PDA

View Full Version : Manila Hotels

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Fast Eddie 48
10-29-07, 16:44
Hi,

I will be soon staying at the Edsa Shangri-La, Manila hotel. Is there any bar/club within the hotel where some talent can be found?

Thank you in advance for the pointers,Mandiri,

Just take the taxi to burgos st where all the bar and massage is it take 10 min cost about 50 peso , you can also hit the mall near by for freelancer actions just ask the taxi driver he will know where the actons is it.

Fast eddie 48

Bopalula
10-30-07, 08:10
Just got back from a few days in Makati and checked out the Durban Street Inn. I stayed at Oxford Suites last month but was recommended this place so I tried it out. It's just down the street from Oxford and right in the middle of the action. I met up with a CB girl so once again didn't bother with the bar scene. A little something about her at the end.

I did notice a marked drop in SW's from just a month ago. Maybe the high barfine that's emptying the bars has made the SW's change locale as well due to lack of traffic.

Ok, the hotel.

a) If the Oxford is a 3 star then the Durban is 2.5 stars by my rating. But its clean. 1300 pesos per night for their best room. The room is large but simple. The bathroom is small...a standup shower and sink with hot water, but again..clean. Tile floors instead of ratty old carpets.

b) It's 3 storeys with no elevator. I was on the top floor and had no troubles managing the couple times a day I left the room.

c) It has a little bit of charm with the central part of the hotel being a courtyard setup on every floor. There was zero view but I had a room on the opposite side of Durban St. which made for quiet. The tv was bigger than Oxford S. and seemed to have better cable. Could be wrong, they may have the same company.

d) No real amenities to speak of. No in-room safe but they do have a safety deposit box at the front desk. I read a report here somewhere that in PI it doesnt guarantee your money is safe, so head's up with that. No breakfast or room service either, but Shakey's is right across the street for both breakfast and dinner.

From Soju Lizard's report here I must say that this place is better than Citadel at 1/2 the price and it's 1/3 the price of Oxford Suites. So if you're a bargain hunter I can recommend this place. They do have some rooms that are as low as 900 pesos and are clean, but smaller.

So if you want a large, clean room with hot water and are on a budget this is a pretty good place. I'll be going to Cebu in January...and don't know when, if ever, I will be in Makati again. If I return, I wouldn't resist staying there again.

The girl? A 9.5 I'd say. 21 years old, killer smile, perfect boobs, ass, and stomach. She had one of those belly buttons that was just a slit, like you see on most hard-body girls. Great sense of humour. No fee but did give her 3000 pesos to buy something if she wanted when we went to the Mall of Asia. She didn't. For you guys that insist that's a fee..well, as you wish.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Mandiri
10-31-07, 06:13
Mandiri,

Just take the taxi to burgos st where all the bar and massage is it take 10 min cost about 50 peso , you can also hit the mall near by for freelancer actions just ask the taxi driver he will know where the actons is it.

Fast eddie 48

Appreciate the pointers. Burgos getting a bit pricey these days though, but thank you for the info anyhow.

Bopalula
10-31-07, 12:49
Pro....they don't have a website but contact numbers are below.

I should have mentioned there isn't any wi-fi or internet access, however, there is an internet cafe on the street level right next door. It's more convenient than going around to P. Burgos (a whole 150 meters away...haha) and the 88 cafe there.

XMan

Sorry. She's no longer a member there and hasn't been for awhile.

She and I were sitting at Shakey's having breakfast on Tuesday morning. We watched a parade of people going to work. I'd say that 80 per cent of the working people were woman. Is it because its Makati and there are more clerical jobs, or are they just more willing to work than the men? Just wondering.

I saw more than a few stunners walking by in the half hour we were in there...and I'm picky. There is no shortage of really beautiful woman in that country. I won't be in those bars anytime soon.

Durban St. Inn.....Tel. (632) 897-1866 to 68

Fax (632) 895-4838

e-mail: durbanstreetinn@yahoo.com

If phoning ask for Jayvee, Shiela, Chita, or Norie

Friendly folk.

X Man
10-31-07, 18:17
It's funny how that works. I recently signed up again after a long absense and was surprised at how many of the really hot ones disappeared. Since they can use the site free, you would think they would just get bored and stop signing in. It takes a bit of effort to actually cancel your account.

I have to think someone pisses them off and then they decide that they don't want any part of it. Well, I've pissed a few of them off myself, but mostly they deserved it. There must be a PH.d thesis there somewhere....anyone doing research?

X

Sorry. She's no longer a member there and hasn't been for awhile.

Wicked Roger
10-31-07, 23:22
Try this one

C00854483 Michelle, quick tells you she is a ACM cam girl, and at least is up front about things.

Had one reply telling me that the CB girls were ladyboys/TVs etc - but X Man, Amavida and others (incl me) can vouch that is not the case :D

Kamking1
11-11-07, 12:49
I recently stayed in Pearl Manila Hotel for three nights. It is reasonable hotel, a bit away from all Ermita bars, but only a short taxi ride away which will cost you about P50. If you really want to stay in the thick of action, then Lotus Garden is your place.

Anyway, Pearl had reasonable rooms, pretty good buffet breakfast, completely GF. You can go straight to your room bypassing the Lobby/reception, which is at 9th floor. Will need to register your guest if you want to get the free breakfast for your girl.

The area around the hotel is pretty safe, every night I went out for late supper, I noticed no suspicious people around.

Rate US$46/night, double room with 2 breakfast

Fast Eddie 48
11-13-07, 23:18
Dakota Mansion in Malate is a nice clean 3 star hotel near Havana cafe standard double is 1825 peso , it have a small pool on the roof and staff are very friendly and pretty sorry you can't barfined room are newly renovated cost a bit more than rodman inn and cherry blossom but is worth it .

www.mansiongroup.com

Fast eddie 48

Manta Ray
11-20-07, 15:29
Greetings all!

I haven't posted to this forum before as I live in Tokyo--have add ed a few reports there. I'll be in Manila for work in early December, first two nights in Malate/Ermita area. I'm considering Best Western La Corona, City Garden Suites and Pearl Manila. I have RTFF, but would still like to hear from anyone who is familiar with all three which one has nicest rooms/facilities.

Cheers!

Zandar
11-20-07, 19:18
Greetings all!

I haven't posted to this forum before as I live in Tokyo--have add ed a few reports there. I'll be in Manila for work in early December, first two nights in Malate/Ermita area. I'm considering Best Western La Corona, City Garden Suites and Pearl Manila. I have RTFF, but would still like to hear from anyone who is familiar with all three which one has nicest rooms/facilities.

Cheers!I tried City Garden and Pearl and in my opinion both of them are rather nice but maybe Perl is a little bit better than CityG. Airco in City Garden is too noisy and the rooms haven't a good view. So is up to you.

Fog Ducker
11-22-07, 02:38
I'm considering Best Western La Corona, City Garden Suites and Pearl Manila. I would definitely not recommend Best Western La Corona and am surprised they remain part of the franchise. Entrance and lobby okay but elevator is from the 20's - has the wooden accordion type door plus an outside door and is extremely slow. Rooms are being renovated. Some are tiled and nice and airy and light while others have dark wood flooring and cold and dingy. When you sit on the can you cannot open or close the bathroom door.

City Garden Suites okay but too expensive IMHO. I paid 2800 pesos.

Have never stayed at Pearl Manila so cannot make a recommendation.

My hotel of choice in Ermita is the Executive Plaza. 1700 pesos through Action Travel. Nice and clean with nice lobby, restaurant, etc. 5 minutes walk from Robinson's Mall, Roxas Boulevard, LA Cafe, Amazonia, G-Point, etc.

Tramp14
11-22-07, 08:48
Allow me to suggest G Hotel (http://www.ghotelmanilabywaterfront.com) along Roxas Boulevard in Manila. It is a small hotel, what they call a boutique hotel, but it is nice and there is an air of warmth from the hotel lobby to the room that I got. It is run by Waterfront, so if you want an affordable hotel that has retained a class, this is it. And the location is great, too. Near the bay, the nightlife in Manila, and the downtown Manila where I have worked for a month is very much accessible.

GermanBoy 2
11-22-07, 15:23
had a 3 night stay at the pearl manila two weeks ago. all in all i think it is not a bad option. booked through asiarooms for less then 50 us a night, and cause of the strong euro this was not bad. arrived arround 1 am and had no problem to get my room.

hotel and rooms:

hotel reception is on floor 9, also a little pool. rooms are not like in hyatt of course, but clean and equipped with inroomsafe, tv, minibar and mine was with kingsize bed and unfortunately also with carpet, but i think only at beach areas they are so wise to take other materials for the floor. at the side where my room was located it was not very noisy. it seems that the elevator is the hotels problem. they have only 2, and it can take a while till it arrives. sometimes a very long while. in day time they have a elevator conductor, after 10 pm no longer. do not understand the sense. breakfast is a little buffet and nothing special, but they have the most impiortant things.

gf:

seems to be no problem. i took two times a girl up with me, and nobody cares. they have a security at the ground floor, where you enter elevators. talked a few times to this guy and he said that they only have a look to take up no minors. there was no registration from my girls.

walking distance to la cafe maybe 15 minutes, more or less, depends on speed. if you walk slowly a little more. in daytime i have done this, by night i have taken a cab (40 peso when i remember right). was robbed in brazil in march and for that i am maybe too cautioness. cab to makati by night 100 peso by meter and 20 minutes. in daytime it can take hours, acording to traffic.

next monday i will stay at bayview park, not cause pearl is bad, but i want to see something else. bayview is only 6 us more.

editor's note: i certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the reports of distinction thread. please click here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Woodman
11-23-07, 22:15
I will be visiting Manila in early December and have a hotel room booked at the Hyatt. Is it GF? Also is there any mongering opportunities in the neighborhood?

Thanks!

The Wanderer
11-24-07, 06:14
I will be visiting Manila in early December and have a hotel room booked at the Hyatt. Is it GF? Also is there any mongering opportunities in the neighborhood?

Thanks!

Woodman

You will not have a problem, stopped there about 4 weeks ago for 4 nights. As to your second question, I'd say by good fortune you have ended up in the middle of one of the richest mongering areas in SE Asia. Suggest you read some reports; searches on LA Café, G Point, Amazonia, Hussy will get you started.

Failing that just take a walk, turn right from the main door then first left or turn right from the main door the second right...either should sort you out. Alternatively ask the concierge.... if you feel brave enough. Robinsons is also close by, though I have found hunting there very hit and miss.

Amavida
11-24-07, 15:07
Woodman

. Robinsons is also close by, though I have found hunting there very hit and miss.

Agreed, last ime I stayed in Ermita at City State Hotel I visited Robinsons daily for mundane day to day needs. It was always in my mind that I may get lucky there. In four days I was approached by a very obvious lady boy. I declined its offer but before I could walk on, it asked me to wish it luck... I was so surprised that i blurted out 'good luck & god bless' before walking quickly away in embarrassment & annoyance.

Two days later I was given a big smile & 'hello' by a young thing as I walked through the eatery upstairs. I was'nt in need of taking up the offer but made a mental note that 4pm in the eatery the place is packed with students & that would be your best time hang around waiting for prey.

Happy mongering
Amavida

Notanocker
11-27-07, 11:22
Zandar, I stayed at City Garden Suites, Ermita within the last three weeks for a weekly rate of P2800/night = P19600 for the week in a one bedroom suite. Excellent value and well maintained, which is not always the case in Asia. I will be staying there again when I next visit my GF! It is cheapest to book by telephoning (or emailing): the hotel's Internet site does not offer the one bedroom suite discounted weekly rate. These 28 suites are on the 4th and 7th floors: the normal daily rate is P3584. I could not fault the staff's attitude, but did not eat the P275 (extra) brekky: I went to Robinson's Place (Mall) 300 metres away instead.

Donsat
11-27-07, 14:55
Is the Intercontinenal in Manila Girl Friendly.

Is close to EDSA?

Fast Eddie 48
11-28-07, 00:00
Agreed, last ime I stayed in Ermita at City State Hotel I visited Robinsons daily for mundane day to day needs. It was always in my mind that I may get lucky there. In four days I was approached by a very obvious lady boy. I declined its offer but before I could walk on, it asked me to wish it luck... I was so surprised that i blurted out 'good luck & god bless' before walking quickly away in embarrassment & annoyance.

Two days later I was given a big smile & 'hello' by a young thing as I walked through the eatery upstairs. I was'nt in need of taking up the offer but made a mental note that 4pm in the eatery the place is packed with students & that would be your best time hang around waiting for prey.

Happy mongering,

AmavidaAmavida,

You will be surprise how easy it is to just walk up to a girl and ask if they like to joy you for lunch , this girl will not pass up on a free meal and it can lead to dinner and dessert later and I have done this all over PI and Indoneasia.

Fast eddie 48

Amavida
11-28-07, 04:19

Is close to EDSA?

Virtually all hotels will not care about who you have in your room IF :

1) You pay for a double & not be a cheap charlie.
2) You & your 'guests' behave with decorum.

Happy mongering
Amavida

Notanocker
11-29-07, 11:37
Amavida is 'spot on.' Of course, many hotels charge no more or little more for two guests than for a single. My rule is to always book a queen bedded room for two guests. It avoids embarrassment - and imposition by the hotel of extra charges for the second person that although not in the tariiff schedule seem to be added if you do behave as a so-called Cheap Charlie and only book for one person. By the way, it is pleasing to see today's mini-attempted coup in Makati now apparently resolved.

Buko Max
11-29-07, 12:30
By the way, it is pleasing to see today's mini-attempted coup in Makati now apparently resolved.
Which hotel was the site of the attempted coup?

Horntoad
11-29-07, 13:18
Which hotel was the site of the attempted coup?

Peninsula in Makati.

GermanBoy 2
11-30-07, 23:54
Had a 3 night stay at the bayview park at the end of my trip. Booked through asiarooms for 55 us a night, and cause of the strong euro this was not bad. Announced for a queen size bed (they have no king size) and had no problem to get my room.

Hotel and rooms:

There is no pool and there are no in-room-safes, but they have a locker at reception which is 24 hours open. Rooms are more or less the same like in pearl, see detailed remarks maybe 10 topics below. Tv, minibar and fridge are in each room, and they are all a little bit better as in pearl, but nothing special as well. Aircondition is not blowing directly into bed, thats fine. Furniture is not so run down as in pearl, but not too much better. Carpet in the living area as well.

Unfortunately my room was at the 4 floor (smoking rooms) and at the side from Roxas Boulevard. This is not a good option. The windows are taped, so there is not really a view, but it is noisy all night long. Think it is important to ask for a room at the backfront, it can not bee louder. Breakfast is a buffet and nothing special, seems to be no big difference to pearl. But the sitting space is very limited, so if there is a big group from koreans (a lot of guests come from there) you have to wait to be seated. Thats not convenient. There is a starbucks connected with the hotel (starbucks is using hotel restrooms), thats helpful.

Gf:

Even if they give a paper to every guest, that other guests after 10 pm are not allowed, it seems to be no problem. I took two times a girl up with me. But there is a lot of registration. First they have to register at the front door in a big book and leave the id their, then there is another paperwork at the reception, but they do not charge. Talked to the security, and they told me that a girl has taken valuables from a guest a few weeks ago, and for that they have these security reasons now. In my eyes thats nothing bad.

Walking distance to la cafe maybe 5 minutes, also in night time I felt always pretty safe. Anyway: if you take a girl from there, the distance is too long for walking. Never met so lazy ladies like in the Philippines. Taxi is 32, 50 peso, if he is going by meter.

Summary:

There is not really a quality difference between pearl and bayview. Pool and inroom-safe are points for pearl, also the price. Location seems to be better with bayview. Good luck in trying out.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Fast Eddie 48
12-02-07, 08:24
Peninsula in Makati.I wonder will Gloria paid for the repair cost for the hotel I heard it will be closed for a week ,it is a nice place stay there once is very gf hotel .

Fast eddie 48

Nvslim
12-02-07, 12:26
I wonder will Gloria paid for the repair cost for the hotel I heard it will be closed for a week ,it is a nice place stay there once is very gf hotel .

Fast eddie 48With politics the way they are, it's just a cost of doing business, like greasing the palms of inspectors and police.

Slim

Member #3428
12-04-07, 02:16
Any suggestions on a hotel near the airport.

Normally I stay at Dusit or Somerset but I only have a 6 hour layover this time and want a room close to the airport if possible as my last transport took me over an hour and half (three weeks ago).

I looked at the airport hotel and it's OK. I just need a clean bed and clean bath with hot water that doesn't take hours to get back and forth to the airport. GF will meet me there and be on registration so no worry about if it is girl friendly or not.

I did RTFF but the only search came up was heritage and I know that place. Arriving NAIA via International in Terminal 1 and taking off from Centennial Terminal 2.

Buko Max
12-04-07, 11:26
The airport hotel might suit your needs since it is only a 5 minute walk from the terminal. Stopped in there recently to use a cp and get a bite but never inquired about the rooms, which might be dated. Otherwise, Ermita has plenty of hotels and is only 12 kms. from the airport. The commute should be short most times of the day.

Amavida
12-05-07, 06:04

Normally I stay at Dusit or Somerset but I only have a 6 hour layover this time and want a room close to the airport if possible as my last transport took me over an hour and half (three weeks ago).

I looked at the airport hotel and it's OK. I just need a clean bed and clean bath with hot water that doesn't take hours to get back and forth to the airport. GF will meet me there and be on registration so no worry about if it is girl friendly or not.

I did RTFF but the only search came up was heritage and I know that place. Arriving NAIA via International in Terminal 1 and taking off from Centennial Terminal 2.

www.asiarooms.com will show you a couple of Hotels near the airport & there is a pretty good users opinions page relating to each one.

Makati is a little further away and has hotels in broad price range from really cheap to really expensive.

My #1 GF & I always stay at Makati Prime Towers. Very good value for money. Ask for a (non smoking) 'Junior suite' on a high floor & you will get a nice, clean, QUIET one bedroom condo style suite. The hotel is older but in quite reasonable repair & is plenty good enough for us & the many Philippina people who use it. You will have to ring reception tp ask for an 'airpot' to be brought up (so you can boil water for a coffee) & you will have to ring house keeping & ask for towels to be sent up but the staff are always friendly & prompt. This just adds to the charm of the place hehehe... always have to ask evrey time... hehehe :)

Ermita is the furtherest away from the airport & will take a long time to travel to & from.

Happy mongering
Amavida

X Man
12-05-07, 06:15
Heritage hotel and the lesser priced Copacaban Hotel are near the airport and right across the street from EDSA Entertainment Center. You didn't give us any in/out times or any idea what you want to do in those six hours. I'm going to assume a late arrive, earlier departure and some night sport during the six hours. The biggest time saver would be something right next to EDSA.

Also, please consider sharing some information rather than just asking for it. WHere were you staying and at what time did you have a 90 min commute to the airport? Was there an obvious accident or did you feel that this was a daily thing?

X Man

Member #3428
12-05-07, 07:45
Also, please consider sharing some information rather than just asking for it. WHere were you staying and at what time did you have a 90 min commute to the airport? Was there an obvious accident or did you feel that this was a daily thing?

Appreciate the responses. And not to pick a bone here but as I uploaded photo's on a freebie from that trip I thought I was sharing and not just asking. I spend most my time in Asia on work and tranist manila so it's rare if I have more then one day and sometimes I get three days. At minimum I get 12 hours usually but this time I only have 6 hours. And I did post normally I stay at Dusit or Somerset apartments. As I travel throughout asia I am posted mainly in serviced residents over hotels.

The 90 minute commute was from Shangra-La EDSA for a 10 pm departure of all things on a Tuesday night.

The trip I have coming up is a midnight landing and an early morning departure. My freebie manila girl I've been seeing (not the one in picture) will show up and spend the six hours with me. So Basically I wanted to know if there was any other choices other then the manila airport hotel as being that close. Early check in the next morning and being held up at immigration (sometimes long lines at that hour with few officers working) will take enough time out. So I was trying to save as much as I can without getting stuck in traffic or such.

So basically, yeah it's land and straight to the sack and then straight back out.

Notanocker
12-05-07, 12:53
Amavida's comment that travelling between Manila International Airport (NAIA) and Ermita can take a long time is often correct, but not always. On my recent trip a month ago I took 25 minutes to get from A.Mabini St, Ermita to the Airport at 1500 in the afternoon. The taxi driver cut through a backdoor route near Quirino Avenue and amazingly we ended up in a wide street with no other traffic. There was also little traffic going to the airport near Paranaque, but in the other direction ex NAIA it appeared to be a different story. I hope Manila eventually has its LRT LIne 1 extended from Baclaran to the airport: we sure need it!

Robbaf
12-05-07, 20:58
The 90 minute commute was from Shangra-La EDSA for a 10 pm departure of all things on a Tuesday night.I think that I know Manila pretty well, but I had a meeting at the Shangri-La, I thought Makati, but it was EDSA and it took me one hour to get there from Makati at 4 pm and then it took another hour to get back to Makati at 8 pm. It was kind of funny, my buddy and I left the hotel and went to the SM in EDSA and had dinner and then went to the taxi stand and tired to get a taxi to ESDA Entertainment Complex and after 15 minutes of not moving and the driver acting like he didn't know where it was, and he was asking other drivers, we finally said to take us to our hotel in Makati:(

Another time I left the Inner-Continental Hotel in Makati at 4 pm and told the taxi driver that if he could get me to the Diamond Hotel in Manila in 30 minutes I would give him a 100P tip. He stopped for 300P of fuel en-route and still made the Diamond Hotel in 30 minutes:D

Robb

Woodman
12-06-07, 03:51
Arrived in Manila around 10:30 PM, and only about 25-30 minutes from the airport. The Hyatt is actually a pretty good bargin compared to other hotels in Asia. My rate is US$148 including all taxes.

After my shower and change of clothes, I visited the Lounge at the Hyatt for a couple of drinks. The Hyatt is more "Girl Friendly" than I anticipated. I was somewhat surprised to find a mama-san there with three girls who I assumed were not her daughters. I would rate two of them as 8's and there was one 7. While I was having my drink a couple Korean guys came and visited the table, and sure enough left with one girl each.

My plan was to Visit LA Cafe, to see if it lived up to expectations. Actually, the LA Cafe is about 100 meters from the Hyatt, which was a pleasant surprise. The doorman gave me the easy directions, but warned me not to stray too far from the main street.

When I returned with my new friend, there was no questions what-so-ever. See the full the report under Manila Reports.

Great location!

Hobby Knob
12-06-07, 07:26
It just goes to show you can never tell. My last trip in March I left on a Friday Morning from the Shangri-La edsa. I'm pretty sure it only took about 1/2 hour (but my driver took some pretty ugly back roads) A GF met me at the airport to say goodbye. She left her place by market market in Taguig and it took her about 2 hours to get to the airport. She blamed traffic on the campaigning going on before elections.

I think that I know Manila pretty well, but I had a meeting at the Shangri-La, I thought Makati, but it was EDSA and it took me one hour to get there from Makati at 4 pm and then it took another hour to get back to Makati at 8 pm. It was kind of funny, my buddy and I left the hotel and went to the SM in EDSA and had dinner and then went to the taxi stand and tired to get a taxi to ESDA Entertainment Complex and after 15 minutes of not moving and the driver acting like he didn't know where it was, and he was asking other drivers, we finally said to take us to our hotel in Makati:(

Another time I left the Inner-Continental Hotel in Makati at 4 pm and told the taxi driver that if he could get me to the Diamond Hotel in Manila in 30 minutes I would give him a 100P tip. He stopped for 300P of fuel en-route and still made the Diamond Hotel in 30 minutes:D

Robb

X Man
12-06-07, 10:27
My comment about "sharing" was in reference to only that one post and I didn't mean to imply that you hadn't shared in other ways. Sorry for my poor choice of wording.

I'm going to stick with my original suggestion -- The Heritage which is in Pasay at the corner of EDSA and Roxas. You can see Mall of Asia from this location. You'd probably be just ten min from the airport.
Heritage www.heritagehotelmanila.com

X Man

Appreciate the responses. And not to pick a bone here but as I uploaded photo's on a freebie from that trip I thought I was sharing and not just asking. I spend most my time in Asia on work and tranist manila so it's rare if I have more then one day and sometimes I get three days. At minimum I get 12 hours usually but this time I only have 6 hours. And I did post normally I stay at Dusit or Somerset apartments. As I travel throughout asia I am posted mainly in serviced residents over hotels.

The 90 minute commute was from Shangra-La EDSA for a 10 pm departure of all things on a Tuesday night.

The trip I have coming up is a midnight landing and an early morning departure. My freebie manila girl I've been seeing (not the one in picture) will show up and spend the six hours with me. So Basically I wanted to know if there was any other choices other then the manila airport hotel as being that close. Early check in the next morning and being held up at immigration (sometimes long lines at that hour with few officers working) will take enough time out. So I was trying to save as much as I can without getting stuck in traffic or such.

So basically, yeah it's land and straight to the sack and then straight back out.

Member #3428
12-06-07, 10:47
My comment about "sharing" was in reference to only that one post and I didn't mean to imply that you hadn't shared in other ways. Sorry for my poor choice of wording.

Nice touch. I wasn't trying to start a beef as I have no beef, I'm not experienced in Manila, but I'm not a newbie who takes and never puts back, so just wanted to make sure we're on the right footing.

Seen Heritage many times, I really just want to get off the plane and shag, (she's really an enjoyable lady), she's picking me up at the airport and I just want to hit the sheets and not leave till the plane takes off. Even if work is paying I'm hitting the airport hotel and will let you know how it all is.

With 6 hours only... not willing to risk a traffic sitution as I won't be back through to see her for four weeks :(

Sweetafton
12-10-07, 19:46
Hello,

Has anyone ever stayed at Bianca's Garden? The address is 2139 M Adriatico Street in Malate. I will be in Manila for a week before I escape to quieter, more remote parts of the Philippines. I am looking for a place somewhat different than a standard high-rise hotel.

Thanks,

Ed.

Notanocker
12-11-07, 10:01
As those who RTFF will deduce, I recently stayed in City Garden Suites Ermita and was impressed. However it lacks a pool. Has anyone stayed in the same group's Makati property that has a pool, and, even better, has anyone stayed in both and could they offer a comparison? Many thanks! The one bedroom suites for P19600 a week at City Garden are great: what are the executive deluxe rooms ($81 USD / night) at the Makati property like?

Gene Simmons
12-16-07, 21:11

Is close to EDSA?Definitely, Intercon is very friendly. Stayed there many times. If your friend comes in with you, no questions asked. If she comes alone, they call you in the room if it is ok to send her to your room. Great service. When she leaves alone they will also call to check if you are ok.

BTW Ascott (formerly Oakwood) is GF as well.

It took me about 20 min in the night to EDSA.

Towelboy2010
12-23-07, 08:49
Is anyone familar with this apartment complex. There are 2 of us coming in March and based on rates at the Hertitage, Diamond, Hyatt etc Fraser at $180 for a 2 bedroom apt. with Living Rm & Kitchen it seems like a good deal. Located in Makati City.

LINK: http://www.asiatravel.com/philippines/fraser/v8.html

Member #3428
12-23-07, 21:10
Is anyone familar with this apartment complex. There are 2 of us coming in March and based on rates at the Hertitage, Diamond, Hyatt etc Fraser at $180 for a 2 bedroom apt. with Living Rm & Kitchen it seems like a good deal. Located in Makati City.

Can't help you on fraser but I get housed in Somerset apartments all over asia and there are three (maybe more but I've stayed at three) right in manila. All are good in manila. Citadel, Somerset and Ascott are all under one company and we get great deals with them. If you're looking for an apartment type check them out.

Robbaf
12-23-07, 21:59
Is anyone familar with this apartment complex. There are 2 of us coming in March and based on rates at the Hertitage, Diamond, Hyatt etc Fraser at $180 for a 2 bedroom apt. with Living Rm & Kitchen it seems like a good deal. Located in Makati City.It is a good deal. Some of the apartments have the bedrooms upstairs. Only problem that I found is taxi drivers had a hard time finding it. They say they do not know where it is. If you stay there, make sure you get a hotel card with the address to show the driver.

Robb

Traveler1234
12-23-07, 22:35
All are good in manila. Citadel, Somerset and Ascott are all under one company and we get great deals with them. If you're looking for an apartment type check them out.

I second this...and I think they're slightly less than Fraser.

Asia Smiles
12-27-07, 16:08
As those who RTFF will deduce, I recently stayed in City Garden Suites Ermita and was impressed. However it lacks a pool. Has anyone stayed in the same group's Makati property that has a pool, and, even better, has anyone stayed in both and could they offer a comparison? Many thanks! The one bedroom suites for P19600 a week at City Garden are great: what are the executive deluxe rooms (USD*1/ night) at the Makati property like?Stayed in both, with the Makati property being superior. The rooftop pool and view are a big plus and rooms are better kept. Only problem is pool closes at 6 or 7 PM. Makati area has the pricier nearby clubs, better area for business, and girls in clubs can be prettier than the freelancers hanging around Ermita. Personally, I prefer the Makati property and taxi to other parts of town if I want to adventure. Never stayed in the suite, so can't compare, but bet it's a good deal for Makati. Stayed in City Garden 3 x so I'm looking for something comparable just to try something different, but if I can't find anything, City Garden Makati is reliable.

Member #2718
12-30-07, 23:55

Its a great place IF you want to spend the $$$ (I spent a honeymoon there),

If your looking to impress, this place will do just fine. If your looking for nice and convientient try Lotus Garden in Ermita or Heritage on Roxas Blvd.

Bobobt
01-03-08, 00:32
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest somewhere cheap that is girl friendly. I don't really want to spend a lot of money on accommodation. The cheapest will do me as long as I can bring someone back. All suggestions are appreciated as this will be my first time in Manila.

Anonymous
01-03-08, 02:10
Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone could suggest somewhere cheap that is girl friendly. I don't really want to spend a lot of money on accommodation. The cheapest will do me as long as I can bring someone back. All suggestions are appreciated as this will be my first time in Manila.In all my years travelling to the P.I. I've never stayed at a hotel that was not girl friendly. Maybe they exist since I see the question pop up a lot here.

Anyway, it's sounds like you want cheap and close to the action. I'd suggest you stay at The Astor in Makati. www.asiatravel.com It's $56 including tax and across the street from P.Burgos. You can also take a short taxi ride for about 2 bucks to Edsa Complex which has cheaper bar fines than P.Burgos. Have fun!

Bobobt
01-03-08, 16:40
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I'd rather find somewhere even cheaper but I guess I need to be realistic. I am booked into the Rothman Hotel for the first couple of nights. I will see how it is there and I'll be sure to add my reports.

Towelboy2010
01-04-08, 07:47
I am flying a date in from Cebu. She is not staying with me at night. Hmmmm, I guess I can visit the LA CAFE.

She wants a small room at a cheap motel. Any suggestions other than Monger hotels? Preferably in the Ermita Malate area.

Thanks,

Bob

Hesekiels
01-05-08, 15:14
... Any suggestions other than Monger hotels? Preferably in the Ermita Malate area.

Maybe "Malate Pensionne" near Remedios Circle would be an option!?

Cheers - Hesekiels

Bobobt
01-05-08, 18:43

Cheers - HesekielsI know this wasn't aimed at me, but is it possible to get a girl into a room here?

Hesekiels
01-06-08, 08:13
I know this wasn't aimed at me, but is it possible to get a girl into a room here?

Hi Bobobt:

Malate Pensionne is the preferred place for backpackers and definitely NO place for our hobby!

But yes, you can bring one lady to your room, provided that both of you have checked in together! However, bringing every night another girl won't be appreciated by the management! I think that's fair enough and since there are so many other girl-friendly hotels in this area we shouldn't have a problem to accept it!

Cheers - Hesekiels

X Man
01-06-08, 15:27
I would put her up in Paco Park Hotel. Pink room or Gold room. Malate Pension is also a good site, and better situated. Paco Park has a pool, is close to a wonderful park (Paco Park) and isn't too far from the ermita / malate nightlife.

Now, if I could only find the contact info....

Cheers - Hesekiels

Soapy Smith
01-11-08, 18:48
I am flying a date in from Cebu. She is not staying with me at night. Hmmmm, I guess I can visit the LA CAFE. She wants a small room at a cheap motel. Any suggestions other than Monger hotels? Preferably in the Ermita Malate area. Thanks, BobBob,

Don't know if you've ever been to any of the so-called monger hotels in Ermita, but they are not grotesque places in which all the customers are dirty old men and skanky women. Executive Plaza, Rothman, Las Palmas, Cherry Blossoms, Boulevard Mansion, and many others, all of which are girl friendly, probably have far more guests who are traveling as families in from the provinces. The "girl friendly" thing is very discreet: The doorman picks up very quickly on an older Western gent escorting a 20-something Filipina into the hotel and quietly motions the woman to his stand to take down her ID information. Sometimes they also hold the ID until the woman departs. This is to protect the man from a woman stealing stuff as she leaves the room. So most mongers take the ST or LT "date" as quickly as possible through the lobby and into the elevator. If another guest happens to be sitting in the lobby, she'd have to pay close attention to even realize what's happening. So it's not like there's seedy behavior in the lobby that draws attention to the few mongers that happen to have rooms in the hotel.

My point is to argue that you could actually put your Cebu date up in one of these places and not worry that she will get grossed out. In terms of physical layout and location, Cherry Blossoms has a lot to recommend it. Some mongers have reported that the rooms seem a little worn out. True. But on the flip side:

1. Traffic in mongers coming and going is least noticeable compared to other hotels because the area from outside door to the elevators is very constricted. The other places have expansive lobbies and a person sitting in the lobby literally sees everybody coming and going.

2. The actual sitting part of the lobby is off to the side, so that your Cebu date can sit and wait for you there without directly observing the occasional incident, if any, of monger traffic.

3. Clientele seems to be more family-oriented here, perhaps because of the kitchenettes in many of the rooms. If you could get your date into one of the rooms with kitchenetttes, you could almost guarantee that her neighbors will be Philippine families.

4. Cherry Blossoms has a decent, almost romantic, little dining room and all guests get complementary breakfast. The dining room and food is, in my experience, cleaner and better than the other girl friendly places I've mentioned.

5. Cherry Blossoms is immediately adjacent to Robinson's Place Mall. A real plus for a visitor from Cebu.

They are very discreet and low-key with mongers and dates. One time I brought an ST up to my room there and was in such a rush for the action that I absent-mindedly left the key card in the slot on the outside of the door. I was literally in flagrante delicto.- in mid stroke.- when a knock at the door came and a voice said, "security. " Oh s--t, I thought, they're going to bust me for an unpaid guest and this is going to be a bad scene. The knock came again, but nobody busted into the room. After a while we heard no more noise and so got back into our very passionate and enjoyable deed. After we cleaned up I realized I couldn't find the key card. My ST suggested that maybe I'd left it in the outside of the door. She waited in the room while I went sheepishly to the registration desk. I asked if anybody had turned in the key card. "Oh yes, sir, security found it in your door and didn't know if you were inside or not. They knocked but nobody answered, so they brought it back here. " "Thank you very much. " I told this to the ST and she and I both nearly rolled on the floor laughing. My point is that nothing in my communications with hotel staff would have suggested that they had any idea what I was really using the room for, but I guarantee they did. These hotels are just exceptionally low-key and discreet about these girl-friendly activities so that nobody gets offended.

Well, almost nobody. It helps to walk the girl out to the doorman's station, because some of the girls report that the doormen try to extract bribes if they show up alone to get their IDs back.

Just my $. 03.- reflecting the falling value of the dollar against the peso.

Soapy Smith
01-12-08, 07:44
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I'd rather find somewhere even cheaper but I guess I need to be realistic. I am booked into the Rothman Hotel for the first couple of nights. I will see how it is there and I'll be sure to add my reports.Nothing wrong with the Rothman. About the same price and quality as Executive Plaza, Las Palmas, Boulevard Mansion, and Cherry Blossoms, except no complementary breakfast at Rothmans. No big deal. Rothman is only 3 1/2 blocks to LA Cafe and a block and 1/2 to Robinson's Mall. There's a decent convenience store half a block up at the corner of Pedro Gil, although that corner is plagued with children and disabled pan handlers. View from rooms on one side is overlooking Adriatico. Some street noise, but not bad. View on the other side looks at the back of the Hyatt casino, but these rooms are quieter.

If you haven't yet arrived or are there now, here's a little tip for you. Walk down thru the little covered alley right by the front door of Rothman. It looks like it leads back into a parking area: it does. But once you're back in there, take a right jog, and then a left jog out thru another covered alley. This brings you out next to Executive Plaza on Mabini Street, a block closer to LA Cafe. Then, when you're coming back later with a woman from LA Cafe, bring her back thru here from the other direction. The advantage of this route is that it eliminates over a block of pan handlers and con artists that will always hit you up on Adriatico and Pedro Gil. These alleys are very safe because Rothman's doorman on one end and Executive Plaza on the other maintain oversight on the entrances. Las Palmas and Palm Plaza also keep an eye on the area, because their shared lounge and billiards room opens into this area. I think one of the ladies showed it to me, and then I brought others thru there that didn't know it existed. They were impressed that I knew my away around. Sorta.

Member #3428
01-12-08, 08:47
Had a SHORT layover in manila, exited immigration, walked down the walk way, seriously a 3 minute walk, my manila GF was waiting, got the room for about 2600 peso, had about 8 hours of great sex then back to airport and took off. Room was clean, didn't try any food or anything else but did see a lot of food being sent up to the rooms and it looked decent.

Compared to Somerset Apartment, Shangri La, Dusit, from what I was concentrating on for a few hours, the airport hotel definitely fit the bill. For more then a couple hours, nah, not for me, for a quick sex layover, definitely worth it. That was a nice tranist ;)

X Man
01-13-08, 07:34
Great post SK, but there is possibly another reason for avoiding the typical Ermita "monger" Hotels. He doesn't want his Cebu girl to get any ideas about what HE might be up to when she isn't around.

But one thing I don't understand. The girl isn't staying the night, but SHE wants a small cheap room. Where does she stay the night?

Hmmm, I have a feeling SHE WILL be staying the night. My girl in Davao kept giving me the same line every day, but ended up in my bed for three staight nights...bless her heart.

Time for Bob to chime in with a bit more info, budget, expected daytime activities, etc.

X

Bob,

Don't know if you've ever been to any of the so-called monger hotels in Ermita, but they are not grotesque places in which all the customers are dirty old men and skanky women. Executive Plaza, Rothman, Las Palmas, Cherry Blossoms, Boulevard Mansion, and many others, all of which are girl friendly, probably have far more guests who are traveling as families in from the provinces. SNIP>>>>>

Just my $. 03.- reflecting the falling value of the dollar against the peso.

X Man
01-14-08, 01:05
Strangely, with all the good info here, I'm getting pm about hotels. Sigh.

Copacapana and Heritage Hotel are near the airport and I would recommend them mostly if you need to be near the airport. For example if you have to be at the airport around rush hour or if you have a late arrival / jet lag and want the least possible time between arrival and coitus.

Both have pools and are near Mall of Asia and EDSA Entertainment center.

Manila code is 02 /asiahotels.com, and asiarooms.com, asiatravel.com update 8.28.07

Travel agent numbers?
G Point NUMBER???

Pavillion: http://www.manila-hotel-travel.com/holiday_inn.htm
Pan Pacific $85.
Grand Hotel, Roxas, has massage parlor on 8th fl
City Garden Suites, 1800+ 526 0959 cityreservations@citygardenhotels.com
City State Tower Hotel, 400-7351~61 Mabini St, superior dble w/ 2 breakfasts 1,950 but 1,500 through Gpoint bar.
res@citystatetowerhotel.com.ph
Midland Htl, near Robinsons, M. Adriatico St 302-1858 to 61
midland@tri-isys.com http://www.themidlandplaza.com/accommodations.php

Atrium - 2000, it was OK, probably would pass in the future.
Iseya Hotel Rooftop BBQ: Sunday 5-7:30 1241 M.H. del Pilar Street, Ermita iseya04@yahoo.com
523 8166~68 / 091 6975 1728 http://www.angelescity.com/iseya_hotel.html
Best Western La Corona 1166 M.H. del Pilar, Ermita 524 2631 (-38)
www.hotelacorona.com manila@hotelacorona.com Deluxe2600
Tropicana Apartment Hotel 1630 Luis M. Guerrero Street, Malate
525-5555 large room fpr 2400, near the mall, just a few blocks from Taft.

Las Palmas – www.laspalmashotel.com NUMBER??? large rooms, noisy at front. 2000pesos
sales@laspalmashotel.com.ph / www.laspalmashotel.com.ph
Palm Plaza 2500+ www.palmplazahotel.com 522 1000 / 524 7127 reservations@palmplazahotel.com

Executive Plaza Hotel 523 1000 www1.executiveplazahotel.com

Rothman 523 4501 (01to10) info@rothmanhotel.com www.rothmanhotel.com
12.06 double is 1700 /double exe 1800 / twin 1800 / kitchen 3200 / ask for frig
Same owner for: http://www.rivieramansion.com/rates.html

Pearl 525 1000 www.pearlgardenhotel.net / pgarden@info.com.ph deluxe 2600
1700 M. Adriatico, Malate
Hostel 1632 across from Rothman, 522 8888
Hotel Frendy 526 4211 (12) / 092 0901 0472 reservations@hotelfrendy.com
a real dump
Hotel Kimberly, near the uni 770 pedro gil st. Malate 521-1888 2006 Standard (double) 1900
Deluxe 2600 www.hotelkimberly.com reservations@hotelkimberly.com
Paco Park 1900pesos parkhotl@parkhotel.com.ph / 521 2371 (to 75) www.parkhotel.com.ph
1032-34 Belen st., Paco Manila, MM www.parkoasis.com
Room 315 P2600, pink room. Room 316, smaller room, noisier 1900
Garden Plaza is near Paco Park / family rooms with kitchenettes 522 4835/39/ 522 4841/53

Miramar 523 4484 miramarh@i-next.net across from Embassy
Bayview on Roxas has small pool. $83 walk in but $45 thru travel agency
City Garden 536 1451 (which one?) Sundowner 400 7351
Celestive? 525 3347 near Swagman
Rivera Mansion http://www.rivieramansion.com/index.html
Ermita Tourist inn, small but nice rooms, 660pesos.
Malate Pension 523 8304 (-06) P600-1500 no guests info@mpensionne.com www.mpensionne.com.ph
Adriatico Pensionne Inn 404 2300/404 3430 no windows P600 Penthouse 2250
Lotus Garden Hotel http://www.citygardenhotels.com/ 522-1515 $40+
Cherry Blossoms Hotel 5247631 blossoms@i-manila.com. or: blossoms@i-manila.com.ph
2floor suite for 2400?
Copacabana, Pasay $49 reserv. 833 9898 / 831 8711 www.copasuites-manila.com / info@copasuites.com
Heritage www.heritagehotelmanila.com
Hyatt Pasay xxx
Sogo Hotel WHERE new rooms 1695 incl breakfast 522 7646 / 523 0873
Hotel SOGO Rotondo – Short time hotel near Taft and Edsa
Sofitel Philippine Plaza Hotel $60+, CCP complex http://www.hoteltravel.com/philippi...stin_ermita.htm

Trader’s Hotel, south of Harrison Mall on Roxas. NUMBER??? basement bar ISIS?
Also in that area: Century Park (south), Alona, Sogo, Hotel Victoria (all are north of H mall.)
Stargate pensionne at Adriatico street in malate. Deluxe 1100 pesos, guest friendly
Orchid Suites (across street from ANA hotel and 1 block from Harrison Plaza). Has POOL / $40

MAKATI
Dusit Makati, $80+, girl friendly. Pool and buffet breakfast for 2.
Oxford Suites, 6700 333 Burgos, right in the middle of the action. around 2,200 ($90 posted)
http://www.oxfordsuitesmakati.com/ reservations@…

Citadel Inn, Burgos St. 750 8762 reservation@citadel-inn-makati.com www.citadel-inn-makati.com
***same place? Century Citadel Hotel is walking distance from the strip. $40. Via www.asiatravel.com OR beeline@kokomos.com , who will pick you up at the International Airport on arrival.

Great Eastern Hotel (www.greateasternhotelmanila.com) on Makati Ave at Peso 2100 for a Deluxe room.
Lobby is on the fourth floor, so you have to change elevators.
City Garden Makati. 3000-3500P Mkti ave, near Burgos street. Big rooms, Makati avenue. Only two lifts
Gilarmi for about $40. on ayala ave., across from glorietta ayala mall.
Sunnete Tower 632-897-1804 beside City Garden, 2500pesos.
The rooms are big with living room bedroom kitchen and bathroom with tub and shower.
BURGOS
Durban St. Inn.....Tel. (632) 897-1866 to 68 Fax (632) 895-4838
durbanstreetinn@yahoo.com

Towelboy2010
01-14-08, 05:37
Time for Bob to chime in with a bit more info, budget, expected daytime activities, etc.

XHere's the medium version.

I met this girl thru a married Filipina living in California. That is an interesting story in itself. Oh why not. I have been in search of someone interested in a marriage relationship. I have been to the Phils 3 times in the last year to meet Ms. Right but each time ended in not finding Ms. Right. I got frustrated with all the time I was wasting by email & chat so I wrote a lengthy letter (7 pages in Word) I called my "Clarification Paper". In it I was upfront about who I am and what I'm looking for. My intent was to weed out those who were probably not right for me. Well it was hellishly effective because about 90% of the girls who got it either didn; t respond or responded they are not my girl.

There was one girl, Jerlyn, who was so shocked by it that she sent it to her cousin, the married one in CA (Virgie). One day I get an email from Virgie and she explains the situation on how she got ahold of me.

So the long and short of it is she has introduced me to several of her friends and I am going in March to take one last chance that this might actually work.

My one requirement is that they all be able to meet me in Manila because I don't feel like running all over the Philippines to meet everyone. At present I have about 12 names on my "dance card".

One of Virgie's friends lives in Cebu. I know she doesn't have the financial means, so I agreed to buy her a ticket to Manila. She has also been upfront about NO SEX from the very beginning. And I am ok with that. I believe she will stick to it since she has a 5 year old daughter and is scared to death of getting pregnant again. I have "hinted" at birth control, but you know. So she agreed to stay in another room. And that way I can make a trip or 2 or 3 to the LA CAFE that night.

Regarding my budget, my 3 trips there in a year have left me very tight financially. So I told her I would get her a room, but it would not be an expensive one and she doesn't care. The Pensionne room is perfect and very cheap 600 php. It has a shared bath, but I told her she can shower and change at my place before bed and in the morning.

Hope this helps clarify my situation.

For me the help I received here has benn invaluable. Thanks.

Towelboy. Bob

PS. If anyone is in a similar situation, you can have a copy of my paper to scare off the dead weight. LOL.

Towelboy2010
01-14-08, 06:08

XI got carried away on my last post and missed the mark on Xman's questions.

I have a room reserved at City Garden Suites. I will put my date up at the Malate Pensionne.

I have no idea what to do during the day except talk, maybe go to the Mall of Asia for the umpteenth time <yawn> and maybe a movie. I went to Corregidor Island last March with my date, Michelle - who, by the way, became my fiance last March 24 - but Michelle did not come to the USA, even tho I got her a finace visa. Go figure.

Maybe I should write a book - on how NOT to do it. LOL.

I plan to spend my days and evenings with Jing (Cebu). At evenings end, she can shower at my hotel. I will accompany her in a taxi to Malate Pensionne to make sure she gets there ok, then the taxi can drop me off at the LA Cafe.

That's all she wrote.

Bob

X Man
01-14-08, 11:17
Towelboy, I suspect your posts will create a lot of chatter in the next few days. i'm chaffing at the bit to respond, but there's 43kilos of Japanese cuteness in the next room and she needs my attention...badly. No, that's a lie...I need her attention badly. The rice cooker (the machine, not the girl) and we'll have dinner. Good thing she is the quiet type...

Just a quick thing to think about...you need to know about Phil culture, and therefore it's great that you are visiting Phil, but writing a letter saying that you don't want to run all over the Phil meeting women clearly shows them that you expect women to come to you...maybe you are a playboy, maybe you are a girl a day guy - in their mind.

I've heard stories of guys putting an ad in the paper and interviewing prospective brides in his hotel room....and if they didn't get there gear off in the first thirty minutes the interview was over. There are some real a-holes out there...on both sides. If I've heard these stories, you can be sure the girls have.

Back to your letter...You have clearly underestimated the Fil tendency for jealousy. Their emotion is what we both love and hate about them...

Yikes...the rice is ready.

X

Soapy Smith
01-14-08, 18:14
I have a room reserved at City Garden Suites. I will put my date up at the Malate Pensionne.

I have no idea what to do during the day except talk, maybe go to the Mall of Asia for the umpteenth time <yawn> and maybe a movie. BobT B,

For reasons you already know and others that X Man has suggested, it seems like you're swimming against the current here. But, in the outside chance that you and Jing really hit it off and you want to make an impression on her, here's a suggestion for what to do with her in some of your spare time.

City Garden Suites is about 2 1/2 blocks from Rizal Park. Since this time of year is a little cooler than other times, walking short distances isn't out of the question. Walk with her to the park, and especially to go see three gardens on the North side (toward Intramuros, the opposite side from where your hotel is). There may be a very small admission fee for each of the gardens. The Chinese garden is a relaxing place with small waterfalls and ponds and lots of benches and soft places to rest. I've noticed that Filipino couples seem to go there and find places to sit or lie down to make out. Indulge if you and she are inclined. Remember, sometimes it's about building an appetite.

The Japanese garden is kinda so-so, but the real attraction is the Orchidarium, a lush little tropical garden with lots of exotic flowers and plants, ponds, streams, and a walkway under a waterfall. There's also a natural food restaurant within the garden, if you really want to impress her. This garden is so well kept it's almost out of character for the Philippines, and it's only possible because some Japanese corporate sponsor is on board. The orchidarium is near the Northeast corner of the Park -- if you walk to the park from your hotel, go across the park and then to the right.

Stand In I
01-20-08, 22:24
x man has an interesting list of manila hotels. it is impressive in breadth, covering many hotels. i have stayed at several hotels on his list, and have visited many of them to see if they would be suitable for me especially since i hate to pay more than us$30 for a 3-star hotel room.

there are some minor points about the list and i have a few answers to apparent questions stated on the list, as follows:

- "iseya hotel rooftop bbq: sunday 5-7:30". about a year ago, i tried the bbq when i saw it advertised in front of the hotel. in dec 2007 on a sunday, it was not advertised in front.

- "pan pacific $85". this price might be a corporate rate. but, even when the exchange rate was us$1 = 50 pesos (instead of the current 41 pesos), the lowest room rate for this hotel was closer to us$115.

- hotel rates. i am guessing all the hotel rates cited on the list are at least a year old and are probably older. with the drop of the us dollar value over the past 12 months, the hotel price in pesos would be about 20 percent higher when paid in us dollars.

- "hyatt pasay xxx". that was the hyatt regency hotel located on roxas blvd, about a half block north of edsa road and heritage hotel, in pasay city. it was closed about a year ago. do not confuse this hotel name with the hyatt hotel, located on pedro gil street, between del pilar and mabinit streets.

- "sogo hotel where new rooms". sogo hotels are a chain of short-time hotels located throughout the city, which has many short-time hotels under other names. the sogo hotel in question is located on the side road about 100 feet from the east end of the block that has the copacabana and heritage hotels. or, another way to locate it is come out of the edsa international entertainment center and run for your life dodging the heavy and speeding traffic across edsa road to the side road. some of its rooms might be new, but many rooms were probably re-modeled due to its being situated on the site of another short-term hotel. the room i visited was in an old building behind the front building. room rates increase with the number of hours you want it and vary with the type of room. in the middle of an overnight power outage, like a typhoon, filipino families are waiting in the lobby to rent a room. it is not a bad idea to rent a room in a short-time hotel, when other hotels are full or you need one for a few hours, about us$10, like arriving on a dawn flight.

- "century citadel hotel is walking distance from the strip. $40. via www.asiatravel.com or beelineatkokomos.com, who will pick you up at the international airport on arrival. " several comments. first, beeline travel agency is located in angeles city and its pick up is intended to transport you to angeles city or a few other cities. second, i heard swagman hotel offers a free pick up service from the manila international airport (also known as naia) to its hotel in ermita; but, i also heard that sometimes the hotel forgets the pickup and the hotel is a dump and not worth the price, except to aussies. swagman hotel is convenient for taking the 500-peso fly-the-bus to angeles city. third, i believe that the century citadel hotel is the century citadel inn, which was already listed as citadel inn.

- "gilarmi for about $40. on ayala ave. , across from glorietta ayala mall. " the entrance is located on a back street that runs parallel to ayala ave.

i do not know of a good travel agent for manila hotels, but have had good services with travel agents in angeles city. the latter might be of help with manila hotels.

in general, i view all manila hotels offering a room for $70 or less as over-priced. also, a 3-star hotel in manila is of definite lesser quality that a 3-star hotel in bangkok or pattaya, and have at least one major drawback that makes the 3-star rating questionable. so, i am reluctant to recommend any hotel in manila, other than hotels priced over $100.

thanks, x man, for your list. there were a few names that were new to me, which i will check out.- maybe next summer.

editor's note: i would suggest that the author or another forum member consider posting a link to this report in the reports of distinction thread. please click here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

BuleDaddy
01-20-08, 23:49
Had a SHORT layover in manila, exited immigration, walked down the walk way, seriously a 3 minute walk, my manila GF was waiting, got the room for about 2600 peso, had about 8 hours of great sex then back to airport and took off. Room was clean, didn't try any food or anything else but did see a lot of food being sent up to the rooms and it looked decent.

Compared to Somerset Apartment, Shangri La, Dusit, from what I was concentrating on for a few hours, the airport hotel definitely fit the bill. For more then a couple hours, nah, not for me, for a quick sex layover, definitely worth it. That was a nice tranist ;)
They will be there to make sure you don't stray!!

Member #3428
01-21-08, 02:58
They will be there to make sure you don't stray!!

That's for sure, I had a back up ready to taxi over and had to quietly sms her not to come over. :)

Cebu Steve
01-21-08, 04:58
Anyone stay at the Millennium Plaza Hotel?

How is the place? Recommend?

How far from LA Cafe?

Thanks for any info.

CS

Aussiec
01-21-08, 05:19
Yes I stayed there in November. Its in the makati entertainment district about 3 blocks from bars (safe walking distance). Its problably the most affordable Hotel in the Makati area at about $50. 00 a night. I thought the rooms to be very comfortable and clean. The only draw back is they do not have room service and the emminities are very limited. However it is safe, girl friendly and in nice location. It is cross the street from Best western. If you like Massage and extra Don Pedro is 5 min walk. LA Cafe is about 20 min taxi ride so pretty far away. LA Cafe is in malati where Millenium Hotel is in Makati. If you want to be in Malati near LA Cafe I suggest Exectutive Plaza which tends to be pricey and if you are on budget I suggest Aloha Hotel on Roxas Blvd which is not far from LA Cafe and Harrison Plaza where you can get some action as well, (see board).

Good Luck

World Guy Sh
01-23-08, 16:29
Staying in Manila for two nights in a couple of weeks. Thought I would do one night on Burgos and one night at EDSA with a bit of sightseeing during the day.

I've RTFF and been trying to make a hotel selection. As I am there for a short time I don't mind throw a bit of money at the problem and staying somewhere decent (say US$100 per night). Oxford Suites does well on Tripadvisor but people here seem less keen (stains on rugs, smell etc).

Having read that pretty much ALL Manila hotels are GF so not so worried about that (please correct me if I select a dud below)

So was thinking of the following options (costs for two nights) which is best value?

Bellagio $128 (total)
Oxford Suites $198 Junior Suite
City Garden $204 Exec delux double
Somerset Millenium $200 Studio Executive
Dusit Niko $234 Standard
Renaissance Makati City Hotel $310

Pushing the boat way out with that last one. Will report back in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime be grateful for any views

Thanks

WGS

Delbert
01-23-08, 21:14
Decent hotel in Makati in the 3000-5000 peso range?

Any recommendations?

Wicked Roger
01-24-08, 15:39
Staying in Manila for two nights in a couple of weeks. Thought I would do one night on Burgos and one night at EDSA with a bit of sightseeing during the day.

I've RTFF and been trying to make a hotel selection. As I am there for a short time I don't mind throw a bit of money at the problem and staying somewhere decent (say US$100 per night). Oxford Suites does well on Tripadvisor but people here seem less keen (stains on rugs, smell etc).

Having read that pretty much ALL Manila hotels are GF so not so worried about that (please correct me if I select a dud below)

So was thinking of the following options (costs for two nights) which is best value?

Bellagio $128 (total)
Oxford Suites $198 Junior Suite
City Garden $204 Exec delux double
Somerset Millenium $200 Studio Executive
Dusit Niko $234 Standard
Renaissance Makati City Hotel $310

Pushing the boat way out with that last one. Will report back in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime be grateful for any views

Thanks

WGS
Oxford Suites is fine I stay there a lot and City Garddens as well as the more upmarket ones. But the prices you are quoting are sky high. Go to hoteltravel.com you can get OS for less and Dusit etc. i know as I have just done it

Try teh ewbsite it is very efficient.

If you like Burgos then Oxford is my choice get a deluxe room though

Member #3428
01-24-08, 15:55
Oxford Suites is fine I stay there a lot and City Garddens as well as the more upmarket ones. But the prices you are quoting are sky high. Go to hoteltravel.com you can get OS for less and Dusit etc. i know as I have just done it

Try teh ewbsite it is very efficient.

If you like Burgos then Oxford is my choice get a deluxe room though

I think he was saying cost was for two nights not one night, if those were costs for one night I agree he's way way off. I like somerset and dusit personally but I have a local GF so don't have to try to find one. However I have to say that Dusit is probably not worth the costs they charge.

HenryV
01-24-08, 22:02
Anyone know if Traders Hotel (3001 Roxas Boulevard) is girl friendly.

Thank you.

Wicked Roger
01-25-08, 05:05
I think he was saying cost was for two nights not one night, if those were costs for one night I agree he's way way off. I like somerset and dusit personally but I have a local GF so don't have to try to find one. However I have to say that Dusit is probably not worth the costs they charge.
Thanks you are right, need the reading glasses:D

Dusit is OK depends on the price range, its central enough for me as is Intercon but that get pricier by the month. OS is always a good bet.

I tried Somerset it was OK and I would go again. Basically when you are mongering you need a nice room, clean sheets and a large enough shower (for hopefully 3 people :D)

Sometimes I get 2 hotels so any girl that becomes too 'attached' does not turn up at the hotel unexpectedly or waits outside. So I say am leaving Manila etc and then check in elsewhere.

Member #3428
01-25-08, 10:43
Sometimes I get 2 hotels so any girl that becomes too 'attached' does not turn up at the hotel unexpectedly or waits outside. So I say am leaving Manila etc and then check in elsewhere.

Yeah, had to do that a few times in BKK and Manila. One time left one hotel, dropped the girl off at the airport (she flew in from the province) the taxi driver thought he was taking me to the international airport after that, but we went straight to pick up second girl and go to the second hotel.

Always nice to have a back up just in case. Somerset is usually my main stay, Dusit is usually my back up, the reseravtion lady and me are good friends by now.

Soapy Smith
01-25-08, 10:58
From time to time people have posted links to various online hotel reservation systems. Here's another one. I came across it for the first time recently.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/philippines/manila/pearl_manila_hotel.html

While we're on the topic, has anybody stayed at the Pearl Manila and have a sense whether it's girl friendly? It's a little too far to ask the girls from LA Cafe to walk, but its location is great for business I may end up doing near Taft and UN Avenue for my day job. I'd feel dumb taking a cab there from LA, but the girls would probably appreciate the cab.

Notanocker
01-26-08, 01:40
World Guy Sh, there is no need to pay US$104 for each night of a two night stay. Locate the hotel's online reservations facility and pay about US475 per night for an excellent fourth or seventh floor one bedroom suite. There is even a DVD, but no swimming pool as only City Gardens Makati (not Ermita) has latter. If staying for a week, then pay a much cheaper P19600 for a one bedroom suite but do avail of this you need to telephone the hotel as the online reservations facility does not extend to weekly or longer stays ata discounted rate. You will not go hungry as Robinsons Mall is 300 metres away: for socialising, G Point is 150 metres away and LA Cafe about 400 metres distant.

Traveler1234
01-26-08, 03:23
Need some help and advice from the Manila experts. I haven't visited for a few years now and also stuck in a different location: Linden Suites, in Ortigas Center area. I'm also stuck as one of my regional executives is traveling with me, and will probably be in town for 36-48 hrs only.....so it makes it doubly difficult to get out by myself to Makati, and Edsa, etc.

I thought of AirForce 1 - getting there a couple of hours before I fly out, but.....

Does anyone have any suggestions re what's available in relative close proximity to my hotel. I don't usually use escort services, and in other countries usually have a few numbers for room service.

Any help is appreciated - please pm if you prefer posting. Thanks

Amavida
01-26-08, 04:35
From time to time people have posted links to various online hotel reservation systems. Here's another one. I came across it for the first time recently.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/philippines/manila/pearl_manila_hotel.html

While we're on the topic, has anybody stayed at the Pearl Manila and have a sense whether it's girl friendly? It's a little too far to ask the girls from LA Cafe to walk, but its location is great for business I may end up doing near Taft and UN Avenue for my day job. I'd feel dumb taking a cab there from LA, but the girls would probably appreciate the cab.

Agoda is ok, i have used them but in comparison to Asiarooms.com they are slow. Asiarooms.com is good prices & FAST efficient reservations in my experience.

Pearl manila is ok by Manila standards but you may want to try other hotels depending on you budget/time frame.

Girl friendly? I'm amazed how often this is asked.. if you pay for a double occupancy & behave with decorum, 99% of hotels regard it as none of their damn business who you sleep with. This is especially so in Asia & doubly so in 'entertainment' districts.

Taxi's? Use them, this is Asia, save yourself hassles & save energy for later ;)

Happy mongering
Amavida

Amavida
01-26-08, 04:45
Need some help and advice from the Manila experts. I haven't visited for a few years now and also stuck in a different location: Linden Suites, in Ortigas Center area. I'm also stuck as one of my regional executives is traveling with me, and will probably be in town for 36-48 hrs only.....so it makes it doubly difficult to get out by myself to Makati, and Edsa, etc.

I thought of AirForce 1 - getting there a couple of hours before I fly out, but.....

Does anyone have any suggestions re what's available in relative close proximity to my hotel. I don't usually use escort services, and in other countries usually have a few numbers for room service.

Any help is appreciated - please pm if you prefer posting. Thanks

Linden suites is classy boutique hotel, I have stayed there, its nice.
Since its in Ortigas Its half way to any of the entertainment districts. Ermita or Makati. So be prepared for some longish taxi rides.

Im not sure what you are asking..
Are you wanting to know how to slip out for a quick root some where?
Am I right?
Or can you bring something to your room?
If you are time poor & well healed shoot over to P. Burgos, pay a ridiculous amount of money for a woman there either in a booth or bring home for the night.
If you have more time you can go browsing elsewhere.

Happy mongering
Amavida

Soapy Smith
01-26-08, 05:43
Girl friendly? I'm amazed how often this is asked.. if you pay for a double occupancy & behave with decorum, 99% of hotels regard it as none of their damn business who you sleep with. This is especially so in Asia & doubly so in 'entertainment' districts.AmavidaMy definition of "girl friendly" involves taking a girl to the room to "visit" for two hours when you have paid for single occupancy. In some places there is virtually no difference in price between single and double occupancy, but at some places there's considerable difference.

Thanks for the note about slower transactions with this outfit.

Porty
01-26-08, 06:41
Ok you have 2 or 3 clubs there, about 1 klm away from manila direction from the shopping center.

Not sure about bar fine but here is the low down ok.

1st club face to face : entrance minium to beers 70 peso okay. LD glass i thnil 240 but be cafe 450 if bottle watch for the switch. have vip rooms 1200 pseo for 1 hour includes 3 beer s for you and 4 LD i think or maybe 2 beers and 3 ld but who drinks this anyway. Chat to girl between 1000 and 1500 ok but will ask for 2000.

papasun is gay blading guy chat to him tell him what you like! he will go get the girls one at a time. One dancer on stage then change. a lot of janpanese and koreans so get there early 9.30pm. later around midnight candle wax shows etc. but don't get conned into letting them do it to you as they have oil on so it does not hurt but the men they get up on stage don't and burns like hell. also most totally nude dancing show you everything.

Quality of girl Hm i left this to last. well it would rank up near Aeana in cebu.
I was shocked to see in such a small town. I did say to this girl 5'6" hair to waste 45 kg 34 b tits. that why is she here as she could easly get work in the top clubs in manila. Answer was its close to home and she use to work at mystique which is a top club.

example of how it is there she had to dance left me did 3 dances and totally nude lovely pussy showing in front of the Koreans, then left the stage holding her dress( the size of a hanky) in front of her pussy. Walked over to me gave me the biggest kiss and then sat down to finish her drink still completly naked it was so cool. well after that went to VIP room LOLhad some fun.

Club okay many sofa's seats a little warm but yes aircond, vip 1 i had 2 large sofas tv great aircond .

the next club is 500 meters opposite side of the road further up, called nightshift! that was the club i intended to go but never got there as my reports said it was better than face to face!
How recent is this report ! November 2007 So its very accurate, as i said i don't know about bar fine, but my experience is money talks. don't forget give papasun drink he will look after you, the girl promised me to say she was good to papasun.! hm thats different

Best of luck hope this helps you. Maybe i should post this in other areas , but its still manila right

World Guy Sh
01-26-08, 08:41
Thanks you are right, need the reading glasses:D

Dusit is OK depends on the price range, its central enough for me as is Intercon but that get pricier by the month. OS is always a good bet.

I tried Somerset it was OK and I would go again. Basically when you are mongering you need a nice room, clean sheets and a large enough shower (for hopefully 3 people :D)

Sometimes I get 2 hotels so any girl that becomes too 'attached' does not turn up at the hotel unexpectedly or waits outside. So I say am leaving Manila etc and then check in elsewhere.Yes, prices I quoted were for two nights - but even so I thought the one night rate was too high. Have been via asiarooms, expedia, ebookers and prices all seem to be at this type of rates :( Looking for 6-8th Feb.

Cheers for thoughts. Will elt you know where I end up and the 'fun'.

WGS

Traveler1234
01-26-08, 14:11
Linden suites is classy boutique hotel, I have stayed there, its nice.
Since its in Ortigas Its half way to any of the entertainment districts. Ermita or Makati. So be prepared for some longish taxi rides.

Im not sure what you are asking..
Are you wanting to know how to slip out for a quick root some where?
Am I right?
Or can you bring something to your room?
If you are time poor & well healed shoot over to P. Burgos, pay a ridiculous amount of money for a woman there either in a booth or bring home for the night.
If you have more time you can go browsing elsewhere.

Happy mongering
Amavida

Sorry I wasn't clearer. Don't have time for long taxi to Makati or Ermita and prefer to bring home. Assume Linden is GF....?

Porty - thanks for the info on the two clubs nearby.

HornyGeorge
01-30-08, 23:26
Not all hotels or Pensiones in PI are "guest friendly" and some may impose joiner fees and the like. Better to ask BEFORE making reservations, although enforcement may vary based on staff etc.

In particular, places affiliated with Churches like Bethel Guest House in Dumaguette are not guest friendly at all. Big City Hotels likely less of an issue than in provincial towns.

A couple examples in Manila, Malate Pension may be secular, but no guest rule is enforced apparently (have not stayed there in 15+ years but the rule apparently remains). Pearl Hotel will charge for joiners unless you can bribe the guard in downstairs elevator lobby.

Amavida
02-01-08, 02:14
My definition of "girl friendly" involves taking a girl to the room to "visit" for two hours when you have paid for single occupancy...

Hey Skip, If you are going to be stingy about paying for a double occupancy then, yes, everywhere you go in the world hotels will give you hassles about taking a second person to your room. Who do you think is gonnaa pay for the laundering of the extra towels your companion uses pre/post shag?

Late last year I ended up in the delightful situation of having FOUR girls wanting to spend the night with me at city state hotel in Ermita. :)

Before taking them to the hotel I rang the hotel form my taxi & informed them i would be having 2 extra guests (i had paid for a double) & would they put an extra bed in my room & bill me.

Result? No problem. Walked in the foyer with four giggling gorgeous girls, collected my room key, we proceeded up stairs & a good night was had by all... :)

Compare this to guys who have stand up fights with front desk hotel staff & the embarrassment over a lousy few bucks difference for a double booking in the first place. I can't believe guys who do this. No class. Frankly if a person is so poor that they cant afford decent accommodation then they should'nt be there in a foreign country trying monger in the first place.

You do realise that the ONLY thing that makes you attractive to the pinay girls is that you have more MONEY than the local pinoy guys???

Happy Mongering!
Amavida

Soapy Smith
02-02-08, 05:50
Hey Skip, If you are going to be stingy about paying for a double occupancy then, yes, everywhere you go in the world hotels will give you hassles about taking a second person to your room.

Compare this to guys who have stand up fights with front desk hotel staff & the embarrassment over a lousy few bucks difference for a double booking in the first place. I can't believe guys who do this. No class. Frankly if a person is so poor that they cant afford decent accommodation then they should'nt be there in a foreign country trying monger in the first place.

You do realise that the ONLY thing that makes you attractive to the pinay girls is that you have more MONEY than the local pinoy guys???

Happy Mongering!

AmavidaThis kind of moralizing is a little over the top A. If it's stinginess that dictates whether somebody stays in an inexpensive vs. an expensive hotel, how would we explain the overall motivation for going to a Third World country where the low cost of a couple hours of sex is largely a function of poverty and lack of employable skills? In my case I have always either paid a walk-in price or gotten a price from phone-in reservations. In every such instance the reservations people did not distinguish pricewise between having one or two occupants in the room, nor did their take-away brochures make a price distinction. From everything I ever saw in the half dozen or so places I've used in the Ermita area, there was no apparent difference in price for one guest as opposed to two, and the roooms came equipped with anywhere from two to four bath towels. I have never knowingly paid for only one occupant when I should have paid for two. The first time I ever encountered the distinction was in an online listing for one Manila hotel. The costs for handling and laundering a couple extra towels would hardly match the difference in price that was listed.

For my part I always tipped generously in Philippine business establishments -- waiters, waitresses, hotel doormen and bell hops. I leave generous tips for the maids who clean the room, well beyond what is locally customary. I do not low-ball the girls with whom I share my bed, and I would never get in an argument with a hotel employee over trying to sneak a girl in rather than pay the correct amount. I might argue with a doorman who attempted to extract a bribe from the girl when she goes to retrieve her ID card from him, but I never found that necessary.

Since the difference in price for single vs. double occupancy seems to apply only at some establishments, that would be useful information to share in this forum. I can report that in my experience there was no difference in price at Rothman, Las Palmas, Executive Plaza, Boulevard Mansion, or Cherry Blossoms.

I think my point is that a hotel that charges a much higher price for a woman who spends two hours in the afternoon or early evening in the room -- as compared to what they charge for me alone -- is not girl friendly.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

HornyGeorge
02-05-08, 01:01
Well put Skip. There is a HUGE difference between being koriput (cheap charlie) and wasting money. Eating and drinking from the mini bar in an expensive hotel, for example, is only for those with money to burn. Ditto making overseas calls from a hotel, exchanging money there, or having them do your laundry. So why pay extra to have a guest when you don't have to? PLENTY of hotels don't charge extra but you should ask at time of booking to make sure.

Like you Skip, I would rather give some extra pisos to the workers (including working girls) rather than to the large corporations who own the upscale hotels.

Amavida: when you mention having nothing to offer Filipinas other than your money, please speak for yourself. Some foreigners actually DO offer the local girls something in addition to a well stocked ATM card (like treating them better than Pinays do, willingness to lick their pussy, larger cock, not smoking etc etc.)). Also, a fair number of Filipinas really ONLY like foreigners even if rich Pinoy guys like them.

JayCar2014
02-07-08, 12:59
I looking for those short stay or “love “ hotels with the different themes. I have RTFF and searched in all the threads but can’t find any reference to them although I'm sure I saw a post about a chain of them in Manila well over ayear ago. Google only throws up accommodation booking sites. Can anyone help?

Captain America
02-07-08, 18:39
BillPSU, not only is traders girlfriendly, they have a bar with take-out in the besment. Do be discreet since this is a little classier than most of the ermita joints.

HornyGeorge
02-07-08, 23:21
Nicholaus: there is a HUGE cluster of them behind the Heritage Hotel on EDSA at Roxas. They do not take advance bookings, but you can always find a room at one of them. The best chain is Victoria Court. A deluxe costs 1670 Pisos for 24 hours (800P for only 3 hours). VERY nice rooms with fridge, cable TV etc).

The Cheapest chain is Sogo, a Japanese themed place but not nearly as nice as Victoria Court. About half the cost (like 400P for 3 hours).

Marconista
02-08-08, 05:33
for u: http://www.victoriacourt.biz/latest/index.htm

and also SoHotel in Malate, but I can not find their homepage.
However - this is the info from MTC:

SOHOTEL Room types and rates

3 hours stay/ 12 hours stay/ 24 hours stay:

Mini-standard - 399 (no 12 and 24 hours allowed)
Standard - 500+/ 800/ 1,200
Standard with Glow - 500+/ 830/ 1,250
Deluxe (w/ & w/out garage) - 700+/ 1,100/ 1,600
Deluxe with bathtub - 800+/ 1,150/ 1,680
Deluxe with jacuzzi - 800+/ 1,300/ 1,850
Suite - 1,300+/ 1,950/ 2,650
VIP suite - 1,700+/ 2,350/ 3,200

*Massage service for P500 (Call 30 mins before desired time, strictly massage only)
*24 hour room service and service car available
*Free breakfast for 24 hours staying guests from 6am to 9am
(Pls call operator for the breakfast choices. Not from the menu)

Address: 2016 M.H. del Pilar st. Malate, Manila
Phone nos: 521-4341 to 44

So Hip, So You, SOHOTEL!

I looking for those short stay or “love “ hotels with the different themes. I have RTFF and searched in all the threads but can’t find any reference to them although I'm sure I saw a post about a chain of them in Manila well over ayear ago. Google only throws up accommodation booking sites. Can anyone help?

Marconista
02-08-08, 05:49
My experience is that most hotel where breakfast is included will charge you extra if you bring your guest for breakfast if you book single room.
If you book a double room in advance the breakfast is included.
In Manila Hotel they add usd.10 for double room.
In Sofitel, if you stay at a club room, you automatically have breakfast for two persons.
In Hyatt (Malate) they never charged me any additional for bringing a guest to the breakfast room. This was also a club room/business class room.

Captain America
02-08-08, 17:44
nicholas. search for SOGO or just short-time hotels. The sogo refrence is actually in this thread. on the first page of messages, sooooo, little RTFF would probably help a lot.

Captain America
02-08-08, 18:26
nicholas. search for SOGO or just short-time hotels. The sogo refrence is actually in this thread. on the first page of messages, sooooo, little RTFF would probably help a lot.

Soapy Smith
02-08-08, 20:09
My experience is that most hotel where breakfast is included will charge you extra if you bring your guest for breakfast if you book single room.The key is to read closely in the online booking system. At most of the Ermita hotels I have found in the online systems, the room price is the same for two people as for one. Las Palmas, Boulevard Mansion, and Cherry Blossoms did have complimentary breakfast, and various other hotels indicate in their online information that breakfast is free. Las Palmas no longer advertises free breakfast. I have sometimes been asked when I checked in whether I will be having a guest. I tell a little white lie, saying, "yes I will, but I do not have my guest's name or contact information with me." They usually respond, "okay sir, we can fill that in later when she checks in." And then, if I plan to pick up an LT, I ask for the two meal tickets.

I repeat: read the online booking information closely; paying extra for a guest may be true for the Manila Hotel, but this is the exception to the rule.

JayCar2014
02-09-08, 10:42
Thank you Captain America, Thank you Captain American did RTFF and searched but didn’t use the right terms to find Short Time Hotel. Never been to PI and only been to Thailand 20 years ago and there known as Love Hotel. Next time I will know to use the Term SOGO. Big Thanks to Marconista.

Blink157
02-09-08, 12:02
The key is to read closely in the online booking system. At most of the Ermita hotels I have found in the online systems, the room price is the same for two people as for one. Las Palmas, Boulevard Mansion, and Cherry Blossoms did have complimentary breakfast, and various other hotels indicate in their online information that breakfast is free. Las Palmas no longer advertises free breakfast. I have sometimes been asked when I checked in whether I will be having a guest. I tell a little white lie, saying, "yes I will, but I do not have my guest's name or contact information with me." They usually respond, "okay sir, we can fill that in later when she checks in." And then, if I plan to pick up an LT, I ask for the two meal tickets.

I repeat: read the online booking information closely; paying extra for a guest may be true for the Manila Hotel, but this is the exception to the rule.

Hi,
when I stayed last time at Hotel Frendy in Ermita I expcect a filipina friend (wife of my german friend) at the hotel lobby in the morning, to hand out some gifts to her. I was just takin my breakfast (included in the roomrate) and offer her to join, so she ordered also.

When she left I ask them to pay for the additional breakfast, but they say its ok. So, obvioulsy its allways 2 Breakfast included in this hotel, even you have a guest who doesnt stay with you the night :)

Happy hunting

Blink

El Fuego
02-11-08, 23:28
Very near the former Grand Boulevard hotel and Casino Filipino. Searched the forum and not a single hit.

Questions:

Anyone ever rented a condo in this building?

Too far from the action? (I don't mind walking a little.)

Is security in a building such as this likely to be girl-friendly?

Other recommendations for known GF condos in the Malate area?

Buds66
02-23-08, 13:13
Hi brothers!

A quick answer for a next travel: how much it costs now one room to Executive Plaza in Malate (best rate or promotional one)?

Thanks

X Man
02-23-08, 15:18
Glad to hear that blink. When did this happen? I was there two years ago and had nothing but bad exp in Frendy. Frendy is NOT Friendly.

Evil eye to my girlfriend (at that time), who happens to also work hotel receptionist. Girlfriend picked up on the evil eye right away. I didn't say anything, but as soon as we got into the room she excalimed, "I don't ever want to see her face again."

I was told I could only take my free breakfast in the room, but, like you, I went down to the lobby and had breakfast.

Had a door that had to be shouldered in order to lock. I complained. That evening found that the cleaners had left the door unlocked.

More complaints and the reply was "ok".

But things do change, places do get remodeled, and shitty staff do get replaced. I do remember that the rooms were large.

X

Hi,
when I stayed last time at Hotel Frendy in Ermita I expcect a filipina friend (wife of my german friend) at the hotel lobby in the morning, to hand out some gifts to her. I was just takin my breakfast (included in the roomrate) and offer her to join, so she ordered also.

When she left I ask them to pay for the additional breakfast, but they say its ok. So, obvioulsy its allways 2 Breakfast included in this hotel, even you have a guest who doesnt stay with you the night :)

Happy hunting

Blink

Blink157
02-24-08, 13:31
Glad to hear that blink. When did this happen? I was there two years ago and had nothing but bad exp in Frendy. Frendy is NOT Friendly.

Evil eye to my girlfriend (at that time), who happens to also work hotel receptionist. Girlfriend picked up on the evil eye right away. I didn't say anything, but as soon as we got into the room she excalimed, "I don't ever want to see her face again."

I was told I could only take my free breakfast in the room, but, like you, I went down to the lobby and had breakfast.

Had a door that had to be shouldered in order to lock. I complained. That evening found that the cleaners had left the door unlocked.

More complaints and the reply was "ok".

But things do change, places do get remodeled, and shitty staff do get replaced. I do remember that the rooms were large.

X
Hi,
I stayed there 4 weeks ago...yes things changed and I liked the big rooms, its the best value for money and the location is excellent, just a short walk to LA cafe, BLOG internet cafe..etc etc etc...
Dont change money at the money changer next to Hotel Frendy (if you face hotel frendy , money changer is on the right side, money changer on thel eft is ok, those with arabic signs/writing are mostly all ok)
For a quiet room I recomand Swagmann hotel, those rooms on the ground floor are very quiet, on the other side, no window, but quiet..cant have it all :D....If I have to leave the country from NIA airport I often book a room for half day on swagmann to get fresh on the plane, mostly my flights depart around midnight time..so plenty of things to do...

Enjoy your stay and write some info about Cebu,I miss that place, real gud gurls, nice people....Im back next month, PM me if u want to meet up for a beer..i dont smoke and for a german Im a moderate drinker

Happy hunting

Blink

Soapy Smith
02-24-08, 21:48
Hi brothers! A quick answer for a next travel: how much it costs now one room to Executive Plaza in Malate (best rate or promotional one)? Thankshttp://www.agoda.com/asia/philippines/manila.html

Designate location within the city as Malate and sort by either most popular or lowest price. They usually have listings for Executive Plaza.

http://www.asiarooms.com/

Set search parameters for Philippines, Manila, Ermita and Malate, and your specific dates. Executive Plaza may or may not turn up, but Las Palmas, which is right next door to Executive Plaza, is owned by the same people and offers very similar features and possibly a little lower price.

If these websites don't show up as hotlinks, I trust you can export them to your browser.

Ploughman
02-25-08, 07:08
Greetings from Manila! Am on a short trip here and just thought I'd add some hotel experience, FWIW. Orbitz had a great deal back in late August and through September 2007 (now long gone) where you could save $200 if you booked at least 5 nights in one of their hotels outside the U.S.

The deal didn't have that many strings: Hotel had to be $40 or more per night, some were excluded, and they got about $25 of the $200 back through junk fees. I booked Palm Plaza in Malate for 5 nights and it totaled just over $123 all-in, or around $25 nett/night.

It has been okay overall, though I'd say Executive Plaza is nicer. Since those & Las Palmas and a select few others are tied to international sites like Oribitz and competition between those sites has been heating up, you *may* be able to score a good deal with enough lead time. Hotels.com recently had a $15-off/night special for people on the mailing list, for example.

Overall, though, I think the building & opening of new places will have to catch up to demand to slow the increase in rates.

W20415
02-26-08, 12:11
I am traveling to Manila April 1. The best package I have been able to find with air /hotel is the Oxford Suites, Any know about it. How far to EDSA? How far is it to Roxas and malls? I assume it is GF. Can someone advise?

Thanks

Manfest
02-26-08, 20:43
I am traveling to Manila April 1. The best package I have been able to find with air /hotel is the Oxford Suites, Any know about it. How far to EDSA? How far is it to Roxas and malls? I assume it is GF. Can someone advise?

If you use the search function on the upper right hand side of this page, you will find 2 dozen mentions of the Oxford Suites, helpful information, and answers to all your questions. Otherwise, RTFF

GoodEnough
02-26-08, 23:46
I stay there frequently. In fact, I'll be there next week. The hotel is on Burgos St. in the midst of the bar area. The good news is that the rooms are very nice; they're large and clean and fairly well maintained. As you might imagine, being located in Burgos, girl friendliness is not an issue. The bad news is that, because it's located on Burgos, you're swarmed by every tout in Manila as soon as you walk out the door. There will be people trying to sell you everything from viagra and cialis to sunglasses, clothes, watches, dvds and novelty items.

There's a small, but fairly attractive lobby area, and a cafe just off the lobby where breakfast is served. The breakfasts, which I think are included in the price of the room, are quite large and not bad. There's also a restaurant on one of the other floors, I think it's the 7th, but I've never gone in there. The elevators, of which there are four, are slow sometimes, since there appear to be too few of them for the number of rooms in the hotel.

All and all, if you can tolerate being on Burgos St., it's not a bad place to stay. The drive to EDSA in normal traffic is about 15 minutes, and the drive to Roxas Blvd., depending on where on Roxas you want to go, will take about 25-30 minutes.

GE

W20415
02-27-08, 00:35
Thanks for the info GoodEnough and Manfest. Thats what I needed to know. I 'm sold. I am booking this trip. Any one going to be in Manila April 1-6 please let me know. I could use a wing man. This is my first time in PI so I am pumped.

W20415
03-01-08, 03:13
Ok had to change plans. The package I wanted was no longer avail. I booked a flight seperately. Problem- I don't get in to Manila until 11:55 pm. I would like to hit EDSA. Thought about Copa Cabana. Any one know if I can check in at 1:00AM? How close is it to EDSA? Most likely transfer to Roxas on day 2.

Dan 357
03-01-08, 13:53
I have checked in there around that time and it wasnt a problem. The EDSA complex is right across the street from the Copa. The fun part is crossing the 8 lanes of traffic on foot. Watch how the locals do it and you should be okay.

Ilongo_boy
03-03-08, 20:29
Hello Mongers,

Has anyone here stayed at CEO Suites Hotel on Jupiter and Makati Ave.? I normally stay at City Garden down the road.

Thanks,
IB

GoodEnough
03-06-08, 04:39
I checked into the Oxford Suites this morning after the plane ride from Zamboanga. I arrived at about 9 AM and, since the hotel was fully booked, had to wait a couple of hours to get into my room. It's a corner room and the nicest I've ever had here. Large, with a little balcony, new furnishings, a large bed, and a nice view from the 23rd floor. I'm paying Php2800 a night including breakfast, but this is a corporate rate and I'm not sure it's generally available.

GE

Dead Star
03-11-08, 21:08
I'm thinking of staying in the Philippines for 2 or 3 months and would like to rent a decent apartment in Makati. Looking to spend no more than 800 US$/month on a decent apartment in a nice area. The apt must have an excellent internet connection. Any recommendations?

Ilongo_boy
03-11-08, 21:19
I checked into the Oxford Suites this morning after the plane ride from Zamboanga. I arrived at about 9 AM and, since the hotel was fully booked, had to wait a couple of hours to get into my room. It's a corner room and the nicest I've ever had here. Large, with a little balcony, new furnishings, a large bed, and a nice view from the 23rd floor. I'm paying Php2800 a night including breakfast, but this is a corporate rate and I'm not sure it's generally available.

GE

Thanks for the info GE. Just trying to negotiate a corporate rate with them for Deluxe and Junior Suite rooms. Did you stay ina junior suite?

I have about the same rate for City Garden.

IB

GoodEnough
03-11-08, 23:43
Thanks for the info GE. Just trying to negotiate a corporate rate with them for Deluxe and Junior Suite rooms. Did you stay ina junior suite?

I have about the same rate for City Garden.

IB
I think it was classified as an "Executive" room but I'm not really sure. I do know that it was larger than the other rooms I've had there though the amenities seemed about the same.

GE

Fifty Fifty
03-12-08, 10:21
I'm thinking of staying in the Philippines for 2 or 3 months and would like to rent a decent apartment in Makati. Looking to spend no more than 800 US$/month on a decent apartment in a nice area. The apt must have an excellent internet connection. Any recommendations?

Hi I met a few guys in Makati a couple of weeks ago. They had rented very good Apartments just 5 mins away from Burgos at 8000 PHP per month, all in with good internet too. No idea where they got them from, but saw plenty advertised in the bars there. My advice is to check into cheaper hotel such as Best Western Astor ($52 from Asiatravel) then do local hunting for a day. im sure you will find best option.

My opinion Cebu is a better otion if you have the choice, Makati expensive and dirty lol. You could try any of the well recommended ''Other Places'' in this forum, lots of fun and so much cheaper. I definitely will next time back.

Cheers, F/Fifty

Dead Star
03-12-08, 14:17
Cheers fifty. Yeah, I'll probably get a cheap hotel for a few days and try to hunt out an apartment. I'll take a look at Cebu. The reason for me wanting to go there for a few months has nothing to do with mongering really, I'm just fed up of the UK weather and need some heat!

HornyGeorge
03-13-08, 19:26
W20415: Better value 1 block behind Copacabana are a cluster of love motels. No reservations accepted, but not needed either as there are so many. The nicest is Victoria Court, 12 hour rate is about 1200 P, 24 hour rate is 1670 (this is fore Deluxe room). Great service, porn on the TV and a well stocked fridge and they have in room food service to boot.

NONE of the tout problems like in Malate. If you stay at Palm Plaza or Executive plaza or anywhere in that area, the vendors and beggars are all over you. Almost none of that down by EDSA/Roxas. MUCH closer to airport too (meter from domestic terminal is 47. 50 Pisos if no traffic).

Blink157
03-20-08, 19:02
Cheers fifty. Yeah, I'll probably get a cheap hotel for a few days and try to hunt out an apartment. I'll take a look at Cebu. The reason for me wanting to go there for a few months has nothing to do with mongering really, I'm just fed up of the UK weather and need some heat!

Hi,
have you ever been to the Philippines?? I guess not...If you dont go for mongering, why you want to stay in a big dirty polluted city??if you go now its going to be very hot during the day..You cant just walk around, its polluted and hot..if you just fed up of the UK weather go to an island...try Mindoro, Puerto galera, it can be reached easily by bus from Manila and then you take a Ferry to go there. If I go to the Phils for no mongering I certainly wouldnt stay in an for tourists over priced area (makati) I would hit the islands.

Cebu is ok also, cause its a great start to explore the neighbouring islands (Bohol or Leyte)

Hope that enlighten your travel plans, if u stay in Makati you can just count the lizards at the wall during the day :D aside from shopping, fast food and mongering not much to do..ah yes...of course they have many night clubs, live bands, etc..but much better if u go to an island..Philipines have 7107 of it..

Good luck!!

Blink

Cunning Stunt
03-20-08, 20:09
Cheers fifty. Yeah, I'll probably get a cheap hotel for a few days and try to hunt out an apartment. I'll take a look at Cebu. The reason for me wanting to go there for a few months has nothing to do with mongering really, I'm just fed up of the UK weather and need some heat!Blink 157 is right - the Philippine summer starts about now and is with us till the rains hit about June. If you think a pinoy summer will be nice after the misery and cold of UK weather, think again, particularly if you are spending time in big cities. The heat is unrelenting, its hot, hot, hot. Best hop down to P. Galera or Boracay or go island hopping. As many members of the Philippine ISG will tell you there is much more to the country than Manila, Cebu City and Angeles (although you need to spend there for the mongering and to find a female travel companion) and to see the real Philippines you have to hit the road.

Hope you have a great time. Happy punting.

Amavida
04-18-08, 10:32
.. There's also a restaurant on one of the other floors, I think it's the 7th, but I've never gone in there...
GEGE the restaurant is up to the same standard as the rest of the hotel ie quite good. Service s Philippines slow but otherwise efficient & the food ok. I take GF's there even if Im not staying there because its quiet & not crowded.
AV

Warbucks
04-18-08, 14:31
How is the place really? I am thinking of shooting down there next month. I don't want to take the ole lady to defacto redlight district. Is it good for square couples?

Amavida
04-18-08, 14:45
How is the place really? I am thinking of shooting down there next month. I don't want to take the ole lady to defacto redlight district. Is it good for square couples?G'day D Etat, Puerto Galera is a family holiday place. You have to go elsewhere (Sabang?) for red light. You will be fine.
AV

X Man
04-21-08, 15:08
Puerta Galera is the port city. Many people take a ferry to PG, then ground transportation over the hill to Sabang - which has a beach. There are other beaches (La laguna) in the area of Sabang and those beaches are where you want to stay if you want to avoid any red light atmosphere.

Nevertheless, there are other beaches in the Puerto Galera area. Someone once recommended White Beach, San Isidro.

D'etat, I recommend you ask AV for more details since I haven't been there in many years. I'm sure he can give you the best information.

X

How is the place really? I am thinking of shooting down there next month. I don't want to take the ole lady to defacto redlight district. Is it good for square couples?

El Greco
04-21-08, 20:09

Went there on 8th April. Took a taxi from Malate to Batangas for 2.500 p. 2 1/2 hrs drive due to road constructions. At Batangas I had to wait about 1hr 45 min for the next ferry to Puerto Gallera's White Beach. Price about 350p and 1hr 15min sailing.

White Beach is a small place with a nice beach and with too many young Filippinos on vacation. Stayed at a hotel in the middle of the beach for 1.800p/night. Very basic but there are not many to choose from. Thank God we had to leave on Friday because it was already booked for the weekend.
Beeing a Greek that place was nothing compared to the Greek islands.
Nice beach but very small, very noisy and spoiled place for my taste.
No mongering at all there. Too many Baklas though. Ladyboys I mean.
Maybe because there are no hookers there

I had to go there to meet my Greek wing man for the rest of my time in Philippines and Thailand. I don't think I will ever return there.

One evening we took a tricycle to Sabang 500p return. Also small place there with a few girlie bars and a nice upscale, price wise, hotel. Lots of tourists and even a castle that some loco Austrian build it as we were told.

Did't like the place too. Actually I did't like anything about Philippines. Thailand is way much better with many more options. Even Angeles city is a miniature of Phattaya.

It seems I am very spoiled from South America and the Greek Islands LOL.

El Greco

Member #4491
04-21-08, 21:33
Hello HornyGeorge!

Is this the place?

http://www.victoriacourt.biz/latest/north_edsa.htm

GE told me about a entertainment center in Edsa and from what I can understand its is close to the airport as well. Seems just right to try to stay there some time on my way down to Mindanao.

Cheers B.

W20415: Better value 1 block behind Copacabana are a cluster of love motels. No reservations accepted, but not needed either as there are so many. The nicest is Victoria Court, 12 hour rate is about 1200 P, 24 hour rate is 1670 (this is fore Deluxe room). Great service, porn on the TV and a well stocked fridge and they have in room food service to boot.

NONE of the tout problems like in Malate. If you stay at Palm Plaza or Executive plaza or anywhere in that area, the vendors and beggars are all over you. Almost none of that down by EDSA/Roxas. MUCH closer to airport too (meter from domestic terminal is 47. 50 Pisos if no traffic).

Soapy Smith
04-22-08, 04:21
Hello HornyGeorge! Is this the place?

GE told me about a entertainment center in Edsa and from what I can understand its is close to the airport as well. Seems just right to try to stay there some time on my way down to Mindanao. Cheers B.This place is definitely not near the EDSA entertainment complex. Keep in mind that EDSA is a major road that starts in the South of the metro area near Manila Bay, swings way to the East, then North, then eventually back West again to Manila Bay (although up in the North it changes name to Samson and then something else). It forms sort of a semi-circle around the metro area. The EDSA entertainment complex is in the Southern part, in Pasay City. This Victoria Court that you've found is in Caloocan City way up in the Northern part of Metro Manila. Good luck finding the place near the EDSA complex, but keep in mind that a lot of the less classy places do not have websites. Contact for some of these places is limited to phone or walk-in.

Smiley2
04-22-08, 17:21
Is this the place?

Cheers B.No, That's the other end of EDSA which is 42 a kilometer long perimeter road.

This is the one near the International Entertainment Center.

http://www.victoriacourt.biz/latest/cuneta.htm

Bob Bowie
04-23-08, 10:10
Hi I met a few guys in Makati a couple of weeks ago. They had rented very good Apartments just 5 mins away from Burgos at 8000 PHP per month, all in with good internet too. No idea where they got them from, but saw plenty advertised in the bars there. My advice is to check into cheaper hotel such as Best Western Astor ($52 from Asiatravel) then do local hunting for a day. im sure you will find best option.

Cheers, F/Fifty8000 a month is a grea price, wish I could find the place. I am going to be in Manila for a week or so getting dental work done, then hit Cebu and Davao for a month each.

FYI the Astor only has internet in the lobby/ bar area.

Member #4491
04-23-08, 22:46
Ok, I understand. Thanks for the reply.

I have to find myself a map of Manila.

This has maybe been answered before - sorry if thats the case - but is Edsa entertainment center close(ish) to the airport?

What do you experts prefer? Edsa entertainment center or burgos street? I just transfer one night normally and why not make the most of it.

Thanks / Barba.

Fifty Fifty
04-24-08, 06:42
FYI the Astor only has internet in the lobby/ bar area.Yep and it costs extra too!! So.

I stayed on the 6th Floor (twice), stuck laptop in window and 'hi-jacked' free use of one out of three ''unsecure'' Wi Fi connections I found there.

I will await the barrage of ''Nawty boy'' messages, but it worked ok for me.

Cheers,

F/Fifty

Cybergirl
04-24-08, 10:11
Try Horizon Hotel. P2000 per day for a twin room.

It's near Robinson Pioneer Manila.

X Man
04-24-08, 16:35
ISG is for men looking for sex with women, but we sometimes get dental work done during our lustful stays. Please give us a report about prices and recommended dental experts.

X

BTW, Cebu and Davao for a month each?

8000 a month is a grea price, wish I could find the place. I am going to be in Manila for a week or so getting dental work done, then hit Cebu and Davao for a month each.

FYI the Astor only has internet in the lobby/ bar area.

Smiley2
04-25-08, 16:29
Ok, I understand. Thanks for the reply.

I have to find myself a map of Manila.

This has maybe been answered before - sorry if thats the case - but is Edsa entertainment center close(ish) to the airport?

What do you experts prefer? Edsa entertainment center or burgos street? I just transfer one night normally and why not make the most of it.

Thanks / Barba.EDSA International Entertainment Center is 15 to 25 minutes from the airport terminals depending on traffic.

Generalizations: Burgos is more expensive and lady drink pressure is heavier than EDSA. The average Burgos bar girl is prettier than the average EDSA girl.

I've never enjoyed Burgos because I'm a cheap guy (who loves Angeles City). I've had really good experience with EDSA barfines.

Soapy Smith
04-26-08, 06:52
I have to find myself a map of Manila. Thanks / Barba.Go to a National Bookstore or other major bookstore and get a Metro Manila Citiatlas book. The A2 version is about 190 pages and costs less than 200 pesos. Great detail and thorough indexes for each separate city in the metro area.

Soapy Smith
04-27-08, 06:12
we sometimes get dental work done during our lustful stays. Please give us a report about prices and recommended dental experts.About a year ago I had work done by a dentist in one of the tall apartment buildings across from Ateneo University in Quezon City. Complete teeth cleaning and xrays, all done by the female dentist (no separate dental hygienist): total cost 850 pesos. The xrays were taken because I had a cracked filling in a molar and had been told by stateside dentist that I needed a "cap" at about $600 after dental insurance paid their part. Philippine dentist said she could drill out and replace the filling, no need for a cap. She did: cost 1500 pesos. Both of these were the total bill; no insurance involved. For the teeth cleaning I walked in and made an appointment for 24 hours later. The filling repair was scheduled for one week later but probably could have been done a day or two after the cleaning. The upshot is this: dentists are everywhere and inexpensive, and you don't have to wait three months to get an appointment. Based on my one experience they are also competent. The only difference in my view was that her equipment would have been considered leading edge about 8-10 years ago. She did not have one of those state-of-the-art machines that supposedly combines ultrasound with spray for the cleaning. Big deal.

HornyGeorge
04-27-08, 20:41
The other member posted the link for the correct Victoria Court (Cuneta).

As others mentioned, EDSA Complex is not as expensive and is more friendly. Makati bars tend to be more pushy about buying drinks. The average in the Makati bars may be a 6 and at EDSA a 5, but if you look around you can find 8s at either. GFE is way more common from EDSA girls too. Try Cotton Club at EDSA about 10pm.

As to the comparison of the Greek islands to the Philippine islands, I will say that while the Greek Islands may have better beaches and cleaner water they sure don't have better bitches. Greek chicks are FUGLY. Maybe that explains why so many Greek men are gay. The term "greek" is widely used to refer to anal sex because so many of the Ancient greeks were into sodomizing each other (its is something they left out of the film "300" about the Spartans battling the invading Persians at Thermopylae).

Notanocker
04-28-08, 11:58
SkipKost, you speak the truth re dentists if my experience of one in Pasay City is any guide. Seven months ago, I had extensive work done. Since then, not a single problem, not something I can say about my long term Australian dentist. Colleagues - find your self a Filipino dentist by word of mouth and you will be smiling at the low cost.

X Man
04-30-08, 13:11
Hmmmm, someone has neglected to give the appropriate information.

Some are good and some are not. I had some good work up in AC, but has some really shitty service at Mall of Asia.

X

SkipKost, you speak the truth re dentists if my experience of one in Pasay City is any guide. Seven months ago, I had extensive work done. Since then, not a single problem, not something I can say about my long term Australian dentist. Colleagues - find your self a Filipino dentist by word of mouth and you will be smiling at the low cost.

Ruben X
05-19-08, 08:12
Hello,

I'm wondering how the locals will view my staying at hotels very close to LA Cafe or to the Burgos strip. I am hoping to visit in July or August, and want to sample the wares but am also looking at a possible DiA hookup or two. If I stay at the Executive Plaza Hotel close to LA Cafe, or at Oxford Suites or City Garden Makati, which both seem to be right next to Burgos St, is that going to be just too obviously obvious to my DiA potential friends?

For example, in Thailand, if one stays in Pattaya, there is clearly almost no other reason that you're there. On the other hand, in Bangkok if you have a hotel in Sukhumvit, you can get away with it since that's where a bunch of great hotels are. Clearly I have been to Thailand and not to the Philippines.

How much would I be pushing my luck by staying at these places? Are there classy alternatives still allowing for my seriously duplicitous nature?

Devils 1
05-19-08, 23:05
Hello,

I'm wondering how the locals will view my staying at hotels very close to LA Cafe or to the Burgos strip. I am hoping to visit in July or August, and want to sample the wares but am also looking at a possible DiA hookup or two. If I stay at the Executive Plaza Hotel close to LA Cafe, or at Oxford Suites or City Garden Makati, which both seem to be right next to Burgos St, is that going to be just too obviously obvious to my DiA potential friends?I think they are going to wonder no matter where you stay. In my opinion, they view all of us as mongers. Which is what we are. The experiences I have had every woman seems to assume you are there for no other reason than to get laid as much as possible. With that in mind, it seems that is the whole point of DIA also, so I don't think those girsl are going to be the ones complaining. Also, there are so many good and untapped resources for women in "the PI" that you many be wasting your time with DIA?

Wicked Roger
05-20-08, 16:36
I think they are going to wonder no matter where you stay. In my opinion, they view all of us as mongers. Which is what we are. The experiences I have had every woman seems to assume you are there for no other reason than to get laid as much as possible. With that in mind, it seems that is the whole point of DIA also, so I don't think those girsl are going to be the ones complaining. Also, there are so many good and untapped resources for women in "the PI" that you many be wasting your time with DIA?

I have done that and taken non WGs to the hotel in those areas (Burgos mainly) - they dont care IMHO. They know they will likely get laid so as long as the room is clean and nicee, with a fully stocked mini bar and room service, they will not worry about your choice of hotel or location. Just my view.

Marconista
05-20-08, 16:39
One lady I chatted with commented on that I was staying in Ermita, saying the area was full of h00kers, so she was wondering what I was doing there. I told her that I was staying at the new 5* Hyatt Casino and Hotel, and I was there for work, not for ladies ;) (which was true, actually).
So - Ruben X; Its a good hotel, and VERY GF.

Hello,

I'm wondering how the locals will view my staying at hotels very close to LA Cafe or to the Burgos strip. I am hoping to visit in July or August, and want to sample the wares but am also looking at a possible DiA hookup or two. If I stay at the Executive Plaza Hotel close to LA Cafe, or at Oxford Suites or City Garden Makati, which both seem to be right next to Burgos St, is that going to be just too obviously obvious to my DiA potential friends?

For example, in Thailand, if one stays in Pattaya, there is clearly almost no other reason that you're there. On the other hand, in Bangkok if you have a hotel in Sukhumvit, you can get away with it since that's where a bunch of great hotels are. Clearly I have been to Thailand and not to the Philippines.

How much would I be pushing my luck by staying at these places? Are there classy alternatives still allowing for my seriously duplicitous nature?

Fifty Fifty
05-21-08, 05:29
Hello,

I'm wondering how the locals will view my staying at hotels very close to LA Cafe or to the Burgos strip. .................................How much would I be pushing my luck by staying at these places? Are there classy alternatives still allowing for my seriously duplicitous nature?

One idea is to do what I did, stay just over the road from Burgos at Best Western Astor. Reasonable, old but good, 4 star Hotel, booked through www.asiatravel.com for $52 per night. It is a 2 minute walk to Burgos, but as it is on the other side of the road, on corner of Makati Ave etc the address does not seem to be associated with Burgos at all.

It is so GF that the door staff were applauding when I went out with one girl who had stayed the night and returned less than 5 mins later with another, actually it had all been by arrangement and luckily timed to perfection, but it looked good to them.

Cheers, F/Fifty

HornyGeorge
05-21-08, 23:50
If you stay at Hyatt or Diamond, you can say your company picks up the bill and you have little choice. Or in Makati at Shangril La, Nikko etc. But if you stay at the Executive Plaza (near LA Cafe) or anyplace on PBurgos (including Best Western Astor which is good value for the area), you are marking yourself as a possible monger. NOT smart. Get a cheap room at Sogo or something close to where you will monger, but STAY elsewhere.

PS Executive Plaza is HORRIBLY NOISY! Then there are the worst touts in Manila trying to rip you off one way or another (money exchange, Viagra, Rolex etc). And the traffic is DREADFUL. When I FIRST came to the Phil many years ago I thought it made sense to stay in Malate/Ermita. Now I ONLY go there for restaurants and bars and I lodge FAR away from the touts, away from the masses of chain smoking Koreans, away from the traffic and noise.

Hobby Knob
05-25-08, 15:13
In the past, people have asked if a certain hotel was girl friendly or not. I don't think I have ever read anyone say NO.

So....my question is this. Are there any Non-GF hotels to avoid? If so, has anyone compiled a list?

Thanks...

Looking for a wingman on 7-25. Either edsa or P. Burgos...or both.

Poghril
05-25-08, 16:09
I was thinking about booking the Crown Regency in Makati (http://www.crownregencyhotels.com/makati.php) next time I'm in Manila.

Did anybody ever stay there? What's its location like and is it GF?

Thanks

Psdai
05-26-08, 00:53
Hello,

How much would I be pushing my luck by staying at these places? Are there classy alternatives still allowing for my seriously duplicitous nature?Back before I retired out of the military I used to stay at the Boulevard Mansion all the time. It is located less than 50 meters from the back of LA Cafe. Was that the reason I stayed there? - no, I stayed there because it was a decent place with nice suites and in close proximity to the Embassy where I had to go for work daily. Add to that the affordable pricing and I loved it. To make things better my room on the thrid floor allowed me to look right into the pool (billards) area of LA's upstairs, so I knew if I wanted to go over yet or not.

No one ever cared that I stayed there, good girl and bar girl alike. To them a hotel is a hotel. Same went for the Diamond everytime I stayed there although alot more pricey.

Soapy Smith
05-26-08, 06:00
Back before I retired out of the military I used to stay at the Boulevard Mansion all the time. It is located less than 50 meters from the back of LA Cafe. Was that the reason I stayed there? - no, I stayed there because it was a decent place with nice suites and in close proximity to the Embassy where I had to go for work daily.I don't know how long ago you did your service, but the Boulevard Mansion is beginning to show some wear and tear. It has a few things to recommend it:

It's reasonably inexpensive, it's only about a block from LA, rooms on three sides have a view out on to Manila Bay, and many of the rooms have full kitchens and even provide dishes and cookware. And on another forum a guy reported staying there in September 2006 when typhoons knocked out Manila's power for several days: Boulevard Mansion had its own generator and never skipped a tick. Until Mayor Lim wiped out Baywalk, it was also right across the street from decent live music and a few passable eateries. It has one other less obvious advantage: Since it's right on the frontage street for Roxas Boulevard, visitors can arrive and depart via taxi without being exposed to the red light district which is Ermita. So for a guy who's juggling some Ermita mongering and time spent with "good girls" who are staying elsewhere, you could actually bring the good girls in and out.- or meet up with them in the lobby.- without rubbing their noses in the sleazy looking areas a block away from the Boulevard Mansion.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Fifty Fifty
05-26-08, 06:20
Hi Hobby Knob, I could be up for a trip to Phils around that time. Have sent you a PM

Cheers, F/Fifty

Blackangst
05-27-08, 17:43
In the past, people have asked if a certain hotel was girl friendly or not. I don't think I have ever read anyone say NO.

So....my question is this. Are there any Non-GF hotels to avoid? If so, has anyone compiled a list?

Thanks...

Looking for a wingman on 7-25. Either edsa or P. Burgos...or both.

Although Ive never stayed there, I had a friend who stayed at Pan Pacific and got a little flak bringing a girl back. Ive read similar experiences at the $100 plus/nite places on other boards. They typically cater to a different clientel anyway and have a high standard.

Wicked Roger
05-27-08, 19:53
Although Ive never stayed there, I had a friend who stayed at Pan Pacific and got a little flak bringing a girl back. Ive read similar experiences at the $100 plus/nite places on other boards. They typically cater to a different clientel anyway and have a high standard.

The $100+ night hotels I can comment on. IMHO they are GF. Intercon, Dusit, Shangri La, Mandarin, Peninsula stayed in all and none have even asked. They have on the exit stopped the girl and called up.

Saw Japanese monger with a WG in Dusit (and mamasan/friend) and she checked in with passport but never asked me :). Japanese ghuy then took his 'date' shopping at 7/11! She was lovely and shopping would not be on my menu.....

As for high standards etc ...well they accept me :D

Wizard561
05-27-08, 23:08
Stayed at the Peninsular for aver a week, very GF friendly in terms of staff and door people, mind you I did take the advice of the other board members and tipped well on the first day.

No issues with stuff but for the guys that have stayed at the Peninsula the lobby lounge that you have to walk through on your entry and exit was always fun as the looks varied from envy LOL to disgust.

Wizard

Ruben X
05-28-08, 04:44
I was thinking about booking the Crown Regency in Makati (http://www.crownregencyhotels.com/makati.php) next time I'm in Manila.

Did anybody ever stay there? What's its location like and is it GF?

ThanksI am also thinking about staying there. It looks close to the Havana Cafe in Greenbelt mall, and roughly halfway between Burgos and Edsa. I've searched and saw that their sister resort on Cebu is GF. But there seem to be no mentions of this particular hotel.

if you (or anyone else) stay or have stayed there, please report.

Notanocker
05-28-08, 13:42
Hobby Knob, if you RTFF I seem to recall the Malate Pensione or similar being one of the few to be mentioned as allegedly non-GF.

I understand that City Garden Suites in Ermita (and I presume its two stablemates, one in Ermita and City Garden in Makati) are certainly GF.

If you are apprehensive, it is good advice to tip the first time you have the door opened for me, or see the concierge or doorman. They all appear to remember faces very well, and I suspect word soon spreads - in a positive way for you. And if there is ever any trouble from anyone else in your room....

Redfield10
06-07-08, 23:12
Ok, here's the deal. I've not been to the PI before, but Thailand 5 times. Plan on going for about 16 days late Oct. And early Nov. With a trip to Bangkok of about 5 days sandwiched in the middle of my trip to the PI.

So. I'm thinking 5 days Manila and maybe 4 days Cebu.

In Manila, I'd like to do some mongering, but also find some "regular" girls for possible gf material. , etc. Can anyone suggest a decent hotel in the 50-70 dollar range. (approx.) perhaps in Makati (a friend told me this area is good because it's not a total dump but also close enough to taxi to LA Cafe, etc.). That will not be so suspicious to non-P4P types that I might meet?

Thanks!

Soapy Smith
06-09-08, 06:51
Anybody know anything about any of these three hotels? Are they GF? New Solanie is near Taft and Pedro Gil. Park Plaza, which Xman once characterized as a good place to put up a non p4p GF, is a few blocks further East in the Paco district. And Hostel 1632 is across Adriatico from Rothman Hotel. These places are just a little removed from the brightest redlights of Ermita, so it might be possible to justify to non-mongering business associates why I'm staying at them. Online reviews suggest that Hostel 1632 has separate rooms but small. But if it's really a hostel, like some of the pensionne places, it may be impossible to bring in an ST female visitor. All input appreciated. Skip

Fast Eddie 48
06-09-08, 07:00
Ok, here's the deal. I've not been to the PI before, but Thailand 5 times. Plan on going for about 16 days late Oct. And early Nov. With a trip to Bangkok of about 5 days sandwiched in the middle of my trip to the PI.

In Manila, I'd like to do some mongering, but also find some "regular" girls for possible gf material. , etc. Can anyone suggest a decent hotel in the 50-70 dollar range. (approx.) perhaps in Makati (a friend told me this area is good because it's not a total dump but also close enough to taxi to LA Cafe, etc.). That will not be so suspicious to non-P4P types that I might meet?

Thanks!Redfield,

There are many hotel in the LA Cafe area for 70 usd range,Pan Pacific in Malate is a nice 4 star hotel has a casino inside and only 10 min walk to LA cafe.

Fast eddie 48

Redfield10
06-09-08, 08:06
Hi.

I'm a first time visitor to the PI. Been to Thailand 5 times. But thinking 15 dayhs in the PI this time. Split between Manila, Cebu. Maybe Boroacay. (sp? ).

I hear the Makati area is a little bit more upscale, but I don't want a super expensive hotel. Maybe 55-80 bucks. That's GF. Maybe not too obvioius to non p4p types. But also not too far from the action.

I don't think I have any interest in Angeles City. But LA CAfe, EDSA, etc. Sure.

Is City Garden a good choice and how much, etc? Any other ideas?

Thanks.

R

Hello Mongers,

Has anyone here stayed at CEO Suites Hotel on Jupiter and Makati Ave.? I normally stay at City Garden down the road.

Thanks,
IB

X Man
06-09-08, 12:27
Skip, the place i once recommended was Paco Park Oasis hotel -- maybe due north of Executive Inn, north of Taft Ave. It's not in a great location, but has a pool, nice atmosphere, and is next door to the small but attractive Paco Park. It is girl friendly.
http://www.parkhotel.com.ph/

X

Anybody know anything about any of these three hotels? Are they GF? New Solanie is near Taft and Pedro Gil. Park Plaza, which Xman once characterized as a good place to put up a non p4p GF, is a few blocks further East in the Paco district. And Hostel 1632 is across Adriatico from Rothman Hotel. These places are just a little removed from the brightest redlights of Ermita, so it might be possible to justify to non-mongering business associates why I'm staying at them. Online reviews suggest that Hostel 1632 has separate rooms but small. But if it's really a hostel, like some of the pensionne places, it may be impossible to bring in an ST female visitor. All input appreciated. Skip

Cunning Stunt
06-09-08, 18:35

Hi Skip, Think Hostel 1632 is the fairly new place opposite the Malate Pensionne and like that place is aimed mainly at backpackers and families so is unlikely to be GF.
Has anyone tried Hotel Kimberly on Pedro Gil? It is fairly new and looks ok from the outside and is conveniently located at the Taft end of P Gil, near the LRT. Its pretty close to Robinsons and the Ermita action but far enough away to maintain some respectibility. But is it GF? Rooms start at around $60. GF

Emale
06-10-08, 02:37

Thanks!

MAKATI

http://www.citygardenhotels.com/ (also in Manila)

http://www.oxfordsuitesmakati.com/ (right in the middle of P Burgous bars)

http://makatipalacehotel.com.ph/portal/

MANILA

http://www.hotelkimberly.com/

http://www.tropicana-apt-hotel.com/ (my favorite, big rooms and a swimming pool)

http://www.executiveplazahotel.com/

These are just a few and they should all have some type of room in your price range.

Hotels like the Pan Pacific and the Hyatt, etc are going to be a little more expensive.

Soapy Smith
06-10-08, 08:07
Skip, the place i once recommended was Paco Park Oasis hotel -- maybe due north of Executive Inn, north of Taft Ave. It's not in a great location, but has a pool, nice atmosphere, and is next door to the small but attractive Paco Park. It is girl friendly. http://www.parkhotel.com.ph/ XYup; that's the place. Looks like Paco Park is right at the end of Padre Faura, about three blocks Northeast of Taft. When you say it's not a great location, do you mean it's a nasty neighborhood or that it's 8 blocks from Robinson's and 15 from La Cafe?

Soapy Smith
06-10-08, 08:13
Hi Skip, Think Hostel 1632 is the fairly new place opposite the Malate Pensionne and like that place is aimed mainly at backpackers and families so is unlikely to be GF.

Has anyone tried Hotel Kimberly on Pedro Gil? It is fairly new and looks ok from the outside and is conveniently located at the Taft end of P Gil, near the LRT. Its pretty close to Robinsons and the Ermita action but far enough away to maintain some respectibility. But is it GF? Rooms start at around $60. GFG,

Hostel 1632 is almost three blocks North of Malate Pensionne. It's in the first block of Adriatico south of Pedro Gil. I've eaten breakfast there but couldn't make out much else about it. You may be right about non-GF.

I like your respectability quotient. By that equation Paco Park is even more respectable than Kimberly.

Cunning Stunt
06-10-08, 19:15
G,

Hostel 1632 is almost three blocks North of Malate Pensionne. It's in the first block of Adriatico south of Pedro Gil. I've eaten breakfast there but couldn't make out much else about it. You may be right about non-GF.

I like your respectability quotient. By that equation Paco Park is even more respectable than Kimberly.

Yes, I was thinking about the new place opposite Malate Pensionne. Don't know its name but it looks a good choice for budgeteers but if it anything like Malate Pens it probably isn't GF. My area of expertise on Manila hotels tends to be concentrated on the short time variety:D

Guess you are right about the respectability quotient and it would be a nice idea to publish a hotel list on a scale of 1 to 10 depending on proximity to the Ermita, EDSA or Makati sleaze zones. Therefore somewhere like Palm Plaza would be a sleazy 10 whereas somewhere in a respectable area (if there is one in central Manila) would be a tame 1. Sure would be useful for mongers visiting PI for the first time. Wonder if the Philippine Tourist Board would be interested ;)

Redfield10
06-11-08, 01:54
Thanks, Emale..give me more info...

MAKATI

MANILA

http://www.tropicana-apt-hotel.com/ (my favorite, big rooms and a swimming pool)

These are just a few and they should all have some type of room in your price range.

Hotels like the Pan Pacific and the Hyatt, etc are going to be a little more expensive.

Redfield10
06-11-08, 02:10
Does anyone know if I need to book a double room at City Garden in order for me to take women up. Or is a single ok?

Thanks

MAKATI

MANILA

Soapy Smith
06-11-08, 05:30
Guess you are right about the respectability quotient and it would be a nice idea to publish a hotel list on a scale of 1 to 10 depending on proximity to the Ermita, EDSA or Makati sleaze zones. Therefore somewhere like Palm Plaza would be a sleazy 10 whereas somewhere in a respectable area (if there is one in central Manila) would be a tame 1. Sure would be useful for mongers visiting PI for the first time. Wonder if the Philippine Tourist Board would be interested ;)I have all the work I can handle right now, so couldn't see myself starting it, but do you s'poze there's a market for a Horny Planet travel series for mongers? Although you couldn't sell them in Borders or Waldenbooks, maybe they could be sold from adult websites and shipped to arrive in a plain cardboard carton. A little guide like that would be much more compact than a laptop and never face the problem of no WiFi signal for those of us who depend on the forum to retrace information.

Emale
06-11-08, 07:52
Thanks, Emale..give me more info...
Like..... are they girl friendly ? Yes they are.

As for paying for a double, I always pay that because it just a few dollars more and it avoids any potential for problems. Most hotels will ask to see the girl's ID but they will not ask you to register them at the desk, though the girl will probably have to register with the guard. The girls know the drill. They will also call you when the girl is leaving to ask if that is OK. It's to your benefit but I have never had any reason to stop the girl. Let me know if you need more information.

Cunning Stunt
06-11-08, 09:10
I have all the work I can handle right now, so couldn't see myself starting it, but do you s'poze there's a market for a Horny Planet travel series for mongers? Although you couldn't sell them in Borders or Waldenbooks, maybe they could be sold from adult websites and shipped to arrive in a plain cardboard carton. A little guide like that would be much more compact than a laptop and never face the problem of no WiFi signal for those of us who depend on the forum to retrace information.

Horny Planet, good one. We could have a monthly magazine, called Mongering Times or something. Think there is a mongers travel guide already, published by one of this sites competitors, whose name I dare not mention.

Speaking of adult sex guides and major bookshops, has anyone else noticed the sheer hypocrisy of the likes of Borders, Waterstones and the like. In their travel sections, on open display, are queer travel guides such as Spartacus etc, whereas heterosexual travel guides nada. It is as if those real perverts who like to give or take in up the arse (and their female equivalents) have more respectibility than us normal fellows out to have a good time on their hols. Why is that? Anyone any idea??

Afterthought - also recall that Lonely Planet openly recommend gay bars and areas for bummers to get off but god forbid that they would mention a p4p bar/area except in derisory terms.

Fifty Fifty
06-11-08, 10:17
Horny Planet, good one. We could have a monthly magazine, called Mongering Times or something. Think there is a mongers travel guide already, published by one of this sites competitors, whose name I dare not mention.

Speaking of adult sex guides and major bookshops, has anyone else noticed the sheer hypocrisy of the likes of Borders, Waterstones and the like. In their travel sections, on open display, are queer travel guides such as Spartacus etc, whereas heterosexual travel guides nada. It is as if those real perverts who like to give or take in up the arse (and their female equivalents) have more respectibility than us normal fellows out to have a good time on their hols. Why is that? Anyone any idea??

Afterthought - also recall that Lonely Planet openly recommend gay bars and areas for bummers to get off but god forbid that they would mention a p4p bar/area except in derisory terms.

Fully agree GH, good points.

It gets worse, in this modern society where now in California a ''Turdburglar'' can legally marry his ''Sausage Jockey'' friend, yet a normal hetero guy cannot marry a normal hetero girl under 18. For that they have to look to the UK where you can do anything you like from 16 yrs old, except vote and buy beer. Ok so you cant do your wife up the ''gary'' legally, but you can do her brother ????

Whatever next? We should all go into those excellent upmarket bookshops and ask if the have a copy of the new ''Horny Planet Guide to Yng Asian Girls" and see what the reaction is.
Then say ''Oh well I will just take a copy of the Shirt Lifters Guide to the Galaxy instead please, "

The whole thing stinks of hypocrasy. Gay rights, my arse (ouch) ;)

Cheers. F/Fifty

X Man
06-11-08, 14:33
I won't say it's nasty, but it's typical run down, poor looking Manila neighborhood. You won't find too many foreigners on the street, but then you probably need to take a taxi to get around anyway.

Besides being far from the nightlife, there isn't much around there. You'll find a few fast food restaurants and convenience stores on Taft, but nothing of interest around the hotel -- other than the rather nice Paco Park. BTW, the owner of Amazon Bar owns PPO Hotel.

The restaurant has a sports theme with a large screen television. You can also dine poolside.

Go for the higher priced rooms as they have doubled up the windows to cut down on street noise. Gold Room and Pink room are really nice. Lots of antique furniture. I'll try to dig up some pictures.

X

Yup; that's the place. Looks like Paco Park is right at the end of Padre Faura, about three blocks Northeast of Taft. When you say it's not a great location, do you mean it's a nasty neighborhood or that it's 8 blocks from Robinson's and 15 from La Cafe?

Cunning Stunt
06-11-08, 18:00
Whatever next? We should all go into those excellent upmarket bookshops and ask if the have a copy of the new ''Horny Planet Guide to Yng Asian Girls" and see what the reaction is.
Then say ''Oh well I will just take a copy of the Shirt Lifters Guide to the Galaxy instead please, "

The whole thing stinks of hypocrasy. Gay rights, my arse (ouch) ;)

Cheers. F/Fifty

Hahaha - all very true Fifty - what a fucked up pc world we live in. First gay righters get turdburgling made legal, then socially acceptable, I'm shitting myself that the next step is that it will be made compulsory :(

Sorry if this discussion of deviancy is deviating from the subject at hand. GH

Blackangst
06-12-08, 10:21
Skip, the place i once recommended was Paco Park Oasis hotel -- maybe due north of Executive Inn, north of Taft Ave. It's not in a great location, but has a pool, nice atmosphere, and is next door to the small but attractive Paco Park. It is girl friendly.
http://www.parkhotel.com.ph/

X

It shows as $20/night for "guests"? eek!

X Man
06-12-08, 14:34
I doubt it. I guess you could email and ask -- or just make sure the room is reserved for two. I never had a problem, but it's been over a year since I stayed there.

X

It shows as $20/night for "guests"? eek!

Blackangst
06-12-08, 21:51
I doubt it. I guess you could email and ask -- or just make sure the room is reserved for two. I never had a problem, but it's been over a year since I stayed there.

X

Oops my mistake. I was posting after 25 hours of no sleep lol. It clearly says on the rates page:

Rates are based on single or double occupancy (unless otherwise stated). Additional guests, are $20 per night, per guest.

So, as you said, book for two and you should be fine :) Unless, of course, you bring 3 back with you rofl

Fifty Fifty
06-24-08, 15:19
As a bit of a Mall Rat, I was interested in staying in this hotel next time back.

I reckon most Manila Hotels are GF, for the right tip, but can anyone shed any light on how GF this one is and what is the access to the Mall like??

Ive RTFF (searched) and cant find any details.

If not, any other suggestions for Mall Freindly, GF hotels in this range??

Cheers, F/Fifty

FreebieFan
06-25-08, 04:09
Hi to FF from FF.

Holiday Inn Galleria brings back old memories from when I was living in Manila. Old and early days of yahoo chat, back in 1998. Had found one cute girl and we went to movies in mall next to Galleria suites as it was called.

Got a nice stciky blow in the movie house there.

Then a year later had lots of heavy chat with a gal who had some wonderful naked videos of herself. So hot on cam. She wouldn't go to Anito with me. (said it made her look cheap) but would only go with me to Galleria suites. I got a room (no half day or 3 hour rates! ). She turned up and wasnt half as good looking in real life. The lying camera!

Anyways she wantedto be tied up which I did etcetc. Anyways. Way bak. The Galleria was GF. But I guess this doesnt help. Hahahah

Mr Hawaii
06-25-08, 04:48
Stayed there 3 times about 3 years ago with GF. The setup is nice, enter on street level, with lobby of hotel on 4th? Floor. Check in is in lobby. First time I reserved a studio, had to wait, so they gave me a 1BR suite for $75usd a nite. They had a hotel employee run each of the 3 elevators. Views from the rooms are fantastic. Can walk to MegaMall, but taxi is more comfy. Hotel is adjacent to Robinsons Mall, no need to go outside, the lobby of the hotel connects. Plenty of places to eat, movies, etc. Don't know about local bars as I was with GF. When I called for rates last year, was well over $100usd/nite for studio. Would rate it *****star when I stayed. Safe in room. Hope that helps.

Fifty Fifty
06-25-08, 14:52
Hi to FF from FF.

Holiday Inn Galleria brings back old memories from when I was living in Manila. ...........Got a nice stciky blow in the movie house there.

Then a year later.................

The Galleria was GF. But I guess this doesnt help. Hahahah
You said it mate ;)

Stayed there 3 times about 3 years ago with GF. The setup is nice, enter on street level, with lobby of hotel on 4th? Floor. Check in is in lobby. First time I reserved a studio, had to wait, so they gave me a 1BR suite for $75usd a nite. They had a hotel employee run each of the 3 elevators. Views from the rooms are fantastic. Can walk to MegaMall, but taxi is more comfy. Hotel is adjacent to Robinsons Mall, no need to go outside, the lobby of the hotel connects. Plenty of places to eat, movies, etc. Don't know about local bars as I was with GF. When I called for rates last year, was well over $100usd/nite for studio. Would rate it *****star when I stayed. Safe in room. Hope that helps.
Yes thanks for that - got the picture now.

I got a rate of $130 for a larger sized room on asiatravel.com and it looked pretty good value at that.
Although I dont often pay over $100, I have a nice little (return) babe lined up who just loves to go to the mall - dont they all :)

I think I will give it a go and see if I can report back and update the thread.

Cheers, F/Fifty

Michi
06-29-08, 15:18
Hi,
last time stayed in Traders, was GF.

Now was looking at Heritage or Hyatt Casino.
Are those GF? Any special other drawbacks?

Could not find the info here.
Rgds,
Mike

Devils 1
06-30-08, 02:11
Hi,

last time stayed in Traders, was GF.

Now was looking at Heritage or Hyatt Casino.

Are those GF? Any special other drawbacks?Mike,

I have stayed at the Hyatt Casino. It is definitely GF. The casino is awesome also. They have one blackjack table, which is not a very popular game in the PI and they also have a craps table which is the only one I have seen anywhere in Manila.

Great location only blocks from L.A. Cafe.

Good hunting....and post some pics!

X Man
06-30-08, 10:59
Devils 1, how much did you pay for your room at Hyatt? Do they have a pool?

Michi, I think you must be referring to Heritage in Pasay on EDSA and Roxas -- not far from the Mall of Asia. They also have a casino, so maybe that is your priority. It's near the airport and sometimes flight crews stay there. Last time I was in the area, I noticed the hotel had a free shuttle to the Mall of Asia.

X

Mike,

I have stayed at the Hyatt Casino. It is definitely GF. The casino is awesome also. They have one blackjack table, which is not a very popular game in the PI and they also have a craps table which is the only one I have seen anywhere in Manila.

Good hunting....and post some pics!

Michi
06-30-08, 15:08
Hi,
thanks for the feedbacj guys.
priority is not exactly the casinos, but of cause the girls.
Could not decide whether I stay in Heritage close to Firehouse and then go to LA or the other way round.
But now the Hyatt being GF I guess I take that as Heritage is supposed to be very noisy.
Let you know the results next week.
Mike

MeLuvULongTime
06-30-08, 15:58
Mike,

Good hunting....and post some pics!Gentlemen,

They have got blackjack and craps at the Heritage across from EDSA entertainment. It is true blackjack and craps not popular, but they have the best odds esp. Blackjack if you count cards and play basic strategy. Last decemember got real hot and won enough to barfine a dozen hotties from the Firehouse. Two problems though: 1) you must get there early to get a seat because the elderly rich pinays love to play 21 and take up all the seats. Other problem, house rules are tight, but you have no choice because very few blackjack tables in Manila.

Meluvulongtime

Carmex
06-30-08, 16:07
Hi guys,

Going to Manila for 2nd July, thinking of staying at the Hyatt. I like casinos and will go visit LA Cafe. Bummer part is the girl I was talking to on the net just announced she was bringing a "friend". I asked if it was a girl or guy? She said guy.

Uhhhhhmmmm, I'm not sure I said. She said it was OK, because he was gay! I wrote back, that is not the vacation I had in mind. Now, I guess I will go alone and just see what happens. Any thoughts? Heard that one before?

Carmex

MeLuvULongTime
06-30-08, 23:41
Hi,

thanks for the feedbacj guys.

priority is not exactly the casinos, but of cause the girls.

Could not decide whether I stay in Heritage close to Firehouse and then go to LA or the other way round.

But now the Hyatt being GF I guess I take that as Heritage is supposed to be very noisy.

Let you know the results next week.

MikeMichi: I stayed at the Copacabana, which is next to the Heritage. Noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Traffic was extremely loud. Stayed any way since I can sleep through anything and my father loves to be next store to the Heritage so he can gamble.

Question: Does anyone know a relatively quiet hotel near the EDSA/firehouse that is in the moderately priced and quiet?

Towelboy2010
07-01-08, 00:50
I had that happen to me too on my last trip.

Not too worry though I think.

Cherie showed up at Greenbelt with a "gay" guy friend in tow. However, I think he was there just in case, because after a few minutes he left.

I only stayed for 2 hours because she was more curious than anything and I had more pressing matters to attend to. She was attractive though.

Bummer part is the girl I was talking to on the net just announced she was bringing a "friend". I asked if it was a girl or guy? She said guy.
She said it was OK, because he was gay!
Carmex

Fifty Fifty
07-01-08, 05:35
Cherie showed up at Greenbelt with a "gay" guy friend in tow.............She was attractive though.

As you say this is quite common and often nothing to worry about. A number of girls have a ''gay'' friend who they support and in turn he/she looks after them during first meetings. Usually if you are ok and the girl is happy, then he/she will disappear and leave you to it.

Very common in Cebu Mango Ave bars where the gays will remain out side and watch out for their girlfriends - it works well for both of them I suppose.

By the way, thanks for the pics, but which one was the gay ;) as they both don't look very attractive IMHO.

Cheers, F/Fifty

Devils 1
07-01-08, 06:21
Devils 1, how much did you pay for your room at Hyatt? Do they have a pool?

Michi, I think you must be referring to Heritage in Pasay on EDSA and Roxas -- not far from the Mall of Asia.

XI think the room rate was about $140 per night but is probably less now in the offseason. They have a pool but I cant comment because I didnt go in. They have a webiste to give you all of the info.

IMHO the Heritage is located in a truly dirty location of the city. I went there once to gamble and almost couldnt get thru the door because there were so many beggars outside.

If you stay in the LA cafe area it is a short cab ride to the EDSA complex and the area while not very clean is much better than the EDSA area.

Towelboy2010
07-01-08, 14:29
By the way, thanks for the pics, but which one was the gay ;) as they both don't look very attractive IMHO.
Cheers, F/Fifty

In "Cherie2" that is a female cousin, NOT the gay guy she brought to Greenbelt.

I guess to each his own because I thought she was beautiful. She looks just like in the night pic at the club.

TB

Lickthey
07-01-08, 16:23
Hello,

I will be traveling to PI and staying at the Pan Pacific Hotel located in Manila. I will be looking for a young lady to spend some time with. Can anyone tell me what it is like at the Pan Pacific Hotel. Anything I need to know and what the best rates are.

Wicked Roger
07-01-08, 17:44
As you say this is quite common and often nothing to worry about. A number of girls have a ''gay'' friend who they support and in turn he/she looks after them during first meetings. Usually if you are ok and the girl is happy, then he/she will disappear and leave you to it.

Cheers, F/Fifty
Had same experience as well. In fact a CB girl that FF knows well (via a webcam) YM and SMS me today as she is back in Manila and misses me so much...and wants chocolate and todger :D

Made sure her LB friend was not at the controls of the PC (they also do that) and agreed next time no LB/gay friend in tow, just her and me .....and maybe a webcam and FF :))

Tony Hoeprano
07-01-08, 21:57
Hello,

I will be traveling to PI and staying at the Pan Pacific Hotel located in Manila. I will be looking for a young lady to spend some time with. Can anyone tell me what it is like at the Pan Pacific Hotel. Anything I need to know and what the best rates are.I stayed there for a few days and it's very nice, the workers are very curious(the have a few hotties working there!), IMO a bit overpriced, considering it's in a shitty area... The room comes equipped with a safe, wifi is very expensive- you're better of going to a net cafe or try to catch someone else's signal :)

it's very girl friendly too.. When I got there the front desk they asked if I was expecting guests, I told them two and they got a good laugh out of that one

Carmex
07-02-08, 09:58
Ok guys, here now for first time. Hotel is awesome, 130 a night plus taxes, so that means about 160. Shower/bath is awesome, whirlpool/glass walls, the works. I am meeting the one FH girl, although not with "gay" friend. She says she will be here around 10pm. Hmmmmmmm. What are we going to do at 10pm? Got the cell turned on and heading to LA Cafe for a quicky before meeting the FH girl (s). This is so EXCITING!

Aloha,

Carmex

Tryntry
07-03-08, 00:47
Am new but reading quite a bit, am planning a stay at the Hyatt myself later this month. Thanks for all the reports guys, have learned so much and hopefully post something new and exciting.

AndreEurope
07-04-08, 23:14
I'm looking an hotel in Manila near the action La Cafe , Burgos street between 30 50 euros

Pocket Sushi
07-05-08, 01:13
I RTFF but didn't see any info on the Pearl Garden located at 1700 M. Adriatico St., Malate.

There is info on the Pearl Manila but that is over by UN and Taft and not the one I'm considering.

Anyone ever stay at the Pearl Garden on Adriatico and if so could you give it a short review? How would it compare to Las Palmas or the Palm Plaza hotels in the same area?

Thanks

X Man
07-05-08, 14:47
If you stay at this hotel always ask for a room at the back away from the road. You'll be able to look out over the pool and of course it is much quieter than a room facing EDSA.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel, but
-- close to airport
-- close to bus station (to ac) /
-- close to mall / EDSA entertainment complex
-- has a pool]
-- moderate price
-- short walk to the lively and colorful Baclaran Market.

X

Michi: I stayed at the Copacabana, which is next to the Heritage. Noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Traffic was extremely loud. Stayed any way since I can sleep through anything and my father loves to be next store to the Heritage so he can gamble.

Question: Does anyone know a relatively quiet hotel near the EDSA/firehouse that is in the moderately priced and quiet?

El Greco
07-05-08, 17:10
I'm looking an hotel in Manila near the action La Cafe , Burgos street between 30 50 euros

Executive Plaza hotel about 3 blocks from La Cafe opposite a casino and 3 min walk from Robinson's mall in Malate. Nice comfortable rooms

Was there last May. Paid 1.800 pesos/night, about 30 euros, and very girl friendly. Book 10-15 days in advance.

X Man
07-07-08, 11:39
Was waiting for someone else to respond, but apparently that isn't going to happen.

I've never stayed there, but Adriatico is a much quieter street than the "palm" locations -- and a very easy walk to the mall. I tried to stay there once, but it was fully booked, which is usually a good sign.

Possibly a bit cheaper is the Rothman right across the street.

X

I RTFF but didn't see any info on the Pearl Garden located at 1700 M. Adriatico St., Malate.

There is info on the Pearl Manila but that is over by UN and Taft and not the one I'm considering.

Anyone ever stay at the Pearl Garden on Adriatico and if so could you give it a short review? How would it compare to Las Palmas or the Palm Plaza hotels in the same area?

Thanks

X Man
07-07-08, 11:47
Yikes, it's hard enought getting a room in that place...you should always recommend your SECOND favorite hotel...not the first!

Oh, a minor quibble. Robinsons is in Ermita. I think Pedro Gil is the North/south divider between Ermita and Malate. A few maps below.

http://www.hoteltravel.com/philippines/manila/maps/ermita_map.gif

http://www.marlownavigation.com.cy/assets/mainmenu/94/editor/crewserve_map.jpg

X

Executive Plaza hotel about 3 blocks from La Cafe opposite a casino and 3 min walk from Robinson's mall in Malate. Nice comfortable rooms

Was there last May. Paid 1.800 pesos/night, about 30 euros, and very girl friendly. Book 10-15 days in advance.

Pocket Sushi
07-07-08, 13:36
Was waiting for someone else to respond, but apparently that isn't going to happen.

I've never stayed there, but Adriatico is a much quieter street than the "palm" locations -- and a very easy walk to the mall. I tried to stay there once, but it was fully booked, which is usually a good sign.

Possibly a bit cheaper is the Rothman right across the street.

XThanks X.

I'll try it out if its not full and post a review on here.

FreebieFan
07-08-08, 02:51
Just a thought and not sure if they actually feature but tripadvisor.com has hotel reviews on thousands of hotels around the world. Sometimers offers a more impartial review than the " this was great for shagging".. or "lousy for shagging " type reviews that sometimes appears here.

Then again ..I also see that people who bother to write on trip advisor are either ecstatic to have found a great hotel or totally upset with their hotel.

Tout01
07-10-08, 09:24
Located across from the Hyatt. You can get a large superior room , several non smoking floors, very tall building, so some very quiet rooms above the dim of the street noise. Paid 2200 pesos a night. Takes a little bit of haggle to get that rate, but absolutely loved the place and service for my two week stay. Highly recommend it. Thumbs up.

Notanocker
07-10-08, 12:42
Has anyone recently stayed here? It receives reasonable reviews on TripAdvisor, though some mention that the rooms have not been renovated 'for 33 years.'

One review claimed that the breakfast was largely Filipino not Western. However current rates of US$116 or so on various hotel booking sites seem reasonable.

X Man
07-10-08, 14:16
33 years!!! well that is a good reason in itself to stay there. take some pictures of the peeling paint, the crumbling facade, the faded marcos portrait.

and what an eco-friendly way to run a hotel.

filipino breakfast, i think, is just a bit of rice with the eggs. am i right? i prefer the tocino style fil breakfast. i kind of like spilling my egg guts out onto the rice and mixing the whole thing up. i know it may sound counterintuitive, but a bit of grease and rice and egg protein is pretty damn good for a hangover.

thanks for the post notanocker. it's always good to hear a new angle to the manila adventure.

x

has anyone recently stayed here? it receives reasonable reviews on tripadvisor, though some mention that the rooms have not been renovated 'for 33 years.'

one review claimed that the breakfast was largely filipino not western. however current rates of us$116 or so on various hotel booking sites seem reasonable.

Manfest
07-10-08, 19:08
Has anyone recently stayed here? It receives reasonable reviews on TripAdvisor, though some mention that the rooms have not been renovated 'for 33 years.'

One review claimed that the breakfast was largely Filipino not Western. However current rates of US$116 or so on various hotel booking sites seem reasonable.

Sorry to not answer your question directly, but I just booked the Intercontinental in Makati, newly renovated, includes breakfast (don't know the style), for USD 120. This is from the Intercontinental site, so widely available. Manila hotel is a different part of MM, closer to other venues, and I have not been, so can't comment on renovation and quality. My comments are that there are other hotels in that price range that would seem better deals... On the other hand, if you don't want the average "new" feel at most modern hotels, Manila Hotel is a classic and used to be 5 stars back in the Marcos era, so might be worth it.

MeLuvULongTime
07-10-08, 23:15
Gentlemen,

I know some of you will suggest I RTFF, but I have "special needs" in term of hotelege. I need a hotel that has the the following things: 1) A 2 bedroom "apartment" style suite because my elderly father is coming with me. And I will entertain relatives, pros, and good girls; 2) Be within 1 block of a casino, for my pops to walk to; 3) Close to EDSA, because I like value for my whoring doller; 4) moderately priced, hope fully under $100 u. S. Per day; and 5) relatively quite. I have stayed at the CopaCabana on EDSA, but the problem is all the two bedroom apartments face the EDSA traffic and are friggan noisy and the place is so-so IMHO. I am willing to spend more than $100, but I prefer not to. So any suggestions? Meluvulongtime P.S. I am going there for Chistmas and New years, so I suspect the rates will go up.

Marconista
07-10-08, 23:50
I stayed there for 3 weeks a few months back.
Reason for staying there is that it is close to where I need to be (walking distance).
The hotel is worn, no doubt about that, and not a 5star hotel any more. A 4- in my opinion.
But the question is; What do you need. I have my breakfast there which is sufficient for me. It is "friendly" for our purpose. I always stay in the old building, which is not renovated, but I understand that part of the towerbuilding has been renovated.
It has been bought by a chinese guy (owner of Manila Bulletin or Manila Times), and he is a cheep bastard. This as in no longer any fresh mango's at the breakfast buffet, but if you ask the waiter, they will bring you. :)
I like the hotel, since I have always stayed there, since 1997, and the staff knows me well. A minus is the internet access. It is costly unless you stay in the Club Rooms, which is more expensive, and in the tower.

If you want other places to stay (if you want a better breakfast), you should choose Sofitel as they have renovated the downstair restaurant (ex Westin), or Hyatt Casion and Hotel (in the middel or "our" area).

Next time I will stay at Hyatt, as breakfast is the most important meal of the day ;) . It is "friendly" as well.

Blink157
07-11-08, 03:57
Hi to all,

http://www.fersalinn.com.ph/

stayed there quite a few times, they have 12 hour and 24 hours option. I use it sometimes for my f..ckfriendrendevouz cause I dont like to bring them into my place :D

Manila hotel, I stayed there many years ago and I liked the atmosphere, checking hotels in asia was my job so I have seen a lot of them.

Manila hotel is built earthquake restitant, its like a floating hotel on the bay..I havent been there ever since, I just see it on the far when I take fly the bus to AC :D

I think it still has some atmosphere and for the 116US weak dollar is no big deal for european to stay there, at least for a night to figure it out..
Manila bulletin guy bought it, company is just behind the hotel :D

Back to fersal Inn, gud value for money, they have branches in makati, cubao and quezon city.

Blink

MrVee
07-11-08, 20:17
I'm heading back to the PI in a couple of months. There are very few reports or posts about the Renaissance (formerly called "New World Hotel") near Greenbelt. When I have stayed there before, it usually was with Marriott points, but I also have been able to get $99/night rates there, especially if booking far enough in advance. As a Platinum level member of the Marriott Rewards program, they always upgrade me to Club Level, and I have access to the Executive Lounge where there's plenty of food morning, noon and night, plus a happy hour (at least last time I was there).
My only "problem" is that the spouse usually will be at that hotel, also, and so any "visitors" that I have will definitely be noticed by all the staff (most of whom know me or recognize me). Therefore, I run a risk that someone on the staff might (on purpose or accidentally) mention something to my wife and that would cause SIGNIFICANT trouble for me.
The other option I am now considering, then, is a lower-cost option like www.fersalinn.ph.com. One problem for me is that I don't sleep well with the usual traffic noise, but I can handle that if other factors are favorable. The other thing I enjoy about more upscale accomodations is that I can entertain better in my room ... for example, getting a bucket of ice and/or having a small mini-fridge so I can have drinks and snacks on hand.
The Renaissance Makati is close to *some* opportunities, hobby-wise, but I have never been to the Ermita or other more well-known areas. The other 'problem' (not sure you all have had this experience or not) is that when a girl finds out where I'm staying, she instantly thinks $$$ (she already thinks that because I'm American) and my costs usually go up and negotiating leverage goes down. I hate to get into "negotiations" because 90% of the time it results in a perceived lesser-quality experience.
Ok, enough babbling and rambling.
Thoughts?

Manfest
07-11-08, 22:25
I'm heading back to the PI in a couple of months. There are very few reports or posts about the Renaissance (formerly called "New World Hotel") near Greenbelt. When I have stayed there before, it usually was with Marriott points, but I also have been able to get $99/night rates there, especially if booking far enough in advance. --cut--
Thoughts?

A) There are plenty of other comparable hotels at that quality and price level. You don't HAVE to get points or move to a club level, just enjoy the girls instead at another hotel
B) Sogo or other short time hotel while staying at the Renaissance
C) Don't think the staff would be so retarded to talk about your activities to your wife, most really couldn't give a rats ass about you, they just act like it. In fact, most people really don't care about you unless you really [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) them off for some reason. In which case you should move hotels anyway

I agree with you about the price going up when they know your hotel. I usually negotiate before mentioning the hotel.

Warbucks
07-13-08, 04:12
I'm heading back to the PI in a couple of months. There are very few reports or posts about the Renaissance (formerly called "New World Hotel") near Greenbelt. When I have stayed there before, it usually was with Marriott points, but I also have been able to get $99/night rates there, especially if booking far enough in advance. As a Platinum level member of the Marriott Rewards program, they always upgrade me to Club Level, and I have access to the Executive Lounge where there's plenty of food morning, noon and night, plus a happy hour (at least last time I was there).
My only "problem" is that the spouse usually will be at that hotel, also, and so any "visitors" that I have will definitely be noticed by all the staff (most of whom know me or recognize me). Therefore, I run a risk that someone on the staff might (on purpose or accidentally) mention something to my wife and that would cause SIGNIFICANT trouble for me.
The other option I am now considering, then, is a lower-cost option like www.fersalinn.ph.com. One problem for me is that I don't sleep well with the usual traffic noise, but I can handle that if other factors are favorable. The other thing I enjoy about more upscale accomodations is that I can entertain better in my room ... for example, getting a bucket of ice and/or having a small mini-fridge so I can have drinks and snacks on hand.
The Renaissance Makati is close to *some* opportunities, hobby-wise, but I have never been to the Ermita or other more well-known areas. The other 'problem' (not sure you all have had this experience or not) is that when a girl finds out where I'm staying, she instantly thinks $$$ (she already thinks that because I'm American) and my costs usually go up and negotiating leverage goes down. I hate to get into "negotiations" because 90% of the time it results in a perceived lesser-quality experience.
Thoughts?

I stayed their back in Jan 08 before I bought my house. Nice hotel. They will ask you to register your guest though as they asked my Japanese raised girlfriend of two years who went to tell them in Tagalog how offended she was before I dragged her away :)

Cuba Tourist
07-16-08, 04:08
Is this hotel in a good spot?

Holiday Inn
GALLERIA MANILA

ONE ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK AVENUE ORTIGAS CENTER, PASIG CITY
MANILA, 1655 PHILIPPINES
Hotel Front Desk: 63-2-6337111 | Hotel Fax: 63-2-6332824

Carmex
07-16-08, 10:11
Guys,

Loved the Hyatt! Won my entire stay at the craps table on my last night. Paid for the vacation (hotel only) and had enough for the threesome 8 hours before my flight. Pool was awesome, jaquzzi/hot tub was huge and the staff super friendly. I had some ladies in the hot tub one night well past closing and the bar guy just kept pouring drinks! Finally the manager guy shows up and I thought, "well this is it, we have to go". He comes up to me and says, "Do you need anything else sir? " Love the Philippines! It starts to rain and both he and the bartender guy bring over the lounge chairs and umbrella so our drinks don't get watered down! Nice. Expensive, but nice. Unless you happen to get lucky at craps. Anyway, Hyatt, just down the street from LA, and verry gf. I tipped the doorman to either give me the thumbs up or down with different girls on the way in to let me know if they were trouble or not. Always had a good time, two or three girls at a time. Only bummer is girls do think a bigger tip when you stay there. But, I don't care I just wanted to have fun without any hassels.

Aloha,

Carmex

Ace of Spades
07-16-08, 13:01
Any reports about SOGO HOTEL? Quality? Safety? I was in Manila today -I always seen signs everywhere when I am in town for like 390 pesos/night/per room, and sometimes even a little lower as you move out of Manila on the highway.

Puerto La Cruz
07-16-08, 15:09
sogos are rep001tered all around the metro manila area. they are generally "hot sheets" places that cater to filipinos who have no place to go screw. three hours is the usual and customary time frame. not recommended by this member for any purpose other than the above. i did stay one night (12 hour rate) at the one in bacoor across from jolibee. the room reeked of disinfectant and the pillows were like sacks of concrete. the mirrored wall next to the bed had not been cleand in a long time. i did not feel safe there and upon awakening in the a.m. got the hell out of there without even showering.

Lance Link
07-16-08, 17:33
Depends on what you are trying to do - for mongering definitely not a good location - if you want to be near LA Cafe or EDSA - too far away - consider properties in Manila Area proper - go see www.asiatravel.com for hotels either in Makati or in the city of Manila.

Hope this helps

Is this hotel in a good spot?

Holiday Inn
GALLERIA MANILA

ONE ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK AVENUE ORTIGAS CENTER, PASIG CITY
MANILA, 1655 PHILIPPINES
Hotel Front Desk: 63-2-6337111 | Hotel Fax: 63-2-6332824

Mr Hawaii
07-17-08, 06:26
Stayed there about 3 times. Rooms were very well appointed about 2 yrs. Ago, but expensive. Safes in all rooms, can walk to Mega Mall, but a taxi is better. You can go into Robinson's Mall without going outside, just enter by the connecting hallway from 4th floor lobby of hotel. Hotel employees run the 3 elevators. If you go to EDSA or LA Cafe, go when traffic is light. While checking in for my first stay, they thought I waited too long so gave me a 1BR suite for same price as my studio reservation.

Cuba Tourist
07-19-08, 04:07
Thank you for the info on the Holiday Inn.

How about Bayview Park hotel? Or Best Western La Corona hotel Manila?
Pearl Manila Hotel? Palm Plaza? Las Palmas? Reviews on tripadvisor on all of these seem negative.

Basically looking for something moderately priced but nice near bars and stores.

Cansx
07-19-08, 04:32
Does anyone know of a place close to EDSA complex thats girl friendly thanks.

I will be giving Cebu report soon.

Mr Hawaii
07-19-08, 07:47

Pearl Manila Hotel? Palm Plaza? Las Palmas? Reviews on tripadvisor on all of these seem negative.

Basically looking for something moderately priced but nice near bars and stores.Cuba Tourist - if you want to be around LA Cafe, then stay at Palm Plaza, Las Palmas, or Executive Suite (which is the best of the 3). All hotels are in the same block, run by the same outfit. From all you can walk to LA Cafe, and a casino is across the street from 2 of them. Also, can walk to Robinsons Mall (great p/u place) and EDSA is about 10min. taxi ride if no traffic. Book in advance cause they do fill up. (Ph. 011-63-2-523-1000 if calling from USA)

Gagoo
07-19-08, 09:43

Basically looking for something moderately priced but nice near bars and stores.

Well the Hyatt Casino Hotel is probably the closest hotel to the LA Cafe. It's not moderately priced according to my paycheck. I'm curious about the Best Western La Corona myself. I want something better than the Swagman.

Andre007
07-20-08, 02:42
I RTFF and there is no information regarding the TAFT hotel in Manila.

Agoda was running special but there were no reviews.

If anybody has stayed there can you give me the run down?? GF. cleanliness etc.

Thanks

Andre

Cuba Tourist
07-20-08, 05:46
Executive Suite--you mean executive plaza?

Mr Hawaii
07-20-08, 06:39
Executive Suite--you mean executive plaza?Yes, Executive Plaza, you are correct. Sorry, too many hotels, too many names, although I am looking right now at their business card. Exec. Plaza, 1630 A. Mabini St., Malate, City of Manila 1004, Philippines (632) 523-1000. If you come back to the hotel "late", hotel security will take the ID card of the girl and if you do not accompany the girl on her way out, they will call you room and ask "is it OK for your guest to leave?" Casino in the Hyatt hotel is across the street, and you cannot wear shorts into the casino. Go figure.

Orgasm Donor
07-20-08, 06:48
These places look pretty nice and moderately priced. Interesting, but Im confused as far as locations.

Can someone more familiar with the area tell me if the one in "North EDSA" is actually close to EDSA complex? The website says Caloocan City...

And if the one in San Fernando is near Angeles City? it says its in Pampangas, but I know the City of San Fernando is in Province La Union a couple more hours North...

http://www.victoriacourt.biz/latest/index.htm

Anybody had any experiences here? Thanks!

OD

Buko Max
07-20-08, 07:41
And if the one in San Fernando is near Angeles City?
Yeah the rooms look pretty cool! Not sure about the Manila locales but yes, San Fernando is about a 15 minute jeepney ride south of AC.

Cunning Stunt
07-20-08, 08:08
These places look pretty nice and moderately priced. Interesting, but Im confused as far as locations.

Can someone more familiar with the area tell me if the one in "North EDSA" is actually close to EDSA complex? The website says Caloocan City...

And if the one in San Fernando is near Angeles City? it says its in Pampangas, but I know the City of San Fernando is in Province La Union a couple more hours North...

http://www.victoriacourt.biz/latest/index.htm

Anybody had any experiences here? Thanks!

OD

Hi OD, Did you intend for a 24hr stay? Victoria Court is an upmarket ST hotel, well known for its rather pricey theme/party rooms. Always meant to give the one in Malate a try but always seem to end up in Sogo/Anito's. Didn't know they had a branch in AC. GH

Soapy Smith
07-23-08, 06:54

And if the one in San Fernando is near Angeles City? it says its in Pampangas, but I know the City of San Fernando is in Province La Union a couple more hours North...OD

OD, Caloocan City is one of the municipalities in Metro Manila. It is way on the North Side. Remember, EDSA is actually a street. It forms a semi-circle around the Metro Manila area. North EDSA is where it returns nearly to Manila Bay on the North side of the Metro area. The EDSA entertainment complex, where all the clubs are under one roof, is way to the South side of Metro Manila in Pasay City. It is named after EDSA because it's on EDSA near the intersection of Harrision Ave. You definitely do not want a short time hotel in Caloocan City for girls picked up from the EDSA complex. It's easily an hour cab ride away.

There are at least two San Fernandos on Luzon alone. One is way up in La Union province, a good four or five hours North of Angeles. The other is, as Mattrick explains, in Pampanga Province, as is Angeles. It's the largest city and capital of the province, about 15 minutes by toll road from Angeles, but add additional time for getting into and around the city of San Fernando itself.

Soapy Smith
07-23-08, 07:11
always seem to end up in Sogo/Anito's.

G, I think I recall that one of the Sogo's is down near Harrison Mall and General Hospital of Manila, almost in Pasay City. I assume it's easy walking distance from Harrison Mall, but that taxi is necessary from any of the pickup bars in Ermita. Is there another one down near the Copacabana south of EDSA? Which have you used? Thanks, Skip

Cunning Stunt
07-23-08, 16:23
G, I think I recall that one of the Sogo's is down near Harrison Mall and General Hospital of Manila, almost in Pasay City. I assume it's easy walking distance from Harrison Mall, but that taxi is necessary from any of the pickup bars in Ermita. Is there another one down near the Copacabana south of EDSA? Which have you used? Thanks, Skip

SK, As you described, the nearest Sogo to Ermita/Malate is in Mabini Street near the junction with Quirino. On the opposite side of Quirino is Manila Zoo and a little further down Mabini is Harrison's Mall, which is only about 500m from Sogo; if you have picked up in Harrisons and can get the girl to walk that far :). The only Sogo I have used in EDSA is close to Taft LRT, although there are undoubtedly others, as this is prime mongering territory for locals barhopping in Pasay. Cheers GH

Soapy Smith
07-29-08, 03:01
Obviously Amazonia is easy walking distance from the Ermita clubs, LA, G-Point, Amazonia, etc., whereas Sogo in the 2100 block of Mabini is a cab ride away. Other than this, can somebody who has used short time rooms at both places offer some other factors to consider in a comparision?

Thanks, Skip

Member #4530
07-29-08, 10:02
Stayed there about 3 times. Rooms were very well appointed about 2 yrs. Ago, but expensive. Safes in all rooms, can walk to Mega Mall, but a taxi is better. You can go into Robinson's Mall without going outside, just enter by the connecting hallway from 4th floor lobby of hotel. Hotel employees run the 3 elevators. If you go to EDSA or LA Cafe, go when traffic is light. While checking in for my first stay, they thought I waited too long so gave me a 1BR suite for same price as my studio reservation.

Mr. Hawaii, I have some Holiday Inn point to use. About how far (taxi time) is the hotel from the EDSA and to the airport?

thanks much,
Waffles

Cunning Stunt
07-29-08, 10:05
Obviously Amazonia is easy walking distance from the Ermita clubs, LA, G-Point, Amazonia, etc., whereas Sogo in the 2100 block of Mabini is a cab ride away. Other than this, can somebody who has used short time rooms at both places offer some other factors to consider in a comparision?

Thanks, Skip

The last time I tried Amazonia (last year), I was told that they no longer had short time rooms. Is this a fact or was I been fobbed off. I have heard that a branch of Eurotel has opened near Robinsons Mall. This is good news for users of ST hotel (like moi) as the quality of their rooms is that much higher than similar hotels such as Sogo. But the only problem is, that, according to their web site, their minimum room rental period is 12 hours. Has anyone tried them and found this to be the case? Shame as I ordinarily only need a room for 3 hours which is Sogo's normal stay awhile rate (their economy rooms are for 2 hours but like broom cupboards).

Thanks GH

P.S Good thing about Sogo is that you get two channels of cable porn :D

Soapy Smith
07-29-08, 15:44
I have heard that a branch of Eurotel has opened near Robinsons Mall. This is good news for users of ST hotel (like moi) as the quality of their rooms is that much higher than similar hotels such as Sogo. But the only problem is, that, according to their web site, their minimum room rental period is 12 hours. Has anyone tried them and found this to be the case? Shame as I ordinarily only need a room for 3 hours which is Sogo's normal stay awhile rate (their economy rooms are for 2 hours but like broom cupboards). Thanks GH P.S Good thing about Sogo is that you get two channels of cable porn :D

Somebody posted on another forum that Eurotel's 12-hour rate is 495 pesos. Not bad, since that's actually enough to get in a couple of rounds of
boom-boom in addition to a decent night's sleep.

Any idea where near Robinson's the Eurotel is? I'll be in the neighborhood in a few days and can try to check it out.

Porn on TV? I'm better at DATY when I keep my eyes on her face and look out for the nipples to start stiffening. So TV porn is almost an undesirable distraction for me, not value added.

Skip

Hobby Knob
07-29-08, 19:47
Somebody posted on another forum that Eurotel's
Any idea where near Robinson's the Eurotel is? I'll be in the neighborhood in a few days and can try to check it out.

Skip

It's right across the street. You can see it from the open area. Where TGI fridays and starbucks is.

I saw it, but didn't try it.

Member #1210
07-30-08, 03:22
The last time I tried Amazonia (last year), I was told that they no longer had short time rooms. Is this a fact or was I been fobbed off. I have heard that a branch of Eurotel has opened near Robinsons Mall. This is good news for users of ST hotel (like moi) as the quality of their rooms is that much higher than similar hotels such as Sogo. But the only problem is, that, according to their web site, their minimum room rental period is 12 hours. Has anyone tried them and found this to be the case? Shame as I ordinarily only need a room for 3 hours which is Sogo's normal stay awhile rate (their economy rooms are for 2 hours but like broom cupboards).

Thanks GH

P.S Good thing about Sogo is that you get two channels of cable porn :D

I have stayed many times at Eurotel- Las Pinas. Right across from SM Las Pinas. Great location. This hotel is much cleaner then Sogo (stayed only once). Eurotel also has 2 porn (24hrs). And yes, NO hourly rate-min is 12 hrs.

Professional
07-30-08, 05:20
Can anyone confirm the rate? Seems low. So would I be better off staying here then say executive plaza? Do they have showers, etc. Or is the executive plaza worth more?

I am the type of person that likes to get the best value for the dollar I do not mind spending a little more but I want more in exchange.

Thanks

Mr Hawaii
07-30-08, 06:49
Mr. Hawaii, I have some Holiday Inn point to use. About how far (taxi time) is the hotel from the EDSA and to the airport?

thanks much,

WafflesMr. Waffles,

I would allow 30min. To get to EDSA during nonpeak traffic hours. Going to the airport is serious, since you don't want to even come close to missing your flight, so allow one hour from the time you leave the hotel till the time you exit the cab at the airport! Again, this is during non-peak traffic times. This should cover you even if the taxi has a flat, runs out of gas, etc. , and you have to hail another taxi. The hotel is close to the EDSA, so it is a direct drive to the complex. Traffic is always congested near the airport, so allow plenty of time. Trivia: EDSA is acronym for. Epifanio de los Santos Ave..may be used to impress some girl?

Cunning Stunt
07-30-08, 07:43

Porn on TV? I'm better at DATY when I keep my eyes on her face and look out for the nipples to start stiffening. So TV porn is almost an undesirable distraction for me, not value added.

Skip

Yes Skip, agreed but sometimes its makes a pleasant diversion in that lull period
in-between sessions (if you don't need a lull between sessions you are either a far younger or luckier man than I:)). And it sure beats shit out of HBO or some Tagalog channel.

Also it is amusing how often a girl has been first to turn on the porn. I often wonder if this is because she needs it or, god forbid, thinks that I do!!

If anyone gets a chance to confirm the current 12 hour rate for Eurotel Malate, it would be much appreciated.

Soapy Smith
07-30-08, 09:32
(if you don't need a lull between sessions you are either a far younger or luckier man than I:)).
Also it is amusing how often a girl has been first to turn on the porn. I often wonder if this is because she needs it or, god forbid, thinks that I do!!

LoL. I'm probably neither younger nor luckier. I need sleep during the lull.

Maybe their checking out the porn is similar to why they all seem to like Karaoke. They aspire to be on TV or in the movies, and they're checking out what's needed to get to the next level.

Skip

Blackangst
07-30-08, 20:17
Can anyone confirm the rate? Seems low. So would I be better off staying here then say executive plaza? Do they have showers, etc. Or is the executive plaza worth more?

I am the type of person that likes to get the best value for the dollar I do not mind spending a little more but I want more in exchange.

Thanks

Its cheap but not worth it IMHO. Youre better off with Executive/Palm Plaza group at $35-$45/night. However, my personal favorite is Cherry Blossoms next to Robinson's mall. Its off the main road, quieter, newer rooms, and not NEARLY the beggars/rolex sellers (lol) that go with the others. Google it.

Eric Emp
07-31-08, 01:49

Thanks

I am also searching for Hotel in Manila during my upcoming NOV trip and came across nice rate for Eurotel

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/260375/EUROTEL+-+Light+on+the+Pocket+3-Star+Hotel

Cunning Stunt
07-31-08, 04:18
Maybe their checking out the porn is similar to why they all seem to like Karaoke. They aspire to be on TV or in the movies, and they're checking out what's needed to get to the next level.

Skip

Ahh Skip - yet another reason to have the porno channel on. They may pick up some new tricks/techniques which they can practice on you:D

Cunning Stunt
07-31-08, 08:42
For those love hotel aficionado's out there I have now ascertained that there is a short time rate at Eurotel Malate. Its called the 'fast fuck rate'. I joke;) Its called the 'wash up rate' which is even worse as there is no way they are having me do the washing up before I leave!!! Its a 4 hour rate (better than Sogo's 3 hours and is P395 for a studio, P480 for a regular room and P950 for a suite. Discount cards are available on application at check out on the first visit and offers 20% off all subsequent visits.

Pretty good deal for a more upmarket ST hotel. GH

Cunning Stunt
08-02-08, 18:39
Well finally checked out the Eurotel Hotel last night so heres my verdict. Firstly the 4 hour 'wash up' rates at P480 for a standard room didn't involve me in a involuntary 'fairy liquid' duties. Phew, had me worried for a moment ;)

The building is new but the rooms are already showing signs of wear and tear. Couldn't get the safe to operate, the inner door didn't fit its frame well and the mural of the 'Italian' village scene that filled one wall quickly lost its novelty value. That the Eurotel group is owned by the Sogo group is apparent. Not only are the rooms similar to the Sogo Hotel but they offer the same meal deals, particularly the 3 beer offer with pulatan for P200 (or P230 for SML). No windows either so let the claustrophobic beware.

Now for the big pluses for those Philippine resident mongers (or others who for who for disparate reasons just need a room for a few hours) who want a bolt hole to disappear down with a cute little bunny. First the generous 4 hour occupancy and the proximity to the action (LA Cafe or Robinsons Mall FL action) allows you to check in and then go out on the lam. As long as you don't dally too long in finding your honeyko there should be more than enough time for the 3 F's (find, fetch and ...you got it!). Also the doorman asked me if I needed a massage girl so maybe the first 2 F's are redundant if you can't be arsed. I could and headed direct to the LA Cafe where it took me less than an hour to seperate a nice ear of wheat from the chaff. She was a Cavite girl and I have never had a poor performance from a Cavite girl. It must be something in the water there - the ones I've encountered always seem like insatiable duracell fuck bunnies:D

This one had a particularly good ass. See if you agree. Cheers GH.

Robbaf
08-03-08, 01:41
The last time I tried Amazonia (last year), I was told that they no longer had short time rooms. Is this a fact or was I been fobbed off.

Obviously Amazonia is easy walking distance from the Ermita clubs, LA, G-Point, Amazonia, etc., whereas Sogo in the 2100 block of Mabini is a cab ride away. Other than this, can somebody who has used short time rooms at both places offer some other factors to consider in a comparision?Thanks, Skip
I was in Manila last week and I used Amazonia twice. Once was a fan room for 350P and the other was a air con room for 500P. So they are still renting ST room. I haven't used SOGO due to the cab ride. The only thing that I don't like about Amazonia is the towels that they give. Small and the last time there was only one. I like to have the girl rent the room, turn on the air con and go back down for 30 minutes while the room cools down. When I took the fan room, it was for a truly ST. I wouldn't do that again. The girl said, "Hey save money and get a fan room". Way too hot for any real fun.

I stayed at the Makati Renaissance on my last visit and it is girl friendly, but they have to sign in at the front desk. No additional charge, but ensure your girl has a ID.

Stay safe
Robb

Hobby Knob
08-03-08, 09:06
what is the place directly across from the hyatt? It looked like a japanese place? At night, there were tons of girls standing waiting on the balcony.

looked like a line up. Didn't go over there, but looked promising.