PDA

View Full Version : Colombia Forum on full moderation

Admin
12-29-07, 00:58
Greetings everyone,

Just to make my position clear to those who would protest this new policy:

1. I would consider the new policy a complete success if it resulted in a 90% decrease in contributions to the Colombia Forum, but the remaining 10% were actually contributing information.

2. To those who are concerned that Full Moderation will drive some high-volume contributors away from The Forum, I can tell you from my experience in managing forums that with the exodus of problematic "contributors" there will an influx of new contributions by new or previously silent forum members. I've seen this phenomenon happen every time I crack down on any forum that is being dominated by a small number of overbearing "contributors".

Thanks,

Jackson

Sailor2006
12-29-07, 01:52
Exactly what did we say to [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) you off so?

Tom 33
12-29-07, 03:16
It's your site, but I would think about moderating those who need moderating. As new trolls appear, you can add them to the list.

There really are only a few who need the extra care. Frankly it wouldn't bother me if you just left them all alone. The ignore feature works great. I used it on Surfer.

Malodr
12-29-07, 03:38
This will make Colombia ISG great!

Lets get back to reporting!

Belldude2
12-29-07, 06:04
hi there. i for one, think that this is a great idea. i have just stopped posting on another site because they allow assholes to flame anyone for any reason in the name of freedom of speech. i am happy that this site upholds respect. this is an information site, not a site for being rude to contributors.

thank you

MJG Dogs
12-29-07, 06:56
Close the silly troublemakers thread. I am sorry I even made a comment.

Senor Amable
12-29-07, 15:22
Thanks Jackson,

Now we can move on and get back to what we're really here for.

Ezinho
12-29-07, 18:03
There really are only a few who need the extra care.With all due respect, there are more than just a few who need the "extra care". Just check out the Troublemakers in Colombia thread, I counted at least seven members who are a drain on the ISG.

There have been some great reports posted, but they get lost in the useless chit chat, whether it be politics bs, real estate tips, etc. Especially from regular members who have their posts moderated by Jackson, so their postings are delayed; ISG member Cornbread is a good example of this. He posted an excellent trip report on his time in Medellin, but it was buried a couple of pages back underneath flaming and real estate chit chat. Luckily, Jackson cleaned up the thread.

Col Bog 1 is another member who's reports and photos I enjoy, but I must go searching for them because they get pushed back because of off-topic chit chat.

There are plenty of other sites on the web, and threads here on the ISG, that are geared specifically to real estate in Latin America; same with Politics. Those member that like to talk about these topic can do it on the appropriate sites/threads.

Jackson is doing the right thing here, and I think we will start seeing more trip reports because of it.

===============================================

Hi Ezinho,

The ROD thread is intended to provide a place to post links to the forum's premier reports. If Forum members would use it and post links to the Forum's best reports, then these premier reports you describe wouldn't get lost, and in fact they would be accessable and reviewed for a long time.

Thanks,

Jackson

Casa Medellin
12-30-07, 01:02
I guess I owe an apology to some of the members of ISG. A couple members have told me privately that some of the comments I made about "No Money Guys" seemed insulting to everyone. I did not mean for those statements to be directed at everyone. I was describing certain characterizes of the few members who persistently flame my business for absolutely no reason. I meant for my comments to be directed at them and not to everyone. Some of the members here who have not been following the forum may not have realized why I was making certain statements and therefore felt I was also talking about them. To those members I apologize for not being clearer in my postings.

I never intended to promote my hotel on ISG because I feel some of the members here assert too much negativity towards anyone who is making money renting rooms to others on the board. I have seen this hostility directed to other hotels owners in the past and knew that if I entered this forum I too would be attacked by certain members.

However, a short while ago I discovered 4 members of ISG posting negative reviews of my hotel. None of these members had ever stayed at my hotel or even entered the property. The original poster had only contacted me once in the past to enquire if I would allow three children of a prostitute to sleep in the room with him and her. These children where all under the age of eight so my answer was no since the hotel has a policy that all guests must be over the age of eighteen. I am sure any reasonable member of ISG would understand clearly why hotels do not allow prostitutes to bring over their children and sleep in the bed with their clients.

This person’s response to not being allowed to bring children into the hotel was to post a negative report on ISG about my hotel and to copy my private email to the forum. At that time I created the user "Casa Medellin" simply to defend my business. I did not join ISG with the intention of spamming the board or prompting my business.

Needless to say several other people then started flaming me. The largest complaint seems to be from one user who thinks $80. 00 is too much for a hotel in Poblado even though all amenities such as Internet, long distance calls, laundry and breakfast are included with that price. He claims that no hotels in Poblado charge this much although some hotels here charge well over $250. 00 a night for the same services. Medellin has a wide variety of hotel options from as little as $10. 00 a night to several hundred dollars in some of the high-end suites. I can assure everyone that no hotel charging $80. 00 is "ripping off" gringos weather it is my place of the other hotels that have memberships here.

I felt I had to defend myself against statements that I considered slanderous and completely untrue. I was probably too aggressive in doing this as some people interpreted it as spamming or advertising. It was not my intention to spam the forum. I just felt the need to defend my business against allegations that were made by people who have never seen it.

Building a business in Colombia is much more complicated than most people on this forum can imagine. All the people on this forum who own hotels have to put up with a lot of bullshit on a daily bases. Fortunately there are a lot of good guys who come down and support our businesses which makes it fun to live down here. However, there are also a small number of parasites that try their best to destroy what the entrepreneurs are creating. They have their own motives and objectives for attacking anyone who is making a living in a place where they cannot.

I have dumped over a million dollars into this business and spent a long time building it. I try my best to provide the highest quality service that I can. If there are mistakes I try my best to rectify them. Sometimes things cannot be as perfect as they are in the United States simply because we are not in the United States. I also think the other gringo owners of hotels on this forum are doing their best to provide good service.

Perhaps I over reacted in some of my posts. I wish I had just ignored the flamers and never posted anything at all. It can just get really frustrating listing to these guys. I think they are just unhappy people who have failed in life and want everyone else to be just like them.

I hope the normal people on ISG understand I was not referring to them with my reference to "No Money Guys" but only to the people who were complaining about something they never saw or could not afford. The fact of the matter is I do not want these people in the hotel even if they paid double. They bring with them so much negativity that they make the other guests feel uncomfortable. I am trying to build an environment that is fun, where gringos can meet other gringos and enjoy one another’s company in additional to the hotel.

I hope this can be my last post on ISG. I am tired of confronting these people. As long as people are not posting bullshit reviews to a place they have never been, then I will stop posting on ISG. I had hoped to provide a lot of information for others who were interested in living in Colombia in the "Buying Property in Colombia" forum but it seems that wherever I post the same flamers appear.

Good bye.

http://www.LaCasaMedellin.com

MJG Dogs
12-30-07, 04:06
Let it slide dude. While I did not realize how much flak you were getting, when I flamed you a bit, it really in the scheme of things is nothing but bullshit. Let it slide. No need to quit posting.

Medellin Rum
12-30-07, 13:47
Awesome post, it means a lot when you come forth with a sincere response.

I guess I owe an apology to some of the members of ISG. A couple members have told me privately that some of the comments I made about "No Money Guys" seemed insulting to everyone. I did not mean for those statements to be directed at everyone. I was describing certain characterizes of the few members who persistently flame my business for absolutely no reason. I meant for my comments to be directed at them and not to everyone. Some of the members here who have not been following the forum may not have realized why I was making certain statements and therefore felt I was also talking about them. To those members I apologize for not being clearer in my postings.

I never intended to promote my hotel on ISG because I feel some of the members here assert too much negativity towards anyone who is making money renting rooms to others on the board. I have seen this hostility directed to other hotels owners in the past and knew that if I entered this forum I too would be attacked by certain members.

However, a short while ago I discovered 4 members of ISG posting negative reviews of my hotel. None of these members had ever stayed at my hotel or even entered the property. The original poster had only contacted me once in the past to enquire if I would allow three children of a prostitute to sleep in the room with him and her. These children where all under the age of eight so my answer was no since the hotel has a policy that all guests must be over the age of eighteen. I am sure any reasonable member of ISG would understand clearly why hotels do not allow prostitutes to bring over their children and sleep in the bed with their clients.

This person’s response to not being allowed to bring children into the hotel was to post a negative report on ISG about my hotel and to copy my private email to the forum. At that time I created the user "Casa Medellin" simply to defend my business. I did not join ISG with the intention of spamming the board or prompting my business.

Needless to say several other people then started flaming me. The largest complaint seems to be from one user who thinks $80. 00 is too much for a hotel in Poblado even though all amenities such as Internet, long distance calls, laundry and breakfast are included with that price. He claims that no hotels in Poblado charge this much although some hotels here charge well over $250. 00 a night for the same services. Medellin has a wide variety of hotel options from as little as $10. 00 a night to several hundred dollars in some of the high-end suites. I can assure everyone that no hotel charging $80. 00 is "ripping off" gringos weather it is my place of the other hotels that have memberships here.

I felt I had to defend myself against statements that I considered slanderous and completely untrue. I was probably too aggressive in doing this as some people interpreted it as spamming or advertising. It was not my intention to spam the forum. I just felt the need to defend my business against allegations that were made by people who have never seen it.

Building a business in Colombia is much more complicated than most people on this forum can imagine. All the people on this forum who own hotels have to put up with a lot of bullshit on a daily bases. Fortunately there are a lot of good guys who come down and support our businesses which makes it fun to live down here. However, there are also a small number of parasites that try their best to destroy what the entrepreneurs are creating. They have their own motives and objectives for attacking anyone who is making a living in a place where they cannot.

I have dumped over a million dollars into this business and spent a long time building it. I try my best to provide the highest quality service that I can. If there are mistakes I try my best to rectify them. Sometimes things cannot be as perfect as they are in the United States simply because we are not in the United States. I also think the other gringo owners of hotels on this forum are doing their best to provide good service.

Perhaps I over reacted in some of my posts. I wish I had just ignored the flamers and never posted anything at all. It can just get really frustrating listing to these guys. I think they are just unhappy people who have failed in life and want everyone else to be just like them.

I hope the normal people on ISG understand I was not referring to them with my reference to "No Money Guys" but only to the people who were complaining about something they never saw or could not afford. The fact of the matter is I do not want these people in the hotel even if they paid double. They bring with them so much negativity that they make the other guests feel uncomfortable. I am trying to build an environment that is fun, where gringos can meet other gringos and enjoy one another’s company in additional to the hotel.

I hope this can be my last post on ISG. I am tired of confronting these people. As long as people are not posting bullshit reviews to a place they have never been, then I will stop posting on ISG. I had hoped to provide a lot of information for others who were interested in living in Colombia in the "Buying Property in Colombia" forum but it seems that wherever I post the same flamers appear.

Good bye.

http://www.LaCasaMedellin.com

Xion149
12-30-07, 14:32
At that time I created the user "Casa Medellin" simply to defend my business.I would like to discuss stuff actually related to the moderation of a healthy forum. I am more than welcome to share here with others the process involved in doing so, and my experiences, good and bad.

I would also like to discuss a word filter for the phrase "MG/NMG", and how to prevent the birth of YASIA (yet another stupid internet acronym) which a large section of the forum clearly finds offensive.

However, I am getting tired of people who specifically joined the forum not to participate and share, but instead expressly to "defend their business"; even going to the extent of plugging their website at the end of a goodbye/apology post! If you do not want to talk about forum moderation, why are you in the Colombia full moderation forum?

Ok ok, sorry I just couldn't resist.

fwiw, I like the new policy, even if it cuts down on my jollies a little.

Edit: my post was tounge-in-cheek; but I do hear what you're trying to say. Thanks for the response :)

==============================================

Hi Xion149,

Casa Medellin and the other guys ARE permitted to promote their business in the Colombia Forum.

As I see it, the problem we have here in the Colombia Forum are the members who for some reason resent that there are guys who are operating lodging businesses, who don't believe that the guys should be able to promote their businesses on the forum, and who thus spend inordinate amounts of their time objecting to, protesting, and otherwise attempting to sabotage the lodging business operators.

Thanks,

Jackson

Winner71
12-30-07, 22:08
Jackson,

I hope you do not take offense, but you see it incorrectly. NOONE resents that guys run lodging businesses. Nor have I seen any posts of indivduals protesting the rights of guys being able to promote their businesses. Nor do I see posts where people attempt to sabotage the business owners.

I see it as the other way around. Casa Medellin regularly states that Winner this and Winner that. Where are you stepping in defending me? If you go back and read all the posts, my complaint/comment was very simple. I simply complained / commented that it looked as though he had cheap sheets and I did not think his casa should be valued at $80/night and I asked him to show why it deserves such a price. I furhter commented that I would never stay there for $80/night. I have that right to state this and that is not sabotaging a business. His sheets are not up to my standards and the reason Greg, Albert, Robert, etc. Can charge $80/night is because of what the Management and employees have to offer and the freindships they have formed with their guests. Casa Medellin has proven he has no interest in making any friends on this forum.

And then it was just flame after flame after flame. I have never posted anything about real estate in Medellin, tax implications, or that $80 is too much to pay at ANY hotel, etc, and my name is consistently referenced in all of his ludicrous self touting posts. Where are you stepping in and stopping him. Xion made a legitimate complaint and CM flamed him. Why did you not step in call CM as being out of line?

Again, no one cares that people run a business in Colombia, at least I do not. Nor do I try to sabotage his business. If I wanted to sabotage his business that would be simple. I would call up one of my handful of buddys in the Colombian militia and have his casa raided on a weekly basis looking for drugs and chicas that shouldn't be there. Sure, the Colombian militia may never find anything. But weekly raids on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights at 2am, 3am, 4am would scare the living dog out of the guys that stay there. That would make sure the guy never has another customer step foot into his casa again. That would be sabotaging a business. Would I do this? No. I'm a nice guy who treats people respectfully and I prefer to make friends, not foes. On the other hand, where has your buddy proven on this board that he would like to make friends with members. Again, I could care less if the guy wants to promote his business. However, by doing so he is open to scrutiny and the members have the right to ask questions and recieve true and accurate answers without the pompous attitude.

I would like to discuss stuff actually related to the moderation of a healthy forum. I am more than welcome to share here with others the process involved in doing so, and my experiences, good and bad.

I would also like to discuss a word filter for the phrase "MG/NMG", and how to prevent the birth of YASIA (yet another stupid internet acronym) which a large section of the forum clearly finds offensive.

However, I am getting tired of people who specifically joined the forum not to participate and share, but instead expressly to "defend their business"; even going to the extent of plugging their website at the end of a goodbye/apology post! If you do not want to talk about forum moderation, why are you in the Colombia full moderation forum?

Ok ok, sorry I just couldn't resist.

Fwiw, I like the new policy, even if it cuts down on my jollies a little.

Edit: my post was tounge-in-cheek; but I do hear what you're trying to say. Thanks for the response

Hi Xion149,

Casa Medellin and the other guys ARE permitted to promote their business in the Colombia Forum.

As I see it, the problem we have here in the Colombia Forum are the members who for some reason resent that there are guys who are operating lodging businesses, who don't believe that the guys should be able to promote their businesses on the forum, and who thus spend inordinate amounts of their time objecting to, protesting, and otherwise attempting to sabotage the lodging business operators.

Thanks,

Jackson

Winner71
12-30-07, 23:05
EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted because I do not allow "Goodbye Forever" posts in the forum, generally because these posts amount to nothing other than a public "Kiss Off" from Serial Antagonists who are trying to stir up one final round of trouble before they switch to another alias. Thanks!

=======================================================

Greetings everyone,

It should come as no surprise to anyone that Winner71 wants to quit the forum because now with full moderation he can no longer continiously attack Casa Medellin and others.

One Serial Antagonist down, who's next?

To all the legitimate forum members: I sincerely appreciate your patience as I identify and eradicate the serial antagonists.

Thanks,

Jackson

Admin
12-31-07, 00:33
If I wanted to sabotage his business that would be simple. I would call up one of my handful of buddys in the Colombian militia and have his casa raided on a weekly basis looking for drugs and chicas that shouldn't be there.Winner71,

Now I know you're full of shit. I also knew that Full Moderation would flush out at least one or several Serial Antagonists.

One down, who's next?

Thanks,

Jackson

Casa Medellin
12-31-07, 01:17
His final comments are interesting. He goes back to complaining about the sheets. He has never been here and has never seen the sheets so it is absolutely ridiculous.

Moreso his comments about sending over the militia show that he probably does not even live in Colombia. The police need a warrant to enter a resident in Colombia just as they do in the United States. The militia could not enter a property at all. It is like saying to someone in the United States that they were sending over the US Army to search your house. It simply could not happen. Winner must have learned about Colombia watching Hollywood movies because he certainly has never been here if he believes what he is writing.

Winner71,

Now I know you're full of shit. I also knew that Full Moderation would flush out at least one or several Serial Antagonists.

One down, who's next?

Thanks,

Jackson

Cubanut
12-31-07, 01:29

A short while ago I discovered 4 members of ISG posting negative reviews of my hotel. None of these members had ever stayed at my hotel or even entered the property. The original poster had only contacted me once in the past to enquire if I would allow three children of a prostitute to sleep in the room with him and her. These children where all under the age of eight so my answer was no since the hotel has a policy that all guests must be over the age of eighteen. I am sure any reasonable member of ISG would understand clearly why hotels do not allow prostitutes to bring over their children and sleep in the bed with their clients.

Casa Medellin,

I would find it hard to believe that this potential client wrote you and described his female partner as a prostitute. Or is it that you feel any Colombiana with a gringo is nothing but that. A prostitute? If not I think you owe him an apology for inferring that she is a prostitute.

Aside from that, even though I never flamed you at all, you straight out told me that I was not welcome at the Casa Medellin simply because I asked you specific questions about your hotel. Those questions included whether there was noise from the construction next door, when the bar-b-que could be used, what the policy of "No Photos" meant and if the pool was heated daily. I didn't think these type of questions warranted being excluded from being a client.

Perhaps you did not read the part where I said I was asking you these questions because I wanted to bring a American female friend of mine with me to Colombia. She is ONLY a friend who wants to see Medellin first hand (I have many female friends that I do not sleep with). She knows nothing of the chica situation in Medellin.

I did not feel that the Mansion/Castillo/VIP was appropriate for her stay and since you were promoting a non-monger location I asked you these things.

That being said, I will be in Medellin in a couple of weeks (without my American female friend this time) and will be visiting with our mutual friend (your neighbor) to view the construction progress. So I am asking that while I am in the neighborhood will you welcome me to pay you a visit and see the Casa Medellin first hand with the thought of being a potential client on my next visit when my American female friend joins me?

I await your response,

Cubanut

Stowe
12-31-07, 04:05
Hey Jackson,

I want to acknowledge and thank you for the action you just took with Winner and with others that just post to [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) people off or cause flame wars.

Obviously, some people just don't get it. I know you are trying to manage the forum in an effort to try to appease everyone and that is most often an impossible task.

Good luck with the effort.

Suerte,

Stowe

EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted because I do not allow "Goodbye Forever" posts in the forum, generally because these posts amount to nothing other than a public "Kiss Off" from Serial Antagonists who are trying to stir up one final round of trouble before they switch to another alias. Thanks!

=======================================================

Greetings everyone,

It should come as no surprise to anyone that Winner71 wants to quit the forum because now with full moderation he can no longer continiously attack Casa Medellin and others.

One Serial Antagonist down, who's next?

To all the legitimate forum members: I sincerely appreciate your patience as I identify and eradicate the serial antagonists.

Thanks,

Jackson

Stowe
12-31-07, 04:08
Want to acknowledge and thank you for this action. Taking a stance like this can be difficult in your attempt to manage this forum to be benefit of all 100, 000 participants.

This can be an impossible challenge and want to give you credit for trying to maintain some sense of balance and order. There are many who post simply to [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) others off or start flame wars.

Good luck in your continued effort.

Suerte,

Stowe

Pussy Seeker II
12-31-07, 05:47
Winner71,

One down, who's next?

Thanks,

JacksonWell done Jackson, this guy had some sore of sick problem with people offering good services,and had the WRONGEST idea that he had the power to kill a good business just because he did not like the owner he did not even know. There still a few left but eventually they will fall by their own weight. After all what goes around comes around. PSII

Ricker
12-31-07, 18:20
Well done Jackson, this guy had some sore of sick problem with people offering good services,and had the WRONGEST idea that he had the power to kill a good business just because he did not like the owner he did not even know. There still a few left but eventually they will fall by their own weight. After all what goes around comes around. PSIITo be honest guys, I usually don't get involved at all in these silly squabbles that come and go on the ISG.

I've been a memeber for quite some time now and trouble makers have come and gone.
I check the Colombia forum of the ISG quite frequently. I browse through the posts and read the ones of interest to me, and post info when I have something to say.

I have absolutely no problem with any of the hotel / business owners in Colombia. I wish them all well.

I remember the squabbles between the Aussie Mansion and the VIP a little while back. Those posts actually got a little heated with accusations, put downs, etc.
Eventually they settled down and now have become very civil.

This situation is no different.

The owner of la Casa Medellin seems to have a great place and he seems to be very knowledgeable about Colombia, real estate investments, etc.

He has been, however, very outspoken on this board.
In my opinion, he has on occassion, gone a bit over-board at times.

Until his recent apology post, his NMG / BMG / MG were quite arrogant actually. I do appreciate his apology post though.

The poster, Winner, has made some very good contibutions on this board.
He touched a nerve with la Casa Medellin, writing negatively about his linens or whatever, and stating he would not pay the going rate being charged at la Casa's hotel.

Big deal! Compared to the war that raged between the 2 other gringo run hotels earlier, that post was nothing.

I understand la Casa Medellin's desire to promote / defend his place of business, but he was ranting and raving in every thread of the Colombian forum.

Bottom line is amigos, and Senor Jackson, this was a squabble between several posters that got blown out of control.
To point fingers at one guy is ridiculous.

La Casa Medellin is a valued member as well as Winner.
I actually believe they could post in peace together if they just agreed to bury the hatchet.

There is much more going on in Colombia than the hotels in Medellin. There's room for all.

Happy New Year :)

Carrib
12-31-07, 22:12
Geez. With the influx of gringos flocking to MDE. There is no way one or two B&B hotels will be able to accomodate everyone.

I simply don't understand these stupid flame wars. Of course everyone will have their preferences: Mansion/castillo, VIP etc.

All of this senseless argueing amongst grown men needs to stop and we need to return to reporting on the Chicas. Places like the Mansion provide a valuable service to the newbie monger traveling to Colombia. Moreover, experienced mongers sometimes frown at these establishments because they blame the newbies for inflating the chica prices.

To all new hotel owners.

A casa chica is NOT a high class prepago

If you are charging top dollar for your establishment, make sure that service and the accommodation match the asking price

No need to get into flame wars. Your customers will do your advertising for you. Provide a great place with a fun atmostphere. Fine ass chicas also help

Mongers

U have a problem with a hotel owner? Stay somewhere else.

No need to sabotage a guys attempt to make a living. If his establishment is really that bad. He will get no repeat customers and that will be the end of it.

Perhaps you are pissed that these new hotel owners are increasing price of the chicas--etc. Chicas nor the hotel owner is to blame. Continue to provide detailed reports and hopefully smart mongers will use this board to control the prices.

Suerte everyone--happy New Year

Carrib out

Aussie Greg
01-01-08, 01:35
I think it all comes from the Cuban missile crisess, nobody wanted to back down until nearly to late !!

Until I gave Albert a kiss (and no, I didnt put my tounge down his throat) VIP was a little confused with us! Now we are buddies.

I was a bit aggresive before but what does it proove, nothing, I dont give a shit about anything anymore, well ok the JETS !!!! Aussie cricket team (there back in the Carrabean next May/June/July 08 !!!!!)

Take it easy guy´s, happy new year to every body except that fuck head Scooby!

Aussie Greg

To be honest guys, I usually don't get involved at all in these silly squabbles that come and go on the ISG.

I've been a memeber for quite some time now and trouble makers have come and gone.

I check the Colombia forum of the ISG quite frequently. I browse through the posts and read the ones of interest to me, and post info when I have something to say.

I have absolutely no problem with any of the hotel / business owners in Colombia. I wish them all well.

I remember the squabbles between the Aussie Mansion and the VIP a little while back. Those posts actually got a little heated with accusations, put downs, etc.
Eventually they settled down and now have become very civil.

This situation is no different.

The owner of la Casa Medellin seems to have a great place and he seems to be very knowledgeable about Colombia, real estate investments, etc.

Until his recent apology post, his NMG / BMG / MG were quite arrogant actually. I do appreciate his apology post though.

He touched a nerve with la Casa Medellin, writing negatively about his linens or whatever, and stating he would not pay the going rate being charged at la Casa's hotel.

Big deal! Compared to the war that raged between the 2 other gringo run hotels earlier, that post was nothing.

I understand la Casa Medellin's desire to promote / defend his place of business, but he was ranting and raving in every thread of the Colombian forum.

Bottom line is amigos, and Senor Jackson, this was a squabble between several posters that got blown out of control.
To point fingers at one guy is ridiculous.

La Casa Medellin is a valued member as well as Winner.
I actually believe they could post in peace together if they just agreed to bury the hatchet.

There is much more going on in Colombia than the hotels in Medellin. There's room for all.

Happy New Year :)

Casa Medellin
01-01-08, 02:09
I will answer your questions as best as I can.

The person did not refer to the female as a prostitute but called her his "girlfriend". He then asked if her 3 children could sleep in the bed with him and go into the pool. I said no. This person then posted on ISG that the place was not monger friendly. At that time I joined ISG and responded to him. When he originally contacted me I did not know he was a member of ISG and I made no reference to the girl being a prostitute in my email to him. It is only after he started complaining on ISG that I made any reference to the girl being a prostitute.

If you remember the original argument with the person, it is correct that I did use the term hookers when I said something like "hookers and children do not mix".

Now, do I have a justifiable reason to think that this girl could be a prostitute? I think I do and here is why:

1) The person uses the word "Monger" in his user name.

2) The person asks if the hotel is "chica friendly". When I mentioned this before he pretended he did not know that was a code term for if prostitutes were allowed.

3) When he discovered I would not allow him to have children in the hotel he complained in public on "International Sex Guide". He did not go to a family web site to complain, but to a sex guide that deals with prostitution. It was his complaint why I joined the site.

4) He asked in the mail about bringing other guests into the hotel which would mean he probably wants to bring more females.

He then acts SHOCKED when I wrote that hookers and children do not go together. Obviously he is just trying to start a flame war. It seems very transparent.

Perhaps I am wrong, but I do not believe you are being sincere in your questions either. I think you are only asking these types of questions because you are trying to restart an argument.

Also, I saw that public expose of the mansion that you put on YouTube. I would have a serious problem with anyone who did that on my property. Last January there was a woman in Bogota who was sentenced to 6-months in prison for promoting prostitution on the Internet. A lot of Colombians are looking at your video on YouTube. If you look to the links that are pointing at it they are coming from Colombian websites.

I do not sell prostitution and I do not have girls hanging around the house. There are also no girls on my website. Customers can and do bring girls into the hotel just like they would at any hotel in Colombia, but I am definitely not selling those services. I do not even understand why people find it necessary to go to hotels with girls since there are thousands of girls readily available all over Medellin for a lot less money than the ones who are always with gringos. If a customer wants me to give them some pointers I am more than happy to advise them where to go. For instance, Loutrons is just up the street or I can call an English speaking driver to show them around. But I am never going to have 20 girls sitting in the living room. I have been very clear about that on ISG, and I have been telling people in email that if that is what they are looking for that they should go to another place.

So to be perfectly honest I prefer that you do not come to my place. It is not something personal but having people like you in my hotel is something I consider dangerous to the long term survival of my business. Secondly, your only purpose on posting here seems to be to try and drag up some old argument. I do not think you are that stupid to really not understand why I would not allow children to be in this house when most of the guys are with prostitutes. So I really find your "questions" to be less than sincere. Do you really expect me to believe that a person complaining on a sex guide, calling himself a "monger", asking if the place is "chica friendly" is referring to anything else than a hooker? Really? Do you really think it could be anything else or are you just trying to start up an old argument? I really do not believe you are that stupid.

Finally, as I said, you have a history of making a public spectacle on YouTube of your activities. Go look at YouTube and you will see that Colombian chat boards are linking to your video. Go read that most of the comments are in Spanish. Can you read Spanish? The people are saying in Spanish that these girls are all prostitutes.

Do you have written disclosure from every single girl that she understands that she is going to be on YouTube and publicly seen by 60,000 people who are largely Colombian with the inference that she is a hooker? If you do not have this clearly spelled out in writing then every single girl can file a demand against you. I have seen extortion in Colombia by girls in the past. I know people who have paid thousands of dollars in damages to these girls for much less than you have done.

I am not being personal here. I just want you to understand that your actions can get you in a lot of shit in Colombia. As a hotel owner, I have the right to not let in people who can create problems for myself and my business.

I certainly do not want to find myself in the middle of a lawsuit between a customer and a girl. If I let some guy sleep with children in a room, and later the woman files a criminal complaint against him, then I will more than likely find myself getting dragged in as a witness. If one of my customers gets sued by 20 girls he posted on YouTube then I also will probably find myself dragged into the drama.

I have a rule that guests cannot take pictures of the house without permission. They obviously can do whatever they want in their rooms but I do not want photos in the public areas unless I know about it beforehand. This rule is because most of the customers do not want their photos accidentally put on the Internet. Some people have jobs and would not want to be accidentally seen with a bunch of hookers. If everyone agrees that they want to be photographed then it is no problem with me. But I do not want Camera Guys snapping photographs constantly since I have more than once seen photos of guys put on sites like ISG by accident.

I am trying to built a business that is not a giant frat house. I want mature people here who appreciate quality. Everyone who has stayed here has been a great guy and no one has any problem with my few rules. If you want to stay in a giant frat house, with everyone snapping up group photos and gossiping about the other giant frat house, then I am sure there is a place to go, but it is not Casa Medellin.

And like I said Cubanut, this is not a personal thing against you. My neighbor said you were a nice guy and I trust his opinion. But I am telling you very honestly that what you do can cause very serious problems in Colombia and I do not want my business to be associated with these things.

Let me give you an example so you understand how things work in Colombia. There was a guy who made some porno video in Cartagena. I did not see it but I understand it was pretty hardcore and he was in the video. The girl in the video decided she was going to extort the guy. So she went to the police and filed a complaint. She probably had no legitimate complaint but that does not matter when the police see money. They took him and put him in the holding area. The police then made him an offer that he could settle with the girl or be held for an investigation. After sweating it out for a while he agreed to pay the girl 5 million pesos instead of staying in the police station for what they were saying could be up to 15 days. That is probably bullshit since I do not think they could hold him for that long but he believed it and paid. Apparently his ticket was for the next day so he thought it was not so bad only paying 5 million since he had to get back.

I know the girl who did this. She is a well known Cartagena girl. I am pretty certain to that you put her photos on another board a couple years ago so I think you know her to. There are pictures on ISG of her. I hope nothing like this happens to you, but if it does it is not going to happen in my hotel.

Casa Medellin,

I would find it hard to believe that this potential client wrote you and described his female partner as a prostitute. Or is it that you feel any Colombiana with a gringo is nothing but that. A prostitute? If not I think you owe him an apology for inferring that she is a prostitute.

Aside from that, even though I never flamed you at all, you straight out told me that I was not welcome at the Casa Medellin simply because I asked you specific questions about your hotel. Those questions included whether there was noise from the construction next door, when the bar-b-que could be used, what the policy of "No Photos" meant and if the pool was heated daily. I didn't think these type of questions warranted being excluded from being a client.

Perhaps you did not read the part where I said I was asking you these questions because I wanted to bring a American female friend of mine with me to Colombia. She is ONLY a friend who wants to see Medellin first hand (I have many female friends that I do not sleep with). She knows nothing of the chica situation in Medellin.

I did not feel that the Mansion/Castillo/VIP was appropriate for her stay and since you were promoting a non-monger location I asked you these things.

That being said, I will be in Medellin in a couple of weeks (without my American female friend this time) and will be visiting with our mutual friend (your neighbor) to view the construction progress. So I am asking that while I am in the neighborhood will you welcome me to pay you a visit and see the Casa Medellin first hand with the thought of being a potential client on my next visit when my American female friend joins me?

I await your response,

Cubanut

Casa Medellin
01-01-08, 02:18
I do not think I went over the top at all. I spent 10 months remodeling this place which was a hell of a lot of hard work. I also pumped in a lot of money. I then find a couple of lowlifes on ISG writing negative reports about the place even though they never saw it. If you try to sabatage a hotel owned by a Colombian when there is this much money involved something very much over the top would have been done than only posting on ISG.

Cubanut
01-01-08, 10:14
And like I said Cubanut, this is not a personal thing against you. My neighbor said you were a nice guy and I trust his opinion. But I am telling you very honestly that what you do can cause very serious problems in Colombia and I do not want my business to be associated with these things.Casa Medellin,

Again you have not addressed the fact that I explained that I wanted my American female friend to stay at a non-mongering location and not as a Colombian prostitute. I do not see how you don't understand this. I did not intend to even bring a single Colombian chica to Casa Medellin. But, so be it. I will instead put her in a 5 star hotel (she deserves it). I think you would be disappointed in your decision had you met her. She is quite notable.

Anyway, that still leaves open the question about me at least being able to view the premises on my upcoming visit. Are you saying you will turn me away if I even just show up come for coffee?

Cubanut

Ricker
01-01-08, 15:34
I do not think I went over the top at all. I spent 10 months remodeling this place which was a hell of a lot of hard work. I also pumped in a lot of money. I then find a couple of lowlifes on ISG writing negative reports about the place even though they never saw it. If you try to sabatage a hotel owned by a Colombian when there is this much money involved something very much over the top would have been done than only posting on ISG.You win senor Casa Medellin. I'm through with this debate.

Happy New Year to all!

Ricker
01-01-08, 15:37
No need to get into flame wars. Your customers will do your advertising for you. Provide a great place with a fun atmostphere. Fine ass chicas also help ... Very well put amigo :)

Traylor Park
01-01-08, 18:09
Finally, as I said, you have a history of making a public spectacle on YouTube of your activities. Go look at YouTube and you will see that Colombian chat boards are linking to your video. Go read that most of the comments are in Spanish. Can you read Spanish? The people are saying in Spanish that these girls are all prostitutes.

Do you have written disclosure from every single girl that she understands that she is going to be on YouTube and publicly seen by 60,000 people who are largely Colombian with the inference that she is a hooker? If you do not have this clearly spelled out in writing then every single girl can file a demand against you. I have seen extortion in Colombia by girls in the past. I know people who have paid thousands of dollars in damages to these girls for much less than you have done. You bring up a great point. Especially if you are doing business in Medellin.

This is something to be taken seriously. I do not think that any Paisa would want her picture on YouTube and/or Colombian Chat Rooms labeling her as a puta.

I was in Panama for one night on my last trip to Medellin. I was hanging out in a club talking to a Colombiana, who told me she was from Medellin. After I told her I was on my way to Medellin, and that I knew alot of Paisas there, she wanted nothing to do with me, told me to forget I ever met her and walked away.

It will only take one Paisa to cause you serious problems that will make you regret putting the video up on YouTube. Again, especially if you are doing business in Medellin.

I'm going to check out some the Colombian links, see what they are saying about the video and more importantly about the Paisitas.

Admin
01-01-08, 20:31
Casa Medellin,

Again you have not addressed the fact that I explained that I wanted my American female friend to stay at a non-mongering location and not as a Colombian prostitute. I do not see how you don't understand this. I did not intend to even bring a single Colombian chica to Casa Medellin. But, so be it. I will instead put her in a 5 star hotel (she deserves it). I think you would be disappointed in your decision had you met her. She is quite notable.

Anyway, that still leaves open the question about me at least being able to view the premises on my upcoming visit. Are you saying you will turn me away if I even just show up come for coffee?

Cubanut==============================================

Hi Cubanut,

Stop challenging people in the Forum.

If you want to ask a personal question, like "Are you saying you will turn me away if I even just show up come for coffee?", then send it in a PM.

The next one gets deleted. Get it?

Thanks,

Jackson

Admin
01-01-08, 20:33
Greetings everyone,

The Casa Medellin discussion has been moved to the Casa Medellin thread.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2718

Any future posts about Casa Medellin in this thread will be deleted without comment.

Thanks,

Jackson

Admin
01-01-08, 20:39
The poster, Winner, has made some very good contibutions on this board.===========================================

Hi Ricker,

With all due respect, Winner was a Serial Antagonist and a cancer whose mission was to cause trouble. Whether he may or may not have contributed some information is irrelevant.

Would you tolerate a vocally and physically abusive party guest in your home because he also told a few jokes?

Thanks,

Jackson

MJG Dogs
01-01-08, 20:52
Jackson;

Close this thread. To discuss and or argue about the merits of a member , with another member, drags you into the mud.. you should be above that

Casa Medellin;

I would refrain from giving in depth and specific details on this board. I appreciated your apology to everyone, but now drop it dude......I wish you a successful and happy 2008..

Everyone Else;

What the fuck does any of this contribute to the board?

Ricker
01-02-08, 01:11
... I was in Panama for one night on my last trip to Medellin. I was hanging out in a club talking to a Colombiana, who told me she was from Medellin. After I told her I was on my way to Medellin, and that I knew alot of Paisas there, she wanted nothing to do with me, told me to forget I ever met her and walked away ...Hey amigo. I've been to Panama a gazillion times and have spoken with many Paisas there who know that I know Medellin and it's Paisas there.

Most, if not all thinks it's cool that I know their city.

Very strange that a chica would leave you like that simply because you know her city.

I'm sure it had nothing to do with Cubanut's YouTube post.

Ricker
01-02-08, 01:14
===========================================

Hi Ricker,

With all due respect, Winner was a Serial Antagonist and a cancer whose mission was to cause trouble. Whether he may or may not have contributed some information is irrelevant.

Would you tolerate a vocally and physically abusive party guest in your home because he also told a few jokes?

Thanks,

JacksonHey, it's your site, you're the Jeffe :)

Skug37
01-02-08, 02:33
Jackson,

I wanted to commend you on your decision for Full Moderation of the Colombian forum. Colombia is one of the best, if not the best, country for mongering. It was always such a shame to see the entire forum being hogged by a few individuals that would contribute absolutely no informative mongering information at all, but would rather just write negatively biased, and untrue, things about local Colombian businesses and the country as a whole.

I often wondered why people who seemed to be so scared of Mongering would bother writing in on a mongering site. By any means, it is good to see that these individuals will be sifted out. There is more than ample information to share about mongering in Colombia, and now the information can be shared without being smothered out by people who know absolutely nothing about the country.

Greetings Skug37,

I appreciate your comments and your participation in the Forum.

Thanks,

Jackson

RoadGlide
01-02-08, 04:10
Hi Cubanut,

Stop challenging people in the Forum.

If you want to ask a personal question, like "Are you saying you will turn me away if I even just show up come for coffee?", then send it in a PM.

The next one gets deleted. Get it?

Thanks,

JacksonWhile Cubanut posts some great photos, I'm glad that Jackson is taking a look at his posting habits. He did the same sort of thing when VIP started their operation a while back.

RG.

Traylor Park
01-02-08, 05:03
Hey amigo. I've been to Panama a gazillion times and have spoken with many Paisas there who know that I know Medellin and it's Paisas there.

Most, if not all thinks it's cool that I know their city.

Very strange that a chica would leave you like that simply because you know her city.It might have had something to do with me naming a few barrios were I hang out, while in Medellin. She might have family and/or friends in one of the barrios that I mentioned and it may have been too close for comfort.

At least that's the impression I got.

I spend a lot of time up in the shantytowns, estrato 1 and 2 hillside barrios.

A gazillion time in Panama huh? Once was enough for me.

Cornbread88
01-02-08, 05:28
I was in Panama for one night on my last trip to Medellin. I was hanging out in a club talking to a Colombiana, who told me she was from Medellin. After I told her I was on my way to Medellin, and that I knew alot of Paisas there, she wanted nothing to do with me, told me to forget I ever met her and walked away.Just her interpretation and sounds like an isolated incident IMO. I'm sure as long as one knows who Simon Bolivar is, knows about Nacional, Pilsen, Pueblito Paisa, Bandeja Paisa, that the colors in the Colombian flag represent gold, water from the 2 oceans the country borders and the blood of fallen soldiers you will score a few points I'm sure but this fact still remains. One thing I noticed on my trip. The average person in Medellin may not make as much money as us but they are not stupid. IMO they know why gringos go to Medellin. Pretty much everyone who lives there as well as anyone who is familiar with travel in South America knows why a gringo who is single keeps returning to Medellin. To get laid. Doesn't matter if you prefer deal with pros like me or have a novia, it's the same damn thing to me because the thing is we are all looking to stick our dick in someplace warm and wet. That is why I like this forum and not other forums where guys tiptoe around the topic and act like they go to a somewhat dangerous country for gringos to be in like Colombia for other reasons. You guys on the ISG board have the balls to tell the truth about why you go there.

When my cabbie John Jairo was taking me to Energy we stopped a couple doors down from it while looking for the place and an old guy sitting on the sidewalk saw us and pointed the way to it. He saw me the gringo in the cab and knew why I was in the neighborhood.

Phunluv
01-02-08, 06:15
You bring up a great point. Especially if you are doing business in Medellin.

This is something to be taken seriously. I do not think that any Paisa would want her picture on YouTube and/or Colombian Chat Rooms labeling her as a puta.

I was in Panama for one night on my last trip to Medellin. I was hanging out in a club talking to a Colombiana, who told me she was from Medellin. After I told her I was on my way to Medellin, and that I knew alot of Paisas there, she wanted nothing to do with me, told me to forget I ever met her and walked away. I'm going to check out some the Colombian links, see what they are saying about the video and more importantly about the Paisitas. TP, that girl left you because she inferred from your remarks that you were either a monger (true right? ) or an intl. player. And while many colombianas are slutty, not all are and some can actually be quite conservative. Maybe she was that type.

I think Casa Medellin has some points but he's just a bit paranoid. Case in point, just take a look at the Mansion. There's lots of sketchy businesses in Colombia but add "owned by foreigner" to the mix and that can potentially be a recipe for trouble. I think many people in Poblado do know what goes on in the mansion, but it hasn't seemed to cause any major trouble yet, at least from what I can tell reading the ISG posts over the past year or so. I guess Aussie and co-owners know the "right people" in Medallo?

As for the infamous YouTube video, it seems laughable that cubanut will ever catch any trouble from it. Although the subtext is pretty clear, none of the pics are particularly revealing or overt. And most of these girls are probably known by the locals for being prepagas anyway even if the video didn't exist. I seriously doubt a video like that is going to ruin anyone's reputation that hasn't been ruined already.

As for Casa Medellin:

what I can say to you is you're coming off as a bit hyper and weird what with all these posts lately. You certainly have a right to defend yourself and even promote your hotel here (in an area separate from the reports of course) but the overreactions to the other board members has made you dig your own grave in ISG. You have almost no friends on this board now.

My question to you is what do you want here? Do you or do you not want mongers as a clientele? Here's some free business advice: don't waste so much time and energy defending your hotel to a clientele that you don't want anyway. What's the point in that? You're better off spending that time trying to figure out ways to bring the clientele you do want. Here's a hint: your place looks perfect for Colombian ejecutivos who want to chill out in a smaller place and have more privacy, so they can bring their girlfriend, prepaga, mistress (not the wifey!) along and not attract the wrong attention like they might in a bigger chain hotel while they're in Medellin attending events, conventions, conferences, etc.

Or if you do want some monger types, just be straightforward and let us know what "ground rules" you are setting. . . at least for the time being while you are establishing yourself in Medallo.

Ricker
01-02-08, 14:24
It might have had something to do with me naming a few barrios were I hang out, while in Medellin. She might have family and/or friends in one of the barrios that I mentioned and it may have been too close for comfort.

At least that's the impression I got.

I spend a lot of time up in the shantytowns, estrato 1 and 2 hillside barrios.

A gazillion time in Panama huh? Once was enough for me.If that Paisa you met in Panama was a pro, she probably figured you weren,t a high dollar payer after you told her where you hang in Medellin.

If she was non pro, she figured you were a puta chaser hanging in those barrios. :)

A gazillion times in Panama because when works sends you that way and is footing the bill, you go smiling.

Beats the sex prison US by a mile and I most likely know the area just a little better than others might.

Take care.

Aussie Greg
01-02-08, 20:31
Another beautifull day here in Medellin.

Aussie Greg.

Casa Medellin
01-02-08, 23:22
i think casa medellin has some points but he's just a bit paranoid. case in point, just take a look at the mansion. there's lots of sketchy businesses in colombia but add "owned by foreigner" to the mix and that can potentially be a recipe for trouble. i think many people in poblado do know what goes on in the mansion, but it hasn't seemed to cause any major trouble yet, at least from what i can tell reading the isg posts over the past year or so. i guess aussie and co-owners know the "right people" in medallo? .i have been avoiding as much as i can to make any comparison to the mansion. it is the members here who keep making the comparison. i know as soon as i make some comparison it is just going to start more flaming by some of the cheerleaders.

i really have no opinion on what is done in the mansion. i do not model my business based on the mansion, and what happens the mansion is none of my business. so i have no real comment on the mansion. the people who own the mansion will probably never have any problems. i certainly would not want them to as it would reflect poorly on all gringo owned hotels.

as for the infamous youtube video, it seems laughable that cubanut will ever catch any trouble from it. although the subtext is pretty clear, none of the pics are particularly revealing or overt. and most of these girls are probably known by the locals for being prepagas anyway even if the video didn't exist. i seriously doubt a video like that is going to ruin anyone's reputation that hasn't been ruined already. i do not think cubanut will be laughing if one of those girls tries to extort him. phunluv, you really do not understand much about colombia. extortion for this type of thing happens all the time. many girls in cartagena have extorted gringos in the past for this type of thing. most victims are not going to run to isg and admit they were the victim of extortion.

i could probably write about 25-30 different examples of extortion that i know about in colombia. i have had people try to get money from me personally at least 5 times including the police and other tenants in my building. i have lawyers on call 24 hours a day for this purpose.

there is one girl on this site who makes most of her money by extortion. she just waits for the right victim who she can tell is going to get nervous and pay her. she then shows up with someone claiming to be the police and says she was either raped or is ****.

what i can say to you is you're coming off as a bit hyper and weird what with all these posts lately. you certainly have a right to defend yourself and even promote your hotel here (in an area separate from the reports of course) but the overreactions to the other board members has made you dig your own grave in isg. you have almost no friends on this board now. you do not know how wrong you are. most of the people who are making reservations right now are doing so as a result of reading my posts. most sensible people can see right through losers like winner.

so i have made enemies with 3-4 people on the board. big deal because i have made 20 friends with people who are looking for alternative places to stay.

at least 5 guys have sent me email saying they are coming to casa medellin for the exact reason i am not letting cubanut here. guys who are married, guys who have serious jobs, guys who are older and more mature just don't want to take the risk of some camera guy snapping up their picture with a couple of prostitutes.

i tell people not to take pictures in the shared public areas without permission first. that is a very basic and straight forward rule that 99% of the clients would not have a problem with.

i certainly am not over reacting and i am not paranoid. i have just lived here long enough to know how things work. i hope cubanut does not have any problems. i sincerely hope no one has any problems because it reflects poorly on all gringos in medellin. i do not want the people in medellin to start to dislike gringos.

a lot of colombians are forming the opinion that all gringos are in colombia for sex and nothing else. i hear a lot of gossip amongst colombians about this. putting a video on youtube for 60, 000 colombians to see just reaffirms this. i simply do not want my business to be associated with those things.

people like yourself and cubanut have probably not ventured far out of the safe zones in colombia. you have probably never seen much of where these girls really live. most girls are living in incredibly poor neighborhoods where life is cheap and violence is common.

i know people who have been shot dead over the most stupid and trivial things such as being disrespected. this is why the majority of the girls work in different cities from where they live. if their colombian boyfriends ever found out what they did they would definitely get a serious beating for making him look like a chump and it could be far worse. if someone went into a strata 1 or 2 where these girls actually lived and started showing pictures of the girl in a *****house, then someone would end up dead very fast.

poblado is a very nice and safe area. there are also many parts of colombia that are safe and peaceful. however, most of these girls in medellin are living in shantytowns where you can have someone killed for $50. cubanut has jeopardised these girls safety by exposing them on youtube to a colombian audience. i certainly do not think i am paranoid when i keep people like cubanut as far away as possible from my business. i do not need the drama.

Carrib
01-03-08, 02:06
cpli=chica photo liability insurance-so we can all be protected against enterprising chicas who wish to extort funds from us. but seriously who are they going to sue? senor cubanut de estados unidos? from where? ok. girl waits till cubanut visits colombia, demands money. cubanut deletes picture--now what? jackson can always restrict photo viewing from colombian ip ranges.

cubanut is quite capable of defending himself. i will say this though, i forwarded that youtube video to several of my friends and they are all are planning to visit the medellin mansion soon. lol. that video was tastefully done and it is a well known fact that both non-pros and pros hang out at the mansion. yes, 60k viewed the video but they were not all colombians.

there is one girl on this site who makes most of her money by extortion. she just waits for the right victim who she can tell is going to get nervous and pay her. she then shows up with someone claiming to be the police and says she was either raped or is ****.

well that is quite interesting, why dont u provide more info on this girl?..who/where is she? or at least tell jackson so she can be banned.

a lot of colombians are forming the opinion that all gringos are in colombia for sex and nothing else. i hear a lot of gossip amongst colombians about this. putting a video on youtube for 60, 000 colombians to see just reaffirms this. i simply do not want my business to be associated with those things.

most colombians dont really care since the majority of gringos will never have access to the high end prepagos or upper class chicas, again 60k people saw the video--not 60k colombians. not all colombians have internet access at home..especially those from poor barrios..and in case you havent noticed, this is the international sex guide--where members come together to share info, pics of pros/semi-pros from all over the world, including medellin. you choose to advertise in this forum and yet you dont want your business associated with mongering activity?

btw this last line is complete rubbish..

cubanut has jeopardised these girls safety by exposing them on youtube to a colombian audience i have seen more explicit photos of these girls.

Phunluv
01-03-08, 02:21
A lot of Colombians are forming the opinion that all gringos are in Colombia for sex and nothing else. I hear a lot of gossip amongst Colombians about this. Putting a video on YouTube for 60, 000 Colombians to see just reaffirms this. I simply do not want my business to be associated with those things.

People like yourself and Cubanut have probably not ventured far out of the safe zones in Colombia. You have probably never seen much of where these girls really live. Most girls are living in incredibly poor neighborhoods where life is cheap and violence is common.

I know people who have been shot dead over the most stupid and trivial things such as being disrespected. This is why the majority of the girls work in different cities from where they live. If their Colombian boyfriends ever found out what they did they would definitely get a serious beating for making him look like a chump and it could be far worse. If someone went into a strata 1 or 2 where these girls actually lived and started showing pictures of the girl in a *****house, then someone would end up dead very fast.Hi Casa,

Actually I've been in some of those sketchy neighborhoods. My first 2 nights in Medallo were in Barrio Trinidad, not exactly estrato 6! :) As for the physical abuse, it's possible I guess, but many of these girls get mistreated from their bf ANYWAY, just because he was drunk one night or a stupid argument. That's usually one of the reasons why many of these chicas get into this business to begin with. They get tired of his cheating and abuse and abandon the idea of relying on a bf or husband. "No creo en el amor" is a line I've heard one too many times down there. . .

As for Cubanut, I'll let him defend himself if he wants to, but over the past year or so, I've only seen him post pics of chicas, no guys (whether monger or no) and no pics of "non-pros." I'm sure if he were to stay in your place he would be careful of the picture taking, I don't think he'll be snapping pics all over the place and publishing them all on the web without your blessing.

I don't want to get into a flame war with you. I really don't have a problem with you although I still think you're a wee bit paranoid. For the most part though, that is usually a good thing for a foreigner in Colombia, and I agree discretion is the key. I've actually never stayed at VIP or Mansion because I have several paisa buddies I hang out with, and I wouldn't feel comfortable with them knowing about my mongering "on the side." That's why I rent an apartment instead, plus I have a lot of fun just hanging out with them and going to non-monger venues at night.

Cubanut
01-03-08, 09:10
People like Cubanut have probably not ventured far out of the safe zones in Colombia. You have probably never seen much of where these girls really live. Most girls are living in incredibly poor neighborhoods where life is cheap and violence is common.

At least 5 guys have sent me email saying they are coming to Casa Medellin for the exact reason I am not letting Cubanut here. Guys who are married, guys who have serious jobs, guys who are older and more mature just don't want to take the risk of some Camera Guy snapping up their picture with a couple of prostitutes.

I tell people not to take pictures in the shared public areas without permission first. That is a very basic and straight forward rule that 99% of the clients would not have a problem with.Casa Medellin,

Actually, I have the poorest of poor places in Colombia but to me there not what I write about out here in Monger land so please don't make random remarks about where I have I have not been, thank you.

Also, as Phunluv observed and is correct about: I have NEVER posted a picture of a fellow Monger EVER. So please stop making that straight out accusation. It is just plain false.

Again I will say that in my posts I NEVER flamed you and you have yet to show that I ever did yet you imply that it is I who attacked you.

BTW- RoadGlide, I know what your motive is out here as well as on the other boards that you have written negatives about me and other Mongers. That was exposed on another board and I will leave it at that. It's your problem and not ours.

Cheers Gents,

Cubanut

Casa Medellin
01-03-08, 21:20
Then why don't you just ignore me and let it end? I don't want your business and I don't want to argue with you. I will stop writing anything about you if you stop writing about me.

Again I will say that in my posts I NEVER flamed you and you have yet to show that I ever did yet you imply that it is I who attacked you.

Ricker
01-04-08, 01:40
Casa Medellin,

Actually, I have the poorest of poor places in Colombia but to me there not what I write about out here in Monger land so please don't make random remarks about where I have I have not been, thank you.

Also, as Phunluv observed and is correct about: I have NEVER posted a picture of a fellow Monger EVER. So please stop making that straight out accusation. It is just plain false.

BTW- RoadGlide, I know what your motive is out here as well as on the other boards that you have written negatives about me and other Mongers. That was exposed on another board and I will leave it at that. It's your problem and not ours.

Cheers Gents,

CubanutHey Cuba,

I hope things are well.

Your fotos are some of the best and very tastefull.

Keep doing your thing amigo :)

See ya in Sao Paolo.

Skug37
01-05-08, 03:12
Although on the Colombian Thread there has traditionally been lots of flaming and idle chit chat, that does not pertain at all to Mongering, I have never witnessed Cubanut doing any such act. In fact, quite the contrary. He is one of the few people in the Colombian Thread that stays on track. Over time however, I have seen several people attempting to flame him. Cubanut always stays focused, by giving very detailed information on Mongering Spots, and of course providing the best photos of the thread. He is altruistically sharing sex photos on a sex site, so that we may all enjoy them. Is that not the point of a Monger Forum? Every time that I see a member harass someone about posting photos on this site, I can’t help but to wonder why they are part of this forum if photos of nude women make them uncomfortable. In essence, I am certain that not only myself, but many other members of the site, show a great deal of appreciation for all that Cubanut contributes. Keep up the good work Cubanut!

Ricker
01-05-08, 13:14
Was your innocuous post DELETED by you? Or was IT deleted?Hey Miami Heat, hope your trip to Cali is / was fun and you got to hang with our buddy (el calbito) from NY :)

I decided to get myself back on track on this site and only post reports or helpful info.

That's what it's all about, corecto?

Too much drama and I was adding to it .... not my style :)

Take care amigos!

Col Bog 1
01-18-08, 04:31
Hi Ezinho.

Col Bog 1 is another member who's reports and photos I enjoy, ...Thanks for that!

Hope you'll appreciate the future post as well.

The search tool also help to see where someone puts his posts.

I mainly post at the Colombian, Ecuadorian and Venezuelian forum.

These are the 3 countries where I regularly go for my business.

I'm always glad to know I have some delighted readers.

Cheers.

Ps. I tried to send you this message thru PM but your PM mailbox is full.

The ROD thread is intended to provide a place to post links to the forum's premier reports. If Forum members would use it and post links to the Forum's best reports, then these premier reports you describe wouldn't get lost, and in fact they would be accessible and reviewed for a long time.

Thanks,

JacksonHi Jackson.

You're right it should be that way.

When I first start to write reports I followed your recommendations and put some of my reports in the ROD thread.

Then, someone wrote that it was a lack of humility to post my own reports in the ROD. It made me think, and even though you wrote that I was doing the right thing, I stopped publishing my reports in the ROD.

My thought was that it was probably better to put list of places in this thread than reports of how I had a good or bad time with a girl, as most girls don't stay long at the same place or in the business.

I would say that there are 2 kinds of posts to keep:

1) The addresses of the places where you can find girls.

2) Good stories of how it goes with specific girl and/or places.

Then you may consider be the filter and automatically inscribe the relevant post to the ROD1 and/or ROD2.

What do you and the other posters think of that?

Thanks

Too Jaded
05-28-08, 05:57
Wouldn't a more properly directed action be better, such as direct action against the perpetrators and trolls vis-a-vis dropping the ban hammer, or demoting their account to newbie status (no photos, all posts moderated)?

I know you have thought about this, so maybe I am over simplifying. But most of us play by the rules and it just stinks when the majority suffers by the minority.

Just my $.02.

2J

===============================================

Hi TJ,

I agree with your observations, and I tried "direct action against the perpetrators and trolls vis-a-vis dropping the ban hammer" for several years to no avail, largely because of the time lost and difficulty involved in identifying Colombia Serial Antagonists who had registered new and/or multiple usernames.

In other words, it was proving difficult to quickly and precisely identify recycled Colombia Serial Antagonists, especially considering that many of these antagonists have the knowledge and motivation to mask their antagonistic intentions with legitimate information, AKA "Stealth Serial Antagonists".

However, and without tipping my hand at this time, please rest assured that a permanent solution is in the works and will be enacted as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Jackson

Too Jaded
05-29-08, 03:25
in other words, it was proving difficult to quickly and precisely identify recycled colombia serial antagonists.in this day and age of tor proxies and ip obfurep001ion i can appreciate the challenge, especially on a site like this where some level or perceived anonymity prevents the use of more active authentication.

i feel for you, and appreciate all you do for us. glad you're working on a nuclear option in the meantime!

thanks as always, jackson.

2j

Malodr
05-29-08, 22:01
You know some of us are not trouble makers, why moderate us?

Hilltopper
11-13-08, 12:21
I wasn't around these digs when the full moderation of the Colombia forum was implemented, but I've been around on other internet forums long enough to realize that sometimes there's a need for it.

That being said, with the 1st year anniversary of being fully moderated fastly approaching, is there a chance that the Colombia Forum may see less of a time delay between the time a post is submitted and the time its released for all to read?

Is there a day on the horizon where at least the credentialed Senior Members' posts aren't delayed? Is there anything we can do to contribute or help in order to move toward less than initial quarantine on 100% of the posts?

Regardless of whether the Forum stays in full moderation or not, I would like to express my appreciation to Jackson for all that he does and for making this Forum as informative and enjoyable as it is. I can appreciate the old expression---if it ain't broke, don't fix it---and realize that it has it merits.

Sploofed
01-09-09, 20:54
Are there any non-smoking strip bars besides Conojitas?

Tom 33
01-11-09, 02:15
Are there any non-smoking strip bars besides Conojitas?
The whole country went no smoking on Jan. 1. That includes all bars.

Member #3435
01-11-09, 03:44
The whole country went no smoking on Jan. 1. That includes all bars.Yeah right. Have you ever seen how that works in France?

Cordially,

Schwmm

Relapse1952
01-11-09, 20:49
Yeah right. Have you ever seen how that works in France?

Cordially,

SchwmmI smoke and the new policy is a pain in the butt!

My experience has been it is being enforced.

Funny, they don't enforce driving standards, but they are bitchen about the smoking. God love Colombia!!!

Relapse

Tom 33
01-11-09, 22:05
Yeah right. Have you ever seen how that works in France?

Cordially,

SchwmmI don't spend much time in bars. But I live here, and it seems to be taken seriously in restaurants and stores.

Artisttyp
01-11-09, 23:15
The whole country went no smoking on Jan. 1. That includes all bars.What a nuisance. At least the weather isn't that cold. Most places have an open air entrance and you are allowed to bring your beer out onto the street.

It amazes me how many idiots in NYC still pay absorbent amounts of money to go drinking and get treated like shit. Crotch grabbing security no re- entrance policies. They even pay twice for coat check(if they want it) to have a smoke and re-enter.

IMHO places that have smoking bans lose alot of their character. It just isn't the same anymore. It won't stop me from returning but it will be an unpleasant reminder to me about how the world is changing. I am a product of the 70's and 80's. I don't relate to healthy partying.

If health is a concern they should get rid of the glue bags and coke.

MJG Dogs
01-12-09, 04:41
I am glad they are enforcing the ban. When dining in Cartagena it is never Americans blowing smoke towards me, probably not Colombians for they do not eat in the tourist traps, so that leaves who?

The Europeans of course.

Aussie Greg
01-12-09, 16:54
The Mansion to, only guests can smoke but no *****s!

I've had enough picking up *****s butts!

Aussie Greg

I don't spend much time in bars. But I live here, and it seems to be taken seriously in restaurants and stores.

Sploofed
01-13-09, 16:02
The whole country went no smoking on Jan. 1. That includes all bars.That's good. Unfortuanately many of the strip clubs in centro still smell bad.

Tom 33
01-13-09, 22:18
That's good. Unfortuanately many of the strip clubs in centro still smell bad.A good part of el Centro smells bad.

Marzon
01-14-09, 07:07
New York City smells worse, especially in the summer when the bums [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) all over the place and the 95 degree heat bakes it. What a shithole, NYC.

Tom 33
01-14-09, 20:47
New York City smells worse, especially in the summer when the bums [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) all over the place and the 95 degree heat bakes it. What a shithole, NYC.At least NYC has public facilities. Medellín does not. While I live far from el Centro in Medellín, I saw a cabbie pissing on a tree around 11:30 am this morning in a residential area.

Artisttyp
01-16-09, 21:34
at least nyc has public facilities. medellín does not. while i live far from el centro in medellín, i saw a cabbie pissing on a tree around 11:30 am this morning in a residential area.not true. nyc is the most inconvenient place to take a [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140). most establishments that sell food and drink do not have a public bathroom. out of order signs are used to discourage public use even if they have a bathroom.

medellin has pay for [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) locations all over the centro.

it amazes me how these morons in nyc can't even get a public bathroom system going. jobs to the homeless revenue to the city. until then i will continue to use phone booths and unload zones to [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134). i hate doing it but when you drink alot of water and take vitamins you must release on time.

riding a bike in nyc gives you more access to [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) locations as well.

lima is a goldmine for [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) convenience.

Tom 33
01-17-09, 12:04
Medellin has pay for [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) locations all over the centro.
And you think that the street people can or are going to pay?

That odor in el Centro is not perfume.

Sploofed
01-19-09, 16:50
not true. nyc is the most inconvenient place to take a [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140). most establishments that sell food and drink do not have a public bathroom. out of order signs are used to discourage public use even if they have a bathroom.

medellin has pay for [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) locations all over the centro.

it amazes me how these morons in nyc can't even get a public bathroom system going. jobs to the homeless revenue to the city. until then i will continue to use phone booths and unload zones to [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134). i hate doing it but when you drink alot of water and take vitamins you must release on time.

riding a bike in nyc gives you more access to [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) locations as well.

lima is a goldmine for [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) convenience.they are not all over centro, only in a few select spots. sometimes you can find portapoties but the smell coming from them is unbearable to me. those pay for [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) locations are getting more expensive too. 700 pesos now, getting close to the price of a small empanada.

Parcero
09-20-09, 01:06
actually, the porta potties in el centro are kept very clean.

there are people there that clean them on regular intervals.

they barely smell when you consider that it is actually a public bathroom.

they were put in that area so that people would not have to [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) on the

street.

paying to [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) is actually very good because there are always supplies such

as toilet paper, soap, and someone to clean also between patrons.

700 pesos is a small price to pay when you want to relieve yourself in a clean environment.

someone has to pay for supplies, and a cleaning person.

i am glad that i am able to help them.

-parcero

BayBoy
02-01-10, 19:19
To Jackson. Isn't it about time to lift the Full Moderation ban thats in place for Colombia. The serial antagonists have stopped posting for quite a while now and only standard-normal conversations are going on.

This is a very active board and there's a lot of good postings that are being held up, waiting for your approval.

Lift the ban.

Av8r
02-01-10, 23:55
Oh, so that's the reason my posts were taking so long to record.

I thought it has something to do with me

Turbos Vegas
04-19-10, 00:30
Hey everyone I'm horribile slow typer, I'm very familiar with Cali and can speak spanish lost my regular contact I had I'm plan on goingfor at least 2 months, from end of June thru aug at a min last time I stayed for 7 months they had to deport me LOL. Also hit me up if if your plan to travel there in that time frame.

Big Bossman
05-25-10, 02:08
TV - I'll be in Cali, staring June 28 for a week.

PM me so we can meet-up.

Hey everyone I'm horribile slow typer, I'm very familiar with Cali and can speak spanish lost my regular contact I had I'm plan on goingfor at least 2 months, from end of June thru aug at a min last time I stayed for 7 months they had to deport me LOL. Also hit me up if if your plan to travel there in that time frame.

Marauder
06-09-10, 07:59
Ooops, so I think I just posted the same question twice, assuming that my first post never made it. I'm just reading the full moderation status now.

My apologies for the duplicity/stupidity.

Vitrea
10-06-10, 05:46
Jackson,

Most people I chat with agree that "full moderation" had it's positive effect and the problem seems to have gone away. It might be time to lift the ban. This is an active forum and realtime posts make much more sense and it help keeps a decent continuity of discussion.

I know that it is a lot of work to fully moderate a forum so we appreciate the service and thank you for your consideration to possibly lift the ban.

Cubanut
10-06-10, 08:52
Jackson,

Most people I chat with agree that "full moderation" had it's positive effect and the problem seems to have gone away. It might be time to lift the ban. This is an active forum and realtime posts make much more sense and it help keeps a decent continuity of discussion.

I know that it is a lot of work to fully moderate a forum so we appreciate the service and thank you for your consideration to possibly lift the ban.Jackson,

I think many of us agree that a lot of the "bad weeds" have been eliminated over the time of this board being under full moderation.

Real time posts are far more interesting to follow and do make more sense as opposed to trying to piece together discussions.

In fact, since I am on several boards, I have seen many of the same serial antagonists disappear from those other boards as well without ever having been on full moderation. They just self destructed and were completely ignored out of existence.

I hope others will chime in if they too feel that the time to lift the full moderation, or to at least give it another go to do without, has arrived.

Cheers,

Cubanut

Ricker
10-06-10, 23:37
Jackson,

I think many of us agree that a lot of the "bad weeds" have been eliminated over the time of this board being under full moderation.

Real time posts are far more interesting to follow and do make more sense as opposed to trying to piece together discussions.

In fact, since I am on several boards, I have seen many of the same serial antagonists disappear from those other boards as well without ever having been on full moderation. They just self destructed and were completely ignored out of existence.

I hope others will chime in ...

CubanutYep, it's time to graduate back to normal running.

Manizales911
10-07-10, 20:23
Jackson,

I know that it is a lot of work to fully moderate a forum so we appreciate the service and thank you for your consideration to possibly lift the ban.Has my vote. It can always be reversed if people stop playing nice.

Mr Gogo
10-08-10, 19:16
I agree that the ban should be lifted.

But, how long before it is reinstated? When you have one of the hottest forums about beautiful inexpensive women, there are going to be assholes and selfish mongerers.

Honestly speaking I think there are people who want Medellin for themselves. Even though there is good reliable imformation on the Medellin boards, there will also be sabatoge. Inflated crime statistics, argumentive posters, and constant bad weather posts are examples of this.

MiamiHeatLuver
10-09-10, 13:23
I agree that the ban should be lifted.

But, how long before it is reinstated? When you have one of the hottest forums about beautiful inexpensive women, there are going to be assholes and selfish mongerers.

Honestly speaking I think there are people who want Medellin for themselves. Even though there is good reliable imformation on the Medellin boards, there will also be sabatoge. Inflated crime statistics, argumentive posters, and constant bad weather posts are examples of this.In fact you just made the strongest case on why it SHOULDN'T be lifted. It would only be a matter of time before all of those arguments would be implemented again. God only knows how many countless of hundreds or thousands of posts Jackson has deleted. lol

Member #3435
01-08-11, 19:16
It's my opinion that in recent months the overall quality of the posts in the Colombia thread has declined. (Anyone care to comment on this first point?)

But that's not the main reason for this post. My main premise is that because of this deterioration, maybe the full moderation wasn't such a bad thing and is *perhaps* warranted.

I didn't like the full moderation either. Although to be honest the delay never bothered me much, I recognize that it was a legitimate complaint for some.

All I know is currently, the number of posts I find genuinely interesting and informative has gone way down.

Think about the number of new posters that have popped up in recent months posting pure rubbish.

And how many times can you tell new lazy posters to RTFF before you just give up?

Maybe the delay deterred them.

Just my impression and 2 cents.

Any comments?

All the best, Schwmm

LuckyEddie
01-08-11, 20:10
It's my opinion that in recent months the overall quality of the posts in the Colombia thread has declined. (Anyone care to comment on this first point?)

But that's not the main reason for this post. My main premise is that because of this deterioration, maybe the full moderation wasn't such a bad thing and is *perhaps* warranted.

I didn't like the full moderation either. Although to be honest the delay never bothered me much, I recognize that it was a legitimate complaint for some.

All I know is currently, the number of posts I find genuinely interesting and informative has gone way down.

Think about the number of new posters that have popped up in recent months posting pure rubbish.

And how many times can you tell new lazy posters to RTFF before you just give up?

Maybe the delay deterred them.

Just my impression and 2 cents.

Any comments?

All the best, SchwmmHear Hear! This post here by me and some other self touted LatAm literature guru who lambasted the forum proclaiming that he was surely above 99% of the posters. Claiming they would not know anything about the topic. Then he made embarrasing comparisons (can't even support with a google search) and outrageous claims that even a highschooler would never attempt.

It seems that forum is getting flooded with 1.) blowhards posessing the bluffer's guide spewing garbage under the radar since their turf is a sex forum and / or pubs filled with easily impressed rubes, and 2.) newbies too green to figure out how to click on a few links to get what they need.

I agree full moderation or at least forcing them to an area of How to conduct or FAQ.

Thank you