Thread Starter.

Freeler
11-25-06, 19:42
Lol!
:D
:)

Surfer
11-25-06, 22:37
Everton's fans in Asia have a home! Finally! Frankly English football is SO inferior to the Italian product (and I do NOT mean just the disgraceful failure against Portugal in the World Cup!) that it hardly warrants ANY discussion.

Of course the GREATEST SPORT ON EARTH is American Football, but its rules and strategies are too complex for most simpletons (read: Euros) to understand.
It is taking off in OZ, Canada and even in Latin America as afficionados of roundball/soccer come to realize that watching 90 minutes of parrying to and fro resulting in a nil nil draw is NOT entertainment! Bollocks it is!

Karaoke
11-25-06, 23:33
I never thought that I would be discussing football on this website or discussing anything on a Martians thread. I will admit to delaying sex to watch a game, but if it is one or the other, sex still wins everytime.

Canadian football is not an offshoot of the American game. The sport developed in both countries at about the same time. Our championship trophy, the Grey Cup, was first awarded it 1909, although the game had been played years before that.

The games are similar, but there are many differences. Canadian football has 3 downs, not 4. Our field is longer and wider. And our balls are bigger than your balls. So take That!

Regards

Karaoke

Terry Terrier
11-26-06, 00:11
Of course the GREATEST SPORT ON EARTH is American Football

Bollox! A poor derivative of rugby union, where the players present themselves in shirt, shorts, socks, jockstrap and boots (and the occasional headband). WTF is that american football kit all about?

The Wanderer
11-26-06, 06:38
Got to agree with Terry, American football what is that all about? Fat bestards who run around with motorcycle helmets because there are scared they may get hurt! Not only that, they are so fat the game has to stop after every play so they can rest or get substituted.

Martians - BTW your lot were crap last night, lucky to get a draw, and last week was robbery (something you scousers will know all about) 3 points against one of the finest teams to ever grace god’s gift to sport.

Old Thai Hand
11-26-06, 07:01
American football what is that all about? Fat bestards who run around with motorcycle helmets because there are scared they may get hurt!

Having played centre in CANADIAN football in high school, let me tell you that when you have a 300 Lb. tackler coming straight at you at full tilt, you want as much fucking kit on protecting you as you can get. I still ended up injured and in the hospital when two of these dudes crashed into me from both sides in an attempt to get at the quarterback. The other thing is that, at least in Canada, we play football outside in all kinds of incredibly shitty weather. Show me any poncey Rugby Union dude prancing around in shorts who could take -5 degrees, freezing rain and snow. I've seen the Canadian championship, the Gray Cup played in everything from pea-soup fog and rain to a blinding snowstorm.
Even the Yanks usually play on astroturf, wearing little rubber-soled tennis shoes in climate-controlled stadiums.

The Wanderer
11-26-06, 07:14
[QUOTE= Show me any poncey Rugby Union dude prancing around in shorts who could take -5 degrees, freezing rain and snow. I've seen the Canadian championship, the Gray Cup played in everything from pea-soup fog and rain to a blinding snowstorm.[/QUOTE]

Guess you have never been to northern England or to Scotland.

Old Thai Hand
11-26-06, 07:18
Guess you have never been to northern England or to Scotland.

I have and can still say it never gets as cold as Canada. But, I like Rugby, and football, both the minority North American and the majority international and in all honestly acknowledge that Rugby, especially is a very rough sport. However, I don't get the English superior attitude about your sports. You're not even that good anymore at football, (many of your best players are foreign), not to mention cricket. With perhaps the exception of tennis, you're crap at everything else.

Martians
11-26-06, 08:29
karaoke: your post deserves a mention for without it, most non canucks would not know canada has its own form of football. this is, i am sure, indicative of the lack of exposure it has and why, as a consequence, it does not rate. i think we can safely ignoreold thai hand’s canuck rantings, expect to english (and french) codified most games in the late nineteenth century. one such rule disallows 300lb jerks acting as steamrollers.

the wanderer: we have to respect cultures and, if ours is smash and grab, you should respect it. anyway, we are in abc mode now. (anyone but chxxxea)

terry terrier makes the valid point that rugby (union) and, more so, association football, need nothing but a ball and some players for action. americans, by contrast, fail the first rule of keeping it simple stupid. they like to gear up and so golf and american football and similar sports where a lot of gear and $$ to buy it rule. surfer, for example, surfs. not a particularly cheap sport and a little voyeuristic and gay, like body building imho. in most real sports, a good big player will easily beat a small good player but in association football, the odds are evened a lot. in boxing and similar sports, you have different divisions.

surfer: the english premier league is regarded as the world’s richest and most exciting, even if the $$ are small by american standards. this is seen in the number of overseas investors in it, the most recent being an icelandic consortium grabbing the hammers. as everton fc is one of the world’s great clubs, it already has supporters in all far off fields. although individual italian and spanish clubs (pity real madrid with that wanker beckham) might do better, there is more bang for the buck in epl. the future, however, is european wide competitions and smaller clubs will not be able to compete as they do not have the necessary finance. this is already evident in epl where the end of the table is more exciting than the two horse race at the top. the former chairman of sunderland fc put it very well when he said the days of the local millionaire tossing in a few bob no longer work when russian billionaires (chelsea) and their american equivalents (man utd) come barging in.

surfer: association is the international game par excellence. read the terry terrier comments to begin to understand why. also, the ossies will and do play anything. person for person, they are the most sports mad on the planet (earth). so using ossies to buck up an argument is, in fact, conceding defeat. there is no way american football will even get a toehold the way ossie rules and the rugby and cricket codes are engrained there.

surfer, your very moniker indicates you wear your chosen sport on your sleeve (before you go into the water of course). surfing is not my thing however, though i am sure the hawaii babes would love to admire my finely sculpted physique like their asian sisters do (watching them drool at the mouth does wear thin, however0. i do have a sneaking suspicion, however, that the only sport most guys here excel at is pocket billiards. there are so many posters with hundreds of posts to their name who have never been outside of their own cabbage patches or in the areas they purport to report on, it makes one wonder. a certain black dude reporting, again, on thailand is just one such case as does another gentleman who, having recently dispensed hotel advice, is now wondering what hotel he will stay at.

we can all get passionate about our own games, those of us capable of passion at any rate. leaving aside karaoke’s strange choice of sex over a game of football (canadians are weird), spam hog’s comments about martial arts in south east asia merit attention. the philippinos are passionate but not generally about ball sports. perhaps the answer lies in the thai dedication to their martial arts. either way, things like this are much more interesting than what passes for discussion and analysis here.

we are having a great weekend of football, beginning on friday, dipping into saturday (everton drawing and liverpool winning ) and now on to the biggie at ot. chelsea have another hard one, we hope, on wednesday, against the bung brigade, saturday sees a good london derby and sunday sees us at home to the hammers, followed by a tough away one at portsmouth and an easy home one against chelsea. then we have a pile of easy ones until the big one against liverpool on 3 february. i should be watching that at the dogs bollox, after which we might bus it up to soi 33 to spread some good cheer. as two of our last three games are against chelsea (last) and united (3rd last), we could be king breakers.

rugby saw france just scraping past the argies and the southern hemisphere teams returning to form against “emerging” scotland. lol.

i daresay a thread on sport would prove much more interesting and informative (see above) than most others. but how long before the 33 know it alls would come in with their quack quacks?

a final issue i am looking at. the use of video games to seduce women. this is an interesting one. more maybe later.

finally, as regards this thread. karaoke: maybe none of us thought we would take this road but that is life. if you peruse the comments so far, you will see they are mostly on track. if spam hog and a very few others could be enticed in, it might actually add value. but then soi 33 would have to jump in or start 100 or so new threads. and, if that stopped them pontificating on hiv/stis, that would be win win.

ps: i have one of these jerseys on my voodoo doll.

Freeler
11-26-06, 08:38
OTH,

Brits are lousy at tennis too.

Retired Army
11-26-06, 10:05
Got to agree with Terry, American football what is that all about? Fat bestards who run around with motorcycle helmets because there are scared they may get hurt! Not only that, they are so fat the game has to stop after every play so they can rest or get substituted.

Having played real football--not the kind where you run around in shorts kicking a little ball and not using your hands--and rugby in college, I can definitely say that football is ten times tougher. If you took some of the hits in rugby that are delivered in football without pads or a helmet it would kill you. Lots of guys have died or been seriously injured in American football even with protection.

Old Thai Hand
11-26-06, 10:59
Having played real football--not the kind where you run around in shorts kicking a little ball and not using your hands--and rugby in college, I can definitely say that football is ten times tougher. If you took some of the hits in rugby that are delivered in football without pads or a helmet it would kill you. Lots of guys have died or been seriously injured in American football even with protection.

Absolutely. I've played soccer, rugby, cricket and both American and Canadian football. I would hazzard a guess that these pussies on here slagging off our football have never played it. I had an English mate in high school who thought because he played the English games could easily be a star in ours. He got the shit kicked out of him and didn't last the season.
The key to this is the fact that American and Canadian football players are generally massive (and I don't mean fat). A 300 lb. 6' 5" linebacker, who's all muscle is a formidable force to deal with.

sorry for the Canuck rant Martians. I suppose you've been banished to your own thread so you can rabbit on about footie shit to your hearts content, without bothering anyone else, except those who wish to comment.

Petemcc
11-26-06, 13:17
It's about cheap shots. I try not to watch AFL here in Australia, that game which is a Gaelic football/rugby hybrid. Some bog cunts play it and theer are some big hits. Like rugby league, equally big cunts, and bigger hits. BUT they are cheap-shot hits. Anyone can run into someone else at full pelt and twat him, or take some poor **** off his feet and try to cripple him. Anyone can, with a helmet on spear tackle someone, it's not hard. Go back about 10 years. Take Jonah Lomu, a 6"5' 19 stone man who could run 100m as fast as an Olympian. Little guys took him on, in fact I remember a wee Springbok winger, can't remember his name, a black fellah, he took him apart.
Head to head cheap shots are easy, the biggest **** wins. However have these guys ever been in the front row of a real scrum? Sometimes you can have 1000Kg pressing on your neck or throat. How about a ruck, or maul, when some gigantic arm is trying to rip your head off, or your bollocks, or gouge out your eyes- and in a ruck where a 120Kg man uses your body as a staircase?

Big hits and cheap hits are fine, cowardly, because they come when not expected. The stuff that happens in Rugby Union is no less cowardly, but there is tough shit going on there. The difference is that in the real game, where the game is still more important than winning, rules were passed to outlaw dangerous tackles, or in the air hits.

Guys, the man who play rugby union could seriously cripple someone if the rules allowed. We are talking about men who wear no pads- ok a few poofters now wear shoulder pads, but men who are powerful and strong. BUT there is a code, and an ethic, and in keeping with the ethos, a gentelmanly thing.
Hard is hard, cheap shots are not hard, they are cowardly. The various football games around the world that claim to be the best game are for cowards, it's as simple as that.

I ask one question. A 100Kg man who tackles another 100KG man wears a helmet in one code. In another code he doesn't. Why? What's it all about, safety? No, thuggary, not sport.

Member #2041
11-26-06, 17:20
I seem to recall some news report of a rugby contest in which, in the midst of a pileup, one chap bit another's nut-sack. I can assure you that has never happened in American Football, so one really needs to be careful in ascribing certain feminine cheap-shot tendencies to the participants of our brand of football, when their own house is certainly not in order in that regard.

Martians
11-27-06, 02:45
The beauty of Association football is a small guy has a chance. It is not all brawn. Brain comes in as well. And skill. Have a look at Wayne "Once a Blue" Rooney before he went to Fag City (ok, maybe a little too much after goal kissing here but..). Most of you wil know the ex Man City player who is now a champion boxer so no more of that line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLZ_dgBpnN8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrNajzq6l3E&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cODP-_nvKHI&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGsLCpByPfo&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMc_2aFPktA&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTGHEVhwMgo&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cXD8lqjaTY&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7IsjpDhh8I&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWRO1xJnc2w&mode=related&search=

SidTheSexist
11-27-06, 17:21
Football - We use our FUCKING FEET!
Rugby Union - Tough
American Football - I like to watch this game but not a patch on the No's 1&2
Rugby League - A fucking nutters sport!! These cunts would tear any of your NFL woofs apart, anyday of the week!

Surfer
11-27-06, 21:50
I'd like to see ANY of the rugby or soccer wankers call Ray Lewis (Baltimore Ravens Middle Linebacker) "fat" to his face.

England is good at music, language, manners and government, but not much else, ESPECIALLY sport. Not only have youz only won the cup once, 40 years ago, but your cricketeers cannot beat the Indians or the Pakis for Chrissakes!

Martian you got Chutzpah to call surfing "a little gay"; it is YOUR HEROS like Beckham that are widely rumored to be switchhiters; surfers get all the beach betties (except POM surfers, mostly from Cornwall & devon, who are so damn white you'd never believe they had EVER actually seen the sun!). The color of cornish pasties simply does NOT get the Sheilas all randy like that California Golden Tan does (:

Also, some of the most skilled players in the NFL are but wee lads (e.g. last season's top receiver, Steve Smith of Carolina, is 5'9" or 178cms or so). Santana Moss is even smaller. Only the lineman are behemoths, NOT the skill players.

If you POMs and Ozzies would take the time to LEARN THE NUANCES about the pigskin, you'd tell Murdoch to cut back on EPL coverage and start showing more NFL games! Luckily I know an English pub in Pattaya with a satellite dish that shows the American game! The key is to have a good grub BEFORE showing up (as they still serve the haute cuisine for which GREAT Britain is infamous).

The Frenchman who said Finnish food was just as bad on the eve of the IOC vote, which caused the Finn to vote for London causing the French to lose YET AGAIN, may have been correct but I have never tasted Finn food so I stick with British cuisine as World's worst.

Martians
11-28-06, 01:08
Surfer: David Beckham is not an icon here He plays gay for money. Geddit?

Rupert Murduch shows EPL because it is so universally popular. American football: no one cares.

Sport is about skill. As Sid the Sexist said, soccer uses feet. The greatest skill, the one kids dream to have, is dribbling. Wayne Once a Blue Rooney does it in the first clip below. Beckham cannot do it; his forte is the dead ball.

The feet are also useful for dancing, something that brings in much more babes than gay "straight teeth" sports like surfing ever will. Besides who wants a washed up whale every AC/DC bottom in California has had?

As regards smacking it to an NFL grunt, if smackdown is the game, there are always people able to do that. Although world wide wrestling has its fans, like NFL, it is only a circus for pussies.

And when it comes to pussies, we are the best.

And, Freeler, tennis. Plllease. Next, Surfer will be telling us about tiddlywinks or fucking bridge, that Bill Gate$ likes.

Almost time for a few more Everton clips.

Meaty
11-28-06, 05:52
I stick with British cuisine as World's worst.
Whats wrong with traditional British cuisine ? I love the stuff, Give me a traditional British meal of Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Chow Mein or Donna Kebab anyday :D

Furiouz
11-28-06, 08:47
I don't think you can compare rugby to American football. They are two totally separate games. I have all the respect in the world for rugby players. But after 12 years of playing tackle football, I can tell you those "fat and slow" offensive tackles are neither fat nor slow and hit like Mack trucks. Just respect the differances in the games.
Can't have people dissing my game, now can I?
Oh and dancing does get all the girls. As a serious club head I can vouch for that.

Cheers.

Phantomtiger2
11-28-06, 22:53
I love the stuff, Give me a traditional British meal of Chicken Chow Mein :D

Not really sure if I would put Chicken Chow Mein as a traditional Brit Meal----he he

PT

1Ball
11-29-06, 01:37
Whats wrong with traditional British cuisine ? I love the stuff, Give me a traditional British meal of Chicken Tikka Masala, Chicken Chow Mein or Donna Kebab anyday :D
Good one, Meaty, though you forgot the old standard: British nasi goreng with mushy peas. Found in most well to do pubs;)

Merlin Magician
11-29-06, 02:13
The Bangers and Mash and the Bubble and Squeak. Not to mention the black and white sausage. Good desert is some good warm spotted dick. Now that is some good Brit' eatin' shit, bar none.

1Ball
11-29-06, 03:07
Trying to figure out what is more disgusting.
British food, or British soccer and it's fans.

it is a toss up

Old Thai Hand
11-29-06, 04:03

it is a toss up

about the same, really. Bland and boring, with no taste whatsoever.

Master Diver II
11-29-06, 05:13
I am suprised to find myself contributing here - almost as much as I am suprised to find this thread. I am neither American nor European but I enjoy watching most of the sports listed here (but I have never seen Canadian football). I have played rugby and football (soccer) but regrettably missed out on American football. However, I noticed a lot of comments thrown around without looking at other pertinent facts to put them in perspective. All due respect but I only know of one country that has a single country "World Series" which troubles me if that is your view of the world.

I acknowledge that American football is a tough sport as may well be Canadian football - BUT I'm pretty sure (given the continuous nature of rugby, football as played in most places outside North America) that your 300lb linebacker wouldn't last 15 minutes into either game without having to be carried off for some oxygen. It's ok they do allow treatment by the side of the pitch - but the game isn't going to wait for you and you cant be switched in and out of the pitch depending on whether your team is attacking or defending.

Just thought I'd drop my 2 cents.

MD II

Surfer
11-29-06, 05:19
Far be it for me to defend Yankee cultural imperialism BUT the World Series actually involves the champion of TWO Countries (you forgot the Toronto Blue Jays are an MLB team LOL!)

One other thing about soccer: you cannot play FantasyFootball in a sport where 3 goals in a game is considered high scoring!

SidTheSexist
11-29-06, 06:53
Just for the record,
When discussing/comparing different sports, I did not generalise football as being english. It is the most popular sport in the world so dont think you lot are only arguing with the POMs. None of us are claiming England to be the best at it, but we would be if we were the only country in the world playing it.
Anyway Martians, isnt it about time you changed the subject to one of your more asian related illegal activities?? I thought that is what this thread was for? :D

Terry Terrier
11-29-06, 09:03

it is a toss up

All this offtopic (:D) talk about food is absurd. The only toss-up is between Brits and Yanks arguing over which one has the best food culture: It's like a couple of down-and-outs arguing over who has the most respectable lifestyle! For sure, both countries have great restaurants which a small percentage of their populations appreciate. But popular food culture >groan< in both is awful: It's fish n' chips, roast beef n' spuds or chicken balti versus enormo-burger n' bucket of fries, table-sized pizza or Taco Bell puke-in-a-wrap.

Back ontopic: Scottish and Irish fans would be appalled to be put in the same category as English ones. And most English club fans from the successful clubs couldn't care less about the England team (just a drain their club's resources). And most of the England 'fans' who do all that 'cultural ambassador' ;) stuff on their travels are there for the craic and know about as much about football as the Yanks (remember seeing an interview with a ringleader when England 'fans' went on the rampage in Brussells during Euro 2000. The ringleader was from Cardiff :D - that's Cardiff, Wales for the geographically-challenged).

I acknowledge that American football is a tough sport as may well be Canadian football - BUT I'm pretty sure (given the continuous nature of rugby, football as played in most places outside North America) that your 300lb linebacker wouldn't last 15 minutes into either game without having to be carried off for some oxygen. It's ok they do allow treatment by the side of the pitch - but the game isn't going to wait for you and you cant be switched in and out of the pitch depending on whether your team is attacking or defending.

Great point, Master Diver II (with a name like that, you must've been a centre forward in your footballing days): In any great sport you're either in the game or out.

Old Thai Hand
11-29-06, 11:12
[QUOTEI acknowledge that American football is a tough sport as may well be Canadian football - BUT I'm pretty sure (given the continuous nature of rugby, football as played in most places outside North America) that your 300lb linebacker wouldn't last 15 minutes into either game without having to be carried off for some oxygen. It's ok they do allow treatment by the side of the pitch - but the game isn't going to wait for you and you cant be switched in and out of the pitch depending on whether your team is attacking or defending.

Just thought I'd drop my 2 cents.

MD II[/QUOTE]

You do possibly have a point. Some of the American/Canadian fotball players might get winded if they had to continuously keep going, as they do in rugby.

Anyway, This pissing match on whose sport is better is dumb. In their own right and played at their best, they're all pretty awesome games.

Terry
There is no food culture in the US anymore than in England, except for ethnic restaurants (e.g. Thai)...ditto, Canada.

Martians
11-29-06, 11:22
http://aerialtelly.co.uk/my-penis-and-i.php

No, not the type that dominates other sections here but relevant nonetheless. The Statue of Liberty has nothing to fear in pocket biliards land.

Sidm, Life is good. I'm on a new scam now.

1Ball
11-29-06, 17:32
All this offtopic (:D) talk about food is absurd.
Terry, there is no topic to this thread. This entire thread is absurd, as is Martians. well, he would have to improve to be absurd.
Just another dickhead that Jackson quite rightly needed to cage.

Martians
11-30-06, 01:37
Swimming can be done in the swimming pool at Atlanta Hotel, Soi 2. This hotel is situated at the very end of the cul de sac of Soi 2. This run down hotel does not welcome mongers and has massive signs up to that effect. The management and staff are as bizarre as any other Soi 33 fleapit which needs to boast about having a tadpole sized swimming pool. Nana has also a pool but does not need to boast about it.

Surfing is dangerous if you surf whilst being strafed with mortars. Easy to drift off topic. But why would people want to talk with others who cannot stay on topic for an instant, even in a subject as broad as sport? That, my friends, is the nub of the problem. We have one lot who make sweeping statements about aids, football and other things they know Jack Shit about. Some of them have agendas, like trying to market their fleapits. The others are their boring clientele, who were born to be goldfish. The rest of us were born to be free and to cherish the moments of intensity that make life special.

Martians
12-01-06, 16:39
Try capping the amount of words in the photo threads, starting with the Thai one as an experiment. Lateral thinking I think they call it. a. Think; b: Add. If no one can talk, no one can discuss, unless they use sign language:);):(

We have a big one on Sunday. Gotta get ready.

Photo galleries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to see the foto galleries become just that. Galleries full of fotos, and nothing but.

How about a filter to prevent all posts that do not have attached fotos?

Too many ignorant dickheads just post comments, opinions, start unrelated threads, post any garbage they like, without fotos.

I bet more than 50% of the foto gallery posts do not have a single foto.

That should stop; it would be a BIG improvement.

==============================================

Hi Patron,

I agree 100%.

Now, do you have any ideas for how to enforce this?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Jackson

Surfer
12-06-06, 03:57
walking by some beerbars on walking street the other night I could not help but notice an Eveton game on the telly which made me think of Martians.
His beloved Blues are mirred in the Middle of the EPL with a modest 36 points so go light on the man.

What is bothersome to me is that trying to find the NFL games is well nigh impossible (granted 9am kickoff Thailand time is NOT prime time on Walking Street LOL).

Noticing how many Euros ignore the girls to watch footy may explain why the birth rate in the EU is so stagnant LOL

Member #3200
12-06-06, 10:18
dont get me wrong i love los,but some of you ex-pats or more experienced thailand mongers need 2 help out the newbies when they come 2 los.
the attitudes & looks from some of you especially in pattaya when this newbie was lost looking 4 [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s,it was pure distain,some of you are not a friendly lot,not many said hi on the street when i tried 2 say hi:yes,there could be language difficulties because there are alot from non-english countries,germany,scandanavia & russia or it could be that you are thinking that even though i was new i would overspend & set a new market price-i did my homework so you didnt have 2 worry about my ruining things.
at 1 point you guys were the newbies at 1 time!!!
thailand,especially phuket & pattaya need more of a north american/canadian ex-pat bars because after 13 days of euro news & soccer(puke!!!!),i missed home which i shouldnt because the weather here could freeze 1s balls off.
i will return 2 the los next year-you guys have a great playground there,play nice 2 newbies,they are like you & 1 day will join you there as residents

Old Thai Hand
12-06-06, 12:04
Thailand,especially Phuket & Pattaya need more of a north american/canadian ex-pat bars because after 13 days of euro news & soccer(PUKE!!!!),i missed home which i shouldnt because the weather here could freeze 1s balls offts

Being Canadian, I can say that I doubt any Canucks would ever open a bar in either Pattaya or Phuket. Most here either work or are retired and live in Bangkok. Anyone crazy enough to open such a place would lose his shirt. What would be the theme to entice enough paying customers? The vast majority of vistors and expats are from the UK or Europe and can easily fill a pub with footie on the telly and chip butties on the menu, and keep such a place going, which is why there are so many English pubs in Bangers and elsewhere. But, who would want to watch NHL hockey or NA football except for a handful of geezers like you and me?
Also, FYI Member #3200, to my knowledge the only half-way (and I mean half-way) decent ice rink in LOS is in Bangers and that's where the local Leafs play.

The bottom line is that there just aren't enough Canucks here to warrant such a bar.
However, I do think the bar, "Beavers" in Pattaya is owned by a Canuck (or was at one time). But, although I saw a lot of "slick surfaces" in there, worth skating on, so to speak, I didn't catch any hockey on the TV.

Martians
12-06-06, 14:22
i'm still in fucking mourning for willie pep (look him up), liverpool fc are being taken over by camel jockeys (or at least very rich racers of camels), thoise cunts have gone a point clear of us. and surfer speews his shite.

surfer, everton are just a point off pole of the pack. it is a 2 horse race between utd and chelsea but everton are sitting pretty regarding the rest. so too unfortunately are liverpool and they have easier ones coming up than us.

still, count your blessings you got to see real cutlure in pattaya. canucks? who cares?

3200: when lost, look for directions. and not everyoen would know where your favourite knocking shop is. best to ask in a bar or a security guard and tip him 100 baht or so:d

Old Thai Hand
12-07-06, 02:42
Still, count your blessings you got to see real cutlure in Pattaya. Canucks? Who cares?

Pattaya culture....translation...

red-faced, sun-burned (except for the sock-line), badly dressed, footie kit-wearing, low-brow, knuckle-dragging, drunken, loud-mouthed yobs who wouldn't know an O-level/A-level if they fell over it.

They should wall the place up to keep these gorillas in their cage.

Member #3200
12-07-06, 04:06
u describing drunken yobs--funny stuff
the brits were fine during my pattaya adventure,it was the germans,scandanavians & those fun loving Russians(yeah right),that were such a handful,except 4 the Indians who wont take no 4 an answer except when u tell then 2 fuck off or threaten 2 push them into traffic or drown them in the water.
OTH-i'm not old(38),after 13 wonderful days there,how much euro news & repeats of the same boring sport of soccer can 1 see on the telly
i'm sorry if im the minute minority but me & my buddy wouldve spent a good time in 1 particular bar if they showed NA sports.
i'm a stupid canuck who loves their puck-hahahaha
other than the lack of NA life--LOS exceeded my dreams & i will be back

Old Thai Hand
12-07-06, 05:13
u describing drunken yobs--funny stuff
the brits were fine during my pattaya adventure,it was the germans,scandanavians & those fun loving Russians(yeah right),that were such a handful,except 4 the Indians who wont take no 4 an answer except when u tell then 2 fuck off or threaten 2 push them into traffic or drown them in the water.

OK, then......red-faced, sun-burned (except for the sock-line), badly dressed, singlet and silk Thai boxing short-wearing, low-brow, knuckle-dragging, drunken, Obese, smelly, loud-mouthed Euro-trash on the hunt for, cheap beer, knockwurst, borscht, or whatever, committing suicide off the balcony of their condo rooms after they discover their Tilac is screwing another 20 guys.

Is that better?

Same same, but different.

Martians
12-07-06, 05:30
Everyone know that (oral and anal sex). So what is your beef?

Also best to lead the penny grabbing Indians out of it. When I mentioned how they were colonising Soi 8, a lot of lurkers here got upset.

The Bhoys were shit in Denmark. Must have been all the sexy Viking chicks. Good win by United. Roll on the weekend,

Terry Terrier
12-08-06, 00:07
.....committing suicide off the balcony of their condo rooms.....

Err.....that right, OTH?

I couldn't help noticing how high that balcony was in Patts where you were taking those topless photos of your big-titted companion. Hope you are being careful, mate :D.

Old Thai Hand
12-08-06, 01:14
Err.....that right, OTH?

I couldn't help noticing how high that balcony was in Patts where you were taking those topless photos of your big-titted companion. Hope you are being careful, mate :D.

Of course. I'd never kill myself over any woman, especially a Thai woman. They're a dime a dozen. One goes and another comes along.
It seems to be the northern Europeans, especially Scandanavians who have a penchant for heaving themselves off balconies in Patts over broken hearts. It must be that their thoughts are never far from their dreary homelands, despite being in the tropical 'paradise' that is Pattaya. You know the inate suicidal tendencies of those boring Swedes. It's no wonder TGs dump them. They're about as exciting and interesting as lint.

SidTheSexist
12-10-06, 15:23
Martians,
I know we've since moved on, but I thought you might like this. I beleive it comes from the Guardian actually although it was sent to me as a much longer article and I cannot be 100% sure. Here goes

Prospect of a gridiron gift is no big thing to those used to sporting orgasms

London is on a shortlist of five cities being considered to host an NFL game next year. Nail-biting, isn't it? Shall we send them Watford v Charlton in return? It would, I'm sure, be a great accolade to be chosen it but if it does come here, as the late Peter Cook said to David Frost in response to a dinner invitation from the Duke and Duchess of York: "Oh dear. I find I'm watching television that night."

No off-fence (go on, say it in a funny way) to the sport's British cheerleaders but if only they put down their pompoms and assume some ob-jec-ob-jec- tiv-ity. This is a game which appeals only to those who enjoy it's legalised brutality or get off on the cultural accretions and ghastly razzamatazz that disguise what the spectacle lacks. In crude terms, American football never reaches orgasm. A ball going into a net, through a hoop, down a hole, being touched down or blasted out of reach with supreme finality, satisfies a need deep in the primal core. Merely carrying a ball into an area after all that build-up and he-man hullabaloo is a bit, well, flaccid. It's Charles Atlas with erectile dysfunction.

I can't drive past goal nets without wanting to stop the car, get out, blast a ball and see that bulge and hear that ripple. I can't imagine the yearning desire to advance the ball into an endzone. Psycho-sexual problems apart, American football is, compared to our own national game, philosophically inferior. A Bostonian once said to me after watching a game of sacker: "I don't get it. You can make a great play and get nothing for it." Such is life, my dear old fruit.

Retired Army
12-10-06, 15:52
Martians,
I know we've since moved on, but I thought you might like this. I beleive it comes from the Guardian actually although it was sent to me as a much longer article and I cannot be 100% sure. Here goes

Prospect of a gridiron gift is no big thing to those used to sporting orgasms

London is on a shortlist of five cities being considered to host an NFL game next year. Nail-biting, isn't it? Shall we send them Watford v Charlton in return? It would, I'm sure, be a great accolade to be chosen it but if it does come here, as the late Peter Cook said to David Frost in response to a dinner invitation from the Duke and Duchess of York: "Oh dear. I find I'm watching television that night."

No off-fence (go on, say it in a funny way) to the sport's British cheerleaders but if only they put down their pompoms and assume some ob-jec-ob-jec- tiv-ity. This is a game which appeals only to those who enjoy it's legalised brutality or get off on the cultural accretions and ghastly razzamatazz that disguise what the spectacle lacks. In crude terms, American football never reaches orgasm. A ball going into a net, through a hoop, down a hole, being touched down or blasted out of reach with supreme finality, satisfies a need deep in the primal core. Merely carrying a ball into an area after all that build-up and he-man hullabaloo is a bit, well, flaccid. It's Charles Atlas with erectile dysfunction.

I can't drive past goal nets without wanting to stop the car, get out, blast a ball and see that bulge and hear that ripple. I can't imagine the yearning desire to advance the ball into an endzone. Psycho-sexual problems apart, American football is, compared to our own national game, philosophically inferior. A Bostonian once said to me after watching a game of sacker: "I don't get it. You can make a great play and get nothing for it." Such is life, my dear old fruit.

To Americans European Football (soccer to us) is about as exciting a watching paint dry. A bunch of skinny guys in short pants running around doing who knows what. We can't understand why the skinny guy doesn't pick up the ball and run with it so he can be tackled and take his punishment like a real man.

SidTheSexist
12-10-06, 21:39
A bunch of skinny guys in short pants,,,,
like a real man.Real men wear tights, I forgot!! :D

Terry Terrier
12-11-06, 00:50
as the late Peter Cook said to David Frost in response to a dinner invitation from the Duke and Duchess of York: "Oh dear. I find I'm watching television that night.

Didn't he say something like: "Hang on, I'll just check my diary.....Oh dear, it appears that I'm watching telly that night."? Either way, a genius. Sadly missed.

The big problem with American football is that it has too many complications, it's too contrived, too self-serving. As a sport, it's had huge international exposure and periodic big commercial international pushes. But the masses don't go for it, it never gets beyond the niche markets. It's an international failure. Compare this to football, a game that kids play on the streets just about everywhere in the world (inc. nowadays the US of A).

Member #3200
12-11-06, 03:53
the sports euro get all excited about really suck in general especially soccer,but i do enjoy english premier league soccer bc those r men playing not a diver's league like the spick nations-italy,spain & portugal-PUSSIES
NA football is real men beating the shit out of each other & the fast action tough men sport of hockey-this canuck loves it's puck
basketball does blow & even though i like baseball,the sport is kinda slow paced-thats the joy of it,nice relaxing day at the ballpark under a summer sun

Dashing Don
12-11-06, 04:14
It seems like this thread has been overrun by a certain tribe--the English. Using words and phrases I've never heard of, these ethnics are now making references and innuendo that no American can relate to.

Look guys, American football costs money. The gear, training, and a field to play on, costs a bundle. Conversely, with soccer, all thats required is a ball to kick around. In many parts of the world, you'll see kids playing soccer in the streets. These kids' net worth is on their backs.

I know that things have changed somewhat in England since WW2 when the natives complained that the US servicemen stationed there, were 'overpaid, oversexed, and over here', but it sounds like that the standard of living there still hasn't risen to the point where they can afford expensive sports like football, hockey etc. Thats the real reason why we have to endure all this stuff about which sport is better.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this argument doesn't spread to other topics, like how fish and chips, warm beer, and soggy potatoes constitutes haute cuisine.

Don

Tiger 888
12-11-06, 06:20
To Americans European Football (soccer to us) is about as exciting a watching paint dry. A bunch of skinny guys in short pants running around doing who knows what. We can't understand why the skinny guy doesn't pick up the ball and run with it so he can be tackled and take his punishment like a real man.Thats why all world love the Americans. Because they are so understanding.

Terry Terrier
12-11-06, 07:22
look guys, american football costs money. the gear, training, and a field to play on, costs a bundle. conversely, with soccer, all thats required is a ball to kick around. in many parts of the world, you'll see kids playing soccer in the streets. these kids' net worth is on their backs.

welcome to the discussion don. glad to see you're quickly up-to-speed. football is a game for the masses, american football is almost up it's own arse.

i'm keeping my fingers crossed that this argument doesn't spread to other topics, like how fish and chips, warm beer, and soggy potatoes constitutes haute cuisine.

don

nope, can't imagine anybody here comparing that filth to delicacies such as a kilo of egg and flour breakfast pancakes with syrup, bucket-o-fried chicken or alcohol-flavoured sugar water.

SidTheSexist
12-11-06, 07:24
Didn't he say something like:Terry, I was quoting someone else's article from the Guardian so apologies if they misquoted too.
Anyway guys, sorry for stirring it up again. I just thought it was a nice piece which martians may have appreciated. Lets drop the snipes now. Been through it all, already.
Peace
Sid

Retired Army
12-11-06, 08:55
The big problem with American football is that it has too many complications, it's too contrived, too self-serving. As a sport, it's had huge international exposure and periodic big commercial international pushes. But the masses don't go for it, it never gets beyond the niche markets. It's an international failure. Compare this to football, a game that kids play on the streets just about everywhere in the world (inc. nowadays the US of A).

It all depends on what you grew up playing. I played real football as a kid, so therefore, know and understand all the rules. Having never played soccer, I can't for the life of me understand what is going on other than kicking the ball all over the field for no apparent reason. Offsides, what's offsides in soccer? In real football there is a line painted across the field and if you cross it before the ball is snapped then you are offsides. Simple.

Now, let's move on the cricket. Now there is a game the whole world can undedrstand... not.

SidTheSexist
12-11-06, 10:02
Offsides, what's offsides in soccer? In real football there is a line painted across the field and if you cross it before the ball is snapped then you are offsides. Simple.Now, let's move on the cricket. Now there is a game the whole world can undedrstand... not.
Retired, Come on, your letting yourself down here. Kids are introduced to the offside rule at about the age of 8. Its only women who dont understand offside. I understand pretty much all the rules in NFL just by playing Madden on the PS2. Its quite simple if given 20 minutes to pick it up.
The original point was to do with the sporting orgasm which American football fails to produce. At least that is how I tried to justify the post :D
As for cricket, If you cant understand cricket then there are serious problems. Its one of the simplest games on the planet.
Sid
PS, I dont want to see this end in the Fight Club.

Dashing Don
12-11-06, 13:19
Sid, my dear old fruit, being consigned to a Fight Club is an honor........I've spent most of my ISG career in the PHilippine FC, composing a body of work that will stand the test of time, and of which, I'm justifiably proud. :)

This argument has strong ethnic undertones. Its all here. Feelings of angst due to a lost empire.....insignificance. Blair blowing Bush. Forget the sports.

Curious thing though. The Thais are very protective about their king, and won't allow any negative things to be said about him. Question: are the English the same about their queen?.............I have an inkling that they are, despite all attempts to appear worldly etc., but it might make an interesting discussion.

Finally, the BBC. How many times does the viewer have to watch the endless commemorations of the dead from the 'Great War'; medal ceremonies at the Palace for this and that battle; fallen heroes etc.

You guys have to move on.

Don

Retired Army
12-11-06, 13:42
Its only women who dont understand offside.

The original point was to do with the sporting orgasm which American football fails to produce.

As for cricket, If you cant understand cricket then there are serious problems. Its one of the simplest games on the planet.

My true identity has been revealed. Under my gruff exterior are Victoria's Secret bars and panties.

I get your sexual inuendos about soccer and the orgasmic responses to goals. I just thought it was because the game was so boreing that people go crazy when something exciting finally happens, like scoring a goal.

As for cricket, I guess I have serious problems because it makes no sense to me. Could be because I grew up playing baseball and I try to equate the two.

Old Thai Hand
12-11-06, 13:49
Although I briefly got into this silly debate early on, I think it has become the most rediculous of arguments.

For the record, although Canadian, I'm of British heritage. So, the first games I ever played were soccer (footie) and cricket. Both are great games, especially soccer. I played hockey, baseball and American/Canadian football in elementary and highschool and enjoyed playing them more, so now prefer watching North American sports to soccer or cricket. But, that doesn't mean one is better than the other.

The bottom line is all these sports are played by incredible ahtletes who we should all admire. So, nationalist pissing matches among the armchair sportsmen on this board are just plain stupid.

Member #3200
12-11-06, 17:18
i knew there was something great about you-Canadian!!!!
im a young puppy(38) who just got back from his 1st trip 2 the LOS & the 1 thing Thailand needs is more north american especially canadians.
I think my million dollar idea 4 thailand is somehow get an agreement with tv stations here-TSN,real ESPN,CBC 4 saturday night hockey & cable providers there & hotels to show those stations there because the variety of channels there sux-deustche world---ewww & dont even get me started regarding the frog or wop stations

SidTheSexist
12-11-06, 21:51
My true identity has been revealed. Under my gruff exterior are Victoria's Secret bars and panties.
I get your sexual inuendos about soccer and the orgasmic responses to goals. I just thought it was because the game was so boreing that people go crazy when something exciting finally happens, like scoring a goal.
As for cricket, I guess I have serious problems because it makes no sense to me. Could be because I grew up playing baseball and I try to equate the two.LOLOLOLOLOLOL:D:D:D
Ok guys, settle down! I am coming to realise how much of a touchy subject this is for those of you across the pond. Im so sorry if you cant still see the point that this is not about England and US. We are not, and will not be for a while to come, the best soccer players in the world; however the fact remains that the best sport in the world will rule for the unforseeable future. There is nothing you can say against that! Pure fact!
Enough
Sid

Martians
12-12-06, 11:53
Lads, Let's forget about Everton moving to Kirkby, Everton losing to Pompey, Chelsea being held. Who is bumping off all the hookers around the grounds of Ipswich Town FC. Is it a disgruntled fan, the ghost of Alf Ramsey. Who is doing it? On a related note, why are there not more serial killers of sex workers in Thailand? It must be a nutcase. Ipswich is so small. Two to one the Old Bill put this one to bed in a week.

SidTheSexist
12-12-06, 22:33
Lads, Let's forget about Everton moving to Kirkby, Everton losing to Pompey, Chelsea being held. Who is bumping off all the hookers around the grounds of Ipswich Town FC. Is it a disgruntled fan, the ghost of Alf Ramsey. Who is doing it? On a related note, why are there not more serial killers of sex workers in Thailand? It must be a nutcase. Ipswich is so small. Two to one the Old Bill put this one to bed in a week.You really are bad!!!!

Dinghy
12-12-06, 23:59
Hey RA - I always though inuendo was Italian for "sex"

Rush 2112
12-13-06, 03:32
Wayne Rooney of Utd. got a near season ending injury in AMERICA! Watching the Knicks v Cetics (that's "S"eltics not "K"eltics).

Rush 2112
A Yank who loves English "footie"

West Bromwich Albion shall rise again!
And the Black Country shall rejoice!
F-U Aston Villa

Martians
12-14-06, 14:03
Rush 2112 A Yank who loves English "footie"
West Bromwich Albion shall rise again!
And the Black Country shall rejoice!
F-U Aston VillaYou must have been bonking a brommie. Still no news on who the Suffolk suffolkator is. It is interesting that hookers and hobos are the favourite targets of serial/spress killers. Apparently hookers make easy targets. Reading up on "why" these nut cases do these, I can't help but feel the psyuchologists are real wankers. You would really want to be fucked up in the head to want to go around killing junkie hookers. Life with a minimum of 20 to 30 years I would say. Listening to one of the girls' dads, it's a sad affair. They all looked ok until they got into the smack. Have there been serial killers in LOS or is it all lovers' tiffs?