PDA

View Full Version : Ho Chi Minh City - Hotels

Pages : [1] 2 3

Admin
01-01-07, 02:00
Thread Starter.

OzzieSuds
07-20-07, 13:43
Ouch! I hadn't noticed it was already 2 years old.

May I assume that his post is still accurate, but that prices have pretty much doubled since then?

Asia Rains report is still pretty much correct in terms of general issues such as the hotels etc. The only thing to add to that is that some of the big hotels will let you bring a guest provided she is checked in to a second room which must be paid for.

I saw a recent report about security guards on the corridor from Catwalk to New World so that you could not take the gals directly to the hotel.

His comments about Acopolypse are spot on although the prices may have increased a little. But there now a number of other disco locations such as MGM which are discussed in the forum.

Can't comment on the motorbike and zoo scene.

Asking prices for take out from bars are heading towards VND1.6 mil but negotiation to 1.0 or 1.2 is stil possible.

New bars in HBT and relocation of U2 to Bar29 are discussed in forum.

BBBJ
07-22-07, 21:50
Hi guys,

Sorry to post this off topic question, but I'm having a hard time finding this information anywhere else:

I'll be in HCM (primarilly ;) ) to conduct some job interviews.

I'm too cheap to rent a dedicated business meeting room from the hotel (I personally think hotels rip you off with these things), so I plan follow my usual strategy, which is to do the interview in the lobby of a classy (but not too classy) hotel.

This normally works like a charm, but since Vietnam hotels seem to operate slightly different from other hotels around the world, I want to make sure this is not going to backfire on me.

These are not large scale interviews (max 15 people) that should all arrive at their own scheduled appointment.

The Majestic hotel **seems** to be a good place. It's classy, but not too over the top (that would hurt my negotiating position). From the website it **seems** to have a large lobby where I could conduct these interview in relative privacy.

Are my impressions correct, or should I consider doing this at another hotel?

I'm assuming that if I'm a guest at the hotel that they will allow me to receive guests in the lobby ....right??

Thanks for any info. Much appreciated!

Whisper1
07-23-07, 06:41
Hi guys,

Sorry to post this off topic question, but I'm having a hard time finding this information anywhere else:

I'm too cheap to rent a dedicated business meeting room from the hotel (I personally think hotels rip you off with these things), so I plan follow my usual strategy, which is to do the interview in the lobby of a classy (but not too classy) hotel.

This normally works like a charm, but since Vietnam hotels seem to operate slightly different from other hotels around the world, I want to make sure this is not going to backfire on me.

These are not large scale interviews (max 15 people) that should all arrive at their own scheduled appointment.

The Majestic hotel **seems** to be a good place. It's classy, but not too over the top (that would hurt my negotiating position). From the website it **seems** to have a large lobby where I could conduct these interview in relative privacy.

I'm assuming that if I'm a guest at the hotel that they will allow me to receive guests in the lobby ....right??

I think it would be best if you stay at the Sheraton to conduct your interviews. The Sheraton has a big lobby but it also has a coffee area within the lobby where you can sit there as long as you want waiting for your interviews. IMHO

BBBJ
07-23-07, 08:18
I think it would be best if you stay at the Sheraton to conduct your interviews. The Sheraton has a big lobby but it also has a coffee area within the lobby where you can sit there as long as you want waiting for your interviews. IMHO

Thanks for that info Whisper1. Noted.

OzzieSuds
07-23-07, 09:06
The larger hotels will have no objection to you meeting people in the lobby whether you are staying there or not - as long as you are buying tea or coffee etc.

The Sheraton and the Renaissance are both set up with large lobby lounge areas that are suitable for this. The Renaissance also has a lounge you can access on the 5th floor on the same basis. I often use the Renaissance for meetings.

Not familiar with the Majestic but both Grand Hotel and Continental are mid range hotels that have large lounge areas. Other options are the two Givral coffee shops or the Highlander coffee shops.

However the thing that you need to think about is how you are going to meet your people. It is very easy in this environment to be looking at your counterpart across the room and wondering where the hell they are! If you are not a guest the hotels will not help with this. One way is for you to wear some distinctive clothing such as a bright red hat - you may look like a fool but at least they will find you.

Gaolei
07-24-07, 01:07
Someone had to start with this question. I heard that there were guest friendly hotels run by expats around Saigon. At one point someone told me about one, but I did not make that trip, so lost the information. Anyway, I find myself heading back to Saigon and looking for a guest friendly hotel without buying an extra room. Can anyone help?

Is this something we can discuss in an open forum without the government going in and ruining a good thing? If not, PM me.

BBBJ
07-24-07, 01:20
Fantastic, Jackson listened to our comments and added the seperate threads for HCM hotels, bars and massage parlours. Thank you!

As for the GF hotels, I definitely also think we should maintain some sort of list. As I have written before, I'm not too paranoid about the Vietnamese government using these forums as a means to crack down on hotels.

It looks like I wil be staying at the Majestic. I know it's mentioned here several times as not being GF, but I'm afraid I have to put business before pleasure. Rest assured I'll be trying every possible way to get someone into my room ;)

I'll let you guys know if I succeed...or not.

OzzieSuds
07-24-07, 03:55
As for the GF hotels, I definitely also think we should maintain some sort of list. As I have written before, I'm not too paranoid about the Vietnamese government using these forums as a means to crack down on hotels.

It looks like I wil be staying at the Majestic. I know it's mentioned here several times as not being GF, but I'm afraid I have to put business before pleasure. Rest assured I'll be trying every possible way to get someone into my room ;)

I'll let you guys know if I succeed...or not.

There was a guy stayed at the Majestic a few weeks ago and got nothing back to his room.

When you talk about the VN Government just remember that they are based in Hanoi and in Hanoi one is struggling to get a drink after 11 pm let alone a root. All of the old disco places have been shut down and only a few attached to big hotels are left.

In HCMC there are frequent raids on the bars near HBT. If you see the girls in dustcoats over their party clothes then you know that they have been warned of something happening. Often the girls at the remaining bar on MTB wear the dustcoats and sit outside.

In my experience the hotels that are really GF are very small - my current one has 15 rooms. They are quite busy now and an influx would kill them. So my advice on the hotels remains a little non-specific - small hotels in the HBT and MTB area with rates around $30 for a better will usually be girl freindly and have small rooms for about $20.

I can tell you from experience that the Bach Dang and Dong Do hotels on MTB have a curfew on visitors so that they cannot stay overnight.

I have heard (unconfirmed) reports that there are more hotels like this behind Ben Than Market and near the backpacker area.

Gaolei
07-25-07, 23:59
I am looking for a list of hotels that are GF and maybe have a star or 3. This is the kind of hotel you can bring your local freebie girl friend and make an impression, not a short time hotel.

OzzieSuds
07-26-07, 05:51
I am looking for a list of hotels that are GF and maybe have a star or 3. This is the kind of hotel you can bring your local freebie girl friend and make an impression, not a short time hotel.

The big hotels (Sheraton, Renaissance etc) will let you bring your local friend but if she is to stay beyond 9 pm they will want you to reserve and pay for an extra room. If you really want to impress that would be the way.

I would expect that the mid-range hotels (Majestic, Grand etc) might also be more flexible during the day.

A possibility if you stay at Renaissance is to take your gal to dinner at the (very good) Chinese Restaurant on the first floor. From their you are able to go straight to the guest elevators on the same level. Similar exercise at Carravelle from the roof top bar.

But you should think about how much slinking around like an intruder is going to impress your gal.

Warriorxxx
07-26-07, 17:47
This is a great start so here is my contribution to the list.

A&EM near by Ben thanh market is a friendly location to stay and you can bring any friends there.

This hotel cater to both locals and international guest. I stayed there few times and have no problems to bring any one back.

BBBJ
07-27-07, 00:19
Change of plan. Majestic appears to have renovations going on next week in the lobby, so my assistant had me rebooked to the Duxton hotel.

I'm assuming this hotel is also not GF?

Haven't ready much on the Duxton in this thread. Does anybody have any info for me?

Thanks in advance!

OzzieSuds
07-27-07, 06:23
Change of plan. Majestic appears to have renovations going on next week in the lobby, so my assistant had me rebooked to the Duxton hotel.

I'm assuming this hotel is also not GF?

Haven't ready much on the Duxton in this thread. Does anybody have any info for me?

Thanks in advance!

Duxton has part Guvmint ownership and not GF at all. For mid range suggest you look at Grand (has good massage), Palace or even Ho Sen. Ho Sen was reported to be GF.

Gaolei
07-31-07, 10:38
The Rex hotel is very unfriendly to girls. I had an older girlfriend get stopped at the elevator and read the riot act by someone 3/4 her age. The way around the problem was to go to the restaurant on the roof and go down to the room from there. Unfortunately the girl was so shaken, she could not take her eyes off the door and left early, before the fun began.

So the question remains, where to stay in Saigon and also Vung Tau.

OzzieSuds
07-31-07, 11:23
The Rex hotel is very unfriendly to girls. I had an older girlfriend get stopped at the elevator and read the riot act by someone 3/4 her age. The way around the problem was to go to the restaurant on the roof and go down to the room from there. Unfortunately the girl was so shaken, she could not take her eyes off the door and left early, before the fun began.

So the question remains, where to stay in Saigon and also Vung Tau.

There is a lot of advice on Hotels but it remains in the General Info thread. There is also advice on Vung Tau in the Other Places thread.

Gaolei
08-15-07, 21:49
I did a search in the general reports for the word hotel. I came up with 10 responses. Some talked about how unfriendly the hotels were to guests, but no names of GF hotels came up. I think this is the forum to start listing the names of hotels we can enter with a girl friend for the evening. I started with REX, not GF. I don't have the experience in VN to have anything else to contribute, so I am off to Saigon next week and probably staying in the first hotel, which I know is also not GF. Wow, 2 reports from me, Rex and First not GF!

Austin Power
08-16-07, 06:00
I did a search in the general reports for the word hotel. I came up with 10 responses. Some talked about how unfriendly the hotels were to guests, but no names of GF hotels came up. I think this is the forum to start listing the names of hotels we can enter with a girl friend for the evening. I started with REX, not GF. I don't have the experience in VN to have anything else to contribute, so I am off to Saigon next week and probably staying in the first hotel, which I know is also not GF. Wow, 2 reports from me, Rex and First not GF!Most hotels (3 stars and Up) will not allow you to bring girls in after 9 or 10pm. What you need to do is book a 2nd room for you gf (ask teh front desk, sometine they offer 1/2 price for 2nd room). This is the only way you can bring girls to hotel in Saigon.

I do know few smaller hotel in Chinatown (cholon) will let you bring gf. Try Tokyo (106-108 Tran Tuan Khai St., Dist. 1, Ho Chi Minh City) , Mario (close to Dong Khang Hote in Tran Hung Dao A) or Phu Luc Tho (across from Windsor plaza hotel) The average price is $20 to $30 a night.

If you happen to travel with another friend, don't book two rooms. When you ready to bring the girl in. book the 2nd rooms. It works everywhere in Vietnam.

OzzieSuds
08-16-07, 11:25
i do know few smaller hotel in chinatown (cholon) will let you bring gf. try tokyo (106-108 tran tuan khai st., dist. 1, ho chi minh city) , mario (close to dong khang hote in tran hung dao a) or phu luc tho (across from windsor plaza hotel) the average price is $20 to $30 a night.austin's comments about the smaller hotels are quite correct and there are a number of the them rep001tered around the place with concentrations near benh than market and near hai bai trung and mac thi boui.

however you need to be aware that even these small places are officially breaking the law in letting you bring back your guest and for that reason it is not wise to publicise their actual names.

the first hotel is miles away from most of the action (it is quite near the airport) but it does have a number of bars and massage joints nearby.

i would suggest that you stay first night in a hotel near the centre and then take a walk around to find a suitable venue for the rest of your stay.

Co Van My
08-16-07, 18:43
.I would suggest that you stay first night in a hotel near the centre and then take a walk around to find a suitable venue for the rest of your stay.Excellent advice. I might add that if you take a girl from a bar or other p4p venue, she will take you to a guest friendly hotel. You would always have the option of moving there the next day.

Austin Power
08-25-07, 04:22
The First Hotel is miles away from most of the action (it is quite near the airport) but it does have a number of bars and massage joints nearby.Tokyo Hotel in not in airport area, it actualy on of the side street close to Tran Hung Dao A in Dist. 5 ( not Dist. 1 my typo). Many BBS within walking distance and less than 10 minutes by #1 bus from downtown. You can also find good looking KTV girls on hotel's top floor or massage on 5th floor. The only problem The hotel rule do not allow KTV and Massage girls go to the same hotel they work. That is one reason I move out to Mario next night.

El Frances
08-27-07, 20:50
For those who haven't yet understood, no big international hotel or state-owned hotel is GF in Saigon! (For me GF means a girl can spend the night in my room). It's no use trying Rex, Majestic, Grand, Bong Sen, Novotel and all the hotels you can book through travel agents or Internet booking services. They are for shure not GF.
The only GF hotels are small hotels, called "minihotels", who are privately owned and bribe the police. They don't meet international standards (room for 20/30 $) and are not suitable if you do business and need to meet customers, officials, etc.... Many of them are in the backpacker district (Pham Ngu Lao). Girls in mongering places such as Apocalypse or taxi drivers should be able to advise you.

OzzieSuds
08-28-07, 00:48
As El Frances says these mini hotels are not suitable for business meetings but many are adjacent to big hotels such as New World and Renaissance. I use small hotels in Mac Thi Boui and meet people at Renaissance - they don't know the difference.

David51
09-18-07, 02:08
I am traveling to Ho Chi Minh City in a few weeks and need to book a hotel. Can someone PM me with some suggestions? My boss is at the Renaissance. But I am looking for something more GF. But would like clean, safe, air conditioned, with free internet.

I have never been there before. And only speak English. But will be with an associate who is originally from Vietnam but he will be staying with relatives, and I don't want to specifically ask him about GF hotels.

Thanks in advance. I did RTFF but since people generally post where NOT to stay rather than where to stay (to keep these places out of trouble) I still could use some help.

Thanks in advance!

D51

Jakongsu
09-18-07, 06:29
I just came back from Saigon last week with 10 friends. We stayed at Lan Lan Hotel 2. 46 Thu Khoa Huan Str. Dist 1, HCMC. Tel. 84.8.8227926. E-mail : lanlanhotel@hcm.vnn.vn. Website : www.lanlanhotel.com.
The hotel manager in Hanoi booked this hotel for us. rate is USD 40.00 +10% tax.
Rooms are clean, free internet in room and restaurant, 2 elevators, breakfast included, taxis ready just across the street from hotel. But most rooms have no view (windows).

The first night we stay, a friend brought a girl from Catwalk karaoke (USD 200.00) and have to open another room for the girl.

The second night we brought 5 girls from Zeus Business Club Amara Hotel (@ USD 100.00) and we only have to open 2 rooms for the girls and the rate is only USD 39.00 nett.

The male receptionist is also very helpful. I tried to rent a van for our transportation around the city and he told me it is easier and cheaper to use taxi. And he is right. Taxi is very cheap. For short trip USD 1.00 only and to airport is approx 70,000 dong (USD 4.50)

Fast Eddie 48
09-18-07, 06:43
I am traveling to Ho Chi Minh City in a few weeks and need to book a hotel. Can someone PM me with some suggestions? My boss is at the Renaissance. But I am looking for something more GF. But would like clean, safe, air conditioned, with free internet.

I have never been there before. And only speak English. But will be with an associate who is originally from Vietnam but he will be staying with relatives, and I don't want to specifically ask him about GF hotels.

Thanks in advance. I did RTFF but since people generally post where NOT to stay rather than where to stay (to keep these places out of trouble) I still could use some help.

Thanks in advance!

D51To D51,

If you have done any search the Caravelle hotel is a good 4star gf hotel at a very good locations at Lam son square area fast internet but a bit pricey usd 160 a night very nice room and service .

www.caravellehotel.com

Fast eddie 48

El Frances
09-18-07, 20:16
Caravelle hotel, GF? Are you kidding?

AdHome01
09-18-07, 21:20
The second night we brought 5 girls from Zeus Business Club Amara Hotel (@ USD 100.00) and we only have to open 2 rooms for the girls and the rate is only USD 39.00 nett. Could you give us more info on the quality of these girls?

Thanks

OzzieSuds
09-18-07, 22:02

Thanks in advance!

D51

Read my post immediately before yours - there are at least 6 GF hotels in that area. You could even stay at the Renaissance and grab a $20 rooting room nearby.

OzzieSuds
09-18-07, 22:04
Caravelle hotel, GF? Are you kidding?

The Caravelle is a 5 star property with a reputation of being one of the best hotels in Asia. Definitely not GF in the normal sense but there have been reports of punters smuggling gals in via the rooftop bar.

Jakongsu
09-19-07, 07:42
Could you give us more info on the quality of these girls?

ThanksI can say they are from 7 to 7.5. At least that is what we got. We arrive there 15 mins before 12 and they are closing. I guess there must be better girls if you come earlier.

Additional info. Karaoke room charge is USD 30.00, girls at USD 10.00 per hour and heineken USD 4.00. The mamasan will expect some tips. We gave her USD 20.00 for 5 girls. That's what the girls told us to give.

Gaolei
09-19-07, 22:12
I know this is the HCM hotel thread, but I did spend the weekend in Mui Ne at the Sunsea hotel with a lady, no questions asked. The hotel is foreign owned, so they don't seem to care if your GF is with you. As far as finding someone to spend the evening in Mui Ne, forget it.

OzzieSuds
09-20-07, 04:08
I know this is the HCM hotel thread, but I did spend the weekend in Mui Ne at the Sunsea hotel with a lady, no questions asked. The hotel is foreign owned, so they don't seem to care if your GF is with you. As far as finding someone to spend the evening in Mui Ne, forget it.

Where the hell is Mui Ne?

Playsafe
09-20-07, 05:04
Where the hell is Mui Ne?About 210km north of HCMC (25km north of Phan Thiet in Binh Thuan province). It's like Nha Trang without the nightlife.

Gaolei
09-23-07, 01:04
Exactly, no nightlife at all!

Saigon Daze
09-29-07, 13:42
The Caravelle is a 5 star property with a reputation of being one of the best hotels in Asia. Definitely not GF in the normal sense but there have been reports of punters smuggling gals in via the rooftop bar.It's the 3rd best hotel in HCMC behind the Sheraton/Hyatt. The rates are lower than both, so they are trying to win back some customers.

FlyJets
10-31-07, 00:01
Wow,
Ho Chi Minh was a blast. We did all the tourist crap and ended up at Apocalypse Now every night. We started at Saigon Saigon bar on top of the Caravelle hotel. We befriended the bar tender and he made great drinks. We also went to the lounge at the Park Hyatt and had cocktails. Nice lounge singer, high end with great piano. Drinks here are fantastic also. We went to Q-bar, nice trendy place. Knocked back a few shots here. It is nice to check out some of the hotties looking for Western men. We ate at some really fun places. Lemongrass was Vietnamese, nice place and had a homey feeling. We ordered 3 meals for each person and shared them all. The Sushi Bar was a great place for sushi. We had Uni, Unagi, Ikura, Toro, Ibi and Masago. All was super fresh and really cheap. 12 beers, 3 bottles of Sake and lots of sushi $99, nice deal.
Now we were drunk every night and went to Apocalypse Now. I know we were the hunted here. This is a regular bar with some working women (sort of). We met a mini mamasan. She would direct us to all the working women. Back by the pool table is where most of the action in the pay for arena takes place. We would pull 3 girls from here and head for a late nigh place named Allez Boo. This place is in the Pham Ngu Loa backpacker area; however it is full of girls working and wanting to be worked. They sell food, have cheap drinks and stay open until you stop drinking. The girls we had cost $100 per night, that was all night and as many hits as we wanted. I know it seems high but we had a different budget. We stayed at a hotel named Liberty 4 Que Hong $75 per night. We had girls in the room every night and it was no problem. We arrived at the hotel around 4-6 am. Girls we permitted and we were not charged for them staying in the room.
In closing, the pussy, drinks and food were good; the traffic was a mother fucker. Had a great time and would go back again soon. Peace out

Jack Viet
11-01-07, 06:15
Hi All,

I tried to read the forum, and it seems there is a general concensus that the law is that you cannot take a girl all night in a hotel room in Vietnam without breaking the law. Still, I wonder if any of you have the specifics or is a website with same. I wonder, for example, does this only apply to foreigners, or to everyone? How late is overnight (setting aside the hotel's own policies). When does the next morning start (e.g., I take a girl in a 430am, is that the next day and not overnight). Thanks all. I know some of this is academic because of hotel policies, but I want to be very careful about breaking the law for various reasons.

Thanks,

Jack V

OzzieSuds
11-01-07, 11:38
Hi All,

I tried to read the forum, and it seems there is a general concensus that the law is that you cannot take a girl all night in a hotel room in Vietnam without breaking the law. Still, I wonder if any of you have the specifics or is a website with same. I wonder, for example, does this only apply to foreigners, or to everyone? How late is overnight (setting aside the hotel's own policies). When does the next morning start (e.g., I take a girl in a 430am, is that the next day and not overnight). Thanks all. I know some of this is academic because of hotel policies, but I want to be very careful about breaking the law for various reasons.

Thanks,

Jack V

The official deal is that lady visitors are not allowed at night and the big hotels have too many spies to not comply. So usually around 9 pm is it. Some hotels ask for payment for an extra room and others are bit lax with security from entertainment venues within the property.

However there are many small hotels who do not comply. Not sure but would be surprised if there are no pay-offs. No names please but there are many hotels around Saigon for around US$30 that should be OK.

Desmondh69
11-05-07, 07:47
Anyone stay Kim Do Hotel before? I will go Vietnam HCHC this weekend. And this is the first time I go Vietnam. And I have no idea where the hotel. Even I can see from the map. But I am not sure whether its a good place to stay or have fun or not. Anyone can help?

El Frances
11-08-07, 21:53
The official regulation in vietnam is that you are supposed to be allowed to register one vietnamese girl with you in your room if you check-in with this girl when yourself check-in in this hotel. Otherwise it's not allowed. That's the rule, but it's vietnam so:
- large hotels usually apply this rule, but may refuse if the girl is from the same town and may locally be filed as prostitute (smakker hotel may refuse too). For example in Nha Trang, it's easy to check-in with a girl from HCMC, much more difficult if she's from Nha Trang. They will usually not allow you to bring a girl to your room overnight after you have checked-in alone (or they will ask you to rent an extra room).
- small private hotels (minihotels) may be subject of police trying to get money from them, whatever it is officialy allowed or not, and still ask you to book a second room so that they don't have to pay the police,
- small private hotel may not have any problem with police but will take the opportunity to get more money from you by pretending you have to book an extra room,
- some minihotels pay the police anyway, so that when there is a police raid, the police phones them before to warn them. In this case, you only have to book one room (but OK, it's vietnam, so if they feel they can do it, they may take the opportunity to get more dollars from you, that's the game!)
In any case, there's no other way than asking directly and be ready to go to another place if you are not satisfyed with the answer

OzzieSuds
11-09-07, 21:49
Anyone stay Kim Do Hotel before? I will go Vietnam HCHC this weekend. And this is the first time I go Vietnam. And I have no idea where the hotel. Even I can see from the map. But I am not sure whether its a good place to stay or have fun or not. Anyone can help?

Kim Do on Nguyen Hue is not GF nor is Palace Hotel opposite.

Try the smaller hotels on Mac Thi Boui - Palace is on the corner.

Raxen
12-03-07, 04:21
I know this is the HCM hotel thread, but I did spend the weekend in Mui Ne at the Sunsea hotel with a lady, no questions asked. The hotel is foreign owned, so they don't seem to care if your GF is with you. As far as finding someone to spend the evening in Mui Ne, forget it.Mr Dat tours has a little stable of girls. I met two and he said they were 19 and 21 although they looked about 23 and 28ish. Both were about a 6 and a 7. He also told me he "thinks" the price for overnight fun is $90USD but he'd have to ask the girl. I decided to pass, but he's a nice guy to talk to. He's located on the left just past the faerie spring bridge in the beginning of Mui Ne.

I met him through my motorbike driver whom I met as soon as I stepped of the bus in Mui Ne. After taking me to my hotel (for free because it was so close) I asked him to take me to a massage parlor. He took me for about a 20 minute ride to a place by the sand dunes. 130,000 VMD for a massage by a cute expressionless 22-year-old? girl. An extra 200K for a HJ and I wasn't able to let my hands wander too much. After a 5-hour bus ride, it was a good enough massage. I saw other cuties in there, but I never went back to try again.

If anyone wants the motobike guy's number (he was my driver for three days and rented me a moto for $5 one day) or Mr Dat's number, pm me.

I will repost this in the other areas as I have reports on Nha Trang, Hoi An and Danang as well. I will arrive in Saigon this afternoon.

Sidhartha
12-15-07, 11:18
Just a short note to alert members about the Ho Sen Hotel on Thi Sach Street (near the Sheraton).
I had booked a room a while back and confirmed at least three times. But when I showed up they quoted me a higher rate than what they had booked it at. They claimed that rates had gone up. That may or may not be the case, but obviously to me only the rate they had booked it at mattered.
After a 36-hour journey (missed connections) I did not feel like searching for another hotel, but obviously I am not too happy with hotels like these.
Members should use their own judgment if they intend to stay at this hotel - a hotel that plays such tricks is capable of creating other problems too.

Joe Nailer
12-15-07, 17:17
Just a short note to alert members about the Ho Sen Hotel on Thi Sach Street (near the Sheraton).

I had booked a room a while back and confirmed at least three times. But when I showed up they quoted me a higher rate than what they had booked it at. They claimed that rates had gone up. That may or may not be the case, but obviously to me only the rate they had booked it at mattered.

After a 36-hour journey (missed connections) I did not feel like searching for another hotel, but obviously I am not too happy with hotels like these.

Members should use their own judgment if they intend to stay at this hotel - a hotel that plays such tricks is capable of creating other problems too.Not this hotel, but the same thing happened to me in a Da Lat hotel. It was supposed to be a reputable hotel, N***tel. I booked a double room on Internet, and paid by credit card. When I got there, they said the room was not available, but there was a mini suite available for an additional 15USD. Ok, 15USD is not much more, but that's not the point, as you know. I had no choice but take it.

I think, I dont want to over generalise it, but this type of behaviour seems prevailant in Vietnam. This is their national character, it is business as usual, not surpringly this happens more often to foreigners.

That said, Vietnam has lots of good things to offer as well; friendly people, good food, good imitation watches, medications without prescriptions etc.

Columpuss
12-16-07, 06:01
The practice is not pertained to VN only, happened to me many times in Indo and Phil, especially the latter. Just waste your time but not your money, I always walk across the street and get another room. I only get [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) off when the room is not like the pictures on the web after you accepted it.

TheGun
02-07-08, 01:34
Hi Raxen,

I am heading to Ho Chi Minh City in about a month and wanted to get your contact information for the guy that hooked you up with some girls and the motor bike guy. Of course any other information would be apprcciated.

If you are there when I get there, I will spring for drinks for your kindness.

Thanks and have a great day.

Mr Dat tours has a little stable of girls. I met two and he said they were 19 and 21 although they looked about 23 and 28ish. Both were about a 6 and a 7. He also told me he "thinks" the price for overnight fun is $90USD but he'd have to ask the girl. I decided to pass, but he's a nice guy to talk to. He's located on the left just past the faerie spring bridge in the beginning of Mui Ne.

I met him through my motorbike driver whom I met as soon as I stepped of the bus in Mui Ne. After taking me to my hotel (for free because it was so close) I asked him to take me to a massage parlor. He took me for about a 20 minute ride to a place by the sand dunes. 130,000 VMD for a massage by a cute expressionless 22-year-old? girl. An extra 200K for a HJ and I wasn't able to let my hands wander too much. After a 5-hour bus ride, it was a good enough massage. I saw other cuties in there, but I never went back to try again.

If anyone wants the motobike guy's number (he was my driver for three days and rented me a moto for $5 one day) or Mr Dat's number, pm me.

I will repost this in the other areas as I have reports on Nha Trang, Hoi An and Danang as well. I will arrive in Saigon this afternoon.

Member #2041
02-08-08, 17:14
That said, Vietnam has lots of good things to offer as well; friendly people, good food, good imitation watches, medications without prescriptions etc.

Yes, especially good imitation watches. Incidentally, at the big market in central HCMC, I picked up 5 beautiful fakes of some of the finest Swiss brands. Not the commonplace Rolex, Omega, and Breitling fakes, but rather, quite good mechanical movement fakes of actual models of Vacheron Constantin, Patek Phillippe, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Breguet, and Audemars Piguet. And for under $30 each! Oh, and 5 months later, they are all still working!

OzzieSuds
02-08-08, 19:55
Yes, especially good imitation watches. Incidentally, at the big market in central HCMC, I picked up 5 beautiful fakes of some of the finest Swiss brands. Not the commonplace Rolex, Omega, and Breitling fakes, but rather, quite good mechanical movement fakes of actual models of Vacheron Constantin, Patek Phillippe, Jaeger-LeCoultre, Breguet, and Audemars Piguet. And for under $30 each! Oh, and 5 months later, they are all still working!

And some of the gals selling the watches are not half bad either!

Phordphan
02-18-08, 09:27
Hi,

Anyone know anything about the Elios hotel? I believe it's in District 1.

PM me if it's anything juicy! :-)

Thanx

PP

OzzieSuds
02-18-08, 10:47
Hi,

Anyone know anything about the Elios hotel? I believe it's in District 1.

PM me if it's anything juicy! :-)

Thanx

PP

Seams its brand new -or at least a new hotel in an old building. See below.

http://www.hotels-in-vietnam.com/hotels/saigon/elioshotel.html

LakeJune2004
02-19-08, 17:12
Hi,

Any one stay in Leduy Hotel or May Hotel in Q1 any comment.

Thanks

VanDammage
03-16-08, 13:30
Will be in HCM, was told I would be staying in a hotel called metro,.

Will be there for about 2 to 3 weeks.

Any body stayed here before?

Genji88
03-20-08, 10:27
I've read some reports from a couple of years back that this place is guest friendly. Can anybody confirm? Looks pretty nice and a more comfortable option than the usual $25 places.

Traveler1234
03-21-08, 01:47
I've read some reports from a couple of years back that this place is guest friendly. Can anybody confirm? Looks pretty nice and a more comfortable option than the usual $25 places.

Both somerset locations are GFE - i know from personal experience(s).

You can even have room service delivered up, no questions asked. You FL walks up to reception, gives your room number, they call you up to confirm, and they will escort her up for you :)

But book early, they are usually pretty full. On line prices start $150 for executive one bedroom unit.....www2.somerset.com

Genji88
03-21-08, 04:21
Thanks for your help!!

Both somerset locations are GFE - i know from personal experience(s).

You can even have room service delivered up, no questions asked. You FL walks up to reception, gives your room number, they call you up to confirm, and they will escort her up for you :)

But book early, they are usually pretty full. On line prices start $150 for executive one bedroom unit.....www2.somerset.com

Jacky33
03-22-08, 02:52
Traveler are you sure? I was just at the Somerset two months ago. All female guests of mines had to leave at 10pm. They keep the girls id up front.

Genji88
03-29-08, 01:13
Hey joe,

Which Somerset were you at? I just made a reservation. Did they allow overnight with an extra room?

Jacky33
03-29-08, 09:22
Its the somerset on Le Tan Thon. Pho 24 is across the street. Just have guest come before 10 then you shouldnt have a problem. I dont know about getting an extra room though.

Hey joe,

Which Somerset were you at? I just made a reservation. Did they allow overnight with an extra room?

Saigon Daze
03-30-08, 04:33
Its the somerset on Le Tan Thon. Pho 24 is across the street. Just have guest come before 10 then you shouldnt have a problem. I dont know about getting an extra room though.The Somerset isn't on Le Thanh Ton. The Somerset Chancellor Court is on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai and the Somerset HCMC is on Nguyen Binh Khiem.

Jacky33
04-01-08, 05:41
Oh yah my bad. Thanks for correcting me Saigon Daze. Its the Somerset on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai is where I stayed at.

The Somerset isn't on Le Thanh Ton. The Somerset Chancellor Court is on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai and the Somerset HCMC is on Nguyen Binh Khiem.

Traveler1234
04-01-08, 10:29
Traveler are you sure? I was just at the Somerset two months ago. All female guests of mines had to leave at 10pm. They keep the girls id up front.

There are two locations. In the past I stayed at Nguyen Binh Kherm - this is the older one with pool in the courtyard, small outdoor coffee shop. Had 2 bdrm unit, security even went out at 11 pm to get more condoms for me.

I was at newer unit, Chancellor Court, Nguyen Thi Minh Khai location this current trip around March 17-21 and a superstar walked in late afternoon, was escorted to elevator, swiped the key and up she went to her client....she was definitely a FL.

I'll ask reception or guest relations when I return and get confirmation on their regulations - that should clarify matters :)

OK, just talked with receptionist - you are right, check your ID at counter, must vacate by 10 pm. She indicated this applies to both location, rule has been always in place but because of 'recent' police crackdown on service apartments, they are now forced to be strict with the rules. I told her about the superstar I saw earlier this month and she laughed - we call up to ask them to leave at 10 pm

Genji88
04-02-08, 01:43
Thanks traveler,

Am leaving in a week and was hoping the somerset would be gf. Would they let guests stay past 10pm with an extra room?

Any other options for a nice hotel like this?

Traveler1234
04-02-08, 14:33
Thanks traveler,

Am leaving in a week and was hoping the somerset would be gf. Would they let guests stay past 10pm with an extra room?

Any other options for a nice hotel like this?

Sorry can't help with specific recommendation. As a general rule the 5 star (even 4 star) are not GF. Somerset was GF in the past, which is one reason why I stayed with them....but didn't know about recent change of rules.

I travel on business so even if I wanted to downgrade it would raise red flags with both office and home! A brief search should turn up past suggestions - I remember posts that offer not only GF hotel but where security will actually bring girls to you.

Loveseekerx
05-07-08, 11:26
Hi. I am going to HCMC this saturday.

Can any bro pls recommend me a girl friendly mini hotel (abt USD40) with massage parlour.

Thanks

VeryInterest
05-12-08, 17:04
I'm on my way to vn right now and haven't book a hotel yet, I tried finding a thread that showed which hotels to stay at but I couldn't find it.

Can anyone help me out?

Phordphan
05-13-08, 06:57
I'm on my way to vn right now and haven't book a hotel yet, I tried finding a thread that showed which hotels to stay at but I couldn't find it.

Can anyone help me out?You're not going to find too many specific names here. As it's still technically illegal to allow furriners and locals to spen the night together, it's not a good idea to name names.

Book a hotel online for a night or two. When you get there, ask the girls. They know all the GF hotels. Then relocate.

Next time, I will do the same.

PP

MadNomad
05-20-08, 20:36
Anyone know if this place place is guest friendly?

Also what is the current rate for a single. I read it was 5 bucks before (us) thanks for your help if you can

Madnomad

Fw190
07-28-08, 15:49
I need to check out serviced apartments in Saigon, in anticipation of an assignment there that will require me to stay nearly a month. The assumption is that an apartment will be cheaper than the daily rate at a 3 star hotel (paid for by my employer in either case).

If any of you "old-hands" have any thoughts regarding any specific serviced or long-term apartments, I'd be grateful. And as always, one important queston would be whether it's GF. Many thanks.

Traveler1234
07-28-08, 17:28
I need to check out serviced apartments in Saigon, in anticipation of an assignment there that will require me to stay nearly a month. The assumption is that an apartment will be cheaper than the daily rate at a 3 star hotel (paid for by my employer in either case).

Somerset has two locations but both now require 6 months or more for LT rate. Used to be GF but now after 10 pm, guest needs to leave.

If you go to flyertalk.com > travel & dining > Asia - do search for service apts in HCMC and you'll see a number of recommendations. None of the others available are as nice as Somerset....none as far as I know are GF for obvious reasons.

ExplorerGT
08-13-08, 22:18
hi,

stayed at new world hotel in july 2008. i required hi speed internet in room. paid appx $210per night with breakfast and free internet for executive floor with breakfast too. decent hotel. allow guests until 9pm. they just held onto girls id at front desk, but no problems at all. hotel is adjacent to catwalk. nice quality but a rip off. girls wanted almost $150 plus cost of short time hotel. would not lower rate even when i got up and left.

went across street to park. met lady who asked me what i was looking for. she made quick phone call and 3 girls in early 20's appeared with in 5-10 mins. cost of girl, short time hotel and tip for mamasan lady that made phone call appx $60-70usd. i met a few girls on internet about 30 days before i arrived. so i was pretty busy with them for 4 days. some no sex, some great sex. lol

thailand is much better and a lot less work. i find its easier and cheaper for viets in cambodia.

heading back to saigon and thailand again in october.

Sweet And Sour
08-14-08, 11:20
Hi ExplorerGT,

Thanks for the input and feedback about the New World Hotel. I will be going to Vietnam shortly and am currently looking into a few places to stay at. Was just wondering where you met those girls from before you arrived there? Seem to have met quite a few girls through skype and facebook myself lol.

Hope you have fun over there on your way back again.

Admin
09-09-08, 00:09
The Renaissance Riversie Hotel in Saigon in August 2008 had no problem with guests before 9:00 pm. Guests who arrive earlier in the day can go directly with you to your room. Guests who arrive in the evening are asked to leave their IDs at the front desk. At 9:00 pm if your guest is still visiting, the front desk will call with a polite reminder of the curfew.

Another suggestion is the Linh Hotel at 16 Mac Thi Buoi Street. Suites are about $50/night and overnight guests were not a problem.

OzzieSuds
09-09-08, 11:37
Please be aware that the hotels which are GF for overnight visits are very small establishments - often with less than 20 rooms. Furthermore they are able to provide this service because of on-going donations to the police charities and the like.

As such direct publicity is not a good thing for the twin reasons that it makes it more difficult to maintain the relationship with the charity concerned and it also means that they may get more business than they can effectively handle.

My suggestion is that we be a little discrete on the forum and only provide this sort of information on the PM system.

Jaimito Cartero
10-04-08, 13:32
Since my free stay at the Hyatt is coming to an end tomorrow, I went out this afternoon and checked out GF hotels in the BT market area. I just took a taxi, and got off when I spotted a hotel. All were GF, and had wireless access.

I got pricing between $19-$35 for normal rooms. Some had psuedo suites, or a "view" and wanted up to $50 for some of those.

Most were very friendly, all prices were inclusive of taxes and breakfast. For multiple night stays, they offered a 10% discount. I believe that I'll stay at a 3 star place, for $32 a night.

One thing that was interesting, is that I was shown a half dozen rooms at the hotels, with the occupants belongings in the room. So, not the most secure for your stuff.

Jaimito Cartero
10-14-08, 16:17
I stayed 4 nights at Lien An Sai Gon, 37-39-41 Le Ahn Xuan St. Dist 1. www.lienansaigonhotel.com (84-8) 827-2222

The lobby is pretty nice for the area. Listed as 3 star, but take that with a big grain of salt. Of the 6 or 7 places I checked out, it seemed the best, but ymmv. Normal rate of $35 per night, discounted to $32 per night for multiple nights. Includes some sort of breakfast, but I never made it down during operating hours.

Not a perfect stay, with some scalding water, and no wake up call issues.

I brought a HBT girl in one night, with no problems. Free wifi worked great all the time I was there. One cute maid.

Laundry service is reasonable, 5k for shirts. When I checked out, they didn't even charge me. So I'm not sure if the bottle of wine I gave the receptionist worked, or if they forgot. Nice and pleasant staff. Only downside is no safety box in the room.

Nice Hot Toc, to the right, next door.

Traveler1234
10-14-08, 18:02
Jaime:

Did you happen to see if this hotel was nearby yours?

Originally Posted by Dragonfly22
Xuan Loc Hotel on Le Anh Xuan st. Security guys will set you up. Some real beauties to be had. 500K 1 hr. not rushed.....100USD all night.

Dragonfly22
10-14-08, 23:30
Trav, Yes that hotel is just down the street from the 2 I've stayed in. The Hot Toc is in between, mind you it's not a place for extras as I've said before but just a good spot for a cheap better than average massage by a sweet 20 something. I've heard arrangements can be made for after hours and I'll definately check that out on my next trip in Dec. Report to follow.

Jaimito Cartero
10-15-08, 02:14
Jaime:

Did you happen to see if this hotel was nearby yours?

Originally Posted by Dragonfly22
Xuan Loc Hotel on Le Anh Xuan st. Security guys will set you up. Some real beauties to be had. 500K 1 hr. not rushed.....100USD all night.

It sounds familiar. Is it right on the corner? There was one that had $19 standard rooms that I stopped in at when I was checking hotels out. They were all full, and didn't offer to show me anything, so I never went back. If this is the place, they're only 50 feet apart.

SaltyDog
10-21-08, 21:38
Stayed at hotel by the Lan Lan and A&them. Guys you might avoid this area of hotels as there's lots of construction going on here. Because of the city being busy during the day all the construction work is being done at night, starting at about 8pm to allow trucks to come in and out of the areas where the new hotels will be built. When I looked outside my window on the 6th floor I could see 2 places under construction, 1 across the street and 1 next door. Not good sleep during the night so be sure to book carefully.

One hotel across the street got busted while I was sitting outside hotel smoking cig. 5 people got busted at hotel for running brothel and drugs. Next door at Lan Lan saw lots and I mean lots of stunners coming in motobikes and taxi's. I mean stunners. One I can remember was a tall chick wearing a shiny silver dress, almost looked like aluminum foil with same high heels. That hotel might be good place for some action if it wasn't for the new hotel being build next door. But what the heck, sleep during the day and avoid the heat.

Jon Jones
11-04-08, 23:32
Hoping that I can get some info and at the same time not drive up the prices for you locals.

I'll be staying at the Renaissance - I don't have a choice. I understand that there is a club attached. Club Royal?

It this Club a good one to pick-up some ladies? I'm just looking for a couple of hours of good service. (Shower, Massage, BBBJ) What's a reasonable price to pay?

Will the hotel enforce a 9PM limit for guests?

Any good AMPs nearby?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

OzzieSuds
11-05-08, 00:59
Hoping that I can get some info and at the same time not drive up the prices for you locals.

I'll be staying at the Renaissance - I don't have a choice. I understand that there is a club attached. Club Royal?

It this Club a good one to pick-up some ladies? I'm just looking for a couple of hours of good service. (Shower, Massage, BBBJ) What's a reasonable price to pay?

Will the hotel enforce a 9PM limit for guests?

Any good AMPs nearby?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Club Royale at the Renaissance is a high end KTV and the girls will start asking for US$200 plus for ST and can be bargained to US$100 if you try hard enough. But be aware that many are primma donnas. There is a 9pm curfew on guests in the hotel as detailed elsewhere in the forum.

What we have never discovered is whether you can leave Club Royale with your gal by the corridor on the first floor and go directly to the elevator and your room without going past reception.

Massage parlours in Saigon suck but Bar 29 is close by on Dong Khoi. So are the bars on Mac Thi Boui and Hai Bai Trung. This area has many smaller hotels where you can get a small windowless room for as little as $20.

Fw190
11-05-08, 02:32
Just spent a week in Hanoi (luckily got out before the heavy rains wreaked havoc with the airplane schedules). Didn't have any problem with gals at the hotel night club coming up to my room later in the evening. Paid more for the convenience, but I prefer that to riding around looking for a cheap windowless hotel room that I've never seen before. But it makes me wonder if the difference is that the powers-that-be are being paid off in Hanoi, but not in Saigon.

There is a 9pm curfew on guests in the hotel as detailed elsewhere in the forum.

What we have never discovered is whether you can leave Club Royale with your gal by the corridor on the first floor and go directly to the elevator and your room without going past reception.

Jon Jones
11-05-08, 19:22
Thanks. I'll do a report on the access question when I get back.

Should I expect that full payment be made in advance?

Club Royale at the Renaissance is a high end KTV and the girls will start asking for US$200 plus for ST and can be bargained to US$100 if you try hard enough. But be aware that many are primma donnas. There is a 9pm curfew on guests in the hotel as detailed elsewhere in the forum.

OzzieSuds
11-05-08, 23:04
Just spent a week in Hanoi (luckily got out before the heavy rains wreaked havoc with the airplane schedules). Didn't have any problem with gals at the hotel night club coming up to my room later in the evening. Paid more for the convenience, but I prefer that to riding around looking for a cheap windowless hotel room that I've never seen before. But it makes me wonder if the difference is that the powers-that-be are being paid off in Hanoi, but not in Saigon.

In Hanoi there are a couple of hotels with KTV/clubs on the premises and the girls from there are not barred by the management. One of these is the Fortuna where the gal follows you to your room using the service elevator.

In Hanoi there are a number of small GF hotels in the old Quarter.

Tall N Tan
11-21-08, 09:38
First off, I didn't know that most nice 4star+ hotels do not allow girls/visitors to come into the hotel after 10 pm. Unless you book another room for them.

So stay at a 3star hotel or play during the day.

I stayed at New World Hotel (5star). It was not the place to stay. Stay at May Hotel or Northern Hotel. (extra room charge is only $50 if you don't actually use the room).

KTV places. Catwalk and club Royale Catwalk always had a good lineup. Really nice interior. Found out that girls cannot leave the KTV until 1130 every night. Basically $20 tip to girl and $15/hour she sits with you. You can take most girls home, just not to your hotel.

Club Royale was ok, they had a lot of girls as well but I liked catwalk better.

Mini-Hotels

Basically you get there and they call the girls over, they arrive on the back of mopeds. 1or2 at a time. Cost is $50 per girl, includes the hotel for 1 hour. No tip necessary. But service is crap from these girls.

Massage Parlors

There are a ton, but basically just HJ. $30-40 tip. $30 for the massage or less. Service here is a little better than mini-hotels.

Clubs: Saigon Face (old Ozone), Apocalypse now, Lush, Volcano.

Volcano was my favorite but closed at 1230 every night. Saigon Face was open late and is nice. Apocalypse Now and Lush are filled with expats and kind of shady. A lot of working girls at all of them. The best looking were at Volcano and Saigon Face. $100 to take them to hotel for short term, plus hotel fee $30. Probably could get cheaper but was too wasted to negoiate.

Streetwalkers

A ton of them on mopeds will come around and ask to service you. Never tried this.

If I were to do it again, I would stay at a 3 star hotel go to Catwalk, find me a girl and have her spend the night. Perhaps have her for the whole week, and negotiate a lower rate. Service is so much better but it costs $200 for the girl to come over and spend the night usually.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Joe Nailer
11-21-08, 17:12
Massage Parlors

There are a ton, but basically just HJ. $30-40 tip. $30 for the massage or less. Service here is a little better than mini-hotels.

Tall N Tan, and probably conned.
$30-40 a HJ? I dont know which one you went, but that's far far too much.

It is usually 200,000VND ($12), I saw a local guy paying 100,000 ($6). A ticket is about 60,000 to 80,000.

But I understand these girls, usually from the rural southern provinces, make money only from tips. i.e they dont get a "salary". This means they have to do a HJ to earn some money. So this makes it the buyer's market.
But if they give a nice massage, and friendly you may incline to contribute a bit more.

OzzieSuds
11-22-08, 01:36
First off, I didn't know that most nice 4star+ hotels do not allow girls/visitors to come into the hotel after 10 pm. Unless you book another room for them.

So stay at a 3star hotel or play during the day.

I stayed at New World Hotel (5star). It was not the place to stay. Stay at May Hotel or Northern Hotel. (extra room charge is only $50 if you don't actually use the room).

KTV places. Catwalk and club Royale Catwalk always had a good lineup. Really nice interior. Found out that girls cannot leave the KTV until 1130 every night. Basically $20 tip to girl and $15/hour she sits with you. You can take most girls home, just not to your hotel.

Club Royale was ok, they had a lot of girls as well but I liked catwalk better.

Mini-Hotels

Basically you get there and they call the girls over, they arrive on the back of mopeds. 1or2 at a time. Cost is $50 per girl, includes the hotel for 1 hour. No tip necessary. But service is crap from these girls.

Massage Parlors

Clubs: Saigon Face (old Ozone), Apocalypse now, Lush, Volcano.

Volcano was my favorite but closed at 1230 every night. Saigon Face was open late and is nice. Apocalypse Now and Lush are filled with expats and kind of shady. A lot of working girls at all of them. The best looking were at Volcano and Saigon Face. $100 to take them to hotel for short term, plus hotel fee $30. Probably could get cheaper but was too wasted to negoiate.

Streetwalkers

A ton of them on mopeds will come around and ask to service you. Never tried this.

If I were to do it again, I would stay at a 3 star hotel go to Catwalk, find me a girl and have her spend the night. Perhaps have her for the whole week, and negotiate a lower rate. Service is so much better but it costs $200 for the girl to come over and spend the night usually.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Every one of these prices quoted by Tall N Tan is way over the top and if people believe these it will spoil the market. It is a great pity that he did not RTFF before venturing because this information is all there.

We definitely do NOT want this report in the Reports of Distinction!

Member #1164
12-13-08, 14:09
I'll be going to vietnam in late febuary and whats better club royale or catwalk?

Thx in advance

OzzieSuds
12-13-08, 20:33
Any GF 4-5 Star hotels?

I'll be going to vietnam in late febuary and whats better club royale or catwalk?

Thx in advance

In Vietnam that is an oxymoron.

Saigon Daze
12-15-08, 14:29
In Vietnam that is an oxymoron.

4*-5* hotels are apparently not off limits. My wife and I were staying at the Sheraton and ventured up to the nightclub. The guy sitting next to us hooked up with a local. After the bar closẻd, they make everyone take the elevator downstairs. Next thing I noticed was the guy sitting next to my wife and I getting off on the 14th floor together. He had his "rental" following him down the hallway. Not sure how he did it, but apparently its possible.

OzzieSuds
12-16-08, 03:46
4*-5* hotels are apparently not off limits. My wife and I were staying at the Sheraton and ventured up to the nightclub. The guy sitting next to us hooked up with a local. After the bar closẻd, they make everyone take the elevator downstairs. Next thing I noticed was the guy sitting next to my wife and I getting off on the 14th floor together. He had his "rental" following him down the hallway. Not sure how he did it, but apparently its possible.

Love to know how he did that. Was there a large crowd and she just sort of moved with the crowd?

Dragonfly22
12-19-08, 04:25
Stayed at my regular mini hotel on return to HCMC from Mui Ne. With my newly acquired friend in tow. Spent the night, she left her ID. Had just spent 2 days in MN with her. Later the next day the desk clerk, a cutie herself, asks..."how much you pay"' to which I reply "nothing". She then tells me girls usually cost 50$ ST and 100$ USD all night and she can make many introductions if interested. I was having no problems with getting mine for 3 days free. Well there was a 50k handbag and 100k taxi fee but all in all for 3 days of fun not bad. No problem when I left and no camping out on the hotel steps waiting for me either. My friend didn't have as good of luck with his having the usual sob story of the sick mother and having to borrow money.

Saigon Daze
12-20-08, 08:07
Love to know how he did that. Was there a large crowd and she just sort of moved with the crowd?

There were only the 4 of us in the elevator.

Mind Snatcher
05-17-09, 17:51
My first experience of 'massage Vietnam style' was very disappointing. It was at the FURAMA BEACH resort in Da Nang, and cost $25 for 45 minutes (official rate including tax). The lady was very short, middle aged, rather rough and there was no hint of a rapprochement of either the physical or emotional variety. I then spent a few days in the GRAND in the centre of Saigon, where when checking in I was handed a voucher for a 10% discount off the in-house massage service. So decided to explore. One hour massage was priced at 160,000 dong, thus just about $8 with the discount. Seemed too good to resist. And wow, the masseuse was stunning. Very pretty, extremely short skirt, looked 'up for it' in every way. Said her name was Tao (but see below before booking her).

Well this was an entirely different type of massage, very sensual, and soon she was rubbing her long bare arms against my waist and ... asking if I would like something special (her English was better than average, too). She offered to go topless, let me touch her anywhere and - it would end in hand relief. There was a small window in the door and nothing more would be possible. Then she wanted to know how much I would tip her. I offered $20, to which she responded with the odd look the Vietnamese often put on: a quaint mixture of an amused smirk with a dash of pity or disdain. Said she normally took $70 or $80. I wasn't going to pay London prices and cooled off at that point. But she backed down and eventually we agreed on $35, but all this haggling had put me off my stroke and although she kept going for the full hour and did what she promised it wasn't quite the uplifting experience I had hoped for.

Still, next day I was more relaxed & thought I knew what to expect now, and armed with $35 bucks I booked another massage with 'Tao', fully expecting to get to know her properly and do things in a more relaxed atmosphere. It was not to be. Told she was busy and to come back in half an hour. So waited in small room with window until Tao walked in and began her operations, and it dawned on me that this was a different girl. Shorter, less sexy, poor English. But by now she had started a massage (which was ok, nothing special) and after struggling to make myself understood she told me the awful truth: there were two girls called 'Tao' working in the same establishment!!!! To make things worse, she then kept muttering something like 'sorry I am not the girl you wanted' etc., etc.

Of course Tao Nr. 2 also began tickling my jewels, but made no attempt to undress or let me explore her assets. She gave unexceptional hand relief while pretending to do a straight massage - and here's the other odd bit to the story: there was no talk of a tip!!! Kept going for the full hour, and then left the room. I caught up with her in the corridor and gave her $20 and she seemed quite surprised and very pleased! Curious place, this Vietnam.

Johndao
05-18-09, 04:31
there was no talk of a tip!!! Kept going for the full hour, and then left the room. I caught up with her in the corridor and gave her $20 and she seemed quite surprised and very pleased! Curious place, this Vietnam.No talk of a tip is standard. Any talk of a talk is a rip-off aimed at presumably rich and/or ignorant foreign tourists. Of course she was surprised. $20 or 350,000 Dong is an insanely large tip for a massage with HJ.

Remember, any price anybody tells your for anything here is subject to question. You must learn to totally block out what anyone tells you regarding prices and make only your own judgments on the value, on what YOU want to pay.

Mind Snatcher
05-19-09, 17:13
No talk of a tip is standard. Any talk of a talk is a rip-off aimed at presumably rich and/or ignorant foreign tourists. Of course she was surprised. $20 or 350,000 Dong is an insanely large tip for a massage with HJ.

Remember, any price anybody tells your for anything here is subject to question. You must learn to totally block out what anyone tells you regarding prices and make only your own judgments on the value, on what YOU want to pay.

Well, Tao Number 1 *absolutely* refused to go below $35 and still tried to squeeze a bit more out of me when I was paying her. And you can't compare rates in a four star hotel where drinks cost 100,000 dong with what you would pay in a back-street.

OzzieSuds
05-19-09, 22:43
Well, Tao Number 1 *absolutely* refused to go below $35 and still tried to squeeze a bit more out of me when I was paying her. And you can't compare rates in a four star hotel where drinks cost 100,000 dong with what you would pay in a back-street.

Rule of thumb - if the service is costing VND160,000 then the 'tip' should be no more than that.

A few years ago I went to the Grand massage a few times - my recollection was that it was VND100,000. I was lured in by a couple of gals that I met in Orchard Tower in Singapore. Forgot the names.

Johndao
05-20-09, 03:44
Well, Tao Number 1 *absolutely* refused to go below $35 and still tried to squeeze a bit more out of me when I was paying her. And you can't compare rates in a four star hotel where drinks cost 100,000 dong with what you would pay in a back-street.Ok Mind Snatcher, I get it, you're a four-star guy all the way. $35 hand jobs, $6 drinks, hi-class kind of dude. Yes, you wouldn't want to get your hand job or your drink off Dong Khoi St. now, would you?

JD

More Lamour
07-24-09, 04:30
Having been around the Far East for the last 2 years this is my first visit to Vietnam, after reading the various reports it does not sound to be a fun place to visit.
I am staying at the Caravelle tommorow night in Ho Chi Minh but think I will cut my stay short and head back to Singapore, more expensive but a lot more fun.
Basically I am looking for something similar to "Brix" in Singapore, yes pricey for everything but you are only on this planet once so if anyone knows of a similar Hotel / Bar in Ho Chi Minh please let me know.

Wendella
07-24-09, 10:32
Basically I am looking for something similar to "Brix" in Singapore, yes pricey for everything but you are only on this planet once so if anyone knows of a similar Hotel / Bar in Ho Chi Minh please let me know.
There's a good chance many here haven't been to this Brix, so can you describe it so we have a better idea what you mean?

Lakeoffire1
07-24-09, 20:57
Having been around the Far East for the last 2 years this is my first visit to Vietnam, after reading the various reports it does not sound to be a fun place to visit.

I am staying at the Caravelle tommorow night in Ho Chi Minh but think I will cut my stay short and head back to Singapore, more expensive but a lot more fun.
Basically I am looking for something similar to "Brix" in Singapore, yes pricey for everything but you are only on this planet once so if anyone knows of a similar Hotel / Bar in Ho Chi Minh please let me know.It's fun here! Just you have to know where to go, as for sure there is no roadsign like in Thailand.

I agree with Wendella, can you describe more what is the "Brix" because a lot of people here haven't even been to Singapore, so Brix it's another story. But if you want pricey one apparently. It's full of working girls in all the night club, mainly apocalypse, but I will recommend you "Lush" on Ly Tu Trong Street, There is pretty good model there, but I guess it's pricey. But some more experimented guy might recommend you some other place.

Anyway have fun here and don't start to come here backward or that will be a loosy trip.

OzzieSuds
07-25-09, 01:35
There's a good chance many here haven't been to this Brix, so can you describe it so we have a better idea what you mean?

Brix is an upscale bar in the basement of the Marriot Hotel in Singapore. Many europeans and others that you would not expect to find in Singapore but also many Thais and Viets. But they are all dressed to kill and loaded with jewelery and that shouts ''prima donna'' and ''commercial'' to me.

Early evening asking prices are S$4-500 and they might drop to S$300 (US$200) later but the very same gals can be seen at Orchard Tower in early morning offering for S$200.

Nearest to this in Saigon would be Catwalk or Club Royale but these are expensive places to drink and choose from. They start out asking US$200 and are slow to come down. Definitely ''prima donnas''.

You can also find similar ladies up at the roof bar in the Caravelle but you will have to play hide and seek with the security to get her to your room. Similar bar atop Sheraton.

Quite frankly if you can only focus on places like this then you had better retreat to Singapore and leave more of the sweet and natural Vietnamese gals to me and Wendella!

Pulau Ubin
07-25-09, 03:07
Just correcting an error: BRIX is in the basement of the Hyatt hotel not the Marriot. Also prices in BRIX are lower these days. Two days ago I was quoted S$ 200 for ST by Vietnamese stunner around 11 pm. Business is not that good it seems.

OzzieSuds
07-25-09, 04:52
Just correcting an error: BRIX is in the basement of the Hyatt hotel not the Marriot. Also prices in BRIX are lower these days. Two days ago I was quoted S$ 200 for ST by Vietnamese stunner around 11 pm. Business is not that good it seems.

Thanks Pulau - you can tell by my comments that I don't go there often!

Wendella
07-25-09, 07:50
For people who are here and do that club scene, Apocalypse Now is definitely not the disco of choice. They (not me, its not my scene) tend to go to Gossip or another one called Volcano (just changed name to Pink Cadillac). All of Sudsoz's other options look correct, tho Catwalk and Royale are quite pricey.

It'd still be great to hear what it is about this Brix that this guy likes or hopes to find here.

How much is Singapore $200 worth, by the way?

Pulau Ubin
07-25-09, 10:50
1 USD should be around 1.45 SGD these days

07-30-09, 08:58
For people who are here and do that club scene, Apocalypse Now is definitely not the disco of choice. They (not me, its not my scene) tend to go to Gossip or another one called Volcano (just changed name to Pink Cadillac). All of Sudsoz's other options look correct, tho Catwalk and Royale are quite pricey.

It'd still be great to hear what it is about this Brix that this guy likes or hopes to find here.

How much is Singapore $200 worth, by the way?

Aproxiamtely VND 2.4MIL +/-.

AS for Catwalk and Royale, do note that not all will go out with customers. You have to discreetly ask the girl and if she syas no, too bad, you can't complain to the Mamasan.

Explorerman
08-09-09, 08:48
Hey

Does anyone have experience with the Le Duy hotel? Is it gf? I heard so, but on the hotel booking page, it says it requires a marriage certificate for booking between Vietnamese and foreigner.

OzzieSuds
08-09-09, 10:20
Hey

Does anyone have experience with the Le Duy hotel? Is it gf? I heard so, but on the hotel booking page, it says it requires a marriage certificate for booking between Vietnamese and foreigner.

I see it being quoted at $40 for basic rooms and $50 plus for the better ones.

Right now all the regular GF hotels are at least $15-20 under this.

It is also in a prominent location opposite the New World Hotel.

So I suspect that you will have trouble.

Explorerman
08-09-09, 11:55
I see it being quoted at $40 for basic rooms and $50 plus for the better ones.

Right now all the regular GF hotels are at least $15-20 under this.

It is also in a prominent location opposite the New World Hotel.

So I suspect that you will have trouble.

Thanks. Any suggestions? I have a GF lady who wants to spend the night with me this week on my visit.... :) I want to be sure it is as nice a place as possible, but also get her in. She insists that it needs to be a place that accepts her to check-in, so she does not have to sneak around or look like a call-girl.... Her words basically.... :)

LakeJune2004
08-09-09, 20:30
Hey

Does anyone have experience with the Le Duy hotel? Is it gf? I heard so, but on the hotel booking page, it says it requires a marriage certificate for booking between Vietnamese and foreigner.I stay at le Duy May 2008 the hotel is GF freindly, the coffee syand in front of the hotel also can hook you up with some girl if you need, some the security guy also can help you with girl, I do not like the hotel because it book with big group of touris, and they over books the room, then they may ask you to another hotel nearby.

Explorerman
08-10-09, 02:52
I stay at le Duy May 2008 the hotel is GF freindly, the coffee syand in front of the hotel also can hook you up with some girl if you need, some the security guy also can help you with girl, I do not like the hotel because it book with big group of touris, and they over books the room, then they may ask you to another hotel nearby.

Thanks. Good to know on hook-up, but I have a local Saigon GF I'd like to bring there, so no need this time. She will keep me plenty busy! OK, I will give it a try.....

AdHome01
08-10-09, 08:35
Thanks. Any suggestions? I have a GF lady who wants to spend the night with me this week on my visit.... :) I want to be sure it is as nice a place as possible, but also get her in. She insists that it needs to be a place that accepts her to check-in, so she does not have to sneak around or look like a call-girl.... Her words basically.... :)

I stayed here with a gf a few months ago. No problems as long as she checks in with you. My experience anyway.

http://www.chudu24.com/khach-san/787f3cd9-0a65-45bb-aaea-b39ac8966f86/spring.html

Jimymn
08-17-09, 19:55
Need some help. I will be in HCM in Sept for a 5 day stay w/ my gf (Thai). We will be staying at the Park Hyatt (paid by work). Now here's the catch. She wants tp bring her friend. As I will be working all day. I said ok, the fare's not too expensive. But she can't stay with us (too bad as she's a cutie! ) and I'm not paying for another room at the PH!

So can someone recommend a small hotel, walking distance to the Opera House area, that would be comfortable/safe for a single female to stay. And with the price right. Hopefully not more than $30-40. I've only been to HCM once a few years ago and stayed at the Caravelle.

Much appreciated.

Jimy

Peterpanabc
08-18-09, 01:47
Plenty of hotels nearby, look for any of the hotels around the dong khoi area or close to Ben Thanh Market.

Perhaps Asian Ruby 2 - have stayed here myself a few times.

oR Lan Lan 1 Hotel

Check out Agoda.

Oh and if this Thai friend needs someone to show her around or you want taking off your hands for a day let me know and I can take her on a tour around the city.

OzzieSuds
08-18-09, 10:35
So can someone recommend a small hotel, walking distance to the Opera House area, that would be comfortable/safe for a single female to stay. And with the price right. Hopefully not more than $30-40.

There are a number of smaller hotels on Thi Sach which is quite close by.

Be interested to know how you get on bringing your Thai baggage into the Hyatt.

Jimymn
08-18-09, 17:10
Thanks for the suggestions Peter & Suds.

Be interested to know how you get on bringing your Thai baggage into the Hyatt.Yeah I have considered that. I hope that the fact that we are arriving together, and that she will be registered in the room will be ok.

I thought the problem was with a unmarried Vietnamese lady trying to stay with a foreigner. If it becomes a problem then I guess we will all be staying in one of the smaller hotels/guest-houses!!

Johndao
08-19-09, 04:16
There are a number of smaller hotels on Thi Sach which is quite close by.

Be interested to know how you get on bringing your Thai baggage into the Hyatt.
There is only a problem in Vietnam with a foreigner and a Vietnamese staying in a hotel together. There is never a problem with two foreigners staying together.
JD

Lakeoffire1
08-20-09, 13:17
Need some help. I will be in HCM in Sept for a 5 day stay w/ my gf (Thai). We will be staying at the Park Hyatt (paid by work). Now here's the catch. She wants tp bring her friend. As I will be working all day. I said ok, the fare's not too expensive. But she can't stay with us (too bad as she's a cutie! ) and I'm not paying for another room at the PH!

So can someone recommend a small hotel, walking distance to the Opera House area, that would be comfortable/safe for a single female to stay. And with the price right. Hopefully not more than $30-40. I've only been to HCM once a few years ago and stayed at the Caravelle.

Much appreciated.

JimyIf the friend is really a heavy weight for you, and really cute, i can help!!hehe!But I can't promise that she will sleep then...^^

Concerning you and your gf, don't worry, as Susdoz said, there is no problem between foreigner, i'm sure they can also allow the 2 girls to sleep with you...too bad that your gf don't want to share.

Member #1453
08-26-09, 03:06
Planning to stay there during HCMC visit in Dec. Any experience there? Looking to pull a VN gf or two during that time. Also like to visit Nha Trang and Vung Tao. Been to all of these places 12 yrs ago, and want to relive happy times. However, my GF from then is now in Zurich. So on my own.

AdHome01
08-27-09, 18:03
If anyone is looking for a nice 3 star GF hotel PM me. I've stayed at few this week and never had and problem with girls spending the night...and no fees/extra room. Don't want to post to open forum.

Also, the Caravelle allows girls up until 11:00 pm now. Can't rememeber if someone has already posted this info.

Eastwood777
12-06-09, 15:19
Hi,

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good 4 or 5 star hotel in HCMC that allows girls in but is not an obvious monger establishment? I am going to Nam for a business trip but would also like to relax.

Any comments would be greatly appreciate.

Gagoo
12-08-09, 12:49
I'll be at the Asian Ruby 2 for my first ever trip to Vietnam. I have mongered just about everywhere else.

What's close by to this hotel, and any curfews for when I can bring a girl in to my room?

Craving
12-16-09, 04:24
I will be flying in HCM City from 26. 29 Dec. Looking for 3 star GF hotel, anyone can recommend?

Any bro will be there during that period can also pm me, I would love to join in the fun.

Monster Fish
12-23-09, 14:07
Compliments of the season my brothers. I too am looking for a GF hotel in the district 1 area. I would really appreciate any and all advice.

If I don't get any, this is what I plan on doing.

Based on Tall and Tan's report I plan to check into northern hotel for a day. And then grope my way around, then get some advise fm the gals and check into a GF place for the other 2 days that I am there.

'tis the season to be jolly. Pl share any info. Cheers

Ps: am there fm the 4th to the 7th of jan. Then off to BKK. Yay!

AdHome01
02-01-10, 22:16
Can any one recommend a decent hotel in district 8? Cant find anything online. Don't care of gf or not. Can pm me if you want.

Many thanks!

Ad

Raverboy
02-02-10, 11:09
Can any one recommend a decent hotel in district 8? Cant find anything online. Don't care of gf or not...

I doubt you'd find any hotels in D8 online.

Cross the bridge heading southbound on Nguyen Van Cu from D1 to D8. Road turns into Ba Trac, D8. Continue straight till you pass the second bridge (cau Kenh Xang). You will get to a roundabout. At this roundabout, if you turn left onto Duong So 4, there are a few Vietnamese-no-star hotels in the neighbourhood. If you continue straight, road turns into Duong So 9A connecting to Nguyen Van Linh in D7.

Good luck!

Riverstar
02-11-10, 03:29
I notice that the question of GF friendly hotels in HCMC is often asked but never answered, there must be someone out there who can help?

Dragonfly22
02-11-10, 13:47
Riv,
Most 2 and 3 star hotels are GF, just be discreet and they will ask for her ID till morning. I have had no problems anywhere in Vn so far at most small hotels. Have never been asked to book another room either. Some mongers may not want to name names because officials may be reading the forum also.

Dragonfly

Abcd911
03-07-10, 08:16
Hi guys,

I am searching for a 3 stars or so in HCM city that is GF friendly. I've been searching around the web and it seems that all the hotels are restricted w/ no female companions w/o marriage license. I am looking to have some fun over there. Anyone with any good recommendation with hotels in VN?

Thank alot

Lee

OzzieSuds
03-08-10, 00:37
Hi guys,

I am searching for a 3 stars or so in HCM city that is GF friendly. I've been searching around the web and it seems that all the hotels are restricted w/ no female companions w/o marriage license. I am looking to have some fun over there. Anyone with any good recommendation with hotels in VN?

Thank alot

Lee

RTFF - scroll down and more than adequate information is revealed.

Luvpuss
03-30-10, 23:15
Wow. I did not know about this. I have tried to register at several hotels for 2 people. I am going to meet a VN girl in HCMC. They are sending me back emails stating "under VN law, if you are staying in a hotel with a VN girl, you must present a marriage certificate".

Anybody have experience with this?

Wendella
03-31-10, 06:19

You mean being married?

Need to just research and find a girl-friendly hotel. Read the thread.

OzzieSuds
03-31-10, 20:40
Wow. I did not know about this. I have tried to register at several hotels for 2 people. I am going to meet a VN girl in HCMC. They are sending me back emails stating "under VN law, if you are staying in a hotel with a VN girl, you must present a marriage certificate".

If you RTFF back a bit there is info on GF hotels. Thi Sach, Mac Thi Boui and other areas. Anything under $40 will do.

No need to register 2 people - just front with your gal, she give ID to reception and you go upstairs.

Ketilang
04-01-10, 05:38
If you RTFF back a bit there is info on GF hotels. Thi Sach, Mac Thi Boui and other areas. Anything under $40 will do.

No need to register 2 people - just front with your gal, she give ID to reception and you go upstairs.My experience, tery Blue Diamond Hotel or Kingston at Dist 1. You can bring your gal. They will ask you to take one 'room' with a key. Ask her to 'check-in' into the room and you can stay at your room. Things after that is up to both of you.

Address: 145-147 Ly Tu Trong Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, District 1. City center

Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam

I Like Pussy
04-02-10, 17:40
Do Park Haytt hotel and Sheraton hotel in HCMC is girl friendly?

I prefer to stay in 4 or 5 star hotel when I travel.

I Like Pussy
04-02-10, 21:35
I wonder why my reply that i posted here few hours ago doesn't show here.

Anyway, is it okay to bring different girls if I want to stay at Park Hyatt and Sheraton hotel? When I travel, staying in 4 or more stars hotel for me it's very important.

I'm an Asian guy in my late 20's. Is it safe and fun for me to be traveling alone in HCMC? Looking for advise.

Thanks

BionicMan
04-03-10, 01:14
I wonder why my reply that i posted here few hours ago doesn't show here.

Anyway, is it okay to bring different girls if I want to stay at Park Hyatt and Sheraton hotel? When I travel, staying in 4 or more stars hotel for me it's very important.

I'm an Asian guy in my late 20's. Is it safe and fun for me to be traveling alone in HCMC? Looking for advise.

Thanks
I think that until you get the Senior Member status your posts are moderated, ie somebody supervises them and then approves for them being visible.
The ISG rules might mention this
On the specific subject of GF hotels it is my understanding that HCMC hotels are quite non-GF or put time limitation to have a gues in the room (something like 9pm or so)

I Like Pussy
04-03-10, 02:00
I think that until you get the Senior Member status your posts are moderated, ie somebody supervises them and then approves for them being visible.

The ISG rules might mention this.

On the specific subject of GF hotels it is my understanding that HCMC hotels are quite non-GF or put time limitation to have a gues in the room (something like 9pm or so)Really? Then how these mongers bring girls to hotels?

OzzieSuds
04-03-10, 22:16
Really? Then how these mongers bring girls to hotels?

RTFF and you will discover the deal.

OzzieSuds
04-03-10, 22:16
Do Park Haytt hotel and Sheraton hotel in HCMC is girl friendly?

I prefer to stay in 4 or 5 star hotel when I travel.

Definitely not GF.

I Like Pussy
04-03-10, 23:53
RTFF and you will discover the deal.RTFF means??

Wendella
04-04-10, 06:45
rtff means??

you have entered the land of forum where abbreviations are often used, and the burden is on yourself to click on the link above that says "abbreviations" and find out. get ready, cuz there's more of them to come, and its always gonna be your responsibility to do a bit of looking around to get up to speed.

but basically, you're supposed to read back a bit before asking a very basic question like your original one.

it comes across as lazy/inconsiderate to ask the same question that's been answered here many times without bothering to read what's been written on the topic.

I Like Pussy
04-04-10, 19:58
you have entered the land of forum where abbreviations are often used, and the burden is on yourself to click on the link above that says "abbreviations" and find out. get ready, cuz there's more of them to come, and its always gonna be your responsibility to do a bit of looking around to get up to speed.

but basically, you're supposed to read back a bit before asking a very basic question like your original one.

it comes across as lazy/inconsiderate to ask the same question that's been answered here many times without bothering to read what's been written on the topic.i did punch in park hyatt and sheraton hotel in the forum, but didn't find the answer. that's why i posted here, and hope no ******* will reply with smart ass comment. but, my hope just went out of the window.

Wendella
04-05-10, 05:25
Not meant to be smart ass, if I wanted to do that it would have been much harsher. Anyway -- not just a narrow search but actually reading ("rtff" means "read the f*$%ing forum" -- not always meant necessarily as a putdown despite the F-word in there) you would've soon seen posts mentioning that 4 and 5 star hotels here are all non-GF. It just means you need to go find another GF hotel then, which will be one that's 3 star and under then. But not all are, so you have to check explicitly with staff at the hotel. There's probly some mentions in this thread of specific ones that are GF, I dunno cuz I don't use em, I live here. If you want to stay in one of your chosen hotels, then you can just get a short time hotel to go do the deed in as needed, which might be $20 or so for a ST, more for LT. If you're paying for a 5 star, thats beans to you.

Anyway, no big deal -- it's obvious you're new at this (not knowing the typical abbreviations was the giveaway).

AdHome01
04-09-10, 21:18
Can anyone recommend a hotel for under $35 that has a balcony? It doesn't matter if it's gf or not as long as the room has a balcony/terrace. It can also be anywhere in D1, D4 or D7. With my limited free time I've looked around but can't find anything.

Many thanks!

OzzieSuds
04-09-10, 22:25
Can anyone recommend a hotel for under $35 that has a balcony? It doesn't matter if it's gf or not as long as the room has a balcony/terrace. It can also be anywhere in D1, D4 or D7. With my limited free time I've looked around but can't find anything.

Many thanks!

Most of the GF hotels mentioned here will fit that bill. Try place loke Kim Long, and Bach Sen on Mac Thi Boui.

Devils 1
04-20-10, 19:25
My experience, tery Blue Diamond Hotel or Kingston at Dist 1. You can bring your gal. They will ask you to take one 'room' with a key. Ask her to 'check-in' into the room and you can stay at your room. Things after that is up to both of you.

Address: 145-147 Ly Tu Trong Street, Ben Thanh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, District 1. City center

Ho Chi Minh City, Viet NamWould a hotel like this be nice enough to stay in full time or is it strictly for ST fun?

If i am not explaining this what i am trying to do is find a nice place to stay (i understand they are 3 star and lower) that are also GF. I have RTFF but i cannot get the comprehension of what the true level of a 3 Star really is.

OzzieSuds
04-20-10, 22:21
Would a hotel like this be nice enough to stay in full time or is it strictly for ST fun?

If i am not explaining this what i am trying to do is find a nice place to stay (i understand they are 3 star and lower) that are also GF. I have RTFF but i cannot get the comprehension of what the true level of a 3 Star really is.I stay regularly in the no star hotels.

They are comfortable enough with internet etc that works.

Devils 1
04-26-10, 00:21
Could someone recommend the best 3 star in District 1.

All things considered dont really care about the food in the hotel as it seems there is plenty of good food nearby. Good internet connection would be nice but not important.

I really care about some place with a nice big bed, clean and lots of A/C, and safe.

Raverboy
04-26-10, 05:56
Could someone recommend the best 3 star in District 1.

All things considered dont really care about the food in the hotel as it seems there is plenty of good food nearby. Good internet connection would be nice but not important.

I really care about some place with a nice big bed, clean and lots of A/C, and safe.

Why get fixated on the star rating? This is Vietnam, the Michelin Guides and such don't apply here. Vietnamese 3 star rating is probably equivalent to a 1 star rating in the 1st world countries or in North America.

From how I understand the star ratings to work, you need a pool, gym and spa facilities in order to get a 5-star rating. You should see the joke of a pool some of these so-called '5-star' establishments in Saigon have.

Get here, look around and explore on your own. You'll get it.

Johndao
04-26-10, 09:23
Why get fixated on the star rating? This is Vietnam, the Michelin Guides and such don't apply here. Vietnamese 3 star rating is probably equivalent to a 1 star rating in the 1st world countries or in North America.

From how I understand the star ratings to work, you need a pool, gym and spa facilities in order to get a 5-star rating. You should see the joke of a pool some of these so-called '5-star' establishments in Saigon have.

Get here, look around and explore on your own. You'll get it.
Yes, Raverboy is right, Star ratings (as most things here) do not follow international standards. So-called Five Star Hotels like the REX (state-owned) and the Sofitel (locally owned, managed by Accor) would probable be 4 stars elsewhere with Rex maybe at 3 star.
JD

Hollow Man
05-01-10, 20:23
Met a chick who is up for banging but my hotel wouldn't allow her in as she was viet (a waitress I been hitting on for a few weeks). Which hotels can I use as a ST hotel? I read that there are some chick friendly hotels but I didn't see any names or addresses.

also I would rather spend 15 and below for the room.

I am usually at work so I never got the chance to sightsee Saigon, if I can't get a hotel name/loc then can someone tell me how to spot a ST hotel and what is the process (do I enter first then her later?)

OzzieSuds
05-02-10, 02:45
Hi guys,

I regularly stay at the cheap GF hotels around Mac Thi Boui area and regularly conduct business meetings in the Renaissance Hotel. Never been a problem - but we do get tea or something for each person.

I would expect the Majestic to be the same.

OzzieSuds
05-02-10, 02:50
Met a chick who is up for banging but my hotel wouldn't allow her in as she was viet (a waitress I been hitting on for a few weeks). Which hotels can I use as a ST hotel? I read that there are some chick friendly hotels but I didn't see any names or addresses.

also I would rather spend 15 and below for the room.

I am usually at work so I never got the chance to sightsee Saigon, if I can't get a hotel name/loc then can someone tell me how to spot a ST hotel and what is the process (do I enter first then her later?)

There are many small hotels around that are GF and some general information is given earlier in this thread and before that in the general thread. These are very small places and deal with the cops so no names!

Ketilang
05-03-10, 05:06
I am planning to go HCM in 14/05/2010. Thinking of staying at MAI Hotel. Need advise whether this hotel is GF and safe. Pls advise.

Thanks

OzzieSuds
05-03-10, 09:42
I am planning to go HCM in 14/05/2010. Thinking of staying at MAI Hotel. Need advise whether this hotel is GF and safe. Pls advise.

Thanks

Don't know it - got any more detail.

BionicMan
05-03-10, 11:36

Thanks
more experienced members will most likely answer better, but my understanding in general has been that few hotels are GF.
There is a rule, quite enforced, of no 'local' guests after 11pm (if not even earlier).
my 2 cents in case you do not get better comments

BionicMan
05-03-10, 11:40

Many thanks!
hope you do not require the balcony to jump off! :)

AdHome01
05-03-10, 13:30

Thanks

If you're talking about MAI GIA HUY on Truong Dinh, send me a PM and I'll give you the details.

AdHome01
05-03-10, 18:11
hope you do not require the balcony to jump off! :)

I ended up stay in a nice 1 star hotel on Duong in D7. Good location if you want to get away from the city. Very quiet, clean, karaoke (no extras), restaurants and close to river. Most hotels on the street offer hourly rates (30k for 1 hour) with no problems bringing a friend. The hotels are not sleazy and great location if you're looking to relax.

My room had a balcony, mini bar, flat screen (w/good cable), AC and nice bathroom for 250k a night. Also, good and cheap room service (food only). As a bonus they have a painting of a naked Viet girl in every room (see pic). Must be someone's wife or gf, all are real paintings and of the same girl. Also had bed level mirror, if you're into that.

Feel free to PM me for names and questions.

Ketilang
05-04-10, 06:57
If you're talking about MAI GIA HUY on Truong Dinh, send me a PM and I'll give you the details.I mean MAI Hotel where the is a restaurant (MALAYSIAN) beside it. It is a walking distant from this hotel to Saigon Halal, Mosque and Saigon Hotel. Would like to know what is the rate also and of course if this hotel is GF.

Thanks

Johndao
05-04-10, 09:01
I ended up stay in a nice 1 star hotel on Duong in D7. Good location if you want to get away from the city. Very quiet, clean, karaoke (no extras), restaurants and close to river. Most hotels on the street offer hourly rates (30k for 1 hour) with no problems bringing a friend. The hotels are not sleazy and great location if you're looking to relax.

My room had a balcony, mini bar, flat screen (w/good cable), AC and nice bathroom for 250k a night. Also, good and cheap room service (food only). As a bonus they have a painting of a naked Viet girl in every room (see pic). Must be someone's wife or gf, all are real paintings and of the same girl. Also had bed level mirror, if you're into that.

Feel free to PM me for names and questions.Which street was it on and what was the name of the hotel?
JD

AdHome01
05-04-10, 13:40
Which street was it on and what was the name of the hotel?
JD

Sent you a PM with hotel details.

OzzieSuds
05-04-10, 21:09
Which street was it on and what was the name of the hotel?
JD

I would be interested too.

OzzieSuds
05-04-10, 21:13
I mean MAI Hotel where the is a restaurant (MALAYSIAN) beside it. It is a walking distant from this hotel to Saigon Halal, Mosque and Saigon Hotel. Would like to know what is the rate also and of course if this hotel is GF.

Thanks

I have Singaporean clients in HCMC so I would be interested in this place. Do you have a street address? A search brings up many options.

I found this one on Thi Sach but don't think there is a Malaysian restaurant near there.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/vietnam/ho_chi_minh_city/mai_hotel.html

AdHome01
05-04-10, 22:22
I would be interested too.

Sent you a PM with the info.

Raverboy
05-05-10, 04:52
I have Singaporean clients in HCMC so I would be interested in this place. Do you have a street address? A search brings up many options.

I found this one on Thi Sach but don't think there is a Malaysian restaurant near there.

http://www.agoda.com/asia/vietnam/ho_chi_minh_city/mai_hotel.html

Sorry Sudsoz - I couldnt help but wonder how having Singaporean clients in HCMC has anything to do with a hotel being near a Malaysian restaurant?

Black Panda
05-05-10, 05:26

http://www.agoda.com/asia/vietnam/ho_chi_minh_city/mai_hotel.htmlThere is a Malaysian restaurant on Thi Sach.

Next to Apocalypse.

Member #2234
05-05-10, 05:31
Singapore and Malaysia are very close, I think he probably wants to treat his clients to some Malaysian/Singaporean food

Ketilang
05-05-10, 06:20
Singapore and Malaysia are very close, I think he probably wants to treat his clients to some Malaysian/Singaporean foodThere are many restaurants like this in HCM. Try Bombay, Halal Saigon at the same row with Saigon Hotel. Saigon Hotel located infront of the mosque. Behind the mosque also have a restaurant with nice curry. Or else, you can have a walk to Four Season Restaurant as you go out of the mosque take left, until you reach a T-junction. You can clearly see the restaurant. Beside this restaurant is the MAI hotel which I mean in this forum.

Anybody can confirm if this hotel is GF? And how much is the room's rate?

OzzieSuds
05-05-10, 06:20
Singapore and Malaysia are very close, I think he probably wants to treat his clients to some Malaysian/Singaporean food

Gotcha - and the one on Thi Sach is crappy.

Pokey Penguin
05-05-10, 08:49
I've seen lots of hotels all over hcm with signs out front indicating hourly rates. There's one on BTX that has rooms as cheap as 20K for 1 hour on the highest floor, IIRC.

I don't know if you can take a girl there. But is there any other reason to have an hourly rate room? Do people just get tired and want to take a nap for an hour?

Raverboy
05-05-10, 09:02

If they're close as in seperated only by a bridge, then yes.

However, try telling a Kiwi he's an Aussie and see what happens. ;)

Johndao
05-05-10, 17:24
I've seen lots of hotels all over hcm with signs out front indicating hourly rates. There's one on BTX that has rooms as cheap as 20K for 1 hour on the highest floor, IIRC.

I don't know if you can take a girl there. But is there any other reason to have an hourly rate room? Do people just get tired and want to take a nap for an hour?
I still can't believe you are a real person.

Member #2234
05-05-10, 17:32

lol! Try telling an Aussie he is English and see what happens lol!

OzzieSuds
05-05-10, 21:15

Many singaporean chinese actually have malaysian chinese family connections.

Easy Lover222
05-17-10, 17:50
On one night I ordered a girl to my hotel (using receptionist guy). The name of the hotel was indochine hotel. A lot of massage places and bars all around saigon, bit different that Thailand but still ok.

Indochine hotel recomended for location and price.

The Guy
05-18-10, 13:26
Any advice on the highest end hotel that's tolerant of girls? Thanks.

Viet Seb123
05-25-10, 03:07
Any advice on the highest end hotel that's tolerant of girls? Thanks.Maybe New World Hotel, you can bring grilfriend or picuk up one a the club.

Keantan24
05-31-10, 19:06
Hi,

Can anyone advice which 3*** or budget hotel comes with a deposit box?

Am traveling alone, so have to make sure my money and camera is safe.

Thanks in advance

AdHome01
06-01-10, 02:22
Hi,

Can anyone advice which 3*** or budget hotel comes with a deposit box?

Am traveling alone, so have to make sure my money and camera is safe.

Thanks in advance

Lavender Hotel (around $45 per night) is a good 3 star that has in-room safes but lady friends must leave by 10pm.

Northern Hotel (around $75 per night) is another and if you pay an extra $35 you can have a girl spend the night.

PM me if you want to know some 2 and 3 star hotels with in-room safes that allow overnight guests.

http://lavenderhotel.com.vn/default.asp?langID=1

http://www.northernhotel.com.vn/index.php?page=about

Most 3 star hotels will have safety deposit boxes at reception but in-room safes are a little harder to come by. Most all 4 and 5 star hotel's will have a safe in the room.

Jan Smit
06-03-10, 20:56
3 weeks ago I stayed here. Asked the doormen if it was allowed to bring GF to room, they said no. So I did not bother anymore. However, I often returned back after midnight and saw no-one or the watchman was sleeping.

I also saw one girl coming out of the hotel that looked like a WG to me so I approached her. But her price was too high (100usd), her motobike arrived and I went to bed. If you're timing is good then you can try but normally it's a no. Or does someone else has other experiences?

Doodie1
06-04-10, 12:06
I had a friend stay at the A & Em hotel on Ly Tu Trong, I think there is 4 or 5 of them in HCM. He loved it, girl friendly and said I should suggest it to anyone making a visit.

Toddtworip
06-22-10, 22:55
So after a not so successful first trip to HCMC last year, I am ready with the help of ISG to go back again soon.

Only thing left to do is to book a hotel room.

Last year I stayed at the HoSen Hotel which is a 2 star hotel.

It was fine, but would like to stay somewhere a bit nicer this time around.

Ha Hien Hotel & Hoang Hai Long Hotel. Are they both still girl friendly?

I am leaning towards the Hoang Hai Long Hotel.

I have no problem paying the joiner fee. But don't want to book it, travel all the way to HCMC, pick up a gal and then be denied bringing a friend back.

Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Sonic
07-07-10, 23:14
At a lot of the high end hotels, you're not supposed to have girls overnight.

But what about during the day?

Is it ok with the authorities to have a girl stay all day and leave before the curfew?

Explorerman
08-13-10, 11:37
At a lot of the high end hotels, you're not supposed to have girls overnight.

But what about during the day?

Is it ok with the authorities to have a girl stay all day and leave before the curfew?

The only chance to have a girl stay overnight - if she is Vietnamese - is to go for hotels below five star. I managed at a few five star, but only but sneaking a girl in, usually before 9:00, by going to a restaurant or the pool or something earlier.

In 3 or 4 star, they will ask the girl to register and give her ID to them. Maybe also pay $10-20 for the extra person. But they are technically not supposed to let her stay with you after 9, so it is done quietly.

But you can have visitor until 9. Some require ID left at front desk, and some not. It depends on the time and place.

Vodich
08-27-10, 06:41
Does anyone know if the new Liberty Central Hotel is gf? Notice that it only costs another $6 for me to book a two-person room instead of a one-person room. Would it be worth it for me to do this if I want to bring a girl back to stay overnight?

Thanks

OzzieSuds
08-29-10, 01:20
Does anyone know if the new Liberty Central Hotel is gf? Notice that it only costs another $6 for me to book a two-person room instead of a one-person room. Would it be worth it for me to do this if I want to bring a girl back to stay overnight?

Thanks

Liberty hotels are generally not GF but I understand that the one on HBT has a disco/KTV downstairs form which you can bring your selection upstairs without going by the front desk.

In my experience room rates are normally dictated by room size, view and furnishing rather than numbers of persons.

Vodich
08-29-10, 11:28
Liberty hotels are generally not GF but I understand that the one on HBT has a disco/KTV downstairs form which you can bring your selection upstairs without going by the front desk.

In my experience room rates are normally dictated by room size, view and furnishing rather than numbers of persons.Thanks for the info. The rates were what I got from expedia comparing a one versus two person booking at the Liberty Central Hotel. I just remember reading on these forums someone making a offhand comment on the lines of "unless you were smart enough to book a room for two people", so that's why I asked if it was beneficial at all for me to do that.

Jim Daili
09-02-10, 19:03
Is the Rex hotel girl friendly?

As I will be with colleagues I need to be discreet so do you know if there is any working girl in the bar hotel? Any one has ever tried some outcall and if so could give me some info on how to proceed (phone, name.)

Thanks in advance

AdHome01
09-03-10, 23:03
Is the Rex hotel girl friendly?

As I will be with colleagues I need to be discreet so do you know if there is any working girl in the bar hotel? Any one has ever tried some outcall and if so could give me some info on how to proceed (phone, name.)

Thanks in advance

The Rex is not girl friendly. I stayed there a few years ago and they would not let me bring a girl up. I tried to have a girl meet me in my room (basically an in call) and she was escorted there by a bellboy. She said she was dropping something off and he waited, with the door open, for her to leave. You might be able to have someone meet you in the roof restaurant but I wouldn’t bother. Maybe things have changed but I doubt it.

If you need to be discreet and short on time; your best bet is to go around the corner to one of the HBT bars and take a girl to a mini hotel.

MikeInBrazil
09-04-10, 09:41
Since Hyatt is a very nice hotel, I'm guessing it won't be GF friendly right?

Anyways, my question is, is it located near all the places discussed here such as Apocalypse Now and the HBL area?

Toddtworip
09-07-10, 06:09
Compliments of the season my brothers. I too am looking for a GF hotel in the district 1 area. I would really appreciate any and all advice.

If I don't get any, this is what I plan on doing.

Based on Tall and Tan's report I plan to check into northern hotel for a day. And then grope my way around, then get some advise fm the gals and check into a GF place for the other 2 days that I am there.

'tis the season to be jolly. Pl share any info. Cheers

Ps: am there fm the 4th to the 7th of jan. Then off to BKK. Yay!I was under the assumption that the Northern Hotel Dist 1 was GF but with a joiner fee.....has something changed?

Thanks

Explorerman
09-07-10, 08:41
The Rex is not girl friendly. I stayed there a few years ago and they would not let me bring a girl up. I tried to have a girl meet me in my room (basically an in call) and she was escorted there by a bellboy. She said she was dropping something off and he waited, with the door open, for her to leave. You might be able to have someone meet you in the roof restaurant but I wouldn’t bother. Maybe things have changed but I doubt it.

If you need to be discreet and short on time; your best bet is to go around the corner to one of the HBT bars and take a girl to a mini hotel.

I have had better luck at the Rex, and they would allow a girl upstairs before 9, provided she gave her ID. Cannot stay later, per usual five star rules.

Asking the girl to come direct to your room is probably never going to work. You need to be with them, so that it at least looks like she is your GF and not p4p.

AdHome01
09-07-10, 16:41
I was under the assumption that the Northern Hotel Dist 1 was GF but with a joiner fee.....has something changed?

Thanks

I believe this is still the case. The fee for the 'extra room' is $35.

Westernbacon
09-14-10, 16:17
Hi all,

In the past I have always given my ID to the hotel front desk clerk when taking a girl with me and getting a room. I believe only one ID is needed per room in most mini motels. I have read to play it safer, to have the girl show her ID and not yours for reasons of possible raids.

Comments anyone?

Thanks!

Hah Baht
09-18-10, 17:06
I'm now planning my first trip to Vn. I was thinking of staying at the Spring Hotel and was wandering if anyone had any knowledge of it. Looks ok from the websiteand seems to be in a good area. Any and all help appreciated.

BionicMan
09-18-10, 17:54
Hi all,

In the past I have always given my ID to the hotel front desk clerk when taking a girl with me and getting a room. I believe only one ID is needed per room in most mini motels. I have read to play it safer, to have the girl show her ID and not yours for reasons of possible raids.

Comments anyone?

Thanks!
The contrary of what you have done makes more sense to me.
Have the girl's ID left at reception.
In general it "us" in mode sort of danger, especially if the girl is unknown to you
I think this strategy will not help in a raid.
It will mean they will knock also at your door and wherever your ID is, you better surrunder or show it.
IMHO

Bali1111
09-19-10, 08:00

In my experience room rates are normally dictated by room size, view and furnishing rather than numbers of persons.What is/where is 'HBT' I checked abreivieations (to avoid scorn and ridicule). But I didn't C. Also, I've searched these posts and can't find. But I'd thought I read somewhere that there is a bar/disco/KTV at Sheraton and/or Caravelle that a lot of p2p girls hang, and she can be taken up to room because the front desk is avoided. True?

Pointpanic
09-19-10, 21:06
What is/where is 'HBT' I checked abreivieations (to avoid scorn and ridicule). But I didn't C. Also, I've searched these posts and can't find. But I'd thought I read somewhere that there is a bar/disco/KTV at Sheraton and/or Caravelle that a lot of p2p girls hang, and she can be taken up to room because the front desk is avoided. True?

HBT is Hai Ba Trung. It is major street that runs parallel to Dong Khoi in downtown Saigon. Don Khoi is where Caravelle is located.

Johndao
09-20-10, 00:13
What is/where is 'HBT' I checked abreivieations (to avoid scorn and ridicule). But I didn't C. Also, I've searched these posts and can't find. But I'd thought I read somewhere that there is a bar/disco/KTV at Sheraton and/or Caravelle that a lot of p2p girls hang, and she can be taken up to room because the front desk is avoided. True?You can try it and it may work for you, but no guarantee. Anyway, they will ask ridiculous prices of you in such places. Also, the hos are well-known to security who will follow them to make sure she (and you) exits the hotel if they see her with you. This is true for example at Level 23 disco/nightclub at Sheraton. But as I said, you can try it and sometimes things get lost in the shuffle and you can do it.

JD

Mik Hcmc
09-20-10, 04:32
What is/where is 'HBT' I checked abreivieations (to avoid scorn and ridicule). But I didn't C.

I guess you didn't look too hard....

Rbaajl
10-03-10, 09:41
Fellow mongers of the world!

I am going to be in Vietnam from the 6th evening to the 8th. Staying at the Intercontinental. is the hotel GF? Is there a reliable escort service in town. Just saw www.saigonescort.com. Any good?

Johndao
10-04-10, 07:15
Fellow mongers of the world!

I am going to be in Vietnam from the 6th evening to the 8th. Staying at the Intercontinental. is the hotel GF? Is there a reliable escort service in town. Just saw www.saigonescort.com. Any good?Hi,
Have you read anything here at all? It's all here. Common courtesy dictates you read first and ask unanswered questions later.
The answers to your questions are: No, No and NO.
It's all been written about extensively already.
JD

Newhere82
10-11-10, 13:53
Hallo to everybody.

I will be staying at his hotel for a couple of days in November. Does anyone know if the girls in the massage center give anything more while massaging?

Thanks in advance

Redcurry
10-22-10, 19:24
Sent you a PM with hotel details.I'm looking to make a first time jump over to HCM, would love the info too.

BionicMan
10-23-10, 02:44
I'm looking to make a first time jump over to HCM, would love the info too.
Coffe with milk and sugar?
How do you want your steak cooked?
All the rest is in here already, just RTFF

Redcurry
10-23-10, 09:04
Coffe with milk and sugar?

How do you want your steak cooked?

All the rest is in here already, just RTFFThanks, was not asking you so stfu.

I prefer Coffee with two "e"'s with milk

Mik Hcmc
10-23-10, 19:00
Thanks, was not asking you so stfu.

I prefer Coffee with two "e"'s with milk

I can see a lot of forum regulars just itching to help you Redcurry.
You should take your own advice and STFU.
You may be suprised when you learn a thing or two.

You made it abundantly clear you never took the time and bothered to RTTF.
You have made it very obvious that you want to be spoonfed and your ass wiped.

I hope that you don't make it over here, We don't need guys like you here.
Stick to TLD.

Also the comma should be within the quotation marks like this "e's" not outside.

Redcurry
10-23-10, 19:25
I can see a lot of forum regulars just itching to help you Redcurry.
You should take your own advice and STFU.

You may be suprised when you learn a thing or two.

You made it abundantly clear you never took the time and bothered to RTTF.
You have made it very obvious that you want to be spoonfed and your ass wiped.

I hope that you don't make it over here, We don't need guys like you here.
Stick to TLD.

Also the comma should be within the quotation marks like this "e's" not outside.In regards to my original question, I did read up and down in the forum for the hotel in question. The original poster had said he had pm'd interested people with the details.

I don't see the need to respond to a simple question with RTFF, as I addressed it to the original poster, cannot PM yet.

Mik Hcmc
10-24-10, 18:04
In regards to my original question, I did read up and down in the forum for the hotel in question. The original poster had said he had pm'd interested people with the details.

I don't see the need to respond to a simple question with RTFF, as I addressed it to the original poster, cannot PM yet.

The hotel mentioned had already been discussed previously.
Along with the general gist of hotels here that are 4 stars and over are NOT GIRL FRIENDLY, This includes your hotel in question.

I'd suggest getting PM enabled (buying a subscription) to get full benefits this forum has to offer. There is a lot being said behind closed doors so to speak.

AdHome01
10-24-10, 23:24
I'm looking to make a first time jump over to HCM, would love the info too.

The best advice I can give someone is to call the hotel and ask them. Just ask if your VN girlfriend can say with you. If they don’t mind, or there is an extra cost, they will tell you. Things are always changing here and a hotel that was (or wasn’t) GF, might be different now. It’s best to do a little work for yourself and be sure.

Johndao
10-25-10, 06:29
Also the comma should be within the quotation marks like this "e's" not outside.
That's an apostrophe Mik, not a comma. ;-)

Mik Hcmc
10-25-10, 15:07
That's an apostrophe Mik, not a comma. ;-)

At least you got the joke JD!!

I'm in Vung Tau for a couple days.
When I've got freetime I'll go and poke my head (the big one on my shoulders) into as many MP's as I can.
Hopefully the FSMP is still around.

OzzieSuds
10-25-10, 22:58
At least you got the joke JD!!

I'm in Vung Tau for a couple days.
When I've got freetime I'll go and poke my head (the big one on my shoulders) into as many MP's as I can.
Hopefully the FSMP is still around.

Mik - there are some posts here somewhere. Vung Tau has a bevy of nice ladies in the bars near the Palace Hotel. Always found one happy to come to hotel after the bar closed - some ask for money some do not. Often I go back to hotel and they follow.

I usually use the small hotels near there - all GF for about VND 300-400,000 per night.

And of course there are girls everywhere who want to practice some english and spend some time near a little more cash than they are used. You don't have to be a big spender.

Alwayshard45
10-26-10, 06:21
Mik - there are some posts here somewhere. Vung Tau has a bevy of nice ladies in the bars near the Palace Hotel. Always found one happy to come to hotel after the bar closed - some ask for money some do not. Often I go back to hotel and they follow.

I usually use the small hotels near there - all GF for about VND 300-400,000 per night.

And of course there are girls everywhere who want to practice some english and spend some time near a little more cash than they are used. You don't have to be a big spender.

I agree with you Sudsoz, I have always had a better time in VT away from the "pros" because there are a plentiful amount of young beautiful locals who are just looking to be treated with a little attention but nothing to extravagant is necessary.

I find it quite easy to pick up one nighters in VT without P4P.

J Lover
11-14-10, 08:47
Hi fellow punters,

I am travelling to HCM next month. My original plan was to stay at somewhere like the Rennaissance or New World Hotel, then every night get one girl from the inhouse club to my room. This was based on experience I gained at the Fortuna hotel, Hanoi. Those girls generally cannot leave the club during their shift, unless you happen to already be staying in the hotel.

I have read this thread in chronological order from start to finish in its entirety but I'm getting conflicting information, unless things have changed. The second post in this thread seemed to suggest you cannot easily get a girl from CatWalk to come to your room, if you are staying at New World, because of security in the corridor. But a more recent post suggested it might be possible to take a girl "home, just not to your hotel" - whatever that means. The reason I was planning to stay in these hotels is because (based on experience outline above), I believed that in order to get a girl out of one of these clubs, you had to be a guest at the respective hotel itself.

So, what is the deal these days, if I want to get a CatWalk (or Club Royale) girl back to my room? Rent a room at the club's respective hotel? Or elsewhere?? I'm looking for ST only.

Below are the relevant references:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=622474&postcount=2

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=815506&postcount=86

OzzieSuds
11-16-10, 11:41
Hi fellow punters,

I am travelling to HCM next month. My original plan was to stay at somewhere like the Rennaissance or New World Hotel, then every night get one girl from the inhouse club to my room. This was based on experience I gained at the Fortuna hotel, Hanoi. Those girls generally cannot leave the club during their shift, unless you happen to already be staying in the hotel.

I have read this thread in chronological order from start to finish in its entirety but I'm getting conflicting information, unless things have changed. The second post in this thread seemed to suggest you cannot easily get a girl from CatWalk to come to your room, if you are staying at New World, because of security in the corridor. But a more recent post suggested it might be possible to take a girl "home, just not to your hotel" - whatever that means. The reason I was planning to stay in these hotels is because (based on experience outline above), I believed that in order to get a girl out of one of these clubs, you had to be a guest at the respective hotel itself.

So, what is the deal these days, if I want to get a CatWalk (or Club Royale) girl back to my room? Rent a room at the club's respective hotel? Or elsewhere?? I'm looking for ST only.

Below are the relevant references:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=622474&postcount=2

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=815506&postcount=86

At New World they have security to prevent punters taking gals from the Catwalk Club to the rooms. AT Renaissance there is a connecting corridor from Club Royale to the elevator lobby outside the Dynasty Restaurant so it might be possible.

My experience with gals from both of these places is that their prices are crazy (asking like US$200 and slow to come down) and they are primma donnas. The Hai Bai Trung and Thi Sach bars are a better bet.

If you stay at Renaissance then Mac Thi Boui and Thi Sach streets are both very close and have a number of small GF hotels. All of the hotels facing the river on Mac Thi Boui are GF and a no balcony room should be about $30.

J Lover
11-16-10, 13:39
At New World they have security to prevent punters taking gals from the Catwalk Club to the rooms. AT Renaissance there is a connecting corridor from Club Royale to the elevator lobby outside the Dynasty Restaurant so it might be possible.

My experience with gals from both of these places is that their prices are crazy (asking like US$200 and slow to come down) and they are primma donnas. The Hai Bai Trung and Thi Sach bars are a better bet.

If you stay at Renaissance then Mac Thi Boui and Thi Sach streets are both very close and have a number of small GF hotels. All of the hotels facing the river on Mac Thi Boui are GF and a no balcony room should be about $30.
Thanks, mate. The only reason I considered the likes of Catwalk is because of the rave reviews I've heard saying stuff like "it's a sight to behold". I actually like primma donnas, provided it's not at the expense of customer service i.e. no attitude. So these girls in Hai Bai Trung and Thi Sach bars - would you say they're equally hot as Catwalk/Club Royale girls?

And is it worth my while using those hotels you mention for the duration of my stay? Or just for ST quickies?

Johndao
11-17-10, 04:57
I actually like Prima Donnas, provided it's not at the expense of customer service i.e. no attitude.
What do you THINK Prima Donna means? A girl with super customer service and a great attitude? If that's what you think, go to Catwalk, lay down your $300 and have a wonderful time!
JD

The Guy
11-26-10, 14:56
I'm going to Saigon for 4 nights and wanted to meet some local girls. Based on the expert advice on this thread, I booked a suite at the Northern Hotel. On the phone, they offered me a rate of $100/night including tax for a suite, $120/night for any night that I have a guest. Reviews on line of Northern are somewhat mixed, and I'd prefer something a bit better so long as it's GF. Any suggestions (you can PM) would be welcome. Thanks again for all the great reports.

AdHome01
11-26-10, 18:16
I'm going to Saigon for 4 nights and wanted to meet some local girls. Based on the expert advice on this thread, I booked a suite at the Northern Hotel. On the phone, they offered me a rate of $100/night including tax for a suite, $120/night for any night that I have a guest. Reviews on line of Northern are somewhat mixed, and I'd prefer something a bit better so long as it's GF. Any suggestions (you can PM) would be welcome. Thanks again for all the great reports.

Northern is a good hotel (three stars). The suites have large windows that give a great view of the city. The food is pretty good too. The top floor is another resturant the they don't use (unless things have changed recently). It's nice to go up at night for an open view of the city and some quiet.

When you bring a girl back the manager will check her in, give her a room key and tell her a room number.

All on all a good place to stay, if you don't minsd spending the extra money. Apocalypse is across the street and 2 blocks to the left is Smile's.

The Guy
11-28-10, 06:04
Thanks, good to have your positive feedback. I'd ideally like a hotel more in the 4-5 star category but gotta be GF. Anyone got any recommendations for girls who would like to spend the night, just PM me. I'm going to play the Tagged game and see how that goes.

Northern is a good hotel (three stars). The suites have large windows that give a great view of the city. The food is pretty good too. The top floor is another resturant the they don't use (unless things have changed recently). It's nice to go up at night for an open view of the city and some quiet.

When you bring a girl back the manager will check her in, give her a room key and tell her a room number.

All on all a good place to stay, if you don't minsd spending the extra money. Apocalypse is across the street and 2 blocks to the left is Smile's.

BionicMan
11-28-10, 09:39
Thanks, good to have your positive feedback. I'd ideally like a hotel more in the 4-5 star category but gotta be GF. Anyone got any recommendations for girls who would like to spend the night, just PM me. I'm going to play the Tagged game and see how that goes.
It is going to be unlikely that a 4-5 star hotel will be GF unless she gets a room independently. Those hotels have a plate near the lift lobby quoting a law that does not allow non hotel guests to access rooms. In the evening - @ New World - there is an additional board on the floor repeating the prohibition. Nevertheless at 5pm I saw a westerner at the executive floor lounge having a drink with a stunning viet beauty in a nice mini-dress. Then heading to lifts... Maybe I am daring to assume she was a WG but I would have bet she was. Actually the ban seems to be enforced after 9pm. So there are grey areas for sure. Friends living in HCMC confirmed the ban.

AdHome01
12-12-10, 10:02
Anyone looking for a gf hotel around the market, pm me. It's a 2 star but OK and has a free breakfest. I know there are a lot of hotels like this in the area but this one is a little different.

The cleaning ladies provide full-service. When they come to clean they'll grab your cock and ask if you want fuck or blow job. I wasn't even thinking about that and only wanted some fresh towels. The main one comes acrossed as a little crazy but is funny and nice. There are three or four of them and most everything is on the menu (my buddy did two at the same time). Now, they're not 'lookers' for sure, but not too bad. The price is 400k and you might need to talk them down to get that price. For sure the hotel has no idea and would fire all of them if they knew, so, PM if you want details.

BTW after 5 days I've yet to have my room cleaned.

Tqbd69
12-12-10, 10:50
Anyone looking for a gf hotel around the market, pm me. It's a 2 star but OK and has a free breakfest. I know there are a lot of hotels like this in the area but this one is a little different.Hi Athome01,

That hotel sounds interesting? Hihi! I've just arrived in Saigon and living with some relatives, but I'm searching for mini hotel just to spend the night. Unfortenatly I can't PM you, because I'm a newbie. Maybe I can call you?

Thanks for your help.

AdHome01
12-13-10, 02:53
Hi Athome01,

That hotel sounds interesting? Hihi! I've just arrived in Saigon and living with some relatives, but I'm searching for mini hotel just to spend the night. Unfortenatly I can't PM you, because I'm a newbie. Maybe I can call you?

Thanks for your help. Text me at: [Telephone Number deleted by Admin].

I'm ditching this sim after tonight so you'll need to text before then. Also, a few of us are going out tonight if you want to come along.

I forgot to add the hotel is $20 per night.

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove personal telephone numbers in the text. Please do not post personal telephone numbers in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you for this information directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

Tqbd69
12-13-10, 17:14
Text me at: [Telephone Number deleted by Admin]Hi Athome01,

Sorry, was too late. I guess.

My number [Telephone Number deleted by Admin]

Hope you will call me and I can go out with you guys the next time to get to know a litle bit of the city.

Thanks anyway.

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was edited to remove personal telephone numbers in the text. Please do not post personal telephone numbers in the Forum. Instead, please invite other Forum Members to contact you for this information directly via the Forum's Private Messaging system. Thanks!

Xxanty
01-03-11, 11:59
Dear friends.

Can anyone advice 3* or budget hotel with girl friendly Policy? I need to be near the action in District 1.

It would be appreciated if let me know the actions street in district 1, because it will be my first time to HCMC.

Thanks for your replies.

Rgerads,

Alex

Explorerman
01-26-11, 17:24
Thanks, good to have your positive feedback. I'd ideally like a hotel more in the 4-5 star category but gotta be GF. Anyone got any recommendations for girls who would like to spend the night, just PM me. I'm going to play the Tagged game and see how that goes.If you are not too obvious with an obvious WG, most of the 4-5 star will allow girls until 9pm or 10pm.

I got lucky once at Hotel Continental. They let me pay for two persons in the room overnight, when I had a GF stay with me. That is very reasonable. The $15 included breakfast, and the girl had to leave her I'd with them. I think it is 4 star. But most are stricter.

I got in the Rex once on the same basis. I think it cost me $20 extra. But all other 5 star were off limits for overnight.

Bumholes1
01-27-11, 08:57
Never mind 4 and 5 star hotels.

Can anyone recommend 2/3 star hotels where I can definitely take in a WG all night. Not just before 10pm.

Just want somewhere clean with a double bed and shower / toilet.

Thanks

L L T0
01-27-11, 17:01
Go to Nhan Ha Hotel in Dist1. 190 Le Thanh Ton. There you can spend a whole night with a girl with no problems. No tips to hotel staff, and 20 dlls a night, clean. Have been there all the time. Good luck.

Never mind 4 and 5 star hotels.

Can anyone recommend 2/3 star hotels where I can definitely take in a WG all night. Not just before 10pm.

Just want somewhere clean with a double bed and shower / toilet.

Thanks

Bumholes1
01-28-11, 12:12
Go to Nhan Ha Hotel in Dist1. 190 Le Thanh Ton. There you can spend a whole night with a girl with no problems. No tips to hotel staff, and 20 dlls a night, clean. Have been there all the time. Good luck.Thanks.

Have googled it and address seems to be 252B-C Le Thanh Ton Street.

Probably not same hotel.

OzzieSuds
01-30-11, 21:57
Thanks.

Have googled it and address seems to be 252B-C Le Thanh Ton Street.

Probably not same hotel. There are a number of new hotels sprung up recently in this area and they are probably all much the same. The new ones on Thi Sach are in a less busy area and probably GF as well.

Kiasi
02-14-11, 06:10
Dear All,

I will be visiting Ho Chi Minh in March and will like to seek for help to intro me a hotel with casino and in town area such as in D1. Please kindly recommend me few hotel please.

Price range around USD 100. USD 150 per nite will be good enuf.

Thanks,

Cheers

Mik Hcmc
02-14-11, 10:27
Dear All,

I will be visiting Ho Chi Minh in March and will like to seek for help to intro me a hotel with casino and in town area such as in D1. Please kindly recommend me few hotel please.

Price range around USD 100. USD 150 per nite will be good enuf.

Thanks,

CheersCatch a bus or drive out to the border and get off in Moc Bai Cambodia side. Whole street is lined with casinos.

Rex hotel is one hotel that springs to mind regarding casino in D1. Never been as I'm not interested in gambling.

Alwayshard45
02-14-11, 10:54
Dear All,

CheersCasinos in HCMC are at the Rex, Caravelle, New World, and Sheraton. In district 5 you have the Equatorial Hotel (very nice hotel) and Winsdor. Near the airport there are 2 hotel / casinos, The Grand Hotel Saigon and 1 more, but I can't remember the name of the hotel but the casino is called the Bingo Club. Nice spot. There is also one more good hotel called Movenpick which also has a casino. I've never stayed there but I have friends who have and they really enjoyed the place. Its located in D. Phu Nhuan, but its really not far from the city center, maybe 5-10 mins drive (withouth rush-hour traffic).

Catch a bus or drive out to the border and get off in Moc Bai Cambodia side. Whole street is lined with casinos.

Rex hotel is one hotel that springs to mind regarding casino in D1. Never been as I'm not interested in gambling. Have you ever been to those casinos at the boarder of Cambodia? They are nice inside but real shaddy. I was there a few years ago. I was not happy at all. Mostly Chinese players and Chinese games. Not a whole lot for playing western games except for Blackjack, Slots (just the fruits, no 777s) and Roulette.

Rocky Power
02-14-11, 12:05
They have casino's all over Vietnam. If you want to travel further away from HCMC and not travel too far they have casino's in Vung tau and Mui Ne on the coast.

If you want to gamble and win! Then I recommend a trip to the Philipines. They have game rules from the 1970's still active on Blackjack and using the "Basic Strategy" and I won 4 out of 5 sessions there. The only casino in the world where I actually made money and not lost. The drawback is Manila is a dive. Nothing to see, rubbish everywhere, armed guards at every store / restaurant but they do have cute chicks and are happy to please. You can aplease 2 vices here.

Kiasi
02-15-11, 03:40
Dear all,

Thanks for your precious recommendation! Finally I think I will take moevenpick hotel. Since it's new and not far from the city!

Hope to win ya. Cheers!

Alwayshard45
02-15-11, 06:01
They have casino's all over Vietnam. If you want to travel further away from HCMC and not travel too far they have casino's in Vung tau and Mui Ne on the coast.

If you want to gamble and win! Then I recommend a trip to the Philipines. They have game rules from the 1970's still active on Blackjack and using the "Basic Strategy" and I won 4 out of 5 sessions there. The only casino in the world where I actually made money and not lost. The drawback is Manila is a dive. Nothing to see, rubbish everywhere, armed guards at every store / restaurant but they do have cute chicks and are happy to please. You can aplease 2 vices here. I agree with you, I have had several winning sessions in the Philippines. I don't think I've had a losing weekend there yet. But as described, its not a real beautiful country, a bit unsafe. Reminds of Tijuana, Mexico.

For real nice gambling, the new casino is Singapore is great! Macau is not to shabby either, haha.

Johndao
02-15-11, 17:13
Dear all,

Thanks for your precious recommendation! Finally I think I will take moevenpick hotel. Since it's new and not far from the city!

Hope to win ya. Cheers! This Moevenpick hotel is not new, only newly branded (over 1 year). I think it was the Omni Hotel before. It's nearer the airport than the city center.

Clixtox
02-15-11, 23:04
This place had the same name for awhile before it was extensively remodeled, this work was finished late last year. While this hotel is very convenient to the airport it's pretty far from the downtown business district, international restaurants, nightlife and tourist attractions. I wouldn't recommend the Moevonpick unless proximity to the airport was the most important consideration.

There are literally thousands of hotel options in HCMC with hundreds of hotels clustered downtown. Check tripadvisor. Com for information and reviews from previous customers for leads. The ASIA RUBY 3 at 100 Le Lai is nice, reasonably priced and an easy walk to almost everywhere you might want to go.

Mik Hcmc
02-17-11, 07:20
Here is the link to an article about the Sheraton not paying out on a customer winning 55. 5mill on their pokie machine. There is a picture of the payout on the link below.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/2010/Pages/20110215171559.aspx

Here is a copy and paste.

A Vietnamese American has filed a lawsuit against Sheraton Saigon Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City, asking for over US$55. 5 million that he won gambling, VnExpress reported Tuesday.

According to the petition of 60-year-old Ly Sam, on October 25, 2009, he played the Landlord Game on a machine at the hotel's Palazzo Club and was informed by the machine that he had won over $55. 5 million.

Sam claims that he asked the club's manager to sign a minute recording the result, but the manager refused to do so, and promised to pay the money in three days, the news website reported.

The man then recorded the result on the machine and asked several witnesses to sign the minute, instead.

However, as the club did not pay him, Sam sent a letter to the general director of the Dai Duong Joint-venture, the hotel's investor, nearly a month later, asking for payment.

Ewarton Consultancy Co, Ltd, a member of Dai Duong, then said they recognized Sam's reward, but wouldn't pay him, because the result was caused by some problems with the machine.

This prompted Sam to sue the company.

Mai Xuan Binh, judge of the People's Court of District 1, told VnExpress that they planned to open the trial before Tet (Lunar New Year falling on February 3 this year) , but due to the lack of some evidence, further investigations were needed.

'This is a lawsuit with the biggest ever claim in Vietnam. We'll open the trial as soon as possible, ' he said.

Sounds like Naga casino in PP not paying out a punter who won a couple mill.

AdHome01
02-17-11, 21:46
Here is the link to an article about the Sheraton not paying out on a customer winning 55. 5mill on their pokie machine. There is a picture of the payout on the link below.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/2010/Pages/20110215171559.aspxThis has happened many times in the USA too, where a machine showed someone winning but the casino said the machine malfunctioned. The truth is a casino doesn't have to pay if they don't want.

I once saw a man asked to leave a blackjack table in Las Vegas (I believe it was treasure island) because the pit boss thought he was some how cheating. He had no idea how just figured he was because of his 'winning streak'. The man was escorted out of the casino (kicking and screaming) and was not allow to take his chips. This stuff happens all the time.

Frimu
06-11-11, 08:40
Trying that too. But the reaction of the girls in Saigon is rather lame. Thailand and Phils is better.

Cheers, Frimu.

Roycankor
06-11-11, 13:05
I just got back from HCMC (last weekend) and stayed at Movenpick Hotel for 4 nights. It truly is a five star hotel. Had a BMW limo to pick us up from the airport, which is only about a 5 minute drive. I invited one of my girlfriends from the Philippines (cost of airfare from Manila to HCM and back was only 400 USD). A deluxe room with king bed. 42 inch lcd tv with cable, full size tub, a in room safe, and a spacious room for about 150 USD per night, was a good deal in my books. 4 great restaurants with 24hr room service was a treat. I decided not to monger around HCM after reading all the posts and hearing about probs concerning language barriers and also keeping a local girl for overnight stays. Why waste time with all the hassles of finding a girl, negotiating prices for st, registering her into a crappy 3 star hotel and paying for another room, which is not being used, and then having to kick her out at 9 or 10 at night?

So I did the smart thing and called the best f*k and someone who I can spend some quality time with from my past trips to the Philippines (note: Pinays do not need a visa to enter Vietnam) and paid for her to come see me in HCMC. Someone who I was comfortable with, speak English with, someone I know who has a great slim bod with big tits and nice round ass than some Vietnamese girl who can barely speak English, who may be slim but flat on the chest and has a jungle of a Bush compared to my Pinay who is shaved nicely.

Perhaps many of us, fellow mongerers have not thought about this route that I have taken and fully enjoyed without all the headaches and even failure of scoring pussy for the night. Yes, a nice massage with a tug and poke with your shalong to a Vietgirl at a nearby parlor is always nice, but I got a Pinay who knows how to give a proper massage for as long as I tell her to and an unrushed sex-all-nighter for 4 straight days. No need to worry about being alone as I toured aroung HCM and went site seeing and did some shopping. Fully enjoyed my first trip to Vietnam as I tasted unfamiliar local foods during the day and devoured sweet Pinay pussy as she sucked me dry after I shot my load all over her face and big titties. Great weekend I had.

So think as you plan your next trip to uncharted territories of mongering countries because pussy can be had each and every night if you think with your big head and not your smaller one.

Cheers and good luck to all!

Hummer Bird
06-11-11, 16:34
I juFully enjoyed my first trip to Vietnam as I tasted unfamiliar local foods during the day and devoured sweet Pinay pussy as she sucked me dry after I shot my load all over her face and big titties. Great weekend I had.Cheers and good luck to all!Fantastic girl there! One of the best natural rack to be seen on this forum!

Please post more shots of this hottie!

Cheers.

HB

OzzieSuds
06-13-11, 22:40
There is an old saying about taking coal to Newcastle. This just leaves more SYT in Saigon for JohnDao, Wendella and me!

I just got back from HCMC (last weekend) and stayed at Movenpick Hotel for 4 nights. It truly is a five star hotel. Had a BMW limo to pick us up from the airport, which is only about a 5 minute drive. I invited one of my girlfriends from the Philippines (cost of airfare from Manila to HCM and back was only 400 USD). A deluxe room with king bed. 42 inch lcd tv with cable, full size tub, a in room safe, and a spacious room for about 150 USD per night, was a good deal in my books. 4 great restaurants with 24hr room service was a treat. I decided not to monger around HCM after reading all the posts and hearing about probs concerning language barriers and also keeping a local girl for overnight stays. Why waste time with all the hassles of finding a girl, negotiating prices for st, registering her into a crappy 3 star hotel and paying for another room, which is not being used, and then having to kick her out at 9 or 10 at night?

Cheers and good luck to all!