PDA

View Full Version : Trouble makers in the Colombia Forum

Admin
12-26-07, 21:33
What is it about the Colombia forum seems to breed the largest number of persistent trouble makers in the entire ISG Forum?

Casa Medellin
12-26-07, 23:53
Colombia is the playground of two types of people that have diametrically opposing objectives.

Group one: To live in big Colombian mansions with 10 women on call. Money means nothing to them since they are entrepreneurs who can make money anywhere. Life to them is one big drunken orgy.

Group two: NMGs who have Joe Jobs in the United States. They have to save up every cent to come down once a year and become infuriated when a poor tick infested street girl wants more money per hour than they make at home.

Group two would prefer group one does not exist.

There is a book called “Anarchy, State and Utopia”. I suggest everyone reads the chapter on envy as it explains this phenomenon very clearly.

What is it about the Colombia forum seems to breed the largest number of persistent trouble makers in the entire ISG Forum?

Tungurahua
12-27-07, 00:28
Seems to me the Columbia forum mirrors the country quite well.

Cornhusker
12-27-07, 02:03
Colombia is the playground of two types of people that have diametrically opposing objectives.

Group one: To live in big Colombian mansions with 10 women on call. Money means nothing to them since they are entrepreneurs who can make money anywhere. Life to them is one big drunken orgy.

Group two: NMGs who have Joe Jobs in the United States. They have to save up every cent to come down once a year and become infuriated when a poor tick infested street girl wants more money per hour than they make at home.

Group two would prefer group one does not exist.

There is a book called “Anarchy, State and Utopia”. I suggest everyone reads the chapter on envy as it explains this phenomenon very clearly.LMAO, Man you have really hit the nail on the head this time. I could have not said it better myself. group 1 rocks, poverty sucks!!! LOL. Chusker.

Winner71
12-27-07, 07:21
I personally believe that anytime you allow advertisers to post in forums other than "Advertising" forums or thier own forums you will always have problems. Especially when the advertiser has "NO" credibility. People begin to question the advertiser and it turns into the advertiser having to use threats, insults, or hide behind others to try to make himself look credible.

That is what I have seen on this thread over the years. For the most part you've gotten rid of all the bad apples, though it typically takes you a long time to do so.

Heck look at the first post after you started this thread. Who typed it? An advertiser. And look at what he wrote. Is that not the most idiotic far from the truth reality of the typical Colombian tourist? I'd venture to say that the 2 groups described don't even make up 1% of Colombian tourists even when you combine the 2 groups described.

"1 of the 2 groups that visit Colombia are entrepreneurs that can make money anywhere and live a big drunken orgy. " huh? Maybe I'm wrong, but most entrepreneurs are scared shitless to go to Colombia and those that do go watch their backs quite well and spend very frugally. In fact, most entrepreneurs are very frugal by nature anyways. I. E. Warren Buffet is a regular at a fast food joint that I won't name. Not only that, he has a "Free for life" card. Granted, he is a different breed, but for the most part most successful entrpreneurs are very good about managing thier money. And do so rather frugally.

In fact, when I go to Colombia I spend quite a bit on dinners with la novia, rumbeando, entertainment, taxis etc. The place to save money in Colombia is on lodging and P4P. Many will say that novias are more expensive in the long run. I disagree, why? Because I am going to go to an expensive restaurant for dinner regardless and I prefer to do so with a date. Do I want to go look for a puta so I can take her to a 100k+ dinner or would I prefer to have a regular novia that I enjoy my time with. Same goes for going to a disco, I'm going to buy a bottle either way. Whether I'm with a date or solo. It's all about utilizing your cash efficiently. That has nothing to do with being a cheapskate or tacano. It's all about money-management. Which the wealthiest entrepreneurs in the world have mastered.

The 2 things I budget myself to in Colombia is lodging and chicas. There are more reasons than monetary to do this. It makes sense. You don't want to create attention in Colombia. You don't want a chica to think you have a lot of wealth either. Thus if you can find a novia that is humble enough to appreciate you in the 40k-60k apartamentos. Which are quite nice I might add. She'll really enjoy it when you take her out and spend a few hundred thousand pesos in the evening on dinner and drinks. Especially when you do it night after night.

One might say. Well then a novia is more expensive. My answer is. No it is absolutely not for those that enjoy the finer things in life. Nice dinners at 5 star restaurants and drinking the night away at the finer clubs. That's what life is about. IMO. Finding someone you enjoy spending your time with and spend away just as you would on any vacation. Difference in my opinion is. I see no need to pay a chica to be with me nor do I see any need to pay $100 for a room when I can get an apartment almost as nice with all the same ammenties for 40-60k pesos and have complete privacy. The goal here is you do not want to have attention thrown on you in Colombia, nor do you want to impress a gal with your lodging. All that will do is create an aura of "I'm rich. ". Which is exactly what you do not want in Colombia.

Not sure about this drunken orgy idea. I don't hear too many successful businessmen saying. "I don't care about money, and life is like one big drunken orgy."

MJG Dogs
12-27-07, 07:42
What an insulting posting by casa medellin.

How about group three- Guys who go to CTG, MDE, who study what the going rate is for chicas, who don't make waves, who don't want to stay at a frat house full of other gringos, who will sometimes pay a little over the norm for a hot chica, who understand it is a roulette wheel with the chicas, Guys that make multiple trips yearly, not saving pennies to come down, but have learned by trail and error and understand how the game is played from previous trips...

I am not poor, have paid anywhere from 20K per hour to $ 200 TLN, ( for a stunning and I mean stunning model in Cali), have no desire to stay at the mansions and drink until I pass out. I also have regular chicas that I visit, all low key etc.... I know a guy that comes to CTG that makes over 500K USD per year and is more of a tightwad with the chicas then I am, so everyone is different and do not broad brush everyone...

I do not mind group one people at all, in fact I admire them for must of them worked their asses off in order to acquire the wealth that they have accumulated.. They may hae a lot of money, but I bet many of them were working 60-70 hours a week when they were younger and played the corporate game, more power to them, not my style, but more power to them.....

Aussie Greg
12-27-07, 14:32
I only have 2 girlfriends and the other night I took them both to El Carroll for a burger at Ovierdo.

Even Medellin Bob carnt do that !!!

Aussie Greg.

Latina Passion
12-27-07, 16:19
LMAO, Man you have really hit the nail on the head this time. I could have not said it better myself. group 1 rocks, poverty sucks!!! LOL. Chusker.

Of course you could not have siad it better! Because we all know you could not come up with an independent thought if your life depended on it!

Dude you are to sad, get banned then invent another name for yourself, well son your 15 minutes of fame is just about over with, just like mine, but I will not feel the need to reinvent myself!

What a sad life you must live, live to flame on ISG LMFAO!

BeersTerry
12-27-07, 16:40
It must be Christmas.

All the chicas went home to be with their families leaving you guys alot of time to kill.

Berthold
12-27-07, 17:05
Of course you could not have siad it better! Because we all know you could not come up with an independent thought if your life depended on it!

Dude you are to sad, get banned then invent another name for yourself, well son your 15 minutes of fame is just about over with, just like mine, but I will not feel the need to reinvent myself!

What a sad life you must live, live to flame on ISG LMFAO!

Yeah agree with you, his post history says it all, 10 posts 0 information and the rest is personal attacks.

Sailor2006
12-27-07, 17:41
Casa.

WOW I mean WOW, to think something like that is one this to say it is another, whats funny is that since your running a hotel youll have to deal with "those class II" people, if you wanna make any money! Say what you want EVERYBODY on hear knows its the truth, we have living examples!

Some more facts

There are no "classes of people". Despite what you or others may think

Colombia isn't a "play ground" its a country! Respect that

Jackson asked a question I'll give him an answear.

1. You have three seperate thrads of hotels targeting your members, now customers have direct lines to complain or praise their owners.

2. Colombia is new ground for many, who were afaird so new arrivals share ideas and opinions with veterans and argue.

3. Veterans have to be hostile to the change they see or indiffrent or happy but arguments will rise.

4. Casa said their are diffrent classes of people who go to Colombia, in reality its the attitudes of people, regardless of economic wealth or status, some people come to Colombia to live the "las vagas dream". Women, the illusion of money, being able to say your rich becuase compared to the local population you are. Also many visitors just come for cheap hookers, or cheap lifestyle like retired people, and many come for other reasons or mixing of reasons, all of this will creat arguments period, its life.

MJG Dogs
12-27-07, 20:18
Sailor 2006;

This guy Casa medellin is sure full of himself...

Casa Medellin
12-27-07, 20:20
NMG = No Money Guy

No Money Guys are pretty easy to identify. You can usually find them bragging about the hotel they found for $7 and the hooker they found for $5. The fact that both the hotel and the hooker are infested with ticks is irrelevant because they got themselves a bargain. Often NMGs will talk about the “free” encounter they had but normally forget to mention the girl looked like Oprah.

No Money Guys love to give out free business advise to people they do not know especially when that advise relates to things they cannot afford. The irony is that if the NMGs had any business skills then they would have money, and therefore no longer be NMGs. One should be very careful when reading advice from a NMG unless you too want to become a NMG. Nothing can make you become a NGM faster than taking business advice from a NMG.

No Money Guys hate expensive hotels because they are afraid the owners might make money. They think everyone in the world should also be a NMG. When they see someone successful it really pisses them off since it makes it so obvious that they are NMGs.

No Money Guys like to use “cool” Internet names to describe themselves. If you see a name like “winner”, “IamKing” “bigdick” or “karateman” then you can almost be certain it is a NMG. They are like the fat girl who uses “sexy69” as her alias.

No Money Guys have a lot of time to post criticism on the Internet since they have no money to go out and get laid. Guys with money spend their time in Colombia getting laid so they have no time to post about how expensive hotels are.

No Money Guys often like to take photographs every time they ejaculate. Photographic evidence is needed so the NMGs can remember exactly how they spent their money even if it was just $5.00.

No Money Guys are not fun to hang out with because they are always talking about the thing they do not have, viz; money. When hanging out with a NMG you will often hear things like “Man, that beer was $2.00, what a rip-off” or “You paid how much? You got ripped off” or “Holy shit that is expensive, I only paid…..” People with money cannot spend more than 10 minutes with a NMG because the constant references to money gives normal people headaches.

No Money Guys can be found at night time walking around the streets of San Diego trying to negotiate with street girls. If the poor hungry girl asks for $20.00 then the NMG will immediately run to the nearest computer to post a warning that the prices are “going through the roof!” and better be careful since they are asking “gringo prices now”. However, if the poor hungry girl asks for $10.00 then the NMG will post about what a “sweetheart” he found who did not charge extra for anal because “she really liked me”.

No Money Guys are always trying to find a scam so they can live in places like Colombia with little or no money. Once upon a time, in a country not so far away, there were a couple of “brothers” who gave everyone 3% a month return on their “investment”. Several NMGs told me that I should also invest in the brothers. When the beer came out my nostrils from laughing too hard the NMGs usually became very angry before explaining how I “did not know how things worked down here”. Several of the same NMGs are now in Colombia minus the money they “invested”.

No Money Guys always have negative things to say about almost everything. When someone buys a really nice apartment a MNG will say “I would never buy something like that because [insert lame excuse here].” When someone buys a nice car a NMG will say “I would never buy something like that because [insert other lame excuse here]. The fact of the matter is the NMG would never buy either because he has no fucking money to buy anything.

No Money Guys spoil the party. If you want to go for diner at Parque Lleras it is too expensive for them. If they do come they will complain all night about the price of the food and explain how the owners are “screwing us”. If you want to call some girls they will whine about the taxi fair. Once the girls arrive they will try to talk them down to a price that pisses off the girls. Once the girls are pissed then the night is fucked. Thank you NMG.

No Money Guys always have invisible rich friends. You will never meet the friend but you will often hear about how the NMG’s friend has a better [insert anything here] than you do. “Oh, sure, that is a nice XXXX but my friend has a much nicer one.” “Yep…yep…your car only goes 166mph but I once saw a car that went 195mph.” “My friend once paid a girl $500.” “My friend would never stay in a dump like where you live……yada, yada, yada.”

No Money Guys have always been to better places compared to where you have been. They always know about the place where thousands of beautiful girls just lined up to give their pussy away for free to any gringo. NMGs usually tell you about this “other” place in between complaining about where they presently are. When you ask them why they do not go back to the “other” place they get mad. The fact is when they are at the “other” place they complain exactly the same and talk about how they know somewhere else that is better.

Casa Medellin
12-27-07, 20:34
By the way, for all the NMGs who are whining like bitches. I am the guy who provides the most detailed information on ISG about buying and investing in Colombia. I do this for FREE. A lot of people on here are thanking me privately. Of course, the NMGs will never invest so they like to flame me. I am starting to think a lot of the flaming is because they do not want other people investing down here so they think they can silence me.

Just to make the NMGs mad I think I will put up a free real estate listing site in English, and offer my consultation to any gringo for free. I would love to see a few thousand more gringos living down here as it would scare away the remaining NMGs.

MJG Dogs
12-27-07, 20:39
What is your problem dude?

Why are you so angry?

I would think that someone whom owned a business that catered to mainly middle class people would not be making such absurd postings. You make so many generalizations in your last post. what is the matter dude? Did Aussie Greg get under your skin? or some monger?

grow up little boy, you obviously have some insecurities.

Maybe you should only allow people that make 250K USD a year to stay at your mansion. OR maybe demand a copy of the monger's W2 form, upon making a reservation. Or maybe we should examine your financial records, and see whom is real bankrolling your operation.....?????

Anyway, why would someone with half a brain ask a bunch of gringos for Real estate information in Colombia.

Casa Medellin
12-27-07, 20:48
Well, if we go back to the original source of the problem, it all started when I told a potential customer that I would not let him stay in my hotel because he wanted three children to sleep in the room with him who were all under the age of seven. His response was to start flaming me on ISG. I then opened an account, and a whole bunch of people jumped in to flame me. Most of my posts are just answering the flamers.

What is your problem dude?

Why are you so angry?

I would think that someone whom owned a business that catered to mainly middle class people would not be making such absurd postings. You make so many generalizations in your last post. what is the matter dude? Did Aussie Greg get under your skin? or some monger?

grow up little boy, you obviously have some insecurities.

Maybe you should only allow people that make 250K USD a year to stay at your mansion. OR maybe demand a copy of the monger's W2 form, upon making a reservation. Or maybe we should examine your financial records, and see whom is real bankrolling your operation.....?????

Anyway, why would someone with half a brain ask a bunch of gringos for Real estate information in Colombia.

MJG Dogs
12-27-07, 20:56
Well the guy is a fool. the world is full of them. No need to punk most of the members here, whom are not rich.......

Casa Medellin
12-27-07, 21:06
I am not punking most of the members. My posts are all directed to the 4-5 people who continue to flame everything I write. They are certainly not intended for everyone here. Also, most people on here I am sure see the humor in my posts except the true NMGs.

Well the guy is a fool. the world is full of them. No need to punk most of the members here, whom are not rich.......

MJG Dogs
12-27-07, 21:19
Oh hell it could be worse we all could be in Pakistan right now...

You are always subject to being flamed in here. I have been and will be probably flamed again in the future. Comes with the territory

Frannie
12-27-07, 21:20
I am not punking most of the members. My posts are all directed to the 4-5 people who continue to flame everything I write. They are certainly not intended for everyone here. Also, most people on here I am sure see the humor in my posts except the true NMGs.

Your long post about NMGs had me ROTFLOL. Funniest thing I have read for a long time, and not without a certain amount of truth, especially about the super macho Internet handles and nicknames, freebies, etc.

Not just in Columbia, either.

Sailor2006
12-27-07, 21:38
I apologizes if my rant about 80 dollar rooms being expensive, set you off on your radical rant, please don't kill your maid in rage or anger about NMG's or whatever.

Aussie Greg
12-27-07, 23:52
Beer, gidday mate.

If fact, alot of chickas come back to Medellin for christmas, been here for the last 3 christamases, dont believe that Medellin is dead.

Aussie Greg.

It must be Christmas.

All the chicas went home to be with their families leaving you guys alot of time to kill.

Latina Passion
12-28-07, 00:53
EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted because the content of the report was largely argumentative. Please read the Forum FAQ and the Forum's Posting Guidelines for more information. Thank You!

Latina Passion
12-28-07, 03:41
Casa, do you really give a rats ass about what Cyber MJG Dogs has to say!

This all started because a few guys including myself thought that $80 a night is to much money to pay for a ROOM, damn near anyplace in Colombia!

The reason why it continues is because you continue to persist that $80 is some type of bargain and you continue to blanket the Colombia threads with your self-promoting advertising! "Before you buy property in Colombia look at this:http://youtube.com/watch?v=qgW8Y7F8DN8 This is a bit outdated but it makes a valid point!http://ia.ita.doc.gov/wages/01wages/01wages.html

To be honest with you guys are not jealous of you making a buck, in fact they could careless, it is the never ending self-promotion that most guys are sick of!

Casa, I have stayed at your place in Cartagena, the one with the two Hammocks, that is in the same building as another well known member here, and I have had friends that have stayed at your MTV Cribs pad, that place is off the hook, I will give you that!

Dude those places sell themselves, why not let your place in Medellin to the same?

The funny thing is Aussie's place is about the same price as your place, but aint no one complaning about his place or his prices now are they?

But when they have, Aussie says what he has to say and moves the fuck on and lets the Mansion sell itself!!!

I'm no Aussie cheerleader but when I have asked the man for additional places,other then his place he has freely given up the information, without an additional sells pitch, because this is what this Foroum is really all about, free unbias info!

Jackson: I love this thread I don't want to go! I request not to be retired at this time, I want to make Corn cry like the little biatch that he is first!!!

MJG, no flme here I just think it is really silly for another man to get his panties in a bunch over your personal opinion.

Hold the phone here for just a second! You turned down a guy that wanted to stay in your Hotel! Then you opened an account on ISG, to flame him back? Something is wrong with this story!

Well, if we go back to the original source of the problem, it all started when I told a potential customer that I would not let him stay in my hotel because he wanted three children to sleep in the room with him who were all under the age of seven. His response was to start flaming me on ISG. I then opened an account, and a whole bunch of people jumped in to flame me. Most of my posts are just answering the flamers.

Winner71
12-28-07, 04:36
The reason the Mansion, VIP, and el Castillo have customers is not only because they are nice, but the people that run them and the employees have something to add. If ownership, management, or employees lack in professionalism and/or customer service when trying to attain a US customer base you can kiss that projected occupancy rate goodbye. There are many many luxurious places to stay and rooms to rent in Poblado for a fraction of the cost. Places have to have added value to attract customers. That added value is the poeple that run the place. Plain and simple.

Put 2 and 2 together folks. Offering 30% discounts the week before Xmas in Medellin, LOL.

I actually think I personally know the owner of the Cartagena Penthouse. Maybe not. About 5 years ago, I met an individual who had this bright idea of putting a hot-tub on the top floor of his building in Laguito. His idea was to get a helicopter to place it on top. A year later he was still talking about it. I'm curious if that helicopter plan ever panned out. Regardless, who the hell wants to sit in a hot-tub in Cartagena? Much less an outdoor hot-tub in Cartagena.

I smurk when I read some of the complete non-sense written on these boards lately. An entrepreneur who wants to "live the life of a drunken orgy. " I'm sorry but that is just not the psychology of a successful businessman/entrepreneur. In fact, it's more the mindset of an irresponsible wannabe rockstar that saves every penny to go to Colombia every other year.

One thing is certain, without any doubt. A place is only as good as the ownership, management, and employees that run it. Luxurious ammenities is a very small piece of the puzzle.

I see a For Sale sign up very soon in the neighborhood of Las Balsos.

I for one am in awe that Jackson could even ask the question of "Why are there trouble makers in the Colombia forum? " Helllloo, read the post of the advertisers that cause all the commotion. Both the troublesome advertisers that have been banned as well as the current troublesome advertiser. What's the point of even asking the question if you are going to continue to allow him to post in the ISG forum. What you are really getting across to all of us is that you will let 1 person bring down the thread of an entire country of ISG because you have some sort of personal interest in that posters operation. I understand business relationships, but you have to admit the advertiser in question has not only brought down the entire Colombia threads to new lows never seen, but also pretty much cut any shot of ever getting any business from the site or anyone on this site who knows anyone.

It takes 100 people to say glowing things about a place to offset 1 person that has bad things to say about a place. How many customers is this advertiser really getting from being on this site? Better question is how many potential future customers has he lost.

Read the responses to Ricker, Cubanut, Fantasy, etc. Some of the most senior longest lasting most helpful members of this board. He's come out and just flat out offended every member of this site.

Casa, do you really give a rats ass about what Cyber MJG Dogs has to say!

This all started because a few guys including myself thought that $80 a night is to much money to pay for a ROOM, damn near anyplace in Colombia!

The reason why it continues is because you continue to persist that $80 is some type of bargain and you continue to blanket the Colombia threads with your self-promoting advertising! "Before you buy property in Colombia look at this:http://youtube.com/watch?v=qgW8Y7F8DN8

To be honest with you guys are not jealous of you making a buck, in fact they could careless, it is the never ending self-promotion that most guys are sick of!

Casa, I have stayed at your place in Cartagena, the one with the two Hammocks, that is in the same building as another well known member here, and I have had friends that have stayed at your MTV Cribs pad, that place is off the hook, I will give you that!

Dude those places sell themselves, why not let your place in Medellin to the same?

The funny thing is Aussie's place is about the same price as your place, but aint no one complaning about his place or his prices now are they?

But when they have, Aussie says what he has to say and moves the fuck on and lets the Mansion sell itself!!!

I'm no Aussie cheerleader but when I have asked the man for additional places to pick from he has freely given me the information!

Jackson: I love this thread I don't want to go! I request not to be retired at this time, I want to make Corn cry like a little biatch that he is first!!!

Casa Medellin
12-28-07, 06:32

No, they do not complain because they are cheerleaders for his place. You are right though that the prices are about the same.

Hold the phone here for just a second! You turned down a guy that wanted to stay in your Hotel! Then you opened an account on ISG, to flame him back? Something is wrong with this story!

Yes, I turned him down since he wanted to bring children in the place which is against the rules. He then decided to tell everyone on ISG that my place sucked even though he had never been here. I felt it was necessary to open this account to respond to his unjust criticism.

Berthold
12-28-07, 08:50
Jackson, the answer is quite simple. There are not a large number of trouble makers in the Colombia section. Most of these are all the same person you have banned over and over and over again. I’m surprised you are not able to pick up his ridiculous writing style and allow him to roam around wrecking havoc for a few weeks before you take him out (again).

You actually fell into his trap by creating a new thread which he is primarily responsible for. This excites the poor bastard even more which will only insure his return. There’s only one thing you can do at this point. You need to ban Cornhusker today and then be on the lookout for the next version of him. Same loser, different name.

Totally agree with you, he has not realized so far, that when you don`t like a thread just don`t read it instead of calling posters of this threads names.
He should be banned, he needs to be thaught a lesson.

Cornhusker
12-28-07, 09:34
Well, if we go back to the original source of the problem, it all started when I told a potential customer that I would not let him stay in my hotel because he wanted three children to sleep in the room with him who were all under the age of seven. His response was to start flaming me on ISG. I then opened an account, and a whole bunch of people jumped in to flame me. Most of my posts are just answering the flamers.You did the right thing and what you should do now is grow a thicker skin, just laugh it up, that is free publicity. They in their deepest ENVY are making you famous, and in the business world that means bucks. And you are not the only one that gets flamed, our friend nibu does all the time and IT still here in many forms LOL. Now it posts youtube videos LMAO. Just count your bills and let the others suffer. If I ever get to Medelin, I am sure I will get a great room at your place and we will laugh our heads off. Let the nmgs sleep in a bench at the park, that will work great with the femmes LOL. Povery sucks! Chusker.

Casa Medellin
12-28-07, 15:28
The helicopter story is kind of funny. The guy came by with the helicopter and decided it was too windy and wanted me to wait 2-3 months for safety. So we found another helicopter where the pilot had more balls but he looked a little crazy. He would not insure the whole thing either.

So I rented a big crane. See I do things properly. You can even read about the crane here http://www.cartagenapenthouse.com/spa The police closed all of Laguito for a few hours to get that hot tub on the roof.

Was it a bright idea? No, it was fucking BRILLIANT. People line up to stay in the penthouse at $300-$450 a night. It is usually booked 20 days of any month. During high season there is sometimes bidding wars. I single handily brought the entire Cartagena rentals to a new height. After that many of the gringos started remodeling their apartments which offered everyone more choice of nice places to stay. Of course, better quality meant some people asked more money. Some of the NMGs resented this but that is how life is. Sorry NMGs!

The clients LOVE that hot tub! Anyone who has sat in it with 4-5 girls looking over the ocean at night time knows that Mr. Penthouse had a fucking VISION. People write me email telling me how obscene the penthouse is. I get offers on it about once a month that are 300% more than I invested. It was a fucking VISION and it WORKED. It is incredible you are flaming me about my success. It would be like me calling up Trump and saying he is stupid for being so rich.

By you calling it a "bright idea" shows you intelligence. I spend $10,000 USD to to get that tub from Miami to the roof. All the dumb asses said I was wasting my money. They were all so wrong. Why are you guys always so wrong about money things?

Now, guess what, I am in Medellin pimping out my house. There are a few little flamers on there who doubt I can do it, AND NOW I SEE YOU ARE THE SAME FLAMERS WHO DOUBTED THE PENTHOUSE!!!!!! It is all making sense!!

Anyway, someone came by just last week and offered me about $300,000 USD more for my house than I paid for it. You never know, $300K is a hell of a turn around for a year of sitting in Medellin banging girls. Have you even made $300K in your whole life?

By the way, the hot tub was on the roof working much less than a year, so I was not talking about the helicopter a year later. Thank you though for pointing out what lengths I go to in order to provide the best possible things for my clients. I really do work hard to make my clients happy. Anyone can see that now that you have explained the hot tub story to everyone. The Medellin house is no exception. I provide the best service, the highest quality rooms, all for the low price starting at $80. It is a real bargain!

I actually think I personally know the owner of the Cartagena Penthouse. Maybe not. About 5 years ago, I met an individual who had this bright idea of putting a hot-tub on the top floor of his building in Laguito. His idea was to get a helicopter to place it on top. A year later he was still talking about it. I'm curious if that helicopter plan ever panned out. Regardless, who the hell wants to sit in a hot-tub in Cartagena? Much less an outdoor hot-tub in Cartagena.

Ricker
12-28-07, 15:31
The reason the Mansion, VIP, and el Castillo have customers is not only because they are nice, but the people that run them and the employees have something to add. If ownership, management, or employees lack in professionalism and/or customer service when trying to attain a US customer base you can kiss that projected occupancy rate goodbye. There are many many luxurious places to stay and rooms to rent in Poblado for a fraction of the cost. Places have to have added value to attract customers. That added value is the poeple that run the place. Plain and simple.

Put 2 and 2 together folks. Offering 30% discounts the week before Xmas in Medellin, LOL.

I smurk when I read some of the complete non-sense written on these boards lately. An entrepreneur who wants to "live the life of a drunken orgy. " I'm sorry but that is just not the psychology of a successful businessman/entrepreneur. In fact, it's more the mindset of an irresponsible wannabe rockstar that saves every penny to go to Colombia every other year.

One thing is certain, without any doubt. A place is only as good as the ownership, management, and employees that run it. Luxurious ammenities is a very small piece of the puzzle.

I see a For Sale sign up very soon in the neighborhood of Las Balsos.

I for one am in awe that Jackson could even ask the question of "Why are there trouble makers in the Colombia forum? " Helllloo, read the post of the advertisers that cause all the commotion. Both the troublesome advertisers that have been banned as well as the current troublesome advertiser. What's the point of even asking the question if you are going to continue to allow him to post in the ISG forum. What you are really getting across to all of us is that you will let 1 person bring down the thread of an entire country of ISG because you have some sort of personal interest in that posters operation. I understand business relationships, but you have to admit the advertiser in question has not only brought down the entire Colombia threads to new lows never seen, but also pretty much cut any shot of ever getting any business from the site or anyone on this site who knows anyone.

It takes 100 people to say glowing things about a place to offset 1 person that has bad things to say about a place. How many customers is this advertiser really getting from being on this site? Better question is how many potential future customers has he lost.

Read the responses to Ricker, Cubanut, Fantasy, etc. Some of the most senior longest lasting most helpful members of this board. He's come out and just flat out offended every member of this site.

To be honest, I could care less what la Casa Medellin charges, that's his business, as well as the other gringo hotels.

If guys want to pay what he charges, good for them, good for Casa Medellin.

There are many options for lodging in Medellin. Guys pick and choose what they like.

I stay at times at el Castillo because I know the guys that run it, the maids, secretaries, etc. Like being with friends.

I'm sure la Casa Medellin is nice also, would be fun to stop for a visit.

Obviously la Casa Medellin is a knowledgeable guy, a bit over-bearing and definitely in love with money and others who have it.
I read his reports and take what good info he gives and chuckle at his humor.
Some of it is very funny.

Colombia attracts all kinds. That's part of the fun!

Take care amigos!!

Casa Medellin
12-28-07, 15:41
Ricker, why dont you come by and see the place. One of your friends came by a couple weeks ago and said you were a nice guy. You can then tell people here your honest opinion. If you think the place sucks after actually seeing it then by all means tell everyone here.

I'm sure la Casa Medellin is nice also, would be fun to stop for a visit.

Xion149
12-28-07, 16:24
Anyone who rents the penthouse is an official MG. :)

Since I've stayed at your CTG penthouse, take the advice from a fellow "MG"- Dude you should really chill out. For someone looking down so hard on people of lesser means, you really could have been more forthcoming than the paltry $90 discount you gave me for the much-touted balcony jacuzzi that didn't work for my *entire* stay. It was nice to see the repair guy show up on our FINAL day, despite us pointing out the non-working jacuzzi within 5 minutes of entering the apartment. The half-hearted apology outside of LDV didn't help. I find it rather assinine that an "MG" of your obvious means wasn't able to a.) find a 100amp breaker anywhere in the country (order from Canada? this is Colombia, not Paraguay... wtf) or b.) have a spare breaker on hand to ensure the comfort of your guests, and the main selling point of your property! Because without the hot tub, this is in fact just an average-nice laguito apartment. Broken A/C in the master bedroom didn't help, nor did the 13 flights of stairs and broken elevators. Certainly not $300 nice. That's Hilton/Sofitel money; personally I think the Hilton kinda sucks but at least they are forced to care about your stay.

Not everything boils down to money. Courtesy and professionalism counts for alot. You should take a note from Mr. Ventura. For your sake, I hope your financial success continues. It took me all of 30 seconds to pin down the attitude and style outside LDV... Later that night, I dreamt of majestic blue marlins, who were for some reason wearing cowboy boots, and whooping it up in English at the hotel bar of some guy named Ray. The image haunts me to this day...

Tom 33
12-28-07, 16:32
The dollar is sinking further in value against the peso. One dollar gets you 1, 975 pesos. Colombia is becoming one of the most expensive destinations compared to a year ago (dollar was 2605).

Compare..$200,000.00 at 2600 (June 2006) was 520,000,000 pesos

$200,000.00 at 1975 (today) is 395,000,000

You just lost 125,000,000 pesos!

Your comments please.
There are always 2 or more ways to look at anything. Let's say I bought an apartment for 100 million when the peso was at 2500. It cost me US$40,000. If I had waited until now when the peso is near 2000, I would have only been able to buy an 80 million peso place with my US$40,000.

Casa Medellin
12-28-07, 16:42
I told Juan to give your group a 10% per day discount when it was broken. If you did not think that was sufficient why did you not say something at the time instead of posting about it a year later? I asked Juan a couple times during your stay if your group had any more complaints and he said your group said nothing more about it. I also offered you a discount if you wanted to come back. I think Juan offered you another apartment and a full refund if you wanted to go elsewhere.

I personally took the time to come to you and apologize for it. I do not know why you would be pissed off about my apology and say it was 1/2 hearted. I was the one who came up to you to say sorry about it, and I was very sincere. If I did not care I would not have said anything, Juan is the person who rented you the unit so there was no reason for me to say anything except I felt it was proper to do so.

There are no 220/240 GFCIs in all of Colombia. It is not a simple 100amp breaker. I have searches everywhere. The first GFCI I shipped down from Canada. After a year it burned up. So something was broken and I discounted it. I did not argue for one second when your group asked for a discount.

What else could I have done? If I hotwired the tub like they do with everything else in Colombia then I would have been endangering your life. GFCIs are meant to protect you from being electrocuted. Like I said it is not a normal breaker to protect the equipment, it is a safety device that they do not sell in Colombia.

This is an example of how hard it can be to run something to American standards in Colombia. GFCIs are standard equipment on hot tubs in the US but you cannot find one anywhere in Colombia.

Me and Juan spent all day trying to get someone to FedEx us one down but it was going to take several days. Finally, we found someone coming down who brought one for us. Yes, you are right we did not get it fixed for the few days you were there but it was something we worked on almost every day. I have about a dozen emails between myself and Juan about this.

If I remember correctly you were there for three days? Do you really honestly think that three days is a long time to get something purchased in a foreign country and then brought down? It is really fast actually. It shows we were really working as fast as we could, but sometimes things are just not possible in these countries.

As for not having an extra one, it was something we never expected to break. These devices work for many years and the one installed was brand new. What happened was an unfortunate accident in which Juan and myself tried our absolute best to rectify as soon as we could.

The person who brought down the GFCI is a member of this forum. I highly doubt though he will jump into this argument. But he knows the urgency under which we worked to try and fix the problem.

As for the elevator, it has been replaced and working fine now. It took me 14 months and thousands of my own dollars to get the administrator fired from the building. She was robbing the place blind but is gone now. With her gone the whole building is running more smoothly.

Since I've stayed at your CTG penthouse, take the advice from a fellow "MG"- Dude you should really chill out. For someone looking down so hard on people of lesser means, you really could have been more forthcoming than the paltry $90 discount you gave me for the much-touted balcony jacuzzi that didn't work for my *entire* stay. It was nice to see the repair guy show up on our FINAL day, despite us pointing out the non-working jacuzzi within 5 minutes of entering the apartment. The half-hearted apology outside of LDV didn't help. I find it rather assinine that an "MG" of your obvious means wasn't able to a.) find a 100amp breaker anywhere in the country (order from Canada? this is Colombia, not Paraguay... wtf) or b.) have a spare breaker on hand to ensure the comfort of your guests, and the main selling point of your property! Because without the hot tub, this is in fact just an average-nice laguito apartment. Broken A/C in the master bedroom didn't help, nor did the 13 flights of stairs and broken elevators. Certainly not $300 nice. That's Hilton/Sofitel money; personally I think the Hilton kinda sucks but at least they are forced to care about your stay.

Not everything boils down to money. Courtesy and professionalism counts for alot. You should take a note from Mr. Ventura. For your sake, I hope your financial success continues. It took me all of 30 seconds to pin down the attitude and style outside LDV... Later that night, I dreamt of majestic blue marlins, who were for some reason wearing cowboy boots, and whooping it up in English at the hotel bar of some guy named Ray. The image haunts me to this day...

Aussie Greg
12-28-07, 17:10
Hey Tom33,

So 3,115 and 2,995 was not to bad then mate !!

Aussie Greg.

There are always 2 or more ways to look at anything. Let's say I bought an apartment for 100 million when the peso was at 2500. It cost me US$40,000. If I had waited until now when the peso is near 2000, I would have only been able to buy an 80 million peso place with my US$40,000.

Casa Medellin
12-28-07, 17:15
The currency increases 50% in value and the real estate increases 50-100% = SWEET!

Buying in Colombia a few years back was like finding money laying on the street.

Hey Tom33,

Aussie Greg.

Cornhusker
12-28-07, 17:29
Casa,

For a seasoned INTERNET traveler like you to you whine about $80/night? give me a break, and yes the two hammocks describe just about 1.000.000 houses there, Internet is a wonderful thing, it makes winners out of losers. Chusker.

Cachorro
12-28-07, 18:24
These money discussions are pointless. To a Colombian, anyone who can buy an international plane ticket for a short vacation has decent money.

This discussion is almost as pointless as the old Colombia forum standby:

Guy A: I know what I'm talking about. I get a lot of chicks in Colombia.
Guy B: No way, I get a crazy amount of pussy in Colombia. I can't keep up with it all.
Guy C: You guys are both chumps. You wouldn't believe how much pussy I get in Colombia!

etc etc

Fact is, a lot of guys are living a lifestyle they couldn't afford without the favourable exchange rate. Domestic help, entourages, money oriented chicks. What makes it possible is that it's available in Colombia at a discount price.

It was one amusing side effect of the Brazil exchange rate tanking. It used to be 4 to 1 only a couple of years ago, now down to 1.75 to 1. The guys who posted the most about their conspicuous consumption were the very same guys who stopped going altogether when prices doubled. They are now going to cheaper countries and boasting about how much they live it up.

In Brazil it used to be taxi all the way, what the f*ck would you take a bus for? Now you see a lot of guys using the airport bus, metro to get around town. Folks have stopped talking about the most expensive clubs in town, now you hear them talking about beers by the bottle at the street corner bar.

Latina Passion
12-28-07, 20:44
You did the right thing and what you should do now is grow a thicker skin, just laugh it up, that is free publicity. They in their deepest ENVY are making you famous, and in the business world that means bucks. And you are not the only one that gets flamed, our friend nibu does all the time and IT still here in many forms LOL. Now it posts youtube videos LMAO. Just count your bills and let the others suffer. If I ever get to Medelin, I am sure I will get a great room at your place and we will laugh our heads off. Let the nmgs sleep in a bench at the park, that will work great with the femmes LOL. Povery sucks! Chusker.

Wow! I guess you gave that same scary philosophy to Peter Solano!

Tom 33
12-28-07, 22:24
Hey Tom33,

Aussie Greg.
Not really. I bought my first apartment in Colombia in Dec. of 2003 for US$40,000 and got 2710 pesos to the dollar on my wire transfer. That apartment today is worth around US$150,000 at 2000 pesos to the dollar.

Man did I get hosed on that exchange rate or what?

I wish I would have bought ten apartments. I would gladly pay the capital gains tax.

Aussie Greg
12-28-07, 22:25
Casa,

Try 300% here near Ave Poblado but then again, the Mansion or El Castillo (100%) are not in my name.

Aussie Greg.

The currency increases 50% in value and the real estate increases 50-100% = SWEET!

Buying in Colombia a few years back was like finding money laying on the street.

Casa Medellin
12-28-07, 23:31
I was using the example of 50-100% per year. Are you saying 300% in the last year or in the last 3 years? Stuff in Cartagena went up 300% in the last 3 years in the right area. But then again, nothing is in my name either.

Might make more sense to just buy them, remodel and flip instead of listening to some of the Winners here.

Casa,

Try 300% here near Ave Poblado but then again, the Mansion or El Castillo (100%) are not in my name.

Aussie Greg.

Casa Medellin
12-28-07, 23:34
That is only 93.75 percent a year! Winner probably knows someone who made 94.2%.

Not really. I bought my first apartment in Colombia in Dec. of 2003 for US$40,000 and got 2710 pesos to the dollar on my wire transfer. That apartment today is worth around US$150,000 at 2000 pesos to the dollar.

Man did I get hosed on that exchange rate or what?

I wish I would have bought ten apartments. I would gladly pay the capital gains tax.

Xion149
12-29-07, 01:17
I told Juan to give your group a 10% per day discount when it was broken. If you did not think that was sufficient why did you not say something at the time instead of posting about it a year later?

Because Juan is a nice guy, and he made it clear that he wasn't in control of the situation- you were. I told him 10% was crap and he was extremely apologetic. What am I to do? Squeeze the poor guy? I'd already paid in advance in FULL, based largely on HIS reputation- not yours. Now that you're establishing a rep of your own on this board, people will know who they're REALLY dealing with and what to expect.

Why am I bringing this up now? Because I *was* content to just call it a loss. When I receive bad service, I don't *****, I simply don't give repeat business, and tell my friends to do the same. Then low and behold months later, you register here and start acting like the biggest wide-open asshole, so much so you get your own thread. Welcome to the internet, my friend. We have long memories here.

I asked Juan a couple times during your stay if your group had any more complaints and he said your group said nothing more about it.That's because we're not "NMG"s as you're so fond of pointing out. I'm there to fuck bitches, not wrangle with you over money, what a waste of time. Since you seem to have trouble comprehending this very basic point, let me use an analogy we can all understand:

Lets say 150k will get you TLN from an LDV chica. What do you think will happen if you walk up and offer her only 15k? She's gonna call you tacano and laugh in your face, then go tell all her friends. This is essentially what happened. When I heard 10%, I immediately dismissed you as not giving a damn about our vacation experience, instead just trying to toss me a cookie. Lets crunch some numbers:

3 days in your penthouse = $900
Amount you refunded = $90
Total for 3 days in an otherwise basic 3br apt = $810 total/$270 a night!!!!
Thats like $70 a night MORE than the Hilton, and their jacuzzis work!

Now, you are free to tell me that, you think $270US/night for a 3br apt in laguito is a good deal. Think anyone will believe you? I don't think I want to me a "MG" anymore. "MG" to you = bobo with fat wallet!! The honorable thing to do would have been to offer a realistic price for the product being provided. $200US a night is STILL too much, but I would have recognized that you were trying to meet me half way. Thats $50 more than the majority of 3BR apts in laguito. 10% just says "fuck off"- ESPECIALLY since you come on here acting like some kindof super-baller con bling. I hope you enjoy the publicity that extra $210 is buying you. With regard to the GFCI? What can I say? Nobody said managing property was easy. You want to cater to the mongers with filet mignon money, and yet you provide Burger-king customer service. Step your game up! Fact is, you should have been prepared. You were not, and it dicked up my vacation. You then failed to provide adequate compensation, and insulted your customer in the process. End of story.

Casa Medellin
12-29-07, 04:00
I just talked to Juan and he said you are absolutely lying about what happened. I forwarded him this thread so hopefully he will respond.

The jacuzzi was broken and we could not fix it in time since the part was not available:

1) You were offered a full refund by Juan.

2) I gave you a 10% discount that you accepted instead without saying anything.
3) I offered you a discount if you returned.

4) Juan never passed the buck to me as your claim since after all he is the property manager and therefore the guy who is responsibleto fix things.

5) I personally apologized to you, and you never said one word to me at the time.

Now, a long time later, you post on the here complaining about everything?

Anyway, like I said, Juan will respond to this personally. Juan says your complaint is bullshit and you never expresses unsatisfaction with the penthouse at any time.

Because Juan is a nice guy, and he made it clear that he wasn't in control of the situation- you were. I told him 10% was crap and he was extremely apologetic. What am I to do? Squeeze the poor guy? I'd already paid in advance in FULL, based largely on HIS reputation- not yours. Now that you're establishing a rep of your own on this board, people will know who they're REALLY dealing with and what to expect..

Medellin Rum
12-29-07, 04:10
EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted because the subject of the report was not related to the title of this thread.

Ricker
12-29-07, 05:26
Ricker, why dont you come by and see the place. One of your friends came by a couple weeks ago and said you were a nice guy. You can then tell people here your honest opinion. If you think the place sucks after actually seeing it then by all means tell everyone here.I'll have to stop by then.

Looks like I'll be in Medellin towards the end of January.

Just don't call me an NMG :)

Take care.

MJG Dogs
12-29-07, 06:55
Turn the page.

Winner71
12-29-07, 07:59
Jackson,

You have deleted many many members posts that question Casa Medellin. Yet you have deleted NONE of his posts with his rebuttals. Many which blatantly criticize and flame senior members.

My suggestion is.

1) You allow Casa Medellin to post in his forum and only his forum.

2) You do not put up with him criticizing ANYONE.

3) If someone has something to say about him or his property in his thread or another thread he can attempt to rectify the situation. However, not by calling the individual a liar or flaming the questioning individual. This forum does not need pompous attitudes.

4) I also suggest you completley delete any and all post that relate to "taxes, purchasing real estate in Colombia, etc. " They have nothing to do with Finding chicas in Colombia.

You have 1 virus on this board. Get rid of him or regulate HIM. Not the great members of this forum. He is an advertiser and is 100% open to scrutiny. He does not understand this concept which he himself has admitted in his posts. He feels he has the right to criticize those that criticize him or his business. I disagree with that 100%. I further think that full disclosure of his personal info, who has majority ownership of the Casa Medellin, Cartagena Penthouse, etc should be given. Otherwise he has no business on this site. He does not feel it is necessary for people to know his name, tax situation, ownership, or anything about him because we are all complete strangers. Yet he feels like he's qualified to give advice on tax shelters, offshore account setups, how to buy property in Colombia, etc. What am I missing. What the heck is the guy doing here? Has he had a single post about "Mongering in Colombia? "

My suggestion is you "Stop" deleting other members posts and start paying attention to what they have to say and you start deleting Casa Medellin's posts. All of them. Not 1 post of his has anything to do with Mongering.

Oh by the way. Isn't there a copywrite rule on all the posts on this board?

"I just talked to Juan and he said you are absolutely lying about what happened. I forwarded him this thread so hopefully he will respond."

==================================================

Winner71,

1. You seem to have an excessive focus on Casa Medellin, which, along with your long history of abusive posts, gives me ample reason to suspect you as a potential serial antagonist and a contributing factor to the animosity on this forum.

2. Effective today, Casa Medellin, along with every other owner of a "hotel type" operation, is limited to posting in his thread.

3. Effective with the Full Moderation, no Forum Member is going to criticize any other Forum Member to the extent that said criticism in any way appears abusive, challenging or antagonist. However, this is a forum, and thus politely worded observations, questions and comments will be permitted.

4. Yes, I know Casa Medellin and Aussie Greg personally. I've spent time with these guys, they've stayed in my house, and I've had multiple extended conversations with each of them. This means that I know their demeanor's, and thus when I read their exchanges with other forum members, I have the advantage of knowing that they are the ones being unfairly attacked, and that their responses are justifiable.

I am rarely in the position to know one or both of the combatants in a forum flame war, so I generally must attempt to make editing decisions based solely on the postings, which in and of themselves rarely provide definitive insight and which I rarely have time to read and fully evaluate.

However, because I know Medellin and Aussie Greg personally, I can make editing decisions accordingly. In other words, I'm usually gong to take their side in a flame war, so get over it.

Not withstanding the above, Casa Medellin and Aussie Greg are still required to conform to all of the Forum's Posting Guidelines.

Thanks,

Jackson

Latina Passion
12-29-07, 08:38
EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted because it contributed nothing of value and in fact constituted a complete waste of bandwidth.

The purpose of this Forum is to provide for the exchange if information between men on the subject of finding women for sex. Let's stick to the subject.

Latina Passion
12-29-07, 09:42
Jackson, no disrespect but really what did you expect?

To be honest with you not a single person started off flaming this guy, all we simply did was DISAGREE with him about what he considers a good deal to pay for a room in Medellin.

Hell you have an Apartment in Argentina not a Room an Apartment that you rent for $95 a night I think, so would you yourself consider $80 per night for a ROOM a bargain in Medellin Colombia?

I thought the main focus of this Forum was to inform other guys how to get more bang for your buck! Be it Chicas, Rooms, Apartments, places to eat etc!

This guys states that $80 per night and up is a deal in Colombia, oh hell no I am not buying his brand!

Then to add insult to injurythis guy is all over the Colombian thread posting his Advertisements and press releases, 99% of the members did not sign up that! Then when a few guys have the huveos to tell the rest of the Forum that Colombia is not the States and $80 per night for a Room is not a deal, then this guy has the nerve to Flame the whistle blowers. Then he acts as if he is the true victim!

Sorry Tom! Hell, Tom 33 owns an apartment in CTG but you do not see him all over the board Advertising, but you do see him giving out information on how to get more bang for your buck!

=============================================

Casa Medellin, like the rest of the Forum members who operate "hotel type" operations, is limited to discussing his operation in his thread established for that purpose.

Actually, this limitation applies to all Forum members. If you wish to post a comment about La Casa Medellin, Medellin Mansion, Club VIP in Medellin or any other similar operation, then you MUST post it in the corresponding thread. Comments such as these that are posted anywhere else in the forum will be deleted.

Thanks,

Jackson

Berthold
12-29-07, 11:35
You did the right thing and what you should do now is grow a thicker skin, just laugh it up, that is free publicity. They in their deepest ENVY are making you famous, and in the business world that means bucks. And you are not the only one that gets flamed, our friend nibu does all the time and IT still here in many forms LOL. Now it posts youtube videos LMAO. Just count your bills and let the others suffer. If I ever get to Medelin, I am sure I will get a great room at your place and we will laugh our heads off. Let the nmgs sleep in a bench at the park, that will work great with the femmes LOL. Povery sucks! Chusker.Well you should not talk about getting flamed, it was nobody but YOU who started to flame on several posters of the nibu raphael thread. Nibu did not flame on you it was YOU who started to flame on him. I already gave you this advice earlier, if you do not like a thread just don't read or put this member on your ignore list.

And talking about full time flamer you are the perfect example 14 posts so far 0 information and the rest is personal attacks.

I wonder how long it will take Jackson to ban you from this forum.

=====================================================

Hi Berthold,

Your observations are 100% correct. Cornhusker attacked Nibu without provocation. He is now on Permanent Moderated status and I am actively monitoring his posts for an opportunity to justify deleting his membership.

Thanks,

Jackson

Cachorro
12-29-07, 15:02
I'm sorry Don Jackson.

I am for reeeal

Never meant to make you waste your time.

I apologise a trillion times.

Was it a rhetorical question, your enquiry about why we have so many arguments in the Colombia forum? I'm going to go ahead and answer anyway. If you think this post is counter-productive, then by all means just delete it without letting it post to the forum.

I think you got logical results from the moderation policy you had in place. In the past, personal attacks appeared on the forum and you let them stand without any action. Someone like Scooby was frequently abusive to other members or ignored the rules, but was allowed to post without challenge.

According to "broken windows" theory, you could establish limits early and would be preventing more work later on down the line.

"Consider a building with a few broken windows. If the windows are not repaired, the tendency is for vandals to break a few more windows. Eventually, they may even break into the building, and if it's unoccupied, perhaps become squatters or light fires inside.

Or consider a sidewalk. Some litter accumulates. Soon, more litter accumulates. Eventually, people even start leaving bags of trash from take-out restaurants there or breaking into cars."

A successful strategy for preventing vandalism, say the book's authors, is to fix the problems when they are small. Repair the broken windows within a short time, say, a day or a week, and the tendency is that vandals are much less likely to break more windows or do further damage. Clean up the sidewalk every day, and the tendency is for litter not to accumulate (or for the rate of littering to be much less). Problems do not escalate and thus respectable residents do not flee a neighborhood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixing_Broken_Windows
If there are posting rules and guidelines but they're ignored, it's only natural for people to push the envelope so as to establish what the limits actually are.

The other issue is you have posters who are effectively above the law. They can break any rule in the book, and you stamp out all criticism or censure of them because they're your personal friends. Maybe they could have a special member designation next to their username ("Elite Member", "Invited Member", "Friend of Jackson" or something). That way all posters could better understand the moderation policy.

To date, it has not been very transparent. Members don't know who has protected status until you come out and declare it.

Jackson, thank you for the forum. It continues to be the best resource on the internet for mongering. I didn't even think people were getting out of hand... but if you are getting too many complaints, then for sure it makes sense to go zero tolerance until it calms down.

=================================================

Hi Cachorro,

I think you got logical results from the moderation policy you had in place. In the past, personal attacks appeared on the forum and you let them stand without any action. Someone like Scooby was frequently abusive to other members or ignored the rules, but was allowed to post without challenge.You are correct, and that's why I have implemented this Full Moderation policy, so I can delete EVERY abusive, challenging and antagonistic post before it is displayed in the forum.

According to "broken windows" theory, you could establish limits early and would be preventing more work later on down the line.Hey, don't hold back. If you have some magic crystal ball that I can use to identify the serial antagonists, then please share it with me.

In the mean time, just remember that for every email complaint I get advising me about a potential serial antagonist, I get the same number of complaints from the alleged serial antagonist advising me that "the other guy" is the problem. Do you see my problem?

The other issue is you have posters who are effectively above the law. They can break any rule in the book, and you stamp out all criticism or censure of them because they're your personal friends. Maybe they could have a special member designation next to their username ("Elite Member", "Invited Member", "Friend of Jackson" or something). That way all posters could better understand the moderation policy.No member is "above the law". However, as stated in my response to another post herein, I know some forum members personally, enough so that I have great difficulty believing that they would initiate a flame war, and therefor I can make a reasonable deduction that the source of the "flame war of the day" lies elsewhere.

Because I know Casa Medellin and Aussie Greg personally, I can make editing decisions accordingly. In other words, I'm usually gong to take their side in a flame war, so don't flame them! What I won't do is listen to any BS claiming that they started it.

Not withstanding the above, Casa Medellin and Aussie Greg are still required to conform to all of the Forum's Posting Guidelines. If in fact either Casa Medellin and Aussie Greg ever posted an antagonistic report that was totally without provocation, I will delete said post.
Thanks,

Jackson

Medellin Rum
12-29-07, 16:36
EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted because the content of the report was largely argumentative. Please read the Forum FAQ and the Forum's Posting Guidelines for more information. Thank You!

Regulr Travlr
12-29-07, 17:01
I have been contributing information to the Colombia forum for over a year. To the Panama forum for over 2 years. I try to be objective and informative in my reporting and avoid criticism of other members. I have gotten to know many members here personally and found most to be good guys. I have helped and received help from many others over that time. These are guys I look forward to meeting in the future.

I read a number of other forums from around the world where I hope to visit in the future. I strongly disagree with Jacksons comment that the Colombian forum is more troublesome than any others. The Thai boards makes this board look tame.

But I do agree with Winner in the fact that most of the problems have resulted from Casa Medellin joining the posts and becoming the new expert n everything Colombian. If he wants to be a forum advertiser that is fine. Confine him to his thread, let him advertise and post information. Then we move. Please don't tell me to use the ignore function, because he is not bothering me. What is bothering me is all the waste of time of discussions of non mongering issues due to his childish comments. I think he makes some good comments on the market in Medellin, but I do not see how he survives as a business owner. He must be a BMG because he does not need to worry about filling his property. He continues to act like a child and not a businessman.

So Jackson, since you are moderating every post, please read this and Winners and consider what you are doing. It is easier to quarantine the problem than all those infected by it.

Casa Medellin
12-30-07, 01:14
The fact is I have lived longer in Colombia than anyone in this forum. I have also owned companies and been involved in a lot of real estate transactions. Most of my advice about real estate and banking is based no the fact that I have more experience with these things than most people in the forum. I am sure some people have benefited from my advice since others have been posting things that are completely inaccurate and could have cost members some money if they listened to these guys.

But I do agree with Winner in the fact that most of the problems have resulted from Casa Medellin joining the posts and becoming the new expert n everything Colombian.

Casa Medellin
12-30-07, 01:31
See how Winner drags it on, and on, and on. This is just another flame. And why? All because he cannot afford to rent a room in my hotel. Sad. He just cannot stop talking about me.

I understand your relationship with Casa Medellin and I think by only allowing him to post in his "one" thread it solves all of your problems.... assuming he does not use his "one" thread to attack or make snide comments about other members. I think it is great that you are limiting him to his "one" thread and I think you are also being prudent by moderating his "one" thread to make sure he does not make degrading, criticizing, and/or humorous comments in his "one" forum that are meant to attack another member.

Again, thanks for posting your position. It's been a great forum over the years. I'm confident that you aren't going to let 1 member bring it down, friend or not.

Casa Medellin
12-30-07, 01:41
I also suggest you completley delete any and all post that relate to "taxes, purchasing real estate in Colombia, etc. " They have nothing to do with Finding chicas in Colombia.

I was not the only person posting about taxes and investments. In fact, I did not even start that conversation.

You are right though, I should not be giving out free advise on this forum. I am just wasting my time. It really is strange though how angry you get when others are talking about making money in Colombia. You seem to go to great lengths to scare away anyone who wants to live here. I am sure most members on this forum can see your real motives.

1. You seem to have an excessive focus on Casa Medellin, which, along with your long history of abusive posts, gives me ample reason to suspect you as a potential serial antagonist and a contributing factor to the animosity on this forum.

JacksonHe is like a stalker. Maybe he is one of my x-girlfriends?

Admin
12-30-07, 01:48
See how Winner drags it on, and on, and on. This is just another flame. And why? All because he cannot afford to rent a room in my hotel. Sad. He just cannot stop talking about me.Hi,

I agree. It's like he has some sort of psychological obsession with you and your place of business.

Thanks,

Jackson