PDA

View Full Version : Cartagena Hotels and Rental Apartments

Pages : [1] 2

Admin
01-01-06, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Xion149
07-11-06, 14:08
Has anyone been able to pin down the exact dates of events? I plan on attending this November. I've heard the CTG Hilton or the tourism bureau might have info, I'm gonna grab a spanish-speaking friend and see if I can make a few calls today.

The Hilton is booked solid, dammit.

Does anyone have information on luxury accomodations in CTG? Last time I stayed at the "penthouse" in the conquistador building, what a goddamn dump. I'm looking for something more along the lines of the Hilton, or at least with more than a trickle of hot water. Any info appreciated, thanks.

Tom 33
07-11-06, 19:38
The pageant runs from Nov. 1 to 13.

See http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/index.htm for apartments. They are all good places.

Dogman2
07-11-06, 23:13

See http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/index.htm for apartments. They are all good places.You can also check with Mery for apartments, see http://www.colombiarental.com/rentals/index.htm for information on a few of her apartments.

CartaDude
07-12-06, 04:17
Conquistador is a well known dump and should be avoided. If you want a high-end penthouse email Juan Ventura and ask him about the penthouse in the Playa Mar building. Photos of it are here:

http://www.cartagenapenthouse.com/penttour/

Juan's email address is on the site.

Does anyone have information on luxury accomodations in CTG? Last time I stayed at the "penthouse" in the conquistador building, what a goddamn dump. I'm looking for something more along the lines of the Hilton, or at least with more than a trickle of hot water. Any info appreciated, thanks.

Sun Devil
07-12-06, 17:31
I stayed at ATL1201 last June. The rent was $70 per night. You need to pay the first night as a deposit via Paypal to Juan, and the rest by cash or Paypal. I couldn't meet Juan to pay by cash since I was too busy playing so I went to the internet cafe below La Dolce Vita and paid him electronically.

There are 3 bedrooms in the unit and the two large ones have their own bathrooms that included bidets. There is a third bathroom next to the third bedroom in the hallway. In addition to the bedrooms, the unit includes a laundry room, a dining room, a kitchen, and a family room. There are 2 televisions sets, one in each large bedroom. The two large bedrooms also have small walk-in closets.

There is a security guard at the front desk at all times. When it is late at night, the security guard sleeps on a sofa in the inner foyer, so one has to only knock loudly at the front door, and he will wake up and let you in, with or without a chica from the outside, with no question being asked.

There is a large balcony from the living room that looks out into the small lake and into the old town. Also the two large bedroom each has a balcony. As you already know, Juan is a great guy to deal with. Hopes this help.

The problem I had was that there weren't enough towels. As you know, the girls like to take a shower before and after doing the deed. I myself like to do this practice, especially with the girl. So I would recommend that you tell Juan to stock the place with lots of towels. In addition, there is no central air conditioning. Instead, there is a separate AC unit in each bedroom, both of which are controlled by a remote control apparatus. Thus it was very hot in the common area.

Here are some images one can see in and from the apartment:

Xion149
07-12-06, 20:50
Here are some images one can see in and from the apartment:Very nice. This was actually my second choice behind the Playa penthouse.
Does this or any of the other properties listed have parking? I'm considering a rental car (silly I know, but I may have some expensive video gear, some neighborhoods I might want to shoot from the moving vehicle).

Also does Sr. Ventura have a cell/phone number?

I'd like to book soon and emails tend to get lost in the ether, or chewed up / accidentally marked as spam by the goons who run my mail server.

Treeshark
07-13-06, 03:29
Great pictures Sun Devil. What camera do you have for pictures?

Since it sounds like towels would be problem at ATL1201 , I could bring some extra towels with me or buy some extra ones down there.

However the no Central AC could be a deal breaker. I would want the entire apartment to be cool during the day not just two bedrooms. I have stayed in that building next to the Hilton and the entire apartment stays cool there. I might have to consider renting one of those units that face the water there.

I am planning to stay for 3 to 4 weeks on my trip.

I checked out the Cartagena Penthouse and that seems about what I would really enjoy. Juan says that costs $300 a day. So staying there my entire vacation would cost a bit. However I could stay there for 3 to 5 days. Invite my favorite chicas over for say a 2 day party or something.

So say I am going to be there for 21 days total. 3 to 5 days at my first hotel, 3 to 5 days at Cartagena Penthouse, maybe a week or 2 at ATL1201 and/or a week or 2 at the apartment place next to the Hilton.

Well, I seem to be getting a rough plan worked out for my housing.

Tom 33
07-13-06, 12:24
Juan has a cell phone but he is in Barcelona, Spain, at the moment. He won't be back in CTG until August. I have never had a problem E-mailing him, and he always responds promptly. His cell is (310) 363-7974.

Playa Mar has parking on the first two floors of the building. The penthouse has its own spaces. And Juan has extra spaces for parking in Playa Mar. I think that Atlantis has some parking behing the building.

You might be better off with a taxi. There are some places in CTG that you cannot go.

Shark, don't stay in El Conquistador which is next to the Hilton. It is a dump. Excelaris across the street from El Conquistador may be okay.

Uncazadorez
07-14-06, 06:01
Great pictures Sun Devil. What camera do you have for pictures?

Since it sounds like towels would be problem at ATL1201 , I could bring some extra towels with me or buy some extra ones down there.

However the no Central AC could be a deal breaker. I would want the entire apartment to be cool during the day not just two bedrooms. I have stayed in that building next to the Hilton and the entire apartment stays cool there. I might have to consider renting one of those units that face the water there.

I am planning to stay for 3 to 4 weeks on my trip.

I checked out the Cartagena Penthouse and that seems about what I would really enjoy. Juan says that costs $300 a day. So staying there my entire vacation would cost a bit. However I could stay there for 3 to 5 days. Invite my favorite chicas over for say a 2 day party or something.

So say I am going to be there for 21 days total. 3 to 5 days at my first hotel, 3 to 5 days at Cartagena Penthouse, maybe a week or 2 at ATL1201 and/or a week or 2 at the apartment place next to the Hilton.

Well, I seem to be getting a rough plan worked out for my housing.$300.00 US dollars a day! Insane pricing for a 3rd world country don't you think. That would be $9,300.00 dollars a month for 31 days. No disrespect to you Tree shark, but even if I was a Billionaire and had money to burn I would not pay those prices, simply because of principal and knowing I am getting ripped.

Just my dos centavos.

Papipapi
07-14-06, 07:04

See http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/index.htm for apartments. They are all good places.I have rented from Juan several times and he is a straight up guy and reliable. I have also used Merry once but did not like her apartments as much as Juans. Juan has good apartments in Playa Mar and the building beside it with ocean views.

Papipapi
07-14-06, 07:07
Very nice. This was actually my second choice behind the Playa penthouse.

Does this or any of the other properties listed have parking? I'm considering a rental car (silly I know, but I may have some expensive video gear, some neighborhoods I might want to shoot from the moving vehicle).

Also does Sr. Ventura have a cell/phone number?

I'd like to book soon and emails tend to get lost in the ether, or chewed up / accidentally marked as spam by the goons who run my mail server.Juans cell number is 310-363-7974 but he is in Spain right now so I do not think he will answer. However he is always prompt with his email. There is a place to rent cars in Bocogrande but I would advise against it unless you have experience driving in Latin countries. People in Cartagena drive very bad and a licence can be purchased for next to nothing without any test. Juan has several parking spots available if you need a place to park.

Papipapi
07-14-06, 07:11

Well, I seem to be getting a rough plan worked out for my housing.I have stayed in the penthouse once for 5 days. I would have rented it for my whole vacation but there was another booking. If you can afford it then the penthouse is the best bet. I would not even bother with the hotel since it is too much of a hassle with the girls. I had a buddy who stayed at the Hilton but could not bring the girls in and out like in an apartment.

Papipapi
07-14-06, 07:27
$300.00 US dollars a day! Insane pricing for a 3rd world country don't you think. That would be $9,300.00 dollars a month for 31 days. No disrespect to you Tree shark, but even if I was a Billionaire and had money to burn I would not pay those prices, simply because of principal and knowing I am getting ripped.

Just my dos centavos.The owner is an American who spent a year and $80,000 remodeling it to American standards including a $10,000 hot tub. He is living in Medellin now so it is always available for rent. If you have three guys then there is no better place to stay than the penthouse. I would not consider it a rip off when three rooms in the Hilton would cost $480 a night. The owner also has a 2006 Porsche that you can see in the parking spot for the penthouse. Someone else asked about renting a car and I heard that the Porsche is also available to rent since the owner does not want to bring it to Medellin. The guy who asked about renting a car might want to ask Juan about the Porsche.

Treeshark
07-14-06, 16:08
$300.00 US dollars a day! Insane pricing for a 3rd world country don't you think. That would be $9,300.00 dollars a month for 31 days. No disrespect to you Tree shark, but even if I was a Billionaire and had money to burn I would not pay those prices, simply because of principal and knowing I am getting ripped.

Just my dos centavos.LOL, well Uncazadorez, I choked a bit at the price too. However if you go to http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/index.htm and look at exe701 or http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/exe701.htm

I have stayed there and I think it was $200 a day.

Look at

and keep hitting for more photos and info.

Would think that Cartagena Penthouse is worth at least $250 a day so I am not really being ripped off.

I have worked hard and basically I am a cheap SOB.

But I feel like spoling myself a bit on this trip and I think that 3 to 5 days at the Cartagena Penthouse would just do wonders for me. Figure that I would stay there 1/2 to 2/3 of the way in my vacation. And only my favorite chicas would be allowed the honor of visiting with me. Place comes with a cook. Say steak and lobster with champagne for afternoon lunch while sitting in the hot tub on the terrace with a couple of my favorite novias listening to my favorite music.

Baby doll that is as good as life gets.

Yes it will cost but it is not like I am going to do that the entire time there.

Uncazadorez, I have a feeling that you have never been to Cartagena. This is not some little town 30 miles outside of Medellin. The better areas of Cartagena are just as nice as anywhere in the world.

If things work out I will stay there for a few days and can report what the place is really like. I have been going to Cartagena for 7 years and I have stayed in lots of different places.

Papipapi
07-14-06, 19:50
I also saw EXE701 when I was there. EXE701 is larger than CartagenaPenthouse.com and cheaper. It would be good if you had a group of 4-5 guys. However, it is nowhere near as nice inside. CartagenaPenthouse is like a 4-5 star hotel in the U.S. with all the things you would expect like large king size beds and A/C in each room. EXE701 is owned my a Colombia, and although nice, has certain characteristics that are common with Colombian owned apartments such as toilets that need to be flushed 5 times and cheap mattresses, etc.

LOL, well Uncazadorez, I choked a bit at the price too. However if you go to http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/index.htm and look at exe701 or http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/exe701.htm

Look at

Would think that Cartagena Penthouse is worth at least $250 a day so I am not really being ripped off.

Mule69
07-15-06, 00:58
The best bet IMHO is the baby penthouse (301)also in the Playa Mar bldg. For 70 a nite it is great .The balcony has two hammocks and is on the beach front.Juan has some nice apts.,I also like TM1004 in the bldg. next door for 60 a nite...mule

Uncazadorez
07-15-06, 04:02
LOL, well Uncazadorez, I choked a bit at the price too. However if you go to http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/index.htm and look at exe701 or http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/exe701.htm

Look at

I have worked hard and basically I am a cheap SOB.

But I feel like spoling myself a bit on this trip and I think that 3 to 5 days at the Cartagena Penthouse would just do wonders for me. Figure that I would stay there 1/2 to 2/3 of the way in my vacation. And only my favorite chicas would be allowed the honor of visiting with me. Place comes with a cook. Say steak and lobster with champagne for afternoon lunch while sitting in the hot tub on the terrace with a couple of my favorite novias listening to my favorite music.

Baby doll that is as good as life gets.

Yes it will cost but it is not like I am going to do that the entire time there.

Uncazadorez, I have a feeling that you have never been to Cartagena. This is not some little town 30 miles outside of Medellin. The better areas of Cartagena are just as nice as anywhere in the world.

If things work out I will stay there for a few days and can report what the place is really like. I have been going to Cartagena for 7 years and I have stayed in lots of different places.Treeshark,

I retract my statement, your right I have never been to Cartagena but I will be there to experience it Aug 11th. If you look at it from the point of view you just stated it makes sense. My initial train of thought was wow thats pretty pricey for Colombia. But then again it does not compare to Medellin which is really what I know. I guess if you had a team of 3 or 4 guys it would be very well worth it. It just hurts me just thinking about giving so much money when the currency exchange is so good on the you. S Dollar. These owners of this place are making a killng. The porsche the guy has explains it! To each is own. And congrats. I am sure you are going to party like a rock star on your stay.

Treeshark
07-15-06, 04:09
The best bet IMHO is the baby penthouse (301)also in the Playa Mar bldg. For 70 a nite it is great .The balcony has two hammocks and is on the beach front.Juan has some nice apts.,I also like TM1004 in the bldg. next door for 60 a nite...muleGuess it is time to help people out a bit here.

http://www.cartagenapenthouse.com/ is the major link for Cartagena Penthouse. You can visit both units from here.

http://www.cartagenapenthouse.com/apart2/index.html is the link to start looking at the unit that the Mule is talking about.

Well Mr Mule this is the first time that I have looked at pictures of that unit and I would like to say that you sir seem to have an excellent eye for value and quality.
Suddenly I would like to see some photos of some of your chica picks :-)

Since I am planning 3 to 5 days at both my first hotel and the real nice penthouse, that means I still need to find a place for 11 to 15 days.

Playa 301 would seem to rate top consideration. Personally I like a bit of hot water for my showers. Now the best thing about EXE701 is the pool. That roof top pool was fun. There is also a small sauna up there but not sure if it works. But the pool area is not really private. El Conquistador is right across the street so you normally have a bunch of people watching everything you do there. So it very difficult to talk the chicas into running around topless. :-(

Now in honor of Aussie Greg I was thinking about having a "ho throwing contest" at one of my afternoon parties. Would need a pool though. I would throw the chicas into the pool. Whoever I could throw the farthest would be the winner. Thought I would give a diamond ring to the winner. Then I started thinking, I could have some other contests too with diamond rings as the prices. Like a stripping contest and you can use your imagination for other contests.:-)

I have a friend who is a pawn broker and I often buy items from him. I buy diamond rings in the price range of $60 to $100 each that would normally retail for $200 to $500. I often give the rings away to chicas as presents. I have 4 rings now that I had with me in Medellin but did not give any away there. I only give then away for outstanding performance of some sort and no one there rated a ring.

Papipapi
07-15-06, 04:25
the best bet imho is the baby penthouse (301)also in the playa mar bldg. for 70 a nite it is great .the balcony has two hammocks and is on the beach front.juan has some nice apts.,i also like tm1004 in the bldg. next door for 60 a nite...mule301 is also nice and it is the same owner as the large penthouse. i have also stayed in 301 and enjoyed the hammocks. juan told me there is now new furniture in it which has not been updated on the web site yet but apparently it is better now. no internet though but a telephone so you can use dialup. the penthouse has both dsl and high-speed cable in case one goes down as well as vonage to call home for free. as i understand it one of the other apartments in playa mar, i think on the 8th floor, also has high-speed internet.

TheShadow2
07-15-06, 15:31
I have rented from both Juan and Mery, they are both people you can trust and you will have no problems with either.
We have rented the last three times from Mery and been very happy with the apartments. Added bonuses have been hot water and a washer and dryer. Having the washer and dryer eliminates any towel and sheet problems and it's nice to be able to keep your clothes fresh.

Xion149
07-15-06, 20:30
Anyone familiar with this place?

Hotel Cartagena Millenium
Address: Bocagrande, Cra 2ª #7-121
Tels: (+57 5) 665 9054 - 665 84 99
Cartagena, Colombia
http://www.hotelcartagenamillennium.com/

Looks swanky, and also like something I might have trouble smuggling a chica into. Think I could get away with booking double occupancy? (well of course she's my wife, almost)

Wapo469
07-15-06, 22:35
I will be staying there in two weeks and I'll let you guys know about the unit, glad to hear there is new furniture, I wasn't really pumped about the wicker LOL. This will be my first trip to colombia so hopefully I will come back with stories and photos to share with you guys.

Treeshark
07-16-06, 03:02
Anyone familiar with this place?

Hotel Cartagena Millenium
Address: Bocagrande, Cra 2ª #7-121
Tels: (+57 5) 665 9054 - 665 84 99
Cartagena, Colombia
http://www.hotelcartagenamillennium.com/

Looks swanky, and also like something I might have trouble smuggling a chica into. Think I could get away with booking double occupancy? (well of course she's my wife, almost)I think that is brand new. see the map http://www.hotelcartagenamillennium.com/en/localizacion.htm

I kinda recognise the shops to the right of the entrance. I know that at least one person reading this board is in CTG now. Be nice and go by and check it out. At least get how much the rooms cost.

Mule69
07-16-06, 04:24
I will be staying there in two weeks and I'll let you guys know about the unit, glad to hear there is new furniture, I wasn't really pumped about the wicker LOL. This will be my first trip to colombia so hopefully I will come back with stories and photos to share with you guys.
You will love the apt.! Juan keeps it rented so you were lucky....I had a blast there in April so keep the tradition going! It sounds even better if they got rid of the wicker couch,,,the best part is the balcony and view of the sea.....Enjoy!~!

Tom 33
07-16-06, 04:58
The room prices are on the website. I have walked by the place many times. They did quite a job on the outside. Looking at the prices, they must have done some good work inside as well.

You will want to see if the place is chica-friendly. Many places are not.

Tom 33
07-16-06, 05:03
Playa Mar 902 has 256K on wireless that may be accessed from 802. However, that fucking wireless just isn't very reliable. In 902 you can plug directly into the router with a CAT-5.

I like 301 as well.

Treeshark
07-16-06, 05:59
The room prices are on the website. I have walked by the place many times. They did quite a job on the outside. Looking at the prices, they must have done some good work inside as well.

You will want to see if the place is chica-friendly. Many places are not.

Effective: April 17th to December 14th 2006.
SINGLE DOUBLE ADD P.
Junior Suite USD 80 USD 90 USD 20
Business Suite USD 90 USD 105 USD 20
Grand Suite USD 110 USD 120 USD 20
Deluxe Suite USD 175 USD 195 USD 20
Prices per room in dollars, do not include taxes

Gonzo
07-16-06, 07:19
Playa Mar 902 has 256K on wireless that may be accessed from 802. However, that fucking wireless just isn't very reliable. In 902 you can plug directly into the router with a CAT-5.I was the dude in 802 in June that bothered poor Juan Ventura every other day to reset the router (I had to check into work often). When it worked it was great, but it flaked out a lot.

In any case, Playa Mar 802 was a great apartment, and I liked the building itself. Fun neighborhood too, always something going on.

Steve 99
07-16-06, 16:02
I have rented from both Juan and Mery, they are both people you can trust and you will have no problems with either.

We have rented the last three times from Mery and been very happy with the apartments. Added bonuses have been hot water and a washer and dryer. Having the washer and dryer eliminates any towel and sheet problems and it's nice to be able to keep your clothes fresh.Do Juan's apartments all have safes?

Or is it hit or miss?

Gonzo
07-16-06, 22:16
I believe that all of Juan's apartments have had safes put in. But you can dicuss that with Juan when you select a particular apartment.

Uncazadorez
07-16-06, 23:43
i have a trip planned in august.

are all these apartments that juan has listed in the same general location? if not. where are they roughly at? which ones have better locations to get around via walking? which ones are around non touristy spots (i prefer not to be around tourists as much as possible). wifi or any high speed internet is a must for me, i have to stay connected to check on buisness. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Jrotten
07-17-06, 00:24
I have enjoyed all of your reports, so I thought I would share some of my experiences. I too use Juan for renting apartments and have always been very happy with his service. Attached are some of the pretty girls Cartagena has to offer, enjoy! I have more, but I have to resize them. Stay tuned.

Jrotten
07-17-06, 00:32
I have rented Marinaire 1204, 1004, and they both have safes.

Puerto La Cruz
07-17-06, 05:07
No, safes are not in all apartments. And no, I didn't get ripped off. Its all about the quality of the women that you bring to the apartment. Anybody would be stupid to leave valuables, cash, etc., sitting out as there's a little larceny in alot of them, be it CTG, BOG, POP, SJO, SDQ or downtown Tel Aviv.

I have been screwing a Korean/American girl for almost four years now. She house sits when I'm gone sometimes. Although I trust her in my home, why would I want to leave temptation out? If your apartment doesn't have a safe, there are plenty of places to hide money, particularly if she isn't an all nighter when you're on vacation.

IamLookin
07-17-06, 11:39
I will be in Cartengena from July 25-july 29.
Can someone give me a name of a place i can stay not too expensive?
I have a girl friend that will probably stay with me as well ( non - pro ).
Also what beach area do you recommend for a couple ( for more quiet setting )

thanks

Tom 33
07-17-06, 13:03
The vast majority are clustered in Laguito, very central to everything. August is a very slow month. I wouldn't worry about tourists. However, remember that Cartagena is the number one tourist destination in Colombia. If you don't like tourists, don't come to CTG.

iam lookin, Hotel Da Pietro(http://www.pietro.com/) is relatively inexpensive. The beaches in Castillo Grande are more quiet.

Treeshark
07-18-06, 04:19
Treeshark,

I retract my statement, your right I have never been to Cartagena but I will be there to experience it Aug 11th. If you look at it from the point of view you just stated it makes sense. My initial train of thought was wow thats pretty pricey for Colombia. But then again it does not compare to Medellin which is really what I know. I guess if you had a team of 3 or 4 guys it would be very well worth it. It just hurts me just thinking about giving so much money when the currency exchange is so good on the you. S Dollar. These owners of this place are making a killng. The porsche the guy has explains it! To each is own. And congrats. I am sure you are going to party like a rock star on your stay.Its cool. You were merely expressing what you thought and I am sure that you were not the only one thinking that!!! :-) But you were polite about it and that is what really counts. Besides when I first found out the price, I am sure that our thoughts were almost the same. The most that I have ever paid for a night is $150. That was for one night at the Almirante and I thought that was a ripoff.

The Penthouse may be the best you can rent in CTG, so compare it to the two best hotels in town.

Sofitel Santa Clara is one hotel. see http://www.24hourbooking.com/review/hotel/11245937-Sofitel+Santa+Clara-Cartagena.php
$200 and up for a night for one room and bath

Charleston Cartagena Hotel is the other see http://www.southtravels.com/america/colombia/charlestoncartagena/index.html

About $125 and up. see the picture of the room with the red/orange walls. That is what you get. Room is maybe 14 by 14 at most with bath. I have stayed here and the rooms at Penthouse look nicer then here. If you have a chance go see this place. Just walk in and go to your right to desk to ask about room prices then look around. They have a pool and restaurant on the top/ Great for lunch or a a sunset dinner. Get there around 5:15 and watch the city change from day to night while you enjoy your meal/

Have a great trip and I hope you have the time of your life.

Treeshark
07-18-06, 04:24
I have enjoyed all of your reports, so I thought I would share some of my experiences. I too use Juan for renting apartments and have always been very happy with his service. Attached are some of the pretty girls Cartagena has to offer, enjoy! I have more, but I have to resize them. Stay tuned.Wow, smoking hot photos. I want to go back NOW.

Question, what type camera did you use?? And the photo of the two chicas. Where did you take that?/ I can see a couple of guys in the background so would think it was a club. for some reason I would guess Tripleterra.

Looking forward to oher photos.

Treeshark
07-18-06, 04:31
Can someone give me a name of a place I can stay not too expensive?

thanksTry going to http://www.24hourbooking.com/review/hotel/11310454-Decameron+Cartagena+All+Inclusive-Cartagena.php

And play around with them a bit.

I have never stayed at Decameron Cartagena All Inclusive bit I have heard that it is real nice. If you can get a room for like $100 a night for the two of you that would seem good to me.

Treeshark
07-18-06, 08:49

Can someone give me a name of a place i can stay not too expensive?

ThanksI went to expedia.com and did a search for you for your dates. did it for 2 people.

Best price was $105 a night for Hotel Casa La Fe. next was hotel Da Pietro for $135 night

For Casa LaFe check out

http://www.casalafe.com/home.html
http://www.casalafe.com/contact.html
http://www.cartagenainfo.net/casalafe/english.html
http://cartagenainfo.com/casalafe/map1.html

For beach go to Isla de Rosario or Playa Blanca. Also have hotels on Isla.

Nowrath
07-19-06, 02:35
Gents,

I will be renting apartment #802 in the Torree Centauro building from Mery In September.

From the website it looks nice. Anyone with info on this apartment I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

No Wrath

Jrotten
07-19-06, 02:45
Wow, smoking hot photos. I want to go back NOW.

Question, what type camera did you use?? And the photo of the two chicas. Where did you take that?/ I can see a couple of guys in the background so would think it was a club. for some reason I would guess Tripleterra.

Looking forward to oher photos.Treeshark,

Thanks for the nice words. The photo of the two chicas was sent to me by one of the girls, and I don't know where it was taken, but here is one more for you to enjoy. By the way they were both sweet girls and I had a hard time getting rid of them. Both a nice f___k and they never asked for any money. The camera is a Cannon digital elph. Works great!

Ciao

Jrotten
07-19-06, 05:58
I guess it just takes a little time to be posted. My fault.

Jrotten
07-19-06, 06:13
Enjoy! Sorry for the screwed up post.

TheShadow2
07-19-06, 19:19
Jrotten, nice pics! I know one of these chicas pretty well
(Cartagena March 2005 036 copy.jpg ). Don't know what name she is going by these days, but she has one of the nicest bodies I've seen available for rent in Cartagena :-)
Nowrath, Torre Centauro 802 is a nice apt. 2 bedrooms, each with a nice bathroom, AC and a safe in the bedrooms, hot water, washer and dryer, TV in each room and in the living room. Balcony looks out over the street.
TC is a nice building, only "negative" is the 20 step climb from the street to the entry, but this is no big deal. Mery lives in the building and will make sure you are happy with everything.
PM me if you have more questions,
TheShadow2

Steve 99
07-19-06, 22:52
I have rented Marinaire 1204, 1004, and they both have safes.Thx for pix Jrotten.

I have 1204 on hold for end of August.

Can you give me any inside info. Is the view nice? Any downfalls of 1204? If I get your quality chicas it won't matter but any info appreciated.

Jrotten
07-21-06, 03:19
Thx for pix Jrotten.

I have 1204 on hold for end of August.

Can you give me any inside info. Is the view nice? Any downfalls of 1204? If I get your quality chicas it won't matter but any info appreciated.Apartment 1204 is wonderful with a great view. The balcony is right on the water. Very nice place. Plus the building is chica friendly, never a problem. I think 1204 is one of Juans best places, you were lucky to get it. Second nicest place is 1004. Have fun and say hi to the girls for me. I will be heading down in September for three weeks and I have 1004 reserved.

Jrotten
07-21-06, 03:24
Will you be there September 5th? If so, I will let you buy me a beer. Is this your first time to Cartagena? If it is I can show you around. Just a thought.

Jrotten
07-21-06, 03:32
You will think you died and went to heaven!

Steve 99
07-22-06, 02:22
You will think you died and went to heaven!That's all I need to hear. Sweet!

I will have to slip you pesos in the airport. Leaving the 5th. But you never know - I could blow off my flight and stay later. I'll keep in touch. Thanks for info.

TheShadow2
07-22-06, 10:10
1204 is nice, but had a bit of a roach problem the second time I stayed in it.
Not really a big deal, just make sure none stow away in your luggage to take up residence in your home sweet home...
Juan had at least one two bedroom apartment in Torre Marina for the same price that was a lot nicer, but last I heard it was temporarily unavailable while the owner decided if he was going to sell it.

Jrotten
07-22-06, 16:50
I have seen some roaches as well, but after letting Juan know about the problem he came by and put some bait in the kitchen and that seemed to take care of the problem. Just let him know and he will get right on it. Torrie Marina is nice, true but it is facing the street and it can get a little noisey from the traffic and the birds. I prefer to listen to the surf and kill the roaches. Just my humble opinion.

Jrotten
07-23-06, 04:31
Thank you for all of the nice comments about my pictures. Here are a few more for your enjoyment.

Jrotten
07-26-06, 06:37
Nobody bothers you here and the food is good.

Orpheus I
08-23-06, 17:56
Hi,

Does anybody knows if Hotel Cartagena Millennium is guest friendly? I want to book it for next week, so it is an urgent question!

Jrotten
08-31-06, 05:23
Sorry, no nude photos. It's just not my style.

DG69
08-31-06, 06:47
Fellow Monger,
I plan to visit Cartagena in September. I want meet a girl who I met online. She is from Barranquila. Can somebody recommend a good but not too expensive Hotel or Appartment-Agent? Or, is it better to go with such a girl to a beach outside the city? Is there a nice beach with good Hotels close to Cartagena or Barranquila? Nevertheless I would be interested to know about Hotel, Apartments and prices of them in Cartagena, in case that I can score by that girl.

Talisman
09-01-06, 02:12
Hi DG69,

I have not used any of these sites for booking my self, but it can be a starting piont.

http://cartagenaapartments.net/
http://www.cartagenaapartments.com/
http://www.24hourbooking.com/review/Cartagena.php?search=Cartagena%20hotel
http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/english.htm

Form Barranquilla you can catch a bus ride (2-3 hrs) to Cartagena. I paid 20,000 pesos one way in March (the bus company is called Brazillia).

A tip about Cartagena. If you use the beaches, try to go to private beaches. normal beaches are croweded with locals who will try to sell you things on the beach every time one of them passes you by, especially if they see a gringo! I have stayed in Hotel DA Pietro (Carrera 3 Nro 4-401) in Bocagrande, Cartagena and it was ok and good service for $50 a night. boca grande area you will find lots of bars where local girls go and is pretty easy to pick one for the night. Be careful as some girls have known to full tourists for sex and later rub them!

Go to old city area. it is a bit pricey, but it is well worth it.

Good luck,

T.man

DG69
09-01-06, 06:13
Thank you Talisman,

the Hotel sounds good. Since I plan to meet a girl from Barranquilla in Carthagena could it be that I would like to go with her to a more quite place outside the city. Maybe a not so crowded place, a quite beach with nice guesthouses or hotels. Is there something like that near Carthagena?

Talisman
09-01-06, 12:05
Ask locals at the hotel, they can give you better ideas. You can also try to visit this island about 50 min away by boat. it's supposed to be a very nice place.

T.man

Tom 33
09-01-06, 13:48
Hi DG69,

I have not used any of these sites for booking my self, but it can be a starting piont.

http://cartagenaapartments.net/
http://www.cartagenaapartments.com/
http://www.24hourbooking.com/review/Cartagena.php?search=Cartagena%20hotel
http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/english.htm

A tip about Cartagena. If you use the beaches, try to go to private beaches. normal beaches are croweded with locals who will try to sell you things on the beach every time one of them passes you by, especially if they see a gringo! I have stayed in Hotel DA Pietro (Carrera 3 Nro 4-401) in Bocagrande, Cartagena and it was ok and good service for $50 a night. boca grande area you will find lots of bars where local girls go and is pretty easy to pick one for the night. Be careful as some girls have known to full tourists for sex and later rub them!

Of the four sites listed, I can personally vouch for the last one. That is Juan Ventura's site.

I have never heard of any private beaches in CTG. The beaches along Castillo Grande are more quiet.

You do want to be careful. However, in over three years of living here, I have been rubbed at lot but never robbed.

Dogman2
09-01-06, 21:15
Fellow Monger,

I plan to visit Cartagena in September. I want meet a girl who I met online. She is from Barranquila. Can somebody recommend a good but not too expensive Hotel or Appartment-Agent? Or, is it better to go with such a girl to a beach outside the city? Is there a nice beach with good Hotels close to Cartagena or Barranquila? Nevertheless I would be interested to know about Hotel, Apartments and prices of them in Cartagena, in case that I can score by that girl.You can also check the ColombiaRental.com site for some of the apartments handled by Mery. Here is the url

http://www.colombiarental.com/

Talisman
09-02-06, 00:52
Thanks Tom 33 for the correction! robbed, not rubbed, which we don't mind to be rubbed at all by ladies!

I have never been to Santa Marta and keep hearing from chicas that it is better then CTG as the beaches are cleaner. Have you been to S.Marta and what is your opinion?

T.man

Tom 33
09-02-06, 13:01
Thanks Tom 33 for the correction! robbed, not rubbed, which we don't mind to be rubbed at all by ladies!

I have never been to Santa Marta and keep hearing from chicas that it is better then CTG as the beaches are cleaner. Have you been to S.Marta and what is your opinion?

T.man

The beaches are nicer in Santa Marta. However, that is about the only category won by SM. The P4P opportunities do not come close to CTG. If you want nice beach, go to Playa Blanca. It's less than an hour by boat from CTG. The Rosario Islands have some pretty nice beaches as well.

Luis The Great
09-08-06, 06:31
This buiding is very rundown use it as a last option. I stayed thier 5 days. Room and the building very run down. No infrastrucure has been done no maintaninece Roach problem not uncommon. Thier might be an exception to the rooms but I seen other apartments from the windows it seems all the apartments are run down.

Pana Nyc
09-09-06, 00:54
In these apartments rented by Juanhttp://www.venpro.net/fotosapartamentos/english.htm, Playa 802, Atl1201, Ant 12a if so how would you rate them? As of right now these are the only ones he has to rent the 1st week of December. Im interested in Playa 802 because it is the only one that states that it has wireless internetm the only thing I dont like about it is the kitchen, but than again I wont be cooking.

Gonzo
09-09-06, 01:49
In these apartments rented by Juanhttp://www.venpro.net/fotosapartamentos/english.htm, Playa 802, Atl1201, Ant 12a if so how would you rate them? As of right now these are the only ones he has to rent the 1st week of December. Im interested in Playa 802 because it is the only one that states that it has wireless internetm the only thing I dont like about it is the kitchen, but than again I wont be cooking.I stayed in 802 in June, and really liked it. WhenI go back again I would stay there, or possibly Marinera edifiicio. What do you got against kitchens? :) Seriously, it's small, but I cooked breakfast there. View is Ok, AC works in both the salon and the bedroom (via remote only in the bedroom). Hot water works, but the heater has to be turned on, ask Juan to do it. The 3 porteros, Juan, Jose and Guillermo are cool. The CD/stereo is a bit flaky, but you can get it to work.

As far as the wireless goes, you are using Tom 33's wireless in the above apartment. But I had troubles, Juan had to reset it numerous times. But there's plenty of internet cafes around; People Connexion, at the foot of the LDV/Perla plaza is the best. Tom 33 can fill you in on any more details on the wireless functionality at this point. I think you'll like 802, plenty of space for one guy.

Tom 33
09-09-06, 09:02
juan is a great guy and 802 is nice. it is owned by juan. my wireless router does need resetting often. apparently wireless technology is not very reliable as yet. i bought a new mimo wireless router, and that fucked up very quickly. so i went back to the old router. i will be there the first part of december. i can tell when the router needs resetting and generally just do it. the speed is 256k.

the porteros are julio, guillermo, and horacio. jose is the maintenance guy. they are all very solid and have worked at playa mar since before i bought my apartment in dec. of 2003.

i have not seen the other 2 apts, but juan doesn't deal in junk. i think that atl is owned by a canadian and ant is owned by martin, a californian who lives in the building. martin is a good guy.

Pana Nyc
09-09-06, 17:33
I stayed in 802 in June, and really liked it. WhenI go back again I would stay there, or possibly Marinera edifiicio. What do you got against kitchens? :) Seriously, it's small, but I cooked breakfast there. View is Ok, AC works in both the salon and the bedroom (via remote only in the bedroom). Hot water works, but the heater has to be turned on, ask Juan to do it. The 3 porteros, Juan, Jose and Guillermo are cool. The CD/stereo is a bit flaky, but you can get it to work.

As far as the wireless goes, you are using Tom 33's wireless in the above apartment. But I had troubles, Juan had to reset it numerous times. But there's plenty of internet cafes around; People Connexion, at the foot of the LDV/Perla plaza is the best. Tom 33 can fill you in on any more details on the wireless functionality at this point. I think you'll like 802, plenty of space for one guy.
Thanks very much for the reply, Playa 802 is the one for me and my buddy that I have made my decison on, and I cant wait to go to Colombia in December. I will be leaving for my 1st trip to Brazil on Monday, damn life is good fellas.

Pana Nyc
09-09-06, 17:36
juan is a great guy and 802 is nice. it is owned by juan. my wireless router does need resetting often. apparently wireless technology is not very reliable as yet. i bought a new mimo wireless router, and that fucked up very quickly. so i went back to the old router. i will be there the first part of december. i can tell when the router needs resetting and generally just do it. the speed is 256k.

the porteros are julio, guillermo, and horacio. jose is the maintenance guy. they are all very solid and have worked at playa mar since before i bought my apartment in dec. of 2003.

i have not seen the other 2 apts, but juan doesn't deal in junk. i think that atl is owned by a canadian and ant is owned by martin, a californian who lives in the building. martin is a good guy.
thanks for the reply also, when i get down to cartagena i need buy you the drink of your choice, thanks tom.

Latina Lover7
09-25-06, 05:25
Hey Fellas,

Coming to CTG on 11/9 -14 and need a nice penthouse or apartment. Came last year and Juan hooked up a really nice place with jacuzzi and elevator. It was really nice. I'm lookin for something comparable 2 or 3 rooms. High end with a pool or jacuzzi. Any help would be great

PM Me with any info.

Thanks!

Jrotten
09-29-06, 06:04
I just got back from Cartagena and guess what, someone thought it would be cool to show the girls their picture on this site. What the fuck you dumb shit! What were you thinking? I take the time to post photos and info and you show the pictures to the girls. Bad idea. You think the girls are going to like you more now? All you did was [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) them off and cause me a shit load of problems. Nothing worse than having the girls going off on you infront of the other chicas. Thanks alot asshole.

Phoenix Phx
09-30-06, 00:34
I just got back from Cartagena and guess what, someone thought it would be cool to show the girls their picture on this site. What the fuck you dumb shit! What were you thinking? I take the time to post photos and info and you show the pictures to the girls. Bad idea. You think the girls are going to like you more now? All you did was [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) them off and cause me a shit load of problems. Nothing worse than having the girls going off on you infront of the other chicas. Thanks alot asshole.Captain Save A Ho strikes again. When will they ever learn.

Concarne
09-30-06, 06:35
I just got back from Cartagena and guess what, someone thought it would be cool to show the girls their picture on this site. What the fuck you dumb shit! What were you thinking? I.

Unfuckingbelievable...you have to wonder how fucked up the guy's get to think that is going to get them something...

Dumb.

Mule69
10-01-06, 04:09
Captain Save A Ho strikes again. When will they ever learn.
Hey Phoenix!!! It's your friend from N.C.We discussed this same subject in Ctg in July.After this shit gets around at LDV it just makes it harder on us to get a pic.I'll be there 11/18....let's party!!

Phoenix Phx
10-03-06, 01:04
Hey Phoenix!!! It's your friend from N.C.We discussed this same subject in Ctg in July.After this shit gets around at LDV it just makes it harder on us to get a pic.I'll be there 11/18....let's party!!Nice to hear from you brother! I arrive on 11/19 staying in the same place.

Mule69
10-03-06, 22:33
Nice to hear from you brother! I arrive on 11/19 staying in the same place.
Thats great! Looking forward to seeing you ,Is the Ms Colombia thing still going on?pm me if you get the chance...

Phoenix Phx
10-04-06, 02:19
Thats great! Looking forward to seeing you ,Is the Ms Colombia thing still going on?pm me if you get the chance...I believe the Miss Colombia show is the first two weeks in November. I don't have the ability to PM but you know where else to find me on the web. Hey I hope you don't hog our future ex-wife if she is in town, sharing is caring.

Xion149
10-04-06, 23:40
I believe the Miss Colombia show is the first two weeks in November. Last year's event schedule, I assume this year will be similar:

http://www.srtacolombia.org/app/pdf/1130524621.pdf

Anyone have info on how/where to buy tickets for the events?

The site unfortunately leaves that slightly important bit out.

Tom 33
10-05-06, 00:58
Anyone have info on how/where to buy tickets for the events?

The contestants always stay at the Hilton in Laguito. Many events are held at the Convention Center in Getsemani. You can try contacting the Hilton or the Convention Center.

FredA
11-18-06, 23:09
Has anyone stayed at the Hilton?

I need to know if it's monger friendly?

Black Page
12-06-06, 12:12
See this report for Jaiva at Crespo

[post]537700[\post]

Black Page
12-08-06, 17:27
Sorry, I must have not understood the rules for posting a link to a report here.
This link should be working.

Excellent motel for spending few hours. Privacy. No doc control. VERY cheap and luxury accommodation. Jaiva at Crespo.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=537700&postcount=1768

Jimmy Di
01-19-07, 12:54
I've stayed in the Laguito area in 2005 and 2006 and just made a last minute decision to return next week. January 24. Mery didn't have anything and Juan never replied to my e-mails, so I sent a deposit to reserve an apartment in the El Conquistador, which I know now was a mistake (cockroach haven and not girl-friendly).

If I can get my deposit back, would anyone know who would have a very nice apt. for rent in Laguito at this last minute?

And if I'm forced to stay there, any suggestions on getting a girl in?

Thank you.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Masooka
01-22-07, 02:02
It is very unusual that Juan did not answer his email. I would try sending him email again. Juan has the best apartments in Laguito so if you want something very nice then email him. Or you could always call him directly. His number is 57-310-363-7974

I've stayed in the Laguito area in 2005 and 2006 and just made a last minute decision to return next week. January 24. Mery didn't have anything and Juan never replied to my e-mails, so I sent a deposit to reserve an apartment in the El Conquistador, which I know now was a mistake (cockroach haven and not girl-friendly).

If I can get my deposit back, would anyone know who would have a very nice apt. for rent in Laguito at this last minute?

And if I'm forced to stay there, any suggestions on getting a girl in?

Thank you.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Aybolit
02-04-07, 03:58
My buddy and I are arriving to Cartagena on March 1, planning on staying between 1 and 2 weeks. I'm trying to book a hotel right now, but was hoping to get some feedback from you guys. We don't want to spend more than US$50, double room at a safe hotel that is not far from action (pros and non-pros) Hotel has to be girl friendly. There seems to be tons of hotels available, but I've never been to CTG before, and don't want to end up staying in a part of town that is real shady at night and make a mistake of booking a place where the girls will get turned down at the reception.

Thanks in advance.

I also posted this in the "Cartagena" section before.

TheShadow2
03-27-07, 22:59
50 dollars or so if possible, anyone know of any? Or of one at least closer to the aiport than Laguito?

Winner71
03-28-07, 02:42
Could we ask why?

50 dollars or so if possible, anyone know of any? Or of one at least closer to the aiport than Laguito?

TheShadow2
03-28-07, 03:21
...I asked you first?
But seriously, I have my reasons. One of them being that I am flying in to Cartagena and turning right around and flying back out. The other reason is that I'm trying to avoid running into someone who might be in the laguito/bocagrande area. Get it?
Ok, your turn!

Hunter
03-28-07, 12:42
There is some apts for rent on the sea road between the Old City and the airport, I think the guys name is Mike Turner, I can find the link for you if you don't have it.

As to cheap hotels next the airport, I have never explored the streets around there, so I can't help you there.

Hunter

TheShadow2
03-29-07, 00:26
his name is Mark Turner, and I have his number somewhere. But I might also just get in a taxi and do some research that day. I've got the name of four hotels in the area (from a tourist map of Cartagena) but have no idea if they're dumps or secure.

Zev1234
05-26-07, 00:32
Does anyone know of a nice apartment or house I can rent for 1 week in CTG? I need something that can sleep 5 people, any ideas?

Hunter
05-26-07, 14:35
Most apts cater for less people in Ctg, I have a friend Mario who regularly caters for larger groups of people, here is his e-mail:

[Email address deleted by Admin]

Hunter

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

The Cane
06-27-07, 02:25
Anybody got the scoop on the Dann Las Velas? Are they chica friendly?

Tom 33
06-27-07, 12:07
Anybody got the scoop on the Dann Las Velas? Are they chica friendly?
I believe that the Las Velas part of the name is gone. My guess is no.

The Cane
06-27-07, 15:32
I believe that the Las Velas part of the name is gone. My guess is no.I'll manage to get me somebody in there if I need to. Never failed before. I usually just act like nothing is unusual and just go about my business. Usually nobody says anything. If I have to pay extra for the night or something, I suppose I will. But. The girl is coming with me. Hehehe!

Black Page
10-22-07, 00:59
Some nice places where to go, if you have a good classy chica met at LDV or other discos at ElCentro.

- JAIBA (pronounce: "haiva"), a motel in an barrio just after Crespo (the way from El Centro to the airport, at right), 5-10 minutes by taxi from the Clock Square (Reloy).
Rooms from small and cheap to luxury suites. Cost is about 14k or 20k per 2 hours minìmum (YES, 7-10 USD!). Time is counted automatically, so you can stay all time you want.
You arrive by taxi, the car enters the slot, you walk up and nobody sees you. At the end, you call the bill by phone and it is delivered on a small window.
The rooms of medium quality are large, very clean, with glass shower box, well furnished, even a "sex chair" for trying multiple positions (see it to believe). It is a deluxe environment.
I cannot believe it: I suggested it in a previous report one year ago, but nobody replied to my post or seemed to react. It is by far the best accommodation I could recommend for this business: cheap and good. Try it one time and you'll tell me.

- CANGREJO. On the same street of Jaiba, cheaper and less beatiful. I did not try it. Maybe if Jaiba is full.

- DUNES. Not far from Jaiba, in a close-by barrio. Deluxe accommodation, better quality than Jaiba, more expensive, but still very cheap for the service provided: 28k for min 2 hours!

Standard price to go there by taxi: 10000$ from El Centro (15000$ from Bocagrande). Ask before leaving, so you will be not overcharged. Leave 1000-2000$ tip.
The same to go back. The motel will call you a taxi to return.

Dont worry to get lost: just ask the taxi driver "haiva" or "dunes". They all know them. All girls also know these places. So, you may let her to talk to the driver.

From my reports

VipMedellin
12-03-07, 06:19
Looking for an apartment two bedroom from the 27th of December until the 15th of January.

If you could either pm me or let me know on this board I would appreciate it

Thank you very much.

Tom 33
12-03-07, 10:44
Looking for an apartment two bedroom from the 27th of December until the 15th of January.

If you could either pm me or let me know on this board I would appreciate it

Thank you very much.
You may be too late for this year. This is the busiest time of the year. And rates are doubled or more at this time.

Casa Medellin
12-16-07, 03:59
We own this penthouse in Cartagena http://www.cartagenapenthouse.com/penttour

If anyone has any questions about it let me know.

It is $300 USD per night in low season and $450 in high.

It is booked though into January. However, it is available in late January and some days in February.

We also have packages available starting in Medellin here http://www.LaCasaMedellin.com and ending in the Cartagena Penthouse.

Catbird
01-27-08, 20:40
greetings,

i am looking for a decent apartment in the old city section from mid february until mid may. my first time in cartagena. i've looked through the forum and most of the rental info focuses on shorter term rentals. i'm looking for something a little longer. large studio or 1 bedroom. not palatial and not a dump. high speed internet a must.

thanks for any ideas.

dogg

Dogman2
01-28-08, 00:06
greetings,

i am looking for a decent apartment in the old city section from mid february until mid may. my first time in cartagena. i've looked through the forum and most of the rental info focuses on shorter term rentals. i'm looking for something a little longer. large studio or 1 bedroom. not palatial and not a dump. high speed internet a must.

thanks for any ideas.

doggyour best bet is to get something short term and then look for your long term rental when you are in cartagena. mery and juan have a selection of short term apartments.

some of merys apartment are found on colombiarental.com http://www.colombiarental.com/

dogman

Catbird
01-28-08, 15:45
Thanks Dogman2 (nice name) ! I'll take a look. Cheers !

Lwomack58
02-01-08, 19:47
Does anyone know anything about the hotel Bocagrande del Mar or the chain that owns it. They have some very good rates and I am looking for a place that is safe, not to expensive, but is not run down and full of bugs.

Thanks

Matt Russ
05-18-08, 01:25
This noobie will be traveling to cartagena from June 9th to 26th, can anybody recommend an a single bedroom apt/hotel/hostel that won't break my wallet for the stay?

Thanks

Frank Casio
05-26-08, 19:41
This noobie will be traveling to cartagena from June 9th to 26th, can anybody recommend an a single bedroom apt/hotel/hostel that won't break my wallet for the stay?

ThanksHi Matt,

Frank offers affordabe rooms in "La Mayorista" for $125 a week. You can view pics of the apt. at www.frankmonge2000.spaces.com. Contact me for more info.

Frank Casio
05-26-08, 19:43

ThanksSorry Matt ,I thought you were comming to Medellin!

Edward D
06-30-08, 22:08
Guest friendly Ocean Front Apt completly renovated in prime area of El Laguito. Can hear the ocean waves and feel the ocean breeze anywhere inside the unit. This unit is situated in the prime tourist area of Laguito, Boca grande, and very close proximity to the Hilton Cartagena. Why pay hotel prices when you can have a full guest friendly residence all to your own. Unit has been recently remodeled which included new title, kitchen, contemporary modern bathroom, furniture, hammocks, new sliding glass doors.

Unit is only 15 minutes from the airport and 7 minutes from the old walled city; perfectly situated to enjoy Cartagena’s wonderful mix of beach and culture. The area is quiet and features a range of restaurants and nightlife including the famous Cartagena casino and gentleman's club, la Dolce Vita can be found a half block away.

The beach is behind the apartments where you can enjoy jet skis, island tours, or just relax in one of the sunshades or the apartment pool.

Apartment is $42 US (low season) with a 3 night minimum.

Contact me for a confidential inquire at 786-312-2272 or with any concerns or additional questions. I am a frequent visitor of Cartagena and I live in Miami, FL.

[Hotlink to Photo deleted by Admin]

More Info on Cartagena

Cartagena has been - Voted Top 25 South American Travel Destinations 2008
and is a Travel Choice Award Winner

Cartagena is a gorgeous city of Colombia's Caribbean coast, Cartagena is a veritable treasure trove of colonial architecture and 17th-century forts. One of the safest spots in the country, this cruise ship call favorite boast many fine beaches, great restaurants and an entirely walkable historic old town. Don't miss the lovely Walled City, Plaza Bolivar (home to Palacio de la Inquisicion), the cathedral and a gold museum. And San Felipe de Barajas Castle, one of Colombia's oldest buildings.

EDITOR'S NOTE: The link originally included with this report was to a photo on another website, and thus it was deleted in accordance with the Forum's Photo Guidelines prohibiting links to photos on other websites. If you have photos you wish to share with the Forum Members, then please post them here. Please read the Forum's Photo Guidelines for further information.Thank You.

Jesi James
07-05-08, 19:05
Frank offers affordabe rooms in "La Mayorista" for $125 a week. You can view pics of the apt. at www.frankmonge2000.spaces.com. Contact me for more info.Frank you link doesn't show any pictures.

jes

Jesi James
07-10-08, 10:00
Hi Matt,

Frank offers affordabe rooms in "La Mayorista" for $125 a week. You can view pics of the apt. at www.frankmonge2000.spaces.com. Contact me for more info.Franks rooms/apt in in Medellin. Why it is posted here in the CTG thread is anyones guess.

Jes

Member #4258
07-13-08, 00:59
Anyone stay at the Hilton lately? Chica friendly?

I've seen some good deals on apartments so I know it's not a problem finding a place. Just thought I'd try the Hilton for a couple of days.

Member #4258
07-27-08, 19:34
Anyone stay at the Hilton lately? Chica friendly?

I've seen some good deals on apartments so I know it's not a problem finding a place. Just thought I'd try the Hilton for a couple of days.Maybe I'll just email Paris Hilton and see if she knows?

Actually, I've booked a Juan Ventura apartment but still may stay my last night at the Hilton.

Hoser

World Travel 69
10-04-08, 17:46
The report originally posted here has been superceded by a new report posted later in this thread.

Tom 33
10-05-08, 19:32
1. Michael & Karina.
http://www.colombiarental.net/ 100k+I believe that Colombia Rental is alive and well but that Michael is long gone.

Dogman2
10-05-08, 23:03
Mery continues to offer apartments in Cartagena, she can be contacted via the site Colombiarental.COM

http://colombiarental.com/

World Travel 69
10-06-08, 06:43
Thanks Tom.

I will be there next month on the 10th. Anyone want to have a beer or so?

That is why it is number one on the List. I think. Price is right, but I do not know about service and etc?

I believe that Colombia Rental is alive and well but that Michael is long gone.

Tom 33
10-06-08, 16:47
Thanks Tom.

I will be there next month on the 10th. Anyone want to have a beer or so?

That is why it is number one on the List. I think. Price is right, but I do not know about service and etc?I would list Juan Ventura #1 based on service. But I'm sure that http://www.colombiarental.net/ is still very good.

I'd be happy to have a drink, but I moved to Medellín.

Aussie Greg
10-26-08, 15:24
Guy's,

Taking a few guests (5 of us) down to Cartagena from the 29th Dec - 2nd Jan, need a large apartment with swimming pool 5 nights, any recomdations please, need it within easy walking distance of every thing.

"CAG"

Tom 33
10-26-08, 22:01
Guy's,

Taking a few guests (5 of us) down to Cartagena from the 29th Dec - 2nd Jan, need a large apartment with swimming pool 5 nights, any recomdations please, need it within easy walking distance of every thing.

"CAG"That is the peak of the highest season. I doubt that you'll find anything this late. You could try http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/english.htm or colombia rental listed just below.

Easy walking distance is hard. LDV and Hollywood beach are at one end of Bocagrande and el Centro is at the other end.

Aussie Greg
10-27-08, 16:10
Thanks Tom, working on it, regards.

"CAG"

That is the peak of the highest season. I doubt that you'll find anything this late. You could try http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/english.htm or colombia rental listed just below.

Easy walking distance is hard. LDV and Hollywood beach are at one end of Bocagrande and el Centro is at the other end.

Player2
10-28-08, 01:29
Hi Guys:

Will there be any problem in finding housing/lodging from Nov 13-17 in Laguito due to beauty pegeant?

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Player2

UrbanWildlife
10-28-08, 05:06
Hi Guys:

Will there be any problem in finding housing/lodging from Nov 13-17 in Laguito due to beauty pegeant?

Thanks,

Player2Hello Player 2,

Several weeks ago you sent me a p.m requesting info. on Cartagena. I sent you through the email address you provided me what amounts to a book of information on everything you will need to know about Cartagena, including where to find apartments in Laguito. Contact the people I have referenced to you. This is the only way you are going to get the answer to your question. More than likely you are not going to find anything that is decent at this point. This should have been done immediately upon contacting me.

Good luck to you.

Tom 33
10-28-08, 14:29
Hi Guys:

Thanks,

Player2Christmas and Easter are busier times, but the Miss Colombia Pageant probably ranks third. You should be able to find something, but you may have to look hard. And you may not get choice accomodations.

Pussy Luver
10-31-08, 04:01
Does anyone have a cell number for Mery?

I want to call her about a specific condo.

I know about the web site, but still want her number.

Thanks

Aussie Mate
10-31-08, 19:11

ThanksRTFF!

There are at least 3 posts in the last couple of days that have the information you are looking for.

Take 5 minutes of your time and READ!

World Travel 69
10-31-08, 19:48
The report originally posted here has been superceded by a new report posted later in this thread.

Dogman2
10-31-08, 21:34

ThanksThe web site Colombia Rental.COM lists her ph #.

Look at this contact page: at ColombiaRenatl.COM

http://www.colombiarental.com/contact.php

Lammtarra
11-03-08, 17:29
Hello guys,

Anyone knows if this hotel is GF?

Or anwyay, how does it work in Colombia?

Any trouble to take girls up into room?

I wonder that just because I experienced some troubles after 5 pm in Mexico in a couple of Hiltons and in some Holiday Inns.

Thanx!

Player2
11-03-08, 18:07
Hi Guys,

Just rented Playa mar 703 and just wondering how is this apt.

Thanks for you reply.

Player2

Otown51
11-04-08, 05:58
Hi Guys,

Just rented Playa mar 703 and just wondering how is this apt.

Thanks for you reply.

Player2Very nice.

You will enjoy!

Lammtarra
11-25-08, 00:02
I just wanted to clear that Hilton doesn't make trouble with girls, just they require girl to have ID and if you paid for a single they charge you 2nd person (60K). Thats at night.

If you walk in with your chica daytime it's no problem no charge at all, you just walk straight to lifts or sit in the bar, have a drink then go up.

Just FYI,

Cheers

Lammtarra
11-26-08, 14:23
The Hilton is less strict than you may imagine.

or Probably they know all girls from LDV and they ask them ID but not to semipros who may look like your GF.

Yesterday night i came home with a semipro/normal girl making some income not picked up in LDV or similar and they let us walk in without asking anyhting or charging any fee.

also,it's two days they forget to charge me b'fast :)

Tom 33
11-26-08, 19:11
also,it's two days they forget to charge me b'fast :)I hope that you had the buffet. That was easily the most expensive breakfast that I have ever had in Colombia.

Lammtarra
11-28-08, 12:03
I hope that you had the buffet. That was easily the most expensive breakfast that I have ever had in Colombia.I plundered it! 2 omelettes and a dozen of arepas plus liters of guava juice, fruits, espresso.

World Travel 69
11-28-08, 17:50
Cartagena 11/28/08

Today One U.S. Dollar is worth Median price = 2,281.40 / 2,358.92 (bid/ask) COP. One Euro is Median price = 2,943.86 / 3,044.31 (bid/ask) COP. http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic http://www.dataifx.com/

Places to Stay

Apartments

1. Juan Ventura Apartments, Etc:
http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/index.htm
http://www.cartagenapenthouse.com

2. Michael & Karina.
http://www.colombiarental.net/ 100k+

3. http://www.cartagenaapartments.com US$40.-$1000.

4. http://www.cartagenaapartments.net US$80-140.

5. http://www.singletravel.com/colombia US$80+

6. http://www.cartagenacondos.com/ 4 Day Min. US$275+

7. http://www.venpro.net/fotosapartamentos/index.htm

8. Paul Juan Real Estate:
http://www.cartagenarealty.com/leases/leases.php

9. Cartagena's Finest Rentals. Mery, Tel: 011-57-5-655-0384.
http://www.colombiarental.com/rentals/index.htm

10. http://www.araujoysegovia.net/Cartagena/Home.asp

Hotels http://www.cartagenainfo.com/alojamientos/alojamientos.php?categoria=HOTELES&lang=ENG

1. Hilton Cartagena****, Avenida Almirante Brion, El Laguito, Estrato 6, WiFi, Pool, Hot Tub. Rates: US$179+. Tel: +57-5-665 0666, Fax: +57-5-6650661. http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=CTGHITW

2. Hotel Dann, Av. Las Velas # 1 – 60, El Laguito, Estrato 6. Rates: 100k for two. Toll Free: 01 8000 915341. Tel: (575) 665 0000. reservasdanncartagena@costa.net.co Central Reservas: (571) 610 8879. centralreservas@hotelesdann.com http://www.hotelesdann.com/content/category/2/7/12/

3. Hotel Estelar Oceania****, Calle 1N3 231 El Laguito. Rates: 110+. Tel: 5-655-0085, Fax: 575 655 0853.

4. Cartagena Plaza***, Carrera 1A, # 6 – 154, Bocagrande. Rates: US$114+, Pool. Tel: 57-5-665 4000.

5. Hotel San Pietro Cartagena, Carrera 3 # 4-401. Rates: US$72, Internet. http://www.cartagenacaribe.com/en/hotels/da-pietro/index.htm

6. Bahia Hotel, Carrera 4, Calle 4, Bocagrande. Rates: 145k-280k, Pool. Tel: 57 5 665 316. http://www.cartagenainfo.net/hotelbahia/english.html http://www.supercable.es/~ealmagro/bahia/ingles/index.htm

7. Hotel El Dorado***, Av. San Martin #4-41, Bocagrande. Rates: 190k, 244k, includes three meals, Internet, Pool. Tel: 665-0211. www.doradoplaza.com

8. Estrella del Mar, Av. San Martin #4-46, Bocagrande. Rates: US$30-137. http://www.hotelesdelmar.com/espanol/hestrella.htm http://www.hotelesbarahona.com/

9. Hotel Playa, Avenida San Martin # 4-87, Bocagrande. Rates: 136k - 200k, Pool, WiFi downstairs only. Tel: (57) (5) 665 0552, 665 0579, 665 0593, Fax: (57) 95) 665 0036. E-Mail:reservas@cartagenahotelplaya.com http://www.hotelplayactg.com/home.htm

10. Hotel Almirante*****, Av. San Martín, Calle 6 Esquina, Bocagrande. Rates: 225-420p. Tel: (57-5) 665 8811, Fax: (57-5) 665 8269. reservas@hotelalmirantecartagena.com http://www.hotelesestelar.com/php/plantillaHotel.php?hotel=-3

11. Hotel Charlotte, Av. San Martin # 7-126, Bocagrande. Rates: US$75-130. Tel: 57-5-665 9298. http://www.hotelescharlotte.com/ Chica Friendly after 11pm.

12. Hotel Bocagrande del Mar, Av. San Martin # 7-159, Bocagrande. Rates: US$35-148. Tel: 57-5-665 4435. http://www.hotelesdelmar.com/ http://www.hotelesbarahona.com/

13. Hotel San Martin, Av. San Martin # 8-164, Bocagrande. Rates: 100k-150k. Tel: (57 5) 665 4631, 665 4142, 665 6884, Fax: 665 4631. http://www.cartagenainfo.com/hotelsanmartin/index.html

14. Charleston Cartagena Hotel****, Carrera 3A, # 31-23, Plaza Santa Teresa, El Centro, WiFi, Pool. Rates: US$270+. Tel: 664-9494. reserv-charlesctg@hoteles-charleston.com

15. Las Tres Banderas, Calle Cochera del Hobo # 38-66. Rates: 139k-319k. Tel: 660-0160. http://www.hotel3banderas.com/?newlang=spa

16. Hotel El Viajero, Calle del Provenir # 35-38, El Centro. Rates: 65k, No Credit Cards. Tel: 5/664 3289.

17. Hotel Las Vegas, Calle San Agustin #6-08. Rates: 50k, No Credit Cards. Tel: 664 5619.

18. Los Balcones de Badillo, Calle Segunda de Badillo #36-12, El Centro. Rates: US$50-$150, WiFi, A/C. Tel: +57 5 660 17 03, Cell +57 5 300 805 09 16. E-mail: Losbalconesdebadillo@hotmail.com www.hotellosbalconesdebadillo.com

19. Hotel Casa del Curato, Calle del Curato # 38-89, Centro San Diego. Rates: 186k-208k, Pool. www.casacurato.com

20. Hotel Casa La Fe, Calle Segunda de Badillo # 36-125, Centro San Diego. Rates: 220k, Pool. Tel: 664-0366. www.casalafe.com

21. Hotel Las Velas, Calle Las Velas #1-60, La Boquilla. Rates: US$27-118. Tel: 57 (0) 56 650 000. http://wikimapia.org/1756196/Hotel-Las-Velas

Bomba del Amparo

1. Hotel Sol del Este****, Av la Calle Novena (9a).

Isla del Rosario

1. Cocoliso Isla Resort, Carrera 2 # 8-19, Bocagrande. Great place to spend a night or a day with your Chica. I had fun snorkeling and sitting by the pool bar talking to some Chicas. Tel: (095) 665 8884 - 665 9339 - Fax: 668-6207. www.cocolisoresort.com

2. Hotel Isla del Pirata. Excursiones Roberto Lemaitre, Calle 6 #2-26, Local 2, Edificio Granada, Bocagrande.
Rates: 238p+ first night, then price drops. Tel: (+575) 665 29 52 / 665 56 22. E-mail: reservas@hotelislapirata.com http://www.hotelislapirata.com/

Misc. Sites

1. http://www.loveme.com

2. http://www.cartagenaonline.com/disco.html

3. http://www.cartagenaonline.com/bares.html

4. http://www.cartagenainfo.com/a-z/discotecas/index.html

5. http://www.caribenet.com Web Cam and Info. Show off your chicas to your buddies at home.

6. http://www.cartagenainfo.net/

7. http://www.cartagenacaribe.com/en/where-to-go/night-life/vidanocturna.htm

Maps

1. http://www.mapas.com.co/visor2007/colombia.visor/visor.jsp

2. http://world.maporama.com/

Restaurants

1. Riquisimo, in the middle El Laguito between the Hilton Hotel and the Hotel Caribe. Hours: Open most nights till 5:00 am.

2. Loco Gringo (Pizza), across from LDV, El Laguito.

3. Manchi's/Israeli Restaurant. It is near the Punto.com Internet Cafe and Loco Gringo.

4. Crepes & Waffles, Carrera 3A # 4-76, Bocagrande. Tel: 57-5-665 2680, 665-72 58.

5. El Corral, Av. San Martin, Bocagrande.

6. La Dulceria on San Martin in Bocagrande has good salads and sweets.

7. Chef Julian, Carrera 3º, Bocagrande. Tel: 57-5-665 5220.

8. Farah Express (Arabian), Carrera. 2 # 9 – 125, near Avenida San Martin. Tel: 665 2751.

9. Restaurante San Pedro Claver in El Centro is very nice.

10. El Bistro, Calle de Ayos, El Centro, Lunch 8k to 10k.

11. La Cocina de Carmela, Calle del Santísimo (starts from the upper corner of Parque Fernández de Madrid), El Centro.

12. Quebracho Parrilla Argentina, Calle Baloco, El Centro. Tel: 57-5-664 1300.

13. Restaurante San Pedro Claver in El Centro is very nice.

14. Café Del Mar, Centro Historico, Baluarte Santo Domingo. Tel: (+57 5) 6646513 / 6646515. Hours: Cafe Del Mar 4 p.m. - 2 a.m. Tel: (+57 5) 6600506. Office Hours: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
http://www.cafedelmarcolombia.com/index.php?name=Sections&newlang=eng&req=viewarticle&artid=7&page=1

15. Leon De Baviera, Calle del Arsenal #10B-65, Getsemaní. Tel: (57 5) 6644450 / 12. Hours: Open Tuesday - Sunday from 4pm. Email: leondebavaria@yahoo.de http://www.leondebaviera.com/

16. Restaurante De la Noche Larga, Calle Larga 8 # B-32 and Calle 25, Getsemani. __ Chicas. Prices: ____. Tel.: (57 5) 664 9062. Hours: ___.

17. Club de Pesca, Fuerte Del Pastelilo, on the north end of Manga Island. Tel: 57-5-660 4594.

Tours

Invertours del Caribe (servicing Barranquilla, Cartagena, Santa Marta, & Valledupar), Calle 70 # 2-35 Crespo. Tel: 5-656-3757, Cell: 315-712-3683. www.invertours.com

Taxi from airport to Laguito is daytime fare is 14k, 14+k at Night.

Member #4258
12-13-08, 23:33
The Hilton is less strict than you may imagine.

or Probably they know all girls from LDV and they ask them ID but not to semipros who may look like your GF.

Yesterday night i came home with a semipro/normal girl making some income not picked up in LDV or similar and they let us walk in without asking anyhting or charging any fee.

also,it's two days they forget to charge me b'fast :)I'm glad this is finally clarifed. I could have stayed for free on Hilton points but chose to stay in a Marinare instead because I was concerned about problems.

My chica told me she had stayed in the Hilton many times and it's not a problem as long as the chica is presentable and has a segula.

On the plus side I liked my apartment but I'll try the Hilton next time.

Hoser

Silent Monger
02-01-09, 14:55
Dear fellow monders,

I am interested in this apartment listed on the following website:

http://www.cartagenacondos.com/info. Htm

For a brief sojourn in Cartagena later this year from which I hope to post some insightful reports of my haughty adventures. I have rented from Juan Ventura in the past and I am also seeking quotes from him this time around as well, however this apartment caught my eye and I was wondering if any fellow forum members have stayed here.

If so can you advise me if the apartment is well located, is it comfortable, is it chica friendly and are these people as reliable as Juan to deal with.

Any good information would be much appreciated.

Good mongering,

SM

Silent Monger
02-01-09, 15:11
Hi Hoser,

If you do stay at the Hilton next time I would be interested to hear about your experience there. On my visit to Cartagena I enjoyed using some of the facilities at the Hilton, pool area, retail stores, restaurants etc. I noted that the lobby of the Hilton was always busy with families and non-mongering type tourists, so I felt that even if they did allow you to bring in a chica there may be some walk-of-shame factor. Would like to know what you and others think.

Cheers

SM

Member #4258
02-02-09, 04:23
Hi Hoser,

If you do stay at the Hilton next time I would be interested to hear about your experience there. On my visit to Cartagena I enjoyed using some of the facilities at the Hilton, pool area, retail stores, restaurants etc. I noted that the lobby of the Hilton was always busy with families and non-mongering type tourists, so I felt that even if they did allow you to bring in a chica there may be some walk-of-shame factor. Would like to know what you and others think.

Cheers

SMYou're right,

I like to use the ATM at the Hilton so I checked the place out. It's got familes and you have to go around to use the elevator.

I usually pick chica's that look like they could be my GF. I usually don't go for silicone, I like the girl next door look which attacts less attention. Also once I find one I like, I spend the rest of the trip with the same chica so she does become my girlfriend. No big deal. Just the 20 year age difference.

My last trip I stayed at Marinare and I had kids and families in the elevator almost every ride.

Someday I'm going to use these damn Hilton points. There's a fabulous Hilton resort in Phuket and in Thailand they could care less. You could drag a three headed lady boy back and nobody would give you a second look.

Hoser

Ken_Apples
02-02-09, 15:17
I second to that!

In JW Marriot ( http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkkdt-jw-marriott-hotel-bangkok/ ) equal to Hilton Bkk, there was a +50y dude bringing 7 (seven!) girls in from the eden club. Not a reaction from the staff. - They sure know customer service!! :) - However, I would not suggest to try that in Cartagena ;)

There is a reason for the TIT letters, This is Thailand.

Cheers,

Ken Apples

You're right,
Someday I'm going to use these damn Hilton points. There's a fabulous Hilton resort in Phuket and in Thailand they could care less. You could drag a three headed lady boy back and nobody would give you a second look.

Hoser

Silent Monger
02-02-09, 15:34
You're right,

I like to use the ATM at the Hilton so I checked the place out. It's got familes and you have to go around to use the elevator.

I usually pick chica's that look like they could be my GF. I usually don't go for silicone, I like the girl next door look which attacts less attention. Also once I find one I like, I spend the rest of the trip with the same chica so she does become my girlfriend. No big deal. Just the 20 year age difference.

My last trip I stayed at Marinare and I had kids and families in the elevator almost every ride.

HoserSadly you could probably actually find a three headed lady boy in Phuket. You should use up those Hilton points you've accumulated, perhaps give the Cartagena Hilton a go and let us know how it went. You may have an enjoyable time especially given your strategy of choosing less conspicious looking chicas. It is interesting that in a place like Cartagena you spend your whole trip with the same chica. When presented with a bountiful smörgåsbord, one does not normally stick to the smoked ocean trout while ignoring the lobster tails at the other end of the spread. Cartagena is a table of plenty for mongers and you must be easily contented to stay with the one chica throughout your trip. How do you find your girl next door? Do you establish contact with internet chicas before you arrive?

SM

Silent Monger
02-02-09, 15:48
I just realised that the weblink I posted in my earlier query on this thread is not working, it is:

http://www.cartagenacondos.com/info.htm

If anybody can give me some information about the chica friendliness and suitability of this location that would be appreciated. Apparently the apartment is located within the Alta-Mar-Del-Cabrero Condominium Complex. If anyone has stayed there or knows someone who has I would be interested to hear about it.

Cheers,

SM

Member #4258
02-06-09, 02:11
Sadly you could probably actually find a three headed lady boy in Phuket. You should use up those Hilton points you've accumulated, perhaps give the Cartagena Hilton a go and let us know how it went. You may have an enjoyable time especially given your strategy of choosing less conspicious looking chicas. It is interesting that in a place like Cartagena you spend your whole trip with the same chica. When presented with a bountiful smörgåsbord, one does not normally stick to the smoked ocean trout while ignoring the lobster tails at the other end of the spread. Cartagena is a table of plenty for mongers and you must be easily contented to stay with the one chica throughout your trip. How do you find your girl next door? Do you establish contact with internet chicas before you arrive?

SMEverything you say is true. I've gone on trips where I've been with 2-3 per day and it's great. But usually after a few days I can relax better and enjoy myself with one. Once the sex is good and we click I like to keep a good thing. I've had it happen where I've let a great one go, and only been dissapointed for the next couple of nights. This last trip in CTG it only took until #3 and that's pretty quick. Sometimes it takes 10 dates and I end up with the first one anyways.

Some of these girls, (some) just look, act and/or dress like hookers. Pretty simple. This trip, my sweetie looked like moms apple pie. She took me all over CTG and we had a great time. She was my tour guide and took good care of me. I've found the same kind in Mexico, Thailand, Costa Rica and now Colombia. I usually need to help them dress down a bit though, since they often like to dress like hookers.

As far as the Hilton goes, it's tempting. I may stay my last 3 nights just to test. I'd like to relax by the pool for my last couple of days in peace an quiet. CTG can be a stressfull place with the "Senior! " "Senior! " "buy some of my shit". It can get to be a little much after being hastled a thousand times.

Hoser

Member #4258
02-06-09, 02:18
I second to that!

In JW Marriot ( http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkkdt-jw-marriott-hotel-bangkok/ ) equal to Hilton Bkk, there was a +50y dude bringing 7 (seven!) girls in from the eden club. Not a reaction from the staff. - They sure know customer service!! :) - However, I would not suggest to try that in Cartagena ;)

There is a reason for the TIT letters, This is Thailand.

Cheers,

Ken ApplesI've stayed at that JW before, only brought 4 back though! Rule of thumb, Marriott hotels do not interfere and neither do Sheratons. Holiday Inns seem to be the worst. Even in Phuket, the Holiday Inn won't allow guests.

Hoser

Member #4258
02-15-09, 18:04
Sadly you could probably actually find a three headed lady boy in Phuket. You should use up those Hilton points you've accumulated, perhaps give the Cartagena Hilton a go and let us know how it went. You may have an enjoyable time especially given your strategy of choosing less conspicious looking chicas. It is interesting that in a place like Cartagena you spend your whole trip with the same chica. When presented with a bountiful smörgåsbord, one does not normally stick to the smoked ocean trout while ignoring the lobster tails at the other end of the spread. Cartagena is a table of plenty for mongers and you must be easily contented to stay with the one chica throughout your trip. How do you find your girl next door? Do you establish contact with internet chicas before you arrive?

SMFish Monger,

I like your comparison with seafood. I had a room mate in college that brought home some fresh fish each weekend. I remember he'd call the stinky ones a "tuna". Once he brought back a real cute redhead but man-0-man did his room stink the next day. I couldn't beleive it! So for the moral of the story: It's all good to eat as long as it isn't a "tuna".

Hoser

World Travel 69
03-14-09, 15:23
Restaurante Recuerdos de Antioquia, Calle 5A # 254, Bocagrande. They have Great Inexpensive Sea Food and Steak. Tel: 66 55 663, Cell: 312 621 1216.

Me and buddy had a great seafood dinners last night. I had Sea Bass Marinara for 28k. My buddy 12 grilled prawns (tiger size) dinner for 30k. They have Lobster for around 45k.

SrLengua
03-15-09, 16:39
Good morning all,

I am planning my first visit to Cartagena and am looking for a suitable place to stay. I am interested in renting a small studio apartment from http://www.cartagenaapartments.com/ the studio is in Laguito, building, El Conquistador.

I have read page after page in the Cartagena section so I might be mistaken but I thought I read a comment somewhere stating that "the El Conquistador building did NOT permit chicas in the apartments". Can anyone confirm or deny this? Obviously, I wouldn't want to rent there if that were the case.

Would more than likely look into a rental with Juan or Mery. Thanks in advance for any info. you can provide. See you in early June!

SrLengua

Tom 33
03-15-09, 22:36
Good morning all,

I am planning my first visit to Cartagena and am looking for a suitable place to stay. I am interested in renting a small studio apartment from http://www.cartagenaapartments.com/ the studio is in Laguito, building, El Conquistador.

I have read page after page in the Cartagena section so I might be mistaken but I thought I read a comment somewhere stating that "the El Conquistador building did NOT permit chicas in the apartments". Can anyone confirm or deny this? Obviously, I wouldn't want to rent there if that were the case.

Would more than likely look into a rental with Juan or Mery. Thanks in advance for any info. you can provide. See you in early June!

SrLenguaTry Juan or Mery.

No chicas in El Conquistador.

SrLengua
03-15-09, 23:55
Tom,

Thank you for your response. I will look into a place to stay with Juan or Mery. And, thanks for the wealth of great information you share with all of us on ISG, CRT, PBH, etc.

SrLengua

Hilltopper
03-17-09, 22:26
I can echo to try Juan or Mery. You won't go wrong.

While you'd have to pay me a considerable sum (at least enough to go rent an apartment in a different building to stay in) to get me to stay in El Conquistador, we did coax security to letting us take 6 girls from LDV up to one of the penthouse apartaments one night around 2 am There were 6 guys and 6 girls, with 2 of the guys staying there. They refused our taking them upstairs for about 10-15 minutes, but finally relented (without propina).

Try Juan or Mery.

No chicas in El Conquistador.

SrLengua
03-18-09, 20:56
Thanks again gentlemen for your suggestions. I have secured a room through Mery at Playa Mar. Really looking forward to this trip. Now time to hit the espanol HARD. Maybe catch ya' down there.

Cheers,

SrLengua

El Cubanito
07-30-09, 13:33
I just realised that the weblink I posted in my earlier query on this thread is not working, it is:

http://www.cartagenacondos.com/info.htm

If anybody can give me some information about the chica friendliness and suitability of this location that would be appreciated. Apparently the apartment is located within the Alta-Mar-Del-Cabrero Condominium Complex. If anyone has stayed there or knows someone who has I would be interested to hear about it.

Cheers,

SMDid you stay here when you went to Cartagena this year?

El Cubanito
08-07-09, 12:37
Has anybody stay in the Alta-Mar-Del-Cabrero Condominium Complex in Cabero?

Can anybody who has stay there give me a Report of the night area is like? Is it like Laguito or is it more dangerous?

Please let me know or PM me.

Pacific1
08-21-09, 00:07
I've seen many posts recommending Juan over Mery for apartment rentals. Question is, which Juan? The list has a Juan Paul and a Juan Ventura. I'm going to Cartagena in early Sept for 4 days with 5 of my buddies and we're looking for three 2 BR apartments in the same building.

Any suggestions?

Hilltopper
08-21-09, 12:03
Juan Ventura. Three 2 bdrms in the same bldg----Juan might have 3 in Playa Marm, or 2 plus the 3-bdrm penthouse. The other route is to get the penthouse in Mirador del Laguito from Juan and 2 2-bdrm places from Mery in the same bldg.

With a total of 6 guys, by getting one of the penthouses (either in Playa Mar or Mirador) you'll have a central location that will accomodate all 6 of you meeting-up at one time (inclduding dates) for some fun, and then with two other places, you'll have sufficient space for more quiet or private moments.

I've rented from Mery and Juan, and I wouldn't hesitate to rent from either one of them again.

I've seen many posts recommending Juan over Mery for apartment rentals. Question is, which Juan? The list has a Juan Paul and a Juan Ventura. I'm going to Cartagena in early Sept for 4 days with 5 of my buddies and we're looking for three 2 BR apartments in the same building.

Any suggestions?

GringoLoco2
08-21-09, 16:46
I assume they are talking about Juan Ventura.

Any suggestions?

LocoGringo
08-22-09, 03:09
On the 9th floor of TorreMarina thee are 2-2 bedrooms and 1-3 bedroom that are rentals (all of that floor's apartments). Not listed with Mary or Juan, upscale apts, ck with reception there.

Pacific1
08-22-09, 16:56
Thanks for the info Hilltopper! I'll contact both of them and see if I can get the penthouse and the 2 bedroom apts in the same bldg.

Juan Ventura. Three 2 bdrms in the same bldg----Juan might have 3 in Playa Marm, or 2 plus the 3-bdrm penthouse. The other route is to get the penthouse in Mirador del Laguito from Juan and 2 2-bdrm places from Mery in the same bldg.

With a total of 6 guys, by getting one of the penthouses (either in Playa Mar or Mirador) you'll have a central location that will accomodate all 6 of you meeting-up at one time (inclduding dates) for some fun, and then with two other places, you'll have sufficient space for more quiet or private moments.

I've rented from Mery and Juan, and I wouldn't hesitate to rent from either one of them again.

Aba Corrado
08-22-09, 17:32
Would anyone recommend this place for a week. Its all inclusive so if i bring a chica would it be cost effective spending $160 a nite for meals and drinks vs. renting an $80 a nite apt. and spending extra for food and drinks for the girl and myself.

Thanks

Pacific1
08-26-09, 02:13
Anyone stayed at Casa Gloria?

I contacted Caribe Cordial and they suggested this place for our group of 6 people.

SlamCity7777
09-13-09, 21:25
Hey guys,

Wow! Thanks to all who make this board that it is.

I've been reading all the posts and it's almost too much info!

So I was thinking that some place near zona rosa would be cool. I'm looking for a one bed or studio for a weekend. I'd like to pay around $150 or less for the weekend for a nice place, clean, safe, can bring a girl back and stuff.

So if you've used a company or have a place/room. Please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks and see you in Colombia!

Hilltopper
11-11-09, 20:24
This website has Mery's landline number. PM me if you want her cell number as well. Mery's best apartments are in the Mirador del Laguito building.

http://www.colombiarental.com/

Juan has some nice apartments in some different buildings, such as Torres del Lago and Playa Mar. His contact info should be on this website:

Go back a page or two on this thread and you'll find where the poster World Travel has this information and much more provided in a list.

Enjoy your visit!!!

Also any ideas on apartments? I have been to Cartagena many times and usually rent from mery but lost her #. I actually stayed in the same building which is at most a few blocks from the hilton and the a/c's wern't that great. Anyone know of a better option?

I'm traveling solo.

Thanks,

Seth

CurrymasalaNYC
12-09-09, 16:04
I'm going to be in cartagena from 1/19/2010 to 1/21/2010 and am looking for a great apartment for 2 nights near all the action. Please email me or message me if you have anything. [Email address deleted by Admin]

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove email addresses in the text. Please do not post email addresses in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

World Travel 69
12-10-09, 08:09
Apartments are great if you are staying for a loooooong time. Not three days. You pay for a week, not three days. I wanted three days in Buenos Aires and they wanted a minimun of pay for a week. They do not understand that paying for three days is better than no one for a week.

Very Hard to Find, But maybe, if you are lucky?

I'm going to be in cartagena from 1/19/2010 to 1/21/2010 and am looking for a great apartment for 2 nights near all the action. Please email me or message me if you have anything. [Email address deleted by Admin]

CurrymasalaNYC
12-12-09, 21:15
He is cool and doesn't mind.

CurrymasalaNYC
12-13-09, 16:41
I'm staying near the Hilton on Almirante in Laguito. Anyone know the nearest gym? the name, address, phone number, rates. How far to walk to Bodytech in Bocagrande near Carrera 4 and Calle 6? is it still open? let me know.

Thanks

Neverenuff
12-16-09, 22:55
4 newbie guys. Need a 4br, 4 bath, wifi, close to the beach and action. We came upon this. Any good? Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

http://www.latinretreatscartagena.com/muralla-secreta

Edik Rough
12-23-09, 22:01
Address: Edificio Playa Mar in Laguito

Owner: Larry

Telephone: 311-686-7506

Email: ltblues@hotmail.com

Price: $50

My review:

The apartment is very nice. It has central air and fans. I would not say that the air conditioner is extremely powerful, but I was not hot in that place, and I am always hot. There is also hot water which is a huge luxury in Cartagena. The apartment is in pretty good condition although it does not look like it has been renovated anytime recently. There is a nice beach right outside of it to which you can enter straight from the building.

My interactions with Larry were also great. He met me the first day even though my flight was delayed 2. 5 hours. He had the number of towels that I have asked for, and gave me the orientation of the neighborhood. He also arrange a maid service when I asked him very seamlessly.

I would definitely stay there again.

Neverenuff
12-26-09, 13:37
My travel dates for cartagena are 01/17 - 01/26. We are 4 guys. In need of a 4br (or two 2br in same building) apts with wifi, bathrooms, safe, ac, hot water.

Our arrival date seems to fall into the beginning of the low season. I've contacted a couple of the ppl who were recommended here. Juan and Mery. They cannot secure what I need.

Please don't ask me to RTFF again. I've been scouring this forum forever. Our trip date is growing closer and we still don't have a place to stay out there. Someone please provide some helpful advice.

Manizales911
12-26-09, 16:15
My travel dates for Cartagena are 01/17. 01/26. We are 4 guys. In need of a 4br (or two 2br in same building) apts with wifi, bathrooms, safe, ac, hot water.

Our arrival date seems to fall into the beginning of the low season. I've contacted a couple of the people who were recommended here. Juan and Mery. They cannot secure what I need.

Please don't ask me to RTFF again. I've been scouring this forum forever. Our trip date is growing closer and we still don't have a place to stay out there. Someone please provide some helpful advice.All of January is high season in Cartagena, that is why Juan and Mery could not help you.

Good Luck

Chica Luva
02-25-10, 01:38
Hi,

I'm traveling to Cartagena for my first time and I found this site http://www.cartagenaapartments.com which seems to have $40 apts in Laguito. He wants a 60% deposit.

Anyone use this site before? Is is legit?

Thanks for any help!

TheShadow2
02-26-10, 19:28
It's a legitimate site. The 40-50 dollar apartments are in a building called "The Conquistador" which is pretty much a dump. (There is another 50 dollar in "Tres Carabelas" but that building is not chica friendly.)

Do yourself a favor, spend the extra 15-25 dollars a day and check out Juan Ventura's or Mery's apartments. A world of difference, it's just not worth saving that little amount of money for the sacrifice.

World Travel 69
02-27-10, 15:57
I stayed in this old building and had a good apartment, with a nice view.

It's a legitimate site. The 40-50 dollar apartments are in a building called "The Conquistador" which is pretty much a dump. (There is another 50 dollar in "Tres Carabelas" but that building is not chica friendly.)

Do yourself a favor, spend the extra 15-25 dollars a day and check out Juan Ventura's or Mery's apartments. A world of difference, it's just not worth saving that little amount of money for the sacrifice.

Blk Big Bootyluv
07-24-10, 01:36
First American Medellin Reality great company customer service was beyond reproach. I recommend them for mature sensable persons.

They were very accomadating and saved my group at the last minute. They helped save our trip and facilitated acclimation to life in MDE Colombia. Of course the places are chica friendly, but be sensable.

BBL

Smooth126
08-02-10, 21:29
Hey all,

I'll be in CTG from Aug. 12 -15. I'm looking for a low budget place to stay (basically cheap as possible). Looking for a hotel or a room in an apartment. I don't plan on spending much time in the room, but still, chica friendly would be great.

Does anyone know about Hotel Marlin?

Thanks in advance.

Havahopeful
02-09-11, 17:27
Can anyone comment on the quality and chica friendliness of this building?

I can't find any mention in the forum about it.

Thanks

Yujin
04-15-11, 21:15
I spent 7 nights in Cartagena at the end of March 2011. From information and recommendations posted by others, I contacted Juan Ventura by e-mail on the availability of a studio or 1-bedroom apartment during my stay. (I also e-mailed Mery about her apts, but got no response.) Juan responded promptly that the first apartment listed on his website was available for US$65 per night. To reserve the apartment, Juan required a one-night deposit via Western Union or PayPal. I paid via PayPal. His website is:

The apartment is located in El Laguito at the Edificio Torre Centauro, Apt #302, on Calle 1 #3-202. It's located three buildings away from the Hilton Hotel so it's a safe neighborhood. The taxi fare from the airport to El Laguito using the airport taxi booth was COP$16, 300 (US$8. 75).

From El Laguito to the Centro area, the taxi fare was COP$5, 000 (US$2. 70) during the day and COP $6, 000 (US$3. 25) at night.

Juan left my name and the apartment key with the front door receptionist. I had to pay a non-refundable registration fee of COP$5, 000. According to Juan, this is a fee mandated by the building and out of his control.

Later in the day, Juan met me at the apartment and I paid him the balance in US$. I don't know if he would take COP$ or EURO as payment. No cleaning or damage deposit was asked.

According to Juan, he manages the apartments listed on the website for their owners; he does not own any of them. He lives nearby so if there's a problem, he can respond quickly. Juan's English is pretty good. He's a Spaniard from Barcelona who has lived in Colombia for many years.

Juan gave me a walking tour of the neighborhood showing me the locations of two nearby 24-hour supermarkets. The locations of the supermarkets are important to know if you're staying at the apartment.

The apartment unit is located on the 3rd floor overlooking the beach. I don't know of anyplace where you can get this type of accommodation, view, and beach front location for only US$65 per night.

The beach is nice with direct access through the ground floor with shower / faucet to wash off the sand before returning to the apartment.

For me, the hot temperature, warm water, and beach were the highlights of my stay after a very long winter. I spent a couple of hours a day on the beach. The beaches aren't as nice as those in Hawaii or Florida. The sand isn't white and the water isn't crystal clear, but they seemed to be clean. They've built jetties throughout the length of the beaches in Bocagrande and El Laguito to form protective coves for swimming. The only downside is the constant pestering by the beach peddlers: sunglasses, hats, drinks, massages, oysters, jet ski rentals, cigars, watches, etc. At the beach in front of the apartment, there aren't as many peddlers compared to other nearby beaches so after a few days they aren't as bothersome unless you actually buy something then they'll never leave you alone.

The apartment is furnished with cheap Ikea-type sofa, chairs, tables, dishes, flatware, pots and pans. The kitchen has a microwave (which I couldn't get to work) , a full-size refrigerator, a blender, a toaster oven, and a 4-burner countertop stove. There is no stove oven.

The living room has a 36 or 40-inch LG flat screen TV mounted on the wall with CATV. There is also a DVD Blu-Ray player and AV tuner which I never used.

The bedroom has a full size bed, a DVD player, a 23 or 26-inch Samsung TV connected to cable, and a security safe.

There are A / C units for the living room and the bedroom, but I only used the one in the living room to cool the entire apartment.

The apartment is girl friendly. Whenever I talked with the door receptionist / security guys about getting a "novia" for the night, they were quick with advice about where to find one. There are a few streetwalkers around including trannies, but the trannies were obvious to me. The well known La Dolce Vita (LDV) Disco is less than a 5-minute walk away.

There were two drop-off laundry places a couple of buildings away.

Now some of the downsides, but no deal-busters that would keep me from staying here again:

1. No Wi-Fi, only LAN. Juan manages an apartment in the next building which does have Wi-Fi. He gave me the access password, but I had to go to the 2nd floor parking area to find a strong enough signal to connect using my iPod Touch which has a more limited Wi-Fi range. According to Juan, guests who've had laptop computers were able to connect via Wi-Fi when working close to the window.

2. This is NOT a serviced apartment so there's no maid service, no clean towels (3 bath towels are initially provided) , no bed made or new bed sheets provided. If you want maid service, Juan needs 24-hour advance notice and the service will cost an extra COP$20, 000 (US$10. 70).

3. I like having a kitchen since I prefer to wake up late, prepare my own breakfast and coffee, and eat breakfast watching the girls in their bikini on the beach. You'll have to buy and stock the kitchen with the basics including cleaning supplies, e. G, paper towels, dish soap and sponge. If you're staying for only a few days, it'll probably make more sense to stay in a hotel.

4. The apartment has lots of electrical outlets, but 1/3 of them don't work.

5. There's no balcony.

6. Only one of two elevators work and the working elevator did not inspire me with confidence in its safety. Luckily, the apartment is located on the 3rd floor so using the stairs is a good option.

If I was buying the place or staying for an extended time, there are some construction and maintenance defects that I could nitpick about. Overall, however, I thought the apartment was a good deal for US$65 per night, but keep in mind that my review is only about one specific apartment unit.

SIDE NOTE: When I arrived at the Edificio Torre Centauro, a person from the next door apartment building asked me if I'd be interested in their apartment. As I later walked through the neighborhood, I was approached with similar offers of apartment rentals. There appears to be a glut of apartments and condos in the El Laguito, Bocagrande and Castillogrande areas for-sale or rent. If you understand Spanish, you might be able to find an apartment to rent should Juan not have any available.

Yujin
04-18-11, 20:05
Here's one additional photo that shows the view of the beach from the apartment. I did find out that people on the beach can see inside the apartment so don't do what I did and stand naked in front of the window.

JimlaneFool
04-21-11, 21:21
What's up guys. This is my first post in the forum but reading you alls post have been very informative and entertaining. Me and a group of friends have rented two apts in Bocagrande at the Infinito Building. I wanted to know if anyone has stayed here before and if so, what is their policy regarding guest?

Also we are renting thru the Sol de Indias rental group. Does anyone have any experience with them that they can share?

Thanks folks.

Gringo7900
04-22-11, 18:01
The Santa Clara hotel in old city is nice, very expensive, the food is good, the peple friendly.

Gringo7900
04-22-11, 18:04
In February 4 year ago I know the Hilton is the best hotel in Cartagena, the breakfast is fantastic.

Is expensive, is good.

Manizales911
04-22-11, 20:16
What's up guys. This is my first post in the forum but reading you alls post have been very informative and entertaining. Me and a group of friends have rented two apts in Bocagrande at the Infinito Building. I wanted to know if anyone has stayed here before and if so, what is their policy regarding guest?

Also we are renting thru the Sol de Indias rental group. Does anyone have any experience with them that they can share?

Thanks folks.I can't answer your question as I have never stayed there before but I have one question for you, if you read all the posts shouldn't you have known to ask this question BEFORE you reserved the place? I hope it is girl friendly because you'll never get your deposit back amigo.

JimlaneFool
04-22-11, 21:25
I can't answer your question as I have never stayed there before but I have one question for you, if you read all the posts shouldn't you have known to ask this question BEFORE you reserved the place? I hope it is girl friendly because you'll never get your deposit back amigo.Made the reservations before I started reading the site. But thanks for your help Manizales911.

Kaos In NYC
06-16-11, 05:05
Hi Guys,

This site has always been good to me. I'm going to Cartagena with my long term girlfriend in late July (4 nights). Needless to say she is not aware of my mongering habits. Are there any hotels or bed and breakfasts you guys would recommend for a couple who wishes to have an inexpensive but safe stay in Cartagena? I'm already aware of the Hiltons etc. Unfortunatley for me I will not be chasing tail. Unless we get into a big argument and I get a night to myself LOL. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or reccomendations on an area to stay.

Thanks

Yujin
06-16-11, 07:54
Are there any hotels or bed and breakfasts you guys would recommend for a couple who wishes to have an inexpensive but safe stay in Cartagena? I'm already aware of the Hiltons etc.What do you consider "inexpensive"?

Golfinho
06-16-11, 14:16
I.

The apartment is located in El Laguito at the Edificio Torre Centauro, Apt #302, on Calle 1 #3-202. It's located three buildings away from the Hilton Hotel so it's a safe neighborhood. . Is that the one where the bedroom's located over top the automatic garage door and you hear the thing opening and closing while you're trying to sleep. Not the best building.

Kaos In NYC
06-17-11, 03:35
What do you consider "inexpensive"?Less than $200 per night in a nice area. I would do a Bed and breakfast. From what I'm reading in the forum it looks like its not really worth it to stay in an apartment for 4 nights only.

Thanks

Yujin
06-17-11, 05:13
Is that the one where the bedroom's located over top the automatic garage door and you hear the thing opening and closing while you're trying to sleep. Not the best building.NOPE. . . The bedroom is on the 3rd floor on the beach side; not the street side so it wouldn't be under any garage door. If there is a loud garage door, it has to be real LOUD to hear it on the 3rd floor on the other side of the building.

The only annoying noise that I heard were the loud pigeons on the bedroom A / C in the morning. . . . Always in the morning.

Hilltopper
06-18-11, 00:02
Less than $200 per night in a nice area. I would do a Bed and breakfast. From what I'm reading in the forum it looks like its not really worth it to stay in an apartment for 4 nights only.

ThanksSince you are bringing your own sweetie, I'd recommend staying in the old city. If you've paid Jackson and have pm privileges, then send me one and I'll respond back with contact info for a couple of bed and breakfast type of places. No sense in me putting them out here because they are of no use for mongers. If you do want to monger on the side, you can always go do the duty at one of the better love motels.

Yujin
06-18-11, 04:20
Less than $200 per night in a nice area. I would do a Bed and breakfast. From what I'm reading in the forum it looks like its not really worth it to stay in an apartment for 4 nights only.

ThanksFor US$200 per night, you have lots of options. The Old Town or Centro Historico has the Hotel Charleston which is at the top range of your limit. If it was me, I'd probably stay at the Hotel Capilla Del Mar http://www.capilladelmar.com/en in Bocagrande since I'm more of a beach-type guy.

Mistero1
08-05-11, 19:24
Hola,

I'll be in Cartagena for 4 nights and I'm looking for a place to stay. I prefer to find an hotel in El Centro but it seem that are all very expensive. I think to pay no more then 80$ per night, anyone can help me?

Thanks

Cachorro
08-06-11, 23:19
Hola,

I'll be in Cartagena for 4 nights and I'm looking for a place to stay. I prefer to find an hotel in El Centro but it seem that are all very expensive. I think to pay no more then 80$ per night, anyone can help me?

ThanksHttp://www.hotel3banderas.com/

As with any hotel in Cartagena, it's going to be difficult or impossible to have a series of different girls in your hotel room.

Most ISG members recommend apartments in Bocagrande.

Hillbilly69
08-06-11, 23:37
Hola,

ThanksCentro Hotel is 60 a night real close to Elektra. Chica friendly http://www.centrohotelcartagena.net/

Hillbilly69
08-07-11, 00:01
Centro Hotel is 60 a night real close to Elektra. Chica friendly.

http://www.centrohotelcartagena.net/Wow cross that off its North of 80 a night now damn inflation. Hotel El Viajero, Hotel Porvenir and Hotel Las Vegas are by Plaza estudiente and Bannanas but only one of them was nice but all chica friendly. http://www.hotelelviajero.com/viajero.htm

Mistero1
08-07-11, 20:12
Thank you guys, I think I'll choose one of the hotels that you suggest to me!

Hioctane
08-14-11, 11:09
I'll be staying 2 nights in September. I'm looking for a chica friendly hotels in Laguito in the $50 range. If my friends come, I'll get an apartment with Juan or Mery, but if I'm going to be solo, I don't think it's worth it to get an apartment. Any recommendations? In DR, there are these luxury quickie motels that you can negotiate LT rates for. Are any of these quickie motels like this?

Hillbilly69
08-15-11, 22:52
I'll be staying 2 nights in September. I'm looking for a chica friendly hotels in Laguito in the $50 range. If my friends come, I'll get an apartment with Juan or Mery, but if I'm going to be solo, I don't think it's worth it to get an apartment. Any recommendations? In DR, there are these luxury quickie motels that you can negotiate LT rates for. Are any of these quickie motels like this?There is only 2 Hotels in Laguito Hotel Dann and Hilton and they are 120 a night plus. No cabanas in Cartagena. Get a one bedroom from Juan or Mery you cheap fucker.

Hioctane
08-16-11, 20:27
There is only 2 Hotels in Laguito Hotel Dann and Hilton and they are 120 a night plus. No cabanas in Cartagena. Get a one bedroom from Juan or Mery you cheap fucker.Juan and Mery are asking for 75+ for one person. Not worth it. If I was going with a wing it would be worth it because then it would be 100 split between 2. Actually I found some marked on your map as "Budget hotels". Hotel Barahona 446, Hotel Bonavento Real, etc. Seem to be in that area for around $35-$50. I'm just not sure if they are chica friendly. I don't see any reviews and nobody wants to explore and if someone does they get blasted for using anyone other than "Juan or Mery". And people wonder why prices are so inflated in Cartagena when people just follow the sheep.

Hillbilly69
08-17-11, 16:35
Juan and Mery are asking for 75+ for one person. Not worth it. If I was going with a wing it would be worth it because then it would be 100 split between 2. Actually I found some marked on your map as "Budget hotels". Hotel Barahona 446, Hotel Bonavento Real, etc. Seem to be in that area for around $35-$50. I'm just not sure if they are chica friendly. I don't see any reviews and nobody wants to explore and if someone does they get blasted for using anyone other than "Juan or Mery". And people wonder why prices are so inflated in Cartagena when people just follow the sheep.You trying to save 20 dollars a night reminds me of your staying in Centro Medellin idea or your wearing extra 3 set of clothes on Spirit Airline idea in order to save your carry on bag fee. Your pinching pennies where its going to bite you in the ass. Those budget hotels on that strip are like houses with apartments for rent and that street at night is not as safe at night as Laguito, especially for you. Those places more than likely are chica friendly as are all the rest in Boca Grande and LaGuito.

Hioctane
08-19-11, 18:21
You trying to save 20 dollars a night reminds me of your staying in Centro Medellin idea or your wearing extra 3 set of clothes on Spirit Airline idea in order to save your carry on bag fee. Your pinching pennies where its going to bite you in the ass. Those budget hotels on that strip are like houses with apartments for rent and that street at night is not as safe at night as Laguito, especially for you. Those places more than likely are chica friendly as are all the rest in Boca Grande and LaGuito.Staying in Centro Medellin is a good idea if you plan on doing strictly casas and Centro stripclubs. It just wasn't for me because I like to do non-pros too. Wearing 3 sets of clothes on Spirit is a good idea if the flights were still 100-220 and you were only going for a weekend. Not so much any more. All I'm saying is there are lots of places to explore and many different levels of budgets. Just throwing a blanket over everything and saying those are the only places you should stay at is not helping everyone. Hopefully, people do more reviews of different places to stay.

Member #4244
08-19-11, 20:51
I'll be staying 2 nights in September. I'm looking for a chica friendly hotels in Laguito in the $50 range. If my friends come, I'll get an apartment with Juan or Mery, but if I'm going to be solo, I don't think it's worth it to get an apartment. Any recommendations? In DR, there are these luxury quickie motels that you can negotiate LT rates for. Are any of these quickie motels like this?There are some places at that price or even cheaper. The best option was once el edificio conquistador but their prices have increased dramatically. What used to be 60K-110K pesos is now twice that. They weren't super chica friendly but friendly enough. There is also a place by the blockbuster in bocagrande, right by toasted subs, the military store and the supermarket (cannot remember the name, all blue sign) that was 80K pesos but now they have increased rates and charge per person rather than per room. In that same area is a very small, very basic hotel, little TV and AC but it's like 30-40K pesos a night. Very basic but it might fit your bill, poke around, you will find it.

On the whole, it's hard to find a good, cheap hotel in CTG. Some of the places for around 75 USD a night are decent, not sure how chica-friendly they are, usually I took a GF to ctg, did not monger.

Fncrow
08-25-11, 05:41
Hey guys,

I'm going to Cartagena for 2 months to attend a spanish course and would like to find an apartment to rent in Centro while I'm there. Only problem is I can't find anything other than vacation rentals and I refuse to pay 2-3k a month for a place, I know locals who live there arent paying that much a month to rent. Anyone know of anything or of any website that list non vacation rentals? I would need the place to be fully furnished and hopefully under 1kUSD / month.

ScottoD
08-27-11, 04:16
I booked a last minute flight from Medellin yesterday to Cartagena and I will be there tomorrow night through Wednesday. I callled hotel Viajero and I think I have a reservation there. About 60K Pesos with wifi and AC. I think. About $34.

Hope it is good. Since I am arriving late I will probably settle into hotel and go to LDV. I assume its open late but I haven't been researching too much time on internet because I have been too busy trying to get situated in Medellin. Whats funny is as soon as I start to get my bearings in one city off to another.

If anyone is in Cartagena between tomorrow and Wednesday, pm me.

I will def post my newbie trip report upon my return to the states.

Hillbilly69
08-27-11, 09:58
I booked a last minute flight from Medellin yesterday to Cartagena and I will be there tomorrow night through Wednesday. I callled hotel Viajero and I think I have a reservation there. About 60K Pesos with wifi and AC. I think. About $34.

Hope it is good. Since I am arriving late I will probably settle into hotel and go to LDV. I assume its open late but I haven't been researching too much time on internet because I have been too busy trying to get situated in Medellin. Whats funny is as soon as I start to get my bearings in one city off to another.

If anyone is in Cartagena between tomorrow and Wednesday, pm me.

I will def post my newbie trip report upon my return to the states.Relize your hotel is next to Bannanas and a short walk to Electra at 3am when it opens. Your hotel is nothing fancy, I don't think it has private bathroom but there is some Euro chics that stay there. Look at map wouldn't hurt you. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?vps=3&jsv=329b&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=202115846141467908565.0004a0706d2b411420a83

ScottoD
08-27-11, 14:56
[QUOTE=Hillbilly69; 1190865]Relize your hotel is next to Bannanas and a short walk to Electra at 3am when it opens. Your hotel is nothing fancy, I don't think it has private bathroom but there is some Euro chics that stay there. Look at map wouldn't hurt you.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?vps=3&jsv=329b&hl=en&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=202115846141467908565.0004a0706d2b411420a83

[/QUOT.

Is that good to be close to Bananas? Do you suggest something else?

Allover
09-01-11, 05:09
I'm going to CTG for three nights in mid September. I'm about to book the Cartagena Regatta. Their rate of $7 / night seems decent, it faces the ocean, and the reviews are pretty good. Is the Regatta an easy walk to LDV and the SWs of Laguito? It appears to be close on Hillbilly's map (thanks Hillbilly). Will I have a problem taking a girl back there or do the girls have short time motels that are safe?

Would appreciate any answers or suggestions from you guys.

Cm6363
11-05-11, 13:19
Gents, thanks for so much for great posts. I have a lot of great info for Costa Rica, Medellin and Cartagena. I have been through all the posts on Cartagena places to stay and could still use a little help. I wrote to two apartment providers, but I am not sure how reputable they are and have not heard back. I have also read that Cartagena hotels are not that Chica friendly, but not sure which ones are.

I am going with no Spanish skills in case that matters. (I'm not worried, never stopped me before). If any of you gents could please just provide a short list of chica friendly hotels or reliable apartments, I would appreciate it. I would like to keep the cost down to $50. $100 per night and stay within walking distance from the beach. Also room security (or a reliable safe) is important.

Thanks!

Chesscat
11-05-11, 18:28
I emailed that dude Juan Ventura and he got back to me immediately. Someone posted his email earlier, I don't know what the rule are but if you search this thread you can find his email. The apts he manages seem to be on the high end, but maybe he can find you what you are looking for. But I was impressed with how quickly he got back to me. He was not impressed that I am not going until next May. But in any event I will get in touch with him before then. Has anyone been on a boat trip up the Río Sinú, to Montería from Cartagena, or vice versa? Or is that not even possible and a ridiculous question_

Questner
01-26-12, 07:18
There is only 2 Hotels in Laguito Hotel Dann and Hilton and they are 120 a night plus. No cabanas in Cartagena. Get a one bedroom from Juan or Mery you cheap fucker.Guys, likely I won't be able to commit to an apartment rental for my March first trip as I may come visit for a couple of days and then revisit the city a week or two later. I am looking for a budget to a mid range guest friendly hotel alternative in Centro or Bocagrande. If anyone had an experience staying please share the information about the hotel. Are there any 24/7 no guest fee hotels? Are there any which allow guests before say 11 pm and bluntly don't allow in later hours? How much a guest fee might be? Is it a good idea to book double or it won't work out with a parade of visitors?

Hillbilly69
01-26-12, 12:34
guys, likely i won't be able to commit to an apartment rental for my march first trip as i may come visit for a couple of days and then revisit the city a week or two later. i am looking for a budget to a mid range guest friendly hotel alternative in centro or bocagrande. if anyone had an experience staying please share the information about the hotel. are there any 24/7 no guest fee hotels? are there any which allow guests before say 11 pm and bluntly don't allow in later hours? how much a guest fee might be? is it a good idea to book double or it won't work out with a parade of visitors?don't understand why you can't stay in apartment for a couple days? , you think you have to commit to a lease or something? a whole bunch of hotels in bocagrande on the cheap next to the smaller olympica on carrera 3 you could just get dropped off there and look for one when you arrive or look at map. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?vps=3&jsv=329b&hl=en&ie=utf8&oe=utf8&msa=0&msid=202115846141467908565.0004a0706d2b411420a83 if your a big spender try the hilton or almirante. there is some big hotels in construction in bocagrande, the intercontinental, and 3 or 4 others but it is a couple years out at the speed they are building. centro hotel in centro if your interested in staying in centro it is near the elektra just google their website.

Questner
01-27-12, 07:51
don't understand why you can't stay in apartment for a couple days? , you think you have to commit to a lease or something? a whole bunch of hotels in bocagrande on the cheap next to the smaller olympica on carrera 3 you could just get dropped off there and look for one when you arrive or look at map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?vps=3&jsv=329b&hl=en&ie=utf8&oe=utf8&msa=0&msid=202115846141467908565.0004a0706d2b411420a83

if your a big spender try the hilton or almirante. there is some big hotels in construction in bocagrande, the intercontinental, and 3 or 4 others but it is a couple years out at the speed they are building. centro hotel in centro if your interested in staying in centro it is near the elektra just google their website.great map. is centro hotel gf and will it allow visitors after 3 am (read guests from elektra)? have you stayed in one of the el cheappos at carrera 3 in boca?

Hillbilly69
01-27-12, 08:57
Great map. Is Centro Hotel GF and will it allow visitors after 3 am (read guests from Elektra)? Have you stayed in one of the el cheappos at Carrera 3 in Boca?No, but I stopped and looked at a few last trip. I have no reason to stay at Centro Hotel for 80 bucks a night when Juan Ventura has Ocean front apartments for 75, that and the bathroom is bigger than the entire rooms in the other hotels. Good Luck.

Charisman
02-09-12, 06:03
Has anyone stayed here? Is it chica friendly? Also is it one of the best / newest in Cartagena as they claim?

ProfBirkermaie
03-07-12, 14:29
Anyone know a good hotel or hostel or appartment in Cartagena whic is girlfrinedly? (Laguito, Boca Grande, Centro o otro barrio)? I want spent no more 50 us dollars.

Thank you

Joey Smith
05-20-12, 23:26
All. Just bought a great studio apartment in the LaGuito tourist area of Cartagena. Great location. Five minute walk to Hollywood Beach. 10th floor apt with Ocean view and chica friendly building staff. Minimum 3 day stay. $75 a nite. Stay longer price drops. Send me a PM and I 'll send you a link that shows the interior. 4 minute walk to LDV.

Paulda
05-23-12, 15:18
Will be in Cartagena in June and am planning to rent an apartment from Juan. Has anyone stayed at Cent 302, Marin 404 or PLaya 301? If so, which is the best apartment for the ocean view and is chica-friendly. Also, how bad is the humidity in June?

Thanks for the help.

Hilltopper
06-11-12, 16:29
Probably a little late with this response, but just in case. I've stayed in 2 out of the 3: Marin 404 and Playa 301. Both of those face the water and have a balcony with direct view of the sea. Between those two, Playa 301 is a little more spacious, better furnishings, etc. According, it's also priced a little higher. You'll be fine in either one. Can't speak for Cent 302.

The humidity is high in CTG pretty much all the time. The breeze from Jan. to Mid-April or so does make the humidity in those months a little more tolerable and seem less. Count on high humidity; after a hot day outside, enjoy a cool, refreshing shower with your favorite chica and then make the love indoors in the comforts of your air conditioned apartment!

Will be in Cartagena in June and am planning to rent an apartment from Juan. Has anyone stayed at Cent 302, Marin 404 or PLaya 301? If so, which is the best apartment for the ocean view and is chica-friendly. Also, how bad is the humidity in June?

Thanks for the help.

Questner
06-13-12, 04:25
Cent 302 has got nice ocean views. No balcony however.

LuvnLatinas
06-15-12, 23:06
I may have the opportunity to stay in Cartagena for 3 months, Dec through feb. Would need an apartment with internet and utilities inlcuded. Emailed Juan but nothing available. Anyone know of other contacts for apartment rentals?

Hilltopper
06-16-12, 15:42
What price range or amount are you wanting for a 3-month rental during Dec thru Feb?

As you probably know, the problem with renting in Laguito, Bocagrande, the Old City, etc, during this time period is that the owner likes to get "High Season" rates for Dec 15th through Jan 15th. Plus, some reservations are already on the books due to the high demand. Depending on what you're willing to pay for a 3-month rental, they may be able to get the same amount for just the 30-day "High Season" for an apartment in the most desirable locations. Absent factoring in the high season rates, that's the hurdle, unless you are willing to look outside the tourist zones.

I know a couple of private owners who each have one apartment that they rent in Laguito (when they are not there) , but I wouldn't want to waste your time or theirs with unrealistic expectations on either your or their part.

I may have the opportunity to stay in Cartagena for 3 months, Dec through feb. Would need an apartment with internet and utilities inlcuded. Emailed Juan but nothing available. Anyone know of other contacts for apartment rentals?

Hillbilly69
06-16-12, 17:05
I may have the opportunity to stay in Cartagena for 3 months, Dec through feb. Would need an apartment with internet and utilities inlcuded. Emailed Juan but nothing available. Anyone know of other contacts for apartment rentals?Try

http://www.cartagenainfo.net/alojamientos/alojamientos.php?categoria=APARTAMENTOS&lang=ENG

Or

http://colombia.en.craigslist.org/apa/

LuvnLatinas
06-17-12, 20:42
What price range or amount are you wanting for a 3-month rental during Dec thru Feb?

As you probably know, the problem with renting in Laguito, Bocagrande, the Old City, etc, during this time period is that the owner likes to get "High Season" rates for Dec 15th through Jan 15th. Plus, some reservations are already on the books due to the high demand. Depending on what you're willing to pay for a 3-month rental, they may be able to get the same amount for just the 30-day "High Season" for an apartment in the most desirable locations. Absent factoring in the high season rates, that's the hurdle, unless you are willing to look outside the tourist zones.

I know a couple of private owners who each have one apartment that they rent in Laguito (when they are not there) , but I wouldn't want to waste your time or theirs with unrealistic expectations on either your or their part.Thanks for the links HT. I would like to find something in the $1000 neighborhood but I think that may be unlikely because of the time-frame.

Hilltopper
06-18-12, 09:36
Yeah, that's going to be a tough one if you're looking at the typical Laguito or Bocagrande high-rise apartment. We have to also remember that in the areas where most tourists stay, the monthly bill for utilities can be $10+ a day (strata 5 or 6 rates, and many of us will typically run the aircon units all the time; take hot showers, etc.)

Thanks for the links HT. I would like to find something in the $1000 neighborhood but I think that may be unlikely because of the time-frame.

Questner
06-19-12, 05:01
I may have the opportunity to stay in Cartagena for 3 months, Dec through feb. Would need an apartment with internet and utilities inlcuded. Emailed Juan but nothing available. Anyone know of other contacts for apartment rentals?Try these ones:

Araujoysegovia com.

Inmobiliariacartagena com.

Viviendasltda com.

Inmobiliariainversionescarazo com.

Arenassa com.

Bozzimbett com.

Coldwellbanker com co.

Sucasainmobiliaria com.

Inmobiliariami com.

There are units that fit you bill for long term. Not a lot but it is possible to find. E-mail the above and ask. Maybe they will require prepayment and security deposit or other guarantees.

JD067
08-20-12, 21:42
Dear all,

I will be in Cartagena soon (my first time) and I was going to stay in the Hilton. Do you know if it is chica-friendly?

Thanks very much.

Joey Smith
09-20-12, 23:31
Dear all,

I will be in Cartagena soon (my first time) and I was going to stay in the Hilton. Do you know if it is chica-friendly?

Thanks very much.Don't believe it is. They always have security put front.

Stavvrrooss
09-21-12, 17:13
Is the Hilton in Cartagena girl-friendly?

Do you know any website that rents apartments in the very vicinity of the Hilton, I want to stay there as my friends already booked the Hilton? What is the name of that area, I'm having problems with apartment websites because I don't know where those areas are and I don't have exact addresses to check on google maps.

Tiny 12
09-22-12, 19:51
Stav, I've never stayed at the Hilton, but from reports here it's not particularly girl friendly. You will be staying in Laguito, which is a peninsula. The Hilton is at the very southwest end of Laguito. I would recommend renting from Mary Salence,

http://www.colombiarental.com/contact.php

Or from Juan Ventura,

http://venproreviews.com/

You can be reasonably sure you'll get a girl friendly apartment if you tell them that's what you want. Mongers account for a high percentage of their business. And the majority of their inventory is in Laguito. That's why I'd recommend you check with them first, even though I believe there are other agents with bigger inventory.

I won't do business with anyone except Mery because I know she's got my back if something goes wrong in Cartagena. Juan has a better selection of apartments. If I remember correctly from the other thread you're looking for something large and very nice so Juan might be better able to fit the bill. But look at the sites and make your own decision.

Nordanstad
10-11-12, 13:39
Anyone knows how to book an apt at the new Palmetto in Cartagena for a week?

Thanks in advance. It has been warmly recommended.

Coronel
12-11-12, 19:19
Gentlemen,

I've been offered an apartment in Edif. Sky II, Bocagrande for 2. 300. 000 / month (starting mid-January).

What do you make of that building? Any obstacles to serius mongering?

Coronel
12-11-12, 23:17
All. Just bought a great studio apartment in the LaGuito tourist area of Cartagena. Stay longer price drops.Hello Joey, interested in 30 days stay, starting mid-January. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Hilltopper
12-12-12, 18:17
Gentlemen,

I've been offered an apartment in Edif. Sky II, Bocagrande for 2. 300. 000 / month (starting mid-January).

What do you make of that building? Any obstacles to serius mongering?It's a fairly new bldg, say 3 years or so that is across the street from the Blockbuster Video (other end of Bocagrande from Laguito) on San Martin Ave. If that price is pesos for a one-month rental and includes all services, is furnished, etc., then sounds favorable to me. If it's a longer-term, say 6 months or 1-year, then that's a different question.

As to chica friendly, I don't have first-hand experience with that building. I'd do one of two things: I'd call the building directly and ask one of the porters or ask the owner / manger of the apartment. Why beat around the Bush; working girls are legal in Colombia. If I preferred to tip-toe the issue (which I wouldn't) , I'd email Juan Ventura and ask him what he knows about that building, specifically as to bringing-in working girls and whether he can refer you to a contact who would know for certain about that building. If you are not confident with your Spanish, then have someone who is call the building. Best to know exactly what you are dealing with before committing money or signing agreement.

Coronel
12-13-12, 00:47
As to chica friendly, I don't have first-hand experience with that building. I'd do one of two things: I'd call the building directly and ask one of the porters or ask the owner / manger of the apartment.Thanks for your answer, HT. I received a prompt reply from the lady managing the Sky II apartment: a flat no to "prostitution". Got to to respect her straightforwardness, she saved me, or anyone reading this, time and money. Will go to someone else with a more favourable attitude.

Anyway, if you're saying 2300000 COP is not even that cheap (in Mirador del Laguito they were asking for 2500000 COP, I had stayed there a week and liked its tidiness) , then what would be a good price for 30 days?

Hilltopper
12-13-12, 07:27
Thanks for your answer, HT. I received a prompt reply from the lady managing the Sky II apartment: a flat no to "prostitution". Got to to respect her straightforwardness, she saved me, or anyone reading this, time and money. Will go to someone else with a more favourable attitude.

Anyway, if you're saying 2300000 COP is not even that cheap (in Mirador del Laguito they were asking for 2500000 COP, I had stayed there a week and liked its tidiness) , then what would be a good price for 30 days?

I think 2. 3 mil COP for a one-month rental in Sky II is favorable/in-line, as long as it's furnished and includes all services, air, wifi, etc. If you were signing a contract for a 6-month or 1-year rental, then I think you could do somewhat better.

As to the Mirador, a studio I presume? For reference, when staying a week or so, the nightly rate for a studio there is around $60 USD. Say 110, 000 COP. So the 2, 500, 000 COP asking price is a 25% discount off the nightly rate you'd pay for a normal short-term rental. Now, some apartments aren't furnished, equipped or kept up as nice or well as others, but if the Mirador apartment in question is comparable to one of the studios Mery has there, then the price they are asking isn't really out of line for a one-month rental. Maybe tell 'them you'll take it for 2. 0 mil or 2. 2 mil (or the 2.3 that you could get Sky II).

On your inquiry to the lady who manages the Sky II apartment. In retrospect, I probably should have elaborated a little about the meaning of being direct with a Colombian. While I believe in finding out for certain by directly asking, I would phrase my question in a way that is palatable (tactful) to Colombians, and adjust it a little depending on whether it was a male or female Colombian and whether it was one of the building porters or the rental owner / manager.

For example, I'd prefer to ask one of the building porters and I'd ask him if there are any restrictions / building policies for bringing amigas or novias to your apartment. Such as: He'll know what your asking when you ask " rumba con dos or tres amigas en mi apratamento no problemo?" For a female who manages the apartment, you'd word it a little lighter, such as: I have some amigas and a novia who will want to visit and stay with me on occasion, will that be okay?

If you did take that kind of subtle approach in asking her directly and she came back with "no prostitution", then you're right, she did you a favor with her straightforwardness. If you were just blunt and asked if it was okay to bring-in prostitutes (using that word or something denoting same), then I have to apologize for not elaborating, which means my earlier response was misleading on just how direct I'd be in asking, LOL. Colombianos like to be discrete (at times coy), IMO it's like they pretend they don't see the elephant in the room as long as no one speaks obviously or makes a scene about what that elephant does or is doing.

Take the sly approach in phrasing the question; they'll know what you mean and they get to keep face so to speak, while you still get the information that you need by asking directly about your amigas (plural) and novia.

Coronel
12-13-12, 08:51
Just a brief reply this time.

The Mirador studio I was talking about is number 705.

I wouldn't use the word prostitution but she did ("no prostitutes, male or female", to be exact). And it's good that she did. What had I asked her in my brief message was "Tiene agua caliente, internet, vigilante en la recepcion, posibilidad de traer a un acompañante?". But I will modify the last one anyway.

And my search goes on.

Coronel
12-16-12, 03:33
Gentlemen,

Are constantly changing late night companions allowed in Torre del Lago?

Joey Smith
12-16-12, 15:16
Hello Joey, interested in 30 days stay, starting mid-January. Make me an offer I can't refuse.Make you an offer? Still high season in Cartagena. Its a very comfortable modern pad. Chica friendly building. No hassles. Can only do one week at this point.

Hilltopper
12-17-12, 05:02
Gentlemen,

Are constantly changing late night companions allowed in Torre del Lago?Torres del Lago in Laguito? If so, then the answer is yes, unless there's been a recent change. In the past they've actually had too lenient of a chica policy. What do I mean by that? Chicas walking right by the front reception desk without being stopped and going straight to your apartment. It's happened more than once. Especially if you get drunk and do a street urchin early on in your stay- she gets the notion that it's now okay to arrive unannounced at your door to give you a daily early evening blowjob between 6 - 8 pm. You'll appreciate them stopping her and buzzing you first because after that first day of getting unpacked and getting your zeppelin immediately polished, you've moved onto better talent and slightly more sophisticated company, LOL.

Hillbilly69
12-19-12, 12:16
Anyone know of a 4 or 5 bedroom apt or house for rent down there? I figured their best best would be 2 apts. 1002 and 903 in Mirador but they would rather be together and I ain't sure management would go for the amount of chicas they want.

DeepMmpactt
12-21-12, 11:09
All. Just bought a great studio apartment in the LaGuito tourist area of Cartagena. Great location. Five minute walk to Hollywood Beach. 10th floor apt with Ocean view and chica friendly building staff. Minimum 3 day stay. $75 a nite. Stay longer price drops. Send me a PM and I 'll send you a link that shows the interior. 4 minute walk to LDV.Hey joey,

My name is Deepmmpactt, I'm very interested in your apt information pi ii, its 3 of us and we would like a chica friendly apt, hopefully together, but we will settle for 3 separate single alts, next door to each other. What price range can we expect? We are there in April 2 thru 10th, We are big dudes, so we require 3 at least queen sized bed, to fit our fat asssess. LMAO! We would appreciate suggestions.

JeffCooper
02-06-13, 14:49
Guys,

I posted this in the wrong section, so here again: I am looking for good place to stay in Cartagena near LDV and the beach (or in a location where I can find some daytime action). Does not have to be very upscale, just good aircon would be nice. And of course chica friendly.

Thanks already for you hints.

Jeff

El Vagabundo
02-12-13, 17:45
Several members have stayed in my apt. If it is in your budget, www.thelocogringo.com The web site is a work in progress, works well in FireFox, having some issues with Explorer, email me if you want me to send photos.

Martin

El Vagabundo
02-26-13, 19:03
I just added several new apartments. Of special interest is a brand new, just remolded 1 bedroom in Laguito for $350 a week.

http://www.thelocogringo.com/index/select-apartment

Torre Centauro 7 We just had our first client and he is very happy. Lots of date available. As before, my site is a work in progress. The gallery is not working correctly in Explorer but works fine in FireFox. I have been messing with this for a month and can not figure out why. I sure could use some help. Martin

Spisol
02-28-13, 19:12
Has anyone stayed at the Horizontes on 11th?

Spisol
02-28-13, 23:26
Has anyone stayed at the Horizontes on 11th?

Arjay
03-02-13, 04:21
Anyone tried this agency? Imobiliaria Cartagena Real they have nice looking apartments. Building Morros 3. Looking to take a novio there so no need to prepago friendly.

JeffCooper
03-03-13, 11:46
Guys,

I got two offers now, one is in Torre Centauro, one in Mirador del Laguito, they are both quite similar concerning rates etc.

Does any of you know these buidlings? Which has the better location? Which is quiter or newer? Thanks for any hints.

atMartin: I had a look at you site, I really like the beach appartments, but I wonder if its too noisy and also I'the like to spend not more than 50 bucks max per night for a one bedroom. Do you have any other rooms that are close to Playa Hollywood?

Thanks

Hillbilly69
03-03-13, 23:25
Guys,

I got two offers now, one is in Torre Centauro, one in Mirador del Laguito, they are both quite similar concerning rates etc.

Does any of you know these buidlings? Which has the better location? Which is quiter or newer? Thanks for any hints.

AtMartin: I had a look at you site, I really like the beach appartments, but I wonder if its too noisy and also I'the like to spend not more than 50 bucks max per night for a one bedroom. Do you have any other rooms that are close to Playa Hollywood?

ThanksYou need to give me specific room numbers in the buildings, I was in the 7th floor Torre Centuro one bedroom a month ago just before it was finished, probably where I will stay next trip cause it seems Martins beach is filled already for when I intend on going. The beach apartment is as quiet and dark as you need, I am a lite sleeper.

I would rent the 7th floor Torre Centuro apartment just for the fact you will have a daily maid and can have her do your laundry if needed, none of the Mirador Del Laguito apartments have even a washer dryer or daily maid service. 903 has a washer and dryer but it don't work and no hot water. You will need maid service beach sand goes everywhere and apartment owners are stingy with towels. Playa Hollywood is 10 minute slow walk from there.

JeffCooper
03-04-13, 00:21
Thanks Hillbilly, it is apt. 302 in centauro and apt. 705 in Mirador.

I read somewhere that Mirador is not as chica friendly, is that true?

I really don't want to hassle each time I bring a girl, the concierges should be fine with it, if the owners have any problems with bringing girls than I don't wwant to stay there.