PDA

View Full Version : Sosua Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Coupe66
02-19-14, 00:11
All these places will let you book in with one chica, and not change, Most would accept one chica turning up on a later day if you don't change. Casa Valeria caters for mongers with successive chicas so long as you don't parade the fact or make undue noise.

Strange selection of places. One upmarket (for Sosua) , one mid-price monger hotel, and one apartments. You should make up you mind what type of accommodation you want first, then pick the best value of that type.

What's wrong with Casa Cayena or Victoria House? They are getting the best reviews lately.Charles Pooter, thanks for the advice. Do you mean only one chica per day, or for a whole trip of say a week, and that would apply in particular to the Piergiorgio hotel. I actually found a very reasonable price online for them. I also contacted the Casa Valeria, but they don't have availability for my exact dates. I stayed at the Sosua Bay Beach club twice in 2011, the first time was great, the second time terrible. After the closure of the complex, and re-opening of the Victoria House, and having read all the recent reviews and heard about all the scams going on there, I will steer well clear of the place, whether they call it Victoria house now or whatever!

Hamster101
02-21-14, 19:36
Hello fellow mongers, I see many post about some of the local hotels in the area, personally I prefer to stay in a villa while I am having fun in Sosua. I stayed in couple on my first trip and soon figured out most of these places are far from being safe and some what clean. After watching girls throwing other mongers clothes, cash, computers and things out the window to their boyfriends or moto concho guys, it was enough for me to start renting a villa. When the girls come they leave their cedula with security and only get it back when you approve, it makes for a much nicer trip when you can feel safe and secure in a private compound. We have stayed at Villa California several times, never a problem, very easy owners to deal with (they do everything possible to accommodate you, VIP service, Car rental) , very nice house and fully stocked. I usually travel with a couple guys and it is about $60 to $80 a night per person to stay in a first class villa and much safer and very clean. Many places can be found on VRBO, Villa California #386507 is hands down our favorite, I would recommend to any fellow monger that enjoys living good!

Charles Pooter
02-21-14, 20:23
Hello fellow mongers, I see many post about some of the local hotels in the area, personally I prefer to stay in a villa while I am having fun in Sosua. I stayed in couple on my first trip and soon figured out most of these places are far from being safe and some what clean. After watching girls throwing other mongers clothes, cash, computers and things out the window to their boyfriends or moto concho guys, it was enough for me to start renting a villa. When the girls come they leave their cedula with security and only get it back when you approve, it makes for a much nicer trip when you can feel safe and secure in a private compound. We have stayed at Villa California several times, never a problem, very easy owners to deal with (they do everything possible to accommodate you, VIP service, Car rental) , very nice house and fully stocked. I usually travel with a couple guys and it is about $60 to $80 a night per person to stay in a first class villa and much safer and very clean. Many places can be found on VRBO, Villa California #386507 is hands down our favorite, I would recommend to any fellow monger that enjoys living good!This should be in the classified adverts section. Obvious spam. The only posts this poster has made in the last four years are promoting this place. And his older posts reveal he is in the property business.

I would have no objection to one post a year just to update info and prices. but not including abusive comments about local hotels.

Hamster101
02-22-14, 01:44
This should be in the classified adverts section. Obvious spam. The only posts this poster has made in the last four years are promoting this place. And his older posts reveal he is in the property business.

I would have no objection to one post a year just to update info and prices. But not including abusive comments about local hotels.I understand everybody has an opinion, I just posted mine, it is ok to disagree. I had no intention to slam any local hotels, I left the hotel names out on purpose, I don't think the local hotels are involved in stealing from guest. I think the problem follows the girls and their boyfriends, some are just rotten women that like to steal, it's a bummer that most of them are HOT, and tell a pretty good story.

I visit the DR about 3. 4 times a year for 2. 3 weeks at a time, I have stayed at this villa about 25 times over the last 7. 8 years, it's always been great, I enjoy staying there and will book my flights pending availability to stay there. For the record I am not in the spam industry and do not send out mass emails to earn a commission. I thought this site was for people with similar interest that shared information to help each other out. As the economy went up and down, I found time to spend in the DR, when the tourist were not there, the girls became very creative at making money. The reason for my post is, you might think your saving money by staying a cheap hotel, but when you get robbed, or charged to bring a girl in by security or beaten the money you saved seems irrelevant, I prefer to be safe and secure, invite the girls in on my terms with no surprises. I tell all of the girls, they get paid around 10:00 or 11:00 am, I also tell them, I don't care how many phone calls you get in the middle of the night about babies are sick, mom is in the hospital, dad got hit by a truck, what ever the bullshit story is, if your here at 10:00 in the morning? You get paid. It was just an opinion to share with fellow mongers.

Doker44
02-28-14, 22:18
The way they have their prices listed I don't understand how much 3 weeks would cost. They have it listed as follows:1-3 Nights (lodging) 35 US$/night (1 or 2 pers.

21-30 Nights (flat rate) 600 US$/total. Does anybody know how much 2. 5 to 3 weeks would cost this time of year?

Thanks

Doker44

BasanKing78
03-15-14, 08:17
Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm which hotel (s) have rock solid wifi throughout it? That are also chica friendly?

I will need solid wifi to be able to log into VPN to work and make skype calls for conference calls.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Basan

Shamester
03-15-14, 18:20
Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm which hotel (s) have rock solid wifi throughout it? That are also chica friendly?

I will need solid wifi to be able to log into VPN to work and make skype calls for conference calls.

Let me know.

Thanks,

BasanWhere? In SD. Hotel Riparbella.

Shamester
03-15-14, 19:59
Hi guys,

Let me know.

Thanks,

BasanRocky's in Sosua.

Jimmy Di
03-24-14, 10:38
I wanted to stay at an excellent hotel in Sosua so, after much research, I decided on Sosua By The Sea. However, in their confirmation, they say "No visitors allowed". I recently read on this forum that the Victorian House Hotel is very nice and apparently girl-friendly. But when calling the phone number on their website 809 571 4000, I can't get through.

Does anyone know if they are indeed open and what their contact number is?

Thanks so much.

Charles Pooter
03-24-14, 13:27
I wanted to stay at an excellent hotel in Sosua.For the benefit of newbies we should make it clear that there are no "excellent" hotels in Sosua. But there are a few of acceptable quality and good value for mongers. Victorian House seems to be getting good reviews at present.

Phone: (809) 571-4650

MrJamel
03-26-14, 23:22
Reading reviews about the doors being chained? Anyone stay here recently? Going to Sosua 4/4/14 and I'm looking to book the day I arrive with a hotel.

Husker Dude
03-27-14, 02:27
Reading reviews about the doors being chained? Anyone stay here recently? Going to sosua 4/4/14 and I'm looking to book the day I arrive with a hotel.I did not stay there, but had several friends that did recently 3/15. I was very impressed by the view from the balconies of the rooms. My friends & I visited with the manager and the hotel is made for mongers. He just took over about 3 months ago. The Bourbon Street Grill is quite good too.

MrJamel
03-28-14, 00:21
I did not stay there, but had several friends that did recently 3/15. I was very impressed by the view from the balconies of the rooms. My friends & I visited with the manager and the hotel is made for mongers. He just took over about 3 months ago. The Bourbon Street Grill is quite good too.Thanks for the input. I'll have to check it out for myself when I get there.

GrownMan1
03-30-14, 01:48
Reading reviews about the doors being chained? Anyone stay here recently? Going to Sosua 4/4/14 and I'm looking to book the day I arrive with a hotel.I like hotel Europa.

Mr Enternational
03-31-14, 04:01
Pictures of the Cabana

RonnyRon
03-31-14, 14:56
I wanted to stay at an excellent hotel in Sosua so, after much research, I decided on Sosua By The Sea. However, in their confirmation, they say "No visitors allowed". I recently read on this forum that the Victorian House Hotel is very nice and apparently girl-friendly. But when calling the phone number on their website 809 571 4000, I can't get through.

Does anyone know if they are indeed open and what their contact number is?

Thanks so much.Just walked around and picked up the attached flyer. No chains and walked right in and checked the place out. Nice hotel. Phone number is (809) 571-4650. Web:

www.victorianhousehotel.com

RR

Solley11
03-31-14, 16:56
Pictures of the CabanaStayed there one evening for the first time last trip earlier this month. Stayed in an 800P room with a big Jacuzzi tub. Brought two girls that were friends (happy hour) and they

Jumped right in the big tub together. I still have a nice visual of that scene. Anyway, nice clean room, big bed. Lazy Susan embedded in door for drink delivery and the bill. Taxi

Charged 500 P to take us there, stay for 90 minutes and take us back to Sosua. Easy in, easy out. Would recommend.

===============================================

Greetings,

It appears from your post that you don't quite understand the Forum's Private Message service.

To use the Forum's Private Message service, both you and the Forum Member you are trying to contact must be either a subscriber or a Senior Member.

For more information, please read: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-subscriptions.php?

If you cannot afford $20 dollars to buy a subscription, then perhaps you can convince another forum member to purchase a subscription for you.

Jackson

Fast Eddie 48
04-20-14, 00:11
Just walked around and picked up the attached flyer. No chains and walked right in and checked the place out. Nice hotel. Phone number is (809) 571-4650. Web:

www.victorianhousehotel.com

RRTo Ronny.

I will be in Sousa next weekend looking for a hotel the Victorian look like a good place and location but I am looking for something under 50 USD, if there any hotel in that area you can recommened my first trip here spend most of my trip to Asia.

Fast Eddie 48

RonnyRon
04-20-14, 02:25
To Ronny.

I will be in Sousa next weekend looking for a hotel the Victorian look like a good place and location but I am looking for something under 50 USD, if there any hotel in that area you can recommened my first trip here spend most of my trip to Asia.

Fast Eddie 48Fast Eddie,

I stayed at Casa Cayena, the cost was 62.00 per night, which include breakfast and dinner. Clean rooms and Wilfred the manager runs a tight ship. I found Casa Cayena to be more than adequate. Here is a link you should check out for places below $50. 00US a night:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Sosua--Puerto-Plata--Dominican-Republic?checkin=05%2F13%2F2014&checkout=05%2F19%2F2014&source=bb.

www.hotelcasacayena.com/‎

Hope that helps.

RR

Mr Enternational
04-20-14, 04:17
To Ronny.

Fast Eddie 48Thanks for the help in Vietnam last year Fast Eddie. Two places in Sosua that I recommend under $50 are Hotel Plaza Europa http://www.hotelplazaeuropa.com/ And one that I stayed in last month for $40, Casa Angela https://www.facebook.com/HotelCasaAngela

Mr Gogo
04-20-14, 23:04
To Ronny.

Fast Eddie 48You helped me out on my Asia trip so let me pay you back. Me E is on point with the info he gave you but Europa doesn't serve breakfast. Europa has suites which have kitchen areas but the place is a little outdated. I can't stand sea breeze personally. They have the cheap safes and the employees don't know how to mnd there own buisiness.

Now if you go up to about 65usd then you have better options with breakfast included. New Garden and Casa cayena are better options. Plus they have freelancers coming through regularly.

Again, thanks for your help on the Asian board.

Fast Eddie 48
04-23-14, 21:21
You helped me out on my Asia trip so let me pay you back. Me E is on point with the info he gave you but Europa doesn't serve breakfast. Europa has suites which have kitchen areas but the place is a little outdated. I can't stand sea breeze personally. They have the cheap safes and the employees don't know how to mnd there own buisiness.

Now if you go up to about 65usd then you have better options with breakfast included. New Garden and Casa cayena are better options. Plus they have freelancers coming through regularly.

Again, thanks for your help on the Asian board.To Mr Gogo.

Thank's everyone for your help Casa Cayena look like a nice hotel for 65 USD included breakfast and dinner.

Fast Eddie 48

ThaKid5
04-28-14, 05:37
Anyone have any info on this place? I was looking for a 2 bed room spot for me and my wing that's close to the action, and need to know if its chica friendly, if it is, can you bring back more than 1 girl and if they are allowed by the pool area.

Grenada 79
04-29-14, 21:56
Anyone have any info on this place? I was looking for a 2 bed room spot for me and my wing that's close to the action, and need to know if its chica friendly, if it is, can you bring back more than 1 girl and if they are allowed by the pool area.I looked into that yesterday but decided on hotel Coco. Been here for about 2 hours and am very happy with my choice. Great atmosphere and very obviously Chica-friendly. Although further from action than perla if I recall. I have an all inclusive in Puerto Plata for the week but that bored the shit out of me already.

Will report when I return home (I.E. try and make myself useful for a change.)

Charles Pooter
04-30-14, 01:48
I have an all inclusive in Puerto Plata for the week but that bored the shit out of me already.Serve you right. Read up here first before booking.

Which one? If in Playa Dorada you can walk across the main road to Field of Dreams to relieve the tedium a bit.

Solley11
05-05-14, 20:26
Does anyone know of a Hotel that is not so strict on requiring ID's? I usually stay at Terra Linda, but they are really strict on ID's for girls. A Dominicana I am planning on seeing

Later this month (she's well over 18) does not have her ID and would have to go to Santo Domingo to get copy of her Birth Certificate.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any reply.

Questner
05-06-14, 04:25
Does anyone know of a Hotel that is not so strict on requiring I'd's? I usually stay at Terra Linda, but they are really strict on I'd's for girls. A Dominicana I am planning on seeing

Later this month (she's well over 18) does not have her I'd and would have to go to Santo Domingo to get copy of her Birth Certificate.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any reply.Basically every place without a security guard 24/7 or a night watchman is you place. There are a few, however no one should think owners encourage it. Is she 81?

Charles Pooter
05-06-14, 16:56
Does anyone know of a Hotel that is not so strict on requiring I'd's? I usually stay at Terra Linda, but they are really strict on I'd's for girls. A Dominicana I am planning on seeing

Later this month (she's well over 18) does not have her I'd and would have to go to Santo Domingo to get copy of her Birth Certificate.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any reply.I would rather pay her to go and get a copy (1000 pesos including fares?) than have to look for a hotel in which I would not normally choose to stay. Any hotel without ID checks is likely to be well down-market from Terra Linda.

Or she could do what most of the haitianas do. Go to Cabarete and buy a fake ID for 1000 pesos or less.

If it is just a one-night stand, use a cabaña.

Solley11
05-06-14, 18:36
Thanks for the sage advice Charles. Appreciate it. You as well Questner. Better to stay where I would like and seek out a fake I'd or use a Cabana. Had a nice Happy Hour at the Cabanas last trip. Not the end of the end of the world.

Kman1
05-09-14, 01:56
New Garden is my first choice, but its not available for my dates. I have stayed a few times at Terra Linda, I know the place. Never stayed at Casa Cayena, but the breakfast / dinner included for $62 and onsite chicas make it look good, plus all your reviews. It looks little bit farther from the strip.

How good are chicas there, quality and quanity, is it similar to NG? Any issues walking there late at night? I am pretty comfortable walking to Terra Linda or NG.

And how good is the dinner?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Grandnash84
05-09-14, 06:10
New Garden is my first choice, but its not available for my dates. I have stayed a few times at Terra Linda, I know the place. Never stayed at Casa Cayena, but the breakfast / dinner included for $62 and onsite chicas make it look good, plus all your reviews. It looks little bit farther from the strip.

How good are chicas there, quality and quanity, is it similar to NG? Any issues walking there late at night? I am pretty comfortable walking to Terra Linda or NG.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.Terra linda is only a block away from casa cayana

TomJackin
05-09-14, 06:18

Thanks in advance for your opinions.Both the breakfast and dinner are quite good. I have been at CC my last 4 trips, at this point, I would not stay anywhere else. I never stayed at TL, so I can't really comment on the place.

Lakeside32
05-09-14, 15:47
I'm 100 % sold on Casa Cayena, but I'm trying to arrive on a Fri, so I'm guessing I would need a reservation. I've read up on the threads here and sho nuff if your on their website it redirects you to a bs message about how there full on your dates. So how exactly would you go about making a reservation with them?

Kman1
05-12-14, 12:09
Thanks for the responses Tom and Grandnash. I arrived and checked at New Garden first and they did have a room, got the same room I got the last n trips. I've never stayed in another room here. Terra Linda is the same way, they always book me in the same room. Lakeside32, do not despair, though they say no room in emails, once you arrive please check, most likely it will work out. I did check at Casa Cayena last Fri and they had a couple of rooms. Buy my NG room is like my home away from home, so I decided to camp here. No chicas on site at New Garden nor Casa Cayena (when I checked it out). This is a big change.

Also daytime action seems to be slow in Sosua, no chica spottings until 3 or 4 pm. This is all new to me, haven't been here in close to 3 years and things did change. No more Classicos, Merengue is the place, its much bigger than classicos, feels like a wholesale joint and clearly lacks the Classicos touch IMHO. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Manizales911
05-12-14, 15:49
Also daytime action seems to be slow in Sosua, no chica spottings until 3 or 4 pm. This is all new to me, haven't been here in close to 3 years and things did change. No more Classicos, Merengue is the place, its much bigger than classicos, feels like a wholesale joint and clearly lacks the Classicos touch IMHO. Maybe I just need to get used to it.If you want daytime action just go to Sosua beach and hang out at one of the known hangouts, plenty of girls there.

Manizales911
05-12-14, 15:51
Both the breakfast and dinner are quite good. I have been at CC my last 4 trips, at this point, I would not stay anywhere else. I never stayed at TL, so I can't really comment on the place.You wouldn't want to stay at Terra Linda anyway Tomjackin, they don't allow you to take more than one girl to your room and that would be a no deal for you, I know you like threesomes way too much!

TomJackin
05-12-14, 20:16
I'm 100 % sold on Casa Cayena, but I'm trying to arrive on a Fri, so I'm guessing I would need a reservation. I've read up on the threads here and sho nuff if your on their website it redirects you to a bs message about how there full on your dates. So how exactly would you go about making a reservation with them?I just sent you a PM with the correct Web site.

Haunted
05-15-14, 02:21
Also looking at Casa Cayena and New Garden but CC says unavailable for my travel dates, and NG has no info available at all.

This if first trip to DR, although I've been in the hobby for years, but minimal chica experience (SXM and Aruba only).

I see the previous post that CC will have rooms open regardless of website info.

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas?

Thanks for the help!

TomJackin
05-15-14, 06:29
Also looking at Casa Cayena and New Garden but CC says unavailable for my travel dates, and NG has no info available at all.

This if first trip to DR, although I've been in the hobby for years, but minimal chica experience (SXM and Aruba only).

I see the previous post that CC will have rooms open regardless of website info.

Thanks for the help!Send Wilfried an e-mail.

Charles Pooter
05-15-14, 13:58
I've been in the hobby for years, but minimal chica experience ....???? You were mainly interested in chicos?

Haunted
05-15-14, 14:06
???? You were mainly interested in chicos?Hell nah! LOL. I meant non-latina. Actually mostly black girls.

BoricuaOnline
05-16-14, 01:55
I am going to stay at Cayena from May 19 to 22. Price $62 with breakfast and dinner. After reading lots of great reviews I decided for Cayena. I wrote an email to Winfried there was a room available. I have a couple of girls set for GFE plus any girl I can meet there for short term.

Puntz79
05-16-14, 03:15
Seems like these three have been mentioned the most in recent posts. I've stayed at all three before.

Most convenient location wise (closest to the strip) is Terra Linda. But New Garden is right next door to TL, and CC is just one block down. If one wants to go to the beach, CC is just a few minutes from Playa Alicia which is a nice and quiet beach. Even though CC is a block down, I never had an issue with the extra three or four minute walk. Really all of these hotels are within walking distance of the strip.

Room quality, no one should expect four or five star quality rooms here. But they are all clean places. When I stayed at NG, I had an ant problem in my room and the A / see started to leak bad. Staff came to check the A / see and said they couldn't do anything about it until the next day (the leak became a problem in the evening when I alerted them). Bed quality...if that even matters, I'd have to say TL gets the edge. CC rooms felt a little older, probably due to the old TV I had in my room but I've read that they are replacing them with flat screen LCD TV's. But chances are you're not sticking around to watch TV in Sosua. In terms of safety, all three have security and all chicas must give their cedulas at the front desk or to the security guard.

Value for the money, CC gets this. Then NG, and then TL. TL is the most expensive of these, and while all three have breakfast included...CC includes dinner and and overall it's more cost-effective than the others. So all three are good options in Sosua, the staff at CC were most friendly but I've never really come across bad service at either of these hotels. On my next stay, I could pick CC or NG, or TL if no rooms are available at the others. The best bang for the buck, as others have indicated...you cannot go wrong with Casa Cayena. And Wilfried is great and makes you feel like a valued guest.

Combo
05-16-14, 03:37
I've also stayed at all three and I'd definitely choose CC or NG over TL. TL is way overpriced and not very friendly. However, if a quiet atmostphere is really important to you, TL does has an advantage there. Definitely more low-key than either CC or NG. If you want quiet, Casa Valeria is even moreso than Terra Linda. All these places have great locations.

Kman1
05-16-14, 05:09
TL is $69 without breakfast and $79 with. That crappy breakfast is not worth 10 $. New Garden has no more girls and its a little boring now. I had not seen chicas at Casa Cayena, not sure if they hang out there during the day. A fellow monger staying at Sea Breeze mentioned that there are chicas at the bar and pool there during the day. I havent checked that place in a long time, last time I was there the room I was shown was a complete dump. Rumba starts around 4 pm and maybe there are girls at the beach earlier but I don't believe there is a whole lot now. After 4 things are fine, its game on.

TomJackin
05-16-14, 06:33

Thanks for the help!Here is the map I promised on the PM.

BoricuaOnline
05-17-14, 03:51
TL is $69 without breakfast and $79 with. That crappy breakfast is not worth 10 $. New Garden has no more girls and its a little boring now. I had not seen chicas at Casa Cayena, not sure if they hang out there during the day. A fellow monger staying at Sea Breeze mentioned that there are chicas at the bar and pool there during the day. I havent checked that place in a long time, last time I was there the room I was shown was a complete dump. Rumba starts around 4 pm and maybe there are girls at the beach earlier but I don't believe there is a whole lot now. After 4 things are fine, its game on.I did not like Sea Breeze when I visited over a year ago. A dump as you described. I had a bad experience there with a chica, I was under the impression that security and the girl were connected. Some people like the place because of gated parking, El Rancho was a lot better for me.

Lakeside32
05-17-14, 15:41
Thanks fellas for all the help on the hotels. Funny as it seems I've been coming down to the RD since 2009 and the Seabreeze is the only place I've used, the "breeze" has served its purpose and I'm guessing that's all you can expect for 40 bucks. But I'm making a trip for my birthday in July so I'm going to try and use CC, and TL. But the new question I have is, are there any chica friendly hotels close to the beach with a view of the bay / ocean, I've tried to have sex on the beach in the RD and haven't any success yet, so I guess a room with a view will do... I've researched the whole Sosua Bay debacle and it has me confused as hell. I'm guessing the Victorian House and or the Topazio Azul are the only ones available, from what I've read, but if someone on the ground there could explain I would appreciate it greatly.

Tempoecorto
05-18-14, 03:32
I've tried to have sex on the beach in the RD and haven't any success yetI stayed at Hotel Coco in September last year. They have access to a "private beach", but there are other outsiders who can get in through some other route. Anyway, the day I went there, I went to the beach with the woman I stayed with (I came with from another town). There were only a few women with children in the water and other than that there was no one. The woman I was with rode me while we were in the water, very stimulating first time experience for me. The problem is that she like most women there do not know how to swim. Anyway, if you stayed until darkness falls and there is no one, you might be able to swing it on the beach. Having said that I wonder how good it is with sand kicked around, can be irritating. Salt water can be equally so but we did not rub for a long time for that to be an issue. I am told by experienced women that rivers are the best bet.

Coco is a good place, facility and price wise ($30), but it is not close to the town center. I had a car.

Haunted
05-18-14, 23:18
Trying to find some info on cabanas, or something where I can rent rooms for a few hours.

Only thing I've found so far is possibly Dulce Secreto?

Any info? Wondering what the rates would be, cleanliness, accessibility.

If I was to be partaking in say 3 different girls a day, times 4 days, would it be better just to rent a hotel room?

Charles Pooter
05-19-14, 00:30
Trying to find some info on cabanas, or something where I can rent rooms for a few hours.

Only thing I've found so far is possibly Dulce Secreto?

Any info? Wondering what the rates would be, cleanliness, accessibility.

If I was to be partaking in say 3 different girls a day, times 4 days, would it be better just to rent a hotel room?Dulce Secreto is the only one in Sosua. There is also one in Los Cangrejos, which I imagine is cheaper and scruffier.

I am guessing Dulce Secreto is 800? Pesos for 3? Hours. It is clean and comfortable. They offer drinks and snacks at reasonable prices. Also condoms, but you would be advised to take "First World" condoms with you. Most people complain about Dominican condoms. Not sure what you mean by "accessibility"? Take a short moto ride there. If you mean "availability", I should imagine there will always be a room free as summer is the quiet season for tourism. Maybe not Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights, but I understand you will only be venturing out in the daylight? You may be haunted but you are no Dracula.

Lots of cabanas in Puerto Plata (from 600 to 1000 pesos) but all strung out along the main road to the west of the city. Inconvenient for Iberostar or Playa Dorada.

You could save a bit using a cheap hotel room for four days, but it would not be as comfortable and you would lose flexibility. Going to Sosua four days running to fuck three girls all in the daytime? Sounds like work to me! Lighten up, Francis!

Llttf
05-19-14, 01:20
Dulce Secreto is the only one in Sosua. There is also one in Los Cangrejos, which I imagine is cheaper and scruffier.

I am guessing Dulce Secreto is 800? Pesos for 3? Hours. It is clean and comfortable. They offer drinks and snacks at reasonable prices. Also condoms, but you would be advised to take "First World" condoms with you. Most people complain about Dominican condoms. Not sure what you mean by "accessibility"? Take a short moto ride there. If you mean "availability", I should imagine there will always be a room free as summer is the quiet season for tourism. Maybe not Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights, but I understand you will only be venturing out in the daylight? You may be haunted but you are no Dracula.

Lots of cabanas in Puerto Plata (from 600 to 1000 pesos) but all strung out along the main road to the west of the city. Inconvenient for Iberostar or Playa Dorada.

You could save a bit using a cheap hotel room for four days, but it would not be as comfortable and you would lose flexibility. Going to Sosua four days running to fuck three girls all in the daytime? Sounds like work to me! Lighten up, Francis!Dulce Secreto rooms are priced at 600 ($15), 700 ($17) and 800 ($20) pesos. If you are looking to use one several times a day it would be cheaper to rent a room at Rockys ($30) or Sea Breeze ($40).

Kman1
05-19-14, 04:45
Thanks fellas for all the help on the hotels. Funny as it seems I've been coming down to the RD since 2009 and the Seabreeze is the only place I've used, the "breeze" has served its purpose and I'm guessing that's all you can expect for 40 bucks. But I'm making a trip for my birthday in July so I'm going to try and use CC, and TL. But the new question I have is, are there any chica friendly hotels close to the beach with a view of the bay / ocean, I've tried to have sex on the beach in the RD and haven't any success yet, so I guess a room with a view will do... I've researched the whole Sosua Bay debacle and it has me confused as hell. I'm guessing the Victorian House and or the Topazio Azul are the only ones available, from what I've read, but if someone on the ground there could explain I would appreciate it greatly.Victorian house has a nice and serene ocean view restaurant. Its a nice place to relax for a while, though the food is so so, I ordered their seafood gumbo. Their menu boasts its the only place in Sosua to serve bourbon food, I have had a lot better. But the views are nice and its a great place to take a chica. I don't think their rooms are guest friendly, Sosua bay used to have guest friendly wing, not sure now.

Combo
05-19-14, 12:51
Such a shame that no one can keep Sosua Bay running and in good condition. It's such a perfect location.

Haunted
05-19-14, 15:20
Dulce Secreto is the only one in Sosua. There is also one in Los Cangrejos, which I imagine is cheaper and scruffier.

You could save a bit using a cheap hotel room for four days, but it would not be as comfortable and you would lose flexibility. Going to Sosua four days running to fuck three girls all in the daytime? Sounds like work to me! Lighten up, Francis!Yes all activities will be pretty much between 1-7 pm, and we are there just during the weekdays.

If there are lots of cabans in PP, does that mean there's lots of action to be had there too?

I hope the working girls aren't obvious in PP, if wifey sees that she will likely get very suspect.

With regards to my anticipated sport, well, I figure I've got 2 nuts a days and I figure I'll get at least 1-2 shitty fucks. I'm not going to waste a nut on them, so I'm thinking it will take about 3-4 girls to get two good pops!

Haunted
05-19-14, 15:22
Dulce Secreto rooms are priced at 600 ($15), 700 ($17) and 800 ($20) pesos. If you are looking to use one several times a day it would be cheaper to rent a room at Rockys ($30) or Sea Breeze ($40).Thanks Llttf.

I think I'll start with Dulce Secreto.

If I find a girl or two I like, or if I'm having good luck with good performers then maybe I'll rent a room for a day or two.

OldKool
05-19-14, 18:08
Hotels are almost all chica friendly so cabanas are not really needed. You are making something very simple complicated.

Thanks Llttf.

I think I'll start with Dulce Secreto.

If I find a girl or two I like, or if I'm having good luck with good performers then maybe I'll rent a room for a day or two.

Charles Pooter
05-19-14, 20:58
Hotels are almost all chica friendly so cabanas are not really needed. You are making something very simple complicated.You missed the point. He is staying in Playa Dorada with his wife!

Charles Pooter
05-19-14, 21:28
If there are lots of cabanas in PP, does that mean there's lots of action to be had there too?Yes, but the action and the cabanas are for Dominicans and ex-pats who already have chicas lined up. The only point-and-click place you are guaranteed to find good-looking chicas is Cristal, which charges silly prices. Why go there when you have chicas of equal quality (and sometimes the very same chicas) opposite where you are staying for half the price? And before some fool posts there is more choice at Cristal, remind them you are only allowed off the leash in daylight and Cristal doesn't really get going until 9.00 pm at the earliest.

Like OldKool wrote, you are making things unnecessarily complicated.

I hope the working girls aren't obvious in PP, if wifey sees that she will likely get very suspect.No working girls are not allowed into Playa Dorada if they look like obvious working girls, and you will have no problem in Pto Pta. It is a normal working city. No girl will approach you if you are with a gringa.

Sosua is slightly different, but even there it is pretty innocent in day-time.

With regards to my anticipated sport, well, I figure I've got 2 nuts a days and I figure I'll get at least 1-2 shitty fucks. I'm not going to waste a nut on them, so I'm thinking it will take about 3-4 girls to get two good pops!You are too pessimistic. If you go to Field of Dreams and pick a girl who gives you a hard-on, I guarantee you won't fail to nut. It is their job to make sure you do. You should be aiming at three chicas a day, three nuts. Usual wisdom is 70% of sessions are satisfying and worth the money, 15% are memorable, and these chicas you will want again if available, and 15% are disappointing, But at least at Field of Dreams or Blackbeards you won't get scammed (chica on the rag, leaves early, won't do what is agreed, etc).

Getting the most out of your trip is one thing, but trying to do too much and putting yourself under pressure with a scoreboard could devalue your trip. There is always next time (hopefully without the wife).

One thing you may be overlooking is the heat and humidity here. It slows everything down. If you are not laid back and patient you will have a hard time.

In Sosua it is more of a crap-shoot as you have no-one to complain to. It takes most guys one or two trips to learn how to protect themselves, choose the right chicas, get their moneysworth, and avoid other scams. Some guys never learn after twenty trips. Once you learn it is maybe more satisfying to fuck the "free-range" putas in Sosua than the battery hens at FoD or BB, but you don't have much time with four short days and your wife looking over your shoulder.

Incidentally, and this is rather personal so don't respond if you don't want to. How come your wife is happy to let you fuck off all day and do your own thing? You are obviously not leading "separate lives" as you are worried about her being suspicious. I assumed she was planning to stay at the hotel and get laid by a sankey-pankey, but it seems from that remark of yours that is not the case.

Charles Pooter
05-19-14, 21:41
Sosua Bay used to have guest friendly wing, not sure now.I thought it was completely closed now? I could be wrong.

Kman1
05-20-14, 03:24
I thought it was completely closed now? I could be wrong.I think its closed too. That's why I couldn't find the entrance anymore while walking to Victorian house.

Amocuba
05-23-14, 21:15
Has anyone stayed at Hotel Plaza Europa lately? Their website offers rooms at $34/ night plus tax. Lots of amenities. I know it's an older property but maybe someone has recent experience / photos to share.

http://www.hotelplazaeuropa.com/

PRICES.

1-21 Nights (lodging) 34 US $ / night (1 or 2 persons).

22-30 Nights (flat rate) 635 US $ / total ($750 US with tax).

Additional third person at same time in same apartment US $15.00/ day.

Late check-in (after midnight) 15% discount.

All prices plus 18% taxes.

All Apartments including:

32" Flat Screen TV with over 200 channels including prime channels (HBO, Cinemax, etc). And some adult channels free of charge.

Air conditioning.

Kitchenette with microwave oven.

Balcony overlooking the pool.

King size beds.

Security locks.

Hair dryer.

Iron and ironing board.

Daily change of towels / 3 days per week room cleaning.

24 hour electricity.

Use of pool and outdoor Jacuzzi.

24/7 Reception and Security.

Private safety box in your room.

Free parking for cars and motorcycles we accept all major credit cards (in Dominican Pesos).

Adult visitors are welcome with photo I'd.

Coffee, mineral water and muffins are free every day!

ConquerorVal
06-03-14, 23:48
Stayed here for a week, and I highly recommend it. The location is absolutely perfect. Close to the beaches, gym, bank, stores, laundry across the street, and even chicas coming through. The staff and Wilfried were always cordial and helpful. Had a breakfast and dinner here every day, and its all you really need to eat I may have actually gained some weight. Also, unlike NG, couple of times I have asked for breakfast way past eleven o'clock and it was no problem. For a single traveller I also liked the set up better than at the NG, because there were more smaller tables to accommodate one or two people. There is also a comfortable lobby. The wi-fi is one of the best I have ever experienced, and also the TV has couple of adult channels to get you in the mood if required. I stayed in room 101, which was fantastic and appreciated by the ladies. Lots of mirrors and space. Even the airport pick up was $20.00 as opposed to $25.00 offered by NG. During my next stay, hopefully not too far in the future, I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

Bimmy5
06-15-14, 01:56
The New Garden website is down completely. Anyone have any idea about what is going on and how I can contact?

Lou32
06-15-14, 09:40
I am booking a room for next month and was quoted $62 by Wilfred. Is there a discount for board members that could push that rate down into the $50's?

Thanks

Figured I'd post this in the correct section this time, LOL!

Surfer500
06-15-14, 19:33
Stayed here for a week, and I highly recommend it. The location is absolutely perfect. Close to the beaches, gym, bank, stores, laundry across the street, and even chicas coming through. The staff and Wilfried were always cordial and helpful. Had a breakfast and dinner here every day, and its all you really need to eat I may have actually gained some weight. Also, unlike NG, couple of times I have asked for breakfast way past eleven o'clock and it was no problem. For a single traveller I also liked the set up better than at the NG, because there were more smaller tables to accommodate one or two people. There is also a comfortable lobby. The wi-fi is one of the best I have ever experienced, and also the TV has couple of adult channels to get you in the mood if required. I stayed in room 101, which was fantastic and appreciated by the ladies. Lots of mirrors and space. Even the airport pick up was $20.00 as opposed to $25.00 offered by NG. During my next stay, hopefully not too far in the future, I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.I have been here almost three weeks now and concur with your assesment of the hotel.

Haunted
06-15-14, 23:18
Thanks for the all the reports.

I'm slowly planning a return trip next month (hopefully).

This time solo, and will be staying in Sosua.

Yes. I def got bit by the DR bug.

GrownMan1
06-16-14, 04:04
Has anyone stayed at Hotel Plaza Europa lately? Their website offers rooms at $34/ night plus tax. Lots of amenities. I know it's an older property but maybe someone has recent experience / photos to share.

http://www.hotelplazaeuropa.com/

PRICES.

1-21 Nights (lodging) 34 US $ / night (1 or 2 persons).

22-30 Nights (flat rate) 635 US $ / total ($750 US with tax).

Additional third person at same time in same apartment US $15.00/ day.

Late check-in (after midnight) 15% discount.

All prices plus 18% taxes.

All Apartments including:

32" Flat Screen TV with over 200 channels including prime channels (HBO, Cinemax, etc). And some adult channels free of charge.

Air conditioning.

Kitchenette with microwave oven.

Balcony overlooking the pool.

King size beds.

Security locks.

Hair dryer.

Iron and ironing board.

Daily change of towels / 3 days per week room cleaning.

24 hour electricity.

Use of pool and outdoor Jacuzzi.

24/7 Reception and Security.

Private safety box in your room.

Free parking for cars and motorcycles we accept all major credit cards (in Dominican Pesos).

Adult visitors are welcome with photo I'd.

Coffee, mineral water and muffins are free every day!My favorite place in Sosua.

Surfer500
06-16-14, 19:47
My favorite place in Sosua.Sorry Grown Man but I found the rooms to be claustrophobic for a high roller like me staying by Alicia Beach at Casa Cayena. It is a good value though if your on a budget.

Haunted
06-28-14, 17:28
So things are looking good for a return trip to Sosua in July.

Just wondering thoughts on hotels.

So far I'm thinking about Casa Cayena or Casa Linda.

Comfort and budget are probably the top 2 priorities.

Obviously it must be chica friendly.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Questner
06-29-14, 04:31
So things are looking good for a return trip to Sosua in July.

Just wondering thoughts on hotels.

So far I'm thinking about Casa Cayena or Casa Linda.

Comfort and budget are probably the top 2 priorities.

Obviously it must be chica friendly.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.CC. Location, CL. Comfort. BTW How much have you been quoted at Casa Linda?

You69Me
06-29-14, 12:53
Can anyone recommend this place.

Sosua Hotel Restaurant Waterfront.

waterfrontrestaurantdr.com

Does anyone know the prices of this place.

Haunted
06-29-14, 16:31
CC. Location, CL. Comfort. BTW How much have you been quoted at Casa Linda?Thanks for the info.

Location isn't a factor for me really. Probably even prefer the distance the CL.

I haven't check with CL officially for a price, but just noticed last night online (expedia) that rates are much higher than what I was expecting!

I was hoping for something in the 70 USD range. Is this realistic?

Llttf
06-29-14, 20:08
Can anyone recommend this place.

Sosua Hotel Restaurant Waterfront.

waterfrontrestaurantdr.com

Does anyone know the prices of this place.The hotel was torn down a couple of years ago. The restaurant is still open.

Casa Cayena is just up the street from there.

Questner
06-30-14, 04:59
Thanks for the info.

Location isn't a factor for me really. Probably even prefer the distance the CL.

I haven't check with CL officially for a price, but just noticed last night online (expedia) that rates are much higher than what I was expecting!

I was hoping for something in the 70 USD range. Is this realistic?Yes, also it's a low season. BTW, both CC and CL are not budget options.

Puntz79
06-30-14, 07:24
When looking for hotels to book, I narrowed it down to my regulars. New Garden, Casa Cayena, and Terra Linda.

Then I found a property that didn't see familiar to me. Urban Cabana. It appears that it's right next to Rocky's restaurant on DR Rosen. Last time I remember passing by this area, it seemed closed or under construction. So this hotel must have opened up within the last 3 months I'm assuming. The pics on the site, and their facebook page look pretty good and the pricing is not much different than if I were to stay at New Garden. I might. Might take a chance on this. I'm always hesitant with new hotels, and places like CC and NG are safe choices as I've had experience with both and there are numerous reviews on them. I'll have to report back on my findings. .

Haunted
06-30-14, 18:44
Yes, also it's a low season. BTW, both CC and CL are not budget options.Any recommendations for the 70 ish price range then?

Oh BTW, I saw some rates for CL at around 100 USD / night.

Also saw some rates for CC at around the 70 USD / night.

Thanks!

You69Me
07-01-14, 02:42
We have referred you to Hotel New Garden http://www.hotelnewgarden.com/ , which we highly recommend, because at this time we are experiencing a legal issue and do not have access to availability for the time requested. Please contact Hotel New Garden Hotel at 809-571-1557 and they will be happy to accommodate you.

Cayena Management.

Questner
07-01-14, 04:43
Any recommendations for the 70 ish price range then?

Oh BTW, I saw some rates for CL at around 100 USD / night.

Also saw some rates for CC at around the 70 USD / night.

Thanks!That is a likely daily Terra Linda rate. TL has got one visitor at a time policy. Another suggestion is to contact marketing guys for the Victorian House. Rates are dependant on the suite. VH is a spectacular location. Don't book online, contact hotels directly or people who market and / or manage rental sales, ask for a discount and pay cash. Season, length of stay, suite quality etc all will influence a quote. CC daily has to be 60 USD. CL monthly has to be like $800 USD + maybe hydro. Again, location is everything in my view. For 70-100 range I would check out Hispaniola properties, maybe there is something.

Dick Hertz
07-02-14, 03:35
Do anyone know about the Las Margaritas hotel. I am planning a trip to the DR and this hotel caught my interest. If anyone can tell me the guest policies I would be grateful. The one thing I dislike is when you check google map, agoda.com, or expedia they all have a different location for the hotel.

Coole Mr
07-02-14, 03:49
Do anyone know about the Las Margaritas hotel. I am planning a trip to the DR and this hotel caught my interest. If anyone can tell me the guest policies I would be grateful. The one thing I dislike is when you check google map, agoda.com, or expedia they all have a different location for the hotel.Stayed there October last year, no frills hotel. Bed, shower, TV, AC. A lot of folks from Europe when I was there. No problems with guest as long as they have ID. Security at the front gate.

Questner
07-02-14, 06:14
Do anyone know about the Las Margaritas hotel. I am planning a trip to the DR and this hotel caught my interest. If anyone can tell me the guest policies I would be grateful. The one thing I dislike is when you check google map, agoda.com, or expedia they all have a different location for the hotel.http://www.lasmargaritashotel.com/

Location is the site above. Book directly, like everything else. Decent location. Guest friendly for sure, but contact them for exact policies.

Surfer500
07-02-14, 18:07
We have referred you to Hotel New Garden http://www.hotelnewgarden.com/ , which we highly recommend, because at this time we are experiencing a legal issue and do not have access to availability for the time requested. Please contact Hotel New Garden Hotel at 809-571-1557 and they will be happy to accommodate you.

Cayena Management.This is a complete fraud being supported by New Garden to steer people away from Casa Cayena to New Garden. There are no "legal issues" preventing Casa Cayena from not being able access availability of rooms. Contact Wilfred who will bend over backwards to accommodate your room request. Also check the "Trip Advisor" reports for unbiased reviews of this establishment.

Member #4351
07-02-14, 22:50
I recently stayed at CC. I have previously stayed at three other establishments in Sosua and CC was the best.

Llttf
07-03-14, 02:32
This is a complete fraud being supported by New Garden to steer people away from Casa Cayena to New Garden. There are no "legal issues" preventing Casa Cayena from not being able access availability of rooms. Contact Wilfred who will bend over backwards to accommodate your room request. Also check the "Trip Advisor" reports for unbiased reviews of this establishment.I always thought Lorenzo, the owner of New Garden, was a straight up kind of guy. It surprises me that he has had to to resort to this kind of tactic to generate business.

ILikeBigButts3
07-03-14, 02:36
I recently stayed at CC. I have previously stayed at three other establishments in Sosua and CC was the best.Explain why, if you would.

Sabor
07-03-14, 02:37

Cayena Management.Really? This is complete BS. Can't believe someone would stoop to this level. CC is still the best place to go. Wilfried is the best host I have ever encountered in a foriegn country!

I actually wish I could live there and Willy is a great Chef. He'll cook you a horse if you asked him to. Disregard any negative remarks conserning CC, just plain BS!

Sabor
07-03-14, 02:39
I always thought Lorenzo, the owner of New Garden, was a straight up kind of guy. It surprises me that he has had to to resort to this kind of tactic to generate business.Me niether but it would not surprise me from the other half!

Boriman
07-03-14, 07:17
I always thought Lorenzo, the owner of New Garden, was a straight up kind of guy. It surprises me that he has had to to resort to this kind of tactic to generate business.As many know Wilfred used to work for Lorenzo. The arrangement did not end amicably so anything between New Garden and Casa Cayena is not to be trusted. I have nothing against Lorenzo but felt bad for Wilfred, who I always found to be a charming person.

Also, if there was a fallout between the two gentlemen then why should one hotel refer customers to the other hotel?

TomJackin
07-03-14, 08:55
Me niether but it would not surprise me from the other half!CC is taking business from NG, does not take a fucking rocket scientist to figure out who is doing the dirty work. NG is pissed; so be it! CC is more quiet, no fucking dogs running around barking in the morning, and CC is on the quiet side of the street.

It is a better option for me, to say the least.

Member #4351
07-03-14, 19:18
Explain why, if you would.1. Location.

2. Room, hot water and A/C.

3. Extremely GF.

4. Good coffee, friendly waitresses and OK breakfast. Good Pollo Cordon Blu for dinner.

5. Three porn channels on the TV.

6. The guy in charge is well organized and efficient, his ethnicity helps.

7. Local CC "skanks" available. Some not bad at all IMHO.

Lou32
07-03-14, 23:54
1. Location.

2. Room, hot water and A/C.

3. Extremely GF.

4. Good coffee, friendly waitresses and OK breakfast. Good Pollo Cordon Blu for dinner.

5. Three porn channels on the TV.

6. The guy in charge is well organized and efficient, his ethnicity helps.

7. Local CC "skanks" available. Some not bad at all IMHO.CC has "on-site" chicas? Interesting. And good to know!

Member #4351
07-04-14, 00:01
CC has "on-site" chicas? Interesting. And good to know!Surfer500 wrote about the "skanks" in one of his excellent Sosua and CC posts.

I was not as lucky as he was and didn't find any GFE, nice DC girls, or wife-up material during my trip. I also left about 10 lbs heavier and generally pissed off about my Sosua stay. BUT, the negatives were mostly my fault and the CC was a fine place to stay.

Surfer500
07-04-14, 04:27
CC has "on-site" chicas? Interesting. And good to know!They are not "on-site chicas" but chicas who troll the Hotel looking for clients. They also make the rounds at New Garden and know some of the staff at CC. There's a few that are attractive but most of them have big butts which is not my cup of tea. Some of them are also kind of pests and I refer to them as skanks which some on this board have taken offense to.

Lou32
07-04-14, 10:34
They are not "on-site chicas" but chicas who troll the Hotel looking for clients. They also make the rounds at New Garden and know some of the staff at CC. There's a few that are attractive but most of them have big butts which is not my cup of tea. Some of them are also kind of pests and I refer to them as skanks which some on this board have taken offense to.OK, thanks for the clarification.

By "big butts". Do you mean "big" like Jennifer Lopez or "big" like Nell Carter?

Member #4351
07-04-14, 15:33
chicas who troll the Hotel looking for clients. They also make the rounds at New Garden and know some of the staff at CC. They get tipped off when a new guest or guests arrive. I took one and she was the most honest girl and gave me my best experience during this Sosua trip (which wasn't saying much). I'm suspect that they have to take care there aren't any complaints which would end up with them being 86'd. Wilfredo I'm sure, will happily boot anyone who makes any trouble.

Surfer500
07-04-14, 17:33
OK, thanks for the clarification.

By "big butts". Do you mean "big" like Jennifer Lopez or "big" like Nell Carter?Bigger than Jennifer Lopez.

RonnyRon
07-04-14, 17:55
Bigger than Jennifer Lopez.And you will pretty much have it right.

RR.

Lou32
07-04-14, 23:15
Bigger than Jennifer Lopez.OK fat is bad but firm round bottom on a relatively trim woman is good.

GrownMan1
07-05-14, 00:34
OK fat is bad but firm round bottom on a relatively trim woman is good.Surfer likes little asses, short hair, small breast and Adams apples. The dude he left on the strip would give any tranny a run for his money.

Surfer500
07-05-14, 01:27
Surfer likes little asses, short hair, small breast and Adams apples. The dude he left on the strip would give any tranny a run for his money.And you forgot to mention the hairy chests and mandatory eye patch!

ThunderDownUnder
07-10-14, 23:39
June 30th at least 4 rooms were broken into on the same floor and robbed of cash, jewelry, phones and other personal items. No forced entry into rooms but all the safes were pried open.

The crime took place from between 9:30 and 11:30 pm No forced entry and knowing exactly when the guests left for the evening is being ascertained that it was an "inside job".

Police and head of the outsourced security investigated the next morning however nothing transpired or appears to be happening.

Haunted
07-19-14, 11:06
Anyone stay at casa Linda recently? Just wondering if the direct booking rates are a lot cheaper than the online ones.

Also looking at Casa Cayena.

What would be the next step up from CC in terms of comfort?

Thanks

Lou32
07-19-14, 19:13
Anyone stay at casa Linda recently? Just wondering if the direct booking rates are a lot cheaper than the online ones.

Also looking at Casa Cayena.

What would be the next step up from CC in terms of comfort?

ThanksStayed at CC last weekend.

I would stay again but they need to do something about all of the tiny bugs. They were absolutely everywhere.

Also, washcloths and at least one large wastebasket would be nice.

But overall I liked the hotel.

Haunted
07-19-14, 22:37
At Casa Cayena, any particular rooms to try and get, or rooms to avoid?

How about which floor to take?

Solid internet would be important if this affects preferred room location.

Thanks

Ipanema Carioca
07-25-14, 11:05
Recent stay, but issues is the same per 4 year period under previous administrations. The Victoria House has constant water and electrical issues. The water is either too hot or too cold. Then at times, the water is shut off without warning. I had to wait 3 hours in my room to get water. I killed my whole last day.

Then beware of their 18% credit card rate. Terra Linda's is 85. However, Victoria House requires total stay bill up front. If you pay cash you have no refund recourse like a credit card would give. For example, if you read online about the original name of the hotel, Sosua Bay Resort, the hotel was closed with guests still on property and they had to find another hotel, but they were at a lost for paying cash.

The hotel is at a great location and has the best view in Sosua of Sosua beach, but it is poorly administrated and lacks security. Why did a taxi driver come knocking on my door. There are no phones or means to communicate with the front desk or management in case of an emergency. I've tried to bare with this property, but I'm done.

Ipanema Carioca
07-25-14, 15:58
Then beware of their 18% credit card rate. Terra Linda's is 8%.Correction: I meant to say the Terra Linda credit card fee is 8% in comparison.

Combo
07-25-14, 17:26
Recent stay, but issues is the same per 4 year period under previous administrations. The Victoria House has constant water and electrical issues. The water is either too hot or too cold. Then at times, the water is shut off without warning. I had to wait 3 hours in my room to get water. I killed my whole last day.

Then beware of their 18% credit card rate. Terra Linda's is 85. However, Victoria House requires total stay bill up front. If you pay cash you have no refund recourse like a credit card would give. For example, if you read online about the original name of the hotel, Sosua Bay Resort, the hotel was closed with guests still on property and they had to find another hotel, but they were at a lost for paying cash.

The hotel is at a great location and has the best view in Sosua of Sosua beach, but it is poorly administrated and lacks security. Why did a taxi driver come knocking on my door. There are no phones or means to communicate with the front desk or management in case of an emergency. I've tried to bare with this property, but I'm done.I really wish they'd get their shit together, because it's such a perfect location.

I stayed there years ago when it was still good. I've always wanted to go back, but the reports are always bad about the place. Que lastima.

Love Bite
08-03-14, 18:51
Anyone stay at this place?

Perla de Sosua Economy Vacation Rental Apartments.

Rwaters
08-07-14, 21:25
I sent an email over to Casacayenahotel.com. I received a response (as seen in previous posts) that due to legal issues they recommend me to New Garden.

When I tried the website hotelcasacayena.com to make a reservation--the form bounced back. I called the phone number on website and it is disconnected.

On tripadvisor, hotels.com etc. They all say Casa Cayena is sold out-no matter which date you enter.

What number should I call, or email or website can I use to make a reservation?

THanks.

Member #4351
08-07-14, 22:19
I sent an email over to Casacayenahotel.com. I received a response (as seen in previous posts) that due to legal issues they recommend me to New Garden.

When I tried the website hotelcasacayena.com to make a reservation--the form bounced back. I called the phone number on website and it is disconnected.

On tripadvisor, hotels.com etc. They all say Casa Cayena is sold out-no matter which date you enter.

What number should I call, or email or website can I use to make a reservation?

THanks.Try: hotelcasacayena@claro.net.do.

BoredInIN
08-12-14, 20:17
Anybody know some hotels or places that will do free airport pick up for a short stay? I am only doing 3 nights 4 days in Sosua and looking to save a little if possible and donate it to a sexy local. I am thinking I will just stay at Europa as I don't need anything fancy for just a few days. Any recommendations guys? BTW anybody going to be there the first week in September?

Brother P
08-13-14, 02:11
Anybody know some hotels or places that will do free airport pick up for a short stay? I am only doing 3 nights 4 days in Sosua and looking to save a little if possible and donate it to a sexy local. I am thinking I will just stay at Europa as I don't need anything fancy for just a few days. Any recommendations guys? BTW anybody going to be there the first week in September?The de pierdo does free pick up and drop off, breakfast included until 11. It's behind the old passions.

Love Bite
08-13-14, 03:00
The de pierdo does free pick up and drop off, breakfast included until 11. It's behind the old passions.Is this chica friendly hotel?

Charles Pooter
08-13-14, 14:23
Is this chica friendly hotel?The D'Piero is. But it is also a family hotel so use reasonable discretion. No revolving door chica policy or naked orgies in the pool.

Ipanema Carioca
08-15-14, 07:18
I really wish they'd get their shit together, because it's such a perfect location.

I stayed there years ago when it was still good. I've always wanted to go back, but the reports are always bad about the place. Que lastima.Very true Combo. It's that the owner, Armando, keeps leasing the property to amateur management.

KaneMyers718
08-15-14, 23:25
The 3 times I've been to Sosua I've stayed at the Casa Valeria. In my opinion it's perfect. 10 minutes walk to Sosua beach and 2 minutes from Rumbas and D'Latins. They are definitely Chica friendly the only downside it's only 1 guest at a time. They only have 11 rooms with a pool. The rooms have a mini bar which is great and convenient but a little pricey. If your the type that needs to roll with a gang of people the Casa Valeria might not be for you. The breakfast is delicious and free. I love how they have their tables setup, all the chicas which is in heavy rotation passing by could make eye contact with you. No chica can just walk on the premise without an escort. Some may feel that's a negative but I don't like how New Gardens let chicas just walk around, makes me feel like they have access to your room anytime they like. New Gardens is right next door if you want to mingle with the chicas that's just sitting by the bar. I'll be there the week of Sept 12th hopefully all the changes I've been reading haven't been bad, but a true monger adapts to his surroundings. So feel free to inbox me if anyone is going to be on deck the same time I'm there.

Tempoecorto
08-17-14, 03:13
The 3 times I've been to Sosua I've stayed at the Casa Valeria. In my opinion it's perfect. Having stayed at Casa Valeria one time, I agree with all your observations. Well appointed room, excellent food and no hassles with guests. The English Manager and the Dutch Asst Manager were both very nice.

AdultMancation
08-23-14, 22:39
http://www.perladesosua.com (Budget Guest Friendly, studio, one bedroom and two bedrooms apartment walking distance to everything in Sosua).

http://www.lomasmironas.com (High end party villa, on a half acre, car required).

http://www.rentavillas.com (contains a suite of owned, managed hotels, vacation rental condos and villas in Sosua).

http://www.drpartyvillas.com (Are villas in which party and locals are not only allowed encouraged).

And all owned by the company that owns Perla de Sosua.

Anyone stay at this place?

Perla de Sosua Economy Vacation Rental Apartments.

Beerdrinker
08-27-14, 08:50
Anyone have a recommendation for a villa I can rent by the month in walking distance to the action & beach in Sosua?

Grub1
09-08-14, 03:30
Can someone give me the low down on this place. I think I pass the entrance to it when I am in the neighborhood next to Sosua beach. Any and all info is welcome.

Grub1
09-08-14, 17:13

The hotel is at a great location and has the best view in Sosua of Sosua beach, but it is poorly administrated and lacks security. Why did a taxi driver come knocking on my door. There are no phones or means to communicate with the front desk or management in case of an emergency. I've tried to bare with this property, but I'm done.I agree with you they have a bad management. It is like you say it has the best view but is not worth the bullshit with the confusion.

Of the workers and management not working together to back up what they tell you. A lot of people in the DR will tell you 1 thing but do another. Always confirm what the deal is then reconfirm what the deal is then do it again repeat this until you are 100 percent sure everyone is on the same page or they might just do you any old way and tell you that the person you made the deal with just did not speak good English.

Boriman
10-29-14, 22:00
I did a round of the hotels in Sosua. Here is a breakdown and the prices for the cheapest rooms, per night. (the prices are during this time of the year. They might be higher other times of the year. Also, I am doing this all from memory).

Urban Cabana-$50-I had to go here twice since I could not find any workers the first time out. The room that was shown to me had a futon on a low platform.

Rockies-$27-$37 (depending on air conditioning). The only problem is that to get to the rooms you need to walk through the restaurant (there might be some other way but I didn't see it). There might be some noise issues since it is so close to the restaurant (it is in back of the restaurant). He also has condos for about $50 a night.

Hotel Orquidee-$31-$37 (depending on air conditioning) -rooms do not have safes but items can be stored in management's safe.

Terra Linda-$69-the best in terms of ambience. I was shown the A section (when one enters the pool area of Terra Linda it it the rooms straight ahead. To the right, beyond the pool, are the be rooms. They t end to be nicer and more expensive. Very quiet hotel. There is a restaurant at the front of the hotel (which, in some respects, I think is a bit pricey but food is very good) and you can order drinks while sitting poolside.

Complimentary breakfast.

Casa Valeria-about $54-11 rooms in the hotel. Quiet and a bit more cramp compared to most hotels (it is located between New Garden and Terra Linda). The room shown looked nice and spacious but I do recall they having smaller rooms. They have an attached, very small restaurant, and complimentary breakfast.

New Garden-$65-I looked around and did not see any chicas. I asked the worker and he said that they will be in later. They offer complimentary breakfast. Rooms are spacious. The new wing is really nice but more expensive. Today seems quiet but depending on the crowd it sometimes tends to have a frat house mentality. Also, having chicas on site has its own set of issues (good and bad).

Sea breeze-$40-the rooms do not tend to be so nice as the above mentioned hotels. Sometimes it can get a bit noisy but if you are on the upper floors you might not notice it.

Casa Cayena-$72-nice rooms and complimentary breakfast.

Casa Rancho-$50-similar to Casa Valeria.

Don Antonio, Las Palmeras-$30-rooms are one notch up from Calypso, but not by much. Very close to the action so can be noisy.

Citylights-$35-these appear to be offices converted to rooms. Quite spacious but can get noisy (Citylights bar is below and andéxt to the rooms.

Calypso-$20-got a chica and for whatever reasons you do not want to take her back to your hotel. Well, here is the place. 2 hours for 500 pesos. One night is $20. This is the worse of the lot. You are scraping the bottom of the barrel here.

Europa-$40-looks like a place that at one time was nice but is a bit run down. The rooms are spacious and nice.

The'Piero-$45-$55-the rooms look like apartments. The only drawback is that it is beyond The New York Bar and before Passions. It is out of the way and down a side street. Need to be careful getting there.

Perla de Sosua-$42-decent rooms for the price. Do not need Cedulas when bringing chicas on site. Tricky finding staff at night. Just ask owner for telephone number just in case you need him.

I did not check out Victoria House because of all the complaints. All the above hotels are chica friendly. I have not commented on the hot water or electricity issues of the hotels.

TomJackin
10-29-14, 22:13
I did a round of the hotels in Sosua. Here is a breakdown and the prices for the cheapest rooms, per night. (the prices are during this time of the year. They might be higher other times of the year. Also, I am doing this all from memory).

Casa Cayena-$72-nice rooms and complimentary breakfast.Good information.

BTW, Rates for CC:

Room Person Credit Card Cash US $.

Rate US $.

Bungalow 1 78.00 72.00.

Bungalow 2 94.00 88.00.

Standard Room 1 68.00 62.00.

Standard Room 2 84.00 78.00.

And comes with complimentary breakfast and dinner.

Boriman
10-29-14, 22:38
Thanks for the input, Tomjackin. Wilfred was not in at the time I went to Casa Cayena. I had to depend most of my information on asking the on site workers at most of these hotels. To some giving me the price of the cheapest room was a challenge. Other workers were annoyed that I even asked a question (Casa Valeria comes to mind). In other words, the information might vary depending on who is working at the time. I had to go to Urban Cabana more than once just to find a worker and inquire about rooms.

DrBadBoy
11-09-14, 01:47
Anybody know some hotels or places that will do free airport pick up for a short stay? I am only doing 3 nights 4 days in Sosua and looking to save a little if possible and donate it to a sexy local. I am thinking I will just stay at Europa as I don't need anything fancy for just a few days. Any recommendations guys? BTW anybody going to be there the first week in September?Blackbeards will pick you up from the airport and drop you off. They tend to be a bit more pricey but since your there for a short stay it will be worth it to have an all-inclusive stay. What I mean by all-inclusive is that the chicas are on-site.

Charles Pooter
11-09-14, 21:36
Blackbeards will pick you up from the airport and drop you off. They tend to be a bit more pricey but since your there for a short stay it will be worth it to have an all-inclusive stay. What I mean by all-inclusive is that the chicas are on-site.He asked about free pick-ups to Sosua.

(1) Blackbeards is not in Sosua.

(2) Their airport pick-ups are not free.

(3) He was coming in September so has been and gone by now.

Otherwise, great reply. :)

Durandpaul
11-23-14, 06:15
I am still trying to make up my mind on where to stay. I have few questions that would help me decide.

My short list is Casa Cayana (Bungalow), New Garden (New Wing) and Casa Valeria.

1. Which one got the best and second best WiFi?

2. Which one got the best and second mattress?

3. Does Casa Cayana have girls hanging by the pool? How does it compare to New Garden?

4. Does all of them have safes able to store a laptop?

5. Has anybody ever had two guests at the same time at casa Valeria? (I am planning one or two threesomes LOL).

Tempoecorto
11-23-14, 15:43
I am still trying to make up my mind on where to stay. I have few questions that would help me decide.

My short list is Casa Cayana (Bungalow), New Garden (New Wing) and Casa Valeria. I think your decision will depend on whether you are a party type or not, reading what I have read here. Having women on premises, I read was not such a good thing and in any case, there are women all over the town so to me, it is not even important.

I do not know the other two personally but I have stayed at casa valeria. It is the closest to the main street Ppedro Clissante) and I liked it a lot because it is small and quiet, rooms are nicely appointed, bed was very nice, the restaurant is excellent and I had no problem bringing in whoever. The Management was Dutch and English then and on one occasion when one invitee showed up, the English guy knocked on my door and told me, there is someone here for you. I cannot imagine them to be having any issues if you had two simultaneous guests. Can't speak of WiFi. In 2011, it was not an important thing but my laptop worked fine in bed if I recall.

Member #4351
11-23-14, 16:13
Durandpaul, almost all your posts have been asking for information but you don't want to support the forum with $19.95. I suggest you pay and then repeat your questions. If you can afford a trip to the D.R. you can find the $19.95.

WordUp
12-01-14, 18:48
I am planning a trip to Sousa this Summer and I want to stay st a nice, clean, modern hotel near the action.

I looking to get the most for my $$, but don't want to get ripped off.

I know it is posted, but I want to know you personal opinions. Likes & Dislikes.

Please Inbox Me, the Information, since you can be extremely open & honest there without being deleted.

THANK YOU!

Boriman
12-02-14, 07:04
I am planning a trip to Sousa this Summer and I want to stay st a nice, clean, modern hotel near the action.

I looking to get the most for my $$, but don't want to get ripped off.

I know it is posted, but I want to know you personal opinions. Likes & Dislikes.

Please Inbox Me, the Information, since you can be extremely open & honest there without being deleted.

THANK YOU!Just my take but something tells me that you would like either Terra Linda, Casa Cayena, or New Garden, in that order. They tend to be a little bit more expensive than the others but they should be fine. New Garden, though, can sometimes have a frat house mentality.

Member #4351
12-02-14, 15:36
Just my take but something tells me that you would like either Terra Linda, Casa Cayena, or New Garden, in that order. They tend to be a little bit more expensive than the others but they should be fine. New Garden, though, can sometimes have a frat house mentality.I used to always stay at Terra Linda, but the owners really don't like guys bringing back girls. The one with the dark dyed hair bad vibes mongers. They also tried to rip me off by giving me a shi* room and then attempting to charge me extra for the one I had reserved. I have since shifted to Casa Cayena and have no plans to change. Completely, 100% GF and the porn channels are also nice as are the girls who hang around, (better known as Surfer500´s skanks).

Surfer500
12-02-14, 16:03
I used to always stay at Terra Linda, but the owners really don't like guys bringing back girls. The one with the dark dyed hair bad vibes mongers. They also tried to rip me off by giving me a shi* room and then attempting to charge me extra for the one I had reserved. I have since shifted to Casa Cayena and have no plans to change. Completely, 100% GF and the porn channels are also nice as are the girls who hang around, (better known as Surfer500s skanks).There aren't so many skanks hanging around the place any more!

Boriman
12-03-14, 07:13
I used to always stay at Terra Linda, but the owners really don't like guys bringing back girls. The one with the dark dyed hair bad vibes mongers. They also tried to rip me off by giving me a shi* room and then attempting to charge me extra for the one I had reserved. I have since shifted to Casa Cayena and have no plans to change. Completely, 100% GF and the porn channels are also nice as are the girls who hang around, (better known as Surfer500s skanks).Some good points David_33. I mentioned this before but it might be worth repeating. The owners of Terra Linda built the hotel on the assumption that they would get family friendly tourists. They were not happy when the crowd they started getting was us. They were originally overcharging for the rooms until they realized that it was killing their business. They lowered the prices but still kept it high enough to try to filter out some of the good from the bad. They really never liked us guys bringing chicas onsite. The one with the black hair is George, who has always given off a negative vibe, from the very beginning. I was talking to him several months ago but he sometimes did not want to be bothered. His brother Vincent is nicer. My last night in Sosua I spent it hanging out with him and a good buddy of mine.

As for the rooms the times I stayed there I never chose something on the first floor. I actually liked the room I was in and those that are to your right as you walk through the pool area I heard are quite nice.

I was not too happy at the time when someone had the same type of room I did and they were charging the guy less money. They were inconsistent with their pricing structure.

I even recall when trying to book a room and they said they were all filled up. I doubted this and when I arrived to Sosua they had many rooms available. I talked to others who had similar experiences.

One time I tried to book but found New Garden five dollars cheaper so I took it.

In Terra Linda some of the rooms are missing TVs, since they were stolen a while back. It appears to have been an inside job. In fact when I checked out one of their rooms in October they showed me one with no TV and the worker used the excuse that the set was being repaired.

The times I stayed their they did not bother me about bringing in chicas but I tend to be extremely low profile, keep chicas only short term, and bring action in later in the night, usually after the restaurant is closed and the owners are asleep (from last I heard they live onsite).

They used to have tables in front of the hotel, where the tourists would just hang around. No more tables, I am guessing, because of the guys hanging around in the front, checking out and hitting on the chicas.

I am assuming that Terra Linda has ironed out many of these problems since I was staying there when they originally opened up.

Whenever I go to Sosua I do not mind staying in Terra Linda but I have found cheaper alternatives. I will have to say that the food there, though, is much better now. I recall that at one time they were having problems finding a good chef.

Something tells me I might try Casa Cayena next time since I already know Willifred during his days at New Garden. I was there when Willifred left Garden and he was discussing with me his plans dealing with another hotel (Casa Cayena).

Combo
12-03-14, 14:17
I have to agree with your guys' thoughts on Terra Linda. I stayed there once and my impression was that they didn't really like "monger" guests. I alsothought it was a little overpriced. I'm not sure the rooms were really much better than New Garden or Casa Cayena to be worth the extra $. Though the pool is really nice, probably as good as anything in Sosua (other than Colibri. Is it still there?)

New Garden and Casa Cayena are probably your best bets. If you want something a bit quieter, Casa Valeria is also good. They're perfectly guest-friendly, but don't have the frat party atmosphere of the other two.

Too bad Sosua Bay / Victoria House can't get there act together.

ForceSteeler
12-03-14, 15:02
Some good points David_33. I mentioned this before but it might be worth repeating. The owners of Terra Linda built the hotel on the assumption that they would get family friendly tourists. They were not happy when the crowd they started getting was us. They were originally overcharging for the rooms until they realized that it was killing their business. They lowered the prices but still kept it high enough to try to filter out some of the good from the bad. They really never liked us guys bringing chicas onsite. The one with the black hair is George, who has always given off a negative vibe, from the very beginning. I was talking to him several months ago but he sometimes did not want to be bothered. His brother Vincent is nicer. My last night in Sosua I spent it hanging out with him and a good buddy of mine.

As for the rooms the times I stayed there I never chose something on the first floor. I actually liked the room I was in and those that are to your right as you walk through the pool area I heard are quite nice.

I was not too happy at the time when someone had the same type of room I did and they were charging the guy less money. They were inconsistent with their pricing structure...Yeah I never understood the owner of Terra Linda. If you don't want mongers in your hotel? Why built a hotel in the middle of Sosua? Dominican Republic is a big place you could of choose Santiago, Santo Domingo, etc. Also your in the Hotel Business.

Your in the Business to make money, Whats the big deal if your hotel guest wants to bring back women?, Besides the women? What else is there to do in Sosua? There's hardly any tourist attractions.

Puntz79
12-04-14, 02:46
Yeah I never understood the owner of Terra Linda. If you don't want mongers in your hotel? Why built a hotel in the middle of Sosua? Dominican Republic is a big place you could of choose Santiago, Santo Domingo, etc. Also your in the Hotel Business.

Your in the Business to make money, Whats the big deal if your hotel guest wants to bring back women?, Besides the women? What else is there to do in Sosua? There's hardly any tourist attractions.Many families in the DR, groups of friends, and couples like to visit Sosua for the beach especially during weekends and holiday periods, and there are also some festivals in Puerto Plata which will see increase in locals visiting the area as well. While it's not a secret to see that mongering is the main attraction in Sosua and it is a single man paradise, there are other reasons that people go there that can be easy to ignore. If Cabarete is really busy and there are not that many hotel rooms available there, the next choice for a visitor would be Sosua based off proximity.

I haven't ever had issues at TL before. During the busy season they were one of the few hotels that had rooms available and while the rates were higher than other places, it was still pretty decent. Never had an issue with bringing back a chica, most of the employees at the front desk were not very talkative but I'm not staying at a hotel to talk to the employees either or try to figure out if they really wanted me to be there or not or if they were offended by me bringing in my temporary girlfriend for some time. That's the least of my concerns. Others may have different opinions.

ForceSteeler
12-04-14, 14:58
Many families in the DR, groups of friends, and couples like to visit Sosua for the beach especially during weekends and holiday periods, and there are also some festivals in Puerto Plata which will see increase in locals visiting the area as well. While it's not a secret to see that mongering is the main attraction in Sosua and it is a single man paradise, there are other reasons that people go there that can be easy to ignore. If Cabarete is really busy and there are not that many hotel rooms available there, the next choice for a visitor would be Sosua based off proximity.

I haven't ever had issues at TL before. During the busy season they were one of the few hotels that had rooms available and while the rates were higher than other places, it was still pretty decent. Never had an issue with bringing back a chica, most of the employees at the front desk were not very talkative but I'm not staying at a hotel to talk to the employees either or try to figure out if they really wanted me to be there or not or if they were offended by me bringing in my temporary girlfriend for some time. That's the least of my concerns. Others may have different opinions.I have been to Terra Linda before and also when I'm staying at New Gardens and I usually walk by Terra Linda, I hardly ever see families or couples going there. And I'm pretty sure Terra Linda Rooms would be very expensive for average Dominican family salary.

I Think The Owner should Embrace the monger community. Look at the New Gardens owner, he opened a 3rd Wing across the street. So he is doing good for himself. At the end of the day its a business. Every dollar counts.

Patnut
12-14-14, 00:06
Anyone got any feedback on this hotel I'm thinking of booking it?

Charles Pooter
12-14-14, 16:34
Anyone got any feedback on this hotel I'm thinking of booking it?Cabañas are usually short-stay hotels rented for two / three hours for sexual liaisons. I have never heard of this one, but unless you get first-hand recommendations I would not risk booking there. There is a lot of experience on this board and the guys stay at certain hotels for good reasons, which are described in their trip reports.

What attracted you? A low price? Check that is not the short-stay price (typically 400 to 800 pesos).

Camaro1257
12-14-14, 16:52
Urban Cabana is a relatively new hotel next to Rockies. It is not a traditional cabana it is a regular hotel but since I have never been I cannot advise the rates. I have heard 2 reports on the hotel one report was the WIFI sucks and the air-conditioning wasn't working well. In addition the room was very basic and uncomfortable the individual that made the comment checked out and booked Victoria House. The other comment was the hotel was basic and the individual was satisfied. As in all things YMMV but the one advantage is its central location. You can easily book for one night then go from there.

Robland
12-14-14, 18:06
Whats up gentleman! Like to know if the Piergiorgio Palace Hotel and Victorian House Hotel are chica friendly and how there stay was there?

Thanks

Patnut
12-15-14, 20:32
Urban Cabana is a relatively new hotel next to Rockies. It is not a traditional cabana it is a regular hotel but since I have never been I cannot advise the rates. I have heard 2 reports on the hotel one report was the WIFI sucks and the air-conditioning wasn't working well. In addition the room was very basic and uncomfortable the individual that made the comment checked out and booked Victoria House. The other comment was the hotel was basic and the individual was satisfied. As in all things YMMV but the one advantage is its central location. You can easily book for one night then go from there.Thanks I have taken the plunge and booked hope it's OK.

Isc55
12-18-14, 18:14
Whats up gentleman! Like to know if the Piergiorgio Palace Hotel and Victorian House Hotel are chica friendly and how there stay was there?

ThanksPiergiorgio is a girl friendly hotel. Never stayed at Victorian House.

Charles Pooter
12-19-14, 14:30
Piergiorgio is a girl friendly hotel. Never stayed at Victorian House.Are you quite sure? It never used to be. Without paying an extra guest charge?

You are not confusing it with D'Piero are you? The latter is certainly chica-friendly.

You could be right. Things change fast here.

Frannie
12-19-14, 16:59
Anyone got any feedback on this hotel I'm thinking of booking it?Don't. You will be sorry.

Patnut
12-19-14, 19:33
Don't. You will be sorry.Why? It seems to have got good reviews on trip adviser and booking.com my other choice is Eroupa but I like the location of Cabana and it has better reviews.

OldKool
12-20-14, 06:32
Europa was very nice on my last trip. Had every thing I needed a bit of a walk but not bad. The price was excellent less then 40 bucks a night. I am not sure how much urban cabana is.

Why? It seems to have got good reviews on trip adviser and booking.com my other choice is Eroupa but I like the location of Cabana and it has better reviews.

Patnut
12-20-14, 10:09
Europa was very nice on my last trip. Had every thing I needed a bit of a walk but not bad. The price was excellent less then 40 bucks a night. I am not sure how much urban cabana is.How do you guys get it so cheap on booking.com Eroupa is $76 per night and cabana is $59? Has anyone stayed at both?

Deebin5
12-21-14, 08:31
Searching for a hotel $40 US and under. I have come up with:

Coco Hotel.

Hotel Sosua.

Rocky's.

Voramar.

Orchidee.

Las Palmeras de Don Antonio.

Are any or all decent choices? Other suggestions? How do they rate with walking distance to the clubs?

K Constant
12-22-14, 03:29
We visited Casa Cayena as a group of four; we spent five nights at the hotel.

Highlights:

The breakfast menu had over a dozen options of every combination of eggs, omelette, ham, bacon, sausage, toast, french toast, hash browns, etc. I stuck with eggs, bacon, and french toast. My order was delicious and filling. My companions had only positive things to say about breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised by the quality.

Dinner was included during our stay as part of a special offer by the owner. This was very convenient and made the stay even more of a value. The dinner menu had a thorough selection of pasta, chicken, schnitzel, etc. I was pleased by the selection; however, I ordered grilled chicken and vegetables exclusively during my stay for caloric reasons. The general consensus was that every dish was of good quality and tasty.

The beds were comfortable with large pillows. The water pressure was sufficient and ample hot water was available. The cleaning crew did a thorough job of cleaning the room and tidying / ordering our items with care.

Security was friendly and courteous. They soothed any issues that may have occurred between the single male travelers and their guests.

The staff promptly helped us with any request we had. The front desk was available yet unobtrusive. The owner was present during our stay and greeted us each day during breakfast; I enjoyed this personal touch.

Overall, I would highly recommend Casa Cayena.

Meerrak
12-22-14, 05:34
K see,

Thanks FR the hotel update. 3 friends and are headed to Sosua in 9 days and were trying to decide on a hotel. It was between the Victorian house and Casa Cayena. Leaning more towards CC following your great feed back. Could you help me out a bit:

Did CC have WiFi in the rooms?

What was the room rate?

Do you have a point of contact so we can make reservations?

Thanks again,

Meerrak

OldKool
12-22-14, 06:11
I had no reservation $40 is walk up rate for one night. If you stay 3 nights it drops to 37 a night. I had no complaints.

How do you guys get it so cheap on booking.com Eroupa is $76 per night and cabana is $59? Has anyone stayed at both?

Sammon
12-22-14, 14:54
I had no reservation $40 is walk up rate for one night. If you stay 3 nights it drops to 37 a night. I had no complaints.One caution about Europa Hotel. Do not get any room on the top floor. Room gets very hot and the Air con is not good.

For me to fuck the girl good I need a cool room.

Member #4351
12-22-14, 15:55
3 friends and are headed to Sosua in 9 days and were trying to decide on a hotel. It was between the Victorian house and Casa Cayena. Leaning more towards CC following your great feed back. Could you help me out a bit:
Did CC have WiFi in the rooms? YES and its fairly fast.

What was the room rate? Depends.

Do you have a point of contact so we can make reservations? hotelcasacayena@claro.net.do.

GrownMan1
12-22-14, 18:13
I had no reservation $40 is walk up rate for one night. If you stay 3 nights it drops to 37 a night. I had no complaints.I concur walkin 40 dollars. No complaints.

Meerrak
12-23-14, 00:04
Did CC have WiFi in the rooms? YES and its fairly fast.

What was the room rate? Depends.

Do you have a point of contact so we can make reservations? hotelcasacayena@claro.net.do.Thanks David 33. I appreciate the information.

What doe the room rate depend on if you don't mind me asking?

TomJackin
12-23-14, 08:59
Thanks David 33. I appreciate the information.

What doe the room rate depend on if you don't mind me asking?You will find all you need to know here:

http://www.casacayenahotel.com/

Frannie
12-23-14, 19:53
Why? It seems to have got good reviews on trip adviser and booking.com my other choice is Eroupa but I like the location of Cabana and it has better reviews.I took a look at those reviews you mentioned and they looked phony to me. Too many reviews for a place that is so new, and all overly positive. I have not stayed there, but I looked around the place just before it opened. It is cramped and located upstairs over a store right at the central junction in a very noisy location. You might like it, but personally I would not stay there as there are better places available, especially for the price they are asking.

Patnut
12-24-14, 14:48
I took a look at those reviews you mentioned and they looked phony to me. Too many reviews for a place that is so new, and all overly positive. I have not stayed there, but I looked around the place just before it opened. It is cramped and located upstairs over a store right at the central junction in a very noisy location. You might like it, but personally I would not stay there as there are better places available, especially for the price they are asking.Thanks for your advice Frannie.

Isc55
12-24-14, 17:00
Are you quite sure? It never used to be. Without paying an extra guest charge?

You are not confusing it with D'Piero are you? The latter is certainly chica-friendly.

You could be right. Things change fast here.Some months ago, when arriving to New Garden Hotel they had a problem with my reservation, and, as the hotel was full, they send me to Piergiorgio Hotel for two nights.

I had no problems or charges to bring girls there.

Robland
12-29-14, 04:09
Whats up fellas! Does anyone if the Victorian House is Chica-Friendly?

Charles Pooter
12-29-14, 16:38
Whats up fellas! Does anyone if the Victorian House is Chica-Friendly?Totally. Only issue there is method of payment for your room.

Catchaser
01-02-15, 16:46
I arrived to. Sosua yesterday night. 1 night at Europa was more than enough. Today I moved to Casa Cayena, still waiting for the room having breakfast. CC is looking good.

Yesterday night a couple of locals in a moto tried to rob me. I had only a bag with water and gatorade. Fell on my back and hit my ass to the street. Assholes. Ran with my cell and money still on me. This was at Pedro Clisante. So watch your back if you see 2 men in a single bike.

If any of you want to hang out, I'll be here all week.

Cheers!

Zip Head
01-02-15, 22:27
Hi guys. Haven't posted to this board for a while but been to Sosua many times. In the past I've occasionally used the Calypso hotel for short time assignations but wondering if you can take chicas without a cedula to the Dulce Sucreto? And do you need a car to use the facility? Thanks in advance for your help. Hope to be there in a couple weeks.

OldKool
01-02-15, 22:47
THE price ranges from 500 to 800 pesos. Some rooms have Jacuzzis and are more expensive. I used a cab to get there as it is not in walking distance the strip. I am not sure it was worth extra money as I had a decent hotel room. No cedula was required.

Hi guys. Haven't posted to this board for a while but been to Sosua many times. In the past I've occasionally used the Calypso hotel for short time assignations but wondering if you can take chicas without a cedula to the Dulce Sucreto? And do you need a car to use the facility? Thanks in advance for your help. Hope to be there in a couple weeks.

Zip Head
01-03-15, 03:32
THE price ranges from 500 to 800 pesos. Some rooms have Jacuzzis and are more expensive. I used a cab to get there as it is not in walking distance the strip. I am not sure it was worth extra money as I had a decent hotel room. No cedula was required.OK thanks for the info!

Chris Long
01-03-15, 09:17
I arrived to. Sosua yesterday night. 1 night at Europa was more than enough. Today I moved to Casa Cayena, still waiting for the room having breakfast. CC is looking good.

Yesterday night a couple of locals in a moto tried to rob me. I had only a bag with water and gatorade. Fell on my back and hit my ass to the street. Assholes. Ran with my cell and money still on me. This was at Pedro Clisante. So watch your back if you see 2 men in a single bike.

If any of you want to hang out, I'll be here all week.

Cheers!I've been here since the 14th at Rockys for now if you want to meet up. That's frightening to hear about your experience where were you when this happened. In over 20 plus visits over three and a half years I've never had any bad experiences like this. I walk all over the place on my own at all hours of the day and night.

Chriss

Chris Long
01-03-15, 09:21
Hi guys. Haven't posted to this board for a while but been to Sosua many times. In the past I've occasionally used the Calypso hotel for short time assignations but wondering if you can take chicas without a cedula to the Dulce Sucreto? And do you need a car to use the facility? Thanks in advance for your help. Hope to be there in a couple weeks.I've used it last December with a chica who didn't have her cedula rode in on a moto conch no questions were asked by security.

Catchaser
01-04-15, 01:55
I've been here since the 14th at Rockys for now if you want to meet up. That's frightening to hear about your experience where were you when this happened. In over 20 plus visits over three and a half years I've never had any bad experiences like this. I walk all over the place on my own at all hours of the day and night.

ChrissHi Chris!,

Great yeah lets meet up! I don't Have a paid account. Can I ask for Chris on Rocky's reception?

See you!

Zip Head
01-05-15, 04:34
I've used it last December with a chica who didn't have her cedula rode in on a moto conch no questions were asked by security.Thanks Chris.

WorldTraveler3
01-07-15, 12:42
I usually stay at Casa Cayenne but I want something more out of the way without all people coming in and out. I looking for more of a apartment condo type thing my only real must is that it has to be walkable because I don't fill like renting a car. I believe there are like two behind Casa Cayenne but don't remember their name or contact information any help you guys can provide would be appreciated.

Grandnash84
01-08-15, 08:24
I usually stay at Casa Cayenne but I want something more out of the way without all people coming in and out. I looking for more of a apartment condo type thing my only real must is that it has to be walkable because I don't fill like renting a car. I believe there are like two behind Casa Cayenne but don't remember their name or contact information any help you guys can provide would be appreciated.Las terazzas hispainolarealestate.com.

Manizales911
01-09-15, 00:02
Las terazzas hispainolarealestate.com.I can vouch for Las Terrazzas, stayed there a bunch of times, need a wingman though, too expensive for one person.

Stebo419
01-09-15, 16:26
Has anyone stayed at the Victorian house if so.

How was it and how much a night.

Grandnash84
01-10-15, 01:18
Has anyone stayed at the Victorian house if so.

How was it and how much a night.For the price and being dr, vh is not a bad place to stay. The view is killer and the resturant is good. Ac works good, good wifi, clean rooms (just very outdated) and hot water. $50/ night if you pay the whole trip in advance or 65/ night if you just reserve.

Stebo419
01-15-15, 17:12
For the price and being dr, vh is not a bad place to stay. The view is killer and the resturant is good. Ac works good, good wifi, clean rooms (just very outdated) and hot water. $50/ night if you pay the whole trip in advance or 65/ night if you just reserve.Do they have a website to make reservations.

Ipanema Carioca
01-16-15, 11:53
Do they have a website to make reservations.Victoria House sucks. Stay there at your own risk! Read the ISG and Tripadvisor if you're smart. That is all.

Stebo419
01-16-15, 19:52
New Garden, Victorian House, and Casa Cayena, which one why'all prefer. Also from the best 1 to 3.

Thanks fellas.

Grandnash84
01-17-15, 07:11
New Garden, Victorian House, and Casa Cayena, which one why'all prefer. Also from the best 1 to 3. Thanks fellas.Never been to casa cayana, new garden is def nicer than vh but for the price difference vh is my choice plus you can't beat the view at vh.

TomJackin
01-17-15, 07:57
New Garden, Victorian House, and Casa Cayena, which one why'all prefer. Also from the best 1 to 3. Thanks fellas.1. CC, 2. NG, 3. Never stayed.

Ipanema Carioca
01-17-15, 09:52
Never been to casa cayana, new garden is def nicer than vh but for the price difference vh is my choice plus you can't beat the view at vh.Yes, VH has the view and it is close to the beach, super mercado, Sinatra's and Casino. However, I got tired of the water being cold or off, the long walk from the front dest to the rooms, that sorry ass restaurant that closes earlier than it's suppose to, and that 18% credit card fee. Plus the rooms are old. The owner Armando got deported, and he allows some amateurs to operate it. And the staff sucks. Maria and one other girl are beautiful, but hey are dumb as door knobs. Also, security sucks. A few guys needed security sucks too, for there are no phones in the room and it's a long walk to security. One day a taxi driver knocked at my door to see if I was going to the airport, because he was unsure of the day. Why in the hell did they allow him to come and knock on my door. What if him and I had a beef?

Grandnash84
01-18-15, 09:40
Yes, VH has the view and it is close to the beach, super mercado, Sinatra's and Casino. However, I got tired of the water being cold or off, the long walk from the front dest to the rooms, that sorry ass restaurant that closes earlier than it's suppose to, and that 18% credit card fee. Plus the rooms are old. The owner Armando got deported, and he allows some amateurs to operate it. And the staff sucks. Maria and one other girl are beautiful, but hey are dumb as door knobs. Also, security sucks. A few guys needed security sucks too, for there are no phones in the room and it's a long walk to security. One day a taxi driver knocked at my door to see if I was going to the airport, because he was unsure of the day. Why in the hell did they allow him to come and knock on my door. What if him and I had a beef?I have to agree with you on the out dated rooms and no phone. The walk from reception to your room is also a pain in the ass. I always pay cash so I never had to worry about the charge and the resturant stays open to midnight now is is quite good. Big the cooking for them now. For the price and view can't beat it, but for $15-20 more a night you can get a much nice place with breakfeast.

Stebo419
01-19-15, 23:19
I have to agree with you on the out dated rooms and no phone. The walk from reception to your room is also a pain in the ass. I always pay cash so I never had to worry about the charge and the resturant stays open to midnight now is is quite good. Big the cooking for them now. For the price and view can't beat it, but for $15-20 more a night you can get a much nice place with breakfeast.How much is VH. What hotels is nicer that between $15-20 more with breakfast.

Stebo419
01-20-15, 01:33
1. CC, 2. NG, 3. Never stayed.How long is the walk from CC to the main strip where the happenings at and the beach.

Charles Pooter
01-20-15, 13:40
How long is the walk from CC to the main strip where the happenings at and the beach.Both five minute walks.

Stebo419
01-20-15, 14:51
Both five minute walks.Thanks for the info Tomjackin. I'm about to book my room at CC.

WorldTraveler3
01-22-15, 01:58
It seems like a nice place but all the information. On the board may be outdated has anyone share information on this spot.

Patnut
01-22-15, 21:17
I took a look at those reviews you mentioned and they looked phony to me. Too many reviews for a place that is so new, and all overly positive. I have not stayed there, but I looked around the place just before it opened. It is cramped and located upstairs over a store right at the central junction in a very noisy location. You might like it, but personally I would not stay there as there are better places available, especially for the price they are asking.I'm so glad I didn't listen to some of the negative reports I was hearing about this hotel. I stayed there and it was perfect for me. I don't think you can get closer to the action than this the noise did not bother me at all and it is not above a shop.

It boils down to two things if you want extremely easy access to the clubs bars with no probs getting back to hotel bang as many chica as possible this is it. I must say the WIFI was pants though.

Do not go there if you enjoy the luxury of swimming pool ocean view etc.

This was my first visit to Sosua and I would not hesitate staying again at this hotel. However I did see the new garden a bit further down so may give that a try if the price is right but it would have to be something special to beat this the location alone makes it a winner.

Trip report to follow shortly.

Frannie
01-23-15, 04:06
I'm so glad I didn't listen to some of the negative reports I was hearing about this hotel. I stayed there and it was perfect for me. I don't think you can get closer to the action than this the noise did not bother me at all and it is not above a shop.

It boils down to two things if you want extremely easy access to the clubs bars with no probs getting back to hotel bang as many chica as possible this is it. I must say the WIFI was pants though.

Do not go there if you enjoy the luxury of swimming pool ocean view etc.

This was my first visit to Sosua and I would not hesitate staying again at this hotel. However I did see the new garden a bit further down so may give that a try if the price is right but it would have to be something special to beat this the location alone makes it a winner.

Trip report to follow shortly.Glad you enjoyed it, but what else did you like about the hotel besides the lousy location and the useless wifi? Was the room comfortable, good service, beds comfortable, etc? Would it be cool in the summer heat? I think the bottom part where the bar is was converted from a shop, and there is a store next door.

Frannie
01-23-15, 04:09
It seems like a nice place but all the information. On the board may be outdated has anyone share information on this spot.Run by a strict German woman. Only 1 chica per day permitted. At least that is how it was, but like anything might have changed.

Zip Head
01-23-15, 06:02
Just spent a week at MaryRose apartments. Run by Rick, same guy who runs Rocky's. The MaryRose apartments are really nice. A gate enclosed apartment complex with one and two bedroom apartments in a very quiet area, well off the main drag. Nice little separate livingroom with a small kitchen, great furniture, and excellent security. All for an excellent price. I just paid $360 for a week. The place is totally chica friendly and Rick and his wife live in the complex, so he is always there to help sort out any problems.

I highly recommend this place!!

Patnut
01-23-15, 22:03
Glad you enjoyed it, but what else did you like about the hotel besides the lousy location and the useless wifi? Was the room comfortable, good service, beds comfortable, etc? Would it be cool in the summer heat? I think the bottom part where the bar is was converted from a shop, and there is a store next door.Like I said the location was perfect for me no need to jump on a dangerous moto or walk the dark streets of Sosua to get back at night. I mentioned the things that was important to me yes WiFi was a problem but not a deal breaker especially with so many other WiFi spots dotted around.

The room was nice spacious and clean bed was OK no problems sleeping if we had an issue it was sorted quickly. I believe most hotels have air con now this did and it worked well.

Rockys is next door with a small store a bit further down.

Zip Head
01-24-15, 02:51
Is it walk able I'm young so I'm sure I could but chicas with high heels not so sure. Or did you just use motos.You can walk to town, I did on several occasions. But with chicas you must take the motos. Believe me, they have no problems with the motos regardless of their clothes or high heels!!

World Travel 69
03-01-15, 17:41
Here are a few:

Sosua Hotels:

1. Sosua by the Sea, Calle Bruno Philips, El Batey. Rates: $80-110. Tel: (809) 571-3222. http://www.sosuabythesea.com/.

2. *Europa Plaza Hotel, Danny's Bar, Pedro Clisante #14. Rates: $40. Tel: +1 809-571-3335. http://www.hotelplazaeuropa.com/.

3. Plaza Europa, Calle Pedro Clisante #16, El Batey. Rates: $35-. Tel: 1-809-571-3335,1-809-571-3479 http://www.hotelplazaeuropa.com/ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hotel-Plaza-Europa/630782653678731.

4. Hotel the'Piero, near CMP. Rates: $40-55. http://www.hotelpierososua.com/english.html https://www.facebook.com/hotelsosuapiero.

5. Hotel El Colibri, Calle Pedro Clisante #141 El Batey. Rates: $33-58. Tel: 809.571. 1847. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hotel-El-Colibri-Sosua/111665282218542.

6. Hotel Las Palmeras de Don Antonio, Calle Dr. Rosen #3, El Batey. Rates: $36-38. Tel: +1 (809) 571-2662. http://hotel-las-palmeras.com/country-guide/sosua-en/.

7. Hotel Orchidee, Calle Dr. Rosen #24, El Batey. Rates: $27-38. Tel: +1 829-380-0715. http://www.hotelorchidee.ch/.

8. Rocky's, Calle Dr. Rosen #24, El Batey. Rates: $27. Telephone (Spanish): (809) 571-2951 Cellular (English): (809) 481-2951. http://www.rockysbar.com/.

9. Sosua Suites Condos, Calle Dr. Rosen #24, El Batey. Rates: $60-70. Tel: 809.771. 5777, Cell: 809.481. 2951. http://sosua-suites.com/.

10. Casa Cayena, Calle Dr. Rosen #25, El Batey. Rates: $65-105. Tel: +1 (809) 571-2662. http://www.casacayenahotel.com/ Gives ISG discounts.

11. *Terra Linda Resort, Calle Dr. Rosen #26, El Batey. Rates: $85-115. Tel: US and Canada: +1-866-332-3590. http://www.terralindaresortsosua.com/index.htm?lbl=yh-en.

12. Casa Valeria, Calle Dr. Rosen #28, El Batey. Rates: $50-60. Tel: +809 571 3565. http://hotelcasavaleria.net/.

13. *New Garden Hotel, Calle Dr. Rosen #32, El Batey. Rates: 75. Tel: +1 (809) 571-2662. http://www.newgardenhotel.net/ X Gives ISG discounts.

14. Apart-Hotel Romanoff, Calle Ayuntamiento, El Batey. Rates: $30. Tel: 809-885-2337. Fax: 809-907-4503. http://www.hotel-dominican-republic.net/apart-hotel-617-romanoff-sosua.html.

15. Hotel Sea Breeze, Alejo Martinez # 10, El Batey. Rates: $40-60. Tel: 809-571-4712. http://hotelseabreezesosua.net/.

16. Mary Rose, Dr Alejo Martinez #33, El Batey. Rates: $45-64. Tel: 809 882 8221. http://www.maryrosedr.com/.

17. Coco Hotel, Calle Alejo Martinez #131, El Batey. Rates: $30-40. Tel: 1-809-571-3217. http://www.cocohotelcoco.com/.

18. Hotel Ana Celia, Calle Prolongacion Pedro Clisante #35, El Batey. Rates: $40. Tel: 1-809-5711332, Toll Free from Canada and United States 1-800-753-6198. http://www.hotelanaceliasosua.com/.

19. Playa Chiquita, Avenida Martinez Casino Playa Chiquita, Cabarete. Rates: $40. Tel: 809 571-3416. http://www.playa-chiquita.com/.

20. Hotel Voramar Sosua, Alejo Martinez Playa Chiquita. Rates: $40- 45. Tel: Phone (001) 809-571-3910. http://hotelvoramar-sosua.com/home/home.php.

21. Coral Blanco Hotel, Calle Argentina, Playa Chiquita. Rates: $50. Tel: 1 829 9247900, (USA): 1 609 9100444. http://coralblanco.com/?page_id=60.

22. Tropix Hotel, Camino del Libre #7. Rates: $56. Tel: +1-809-571-2291. http://www.tropixhotel.com/.

23. Hotel Don Andres, Calle Alejo Martinez #6, Cabarete. Rates: $32-52. Tel: Dicky Voorburg +1-809-8757890, Henri van der Aa +1-809-8562005. http://www.hoteldonandres.com/.

24. *BlackBeards Adult Resort.

Costambar Beach, Puerto Plata. Reservations: 1-809-970-3268. E-mail: Info@BlackBeardsadultresort.com http://www.blackbeardsadultresort.com/.

* Chicas in the hotel bar.

Short Time:

Dulce Secreto, cabanas over just short of Voramar and across from the kids school, about 500RD for a real nice room.

ReadyToGetOnIt
03-02-15, 01:06
Thanks for taking the time to update this!

A note before clicking on the first link.

The first links below are broken on purpose. To fix, right-click on the link and choose "copy link location". Then cnt-v it to your URL navigation window. Then change the "F" in Fhotobucket to a "p" and <enter to take you to the proper document.

This map of girl friendly hotels corresponds to the hotel numbering in the text list below: http://s952.Fhotobucket.com/albums/ae2/ej_hoes/Sosua/sosua-map-changeable_current.jpg

This spreadsheet has a list of the Non-girl-friendly hotels also: http://auction-fest.com/mytravelfest/sosuaHotelDirectory.htm

Useful restaurant map: http://s952.Fhotobucket.com/albums/ae2/ej_hoes/Sosua/SosuaRestaurantMap.jpg

15. $40-80 Apart Hotel Club Residencial. Tel: 809-571-3675. Calle Pedro Clisante 32, Sosua http://clubresidencial.com

16. $55 Casa Cayena. Tel: 809-571-2651. Calle Dr. Rosen 25 El Batey Sosua http://www.hotelcasacayena.com

17. $45 Casa Valeria. Tel: 809-571-3565. Calle Dr Rosen 28, El Batey, Sosua (no AC) http://www.hotelcasavaleria.com

18. $10 (2hr) Calypso Hotel: no calling ahead

19. $30 Coco Hotel. Tel: 809-571-3217. #151 A. Martinez El Batey, Sosa http://www.cocohotelcoco.com/

20. $40 Don Andres. Tel: 809 571-3140. Calle Alejo Martinez 6, Sosa http://www.hoteldonandres.com/

21. $35 Don Antonio. Calle Dr. Rosen #3 http://www.hotel-don-antonio.com/

22. $45 El Canto Delfin Tel: 809 571-2124. Carr. Sosua-Cabarete #5, Sosua. Reasonably girl friendly.

23. $40 Orchidee Hotel. Tel: 809-779-9929. Calle Dr Rosen #24, Sosua http://www.hotelorchidee.ch/

24. $55 Plaza Europa. Pedro Clisante 14 809-571-3335. Good for first timers, extra for more than 1 girl. http://www.hotelplazaeuropa.com

25. $60up New Garden. Tel: 809-571-1557. Calle Dr. Rosen 10, El Batey, Sosa http://www.hotelnewgarden.com/english.html

26. $55 Perla de Sosua Apts. Tel: 829-677-1497. 2 bedroom apts for $55 with AC. 2 girls ok but there might be issues with all day stream of girls http://www.perladesosua.com

27. $25 Romanoff. Tel: 809-571-3242 Calle Ayuntamiento

28. $25 Rocky's Rock & Blues Bar & Hotel. Tel: 809-571-2951. Calle Dr. Rosen 22, El Batey, Sosua http://www.rockysbar.com/

29. $45 Voramar Hotel. Tel: 809-571-3910. Playa Chiquita, Sosa www.hotel@voramar-sosua. Com

30. $100 Las Terrazas Condos. More upscale, must phone or email agent. Agent= http://www.amberguardian.com/ Photos=http://www.mediafire.com/?7ybo4cdjhb0 Multiple girls OK but if neighbors are disturbed your out! TIP. Arrange price with girls before you tell them you are staying here.

31. $200 Villa California (Playa chiquita beach) Very upscale. 3 rooms which are all private from each other. Great deals possible if you stay longer than a few days. The girls love this place! http://www.vrbo.com/177576

32. $25up Paraiso hotel. 14 Calle Rosen. 809-571-2906 http://www.hotel-paraiso.com/

33. $40up Seabreeze Hotel. Alejo Martinez N 10, El Batey, Sosua http://hotelseabreezesosua.com/

37. $60-80 Sosua Bay Beach Resort Hotel. Dr. Alejo Martinez #1. Buildings 5&6 are not all-inclusive and allow girls for no charge. http://www.sosuabayresort.com

38. $75up Terra Linda Resort. Calle Rosen 26 El Batey. Rumored to be the highest qualiy hotel in Sosua. One girl allowed without charge. http://terralindaresort.com/

Sammon
03-02-15, 03:10
I have stayed most of the time at Europa because I have a rental car and they have security outside all night.

What other hotels have safe parking?

World Travel 69
03-03-15, 15:25
I wish I had seen this thread before I made my list. I would have saved hours and hours of work.

I had no intention of out doing Ehunter's list.

The reason I missed this thread is in part by me is not RTTF down the country forum threads.

The other part is Jackson has not figured out how to make a main thread for each city and add sub-threads within it.

A lot of good info gets buried way down the country's forum.

I was also wrong on the location of this hotel. I had it near CMP. It is near the closed? Passions.

4. Hotel D'Piero, near Passions. Rates: $40-55. http://www.hotelpierososua.com/english.html https://www.facebook.com/hotelsosuapiero.

Gringo 101
03-04-15, 01:59
Stayed here in January. They are new (I think open since August). Chica friendly, only catch, if the chica is spending the night, they charge double occupancy. I didn't have a problem with this, room was only $30 a night, so what's another $10. Bringing the chicas during the day, they do not charge nothing. Bar prices are almost half then price downtown and a great breakfast. Hotel is a bit out of the way, but clean, I mean clean! They have hot water and 24/7 electricity. Room was cleaned daily and they supply everything including shampoo. I have stayed a lot of places here by far this was the best, but a far out of the way, but I don't mind taking concho.

Lakeside32
04-14-15, 19:25
Looks like Casa Cayene is fully booked for the week after Memorial Day weekend (May 24-31). Looks like every other hotel has vacancies that week; however. I think I have it narrowed down to Casa Valeria or New Garden, I'm guessing we've made Casa Cayene so popular that business is booming, so plan your trip in advance.

JjBee62
04-15-15, 00:03
Looks like Casa Cayene is fully booked for the week after Memorial Day weekend (May 24-31). Looks like every other hotel has vacancies that week; however. I think I have it narrowed down to Casa Valeria or New Garden, I'm guessing we've made Casa Cayene so popular that business is booming, so plan your trip in advance.Just look at the reviews on Trip Advisor. Casa Cayena is definitely doing things right. I've had to email them a few times, and I have gotten back very prompt replies.

Lakeside32
04-18-15, 04:20
I normally stay exclusively at casa Cayena, dunno the occasion but it's Sosua I'll still have a smile on my face. I will never return to Seabreeze ever again; however, I wondered why the security guard treated me so nicely there, but I peeked out the window one late night and surely enough he had a ringside. Seat to look above at my room and gaze straight thru my window while I was servicing the chicas. I guess those world war 2 era drapes need changing.

Geolopes
04-18-15, 06:47
I normally stay exclusively at casa Cayena, dunno the occasion but it's Sosua I'll still have a smile on my face. I will never return to Seabreeze ever again; however, I wondered why the security guard treated me so nicely there, but I peeked out the window one late night and surely enough he had a ringside. Seat to look above at my room and gaze straight thru my window while I was servicing the chicas. I guess those world war 2 era drapes need changing.My group and I have always enjoyed the boutique hotel right across the street, call Hotel El Rancho. Never stayed at Cayena but we've always stopped in for a quick beer to look around and it seems nice but the few rooms I've been invited to look at seemed a bit smaller than what we had across the street. On the other hand I assume CC has some bigger rooms that I never saw. Assuming El Rancho is still open let me suggest this place as a good overflow option if CC is full. Never tried the food at CC but El Rancho's little restaurant really isn't bad at all. Decent and cheap breakfast. This little side street both places is on is a quite perfect location. Easy walk to the venues yet much quieter at night as it's a dead end street ending with it's own very nice beach completely free of touts and riffraff. At night this street feels like a little sanctuary from the street scene. Baily's Rest. Is right around the corner and a Banco Popular with functioning ATM a short walk past Baily's. Would appreciate an update from recently on the grounders if El Rancho is still operating at this level. Thanks.

BoricuaOnline
04-18-15, 19:16
My group and I have always enjoyed the boutique hotel right across the street, call Hotel El Rancho. Never stayed at .I have been to Casa Cayena, El Rancho, Sea Breeze and Sosua Bay. Casa Cayena is excellent, almost perfect. Their rooms and beds are confortable with enough space. The facilities are very clean, the room has air conditioner and ceiling fan combined whiche helps the room get ice cold as I like. Their food is the best I have eaten on town. El Rancho is another place that is nice, I enjoyed being there. My room was the last one to the right on the second level. It has a nice balcony that at that time has enough vegetation to serve as a natural wall to the balcony, I had sex in the balcony a couple of times, it was great. Seabreeze is a place I can, t recommend, the room although large was not clean enough and the air conditioner was not satisfactory. I also believe security is connected to some girls there.

Zip Head
04-24-15, 05:31
Just wondering if anyone has an update on Rick the former manager / owner of Mary Rose apartments. One of the nicest guys I have ever met in Sosua, really a big help to me on my last trip there in January of this year. Understand he was deported back to Canada by Interpol to face some fraud charges. Anyone got an update on him and if the Mary Rose apartments are still running right along??

JjBee62
04-24-15, 11:33
Spent my first night at Sosua Suites, if you're looking for convenience, it's the perfect spot, especially if you're staying long term. From the Metro bus stop at the Texaco, it's about 2 blocks, a short walk even with luggage. Rumbas is just a block away and Merengue is right around the corner, decent food is all close by, a Colmado is across the street and it's a short walk from the private beach. The rooms could use some maintenance, but they are clean and spacious and Kelsey, the manager is a great guy, he drove me down to Plaza Europa after I checked out.

There's quite a bit of noise and the short stay price is a bit high, but I understand the rate for longer stays is much better.

Plaza Europa is another great hotel, for some different reasons. It's a few blocks away from the action, so it's very quiet at night. The rooms are very clean and the a / see keeps the room nice and cold. There is a large swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym and laundry. The front desk also does currency exchange, current rate 44.0 pesos per USD.

I really haven't found anything bad about this place, the price is great, the room is great, the WiFi is great, the cable is great, with movie channels and 3 porn channels. Even the water pressure is good. There's a nice furnished balcony with a view of the pool. The only little thing is the TV, it's quite small, but if you are coming to Sosua to watch TV, you really need to reconsider.

OldKool
04-24-15, 13:17
I will be on the ground in a few days. I always liked Rick and will check in at Rockies. I will give an update. It appears Rick is in deep dodo.

Just wondering if anyone has an update on Rick the former manager / owner of Mary Rose apartments. One of the nicest guys I have ever met in Sosua, really a big help to me on my last trip there in January of this year. Understand he was deported back to Canada by Interpol to face some fraud charges. Anyone got an update on him and if the Mary Rose apartments are still running right along??

Husker Dude
04-24-15, 22:59
I will be on the ground in a few days. I always liked Rick and will check in at Rockies. I will give an update. It appears Rick is in deep dodo.JessieJames is helping running the Mary Rose and everything is business as usual.

Elmo5743
04-25-15, 07:53
Looks like Casa Cayene is fully booked for the week after Memorial Day weekend (May 24-31). Looks like every other hotel has vacancies that week; however. I think I have it narrowed down to Casa Valeria or New Garden, I'm guessing we've made Casa Cayene so popular that business is booming, so plan your trip in advance.Hello Lakeside,

Will be my first trip to Sousa, will be in town Friday afternoon the 29th. Let me know if I can buy you a beer or two for some inside information LOL. Erator.

Lakeside32
04-26-15, 02:13
No problem, Elmo, but I'm a Cuba libre drinker myself, funny thing is I have allergies to most beers, but I can drink Presidentes all day with no problems. I will split time between new garden and casa Valeria, shouldn't be a problem spotting me.

Parkinsons
05-18-15, 04:12
Anybody knows if the new Gansevoort resort (US $675/ night) is chica-friendly? I don't want to do all that work talking a girl down from RD $3000 to RD $1500 TLN only to find out I can't bring her back to my posh room. Thanks in advance.

http://www.gansevoorthotelgroup.com/hotels/gansevoort-dominican-republic

JjBee62
05-18-15, 06:01
Anybody knows if the new Gansevoort resort (US $675/ night) is chica-friendly? I don't want to do all that work talking a girl down from RD $3000 to RD $1500 TLN only to find out I can't bring her back to my posh room. Thanks in advance.

http://www.gansevoorthotelgroup.com/hotels/gansevoort-dominican-republicI would be very surprised to find out they are chica friendly. I know someone who used to work at their hotel in the meat packing district in NYC. My impression of their average guest is the sort of person who will complain long and loud about the tiniest problem.

Lonely566
05-18-15, 23:38

http://www.gansevoorthotelgroup.com/hotels/gansevoort-dominican-republicIsn't it kind of chicken shit to quibble uith a ho over 30-40 dollars?

TomJackin
05-19-15, 07:40
I'm guessing we've made Casa Cayene so popular that business is booming, so plan your trip in advance.Not us, but Wilfried and his great staff made Casa Cayena popular, and that is why the business is booming.

Sabor
06-05-15, 14:30
Not us, but Wilfried and his great staff made Casa Cayena popular, and that is why the business is booming.I got in yesterday and Wilfried hooked me up with a bungalo. Always good to come here. Breakfast and dinner included at 65 a night. Hmmmmmm. Can't beat that! Passed by New Garden and the addition Lorenzo put in is nice but the place is a bit noisey for me. My boy comes in from Boca tonight and will most likely stay at NG. Fellas, CC is great but the Staff here makes it almost perfect and the location just a stone throw from everything. To my friend Wilfried Dunka shurn!

Questner
06-25-15, 04:42
I may bring a teen family member to the area. I have never been to AI. What is the best choice for AI from Cabarete to Puerto Plata for both of us?

Vitrea
06-29-15, 06:30
Guys, any of you stayed at Grand Laguna? Is it chica friendly? Looking for a decent place and ON the beach. Thank you.

Puntz79
06-29-15, 06:57
That's in Cabarete, are you looking to stay in Cabarete or in Sosua? Cabarete is about a 15-20 minute drive, and I would recommend having a car or a drive if you're looking to go back and forth between Sosua and Cabarete. Sosua has hotels too, on the beach and chica friendly though. That's tough. Check out Victorian House at Sosua Bay Resort (it's part of the resort, but it's the girl-friendly part) on Sosua Beach. Great views, right on the beach, and ignore old reviews as I've only heard good things recently. Casa Cayena is a mongerer spot that includes breakfast and dinner (and good quality) at a low rate, it's not on the beach but it's a few minutes walk from Playa Alicia which is a nicer beach than Sosua Beach. However, when it comes to quality of rooms. Sosua is not going to be a fancy place, Caberete has hotels with much better quality of rooms. But I always stay in Sosua. Anywhere you stay is really only going to be a few minutes from the beach. I've stayed at Casa Cayena and can recommend it, New Garden is another mongerer spot with chicas on-site and the rooms are pretty decent (on par with Casa Cayena). I have also stayed at Terra Linda which is right next to New Garden (or two buildings over), the rooms are maybe a slight notch above New Garden and Casa Cayena, but honestly. It's not much of a difference. In Sosua you are pretty much just looking for a clean place, that allows chicas, and gives good value considering where you are. For better room quality, stick to Caberete but it's going to be 15-20 minutes each way getting to Sosua.

Guys, any of you stayed at Grand Laguna? Is it chica friendly? Looking for a decent place and ON the beach. Thank you.

Mose
06-30-15, 05:07
I got in yesterday and Wilfried hooked me up with a bungalo. Always good to come here. Breakfast and dinner included at 65 a night. Hmmmmmm. Can't beat that! Passed by New Garden and the addition Lorenzo put in is nice but the place is a bit noisey for me. My boy comes in from Boca tonight and will most likely stay at NG. Fellas, CC is great but the Staff here makes it almost perfect and the location just a stone throw from everything. To my friend Wilfried Dunka shurn!Both CC and NG no longer allow the gals to hang out at the pool unless your bring them in. A few years ago, NC would have 10 or 15 hanging out at the pool area. Seems both hotels may have had a problem with the police or politicians.

Vitrea
06-30-15, 07:26
That's in Cabarete, are you looking to stay in Cabarete or in Sosua? Cabarete is about a 15-20 minute drive, and I would recommend having a car or a drive if you're looking to go back and forth between Sosua and Cabarete. Sosua has hotels too, on the beach and chica friendly though. That's tough. Check out Victorian House at Sosua Bay Resort (it's part of the resort, but it's the girl-friendly part) on Sosua Beach. Great views, right on the beach, and ignore old reviews as I've only heard good things recently. Casa Cayena is a mongerer spot that includes breakfast and dinner (and good quality) at a low rate, it's not on the beach but it's a few minutes walk from Playa Alicia which is a nicer beach than Sosua Beach. However, when it comes to quality of rooms. Sosua is not going to be a fancy place, Caberete has hotels with much better quality of rooms. But I always stay in Sosua. Anywhere you stay is really only going to be a few minutes from the beach. I've stayed at Casa Cayena and can recommend it, New Garden is another mongerer spot with chicas on-site and the rooms are pretty decent (on par with Casa Cayena). I have also stayed at Terra Linda which is right next to New Garden (or two buildings over), the rooms are maybe a slight notch above New Garden and Casa Cayena, but honestly. It's not much of a difference. In Sosua you are pretty much just looking for a clean place, that allows chicas, and gives good value considering where you are. For better room quality, stick to Caberete but it's going to be 15-20 minutes each way getting to Sosua.Puntz, Thank you again. You are full of good info. You gave a very good summary of the current relevant hotel scene in Sosua.

You are correct in the Grand Laguna has Cabarete address but it is closer to Sosua. Google says it is 10 min from Sosua action zone and 13 minutes from Cabarete (by car). Not too bad in terms of distance from Sosua. Sounds like it is hard to confirm if Laguna is girl friendly or not as this was asked before (approx 100 posts ago) and no one answered. Likely no one who is active on this forum stayed there. Cheers.

Maradona1234
06-30-15, 22:24
Hi guys,

Just wondering if ever you guys have been to this resort? Is it chica friendly? Its funny how is cheaper to get a 1 week all inclusive than just the flight to Sosua from Montreal Canada.

Anyone know on average how much it costs just for flight from Montreal?

Thanks

Charles Pooter
06-30-15, 23:17
Hi guys,

Just wondering if ever you guys have been to this resort? Is it chica friendly? Its funny how is cheaper to get a 1 week all inclusive than just the flight to Sosua from Montreal Canada.

Anyone know on average how much it costs just for flight from Montreal?

Used to be a dump (by international hotel standards). Someone posted on here that it has improved over recent years.

Definitely worth booking if you can get a hotel / flight package for the same price as flight only.

Advantage is it is in El Batey (the gringo part of Sosua) and everything is walking distance or a very short moto ride if too hot to walk.

Disadvantage is that it is not chica-friendly (no family all-inclusives are) so you will need to take your chicas to the local cabana (Dulce Secreto - I believe 800 pesos for 2 hours? Guys please correct me if wrong). The latter is hygienic and comfortable, and ideal if you only want short-time, which is probably a good strategy if this is your rookie trip.

Only you know your flight and package prices. So work out if paying an extra 800 pesos a fuck results in a saving or not.

Frannie
07-01-15, 00:07
Used to be a dump (by international hotel standards). Someone posted on here that it has improved over recent years.

Definitely worth booking if you can get a hotel / flight package for the same price as flight only.

Advantage is it is in El Batey (the gringo part of Sosua) and everything is walking distance or a very short moto ride if too hot to walk.

Disadvantage is that it is not chica-friendly (no family all-inclusives are) so you will need to take your chicas to the local cabana (Dulce Secreto - I believe 800 pesos for 2 hours? Guys please correct me if wrong). The latter is hygienic and comfortable, and ideal if you only want short-time, which is probably a good strategy if this is your rookie trip.

Only you know your flight and package prices. So work out if paying an extra 800 pesos a fuck results in a saving or not.If the one week package with meals is cheaper than the flight alone, then of course it is a deal even if you rent another hotel room for the duration. Do the math. And Dulce Secreto is 600 pesos base rate, but you can take two girls together for no additional premium.

Questner
07-01-15, 05:08
AI package math on a single occupancy never works unless you have a travel agent who can offer a deep rebate over a retail.

An example:

Airfare only $550. Then you book a GF condo or hotel, etc.

Sale package AI like Casa Marina 7 days on double occupancy: $650.

Same sale package AI like Casa Marina 7 days on single occupancy: $850.

In any case you have to have a GF lodging or pay cabanas, and most will prefer food and drinks at their own terms.

Again usually there are no good sales over 7 days.

Coole Mr
07-24-15, 21:44
Any truth to the rumor that Residencial CasaLinda want allow guest after 9 pm.

Manizales911
07-26-15, 22:09
I am heading to DR in two weeks and will be in Sosua for just two days before heading out to Las Terrenas. I want to try the Europa, is it any good? Specifically, how are the beds, they advertise king size beds but the photo I looked at showed a smaller bed. Any rooms I should avoid or rooms that are preferable over others for one reason or another? Thanks in advance.

JjBee62
07-27-15, 01:33
I am heading to DR in two weeks and will be in Sosua for just two days before heading out to Las Terrenas. I want to try the Europa, is it any good? Specifically, how are the beds, they advertise king size beds but the photo I looked at showed a smaller bed. Any rooms I should avoid or rooms that are preferable over others for one reason or another? Thanks in advance.I can't remember if the bed in my room was a king or a queen. It was pretty comfortable and I believe it was a king. Behind the hotel is a school. If you don't mind the extra walk, the backside room I had was absolutely quiet at night. However, if you like to sleep in late, it can be pretty noisy from the school, during the day. I doubt if there's too much late night noise at the front. All the rooms have a balcony overlooking the pool / Jacuzzi area and my AC worked great.

OldKool
07-27-15, 05:10
If you stay three nights the rate is 40 a night. The wifi, showers and refrigerators all work great. The beds are fine for me but I am not real hard to please. It is very chica friendly unless you want to bring more then one girl. The girls must have cedulas or no go. Over all I thought I got my moneys worth. I also banged one of the bar girls.

I am heading to DR in two weeks and will be in Sosua for just two days before heading out to Las Terrenas. I want to try the Europa, is it any good? Specifically, how are the beds, they advertise king size beds but the photo I looked at showed a smaller bed. Any rooms I should avoid or rooms that are preferable over others for one reason or another? Thanks in advance.

Member #4398
11-03-15, 23:11
Any recent reviews on Perla De Sosua Hotel https://www.facebook.com/PerlaDeSosua/ at la propiedad # 7 (Located behind Popular Bank) -near the streets of Alejo Martinez and Durate, Sosúa, RD. Phone:(702) 258-7376. Is this hotel chica friendly? How is this hotel, safety, the staff, cleanliness, and how are the beds? Is it walking distance to the beach and the action at Pedro Clisante? Do you need to take a taxi or motoconcho to bring a chica from a Pedro Clisante bar or is it close enough to the action to walk there and take a girl waking? Is this hotel a good base to stay in Sosua? I appreciate any responses.

Cerebro

Parkinsons
11-04-15, 14:12
Any recent reviews on Perla De Sosua Hotel https://www.facebook.com/PerlaDeSosua/ at la propiedad # 7 (Located behind Popular Bank) -near the streets of Alejo Martinez and Durate, Sosa, RD. Phone:(702) 258-7376. Is this hotel chica friendly? How is this hotel, safety, the staff, cleanliness, and how are the beds? Is it walking distance to the beach and the action at Pedro Clisante? Do you need to take a taxi or motoconcho to bring a chica from a Pedro Clisante bar or is it close enough to the action to walk there and take a girl waking? Is this hotel a good base to stay in Sosua? I appreciate any responses.

CerebroIsn't this the hotel whose owner (US expat) was missing and later found murdered? (R. I. P.) I'm not totally informed of the story but some said the Dominican girlfriend / manager conspired with her gringo lover to take over the property (please correct me if I'm wrong). I just know that when this all went down earlier this year there was big confusion with guests' reservation and mishandling of money.

I wouldn't stay there if the situation is not yet resolved.

Member #4398
11-05-15, 03:09
Isn't this the hotel whose owner (US expat) was missing and later found murdered? (R. I. P.) I'm not totally informed of the story but some said the Dominican girlfriend / manager conspired with her gringo lover to take over the property (please correct me if I'm wrong). I just know that when this all went down earlier this year there was big confusion with guests' reservation and mishandling of money.
I wouldn't stay there if the situation is not yet resolved.Thanks Parkinsons. I'm not going there. Too messy situation. This I got from trip advisor, a comment from February 2015:

For those of you that have posted "Scam" or a bad review about Perla de Sosua you should know a few things. Perla de Sosua never had a new owner. The original owner is Brent Lewis. He was a wonderful host that would always try to make your stay at his place a great time. Mr. Lewis has been missing since the first week of November 2014. That is the same time self proclaimed owner "Frankie Fixit" aka Frank V. Sorichetti claimed to purchase the hotel. Mr. Frankie Fixit and his girlfriend Maria Geraldine de la Rosa, Mr. Lewis' hotel manager are now in jail and charged with forgery. There is an on going investigation into the disappearance of Mr. Brent Lewis and the USA Embassy (State Dept.) and the F. Be. I. Are involved. The hotel is under the control of the District Attorney but rooms are being rented to loyal customers on a cash only basis. Due to the office being off limits (crime scene) no credit cards can be processed. A close family friend is managing the hotel for Mr. Lewis' family. If you lost money to these thieves please make a police report if you are in town. Thank you!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g317146-d1059840-r252190407-Perla_de_Sosua-Sosua_Puerto_Plata_Province_Dominican_Republic.html#.

Ghana2017
11-05-15, 08:50
Is there any hotels that allows girls to hang out in like New Garden use too?

Tablefall
11-06-15, 02:15
Any recent reviews on Perla De Sosua Hotel https://www.facebook.com/PerlaDeSosua/ at la propiedad # 7 (Located behind Popular Bank) -near the streets of Alejo Martinez and Durate, Sosa, RD. Phone:(702) 258-7376. Is this hotel chica friendly? How is this hotel, safety, the staff, cleanliness, and how are the beds? Is it walking distance to the beach and the action at Pedro Clisante? Do you need to take a taxi or motoconcho to bring a chica from a Pedro Clisante bar or is it close enough to the action to walk there and take a girl waking? Is this hotel a good base to stay in Sosua? I appreciate any responses.

CerebroI understand how people can be very nervous because of the past owner situation.

I stayed there mid September into October 2015. The hotel is run professionally by the past owner relative.

Loyal customers still rent rooms. There is more security day and night. I had no fear or problems in my stay.

I felt very secure in spite of what went down with the past owner. It is still another good option if you choose to rent a room.

It is still like home for me. This is my experience, I am one of the loyal customers.

Oakie
11-13-15, 15:09
Hi guys:

Any update on this hotel?

TIA.

World Jockey
11-15-15, 15:28

CerebroI have not been there in a few years but I can vouch for the location. It is tucked away in a nice little corner behind the bank. Very close to all the action; no need even for a motoconcho.

I met Mr Lewis before and he ran it very well. What I liked about this place was how chica friendly it was. No peering eyes from front desk girls or walk of shame.

Member #4398
11-17-15, 02:39
Thanks for the reply. Even if the place is great and chica friendly, I am not staying in that place. The murder of Mr. Lewis, the past owner, is enough of deterrent for me.

I have not been there in a few years but I can vouch for the location. It is tucked away in a nice little corner behind the bank. Very close to all the action; no need even for a motoconcho.

I met Mr Lewis before and he ran it very well. What I liked about this place was how chica friendly it was. No peering eyes from front desk girls or walk of shame.

Member #4398
11-23-15, 18:09
On this site, there is a listing of hotels from many towns of the DR, Puerto Plata, Sosua, Santiago, Santo Domingo, etc:

http://alojamientodominicano.com/localidad_sosua

LMauricio12
11-25-15, 04:15
I am planning a trip in March. I am looking at some of D.hotels and will probably do New Garden or Europa. To get the best price, do you guys usually call the hotel and reserve directly or would booking it online through websites like Expedia be a smarter decision?

Charles Pooter
11-25-15, 13:14
To get the best price, do you guys usually call the hotel and reserve directly or would booking it online through websites like Expedia be a smarter decision?To get the best price, and to avoid them fucking up your booking, do not book at all. Just walk in once you arrive in Sosua. In the extremely unlikely event they are full, there will always be another hotel with a vacancy. No need to get hung up on any particular hotel. There are several of much the same standard. That is proven by the fact that you could ask ten different posters here which is their favorite and you would get ten different answers.

Has the additional advantage that you can actually see the room before committing.

Take a list of hotels in your preferred order, just in case, but nine times out of ten the first on your list will have a vacancy. And if they have a vacancy, and you are standing there with dollars or pesos in your hand, you are in a strong negotiating position.

My advice does not hold good for Superbowl, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, or Semana Santa.

JjBee62
11-25-15, 15:21
I am planning a trip in March. I am looking at some of D.hotels and will probably do New Garden or Europa. To get the best price, do you guys usually call the hotel and reserve directly or would booking it online through websites like Expedia be a smarter decision?The cheap, discounted rates on the discount websites will be about 50% higher than the rate going directly through the hotel. New Garden, Casa Valeria and Plaza Europa all offer rooms for about $40 USD per night. Booking dot Com lists them at $75, $68 and $50, respectively.

You can book with Europa through email. Shortly before your trip it's a good idea to call and verify your reservation.

Stebo419
02-10-16, 17:28
I am planning a trip in March. I am looking at some of D.hotels and will probably do New Garden or Europa. To get the best price, do you guys usually call the hotel and reserve directly or would booking it online through websites like Expedia be a smarter decision?Try out Casa Cayena $65 a night breakfast and dinner included. You can make reservations through their website.

LustInEmae16
02-12-16, 02:26
I think it is much better to walk in after you arrived because a lot of hotel that are vacant there and a more affordable prices. You can choose a hotel that you want and you will not probably tie to a certain hotel. I hope you enjoy your stay there.

Sammon
02-12-16, 04:12
I think it is much better to walk in after you arrived because a lot of hotel that are vacant there and a more affordable prices. You can choose a hotel that you want and you will not probably tie to a certain hotel. I hope you enjoy your stay there.Not a good idea to walk around or drive around looking for vacancy. Popular hotels gets filled fast. Yes, you will likely to get a room somewhere but it may not be your liking. Once I reserved a room at piergeorgio and looking on the website it looked good. They showed me a shitty room. I walked out. Went to Europa but all they had was a top floor room. I had a bad experience staying at the top floor because it gets very very hot and the air on is not powerful enough to cool the room. After that I went to Casa Cayena and they just had one room. It is a nice hotel although far from the main drag if you are walking. I rent a car so it is not a problem for me.

Wapau Slayer
02-14-16, 14:19
Pulled in first night Feb. 8th 6 pm, did one lap around the block to check the action and boom, saw one I liked she singed at me, so I waved up here I can pull over, she ran up to the car and I asked her was was the scoop in Spanish. I'm from the island east of DR]. She replied 2000 for a 2 hour sesh and I said 1000 she said 1500,I replied you know the price is 1000 and she said how much would you give me? I said 1000 and dinner she got in the car faster that she could say yes. Went to dinner and then went to the hotel. 18 year, old spinner with a wapau ass BBBJ for 10 min not bad for 18 then, spun her in every way possible good sesh. Second night called her and seshed again 6 pm then I went to Rumba and watched for a while till the one showed up! Called her over asked how much she said 2000 I tried same tactic and she wouldn't budge, so I let her go,20 mints later she walked by and I said you ready she said lets go, Anabel oh my god what an ass and body 21 yrs old super good BBBJ and she could snap those hips reverse cowboy like lighting. That's a double in one night for about 75 bucks including dinner. Got love Sosua.

Newport
02-15-16, 07:33
[Personal message deleted by Admin]

==============================================

Gentlemen,

Please communicate personal messages via the PM System

The Open Forum is generally intended for the posting of information that is of interest to all readers.

Please use the Forum's Private Message system to exchange personal information and make personal plans.

Thank You

TomJackin
03-16-16, 23:37
I got a news letter from Wilfried saying because of the previous owner, the hotel had to change names to Hotel Sosua Sunrise.

Wilfried is still the manager and the staff is still intact.

I guess I just understand business; name changes and such.

I wish him all the best.

Grandnash84
03-17-16, 00:00
After that I went to Casa Cayena and they just had one room. It is a nice hotel although far from the main drag if you are walking. You must be talking about a different hotel or your not comfortable walking one city block.

Haunted
04-04-16, 14:58
Planning another trip to Sosua.

Last time I stayed in one of the 'apartments' at Casa Valeria. Enjoyed it very much, room was well kept and just steps away from the main strip.

Unfortunately, it seems to be very hard to get one of these rooms. I believe they only have 2.

Any other suggestions for something nice and close to action?

I stayed at Casa Cayena once, 3rd floor I think, but the AC just didn't cut it.

Thanks in advance!

Boriman
04-05-16, 05:25
I did a round of the hotels about a year and a half ago. Check my post, #873, to give you an idea of some of the hotels in the area.