PDA

View Full Version : Manila Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

Soapy Smith
03-23-17, 14:23
Yes, I sometime get nervous when see such rules. I think it's partly to give the hotel some leeway if there is a problem. For example, if there is a group of guys making a lot of noise at 1 am while drinking Red Horse they can then enforce the rule.Or it's like the security guards at malls, stores, and train stations--whose cursory inspections of backpacks never find anything out of place. A couple years ago Radical Guy commented about a sign at the back door of Century Park Hotel in southern Malate which asserted that no visitors would be admitted after 9 pm, or some such time. Bringing back an evening guest from Harrison Plaza a little after that time, he discovered that the only apparent difference was that, after 9 pm, they asked to see ID, but didn't ask for it prior to 9. I think it's primarily about the appearance of respectability.

Mbsl65
03-31-17, 01:25
First time, I am staying in Ortigas area. The hotel is in a good location to access to Galleria Mall. Rooms are wide and bed is comfortable. Hotel is very girl friendly. They have almost no security. You can come thru Mall entrance and go to the hotel elevators.

ElNice
04-05-17, 21:53
So I'm planning in the summer to go the Philippines, and wondering where can I find the best prices, I mean do I stick with booking? Or there's a better app for the Philippines? Or I just book when I'm there?. Last I think hotels cost me more than I expected, and I don't want to this happen again. I'm asking about hotels in Makati or something close to it, I don't want fancy hotels, I just need some decent hotels, I prefer hotel apartments. Thanks in advance.

JohnaCarson
04-05-17, 22:09
So I'm planning in the summer to go the Philippines, and wondering where can I find the best prices, I mean do I stick with booking? Or there's a better app for the Philippines? Or I just book when I'm there?. Last I think hotels cost me more than I expected, and I don't want to this happen again. I'm asking about hotels in Makati or something close to it, I don't want fancy hotels, I just need some decent hotels, I prefer hotel apartments. Thanks in advance.Air bnb uUS s the only way to go.

Knightsbridge or Gramercy or something similar.

Hotel are expensive in Manila.

Be sure you stay in a unit with split air conditioning and not an in the wall unit.

The split air US quiet and cools very well.

ElNice
04-06-17, 13:06
Air bnb uUS s the only way to go.

Knightsbridge or Gramercy or something similar.

Hotel are expensive in Manila.

Be sure you stay in a unit with split air conditioning and not an in the wall unit.

The split air US quiet and cools very well.Thanks a lot, you have been very helpful.

LongJohn001
04-16-17, 19:33
I have stayed at AirBnB properties in many countries around the world, and you generally have 2 distinct problems:

1.) The owner of the property (condo or apartment) doesn't have approval from the Condo Association to offer the property on a short term lease basis, as with AirBnB. And usually you don't' find this out until you arrive for your stay, so you always feel as if you shouldn't be there. Unsettling, but usually not a serious problem.

2.) The second and more concerning issue is can you invite a guest (s) to visit or stay overnight without having major problems at the front desk / reception / security. Two years ago I was renting a property in Montreal, Canada, and I was faced with both of these problems. I managed to get the lady in question passed security at the front desk (just took the girl's hand and looked straight ahead), but one of the residence (Old Witch / *****) saw me going into the elevator with someone, who was obviously considerably less than half my age, and kicked up a stink with the owner and security. This was on the first of several nights at the condo, so no more guests!! Ruined most of my mongering plans.

I plan to visit Manila in September and have been looking at apartments with AirBnb for my stay, and I must say that the vast majority of these properties (70%) have very strict House Rules about "no unregistered guests" visiting / staying overnight!

I had a similar problem earlier this year in Bangkok, so before booking I emailed the host / owner and asked specifically if they had a problem with visiting / overnight guests, to which they replied absolutely not, the front desk / security staff will simply smile as you walk bye!

So if you want peace of mind about this issue and don't want your plans ruined always, always ask before booking!

Hope this helps!

KrisMonger
04-16-17, 23:50
I have stayed at AirBnB properties in many countries around the world, and you generally have 2 distinct problems:

1.) The owner of the property (condo or apartment) doesn't have approval from the Condo Association to offer the property on a short term lease basis, as with AirBnB. And usually you don't' find this out until you arrive for your stay, so you always feel as if you shouldn't be there. Unsettling, but usually not a serious problem.

2.) The second and more concerning issue is can you invite a guest (s) to visit or stay overnight without having major problems at the front desk / reception / security. Two years ago I was renting a property in Montreal, Canada, and I was faced with both of these problems. I managed to get the lady in question passed security at the front desk (just took the girl's hand and looked straight ahead), but one of the residence (Old Witch / *****) saw me going into the elevator with someone, who was obviously considerably less than half my age, and kicked up a stink with the owner and security. This was on the first of several nights at the condo, so no more guests!! Ruined most of my mongering plans.I just booked via airbnb a place in Oxford suites (it was strange that it got listed in airbnb) for a visit that I am making in 2 weeks time. Since, Oxford suites is a hotel. I expect no issues -but will post if I do run into those. I was also told by my friend that the airbnb listing "One pacific place" near Greenbelt was fine as well.

WestCoast1
04-17-17, 05:06
I plan to visit Manila in September and have been looking at apartments with AirBnb for my stay, and I must say that the vast majority of these properties (70%) have very strict House Rules about "no unregistered guests" visiting / staying overnight!

Hope this helps!Was going to PM you some info regarding this, but you don't have PM. Time for a membership.

WestCoast1
04-17-17, 05:18
I just booked via airbnb a place in Oxford suites (it was strange that it got listed in airbnb) for a visit that I am making in 2 weeks time. Since, Oxford suites is a hotel. I expect no issues -but will post if I do run into those. I was also told by my friend that the airbnb listing "One pacific place" near Greenbelt was fine as well.Noticed recently several Oxford suites being offered on Airbnb. One was going for $20/ night, the other for $27/ night, both for full suite.

Air bnb uUS s the only way to go.

Knightsbridge or Gramercy or something similar.Knightsbridge / Milano (right next to each other) are bit more expensive, but still can be found in the $40-$100 range easily. Beautiful units. Drawback: its back far off Makati, several long blocks, 150 meters back in past Grammercy. There are no taxis approaching on Salamanca, so you must walk to the mall to get a taxi, or Uber / Grab. I walk to Burgos several times a day. Walking from Knightsbridge to Makati is literally uphill. Advantage: all the aircon units are split-type and mounted on top of the wall near the ceiling.

Grammercy units are considerably cheaper in price, $30-$75 / night, and closer to Makati Avenue + taxis. Disadvantage: all the aircon units are standard wall units (not split-type), and all are mounted near the floor, and are right next to the bed, so whoever in the bed is closest to the window is going to freeze. Also the curtains in most units in Gram cover the aircon blower, so the only way to close them all the way is to cover the aircon.

Another large condo system in the area is Jazz residences, located west down Jupiter, to the SM mall and cemetary. The units are smaller than Gram / Knights, but clean and new (and 5 pools), and even less money than Grammercy.

Member #4698
04-22-17, 23:42
Natty. Have you enjoyed this ( Peninsula ) hotel? Recommend or not?Stykler, Yes I enjoyed my stay at the Peninsula. This is a true 5 star hotel that I was able to book on two separate occasions with Expedia for $113 (deluxe King room) with buffet breakfasts included. The room was large and well appointed. The buffet breakfast was great. The hotel is VERY girl friendly and tolerant. Read my last Makati postcard. And what I liked best was the large swimming pool / garden area. This recreational space was large enough to have PRIVATE pool party get togethers with my sexy Filipinas and not be bothered by other hotel guests. Location is good too. I would absolutely stay here again.

NB

Stykler
04-23-17, 03:12
Stykler, Yes I enjoyed my stay at the Peninsula.

{Massive Snip}Thanks Natty for your very useful (as usual) information.

Styk.

GoodEnough
04-23-17, 09:26
Stykler, Yes I enjoyed my stay at the Peninsula. This is a true 5 star hotel that I was able to book on two separate occasions with Expedia for $113 (deluxe King room) with buffet breakfasts included. The room was large and well appointed. The buffet breakfast was great. The hotel is VERY girl friendly and tolerant. Read my last Makati postcard. And what I liked best was the large swimming pool / garden area. This recreational space was large enough to have PRIVATE pool party get togethers with my sexy Filipinas and not be bothered by other hotel guests. Location is good too. I would absolutely stay here again.

NBI've eaten at the Penn but never stayed there. I don't know if you've stayed at the Makati Fairmont, but if so, can you compare it favorably to that hotel?

GE.

Omega 3
04-23-17, 18:04
Stykler, Yes I enjoyed my stay at the Peninsula. This is a true 5 star hotel that I was able to book on two separate occasions with Expedia for $113 (deluxe King room) with buffet breakfasts included. The room was large and well appointed. The buffet breakfast was great. The hotel is VERY girl friendly and tolerant. Read my last Makati postcard. And what I liked best was the large swimming pool / garden area. This recreational space was large enough to have PRIVATE pool party get togethers with my sexy Filipinas and not be bothered by other hotel guests. Location is good too. I would absolutely stay here again.

NBI also have stayed at the Makati Peninsula numerous times over the years, and agree with Natty. A couple of additional "insider tips".

There is a "side" entrance which actually leads from the Pen buffet area to Makati Avenue. If you cross over Makati Ave from this side entrance you will be at the Blackbird, which is a delightful western restaurant located in the control tower of the old Manila airport which used to be at the Ayala Triangle (where the very straight areas of Paseo de Roxas, Ayala Avenue, and Makati Avenue reportedly used to be runway areas). Blackbird is part of Chef Colin Mackay's culinary "mini-empire" in Makati, which also includes Sala Restaurant, Sala Bistro, and the (somewhat over-rated) People's Place Thai restaurant in Greenbelt.

Also, across the Pen lobby from the front desk, there is a small staircase going down, which leads to a tiny subterranean retail area. In this area, there is a decent barber, and, at the end of the underground corridor, there is a cozy "mini-deli" serving sandwiches plus a deli showcase or two with tasty baked goods (breads and pastries).

OM.

Cheers!

OM.

Manfield04
04-23-17, 19:03
I was trying to book the Peninsula for my upcoming visit to Makati end of June but the rate for Deluxe King Room is $154 + tax, which comes to around $ 190.00. How early do you book?

I enjoyed my stay at the Peninsula. This is a true 5 star hotel that I was able to book on two separate occasions with Expedia for $113 (deluxe King room) with buffet breakfasts included. I would absolutely stay here again. NB

Omega 3
04-24-17, 06:01
I've eaten at the Penn but never stayed there. I don't know if you've stayed at the Makati Fairmont, but if so, can you compare it favorably to that hotel?

GE.GE,

I have stayed at both the Pen and the Makati Fairmont and, on balance, personally prefer the Pen.

The Fairmont is newer and in a more strategic location to Greenbelt, the Landmark, Glorietta, and their many retail shops and restaurants, plus Ayala Museum. However, to me, the Fairmont lacked real character. Also, the swimming pool is located directly below two whole wings of rooms, with resulting lack of privacy. Remember once looking down from my hotel room window at a young couple making out at the otherwise deserted swimming pool area below, and wondering if they realized they were actually "on display" to the many rooms above. Also, the "L" shaped hotel wing configuration results in a direct line of sight to rooms in the wing perpendicular and, at night, with lights on in such neighboring rooms and their curtains open, you can actually see inside the rooms (and vice versa), with consequent lack of privacy. Of course, you can close your own curtains, but I like to keep them open to enjoy the view (but not of the other rooms). Also, once had a problem with front desk staff, but the supervisor was very courteous and helpful. Have never tried the breakfast at the Fairmont, but do know that there is no buffet there.

The Pen is more "old school" elegance, especially evident in the lobby and in the deluxe rooms, also with lush green vegetation in and nearby the hotel grounds. Location a bit farther away from Greenbelt, Landmark, etc. , but just across Makati Ave from the Blackbird restaurant and the Ayala Triangle. The rooms are not all the same though. Once booked a room at the Pen at what appeared to be a great price (around US $80++) only to find that it was a much smaller and less luxurious room in the "new tower". That was disappointing. The buffet breakfast is sumptuous (although not quite as good as at the nearby Shangrila) and to be enjoyed in a leisurely manner if possible. This is the only breakfast buffet I have ever seen outside of Japan which serves "natto" (a Japanese fermented soy dish which many Westerners can't stand; it's an acquired taste).

Have never stayed at the Makati Raffles, which I have heard is a step up. And, regrettably, never stopped by for a drink at the Writers Bar there. One of these years.

Of course, it goes without saying that YMMV.

Hope this helps!

OM.

GoodEnough
04-24-17, 08:25
GE,

I have stayed at both the Pen and the Makati Fairmont and, on balance, personally prefer the Pen.

The Fairmont is newer and in a more strategic location to Greenbelt, the Landmark, Glorietta, and their many retail shops and restaurants, plus Ayala Museum. However, to me, the Fairmont lacked real character. Also, the swimming pool is located directly below two whole wings of rooms, with resulting lack of privacy. Remember once looking down from my hotel room window at a young couple making out at the otherwise deserted swimming pool area below, and wondering if they realized they were actually "on display" to the many rooms above. Also, the "L" shaped hotel wing configuration results in a direct line of sight to rooms in the wing perpendicular and, at night, with lights on in such neighboring rooms and their curtains open, you can actually see inside the rooms (and vice versa), with consequent lack of privacy. Of course, you can close your own curtains, but I like to keep them open to enjoy the view (but not of the other rooms). Also, once had a problem with front desk staff, but the supervisor was very courteous and helpful. Have never tried the breakfast at the Fairmont, but do know that there is no buffet there.

The Pen is more "old school" elegance, especially evident in the lobby and in the deluxe rooms, also with lush green vegetation in and nearby the hotel grounds. Location a bit farther away from Greenbelt, Landmark, etc. , but just across Makati Ave from the Blackbird restaurant and the Ayala Triangle. The rooms are not all the same though. Once booked a room at the Pen at what appeared to be a great price (around US $80++) only to find that it was a much smaller and less luxurious room in the "new tower". That was disappointing. The buffet breakfast is sumptuous (although not quite as good as at the nearby Shangrila) and to be enjoyed in a leisurely manner if possible. This is the only breakfast buffet I have ever seen outside of Japan which serves "natto" (a Japanese fermented soy dish which many Westerners can't stand; it's an acquired taste).

Have never stayed at the Makati Raffles, which I have heard is a step up. And, regrettably, never stopped by for a drink at the Writers Bar there. One of these years.

Of course, it goes without saying that YMMV.

Hope this helps!

OM.Thanks very much. I've stayed three times at Raffles, only because I was upgraded as a Platinum member of Fairmont. It's lovely, but at a list price of about $400 a night, surely not worth the money. The new restaurant, Meleio at at Raffles is superb and surprisingly reasonable, and its terrace bar, which also serves light snacks from the restaurant menu is worth it for the outdoor terrace's view alone. It's also got Pernod and Absinthe, which I don't often see on bar menus here.

I asked about the Manila Pen because the price you cited was so reasonable compared to the Fairmont, however my rate at the Fairmont does include breakfast and the Fairmont does have a buffet that rivals that of the Shang. In fact, I think it may be slightly better, but that's purely subjective. I'm surprised you thought it didn't have one. I've been staying at the Fairmont almost since it opened, and I get wonderful service there, though I agree that there's no old world elegance about it. However, I do enjoy the Writer's Bar and the Long Bar, both at Raffles but accessible to Fairmont guests. Prior to the opening of the Fairmont, my default hotel was the Shang, but to me it's gotten somewhat old and outdated and I prefer the size and creature comforts of the Fairmont rooms.

Thanks again for responding to my post. I may give the Pen a shot one of these days.

GE.

Omega 3
04-24-17, 10:15
Thanks very much. I've stayed three times at Raffles, only because I was upgraded as a Platinum member of Fairmont. It's lovely, but at a list price of about $400 a night, surely not worth the money.

Prior to the opening of the Fairmont, my default hotel was the Shang, but to me it's gotten somewhat old and outdated and I prefer the size and creature comforts of the Fairmont rooms.

I may give the Pen a shot one of these days.

GE.Glad to have been of service, GE. Agreed, the Shang Makati arguably at one time was the preeminent hotel in the area, but now has become a bit old. However, it is possible that you might feel the same way about the Pen if you were to stay there. Sounds like you are happy at the Fairmont, which is an outstanding hotel, and which apparently offers the opportunity for upgrades to the Raffles?

Once stayed at the old Raffles in Singapore, long before its renovation. Think it was back in the early 80's, when prices there were still eminently affordable. Living history, but definitely seedy. Seem to recall an old stuffed tiger's head near the lobby, but couldn't swear to it. Rickety old wooden floors, with endless long narrow corridors, and a room which seemed like it took hours to reach! Ceiling fan in the old room, with antique water closet (commode). Remember enjoying a single malt at the Raffles bar there.

However, it sounds like Raffles Makati today is beyond even my "splurge" budget and no chance for upgrade here. Per your post, may have to settle for a dinner at the Meleio Restaurant there, with a pre-dinner Pernod.

Cheers!

OM.

Escort Fan
04-27-17, 12:50
(...) however my rate at the Fairmont does include breakfast and the Fairmont does have a buffet that rivals that of the Shang. In fact, I think it may be slightly better, but that's purely subjective.I also enjoy the Fairmont now that it joined Accor. Because as all frenchies I am a loyal plat. Customer, as most hotels in France are managed by them!

They gave the whole package too, I booked the cheapest room available and was upgraded to a club room with lounge access.

However, I was shocked by the breakfast buffet of the Fairmont. I found the selection to be limited and the food to be of mediocre quality. (that's from a guy who's bible is the red guide michelin).

A few ex: the cheese platter had like 3 options. And they were dutch options, that's a "faute de gout", the smoked salmon was sh*t, it was more like chutes of smoked salmon, clearly not premium or even mid range quality.

I think the food & beverage manager should visit his new colleague at Sofitel and check out the cheese room and the impeccable food selection.

Fairmont is miles behind the top 4 hotels in my book for best buffet: Sofitel, Shangri La Makati, Hyatt CoD and Marriott (M has limited choices compared to others but offer a good quality). (I will try Conrad the next time I'm in town).

Despite the room being super nice I'm hesitant to return to Fairmont due to such a poor F&B offer.

GoodEnough
04-27-17, 22:50
I lived in Paris for 12 years, and the Guide Rouge was my bible as well. Since moving here however, I've lowered my standards quite a bit. I suggest, before you give up on the Fairmont, you give the new Provençal restaurant on the 9th floor of Raffles a shot. It's well done, there's a French chef, and the food and wines, when I ate there, were excellent. There's also a new bar attached to the restaurant, which services a foie gras / confiture entrée that's excellent. Most of the bar is outside, on a partially covered open terrace that overlooks the Makati skyline, and it's the only place in the country I've seen that serves absinthe. I'm not much of a breakfast eater, so the limited array of cheese isn't worrisome to me but chacun à son goût. I also find the service ai receive at the Fairmont slightly better than at the Shang, but again that's a personal viewpoint.

GE.

I also enjoy the Fairmont now that it joined Accor. Because as all frenchies I am a loyal plat. Customer, as most hotels in France are managed by them!

They gave the whole package too, I booked the cheapest room available and was upgraded to a club room with lounge access.

However, I was shocked by the breakfast buffet of the Fairmont. I found the selection to be limited and the food to be of mediocre quality. (that's from a guy who's bible is the red guide michelin).

A few ex: the cheese platter had like 3 options. And they were dutch options, that's a "faute de gout", the smoked salmon was sh*t, it was more like chutes of smoked salmon, clearly not premium or even mid range quality.

I think the food & beverage manager should visit his new colleague at Sofitel and check out the cheese room and the impeccable food selection.

Fairmont is miles behind the top 4 hotels in my book for best buffet: Sofitel, Shangri La Makati, Hyatt CoD and Marriott (M has limited choices compared to others but offer a good quality). (I will try Conrad the next time I'm in town).

Despite the room being super nice I'm hesitant to return to Fairmont due to such a poor F&B offer.

Shark5
06-06-17, 23:27
Another large condo system in the area is Jazz residences, located west down Jupiter, to the SM mall and cemetary. The units are smaller than Gram / Knights, but clean and new (and 5 pools), and even less money than Grammercy.I happened to stay at the Jazz residences about 6 months ago that I booked on AirBnB. It was a small unit but very clean and affordable. They had some decent places to eat at the bottom by the mall and was only a few blocks walk away from P. Burgos. Definitely girl friendly. As usual the guards just look you and her over as you walk past.

Mbsl65
06-07-17, 01:47
I spent 4 nights in this hotel last week and it is clean, friendly, secure and no hassles. Breakfast is a little bit weak but not a big deal for me. Location is great and have access to almost everything in a short walking distance.

WestCoast1
06-21-17, 10:43
Gramercy, Makati. My first time staying there. Positives:

* Great location. Close to Burgos and all A-Venue.

* 50 mbps internet advertised. And delivered. Even better if you can plug in a network cable to the modem. But, not so fast. During every speed run I threw at it, night or day, the 40-50 mbps would run intermittently. Three seconds of uninterrupted 45-ish mbps, followed by a complete stop for 10 or so seconds. Lather / rinse / repeat until the test was finished. In reality, more like 6-8 mbps. Wildly good uploads of 50 mbps.

* Nice small balcony and view.

* Hostess was all about fixing things right away.

* Concierge desk is wonderful.

Negatives:

* Checkin. In a mixup, my emailed copy of my PP did not make it. When I arrived around noon on a Saturday, the hostess seemed thrown off her game by my arrival (communicated the day prior as late morning / early afternoon as my flight arrived 11 am). I had to wait in the lobby almost an hour prior to her arrival. The concierge took a copy of my PP right away. When the hostess arrived she informed me that I did not yet have an elevator key (the concierge or some office makes those), so she worked on that for the better part of an hour. Finally my elevator pass was ready and she took me to the room. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but that previous PP mixup would cost me in using the elevator privileges in going to a higher floor later.

* The elevator pass. On Sunday I tried to go upstairs to the pool (pics look great online). No-go, my elevator key would not let me go higher than my floor. Txt to the hostess brought this lovely response: "Yes of course you cannot use the pool". Huh? Airbnb advertises pool use. "Your key will not let you go there. I come tomorrow to get you a new key for pool sir". Um, I would like to use the pool today? "Sorry that sir". She came over to the unit to explain that they made my key on Saturday, and the concierge does not do higher floor keys on weekends. Huh? She came by again early Monday to have the concierge make my new key, and returned a few minutes later with this gem: "Sorry po. Today is holiday. Gramercy will not make you a new key today. They say tomorrow". Kidding, right? Three days, no pool access because Gram doesn't work 24 x7 on keys? "Correct sir". Great. Remind me not to purchase anything Gram.

* The balcony. When I say small: Two tiny chairs, not big enough for a table, so they sit an ashtray on top of the low-seated aircon unit. Small!

* The aircon unit is mounted at ground-level. And its pointed right at the bed (its a tiny studio, you have little choice). It also seemed to have just two temp settings (regardless of how you set the knobs): Minnesota-January and Sahara Parboil. I realized there would be a problem just 10 minutes in the room alone, as no matter how I set the aircon unit, the temp in the room had gone from hot to too cold and was continuing a spiral down. I shut it off completely, and within 2 minutes I was on fire again. No insulation. It did not help that the sun was baking the large windows (don't touch the glass with your hand unless you are into a trip to the Emergency Room). Aircon should be at the ceiling (heat should come from the low wall or floor); it seems odd that Gramercy got it this wrong in so many of its units.

Solution: Run the aircon at its warmest setting (still way too cold), place my suitcase in front of the vent to misdirect the airflow towards the couch (still too cold in the room), and open the balcony door a few inches to let cold air out (noisy at night). At one point I left the hostess in the room with the maintenance guy they were fixing something and I went to the Century mall. I came back 20 minutes later and the hostess was just ready to leave. It was freezing in the room with the aircon on. I asked if she could live in a room this cold. "Oh my no its freezing this place. Too cold". Wait for it, wait for it: "Then you turn off and so hot here. This unit is not for living in". Ha! {Wait for my report on my Cebu condo, a similar thought from the owner and the host}.

* Fixtures and switches. Where to start. Water fixture in bathroom were loose to the touch, it just needed to be screwed back into place. Turning the knob from hot to cold or cold to hot meant the fixture would sometime come loose completely. Light switches: 3 broken or not working, 1 of them was completely loose. Positive: Host got right on this with maintenance staff. How the BEEP did the last guest miss this and not report it?

* Hot water. Worked fine in the CR sink, but was absent in the shower. A txt to the hostess and she was back on her way over to check it. It worked fine when she was there -- of course! Ten minutes after she left there was no hot water in the shower. In txt: "Sir you must run the hot water in shower very long before any hot water. Ten minutes maybe. " Oh, toots, you are so sweet, but you have so lost your marbles. You yourself had it running in just 1 minute. Also, the water heater is a single unit for the CR for both sink and shower, located below the sink. How can there be instant hot water in the sink, and not the shower (just 1 meter away)? "I will come back sir. " She came right back. She got hot water in the sink, and cold water in the shower. "Don't seem right. Same unit for both sink and shower. I call maintenance again. " Poor maintenance guy, his 3rd trip up in 2 hours for different things.

Ten minutes later he showed and he got hot water in both shower and sink. Looked at us like we were nuts. Off he went. The hostess was fairly pissed. She asked if she could wait 10 minutes in the unit with me and try it again. Sure. 10 minutes later we got cold in the shower and hot in the sink. I told her to let it run and call maintenance guy again. When he showed up and saw the problem, he pointed to the heating unit under the sink and said (not making this up): "Yes of course the heating unit is bad it needs replace". W! T! F! Why didn't you just say that when you were here 10 minutes ago? {You'll be wanting to read my upcoming Cebu condo report soon}.

* No hot water in the kitchen sink, but I never needed it.

* The paint. And the contact paper. The owner put contact paper on one wall to dress up the place. Poorly done job, the paper (in spots) goes too far and is cut poorly and goes on to adjacent wall where it does not belong. Looks bad. The paint. I would guess the owner did this, not the developer. One wall is painted a different color (color is nice), but its a bad paint-job. You can see the original white paint underneath the new paint (new paint not applied heavily enough). Some of the new paint creeps into spots on the adjacent walls and ceiling. And in spots it does not reach the adjacent walls or ceiling. You can see where someone tried brush strokes to fix it. It just grabs the eye. If you just paid $100 K+ USD for this unit and you effed up your paintjob, you'd certainly hire a local painter for a few hundred bucks to fix that, right?

* There were other things. Example, the toilet wouldn't flush very well (sometimes). One of my Makati regulars said to me: "You go Knightsbridge everything right there. Or Milano. Not here". Everywhere I turned in the unit, I kept saying to myself: This does NOT measure up to a reasonable standard for a high-end condo. Maybe its only this unit? {You'll want to read my Cebu condo report. }.

Something else I took note of for the first time. After sundown every night I started looking at the condos in the area. At any given time only about 20% of the units have a light turned on. Is everyone asleep at 8 pm? Not sure why, but I'd guess that most are not lived in by the owners. The owners have purchased the unit as a vacation place maybe, or as rental property. Or possibly to live in, then realized they don't want to live there. Could be any number of things going on.

High point / low point: On my floor at the elevator there is a window in the hall looking directly across to AVenue. Again, on any night, facing Gram, there were only a handful of units that had a light of any kind on. One of those units was directly across from my floor. Inside was always this FAT Filipina who went to bed wearing only a bra (no panty). She would fall asleep to the TV about 11 pm. You couldn't possibly miss her when you (or your kids) step out of the elevator. Perfect! One morning I was waiting for the elevator about 9 am and the phat philipina had just woken up and stood up and put her hands to her head (like a hangover), wearing just the bra. Ma'am, could you *please* close the drape! Consider it: Community Service!

Red Kilt
06-21-17, 13:05
Gramercy, Makati. My first time staying there.
Positives:

<SNIP>

Negatives:
<SNIP>
Not sure how you managed to get ANY positives into your report WC.

Sounds like a chapter from JP O'Rourke's "Holidays in Hell". And we still have to read the much-promised Cebu report yet?

WestCoast1
06-21-17, 13:49
Not sure how you managed to get ANY positives into your report WC.

Sounds like a chapter from JP O'Rourke's "Holidays in Hell". And we still have to read the much-promised Cebu report yet?Some of it was so bad it was funny. You could turn your head in any direction in the studio unit and see something that would make you think: "Oh my this is on par with Amazonia". I forgot to mention the on again / off again odor coming from the kitchen sink. The only reason I discovered that there was no hot water in the kitchen sink was that I turned on the faucet and let water run about 2 minutes to try and wash down whatever was in the drain causing the odor (which didn't work, as several minutes later the odor would return -- then half an hour later it would go away, then return about 12 hours after that).

A condo unit is someone's home, no different than a regular house. Hard to imagine any home, less than a year occupied (as the hostess said this one is) could have this many issues without a developer getting sued. More later.

Member #4558
06-23-17, 01:42
I am almost done laughing. Not trying to top it but one time when Gramercy 71 (nightclub, high floors) was up and running I was so lucky to meet this girl at the mentioned nightclub. Me and most of her friend were digging in from my fingerfoods and booze. The girl I though I ended up with got so drunk so she puked all over the place. This was when we decided to call it a night.

I didn't want to bring her to my room so I told her I would assist her back to her place. Of all the places she could've lived she lived in the Gramercy building. Lucky me. So I assisted her down to her apt (she puked once in the elevator as well). She opened her door to this apartment not so much bigger than my doghouse. The tiniest piece I ever saw with an actual real sized door. Well inside the apartment, with half of me still outside in the hallway (tiny remember), I saw a silhouette of what could have been a person. And it was. I happened to find one almost naked old Italian guy watching porn on his computer in the kitchen / Livingroom / office (tiny remember). I thought wtf just happened, threw the girl on the floor (well she fell) and wanted to leave in a hurry. Italiano reached his hand from his office, through the Livingroom and into the kitchen and switched on the lights. I was just studdering something like "oh I am sorry but here you have this girl, I think she lives here". Yes she did. It was his GF and Italiano pointed me towards a curtain and asked if I wanted to continue having fun with his GF behind the curtain (I guess it could have been a hammock or something outside the building behind the curtain). I never did check. At least the lightswitch worked. I guess you had a bigger apt? Did you see any half naked Italiano around? Its a strange world.

Flak3
09-03-17, 15:50
Tried out the I'm Hotel. With discounts it came out to $71 USD per night plus taxes and fees. Basic room, a little on the small side. Just enough room for a bed. Large TV though 50". Crabtree and Evelyn bath products. Friendly staff. ID check and call, so girl friendly. Great swimming pool with see through bottom. It was strange swimming with people walking underneath. Also entering the hotel it's interesting looking up and seeing the swimmers. Buffet was okay. Not worth the add on or 800 pesos. Most of the food was cold and the cooked items weren't to my taste. They do offer a free buffet with the spa treatment so that's not a bad option. Had time to kill so I did the three hour spa package (body scrub, tea bath, buffet and massage). Very nice but at 3000 pesos, I don't think it was worth it when Touch of Hands offers a similar service for 800 pesos one building over. You're really paying for the upgraded spa rooms. Within a few blocks of P Burgos and Century Mall.

Only possible negative would be the hotel is more family oriented. Lots of kids and families during my stay. Awkward coming in at night with a girl in tow. With the right discount I would definitely pay a little more for I'm Hotel over the other hotels or AirBnB's in the area.

Shrek5
09-16-17, 17:58
I am not expert for the scene in Manila at all, but I would like to give it a shot.

For the start I need a hotel like the Queens in Angeles, which means:

1. Close to the area where the clubs are.

2. Girlfriendly of course.

3. Kind of clean, comfortable Boutique-Hotel.

4. Affordable prices but not the cheapest.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Soapy Smith
09-16-17, 23:07
I am not expert for the scene in Manila at all, but I would like to give it a shot.

4. Affordable prices but not the cheapest.I have some suggestions. Please PM me.

D Cups
09-17-17, 02:07
Rothman. That's where I stay. Not a boutique but meets other requirements. I think its around $40/ night.

4. Affordable prices but not the cheapest.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Pcpc1688
09-17-17, 02:49
Gramercy, Makati. My first time staying there. Positives:

* Great location. Close to Burgos and all A-Venue.

* 50 mbps internet advertised. And delivered. Even better if you can plug in a network cable to the modem. But, not so fast. During every speed run I threw at it, night or day, the 40-50 mbps would run intermittently. Three seconds of uninterrupted 45-ish mbps, followed by a complete stop for 10 or so seconds. Lather / rinse / repeat until the test was finished. In reality, more like 6-8 mbps. Wildly good uploads of 50 mbps.

* Nice small balcony and view.

* Hostess was all about fixing things right away.

* Concierge desk is wonderful.

Negatives:

* Checkin. In a mixup, my emailed copy of my PP did not make it. When I arrived around noon on a Saturday, the hostess seemed thrown off her game by my arrival (communicated the day prior as late morning / early afternoon as my flight arrived 11 am). I had to wait in the lobby almost an hour prior to her arrival. The concierge took a copy of my PP right away. When the hostess arrived she informed me that I did not yet have an elevator key (the concierge or some office makes those), so she worked on that for the better part of an hour. Finally my elevator pass was ready and she took me to the room. I wasn't aware of it at the time, but that previous PP mixup would cost me in using the elevator privileges in going to a higher floor later.

* The elevator pass. On Sunday I tried to go upstairs to the pool (pics look great online). No-go, my elevator key would not let me go higher than my floor. Txt to the hostess brought this lovely response: "Yes of course you cannot use the pool". Huh? Airbnb advertises pool use. "Your key will not let you go there. I come tomorrow to get you a new key for pool sir". Um, I would like to use the pool today? "Sorry that sir". She came over to the unit to explain that they made my key on Saturday, and the concierge does not do higher floor keys on weekends. Huh? She came by again early Monday to have the concierge make my new key, and returned a few minutes later with this gem: "Sorry po. Today is holiday. Gramercy will not make you a new key today. They say tomorrow". Kidding, right? Three days, no pool access because Gram doesn't work 24 x7 on keys? "Correct sir". Great. Remind me not to purchase anything Gram.

* The balcony. When I say small: Two tiny chairs, not big enough for a table, so they sit an ashtray on top of the low-seated aircon unit. Small!

* The aircon unit is mounted at ground-level. And its pointed right at the bed (its a tiny studio, you have little choice). It also seemed to have just two temp settings (regardless of how you set the knobs): Minnesota-January and Sahara Parboil. I realized there would be a problem just 10 minutes in the room alone, as no matter how I set the aircon unit, the temp in the room had gone from hot to too cold and was continuing a spiral down. I shut it off completely, and within 2 minutes I was on fire again. No insulation. It did not help that the sun was baking the large windows (don't touch the glass with your hand unless you are into a trip to the Emergency Room). Aircon should be at the ceiling (heat should come from the low wall or floor); it seems odd that Gramercy got it this wrong in so many of its units.

Solution: Run the aircon at its warmest setting (still way too cold), place my suitcase in front of the vent to misdirect the airflow towards the couch (still too cold in the room), and open the balcony door a few inches to let cold air out (noisy at night). At one point I left the hostess in the room with the maintenance guy they were fixing something and I went to the Century mall. I came back 20 minutes later and the hostess was just ready to leave. It was freezing in the room with the aircon on. I asked if she could live in a room this cold. "Oh my no its freezing this place. Too cold". Wait for it, wait for it: "Then you turn off and so hot here. This unit is not for living in". Ha! {Wait for my report on my Cebu condo, a similar thought from the owner and the host}.

* Fixtures and switches. Where to start. Water fixture in bathroom were loose to the touch, it just needed to be screwed back into place. Turning the knob from hot to cold or cold to hot meant the fixture would sometime come loose completely. Light switches: 3 broken or not working, 1 of them was completely loose. Positive: Host got right on this with maintenance staff. How the BEEP did the last guest miss this and not report it?

* Hot water. Worked fine in the CR sink, but was absent in the shower. A txt to the hostess and she was back on her way over to check it. It worked fine when she was there -- of course! Ten minutes after she left there was no hot water in the shower. In txt: "Sir you must run the hot water in shower very long before any hot water. Ten minutes maybe. " Oh, toots, you are so sweet, but you have so lost your marbles. You yourself had it running in just 1 minute. Also, the water heater is a single unit for the CR for both sink and shower, located below the sink. How can there be instant hot water in the sink, and not the shower (just 1 meter away)? "I will come back sir. " She came right back. She got hot water in the sink, and cold water in the shower. "Don't seem right. Same unit for both sink and shower. I call maintenance again. " Poor maintenance guy, his 3rd trip up in 2 hours for different things.

Ten minutes later he showed and he got hot water in both shower and sink. Looked at us like we were nuts. Off he went. The hostess was fairly pissed. She asked if she could wait 10 minutes in the unit with me and try it again. Sure. 10 minutes later we got cold in the shower and hot in the sink. I told her to let it run and call maintenance guy again. When he showed up and saw the problem, he pointed to the heating unit under the sink and said (not making this up): "Yes of course the heating unit is bad it needs replace". W! T! F! Why didn't you just say that when you were here 10 minutes ago? {You'll be wanting to read my upcoming Cebu condo report soon}.

* No hot water in the kitchen sink, but I never needed it.

* The paint. And the contact paper. The owner put contact paper on one wall to dress up the place. Poorly done job, the paper (in spots) goes too far and is cut poorly and goes on to adjacent wall where it does not belong. Looks bad. The paint. I would guess the owner did this, not the developer. One wall is painted a different color (color is nice), but its a bad paint-job. You can see the original white paint underneath the new paint (new paint not applied heavily enough). Some of the new paint creeps into spots on the adjacent walls and ceiling. And in spots it does not reach the adjacent walls or ceiling. You can see where someone tried brush strokes to fix it. It just grabs the eye. If you just paid $100 K+ USD for this unit and you effed up your paintjob, you'd certainly hire a local painter for a few hundred bucks to fix that, right?

* There were other things. Example, the toilet wouldn't flush very well (sometimes). One of my Makati regulars said to me: "You go Knightsbridge everything right there. Or Milano. Not here". Everywhere I turned in the unit, I kept saying to myself: This does NOT measure up to a reasonable standard for a high-end condo. Maybe its only this unit? {You'll want to read my Cebu condo report. }.

Something else I took note of for the first time. After sundown every night I started looking at the condos in the area. At any given time only about 20% of the units have a light turned on. Is everyone asleep at 8 pm? Not sure why, but I'd guess that most are not lived in by the owners. The owners have purchased the unit as a vacation place maybe, or as rental property. Or possibly to live in, then realized they don't want to live there. Could be any number of things going on.

High point / low point: On my floor at the elevator there is a window in the hall looking directly across to AVenue. Again, on any night, facing Gram, there were only a handful of units that had a light of any kind on. One of those units was directly across from my floor. Inside was always this FAT Filipina who went to bed wearing only a bra (no panty). She would fall asleep to the TV about 11 pm. You couldn't possibly miss her when you (or your kids) step out of the elevator. Perfect! One morning I was waiting for the elevator about 9 am and the phat philipina had just woken up and stood up and put her hands to her head (like a hangover), wearing just the bra. Ma'am, could you *please* close the drape! Consider it: Community Service!Westie,

This nightmare I had as well but at the Beacon. Rented a Studio for 5 days. Roaches, bugs, missing shower door and just plain run down room. Switched room after 1 day too a seemingly better unit. Night 1 in that unit I walked in about 11 pm, turned on lights and it was a roach convention. Needless to say never again. Airbnb in Manila isn't a great choice IMHO especially these Hi rises. Absentee owners that let their investments run down and managed by the Mgmy Services inside the Bdlg who could really care less.

I stay at VIP Suites on Evangelista and get their Deluxe Suite for $55 night. 24 hour Reception, Breakfast included served in room if desired. Issues taken care of ASAP. Cheap laundry service (same day!) imagine that LOL. Nice sitting area, 2 TVs, small fridge, good AC. Great service all around albeit wifi slow most of the time but super fast in daytime when no one else using LOL.

Farther from Burgos but I had so much luck with Badoo that they all come here and never cared even going there.

PC out.

Mogwai
09-17-17, 09:39
Mosaic Tower by Funsho, 115 Trasiera St. Corner Soria.
It's a condotel.

I've stayed here 3 times recently in 3 different condo's.
I paid around 2700 or 2800 PhP per night, all taxes included.
Booked through Booking.com.

Pros.

Spacious.
Clean. I've only seen 1 cockroach. A big one. It took me 20 minutes to catch the mighty fast mother fucker LOL.
Daily housekeeping. And they do it thoroughly.
Good wifi. Each condo has its own router.
Very close to Greenbelt, in a quiet area.
Comfortable seating area.
Girl friendly. Officially guests are not allowed after 11 pm (or 'not recommended' as they put it in their rules & regulations if I recall correctly) but the security doesn't give a shit and didn't even bother to register my girls.
There's a side entrance to avoid the walk of shame. More or less anyway, there are camera's everywhere.
Nice and helpful people at reception and security.

Cons.

Weak lighting in the bathroom and only 1 very small shelf to put your stuff on.
Poor TV quality.
The aircon is quite small, at ground level right next to the bed and pointed right at the bed. You can put some pillows in front of it (4 pillows are provided) but then it gets too warm in the room pretty soon.
Each bed in the 3 condo's I've stayed in was squeaking when I was humping my girls. Even up to a level sometimes that it was really spoiling the fun!
To be honest I didn't try anything to prevent the beds from squeaking (I was too busy shagging LOL). Maybe some pillows between the bed and the wall will do the trick, although I doubt it. But even if it works you won't have any pillows left on the bed, if you also have 2 pillows in front of the aircon already LOL.

Kabul Guy
10-01-17, 03:31
Airbnb.

I will always look on Airbnb first for lodgings. You can usually get a better room for much less and have the privacy of an apartment as well as kitchen and often a one bedroom instead of a single room hotel room.

This trip I took one at Jazz Residences. I was a little worried about guest policy but it quickly became apparent that during the day anyone looking like they belonged could simply walk in no questions asked. There is simply too much traffic during the daytime and too much turnover for the guards to know every resident or even challenge the pones that they did not recognize.

Guests if asked by security (which only happened about once in 10 times when I was with them, it was a pair who looked like pro's and was early evening) simply signed in and left an ID. Night time (past 10 PM) ID was just about always asked for. Had a call center worker show up at 2 Am and she was let in after leaving ID no problem.

My two-week stay was equal to about 25000 p all in.

I liked the place so much I took a longer lease on a unit. I have a larger one bedroom and it is 25000 per month plus electric and water, condo fees, and cable internet included. I'll be about 1000 all in per night on average. Good deal for the location and longer stay. On the lease pool and gym access is included.

Dion Cassius
10-02-17, 16:50
I enquired about their guest policy and I received this answer:

"If you have visitor that will be possible. However, we can only allow up until 10:00 PM for visiting hour. ​.

I find it strange: it is the first time I get this kind of answer. Guests allowed but not too late.
I am considering canceling my booking.

D Cups
10-02-17, 19:34
Has anyone stayed at H20? How is the food and accomodation there? Where is the nearest place to get laid from there? Thank for any replies.

WestCoast1
10-03-17, 04:24
I will always look on Airbnb first for lodgings. You can usually get a better room for much less and have the privacy of an apartment as well as kitchen and often a one bedroom instead of a single room hotel room.

This trip I took one at Jazz Residences. I was a little worried about guest policy but it quickly became apparent that during the day anyone looking like they belonged could simply walk in no questions asked. There is simply too much traffic during the daytime and too much turnover for the guards to know every resident or even challenge the pones that they did not recognize.
Hotel websites like booking dot com are now including the serviced residences in the same way that airbnb does. You can find Gramercy, Knightsbridge, Milano, Jazz Residences, etc. For all of them, besides the description and pics and price of the residence per night, it usually says that you will pay at the residence when you arrive (not in advance).

Soapy Smith
10-03-17, 07:47

"If you have visitor that will be possible. However, we can only allow up until 10:00 PM for visiting hour. ​.

I find it strange: it is the first time I get this kind of answer. Guests allowed but not too late.
I am considering canceling my booking.This may be a slight misinterpretation. If you book for two (in most Manila hotels the price for two is no different than for one), then you can probably keep a horizontal entertainer all night as the second person on the room reservation. When the hotels refer to guests not allowed beyond ten, they probably mean any guests above the two that are covered by your hotel reservation. So a third or fourth person is a guest that may be asked to leave at ten.

When Filipinos come to town, such as visiting from the States or elsewhere in the Philippines, the Manila area family and friends often show up to visit at the hotel. Well-off Filipino families usually have large homes and will put up their visiting relatives, but average Filipinos may not have this luxury, so that visiting family members end up staying in hotels. Then family members come to the hotel, presumably to visit with the long-lost family member, but for other reasons too: the aircon and TV channel coverage are better than at home; and they may be expecting the visitors (especially those perceived to be "rich Americans, Aussies, or Europeans") to treat them to restaurant food. Various members have posted stories about being expected to pay because they are seen as rich foreigners--and family and friends proceed with such plans without asking whether the visitor is willing to pay.

The "no guests" after ten pm rule, if it is enforced, gives the hotel a way to get the freeloaders out of the hotel or collect extra money for those who stay over. From your standpoint it may also be a point of leverage for getting the girl's camp followers out of the room.

With few exceptions, hotels in Metro Manila are girl friendly, and that means the girl gets to stay as the second person covered by your reservation. When you check in make sure it's understood your reservation is for two and tell them your partner / girlfriend is traveling separately to the hotel to join you later.

If you keep asking questions of hotel staff, you put them in the position of having to give answers you do not want to hear. If you keep a low profile and the hotel is busy, they really don't have time or inclination to keep track of how many people are in each room at any given time. The Philippines is characterized by a conspicuous class pecking order. Although there are exceptions, most staff people in these hotels regard themselves as "beneath" the customers who can afford to stay at the hotel, and they are not likely to challenge you on these issues. That, at least, has been my experience.

Sammon
10-03-17, 11:35
1. As has been reported book for two persons. Just put some name for the second guest if it is required. Or let the front desk person know you will be joined by your friend later.

2. Some may not give two coupons for breakfast saying they will give once you establish the second person. This is no problem. You can always ask for the coupon in the morning if the girl stays for breakfast.

3. Although it may say no guests after 10 pm usually they enforce the rule after dark. When you accompany a girl they will ask you to go to reception. There you need to establish that you booked for two. However either the security or the reception may hold the I. The. .

4. If the hotel is very strict it will be hard to get two girls at night unless you look like a family. One time I got a older looking girl and a younger looking who I met on DIA and nobody said anything.

5. It is impossible for the hotel to know how many are staying in any room. If you want two girls get one before 6 and get another later. Make sure they do not keep the I. The of the first girl.

Dion Cassius
10-03-17, 17:21
Thank you Soapy Smith and Sammon for your input.

As I booked for two (as I always do), I assumed that there would be no problem.

I'll stick with my current booking and I will keep you posted.

TunningRob
10-16-17, 08:22
What risk-free hotels Can I go to with the escorts in Manila? Thanks!

Dg8787
10-17-17, 04:34
What risk-free hotels Can I go to with the escorts in Manila? Thanks!Risk free hotels are all the ones posted earlier being risk free. Also read up on the money back guarantee escorts, it will only take a minute.

StudBucket
10-17-17, 06:59

I am considering canceling my booking.I don't think whomever told you this correct. I go twice a year to Philippines and stay at the City Garden Grand while in Makati. I always come back from going out late (2 am or later) and come back with a Burgos girl or from another place and never have had a problem. In fact, its so close to Burgos, they get a decent amount of monger tourists like me. They simply ask for your guest's ID as a method of safety for you. The hotel is clean, modern, has friendly staff, and is in such a convenient location. Enjoy the trip.

Wicked Roger
10-17-17, 17:29
What risk-free hotels Can I go to with the escorts in Manila? Thanks!You try the hotels thread as that has lists or PM me and I can suggest.

Sxxxx
10-18-17, 01:15
Risk free hotels are all the ones posted earlier being risk free. Also read up on the money back guarantee escorts, it will only take a minute.Another hilarious post. You guys are getting into the right spirit of things. Have fun. Risk free is everywhere, if your willing to take the risk.

Sxxxx
10-19-17, 00:46
You try the hotels thread as that has lists or PM me and I can suggest.I like your strategy, and willingness to provide PM info.

TunningRob
10-19-17, 08:05
Another hilarious post. You guys are getting into the right spirit of things. Have fun. Risk free is everywhere, if your willing to take the risk.Thanks guys!

Gentleman Travel
10-25-17, 04:44
HI, I have just two nights in Manila (and my first time there).

Night One I arrive pretty late and hope to hit the town sometime after midnight, looking for a BJ on site somewhere or maybe take-out back to my hotel.

Day Two I hope to date a couple of "normal girls" from Filipino Cupid or Pinay Love. So I would like to impress them with being in a decent hotel.

Working somewhat blindly I identified a couple of hotels that appeal to me:

City Garden Grand (Makati) - which I see mentioned below as girl friendly, so long as you do it right. And it sounds like most hotels are the same.

Waterfront Pavilion (Ermita).

Premiere Haven at Sea (Pasay).

One night I want to be close to sleazy bar action and the other night I want to be able to take my girl out to nice restaurants and fun nightlife.

Any suggestions as to what location or hotel is best for my situation?

And is having a nice hotel any kind of a draw for non-pro girls? Or does it advertise me as a guy with more money than brains?

These hotels all have swimming pools and I thought that might be a draw to get a "good girl" to come back quickly to my hotel and get half-naked.

Any comments on these (or other) hotels and my overall strategy?

Thanks,

GT.

Dion Cassius
10-25-17, 05:23
I don't think whomever told you this correct. I go twice a year to Philippines and stay at the City Garden Grand while in Makati. I always come back from going out late (2 am or later) and come back with a Burgos girl or from another place and never have had a problem. In fact, its so close to Burgos, they get a decent amount of monger tourists like me. They simply ask for your guest's ID as a method of safety for you. The hotel is clean, modern, has friendly staff, and is in such a convenient location. Enjoy the trip.Thank you mate.

I will get there soon and I will report back.

WestCoast1
10-25-17, 05:51
One night I want to be close to sleazy bar action and the other night I want to be able to take my girl out to nice restaurants and fun nightlife.Sari Pan Pacific hotel in Malate on Adriatico: Classy upscale place (w pool), right in the middle of the sleaze (short taxi to LA Cafe and G-Point bars).

These hotels all have swimming pools and I thought that might be a draw to get a "good girl" to come back quickly to my hotel and get half-naked.Pool can be hit / miss. Many pinay don't know how to swim (nor do they have bathing suit). I like a pool myself, but when I look at condos / hotels for pool, I remember to tell myself that the pool is for me.

Boarer
10-25-17, 06:05
Pool can be hit / miss. Many pinay don't know how to swim (nor do they have bathing suit). I like a pool myself, but when I look at condos / hotels for pool, I remember to tell myself that the pool is for me.I would add, I take them to the pools, after purchasing a suitable pair of swimsuit for them. FIY, bikinis with less material than an pocket square can sometimes run more than US200. So sometimes t-shirt and shorts over bra and panties are what they are used to! ;-D

Cbea20
10-28-17, 05:46
What is regarded as "too sexy" or revealing is not the upper body, but showing legs up to the crotch. Swimsuit for a starter girl can include a short skirt.

I would add, I take them to the pools, after purchasing a suitable pair of swimsuit for them. FIY, bikinis with less material than an pocket square can sometimes run more than US200. So sometimes t-shirt and shorts over bra and panties are what they are used to! ;-D

WilBarry
11-02-17, 02:57
Malate:

Armada hotel. About $60 a night. Fridge, mini safe, air conditioner, water boiler and very clean. Did not see any bugs. About 15 min walk to Robinsons. About 10 min walk to club zzyzx. Girl must check in. Downstairs restaurant is OK. I would go back to this hotel occasionally.

Birch tower. Used for airbnb. 1 min from Robinsons. Clean. Girl must check in and holy hell theres like 100 IDs of girls at the front desk during the evening.

Manila hotel. About $90 a night. Not really in Malate so kind of far. Its definitely a nice hotel. Nice lobby, great front desk, good view, room has everything you need. But its just so far. Probably not coming back because its far.

Makati:

A. Venue hotel. About $50. Great hotel. Its somehow modern and classy at the same time if that makes sense. Has stovetop. Right next to royal club and big supermarket. Girl can just walk in without checking in. Would come back often.

Hop Inn. About $25 a night. Located at the end of Makati ave. No frills hotel. No fridge, no dental kits, but has a mini safe. A lot of noise from the street and hallways. But I am not a light sleeper and don't really mind. Very clean, great front desk. Would stay here often.

I'm hotel. About $90 a night. Modern hotel, something you would pay $200 a night for in the US. Its a good hotel but I'm not sure if I would come back theres so many kids.

Hyatt city of dreams. Meh its a Hyatt. Very far.

Dg8787
11-04-17, 03:27
I seen in the news that Hop Inn will be building 10 more hotels in the Philippines. Currently Hop Inn has one in Makati and one in Ermita. From hotel sites pictures they seem to be a grade or have a little larger rooms than Red Planet.

Has anyone used Hop Inn and what are the rooms and hotel like?

Crazy4Thai
11-05-17, 16:45
Has anyone used Hop Inn and what are the rooms and hotel like?I stayed at the one in Ermita last April. I have not stayed at a Red Planet so cannot make that comparison. The bed was comfortable, the water was hot and with enough pressure. The place was clean. Wi-fi worked good. There was a a table just big enough for my laptop. The room was small but not ridiculously small. I had to put my suitcase under the bed, No mini fridge and no coffee maker. No problem. Hallway traffic was a little noisy at times. It was about half what I normally pay but was good. I would repeat.

RengadeMaster
11-07-17, 16:24
Tried out the I'm Hotel. With discounts it came out to $71 USD per night plus taxes and fees. Basic room, a little on the small side. Just enough room for a bed. Large TV though 50". Crabtree and Evelyn bath products. Friendly staff. ID check and call, so girl friendly. Great swimming pool with see through bottom. It was strange swimming with people walking underneath. Also entering the hotel it's interesting looking up and seeing the swimmers. Buffet was okay. Not worth the add on or 800 pesos. Most of the food was cold and the cooked items weren't to my taste. They do offer a free buffet with the spa treatment so that's not a bad option. Had time to kill so I did the three hour spa package (body scrub, tea bath, buffet and massage). Very nice but at 3000 pesos, I don't think it was worth it when Touch of Hands offers a similar service for 800 pesos one building over. You're really paying for the upgraded spa rooms. Within a few blocks of P Burgos and Century Mall.

Only possible negative would be the hotel is more family oriented. Lots of kids and families during my stay. Awkward coming in at night with a girl in tow. With the right discount I would definitely pay a little more for I'm Hotel over the other hotels or AirBnB's in the area.Arriving in phils for the first time in 2 weeks time, brief 4 night stay in Makati and I've booked the I'm hotel, couldn't find much info on it but after reading you're post I'm quietly confident I've made a good choice, I know I could of got cheaper but as its my first time etc I thought I would splash out a little, not bothered about about the family / kids aspect, hopefully I will be too busy to notice.

Dg8787
11-07-17, 18:00
I stayed at the one in Ermita last April. I have not stayed at a Red Planet so cannot make that comparison. The bed was comfortable, the water was hot and with enough pressure. The place was clean. Wi-fi worked good. There was a a table just big enough for my laptop. The room was small but not ridiculously small. I had to put my suitcase under the bed, No mini fridge and no coffee maker. No problem. Hallway traffic was a little noisy at times. It was about half what I normally pay but was good. I would repeat.Thanks for the concise informative information. I might give them a try sometime. They said they would be building in Aseana City which is a great location to MOA and NAIA. Currently I use Red Planet there when I arrive and leave there.

WilBarry
11-08-17, 05:38
Does anybody have any stories on taking back to your room hotel workers at the front desk or restaurants etc?

IAmPrakash
11-14-17, 08:57
Hi all,

Have a trip to Manila coming up next week. Will be staying in Aloha Hotel, Malate, Manila.

Phili regulars / Seniors, please help me with pointers regarding.

1. How joiner friendly the hotel is?

2. How good is the location of Aloha W. R. T places of action?

Thanks in advance.

IamPrakash.

SaltyPete
11-14-17, 14:58
Does anybody have any stories on taking back to your room hotel workers at the front desk or restaurants etc?Hotel staff will get fired if seen fraternizing with guests.

Manfield04
11-14-17, 16:56
Stayed at Armada Hotel in 2014, my girl did not check in. She was allowed to the room. However, she was not a working girl but a normal next door girl trying to make some extra money.

Armada hotel. About $60 a night. Fridge, mini safe, air conditioner, water boiler and very clean. Did not see any bugs. About 15 min walk to Robinsons. About 10 min walk to club zzyzx. Girl must check in. Downstairs restaurant is OK. I would go back to this hotel occasionally.

Manfield04
11-14-17, 17:09
I don't know why you chose this hotel but you could have opted for a hotel nearer to Robinsons Mall for LA Café or you could have chosen a hotel nearer to Malls of Asia. All the information is already given in the forum, you just need to read.

Hi all, Have a trip to Manila coming up next week. Will be staying in Aloha Hotel, Malate, Manila. Phili regulars / Seniors, please help me with pointers regarding. IamPrakash.

Slippery
11-14-17, 18:45
Hi all,

Have a trip to Manila coming up next week. Will be staying in Aloha Hotel, Malate, Manila.

Thanks in advance.

IamPrakash.Good place with a nice rooftop pool. All hotels are guest friendly on that street. There's action all over the place. It depends on your priorities and budget.

Red Kilt
11-15-17, 04:54
Does anybody have any stories on taking back to your room hotel workers at the front desk or restaurants etc?This has been discussed before on many occasions.

It's not a good idea, and your common sense will tell you why.

Most hotels have rules against this, and the CCTV will catch the girl. The worst scenario is that she will obtain access to your personal data, passport and photo, address etc given on check-in even if she is a maid or waitress and not front desk.

This could end up very badly if there is any conflict between you and the girl.

X Man
11-16-17, 07:40
It is close to Harrison mall which apparently has some freelancers. As someone has already noted, you'd be better off closer to Robinson's mall.

I stayed at Aloha one night and then moved. It was too noisy.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

IamPrakash.

DelBosque
11-21-17, 18:55
I stayed several nights in the Birch Tower who contains 4 hotels.

Situated in front of the Robinson Mall and has 45 floors.

There is a pool on the 9 floor, but not that good, he is situated in a tunnel, so less sun and Always wind, feels cold.

I stayed in a Deluxe Studio in 'Hotel 168' and in 'JMM Grand Suites' who was better.

The rooms / studio's looks the same but they are cleaner and more attractive than in H 168.

The price was about the same, around 2. 200 p / night.

WilBarry
11-23-17, 19:17
Hotel staff will get fired if seen fraternizing with guests.Yes. I understand. It's like saying if you cheat on your so bad things happen. I was just wondering if there were any stories, I can't seem to find any, although I did not look through all 188 pages.

Flyboy 2000
11-24-17, 01:52
Yes. I understand. It's like saying if you cheat on your so bad things happen. I was just wondering if there were any stories, I can't seem to find any, although I did not look through all 188 pages.I have on my travels dated two women who worked in hotels, and each one said that such 'fraternization' is indeed a firing offense and had first-hand knowledge of exactly that happening. Each time I visited their city I had to stay at a different hotel to their workplace, and even so they were sometimes a little concerned that they might bump into an ex-colleague now at that hotel, or another hotel staffer they knew through the relatively small industry circle.

Dg8787
11-24-17, 06:33
Yes. I understand. It's like saying if you cheat on your so bad things happen. I was just wondering if there were any stories, I can't seem to find any, although I did not look through all 188 pages.Why would you want to jepordize someone's hard to find job? 90 some per cent will not go out and would be offended if you ask. Plenty of girls out there in known locations to pleasure you.

Mr Hawaii
11-24-17, 07:26
Does anybody have any stories on taking back to your room hotel workers at the front desk or restaurants etc?Many years ago I stayed at Midtown Hotel in Cebu city; it is now called Summit Circle. Started talking with the maid who worked on my floor, she agreed to go out with me, and the guard saw us together. He reported her, she was fired. This is a first hand story. Not my best moment, but that is what happened.

Wicked Roger
11-24-17, 07:53
Many years ago I stayed at Midtown Hotel in Cebu city; it is now called Summit Circle. Started talking with the maid who worked on my floor, she agreed to go out with me, and the guard saw us together. He reported her, she was fired. This is a first hand story. Not my best moment, but that is what happened.I asked 2 waitresses from the Tiara Oriental in Makati and we agreed I would book into another hotel. So I did we had lots of fun together LOL. That is the only way. Never mess on the doorstep of the hotel worker. Happens all over the world not just the Philippines.

Chocha Monger
11-24-17, 16:34
This has been discussed before on many occasions.

It's not a good idea, and your common sense will tell you why.

Most hotels have rules against this, and the CCTV will catch the girl. The worst scenario is that she will obtain access to your personal data, passport and photo, address etc given on check-in even if she is a maid or waitress and not front desk.

This could end up very badly if there is any conflict between you and the girl.This is true and worth repeating as it comes up often. I can confirm that the waitresses have access to guest info via terminal used to place orders and bill room service. Screwing the hotel staff is always a very bad idea. They watch the guests and gossip to each other. If a monger fucks one, the others will know and take a personal interest in his info and activities. They will dig into records of his prior stays at the hotel and any female companions who visited him. Fellas might think that stuff is not being recorded but if they get into trouble, they may find out that there are meticulous notes on their activities at the hotel. Mongers who think that they just have to fuck a girl on the hotel staff because convincing the girl to violate employer policies on fraternization with guests makes them extra horny, should consider that the staff has access to the room and the safe. It would not be hard for someone to place an anonymous tip to the friendly local police that a certain foreigner has some crystal stashed somewhere in their room.

Soapy Smith
11-27-17, 10:20
It is close to Harrison mall which apparently has some freelancers. As someone has already noted, you'd be better off closer to Robinson's mall.I think "had some freelancers" is now more accurate for Harrison. I strolled through three times in the last two weeks and didn't get a single inviting smile or greeting. A couple others in the forum have reported the same recently. In the past the second floor overlook railing on the Mabini end had been a good place. This time nobody there, even at one pm--aside from a security guard, perched right at the railing. As I looked around I sensed there were more security guards at random locations in the mall than I recall from the past. Meanwhile, the number and quality of retail outlets continues to decline. If they are now spending more for security, the mall's bottom line will soon be in trouble. In much of the Western world internet order businesses are killing malls, but the higher end Philippine malls may hold out a little longer, given the dismal quality of delivery services for stuff ordered online. And perhaps MOA is propped up artificially by customers at the nearby casinos. But a soccer stadium? Give me a break.

DelBosque gave an interesting report about the Burger King entrance at Robinsons Place as a pickup location. Makes sense, given its proximity to the Ermita freelancer bars.

Fast Eddie 48
01-06-18, 02:44
I think "had some freelancers" is now more accurate for Harrison. I strolled through three times in the last two weeks and didn't get a single inviting smile or greeting. A couple others in the forum have reported the same recently. In the past the second floor overlook railing on the Mabini end had been a good place. This time nobody there, even at one pm--aside from a security guard, perched right at the railing. As I looked around I sensed there were more security guards at random locations in the mall than I recall from the past. Meanwhile, the number and quality of retail outlets continues to decline. If they are now spending more for security, the mall's bottom line will soon be in trouble. In much of the Western world internet order businesses are killing malls, but the higher end Philippine malls may hold out a little longer, given the dismal quality of delivery services for stuff ordered online. And perhaps MOA is propped up artificially by customers at the nearby casinos. But a soccer stadium? Give me a break.

DelBosque gave an interesting report about the Burger King entrance at Robinsons Place as a pickup location. Makes sense, given its proximity to the Ermita freelancer bars.To Soapy.

Malls hunting in Manila is a waste of time now days I always check out Harrison and Robinson Mall but all you get is older middle age woman now days, back in 2000 early in the afternoon you can get young girl for st all over Manila for 500 p go to the Malls in AC or Pampanga much better there.

Fast Eddie 48.

Bushes
01-27-18, 00:47
Have done that too. Usually at a short term or cheaper hotel. Sometimes the girls will know local places to go. In some countries, a local ID gets a better rate.

I asked 2 waitresses from the Tiara Oriental in Makati and we agreed I would book into another hotel. So I did we had lots of fun together LOL. That is the only way. Never mess on the doorstep of the hotel worker. Happens all over the world not just the Philippines.On the safe front, if they access, you cannot access. A dead give away and has happened to me several times over the years. Only the dirt is shared for troublesome guests. My favourite chocolate doesn't always appear in the room.

This is true and worth repeating as it comes up often. I can confirm that the waitresses have access to guest info via terminal used to place orders and bill room service. Screwing the hotel staff is always a very bad idea. They watch the guests and gossip to each other. If a monger fucks one, the others will know and take a personal interest in his info and activities. They will dig into records of his prior stays at the hotel and any female companions who visited him. Fellas might think that stuff is not being recorded but if they get into trouble, they may find out that there are meticulous notes on their activities at the hotel. Mongers who think that they just have to fuck a girl on the hotel staff because convincing the girl to violate employer policies on fraternization with guests makes them extra horny, should consider that the staff has access to the room and the safe. It would not be hard for someone to place an anonymous tip to the friendly local police that a certain foreigner has some crystal stashed somewhere in their room.

Dg8787
02-16-18, 16:10
I seen in the news that Hop Inn will be building 10 more hotels in the Philippines. Currently Hop Inn has one in Makati and one in Ermita. From hotel sites pictures they seem to be a grade or have a little larger rooms than Red Planet.

Has anyone used Hop Inn and what are the rooms and hotel like?I stayed one night to see how the hotel was. Decent size room. Amazingly quiet AirCon that cools the room. Good location and price.

Drawback for me is no coffee shop in or near the hotel. Big drawback for me.

Took the night off and didn't bring any girls back to the room. However at checkin I asked it bringing 2 girls back was ok. The answer was any girls will need an ID. Period. No waivers for no ID. On way they allow a girl without ID is if you put her name down when you check in.

Mogwai
02-17-18, 09:21
Drawback for me is no coffee shop in or near the hotel. Big drawback for me.Don't know what you consider as 'near' but there's a Coffee Bean And Tea Leaf at the A. Venue Mall, about 200 metres down the road.

Dg8787
02-17-18, 12:00
Don't know what you consider as 'near' but there's a Coffee Bean And Tea Leaf at the A. Venue Mall, about 200 metres down the road.Near to me is 10-30 meters. My preference is it is in the same building.

Yes, I did walk over to Coffee Bean for my caffeine.

LifeIsABeach
03-03-18, 20:24
I had my money stolen from my locked backpack when I was away all day. No one else entered the room apart from the hotel staff and cleaners. The hotel did nothing. There is no safe deposit box in the room.

SlowAndEasy
03-05-18, 10:43
I don't know why you chose this hotel but you could have opted for a hotel nearer to Robinsons Mall for LA Caf or you could have chosen a hotel nearer to Malls of Asia. All the information is already given in the forum, you just need to read.Do you have a suggestion? I have read back 6 pages now and don't have a good answer.

Soapy Smith
03-05-18, 17:13
I had my money stolen from my locked backpack when I was away all day. No one else entered the room apart from the hotel staff and cleaners. The hotel did nothing. There is no safe deposit box in the room.I'm sorry for your loss. Consider buying a Pacsafe. It's a heavy canvas bag with wire embedded in the fabric that makes it essentially impossible to cut through. Mine is about 8 inches wide and 18 inches deep. It comes with an airplane cable closure at the top and a padlock. I usually fasten mine to furniture where they'd need to saw through the furniture, or fasten it to plumbing under the sink, where only the maintenance man with pipe wrenches will be able to get at it. (and that narrows the list of suspects, should it disappear.) Mine has never been tampered with. I paid about $30 for it a few years ago; they're probably more expensive now. Easy to carry in luggage, and the bag, cable, and lock all in, weigh about a pound at most.

Engine Driver
03-07-18, 10:11
To Soapy.

Malls hunting in Manila is a waste of time now days I always check out Harrison and Robinson Mall but all you get is older middle age woman now days, back in 2000 early in the afternoon you can get young girl for st all over Manila for 500 p go to the Malls in AC or Pampanga much better there.

Fast Eddie 48.I always find it perplexing that people want to chase pussy in malls in the Phillipines. What is it about it? The thrill of the chase? It's certainly not the quality, that's for sure! When was the last time any one found a cute spinner with a full set of teeth in a mall? Maybe in 1996?

FFS, LA Cafe is 300 m away from Robinson Mall, Ermita. 1000's of prostitutes on Fields Avenue are a mere 600 m away from SM Clark in Angeles. Mango Square is less than a kilometer away from Ayala Mall, Cebu.

Simmer
03-07-18, 18:28
I always find it perplexing that people want to chase pussy in malls in the Phillipines. What is it about it? The thrill of the chase? It's certainly not the quality, that's for sure! When was the last time any one found a cute spinner with a full set of teeth in a mall? Maybe in 1996?

FFS, LA Cafe is 300 m away from Robinson Mall, Ermita. 1000's of prostitutes on Fields Avenue are a mere 600 m away from SM Clark in Angeles. Mango Square is less than a kilometer away from Ayala Mall, Cebu.Just my opinion, having tried it once or twice. Not having to pay middlemen (bars / mamasans), not having to sit in smoky bars, "girl next door", etc. That said, I tried, and passed on it. Just didn't want to offend anybody by asking somebody that wasn't looking for "work"! Not all valid reasons, of course.

On the extremely rare occasion I get to do this sort of thing, nowadays I prefer the more guaranteed places. FL168, EDSA EC, P Burgos etc. One of my regrets in life is not doing this when I was somewhat younger and single!

BonusParts
03-08-18, 17:22
Heading to the Philippines for the first time. Can anyone recommend me a budget hotel with a decent location / WiFi for Manila / AC? I saw some people recommend ABC Hotel but was hoping for something cheaper, thanks.

Engine Driver
03-08-18, 23:57
Heading to the Philippines for the first time. Can anyone recommend me a budget hotel with a decent location / WiFi for Manila / AC? I saw some people recommend ABC Hotel but was hoping for something cheaper, thanks.Why don't you try Booking.com or something similar? It's all there. You can then check the map to see how far the hotel is away from Walking Street in AC, which is the main mongering zone. The Clarkton Hotel is the furthest away from Walking Street (not walking distance), but its cheap.

In Manilla, it depends on where you want to monger. Ermita, Makati or EDSA? It's not one compact location, so focus on one zone at a time if it's your first trip. It's a little overwhelming at the start. RTFF. It's all there.

Ermita - Robinson Mall, LA Cafe
Makati - P. Burgos Street, Havana Cafe
EDSA - Gogo bars

Sock111
03-14-18, 08:36
I'm going to be in Manila for a night due to a super early morning flight. My driver told me that I would have to leave angeles at 2 am in order to make the flight in Manila. So I thought might as well go to Manila the night before and see how Burgos has changed. Anyone can recommend a nice hotel in the $40-$50 range?

WestCoast1
03-14-18, 14:56
I'm going to be in Manila for a night due to a super early morning flight. My driver told me that I would have to leave angeles at 2 am in order to make the flight in Manila. So I thought might as well go to Manila the night before and see how Burgos has changed. Anyone can recommend a nice hotel in the $40-$50 range?Its hard to respond to that. What do you mean by "nice"? Most gents would think that term means "well-appointed", and those rooms run several times that amount. However you can get "decent" at Oxford Suites, right on Burgos street, for about $60.

Alternative: Find a well-appointed condo on airbnb at Knightsbridge (or similar residences in the area, like Gramercy) in your price range. This place lists at $28/ night:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14696725?location=Knightsbridge%20Residences%2C%20B.%20Valdez%2C%20Makati%2C%20NCR%2C%20Philippines&s=2Eor6AvM

And $40/ night:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19612310?location=Knightsbridge%20Residences%2C%20B.%20Valdez%2C%20Makati%2C%20NCR%2C%20Philippines&s=2Eor6AvM

Wicked Roger
03-14-18, 17:53
Its hard to respond to that. What do you mean by "nice"? Most gents would think that term means "well-appointed", and those rooms run several times that amount. However you can get "decent" at Oxford Suites, right on Burgos street, for about $60.

Alternative: Find a well-appointed condo on airbnb at Knightsbridge (or similar residences in the area, like Gramercy) in your price range. This place lists at $28/ night:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/14696725?location=Knightsbridge%20Residences%2C%20B.%20Valdez%2C%20Makati%2C%20NCR%2C%20Philippines&s=2Eor6AvM

And $40/ night:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19612310?location=Knightsbridge%20Residences%2C%20B.%20Valdez%2C%20Makati%2C%20NCR%2C%20Philippines&s=2Eor6AvMI stay either at St Giles (book on its website as cheaper) or Red Planet across the road. Oxford Suite was a place for me but I found the standard slipping, room musty / damp at times so moved to the other 2.

Airbnb as Westie says is a good alternative.

Dg8787
03-14-18, 19:47
Heading to the Philippines for the first time. Can anyone recommend me a budget hotel with a decent location / WiFi for Manila / AC? I saw some people recommend ABC Hotel but was hoping for something cheaper, thanks.You can start out with Sogo Hotels and work your way up. $$ wise.

Sock111
03-14-18, 20:50
Its hard to respond to that. What do you mean by "nice"? Most gents would think that term means "well-appointed", and those rooms run several times that amount. However you can get "decent" at Oxford Suites, right on Burgos street, for about $60.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/19612310?location=Knightsbridge%20Residences%2C%20B.%20Valdez%2C%20Makati%2C%20NCR%2C%20Philippines&s=2Eor6AvMVery true, I should have been more specific with my term of "nice". I've stayed at Red planet before and would consider that nice, but small. No one wants to check in a hotel that smells, has bugs, or dirty rooms. Thanks to everyone else for the suggestions. I want to stay near enough to Burgos so I can bar hop and check out the scene.

I've stayed at my fair share of Angeles hotels, so I know what I'm getting in to over there, but after my first trip to Manilla back in 2013, it was always straight to Angeles after that.

Transporter
03-14-18, 21:09
I'm going to be in Manila for a night due to a super early morning flight. My driver told me that I would have to leave angeles at 2 am in order to make the flight in Manila. So I thought might as well go to Manila the night before and see how Burgos has changed. Anyone can recommend a nice hotel in the $40-$50 range?Looks like you will only be there for a short time or half a day or so, I would suggest looking into a SOGO as they are nice (themed) and they have ST rates.

They are located all over the place, so finding a suitable location is easy, and often times there are girls very close by to the SOGO (makes it easy).

Sock111
03-14-18, 21:53
Looks like you will only be there for a short time or half a day or so, I would suggest looking into a SOGO as they are nice (themed) and they have ST rates.

They are located all over the place, so finding a suitable location is easy, and often times there are girls very close by to the SOGO (makes it easy).I decided to stay at the Ritz Astor Hotel. Going to give it a try and the rooms like nice and its very close to the action.

JcFromNz
03-15-18, 11:41
Does anybody have any stories on taking back to your room hotel workers at the front desk or restaurants etc?That's a big no.

They would loose their job.

BaddHabbit
03-16-18, 07:38
That's a big no.

They would loose their job.Agreed. There are several stories on the forums of the problems this causes. Please do a search, read up on it and DON'T DO IT! A couple people who have wanted to do this have arranged a meeting but then swapped hotels and met there instead. Seems a viable middle ground.

Mogwai
03-16-18, 10:25
That's a big no.
They would loose their job.You are replying to an old post from November last year that has been answered already.

Kwame Case
03-30-18, 02:24
I am going to stay in Makati area soon.

Do anybody knows that I can bring back the girls to my room without notifying the front desk at the following hotels or condos.

- I'm hotel.

- Fraser Place.

- Citadines Salcedo Makati Apartments.

- Astria Green belt.

Thanks in advance.

LongLunches
03-30-18, 02:42
I am going to stay in Makati area soon.

Do anybody knows that I can bring back the girls to my room without notifying the front desk at the following hotels or condos.

- I'm hotel.

Thanks in advance.Relax, all fine. I vote I'm.

Kwame Case
03-30-18, 05:25
Relax, all fine. I vote I'm.Thank you very much LongLunch.

Goons
03-30-18, 09:35
I was looking to book Red Planet on Burgos but I realized this was a rebranded Tune hotel. I don't know if the newer Red Hotel management allow for guests, it looks a lot like the old Tune boutique.

Dg8787
03-30-18, 17:05
I was looking to book Red Planet on Burgos but I realized this was a rebranded Tune hotel. I don't know if the newer Red Hotel management allow for guests, it looks a lot like the old Tune boutique.Same policies as before. Same front desk staff as before. They do ask for visitor's ID, half the time they hold it. Other times they just write down the information. Always walk the visitor down to the lobby to retrieve ID or they will come knocking on your door and ask if everything is ok.

Because they know me pesonally they generally don't ask my girl for an ID. If it is a new girl to me then I walk her up to Security doorperson and offer her ID to them for my security. Please note if you are shy, they do have female doorpersons, they know what is up. No problems with them. They will send you to the male doorman to get the girls ID.

Front desk girls know what's up. They will acknowledge you when you walk by alone and look the other way when you are walking by with someone.

Goons
03-31-18, 03:50
Same policies as before. Same front desk staff as before. They do ask for visitor's ID, half the time they hold it. Other times they just write down the information. Always walk the visitor down to the lobby to retrieve ID or they will come knocking on your door and ask if everything is ok.

Front desk girls know what's up. They will acknowledge you when you walk by alone and look the other way when you are walking by with someone.Same as before? I wasn't aware Tune allowed for guests. Cool.

I suppose the charge for extra towels and TV and A/C by the hour same as ever?

Dg8787
03-31-18, 05:02
Same as before? I wasn't aware Tune allowed for guests. Cool.

I suppose the charge for extra towels and TV and A/C by the hour same as ever?I never had a problem with guests when it was Tune. Never a problem now.

No more extra charges. Just flat rate. Still non- smoking hotel. I always tip P50 for extra towels and pillows and never had a problem even when it was Tune.

Macho Dik
04-03-18, 05:40
Hi there!

Anyone can help me clarify if Airforce one near NAIA is a hotel or a KTV club? Sorry for asking, it seems they also have flight 168 massage parlour too.

Wish to find a hotel near NAIA for next day flight and able to enjoy last night of Philippines!

Cheers,

MD.

Transporter
04-03-18, 11:37
Hi there!

Anyone can help me clarify if Airforce one near NAIA is a hotel or a KTV club? Sorry for asking, it seems they also have flight 168 massage parlour too.

Wish to find a hotel near NAIA for next day flight and able to enjoy last night of Philippines!

Cheers,

MD.Its a KTV joint.
and yes 168 us a massage parlor or spa or whatever they want to call it.

Macho Dik
04-04-18, 01:42
Its a KTV joint.
and yes 168 us a massage parlor or spa or whatever they want to call it.Oh thanks!

No girl friendly hotel around that area? As I was thinking to spend the night before I depart Philippines to explore that area. I have surf Air Force 1 website, it seems an upscale or Chinese type of KTV with flight 168 massage parlor down below. Anyone can share some info on that part, will much appreciated!

Cheers,

MD.

Simmer
04-04-18, 17:55
Oh thanks!

No girl friendly hotel around that area? As I was thinking to spend the night before I depart Philippines to explore that area. I have surf Air Force 1 website, it seems an upscale or Chinese type of KTV with flight 168 massage parlor down below. Anyone can share some info on that part, will much appreciated!

Cheers,

MD.There's a hotel at the airport but I don't know how girl friendly it is.

Flight 168 is a massage parlour where you enter, get to choose girl (s) through a window into a separate room (fishbowl, I suppose), and then get taken to a room where you both shower and then she massages you and then. Whatever, nudge nudge, wink, wink. I do not know exact prices but somewhere around 1500 Php to 1700 for the room, plus the same again for each girl. You can get drinks, beer, maybe some snacks there.

Upstairs is the KTV thing. There is another fishbowl with supposedly better girls than downstairs, though I couldn't tell the difference. Beyond seeing both fishbowls, I did not explore any more upstairs though I understand that you cannot bang a girl in a KTV room, but you can take an upstairs girl downstairs.

I consider it a reliable venue for a good shag, but maybe not the best in the world.

Transporter
04-04-18, 17:58
Oh thanks!

Cheers,

MD.It is exactly that.

As far as girl friendly hotel, I have never came across a hotel that wasn't girl friendly.

I have run across hotels that charge a little extra because of the guest, but never one that wasn't girl friendly.

Depending upon time of day (traffic) Heratage and tropicana could be an option. If there is no traffic it takes about 5 minutes to get to terminal 1. It is directly across the street from EDSA complex (even though it is quite a walk to cross the street).

Rubio Tonto
04-04-18, 18:53
It is exactly that.

As far as girl friendly hotel, I have never came across a hotel that wasn't girl friendly.

I have run across hotels that charge a little extra because of the guest, but never one that wasn't girl friendly.

Depending upon time of day (traffic) Heratage and tropicana could be an option. If there is no traffic it takes about 5 minutes to get to terminal 1. It is directly across the street from EDSA complex (even though it is quite a walk to cross the street).The one next door to the Heritage is the Copacabana. Just a little east of the Copa is the pedestrian bridge to the other side of EDSA, where you have the EDSA Complex right there.

Simmer
04-05-18, 17:54
As far as girl friendly hotel, I have never came across a hotel that wasn't girl friendly.The Kabayan Hotel just up the road from EDSA EC is allegedly not girl friendly. I stayed there but not with a girl.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?2505-Manila-Hotels&p=1445999&post1445999

X Man
04-05-18, 23:24
Copacabana has nice large rooms. It has a pool. The last time I stayed there the bed was so noisy that I couldn't concentrate.

It's been a few years, but I also remember a slow check out. You check out at one counter and then have to go to another counter to settle the bill.

Does the Heritage Hotel still have a free shuttle to Mall Of Asia?

The one next door to the Heritage is the Copacabana. Just a little east of the Copa is the pedestrian bridge to the other side of EDSA, where you have the EDSA Complex right there.

Asian Geek
04-06-18, 01:30
I am considering to stay at Somerset this time. I am getting a decent deal.

Any one with experience staying there? Just rechecking if there are any issues with 'guests' coming in at odd hours. Normally I book for two and the guest is the second person. You know.

Macho Dik
04-06-18, 01:32
There's a hotel at the airport but I don't know how girl friendly it is.

Flight 168 is a massage parlour where you enter, get to choose girl (s) through a window into a separate room (fishbowl, I suppose), and then get taken to a room where you both shower and then she massages you and then. Whatever, nudge nudge, wink, wink. I do not know exact prices but somewhere around 1500 Php to 1700 for the room, plus the same again for each girl. You can get drinks, beer, maybe some snacks there.

Upstairs is the KTV thing. There is another fishbowl with supposedly better girls than downstairs, though I couldn't tell the difference. Beyond seeing both fishbowls, I did not explore any more upstairs though I understand that you cannot bang a girl in a KTV room, but you can take an upstairs girl downstairs.

I consider it a reliable venue for a good shag, but maybe not the best in the world.Thanks for the advise, I think this must be operated by Chinese as it seems Chinese style in China!

Well good to be on the list of my exploring venue but I doubt I will have time for it as both pre arrange girls seems to make my schedule fully tight up! Wow! Need more supplies of cialis this trip.

Cheers,

MD.

Macho Dik
04-06-18, 01:35
It is exactly that.

Depending upon time of day (traffic) Heratage and tropicana could be an option. If there is no traffic it takes about 5 minutes to get to terminal 1. It is directly across the street from EDSA complex (even though it is quite a walk to cross the street).Thanks for the advise pal!

I know heritage and stay there last time when I banged my cotton club girl!

I just think like some hotel may be walking distance to Air Force one as taking taxi is manila is really a nightmare to me.

Cheers,

MD.

Rubio Tonto
04-06-18, 09:23
Copacabana has nice large rooms. It has a pool. The last time I stayed there the bed was so noisy that I couldn't concentrate.

It's been a few years, but I also remember a slow check out. You check out at one counter and then have to go to another counter to settle the bill.

Does the Heritage Hotel still have a free shuttle to Mall Of Asia?Last time I stayed at Heritage was in early January 2017, and they still had the free shuttle to MOA. It was at least twice a day, but don't remember anything other than that.

Copacabana has had a routine and fairly quick checkout every time I've stayed there (late Jan, Sept, Oct 2017 and Jan 2018). It's about 50-60% off Heritage's prices. Girl not included, though.

Asian Geek
04-06-18, 18:02
I was there is Aug'17 and they still had the shuttle at that time. However the place is so close and costs nothing to go to the MOA from hotel. I even took the jeepney once just for the heck of it.

Last time I stayed at Heritage was in early January 2017, and they still had the free shuttle to MOA. It was at least twice a day, but don't remember anything other than that.

Copacabana has had a routine and fairly quick checkout every time I've stayed there (late Jan, Sept, Oct 2017 and Jan 2018). It's about 50-60% off Heritage's prices. Girl not included, though.

Dg8787
04-06-18, 21:24
Same as before? I wasn't aware Tune allowed for guests. Cool.

I suppose the charge for extra towels and TV and A/C by the hour same as ever?Goons,

Don't forget to report back on your visit (s). Seems you have more questions than reports here.

Dg8787
04-06-18, 21:31
I was there is Aug'17 and they still had the shuttle at that time. However the place is so close and costs nothing to go to the MOA from hotel. I even took the jeepney once just for the heck of it.Might mention to cross over EDSA from the hotel for direct transportation to MOA. Also taxis going to and returning from MOA might want P100 flat fee as it is a short fare for them.

VeryInterest
04-07-18, 01:25
Looks like you will only be there for a short time or half a day or so, I would suggest looking into a SOGO as they are nice (themed) and they have ST rates.

They are located all over the place, so finding a suitable location is easy, and often times there are girls very close by to the SOGO (makes it easy).What sogo would you recommend close to the airport with easy access to ST girls.

Rubio Tonto
04-07-18, 07:29
What sogo would you recommend close to the airport with easy access to ST girls.The Sogo that's next to the pedestrian bridge that goes across the street to the EDSA Complex on the other side. It's about 1/4 km or 750 feet east of the Heritage Hotel.

Dg8787
04-17-18, 20:24
I have booked City Garden Suites for 2 days, non smoking room, about $60 a night all in. On my last trip I ate in the restaurant twice, the food was good.

Anything I should know about City Garden Suites?

Dg8787
04-17-18, 20:29
Goons,

Don't forget to report back on your visit (s). Seems you have more questions than reports here.Hey Goons,

Report in please.

Goons?

Goons?

Goons?

Tryntry
04-18-18, 07:14
I have booked City Garden Suites for 2 days, non smoking room, about $60 a night all in. On my last trip I ate in the restaurant twice, the food was good.

Anything I should know about City Garden Suites?The most important things are that it is girl friendly and nearby LA Cafe and Robinson's Mall. Happy hunting.

Standard rooms are not very big, with so so beds.

Rubio Tonto
04-19-18, 12:57
Anything I should know about City Garden Suites?Sure. Rubio shagged a spinner there a few times. OK OK, it was more than one spinner. Don't be so judgmental.

Dg8787
04-21-18, 03:04
Thanks gents for the info.

Booked for 2 nights after flying in from USA to T1. Thought I would give Yellow taxi one last try. After driving off the driver asked to see the slip and kept it. I knew then he would try to overcharge me. I ask him to turn the meter on and he said it was flat fee of P600 to the hotel. Then he proceeded to give me a sad story of high gasoline prices, airport charges and blah blah blah. End of story I wasn't in a fighting mood and paid 500.
Next day, Friday 3pm went to T3 from hotel and white taxi quoted flat fee of 300.

The hotel was out of regular rooms and I had to book a jr suite with a queen bed and twin bed. It had a living room too but no ac in the living room. Everything was clean. Only downside was the air con was weak and the bathroom is small. The staff was good service and restaurant food was good.

Soapy Smith
04-21-18, 14:30
Booked for 2 nights after flying in from USA to T1. Thought I would give Yellow taxi one last try. After driving off the driver asked to see the slip and kept it. I knew then he would try to overcharge me. I ask him to turn the meter on and he said it was flat fee of P600 to the hotel. Then he proceeded to give me a sad story of high gasoline prices, airport charges and blah blah blah. End of story I wasn't in a fighting mood and paid 500.I've been into that general area numerous times in metered yellow cabs under the current fare structure and the meter typically generated between 300 and 350. Perhaps this is their effort to make up losses in the number of fares they get since the regular white taxis have been allowed to pickup at the airport.

Dg8787
04-22-18, 13:51
I've been into that general area numerous times in metered yellow cabs under the current fare structure and the meter typically generated between 300 and 350. Perhaps this is their effort to make up losses in the number of fares they get since the regular white taxis have been allowed to pickup at the airport.I think it is standard operating procedures for Manila taxis, especially for Yellow cabs to me. I haven't heard the drivers kid has dengue lately and needs money for meds! LOL.

On the other hand I don't see how they can make much money at the meter rates either.

Kabul Guy
04-23-18, 01:23
I think it is standard operating procedures for Manila taxis, especially for Yellow cabs to me. I haven't heard the drivers kid has dengue lately and needs money for meds! LOL.

On the other hand I don't see how they can make much money at the meter rates either.I would just as soon see the meter rate increase to what a driver could live on and then have strict enforcement of the rules regarding using the meter, knowledge of the city, condition of the cab, and other rules that govern in many other cities.

One thing I would like to see here is like in Dubai, the taxi takes a toll road using electronic payment and it is added to the meter.

Soapy Smith
04-23-18, 05:21
One thing I would like to see here is like in Dubai, the taxi takes a toll road using electronic payment and it is added to the meter.Don't lose sleep waiting for it. It's only been a couple years since they figured out how to roll the airport exit tax into airfares. Some airports in the Philippines still don't have it figured out. Leaving Davao a couple weeks ago I noticed that PAL has the exit tax rolled into the fare, but other carriers' passengers have to stop and pay the tax before entering the departure area.

Kabul Guy
04-27-18, 10:19
Don't lose sleep waiting for it. It's only been a couple years since they figured out how to roll the airport exit tax into airfares. Some airports in the Philippines still don't have it figured out. Leaving Davao a couple weeks ago I noticed that PAL has the exit tax rolled into the fare, but other carriers' passengers have to stop and pay the tax before entering the departure area.Ever take a ferry? Except on the big 2 go one I have always had to pay the port tax separately.

Uncle Volodya
05-16-18, 18:55
Looking to spend 2 nights in Makati. Are these hotel Girl Friendly?

GoodEnough
05-16-18, 20:12
Looking to spend 2 nights in Makati. Are these hotel Girl Friendly?Never stayed at Red Planet but Oxford presents no problems at all.

GE.

Uncle Volodya
05-16-18, 21:19
Never stayed at Red Planet but Oxford presents no problems at all.

GE.Thanks for your response. I actually am booked on booking.com at two different hotels right now and deciding which one to choose.

The Ritz Aston and The City Garden (not City Garden Grand).

Any opinion on theses? Are they both Girl Friendly?

Dg8787
05-17-18, 02:10
Thanks for your response. I actually am booked on booking.com at two different hotels right now and deciding which one to choose.

The Ritz Aston and The City Garden (not City Garden Grand).

Any opinion on theses? Are they both Girl Friendly?Red Planet Makiti is GF. They will ask for the girl's ID. Also be sure to walk her out for her ID or they will come to your room to ask if everything is ok.

City Garden Suites on Mabini is GF. I don't remember if they ask for ID or not.

WestCoast1
05-17-18, 04:12
Red Planet Makiti is GF. They will ask for the girl's ID. Also be sure to walk her out for her ID or they will come to your room to ask if everything is ok.

City Garden Suites on Mabini is GF. I don't remember if they ask for ID or not.CG takes the ID at the door.

BrandoBernardo
05-17-18, 08:53
Just checked in at City Garden Suites a month ago. They didn't ask for ID. Just for info.

Red Planet Makiti is GF. They will ask for the girl's ID. Also be sure to walk her out for her ID or they will come to your room to ask if everything is ok.

City Garden Suites on Mabini is GF. I don't remember if they ask for ID or not.

Uncle Volodya
05-17-18, 15:19
Just checked in at City Garden Suites a month ago. They didn't ask for ID. Just for info.I am not booked at CG Mabini but at the one right by Burgos St. Any info on that one?

Artgonsalves35
05-22-18, 05:16
Been at Crimson 2 weeks ago, and I find that hotel very superb. A high class hotel away from Manila's traffic, its located in Alabang, very relaxing, but during those time, the pool was under maintenance, but they do offer pool outside the establishment, its a VIP recreational club, the pool there was great too.

Sid70
05-28-18, 06:18
Here with pictures.

I went on a short trip to Manila, Davao, Dipolog and Manila.

In Manila I stayed at The Henry Hotel Pasay. It's a super nice place close to the airport but also close to the Mall of Asia. If you aren't that much interested in Makati with his crazy traffic, that's a perfect place to be.

Drbombay
06-01-18, 14:19
Can anyone provide info in regards to the near availability to lurk near the Conrad Hotel in Manila. In town for a short stay and looking for where to find action when I can get away from the group.

Soapy Smith
06-01-18, 15:26
Here with pictures.

I went on a short trip to Manila, Davao, Dipolog and Manila.

In Manila I stayed at The Henry Hotel Pasay. It's a super nice place close to the airport but also close to the Mall of Asia. If you aren't that much interested in Makati with his crazy traffic, that's a perfect place to be.What appears to be the bathroom area raises some questions. Is the spray on a flexible metal hose next to the bathtub the only shower facility offered? How about the toilet? It's not shown, and there doesn't appear to be a door between the bed and the other bathroom facilities. Is there any privacy separation between the toilet and the bed? I am not particularly modest about using the toilet, but I find that women, especially those who don't know us very well, seem to like some privacy for using the toilet.

Sid70
06-03-18, 12:57
What appears to be the bathroom area raises some questions. Is the spray on a flexible metal hose next to the bathtub the only shower facility offered? How about the toilet? It's not shown, and there doesn't appear to be a door between the bed and the other bathroom facilities. Is there any privacy separation between the toilet and the bed? I am not particularly modest about using the toilet, but I find that women, especially those who don't know us very well, seem to like some privacy for using the toilet.The spray is on a flexible hose next to the tub. There is also a separate CR with a shower next to the bathtub. The shower is behind a glass door and you can separate the CR with a door. Everybody can and will have privacy.

Bushes
06-04-18, 16:30
Plenty of action nearby. Try the Makati and Manila forum.

Can anyone provide info in regards to the near availability to lurk near the Conrad Hotel in Manila. In town for a short stay and looking for where to find action when I can get away from the group.

Amore1973
07-28-18, 20:44
Couldn't find anything on this hotel. Anyone stayed there or knows about whether it is guest friendly.

Many thanks.

Red Kilt
07-29-18, 03:46
Couldn't find anything on this hotel. Anyone stayed there or knows about whether it is guest friendly.

Many thanks.If you book a double room there can never be any drama in any hotel. Same goes for EDSA Shang.

I live in Ortigas Center not far from the hotel. You have a high-end Shangri-la Mall virtually attached to the hotel, and the huge SM Megamall around 5 minutes stroll away. The new Podium and Robinson's Galleria are also within easy walking distance.

Not much mongering in Ortigas these days unless you are young and have "game" as well as strike it lucky. You will need to either go to Cubao or Makati to source bars or import using social media and chat sites.

BrainDrain
07-29-18, 23:19
Not much mongering in Ortigas these days unless you are young and have "game" as well as strike it lucky. You will need to either go to Cubao or Makati to source bars or import using social media and chat sites.Hi RK,

I'll be staying in Ortigas for a Wednesday night (in a couple of weeks time.) arriving 8 pm-ish. From my experience last time I stayed there I did have to import the girls from outside the area. There were a few girls available on wechat but it was slow and a bit of time wasting. It's the first time I will be thinking that it is actually too hard to get a girl that night.

Wicked Roger
07-30-18, 02:19

Many thanks.Yes can you PM me please as easier to share.

GoodEnough
07-30-18, 09:20

Many thanks.I've stayed there and it is.

GE.

Bushes
07-30-18, 13:36
Years ago, I was cautioned about staying there by a well meaning friend who was worried about all the riffraff and going ONS in and around there. So, it is not mandatory to have a girl stay with you at the hotel.

Edsa Shangrila. Couldn't find anything on this hotel. Anyone stayed there or knows about whether it is guest friendly.

Many thanks.

El Ted
08-03-18, 01:24
If your tendencies run towards freelancers I can recommend this hotel. A couple of minutes walking from LA Cafe and with loads of other places nearby. Decent sized rooms, aircon, fast wifi, large shower with warm water, free breakfast, clean and cheap.

On The Road
08-07-18, 00:34
I stayed one night to see how the hotel was. Decent size room. Amazingly quiet AirCon that cools the room. Good location and price.

Drawback for me is no coffee shop in or near the hotel. Big drawback for me.

Took the night off and didn't bring any girls back to the room. However at checkin I asked it bringing 2 girls back was ok. The answer was any girls will need an ID. Period. No waivers for no ID. On way they allow a girl without ID is if you put her name down when you check in.I get a girl in hop Inn Makati without any ID. We just walked in, noone asked anything.

BTW for an old red planet enthusiast I found hop Inn really better. Room is very big compared to rp, good amenities and half price.

Member #4644
08-20-18, 01:05
Choosing between the pen and raffles.

Which one is more girl friendly?

Is raffles worth roughly 100 $ more per night?

Wicked Roger
08-20-18, 07:55

Is raffles worth roughly 100 $ more per night?Did you RTFF as there is plenty on the options and GFE all through the threads. AS you last FR was 2016 asking about hotels in Thailand am sure you are busy and can't RTFF and write FRs?

Or send a PM to Pompetus as he knows a lot of this. You have a PM yes?

SaltyPete
08-20-18, 14:33

Is raffles worth roughly 100 $ more per night?I never stayed in Raffles. I enjoyed the Peninsula and didn't have any problems with girls but Raffles has a better location for getting around. I thought the Peninsula was a great price for what it offered. Nice bar by the pool.

Dg8787
08-20-18, 15:03
I get a girl in hop Inn Makati without any ID. We just walked in, noone asked anything.

BTW for an old red planet enthusiast I found hop Inn really better. Room is very big compared to rp, good amenities and half price.Hop Inn rooms are bigger but I love the RP showers. Therefore I stay at RP.

Dg8787
08-20-18, 15:06

Is raffles worth roughly 100 $ more per night?Depends on how much you value $100?

$100 compared to what? $100 = LT. I like LT.

GoodEnough
08-21-18, 01:41
Depends on how much you value $100?

$100 compared to what? $100 = LT. I like LT.Raffles is the most upscale place I've ever stayed in the Philippines. The room furnishings / accoutrements are beautiful; the floor butlers pretty much attend to most requests instantly and the privacy is absolute. That said, I don't think the price difference between Raffles and the Fairmont (same location / attached buildings) is worth it. I've never stayed in the Pen so can't comment on the specific difference about which you asked.

GE.

Osaka
08-22-18, 02:40
Dear all,

Will be back in Manila for a quick trip of 2 nights to see a friend who is staying with family in Ascott Makati. Any suggestions as to hotel for Girl Friendly angle, as I want to bring back some one for the night.

Stayed close to La Cafe last time. Looking to get someone from there again.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Osaka.

Kabul Guy
08-23-18, 01:07
I get a girl in hop Inn Makati without any ID. We just walked in, noone asked anything.

....Personally with a P4 P girl I feel better if they ask for ID and check with you when they leave. Nice ti know that the desk has your back.

Dg8787
08-23-18, 01:23
Dear all,

Will be back in Manila for a quick trip of 2 nights to see a friend who is staying with family in Ascott Makati. Any suggestions as to hotel for Girl Friendly angle, as I want to bring back some one for the night.

Osaka.I wouldn't stay at the friends hotel. All hotels are girl friendly. Book your room for 2 people. Always walk into the hotel like the girl is a long time friend and no one will notice.

You are staying at an upscale hotel, so learn to discreetly "palm" your tip and shake hands with the doorman / security person, if you haven't yet. Best to palm / hand shake tip anywhere.

Good luck.

LongLunches
08-23-18, 04:59
Dear all,

Osaka.Stay in Makati near your friend (but not same hotel) and try Havana or Burgos or wechat FL. Hotels are New World / Peninsular or even Holiday Inn. Jinjang Inn slightly cheaper and not so nice.

KenDavis03
08-23-18, 06:11
I wouldn't stay at the friends hotel. All hotels are girl friendly. Book your room for 2 people. Always walk into the hotel like the girl is a long time friend and no one will notice.

You are staying at an upscale hotel, so learn to discreetly "palm" your tip and shake hands with the doorman / security person, if you haven't yet. Best to palm / hand shake tip anywhere.

Good luck.That is great advice. When I get to a hotel where I plan to be taking girls back, I always try to tip the doormen the first night I'm there, and make it a good tip. They are always very attentive and flexible.

Socker
09-09-18, 21:13
Hey gents,

I thought I would ask about the Heritage Hotel in Edsa. I'm looking to break my routine of staying near Burgos (when in Manila) and want to try / work the Edsa Entertainment Complex. I've read in the past certain hotels in this area are very close to the complex and so those would be of interest to me. I'm also looking to explore the area by foot and wondering how safe it is around there. Any hotel suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also how close are these hotels to LA Cafe or any other FL scenes. Thanks.

Jignu80
09-12-18, 14:35
Hi friends,

can you suggest which is better, Shangri LA or the peninsula in terms of girl friendly nearby access to shopping and Inhouse massage.

Also suggest for night life where I can go, I would love to try both local and foreign.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Wicked Roger
09-13-18, 05:09
Hi friends,

can you suggest which is better, Shangri LA or the peninsula in terms of girl friendly nearby access to shopping and Inhouse massage.

Also suggest for night life where I can go, I would love to try both local and foreign.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.Depend which Shangri La but then if you had RTFF you would know that.

This forum is one of the best for information and a 10 minutes look would easily tell you all you need to know.

Hogosha
09-27-18, 22:18
Hi fellas,

I searched this hotel but came up empty. Girl friendly or no?

X Man
09-28-18, 11:45
No. Don't take a gal here. You'll regret it.

Hi fellas,

I searched this hotel but came up empty. Girl friendly or no?

WestCoast1
09-28-18, 12:48
Del Pilar Street, Malate. P2200/ night from Booking.com for advanced, less-expensive, no-back reservation.

Pro's: Clean lobby and room. Relatively new place (1 year maybe). Nice folk at the front desk. 7-11 next door. Basic no-frills place. Bed was firm. 6 blocks walking distance to Robinson's (Pedro Gil / Adriatico).

Con's: Tiny room. Shower hot-water heater broken. Circuit-breaker continually snapped off. I checked in near midnight and needed a shower after long day of flying. No such luck, the shower water was not lukewarm without the heater, it was downright frigid. Went to front desk to request repair. An hour later the engineer showed up and snapped the circuit breaker on and it seemed fine. He left and then it snapped off and would not stay on. He came back and he couldn't get the circuit breaker to stay on. "I fix tomorrow sir". I asked for a different room with a shower that worked. "Sorry sir, fully booked tonight. Ask tomorrow in checkout time, noon maybe". Also the shower-head on the wall was loose, and no matter where I pointed it (at my chest usually), if fell and sprayed at my feet, or the wall to my left (randomly moving from water pressure). "Also tomorrow sir we will fix that". So, no shower that night or the next morning. When I asked to move rooms again at 11 am, they were fully booked the next 2 days. The good news: The engineer replaced the hot-water heater and fixed the wandering shower head around 4 pm (it took him all of 5 minutes to complete the entire thing); a long time to not have a shower. There was no soap at the CR sink. I asked at the front desk for a bar of soap: "We don't' have sir. I will send engineer to show you how". Huh? The engineer came up and showed me how to get soap at the bathroom sink: he stepped into the shower and got a handful of the liquid shower soap / shampoo from the dispenser, stepped back out to the sink, and washed his hands. "Like that sir". Oh! Silly me! "Also sir you can buy bar soap in 7-11". Gotcha! Internet came / went, and was never fast enough to stream (OK for browsing when it was up / running). Good / bad location, nearest cross-street is Remedios street. Very gritty, but just around the corner on Remedios is Padi's Point and Cowboy Grill, 2 good live band joints.

Too many better Hi-rise condo's in the area for less $. My condo unit was not available for several more days and I thought any hotel in the area would do. Can't imagine coming back to Hop. For about the same price, try Eurotel, room slightly bigger, everything is standardized and tried / true, there is a free breakfast, and its across the street from Robinson's (my mistake for forgetting about this place).

Dg8787
09-28-18, 16:26
WC1,

My 2 main requirements are non-smoking hotel and have to have a great powerful warm water shower along with a clean room.

Si6798
09-28-18, 18:16
Great place and friendly staff.

Girl friendly too.

Hi fellas,

I searched this hotel but came up empty. Girl friendly or no?.

Cbea20
10-01-18, 11:54
Victoria Court Cuneta.

https://ph.hotels.com/ho400288/victoria-court-cuneta-pasay-philippines/

Hey gents,

I thought I would ask about the Heritage Hotel in Edsa. I'm looking to break my routine of staying near Burgos (when in Manila) and want to try / work the Edsa Entertainment Complex. I've read in the past certain hotels in this area are very close to the complex and so those would be of interest to me. I'm also looking to explore the area by foot and wondering how safe it is around there. Any hotel suggestions would be much appreciated.

Also how close are these hotels to LA Cafe or any other FL scenes. Thanks.

Blak Casper
10-01-18, 22:27
I'm going to Manila in two weeks, when I check in by myself how easy is it to bring someone up to my room from say the bar or lounge area downstairs?

BrainDrain
10-02-18, 01:41
Victoria Court Cuneta.

https://ph.hotels.com/ho400288/victoria-court-cuneta-pasay-philippines/Have stayed here a few times. Recommend and it's on my list of places to stay before I fly out. IE checkout of my regular hotel then stay here before catching late night flights out of NAIA.

Member #4644
10-03-18, 01:11
Does anybody know if Hotel Jen is GF?

Wicked Roger
10-03-18, 01:33
Does anybody know if Hotel Jen is GF?To quote the poster in Subic thread when the same asked about a hotel 'are you serious in asking this question'.

You have 4 FRs 2 in 2016 asking about hotels and in August you asked about the Fairmont and Peninsula. Which was better and got replies saying RTFF as the answer to the question on GF etc is there. So easy really. Asking if hotels in Manila are GF is like asking if car needs an engine.

And where is the trip report from AC as you were going there also?

BrainDrain
10-03-18, 21:26
One thing I enjoyed about the Hotel Jen is the downstairs cafe at the front of the hotel. It was a convenient place to meet the invited girls for an interview before whisking them upstairs.

Wicked Roger
10-04-18, 05:06
One thing I enjoyed about the Hotel Jen is the downstairs cafe at the front of the hotel. It was a convenient place to meet the invited girls for an interview before whisking them upstairs.Same with the hotels I use in Manila. Just in case you have not spotted the LB via cam and call and pictures. This way you can avoid issues.

I do the same globally always a useful tip.

SBTiger
10-11-18, 08:51
Guys.

Planning to visit Manila end of month for a few days, assuming Manila is the 'right' city and not Angels (What areas and hotel (s) can be recommended. General girl friendly, decent and convenient. Mongering, bars; airport commute, etc.

Thanks much,

Sam.

Dg8787
10-11-18, 15:46
Guys.

Planning to visit Manila end of month for a few days, assuming Manila is the 'right' city and not Angels (What areas and hotel (s) can be recommended. General girl friendly, decent and convenient. Mongering, bars; airport commute, etc.

Thanks much,

Sam.Sogo Hotel on Edsa Blvd would fit your requirements.

Red Kilt
10-11-18, 21:21
Sogo Hotel on Edsa Blvd would fit your requirements.There's around 6 of them right on EDSA at various points on the length Dg. Two in Pasay; one at Rotunda at Taft; one at Guadalupe; Araneta in Cubao and another at North EDSA not withstanding those that are situated close to EDSA.

However, the OP does what most posters do when they ask about hotels: he doesn't suggest whether he wants 2, 3, 4 or 5-star quality. What is decent for some is not for others? Convenient to everything? FWIW, I rate SOGO hotels as somewhere around 1 to 2-star quality (depending on the age). Some (like the Guadalupe one), stink of mold and mildew.

Advice to guys seeking advice about hotels. List everything that you require in a hotel and we can help. The more info you provide then the easier it is to assist you.

Dg8787
10-11-18, 21:35
There's around 6 of them right on EDSA at various points on the length Dg. Two in Pasay; one at Rotunda at Taft; one at Guadalupe; Araneta in Cubao and another at North EDSA not withstanding those that are situated close to EDSA.

However, the OP does what most posters do when they ask about hotels: he doesn't suggest whether he wants 2, 3, 4 or 5-star quality. What is decent for some is not for others? Convenient to everything? FWIW, I rate SOGO hotels as somewhere around 1 to 2-star quality (depending on the age). Some (like the Guadalupe one), stink of mold and mildew.

Advice to guys seeking advice about hotels. List everything that you require in a hotel and we can help. The more info you provide then the easier it is to assist you.My mistake. The Pasay ones would fit his needs. OP can give his feedback\report once he is there.

Plenty of “right” info for his needs if he reads the reports.

GIGO.

Kabul Guy
10-12-18, 01:44
..... I rate SOGO hotels as somewhere around 1 to 2-star quality (depending on the age). Some (like the Guadalupe one), stink of mold and mildew.
....A hotel's star rating is not only the quality of the hotel but also measure of the amenities and service that it offers. (At least by most rating systems, there are several out there but generally close in comparison.).

For the Philippines they use the Department of Tourism (DOT) Star Grading System For Hotels, Resorts and Apartment Hotels.

★ Has limited facilities and services. Appeals to "budget minded" tourists.

★ ★ Appeals to tourists looking for more than basic accommodation. Has expanded facilities and "higher level" of comfort.

★ ★ ★ Accommodation is deemed "very good". More spacious public areas and higher quality facilities and a greater variety of services.

★ ★ ★ ★ Up-scale in all areas" and accommodation is "refined and stylish". Service is deemed responsive, and has an extensive array of facilities.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ Reflects characteristics of "luxury and sophistication". Facilities are deemed "world class in every manner" and services are deemed meticulous and "exceeding all guests' expectations.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_rating.

The link on the wiki page to the actual rating manual is broken but you can view it here.

http://accreditationonline.tourism.gov.ph/Downloadables/Standards/Standards_Hotel.pdf

Red Kilt
10-12-18, 23:42
A hotel's star rating is not only the quality of the hotel but also measure of the amenities and service that it offers. (At least by most rating systems, there are several out there but generally close in comparison.).

For the Philippines they use the Department of Tourism (DOT) Star Grading System For Hotels, Resorts and Apartment Hotels.
Doesn't change my opinion KG, but probably reinforces it. By this rating system then SOGO's are 1-star.

SBTiger
10-13-18, 00:31
My mistake. The Pasay ones would fit his needs. OP can give his feedback\report once he is there.

Plenty of right info for his needs if he reads the reports.

GIGO.Guys, thanks all for thoughtful replies, Yes star ratings are very important for a Hotel, don't know the star ratings in Manila (they hugely vary in the world) - I would say 3* or better. (I can see KabulGuy published the * ratings for Philippines)
What price range is one looking at for these. Don't like to waste money but would pay little bit extra for convenience and avoiding any headaches. (Going on holiday to have fun and spend money, not save money).

Is EDSA the metro station in Makati (that is what Google came up with). Nonetheless one is looking at the Makati area? If metro is the best way to commute in Manila - close to metro would be good.

Thanks again,

Sam.

Wicked Roger
10-13-18, 01:27
Doesn't change my opinion KG, but probably reinforces it. By this rating system then SOGO's are 1-star.Simple rule for me is would I want to spend 2 weeks vacation in that hotel. For a Sogo never! I have not been to as many Sogos as RK (he is the oracle on that in Manila) but these are purely short time places for the deed only not to stay and relax and sleep etc.

Chocha Monger
10-13-18, 07:13
Same with the hotels I use in Manila. Just in case you have not spotted the LB via cam and call and pictures. This way you can avoid issues.

I do the same globally always a useful tip.Better to spot the hidden todger and hear the squeaky voice downstairs rather than upstairs while getting a BBBJ, as it is hard to reason with a tiger when your little head is in its mouth. LOL!

Chocha Monger
10-13-18, 07:16
So clean. So good, SOGO! This two-star hot-sheet hotel chain provides all of the amenities that a monger needs, I. E. Anonymity, rubber mattresses, and unlimited porn. SOGO provides the long-stay monger with the opportunity to see all of the cuties entering Slam Town with their clients. He can then judge customer satisfaction when she leaves based on the smile or frown on her client's face. The monger can then decide whether he would be interested in soliciting her services. SOGO is perfect for the recycler monger, who likes to lurk in hotel lobbies hoping to ambush hookers on the way out from servicing other mongers thus avoiding bar fine or any kind of effort expended in searching for freelancers.

SaltyPete
10-13-18, 14:05
Guys, thanks all for thoughtful replies, Yes star ratings are very important for a Hotel, don't know the star ratings in Manila (they hugely vary in the world) - I would say 3* or better. (I can see KabulGuy published the * ratings for Philippines)
What price range is one looking at for these. Don't like to waste money but would pay little bit extra for convenience and avoiding any headaches. (Going on holiday to have fun and spend money, not save money).

Is EDSA the metro station in Makati (that is what Google came up with). Nonetheless one is looking at the Makati area? If metro is the best way to commute in Manila - close to metro would be good.

Thanks again,

Sam.You'll probably want to avoid the Metro system; I'd say it is the worst way to commute in Manila, unless you like being in a cattle car with men pressed up against you. Taxi / Grab (which is a ride service like Uber, via an app) is the way to go. But traffic in Manila sucks; from EDSA Entertainment Complex to Burgos St in Makati can take between 20 minutes to almost 2 hours. You may want to consider picking a hotel in Makati to explore Burgos Street, and then moving to a hotel in Pasay to explore EDSA / LA Cafe. It isn't like Bangkok, where the entertainment district is consolidated to one area.

GoodEnough
10-13-18, 16:41
You'll probably want to avoid the Metro system; I'd say it is the worst way to commute in Manila, unless you like being in a cattle car with men pressed up against you. Taxi / Grab (which is a ride service like Uber, via an app) is the way to go. But traffic in Manila sucks; from EDSA Entertainment Complex to Burgos St in Makati can take between 20 minutes to almost 2 hours. You may want to consider picking a hotel in Makati to explore Burgos Street, and then moving to a hotel in Pasay to explore EDSA / LA Cafe. It isn't like Bangkok, where the entertainment district is consolidated to one area.Excellent advice. You do not want to spend precious time stuck in endless traffic. I'the suggest booking a hotel like Best Western on Burgos (about 3 star), quite affordable, and within 100 meters of most of the Burgos action. If you want to try EDSA entertainment, book a room at the Heritage or one of the other hotels nearby. Can't help with Malate / Ermita (LA Cafe territory) but the board is full of information about hotels in this part of the city.

GE.

Wicked Roger
10-13-18, 20:45
Excellent advice. You do not want to spend precious time stuck in endless traffic. I'the suggest booking a hotel like Best Western on Burgos (about 3 star), quite affordable, and within 100 meters of most of the Burgos action.
GE.The Best Western is the old Oxford Suite and that was always musty and damp IMHO.

Try the St Giles or Red Planet. Those OK but maybe price will decide.

You also have Garden City and a few others (eg Durban) but I would usually stay St Giles or Red Planet of a quick flying visit and wanted be next to Burgos.

SBTiger
10-14-18, 06:39
You'll probably want to avoid the Metro system; I'd say it is the worst way to commute in Manila, unless you like being in a cattle car with men pressed up against you. Taxi / Grab (which is a ride service like Uber, via an app) is the way to go. But traffic in Manila sucks; from EDSA Entertainment Complex to Burgos St in Makati can take between 20 minutes to almost 2 hours. You may want to consider picking a hotel in Makati to explore Burgos Street, and then moving to a hotel in Pasay to explore EDSA / LA Cafe. It isn't like Bangkok, where the entertainment district is consolidated to one area.

So you are suggesting 2 separate hotel locations (Pasay and Makati) for the 2 target areas. Ok so be it. Will try dig up some names.

I have no idea about local transportation in Manila. Generally have heard road traffic is terrible (as you also mention), that is why I thought of metro.

How do you come from airport, Taxis or some public transport?

Thanks.

Mogwai
10-14-18, 08:50
How do you come from airport, Taxis or some public transport?

Planning to visit Manila end of month for a few days, assuming Manila is the 'right' city and not Angels (What areas and hotel (s) can be recommended. General girl friendly, decent and convenient. Mongering, bars; airport commute, etc.How about RTFF? The answers to all of your questions are in the forum.

By the way: looking at your recent posts it seems that you are planning your first trip to Hong Kong, Manila, Medellin and Mexico City, and all of them at the end of this month. Oh really?

Mua Tur
10-14-18, 12:12
......How do you come from airport, Taxis or some public transport? Thanks.The question is in which terminal you are arriving.

Taxi is usual transport for any airport, just find the Que and fetch your taxi. If it is NAIA3, I used to going up at departure level (E. G. Subornabum too) and fetch one incoming taxi dropping the departing passengers. Every terminal have Airport shuttle buses for some fixed destinations, just you have to know where you are dropping by. From NAIA3 there have 20 peso shuttle bus ride with fixed destination I. E. Taft Ave MRT. If you planning for AC, than it will be right one for you because this shuttle bus will drop you just on the door of Genesis bus for Baguio. Fetch one and drop at Dau. Although there have direct bus fro AC from airport too even still I did not used yet. If you plan to fetch a taxi from Taft Ave. MRT than it will be a pain on ass because are there several touts and annoying. If you well educated about Manila Metro Rail, there have Taft Ave MRT and Edsa LRT two stations for your start.

For further information:

https://says.com/ph/news/here-s-3-new-transportation-options-in-naia-for-your-convenience

Happy hunting.

KandiTime
10-24-18, 05:08
I'm thinking of staying at the "I'm Hotel" - https://imhotel.com/ but I'm not sure if it is girl friendly. Does anybody know if it is, or stayed there and had any experience bringing back a WL for the night?

Thanks.

Dg8787
10-25-18, 02:47
I'm thinking of staying at the "I'm Hotel" - https://imhotel.com/ but I'm not sure if it is girl friendly. Does anybody know if it is, or stayed there and had any experience bringing back a WL for the night?

Thanks.Try calling and asking the hotel what is their GF policy.

Dg8787
10-25-18, 04:47
Try calling and asking the hotel what is their GF policy.Sorry, I should have added a script for the newbies.

Dear hotel,

I will be visiting (city) on blank to blank dates. I am considering a stay at your hotel, however I do have a few questions regarding your policies on guests.

I have family members who will from time to time come to visit me. Sometimes 2-3 nieces might travel together to visit me. Of course these are my sisters daughters or granddaughters and will have different surnames.

Please tell me your hotel policies on this and whether they will need to bring their ID's or not?

Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Joe Monger.

Goferring
10-25-18, 05:50
Sorry, I should have added a script for the newbies.

Dear hotel,

I will be visiting (city) on blank to blank dates. I am considering a stay at your hotel, however I do have a few questions regarding your policies on guests.

I have family members who will from time to time come to visit me. Sometimes 2-3 nieces might travel together to visit me. Of course these are my sisters daughters or granddaughters and will have different surnames.

Please tell me your hotel policies on this and whether they will need to bring their ID's or not?

Thanks in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Joe Monger.You do realise that someone sent this exact letter to most of the Hotels in Sabang. 😁.

I'm not joking. He complained in the "Other Areas" thread (I think) that no one replied. 🤤.

Dg8787
10-25-18, 05:55
You do realise that someone sent this exact letter to most of the Hotels in Sabang. 😁.

I'm not joking. He complained in the "Other Areas" thread (I think) that no one replied. 🤤.I did not know that. Newbies should post their results using this letter.

Goferring
10-25-18, 06:49
Given the recent questions, are there ANY hotels in PI that are truly non girl friendly?

I can understand if a monger is embarrassed to sign in a guest but that is hardly the establishment refusing entry.

Some Sharia hotels in Indonesia will refuse entry to unmarried couples. Is there anyone here who knows of a hotel refusing entry to a guest or partner?

Kabul Guy
10-25-18, 08:27
Given the recent questions, are there ANY hotels in PI that are truly non girl friendly?
.....When I first came here after spending time in Dubai where hotels are actually girl unfriendly to the point of hostility, I asked at the check in at my first two or three hotels.

I got looks of WTF? From the hotel staff, they could not even understand why anyone would ask such a question at a hotel. Some have different security policies, that is worth asking about. For P4 P girls I like it when they call ahead and ask if I'm expecting guests and when they leave if it is OK to return their ID but never have I had any issues with girls coming to the hotel room.

I did however see an ad for a place near Burgos, cannot find it now, that categorically stated only registered guests allowed in the rooms. I would think that any non girl friendly hotel would state it clearly.

Lots of sites dedicated to listing friendly hotels in various places.

https://guestfriendlyhotels.asia/guest-friendly-hotels-manila/

For example suggests that the Manila Hotel is not friendly.

Sammon
10-25-18, 11:48

I can understand if a monger is embarrassed to sign in a guest but that is hardly the establishment refusing entry.

Some Sharia hotels in Indonesia will refuse entry to unmarried couples. Is there anyone here who knows of a hotel refusing entry to a guest or partner?Always stay in casino hotels because they are girl friendly. Ofcourse there will be a security at the elevators checking who goes in and out but they do not ask. Since your room key is required to get up to the particular floor they do not care. I never had any issues with taking girls at high end or low end hotels in Manila over many years.

WestCoast1
10-25-18, 13:58
Given the recent questions, are there ANY hotels in PI that are truly non girl friendly?Few years ago I wrote a report about Bayview Park Hotel, located on Roxas Blvd in Malate, just across the street from the US Embassy. Nice place overall. However they had at the time (and going back several years) a strong no-loose-girl policy going on. Every girl had to be registered at the front desk (eye dee collected also). In the room on the desk was a fact-sheet that warned about not giving small kids loose coins, watch out for pick-pockets in the area, and don't bring prosti's into the establishment. The front desk were real sticklers for forcing you to sign in and register each guest that you waltzed into the place (in addition to taking the eye dee, it takes my precious time when I'm looking forward to getting her panties off). Their policies might have changed since then.

However, that makes a total of ONE non-girl-friendly hotel I've been in all of Phils. Otherwise, I often can keep the door guards and front desk staff entertained (or grossed out) and their heads on a swivel with the quantity of girls I waltz in and out most days.

The other question we get on occasion from newbs is: Will the hotel charge more for bringing in extra guests? Usually not, and then only if you keep multiple girls overnight. However if you waltz one girl in during the afternoon and waltz her out in the early evening, then you bring in a different girl later and keep her for the night, you won't get charged extra. They are not charging by the girl or person if she does not stay overnight.

Also sometimes I see a sign in the hotel that says NO UNREGISTERED GUESTS AFTER 10 PM, or such. Never had a hotel try and enforce that.

For those not familiar with latin-america (ie, Mexico esp), the hotels will often $-ding you for each guest you bring in. Phils is just the opposite.

Mahku
10-25-18, 20:32
Given the recent questions, are there ANY hotels in PI that are truly non girl friendly?Bethel Guest House in Dumaguete. Run by a religious group that is quite hostile to our noble pursuits. In fact you will probably be struck by lightning if you even think about it.

Goferring
10-25-18, 20:47
Bethel Guest House in Dumaguete. Run by a religious group that is quite hostile to our noble pursuits. In fact you will probably be struck by lightning if you even think about it.Strange as, where I'm from, many church groups and support agencies have been keen participants in sins of the flesh. 🙄.

Kabul Guy
10-25-18, 23:27
Strange as, where I'm from, many church groups and support agencies have been keen participants in sins of the flesh. 🙄.Do you work for OXFAM?

Goferring
10-26-18, 00:38
Do you work for OXFAM?No but where do I send my resume? 😁.

Sammon
10-26-18, 02:50
Few years ago I wrote a report about Bayview Park Hotel, located on Roxas Blvd in Malate, just across the street from the US Embassy. Nice place overall. However they had at the time (and going back several years) a strong no-loose-girl policy going on. Every girl had to be registered at the front desk (eye dee collected also). In the room on the desk was a fact-sheet that warned about not giving small kids loose coins, watch out for pick-pockets in the area, and don't bring prosti's into the establishment. The front desk were real sticklers for forcing you to sign in and register each guest that you waltzed into the place (in addition to taking the eye dee, it takes my precious time when I'm looking forward to getting her panties off). Their policies might have changed since then.

However, that makes a total of ONE non-girl-friendly hotel I've been in all of Phils .Bay view Park was my go to hotel for a long number of years. The price was good through Asiatravel. They had fairly decent breakfast. Over the years they re modeled the rooms. All had bathtub and central air conditioning. When I check in alone they used to ask the name of person joining me. Then they would give me two breakfast coupons for each day. I used to give some random name. They were very strict at night time only. Security will hold the I. The and escort to the front desk. The girl there would check and would not say anything since I booked for two people. To get two girls in I would bring them in before 6 pm. Daytime any girl or girls can come in with no problem because they had lots of meetings, recruitment interviews etc. You could see lots of mixed couples at breakfast. I guess as long as you book for two people (same price) it is ok. Whichever girl I brought in never got turned away. Some they would keep I. The and some not. I guess it depends on the security on duty.

On the other hand Best western close by does not care when and how many you bring in. Only caveat is you need come to the lobby and escort the girls to your room. This hotel also gives free good breakfast for two. Nowadays I stay at higher class of hotels and had no issues bringing in girls.

Kabul Guy
10-26-18, 04:01
No but where do I send my resume? 😁.https://www.oxfam.org/en/work-oxfam

WestCoast1
10-26-18, 04:07
They were very strict at night time only. Security will hold the I. The and escort to the front desk. The girl there would check and would not say anything since I booked for two people. To get two girls in I would bring them in before 6 pm.I stopped staying there for these reasons (the large buffet breakfast really IS good). Pretty much every other hotel in Manila is like the Best Western (La Corona?) that Sammon mentioned.

Red Kilt
10-26-18, 09:00
Bethel Guest House in Dumaguete. Run by a religious group that is quite hostile to our noble pursuits. In fact you will probably be struck by lightning if you even think about it.I agree with Mahku.

I stayed there in 1999 soon after it opened and I recall being woken up one morning with beautiful hymn singing.

Rather than finding that I had died and gone to heaven, I learned that it was the house-keeping crew having their prayer session prior to starting work for the day.

No alcohol allowed.

Definitely no girls unless you bring a notaried marriage certificate.

Be warned. It is not GF.

Ekspat
10-26-18, 10:10

Thanks.Since it is next to P. Burgos I'm pretty sure it is girlfriendly. And while walking by there I've seen several girls going in and out, who didn't look exactly like the usual wife.

Mua Tur
10-26-18, 10:46
Some how I feel interest to jump in the topics. Still I need to know how we can define to be called the hotel is "Girl Friendly". Let's sort the options.

The "Girl Friendly" hotel is:

Option 1: Girls are never been asked, never been questioned, totally over looked if she walk in or stay with the guest in the room.

Option 2: The guest have to pay additional charge if he bring a girl to stay with him if he booked a single room.

Option 3: The guest may asked about the companion if he is alone but booked a double room. And the girl may asked, reviewed or kept her ID by the authority but definitely allowed to stay with the guest in the room. The ID would be returned back once she leave.

Option 4: Only those couples are allowed to stay in their double room if they can provide duly notarized marriage documents.

What options can be added more!

X Man
10-27-18, 23:44
I stayed there with a girlfriend recently. We were obviously traveling together and we checked in together. We were not questioned about marriage and there was no request for a marriage cert.

SNIP
Definitely no girls unless you bring a notaried marriage certificate.

Be warned. It is not GF.

Arunox
10-29-18, 13:09
Hi,

Can anyone state whether the "Jinjiang inn" at Saint Miguel avenue is girl friendly or not? Do they allow girls to get in without getting registered? Its a great help if you could tell.

Cheers,

Thank you.

Red Kilt
10-29-18, 18:51
Hi,

Can anyone state whether the "Jinjiang inn" at Saint Miguel avenue is girl friendly or not? Do they allow girls to get in without getting registered? Its a great help if you could tell.
Can't imagine why you would want to stay there. Did you pick it off a list? It's very basic (I'd say 2 star)

It must be a cheap price for you when you have Richmonde Hotel and Linden Suites within a short walking distance either side. They are much better and definitely GF.

Jinjiang is a hotel converted from a former hospital and it's a hotel for cheap charlie businessmen. It would be GF because of this.

Chocha Monger
10-29-18, 22:36
Some how I feel interest to jump in the topics. Still I need to know how we can define to be called the hotel is "Girl Friendly". Let's sort the options.

The "Girl Friendly" hotel is:

Option 1: Girls are never been asked, never been questioned, totally over looked if she walk in or stay with the guest in the room.

Option 2: The guest have to pay additional charge if he bring a girl to stay with him if he booked a single room.

Option 3: The guest may asked about the companion if he is alone but booked a double room. And the girl may asked, reviewed or kept her ID by the authority but definitely allowed to stay with the guest in the room. The ID would be returned back once she leave.

Option 4: Only those couples are allowed to stay in their double room if they can provide duly notarized marriage documents.

What options can be added more!Are Muslim guests required to provide a duly notarized marriage certificate for each of their five wives? That does not seem like a fair policy, as it discriminates in favor of the monogamous cults.

Mua Tur
10-30-18, 07:02
Are Muslim guests required to provide a duly notarized marriage certificate for each of their five wives? Might be it need a correction. Five or Four?

Arunox
10-30-18, 11:40
Can't imagine why you would want to stay there. Did you pick it off a list? It's very basic (I'd say 2 star)

It must be a cheap price for you when you have Richmonde Hotel and Linden Suites within a short walking distance either side. They are much better and definitely GF.

Jinjiang is a hotel converted from a former hospital and it's a hotel for cheap charlie businessmen. It would be GF because of this.Thanks mate. Actually it was booked by an organization for me, where they bear accommodation fee. BTW.

1. Are you sure its GF?

2. Is it so open with minimum privacy?

Because I don't want my other peers to see me taking a hooker to my room.

Thanks.

Red Kilt
10-30-18, 19:45
Thanks mate. Actually it was booked by an organization for me, where they bear accommodation fee. BTW.

1. Are you sure its GF?

It's small. Unlikely you could get a girl into your room without everybody seeing you pass by. It's not like one of the big chain hotels where you can enter through side doors etc.

I suggest that you need to use a short-time hotel if you wish to monger and not be seen by workmates.

Chocha Monger
10-30-18, 23:40
Thanks mate. Actually it was booked by an organization for me, where they bear accommodation fee. BTW.

1. Are you sure its GF?

Thanks.Unless you are a missionary or an NGO worker, I cannot imagine how fucking alley cats in your room is any of your peers business. They are likely to be too busy fucking their own hookers to worry about the ones you are fucking. You should only worry about it if you are fucking ugly or fat hookers. If you are fucking 8's and 9's, your peers will admire you. The worst that can happen is that your peers want to fuck your hooker and start asking, "Who is she?

Kabul Guy
10-31-18, 04:05
Unless you are a missionary or an NGO worker, I cannot imagine how fucking alley cats in your room is any of your peers business. .....

There are lots of businesses where your outside of business hours behaviors can be a major factor in how successful you can be in the company. I agree that it should be none of their business but lots of people like to expand what they can make their business.

Also there is the embarrassment factor. Lots of guys worry about a "walk of shame" through the lobby in front of strangers. Why is it unusual that some might not want to do the WoS in front of work colleagues? Colleagues might also know some punter's SO's in real life.

Dg8787
10-31-18, 04:16
Unless you are a missionary or an NGO worker, I cannot imagine how fucking alley cats in your room is any of your peers business. They are likely to be too busy fucking their own hookers to worry about the ones you are fucking. You should only worry about it if you are fucking ugly or fat hookers. If you are fucking 8's and 9's, your peers will admire you. The worst that can happen is that your peers want to fuck your hooker and start asking, "Who is she?CM may not understand it. But for those of us living and working in the real world understand using discretion.

Goferring
10-31-18, 06:00
There are lots of businesses where your outside of business hours behaviors can be a major factor in how successful you can be in the company. I agree that it should be none of their business but lots of people like to expand what they can make their business.Too true. I'm struggling to recall times where an employee's reputation as a loud and proud monger has advanced his career especially in the longer term. Sure it may help him be "one of the boys" to a select group for a while but thst never lasts long When senior management change they inevitably fade away.

I've actually had a couple of roles where a main task was to restore a department's professional image. A part of this was the outward image of employees and their after hours activities.

Hypocritical? I don't think so as self awareness and self control are key business skills. It's the same as employing someone who enjoys a social drink vs someone who is drunk and abusive every night.

Cheers, G.

Red Kilt
10-31-18, 06:12
Unless you are a missionary or an NGO worker, I cannot imagine how fucking alley cats in your room is any of your peers business. I know you are being provocative CM but if we all thought that we could disregard judgements by others then we would be using our own legal names when we post on this site. Last time I looked everyone seems to be using a pseudonym. Some guys even have VPNs and other screening / blocking devices to stop anyone seeing their posts or tracking their identities.

Chocha Monger
11-01-18, 16:50
I know you are being provocative CM but if we all thought that we could disregard judgements by others then we would be using our own legal names when we post on this site. Last time I looked everyone seems to be using a pseudonym. Some guys even have VPNs and other screening / blocking devices to stop anyone seeing their posts or tracking their identities.Not all. Korean businessmen would never think of doing business without playing a few rounds of 19-hole golf. The fact that Korean businessmen continue to displace Western recreational sex tourists in Angeles City proves that putting the ball into the nineteenth hole is part of life as a company man.

You don't have to take my word for it. Read the excerpt below:

To Koreans, the business districts of American cities appear staid, orderly and a bit dull. A shop-worn joke here has it that North America is a "boring heaven" while their country is an "exciting hell."

No salesman (and the majority are men) gets far here unless he can sing mean, inebriated karaoke and then slug through negotiations the next morning with a thumping headache. South Koreans slam the world's largest quantity of hard liquor, imbibing 11.2 shots of soju per week, more than twice the average Russian's vodka consumption (although soju isn't always as strong).

What happens when this macho after-hours culture goes too far, littering the company tab with payments to prostitutes and hostess clubs? "That's the business model we depend on. When the Korean men are doing business together, they hang out at these places," explained the sex industry consultant.

Full article here https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-09-16/south-korea-real-business-gets-done-brothels-and-karaoke-joints.

Red Kilt
11-02-18, 04:21
Not all. Korean businessmen would never think of doing business without playing a few rounds of 19-hole golf. The fact that Korean businessmen continue to displace Western recreational sex tourists in Angeles City proves that putting the ball into the nineteenth hole is part of life as a company man.

You don't have to take my word for it. Read the excerpt below:Nobody will dispute the stories from such highly respected and informative websites CM about hard-core SoKor mongers, but I think you deftly avoided the more general question that most guys, and ESPECIALLY those of us who work and live in this culture, do not wish to publicize our peccadillos either in print or by example.

In my case, it is not wise for me to even visit Burgos Street to sample the haute cuisine at Filling Station lest I will be labelled as a "dirty, rotten scoundrel" (if seen) even if I don't go to a bar.

My mongering is very much low key, out of sight, under the table stuff. I know some guys are very up-front with no reservations (with a nod to Anthony B).

Dg8787
11-02-18, 04:37
Nobody will dispute the stories from such highly respected and informative websites CM about hard-core SoKor mongers, but I think you deftly avoided the more general question that most guys, and ESPECIALLY those of us who work and live in this culture, do not wish to publicize our peccadillos either in print or by example.

In my case, it is not wise for me to even visit Burgos Street to sample the haute cuisine at Filling Station lest I will be labelled as a "dirty, rotten scoundrel" (if seen) even if I don't go to a bar.

My mongering is very much low key, out of sight, under the table stuff. I know some guys are very up-front with no reservations (with a nod to Anthony B).You expected real life actual work, live and fuxk experience from CM!

Engine Driver
11-25-18, 04:27
I normally stay at the Diamond Hotel in Ermita, but they wanted $500/ night for this weekend because of some event. It's not a $500/ night hotel, so looked around on Bookings.com and found a deal for the Manila Hotel, near Rizal Park. The deal included breakfast for $105/ night.

The hotel is very old school, traditional Manila. It's really to cater for the Filipino elite and for middle class locals pretending to be Hi-So. It's not a tourist hotel for foreigners and definitely not a place to party with a bunch of hookers. It's too formal for that.

Rooms are very tired looking and need a complete refurbishment. The distance to LAC and Robinson is easily walkable, but you need to factor in the heat and humidity.

The locals who were staying here found it to be selfie heaven with the Christmas decorations. The place was also overrun with noisy, rich, fat spoilt kids who thought it was a joke to press everyone's door bell at 7. 00 am!!

I wouldn't stay here again.

Cali Scorpio
12-01-18, 03:10
After RTFF and a couple of other sites, I booked the Executive room at the City Garden Hotel. Great location and it seems to very guest friendly so shouldn't have any probs bringing one or more girls up. I read they've updated the rooms. The mirror opposite the bed is a nice touch! I'll post a review after my stay.

AfAsia
12-12-18, 09:31
Not as good or anywhere near since Terry sold several years back. All the sexy fun girls running the food and bar have gone, so too has the standard of the food. However the same old problems like no hot water still persist. The only positives are location and girl friendly.

Mua Tur
12-12-18, 10:58
I normally stay at the Diamond Hotel in Ermita, but they wanted $500/ night for this weekend because of some event. It's not a $500/ night hotel, so looked around on Bookings.com and found a deal for the Manila Hotel, near Rizal Park. The deal included breakfast for $105/ night.

The hotel is very old school, traditional Manila. It's really to cater for the Filipino elite and for middle class locals pretending to be Hi-So. It's not a tourist hotel for foreigners and definitely not a place to party with a bunch of hookers. It's too formal for that.

Rooms are very tired looking and need a complete refurbishment. The distance to LAC and Robinson is easily walkable, but you need to factor in the heat and humidity.

The locals who were staying here found it to be selfie heaven with the Christmas decorations. The place was also overrun with noisy, rich, fat spoilt kids who thought it was a joke to press everyone's door bell at 7. 00 am!!

I wouldn't stay here again.Yes Robinson's is walkabe distance with sweat.

I left this hotel for different reason. A hottie lady guard make me stand in one leg. Making a false excuse I made a little chat with her and left my number quietly; she hide the number very quickly. With a grin I left the place and waiting her call and she did. She told me if I stay another hotel she can meet me. So I did.

Happy hunting.

Wicked Roger
12-12-18, 18:17
Yes Robinson's is walkabe distance with sweat.

I left this hotel for different reason. A hottie lady guard make me stand in one leg. Making a false excuse I made a little chat with her and left my number quietly; she hide the number very quickly. With a grin I left the place and waiting her call and she did. She told me if I stay another hotel she can meet me. So I did.

Happy hunting.Good MT. I did same with 2 cute waitresses from the Tiara Oriental. I moved the next day and had some great threesomes.

Red Kilt
12-23-18, 10:35
I can't understand why so many guys use booking sites for hotels instead of going direct to the hotel site and asking straight up for the best deal they have.

I guess the cheap charlies worry about the cost of the international phone call. You can make that up in numerous ways by phoning direct.

Ask for the sales manager. Tell him / her what the booking site is offering (check first with Agoda, Expedia etc) and they will always at least match it because they don't then have to pay their percentage to the site so they always come out in front. Sometimes you will get even better deals. It's important that you talk to a manager though or someone authorised to make you an offer for a price.

My last trip to Vientiane Laos I was not only upgraded but they threw in my laundry costs for my 15 day stay. Same for the last time I stayed in Cebu at Waterfront. I was also upgraded to a higher standard room and was offered free merienda for the afternoon of my first 2 days stay.

The booking sites are large multi-nationals and they rip cash out of the country's economy. Most hotels will jump at the chance to book you direct, especially if you are staying longer than a week.

Kabul Guy
12-24-18, 00:03
I can't understand why so many guys use booking sites for hotels instead of going direct to the hotel site and asking straight up for the best deal they have.

Generally I'd agree with this approach but sometimes Expedia et al offer flight plus hotels for less than they are selling just flight. (and sometimes upscale hotels).

I have never tried pricing the identical itinerary through airline direct and hotel direct.

P.S. Booking direct also works for flights, usually as good or better than the travel sites.

Bottom line, it pays to check around a little, how much depends on your own trade off for convenience and cost factors.

PedroMorales
12-24-18, 00:20
I can't understand why so many guys use booking sites for hotels instead of going direct to the hotel site and asking straight up for the best deal they have. I guess the cheap charlies worry about the cost ofIf you use a booking site, you end up paying the tax. Phone or show up and no taxx= cheaper.

Yours.

Pedro Cheap Carlos Morales.

Goferring
12-24-18, 00:23
Generally I'd agree with this approach but sometimes Expedia et al offer flight plus hotels for less than they are selling just flight. (and sometimes upscale hotels).

I have never tried pricing the identical itinerary through airline direct and hotel direct.

P.S. Booking direct also works for flights, usually as good or better than the travel sites.

Bottom line, it pays to check around a little, how much depends on your own trade off for convenience and cost factors.I've got a memory like a sieve and regularly change plans. Having all my bookings in one spot and one point of contact for changes is a godsend for me.

Engine Driver
12-24-18, 08:56

I guess the cheap charlies worry about the cost of the international phone call. You can make that up in numerous ways by phoning direct.

Ask for the sales manager. Tell him / her what the booking site is offering (check first with Agoda, Expedia etc) and they will always at least match it because they don't then have to pay their percentage to the site so they always come out in front. Sometimes you will get even better deals. It's important that you talk to a manager though or someone authorised to make you an offer for a price.

My last trip to Vientiane Laos I was not only upgraded but they threw in my laundry costs for my 15 day stay. Same for the last time I stayed in Cebu at Waterfront. I was also upgraded to a higher standard room and was offered free merienda for the afternoon of my first 2 days stay.

The booking sites are large multi-nationals and they rip cash out of the country's economy. Most hotels will jump at the chance to book you direct, especially if you are staying longer than a week.This is great advice RK. When the booking sites run out of their allocation, it will show as no rooms are available on their specific websites. This doesn't mean that there are no rooms available at the hotel. On many occasions I have rung the hotel direct and rooms are instantly made available. Only the reservations clerk will know the true state of vacancies. Often they will discount the room further as they don't have to pay commissions.

Goferring
12-24-18, 09:22
If you use a booking site, you end up paying the tax. Phone or show up and no taxx= cheaper.

Yours.

Pedro Cheap Carlos Morales.Sorry, more info please. Can you explain this.

I could be wrong but I would have thought that the physical hotel is locked into paying local tax whereas the web site can be domiciles anywhere and minimise tax. My hotel confirmations often come from Singapore.

Goferring
12-24-18, 09:28
This is great advice RK. When the booking sites run out of their allocation, it will show as no rooms are available on their specific websites. This doesn't mean that there are no rooms available at the hotel. On many occasions I have rung the hotel direct and rooms are instantly made available. Only the reservations clerk will know the true state of vacancies. Often they will discount the room further as they don't have to pay commissions.Well done but I'd advise not waiting until the last minute to do this. If the hotel knows that the online allocation is gone they can up their charges. Quest in cebu did this to me once and charged me full rack rate for 3 days. Admittedly they knew they had me by the short and curlies beacause 1/ the agoda allocation was sold and 2/ I was extending a stay so unlikely to pack up and move just for a couple of days. Although I should have.

As said below, be sure to investigate and weigh up all your options.

PedroMorales
12-24-18, 12:33
Sorry, more info please. Can you explain this.

I could be wrong but I would have thought that the physical hotel is locked into paying local tax whereas the web site can be domiciles anywhere and minimise tax. My hotel confirmations often come from Singapore.I stayed in Angeles last May, booking on line at booking.com. I arrived late at night and was told because I booked on line I had to pay the tax. When I upgraded, there was no tax and a discount. If you go through boking.com etc, you are on the system and the tax man wants his cut. Most of the Phils is a cash in pocket business and thus the difference.

On another point, I booked a hotel on line for the end of this month and told them by phone I wanted the day before to but it was booked out. They told me it was not booked out, just that they had not yet released the rooms. I then booked by phone the extra night.

Eszpresszo
12-24-18, 18:02
If you use a booking site, you end up paying the tax. Phone or show up and no taxx= cheaper.

Yours.

Pedro Cheap Carlos Morales.And where do you get this idea that by avoiding the internet when booking, that you won't be charged any tax?

Breadman
12-24-18, 18:02
I've got a memory like a sieve and regularly change plans. Having all my bookings in one spot and one point of contact for changes is a godsend for me.And if your booking a room for a buddy as well booking thru Agoda gives the coupon for future bookings into your account.

Dg8787
12-24-18, 20:38
Sorry, more info please. Can you explain this.

I could be wrong but I would have thought that the physical hotel is locked into paying local tax whereas the web site can be domiciles anywhere and minimise tax. My hotel confirmations often come from Singapore.I think the tax he is referring to is the 20 peso hotel tax charged in Angeles City. It is not paid in the booking. You pay it in cash when you check in. I am not sure if it is a daily charge or not. I pay it once at check in. The tax money goes into a fund that pays to promote tourism.

Wicked Roger
12-24-18, 21:49
I think the tax he is referring to is the 20 peso hotel tax charged in Angeles City. It is not paid in the booking. You pay it in cash when you check in. I am not sure if it is a daily charge or not. I pay it once at check in. The tax money goes into a fund that pays to promote tourism.So we are spending a lot of bandwidth and brain cells over 20 pesos? When some spend thousands to the get to the country of course saving 20 pesos is super important LOL.

Dg8787
12-25-18, 01:24
So we are spending a lot of bandwidth and brain cells over 20 pesos? When some spend thousands to the get to the country of course saving 20 pesos is super important LOL.Hey! 20 pesos is 2 jeepney rides.

Radical Guy
12-26-18, 16:10

The booking sites are large multi-nationals and they rip cash out of the country's economy. Most hotels will jump at the chance to book you direct, especially if you are staying longer than a week.I generally prefer to have my itinerary booked and in writing well in advance of my trip. I tried the phone method once, and the hotel never sent me an email confirmation, and when I arrived they said they had no record of my reservation. I don't mind paying a small premium online for convenience and certainty.

RG.

The Cane
12-26-18, 18:02
I generally prefer to have my itinerary booked and in writing well in advance of my trip. I tried the phone method once, and the hotel never sent me an email confirmation, and when I arrived they said they had no record of my reservation. I don't mind paying a small premium online for convenience and certainty.

RG.What the hell are a few pesos here and there when you're traveling all that way? Get everything set up in advance, and then relax and enjoy your vacation knowing that everything has been arranged. No unpleasant surprises!

Red Kilt
12-27-18, 04:53
I generally prefer to have my itinerary booked and in writing well in advance of my trip. I tried the phone method once, and the hotel never sent me an email confirmation, and when I arrived they said they had no record of my reservation. I don't mind paying a small premium online for convenience and certainty.
That's OK too. I can understand guys wanting this sort of "security" in advance but it doesn't always work. Twice in the last 5 years I have reaached Sydney to my regular hotel in Pott's Point and there hasn't been a booking for me even though I had my confirmation number email etc.

I was merely pointing out that these booking sites are leeches and they suck money out of many tourist places. I have several friends in the industry and they all wish they could bypass them which is why they will look after anyone who calls up direct. When you do, ask for a confirmation number when your booking is complete, and request a confirmatory email follow-up too.

It's exceptionally useful to call direct to the hotel when you actually live here or are in-country already. If you live here with proof of residence (such as a driver's licence, ACR I-card or even a PLDT or electric supply bill showing your address, you get "local residence rates" in hotels which are often up to 50% lower than the best rate on a booking site. It's one of the main reasons why you see so many pinoys in local hotels, because they get huge concessions on prices and are the mainstay of many businesses who cannot rely on foreigners to fill up their rooms. I can show you an example of Waterfront Hotel in Cebu where my room price for a 5-day stay was 3800 php per night (and best booking site price was 8500 php, with rack rate over 10,000php)

Pat69
12-27-18, 19:11
Is ther anyone who know any good hotels in Ermita?

I have only tryed Citystat Tower hotel, and Lotus Garden hotel!

When I was at Burgos a few years ago I stayed in Ritz Astor Durban St, 100 m from P. Burgos st, that I can recommend, at lest that time they had some promos!

Thankful for tip!

Pat69
12-27-18, 20:43

When I was at Burgos a few years ago I stayed in Ritz Astor Durban St, 100 m from P. Burgos st, that I can recommend, at lest that time they had some promos!

Thankful for tip!

Dg8787
12-28-18, 00:31

Thankful for tip!They are all good.

GIGO.

Mua Tur
12-28-18, 09:51
What the hell are a few pesos here and there when you're traveling all that way? Get everything set up in advance, and then relax and enjoy your vacation knowing that everything has been arranged. No unpleasant surprises!Not always happening.

A significant times I had experienced odd. Given lower graded room in my booked price (mean I m paying higher) or asking additional money being transferring to higher grade. Even I had booking confirmation mail with booking number, just showing excuses that I arrived late according to my arrival time and the booked room is not available. Mostly in the time if the city enjoying some special occasion like Sinolog or New Year eve. That happens in Thailand, Philippine even in China too.

Happy Hunting.

Engine Driver
12-28-18, 11:17

Thankful for tip!I assume you are staying in Ermita to visit LA Cafe or Robinson Mall. You want to be within walking distance of those places as Ermita is a shit hole. There are many good hotels in that area, but it depends on your budget. If you want high end, the Diamond Hotel is very good. If you want low end, many people on this board have said Red Planet is good. All are girl friendly.