PDA

View Full Version : Jakarta - Hotels

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Admin
05-10-06, 01:00
Thread Starter.

Menteng
05-10-06, 22:57
Located very near to hotel Melawai I with it's infamous sixth floor. The Golden hotel is still in it's soft-opening period and offers mini-stays of max.6 hours at 175k ++.
It is located right in the middle of the Melawai area where the Japanese and Korean karaoke lounges are and therefore (?) has it's own karaoke rooms. The hotel itself has no spa or massage parlour, but it is possible to get an in-room massage. I managed to negociate Mei Mei to give me a BBBJ and a CIM, though the last one was not done voluntarely.

Jaimito Cartero
05-11-06, 09:16
A big thanks for Jackson adding the Hotel and Restaurant sections I requested. I hate to clog up the main forum with stuff that a lot of guys may not want to read.

I'm staying at the Golden Boutique Hotel right now. There are two of these, so make sure you've got the right one. It's in a bit of an alley to where all the Karoke places are just across the street from the Blok M Plaza Mall. Cost 1k Rupiah to enter by car.

Enter off of Melawai just next to the Papaya Fresh market. It's about 75 yards, on the left.

I'm in the 3rd day of my stay here. I booked a deluxe (their lowest grade) for 280k per night, no breakfast or such, at a Nursa Travel at the Atrium Mall. I think you can book it with Kaha as well. It's still in their "soft" period, so everything wasn't perfect.

I'll post a more thorough report, along with pictures, when I get back next week.

Thanks to Menteng for mentioning this hotel just before he left.

Wolfy81
05-14-06, 09:44
Has any forum member stayed at this hotel, standard room is only $35.

http://www.sparks-hotel.com/rooms-rates/

If not could someone recommend a good hotel that is girl friendly close to the action between $30-$50 and takes online bookings.

Crypton
05-14-06, 19:37
Has any forum member stayed at this hotel, standard room is only $35.

http://www.sparks-hotel.com/rooms-rates/

If not could someone recommend a good hotel that is girl friendly close to the action between $30-$50 and takes online bookings.

I was thinking of staying in this hotel too - looks pretty new and good price. It's close to Chinatown but a little ways from Blok M. Can someone please post travel time from Chinatown to Blok M in a taxi?

Jaimito Cartero
05-14-06, 20:22
I passed Sparks on my way from Lokasari to Blok M a number of times. I think JAD mentioned it as a decent place to stay.

Time to Blok M depends on the time of day. Rush hour could be 40-60 minutes. Other times 15-20 minutes. At rush hour and busy times, I'd recommend just getting to the Trans Jakarta busway and going from there. Probably crowded, but much faster. I think the fare is 3k or 3.5k.

KL Guy
05-14-06, 21:09
I'd recommend just getting to the Trans Jakarta busway and going from there. Probably crowded, but much faster. I think the fare is 3k or 3.5k.

Yes the fare is 3.5K!

Jmhsys1
05-14-06, 22:16
I will be staying at the Dusit Manga Dua in that neighborhood in a few weeks, is anybody familiar with this hotel? For those who are interested in this neighborhood I believe it has a good reputation, although no longer owned by Dusit. Anyway I can report back in a few weeks.

Crypton
05-14-06, 23:14
I passed Sparks on my way from Lokasari to Blok M a number of times. I think JAD mentioned it as a decent place to stay.

Time to Blok M depends on the time of day. Rush hour could be 40-60 minutes. Other times 15-20 minutes. At rush hour and busy times, I'd recommend just getting to the Trans Jakarta busway and going from there. Probably crowded, but much faster. I think the fare is 3k or 3.5k.
Thanks, JC. Sounds good. I plan to get to Blok M late evening - so should be OK.

Jaimito Cartero
05-14-06, 23:52
Thanks, JC. Sounds good. I plan to get to Blok M late evening - so should be OK.

After 9 or 10 pm should be a pretty easy ride.

There are a lot of places close to you that have good action. A 150k "local" place that Menteng showed me (JAD had shown it to him, I think), TC in Lokasari, Bintang Mewar in Lokasari, plus Hotel Travel, Stadium, Berlian and Kartika massage places are all within a couple of kilometers.

Lambasts
05-15-06, 04:18
I will be staying at the Dusit Manga Dua in that neighborhood in a few weeks, is anybody familiar with this hotel? For those who are interested in this neighborhood I believe it has a good reputation, although no longer owned by Dusit. Anyway I can report back in a few weeks.Dusit is a nice hotel in Chinatown. Opposite the hotel is a row of shophouses with a few hair saloons that offer extra services. I mean pussy to the doorstep of your room after they finished their day at the saloon.

Another landmark is the Liverpool Spa and Massage, about 10 min walk from Dusit.

Wantoknow
05-15-06, 18:53
Does Spark Hotel have broadband internet access? If so, do you have to pay extra for the access and how much per day?

Thanks for the info.

Jaimito Cartero
05-15-06, 22:26
I have found very limited internet service in most hotels in Jakarta. Actually, I've only gotten DSL in one hotel last year, all others were unavailable, except dialup.

Here's a link for the Sparks. Didn't see mention of internet, but didn't look too hard.

http://www.sparks-hotel.com/

Does Spark Hotel have broadband internet access? If so, do you have to pay extra for the access and how much per day?

Thanks for the info.

Bleute
05-16-06, 00:30
Wi-Fi (Wireless Fidelity) for internet access is available now at 5th Floor. And the other area for internet access includes the Main Lobby, Chorus Meeting Rooms, Business Centre, M’nB, Exito Coffee Shop and even the Swimming Pool Area with special installation for particular occasions. Any guest who would like to use the service may obtain the connection password from the Front Desk staff (please dial ext.2).

This was taken from website of Sparks Hotel

Jmhsys1
05-16-06, 05:07
Thanks Lambasts!

This trip I want to stay in C-town, experience something a bit more local, no other bule around. I think it's a nice hotel, but you never hear about it. Should be close to loksari, tc and other places in kota. Experience cocktail hour old style at batavia cafe. get a bit lost up there, northern j town.

Possessed Seoul
05-17-06, 15:27
Anyone tried it? I stayed there in Feb and it was pretty good, have yet to see it mentioned in these pages.

Master Diver II
05-22-06, 06:09
GRAND FLORA is a relatively new hotel and has decent clean rooms but perhaps lacking in the finer touches. But it is well located in Kemang for going out to find interesting and not necessarily expensive restaurants. I believe they have WiFi free there. They also have in room massage which I've yet to try but I did see a couple of cute slim massage ladies who gave me that "look" in the corridor. They also have a club/pub downstairs that another member mentioned but I've heard very little about.

GRAND KEMANG is at least partly recently refurbished. Thay have broadband access in some but not all of their rooms at no extra cost. You had better request the access at the time of reservation to avoid disappointment. Again, well located to go out in the Kemang area and not too far from Blok M.

PARK LANE is a reasonably priced hotel with all the necessary amenities. Broadband is available wired and wireless but chargeable per hour/day/week depending on your choice. If you add the cost to your room cost, it will still be reasonable considering the type and furnishing of the room. In room massage is available - but the girls will ask for extortionate amounts to do anything worthwhile. There is Stix downstairs and I was informed that there are plenty of girls around the coffee house - who may spend a long time on one drink or their meal - that could be available with the correct approach.

LE MERIDIEN can be pricey if you need broadband as this is only available in deluxe rooms and pricier rooms. Superior rooms can only have dial up access. They also have in room massage which may have possibilities. Tiga Puluh is downstairs which is useful to find girls. Not much effort or patience is needed to get them into your room either. There will be one or two absolute stunners from time to time - it's down to your luck! Dont hesitate or someone else will be getting lucky.

That's it for now. I'm feeling too lazy to get into Mulia Senayan, Hyatt, Alila, Intercontinental, Atlet Century, Ascott or Aston Rasuna right now. Hope this little list helps someone.

MD II

Mighty Spearsman
05-22-06, 10:17

One recent weekday, I walked out of Plaza Indonesia to travel to Blok M around 3:45 p.m., and the Jl. Thamrin/Sudirman corridor was a parking lot as far as the eye could see to the south.

No problem, I hopped on the Transjakarta Bus for 3,500 rupiah, somewhat crowded but still room enough to stand without being pressed up against anyone. And the air conditioning worked!

15 minutes later (I timed it), after flying past a traffic jam the entire way, I stepped off the bus at Blok M. Not bad!

Brandon88
05-22-06, 18:34
PARK LANE is a reasonably price be getting lucky.

That's it for now. I'm feeling too lazy to get into Mulia Senayan, Hyatt, Alila, Intercontinental, Atlet Century, Ascott or Aston Rasuna right now. Hope this little list helps someone.

MD II

You can skip the Intercontinental. Aside from being a nice place with all the amenities, the only girls there are the ones I'm bringing in from BATS. :D On the plus side, the elevators require a valid room key, so it protects against surprise visits. My office used to be in Mid Plaza, so this was the choice hotel. But now we've moved to the fountain pen building, so ShangrLa is it. Gosh, I never have to leave the grounds...office, room, BATS.

Tiny 12
05-22-06, 19:54
Nice, especially appreciated the comments on internet, that's a big consideration for me. I'll add a couple from your lazy list.

Mulia Senayan -- Large, luxurious rooms, and good service. They gave me a cake on my birthday. Very nice facilities (health club, pool, restaurants, etc.) CJ's in the hotel is supposed to be a great pick up joint but not for me. The pros there seemed hardened and not so attractive, and I didn't feel real comfortable approaching some of the drop dead beautiful regular cewek there with my [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) poor Bahasa Indonesia. In room Internet is not dial up, but it's very slow. There were some good looking masseuses in health club, available for in room massage I think, but I never tried it out. Tip: You can sometimes avoid the walk of shame by using entrance and elevator on the level below the lobby.

Atlet Century -- Great value. Nice pool. Last time I was there the furnishings, carpet, etc. were getting old. It's not luxurious, but everything in the rooms works and it's clean and comfortable. You can walk to Mall Senayan and it's a short trip to Blok M. Women in health club the most recent time I was there were ugly, and overpriced for extra services, although I do remember seeing some real cupcakes there a few years ago. Tip: To avoid walk of shame, enter through the back door closest to Senayan mall.

MD II

Traveler1234
05-22-06, 22:42
Anyone tried it? I stayed there in Feb and it was pretty good, have yet to see it mentioned in these pages.

Stayed over weekend last Nov, got a suite. Nice bathroom, service ok but good location if you like Kemang Raya and Blok M scene. I usually stay at shangrila but tried this place due to vicinity to some appointments/personal visits during my Nov visit.

Can't remember if wi-fi free

Joel Goodsen
05-23-06, 10:08

Yep, one of the nice boutique hotels in Jakarta South, ie. amongst Grand Kemang hotel and Grand Mahakam. It's fairly new, has a great location, 15 mins to the Blok, 20/30 mins to Senayan. Great restaurants close by .. Payon, Dimsum (my favourite) and Macca's .. yes! Kemang has a relatively nice MacDo's with a terrace and dimmed lights where you can 'dine' outside.

It has wifi downstairs in the lobby, cafetaria/bar area. Broadband ADSL in the rooms, with large in-room safe's for laptops, it also has a small computer room with internet access. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Junior business suite is maybe the nicest room and compares to the price of a standard room in the Mahakam, which is also a very nice hotel, closer to the Blok and the large shopping malls but it's location lacks the nice atmosphere of Kemang. Mahakam being a five star, is more expensive.

The standard rooms in the Grand Flora might be slightly smaller compared to the standard rooms of the Grand Kemang. Especially the new standard rooms of the Grand Kemang are very nice, but the older refurbished rooms are quite good too. The new Grand Kemang has a great brand new interior design and is overall a great hotel since it's re-opening last year, but the downside might be that it occasionally caters for large business groups.. that is, groups of guys who don't have a clue that they're slap bang in the middle of one of the best monger cities in the world .. you know, we're talking blokes that are sitting on top of a goldmine without knowing it!

Might have some pics somewhere.. I'll attach them later. Cheers.

http://www.granmahakam.com/
http://www.asiatravel.com/indonesia/kemang/

Joel Goodsen
05-23-06, 14:09
Great tips. Especially the back entrance of the Atlet Century - valuable info for brudders that like to bring in the cewek in large numbers.

The walk of shame is kept to an absolute bare minimum, there's only one smiling security guard to pass and that's it. .. straight into the lifts and large empty corridors to the hotel room- no hotel lobby to cross, no receptionists to pass, hotel clerks etc.

Maybe it's central location is worth the extra mention too - right in the heart of the business district, 5 mins walks to Ratu Plaza, computers/dvd's etc. and Senayan Plaza. Blok M and the five star hotel bars are only short taxi ride's away.

The Mulia - it's basically what you expect for that kind of price, compared to other hotels in Jakarta. Five star service, rooms are great too - nicely decorated in warm colours and it's bathrooms are amongst the best you'll find with very nice massage showers. However, I don't like the constant checking of staff in my room and to be honest, I wouldn't be too happy with a birthday cake.. well, unless a naked girl would be jumping out of it - of course.

.. not in favour of the Mulia I find - it's grandeur awes some of the cewek that enter the place, completely losing their momentum and turning suddenly very polite under all the golden glittering. I don't like that, a polite starfish in bed and have had that a couple of times. Cheers.

Weblinks to the hotels:
http://www.atletcentury.com/
http://www.hotelmulia.com/indexflash.htm

Nice, especially appreciated the comments on internet, that's a big consideration for me. I'll add a couple from your lazy list.

Mulia Senayan -- Large, luxurious rooms, and good service. They gave me a cake on my birthday. Very nice facilities (health club, pool, restaurants, etc.) CJ's in the hotel is supposed to be a great pick up joint but not for me. The pros there seemed hardened and not so attractive, and I didn't feel real comfortable approaching some of the drop dead beautiful regular cewek there with my [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) poor Bahasa Indonesia. In room Internet is not dial up, but it's very slow. There were some good looking masseuses in health club, available for in room massage I think, but I never tried it out. Tip: You can sometimes avoid the walk of shame by using entrance and elevator on the level below the lobby.

Atlet Century -- Great value. Nice pool. Last time I was there the furnishings, carpet, etc. were getting old. It's not luxurious, but everything in the rooms works and it's clean and comfortable. You can walk to Mall Senayan and it's a short trip to Blok M. Women in health club the most recent time I was there were ugly, and overpriced for extra services, although I do remember seeing some real cupcakes there a few years ago. Tip: To avoid walk of shame, enter through the back door closest to Senayan mall.

Possessed Seoul
05-24-06, 07:18
I might add to that, don't stay on the southern side of the building, which is just above the disco. I complained to the management because the reverberating bass sounds from the basement put me off my stroke! They were pretty good though and upgraded me to a better room. One other thing, the disco and bar could be good nonpro hunting grounds, my wife used to work for Grammedia and knows people in the local music industry, and was always bumping into her friends there, mostly 20-something, unmarried girls with good english.

Yep, one of the nice boutique hotels in Jakarta South, ie. amongst Grand Kemang hotel and Grand Mahakam. It's fairly new, has a great location, 15 mins to the Blok, 20/30 mins to Senayan. Great restaurants close by .. Payon, Dimsum (my favourite) and Macca's .. yes! Kemang has a relatively nice MacDo's with a terrace and dimmed lights where you can 'dine' outside.

It has wifi downstairs in the lobby, cafetaria/bar area. Broadband ADSL in the rooms, with large in-room safe's for laptops, it also has a small computer room with internet access. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Junior business suite is maybe the nicest room and compares to the price of a standard room in the Mahakam, which is also a very nice hotel, closer to the Blok and the large shopping malls but it's location lacks the nice atmosphere of Kemang. Mahakam being a five star, is more expensive.

The standard rooms in the Grand Flora might be slightly smaller compared to the standard rooms of the Grand Kemang. Especially the new standard rooms of the Grand Kemang are very nice, but the older refurbished rooms are quite good too. The new Grand Kemang has a great brand new interior design and is overall a great hotel since it's re-opening last year, but the downside might be that it occasionally caters for large business groups.. that is, groups of guys who don't have a clue that they're slap bang in the middle of one of the best monger cities in the world .. you know, we're talking blokes that are sitting on top of a goldmine without knowing it!

Might have some pics somewhere.. I'll attach them later. Cheers.

http://www.granmahakam.com/
http://www.asiatravel.com/indonesia/kemang/

Texas Rose
05-24-06, 07:49
Just to add to the Massage part of both Hotel Mulia and Shangri La for that matter. Both hotel's in-room massage services are clean, very clean. Very good quality massages but don't expect full service-style (unless I am missing something). I tried the massages several times at both Mulia and Shangri-La and none of the masseur girls took the initiative for any h/j let alone full service.

Mulia's CJ - have had no problems picking up non-pro girls -- totally free of charge. And I do not speak a single word of Bahasa ! I find the girls at CJ's much more "let's have fun" and young at heart compared to the ones at BATS (who seem to be more business-focused !). I don't know, that's certainly my experience. The only problem at CJ is that the noise level is quite high so not so easy to hear what people say.

Enjoy !

Great tips. Especially the back entrance of the Atlet Century - valuable info for brudders that like to bring in the cewek in large numbers.

The walk of shame is kept to an absolute bare minimum, there's only one smiling security guard to pass and that's it. .. straight into the lifts and large empty corridors to the hotel room- no hotel lobby to cross, no receptionists to pass, hotel clerks etc.

Maybe it's central location is worth the extra mention too - right in the heart of the business district, 5 mins walks to Ratu Plaza, computers/dvd's etc. and Senayan Plaza. Blok M and the five star hotel bars are only short taxi ride's away.

The Mulia - it's basically what you expect for that kind of price, compared to other hotels in Jakarta. Five star service, rooms are great too - nicely decorated in warm colours and it's bathrooms are amongst the best you'll find with very nice massage showers. However, I don't like the constant checking of staff in my room and to be honest, I wouldn't be too happy with a birthday cake.. well, unless a naked girl would be jumping out of it - of course.

.. not in favour of the Mulia I find - it's grandeur awes some of the cewek that enter the place, completely losing their momentum and turning suddenly very polite under all the golden glittering. I don't like that, a polite starfish in bed and have had that a couple of times. Cheers.

Weblinks to the hotels:
http://www.atletcentury.com/
http://www.hotelmulia.com/indexflash.htm

Master Diver II
05-25-06, 01:16
I dont know about Shangri La but I'm absolutely certain that some of the younger masseurs at Mulia are definitely available for "extras". I have personally sampled a couple and even had a double (yes, I was feeling extravagant). The only thing is, as with all these 5 star hotels, they will ask for a bomb. As is the usual case in Jakarta, it all depends on your negotiation skills and whether you can get the girl to like you.

My personal experience of CJs is a mix of hardened Pros as well as non-pros. I have had freebies - but most expect a longer relationship and in the end you will end up taking them shopping or buying gifts. The main reason I stay away from CJs is the noise level; my HM always used to ask how come I always come back from Jakarta with a hoarse voice - caused by the need to shout conversations in CJs.

MD II

Just to add to the Massage part of both Hotel Mulia and Shangri La for that matter. Both hotel's in-room massage services are clean, very clean. Very good quality massages but don't expect full service-style (unless I am missing something). I tried the massages several times at both Mulia and Shangri-La and none of the masseur girls took the initiative for any h/j let alone full service.

Mulia's CJ - have had no problems picking up non-pro girls -- totally free of charge. And I do not speak a single word of Bahasa ! I find the girls at CJ's much more "let's have fun" and young at heart compared to the ones at BATS (who seem to be more business-focused !). I don't know, that's certainly my experience. The only problem at CJ is that the noise level is quite high so not so easy to hear what people say.

Enjoy !

KL Guy
05-25-06, 03:04
Hi MD, update on Park Lane & ladies @ the coffee house. As I'm quite often at the coffee house, the ladies you mention are perhaps tenants or gfs of tenants of the Park Lane Residences. Perhaps they bored & are looking for male company but I doubt they'll do it in the hotel! Anyway my 2 rupiah worth of opinion!

PARK LANE is a reasonably priced hotel with all the necessary amenities. Broadband is available wired and wireless but chargeable per hour/day/week depending on your choice. If you add the cost to your room cost, it will still be reasonable considering the type and furnishing of the room. In room massage is available - but the girls will ask for extortionate amounts to do anything worthwhile. There is Stix downstairs and I was informed that there are plenty of girls around the coffee house - who may spend a long time on one drink or their meal - that could be available with the correct approach.
MD II

Texas Rose
05-25-06, 08:04
I dont know about Shangri La but I'm absolutely certain that some of the younger masseurs at Mulia are definitely available for "extras". I have personally sampled a couple and even had a double (yes, I was feeling extravagant). The only thing is, as with all these 5 star hotels, they will ask for a bomb. As is the usual case in Jakarta, it all depends on your negotiation skills and whether you can get the girl to like you.

My personal experience of CJs is a mix of hardened Pros as well as non-pros. I have had freebies - but most expect a longer relationship and in the end you will end up taking them shopping or buying gifts. The main reason I stay away from CJs is the noise level; my HM always used to ask how come I always come back from Jakarta with a hoarse voice - caused by the need to shout conversations in CJs.

MD IILOL about your HM asking about your voice ! Jeeze, we are all in the same boat with our respective HM's (all married to the same wife!)-- mine is surprised that I am always exhausted when I come back from my trips overseas... :-)

Jaimito Cartero
05-31-06, 04:32
Menteng had mentioned this hotel to me, so when I decided to move to Blok M, I booked this hotel. I booked it at Nursa travel in Atrium Mall, upper level. I paid 290k per night, for their deluxe room (the lowest level of room), without breakfast. An inside room, with no windows. Their quoted "specials" rates are about 10% higher, and don't include taxes. You can probably book through Kaha as well.

It was still in it's "soft opening", and there were construction sounds after 8am in the morning. There is a security guy on each floor, and the service seemed nice.

It's located in Karaoke Alley, across the street from the Blok M Mall. Many Taxi drivers won't know where it's at, but you enter by the Papaya fresh market, and pay 1000 rupiah to enter. The address is: Jl Melawai 8, no 6-8, Blok M. Phone is 62.21.7234.555. Email: sales_gbhm@indosat.net.id

It's nice seeing a new hotel in good shape. I'm sure these prices will go up once they get all the construction done. They have a help desk and a concierge, as well.

The bedding was nice, and even though it didn't have a fridge, or a safe in the room, they brought them both within an hour after I requested them.

Jed Wordsmith
05-31-06, 11:16
Gents,

I'm heading back to Jakarta next week for the first time in awhile. Have been booked into the Sari Pan Pacific. I've searched the thread but can't find any info on it. Is it girl-friendly? I believe there's a bar downstairs; any good for finding company? Anyplace nearby worth checking out?

Sorry for the newbie-style questions, but I've done a search and can't find anything useful.

Wordsmith

XXL
05-31-06, 16:15
I've patronised Mercure Rekso over the last five years and I can say all masseuses there proposed HJ once the basic "masase tradisional" was at an end. Not all agreed to intercourse however, and when they did it was usually at a price well above the market rate. I don't see the point of trying to fuck a hotel masseuse given the availability of girls in JKT. I may have fucked two or three "traditional" masseuses in all those years.

I suspect masseuses at all good hotels (3 stars and above) are instructed not to be too overt in proposing sex services and risk getting the sack if they infringe the rules. Promising not to tell anyone, especially not other masseuses, may help you getting a masseuse to consent. Masseuses at 5-star hotels are reasonably well paid so the incentive to earn extra money with sex is not so strong. It is not unusual at such hotels for customers to leave a tip that is several times the basic price of the massage (one or two million Rupiah is not unusual). If a girl at such a hotel proposes intercourse at, say, between 300 and 500kR extra, it means she has taken some fancy to you or is really in need of sex. Some women in Indonesia are really lonely and are not getting enough attention from men. Not like our bitches at home.

Changing the subject, the hotel Jaimito presents in his posting below really seems good value for money, especially in Blok M where there aren't many alternatives.

Jaimito Cartero
05-31-06, 16:49
Changing the subject, the hotel Jaimito presents in his posting below really seems good value for money, especially in Blok M where there aren't many alternatives.

I thought so, as well. I doubt it will be too cheap for long, however. I'd guess that within 6-9 months, the lowest agency rate will be 350-390k, still not a bad deal. I thought the room quality was better than Ambhara, and service was much better.

It also has some features I haven't seen before. If you close your door, but it doesn't latch, the door lock sets off a short (1/2 sec) alarm to let you know.

They've got a restaurant/bar with live music. The night I went it was country/western night, and a bunch of lesbians were line dancing. Not my type of place, no freelancers, but I've been in worse.

Menteng
06-02-06, 23:57
JD,

I remember a similar question in the Jakarta thread about the same hotel some time ago. Try the search function of the forum.

Jaimito Cartero
06-03-06, 09:58
For those staying at a Sheraton/Le Meridian hotels in Indonesia, they've having a 20% off sale, if you book and prepay 2 or more nights. Seems like a decent deal at the hotels I checked, but if you've already got a negotiated rate it might be less.

You can check this link out for more info. (Good at most Sheratons worldwide).

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/promotions/promo_home2.html?promoCode=Z2H

Tiny 12
06-06-06, 01:25
Wordsmith, it's been several years since I stayed there, but at the time the bar outside and downstairs sucked for women. I didn't run across any pros and the non-pros weren't very friendly. The hotel was girl friendly. I did not think it was a particularly good value, and I don't particularly like the location. It's close to Jalan Jaska, if you want to go slumming. There's a McDonalds closeby that's good for nonpros or the occasional semipro. Seems like there was a Hard Rock Cafe very close, but I think they moved.

Wantoknow
06-16-06, 18:42
Alila Hotel has broadband internet access and in-room safe which are my two important criteria in choosing a hotel. And judging from the map, it is quite close to Sparks Hotel and therefore right there in the "Kota" district and the famous Lokasari.

I would appreciate your opinions on which hotel is better in terms of easy access to mongering. As I understand it, there may be traffic issue in staying at Alila Hotel.

Thanks guys.

Bulai69
06-16-06, 21:39
Alila is not a good location for mongering in my opinion. Main problem is getting taxi's. Depends where you want to spend time - its fairly handy for Kota but that's not my area. There have been other reports on Alila, I suggest you "search" in main thread

Djekkie Tjen
06-17-06, 00:19
Alila is not a good location for mongering in my opinion. Main problem is getting taxi's. Depends where you want to spend time - its fairly handy for Kota but that's not my area. There have been other reports on Alila, I suggest you "search" in main threadI can not comment on the Alila itself but I do not think getting taxi's will be a problem over there. I stayed at the RedTop hotel just across the street and there is a Blue Bird stand at that hotel with a big queue of taxi's always waiting. So there is a lot of bluebird traffic in that street and if it takes too long at alila just cross the street to RedTop.

Wantoknow
06-20-06, 17:25
Thanks Djekkie for the info. How is Redtop Hotel? I cant' find any info on it. Would you recommend staying there?

Fast Eddie 48
06-20-06, 23:22
Any one stay at olympia hotel in Loposarie plaza near kota before , Any comment and do they have a pool or website avalible .

fast eddie 48

Bulai69
06-21-06, 13:29
Redtop is very much a "local" style hotel and is not in Alila class at all. But maybe it's cheaper. The problem with taxi's at Alila is that the hotel lobby is not at street level and there is (was) no taxi queue near the lobby like most hotels in that class. As Djekkie Tjen says, you can walk down the street but what if it's raining? On balance Alila is better if the price is similar - but I don't think that's a good area for mongering. However, that's just a reflection on where I like to monger.

Texas Rose
06-25-06, 12:10
Hi,

If anyone has a special discount with Hotel Darmawangsa in JKT, I am a taker ! I understand it is THE best hotel in town and I am therefore keen on trying it out, however rates without discount are very steep... If anyone out there can help me out on this, I will greatly appreciate it and will be more than happy to share discounts I have at Shangi La, Crowne Plaza, Mulia.

Thanks,

Gustav Henry

Bulai69
06-26-06, 20:00
Gustav Henry - I went there a couple of months ago - one of my rich women "girlfriends" paid I am happy to say. There are two (at least) options - go with a local person and get local rates (about half in this case) or try asiarooms.com which often has good discount's there.

Traveler1234
06-26-06, 20:21
Gustav Henry - I went there a couple of months ago - one of my rich women "girlfriends" paid I am happy to say. There are two (at least) options - go with a local person and get local rates (about half in this case) or try asiarooms.com which often has good discount's there.

Did a quick expedia check for arbitrary dates in late August and got exec room for $168, same room at asiarooms was $198. I think you'll need to try a couple of different sites, assume they have their own homepage which usually maybe the cheapest?

Master Diver II
06-27-06, 06:56
Did a quick expedia check for arbitrary dates in late August and got exec room for $168, same room at asiarooms was $198. I think you'll need to try a couple of different sites, assume they have their own homepage which usually maybe the cheapest?

You should also check if the price is nett or ++ and what the overall package is. Basic items but we all make mistakes sometimes and since it makes a big difference in Jakarta, better to be safe. Good luck.

MD II

Texas Rose
06-27-06, 12:16
appreciate the collective input. I really to try this hotel, I heard great things about how exclusive it is (only 100 rooms apparently).For a little over $150, worth trying out even for one night.
Best,
gustav heny

Jakboy
07-23-06, 04:07
M,

It was still in it's "soft opening", and there were construction sounds after 8am in the morning. There is a security guy on each floor, and the service seemed nice.

It's nice seeing a new hotel in good shape. I'm sure these prices will go up once they get all the construction done. They have a help desk and a concierge, as well.They have raised prices - i took a 6 hr room over the weekend and was charged 323k all in. I think the basic room rate has been moved up to 450 or 400++

Jaimito Cartero
07-23-06, 07:20
They have raised prices - i took a 6 hr room over the weekend and was charged 323k all in. I think the basic room rate has been moved up to 450 or 400++

Well, that's about 10-15% more than Menteng reported, I think. If you check at the Kaha booth at the airport (or some train stations), and the Nursa Travel booth up on the top floor of Atrium Mall, you might find better pricing.

Menteng
07-24-06, 18:25
Well, that's about 10-15% more than Menteng reported, I think.

The price I paid was 175K ++. But you might remember, that that was in their "soft-opening" weeks.

MarkIII
07-28-06, 19:04
Strangely enough I have not seen this hotel in this thread so far.

I stayed there last year for around Rp 400.000 (nett) incl. breakfast it was really excellent value for money. I advise to buy vouchers at a travel agent that saves a lot of money.
food is really great..... and the bar (the Tavern) is fine too.

The only negative point I can think of is the parking-garage under the hotel. It is pretty small and after midnight you can not enter the hotel directly from the parking area. You should use the main entrance, not always handy when you bring a girl (or two ;) )

cheers, MarkIII

Bulai69
07-28-06, 23:22
Aryaduta Hotel is OK (part of Hyatt) but a bit "off the beaten track" - at least the track I beat. However it's handy for Atrium mall and also Kota for those who like that area. Price is much lower than Grand Hyatt but overall quality/service is similar. No problem getting girl(s) in but as Mark III says you can't do so discretely late at night. The Tavern bar underneath the hotel is well past it as far as a pick up place is concerned (in my experience) - it used to be pretty good.

For some reason the hotel is a favorite place for Germans in the same way as the Meridien is a favorite for French people.

Tonbo
07-29-06, 12:37
Good clean hotel, excellent service. Close to station Gambir.

And maybe too close to US Embassy. Been there when bomb threats and streets were shut down.

Also, because of Hyatt connection, suspectible to attack.

Food is excellent. Spa very good. Massages there, or in-room. nice pool, water could be cleaner.

Rates vary. shop the internet for best rates.

Tonbo
07-29-06, 12:41
My hotel of choice now- Asian concern. Located near Emporium, Classic and other spas.

Excellent restaurants nearby and close to major city center locations. Restaurant food OK.

Rates seemed to have gone up. I was staying there when it opened for around $65USD/night. Internet rates now in the $80s.

Contemp design, boutique styling. Nice spa and gym. Pool is really one of the best in the city IMHO. clean and light salt water.

Never brought a guest in, but likely OK.

Havsexwilltravel
08-02-06, 07:00
Hello,

I hope this is the correct place to post this... I will be in Jakarta for over a month and have seen some apartments for rent for $600 a month and up on the Internet. Most don't seem to rent for any less than 6 months at a time, but they look pretty nice and can be a better buy than paying for a hotel room every night. I am curious about how "girl friendly" these apartment complexes are. Also, do you think it is bad to be fixed in one location so girls always know where you are, or is it better to rent hotels and be a "moving target." I am actually interested in bringing "regular" girls home as opposed to working girls, but how uptight are these buildings about non-renters entering the building?

Thank you.

MarkIII
08-03-06, 11:40
Hello,

I hope this is the correct place to post this... I will be in Jakarta for over a month and have seen some apartments for rent for $600 a month and up on the Internet. Most don't seem to rent for any less than 6 months at a time, but they look pretty nice and can be a better buy than paying for a hotel room every night. I am curious about how "girl friendly" these apartment complexes are. Also, do you think it is bad to be fixed in one location so girls always know where you are, or is it better to rent hotels and be a "moving target." I am actually interested in bringing "regular" girls home as opposed to working girls, but how uptight are these buildings about non-renters entering the building?
Thank you.

Too bad I just rented my appartment to a Jappanese gentlemen ;)
I can not imagine you have any trouble bringing girls to you appartment, why would it be a problem ??.
It's true most people like to rent it for a longer period of time (me included)
But the Aston Rasuna appartements (for example) are also available per month (or less ?) and service is included. If you are really adventurous you could rent a car as well.

MarkIII

KL Guy
08-03-06, 22:41
Last year I stayed at Batavia Apartments 3 Room Condo through Asiarooms.com @ 950K inclusive of ++. The apartments security is girl friendly if you bring the girl in, however without a guest escorting the girls there may be hassles for the girls, thus if your bringing them in personally, there shouldn't be any prbolems based on my personal experiances & sharing of info with the local ISG guys & the expats in Jakarta! If the girls even know which apartment you're in it's almost impossible for them to get in unless they bribe themselves in, so the choice is yours. I have never faced problems with unwanted ladies during my stay @ Batavia Apartments!

KL Guy

Hello,

Thank you.

Havsexwilltravel
08-07-06, 05:51
Thank you KL Guy and MarkIII. Any opinions on staying at the Taman Rasuna?

Thanks

Last year I stayed at Batavia Apartments 3 Room Condo through Asiarooms.com @ 950K inclusive of ++. The apartments security is girl friendly if you bring the girl in, however without a guest escorting the girls there may be hassles for the girls, thus if your bringing them in personally, there shouldn't be any prbolems based on my personal experiances & sharing of info with the local ISG guys & the expats in Jakarta! If the girls even know which apartment you're in it's almost impossible for them to get in unless they bribe themselves in, so the choice is yours. I have never faced problems with unwanted ladies during my stay @ Batavia Apartments!

KL Guy

MarkIII
08-08-06, 16:46
Thank you KL Guy and MarkIII. Any opinions on staying at the Taman Rasuna?

Thanks

I like Taman Rasuna it is pretty strategic. A hospital, fitnessclub and Pasar festival with shops a food-court and a Pizza Hut all very close. But it is a massive complex not sure how many towers there are (almost 20). The quality is okay. Many europeans stay there. If you want a bit more quality you could go for Puri Cassablanca thats a higher standard but you need a car to do your shopping.

MarkIII

John Aldrich
08-08-06, 18:37
Last wednesday evening, I had a date with a girl from one of the dating sites. And wee decided to meet up at the Galael in Tebet because she was coming from the Bazar in Hilton, where she works as a Marketing manager. The traffic flow was crazy. We were supposed to meet at 5 30 pm because her office closes at 5 pm. I was there sharp by 5 25, but she landed only around 6 15 and all the time she lept sending sms to me to wait.

I decided to pick up a couple of packets of condoms and the moment she came in, I told her, "look , am tired because you made me wait and I need a beer and lets go to a private place where only both of us have a beer and chat up. " She agreed. Got into the car and drove towards Carrefour Pancoran. I have written about this place in the past and its there in the list. Its diagonally opposite Indo Mobil. Just before Carrefour in Pancoran, you will find a big board indicating left and stating MASUK. And as you enter it will be written PN, which means Pondok Nirwana. There are over 100 Garages. You drive down straight into one of the garages. There are wall lights with markings next to each room. It says, standard, VIP, Super VIP etc. I drove into a VIP room. A guy comes and closes the Garage. No need of producing any id etc. I park the car in the garage and got down and escorted my date inside the room straight through the garage which has a good and decent couch, sofa set, a double bed , a fridge and a bathroom which actually you can see what is happening inside through the glass wall . This girl did not realise that I could see inside the bathroom and she goes in and starts washing herself clean.

Meanwhile I called the room service and ordered 4 bottles of beer and as the beer came in, I paid for the room which was around Rp.200 for 6 hours.and 30K per beer. The guy bearer saw that the TV was switched off. He could see the girl washing herself inside. He took the remote, switched on the TV and straight scanned the channels and hit the porn channel. I was dazerd. The guy then hurriedly went out stating enjoy yourself sir. I locked the room. The TV was on top. As she came out, she did not realise what was happening. As she was was sipping her bear she galnced at the TV and stealed a look towards me to see whether I was watching and I was watching her steal a look at me, through the mirrored walls. And then she was intensely watching the TV. It was a porn film, well made. A German film. And suddenly I asked her, whether she would like to try it and she became shy. That was the indicator for me to take her on.

In case any of you guys are using alibis for your name and taking girls out and do not want to risk using ur id for leaving some trace, then I would suggest use this place Pondok Nirwana, in case you have your transport. I unserstand that there is one place in Fatmawati too which is much cheaper.

You finish your act. In case you want food, they have a decent menu for room service, though indonesian food. Then just open the Garage and drive out. The day that I had gone there, I saw atleast 3 couples driving down in motorcycles straight into the Garages and a few in the cars and closing the Garage. And in case you wanna watch porn films, then the channel is there too. Jakarta never ceases to amaze me.

Bumsii
08-09-06, 23:40
Anyone can give me any information about bringing chicks into the Marriott hotel in Jakarta and as well in Surabaya? I will be staying in them for 3 weeks and it would be great if i can bring ladies around as I want

thanks for your answers-help

Greetz,

Bumsii

Bulai69
08-12-06, 00:04
Bumsii, let me assure that I have been bringing girls into 5 * Jakarta hotels for 15 years and never once have I had any kind of problem. Don't even think about it. What I would say is that it's always better if you accompany them in (and out) as they may get agro from security if they are alone. Most will want you to do that.

Rimalot
08-13-06, 09:33
Hello mongers,

I will visit JKT soon. I have checked the forum regarding the most suitable hotel for our hobby and I didn't find. Can you recommend a 4 or 5* hotel, if possible with a girls pick up near by. I also like to bring in more than one, e.g. if 2 friends like to have a threesome.

Thanks for your advise!

Dorman
08-13-06, 14:19
John Aldrich

I'm familiar with Tebet, I do my shopping at the Carrefour on Pancoran called Carrefour Cawang, is this the same Carrefour where I would find Pondol Nirwana? As I've never seen the place. Do I need a car to use this little love nest or can I bring my girl in a taxi? This might sound stupid but I mostly do my hunting in the early evening when I combine it with my pub crawl and leave the car at home.

Dorman
08-13-06, 14:32
Hello,

Thank you.

Apartments are much better value and as you're staying only a month, ie not moving in as a permanent resident then I suppose you could bring the girls back. How much are you willing to spend? I stayed for a while in Take's Mansion off Thamrin and paid about 7 juta a month for a two bedroom/two bathroom penthouse but the decor was fairly basic. I also stayed at the Pavilion apartment complex which was much more upscale and much more expensive too.

You will receive no problems from security in fact they should be regarded as your friends, remember the last thing you want is unexpected guests arriving at inconvenient hours or formerly welcome guests who decide to overstay their welcome.

Some tips; NEVER give the entrance code to the girl, she wants in, you let her in yourself, security entrance codes are there for a reason. Don't be the asshole that causes the code to be changed every ten days coz he keeps telling Fatal Attraction candidates the number. Tell security no one visits without your explicit say so, remember you might have enjoyed her for a couple of days but you can do without the romance breaker when she's buzzing your door and you've got her little sister on the boil on the sofa.

Best advice of all however is rent a cheap hotel room as and when you need them, you can get them for twenty dollars, that way you can safely disappear anonymously into the night when things get too serious.

John Aldrich
08-13-06, 18:12
John Aldrich

I'm familiar with Tebet, I do my shopping at the Carrefour on Pancoran called Carrefour Cawang, is this the same Carrefour where I would find Pondol Nirwana? As I've never seen the place. Do I need a car to use this little love nest or can I bring my girl in a taxi? This might sound stupid but I mostly do my hunting in the early evening when I combine it with my pub crawl and leave the car at home.

Yes, that is the Carrefour. Just before taking a left turn to go to Carrefour, about 50 to 100 metres before, you will see an arrow mark board in white with blue markings written PN and underneath PN it will be written Masuk. You have to really watch that area carefully because you might miss the board. Normally when I go down the toll road from the subroto area and hoit the cawang signal and enter the road towards Carrefour, I slw down my car and literally crawl on the left lane, so that I do not miss the place. There is a taxi stand to the entrance of PN.Just go in and after about 20 yeards you will find a nother board with an arrow mark and the words" Rooms" written and asking you to turn left. Just get in and you will find a whole lot of Garages and many attendants who will try to guide you in. I would suggest that you take either a VIP room or a VVIP room. See the marks near the Garage doors on the lamp shade for VIP or VVIP. Do not take standard rooms,because they do not have refrigerators. Because just in case you decide to order for beer, you might as well order it in bulk and store in the Refrigerator. Or maybe you might want to carry your own bottle with the mixer and keep it in the refrigerator.

I would advise you to take your car. AVoid taking a cab. Because after the act you may have to walk out and wait for a cab in the lonely stretch,because there is indeed a taxi stand there, but that does not belong to Blue Bird but one of those cab stands which maybe dangerous. And in case you are taking your girl you mightas well take her there straight and have your drink with the porn film on, instead of going to the pub,unless of course you are going to the pub to pick up a girl.

Bulai69
08-13-06, 20:33
Please see my post (and John A's) in Jakarta thread. Pretty well all the 4 and 5* hotels have pick up places (ie bars/disco's/clubs) IN the hotel. Whether that's the best place to pick up however is another matter which is discussed at considerable length in the forum. Try Le Meridien, Shangi La, Mulia which are probably the top three in that respect.

Rimalot
08-15-06, 15:14
Please see my post (and John A's) in Jakarta thread. Pretty well all the 4 and 5* hotels have pick up places (ie bars/disco's/clubs) IN the hotel. Whether that's the best place to pick up however is another matter which is discussed at considerable length in the forum. Try Le Meridien, Shangi La, Mulia which are probably the top three in that respect.Thanks Bulai69, I will explore. In fact I did search the forum but also read that the scene is changeing a lot always.

Bumsii
08-16-06, 22:48
Bumsii, let me assure that I have been bringing girls into 5 * Jakarta hotels for 15 years and never once have I had any kind of problem. Don't even think about it. What I would say is that it's always better if you accompany them in (and out) as they may get agro from security if they are alone. Most will want you to do that.So what is your favourite hotel in jakarta would be interesting to hear as you were already like i think more or less in everyone bulai69

Thx again,

B

Havsexwilltravel
08-19-06, 08:08
(cut) while in Take's Mansion off Thamrin and paid about 7 juta a month for a two bedroom/two bathroom penthouse but the decor was fairly basic. I also stayed at the Pavilion apartment complex which was much more upscale and much more expensive too.

(cut cut)Thanks for your input Dorman, I've never heard of that place. When you rent a place like this or Taman Rasuna, do you just walk in the front door and ask to see a room? Is it better to go through an agent? If you leave a damage deposit with a place like this, do they ever try to rip you off and not give it back?

Thanks.

Bulai69
08-19-06, 10:09
My favorite, for a whole range of reasons, is Le Meridien. In my opinion it's best value (cost/quality - around USD 65 on asia-rooms), ideal location (2 or 3 minutes to PI even at busy times and rarely more than 10 minutes back). It's got 30 Bar which although not brilliant, if you arrive too knackered to go out (I'm rarely THAT knackered even after a 30 hour trip!) you've a reasonable chance of finding a girl worth having up to 3 am. Also the staff are friendly, it's got decent restaurants and pretty central being fairly equi-distant from most places I want to go.

Dezi Guy
08-22-06, 19:19
Any mongering to be had at Club Deluxe at the Menara Peninsula?

What is the going amount, Rp?

Kaki
09-06-06, 16:36
Hi guys,

I am a total newbie here, but I on a few days of biz trip here. Unfortunately I will be on my own most of the time. Some friends recommend Melawai 1 Hotel, which is near to Blok M and near to airport bus, is this hotel GF? Thanks.

I hope I have more time to explore places nearby, not the usual tourist stuff, faham, :D

Crypton
09-07-06, 00:24
Hi guys,

I am a total newbie here, but I on a few days of biz trip here. Unfortunately I will be on my own most of the time. Some friends recommend Melawai 1 Hotel, which is near to Blok M and near to airport bus, is this hotel GF? Thanks.

I hope I have more time to explore places nearby, not the usual tourist stuff, faham, :D

Not only is it GF, they have their own supply of hookers!! :)

Kaki
09-07-06, 05:43
Not only is it GF, they have their own supply of hookers!! :)

Thanks to your reply, I have done packing my bag just now.

Marlboro Red
09-11-06, 23:38
Jakarta Newbie here, does anyone know the web address of hotel Melawai? If not I book the Atlet century hotel.

Joel Goodsen
09-14-06, 03:45
Jakarta Newbie here, does anyone know the web address of hotel Melawai? If not I book the Atlet century hotel.
MR,

I don't think Melawai has a web address. It's mainly known for its famous 6th floor, "Maribaya", where you can indulge in ST action. You'll be much better off staying at the Atlet.

As per star on the map, Melawai is located between Blok M plaza and Pasaraya Grande, South Jakarta. cheers.
http://www.streetdirectory.com/indonesia/jakarta/travel.php?frommap=1&ismap=1&travel_id=698&travel_site=124&travel_no=No.18-20&x=699144.8222&y=9309223.1834&star=1&level=5?213,279

El Culion
09-14-06, 11:23
Hotel Melawai, 18-20 Jl. Melawai Raya - Kebayoran Baru Jakarta PO Box 6127, phone 2700408/2700469, fax (021) 2700397

Be warned! If you're a light sleeper, don't take this hotel. The rooms are noisy because of the market!

Menteng
09-15-06, 05:53
Hotel Melawai, 18-20 Jl. Melawai Raya - Kebayoran Baru Jakarta PO Box 6127, phone 2700408/2700469, fax (021) 2700397

Be warned! If you're a light sleeper, don't take this hotel. The rooms are noisy because of the market!

The true Culion! Knows where to culiar! ;)

Joel Goodsen
11-05-06, 06:10
Once again I've found myself making an online booking using www.jakartahotels.com. Around 80% of my advance online hotel bookings for Jakarta so far I have made using this site - this time I've booked for the Aston's, Aston Atrium Senen and Aston Rasuna, both slightly under the 70 US.

Compared to other online sites I find their rates listed better on average - I'm not sure if they are the best & must say that I've never used KAHA travel, but mainly because I only can stay for short periods of time in Jakarta and being the case I want to have everything nicely planned and confirmed in advance. As they're a referral directory, also the system they use is convenient, they only get the credit card details of you, but do not charge it as opposed to other online travel sites like wotif.

Jay Prodhan
11-05-06, 07:04
New to Jakarta and stayed at Park Lane Hotel on my first few nites. Had an offer for 500,000 from a young lady for all night massage et. al. Could anyone advise how good this rate is and is the hotel a good place for the ladies or what would be better. As well Medan any thoughts?

Member #3409
11-08-06, 07:55
Looking for a recomendation for a good hotel for a few nights in Jakarta. Looking for something on the bus route between Blok M and Kota. Every other time I've been to Jakarta I've stayed at Park Lane or the Gran Melia, but this time its for pleasure not work. Looking at max price of around $100Aus.

Have had a look at Le Meridian and juding by comments here its ok (if not pricey) for mongering, although don't think I will be up to too much of that as I am meeting a friend for a few days. So the main thing as I said is reasonable quality and on the bus route.

Mighty Spearsman
11-08-06, 12:07
Looking for a recomendation for a good hotel for a few nights in Jakarta. Looking for something on the bus route between Blok M and Kota. Every other time I've been to Jakarta I've stayed at Park Lane or the Gran Melia, but this time its for pleasure not work. Looking at max price of around $100Aus.

Have had a look at Le Meridien, and judging by comments here it's ok (if not pricey) for mongering, although don't think I will be up to too much of that as I am meeting a friend for a few days. So the main thing as I said is reasonable quality and on the bus route.
Le Meridien is certainly a good choice, and you should be able to get a decent price these days.

Other options might be the Mandarin Oriental and Hotel Nikko, both across from Plaza Indonesia with a bus stop there. Both should be around US $70 per night (not sure how much that is in Aussie money).

On the Blok M end, try the Ambhara Hotel (spelling?)

Bleute
11-09-06, 02:39
Can anyone direct me to the website for that hotel reservation place at the airport.

I want to book before I come so need the website.

Have tried to search for the name but have not been lucky enough to find it.

Master Diver II
11-09-06, 05:58
Can anyone direct me to the website for that hotel reservation place at the airport.

www.goindotel.com

Good luck

MD II

Mangga
11-09-06, 10:13
Another good hotel on the route from Blok M to Kota is the Sari Pan Pacific. Rooms are good, gym/pool etc are fine (not opulent but OK). A bit cheaper than Meridien and has the great advantage of being close to the lively Wahid Hasyim area with lots of good eateries and some mongering possibilities - eg the famous McDonalds, Jalan Jaksa etc. alas the old Hard Rock Cafe has moved to near Plaza Indonesia and is pretty boring in its new incarnation.

Doesn't have anything like Tiga Puluh but there is a bar below the hotel which I've heard is hot - never actually been there. I quite like Flanagans bar in the main part of the hotel. Quiet most nights but good for a beer and a chat and is busy on nights with the live band.

Jaimito Cartero
11-09-06, 11:13

I've found that Kaha had better prices for booking at the airport, compared to Indotel. The Indotel web site that someone else posted doesn't let you purchase tickets, you still have to go to the booth, though they let you give them basic info. I've never used the website for a booking, so I can't tell for sure. At least it's a good way to get an idea about pricing.

Member #3409
11-09-06, 12:08
Thanks for the advice, used asiarooms.com to book (well its yet to be confirmed) into the Ambhara, due to its closeness to Blok M and the bus. The price was $116aud much better than the prices they list on their own site.

Jaimito Cartero
11-09-06, 17:14
Thanks for the advice, used asiarooms.com to book (well its yet to be confirmed) into the Ambhara, due to its closeness to Blok M and the bus. The price was $116aud much better than the prices they list on their own site.

Seems a bit high to me. I stayed a couple of years ago, and paid about $60 US a night there. Of course prices go up, but I recall looking at the price earlier this year in the Kaha book, and it being maybe $70 US or so.

Abbnat
12-04-06, 23:34
In case any of you guys are using alibis for your name and taking girls out and do not want to risk using ur id for leaving some trace, then I would suggest use this place Pondok Nirwana, in case you have your transport. I unserstand that there is one place in Fatmawati too which is much cheaper.

You finish your act. In case you want food, they have a decent menu for room service, though indonesian food. Then just open the Garage and drive out. The day that I had gone there, I saw atleast 3 couples driving down in motorcycles straight into the Garages and a few in the cars and closing the Garage. And in case you wanna watch porn films, then the channel is there too. Jakarta never ceases to amaze me.Any idea where this place is in Fatimwati?

John Aldrich
12-07-06, 17:25
Any idea where this place is in Fatimwati?

Unfortunatley I do not know the directions to that place. I had managed to get cewek from faceparty and she took me there. But I guess if you pick up any girl from Blok M or Pondok Indah or Fatmawati area and ask them to take you to the motel in Fatmawati, they would take you there.

Cheers

Key Master
12-08-06, 05:04
I agree with Jaimito that Kaha has better prices than Indotel. The only problem I believe with Kaha is that their hotel list is considerably shorter. Kaha is located after you leave immigration and customs where all the taxi booths are. I believe you should have no problem re-entering to go back to Indotel inside where you picked up your bags if you had to.

Here is a link to Indotel. It's hard for me to see but when you hit a button like Jakarta to see the hotel list they only show a small list. There is a "more" button middle bottom of the page that is tough for me to read, maybe because of the size and color of the button along with the background. At least that gives you an ideal of what they might charge once you arrive. I think I tried to book through them beforehand but somehow ran into a snag.

http://www.goindotel.com/

Jaimito Cartero
01-15-07, 05:48
I didn't see a huge difference in the number of hotels offered between Kaha and Indotel. However, I didn't count them either.

The Indotel site is a bit klunky, but does list a lot of different hotels. One of the things I disliked about Indotel is that often they had only one price listed for Bule/Local, whereas Kaha may have a three different prices, but often you get it for 10-20% less than the all in one price Indotel has.

There is a "more" button on the bottom of the display. I think they listed about 150 hotels.

Jaimito Cartero
01-15-07, 05:49
Has anyone booked the Olympic Hotel near TC through Kaha or Indotel? Or if not, what the standard price is.

Kiasi
01-15-07, 07:07
Hi all,

Did anyone stay in Crowne plaza hotel jakarta b4?

Besides, can anyone recommend me any hotel budget around USD 90? Besides, the location of the hotel is closed by to the hanky panyky area.

Jaimito Cartero
01-15-07, 10:34
Most of Jakarta is close to some hanky panky. The three main areas I've stayed at are the Jalan Jaksa where many of the lower priced ladies are, hotels are in the $25-45 range. It's also not too far away from Plaza Indonesia, I think.

Around the Atrium Mall, there is the Aston Atrium or the Oasis Amir. These are good for mall hunting. $30-$50

Blok M is where much of the action happens. The Ambhara, plus many others. Bulai and the others that are spending Tony Blair's money, stay at the hotels that they monger in.

Define where you want to monger at, and then I'm sure you'll get some recommendations. All the prices I'm giving for hotels are if they are booked at one of the airport booking services. If you direct book, or book on most internet booking services, you'll probably pay a lot more.

Joel Goodsen
01-16-07, 15:03
Hi all,

Did anyone stay in Crowne plaza hotel jakarta b4?

Besides, can anyone recommend me any hotel budget around USD 90? Besides, the location of the hotel is closed by to the hanky panyky area.
Re your question, what info you're after, Kiasi..? I think Crowne plaza will cost you slightly over 90 USD - from what I remember I paid around 110 USD the time I stayed there. Crowne plaza hosts the 'Retro' and has some other places of interest nearby - but if you prefer a hotel close to 'hanky panky', maybe choose a hotel in the Kota or Blok M area.. cheers.

Tercar 66
01-17-07, 11:08
Guys, We are 3 of us planning to visit JKT in mid March. Instead of staying in a hotel we prefer hotel Appts. If you guys know of any girl friendly hotel appts near Block M pls let us know. We need an appt with 3 bedrooms for 4 nights.

Master Diver II
01-18-07, 03:04
Re your question, what info you're after, Kiasi..? I think Crowne plaza will cost you slightly over 90 USD - from what I remember I paid around 110 USD the time I stayed there. Crowne plaza hosts the 'Retro' and has some other places of interest nearby - but if you prefer a hotel close to 'hanky panky', maybe choose a hotel in the Kota or Blok M area.. cheers.

Kiasi,

You should check out Indotel and Kaha on arrival. I'm sure you can get rooms at Le Meridien for less than that. Crowne Plaza is available for USD84 on the Indotel website. The Aston near Sudirman (Jl Garnisun) is available for less than USD 100. If you want to go for a lower budget hotel, you can stay in Manhattan for about 530-550k rupiah (not that far from Meridien and you save more money to go hunting). If you want to be up North, you can look at anything from the Sheraton Media, Oasis Amir, Aston Atrium all give you lower budget choices. Ultimately, you have to decide where you want to go at what time (especially with the macet) to decide on your accomodation. Locations like Le Meridien, Nikko allow you to be near the Expressway Bus leaving flexibility to go North and South. Check out the Indotel website and the location finder on websites like Precision reservations to get a better idea. Good luck.

MD II

JohnTodd
01-18-07, 04:00
I have been in Jakarta a few times, last time I stayed at the Mula Hotel, the night club was great, loaded with working ladies. I stayed at the Hilton several years ago, do not remember how active the bar was, stayed at the Sheraton by the airport, it had some lounge action. This time I will stay at the LeMeridian, any lounge action there? The health club looks interesting on their website, anyone try it?

Smoothy
01-18-07, 04:48
I have been in Jakarta a few times, last time I stayed at the Mula Hotel, the night club was great, loaded with working ladies. I stayed at the Hilton several years ago, do not remember how active the bar was, stayed at the Sheraton by the airport, it had some lounge action. This time I will stay at the LeMeridian, any lounge action there? The health club looks interesting on their website, anyone try it?

The 3 hotels in town with extremely popular bar/discos for westerners are Mulia hotel, Le Meridien and Shangri La. That hasn't changed in about the last 10 years or so.

Kiasi
01-18-07, 06:58
MD,

Frankly, i am new to Jakarta. I have been to jakarta there twice i think 1 years back..and only manage to go to Blok M. Besides, is Le meridian far from Blok M?

After checking around the webpages, i think i have decide to stay in Le meridian..!!

Besides, any good club or disco where i can hunt for cute chicks? I will be in Jakarta from 7 Feb ~ 9 Feb. Will you be in Jakarta too? Tai kor Daijek highly recommend you to me saying you are the master in Jakarta..!! :)

cheers...

Kiasi,

You should check out Indotel and Kaha on arrival. I'm sure you can get rooms at Le Meridien for less than that. Crowne Plaza is available for USD84 on the Indotel website. The Aston near Sudirman (Jl Garnisun) is available for less than USD 100. If you want to go for a lower budget hotel, you can stay in Manhattan for about 530-550k rupiah (not that far from Meridien and you save more money to go hunting). If you want to be up North, you can look at anything from the Sheraton Media, Oasis Amir, Aston Atrium all give you lower budget choices. Ultimately, you have to decide where you want to go at what time (especially with the macet) to decide on your accomodation. Locations like Le Meridien, Nikko allow you to be near the Expressway Bus leaving flexibility to go North and South. Check out the Indotel website and the location finder on websites like Precision reservations to get a better idea. Good luck.

MD II

Hari Hari
01-18-07, 09:11
Has anyone booked the Olympic Hotel near TC through Kaha or Indotel? Or if not, what the standard price is.Hotel Olympic in Lokasari price around Rp220,000 - Rp260,000.

The SPA just next to hotel with a lot of PRC. Price for 90min cost RP1.2m

Karaokay located at 4th floor. local and PRC available at Rp500,000 to Rp1.2M

Disco at 5th floor. When girls see you alone, they will come to you.

Bargain for RP300,000 short time.

Cheer.

Hari Hari

Master Diver II
01-18-07, 09:55
MD,

Frankly, i am new to Jakarta. I have been to jakarta there twice i think 1 years back..and only manage to go to Blok M. Besides, is Le meridian far from Blok M?

After checking around the webpages, i think i have decide to stay in Le meridian..!!

Besides, any good club or disco where i can hunt for cute chicks? I will be in Jakarta from 7 Feb ~ 9 Feb. Will you be in Jakarta too? Tai kor Daijek highly recommend you to me saying you are the master in Jakarta..!! :)

cheers...

Kiasi,

Le Meridien has a bar downstairs called 30. Please refer to Smoothy's post below. BATS is at Shangri-La (5 minutes from Le Meridien - at night when you should be going anyway - and 10 minutes from CJs at Mulia). Take note that the traffic jam starts from early afternoon until and even beyond 9pm - depending on your luck and the direction of travel. You have the option of taking the expressway bus from in front of Le Meridien so it will allow you to travel North and South even during the infamous "macet". Besides these bars, you can go to the Blok M bars and there's always the Kota red light district. Refer to some of the posts recently in the Jakarta forum.

Possibilities are everywhere including shopping centres, restaurants, cinemas. Many members here can help you but do read the forum as there is a lot of information here written by members far more experienced than me here. My rule is to walk everywhere with a smile and see who smiles back. Don't be shy to say hello - the worst you're likely to face is a reasonably polite refusal.

MD II

Chacha
01-22-07, 13:22
Have read good things about both.
Shang has BATS. Hyatt apparently next to PI for mall hunting.
Hyatt - better Spa.
Thoughts from more experienced members?

Peter Patros
01-22-07, 15:29
I stayed at the Gran Melia when I was on work in Jkarta last month. Work left me with very little spare time to investigate. I am likely to stay there again on my next visit. Whtas the action like in the hotel? Anyone know?

Sapperken
01-22-07, 17:58
Just a short report regarding my stay in the Shangri La Hotel Jakarta.

My accommodation had been booked for me by the company that I was visiting. It falls within my company' s acceptable cost per night and is paid directly so, fortunately, I don't have to worry too much about getting best rate.

Arriving at the hotel after a trip through rush hour traffic brings blessed relief as you step into the airconditioned lobby. I was direct to the 23rd floor (I think) as I appeared to have been upgraded to Horizon(?) status.

This gave the benefit of a quiet lounge in which to check-in with drinks brought to you and, I discovered subsequently, free beverages on demand.

On being taken to the room, I was not surprised at the size of the accommodation but was impressed with the decor etc. A nice room with all that you could hope for as ameneties. I'd been allocated a twin but as this was twin doubles, that was not a problem.

For the two mornings I was there I opted to use the Horizon lounge for breakfast rather than the main restaurant and the buffet style of meal was well presented. Staff were attentive and the relatively quiet surroundings were a great start to the day. The views over Jakarta were quite spectacular.

I only ate on one evening at this hotel. Of the many options, my hosts chose the Japanese restaurant serving Tepanyaki style. a first for me and as fun as I'd always imagined. There was quite a sizeable group of us though and I think this contributed to the overall experience.

On both evenings, I did venture into the B.A.T.S. but those reports are in another thread. Suffice to say I had absolutely no problem being escorted to my room by my new female friends.

My overall impression? If you ae lucky enough to have somebody else pay for your stay you won't go far wrong with the Shangri La. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Master Diver II
01-23-07, 01:53
Have read good things about both.
Shang has BATS. Hyatt apparently next to PI for mall hunting.
Hyatt - better Spa.
Thoughts from more experienced members?

You're way better off going to BATS/CJs/Tiga Puluh than any hotel spa. Hotel spas are notoriously overpriced - if you can get service. As Bulai69 has mentioned before, the thrill is in whether you can persuade the girls to give you "extras". Take note that these "extras" will cost you as much as LT from the hotel bars.

Master Diver II
01-23-07, 02:00
I stayed at the Gran Melia when I was on work in Jkarta last month. Work left me with very little spare time to investigate. I am likely to stay there again on my next visit. Whtas the action like in the hotel? Anyone know?

No action at the Gran Melia that I know of. However, since it's in Jakarta, you never know what might just drop in your lap. You wont have any clear locations without getting into a cab unless someone else here has a bright idea. I think Aphrodite is nearby but the one time I went, it had a terrible ratio of ladies to men. Has anyone tried hunting in the Setiabudi(?) building on Kuningan?

MD II

Traveler1234
01-23-07, 02:27
Just a short report regarding my stay in the Shangri La Hotel Jakarta.

My overall impression? If you ae lucky enough to have somebody else pay for your stay you won't go far wrong with the Shangri La. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

As they say when you return to the Shang: welcome back. Good report...this location is one of my favorite Shangrila locations. Next time, try to buffet breakfast in the lower level; they also have a great pool (long enough for serious laps).

Tiny 12
01-23-07, 22:26
I'm headed to Jakarta soon. Last time I stayed at Mulia Senayan, and was a little disappointed because (a) internet in room was very slow and (b) CJ's wasn't a happy hunting ground for me, mainly because I don't speak Bahasa Indonesia. Being there on business and not having a lot of spare time, having a ready source of cewek and not having to hunt around for an internet cafe are desirable. Any suggestions? Shangri La or Meridien would be ideal, because of BATS & Tiga Puluh if the in room internet is decent. Also Hilton & Crowne Plaza are close to where I'll be working. I've never stayed at any of these.

And one other question, I've been to BATS once, and as best as I can recall, it looked like you could exit the bar in the basement and go to the elevator without passing through the lobby. True? An associate is going to be there part time, and I'm not sure how he is about the hobby, so would just as soon not run into him with my date. Thanks guys!

Traveler1234
01-24-07, 01:13
And one other question, I've been to BATS once, and as best as I can recall, it looked like you could exit the bar in the basement and go to the elevator without passing through the lobby. True? An associate is going to be there part time, and I'm not sure how he is about the hobby, so would just as soon not run into him with my date. Thanks guys!

Shangrila has everything you need, except for maybe backdoor to lobby elevator. Just tell your cewek room number and she'll find her way up as security is usually not a problem. Worse comes to worse, get another key for her to show security (but make sure you lock everything in your safety deposit box).

I assume you've RTFF for prices at BATS....enjoy.

Tiny 12
01-24-07, 18:19
Traveler, I assume that means the internet in the room isn't too bad? In Mulia it was a lot slower than dial up -- hard to get any work done. Thanks.

Traveler1234
01-24-07, 18:53
Traveler, I assume that means the internet in the room isn't too bad? In Mulia it was a lot slower than dial up -- hard to get any work done. Thanks.

internet in room is excellent but you need to pay ridiculous rate.

in the lobby bar, the wifi is free. even though i'm on company dime, i usually go down in AM to work in lobby, have coffee and then again in evening (or early morning, after fun & games)

ps - don't forget to join golden circle club, free and eventually get upgrades, free breakfast, etc. etc. etc.

Bulai69
01-24-07, 21:21
Internet access in the Meridien business centre is good: very fast. However it's expensive, 30,000 ++ for 30 mins I think, but if somebody else is paying it may not matter.

The issue you mentioned at ShangriLa re BATS, girls and your boring (?) colleague is easily avoided if you are staying at Meridien and get a girl in 30 Bar. You can go up to your room from the lift (elevator if you are from USA!) next to the 30bar entrance/exit. Note that you can only get accross to the "old" tower from the "new" one at one level, I think it's level 5.

Tiny 12
01-24-07, 21:27
Bulai/Traveler - Thanks!

Mango Jango
01-25-07, 04:18
last time i was in jakarta in late 2004, i stayed at a serviced apartment not far from le meridien. it was girl friendly and i got decent value for money. quality was about 4 star but it was hassle free and spacious - so if my buddy and i wanted to bang our guests in the hallway draped on a sofa or across the coffee table, we could. i can't seem to find the details of that place but even as i search for it on the net, i'd welcoem suggestions from other mongers.

also, the cosmetics counter type girls who freelance were a dime a dozen back then and i think i shared some pics and a report or two back then. has that scene changed? are they all cage ayam or can you still chase the free range ayam?

Master Diver II
01-26-07, 02:55
Didn't they used to have broadband access complimentary with the deluxe room. When I last stayed there, the access was pretty good - but only dial up available from the superior rooms.

Internet access in the Meridien business centre is good: very fast. However it's expensive, 30,000 ++ for 30 mins I think, but if somebody else is paying it may not matter.

The issue you mentioned at ShangriLa re BATS, girls and your boring (?) colleague is easily avoided if you are staying at Meridien and get a girl in 30 Bar. You can go up to your room from the lift (elevator if you are from USA!) next to the 30bar entrance/exit. Note that you can only get accross to the "old" tower from the "new" one at one level, I think it's level 5.

Master Diver II
01-26-07, 03:01
last time i was in jakarta in late 2004, i stayed at a serviced apartment not far from le meridien. it was girl friendly and i got decent value for money. quality was about 4 star but it was hassle free and spacious - so if my buddy and i wanted to bang our guests in the hallway draped on a sofa or across the coffee table, we could. i can't seem to find the details of that place but even as i search for it on the net, i'd welcoem suggestions from other mongers.

was that somerset grand citra on jl prof dr. satrio next to bank danamon?

Mighty Spearsman
01-26-07, 05:00
Was that Somerset Grand Citra on Jl Prof Dr. Satrio next to Bank Danamon?
Just checked with a buddy of mine and he highly recommends the Somerset Grand Citra as a nice, girl-friendly serviced apartment. Absolutely no problem bringing 1 or 2 young ladies to your room (my buddy has brought 2 girls at the same time to his room at the Somerset on several occasions).

There shouldn't be any problem to book a 1, 2 or 3 bedroom apartment there, they are usually 75% full but never 100% full (I don't think any hotel in Jakarta is 100% full these days!). Now has free wireless Internet access available in the lobby and some rooms.

Ekspat
01-26-07, 07:47
Somerset Grand Citra as a nice, girl-friendly serviced apartment. Absolutely no problem bringing 1 or 2 young ladies to your room (my buddy has brought 2 girls at the same time to his room at the Somerset on several occasions)
I think every hotel in JKT is girlfriendly, maybe except Grand Hyatt. But even GH I'm not sure since I haven't stayed there yet. I suppose if the girl is dressed properly, it shouldn't be a problem.
I usually stay Borobudur and can highly recommend. I really love relaxing at the swimming pool there, olympic size.

XXL
01-28-07, 13:50
I had a look at the Mercure website and the smallprint says 61 rooms will be renovated by the end of May.

I wonder how much of a nuisance that causes in terms of noise. Any up-to-date information about this would be invaluable to me in view of my upcoming stay in JKT in april.

I also welcome any tip on a good hotel whose beds are equipped with resilient mattresses similar to Mercure Rekso's. I need a bed on which I can make the mattress work for me while pounding a girl.

A counterexample would be Shangri-La's mattresses: they react like sand or straw when pushed, terrible! The type of mattress I'm looking for doesn't cushion the blow (in materials science = plastic behaviour) but rather sends it back (elastic behaviour).

I spent two nights at Millenium Sirih years ago and I remember the rooms were strangely similar to Mercure's. I don't clearly remember how the mattress felt though.

Selingku
01-28-07, 23:30
I love the girls in blok M but I would prefer not to bring them to my appartement. I am just looking for some discreet fun for a few hours. The first thing that comes into my mind is Hotel Malawei blok M.

Does anyone know if they also rent rooms for a few hours ?? or is it just the normal day rate ?? (what would that be ??).

I know that Hotel Oasis Amir offers "transit rooms" for about 200K (3hours) if I remember correct. Not sure how far that is from blok M.

Hope some of the (s)experts can help out.

Selingku.

"it's on when it's on" as they say in Bali. How true that is in Blok M ;-)

Mighty Spearsman
01-29-07, 06:20
I love the girls in blok M but I would prefer not to bring them to my appartment. I am just looking for some discreet fun for a few hours. The first thing that comes into my mind is Hotel Melawai blok M.

Does anyone know if they also rent rooms for a few hours ?? or is it just the normal day rate ?? (what would that be ??).

I know that Hotel Oasis Amir offers "transit rooms" for about 200K (3hours) if I remember correct. Not sure how far that is from blok M.

Selingku.

Several months ago I wrote a post mentioning that a new inexpensive hotel had opened next to the Jakarta City Center mall (walking distance from Plaza Indonesia).

Hotel Caravan
Jalan K.H. Mas Mansyur No. 50
Jakarta Pusat
Telephone: 021-392-8283 or 021-314-3184
Fax: 021-230-5021

Current rate is 175,000 rupiah per night, breakfast included
All taxes are already included in that price - 175,000 rupiah is what you pay!
Not sure if they have "short-time" rates but 175,000 rupiah is a good rate anyway
Each room has its own attached bathroom
Not sure if they take credit cards or not - I usually pay cash whenever I am mongering

Unless the traffic is unbearable, a taxi ride from Blok M to this hotel should be 15 - 20 minutes tops.

I finally used this hotel last month, when a young lady from Yogyakarta (whom I had met during a previous visit there) came to town. Since I do not bring any young ladies to my apartment, I brought my friend to this hotel early one afternoon, had her sign for the room under her name while I paid the 175,000 rupiah, then the two of us spent several hours together before I had to go home for dinner. I let her keep the room that night; what she did after I left was her business and I don't need to know.

The hotel is still new, less than 9 months old, thus the rooms, bathrooms, beds, sheets etc. are still clean and the furniture isn't beat up yet. The facilities are pretty basic and you only get one small towel and one small bar of soap, but IMHO the hotel is good value for the price you pay.

Jaimito Cartero
01-29-07, 07:42
They also have nightly rates of about 300k all in, if booked through KAHA. I'm staying there later this week for some mall hunting. :)

I love the girls in blok M but I would prefer not to bring them to my appartement. I am just looking for some discreet fun for a few hours. The first thing that comes into my mind is Hotel Malawei blok M.

Selingku.

Menteng
01-29-07, 08:22
I love the girls in blok M but I would prefer not to bring them to my appartement.

Almost the same question was asked not so long ago, but OK, here is an answer instead of the RTFF wish.

Hotel Maharaja is not very far from blok M. The rates for "transit" start at 175K for 6 hours.

Look at the postings answering that "old" question and you will get an address right in the heart of blok M, charging 150K.

Master Diver II
01-29-07, 10:09

Oasis Amir is very far from Blok M and wouldn't be convenient in any heavy traffic situation. It's often used by the guys who "hunt" girls in Atrium Mall. There is another cheap but decent enough hotel in Blok M area - someone did an FR a while back so you'll have to search.

MD II

Joel Goodsen
01-29-07, 13:00
Hotel Maharaja is not very far from blok M. The rates for "transit" start at 175K for 6 hours.
hey Menteng, thanks, didn't know they had a transit rate in Maharaja .. little hints that make reading this forum very interesting.

Junior business rooms go at a rate of 425K, maybe plus now, per nite including breakfast.. I stayed there once for a few days in 2005 because someone I was with liked staying there..

Something else that's nice about hotel Maharaja - it has friendly staff - "Anda sendiri?" (Are you alone?)... which is a very nice question to ask indeed, because some of the girls servicing the hotel looked absolutely great - seriously solid 8's.. So, apart from transit rooms, I wonder if they actually would be able to service you the complete package - room plus girl.

Joel Goodsen
01-29-07, 13:19
resilient mattresses similar to Mercure Rekso's. I need a bed on which I can make the mattress work for me while pounding a girl.
XXL - never stayed at the Rekso, so can't compare as to get an idea on what's best in mattresses resilience... If it's of any help/use - for me the best beds were - no Kota, sorry- :

(1) Aston Rasuna Residence - apartments, unfortunately in Kuningan not my favourite area;
(2) Atlet Century Park - maybe older and slightly old fashioned rooms, but beds work nicely with you;
(3) Aston Atrium Senen;
(4) Allson residence apartments.

All had beds that were slightly firm/elastic -my pref- something you stay on top of -not too plush so you sink away and that absorb any movement on impact.. Some other hotels I remember beds very well but all too soft/luxurious for me: Grand Kemang, Grand Flora, Gran Mahakan .. Worst bed for me I remember, the Mulia - the girls sank halfway into the mattress - waay too soft & luxurious for any fun bedroom activities, hopeless!.. Hopefully someone can add some Kota alternatives to the list..

MarkIII
01-29-07, 18:39
hey Menteng, thanks, didn't know they had a transit rate in Maharaja .. .

Didn't know that too. I was there once but didn't like it, outdated/shabby and most important it didn't look girl-friendly (but that was 2 years ago). It Looked like a traditional muslim family hotel. But than again maybe I should try it again.

I guess a reservation for a transit room is necessary ?? planning planning

cheers,

Mark

Menteng
01-30-07, 05:46
I guess a reservation for a transit room is necessary ??

Mark

I doubt it if they will accept a reservation by phone. Last time I tried, they said: just come {no pun intended ;)}.

BTW, if you're checking-in, your girl can stay out of sight by waiting near the elevators.

Patbutter
02-05-07, 16:02
Im in Bali and have been reading that flood victims are taking up all hotel space in JKT. Was planning on returning to JKT 10 or 12 Feb (Sat or Mon). Can anyone advise on hotel situation? Will it be worthwhile coming back or just a big hassle due to floods?

Thanks, PB

Jaimito Cartero
02-05-07, 16:10
I had no problems getting a room yesterday. I'd guess that low end places might be more difficult, but most of the normal places you'd book should be fine. I think you can book with Kaha in Bali to make sure. They have a Bali location, but I can't read the phone number on the card I have. Their main number is: (021) 460-3535

Bigpimpin
02-05-07, 22:29
Hi,

I'm attending the Furnicraft show at the Jakarta International Conventinal center. I will be staying at the Hotel Borobudur. Can anybody tell me any info on this hotel. Is it thumbs up or down. How is the women around there.

Is it easy to meet them?

Mighty Spearsman
02-06-07, 03:18
Hi,

I'm attending the Furnicraft show at the Jakarta International Conventinal center. I will be staying at the Hotel Borobudur. Can anybody tell me any info on this hotel. Is it thumbs up or down. How is the women around there.

Is it easy to meet them?
The Hotel Borobodur is one of the nicer hotels in Jakarta, and I'm sure that you will enjoy staying there.

The hotel itself is not a major pick-up place for girls, although you might find a gem or two in the lobby or bar. But you are within a 10-15 minute cab ride of many good places: the MPs of Kota, the Atrium mall, Plaza Indonesia, BATS at Shangri-La, etc. And the bars at Blok M are not that far away also, especially after the rush hour traffic has ended.

Regarding your question "women...is it easy to meet them," I assume that you are joking, as anyone who reads the Jakarta forum for even one minute can discern that it is very easy to meet women EVERYWHERE in Jakarta.
Since you are a newbie, I look forward to reading one or two posts from you of your experiences soon.

LuvumBare
02-06-07, 03:37
I stayed there a couple of years ago just after one of the big bombings. Security was very tight but I suspect it ismore lax now.
The hotel has its own nightclub but everyone was quite high end.
Becaise I was with a convention staying in the hotel, I made arrangements for my entertainment to be delivered to my room. I made these arrangements through someone with a classified ad on this site. I did not know about JAD and I do not know if he will arrange home delivery. If I ever get back to JKT, I will try to spend an evening with JAD because he seems to be the best. Another helping hand was John Aldritch.
Beautiful property but I agree with the Spearsman - seek elsewhere and bring it home with you.
'bare

Menteng
02-06-07, 12:20
I've heard some alarming stories about this hotel. One monger said that when he checked out, he was charged for the bloodstains he caused on a bed-sheet. Another monger told me that he was charged for causing a hole in a sheet.

Anymore alarming stories? If so, maybe mongers should avoid this hotel.

Jaimito Cartero
02-06-07, 16:33
Well, I'm one who mentioned to Menteng about Sparks trying to charge me 220,000 rupiah for sheets they said I put a hole in. I refused to pay it, and the clerk came back, and offered me 50% off. I still put up a fight, but got nowhere. I was trying to get to my other hotel, so just paid the 110k, but it left a bad flavor in a mostly good experience otherwise.

The other problem I had was that the safety box didn't open, and they never came to fix it. Otherwise the 275k a night Kaha rate, with breakfast, and the room itself was fine.

Abbnat
02-11-07, 13:42
Any advice?

Heading back to spend almost a month with my LDG and looking for a hotel/apartment close to Casablanca (Near or past Park Lane/Casablanca Puri) area. Park Lane is out of the question, due to previous activities and generally being recognisable there. Casablanca Puri(23 juta I understand)

I noticed Hotel Harris is located close to where I want to be (simplicity for her to arrive early morning and leave late at night - parents huh?). I noticed on their site an average price of just over 400k.

So I guess my questions are:

Whats Harris like?

Is 400K good value?

Any other decent places to stay in that area at a good price (maybe upto 500k per day).

I have looked at places like Acacia which isn't that far away and Nikko which is well priced in a convenient area for secondary activities.

Thanks in advance

Joel Goodsen
02-12-07, 09:56
Any other decent places to stay in that area at a good price (maybe upto 500k per day).

I have looked at places like Acacia which isn't that far away and Nikko which is well priced in a convenient area for secondary activities.

Thanks in advance
Acacia and Nikko seem to be quite far from where you want to be.. in the price range you're looking - Aston Rasuna Said apartments are closer to Casablanca /Tebet. Gran Melia slightly more expensive.. Btw. what do you mean with LDG? could not find it listed in the abbreviations - lovely dirty girlfriend, long date girl...? cheers.

Peter Patros
02-12-07, 14:07
Acacia and Nikko seem to be quite far from where you want to be.. in the price range you're looking - Aston Rasuna Said apartments are closer to Casablanca /Tebet. Gran Melia slightly more expensive.. Btw. what do you mean with LDG? could not find it listed in the abbreviations - lovely dirty girlfriend, long date girl...? cheers.Gran Melia is not not "slightly more expensive" compared to 500,000; a room there costs well over 1,250,000.

Nero X
02-12-07, 20:10
I've heard some alarming stories about this hotel. One monger said that when he checked out, he was charged for the bloodstains he caused on a bed-sheet. Another monger told me that he was charged for causing a hole in a sheet.

Anymore alarming stories? If so, maybe mongers should avoid this hotel.Only complaint while staying here was that my room key card would deactivate every morning at noon so I would have to take it to the lobby each day.

My buddy did not have that problem though :(

Abbnat
02-13-07, 00:44
Btw. what do you mean with LDG? could not find it listed in the abbreviations - lovely dirty girlfriend, long date girl...? cheers.Thanks for the info Joel.

Long Distance GF, although the two you mentioned are probably appropriate too. Ya, I've hung up my mall walking shoes for the moment. Who knows how long 4.

Are you talking about Aston near Semanggi? Or the one near Atrium mall? I guess something around Kuningan ITC area would do

Joel Goodsen
02-14-07, 12:09
Are you talking about Aston near Semanggi? Or the one near Atrium mall? I guess something around Kuningan ITC area would do
Abbnat, LDG - of course... :D. should have known, I have one too.

I think there are three Aston's in JKT. There is the one you refer to near Semanggi, Aston Sudirman, a five star hotel, then there is one next to Atrium, Aston Atrium Senen and then there is also the Aston Rasuna Residence Apartments, which is the one I meant.

They're off Rasuna Said, at Taman Rasuna, just behind/around the corner from Puri Casablanca /Park Lane, as to what you mentioned. Slightly more modern area of JKT, as you probably know, high rise apartments, but ok, mall Pasar Festival is close by and there are nice restaurants at the Setiabudi building complex. I paid 600k per nite, which might be a little too much.. Bro Pete Patros is right, Gran Melia is much more expensive...cheers.

Smoothy
02-14-07, 14:51
I paid 600k per nite, which might be a little too much..

I didn't even know they rented those places by the night. That explains why I see so many new faces. The rent per month is about 6-8 million, so they are making a killing at 600k per night. That ends up being 18 million a month if they are fully booked.

Abbnat
02-14-07, 23:15
Abbnat, LDG - of course... :D. should have known, I have one too. They're off Rasuna Said, at Taman Rasuna, just behind/around the corner from Puri Casablanca /Park Lane, as to what you mentioned.Hi Joel, Smoothy,

Thanks for the info

Thats sounds good since i'll be staying 24 nights. 8-9 juta is ok, but 600k would come out at 15? I've looked for the website, but typically I got a maintenence meesage: http://www.astonrasuna.com/

Are there any travel agents that offer discounted vouchers for this place? Do they rent for just one month? Does anyone have a website address for Kaha?

Joel Goodsen
02-16-07, 08:28
Do they rent for just one month?
Dunno, Abbnat...

give 'm a call and maybe ask them. I've dug up an old invoice/bill, it says: Tower A - Lower Ground, Kompleks Apartement Taman Rasuna, Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said - Jakarta 12960. Telp. 62-21 939 1000, Fax. 62-21 939 2616... cheers.

Concarne
03-06-07, 17:41
Hey fellows,

Gearing up for the cherry trip to AC and Indonesia.

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for places to stay around the Kota area, close to Lokasari?

I have looked into Sands and probably will stay there a few days but I also wanted to try some less expensive alternatives...if anyone know of any good deals in the 25-35 range. I just found out about hotel Olympic in that range, any others?

Also, which place do you look into for apts? Thru KAHA?

TIA

Normad2020
03-07-07, 03:50
Senior Brother MDII, I will be attending a conference in Jakarta in late March 2007. I need to get accommodation and my secretary has given me 2 options, that is, "InterContinental MidPlaza Jakarta" and "Gran Melia Jakarta". My question is which hotel is nearer to JW Marriott (conference venue) and which hotel will offer me better chances of getting cewek (without venturing too far from the hotel concern). Also is Kartika closeby either hotels or JW Marriott? Sorry for the many questions. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Kiasi,

Le Meridien has a bar downstairs called 30. Please refer to Smoothy's post below. BATS is at Shangri-La (5 minutes from Le Meridien - at night when you should be going anyway - and 10 minutes from CJs at Mulia). Take note that the traffic jam starts from early afternoon until and even beyond 9pm - depending on your luck and the direction of travel. You have the option of taking the expressway bus from in front of Le Meridien so it will allow you to travel North and South even during the infamous "macet". Besides these bars, you can go to the Blok M bars and there's always the Kota red light district. Refer to some of the posts recently in the Jakarta forum.

Possibilities are everywhere including shopping centres, restaurants, cinemas. Many members here can help you but do read the forum as there is a lot of information here written by members far more experienced than me here. My rule is to walk everywhere with a smile and see who smiles back. Don't be shy to say hello - the worst you're likely to face is a reasonably polite refusal.

MD II

Master Diver II
03-08-07, 04:49
Senior Brother MDII, I will be attending a conference in Jakarta in late March 2007. I need to get accommodation and my secretary has given me 2 options, that is, "InterContinental MidPlaza Jakarta" and "Gran Melia Jakarta". My question is which hotel is nearer to JW Marriott (conference venue) and which hotel will offer me better chances of getting cewek (without venturing too far from the hotel concern). Also is Kartika closeby either hotels or JW Marriott? Sorry for the many questions. Thanks in advance. Cheers.Bro,

There are many here who could answer you better but here's what I think:
Both hotels are about the same distance from Marriot but I have a feeling the traffic from Gran Melia will be a lot easier than the Intercontinental. If you asked me to choose, I'd stay at the Intercon - personal preference (they even had a choice of pillows for you to sleep on - check the pillow menu in the room). It's also Panya's favourite hotel for the relative quietness near so much chaos. Intercon is nearer Kartika (if I have my bearings right) but in rush hour traffic, that's almost meaningless. I dont know if they've constructed a busway down Kuningan but the Intercon gives you the option of the Express Busway just a short walk away (access to Blok M in the South and up near Hayam Wuruk in the North - even during the famous macet/traffic jam). Intercon is also much nearer to Le Meridien and Shangri-La hotels. Neither hotel has anything to go for in-house unless the massage facilities yield some as yet uncovered gems. Either way you should have fun - enjoy!

MD II

Road Lover
03-08-07, 17:55
Dear Friends

I didnt find any report on Marriott at Jakarta. I will be greateful if smebody can update on the resent status. After the bombing has the security there gone up. Is it still GF? Is there any pick up possibilities within the premises or within striking (or rather hugging!) distance?

Lastly does anybody recommend any call service for girls in Jakarta?

Cooze Hound
03-08-07, 21:17
Dear Friends

I didnt find any report on Marriott at Jakarta. I will be greateful if smebody can update on the resent status. After the bombing has the security there gone up. Is it still GF? Is there any pick up possibilities within the premises or within striking (or rather hugging!) distance?

Lastly does anybody recommend any call service for girls in Jakarta?The Marriot is well located in many ways. Security is very tight so do not worry about that. From memory they no longer have the bar on the 1st level which sometimes had a few girls lurking. You are a very short walk from the Ritz Carlton which has an upmarket bar were girls can be found. Also very close ( walkable) is the bar Cazbar where you can have a good meal, Wi-Fi etc, I think they have a ladies nite also.

APhrodite Bar has its moments..5 minutes in a taxi, as is the Galaxy MP. Just another short stroll is the Mall Ambassador and ITC Kuningan, it is possible to chance your arm there as you wander about the kiosks.

10 minutes in a cab, after peak hour, to either Blok M or the Kota area.

As for phone service RTFF

Raven1
03-09-07, 03:11
Gday bros,

Would be visiting jkt this weekend. My client normally puts me near Danau Sunter. Only place close I went last time was a Cleoptra! Had stayed in Khartika tough. Can someone recommend hotels near to action like blok m. Seen the reports thks MDII. Hotel mulia, meredian, shangri la. Can't figure out much. Looking near usd 65-85 range hotels.

May travel to palembang though not sure with last week GA flight? Any action in there and hotels girls friendly. Menteng yr wisdom sorted. Many thanks. Wl post report on return.

Normad2020
03-09-07, 06:45
Senior Brother MDII, thanks for the advise. I will get my secretary to book me into InterContinental. Hopefully I will be able to score some great actions when there. Thanks and Cheers.

Normad2020

Bro,

There are many here who could answer you better but here's what I think:
Both hotels are about the same distance from Marriot but I have a feeling the traffic from Gran Melia will be a lot easier than the Intercontinental. If you asked me to choose, I'd stay at the Intercon - personal preference (they even had a choice of pillows for you to sleep on - check the pillow menu in the room). It's also Panya's favourite hotel for the relative quietness near so much chaos. Intercon is nearer Kartika (if I have my bearings right) but in rush hour traffic, that's almost meaningless. I dont know if they've constructed a busway down Kuningan but the Intercon gives you the option of the Express Busway just a short walk away (access to Blok M in the South and up near Hayam Wuruk in the North - even during the famous macet/traffic jam). Intercon is also much nearer to Le Meridien and Shangri-La hotels. Neither hotel has anything to go for in-house unless the massage facilities yield some as yet uncovered gems. Either way you should have fun - enjoy!

MD II

Road Lover
03-09-07, 14:22
The Marriot is well located in many ways. Security is very tight so do not worry about that. From memory they no longer have the bar on the 1st level which sometimes had a few girls lurking. You are a very short walk from the Ritz Carlton which has an upmarket bar were girls can be found. Also very close ( walkable) is the bar Cazbar where you can have a good meal, Wi-Fi etc, I think they have a ladies nite also.

APhrodite Bar has its moments..5 minutes in a taxi, as is the Galaxy MP. Just another short stroll is the Mall Ambassador and ITC Kuningan, it is possible to chance your arm there as you wander about the kiosks.

10 minutes in a cab, after peak hour, to either Blok M or the Kota area.

As for phone service RTFFThanks Sir.

You are most helpful. you almost make it sound like I am gonna float, float float away into a dreamland! I will surely report back. I did rtff and didnt get too much on phone service. I will look again. Thanks once again.

Sam Dino
03-10-07, 14:58
Hi everyone,

I really thanx all of you. If you tell me about nice hotel in JKT range btwn 65/85 $ with near some action like mssg, girls, I'll arrive to JKT next month on April. So pls need your advice and assistance any one pls.

Thanks

Oivindo
03-10-07, 22:00
Hi guys,

Does anyone know about the nightlife activites in Grand Hyatt and the surrounding area?

Cooze Hound
03-11-07, 00:03
Hi everyone,

I really thanx all of you. If you tell me about nice hotel in JKT range btwn 65/85 $ with near some action like mssg, girls, I'll arrive to JKT next month on April. So pls need your advice and assistance any one pls.

ThanksGo to www.wotif.com and follow links to Jakarta. I have used this site many times to book hotels in Asia, it is very safe and reliable and the price quoted is the price you pay.

You could try the following hotels:

The Atlet Century Park
Grand Flora
Grand Kemang

These have close access to Blok M.

Traveler1234
03-11-07, 08:18
Hi guys,

Does anyone know about the nightlife activites in Grand Hyatt and the surrounding area?Welcome to ISG. A polite RTFF (read the friendly forum), especially report of distinction section. Everything you need to know re GH area is already been posted many times.

Master Diver II
03-12-07, 02:26
Hi everyone,

ThanksI believe Ambhara Hotel (about USD65?)is in your range. It's in the Blok M area so it should fall into your category. Gran Mahakam is also nearby but that may just be out of your budget. I know some people are ok with Alila (right next to Kota) but frankly, it's not my cup of tea. Just surf the Indotel website - www.goindotel.com - and confirm prices by calling or faxing. Kaha prices will be (very) slightly cheaper if you feel comfortable waiting until you arrive to book your accomodation. You might want to check out Park Lane Hotel (some in-house possibilities) Manhattan Hotel (good price but nothing in-house) Nikko hotel (opposite Plaza Indonesia) Le Meridien (might just squeeze in upper end of your budget) Harris (good price but perhaps out of the way). Grand Flora and Grand Kemang are in the Kemang area (also useful for when the wife/girlfriend is around but need to take a taxi to the action most of us are seeking).

MD II

Twisted Monkey
03-14-07, 17:52
Any comments on or around the Borobadur?

I just got placed there for next week biztrip.

TM

Bulai69
03-14-07, 21:18
A good place in that area is Atrium Mall - a "search" will reveal all

Bulai69
03-14-07, 21:30
Just to add to the good advce from MDII - you can certainly get into Le Meridien within your budget if you book through asiarooms - 66 USD last time I booked and that was for two people with breakfast. Park Lane is a couple of dollars cheaper and just as good (better breakfast) though I prefer Meridien as I've been going there since it openned and it's near to places I like (eg Plaza Indonesia). Alila is "an aquired taste", I only stayed there once and the main problem I had was I could never get a taxi quickly enough and the location was not ideal (for me). You can always get a girl in le Meridien in the evening (and often during the daytime) though the standard is err....varied.

Twisted Monkey
03-18-07, 04:09
Thanks for the advice anybody has a dependable driver at a good rate I can get a daily charge with good car good english and honest I have a bunch of sales calls to make and would make my life easy.

Thanks

TM

DJ Monger
03-23-07, 06:34
I noticed Hotel Harris is located close to where I want to be (simplicity for her to arrive early morning and leave late at night - parents huh?). I noticed on their site an average price of just over 400k.

this looks good from the website - 380 nett means it includes the +21% in the price right?

iso s this hotel al all close to blok m? this is the map, but i dont see blok m mentioned on it so i can't tell...

http://www.harris-tebet-jakarta.com/resort-jakarta-map.shtml

Jaimito Cartero
03-23-07, 07:25
Just to add to the good advce from MDII - you can certainly get into Le Meridien within your budget if you book through asiarooms - 66 USD last time I booked and that was for two people with breakfast.

I paid $77 last month using Asiarooms, but I'm sure that the pricing varies for the dates and how far in advance you book it.

Master Diver II
03-23-07, 08:14
this looks good from the website - 380 nett means it includes the +21% in the price right?

iso s this hotel al all close to blok m? this is the map, but i dont see blok m mentioned on it so i can't tell...

http://www.harris-tebet-jakarta.com/resort-jakarta-map.shtml

-karsten

Isn't Harris in Casablanca? You go past Kuningan so it will be some distance in the macet - especially when I don't think there's an alternative fast way (except the ojek).

Cooze Hound
03-23-07, 23:26
Isn't Harris in Casablanca? You go past Kuningan so it will be some distance in the macet - especially when I don't think there's an alternative fast way (except the ojek).Yes, in Casablanca nearly at Kampung Melayu. Certainly take a while to the Blok except when the traffic has dropped away.

Close ish to the Blok M is the Maharadja Hotel. It often advertises prices in the 250K IDR range, its a comfortable 3 Star. Contact details on Google.

Assuming Ambara is to expensive for folk.

Menteng
03-24-07, 06:43
Isn't Harris in Casablanca? You go past Kuningan so it will be some distance in the macet - especially when I don't think there's an alternative fast way (except the ojek).

You're right about no faster alternative MDII. But since the real action in Blok M starts at about 9.00 pm, there will be hardly any macet (jam) at that time.

To get to Blok M, follow Gatot Subroto to the west. Just before Gatot Subroto is mentioned on the left side of the map, there's another mainroad going a little southwest without being named. That's the Mampang junction, leading to Jl Tendean, that changes into Jl Monginsidi, that changes into Jl Trunojoyo. Off Jl Trunojoyo, on your left hand side, next to the soccer-field, is Jl. Faletehan. About 100 m further, turn left again and after 50 m, turn right to arrive at Jl Falatehan I, where the action will be.

Recommended: D's Place, Top Gun and My Bar.

Abbnat
03-25-07, 13:42

http://www.harris-tebet-jakarta.com/resort-jakarta-map.shtmlLooks like the 380/430 NETT expires 31 March and I got quoted over 700k in April.

I sometimes used an alternative route to "the blok" from Park Lane that avoided Surdiman and seemed alot quicker. As mentioned, If your heading there at 9pm, there shouldn't be a problem.

Has anyone used this site:
http://www.iklanmini.co.id/cgi-bin/view.cgi?action=view&Department=Apartments
Loads of Apartments for monthly rental
Casablanca
Casablanca Puri
Batavia
Sudirman Masion
Sudirman Park
Taman Rasuna
Ambasador
Aston Lippo Sudirman

The list goes on

1 - 3 bedrooms with prices from 5jt/month.

Menteng
03-27-07, 13:21
To get to Blok M, follow Gatot Subroto to the west. Just before Gatot Subroto is mentioned on the left side of the map, there's another mainroad going a little southwest without being named. That's the Mampang junction, leading to Jl Tendean, that changes into Jl Monginsidi, that changes into Jl Trunojoyo. Off Jl Trunojoyo, on your left hand side, next to the soccer-field, is Jl. Faletehan. About 100 m further, turn left again and after 50 m, turn right to arrive at Jl Falatehan I, where the action will be.

Recommended: D's Place, Top Gun and My Bar.

Please pay attention, that Harris is not at Gatot Subroto. So you'll have to get there first before following the leads I've given.

If you take the main road near the hotel in the same direction, you will approach blok M from jl. Sudirman. Keep going south untill the Trunojoyo crossing, turn left and after 200 mtrs, make a u-turn. That will bring you next to the soccer-field I mentioned before.

Road Lover
03-27-07, 18:46
Dear Friends

Is this diffeent from the Marriott Hotel? Is it GF? Is it located near the MArriott and therefore action points (eg the malls, etc). ANy help will be greatly appreciated.

Mighty Spearsman
04-01-07, 16:40
Dear Friends

Is this diffeent from the Marriott Hotel? Is it GF? Is it located near the MArriott and therefore action points (eg the malls, etc). ANy help will be greatly appreciated.
Yes the Mayflower is owned by the Marriott, but no it is not very near to the Marriott Hotel.

The Mayflower Apartments is a serviced apartment building located next to the Chase Plaza building on Jalan Sudirman, the main north-south drag. It's actually in a better location than the Marriott in terms of getting to Blok M and Plaza Indonesia, and it's in-between the Le Meridien Hotel (where the Tiga Puluh bar is located) and BATS at the Shangri-La Hotel. In fact, you could walk to either place if you ran out of taxi money. It's also not far from C.J.'s at the Mulia Hotel.

This place just opened earlier this year, I think in late January. Don't know specifically if it is GF or not, but I doubt if you would ever have a problem bringing a girl back to your room, just be discreet and low-key. If worse comes to worse, just slip the doorman 20,000 rupiah.

Road Lover
04-02-07, 06:14
Yes the Mayflower is owned by the Marriott, but no it is not very near to the Marriott Hotel.

The Mayflower Apartments is a serviced apartment building located next to the Chase Plaza building on Jalan Sudirman, the main north-south drag. It's actually in a better location than the Marriott in terms of getting to Blok M and Plaza Indonesia, and it's in-between the Le Meridien Hotel (where the Tiga Puluh bar is located) and BATS at the Shangri-La Hotel. In fact, you could walk to either place if you ran out of taxi money. It's also not far from C.J.'s at the Mulia Hotel.

This place just opened earlier this year, I think in late January. Don't know specifically if it is GF or not, but I doubt if you would ever have a problem bringing a girl back to your room, just be discreet and low-key. If worse comes to worse, just slip the doorman 20,000 rupiah.

Oh. Ok next time I will stay there and let you know what happens. But the deed I am afraid has already been done. In the absence of any guidance, I didnt take any chance and stayed at the JW Marriott. Thanks to your help and guidance, I had a great time.

I used Vina's service. The girl was 5 / 10 on face, 8 / 10 on body and a whopping 10 / 10 on service. Mitha was her name.

The Mistere bar at Ritz Carlton is closed on SUndays. Cezbar was open but dead at 9 pm on SUnday. The ITC and Ambassador malls were very family-family, and atleast I could not pick out any game there.

The Spa at Marriott had a great lady Dani. 7 / 10 on face, 8 /10 boobs, 4/10 on body ( plump and had wrinkles on her tummy), 7 / 10 massage ( did a great massage and did tempt me with a good ball and groin tickle!) and 10 / 10 attitude on service. I gave her a nice orgasm and declined her offer for FS for 1.5 million! (She says that is the going rate for all girls in MArrioot - anybody can confirm?).

Was sorely tempted as my junior was all for it, given her administrations. But I thought discipline for the price was important for all of us. SO declined and instead, since she was pretty turned on, licked and fingered her to climax, and she kept flowing our like a niagra!

Thanks Mightily oh SPearsman for making me familiar with my new surrpondings. MAy you have the best of women and their best for you!

Pussy Master78
04-05-07, 10:35
Hi guys,

Anyone stayed in Hotel Ibis Kemayoran before? Is it GF? Any feedback would be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cooze Hound
04-07-07, 06:02
Hi guys,

Anyone stayed in Hotel Ibis Kemayoran before? Is it GF? Any feedback would be truly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.Ibis Hotels are generally fine and a comfortable 3 Star. Like all Jakarta Hotels they are totally girl friendly.

In the unlikely event of staff asking for girls details etc then just let them photocopy her KTP card. Its good for your security too.

Just also keep 20,000 IDR or a couple of pack of cigarettes in case security chance their arm for a bonus.

Unlikely though, it is so easy here.

Enjoy your mongering.

Crypton
04-08-07, 00:26
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance.

I stayed at Ibis Tamarin near Sarinah. It was GF for sure.

Smoothy
04-08-07, 03:00
Does anyone on the entire board know of even one hotel in Jakarta that is not girl friendly? I don't.

Is the hotel GF? Is the hotel GF? Is the hotel GF? This same question has been asked and answered many times on this board. It's gotten so redundant, it's ridiculous. Is the hotel GF? The answer is always - "EVERY hotel in Jakarta is girl friendly". It seems people just come on here and ask a specific question about their hotel without even reading any prior posts. I think the entire forum could be deleted and refreshed each month with no loss because nobody seems to read the old posts anyway.

Abbnat
04-08-07, 10:28
Does anyone on the entire board know of even one hotel in Jakarta that is not girl friendly? I don't.Me neither, and to be quite honest, if I paid for double room, then who's gonna stop me? If I got into arguments, then it would be bad business for those concerned. I'm always been discrete and never had any problems anywhere.

Since I'm here in the hotel section and I'm due to arrive at that lovely airport at the end of the week. Anyone know if Atlet still do a crackin buffet?

Menteng
04-08-07, 10:38
Does anyone on the entire board know of even one hotel in Jakarta that is not girl friendly?

I do! The Sofyanhotels at jl Cut Mutiah and jl Supomo. I had to proof that the girl that was with me, shared my address.

Smoothy
04-08-07, 11:37
I do! The Sofyanhotels at jl Cut Mutiah and jl Supomo. I had to proof that the girl that was with me, shared my address.

I stand corrected.

Menteng, I'm guessing the female clerk at the desk must have wanted to sleep with you and was just jealous.

Menteng
04-09-07, 13:31
Menteng, I'm guessing the female clerk at the desk must have wanted to sleep with you and was just jealous.

I sensed something like that, but since the clerks looked like Krisdayanti, I ignored them ;)

Master Diver II
04-12-07, 08:46
I sensed something like that, but since the clerks looked like Krisdayanti, I ignored them ;)

Nice one Menteng except aren't the Sofyan hotels the Islamic Law (Syariah) compliant hotels? I doubt anyone else on this board would even think about staying in those places. Other than those, we can quite solidly assume all other hotels in Jakarta to be GF. ANyone else asking the question can now be publicly lynched:).

MD II

Menteng
04-12-07, 11:39
Nice one Menteng except aren't the Sofyan hotels the Islamic Law (Syariah) compliant hotels? I doubt anyone else on this board would even think about staying in those places. Other than those, we can quite solidly assume all other hotels in Jakarta to be GF. ANyone else asking the question can now be publicly lynched:).

MD II

You're right bro! I do not expect the usual visitor to Jakarta on company expenses will stay in those Sofyan hotels, but we might have Middle Eastern or even Malaysian brothers who are "condemned" to them.

Master Diver II
04-12-07, 12:14
You're right bro! I do not expect the usual visitor to Jakarta on company expenses will stay in those Sofyan hotels, but we might have Middle Eastern or even Malaysian brothers who are "condemned" to them.

Perhaps we need a banner for all bros. How about it Jackson? A banner at the top of Jakarta hotels in big capitals saying, "DO NOT STAY AT SOFYAN HOTELS IF YOU INTEND TO BRING GIRLS BACK TO YOUR ROOM!"

Brandon88
04-20-07, 19:13
I used to stay at the Intercon. Aside from being girl friendly, after midnight, the lobby literally shuts down, lights turned off, night desk clerk sleeping in the back room. Security is gone. You could walk in with a naked chick and nobody would see you.

Pussy Master78
04-28-07, 07:11
Guys,

Just one quick question, any stayed in Ibis Arcadia or Ibis Tamarin before? Do they have gym facility? Thanks in advance.

Ekspat
04-28-07, 11:13
Just one quick question, any stayed in Ibis Arcadia or Ibis Tamarin before? Do they have gym facility? Thanks in advance.
I've stayed once in Ibis Arcadia, never again!
I dun know about gym, but all I remember is, that the rooms are way too small.
Cheers!

Ekspat
04-28-07, 11:17
I'm due to arrive at that lovely airport at the end of the week.
Good one!!!!! :D :D :D

Crypton
04-28-07, 17:08
Guys,

I stayed at Tamarin last year. I agree rooms are small. Location is good though and it is GF. Don't know about gym. I was getting plenty of exercise in my bed :-)

Be aware that they have different pricing for locals and foreigners (almost twice the amount).

Asian Rain
04-29-07, 08:55
I tried the Oasis Amir hotel (http://www.oasisamirhotel.com/), which is conveniently located for mall-hunters next to Atrium Plaza. The room was small, clean and the hotel super conveniently located. Clientele is almost enitrely local and they all nodded with approval at my take-backs from the Atrium and Blok M.

Main drawback to the room I had was the absence of a mini-bar and the lack of light, which cut the quality of my videos. I would recommend for those mongers who like to mall hunt... the 1 min cab ride back with my take-homes was unbeatable.

I stayed a day and switched back to the Sheraton, where my corporate rate, beautiful room and access to Queen massage (for recovery) trumped the cheaper price of the OA. Enjoy, AR+

Kiasi
05-14-07, 03:53
To all Sifu,

Did anyone stay in this hotel b4? I search in the internet that this hotel is located just a walking distance to Blok M. So i assume it is a great location for mongering..!!

I did stay in Le Meridien but feel nothing around it's surrounding except tiga puluh.

Waiting for your comment.

Menteng
05-14-07, 12:36
To all Sifu,

Did anyone stay in this hotel b4? I search in the internet that this hotel is located just a walking distance to Blok M. So i assume it is a great location for mongering..!!

I did stay in Le Meridien but feel nothing around it's surrounding except tiga puluh.

Waiting for your comment.

What is a walking distance? 10 minutes? 30 minutes? Of course you can walk to Hotel Melawai I with it's Maribaya on the 6th floor (10 minutes) or jalan Faletehan, with it's pick-up bars like D's Place, Top Gun or My Bar (20 minutes). I agree, the prospect of meeting an SYT and having a cool drink will make you forget the heat and the dust, but will it be a pleasant walk?

In addition, if you take a taxi back to the hotel, agree on the fare beforehand!

Joel Goodsen
05-14-07, 14:00
I've stayed in Mahakam, and the 20 minute walk to Falatehan is precisely as Menteng describes - you do it once in the heat and dust, and after that you naik taksi. It is a lovely boutique hotel though and it is nice staying there, but it is not like hotel Ambhara where you just cross the street to get to the blok.

Jaimito Cartero
05-14-07, 16:01
I've stayed in Mahakam, and the 20 minute walk to Falatehan is precisely as Menteng describes - you do it once in the heat and dust, and after that you naik taksi. It is a lovely boutique hotel though and it is nice staying there, but it is not like hotel Ambhara where you just cross the street to get to the blok.

Even crossing the road from Ambhara can be pretty dangerous, unless you want to take the overpass.

Kiasi
05-17-07, 08:48
To all Sifu,

Finally i decided to give a try on Mahakam. Since from Internet the room looks great. hehe..!!

Anyway, i will be in Jakarta from 29/05/2007 and will leave Jakarta in 03/06/2007. So Anyone want to have some drinks together or go fishing together..!!

Please send me PM.

Joel Goodsen
05-17-07, 11:51
Some mahakam photo's - no girls pics, it's a great hotel.. enjoy the fishing!

Kiasi
05-17-07, 16:42
Thank you for your photo. So no want will be available by end of the month..??

Sigh..!!

Some mahakam photo's - no girls pics, it's a great hotel.. enjoy the fishing!

The Exile
05-31-07, 21:16
I recently stayed in the Park Lane Hotel and went to Stix, their night club, on a weeknight. I went at 9:30, when it opened. The band was good, but there wasn't much action. By 10 the girls started coming in. There weren't too many, probably 10 at the peak. A few them them were good looking but most average.

But I had a great time anyway. I bought a girl some drinks and had a good time chatting. She was a tiny, slender thing, about 25, but looked better dressed than in the sack. But she was confident and good fun. We negotiated Rp 600,000, which was too much in retrospect but I had no worries about it since she was so fun to hang out with.

Went back the next night. She came and hung out with me, I bought more drinks and listened to the music. But I wasn't really interested in her, so she helped me with a shy, sweet 23 year old girl. She wasn't as fun in the sack but had a great body, with perfect tits. After we finished we went back to Stix till it closed. I gave the first girl Rp 100,000 for her help. She didn't find any customers that night.

In sum, the selection may be poor but you get more attention and can actually talk to the girl. Much more fun that CJ's if you actually want to stay and listen to music with good company. Another plus is that there is no walk of shame - you take the lift up one floor, cross over and take another lift up, out of sight and no security hanging around. Overall a positive experience.

Saint99
06-01-07, 10:09
Hello,

Does anyone have tryed Hotel Bidakara (Pancoran) before? About prices and GF?

Or is around this hotel a place to find, to spent some times with bule-fans? :.)

Still can't get used, locals white-love. !

Thnx 2all in advance.

Mighty Spearsman
06-03-07, 17:33
Hello,

Does anyone have tryed Hotel Bidakara (Pancoran) before? About prices and GF?

Or is around this hotel a place to find, to spent some times with bule-fans? :.)

Still can't get used, locals white-love. !

Thnx 2all in advance.
The full name is the Hotel Bumi Karsa Bida Kara, located a bit out of the way in the Bida Kara complex off of Jl. Gatot Subroto. It is owned by Bank Indonesia and is at best a 3-star hotel (and that's by Indonesia's overly-generous rating scale!). It is often used to house government conferences and seminars, also weddings, and usually has large groups of Indonesians from out of town staying there. The rooms are cheap and clean and the price is definitely negotiable - no one pays the rack rate, ever! A room should cost 300,000 rupiah and yes, the hotel is girl-friendly.

I don't think that this would be a good place to stay unless you have your own transport and are planning to go elsewhere to do your mongering and bring your conquests back to the hotel. First, it's a bit hard to find. The restaurants aren't very good, either. Also, there are very few if any taxis at night. There is virtually no night life there, not a pick-up spot unless you're lucky to find a stray freelancer in the front lobby or karaoke lounge. For the same 300,000 rupiah price, there are better choices.

Yes, you might get lucky if there's a convention attended by a bunch of horny up-country women, but that's pretty unlikely. Keep in mind that back in 2005 the Jakarta Java Kini, a reputable monthly entertainment magazine, even made fun of this place.

Kabo Sport
06-20-07, 08:38
[QUOTE=The Exile]I recently stayed in the Park Lane Hotel and went to Stix, their night club, on a weeknight. I went at 9:30, when it opened. The band was good, but there wasn't much action. By 10 the girls started coming in. There weren't too many, probably 10 at the peak. A few them them were good looking but most average.

I agree - good place.
Picked up this wild one last night - good time was had.
Enjoy the photos
Kabo

Robert Long
06-20-07, 20:29
[QUOTE=The Exile]I recently stayed in the Park Lane Hotel and went to Stix, their night club, on a weeknight. I went at 9:30, when it opened. The band was good, but there wasn't much action. By 10 the girls started coming in. There weren't too many, probably 10 at the peak. A few them them were good looking but most average.

I agree - good place.

Picked up this wild one last night - good time was had.

Enjoy the photos.

KaboGood photos and a nice lady. She looks like a pro and a body to match. Lounge Lizzards can be a lot of fun if you get lucky, as you did.

RL

Cooze Hound
06-21-07, 10:47
Nice to hear some reports from Stix, I was going there quite a bit in 2003 and the place was full of it, nice girls too, spoke good english etc, just the thing a newbie like me needed.

It is good to have reports from the various hotel bars, keep it up guys.

Kamking1
06-28-07, 07:29
Hi Guys,
When I first went to Bangkok many years ago, I reserved a room in Grace Hotel in Sukumvit soi Nana Nua and got a shock of my lifetime. It was full of guests from Middle East countries.
No disrespect, but I would like to stay away from hotels where a large number of gentlemen from Arabian descent prefer to stay.
So, is there any hotel in Jakarta where the clietale is like Grace hotel's of Bangkok?

Thanks for the info.

KK

Joel Goodsen
07-03-07, 07:43
Popular spots for visitors from Middle Easter Countries - the area around Atrium, Oasis Amir, Aston Senen, Allson residence.. popular bars - tiga kuda ( three horses ) and de leila. cheers.

Kamking1
07-03-07, 08:15
Popular spots for visitors from Middle Easter Countries - the area around Atrium, Oasis Amir, Aston Senen, Allson residence.. popular bars - tiga kuda ( three horses ) and de leila. cheers.
Joel,
Thanks a lot for the info.
KK

Mighty Spearsman
07-04-07, 03:38
The Hotel Borobodur is also in the same area described by Joel, in fact it's only a block away from the Oasis and two blocks away from the Atrium Mall.

In a somewhat-humorous incident, last year a bunch of rich Saudis showed up at the Borobodur, wearing their flowing white robes. While checking in, one of the Saudis put his check-in luggage bag on the floor, where it was promptly stolen by one of the many idlers hanging around the lobby. Turns out that the bag (supposedly) had tens of thousands of US Dollars in it. While I feel bad that anyone has their luggage stolen, it's hard to feel much sympathy for some rich fat guy who is careless with a bag that contained more than my annual salary.

Andy Pierce
07-08-07, 18:44
I need some help trying to get my bearings in Jakarta.

I have reservations at the Millineum Hotel. How close is this hotel tosome of the more popular mongering venues.

BATS, CJ's, The Atrium Mall, Block M etc.

Reading the fourms has given me the impression that many of the more established mongering venues are in fairl close proximity to each other, but I have not been able to narrow down the proximity of the hotel I have made reservations to these mongering venues. Can some of you Jakarta gurus help me out?

Mighty Spearsman
07-10-07, 04:19
I need some help trying to get my bearings in Jakarta.

I have reservations at the Millineum Hotel. How close is this hotel to some of the more popular mongering venues.

BATS, CJ's, The Atrium Mall, Block M etc.

Reading the forums has given me the impression that many of the more established mongering venues are in fairl close proximity to each other, but I have not been able to narrow down the proximity of the hotel I have made reservations to these mongering venues. Can some of you Jakarta gurus help me out?
The Millenium Hotel is in the center of town, somewhat behind the Bank Indonesia headquarters. The closest places would be BATS at the Shangri-La Hotel and Tigah Puluh at Le Meridien, as they are both easily accessible by a north-south road that is parallel to the main Jl. Thamrin-Sudirman road.

CJ's and Blok M are farther away, but if you're travelling after 9 p.m. the traffic should not be bad.

You are also fairly close in distance to both Plaza Indonesia and Atrium Mall for mall hunting, depending on traffic and whether it's rush hour or not. A couple of weeks ago I was at the Millenium and went to Plaza Indonesia for lunch - took 30 minutes by taxi to get to Plaza Indonesia, but only 4 minutes to return.

If the taxi driver doesn't know where the Atrium Mall is, tell him that it is near "Pasar Senen" which is the Senen or Monday market (that's the name).

Oyenk
07-10-07, 08:55
Please visit this web : www.bobobobo.com

It might help to find the better hotel with the better price.

Thank you

Bkk212
07-18-07, 08:23
Hi Guys,

I have read through most of the posts and can't find any info on the Crowne Plaza hotel.

Is this hotel near Blok M? Or near any night clubs?

Can't seem to figure it out from the hotel map?

Thanks.

Polo Iii
07-19-07, 06:42
I wish I would of known about this forum before I went to Indonesia. Interesting reading, will be visiting Medan in Sept..

During last (first) visit (4-30-07), I stayed at Hotel Ibis Manga Dua, in Jakarta. Hotel massage was pretty good my first night. Girl named Susie (5-6), massage was 100krp, FS another 300k. Great first night.

Second night went to Hotel lounge after midnight and bartender named Airi had hook up with pimp friend, two girls for 400k (about 3 hours).

I later found out that every night between 6-8 o'clock, there would be about 20 girls out front. This hotel caters to lots of local Indonesians. The girls were mostly lighter skinned, oriental, tall and leggy. 300-400k for 2hrs.

Tried Jakarta Post ad. Sent girl over to motel room, great night, everything goes, including the AR so many of you seem to ask for. Icha is into FL work, her # is 08179834455.

Hope this helps someone, just trying to return the favor and looking forward to reading more about Medan.

Bkk212
07-19-07, 23:05
Hi,

Read reports about the two agencies in the airport, there was a website listed for Indotel but not one for KAHA.

Does anyone know the website address for KAHA?

Thanks

Abbnat
07-22-07, 03:20
Hi,

Isn't it just nice to escape the city for a few nights.

I have two questions

I was wondering if anyone knows:

Of a decent hotel on the north coast of Jakarta. Somewhere between Jakarta and Merak area (possibly Banten). A location that is close to the beach, a range of local eating options, a decent standard and a little privacy. Also we will be heading there by taxi, so an idea of the hit via the meter would be helpfull.

A "private" jacuzzi, Ideally in the recommended hotel above, failing that somewhere in south jakarta where I can take my wife, that doesn't resemble a meat market.

Privacy is important for both, but is weighted more to the second question.

Any pointers/idea's will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Abbnat
07-22-07, 03:33
Hi,

Read reports about the two agencies in the airport, there was a website listed for Indotel but not one for KAHA.

ThanksFor me, Kaha has been the better choice.

They also have an office in Gambir Station and a faily new office in Tebet (just past Harris Hotel) next to Pizza Hut.

Best prices I saw last time was:

Intercontinental - 680k (i think) inc bf
Manhattan - 580k inc bf
Park Lane - 510k without bf (does a great breakfast)
Sari Pan Pacific - 480k inc bf
Atlet - 420k without bf
Sahid - 410k with bf
Harris - 385k without bf

I used them last to stay at Manhattan about 6 weeks ago.

Best prices are for locals so get your wife/gf/stalker to get the room in her name.

Enjoy

Eltou
07-23-07, 13:19
Hi,

ThanksKAHA do not have website address nor does PT PASOPATI in Jakarta located at corner junction between Hayam Wuruk and side lane to Stadium.
PT PASOPATI also sells cheap airtickets and discounted hotels in Indonesia and Singapore.

Bkk212
07-24-07, 20:01
Thanks Abbnat and Eltou.

Appreciate the info on booking hotels in JKT.

Will give my 2 cents when I use them.

Cervello
07-25-07, 01:01
During last (first) visit (4-30-07), I stayed at Hotel Ibis Manga Dua, in Jakarta. Hotel massage was pretty good my first night. Girl named Susie (5-6), massage was 100krp, FS another 300k. Great first night.

Second night went to Hotel lounge after midnight and bartender named Airi had hook up with pimp friend, two girls for 400k (about 3 hours).

I later found out that every night between 6-8 o'clock, there would be about 20 girls out front. This hotel caters to lots of local Indonesians. The girls were mostly lighter skinned, oriental, tall and leggy. 300-400k for 2hrs.

Tried Jakarta Post ad. Sent girl over to motel room, great night, everything goes, including the AR so many of you seem to ask for. Icha is into FL work, her # is 08179834455.

Hope this helps someone, just trying to return the favor and looking forward to reading more about Medan.Hopefully you can post some pic Mr. Polo, especially Icha, I want to try some ad. But still not sure about the quality and the attitude of the girl. And how much does this Icha asked?

I've stayed in Ibis Mangga Dua a year ago, and saw those oriental girls either, but they were not escort by any local and I don't speak their language. Now that you give valuable information about their price, makes me wonder whom to ask?

I sincerely appreciate your reply.

Jimbo22
07-25-07, 16:47
Hi Guys,

I have read through most of the posts and can't find any info on the Crowne Plaza hotel.

Is this hotel near Blok M? Or near any night clubs?

Can't seem to figure it out from the hotel map?

Thanks.Crown Plaza is on Gatot Subroto I think, around the corner from Plaza Semanggi and RRI Tower.

Relatively close to blok M but not too close, it's a very quiet hotel AFAIK and good if you don't want to draw much attention. There is a nightclub downstairs called Retro (Plenty 'ayam') and they also have University night (if you're looking for young uns). Further down the road you can find a lounge(Dragonfly, currently closed for renovation) and Vertigo (At RRI Tower next to Plaza Semanggi) round the corner before you hit Crown Plaza (assuming you're coming from Sudirman). Last time I lived in jakarta the Retro was a hunting ground for some expats, so give it a try.

Cheers

Bkk212
07-26-07, 04:18
Much appreciated. Will definitely give these places a try as well as Blok M.

I definitely don't like to draw attention so a low key hotel is more to my liking.

Hopefully I won't have any guest issues.

Thanks

Crown Plaza is on Gatot Subroto I think, around the corner from Plaza Semanggi and RRI Tower.

Relatively close to blok M but not too close, it's a very quiet hotel AFAIK and good if you don't want to draw much attention. There is a nightclub downstairs called Retro (Plenty 'ayam') and they also have University night (if you're looking for young uns). Further down the road you can find a lounge(Dragonfly, currently closed for renovation) and Vertigo (At RRI Tower next to Plaza Semanggi) round the corner before you hit Crown Plaza (assuming you're coming from Sudirman). Last time I lived in jakarta the Retro was a hunting ground for some expats, so give it a try.

Cheers

Brandon88
07-26-07, 22:50
Crown Plaza is on Gatot Subroto I think, around the corner from Plaza Semanggi and RRI Tower.

Cheers

Retro is more difficult to hook up than other hotel bars because it is too darkly lit, the music is too loud (ok if you want to listen to trance, but not for conversation), and the crowd is more of a local boy/girl hangout than bule/chicken mix.

Interesting that Dragon Fly is renovating. They hadn't been open very long to begin with. Very good meals at suprisingly cheap prices, but I ate there during Ramadan last year, so no club action at all.

Jimbo22
07-27-07, 17:09
Retro is more difficult to hook up than other hotel bars because it is too darkly lit, the music is too loud (ok if you want to listen to trance, but not for conversation), and the crowd is more of a local boy/girl hangout than bule/chicken mix.Got to say I agree with Brandon88 re: dark and loud music. Not sure about the mix ratio, I haven't been there for awhile so yet again Brandon88 should have the updated view.

Bkk212
07-28-07, 12:53
Brandon88 and Jimbo22,

Thanks for the heads up about Retro. Will definitely give it a try and see what's happening.

Will post my 2 cents worth.

If all else fails could always resort to Blok M.

Thanks.

Sapperken
07-28-07, 16:34
Chose this as my hotel for my last, self funded, trip to Jakarta.

I have used this chain of hotels around the world and booked it over the internet from the Hotel website. Not to impressed with the size of the room from the pictures so made sure I booked one of the executive options at 781krp (approx £45 per night). See pictures for the suite I got.

As far as I could tell I was the only Bule in residence. Language was a bit of an issue when I tried to get the front desk to understand that my room had been left unlocked by housekeeping 3 days on the trot. They seemed to get the message when I told them that I wouldn't pay my bill if it happened again. Universal language of money LOL.

Really handy for shopping malls with a pathway from the front of the hotel into the nearest.

I would stay there again but would choose an even cheaper room.

SK

Toony
07-28-07, 20:54
Just a note to contradict an earlier report , Dragonfly is not yet closed for renovation - will actually close sept/oct - was there wednesday - some fantastic looking girls there - bring your wallet though :)

Hung Man 1808
07-29-07, 01:02
Interesting that Dragon Fly is renovating. They hadn't been open very long to begin with. Very good meals at suprisingly cheap prices, but I ate there during Ramadan last year, so no club action at all.

My source on the ground told me that Retro is closed, converting it into a restaurant or something. Now I hear Dragonfly is closed. Has my source mixed up her clubs, or are both closed?

The sound system in Retro is a wonder to behold, so I was a bit down at the thought of the place not being there, even though just about everything else about being in the place kinda sucked on the last trip (long story).

Enquiring minds want to know, as very very soon I will be on the ground and don't want to waste time again (like the last trip to Dragonfly, which was of course, on the day it was closed).

Jimbo22
07-29-07, 11:18
My source on the ground told me that Retro is closed, converting it into a restaurant or something. Now I hear Dragonfly is closed. Has my source mixed up her clubs, or are both closed?

The sound system in Retro is a wonder to behold, so I was a bit down at the thought of the place not being there, even though just about everything else about being in the place kinda sucked on the last trip (long story).

Enquiring minds want to know, as very very soon I will be on the ground and don't want to waste time again (like the last trip to Dragonfly, which was of course, on the day it was closed).Best bet is to give them a call and see what's up. :D

Or try X2 at Plaza Senayan else Vertigo at RRI Tower. Both aren't really a hunting ground though and since I'm not living in Jakarta at the moment, can't really point you to a hunting spot.

Jimbo22
07-29-07, 11:22
Just a note to contradict an earlier report , Dragonfly is not yet closed for renovation - will actually close sept/oct - was there wednesday - some fantastic looking girls there - bring your wallet though :)Toony,

Thanks for the correction. So Sept/Oct is when they're closing now?

Cool will have some time to visit when I get back to Jakarta.

Yep Dragonfly is well known hangout for some Jakarta celebrities, the spot can kill your wallet too :D

How busy was it when you were there?

Polo Iii
07-30-07, 00:52
Hopefully you can post some pic Mr. Polo, especially Icha, I want to try some ad. But still not sure about the quality and the attitude of the girl. And how much does this Icha asked?

I've stayed in Ibis Mangga Dua a year ago, and saw those oriental girls either, but they were not escort by any local and I don't speak their language. Now that you give valuable information about their price, makes me wonder whom to ask?

I sincerely appreciate your reply.I asked the security guard and he got me the pimp, a little skinny guy with a big watch. He sits on front steps. I was booked that night and didn't try any of his girls.

Icha asked for 400k rupia. Well worth it, one of best experiences I had. Sorry i don't have pic. Her english is okay.

Berlain and Katrina spa is very close by. Go out side door of motel and it's less than 3 blocks away.

Polo Iii
07-31-07, 14:20
For me, Kaha has been the better choice.

They also have an office in Gambir Station and a faily new office in Tebet (just past Harris Hotel) next to Pizza Hut.

Best prices I saw last time was:

Intercontinental - 680k (i think) inc bf
Manhattan - 580k inc bf
Park Lane - 510k without bf (does a great breakfast)
Sari Pan Pacific - 480k inc bf
Atlet - 420k without bf
Sahid - 410k with bf
Harris - 385k without bf

I used them last to stay at Manhattan about 6 weeks ago.

Best prices are for locals so get your wife/gf/stalker to get the room in her name.

EnjoyI'm Visiting Jakarta Aug.29-31.

Stayed in Jakarta once before at Ibis Mangga Dua.

Stopping on my own time and spending my own dime.

I'd want Hotel without boyfriend included (bf?)

Which would be good one with in house massage, close to Blok M (haven't been there yet) and T.C.?

Toony
07-31-07, 21:47
Jimbo - got there around 10.15pm on a Wednesday night , was quite busy, by the time I left around midnight was heaving!

Definitely high maintenance girls , not quite D's Place/CJ's.

Another place owned by the same people is Blowfish across the other side of the highway - great Friday/Saturday - has a Ladies nite on Thursday. Tends to attract a younger crowd than Dragonfly

Samchad
08-01-07, 00:36
Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Jl. Melawai 8 No. 6-8, Blok M. It says blok M so I suppose it is within walking distance of MyBar et al. The website says it has karaoke and massage. Is this GF friendly?

1Ball
08-01-07, 10:24
Hi gents. Does anyone know how far this place is from Kemayoran? Going to a trade show in October, and they have a promo rate of 85US$ net including breakfast. If it is not too much of a haul to get there, I thought it might be more enjoyable than the Ibis Kemayoran !

Thanks

Robert Long
08-01-07, 14:21
Hi gents. Does anyone know how far this place is from Kemayoran? Going to a trade show in October, and they have a promo rate of 85US$ net including breakfast. If it is not too much of a haul to get there, I thought it might be more enjoyable than the Ibis Kemayoran !

Thanks
I go to the same expo every year. The Ibis Kemayoran is not so good as the rooms are very small. The breakfest buffet is ok, and the price for the hotel is reasonable, but the location is a good taxi ride from anything decent as entertainment goes.
I stay in a real Indonesion type hotel. Sri Wijaya. My bu's family's friends place and no action there at all. But good central location to everything.
Maybe will will bump into each other at the expo, I am the bule with the panama hat, with a beautiful Chinese/Dayak woman with legs to die for.
RL

Mighty Spearsman
08-02-07, 15:24
Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Jl. Melawai 8 No. 6-8, Blok M. It says blok M so I suppose it is within walking distance of MyBar et al. The website says it has karaoke and massage. Is this GF friendly?
I have never stayed here but have driven past it numerous times. Yes, it is only a short walk from this hotel to Hotel Melawai 6th Floor, My Bar, etc.

For more detailed info, please do a quick search here on ISG as I recall that several posts were written in 2006 about this hotel.

As I recall from the posts, the hotel is fairly new, clean, nothing fancy but ok, and yes it is definitely girl-friendly (as is virtuially every hotel in Jakarta except the Hyatt).

Bulai69
08-02-07, 18:41
1Ball, this hotel (I've stayed a few times) is infinitely better than any Ibis but you would need to allow an hour travelling - but that's the case to get from anywhere to anywhere in Jakarta during the day unless you are in walking distance. Of course the Mandarin is in walking distance of Plaza Indonesia, eX, 24 hour Starbucks and McDonalds at Sarinah which is a big bonus.

Samchad
08-02-07, 22:36
Thanks for the reply. I did earlier check on references to the hotel. Everyone seemed to be talking about it when it was still going ongoing construction, and there was no mention of the quality of the massage service, or the karaoke service. Anyone use the massage or karaoke there?

Spartan
08-03-07, 01:29
Hi all,

Will be in Jkt for a few nites and will be staying at Novotel, is the hotel far from kartika? I plan to drop by and have a good round.

I read some treads that its hard to locate so any help telling the taxi driver were to go would be helpful, if I can walk there that would be even better. From the map that I have I see its not that far but then again those tourist maps can be misleading.

Spartan

Joel Goodsen
08-03-07, 21:48
Please visit this web : www.bobobobo.com

It might help to find the better hotel with the better price.

Thank you
Good website Oyenk, thanks for sharing. It can be helpful for comparing internet hotel rates, but to make use of the rates offered by this site, you will require an Indonesian ID card. Also it is written back to front in Indonesian (no English) and payment has to be made by bank transfer into a bank account beforehand - there is no cc as a payment option available. cheers.

Kodja
08-03-07, 22:36
Hi all,

Will be in Jkt for a few nites and will be staying at Novotel, is the hotel far from kartika? I plan to drop by and have a good round.

I read some treads that its hard to locate so any help telling the taxi driver were to go would be helpful, if I can walk there that would be even better. From the map that I have I see its not that far but then again those tourist maps can be misleading.

SpartanWalking to Kartika from your hotel is a fair walk. You'd be better taking a taxi. Probably about a 10-15 minute drive off peak times (after 8.00pm) I believe your hotel is located in Magga Dua square? There is a Mercure hotel located about 500 meters north of Kartika. Not sure of the location except it's on Jalan Hayam Wuruk. Good Luck! I wish I was going with you!

Mighty Spearsman
08-04-07, 02:33
Hi all,

Spartan
You will be fairly close to Kartika but no, you are not within walking distance. Should be 10 minutes by taxi unless it's rush hour.

Just tell the driver "Jalan Mangga Besar and Jalan Hayam Wuruk" while making a cross with your two hands (to indicate an intersection). That always works for me. Then look/ask for the Suisse Bakery - if you have the Hotel Mercure behind you, then the Suisse Bakery should be in front of you. The alley to the side of the Suisse Bakery is where Kartika and Berlian are located. The Stadium Disco is three alleys down past the Suisse Bakery.

Hope you enjoy your visit. BTW, if you go to Kartika soon, the famous Cynthia has been home at her "kampung" (home village) for the last three weeks, so she may or may not be on duty. If not, ask to see Rista and Sonia, and if you're not impressed, take a look around. Or, walk 10 meters up the alley to Berlian and ask for Ina or "You-see." Good luck!

Spartan
08-07-07, 16:41
Hope you enjoy your visit. BTW, if you go to Kartika soon, the famous Cynthia has been home at her "kampung" (home village) for the last three weeks, so she may or may not be on duty. If not, ask to see Rista and Sonia, and if you're not impressed, take a look around. Or, walk 10 meters up the alley to Berlian and ask for Ina or "You-see." Good luck!Thanks, I appreciate the directions. I will update once I'm back. You guys are great.

Menteng
08-17-07, 00:02

It depends on what you qualify as walking distance. If the shops are still open, you can take a short-cut through Blok M mall and the Terminal. But after 22.00 pm that will not be possible and it will take about 20/25 minutes to walk back.
I have stayed there and so has Jaimito Cartero. If you are claustrophobic, don't take the cheaper rooms. No windows!
Very girl friendly as you could expect from a hotel in the Melawai block. In-house massage with happy ending HJ also possible. Maybe even more. Me, I haven't succeeded.

1Ball
09-14-07, 03:56
There are only a handful of posts about this place, not much info.
I am going to be at a show in Kemayoran in october, and have been offered a nice price for this place. US$ 65.00 net inc breakfast.
Thing is, I don't know much about it.
Does anyone know how far to the convention center this place is, also is there anything good around there, (anyone gone hunting in Lindeteves shopping mall?), and lastly of course, is it GF?

thank you.

Fast Eddie 48
09-14-07, 04:20
I am going to be at a show in Kemayoran in october, and have been offered a nice price for this place. US$ 65.00 net inc breakfast.

Does anyone know how far to the convention center this place is, also is there anything good around there, (anyone gone hunting in Lindeteves shopping mall?), and lastly of course, is it GF?

Thank you.to I ball,

I stay here 2 yr ago nice clean room good locations just 2 block from Stadium and 15 min walk to loposari plaza, not sure where the convention center is at, I paid 40 usd for a standard room with queen bed with buffet breakfast many Chinese bussines man stay here and I think is own by Chinese.

Fast eddie 48

Gzono
09-14-07, 04:24
Hi stayed there a few months ago
Nice rooms-although showers require bending down to about 130cm
Brekkie was OK Pool etc-crap
def GF and the whole place has a feeling of sleaze-great!
Its the hunting areas but I personally prefer the other side of town-its just too downmarket for me although as you know Jk has many hidden places
shopping is good and if you get a honey take her to Cafe Batavia for lunch

enjoy

Mighty Spearsman
09-14-07, 11:36
I am going to be at a show in Kemayoran in October, and have been offered a nice price for this place. US$ 65.00 net inc breakfast.

thank you.
You are not that close to the convention center; it will be around a 15-20 minute taxi ride (maybe longer in traffic) straight down the main north-south road which has a succession of different names - Jl. Hayam Wuruk, Jl. Thamrin, Jl. Sudirman. The convention center is next to the Sultan Hotel (formerly the Hilton). If traffic is really bad, take the Transjakarta bus to the "Polda" stop and wak over to the convention center.

US $65 at the current exchange rate is just over 600,000 rupiah, which means that you're not really getting that good a deal. For that price, you should be able to get a room with breakfast at a much nicer hotel; in fact, you could probably get a room at the Sultan for that price and walk next door to the convention. To get a good rate, go to the Hotel Reservations Desk at the airport when you arrive in Jakarta, I think it's the KAHA desk? or check on the Internet. I think there's a web site quoted somewhere on this board.

Yes, the Mercure is close to Stadium, Kartika Spa, Lokasari Plaza, etc. but many of those places will be closed down until Oct. 20th or so because of Ramadan and Lebaran. Keep that in mind, you said October in your post, without any specific dates.

Happy hunting!

1Ball
09-14-07, 12:26
Thanks, Mighty One, and Gzono. I will keep looking.
Of course, 30 minutes by taxi, when it comes to Jkt, really means you are next door to where you are going. Sometimes it seems it might be faster to walk. I will be there October 25.
Any other suggestions, close to the venue, clean, decent, and good for the hobby?
Thanks

Hung Man 1808
09-14-07, 12:55
1Ball,

The Mecure is a long way from the convention centre. The Atlet on the other hand, is a fairly casual ten minute walk through the park from there. Added benefits of nearby shopping malls and the Busway close by to get elsewhere. Rooms from $50 USD all inclusive on www.wotif.com

The trip back and forth from Kota gets a bit wearing from there, but seeing there won't be much up that way for the next month, there probably isn't much reason to stay in that area when you need to be elsewhere each day.

Oyenk
10-08-07, 09:43
here is the link...

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=636030&postcount=285

I also add;

Hotel Permai; Jl. Mangga Besar - West Jakarta.

telp: 021 6282522

Standart room 130,000 rupiahs (15 USD) pernight...deposit as usual.

cheers.