PDA

View Full Version : Hunter in Colombia

Admin
01-01-06, 01:00
Thread Starter.

MJG Dogs
06-01-06, 06:40
hi guys

so that you know what you're getting yourself into, should you rent from cartagenapartments.com, they have apartments in one building called "el conquistador".

the photos on the site do not reflect the reality of the building. it is a run down building from the 60s, paint is chipped/rusted all over, everything in the apartments is filthy, cockroaches galore, you must unlock a heavy grill to enter your apartment, sheets smell like [CodeWord113] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord113), and, gravest of all, it is an extremely guest-unfriendly place.

the cherry on the cake is when they don't pick you up at the airport after saying they would...

caveat emptor.there as a couple of ok apartments in the building. i stayed in 814, in november 2005, due to last minute trip, during miss colombia ( what a wild trip). the apartment was clean with a semi-view. but the building itself is a shit hole. the worst part about the buldings was the lack of functioning elevators.

rent from mery or juan ventura

Bartchamdo
06-02-06, 20:13
I've found that there are some sex workers who rent apartments in El Conquistador. Of course they can´t be refused entrance. I had a session with Dayana from Medellin yesterday. She was cute, but had a crappy attitude. Normally works at LDV.

Fortunately Mery helped me out with a new apartment, and now I have no reason to return to El Conquistador. Good riddance!

As far as what´s wrong, Tom, I was thinking of specifically Lusitania. Isn´t that a casa in Barranquilla, not Cartagena? The cabbies here dont seem to have heard of it.

George90
06-03-06, 04:28
I've found that there are some sex workers who rent apartments in El Conquistador. Of course they can´t be refused entrance. I had a session with Dayana from Medellin yesterday. She was cute, but had a crappy attitude. Normally works at LDV.

Fortunately Mery helped me out with a new apartment, and now I have no reason to return to El Conquistador. Good riddance!

Is the El Conquistador the large apartment building in Laguito near the Hilton Cartagena?

If so, then it must have really gone down hill in the past few years. I stayed there for 2 weeks about 5 or 6 years ago. I had a 2 room suite on the 15th floor and could see the beach from the balcony. It was a decent suite, not luxury but nowhere near rundown. It had a kitchenette where I could prepare simple meals and a small refrigerator to keep water and things cold.

I had no problem bringing chicas to my room. In fact, I had an oppposite problem; taxi drivers sending chicas to my room without my asking and security not sending them away. The room was very clean. No problem with roaches or soiled sheets and towels.

I paid around 70,000 pesos per night which at the then exchange rate was around 35 USD per night. I felt it was a good deal.

Surfer
11-25-06, 22:47
Apparently the apartment rental business in Laguito has gotten downright nasty and somebody is disparaging the business ethics of Mery Salence. While my view that Laguito is a den of vipers is well known, and while I have no plans to return there in the forseeable future, in the past I ALWAYS used Mery's apartments (except when I had free use of a friend's place). I ALWAYS found Mery scrupuolously honest, reliable and VERY helpful. I call her "Santa Maria" (St. Mery) which causes her to blush.

The woman has had more than her share of ill fortune in life, from her marriage to one of Laguito's biggest losers (and that is saying something!), to her special needs daughter (Sally) for whom she will have to provide for her entire life. The woman has suffered enough already!

While the adage "trust no one" certainly applies to the apartment rental business, I cannot endorse Mery's business ethics in strong enough terms. So if anybody hears any negative comments about her I urge you to get other opinions AND CONSIDER THE SOURCE (and motivation) of anybody that disparages her.

Tom 33
11-26-06, 00:01
apparently the apartment rental business in Laguito has gotten downright nasty. I was just informed that a certain former SAS commando (and unapologetic fascist) has removed "his" apartments from Mery's stable to place on a new internet rental site he has developed, and that he is engaged in a campaign of defamation against Mery.

This person was formerly quite close with Mery, and was a vocal critic of the despicable acts of her ex husband (another stature challenged European MF named Eddie who is ALSO in the apartment renatl business in Laguito). Now it appears that he has turned against her due to greed. This same individual CLAIMS high ethics and says he donates ALL the profits earned by "his company" (a fascist secret society?) to Colombian charities.

I ALWAYS found Mery scrupuolously honest and VERY helpful. She even placed me in one of "his" apartments years ago for a very reasonable charge. I am curious what you, a Laguito resident, have heard about the schism.

I know both parties and have high regard for them both. Mery is a fine lady, and I haven't heard about any kind of defamation campaign against her. I doubt that greed plays much of a role, if any, here.

Npaul1
11-26-06, 20:29
One question I have always had. Mery, or anyone else, has the key to your apartment. She then rents it out 20 days of each month, for example, she says, and gives you your money for 20 days.

How do you know it was rented out 20 days of the month and not 24? Some of these people could be pocketing several days of rent each month.

The other apartments that rent out through an office on the ground floor, like Tocauhagua, have records of who signs in and on what day, so the owner can check it out.

Another question, Mery will try to rent out an apartment to me for $50-65 a night. I tell her I had my eye on another at Tocahaugua for $35. Sometimes she lowers her price.

How do you owners know what the apartment gets rented for? Is it blind trust?

I know a guy in Tocahagua who ended up selling because the money never ended up getting to him. For example, the administrator charged his aptment for cable each month, but the cable was piroted by a splitter in the ceiling and nothing was paid to the company. It was that way with everything!

Belmont
12-02-06, 05:19
Supply and demand. I've negotiated w/ Mery Too! But, The one time she couldn't accomadate me I stayed w/ Juan V. Edificio Caribe real. Can any one say cucarachas? I left for Barranquilla and sayd I'd return, but wanted another apartment, But returned and they gave me the same keys, same apt.:( Not to dis Juan V, I've shocked a couple of faithfull w/ that story, But Juanes V NO MAS para mi. Mery has taken care of my forgoten $140 electric razor, negotiated fairly, Been honest, and is sweet. I think much of her. I say she is good people! I've given her bottles of wine from CA. And pies bought in CGT airport because she deserves it. My freinds from england paid $200 a night w/ ? in september2BR! I met three Los angelinos paying $300 a night 3BR? w/? I advised both to talk to Mery. My last day in CTG I stopped by Merys Apt to say goodbye. And Meet another owner she represents in CTG. That is what she does! They are freinds!! She represents her freinds well. I'm sure any owner would confirm this. And NO I'm NOT an owner, Not YET. But I would trust Mery to care for my property!

I think Mery is of upmost trustworthy quality. 10 times used her.

I count her as a freind.

John

MJG Dogs
12-03-06, 21:35
apparently the apartment rental business in Laguito has gotten downright nasty and somebody is disparaging the business ethics of Mery Salence. While my view that Laguito is a den of vipers is well known, and while I have no plans to return there in the forseeable future, in the past I ALWAYS used Mery's apartments (except when I had free use of a friend's place). I ALWAYS found Mery scrupuolously honest, reliable and VERY helpful. I call her "Santa Maria" (St. Mery) which causes her to blush.

The woman has had more than her share of ill fortune in life, from her marriage to one of Laguito's biggest losers (and that is saying something!), to her special needs daughter (Sally) for whom she will have to provide for her entire life. The woman has suffered enough already!

While the adage "trust no one" certainly applies to the apartment rental business, I cannot endorse Mery's business ethics in strong enough terms. So if anybody hears any negative comments about her I urge you to get other opinions AND CONSIDER THE SOURCE (and motivation) of anybody that disparages her.

Surfer is 100% correct on this and I applaud his defense of Mery. I too rent from Mery and Juan Ventura. Mery has been nothing but wonderful to deal with, is honest and goes out of her way to help others. case in point, one trip I got really sick and Mery was the One who called the doctor and took me to the doctor. She had no obligation to do that, but that is the type of person she is.

I also do not all of the details about what happened between Mery and the gentleman whom I will not name, in his defense regarding the business relationship, but this is absolutely absurd to bag on Mery.

Dodger Bulldog
12-03-06, 23:58
I ALWAYS found Mery scrupuolously honest, reliable and VERY helpful.I was also very pleased with Mery's service and the quality of the accomodations and I can recommend her without hesitation.

I will stay with her again when I go back.

DB

Tom 33
12-09-06, 13:17
Supply and demand. I've negotiated w/ Mery Too! But, The one time she couldn't accomadate me I stayed w/ Juan V. Edificio Caribe real. Can any one say cucarachas? I left for Barranquilla and sayd I'd return, but wanted another apartment, But returned and they gave me the same keys, same apt.:( Not to dis Juan V, I've shocked a couple of faithfull w/ that story, But Juanes V NO MAS para mi. Mery has taken care of my forgoten $140 electric razor, negotiated fairly, Been honest, and is sweet. I think much of her. I say she is good people! I've given her bottles of wine from CA. And pies bought in CGT airport because she deserves it. My freinds from england paid $200 a night w/ ? in september2BR! I met three Los angelinos paying $300 a night 3BR? w/? I advised both to talk to Mery. My last day in CTG I stopped by Merys Apt to say goodbye. And Meet another owner she represents in CTG. That is what she does! They are freinds!! She represents her freinds well. I'm sure any owner would confirm this. And NO I'm NOT an owner, Not YET. But I would trust Mery to care for my property!

I think Mery is of upmost trustworthy quality. 10 times used her.

I count her as a freind.

John

I have spoken with Juan about your complaint. Juan does not represent the owner in Caribe Real where he found an apartment for you. He arranged the apartment for you to try to help you out when Mery could not. He did make an error by relying on the statement of the owner that the apartment was okay. Sometimes when the inn is full, you must make do in the manger.

Mery does provide good customer service, but so does Juan. He stood by my side twice to translate while I had emergency laser surgery to attempt to correct a retinal tear. I could write a very long post about what Juan has done for me and many others.

You have unfairly tarred Juan with your broad brush.

Jeff998
12-18-06, 16:20
The rumors I heard about Mery have turned out to be true. I have heard from several reliable sources that Mery has lost the majority of her apartments after getting caught stealing. At least a dozen of the apartments are now being managed by other people and several of the other owners are looking for new people to manage their apartments. I canceled my reservations with Mery since there is obviously going to be uncertainty if she will be able to provide the apartment when I arrive.

Just a couple of months ago everyone was saying how great she was but now it turns out she was stealing for a long time. It is the owners themselves who are coming forward now to tell people Mery is no longer renting their units. How fast things change!

MJG Dogs
12-19-06, 00:00
It seems that with your history of two total postings to this board, that maybe I should take everything you say here as the absolute truth, as poined out by cachero in the cartagena section.

Nobody knows exactly what happened with the whole situation with Mery, but hey maybe you can enlighten us with even further details

I am waiting for your third offical posting, with more facts to substantiate you first two postings .

Jeff997
12-19-06, 01:04
It does not matter how many times I have posted here. I have been in Cartagena plenty of times.

Here are some facts:

1) On other sites there are owners posting that they are no longer dealing with Mery because she stole from them.

2) Mery's own web page now has only a couple apartments available. All the others have already been removed. You do not need to take my official third post as proof of this, you only need to look at her site.

3) The apartment I booked in February is no longer available through Mery. Had I not asked this question then I would have been screwed when I showed up in February only to find out she was out of business.

4) Other people are coming forward saying that they had problems with Mery in the past. Seems that they did not want to say anything beforehand since people like yourself try to kiss her ass too much.

5) People are saying the few remaining apartments she is offering will be cut off very soon as the other owners are shopping for a new manager.

6) Juan Ventura and some new people have already taken over managing some of Mery's apartments.

What I am saying here I am hearing from multiple sources including former people who she rented apartments for and from former clients. It is just going to be a matter of time before this all comes out.

It seems that with your history of two total postings to this board, that maybe I should take everything you say here as the absolute truth, as poined out by cachero in the cartagena section.

Nobody knows exactly what happened with the whole situation with Mery, but hey maybe you can enlighten us with even further details

I am waiting for your third offical posting, with more facts to substantiate you first two postings .

MJG Dogs
12-19-06, 08:44
I don't kiss anybody's ass, I just share my experiences so don't make assumptions *******. You are right though, there was a problem bewteen Mery and one of the owners whom had several units before. There is that better?

Jim Nelson
12-19-06, 19:00
Hi, All,

Well I have only been a member on this board a few months (and never post). BUT. My experience with Mery has been mercurial at best.

I have known Mery/Eddy some 7 years, and for the most part have had good service.

Only one incident with Mery about 4 years ago, and after that. I have decided to take my business to Juan.

Like the prevoius poster stated. Mery has been put up for "beautification" (see stages of stainthhod) on other boards. And I thought I was a lone descenting voice in the wilderness, but as it seems I was not.

I now use Juan exclusivly. And never had a problem, and his e-mail responces have been more timely, and Juan has many more apartments under his management.

I now use Merys service only as a last option (which is option#3) when all others are exhausted.

See ya

JN

Jeff997
12-19-06, 20:05
You bet I was right, but it is not only one owner. I have been getting a lot of information about this from some people. With the exception of one guy who has loved her unconditionally for years, she has no other apartments anymore. Every other owner has fled.

As I said in the other thread, my reservation got canceled and she did not inform me. I suspect she would have tried to dump me into one of the other apartments once I arrived or left me standing on the street. I am not happy about this. The people on this board need to know that if they have reservations with Mery they need to contact her since more than likely she will not be managing the apartment she advertised.

I don't kiss anybody's ass, I just share my experiences so don't make assumptions *******. You are right though, there was a problem bewteen Mery and one of the owners whom had several units before. There is that better?

Npaul1
12-19-06, 21:07
hypothetical...

One question I have always had. Mery, or anyone else, has the key to your apartment. She then rents it out 20 days of each month, for example, she says, and gives you your money for 20 days.

How do you know it was rented out 20 days of the month and not 24? Some of these people could be pocketing several days of rent each month.

The other apartments that rent out through an office on the ground floor, like Tocauhagua, have records of who signs in and on what day, so the owner can check it out.

Another question, Mery will try to rent out an apartment to me for $50-65 a night. I tell her I had my eye on another at Tocahaugua for $35. Sometimes she lowers her price.

How do you owners know what the apartment gets rented for? Is it blind trust?

I know a guy in Tocahagua who ended up selling because the money never ended up getting to him. For example, the administrator charged his aptment for cable each month, but the cable was piroted by a splitter in the ceiling and nothing was paid to the company. It was that way with everything!

El Gato Ii
12-28-06, 02:30
I'm sorry to hear folks disking Mery. Like many early CTG visitors, I first met Mery through renting Bruce's apartment. I was, and remain, impressed with her honesty and attentiveness to detail. She has been very helpful in assisting myself and many friends get to know CTG. I am only aware of one owner who has pulled his apartments from Mery, and my understanding from ex-pat friends who live there and are close to the issue is that that owner is trying to take her clientele to benefit himself and people he's close to. Juan Ventura is very honerable and well trusted for rentals in Cartagena. And it is no mistake that he and Mery work very closely to take care of clients. In my book, Mery is as good as they come.

Jeff997
12-28-06, 03:14
Your very first post, how incredible, and it is a giant kiss on the ass of Mery! Could you be the last owner who Mery is still working for? Hunter has came clear on the other thread explaining how many ways she was stealing. Other owners beside Hunter have already dropped her. You though, on your first post, have to write one of the gushing reviews that were so typical in the past. I smell a rat.

I'm sorry to hear folks disking Mery. Like many early CTG visitors, I first met Mery through renting Bruce's apartment. I was, and remain, impressed with her honesty and attentiveness to detail. She has been very helpful in assisting myself and many friends get to know CTG. I am only aware of one owner who has pulled his apartments from Mery, and my understanding from ex-pat friends who live there and are close to the issue is that that owner is trying to take her clientele to benefit himself and people he's close to. Juan Ventura is very honerable and well trusted for rentals in Cartagena. And it is no mistake that he and Mery work very closely to take care of clients. In my book, Mery is as good as they come.

MJG Dogs
12-28-06, 04:30
Hell I am still waiting for the high courts in Brussels to indict Mery, for I am sure according to some on this board, that she is Guilty, without trail, without testimony from both sides, of high crimes against humanity and the Constitution of the European Union, Well at least an indictment from the EU courts, is as good as a piece of ****.

Hunter
12-28-06, 12:19
While I have moved my apts to new managers, I am no friendlier with either of them than I was Mery.

I moved them to new mangers purely down to fraud.

Hunter

El Gato Ii
12-28-06, 17:07
Your vitriolic response does not help your crusade to slander Mery. Fortunately for Mery she has many satisfied customers who will return again and again, despite your rancorous ranting. The rat you smell lives in your home. Crawl back in your hole.

Ricker
12-28-06, 17:17
Mery has always been very good to me.

Though I haven't used her services in over a year ... and I have no idea of her relationships with owners.

Back when I frequented Cartagena, I used her exclusively, always without problem. Nice lady.

Too bad about what's happen lately with her.

Jeff997
12-29-06, 00:09
Oh, I am sure people will return, again and again. The problem will be that she has no more apartments! Since she got caught stealing she has lost access to almost all her apartments. You obviously have an agenda. You come on here and make two whole posts, both trying to defend a thief.

Face the facts. Mery got caught. She is busted, and out of business. Move on with your life. There are several other people who rent apartments in Laguito.

Your vitriolic response does not help your crusade to slander Mery. Fortunately for Mery she has many satisfied customers who will return again and again, despite your rancorous ranting. The rat you smell lives in your home. Crawl back in your hole.

MJG Dogs
01-04-07, 21:55
Jeff 997-, is correct about Conquistador. It reminds me of a communist party apartment complex that you would have seen in the old USSR or East germany. If you ever walked back from Bocagrande by the lagoon side ( behind the conqustador), you will really see the condtion of the building. The place would not be the place to be if an earthquake hits CTG, you can see the building leaning to one side also. It is a dump.

Oh by the way it looks like Mery will not be going to the Hague for crimes committed against the Euro mongering community, she has 5 (FIVE) new listings soon available in the new building, and possibly three more coming right behind it.

Jimmy Di
01-19-07, 06:53
Dam gringos butchering the English Language.

As to the Guardian, I couldn't agree more.

HunterHunter,

I need some of your advice. I've stayed in the Laguito area in 2005 and 2006 and just made a last minute decision to return next week. Mery didn't have anything and Juan never replied to my e-mails, so I sent a deposit to reserve an apartment in the El Conquistador, which I know now was a mistake (cockroach haven and not girl-friendly).

If I can get my deposit back, would you know anyone who would have a very nice apt. for rent in Laguito at this last minute?

Thank you...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Masooka
01-22-07, 01:56
I hate to be the guy with the bad news but you are probably not going to get your money back. Please though do a follow up post so we all know what happened. The site you booked from is run by Colombians so they will probably not give you a peso back if you cancel. This attitude of "rip off the gringo today and do not think about tomorrow" is very common in Cartagena. For this reason I only rent from Juan Ventura who is from Spain and has a different attitude about business than the Colombians. I find it strange that Juan did not answer his email. I know he answers them twice a day minimal. Perhaps your email got lost in a spam filter? I would try sending him an email again. It is not surprising that Mery does not have any apartments since she lost most of them after she got caught stealing. I do not know who these Katrina and Micheal people are so I cannot comment on them. Juan though has a proven long term track record so he would be my first choice. His site is http://www.zepelion.com/apartamentos/english.htm

Conquistador is a very bad building to stay in. There are a couple nice apartments inside but you are in a dump of a building.

Hunter,

I need some of your advice. I've stayed in the Laguito area in 2005 and 2006 and just made a last minute decision to return next week. Mery didn't have anything and Juan never replied to my e-mails, so I sent a deposit to reserve an apartment in the El Conquistador, which I know now was a mistake (cockroach haven and not girl-friendly).

If I can get my deposit back, would you know anyone who would have a very nice apt. for rent in Laguito at this last minute?

Thank you...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MJG Dogs
01-23-07, 03:34
Go ahead and believe what you hear. It is interesting that the "Thief Mery", has six new apartments for rent in the new building accross the street. belive what you want to believe..

It is really sad that the apartment rental business in cartagena has some of the same scrupples of a used car sales lot....

I do hope that Jimmy Di, gets his money back. That sucks and one of the people on this board that was bashing Mery, said glowing things about Katrina and Michael.

It is too bad that there is not a gringo down there in the apartment rental business, who knows how things should run, although I can also honestly say that Juan ventura, as masooka points out, has an impeccable reputation also.

Masooka
01-23-07, 05:42
All the new apartments Mery has are from the same owner who is the only person who stull trusts her. Every other owner has left. If 5 people who own apartments fired her and one remains, I say there is a serious problem with her.

Juan is the way to go.

Go ahead and believe what you hear. It is interesting that the "Thief Mery", has six new apartments for rent in the new building accross the street. belive what you want to believe..

It is really sad that the apartment rental business in cartagena has some of the same scrupples of a used car sales lot.

I do hope that Jimmy Di, gets his money back. That sucks and one of the people on this board that was bashing Mery, said glowing things about Katrina and Michael.

It is too bad that there is not a gringo down there in the apartment rental business, who knows how things should run, although I can also honestly say that Juan ventura, as masooka points out, has an impeccable reputation also.

Treeshark
01-23-07, 06:33
Here is part of what Hunter said

$$$CHRISTMAS MONEY

Mery said to me that it’s a good idea to give a tip for the doorman at Christmas (I think she said for the cleaner as well but not 100% sure on that one), I said that’s fine, how much did you give, as I was doing the calculations a few months later, she said 140,000 pesos.
My construction manager has a painter who works for him, who is married to the cleaner, he mentioned in a conversation the cleaner had never received any Christmas presents off Mery in 5 years for working for her. Later I remembered the above and checked my accounts to confirm the amount, I checked with the 3 doorman at one building who had been working there 14-16 years & also asked the cleaner, they had received nothing.

NOTE, this can’t be a calculation error as Mery told me she had already given them the money and we were going through the numbers a few months after Christmas.$$$

So Hunter gives "Honest Mery" 140,000 to give to the door man. The door man receives nothing from "Honest Mery" I do not know what your definition of thief is but that sure as hell fits mine.

Stealing a 140,000 Christman bonus from the door man is just so fucking trifling.

MJG Dogs
01-23-07, 06:48
Did you see or were you a witness to the terrible transgression?

Don't need to beat a dead horse, for we have exausted this whole story, for many on the board (many euro's) have made this woman out to be worse than Milosovic or Saddam Hussein, while there is something to the whole situation, I am not sure it has not been blown way out of proportion, for I heard an entire different scenario about things that may have happened....

To each his own. europeans get the indictments ready for Mery salence, send her to the Hague......... she will if she is smart like Rumsfeld, use the indictment for toilet paper.....

Hunter
01-23-07, 17:32
Not sure why you are bringing up the “scruppes of a used car sales lot....”

I see few problems with people who rent apts there or anywhere else, as in any business there will be some thieves.

As to refunding deposits, not sure many hotels/rental agencies will refund deposits, that depends on each business, as if somebody has booked something, it has been taken off the market, while another could have booked it, it would depend on what their website says, not sure wht Michael & Karina come into this, as they have not taken Jimmy Di deposit, but another company?

If we are talking about scruples, why do do you keep defending a thief?

As to the other owners that is up to them, but I find it strange that the one with most of Merys present apts, claimed to others that he was going to look into my accusations when he arrived in Ctg.

I was in Ctg for 6 days when he was there, he NEVER made any attempt to come and see me, I wonder why?

In fact quite the opposite happened; he and another owner then went around Laguito shortly after I left making a few stories up trying to say I was making it up, basically to muddy the water. They didn’t do it when I was there as they haven’t got the balls and I could quite easily PROOVE what they were saying was in-correct.

You may ask why they would do this, there is a very simple answer, Mery has a nice client base, and they can pick up much of it for their apts, its called greed.

I can quite easily prove what I posted, as I said in the post previously to anybody who is in Ctg at the same time as me and is serious at looking at the information as it will take about an hour or more to go through it.

Hunter

Hunter
01-23-07, 20:43
a short while ago on another board where i am banned because of the mery problem, as you are not banned from that board, you may or may not remember a post in a thread, you posted in the thread on a topic un-connected to me, unless it is somebody else with a similar handle:

"as for hunter, well i just got conned"

i sent the person an e-mail seeking clarification of where i had conned him, below is a version of that e-mail, he never replied:

i have never conned him, i find it interesting he is accusing me of conning him, what i find interesting is that i am not allowed to defend myself on the board because of the mery problem.

he was responding to another poster, the only way that i can think you think he thinks i conned him, is in that i am pretending to be a nice person. obviously if i could defend myself i would know exactly what he thinks with regards to me conning him, or by him answering his e-mail, but i can’t:

as to being a nice person, he should know very well that i am 99% of the time, the other 1% i am completely the opposite and this is purely directed at thieves, liars, scumbags etc.

i remember that he had problems with a certain group of people in ctg, it went something along the lines, that they had pictures of him with **** girls, he also said that people had come to his apartment from the cartagena prosecutor’s office, basically he claimed they were looking for a payoff to close the case file/s they had opened on him.

i had people look into it at the prosecutors office, there was no case/s on file there, i told him they were just trying to blackmail him and to ignore them, i also said that i could get some people to sort the main blackmailer out, he regularly agreed to this.

after a three day surveillance of the person, he was seen communicating briefly with a known dea agent, the people didn’t want anything to do with causing the main blackmailer problems if he worked for the dea, but it could have just been a chance meeting, so it was agreed to carry on the surveillance, a couple of weeks later he was seen with the same dea agent again in a much longer conversation, so everything was called off.

i told him i would find more serious people to deal with the problem, which i did but not before he decided to pay the group of blackmailers off. which was up to him, but at least by trying to sort the ex-friends problems out i found good people to use in the future if needed.

so surely from this he must know what sort of person i can be.

oh yes, he never offered to pay for my time, which is fair enough, but who do you think paid for all he surveillance work etc. and was never reimbursed, not that i asked for any money, but if somebody had helped me out, the first thing that would come into my mind would be to pay the person costs.

but then again, he claims that there is no mery fraud, but refuses to look at the evidence, a number of people claim that he is involved, initially i said no way, but now…?

i gave him a chance to remove his post and this would never be brought up, i am told the post is still there.

note 1 i never saw any pictures or know if the girls were ****, in fact i don’t know if any pictures etc even existed and they were just trying it on to make some money off an easy mark.

note 2, i live in colombia both he and mery know my handle, name, official address, the slander laws are much the same in colombia as the usa, they can feel free to take me to court for slander here etc. if they want.

hunter

Hunter
01-23-07, 21:17
This brings up something else regarding the main supplier of apartment units to Mery.

Mery wished to sell her present apartment to my company and purchase a 2 bedroom apartment in the same building and do the apartment up. She said that she didn’t have enough money to do this, this was in late 2005.

I said that if we could agree a price on her apartment, I would lend her the money, interest free to do the 2 bedroom apartment, my lawyers would place leans on the 2 bedroom apartment until she paid the money off via an agreed monthly amount off the commissions she was making on renting my apartments.

Over about eight months she changed the deal that she wanted, about half a dozen times (after the second time I had lost interest to tell the truth, but played along to see if it would go back to the original deal, which I was happy with), the final deal that she wanted was that I purchase a new (used apartment) apartment for her and do both apartments up, with my money, interest free, she would move to the 2 bedrrom apartment then rent her present one bedroom apartment. I had little interest in doing any sort of deal like this, as far as I am concerned it’s called taking the [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140).

So I said to her that I MAY do it, if the person who was bringing a lot of apartments to her at Christmas wished to do it and split the loan 50/50, I didn’t think he would, so there was no harm in me saying it, I also wished for him to see a part of Mery that I had been seeing over the previous few months.. I approached him about it and he said what I thought, this is unbelievable, Mery is getting greedy, no way am I doing that etc etc.

Onto another subject regarding Saint Mery, when I transferred my apartments to the new managers, I wanted to keep the same cleaner as I had been using for the last three years, as I didn’t wish to affect her income because I had no problem with her, only a problem with Mery. I told her she would have the same deal as before and there would be no problem if she carried on working for Mery or other people.

Mery being the vindictive person I have seen, which many haven’t, tried everything to stop her working for my new managers, in the end Mery said if you work for them, you can’t work for me, so the cleaner said she wouldn’t work for Mery as she is independent
and works for whom she wants. Within a few days Mery has changed her mind and she
was back working for Mery, the new managers and other clients, or was in mid December at least, when I was last in Ctg.

PLEASE NOTE, I informed the board before that what I was telling you, was nothing but the tip of the iceberg, so far what I have posted is still just the tip of the iceberg, I have a great deal more information regarding this issue that I have not posted, so when people like MJG Dogs post things defending Mery, they only know what they have been told by others, which is a pack of lies.

Basically it is pretty lame when people post that he left because he wished to give the business to some friends.

Also I feel strongly that everybody should know and be reminded regularly about Mery, as I wouldn’t like to stay in places where the person is a thief and would prefer to stay elsewhere, maybe others feel different, but that’s up to them.

I for one, will only bring the issue up, when I see people defending the little piece of shit and yes I have told her that to her face and in front of many others in Laguito and much worse.

I think thre posts by me on this subject is more than enough for today.

Hunter

Masooka
01-23-07, 22:51
Mery has been stealing a lot more than even Hunter knows about. I think more and more things will come now that she has been exposed. One of the other owners who rents with Juan told me he knew about it for 3 years but did not say anything since she did not administer his apartment. Some of the ways she was stealing are pretty clever. I actually got a good laugh out of it. There is plenty of evidence against her and no doubt in my mind. One example is she was taking a percent of the salary she was suppose to pay the cleaning ladies. These ladies will not say anything even now because they still rely on her for other things. Also Mery has a guy who helps gringos when they are doing remodelations. They tell everyone this guy is some sort of an architect and then increase the price considerably. It is only the gringos who pay these prices.

MJG Dogs
01-24-07, 05:39
Hunter;

Man, I will put some creedence into what you are saying, for you are telling me directly, not the other pack of hyenias that have made comments. I wish they like the guy who posted a reply after your detailed posts, would just STFU.

Some of this stuff you could have e-mailed me privately and yes, you have convinced me finally that something was up. I applaud you for your forthcoming
story. the second posting got me thinking also, next time in cartagena, stay clear for I have no patience nor want any part of guys who rob the craddle.
that is some serious shit you bring up.

Ok, you have me convinced now, nobody could make up the details that you gave me, especially in the second posting.....

MJG Dogs
01-24-07, 05:43
Mery has been stealing a lot more than even Hunter knows about. I think more and more things will come now that she has been exposed. One of the other owners who rents with Juan told me he knew about it for 3 years but did not say anything since she did not administer his apartment. Some of the ways she was stealing are pretty clever. I actually got a good laugh out of it. There is plenty of evidence against her and no doubt in my mind. One example is she was taking a percent of the salary she was suppose to pay the cleaning ladies. These ladies will not say anything even now because they still rely on her for other things. Also Mery has a guy who helps gringos when they are doing remodelations. They tell everyone this guy is some sort of an architect and then increase the price considerably. It is only the gringos who pay these prices.

This is common in latin america, there always is a two -tier pricing system, in fact in some cases four tiered. 1) family and friends 2) colombians 3) Europeans and others 4) Gringos.

Wait until you deal with Costa Rican Lawyers, the absolute bottom-feeders of the hemisphere.

Masooka
01-24-07, 06:14
Mery tries to let the gringos thinks she is helping them by finding a good honest worker. You will hear these gringos saying the most gushing and ridiculous statements about her like "oh Mery is my Colombian mother! " Hunter was very much the same way for a long time. Anything Mery did was great and anything someone said bad about Mery was coming from a bad person. I often silently listening to these types of comments and wondered how grown men could act like this. Anyway, so if Mery is playing herself as the Saint of Cartagena who only wants to help all these gringos, then why is she making a commission off of everything they pay for? Several gringos used her so-called "contractor" and overpaid 400-500% for the work done. Why was Saint Mery not "helping" these gringos by telling them that her workers were overcharging them drastically? Mery's interest has always been to make as much as possible from the gringos without any concern to honesty.

This is common in latin america, there always is a two -tier pricing system, in fact in some cases four tiered. 1) family and friends 2) colombians 3) Europeans and others 4) Gringos.

Wait until you deal with Costa Rican Lawyers, the absolute bottom-feeders of the hemisphere.

Surfer
01-24-07, 10:16
1. I do not know who is telling the truth in the Mery vs. Hunter thing, AKA the mother of all apartment rental battles. As I think Cartagena was long ago ruined and have no plans to go back any time soon, I could really give a shit. I like Mery and she always treated me with the highest of ethics, including when she arranged for me to stay in one of Hunter's apartments (in building next to LDV/La Perla). All that was available was a 2 BDR but she only charged me the 1 BDR price (and discounted even that). My good experience does not mean she is incapable of dishonesty of course. DO bear in mind that Hunter is her competitor (dare I say Rival) and has an economic interest in injuring her business reputation.

2. I DO know that Hunter has co- opted this board to air his side of his disputes with Mery (and now also with the site owner who booted him from that board). I also know that 99% of the membership COULD GIVE A RAT"S ASS. They come here to read about p4p in Cartagena, something Hunter, BY HIS OWN ADMISSION, "almost never" does. Hunter never posts information about hobbying, but posts pages of his rantings about Mery (and now the owner of the other site). ENOUGH ALREADY.

3. The comment about a lawsuit for slander is VERY misleading (I am a lawyer, Hunter is not). First if a defamatory communication is written it is called libel, not slander. Also, claiming your reputation was damaged because you were exposed ON A WEBSITE DEDICATED TO INTERNATIONAL *****MONGERING would not exactly impress a jury. Further, in Colombia, civil litigation is corrupted such that the more powerful (read: richer) litigant will likely prevail regardsless of justice. T

here are LOTS of private facts about Hunter that are embarassing that could be posted here too but Mery & site owner are not sinking to Hunter's level and abusing Jackson's noblesse oblige (tolerant) leadership style.

Inshallah, this board can now return to ITS INTENDED PURPOSE rather than being Hunter's bully pulpit for his anti Mery jihaad.

What is up with Tony the Tout?

Tom 33
01-24-07, 12:13
Well Surf, you missed the mark again. The discussion of lodging providers is entirely germaine to the purpose of this board. The fact that you like Mery and do not like Hunter does not make the topic any less relevant. What is not to the point is your defense of Mery and bashing of Hunter. I guarantee that every person has skeletons in his closet including you and me.

The only reason that Hunter felt compelled to reply most recently was the questioning by MJG. I, too, feel that the subject has been exhausted. But MJG apparently did not. It sounds now that MJG shares my opinion.

Ya?

Hunter
01-24-07, 12:56
SORRY POSTED ACCIDENTLY BEFORE, HOPEFULLY JACKSDON WLL DELETE IT

1. Surfer what Mery did with regards renting a two bedroom apartment is standard practice, as to being a competitor, there are more than enough clients for plenty of people in Ctg, if that was the reason WHY do I not cause problems with all the other agents, dozens of them.

2. Actually the first person to post on this topic on this board regarding the problem was YOU, I still have copies of the post if you wish me to remind you, I informed a mutual friend of your that if you didn’t remove the post that I would join the board, you or somebody else removed the post.

As to NEVER posting information about hobbying, I post off and on, I never originally joined the boards solely for sexual information, I joined the boards also for usefull general information, which I post ALL the time on a daily basis, normally half a dozen posts a day plus with regards to Colombia. I am presently on 6 chat boards related to Colombia, THIS is the only board where I have gone into greater detail with regards to Mery, as people asked for it or are defending a thief. If ANY board that I am on somebody pops up and says what a Saint Mery is etc., I will post information explaining she is the opposite.

As to 99% of people here not being interested, I always was interested in reading non political gossip, so I expect many enjoy these slanging matches.

3. As to slander & liable I know the difference, please read the posts again, you will find that whatever I say here is nothing to what I have said in person to Mery and others, so they can do both.

NOTE 1, It should also be noted that Surfer was the person who started the comments on the other board where are I can’t defend myself, I am glad he has enlarged his small balls and posted here, with regards to the issue for the second time.

NOTE 2, I NEVER had a problem with Surfer on the chat boards for 4-5 years, the problems with Surfer commenced alter I wouldn’t follow a plan that he was instigating with others on a private chat board to post dis-information with regards to Colombian on safety issues.

Their plan was to keep the DICKY DOOS (their term for mongers in general, most of them thought that they were superior to other mongers) bottled up in Cartagena by posting fictions posts of security problems in other Cities and towns in Colombia.

I refused to post lies (although I would have been a gainer) and left the private board, after that on the board I am now banned who would try and pick the odd fight, generally losing more and more credibility as he has a lot more skeletons in the cupboard than most.

The main difference between myself and most people is that I am quite happy to talk about and defend whatever people say, so if Mery, you or anybody else want to bring up a subject feel free.

If you feel I have not answered anything you have commented, feel free to point it out.

Hunter

MJG Dogs
01-24-07, 21:00
I apologize for bringing the whole Mery situation to a head. This should have been done in a private e-mail with Hunter, although I thank Hunter for telling his side of the story.

I just got pissed at the others on this thread that did not know the whole story. Most of the people on this board, including myself, do not and did not know the whole story.

I agree with Tom33- I have had enough, but am enjoying the Hunter/Surfer sparing.

Surfer
01-24-07, 21:33
since several of the laguito crowd think this discussion is germane to isg, why not create a separate folder for discussion of apartment rental wars so as to prevent cluttering of the threads about p4p?

tom: i completely disagree. that other board has devolved into one with more discussion of real estate, investment, and petty bickering than mongering. i do not think jackson wants that to occur here (though he can obviously chime in when and/or if he has had enough).

also, i do not "dislike" hunter. i only met him briefly on one occasion. at that time, we were unified in our respect for mery (and our contempt for her ex husband, another laguito landlord, and his stunts).

i do not like hunter's politics, though to his credit he does not post about that on mongering boards-his rw blogs are another storey), and i do not like his proclivity for threatening people (i can post the most recent email threat he sent to the owner of the other website if there is interest, but would rather not). finally, i believe those who make public accusations should provide proof (i am told by those that examined it that the ledger hunter claimed was the smoking gun of mery's "theft" showed no more than a simple clerical error).

hunter:

"actually the first person to post on this topic on this board regarding the problem was you, i still have copies of the post if you wish me to remind you, i informed a mutual friend of your that if you didn’t remove the post that i would join the board, you or somebody else removed the post. "

this might be partially true. it was brought to my attention that you were accusing mery of theft all over town and on other monger boards (as you know i was not on the primary cartagena board at that time). i thought it appropriate to post my positive experiences with her on here. if that was truly the first mention of the dispute between you & mery on isg, and i will have to take your word on it as i have no intention of researching it, then i will say i regret interjecting the issue here. after my post, you apparently threatened to escalate your jihad against mery if i did not remove the post and it was suggested that i remove it. i edited my post, instead, to remove negative references to you (but did not delete my positive experiences with mery).

as to never posting information about hobbying, i post off and on, i never originally joined the boards solely for sexual information, i joined the boards also for usefull general information, which i post all the time on a daily basis, normally half a dozen posts a day plus with regards to colombia.

utter ruibbish. you joined the boards to hawk your apartments, not to share your sage advice. as to half a dozen posts a day, given that your total here is 30 it would mean you have posted for only 5 days. again, an attempt to obfurep001e the fact that you participate on these boards solely to advance your real estate interests.

i am presently on 6 chat boards related to colombia, this is the only board where i have gone into greater detail with regards to mery, as people asked for it or are "defending a thief". more accusations with no proof.

as to 99% of people here not being interested, i always was interested in reading non political gossip, so i expect many enjoy these slanging matches.

some do share your pleasure at cyber pugilism, but it is a small minority and is not consistent with jackson's intent.

3. as to slander & liable i know the difference, please read the posts again, you will find that whatever i say here is nothing to what i have said in person to mery and others, so they can do both.

again, your ignorance of the law reveals itself. what you say directly to a person can never constiute slander or liable (you cannot defame somebody to themself! )

note 1, it should also be noted that surfer was the person who started the comments on the other board where are i can’t defend myself, i am glad he has enlarged his small balls and posted here, with regards to the issue for the second time.

completely flase! i was not even posting on that other board when this tempest in a teapot arose! as you will recall, i had my own disagreement with that site's proprietor, about his attempt to impose post hoc conditions on my "free lifetime membership". at that time you were in his good graces, and vice versa. i only returned this month after he sent me very concilliatory emails saying, basically "i was wrong, hunter is the bad guy and you are one of the good guys. " he dropped all attempts at any conditions on my lifetime membership so i posted a few things but not about you or cartagena. i am totally back in se asia mode now.

note 2, i never had a problem with surfer on the chat boards for 4-5 years, the problems with surfer commenced alter i wouldn’t follow a plan that he was instigating with others on a private chat board to post dis-information with regards to colombian on safety issues.

their plan was to keep the dicky doos (their term for mongers in general, most of them thought that they were superior to other mongers) bottled up in cartagena by posting fictions posts of security problems in other cities and towns in colombia.

more rubbish. i make no secret of the fact that i prefer that the clueless stay in cartagena, and that view is shared by many experienced colombia visitors. nobody needs to create "disinformation" to show the dangers which lurk in most areas of colombia (even you must admit cartagena is much more heavily policed than anywhere else in the country). resorting to his procilivity for making accusations with no proof, where are all these made up stories about the dangers in colombia? please post links to them hunter so the membership can decide for itself (rather than taking your word for it).

Hoof Hunter
01-24-07, 22:15
I'm headed to CTG in a few weeks. I'll call Mery. If she has an apartment available, I'll rent it. If she doesn't, I'll check someone/someplace else out. MY experiences with her as a renter have been great. Not a single problem. None of this changes anything for me. It's a business transaction, which, to me, should never have emotions involved.

Admin
01-24-07, 23:59
Greetings Everyone,

I don't know "Mery", so I have no idea if any of Hunter's complaints are accurate, but just by reading this thread I can make some reasonable conclusions:

1. On occasion the forums gets what I call "Serial Complainers", who are members who have decided for one reason or another to abuse their posting privileges by using the forum to attack somebody in hopes of destroying their business. This is why I have the "One Complaint" policy, which is rarely applied, and which prohibits any one forum member from continuously attacking and re-attacking another forum member's business. Unfortunately, the existing policy applies to other forum members, not to non-members like Mery. Perhaps it's time to change the policy.

2. Hunter is a classic "Serial Complainer" who apparently has never been one of Mery's customers, which doesn't really give him any foundation upon which to make any complaints.

3. More importantly, it appears that Hunter also rents apartments, which is an an obvious competing business interest and and obvious motivation for attempting to destroy Mery's business.

4. At least a couple of new "members" who have posted in this thread are aliases, and who's sole purpose is apparently to support Hunter's "opinions". Using shill supporters is a classic "Serial Complainer" strategy.

Anyway, I don't have the time to read all of Hunter's reports, so I would appreciate it if somebody could read them and give me a subjective summary that would answer the following question:

"Has Hunter ever provided any information related to the subject of this forum?"

Thanks,

Jackson

PS: Any future posts about Mery that are posted outside this thread will be deleted without comment.

Hunter
01-25-07, 00:33
Ok fair enough on your comments.

The aliases are nothing to do with me, I am sure you can check where they originate from, I will reply to Surfer post, which is mostly not Mery related, if Surfer wishs to carry on the conversation, we can do it via PM etc.

Hunter

========================================

Hi Hunter,

I appreciate your restraint.

Thanks,

Jackson

Hunter
01-25-07, 00:35
If I remember correctly you brought up the subject before on the other board that it had turned into a real estate investment board, when you brought that subject up I checked ALL previous posts for a short period of time, 1-3 months, something like that, 2 or 3 threads were real estate related and 2 or 3 were politics related, the remaining were travel and sex related, I can’t remember how many but it was something like 80 to a 100, I expect the thread is still there go and check it.

I asked you at the time to double check my findings, but you never replied to it.

I am on no right with blogs or whatever, not really interested in talking politics most of the time, you kept interrupting other thread with your politics, I pointed out that I had no problem with your politics, but just put in the politics folder or create a new thread, as initially I don’t think there as a politics folder, you got up tight about it, nothing new there.

As to the petty bickering going on the other board, you were involved with most of nearly all the time if I remember correctly, only I think three times between us, but against many others on that board, who you kept calling facists, RW etc.

I am a bit confused that when you call me a facist, neo conservative, right winger etc. We only met briefly once, politics never came up, you yourself say that I don’t post politics on the sex related boards, I rarely talk politcs to people, so where have these views come from?

I joined the first two boards in 1999, the second two in 2001, others since that have come and gone. Mery rented the first apt for me Jan 2004, I had no plans on being involved in the rental business to tourists until late 2003, so a bit hard to claim that I joined Colombian related chat boards to post about apartments.

I NEVER said I post HERE about 6 times a day, I said overall, there are less people seeking general help here than there are on other boards, so I have less to comment on.

As to threatening people, I remember threatening you once, when you called me GAY, so you asked for it, the other time that I am aware of the owner of the other board who promised to the other owners that when he visited Cartagena that he was going to come and look into things with a open mind, but after 5 days waiting and e-mailing him, with him rarely replying, then replying to my last e-mail that I was making it up, yet wouldn’t come at look at the evidence, I lost my rag and told him to walk wide around me or I would ring his scrawny neck, or something like that, I calmed down within half hour and sent another e-mail that said something along the lines don’t worry I over reacted, did he not show you that one, any other please tell me?

“Public accusations should provide proof”, I have offered TWICE here to SHOW the evidence when I am in Ctg if people are seriously interested, meet a dozen plus witnesses, etc., if you are not happy with that, what more can I say.

Merys ledger is just a small, small part of it by the way.

Well at least you admit that you first of all posted on here, then altered it, then deleted it, as I have both copies and there are plenty of witnesses here so it would be hard for you to say that you didn’t.

Actually there was only EVER few lines posted on another site, which I deleted after a few hours, also when did this take place, late October and the only other mention on another site since has been a few brief few lines, so hardly much of a public jihad.

It is most certainly true that I said I would post here to counter you, I thought it was pretty fair to give you a chance to delete it etc., if I wished to start a public jihad, would it not have been better for me just to join and start it then?

I am sure Mery or whomever can find some reason to take me to court if they want, lawyers can define exactly which word or words they want to use for whatever case, but I am sure anybody reading this will get the jist, as you say it was brought to your attention that I have OPENLY been accusing Mery of theft to people in Cartagena.

So you now claim that you didn’t post anything, well here is a copy:

POST BY SURFER: 01/10/07 2:13 PM

….. OFTEN vouched for the decency of el loco de Laguito (AKA Hunter) until he recently realized that the soft spoken and mild mannered persona was a mere guise for the Tasmanian Devil lurking within.

So much for the false accusations, unless that is somebody else using your handle, but you say you recently re-joined, was that not in your first post there?

I am not talking about the other board, I am talking about X… T… where you witnessed and others, planned on posting fictiouse accounts of problems in Colombia plus genuine news articles to keep everybody in Cartagena, the Dicky Doos as you and others called them, unfortunately not rubbish at all, as I wouldn’t play along that is when the Surfer problems started.

I can post links as I left the board after that (not sure the board even exists any more), but I can probably arrange for people who are on that board, well know handles on this board to speak to people from this board in Cartagena/PM some trustworthy independent person, as they don’t want to step up and get involved, which is fair enough. Can you suggest any independent person/s?

As to this post, I really start posts only respond to posts, as I did on the other board, the only one I remember starting was the time you kept interrupting posts with political rants. I have no problem carrying on posting here, I am not the one complaining about the posts YOU ARE, so if you keep posting I will.

I do agree with you that this is in the wrong thread, but I am only responding so its not in my hands, I have no problem moving the posts to wherever.

Hunter

Surfer
01-25-07, 02:34
I have said all I have to say on the matter (other than that I applaud your prompt action to allow those who wish to discuss p4p in Cartagena to reclaim the forum while providing this separate forum for apartment rental discussion.)

PS The BA apartment rental business is MUCH larger and more competitive, yet the various vendors (including yourself) seem to peacefully coexist without disparaging one another on Argentinaprivate and it is lamentable that the Cartagena crowd cannot do the same.

Tom 33
01-25-07, 03:15
I have been a member here for quite awhile. Hunter is new to this board, but I know him personally. He has provided very useful information on a number of other boards for years.

Mery used to manage the apartments that Hunter owned. He caught her cooking the books.

Jackson, I think you know Surfer well enough. He likes to accuse everyone of a conflict of interest. When I posted about a friend who was kidnapped by a taxi on the way in from Rio Negro Airport, he accused me of having an interest in the bus company.

Hunter has lived in Colombia for many years and can provide very useful information here. He has been very helpful to me.

I have known Mery for many years and have served on boards with her. Just this morning we spoke and kissed. I have nothing personally against her.

MJG Dogs
01-25-07, 04:43
He is from the PRSF.... It is in the air up there. Ask the baker's dozen.

Hunter
01-25-07, 11:11
What is PRSF?

Hunter
01-25-07, 11:17
I personely see very little disparaging going on amongst the various vendors, in fact only two times really, which we have both been invloved in.

But as you say we will call it a day, on the Mery front at least, I am sure we will find something else to argue about.

Hunter

===========================================

"I am sure we will find something else to argue about."

No, let's not!

Thanks,

Jackson

MJG Dogs
01-25-07, 21:01
hunter;

san francisco is the rear orifice of the country. the most anti-american, pro communist, leftist place in the whole hemisphere, kind of a hybrid between havana and caracas, except in havana i don't think 13 boys singing the star spangled banner would get beaten in the streets, by the son's of prominent doctor's and the intelligensia, with the police and the da, not filing assualt and mayhem charges, and a piece of human [CodeWord113] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord113) for a mayor who wants to blame the 13 boys. disgraceful

sorry surfer, it is what it is.......................................

Hunter
01-25-07, 22:19
AHH, Ok.

Hunter

Surfer
01-25-07, 22:45
as i said, jackson was wise to confine this waste of bandwidth here (where few will read it). i do not want to exacerbate this waste of bandwidth by responding, but the january 10 post of mine on the other board has been edited by somebody (unlike hunter and his mionions, i really do not care to waste the time to research who posted what when etc.) and i need to mention some of the obfurep001ion going on here:

hunter wrote:
i personely see very little disparaging going on amongst the various vendors, in fact only two times really, which we have both been invloved in.

i was never involved in any of it (so cut the "we" bit) as i could give a rat's ass about the apartment rental business in laguito. even when you used to call me "cheap" on the boards, because i had friends who let me use their apartments there for free, i never mentioned how you were notorious for overcharging newbies (because i really did not care).

i will say that those who have seen the alleged "smoking gun" against mery, the ledger (hunter's email and attachment was forwarded to me) said it proved no "theft" and that person still uses mery for all his apartments indicating that he still trusts her!

also, i never said hunter was gay (i said that i suspect he is a switch hitter, and living in sf one's "gaydar" gets very sensitive to such things, and many who have met him and followed his posts over the years would also wonder imho.).

i find it ironic that tom posted in medellin thread about how taking a taxi from the airport was too dangerous, and i responded saying i had never heard of a problem and questioning his motivation for posting that alarmist claim, yet hunter accuses me of being the mastermind of a grand conspiracy to post false stories about the security risks in colombia to keep people away???? too rich.

finally, mjdogs can blame san francisco for all that is wrong in the world, and hunter can blame mery (and me), but at least now the cartagena thread can get back to its intended purpose.

Hunter
01-26-07, 01:07
I thought it had ended Surfer but you continue with your rants.

What you mean with regards to researching your old threads is that you don’t want things pointed out to others (or yourself) what you have said in the past. After your first rant against me on the other board a couple of years ago, I copy and paste most things that you say into a folder, also other people cut and paste from other websites and send me the threads if my handle comes up, as one needs to be prepared, as one doesn’t know when next you will start a rant.

I have no minions as I can quite happily look after myself, as to the post of the other thread being edited, I wonder who did that you or the owner of the other site, on a cover up mission yet again.

Regarding the two vendor problems, you yourself said that you were involved in the first and myself, a few posts down, you are presently involved in the second on this thread, so that is a bit hard to deny, so is WE not correct?

Regarding pricings I NEVER set the prices Mery did.

I ONLY sent the other owners the spreadsheet bill with then money that I will be recovering from Mery (with a note that I was happy with most of the numbers, but not all, so some of the numbers could change, plus if I can prove other things she has done) and the list of what I had proven, which I also posted here, the actual information comes in at approx 80 A4 sheets, plus a lot of witnesses, a couple of dozen e-mails, the ledger is just one part, as he never came to check on this information, for his own reasons he can’t actually comment on them can he, others who have seen them have commented on them though.

If the other website owner wish to carry on using a thief, that’s up to him, he is a fool, time will probably prove me correct on that front, I suspect.

Gay is gay, I shall repeat what I said before, if you wish to call me gay I will happily meet you outside the Loco Gringo, is that more or less what I said before, if you see that as a huge threat, it proves what a sheltered life you have led.

I can bring the proof at the same time, also the witnesses, as they can then witness something else if you have a mind to.

Nobody has claimed Colombia is 100% safe, or not dangerous, in fact I have just posted that on the Cali thread. BUT yes you were planning a conspiracy, a grand one, I think not, maybe in your mind, but nobody elses.

Any more questions, feel free to ask, as I enjoy replying to you?

Will write again tommorrow, maybe.

Love

Hunter

MJG Dogs
01-26-07, 06:47
We need a good promoter for this potential brawl. Where in CTG do we hold the bout? When? Do we get the ring girls from LDV, or from a Casa? Will Loco gringo cater the bout? Who will referee?

Surfer
01-26-07, 07:14
if drawing Hunter's fire gives Mery a respite from the Inquisition then it is a small price to pay. How ironic that Hunter used to brag about how his "company" donated 100% of its rental profits to charity (RIGHT!), while the lady whose livlihood he seeks to destroy has a special needs daughter (Sally) in her 20s who has no one else in the World. SAlly will be in extreme economic distress if Hunter succeeds in his nefarious scheme to drive her mother out of the CTG apartment biz.

Hunter, if you have all this damning evidence of theft by Mery, then why have you not filed a denuncia with the fisicalia? Certainly they would not take kindly to her fleecing a foreign investor. Fear of being charged for filing a false police report perhaps?????

Juan Ventura better watch his backside because once Mery has been vanquished you can bet who the next target of his anti competitive machinations will be.

Yikes, I better quit now as he (with the assistance of his moles) is keeping a cyber dossier on me (old habits die hard eh?)

Mery should really come on here and defend herself but she is not the type of woman to be posting on mongering websites LOL

Tom 33
01-26-07, 15:01
I know that you are enjoying this. Hell, I have even enjoyed taking a jab at the Surf in the past. But you should not get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person. Surfer's world is quite different.

Hunter
01-26-07, 15:37
Who will referee?

You of course.

Hunter

Hunter
01-26-07, 15:46
You are correct, the weekend is here and I am off out with 3 girls, or maybe boys dressed as girls in others eyes, but they look pretty dam feminine to me and would prefer to communicate with them than Surfer, so I will post today and call it a day for a couple or days or longer on this subject hopefully, depending on our friend Surfer, these are rather long winded posts I am making as I am normally only used to writing a few lines.

Tiny 12
01-26-07, 20:46
Will write again tommorrow, maybe.

Love

Hunter

That proves it, Hunter is gay, and he's got the hots for Surfer!

No comment otherwise, I'm eternally indebted to Mery for helping me out when I was sick, and she's a friend, so will continue to rent from her. And Hunter and Surfer both rank in the top 10 of "people who I'd like to share a beer with someday even though I don't want to f*** them." So I don't think I'll step in the middle of this one.

MJG Dogs
01-26-07, 21:50
This is getting even better. let's move the bout to the beach behind the Cartagena Hilton, schedule during Miss Colombia. Hunter will wear the white top with the white shorts, with the red stripe, Surfer will wear the red top, with the letters C.C.C.P in yellow, red shorts, with the yellow stripe and the hammer and sickle emblem on the shorts. We will have a ten round, no knockdown ruled fight. 12 oz. Gloves. 3 minute rounds. Ring Girls should be Angie the blond from LDV, who has cracked more nuts than a squirrel, and Paola the streetgirl that works with Tony the Tout, whom has seen more c*** than a stadium urinal, will be the other ring Girl. Of course Tony the Tout reserves the right to all concessionary sales. Date and time to be announced soon...............

Aussie Greg
01-26-07, 23:48
Jesus Christ !!!

Its great somebody else is copping the flack instead of me !!!!! but can I be involved in some way, maybe I could help SURFER being picked up from the canvas !!!!

Aussie Greg.

MJG Dogs
01-27-07, 03:28
Ok Aussie, bring a couple of your airport girls with you to CTG for this Title bout, set up a booth to promote the mansion. Better clear it with Tony the tout first, for does have exclusive concessional and on site promotional rights. Ok, got to go, I need to call Larry merchant and Jim Lampley to call the fight for HBO deportes.

Hunter
01-28-07, 17:54
I don’t give money to charity, so it would be hard for me to brag about giving any money to charity, but sometimes people like yourself try to imply that I am making a lot of money for my high living lifestyle.

So I reply to them as I am here, you are part correct in what you say, I invest approx 7 times the profits that the rental business in Cartagena makes in a non profit making organisation, this organisation is related to environmental activities in Colombia. The Colombian government and the United Nations have given money to the main project my Corporation plans on doing four years ago, this project needs 4-5 years depending on the weather to give basic results for us to decide what is best way to proceed, at the moment I am busy creating a income stream for the Corporation, while I await those results, over the intervening years I have played around with a couple of other minor environmental related projects, as 4-5 years is a long wait. Again most of this is easily proved.

Apart from the last month, where I took all the dollars off Mery, as I didn’t want her exchanging them for reasons stated before. I only received money on one occasion from Mery, that was when I was short of Pesos and needed to go and buy some furniture for a new apartment coming on line, so it was hardly for me. Obviously I could be making that up, BUT as you keep on talking about Merys ledger, any left over money each month, went to others connected to enlarging the Corporations income stream or one of the above mentioned minor environmental projects and each person had to sign for the money, myself included, the amounts, dates, signatures etc are in Merys ledger.

Don’t worry about the evidence being filed etc., recovery of my stolen money is in hand, as you claim to be a lawyer, you will know that the legal system takes a while, for obvious reasons I will not go into detail here.

Juan Ventura (plus other rental agencies) has been around all the time that I had my apartments with Mery, for nearly 3 years, yet please point out any posts where I have bad mouthed him or his business or any other rental businesses there apart from our mutual friend mentioned in the last few posts, I have no interest in destroying his or anybody else’s business, as they haven’t stolen any money off me.

In fact if you check on this websites or others, I nearly always recommend Juan Ventura apartments along with whoever is renting mine when people ask for apartment recommendations in the Laguito/Bocogrande area, as he also rents good quality apartments, is honest as far as we can know anybody is and speaks English.

Mery has no problem finding people to defend her, she has you, who is doing a great job of bringing to peoples attention what is going on.

Unless you post something else that is really worth reply to, I will call it a day on commenting to you, as you are not bringing forward any information with regards to Mery.

Hunter

Catire
01-29-07, 12:25
whatever mis/dis "strategy" Surfer chose to employ on any private board, was something that he embarked on himself, rather than have that be the stated policy or strategy of those boards. This is an important distinction but you seem to be linking the actions of Surfer with those of the administrators of those sites and you shouldn't. Also, to the best of my knowledge, you were never banned from those sites either. You apparently left of your volition as is your right.

that said, my close friends (some of whom are also your friends) have privately confirmed to me that the Surfer "Dicky Doo Theorem" has turned out to be devastatingly correct, especially so in the major Dicky destination cities of Cartagena and to lesser extents, Medellin and Cali.

This wasn't a great discovery by Surfer, as any analysis of any such situation around the world is similar. More tourists and more publicity (especially on sites such as this one) mean more idiots by sheer numbers alone AND it also means the idiots start becoming a greater percentage of the whole. The model is infallible and with plenty of historical examples to support it.

If you had a stated disagreement with whatever he posted anywhere, you always had the prerogative to challenge it anywhere as well.

as to the Mery controversy, I'm surprised something didn't happen sooner and always strongly doubted the "Mery is an angel" dictums heard on various boards. This holds the same for any Colombian and most gringos involved in such business. For the Colombians, There is simply too much money involved and the temptation is too great.

I trust all appt renters, much less agents, that are involved in marketing to tourists about as far as I could throw them.

with one hand.

MJG Dogs
01-30-07, 00:22
This holds the same for any Colombian and most gringos involved in such business. For the Colombians, There is simply too much money involved and the temptation is too great.

Catire is 100% correct . This is not just limited to Colombia, you should see the scams, double-pricing, bait and switch tactics in Costa Rica...... makes the whole apartment war look small... Do any of you guys want to buy into a teak farm? Boy you will double your money within 3 years, no problema, go see the guy sitting at the bar at the Blue Marlin, or better yet put $ 10000 into the brothers bank in Mall san pedro, I am telling you you will get 3% per month!!!!!, or an extra 3% , if you do not withdraw you money during the year. Of course the so called bank is an illegal bank, the brothers dissapear " Que paso?, no mas dinero......

Aussie Greg
01-30-07, 00:30
If you find a good Colombian, its only a matter of time until they go bad, a bit like fruit !!!

Aussie G.

This holds the same for any Colombian and most gringos involved in such business. For the Colombians, There is simply too much money involved and the temptation is too great.

Catire is 100% correct . This is not just limited to Colombia, you should see the scams, double-pricing, bait and switch tactics in Costa Rica...... makes the whole apartment war look small... Do any of you guys want to buy into a teak farm? Boy you will double your money within 3 years, no problema, go see the guy sitting at the bar at the Blue Marlin, or better yet put $ 10000 into the brothers bank in Mall san pedro, I am telling you you will get 3% per month!!!!!, or an extra 3% , if you do not withdraw you money during the year. Of course the so called bank is an illegal bank, the brothers dissapear " Que paso?, no mas dinero......

MJG Dogs
01-30-07, 01:09
Thus you must pick the Colombian fruit just as it is starting to rippen

Dashing Don
01-30-07, 05:59
From the Philippines to Colombia; from Peru to Thailand, Surfer is everywhere: hectoring, lecturing, bitching, criticizing........the guy never stops.

I don't know anything about Mery or the apartment business in CTG, but a cursory perusal of the 'Hunter/Mery' thread will show that the thread died in June of last year only to be revived 5 months later by Surfer, who, as always, is itching for a fight.

When cornered, Surf will do two things: One--press the 'Report to Jackson' button, and Two--accuse the other guy of being a switch hitter.

Yo Surf, I wanna be part of this big meet in Laguito. You'll recognize me. I'll be the one with the chaps and the red bandana hanging out of the left rear pocket. Lets get it on!

Your top,

Don

MJG Dogs
01-30-07, 06:04
This guy talking about chaps and bandanas is serious Surfer. Nancy Pelosi and Barbara Boxer cannot help you here Surfer.

Hey Hunter appointed me referee, I guess I get paid twice, or maybe I will let Aussie Greg ref this one.

LatinTraveller
01-30-07, 06:48
Until now I have chosen to hang fire on this problem. However to seek closure I would like to know why?

First, long before any allegations of fraud or wrongdonging, you cloned the site that contained Merys rentals.

Second, your very poor strategy to control the ex-pat rental market in Cartagena has failed so badly

Third, your humiliation is such that you have to resort to violence. This site has a policy of mutual respect and zero tolerence to treats of violence. However, I am prepared to suffer the consequences of Jacksons rights to ban whoever he feels is beyond the pale. Therefore, I will meet you outside whereever you like and kick the shit out of you.

Sell up and ship out you loser.

Chao

MJG Dogs
01-30-07, 07:27
Now Hunter has a warm-up bout also.

Getting interesting. Hunter you need to put the chicas down part of the time and get your ass over to Bodytech every morning, need to have you in fighting shape.

Tom 33
01-30-07, 14:04
Gee, guess you should have remained silent.

Hunter designed Mery's site. I guess if he wants to use that format in whatever manner he chooses, it's probably okay since it is his property.

I'll be damned if I can figure out where this crap about controlling any market came from. Hunter has consistenly recommended his competitor, Juan Ventura. He has done nothing to try to hurt Juan's business.

I do agree about the violence. Let's grow up, boys.

Aussie Greg
01-30-07, 14:09
Doggie !!!!

Young fruit !!!! mmmmmmmmmmmm so sweet !!! Colombian of course !!

Aussie G.

Thus you must pick the Colombian fruit just as it is starting to rippen

Hunter
01-30-07, 17:22
I don't think I ever said that it was the stated policy of the other board, just where he posted what he wanted to do, just that Surfer had convientally forgotten what he posted and where. I never said I was banned from the site, I left in disgust, I have only been banned from one site as stated on this thread

Surfer never made the Dicky Doo name up, that I am aware of, another member did, long before the board we are talking about came into existence.

Any tourist destination that gets any sort of positive advertising more people will go, its only logical, but as to Ctg, Medellin being spoiled, hardly, I go to bars that rarely see a foreigner in both Cities. Most people follow the same beaten path, its quite easy to avoid that path if you want, in most any Country in the world, even easier in Colombia.

The people who say Ctg is spoiled have no idea what they are talking about, visited the place when it was in a down trend, while presently it is slowly going back to the way it was, just over a decade ago, Ctg is still presently a shadow of itself compared with 1994 and before.

Hunter

Tom 33
01-30-07, 17:38
Hunter designed Mery's site. I guess if he wants to use that format in whatever manner he chooses, it's probably okay since it is his property.

It was pointed out to me in a PM that I was not correct in this assertion. I hereby retract it.

Hunter
01-30-07, 17:43
Control the expat rental market, have you ever been to Cartagena?

As to the website, another owner part set up a website for Mery as she didn’t have one, he never finished it, I offered to finish it and paid the relevant people to finish it, they 90% finished it, but they had received no response from him for approx 6 months with regards to their questions.

Somebody started bad mouthing Mery apts on another website, there was no way of proving them wrong as Mery didn’t have a website with enough information on it, so over 2 weeks I added my input to finish the website.

I then e-mailed the guy to see if he liked it, wanted any changes, recommendations etc., he didn’t like it, sent me a link of a another website and said he wanted to do something along that websites lines, I thought the website he showed me was very ugly, but that was up to him, I sent him four e-mails regarding the website, he never responded to them.

So over the next 2 weeks, I changed the website and posted it under its present URL.

Funny sort of control I am seeking, as I never sorted a website out close to three years from when I started with Mery, only when forced to.

Hunter

Hunter
01-30-07, 17:46
The PM is not true, or not telling the full truth, I just posted with that regard to LTs post.

Hunter

Catire
01-30-07, 17:59
Hunter, at least one common friend and another good friend whom you are not friends with, but both of whom are very widely traveled and have spent a lot of time in Colombia over the last several years would disagree with you, especially about CTG.

Of course, their perspective horizon extends back only about the last seven years, I don't think they much care how it was back in 1994 and before.
They merely know that it has spiraled massively downward in the last several years.

The internet exposure and Dicky Doo inflow is not a coincidence in this downturn. I hear P4P prices in CTG have easily doubled in the last several years and hardcore is the name of the game. Coincidence? I think not.

so we'll have to agree to disagree, though I will wholeheartedly agree with you about the "off the beaten track" comment. The problem is that on a short vacation, one doesn't always get those opportunities to beat and find new paths.

Hunter
01-30-07, 18:27
Seven years was the height of the downturn, which started in 1995.

It all depends on what perspective you are looking from to claim that Ctg has "spiralled massively downward".

Prices have gone up in the LDV etc., doubled in the LDV or more, as have the hotel prices apartment rental prices, restaurant prices etc.

With regards to hooker prices if this was due to boards like this, it shouldn’t happen as most guys inform you on what to pay on the boards in advance, the apt/hotel prices can’t be anything to do with boards like this as there are 10,000s of apts/hotel rooms in Ctg, yet few of them will have mongers from these boards in them.

The main tourism comes from tourist articles in the main stream international press, plus a hell of a lot more Colombians with money from the interior going to Ctg on holiday. Most foreigners I have talked to in Ctg don’t even know boards like this exist.

From the non mongering perspective, the old City was mostly run down 7 years ago, buildings were crumbling away, no where near as bad as Habana for example, Ctg is a hell of a lot better looking place than it was seven years ago, although still has a long way to go.

Off the beaten track is certainly harder anywhere in your first visit or two, but if people have been going to Ctg for seven years or longer, they should easily be able to find those tracks.

Hunter

Aussie Greg
01-30-07, 18:59
The first ¨Gringo´s¨ that I met here in Medellin, Colombia after my first 2 months in Cali was Medellin Bob (my future partner) Steve Valdes (a propper son of a *****) and Hunter.

Ive never ever made one cent out of Hunter and have seen him help many people along the way and over the years, other than him being a ¨pommy barstard¨ who carnt play cricket properley and thinks soccer is football !!! he is a nice guy and I can fully understand him giving people a go in business and they turn around and fuck him while he is away, when you do business with a Colombian, they will always try and fuck you sooner or later.

I´ll never forget Medellin Bob saying to me one day after Hunter had told him, Hey Bob, I´ve taken 157 hours of Salsa lessons and I know 379 Salsa steps.
Medellin Bob´s reply.
Thats good Hunter, I know 5 steps and I can dance better than you !!!!!
Anyway, thats my two cents worth. !!!

Aussie G.

Tom 33
01-30-07, 22:02
The internet exposure and Dicky Doo inflow is not a coincidence in this downturn. I hear P4P prices in CTG have easily doubled in the last several years and hardcore is the name of the game. Coincidence? I think not.
One man's downturn is another's paradise.

Has CTG changed in the last few years? Yes, very few places have not.

Have chica prices easily doubled in the last several years? No way. Four years ago I paid 60K for SGs, and I pay 60 today. A friend pays no more than 40K, but he bangs some skanks. Four years ago in LDV some chicas were asking 140K for ST. Today many ask for 150 to 200K. Four years ago I paid 100K in LDV. I don't really go there any more because I like to go to bed early. But friends have paid 100K today.

Have real estate values easily doubled in the last few years? Yes.

To those who want to think that the Internet has ruined CTG, let me remind you that 80% of the tourist peso spent here is spent by Colombians. Our dollars do not make much of a dent.

Hunter
01-30-07, 23:00
Looks like you are going to make a nice living at this rate, as you were already apointed as the ref.

Hunter
01-31-07, 02:20
Reading my reply to LT with regards to the website, I would like to make a correction to the post below:

After the owner of Merys website not responding to my 4 e-mails, I carried on with finishing the website over the 2 weeks, it wasn’t actually finished when I contacted him (still isn’t fully done). I then posted out the finished contents on HIS website as the people who were commissioned to design the website had all he relevant passwords etc. I did know what he would say, but at the very least he would then respond one way or another, which he did, the old website design went back up, so I then moved the new website design to the new URL which I purchased.

Much as the last post, but the time scale is about a week longer, as I had to wait for the new URL, buy hosting etc.

Hunter

Winner71
01-31-07, 09:43
I don't post much as I don't have much to add to a mongering board. I'll start out as saying, hell yeah prices have risen in Cartagena. I remember 4 years ago when I could get a chuzo de carne, chuzo de pollo and a beer for 8k pesos at Riquisimo. I was in Cartagena about 3 months ago and visited my favorite restaurant of the past. The place has undergone a serious remodeling and wehn they brought me the menu I thought I was at the wrong restaurant. I wanted to ask for the chuzo de carne that used to be scribbled on the blackboard for 3, 500 pesos. I politely ordered and then asked for an Aguila. THey kindly told me. No more Aguilla. I ask for a Club Colombia. We're out of that too, replied my waiter who I know quite well as I frequented Riquisimo quite often a long time ago. I looked across the street. CinCin was no longer there. I asked what beer they do have tonight. It being Thursday at 9pm and they are out of Aguila and Club Colombia? He replied. Brava, Heineken or Corona. All of which hare 10k pesos a pop. I politely stood up, walked about 50 yards to the vendor down the street with his little ice-chest. Purchased 3 Aguilas for 6k pesos (which I think is quite expensive as well), came back to my table, handed the waiter my beers and told him to put them in the fridge for me.

What does this little story prove? Well, economics. Cartagena is a tourist city and Colombia is trying to promote tourism and while yes there is still an ongoing civil war, Colombia by and large is much more safe than it was 4 years ago. Thus all the new developments, thus the increase in price from lodging, restaurants, even chicas. It's all about supply and demand and how much someone will pay for soemthing. I don't get pissed off at the owners of Riquisimo. The place was packed, even if it is 3 times more expensive then it was just 2, 3, and 4 years ago.

My first few times to Colombia I regularly rented from Mery. A nice women who I could always rely on for information. I too have friends that are in love with her. I'm not head over heals about her, but I do consider her a friend and I do always go visit her when I am in Cartagena. I also have a good friend who owns one of Mery's rental. I have not talked to this friend in ovre 6 months and know nothing about this whole stealing issue. Nor would I even bring it up wiht him. It's just not my style nor does it pertain to me or affect me. I will say though that any time I have needed a favor from Mery or asked her for advice I honestly believe she cared. Some of the favors involve compensation. Have I overpaid her, absolutely. Is it worth the overpayment for the favors I ask. Absolutely.

Next, while Mery is a charming and wonderful person, she is also just like any other rgood ental manager. Someone who tries to do the best they can for their customers, someone who will more often than not bend over backwards for you, someone you can get advice from. But she is also living in a country where most of us do not know what it means to make ends-meat. A country where the minimum wage is about 300k pesos a month and many many people work for this. Many people in Colombia would give up their right hand to have the set-up Mery has/had. Did she take advantage of it. Sure. Did all the landlords care. Most of them not. In fact my friend numerous times told me he wants $x amount per night that people stay in his apartment and he could care less what MEry puts on top for herself. He would furthur tell me that one thing he did not like, but never mentioned to her because it just wasnt that important to him is the fact that Mery really doesn't keep books on the apartments or maybe I should rephrase. Let's just say he wasnt very convinced on the amount of money Mery would give him on a monthly basis. I. E. She could tell him that she rented his unit out 5 times a month or 15 times a month and he'd never know. In fact she may have ented it out 30 times a month. So, is Mery a horrible person. I'd say not. Does she take advantage of the customers? I. E. Charge them what she thinks she can get? Sure. Does she fib on the numbers of nights she rents out an owners apartment? Sure? Why does she do this, I mean when she has a plush job that many Colombians would die for? Answer is simple. Because she can. No one ever held her to anuy accountability. So she did what many others would do. Make her payday. We'd all like a nice payday. Mery is friendly, helping, kind, but most importantly she has her head on straight. It doesnt take a genius to see that she wasnt being held accountable so why not start putting away some cash.

Ok. Moving on. My sense is Hunter either knew this or figured this out an did what any businessman would do. Fire her. After all, it is stealing and he's the one she's stealing from. ANd this is Colombia so I can't find that it's surprising. Nor do I think it's wrong for Hunter to fire her and tarnish her name. Hunter has numerous properties. It's one thing that my friend really didn't care about his 1 unit. For Hunter, numerous units. Many lost rents or under-reporting. Hell yea I'd do something about it and he has every right to advertise what he knows. So is Mery bad? Not in my eyes, she just took advantage of a situation she was in. Is Hunter wrong to dump her and tell other owners what he knows and warn potential renters? Nope, not at all. In fact it's quite honorable, after all maybe now there will be some accountability.

I always find it foolish that people were so concerned over what they were paying for P4P yet not really concerned about what they paid for lodging. This moves us to my next topic. I think the resident rant king (sorry Surfer but after reading all your posts that what you look like) struck that thought in my head and many others long ago. Blaming the high prices on all the gringos. See, about 4 years ago when I was to meet Surfer in Cali, he had all these secrets about not to let anyone in on Cali. That everyone would ruin it just like they had Cartagena. Yep Surfer, you did send me handfuls of emails to keep quiet. Try to keep all the, you called them, "losers" in Cartagena. What you always failed to understand was prices aren't driven by "loser" gringo tourists paying a chica too much. There are millions of P4P opportunities in Colombia. Thousands in every major city. A small group of tourists isn't going to change that. Cartagena chicas aren't paid twice what they use to be paid because of overpaying "losers". They are paid twice what they were paid because of a growth in all sectors. You of all people should understand this. Uribe has a pretty good handle on Colombia. More-so than 4-6 years ago. Cartagena feels safer than Disneyworld and that's not just Laguito and Boca Grande. With this come foreign investors, with this comes construction and economic prosperity, with this comes a nicer place and nicer holiday location. More and more people mean a greaterr demand for goods and services, which means survival of the fittest. Darwinism. Everything goes up. Rent, chicas, food, enterrtainment, drinks at a bar, ehll even the cabbies wanted more than the standard 3k pesos I used to pay to go to the nightspots outside of BocaGrande. Sheesh, in Bogota there's a tarifa for airport pickup, tarifa for night cab, tarifa for weekend cab, tarifa if you call them to pick you up, tarifa for numerous bags. I was waiting to hear about the tarifa for rain. Catch my drift. Cabbies couldn't charge these tarifas 10 years ago. You think they are charging them because of the "loser" gringos hanging out too much in Bogota. I mean, heck a city of what 10 million plus decides to standardize all these tarifas because of a few mongering tourists? My friend it's called prosperity. Chicas didn't go up in Cartagena be/see of a few zillion "losers". Prices went up across the board because of economic prosperity due to a much greater perception that Colombia is safer. And it is. You used to ask me in awe about the road from Cartagena to Santa Marta. Almost scared shitless to try it out. Wonder if you ever made it to Tayrona? Colombians and foreigners alike travel long distances by bus in Colombia, something considered plain stupid 5 years ago even by Colombians. I never told you how foolish I thought you sounded with all your ideas about how Cali was going to turn into an ovrepriced loser playground if everyone doesn't keep it quiet. Just as I will never say that gringos overpaing for chicas is a function of too many gringo tourists. If you buy into that theory why the hell do you live in California? I enjoyed talking to you about Colombia. For a few days. Until you started laying this paranoia about Colombia on every message board I lurked on. If it wasn't Cali, it was your. It's too dangerous to go to Santa MArta by bus. Yet you had never done the trip. Why do I bring any of this up? Simply to point out a fib by you. You posted that everyone has always known about you trying to keep secrets about certain cities. That is false. I read numerous posts of yours 3-4 years ago, intentionally steering toursists in the wrong direction out of your paranoia that the country we all love so much would be destroyed. Like it's yours and everyone should leave it alone. This my friend is the truth, you posted on a few message boards and sent me a few handful of emails about it. Of course I only went to Cali once. The time you were supposed to meet me there and then when I got there you didn't show and you said you had to cancel for some reason. No love lost. Do I think you are a bad person. Nope. Disturbed maybe, and certainly not in touch with the reality that Colombia doesnt belong to you, nor are droves of tourists going to ruin anything for you. Your favorite spots, sure prices will go up. But not just chicas and not becuase the word is being spread on this board.

To be fair. I'll talk a bit about Hunter. About 2 years ago I wrote a business plan to set up a business plan in Colombia. Someone turned me on to Hunter as I was having some difficulties on figuring out the best methods of reinvesting my funds in products in the US after I sold them in Colombia. I. E. Reinvesting my profits. Hunter did not know me and spent a lot of time corresponding with me via email on various ideas and answering numerous questions that he need not answer. He could have just never responded. Professional in every manner. I never started that business, but he helped in numerous areas. That being said, Surfer and I corresponded quite a bit via email as well. After a handful of correspondes, it became apparent that Surfer had an agenda. I. E. Keep Cali from the whole world. After I went to Cali and returned (this was about 3-4 years ago), Surfer and I continued to correspond. It soon became apparent that Surfer loved engaging in political discussions. I'm not a huge proponent of talking about politics but it was quite humerous that Surfer always felt he was 100% right on any and every issue. It soon became annoying and when I mentioned to him that I'm from Houston. It instantly turned into "whoa, you must be an idiot. " Far from it, after all it's not me that has a problem understanding economics.

Mery has a place in my heart, but I have a hard time backing you and it severely pisses me off when you start talking about a single woman and her handicapped 20+ year old daughter. They are great people. But aren't there a lot of great Colombians that are single mothers. In fact my bet is you've banged quite a few of them. My point, you go way overboard and make Hunter out to be a terrorist on a mission with your comments. Sure, it sucks that maybe Mery lost a lot of her owners. But you know what, she's quite fortunate to have had them in the first place. There are millions of single Colombian mothers that make 300k pesos a months. Millions of them make even less. Just because you happen to know 1 of them and their boss has fired them doesnt mean the boss is a bad person. Hunter has every right to hire and fire who he chooses. And quite frankly if he thinks the main focal point of his business is stealing of course he should fire her and warn others. Again, I like Mery and want the best for her and know nothing about the issues between her and Hunterr- other than what I have spent the last 2 hours reading. When I read the comment from "Admin" asking what valuable info Hunter provides and should he be banned or something to that effect I dropped my jaw.

I have never personally met Hunter, nor Surfer. I know Mery quite well and I would never say a bada word about her as she has never wronged me. Though I will also not stick up for her in a situation I know nothing about. Admin wanted thoughts on Hunter. My opinion. Invaluable information. A real loss to a wealth of information. My opinion on Surfer. Occasionally has some a good post. 1 for about every 100 posts of political garbage and deception of truly giving 1st timers an accurate depiction of cities outside of Cartagena. Surfer has agendas, there is no doubt. Hunter is an entrepreneurer doing what any businessman would do. Protecting his assets, protecting his name, and informing others of a bad apple in his operation and explaining why he feels that we. Which probably he doesnt really need to do. How can you fault that. I mean, when a CEO gets rid of someone do they have to be put on trial for his reasonings and have it continue forever. It's really just unfortuante because Surfer is unable to just let things go. I say it's unfortunate because the meer discussion of this over a long period of time just damages Mery even more. After all, if something is mentionded and then brushed under the table and forgotten about, people eventually will go back to what they liked if they felt Mery made them feell like they were in their confort zone. Not compare that with say. Someone got real sick from eating at Burge King and it was in the news day after day for weeks and weeks, even months. How many consumers does Burger King lose? Alot more than had the news just let it go and admit there was a problem. Surfer you refuse to just admit that maybe Mery could have been wrong and then just let it go. Thus it is really you that is destroying Mery's long-term reputaion. Just my honest opinion from a board lurker.

Greetings Everyone,

I don't know "Mery", so I have no idea if any of Hunter's complaints are accurate, but just by reading this thread I can make some reasonable conclusions:

1. On occasion the forums gets what I call "Serial Complainers", who are members who have decided for one reason or another to abuse their posting privileges by using the forum to attack somebody in hopes of destroying their business. This is why I have the "One Complaint" policy, which is rarely applied, and which prohibits any one forum member from continuously attacking and re-attacking another forum member's business. Unfortunately, the existing policy applies to other forum members, not to non-members like Mery. Perhaps it's time to change the policy.

2. Hunter is a classic "Serial Complainer" who apparently has never been one of Mery's customers, which doesn't really give him any foundation upon which to make any complaints.

3. More importantly, it appears that Hunter also rents apartments, which is an an obvious competing business interest and and obvious motivation for attempting to destroy Mery's business.

4. At least a couple of new "members" who have posted in this thread are aliases, and who's sole purpose is apparently to support Hunter's "opinions". Using shill supporters is a classic "Serial Complainer" strategy.

Anyway, I don't have the time to read all of Hunter's reports, so I would appreciate it if somebody could read them and give me a subjective summary that would answer the following question:

"Has Hunter ever provided any information related to the subject of this forum?"

Thanks,

Jackson

PS: Any future posts about Mery that are posted outside this thread will be deleted without comment.

Hunter
01-31-07, 23:05
A few comments.

I am glad that you pointed out that it’s the rental agents job to be nice to clients,that seems to have been missed by most, or certainly not pointed out.

I am very glad that you also pointed out, Mery charges what she thinks she can get, what also seems to be missed by many who rent, as that the fraud directly affects them as they are paying more to rent apartments, than they should.

The first couple of paragraph from my first post regarding this subject is in the Cartagena thread, I did not actually suspect ANY fraud, the post is probably in the wrong thread and should be moved here, I will leave that up to Jackson to decide though:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=582&page=4&pp=15

Post number 1832

There was obviously a chance fraud could be committed, I had discussed this with other owners and other people. My answer was quite simple, that if Mery committed fraud, it would be dumb, as it wouldn’t take long for her business to go down hill, if she was going to do it she would, but would get caught out sooner or later, as she would just get greedier and greedier until it was easy to find if anybody looked.

Not sure who your friend is, but Mery certainly kept accounts for me and others.

To be fair to Admin, he only knows what people tell him, he will see that approx half my posts are on this thread and I only recently joined the board, so it could certainly look like I am a "Serial Complainer". Also there was one or more trouble makers trying to stir the shit as others had pointed out on the thread, he or they have a problem with Mery but use different handles to hide their identify, I have seen posts on other boards like this where somebody uses multiple handles to make trouble, that is no my style, but as I am new here Admin wouldn’t know that.

Thanks for writing your detailed post, which obviously took you some time, I hope Surfer doesn’t give you to much flack.

Hunter

Surfer
02-01-07, 16:04
To be clear, winner (NOT me) posted the following:

Nibu,

If you speak Spanish and you're going to be doing all these bus trips anyways. You should probably ok from Santa Marta to Valledupar. I've never done it though and the only info I really have on this is from a Colombiana.

This is my response.

Areas that are safe for Colombians to travel by bus may not be so safe for SOLO gringo sex tourists. And many parts of Cesar are not considered safe even by Colombians (and I know because I met two chicas from there on cybercupido who strongly advised AGAINST bus travel there from Santa Marta even for Colombianos).

Here is one line from the wikipedia entry on Valledupar:

In recent decades the city has been affected intensively by the Colombian Armed Conflict, with massive kidnappings [3], forcedly displaced people[4]. and an endemic problem of impunity reflected specially towards crimes against journalists[5].

Here are the sources:

NYTIMES: From Colombia's Upper Class, Rebel and His Foil Diverged (Spanish) nytimes.com Accessed 08 October 2006.

Presidencia de Colombia: Viviendas para desplazados de Valledupar (Spanish) presidencia.gov.co Accessed 08 October 2006.
# ^ Sipiapa: Sociedad Interamericana de Prensa; Colombia (Spanish) sipiapa.org Accessed 08 October 2006.

This information is from October 2006, less than 4 months ago.

Does this mean that a gringo could not visit Valledupar without incident? Of course not, but like other isolated cities in danger zones he visits by FLYING there (if he is smart). Now NIBU is a big boy and can obviously research local security conditions himself, and doubtful any harm was done, but you DID post that.

Finally, your suggestion that I have pissed off a lot of Colombianos and am lucky to be alive etc. is TOTALLY off base. I am very culturally sensitive and RESPECTFUL to them and their culture, UNLIKE so many ugly Americans (and Canadians and Israelis and Italians etc.) who behave so wonderfully in Cartagena (or Tijuana or Nuevo Laredo etc.). THOSE are the folks we call "PLs". To give an example, go back and read Ricker's posts about me after we met in Cali and his description of his observations of my interactions with the Colombianos (and what the chicas and my taxista friend told him about me). Or send him a PM and ask him how I treat the Colombianos.

My primary beef with Aussie Greg is his poor treatment of Colombianos (including using physical force and violence against chicas-and he is a big guy) . Also, Don's jihad against me started from me calling him out for a racist post he made about Colombianos (later expanded to his posting of racial slurs against Puerto Ricans, Chinese, even Eskimos in other sections of ISG) in the Cartagena section of ISG almost two years ago, long before I had rekindled my affinity for the PI.

I have no problem with the Colombianos. In fact, even more than the lovely country and culture it is the people themselves that make it so special IMHO.
And I hate to see that change, but as more and more ill mannered sex tourists descend on Colombia those changes are inexorable.

End of diatribe.

Enjoy the new Colombia.

Surfer
02-01-07, 23:21
Hunter: If you do not rent apartments then why do you post links to your website, with pictures of your apartments, on this and other mongering websites?

Tom 33
02-01-07, 23:26
Hunter: If you do not rent apartments then why do you post links to your website, with pictures of your apartments, on this and other mongering websites?Here is an example of clarity of thought.

Surfer
02-02-07, 00:01
Yesterday at 14:32 #147
Hunter
Reports: 53

Scooby1
One I forgot about, you should add the link to your post has qite a few differant companies and people who advertise there, including myself:

http://www.caribenet.com/

Hunter

Guess I am too dense to understand, but it APPEARS that as of yesterday Hunter was advertising his apartments for rent on the web yet this morning he does not rent apartments (so Mery is no longer a competitor).

Just saw Tom posted this in Aussie Greg' Mansion s folder:

01-28-07 at 17:04 #1487
Tom 33
Reports: 553

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSultan
Do mansion girls do bbbj??? I heard the don't and I consider that a potential problem. But then again, money talks and bullshit walks. I am just curious.

Very few chicas from Medellin, in my limited experience, give BBBJs. Before someone posts about a Paisa who went uncovered, it has happened to me as well. But I would guesstimate that 90% go covered.

Before the Mansion changed Medellin, I can only recall 1 chica who declined bbbj (and even she blew my friend bb proving the accuracy of YMMV). I personally would just assume whack pud than get a covered bj but to each their own. But if 90% refused bbbj, I'd move to a new country hasta pronto!

Colombian Girls used to freely pose for nude pictures, but try that in Cartagena nowadays (way too many have been burned).

Tom I am curious why you are moving to Medellin (you mention that you plan to spend April & May there and will meet up with your friends Hunter & Aussie Greg)? You have long been one of Cartagena's fiercest defenders (you often claim you still get the same service and same prices that you did several years ago), and seem to love it there, so why leave?

Note to Jackson: It seems the discussion of "Hunter's Complaint with his competitors" has been exhausted and a new thread titled "Has the internet changed Colombia?" would be a more appropriate subject header.

Tom 33
02-02-07, 04:01
Medellin is a more liveable city for me in my old age. It is cooler in many ways. More importantly MDE rests during the week. I like rest.

Admin
02-02-07, 22:20
Gentlemen,

The purpose of this Forum is to provide for the exchange of information between Men on the subject of finding Women for Sex.

Let's get back to the subject.

Thank You,

Jackson

MJG Dogs
02-03-07, 07:35
Hmmmm. A little censorship of the thread here? Oh well must have been the EU comment. Hey it's your board.

Scooby1
02-03-07, 15:11
Hunter

Do you have any apartments for rent in Medellin, if so please post link or pm me with info.

Scooby

Hunter
02-03-07, 22:34
I haven't been banned that I am aware of.

Hunter

Hunter
02-03-07, 22:35
No nothing in Medellin, only in Ctg.

Hunter

Hunter
02-03-07, 22:58
QUOTE=Surfer]Yesterday at 14:32 #147
Hunter
Reports: 53

Scooby1
One I forgot about, you should add the link to your post has qite a few differant companies and people who advertise there, including myself:

http://www.caribenet.com/

Hunter

Guess I am too dense to understand, but it APPEARS that as of yesterday Hunter was advertising his apartments for rent on the web yet this morning he does not rent apartments (so Mery is no longer a competitor).[/QUOTE]This website above has several hundred links (not that I have ever counted them), including a dozen or two to other apartments agencys and hotels, also includes a link to where I rent my apartments, hence the last two words.

Hunter: If you do not rent apartments then why do you post links to your website, with pictures of your apartments, on this and other mongering websites?I DON’T rent apartments, I give them to others to rent, I used to post links to Merys website before and other rental agencys, still post the other agencys as well, just like in the example you quote at the top.

Hunter

MJG Dogs
02-07-07, 21:49
I now, also want a piece of Surfer, the guy has finally pissed me off also. he wants to "incinerate", me on another board. I wonder if he is taking lessons from Winnie Mandela?

Surfer
02-08-07, 00:25
You keep mentioning Winnie Mandela, so presumably you know wht it means to get necklaced.

Keep your politics OFF this board, Hunter is a great example as he does not clutter the board with politics, and we are cool. Many, including myself, came to realize that an international mongering board like ISG (or the other one you refer to) is not the place for political debates but my tolerance for your constant cheap shots against San Francisco, Pelosi, Biden, the EU, the UN etc etc etc has come to an end.

Taser
02-09-07, 15:16
As a new monger I posted my first ever message on TSM in the late 1990’s. Made a FNG (fucking new guy) error and posted a cut and paste state department warning. Within moments I was flamed by Surfer. I see by his posts over the years what quality of person he is.

Hunter on the other hand assisted me with my first few trips to Medellin. A wealth of support and information. Taking a spot (drinking) coffee with Hunter is an experience of humor and intellect.

Ricker
02-09-07, 18:19
As a new monger I posted my first ever message on TSM in the late 1990’s. Made a FNG (fucking new guy) error and posted a cut and paste state department warning. Within moments I was flamed by Surfer. I see by his posts over the years what quality of person he is.

Hunter on the other hand assisted me with my first few trips to Medellin. A wealth of support and information. Taking a spot (drinking) coffee with Hunter is an experience of humor and intellect.

I know both these guys. Like them both.

Surfer helped me mucho in Cali when I first started visiting that city.

Hunter allowing me a place to stay in his old apartment in Medellin near the Plaza Rosa hotel a few years ago and then buying me dinner in Cartagena one night :)

Both good guys ...

MJG Dogs
02-09-07, 18:28
Taser and Flying Sky High

Yes I hear you, I've gotten to the point that it is not any fun anymore to throw a baited hook anymore, he always takes the bait, hook, line and sinker.

And be seeing how he reacts, he has issues that I do not want to even address, not worth it. Hateful guy he is.......

LatinTraveller
02-18-07, 09:38
Gee, guess you should have remained silent.

I'll be damned if I can figure out where this crap about controlling any market came from. Hunter has consistenly recommended his competitor, Juan Ventura. He has done nothing to try to hurt Juan's business.

I do agree about the violence. Let's grow up, boys.

Tom

Maybe you should remain silent.

I acknowledge your retraction, however it is obvious that you know nothing about this.

Your undying support for Hunter is admirable.

Perhaps Juan is a more able competitor than Mery, he is certainly more expensive. Maybe Hunter fears upsetting Juan. Who knows or cares!

As Hunter's admirer perhaps you could ask him why he failed to answer my points, chossing insted to ramble incoherently and completely misrepresent his cloning of the site containing Mery's rentals.

Get back to saving money on your taxis to the airport!

LatinTraveller
02-18-07, 09:47
Reading my reply to LT with regards to the website, I would like to make a correction to the post below:

After the owner of Merys website not responding to my 4 e-mails, I carried on with finishing the website over the 2 weeks, it wasn’t actually finished when I contacted him (still isn’t fully done). I then posted out the finished contents on HIS website as the people who were commissioned to design the website had all he relevant passwords etc. I did know what he would say, but at the very least he would then respond one way or another, which he did, the old website design went back up, so I then moved the new website design to the new URL which I purchased.

Much as the last post, but the time scale is about a week longer, as I had to wait for the new URL, buy hosting etc.

Hunter

Is this your defence?

If so: Guilty as charged.

Moreover, it is simply not true.

You cloned the website containing Mery's rental properties long before your allegations of fraud. Is cloning fraud?

I am sure you will be glad to hear that Mery's business continues to prosper despite all your efforts to discredit her.

Tom 33
02-18-07, 13:04
Tom

Maybe you should remain silent.
Buen idea. You have all the answers. Tell me, how long have you lived in Laguito? I have only lived here for 4 years, so I'm still a newcomer.

Hunter
02-18-07, 14:27
Why are you only copying part of the reply:

Is this your defence?

If so: Guilty as charged.

Moreover, it is simply not true.

You cloned the website containing Mery's rental properties long before your allegations of fraud. Is cloning fraud?

I am sure you will be glad to hear that Mery's business continues to prosper despite all your efforts to discredit her.The first part is here:

As to the website, another owner part set up a website for Mery as she didn’t have one, he never finished it, I offered to finish it and paid the relevant people to finish it, they 90% finished it, but they had received no response from him for approx 6 months with regards to their questions.

Somebody started bad mouthing Mery apts on another website, there was no way of proving them wrong as Mery didn’t have a website with enough information on it, so over 2 weeks I added my input to finish the website.

I then e-mailed the guy to see if he liked it, wanted any changes, recommendations etc., he didn’t like it, sent me a link of a another website and said he wanted to do something along that websites lines, I thought the website he showed me was very ugly, but that was up to him, I sent him four e-mails regarding the website, he never responded to them.

So over the next 2 weeks, I changed the website and posted it under its present URL.

Also Mery e-mailed people with BOTH websites URLs for a while on on her e-mail replies, she didn't know how to put them as her signature, so I put BOTH of them on there for her.

As to Merys business going well, in the short term yes, in the long term, I doubt it will, we will let the future answer that, patience is a virtue.

Any real questions fire away, I am quite happy to answer.

Hunter

Kukulkan
01-03-08, 10:25
I wonder if you still here?

Kukulkan

Tom 33
01-03-08, 20:10
I wonder if you still here?

KukulkanI don't know if he still reads this board, but I am having coffee with him the day after tomorrow.

Kukulkan
01-05-08, 04:39
I don't know if he still reads this board, but I am having coffee with him the day after tomorrow.Thank you Tom, I will apreciated, if you say "Hi" to Mr Hunter for me, He will remember me.

And I hope you had Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year

Kukulkan

Looking For Eden
01-05-08, 05:20
I rented from Mery and would recommend 100%. Good experience, honest. Never rented from Juan so can't say. Nice apartment came with everything she said it would, no problems, no hassels.

Aussie Greg
10-04-08, 19:37
Hunter,

Where are you you bastard!

Are you still alive!

Aussie Greg

Tom 33
10-05-08, 19:33
Hunter,

Where are you you bastard!

Are you still alive!

Aussie GregHe's fine, but I haven't seen him on this board for a long time.