PDA

View Full Version : Is Stanley Ho a Serial Antagonist?

Admin
06-22-06, 05:36
Greetings everyone,

While I have not yet established a specific threshold for initiating a Serial Antagonist survey, I've received several complaints from Senior Members and I have reviewed his last several reports, which is enough for me.

Pursuant to the Forum's Serial Antagonist Policy, I am posting this poll to ascertain the Membership's opinion regarding the cumulative reports of Stanley Ho.

You may review the Serial Antagonist Policy at
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-serialantagonists.php

Please remember that this poll will close in 3 days.

Please remember that this poll IS NOT open to new members (registering after today's date). New members (registering after today's date) who vote in this poll will be banned from the Forum immediately and without comment.

In addition to your vote, I would also encourage you to post your comments.

Thanks,

Jackson

Karaoke
06-22-06, 07:10
In his six days of membership, this member has posted three idiodic reports and one that Jackson was forced to remove. He is off to a terrible start and will only get worse. We do not need or want this kind of member.

To find Stanley's reports, click on Search at the top, then on advanced search and type in Stanley Ho. Then click on Search Now button at the bottom of the page.

Karaoke

Blacklisted
06-22-06, 08:42
We don't need these ignorant fools cluttering up our board and insulting super senior members!

AquaSponge1
06-22-06, 10:28
His bad English reminds me of Long CU. Ban the moron.

Levitian
06-22-06, 10:46
I thought he was actually funny.

AG is contributing very actively. People with such a big exposure do attract envy, sometimes also mockery. And, I have to admit, I sometimes also get a little bit annoyed by AG's action reports.
My POV.

Levitian

Moody
06-22-06, 11:06
Who's Stanley Ho??? I've never seen any of his posts.....

Taipei Traveller
06-22-06, 11:29
After only four posts, one of which has been deleted, there is hardly sufficient data to judge, but he does seem to want to take the *[CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140)* out of AG, and i can understand that AG might get upset by it.

I voted not to ban him, at least not yet, but the option i was looking for was not there, which would be not to ban, as he can hardly be considered an serial antagonist after four posts, but give him an enforced cooling off period, with a warning that if the tenor of posts continued, then he would be banned.

just my 2c worth.

Ace Gallant
06-22-06, 11:59
In his first report he was mocking Weelock and the post got removed by Jackson. Than he went on to indirectly and smartly mock me in my CP reports. Indirectly indicating that my reports are BS.

I am least worried about the personal attack part. I am more concern that this guy's information are all false which leads the confusion and mis-understanding that this forum supports false and misleading information especially to newbies. Think of it this way; If a newbie member were to read his post and believe that Guangzhou is full of girls selling their first time at a location which never exist in Guangzhou; they arrived in that location only to find all this information are false, what would you think they will think of this forum? A Bullshit forum.

A lot of members are aware that there are many other forums providing the same wealth of information like ISG. What make this forum different from the rest is Jackson keeps a watchful eye on reports that are damaging to this forum and removing such false information in order not to annoy readers when they find out that such information are false. However if these sort of reports are allowed to continue, the risk factor will increase day by day and very soon, the readership of the forum will reduce day by day. Most important; the fact that regular posters of good information will also reduce as there are no point for them to post good and real information anymore.

His posts are in Dongguan and Guangzhou Threads.

AG

Legal Lad
06-22-06, 12:46
Even if Stanley Ho's are tounge in cheek, or a satire. He is adding nothing to each thread he posts in.

ISG is about members sharing information, not about fantasy stories.

Ban him.

'lad

Unknown One
06-22-06, 13:19
A lot of members are aware that there are many other forums providing the same wealth of information like ISG. What make this forum different from the rest is Jackson keeps a watchful eye on reports that are damaging to this forum and removing such false information in order not to annoy readers when they find out that such information are false.
AG

*Wide eyed and dumbstruck* There....there....there are other forums? I never knew. Then again I have no idea how I ever found this forum in the first place....

Moody
06-22-06, 14:19
Yeah, I found his posts. I realized I didn't even bother to read them cuz they were poorly written and confusing as hell. I think I might be developing adult ADD or something, cuz lately, I have the attention span of a titmouse.

Bnlee2
06-22-06, 16:43
I agreed with others on Asian Gambler side. I would not give this Ho guy the time of day. Ho is a true A-Hole. I say, ban this A ...Hole from the forum all together.

Rtrdengr
06-22-06, 21:14
I took the few minutes to read the reports and consider that they are more tongue in cheek than real reports of anything. If I were AG I wouldn't appreciate the jabs for no good reason.

I don't like that he is attacking what would seem to be reports intending to pass along useful information.

I have found useful information from many areas on ISG and wouldn't want to see the value diluted by too much stuff that is just noise.

If there is a continuation of attacks against members, I would agree that something needs to be done. Just not ready to do that yet.

===============================================

Hi Rtrdengr,

That's essentially how I saw the situation, but after I received approximately 10 complaints, including some suggestions from that some members that they would stop participating in the Forum if I didn't delete everything Stanley Ho ever wrote, I decided it was easier posting the poll that to continue to try to preach patience.

Thanks,

Jackson

Prov1
06-22-06, 23:29
Actually I found his posts quite amusing. It's clear they were meant to be funny as confirmed in his last post. I know, this forum is not meant to be funny. We are supposed to take this mongering stuff serious.....:)

Piper1
06-23-06, 01:32
To find Stanley's reports, click on Search at the top, then on advanced search and type in Stanley Ho. Then click on Search Now button at the bottom of the page.

KaraokeThanks for the instructions. You guys have too much time on your hands. Forget Mr Ho (who is he?) - get out and have some fun.

Tiger 888
06-23-06, 01:50
I follow AGs point of view that such posts must be misleading to newbies who are not yet experienced enough to read between the lines.
Furthermore flaming is unacceptable because we will get a thread of personal attacks rather than information, which is even worse than all those meaningless chit chat posts on the Thai forum.

After reading Jacksons comment to Weelock, I might want to change my poll from being banned to vote for the own thread instead. But he still has the option of returning as another user. Maybe posting should not be among the options of non paying members.

Weelock
06-23-06, 02:11
The problem with being permanently banned is he can just apply for a new account later and appear as different member. A better way I believe there are software to track people when they login onto servers by their IP address. The IP address is always the same unless they are using a DHCP where the IP address usually change after each login. But you can still track the SERVER'S IP address since that part of the IP address doesn’t change. My point is even with a new account, the admin will know it's the same person by same IP address. With the IP people can be tracked better. I’m not a Network Admin and this is above the level of most people. In addition, I'm NOT the greatest writer and being a technical writer is even harder. Most likely he’s long time member and just create this new account to cause some BS and flack.

For being funny and amusing, I thought his first post about me was serious, real and offered constructive comments. At the time, I was wondering why the ISG admin deleted his first post. Later he finally admitted ALL his posts were BS and FALSE. Now I know he was mocking and making fun of me.

Thanks Mr Stanly Ho ( Bill Gates of Asia )

====================================================

Hi Weelock,

Your first sentence illustrates the reason why I don't actually ban Serial Antagonists. Instead I just give them their own section.

Thanks,

Jackson

Javswa
06-23-06, 02:42
I find his posts a waste of time to read as they are pure fantasy. Does not add any value whatsoever, just distraction by antagonizing the real posters.

DayNight
06-23-06, 03:23
Do not feed trolls! If they get no attention they will starve.

See, this is not HIS problem. It's YOUR problem coz YOU react to it and make it a problem.

I don't really care if he's kicked out or not. From the first sentence I know if a report is usefull or not. If not I don't go on.

Tiger 888
06-23-06, 03:32
===============================================

Hi Rtrdengr,

That's essentially how I saw the situation, but after I received approximately 10 complaints, including some suggestions from some members that they would stop participating in the Forum if I didn't delete everything Stanley Ho ever wrote, I decided it was easier posting the poll that to continue to try to preach patience.

Thanks,

JacksonI would not want those posts deleted or moved out of the context for the benefit of experience on bad examples, but I would highly recommend you to mark them as such!

Do not feed trolls! If they get no attention they will starve.
See, this is not HIS problem. It's YOUR problem coz YOU react to it and make it a problem.
I don't really care if he's kicked out or not. From the first sentence I know if a report is usefull or not. If not I don't go on.You know and I know. I was even lucky enough not to have time to read anything at the time he posted. It may still be misleading and waste peoples time by clustering up the thread. So there is nothing wrong with putting someone in the box who has nothing to contribute. You dont put water (or even dirt) into other people's fine wines.

Santa
06-23-06, 04:52
Jackson. Maybe you could put Stanley in the same bed as Long Cu, then they can keep each other happy. :D

Comrade 2255
06-23-06, 10:38
I only saw 2 or 3 of Stanley's posts but what I did read seemed like a mildly amusing and none-too-subtle spoof. I'm guessing one heavy duty contributor here, while helpful and knowledgable, is extremely sensitive to perceived criticism and far too easily offended. But if it's come to the point where that contributor is threatening to take his bat and ball and go home unless Stanley gets the bullet, then I say fire at will!

Additional.
I generally keep to the Photo Gallery and Shanghai sections. Having nothing better to do at the moment I perused the whole Stan Ho saga, and beyond, in the various cities' sections.

Now, at the risk of getting it from every direction (including the moderator for an off-topic point), I have to say I'm a little concerned by some of the posts by Asian Gambler and his longtime personal friend, Japan Man. Is anybody else here seeing sinister undertones within some of the posts of these 2 contributors, as I am?

OldAsiaHand
06-23-06, 14:43
I better put in my two cents before the poll closes. I voted that his posts are provoking, but no action is required.

I find it amusing that anybody actually took the posts seriously. It was obvious to me from the start that he just does not believe AG's reports about virgins and freebies and used a satirical approach to illustrate his POV.

I am a firm believer that everybody is entitled to their opinion regardless of whether we agree with them or not. The question is whether this forum is the appropriate place for the opinion or not.

OAH

Santa
06-23-06, 15:09
To Judge Jackson.

I think there are not enough posts by Mr Ho to find this defendant guilty of "serial antagonism".

Giotto
06-23-06, 16:45
I read the remaining 3 posts, and I think that his posts are provoking, but no action is required. Certainly not after 4 posts (3 still existing).

We had much more serious problems compared to this in the Thailand forum in the past.

Giotto

Rtrdengr
06-23-06, 19:19
[QUOTE=DayNight]Do not feed trolls! If they get no attention they will starve.[QUOTE]

Gualtier Malde
06-24-06, 03:46
Infrequent satire can be a pleasant diversion, and a demonstration of the wit of our members. Constant satire and sarcasm is a distraction, and has no place in such a well run forum.

New members should start with good posts, then flex their fingers on wit when they have established a rapport with the group.

David

Blacklisted
06-24-06, 09:45
Thanks for your generous, thoughtful and timely contributions. Your wealth of excellent information will be sorely missed here.

When you get a life beyond taunting others, come back and see us again.

We are not altogether unforgiving, and as you can see from the results of this poll, until you provide something of use, the vast majority of us will request to have you banned.

We look forward to your return under a new guise. Might I suggest, 'The Vulture', or 'Long CU', or some such name may be appropriate....

Best wishes...

Bnlee2
06-24-06, 17:27
Impersonating the real Stanley Ho would earn you greater consequences. The real Stanley Ho do not resort to this type type of criticism. If he finds out about you, you will be in greater trouble.

Try to be a bit more civilize when in the company of others and learn how to behave like an adult. Now go to your room. No Dinner tonight.

SidTheSexist
06-29-06, 07:12
New members should start with good posts, then flex their fingers on wit when they have established a rapport with the group.David
This should be in Reports of Distinction

Digital Curry
07-19-06, 16:41
Who is Stanley Ho? Could you show me examples of his writing? I am curious.

Jp123
07-20-06, 05:43
I thought he was actually funny.

AG is contributing very actively. And, I have to admit, I sometimes also get a little bit annoyed by AG's action reports.I don't quite understand why does AG's success bothers you. He's doing everyone on the forum a service by posting experiences.

Alex Rock
07-31-06, 20:56
Something tells me he is. It the style some Singporeans learn. He's a very insecure guy and probably doesn't have many friends

Man Europe
09-11-06, 01:18
[QUOTE=DayNight]Do not feed trolls! If they get no attention they will starve.[QUOTE]