PDA

View Full Version : Manila Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Lushington
03-23-09, 04:22
Does anyone know if you can take 2-3 girls at once to your room at the Pan Pacific?

Or do they allow just one girl at a time?I've stayed there many times and had a max of 2 at a time! No Problems at all. In fact I think the butlers that stand at the reception counter give ratings on all the chicks that come in with us mongers!

I can't see a problem with taking 3 in! The guys there are very approachable and discreet. My advice is to chat to one of them discreetly. You'll be pleasantly surprised by how much we have in common on the subject!

Have Fun. Wish I was there!

Noguera
04-02-09, 01:57
crown galleria suites in makati across from dusit thani is very modern and clean, in your price range, and has free hi speed internet access (one of the few in manila that i know offering this). book it through asiatravel.com

it is not walking distance to pburgos bar district, but a5 minute taxi ride away. it is right next to the galleria mall which is loaded with nice shops and restaurants.

the above comments are really not accurate. first, the name of the hotel is the crown regency hotel (www.crownregencyhotels.com/makati.php) and it is indeed just around the corner from the dusit thani luxury hotel, maybe only 100 meters away. it is across from the ayala center, and only a couple of blocks away from the galleria. here is the big difference … i tried to get a room there last week and the best they would offer to me was two twin beds for php 9,280 that is around us$ 191 + tax !!!!!!! the rooms are cheaper at the dusit thani.

Amavida
04-02-09, 04:26
What about if someone is staying for a month or longer? Can a good monthly rate be had at these places?Yep.

I might check out the Oriental Gardens, but sometimes these agents say they want 3 to 4 months deposit (not sure for OG, but I know many condos require this).The condo's I frequent don't ask such amounts.

I can give you a personal contact rather than an agent if you wish. There are several nice condo developments around Pasig which is not to far from Ortigas center. These are fully kitted out for day to day living & IMPORTANTLY airconditioned. PM me off list for more info if you wish.

I have no financial involvement just happy to pass on info.
AV

Pheasantplucker
04-15-09, 22:12
Can anyone recommend a hotel near the airport? I'm passing thru' on the way back to Europe and got an early start so need a room for myself and GF. It'll be our last night together for some time so trying to avoid a fleapit!

Tks for any tips!

LexLuther
04-15-09, 23:32
You can't go wrong with the Renaissance Makati City (a Marriott property). There's even a shuttle to and from the airport, although it costs $60.00 each way.

LexLuther

The Wanderer
04-15-09, 23:37
Does anyone know if you can take 2-3 girls at once to your room at the Pan Pacific?

Or do they allow just one girl at a time?

You can always use the side entrance - through the coffee shop and into the lobby next to the lifts and business centre. There is still "security" on the lift but there is no need to walk through the lobby if you’re shy!

Dan 357
04-16-09, 06:39
Can anyone recommend a hotel near the airport? I'm passing thru' on the way back to Europe and got an early start so need a room for myself and GF. It'll be our last night together for some time so trying to avoid a fleapit!

Tks for any tips!The Heritage is a nice place and relatively close to the airport. The Copacabana is next door to it but not as nice as the Heritage. The Mall of Asia is a short cab ride away if she talks you into some shopping before you go. If she is really open minded the EDSA complex is across the street for some entertainment.

Dan

Warbucks
04-16-09, 08:08
You can't go wrong with the Renaissance Makati City (a Marriott property). There's even a shuttle to and from the airport, although it costs $60.00 each way.

LexLuther

This is my all-time favorite in Manila. They make you register your guest but what mongers don’t understand is this is for your protection. I love the hotels that call to your room when you guest leaves to make sure she has not killed you.

Pheasantplucker
04-16-09, 21:03
Many tks to all for the tips!

Looking forward to the trip.

PR

Devils 1
04-17-09, 01:03
I was just goofing around on craigslist and noticed how many nice apartments there seem to be advertised on there.

Has anyone ever rented any of these that could make a recommendation?

Even a good realtor/broker would be a huge help.

I rented one in the past I found in a manila newspaper classified section. The best way to do it is get a decent hotel for the first 1-3 days. Then take a look at several apartemnts before renting the best one. It is too easy to "put lipstick on a pig" so I would not recommend renting something you have only seen pics of on the web.

Jarod Taz
04-17-09, 04:53
Hi brothers!

I am planning my first ever visit to Manila and I need the help of much wiser and experienced fellow mongers. I am trying to find more information-more than that I have found by doing the Search and reading the forum. I read from Shadowaxis that Sweet Eurosuites in Malate would be a nice hotel but just wonder if anyone else would recommend something else for a newbie.

My needs are very basic:

Hotel that is/has:

1-girl friendly-goes w/o saying

2-Close to several venues such as LA Café, The Robison mall, other whoring spots-as described by Shadowaxis the eurosuite kind of fits the bill.

3-has a pool-does not have to be super fancy but as long is not a bathtub size will do.

4-Free Wifi/internet

5-A safe to accommodate a 15"computer.

As for the Eurosuite I could not find any info and the board or google? Any pointers/links/pics please.

I will be in Manila June 17th to June 20th and heading out to AC after that. Anyone in the area that would like to go on the prowl let me know!

Cheers and thank you all for the suggestions.

Lenience
04-17-09, 11:23
Jarod, dozens of hotels fit your requirements. Just look online and select one with a pool that is in your price range. Don't worry - have fun, but don't waste too much time cruising Robinson's. I had poor luck there lately, much better at G-point.

But a safe that can take a 15" laptop might be a problem. Why don't you buy a cable lock? I left mine chained to a table and nobody tried to walk away with it.

Sammon
04-17-09, 13:44
Hi brothers!

I am planning my first ever visit to Manila and I need the help of much wiser and experienced fellow mongers. I am trying to find more information-more than that I have found by doing the Search and reading the forum. I read from Shadowaxis that Sweet Eurosuites in Malate would be a nice hotel but just wonder if anyone else would recommend something else for a newbie.

My needs are very basic:

Hotel that is/has:

2-Close to several venues such as LA Café, The Robison mall, other whoring spots-as described by Shadowaxis the eurosuite kind of fits the bill.

3-has a pool-does not have to be super fancy but as long is not a bathtub size will do.

4-Free Wifi/internet

As for the Eurosuite I could not find any info and the board or google? Any pointers/links/pics please.

I will be in Manila June 17th to June 20th and heading out to AC after that. Anyone in the area that would like to go on the prowl let me know!

Cheers and thank you all for the suggestions.

1. Almost all hotels in Philippines are girl friendly unlike Thailand. The security will just hold their i.d till they leave. the girls know this routine.
2. There are many hotels around LA cafe area.
3. Cheaper ones do not have a pool. Be aware that the water is not clean in Philippines. Expensive hotels do have a pool. You will not see many people using the pool except kids.
4. I have not seen any free wi fi in manila hotels. hotels in AC do have free Wi-Fi.
5. Some hotels have wide safe deposit boxes which do accomodate laptops.
It is very unlikely anybody will steal laptops in a decent hotel. Girls are looking for money,jewellery,phone,watch to steal. These can be easily hidden when they leave.

Lenience
04-17-09, 15:31
1. Almost all hotels in Philippines are girl friendly unlike Thailand. The security will just hold their i.d till they leave. the girls know this routine.
2. There are many hotels around LA cafe area.
3. Cheaper ones do not have a pool. Be aware that the water is not clean in Philippines. Expensive hotels do have a pool. You will not see many people using the pool except kids.
4. I have not seen any free wi fi in manila hotels. hotels in AC do have free Wi-Fi.
5. Some hotels have wide safe deposit boxes which do accomodate laptops.
It is very unlikely anybody will steal laptops in a decent hotel. Girls are looking for money,jewellery,phone,watch to steal. These can be easily hidden when they leave.

If you are staying for a few days you might look into Baywatch 1903, a nice condo with pool and free in-room wi-fi. It is a little far from "action" near Remedios Circle, but a short taxi ride or nice walk. About $60/night.

Cunning Stunt
04-17-09, 17:51
. I read from Shadowaxis that Sweet Eurosuites in Malate would be a nice hotel but just wonder if anyone else would recommend something else for a newbie.

Do you mean Eurotel? That is the new hotel, owned by the Sogo people, and opposite Robinsons Mall in Pedro Gil. Its a proper hotel but also rents rooms to short timers. Its my preferred ST hotel of the moment;).

Rooms are comfortable but small and basic. There are in-room safes but not big enough for laptops. No pool or restaurant (there's a small coffeeshop) or wireless internet as far as I'm aware.

Fairly close to the Ermita action zone and great for the mall. But, I personally view it as a nice, upmarket ST hotel and would not recommend it for an extended stay.

LaserNut
04-18-09, 01:27
Jarod,

Just lock your laptop in your suitcase - never leave it out in the open !!

That worked well for me in Manila as well as other Phils cities.

Laser
---------------------------------------
My needs are very basic:

Hotel that is/has:

A safe to accommodate a 15"computer.

Jarod Taz
04-18-09, 19:01
Hi brothers!

My needs are very basic:

Hotel that is/has:

4-Free Wifi/internet

Cheers and thank you all for the suggestions.Hi Guys!

Thank you so much for so much wisdom! I have being to Bangkok several times and this will be my first trip to the PHI-so much appretiated! I think I will stay away from eurosuite as it is true that seems to cater more of ST crow and if wanted to stay 3 days may be hard-that not having windows and the overal ambiance.

Now the dilemma is what to choose! I read in the board and it seems the executive plaza (sp) not sure I got the name right may be the next best thing. I reckon is a few blocks from LA cafe and and few others to the Mall. I am bit disapointed with the recent reports of it not being such a fertile ground for this hobby of ours! I guess that wherever I stay it will mean taxi around. The thing is I dread the notorious traffic. I had my share of traffic in BKK and opted to Skytrain and Subway to many of the venues I frequent but I guess that would be out of the question in Manila.

The taxi situation in BKK is as many of you pros in here know metered without hassle and plentiful in the street. I wonder how it is in Manila and the cost of getting around (monetary and time wise).

I guess that makate, Burgos and EDSA is the equivalent of Soi cowboy and nana. But there is no soapies, oil massage venues in Manila.

I guess I will have to hit the ground running and figure what is my overal strategy. I gues that if I can make due in BKK not speaking a word of thai I should fair well in PHI where English is more widely spoken.

OK guys! Any last word of wisdom...please shout it out....

P.S. Are they still robbing buses from Manila to AC or that has stopped. I planning to go to AC using the buses mentioned in the forum but read about bandits that get onboard the bus to rob it.

P.S 2 Anyone has being to BKK recently. I am planning on leaving PHI from AC Clark airport with Cebu Air (sp) that has a flight into BKK on June 23rd. Anyone done that flight.

Once again thank you all and let me know if you are in the area in June 17 of this year!

Cheers!

Marconista
04-18-09, 22:44
I will be going to Manila shortly and stay at the G Hotel along Roxas Boulevard.

I have stayed there before (some years back) and then it was OK (GFly).

I am paying about php5000 a night, including Breakfast for two, free WiFi.
I will report back after my stay.

BTW; Have lined up several DiA ladies again, and curious to see if just as successful this time around, as last time with two confirmed rendevouz out of two.

Paul2020
04-18-09, 23:17
I will be going to Manila shortly and stay at the G Hotel along Roxas Boulevard.

I have stayed there before (some years back) and then it was OK (GFly).

I am paying about php5000 a night, including Breakfast for two, free WiFi.
I will report back after my stay.

BTW; Have lined up several DiA ladies again, and curious to see if just as successful this time around, as last time with two confirmed rendevouz out of two.Just confirming that as of December 2008 G-Hotel was girl friendly. Wi-Fi worked perfectly. Breakfast for 2 was also ok except for for the stares from the wife of an American couple when they saw me with a different much younger Filipina at breakfast each morning. I can't remember the exact rate but in December I think it was around $90/night.

Mr Hawaii
04-19-09, 01:18
For a first timer in Manila, the Executive Plaza hotel will do just fine. It is only one block to Robinson's Ermita mall..a fertile hunting ground. Also within walking distance of LA Cafe.about 3 blocks. A taxi ride to EDSA, across from Heritage Hotel (some taxis just know it by "Firehouse"), is about 100p. And..the hotel is girl friendly!! Very girl friendly. Money changers..lots of them around the hotel. Just go to 3 different ones..you will get 3 different quotes..pick one. Internet cafe is in the mall and across the street (24hrs.) from the hotel. So..all in all..a very good choice. Now..as for going to Angeles City..bus or private taxi. Up to you. Just chat with some of the drivers during your rides and you may get a good deal. Keep smiling.

X Man
04-19-09, 01:23
Sounds interesting -- I've never heard of this place. Is it new?

The web site I found gives the location of Baywatch 1403 as just south of the Grand Hotel (has anyone stayed there recently?). Where is 1903 in relation to 1403?
http://www.baywatch1403.com/maps.html

X

** You gotta love a place that gives tips like this on their web site: They (taxis) usually charge exorbitant rates or those using meters will surely
drive you around to jack up your fare and consume your patience.

If you are staying for a few days you might look into Baywatch 1903, a nice condo with pool and free in-room wi-fi. It is a little far from "action" near Remedios Circle, but a short taxi ride or nice walk. About $60/night.

Emale
04-25-09, 18:37
Apparently I am having memory problems and I am away from my home and usual sources of information,,,, "What is the name of the hotel on P Burgos St next to or above the Filling Station. It's across the street from Banditos. It is small and I think it has theme rooms". Your help is appreciated

Admin
04-25-09, 19:33
Greetings Everyone,

I have moved the last several pages of discussion that was improperly posted here to another thread in this forum titled "Robbed walking on the street near L. A. Cafe".

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=3002

If you want to engage in discussions or post comments that are not directly related to the topic of this thread, then please do so in the appropriate thread.

This cleanup process is not perfect, and it's possible that I may have inadvertently deleted a few otherwise legitimate posts. If you find that your own report was also deleted, please don't take it personally.

Thanks,

Jackson

Frenchhero
04-26-09, 09:59
Apparently I am having memory problems and I am away from my home and usual sources of information,,,, "What is the name of the hotel on P Burgos St next to or above the Filling Station. It's across the street from Banditos. It is small and I think it has theme rooms". Your help is appreciated

I think this is the Royal Bellagio. It can be sold on asiarooms.
Standard rooms were a little bit small, bed was definately not king or queen sized, aircon little bit noisy, but it is clean. My friend could have a much bigger room for the same price at Oxford suites.
Ask for a room that does not face the street as it can be quite noisy with the traffic.
Bonus : they give you a free coupon for two drinks that you can order at Filling station, Bottoms and some other businesses in the street.

Emale
04-26-09, 10:54
I think this is the Royal Bellagio. It can be sold on asiarooms.
Standard rooms were a little bit small, bed was definately not king or queen sized, aircon little bit noisy, but it is clean. My friend could have a much bigger room for the same price at Oxford suites.
Ask for a room that does not face the street as it can be quite noisy with the traffic.
Bonus : they give you a free coupon for two drinks that you can order at Filling station, Bottoms and some other businesses in the street.

Thanks Frenchhero.....that's the place I was thinking about

Burty
05-01-09, 11:21
Strange thing, I thought. Had a massage at the Crown Plaza Galleria last week (fine hotel, no complaints there) and had a massage by calling there in-hotel service. It was a good massage but absolutely no extra's offered. Anyone had that experience at the Crown? It surprised me a bit, this is Manila after all. All in all I got the feeling the Crown Plaza Galleria is not very GF.

Pathologic
05-16-09, 05:01
I haven't read any recent reports on this hotel. Last time I stayed there, a year ago, it was good value (PHP2,000/night) and very central in Ermita.

Anyone stayed there recently?

Warbucks
05-17-09, 03:56
There are any number of traveler reports about this hotel on regular traveler sites and they are almost uniformly negative. Even hysterical.
Insect infestation. Microscopic rooms. Two snail like elevators. Bad service.

For some reason, they even complain about the location in a red light district, this hotels main redeeming feature.
Discalaimer: I have not stayed at this hotel.

The hotels in general in Manila leave a lot to be desired. While out partying on Burgos back in October I saw a girl I wanted to screw checked the immediate area for a room. Everything was booked except the Best Western Makati on Burgos Street.

It is listed as a Four Star but I found the place appalling for my standards then in the morning after the alcohol and lust wore off I noticed strange black insects crawling about…. I am not even going to mention all the problems encountered at Oxford Suites. In the Philippines it’s definitely BUYER FUCKING BEWARE!

Man I have stayed at all the top spots and the Rensiannce in Makati is the only standout. You can get a basic room for about $70…. not a fortune.

FreebieFan
05-27-09, 03:23
Been using Asia Rooms to book my regular bonking hotel, A Venue. on Makati Ave.
Reservations made online and price was always reasonable for a one room suite ( its all suite hotel ), but for my next trip I checked Agoda.com.

Price was US$ 20 per night lower., for same hotel same room type! That can buy a lot of extra smb.

Devils 1
05-29-09, 07:21

Reservations made online and price was always reasonable for a one room suite ( its all suite hotel ), but for my next trip I checked Agoda.com.

Price was US$ 20 per night lower., for same hotel same room type! That can buy a lot of extra smb.I stayed at this place in March. Nice hotel and good value for the money. It is very new and modern. The roooms are a little small but with a decent kitchen and full size fridge.

I could not find it on ASia rooms but i did find it on agoda.

It is right across the street from Burgos St.

Sammon
05-29-09, 16:14

Price was US$ 20 per night lower., for same hotel same room type! That can buy a lot of extra smb.

I stayed at Palm Plaza for a week this month. Very good hotel. 2300 pesos without breakfast. Extremely gf. Nice clean room with king bed. One block to robinson mall, 2 blocks to LA cafe.

Stroker Ace88
05-29-09, 18:51
I am considering booking the Crown Regency Makati for a few days on my next trip and I was wondering if anyone has stayed here recently and can provide updated information on this Hotel, and if there are other options for hotels in Makati that might be better located.

I stayed in the Hyatt Hotel and Casino my previous trip to Manila and I have never stayed in Makati.

I will be hooking up with a girl I met on my previous trip and spending a few days together, but if she has to work or things do not go as planned I was wondering about nearby mongering options.

Thanks.

Viajando Musico
05-29-09, 19:38
I am considering booking the Crown Regency Makati for a few days on my next trip and I was wondering if anyone has stayed here recently and can provide updated information on this Hotel, and if there are other options for hotels in Makati that might be better located.

I stayed in the Hyatt Hotel and Casino my previous trip to Manila and I have never stayed in Makati.

I will be hooking up with a girl I met on my previous trip and spending a few days together, but if she has to work or things do not go as planned I was wondering about nearby mongering options.

Thanks.
This is a small budget business hotel in Makati despite its grand name. Rooms are relatively new but very small, not much bigger than the bed itself, and most of the rooms have window opening to a plain concret wall a few feet away. It is popular to locals conducting business or vacationing in Makati because of its low price and close location to the malls and Ayala MRT station. A 4-5 Star hotel arround here costs 2-3 times more. It is about 10 min. taxi ride to Burgos St. when no traffic. Could take 30min. and upward in regular hours if you know how traffic is in Manila.

A good economic hotel for purposes other than mongering.

Viajando Musico
05-29-09, 20:04
The hotels in general in Manila leave a lot to be desired. While out partying on Burgos back in October I saw a girl I wanted to screw checked the immediate area for a room. Everything was booked except the Best Western Makati on Burgos Street.

It is listed as a Four Star but I found the place appalling for my standards then in the morning after the alcohol and lust wore off I noticed strange black insects crawling about…. I am not even going to mention all the problems encountered at Oxford Suites. In the Philippines it’s definitely BUYER FUCKING BEWARE!

Man I have stayed at all the top spots and the Rensiannce in Makati is the only standout. You can get a basic room for about $70…. not a fortune.

Where did you book Renaissance (New World Hotel) for $70 a night? That was the price I paid 2-3 years ago, not anymore. All hotel rooms in Manila, especially in this area in makati have gone up so much in the last 2-3 years. I paid $95/night without breakfast on a weekend package 2 months ago, and that was the best deal I could find for a long time.

The hotel rating in Manila is quite generous. I always downgrade a couple stars on the rating except a few true 5-star hotels that really meet the standard. There are a few equally good hotels in this area, actually I rate them better than the Renaissance except the location, Shangrila, Pennisula, Ascot(former Oakridge), but you are expecting to pay $150-$250/night or more. I stayed in Renaissance because it is only steps away from Greenbelts and Glorietta.

Warbucks
05-29-09, 21:11
Where did you book Renaissance (New World Hotel) for $70 a night? That was the price I paid 2-3 years ago, not anymore. All hotel rooms in Manila, especially in this area in makati have gone up so much in the last 2-3 years. I paid $95/night without breakfast on a weekend package 2 months ago, and that was the best deal I could find for a long time.

The hotel rating in Manila is quite generous. I always downgrade a couple stars on the rating except a few true 5-star hotels that really meet the standard. There are a few equally good hotels in this area, actually I rate them better than the Renaissance except the location, Shangrila, Pennisula, Ascot(former Oakridge), but you are expecting to pay $150-$250/night or more. I stayed in Renaissance because it is only steps away from Greenbelts and Glorietta.

I have not stayed there since early 08' at that time it was $90 a night as I booked on Orbitz. I recently spotted it on Expedia at $70 a night.

The Shangri-la:

Pretty eye candy but that is all. Excessive fees for trivial shit. (Phone calls back to States etc...)

The Renaissance:

Not the eye candy that is the Shangri-la but the service.... unprecedented in all my travels (and I have stayed at nice spots in Bangkok, Dubai, Tokyo).... even for my Prima Donna attitude. Waited on hand and foot with a smile. Order something and they are there before you hang up the phone ...exaggerating a bit but you get my drift :)

Robbaf
05-29-09, 22:36

Thanks.
I stayed there late last year and here is the post. 803043

Rollins
05-31-09, 16:03
Hi all,

I'm going to be spending 2 weeks in June at the Peninsula Manila. I previously spent two months in Manila for work but never got the courage to visit P. Burgos or anything. This is my last trip for business and I would like to have a little fun. Will there be a problem if I call a "massage" service when staying at the Peninsula? Will they let the girl come right up to my room or will have I to meet her in the lobby?

Thanks!

Devils 1
06-01-09, 05:44
Hi all,

I'm going to be spending 2 weeks in June at the Peninsula Manila. I previously spent two months in Manila for work but never got the courage to visit P. Burgos or anything. This is my last trip for business and I would like to have a little fun. Will there be a problem if I call a "massage" service when staying at the Peninsula? Will they let the girl come right up to my room or will have I to meet her in the lobby?

Thanks!Rollins,

They may let the girl come to the room. It depends on the time of day and how busy it is. Also, if the girl looks like a hooker they will stop her and call you first. They will not give you problems about women in your room though.

One of my favorite things is to sit in the lobby about 10 am and watch all of the girls exit. Some real beauties!

I have to ask, why you are afraid to go to Burgos?

Dogs Body
06-01-09, 06:26
I flew up from Cebu for my only overnight in Manila. I had long ago decided to find really good hotel in Makati, without regard to price, to stage to my flight home.
I reserved a Club Floor King. The room and bed were large and the A/C would chill a meat locker. Endless greetings from the staff in Thai fashion. Apparently there is a free happy hour offered to the people on the club floors. Wine, cocktails and food if you want it, offered by the rather good looking GRO's assigned to pamper people with rooms on the 14th and 15th floor. Access to the floors is controlled by using your key in the elevator. Mini bar with a good selection of high priced items. There is a quick stop store on the corner near the entry drive for those not wanting to pay 170P for a small bottle of water. As they have their own spa and massage service, outside providers are banned.
No bugs did I see, no noise, rich dark wood everywhere.

The down side is that unless you are completely unselfconscious, you may need to take whatever woman you find to the SM mall next door for a make-over before the walk of shame.
I rate this hotel highly but it's not all that good for mid to low end mongering as it's far too fancy.

FreebieFan
06-01-09, 07:45
Hi all,

Thanks!Elevators are keyed off. You will have to meet her. But no need to be shy ( unless all your work colleagues are staying there too lol)..but even then its quite easy to just tell the girl to follow you quietly till you get to room. most girsl know how to do this.

MartinNL
06-01-09, 09:21
Hi all,

Thanks!They will call your room number and sent them up escorted if you are OK with expected guest(s) arriving.

GoodEnough
06-01-09, 11:00
I flew up from Cebu for my only overnight in Manila. I had long ago decided to find really good hotel in Makati, without regard to price, to stage to my flight home.
I reserved a Club Floor King. The room and bed were large and the A/C would chill a meat locker. Endless greetings from the staff in Thai fashion. Apparently there is a free happy hour offered to the people on the club floors. Wine, cocktails and food if you want it, offered by the rather good looking GRO's assigned to pamper people with rooms on the 14th and 15th floor. Access to the floors is controlled by using your key in the elevator. Mini bar with a good selection of high priced items. There is a quick stop store on the corner near the entry drive for those not wanting to pay 170P for a small bottle of water. As they have their own spa and massage service, outside providers are banned.
No bugs did I see, no noise, rich dark wood everywhere.

The down side is that unless you are completely unselfconscious, you may need to take whatever woman you find to the SM mall next door for a make-over before the walk of shame.
I rate this hotel highly but it's not all that good for mid to low end mongering as it's far too fancy.
Though you do not mention the hotel by name, I assume you're speaking of the Dusit, where I stay about twice a month on average. I would not worry much about the walk of shame there, since I've seen guys slinking through the lobby with one or more heavily made up, skimpily clad young things, and no one on the staff so much as bats an eye. The hotel is also home to the Italian restaurant Tosca, which is one of the better establishments in which I've eaten in Manila. There's an Italian chef and a German hostess, so the food is great and the service is excellent. The wine selection, while on the high side, is also terrific.

GE

Wicked Roger
06-01-09, 13:03
the Dusit, where I stay about twice a month on average. I would not worry much about the walk of shame there, since I've seen guys slinking through the lobby with one or more heavily made up, skimpily clad young things, and no one on the staff so much as bats an eye.

The hotel is also home to the Italian restaurant Tosca, which is one of the better establishments in which I've eaten in Manila.
GE
Would agree with GE - I always stay Dusit as it is a really nice place since the renovations

As for slinking......I never slink, but I do have to admit the girls are scantily clad :D

But once saw a Japanese guy in the Dusit with a real cutie, she checked her details at the reception (she was 'accompanied' by her older friend so go figure) and then he took her shopping for groceries !!!.....I saw him come back 15 minutes later with bags from SM Mall supermarket - I managed to get her eye and a contact as well a bit later (another story)

Stroker Ace88
06-02-09, 02:02
I stayed there late last year and here is the post. 803043

Robb,

Thanks for the link and the good review, very informative stuff. I really like the Crown Regency Fuente Osmena in Cebu and so I was interested in booking the Crown Regency in Makati.

Cunning Stunt
06-02-09, 02:29
..The hotel is also home to the Italian restaurant Tosca, which is one of the better establishments in which I've eaten in Manila...

Also home to the finest Thai Restaurant in Manila, not that there is much competition! Forget the name, but its on the Mezzanine and does one of the best Pad Thai Gung's found outside LOS.

Rollins
06-03-09, 04:19
Rollins,

They may let the girl come to the room. It depends on the time of day and how busy it is. Also, if the girl looks like a hooker they will stop her and call you first. They will not give you problems about women in your room though.

One of my favorite things is to sit in the lobby about 10 am and watch all of the girls exit. Some real beauties!

I have to ask, why you are afraid to go to Burgos?I'm just a little intimidated by the people on the corner, etc. Also a little about what to expect once inside the bar. I read all these reports of push mamasans or being mobbed by women. I would prefer to have a wingman but that's not really an option, based on who I'm traveling with.

Hairy Wonder
06-13-09, 17:22
Hello all!

I have a trip to Manila planned at the end of June. My regular girl there has expressed an interest in having some fun by/in a swimming pool. The problem is that I have not seen many hotel pools in Manila, let alone ones that would allow any nudity (or more activity) at the pool. Can anybody help me out with this? If we can't find anything to suit our needs, I'm sure we can make due with the inside of the hotel room! But she has my interest peaked now also.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Happy Hunting!
HW

Lushington
06-13-09, 21:35
Hi HW,

You will NOT have a problem finding a good pool to frolick in. But naked? I can't see it happening!

Staff at the hotel pools have very keen vision when it comes to our girls!

My gf is getting more adventurous by the day. She wants to have sex in the Restroom by the pool on my next trip! Hahhahaha. We have been planning the logistics and will let you know the out CUM!

The pool at Hyatt is quite large and has a couple of disceet cannoodling spots in it. Pan Pacific pool is in FULL view of the outside elavators. So NO go there! Enjoy your trip!

I'll be landing this Thursday!

Cheers,

SF

Hello all!

I have a trip to Manila planned at the end of June. My regular girl there has expressed an interest in having some fun by/in a swimming pool. The problem is that I have not seen many hotel pools in Manila, let alone ones that would allow any nudity (or more activity) at the pool. Can anybody help me out with this? If we can't find anything to suit our needs, I'm sure we can make due with the inside of the hotel room! But she has my interest peaked now also.

Happy Hunting!
HW

Fast Eddie 48
06-14-09, 00:39
Hello all!

Happy Hunting!

HWHairy,

Most 5 star hotel in Manila have outdoor pool like Hyatt and the Heritage at 100 usd and up ,I stay at the Palm plaza in malate a few month ago at 48 usd a night they have a small pool , there are no pool in manila let you swim nude , unless you want to spend time in manila jail do your thing in your room ,you are use to the cheap 3 star hotel in Manila that why you never see a pool .

Fast Eddie 48

Finrod
06-14-09, 17:12
City Garden Makati has a pool on the roof. It's not a big pool and I don't recall there was much privacy. Rooms start at $67/night according to their website http://www.citygardenhotels.com/makati/index.php). Nudity? I don't think so. It is on Makati Ave between Kalayaan St and Burgos St.

The Millenium Plaza has an indoor pool around the 5th floor, IIRC, but it is a bit dated and somewhat dingy. If I had to guess, I think the rooms are around $60 to $70/night. No nudity either. This one is on Makati Ave 1 block north of Kalayaan St on the other side of the street from City Garden.

Sirvladi
06-15-09, 08:11
Hello

I will be going to Manilla in late June and was thinking of staying at the Hyatt Casino. Do they have a poker room there? If yes, what is it like, how many tables what kind of games do they spread?

Thanks a lot

Escort Fan
06-15-09, 17:25
Hello

I will be going to Manilla in late June and was thinking of staying at the Hyatt Casino. Do they have a poker room there? If yes, what is it like, how many tables what kind of games do they spread?

Thanks a lotThey play texas hold'them. The minimum buy in is 5, 000 pesos. There are people at the poker room from 8PM til 2 or 3 AM. I found the level to be quite good, certainly better than Macau's poker rooms.

They don't have omaha or any other kind of poker.

There must be 5 or 6 tables. Some with a high limit like 10, 000 or more. I only played the 5, 000 pesos table.

Not so far from the Hyatt you can find Masters Poker (it's a bit further on adriatico on a square) it's a dedicated poker room, it's actually fun to play with locals. The limit are lower you can play for 1, 000 pesos.

Sirvladi
06-15-09, 23:58
They play texas hold'them. The minimum buy in is 5, 000 pesos. There are people at the poker room from 8PM til 2 or 3 AM. I found the level to be quite good, certainly better than Macau's poker rooms.

They don't have omaha or any other kind of poker.

There must be 5 or 6 tables. Some with a high limit like 10, 000 or more. I only played the 5, 000 pesos table.

Not so far from the Hyatt you can find Masters Poker (it's a bit further on adriatico on a square) it's a dedicated poker room, it's actually fun to play with locals. The limit are lower you can play for 1, 000 pesos.Do they have no limit texas hold em in the Hyatt Poker room.

Thanks

Fast Eddie 48
06-16-09, 06:06
Do they have no limit texas hold em in the Hyatt Poker room.

ThanksSirvladi,

It is no limit only that the only thing they have demand for.

Hyatt have the largest poker room in town and the most action.

Fast Eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48
06-20-09, 04:41
I looking at the Manila hotel price and I am not finding any deal, the asian enconomy is so bad right now, Manila hotel price have gone up 50 % since 2000, maybe I will go to Bangkok instead many hotel deals there.

Fast Eddie 48

X Man
06-20-09, 12:14
How much have hotel prices gone up in BKK since 2000? At the moment, the anarchy in Thai politics has sent hotel price down for top grade hotels - thety look very cheap.

But remember, the high rollers are a bit more skittish than the "anything goes" tourist of ISG.

You go to nana, and pattaya hotels and you don't see price decreases in the worst of times. Adventure travelers look for opportunities...don't we?

Nevertheless...
In general I've always found that the Thailand hotels are superior in price/quaility to Philippine hotels. That may be one reason that Foreign tourism is 4 times higher in Thailand.

Airfare to Thailand also seems significantly cheaper at the moment.

Win win situation. Book that flight!

x

I looking at the Manila hotel price and I am not finding any deal, the asian enconomy is so bad right now, Manila hotel price have gone up 50 % since 2000, maybe I will go to Bangkok instead many hotel deals there.

Fast Eddie 48

Member #3428
06-20-09, 12:26
Nevertheless...
In general I've always found that the Thailand hotels are superior in price/quaility to Philippine hotels. That may be one reason that Foreign tourism is 4 times higher in Thailand.

Airfare to Thailand also seems significantly cheaper at the moment.

Win win situation. Book that flight!

x

Every time I go to BKK I have to go to MNL and I work in both cities.

I'd pay anything extra to avoid NAIA, and I'd pay even more to avoid the switch from Terminal 2 to NAIA bull crap.... The food is superior in Thailand and for fat men like me that makes a difference and Thailand is safer.

But the girls in MNL speak better english, more free lancers, easy to pick up non pro's, etc....

Each place is a win / win and if you look at hotels that are not as popular with the mongers then you can get good rates and discounts. The latest averages I've been getting in MNL are 20% off before to give you something to shoot for.

Marconista
06-20-09, 22:04
The last time I stayed in Manila Hotel it was about usd.100 +++ (taxes etc).

Fast Eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48
06-21-09, 06:47
The last time I stayed in Manila Hotel it was about usd.100 +++ (taxes etc).Marconista,

I am not sure which hotel you are taking about, Hyatt hotel 4 star first open back in 2002 I got promo rate for 55 usd and I can get room at the Pan pacific for 65 usd, both of this hotel now cost 120 usd and up.

Fast Eddie 48

Hagie112
06-21-09, 09:40
Has anyone ever stayed at one of the SOGO hotels in the Manila area? I see they have a deal for 12 hours 8pm to 8am for 400 peso.

Idol1
06-21-09, 21:33
Hi Folks,

Sorry to make my first post a question, but has anyone any experiance with booking a single room at the Hyatt and their policy regarding a joiner fee?

Thanks in advance

Lustforthrust
06-21-09, 23:07
Hi Folks,

Sorry to make my first post a question, but has anyone any experiance with booking a single room at the Hyatt and their policy regarding a joiner fee?

Thanks in advance

No such fees at the Hyatt.

FreebieFan
06-22-09, 00:58
Has anyone ever stayed at one of the SOGO hotels in the Manila area? I see they have a deal for 12 hours 8pm to 8am for 400 peso.You must be somewhat new here. I imagine most guys in Manila ( expat and local) have all frequented Sogo at one time or another. I think I just had my 250th visit recently lol.

Manfest
06-22-09, 02:10
Some of the short time hotels have a website, but I found that path even more expensive than just showing up. The downside is the possibility of no occupancy. Also, they have lost my reservation on occasion.

Is it possible to get the internet rates at Executive Plaza or Copacabana or other 3-4 stars by walking in without reservations? Has anyone tried to negotiate the rates? This is common practice in some countries, but not certain about these islands. Thanks for the info.

Cheers

FreebieFan
06-22-09, 04:46
Some of the short time hotels have a website, but I found that path even more expensive than just showing up. The downside is the possibility of no occupancy. Also, they have lost my reservation on occasion.

Is it possible to get the internet rates at Executive Plaza or Copacabana or other 3-4 stars by walking in without reservations? Has anyone tried to negotiate the rates? This is common practice in some countries, but not certain about these islands. Thanks for the info.

CheersNegotitate everything. Hotels always have a competitor around the corner., but don't negotitate with the cute trainee. Drag the Front Office Manager out and negotitate with him. The trainee has no authority.

Remember rooms are a highly perishable commodity. Its only sell by date is midnight that same date. Most reasonably smart managers know this. And EVERYTHING can be negotitated.

X Man
06-22-09, 12:06
250 times? I'll assume that is a recommendation. What is it you like about Sogo? I seem to remember some mixed reviews.

I've never been there.

X

You must be somewhat new here. I imagine most guys in Manila ( expat and local) have all frequented Sogo at one time or another. I think I just had my 250th visit recently lol.

Bob Bowie
06-22-09, 17:25

Cheers
2 times I tried the walk in rate in Manila. First time I had just flew into Manila with my new girlfriend. She was a virgin and that was going to be our first night together, so I just did not put up much with the Oxford Hotel when they charge me an outrageous price. It was a large room and I just wanted to get upstairs and get down with my girl. I used the Internet in the room to find a hotel online for 1/3 the price for the rest of the trip.

This last trip, when the Hotel (I don't remember the name) tried to squeeze me for a high price I just sat down in her lobby with my luggage and found a place via Agoda using my laptop.

FreebieFan
06-23-09, 00:51
250 times? I'll assume that is a recommendation. What is it you like about Sogo? I seem to remember some mixed reviews.

I've never been there.

XLived in Manila for 5 years before and was easiest place to get to. Mind you that was after Anito in Wood Street off Edsa closed.

Now its the closest motel to Fort bonifacio..whether Pasay or Pasig.It is what it is... a convenient and cheap place for a shag..nothing more or less than that. The Ritz Carlton neednt worry.

Marconista
06-24-09, 19:34
The title of my post was The Manila Hotel, and Manila Hotel in the post itself.
I must have misunderstood your post, altough you said Manila hotel.
There is only one Manila Hotel, and it has been a favorite of mine for years. Last few years it has been going downhill, but I've heard that they are renovating it now. My last stay was april 2008.

A month back I stayed at G Hotel and paid roughly php4400 a night for doubleroom with breakfast (for 2)

Marconista,

I am not sure which hotel you are taking about, Hyatt hotel 4 star first open back in 2002 I got promo rate for 55 usd and I can get room at the Pan pacific for 65 usd, both of this hotel now cost 120 usd and up.

Fast Eddie 48

Kornada
06-30-09, 10:22
Hello,

Has anyone ever stayed at Bianca's Garden? The address is 2139 M Adriatico Street in Malate. I will be in Manila for a week before I escape to quieter, more remote parts of the Philippines. I am looking for a place somewhat different than a standard high-rise hotel.

Thanks,

Ed.Did you ever get an answer on that?

I was thinking of staying there.

Manfest
07-03-09, 20:21
--cut--

Just got back from a great trip! Upon arriving in the late afternoon, I went over to the Copacabana without a reservation. They quoted the internet price (pretty honest, offered a late checkout), but only had the 2 or 3 bedrooms available. Since all I wanted to do was sleep for a few hours until moving hotels, I walked over to the Sogo 1 block away and checked in for 12 hours. Be sure to pick up a 20% discount card when checking out. Not bad, but certainly not great! No windows at this location.

Next few days checked into the Dusit in Makati. This was pre-arranged with a better than average rate for the class and location (P4500/night). I realize, though, the reason it was cheaper than the Intercon (next door) or Hyatt was that it is a very very old hotel that just got a facelift. The breakfast was not as good, the showers don't run hot water well, etc. Many of the other places are USD 10-30 more, but better quality. I like to get better value if possible, and try to game the system and schedule as much as possible, but the slightly lower cost did not seem to make sense for me. I'd pass on the Dusit next time. My previous stay at the Intercon and Hyatt (two other experiences) were much better.

Sol111
07-07-09, 10:18
Normally I stay at the Tropicana near Robinson's Place Mall in Malate. It was full twice when I had been out of Manila for a few days in the last few weeks. I chose the Bayview each time. Stupid me. I have stayed at the Bayview many times in the last few years. But lately, not girl friendly. Last week they gave me a hard time there when I brought back a second gal in one evening, then they did it again Sunday evening.

I picked up my main squeeze Sunday evening early, and we went barhopping for diinner, pool, etc. About midnight we get into the Bayview, and they make me register her at the front desk (including photocopying her ID). Once in the room, we shower and head to bed, then stupidly (my last night in-country) we get into an argument. I was horny but realized nothing was coming of it, so I asked her to go home, walked her out with some taxi money and sent her on herway. Went to LAC and grabbed another gal and by 2am was walking back in the door.

We had to go thru the registration process again. Worse, my main squeeze had forgotten to pick up her ID. They made the registration process last a long time again, photocopied the new girl's ID, and informed me that the new girl would not be eligible for the breakfast. I asked why not? The other girl had gone home and would not be eating the breakfast? Great, I had paid for the room which includes 2 breakfasts, but can only get one breakfast now. They pulled this stunt a week prior. What difference does it make to the hotel who eats the breakfast, as long as its only me and one other person?

Im done staying there.

Sammon
07-07-09, 15:32
Normally I stay at the Tropicana near Robinson's Place Mall in Malate. It was full twice when I had been out of Manila for a few days in the last few weeks. I chose the Bayview each time. Stupid me. I have stayed at the Bayview many times in the last few years. But lately, not girl friendly. Last week they gave me a hard time there when I brought back a second gal in one evening, then they did it again Sunday evening.

I picked up my main squeeze Sunday evening early, and we went barhopping for diinner, pool, etc. About midnight we get into the Bayview, and they make me register her at the front desk (including photocopying her ID). Once in the room, we shower and head to bed, then stupidly (my last night in-country) we get into an argument. I was horny but realized nothing was coming of it, so I asked her to go home, walked her out with some taxi money and sent her on herway. Went to LAC and grabbed another gal and by 2am was walking back in the door.

We had to go thru the registration process again. Worse, my main squeeze had forgotten to pick up her ID. They made the registration process last a long time again, photocopied the new girl's ID, and informed me that the new girl would not be eligible for the breakfast. I asked why not? The other girl had gone home and would not be eating the breakfast? Great, I had paid for the room which includes 2 breakfasts, but can only get one breakfast now. They pulled this stunt a week prior. What difference does it make to the hotel who eats the breakfast, as long as its only me and one other person?

Im done staying there.

I have stayed many times at Bayview. They are trying very hard to be family friendly hotel. Yes, they give a hassle about bringing the girls. But they never refused to let the girl in. All you have to do is register the girl. as long as you have booked the room for 2 people they will not charge extra. irrespective of how many girls you have registered.
Forget about having a threesome there. They would not allow.
When I check in they ask me where is my companion. I always say my friend will be joining me later. They give me breakfast coupons for 2.
Never had a problem having breakfast as long as I had the coupons.
All in all nice hotel with good location. Walking distance to LA cafe. I walked even at middle of the night and never had any problems.

X Man
07-07-09, 17:03
Thanks for the additional info Sammon,

I've stayed BV only once, and that was when a travel agent honey booked me at a steep discount. She enjoyed herself testing out the comfort of the bed, although I was on top of her for a bit of that time.

At one point you write: ***you have booked the room for 2 people they will not charge extra. irrespective of how many girls you have registered***

Do you mean to say, "if you register for two, you can play with whoever, whenever"?

Or does one have to change the registration every time? Anyway, despite my discount, I wasn't overy impressed with BV.

x

I have stayed many times at Bayview. They are trying very hard to be family friendly hotel. Yes, they give a hassle about bringing the girls. But they never refused to let the girl in. All you have to do is register the girl. as long as you have booked the room for 2 people they will not charge extra. irrespective of how many girls you have registered.
Forget about having a threesome there. They would not allow.
When I check in they ask me where is my companion. I always say my friend will be joining me later. They give me breakfast coupons for 2.
Never had a problem having breakfast as long as I had the coupons.
All in all nice hotel with good location. Walking distance to LA cafe. I walked even at middle of the night and never had any problems.

Paul2020
07-08-09, 05:38
Thought I would comment on my recent stay there the last 2 days. I just checked out a few hours ago.

I registered for 2 and initially put down a chatmante's name I was meeting. She met me there later the first day and stayed the first night. The second day we walked in the hotel about 21:30 and no one stopped us, went the room, did the deed and she wanted to leave to take a bus back to the province around 23:30. She had deposited no ID either day.

Then I showered, headed to La Cafe around midnight and at 02:00 came back with another girl. She went through the security, copying and registration process. Although it took time, no one gave us any hassles. The male desk clerk did ask me how many people were staying in the room to which I answered two.

We had breakfast in the morning, she collected her ID and I checked out and left.

I've stayed there 4 times in the last year and other than the time consuming security, copying, and registration process, never had an issue.

Muff Eater
07-26-09, 10:17
Does anyone have any info on the Citadel Inn in Makati? A friend and I are planning on staying there in a two room suite. The quote price is php 4000/nite. Has AC, pool and of course, rooms look very nice.

FreebieFan
07-30-09, 05:32

Im done staying there.If you ever work in Phils, you will see that people make rules for quite good reasons.. then tell staff to follow the rule they made.

This works fine till theres a situation someone didnt think of when making the rule.
The staff meanwhile are trained to slavishly follow the rule and most certainly must NEVER THINK FOR THEMSELVES.

This is what happened in your case.

Docwiltro
07-30-09, 11:59
Does anyone have any info on the Citadel Inn in Makati? A friend and I are planning on staying there in a two room suite. The quote price is php 4000/nite. Has AC, pool and of course, rooms look very nice.I have stayed there before and really is a very mediocre hotel, and when you see the pool, you will laugh your ass off. It is maybe 10 ft. long and perhaps 4 ft. wide: I never saw anyone in it.

I stay at the Belair Soho Condominiums which is right around the corner for p1,600. It is a much better deal, but there is no pool.

BKKguru
07-31-09, 03:33
Hi,
In the Soho Condominiums do they change the sheets and towels every day? If no, what is the frequency? What about cleaning and trash removal?

Thanks!

I have stayed there before and really is a very mediocre hotel, and when you see the pool, you will laugh your ass off. It is maybe 10 ft. long and perhaps 4 ft. wide: I never saw anyone in it.

I stay at the Belair Soho Condominiums which is right around the corner for p1,600. It is a much better deal, but there is no pool.

Docwiltro
07-31-09, 06:42
Hi,
In the Soho Condominiums do they change the sheets and towels every day? If no, what is the frequency? What about cleaning and trash removal?

Thanks!The linens are changed every three days, but the room is made up and cleaned and the towels are changed everyday.

I must add that the room rental is p1,800 not p1,600: my mistake.

I'll post a partial photo of the room.

Ham Yai
07-31-09, 16:10
Stayed there but never again. Room service can clean you out too.

When we complained the ranks closed.

Amavida
08-02-09, 16:14
Does anyone have any info on the Citadel Inn in Makati? A friend and I are planning on staying there in a two room suite. The quote price is php 4000/nite. Has AC, pool and of course, rooms look very nice.Stayed there once. It is in a poor state of repair & very prone to high traffic noise. you will regret going there. On the other side of the street is Oxfords suites. Better. Im sure you realise that these hotels are side by side to the 'bars'.

Muff Eater
08-13-09, 09:12
Thanks for the responses!

I'm gonna start checking out the other hotels and condos.

ME

Member #3428
08-14-09, 02:18
Thanks for the responses!

I'm gonna start checking out the other hotels and condos.

ME

I always like Ascott / Sommerset Properties... They have some nice two room places and I get good rates with them. Right now in Dusit just cuz they offered me a great rate...

Turnkey13
08-15-09, 02:12
Today I found out that I'm headed to the PI tomorrow for 9 days....much earlier than I expected. I have to overnight in Manila on arrival and the day before departure. I head up to Subic for business the day after I arrive and the company has put me up in the Venezia hotel.

I've never been to the PI and need recommendations for a hotel in Manila near the action. I've been researching the posts as best I can, but I'm limited by time. Since I'm not familiar with the area can someone tell me a hotel that is in "play", that is girl friendly and not all too that expensive? Due to my arrival time (very late at night)I was thinking of the Bayview for my late night arrival and then the Renaissance on my return when I'll have more time.

Many thanks for any help. And I will post a report when I return.

Turnkey

Mongerer69
08-15-09, 05:09
Executive Plaza Hotel should work out well for you. GF friendly, within walking distance of LA Cafe and other good bars and if you have time Robinson's Mall for indies.

Good luck, I wish I was with you.

Today I found out that I'm headed to the PI tomorrow for 9 days....much earlier than I expected. I have to overnight in Manila on arrival and the day before departure. I head up to Subic for business the day after I arrive and the company has put me up in the Venezia hotel.

I've never been to the PI and need recommendations for a hotel in Manila near the action. I've been researching the posts as best I can, but I'm limited by time. Since I'm not familiar with the area can someone tell me a hotel that is in "play", that is girl friendly and not all too that expensive? Due to my arrival time (very late at night)I was thinking of the Bayview for my late night arrival and then the Renaissance on my return when I'll have more time.

Turnkey

Soapy Smith
08-15-09, 08:32
Turnkey

If you haven't already departed, you may be able to use these suggestions.

You don't say anything about what hotel class and price you're looking for, so these places represent a considerable range in quality.

Bayview has gotten mixed reviews in this thread recently, but it's probably okay, it's not far from LA Cafe, and it is, from all indications, girl friendly -- except you may be asked to pay extra if you bring back more than one bed warmer. Assuming you're getting into Manila on Northwest at about 10 pm or so, you can take a taxi to the Bayview or one of the other Ermita or Malate area hotels and be there by 11 or 11:30. If you shower quickly you can still get to the LA Cafe around midnight. But not to worry; LA never closes, and there is usually plenty of merchandise around most of the night. These are independents, so no barfine -- just the price you negotiate with the merchandise of your choosing. Ask the doorman at the Bayview for instructions to walk to LA. It's not far. Read the Manila thread for comments about staying within the usual price guidelines.

If you have time, check prices on the Agoda.com website. I have had very good luck with them, and their online registration system has never declined any of my credit cards. Sometimes you can find a real bargain if one of the Ermita or Malate hotels has empty rooms for the next day.

Since LA Cafe is your best bet for evening arrival, you want to look in the areas of Manila defined by Agoda as Ermita or Malate. LA Cafe is about one block North of Pedro Gil Avenue, which is the dividing line -- Ermita to the North, Malate south of Pedro Gil.

In the Ermita listings, these are some that mongers use:

Lotus Garden
City Garden Suites
Pearl Manila
Boulevard Mansion

Pearl Manila is walkable to LA, but you'll want a taxi going back if you have company. Boulevard Mansion is becoming worn out and needs a solid Spring cleaning and some insecticide, but it's so close to LA that you can almost spit out the room window and hit the roof of LA.

Among the Malate listings some mongers consider:

Diamond Hotel
Palm Plaza
Executive Plaza
Las Palmas
Eurotel Pedro Gil

You'll get mixed reviews on these places; what one monger likes, another hates. You can check out some details on the Agoda website. Diamond is pricier than the others; Eurotel's rooms are small, many have no windows, but they give you a free breakfast and they're directly across from Robinson's Place Mall. All five of these places are easy walking distance to LA. All are girl friendly.

The Renaissance is in Makati, which is vastly more upscale than Ermita. Makati is the finance district of the Philippines; Ermita is the red light district. Renaissance puts you close to the several Makati shopping malls, where some guys with game pick up independents, but it's a long jaunt from there to Burgos, where the principal action is in Makati. Burgos bars have steep barfines, and many monger reports suggest that they're pricing themselves out of business. Agoda's site shows lots of lodging at various prices in Makati. Most mongers recommend against the Citadel Inn, but its location gives you an idea where the Burgos bars are. There are other hotels in the Burgos area that show up on sites like Agoda.

A final location to consider in your return trip is at the EDSA entertainment complex. Right across the street is the Heritage Hotel. It gets good reviews. If you want nice shopping malls, go to Makati. If you want bed company, consider EDSA and the Heritage. Girls are probably midway in price and quality between LA and the Burgos clubs. Find the Heritage in Agoda under the region called Pasay.

Good luck. Skip

Redfield10
08-15-09, 08:43
Just be careful around L. A. Cafe. I got mugged there. The area around there is as bad as you will find anywhere in any mongering area on the planet. Seriously.

Turnkey

Soapy Smith
08-16-09, 08:34
Just be careful around L. A. Cafe. I got mugged there. The area around there is as bad as you will find anywhere in any mongering area on the planet. Seriously.

It's true that Ermita is a sleazy area. In addition to the threat of mugging, there are numerous panhandlers, con artists, and guys hawking belt buckles, wallets, and Cialis. Anybody who tries to befriend you is not your friend. Walk and act confidently, but with your eyes and ears open. When they approach, shake your head no or tell them "hindi" (for "no"). Don't stop and talk out of politeness.

The route from the Bayview and from Boulevard Mansion is probably safer than from some of the other places. The Bayview is on a frontage street facing out onto Roxas Boulevard, a main drag from the airport region. To get to the LA Cafe go out the front door, turn left on the frontage street and head South (back toward the airport). After about four blocks, going past a couple of banks and travel agencies, you will walk past the Boulevard Mansion Hotel on your left. After the Boulevard Mansion you'll walk past an open lot with chain-link fencing around it. Turn left on the little side street beside the fenced lot. If there's a street sign it will read Romero Salas. LA Cafe is about 100 yards up this street on the left. There's an alley behind LA Cafe, but you won't miss the Cafe: it's all lit up and it's on the corner of a busier street, Del Pilar. On the right side of Romero Salas is an LA Annex that seems to be more about food than booze and women. There are security guards at the entrance to the main club who will smile and open the door for you when they realize you're likely to be a paying Western customer. Don't make eye contact and don't engage the pitiful individuals hanging around outside unless you have a masochistic desire to try to fix the incurable human problems of the Third World.

I have occasionally used the Boulevard Mansion, especially on the night of arriving by air, because, despite its decrepit condition, it's literally less than 500 feet to LA Cafe. It's simply the closest, quickest, and safest destination for getting a willing LBFM unwrapped and into bed.

Gumby2004
08-16-09, 14:49
Has anyone ever had an experience with the "blind" dude in this area?

Last May, a dude dropped a plate of food as he bumped into me on my way from LA Cafe to G-Point. It was pretty late, so not too many people out. I was about to stop and offer a few pesos for the accident, when he started shouting: "I'm blind! That was my food! You pay me! ". My safety radar suddenly flipped to high as I realized that something didn't add up about the encounter. I'm sure I was about to be the victim of a cleverly designed setup.

My worst fear was that his shouting was a signal to his boys, who would materialize out of the shadows at any moment. So I kept it moving and picked up my pace. On my final approach to the G-Point entrance, the dude is still behind me, now about a half block away, and still shouting.

How the fuck could a blind dude see me from half a block away? In the dark?

It's true that Ermita is a sleazy area. In addition to the threat of mugging, there are numerous panhandlers, con artists, and guys hawking belt buckles, wallets, and Cialis. Anybody who tries to befriend you is not your friend. Walk and act confidently, but with your eyes and ears open. When they approach, shake your head no or tell them "hindi" (for "no"). Don't stop and talk out of politeness.

The route from the Bayview and from Boulevard Mansion is probably safer than from some of the other places. The Bayview is on a frontage street facing out onto Roxas Boulevard, a main drag from the airport region. To get to the LA Cafe go out the front door, turn left on the frontage street and head South (back toward the airport). After about four blocks, going past a couple of banks and travel agencies, you will walk past the Boulevard Mansion Hotel on your left. After the Boulevard Mansion you'll walk past an open lot with chain-link fencing around it. Turn left on the little side street beside the fenced lot. If there's a street sign it will read Romero Salas. LA Cafe is about 100 yards up this street on the left. There's an alley behind LA Cafe, but you won't miss the Cafe: it's all lit up and it's on the corner of a busier street, Del Pilar. On the right side of Romero Salas is an LA Annex that seems to be more about food than booze and women. There are security guards at the entrance to the main club who will smile and open the door for you when they realize you're likely to be a paying Western customer. Don't make eye contact and don't engage the pitiful individuals hanging around outside unless you have a masochistic desire to try to fix the incurable human problems of the Third World.

I have occasionally used the Boulevard Mansion, especially on the night of arriving by air, because, despite its decrepit condition, it's literally less than 500 feet to LA Cafe. It's simply the closest, quickest, and safest destination for getting a willing LBFM unwrapped and into bed.

Westernman
08-22-09, 21:11
Guys,

Does anyone have any experience with this Hotel Lotus Garden Hotel? http://www.citygardenhotels.com/lotus/accommodations.php I am going to the Philippines in early November for two weaks mainly in Angeles City but a layover in Manila and plan to visit LA Cafe.

Thanks in Advance

WM

Efmeded
08-23-09, 09:06
Yes, I stayed there a couple of weeks ago having moved from the Executive Plaza. I was a walk in and stayed in a"superior Room"for PHP2600+12%Tax=PHP2912 or thereabouts (PHP47.5/USD).

The room was very large and had a nice leather sofa and it was away from the street noise. The buffet breakfast was good and is included in the price. They have free wireless internet if you take your laptop downstairs to the coffee shop and ask for a password. Otherwise pay an amount to have access in your room. The minibar is well stocked, although I went to one of the numerous 7 11 to buy beers etc, and the cable tv is good.

There is the Robinsons Mall and the GPoint bar nearby.

The staff are reasonably helpful and friendly, I tipped the bag guy about PHP40 at the beginning which is a hefty tip and always got good advice from him as to places to eat, drink, pick up chicks but I was disappointed with the travel section. I sat in their office and waited/was ignored for about 10 minutes after they served their last customer. I went somewhere else and was treated a bit more like I expect. I don't, of course, mind waiting but being ignored is another matter.

Finally there was no security check when I bought a girl back at 1am which can be both good and bad. I went to Boracay but did not return to the Lotus instead trying the Best Western La Corona.

All the best,

Ef

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Westernman
08-23-09, 22:19
Thanks for your info. Is LA Cafe in a walking distance from the Hotel could not see on the map over list of Hotels at the LA Cafe webpage.

Thanks in advance

WM
Yes, I stayed there a couple of weeks ago having moved from the Executive Plaza. I was a walk in and stayed in a"superior Room"for PHP2600+12%Tax=PHP2912 or thereabouts (PHP47.5/USD).

The room was very large and had a nice leather sofa and it was away from the street noise. The buffet breakfast was good and is included in the price. They have free wireless internet if you take your laptop downstairs to the coffee shop and ask for a password. Otherwise pay an amount to have access in your room. The minibar is well stocked, although I went to one of the numerous 7 11 to buy beers etc, and the cable tv is good.

There is the Robinsons Mall and the GPoint bar nearby.

The staff are reasonably helpful and friendly, I tipped the bag guy about PHP40 at the beginning which is a hefty tip and always got good advice from him as to places to eat, drink, pick up chicks but I was disappointed with the travel section. I sat in their office and waited/was ignored for about 10 minutes after they served their last customer. I went somewhere else and was treated a bit more like I expect. I don't, of course, mind waiting but being ignored is another matter.

Finally there was no security check when I bought a girl back at 1am which can be both good and bad. I went to Boracay but did not return to the Lotus instead trying the Best Western La Corona.

All the best,

Ef

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Dreamplay 767
08-24-09, 14:38
I was in Manila a couple of months ago and stayed at the Intercontinental for four nights.

I booked a double room for two, and the only reason I did this was just in case I wanted to take any of my girls down for breakfast.

When I arrived at the hotel and checked in, the staff asked me if there would be another guest. I told him that my girlfriend is coming in on a later flight, and he said that she had to come to the front desk to check in on arrival. I dismissed this and simply said that I would tell her to do so.

The next morning, however, I got a call from the front desk asking me if my girlfriend had arrived. I became annoyed and told them that she cancelled the trip and I would be staying by myself.

They didn't give me any trouble about taking a girl to my room, but I thought it was strange for them to insist that my girlfriend actually check in.

Has this kind of thing ever happened to anyone?

Efmeded
08-25-09, 03:30
Thanks for your info. Is LA Cafe in a walking distance from the Hotel could not see on the map over list of Hotels at the LA Cafe webpage.

Thanks in advance

WMThe LA Cafe is on the cnr of Romero Salas and Del Pilar,5-10 minute walk.

So coming out of the entrance of the Lotus Garden turn right and proceed along Mabini st for 2.5 blocks and then right down R Salas and you will run straight into it.There are,of course variations to the route but this one avoids some of the annoying street people!

To get to GPoint come out of the hotel go straight across the road turn right and then left at Padre Faura (3min).

Another tip while i am at it,try to change money if u need to during the middle of the day,something i noticed is that late at night when only 50% of the money changers operate the rate drops about 2% which on US$100 is close to PHP100!

All the best

Fast Eddie 48
08-25-09, 05:19
I was in Manila a couple of months ago and stayed at the Intercontinental for four nights.

I booked a double room for two, and the only reason I did this was just in case I wanted to take any of my girls down for breakfast.

When I arrived at the hotel and checked in, the staff asked me if there would be another guest. I told him that my girlfriend is coming in on a later flight, and he said that she had to come to the front desk to check in on arrival. I dismissed this and simply said that I would tell her to do so.

The next morning, however, I got a call from the front desk asking me if my girlfriend had arrived. I became annoyed and told them that she cancelled the trip and I would be staying by myself.

They didn't give me any trouble about taking a girl to my room, but I thought it was strange for them to insist that my girlfriend actually check in.

Has this kind of thing ever happened to anyone?Dream play,

Yes most 4 star hotel security like to know if you are bringing a quest, this way they can check them in for your safety, most Manila hotel are girl friendly just be up front with them you might be bring somone back and you will check her in with security is not a big deal.

Fast Eddie 48

Member #3428
08-25-09, 06:32

I have a hotel letting a girl into the club room, and into the room when I'm not even landing until later that night. All is cool, you just gotta tell them that you got company. There is no shame or worry, they've seen it all before (and more).

Dreamplay 767
08-25-09, 09:43
Dream play,

Yes most 4 star hotel security like to know if you are bringing a quest, this way they can check them in for your safety, most Manila hotel are girl friendly just be up front with them you might be bring somone back and you will check her in with security is not a big deal.

Fast Eddie 48Thanks, Eddie. So I guess the thing to do is check my first-night girl in as if I were staying with her for the entire trip. And I'd have to explain to her why she has to check in rather than just go straight to the elevator. Nah... too much of a hassle.

Sorry girls, no breakfast buffet for you. Gotta give me credit for trying, though.

I have a hotel letting a girl into the club room, and into the room when I'm not even landing until later that night. All is cool, you just gotta tell them that you got company. There is no shame or worry, they've seen it all before (and more).Oh no, I have no shame or worry about taking my girl up to my room. I am totally indifferent about the whole process and find it funny why some would use terms like the "walk of shame". However, I can see how brining four different girls (or more) on four nights would somewhat complicate things if I had to actually check someone in as an "official" guest of the hotel. As I said, forget about breakfast buffet, I'll just take them to whatever is open around the Glorietta Mall. Thanks for your input, Tansak.

X Man
08-25-09, 12:07
Exec used to be my favorite, but now seem to have a minimum price of 3500. It wasn't long ago they were charging 2600. According to web site, the two sister hotels (Palm Plaza and) have the same 3500 charge for cheapest room.

I stayed at Rothman and Tropicana in August. Tropicana is about 3000, but at least it has a nice pool.

X

Executive Plaza Hotel should work out well for you. GF friendly, within walking distance of LA Cafe and other good bars and if you have time Robinson's Mall for indies.

Good luck, I wish I was with you.

Goatboy55
08-25-09, 16:01
I'm getting into Manila around midnight and flying off to Bicol at 8am the next day - is there a reasonably decent hotel very near the airport that would fit the purpose (ie 5 hours sleep)? Will be saving my seed for my sweetheart, so it's just for sleeping (this time!)

Fast Eddie 48
08-25-09, 18:56
Exec used to be my favorite, but now seem to have a minimum price of 3500. It wasn't long ago they were charging 2600. According to web site, the two sister hotels (Palm Plaza and ???) have the same 3500 charge for cheapest room.

I stayed at Rothman and Tropicana in August. Tropicana is about 3000, but at least it has a nice pool.

X

to X man

I first stay in the Rothman hotel 10 yr ago for 1200 peso, last yr is up to 1800 peso, what is the price for room now they do have a cute girl in the front desk.

Fast Eddie 48

Bay Area Puma
08-25-09, 20:40
Exec used to be my favorite, but now seem to have a minimum price of 3500. It wasn't long ago they were charging 2600. According to web site, the two sister hotels (Palm Plaza and) have the same 3500 charge for cheapest room.

XI stayed at the exec in june and they charged me for a simple room 65 dollars close to La cafe I agree with Mongerer 69 good cental place to be be for newbie Robinsons mall just a couple of blocks away and a sogo right in front of of mall if u dont want to take girl back to hotel It would be a great bargain if the room 2500 to 3000 but 3500 stilll not bad.

Member #3428
08-25-09, 20:58
I'm getting into Manila around midnight and flying off to Bicol at 8am the next day - is there a reasonably decent hotel very near the airport that would fit the purpose (ie 5 hours sleep)? Will be saving my seed for my sweetheart, so it's just for sleeping (this time!)

There is a Manila Airport Hotel, a 2 minute walk from the Aquino, assume you are flying into Aquino. Rooms are OK, 2,800 peso or so. But for a taxi ride you can get Dusit for maybe 4,000 peso. But for 4 hours or so, best to just walk down the ramp to the Manila Airport Hotel I guess. You'll most likely fly out of different terminal as there are three terminals you do know this yes?

Mongerer69
08-26-09, 04:29
$43 on Agoda.com

X

Amavida
08-26-09, 06:44
I first stay in the Rothman hotel 10 yr ago for 1200 peso, last yr is up to 1800 peso, what is the price for room now they do have a cute girl in the front desk.

Fast Eddie 48Its pretty depressingly ordinary. Last stayed briefly there about two years ago out of necessity. As observed prices steadily climbing & rooms steadily deteriorating. Rack rates 2,000-3,200PHP now.

Since your google seems to be broken please use mine..
http://www.rothmanhotel.com/rates.html

p.s. ever thought to try CityState hotel? walking distance to LA Cafe, Robinsons mall. Much classier than Rothman & the other hotels in that area & reasonable prices.

AV

Bill Holsten
08-26-09, 06:50
How long does it take to go from Clark to Ermita by taxi and how much?

Thank- you.

Amavida
08-26-09, 07:05
How long does it take to go from Clark to Ermita by taxi and how much?Lots of discussion in the AC threads about this.
Takes 1-2 hours depending on traffic (time of day). Prices? 1,500-2,500PHP
Your choice is get a tired taxi off the street & trust they don't scam you for, tolls, gasoline, repairs... or get a clean modern 'hotel car' for an all inclusive price. S'up to you..

AV

Jonjon751
08-30-09, 18:05
Has anyone here stayed at the Imperial Palace Suites? What is your opinion about the place? I was thinking about getting a room there since it's in a good location and the pictures on their website makes the rooms look great, but you can rarely trust any hotels PR.

Thanks for the help.

Sky Ryder
09-10-09, 11:08
RTFF for asking this, but I am willing to take the chance. Having RTFF'd I want to see if anyone has specific advice for a hotel in Manila. I am traveling to meet the Parents in AC next weekend. I have to fly out of Manila around lunchtime the next day and don't want to deal with getting up early and the stress of wondering if I will make my flight, so I decided to bring the gal to Manila with me. She told me she doesn't know much about Manila, so can't recommend a hotel for us to spend the night before my flight. I want to stay somewhere nice, but not break the bank and hopefully a reasonable distance from the airport. I am not too concerned with it being close to the mongering scene as I will be BYOP to this party.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions as long as they are something other than to "go F**K yourself"....:-)

Sky

Amavida
09-10-09, 13:21
...if anyone has specific advice for a hotel in Manila. I am traveling to meet the Parents in AC next weekend. I have to fly out of Manila around lunchtime the next day and don't want to deal with getting up early and the stress of wondering if I will make my flight, so I decided to bring the gal to Manila with me. SkyManila traffic is horrendous 20 hours a day, congested the other 4.

http://www.manila-airporthotel.com/ is closest. Least stressful option IMHO...

AV

X Man
09-10-09, 14:06
Thanks for the link.

Last month I flew into the new terminal and I think this hotel is right there at the exit. With the new scenery and the orderly taxi queue and the new terminal, I wasn't sure I was in the correct city!

X

Manila traffic is horrendous 20 hours a day, congested the other 4.

AV

Amavida
09-11-09, 04:52
Thanks for the link.No worries mate!

Last month I flew into the new terminal... with the new scenery and the orderly taxi queue and the new terminal, I wasn't sure I was in the correct city! Xheh heh you made me chuckle X! I've been back & forth to Oz on family business several times this year & had the same unnerving feeling. As I disembarked I always used to steel myself for the giant clusterf*ck & crumbling Marcos era architecture, now its kinda lost its charm.. if thats possible. Now its antiseptic.. And how about the improvements to Roxas boulevard on the bay? Great place to take your girl in the evening for a stroll/meal/shopping/play tourist at the Ocean park or act like teenagers at star city?

AV

Sky Ryder
09-11-09, 08:07
Manila traffic is horrendous 20 hours a day, congested the other 4.

AV

Thanks for the info, sounds like exactly what I need. And also the update about somewhere to take the GF for a nice evening, before she takes me for a nice evening.....

Genghois
09-15-09, 16:48
Dream play,

Fast Eddie 48

So it would follow, logically, that you're better off booking for one person rather than two? And then just... uhhh... checking girls in as you go along?

Gringoguy
09-20-09, 20:28
i am looking for nice but reasonable 1 br (not studio) apt in makati with "real" high speed internet connection for 1 month. i like to stay either close to greenbelt area (gb park place, parkview, etc.) or p. burgos street (a.venue, oxford, etc.). offcourse, burgos is cheaper then gb area.

i have seen some good deals from craig's list but

1. they are asking for lots of advance payment. i am not sure, if i would like those apt or not. would they be willing to return the payment, if i dont like them after seeing the apt?

2. how about "real" high speed internet? last time, i have tried wireless modem and cable. i did notice wireless card and cable modem runs into the congestion issues during peak hours (7-10pm every evening). i have heard dsl is pretty good. any suggestions/recommendations/experience will be appreciated.

Finrod
09-21-09, 15:18
i am looking for nice but reasonable 1 br (not studio) apt in makati with "real" high speed internet connection for 1 month. i like to stay either close to greenbelt area (gb park place, parkview, etc.) or p. burgos street (a.venue, oxford, etc.). offcourse, burgos is cheaper then gb area.

i have seen some good deals from craig's list but

1. they are asking for lots of advance payment. i am not sure, if i would like those apt or not. would they be willing to return the payment, if i dont like them after seeing the apt?

2. how about "real" high speed internet? last time, i have tried wireless modem and cable. i did notice wireless card and cable modem runs into the congestion issues during peak hours (7-10pm every evening). i have heard dsl is pretty good. any suggestions/recommendations/experience will be appreciated.
you need dsl if you want more reliable high speed browsing. the smart or globe wireless modems or usb wireless sticks are ok for simple browsing, chat and email, that's it; these are heavily dependent on location relative to the antennas. notice i said "more reliable" for dsl, that because it's still not guaranteed up all the time. also i have noticed that overseas connections are congested during the phil late afternoon and evening hours (up to 10pm or so), but it's better overnight.

Gringoguy
09-24-09, 13:12
you need dsl if you want more reliable high speed browsing. the smart or globe wireless modems or usb wireless sticks are ok for simple browsing, chat and email, that's it; these are heavily dependent on location relative to the antennas. notice i said "more reliable" for dsl, that because it's still not guaranteed up all the time. also i have noticed that overseas connections are congested during the phil late afternoon and evening hours (up to 10pm or so), but it's better overnight.do they have different levels speeds in dsls? i was wondering if you order some sort of premium service (or faster dsl) that may be better and hopefylly not shared by others.

Manfest
09-25-09, 19:49
Are all 5 stars hotel such as Shangrila, hyatt, and etc bar girls friendly?

Do you think it would be a problem bringing 2 girls at the same time to these hotels?

Is there any tips for a newbie like me?

All the hotels I've stayed at are very GF. This past trip at the Dusit, I didn't give the girl my real name, so she couldn't get passed the security, nor did she have a card to get to the rooms. Finally, she looked up my room number in an earlier email, and they called and let her up. Apparently, the whole struggle downstairs (which thankfully I was blissfully unaware) took 30 minutes.

So, the lesson is that even if it becomes obvious what is going on, and she is unregistered, and makes trouble downstairs, they still let her upstairs without much scrutiny.

Then, later around 2 in the morning, I called for 2 masseuse to come to the room (from outside), and they too didn't have my real name, but did have my room number. The front desk calls again, and lets these 2 ladies up after the confirmation (now 3 girls in the room). Again, no problems.

Finrod
09-26-09, 03:13
do they have different levels speeds in dsls? i was wondering if you order some sort of premium service (or faster dsl) that may be better and hopefylly not shared by others.
for pldt landline dsl, check out http://www.pldtdsl.com and look under packages. these require the 1 year commitment so best to find a landlord who has already installed it. unfortunately, they'll typically be cheapskates and only get the cheapest service. also the cheap service doesn't seem to have a good reputation versus smart and globe when i just looked at the most recent reviews so i might have to take back what i said before. ymmv big time. location location location. i will say i have used the higher tier pldt service in the past and it was generally good, but that was a few years back in makati. other broadband isps include bayantel and destiny cable. i know nothing about them, you'll have to ask elsewhere.

main thing to remember is that this is the philippines so you shouldn't expect 1st world quality service. i'm only guessing, but i think it's possible the overseas links entering and exiting the rp have become saturated during the afternoon/evening part of the day so it may not matter who your isp is if you need to connect to your home country at that time. as i said, i found that overseas connection performance improved after 10pm at night.

Escort Fan
09-26-09, 18:27
Just checking is the Sofitel Girl friendly?

Just checking cause:

1- it seems like a very nice hotel

2- Accor and Sofitel has been known not to be so friendly towards WG in other parts of asia ie: BKK.

Heard the buffet is one of the best in Manila, anyone knows how much it cost?

Marconista
09-28-09, 22:32
Sofitel is GF'ly! But - they register the ladies if you arrive after 11pm, if I recall correctly (My last stay was before christmas one year ago).
Lately I have only stayed in the Clubrooms where breakfast is included.
The breakfast buffet is just great, but I normally have my breakfast upstair, connected to the clubrooms. Sufficient enough for me. Also - they have "happy hour" where you can have some snacks and free wine/beer in the afternoon before you go out to have dinner elsewhere.
When taking over they first renovated the restaurant downstairs (even installed a chocolate-fountain), and then the clubrooms. Now upgrading the regular rooms as well.
It will be a great hotel, but expensive (cant recall the rates right now).

Just checking is the Sofitel Girl friendly?

Just checking cause:

1- it seems like a very nice hotel

2- Accor and Sofitel has been known not to be so friendly towards WG in other parts of asia ie: BKK.

Heard the buffet is one of the best in Manila, anyone knows how much it cost?

Htohtgaza
10-08-09, 10:03
Hi,

Need some info on some hotel at malate. did some reading on the thread but still got a few questions. I also went to some of the hotel websites. but still not much help. Would be very greatful if i can get some info on:-

1) sohotel- Went to their websites and it looks very impressive. but i didn't see anybody mentioning this hotel in the thread. so, is it a big no or yes?

2) how you guys rank Bayview, attrium, lotus garden, pearl hotel, pearl lane hotel, pearl garden hotel?

3) i couldn't find bayview hotel official website. Do any of u have their contact number n how much is the rate?

Actually i'm looking for a girlfriendly hotel but not too sleazy as some of my associates bring their family along on this trip.

Thank you in advance.

Starchild2012
10-09-09, 12:44
Hi,

Need some info on some hotel at malate. did some reading on the thread but still got a few questions. I also went to some of the hotel websites. but still not much help. Would be very greatful if i can get some info on:-

1) sohotel- Went to their websites and it looks very impressive. but i didn't see anybody mentioning this hotel in the thread. so, is it a big no or yes?

2) how you guys rank Bayview, attrium, lotus garden, pearl hotel, pearl lane hotel, pearl garden hotel?

3) i couldn't find bayview hotel official website. Do any of u have their contact number n how much is the rate?

Actually i'm looking for a girlfriendly hotel but not too sleazy as some of my associates bring their family along on this trip.

Thank you in advance.

I have stayed in Pearl Manila Hotel in Ermita near UN avenue, close to malate bars by taxi around 50 pesos. girl friendly and not sleazy with reasonable rate and friendly staff.

When u bring the girl, they will check and note down the ID for precaution, no questions asked, its a big building, but the hotel starts from 10th floor or so.

i think sohotel is good also and close to all the action, you can enquire

Paul2020
10-09-09, 19:37
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

I have not stayed at the other hotels that you mention so I can not rate them relative to the Bayview. Their web site is www.bayviewparkhotel.com and telephone number +63 2 526 1555.

Location is close to LA Cafe and I have walked there and back many times at night. Never felt threatened but was always alert. The rooms are OK but no WiFi in the rooms. There is WiFi in the public areas for about 100 pesos an hour.

Bayview is girl friendly. The security guard outside at the door will take the girl's ID and then must register her at the front desk. The process takes several minutes. Although I never had 2 girls at once, the front desk thought I did since I had registered several different girls over 3 days during my last stay.

Blizz
10-10-09, 13:47
Hi,

Need some info on some hotel in Alabang area. I search the thread but found nothing. Would be very grateful if I can get some info on hotels in the Alabang area. I found several already, like Parque Espana, Bellevue Hotel and Vivere but they seems more expensive than I would like. Does anyone know hotels around 2000-3000 peso's there?

Thank you in advance.

Blizz

Marconista
10-11-09, 05:44
@Htohtgaza,
I have always thought of Sohotel as a short-time hotel, as a lot of guys are mainly using it for that purpose. In another forum one guest reported that he saw a big rat in the room.

However, this is what I wrote about G-Hotel in the Penpals-thread some months back

G-Hotel is along Roxas Boulevard, next to Maynila Ospital.

Link: http://www.g-hotel.com.ph/
- and Tripadvisors have some reports as well:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g298573-d648427-Reviews-G_Hotel_Manila_by_Waterfront-Manila_National_Capital_Region_Luzon.html

I paid about php4400 a day for a doubleroom, including breakfast for 2.
No proble with visitors as far as I know. I never brought any in at late hours.

Its a little noisy, as in you can easily hear people walk outside the room. When the boardwalk was still open you could also easily hear the music from the bars across Roxas.

Friendly staff, and important to me - Free WiFi.

If you look deeper in the "Manila Hotels"-thread you can find more info, but it is a pain in the ass to search for "G-Hotel" in ISG.

Looking forward to go back to RP, but it will be mainly work next time in Manila (with lady workmates all over, limiting my possibilities).

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Warbucks
10-11-09, 12:41
Hi,

Need some info on some hotel in Alabang area. I search the thread but found nothing. Would be very grateful if I can get some info on hotels in the Alabang area. I found several already, like Parque Espana, Bellevue Hotel and Vivere but they seems more expensive than I would like. Does anyone know hotels around 2000-3000 peso's there?

Thank you in advance.

Blizz

I know the area well. Good luck finding a cheap hotel close to Ayala Alabang. That is the place where Filipinos with Pesos hanging out of their asses live so I doubt there will be flea bags in the area. You might want to check the Eurotel on Alabang-Zapote road in the neighboring city of Las Pinas and just make the 20 mins communte(with no traffic). Never stayed at the Eurotel but they look decent enough.

Htohtgaza
10-12-09, 03:42
Thank you so much for all the response especially the response on sohotel. I almost made the mistake of confirming our stay there. Will try bayview or G hotel. If not available, maybe have to look for hotel at makati because I've been told the area there is more suitable for those who brings family rather than malate. Thank you again.

Broko
10-12-09, 04:34
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Blizz

Next week I will stay 1 or 2 nights in the sogo hotel alabang next to the mall.
I stayed before in Sogo Pasay. The rooms are clean with a safe. Most rooms no windows but mirrors. A mirror as well on the ceiling.
Perfectly safe. Price around 2000 pesos.

Warbucks
10-12-09, 06:21
Next week I will stay 1 or 2 nights in the sogo hotel alabang next to the mall.
I stayed before in Sogo Pasay. The rooms are clean with a safe. Most rooms no windows but mirrors. A mirror as well on the ceiling.
Perfectly safe. Price around 2000 pesos.

Shit a SOGO in Alabang :eek: damn dude you just taught me something? I never have seen it or heard of it and I am in the area a lot. I never look for SOGOs though. I stayed in the one across from EDSA twice and that was enough me.

http://www.hotelsogo.com/branch/alabang_rotonda.html

FreebieFan
10-12-09, 06:44
Shit a SOGO in Alabang :eek: damn dude you just taught me something? I never have seen it or heard of it and I am in the area a lot. I never look for SOGOs though. I stayed in the one across from EDSA twice and that was enough me.

http://www.hotelsogo.com/branch/alabang_rotonda.htmlIts not actually in the posh part of Alabang.. its next to the large mall thats next to the South Highway. ( Metro mall ??) And its a ***** to get to the parking which isnt exactly next to the SOGO. Can't park your vehincle in the garage same as at Pasay branch..

Traveller China
10-13-09, 10:55
Going to MNL for the first time in a loooong time. Have 3 choices when it comes to hotels: Peninsula, Renaissance Makati and Hotel Celeste. Which one will be the most convenient location for fun and games? I read that Pen registers all arrivals, Renaissance does not. Celeste should be close to EDSA, so what is the verdict on the three?

Wytboi N Asia
10-14-09, 16:28
I'm soon to be visiting manila for the 1st time. I've heard that malate is a pretty happening area. I found a couple of condos for rent by the owners, but they all seem to have a 24 hour "concierge/security guard". I am wondering how restrictive this would be, and whether they would require my guests to sign in.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? Anyone know about baywatch tower near the sofitel and the us embassy?

Lakeside
10-14-09, 17:45
Going to MNL for the first time in a loooong time. Have 3 choices when it comes to hotels: Peninsula, Renaissance Makati and Hotel Celeste. Which one will be the most convenient location for fun and games? I read that Pen registers all arrivals, Renaissance does not. Celeste should be close to EDSA, so what is the verdict on the three?Did stay a couple of times at the Peninsula and did not have any troubles bringing back girlfriends. No registration required. Just make sure they are decently clad. Booked the Pen again for a stay end of November since it is convenient and strategically well located. I am looking forward to some more mongering experience in Burgos Street and Greenbelt!

Soapy Smith
10-15-09, 07:53
I may or may not have successfully reserved a room at the Manila Airport Hotel for the night before my departure flight. Since my outgoing flight leaves at 6:20 am, I'd really like to be as close as possible to Terminal 1 for the short night of sleep before the flight. I presume it will be short at both ends -- horizontal recreation when I should be getting off to sleep, and up and at 'em very early for the flight. I presumably just reserved a room, but there's no way to know for sure. Making a reservation does not end with a page saying "you've just successfully completed your reservation," nor am I hopeful they will email me a confirmation. In addition, the website provides no information about forms of payment they accept. Anybody had experience with the Manila Airport Hotel's reservation system and payment options?

Agoda shows another hotel airport a few blocks away. Cheaper and probably shabbier, but at least Agoda gives a registration voucher, and their systems have always been reliable in my experiences. Ah, yes! Welcome back to the Philippines, the home of unrealiable systems.

Member #3428
10-15-09, 07:55
I may or may not have successfully reserved a room at the Manila Airport Hotel

manila_airport_hotel@yahoo.com.ph

I think they take CC but I always pay in peso, it's 2,400 peso or such for double room or such... KFC is downstairs, some restaurant, some pool tables outside, a mini mart outside... beds are OK, hot water sucks, they want 700 peso extra if you have more then 1 girl in the room with you, they want all guests (beyond 1 girl) out by midnight...

They reply via direct email when I send items to them...

Warning... just FYI... they won't fucking call you a taxi they use their service only and charge 150 peso to take you to terminal 1 or 2... obviously it is a walk down the hill from Terminal 1 but getting a car that isn't indebted to them sucks.... Then again 150 peso to terminal 2 while a total scam is not going to blow my expense sheet. The important thing for me is the quick hit the sack with girl and get out on short layovers...

Spooks
10-15-09, 09:16
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

BlizzRooms are clean and tidy I stayed at the malate one. Prices from 1900 peso per nite upwards. The one in las Pinas is very close to Alabang and is less than 20 minutes in a taxi even on a bad day. The hotel is also directly opposite the South Mall so shopping eating and drinking is easy. At Night back to Alabang outside the Festival mall area there are new eatery places with live bands.

Euro hotel in las pinas is well located if you know where you are going or have someone to hand hold you. Lots to see and do.

Pompolino
10-15-09, 10:57
Going to MNL for the first time in a loooong time. Have 3 choices when it comes to hotels: Peninsula, Renaissance Makati and Hotel Celeste. Which one will be the most convenient location for fun and games? I read that Pen registers all arrivals, Renaissance does not. Celeste should be close to EDSA, so what is the verdict on the three?I stayed here my last time and had my gf registered - she was treated like a valued guest. It is no closer to EDSA than the Renaissance in fact it is just across the road. It is a small upmarket "boutique" hotel which has one of the best breakfasts I've had - anywhere. For mongering I don't think it would be that comfortable because it is so small you get to know all the staff very closely. In terms of service and quality I was very happy and would stay there again but if I was changing partners daily I would prefer the larger Renaissance to give me some anonymity. The pool is tiny and there is no gym here but it is a very short walk to Greenbelt and all the malls so location is perfect for restaurants and shopping.

P

Soapy Smith
10-16-09, 02:50
manila_airport_hotel@yahoo.com.ph

They reply via direct email when I send items to them...

Warning... just FYI... they won't fucking call you a taxi they use their service only and charge 150 peso to take you to terminal 1 or 2... obviously it is a walk down the hill from Terminal 1 but getting a car that isn't indebted to them sucks.... Then again 150 peso to terminal 2 while a total scam is not going to blow my expense sheet. The important thing for me is the quick hit the sack with girl and get out on short layovers...

Thanks Tansak. My questions were partially answered in an email I got from them. I had completed a registration form on their website and then left a comment about wanting some kind of confirmation. I got an email from an employee that asked me to reply with much of the same information I had previously entered on their website application. In other words, the website application process probably doesn't really work and nobody bothers to fix it. Where have I seen this before? Answer: all over the Philippines.

They take cash or major credit cards. Standard room is now 2500 PhP. I appreciate the cab warning. I will be leaving via Terminal 1. If it is walkable, I don't mind the walk, even with a couple pieces of wheeled luggage. But I presume I will have a companion, and I may want to send her off with cab fare, having her get a cab up on the departures deck. Trying to avoid the 150 PhP when a woman is in tow may sound like Cheap Charlie, but my real concern is it sounds like they're not a reasonable option for her to ride back to the Northern part of Manila.

Suggestions welcome.

Skip

Member #3428
10-16-09, 03:44
I will be leaving via Terminal 1. If it is walkable, I don't mind the walk, even with a couple pieces of wheeled luggage. But I presume I will have a companion, and I may want to send her off with cab fare, having her get a cab up on the departures deck. Trying to avoid the 150 PhP when a woman is in tow may sound like Cheap Charlie, but my real concern is it sounds like they're not a reasonable option for her to ride back to the Northern part of Manila.

Suggestions welcome.

Skip

Yes it is walkable I do it all the time arriving from the CO GUM flight. I often have my girl walk me back to the terminal not cuz I'm a Cheap Charlie but because I am a horny bastard and want a few more squeezes on her ass before I leave. It is much easier to get a taxi there and she helps move the little luggage I got.

The only thing is that on arrival it is a straight walk, and you even walk past a mini police point so I've not had any major problems from folks late at night walking those few meters from airport to the hotel.

On going back... you gotta show a ticket or passport or such to get back through to the guard but I just wave my passport and they let me and how many girls I am with through. But then you gotta WALK up stairs, and if you have a lot of luggage could be a slight problem.

The 150 fee is only to the terminals they are real bastards when it comes to other parts.

Yes the hotels web site sucks, never trust it, use email only.... But if you got a few hours only and have a girl delivered to your room and want a romp and shower then for a few peso it is just fine.

Member #1453
10-16-09, 05:00
Any experience with this place? Girl friendly? Safe? Clean?

I like the price and also its location (5 minutes from my appointments).

Any info appreciated.

Devils 1
10-16-09, 17:17
I'm soon to be visiting manila for the 1st time. I've heard that malate is a pretty happening area. I found a couple of condos for rent by the owners, but they all seem to have a 24 hour "concierge/security guard". I am wondering how restrictive this would be, and whether they would require my guests to sign in.

Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing? Anyone know about baywatch tower near the sofitel and the us embassy?Wytboi,

You need to RTTF! You did not read that Malate was happening because it is not. It is the biggest shit hole in the world. Don't waste your time staying there and go back and truly read the forum to find out where to stay and what to do.

X Man
10-17-09, 12:06
I'm not sure if Devil is taking the [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) or is actually serious.

There are many bars, live houses, street stalls and even upscale restaurants in Malate. It is jampacked on weekends. With the exception of the pricier places, the partiers are mostly young and Filipino. Near the north boundry of Malate where it spills into Ermita and Robinsons mall, you'll find several hotels, including the often recommended Executive Hotel.

X

Wytboi,

You need to RTTF! You did not read that Malate was happening because it is not. It is the biggest shit hole in the world. Don't waste your time staying there and go back and truly read the forum to find out where to stay and what to do.

Primo Bolan
10-18-09, 15:44
Is the Pan getting old and worn out?
PB

Horntoad
10-18-09, 18:25
Is the Pan getting old and worn out?
PB

Stayed at Pan Pacific last trip and it is still pretty nice. Nothing in the room was run down and great service. Also less expensive than the Hyatt and got complimentary wifi and breakfast which was pretty good.

Primo Bolan
10-18-09, 19:46
Ok thanks. Just read about a comment on it somewhere on the t adv.
PB

Wytboi N Asia
10-19-09, 16:55
I'm not sure if Devil is taking the [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) or is actually serious.

There are many bars, live houses, street stalls and even upscale restaurants in Malate. It is jampacked on weekends. With the exception of the pricier places, the partiers are mostly young and Filipino. Near the north boundry of Malate where it spills into Ermita and Robinsons mall, you'll find several hotels, including the often recommended Executive Hotel.

XThanks for the info!

Primo Bolan
10-19-09, 21:30
How about the rooms, is it worth to pay extra to get an exec room or up, or is it a hit or miss and just go for the standard?
PB

Berty109
10-20-09, 02:23
Have been trying to find a good quiet hotel in the Makari area Budget about 4000 P. Has anyone stayed at the Makati Palace lately.

I believe there is a good freelance bar in the same building. Is it still up and running ?

X Man
10-20-09, 11:56
Bad form. You got extra information about the place, but won't share it with ISG?

How about a URL and a price? X

Ok thanks. Just read about a comment on it somewhere on the t adv.
PB

Primo Bolan
10-20-09, 12:09
Bad form. You got extra information about the place, but won't share it with ISG?

How about a URL and a price? X
I dont know what you mean. I wrote that I found a posting on tripadvisor about Pan Pacific in Manila that said it was old. Its on the front page if you are to lazy to check it out, or do you want me to serve it on a plate to you?

From Trip Advisor:

"An Aging Star

What I didn't like about it:
The all place looks old and aged.
We were woken up at 7:30 in the morning by a lady asking if we had some laundry...
I've never seen that before, that's useless and very annoying.
Also they charged us a small amount for printing our boarding passes (2 b&w sheets).
I found that irritating for a hotel that category.
Not that the price for this service was expensive, but it should be free!
Come on they don't rely on that to make their place profitable...

Overall a average, mixed experience, I'll try an other place next time I visit Manilla."

PB

World Guy Sh
10-20-09, 13:39
I stayed here my last time and had my gf registered - she was treated like a valued guest. It is no closer to EDSA than the Renaissance in fact it is just across the road. It is a small upmarket "boutique" hotel which has one of the best breakfasts I've had - anywhere. For mongering I don't think it would be that comfortable because it is so small you get to know all the staff very closely. In terms of service and quality I was very happy and would stay there again but if I was changing partners daily I would prefer the larger Renaissance to give me some anonymity. The pool is tiny and there is no gym here but it is a very short walk to Greenbelt and all the malls so location is perfect for restaurants and shopping.

PSommerset Millennium is very good as well. Not near EDSA, 40PHP in a taxi to Greenbelt (pay no more). Rooms excellent, big beds, big showers in the suites (not the hotel rooms). You can get three in easily. Staff don't bat an eyelid, don; t want registration (although they check all bags).

My regular. Heck, last time I even got a "Welcome Back" note from the manager.

WGS

Robbaf
10-20-09, 22:56
Have been trying to find a good quiet hotel in the Makari area Budget about 4000 P. Has anyone stayed at the Makati Palace lately.

I believe there is a good freelance bar in the same building. Is it still up and running ?I have stayed three three times in the last two months and I will not be back. I always book on asiatravel.com and the last time I booked a suite, it wasn't available and I had pre-paid:( The front desk told me that a lot of the rooms were damaged and not being used. I never saw any bar in the hotel.

Robb

Member #4611
10-21-09, 07:24
Agree about rooms. You can walk to Green Belt 1 in a minute or two. Mini mart across road for phone cards, condoms etc.

They will call you to check when your "guest" leaves. Front staff can be really stunned but one or two are stunning which kind of compensates.

Avoid the Somerset Olympia though. Old rooms. Think Somerset Salcedo is good too.

You maybe should check their website for deals. Sometimes they are better than the travel sites. Mid Nov 3900 peos plus tax.

https: //www.somerset.com

FK

Sommerset Millennium is very good as well. Not near EDSA, 40PHP in a taxi to Greenbelt (pay no more). Rooms excellent, big beds, big showers in the suites (not the hotel rooms). You can get three in easily. Staff don't bat an eyelid, don; t want registration (although they check all bags).

My regular. Heck, last time I even got a "Welcome Back" note from the manager.

WGS

Escort Fan
10-21-09, 21:59
Manila is not extactly a premium tourist destination like BKK, but its hotel infrastructure is really sad!

While in BKK you can get 5 stars accomodation for 50 euros. 75 USD- in Manila there is just a handful of 5 stars (diamond, hyatt, shangri La, Pan Pacific, Sofitel) and it's really hard to get a room under 80. 120 euros (120 to 180 USD).

Also Manila is lacking quality 3-4 stars hotels (ie: no Novotel or similar range hotels in Manila), while there are tons of shitty hotels that will cost you 3, 000 pesos per night. 45 euros-. There is also a lack of nice boutique hotels (except for the one Pompolino mentionned below). I guess manila could use its own ABC or Lewis Grand!

That's my primary analysis of the hotel market in Manila: (but I've only stayed there for 2 x 3 days.

I think there is a need for more hotel rooms in Manila so I'm wondering what the big chains are doing.

I wonder how a place with such a low revenue and low workforce can't provide hotel rooms at a descent price!

Anyone knows a decent hotel which would cost about 75 USD or 50 euros per night? I'd like to be proven wrong!

Muff Eater
10-22-09, 05:45
Just booked Oxford Suites on Expedia for total of $60 USD/nite 11/7-11/12. Been watching it for a week at $72/nite. When I was ready to book it, it dropped to $49 + taxes and charges. Does anyone know if the hotel will automatically add any other charges?

Felly
10-23-09, 12:10
I stayed at the Oxford about 15 days ago and there was no joiner fee for me or my mate. The hotel guide in the room does say there's a joiner fee for girls staying after 22:00, but it wasn't levied against us.

We also spent two nights at Executive Plaza, which is cheaper, in walking distance of LA Cafe and GF. If I go to Manila again I would stay at E. P.

Escort Fan
10-30-09, 01:48
Is there in room wifi or LAN at executive Plaza?

Is it free or not?

Same question about oxford suites for prices.

Key Master
10-30-09, 09:06
Is there in room wifi or LAN at executive Plaza?

Is it free or not?

Same question about oxford suites for prices.Wifi in both, not free in either. I had problems with the wifi in Executive. It worked great when working, but that was about half the time. Not sure what the problem was there.

Don Chorizo
10-30-09, 21:30
Robinson Place Mall, near Ex Plaza, free wi-fi.

Escort Fan
11-04-09, 07:44
I'M currently writing this post for the Pan Pacific lounge on the 21st floor.

I would recommend the Pan Pacific, but I'd like to say that for me its #1 ranking among Manila hotels on tripadvisor is not justified.

I liked the hotel, the staff is friendly, the butler service is excellent, but the room are getting a bit worn out even though they are very clean and confortable!

The hotel was build about 12 years ago and it's starting to show its age. It's about time for a lifting.

Also, there are a few odd things, like the CRT TV above the bath tube! Come on, how dumb is that, a few water drops in the TV set and you're friend! That's very dangerous! They should put some LCD with some plastic covering instead!

Also the restaurant is ok but nothing special. If you compare it to the Hyatt across the street, I think the hyatt is superior is every domain, better food (by far), brand new rooms, bigger pool (by far).

The only reason to choose the Pan Pacific over the hyatt would be the price

After look for a long time on hotels site, I could get a room for 200 EUROS for 3 days (including ALL taxes but without breakfast), that makes an average 66 euros per night (100 USD).

The wifi is free at the pacific lounge, but in room wifi is 450 pesos per day.

(if your PC has a good wifi antenna you might be able to catch the robinsons free wifi signal, I could see it but the signal was breaking up for me.)

My recommendation: stay at the Hyatt if you can afford it but visit the Pan Pacific at 5.30 PM, on the 21st floor Pacific lounge for the cocktail, for a flat fee of 450 pesos you'll get a cocktail (value about 250 pesos) and some food, and you can watch the sunset over the manila bay from various angles!

I think the next time I will try the Diamond Hotel or the Sofitel if I can find good prices online.

Speaking of which, does anyone knows a good search engine to compare hotel room prices between all the vendors and find the best deal?

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

FreebieFan
11-04-09, 08:29
I'M currently writing this post for the Pan Pacific lounge on the 21st floor.

I would recommend the Pan Pacific, but I'd like to say that for me its #1 ranking among Manila hotels on tripadvisor is not justified.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.Tripadvisor is owned by Expedia. Expedia is the largest booker of hotels online.

Therefor some of the reports and rankings have less to do with the fact that a hotel may or may not be good, but more to do with the fact that a hotel that gives a good amount of business to Expedia is given a high ranking by them.

Which makes sense for Expedia but doesnt provide the traveller with an objective viewpoint. So now you know not to take Tripadvisors rating with a pinch of asin.

Curt Merrells
11-06-09, 16:43
Have just been booked into Makati Palace Hotel. Haven't got a clue about what to expect. Does anybody have any info on the hotel, the area, etc.?

Any info is much appreciated!

Pete Benetar
11-07-09, 21:12
Depending on your budget, the Pan would be a good place if you want to stay in the Makati area. I just left the Pan this am after a 5 day visit and enjoyed the hotel, with rate of just under 100 USD via kayak.com (which took me to hotel.com). I had to pay 480 peso per day for wifi and the rate did NOT include breakfast.

The rooms are indeed getting worn, but the staff was excellent. If you are on a budget, there are some acceptable hotels across the street, going toward Robinsons (I think Pensioner is the name of one) with rates on acceptable rooms as low as 30 USD or so, but the services and facilities of course are not going to be in league with the Pan or Hyatt.

This was my first visit to the PI and I am not inclined to go back to Makati area. LA cafe I thought was fine and with small broods of hookers milling about front at Robinson's, girls were no problem. But the streets are laden with beggars, trash, urchins, hustlers and myriad forms of other crap. I didn't encounter anyone hostile but the place in general just seemed too dilapidated to burn a 5 star reservation on.

I'd like to head up to Angelas city next go round and if anyone can tell me if A city is any better/worse than the streets about the LA Cafe, I sure would appreciate any comparative comments.

Pete Benetar
11-07-09, 23:23
I might have referred to the Pan Pacific being in the Makati district on my last post (not shown yet) and I believe it should be Malate. Apologies if so; newbie mistake on these districts.

Muff Eater
11-08-09, 13:31
Checked into the hotel last night and my room was a decent size but older and worn. Got the Executive Room w/ qn bed, armchair, desk, tv, small refrigerator and safe. The staff is very pleasant and accomodating. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. Made to order omelet, bacon, scrambled eggs, ginger glazed fish, tapa, rice, cereal, breads and even tossed salad. Best thing is they're gf and call room before allowing the guest to leave to make sure everything's okay.

Jackzonian
11-11-09, 02:58
I didn't see any post about the City Garden Hotel in Makati.

I stayed there a couple of years back for a couple of nights. I liked it. I think I paid about US$100 per night and I see on the i-net they advt a room for $65.

That was my first and only trip to the PI so I don't know much. Any extra info here about the City Garden would help. Thinking about going back for a visit.

comments welcome, jxx

Escort Fan
11-11-09, 05:28
I'd like to head up to Angelas city next go round and if anyone can tell me if A city is any better/worse than the streets about the LA Cafe, I sure would appreciate any comparative comments.The Pan Pacific and the Hyatt aren't part of Makati , it's part of Malate!

if you think Malate is ghetto, then don't go to Angeles... AC is like a favella with bars in one street. (fields avenue).

Frankly the PI are beautiful country and AC is the worst place in it

If you're looking for something a bit more decent , sophisticated, you'd better in Cebu. (or even in Davao is you like laid back places).

Pete Benetar
11-11-09, 22:02
LOL...yeah, makati, malate, I can't keep them straight though I did at least a half ass job trying to correct myself about 10 minutes after my initial post.

The "ghetto" honestly didn't bother me too much. I was rather enamored by it in some perverse way, especially with the stark contrast of going in and out of the Pan (quasi luxury) a/w/a Robinson's Plaza, which is really a great mall, if perhaps well overpriced for the PI.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try Cebu next leisure hunt unless I get a wingman for A city and see where she takes me.

I'll be back in Manila in February though for a conference; any suggestions on a decent Manila hotel within walking distance of a place anything like the LA Cafe (I really liked the LAC) where the surrounding streets do not have a "ghetto" feel?

Best regards, PB

Horntoad
11-12-09, 22:30
LOL...yeah, makati, malate, I can't keep them straight though I did at least a half ass job trying to correct myself about 10 minutes after my initial post.

The "ghetto" honestly didn't bother me too much. I was rather enamored by it in some perverse way, especially with the stark contrast of going in and out of the Pan (quasi luxury) a/w/a Robinson's Plaza, which is really a great mall, if perhaps well overpriced for the PI.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try Cebu next leisure hunt unless I get a wingman for A city and see where she takes me.

I'll be back in Manila in February though for a conference; any suggestions on a decent Manila hotel within walking distance of a place anything like the LA Cafe (I really liked the LAC) where the surrounding streets do not have a "ghetto" feel?

Best regards, PB

If you're looking to be close to LA Cafe, then I would suggest either going back to Pan Pacific or staying at the Hyatt which is a block and a half closer to LA Cafe. You might consider staying in Makati at either the Renaissance, Dusit, Intercontinental, etc. because they are all right next to or in the Greenbelt or Glorietta malls. You got the oilies Phoenix One or Palacio Don Pedro for daytime and you can take a cab to LA Cafe or EDSA at night. I would stay away from Burgos. Also there is Cafe Havana in Greenbelt which is a hit or miss.

Robbaf
11-12-09, 22:49
I think the next time I will try the Diamond Hotel or the Sofitel if I can find good prices online.

Speaking of which, does anyone knows a good search engine to compare hotel room prices between all the vendors and find the best deal?
I have stayed at the Diamond hotel over 100 times in the last two years. Good hotel and the buffets are great.

I use asiatravel.com and I haven't found any booking site that can beat their prices and I have compared almost every travel site online.

Robb

Finrod
11-13-09, 08:26
I've stayed in Executive Plaza and Eurotel this week.

Most everyone knows Executive Plaza fairly well so just a few things about them: In my limited experience, they don't check girls coming or going. No safes in the rooms and their safety deposit boxes look a bit dodgy. Their wifi is horrendously expensive as is typical of hotels in Manila. 240p/hour or 480p/4 hours. At least it works. Agoda.com for the best rates. I got US$41/night plus taxes for the standard room. Their lobby travel service will only help you if there's money in it for them.

Eurotel: the new and lightly reviewed kid on the block: located directly across the street from the Pedro Gil entrance to Robinson's Place mall which is really convenient for those who don't mind hitting the mall for meals. BTW, I don't see many FL'ers there until evening hours and they're mostly hanging around outside the entrance. Room prices are posted in the lobby; they're not much different from what you will find on agoda.com. So you could walk up there and get any style room you want at the posted price if it's available. They don't seem to have their own website so if advance booking is needed, you can go through agoda.com.

Eurotel have studios which can be had for ST. When I first arrived at MNL early in the morning and wanted to catch the Swagman bus to AC, I needed a place to crash for a few hours. 495pp/4 hours did the trick for a studio room. Other posters have been quoted 580pp. Guess it depends on what kind of room is available. No safes in the studio rooms, but the wifi is accessible. No windows in most of these rooms.

They have standard rooms for 2330p/night inclusive of taxes and breakfast. Many of these rooms also have no windows. They do have safes though, but the safes are too small for anything but cash, wallets and phones. My netbook won't fit in there. I suppose you can request these rooms with windows in advance, but I think next time, I will spend a little more money and ask for the suite. These are on the upper floors, have windows and include a refrigerator in addition to the other amenities. There's also a family style suite with a 2nd bed in the room, but I didn't ask to see that room so can't say what it's like.

The rooms are more spartan than Exec Plaza and the beds only come with sheets no blankets. The shower water was warm at best, not hot. But a real attraction here is that the wifi is *free*, yes, that's right, FREE! Just get the password from the front desk. My friend had a room with malfunctioning wireless access and there was an ISP outage today, but the wifi seems to work OK otherwise. So I would say be sure to ask for room with good wifi access if you need that.

Hopefully this starts a trend toward free or at least lower cost for internet access. Have not taken a girl back here so can't say about security around that.

Finrod
11-13-09, 08:34
I didn't see any post about the City Garden Hotel in Makati.

I stayed there a couple of years back for a couple of nights. I liked it. I think I paid about US$100 per night and I see on the i-net they advt a room for $65.

That was my first and only trip to the PI so I don't know much. Any extra info here about the City Garden would help. Thinking about going back for a visit.

comments welcome, jxx
You didn't search far enough back in time. I stayed there in 2006 and posted about it as did some other posters. Yes you can get rooms for $65/night now, maybe Agoda can do better? They charge for wifi, big charge; I think it was 560pp/day at that time so I went down the street to one of the internet shops to take care of business that way.

Rooms are OK, but one downside is that there are only two elevators for the entire hotel; they're used by the service personnel as well as customers so you can find yourself waiting awhile at times. No checking girls at security coming or going.

I have also stayed in City Garden Manila which is in Ermita on Mabini near Padre Fauria St (near Robinson's Place). This one charges the same, but I didn't think it was as nice as the Makati facility.

Escort Fan
11-14-09, 06:02
I wanted to go to my usual Hyatt hotel or Pan Pacific but they were very expensive for a 2 nights stay this week end.

Wonder why, maybe there is a convention or something.

Anyway ended up booking Diamond Hotel on expedia for about 100 USD / night. That's a superior room including wifi (free wifi in manila is always a plus as its often charged 5-600 pesos per day!).

Compared to pan pacific I think diamond hotel is up to par: pros:

Nice room with a coach, good size

Good bathroom (PanPacific bathroom is also nice)

Nice poolside (pan pacific pool is tiny)

Crappy CRT TV (PP has LCD)

Free internet (PP is 500 or 600 per day)

Many restaurants (PP except the roof top one is limited on the food side)

. But I ordered a cheeseburger from the Palm Court Café and it was *really* bad I mean sub Jolibee standard!

Cons:

Non existant service (compared to the excellent butler service at PP)

Ugly & massive building (compared to hyatt) on the bright side when you're inside you don't see it

I think the PP is more cosy, so I might return there, but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with Diamond hotel, it doesn't belong to any big chain it seems but has a quite high standard then again it has high prices!

If you like spending time on the pool side, you might really consider staying here!

Muff Eater
11-14-09, 06:32
I stayed there for a week. Breakfast buffet was great! Room was decent, clean, just old wall paper. Got a good deal of $49/night on Expedia. Centrally located and girl friendly. Only downside w/ being in the middle of the district was that there are tons of street vendors that keep nagging people to buy viagra, knives, shoes, glasses, etc. I would definitely stay there again!

Key Master
11-14-09, 22:53
You didn't search far enough back in time. I stayed there in 2006 and posted about it as did some other posters. Yes you can get rooms for $65/night now, maybe Agoda can do better? They charge for wifi, big charge; I think it was 560pp/day at that time so I went down the street to one of the internet shops to take care of business that way.

Rooms are OK, but one downside is that there are only two elevators for the entire hotel; they're used by the service personnel as well as customers so you can find yourself waiting awhile at times. No checking girls at security coming or going.

I have also stayed in City Garden Manila which is in Ermita on Mabini near Padre Fauria St (near Robinson's Place). This one charges the same, but I didn't think it was as nice as the Makati facility.

Rooms are pretty decent. The breakfast buffet was so so. I don't like the way it's managed. They are very slow to refill the food there and a lot of times 30-40 minutes before buffet is over they won't it seems. The elevators are extremely slow as there are many floors and only two there as mentioned. But it's a good spot. They gym is pretty good also.

Cunning Stunt
11-16-09, 04:59
For those who intend basing themselves for more than a few days in Malate and prefer a condo to a hotel, I came across this site offering short term rentals at One and Three Adriatico, next door to Robinsons Mall.

http://www.tourist-rooms.com/malate.html

I’m intrigued by their offer of a free 3 hour ‘tour’ of the area with a beautiful tourist guide/fashion model. If the pictures of this guide is to be believed I think that I would prefer the tour to take place around the bedroom of the condo unit;).

X Man
11-16-09, 13:01
First, I want to say thanks because I never thought in a hundred years you could get a DH room for a hundred bucks.

Second, I thought the DH was relatively attractive compared to most other massive buildings on the Waterfront. Are you comparing to the Hyatt in Malate, or some where else?

Yep great pool. X

I wanted to go to my usual Hyatt hotel or Pan Pacific but they were very expensive for a 2 nights stay this week end.

Wonder why, maybe there is a convention or something.

Anyway ended up booking Diamond Hotel on expedia for about 100 USD / night. That's a superior room including wifi (free wifi in manila is always a plus as its often charged 5-600 pesos per day!).

Compared to pan pacific I think diamond hotel is up to par: pros:

Nice room with a coach, good size

Good bathroom (PanPacific bathroom is also nice)

Nice poolside (pan pacific pool is tiny)

Crappy CRT TV (PP has LCD)

Free internet (PP is 500 or 600 per day)

Many restaurants (PP except the roof top one is limited on the food side)

. But I ordered a cheeseburger from the Palm Court Café and it was *really* bad I mean sub Jolibee standard!

Cons:

Non existant service (compared to the excellent butler service at PP)

Ugly & massive building (compared to hyatt) on the bright side when you're inside you don't see it

I think the PP is more cosy, so I might return there, but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with Diamond hotel, it doesn't belong to any big chain it seems but has a quite high standard then again it has high prices!

If you like spending time on the pool side, you might really consider staying here!

GoodEnough
11-16-09, 13:05
There's a huge US/Philippines military conference here through the 19th, and there are about 5,000 US officers in Manila. All of the large five start hotels in Makati are full. I'm at the Dusit now and it's packed, with US Marine officers all over the place. This may account for the rise in prices.

GE

X Man
11-16-09, 13:14
Does anyone besides me see the irony? Every TOM, DICK and HARRY has to takes his shoes off at aiports all around the world, yet the US government (which promotes the hysteria) parks it's finest in just a few five star hotels in a 3rd world country known for big bangs?

X

There's a huge US/Philippines military conference here through the 19th, and there are about 5,000 US officers in Manila. All of the large five start hotels in Makati are full. I'm at the Dusit now and it's packed, with US Marine officers all over the place. This may account for the rise in prices.

GE

GoodEnough
11-16-09, 13:24
Does anyone besides me see the irony? Every TOM, DICK and HARRY has to takes his shoes off at aiports all around the world, yet the US government (which promotes the hysteria) parks it's finest in just a few five star hotels in a 3rd world country known for big bangs?

X
There's no irony here at all. Makati is not exactly known as a hotbed of terrorism, plus there's enough firepower/security in the hotel to make short work of anyone with "revolutionary" intentions. The five stars are probably the safest possible places to put people here in Manila.

GE

Warbucks
11-17-09, 02:25
Attention: Good Enough, Tansak and Wicked R and other clientele of fine hotels in the Metro Manila area. You guys have got to check out the Marriot across from airport. I needed a special hotel for a special lady for a special occasion and it fit the bill to the tee. Yes I have stayed at the Shangri-La, Peninsula, Hyatt and the list goes on and on….

The place is simply stunning. Modern Zen type, architecture. Service is top notch, food is Tony the Tiger…. great. I have stayed in some nice spots in Dubai and Tokyo but this place is good as it gets... If you got the cash and looking for a nice place to crash it would have to be in your personal top 5 in Metro Manila.

Jambo
11-17-09, 03:21
there's enough firepower/security in the hotel to make short work of anyone with "revolutionary" intentions. The five stars are probably the safest possible places to put people here in Manila.
I dunno, my memory of a few places I have been in Makati and Cebu suggest otherwise. Aside from the big resorts that attract TV star types, all I ever see are a couple of sleepy guards with old shotguns. And no barriers to entry.

I've seen at Dusit, they allow trucks to drive up to the the front doors and unload.

At a nice high-rise place in Cebu across from the mall, a 16-wheeler propane truck parked in front of the lobby and took about an hour to re-fill the hotel tank. The manager there said they had no choice.

And all these places seem to have open lobby's. Only some glass to keep a vehicle from busting right in.

I hope they've added more barricades since I was there last.

Member #3428
11-17-09, 03:31
Attention: Good Enough, Tansak and Wicked R and other clientele of fine hotels in the Metro Manila area. You guys have got to check out the Marriot across from airport. I needed a special hotel for a special lady for a special occasion and it fit the bill to the tee. Yes I have stayed at the Shangri-La, Peninsula, Hyatt and the list goes on and on….

The place is simply stunning. Modern Zen type, architecture. Service is top notch, food is Tony the Tiger…. great. I have stayed in some nice spots in Dubai and Tokyo but this place is good as it gets... If you got the cash and looking for a nice place to crash it would have to be in your personal top 5 in Metro Manila.Dusit was never top hotel by any stretch of the imagination. Due to work our contract is out of Thailand as such we are required to stay at Dusit but they give us a great rate and upgrade to a suite most the time makes it mandatory I stay at Dusit for stays under 2 weeks. Over two weeks it is Sommerset.

Razzor
11-21-09, 15:42
Halnase, about 4 blocks from LA Cafe and Robinson Mall. Good Location. Just use the streets that have lights on them at night and you won't have any problems. If you take a Taxi from the LA Cafe to the hotel at night, don't pay any more than P50-P100, kind of high, but if it's raining or things don't look safe. $2. 00 isn't much when you want to get back an enjoy that +$100. 00 room.

Razzor

Hi all.

I will stay in pan pacific hotel from 25/11 to 29/11. Any idea about this hotel? The location? Any bars or clubs for pick up near? Is this hotel mongering friendly?

Wicked Roger
11-22-09, 01:20
Dusit was never top hotel by any stretch of the imagination. Due to work our contract is out of Thailand as such we are required to stay at Dusit but they give us a great rate and upgrade to a suite most the time makes it mandatory I stay at Dusit for stays under 2 weeks. Over two weeks it is Sommerset.
Warbucks - maybe will try especially of I have an early morning flight would be better to mover there for the last night

I like the Dusit now...before it was not a great place but since the renovation a nice place to be and the pricing is always competitive when compared with similar. Locaton is good too. And nice beds which is of course important as mongers need our beauty sleep (some more than others).

The Club room is OK to sit and swap notes as I will be doing with Tansak and other ISG mongers late likely accompanies by our ladies...a veritable meeting of nationalities who get along harmoniuosly...why cant the politicians be as laid back as us...maybe they need more Filipina pussy :D

GoodEnough
11-22-09, 03:11

The place is simply stunning. Modern Zen type, architecture. Service is top notch, food is Tony the Tiger…. great. I have stayed in some nice spots in Dubai and Tokyo but this place is good as it gets... If you got the cash and looking for a nice place to crash it would have to be in your personal top 5 in Metro Manila.
Thanks WB for the recommendation, but I need to stay in Makati, which is where my office is and where most of my meetings occur. The airport area--particularly during the peak traffic periods--is just too inconvenient. Thus, since we get an excellent rate at the Dusit, and since I seem to get upgraded every time I'm there, I don't think I'll be changing venues any time soon.

GE

Warbucks
11-22-09, 14:14
Thanks WB for the recommendation, but I need to stay in Makati, which is where my office is and where most of my meetings occur. The airport area--particularly during the peak traffic periods--is just too inconvenient. Thus, since we get an excellent rate at the Dusit, and since I seem to get upgraded every time I'm there, I don't think I'll be changing venues any time soon.

GE

The Dusit is in a nice spot and for the price it is unbeatable. Probably the best place in Makati when you measure price versus quality. The Marriot is on the expensive side but I will be only going there in the future when me and the live in want to live the high life for a while or if got a decent looking "freebie" to play with for the night.

FreebieFan
11-23-09, 05:28
. The Marriot is on the expensive side but I will be only going there in the future when me and the live in want to live the high life for a while or if got a decent looking "freebie" to play with for the night.Not being picky but its maRRioTT.. double R and double t.

Been a shareholder for a while and pays a good dividend.

Wicked Roger
11-26-09, 04:45
Been staying here during my visit as the Dusit was full for some of the time, though did manage a night in the corner room (lots of space) the last night wihich impressed the cutie I was with enormously

Never thouight about this place until I spoke wiht another ISG member who stayes there regularlyand would recommend it. Not the Dusit but still a nice place, I had a big room (2 queen sized beds), booked via www.hotels.com and was fine.

Small annoying things were the lack oin internet for 24 hours ...plus the acompanying excuses (itn was the hotel's server as I told them but I had numerous others before it was fixed). Bath towels a tad small for a big bugger like me but I got 4 more and all OK

Never ate there as close to the malls and Dusit, and plenty places to eat outside.

Would stay again..I tried as Dusit full but it is also FULL next weekend so chose InterCon instead for similar rates as Dusit

Noguera
11-30-09, 06:16
I stayed here a couple of months ago and was extremely disappointed. I found it pretty damn expensive. As a walk in they wanted to charge US$175 per night for two twin beds. The next day I got a room for US$60 on www.agoda.com. The room was the smallest room I have ever stayed in. I would not go back here for any reason.

noguera

Wicked Roger
11-30-09, 12:28
I stayed here a couple of months ago and was extremely disappointed. I found it pretty damn expensive. As a walk in they wanted to charge US$175 per night for two twin beds. The next day I got a room for US$60 on www.agoda.com. The room was the smallest room I have ever stayed in. I would not go back here for any reason.

noguera
I agree the rooms are small and this was mentioned by another member earlier. I got a corner room with 2 beds and was OK - larger room. For the budget monger not bad bearing in mind you will bring a BG back for shagging. But each to his own. The hotel is full this week so must be OK for some which is fine. I booked mine via the web and got $80 per night so was happy as close to where I like to be in Manila

Primo Bolan
11-30-09, 16:20
Planning to stay at PP. Should I book for 1 or 2 persons?
I know they are guest friendly but how do you book?
I was in Manila in april but I always forget things like this.
PB

Soapy Smith
12-01-09, 09:00
Planning to stay at PP. Should I book for 1 or 2 persons?
I know they are guest friendly but how do you book?

I was in Manila in april but I always forget things like this.

PBCheck the hotel website or on the website of agoda.com or similar online discounter. Most hotels of this type give clear information in web advertising that the base rate is for up to two guests. So booking for yourself is like booking for two. If you want to, you can indicate in your registration that two will be staying, but then just don't provide the name of your partner, assuming she's somebody you'll pick up in your mongering. Very rare is the Manila hotel that charges extra for the second occupant. At third occupant and beyond, however, nearly all will charge extra.

Primo Bolan
12-01-09, 16:50
Ok after one look at PPs page I understand its the same price for two.

Spokaneman35
12-03-09, 21:26
I am looking for a hotel very near to Burgos street can you help would like a nice hotel.

World Guy Sh
12-04-09, 12:02
I am looking for a hotel very near to Burgos street can you help would like a nice hotel.The A Venue Suites are not bad and five minutes walk away. The bathrooms are a little odd but everything else is great - non smoking, comfy beds, sofas etc. You can usually get great deals on Agoda and the like.

http://www.agoda.co.uk/asia/philippines/manila/the_a_venue_hotel_suites.html

Ignore the sign about guests in the entrance. They care not a hoot.

WGS

Cecil
12-12-09, 18:34
Stonehouse Bed & Breakfast cheapest place on internet you get what you pay for. DON'T stay here even if no other place is available. Bugs were very bad. Prepaid on internet they told me reservation was canceled and I would have to pay again. They stated it was canceled at a time I was on a plane in the air. Yes my card was charged a cancelation fee. Still fighting to get it back.

Sogo's located all over cheap and no windows food sucked but locations were good.

Hairy Wonder
12-14-09, 12:35
Not being picky but its maRRioTT.. double R and double t.

Been a shareholder for a while and pays a good dividend.

I would really hope that they pay good dividends, based on how much they charge and how little amenities they provide compared to other chains! I have not stayed at any MaRRioTT properties outside of the USA because I know that I don't like to stay in the US based ones. I have never been impressed by a hotel that over-charges for a room, and then charges extra for what other hotels provide as part of the room fee.

Sorry for the rant!
Just MHO.
HW

Robbaf
12-14-09, 22:37
I am looking for a hotel very near to Burgos street can you help would like a nice hotel.I stay at the Makati Palace Hotel on Burgos. I get a one bedroom suite for around $100. King size bed and nice living room. I book under asiatravel.com.

I also stay at the Crown Regency Hotel Makati. Good location, but I only stay there now if I can get a corner suite for around $90, as the run of the house rooms are too small. I think that I told too many people about the Crown, as it is always fully booked now:(

Robb

Marconista
12-15-09, 22:58
True. I noticed as well that if you book a double room in The Manila Hotel they add about USD.10-15. I think it is to cover the breakfast.
Now I never ask for a doubleroom anymore, and no one is minding that I bring guests at any hour of the day/night. I think The Manila Hotel is one of the most discrete hotels in town. I always liked it there, but its getting worn.

A worse thing I experienced at the hotel was I was bringing a male friend to stay by the pool one sunday, and they charged me USD.10 for the towels and using the sunbed.

Havent stayed there during my last visits, not since December 2008, actually, if I recall correctly.

Very rare is the Manila hotel that charges extra for the second occupant.

Fast Eddie 48
12-16-09, 00:57
I will be back to Manila next month for a week, trying to find a good decent hotel for less than 40 USD a night, I don't want to stay at dump like cherry blossom or the rothman inn, 2 yr ago stay in Las Plamas at 35 USD there rate now is 45 USD, for a third country hotel price is higher than China and Thailand.

Fast Eddie 48

Puerto La Cruz
12-16-09, 02:00
I always check in my steady girl at my hotel. First, it gives her a key card and freedom of movement. Next, the province girl feels like she is somebody.
Nice girl and trustworthy. When she is not around I do what I want to do. No questions asked.

Images in this mirror may seem smaller than they appear.

Viajando Musico
12-16-09, 02:26
I stay at the Makati Palace Hotel on Burgos. I get a one bedroom suite for around $100. King size bed and nice living room. I book under asiatravel.com.

I also stay at the Crown Regency Hotel Makati. Good location, but I only stay there now if I can get a corner suite for around $90, as the run of the house rooms are too small. I think that I told too many people about the Crown, as it is always fully booked now:(

Robb
I stayed at Crown Regency 2 weeks ago. They gave me a big corner room instead of the regular room I booked. The space was great, but the AC couldn't keep up. I have been staying in this hotel since it first opened for its location and fair price(internet included). But I also notice that the hotel is aging very fast due to popularity. I am thinking of staying else where for my trip coming up in Jan.

Wicked Roger
12-16-09, 06:45
I stayed at Crown Regency 2 weeks ago. They gave me a big corner room instead of the regular room I booked. The space was great, but the AC couldn't keep up. I have been staying in this hotel since it first opened for its location and fair price(internet included). But I also notice that the hotel is aging very fast due to popularity. I am thinking of staying else where for my trip coming up in Jan.
I have stayed there (mainly because Robbaf did recommend a while back) and was very nice aprat fomt eh internet crap for 24 hours. Also was givena corner room/suite for around $100 (via hotels.com) and planned to stay there again but was full

Seems very popular and can be a tad tatty on the edges but for a budget priced monger who wants to be close to Makati, Greenbelt, Havana Cafe etc it is fine.

I have also stayed at the Dusit, Oxford Suites, Shangri La, InterCon, Best Western, Somerset and Tiara Oriental...so I like a variety at times (like my women :D)

Soapy Smith
12-21-09, 06:36
Others have reported on this one, but I'll add a few comments. The registration system on their website doesn't work completely, but they do reply with an email and in my two visits they had a room reserved for me as promised.

Standard room is about 2650 pesos and has two twin beds. Probably not a good bed arrangement into which to invite a new woman, but my squeeze found it cozy and there was no way she'd have wanted to sleep alone in the other bed. Other room types are a little higher, but not bad.

Rooms are clean and neat, and the bathrooms are also fairly recently tiled. No tubs, but the shower has a sliding glass door. Large tiled counter around the sink, but no spray hose for douching, which Pinays seem to prefer over tp.

A little "club" on the ground floor, but the menu was a little disappointing. Videoke seems to attract locals, especially men who can't carry a tune but sing loudly because they're unaware they're tone deaf. There's also a clean looking KFC on the ground floor, and a good little pancit restaurant 50 feet across the parking lot. There's a convenience store beside the pancit place.

No internet service via wifi or hard wire, but there's a 24-hour internet cafe in the travel agency on the ground floor.

They try to push their own taxi for a 150 peso ride that covers the 300 meters to the departure level of Terminal One. It's not too far to walk, but there is a steep set of stairs between the arrival and departure levels. Being a cheapskate I walked to the street and hailed an empty cab that had just dropped off somebody at the departure level. He was happy to take me back up to departures and then continued on to take my squeeze home. Much crying in the backseat I'm afraid, but the cab driver's urgency to get going brings an end to what might otherwise have felt like a painful, emotional eternity.

Obviously this is not the best hotel in metro Manila, but it's very convenient for late arrivals at Terminal One, especially if somebody is meeting you on the lower, arrival level. From the arrival level it's a short, straight shot with no stairs if you and your charming company don't mind walking 300 meters. It's also a good arrangement for an early morning departure, like Northwest's 6:20 am flight to Japan and Detroit, although there is the little hassle in getting luggage to the departure level. They are dependable for wakeup calls, and it saves you the time for the morning taxi ride.

Soapy Smith
12-21-09, 07:00
I will be back to Manila next month for a week, trying to find a good decent hotel for less than 40 USD a night, I don't want to stay at dump like cherry blossom or the rothman inn, 2 yr ago stay in Las Plamas at 35 USD there rate now is 45 USD, for a third country hotel price is higher than China and Thailand. Fast Eddie 48

If Cherry Blossoms and Rothman are dumps to you, then anything you find in Metro Manila for less than $40 will be a dump by your standards. Eurotel "studio" rooms are about $35 a night, with locations in Malate (across from Pedro Gil entrance to Robinson's Place), Quezon City (across from SM North EDSA), and in Cubao near Gateway Mall. They are new, bathrooms and rooms are clean, but they are small. Beds have 5" thick foam mattresses that will begin to affect your back after a couple nights. They have free WiFi that actually works sometimes, and a complementary Filipino breakfast. (Their longganisa is actually chunks of hotdog cut on the diagonal, but the red food coloring helps the disguise.) I've stayed at the Malate and Quezon City locations. You'll want to stay in your room and avoid time in the hallway. The hallways on the 3rd and 4th floors at the Malate location smell of sewer gas, and the hallways at the SM North location usually smell of too much floor wax or wax stripper. Oh yeah, they only provide sheets, and a blanket costs an extra 25 pesos, and most rooms have no windows. Some rooms have only a single outlet for plug-ins like phone chargers, laptop, or travel iron, and warning signs say that if you disconnect the TV -- even if only to use its electrical outlet temporarily -- an alarm goes off under the presumption you're trying to steal the TV. Other than these shortcomings, they're not bad, and all are very close to great shopping. I almost forgot: they have large painted mural photos of famous European landmarks on the walls of many of the rooms. Cunning Stunt has featured several of these as background for his frequent contributions to the photo forum.

There's a hotel on the circle at Paco Park, near Ermita, that sometimes goes for less than $40. X-Man has reported that it's owned by the owner of either G-Point or Amazonia, and it's girl friendly and decent. They also have a pool and a restaurant that looks nice in their advertising. if you believe advertising photos. But it's a little beyond walking distance to the Ermita clubs or Robinson's Place.

In the end, you'll probably think these places are dumps, so please don't claim later that I told you otherwise.

Cunning Stunt
12-21-09, 09:34
cunning stunt has featured several of these as background for his frequent contributions to the photo forum.

in the end, you'll probably think these places are dumps, so please don't claim later that i told you otherwise.

i quite like eurotel pedro gil (i was there yesterday). its my favourite hot sheeter in that the rooms are clean, its well located and it almost feels like a proper hotel, a thing which cannot be said of most branches of sogo (although the new drive-in just off quirino is ok).

its lack of windows (and power outlets) is a drawback but i have stayed in far worse places and could, at a pinch, put up with the place for a few days, if necessary.

as skip mentioned, the murals make a great backdrop for photo shots. i always seem to get rooms with london thames backdrops which make me feel right at home!

the nearest cheapies to the international airport are located in pasay city at the intersection of taft/edsa, near taft mrt and about five hundred metres from edsa complex. there is a couple of sogo's and a nicer smallish hotel called kabayon. there are also a few other motels rep001tered nearby. good for short stays and those catching early buses to dau/angeles although the area is non too salubrious and with quite a bit of nighttime street fl action as its close to the well known pasay local red light area.

there is also a small hotel much closer to the naia terminal on sucat road. forget its name but its 10 minutes by taxi from the airport and is about 200 yards from airport one mp. so could be a good choice. anyone know its name and room rates? or has anyone stayed there? problem is it appears to be next door to a disco (startrak? gro action?) which might mean noise pollution.

FreebieFan
12-21-09, 09:36
provide sheets, and a blanket costs an extra 25 pesos, and most rooms have no windows. Some rooms have only a single outlet for plug-ins like phone chargers, laptop, or travel iron, and warning signs say that if you disconnect the TV -- even if only to use its electrical outlet temporarily -- an alarm goes off under the presumption you're trying to steal the TV. Other than these shortcomings, they're not bad, and all are very close to great shopping. I almost forgot: they have large painted mural photos of famous European landmarks on the walls of many of the rooms. Cunning Stunt has featured several of these as background for his frequent contributions to the photo forum.
Robinson's Place.

In the end, you'll probably think these places are dumps, so please don't claim later that I told you otherwise.Theres a new-ish Eurotel on corner Pasay Road. Near Cinema Square (great for DVDS) and near a massage place where the massage price is fixed at P200 and the HJ price fixed at P500. Small rooms, same murals, loud staff on corridors, tiny 16 inch tvs, but price certainly works and location is ok too.

X Man
12-21-09, 11:06
SK, those reports were a long time ago, although some included pics of nude women dancing on the bed, so maybe that is what you remember.

Paco Park Oasis Hotel....probably still owned by the same owner of Amazonia.

Unique place, but poorly located.

I haven't been there in ages. X

If Cherry Blossoms and Rothman are dumps to you, then anything you find in Metro Manila for less than $40 will be a dump by your standards. Eurotel "studio" rooms are about $35 a night, with locations in Malate (across from Pedro Gil entrance to Robinson's Place), Quezon City (across from SM North EDSA), and in Cubao near Gateway Mall. They are new, bathrooms and rooms are clean, but they are small. Beds have 5" thick foam mattresses that will begin to affect your back after a couple nights. They have free WiFi that actually works sometimes, and a complementary Filipino breakfast. (Their longganisa is actually chunks of hotdog cut on the diagonal, but the red food coloring helps the disguise.) I've stayed at the Malate and Quezon City locations. You'll want to stay in your room and avoid time in the hallway. The hallways on the 3rd and 4th floors at the Malate location smell of sewer gas, and the hallways at the SM North location usually smell of too much floor wax or wax stripper. Oh yeah, they only provide sheets, and a blanket costs an extra 25 pesos, and most rooms have no windows. Some rooms have only a single outlet for plug-ins like phone chargers, laptop, or travel iron, and warning signs say that if you disconnect the TV -- even if only to use its electrical outlet temporarily -- an alarm goes off under the presumption you're trying to steal the TV. Other than these shortcomings, they're not bad, and all are very close to great shopping. I almost forgot: they have large painted mural photos of famous European landmarks on the walls of many of the rooms. Cunning Stunt has featured several of these as background for his frequent contributions to the photo forum.

There's a hotel on the circle at Paco Park, near Ermita, that sometimes goes for less than $40. X-Man has reported that it's owned by the owner of either G-Point or Amazonia, and it's girl friendly and decent. They also have a pool and a restaurant that looks nice in their advertising. if you believe advertising photos. But it's a little beyond walking distance to the Ermita clubs or Robinson's Place.

In the end, you'll probably think these places are dumps, so please don't claim later that I told you otherwise.

Soapy Smith
12-22-09, 07:53
There is also a small hotel much closer to the NAIA terminal on Sucat Road. Forget its name but its 10 minutes by taxi from the airport and is about 200 yards from Airport One MP. So could be a good choice. Anyone know its name and room rates? Or has anyone stayed there? Problem is it appears to be next door to a disco (Startrak? GRO action?) which might mean noise pollution.

Just looked on Google Earth. Just north of Air Force One (nearer the airport) is a place called Villa Al Pino. Appears to have a restaurant as well. It's on the same side of the road as Air Force One (West side). Google Earth entry shows a phone number: 6328266847.

Just a little further past Air Force One (away from the airport) and on the other side of the road (East side) is a place called Orange Apartelle. From the aerial photo it appears to be a wedge-shaped building squeezed in between the road and the river. There's a phone number listed: 6328293279.
Sktrek KTV appears to be kitty-korner and a little further down the road past Orange Apartelle, but folks who post that information on Google Earth often get the postings misplaced.

Cunning Stunt
12-22-09, 12:19
Just looked on Google Earth. Just north of Air Force One (nearer the airport) is a place called Villa Al Pino.

Just a little further past Air Force One (away from the airport) and on the other side of the road (East side) is a place called Orange Apartelle.

Nope Skip - neither of these. Next time I'm passing I will make a note of its name.

Never seen Villa Al Pino but have seen the Orange Apartelle and it looks a bit of a doss house from the outside.

Theres a new-ish Eurotel on corner Pasay Road. Near Cinema Square ..

Where exactly is Cinema Square, FF?

FreebieFan
12-23-09, 01:15
Nope Skip. Neither of these. Next time I'm passing I will make a note of its name.

Where exactly is Cinema Square, FF?Cinema square is an old old mall thats near all the Japanese restaurants in the Japantown part of Makati.

If you are on Pasay Road and turn right just before Skyway Entrance, after about 100 metres it will be on your left.

To enter Cinema square, theres a small road at the very right of the skyway entrance.

Its an old mall with lots of dvd stalls, cell phone stalls.

If you want porn pronounce the word PORN very clearly. Last time I was there I asked for porn, and they showed me to a cashiers counter and pointed at the "pone" which I guess does sound like porn. LOL.

Escort Fan
12-23-09, 02:55
On my last trip I went to Diamond hotel. I went there only because Hyatt & Pan Pacific had very expensive prices at that time (it was the day manny pacquiao had his fight against cotto).

I've been pleasantly surprised by the diamond hotel, it had a great swimming pool (of course superior to the tiny one from PP but also from the Hyatt one which one quite nice).

Wifi was included in my room rate (it was a superiror or executive room). The room was clean and confy. Had a couch with a table, so you can have a girl there and chat.

Service was nothing special though. (unlike PP)

On my next trip I would like to stay 2weeks or perpahps even 1 month+, I was wondering who knows short term condo option?

I've looked up craiglist and only found a couple of short term condo that seems like a rip off.

So if anyone knows where to ask:) I'm not sure about prices, but I think (hope) that for 10,000 per week I should be able to find a descent codo in Malate (I'm only looking for a large studio or even better a one bed room apt).

Warbucks
12-28-09, 15:13
On my last trip I went to Diamond hotel. I went there only because Hyatt & Pan Pacific had very expensive prices at that time (it was the day manny pacquiao had his fight against cotto).

I've been pleasantly surprised by the diamond hotel, it had a great swimming pool (of course superior to the tiny one from PP but also from the Hyatt one which one quite nice).

Wifi was included in my room rate (it was a superiror or executive room). The room was clean and confy. Had a couch with a table, so you can have a girl there and chat.

Service was nothing special though. (unlike PP)

On my next trip I would like to stay 2weeks or perpahps even 1 month+, I was wondering who knows short term condo option?

I've looked up craiglist and only found a couple of short term condo that seems like a rip off.

So if anyone knows where to ask:) I'm not sure about prices, but I think (hope) that for 10,000 per week I should be able to find a descent codo in Malate (I'm only looking for a large studio or even better a one bed room apt).

http://www.rentcondophilippines.com/

http://www.baywatch1403.com/

Fiend Devil
12-30-09, 16:40
Does anyone have any pics of Executive Plaza hotel I see here recommended so many times. I looked up online, looks decent but you never know of course.

Mr Hawaii
12-31-09, 08:54
Does anyone have any pics of Executive Plaza hotel I see here recommended so many times. I looked up online, looks decent but you never know of course.

Don't have pics but have stayed there about 2x a year for 10 yrs. when I was visiting P.I. regularly. Went back and forth between there and next door, Las Palmas Hotel (which has bathtub in rooms, Exec. Plaza has only shower stalls in the all but the priciest rooms).

Not fancy, but in the middle of things. Walk to Robinson's Ermita, LA Cafe, and other bars. Short taxi ride to EDSA and not far from airport. Hot water is decent, just try to get a room where the A/C doesn't blow on the bed. Take a look first...if the A/C blows on you while you sleep..guaranteed cold/sore throat/runny nose. Others have their preferences, mine was Executive or Las Palmas. Plus, all the girls knew the location cause they all know Robinson's Ermita.

Key Master
01-01-10, 08:28

The rooms inside are basic. I'd rate it 2-3 star. Hotel values in PI are kind of crap. But if I were to stay in that area, it'd be one of my first choices unless I could afford a lot more.

Member #4378
01-01-10, 18:53

You can find photos posted by customers on tripadvisor.com and on other sites. I have stayed there once and will NOT stay there again. I will prefer to pay extra 50USD or so a day and stay in a decent place and enjoy my short stays. My room had a tiny window and depressing look. The hotel didin't want to upgrade me for extra money since I booked through agoda. Front desk folks are not nice. I had a number of problems like overflowed toilet,.. The internet is rip-off (10$ for 4 hours) and the connection is not great - just go to the coffee shop not far from the hotel (on the way to Robinson) and use their free internet. If you are on tight budget, EP may be your best option, I dont know, but EP is not for me.

Fiend Devil
01-02-10, 02:45
You can find photos posted by customers on tripadvisor.com and on other sites. I have stayed there once and will NOT stay there again. I will prefer to pay extra 50USD or so a day and stay in a decent place and enjoy my short stays. My room had a tiny window and depressing look. The hotel didin't want to upgrade me for extra money since I booked through agoda. Front desk folks are not nice. I had a number of problems like overflowed toilet,.. The internet is rip-off (10$ for 4 hours) and the connection is not great - just go to the coffee shop not far from the hotel (on the way to Robinson) and use their free internet. If you are on tight budget, EP may be your best option, I dont know, but EP is not for me.

Wow does not sound good at all. Forgot about tripadvisor, it had 5 pics on it which showed a more real impression of it than their official site does. It's only 30 euro per night at on Agoda, Best Western on makati avenue is 40 euro right now so I might just go for that. It was ok last time for me, a little dated but did the job. Still looking for someting in that range which maybe better.

Me and my mongering mate are looking at 10 days on the next trip in Manila and we got to keep the hotel costs down as we go a bit mad with the 'entertainment' and we are not rich. hehe

Member #4378
01-02-10, 03:07
Wow does not sound good at all. Forgot about tripadvisor, it had 5 pics on it which showed a more real impression of it than their official site does. It's only 30 euro per night at on Agoda, Best Western on makati avenue is 40 euro right now so I might just go for that. It was ok last time for me, a little dated but did the job. Still looking for someting in that range which maybe better.

Me and my mongering mate are looking at 10 days on the next trip in Manila and we got to keep the hotel costs down as we go a bit mad with the 'entertainment' and we are not rich. hehe

I stayed in both Best Western and EP and will choose Best Western over EP. My trips are typically short so not worth for me to save a few euros at the expense of my comfort. You can try to stay in EP one night and see if you like it. It really depends on you and your taste in hotels...

Asian Flava
01-02-10, 04:24
I stayed in both Best Western and EP and will choose Best Western over EP.Can't speak about EP but have stayed at Best Western twice. Sandwiched around trip to Boracay. Was a bit dated as some have already mentioned on here but location is pretty convenient for Burgos. I will def look at staying there again my next trip. Hopefully in the near future! Value for price was right.

AF

Hairy Wonder
01-02-10, 10:35
I have stayed at the Executive once. I didn't like the "hard as a rock" bed, because my back is already messed up. My ex-gf found the Aloha Hotel a bit farther away from the action, but within walking distance (about 2 or 3 city blocks away from EP). If it's raining, or you just feel lazy, a taxi will take you to the EP area for about 50 php. It's at the corner of Roxas Blvd. and Quirino next to the G Hotel. The normal room rate there is 3500 php, but we were able to negotiate down to 2800. Every time I returned, I got that same negotiated rate. My experience has been a softer bed (better for my back) and decent rooms. But I have been in some there that did not have good water flow from the shower, and the air conditioner froze up. They had maintenance come in and clean the filters (from what looked like at least a year of buildup). But it still kept freezing up, spitting out chunks of ice, or dripping water. I complained to the front desk again, and they moved me. If you want to see the bay, ask for that side of the hotel. But be advised, this side gets very hot when the sun is shining on it, and the air conditioner has a hard time keeping the room cool. The "city view" side looks out at the nasty back yard of everything around the hotel.

Happy mongering!
HW

Lala Bay
01-05-10, 21:34
Has anyone been at the Pearl Garden Hotel in Malate recently? Is it any good? Every time I visit Manila I wonder why Hyatt and Pan P. are as expensive as they are..

Its Ermita/Malate, for christ's sake.

Horntoad
01-06-10, 07:11
Has anyone been at the Pearl Garden Hotel in Malate recently? Is it any good? Every time I visit Manila I wonder why Hyatt and Pan P. are as expensive as they are..

Its Ermita/Malate, for christ's sake.

Pearl Garden is a great value for the money in my opinion. Very clean and rooms remodeled with flat screen tv's. The least expensive room is very small though.

Docwiltro
01-06-10, 11:35
Does anyone have any pics of Executive Plaza hotel I see here recommended so many times. I looked up online, looks decent but you never know of course.The Executive Plaza used to be my choice of hotels when I stayed in Ermita, but that was when it went for p1, 300/nt which was a good value. Since it has become popular with punters, the value is not there; although it is a good hotel in general but not with prices in the p2K neighborhood.

I'll add a couple of pics; the girls were compliments of the EDSA Entertainment Complex.

Fast Eddie 48
01-07-10, 05:59
The Executive Plaza used to be my choice of hotels when I stayed in Ermita, but that was when it went for p1, 300/nt which was a good value. Since it has become popular with punters, the value is not there; although it is a good hotel in general but not with prices in the p2K neighborhood.

I'll add a couple of pics; the girls were compliments of the EDSA Entertainment Complex.Doc,

How long ago is that the price is 1300 P, I think the Las palmas is now 2200 p the room is bit better there, you cannot find any decent hotel in the area now for less than 2000 p.

Fast Eddie 48

Lala Bay
01-10-10, 01:25
Pearl Garden is a great value for the money in my opinion. Very clean and rooms remodeled with flat screen tv's. The least expensive room is very small though.Girlfriendly?

Horntoad
01-11-10, 06:38
Girlfriendly?

Definitely GF, I liked the fact they didn't ask for the girl's ID because I brought in a non pro. They did write down the girls names when I bought in two at a time though.

Soapy Smith
01-19-10, 05:17
This is a question for the next monger who checks into Manila Airport Hotel -- and happens to remember to check:

There is a little restaurant across the parking lot called Pancit Malabon. My recollection is that there is a convenience store next door to it. If you are in the area can you please confirm that this business is in fact a convenience store, and also check on the hours its open?

Many thanks, Skip

Devils 1
01-20-10, 04:48
I would like to recommend the Antel Residences also known as A Venue.

I have stayed there several times over the last year. The price is less than any other 4 star in Makati. The bldg is new so it is modern and up to date.

The location is on Makati Ave right across from Burgos St and a 5 minute cab ride from Greenbelt/Havana Cafe.

For a better look at the place google: A venue or Antel residences.

I have become friends with one of the leasing agents and if you make contact with her and tell her what you are looking for she can probably find a way to cut you a deal.

PM for her contact info if you would like to stay there.

Please dont mention this site or our hobby!!!

Ploughman
01-20-10, 08:39
I think the P1,300 rate at the Exec. Plaza was do-able via a travel agent in Angeles and earlier versions of the page at http://www.actiontravelac.com/hotel-accomodations.html. As you can see now, prices have gone up.

I lucked into a now-expired Expedia deal to knock a good deal off the cost of the Exec Plaza for the upcoming trip quite soon. Sometimes you can get lucky and find codes on Expedia or Orbitz or other international sites for something like $50 off 3 days with no minimum, or some other arrangement to put a dent in the cost if you book and pay ahead of time.

I've also stayed at the Soriente Hotel, which is probably around P1,400 and has spacious rooms but is getting a little tired. A few years ago it was easy to show up and just pay P999 or so.

The fundamental problem is that room supply in Malate can't expand to meet demand easily, and those with the money to pay the high real-estate costs and then tear something down so they can build a bigger thing up are more likely to be like the Hyatt than catering to the middle range. It's a consequence of all the success they've had at revitalization.

Member #3428
01-26-10, 11:51
My recollection is that there is a convenience store next door to it. If you are in the area can you please confirm that this business is in fact a convenience store, and also check on the hours its open?

Many thanks, SkipYes there is and it was open around the clock before.

Escort Fan
01-27-10, 12:27
At Exec Plaza wifi is free or not?

If not what is the price?

What are the good hotels with free wifi in MNL?

Hyatt & pan pacific have wifi at 5-600 pesos per day that is too much IMHO!

KyCuriosity
01-27-10, 23:25
At Exec Plaza wifi is free or not?

If not what is the price?

What are the good hotels with free wifi in MNL?

Hyatt & pan pacific have wifi at 5-600 pesos per day that is too much IMHO!Executive plaza is not free. It's at least 400pesos an hour (from what I remember) and when I did purchase an hour, I only got about 20 minutes of good connection out of it. I've stayed at the ExPlaza every time during my visits, but now I'm going to try a different location. Possibly try the Eurotel (don't' care about the windows). I've heard from someone at LA Cafe that the CherryBlossoms hotel was nice, but I never found it.

It's a good hotel for what it is. Overall, I'm happy with the service except for the internet.

Muff Eater
01-28-10, 05:16
Anyone stay in Citadel Inn lately? I'm wondering how much nicer are the pics than the actual rooms.

ME

Soapy Smith
01-28-10, 07:34
Possibly try the Eurotel (don't' care about the windows). I've heard from someone at LA Cafe that the CherryBlossoms hotel was nice, but I never found it.

Eurotel does have free WiFi. Sometimes the signal is better in the lounge, but there's usually at least a weak and workable signal up in the rooms. Rooms are small but clean. Limited table and desk space. Bedding is only a sheet beneath you and one above you plus three pillows. A blanket will cost you 15 pesos. Big deal -- 30 cents.

Don't know about WiFi at Cherry Blossoms, but I can tell you where it is located. From LA Cafe go straight out the front door and East on Romero Salas two blocks. You go past 7-11 on Mabini and then come to a T at Adriatico. Turn left and keep walking until you have gone just past Robinsons Place Mall. Turn right, go about a block on the roadway along the side of the mall. Cherry Blossoms will be on your left. Last thing I knew it was painted pink; probably still is. They don't show up on Agoda and other discounting sites, but they may have a website. They will take reservations by phone.

Some people consider it a dump. I always liked it. They had a good complimentary breakfast with good service in the restaurant. First floor lounge is small. Rooms have a decent little kitchenette, but a few have only twin beds. Okay for an ST, but not what the doctor ordered for wrapping yourself around a little lady during an LT.

Asian Rain
01-28-10, 14:53
cherry blossoms is a bit of a dump as it is a bit worn, but it is quite clean the location cannot be beat (access to shopping mall = 30 second walk) and proximity to la cafe and other venues is a <5min walk. no need for taxis anytime. there are other reasons i love cb, but they are my own. ;)

wifi is available at cb, but it is charged. php100 for a passkey from the front desk. for me, i just use the internet shop next to la cafe. they have a laptop desk, so i just bring my hp and plug in. work at high speed for an hour and pay them a dollar. no fuss. if you want free wifi, just go to la cafe and buy a drink and use their free wifi waves... signal strength varies around the bar, though. enjoy manila, asianrain

don't know about wifi at cherry blossoms, but i can tell you where it is located. from la cafe go straight out the front door and east on romero salas two blocks. you go past 7-11 on mabini and then come to a t at adriatico. turn left and keep walking until you have gone just past robinsons place mall. turn right, go about a block on the roadway along the side of the mall. cherry blossoms will be on your left. last thing i knew it was painted pink; probably still is. they don't show up on agoda and other discounting sites, but they may have a website. they will take reservations by phone.

some people consider it a dump. i always liked it. they had a good complimentary breakfast with good service in the restaurant. first floor lounge is small. rooms have a decent little kitchenette, but a few have only twin beds. okay for an st, but not what the doctor ordered for wrapping yourself around a little lady during an lt.

Buko Max
01-28-10, 21:23
Some people consider it a dump. I always liked it. They had a good complimentary breakfast with good service in the restaurant. First floor lounge is small. Rooms have a decent little kitchenette, but a few have only twin beds. Okay for an ST, but not what the doctor ordered for wrapping yourself around a little lady during an LT.
Would have to agree with you and AR, I like the hotel and you can't beat the location! A few months ago the place was booked so I would recommend advanced reservations. If you upgrade to the next sized room, it includes a king sized bed in a spacious room! Their safety boxes are very secure located in a small room off the front desk. Found the night shift security guards very helpful; seems like they can get you most anything you desire!

Tryntry
02-04-10, 15:53
What are the good hotels with free wifi in MNL?Try the Pearl Garden. Pricer than the Excutive Plaza. Free but spotty wifi in room. Much better connection at the coffee shop on the street floor.

Ozzy Bkk
02-07-10, 06:07
I have recently stay in these 4 hotels:

Eurotel:

Wifi free but low quality, everydays was disconnected and obliged to call supervisor for restart router that took a long time.

I choosed "mini suite" room (50 USD) that did not provide a bigger room and windows. The breakfast included in the price was horrible.

Palm Plazza:

Totally renovate rooms are clean (superior room at 50 USD with no abf) but very noisy if your room is located on the street side (Pedro Gil).

Wifi is expensive but with good quality, I choosed the card access for 960 pesos for 14 hours (valid 48H)

Las Palmas:

Deluxe room (at 50 USD no abf) is better than at Palm Plaza and really less noisy.

Wifi is quoted at same price than Palm Plaza (same card system) but have an unlimited access card for a week quoted ŕ 1500 pesos. The 960 pesos card is also available.

City state Tower:

Deluxe room (at 50 USD with abf) is same quality as Las Palmas. The wifi acess is quoted at 100 pesos per hour! For long usage you have to negociate the price.

For now, Las Palmas seems to be the best deal (location, quality of the room, and wifi price if you stay a week).

Important: Wifi is free at Robinson shopping mall (second floor).

Mikelatin72
02-18-10, 09:32
I am using to stay in Pan Pacific Manila, Ermita/Malate zone near LA cafe. This time proposed me the new Marriot Hotel Manila. I do not have idea if it is GF or if the location is convenient of far from anything.

Any Advise?

Red Kilt
02-19-10, 07:53
I am using to stay in Pan Pacific Manila, Ermita/Malate zone near LA cafe. This time proposed me the new Marriot Hotel Manila. I do not have idea if it is GF or if the location is convenient of far from anything.The new Marriott is very plush but it is situated way out by the "new" Terminal 3. It is quite a drive from there to EDSA IEE, further still to Burgos and even further to Malate bars (including LA Cafe).

After 9pm traffic is easier, but between 4.30 - 8.30 pm traffic all around that southern part of Manila sucks.

If you are comparing facilities, Marriott wins by miles. If you are lcomparing location and proximity to mongering sites, Pan Pacific is better.

Escort Fan
02-20-10, 22:36
I haven't tried to new marriott BUT it is only useful is you are on transit.

Who would want to spend his holiday time in a remote place facing an airport terminal?

I am currently at the A venue suite hotel in makati.

Room: descent but a bit too tiny even though I like the 1 bedroom concept.

Bathroom: total turnoff with that tiny bathtube in which a 10 years old could not even strech his leg. It's hardly even big enough for MiniMe.

Elevator: second turnoff there are only two of them and you always need to wait, wait, wait.

Overall the concept was fine, but there are maybe too many turnoffs for me to recommand the place even though the value for money is ok. (especially now as it's Chinese new year season and price are high).

Also it's quite new but I feel like this place will not age well.

Also there are lots of ants or whatever that is. Annoying.

Pete Benetar
02-21-10, 05:04
The new Marriott is very plush but it is situated way out by the "new" Terminal 3. It is quite a drive from there to EDSA IEE, further still to Burgos and even further to Malate bars (including LA Cafe).Wondering if the Cococobana, across from the EDSA, is worthy? Locations seems plum - directly across the walkbridge from EDSA - but I've never stayed there.

X Man
02-22-10, 05:22
I haven't stayed there in a long time. It has a pool and is near the airport, EDSA EC and Mall of Asia, so those things make it worth consideration. The room I was in had a kitchen/living area and a large balcony. I think many of the units are used more for long term stays. Mostly Filipino customers. The rooms are old / simple.

Daytime activities might include a walk in the Baclaran market. Also you would not be far from the Airport Road bars, which are nothing special, but worth a look for the adventerous.

Is there a walkbridge at that location now, or are you referring to the one at Roxas Blvd? X

Wondering if the Cococobana, across from the EDSA, is worthy? Locations seems plum - directly across the walkbridge from EDSA - but I've never stayed there.

Cunning Stunt
02-22-10, 13:13
I haven't stayed there in a long time. It has a pool and is near the airport, EDSA EC and Mall of Asia, so those things make it worth consideration. The room I was in had a kitchen/living area and a large balcony. I think many of the units are used more for long term stays. Mostly Filipino customers. The rooms are old / simple.

Daytime activities might include a walk in the Baclaran market. Also you would not be far from the Airport Road bars, which are nothing special, but worth a look for the adventerous.

Is there a walkbridge at that location now, or are you referring to the one at Roxas Blvd? X

Looks quite horrible from the outside. I dread to think what the rooms look like. The area is grotty as well, being situated on a busy road with nothing but fast food restaurants nearby (Jollibee, KFC etc). Baclaran market is interesting enough but hardly a touristic hot spot and you will get lots of unwanted attention from the gangs of street urchins that throng the place. Once the market closes down, the area becomes a low cost local red light district with most of the pimps congregating on the south corner of Taft and EDSA, near the Sogo hotel. There are many ST hotels in the vicinity.

So in conclusion, the only real plus is the proximity to EDSA bars. The Heritage looks a much better bet but I wouldn't stay there.

There is a budget hotel on the north corner of EDSA/Taft which is quite popular. Think that it is called the Kabayan. Anyone stayed there?

P.S - yes, there are now a couple of walkways over EDSA, near the EDSA Complex.

Escort Fan
02-22-10, 14:43
Acutally aside from the bath room i'm thinking that for about 50 EUROS (3500 pesos +/-) It's a good deal if you can live with the shitty bathroom.

I am currently at oxford suites for the same price, I'm in a deluxe room on the top floor and I think it's really sub par.

Pros:

Clean room

Large room

Large windows

Clean & large bathrooms

Cons:

Worn out, worn out, worn

Worn out bed, carpet, tv basically it's worn out *. *

Shitty elevators

Expensive wifi

Shitty food

Seems tricky to find a good room for 50 euros in MNL. While in BKK for that price you get a 5 stars:)

Member #3428
02-24-10, 07:20
Normally always stay makati.. But need a hotel close to Delos Santos Medical Center in QC due to be on call for work. Any advice....

Finrod
02-24-10, 10:57
Regarding Eurotel: their wifi is thoroughly unreliable except in the lobby area. I took a suite room for the window, but it is no bigger than the standard room and the router in the hallway just never worked at all, even after multiple power cycles. The front desk answer to me was we can put you into another room, but there's no window. Grrr! I paid the higher rate on Agoda to get the room with a window, now they want to downgrade that? I was there 4 days and no real effort was made to fix that router or put in a replacement. Had to go to the lobby or across the street to Robinson's.

Well I think I will just stay in Exec Plaza next time. At least their room rate combined with their wifi rate is something I can live with. Plus the Exec Plaza room will be better kitted out with the accessories we look for in hotel rooms. Hand towels and floor towel, for instance. You don't get those in Eurotel, just the two skimpy bath towels, that's it. You get a blanket on your bed at Exec Plaza which helps when the aircon gets dang cold.