PDA

View Full Version : Medellin Hotels and Rental Apartments

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Bbrocs
03-25-13, 05:39
Originally Posted by Jonesie [View Original Post]

Nobody pays for banners on my site. You, of course, know this. But you haven't let your argument be dictated by facts up to this point, no need to start now. I also haven't had a drink in decades. You knew that as well. But why would you ruin a good tangent just because the information turns out to be bullshit?

Monger Jonesie.

Make you a wager.

12:41pm.

Barry B.

I have responsibilities now.

12:41pm.

Monger Jonesie.

I'll put your banner up in the headline spot for month of December. If it gets less than 1, 000 hits, it's free.

Over 1, 000, it's $200.

12:42pm.

Barry B.

Please make that offer to the mansion. It's not in the budget for a 200 / month anything.

12:43pm.

Monger Jonesie.

Ha.

That banner is $1, 200 a year.

But since you're skeptical.

I wanted to put my money where my mouth was.

12:56pm.

You can ***** about the coca cola rep not selling your pepsi all you want. The mansion has held their end of the agreement, so I've sent tons of clients to them. As hard as I've tried to bring you into the fold, you've resisted in an accusing manner.
questioning my motives...
my motives are to sell ad space and get my clients what they paid for.
you've gone out of your way not to be my client. so don't *****

1:30pm
Barry B
I don't know what your on today. But I'm not buying. Taking me off your website. I'm good
In burning the maps for firewood tonight

Jonesie
03-25-13, 06:32
All the low rent bullshit aside. I've stayed at one of Rich's places, and really liked it. However, for short term stays, I'd still prefer the B&B style of the mansion.

I like the like-minded camaraderie of the mansion, and I like my girls over 18, as uncivilized as that may seem.

There are other apartments for Jonsie, He can simply reach out to Rich, Albert or Eric, The rest of us civilised folks get along with Barry really well!

Bbrocs
03-25-13, 10:44
Barry, Barry, Barry. You're like a rabid dog gnashing at everything. Take a deep breath and try to get yourself together. While you are at it try developing a sense proportion, humor, subtlety and decency. Otherwise, you're going to blow a gasket.Hey Robert good for you your 3rd post,

There was nothing personal I just could not do 1/4 off the rent. You did absolutely nothing wrong over your stay. I have our banter back and forth only thing I said to you was exactly what I wrote. Glad you had a nice stay but I just can't do $50 a night on a $65 room. You never responded I waited for a reply. When I did not get one from you I did not want to bother you, I figured it was a dead deal. There was no need for me to make a offer I knew your position because you said right in your text," and I want the same deal again"

As far as defriending you and you couldn't get the last word there is a ton of ways to contact me to curse me out or even if I dare say this call me on the phone like the old days and discuss something with me. I'm easy to reach.

I have nothing else to really say but I hope when you retire down here you enjoy your life. I like the car reference "gasket" very red-neck. Glad you were able to pile on here. You don't know me well enough to tell me what I need to do. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and see that someone else is entitled to be having a bad day and give that person some forgiveness and understanding. Instead of slamming them when they contact you stating the same.

LocoGringo
03-25-13, 11:46
I have stayed in several of the apartments that Poblado has over the past year. I also had and reted thru Juan V in Cartagena several apartments. These guys are the best I have found out of the many I have used or been associated with. The apts are 1st class and major problems (noise) are always explained in advance. Pissing contests suck and I do not do well in them so I try and not be involved, only my experience in regards to being a renter or owner. By the way, Ruben of Poblado is top notch in my book and Barry has always tried to accomadate my screw-ups (dates of rentals).

TweedleD
03-25-13, 16:52
All the low rent bullshit aside. I've stayed at one of Rich's places, and really liked it. However, for short term stays, I'd still prefer the B&B style of the mansion.

I like the like-minded camaraderie of the mansion, and I like my girls over 18, as uncivilized as that may seem.Based on your last several posts, I can understand why the mansion is a better fit for you."the like-minded camaraderie of the mansion" seems to be the perfect fit for you!(many degenerates choose to stay there) BTW, When are YOU going to put "All the low rent bullshit aside"

Hillbilly69
03-25-13, 17:09
Based on your last several posts, I can understand why the mansion is a better fit for you."the like-minded camaraderie of the mansion" seems to be the perfect fit for you!(many degenerates choose to stay there) BTW, When are YOU going to put "All the low rent bullshit aside"He ain't getting any more Freebies from Barry so he is buddying up with Boyd smoking homemade bongs and looking for handouts.

Jonesie
03-25-13, 17:47
[Deleted by Admin]

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was redacted or deleted to remove sections of the report that were largely antagonistic. Please read the Forum FAQ and the Forum's Posting Guidelines for more information. Thank You!

Combo
03-25-13, 23:40
Based on your last several posts, I can understand why the mansion is a better fit for you."the like-minded camaraderie of the mansion" seems to be the perfect fit for you!(many degenerates choose to stay there) BTW, When are YOU going to put "All the low rent bullshit aside"Many "degenerates" at the Mansion? Why would a degenerate stay at a place where a girl needs a valid I'd to enter? My guess is the degenerate crowd would stay far away from the Mansion and El Castillo. Unless you consider smoking pot and wanting to fuck good-looking legal-age women "degenerate." And I've only seen a few guests here and there smoke pot (though Boyd himself does like his reefer).

SavePros321
03-26-13, 00:40
many "degenerates" at the mansion? why would a degenerate stay at a place where a girl needs a valid i'd to enter? my guess is the degenerate crowd would stay far away from the mansion and el castillo. unless you consider smoking pot and wanting to fuck good-looking legal-age women "degenerate." and i've only seen a few guests here and there smoke pot (though boyd himself does like his reefer).i'm not sure what a few of you are getting at, but i can assure you that i don't not rent an apartment just so i can invite "chicks with no id" over.

combo, you come from mongering in sosua just like i have. would you dare invite your unspoiled non-pro or semi-pro from puerto plata over to new garden; a straight up knock down trick house? i'm willing to bet you would rather take her to villa or an apartment and not have a bunch of "hard heads" hawking your chick; not because you were somehow trying to get around presenting her id. we are already having the discussion about jail over in that thread. the last thing you want is to be going to jail in another country behind some bullshit.

also, it is well known that any outside non-mansion broad you bring to the mansion they will take her info down and use it to invite her over later. i am not paying to stay at the mansion to build their chica contacts list for them (see the c r t discussion about this from 2006). i am paying to use the contacts they've made off of other unsuspecting mongers who didn't know the deal. if you bring your non-pro over and they later call her to trick there after you leave, then i will bang her. but my non-pros that i put much effort into finding will meet me at my apartment.

i also understand that someone here had already done the math that geraldine a*k*a demi moore was not 18yrs old when she was found on the streets of mayorista and brought to come trick at the mansion. so let's not pretend that one crowd is holier than the other.

i myself would not call anyone staying at the mansion a "degenerate" because i often stay there myself; nor would i or would like to be accused of renting an apartment so that i can invite **** chicas over. guys that do that and are actively looking for that (**** chicks) are the "true" degenerates.

TweedleD
03-26-13, 02:30
I never said all mansion guests were degenerates, I said many mansion guests are degenerates, thus I choose apts. Also, I do check cedulas myself, My personal minimums are at least two years older than some of the girls I've seen at least one of the mansion owners with.

Member #4351
03-26-13, 02:56
My personal minimums are at least two years older than some of the girls I've seen at least one of the mansion owners with.So what would be your opinion of the Colombians who just follow the country's legal age of consent? I won't mention it because it might wound your sensibilities. Enjoy being judgmental and "holier than thou".

TweedleD
03-26-13, 03:34
So what would be your opinion of the Colombians who just follow the country's legal age of consent? I won't mention it because it might wound your sensibilities. Enjoy being judgmental and "holier than thou".I don't judge, I don't have any real sensibilities, And I think Colombia's age of consent laws are completely appropriate for Colombians. Thank you

Hillbilly69
03-26-13, 11:18
nobody gives me anything for free. no need to trash boyd, i'm sure you'd be welcome if the mansion weren't within 500 yards of a school, park, or playground.seeing the worlds biggest **** owns a monger board and you own one, it kind of narrows things down. down the street for da kiddee board jonesie!

ps next time you plan a birthday party chester, make sure the girl is in the country , before you post the picture on your facebook page, ( dumb ass!) so you don't end up playing dress up with another guy after your date don't show up!

Combo
03-26-13, 12:53
i'm not sure what a few of you are getting at, but i can assure you that i don't not rent an apartment just so i can invite "chicks with no i'd" over.

combo, you come from mongering in sosua just like i have. would you dare invite your unspoiled non-pro or semi-pro from puerto plata over to new garden; a straight up knock down trick house? i'm willing to bet you would rather take her to villa or an apartment and not have a bunch of "hard heads" hawking your chick; not because you were somehow trying to get around presenting her i'd. we are already having the discussion about jail over in that thread. the last thing you want is to be going to jail in another country behind some bullshit.

also, it is well known that any outside non-mansion broad you bring to the mansion they will take her info down and use it to invite her over later. i am not paying to stay at the mansion to build their chica contacts list for them (see the c r t discussion about this from 2006). i am paying to use the contacts they've made off of other unsuspecting mongers who didn't know the deal. if you bring your non-pro over and they later call her to trick there after you leave, then i will bang her. but my non-pros that i put much effort into finding will meet me at my apartment.

i also understand that someone here had already done the math that geraldine a*k*a demi moore was not 18yrs old when she was found on the streets of mayorista and brought to come trick at the mansion. so let's not pretend that one crowd is holier than the other.

i myself would not call anyone staying at the mansion a "degenerate" because i often stay there myself; nor would i or would like to be accused of renting an apartment so that i can invite **** chicas over. guys that do that and are actively looking for that (**** chicks) are the "true" degenerates.so you took four paragraphs to say that you agree with me? mansion guests are as a whole very similar to most of us on this forum. if that makes them "degenerates," well i guess i can't argue. and no, of course, i wouldn't bring a non-pro amiga to n. garden or the mansion. what does that prove?

SavePros321
03-26-13, 13:24
and no, of course, i wouldn't bring a non-pro amiga to n. garden or the mansion. what does that prove?it proves (seems we both agree) that not every one who rents apartments are doing so just because they are trying to score **** chicas, which is what some here have been implying in their posts. the implication being "if you don't stay exclusively at the mansion your entire trip, it's just because you are trying to get around having a chica show her id."

EstebanH
03-26-13, 21:17
Many "degenerates" at the Mansion? Why would a degenerate stay at a place where a girl needs a valid I'd to enter? My guess is the degenerate crowd would stay far away from the Mansion and El Castillo. Unless you consider smoking pot and wanting to fuck good-looking legal-age women "degenerate." And I've only seen a few guests here and there smoke pot (though Boyd himself does like his reefer).If you think they strictly follow any rules regarding chica age, you are sorely mistaken. One of the most popular girls ever at the Mansion had her 18th birthday last September, but had been coming to the Mansion for several years prior.

Vegas Jeff
03-26-13, 22:19
we are already having the discussion about jail over in that thread. the last thing you want is to be going to jail in another country behind some bullshit.can you send me the link with this discussion. i would be interested in reading it.

i don't think you are risking jail by being with an **** girl in medellin. i have heard of a few incidents with **** girls in medellin and the police accepted a payoff. gringos have the money for the payoff. the paramilitaries are in medellin because the police are so easily bribed. there was a guy in costa rica who had a picture of a girl who was 17 on his computer and the police confirep001ed the computer and arrested him. he was in jail for months. medellin has a huge problem with child prostitution. my girlfriend lives in robledo in strata 2. she says many colombian men have sex with 10-12 year old girls.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/prostitution_in_colombia

Manizales911
03-26-13, 22:45
If you think they strictly follow any rules regarding chica age, you are sorely mistaken. One of the most popular girls ever at the Mansion had her 18th birthday last September, but had been coming to the Mansion for several years prior.I have heard this rumor before but I for one aren't buying it.

Hioctane
03-26-13, 23:02
If you think they strictly follow any rules regarding chica age, you are sorely mistaken. One of the most popular girls ever at the Mansion had her 18th birthday last September, but had been coming to the Mansion for several years prior.They check IDs as does any place that has been open a long time. Otherwise, they would have been shut down long ago. Listen people, if you think girls don't use their sister's or friend's IDs, you are deluding yourselves! If she looks too young, you shouldn't be looking at her no matter what her ID says!

TweedleD
03-27-13, 01:25
If you think they strictly follow any rules regarding chica age, you are sorely mistaken. One of the most popular girls ever at the Mansion had her 18th birthday last September, but had been coming to the Mansion for several years prior.No Discussion of Sex with Minors: Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that refers to any person (s) under the age of 18 years

Kdogg21
03-27-13, 01:29
He ain't getting any more Freebies from Barry so he is buddying up with Boyd smoking homemade bongs and looking for handouts.Boyd makes pipes not bongs, get it straight already.

Member #4351
03-27-13, 02:30
I think Colombia's age of consent laws are completely appropriate for Colombians. Thank you

No Discussion of Sex with Minors: Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that refers to any person (s) under the age of 18 years

Unless you're a Colombian, then its OK.

Vegas Jeff
03-27-13, 08:33
no discussion of sex with minors: please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that refers to any person (s) under the age of 18 yearsit is important to know the risks you are taking by being around girls who are 18 years old. some of them will have fake i'd's. they don't need a sister or friends i'd. they can get one made on their own. there have been police raids of casas in every country and the burden is on you. the casa hired her with the legal age is 18 and it is still 100% your fault. that risk is money, and not much of it, in medellin.

i have never intentionally been with a girl who was ****, but after the fact i found out a few were. it is important to know the laws and customs when traveling to different countries.

EstebanH
03-27-13, 18:08
I have heard this rumor before but I for one aren't buying it.There were a series of pictures on her website of her blowing out candles on her birthday cake. On top of the cake were the two large digits "18". She has since removed those pictures from her facebook page.

EstebanH
03-27-13, 18:10
No Discussion of Sex with Minors: Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that refers to any person (s) under the age of 18 yearsTweedle, just pointing out the pervs on the site. I have never met the girl. Sorry you are so defensive. Maybe you have some latent guilt?

Hillbilly69
03-27-13, 18:27
Man, this conversation has degenerated. When I'm president, trailer parks will not have internet access.Your always welcome to send Jackson your trip reports by mail.

Manizales911
03-27-13, 18:37
Tweedle, just pointing out the pervs on the site. I have never met the girl. Sorry you are so defensive. Maybe you have some latent guilt?Esteban, Tweedle was quoting the forum's rules, maybe you should read them.

TweedleD
03-27-13, 22:12
Man, this conversation has degenerated. When I'm president, trailer parks will not have internet access.Kind of like the kettle calling the pot black

TweedleD
03-27-13, 22:17
Tweedle, just pointing out the pervs on the site. I have never met the girl. Sorry you are so defensive. Maybe you have some latent guilt?BTW estabahn your "war" thread on another forum mysteriously dissapeared?

EstebanH
03-28-13, 16:53
BTW estabahn your "war" thread on another forum mysteriously dissapeared?The new admin is pretty tough. He is actively shutting down and eliminating threads that get out of hand. The thread got pretty nasty but my basic argument was validated by people with first hand info. Now its easy to flag a thread for the admin to review and he is responding quickly.

Hioctane
04-01-13, 03:22
Back to apartments. Does anyone know of any place with a 2BR in Laureles?

Cm6363
04-11-13, 08:25
could someone kindly recommend the best economic option for one person staying in medellin one or two weeks? my personal requirements are locations that are acceptable to non- or semi-pros, walking distance to the transmilenio (to get downtown during the day) and quiet enough to sleep at night. safety is synonymous with the chica acceptability.

thanks!

p. s. this is a great board, but the first three pages of this hotel and apartment thread was either about **** ladies or fights between posting members. would be great if we got back to staying on point.

World Travel 69
04-12-13, 15:25
the transmilenio is in bogotá.

i am sorry i have not updated the list, but here is the pdf for medellin.

could someone kindly recommend the best economic option for one person staying in medellin one or two weeks? my personal requirements are locations that are acceptable to non- or semi-pros, walking distance to the transmilenio (to get downtown during the day) and quiet enough to sleep at night. safety is synonymous with the chica acceptability.

thanks!

p. s. this is a great board, but the first three pages of this hotel and apartment thread was either about **** ladies or fights between posting members. would be great if we got back to staying on point.

Cm6363
04-12-13, 17:14
The Transmilenio is in Bogotá.

I am sorry I have not updated the List, but here is the PDF for Medellin.Thanks for the response. My bad though. What do they call the elevated rail line in Medellin?

Anyway, looking for recommendations in Medellin, not Bogota. Even just big picture. Is it better to go with apartments or are there hotels that cut deals for longer stays or are there other options?

Thanks again.

TweedleD
04-12-13, 18:31
Thanks for the response. My bad though. What do they call the elevated rail line in Medellin?

Anyway, looking for recommendations in Medellin, not Bogota. Even just big picture. Is it better to go with apartments or are there hotels that cut deals for longer stays or are there other options?

Thanks again.Lots of choices, all budget options, http://www.pobladorentals.com/ http://hotelmedellinplaza.com/ http://www.booking.com/index.html?aid=306742; label=msn-2FF1MGRcna5*JRXpSanD*A https://www.airbnb.com/ http://colombia.en.craigslist.org/ http://www.hostelworld.com/?source=adwordsbrandccc&kid=800001&aid=2&gclid=CLGY6IDUxbYCFaaDQgodA0sAjg

World Travel 69
04-12-13, 21:24
Here is a Map for Medellin.

Thanks for the response. My bad though. What do they call the elevated rail line in Medellin?

Thanks again.

Duke69
04-18-13, 05:44
Great experience renting from Barry. Unit is as represented and Barry has been great to work with. Not sure about his man Rubin. Maybe a great employee but needs to work on his public relation (courtesy) skills. He has not impressed us but he may have other stresses that we are not aware of.

Bbrocs
04-20-13, 01:47
Great experience renting from Barry. Unit is as represented and Barry has been great to work with. Not sure about his man Rubin. Maybe a great employee but needs to work on his public relation (courtesy) skills. He has not impressed us but he may have other stresses that we are not aware of.Well I wish you would have spoken to me first before this, but as you said the apartment was as represented. Rubens job is to meet you there collect the balance on time and give you the keys. Other then that interaction, you really don't need him. I am not sure who you are. I have in our log that there was a noise complaint from the neighbor Tuesday night at almost midnight. If that's the case knowing ruben he called you up and was probably sort of a rough. It's better this then the cops being called or upsetting our only neighbor there until I can buy them out.

With that said if it was something completely different I apologize and just wish you spoke to me on the phone about it and I could have done my best to clear this up because I see your upset and that's not what I want especially when you liked both the apartment and dealing with me the owner.

All the best.

Barry

Yujin
04-20-13, 05:11
Here is a Map for Medellin.The tourism bureau of Medellin has an excellent free and LARGE map of the city. If you like to get out and explore on your own, it's a very detailed map and a nice souvenir to remember the city.

The map can be hard to find. They are suppose to available at tourism kiosks in the city, but whenever I asked in Spanish for a map, I was always told that they were out. At the tourism kiosk at Puebilto Paisa, I decided to ask in English for a map. The woman at first hesitated, she asked me where I was from. After I told her, she reached down under her desk and gave me a map. I guess they don't want to give those maps out to non-tourists. Anyway, I wore that map out. When I left Medellin, I got another map at the tourism desk at the airport (next to the rental car desks). If you want or need a map, the airport is probably the best place to get one.

Vitrea
05-25-13, 20:31
The tourism bureau of Medellin has an excellent free and LARGE map of the city. If you like to get out and explore on your own, it's a very detailed map and a nice souvenir to remember the city.

The map can be hard to find. They are suppose to available at tourism kiosks in the city, but whenever I asked in Spanish for a map, I was always told that they were out. At the tourism kiosk at Puebilto Paisa, I decided to ask in English for a map. The woman at first hesitated, she asked me where I was from. After I told her, she reached down under her desk and gave me a map. I guess they don't want to give those maps out to non-tourists. Anyway, I wore that map out. When I left Medellin, I got another map at the tourism desk at the airport (next to the rental car desks). If you want or need a map, the airport is probably the best place to get one.Thank you for this tip. I did get their free English map at the airport and we found it very useful. The tourism desk is to the left as soon as you exit through the sliding glass doors and they are open late.

Vitrea
05-25-13, 20:39
I forgot to mention one of the highlights of my last trip is this apartment I rented near Parque lleras. It is 4 blocks from the Parque and 1 block from the cool cafes and restaurants on 34th. It is very close but not too close to keep you from getting a good night sleep. Place is spacious, has friendly day and night porteria and obviously is girl friendly. The chicks loved it too :-D. I ran into an expat and during the conversation I told him where I am staying. He knew the place and he said,"oh! That is so and so's place" (intentionally not posting the name here). Well, this so and so has a nice pad and good for him.

http://theapartmentmedellin.com/rentalsearch/v2/apartment-medellin-vegas-de-catay-designer-comfort

Almotu
05-26-13, 14:31
. .

http://theapartmentmedellin.com/rentalsearch/v2/apartment-medellin-vegas-de-catay-designer-comfortWow, that IS very nice. I LOVE the modern decor of most of the Apartment Medellin rentals. They have very good value places if you are traveling with a wingman or two to share the apartment.

Vitrea, did you stay in this 3 bedroom solo? If you are staying in those luxury high rise condos on those lomas be prepared to call taxis to go anywhere.

Vitrea
05-26-13, 16:45
Wow, that IS very nice. I LOVE the modern decor of most of the Apartment Medellin rentals. They have very good value places if you are traveling with a wingman or two to share the apartment.

Vitrea, did you stay in this 3 bedroom solo? If you are staying in those luxury high rise condos on those lomas be prepared to call taxis to go anywhere.I stayed there with one other friend so we did not end up using the 3rd bedroom but that is OK by me. Next time, most likely I will stay solo here.

BTW, I never had to call a taxi. The building is on Calle 7 two blocks east of Clinica Medellin. There are a dexent number of taxis driving by, as you start walking toward Parque Lleras or if you go one block east, across the street is exito express where you can find taxis parked, fill up your fridge or last minute chewing gum or condoms.

CultureShock
06-25-13, 05:46
I have been doing my homework on nightlife, and am looking for a nice place, good value in Medellin that is near the metro route.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/co/ibis-medellan.en-gb.html

I came across the following hotel, modern decor for $50 a night. It's located just south of Barrio Colombia, which is just north of Poblano, before the metro stop for Industriales.

So, my question is has anyone stayed here, and is it possibly chica friendly.

Barrio Colombia is to the place to find the upscale night spots like The Karma and Mia VIP Room. It's also the barrio where the new Liquid Lounge is opening. This hotel seems like it may be within walking distance of Liquid and just 1km from the metro at Industriales.

Any advice from you seasoned travelers?

Bbrocs
06-25-13, 05:52
I have been doing my homework on nightlife, and am looking for a nice place, good value in Medellin that is near the metro route.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/co/ibis-medellan.en-gb.html

I came across the following hotel, modern decor for $50 a night. It's located just south of Barrio Colombia, which is just north of Poblano, before the metro stop for Industriales.

So, my question is has anyone stayed here, and is it possibly chica friendly.

Barrio Colombia is to the place to find the upscale night spots like The Karma and Mia VIP Room. It's also the barrio where the new Liquid Lounge is opening. This hotel seems like it may be within walking distance of Liquid and just 1km from the metro at Industriales.

Any advice from you seasoned travelers?I can recommend hotel Ibis. The rate on booking. Com, is about 43 dollars a night and girl friendly I think, not sure. I had a client staying there and its on my list of places to stay when I am fully booked. I recently took Hotel Trypp over IBIS because booking was offering it for 50 dollars a night. I stay there on the 28th so I don't know much more about it. I do know that fashion week models all get put up in the trypp. What I can tell you that the area around IBIS changes drastically at night for the worse. Lots of weird street walkers come out near there. Just keep your wits about you if your walking to the metro, or barrio Colombia. Had a client staying at the IBIS he showed me photos room is very nice.

Cm6363
06-25-13, 06:23
I can recommend hotel Ibis. The rate on booking. Com, is about 43 dollars a night and girl friendly I think, not sure. I had a client staying there and its on my list of places to stay when I am fully booked. I recently took Hotel Trypp over IBIS because booking was offering it for 50 dollars a night. I stay there on the 28th so I don't know much more about it. I do know that fashion week models all get put up in the trypp. What I can tell you that the area around IBIS changes drastically at night for the worse. Lots of weird street walkers come out near there. Just keep your wits about you if your walking to the metro, or barrio Colombia. Had a client staying at the IBIS he showed me photos room is very nice.Where else will you find a proprietor that has quality accommodations AND provide excellent info and insight to clients and non-clients alike? While Bbrocs acknowledges he suggest the Ibis for his overflow, he realizes he is giving out info that might cost him a little business. Still he wants to help. How upstanding is that?

If you're looking for accommodations, Poblado is the way to go and Bbrocs will shoot you straight every time!

RacShack
06-25-13, 21:29
Where else will you find a proprietor that has quality accommodations AND provide excellent info and insight to clients and non-clients alike? While Bbrocs acknowledges he suggest the Ibis for his overflow, he realizes he is giving out info that might cost him a little business. Still he wants to help. How upstanding is that?

If you're looking for accommodations, Poblado is the way to go and Bbrocs will shoot you straight every time!Hi,

I was wondering about this apt, will be solo, is the locationg good fopr firstv time to Medellin? Proventa life 301, is it safe building and so on? Any and all info would be great!

Bbrocs
06-26-13, 04:15
Hi, was wondering about this apt, will be solo, is the locationg good fopr firstv time to Medellin? Proventa life 301, is it safe building and so on? Any and all info would be great!It's a safe building, you will be very happy here. For the dates you told me for July 4 and such grab it. Honestly the town is almost sold out of apartments from June 28 to July 8th I don't know of anything open for apartments.

We just re-did the living room in our Laureles house. Again the house has no neighbors. You can play music loud have girls over no issue. The price is 30 dollars a night based on 4 staying there and 40 a night each based on 3. Across from exito, so you got supplies. Bus is across the street to central. We have a night time guard. There is a bar under house open till 10am. You can have your coffee there and watch people go by. It's our answer to where we can throw a party, or bachelor party. Keep in mind that girls coming here there taxi's are cheaper then poblado mostly. New photos be ready in a day or so construction in apt 8 finished today.

Thanks for the kind words, all I appreciate it.

PeterSmith
06-27-13, 04:45
Besides the Holiday Inn, are there any other very nice hotels. 3 or 4 stars, that are chica friendly. I have heard that Hotel Torre Poblado is an option but they will not respond to any emails and their website does not work in making a reservation. Not a good sign.

I do understand that it is necessary to sign up for 2 guests even if the chica will only be in the room for an hour or so.

I do not want to rent an apartment. I just want some names of very good hotels to stay.

Bbrocs
06-27-13, 17:43
Besides the Holiday Inn, are there any other very nice hotels. 3 or 4 stars, that are chica friendly. I have heard that Hotel Torre Poblado is an option but they will not respond to any emails and their website does not work in making a reservation. Not a good sign.

I do understand that it is necessary to sign up for 2 guests even if the chica will only be in the room for an hour or so.

I do not want to rent an apartment. I just want some names of very good hotels to stay-

Hey Peter, Hotel Torre is a great option. Your right you can never get them on phone or email. When I am booked I usually walk into lobby and talk to them directly. The other option is to pick them off on booking. Com when they lower the rates. I seen there rate all over the place from 49 dollars a night to 85-90. Another great option is that torre poblado advertises on Groupon. They recently had a Medellin groupon for 50, 000 pesos unbelievable 26 dollars a night. You have to buy two nights min but probably best deal ever.

The signing up of female guests are for your and there protection. They are also ordered by law to record all guests coming in to the property. If she robs you they have her cedula information.

Besides that hotel, hotel trypp under 55 dollars a night, hotel ibis at 45 a night, lincoln at 46 dollars a night. I love the lincoln.

Bbrocs
07-03-13, 04:08
In the spirit of competition we would like to offer our laureles house to mongers.

We can house 4 guys and would like to drop it to a $100 a night creating a $25 / night per guy. If you need help with the women, we will put you in contact on facebook and you can seek out the one you like, just as the mansion does for there clients but at half the price.

Unlike them we have no residential neighbors, we have a supermarket across the street, ATM and a bar down stairs.

We have no T-shirts for sale, and everything I touch doesn't turn to gold.

Thank You.

Bbrocs

Pipe1977
07-03-13, 20:43
In the spirit of competition we would like to offer our laureles house to mongers.

We can house 4 guys and would like to drop it to a $100 a night creating a $25 / night per guy. If you need help with the women, we will put you in contact on facebook and you can seek out the one you like, just as the mansion does for there clients but at half the price.

Unlike them we have no residential neighbors, we have a supermarket across the street, ATM and a bar down stairs.

We have no T-shirts for sale, and everything I touch doesn't turn to gold.

Thank You.

BbrocsDo you have a website? How do you reserve a room?

Bbrocs
07-04-13, 01:04
Do you have a website? How do you reserve a room?We rent the entire apartment, not just a room, maybe I was not clear.
send me PM I will send you the site I tried to PM you and was not able.

Infamous Man
07-08-13, 19:09
So I been traveling to DR & I think it's time to switch things up.

Thinking MDE for July 18-22.

As a rookie where do you suggest staying.

Do you recommend getting a rental.

I like to travel all around.

Prices for girls among the average

Anyone know a good dentist.

Just want to pamper myself get a good cleaning.

Member #3060
08-11-13, 23:50
Has anyone here had experiencing bringing girls back to Hostel's or guesthouses? I would need to get a private room in a hostel obviously. I've always stayed in hotels while I'm out mongering but I'm trying to stick to a budget of 200K COP per day. I'll be in Colombia for 30 days so I need to watch my spending. I was reading through this forum and saw that a member posted several URLs included one for hostelworld. Com and airbnb. Com which looks like it lists mostly guestrooms in peoples apartments and houses. I've never considered these options. I'm just wondering if anyone else here has tried this.

Thanks

JoeInDsm
08-27-13, 21:58
Have had problems in the past and know that it can be tough finding a place for a foreigner in Medellin. The agency linked below will work with foreigners to find a place. They require a prepay of a few month's rent and a refundable 'insurance' premium but the rentals are priced at local rates and not the 'gringo' rates found on other sites.

I receive no commission and have no affiliation with the agency, just passing it on for information.

http://www.colombianrealty.com/

Bbrocs
10-05-13, 18:47
Hey I am here at hotel IBIS for 2 nights. Here's my thoughts. Nothing is cheaper on booking dot com it's 39 dollars a night. The room itself is tiny. But it's workable. The bed is comfortable, tv is a Samsung 32 flat, AC works 2 well. Views out window are ok. Area is near industrials station. Close to Barrio Colombia. Bathroom looks to much like hospital bathroom but still very nice with glass shower. I think it's not a problem to bring a chica back. The girls at front desk seemed totally disinterested. There is no free breakfast. Request multiple wifi passwords if you have more then one device. Room has safe. I think the worst thing is the room is just to small. I had to push my suitcase sideways by the bed.

Cm6363
10-05-13, 20:04
Hey I am here at hotel IBIS for 2 nights. Here's my thoughts. Nothing is cheaper on booking dot com it's 39 dollars a night. The room itself is tiny. But it's workable. The bed is comfortable, tv is a Samsung 32 flat, AC works 2 well. Views out window are ok. Area is near industrials station. Close to Barrio Colombia. Bathroom looks to much like hospital bathroom but still very nice with glass shower. I think it's not a problem to bring a chica back. The girls at front desk seemed totally disinterested. There is no free breakfast. Request multiple wifi passwords if you have more then one device. Room has safe. I think the worst thing is the room is just to small. I had to push my suitcase sideways by the bed.Bbrocs provides a hotel report when he himself rents out rooms. Awesome guy. His rentals are terrific if you prefer something right in the heart of the action and his multiple bedroom apartments are great for groups of people.

Bbrocs, how far is the Ibis from the Metro?

Bbrocs
10-05-13, 21:52
Bbrocs provides a hotel report when he himself rents out rooms. Awesome guy. His rentals are terrific if you prefer something right in the heart of the action and his multiple bedroom apartments are great for groups of people.

Bbrocs, how far is the Ibis from the Metro?It's 5 blocks I just walked it to see. Out the hotel door make a right on corner you run right into the metro.

TellAll
10-06-13, 00:49
Stayed there my last trip to Medellin. Yes the rooms are small but relatively new hotel. With the metro everything is just a train ride away. Prefer those rooms to the hotels in Mayorista.

You don't have a fridge but you can get a cooler with ice at the bar.

Didn't have a problem getting a woman to my room. She has to be with you because you need the room key card to get up the elevator.

Probably don't want to bring one through the lobby looking like Super Ho'.

Bbrocs
10-13-13, 16:58
Hi all I'm sold out so I trying another under $60 / night hotel with AC. This hotel owns three in the provenza area of poblado. For those in the know. It's just one of the nicest areas of poblado. A few blocks above Lleras. Restaurants and coffee shops and bars are all brand new here. The hotel is next to MU rib joint and the new Bogota Beer Factory. The room is small but well appointed. Nice flat screen on wall where I can plug I my roku box and computer. Here's what I like. Best wifi of all places I stayed. No need to relog on again and again. It's per floor and I'm streaming movies before bed. It has a safe but no fridge. It has the best free breakfast out of all places I stayed in long time and the two days I been here it's been different.

Cons: no elevator. I dragged my suitcase up two flights. I'm not sure if it's chica friendly. The front desk seems kind of nosey. I would surely ask.

Booked it on booking dot com. After tax it was $62 a night. 3 blocks from park Lleras.

Hioctane
10-14-13, 07:32
There were reports in the past that it was chica friendly. It is no longer the case. I was in MDE for 2 days so couldn't rent an apartment. Decided to stay here because the price was right. Free with Starwood points. Only 3000 to boot. Anyways, I registered for 2 online (but did not register anyone when I registered). At night, they wanted me to pay 230k for an additional person! WTF? I took her to a love motel close by for 80k. Next day, I thought. Maybe it's ok to bring a guest for an hour. Nope. 230k too. They said I had to register her when I registered amd she had to stay the whole time. The hotel is nice and clean but don't bring anyone back if you stay here.

Bbrocs
10-14-13, 14:35
There were reports in the past that it was chica friendly. It is no longer the case. I was in MDE for 2 days so couldn't rent an apartment. Decided to stay here because the price was right. Free with Starwood points. Only 3000 to boot. Anyways, I registered for 2 online (but did not register anyone when I registered). At night, they wanted me to pay 230k for an additional person! WTF? I took her to a love motel close by for 80k. Next day, I thought. Maybe it's ok to bring a guest for an hour. Nope. 230k too. They said I had to register her when I registered amd she had to stay the whole time. The hotel is nice and clean but don't bring anyone back if you stay here.That's crazy. I heard it was friendly hotel. I get clients who love to stay at charlee. But I think and not sure fee is around 180, 000 to bring a person back. Again not sure exact fee. So I get guys that rent a studio from me which is around corner. One to stay and one to play.

Ricardo Torres
10-14-13, 14:46
That's crazy. I heard it was friendly hotel. I get clients who love to stay at charlee. But I think and not sure fee is around 180, 000 to bring a person back. Again not sure exact fee. So I get guys that rent a studio from me which is around corner. One to stay and one to play.I would verify Bbrocs because Hioctane likes to mislead others here on the forum by posting inaccurate information from time to time, as he just did in a post on the Cartagena thread about it being easy to find english speaking Colombianas in LDV. Possibly next week when I arrive in Medellin I will check it out and post the real deal if you have not done so. I will be there only for 4 days on a business trip, but if I am in the area I will definitely verify.

Questner
10-15-13, 03:46
There were reports in the past that it was chica friendly. It is no longer the case. I was in MDE for 2 days so couldn't rent an apartment. Decided to stay here because the price was right. Free with Starwood points. Only 3000 to boot. Anyways, I registered for 2 online (but did not register anyone when I registered). At night, they wanted me to pay 230k for an additional person! WTF? I took her to a love motel close by for 80k. Next day, I thought. Maybe it's ok to bring a guest for an hour. Nope. 230k too. They said I had to register her when I registered amd she had to stay the whole time. The hotel is nice and clean but don't bring anyone back if you stay here.Here is my guess only. This hotel accommodates up to 2 adults (adults = guests) per room. An 'ID' must be presented at check-in. Rates are the same for 1 adult or 2 adults. Then there is no way to add an adult or guest for that room. However I find it extremely unlikely that they may refuse a visitor, not a lodging guest, during the day time. Please elaborate on it. Also given the fact of 1-2 nights stay, one may actually solicit a girl and then check in with her at night for one night, only to make the point of it.

Hioctane
10-15-13, 06:28
Here is my guess only. This hotel accommodates up to 2 adults (adults = guests) per room. An 'ID' must be presented at check-in. Rates are the same for 1 adult or 2 adults. Then there is no way to add an adult or guest for that room. However I find it extremely unlikely that they may refuse a visitor, not a lodging guest, during the day time. Please elaborate on it. Also given the fact of 1-2 nights stay, one may actually solicit a girl and then check in with her at night for one night, only to make the point of it.The hotel might accomodate up to 4 and yes, I believe the rates are the same regardless of how many. However, they all must checkin with you when you check in. There is an "additional person" form (in english) they make you fill out that state that there is an additional 230k charge. They tried to make me fill it out even during the day!

Hioctane
10-15-13, 06:43
That's crazy. I heard it was friendly hotel. I get clients who love to stay at charlee. But I think and not sure fee is around 180, 000 to bring a person back. Again not sure exact fee. So I get guys that rent a studio from me which is around corner. One to stay and one to play.If you consider, a 230k fee "friendly" (which is almost the price of the room!) then I guess it's friendly. When hotels have such high chicas fees it means they are not interested in that type of clientele.

I would have loved to have rented your studio but 1. I don't think you rent less than 3 nights. 2. Everything was booked a month in advance.

Gimmedub
10-15-13, 13:49
Really? I've never had that problem in the past. Maybe a year ago or so. Never an issue with the temp g / f.

Here is my guess only. This hotel accommodates up to 2 adults (adults = guests) per room. An 'ID' must be presented at check-in. Rates are the same for 1 adult or 2 adults. Then there is no way to add an adult or guest for that room. However I find it extremely unlikely that they may refuse a visitor, not a lodging guest, during the day time. Please elaborate on it. Also given the fact of 1-2 nights stay, one may actually solicit a girl and then check in with her at night for one night, only to make the point of it.

Questner
10-16-13, 05:17
The only lesson is to stay in hotels where one is comfortable to pay for a separate room for a girl (habitacion sencilla) and where there is a difference between single and double occupancy (habitacion doble)

Nabru
10-17-13, 05:54
There were reports in the past that it was chica friendly. It is no longer the case. I was in MDE for 2 days so couldn't rent an apartment. Decided to stay here because the price was right. Free with Starwood points. Only 3000 to boot. Anyways, I registered for 2 online (but did not register anyone when I registered). At night, they wanted me to pay 230k for an additional person! WTF? I took her to a love motel close by for 80k. Next day, I thought. Maybe it's ok to bring a guest for an hour. Nope. 230k too. They said I had to register her when I registered amd she had to stay the whole time. The hotel is nice and clean but don't bring anyone back if you stay here.Could be what the night staff thinks they can get away with. I stayed there for two nights earlier this year. I brought a girl back who was so programmed to go to the front desk with her cedula that she didn't just walk with me to the elevator. They said it would be 100k. I said the same thing that I had registered for 2 guests and this is my 2nd. I was drunk and stubborn enough that I wasn't budging and they eventually dropped the charge but added her name to my reservation.

Hioctane
10-19-13, 23:17
Could be what the night staff thinks they can get away with. I stayed there for two nights earlier this year. I brought a girl back who was so programmed to go to the front desk with her cedula that she didn't just walk with me to the elevator. They said it would be 100k. I said the same thing that I had registered for 2 guests and this is my 2nd. I was drunk and stubborn enough that I wasn't budging and they eventually dropped the charge but added her name to my reservation.I usually try to head straight for the elevators. The doorman chased us down. I argued with the guy at reception for a good half hour and then he called the manager. He would not budge. Funny thing is I remember staying there late last year and I brought a girl back in the afternoon with no problems. This time I tried late at night and early morning (same shift). If anyone wants to try again, pleast post back!

RacShack
10-24-13, 11:19
Does anybody know if this new hotel is girl friendly? Stayed at Art hotel last trip never had a problem with bring girls in for no charge, this new hotel Le Park is right around coner from Art hotel, was just geting finished up last time I was their, looked nice all room have balconys and I think full kitchens! Any info would be great.

Thanks

YG365
10-25-13, 03:32
Hey guys,

Tried searching for info but didn't find much on this hotel. I was wondering if it's Girl Friendly? Anyone have any thoughts or reviews on it? I know it's near the Hard Rock and Mansion.

Thanks,

YG

YG365
10-25-13, 03:40
Hey fellas,

Sorry to bug you guys again. Making my first trip to Colombia and curious if Hotel Boutique Florencia Plaza is Girl Friendly? Tried searching with no luck here. Th location seems pretty good.

Any thoughts?

YG

TweedleD
10-26-13, 07:48
Hey fellas,

Sorry to bug you guys again. Making my first trip to Colombia and curious if Hotel Boutique Florencia Plaza is Girl Friendly? Tried searching with no luck here. Th location seems pretty good.

Any thoughts?

YGI don't know if they are girl friendly, But for a sure thing, in the same area, for about the same price, I'd check availability at http://www.pobladorentals.com/ Or http://www.pobladosuites.com/rates.html

SlamCity7777
10-27-13, 15:36
Hey fellas,

Any thoughts?

YGI'd just ask if I were you. Don't say "I'm going to bring hookers to my room is that ok" LOL but phrase it all inocent like. I will have friends visiting is is ok that we watch Futbol in my room? Or going to have a few beers, ect. If you want to split the middle I'd just ask what their guess policy was. In Bogota it was 2 hours and she had to show ID but I stayed at this one hotel so often they just let me and my guest in. I'd also warn the door guy to make sure I was with the girl on the way down. Just in case.

Nclpimp
10-29-13, 20:48
Any info on that hotel? Rates look great. Close to el parque and looks nice from the pics. Just not sure about chica friendly. Anyone stayed there and can confirm how tolerant they are?

Nclpimp
10-30-13, 20:55
Any info on that hotel? Rates look great. Close to el parque and looks nice from the pics. Just not sure about chica friendly. Anyone stayed there and can confirm how tolerant they are?Just in case anyone else needs this. I emailed them and they said I can bring a guest at a fee of 40k COP. It includes breakfast for the guest. So its not chica friendly I guess. Anyone else have a hotel near parque lleras girl friendly about $70 USD nightly.

Bbrocs
10-30-13, 21:00
Just in case anyone else needs this. I emailed them and they said I can bring a guest at a fee of 40k COP. It includes breakfast for the guest. So its not chica friendly I guess. Anyone else have a hotel near parque lleras girl friendly about $70 USD nightly.I own 2 hotel rooms inside park Lleras hotel, AC, kitchen, big tv, wifi, washer dryer, one has a hot tub. No problems bringing anyone in. Pm me if interested.

Bigstud
10-31-13, 08:17
I don't know if they are girl friendly, But for a sure thing, in the same area, for about the same price, I'd check availability at.

http://www.pobladorentals.com/

Or.

http://www.pobladosuites.com/rates.htmlThanks for this suggestion TweedleD! Poblado Suites looks like a great set-up, especially the NY suite. Have any bros stayed in this establishment? I'd like to give it a try when I'm in Medellin next year. Thanks for any further intel on this place.

YG365
10-31-13, 12:24
I don't know if they are girl friendly, But for a sure thing, in the same area, for about the same price, I'd check availability at.

http://www.pobladorentals.com/

Or.

http://www.pobladosuites.com/rates.htmlThanks TweedleD. Much appreciated bro!

ReadyFun2006
11-01-13, 21:27
Anyone know if the Holiday Inn Express at LaStrada is girl friendly?

Hanshin Baka
11-02-13, 15:14
Anyone know if the Holiday Inn Express at LaStrada is girl friendly?If you book for 2 people and only bring 1 girl back to your room, but they will register her. If you don't book for 2, thet are not.

Jonesie
11-04-13, 17:16
I've stayed here a couple times when the Mansion is sold out or just plain get's tired of me.

Roughly $60 with a good breakfast and a crappy dinner. $75 for junior suite. Rooms are plush with fast internet. Girl friendly. She registers at the desk, but there's no charge. The last one I called over, they called me from the desk, I told them to send her up, and boom, she was knocking on the door. Not sure what they think of threesomes.

http://www.hotelesestelar.com/en/destinos/colombia/medellin/blue

JuvenRoss
11-15-13, 21:38
I own 2 hotel rooms inside park Lleras hotel, AC, kitchen, big tv, wifi, washer dryer, one has a hot tub. No problems bringing anyone in. Pm me if interested.I am interested for the Thanksgiving weekend. I am new and do not believe I can PM. Can you let me know on this forum?

Bbrocs
11-18-13, 22:38
I am interested for the Thanksgiving weekend. I am new and do not believe I can PM. Can you let me know on this forum?Hi juven it's against Jackson's rules to give a email address on the forum. I want to comply. Why not just become a paid member here and PM. Tweedle D listed my website first. You can contact me directly there

Thanks for understanding

MikeReal
11-20-13, 09:44
Hello,

Coming to Medellin soon. Advise the beautiful, safe and chika friendly area for renting an apartment, please.

SlamCity7777
11-20-13, 18:31
Hello,

Coming to Medellin soon. Advise the beautiful, safe and chika friendly area for renting an apartment, please.Thank you Real Mike for posting this in the right area! It's a personal peve of mine when info is in the wrong spot! LOL.

Pay Jackson his 20$ an PM Bbrocs. He's your guy for dope places to stay. Poblado is where you want to be.

Shamester
11-27-13, 01:36
What are the best girl friendly hotels in the Mayorsita area?

Thank you

Almotu
11-27-13, 16:36
What are the best girl friendly hotels in the Mayorsita area?

Thank youThey all are, the nicer ones along the side street. Cra 50A are quite good. They are used to being used as short time rooms so unless you are bring more than one girl at a time there is no extra charge. Prices range from 50k to 70k per night. There are plenty of supermarkets inside the Central Mayorista wholesale market across the road. Ayura metro station is a 10 min walk away.

Shamester
11-27-13, 18:46
They all are, the nicer ones along the side street. Cra 50A are quite good. They are used to being used as short time rooms so unless you are bring more than one girl at a time there is no extra charge. Prices range from 50k to 70k per night. There are plenty of supermarkets inside the Central Mayorista wholesale market across the road. Ayura metro station is a 10 min walk away.Thanks for the reply. I am interested in finding a safe hotel staying for about one week. Uninterested with the short term places since security is an issue.

Jack4765
11-27-13, 21:27
They all are, the nicer ones along the side street. Cra 50A are quite good. They are used to being used as short time rooms so unless you are bring more than one girl at a time there is no extra charge. Prices range from 50k to 70k per night. There are plenty of supermarkets inside the Central Mayorista wholesale market across the road. Ayura metro station is a 10 min walk away.I just stayed 10 days in the Mayorista section. On the corner of Cra 50 and the strip there is a hotel above the Casino that has recently been remodeled.

The front, corner rooms are good sized. 31,000 COP per night. Manager speaks fluent Ingles.

Sorry, the name escapes me.

Questner
11-28-13, 05:26
I just stayed 10 days in the Mayorista section. On the corner of Cra 50 and the strip there is a hotel above the Casino that has recently been remodeled.

The front, corner rooms are good sized. 31, 000 COP per night. Manager speaks fluent Ingles.

Sorry, the name escapes me.However, it has not escaped us,

Hotel Marco Delicias, Calle 85 No 50A-13, Barrio Santa María (Itagüí)

MikeReal
12-04-13, 12:49
Hello,

Looking for a luxurious apartment or a penthouse in El Poblado. From 18th January till 2nd February.

Swimming pool, gym and security is necessary.

Write in PM please.

Sound7
12-04-13, 16:31
Due to over booking in Poblado and Colombian business custom of room rate for double occupancy Sun thru Thursday I ended up near Metro Estadios station. Lots of bars and dancing places. Does anyone know of other action?

This is more like a budget hotel with no safe.

Hello,

Looking for a luxurious apartment or a penthouse in El Poblado. From 18th January till 2nd February.

Swimming pool, gym and security is necessary.

Write in PM please.

Shamester
12-11-13, 00:18
However, it has not escaped us,

Hotel Marco Delicias, Calle 85 No 50A-13, Barrio Santa María (Itagüí) Thanks. I found 2 places:

http://www.hotelalcaravan.com/habitaciones.html

http://www.hotelcentralplazamedellin.com

Jack4765
12-11-13, 22:05
Thanks. I found 2 places:

http://www.hotelalcaravan.com/habitaciones.html

http://www.hotelcentralplazamedellin.comI've stayed at both. Hotel Alcaravan has small rooms with really small bathrooms (unless you want to pay more for a 2 or 3 cama room and the BRs are still really small). The hotel is kept really clean.

Central plaza. I stayed only 2 nights as the girls were complaining it was to long a walk from the strip. Also nice and clean.

Granted both stays were a couple of years ago but I don't see things changing all that much.

Bbrocs
01-13-14, 00:04
Hello, I recently got to stay at San Fernando plaza hotel. Here's my two cents. I needed a place to stay for 1 night. Came across this online and normal price was always over 100 and that's not for me. But last minute $79 dollars online with pool and on my bucket list of places to stay I bit.

Place is a wonderful, location, staff, room, direct TV, best buffet breakfast free I ever seen. The pool kicks serious ass. Right down escalator is food court. And there's one of the best Mexican restaurants in all of Medellin.

My three cons. TV in room in a weird corner spot and needs to be bigger. Two the WiFi. Don't log mne out every time my device goes to sleep. I absolutely hate that. Why do they do this what are they saving on? Three enter your key in elevator every time. Not always wanted to work. This place is girl friendly. Just meet them at elevator and go up. Register for two. If it isn't or there is a fee I am sorry I didn't get 1.

Location. Golden mile on avenue poblado.

Concarne
01-16-14, 09:44
Does anyone know any apartments for rent near or at Mayorista? I stayed at Franks place before but apparently that is no longer an option.

Thanks for the info.

Archimedes
01-28-14, 22:37
When my Medellin apartment was not available till the next day, I spent one night at the Hotel Diez (calle 10 #34) in El Poblado. I made an online reservation for one room with double occupancy. They did not object to my registering my girl an hour after I arrived and checked in. Of course, she was well-dressed and very gracious, which may have had something to do with it.

The room was! 58.000 COP including breakfast.

Does this mean other upper-end hotels in Medellin follow the same policy. So that you could check in then register a chica hours later? By extension, if you stayed a week and made a separate reservation for each night, could you have a different chica each night?

Archimedes

Vegas Jeff
01-29-14, 01:16
Does this mean other upper-end hotels in Medellin follow the same policy. So that you could check in then register a chica hours later? By extension, if you stayed a week and made a separate reservation for each night, could you have a different chica each night?

ArchimedesDon't count on it. They certainly would not tolerate this. Your best bet is to have a talk with the boss. Explain your situation and ask him if he can waive the fee or give you a discount.

Vegas Jeff
01-29-14, 01:33
http://www.hotelcabodelavela.com/

http://www.hotelcabodelavela.com/habitaciones.html

I recently stayed here for 4 nights while looking for an apartment.

I stayed in the Especial / Doble room with a small kitchen. 4 night discounted rate 107k per night. Normally 132k per night. Breakfast included.

Chica fee 35k per day. I pulled the boss aside and explained that my girlfriend would be the only person visiting me. He told me that he would charge me a one time fee 20k and she could come as often as she liked.

This hotel is located a half block from Mondongos on Avenida 70 and 3 blocks from UPB University.

Hioctane
01-29-14, 18:16
When my Medellin apartment was not available till the next day, I spent one night at the Hotel Diez (calle 10 #34) in El Poblado. I made an online reservation for one room with double occupancy. They did not object to my registering my girl an hour after I arrived and checked in. Of course, she was well-dressed and very gracious, which may have had something to do with it.

The room was! 58. 000 COP including breakfast.

ArchimedesThe whole point of guest fees and high guest fees especially at upper end hotels is that they do not want to cater to the prepago crowd. Rich Colombian families stay there and they don't want to see some old guy with their prepago. Your best bet is to make clear what you are planning to do.

Nclpimp
02-22-14, 11:06
I've stayed at barry's (poblado rentals) before and like the set up but would like a different area now. Maybe laureles or estadio near la 70 for a one bedroom. Any recomendatiosn would be great. Apartments are my pref but a nice girl friendly hotel might work. Space is normally bigger in an apartment.

Kukulkan
02-22-14, 16:40
I've stayed at barry's (poblado rentals) before and like the set up but would like a different area now. Maybe laureles or estadio near la 70 for a one bedroom. Any recomendatiosn would be great. Apartments are my pref but a nice girl friendly hotel might work. Space is normally bigger in an apartment.Hi Nclpimp,

Your best bet will be http://www.hotelfloridamedellin.com/?/site/home

About 105,000. 00 for 2 persons.

My two Colombian Pesos.

Kukulkan

BrianLajd
03-04-14, 17:20
Brand new hotel. Screaming cheap rate so I booked it. Anyone had any chica experiences here?

MiamiSammy
03-12-14, 12:21
I just returned from spending nine days at the Hotel Calle Real- I can't begin to express my thanks for the warmth and generosity of the staff. The Hotel is perfectly situated for the budget or business traveler who wants to really get a feel for the real Medellin. It's also perfect for mongers. Tucked away half a block from Iglesia de la Veracruz, one of the main points in El Centro for street girls. You'll find girls on the west side of the street (church side) starting at the corner of Calle 51, all the way down the block ($10). The Botero horse at the end of the block is a post for some really young prepagos, and there will be a few around the corner. The block directly west of the church is all love hotels and bars, with girls working 24/7 ($15-20). Beware- it is very dangerous at night. If you choose to go there, take the taxi right to the door, then have one pick you up. There is one strip club on the corner- the bouncer there will take care of you and get you a taxi when you're ready to go. For the more upscale girls, El Conejo strip club is adjacent across the street from the Botero Plaza ($30). There's also several more clubs another block north and two blocks east. One of the senior members (I will post the credit as soon as I remember who did the work) prepared a great map. To locate Calle Real, go to the Parque Barrio Metro Station and go half a block east on Calle 51.

Three great restaurants are within a block as well, El Covacho (which takes credit cards, $8-15) on the second floor above the Botero Plaza Pasteleria; Lenore No. 2, a great all around Colombian chicken and whatnot restaurant with wonderful staff halfway down the block toward the Museum on the same side of the mall ($3-8) ; and Giovindas, a wonderful vegetarian buffeteria run by the Hare Krishnas, located on the second floor directly across the street from Iglesia Veracruz (adjacent to the pasteleria- daily special includes entree, salad, juice dessert, side and bread for $4 it rocked). Back to the hotel. The staff, especially Sña Mayra and Sr. Mauritio were helpful, incredibly friendly and always quick to laugh. Rooms were meticulously clean (though spartan). The main desk keeps constant surveillance in the halls and main entrances, So there's an extra feeling of security. This is a downtown area in a major city, and as with all cities it changes character after the business crowd leaves, generally by eight.

Members- feel free to contact me for more info. I'm far more concerned about passing on information than I am showing everyone what a badass senior member I am- unlike a few of my less-enlightened fellow mongers.

PeterSmith
03-15-14, 07:45
I am not interested in an apartment. I am looking for an upscale hotel in Poblado that does not have a chica fee. From my experiences in Bogota, the fanciest hotels allow guests for free as long as they have an I'd. Does anyone know of similar places in Medellin / Poblado area.

Respect649
03-18-14, 01:56
Hey MiamiSammy,

Nice post. Thanks. My first time, first post and just subscribed.

One question if you could answer.

I plan on going to Medellin end of this month,

Never been there before.

I read about this Art hotel which sounds like its in the same area you described.

Is that the case? How far is it from the place you mentioned? And I doubt you would know but any clue if it's GF friendly?

Thanks a lot! To you and all other members!

Cursnoop
03-28-14, 23:19
I'm planning to hit Bogota Medellin in near future. I was checking hotels and found Charlee Hotel which is an upscale hotel in Medellin. I found out that they do charge a multa for extra person so that is going to be a no no. Anybody knows any other cool spot bachelor pad.

MiamiSammy
03-29-14, 01:06
Hey MiamiSammy,

Nice post. Thanks. My first time, first post and just subscribed.

One question if you could answer.

I plan on going to Medellin end of this month,

Never been there before.

I read about this Art hotel which sounds like its in the same area you described.

Is that the case? How far is it from the place you mentioned? And I doubt you would know but any clue if it's GF friendly?

Thanks a lot! To you and all other members!Sorry, just got your post. Not sure about the Art hotel, but someone posted on the Medellin thread about a cool place. There's a pic also- his name is Black something. Have fun!

TweedleD
03-29-14, 01:09
I'm planning to hit Bogota Medellin in near future. I was checking hotels and found charlee hotel which is an upscale hotel in Medellin. I found out that they do charge a multa for extra person so that is going to be a no no. Anybody knows any other cool spot bachelor pad.My last 8 trips, I've always stayed at "Poblado Rentals" apts. Quality, location, price, and really easy to deal with the manager and owner, Its a slam dunk. www.pobladorentals.com

Orgasmico
03-31-14, 02:59
Hi all I'm sold out so I trying another under $60 / night hotel with AC. This hotel owns three in the provenza area of poblado. For those in the know. It's just one of the nicest areas of poblado. A few blocks above Lleras. Restaurants and coffee shops and bars are all brand new here. The hotel is next to MU rib joint and the new Bogota Beer Factory. The room is small but well appointed. Nice flat screen on wall where I can plug I my roku box and computer. Here's what I like. Best wifi of all places I stayed. No need to relog on again and again. It's per floor and I'm streaming movies before bed. It has a safe but no fridge. It has the best free breakfast out of all places I stayed in long time and the two days I been here it's been different.

Cons: no elevator. I dragged my suitcase up two flights. I'm not sure if it's chica friendly. The front desk seems kind of nosey. I would surely ask.

Booked it on booking dot com. After tax it was $62 a night. 3 blocks from park Lleras.Is this place chica friendly with no fee?

Bbrocs
03-31-14, 03:19
Is this place chica friendly with no fee?Orgasmico in my review I said I didn't know. Call or email them and find out.

If you register for two whats the fee to bring my different girlfriends back. I get that they do free breakfast.

And there is a cost for a extra person.

Bbrocs
03-31-14, 03:22
My last 8 trips, I've always stayed at "Poblado Rentals" apts. Quality, location, price, and really easy to deal with the manager and owner, Its a slam dunk.

www.pobladorentals.comIt should be stated that tweedle D and I are friends. He stayed with us when I first starting out and has always stayed where ever I am staying. He is our resident expert on Maricabo.

BB

TweedleD
03-31-14, 07:17
It should be stated that tweedle D and I are friends. He stayed with us when I first starting out and has always stayed where ever I am staying. He is our resident expert on Maricabo.

BBOk. You're right! I am biased, but your places don't suck

Bbrocs
03-31-14, 07:42
Ok. You're right! I am biased, but your places don't suckBut I do know if we sucked you would call me out on it. I seen your round and rounds with Gregg.

RacShack
03-31-14, 08:28
Sorry if late I stayed at Art hotel 2 times both time no jam up at all, nice hotel I think around 90-100 a night, free breakfast, location for me was perfect. 1 block from park, no taxes if you say your a tourist, not many working girls in park l, but nice to hang out before heading out for the night, I was going to Isis's or the girls strip club, lot a hot chicks their I think 175k with room, would do the tour every night, their, f, dose, San Diago, got one girl from f, dose the whole time, hot chick from Bogota, still talk to her, loved the south beach huts next door, but other then that did not really care for the club, went to San Diago several times never got a a good feel for the place, couple of problems at front door and so on, but good late night hot dogs out front, if had more time was almost in with one of the very very hot help at the Hooters in the park, I will stay at art hotel again, no problem, girl from f dose would come over, daytime, nighttime never a jam up, a new hotel right around Conner from art hotel le parc, looks nice with balconys any info on that hotel? And oh by the way Charllee hotel way over rated, I would stay away at all costs.

Bbrocs
03-31-14, 14:49
Sorry if late I stayed at Art hotel 2 times both time no jam up at all, nice hotel I think around 90-100 a night, free breakfast, location for me was perfect. 1 block from park, no taxes if you say your a tourist, not many working girls in park l, but nice to hang out before heading out for the night, I was going to Isis's or the girls strip club, lot a hot chicks their I think 175k with room, would do the tour every night, their, f, dose, San Diago, got one girl from f, dose the whole time, hot chick from Bogota, still talk to her, loved the south beach huts next door, but other then that did not really care for the club, went to San Diago several times never got a a good feel for the place, couple of problems at front door and so on, but good late night hot dogs out front, if had more time was almost in with one of the very very hot help at the Hooters in the park, I will stay at art hotel again, no problem, girl from f dose would come over, daytime, nighttime never a jam up, a new hotel right around Conner from art hotel le parc, looks nice with balconys any info on that hotel? And oh by the way Charllee hotel way over rated, I would stay away at all costs.My buddies both stayed at Le Parc, booking dot com got them a room there for $79 plus tax. They said it was chica friendly. The room was very nice like a studio apartment. Location can't be beat. There negatives were this, no pool, for a place with a kitchen in it it was missing not enough glassware and cooking utensils such as pots, pans, etc. Overall a great value since the next store art hotel is a $100 / night

RacShack
03-31-14, 23:24
My buddies both stayed at Le Parc, booking dot com got them a room there for $79 plus tax. They said it was chica friendly. The room was very nice like a studio apartment. Location can't be beat. There negatives were this, no pool, for a place with a kitchen in it it was missing not enough glassware and cooking utensils such as pots, pans, etc. Overall a great value since the next store art hotel is a $100 / nightHeard Le Parc, charges to bring girls back, is that true?

Cbear13
04-14-14, 19:01
So I have my first tripped planned for Medellin on May 15-19. I have been to Philippines before and have done my mongering over there. So now I feel its time for something new. I have read all the reports from you guys on apartments. Want to know if anybody have a certain place the like best.

Thanks

MNPeter
04-22-14, 15:49
OK, this may be a dumb question but can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Are you allowed to bring girls that are not invited / admitted into the place on a regular basis back to your room there?

Bringing "regular girls" I realize would be a stretch, but you know what I mean.

Member #4353
04-22-14, 21:41
Why don't you just call them directly and ask?

OK, this may be a dumb question but can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Are you allowed to bring girls that are not invited / admitted into the place on a regular basis back to your room there?

Bringing "regular girls" I realize would be a stretch, but you know what I mean.

TweedleD
04-23-14, 05:07

Bringing "regular girls" I realize would be a stretch, but you know what I mean.Unless something has changed, It's done all the time, you can pull girls from downtown strip bars, la mayorista, casas, off the metro, whatever, just make sure she has valid I D

Member #4287
04-23-14, 08:35

Bringing "regular girls" I realize would be a stretch, but you know what I mean.Yes, I have done it many times. Any chick with a cedula can stay with you at the Mansion.

Hioctane
04-23-14, 15:00
Yes, I have done it many times. Any chick with a cedula can stay with you at the Mansion.She can stay for a TLN, but not stay the whole trip. As in move in with bags and all. They will charge you extra for that.

TroyBoy
05-04-14, 22:44
MiamiSammy-------Great report on Hotel Calle Real in Centro. I very much enjoy the ambiance of this area but have never considered actually home basing here. Is it possible to bring new found friends up to the room in Hotel Calle Real? Do they need to be registered and/or is there a fee? What type of "Walk of shame" is there. It looks like a fairly small hotel so I doubt much would escape the attention of the front desk.

TweedleD
05-05-14, 00:31
MiamiSammy-------Great report on Hotel Calle Real in Centro. I very much enjoy the ambiance of this area but have never considered actually home basing here. Is it possible to bring new found friends up to the room in Hotel Calle Real? Do they need to be registered and/or is there a fee? What type of "Walk of shame" is there. It looks like a fairly small hotel so I doubt much would escape the attention of the front desk.Personally, a 23 dollar a nite hotel in Centro, is pretty sketchy, panhandler thieves gluesniffer, overall just not a great atmosphere. Most guys will stay in Poblado or laurels. I came across an interesting article that might help further explain http://colombiareports.co/go-areas-medellin/

Member #4301
06-03-14, 23:20
Personally, a 23 dollar a nite hotel in Centro, is pretty sketchy, panhandler thieves gluesniffer, overall just not a great atmosphere. Most guys will stay in Poblado or laurels. I came across an interesting article that might help further explain http://colombiareports. co/go-areas-medellin/23 USD a night is a expensive for el Centro! I stayed in hotel right opposite where the buses leave for the airport for a week and it was actually fine. The price is 18 k which is less than 10 USD! It was clean, had hot water and the staff couldn't do enough for me (not in that way!

LobbyMan
06-10-14, 03:43
Celebrating a big birthday in MDE so looking to get a real nice place for a week in mid-July. Ideally, the apartment would have a balcony, hot tub / jacuzzi, BBQ, Wi-Fi, etc. Poblado rentals has some units that could fit the bill but they have nothing for that whole week. Saw other places on air bnb and VRBO but they were 5 bedrooms+. Any thoughts, suggestions would be much appreciated. Please PM.

Many thanks,

Lobby

===============================================

Greetings,

It appears from your post that you don't quite understand the Forum's Private Message service.

To use the Forum's Private Message service, both you and the Forum Member you are trying to contact must be either a subscriber or a Senior Member.

For more information, please read: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-subscriptions.php?

If you cannot afford $20 dollars to buy a subscription, then perhaps you can convince another forum member to purchase a subscription for you.

Jackson

LobbyMan
06-10-14, 14:22
Celebrating a big birthday in MDE so looking to get a real nice place for a week in mid-July. Ideally, the apartment would have a balcony, hot tub / jacuzzi, BBQ, Wi-Fi, etc. Poblado rentals has some units that could fit the bill but they have nothing for that whole week. Saw other places on air bnb and VRBO but they were 5 bedrooms+. Any thoughts, suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

Lobby

Concarne
06-15-14, 03:25
Celebrating a big birthday in MDE so looking to get a real nice place for a week in mid-July. Ideally, the apartment would have a balcony, hot tub / jacuzzi, BBQ, Wi-Fi, etc. Poblado rentals has some units that could fit the bill but they have nothing for that whole week. Saw other places on air bnb and VRBO but they were 5 bedrooms+. Any thoughts, suggestions would be much appreciated.

Many thanks,

LobbyGoogle Zona viva Medellin. The owner is a very nice guy. Nice place. Good location, not sure if they have a jaccuzzi however.

I stayed in one of the rooms there before and liked it.

Concarne
06-15-14, 03:26
23 USD a night is a expensive for el Centro! I stayed in hotel right opposite where the buses leave for the airport for a week and it was actually fine. The price is 18 k which is less than 10 USD! It was clean, had hot water and the staff couldn't do enough for me (not in that way!Which hotel did you stay at amigo?

TIA.

Hawk452
06-21-14, 04:31
I'm in need of a 1 bedroom 1 bath luxury apartment in the Poblado neighborhood fully furnished and equipped (secured building, AC, balcony, lifts, newer bldg. Etc.) I will be arriving in Medellin on July 11th and vacating on July 21st.

Reliable and trustworthy Websites or contact information would be greatly appreciated. My Spanish is limited.

Thanks in advance.

Lmarcone
06-21-14, 17:42
I'm in need of a 1 bedroom 1 bath luxury apartment in the Poblado neighborhood fully furnished and equipped (secured building, AC, balcony, lifts, newer bldg. Etc.) I will be arriving in Medellin on July 11th and vacating on July 21st.

Reliable and trustworthy Websites or contact information would be greatly appreciated. My Spanish is limited.

Thanks in advance.Try "AirBNB".

Havana927
06-30-14, 12:47
I put this is the list by accident.

Hotel central Plaza*.

Carrera 50 A and°81 A-15, Itagui*Medellíand.

Ibis Medellín.

Calle 20 and 44 16.

Medellíand Colombia.

Hotel estadio real.

Carrera 77 c 48-120.

Medellín.

Shamester
06-30-14, 17:20
I put this is the list by accident.

Hotel central Plaza*.

Carrera 50 A and81 A-15, Itagui*Medelland.

Ibis Medelln.

Calle 20 and 44 16.

Medelland Colombia.

Hotel estadio real.

Carrera 77 c 48-120.

Medelln.Anyone have feedback about Hotel Alcavaran?

Member #4394
06-30-14, 19:31
With a decent restaurant. Alcaravan and Macedonia hotel are pretty similar, both the hotels are just a block from the main street in Mayo. The Central Plaza is a better hotel, but 4-5 blocks from the main street, so the girls do not want to come to the hotel.

Anyone have feedback about Hotel Alcavaran?.

UsbDawg
07-12-14, 22:15
Yes, I've thoroughly combed the board and all I've come up w / has not worked out. I'm wanting at least a 2 BR /2 bath apt for 2 guys. Sometimes, insiders and fellow board members know of some great spots. I've been there, done that. Does anyone have any recommendations for 8/10-8/17? We're interested in staying in the El Poblado or Laureles areas. If anyone has any recommendations they would like to share that would be appreciated. I have travelled to Lima, Peru and San Jose, Costa Rica and if anyone needs any info on any one of those places feel free to PM me. I would really appreciate any advice I can get on MDE. This will be my first trip there. Adios.

And thanks in advance.

StarMariner
07-12-14, 23:17
I'm looking for a 1-bedroom apartment or studio to rent for three weeks in September. Must have WiFi, security and, of course, be chic very friendly. Any suggestions would be welcome direct to me.

Bbrocs
07-13-14, 04:33
I'm looking for a 1-bedroom apartment or studio to rent for three weeks in September. Must have WiFi, security and, of course, be chic very friendly. Any suggestions would be welcome direct to me.SM you need to be a paid member I can not send you suggestions any other way for a PM.

Shizzle78
07-14-14, 20:45
Hi there,

I know that is not the first time, this is asked, but I really would to know what Hotels are chica friendly and have a nice standard? What areas would be fine to stay, also at night?

I am a MDE-newbie and would appreciate very much your support.

Bbrocs
07-15-14, 01:40
Hi there,

I know that is not the first time, this is asked, but I really would to know what Hotels are chica friendly and have a nice standard? What areas would be fine to stay, also at night?

I am a MDE-newbie and would appreciate very much your support.Check online.

Le Parc Hotel.

Hotel Diez.

Hotel Parc 10.

Hotel Torre Poblado.

Above are nice poblado chica friendly places.

La 70.

Merlot.

Hotel Lincoln.

Above nice la 70 chica friendly hotels.

Of course the are many more but these are where I have stayed.

Vitrea
07-15-14, 06:32
Yes, I've thoroughly combed the board and all I've come up w / has not worked out. I'm wanting at least a 2 BR /2 bath apt for 2 guys. Sometimes, insiders and fellow board members know of some great spots. I've been there, done that. Does anyone have any recommendations for 8/10-8/17? We're interested in staying in the El Poblado or Laureles areas. If anyone has any recommendations they would like to share that would be appreciated. I have travelled to Lima, Peru and San Jose, Costa Rica and if anyone needs any info on any one of those places feel free to PM me. I would really appreciate any advice I can get on MDE. This will be my first trip there. Adios.

And thanks in advance.You picked a peak week. That is the time of the flower festival. Bbrocs on this thread owns several apartments and he is your best bet. If he is full, try apartmentMedellin.com. I used them both and happy with both.

Vitrea
07-15-14, 06:37
Hi there,

I am a MDE-newbie and would appreciate very much your support.Almost all hotels are chica friendly. This is based on my extensive travels and discussions with friends but I almost always stay in apartments. For hotels, your big question is (for most guys any way) if the hotel charges a fee to bring a guest in. This has been discussed at length. Call ahead or take your chance but always book a room for two. When you are checking in tell them that the second person is your Colombian girlfriend and she will be joining you later. Make the day receptionist put a note in there. It is hard to make a case with a chica in your arms at 2 am and they are best settled at the time of check in. If you pay the first night, you will end up paying every night.

Good luck.

Concarne
07-15-14, 16:11
Anyone have feedback about Hotel Alcavaran?I stayed there for 4 days during my last trip. It was fine, room was clean and the noise level was not bad (make sure to request a high floor and not facing the Mayorista plaza). Room is basic, got a little warm daytime, only fan available.

The staff was nice. No problem bringing chicas (I told them from get go room was for two). They called me when visitors came before they allowed them up. I cannot remember if they called when they were going out.

Wireless not working in room but they have computers next to their small restaurant downstairs which worked fine.

About two blocks from the Mayo linea. Chicas had no problems coming to the hotel.

I am going back in a few weeks and will stay there again, for two days and them migrate to an apartment.

Concarne
07-15-14, 16:13
Anyone have feedback about Hotel Alcavaran?I stayed there for 4 days during my last trip. It was fine, room was clean and the noise level was not bad (make sure to request a high floor and not facing the Mayorista plaza). Room is basic, has small TV (with porn channel if you like that), got a little warm daytime, only fan available.

The staff was nice. No problem bringing chicas (I told them from get go room was for two). They called me when visitors came before they allowed them up.

Wireless not working in room but they have computers next to their small restaurant downstairs which worked fine.

About two blocks from the Mayo linea. Chicas had no problems coming to the hotel.

I am going back in a few weeks and will stay there again, for two days and them migrate to an apartment.

Vitrea
07-21-14, 03:43
I'm looking for a 1-bedroom apartment or studio to rent for three weeks in September. Must have WiFi, security and, of course, be chic very friendly. Any suggestions would be welcome direct to me.If you are still looking, this is my favorite place in MDE. Stunning views. It is 3 bedroom but if you are only one person (like me) they give a discount. They have everything you listed. Only thing is that you can't have loud music and that is almost a given in any nice apartment. It is in an upscale building so one has to use common sense and not drag half naked chicas through the lobby.

http://www.theapartmentmedellin.com/rentals/allrentals/penthouses-medellin-charming-split-level/

Shamester
07-21-14, 17:15
MiamiSammy-------Great report on Hotel Calle Real in Centro. I very much enjoy the ambiance of this area but have never considered actually home basing here. Is it possible to bring new found friends up to the room in Hotel Calle Real? Do they need to be registered and/or is there a fee? What type of "Walk of shame" is there. It looks like a fairly small hotel so I doubt much would escape the attention of the front desk.Do the units have air conditioning?

Aunsa
07-24-14, 02:53
EDITOR's NOTE: I have read several forum posts and received additional emails complaining about Aunsa's business practices, including allegations that he has been "renting" apartments that do not exist or that he does not own, and his repeated failures to return rental reservation deposits for said apartments. Accordingly, I have revoked Aunsa's right to advertise or otherwise promote any apartment rentals or to post any other offers of commerce on the forum. Please govern yourself accordingly. Thanks, Jackson

Hioctane
07-27-14, 08:28
Almost all hotels are chica friendly. This is based on my extensive travels and discussions with friends but I almost always stay in apartments. For hotels, your big question is (for most guys any way) if the hotel charges a fee to bring a guest in. This has been discussed at length. Call ahead or take your chance but always book a room for two. When you are checking in tell them that the second person is your Colombian girlfriend and she will be joining you later. Make the day receptionist put a note in there. It is hard to make a case with a chica in your arms at 2 am and they are best settled at the time of check in. If you pay the first night, you will end up paying every night.

Good luck.I think by chica friendly, most mean no additional fee for bringing in a guest. Yes, most will allow a guest in for a fee. Isn't that like at any hotel in the world? Reserving for 2 doesn't always work either. I was at the 4 Points Sheraton (used points) and reserved for 2. They said the other person had to check in the same time as you. I found this out after I tried to bring a chica in and they tried to sock me with a 150 k extra guest charge. All I can say is, if you decide to go the hotel route, find out directly from the hotel beforehand what their policies. Don't depend on what you read here. Policies change frequently!

Monger2012
07-28-14, 04:35
When I was staying in HMP, I met some chica telling me that they go party at Casa Shlomi with younger guys from Israel. One chica told me that she met her long term boyfriend at Casa Shlomi. I did some research and found a facebook page for Casa Shlomi.

The videos and pictures posted on the page look awesome. The girls and parties shown on the page are 10 X better than HMP's. Anyone have any intel on Casa Shlomi? Like where it is located and who can get in? Do these young guys party and fuck chica for free there?

Hioctane
07-28-14, 15:49
When I was staying in HMP, I met some chica telling me that they go party at Casa Shlomi with younger guys from Israel. One chica told me that she met her long term boyfriend at Casa Shlomi. I did some research and found a facebook page for Casa Shlomi.

The videos and pictures posted on the page look awesome. The girls and parties shown on the page are 10 X better than HMP's. Anyone have any intel on Casa Shlomi? Like where it is located and who can get in? Do these young guys party and fuck chica for free there?Sounds like Casa Benjamin in Cartagena. It will probably be impossible to get in unless you are Israeli.

RockTimes
08-06-14, 05:42
Calle 46 #43-98' in the la candelaria area in centro, near metro san antonio, cheap, 14 dollar a night, booked tru booking.com.

Room is simple but very clean, only drawbacks are no elevator and no AC, electric fans only. The hotel is small, only 3 stories, and the top floor is the restaurant open only from 6 am to 10 am for breakfast. Usual American and local arepa, eggs, chorizo paisa style. Cheap, 4-6 k including coffee. Each floor has a common areas with sofas, open to the balcony. Reception sells soda and bottle water, cheap, no markup.

Not chica friendly, but you can have guest in normal hour, means no overnight stay.

Each room has posts cautioning guests about loss of valuables, nice, enthusiastic staff, however, they speak very few words of English. This area is not safe at night, I am warned by staffs to get home before nightfall, if late then taxis.

The area is near major road, carrera 46,43, shopping, market and services. All are within walking distances.

Grid north 06.24412 west 075.56544.

Bbrocs
08-08-14, 15:02
Our Hotel property has been bought.

We will be a monger hotel in Medellin. Non mongers can stay elsewhere.

Location is Park Poblado. 3 story building 11 rooms and a roof top bar where the action will be.

Rooms will go between 60-70 dollars a night depending on the night weekends are towards the higher amount.

The hotel will be walkable to 80% of our apartment inventory so this would make for a good meet up spot for all.

People not staying there are welcome. Cost is 20,000 pesos and it includes 3 drinks.

Hopefully opening weekend will be in time for superbowl. The rooms are built by Bruce and if you know anything about him he builds a sick room. In room bathrooms, flat screens, nice bed and AC is how bruce does it. Wifi and wallsafes.

Jonesie will be in house to deal with gals and guys. I will handle reservations. Ruben will handle upkeep. Security company will deal with safety and checking I'd's. Bruce the owner will oversee us all.

Hopefully we look forward to seeing some of you on or near superbowl week.

Competition is good for everyone. Keeps people honest. I intend to compete in this market like never before.

BB.

Bbrocs
08-08-14, 15:07

The videos and pictures posted on the page look awesome. The girls and parties shown on the page are 10 X better than HMP's. Anyone have any intel on Casa Shlomi? Like where it is located and who can get in? Do these young guys party and fuck chica for free there?The guys there are all israeli soldiers on there leave from the army. All Israeli soldiers get about 4 weeks off to kick around. This place and the one in Cartagena are just for them. You would not be welcomed there at all. Everybody pays something for girls don't let them fool you. My friends tell me they offer the girls shrooms and other narcotics that are not normally found in Medellin to get some of them to act crazy.

Manizales911
08-10-14, 20:38
the guys there are all israeli soldiers on there leave from the army. all israeli soldiers get about 4 weeks off to kick around. this place and the one in cartagena are just for them. you would not be welcomed there at all. everybody pays something for girls don't let them fool you. my friends tell me they offer the girls shrooms and other narcotics that are not normally found in medellin to get some of them to act crazy.i don't know about the one in mde. but the one in cartagena is known for being loaded with **** girls, you couldn't pay me to walk into the place even if they allowed me in. then again, even israeli civilians are generally known in cartagena to search out **** girls.

Aunsa
08-13-14, 03:45
EDITOR's NOTE: I have read several forum posts and received additional emails complaining about Aunsa's business practices, including allegations that he has been "renting" apartments that do not exist or that he does not own, and his repeated failures to return rental reservation deposits for said apartments. Accordingly, I have revoked Aunsa's right to advertise or otherwise promote any apartment rentals or to post any other offers of commerce on the forum. Please govern yourself accordingly. Thanks, Jackson

Arjay
08-31-14, 10:02
Beware all on Thomas McDevitt from Jupiter Florida. He trashed my apt. In Medellin. Do not rent to him or trust him. He is drug addict.

Lmarcone
08-31-14, 22:37
Way to go Barry!

And yes- competition is good. I think the rooms at the "mansion" are overpriced because they think they're the only game in town.

Our Hotel property has been bought.

We will be a monger hotel in Medellin. Non mongers can stay elsewhere.

Location is Park Poblado. 3 story building 11 rooms and a roof top bar where the action will be.

Rooms will go between 60-70 dollars a night depending on the night weekends are towards the higher amount.

The hotel will be walkable to 80% of our apartment inventory so this would make for a good meet up spot for all.

People not staying there are welcome. Cost is 20,000 pesos and it includes 3 drinks.

Hopefully opening weekend will be in time for superbowl. The rooms are built by Bruce and if you know anything about him he builds a sick room. In room bathrooms, flat screens, nice bed and AC is how bruce does it. Wifi and wallsafes.

Jonesie will be in house to deal with gals and guys. I will handle reservations. Ruben will handle upkeep. Security company will deal with safety and checking I'd's. Bruce the owner will oversee us all.

Hopefully we look forward to seeing some of you on or near superbowl week.

Competition is good for everyone. Keeps people honest. I intend to compete in this market like never before.

BB.

Aunsa
09-15-14, 19:42

Member #4287
09-16-14, 00:55
Just added another 1 Bedroom Apartment to our list.

This one bedroom is fully furnished.

Located in Estadio, west side of the city.

Comes complete with 1 bath with shower, closet, kitchen, dining table, washing machine, cable TV, WiFi, 24 hr. Doorman AND a Swimming pool.

CHEAPER than El Poblado, metro station just 4 blocks away with links to all over the city.

FROM $35 PER NIGHT. Have other apartments as well, please contact for info.Let us know when you get some pics of the place.

Concarne
09-19-14, 17:13
have a 2 bedroom penthouse, available. its in an outstanding location, everything in the apartment is modern and secure. with high speed internet, cable tv, and free local calls.

from $60 per night, can do a better rate depending on length of stay. pm for details.i would only advice extreme caution if you ever consider renting from aunsa.

i ended not renting from him but he was asking for deposit to a personal bank account prior to me checking apartment. we arranged for meeting in mde to check out apartment and arrange stay and was never heard from again. luckily i never sent money.

i got pm from another guy who had similar sketchy interactions.

his place (was temporily listed in airnbnb but quickly removed after a few days. same address, map. in a stroke of luck i had just look at it prior to his posting for rental here, when i questioned him about it and requested photos and such he ignored requests.

i could be wrong i supposse. i am only recommending extreme caution.

cc.

Old Parr
09-19-14, 22:15
I would only advice extreme caution if you ever consider renting from Aunsa.

I ended not renting from him but he was asking for deposit to a personal bank account prior to me checking apartment. We arranged for meeting in MDE to check out apartment and arrange stay and was never heard from again. Luckily I never sent money.

I got PM from another guy who had similar sketchy interactions.

His place (was temporily listed in airnbnb but quickly removed after a few days. Same address, map. In a stroke of luck I had just look at it prior to his posting for rental here, when I questioned him about it and requested photos and such he ignored requests.

I could be wrong I supposse. I am only recommending extreme caution.

CC.Thank you for your post as I exchanged inbox messages with him about a place in Cartagena.

Aunsa
09-19-14, 22:43
I would only advice extreme caution if you ever consider renting from Aunsa.

I ended not renting from him but he was asking for deposit to a personal bank account prior to me checking apartment. We arranged for meeting in MDE to check out apartment and arrange stay and was never heard from again. Luckily I never sent money.

I got PM from another guy who had similar sketchy interactions.

His place (was temporily listed in airnbnb but quickly removed after a few days. Same address, map. In a stroke of luck I had just look at it prior to his posting for rental here, when I questioned him about it and requested photos and such he ignored requests.

I could be wrong I supposse. I am only recommending extreme caution.

CC.Firstly, I NEVER ASKED FOR A DEPOSIT INTO MY PRIVATE ACCOUNT. We are a registered concierge company, and I made it VERY clear that payment should be made into our business account.

Secondly, I have been a member for over 8 years, and have a perfect track record both on this site and on others.

Thirdly, you said you will ONLY take the apartment once you are in Medellin and can view it. I advised that this is possible only if its still available. I said there is a risk to this as we do not hold apartments on the pretense that you will "come and inspect it" and you accepted, so please do state what happened correctly.

With all due respect, have provided many services to people on this fourm, and have taken MANY MANY people from this fourm around both Medellin and Bogota, and NEVER had any issues, please view the fourm posts to CONFIRM THIS.

Concarne, i am not one that seeks problems, however i felt it is important to set the record stright. And i hope one day we can have a beer in Colombia!

===========================================

Old Parr
09-20-14, 00:18
Firstly, I NEVER ASKED FOR A DEPOSIT INTO MY PRIVATE ACCOUNT. We are a registered concierge company, and I made it VERY clear that payment should be made into our business account.

Secondly, I have been a member for over 8 years, and have a perfect track record both on this site and on others.

Thirdly, you said you will ONLY take the apartment once you are in Medellin and can view it. I advised that this is possible only if its still available. I said there is a risk to this as we do not hold apartments on the pretense that you will "come and inspect it" and you accepted, so please do state what happened correctly.

With all due respect, have provided many services to people on this fourm, and have taken MANY MANY people from this fourm around both Medellin and Bogota, and NEVER had any issues, please view the fourm posts to CONFIRM THIS.

Concarne, i am not one that seeks problems, however i felt it is important to set the record stright. And i hope one day we can have a beer in Colombia!I thank you for your response since I am interested in your apartments in Cartagena!

Bbrocs
09-21-14, 14:30
Firstly, I NEVER ASKED FOR A DEPOSIT INTO MY PRIVATE ACCOUNT. We are a registered concierge company, and I made it VERY clear that payment should be made into our business account.

Concarne, i am not one that seeks problems, however i felt it is important to set the record stright. And i hope one day we can have a beer in Colombia!Concarne. I can concur we handle deposits the same way. Prefer to a bank account because there are no fees. No charge backs and no bullshit. If you want a apartment. Money has to be put down to hold it. Otherwise people don't show up and keep shopping for a spot. There are a lot of scammers but thanks to the internet horror stories and good references are very easy to find out about a person. All the best to you all.

Bbrocs
09-21-14, 14:31
Horrible Update:

I got a call from Bruce saying that the hotel project looks like a non starter now. He says the city plan to make calle 9 bigger and that the city is demanding a buy back of a certain amount of the property there. Not to mention that the new hotel rules for Medellin is that they now require you to have 1 parking space per 4 rooms. Bruce has always told me the truth. Brutally honest even when I don't want to hear the truth. So to think he got cold feet on the project I like to give him the benefit of the doubt. But this puts Jonesie and I back at square 1. My fault for putting my foot in my mouth. I waited till the promesa was drawn up and they were buying it. I figured it was a done deal. I think to get my foot out of mouth I'm going to have to wait a bit longer before any such announcements are made. The apartments are doing great so it's nothing to be upset about. But I for 1 was waiting anxiously for a location to entertain our renters that was walkable to most of our places. So that's the inside story.

Member #4398
09-21-14, 20:58
Just added another 1 Bedroom Apartment to our list.

This one bedroom is fully furnished.

Located in Estadio, west side of the city.

Comes complete with 1 bath with shower, closet, kitchen, dining table, washing machine, cable TV, WiFi, 24 hr. Doorman AND a Swimming pool.

CHEAPER than El Poblado, metro station just 4 blocks away with links to all over the city.

FROM $35 PER NIGHT. Have other apartments as well, please contact for info.Do you have a website link of the apartments in Medellin and the other locations in Colombia (Cartagena, Cali? And any pics?

Member #4398
09-21-14, 21:29
Has anyone can share where is the location of Colombiajake apartments and how are the apartments or rooms? His website does not say where the location and does not describe what kind of apartments?

Aunsa
09-23-14, 14:59
Do you have a website link of the apartments in Medellin and the other locations in Colombia (Cartagena, Cali? And any pics?Working on a website at the moment, that you can book in real time, so will advise once this is up.

Don't have any apartments in Cali, only in Medellin and Cartagena.

Menteng
10-06-14, 01:18
Paisa woman has rooms to let, including breakfast and lunch for 50.000 COP a day.

Location is at Carrera 80, near the Belen library.

She only speaks Spanish.

PM me for her phone number.

Concarne
10-16-14, 18:21
I never asked for a deposit into my private account. we are a registered concierge company, and I made it very clear that payment should be made into our business account.

You are correct. you asked for deposit into a business account. How one is to verify if biz or personal I leave it to other members.

Is it 6 or 8? Your PM to me stated over 6 years. I still have it in my inbox.

Thirdly, you said you will only take the apartment once you are in Medellin and can view it. I advised that this is possible only if its still available. I said there is a risk to this as we do not hold apartments on the pretense that you will "come and inspect it" and you accepted, so please do state what happened correctly.

I told you I wanted to check it out yes. because I thought it was strange that it had previously been listed in airnbn and then disappeared. I requested to see it prior to sending you my money because you were not using a mainstream rental site. I was the one who told you it was fine if you rented it. I never wanted to give the impression that you gave and then took away the reservation. What I told you was if you have it and i can check it out great. I also requested that maybe I could take a peek for possible future rental if already occupied. we were in agreement to meet, I tried contacting you several times and no response. In fact the first I hear from you is now in this post. several weeks after I left mde.

With all due respect, have provided many services to people on this forum, and have taken many many people from this forum around both Medellin and Bogota, and never had any issues, please view the forum posts to confirm this.

Perhaps it maybe more productive and reassuring to your future potential guests that you provide such contacts in the original PMs. The potential uselessness or value of this. Well I leave that to a future customer.

Concarne, I am not one that seeks problems, however I felt it is important to set the record straight. And I hope one day we can have a beer in Colombia!

Beers on me man no worries. honestly, I was ready to rent and liked the location. I was disappointed you did not meet me and I did not get to see the place. But you must also understand that, although a couple of hundred bucks is no big deal to loose, I do not like going around burning money for no reason. there are plenty of other rental options both that are more secure and that have much more history and much more established. Why not choose those? The onus is on the new and smaller guy (you) to make the potential customer very much at ease so that a rental can be done. As I asked in one of our first exchanges. set up paypal? Or use airnbn (what happened to that listing anyways?

Anyways, free market free speech, telling it how it was (except for the corrections above). If you can show me the place next time and I can have a way to have my cash protected I am all in.

Menteng
10-16-14, 19:25
Attractive Paisa single mother has rooms to let, including breakfast and lunch for 50.000 COP a day.

She only speaks Spanish.

PM me for her phone number.

Hioctane
10-17-14, 21:34
Attractive Paisa single mother has rooms to let, including breakfast and lunch for 50.000 COP a day.

She only speaks Spanish.

PM me for her phone number.Why did you mention that she is attractive? Does that mean she is available? LOL.

Is her place chica friendly?

Hioctane
10-17-14, 21:39
I was also interested in apartment rentals and asked him for some pictures. He asked what dates. I told him when and he never responded back. Not a very professional way to run a business IMO.

Aunsa
10-18-14, 00:48
I was also interested in apartment rentals and asked him for some pictures. He asked what dates. I told him when and he never responded back. Not a very professional way to run a business IMO.I said I was planning to get a website up and running soon. So its not a case of me ignoring you.

Also, the guy that runs my Medellin apartments, his wife passed away last week, hence a further delay. Very sad news, and I am still in shock myself.

Nbrand
10-18-14, 09:49

She only speaks Spanish.

PM me for her phone number.How open is she for some "room service"?

Nbrand
10-18-14, 09:55
Anybody experience with The Four Points Hotel? Chica friendly?

Gracias!

Colombia Jake
10-23-14, 21:43
Has anyone can share where is the location of Colombiajake apartments and how are the apartments or rooms? His website does not say where the location and does not describe what kind of apartments?The apartment is older but the suites are spacious and quiet. For $35 a night for the do it yourselfer, and $99 for the full service experience its a deal! Big pool and places to eat right on the corner its worth a try.

Thanks,

Jake

Member #4398
11-03-14, 03:27
I wanted to share this great apartment I booked it through booking.com in the town of Laureles in Medellin. I got a one bedroom with two twin beds, a bathroom, a living room with a small sofa and dining table, a kitchen with dishes and pots. It is located in a really nice middle class very safe neighborhood and 20 minutes walk to the El Metro Estadio station. Very clean and super nice building, very quiet and private. It just felt like having your own apartment in NYC since you get your own key to the building and the place. There is no security checking anybody in or out and there is no need for that since the area is very safe. I paid $30 USA dollars or about 60000 pesos per night. Here is the link http://tuapartamentomde.com/pricing.html. From the link I got the apartment that has the following note: #3 Apartamento amoblado Edificio Santo Tomas, barrio Laureles a 1 caudra de San juan why de la avenida Nutibara, ubicado enla Calle 41 #77 - 44. $59.900 pesos. If you wonder if is Chica friendly. It is because it is your own private apartment and you rarely see the neighbors. You just have to be discreet and be careful in bringing minors or trannies since it is a nice middle class neighborhood and building.

Aunsa
11-03-14, 18:27

Member #4398
11-09-14, 17:30
These are some of my thoughts and observation regarding sleeping in hostels and mongering in the Poblado area. Hostels are a very inexpensive forms of accommodation that are usually shared bunk bed from 2 bunks to 6-12 bunk, usually mix genders. It is super easy to find accommodation by just walking in since there are numerous hostels in the Poblado area. Some have private rooms. It can be a great atmosphere to meet single travelers from all over the world. I was able to check three hostels in the Poblado area while I was there in.

October and I just walked in at night without making any reservation and got my room. They are not that conducive to bringing a chicas in, but you can do it if you get a private room and you tell them that you are booking the room for yourself and your girlfriend and that she is coming later. The most you could do at the hostel is probably save money on the accommodations, and do your business outside like casa running during the day and the strip / night clubs at night.

1)http://www.tigerpawmedellin.com/photos.

http://www.tigerpawmedellin.com/rates

This hostel is just three blocks walking to Parque Lleras. They have privates and mix bunks. I got a private room for 60000 pesos (30 USA) with bathroom outside the room. They said no problems with bringing your girlfriend in, but she just had to register when she comes. I was able to rest well in this hostel and met some interesting travelers including Colombian young travelers to my surprise. The people I met were not into mongering just into the partying at parque Lleras. Very nice and clean place and friendly staff. They have a kitchen that cooks only breakfast, very good food. They have salsa dance lesson once a week and a nice bar / music and many other activities. I slept comfortably in this place after 3 am because there is a techno club across the street with mad loud music on a Saturday night (I went to that Club and was pretty good). But overall, that hostel was a pretty nice experience and I recommend it. It allowed me to explore the area and.

A cheap apartment in Laureles. It is a great place to check the area, doing day casa runs, partying in parque Lleras and for exploring different neighborhoods until you find a more private and mongering accommodation like I did after a couple of days.

2)http://www.casakiwi.net/.

http://www.casakiwi.net/id10.html

This is another nice hostel and just a couple of blocks from Parque lleras. The Colombian staff was not as friendly as the tiger paw hostel. They have privates and shares bunks / mix genders. They did not have a private room available so I took a shared bunk room for just $12 or 24000 pesos. The room was messy and with a funky smell cause of two messy backpackers sleeping there. There is a small bar that sells beers and drinks. They have a restaurant that serves breakfast only. This hostel was very noisy overall. People went to bed super late 4 am or 5 am, most travelers partying in Parque lleras and when they came back drunk they kept on talking loud forgetting people were trying to sleep. Don't recommend this place at all.

3)http://www.pitstophostel.com/.

http://www.pitstophostel.com/index.php?/hostel-in-medellin/rooms.html

This hostel is a party hostel. It is located in Patio Bonito, which is a far walk from Parque Lleras. This place gets super noisy cause of the party atmosphere and lots of young international single travelers that came to Medellin to party and drink. Also, Colombian single travelers stay here. They have private rooms and shared bunk rooms. A private room is about $28 US and a shared bunk $11. They have a bar, a restaurant, a pool, lots of drinking here. Noisy place not conducive to resting, more conducive to partying and meeting world travelers and / or hooking up with a drunk girl at the hostel and then take her to your private room.

Conclusions: I don't recommend hostels for mongering at all. Only recommend as a short term and cheap.

Alternative to get yourself familiar with different areas until you find an accommodation in an area and price that you like. The share rooms are super cheap like $12 dollars a night and private rooms $30. It is a great place to meet other travelers but it is not that conducive to bringing chicas unless you book a private room and say a girlfriend is coming later and you would have to register her name when you register or when she comes. You can get a room at any hour of the day by just walking in without making any reservations because there are tons of hostels in the Poblado area.

CrackerBlack
11-10-14, 08:23
have a 2 bedroom penthouse, available. its in an outstanding location, everything in the apartment is modern and secure. with high speed internet, cable tv, and free local calls.

from $60 per night, can do a better rate depending on length of stay. pm for details.I'm currently shopping around for a decent 2 br place in Poblado or Laurelas, for 3+ months, needs to be available in the next two weeks. Currently staying in Poblado. If this place is available, I'd love to get the details, and see the place.

El Balsero
11-11-14, 16:51
First trip to Medellin: Arrive Friday, November 21,2014 - Depart Sunday, November 30,2014.

Top priority is a reliable internet connection. You can PM me.

CrackerBlack
11-11-14, 18:35
[Personal message deleted by Admin]

==============================================

Gentlemen,

Please communicate personal messages via the PM System

The Open Forum is generally intended for the posting of information that is of interest to all readers.

Please use the Forum's Private Message system to exchange personal information and make personal plans.

Thank You

Bizzness
11-16-14, 05:25
First trip to Medellin: Arrive Friday, November 21,2014 - Depart Sunday, November 30,2014.

Top priority is a reliable internet connection. You can PM me.Hey there,

I'll also be in MDE those same days. If you need company to explore the area let me know.

Bizzy

JimZieman
11-24-14, 08:14
Will be in Medellin for 6 days. Any suggestions for place to stay?

JimZieman
11-24-14, 08:57
Does anyone know if Hotel Laureles 70 is Chica friendly? Has anyone stayed there? How is it?

Member #4398
11-25-14, 04:02
Does anyone know if Hotel Laureles 70 is Chica friendly? Has anyone stayed there? How is it?Read the post bellow from 11/03/2014.

World Travel 69
11-25-14, 17:21
I did not stay Hotel Laureles 70, but this is good:

Hotel Florida, Carrera 70 #43-38. Rates: 127 k cash, 140 k-245 k Credit card, WiFi, chica fee 30 k. Tel: 260 49 00, Fax: 260 06 44. florida@epm.net.co Florida@une.net.co http://www.hotelfloridamedellin.com/index.php.

Does anyone know if Hotel Laureles 70 is Chica friendly? Has anyone stayed there? How is it?

Aunsa
11-25-14, 17:34

Hioctane
11-26-14, 18:19
2 Bedroom Penthouse Apartment available now, located next to the famous theatre in Medellin.

Come with WIFI, cable TV and free local calls.

$60 US Dollars per night.

PM me if interested.Is that the one with the Jacuzzi?

Makela
11-26-14, 22:38
Hey friends,

I will come first time to Colombia and Medellin on half of December.

What is best place for 'newbie' to take room there in Medellin? Is that El Poblado better choice than area near Parque Bolivar?

My plan is looking girls from casas and nightclubs. Is there some freelancer pick up places?

What about girls, are they more into short time deals or is it easy also get them to all night?

Thanks in advance.

Riku

Aunsa
11-27-14, 00:25

Member #4398
11-29-14, 15:20
Hey friends,

I will come first time to Colombia and Medellin on half of December.

What is best place for 'newbie' to take room there in Medellin? Is that El Poblado better choice than area near Parque Bolivar?

My plan is looking girls from casas and nightclubs. Is there some freelancer pick up places?

What about girls, are they more into short time deals or is it easy also get them to all night?

Thanks in advance.

RikuFor staying, the Poblado area is a great choice. Forget about Parque Bolivar area, it is a shady and dangerous area at night. It is okay to go out there during the day casa.

Hunting and afternoons as many of the centro casas are on the Parque Bolivar area. You don't want to be in that Parque Bolivar area at night time. In some Poblado bars and nightclubs, you can find some freelancers. But, the problem is that Colombian women party in large groups, so it is super difficult to mingle with them or approach them if you are traveling alone. Most Colombian women won't approach you at a bars unless it is a strip joint, you have to do the hunting. The short and longtime deals depends on the girls and you, and how much you willing to pay. For accommodations and places, here are some options:

http://www.hotelmedellinm.com/

This is a mongering hotel in the Poblado area. Rooms start at 120000 pesos or 60 dollars. There is a bar and there are girls on site that you can negotiate with to take to your room. You get support from other mongers. You need to Make a reservation. I tried to get in without one and it was booked most of the week. Most people in this board recommend staying here for newbies or experienced mongers.

http://colombiajake.com/

Rooms to rent for $35 dollars in the Poblado area. You get support and other services for additional fee such as dates with Colombian girls and casa tours, other tours. I have not used Colombiajake, but it seems a pretty good option to me for a newbie who wants support and girls right away.

http://tuapartamentomde.com/

Studio apartments in the barrio Laureles and Buenos Aires starting at $60000 pesos or 30 dollars. This option is good once you are familiar with being on your own and have learned how to navigate Medellin on your own via the public buses and El Metro train. And its not that difficult. I used this option after staying a few days in the Poblado area and after I was already familiar with many areas. I loved the apartment and being in my own place. Very private, safe, nice area, and quiet. You can bring yourprepagos here as your girlfriends or friends of course as it is your own private place.

Aunsa
11-29-14, 20:56

Colombia Jake
12-02-14, 17:21
I'm somewhere in the mix with two suites through December as we speak. The holidays are different here so go somewhere that has people like here that can show you around. Quiet around Christmas so its best to have a hook up! You can find me at Colombia Jake Medellin.

Makela
12-04-14, 12:02
Thank you very much Mr. Cerebro.

Aunsa I'm interested in your apartment.

How we can go further with that?

Best regards,

Riku

Makela
12-14-14, 13:48
Where are you reports of your experiences? Your 8 posts are all questions, and you claim to have been in Prague, Tanzania and other parts of Africa but have not contributed anything, or are you just a troll?Hahahah. This is funny. I m not troll.

I am mr. Santa Claus myself and if you mr. Old Parr are bad boy, I come on Christmas and give you nasty Christmas-gift. Hehehe, that was joke.

Hmmmm. Actually I guess at every day many thousand guys read this forum and get some great information.

But to make some reports are not so easy to everybody.

And I can be sure at only small % of readers can do good reports.

Better leave it to people who are good in that.

My English is so poor at it s not enjoyable to anyone for read if I try to create some report.

In another hand, I'm bit hard drinker so my reports are for sure not nice to read cause I can't often remember details at all. Hahaha.

So I don't like to use space and anybody time with some low quality reports. I m not good in that, if I am, I made it here sure.

This site is very useful and I respect and give big hand to everybody who can create helpful and good reports here.

Now in Medellin, bad hangover but still alive.

Thanks once more to mr. Cerebro from all info.

And Merry Christmas in advance to everybody.

Best regards

Riku

BlueChange
12-15-14, 08:53
What's the best site for a monthly rental? I know the daily and weekly are good but lately the monthly rates seem high. I found some good ones on CL but anyone else want to chime in? Looking to go Febuary.

Hioctane
12-15-14, 17:33
Hahahah. This is funny. I m not troll.

I am mr. Santa Claus myself and if you mr. Old Parr are bad boy, I come on Christmas and give you nasty Christmas-gift. Hehehe, that was joke.

Hmmmm. Actually I guess at every day many thousand guys read this forum and get some great information.

But to make some reports are not so easy to everybody.

And I can be sure at only small % of readers can do good reports.

Better leave it to people who are good in that.

My English is so poor at it s not enjoyable to anyone for read if I try to create some report.

In another hand, I'm bit hard drinker so my reports are for sure not nice to read cause I can't often remember details at all. Hahaha.You don't need to make full reports. If someone posts about something you have done. Reply and give your experience.

Member #4398
01-10-15, 13:53
Did you rent from Aunsa?

Thank you very much Mr. Cerebro.

Aunsa I'm interested in your apartment.

How we can go further with that?

Best regards,

Riku

TweedleD
01-11-15, 04:48
What's the best site for a monthly rental? I know the daily and weekly are good but lately the monthly rates seem high. I found some good ones on CL but anyone else want to chime in? Looking to go Febuary.My favorite is still poblado rentals but Airbnb as well as booking.com offer many choices. Also https://www.facebook.com/groups/510044409058180/

Vitrea
01-11-15, 22:57
What's the best site for a monthly rental? I know the daily and weekly are good but lately the monthly rates seem high. I found some good ones on CL but anyone else want to chime in? Looking to go Febuary.Search for Apartment Medellin.

Member #4398
01-16-15, 05:52
What's the best site for a monthly rental? I know the daily and weekly are good but lately the monthly rates seem high. I found some good ones on CL but anyone else want to chime in? Looking to go Febuary.Try this http://tuapartamentomde.com/.

Also via http://www.booking.com/hotel/co/tuapartamento-mde-202l.html?sid=a5b6d9c3532d5ded2214b4fc3affb560;dcid=4;checkin_monthday=5;checkin_year_month=2015-2;checkout_monthday=6;checkout_year_month=2015-2;no_rooms=1;req_adults=2&.

I used one of the apartments in the Barrio Laureles near Estadio. You get your own key to the apartment and there is no door man which makes it super chica friendly. The apartment is super safe so there is no need of security. A big police station is two blocks away too. Very nice and affordable apartments in a nice middle class and safe neighborhood. The studios were about $25-30 dollars a night. With a kitchen with cooking suplies and dishes and private bathroom. The person that dealt with (Alejandro) was very professional and responsive. You pay cash when you arrive. You can pay by the day (that is what I did), week, month. He told me that the monthly rentals were much cheaper or offered at much discounted prices. They also have apartments in barrio Buenos Aires near El Centro. There was no daily cleaning or changes of sheets and towels in my apartment. The guy told me that the rentals were offered at a a considerable low price, therefore they cut the cost by cutting the daily cleaning service. But he also told me that if the apartment needed to be clean and If I needed change of sheets and towels all I needed to do was to call him and he would come with new supplies and would arrange for someone to clean. There was a mop in the place and some cleaning supplies during my stay and I did not have to call him to send someone to clean because I kept the studio clean myself. It is pretty much like having your own apartment. I liked that.

Of all the options available, don't ever consider Aunsa and watch out if he PMs you telling you that he has apartments in Medellin. He does not have any apartments in Medellin or anywhere else. He is only looking for people to scam and steal money from them, specially monger newbies.

Good luck in your trip.

Cerebro

Member #4398
01-22-15, 03:09
Can anyone provide a review on any of these two hotels located in Itaqui? I believe these two hotels are near the Mayorista area, but I'm not sure. Please share anything about these two hotels, girl friendly or not?, location, service, safety, beds, cleanliness, etc.

1)http://www.hotelalcaravan.com/home.html.

Carrera 50 A 84 - 09 Itagüí Tel: (57 - 4) 285 1000 Cel: 314 865 28 84 Colombia, Medellín.

2)http://www.hotelcentralplazamedellin.com/.

Carrera 50ª # 81 A - 15 Itaqui PBX: (57) (4) 3623380 Cel: 311 375 2993 Colombia, Medellin.

World Travel 69
01-22-15, 17:55
Sorry, I can not help with the hotels, it looks like it right in the middle of it.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?oe=UTF8&dg=feature&ie=UTF8&msa=0&hl=en&mid=zzgTRtD9VTmQ.kn7YEgWmCD9E

Can anyone provide a review on any of these two hotels located in Itaqui? I believe these two hotels are near the Mayorista area, but I'm not sure. Please share anything about these two hotels, girl friendly or not?, location, service, safety, beds, cleanliness, etc.

Carrera 50 A 84 - 09 Itag Tel: (57 - 4) 285 1000 Cel: 314 865 28 84 Colombia, Medelln.

Carrera 50 # 81 A - 15 Itaqui PBX: (57) (4) 3623380 Cel: 311 375 2993 Colombia, Medellin.

Member #4394
01-25-15, 00:39
Central plaza is the best hotel in the area but a little far away- 4 or 5 blocks- from the chica district. Al caravan is two blocks away from the street, so it's easy to bring girls or to go to the bars. I recommend Macedonia plaza hotel, just a block from the street. All these hotels are Clean, safe, and economic. You pay additional fee for bringing a girl if you are in a single bed room. You won't have to do this if your room is two bed room.

Carrera 50 A 84 - 09 Itag Tel: (57 - 4) 285 1000 Cel: 314 865 28 84 Colombia, Medelln.

Carrera 50 # 81 A - 15 Itaqui PBX: (57) (4) 3623380 Cel: 311 375 2993 Colombia, Medellin..

Member #4398
01-25-15, 03:23
[1673745]Central plaza is the best hotel in the area but a little far away- 4 or 5 blocks- from the chica district. Al caravan is two blocks away from the street, so it's easy to bring girls or to go to the bars. I recommend Macedonia plaza hotel, just a block from the street. All these hotels are Clean, safe, and economic. You pay additional fee for bringing a girl if you are in a single bed room. You won't have to do this if your room is two bed room..[/QUOTE]Thanks for the recommendations for Macedonia Plaza Carrera 50 A 84 A-03 Itag 050021 Colombia. Since the three hotels, the Central Plaza, Macedonia plaza and Alcaraban, are all near the majorista area, I will check then all in person before I do any booking. In my next trip to Medellin (end of Spring), I want to stay in the Majorista area for a couple of days to get a taste of the area and the chicas.

Member #4398
01-25-15, 03:34
Here is a link of Hotel Macedonia Plaza located in the Mayorista area: http://www.despegar.com.co/hoteles/h-482712/hotel-macedonia-plaza-medellin at Carrera 50 A No. 84 A - 03 Itagui, Medellíand +574 362 2121 : +574 596 5533.

Member #4396
01-25-15, 16:46
For the newer visitor, and even the seasoned pro who likes to go out on dates with fun girls, who will show you places you may not have discovered or the same old places you feel comfortable with. No one offers what we do for you here at Colombia Jakes. Here is a fun girl named Carolina who wants to meet you and go out dancing or drinking or just stay here in your room. She's super cool and likes to have sexy fun! Pound down with Carolina only here at Jakes! Look me up and come grab a hold of big fun!Do you offer airport pick up?

Member #4394
01-25-15, 18:26
All these hotels have decent restaurants. Also, there are some good one at the Market area in Mayorista.

Matt Psyche,

Thanks for the recommendations for Macedonia Plaza Carrera 50 A 84 A-03 Itag 050021 Colombia. Since the three hotels, the Central Plaza, Macedonia plaza and Alcaraban, are all near the majorista area, I will check then all in person before I do any booking. In my next trip to Medellin (end of Spring), I want to stay in the Majorista area for a couple of days to get a taste of the area and the chicas..

SpiderRider
01-31-15, 23:56
About Feb 4 to 8. I'm already in town. PM if you can help.

UsbDawg
02-02-15, 23:48
Thanks for the info Matt. I just stayed 7 nights in the Mayo at the Hotel Alcaravan, just got back about a week ago. I had no real complaints. Good internet, flat screen TV (including 2 porn channels), my own bathroom / shower, it was quiet, and most of all the price was less than $25 USD / night. The only minor complaint would be that it was a bit small. I usually did a couple of girls during the daytime and if I was up for it, knew I could take less than a 1 minute walk around the corner to the Mayo and peruse the block for a nice chica. Unfortunately, never really saw anything on this trip that was worthwhile. I didn't realize if you paid for 2 people you could bring a girl back for free. I will do that in the future. Seems like it's less than $10 to do that. Also, the decent restaurants, are you talking about in that 3 story mall area with the gate around it, on the walk between the Ayurra metro stop and the Mayo? I stopped by there a couple of times to use the ATMs, great rates by the way at the Citibank machine.

All these hotels have decent restaurants. Also, there are some good one at the Market area in Mayorista..

Member #4394
02-03-15, 23:02
1) Small room. As you said, take a two bed room. It will be still cheap, and you won't have to pay extra fee when you bring girls. 2) Restaurants. Yes some good restaurants at market area before Ayura station. 3) Girls. Don't expect to meet a gorgeous girl at Mayo. But Mayo is a good place for chilling with friends and girls before going to bed. Just mix various plans of casas, clubs, mayo, nonpros etc. Mayo is a still good place to stay.

Thanks for the info Matt. I just stayed 7 nights in the Mayo at the Hotel Alcaravan, just got back about a week ago. I had no real complaints. Good internet, flat screen TV (including 2 porn channels), my own bathroom / shower, it was quiet, and most of all the price was less than $25 USD / night. The only minor complaint would be that it was a bit small. I usually did a couple of girls during the daytime and if I was up for it, knew I could take less than a 1 minute walk around the corner to the Mayo and peruse the block for a nice chica. Unfortunately, never really saw anything on this trip that was worthwhile. I didn't realize if you paid for 2 people you could bring a girl back for free. I will do that in the future. Seems like it's less than $10 to do that. Also, the decent restaurants, are you talking about in that 3 story mall area with the gate around it, on the walk between the Ayurra metro stop and the Mayo? I stopped by there a couple of times to use the ATMs, great rates by the way at the Citibank machine.

Admin
02-04-15, 00:34
Greetings Everyone,

I have read several forum posts and received additional emails complaining about Aunsa's business practices, including allegations that he has been "renting" apartments that do not exist or that he does not own, and his repeated failures to return rental reservation deposits for said apartments.

Accordingly, I have revoked Aunsa's right to advertise or otherwise promote any apartment rentals or to post any other offers of commerce on the forum.

Please govern yourself accordingly.

Thanks,

Jackson

Member #4398
02-04-15, 01:01
Anyone has stayed in these apartments in the Buenos Aires barrio? I stayed in the apartments advertised last year in the barrio Laureles and had a great experience. Any information about barrio Buenos Aires is appreciated such as safety, class status, restaurants, etc.

TUAPARTAMENTO MDE #917 Apartamento amoblado Conjunto residencial, barrio Buenos Aires a 5 minutos del Centro de Medellin, ubicado en la Calle 49 #17 C - 80.

View on tuapartamentomde.com.

Colombia Jake
02-05-15, 23:48
First I want to say thanks to all you guys passing through my place we all seem to have a good time! I'm here to provide you with beautiful fun girlfriend experiences as well as tours for those who need or want them. The girl of the month is Yesica who is slim and in good shape. I have many others and some guys come through and want a different one every night for 10 nights! I'll keep them coming if that's what you like. Thanks and take a look at my new site medellinsex.com Jake.

You Can
02-06-15, 01:38
Thank you! Put that to rest. Talked to him once and didn't I walk ran from him.

Greetings Everyone,

I have read several forum posts and received additional emails complaining about Aunsa's business practices, including allegations that he has been "renting" apartments that do not exist or that he does not own, and his repeated failures to return rental reservation deposits for said apartments.

Accordingly, I have revoked Aunsa's right to advertise or otherwise promote any apartment rentals or to post any other offers of commerce on the forum.

Please govern yourself accordingly.

Thanks,

Jackson

DoeBoy2245
02-06-15, 08:17
Hey fellas,

Just wanted to know if anyone experienced using Colombian Jake's services? Thinking about heading to Medellin in a few days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lucky Nuts
02-09-15, 04:43
Hey fellas,

Just wanted to know if anyone experienced using Colombian Jake's services? Thinking about heading to Medellin in a few days. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.I stayed with Jake. He's a great option to hit the ground running. I'd recommend. You will meet a sweet chica quickly and tour the El Centro casa scene the next day.

DoeBoy2245
02-10-15, 21:14
I stayed with Jake. He's a great option to hit the ground running. I'd recommend. You will meet a sweet chica quickly and tour the El Centro casa scene the next day.Thank for the reply man!

Shamester
02-11-15, 11:46
Hotel Central Plaza is a great option for those seeking Mayorsita -- Five minute walk. Chicas are willing to go to your hotel which is the best option.

Secure and clean. Small rooms with air conditioning and a good cable selection. Around 27 usd per night. Allows day to day payment which is a nice option in case you have a change of plans.

Shamester
02-12-15, 12:32
Hotel Central Plaza is a great option for those seeking Mayorsita -- Five minute walk. Chicas are willing to go to your hotel which is the best option.

Secure and clean. Small rooms with air conditioning and a good cable selection. Around 27 usd per night. Allows day to day payment which is a nice option in case you have a change of plans.BTW the hotel features a panoramic hotel bar, jacuzzi and workout equipment. The cable lineup also has one good porno channel and a decent stereo. Bringing chicas depends who is working the front desk.

Member #4398
02-13-15, 17:58

Secure and clean. Small rooms with air conditioning and a good cable selection. Around 27 usd per night. Allows day to day payment which is a nice option in case you have a change of plans.Shamester,

Is this the hotel Central Plaza where you and the chica got shown by the hotel people the prerecorded no prostitution in the hotel message?

Shamester
02-14-15, 09:55
Shamester,

Is this the hotel Central Plaza where you and the chica got shown by the hotel people the prerecorded no prostitution in the hotel message?Yes. However it appears that as long as the girl has documents it is probably fine to bring a chica. Its been a hit and miss so far.

Member #4394
02-14-15, 16:45
No doubt Central Plaza is the best hotel in the area. It is a hotel for married couples and families. You may not look awefuly sensible with a prostitute in the hotel.

Yes. However it appears that as long as the girl has documents it is probably fine to bring a chica. Its been a hit and miss so far..

Concarne
02-15-15, 00:33
Thank you! Put that to rest. Talked to him once and didn't I walk ran from him.I smelled the BS on that MoFo! Aunsa was ripping people off...

He was trying to make me transfer funds to his account directly from mine. On this day and age. Someone renting apts abroad does not have paypal, airbnb or another such service??

He was posting some other guys apt photos that are in airbnb. Penthouse in centro area across from the teater.

I told him I would pass and meet him at his apt so I could check it out for future rentals and he never contacted me again.

What a Bser.

MrFurley
02-22-15, 04:51
Heading to MDE mid-March with a wingman. The first time for us. Doing some research but there is an abundance of info and I'm looking for any intel to assist make some decisions. Have not secured a place to stay as of yet. Can't decide on if we should do a night or 2 at Mansion and then head to an apartment in a nice area because the prices seem reasonable and I want to fit in. Unsure of what's considered a nice, safe area though. El Poblado? Any trustworthy apartments and hotels that cater to the hobby? Would like to stay close to the bar, clubs, restaurants and nightlife for easy access and the possible for some take home after hours. I've read that Parque Lleras is the place. Also, ATMs, banks, places for good exchange rates.

DoeBoy2245
02-22-15, 20:20
Just wanted to thank Jake and the rest of the people that was staying there for showing me a good time while in Medellin for the first time. Especially Hurricane Joe. I had a great time.

Jay from Boston.

DoeBoy2245
02-22-15, 20:32
Heading to MDE mid-March with a wingman. The first time for us. Doing some research but there is an abundance of info and I'm looking for any intel to assist make some decisions. Have not secured a place to stay as of yet. Can't decide on if we should do a night or 2 at Mansion and then head to an apartment in a nice area because the prices seem reasonable and I want to fit in. Unsure of what's considered a nice, safe area though. El Poblado? Any trustworthy apartments and hotels that cater to the hobby? Would like to stay close to the bar, clubs, restaurants and nightlife for easy access and the possible for some take home after hours. I've read that Parque Lleras is the place. Also, ATMs, banks, places for good exchange rates.I went for the first time a couple weeks ago. I stayed in El Poblato. I felt really safe walking around by myself. It's like a zone 6 which is like one of the most prestigious areas in Medellin. Or something like that LOL.

Colombia Jake
03-04-15, 15:48
Just wanted to thank Jake and the rest of the people that was staying there for showing me a good time while in Medellin for the first time. Especially Hurricane Joe. I had a great time.

Jay from Boston.Jay, thanks so much we enjoyed having you here and Joe says Hi! Lots of good times and looking forward to you coming back again!

Jake

NCal2014
03-04-15, 19:36
Would like to stay close to the bar, clubs, restaurants and nightlife for easy access and the possible for some take home after hours. I've read that Parque Lleras is the place. Also, ATMs, banks, places for good exchange rates.Oh is that all. LOL. Might be a good idea tontry the mansion a few days. Preferably on the weekend make about 10-15 contacts with girls. Then ask the very nice and friendly people at the front desk to give you a good reference for an apartment. Also an apartment I think is good for 2-3 guys. Not really for 1 guy by himself. Just my 2 pesos.

SavePros321
03-04-15, 21:39
Also an apartment I think is good for 2-3 guys. Not really for 1 guy by himself. Just my 2 pesos.Bollocks (is that how it is spelled, LOL?)! The beauty of having an apartment is the privacy it gives you. If you "need" to stay with 2-3 swinging dicks, then there's really no need to ever leave the mansion. I would have never returned to Medellin so many times if I had to share my apartment with anyone other than myself and my chicas.

Will it cost you more since you are not able to share the costs with 2-3 other guys? Sure you will, but I'm not pinching pennies on my trip. I love being able to walk butt ass naked throughout my apartment at any time, day or night.

I once had a three bedroom apartment (was upgraded because of the availability of my original apartment), and I used one room to store my luggage, one room for fucking, and one room for sleeping in. But there are plenty of 1-2 bedroom apartments available that won't break the bank.

Old Parr
03-04-15, 23:14
Bollocks (is that how it is spelled, LOL?)! The beauty of having an apartment is the privacy it gives you. If you "need" to stay with 2-3 swinging dicks, then there's really no need to ever leave the mansion. I would have never returned to Medellin so many times if I had to share my apartment with anyone other than myself and my chicas.

Will it cost you more since you are not able to share the costs with 2-3 other guys? Sure you will, but I'm not pinching pennies on my trip. I love being able to walk butt ass naked throughout my apartment at any time, day or night.

I once had a three bedroom apartment (was upgraded because of the availability of my original apartment), and I used one room to store my luggage, one room for fucking, and one room for sleeping in. But there are plenty of 1-2 bedroom apartments available that won't break the bank.Excellent post. I have never shared an apartment for the reasons you stated. I also almost always book a 2 bedroom also for the reasons you stated, and many times you can get the two bedroom for the cost of a one bedroom because you are by yourself.

RiceRocket99
03-16-15, 04:11
I've been looking for a penthouse style 2/3 bedroom with outdoor patio and indoor jacuzzi in the Laureles area and it is hard to find! Poblado has a bunch of those types of properties in airbnb, apartment medellin, and poblado rentals. But it's time to venture out. Can anyone help? Thanks.

FoolOnTheHill
04-03-15, 09:53
I am planning to be in Medellin in about 3 weeks with a friend. What is a good hotel to stay at, or should we rent an apartment? First time visiting Colombia for both of us, although I have been to Latin American countries about 8 times now. Should we just stay at The Mansion for the first night, then look around? My Spanish is intermediate, his is basic, to non-existent. Looking for a Chica-friendly place, and in the middle of the best area. Or where I can find a good apartment to rent.

RacShack
04-03-15, 15:25
I am planning to be in Medellin in about 3 weeks with a friend. What is a good hotel to stay at, or should we rent an apartment? First time visiting Colombia for both of us, although I have been to Latin American countries about 8 times now. Should we just stay at The Mansion for the first night, then look around? My Spanish is intermediate, his is basic, to non-existent. Looking for a Chica-friendly place, and in the middle of the best area. Or where I can find a good apartment to rent.Check out art hotel, Chica friendly ,1 block from the Pargue Lleras, restaurants, bars, I think like 80 $ breakfast included, o jam up bring girls in! Have fun!

Member #4398
04-04-15, 17:15
I am planning to be in Medellin in about 3 weeks with a friend. What is a good hotel to stay at, or should we rent an apartment? First time visiting Colombia for both of us, although I have been to Latin American countries about 8 times now. Should we just stay at The Mansion for the first night, then look around? My Spanish is intermediate, his is basic, to non-existent. Looking for a Chica-friendly place, and in the middle of the best area. Or where I can find a good apartment to rent.The mansion seems to be a good short term choice or just for a couple of days to get situated in Medellin. You need to make a reservation there cause the placed is often booked. I tried to go by just walking in in two occasions and never found a room. The place is difficult to find and make on a steep hill in the Pobladoneighborhood. Make sure you have the address: Call us directly: (USA)+1-312-546-4301 (Colombia)+57 (4) 266-8626 Carrera 43 # 2 sur-50 http://hotelmedellinplaza.com/rooms.html.

There are cheap (About $20 USD per night) chica friendly hotels right on the heart of the Mayorista area. I have not stayed in the hotels bellow, but I plan to in my next trip and some ISG members have given them good reviews: 1) Hotel Macedonia Plaza Hotel Macedonia Plaza http://www.despegar.com.co/hoteles/h...plaza-medellin at Carrera 50 A No. 84 A - 03 Itagui, Medellíand +574 362 2121 : +574 596 5533 and 2) Hotel Alcaraban http://www.hotelalcaravan.com/home.html Carrera 50 A 84 - 09 Itag Tel: (57 - 4) 285 1000 Cel: 314 865 28 84 Colombia, Medellin. And 3) Hotel Central Plaza http://www.hotelcentralplazamedellin.com/ at Carrera 50 # 81 A - 15 Itaqui PBX: (57) (4) 3623380 Cel: 311 375 2993 Colombia, Medellin. The Central Plaza is the best hotel in that area but is not that conducive to bringing a chica, all depending on who is on the desk and also is a far walk to the Mayorista area. If I were you, I would make a trip to the Mayorista area and check the noted hotels before doing any booking and and book only if you would like to stay there.

For apartments I recommend this http://tuapartamentomde.com/ you can make a reservation on that site or through booking.com. They have studio or larger apartments in the Laureles and Buenos Aires barrios. Laureles is a middle class neighborhood and very safe. I booked there and loved it. Super quiet and private. You get your own key to the place and you rarely see the neighbors. You pay when you get the keys. The place is very cheap or less than 30 USD per night. They don't do daily cleaning or daily changing of sheets / towels thought but if you staying for several days you could ask the guy for regular cleaning and for clean towels and sheets when you need them. The place has all the utensil require for cooking and the guy (Alejandro) that I dealed with was very professional and responsible. Whenever I called him or texted him, he responded quickly. The place is very conducive to bringing friends or prepagos because is your apartment and no porters around or no obnoxious neighbors / owners in the building.

Good luck in your trip,

Cerebro

SpiderRider
04-20-15, 02:35
Does anyone have an apartment rental to share 4/26 to 4/30? 2015. Bedroom & pvt bath. Poblado, Castropol etc. Thanks, I will monitor PMs.

Goggles25
05-20-15, 19:47
I've been looking at Hotel Casa Victoria, Carrera 32 # 1 sur - 13 - does anyone know if it is girl-friendly?

Haitek
05-21-15, 19:08
I check-in in Hotel Lleras 10, calle 10 number 40. It is very close to Parque Lleras and chicas friendly. New hotel with modern and confortable room, staff speak english. Price for standard room is 179000 pesos (call the hotel to book, price on booking.com is much higher).

C Jack Sparrow
05-21-15, 20:48
This penthouse seems perfect for 3 amigos; 2. 5 M COP / all inclusive.

A room often costs 800.000, this is a much better option if 2 other guys can be found that are honest and friendly; there's still a lot of space enough for each ego.

http://apartamentosamoblados1a.webs.com/

www.facebook.com/santiago.fonseca.3367

Apartments runs 1. 5 M COP and above so it's half the price, a nd if not Fxxx up, a very much better deal, and living; with option to have parties with "babes".

Vitrea
05-29-15, 13:57
(sorry. I posted this in wrong thread before).

Guys, I need help. I am in MDE on business and with several associates that do not monger. I can do a quick getaway in the afternoon but I don't have time to take a taxi all the way to Centro. Can any of you suggest a decent short time place close to Poblado? It does not have to be in Poblado. The girl I am planning on doing is a non pro and I don't want to take her to a total dive. I have been to MDE many times but never had this issue as I always have apartments and mostly travel solo or with like minded friends. Thank you for any help.

-V.

Phunluv
05-30-15, 06:28

Guys, I need help. I am in MDE on business and with several associates that do not monger. I can do a quick getaway in the afternoon but I don't have time to take a taxi all the way to Centro. Can any of you suggest a decent short time place close to Poblado? It does not have to be in Poblado. The girl I am planning on doing is a non pro and I don't want to take her to a total dive. I have been to MDE many times but never had this issue as I always have apartments and mostly travel solo or with like minded friends. Thank you for any help.

VDon't know if you have time to do this, and it's certainly not a cheap option, but you can try to make a second reservation or rent an apartastudio nearby your hotel for a night or two. Just type your hotel address in google maps and see what's nearby; or search for "apartaestudio" in airbnb or google.

Off the top of my head, there's Motel Ibiza Lounge for short time; although it's not really close to Poblado, it might be feasible. It's a high-end love motel if you want to impress her, but it may not be the most economical option. Prices as per the web site range from 76-105,000 COP for a 6-hour block of time, not including the extra-special rooms. That's actually a good deal if you use the full 6 hours, LOL, but probably not an option for you given your situation!

Ibiza is right off the autopista and close to the Mayorista (upper Itagui by the river). Driving south, you'll pass the disco Fahrenheit, then the highway entrance and exit to the Mayorista, then the motel comes up. There's large signage for all these spots so you can't miss it; not ideally close to Poblado, but at least you can avoid being stuck in the street traffic of centro.

Voyajer1
05-30-15, 14:47
Look it up on the internet, it is called, LOS Chalets motel. It is around El Poblado. It is the only motel I'm Medellin that has A / see. Let us know how it went.

-V.

World Travel 69
05-30-15, 16:45
18. Motel Las Cabañas, Calle 14 # 43 F-65, Barrio Manila, El Poblado. Rates: $ 65,000 2 pm Sunday to 6 am Monday, 10 pm Monday to 6 am Tuesday, 10 pm Tuesday to 6 am Wednesday. Tel: (57) (4) 266 11 47. http://www.lascabanasmotel.com/ https://www.facebook.com/LasCabanasElPoblado.

19. Los Chalets Motel, Calle 80 sur #55-71, La Estrella. Rates: $ 75,900 (accommodation for 6 hours), Additional hour: $ 16,000 Additional Person: $ 40,000. Tel: 279 14 49. http://loschaletsmotel.com/ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motel-Los-Chalets/220028941357218.

20. Motel Ibiza, Carrera 42 # 79-39 Autopista Sur, Itagu. Rates: 76 k to 420 k. Tel: 448 49 69. http://motelibiza.com https://www.facebook.com/MotelIbiza.

Look it up on the internet, it is called, Los Chalets motel. It is around El Poblado. It is the only motel I'm Medellin that has A / C. Let us know how it went.

Hutch69
06-01-15, 03:18
Check out art hotel, Chica friendly ,1 block from the Pargue Lleras, restaurants, bars, I think like 80 $ breakfast included, o jam up bring girls in! Have fun!I second Rac's suggestion of the Art Hotel http://www.arthotel.com.co -guest friendly, good rates, comfortable / modern rooms, decent (free) breakfast, great front desk staff (organized an amazing Pablo Escobar tour) & around the block from Parque LLeras. I would spend the extra dough and upgrade rooms.

Vitrea
06-07-15, 14:30
Thank you guys. (Phunluv, voyager and WT69). I ended up using Motel Ibiza. It was exactly as Phunluv described. Easy to get to. Classy place. Total privacy. No ID checks or signing in. Room and two bottles of Smirnoff ice was 92000 pesos. That was with a jacuzzi room music and variety of mood lighting. Good beds, very clean. Impressed.