PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Reports

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228

Giotto
04-22-10, 20:20
Guys,

Tonight we had a M79 grenade launcher attack on the skytrain station in Silom/Saladaeng. 5 grenades exploded, 1 person died, 10 are seriously injured, 75 injured all together.

On a government press conference it was talked about 3 dead people, but this is not confirmed up to now.

To understand what's going on here in Bangkok / Thailand is very difficult. The government will try to prove that the red shirts fired the grenades, but this is questionable. On the other hand we read in the politics thread that the multi-color shirts are all ex-yellow shirts (PAD), and that is simplified, too.

I don't want to discuss the political aspect of this crisis right now, all others out there understand this much better than I do. I only know - TIT - this is Thailand, and to really understand all underlying factors of this conflict you might need to be Thai. Otherwise you could come to the conclusion that everybody (and I mean everybody) is obviously suffering a lack of brain capacity and intelligence in this conflict.

Nevertheless, if you are here in Bangkok:

- check out where the red shirts are - every day
- don't go close to those areas (close = 1 km )
- don't think that tourists will not be hurt - if you mix up with them, and fight starts, you will be hurt
- don't be a "demonstration" tourist - it's a normal demonstration, not many people at all (approx. 15000), and if you need to go to a demonstration do that in your home countries
- think about that you are a foreigner, and that you should not get involved into the interior issues of another country.

If you are not in Bangkok - it is not necessarily a good time to come here right now. There are other places in Thailand (Pattaya, Phuket, Samui ...), there are other countries in this world!

I don't think all this will last much longer, and I hope that the red shirts will send a signal to the government that they are willing to negotiate again. Otherwise - after what happened today we will see military action to resolve the demonstration.

The option that all this ends in a horrible blood bath - is still there. Please - keep this in mind!

Giotto

11Bravo
04-22-10, 20:50
stopped by soi 7 bier garten later than usual, just after 6pm. two motives:
the secondary one, wanted to see what the staff was like at that hour. not impressed. a few i'd consider walking out the door with, but, for me anyway, better selection early afternoon. didn't want to wait around to see what the evening shift looked like, as

my primary motivation was to bat in the big leagues tonight. two possibilities, a-listers, that it was time to step up to the plate for.
tilac, soi cowboy. stunner. however, i also know my only chance with her would be to go "indian" (that's american indian there, boy), as in write her number on my forehead and wear a war bonnet of 1000 baht bill feathers... then, she might give me a glace. otherwise, i'm "clutter". the truth hurts, but i'm a big boy, i can take it. service, even if possible, perfunctory, i'm thinking.

it's just that there are some that you have to do, reality, and some that will stay fantasy. just not worth the bucks, baht, dirham, ringgits, whatever, for her experience. but the reality ones... i still can tell the difference between the two, so, it's:

patpong, king's camelot. another stunner, marred, for me, by some large tattoos. but the face and legit rack, beauty itself. the tats? crime against nature as far as i'm concerned, but it's her body... on a slow night, i know i have a shot (maybe even 2 if i increase the ante a bit).
patpong it is. bail out of bg7 and make it to patpong just after 7pm.

first thing i notice is it's not crowded. granted early, but the crowds are just not there. plenty of room to walk on the sidewalk.

next thing i notice are the soldiers. no biggie, been to plenty of places where that's the norm, uniforms on the street, carrying automatic weapons.

third thing i notice is the concertina wire on the sidewalk. but it's not really serious, 1 roll? serious, it's at least 2 wide, 1 on top. this is just theater. won't stop anybody...

proceed down to patpong 1, into camelot. yikes, what a mistake. 2 girls dancing, well, 1 dancing, 1 barely shuffling her feet. 2 others sitting across the way. i'm the only customer. the girl i'm looking for is nowhere to be seen. sure, it's early, but one can always hope. the alternate target, a little spinner, who knows how to market herself, is also not there.

i get nothing from anyone. the one girl who is trying to flag me is, well, would be pleasing for those who like "chunky". i'm not one of those.

sure, i can stick around, see who shows. or i can ask. but i'm thinking, "this place is so bad, i'm beginning to feel the gravitational pull of the rose (bar), and that's not good. but that's how bad camelot was. command decision. miss tats will have to live in my fantasy world; in reality, it's 8pm and time to cut my losses and move up to cowboy to get a leisurely st in. no, not with the stunner, but to the alternate target: a real sweetie, cute, who gives me a lot of attention.

cut over to patpong 2, move towards silom. hear a small "crump", followed by a wave of people running towards me. i'm thinking "bar fight", looking around to what they are running to. it's then that i spot the squad of soldiers running against the crowd, towards silom. hmmm, that's my direction. 2 more waves of people sweep over me as i make my way towards silom, all running in the opposite direction. this is not good.

you know it's a bad sign when the street vendors are packing up as fast as possible... just dumping their merchandise into the containers as fast as they can. soldiers are beginning to form up. damn. i figure i'll make it to the skytrain and exit the area mach quick. get to the bottom of the skytrain stairs, sala daeng, large crowd coming down. a westerner, coming down, gives me the bad news, "skytrain's closed." a news photographer comes up, asking me, "is that where the explosion happened?", pointing up silom, the way i've come. "i don't know", and he moves off. i watch which way he goes; i head the opposite. it's been decades since i've heard a "blooper", and i don't want to hear 1 again. likewise, i used to know the blast radius of an m26, but it's something i've forgotten and i don't want to need to calculate now... that's all past history, and i want it to stay that way.

crap, crap, crap. i ask about the subway; the westerner doesn't know. i cross the street, head up towards the subway station. the street is clear, as in clear shot... soldiers behind me, not quite forming lines, but assembling in squads. a humvee maneuvering in front. in front of that, empty road... the sidewalks are another story; crowded. i make it to 1 block away from the subway. street is empty in front, but the sidewalk is packed. only way to get through there is to take the street, and that's just a bit too exposed for me. i don't want to be the only one in no-man's land that part of the street has become.

i exit, literally, stage right - small soi, heading away from the crowds. less people, less enticing target. tall buildings either side should provide shelter unless 1 drops right in. it's a long soi, with few cross soi's. finally find one headed towards rama, where i figure i can grab a taxi and move elsewhere.

using small soi, dead-ends at an apt?, office? no problem; the security guard smiles as i make my way through the parking garage, into the front lobby, then out to rama. it looks like the "return of songkran"; i'm pouring sweat, my shirt drenched. not nerves; i'm moving fast, and it's hot... cross the street; no need to panic, i use the pedestrian overpass (he escaped the bombs only to be run over by a bus), and jump in a taxi. "bts, soi asoke." not that i want to go to the skytrain, but close enough to cowboy.

and here is my next problem. fmtt. i broke into my st hotel stash of 3 100 notes to pay for the taxi to the skytrain to make the run down to soi 7, the bg7 bar bill, and the camelot bar bill. i do a quick assessment: 5 20's, the next smallest is a 500. ok, if we hit traffic, the driver's going to have a big payday; i won't expect him to make change for the 500. but i'm not getting out 1/2 way to nowhere either. it's the cowboy, regardless of what it costs.

no worries; it's 55 baht when we hit the traffic backup at the sukhumvit/soi asoke intersection. i give him 60 and bail out of the taxi, walking up to cowboy.

make it to tilac. don't see either miss stunner or miss cutie. well, that fits the evening, for sure. cutie hadn't been there tuesday either; i'm thinking maybe she's taken the "late songkran" and gone home. then, i see her up on stage, she sees me, and i get the big smile. i don't speak that much thai, she not that much english, but hand signals are universal - she'll be over after her dance shift is done, and i'll buy her a lady drink.

she comes over, and life seems better. good thing she's been dancing; we're both sweating. the bad news is, due to the delay getting there, it's 9:30, and too late for my cinderella liberty to make the st pull worthwhile. with her, i want a leisurely st. postponed till tomorrow.

she goes off to the toilet, and a "strange" thing happens. now every other bg has kept clear; it's clear i've got a lady. and she is class; the 2nd time i was there, she came over, sat down, and said if i wanted another lady, no problem, she'd move on. no, she's fine, but i appreciated the choice. now, it's a done deal as soon as i walk in. this is the thailand of a decade ago i remember. no immediate request for a lady drink, some flirting, fun...

so, cutie's off, and here comes stunner. now tonight, she's noticed me noticing her dancing - she does put on a show, so she comes over, sits down, says hi, she's seen me before. damn, i am in her visible spectrum after all. but this is the 1st time she's said anything... but for me, wrong time. for an all-star to go baseline on a bench player... bush league. and i know what's coming... it's not more than 60 seconds before the "i want lady drink" appears... i point out i've already got one, and sudden the temperature drops by 10 degrees as she moves on, without even a goodbye (boohoo). business must be slow.

cutie returns, and the temperature goes up by 30 degrees. she doesn't quite have the looks of the a-lister, but damn, she trumps her completely on attitude. she's fun, and the weather reports are favorable for a steamy tomorrow.

will just have to see...

given the time constraints, and the ops area (certainly was not going to sol), headed down to [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900). walked; if i had realized the distance/heat combination, would have taken the skytrain 1 stop.

arrived there; let's just say the late shift was grim. so grim, i walked past, couldn't bring myself to make a choice. started to head back to the skytrain and home, but then figured, why not?

started the evening thinking i'd be batting in the majors; now, it was the batting cage. reversed, took off my glasses, and picked the most eager one, not on any other attribute except her eagerness. practice finished, headed home.

will see what the starting lineup is tomorrow.

AndyBKK
04-22-10, 22:17
Any review of Nana Liquid? (the new Nana disco in Nana hotel). I'm wondering if it's worth planning to go there next saturday or to do shopping before...And Nana Review

Lots of girls after 2am (not much before 11pm), it is an after hours disco now and stays opens till 5am.

Prices are reasonable with cocktail/mixed drinks at 200B and coke at 70B, a JW red is 1750 and mixers are reasonable price. The place has been remodeled so nice and new.

Lots of ladyboys in front of Nana Plaza, so if you're drunk after exiting a go go bar in Nana "buyer beware", unless u're into that LBs.

Spanky is the biggest rip off in Nana, over priced drinks and not that many good looking girls.

Rainbow bars are the best for Quantity and sometimes quality, but most girls there use Yaba and other drugs so they are fucat#d in the head, so don't expect many of them to have good attitudes.

Smaller bars on the 2nd floor like Fantasy is good, at least for me. The girls are more down to earth, and no smoking on the inside. (which is a plus for non-smokers)

A side note on go go bars: If asked for lady drink it is better and cheaper to give them 100B tip. Most BGs I've talked to, says that this is the better route for them because they only received 50B while you are charged 120B+ for a lady drink. The house will end up making money on the Bar fine.

Wendella
04-23-10, 06:49
Seems like a pretty solid example of why it's a better idea to sometimes allow some "politics" in this thread -- such as what's going on in Bangkok at the moment, so that members here don't stupidly walk into battle scenes the way Bravo just did last night.

If he'd arrived half an hour later on Skytrain, he might have been one of the casualties. 5 blasts total, one up on skytrain and 4 others down at street level.

2 foreigners were seriously injured by bomb blasts last night, and around 100 people total. Conflicting reports on deaths but at least 1 died. These weren't people involved in the protest but innocent bystanders, like people who happened to be up on the skytrain platform when a grenade hit it.

And on another note: one has to admire Bravo's sense of focus. Runs for his life from a bombing to Tilac to go find his stunner from the night before. (then again, maybe he was in a state of shock)

Pablo
04-23-10, 07:27
I get on a plane tomorrow for Bangkok. I've often used the Sala Daeng BTS stop for my trips to Patpong, but I guess I'll cross that off the itinerary for this trip. There's a few bars there that I like to stop at on my visits to Bangkok. I'm almost tempted to come in the back way off Surawong side but I guess that would be stupid. It sounds like the potential for fun is way down in Patpong anyway. So I guess it's all Soi Cowboy, Nana and 2 or 3 glorious nights in Pattaya this trip. Thanks again for the reports.

Allover
04-23-10, 08:39
Giotto your updates are much appreciated. Apparently a large number of us, including myself, have tickets to come to BKK in the near future.

The events of today are especially troubling. The scumbags using bombs at Sala Dang know the area is frequented by tourists. Today's events are a definite turn for the worse.

11Bravo
04-23-10, 09:14
If he'd arrived half an hour later on SkytrainOr left Camelot 5 minutes earlier...

And on another note: one has to admire Bravo's sense of focus. Runs for his life from a bombing to Tilac to go find his stunner from the night before. (then again, maybe he was in a state of shock)No, just very aware of the limited free time I have... :) And the reality of the situation, and its localization.

As the old cliche goes, "If a bullet has your name on it, that's all she wrote. It's those marked 'to whom it may concern' that you have to worry about".

I get on a plane tomorrow for Bangkok. I've often used the Sala Daeng BTS stop for my trips to Patpong, but I guess I'll cross that off the itinerary for this trip. There's a few bars there that I like to stop at on my visits to Bangkok. I'm almost tempted to come in the back way off Surawong side but I guess that would be stupid. It sounds like the potential for fun is way down in Patpong anyway. So I guess it's all Soi Cowboy, Nana and 2 or 3 glorious nights in Pattaya this trip. Thanks again for the reports.I was STUPID; didn't realize that the red lines had extended to the edge of Lupini Park. But even if I had, wouldn't have thought that much about it as it would be a quick dash to Patpong. Error in judgment.

Patpong. I'd give Patpong a total miss for the moment. Just not worth going there, and I'd say that even without the avoidance incentive of bombs going off. It looks tired, worn out, and there just aren't the numbers of attractive girls in the bars that I happened to look in, anyway.

Funny thing is, I NEVER go there (well, except for the SOL). The only reason was that I had taken some "civilian" visitors there last month (and to BG7, Nana, Cowboy) for the sole reason that if you haven't been to Patpong, you haven't seen the naughty side of BKK, as FALSE as that statement is. But for all those who have only HEARD about BKK, Patpong is the place. If you don't go, once back home, you'll constantly hear "Well, if you DIDN'T go to Patpong, you REALLY didn't see the naughty side" from ALL those who have NEVER been here. Fact of life. While there, picked "a bar" to sample - Camelot was it. 2 attractive girls in there, 1 for looks, 1 for cute/personality. Had gone back with a more personal visit in mind.

Nana. Nana is safe, though dead, what I saw, anyway. G-Spot with 4 girls dancing - would not have believed it without seeing it with my own eyes. Voodoo basically devoid of customers/girls (which comes first?), again, without seeing myself, unbelievable. Rainbows have some possibilities, and I certainly didn't check out EVERY bar, but for me, not worth the walk.

Now Annies MP IS worth visiting the area for, and Morning-Night, or whatever the bar's name is that fronts Soi 4, between Suk and Nana, is worth a visit, just for its front rail vantage point.

Soi 7, Bier Garten. I like, even with no a/c. Do miss the open walls, but do appreciate the higher roof. Good place to spend an afternoon, if nothing else, watching the passing entertainment.

Soi Cowboy. Soi Cowboy is the place, for me, that typifies the "old" BKK bar scene. It just has a feel for "alive". Sitting outside, easy to see any number of attractive demimondaines (intentional nod to Trink) passing by. I like Tilac; it has the feel of any of the "good" bars of last decade's Nana. And the sans-panties dancers represent great marketing - just leaves enough to that most fertile of sexual turn-ons, the imagination. Always enjoy seeing the various styles of wearing the micro skirt - some pulled down as far as possible to obscure as much as possible, others pulled up high, lower cheeks and lips exposed...

Oily MP's. Mango, Tulip, Sazanka (though not strictly an oily), etc., the "Soi Twenties" MP's, for lack of a better term. Fully functional and not in any current danger zone.

I'd just recommend being a bit more situationally aware than I was.

Giotto your updates are much appreciated. ...

The events of today are especially troubling. The scumbags using bombs at Sala Dang know the area is frequented by tourists. The updates are indeed appreciated.

That foreigners were hurt was just the definition of collateral damage. That area is the FINANCIAL center, and I'm not talking about Patpong. It just happened to be the most recent fault line location of the 2 tectonic plates in play here - reds on 1 side, threatening to overrun and close down, the anti-reds/pro govt on the other, fed up with the chaos and loss of business. Plates got too close, rubbed together, and there was a quake. But this was a well defined area, IF I had been paying attention.

And like Goitto says, other places in Thailand aren't having the BKK problems.

Jojosun
04-23-10, 14:35
And Nana Review

Lots of girls after 2am (not much before 11pm), it is an after hours disco now and stays opens till 5am.

Prices are reasonable with cocktail/mixed drinks at 200B and coke at 70B, a JW red is 1750 and mixers are reasonable price. The place has been remodeled so nice and new.

Lots of ladyboys in front of Nana Plaza, so if you're drunk after exiting a go go bar in Nana "buyer beware", unless u're into that LBs.

Spanky is the biggest rip off in Nana, over priced drinks and not that many good looking girls.

Rainbow bars are the best for Quantity and sometimes quality, but most girls there use Yaba and other drugs so they are fucat#d in the head, so don't expect many of them to have good attitudes.

Smaller bars on the 2nd floor like Fantasy is good, at least for me. The girls are more down to earth, and no smoking on the inside. (which is a plus for non-smokers)

A side note on go go bars: If asked for lady drink it is better and cheaper to give them 100B tip. Most BGs I've talked to, says that this is the better route for them because they only received 50B while you are charged 120B+ for a lady drink. The house will end up making money on the Bar fine.Excellent report and advice.

I really get pissed off by Lady Drinks on my travels from Tokyo to Warsaw.

BKK, is no excetpion.

Just money going down the pockets of the venue owners.

A solid piece of advice, cash as a tip and upfront.

DG69
04-24-10, 06:06
- check out where the red shirts are - every day
- don't go close to those areas (close = 1 km )
- don't think that tourists will not be hurt - if you mix up with them, and fight starts, you will be hurt
- don't be a "demonstration" tourist - it's a normal demonstration, not many people at all (approx. 15000), and if you need to go to a demonstration do that in your home countries
- think about that you are a foreigner, and that you should not get involved into the interior issues of another country.

Giotto

Good advice often comes too late. Well I was lucky and nothing bad happend to me, but I walked down yesterday the full length of the roads from Chitlom station to the Money Changer behind Big C and than over Siam Square until MBK. I wear a yellow, green shirt and I agree that was quite stupid.

What I don't understand is why the Baht is still so strong, with all that politic instability. Normally a currency would loose alot of trust and would lose against other currencies, but in Thailand it seems this is not the fact.

BionicMan
04-24-10, 10:34

I really get pissed off by Lady Drinks on my travels from Tokyo to Warsaw.

We (they) are all in it for the money!

The bar runs an activity that requires funding
The girl spends some time with you (whether you take her or not later)
Even if I do not go in the typical go-go bars, I do not have a problem to be the first to ask the girl whether she wants a lady drink (as long as it is not outrageous as in some western night culbs where you have to buy a champagne bottle for 300€!)
According to my opinion sets the mood, the girls understands you respect and value her time, you are not a cheap charlie, and she will be more keen to be nice during that time, whatever can happen later.

11Bravo
04-24-10, 11:07
A side note on go go bars: If asked for lady drink it is better and cheaper to give them 100B tip. Most BGs I've talked to, says that this is the better route for them because they only received 50B while you are charged 120B+ for a lady drink. The house will end up making money on the Bar fine.However, looking at it from the view of her employer (which I am NOT), he's losing 70 baht when she takes a direct tip. Which is why they all have lady drink quotas... If she's fine with it, great; I'd just worry that the boss might not be, and there could be repercussions later. But I'm just guessing...

Jojosun
04-24-10, 13:34
We (they) are all in it for the money!

The bar runs an activity that requires funding.

The girl spends some time with you (whether you take her or not later)
Even if I do not go in the typical go-go bars, I do not have a problem to be the first to ask the girl whether she wants a lady drink (as long as it is not outrageous as in some western night culbs where you have to buy a champagne bottle for 300€!)
According to my opinion sets the mood, the girls understands you respect and value her time, you are not a cheap charlie, and she will be more keen to be nice during that time, whatever can happen later.I agree with you on the Lady drink being an ice breaker, and could lead to a deal sealer for later.

But what pisses me off, is the habit of some girls in some clubs to hit you with quick rounds of lady drinks at expensive prices.

It is not a good idea to appear as a cheap Charlie, or Flash Harry when it comes to buying lady drinks.

A combination of a reasonable no of lady drinks and a reasonable tip, might strike the right balance.

Giotto
04-24-10, 14:51
Guys,

After a day of hope (since last night) and negotiations there is some bad news coming out, and also some rumours.

The PM has refused to accept the softened demands of the Red Shirts to dissolve the house within the next 30 days and arrange elections within 90 days.

There are rumours about a crack-down on Rajprasong Intersection within the next 48 hours.

A guest told me today that the presence of troups / police in the lower Sukhumvit area has increased, and there obviously road blocks / barbwire in the area around Sukhumvit Soi 7. I could not veryify that, and it's a bit strange because its quite far away from the demonstration.

As for the next days avoid:

- Rajpasong, from Ploenchit to MBK
- Pratunam / Panthip Plaza / Sri Ayuttayua
- Silom / Rama IV / Sathon
- Lumpini Park

If you see the roadblocks around Soi 7 skip Nana and go to Cowboy.

Soi 31 - House of the PM - the security is beefed up. No trouble up to now, but quite tense.

Soi 33 is quiet, some customers are here. Still - don't come here, it's too close to the house of the PM.

Giotto

Traveler1234
04-24-10, 15:25
customers are here. Still - don't come here, it's too close to the house of the PM.
Giotto

Fair and balanced reporting by a honest innkeeper! Be safe....

Allover
04-24-10, 17:15
I'm planning to be there in June. Up to now I wasn't worried about visiting BKK. But if there is action around the Nana area and Soi 7, I'm beginning to think about alternate plans. I have the Thai Air non stop from LAX-BKK using FF miles. I've wanted to fly that route for a few years. Darn it.

Cunning Stunt
04-24-10, 18:11
... a different and less palatable type of mongering. Is Thailand really heading towards a disastrous civil war? Maybe not but this article does clarify the issues and future potential dangers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/7629019/Oxford-educated-Prime-Minister-Abhisit-Vejjajiva-faces-Bangkok-Red-Shirt-turmoil.html

BionicMan
04-24-10, 18:39
And Nana Review

... The house will end up making money on the Bar fine.
that is why it is called bar fine..:) to have the bar making money!

Benjamin Be
04-24-10, 18:47
Thank you so much Giotto for updating Bangkok situation, but I have to few questions need to ask you and other senior members urgently.

Is Rajpasong area fully closed or still walkable, skytrain like chitlom station still open to public or not, the reason is I need to visit Erawan Shrine on Tuesday, I don't know it still open or fully close these days.

I realize the risk and danger there and I am willing to take it in certain degree but if whole area is closed to non-red and unable to walk through then I don't see any point going there.

Thanks in advance

Giotto
04-24-10, 18:55
The Nation: Crackdown expected within 48 hours: Reds

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/04/25/politics/Crackdown-expected-within-48-hours-Reds-30127890.html

Please note: The Nation is not really a newspaper that you would call "independent" in your home-country.

Giotto

Pita123
04-24-10, 21:54
Thank you so much Giotto for updating Bangkok situation, but I have to few questions need to ask you and other senior members urgently.

Is Rajpasong area fully closed or still walkable, skytrain like chitlom station still open to public or not, the reason is I need to visit Erawan Shrine on Tuesday, I don't know it still open or fully close these days.

I realize the risk and danger there and I am willing to take it in certain degree but if whole area is closed to non-red and unable to walk through then I don't see any point going there.

Thanks in advance

You wold be foolish to head there in my opinion. You'd be about 10-15 meters from the stage at Rajprasong and you have no idea when things will get nasty. All of the hotels in the area have vacated their guests and shut down. When I was there 3 weeks ago (before the deaths) you couldn't go further on the bridge than the entrance to the mall attached to the Hyatt.

BionicMan
04-24-10, 23:00
I agree with you on the Lady drink being an ice breaker, and could lead to a deal sealer for later.

But what pisses me off, is the habit of some girls in some clubs to hit you with quick rounds of lady drinks at expensive prices.

It is not a good idea to appear as a cheap Charlie, or Flash Harry when it comes to buying lady drinks.

A combination of a reasonable no of lady drinks and a reasonable tip, might strike the right balance.indeed!
common sense is always the best, from both parties, but we know WG have little common sense (in general)

The Pro
04-25-10, 02:13
This report was deleted in accordance with the Forum's Posting Guidelines prohibiting political commentary except in the designated political threads which are identified in the thread title as having been established for political discussions.

Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines for further information.

Thank You!

Jackson

DG69
04-25-10, 03:09

Thanks in advance

I were there last Friday. BTS from Nana to Chitlom was still possible, only Silom line to National Stadium were not working the counter girl at Nana Station told me.
At Chitlom I walked the Skyway in direction Siam Square. At Gaysorn it was blocked and so I went to street level. At Street level, every traffic was death. All around red shirts, mostly laying in the shade, or eating. I found it easier to walk than in normal times. No traffic everything calm.
I had not looked to erawan, but I suppose it's closed.
The Ganesha Temple at Siam Square was death, so I guess for Erawan the same.

Stykler
04-25-10, 03:36
Thanks to those updating us with the latest info.

Can anyone tell me if the latest situation is having an impact on where to get the best exchange rates between $US and $AUD against the Baht? Currently in Australia the best I have been able to see is buying the Baht at 26 and selling at 33 to the $AUD. What can you get in BKK at the moment?

Thanks.

Styk

Av8r
04-25-10, 05:14
I'm planning to be there in June. Up to now I wasn't worried about visiting BKK. But if there is action around the Nana area and Soi 7, I'm beginning to think about alternate plans. I have the Thai Air non stop from LAX-BKK using FF miles. I've wanted to fly that route for a few years. Darn it.

I'm on that same flight in may. My 4th. 2 in business class and 2 in premium economy. Absolutely the best way to get to SE Asia.

11Bravo
04-25-10, 05:21
I agree with you on the Lady drink being an ice breaker, and could lead to a deal sealer for later.

But what pisses me off, is the habit of some girls in some clubs to hit you with quick rounds of lady drinks at expensive prices.I agree. I've seen some bg's MO, and am familiar with the type. She's a butterfly herself, flitting around, and if there's no nectar on IMMEDIATE offer, she moves on to the next flower. And it takes sequential lady drinks to pin her to you, and that only lasts while the lady drinks do. Then it's off to the next sucker.

Sure, I understand lady drinks, and how it's part of their income, the share they get, and if they don't turn in enough, the salary is docked. Fair enough, that's why I'll provide a few while enjoying her company.

I also understand insurance: the occasional request to buy her friend A drink tonight, so tomorrow, if the situation is reversed, she might benefit from the reciprocity. But that's 1, infrequently.

But if the "you buy me lady drink?" pops up in the 1st 3 questions or within the 1st 5 minutes of conversation, the answer will be no. When she moves on, fine with me, just leaves the landing slot open for the next circling flight.

I'm looking for the one who sits down, engages in some light banter, flirts, and waits for you to offer her one. Which I will, perhaps 1 per dance shift IF she's a good dancer (and there are more than 2 dance shifts :)). If I'm not going to pull, just stopping in for a drink before heading home, I'll tell her that up front. Up to her if she wants to stay or move on to better potentials. No harm, no foul if she moves on, but that will be sans drink. If I am going to pull, then I'll leave sooner rather than later, better entertainment at home, one would hope, anyway.

I'll also note that even at the Soi7 Bier Garten, you might get hit with an "indirect" lady drink - the bar tab for that drink she's been nursing while waiting for you... but at least it's a true drink...

Giotto
04-25-10, 08:27
Guys,

After the tense situation from yesterday things are calming down a bit right now.

- Today there was a pre-recorded (yesterday night) weekly talk program with PM Abhisit and General Anupong shown on TV.

- This morning the Red Shirts visited the PMs house in Soi 31. We saw around 200 - 300 red shirts, but a MASSIVE presence of troups and police. MASSIVE! Now (2 pm) - the red shirts have left, and the army/police presence is down to nearly zero. Lower than yesterday.

- There was an important incident yesterday behind the scenes. The Red Shirts threatened to storm Central World (ex World Trade Center), and got the immediate message from the security forces: You storm, we have the right to shoot!

- The actor Methi's arrest and confession (red shirt leaders have given orders to use weapons) turned things during the negotiations of the past few days. Though I expect this to be a propaganda trick it is right now strengthening the position of the Government.

- The Red Shirts are distributing non-red shirts to the crowd, to avoid being easily identified as red shirts.

For that (and many more reasons) I expect the following development:

- There will most likely be NO USE OF FORCE to dissolve the demonstration at Rajprasong Intersection. But - the pressure will be kept up to shrink the number of people there.

- If the demonstrators move anywhere else they will face MASSIVE numbers of soldiers / police and forced back to Rajprasong Intersection.

- Road blocks / checkpoints everywhere around the demonstration site try to block red shirts from getting to the demonstration site.

That's all good so far, now the risks:

- There is the risk of more Grenade attacks.

The Government obviously feels strengthened by the development of the past few days. The grenade attack at Silom, said to be fired from the red shirt area, the "singing-like-a-bird" actor Methi and the developing Multi-Color movement creates significant support for the Government right now.

It now seams to be an advantage for the Government to keep the demonstration running for some more days/weeks, to damage the economy more, to have more people losing their jobs, shops having no businesses and hotels / restaurants without customers to create an anti-red sentiment for the next elections - which will most likely take place end of this year.

The reason that the hardliners cannot accept new elections before October is the yearly re-shuffle within the army: The hardliners want to make sure that a falcon will be the head of the army before the elections will take place.

Back to the conclusions for this board, restrictions for the following areas (as mentioned yesterday):

- Rajpasong, from Ploenchit to MBK
- Pratunam / Panthip Plaza / Sri Ayuttayua
- Silom / Rama IV / Sathon (including Patpong)
- Lumpini Park

If you see a road block / presence of police / army somewhere --> LEAVE the area!

Dress Code (now it gets difficult):

- No red shirts
- No yellow shirts
- No pink shirts
- Avoid blue shirts
- Just - go naked :)

As for the question to visit the Erawan shrine:

Take the skytrain exit Chitlom ... if it is open you can try to walk there, staircase down on the left hand side of the road. You will most likely be checked by some red shirt guards. Stay 2 minutes and leave. Be aware, you are definitely in the center of the main demonstration site. But - nearly all of them are buddhists, you should be safe there.

If exit Chitlom is closed (I think it is right now) - forget it, don't go there.

Giotto

BionicMan
04-25-10, 08:52
Guys,

After the tense situation from yesterday things are calming down a bit right now. ...
Dress Code (now it gets difficult):

- No red shirts
- No yellow shirts
- No pink shirts
- Avoid blue shirts
- Just - go naked :)

Giotto

As the world tends to go green, what about GREEN shirts:)

I think ISG readers and BKK mongerers can't thank you enough, Giotto, for these field reports, aiming to safety rather than to politics!

Member #4351
04-25-10, 09:59
I am currently staying in the Nana area. Just pigged out at the Bukhara Indian restaurant in front of the Landmark. Talked to some chicas on the day shift working that part of Sukhumvit and they are pissed off at the lack of farangs and resulting zero business situation. Here in monger central, everything is quiet except for the diminished Soi Nana farang flora and fauna. A buyer's market IMHO.

Amjeck
04-25-10, 14:57
Talked to some chicas on the day shift working that part of Sukhumvit and they are pissed off at the lack of farangs and resulting zero business situation. Here in monger central, everything is quiet except for the diminished Soi Nana farang flora and fauna. A buyer's market IMHO.
How do you figure it's a buyers market? Street girls going for 500ST? Top notch go go girls giving it up for 1000ST? Gentlemans club girls flocking to Siam Hotel, or Nana Parking lot?

I haven't seen a true buyers market since the airport closure.

Member #3428
04-25-10, 14:58
I haven't seen a true buyers market since the airport closure.Ah. That brings back such sweet memories. What an enjoyable time that was for me.

Member #4351
04-25-10, 15:05
You might be correct. I will amend my comment to: a buyers market on Sukhumvit in front of Nana and the Landmark hotel. I haven't had a chance to check out the clubs or price the top notch go go girls. You have a way of writing which reminds me of the friendly guys on Argentina Private.

M Monroe
04-25-10, 21:16
Hi,

I plan to stay at Westin Grande Sukhumvit from May 5-11.

I have not been there in a year, and with the latest developments I just want to make sure that area is still relatively ok.

Also I gather that its a buyers market, what the going rate for an 8-10 girl?

Danny Inaz
04-25-10, 23:54
These reports are awesome, thanks G.

D

Pita123
04-26-10, 05:27
Hi,

I have not been there in a year, and with the latest developments I just want to make sure that area is still relatively ok.

Too far in the future for any of us to say. For now, it is just fine. Tried to PM you more info, but couldn't.

DG69
04-26-10, 05:50
Hi,

It seems really a buyers market, since there are alot of girls even high quality but not much customer. Though you need to haggle down the girls, since they will ask for even higher prices to keep the income, of the times when they had more customer. Also, the Baht is very strong at the moment. Really don't know why, since the country is in trouble. Thai logic maybe. If the business is low rise the prices.

Jgm005
04-26-10, 07:32
I am and have been staying a stones throw from the Westin and I honestly have not seen anything to cause me concern. No matter what time of the day or night.

Hi,

Wendella
04-26-10, 07:59
I am and have been staying a stones throw from the Westin and I honestly have not seen anything to cause me concern. No matter what time of the day or night.

Well a stone's throw would be 50 metres tops, while grenade launchers can easily hit over 300m. ;)

Member #4351
04-26-10, 09:30
I just got 32.20 at the change kiosk in front of Nefertiti Restaurant (good falafel sandwich) on the arab soi in front of Nana.

Amjeck
04-26-10, 16:24
It seems really a buyers market, since there are alot of girls even high quality but not much customer. Though you need to haggle down the girls, since they will ask for even higher prices to keep the income
So what is the 8-10 market stunners in gogos going for? I'd be surprised if they're in a position yet to take less than 1500ST. Guys on the ground, report on prices.

Jojosun
04-27-10, 00:02

A combination of a reasonable no of lady drinks and a reasonable tip, might strike the right balance.I should have mentioned, that the culprits in this case, were the girls in ex Angels Disco, now (liquid) at the Nana Hotel, and a lot of the girls in Spicey club, at the Ambassador Club (New Name?).

They work in pairs or in threes. Ok I love to chat up girls before I inspect the goodies, but not many rounds at between 180 to 250 bht per lady drink.

Once you buy the first round you get hooked, because if you are interested, and they can sense that they will order few more.

If you don't, you would have lost time and money, and if you do, it can turn into an expensive night by BKK standards, considering ST is around 2000bht.

On a side note, in many sex clubs in Poland, a lot of the girls now go for lady drinks at 50 zloty ($18) a drink, rather than go upstairs to fuck a customer for 200 zloty per hour.

So this makes a lot of common sense to the WGS.

Jgm005
04-27-10, 04:14
And since my last post things have changed in the Sukhumvit/Soi 19 area (Asoke Station). Went out for breakie to the Madrid in Pong 1 via MTR upon return the army has its presence in the Asoke area. With razor wire stacked in the even of need. Does not bother me in the least but the original OP may be concerned.

Also BTS, as a whole, is shutdown. MTR is running including Silom. Upon entry to the Madrid it was suggested I eat quickly and go back. Some kind of incident at the Sala Dang Station. At the time only that station was closed. While eating I noticed that soldiers where pouring out of the car park next to Food land in Pong 2. They use three floors as their home away from home; I guess.

Just another day in Thailand

Well a stone's throw would be 50 metres tops, while grenade launchers can easily hit over 300m. ;)

Golfinho
04-27-10, 04:54
I just got 32.20 at the change kiosk in front of Nefertiti Restaurant (good falafel sandwich) on the arab soi in front of Nana.Also received 32.20 -- from an Arab shop in Silom yesterday afternoon. Very small spread on the dollar: 32.2 -- 32.3. Give them credit. And, your business. For now, at least. note: accepted a hundy not in such good mint condition either, at same rate.

Evianist
04-27-10, 05:14
So what is the 8-10 market stunners in gogos going for? I'd be surprised if they're in a position yet to take less than 1500ST. Guys on the ground, report on prices.

Prices aren't any different.

It's still hard to find a seat in the better bars.

Giotto
04-27-10, 06:39
Also BTS, as a whole, is shutdown. MTR is running including Silom. Upon entry to the Madrid it was suggested I eat quickly and go back. Some kind of incident at the Sala Dang Station.
...BTS is up and running now.

There was a problem at Chitlom station, the red shirts had built a barricade there. This is now resolved.

Giotto

DG69
04-27-10, 07:27

First of all I just have seen maybe 1 or 2 times a 10 in a Gogo-Bar in my whole Life. Unsually the top crop range between 7 to 8,5. But, of course everybody has his own taste. I like big butts combined with long legs and small waists and that is very rare in Thailand. Most girls in Thailand have only flat and underdeveloped asses.
Also, I do very seldom barfine. In this hollyday I did not. I don't support the middle man system. I usually go with freelancer. So, I can't say what the prices in GoGos are.
At the freelancer market you have more freedom and more variety to choose. First it depends were you approach the FL. The same FL can ask 1000 on the street and 1500 in the club. Than it depends on her mood, on her need for Money, on how much see likes you etc.
On Sunday I saw alot of sexy FL on the streets in lower Sukhumvit. Usual price is 1000 for ST. I did not haggle down that price, since it seems reaseonable for me. Yesterday the quality on street was not as good as at Sunday. So, there is no constant supply of good FL, or I was just at the wrong time at the wrong places. Than I were in Climax Disco. Quality wise not the best place, also dark and loud and full of people. The day before I were in Boss and there were much better quality. Though prices in those clubs are higher, since there are many rich guys (mostly Indians and Arabs)who pay alot money for a pop, though also girls look much better. Nevertheless if you looks decend and not too old 3000 LT and 2000 ST is possible with a pretty girl.
Regarding lady drinks in Discos. I never did pay the bill for the drinks of the ladies. I usually stay beside a table were 3 or more girls have a party and one of them starts a talk or rub her body on mine. I try not to touch them or show my interest. So, I can easily leave for other places if I see more appealing girls. If I like one I ask how much and discuss the service. Normally it works fine. Ususally I ask for ST and if it's good LT can be negotiated in the room.

BionicMan
04-27-10, 11:41
BTS is up and running now.

There was a problem at Chitlom station, the red shirts had built a barricade there. This is now resolved.

Giotto
Sounds like reports from front line
how much is it of that?
I mean: I can imagine in the key and spot areas the feeling must be of frontline with a bit of no-man land. Really empty or reduced activities or jsut business nearly as normal with attentive eyes and caution to react and run away?
How's the feeling off the hot areas?
You reported soi 31 is a potential hot area for the well known reasons: does this affect the normality of soi33? Fact you suggested to go monger somewhere else, makes me understand it is better to stay away in general.
We all know that in these situations anthing can burst all of a sudden.
A safe place can be a no-safe place.
And an unsafe place can just be "normal".
Just trying to understand and figure out

DG69
04-27-10, 13:11
Today were alot of Police and Military around Asok and lower Sukhumvit, better to say from Asok up one or two bloks into lower Sukhumvit. Soldiers were in full monty, with shot guns and assault rifle.
Indeed a strange feeling as I walk by. The day before I saw a sign at Sheraton Grande (if I am not wrong) which says limited access at the moment. Maybe there is a summit or something?

Somewhere15
04-27-10, 13:19
First of all I just have seen maybe 1 or 2 times a 10 in a Gogo-Bar in my whole Life. Unsually the top crop range between 7 to 8,5. But, of course everybody has his own taste. I like big butts combined with long legs and small waists and that is very rare in Thailand. Most girls in Thailand have only flat and underdeveloped asses.
Also, I do very seldom barfine. In this hollyday I did not. I don't support the middle man system. I usually go with freelancer. So, I can't say what the prices in GoGos are.
At the freelancer market you have more freedom and more variety to choose. First it depends were you approach the FL. The same FL can ask 1000 on the street and 1500 in the club. Than it depends on her mood, on her need for Money, on how much see likes you etc.
On Sunday I saw alot of sexy FL on the streets in lower Sukhumvit. Usual price is 1000 for ST. I did not haggle down that price, since it seems reaseonable for me. Yesterday the quality on street was not as good as at Sunday. So, there is no constant supply of good FL, or I was just at the wrong time at the wrong places. Than I were in Climax Disco. Quality wise not the best place, also dark and loud and full of people. The day before I were in Boss and there were much better quality. Though prices in those clubs are higher, since there are many rich guys (mostly Indians and Arabs)who pay alot money for a pop, though also girls look much better. Nevertheless if you looks decend and not too old 3000 LT and 2000 ST is possible with a pretty girl.
Regarding lady drinks in Discos. I never did pay the bill for the drinks of the ladies. I usually stay beside a table were 3 or more girls have a party and one of them starts a talk or rub her body on mine. I try not to touch them or show my interest. So, I can easily leave for other places if I see more appealing girls. If I like one I ask how much and discuss the service. Normally it works fine. Ususally I ask for ST and if it's good LT can be negotiated in the room.

How do you approach a FL on the street?

DG69
04-27-10, 13:31
How do you approach a FL on the street?

Maybe the word freelancer isn't exactly right. Better word is working girls. There are alot between Soi 3 and Soi 5, near Thermae, at Nana Car Park and Grace Hotel. Later at night all along lower Sukhumvit.
Though freelancer can also be found occationally. Last year I was sitting on a bench in Chuvit Park (Soi 10) and a read a book suddenly I got approached by a FL. She was quite pretty, but too petite for my taste.
Today I walked back to my Hotel at afternoon and saw two girls walking down the street. The one was pretty, so I tried to catch her eye and flirt. The responce was very, good the waived hand and turned head several times. Would be no problem to approach her.
It's so easy in Bangkok, so why should I barfine, that's money for nothing and often GoGo girls provide bad service. Well, at least the better looking ones.

Giotto
04-27-10, 14:12
You reported soi 31 is a potential hot area for the well known reasons: does this affect the normality of soi33? Fact you suggested to go monger somewhere else, makes me understand it is better to stay away in general.
Bionicman,

Difficult question.

I warn, because the situation is unpredictable with the grenade attacks. They obviously don't care to hurt tourism - that means, that this attacks can happen everywhere. Politically it is that complex that it is difficult to estimate how long it will last. It is my understanding right now, that the real problem lies in the army, and that the incidents of the 10.04. were the attempts to eliminate a major group of officers, which are preferred in the reshuffle and block others from being promoted. This explains why no action is taken besides moving soldiers around and clear a road block here and there.

I heard about the troops in the lower Sukhumvit area today. Not sure what the reason is, but right straight up the Sukhumvit road passing ploenchit and Chitlom there is the center of the demonstration, easy to get there from Sukhumvit.

As for Soi 31 - we are used to the police trucks and troops in Soi 31 since weeks now, so we don't really feel it any more.

As for the business - let me speak for Livingstone's Lodge, how it is here since 10.04.2010:

- we have very few customers in the hotel
- we have one or two tables in the nights in the restaurant
- we have sometimes a few customers in the bar

Besides the fact that our girls get horny (no sex) - if that continues we are clearly on the way to bankruptcy.

Giotto

Fon Tok
04-27-10, 15:25
....It is my understanding right now, that the real problem lies in the army, and that the incidents of the 10.04. were the attempts to eliminate a major group of officers, which are preferred in the reshuffle and block others from being promoted. This explains why no action is taken besides moving soldiers around and clear a road block here and there.Interesting. I've only read this in one other place. Since it was an army colonel (a commander of the queen's guard) who was the first to die in the 10.4 bloodbath, there is a good chance that the rest of the casualties (20+ people) were collateral damage that occurred when the situation exploded.

Besides the fact that our girls get horny (no sex) - if that continues we are clearly on the way to bankruptcy.Horny bargirls? Maybe it's time to convert to a Gentlemen's Club, or an after hours club. The long term view for tourism is not looking good for TH at the moment.

I'll be back in a couple of weeks. I want to spend a few nights at LL with my young flower shop girl before I officially arrive home. My #1 GF is jealous as a mean snake.

DG69
04-27-10, 15:49
I heard about the troops in the lower Sukhumvit area today. Not sure what the reason is, but right straight up the Sukhumvit road passing ploenchit and Chitlom there is the center of the demonstration, easy to get there from Sukhumvit.

I doubt that. The military was stationary and not on the move. The had loudspeaker truck on the medial strip. The soldiers had uge chillybins with cold towels and drinks. The company were divided in many small squads all along the road sides, skyway and Asok BTS Plattform.
I guess they got a tip that the red shirts plan another road blocking in that area. Strang is that the police and soldiers were only on the lower Sukhumvit side of the Asok intersection and not at the other side in direction Emporium.
Maybe they protected something in the Sheraton, Westin, or other conference Hotels in that area.

Somewhere15
04-27-10, 23:40
Maybe the word freelancer isn't exactly right. Better word is working girls. There are alot between Soi 3 and Soi 5, near Thermae, at Nana Car Park and Grace Hotel. Later at night all along lower Sukhumvit.
Though freelancer can also be found occationally. Last year I was sitting on a bench in Chuvit Park (Soi 10) and a read a book suddenly I got approached by a FL. She was quite pretty, but too petite for my taste.
Today I walked back to my Hotel at afternoon and saw two girls walking down the street. The one was pretty, so I tried to catch her eye and flirt. The responce was very, good the waived hand and turned head several times. Would be no problem to approach her.
It's so easy in Bangkok, so why should I barfine, that's money for nothing and often GoGo girls provide bad service. Well, at least the better looking ones.

Txs DG69 for the explanation.
In general I do not like the sw on lower suk, although its already better on the terrace by Gulliver's. I also had sometimes succes on the terrace from the Landmark (lot of walking girls from and to the Nana BTS).
I recognize that you use the same tricks as I use. Hope to be back within 4 weeks (and if the red shirts demo is solved).

Terry Terrier
04-28-10, 01:21
It is my understanding right now, that the real problem lies in the army, and that the incidents of the 10.04. were the attempts to eliminate a major group of officers, which are preferred in the reshuffle and block others from being promoted. This explains why no action is taken besides moving soldiers around and clear a road block here and there.

Giotto

Think this is what G is alluding to:

http://asiapacific.anu.edu.au/newmandala/2010/04/27/the-deep-political-crisis-within-the-royal-thai-army-officer-corps/

Worrying times.

Kenster
04-28-10, 03:20
Bionicman,

Difficult question.

I warn, because the situation is unpredictable with the grenade attacks. They obviously don't care to hurt tourism - that means, that this attacks can happen everywhere. Politically it is that complex that it is difficult to estimate how long it will last. It is my understanding right now, that the real problem lies in the army, and that the incidents of the 10.04. were the attempts to eliminate a major group of officers, which are preferred in the reshuffle and block others from being promoted. This explains why no action is taken besides moving soldiers around and clear a road block here and there.

As for Soi 31 - we are used to the police trucks and troops in Soi 31 since weeks now, so we don't really feel it any more.

As for the business - let me speak for Livingstone's Lodge, how it is here since 10.04.2010:

- we have very few customers in the hotel
- we have one or two tables in the nights in the restaurant
- we have sometimes a few customers in the bar

Besides the fact that our girls get horny (no sex) - if that continues we are clearly on the way to bankruptcy.

Giotto

Hi Giotto!

Considering the outlook is so bleak and grim with no clear end insight, forgive me for being slightly opportunistic for asking, but are there any good deals to be had for booking travel into BKK now?

Maybe some cheap hotel deals to be locked in now for travel in May or June?

Sad that this whole situation has come to that though and people needing to make a living are suffering as a result whilst this whole fiasco drags on.

Kenster.

Giotto
04-28-10, 05:51
Considering the outlook is so bleak and grim with no clear end insight, forgive me for being slightly opportunistic for asking, but are there any good deals to be had for booking travel into BKK now?
Kenster,

I am quite sure that you can get good hotel deals in nearly all hotels in Bangkok right now. Just ask.

Giotto

DG69
04-28-10, 06:25
@Somewhere15: To be honest I never took a SW from lower Sukhumvit. There are some OK looking ones, beside the many Ladyboys. If one is into African Queens, he can find there some.
On Nana Car Park are often better looking Working Girls and of course in Thermae, are some really cute and young Freelancer to be found. Though a bit more difficult to approach, since some are extreme shy, others caters only Asian guys.
Than off course there are the daytime spots at Gulliver, Biergarten and some other places, like the Snooker-Halll next to Soi 7 Food Court. But, I prefer the Freelancer from the various Discos. They have often a normal job, or are part time free lancer and looks often much better than the most GoGo-Girls.

Giotto
04-28-10, 09:32
All,

If somebody needs to go to the old airport today (Don Muang) - forget it. Don't even try.

The highway is blocked in both directions, and a group of red shirts (obviously a larger group) is somehow blocked there - rumours say that they are surrounded by troops.

Giotto

PS 4:10 pm:
Rumours about explosions at Saladaeng. Guys, better stay at the hotels today!

PS 4:12 pm:
Helicopters in the air.

Giotto
04-28-10, 10:26
STAY AT YOUR HOTELS TODAY.

Warnings suddenly from all sides. A soldier has been killed at Don Muang - but obviously only minor injuries on the side of the red shirts. This can provide a good "reason" for the army to act.

Rumours (4:25 pm): Gun shots/explosions are heard at Rajprasong Intersection and Silom!

The live stream from the UDD demo is down.

Giotto

PS 4:37 pm:
Rumours from the UDD - the soldier was killed by friendly fire. One civilian severely injured.

What do we learn: Do not believe anything from any side, whether it is Government or UDD - AND STAY SAFE AT YOUR HOTEL TODAY!

Somewhere15
04-28-10, 11:06
@Somewhere15: To be honest I never took a SW from lower Sukhumvit. There are some OK looking ones, beside the many Ladyboys. If one is into African Queens, he can find there some.
On Nana Car Park are often better looking Working Girls and of course in Thermae, are some really cute and young Freelancer to be found. Though a bit more difficult to approach, since some are extreme shy, others caters only Asian guys.
Than off course there are the daytime spots at Gulliver, Biergarten and some other places, like the Snooker-Halll next to Soi 7 Food Court. But, I prefer the Freelancer from the various Discos. They have often a normal job, or are part time free lancer and looks often much better than the most GoGo-Girls.

Thanks DG69.
It seems we act the same. I also prefer pick ups from disco or shopping malls.

Just for my information: where exactly do I find Thermae?

Txs,

DG69
04-28-10, 12:07
Thanks DG69.
It seems we act the same. I also prefer pick ups from disco or shopping malls.

Just for my information: where exactly do I find Thermae?

Txs,

It's between Soi 15 and Soi 17 if I am not wrong. In the basement of a run down Chinese Hotel. It's a bit difficult to find if you not know about it. But, have a look on working girls. They often stay outside for what reason ever, or have a meal at a food stall in front of Thermae. If you don't find, just ask one of the girls for direction.

11Bravo
04-28-10, 13:09
It's between Soi 15 and Soi 17 if I am not wrong. Close, but... Between Soi's 13 and 15. Ruamchitt Plaza. Look for a Sports Bar on the left hand side of the building, ground floor. On the right hand side is a money exchange and a red atm. Right below the money exchange is a staircase leading down - that's the entrance to Thermae.

It's past the construction site in front of the Ambassador hotel, and if you reach soi 15, you've gone too far.

Golfinho
04-28-10, 13:40
It's between Soi 15 and Soi 17 if I am not wrong. In the basement of a run down Chinese Hotel. It's a bit difficult to find if you not know about it. But, have a look on working girls. They often stay outside for what reason ever, or have a meal at a food stall in front of Thermae. If you don't find, just ask one of the girls for direction.Ruamchit Hotel. It has a big sign. Between there and the Asoke station, centering around the Robinson's, scads of open air freelancers every night after sundown. Maybe (maybe) marginally fresher than what's lower down Sukhumvit.

Pita123
04-28-10, 14:26
shopping malls.

shopping malls?

Giotto
04-28-10, 16:52
Guys,

the only word that describes sufficiently what's happening here in Bangkok is: Ridiculous!

Soldiers kill other soldiers, and the Government presents M79 grenades found in a car (later it was a motor bike) stopped at a checkpoint, combined with papers that indicate the origins, but the driver manages to run ... and even The Nation comments that this story "smells" ...

I think it should be quiet tonight (of course you never can be sure that the soldiers somewhere starts to shoot each other, or they all commit suicide or something like that ...).

Hopefully the Government accepts now its own inability to deal with this crisis, and steps down. And if not because of the demands of the red shirts - then because this Government has now proven to the world that it is simply incapable!

It's disgusting to watch all this. Unbelievable!

Giotto

Saint Mint
04-28-10, 18:01
Guys,

the only word that describes sufficiently what's happening here in Bangkok is: Ridiculous!

Soldiers kill other soldiers, and the Government presents M79 grenades found in a car (later it was a motor bike) stopped at a checkpoint, combined with papers that indicate the origins, but the driver manages to run ... and even The Nation comments that this story "smells" ...

I think it should be quiet tonight (of course you never can be sure that the soldiers somewhere starts to shoot each other, or they all commit suicide or something like that ...).

Hopefully the Government accepts now its own inability to deal with this crisis, and steps down. And if not because of the demands of the red shirts - then because this Government has now proven to the world that it is simply incapable!

It's disgusting to watch all this. Unbelievable!

GiottoYep, everyday watching the news in Pattaya. Nothing much happening here. Red shirts have a meeting point in the north of Pattaya near the back of Big C. Very close to Hollywood and Differ. It ramped up a bit during the weekend. Tonight nothing. I think even the TVs with the reds TV station blaring out had gone. But, police checks were close by and, didn't look like they were looking for guys not wearing crash helmets. Lets see what tomorrow brings?

The Pro
04-28-10, 21:32
This report was deleted in accordance with the Forum's Posting Guidelines prohibiting political commentary except in the designated political threads which are identified in the thread title as having been established for political discussions.

Thank You!

Jackson

M Monroe
04-28-10, 23:11
Getting Way off the topic.

Will be in LOS next week.

Are there any "Indoor" areas where I can still have a cigar and scotch?

Must be upscale, not a trashy place.

I know only of the Oriental Hotel, which I will go to,

But looking for an alternative as well.

Somewhere15
04-28-10, 23:20
shopping malls?

I was succesfull over the years in the Emporium, MBK and Saison Square

Mr Enternational
04-28-10, 23:22
On Nana Car Park are often better looking Working Girls and of course in Thermae, are some really cute and young Freelancer to be found. Though a bit more difficult to approach, since some are extreme shy, others caters only Asian guys.I'm a black guy and when I went into Thermae there was absolutely no love. I was forced to regress to Nana Car Park, my usual spot.

DG69
04-29-10, 05:22
I'm a black guy and when I went into Thermae there was absolutely no love. I was forced to regress to Nana Car Park, my usual spot.

I am a white guy and I also get there discriminated, by some of the girls. Well maybe that's not the right word. Some of the girls there, choosed to cater only Asian or even more specific Japanese customer. Once I asked on girl myself and she told me she only goes with Japanese. I told her I am Japanese. But, she didn't believe me.;-)
Nevertheless, there are pretty girls there to find. Similar like in Nataree if you know what I mean? And more important I could pull out some pretty girls there, whose provided a good service.

Wendella
04-29-10, 06:53
I am a white guy and I also get there discriminated, by some of the girls. Well maybe that's not the right word.

sounds like discriminated to me ;)

I guess now we can all share a group hug here as fellow victims of discrimination. The United Colors of Too Large Dicks. ;)

Fast Eddie 48
04-29-10, 07:10
I am a white guy and I also get there discriminated, by some of the girls. Well maybe that's not the right word. Some of the girls there, choosed to cater only Asian or even more specific Japanese customer. Once I asked on girl myself and she told me she only goes with Japanese. I told her I am Japanese. But, she didn't believe me.

Nevertheless, there are pretty girls there to find. Similar like in Nataree if you know what I mean? And more important I could pull out some pretty girls there, whose provided a good service.To DG69,

Thai girl is smart they go for the easy money, Japanese have small dick and big money something that I don't have you just cannot beat them, there are so many p4p in Bangkok just ask the next one.

Fast Eddie 48

Redfield10
04-29-10, 07:26
Should just stay in your own country. I get soooo f'n tired of hearing "I'm a Black guy and I"m so discimriminated against".

If you worked where I do and you saw the Black advantage that my co-workers get. Maybe it's just Karma?

Or maybe your personalitiy just sucks? Ever occur to you it ain't about race, dude?

I get so f'n tired of hearing the race card thrown at every chance.

I was born on a poor homesteaders farm in the Midwest and me and my family worked hard and made it! My SE Asian neighbor moved her dirt poor from Vietnam and her daughter is a doctor.!

Just stating the facts Mr. Blackenternational!

I'm a black guy and when I went into Thermae there was absolutely no love. I was forced to regress to Nana Car Park, my usual spot.

LittleBigMan
04-29-10, 07:58
sounds like discriminated to me ;)

I guess now we can all share a group hug here as fellow victims of discrimination. The United Colors of Too Large Dicks. ;)Reverse discrimination!

Whenever I go down to Beach Road, Soi 6, Soi, 7,8, 13, 13/1 etc... Walking St.. I never get a call of Handsome man ( maybe because I'm really not ) because I'm Asian and look Thai. Its not until I speak and they get over the amasement that when it comes to paying I get the Farang price.

Now I have been to Thermaes in the past, never was my thing, plus too much damn smoke. And when I go there I get all the attention until they find out I'm just like any other Farang I not paying those f--king prices the other Asians are paying.

I can't win. Where do guys like me go?

LBM

Goyave
04-29-10, 08:54
... The United Colors of Too Large Dicks. ;)

... or tighter wallets?

Jgm005
04-29-10, 09:34
It is there if you wish. I have had success at Central World and Paragon cosmetic counters. Robinsons also. And, drum roll, McDonalds at Lat Praoe. And I am not some young pup.

I was succesfull over the years in the Emporium, MBK and Saison Square

Amjeck
04-29-10, 09:41
Some of the girls there, choosed to cater only Asian or even more specific Japanese customer.
I've found that most of these girls aren't very good in bed anyways. They are so used to 3-3-3. Better to find a girl who actually wants to go with you and who is willing to fuck longer than 3 minutes.

Amjeck
04-29-10, 09:44
Prices aren't any different.

It's still hard to find a seat in the better bars.
As I expected. Not much can kill the sex trade. When guys need to get laid they'll run through a mine field if need be.

Somewhere15
04-29-10, 09:59
It is there if you wish. I have had success at Central World and Paragon cosmetic counters. Robinsons also. And, drum roll, McDonalds at Lat Praoe. And I am not some young pup.

Neither me :)

DG69
04-29-10, 12:27
I've found that most of these girls aren't very good in bed anyways. They are so used to 3-3-3. Better to find a girl who actually wants to go with you and who is willing to fuck longer than 3 minutes.

Well, that's a generalization which is not in all cases true. I had last year a 19 years old Student (at least so she told) who provided a decent service, also one or two other girls from there were good gfe.
On the other hand side I had the day before yesterday a girl from Spicy who showed alot of affection in the club, but was a starfish in a hurry during the deed. So, you never know beforehand what you will get.
But, stop there might be some good tests. Try to dance with her. If she grind her body on your, than it is a good sign. Kissing is also a good way to find out if she is gfe. But, I am normally too reserved to kiss. I made the experience non pushy behavior gives you a better position, when it comes to talk about prices.

Minuteman
04-29-10, 12:45
It is there if you wish. I have had success at Central World and Paragon cosmetic counters. Robinsons also. And, drum roll, McDonalds at Lat Praoe. And I am not some young pup.I've had my best luck at scoring freebies with (a) cocktail waitresses at expensive western hotels, (b) waitresses at restaurants that I frequent, and (c) girls I am crammed next to on the skytrain.

Wendella
04-29-10, 15:00
... or tighter wallets?

If it's ok with you, I prefer to think my dick is too large. Makes me feel better. ;)

Jojosun
04-29-10, 18:09
Close, but. Between Soi's 13 and 15. Ruamchitt Plaza. Look for a Sports Bar on the left hand side of the building, ground floor. On the right hand side is a money exchange and a red atm. Right below the money exchange is a staircase leading down. That's the entrance to Thermae.

It's past the construction site in front of the Ambassador hotel, and if you reach soi 15, you've gone too far.Ambassador Hotel is midway on Soi 11, and there wasn't any construction site in front of it in May, 09.

Theramee is right on SUK from what I remember, between Soi's 13 and 15.

Goyave
04-30-10, 04:27
If it's ok with you, I prefer to think my dick is too large. Makes me feel better. ;)

According to my own experience, I tend to believe that a large wallet is the best sexual lubricant: it usually opens even the tightest asses, regardless of its owner's dick size! :D

Wendella
04-30-10, 07:04
According to my own experience, I tend to believe that a large wallet is the best sexual lubricant: it usually opens even the tightest asses, regardless of its owner's dick size! :D

I find it hard enough to wedge it in there as it is, hate to think how hard it'd be with a wallet wrapped around it. One question: do I wear the condom inside or over the outside of the wallet?

Goyave
04-30-10, 07:28
I find it hard enough to wedge it in there as it is, hate to think how hard it'd be with a wallet wrapped around it. One question: do I wear the condom inside or over the outside of the wallet?

:D Love your humor, Wendella, but this thread is becoming too much surrealistic for me to carry on any further on this topic with my limited skills in English, alas.

11Bravo
04-30-10, 08:37
Ambassador Hotel is midway on Soi 11, and there wasn't any construction site in front of it in May, 09.

Theramee is right on SUK from what I remember, between Soi's 13 and 15.Correct, Ambassador is between soi's 11 and 13. I was not referring to the entrance on soi 11, but was referencing the OLD Ambassador plaza/annex (burnt down number of years ago) that did have a car park and entrance to the hotel that fronted Sukhumvit.

The condo construction site built on the old car park/annex site now masks the hotel from Sukhumvit. So if you were coming from "lower" Sukhumvit, you'd walk past the construction site, past Soi 13, and maybe 10m further on, look to your left.

Coming that way is the best way to come, as you'll see the Coffee Shop sign on the wall above the staircase. Coming from Soi 15, you'll tend to miss it.

The real trick is understanding Thermae is in the BASEMENT...

According to my own experience, I tend to believe that a large wallet is the best sexual lubricant: it usually opens even the tightest asses, regardless of its owner's dick size! :DLOL

Daddy San
04-30-10, 10:35
according to my own experience, i tend to believe that a large wallet is the best sexual lubricant: it usually opens even the tightest asses, regardless of its owner's dick size! :d

i agree, that a large wallet will ease access into many (most?) asses, provided it contains cash and not just pictures of the wife and kids.
i do love to indulge, but using cash to overcome a girl's otherwise strong reluctance to the act, usually results in poor performance and little or no enjoyment to me. it make me feel like a [CodeWord126] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord126).

with most of the eden, flower but also snowwhite and mango girls there is no trace of reluctance which makes the experience much more enjoyable.
the best experience are, when the girl is - at least seemingly - enjoying the ride too.
here is a recent, memorable episode.
and yes, i know it is in the wrong thread!

in february, i had several good to fantastic sessions with different girls at mango.
well into the second round of one of those sessions, we were both getting lazy/tired, with the girl just sitting on my legs cow-girl wise and slowly playing with my tools while chit-chatting in her limited english.
then, without warning, as if to find a more comfortable position, she raised her ass and impaled it in my dick, continuing to talk as if nothing had happened.
we must have remained like that for at least 10 minutes, she sitting on me, leaning against my drawn-up legs, with my dick implanted in her ass but without really moving. every time she felt my dick wilting, she did some magic with her sphincter muscles to bring it back to life.
an unforgettable session, but unfortunately i cannot remember her name!

Goyave
04-30-10, 11:18
i agree, that a large wallet will ease access into many (most?) asses, provided it contains cash and not just pictures of the wife and kids.
i do love to indulge, but using cash to overcome a girl's otherwise strong reluctance to the act, usually results in poor performance and little or no enjoyment to me. it make me feel like a [CodeWord126] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord126)...

i was mostly joking with my previous comment, but i've noticed a few amazing things with local girls since my first sojourn in thailand in 1999.

your mileage may vary, but according to my own experience, when a local girl is really reluctant to do something, she won't do it even with a reasonable incentive (she might do it if you are ready to spend indecent amounts of cash for the privilege, but it's not something that i would do usually in this country).

but many (maybe most) girls would try something new with (or without) a "decent motivation", and sometimes, they might even enjoy it, even though they were a little reluctant before trying it. it often happens with anal sex, for instance. maybe am i very lucky, but more often than not, girls who've tried anal sex for the first time with me are not reluctant anymore since, and i know a couple among them who even seem to enjoy it more than "regular" sex now. of course, they will enjoy it even more if you tip them well for thanking them to allow you to use their "backdoor"! :d

here's another joke for you, guys!

question: "how can you be sure that your girlfriend (or wife) just has had an orgasm?"
my answer: "i don't know, because i never let her borrow my credit card!".

BionicMan
04-30-10, 11:28
I've had my best luck at scoring freebies with (a) cocktail waitresses at expensive western hotels, (b) waitresses at restaurants that I frequent, and (c) girls I am crammed next to on the skytrain.
How much freebies were they? In relation to your time and their time?
Were they providing GFE?

Amjeck
04-30-10, 18:28
I agree, that a large wallet will ease access into many (most?) asses, provided it contains cash and not just pictures of the wife and kids.

What percentage of girls can you upsell to get access? How much more money are you offering for this?

Darkman
04-30-10, 21:49
I'm a black guy and when I went into Thermae there was absolutely no love. I was forced to regress to Nana Car Park, my usual spot.Well I am a dark black man and went I go there I get lot of love before a go in and plenty went I am inside. So in my opinion it is not your color that is the issue.

DG69
05-01-10, 04:58
Today morning when I walked down from Soi 4 to my Hotel I saw that Sukhumvit is blocked at Nana / Soi 3 / Sukhumvit corner. But only the one track. First I thought thats the red shirts. They expanded their road-blocking from Chitlom to ploenchit, recently. But, the road blocking had an other reason.
At the construction site next to Miami Hotel (Soi 11/1 or Soi 13?) a crane collapsed. Luckly the crane felt not onto the Skytrain track. That would have made a mayor damage. The crane just felt on the Miami Hotel and damaged the higher floors. There were already a mobile crane to secure and dismount the broken crane.
I guess the have overload and deblocked the security switch, otherwise I do not understand why the crane collapsed, since there were no earthquake, nor heavy wind.

Pita123
05-01-10, 05:18
I've had my best luck at scoring freebies with (a) cocktail waitresses at expensive western hotels, (b) waitresses at restaurants that I frequent, and (c) girls I am crammed next to on the skytrain.

Ok, tell us more about a and c. Most specifically, how do you deal with the fact that a are not supposed to fraternize with the guests?

Phil Istine
05-01-10, 06:22
I will be getting in to Bangkok late one night next week and leaving early in the morning for PP.

I am stayi ng at the cheapie queens garden resort.

Is there any action around the airport area late at night?

Seems a shame to stop in Bangkok and not indulge.

Not cricket really, is it?

NicFrenchy
05-01-10, 07:28
Well I am a dark black man and went I go there I get lot of love before a go in and plenty went I am inside. So in my opinion it is not your color that is the issue.

Yes, I think so too.

I mean, Yes, Thais are Racist, that is a fact, maybe even more so with darker skinned guys but NOT in P4P. they couldn't care less what color you are as long as you agree to pay them what they want.
They are not looking for love.

Chris Rock said it best: "Women don't give a shit what kind of man they get as long as he has a dick and a job!"

NicFrenchy
05-01-10, 07:37
Ok, tell us more about a and c. Most specifically, how do you deal with the fact that a are not supposed to fraternize with the guests?

They have to!!! their job is to please the customers when on duty. What happens outside the hotel is not the management's business, unless of course it ends up affecting the business.

As for BTS Ladies, it's not that hard, really. All you need is a map and a smile.
1. see a girl you like
2. approach her in a very innocent way: Map of Bangkok comes very handy because then you can chat her up and not catch the attention of anyone else. Remember, good thai girls are very alert about how people see them and what others think about them.
3. Just tell them you have a meeting in the area in about an hour, you are early and are looking for a coffee shop to pass time. Tell the girl that she looks really friendly and that she is welcome to join you for a coffee if she wants.
4. My success Rate: about 1 out of 5 girls will accept, some will laugh and refuse, some will get scared and just walk away.

5. BTS girls picked up in 5 years: about a dozen
6. Sex had with only 2 of the girls, the others were a waste of time

Hope this helps

Amjeck
05-01-10, 10:29
4. My success Rate: about 1 out of 5 girls will accept, some will laugh and refuse, some will get scared and just walk away.

5. BTS girls picked up in 5 years: about a dozen
6. Sex had with only 2 of the girls, the others were a waste of time

Hope this helps
I've had a few pickups on the bts that led to sex also. I don't think its a very good place to pickup, but it can be done. I found that the girls were easier to approach when the BTS first opened up years ago. Now days it's totally different!

Member #3428
05-01-10, 10:45
I've had a few pickups on the bts that led to sex also. I don't think its a very good place to pickup, but it can be done. I found that the girls were easier to approach when the BTS first opened up years ago. Now days it's totally different!With respect, if you are talking about BTS around Nana / Asoke area then it is pretty easy to pick up as the numbers of working girls are large and clearly identifiable. Either before or after work. Definitely easy to get phone numbers.

Assume we are talking about freebies, while not exactly or always free some can B. I've had few I've paid and few I've not paid cash (but meals). We all end up paying one way or another usually. For the non P4P crowd I've ended up with with some non pro's from that region (working regular jobs and school but assume they could be semi P4P we never know all details and they are all innocent girls), I found Asoke station to be pretty good actually.

Helps if you look like you are working in BKK, slacks and button down shirt, bag etc. In other words avoid wearing shorts, tank top, sandals with waist pack and staring at their tits like a 16 year with his first playboy.

BionicMan
05-01-10, 17:46
I've had a few pickups on the bts that led to sex also. I don't think its a very good place to pickup, but it can be done. I found that the girls were easier to approach when the BTS first opened up years ago. Now days it's totally different!Did they think it was a dating place?

Hallodri Love
05-01-10, 21:20
Actually I'm planning a Thailand trip on end of June.

I'm not scared of the red shirts because as long they don't block the airport or public transportation it might be ok.

But I wonder how is the situation around Nana Plaza or around Soy Cowboy.

Are the places almost empty? No tourists or no girls or both?

Is it still possible to go to discos and pubs with life music? For example last year I enjoyed a lot in a pub near nana plaza, they hat every day live music. It was crowded even on July, but if it's now everywhere almost empty.

I would appreciate a lot if anybody can report sometimes about the nightlife situation.

I used the search function, bit I didn't find thi information.

Suller Joe
05-01-10, 21:51
Well I am a dark black man and went I go there I get lot of love before a go in and plenty went I am inside. So in my opinion it is not your color that is the issue.I'd say 80% of the girls I've met complain about having too dark skin. They don't like it. Period. Nothing stranger than westeners complaining about not being able to get a tan, just the opposite.

I don't find is strange that their opinion about themselves can spill over to customer preferences. To me it is not a race issue. It is an plainly an issue about skin color. Some girls accidentaly get pregnant. May be in the back of their minds.

I can't see how it is an issue at all. If I had their job, I'd like to be able to pick my clients without being called names.

11Bravo
05-01-10, 21:58
i would appreciate a lot if anybody can report sometimes about the nightlife situation.rather than searching, i'd try speed reading the previous 20 pages - skipping the non-pertinent posts, reading the pertinent ones. an hour tops...

or look for giotto posts... here's a start:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=1014223&postcount=9874

BionicMan
05-01-10, 22:53
I'd say 80% of the girls I've met complain about having too dark skin. They don't like it. Period. Nothing stranger than westeners complaining about not being able to get a tan, just the opposite.

I don't find is strange that their opinion about themselves can spill over to customer preferences. To me it is not a race issue. It is an plainly an issue about skin color. Some girls accidentaly get pregnant. May be in the back of their minds.

I can't see how it is an issue at all. If I had their job, I'd like to be able to pick my clients without being called names.
You are right
they go for white skin
not a matter of racism, but as westerners like to tan and get dark, they dream of being fully milk white...

Fon Tok
05-02-10, 02:22
Interesting Bangkok Post story on Bangkok's short-time hotels:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/investigation/176572/the-seedy-side-of-bangkok-love-motels

...the mongers are robbing the girls!

Cyberspace
05-02-10, 05:11
Interesting Bangkok Post story on Bangkok's short-time hotels:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/investigation/176572/the-seedy-side-of-bangkok-love-motels

...the mongers are robbing the girls!

From the article cited above: "... We had several robberies and even murders committed here by foreigners from Middle-Eastern countries."

DG69
05-02-10, 05:54

No, Nana and Cowboy are working like before. Numbers of Tourists are also normal for a May I would say. All, the establishments around Nana and Cowboy are in full swing.
Though some Clubs are closed. Mainly in the red shirt occupied zones. Like The Tunnel, Conrad Hotel, Spasso, CM2 are closed or open only short without many customer, girls told me.
The girls whose frequent before the above mentioned clubs, are now to find in other clubs, like for example Bossy.
Spice Club was not as cowdy like last year. Maybe less expats in Town. Climax and Nana Liquid were quite full.

Noclew
05-02-10, 07:09
The girls whose frequent before the above mentioned clubs, are now to find in other clubs, like for example Bossy.Went to Bossy late last night and it was packed as usual. Lots of CIS girls since CM2 is closed. Earlier went to Cowboy, still humming. Baccara had a good selecion of girls and so did Tilac.

Priamos
05-02-10, 08:38
No, Nana and Cowboy are working like before. Numbers of Tourists are also normal for a May I would say. All, the establishments around Nana and Cowboy are in full swing.

Thanks, DG69, that solves a problem for me. I'm passing via BKK in a few weeks time and I was wondering if I could still risk planning a couple of days of stopover. I take it the hotels in the Sois of Sukhumvit are all open for business? I wondered about that because I read that the Red Shirts had briefly interrupted Asoke BTS last week.

DG69
05-02-10, 13:48
Thanks, DG69, that solves a problem for me. I'm passing via BKK in a few weeks time and I was wondering if I could still risk planning a couple of days of stopover. I take it the hotels in the Sois of Sukhumvit are all open for business? I wondered about that because I read that the Red Shirts had briefly interrupted Asoke BTS last week.

Hotels in Sukhumvit are all open. Asoke wasn't blocked, only alot of Military and Police around, similar like in Silom Road. Though that's the situation yesterday. It's hard to say if it will change the next days, but theoretically it can change from one minute to the next.
But, not even the red shirts might be a danger. As I wrote a few posts ago, a crane at the construction side next to Miami Hotel, collapsed and felt on the Miami upper floor. If the crane would collaps in another direction, 90 degree, it would have damaged the BTS track and would have blocked the traffic for at least some hours.

NicFrenchy
05-02-10, 15:55

I'm not scared of the red shirts because as long they don't block the airport or public transportation it might be ok.

Is it still possible to go to discos and pubs with life music? For example last year I enjoyed a lot in a pub near nana plaza, they hat every day live music. It was crowded even on July, but if it's now everywhere almost empty.

I would appreciate a lot if anybody can report sometimes about the nightlife situation.

I used the search function, bit I didn't find thi information.Stop worrying and get your ass here. It's completely safe for tourists who come here to fuck Thai girls.

NEP and SC are busy (despite the tourism slowdown)

Hell, Even the SOL is still open (so is Patpong).

The only place that is hit more than others is soi 33 because prices are high and most tourists aren't inclined to spend that kind of cash. What? 800 thb for a Steak? No way! I prefer that tasteless shit they serve close to SC for 65thb! :)

Anyway, hope this helps

Goyave
05-02-10, 16:15
... What? 800 thb for a Steak? No way! I prefer that tasteless shit they serve close to SC for 65thb! :)What? 65 baht for tasteless shit? When one can eat a tasty Thai meal for about half this price! :D

Steven007
05-02-10, 17:10
I am going to bangkok this June.I like to visit this famous PATPONG and their strip clubs.I have change my minds after reading about the scam and rip off in this strip bars,which is like a daylight robbery.Does any members know any similar bars in other areas in Bangkok which offers similar geninue service.

Giotto
05-02-10, 17:19
The only place that is hit more than others is soi 33 because prices are high and most tourists aren't inclined to spend that kind of cash. What? 800 thb for a Steak? No way! I prefer that tasteless shit they serve close to SC for 65thb! :)
Froggy,

Get over here - we need to talk :) !

Giotto

Pita123
05-02-10, 17:37
Spice Club was not as cowdy like last year. Maybe less expats in Town. Climax and Nana Liquid were quite full.

Climax was packed to the gills last night. I hate the place due to the smoke and my lack of a clue how to maneuver in that atmosphere. But it was packed.

Phuquer
05-02-10, 22:18
Stop worrying and get your ass here. It's completely safe for tourists who come here to fuck Thai girls.

NEP and SC are busy (despite the tourism slowdown)

Hell, Even the SOL is still open (so is Patpong).

Anyway, hope this helps

Nic, the steaks I have eaten at Livingstones Lodge on Soi 33 have been among the best I have eaten anywhere in the world. They are truly excellent and worth risking a grenade attack or paying whatever it was I paid for them. I wish I were there right now. I would no doubt be eating one of those steaks or some of the delicious Thai food they serve there.

NicFrenchy
05-03-10, 02:38

Just to be clear, the comment on the Steak @ 800 thb was one a tourist told me, he was outraged that a place could get away with charging this price in Thailand. He said that the restaurant of the Nanahotel was very good for 65 thb.

I have eaten at the Nana hotel restaurant and they serve you tasteless shite.

I am not complaining about soi 33 prices because I am not on a tight budget, I can very well afford a 800 thb steak.

The Pro
05-03-10, 07:29
Soi 33 has been shit for a long time, nice to see you also see it now.

Anyway, hope this helps

ThaiLearner
05-03-10, 07:54
I am going to bangkok this June.I like to visit this famous PATPONG and their strip clubs.I have change my minds after reading about the scam and rip off in this strip bars,which is like a daylight robbery.Does any members know any similar bars in other areas in Bangkok which offers similar geninue service.

Nana Plaza (soi 4)

Soi Cowboy (soi Asoke)

Daimen666
05-03-10, 08:04
Just arrived yesterday in BKK, staying at the President Solitaire. Planned to get som rest after a being heavyily jet-lagged from Europe, but unfortunately Nana Plaza was calling me.

Was there arround 2300 (Sunday). Place seemed to be busy, as many mentioned just a little less due to the regular low-season period rather than any protests. Only thing I noticed was that there was alot more Asians (mainly Japanese) than Europeans/Americans. At the moment I did not experience any problem getting to and from the airport, and nothing noted in the Nana-area. The pubs arround the plaza area were all open.

Ended up picking a girl from Lollipop, #89. Quite cute, even if there were some that I liked more in the club. Here attitude was great though, also back at the room, even though I did feel somewhat rushed, and the ST was on the really shorter side.

She gave me some bullshit about wanting to party with me the next day, but I said I would probably be going to Cowboy. And then I get the "I don't like butterflies" line, even if it was with a more light-hearted tone.

Overall damage 1500 (ST) + 600 (BF).

Will check Cowboy tomorrow.

I used the search function, bit I didn't find thi information.

11Bravo
05-03-10, 09:58
I am going to bangkok this June.I like to visit this famous PATPONG and their strip clubs.I have change my minds after reading about the scam and rip off in this strip bars,which is like a daylight robbery.Does any members know any similar bars in other areas in Bangkok which offers similar geninue service.If you really want to go to Patpong, and I'd say you do, because EVERYONE back home will ask you if you went there, especially if they've NEVER been to Thailand. It's the ONLY place they've heard of, and if you say you didn't, they will say then that you really didn't see the "naughty" Bangkok, even though they don't know crap, even if you saw the "better" parts such as Soi Cowboy. Patpong has become a place for civilian tourists who want to say they've seen the "naughty" bkk.

The ground floor bars are safe; it's the upstairs ones where some caution and a guide are suggested.

So, go to Cowboy or Nana, find a girl you like, get along with, bar fine her, and have her take you to Patpong. She will want to go to see what it's like, check out the competition and possible future work place. She will also watch out for you, as the more money you have (as in not lose), the more she can try and remove for herself.

Almost 2 decades later, I still remember my guide's comment after seeing the "pussy drink coke" show (girl inverts, inserts bottle of coke, drains it, then turns right side up and refills the bottle): "I'll never drink coke again."

NicFrenchy
05-03-10, 10:38
If you really want to go to Patpong, and I'd say you do, because EVERYONE back home will ask you if you went there, especially if they've NEVER been to Thailand. It's the ONLY place they've heard of, and if you say you didn't, they will say then that you really didn't see the "naughty" Bangkok, even though they don't know crap, even if you saw the "better" parts such as Soi Cowboy. Patpong has become a place for civilian tourists who want to say they've seen the "naughty" bkk.I agree.

Don't mind what your buddies will think, just enjoy yourself.

When you go back home and tell them how you fucked 27 girls in 10 days, it won't matter whether you went to Patpong or not.

DG69
05-03-10, 11:46
Climax was packed to the gills last night. I hate the place due to the smoke and my lack of a clue how to maneuver in that atmosphere. But it was packed.Yeah, on weekends those clubs are packed. During weekdays mostly only tourists show up, but on weekend the expats will also show up.

I also dislike Climax nowadays. It's because the place has a bad setup. If you come early you get a place at a table and you are stuck on it. It's dark and so you will not be able to see possible stunners in other parts of the club. Normally the service staff will place some girls around you, but often not the pretty ones. So, I don't like to come early.

If you come late, the place is packed and you have to stay at the walkways, which is a royal pain in the ass, since hundreds of guests and even more staff will bump you. It's pure stress without much fun. Also, there are usually some girls I know from former hollydays, which can be Ok, but I am rather interested to see new girls, instead have the old ones around me.

Spicey, Boss, Nana Liquid or Bossy are much more convinient IMHO.

I do not like Spicey too much, because there are often the Khao San british youngsters and they are often insane.

Nana Liquid is rather small and the girls there are often the same you can find at Nana Car Park. But, the prices are Ok and there is no cover charge. They have a life band and there is a guy whose I saw often in Lucifer in Pattaya. A black guy who sung in the life band at Lucifer. Maybe he is now running the band in Nana Liquid.

I weren't in Boss, this time. So, I can't say how it is nowadys.

Bossy was very good the last days. Many girls and most likely customer, from CM2, Spassos, Conrad Hotel and The Tunnel are now there. There are many girls from the middle East, Russia and of course because of that many Indians and Middle Eastern guys. Seems those guys seriously prefer white flesh. Nevertheless I like the place, because it's quite convinient, good lighting and I think smoking is prohibited. Also, there is often a struggle between Indians and the Club security. It's always funny to see how those guys get electro shocked and forced out of the club, buy the club security if they try resistance.

Steven007
05-03-10, 13:48
Thanks guys for the information.

I will go to Patpong and stick to the ground floor bars.

FlyingVisitor
05-03-10, 21:40
Thanks guys for the information.

I will go to Patpong and stick to the ground floor bars.

If you really want to experience a "specific" place there you ahould not omitt SOL bar in Patpong II. Ground floor, of course.
You will enjoy there the best BBBJ from bar ladies just in the public and view of of other guests. A very stimulatoing place.
Go there and enjoy
FV

Monger10
05-03-10, 21:46
Any recommendations on blow job bars in Patpong or Nana?

I'm feeling a little daring and wouldn't mind popping at the bar with some pretty thai lady. Is Star of Light good?

FYI - I tried Annie's at Nana. Took 2 ladies for a total of $2600 bhat. AWESOME time. 1,5 hours. unrushed. I tipped them $500bhat each.

I still am not sure the right amount to tip, but they seemed happy.

Phil Istine
05-04-10, 02:24
I am on my way home to phnom penh and will be staying at a hotel near the airport in Bangkok.

Any girl action out that way?

Wendella
05-04-10, 04:45
Hi, I just tried searching for this with no luck, though I'm sure it's been discussed in the pasts.

What are some of the good dating websites for Thailand?

I know of Date in Asia, Tagged and Hi5. Any others that are worth trying?

many thanks for any useful info

NicFrenchy
05-04-10, 06:41
Hi, I just tried searching for this with no luck, though I'm sure it's been discussed in the pasts.

What are some of the good dating websites for Thailand?

I know of Date in Asia, Tagged and Hi5. Any others that are worth trying?

many thanks for any useful info

Thai Love links (TLL)

Giotto
05-04-10, 07:54
A chance that things might normalize ...

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/PM-announces-next-election-will-be-held-on-Nov-14-30128502.html

Giotto

FlyingVisitor
05-04-10, 11:24
Any recommendations on blow job bars in Patpong or Nana?

I'm feeling a little daring and wouldn't mind popping at the bar with some pretty thai lady. Is Star of Light good?

FYI - I tried Annie's at Nana. Took 2 ladies for a total of $2600 bhat. AWESOME time. 1,5 hours. unrushed. I tipped them $500bhat each.

I still am not sure the right amount to tip, but they seemed happy.

As I wrote before, SOL is a great place and highly recommended.
I suppose you don't fear the atmosphere of publicity since action mostly will take place directly at the bar or on sofa in front of other mongers.
I myself see that place as the absolute number one.

You will be offered a BBBJ but also can have full service with the ladies, condom or uncovered sex is up to you.

BBBJ charge is 700 B, some tip for the lady (100-300 B) is up to you.

Go there, enjoy and give a report to our forum !
FV

Pav29
05-04-10, 13:52
Hi all,

I looking to be in Bangkok in two weeks for a few days, Please confirm if it is still ok to come or could you recommend a safe place to stay.

Pav

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/PM-announces-next-election-will-be-held-on-Nov-14-30128502.html

Giotto

Amsterdam152
05-04-10, 16:12
I'll be coming there with a friend of mine on 8th and will staythere until Sunday, need suggestion on where to stay (which area), where we can find girls, which bars, area, where to eat thai, foot and oil massages etc.

Please help.

Thanks

Monger10
05-04-10, 19:23
As I wrote before, SOL is a great place and highly recommended.
I suppose you don't fear the atmosphere of publicity since action mostly will take place directly at the bar or on sofa in front of other mongers.
I myself see that place as the absolute number one.

You will be offered a BBBJ but also can have full service with the ladies, condom or uncovered sex is up to you.

BBBJ charge is 700 B, some tip for the lady (100-300 B) is up to you.

Go there, enjoy and give a report to our forum !

FVThanks!

I will let all of you know.

NicFrenchy
05-05-10, 00:54
I'll be coming there with a friend of mine on 8th and will staythere until Sunday, need suggestion on where to stay (which area), where we can find girls, which bars, area, where to eat thai, foot and oil massages etc.

Please help.

Thanks

Stay at Livingstone's on soi 33, they have all of what you asked for in that soi

11Bravo
05-05-10, 01:47
any recommendations on blow job bars in patpong or nana?as fv said, you really do want to go to sol in patpong 2. from morning (think they open at 10am) to night, fun, fun, fun. it is a small bar, fairly nondescript, with the name star of light written on a wall/window at the front. if you didn't know it's fame, all too easy to walk by, thinking it's nothing.

a number of girls will be sitting outside at a table. you can either just walk in, and the next one in the queue will join you, or you can pick from the ones outside (note that 1 or 2 could also be inside, unoccupied, plus others inside occupied).

if you're coming from silom on patpong 2, once you past foodland, keep walking. maybe 15m past foodland, the street will widen (but occupied with some open air bars to your front right), and now, to the right, you will see a "covered" walk along the buildings' walls. sol is right there close to the end of this covered walk. way i always find it is walk past foodland and after foodland, take the first "right".

coming from suriwong, on suriwong, turn onto patpong 2 at the pink panther bar, and just walk up the covered sidewalk. bars to your left, open air bars on your right. near the "top" of this covered walk, on your left, will be sol. you can easily see the girls sitting outside.

with google, easy to find a map of patpong.

up nana way, there is [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s on sukhumvit, soi 8. same situation as sol: girls sitting outside - you have to run their gauntlet to get to the bar. pick one, or just walk into the bar and the next one in the queue will join you.

[CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s is ok if you are in the area and don't feel like making the run to sol. but the difference is significant: you're talking major league/minor league.

like annie's mp, sol is a bkk institution and should be experienced at least once.

note: map is old, but will serve to get you there.

Frank Anon
05-05-10, 11:56
I made a trip down to Silom Road(Patpong) and went to the Star of Light(SOL)bar and I chose one of the ladies sitting at the little tables outside of the bar. We went inside the bar and into a small room and she proceded to give me a nice BBBJ and after a few minutes I told her that I wanted boomboom(BBFS) and she told me that I had to use a condom if I wanted boomboom and she pointed to a handwritten sign on the wall of the small room that said something about "All the ladies in this bar have their blood tested every 15 days" so I graciously but reluctantly tipped her 700 baht for the BBBJ and walked out of the SOL bar.

I then went to a different bar in the Patpong area where I know the mamasan and have been to several times before and the mamasan gave me a girl named Joan(Jon). We went upstairs and had a very nice session that included dfk, BBBJ and BBFS. I gave the mamasan 1000 baht and graciously tipped Joan(Jon) 800 baht.

Finrod
05-05-10, 16:02
i did the sol thing once. fun, that. when i walked in one afternoon, there were two guys getting full service out there in the main area. which is dang small by the way. both girls looked doable to me. just saying that's available if you want it. myself, i settled for the bbbj after they were done. there are rooms in the back for the shy mongers, but what's the point?

been to [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s once as well. the fun part is that while curtains are drawn around you and your provider (upstairs from the bar), you can hear everything going on in the room. it got interesting ...

Cunning Stunt
05-05-10, 16:14
Isn't the Kangaroo Club in Patpong still open? This must be the oldest BJ Bar in Bangkok. Well remember going for a Bangkok breakfast (a beer and a BJ) there in the mid to late 80's. It was pretty seedy then so I hate to think what the place must be like now. Anyone been there recently? What are the standard of the girls and service like? Surely cannot be that much worse than in SoL.

Boater Boy
05-05-10, 16:15
i did the sol thing once. fun, that. when i walked in one afternoon, there were two guys getting full service out there in the main area. which is dang small by the way. both girls looked doable to me. just saying that's available if you want it. myself, i settled for the bbbj after they were done. there are rooms in the back for the shy mongers, but what's the point?

been to [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s once as well. the fun part is that while curtains are drawn around you and your provider (upstairs from the bar), you can hear everything going on in the room. it got interesting ...i totally agree. sol is a great place to visit.

my one regret is that on my first visit to bkk i walked past many times because i was very shy about it all.

on the second visit i braved it and ever since then i have been hooked. now i try to visit after breakfast for a bbbj to set me up for the day. the bjs here are the best i have ever experienced in my rather long life.

bb

Giotto
05-05-10, 16:16
Hi all,

I looking to be in Bangkok in two weeks for a few days, Please confirm if it is still ok to come or could you recommend a safe place to stay.

PavPav29,

Very quiet at the moment, after the offer (road map) of the PM. The Red Shirts have passed the ball back to the PM, they want a detailed date when the parliament is dissolved.

We don't have the answer yet - and because of various reasons it is difficult for the PM to agree to a specific date (will be understood as a promise).

Anyway - the situation is very relaxed right now - and there is hope that things will normalize soon. Before you decide to travel to Greece - Bangkok right now is for sure the better choice :) .

As soon as I have an understanding about the development I will write an update here.

Giotto

Fast Eddie 48
05-05-10, 16:53

GiottoGiotto,

I hope that you are right planning my trip for next month here ,I think if long you stay away from the trouble area and aware what is going on you should be ok ,worst case just leave bangkok and go to Pattaya.

Fast eddie 48

BionicMan
05-06-10, 00:45
We don't have the answer yet - and because of various reasons it is difficult for the PM to agree to a specific date (will be understood as a promise).
Giotto
Did he have his lips moving when he was making the statements? LOL

Wendella
05-06-10, 05:06
Did he have his lips moving when he was making the statements? LOL

Spare us the partisan hyperbole please.... today he said 2nd half of Sept.

Mr Enternational
05-06-10, 07:36
isn't the kangaroo club in patpong still open? this must be the oldest bj bar in bangkok. well remember going for a bangkok breakfast (a beer and a bj) there in the mid to late 80's. it was pretty seedy then so i hate to think what the place must be like now. anyone been there recently? what are the standard of the girls and service like? surely cannot be that much worse than in sol.lol. it's still open. this is the first place i take newbies who come to bkk with me. the flight arrives late so we check in the hotel and i take them by tuk tuk to patpong before it closes. i never go to the place when i am alone or with someone seasoned. i just want the new people to see the novelty. like, "welcome to thailand."

the quality is not that good. from 2-6. when i go in i always grab the best one quickly before my friends. i'll shoot the shit, drink a beer, then head to the sofa to watch some tv while i'm getting a bj. damage is i think the same as [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s. 800 with tip included. my dad and another friend have fucked the sps right there on the sofas. their total damage was 1000-1200.

NoCBJ4Me
05-06-10, 14:55
.... My dad and another friend have fucked the SPs right there on the sofas....

Kinda strange watching your Dad get laid, isn't it?

Fon Tok
05-06-10, 16:11
Kinda strange watching your Dad get laid, isn't it?He's probably just "a chip off the old block!"

Naughty
05-06-10, 18:39
Spare us the partisan hyperbole please.... today he said 2nd half of Sept.

How is this partisan?

If the solution is to be to dissolve and hold elections, the PM should name a date and then stick to it.

It's time to get this over with, one way or another, and get the country moving ahead again.

Giotto
05-06-10, 19:31
How is this partisan?

If the solution is to be to dissolve and hold elections, the PM should name a date and then stick to it.

It's time to get this over with, one way or another, and get the country moving ahead again.Naughty,

You have no idea how complex the situation is here at the moment. This is not a western style democracy.

Giotto

Imran M
05-06-10, 19:43
Kinda strange watching your Dad get laid, isn't it?
That's funny! I can't even imagine that..lol

BionicMan
05-06-10, 22:59
Spare us the partisan hyperbole please.... today he said 2nd half of Sept.Hope you can discern humor in the statements, at least from time to time. Might help on daily life.

And as you touched this subject, as much as I do not have anything to do with the thai political life,since I am visiting the country a couple of times a year, for a bunch of days, I can only tell you that the "red guy" is far from being my personal favourite.

As you seem to want to get into politics talks, anyone (and I do not get in favour of Mr X or Mr Y in this example) can promise whatever. Even the hour of the elections, but then it is to be seen when and if this WILL happen.

I do appreciate the fact a big step forward and in the direction of "peace" seems to tale place (at least from what I can understand being 10.000km aways) and it is obvious somebody has to step a bit back and come to (decent and dignified) terms to have the counterpart stop the action and give them also a reason to stop the action.

NicFrenchy
05-07-10, 01:49
Naughty,

You have no idea how complex the situation is here at the moment. This is not a western style democracy.

Giotto

Agreed. :)

Pita123
05-07-10, 04:47
When I go in I always grab the best one quickly before my friends.I guess in your mind nothing says "Welcome to Thailand" like your friend screwing you at SOL. I gotta party with you!

Wendella
05-07-10, 05:39
As you seem to want to get into politics talks.No, that was my point: I don't. It's inevitable flame fodder to come in and inject some partisan one-liner like that into this discussion of nightlife. I'm saying let's NOT talk about that.

Pointy Stick
05-07-10, 10:33
Kinda strange watching your Dad get laid, isn't it?At least he saved his bar fine for better things.

I don't know how you guys perform in public. I always have to utilise the back room of SOL for assignations. Can't wait to get back in November so have to live vicariously through the forum.

Monger10
05-07-10, 14:46
Any experiences with tantra massage in Bangkok?

I see "ananda massage', but it is pricey. Want to make sure before I indulge.

Looking for a 2 hours 'complete surrender' tantra massage (not FS) and are there any more 'open sex' places besides SOL?

Trying to scope things out when my meetings are finally over.

Naughty
05-07-10, 15:59
Naughty,

GiottoHaving studied Thai history, and followed its politics for some thirty years, fifteen of them married to a Thai woman whose family is involved in politics and who, off and on, hold elected positions at the local level, I thought I had aquired at least some tiny notion of what's going on there.

Guess not.

NoCBJ4Me
05-07-10, 16:01
at least he saved his bar fine for better things.

i don't know how you guys perform in public. i always have to utilise the back room of sol for assignations. can't wait to get back in november so have to live vicariously through the forum.i can't deal with getting serviced in public view either, so i go to the back room. i haven't been to sol, but have tried kangaroo and [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900). of those two, i prefer [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900). it was nicer and "seemed" cleaner than kangaroo.

Monger10
05-07-10, 18:06
As soon as my %$# meetings end, I will let loose send some good reports.

More things I am trying to line up:

Tantric massage. Anyone with reviews on these in Bangkok?

For this, not looking for FS, just a 2 hour very sensual tantric massage.

I saw Ananda massage/spa, but it looks pricey. Won't do it unless reviews are good.

And. Besides SOL, any open sex bars or clubs? Looking for FS for these.

Feeling quiet daring this trip. I saw reviews for club Eden, but it seems to be the same. Get 2 women and off to a room.

I did go to Barbar. Quiet fun! I was chained to a wall and 'tormented' by 2 nice babes.

Not FS, but I wish it would have been. We started in the bar area, and 3 ladies stripped me down to my skivvies and I was getting a BJ through by undies.

Then we went to a room.

Giotto
05-07-10, 18:23
Having studied Thai history, and followed its politics for some thirty years, fifteen of them married to a Thai woman whose family is involved in politics and who, off and on, hold elected positions at the local level, I thought I had aquired at least some tiny notion of what's going on there.

Guess not.OK, OK,

Sorry!

It's time to get this over with, one way or another, and get the country moving ahead again.

But then I don't understand that you expect the Thais to "get this over with" and "moving ahead again" ... :)

Pointy Stick
05-08-10, 00:23
i can't deal with getting serviced in public view either, so i go to the back room. i haven't been to sol, but have tried kangaroo and [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900). of those two, i prefer [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900). it was nicer and "seemed" cleaner than kangaroo.

how big is kangaroo?

the problem with sol is that its so small that you could quite easily trip over some dudes feet as he's getting a bj. previous reports have indicated that full blown orgies have taken place there. [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) as a venue is excellent with the curtains providing adequate privacy but lacks the consistent talent of sol. i like the setup at [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s pattaya with private rooms than booths since it seems a little off-putting to hear slurping so close. next visit i'm going to focus more on bj bars.

NoCBJ4Me
05-08-10, 02:41
pointy stick,

the only time i went to kangaroo was about 7 years ago. i think the bar had space for maybe 6-8 guys with cut-outs at each chair, so you can get serviced while having your elbows resting on the bar. they didn't have a curtained off couch area like [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900). i remember the back room being tiny and dirty. they may have other rooms, but i just don't remember. maybe they cleaned up the place since i was last there.

Ozirob
05-08-10, 03:13
Having studied Thai history, and followed its politics for some thirty years, fifteen of them married to a Thai woman whose family is involved in politics and who, off and on, hold elected positions at the local level, I thought I had aquired at least some tiny notion of what's going on there.

My rather limited exposure (only 7 years) to: Thai history, Thai politics, Thai women, Thai families - leads me to believe that nobody has a real clue as to what is going on. Seems to me that Rent-a-crowds and bpv (baht per vote) confuse, cloud everything. There are a lot of pawns in Thailand.

Ozirob

NicFrenchy
05-08-10, 05:23
it seems a little off-putting to hear slurping so close. Next visit I'm going to focus more on BJ bars.

Hahahahaha imagine that... you are off-putted by slurping? then I guess it is best to avoid both Kangaroo and SOL.
One time I was at SOL and getting "slurped" on couch 2, some dude squeezed in right next to me (same sofa) and got pumped, then fucked his girl right there. There wasn't only slurping sounds but also all the visual.

Never really went back to SOL after that... I now prefer to take then to a ST Hotel.

Mr Enternational
05-08-10, 06:04
[CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) as a venue is excellent with the curtains providing adequate privacy but lacks the consistent talent of sol. i like the setup at [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s pattaya with private rooms than booths since it seems a little off-putting to hear slurping so close. next visit i'm going to focus more on bj bars.i thought the whole idea of a bj bar was that everybody was there together getting sucked off in public. other than that if you need privacy and what not, like nic said, it´s turned to st. and you don´t need to visit a bj bar if your intentions are going st.

NoCBJ4Me
05-08-10, 06:29
I thought the whole idea of a BJ bar was that everybody was there together getting sucked off in public. Other than that if you need privacy and what not, like Nic said, it´s turned to ST. And you don´t need to visit a BJ bar if your intentions are going ST.

I think a BJ bar is just that. Your out and about and you feal the urge. It's quick and easy, plus it's open during the day. I don't think about FS when I'm at a BJ bar.

NicFrenchy
05-08-10, 06:50
I don't think about FS when I'm at a BJ bar.

That's easier said than done LOL, if the girl has great BJ Technique, and puts a clean pussy in your face... well...

I remember SOL and Miss TUK (diamond tooth), she sucked me for a looong time an I could not come yet so another girl came to help. Girl 2 got on her knees and started sucking while TUK stood up on the couch and shoved her pussy right in my face. I blew my load quickly.
After it was all done, she said in my ear, now you want to fuck me?
what do you think happened?

Pointy Stick
05-08-10, 08:39
Hahahahaha imagine that... you are off-putted by slurping? then I guess it is best to avoid both Kangaroo and SOL.
One time I was at SOL and getting "slurped" on couch 2, some dude squeezed in right next to me (same sofa) and got pumped, then fucked his girl right there. There wasn't only slurping sounds but also all the visual.

Never really went back to SOL after that... I now prefer to take then to a ST Hotel.

That's quite rude. Some people don't have any concept of personal boundaries. Also, the potential to accidentally take a money shot from a fellow patron seem to be quite high in this kind of situation.

I tried the FS thing in SoL but the bathroom's too small so its BJ's for me. At least prices haven't risen at SoL in the past two years so there's a plus.

For me the point of a BJ bar is simply a quick release. I can't always find the time for ST especially if you're travelling with non-mongers and I don't want to tire myself out so its the perfect solution. if you have other shit to do.

Maybe I haven't hung out in LoS enough to blunt my sensibilities regarding the slurping.

Jutju
05-08-10, 16:24
Ok I've searched for over an hour. Where do all the local Thai men go for service? I've lived in Iasan for a few years now and will be visiting Bangkok soon. My thai is ok. I'd like to try some of the local spots. Sw's, brothels are perferred. Thanks in advance.

Goyave
05-09-10, 04:30
... Where do all the local Thai men go for service? ...

You might want to read (at least) the following reports:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=999647&postcount=9523
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=999648&postcount=9524
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=999649&postcount=9525

Hp Xt
05-09-10, 07:24
Ok I've searched for over an hour. Where do all the local Thai men go for service? I've lived in Iasan for a few years now and will be visiting Bangkok soon. My thai is ok. I'd like to try some of the local spots. Sw's, brothels are perferred. Thanks in advance.A Thai buddy took me to this restaraunt just outside of Pantanakhram a while back. If you go past the restrooms, there is a bar with a small fishbowl. Girls are Thai/Chinese with rooms above where you can negotiate a price. I did not partake; was with my Thai wife, and besides prefer Isaan ladys, ha!

Hp

Boater Boy
05-09-10, 19:28
That's quite rude. Some people don't have any concept of personal boundaries. Also, the potential to accidentally take a money shot from a fellow patron seem to be quite high in this kind of situation.

I tried the FS thing in SoL but the bathroom's too small so its BJ's for me. At least prices haven't risen at SoL in the past two years so there's a plus.

For me the point of a BJ bar is simply a quick release. I can't always find the time for ST especially if you're travelling with non-mongers and I don't want to tire myself out so its the perfect solution. if you have other shit to do.

Maybe I haven't hung out in LoS enough to blunt my sensibilities regarding the slurping.I never even noticed the slurping. Guess I was always too busy getting myself emptied to notice.

I will certainly pay more attention next time.

I have enjoyed DATY while others were beng entertained and again I never gave them a second thought. Just focussed on the job in hand as it were.

This chain has just increased the need to go back.

BB

Hp Xt
05-09-10, 20:32
Not sure why the business card did not post, will try again.

Hp

Naughty
05-09-10, 22:06
Giotto, no need to apologise> You couldn't know my history.

Ozirob's point that nobody understands what's really happening is surely true. Not even the PM has ALL the facts.

I think that in very complex situations, often the only way to resolve them without causing future problems or getting bogged down in unimportant minutiae is to accept the simplest solution. Of course getting bogged down in minutiae may be seen as preferable to some parties in some situations.

Thailand has, in fits and starts, two steps forward, one step back, made vast progress in the last thirty years. Everyone, from the farmer to the elite, is better off. The country is more secure, and the economy is stronger. Sure there are problems, the deep south, this current political imbroglio, and others come to mind, but the nation has and will continue to progress.

I got my first "public" BBBJ in Kangaroo back in '88 or so. 300 for the bar, and 150 for the (very cute!) girl. It was great, and a real surprise as at the time I entered the bar I had no clue what went on there. There was a Brit next to me at the bar getting the same, and an Ozzie next to him watching.

I was a tad nervous at first, but the girl was extremely skilled and in short order, successful. Then I went to Thermae for the first time ever and promptly took home a very sexy older woman (she would seem young now) to my room at the Malaysia Hotel (ha ha ha!).

She immediately slipped me a mickey and ripped off my only non-travelers- check big bill, a $100 I had stashed for "emergencies". She didn't take anything else. Not even the couple thou in baht I had in my wallet...

Oh the memories!

11Bravo
05-10-10, 08:41
i think a bj bar is just that. your out and about and you feal the urge. it's quick and easy, plus it's open during the day.agreed. [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s serves the purpose around sukhumvit, but for the major leagues, worth it to take the subway or the skytrain over to sol.

i can't deal with getting serviced in public view either, so i go to the back room. i haven't been to sol, but have tried kangaroo and [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900). of those two, i prefer [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900). it was nicer and "seemed" cleaner than kangaroo.you mean you haven't been to patpong's rose bar? now that is the place to go... afterwards, any place else will seem clean beyond compare. and the thing about the rose is, plenty of room, even if it's a smaller bar (though not as small as sol) - just no customers. of course that's what you want - who wants to be seen in a dive like the rose? :) sol shows class, but rose is down and dirty...

LittleBigMan
05-10-10, 16:11
Finally decided to go into BKK for the night last Wednesday since I been putting off some business I needed to take care of for a while. It has been over a year since I stayed the evening in BKK and was kind of looking forward to seeing what has changed.

After all these years I never knew one can park their motorbike next to the Pattaya Nua bus station for just 30 baht for 24 hours. I have always enjoyed taking the bus for 113 baht into BKK and meeting new and interesting people. This time I sat next to a old Thai man (74) who once lived in New York for a number of years when he was young. Visiting Jomtien to check on one of his rentals. Interesting conversation and got a lesson in Thai culture and it's people.

Arrived in BKK, around 9:45pm and check into my usual shit hole Nana Hotel, I know but it is my shit hole and old habits are hard to break. By 10:30pm after a quick shower I was down in the Cafe to have my regular grill pork chops. I don't know how they do it but as always 2 large chops tender and well season, salad, basket of rolls, fresh steam veggies, fries and applesauce, damage just 350 baht. During my dinner I perched myself next to a table looking out the parking lot to size up the desert for the evening.

After dinner needed to walk, by now it was 11:45pm, went across to the odd side of Sukhumvit, but the time I got across before I even got to Soi 5, I never seen so many Africian ladies line up there were as many of them as their were Thai's. On the corner of Soi 7, there were more Africian, group of Thai's ladies, group of Ladyboys. Walk up to Beigarden and right outside one big Africian Mamma was smiling at me, passed! walked inside BG, first thing I saw smiling at me was the biggest Thai lady I ever saw P4P, she was like taking up 3 stools! Did a quick 360 and out back to Sukhumvit.

Continued down Sukhumvit thinking maybe I stop by the L.L. but change my mind thinking it might be too late plus I didn't think was legs would hold up since I had just pull two quad muscles a few days earlier. As I approached Soi 15, Thermae's there were a group of Thai ladies outside, a group of Koreans or Japanese all standing outside smoking! The was like a ring of smoke above them decided not to go in even for a look since I sense whats the point I have no intention of paying above and beyond my budget even if I ran into a 10!

By now I really needed a cup of good coffee to get my second wind. But it seems all the coffee places are gone! No matter where I turn it seem there were nothing but Africian ladies and Ladyboys. Personally in all my years in this area I never seen so many! Nothing personal but I'm not into Chocolate cake and felt for a minute I wasn't even in Thailand. But in my walk I was still able to pick out some cute looking Thai's.

Aside from Pork chops at the Nana, I also wanted to check out the new disco Liquids. By the time I got back to the hotel, it was around 1pm, still not very crowded but starting to have some potential. The music from the Band, in my opinion super loud and not very good. I was glad when they stop for the evening and just went to the D.J. place by 1:45 seem to be filling up but the next hour it stay pretty much the same. More Freelancers but not a huge selection, I had my eye on one but in the end she wanted me to take her friend too, sure it wasn't a Ladyboy but she was tall. Pass! By now it was getting late and the only thing left was a young girl with a nose ring real wild grindling her hips on me and a much older lady maybe 38 that look O.K. I'm thinking no games with this old one so for a 1,000 baht ST off we went at 4am.

Service, was good and she didn't disappoint the next thing I knew my brother called at 10:30am and ask where I was... shit I was pissed, I didn't get to use my free Breakfast buffet coupon over at 10:30am. Got up shower and ran out the door left the old lady 1500 baht. Late for my business and needed to get back to Pattaya.

Bus ride to Pattaya, nothing new except dead tired and the young girl next to me was too and slept on my shoulder most of the way home.

LBM

Dinghy
05-10-10, 20:28
SOL is so SMALL you have to go outside the change your mind...I am in the right place???

Mr Enternational
05-10-10, 22:25
Arrived in BKK, around 9:45pm and check into my usual shit hole Nana Hotel, I know but it is my shit hole and old habits are hard to break.

Aside from Pork chops at the Nana, I also wanted to check out the new disco Liquids. By the time I got back to the hotel, it was around 1pm, still not very crowded but starting to have some potential. The music from the Band, in my opinion super loud and not very good. I was glad when they stop for the evening and just went to the D.J. place by 1:45 seem to be filling up but the next hour it stay pretty much the same.
LBMI like the Nana food too but I have since moved on to Grand Sukhumvit or Ibis for a room when they have a vacancy. What is this D.J. place you speak of? Good to hear the Nana club is up and coming again. How was the car lot? Are the FLs still asking agogo prices out there?

Iwannahumpalot
05-10-10, 22:48
The wife was asking me about oily massages. And the happy endings. She then surprises me by saying she would like to watch the girl give me an oily massage with the HJ ending. Well took me by surprise, so I suggested maybe she would like one of the girls to give her an oily massage with a special ending.

Well the look on her face was. A little embarassement but I could see she wants to try it.

I'm staying down along Sukhumvit Road and was wondering if the normal walk in off the street massage shops cater for giving an oily to women.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Professor 1
05-11-10, 01:19
No matter where I turn it seem there were nothing but Africian ladies and Ladyboys. Personally in all my years in this area I never seen so many! Nothing personal but I'm not into Chocolate cake and felt for a minute I wasn't even in Thailand. But in my walk I was still able to pick out some cute looking Thai's.

I had to laugh. My first trip to LOS occurred in March last year, and I was astonished to see so many African girls. While I like and prefer them, I certainly did not travel 20 hours from NYC to bang African girls in LOS. So, I was polite, but passed on all of them.

LittleBigMan
05-11-10, 01:58
I like the Nana food too but I have since moved on to Grand Sukhumvit or Ibis for a room when they have a vacancy. What is this D.J. place you speak of? Good to hear the Nana club is up and coming again. How was the car lot? Are the FLs still asking agogo prices out there?Should have broken it down on the sentence. I meant D.J. music not a place! The Band wasn't good at all and was offbeat. I forgot to add the although I enjoy the Disco back in the hotel it didn't even come close to the old one. Personally if it doesn't pick up I give it a year at best but it should be noted I was there only for 1 night and it does close at 5am. As for the parking lot there were some cuties that was asking 2,000 LT,when I walked out after dinner. Lots of Ladyboys not just outside NEP, but now are standing all along down Soi 4, a bunch on the corner just outside Hillary Bar 2.

LBM

Mangofan
05-11-10, 06:13
Went into Baccara late last night around 12:30 am - only about half full (if that) on a Monday night and being a cheap charllie myself, thought I could get a girl for under the 2000 usual price tag. There's this girl "Sai" who I've had my eye on for a few months upstairs - we chatted for a bit but she still wanted 2,000 ST. Is this now the standard price? Will it ever go down? I know there was a time not so long ago (last year) when I could negotiate 1,000 baht for ST....perhaps those days are gone.

btw the barfine in Baccara is 600 baht - not 900 as has been previously reported.

Amjeck
05-11-10, 06:49
I know there was a time not so long ago (last year) when I could negotiate 1,000 baht for ST....perhaps those days are gone.

Days are long gone. Once in awhile you can negotiate down to 1000ST, but it usually requires a lot of talking and convincing. The market conditions have to be right also.

Cheap pussy in bkk is a thing of the past. If you want cheap, its best to head out of town.

Goyave
05-11-10, 07:20
... Once in awhile you can negotiate down to 1000ST, but it usually requires a lot of talking and convincing...

With bar girls, it's probably not easy nowadays, but with freelancers, 1000 baht ST is not a rate too difficult to obtain in Bangkok.

Pointy Stick
05-11-10, 10:50
Arrived in BKK, around 9:45pm and check into my usual shit hole Nana Hotel, I know but it is my shit hole and old habits are hard to break. By 10:30pm after a quick shower I was down in the Cafe to have my regular grill pork chops. I don't know how they do it but as always 2 large chops tender and well season, salad, basket of rolls, fresh steam veggies, fries and applesauce, damage just 350 baht. During my dinner I perched myself next to a table looking out the parking lot to size up the desert for the evening.
LBM

I have no problem whatsoever with people overpaying for sex but 350 baht for a meal? Now that is a sucka play. I'd pay 35-50 for a decent street meal.

Run Mann
05-11-10, 11:10
The wife was asking me about oily massages. And the happy endings. She then surprises me by saying she would like to watch the girl give me an oily massage with the HJ ending. Well took me by surprise, so I suggested maybe she would like one of the girls to give her an oily massage with a special ending.

Well the look on her face was. A little embarassement but I could see she wants to try it.

I'm staying down along Sukhumvit Road and was wondering if the normal walk in off the street massage shops cater for giving an oily to women.

Thanks

They will all offer her the oil massage but not all girls will serve up the "special ending" to her. Best to ask the girls or the receptionist/cashier beforehand though, it’s not like they haven't heard it before. You can also try the outcall massage services and discuss your special request up front.

Amjeck
05-11-10, 12:31
I have no problem whatsoever with people overpaying for sex but 350 baht for a meal? Now that is a sucka play. I'd pay 35-50 for a decent street meal.
No, a "sucka play" is a guy who overpays for sex!

LittleBigMan
05-11-10, 15:05
I have no problem whatsoever with people overpaying for sex but 350 baht for a meal? Now that is a sucka play. I'd pay 35-50 for a decent street meal.We are talking about a meal not a snack on a Stick! If you can overpay for a piece of meat why can't I?

LBM

NoCBJ4Me
05-11-10, 16:09
It sounds like he got a bit more than would be available at a typical curbside stall, for his 350 baht. IMHO, for 35-50 baht, you'd get a plate with some veggies, noodles, and some bits of meat and not two large pork chops, salad, fries, rolls etc.... He was eating in the restaurant in the lobby of the Nana Hotel. I've eaten there many times.

Fon Tok
05-11-10, 17:18
I have no problem whatsoever with people overpaying for sex but 350 baht for a meal? Now that is a sucka play. I'd pay 35-50 for a decent street meal.A decent western meal in Bangkok costs money. Thai street food is cheap.

But...western food in Bangkok is cheaper than in the west, and can often be tastier!

Some good places to eat western food in Bangkok for a fair price:

> Chokchai Farms Steakhouse on Suk Soi 23
> Zannotti for Italian on Silom Soi Sala Daeng
> Livingstone's for German on Suk Soi 33
> Indigo for French on Silom Soi Convent
> Bourbon Street in Washington Sq. for Cajun/Creole and Mexican
> Madrid Bar in Patpong

...and many, many more...

Bunky
05-11-10, 17:34
I've been reading all the posts in advance of my first trip this fall. Thanks to everybody for all the informative reportage.

No offense to the guys who book overnight sessions, but I'm more of a short time kinda guy. (As the old saying goes, you pay the girls to leave.) I'm not into chit chat or hanging out. When it comes to sleeping I prefer to do that solo. And the morning go just isn't a priority for me.

But I'm a gentlemen and I don't want to do anything to suggest I'm unhappy with the girl. So I'd appreciate some guidance in respect of how the usual short time session unfolds.

First, do the girls have a time limit in mind? If we go short time do they expect to be on their way at a time certain? If so, please advise. I don't want to break any unwritten rules.

Second, does short time equal one pop? Is so that's fine. Or can I expect ST to unfold like a massage parlor session with a BJ pop followed by some relaxation followed by a second go?

Third, once I've had enough what is the polite way to sending the girl on her way without offence? Is there a euphemism? Some English words the girls understand and won't be offended by?

Fourth, I assume this is when payment is tendered, correct? And I know from reading the traffic here that a small gratuity is often tendered. Is 100 baht the right amount? Or is more expected?

Again, thanks much to all who post here. I have learned much reading your reports.

Bunky

Opebo
05-11-10, 18:23
...do the girls have a time limit in mind? If we go short time do they expect to be on their way at a time certain?

Don't expect more than an hour.

...does short time equal one pop? Is so that's fine. Or can I expect ST to unfold like a massage parlor session with a BJ pop followed by some relaxation followed by a second go?

Normally just one.

once I've had enough what is the polite way to sending the girl on her way without offence? Is there a euphemism? Some English words the girls understand and won't be offended by?

They're not sensitive. Just say 'ok, I'm finished' or 'I have to go'. Best of all - and this is good advice - never bring a girl back to your hotel room, only use short time rooms. This way if you get a bad one (and there are bad ones), you can just run away. If you're in a short time room then there's much less problem ending a session, good or bad.

Fourth, I assume this is when payment is tendered, correct? And I know from reading the traffic here that a small gratuity is often tendered. Is 100 baht the right amount? Or is more expected?

No tip is necessary, but 100 baht is probably the most common amount.

Golfinho
05-11-10, 20:52
Don't expect more than an hour.

They're not sensitive. Just say 'ok, I'm finished' or 'I have to go'. Best of all - and this is good advice - never bring a girl back to your hotel room, only use short time rooms. This way if you get a bad one (and there are bad ones), you can just run away. If you're in a short time room then there's much less problem ending a session, good or bad.That is good advice. When it comes to freelancers one or the other -- either you or her -- is going to want out of there after the hour, or more like after the 'finish.' take the shortest short time price and go short time room if you don't know her.

Italy 1974
05-11-10, 21:21
I partly disagree, at least regarding Italian restaurants.

Zanotti is a good restaurant but its food isn't definetely tastier than a-same-average restaurant in Italy. Same thing can be said of (in my opinion) best pizzeria in Bangkok: Bella Napoli on Sukhumvit soi 31 where pizza is good but more expensive than in Italy.

If you want to taste a top italian cousine you shoul try Angelini's but the bill is "European style" not Thai... Though Angelini's is always packed with well-off Thais...

Italy 1974

A decent western meal in Bangkok costs money. Thai street food is cheap.

But...western food in Bangkok is cheaper than in the west, and can often be tastier!

Some good places to eat western food in Bangkok for a fair price:

> Chokchai Farms Steakhouse on Suk Soi 23
> Zannotti for Italian on Silom Soi Sala Daeng
> Livingstone's for German on Suk Soi 33
> Indigo for French on Silom Soi Convent
> Bourbon Street in Washington Sq. for Cajun/Creole and Mexican
> Madrid Bar in Patpong

...and many, many more...

Ken Orvik
05-12-10, 00:15
Some years ago a former gf brought me to a very nice japanese sushi place in Sukhumvit. I would very much like to go there again, but can not remember the name or the soi.

I think it must have been somewhere above asoke (in numbers of sois) but not sure.

It was a all kind of sushi buffet, and I think about 800 thb to enter the buffet.
Very nice food and nice restaurant as well.

Anyone have some idea where this place is and whats the name of it???

Golfinho
05-12-10, 00:36
Some years ago a former gf brought me to a very nice japanese sushi place in Sukhumvit. I would very much like to go there again, but can not remember the name or the soi.

I think it must have been somewhere above asoke (in numbers of sois) but not sure.

It was a all kind of sushi buffet, and I think about 800 thb to enter the buffet.

Anyone have some idea where this place is and whats the name of it???Are you thinking of Thermae? (lol)

JohnnieBravo
05-12-10, 04:11
Hello was thinking of returning to the LOS at the end of the month but I keep hearing about all of this "social unrest" and the "red shirts". Can anyone who is currently there tell me if they think it is safe to travel there? I very much appreciate your help.

JohnnieBravo

Ozirob
05-12-10, 10:27
Can anyone who is currently there tell me if they think it is safe to travel there? I very much appreciate your help.

JohnnieBravo

I think its been said already, but just keep a bag of different coloured shirts with you at all times. If the people around you seems to have a predominance of red colour, slip that one on. If the main colour around you is yellow, slip that one on. Do not mix colours, that confuses everyone and makes you stand out, an easier target.

Ozirob

Goyave
05-12-10, 10:43
... If the people around you seems to have a predominance of red colour, slip that one on. If the main colour around you is yellow, slip that one on...

It's better for a foreigner not to get involved at all! Avoid red, yellow, pink and even green (and to a lesser extent also blue) shirts, as those colors are used by various political groups. Grey, brown, black, white, orange and purple, and everything with no real dominant color (with large stripes, for instance) are fine as far as I know.

Eagle_I
05-12-10, 10:47
Try Soi 59, haven't tried but there is a Sushi restaurant with buffet.

Oldian
05-12-10, 13:37
Are you thinking of Thermae? (lol)Cant be, Thermae is a bit pricier!

Oldian
05-12-10, 13:38
I think its been said already, but just keep a bag of different coloured shirts with you at all times. If the people around you seems to have a predominance of red colour, slip that one on. If the main colour around you is yellow, slip that one on. Do not mix colours, that confuses everyone and makes you stand out, an easier target.Given the present sauna like weather, you are better off staying in your room with a cold beer and sticking with flesh tones.

Oldian
05-12-10, 13:47
I've been reading all the posts in advance of my first trip this fall. Thanks to everybody for all the informative reportage.

No offense to the guys who book overnight sessions, but I'm more of a short time kinda guy. (As the old saying goes, you pay the girls to leave.) I'm not into chit chat or hanging out. When it comes to sleeping I prefer to do that solo. And the morning go just isn't a priority for me.

But I'm a gentlemen and I don't want to do anything to suggest I'm unhappy with the girl. So I'd appreciate some guidance in respect of how the usual short time session unfolds.

First, do the girls have a time limit in mind? If we go short time do they expect to be on their way at a time certain? If so, please advise. I don't want to break any unwritten rules.

Second, does short time equal one pop? Is so that's fine. Or can I expect ST to unfold like a massage parlor session with a BJ pop followed by some relaxation followed by a second go?

Third, once I've had enough what is the polite way to sending the girl on her way without offence? Is there a euphemism? Some English words the girls understand and won't be offended by?

Again, thanks much to all who post here. I have learned much reading your reports.

BunkyHopefully you listen to your instincts back in the bar and the time and all else doesn't have to be an issue. There are those who want to get their cash and leave ASAP. Others who put on a great show but also want to leave the minute you pop. Take your time, find a girl who seems genuinely interested in you, at least to the point of having some sort of connection/chemistry. I tend to avoid the girls who look over at me and say "let's go shower" before even saying hello. They tend to be all business. I usually throw in 100 baht taxi to the girl, then again, I live about a 70 baht taxi ride away, so it's only fair that I pay for them to get back to where we started.

Some girls are just plain weird. I had one a few months ago who came over, put on music, danced, drank, ate, and chatted with me for 3 hours. Thought she was going to end up being number 1 material. But after we started the aerobics, she asked me to hurry up. When I asked why, she said, "only short time. " I reminded her that if she had wanted to be done in 20 minutes, we could have dispensed with all the foreplay!

Usually if the girls are on the business side of things, they will leave before you will ask them to go. But others may want a nice room for the night, to hang out, have a second round, or actually enjoy your company. With these, I often let them stay, or if I want them out, just tell them that I have to get up early to work in the morning or run some errand, and that I'd rather sleep alone.

If you are more in demand of exactly what is on offer, don't be afraid to ask beforehand and spell it all out, it is a business agreement after all.

Happy hunting.

Eric The Prick
05-12-10, 17:12

ThanksSome previous reports indicated that Mango (http://mangomassagesoi24.com/) will make you and your lady very happy.

Cheers,

EtheP

Daddy San
05-12-10, 17:58

It may not be the place you mean, but Nippon Kai on Soi 33, about 100m on the right as you walk from Suk, is a place i like.

Tim Bone
05-13-10, 05:35
It's better for a foreigner not to get involved at all! Avoid red, yellow, pink and even green (and to a lesser extent also blue) shirts, as those colors are used by various political groups. Grey, brown, black, white, orange and purple, and everything with no real dominant color (with large stripes, for instance) are fine as far as I know.

I was thinking about getting a shirt which is red on the outside and yellow on the inside, but now this is to complicated so I think I'll just do as NicFrenchy and his friends in Pattaya and walk around without a shirt.

Tingu 123
05-13-10, 08:29
Went into Baccara late last night around 12:30 am - only about half full (if that) on a Monday night and being a cheap charllie myself, thought I could get a girl for under the 2000 usual price tag. There's this girl "Sai" who I've had my eye on for a few months upstairs - we chatted for a bit but she still wanted 2,000 ST. Is this now the standard price? Will it ever go down? I know there was a time not so long ago (last year) when I could negotiate 1,000 baht for ST....perhaps those days are gone.

btw the barfine in Baccara is 600 baht - not 900 as has been previously reported.Mate,

I am a baccara regular. The jap dudes are paying heavy there and the influx of them in this bar is high in numbers. I asked Mamasan Cherry about this and she says that Baccara does huge advertisements in Japan. There are japanese magazines with the pictures of all girls printed on them etc etc.

The Rate of 2000B for a Girl from the upper floor is the least on offer. On weekends the stunners there ask for 3000 upwards for ST. If you are there next time speak to Bew, her number is 102. Or buy a drink for the mamasan and she will help you.

BTW Baccara is not the place for cheap charlies.

M P Lurker
05-13-10, 09:44

I have tried a number of Sushi places in Bangkok and not many really live up to really top quality at a good price.

My favourite is not a Buffet, but I will guarantee the quality of the sushi and other dishes. I have even had the very spcial "toro" sushi there. Its hard to go anywhere else once you have found the one with the best food, and no rip-off prices.

From Sukhumwit road, enter the first very small Soi after Soi 33 (with Villa Markt at the front). Very soon you will be forced to turn right. The restaurant is then on the right side with bamboo like decoration inside.
It has a menu outside that will show the sushi.
I think its opposite to Fuji supermarket but maybe I miss remember slightly.
Alternatively enter the next Soi (Soi 33/1) and turn to the left. These little Sois are very Japanese oriented.

P.S. I tried a Sushi place in main Soi 33 but it wasn't worth repeating. But the good place is still very close.

Giotto
05-13-10, 10:35
Guys,

Today it makes sense to be careful out there, again.

The Government will start to seal off the Rajprasong Intersection area, to move troops in place. Nobody knows right now whether this is just a measure to put pressure on the demonstrators, or whether the situation will escalate.

Don't go near to any of those areas:

- Rajprasong Intersecton / Ploenchit / Siam Square
- Silom / Patpong / Sathon Road
- Pratunam / Panthip Plaza / Sri Ayyuttaya

Remember - whenever the situation escalated there were bomb/grenade attacks in the surrounding areas. Don't go even close to those mentioned areas today.

Giotto

Map of the area to be avoided:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2010/05/13/politics/Noose-Tightening-30129212.html

11Bravo
05-13-10, 12:30
So I'd appreciate some guidance in respect of how the usual short time session unfolds.Lot of variables: where you find her, time of day/night, future (as in after you) business prospects... You can search on Bier Garten here and see some of the reports from there - all FL's.

I'd suggest you specify what you're looking for. As stated, I look for someone I find attractive, and there seems to be some chemistry with, more than just "you buy me drink? We go your hotel?". To avoid the "pump and dumps", I'll specify the duration I'm looking for, and the number of shots.

As stated, I've used both the Playboy and the Penthouse ST hotels. Besides many other advantages, when YOU're ready to leave, you can just leave.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=1008366&postcount=9721

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=1011579&postcount=9787

Giotto
05-13-10, 13:51
Right now ongoing:

Gunfire and explosions around Silom Complex.

Seh Daeng, the leader if the militant arm of the red shirts, was obviously shot in the head.

BTS service is stopped.

Be careful out there, guys!

Giotto

Hunterg
05-13-10, 14:17
Giotto,

Thank you very much for the updates.

Gerd

Giotto
05-13-10, 14:23
Traffic chaos everywhere.

Sukhumvit (upper part) is a parking lot. Rama IV too.

Looks to me that major junctions are blocked, and the military is preparing a major operation.

Stay safe, guys. The hotel is a good place tonight!

Giotto

Tim Bone
05-13-10, 14:58
Right now ongoing:

Gunfire and explosions around Silom Complex.

Seh Daeng, the leader if the militant arm of the red shirts, was obviously shot in the head.

BTS service is stopped.

Be careful out there, guys!

Giotto
Thanks for the updates Giotto. Seems like I did wise going straight to Pattaya when I arrived yesterday. Bangkok can wait for another day.

Fast Eddie 48
05-13-10, 22:25
Thanks for the updates Giotto. Seems like I did wise going straight to Pattaya when I arrived yesterday. Bangkok can wait for another day.Tim / Giotto,

This suck I am planning a week in Bangkok next month and take up Giotto offer of 30 % ISG discount at livingstone, I am not too sure anymore if the king die this can easy belcome a civil war in Thailand soon.

Fast Eddie 48

Will Smith69
05-13-10, 22:55
Hi,

I have tryped some sushi places, and I need to say that one of the best places is till the sushi place in the westin. It is the best quality I had. The place is called KISSO. Expensive but I have not found a better place. (ok exep in in cupertino)

Will

I have tried a number of Sushi places in Bangkok and not many really live up to really top quality at a good price.

My favourite is not a Buffet, but I will guarantee the quality of the sushi and other dishes. I have even had the very spcial "toro" sushi there. Its hard to go anywhere else once you have found the one with the best food, and no rip-off prices.

From Sukhumwit road, enter the first very small Soi after Soi 33 (with Villa Markt at the front). Very soon you will be forced to turn right. The restaurant is then on the right side with bamboo like decoration inside.

It has a menu outside that will show the sushi.

I think its opposite to Fuji supermarket but maybe I miss remember slightly.

Alternatively enter the next Soi (Soi 33/1) and turn to the left. These little Sois are very Japanese oriented.

P.S. I tried a Sushi place in main Soi 33 but it wasn't worth repeating. But the good place is still very close.

Andy1974
05-14-10, 04:59
Arrived at airport at 2pm, had booked express imigration wih hotel and there was a guy with my name waiting at the plane door and he took me through the diplomats immigration counter, I barely stopped walking on my way through, if I didn't have to wait for my luggage I would have went from plane seat to taxi in 5 mins tops. Cost 1000 through president solitaite hotel, got to hotel and checked into room, its a suite with 4 rooms and a huge jacuzzi, lovely! 3000 a night, but I am spoling myself, its my holiday But this is still cheap, no?

Was meant to have a date in the evening with a girl from tll, but she moved it to tonight, so I went and had a beer at beirgarden talked to a nice girl there with a great boob job (3500 euros she claimed), was offered 1000ST for 2 hours after a little negotiating. I declined because I had made up my mind to goto eden.

So a quick call to another girl from tll to arrange a meet at 8pm, then off to eden, picked 2 from the left hand side and off to the room where they scrubbed me from head to toe then on to bed where one sucked me while the other stuck her tongue up my ass until I finished, then a short break for a massage before more of the same and then anal with both, even a little ATM which was a first for me, before I finished as per round 1.

Back to hotel, changed then off for date, where I was promplty stood up, so went to a bar called morning night just by nana plaza, which is great for watching the girls walk by, met a couple of nice girls, had a game off pool, then went to rainbow 4 in nana plaza, went in ordered a beer, 145bht, left within about 5 mins cause it was so shit, girls just standng on stage looking really depressed, got accosted by the ladyboys, jesus some of them look good, wish they were real women!

Went back to hotel by 10. 30, was feeling tired, room service, 4 coarses, delicious! And off for a fitful nights sleep, and I am feeling good today.

Andy1974
05-14-10, 05:04
Damn, I just lost my report!

Right the short version now!

Arrived 2pm, through diplomats immigration cost 1000, checked into president solitaire, went to beeirgarden offered 1000 ST 2 hours, declined, then went to eden picked 2 from the left 3600bht for 90 mins, shower then BJ from one while the other licked my ass till I finished, quick massage then more of the same and anal with both even some atm before finishing as per round 1.

Then date with tll girl but she stood me up so hung out at nana in morning night bar, good bar for watching the girls go by. Then went to rainbow 4, total shit, acosted by the ladyboys, then an early night

Good fun all round.

Giotto
05-14-10, 09:08
Guys,

Skytrain will be down soon.

There is trouble everywhere, shootings in Chidlom, Lumpini, Wireless Road.

Troops closing in at Pratunam.

Troops building barricades to seal off Rajprasong Intersection.

Sukhumvit road blocked at Asoke, direction Nana / Chidlom / Rajprasong.

Helicopters in the air.

Stay away from that area!

Giotto

Phuquer
05-14-10, 11:16
Giotto, thanks for the reports. It's good to know the real news about what's going on and where, and not just what's going on. I hope you and all my other ISG friends remain safe, and I hope this mess passes soon. I'm looking forward to my trip there early next year. I'm glad I decided to postpone my trip.

The Rooster1
05-14-10, 13:27
Any truth to the shooting at Soi 4 last night around 300am? Soi 4 is blocked off to traffic...

Safe in my soi 8 hotel....

Edited.... Sorry, the thai gf was wrong.. It was a killing on soi 3, maybe by the interesection between soi 4... Sounds like a black guy killed someone, no racism intended... Just wondering if there was any truth?

Don Christiano
05-14-10, 14:30
Major parts of the city are on lock down, but wont let this deter me, anyone have an idea of where to go tonight outside the soukovit / sol?

Any pointers from the old school locals most appreciated - this is my only night here.

M P Lurker
05-14-10, 16:55
Guys,

Skytrain will be down soon.

There is trouble everywhere, shootings in Chidlom, Lumpini, Wireless Road.

Troops closing in at Pratunam.

Troops building barricades to seal off Rajprasong Intersection.

Sukhumvit road blocked at Asoke, direction Nana / Chidlom / Rajprasong.

Helicopters in the air.

Stay away from that area!

Giotto
Is Soi Cowboy still operating and access to subway at Sukhumwit?

Giotto
05-14-10, 17:04
Guys,

there are coming coup rumours from all sides. Now - that's not unusual in such a situation...

But - this time it will NOT be like last time (2006). If there is a coup there will be resistance everywhere.

That means: If you see tanks in the streets then it's definitely not a good idea to be on the streets.

Giotto

Priamos
05-14-10, 17:54
Guys,

there are coming coup rumours from all sides. Now - that's not unusual in such a situation...

But - this time it will NOT be like last time (2006). If there is a coup there will be resistance everywhere.

Everywhere? I get the impression from the international press (and the Bangkok Post - though we all know its political leanings) that the Red Shirts have become increasingly isolated. My guess - which is probably worthless as I'm 5,000 miles away - would have been that the Shirts, (1) deprived now of their militia leader, (2) hemmed into a defined part of the business district, (3) having antagonised and lost some of their main moderate leaders, and (4) being surrounded by the army, will fold if the army moves into their encampment with force.

If you think differently then it would appear to me that it's either because you believe (a) the army and/or police will not remain loyal to the government if such a thing happens; or (b) there will be a general revolt in BKK if this happens. Ah well...

...I'm coming to BKK next week, and I must say that the prospect of being at the centre of these historic events has, if anything, strengthened my resolve to go.

SE Asia Joe
05-14-10, 18:15
Everywhere? I get the impression from the international press (and the Bangkok Post - though we all know its political leanings) that the Red Shirts have become increasingly isolated. My guess - ................
...I'm coming to BKK next week, and I must say that the prospect of being at the centre of these historic events has, if anything, strengthened my resolve to go.
I can just picture all this!!

Priamos and Giotto having a battle of words about politics at the Livingstone Sport Lounge - whilst the gals are tugging at Priamos' sleeves to take them upstairs!! Bombs exploding and gun fire whizzing overhead!

Sex and politics!!

How appropriate!!

LOL!!

SEAJ
Ps. Priamos - you GOTTA stay at Livingstones Lodge - you just got to!!

AndyBKK
05-14-10, 18:33
Ok I've searched for over an hour. Where do all the local Thai men go for service? I've lived in Iasan for a few years now and will be visiting Bangkok soon. My thai is ok. I'd like to try some of the local spots. Sw's, brothels are perferred. Thanks in advance.BTS Sapan Kwai 100m behind the Big C street name is Intramara Soi 2. The place is 99 and the one behind. it You wont miss it because many of these shady neon lited places where Thai girls will service Thai guys. No bar fine there and cheaper beers, sex, and food. And since u can speak Thai , very helpfully in this area.

Note: If you're gross looking old etc. you will have a harder time pulling from these places because these girls are used to Thai guys. I have pull from these places many times successfully.

Good luck and happy hunting

Fon Tok
05-14-10, 18:45
Is Soi Cowboy still operating and access to subway at Sukhumwit?I went by the 'Boy tonight in a taxi at about 11pm and all was still lit up and active. Not too sure about the MRT, although I did hear it was closing early.

Lots of lonely ladies sitting outside massage shops all over middle Sukhumvit (I took a taxi up to soi 33 to have dinner at Livingstone's). Interestingly, I did hear from a reliable source that one lady at Tulip had five customers today! Some things just defy even heavy street fighting!

M P Lurker
05-14-10, 18:59
I went by the 'Boy tonight in a taxi at about 11pm and all was still lit up and active. Not too sure about the MRT, although I did hear it was closing early.

Lots of lonely ladies sitting outside massage shops all over middle Sukhumvit (I took a taxi up to soi 33 to have dinner at Livingstone's). Interestingly, I did hear from a reliable source that one lady at Tulip had five customers today! Some things just defy even heavy street fighting!Can wait to get there! I should arrive Sunday.

Lastbencher
05-14-10, 19:05
Dear Friends,

Please can anyone let me know if I can expect some Russian or caucasian girls in Bangkok or Pattaya. I am coming Bangkok for 10days and wish to make it the best xperience of my life. This is probably my first as well as last visit to Bangkok. Any link to escort agency wherein I can find russians is highly appreciated.

Once again please help.

Regards,

LB

Fly Boi
05-14-10, 20:17
Ok guys, help me out. Yes, I have searched and RTFF.

I will be arriving BKK on Sunday night at 2245. I have almost 10 hrs before I catch another flight out on Monday. My original plan is to cab it down towards Sukhumvit and try one of the massage places. I'm concerned about going downtown with all the violence going on in the streets. So, I'm thinking about staying at one the airport hotels around BKK instead of going downtown. My question is, what are my options around that area? Looks like I'm screwed. This is my first time in BKK and would've loved to have a little bit of fun during my short layover.

Pita123
05-14-10, 20:23

I will be arriving BKK on Sunday night at 2245. I have almost 10 hrs before I catch another flight out on Monday. My original plan is to cab it down towards Sukhumvit and try one of the massage places. I'm concerned about going downtown with all the violence going on in the streets. So, I'm thinking about staying at one the airport hotels around BKK instead of going downtown. My question is, what are my options around that area? Looks like I'm screwed. This is my first time in BKK and would've loved to have a little bit of fun during my short layover.

Cab it down to Tulip and you should be fine.

Ken Orvik
05-14-10, 20:26
dear friends,

please can anyone let me know if i can expect some russian or caucasian girls in bangkok or pattaya. i am coming bangkok for 10days and wish to make it the best xperience of my life. this is probably my first as well as last visit to bangkok. any link to escort agency wherein i can find russians is highly appreciated.

once again please help.

regards,

lb

i think if you are after "good" quality russian or caucasian girls, bkk is not the place to go.

i never understand people who go to asia to find hookers from europe.
there are so many better options of destinations if you want that.

my advice: when you are in bkk, stick to asian girls.

at least the europeen/russian girls i have met have been expensive/overpriced and not so good looking.

ken

Titanio
05-15-10, 00:36
Dear Friends,

Please can anyone let me know if I can expect some Russian or caucasian girls in Bangkok or Pattaya.At night you will find most of them in CM2, Spasso, Qbar or even outside BedSupperClub. During the day check out the upscaled coffee bars at the back streets of Siam Square (Soi Chulalongkorn 64). Cheaper than in Moscow, but not so much, 10000 Bt for an overnight stay seems to be common practice. And definitely not as beautiful as in Russia. Most of them will let you believe they are from Moscow or Kiev but the majority of them comes from Uzbekistan.

Suller Joe
05-15-10, 00:46
Tim / Giotto,

This suck I am planning a week in Bangkok next month and take up Giotto offer of 30 % ISG discount at livingstone, I am not too sure anymore if the king die this can easy belcome a civil war in Thailand soon.

Fast Eddie 48Not all but some are willing to risk their life to get laid. Many not only by BBBJ and BBFS, but also by actually dodging bullets. That tells me WGs will not be a thing of the past anytime soon. Cost sometimes seems to be as big part of the equation as the risk of losing life. Pretty amazing.

(Not a value statement)

Simian
05-15-10, 04:10

I checked out the airport hotel situation once and was very disappointed. I wanted to find a reasonable priced hotel where I could just hang out and sleep for a few hours and get a nice massage with extras. Most of the hotels were too expensive and I eventually found a small local hotel that was not too expensive and offered massage.

It was hell to find - the cab driver knew where every downtown hotel was but not this one. The masseuse was a lady in her 40s but no extras. Cost me about 800baht with hard bargaining to get a hand job with no touching her.

YOu are better off going to Sukhumvit. The further down Sukhumvit, the safer you are as you would be moving away from the point where the violence is taking place. Tulip at THong Lor would be good. I don't know if they close at a fixed time, though. If you think you can't find Tulip, you could go for one or more of the places nearer Nana. Your time of arrival is a bit unfortunate as many places close at midnight. You could get a room and get a girl from Sabai massage - no FS on the premises but plenty in a hotel/guest house room. A bit expensive for the two hours takeout, I thought (can't remember what they charged), but the girl let me have two rounds.

Kenster
05-15-10, 04:24
i think if you are after "good" quality russian or caucasian girls, bkk is not the place to go.

at least the europeen/russian girls i have met have been expensive/overpriced and not so good looking.

ken

i strongly agree. in an asian nation, white is a novelty.

novelty will cost you, as always.

i would hunt for russians and caucasians where they are a dime a dozen. in their homeland.

but nonetheless, if thats where your taste sends you and you cant find yourself in europe anytime soon, i recall reading on this forum that the nana hotel and i think it was rajah hotel lobby would have some russians? even pimps that handle them sitting there prospecting for business as you walk through the lobby.

once again, this is something i read whilst trawling this forum ages ago. never tried. prefer the thai's. :)

Fly Boi
05-15-10, 04:59
Thank you much Simian.

You're right, I think I'm better off biting the bullet and going to where the action is. Hopefully, the civil unrest will cool down by then.

Thanks guys.

Priamos
05-15-10, 05:00
But nonetheless, if thats where your taste sends you and you cant find yourself in europe anytime soon, i recall reading on this forum that the Nana Hotel and i think it was Rajah Hotel lobby would have some russians? Even pimps that handle them sitting there prospecting for business as you walk through the lobby.

I can confirm (part of) this information. The Rajah Hotel lobby is the place to meet short-termers - or, I should perhaps say the ground floor of the Hotel, because the girls walk around in groups sometimes. But just order a drink and sit down in the lobby; you'll be contacted. The action starts around sunset.

Having said that, I've been there, done that and I don't recommend it. First, the girls don't do outcalls. I was staying at neighbouring Hotel Majestic Grande and even there they wouldn't go. The only thing on offer is sex in their own upstairs rooms. And for that they charge a very high 2,500 baht ST. Last year I spent some 30 minutes upstairs with "Marina", a tall natural blonde from St. Petersburg. The service was OK, nothing more, nothing less. In other words, the price/quality ratio was great by Western European standards, but pretty dissapointing for Bangkok. I didn't return.

I can just picture all this!!

Priamos and Giotto having a battle of words about politics at the Livingstone Sport Lounge - whilst the gals are tugging at Priamos' sleeves to take them upstairs!! Bombs exploding and gun fire whizzing overhead!

Sounds like the fall of Phom Penh to me. :)

Ps. Priamos - you GOTTA stay at Livingstones Lodge - you just got to!!

Absolutely not. Four Seasons! Closer to the action! :)

Giotto
05-15-10, 05:48
Relatively quiet right now.

Skytrain service is said to be down all day.

Giotto

DG69
05-15-10, 06:40

ken

ken, i suppose lastbencher is a gentlemen from india, or surrounding states. for those people it's difficult and expensive to come to europe or russia. according my observations south asian people (indians, pakistanian, iranian, etc.) often have only eyes for white flesh and are not too interested in skinny brown thai girls. at least that's my observations from various visits in pattaya walking street and clubs in bkk, like spicy, bossy and the like. either it's those guys don't care about performance and are 100% into visual things. will say, if a girl is pretty by their standards it doesn't matter if she is a starfish, or it has something to do with prestige. it's maybe the same like driving a mercedes. if they can tell for their friends they had sex with a caucasian or russian girl, than they increase their prestige. often they might add some exaggeration like most people do, when they tell stories and soon everybody in their culture, believes that sex with russians is the best you can have in live.
i hear from a similar szenario in egypt, about western female tourists who let themselve fuck by egyptian beach boys. in a country where free sex is something absolute unique and unbelievable, those stories spread over the land like a stormwind.

Giotto
05-15-10, 06:42
Google Map of the problem zone / clashes :

http://maps.google.co.th/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116480606892254086046.0004817fafbb87b0951c0&ll=13.738718,100.546618&spn=0.057112,0.111494&z=14

Nvslim
05-15-10, 10:47
By DENIS D. GRAY

updated 37 minutes ago
BANGKOK - Thailand's army designated a riot-wracked neighborhood in central Bangkok as "live firing zone" on Saturday, as streets in the Asian metropolis became battlegrounds and authorities struggled to contain Red Shirt demonstrators demanding the prime minister's resignation.

Soldiers unrolled razor wire across roads leading to the Ratchaprarop area Saturday and pinned Thai and English-language notices saying "Live Firing Zone" and "Restricted Area. No Entry."

Slim

Fon Tok
05-15-10, 11:31
My plane arrived at BKK a couple of nights ago at about 11 pm. I was in my hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 23, showered and ready to relax by 12:30 am. I called my favorite Tulip girl who immediately came over to tuck me in. The little Isaan darling spent the night, the next day, and the next night before going back to work this morning. Let me tell you, 30 hours with an insatiable flower shop girl can have a draining effect on a guy!

This afternoon, in need of fresh air to clear my brain, I walked across Asoke, (MRT tunnel shut due to the mayhem), to Soi 19 and Friends Barber & Massage for a little trim (my fingernails). The lazy girls there were disappointed that I passed on offers of a massage. I grinned and told them I would come back soon. BTW, there were soldiers across the road looking more than a little bored.

I crossed Suhkumvit for a stop at Milan Suit to order a couple of new shirts, then back over to Soi Cowboy for a cheeseburger at The Old Dutch Corner (excellent, btw).

After lunch, walking down Soi 23, I couldn't help but think how hot it was. Really hot (yesterdays max temp was 38.1 degrees)!

As I made the turn into the driveway of my hotel, I could hear the oft familiar cries of "maaasaaage, maaasaaage" from a shop just across the soi. I walked about 10 meters, opportunity knocked on my fuzzy head, I did a 180 and stumbled back to the shop. After surveying the shapely goods, I arranged for a pretty little thing to come up to my room a little later.

After a shower and shave, the massage girl tapped on my door. She performed a decent oil massage before suggesting a "special." Like I said, opportunity knocks. The vixen rode me cowgirl style with her great little body until I was about ready to call for oxygen. I made a mental note to go back to see her when jet lag was gone.

The flower shop girl comes back later tonight.

So it goes in the land of M79 grenades, burning tires, rubber bullets (hmmm...), machine guns, political assassinations, etc.

The Pro
05-15-10, 12:10

Thank You!

Jackson

M P Lurker
05-15-10, 14:12
Google Map of the problem zone / clashes :

http://maps.google.co.th/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=116480606892254086046.0004817fafbb87b0951c0&ll=13.738718,100.546618&spn=0.057112,0.111494&z=14
I used to rent an apartment on Soi Rang Naam (Pratunaam) near the Victory monument. Thankfully not there any more.

Giotto
05-15-10, 15:00
The flower shop girl comes back later tonight.
Fon Tok,

And then you showed her your M79 and your rubber balls, right ?

Giotto

Traveller China
05-15-10, 16:03

I will be arriving BKK on Sunday night at 2245. I have almost 10 hrs before I catch another flight out on Monday. My original plan is to cab it down towards Sukhumvit and try one of the massage places. I'm concerned about going downtown with all the violence going on in the streets. So, I'm thinking about staying at one the airport hotels around BKK instead of going downtown. My question is, what are my options around that area? Looks like I'm screwed. This is my first time in BKK and would've loved to have a little bit of fun during my short layover.You can also book a cheap room at a hotel called Royal Pacific. This is roughly midway between the airport and downtown. You still need to check the security situation beforehand, but if you want to avoid the more violence-prone areas this might be a good option. AND: They have Colonze 4 right next door. How is that for convenience!