PDA

View Full Version : 2002-2006 Phnom Penh

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Run Mann
09-19-06, 16:06
GWillie,

Could not give you directions to go yourself but as I wrote in my report Sovann and the other Taxi Drivers all know these places, even the Tuk-Tuk drivers but that would be a hell or a bumby ride. The houses are about a 30 to 40 mintute drive from the Flamingos. I posted a couple of photos of the area and the houses in the the Photo section.

Run Mann,

Can you give us a better idea about the location of this place on the river? I am not familiar with it.

GWillie
09-19-06, 22:16
Run Mann,

I thought you might have been talking about Kien Svay but after looking at the pictures I don't think that is it.

Wolfsheim
09-21-06, 06:09
Yesterday I checked out some of the places on 63. Found a few gems amongst the less desirable ones.

I decided to choose a girl at No 53 Street 63 and proceeded to go with her to one of the rooms.

Once inside she wanted to massage me and positioned me on the bed with my head away from the door. Immediately alarm bells started to sound in my head as a previous post to this forum came to mind and as it turned out my fears were realised.

What happens is this. The girl positions you on the bed and sits on your back to give you a massage using that clicking hand slapping technique. While your head is out of view of the door, the door opens and someone rifles through your pants looking to steal money.

Fortunately for me I only take what I need to get the job done and dont carry extra cash so they ended up empty handed. But be warned , the house at No 53 Street 63 is a rip off house.

All that said I am still going to try some of the other places and will post a report once I have done so.

Benny09
09-21-06, 08:13
Happy Pizza is located at 223 Sisowath Quay.This is the southern end of the tourist area.Take a look in the Canby guide.

SillyBastard
09-21-06, 17:23
Run Mann,

I thought you might have been talking about Kien Svay but after looking at the pictures I don't think that is it.There's a place called Kep Themi which is about 5k outside Phnom Penh over the Monivong Bridge. I'm not sure about the spelling, but it's prounounced "Cap to my". I've been out there a couple of times. There are some floating restaurants, the food is good, the drink is cheap. Girls are available on the premises. I loved it.

Wolfsheim
09-24-06, 07:10
DV8 Bar and Guesthouse.

After visiting many bars and pubs in Phnom Phen I have to wonder why anyone would bother with DV8.

If you're staying there, the rooms are way below standard. For example a $5 room at Okay Guesthouse is much nicer than the crap room DV8 will provide.

If you're visiting then the $10 bar fine before 11pm really does put one off. The same quality girls can be found at bars like PKD1 (Street 136) and the bar fine is only $5. Alternatively hop along to Walkabout and grab a girl for $10 with no bar fine at all.

Drinks at DV8 aren't cheap and the manageress, Sopheap, treats the girls like crap in front of customers.

DV8 is a mediocre bar that is going downhill fast... not worth a visit any longer.

Walkabout Pub

Walkabout is a great place to get some western, aussie type pub food. The drinks are not too expensive and the ample traffic of girls 24 hours a day makes it a great place to unwind.

I have taken a couple of gems from walkabout, damage $10, no bar fine. Great service!

PKD-1

This is a new hostess bar near river side. The girls are pleasant, the drinks are well priced and the food is awesome. I suggest anyone who hasn't tried it should give it a try.

Hun Sen Park

Hun Sen Park is alive with street girls at night when not raining. Most will go for $5 and there are a few gems to be found.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Benny09
09-25-06, 06:38
I agree, DV8 is a poor excuse for p4p.I have been there twice,both times collarded by the same ugly girl while the couple of attrative girls had no interest. Expensive & Boaring

Prince Harry
09-27-06, 10:06
I will be in PP with some mates over new year and I have been trying to book rooms at the flamingo through their website.

Nothing happens, no reply, nothing.

Can anyoone explain this stupidity?

Pak Mike
09-27-06, 12:23
Another cum-gulping session at Sophie’s, these gals are good!! No fuss and bullshit, straight down to the task at hand (and mouth). Momma has got the formula right.

Is there are franchising opportunity here? A chain of Sophie’s? May be a bit difficult to recreate the grimy staircase entrance, and that worn sofa that has seen so much action. Probably some serious training required for the mommas, how many guys has she seen gulped, and now just so disinterested in the action.

ExpatCat
09-28-06, 05:07
I will be in PP with some mates over new year and I have been trying to book rooms at the flamingo through their website.

Nothing happens, no reply, nothing.

Can anyoone explain this stupidity?

Harry,

Strange, I had no problems booking online with Flamingos. Got a reply within two days confirming the reservation for October. I'll PM you with the email addy since this forum doesn't allow posting email addresses.

Good luck in getting in. Pls remember that New Year will probably be busy, this may, or may not have an influence.

Cheers
Expatcat

Prince Harry
09-28-06, 09:51
Harry,

Strange, I had no problems booking online with Flamingos. Got a reply within two days confirming the reservation for October. I'll PM you with the email addy since this forum doesn't allow posting email addresses.

Good luck in getting in. Pls remember that New Year will probably be busy, this may, or may not have an influence.
ExpatcatThanks cat,I have finally got a confirmation from the big bird for myself over new years.

Now I will start the painstaking exercise of booking for my mates-why is it so difficult?

However I know that all the sweat is worth it-YAHOO.

Cambo here we come,so to speak.

Wolfsheim
10-01-06, 07:29
there is a new danger which seems to be occuring in street 63.

numerous brothels have **** girls however even avoiding the **** girls can not protect you from danger.

when you finish with the lady that you choose she may sometimes take the condom from you supposedly to dispose of. however one of the younger girls will then take the condom to the police and accuse you of having had sex with her.

the scam works because the police pay money to the girls and maybe the brothel owner in the hope of taking part in a sting which will result in you having to pay extremely large amounts of money to avoid jail.

i was alerted to this practice by a government official that i met when in a bar in phnom phen.

my advice is to avoid street 63. there are too many young girls at these places and the danger is not worth the risk.

further to this, because asian/cambodian girls look very young - you cannot be sure that when a brothel owner says a girl is 18 that this is true.

Member #3443
10-02-06, 05:13
First thanks to Rising Son :):)

Went to Sophies last night. Took the motodop a little bit to find, but he found it. The outside and leading up to it on the 2d floor is as described in previous posts. Went in at 6pm. There were about a dozen girls ready to work. 1 guy with a moustache already there.

Immediatley surrounded by 5-6 girls as I got a beer. 1st girl just opened up my pants and went to work without saying a word. She sucked me for about 2-3 minutes and then another replaced here for another 2-3 minutes. In the meantime was talking to a couple of others while getting blown and drinking my beer. Decided on taking S, a 21 year old spinner about 5 feet and all of 80 pounds.

We went to a room and took a cold shower. Since it was hot, did not mind the cold shower. Got on the bed and she immediately gave me bbbj. She had very good technique, let her do this for about 10 minutes. Then I started kissing her. Sucked on her little A tits especially nice perky nips for awhile and then we 69 for another 10 minutes. She had a very nice clit.

When finished 69 I requested anal. Which she hesitatingly agreed to. Lubed up her ass while she was blowing me and then entered her via the anus. What a hot tight ass !! Started slowly as not to hurt her. after the bbbj and getting in her ass, came in about 5 minutes. Wonderful.

We cleaned up and cuddled and talked for a little. Found out she was 21, oldest of 8 in her family and sending money back home monthly as her family is poor and raising the other 7.

Went back out to the bar and had another beer and hugged S while 2 more mongers came in. This must have been around 7pm by this time. After a while of her gyrating into my groin, got horny again. Went back for round 2.

Went now into her own room. It is off the main bathroom and didn't have a private shower like the other. Back on the bed and foreplay, bbbj again, then i screwed that beutiful tight pussy for another 15 minutes before coming again. Cuddled some more and talked.

At the end for 2 shots gave here a $10 tip on top of $20 to mama for the 2 shots. S earned that tip. Excellent GFE!! I am going back to see her again ! !

Steve2423
10-02-06, 07:41
For a single guy, I think the walkabout hotel would be perfect for me. 24hr restaurant/w ladies waiting and nearby bars to visit.

Does anyone have any information on the room with balcony.

Thank you for any infor.

Steve

Member #3443
10-02-06, 10:44
I had gotten so horny writing the previous report, I called S and met her near Sophies. From there took a moto to Angkor Meas Guesthouse. It is around the corner from Sharkey's. Paid $6 for 2 hours for the room. Room actually was better than ok. Had a bathroom with electric heater for shower, 2 toothbrushes with toothpaste and soap. Room had a queen size bed with clean linen, tv with cable, and aircon.

We took a shower together, soaping each other up and hugging and dfk. Got out and dried off. Went to the bed and started some good foreplay.

Had a good bbbj from S for about 10 minutes. Then I decided to do daty until she came. Then I entered her for some mish, cowgirl for a long while with her alternating sucking my nipples. Finally doggie style and that's when I came 5 minutes after doggie.

Back to the shower to clean up, cuddling on the bed. S playing with my dick til I got hard again. Then round 2. More bbbj and a rousing mish and rear sideways until I came.

Found out that I was the 3d person to ever have had anal with her the night before :):)

Shamas
10-02-06, 23:13
For a single guy, I think the walkabout hotel would be perfect for me. 24hr restaurant/w ladies waiting and nearby bars to visit.

Does anyone have any information on the room with balcony.

Thank you for any infor.

Steve

Think twice, the nickname is Skankabout. Ladies, you must be smoking something. I went there half dozen time and never once saw anything I'd take for free.

JMHO

Shamas O'Dognasty

Hollow Man
10-03-06, 01:33

numerous brothels have **** girls however even avoiding the **** girls can not protect you from danger.

when you finish with the lady that you choose she may sometimes take the condom from you supposedly to dispose of. however one of the younger girls will then take the condom to the police and accuse you of having had sex with her.i always take the girl back to my hotel. no hassle of the massage lookng the other way while another girl rifles through your bag scam that way either.

Dveight Bar
10-04-06, 02:43
I agree, DV8 is a poor excuse for p4p.I have been there twice,both times collarded by the same ugly girl while the couple of attrative girls had no interest. Expensive & BoaringWell I'm sorry that Wolfshiem and yourself had a bad time at DV8. I constantly monitor the ISG for feedback on the bar and so far these are the only negative reports I've seen.

Benny09 if you got stuck with the same girl you should learn how to say no and change girls. This is a common problem with hostess bars, people don't know how to say they aren't interested in the girl that's talking to them. Try buying the girl you are interested in a drink. That gives a clear signal of who you do like and who you don't like.

Wolfsheim, Yes you can find cheaper rooms further from the riverfront but location is one of those things you pay for. Do you have any specific complaints about the rooms?

I'm surprised to hear PKD1 is a hostess bar as they advertise as a restaurant.

Here's how world66.com writes them up: "P.KD1 (Open Daily 2pm - Late) Just off the Riverside. From bangers and mash, pork and veggies to a selection of exotic Khmer dishes, the choice is yours. Relax in clean and stylish dining, where the food is fresh and the staff are friendly. Crisp cold Aussie and Chilean Wines. Cheap beer and great cocktails. Cable TV. Come and join us. No. 40, Street 136 Tel: 012 769920"

Interesting description for a hostess bar.

Drinks are similar in price to other hostess bars such as Zanzibar, Rose Bar and the ones on street 108.

I'm guessing you've had a a bad experience and are venting, that's what the internet is for. Faceless name calling.

Dveight Bar
10-04-06, 03:00
I agree, DV8 is a poor excuse for p4p.I have been there twice,both times collarded by the same ugly girl while the couple of attrative girls had no interest. Expensive & BoaringFirstly sorry if this turns into a double post, something screwed up when the last message was submitted.

I monitor the ISG for feedback on DV8, and this is the first two reports I have seen.

Benny09, the problem you had is common in hostess bars. If on your first visit you 'chose' a girl then she seems to get first crack at you next time you come. I've had people ask me the same question "How do you change girls". Well it depends on how rude you want to be. Tell them you aren't interested or buy the girl you are interested in a drink. That is a clear signal you aren't interested in the last girl.

Wolfsheim, sorry you had such a bad time at DV8. Not much I can do about it now. Drink prices are similar to other hostess bar such as Zanzibar, Rose bar and the others on 108st.

Yes you can find rooms cheaper further from the riverfront. The $5 rooms are clean, beds are queen sized and the sheets are changed everyday/use. They have Cable TV's and private cold water showers so I'm not sure what your complaint is. Could you be more specific.

I thought PKD1 was a restaurant. The way they advertise and promote themselves is as a restaurant. A very nice restaurant too.

I'll pass on the comment about how she treats the girls, I've done this before but a reminder doesn't hurt obviously.

Walkabout drinks are some of the cheapest in town in a western bar so to describe them as "Not too expensive" might indicate how you value things and this may be the cause of your negative report.

However I should point out that business is better than ever and last month was exceptional even for a on season month.

Roguesta
10-05-06, 04:22
Steve:

I really like the Walkabout. I'll stay there again when I go back in the spring. My room was $14.00. It didn't really have a private balcony, but had a nice view of the street. I think that you can get a room for $18.00, and this might include a private balcony. They have pool tables on the first and second floors, so even when you're not mongering, you can find girls to play with at any time. Some are skanks, but some are real beauties. Also, any food or beers that you buy when you're there can be added to your tab, and you can settle up before you leave.

The Wanderer
10-05-06, 15:45
Stopped at DV8 about a month ago, had a great time. Lack of choice was not a problem. My only issue would be having to pay a bar fine without going off the premises. BTW Mikado was excellent.

I agree, DV8 is a poor excuse for p4p.I have been there twice,both times collarded by the same ugly girl while the couple of attrative girls had no interest. Expensive & Boaring

Member #3443
10-05-06, 16:37
Went to the New York Hotel at about 8pm. Went to the 8th floor (elavator to 7th floor, then one flight of stairs up). Had about 15 girls working. Some older, but not too old. Picked a spinner, Ph. She is about 4'9"-4'10" and 70-75 pounds. Looked to be the smallest girl there. She is 24 and vietnamese.

They gave me a room on the 7th floor for the massage. Went into the room and had Ph wash me in the shower. She got naked too. Helped to wash her too. From ther went for the bed. It was queen size. Room had aircon and cable tv.

Ph started to give me a massage, but I stopped her and began foreplay with her. She had "A" breasts, but very big and pointy nipples. Sucked on them til they were rocks. At the same time diddling her clit with my finger.

When her pussy got wet had her give me a bbbj until I was hard. Once hard put it in a very tight pussy. She had to spread her leags far apart. But once in and rocking and rolling, no problems. I was horny so only did mish and came in about 5 minutes.

After I came, we washed up again. Back to the bed and she gave me a half way decent massage. After awhile she was stroking my dick again til I was hard and off to round 2. Mish, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl. Tried doggies, but that seemed to be uncomfortable for her. So cowgirl again with her sucking on my nipples and riding me until I came again. Again washed up.

Total cost for a little over an hour for the room, girl, massage, 2 shots, and tip was $25. :):):)

Phantomtiger2
10-09-06, 23:39
Read mixed reviews about this topic and hope any who tried the street food stalls often (and not just once or twice) can answer this age old question.
Some say (including some travel guides) to avoid the food stalls as its unsanitary and will ruin your vacation.
And others have said its cheap and its safe.
So just which is correct?

Note: I know standards are not the same in each country but I do not have a cast iron stomach and I never had any troubles with getting sick eating often at some Thailand food stalls.

Dick Little
10-10-06, 07:18
Read mixed reviews about this topic and hope any who tried the street food stalls often (and not just once or twice) can answer this age old question.

Some say (including some travel guides) to avoid the food stalls as its unsanitary and will ruin your vacation.

And others have said its cheap and its safe.

So just which is correct?

Note: I know standards are not the same in each country but I do not have a cast iron stomach and I never had any troubles with getting sick eating often at some Thailand food stalls.Generally, common sense prevail; however, it's best to take Imodium about half an hour before meal during travel in third world country.

Food stall vendors are very poor, so I try my best to support them provided that they are sanitary.

If it's doesn't look clean, It's probably not! :)

Have Pun!:)

Waster99
10-10-06, 10:29
Any food that have reached 62 degrees celsius (143 Fahrenheit) over a period of 3-5 minutes are usually considered to be safe, however sometimes they grill the meat and move it to the side of the fire (awaiting hungry customers).......this might be a problem. Whenever I travel in asia I follow 3 rules:

1) Always eat very warm food, if the meat has been set aside for a while I ask them to put it back on the grill to ensure a heat inside the meat exceeding 62 degrees celsius, I do not eat any cold vegetables, rather wooked (and hence warm) ones are ok

2) I start everyday with a profylactic antibiotic called Norfloxacin 400 mg (Lexinor brandname sometimes), Norfloxacin killes fast growing bacterias in the stomach, urinal tract and gives you a far better chance to withstand any problems

3) I also start everyday with drinking a salt/sugar/mineral-bag with 1 litre of water. The bags are sold in all pharmacies (can't recall the name but it is usually a colerful bag sold one by one for the purpose of getting the essentials back after foodpoisining). In very hot weather, sometimes the fact that you are sweating out so much salt/minerals can cause the stomach to go bad, above mentioned hinders this.

Last tip, If you catch food-poisining, go and get Norfloxacin and eat it for 2 days, you are usually perfectly ok within 24 hours. Do make sure that you have no allergy against antibiotics/penicillin before.

Good luck

Waster99
10-10-06, 10:40
A couple of pictures of different Norfloxacin-packages, always ask for Norfloxacin 400 mg and do not bother so much about the brandname (Lexinor or Myfloxacin or Norflox etc.), This is very basic antibiotics, and any country should be able to produce it.

Montecristo
10-12-06, 02:06
First of all, i liked Phnom Penh, very different from everything i knew.
Stayed at the very famous Flamingo Hotel, 10000% girl friendly, the staff was nice and helpful, but i really felt the place was rundown, i payed 20$, i wonder if i payed a little extra i could have gotten a much better place.
Of course there were several plus, like localization, 20 seconds walk to the Walkabout, and all those bars in the 51 street.
I was there in August and it was definitly low season, very, very few tourists, foreign restaurants almost empty (i wonder how they stay in business), catched a lot of rain (sometimes heavy rain !), but when i return to Cambodia, it will be definitly in low season, since the fantastic ratio of women per men, is worthwhile.
Its difficult to advice in terms of the places to go, it will depend, on the girls you will find there.
For example Martini is mentioned a lot, but when i went there (in a saturday), there were many women, but i found no one interesting and left after 10-15 minutes, and in the last days, i tried the Mikado Bar, a very small place, perhaps 4, 5 women there but it was the best time of all my trip (Thailand included).
Sharkys was ok, i found there the first girl (from Vietnam, 20 $ LT), and Walkabout was always a place to go, because for 24 hours, there were girls available, and no bar fine.

In terms of other activities, Phnom Phen doesn't have much to offer, some stuff about the Pol Pot genocide (impressive, how 4-5 guys, managed to murdered 2 million people), some trips in Mekong River, and good food in foreign restaurants (very good !).

Felt 100% safe, so much talk about safety, but i never felt worried, of course at night you shouldn't walk on the street because there are almost no lights, and so anything can happen, but you catch a motobike, and go from place to place, of course the driver can take you to strange places, but it was so easy to study the city map, that easily you can understand, something is going wrong.

In conclusion, i really felt it was worthwhile, to leave Thailand and visit Cambodia.

Montecristo

That Asshole
10-14-06, 03:45

when you finish with the lady that you choose she may sometimes take the condom from you supposedly to dispose of. however one of the younger girls will then take the condom to the police and accuse you of having had sex with her.

the scam works because the police pay money to the girls and maybe the brothel owner in the hope of taking part in a sting which will result in you having to pay extremely large amounts of money to avoid jail.

i was alerted to this practice by a government official that i met when in a bar in phnom phen.

my advice is to avoid street 63. there are too many young girls at these places and the danger is not worth the risk.

further to this, because asian/cambodian girls look very young - you cannot be sure that when a brothel owner says a girl is 18 that this is true.

----------------------------------------------------------------
comment: yes, if you read through the postings, several members have noted this. what can you do about it?

the story of the doctor and cop

the eternal question remains unanswered: do cops hate crime? the answer is: sure they do. they do their best to eliminate crime and crims from the world and making it a better place to live for all good people. sure they do, yes, yes. they hate crime.

think back in your life: have you ever been laid off work? ever bought that land, begged for a mortgage to build that miserable house to keep cover over your dozen always hungry kids and always yaggering wife -"darl, we need more moni. we really need to buy that new wardrobe for the bedrooom and we really need to replace that old washing mashin bekoz it's leaking." ("oh shut up you b! ...." you want to say but too afraid to.) rather go to work, do overtime just to keep her yaggering at bay.

then the boss calls you in the office one sunny day and the shit freezes in you. "sorry pal, we have no more work for you. you are off the payroll." - he says. then your heart breaks, your world collapses. you have been working yer ass off for the last 20 years and they lay you off like this. off there goes your mortgage, your kids education, your peaceful retirement spent with fishing. it's only another few years away (so you thought). they all go up in a big flash.

would you want this? this big 'project' you just have been working on seemed so exciting. it is 'really' important for the people, and you thought you were doing something good. now it's all gone. tomorrow you will be a beggar. join the job queues after a thousand others who are more young, and more qualified than you. this job was your life. now you are standing on the edge of the cliff and they just gave you a last push. you are practically dead. worse than dead. at least the dead have no worries.

would you want this??? i have a guess that this is most humans' worst nightmare. yet, this is what cops actually want. strange lot as they are. they actually want to eradicate crime and crims from this world altogether so that all the good people can live in peace. and finally they can get their well deserved lay off, with their mortgages, kids, wives, disabled mothers, retirement plans blown into oblivion. yet, as strange as they are they want to happen to them what other peoples worst nightmare is. so, now you know. in fact they hope it every day: "oh if i just eliminate one more crim and one more criminal act or two i mightbe just one step nearer to lay-off and a kick in my ass". for us commoners it is hard to comprehend it but that's their hope. fucking strange. i can't really comprehend it but i am just an idiot so it is understandable.

also, if i was a doctor of some kind, i would viciously fight all microbas and worms and viruses and tumors so that as soon as possible nobody would have any use for me and i could enjoy the happy existance of a beggar sitting in the dust in front of the now closed hospital gates, wiping my ass with my 100 grand 10 year university course diploma. the now healthy people (all the bakers, carpenters, electricians, etc) sometimes would throw me half a sandwich or two before going home to retire in their beautiful houses, surrounded by their healthy kids and copulate with their good smelling wives who don't have smelly vaginal discharges any more because i have eliminated that microba too. before they sleep they don't even bother to lock their doors and windows any more because my best friend the cop has successfully eliminated all the crims from the world (they are safely locked now in cages) so only all the good people are outside.

by the way, the woman who used to be my wife is rooted now by a carpenter because i could not take her on overseas holidays any more and buy her more chanel parfume and baci chocolate and prada shoes and ...... the carpenter could because there is always need for new houses and new funiture. but of course i am quite content with that. everyone knows i have personally eliminated at least two dozen sick people or more. so, i happily go to sleep in the dust next to my cop friend (who by the way personally eliminated at least ten dozen drog dealers and wife beaters and drunk drivers. ah yes and of course the kid-molesters. of course he eliminated that dirt of offenders too. he locked them all in cages. that's where they are now. rotting in cages. the dirt!)

happy life is ours. so, we the doctors and cops live on the streets sitting in the dust and mud all day (depending on the season), in front of the now defunct ambulances, hospitals and police stations. their walls are crumbling. nobody needs them any more.

i am happy. but fuck, it is so boring sitting in the dust all fucking day. and i am hungry too. and i want to get back my wife from that fucking carpenter, so that i can root her. and shit, look! what those good people eating: lobster! all i get all day is just these half chewn sandwiches. fuck, what i would give for another new type of bacteria or tumor that attacked those fucking people. so that they would start dying again and i could help them and save their life.

oh but shit that's evil thinking. hope my friend the cop didn't hear it. he seems quite content there sitting in his own crap. looks a bit hungry too. his clothes are fraying. (his wife is being rooted by the baker, i think. kids gone to orphanage.) but hey, he seems a bit distressed. he is murmuring something to himself. let's listen in (nothing else to do anyway). he seems saying something about 'dog-dealers'. why is he into dogs now? i will listen more closely. he says:

"oh fuck, i am hungry. it's cold and raining. and i want to root my wife. i want my kids back too. give me a fucking drug-dealer! give me another drunk-driver!" now he is getting louder. "give me a bank-robber! and a child-molester! no, give me ten of those! they were always good business. oh, fuck i am hungry...." ( he starts crying ).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so, does this answer your question about the "****" girl issue? don't look at the cop. he is just one of us. the product of a system, that is designed to eat it's own parts and members. please look at the sytem. and cry...

Azn Playa
10-14-06, 06:26
1) Always eat very warm food, if the meat has been set aside for a while I ask them to put it back on the grill to ensure a heat inside the meat exceeding 62 degrees celsius, I do not eat any cold vegetables, rather wooked (and hence warm) ones are ok

2) I start everyday with a profylactic antibiotic called Norfloxacin 400 mg (Lexinor brandname sometimes), Norfloxacin killes fast growing bacterias in the stomach, urinal tract and gives you a far better chance to withstand any problems

3) I also start everyday with drinking a salt/sugar/mineral-bag with 1 litre of water. The bags are sold in all pharmacies (can't recall the name but it is usually a colerful bag sold one by one for the purpose of getting the essentials back after foodpoisining). In very hot weather, sometimes the fact that you are sweating out so much salt/minerals can cause the stomach to go bad, above mentioned hinders this.

Last tip, If you catch food-poisining, go and get Norfloxacin and eat it for 2 days, you are usually perfectly ok within 24 hours. Do make sure that you have no allergy against antibiotics/penicillin before.Ive eaten cold vegetables everywhere in asia, and its never caused me any problems. As long as they have been cooked already and insects havent been crawling on them.

However, if you dont live here then you probably need to be more cautious.

The thing you need to be careful of is salads or raw vegetables because they are usually washed with tap water and/or may not be cleaned properly.

Drinking water with electrolytes and glucose added is a good idea, but its most important to be regularly drinking small quantities throughout the day. And especially during and after a big alcohol drinking session.

Regarding taking antibiotics as preventative medicine - this will cause you harm in the future and I strongly recommend against this practise. You will develop resistance to the affects of the antibiotics and wil require stronger ones over time. If you get badly sick or develop an infection then you will need some very strong pills, which will cause severe nausea and pain in other organs! Remember also that antibiotics do not discriminate against good or bad bacteria - so in reality you could be reducing your inbuilt resistance to food poisoning by taking these pills everyday.

If you get food poisoning, the best thing for your body is to avoid medicine, and just let it run out of your system. Replace all fluids regularly which could mean as much as 4-6 litres a day if you are running to the toilet every 2 hours. After 2 days it should be cleard up but you will feel weak. During those 2 days, avoid all dairy products, food containing oil, and instead focus on toast, cracker biscuits, plain boiled rice and apples (yes apples).

Bubbagoes100
10-15-06, 10:03
I'm glad to hear that Happy Pizza is still around. Its been 2 yrs plus since I was in Cambodia, but last time I was there I hired a driver for the day to take me K11, Killing Fiekds, etc.
The guy was a maniac driver, when I stopped for lunch at Happy Pizza I had a few pieces left over that he ate. For the rest of the afternoon he just slowly drove around and kept wanting to stop for sweets.
Can't figure.
Anyways thinking about PP again but I have heard that there are a lot less of the Viets these days, is that true?

Bubbagoes100
10-16-06, 02:04
Waster,
My doc told me that doxycycline 100mg, one time a day does the same thing, as well as acting as a anti malarial. This is good because some of the modern malaria meds can cause some strange mood swings or seizures.

Phantomtiger2
10-16-06, 18:24
Waster,
My doc told me that doxycycline 100mg, one time a day does the same thing, as well as acting as a anti malarial. This is good because some of the modern malaria meds can cause some strange mood swings or seizures.

One downside with this drug is that it will make you extremely light sensitive=very easy to get a nasty sunburn, so take precaution as dealing with the topical sun and this drug can get you with a serious exposure.

Matka
10-17-06, 17:37
I wanted to see Cambodia before it becomes Thailand. So I took a short tip to Phnom Penh (PP hereafter) and Sihanookville (SV hereafter). Here is my report.

1. Booked an Air Asia flight months ago for THB 2300 RT from BKK. Reached at the airport an hour before departure. They would not let me check-in because the immigration line was supposedly 1 hour long due to Sunday and less staff (because they were moving the operation to new airport). Got real pissed off. It was only 6 am on a fucking Sunday. Had to buy another ticket from Bangkok Air for $150 OW departing at 2 pm. They give you snacks, coffee, juice etc. at the plane entrace while you are waiting to board. Business class treatment. Food in the plane was excellent (spinach cheese ravioli). Reached at Cambodia. Very modern and new airport. All immigration officers were sitting in a queue. You present the passport and application. One by one, everyone signs it, one guy collects $20, and gives you the passport in 5 minutes. Great system. In BKK and PP, a web camera takes your picture at the immigration desk and matches it with the picture at the time when you depart. I think they also match it with bad guys list. Anyway, since I had only a small backpack, I took the mototaxi for $2 (price is fixed). Car taxi is $7.

Since I did not have a hotel/GH reservation, I went to a few GHs and selected one for $10/day. Took a moto for girl hunting. He took me to a place called "Boading". A papasan called a few girls. You select one and either use the in-house rooms or take her to your hotel. In house is $10, outside is $20 for all night. I am sure you can negotiate. But, it sounded good enough for me. I tried in-house. The girl I selected would not do BBBJ after getting naked. I told her to pack up and go. She did. I called the papasan, he immediately called another one. She would not do BBBJ either. Then he called a bunch of them. One said yes. She had great attitude and technique. I tried BBBJ, cowgirl, doggie etc. Made me happy. Tipped $2. Great experience.

2. Tried Sophie. Moto driver had tough time to find this place at night. Took at least one hour. Toured PP quite a bit. Finally, found it. It is a place every guy should go to once in his lifetime. I could only think of the job these poor girls do for living and stay respectful to you. Once you sit on the stool and have a drink, 3-4 girls give you sample of their tongue skills immediately puts you in heaven. I wish the time could stop here. Those who have been here would know what I mean. Anyway, after a while I selected one. Took her to back room. Came back, had another drink, took another one to room. I liked her tongue skill so much, I negotiated with Mamasan for her to go with me to SV for a day for $40.

3. Next day, took a comfortable bus with her to SV. Due to festival, the bus rates were high ($8 pp). Good trip to SV. You get to see the real Cambodia. She was fine till last day. Then her period started and she got moody (PMS). She was great in BBBJ, but her skills were poor in bed. Did enjoy the time, but it could have been better. SV is a very nice place. Really enjoyed swimming in the sea, coconut-water, warm weather, and simply relaxing at the beach. For some reason, there are many italian and indian restaurents in both PP and SV. Food was excellent and cheap (never more than $5-$7).

Azn Playa
10-19-06, 12:05
A motodriver that doesnt know Sophies?

Also its location is on almost every free map that you can pick up from a hotel.
hope you werent paying per hour - sounds like he scammed you for more money.
(and if a driver EVER screws up for any reason, or something doesnt feel right, i will either get off and find another in the daytime, or at night get to my destination or another busy expat location and never use him again).

And you took a Sophies girl for several days for $40/day?

Damn thats pricey, esp. as you even admit yourself that these girls have a really dirty job.

So easy to find a girl in a bar who will stay with you for $20 a day and take care of all your needs.

Not to mention the mongering opportunities that can be had in Sihanoukville!

If you spent $16 for 2 bus tickets, you can get a private car to drive you for $25-30 (depends on your negotiation skills).

Its quicker, comfortable and you can have fun with your girl during the journey.

FrankStraube
10-19-06, 19:07
After so many times in Thailand, I decided to try Cambodia. Was in Phnom Penh in june 06. Had a fantastic time. From Airport to town 7 $ for taxi (2$ for a mototaxi). Went to Fortuna Hotel for one night, but decided to go to a better hotel along Monivong bd. Many nice hotels there for 30$ : New York, Mittaphaep, Pacific, Big Luck, Diamond, Rent a motorbike for 2$ a day at Lucky Lucky also on Monivong bd. Didn’t regret it, the motobike taxi are a real pain and I like to be able to go anywhere on my own.

Plenty of night life:

- Bars Freelancers: Sharky, Martini, (10/15$ ST, 20/30$ LT)

Sharky is really the place I like the most in Phnom Penh: it is in the same place a restaurant, a cinema, a disco, a bar, and of course is full of lovely girls eager to please you

- Bars ST: Cyrcee Club, Mikado, Sophie (10/15$ ST, 25/30$ LT). All of these places are around the old market. Sophie is quite dirty but girls are fun, Mikado has the best rooms and Cyrcee the most beautiful girls.

- Hostess Bars: Rose Bar, Shangai Bar,Walkabout. The usual bars with hostesses, best option is to choose one of the freelance girls

- Bar VIP : Casa Karaoke, Manahattan Disco du Holiday International Hotel (40$ LT). Best is to go there with your girl from Sharky, the price are too expensive. Manhattan has stunning girls, but they seem only interested in the rich chinese businessmen

- Disco : Heart of darkness, Spark. HoD is near Walkabout, many girls to choose from. Spark is the typical asian disco, huge very dark and very loud. Only cambodian people having fun, not a good place to pick a girl.

- Svay Pack was closed, Tuol Kock is now a big avenue behind the french embassy. Still a few shacks with girls, but not a good idea to go at night because gangs of drunken youths, some of them with guns (so I was told).

- Paris Hotel massage 229 Kampuchea Krom: a massage parlour inside the hotel, thai style. But couldn’t find a girl I like.

Security was no problem, but take care at night because streets are very dark. Was happy to have my own rented motorbike.

Had a great time (the blue pill is only 1$), a nice change from Thailand. Can’t wait to go back soon.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Frank

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Matka
10-20-06, 05:15
AsiaPlayer,

You are right. The map is in little guide book. I found out late. It was my first day. Also, the motodriver only charged me $1.

The reason I took the girl from Sophie was that I really liked her BBBJ skills. She is definitely an A performer. She goes by the name Ana. Try her sometime. She was with me for 2 full days and a night. I think $40 is fair, maybe on a high side. But, remember, my dick was doing the decision-making, not my mind at that time.

You are again right about opportunities in SV. But, I was there only for a day and night, and I did not want to spend my time in hunting. I'd surely do it next time. Also, it is better to rent a moto than deal with moto guys, both in PP and SV.

PP/SV are great places to be explored, it you have time. I wish I had some more time.

Rising Son
10-20-06, 15:24
[QUOTE=FrankStraube]
Sharky is really the place I like the most in Phnom Penh: it is in the same place a restaurant, a cinema, a disco, a bar, and of course is full of lovely girls eager to please you

Great summary Frank, but I think the paragraph above describes Martini, not Sharky. Sharky is okay (and a little better lately than it used to be) but Martini is the one that offers the all-in-one experience of movies, food, liquor, and girls.

Makes me wish I were there right now. Oh, well, I will be in a few weeks.

RS

Dragon1423
10-21-06, 01:08
Frankstraube,

Nice report, Where did you find the blue pill for a dollar? Or is that the going rate for the blue pill? Never found it that cheap a year ago. Thanks.

D1423

Pansted00
10-21-06, 03:30
Hi,

I will be at the Intercontinental next week.

Anyone got the tel number of a girl with huge boobies?

Thanks

Stephen Uk
10-21-06, 18:03
I have often been to PP and looked for 'Toul Kok'. I think that I looked near the bridge.

I'm guessing from Frankstraube excellent report that I should have looked further up 70th street near the lake to find the girls? Are the girls still there or has it all been 'cleaned up'?

I'm back in PP soon and want to take a look.

PS there are a few $5 girls near the river just south of the bridge and some a fun!

FrankStraube
10-22-06, 00:21
True, my mistake: I meant Martini near the Toul Sleng Genocide museum, and not Sharky near the old market, which is nothing special

Cheers,

Frank

You can get the blue pill called Zeagra (exactly the same molecule as the real thing) in most pharmacists and petrol station for 3 to 5 $ for a box of four 100mg tablets

Rising Son
10-22-06, 15:17
Regarding generic Viagra and Cialis, there's a little street just off the new market that's got half a dozen pharmacies on it (mostly on the right as you move away from the marketplace) and they specialize in these products. (Look for the one that's got nothing but boxes of Kamagra and Zeagra up against the glass in their counter.) Buy 4 or 5 packs of four and you can get the price down to $2, which translates into 50 cents per hundred-mil tab.

RS

Sporty
10-24-06, 15:56
Yeah guys the price you have quoted is correct. Buy 10 packs and you can get them for $1.60 a pack of 4. Any of the pharmacies around the central market area will sell them for around this price.

There is a Chinese brand with 300mg tablets selling for around $3 a pack, but these are not as common around the place.

Carlos Spain
10-25-06, 21:31
Hello

Somebody knows Holidays discotek in Phnom Penh?

What type of girls frequents that discotek?
Are freelancers girls?

They have said to me that there are several problems with the drug in that place.

Where I can find girls of better class than in Martini or Sharkys?

A greeting

Dinghy
10-26-06, 05:48
Booked the B800 (plus 750 "fees" flight) so the net was about $41 (plus the B500 departure tax) IF the flight had been available for 555B (the current "special") would have taken it - but anyway - ONE HOUR sure beats ALL DAY all the time. Flew in from BKK this AM - 7am departure, 8am arrival. Airasia in the new airport is a REAL HIKE from immigration, they they take you down to the bottom (ground level) and BUS you out to the plane, then have to climb the stairs. &*^$^%$$

Got a rickshaw with 2 other guys for $5 so price was OK. Immigration had a "minor problem" with $100 US bills (evidently a lack of 20's so had to wait until they "got some") Haven't investigated the opportunities yet so will report when I do.

Probably coming back thru Snooky (overland if I can - tried the boat several times, want to try the land route at least once.

Schlonger
10-27-06, 13:55
Had a very short stay in PP and had only limited time to venture to one of the famous BJ bars. From all the reports on here, I decided that the Sophie Bar was to be it. And when I found out that my hotel was not too far, it made my decision. Now the description of the location is pretty spot on. It is on the corner and you will see an ageing sign lit up on the first floor. The entry to the building is terrible.....dark and dirty. However, gritted the teeth and got there early at 5.55pm (they open at 6pm). As I sat down on the bar, I was greeted by 3 girls and as soon as I placed an order for a beer, the cock was out and being sucked by one of them. The other 2 tooks turns until one took over completely. She went for it and then asked me if I wanted to go into the rooms. I declined and told her to blow away. She did so professionally and even made her work for it. 15 mins later of nice mouth work I was cumming. She did not swallow and spat it out on the floor! Finished my beer, paid $10 for the girl, $1 each for the warmer uppers and I think $2 for the beer. Not bad!

I then trotted off to the casino and after losing my stash, I decided that I needed another blowjob before I went back to my hotel. Same thing again except I chose another girl. The bar was much busier now butI managed to get the same stool I was on earlier. Same deal again and was out within 30 mins with the old fella now well and truly satisfied.

Glad I went and now my curiousity has been fulfilled!

Romeo Blue
10-28-06, 21:00
are there any streets in PP where you just walk arond and can pic up a girl?

like in thailand the sukumvit around nana hotel?

Sidhartha
10-29-06, 06:48
I will be in Phnom Penh for one night and I am looking for a visitor friendly hotel that is in the middle of the action - within walking distance of a few 'nice' places. Any suggestions?
I read on the board that the Flamingo is okay - I dont seem to be able to find its web site. Does it have one? If not, how is it booked?

Run Mann
10-29-06, 07:02
I will be in Phnom Penh for one night and I am looking for a visitor friendly hotel that is in the middle of the action - within walking distance of a few 'nice' places. Any suggestions?
I read on the board that the Flamingo is okay - I dont seem to be able to find its web site. Does it have one? If not, how is it booked?

http://www.flamingos.com.kh/

Dinghy
10-30-06, 03:39
Dody - About the best place I found in PP was "Walkabout" corner of Street 174 and 51 (Pasteur) From a purely practical standpoint, though, Mikado or Cyrcee also provide adequate service and might cost less in the long run (but I didn't like Sophie bar at all - too mercenary)

Food is a bit expensive unless you "go native" and that's a bit dsifficult if you don't speak the language. Overnights seem to cost about $15 from Walkabout

There was a report about availability of vitamins V, C and L in PP - OK, the directions to "where" the chemist is were a bit "lacking" - BUT - the trasffic around the market is one-way counterclockwise. The pharmacies are on the corner street that would be where the one-way would run directly into street 51 (Pasteur). Prices were $2 more or less for Kamagra and Zeagra and $6 for Apsalis (all 4 pack) You don't want to buy L there - only the "real thing" at $20 per 4 pack You can get a discount if buying "more" packs (10 to 20%)

Robarts
11-02-06, 02:27
Hi, all,

Used this site for a wealth of info proir to spending 10 nights in Phnom Penh during late August. Stayed at Flamingos the first couple of nights and as far as location goes, you can't beat it. Shanghi Bar is accross the road and walkabout (a dive), Heart of Darkness and numerous other bars along 51 Street are within 2 minutes walk. Flamingos offers safe and clean/fairly modern accomodation for $20-$30 a night. On the advice of a girl I met at Shanghi Bar I move to Superstar Hotel. To get there you walk out of Flamingo, turn left down the street and walk for about 5-6 minutes. Although this may seem a hike to some you can get a moto if you can't be bother walking for 2000 Reil. Very similar rooms to Flamingo but at only $10 it is a bargin especially when you check out hotels in the $10-20 price range.

In terms of bars I think I probably went to most of them. The big four Walkabout: (open 24/7, food, average girls although avaiable anytime $15-$20 LT, $5-$10 ST. Possible to get girls here for $5 ST with no bar fine just stick to your guns and start making eye contact with other girls and she will soon enough agree. I should mention that the quality at Walkabout is average at best although some stunners pop in especially later at night) Heart of Darkness (Empty until around 11 but as the premier dance club in PP really kicks on until late. Plenty of freelances avaiable just buy them a drink and have a chat, if you like them offer $20LT, $10 ST and you should be on a moto soon as you finish your drink. Be expected to be searched prior to entry and be careful not to annoy any of the often well connected local men. Plenty of backpackers make the journey from the lake to party hard through the night) Sharkies: (Great place for pool and food as well as checking out the local talent. Staff wear t-shirts that state that they are Staff very friendly but if you wanted to take one home you better be fairly challenging. I ask one of the out for a drink at the end of the shift which she agreed to and we ended spending the night together so maybe adopt that approach. She didn't ask for any money but I gave her $10 for a "moto and some lunch". Working girls are friendly, love to play pool and typically cost $20LT, $10ST) The last place is the biggest and the name escapes me but check out other reports and find out the name. It is huge with disco, outdoor theatre and girls, girls, girls! Same prices as above but check out the girl in the light prior to agreeing to anything as the disco is dark.

Other places worth mentionaing are Sophies (very, very friendly girls read previous reports for details. Take home LT $25 which I took advantage of and it was worth every cent, Anal, CIM and everthing else and she loved it and kept on asking for more. Great place to have a threesome onsite for $10 per girl. Rose Bar off the river is great and some of the girls are knockout (in my opinion best quality in PP prices are as above and you can take home or rent a room upstairs for $5 if you can't wait. Shanghi Bar is where I spent alot of time and although alot of girls will not go out with guys most will Bar Fine $5 after 10. Met one great girl there and spent several nights together, met and went out with her friends, ate out and went shopping together. Shy at first but warmed up when we started to get to know each other. Great GFE lots of kissing etc and was quite sad when it was time to go. She never asked for cash although I bought her drinks, dinner etc. Plenty of other places to check out but check out previous reports for details.

PP is a safe place if you relatively sensible. Make sure you clearly state what you want from a girl and the price before getting into anything. It might be hard to cum in their mouth if you have not previously made this clear whilst negotiating. Girls are generally really friendly and egar to please. If you buy them a drink prior to going back to your hotel, ask them about their family and have a bit of a laugh with them the service later will be considerably better. Good luck!

Derim
11-05-06, 16:30
I remember reading that bars like Sophie's are opened at about 6pm, are there possibilities for a daytime action? At what time those massage places (for example at New York hotel) usually open?

Dragon1423
11-05-06, 19:39
Robarts,

Thanks for the great report. I will be there in January. Does the Superstar Hotel have room safes or one at the counter? D1423

Shamas
11-05-06, 23:39
I remember reading that bars like Sophie's are opened at about 6pm, are there possibilities for a daytime action? At what time those massage places (for example at New York hotel) usually open?

NY Hotel Massage opens early, 11am at the latest. PP is full of MP that offer happy endings.

Walkabout always has a few girls during the day.

Shamas O'Dognasty

Member #1210
11-06-06, 00:15
[QUOTE=Robarts]Hi, all,
On the advice of a girl I met at Shanghi Bar I move to Superstar Hotel. To get there you walk out of Flamingo, turn left down the street and walk for about 5-6 minutes. Although this may seem a hike to some you can get a moto if you can't be bother walking for 2000 Reil. Very similar rooms to Flamingo but at only $10 it is a bargin especially when you check out hotels in the $10-20 price range.

Thanks for the great report, rellay enjoyed it.

I am thinking of going to PP after reading your post. Would you happend to have a hotel business card- or a tel#? Could you post it here please.

Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Matt Navan Man
11-07-06, 00:24
[QUOTE=Robarts]
I am thinking of going to PP after reading your post. Would you happend to have a hotel business card- or a tel#? Could you post it here please.

Cambodian Yellow Pages. Pretty covers anything you need to know.

http://www.yellowpages-cambodia.com/travel-and-tourism/hotels/super-star-hotel-17280.html

GWillie
11-07-06, 00:42
I read on another board that the Superstar Hotel locks the door around 11:00pm. Did you have any trouble getting in when coming back late?

Bold Focker
11-11-06, 02:09
I am going to PP on 22/11/06. i have 5 night booked at Flamingos, but super stars sounds good.
Is it girl friendly?
As previouly ask safe in room or reception?
does it have a Lift? (this heat and stairs!)
does it have a bar & Restaurant? (Non-Smoking would be good)
does it have internet? (wi-fi like flamingos would be good)

BF

Bold Focker
11-12-06, 13:58
well i emailed superstars for this info results for other members;

No wi-fi or internet connection in room
They do have restaurant and it is Non-smoking!
Safe is at reception!
Cost was $15 per night including airport pickup!

Shamas
11-13-06, 22:00
I'm staying at the Hotel Cara. All in all a good value and a good place to stay. It has 3 PCs open for free guest usage, the place is very clean and quite nice.

The restaurant is good, I see lots of ranking Khmer military earing in there every day.

I did some shopping yesterday and rode around with a Tuk Tuk driver. I had forgotten just how crazy the driving was, I'll pray today before we head out.

I ate at the Green Vespa last night, good place, good food, good girls, good it is.

I hit Sophies just after they had opened, they treated me like a Leper, poor attitudes, not a smile in the place, AMF time, the A is for Adios, we can all figure out the MF part. I doubt I'll ever go back.

My tuk tuk driver took me to "his"place. We headed up river on the river front road, got to the commercial zone and started to see prices in the 1000 to 5000 R range. The providers were also in the same range, No Way, we departed. I spied a lovely young girl walking, we chatted,she wanted $5 for a quickie but I passed her up. We swung by the Dingo and BaBarDos, both were open and for some reason I decided to press on. We ended up at the Sukura Hotel/MP. Dude at the desk invited me to run up the steps to the fish bowl. I invited him to open the freaking doors to elevator so I could ride up. The fish bowl wasn't world class but it had some nice looking girls. I asked which ones gave the best massege, the dude started to reel off all of the girls numbers. I chose 88, she's a petite cutie and turned out to be a real good provider. $10 basic price, she got down are rubbed and rubbed and rubbed. Had to talk a wee bit to get her to strip down, realllllly nice trim and firm body. Yo hot girl. She did a bbbj that was quite good and then went back to rubbing more and more. I tipped her $10 for a total of 2hrs.

I B Happy.

Shamas O'Dognasty

Benny09
11-14-06, 06:58
Shamas,thanks for the info.Can't understand the deal you got at Sophies.Those girls are ususlly "over the top" with there service.There may have been another reason for this.Maybe Mother cut the commissions again.Hope you have better luck tonight.

Shamas
11-21-06, 06:37
As far as how I was treated at Sophies, I understand now, my tuk tuk driver went up stairs, they don't like him as he tries to shake the place down for a kick back. All is well with Sophies now.

I just have a few minutes so I'll make this short and sweet. Phonm Penh was lots of fun, met up with intermet amigos who really made my day. I went to Siem Reap and did the cultural thing which was well worth it.

Anijo Joline (big lips, big tits, has Brad Pitt for a husband), she got to Siem Reap just after I did. She spits but also likes to bark like a greek dog. Brad is a peak freak who enjoys anal door knob activities. I made him open the door when I left.

I make some longer reports, I'm tired and run down, I just settled in my hotel in Pattaya (Dynesty Inn soi 13). The heat is On.

Shamas O'Dognasty

Stew2
11-21-06, 07:04
As far as how I was treated at Sophies, I understand now, my tuk tuk driver went up stairs, they don't like him as he tries to shake the place down for a kick back. All is well with Sophies now.

Shamas O'Dognasty

Thanks for clarifying. Though Sophie'sis not a classy place by any means, and certainly isn't to everyone's taste, I was disappointed to see your original post. My experiences at Sophie's were quite different - it was by far one of the most fun places to experience in all of the countries I have visited. Hate to see it get an undeserved reputation that would prevent some others from enjoying walking into a place where a group of lovely young ladies surrounds you to give you samples of their BJs...

I guess we can derive a good tip for others from your experience: leave your tuk tuk driver at the curb!

Muleface
11-21-06, 13:53
Any tips for a 1st timer regarding PP mongering etiquette? Pay before or after? How short is ST, anyway? Is it hard to get FK?

Thanks in advance

Dinghy
11-21-06, 21:21
Jordy just read the forum. The more recent posts even answer some of oyur questions. (I'm being nice - usually I say RTFF) Learn to use the search function. Just to save you some trouble - ST (like in Mikado or Cyrcee) costs about $12 or so and is 1 hour or so, maybe a bit longer.

Shamas
11-22-06, 07:15
Thanks for clarifying. Though Sophie'sis not a classy place by any means, and certainly isn't to everyone's taste, I was disappointed to see your original post. My experiences at Sophie's were quite different - it was by far one of the most fun places to experience in all of the countries I have visited. Hate to see it get an undeserved reputation that would prevent some others from enjoying walking into a place where a group of lovely young ladies surrounds you to give you samples of their BJs...

I guess we can derive a good tip for others from your experience: leave your tuk tuk driver at the curb!

As I learned, always tell the driver to stay outside. I found out when I had him stay out the prices went down. Most of them try to get a small kick back which will come from US, not the local vendor.

Shamas O'Dognasty

Romeo Blue
11-26-06, 06:25
I met a girl here at the riverfront and she sell books to foreigners. Her name was lin and she offered me to come with me to my hotel! Does anybody know something about this girls? Are they really go with guys?

I am just wondering because she seems to be pretty young and maybe she try to rip of the people.

Phuket
11-26-06, 09:38
I met a girl here at the riverfront and she sell books to foreigners. her name was lin and she offered me to come with me to my hotel! does anybody know something about this girls? Are they really go with guys?

I am just wondering because she seems to be pretty young and maybe she try to rip of the people.I know this girl Lin but only as one of the many who sells books and cards anolg that riverfront. Make no mistake. She is a child around 14 years old.

Rising Son
11-27-06, 05:35
First, off, or course, no one should go with a 14-year-old. I assume that goes without saying.

Second there's been a lot of speculation lately that three or four of these girls are working on behalf of NGOs and the objective is to put your ass in jail if you take one of them. This may sound like paranoia, but it's being talked about at some length here, and I think it might be suicide to even attempt it.

Not to mention -- if I didn't already say this -- she's too young.

Rising Son

Shamas
11-27-06, 07:11
First, off, or course, no one should go with a 14-year-old. I assume that goes without saying.

Second there's been a lot of speculation lately that three or four of these girls are working on behalf of NGOs and the objective is to put your ass in jail if you take one of them. This may sound like paranoia, but it's being talked about at some length here, and I think it might be suicide to even attempt it.

Not to mention -- if I didn't already say this -- she's too young.

Rising SonAs Rising Son says, the NGOs are not above setting someone up. It helps them aquire more funding and it supports their moralistic beliefs.

If there is ANY question about the age of a girl, pass her up, there are too many legal ones to take a chance on getting busted. If you are a US citizen and get busted and the Embassey finds out, you will be sent back to the US, arrested and tried under the new law that prohibits P4P with anyone under the age of 18. You will od time in a US prison and you will lose you passport.

Shamas O'Dognasty

Azn Playa
11-27-06, 11:59

Or better still, if you are going to Sophies, forget the driver and turn up on foot!

Many mongering hotspots are reachable on foot from either Sisowath Quay or several favourite hotels (eg Flamingos)

Cam Bodia
11-30-06, 02:45
my wife and I were in p/p in September

Martinis is a great bar to have a drink and plenty girls around but as we didn't want to take a girl back to hotel and they don't have short time rooms we drank and left, our driver then took us to sophies first appearances very drab but don't be put of we went up stairs knocked and gained entry, small bar area couple of sofas and a few bar stools,

We sat down ordered a couple of drinks then the girls started giving me sample blow jobs 3$ each and my wife was very happy having her pussy licked one girl after another again 3$ each,

We picked a couple of girls took them to a private room I got BBBJ of both and f/s including anal with one, both licked wife to full orgasm total bill including 2 drinks 24$ needless to say we became regulars over the next couple of days.

We also went to cyrcee some very beautiful girls there over several nights we took various girls up to short time rooms and neither of us were dissapointed, more of a g/f feeling than sophies the girls charged 10$ each which compared to Thailand is fantastic value, and none of them seemed to have any reservations about girl on girl action,

Overall we loved p/p so much we are going back 04/12 for another stay,

While in cambodia we also went to sihanoukville, I would find it very hard to recommend anybody to go, chicken farm by docks is an absolute shithole and bibas is mainly for locals we didn't feel comfortable at all,

Even up on the hill the selection of girls was so poor we didn't bother,

Snake pit is a great looking bar but no atmosphere 2 bored go go dancers on bar, we had intended to stay a week in snooky but left after 2 days and returned to p/p.

Azn Playa
11-30-06, 13:59
my wife and I were in p/p in September

Martinis is a great bar to have a drink and plenty girls around but as we didn't want to take a girl back to hotel and they don't have short time rooms we drank and left, our driver then took us to sophies first appearances very drab but don't be put of we went up stairs knocked and gained entry, small bar area couple of sofas and a few bar stools,

We sat down ordered a couple of drinks then the girls started giving me sample blow jobs 3$ each and my wife was very happy having her pussy licked one girl after another again 3$ each,

We picked a couple of girls took them to a private room I got BBBJ of both and f/s including anal with one, both licked wife to full orgasm total bill including 2 drinks 24$ needless to say we became regulars over the next couple of days.

We also went to cyrcee some very beautiful girls there over several nights we took various girls up to short time rooms and neither of us were dissapointed, more of a g/f feeling than sophies the girls charged 10$ each which compared to Thailand is fantastic value, and none of them seemed to have any reservations about girl on girl action,

Overall we loved p/p so much we are going back 04/12 for another stay,

While in cambodia we also went to sihanoukville, I would find it very hard to recommend anybody to go, chicken farm by docks is an absolute shithole and bibas is mainly for locals we didn't feel comfortable at all,

Snake pit is a great looking bar but no atmosphere 2 bored go go dancers on bar, we had intended to stay a week in snooky but left after 2 days and returned to p/p.

Now this is a new style of report that you dont see often!!
Great to hear you and your wife enjoy mongering together.
You seem to know your way around Asian locations well, its surprising that this is your first report on ISG.

I have a couple of questions which I hope you can answer. Firstly does your wife have Asian or Western heritage? (Or elsewhere?)

The reason I am asking is because I have often thought about bringing a girl around with me to some mongering hotspots. Your wife seemed to have been received very well by many of the girls so having a little more information would educate all of us some more (not trying to pry, eg. you dont have to mention which country her or you come from... just some very general info). Would be interesting to consider if she was Asian (or not, whatever the case may be).

Another thing you mention is the sample BJs from Sophies costing $3. Was this per girl or for all the samples? A sample should cost $1 per girl and I hope they aren't trying to raise their prices to a severely inflated level in the short time that I have been away (as a BJ to completion should be $5).

Anyway, very enjoyable read, hope you will post more in the near future!

Sammon
11-30-06, 14:11
I bet his wife has western heritage. Asian women are not much into strangers licking their pussy.

MisterMax808
12-01-06, 09:58
I got to say that I've now read every report in this section. All 300+ and I really miss reading Guy #2 & CAmbodia Pro. Two of the funniest nuts that I have enjoyed reading!

Will anyone be in PP in mid January?

Erik
12-01-06, 14:35
Interesting to read about a gogo bar in Sohanoukville. I have not seen a gogo bar in this country since 10 years or so. Or did I miss something ?

MisterMax808
12-01-06, 17:38
I have read and enjoyed nearly everything here, but must say that I enjoyed Cambodia Pro & Guy #2 stories the best!

Phantomtiger2
12-01-06, 19:16
Interesting to read about a gogo bar in Sohanoukville. I have not seen a gogo bar in this country since 10 years or so. Or did I miss something ?

Correct. As I just left Snooky.
Snake Pit bar (up in the hill)is sort of a go-go bar (if you wish to call it that) but just to clarify that although the 2-3 gals that dance around a pole over the bar, they DO NOT get undressed/naked. They will still have their tops on with minipants or skirts on when dancing. Also suppose to have some sort of water show in the pool but never happened during the 2x I was there. Funny as I ask one of the dancers when was the water/pool show and she said cant even swim?
If you want to see more flesh from them, then you need to hire them out overnite.

PT

Phantomtiger2
12-01-06, 19:24

Just left Snooky and I certainly have a different view as I traveled alone. Snooky wasnt bad at all and many places offered FS (if you knew where to look--or simple ask any motodop to take you--at an added commission to him of course) but only drawback were the rooms giving FS--many were shacks or dirty primitive places and not true rooms like in PP. I can understand if travelling with a wifey that a nice image and accomodations (having a nice bed, clean nice room etc.) are more essential but being a single male and just being there for the bonks--no matter how primitive the surroundings, I didnt mind Snooky at all. Also, the beach was a major plus--clean and warm water. Cant get all these combinations at home (sun/surf during day and bonking in the evening and drinking at nite)--what more can a beach bum like me ask for right. These were just my thoughts--IMO.
I'll try to detail more when I have time after getting home. Having a great time now so cant post much. Note: Will redirect these post to the other thread as this is mainly for PP post.

PT

Ipohdog
12-03-06, 10:58
I'm going to PP & SR soon. I will be doing mongering but can not take back to the room as I will have a room mate.

From all the posts I've read the best places for ST that have rooms are:

Sophies
Cyrcee
Mikado

And of course the MP's. I don't mind paying a little extra for quality. Based on this, what would you recommend as the highest standard for a ST bar (with rooms) or MP?

Comments please.

And thanks for all you FR's.

Bow Wow.

Denom
12-07-06, 13:44
I am glad I found this forum. Used to read WSA but this one is better organized as it has only one thread by main town – and is free on top of that or at a very reasonable rate.

I am going to Cambodia and read all the posts (or reports as it seems to be called here) of the last two months. Have a few questions:

HOTEL
During my visit in PP six years ago, I stayed at the Walkabout for something like $6. Is this option still available? Seems not. Seems to be just a bar now. Any other cheap guest house? Flamingo at $20 seems a bit expensive, or the prices have gone way up? What to expect now?

SECURITY
Six years ago motorbike gun-point attacks were a routine. Is the situation better now?

VITAMIN V
Are they selling the real thing, whatever the name? There are a lot of fakes around.

WIFI
Would like to find a cheap guesthouse with WIFI in room, if that’s possible. Heard Flamingo has WIFI but, as said, rooms seem a bit pricey.

DRIVER
Six years ago was good to have a driver – translation from English and take you to off beaten tracks. What about now? Any recommendations?

SCAMS AND CONS
What kind of scams of scams or cons should I be aware of nowadays?

K11
Still exists?

Sorry for the many questions.

Denom

Phantomtiger2
12-07-06, 20:27
I'm going to PP & SR soon. I will be doing mongering but can not take back to the room as I will have a room mate.

From all the posts I've read the best places for ST that have rooms are:

Sophies
Cyrcee
Mikado

And of course the MP's. I don't mind paying a little extra for quality. Based on this, what would you recommend as the highest standard for a ST bar (with rooms) or MP?

Comments please.

And thanks for all you FR's.

Bow Wow.

The best ST experience (both room +the gal) would be LeCyree, followed by Mikado and then Sophies (I think some would argue that Sophies may offer the best service but since your direct question also ask about the ST rooms=Sophie rms suck compare to the other 2 I had mentioned.

PT

Phantomtiger2
12-07-06, 20:34
I am glad I found this forum. Used to read WSA but this one is better organized as it has only one thread by main town – and is free on top of that or at a very reasonable rate.

I am going to Cambodia and read all the posts (or reports as it seems to be called here) of the last two months. Have a few questions:

HOTEL
During my visit in PP six years ago, I stayed at the Walkabout for something like $6. Is this option still available? Seems not. Seems to be just a bar now. Any other cheap guest house? Flamingo at $20 seems a bit expensive, or the prices have gone way up? What to expect now?

SECURITY
Six years ago motorbike gun-point attacks were a routine. Is the situation better now?

VITAMIN V
Are they selling the real thing, whatever the name? There are a lot of fakes around.

WIFI
Would like to find a cheap guesthouse with WIFI in room, if that’s possible. Heard Flamingo has WIFI but, as said, rooms seem a bit pricey.

DRIVER
Six years ago was good to have a driver – translation from English and take you to off beaten tracks. What about now? Any recommendations?

SCAMS AND CONS

K11
Still exists?

Denom

Walkabout can still be had for about $6-7/day when I was there recently (end of Nov)

Security= didnt get the impression that armed bandits were lurking everywhere. Stick to the main areas we foreigners go and you should be fine. There are troubled areas in PP that should be avoided at nite but its not near any of the known tourist sites. If you are unsure of any areas you want to visit- best to ask 1st.

Vit V= I dont need it so never looked for this, but from what I understand, its the foreign generic brands --buy them at all the local pharmacies around the market area.

WIFI= good luck finding this at a cheap guesthouse, may need to pay a bit more for better places if you need this

Drivers=just go to Flamingos or perhaps Walkabouts and ask the drivers hanging out there as they often speak some english. Forget about flagging a motodop on the street as I'v never found even one that fully understood me.

k-11= closed about 3 years ago and never reopened.

PT

Gohan39
12-08-06, 12:45
wifi,

would like to find a cheap guesthouse with wifi in room, if that’s possible. heard flamingo has wifi but, as said, rooms seem a bit pricey.

denomtony's bar and guesthouse has $10 and up rooms similar to walkabout, they
are dark and dingy.

http://www.elephantguide.com/tonysbar/

the wifi is available but is not free, pic is the company that sells it and $10
will get you 6 hours that will expire in about 6 months i think if you don't finish
the time.

the internet wasn't really fast but decent speed so the best option i think if
you have your own pc with you.

http://www.online.com.kh/info/hs-loc.shtml

i was going to change hotels until i realised the internet was not free, the
hotel/bar is just a hotspot like the other places listed at rhe above link.

good luck

Phantomtiger2
12-08-06, 23:27
SCAMS AND CONS

Denom

Didn't mean to leave the scams out but just dont have the time to give full details on all I saw. The major scam mostly involves cheap sex at the St 63 locations. I went to do recon there (and may post results as I find time) and all I can say is AVOID St 63 brothels as all the ones I survey (5 in total) were scams and crooks. Go anywhere but here.

Also take a little time and look back at some of the post here and other threads about Cambo and will give you a better insight on PP.

PT

MisterMax808
12-09-06, 03:10
Can you share some of the Scams on 63rd Street?

Denom
12-09-06, 05:13
Phantomtiger2 and Gohan39 thanks for the tips.

Tony's bar seems like exactly what I am looking for. Even though not free it's available in a budget guesthouse and that's great.

I did go on street 63 back in 2000 and it was rather convenient: large choice of girls, $5 room included. Fast and easy. What should I be worried about over there?

Thanks again,

Denom

Mangga
12-09-06, 10:21
Hey you guys who go to Sophies! Don't abbreviate your reports just because you think it's been told before. I LOVE to read about the girlies sucking off the customers as they drink a beer. Give us all the details. I'm just working out how I can get to PP as soon as possible...

Denom
12-09-06, 17:44
I tried to contact Sovaan driver but the email bounced. Any other recommendations?

Buko Max
12-09-06, 20:46
I tried to contact Sovaan driver but the email bounced. Any other recommendations?
He is a member of this forum, try to PM him.

MisterMax808
12-10-06, 02:49
Recently, I contacted a few drivers. Moto & car. But all of them seem to be pricing their fares a bit high. $20 to $25 per evening. Am I being scammed?

Sporty
12-10-06, 11:46
I know someone who is also a good taxi driver in Phnom Penh who has a modern taxi service. His name is Sam and he can be contacted at 012556476. He has a web page www.phnompenhtaxi.biz where you can see his rates. He has a new taxi to the one in the picture is older that the one he currently drives.

Gohan39
12-10-06, 16:28
i did go on street 63 back in 2000 and it was rather convenient: large choice of girls, $5 room included. fast and easy. what should i be worried about over there?

denom4 viet houses concentrated by the navy club. while you are in the room the girl will insist on massaging you and while you are distracted someone will attempt to quietly open the door and steal your valuables.

this happened to me this on my last two visits, so i am an idiot for returning
to this area but i am alert to this "scam" so it's a bit of a sport too.

if you like any of the girls then put all your stuff away from the door and
position you and the girl on the bed so you have a view of the door.

btw, it's very likely someone is looking through a peephole too in order to
determine when to enter the room.

these houses are $10, theyn want $15 if you arrive with a driver.

the navy club charges $15, it's actually filthier than the 4 houses i mentioned but i never had a problem with the attempted stealing.

Fast Eddie 48
12-11-06, 07:30
Recently, I contacted a few drivers. Moto & car. But all of them seem to be pricing their fares a bit high. $20 to $25 per evening. Am I being scammed?To mistermax 808,

Going rate is usd $25 for a driver and car for all day and $5.00 for motor bike and driver.

Fast eddie 48

Member #4530
12-11-06, 08:13
Last trip October 06 I booked Chhoeun Sovann at $20 / day for in-town use. Gave him a good tip at the end of the week though.

http://www.phnompenhdriver.com

waffles

Run Mann
12-11-06, 12:57
I also have used Sovann in the past and he was very reliable, highly recommend him.

Last trip October 06 I booked Chhoeun Sovann at $20 / day for in-town use. Gave him a good tip at the end of the week though.

http://www.phnompenhdriver.com

waffles

MisterMax808
12-11-06, 17:37
Mr. Sovann's prices appear higher now on his website. Are you saying that he is willing to lower his prices to $20 per day?

Prince Harry
12-11-06, 18:56
Hey you guys who go to Sophies! Don't abbreviate your reports just because you think it's been told before. I LOVE to read about the girlies sucking off the customers as they drink a beer. Give us all the details. I'm just working out how I can get to PP as soon as possible...

I have been in PP for a few nights and stll haven't been to sophies,I am waiting until my mates arrive.
But i can report that others have been every night and it is still a great gig.
My personal favourite was mikado but is now le cyrcee-they are within 50 metres of each other on street 49.Mikado has great short time rooms,mirrors,flashing lights and japanese porn on the TV....
But le cyrcee has a LOT of spunky girls who are just dying to take you upstairs and fuck you stupid.
Many girls promise that they will do EVERYTHING for you for 15 bucks all up.
All in all PP is a great laid back destination.

Phantomtiger2
12-11-06, 19:58
Can you share some of the Scams on 63rd Street?

To Denom and MisterMax.
And For all those that are tracking my posts, Sorry as I'm just leaving Cambodia now and will return home for the Holidays, I have alot of work to catch up with when I get back and some shopping to do so as I said earlier--I truly dont have the time to really post details right now. I will try to find some time for all this after the Holidays when I'm all caught up.
So Happy Holidays all.

PT

Prince Harry
12-12-06, 06:46

HOTEL

SECURITY

VITAMIN V

WIFI

DRIVER

SCAMS AND CONS

K11
Still exists?

Denom

Good drugs available from pharmacies,many around central market.
Walkabout cheap but dingy,heaps of viet freelancers and some nice khmers.
Flamingo beautiful hotel,quiet,safe and free wi fi,I am writing this lying on the bed at the moment-for $20 it is great value.
Also location,location,location-short(20 metre stagger) to shanghai,75 metre stagger from walkabout and howies and the heart.
Ten minute walk from le cyrcee and mikado.
PP seems safe,although taking a girl to your room can result in tears-cellphone,wallet etc very vulnerable.
Drivers include sovann and ben wee and one can hire a camry for $20 from flamingo.

Member #4530
12-12-06, 13:27
MisterMax808,

Sorry - looks like C Sovann raised his prices too. I last looked at his website a few weeks ago and it was $20.

Waffles

Mr. Sovann's prices appear higher now on his website. Are you saying that he is willing to lower his prices to $20 per day?

MisterMax808
12-12-06, 17:38
Car prices in PP. I emailed a few of the car drivers listed here and asked them if they were willing to accept $20 per day or $10 per 1/2 day. All of them refused citing the higher gas prices these days. Can that really be true since I plan only to visit bars around town and they will be more likely parking their cars rather than driving me around? I also understand that some of the car drivers are now taking their clients to places that charge more rather than less? I guess many have become a bit more entrepreneurial. Money corrupts.

Phantomtiger2
12-12-06, 19:13
4 viet houses concentrated by the Navy club. While you are in the room the girl will insist on massaging you and while you are distracted someone will attempt to quietly open the door and steal your valuables.

This happened to me this on my last two visits, so I am an idiot for returning
to this area but I am alert to this "scam" so it's a bit of a sport too.

This is just an opinion on my part just having return from PP.
1)I don't believe you should give any further business to any places that are known to cheat and steal from mongers.
2)Any further money given to them will result in their able to keep their business open and thereby cheating others
3)I always believe its always best to identify and post all places that cheat/steal from mongers as to avoid giving them any further business and forcing them to close. (leaving only the honest ones --if any are left on St 63) for us to support. So, support the honest ones and starve the bad ones.
4)If you are into this as a "sport", then perhaps its best to recon St 63 and post the scammers. I think its more "sporty" and adventurous and challeging to find new places that may or may not cheat you than to return to a place knowing exactly what they will do already.

Bottom line:
These places should be put OUT of business, not to encourage repeat business.----IMO.

PT

Gohan39
12-12-06, 23:14
This is just an opinion on my part just having return from PP.

1) I don't believe you should give any further business to any places that are known to cheat and steal from mongers.

2) Any further money given to them will result in their able to keep their business open and thereby cheating others

3) I always believe its always best to identify and post all places that cheat/steal from mongers as to avoid giving them any further business and forcing them to close. (leaving only the honest ones --if any are left on St 63) for us to support. So, support the honest ones and starve the bad ones.

4) If you are into this as a "sport", then perhaps its best to recon St 63 and post the scammers. I think its more "sporty" and adventurous and challeging to find new places that may or may not cheat you than to return to a place knowing exactly what they will do already.

Bottom line:

These places should be put OUT of business, not to encourage repeat business.----IMO.

PTOkay, you've made some valid points that I will consider whenever my next trip to Cambo is.

I Knew from reading reports from this site and others that this activity (stealing) may occur so I only carried about $15 whenever I went and always saw "them" before they got my money. So that would possibly explain why I would return to this area (although I was in a different house than my last trip 10 months ago.)

I go in these places usually once a trip and have a look, if I see one I like I go upstairs with her, otherwise I wouldn't be in the rooms. After all I'm only in this town/country for the women and the low cost of everything.

The "sport" comment wasn't really an appropriate statement to make so, no this isn't something I would do just to see if I could catch someone trying to rob me.

Thanks for the feedback, and I will assume these are the scams you were referring to in your earlier post.

Artisto Art
12-13-06, 00:49
Went to Rue 63 yestreday (besides all that has been written) to check it out. Only few places open. Went with taxi driver. Went into 2 places with mostly cold shoulder treatment. Barely any eye contact, girls looking at ground etc...Left quickly.

Wasn't really that thrilled with Sophies ither. Ended up at La Cycree and girls were very friendly.

Later that nite ended up at bar diaganol to Walkabout ( Shanghia, not sure of name ) and met a sweetheart, unhardrened one.

Heart if Darkness was dead. Hooters girls were friendly. Walkabout pretty quite as compared to other times. It was around midnite... Not that many 'lookers'.

PM if anyone wants to meet up

Cheers

Azn Playa
12-13-06, 14:07
Went to Rue 63 yestreday (besides all that has been written) to check it out. Only few places open. Went with taxi driver. Went into 2 places with mostly cold shoulder treatment. Barely any eye contact, girls looking at ground etc...Left quickly.

Wasn't really that thrilled with Sophies ither. Ended up at La Cycree and girls were very friendly.

Later that nite ended up at bar diaganol to Walkabout ( Shanghia, not sure of name ) and met a sweetheart, unhardrened one.

Heart if Darkness was dead. Hooters girls were friendly. Walkabout pretty quite as compared to other times. It was around midnite... Not that many 'lookers'.

Did you get the 'cold shoulder' from the hookers or the mamasans?
If it was the girls then perhaps they were trying to give you a signal.

I have avoided St 63 because of the notorious scams that run there.
If there is any possibility there are some houses that offer decent service then I might head down with a friend to check it out next week. but im not holding my breath!

Yes, Shanghai is the bar you probably went to - across from Flamingos Hotel.
Big selection of girls, but there is no guarantee they will leave with you. If you like one and she is into you then for a $5 barfine she can be yours. Although you need to spend some money in there first or you could face a $10 barfine to take the girl. Almost all girls are khmer. Many of them are probably more than happy to stay in the bar and drink LDs and get you drunk though.

Heart of Darkness rarely gets going before midnight, so you might have been there too early. Girls that dont get picked up in other bars (or have only been for a ST) can often end up there or Walkabout. Walkabout is certainly hit or miss, with a big emphasis on the 'miss' part. So many girls that resemble crack *****s that you would need to be very drunk in order to feel safe going with them. You can come across a diamond in the rough and I have several times in the past, so it is still worth a quick beer to have a look. You might have to wait until 3am or later though.

After you have been to some more bars this week (away from Street 51) please make another report! eg Martinis, Sharkys, Rose bar etc...

Solis
12-13-06, 14:22
Hi guys,

I'm gona visit Phnom Penh for my vacation.

Can any one recommend decend cheap hotel near to town area?

Phantomtiger2
12-13-06, 20:16
Okay, you've made some valid points that I will consider whenever my next trip to Cambo is.

This happened to me this on my last two visits, so I am an idiot for returning
to this area but I am alert to this "scam" so it's a bit of a sport too.

Thanks for the feedback, and I will assume these are the scams you were referring to in your earlier post.

More or less,
Note: the "sport" comment I made was just a reply to your own earlier comment( check your original posting).
I will try to post more details as how scams work when time is available after the Holidays.

Bottom line is this:
For the advance monger that knows all the places on St63 and knows the honest places from the scammers then its ok for repeat visits and support them with your business.
For ALL the newbies that dont know what this is all about and never been to ST63 brothels before, it will be best if you avoid this area altogether as the odds of you getting ripped off and losing something valuable is very high.
(note: when I was there, I had a beer one nite with a newbie at a bar that said he not only had money stolen but his digital camera and cell phone were also gone---so beware of places on St63.)

This has been a public announcement in your best interest. Ignore it at your own risk.

Happy Holidays.

PT

Troposcat
12-13-06, 20:51
Ok I know I should have posted before now but better late than never. I went to Phnom Penh in March of 06. I stayed at DV8 for three days $25 a night. I got to the hotel at about 9 PM on a Saturday night there were lots of girls and only one other man in the bar. After getting my bags to the room, I went back to the bar I wasn't use to the humidity so I was sweating a bit but the girls were sweet and started wiping me down with a wet wash cloth. I asked how much the lady drinks were and was told $2. 00, I think, what ever it was it wasn't much so I bought all the ladies a drink. The other man left at that point and I had women all over me.

I had gone to DV8s web page before I came to Cambodia and contacted them by email that I would be coming. On there web page there was a picture of one girl that I thought was very good looking. I tried finding her picture on there web site again but couldn't locate it but in the picture she was wearing a red dress. She is in the picture on there web sight she is the 5th girl from left to right. The 3rd girl in the picture is very friendly and speaks very good English. After sitting a minute drinking my drink and bathing in the warmth of all the girls trying to massage me I realized that she was sitting right next to me wearing the same red dress. Several of them went upstairs with me and we played billiards and drank. At about 11 PM I took my girl in the red dress to the room that night. In the morning she was a little sad because she thought I didn't like her because I didn't want her to stay. I knew she wasn't the one I was looking for because Cambodian girls don't yum yum and she didn't speak any English. At about 10: 30 PM the game was on. I went to walk about and picked a very pretty Cambodian girl and took her to my room she was ok but she was just part of the plan. I over paid her and took her to the market and bought her some perfume and some lotion and let her see a couple of bills in my wallet as I was paying. When I saw her looking I told her not to tell anybody I had any money. Like that was going to happen. Hahaha Then back to Walkabout. As we walked in the door she started talking to her friends and I knew what she was telling them. They were coming out of the wood work trying to talk to me. I was turning them down left and right. Then the last one was a Vietnamese girl who didn't even try to get me to take her or buy her a drink. As I started talking to her I could tell she could be very pretty if she wasn't so worried about someone judging her about her teeth. I found out later she lost some on the bottom right in moto accident about a month before. She had worry lines on her forehead. Life had beaten her down. This was the one. I asked her to go with me and she was surprised and asked why her after I turned down all the others. I told her because I was looking for you. Smooth, well I thought so. Before taking her to the room I made sure she would do everything I wanted, yum yum swallow. She didn't look happy about swallow but said she would. After sampling her and making sure I got what I was asking for I asked her if she would stay with me and go to the beach with me. She said she needed money for her mother while she was gone. So I gave her $40 to take to her mother. I figured it was worth the risk and I was fairly certain she would be back. I was right she came back in about an hour. That's when she told me to undress and got my shaving cream and my razor and started to shave my genitals, then finished with another blow job. We spent the next couple of days together in the hotel. During this time I bought her a couple pairs of shoes $7 and I bought her some ear rings $25 her hands were shaking and a tear was coming down her cheek as she put them in her ears right in the market. I also scolded her every time she tried to hide her teeth when I made her smile. Then we took a bus $7 to Sihanoukville and stayed in a nice hotel in victory beach for $15 a night $16 Friday and Saturday. While there I took her to get her hair done, she was turning into a real beauty. Now the real test. We went to the bars. I started getting full on double bourbon and coke when I saw this beautiful Cambodian girl sitting in the bar across the way. I snuck away and started talking to the Cambodian girl after while, like I expected, she found me. I had drink money in one pocket and 3 $20s in the other. She knew what pocket was what and started pulling the $20s out of my pocket and asked me "long time short time? " I said long time I guess. She handed me $20 and said only $20 and left. After a little while she was standing outside the bar waving me to come outside. She told me "hotel on corner $4 all night I pay already I take this (waving the money) to hotel. I had a great time with the Cambodian girl and went back to my hotel in the morning. When I open the door she was glad to see me, hugged my neck kissed me and drew me a bath. She got in the tub with me and bathed me. Afterwards she got me on the bed and started sucking me. I asked what she was doing and with a serous look she said "make sure she do good job". Then when I came, she looked at me with a big smile and my cock in her hand and said "See, no good job" We stayed nine days and went back to Phnom Penh.

We stayed at the Asia Hotel $20 a night. The first night back she didn't want to but I took her back to the Walkabout and told her what to expect. When we got there all the girls were asking her to borrow money and you could tell she was a different girl. No worry lines and a self confidence she didn't have before. When she laughed she had completely forgotten about covering her mouth and wasn't ashamed of her teeth any more. The girls all treated her with respect. The next night at about 8 Pm we are laying in the bed after some great sex she ask me "You go out? " I said yes. I think she needed a break? She said ok I stay here see you when you get back. I had always wanted to go to Sophies. When I found it, it wasn't open but there were a few girls out front so I took three of them to a hotel. One I had to ask her age. They kept telling me she was 21 but she looked young. I was kind of nervous but they assured me she was 21. One was 24 the other was 27 she had a great mouth. Did the same the next night I went to Sophie's a little later in the evening and got the whole Sophie's experience and took 4 to a room. The next night I went to Sharkey's and met a knockout 19 year old Vietnamese girl and took her for a short time. Now this girl was a performer she kept tapping me on the shoulder to make sure I was looking in the right mirror. She wanted me to keep her long time but I had a girl at the hotel. Oh and while we were having sex she said "you no bring camera" I'm still kicking my self for not having a camera with me. As we were leaving I looked across the street from the hotel and there was Cyrcee. So I had to take a look after reading this forum. I walk in and there are twelve very friendly girls. Again I buy them all a lady drink $24. Again they were all over me. That's a great feeling. The bar tender, I think owner, ask me if I want to take some of them to a room. I said yes pick five for me. I get up to the room and sample each one as they come back from the shower they were coming in the room faster than I could get ten good pumps then on to the next one. On about the fourth one I had to stop and tell all the girls she had some good pussy. Hahaha. Then I got to counting and there were six in the room. I said what the hell. So after sampling them all I finished with my left hand in ones pussy as she was standing, I was sucking on two nipples each from two different girls one was sucking me while one was licking my balls and one was dancing rubbing herself and sucking my toes. This cost me $10 each and I tipped them all $5. So $90 for six women. Somebody tell me were can you get that anywhere else in the world. That night I started feeling like I was coming down with a fever. By the next morning I was sick as a dog. I couldn't get out of bed, I was freezing but sweat was poring out of me. I think some bad food but my little girl took good care of me. She went got me some medicine and made me eat and kept me drinking fluids. I had to get better because my vacation was over and I had to fly out the next day. I really had a great time for my first time in Cambodia. 21 women in 14 days. I know I left some out but I mention the very best. Hahaha. All were good and good looking and is there such a thing as bad pussy when you have been without for six months. Sorry no pictures I have some of the girl I stayed with but can't find them. I'll post them if I can find them.

I'll be back in March of 07.

MisterMax808
12-13-06, 23:16
I am a newbie who will be visiting PP in about 4 weeks. Is it possible to describe which are the honest places on 63rd St? Do they have signs or #s on shops to identify them? . Thanks! . Ps. Anyone there in PP around that time? (January 15th)

Phantomtiger2
12-14-06, 01:40
I am a newbie who will be visiting PP in about 4 weeks. Is it possible to describe which are the honest places on 63rd St? Do they have signs or #s on shops to identify them? . Thanks! . Ps. Anyone there in PP around that time? (January 15th)

If you read my post --just 3 post below this one, then you should know to avoid this area if you are new. Odds are against you having a fair time here. I did a trial and error=recon mission here , checking 5 houses and ALL were rip offs--no need to go back there after that.
It is no bargain here anyway by going as they jack up prices for non-Khmers so suggest you stick with the well known mongering places only. Better time and better money spent without worries.

PT

Sporty
12-14-06, 02:02
The going daily rate for a car is $25 and this is fair considering many customers will end up taking trip outside of the city as part of the fee and fuel certainly has gone up in the last year.

If you are sure that you are only going out for the evening then make this clear when you email the taxi driver. I'm sure an evening should be around $15.

Mr Sam 012556476 www.phnompenhtaxi.biz

Sporty
12-14-06, 02:15
The going daily rate for a car is $25 and this is fair considering many customers will end up taking trip outside of the city as part of the fee and fuel certainly has gone up in the last year

If you are sure that you are only going out for the evening then make this clear when u email the taxi driver. I'm sure an evening should be around $15.

Mr Sam 012556476 www.phnompenhtaxi.biz

Artisto Art
12-14-06, 09:44
Most of houses on 63 were closed as of yesterday; padlocked with notice taped to doors.

ASN Playa; Chilis was name of bar where I met cutie. Heart of Darkness was crowded last nite, after midnite with some Aussie girls amongst Khmers. Driver said SONY closed by cops; did not verify but he is attuned to what's happening.

Martini had lots of girls, few punters. PP pretty hot & humid today.

Cheers

Mai Yao
12-14-06, 13:38
I was in Phnom Phen for the last six days ending yesterday, staying at Flamingo's.
There was some kind of a raid on "63" on Sunday; virtually all the knock-shops were closed and the pimps nowhere in sight.

The following two days were nearly the same; I walked the length of "63" , from 174 to Sihanouk Blvd; both sides, without getting a single wave or wistle.

A well connected bar owner in the area stated that the word is out that "63" is on the way out, real estate development is moving in.

On a related note: a number of foreign bar owners have recently been hauled in and questioned about "Bar fine" and "Lady drink" policies. It seems that existing laws forbid these practices and they are being warned to expect enforcement of those laws in the near future.

Mai Yao
12-14-06, 14:03
One overlooked advantage of spending at least one night at Flamingo's is that if you book online (info@flamingos.com.kh) they will pick you up at the airport for free. (return is $4.) Make sure you request it and give your flight/arrival info.

That alone saves you $7. taxi.

They also give a small, free breakfast that you can accessorize with a couple of side orders and end up with a pretty good $2 plate of food.

There are several very nice guest houses on St.174 ( corner of Walkabout) A new one directly across from HOOTERS and several up the block towards Monivong; $10-15

Phantomtiger2
12-14-06, 20:46
I was in Phnom Phen for the last six days ending yesterday, staying at Flamingo's.
There was some kind of a raid on "63" on Sunday; virtually all the knock-shops were closed and the pimps nowhere in sight.

The following two days were nearly the same; I walked the length of "63" , from 174 to Sihanouk Blvd; both sides, without getting a single wave or wistle.

A well connected bar owner in the area stated that the word is out that "63" is on the way out, real estate development is moving in.

For those reading my reports, then you know I am NOT a fan of St 63, so all I say is "its about time" as I'm sure almost none of us will miss this area too much. Bad attitutes by the gals, rip offs etc.
As long they keep LeCyree, Sophies etc open then we should be just fine.

PT

MisterMax808
12-15-06, 01:12
It seems that all of the famous or infamous places I have read about will be gone or closed when I visit next month. 63 st. , k11. Well, will try to see the rest anyway! . What places are close to the Big Luck Hotel?

Prince Harry
12-15-06, 06:46
barren night in snooky last night.During the day we checked out the massages off omnui and the viet chicken farm.Last time I went at night and indulged at the farm but this time after seeing the are in daylight I don't thin that I will be back.
We left occateul last night on two motos and I arranged to stop for a dekko at sakura thai massage,of course the plan went to shit.
My moto stopped but my mate's kept going.I got off for a perve but insisted that my driver pursue my mate.It took ten minutes for him to return and we sussed out the ladies sitting outside-no fishbowl.
I spotted one thai honey but we had to move on.We headed for victory hill and the motos dropped us at the snake pit-far too early,only a few girls.
We had lost our motos and started to walk-a mistake,pitch black and very warm for this supposed cool season.
I wish that pesky tassie devil had told us that the snake pit was several kilometers from the rest of the action at the hill.Anyway more motos were rustled up and we headed up the hill to eat and perve,passing the huge casino hotel on the right.There are very few barang around and some bars had many girls hanging out of the balconies,apparently these places have no rooms but girls to take out for no bar fine and $20 overnight.
I spotted two real sweethearts,one really exceptional and as of tomorrow i am in a comfortable room behind the beach,not the beachside shack that would not impress anyone.
I spoke some khmer to my honey at the taxi bar and I am on a promise-maybe tonight i will get the phone number.
Just be aware that the hill is miles awy from occateul-maybe 15 minutes on the moto.
The night finished on anaother sour note as out motos could not find the gingerbread house.My desperate danish mate,eric the red was dateless....

Troposcat
12-15-06, 08:54
I found my pictures and just posted them in the Photo Gallery.

Phantomtiger2
12-15-06, 19:04
Just be aware that the hill is miles awy from occateul-maybe 15 minutes on the moto.

The night finished on anaother sour note as out motos could not find the gingerbread house.My desperate danish mate,eric the red was dateless....

Yes, the so called gingerbread house (still dont know how this place got this name) is a bit hard to find as no signs exist on the gate, but a bit surprised the motodop driver didnt know this place, you should've found another driver and asked him. If you were already on Viet farms on Omuni st then its only about 10min walk away or less than 2 min by moto.
Some member had already posted a picture of this place earlier but I cant remember where I saw it.

Really Can't walk to beach from Victory Hill as its over 3 miles away. Possible if you are Downtown and need the exercise as this is about the half way point but why bother as motodops from there are cheap.

PS: suggest you continue Snooky on the "other areas" threads as this is for PP.

PT

Gohan39
12-16-06, 01:42
It seems that all of the famous or infamous places I have read about will be gone or closed when I visit next month. 63 st. , k11. Well, will try to see the rest anyway! . What places are close to the Big Luck Hotel?No need to dispair, there are many k-11 type places in the city. A good driver will show you many low-class places where $5-10 will get you a st onsite. These are places you don't read about and you will be the only barang there.

I can recommend a couple of drivers that hang out at the Angkor International
Hotel, this hotel is well known by most moto drivers.

Mr Horn and Mr alec both were pretty straight up with me when I used them at about $25 from 4pm until I was finished for the night.

Hope this helps.

Jayagopal50
12-16-06, 10:54
I arrived and stayed at ASIA hotel. Crude buisness hotel. On check in was offered massage on top floor. [later looked over girls and for cambodia they were below average]Visted MIKADO. Dingy but eager girls. Did a plump one. My friend got a co-operative girl for $15 with anal.

Next night went to a brothel picked 2 sweeties, but on coming to hotel refused oral, very uncoopertive. Threw one out and did the other, bad experience. May be doing on premise would be better, I was furious at behaviour and with language problems could do nothing but girls were young and hott. Recommend taking a local driver keeping his number and if possible calling if girls are difficult. I can see why some asians will turn violent at their behavior.

Gohan39
12-16-06, 23:02
Next night went to a brothel picked 2 sweeties, but on coming to hotel refused oral, very uncoopertive. Threw one out and did the other, bad experience. May be doing on premise would be better, .I share your opinion and had the same problem taking brothel girls long time.

No problem with st onsite but the rooms are usually real grungy places.

I have had no problems with girls trying to split after one round when I get
them out of the bars.

Atleast this confirms (to me anyway) that it's happened to others with girls
from brothels.

Troposcat
12-17-06, 08:08
My next trip to Cambodia I want to take a boat from Thailand to Sihanoukville and stay a few days before I travel to Phnom Penh. Can any of you give me any information on how to do this and is there any visa concerns I need to worry about? I have been through the airport and got a visa but is coming in by boat any differant?

Samu Ray
12-17-06, 22:19
You get a visa on arrival at BBK-Cambodia border either way you travel. On the Cambodian side they will ask you for 1.200 bt for visa, they won´t take
$$. There is no use arguing with those corrupt bastards! If you took the
first bus 7:00 am from BBK to Trat then take another van to the border, you could barely make it to the border before they close it at 5:00 pm. You would take a boat the following morning at 7:00 am from Kho Kong to Sihanousville. I have taken that route few times. I don´t think I would consider taking it
again. They overload the boats, there is no safety instructions at all, there
were no life-saving vests to be seen! when the sea is agitated, boats rock
and slam againt the waves real hard! you see people throwing out every
where because of sea sickeness! But you might have a better stomach
than I do! Good luck!

There is a $5 hotel just after crossing the bridge into Kho Kong. Also, there
is the chicken ranch, open air *****house!

Tazzy Devil
12-18-06, 06:18
my next trip to cambodia i want to take a boat from thailand to sihanoukville and stay a few days before i travel to phnom penh. can any of you give me any information on how to do this and is there any visa concerns i need to worry about? i have been through the airport and got a visa but is coming in by boat any differant?most of my trips going throught the koh kong border i have paid $20 usd,the last time i was asked to pay another 100 baht the reason they gave me was that "i have more money than them". couldnt argue with his honesty so paid up.

if traveling with a group that has just gotten off a bus i will have a feed at the restaurant on the thailand side and wait for the immigration office to be less busy. if offering $20 dont do it in view of other travellers.

like samu ray said dont leave it too late.

check the weather forcast before going over on the ferry. when i was here in july august the ferry was cancelled a couple of time due to bad weather so i ended up flying to pp.

this time of year it should be ok but do a search on the internet for weather warnings in that area. http://www.mobilegeographics.com:81/zones/:asia/phnom_penh

the majority of my trips by the ferry have been good.

i am going to koh kong tomorrow or wednesday for a couple of night so will give an update when i return.

Phantomtiger2
12-19-06, 03:16
my next trip to cambodia i want to take a boat from thailand to sihanoukville and stay a few days before i travel to phnom penh. can any of you give me any information on how to do this and is there any visa concerns i need to worry about? i have been through the airport and got a visa but is coming in by boat any differant?

i see most of your this was answered by knowledgable bros already but i still have just a question as you didnt indicate when you will be visiting cambo?
reason for this is everything will change after july 2007 as new hwy opens connecting koh kong to snooky and pp opens. already have confirmation that the kk to snooky fast boat will be out as some bus companies already eager to take this route.
i did a moto ride on about 20miles of this unopen (closed and still under construction ) hwy just a week ago and can say that it may even be completed on time. the bridge over the ta tai river is already about 1/2 finished.

pt

Phantomtiger2
12-19-06, 03:21
Kho Kong to Sihanousville. I have taken that route few times. I don´t think I would consider taking it
again. They overload the boats, there is no safety instructions at all, there
were no life-saving vests to be seen! when the sea is agitated, boats rock
and slam againt the waves real hard! you see people throwing out every
where because of sea sickeness! But you might have a better stomach
than I do! Good luck!

!

Hey Samy Ray, if you plan to go back again, suggest you plan it after July 2007 as the new Hwy will be open (hopefully).
Peace to all and Happy Holidays.

BTW:most of the vest were in a overhead rack toward the back of the boat--not that it helps if boat was sinking.

PT

Troposcat
12-19-06, 06:46
I see most of your this was answered by knowledgable bros already but I still have just a question as you didnt indicate when you will be visiting Cambo?

Reason for this is everything will change after July 2007 as new Hwy opens connecting Koh Kong to Snooky and PP opens. Already have confirmation that the KK to Snooky fast boat will be out as some bus companies already eager to take this route.

I did a moto ride on about 20miles of this unopen (closed and still under construction ) Hwy just a week ago and can say that it may even be completed on time. The bridge over the Ta Tai river is already about 1/2 finished.

PTI plan on visiting in March. I had such a great time last time I invited a friend to join me on this trip. He has never been to Cambodia but has visited Thailand many times. He is a Cheap Charlie like me so I think he will enjoy it.

Too Jaded
12-19-06, 23:25
Dear All,

My name Sovan Mee, as taxi driver in PP. I would like to request some business from you guys. It's very hard time for me now.

Hopefully someone will employ me some job.

Please fell free to call me at: 012 428 007

Thanks in advanceI am interested in your services, as a member of the board I am glad to help a fellow member. Check your PM.

By the way to all: Theara appears to be out of business. His site is up but no answers to email, and some chick answered the phone with two words: "Wrong Number!"

MisterMax808
12-20-06, 09:45
If Mr. Sovanmee could lower his taxi rate to $20 per day or $10 per 1/2 day, perhaps more people would be willing to hire him?

Markmalt
12-20-06, 22:12
When I am in PP I seldom use a car for the whole day. I know the city already and I do not need a guide.

Sometimes I have the plan to visit the restaurants on Mekhong in the afternoon and perhaps Martini in the evening. But 25 $ for a all-day service is too much.

Half of the day I am relaxing, sitting in an internet cafe, taking dinner. That´s the time I do not need a car and why I usually take the motodrop.

Phantomtiger2
12-20-06, 23:10
I am going to Koh Kong tomorrow or Wednesday for a couple of night so will give an update when I return.

Hey Tazzy,
when you reach KK drop by J &C bar (its about 50m left of Motobar) and give John a visit. He's a real nice guy and will give you honest answers to KK. I went there every nite I was in KK.
BTW: dont expect KK to be hopping as most of the nites I was there all the bars started closing by 8-9pm due to lack of business and traffic. Like I said in the "other area" thread in Cambo, KK is becoming really dead.

PT

Phantomtiger2
12-20-06, 23:19
Mr Horn and Mr alec both were pretty straight up with me when I used them at about $25 from 4pm until I was finished for the night.

Actually, for $25, you could have easily negotiated an all day( starting in the morning) -- until late nite for that price.

PT

MisterMax808
12-21-06, 05:48
PHamtomtiger2,

Where would I have to go to find the most elegant & beautiful girls in PP? . And could you let us know when "things" on 63rd street open up again? . I will be in PP in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Max

Rising Son
12-21-06, 07:08
I think Phantomtiger is right -- I pay my driver $25, and he starts at 10 AM and finishes when I do, which is sometimes 3 AM. If I want him only in the evening, I pay him $15, and he's with me from about 4 PM to whenever.

I think Mr. Mee is pricing himself too high -- but, on the other hand, my guy knows he's going to be driving me 6-7 days and nights a week for several months, so maybe I'm getting a rate.

The best things about having a car are (a) you have a place to leave your stuff -- I sometimes have a computer with me -- and (b) you stay dry when it rains. And then finally, you're less likely to get killed in a minor accident than you are on a bike.

RS

Dinghy
12-21-06, 07:35
Hey Samy Ray, if you plan to go back again, suggest you plan it after July 2007 as the new Hwy will be open (hopefully).
Peace to all and Happy Holidays.

BTW:most of the vest were in a overhead rack toward the back of the boat--not that it helps if boat was sinking.

PT

JULY 2007 --- IN YOUR DREAMS!! - In early NOV (the first) there were 3 bridges under construction (of 4 crossings) - 2 in beam laying mode the other in pier construction, the 4th not even started yet The roadway itself is in the blasting stage near the highest summit (regrade) and nowhere near ready for tarmac. A large portion of the road isn't even ballasted yet (can you say MUD?) I suspect DEC 2008 as a good estimate for finishing the BRIDGES (also based on southeast Asia work scheduling) Of course, once the have the equipment access without needing to use those ramshackle ferries (which can't handle the LOADS), construction might go faster. The NOV trip took about 7 hours from departure at Snooky (bus area) to drop at the KK border crossing including about 2.5 hours waiting for the ferries. YES when IT IS FINISHED, the trip will be all road and probably easier than water (at 40mph, the distance is about 3 hours - you measure distance in SEA as "time" - not "distance")

Azn Playa
12-21-06, 09:39
Has anyone taken this trip recently? What did you pay?

I made this trip earlier in the year and paid $30 there and negotiated $25 for the return to PP (as there were 3 drivers all wanting to drive me that morning). As petrol prices are supposedly higher and drivers seem to be charging more, would like to know what the standard/expected price should be now.

Phantomtiger2
12-21-06, 20:18
JULY 2007 --- IN YOUR DREAMS!! - In early NOV (the first) there were 3 bridges under construction (of 4 crossings) - 2 in beam laying mode the other in pier construction, the 4th not even started yet The roadway itself is in the blasting stage near the highest summit (regrade) and nowhere near ready for tarmac. A large portion of the road isn't even ballasted yet (can you say MUD?) I suspect DEC 2008 as a good estimate for finishing the BRIDGES (also based on southeast Asia work scheduling) Of course, once the have the equipment access without needing to use those ramshackle ferries (which can't handle the LOADS), construction might go faster. The NOV trip took about 7 hours from departure at Snooky (bus area) to drop at the KK border crossing including about 2.5 hours waiting for the ferries. YES when IT IS FINISHED, the trip will be all road and probably easier than water (at 40mph, the distance is about 3 hours - you measure distance in SEA as "time" - not "distance")

Ha ha, dreaming is good for the soul --which is why I said "hopefully".
You could be right of course as I only did a partial survey from my motobike ride from Koh Kong to Ta Tai river (crossed river via the ferry barge) and continued for a few more miles (as I said before maybe 20miles or so). I never made it to the 2nd bridge but the 1st bridge over the Ta Tai river had all the pillar supports were finished over the water and just need the pre-fabricated road to be put together--and thats usually the easiest and fastest part of the bridge process. I'm fairly sure this 15-20miles will be done by July 2007 if no major negative weather hinders it. Most of the road foundation from KK to Ta Tai river also done except still need the final concrete/asphalt layer to be put on-- a few months should cover this 20 miles section even in bad weather.
I also heard, (although I didnt actually see them) that this whole project was being supervised by foreign consultants (Japanese I think?)

PT

Phantomtiger2
12-21-06, 20:31
PHamtomtiger2,

Where would I have to go to find the most elegant & beautiful girls in PP? . And could you let us know when "things" on 63rd street open up again? . I will be in PP in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Max

Sorry, Mister Max, I wish we could've meet up in PP but,
I just left Cambodia and home for the Holidays right now so dont know the current status of St63 (I dont miss this area though). Maybe some others who will be arriving or staying in PP can help you when you arrive.

As to the beautiful gals--its always a hit or miss just like everywhere else. I sometimes see nice ones in Martinis and sometimes at the hostess bars.
Ironic fact is that some of the real cuties actually work in the St63 ripoff places. Most will employ cuties as good bait to hook you into the place to be slaughtered. Its a smart tactic so beware if these places reopens or like I said before, avoid them and dont give them any more business.

PT

Phantomtiger2
12-22-06, 00:35
I think Phantomtiger is right -- I pay my driver $25, and he starts at 10 AM and finishes when I do, which is sometimes 3 AM. If I want him only in the evening, I pay him $15, and he's with me from about 4 PM to whenever.

RS

I only used a driver with car once while in PP. It was the same driver that I used to take me from the airport to my guesthouse. My flight arrived early morning (8am), before leaving airport I negotiated with driver. (I knew airport to hotel was already about $7) so I said will give him ($24 -final neg. price) for whole day so I could tour PP and for him to stay with me until about 12mn-1am for some bar hopping. Of course he didnt agree right away but if you use a little neg. skills (like I did), after a few minutes he said ok.
Note:, neg. started with him saying $35 and I counter with $20--settled on $24 after about 4 min.
(I suspect I could have gone lower but not worth wasting another 10min sitting outside the airport to save 1-2 dollars.)

Although his english was not the best, he managed to get me where I wanted to go as I showed him a map of PP. He was a decent guy with good service so in all fairness I tipped him $2 (or was it $3) extra when he finally left me at about 1:30am (I always give a little extra when its deserved- dont always have to be with just gals and P4P)

Sorry, I never asked for his phone # as I only used him this one time. In hindsight, I should've asked anyway even though I was not going to use him again on this trip just so I could post for you guys to call him if you want.

PT

MisterMax808
12-22-06, 00:38
Phantomtiger2,

Thanks! . I hope that you had a good time while there. I think that this area of commerce is so interesting. It has it's own rules. Certainly different from, but yet, the same general principles of marketing and advertisement throughout the world. I will be very interested to see it all materialize in real life soon. But I fear the I am not a good bargainer. I don't have the natural skills or inclination to bargain for everything. Mahalo.

Max!

Prince Harry
12-22-06, 11:25

I was there in june and there were four bridges under construction ant the four river crossings-why would you leave one bridge out?
The bridges are being constructed by the thais using ASEAN funding.The bridges looked pretty far advanced to me months ago and believe me the thai can build as good a bridge as any western company.

Dinghy
12-22-06, 19:32
I was there in june and there were four bridges under construction ant the four river crossings-why would you leave one bridge out?
The bridges are being constructed by the thais using ASEAN funding.The bridges looked pretty far advanced to me months ago and believe me the thai can build as good a bridge as any western company.

Beats me Harry - Going from SV to KK, the first bridge was in beam laying mode - about 1/3 of the way across the river. Piers in place and construction proceeding while we waited. Bridge 2 had several of the piers done and others in works (no beams). Bridge 3 wasn't started - no evidence of piers that I remember seeing. Bridge 4 (the last before KK) had the piers up and beams being set. They were working on the river approaches from KK. I was there 1NOV. The only explanation I might have is that the bridge might be at a different location in the 3rd bridge from the ferry. There a LOT of road preparation underway but NO PAVING.

Road surface will come after the beams, of course, and it isn't a "snap together process" - thus the time estimate. They haven't made much headway in the SR roadway - I just figured it might be similar in the south as well

Phantomtiger2
12-22-06, 19:43
Phantomtiger2,

Thanks! . I hope that you had a good time while there. I think that this area of commerce is so interesting. It has it's own rules. Certainly different from, but yet, the same general principles of marketing and advertisement throughout the world. I will be very interested to see it all materialize in real life soon. But I fear the I am not a good bargainer. I don't have the natural skills or inclination to bargain for everything. Mahalo.

Max!

Despite all the lowdowns and setbacks in PP, its still a fun place if you dont let everything get to you. (ex: the freaking traffic) .I was getting scammed left and right all over St 63--but mainly because I was going there on purpose to get a survey of the whole scene for a report I was going to do here. I left small "bait" money in my pockets in order to see if places on St 63 were honest or not and sadly all 5 places survey were thieves--thats why I said I will never miss that area. I was expecting scams but always hope for the best but never happened so have no honest places to report on St 63. Didnt let it get me down as I always make it up by going to a reliable honest place at night (ex: Sophies etc) and the bars --another reason I said to only go to those honest places and spend our hard earned money there to support them only and keep them open forever if possible.

Nobody is ever born to be a "natural bargainer", its a skill thats learned so when you get there a little practice is all thats needed and soon you will get the hang of it. As a start, if you dont want to bargain too hard or waste too much time, then give them half of whatever they offer (assuming its not too outrageous) and you'll be fine. Bargaining is nothing more than standing your ground and not give in to the 1st offer. Hint: You will know that you have bargained too low when you threaten to walk away and they dont call you back.

PT

Phantomtiger2
12-22-06, 19:56
Road surface will come after the beams, of course, and it isn't a "snap together process" - thus the time estimate. They haven't made much headway in the SR roadway - I just figured it might be similar in the south as well

Bridge building these days is very similar to just putting parts together as the beams/roadways over the bridge are all pre-fabricated. Ex: Beams are made elsewhere and already cut to size and shape, ship to the site and only need to be welded into place . The hardest part these days is still the pillars and supports over the water, supports still have to be driven down beneath the water and stabilized before the road can be built on the bridge.
Bridge 4: All the pillars and supports are finished on the water and I saw several trucks with pre-fab road segments and beams waiting to be unloaded as I crossed the Ta Tai river on the barge.

And yes, as I reported earlier, the process is going very well on the KK side of the highway.
So still "hopeful" it can be completed near or at least not too much past the original open date.

PT

Dinghy
12-22-06, 23:55
Bridge building these days is very similar to just putting parts together as the beams/roadways over the bridge are all pre-fabricated. Ex: Beams are made elsewhere and already cut to size and shape, ship to the site and only need to be welded into place . The hardest part these days is still the pillars and supports over the water, supports still have to be driven down beneath the water and stabilized before the road can be built on the bridge.
Bridge 4: All the pillars and supports are finished on the water and I saw several trucks with pre-fab road segments and beams waiting to be unloaded as I crossed the Ta Tai river on the barge.

And yes, as I reported earlier, the process is going very well on the KK side of the highway.
So still "hopeful" it can be completed near or at least not too much past the original open date.

PT

The beams at the first bridge were being fab'd right on site - just off the bridge approach. Prestressed concrete. I didn't see and plank sections. The "reach and extend" beam mover was being used at both the first and last bridges (amusing little trackway up the centre of one beam to move the beams with a cable winch)

Fastpiston
12-23-06, 06:55

PT

Have you got the right forum?

Tomster
12-23-06, 13:05
Hi All,

Has anybody stayed at the Holiday Villa in Phnom Penh, I was wondering if it is GF or not?

Can't book flamingos at the moment as the website has had it's account suspended...

Many thanks.

Phantomtiger2
12-23-06, 19:54
Have you got the right forum?

Sure (in a way),
As paved highways and good bridges are nearly non-existant in Cambodia, we are updating progress on easiest construction methods to verify possible completion date and ways to travel from one mongering city to the next in Cambodia --in this case from PP to KK, ---"hopefully" to be completed by next year. So you can all thank me for these latest info when you are all sitting on that bus having a smooth ride from PP to KK--lol

But you're probably right as enough has been said about this for now.

PT

Dinghy
12-24-06, 03:25
Sure (in a way),
As paved highways and good bridges are nearly non-existant in Cambodia, we are updating progress on easiest construction methods to verify possible completion date and ways to travel from one mongering city to the next in Cambodia --in this case from PP to KK, ---"hopefully" to be completed by next year. So you can all thank me for these latest info when you are all sitting on that bus having a smooth ride from PP to KK--lol

But you're probably right as enough has been said about this for now.

PT

NAH - what he meant was take it to "OTHER AREAS"

Phantomtiger2
12-24-06, 19:42
NAH - what he meant was take it to "OTHER AREAS"

Hmm, maybe as the title to his post was "question on building bridges" and about correct "forum"--to mean WSG and not the thread. But it doesnt matter now as I've said we pretty much explained everything.
The next post on this topic should be on the actually opening day when the 1st monger rides this new Hwy.

Cheers and Happy Holidays all

Hey Dinghy, you still packing your wallet with hugh wads of singles?--lol

PT

Dinghy
12-25-06, 03:27
Sure - when I go "out" I take 30 or 40 with me at a time (not too much, not too little) - about 1/4 inch thick (but remember, I tout the "neck wallet")

Gaudente
12-25-06, 17:50
Surfing the Cambodia Yellow Pages I found this hotel
http://www.cafecaliforniaphnompenh.com/
has someone on this forum been their guest ? As I am quite curious to see Sophie Bar, is it at walkable distance ? (should be about 1km if I read the maps correctly).
Is it unsafe to walk just after sunset , or danger arises only in deep night ?

Thomrn10
12-26-06, 05:04
Guadente,

I stayed in this area along the riverfront and enjoyed a similar hotel called the Paragon. It was about 2 blocks from the cafe california and the prices are about the same. I preferred this area as opposed to more central for a few reasons. First, it was a short ride or walk to quite a few monger sights including Sharky's which was maybe 10 minute walk and Sophie's which was probably 20 minute walk. Culturally, it was a cool place because of the palace as well as a meeting ground at sunset for the Cambodian people.

I would recommend a tuk tuk/moto/taxi at night as there is potential for danger in the streets. It was more than just a feeling because of the amount of people in the streets and lack of street lights. I am sure people have gotten into trouble.

I also have a strong recommendation with the Cyrcee Club which like Sophies is near the central market. I walked in at 7pm one evening and there were about 30 young ladies many of which were in the 7/8 range. The odds were good for me as I was the only one in there. I chose 2 for 15$ per girl and had an enjoyable hour in a clean air conditioned room. After a 10$ tip between the two of them, I retired to the bar and watched the lovely ladies until I was tempted again. I had a good time at Sophie's but this place was cleaner and had 20 more women and a nicer bar. It was 5$ less at Sophies. Cyrcee is a good memory from my last night there.

Dinghy
12-26-06, 05:31
Oh it's walkable (15 mins maybe) and the streets seemed safe enough but getting around at night with their lack of street signs can be a bit daunting.

I wouldn't do it drunk

Ekspat
12-26-06, 08:12
Just after sunset it should be fine, but not recommended at 1am.
Enjoy!

Phantomtiger2
12-26-06, 19:53

From my time in PP, I can say that it all depends on where you are walking. If you stick to the main (large multi lane) streets and Blvds, then it's ok even at night. Its the smaller streets that connects all the main Blvds that you have to watch for as most are not lit at all. Most of the times you wont see 3 feet in front of you. So stay in the mostly tourist areas and walk the main streets will be no problem but will need several days to figure out, if staying a short time its best to take motodops at nite to avoid problems.

PT

Dragon1423
12-27-06, 02:26
Gaudente,

Just take a moto at night, but obviously study the city map and location where you are going so you can correct the moto driver if he makes a wrong turn. I will be on my fourth trip there, first trip first moto I took made a wrong turn taking me from Walkabout to Sharkys, I corrected him immediately and told him I new the city very well. He thought I was a long termer there. Don't know if it was an honest mistake or not? Never had the problem again. Bottom line make sure you know how to get where you are going and no one thinks you are a newbie. Study the city map of the spots you want to go, it's pretty easy. My experiences at night including 1 AM have been good. I've found the moto drivers to be fine.

One Wing Low
12-27-06, 13:19
went to pnom penh. stayed at the flamingos hotel, which is near all the bars.

sovann the driver took me around sight seeing the first day. he drove me to the thmorda restaurant which is on 128th st. corner 107, excellent cambodian, chinese, vietnamese averaged us$3.00 a dish. i tried some cambodian food, carefully separated what i could eat and took the to go food for the hotel reception staff. they just loved it. it must be very hard for them to try those meals on their salaries.

went around local bars. shanghai had 1 dozen girls, all below average. sophie is a run down 1 room bar with 8 girls looking very strange. they serve $2 beer while the girls go to work on you. sorry, pass. went to martini. it's a large, leafy courtyard with a dozen girls, food, beer and projected movies on large screen. beers and drinks are $1.50 or 6000 riel. it's a nice and relaxed place to sit around drinking and flirting with the girls. most guys there were caucasian.

girls are all young, good-looking vietnamese. the mamasan immediately showed up, calling up the girls. she said st $20, 2 pops $30, all night $40. took out tina, a small, sweet and very sexy looking viet girl. the motoman took both of us back to the hotel for 4000 riels. wow, this tina could really give me a hard on with bbbj and passionate sex.

next day went checking out vietnamese brothels on 63rd street. the big one was closed. the smaller one had the whole family with kids having their lunch on the floor of the kitchen, and showed 5 girls, claiming the rest were all out shopping. took a girl for $5. the room was small and dirty. she urged me to leave my clothes at the shelf next to the door but i declined, hearing so much about theft problems with vietnamese brothels. had so so sex. she claimed to rent the room and knew of no organized gangs or theft problem. kept my clothes with me at all time. better be smarter than the hookers and not lose anything to them.

same night went back to thmorda for dinner then martini. the moto driver got lost and went around and around exposing me hundreds times to being knocked off the bike and having my brain rep001tered on the street of pnom penh. finally found it. sovann with his trusty camry would have been much safer but he was engaged.

met the mamasan again. her name was like jean or giaang, the way the girls told me. she sat and talked for a while. bought her a coke for $1.50. she claimed all the girls are free lancers who give her a dollar or two when she introduces them to the johns. the girls denied any organized gang brought them there. they all tried to escape poverty and hunger in vietnam with promises of good jobs in pnom penh. tipped the mamasan 10k riels and took a sweetie to the hotel. she would not do bj, but the sex was ok. she said she liked it a lot. she was very nice and sweet about it. gave her 5000 riels extra for the motoman.

pnom penh has far more atractive girls than hcmc ready to go to hotels for $20. highly recommended.

Forever69
12-27-06, 14:23
Owl.

I liked you report. Just one thing: ST at Martini's is 10. LT is 20.

The importence of keeping the prices from spiralling skywards cannot be understated.

MisterMax808
12-27-06, 19:39
One Wing Low,

Did you try to bargain?

$10 ST & $20 LT at Martini's?

Phantomtiger2
12-27-06, 20:04
Went to Pnom Penh. Pnom Penh has far more atractive girls than HCMC ready to go to hotels for $20. highly recommended.

I think Wing Low did get the prices right in the end.

Phantomtiger2
12-28-06, 00:06
Guadente,

. I chose 2 for 15$ per girl and had an enjoyable hour in a clean air conditioned room. After a 10$ tip between the two of them, I retired to the bar and watched the lovely ladies until I was tempted again. . Cyrcee is a good memory from my last night there.

Is this a new price for LeCyree ($15/gal ) + room fee?
I was there not a month ago and it was $10+2 room fee. I ordered a beer when I was there but not sure if the beer or a drink from the bar was mandatory. I think the beers here were $2.

PT

Phantomtiger2
12-28-06, 00:11
Just curious if anyone else experience this,

I'm not sure if its a real rule or some BS from the gals when I was at Sophie --(I was there only once) ,they said everyone must order a drink from the bar--no exceptions.

PT

Matt Navan Man
12-28-06, 00:26
Just curious if anyone else experience this,

I'm not sure if its a real rule or some BS from the gals when I was at Sophie --(I was there only once) ,they said everyone must order a drink from the bar--no exceptions.

PT

I guess they're working on the premis that what you're about to get up to will be thirsty work and therefore you need a drink. Compelling logic when you think about it!

Thomrn10
12-28-06, 17:18
Phantom,

I paid 15$/gal with no room fee along with a $2 beer. Thought it was a good deal but perhaps I should have talked to you or read the forum about price change. Now that I am back in San Francisco, it sure sounds like a good deal but for the guys there, perhaps it's time to haggle a bit.

I am not sure about mandatory drinks but I did see one guy come in, pick his girl and go directly to his room sans drink at Sophie's. I enjoy having a beer with 4 or 5 ladies grabbing me who are ready to go when I am.

Anyone else enjoy the Salma Hayek lookalike the past month at Sophie's? She had the face and being 19, she had the body. I was impressed enough to see her 3 times. I was there at the beginning of the month.

Gaudente
12-29-06, 13:01
When I travel abroad, I always use my Bangkok Bank ATM card. It worked with most ATM machines, the circuit is PLUS. Can someone living in Phnom Penh confirm me there are ATM displaying the PLUS logo ?

Phantomtiger2
12-29-06, 19:42
Phantom,

I paid 15$/gal with no room fee along with a $2 beer. Thought it was a good deal but perhaps I should have talked to you or read the forum about price change. Now that I am back in San Francisco, it sure sounds like a good deal but for the guys there, perhaps it's time to haggle a bit.

I am not sure about mandatory drinks but I did see one guy come in, pick his girl and go directly to his room sans drink at Sophie's. I enjoy having a beer with 4 or 5 ladies grabbing me who are ready to go when I am.

Anyone else enjoy the Salma Hayek lookalike the past month at Sophie's? She had the face and being 19, she had the body. I was impressed enough to see her 3 times. I was there at the beginning of the month.

If you paid $15 and this included the room fee and the gal then price is still ok as I assume some gals will want a few dollars more anyway especially in high season.

Sophie--I thought that "mandatory" drink policy was BS when she told me that. I ordered a beer anyway but I just didnt like the attitude that was given, sort of like "order something or get out". That and because I didnt come across your Selma lookalike that's why I didn't go back again for seconds.

PT

MisterMax808
12-29-06, 20:48
How busy is it in the bars this Christmas in PP?

I understand that places like Pattaya and Angles City are not as busy this Christmas.

Can anyone there report back about PP bars?

Paul3456
12-30-06, 12:26
Hi All,

Has anybody stayed at the Holiday Villa in Phnom Penh, I was wondering if it is GF or not?

Can't book flamingos at the moment as the website has had it's account suspended...

Many thanks.http://www.flamingos.com.kh/facilities.php