PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : [1] 2

Admin
01-01-06, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Bold Focker
05-17-06, 00:58
Planned trip to Phnom Penh in Cambodia on 15th July .

I will be coming to PP on the 15th July 06 leaving around 28th July.

Would love to meet other English speaking colleagues to crack a beer or visit the entertainment centres of PP.

Bangkok Jeff
06-07-06, 13:07
I live in Bangkok, but will be staying in PP from June 13-19. I've been there four times already, but the last time was over 3 years ago. I'll be there with a friend from BKK. If anybody wants to meet up to explore the nightlife, then please send me a PM.

Jeff

ExpatCat
09-06-06, 06:12
I'm planning a trip to Cambodia from 20 - 26 October to do some dirt bike riding . . . among other things. Any gen on 'Dancing Roads' bike outfit out of Phnom Penh would be appreciated.
I'll post details closer to the time. I'm up for a drink with any English speaking colleagues in the area , if you are available. Most of my time has been in the Middle East, though it's been a long time since I got down to the Far East.

Keep safe,

Expatcat

Tazzy Devil
09-10-06, 12:35
I'm planning a trip to Cambodia from 20 - 26 October to do some dirt bike riding . . . among other things. Any gen on 'Dancing Roads' bike outfit out of Phnom Penh would be appreciated.

I'll post details closer to the time. I'm up for a drink with any English speaking colleagues in the area , if you are available. Most of my time has been in the Middle East, though it's been a long time since I got down to the Far East.

Keep safe,

ExpatcatJim from Cafe California 2 & Guesthouse in PP does a fair bit of dirt bike riding so may want to contact him for info. http://www.cafecaliforniaphnompenh.com/

He does a good story each month in the Bayon Pearnik on his travels around Cambodia http://www.bayonpearnik.com/

Pierre Le Ski
09-11-06, 21:40
Hi,

I have a trip planned to SE Aisa mainly focusing on Cambodia. I arrive in Bangkok on the 15th October and return to England on the 3rd December. This will be my third trip to the region and hope to build on the "experiences" I had in 2004/5. I too was hoping to do some "Dirt biking" and if all goes to plan will be travelling down the cost to Snooky and then up to PP around the time "Expatcat" is there. I normally "go it alone" as I like photography (NOT the girls, I'm afraid) which can make me a dull travel mate, as waiting for someone, waiting for the light to be right can be dull as hell! That being said I'm very sociable otherwise and pretty adventurous regarding travelling so Dirt Biking seems a good option. I've ridden a bike since childhood, but casually, I'm not an out and out Biker. I'll be happy to meet up with fellow Mongers and visit the sights and exchange info on "experiences" I also intend to Visit Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam, but will post in appropriate forums.

WeaverWorld
09-13-06, 14:31
I'm flying in to Phnom Penh on Thursday, 14 September.

Is anyone in the city then? If so then I am up for a beer or two ping me in that case.

Jack Dubi
10-09-06, 10:53
Hi,

I will stay in PP between 10-11 October.

I am looking for 2-3 guys want to celebrate a party with some girls in the ny hotel.

Jack

Lustforthrust
10-10-06, 06:28
Hi,

I will stay in PP between 10-11 October.

I am looking for 2-3 guys want to celebrate a party with some girls in the ny hotel.

Jack

Yes, I'm in town. Nuts are mostly dry but open to partying. Let us know how we'd get in touch with you.

Bold Focker
11-01-06, 23:58
I intend to go back to PP in November December this year. I have heard that you can go overland from PP to Vietnam by bus. Does anyone have any info on this?
If anyone is out there during this time, It would be good to meet up for a beer! I do not have exact dates yet tho.

Samu Ray
11-03-06, 03:38
Yes, it is easy to travel overland to Saigon from Phnom Penh. The bus leaves
Cambodia early in the morning. There is a bus depot between central market
and Monivong st. You need a Vietnam visa in advance, $30, it takes two days
to get it. The trip takes about six hours. The last stop is at the bus ticket
office, distric one. There are lots of $ 10 hotels around. There is, I think the
name is Orient hotel, where for aprice they will let a ***** in your room, this
is in distric one near all tourist restaurants are. The cat walk joint is close
by, very expensive, lots of girls, nice face, flat ass!

LovelyLucas
11-04-06, 14:31
I will be in Cambodia from November 11the until December 2nd. First 6 days in Phnom Penh, later on Sanoukville and the whole country if possible.

Somebody there to have a beer together and share experiences?

I was there last year but only for one week.

Prince Harry
11-04-06, 23:43
I will be in Cambodia for a few months this time and I have some mates coming up. Two of them want to go from the beach to siem riep-is there a short cut?
Otherwise, how much to fly from Phnom Penh to SR return?

Prince Harry
11-04-06, 23:44
I will be in Cambodia from November 11the until December 2nd. First 6 days in Phnom Penh, later on Sanoukville and the whole country if possible.

Somebody there to have a beer together and share experiences?

I was there last year but only for one week.Bugger, I will just miss you.

I arrive about the seventh of December.

Please keep us up to date on the best places that you see.

Bold Focker
11-05-06, 22:34
I have now booked my trip to Cambodia on the above dates.
If anyone is in PP and want to meet up for a beer during this time, PM me!

Samu Ray, where do you get the visa for Vietnam from.
How much were the girls in the cat walk?
and how much is a small price to take girl back to hotel?

Samu Ray
11-06-06, 00:50
The Vietnamese embassy is on Monivong st. I think is two blocks past Mao
Tsung st. Get a map for the exact address.

There are lots of girls at the Cat Walk, I would say over fifty. I asked how
much to take a girl out, I was told girls donīt go out! Couple of times I went
to that place I sat at the counter drinking beer, watching girls move around
every time a customer would come in.

I had been to Ho Chi Ming twice, I was not able to find a girl I like to screw.
One problem is that I donīt speak a word of the local language, well...

There is another place called Maxim, I think. It is by the river. After a beer I
left, I did not see anythig interesting.

Dinghy
11-06-06, 00:58
PP to SR flight is a bit expen$ive - the airport departure tax is $10 and the flight itself is probably about $50 (don't know for sure since I didnt ask) so it depends on whether you don't want to spend the 6 hours on the bus (not a bad ride unless its in the wet season) or 1 hour on the flight. The boat ride is sort of nice, too and costs about the same as the bus.

And as to how to get the beach and then to SR - there IS no short way. ROAD to Sihanoukville (bus is $5 or so each way) then either fly boat or bus to SR (both directions) There is NO AIRPORT in Sihanoukville (so "you can't get there from here"). The bus ride would leave SR at say, 7AM and get to PP at a bit after noon or so, then on to Sihanoukville (different bus) at 1230 or 1 or as late as 2 if you take the "Mekong Express" which is about 1/2 hour or so faster because of no stop like the GST busses make about halfway there. (Also doesn't go from the same place the inbound busses stop - they arrive/depart near the central market - the Mekong leaves form near the river)

Bold Focker
11-06-06, 10:43
Thanks for the info! i did have a map from my last visit and even found the embassy were marked on it.
The vietnam embassy is not far from the Burma embasy so i will try and get my Burma visa there at same time.

Shamas
11-13-06, 05:51
I'm in PP now, anyone about, PM me and we can meet up and chat a bit

Shamas

Phantomtiger2
11-27-06, 19:05
PP to SR flight is a bit expen$ive - the airport departure tax is $10 and the flight itself is probably about $50 (don't know for sure since I didnt ask) so it depends on whether you don't want to spend the 6 hours on the bus (not a bad ride unless its in the wet season) or 1 hour on the flight. The boat ride is sort of nice, too and costs about the same as the bus.

And as to how to get the beach and then to SR - there IS no short way. ROAD to Sihanoukville (bus is $5 or so each way) then either fly boat or bus to SR (both directions) There is NO AIRPORT in Sihanoukville (so "you can't get there from here"). The bus ride would leave SR at say, 7AM and get to PP at a bit after noon or so, then on to Sihanoukville (different bus) at 1230 or 1 or as late as 2 if you take the "Mekong Express" which is about 1/2 hour or so faster because of no stop like the GST busses make about halfway there. (Also doesn't go from the same place the inbound busses stop - they arrive/depart near the central market - the Mekong leaves form near the river)

Latest update:
I just did the SR to Snooky run today. Note: no direct bus run, need to stop at PP to catch a 2nd bus. You have to make sure there is enough time to catch a connecting bus from SR to PP, then 2nd bus from PP to Snooky. Unfortunately, the best connecting time for the 2 buses is by Sorya bus --its a shitty bus run compare to all the others but sometimes have the best schedule. This bus company stops many times along the way to pick up almost anyone.
Left SR on the 7am bus--arrive PP to connect to the 1pm bus leaving for Snooky. Total price for both buses--I paid $9.
Downside: You will WASTE an entire day sitting on 2 bus to get from SR to Snooky. I left SR 7am and didnt arrive until almost dark (after 5pm) in Snooky.

The direct flight from SR to PP was close to $80 US --begin high season when I asked( + $10 airport tax extra)--not worth it unless you have money to burn b/c still need to get from PP to Snooky by bus anyway.

PT

Phantomtiger2
11-27-06, 19:07
I'm in PP now, anyone about, PM me and we can meet up and chat a bit

Shamas

Sorry Shamas as I'm here now but you're long gone. Will try to catch up to you on my next visit. Its rather nice enough for a 2nd trip back.
Enjoy
PT

Solis
12-13-06, 14:27
Hi guys,

I'm gona visit Siem Reap and Phnom Penh for my vacation. Can any one recommend decend cheap hotel for both places near to town area? Where do I get the bus to travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap? Price?

Phantomtiger2
12-13-06, 20:04
Hi guys,

I'm gona visit Siem Reap and Phnom Penh for my vacation. Can any one recommend decend cheap hotel for both places near to town area? Where do I get the bus to travel from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap? Price?

2 places to catch the bus: near the central market and by the riverside.
Make sure you take the express bus run by the Mekong bus and NOT the lousy local bus run by the Sorya bus company(located near central market).
Prices should be about $5

PT

Markmalt
12-15-06, 22:27
I took twice the plan from and to Siem Reap / PP.

Once I wanted to do the trip by boat - it was recommended to me - but the water in Tonle Sap was too low and so I had a look at the bus. I did not like what I saw and so I shared a taxi with a friend for about 50 $.

It was a nice trip.

Phantomtiger2
12-20-06, 23:26
I took twice the plan from and to Siem Reap / PP.

Once I wanted to do the trip by boat - it was recommended to me - but the water in Tonle Sap was too low and so I had a look at the bus. I did not like what I saw and so I shared a taxi with a friend for about 50 $.

It was a nice trip.

Dont know what you saw about the bus that turned you off but I used it often and its ok. Just read some of my previous post and avoid Sorya bus company as this is the worst of the lot. The boat ride from PP to SR is a ripoff.
Unless you have 1-2 extra people to share the taxi, $50 is a bit high and will only save you about 1 hour from the bus.

PT

MisterMax808
12-25-06, 08:38
I will be in Phnom Penh for a whole week. I was thinking of taking a short 2 day trip to Yangon, Myanmar. Is it worth it? And can it be done from PP? What airlines would I take for a round trip from PP to Yangon. And how much would it cost me? Any advice & experience would be appreciated.

Dinghy
12-26-06, 05:36
I will be in Phnom Penh for a whole week. I was thinking of taking a short 2 day trip to Yangon, Myanmar. Is it worth it? And can it be done from PP? What airlines would I take for a round trip from PP to Yangon. And how much would it cost me? Any advice & experience would be appreciated.

do airasia in both directions as a connection - 1 RT to BKK and another to RGN - you won't be able to do it in a single day though - the connections for same day flight don't work unless you want to spend that outrageous fare on THAI ($1400 or so) cost maybe $350 including the exit fees from BKK/PNH (BKK is 700B PNH is $25 - don't know about RGN) You might be better off finding a ticket THERE from an agent rather than buying on-line. If you buy on-line the price is variable depending on how far in advance you buy

Frankly, it isn't worth it unless you want to go for the "novelty"

MisterMax808
12-26-06, 18:08
Thank you Dinghy. Perhaps I will save it for another time. Yes, it was just for the novelty. And that can wait! Well, on to PP! Tali ho!

Phantomtiger2
12-26-06, 23:10
Before you travel to Bkk, be aware this news just came out. I already posted this in the Thailand threads but wanted you guys to read it here also--in case you dont keep up on LOS news.

Here is some news for all of you guys to be aware of:

New airport faces partial shutdown
Mistakes, graft found in almost all contracts

AMORNRAT MAHITTHIROOK

Poor construction at Suvarnabhumi may force parts of the new airport to be shut down for repairs. This would open the way for the recently abandoned Don Muang airport to be re-opened to serve Bangkok's air traffic needs.

Deputy Transport Minister Sansern Wongcha-um said yesterday that following a recent report on the problems facing Suvarnabhumi airport, it was likely that part of the new facility would have to be closed and Don Muang airport would pick up the slack.

Board member Yodyiam Theptranont, who heads a sub-panel investigating the problems, said the repairs would take a long time. He could not give a timeframe

PT

Shamas
12-29-06, 23:27
Before you travel to Bkk, be aware this news just came out. I already posted this in the Thailand threads but wanted you guys to read it here also--in case you dont keep up on LOS news.

Here is some news for all of you guys to be aware of:

New airport faces partial shutdown
Mistakes, graft found in almost all contracts

AMORNRAT MAHITTHIROOK

Poor construction at Suvarnabhumi may force parts of the new airport to be shut down for repairs. This would open the way for the recently abandoned Don Muang airport to be re-opened to serve Bangkok's air traffic needs.

Deputy Transport Minister Sansern Wongcha-um said yesterday that following a recent report on the problems facing Suvarnabhumi airport, it was likely that part of the new facility would have to be closed and Don Muang airport would pick up the slack.

Board member Yodyiam Theptranont, who heads a sub-panel investigating the problems, said the repairs would take a long time. He could not give a timeframe

PT

Lets see, the new airport is built on a swamp, graft and corruption is a way of business and it was designed by people with no experience designing airports.

???Where did they go wrong???

Now they are talking about reopening Don Muang. DM has NO equipment left. The place was left bared as equipment was moved out to the new airport. Nothing else remains now. Reopening DM is a pipe dream and it also shows how totally inept and comical the Thai Airport Authority is. DM was never considered for reopening, it's a shell that has had NO up keep or maintenance and has been closed up in the hot and humid Thai weather.

Reopening DM will be yet another Joke.

Want to bet on how much of the electrical inftrstructure has already been stripped out of DM. Runway lights, radios, silly little things like this do actually count.

Just my little drop of Doom and Gloom on the subject of "???Where did they go wrong???

Shamas O'Dognasty

Dinghy
12-30-06, 19:04
Want to bet that since it is a MILITARY serviced airfield, there isn't much gone?

NanaHawk
01-09-07, 17:27
Hopefully I'm not breaking any rule by posting this:

I have a SIM card for my phone that I use when I'm in Cambodia. Unfortunately I forgot to take it with me on my last trip and Cambodian SIM cards have the strange feature that they expire if you do not use them.

I'm hoping someone might be able to assist me in getting some credit added to the card though, being new here, I'm not sure what options we have for making contact.

Can anyone help?

BangBangBang
01-13-07, 06:33
Hello Fellow mongers, traverlers and alike in need for a break from PP.

Anyone interested in riding bikes in the jungle, parks or wherever, away from PP, during Chinese new year festival (week of feb 18th)?

If interested pls PM me.

BBB

Phantomtiger2
01-20-07, 01:02
Hello Fellow mongers, traverlers and alike in need for a break from PP.

Anyone interested in riding bikes in the jungle, parks or wherever, away from PP, during Chinese new year festival (week of feb 18th)?

If interested pls PM me.

BBB

Dont know what area you intend to ride into the jungles but do some research and always ask around (local ex-pats) as many landmines still exist in the woods (offroads).

Also inform your hotel or some friends where you will be going as I once chatted with a bloke had a friend who rode off in the woods on a trail and motocycle chain broke riding thru a pit after a rain storm. Took them 3 days to find him --dehydrated and totally mosquito/ant bitten all over body.

PT

MarkLatham
01-20-07, 07:35
Hopefully I'm not breaking any rule by posting this:

I have a SIM card for my phone that I use when I'm in Cambodia. Unfortunately I forgot to take it with me on my last trip and Cambodian SIM cards have the strange feature that they expire if you do not use them.

I'm hoping someone might be able to assist me in getting some credit added to the card though, being new here, I'm not sure what options we have for making contact.

Can anyone help?I am living in PP and I can help you.What do you want me to do,just buy another card and acativate it or what?

I am writing this as I look athe little phone card shop across the road from the hotel.

ExpatCat
01-20-07, 07:37

BBB

BBB,
I can personally recommend Paeng at Dancing Roads. Look him up and organise a trip. I went from PP to Siem Reap in October. If I hadn't broken my wrist on the second day I'd have enjoyed it a lot more. Great experience though. Interesting temples. An alternative to Dancing Roads is Hidden Cambodia. They also run bike tours around the country.

I echo PhantomTiger 2 though, there are still many land mines around. Saw the signs. Apparently, 100 metres either side of the road are cleared, then you're on your own.

Other alternative, check out the proprietor of California 2 on the riverfront in PP. He's American and has a great deal of knowledge about biking in Cambodia. He's ridden most, if not all of the trails himself. He may be able to put you in touch with like minded bikers. If you go with a tour, you're more likely to have spares and someone who speaks the language. Very useful in remote areas.

Had a good time in Siem Reap, stayed in The Villa, in Siem Reap. Just round the corner from Bar Street. Nice Guest house, don't think it was that expensive, but had reasonable restaurant. Totally GF when I brought back Linda from the Temple Bar in Bar St. I think I paid her $20 for LT.

Good luck and gook biking.

Expatcat

Phantomtiger2
01-20-07, 22:21
BBB,
I can personally recommend Paeng at Dancing Roads. Look him up and organise a trip. I went from PP to Siem Reap in October. If I hadn't broken my wrist on the second day I'd have enjoyed it a lot more.

I echo PhantomTiger 2 though, there are still many land mines around. Saw the signs. Apparently, 100 metres either side of the road are cleared, then you're on your own.

Expatcat

Bummer breaking a wrist on vacation.

Areas around PP should be fine, but some of the out of the way temples I came across well outside of SR still had warning signs near those areas so best be careful.
I would agree that using a knowledgeable guide with a support team is best for motocycle or dirt bike riding in Cambo. But for me, Cambo is not my 1st choice for this activity-----IMO

PT

Phantomtiger2
01-23-07, 22:51
i have reposted info from the los thread:

aviation officials reluctant to renew certificate due to multiple concerns. this friday was supposed to be the day suvarnabhumi airport would have received a permanent aerodrome certificate for meeting safety requirements of the international civil aviation organisation (icao) - but that is not going to happen.

the interim certificate issued six months ago by the department of civilian aviation (dca) in response to the former government's rush to open the airport for domestic flights on july 29, will expire tomorrow and officials feel uneasy about extending it.

dca director-general chaisak angsuwan said the lack of certification was likely to affect international confidence in thailand's brand new airport, but it was impossible for his agency to issue a permanent certificate amid looming problems such as major cracks on the runway, taxiway and tarmac.

"the best we could do is issue another six-month interim certificate to suvarnabhumi, but i'm not certain if we can do it by this friday because there are a long list of questions for which we are still awaiting answers from the airports of thailand," he said.

chaisak said his agency needed to see a comprehensive plan of how the cracks - reportedly rep001tered around some 100,000 square metres of the airport - would be addressed, as well as other unresolved safety issues such as inadequate lighting and airfield signs.

the thaksin shinawatra government rushed to officially open suvarnabhumi in late september amid criticism from both local and international aviation industry that the airport was not ready. the council for national security, which ousted thaksin 10 days before the opening, said it was too late to change the schedule.

these developments potentially set the stage for the airport to be left in a certification "no-man's land" as thai credibility in regard to ensuring airport safety up to icao standards has suffered a major blow.

"the icao will soon release a list of uncertified airports in the world and it remains to be seen if suvarnabhumi will be on the list," a dca safety official, who asked not to be named, said.

runway and tarmac cracks, which began appearing at the time of the official opening, seemed to be getting worse, said the safety official, and that made it impossible to certify that suvarnabhumi met icao standards.

don't say i never told you so:

pt

Phantomtiger2
01-30-07, 23:28
As promised, I will keep you guys informed as alot of you transit thru BBK airport to Cambodia.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 30, 2007

BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- The taxiways are cracked, the terminal has leaks and some airlines even wonder whether it's safe to fly into Thailand's new international airport.

Bangkok's sleek and modern Suvarnabhumi Airport, which opened to great fanfare in September, was supposed to transform the Thai capital into Southeast Asia's leading air hub. To say it has had a rocky start would be an understatement.

Critics at home have derided the new airport as a national embarrassment and a monument to the alleged corruption of deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Thaksin, whose administration handed out most of the airport's building contracts, was ousted in a coup just days before Suvarnabhumi opened on September 28.

"There is so much bad news about this airport -- and so much that needs to be fixed," said Yodiam Teptaranon, a board member of Airports of Thailand, or AOT, the national airport authority. "Everything seems to be happening all at once. It makes everyone concerned."

Transport Minister Thira Haocharoen recommended on Monday that Bangkok's old and now shuttered Don Muang airport be reopened for domestic flights that do not connect to international routes. The reopening, which is expected to get Cabinet approval next week, would help ease congestion while repairs are made at Suvarnabhumi and could be permanent, he said.

The most urgent problem is cracks on the tarmac. Early last week, airport authorities said that more than 100 cracks were detected in taxiways leading to Suvarnabhumi's two runways. The cracks first emerged about two weeks after the airport opened and have spread to 25 separate locations, said Somchai Sawasdeepon, the airport's general manager.

As a result, planes are unable to use 11 out of 51 air bridges for boarding aircraft, causing inconvenience to passengers who are shuttled by bus to and from their planes.

Thira, the transport minister, admitted last week that "some airlines have concerns" about the airport's safety.

Thailand's Department of Civil Aviation decided on Friday to hold off on renewing the airport's international safety certificate, known as its Aerodrome Certificate, because needed repairs to taxiways were not yet finished. The airport can continue to operate without the license.

"You're beginning to see the evidence of Thaksin's wrongdoing in this -- our mother of all airports," he told a gathering of foreign journalists on Monday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as I warned you guys last year,
Be prepared to use the old Don Muang airport again in the near future.(so far for domestic flights only but who knows as the old airport may remain open permanently.)

Cheers.

PT

Phantomtiger2
02-07-07, 18:14
AMORNRAT MAHITTHIROOK

The board of Airports of Thailand Plc yesterday approved the use of Don Muang for domestic flights with no international connections and set March 15 as the possible date for the relaunch of services at the old airport.

It targeted March 15 for the resumption of regular services for Don Muang, which was closed on Sept 28, when the country's main airport moved to Suvarnabhumi.

The March 15 date was set to allow sufficient time to prepare for an expected surge in air travel to the provinces during the Songkran holiday.

Sources in the Airports of Thailand (AoT) board said its president Chotisak Asapaviriya told the meeting that the March 15 move was possible. However, he told reporters afterwards that he could not guarantee complete success.

Airlines with domestic services _THAI, Nok Air, Thai AirAsia and One-Two-Go have supported yesterday's decision.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will try to keep you guys informed of any more news or changes.
Suggest you check ahead and plan travel accordingly.

Cheers

PT

Etard
06-01-07, 11:53
Ok, I just want to know the rough price to fly from BKK to PP round trip.

And if there are any websites that I can book flights from. Or if its even worth it, I mean or should I just land and book a flight over the counter?

Any info will be greatly apperciated.

This is my first time planning a hobbiest trip, I know its not for another 8months but I already have jitters thiking about it.

Cheers,

Domonic

Forever69
06-01-07, 22:18
Check both Bangkok Air and Air Asia online for the best price. It should be about 4000 bt- roundtrip

Air Asia flies in the morning. BKK Air in the evening.

Etard
06-02-07, 14:06
Dude, you have know idea how much that helped, I kept getting the same time, but now I'll land at 10:50pm and hope on the 7am flight....YAY! I get a few hours to get stuck into some Bangkok poon! YAY! That makes me really happy.

Cheers

Azn Playa
06-05-07, 13:08
Dude, you have know idea how much that helped, I kept getting the same time, but now I'll land at 10:50pm and hope on the 7am flight....YAY! I get a few hours to get stuck into some Bangkok poon! YAY! That makes me really happy.

CheersOnce you have your bags and catch a cab to the city it will be midnight.

This will give you about 4-5 hours to find a girl, get a ST room, fuck her and then get back to the airport to make your flight.

Achieving this after a flight from canada then flying to PP on no sleep?

Not forgetting how much $$ you will blow.

Good luck.

Saibb
06-05-07, 22:20
Arriving around the same time in Oct. but, plan on staying a couple of days at a guesthouse near the airport. 10 bucks a night. Not sure about the entertainment around Bangpli, but figgured I'd chill out before heading to Phnom Penh.

Later,

SB

Saibb
06-06-07, 15:39
Just wondering if they still have that taxi booth outside of the new airport like the one they had at Don Muang? It was kind of funny to see a long line of tourist waiting for the rip off cabs while the cheap taxi booth was a walk right up and go. Knowledge is power.

Later, SB

Etard
06-20-07, 21:12
Anyone gonna be in PP in January - Febuary to perhaps meet up and share a drink and a happy pizza?

Retgilpo
07-11-07, 22:00
I try to get from Koh Kong to Poipet in November with public transport.

Is there anything of a chickenfarm in Poipet?

Is there any direct transport from Sihanoukville to Poipet (not over Phnom Pehn - then I prefer a way through Thailand and then again avoiding Bangkok if possible)

Fast Eddie 48
07-14-07, 08:07
I try to get from Koh Kong to Poipet in November with public transport.

Is there anything of a chickenfarm in Poipet?

Is there any direct transport from Sihanoukville to Poipet (not over Phnom Pehn - then I prefer a way through Thailand and then again avoiding Bangkok if possible)To Retgilpo

What you are asking don't make no sense I think you have too many slice of happy pizza at PP , why the hell you want to leave cambodia border and enter again from Thailand , the best way to go to poipet is from Bangkok have the most bus , if you go from Sihanoukiville it will take forever and the brothel in Poipet is cleaner and better than Sihanoukville.

Fast eddie 48

Prince Harry
07-15-07, 12:34
Why would anyone want to go to poipet?

Fast Eddie 48
07-15-07, 23:17
Why would anyone want to go to poipet?To Prince Harry,

Gambling ,Gambling ,and more Gambling is the only reason to go there ,I went there for a day 2 yr ago p4p is more expensive than other area in Cambodia ,the people and casino dealer are not friendly at all like the casino in Las Vegas but there is a few nice massage place and ktv in town for the high roller.

Fast eddie 48

Cam Bodia
07-19-07, 23:19
We will be in Phnom Penh arriving 29th August.

Is anybody gonna be there then?

Lost Johnny
07-22-07, 16:12
I am thinking about going to Kampot in the late fall this year. Does anyone have info about PfP in Kampot or surrounding areas?

LJB

Thomrn10
07-23-07, 09:57
I stayed at Boray Bokor Hotel for 4 nights last November. It's a quiet little town that folds up at dark. There are some tourist things to do there but pfp was limited to asking the woman at the desk to send someone up for a massage. I also used the bellboy to get a few women. Short time was 15$ and if I didn't like what knocked on my door, they would send someone else.

Overall, it was not much a place for a monger especially coming from Sihanoukville or Phnom Penh.

JesseJames
07-24-07, 05:28
Just wondering if they still have that taxi booth outside of the new airport like the one they had at Don Muang? It was kind of funny to see a long line of tourist waiting for the rip off cabs while the cheap taxi booth was a walk right up and go. Knowledge is power.

Later, SBThe fare is $7, unless you want to pile onto the back of a moto, like a jerkoff, with your luggage, for $2, for the 20-30 minute ride.

Saibb
07-26-07, 02:56
The fare is $7, unless you want to pile onto the back of a moto, like a jerkoff, with your luggage, for $2, for the 20-30 minute ride.I'm guessing your $7 ride is to Bangkok. Some ppl are going to Pattaya. I'm heading to Bangpli. 200 baht sounds about right to me.

Later, SB

SoftLover
08-05-07, 04:05
Hi,

I'm leaving for Thailand August 24th and coming to Cambodia in September for a month long pleasure holiday. I'the like to know where the best place in Sihanoukville is in terms of 'action' and to find a cheap guesthouse. Is there a bus that goes from Pattaya to Sihanoukville?You will easily find travel agencies in Pattaya that sell you tickets all the way to Sihanoukville by bus/minibus. Alternatively, you can go back up to Chonbury to catch a public bus to Trat bus terminal from where you take a minibus to Had Lek, the border town to Cambodia. Walk across the border, get your stamps and visa (keep a passport photo and a 20USD bill handy and insist that you won't pay more), then get a moto or tuktuk to Koh Kong, sleep in the really ASEAN Hotel across from the harbor and take the 25$ bullet boat at 8:00 the next day. Adventurous, but perfectly (un)safe and a lot of fun.

I'm too much of a cheapa$$ to pay for plane tickets. I'm taking about $100 a day to spend. Do you think I can find a hoe, get smashed and stoned every day on that amount?You're loaded! Get yourself a deluxe room for 27$ at the Golden Sands Hotel near Ocheauteal beach, a couple of meals at top French restaurants and you still have more than you need to drink and cavort all night long. With some luck, they will sell you a beautiful 40 USD hooker at the nearby Cobra Guest house which is usually reserved for rich Chinese Khmer. If you'd like to sleep close to the girlie bars on Victory Hill, there is the Marina Hotel, quite comfortable with 12 USD for the best room. Hope I won't meet you, but welcome to crazy Sihanoukville!

Mega
08-06-07, 18:27
Get yourself a deluxe room for 27$ at the Golden Sands Hotel near Ocheauteal beach, !
Hi,
That USD27.00 deluxe room at Golden Sands Hotel is the walk-in rate ?
Or need to do some research in the net?
Thank

Dinghy
08-07-07, 00:13
Just so you understand about transport to Cambodia - Pattaya to Trat is easiest by arranged mini-bus (there are - were anyway - some agencies offering a visa run to the border leaving at about 6am or so.) The problem is that you need to overnight in either Trat or KK to get out in the AM the next day by boat or minibus to Snooky or PP. The car trip to PP took 7 hours mid-May - dry roads.

Go look at "talesofasia.com" for overland trip reports. Bus ride is $20, boat is the same.

I'm not too fond of the boats in rough weather and buses don't sink (but the ferry crossings might scare you based on the "equipment")

You want advice? FLY - yes it's a bit more (about $65 total plus transport to Suwanaphoum) but it takes 1 hour, no hot (AC is less than dependable) mini-bus, direct arrival into PP, and buses available at the airport on the road (If you know how to catch one) for $7 to 10. Visa is $20 with no hassle for "more". For the ride back, the plane leaves at 9am and gets back in at 10 or so - the Pattaya bus leaves from the airport about 11 and you are back into Pattaya at about 1300 or so. You want "adventure" - go the overland/overwater route.

You want "ease"? FLY

Golden sands was $27 walk-up in May. Depends on whether you want to be near the beach or near the action downtown. With the stoppage of renting your own bike (you COULD rent a "pedal bike", though) transport is getting a bit more expensive.

Mega
08-07-07, 11:22
Thanks Dinghy.

Which Hotel would you recommend in downtown? I 've never been there before.

Dinghy
08-07-07, 17:16
PP? Tough call - for right by the water riverside action plus some in house talent - DV8 (check website for prices) maybe, otherwise I've been satisfied at Chip Lay $13 street 51 (next to Walkabout - which is also OK but far from the river - chiplay had a lift which makes a difference to me - also in house massage. Walkabout has some steep stairs but a lot of on-site activity - just go right upstairs if you stay there) Flamingo is OK, but higher price $20 (closer to walkabout), Superstar is on 172 but never tried it. Stayed at Royal Hiness $10 (172) a couple of times.

I haven't tried any of the "higher priced" places - but some of them look OK from the outside, don't know about price - I'm just staying in the cheap sleeps.

Snooky - Freedom is OK (downtown) - depends on what you want - remember, the layout is that the BEACH is quite a ways from downtown, Victory monument places are closer to the beach but room quality in most places is a bit lacking (cheap though)

YMMV

SoftLover
08-07-07, 22:04
.... buses available at the airport on the road (If you know how to catch one) for $7 to 10 ...Would you mind telling us how to do this? Just stand at the roadside opposite to the airport terminal and flag down a bus coming your way? I usually take a moto or tuktuk outside the terminal area to go to the Sorya bus terminal at Psar Thmey. If worst comes to worst I can still get a cab from there, and I never pay more than 30 USD because of the competition.

Waiting at the airport would be acceptable knowing the timetables. Do you know them?

The bus is definitely the way to go to get out of Cambodia from Sihanoukville. They will stop right in front of the airport for you.

Puchaidi
08-13-07, 12:13
I will be in PP on August 29.

Ready to go Sophie Club with you.

Jaimito Cartero
08-23-07, 21:44
I've posted this in the Ecuador thread, but I booked some nights in PNH, so I thought I'd pass it on. If you'd like a decent hotel, at about $11 a night, Orbitz has an international hotel coupon that takes $200 off your room, for bookings of 5 nights or more.

I booked 5 nights at Mittapheap for $55.55 total.

www.orbitz.com

Use promo code 200INTL. Or they have a $75 off 3 days, 75INTL

I think this code will work worldwide, but probably not for hotels in the US.

Lazy Lover
08-23-07, 22:40
Thanks for the orbitz promo code info!

Do you think Mittapheap Hotel is girl friendly?

Anyone know anything about this hotel?

Lazy Lover
08-23-07, 22:58
I googled Mittapheap and got mixed reviews,,especially negative regarding an online booking.

Anyone stayed there?

Is it girl-friendly?

Mega
08-24-07, 04:27
i googled mittapheap and got mixed reviews,,especially negative regarding an online booking.

anyone stayed there?

is it girl-friendly?

if you are looking at mittapheap hotel, pp. it is girl-friendly the last time i stay there. they even call the room when the girl leave the hotel.
this hotel is not three star as state, i give it a star at the most.
free and slow internet at the lobby beside the elevator, massage palour beside the lobby reception counter.
walk in rate is usd25 for standard room.

Siam Beach
08-31-07, 21:28
I've posted this in the Ecuador thread, but I booked some nights in PNH, so I thought I'd pass it on. If you'd like a decent hotel, at about $11 a night, Orbitz has an international hotel coupon that takes $200 off your room, for bookings of 5 nights or more.

I booked 5 nights at Mittapheap for $55.55 total.

www.orbitz.com

Use promo code 200INTL. Or they have a $75 off 3 days, 75INTL

I think this code will work worldwide, but probably not for hotels in the US.I used the Orbitz $200 off coupon and got a nice hotel for 5 nights in Saigon for $87 total, including breakfast and all taxes.

Thanks,

Jaimito

Aussie Barang
09-01-07, 16:39
Anyone want to have a beer and a swing through all the regular places. Plus a few others I know about, pm me. I fit, 30-ish and popular with the ladies! Happy pizza, m-80 energy drink, a wad of cash and a bar full of girls are all I need!

The girls don't know what's coming. But they are going to enjoy it!

Dronil
10-07-07, 06:16
Anybody like to join me for a 2 week trip to Phnom Penh next November 2008?

I've been there a few times before and can guarantee that you will find a really good girl every night for no more than $10US for a couple of hours and I know a girl friendly major hotel in the middle of the action.

I prefer a good hotel and would be willing to share more than half of the price for a room - say about $50 per night from me and $35 from you.

We could have 4 somes swapping females during the action plus visits to bj bars - in fact just about anything you can imagine is available for a minute price by most western standards.

Let me know if you are interested. There is plenty of time to plan.

Jazzy Daddy
10-31-07, 23:35
Too bad I'll be there in March '08...

I used the Orbitz $200 off coupon and got a nice hotel for 5 nights in Saigon for $87 total, including breakfast and all taxes.

Thanks,

Jaimito

Yeadon563
11-11-07, 18:17
Anyone know about this hotel Holiday Villa Phnom Penh? Been looking for a safe place to do what we do. I can get a flight and 8days at this hotel for only 1598 according to airgorilla.com.

I don't really want to go at the time for the deal. I hear it is best to go in Nov when the heat is not so bad.

Yeadon563

Cheap Meat
11-14-07, 10:29
I stayed at the angkor international hotel near the riverfront last time. It was $10 a night for an a/c double. Pretty good value and a good location. But I was wondering if there are any other good hotels like it in the area.

Thanks

Johnson45
11-15-07, 03:46
I just moved to Pattaya and I loved sihnoukville last time I was there.

Is there a border crossing I can use to go from pattaya to sihnoukville that is south of Poipet?

What is the quickest ground route from Pattaya to sihnoukville?

Dinghy
11-15-07, 05:34
go look at the Travel in Thailand thread

Bill9040
11-15-07, 18:53
I am a regular in Bangkok but have only been to Sihnoukville one time. Where is the best drinkers bar, near the Small Hotel, and down on the beach?

The best ladies bar?

Any help will be be appreciated and if you are in Sihnoukvillee the 1st week of December the first round is on me and my friends.

Eberhard
12-11-07, 22:35
Hi all,

I will be in Siam reap between Xmas and New Years Eve. Any members there?
It will be my first time in Cambodia and as a newbie I could need some help.

Best,

Eberhard

Fast Eddie 48
12-11-07, 23:37
I just moved to Pattaya and I loved sihnoukville last time I was there.

Is there a border crossing I can use to go from pattaya to sihnoukville that is south of Poipet?

What is the quickest ground route from Pattaya to sihnoukville?Johnson 45,
Many travel agent in pattaya offer visa run to koh kong on a mini van take about 5 hr , this is your best bet since you are a newbie after you cross the border take the fast boat to sihnoukville take about 4 hrs .

Fast eddie 48

RetiredForever
12-12-07, 08:10
Hi all,

I will be in Siam reap between Xmas and New Years Eve. Any members there?
It will be my first time in Cambodia and as a newbie I could need some help.

Best,

EberhardI will be in SR DEc 14 until at least Jan 1 then probably 1 week PP then 1 week Snooky. If want to get went me PM me.

Robarts
12-13-07, 08:05
Hi All. Will be in PP for the third time in recent years for a week arriving 24/01/08. Staying at Flamingos and hoping to catch up with some of you for a beer or twenty. I am Australian, 34 years old and enjoy a beer, a laugh and a "root". Let me know if you will be in PP at the same time.

Redfield10
12-15-07, 19:17
Can anyone tell me the best flight to take from Siem Reap to PP and which airlines fly that way? I've done some searches, but all I see is Siem Reap airlines. There must be others. Doing that in Feb.

Thanks

RetiredForever
12-19-07, 09:52
Can anyone tell me the best flight to take from Siem Reap to PP and which airlines fly that way? I've done some searches, but all I see is Siem Reap airlines. There must be others. Doing that in Feb.

Thanks
Was just at travel agency in SR today. They told me about $80. Can take bus for about $10 takes about 6 hours.

Shamas
12-20-07, 00:33
Was just at travel agency in SR today. They told me about $80. Can take bus for about $10 takes about 6 hours.

JMHO, the short hop on the plane beats the bus. BUT then I never took the bus. If money is a concern and you have the extra time, the bus wins.

You can look at Canby Publication and Tales of Asia. Both have extensive travel info on Cambo land. One of them also has a complete listing of all flights Cambo ways, both local and international.

I've used Bangkok air and their web site plus their local offices, got some great deals from them. I did BKK to PP to SR back to BKK for under $200 and the 1st leg was business class.

Shamas O'D

Dinghy
12-20-07, 22:12
First off, check "talesofasia.com" for trip reports. (a couple of those are mine)

You won't get there in ONE day - you will overnight either in TRAT or KK. The boat leaves at 8am. You can't get to KK from Pattaya that early (like it or not, nobody leaves at 2am unless you take a taxi) Then with the morning rush INTO Cambodia, you would probably make it.

You CAN take a minibus from KK to either SV or PP for $20 - leaves at 9am. TWO of the ferry crossings are probably open by now so it might take 5 hours (maybe less - the trip time was consumed by the ferry waits and was 9am depart KK - arr PP 3:45 at the bus station at the central market). There are 2 advantages to coming in overland (not by the boat) - first you get dropped downtown (which is likely where you want to be anyway); second - I'm not too fond of the boat - inside it's about as big as a 737 and about as cramped. Depending on the "ride" you could get seasick (those were intended as river ferries, not open water transport. Even though you will be in somewhat sheltered waters, it can and does get rough. The advantage is also that they only make 1 stop and take about 4 to 4.5 hours for the trip

Your choice. Either way you will need to deal with the transport into KK from the border crossing - about 7 miles if you like to walk (you CAN hike it BTW - just not much to see) and a 1000 Reil bridge fee (might be less for foot trafic - it's 1000 for a moto)

Your choice. Flying is LOTS easier but costs a bit more and you still need to get to the airport for either a 7am or 4pm (IIRC) departure (air-asia) but then you need to get to SV overland anyway ($10 or so by bus) I tend to fly in and overland out, but I'm stopping in the southeast (Chant) anyway so the trip makes sense that way to me. One thing you also need to remember is that the visa runs seem to go to Paillin now so you won't GET to KK

Thomrn10
12-24-07, 07:40
Fellow traveler/mongers,

I will be arriving in PP around January 24th and plan 10 days between there and Siam Reap. If someone would like to hook up for some or part of the trip let me know by dropping a line. If not, safe travels.

RetiredForever
12-25-07, 06:31
you can take a high speed boat from siem reap to pp for about $25. takes 4 hours. suggest it as an alternative to bus since views are supposed to be pretty good. sounds more interesting than flying. will probably do myself when i leave here. was talking to doug here at golden orange and he can arrange. they pick you up at hotel and take you to boat. imagine same can be done from pp to sr.

Redfield10
12-27-07, 05:34
I am taking a quick trip to Thailand and Cambodia. I was just in Thailand in Nov, but have never been to Cambodia.

I am using BKK as a base and will spend the first two night there. Then I will travel to Siem Reap and spend two nights there (Feb. 11th and 12th). Flying to PP on Feb. 13th and staying two nights at the California II hotel (Feb. 13th and 14th). Flying out later on the 15th. Spending the nights of the 15th, 16th, and 17th back in BKK. Flying out mid-afternoon on the 18th.

Will any of you be "around" those parts and are you interested in hanging out some? I could use some guidance in PP and maybe Siem Reap as I've not been there. (SR I will be seeing Angkor of course, but there's the "whole" evening! ).

Qiao Han
12-29-07, 16:23
Fellow traveler/mongers,
I will be arriving in PP around January 24th and plan 10 days between there and Siam Reap. If someone would like to hook up for some or part of the trip let me know by dropping a line. If not, safe travels.
I'm an American making my second trip to PP for a week around 26th and staying at Lyon D'or near riverfront . Glad to meet you for a beer

Gagoo
01-09-08, 15:16
Myself (Wild and Crazy American) and a Canadian friend will be in Phnom Penh 11 January and then make our way to Siem Reap 12 and 13 January, then go back to Phnom Penh on 14 Jan. We'd be glad to meet anyone with some experience here as we have both never been to Cambodia before.

Cam Bodia
01-16-08, 00:10
Hi there,

The wife and I are going back to phnom penh 21st March is anybody around at that time we would love to meet up with any of you fellow mongers.

Hollow Man
01-16-08, 01:22
OK. I will be arriving in Phnom Penh on Feb 13th 2008. If anyone needs me to show them around it's no prob. Just PM me.

Handybloke
01-16-08, 11:25
Has any one done this trip I am intending to do this probably in mid/late January. I know I need visa for vietnam which is available in sinoukville. How long does it take and which is the best route. I am also going up to Nha Trang and will fly/return from/to HCMC.

Any recommendations?

Member #3443
01-16-08, 13:14
I plan on being there around the same time. Plan on a week or so in PP and a week or so in Pattaya/Jomtien. Have tickets arriving in BBk on the night of the 15th and return on the 30th of March

Redfield10
01-27-08, 03:48
I'll be in BKK Feb. 9th and 10th. Then Siem Reap 11th and 12th. And PP 13-15th. Then BKK until I leave late afternoon on the 18th.

Anyone wanna hang together, have a beer, or show me around? My first time in PP. I've already made one contact with a guy that will be in PP. But I"m sure we could use more. The more the merrier, right?

PM me.

Redfield10
01-29-08, 05:11
I'll be flying Bangkok Airways from BKK to Siem Reap. I thought I'd read where Bangkok Airways will do a visa. If so, do I get this at BKK or in Siem Reap? If not, I guess I get it when I arrive at the SR airport from BKK?

Thanks.

Member #3443
01-29-08, 10:27
Depending on the country of your citizenship, you can get "Visa on Arrival" once you get to Siem Reap.

The Skinner
02-05-08, 04:26
I'll be in BKK Feb. 9th and 10th. Then Siem Reap 11th and 12th. And PP 13-15th. Then BKK until I leave late afternoon on the 18th.

Anyone wanna hang together, have a beer, or show me around? My first time in PP. I've already made one contact with a guy that will be in PP. But I"m sure we could use more. The more the merrier, right?

PM me.Hi,

This is my first post here. Be gentle!

I'm going to be in PP from about the 11th or 12th until the 15th (HK and BKK before that.)

It'll be my second visit to PP, and I'd be very interested

a) In arranging a local driver and

b) Teaming up with a few wing men for beers and evenings out!

Last time out (two years back), I had a great driver who used to advertise his services on a bulletin board about Cambo punting that appears no longer to exist. Asiaforum or something.

Anyhow, he was fantastic, took me and this large American dude all over town, down the Sois for some very down and dirty in grotty but incredibly cheap brothels for locals, off to a couple of fishbowl type places (not so good - bored, tired Russians with blonde dyed hair for ridiculous amounts of cash and the Viet and Khmers were no better than you'd find in the bars, down the Sois or on the street.)

We rounded the trip off with a night in Sharky's, where I picked up a FL for some LT. She was the highlight, really. Apparently used to work out at Kilometre something out of town. The other girls in Sharky's weren't too happy to see her in the city. "They angry me!" she kept telling me, till I gave her something to chew on!
Anyway, like I said, I scratched the surface before, and now I'm back for more. I'll be travelling on my own, so a bit of company, even for a beer or two, or to catch some food, would be great.

Do I need to subscribe to the forum to make PM arrangements with people, if they were interested in putting up with a smutty minded gentleman for some PP socialising?

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Kenny Rogers
02-21-08, 02:25
I'll be flying Bangkok Airways from BKK to Siem Reap. I thought I'd read where Bangkok Airways will do a visa. If so, do I get this at BKK or in Siem Reap? If not, I guess I get it when I arrive at the SR airport from BKK?

Thanks.You may get it at PNH Airport upon arrival. However, you will have to have 25 USD in cash and a recent passport photo, plus its about one hour waiting.
You can easily get an E-Visa - see link below - payment is via PayPal and they e-mail your visa. You just need to print and put two copies in your passport, much quicker and saves the hassle.

http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/

Beware: This visa is NOT vaild for land border entry via Poipet & alike.

Kenny Rogers
02-21-08, 02:34
Hi folks,

I'm a frequent traveller to Asia. I'll be back for summer holiday in June, spending time in Thailand and arriving in Cambodia on the 3rd of July planning to return to BKK on the 10th or 11th.

I know Phnom Penh rather well but would like to do some motorbike trip, preferably going to Poipet, Siem Reap, Battambang and / or Sihanoukville. I guess a max of two locations will work since motorbike rental is done best in Phnom Penh and bike must be returned there.

Anyone having experience with that and / or interested ?

How big would you estimate the risk going alone (even without touristy attitude and flashing valuables around)?

I'm grateful for any suggestions.

Dinghy
02-21-08, 13:53
unless they changed the visa fee recently, it's $20 and you need a passport photo to give to them

The e-visa is $25 (and you still need the passport photo)

Website link SAYS E-VISA IS VALID FOR POIPET AND KOH KONG

NanaHawk
02-21-08, 17:41
You may get it at PNH Airport upon arrival. However, you will have to have 25 USD in cash and a recent passport photo, plus its about one hour waiting.

Hi Kenny,
I am curious as to whether this is based on recent experience? I have been in and out of Phnom Penh 3x a year for the past 8 years and have never experienced an hour's wait; but I have not been thru since January.

I always make sure that I get a seat towards the front of the plane (but always Economy class) and this allows me to ensure I'm at the front of any queue that forms.

Leave the queuing to the uninitiated and all readers of ISG use the approach to the arrivals lounge to stretch your legs a little quicker than usual.

Hawk

Kenny Rogers
02-24-08, 00:01
unless they changed the visa fee recently, it's $20 and you need a passport photo to give to them

The e-visa is $25 (and you still need the passport photo)

Website link SAYS E-VISA IS VALID FOR POIPET AND KOH KONGWhoops. Ok. I remembered that there were some exclusions, this may have changed.

And right, Visa was 20 $, single-Entry. Multiple entry is 25 or 30, not sure.

I used e-visa last November and WOULD have been out of the airport in 20 minutes, however they lost my baggage (filing a claim took considerable time). Both in July 07 and December 06 the visa arrangements took me about 60 to 75 minutes, but these may have been isolated incidents.

No one planning a trip to PNH this coming July ? :-)

Southbound69
02-26-08, 04:57
[QUOTE=Kenny Rogers]You may get it at PNH Airport upon arrival. However, you will have to have 25 USD in cash and a recent passport photo, plus its about one hour waiting.

You can easily get an E-Visa. See link below. Payment is via PayPal and they e-mail your visa. You just need to print and put two copies in your passport, much quicker and saves the hassle.

A couple of questions about the visas. First, I understand you need to print the visas and put two copies in your passport. Do they just staple them in? I don't like the fact that the regular visas take up a whole passport page as it quickly fills your passport. Secondly, can you get a multiple entry visa at the airport or just single entry visa? The E-Visa website says that there are no multi entry visas available via email. You can only buy 2 separate visas.

My goal is to take up as little space in my passport as possible as I will be making many trips into Cambodia.

Southbound69

==============================================

Greetings Southbound69,

It appears that you inadvertently forgot to correctly place the quote tags in this report. Usually I can fix this sort of thing before it's displayed, but I don't have a clue as to how you intended this report to appear.

The quote tags are simple to use, all you have to do is look for them in the text. Anything that you want to appear in quotes must start with "[quote]" and end with "[/quote ]". Please note the "/" forward slash in the last tag. It's that simple.

In addition, you can preview your report before it's posted, so it's easy to check if you got it right before it's displayed in The Forum.

Thanks,

Jackson

Fast Eddie 48
02-26-08, 22:50
[QUOTE=Kenny Rogers]You may get it at PNH Airport upon arrival. However, you will have to have 25 USD in cash and a recent passport photo, plus its about one hour waiting.

You can easily get an E-Visa. See link below. Payment is via PayPal and they e-mail your visa. You just need to print and put two copies in your passport, much quicker and saves the hassle.

A couple of questions about the visas. First, I understand you need to print the visas and put two copies in your passport. Do they just staple them in? I don't like the fact that the regular visas take up a whole passport page as it quickly fills your passport. Secondly, can you get a multiple entry visa at the airport or just single entry visa? The E-Visa website says that there are no multi entry visas available via email. You can only buy 2 separate visas.

My goal is to take up as little space in my passport as possible as I will be making many trips into Cambodia.

Southbound69Southbound

I been to Phnom penh twice both time got my visa at the airport I hold US passport cost $20 usd for one entry with one passport photo take about 25 min the most and the visa sticker take a whole page of your passport and make sure your passport is valid for the next 90 days .

Fast eddie 48

Kenny Rogers
02-28-08, 01:58
[QUOTE=Southbound69]Southbound

I been to Phnom penh twice both time got my visa at the airport I hold US passport cost $20 usd for one entry with one passport photo take about 25 min the most and the visa sticker take a whole page of your passport and make sure your passport is valid for the next 90 days .

Fast eddie 48True. But I actually agree with not wasting a whole page for the Cambo visa. The two entry/exit stamps take much less space, and the e-visa is just stapled in and removed upon departure. For those od us who travel frequently for business it may be a good idea not to flash around a passport half filled with Cambo visas if one doesn't have business there. If you plan to return every 8 to 12 weeks then the multi-entry business visa is a better idea.

I have to hand in passport copies frequently to my corporate accounting to support re-imbursement of visa costs and I certainly don't want them to focus on my personal travels.

However: To each his own ;-).

Lazy Lover
04-03-08, 00:41
Been there, done that, gonna do it again. Love the place, Gonna kick it up to street 63, etc this time, got some interesting leads from last year, anyone wanna join me. PM away!

The Lazy Lover

Zackary Kr
05-14-08, 06:48
Hey guys,

I'm gonna be in PP from May 15-17th at least or more depending on the conditions.

If anybody interested in joining up there give me a PM.

Thanks!

Gagoo
08-14-08, 05:12
Me and anothe member will be in PP from August 18th to the 23rd.
We would be gald to meet up to share stories or ect ect.

Ukguy
08-19-08, 03:25
Me and anothe member will be in PP from August 18th to the 23rd.
We would be gald to meet up to share stories or ect ect.Hi All,

Me & my friend are visiting PP Visiting PP 4 September 2008 to 14 September 2008 & are looking to meet up with fellow mongerers to share tips in/around PP, visit/taking girls back to our place etc.

We are from the UK.

Cheers

Gagoo
08-19-08, 06:28
Me (American) and my Canadian friend are here in PP for a few more days... Anyone else here want to go out for some drinks and ladies, or even day tour things?

Bold Focker
08-29-08, 08:56
Anyone out there in PP who wants to meet up for beer and discuss hobby please pm me.

I plan to be in PP about 1 week before moving down to the south coast for a few days and then traveling overland back to Pattaya.

Staying at Flamingo's Hotel!

Ah Hia
08-29-08, 20:38
No way to share contacts here.

I'll be in PP from 8th to 10th Sept.

Staying around Wat Phnom area.

Yikes Mike
11-14-08, 22:57
I will be visiting PP for a few days first week of December. Would love to meet anyone from the forum for a few drinks.

Mike

Speed Touch
11-18-08, 00:15
I will be visiting PP for a few days first week of December. Would love to meet anyone from the forum for a few drinks.

Mike

hey yikes, i could be there ...just looking in to flights now. will fly in to bankgkok and travel from there. PM me...

Horned Desi
12-06-08, 18:49
What's up guys - first post. I'm going to Thailand next week (1st trip in 10 years) for 3 weeks. Ive already booked a one-way flight from Bangkok to Phnom Penh so I can gauge if it's the right place to be before I make any commitments to stay longer than I want to.

I was wondering if anyone can give some info on the ganja situation there? I have three priorities - 1. mongering, 2. snapping pictures, and 3. getting stoned! I've heard PP is changing a lot and I don't know what to expect being that I'll be there during the touristy Christmas season. Can one still get Happy Pizza or the happy ingredients while out and about in PP?

Any problems bringing girls back to Amanjaya or The Quay Hotel? I've checked out the Flamingo hotel but I've heard stories that the reservations seem to be a bit spotty here. Besides, I dont mind spending on some luxury as I don't do this often.

Thanks fellas.

Thomrn10
01-10-09, 03:24
Staying at Mandalay Inn. If anyone is around to check out ruins and night life and care to join me, please do.
Safe travels

Cheers

T

Fast Eddie 48
01-10-09, 05:39
What's up guys - first post. I'm going to Thailand next week (1st trip in 10 years) for 3 weeks. Ive already booked a one-way flight from Bangkok to Phnom Penh so I can gauge if it's the right place to be before I make any commitments to stay longer than I want to.

I was wondering if anyone can give some info on the ganja situation there? I have three priorities - 1. mongering, 2. snapping pictures, and 3. getting stoned! I've heard PP is changing a lot and I don't know what to expect being that I'll be there during the touristy Christmas season. Can one still get Happy Pizza or the happy ingredients while out and about in PP?

Any problems bringing girls back to Amanjaya or The Quay Hotel? I've checked out the Flamingo hotel but I've heard stories that the reservations seem to be a bit spotty here. Besides, I dont mind spending on some luxury as I don't do this often.

Thanks fellas.Desi,

I think you forgot one plan is go to jail.

The drug laws are strict here.

No joke, you don't want to spend your vacation in PP jail .

Fast eddie 48

Dinghy
01-14-09, 23:58
could try Asia hotel on monivong otherwise try Walkabout - they might even have the "new" remodeled hotel done (old chiplay hotel). WA had a safe deposit box downstairs but no in room safe. flamingo includes wireless internet in the $25 price and is pretty much across from WA (down a block) and in room safe

GreenBud
01-21-09, 18:14
Desi,

I think you forgot one plan is go to jail.

The drug laws are strict here.

No joke, you don't want to spend your vacation in PP jail.

Fast Eddie 48Desi asked about the ganja laws. The ganja laws are definitely not strict. The policy for the courts is to only prosecute sellers, not the possessors. That is why the you have tourists openly smoking joints in some of the riverside cafes (Ganja was openly sold previously, but because of Western pressures, the government made this compromise; they still want the Western tourists).

Ganja is still available on the pizzas.

You are able to get ganja is some of the cafes (just ask). Moto-dops can get it for you. Walk around the lakeside with the backpackers, and people will ask you if you want something.

Major problem (from a stoners perspective) is that the quality is the weed is horrible.

The hard drug scene is different. Seems to be very available. The cops can arrest you; although if you have money, jail is never an option in Cambodia. Haven't heard of people spending major time in Cambodia for hard drug possession; they probably will just deport you (not positive with the last statement). Be careful with hard drugs; people OD in guest-houses in the lakeside area.

Shadow6491
01-24-09, 12:16
I agree with fast eddie. I woman last week was arrested at the post office mailing drugs such as codine back home.

If the cops or someone wants you arrested it will happen esp if you are breaking the law.

You may or may not be able to buy your way out of trouble. Some people are able to do this straight away other spend a few years in prision before they can buy there way out. Either way it can cost you a lot of money.

This is Asia be descreat and you wont have any problems but do these things out in the open without disregard for other people and you could be in a shit load of trouble.

The one thing that is certain in Cambodia is that nothing is consistant or realiable.

Singlemalt72
03-01-09, 14:32
Well, after a few false starts I now have my flights booked. I'll be landing in Phnom Penh on March 27 for a week of exploration and sampling of the delights.

Looking forward to some fun. Maybe have a few beers with some of the posters here if you are in town.

Drop me a PM and I'll look you up

Cheers

Speed Touch
03-08-09, 21:28
Well, after a few false starts I now have my flights booked. I'll be landing in Phnom Penh on March 27 for a week of exploration and sampling of the delights.

Looking forward to some fun. Maybe have a few beers with some of the posters here if you are in town.

Drop me a PM and I'll look you up

Cheers

hi, i'll be there..but cannot pm you.... can you pm me?

Speed Touch
03-22-09, 09:13
well almost!

I arrive on 25 March and will be around for at least 4/5 nights. Anyone wanna show me the local attractions ;-)

Balongtong
04-07-09, 14:21
1st time in pp on 21/4/09 need info to go to cheapest place or bar for pick up. Any brother can pm me about hotel, bar or girl contact. Thanks in advance. Maybe can joint you long resident in pp for a drink (on me).

Balongtong

Steve 99
04-09-09, 00:05
Any of you monger dogs want to hook up for a beer I'll be in country the following dates:

Siem Reap. Mon April 27th though Thursday April 30th.

Pheom Penn. Friday May 1st through Monday May 4th

PM me here or if you can't PM well don't know. I'm a Cambodia newbie but been most other places.

Thanks

Khs05
04-13-09, 14:51
Will be @ Siem Reap from 7 - 11 May 2009.

First time there and hope to meet fellow ISG members.

PM me if your interested to meet.

Dragonfly22
08-09-09, 16:20
Will be making my first trip to Camby in Oct. 4-7. Decided to stay at the Flamingo just for convenience. Will make the rounds for a few days to get the lay of the land and will report back at the end of the month. Any PP veterans want to guide me or anyone else needing a wingman let me know. Not much of a party animal but want to sample the p4p scene in PP. Thanks in advance.

BurnMax2007
08-20-09, 05:55
Hi,

I will be in Phnom Pehn starting Saturday August 22 for at least a week. Let me know if someone would like to have a drink.

Thanks.

Cam186
08-23-09, 05:38
The hard drug scene is different. Seems to be very available. The cops can arrest you; although if you have money, jail is never an option in Cambodia. Haven't heard of people spending major time in Cambodia for hard drug possession; they probably will just deport you (not positive with the last statement). Be careful with hard drugs; people OD in guest-houses in the lakeside area.They now have laws in america so they can convict people for what they do overseas, even if the country your in doesn't arrest you.

If there is picture's or video of you buying or doing drugs. Can you be convicted in your own country based on that evidence? Say if it was turned over to an NGO or something.

Shadow6491
08-23-09, 12:23
i know of people (barangs) in jail for drug use in Cambodia. They have spent some time there already and it will cost them a fair bit to get out. They have to pay just to be able to live inside. Be very careful with drugs here in Cambodia. esp hard drugs you just dont know the strength of what your taking or even what you may be taking.

The Scout
08-27-09, 11:42
I'm in Phnom Pehn right now if anybody wants to get together for some drinks and fun.

JohnJohnJr2000
09-02-09, 00:06
Greetings Gents,

I'm flying into Siem Reap from Saigon on November 17th for one the night and will leave Nov 18th. I'm checking out the main site but before and afterwards I want to check out the local talent. I have lots of posts on Jackson's USA site but not much on ISG due limited travel. Nevertheless I'm looking for a wing man and general advice where to stay or not to say, etc. PM. I will buy your drinks and food for being my wing man. I have been reading the forum but I can't find the details that I need in the last six months.

Ciao

Dronil
10-06-09, 06:36
I will be staying in good hotels in Shianoukville Nov 18-24th and a top hotel in Phnom Penh Nov 24th -1 Dec.

Anybody like to join me for a party in my room at either place - bring your own girl and we can do swaps etc - and I will provide the booze plus a girl or two myself. Contact me on [Email address deleted by Admin] before 3rd. Nov to make arrangements for contact etc.

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

AlLostInSpace13
12-19-09, 08:26
My last visit to PP was 2 years ago and only lasted for 2 days (I was silly enough to spend 3 days in SR). This time, I plan to stay for a full week in PP. I have been following this forum the past 2 years, so I know what's going on... except that illusive hotel subject. Can someone recommend a nice hotel that's close to action - I mean walking distance.

Thanks mate,
Al

Gorm1
12-19-09, 21:58
My last visit to PP was 2 years ago and only lasted for 2 days (I was silly enough to spend 3 days in SR). This time, I plan to stay for a full week in PP. I have been following this forum the past 2 years, so I know what's going on... except that illusive hotel subject. Can someone recommend a nice hotel that's close to action - I mean walking distance.

Thanks mate,

AlStaying at Flamingo you'e very close. Good anad cheap. I would like to go back too, 2 years ago last time - long time.

Dameon
01-09-10, 01:11
Will be there in early March 2010, planning on chilling there for three weeks or so, any ISG members living there who would like to meet up, would be great, would appreciate your insights on the scene, and your company. Coming from Ko Chang, looking for a soft landing, a friendly face. Please do share any insights you may have. May actually break out the credit card and buy a membership here! Have RTFF, but it is a little slim.

Thanks,

Dameon

Milkweed
01-21-10, 11:36
Hey,
I'm going to Phnom Penh tomorrow. I'll be there for a couple days then take a trip up to Siem Reap. I'm living in HCMC.

Anyone have some inside tips or want to meet up for a beer, please PM me. All I know about Cambodia is what I've read here.

Backtobasics
01-28-10, 06:10
Will be in PP at the end of Feb, and am booked into the Golden Gate hotel. Can anyone confirm if it is girl-friendly?

I know it used to be, but I'd like to know about the current situation.

(I asked in the PP forum a while back, but got no responses. Just asking again here, as perhaps it's more related to travel plans ..)

Tunang0102
03-16-10, 03:39
Hi,

I will be in Phnom Penh in the middle of the July and spend almost one week there. As a newbie (first time newcomer), I just wonder whether there are any good tourguides/taxi drivers available. I mean those guys who really know good places in Cambodia. I can receive PM.

Thanks in advance.

AdHome01
03-16-10, 16:54
Hi,

I will be in Phnom Penh in the middle of the July and spend almost one week there. As a newbie (first time newcomer), I just wonder whether there are any good tourguides/taxi drivers available. I mean those guys who really know good places in Cambodia. I can receive PM.

Thanks in advance.I'd give Saran a call or an email, he's a nice guy and can take care of all your tour needs. He also speaks good English can answer any questions before you arrive. I've used him a few times now and always felt safe and had a great time.

Saran
Phone: [Telephone Number deleted by Admin]
Email: [Email address deleted by Admin]

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove personal telephone numbers in the text. Please do not post personal telephone numbers in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you for this information directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

Policarpa
03-16-10, 16:56
Anyone gonna be in PP beginning April?

Send me a PM if you’d like to meet up with a fellow mongerer.

Poli

BurnMax2007
04-11-10, 12:29
Hi,

I will be in Phnom Penh on Sunday April 11 for about a week or two. Let me know if someone wants to get together for a drink.

Dabboy
04-25-10, 16:22
I will be in Siem Reap or Phnom Penh over April 30th to May 4th.

AlLostInSpace13
05-20-10, 02:15
Well, obviously Thailand is now off anybody's monger list. I compared merchandise between PP & Manila. Manila seems to be more organized, but prices are higher. So I've elected to visit PP again in July for a week.

Martin00
08-10-10, 23:20
I'll be in Siam Reap, PP and Sihanukville in September 2010..

Anyone want to join for some mongering?

Big Gun2006
08-24-10, 15:56
I'll be in Siam Reap, PP and Sihanukville in September 2010..

Anyone want to join for some mongering?Hi,

I'm planning to be there on Sept 9, 10.

Pm

Juju86
08-25-10, 08:05
Ill be in Phnom Penh for the second time from Sept 2-15

Orgasmo
09-15-10, 02:21
I'll be in Bangkok/Siem Reap the first 2 weeks of March 2011. I'm a younger guy (30) and I'm a first timer to both, but I have done my research and have read just about every post on ISG. I'm ready for an adventure and wouldn't mind having a wingman for part of the journey, especially if you are a veteran.

Dboy
10-03-10, 04:41
I'll be in PP and Sihanukville Oct 3-11, 2010. Probably stay at the Flamingo to start. Stayed there 4 years ago. PM me to get together for a drink.

Itsallgoodasia
10-05-10, 02:57
29 year old guy in Siem Reap, PP & Sihanouville for 2 ish wks from the 25th of Oct. Looking for advice/guidance & lots of fun! New to this site so bear with me!

Open to suggestions/drinks etc.

AlLostInSpace13
10-21-10, 03:00
Hello Folks,
I'll be in pp the first half of December. Staying at the Flamingos. PM me if you want to meet up.

Spaceman

Franco Cozzo
11-12-10, 14:21
Hello all, I will be in Phnom Penh from the 15th December, heading back to Bangkok via Siem Reap by the 21st Dec.

PM me if you are around at similar times and want to meet up.

The Scout
12-12-10, 09:55
I'll be in Phnom Penh December 14-18 if anybody wants to meet up.

Mankosuki
01-26-11, 13:21
Anyone planning to go Siem Reap / Angkor area next week? I will be in BKK and go there by bus on January 31. Probably try to see the main touristy stuff within 2 days if possible and go back on February 3 to BKK.

Please message me if you want to meet up. Will be staying near Pub Street area.

Muse Fan
02-21-11, 03:25
Making a change of scenery and I'm going to be in phnom penh by this coming Sat. Night. The plan is to vacation my ass off and then find a job in Ho chi minh teaching english eventually. There's no set date / limit as to how long I'll stay in Cambodia seeing as how I can start looking for work at anytime (Got a lot of flexibility here).

Anyways, I plan on going to Siem Reap and maybe Sihanoukeville sometime while I'm there and hitting the backroads as well.

I'm in my late 20's and just wanted to see if anyone wanted a partner in crime or to hang out with while I'm in the area. PM if you're interested. In any case, I will post any mongering spots and info that I come across.

Laters gents.

Muse Fan
02-21-11, 03:41
I'll be in Bangkok/Siem Reap the first 2 weeks of March 2011. I'm a younger guy (30) and I'm a first timer to both, but I have done my research and have read just about every post on ISG. I'm ready for an adventure and wouldn't mind having a wingman for part of the journey, especially if you are a veteran.Hey bro, not sure if you found a hanging out buddy yet. But if you haven't, I'm going to be out there in phnom penh by Feb 26. I plan on hitting up Siem Reap. If you wan't I can meet you out there, just send me the timeline of when you'll be in.

About me, I'm 29, NOT a veteran (in camby) .1st time visiting, from US born and raised.

Let me know if you want to hang at karekano890 at yahoo. (hardly ever use this one)

Laters.

HenryV
03-09-11, 22:48
Will arrive in PP next week. If you would like me to buy you a beer (or two) so you can tune me into the local surroundings that would be great.

I am 60 years old, but work out vigerously to keep in shape.

Pm me if you are interested.

Jou Zatriani
03-29-11, 14:39
Hi,

Will make my first ever visit to PP in April 13-18 on my way to SIN = Batam (Indonesia) = BKK.

Would be interesting to have a few drinks, couple of rounds of pool, etc with fellow mongers. Just PM me in case you are interested in.

Cheers,

Jou

AlLostInSpace13
05-01-11, 04:31
Also thinking of a side trip to Snooky, if I can find the right hotel.

Spaceman

Tricycle
05-30-11, 16:10
I'll be in SR June 9 and 10 at the Golden Banana. June 10 during the day I will tour the temples but evenings are free for drinks and joint mongering for anyone interested in some company. My background is Canadian / American, in my mid 40s.

Boo Man
06-14-11, 12:50
I am in Siem Reap July 5 to 7, mid 40s, first time in the area, hope to meet a wingman for a beer.

Hatguy
11-24-11, 00:19
I will be in Phnom Penh very early jan 2012. First time visitor. Would be great to have a wingman. I'm mid thirties white Antipodean. Pm me and can go from there. Hopping from bar to bar would be good. I have reservation downtown not far from the center.

Noobmonger
11-24-11, 23:52
I will be in Phnom Penh very early jan 2012. First time visitor. Would be great to have a wingman. I'm mid thirties white Antipodean. Pm me and can go from there. Hopping from bar to bar would be good. I have reservation downtown not far from the center.Me too, have sent you a PM. Anyone else around then?

Hatguy
11-27-11, 12:27
Me too, have sent you a PM. Anyone else around then?Got your pm. Thanks for that. Anyone else around join us and make a gaggle of us. LOL!

AussieGuy100
12-30-11, 06:25
I'm returning to Phnom Penh mid-February for a few months (lucky me). I'm fifty-ish Australian. Looking for any others planning to be out there at the same time, for some intensive bar research! PM me if you're interested.

Joyra
02-11-12, 10:51
I'm returning to Phnom Penh mid-February for a few months (lucky me). I'm fifty-ish Australian. Looking for any others planning to be out there at the same time, for some intensive bar research! PM me if you're interested.Hi,

Sent you a PM.

Cheers!

Noobmonger
04-07-12, 13:55
In Phnom Penh for a week in the first half of May. Anyone else want to meet up?

Joyra
04-15-12, 10:52
Will be in PP on 15th and 16th April 2012.

Would love to meet anyone around there.

Cheers!

Dara Chim
06-15-12, 09:19
Now I'm staying in Phnom Penh! Anyone have idea for some place I should go?

Frankfurter
07-25-12, 08:41
I will be in PNP for a few weeks, starting tomorrow, Thursday 26. I would enjoy hooking up with an Old Hand, chat a bit and have a beer. Anybody?

Decent Fella
08-02-12, 13:30
I will be in PNP for a few weeks, starting tomorrow, Thursday 26. I would enjoy hooking up with an Old Hand, chat a bit and have a beer. Anybody?Hey mate, I am in PP. Long time reader but first time poster. Not an old hand but a novice LOL. Let me know how you have been doing?

Bumbo27
09-15-12, 02:42
Hi there!

I am a German guy who considers to settle down in Cambodia. My first trip to Cambodia to look arround. Any nice girl here to lead me around a bit? Or anybody who can give me a recommendation?

Thanks

Kioansia
10-07-12, 01:17
I will be there.

I'll be in Phnom Penh December 14-18 if anybody wants to meet up.

Thomaszh
10-07-12, 12:08
I'm in Phnom Penh from the 15th Oct. For about a week or ten days. Anyone else there? I like to join up with other member of the forum and organize a few parties. Taking three or four girls to the hotel and have our fun together. Anyone interessted? Just give me a note. By the way. I'm 35, normal figur, educated.

FruitNinja
12-23-12, 16:47
Will be in PP 25-27 Jan.

Siem Reip 29, 30 anyone there for a beer drop me a PM

Ossie
04-01-13, 12:24
Will be in pp from 18-4-13 anyone want to meet up with an old fart and do some bar hopping, this will be my first time in pp so could do with a wing man, pm me.

Hatguy
04-06-13, 03:59
In town now until the 10th. 2nd timer in PP. Kinda like the 104 bars. Anyone around PM me.

Patty Boy
04-25-13, 21:26
I will be in PP from 4/26 to 5/1. Fist timer here. Would love to meet up with any of you here! Just PM me!

Majoo Yuen
05-15-13, 04:51
Hello friends,

I have been in Phnom Penh as an expat for the last six months. I keep myself busy in the Pasteur area, and at the hostess bars.

Now, I want to get to know the local / Asian scene (beer garden, KTV, Khmer disco etc) in Phnom Penh and the viccinities.

So I'd like to meet forum members experienced with these places. I am 36 years old. Not a very big spender, but I appreciate quality when I find it. I can speak and read elementary khmer.

Pinche Gringo
05-27-13, 06:15
Can't wait to get back to Cambodia in a few weeks. Although Cambodia gets a bad rap, I have always had a GREAT time when I am there.

TheNoNamed
08-20-13, 09:29
I will be in PP from 09/11 to 06/10.

I'm in the forties, from Germany and it's my 10th stay in Cambodia.

Looking to meet guys with similar interests to exchange experiences and drink a beer together.

Would like to meet up. Just PM me!

Card Boy
10-18-13, 19:40
I will be in PP from 10/26 to 10/129.

I'm forty, from Germany and a first timer Cambodia / Phnom Penh.

Would like to hang out with a buddy and enjoy the girls scene.

Just PM me

Kenny Rogers
12-21-13, 19:58
Hi folks,

I'll be (finally) back in PP likely last week in January 24th-30th. I'm Swiss. 45. Anyone care to hang out and share tuk-tuk / taxi costs?

I once knew my way around PP pretty well but haven't been there since 2009. Look forward to see whether Martini's and other places are still as I've experienced them.

Does anyone know whether Cyrcee still exists?

Betong
12-22-13, 03:29
Does anyone know whether Cyrcee still exists?Sure, still going strong. Quality isn't much these days though.

Someone0
12-24-13, 07:59
Hi there,

I'll arrive in PP on the 7th of Jan 2014.

Haokool
12-25-13, 20:25
Too bad I am in SR and mongering every night.

Rob Roy
01-07-14, 12:52
Hi there,

I'll arrive in PP on the 7th of Jan 2014.I have also just arrived in PP. Staying in the vecinity of Queen Wood.

BlueTraveler
03-23-14, 22:58
I'll be in PP and Siam Reap towards the end of April. I'd love to meet up with some fellow travelers.

Gajith
04-13-14, 10:23
I will be there in PP and SR by end of April; PM me if anyone like to have a beer or like to monger together.

Thanks / Gajith

Lanthano
04-20-14, 15:23
Hi all,

I'll be in PP first week of may and am looking to meet likeminded travellers for a beer and meetup and hitting the town and nightlife.

Traveler1234
05-04-14, 12:03
Visiting for short biz trip, meeting old friend at Loco bar (Street 130) Monday night. Come by for a drink

Gajith
05-22-14, 15:08
Guys,

I will be there in PP during June 2nd week, please PM me if anyone want to be a wingman or catch up for a beer:!

Thanks / G.

BiziBoy2012
05-31-14, 07:41
VISITING PP AND snookyville, arriving 6th to PP.

Please pm if you wana catch up for a drink.

Cheers! Hapy mongering.

Muzungufotsy
11-08-14, 00:36
I'm in PP for 1 month.

Anybody want to meet for a drink?

Card Boy
11-11-14, 10:37
Who wants to join me for some bar hopping?

Boonmee
02-02-15, 14:49
Will be arriving February 4th and staying till the 10th. Anyone up for a drink?

Card Boy
06-17-15, 23:06
Anyone to share drinks, up for some hunting and partying in Street 104/106 / 136 bars, River Lodge, Pontoon etc. ?

Just PM.

IllusionHeart
08-04-15, 17:14
I am visiting PP for the first time from 15th till 21st August.

PM me in case anyone is interested for a drink and / or bar hopping.

Smily59
11-24-15, 09:49
I will stay at Golden Lion Square in the evening and might move to the beach later. If somebody wants to meet for a drink pm me and we can exchange numbers. BTW I already stayed here before.

ZazzyBrave
12-25-15, 19:59
I am visiting PP for the first time from 27th Dec to 3rd Jan.

Anyone interested for a drink and / or bar hopping?

Alarm6
01-04-16, 08:40
Can you recommend a tuktuk driver / mongering guide in SR? Seems much harder to find the best opportunities in SR than in PP.

Cc420
01-23-16, 03:41
Hello Gents,

I will be in Siem Reap for the first time 2/14-19. I would love to meet up with someone that can show me the ropes. I'm happy to buy drinks etc.

43 yo from Nor Cal.

Thanks in advance!

Notsh
04-06-16, 01:43
Hey gents,

I will be in Cambodia 04-13-30 for my first time.

If someone will meet up, just let me know.

Will be in Siem Reap, PP, Sihanoukville etc and looking for some action.

29 from Germany.

Thanks in advance.

Kenny Rogers
04-12-16, 22:31
Hi folks,

Got to be back in PP April 24th until May 8th, unless I'll sneak over to SiemReap or Snooky for a few days. Anyone want to meet up for a beer and some exchange, hit me up by PM.

Cheers, Kenny.

Clear Water
04-25-16, 17:56
First time to Cambodia.

So start off in PP and then maybe go SihanoukVille.

I'm a bit of a poker player and gamble so will go to all the Casinos and poker rooms on my travels.

Also scout in what is avail free in Comp Rooms in each establishment.

DingoD
04-26-16, 15:17
G'day mate-I'll be in PP for 3 weeks from 4 May after a week in southern Thailand, drop me a message or PM me and happy to have a beer with a fellow Aussie and share some of my 10 years experience of visiting Cambodia!

Cheers.

First time to Cambodia.

I'm a bit of a poker player and gamble so will go to all the Casinos and poker rooms on my travels.

Also scout in what is avail free in Comp Rooms in each establishment.

KevKupe
04-28-16, 05:57
Hi guys,

Just need a helping hand to make my first steps ever as a farang in S-E Asia.

I'll be in PP tonight and tomorrow!

First beers for me.

See ya.

Aussie Fella
04-30-16, 09:23
First time to Cambodia.

Also scout in what is avail free in Comp Rooms in each establishment.Looking forward to catching up with you down here in Snooky.

Jens1974
05-14-16, 17:35
Hi,

I am going to PP for 4 days so send a PM if you want to show me the most dirty crazy places in town.

===============================================

Greetings,

It appears from your post that you don't quite understand the Forum's Private Message service.

To use the Forum's Private Message service, both you and the Forum Member you are trying to contact must be either a subscriber or a Senior Member.

For more information, please read: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/ISG_Payments.php

If you cannot afford $20 dollars to buy a subscription, then perhaps you can convince another forum member to purchase a subscription for you.

Jackson

YellowPaul
05-20-16, 17:15
June 8-12 - send me PM if anybody is around during that time.

LoungeDog45
05-27-16, 22:04
I am going to be in P P from the 5th of August and was wondering if any like minded 55 year old will be there at the same time I would like to have a beer and a chat hang out maybe with someone and get the local boss. I am then going to Siem reap for a few days. Let me know. My first time in P P I can accept P M.

FictionalSpace
06-10-16, 15:17
Will be arriving in Siem Reap (very, very) early morning on June 16th and departing (very, very) early morning on June 19th. Intending to relax, see the temples, and survey the scene. Down to meet for a beer or three. Late 20's, normal dude.

Cambodia2016
06-17-16, 22:50
I will be arriving on 29th June. Loco bar looks good. What is the best place to pick up a girl 18-25? Looking for petite and stunning. Thanks for any suggestions.

LoungeDog45
07-25-16, 22:55
I will be arriving on 29th June. Loco bar looks good. What is the best place to pick up a girl 18-25? Looking for petite and stunning. Thanks for any suggestions.I am landing in P. P on the afternoon of the 5th of August, keen to hook up with a fellow single traveler in there mid fifty's someone to have a beer with and check out the bars with.

Cheers.

Aussie Fella
08-25-16, 10:45
I'm going to be arriving in PP on 12th Sept and am planning on spending a few days there before heading down to Snooky for a couple of weeks. If anyone is interested in meeting for a few beers or a barhop, just let me know.

Aussie Fella
09-12-16, 13:05
I'm going to be arriving in PP on 12th Sept and am planning on spending a few days there before heading down to Snooky for a couple of weeks. If anyone is interested in meeting for a few beers or a barhop, just let me know.Work plans have changed so now I'll be arriving on 23 September if anyone's keen for a beer.

Sock111
10-01-16, 06:31
I'll be arriving in PP on Oct 3. If anyone wants to meet up for drinks or bar hopping send me a PM. I'm semi fluent in Khmer. Love how it surprises the girls.

Jamesd77
10-01-16, 09:20
I'll be arriving in PP on Oct 3. If anyone wants to meet up for drinks or bar hopping send me a PM. I'm semi fluent in Khmer. Love how it surprises the girls.I'm currently working in Phnom Penh and have a fairly busy schedule, but would be glad to meet up some time if possible. Feel free to let me know.

Sock111
10-02-16, 01:59
I'm currently working in Phnom Penh and have a fairly busy schedule, but would be glad to meet up some time if possible. Feel free to let me know.Great, I'll contact you when I'm in town.

Sock111
10-03-16, 06:37
Anyone want to meet up and have some beers?

Nazgylg15
12-29-16, 18:42
Hello all,

I will be visiting Cambodia from Jan 21- 29, 2017. I will be in Siem reap (21-25) and in Phnom penh (25-29) . I have figured out most of bar scene in PP but will be much obliged if you any of you (kind souls) could message me wechat / line / tinder ID of semi professional / amateur WG's. I am looking for a partner to accompany me for entire trip (possibly or PP leg or SR leg) and thus want some credible contacts. I am 29 / Indian fairly athletic and decent looking. I have already started looking on my part but could do with some help. Shall pay standard LT rates. Not into any fetishes / fantasies but would like an occasional anal and regular BBJ.

BR,

Nazgyul

Rwaters
02-28-17, 21:27
Will be visiting Phnom Penh for first time March 2-5. If anybody is around would appreciate the companionship.

H.

Sawassdee
03-13-17, 15:47
Hi In PP now for a few days if anyone wants to grab drinks.

KrisMonger
05-04-17, 11:49
Feel free to ping me if you are going to be there -may be we can have a beer and compare mongering notes.

SockBoy50
06-25-17, 03:36
Please PM me with any friendly tips or if you'll be in town. Staying at the Sundance inn. The Phnom Penh girls have been messaging me like crazy on fb. I want to see if what they're saying is true.

Blanquiceleste
09-29-17, 00:47
Wheels up on 18 Oct. Short 4 day trip till 22 Oct.

ScottoD
10-18-17, 12:39
Anyone there now? Will be there the next 3 days, Oct 19-21.

WingMancbe
10-22-17, 08:50
Hello,

I'm visiting Cambodia for business from Nov 10 to Nov 18. Looking forward to meet people in PP to show us around and maybe establish business contacts. PM me.

Sexmachine1
12-22-17, 07:53
My wingman KC and I will be in Phnom Penh from 10-13 Jan. We are from Toronto and veterans of over 20 countries in the last 10 years. If anybody wants to hang out, share stories and drinks, PM me.

Sock111
03-07-18, 09:06
I'll be in PP starting March 25 for 3 days. Let me know if you would like to meet up and share some stories.

Nazgylg15
05-16-18, 21:27
Hello,

I will be in PP from May 31 - Jun 6.

BR,

Nazgyl.

Trafukin
07-11-18, 02:44
Guys,

First timer going in a few months looking for hotel info. Want to be in the area with all the action. Please advise.

SirWilliam4
07-11-18, 18:20
Guys,

First timer going in a few months looking for hotel info. Want to be in the area with all the action. Please advise.Try reading the forum. All the information you seek is all there just waiting for you.

PommyChris
01-16-19, 23:37
Hi guys,

Just letting you know I will be in pp Feb 2-10 if anybody fancy's a beer and laugh. Chris.

LoveVegas
01-31-19, 23:32
Will be right in Pnh April 20th to 28 thh anyone is around that week thanks.

Finkel60
02-14-19, 12:09
[Deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted to remove sections of the report that were largely antagonistic. Please read the Forum FAQ and the Forum's Posting Guidelines for more information. Thank You!

Nazgylg15
07-07-19, 17:05
I will be in PP Jul 31 - Aug6. Recommendations for bar and hostess welcome.

Bibi35
07-14-19, 23:08
I'm going to visit Siem Reap in the first week of August. Hope to be not alone during the nights there.

TJ222
07-16-19, 03:53
PP for about a week starting the 17th.

Axiata
07-17-19, 12:09
In PP from 8th Aug to 12th.

Anyone up for a few bar hops and nightclubs message me.

Happy Hunting.

Taiwan Laowai
11-08-19, 03:41
Anyone in town want to meet up for beers and to trade stories?

Finlayson
12-05-19, 00:16
I will be in PP from Dec 20-28.

I am 40 years old.

Gunners1
09-15-22, 04:20
Greetings Cherubs.

I will be in phnom penh on the 18 Sept.

If anyone is up for a few beers and hop around a few bars let me know. Also if anyone would like to recommend a few places to meet up freelance or semi pro do drop me a direct message.

Tc.

G.

PrincyGsl
09-16-22, 18:49
Visiting Oct. 3rd to 5th siem reap and 5th to 8th Phnom Penh. I am from Hyderabad, India 48 yrs Age. Any one interested to meet me. Message directly.

StillFun
07-30-23, 11:17
Am in PP now for a few days, first mongering here, anyone like to meet up.

Maoser
08-09-23, 00:29
In PP from 17-20 August. 37 years old and quite experienced. I live and work in SE Asia. Would be don't to hang out with like minded.

ThaiNewbie
08-14-23, 03:03
Also there at this time. Keen to join forces, not sure how to get in touch since the forum doesn't allow email addresses.

Last Drop
09-04-23, 15:40
I can speak Khmer but not experienced at all in mongering scene. Looking to have a few buddies for girly bars and maybe some local KTV scene. Of course we're going Dutch in term of bill. State your time and date and I'll try to coordinate. Either we all learning new experiences or some experienced bro can show us the rope.

Fantasys
09-16-23, 06:37
Is there any good activities in riverside for walking girls hook-ups?

HornyHelmet
11-06-23, 19:03
Will be in PP for a few days from 15 - 18 Nov, second time in PP, first mongering here, anyone like to meet up?