PDA

View Full Version : 2006 - Giotto's Lodge in Bangkok

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Giotto
03-30-06, 19:05
After one year of construction Livingstone’s Lodge opened its doors for guests in October 2005. As a Boutique Hotel we provide 18 stylish decorated rooms for travelers, who like to stay in a very unique place with a special ambience, which cannot be found in any other hotel in Bangkok.

Livingstone’s is a resort in the heart of Bangkok, with different venues on its site:

- Boutique Hotel
- Swimming Pool
- Steak House and International Specialties Restaurant
- Thai Restaurant
- Pub
- Sports Lounge / Hostess Bar
- Beer Garden
- Function Room for Banqueting and Conferencing

Livingstone’s Lodge is located in one of the main business centers of Bangkok:

Sukhumvit Soi 33.

Shopping malls like the Emporium are within walking distance as well as the skytrain: You just need to walk 5 min. to the Prompong station, and you can easily reach other parts of the city, avoiding the usual Bangkok traffic jam.

Our rooms are stylish decorated and well furnished, to ensure a pleasant relaxing stay. All rooms are air-conditioned and are provided with Satellite TV, wire and wireless internet, private safe and Mini Bar as standard equipment. Many rooms have Jacuzzis and balconies. But only if you see our exquisite room decoration and bathroom outfit you will understand our concept - stylish accommodation and modern entertainment in Bangkok.

We are aware that Sukhumvit Soi 33 is one of Bangkoks entertainment areas with all its hostess bars, and families will probably not be our primary target customers (though many open minded families have stayed here already). Livingstone's Lodge is the perfect place for business travelers and tourists visiting Bangkok for a few days or weeks, staying here for sight-seeing, working and relaxation.

For First-Time Bangkok travelers or inexperienced Thailand visitors we are prepared to give some guidance on where to go and where not to go, what to do and what to avoid. We organize tours and recommend restaurants, pubs, bars, discos and other places. As our motto is "Live And Let Live" we of course do not charge any joiner fees, but we expect that all guest behave appropriately. There are no limits to the individual freedom of our guests, as long as the individual freedom of other guests is not affected.

If you are interested in more information about Livingstone’s please check in the internet:

http://www.livingstones.co.th

The Management
Livingstone's Lodge Co., Ltd.

Meaty
03-31-06, 03:53
What are the room prices ?

Traveler1234
03-31-06, 04:05
What are the room prices ?

Meaty's right, went to your site and no price info? Interested in trying out, often stay nearby at Novotel Lotus.

Giotto
03-31-06, 04:54
meaty, traveler1234,

just a minute, step by step.

---------------------------

the first post was a kind of advertisement as a general information about livingstone’s lodge.

what has all this to do with the isg?

let me tell you the story. when i first entered into this hospitality business livingstone’s was just an investment object for me. i have no clue about running hotels, restaurants or bars. but i live in bangkok for years now, and i thought it might be a good idea to run a business here, too.

the idea was not so good. after major problems with my (ex) partner we finally separated, and suddenly i had to take over the management of this place. the rooms were not completed, the restaurant had quality problems and the bar was a sh..hole. with my unlimited knowledge of the business ( zero ) i decided to built a place where i as a business traveler would like to stay. the years before i usually traveled more than 100 days per year, and during those journeys i had stayed in many 4- and 5 star hotels all over asia and the us. during the years i learned to prefer smaller hotels, boutique hotels, in which a customer is not only a (room) number for a few days.

livingstone’s lodge is a place to work, to stay and to relax. we have business meetings here as well as swimming pool parties. during the meetings well-dressed serious looking members of the bangkok business society are sitting with notebooks or handhelds around the swimming pool, connected wireless to the internet and discussing their issues, having coffee and snacks. on the other side of the pool hotel guests are taking a sun bath.

hours later our customers are dining around the pool, watching a colorful naughty cabaret show and – jumping into the pool later, together with our ladies of the night. it is an easy going place, where everybody can do whatever he likes to do – no, not everything, i talk about the limits later.

livingstone’s lodge is located in sukhumvit soi 33, and everybody with bangkok experience knows about this road. this road is well-known as the “painters road”. since approx. 20 years there are high standard hostess bars in this road, mostly with names of famous painters such as renoir, dali, degas, van gogh etc. etc. . the business community of bangkok, basically the expat community but also thai business guys with international travel experience was/were coming here after work, having some drinks, chatting with business partners or the hostesses, before later having dinner somewhere and moving on.

during the last few years the road changed a bit, more hostess bars, restaurants and a lot of japanese karaoke bars came up, and soi 33 is a major entertainment venue of bangkok nowadays. before there was nearly no friday / saturday or late night business here, but now it is. and – the variety of venues is much bigger than before, there are english pubs, restaurants (italian, chinese, japanese, international, steak houses, thai), hostess bars, karaoke bars, massage places – and now livingstone’s, with a number of different venues under one roof.

being located in the center of such an entertainment district gives us some options to market the hotel, but it also takes some options: families, visiting thailand as tourists, cannot be the preferred target group of our marketing concept. i don’t want to listen to the complaints, after a family leaves the hotel at 7 pm in the night, going out for dinner, and the kids asking their parents what all the girls are waiting for in front of their bars… honestly, we better accept the reality that there are family hotels somewhere in bangkok, and livingstone’s lodge is not necessarily one of those (though we had already open minded families here, and they loved the place).

our target customers are business travelers, male thailand tourists, traveling alone or in groups, friends and relatives of expats living here in thailand; open minded people who like the special ambience of a kind of resort in the center of bangkok. they either work during the day or relax at the pool, do sight-seeing tours in bangkok and around, and they like to participate in the (partially naughty) night life of this city. and if they don’t want to participate – they are open minded enough to accept it.

coming back to the isg now – i met some of the forum readers and posters, and i know, that many of you guys are fitting in our picture of our customer target group.

posting in the isg i first planned to use giotto for some indirect promotion activities for livingstone’s, writing about the road but especially about this venue. i did this once or twice last year, but it is on one hand not really effective and on the other hand against the forum rules. i then contacted jackson, and we came to the agreement to create a thread and directly post information about livingstone’s there, the same way as other places in the world (argentina, columbia) are doing it. a clear and straight forward solution.

what can livingstone’s do for the isg readers? different options:

first we can offer special rates, if somebody refers in an reservation e-mail to the isg. but right now we are anyway operating with special rates, opening period, to get the business started. this will be an option later, when the hotel occupancy reaches higher levels.

second, for bangkok rookies or inexperienced thailand travelers we can provide all necessary information you need. we know the places where to go, and where not to go, the sight-seeing places as well as massage parlors and the places of the naughty night life.

third we could organize meetings and events for isg members, on a regular or scheduled basis, for those who live in bangkok and those who just stay here for some days. we could also be a meeting point for isg members, from where (more or less guided) tours in this part of bangkok can be started. but – please, if you meet here, and somebody needs to start this stupid ****-discussion again, please accept that i will leave immediately.

fourth – if somebody of you guys has ideas or requirements - just let me know.

finally back to the limits, the rules of the house:

1) livingstone’s lodge is not a *****house, a brothel or a short time hotel. we do not even offer short time rates for the rooms. our facilities, style and room decoration is on the level of 4 star hotels (but we don’t have a gym, not enough space - there is one around the corner).

2) we are strictly committed to not breaking any thai laws! that means:

- no showing, no nudity in the pool or any other public areas if livingstone's

- no orgies or any activities in the public areas which by normal etiquette of the civilized world should only be done behind closed doors of a (hotel) room

- no selling of alcohol on days when it is not allowed in thailand (buddhist holidays, elections etc., but there are mini bars in the rooms, and it is legal to take alcoholic drinks from there)

3) disrespect shown against the king of thailand or the royal family will not be tolerated

this are the rules, not more but not less. everybody who likes to stay here can be sure, that we will enforce all of them, without any exceptions.

on the other hand our philosophy, as already mentioned in the post before:

as our motto is "live and let live" we of course do not charge any joiner fees, but we expect that all guest behave appropriately. there are no limits to the individual freedom of our guests, as long as the individual freedom of other guests is not affected.

that’s it. if somebody needs to know more about livingstone’s lodge please pm me, or post questions directly in this thread.

thanks for your time reading all this, and many thanks to jackson, who allowed us to publish all this here on his site.

giotto

Meaty
03-31-06, 05:04
Loved the history Giotto, but i take it the rooms are free for ISG members as you don't quote any price again :D

Giotto
03-31-06, 05:12
The room rates for the room categories, valid until 31.07.2006 (introduction period):

Superior: THB 1,800.00 ++
Deluxe: THB 2,600.00 ++
Junior Suite: THB 3,200.00 ++
Executive Suite: THB 4,000.00 ++

Prices include breakfast and internet access (!).

Deluxe rooms, Junior Suites and of course the Executive Suite have usually jacuzzis and balconies, but due to the fact that the rooms were built into an existing villa the layout differs for each room.

Two rooms have double jacuzzis.

For Meaty a 50 % surcharge on the room rates, because he cannot wait for 5 minutes to getting this information.

The Management

Meaty
03-31-06, 05:39
For Meaty a 50 % surcharge on the room rates, because he cannot wait for 5 minutes to getting this information.
The Management
Thanks for the prices, I'll be sure to book under my real name then :D

Giotto
03-31-06, 05:40
Meaty,

the Novotel is around the corner...

Giotto

Meaty
03-31-06, 06:32
Meaty,
the Novotel is around the corner...
Giotto
Strictly speaking, its actually just along on the same road :D
Peace Giotto, i'll be popping in for a beer or 2 on the 8th, maybe see you there ?

Giotto
03-31-06, 06:40
Meaty,

yes, you will see me in Livingstone's - for sure.

Today we have a (small) Pre-Election party in the sports lounge, girls, dancing, good music - come over here for some beer.

For other private meetings or appointments - better PM, not all forum readers are so much interested in that stuff...

Giotto

Traveler1234
03-31-06, 20:25
Meaty, Traveler1234,

just a minute, step by step.

---------------------------

The first post was a kind of advertisement as a general information about Livingstone’s Lodge.
Thanks for your time reading all this, and many thanks to Jackson, who allowed us to publish all this here on his site.

Giotto

Tested out the website and the contact me form didn't work, at least not for me. Gave me error message and said send email instead. Merely an fyi as sure you're still troubleshooting everything.

Suggest you post both rack and promo rates...I'm sure that'll get you more biz...IMHO.

Only one really important question: is the barfine for those fine babes at your beer garden going to be Soi 33 prices or more in line with Cowboy Soi and/or Nana....LOL

Seriously speaking, will be visiting late May/early June and will definitely try your place out.

Piper1
03-31-06, 21:04
Giotto - I think I may stay and check out your place (late May). I like your story, and I'm always willing to support a new venture (plus I like how you gave Meaty his surcharges. ;)). I like a good laugh.

Giotto
03-31-06, 21:33
Traveller1234,

We checked the website, it is up and running. We will add a reservation page for the lodge soon...it is really possible that there are still bugs on the contact page...sorry!!!

The bar fines of Livingstone's are those of Soi 33, or even higher. If you need a hotel close to Cowboy / Nana please contact your travel agency.

Piper1,

thank you for your nice comments; after some discussions within the management we decided to give you the benefit of Meaty's surcharge, too.

The Management

Traveler1234
04-01-06, 00:58
Traveller1234,
We checked the website, it is up and running. We will add a reservation page for the lodge soon...it is really possible that there are still bugs on the contact page...sorry!!!

The bar fines of Livingstone's are those of Soi 33, or even higher. If you need a hotel close to Cowboy / Nana please contact your travel agency.

The Management

I was using firefox for the contact page, if that is of any help when troubleshooting.

Meaty, my next trip - this is where you'll pick me up before we drive over to Chav III . I'm getting the presidential suite and afterwards, we can bring some take-out over to my place.

ROFLMAO...see you in a couple of months!

Piper1
04-01-06, 11:34
Piper1,

thank you for your nice comments; after some discussions within the management we decided to give you the benefit of Meaty's surcharge, too.

The Management
Damn! Well book me in, as long as I get 50% more fun than Meaty. Exec suite, double jacuzzi please.

How big is the swimming pool?

Giotto
04-01-06, 11:38
Piper1,

I will think about the surcharge strategy...lol.

More fun than Meaty? Much better: You get Meaty! Then all that makes sense, executive suite with double Jacuzzi...

Swimming Pool: Big, 15m x 8m (approx.) . Well, I will check that out.

Giotto

Giotto
04-02-06, 08:55
We had a lot of response to this thread up to now, for that some general contact infos:

If you have questions or need more detailed information please contact us via

info@livingstones.co.th

Room reservations can be done via this E-Mail address either. During office hours we will respond within minutes / hours, but fore sure you will receive an answer to mails within 24 hours.

You can refer to the ISG, all personal information will be handled discreetly. Don’t worry about that, this is a “conditio sine qua non” in this business.

Then there were some user mixed up with the user names Giotto and Globotto. This are two different users!

The origins of those user names:

Giotto was an Italian painter (1267–1337). He was a pupil of Cimabue. Very famous are his frescoes in The Church of San Francesco at Assisi and in Padua’s Arena Chapel. On the other hand we could not find anything about Globotto in the internet which could give us any indication about the origin of that name.

Nowadays ISG-Giotto runs a hotel-, restaurant-, bar business in Bangkok, Sukhumvit Soi 33. called “Livingstone’s Lodge”. ISG-Globotto offers services as “Regional Lifestyle Manager”, which is as we understand it a kind of tourist guide for men in Bangkok (The Thai’s would add: Same same but different).

Obviously those businesses have not so much in common.

The Management
Livingstone’s Lodge Co., Ltd.

Meaty
04-03-06, 11:51
Piper1,
I will think about the surcharge strategy...lol.
More fun than Meaty? Much better: You get Meaty! Then all that makes sense, executive suite with double Jacuzzi...
Swimming Pool: Big, 15m x 8m (approx.) . Well, I will check that out.
Giotto
I leave Bangkok for a short family weekend break and return to find i've been given to Piper 1 where he will use and abuse me in his exec suite with double jacuzzi !!

Trav1234, a meet at this place sounds cool, the meet is on ! Takers for the 8th April get together are so far at 2 (including me and my mate!) so probably amend the schedule to include a BBQ lunch and few cold ones by the pool at this place, after Eden.

Giotto
04-03-06, 14:54
Meaty,

drop by, very much appreciated, the first round of milk shakes is on me (before I show you Piper1's future double Jacuzzi).

Giotto

Traveler1234
04-03-06, 18:42
I leave Bangkok for a short family weekend break and return to find i've been given to Piper 1 where he will use and abuse me in his exec suite with double jacuzzi !!

Trav1234, a meet at this place sounds cool, the meet is on ! Takers for the 8th April get together are so far at 2 (including me and my mate!) so probably amend the schedule to include a BBQ lunch and few cold ones by the pool at this place, after Eden.

Piper1 - tell us how the rooms are after your stay. No doubt you'll also check out his beer garden.

I plan to book Giotto's lodge next visit, sometime end of May....give us lowdown on all the rooms.

Meaty: see D's post on MP thread...he got offered 2 shots at Akane 33. I suggest we start there and then on to Chav III. And my offer still stands for gas money....LOL

Piper1
04-03-06, 18:50
I leave Bangkok for a short family weekend break and return to find i've been given to Piper 1 where he will use and abuse me in his exec suite with double jacuzzi !!Meaty - lucky guy - some people pay me good money for that. ;)

Trav1234 - Meaty and pals will be there a few weeks before me, so I'm sure he can give you the lowdown sooner than I can. If Giotto still has his licence after then, I'm happy to elaborate.

cheers

Piper

Traveler1234
04-03-06, 18:56
Meaty - lucky guy - some people pay me good money for that. ;)

Trav1234 - Meaty and pals will be there a few weeks before me, so I'm sure he can give you the lowdown sooner than I can. If Giotto still has his licence after then, I'm happy to elaborate.

cheers

Piper

The Traveler actually told me about this place back in Feb and said Giotto owned it (at that time not public knowledge). As far as I know, Livingstone's been around for a few years, although I never ventured in. Funny, I stayed at Novotel Lotus, visited the bars on Soi 33 for years, but never L's or the two famous MP on the same block.

Base on recent posts, if they're up to standard, guess I won't be venturing out and sticking to Soi 33 during the short time I'll have free....I'm lazy and not as young as I used to be.

Giotto: what' the standard cancellation policy? If I book, won't stiff you but I'm always on business and sometimes make last minute changes :)

JuiceSpike
04-03-06, 22:42
Giotto,

Congrats on the lodge. But, what's up with the decor? Interesting jungle approach but it might make a person a bit dizzy...:)

Also, can one bring (2) girls? No joiner fee? And why are your girls bar fine so expensive? And, how much for short time? Can I get 2 for one as a new customer promotion? :D

Best wishes with the new venture...

juices

Giotto
04-04-06, 07:34
JuiceSpike,

Thanks.

Décor: It's an African concept, my ex partner is from South Africa. Though I do not really understand why people (especially tourists) should come to Bangkok and then visit an African place - it is like that now, and I go ahead with that concept. It is somehow special, isn’t it?

As mentioned before we are not going to interfere in the personal freedom of our guests ...this should answer your question about joiner fees and the numbers of service providers you can store in one room...

Expensive bar fines? This is Soi 33, and not Nana or Cowboy. That's all I can say, and all I want to say regarding this issue.

Yes, I like the idea 2 for one, we will charge you twice for each night you stay here.

Traveller1234,

Actually Livingstone’s opened the restaurant / bar area on the ground floor level on 01.01.2005, so we are there 1 year and 3 months. The rooms opened on 01.10.2005. Before 2004 this place was the residence of a Thai family.

I never thought about a cancellation fee up to now, I think normally hotels take the room charge for one night if you cancel within 24 h before arrival... Hmm. Just mention possible uncertainties in your reservation E-Mail, and we will find a solution then. I am traveling a lot on business too, and I understand the problem.

Piper1,

Lol. Don’t worry, we will not loose our license because Meaty and you have fun in the Double Jacuzzi. There will be 15 greedy cops in the bathroom making sure that no Thai law is broken.

Giotto

Coma Boy
04-04-06, 10:55
Guys, I've visited Livingstones a couple of times. It's a nice place with some cute staff (not to mention the handsome owner).

Haven't seen the rooms but the pool looks nice, the bar is nice and the buffet zone that you pass en-route to the bar looks yummy (I stole a mouthful on my last visit). The location is perfect, as it's not deep in the soi.

It's not in keeping with the style of other Soi-33 joints, as it's more like having a drink in a restaurant/upmarket-guesthouse than visiting hostess bars, but there are enough girls to keep most guys happy.

I like the higher prices in 33, it keeps away a lot of the sex-tourist-scum, but unfortunately attracts a lot of sexpat-scum instead. Don't complain about the bar-fines, it is good that they're high. 1500 Baht is a small price to pay to free a vixen from her cage.

If I didn't have a condo here I'd definitely rent rooms at Livingstones.

JuiceSpike
04-04-06, 14:53
Giotto,

It is charming to have an African jungle on soi 33. I like that soi as it is for mostly sexpat crowd... On the other hand, the times I have been on soi 33 bars the girls are more refined as compared to Nana but in my opinion not all worth the bar fine. The soi's best thing is the how calm it is and you see very few sex tourists drolling around or drunk out of their minds.... Maybe coma will take me to the Livingstons for a drink on my next visit to bang city.

Thanks for the 2 for 1 offer. I mean it: best of luck with the biz and don't take my smart ass comments too seriously.

juices

Traveler1234
04-04-06, 15:20
JuiceSpike,

Thanks.

Décor: It's an African concept, my ex partner is from South Africa. Though I do not really understand why people (especially tourists) should come to Bangkok and then visit an African place - it is like that now, and I go ahead with that concept. It is somehow special, isn’t it?

As mentioned before we are not going to interfere in the personal freedom of our guests ...this should answer your question about joiner fees and the numbers of service providers you can store in one room...

Expensive bar fines? This is Soi 33, and not Nana or Cowboy. That's all I can say, and all I want to say regarding this issue.

Yes, I like the idea 2 for one, we will charge you twice for each night you stay here.

Traveller1234,

Actually Livingstone’s opened the restaurant / bar area on the ground floor level on 01.01.2005, so we are there 1 year and 3 months. The rooms opened on 01.10.2005. Before 2004 this place was the residence of a Thai family.

I never thought about a cancellation fee up to now, I think normally hotels take the room charge for one night if you cancel within 24 h before arrival... Hmm. Just mention possible uncertainties in your reservation E-Mail, and we will find a solution then. I am traveling a lot on business too, and I understand the problem.

Piper1,

Lol. Don’t worry, we will not loose our license because Meaty and you have fun in the Double Jacuzzi. There will be 15 greedy cops in the bathroom making sure that no Thai law is broken.

Giotto

Giotto:

I think you need a back-room free lance consultant....my fees are low, diet cokes and 50% discount on the bar fines (i'll treat them nicely)!

Seriously speaking you should decide on a cancellation fee, especially since you don't have many rooms and don't want last minute walkers. I think most places use a 24 hour notice; in your case 48 hours wouldn't be unreasonable given the smaller number of units.

You'll be getting email from me in a week or two for a booking...under my real name.

:)

PS Re Soi 33 and the other posts, if you want some relatively peace and calm but still some hot lookers, this soi will do. Yes, it is higher price and there will always be a debate whether it's 'worth' the premium. But the girls aren't pushy, at least in the bars I've tried. To each his own.

Giotto
04-04-06, 15:23
JuiceSpike,

to be honest - I don't know anything about the "special qualities" of our girls, and I really don't want to get involved in that part of the business. May be somebody volunteers to run a TQM department here?

It is always a deal between the customer and the service provider. Sometime it works out great, and sometimes it is going down the hill.

Regarding the 2 for 1 offer: I have another idea, instead of taking ONE girl you can join Piper1 and Meaty (TWO) in the double Jacuzzi. That's a deal, isn't it?

Coma Boy,

do you know me? Damned, I realize that I am really in a bad position now, everybody can come here, find out who the owner is and knows Giotto...

Handsome. Handsome! Ha, now I know, you are that guy with the white stick.

Giotto

JuiceSpike
04-04-06, 20:06
Handsome,

I would be glad to train/manage and hire the girls for you.

Regarding the 2 for 1 promotion I will have to pass... Maybe there are others in here that might be interested in your 2 for 1 idea. Maybe.

juice

Giotto
04-05-06, 07:29
JuiceSpike,

can you please explain in details what you mean with "training" ? I need to know the subjects and schedules before I can offer you a job.

Traveler1234,

may be you can support JuiceSpike on that, your rates are acceptable (as you know we always exchange the word DISCOUNT against SURCHARGE). Of course consultancy is needed in this business (because I anyway have no clue about it). Both of you could split the job: JuiceSpike is more active on PRACTICAL training issues, whilst you give the SCIENTIFIC lessons. What do you think?

Giotto

Traveler1234
04-05-06, 09:43
JuiceSpike,

can you please explain in details what you mean with "training" ? I need to know the subjects and schedules before I can offer you a job.

Traveler1234,

may be you can support JuiceSpike on that, your rates are acceptable (as you know we always exchange the word DISCOUNT against SURCHARGE). Of course consultancy is needed in this business (because I anyway have no clue about it). Both of you could split the job: JuiceSpike is more active on PRACTICAL training issues, whilst you give the SCIENTIFIC lessons. What do you think?

Giotto

As I mentioned earlier, I'm available for backroom freelance consultancy so if JS doesn't mind, we can share equally. He'll enter in the front and I'll come through the 'back' :)

Coma Boy
04-05-06, 10:55
Believe me, Livingstones girls have more than enough experience. None need any training.

I haven't sampled any, but have drunk with and chatted to enough staff there to know they are as naughty as any other Soi 33 lass.

Giotto
04-05-06, 12:12
Coma Boy,

is that good or bad? It is most likely not good for JuiceSpike, it costs him his future job.

Traveler1234,

I don't understand ... we only have a front entrance, there is no backdoor here in Livingstone's (lol).

Giotto

Traveler1234
04-05-06, 14:25
Coma Boy,

is that good or bad? It is most likely not good for JuiceSpike, it costs him his future job.

Traveler1234,

I don't understand ... we only have a front entrance, there is no backdoor here in Livingstone's (lol).

Giotto

And I thought we'd find an alternative to Eden Club here....ROFLMAO

I vote for Coma Boy to lead the way!

Giotto
04-05-06, 14:32
Traveler1234,

what is the Eden Club? I don't know Marc.

Giotto

JuiceSpike
04-05-06, 14:40
Giotto,

No need to offer me a job, I will do it for free... almost. I cannot tell you in details my 'traning" methods but I can tell you that you will see an increase of return customers willing to pay whatever you want the bar fine to be.

I don't ask for fees just for the following: All girls must have a small tattoo on their ass that says:

" ©juice :D ™ "

And, I get to play with 2 girls at a time once a week (for free) to make sure they got my "training" right.

Deal?

juices

Giotto
04-05-06, 15:13
JuiceSpike,

we might have a smaller problems regarding the tattoos... All girls working in Livingstones get one of Giottos (the painter) frescoes from the San Francesco Cycle (Upper Church) tattooed on their ass, before they start working for us. As you know for sure – these frescoes are giant, there is simply no space left for your trademark.

Another issue is, that we are professionals here: no documentation of your training methods, no detailed schedules, no videos from the jobs you did before – NO DEAL.

I am anyway suspicious now – I learned that nothing is for free in life, and what is good is normally EXPENSIVE!

Giotto

JuiceSpike
04-05-06, 19:51
Giotto,

I see no problem having my TM tattoo on the girls' forehead since you have their asses already full with some kind of frescoes... To me placement is not an issue.

Regarding my methods as you can imagine they are TM and so having these docummented for you would obviously not work. However, I will guarentee results and will provide a detailed schedule of when and where requirements to "train" the girls. All very professional.

As far a a video thing I did not understand what you meant. But, if you want to have a video release of part of the "training" sessions then we can have a side agreement on the terms and conditions for this. Starting point for me woud be I get 100% profit of all gross and net. You will have to be creative to come up with a proposal where you could make maybe 1 cent. Maybe.

Deal?

juices

LittleBigMan
04-06-06, 02:45
Giotto,

Is there still a all you can eat Ribs! on Mondays?

LBM

PosterLion
04-06-06, 02:51
Guys, I've visited Livingstones a couple of times.

I purchased two Filet Dinners for take away on my one and only visit and they were screamin-freaky-delicious. The best steak deal I've had yet in BKK. This was a long time ago, so long in fact I bet Giotto barely remembers. :)

I like the higher prices in 33, it keeps away a lot of the sex-tourist-scum, but unfortunately attracts a lot of sexpat-scum instead. Don't complain about the bar-fines, it is good that they're high. 1500 Baht is a small price to pay to free a vixen from her cage.

I wish and wash quite a bit on this issue. On the one hand, paying a higher than average bar fine does get a girls attention, meaning she knows she's not going home with a crook (read sex-tourist-scum) that doesn't plan on paying after the fact. That's a good thing.

On the other hand, there are many times I just don't like the idea of paying a bar fine because, as spoken by the proprietor himself, "It is always a deal between the customer and the service provider. Sometime it works out great, and sometimes it is going down the hill." Not always a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, I never worry much about a barfine, but you have to admit that the going-down-the-hill encounter is much nicer when one can say, "at least I didn't pay a bar fine." That's a good thing.

But then again, high prices provide excellent riff-raff repellent and Thailand has riff-raff aplenty. In fact, even I will admit to repairing in establishments devoid of specious riffitous raffious, but not to worry.

I excercise extreme caution when I find myself in a hostile environment such as previously mentioned and above all, I excercise EXTREME MODERATION when considering how often to attend and how long I might stay. What can I say?

Blame it all on my roots
I grew up in boots
Never knew of the black tie affair
I was the last one to know
a life away from baannaawk ( บ้านนอก )
I was the last one to want to go there
I was more than surprised
to see with my eyes
all that concrete and steel and champagne
I toasted the new
my old life was through
but you'll never hear me complain

cause I got friends in low places
where the whiskey drowns
and the beer chases
my blues away
and I'll be OK
yeah I'm not big on social graces
think I'll slip on down to the oasis
so I've got friends
in low places

well I guess I was wrong
I just don't belong
but then
I've been there before
everything's alright
I'll adjust to this life
and I'll sow myself a new w-h-o-r-e
hey i didn't mean
to turn out unclean
just give me an hour
and then
well i'll be as high
as that ivory tower
all them HiSo's are in

cause I got friends in low places
where the whiskey drowns
and the beer chases
my blues away
and I'll be OK
yeah I'm not big on social graces
think I'll slip on down to the oasis
so I've got friends
in low places

ahem
till
next

Giotto
04-07-06, 03:48
PosterLion,

Glad to see that you are still alive. Obviously you were lucky with the steaks, normally we try to make them as hard as soles…

LittleBigMan,

We will start with the Rib Feast on Mondays again, next Monday.

JuiceSpike,

Tattoos on the forehead – you really think we want to destroy the prettyl look of our objects of desire with your trademark? Disgusting idea!

Videos – let me explain: I thought more about videos proving your training qualification, videos of the past…btw: your ideas about profit sharing look very interesting for us, no issues with that.

Giotto

Giotto
04-07-06, 07:03
Livingstone’s Songkran Party
=====================

On Saturday, 08.04.2006, 7.00 pm we will celebrate a Songkran Party in Livingstone’s Lodge, Sukhmvit Soi 33, around the swimming pool.

On the agenda:

- Traditional Thai Dancing
- "Miss Songkran" Beauty Pageant
- Games in and around the Swimming Pool
- Disco / Dancing in the Sports Lounge
- All-You-Can-Eat BBQ Buffet

Well, it is a bit early for that, the Songkran Festival in Thailand is coming up on 13-15 April 2006. But as we all know – NOBODY will be in Bangkok during that time, the local Thais are upcountry and the expats plus wifes/girlfriends/mia nois move to the costal resorts…

We don’t want to turn Livingstone’s into a (water) battlefield. We want to celebrate that event the traditional Thai way, a little water is OK, but please – no plastic guns or any other portable high-tech irrigation plants.

We hope that we will have some fun, and all of us will end up in the pool around midnight.

The Management

Duniawala
04-07-06, 14:27
What, no orgies around the pool?

Giotto
04-07-06, 15:04
Duniawala,

orgies? What is that?

Giotto

PS: You can find orchids IN the pool. Without any trademark from JuiceSpike!

JuiceSpike
04-07-06, 17:46
Giotto,

Here is an idea to boost your biz with lots of entertainment value:

Host a Convention for Thai board members. Here is a potential list of content for the convention:

1. A 3 day event featuring speakers from the Thai board.
2. Lots of alcohol (raise the price for the event) for the drinkers.
3. Lots of pussy (raise the price for the event) for all to sample.
4. Food for the eaters.
5. Music for the listeners.
6. Contests: best bullshiter, best bragger, best etc.
7. Slides and videos shows by the pool.

Potential list of speakers:

1. Domino: The world is ending and we have to get ready (Domino style).
2. The Traveler: How to complain and not get noticed (too much).
3. Joe Zop (if we can find him): Everything is "OK" when you make it "OK."
4. Freeler: How to budget in Thailand on the cheap.
5. OTH: There is more to pussy but pussy is the best in Thailand.
6. Coma: How to not give a damn and be happy about it. (BYO weed).
7. Poster: How to write good poetry while fucking a Thai girl.
8. Meaty: TBA.
9. 1ball: How to write very short reports (the one sentence principle).
10. TBA
11. Juicespike: How to improve your short time skills and be happy ™.

I organize you host. We can discuss my fees later. Interested?

Juices

P.S. With that list of speakers I will have to provide security: fully equipped riot police on standby. Also, a couple of snippers just in case.

Giotto
04-07-06, 18:00
JuiceSpike,

definitely! GO AHEAD.

Giotto

PosterLion
04-09-06, 06:01
PosterLion,

Glad to see that you are still alive.

Glad to be alive!

Thanks for the positive mention in the shit hole hall of fame. :)

I'm gonna try to attend your New Year Party. It sounds like a less wet way to spend the holiday than the normal venues.

poster

Giotto
04-09-06, 07:41
Songkran Party
===========

PosterLion,

It was not that wet. But we had a lot of problems.

First our Thai Dancing Group did not show up. We organized our Cabaret Team within an hour. Instead of Thai dancing we had Thai (dirty) dancing – performed by men.,, and that on a Singkran party. I have filed an investigation against our organization committee to find our who was responsible for this decision…Songkran and Transvestites, I cannot believe it.

Half of our staff was on Songkran leave already. We had organized some part time staff, but most of them also did not show up. So we had service problem yesterday – everything lasted long…wrong bills to the tables... Well, we still have a long way to go.

But it was somehow ok, it was fun, people were enjoying themselves, not too many complaints, we somehow got through it. Water playing was reasonable. And the bar closed very late, again…

The day before was interesting: It was a quiet Friday, but we had 3 late customers in the bar. One of them, a hotel guest, started to invite ALL of our ladies of the night for drinks. After the second round I walked over there, and asked him whether he was aware of the prices for lady drinks…he answered that he was OK, no problem.

He was a bit older already, late 50th early 60th. When we played some disco music he started to dance. Then suddenly Hip-Hop was requested…and everybody danced. Hip-Hop! I launched some slow oldies in between, to give him a break and prevent him from getting a heart attack…

It was very late when he asked for the check bin. He signed it, no complaints, and we walked him upstairs to his room.

Next day at noon I met him in front of Livingstone’s, waiting for a taxi. He told me he had no clue how he had found his bed the night before. And that he had had a very good time that night.

Giotto

P.S.:

I apologize for mentioning your name in that Hall of Shame thread, even if it was positive.

BTW: With writing this you PROVED that you read that thread! You YOU you! And – it is NOT about shit. You did not understand anything! It is about laughing – and health. My god, I would not expect that statement from somebody who “claims to be smart”! (oh, remind me, I must check your old posts, whether you ever claimed that - but anyway, who really cares…).

I need a psychiatrist: How come that I get angry if somebody connects his own small self-made private problems to the genocide performed by Adolf Hitler's Germany? How come that I get angry if somebody posts a picture from HRM The K*, of T*,*,*,d and names it after a dictator who is responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of people? These are minor issues…I should laugh about it!

Sorry! I am too serious. I cannot laugh about it. It makes me angry.

PosterLion
04-09-06, 19:12
I need a psychiatrist: How come that I get angry if somebody connects his own small self-made private problems to the genocide performed by Adolf Hitler's Germany? How come that I get angry if somebody posts a picture from HRM The K*, of T*,*,*,d and names it after a dictator who is responsible for the death of hundreds of thousands of people? These are minor issues…I should laugh about it!

Sorry! I am too serious. I cannot laugh about it. It makes me angry.

Well first off, I appreciate you sparing me after my last post about attending your party. I doubt many others would be so charitable. For some reason I thought it was next week.

I guess this proves I read your thread as well and it also proves I'm not always a good reader. :(

Secondly, you don't need a shrink. You have a conscience and that's a good thing. I began to write a long response to the Shit Hole Hall of Fame so as to give you some support, but I accidentally deleted the whole damn thing after working on it for more than 30 minutes.

Anyway, as it turns out, you didn't need my help after all. You figured out the best thing to do own your own and if I had sent the mail I was going to send, we'd still be casting pearls in front of swine. Which by the way, is never a good idea. ;)

later
P.S. Stop it man! Apologize for what? Anyhow, since your apologetic I'll voice my apology for accidentally sounding as if I am too good to visit your HiSo ass hotel. :)

That "friends in low places" thing was never meant to reflect on your establishment's prices or polices. It was just my own personal brain-fart.

JuiceSpike
04-10-06, 01:13
Giotto,

Sorry to hear (but not surprised) your staff did not show up for the party. You might want to tweak your employee management strategy...

Anyway, what exactly is the purpose of this thread if you are not giving out promotions to ISG members? Are you looking into creating some kind of a following from members?

Think about this:

1. What is it that makes your hotel/bar different from the rest? (is not the decor).
2. What makes the bar different from all the rest on soi 33?
3. What does your hotel offer that is different from the other girl friendly hotels?
4. What is that an ISG member can get that's unique aside from a price break which you do not offer yet?
5. Have you looked at the "Eden" biz model that seems to be so "great" with newbies?

If the purpose of this thread is to advertise/promote your business that's great but offer something to chew on... besides the menu I will someday try.

juices

Giotto
04-10-06, 04:10
JuiceSpike,

Let’s go into details (damned, this is the very early morning...).

Staff:

Staff is normally ok, we get positive feedbacks, but everything in Thailand changes during Songkran. You know that. This year the strange behavior obviously starts a bit earlier than normal.

Promotions:

Yes, I could give promotions to ISG members, as I mentioned in the early posts of this thread. And I will keep that option open for the future, when the hotel has a reasonable occupation and higher rates. In the moment we are anyway operating with promotional room rates.

It is generally not the target of our marketing strategy to sell this place via low prices. That would be easy, but then the wrong type of customers will come in, and IMHO that would already be the beginning of the end.

Your questions:

1. What is it that makes your hotel/bar different from the rest? (is not the decor).

### It’s the décor.

2. What makes the bar different from all the rest on soi 33?

### It’s the décor.

3. What does your hotel offer that is different from the other girl friendly hotels?

### A nice décor.

4. What is that an ISG member can get that's unique aside from a price break which you do not offer yet?

### Staying at a place with a nice décor.

5. Have you looked at the "Eden" biz model that seems to be so "great" with newbies?

### Please, don’t compare us with the Eden Club, they really have a lousy décor.

Seriously:

First of all: If you come here you will see that Livingstone’s Lodge is different from all other places in Bangkok. It is a kind of resort in the center of the city, a small quiet oasis, but directly in the heart of Bangkok. You come once, you will come back, even if it is only for a beer around the pool.

Secondly, it is a All-In-One place. You have the rooms, the restaurants, the bar, the pub, the girls, the swimming pool … a great variety of options in one place. Don’t even try to compare that with huge 4/5 star hotels – the ambience here is completely different.

Thirdly, the personal relationships. Our guests will know the management, can come to us with the questions and problems, and we will do whatever we can do. During the days we are in the office, and in the nights they will find us around the pool or in the bar, and there is always time to chat. It is more a family like atmosphere we want to create here.

Fourthly, it is me. You will not find me in anu other 4/5 star hotels but HERE IN LIVINGSTONE’S. I can kick your ass, but I can also (sometimes, if not too busy answering questions on this board) give some advice, what to do, where to go, what to avoid, where to be careful, what could be interesting, how to manage this and that. After living here for years I know a bit about Bangkok/Thailand.

Finally: Eden Club Concept

The Eden Club has a totally different concept. Their basic business model is selling special services ( two females for one male) to interested customers, highly professionalized. A visit in Eden does normally not last longer than 2 hours. Our business concept is to sell accommodation, food and drinks. Any add-ons are up to our customers, they shall do whatever they like to do, within some limits.

Livingstone’s Lodge will NEVER be a place with a basic concept of selling xxx. And I don’t think that customers would like to stay longer than 2 hours if we were running such a concept. But we are people here who like to work hard during the day but also enjoy life in the nighttime, and we can tolerate and support others to live in the same way we want to live. I believe, that huge numbers of readers of this forum fit into this picture of our customer. For the others there are so many places here in Bangkok where they can stay…

Let me clearly point out the difference again:

Livingstone’s Lodge with it’s special ambience is THE PLACE TO STAY here in Bangkok. We can SEND our customers to Eden, if they want to try their services, we can tell them what Eden is, we can call Marc (in the future his successor) and arrange details, and we can even get the Eden girls to the rooms. But we are NOT a *****house or a brothel which offers this services as a part of it's own service spectrum.

BTW: There was a guest here who seriously discussed with me building a dungeon in our basement…

I hope that besides our steaks you now have something to chew on. If not don’t hesitate to …bla bla bla.

(BTW: You are a real son of a *****!).

The Traveller,

Whatever you are talking about, bullies, IPods or applause - you are right. For sure.

(Ridiculous).

Posterlion,

You think I was sparing you after your previous post? No, of course not, there are some more BLACK points in your file now…

Honestly – I don’t really know what to answer, if somebody writes a positive and supporting post like that. You touched my heart, tears were shooting into my eyes, I cried all night…Much easier to oppose something. Can you please avoid posts like this in the future, better kick my ass like others do?

I like this “pearls in front of swine” phrase, I hope that one day my English will be good enough to write things like this in my letters and posts. It hit’s the bull’s eye!

The apology was honest and necessary. I shouldn’t have mentioned anybody’s name within that disgusting thread. If I participate there it is my decision, but to get others involved is a different thing.

And now – let’s come to the point. “HiSo ass hotel”. HISO ASS HOTEL!!! My lawyers will contact you within the next few minutes.

(Do not take the risk to come here - we will offer a special menu afterwards: Balls Gratin).

Giotto

Giotto
04-10-06, 09:51
The Traveller,

I have to complain that you forgot my "(ridiculous)" in your quote. That is important!

Giotto

Giotto
04-10-06, 12:20
Giotto,

sorry, here it is, hope it makes you happy.

Quiet interesting that you obviously aren't able to follow your own advice.
So many posts, so much bullshit and so much anger just because I dared to comment obout one of your posts.

I guess it would be even more interesting to see your reaction if I would constantly accuse you of having hidden cams installed, that you and/or your staff steal items even from the safes (using those masterkeys or mastercodes to unlock in emergencies), that you are a cheap charlie and spray highly toxic pestizides in your rooms in Livingstone instead of hiring a professional pest control and that the kitchen in your restaurant is a dirty shithole, not to mention that the chiefs never wash their hands after being in the restroom (remember, Thais don't use toilet paper !). Interesting thought, isn't it ?

Of course I won't do that, since I am not looking for trouble and don't know if it's true or not. But not all care about such things and only follow their agenda. We have seen how much anger you felt and how you reacted about a very tiny issue. Therefore I think it's ibvious how you would react if I would endlessly accuse you in such a way.

Again, better stick to your own advice or move it where it belongs. We already have several shitholes in the forum, no need to create another one. Be smart !

The Traveller,

thanks for posting the complete text including the "(Ridiculous)".

And thanks for showing your real face to everybody in this forum. You missed the small difference: You are incognito, but everybody knows Livingstone's Lodge.

No limits, TT?

Giotto

P.S.: How do you know about our hidden cameras and the life transmission into the internet?

JuiceSpike
04-10-06, 14:33
Giotto,

Thanks for the PM thanking me.

I don't think your prices are high at all and was not implying you should lower them. Again, if you are going to promote your oasis here and use an entire thread to do so why not give the ISG members a promotion of some kind? It does not have to be a lower room rate.

I was not comparing your place to the Eden as that place is a shit hole. Most if not all soi 33 bars have the same concept. Paying more does not mean more value but yeah it can give a customer a sense of getting better value as opposed to actually getting more value. Yes, the atmosphere is better than Nana but seeing drunks and loud foreigners is entertaining. Not to mentions a cat fight between 2 bar girls.

A large part of Bangkok is a big *****house. Soi 33 included. Members of this site might be more interested in what you have to offer in that context too. If you have girls for rent or whatever that in my mind makes it directly or indirectly a brothel which there is nothing wrong with it.

I will visit your spot in a few weeks and review your ass kicking place and post here for the benefit of all.

juices

Traveler1234
04-10-06, 15:18
Songkran is upon us....let's have some 'peace' among the brothers and wait for Meaty or someone to post a FR on Livingstone's.

I gotta believe someone will be staying at Giotto's (or else he'll go bankrupt quickly) and can report back in an impartial manner.

IMHO

Duniawala
04-10-06, 15:24
How about 250B barfine for your girls instead of 1200 for ISG members. However, this promo will be valid as long as one stays in your hotel. :D

Traveler1234
04-10-06, 15:31
How about 250B barfine for your girls instead of 1200 for ISG members. However, this promo will be valid as long as one stays in your hotel. :D

Leave to Duniawala to come up with a civilized promotion. My amendment:

B$250 for senior members, B$600 for regulars - gives incentive to move up on the ladder :D :D (yes, as paying hotel guest only)

LOL

1Ball
04-10-06, 15:51
Leave to Duniawala to come up with a civilized promotion. My amendment:

B$250 for senior members, B$600 for regulars - gives incentive to move up on the ladder :D :D (yes, as paying hotel guest only)

LOL
T1234. How to know if the person asking for the deal is who he says he is?
Newbie walks into the lodge" "Hi, I am T1234, Juice, Joe Zop, or God of all horrors, Domino, and voila he gets a whopping 10$ off his barfine.

How about and ISG member, or not, walks into the lodge, pays the going rate, and has a good time. If he cannot afford it, maybe he should stay on Kao san road, and find himslef a "Freeler special".

Traveler1234
04-10-06, 16:05
1Ball:

T1234. How to know if the person asking for the deal is who he says he is?
Newbie walks into the lodge" "Hi, I am T1234, Juice, Joe Zop, or God of all horrors, Domino, and voila he gets a whopping 10$ off his barfine.
As for logistics, if I register as hotel guest, Giotto knows I'm a hotel guest. If I can access ISG and send him pm revealing T1234's real name is aka XXXXX, he'll be able to match the two.

Once this is done, he'll know T1234 under real name and associate a face with it.

How about and ISG member, or not, walks into the lodge, pays the going rate, and has a good time. If he cannot afford it, maybe he should stay on Kao san road, and find himslef a "Freeler special".

It's a 'promotion' - which by definition can be withdrawn at any time.

I was merely following up on a suggestion made by Dunaiwala, as other's were asking if something special could be extended for ISG members. I'm sure Giotto will evaluate it and if it's overboard, we'll know soon enough!

Just POV.

PS - since I'm already a regular to Novotel Lotus and Soi 33, I plan on trying Livingstone next visit - both hotel as guest and have a drink in their beer garden, regardless of whether promotion extended or not.

1Ball
04-10-06, 16:29
good point, T1234, I had not really thought about the whole process.

(trying to keep my reports short, Juicy likes them 1 line or less :D )

Giotto
04-10-06, 17:05
Guys,

thanks for all your ideas...give me a break, that I can review all your posts and come up with an idea.

(Non - Red Wine - Now!!)

Giotto

Traveler1234
04-10-06, 17:49
Guys,

thanks for all your ideas...give me a break, that I can review all your posts and come up with an idea.

(Non - Red Wine - Now!!)

Giotto

Welcome to the 'service' business....no breaks, customers always right, why is room service so slow, etc. etc. etc. :D LOL

Giotto
04-10-06, 17:53
Traveler1234,

Please immediately send me a PM with your real name.

Yours will be the first name on our blacklist of customers who cannot do room reservations here (LMAO).

GIVE ME A BREAK. I HAVE TO THINK!

Giotto

Traveler1234
04-10-06, 18:15
Traveler1234,

Please immediately send me a PM with your real name.

Yours will be the first name on our blacklist of customers who cannot do room reservations here (LMAO).

GIVE ME A BREAK. I HAVE TO THINK!

Giotto

Check your box tomorrow morning

Good night and pleasant dreams :)

SidTheSexist
04-11-06, 07:21
I stayed in Livingstones over the weekend and would definatley give it the thumbs up:)
Wish I could have extended my stay but I had to move on to pattaya. Back to bkk on thursday and maybe manage another night or two before I leave on sunday. Great rooms and quality beds!!!
sid

Giotto
04-12-06, 08:37
Hi,

Sorry for not replying to all the posts yesterday, but it was a busy day, no time for the forum.

First of all:

We (Livingstone’s) got some E-Mails and I also some PMs reg. bringing in girls from outside (non-Livingstone’s girls), whether this would be a problem or not.

It is of course not a problem, as long as you don’t bring in God of all Horrors Wife or Monkey’s Mother…nothing more to say regarding this, only reminding everybody about the limits mentioned in the posts before. Livingstone’s shall be a quiet relaxing place, and what you do inside your room is not our business.

--------------

JuiceSpike,

I thought about your post regarding promotions for ISG members. And you are right – I am using the ISG forum here to promote our place, so I should do something for the ISG members. I will come up with the promotion idea in the next post.

I disagree about Eden. It is up to each individual person to go there and check it out. I know that it is not easy for Bangkok rookies to walk through hotel lobbies taking two girls to the room, or to directly talking to girls asking for special services. Many well educated men feel a bit ashamed, they need time to learn that, and not everybody spends longer time in Thailand. For that Eden is an option, and Marc is the man to talk to.

I furthermore accepted my new job title now: pimp. You are right, a large part of Bangkok is a *****house and running a place like Livingstone’s means to partially be a pimp. Please, don’t tell my mother…

Traveler1234,

Some members were here already last weekend. I am quite sure that they will post sooner or later.

Let us agree on the general rule, that I will never post anything about member’s visits. If they post – appreciated.

Duniawala.

Outside Bangkok, where the darkness begins, in small Thai Karaoke’s built into garages or old townhouses you can find girls for which you pay THB 50 – 250 bar fine. This are the places where the foreign workers from Myanmar go to relax and have some fun. The infection(s) after fun is for free.

I will draw you a map how to get there, when you come here.

1ball.

Lol. “God of all horrors”, and “Freelers special”. I don’t want to know my title in the future, if I go ahead posting here…

As for the “logistics” of possible promotions the idea from Traveler1234 with the PM to me should work.

SidTheSexist,

Thanks for your positive feedback. That reminds me that I never talked about our mattresses. As we knew that some of you would come to stay here in this hotel, and we also had a rough idea what could theoretically happen upstairs in the rooms (once or twice a months) we spent a hell a lot of money for mattresses. You will like them.

Giotto

Giotto
04-12-06, 08:49
The Traveller,

For you a separate post. Sorry for my late reply, I know how much you suffered yesterday waiting for my reply. Today I will try to write as businesslike as possible, but some pinpricks will be unavoidable. You asked me a question, and that requires an answer.

Do we need this?

Look at the question itself, how can that be answered? I can answer for me, whether I need this, but I cannot answer for you. For that all the question makes no sense. If I assume a question “Do you need this?” my answer would be: No, I don’t need this. I appreciate open discussions, intellectual challenge, also funny comments, new ideas and intelligent jokes about me, my behavior or my activities, but not endless repetitions, tit for tat responses and unnecessary serious attacks or ignorance towards serious issues (the picture, the tyrants).

I don’t want to cut your last post into pieces and reply to all details, though it could be useful to do that to clarify how other readers could theoretically understand your writings. And a author should always think about that, before and during writing something. Let me pick one of the points: the user names, their possible identification and connected accusations or rumors.

I admit, my wording “…everybody knows Livingstone’s Lodge” was not precise, but I think the context made clear what was meant. I know that you met some of the forum readers, and I am quite sure that NONE of those people you met will ever believe those insulting accusation the “God of all horrors” files against you since years. You don’t have to justify anything to them. But there are thousands of others reading the threads – and those people CANNOT identify you because you can hide behind your user name. You also don’t need to justify anything to them.

This is different with Giotto. Giotto is the owner of Livingstone’s Lodge, and everybody who reads this forum knows that now. I have given up my incognito, people who want to find out who Giotto is can theoretically come to Bangkok, go to Sukhumvit Soi 33, find Livingstone’s and ask for the owner. All of those thousands of silent readers.

Writing about Livingstone’s IN ANY CONTEXT (whether as direct accusation or a possible option to accuse) with hidden cams, pesticides in the rooms and chiefs not washing their hands, not in a PM, no, openly on the board, do you really think that is appropriate? Did you analyze that it could create rumors, when writing it? Somebody, not really interested in it, reading it very fast, skimming over the text, picking up only half of it, but keeping in mind: Livingstone’s, hidden cams, pesticides... That guy talks next time to his friend, ‘Hey man, did you read that about Livingstone’s?’. And so on…This is the way rumors can develop.

I know that it was not your intention to do something like that, but your missing sensibility for the huge impact a written word can have allowed you to write this without the internal red-alert lamp starting to blink - and to post it in the forum. If you afterwards then write you did not accuse me – correct, you did not directly accuse me, but the DAMAGE IS DONE, somehow, irreversible. And worse - even after I tried to make you understand – you went ahead, not admitting that it was wrong, that it was out of limits, there is no option that something you wrote could be wrong, isn’t it? And that is ignorance.

“Nothing in this world is more dangerous than a sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” (Martin Luther King)

There is nothing more I can say reg. this.

You mentioned in your last report that you won’t post on this issue any more, and you will leave the last word to me. When I read that I immediately thought, that this was not a real clever move, to bring yourself into this defensive position, but we all know from the past that you don’t take those statement too seriously. But let me remind you of the flame wars in the Thailand forum approx. 1.5 years ago (and I remember me defending you as good as I could). I stopped to write anything in the SA thread, because it was hopeless, it did not change anything, nobody WANTED to stop that discussion that time. Ever since I have not posted there any more.

Today I can tell you: It is possible to let go, and it is possible to stop nonsense like this. It needs YOU to stop responding, and the insults against you will stop, too.

“It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.” (Voltaire).

I tried my best.

Good luck to you.

Giotto

Giotto
04-12-06, 08:55
Livingstone’s Promotion for ISG members
==============================

After experiencing international pressure from a large number of forum member the Management of Livingstone’s Lodge has decided to introduce a special Promotion for ISG members as follows:

Those members who stay in Livingstone’s Lodge for at least 3 nights will receive a voucher worth THB 1,000.00. That voucher can be used for a Steak- or Thai Dinner in our restaurants, to reduce (hopefully huge) bills from the sports lounge (including bar fines), or it can be presented during check out and will then deducted from your final room bill.

The conditions:

- Members must send a PM to Giotto and identify themselves with their real (check-in) names that we can identify them as forum members

- Members must stay at least 3 nights, having booked directly (not via Travel agencies or Internet booking systems)

- Members must post at least ONE REPORT about their Bangkok travel experiences on the board. The rule is: The post first, then the voucher.

- The voucher will be issued for each stay, returning members will receive a voucher every time they stay here for at least 3 days

- This Promotion is valid until 30.09.2006. We will then decide whether we extend it or not.

Remarks:

Jackson gave us the opportunity to promote Livingstone’s in this forum, in an own thread. With defining the rule of posting at least one report we want to support the website and it’s purpose.

The Management

JuiceSpike
04-12-06, 13:21
Pimp Giotto,

That's a good promotion. I think you will get people interested. And if you don't think it would be too complicated to set up you might want to create a "frequent stay" program in which after a certain number of paid nights in your hotel a guy would get a ....... for free. You could call this program "The Pimped Nights Program" or "You Got Pimped" program.

juices

Giotto
04-12-06, 13:23
JuiceSpike,

that is way too complicated (lol).

Giotto

Duniawala
04-12-06, 15:56
Duniawala.
Outside Bangkok, where the darkness begins, in small Thai Karaoke’s built into garages or old townhouses you can find girls for which you pay THB 50 – 250 bar fine. This are the places where the foreign workers from Myanmar go to relax and have some fun. The infection(s) after fun is for free.

I will draw you a map how to get there, when you come here. Giotto
My, my. Aren't we getting a little testy here. The promotions were just a suggestion. As they say, it's up to you. Lighten up, Giotto and you will see that there is sunshine outside Bangkok.

Giotto
04-12-06, 16:05
Duniawala,

I was joking, and I understood your post before as humerous, too. Sorry, if this was misunderstood.

Giotto

P.S: Damned, if this was misunderstood then I must be much more careful with what I write. Please, somebody explains to me in a PM how to use smileys. Then I can add them sometimes, may be that helps to avoid those problems.

Freeler
04-12-06, 16:51
Giotto,

:-) = :)
:-( = :(
:-D = :D

Remove - from :-) (don't leave a space) to get :)

:D!

PS Smileys don't work in the title....

JuiceSpike
04-12-06, 17:16
Freeler you forgot:

:rolleyes:

:p

:cool:

:confused:

JuiceSpike
04-12-06, 17:19
and....

:eek:

:mad:

:o

Giotto
04-12-06, 17:55
Freeler,

thanks, I will try it out. :)

JuiceSpike,

you bastard, tell us the key combination for those smileys.

Giotto

JosephEdward
04-12-06, 18:02
Giotto,

Do you have any nice rooms available for the 13th(eve)May through the 17th(morn)?

J.

Freeler
04-12-06, 18:16
Juice,

Admin don't allow more than 5 smileys in a report.
How fukken un:cool:!

Traveler1234
04-12-06, 19:14
Giotto,

look here

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/misc.php?do=showsmilies

That's the best 'constructive' exchange between TT and G in the past 48 hours!
My best to both of you....

IMHO :)

Giotto
04-12-06, 21:33
Travel1234, The Traveler, Freeler,

thanks for the "smiley" information. I will practice now.

JuiceSpike,

I will think about whether I have to apologize for the "bastard"...up to now I am not ready for that. May be tomorrow... :)

All,

I found out today that 3 ISG members (at least readers) are already staying here in Livingstones. Here the story:

I was sitting with my girlfriend at the hotel bar (not in the sports lounge), early afternoon, coffee break. One guy comes down from upstairs, sits a few chairs next to us and orders a coffee. Minutes later a second guy comes down, sits next to the other guy, and orders water (water?). Then the third guy rolls down (a big one), sits down next to his friends, and orders ... I don't know what.

After a while all they ask for the bill, sign it, and obviously they want to leave - but one of the guys turns around with a big smile and says:

"Hello, Giotto!"

I was virtually falling from the bar stool. My girlfriend looked at me with the What-Did-You-Do-(Again)-And-I-Dont-Know-Anything-About-It eyes of a Thai woman.

My reaction lasted long, and was (not very convincing): "Hi."

"Hi, appreciate to be here, nice place, have no time now, a meeting, see you later." He turned around and left - left me with my coffee, the bar stool and the eyes of a tiger...

She: "Who is Giotto?"

I had expected the question, but I had no answer. May be I had an answer, but not as fast as it was needed.

I: "As I know it was an Italian painter!"

OK, I accept, that was not a real good answer towards a Thai woman.

She: "An Italian painter?"

I: "Yes, very famous..." - and I knew I had lost already, I heard the next question coming...

She: "Why did he call you Giotto?"

OK, guys, no need to tell you the rest of the story. Everybody who has experienced the "phantasy" of Thai women to develop stories out of nothing knows what will follow now. This "Giotto" thing must have something to do with another woman, for sure.

Most likely I will not survive this night and wake up tomorrow finding my dick cut off and given to the ducks...

For the (most unlikely) case that I survive this night we all don't have a problem with the "Giotto" thing any more. But please: If you ask me something about the Eden or Pegasus Club, Long Gun or Rainbow 4, Poseidon or Chawalla 1,2,3, Angels or Tulip - could you please make sure, that a beautiful Thai woman with the eyes of a tiger is not TOO CLOSE TO US??????

I met those guys later in the Sports Lounge, and we had some fun. All of them read about Livingstone's in the ISG. The guy who knew the "Giotto" name is member for sure, he told me his user name... He bought me a lot of drinks, and said good bye with a twinkle in his eyes: "Good luck to you, see you tomorrow!" That damned fucking ... . Tomorrow.

----------

Today (yesterday) is (was) the first day of Songkran, water festival, Thai New Year, and it was not that wet, but some of our customers and girls ended up in the pool. It is right now 3 am, and the last customers just left. A long night in the Sports Lounge, people were dancing - btw: we have no real dance floor! They made all floors to be a dance floor.

I had expected this day to be as last year - nearly nobody was here. Songkran, nobody in Bangkok. But today business was good.

OK. I will go upstairs now. Time to sleep. (She is waiting...for sure).

God save the ducks.

Giotto

Giotto
04-12-06, 21:58
Giotto,

Do you have any nice rooms available for the 13th(eve)May through the 17th(morn)?

J.

Hi,

please send an E-Mail to info@livingstones.co.th

For the case that I will not be with all of you tomorrow morning there is still a chance that there is a room for you.

Giotto

PosterLion
04-12-06, 22:03
"Hello, Giotto!"

At least he didn't say, "Hello gra dtaay ( กระต่าย )". :-)

Giotto
04-13-06, 05:03
Good Morning,

we try to (learn how to) upload some pictures, these are from February this year.

Pic_001: Pool, Steak House Kitchen, new part of the building, rooms upstairs.
Pic_002: Restaurant, Sports Lounge in the background

The Management

Freeler
04-13-06, 05:20
Giotto,

Tell her it's a nickname you used in Europe/Italy.
Lie!
Thais do... they'll understand...

But it's too late now:D!

Pool Guy
04-13-06, 05:38
I am currently staying and having a GREAT time at Livingstone. The staff are friendly, my room is large with an African motif (sort of reminds me of a hunting lodge) and service is excellent. I can’t emphasize enough that the staff go out of their way to make you feel at home. What started out as drinks at the bar wth one hostess, actually turned into a small party that ended up being rowdy, several of the girls actually started throwing each other in the pool! Management was understanding (thanks Giotto) and went out of their way to make sure we all had a good time.

Prices are reasonable; so far I have not exceeded my expense account (I’m here on business). If you are looking for more of a “lodge” experience where you are treated as celebrity, rather than a hotel where staff can be ambivalent, this is the place.

Giotto
04-13-06, 06:06
More Pictures.

Pic_003: Pool, Restaurant, from upstairs
Pic_004: Staircase and chandelier
Pic_005: A buffet (not available every day)
Pic_006: Salad Bar (always)

The Management

Dinghy
04-13-06, 06:19
<laughing at buffet pic> - just curious - what is it about wurst (wieners, hot dogs) that Thais seem to regard them so "highly"?

Duniawala
04-13-06, 06:24
Giotto

What's with the big crack in the chair in Pic 2. Who broke that? I don't remember sitting on it.

And I envy the chandelier with so many big balls Pic 4.

:D

Giotto
04-13-06, 06:26
<laughing at buffet pic> - just curious - what is it about wurst (wieners, hot dogs) that Thais seem to regard them so "highly"?

Dinghy,

no idea, but both farang and Thais like to eat those sausages. And then we have Nuernberger Rostbratwurst on our menu, and we are still looking for an importer of South African Boerewoers. If somebody knows one...

The Management

Giotto
04-13-06, 06:33
Giotto

What's with the big crack in the chair in Pic 2. Who broke that? I don't remember sitting on it.

And I envy the chandelier with so many big balls Pic 4.

:D

Duniawala,

the crack - there is no chair WITHOUT a crack...that is Livingstone's special style :).

We always thought that the chandelier was designed based on a model of your balls...is that so?

The Management

Duniawala
04-13-06, 06:47
Duniawala,
We always thought that the chandelier was designed based on a model of your balls...is that so?
Wishful thinking. I only have two. Maybe someone else?

Pool Guy
04-13-06, 10:41
Livingstone’s a GREAT place

My work requires frequent travel, and I’ve stayed in a number of hotels in the U.S., Europe and Japan. Staying at the Lodge has been the best experience I’ve had in the last 10 years of travel.

The best way to describe the experience is to think of the hunting lodges in Africa, or the high end areas in Hawaii. The staff treats you like a superstar, and all at motel prices (in the U.S.). I’ve been here for a couple of days, had a great party with the staff last night (yes, I admit being the pool guy), and am still am under budget on my travel expense.

If you want 5 star treatment; with discretion, this is the place to be.

Giotto
04-13-06, 11:41
Hi,

I am alive.

DO NOT COME TO SOI 33 TODAY AND TOMORROW!

Do not take that risk! Even if you want to eat a steak - do not do that today in Livingstones!

All the road is one huge battlefield - water, water, water.

Giotto

1Ball
04-13-06, 14:46
.....We always thought that the chandelier was designed based on a model of your balls...is that so?.....
Well, since they all seem to be the same shape and size, it is pretty obvious, since I only have one, they were modeled after mine.;)
Question for you Giotto. Do you have left luggage facilities? I sometimes find myself having to leave a small box at a hotel, to be retrieved upon my return. Sometimes a few days, sometimes 1 whole month.
It seems from the amount of posts, your place is going to be a huge success. Best of luck to you.

Giotto
04-13-06, 17:33
Bangkok is crazy.

I wrote that warning before, and instead of STAYING AWAY from Livingstone's we were quite full today - again good business, already up to now...

I must modify the warning for tomorrow a bit - the battle luckily slowed down today around 6:30 pm, when it got dark. Obviously the bar owners around have the same intention we have - to get at least a few people into their establishment. But - that does not necessarily mean that this will happen again tomorrow!

Now it is 11:30 pm, and the water battle takes basically place in the side roads of Soi 33...

I try to make some pictures tomorrow...

Giotto

Giotto
04-14-06, 07:18
We had surprisingly good business yesterday. Obviously nobody of the locals read my warning, or took it seriously, and the customers came in for dinner and partying in the Sports Lounge later. It was completely different from last year, where we had nearly no business during the Songkran days.

Nevertheless – all that ended up with a huge pool party, customers and girls in there, and all that lasted long…some additional DJ activities (new title: DJ Giotto) in the Sports Lounge and we changed the bar again into a small disco. It was fun. The best was: Everybody behaved well, nothing out of limits. Songkran days are dangerous day, especially if you deal with a bunch of Thai women...

If some of you local expats do not know where to go tonight – just come here, we will try to do the same thing, if enough customers come in. If it is empty it does not make any sense to even try it.

1ball,

sorry to hear about your missing ball. You might find it on the chandelier – come and have a look.

Left luggage: Smaller items can be stored stored in our hotel safe, bigger suitcases in the office, which is always locked. Up to now no problems with that.

Thanks for your wishes, we will post later about the success/experiences of the first days of running this campaign here on the board.

Member #3823,

Thanks for your nice words. But not everything is perfect here, we still have a long way to go. Yesterday e.g. the bar tender (morning shift) did not show up (Songkran), and we had problems with the breakfast. Nobody could handle the coffee machine. You will not experience something like that in a 5 star hotel.

I remember you and me talking yesterday. You are a first time Bangkok traveler, and I would like travelers like you visiting / staying in our place. I think that we can really add value to your trip / vacation, and that’s what all this is about. Have fun, and avoid problems.

Duniawala,

Be happy that you have two, think about poor 1ball :)…but I was more talking about the SIZE of the (coconut) chandelier balls…can you please check and post some photos, then we can compare.

Giotto

Giotto
04-14-06, 08:16
Superior Room

Pic_101: Room, cabinet, desk
Pic_102: Bed, window (room decoration missing)
Pic_103: Bed, TV, Mini Bar
Pic_104: Bathroom
Pic_105: Shower

The Management

Giotto
04-14-06, 10:13
Wedding Suite :)

Pic_106: Working Area (Bed)
Pic_107: Wet-Zone Working Area (Double Jacuzzi, huge, seams smaller as it is on this picture)
Pic_108: Double Jacuzzi with shower
Pic_109: Floors
Pic_110: Staircase with chandelier (1balls lost ball somewhere, Duniawala sized)

The Management

Terry Terrier
04-14-06, 13:44
Wedding Suite :)

Pic_106: Working Area (Bed)
Pic_107: Wet-Zone Working Area (Double Jacuzzi, huge, seams smaller as it is on this picture)
Pic_108: Double Jacuzzi with shower
Pic_109: Floors
Pic_110: Staircase with chandelier (1balls lost ball somewhere, Duniawala sized)

The Management

Ow! My neck hurts!

Giotto
04-14-06, 13:56
Terry Terrier,

lol, wrong technique, turn the screen instead :)...

Giotto

Horntoad
04-14-06, 21:03
Giotto,

How many blocks are you from the Emporium?

Giotto
04-15-06, 06:16
Horntoad,

one block, maximum, streets do not really have block structures here as in the US.

We discussed yesterday how long to walk from here to Emporium. I said 2 min., another opinion was 5 min. I am always walking fast :).

Giotto

Giotto
04-16-06, 06:54
Some Pictures:

Pic_201:

Early afternoon, Livingstone's entry, it still looks relatively quiet...but so noisy? Something must be happening on the road, lets take the risk and have a look.

Pic_202:

The road. Warzone! Water. People with water guns everywhere. Music. Dancing.

Pic_203:

Opposite side of the road, waiting for targets. Will they attack a poor old man with a digital camera? (Yes, they will).

Pic_204:

Reloading. Logistics problem, out of water. A critical situation on Songkran.

Pic_205:

Attack, this time a moterbike. First water, then white powder. Is it really fun to drive around on a bike during Songkran? How are the chances to survive?

The Management

Giotto
04-16-06, 07:06
Pic_206:

Livingstone's entry, elephant tusks and staff. Of course we are the worst in the road. Nobody can pass without being somehow reminded that this is Thai New Year...

Pic_207:

Under attack from a car. They have ice cold water there, we only have warm water. That is not fair. Enter the car, who cares about casualties...

Pic_208:

Another car, Livingstone's team attacks. Who cares about traffic...the battle comes first.

Pic_209:

Livingstone's waitress after taking a short bath...why to do that at home, much better together with our fish, on the road.

Pic_210:

What? What happened? Looks like a quiet night, everything prepared for our customers? 7:30 pm...a break for 3 hours, but then it continued around and inside the swimming pool. But no pictures from that, too many customers there...

The Management

John05
04-16-06, 19:46
I have stayed in many hotels in Bangkok in the past. Yours appears very nice (from all of the photos posted) and has a perfect niche in this city with thousands of competitors. Nice theme. I assume that you are girl friendly as you have a thread here. Looks 1000 times better than the Nana and a lot less expensive than the 5 and 4 stars. Good job whoever created the theme.

John05
04-16-06, 19:58
Thanks a million for your many photos of Songkran. I miss Thailand the most when I think about Songkran. Because I worked at a small company in Bangkok, it was the ONLY time that there was almsot no traffic. Many people left for the upcountry. If you left your window open...even 1 inch...it means you are part of the fun.

I was in a nice nightclub and the owner said Kor Tort and then put some warm water all over my back. It is the most fun that I have ever had. Thanks for the memories. I love Bangkok!

1Ball
04-16-06, 23:30
hi Giotto, I seem to recall you were going to give us the size of your swimming pool. You gave us a " I think it is about...". but I have not read anything since.

I know Piper swims in the AM, as do I, to try to work off the noodles and rice, ohhhh, and beer.

thanks.

Traveler1234
04-17-06, 00:12
hi Giotto, I seem to recall you were going to give us the size of your swimming pool. You gave us a " I think it is about...". but I have not read anything since.

I know Piper swims in the AM, as do I, to try to work off the noodles and rice, ohhhh, and beer.

thanks.

Way back I think he mentioned something like 14-16 meters, no long enough for laps ... bummer as I also swim regularly:(

1Ball
04-17-06, 00:45
T1234, still better than the Westin, which is about 10 m

I can swim laps in a 15 m pool, I just don't push off as I turn.

Traveler1234
04-17-06, 01:07
T1234, still better than the Westin, which is about 10 m

I can swim laps in a 15 m pool, I just don't push off as I turn.

Still haven't found a good pool, except maybe Hilton - which I haven't stayed at in over 10 yrs.

So, if possible, I look for alternative 'exercise'....usually 100 push-ups in the mish position, another 100 squats doggie style

:) LOL

1Ball
04-17-06, 02:53
You want a good pool, stay at the Pathumwan, next to MBK.
5 star, and Olympic pool, and GF.
Sorry, this should be in the hotel thread....

Giotto
04-17-06, 02:53
Traveler1234,

did not know that the Bangkok Hilton has a pool - luxerious prison, I am impressed. Good to know that you did not stay there since 10 years, but please let us know what was before, we have to carefully select our guests here in Livingstone's.

Regarding the push-ups: Just got the idea that we might need a fitness trainer, are you interested? But we need some details about your past, first...:).

1Ball,

the pool size is 16x 8 m. No olympic size...

John05,

thanks, yes, it is a nice place to stay. I am staying here for months now, haven't been back to my condo long time already. The theme is the idea of my ex-partner who was South-African, I only completed it consequently.

Songkran: if you do not live in Thailand and come here as a tourist I can understand your enthusiasm for Songkran. But if you live here everything looks a bit different. And if you then run a business here you are happy when it is over, and you did not lose any staff to traffic accidents or alcohol poisening.

Giotto

Giotto
04-17-06, 05:24
All,

I have been criticized in posts and PMs of being too serious, unpolite and rude in my statements.

To all who might feel like that I honestly express my apologies - I don't mean it like that.

I am using this thread to promote Livingstone's. And I try to do that with a bit of humor. But obviously there is a thin line between being funny and being rude - and due to the fact that I am not a native English speaker I sometimes miss the point.

I will go ahead answering your questions regarding Livingstone's, being here for our customers and guests and offer the best advice about sight-seeing and naughty nightlife in Bangkok I can give. Sometimes I will post pictures, and I will try to answer more moderate. If more people feel offended about my writings in the future I will retire from the forum and will ask Jackson to erase this thread.

Giotto

Brotherrabitt
04-17-06, 08:39
Giotto,

All of us non-native english speakers seem to be at a certain disadvantage in this respect, either in writting reports or in fully understanding the subtle english humor in other peoples' reports.

I used to work in the UK for a large multinational company and if my boss at the time made a comment like "great report, but maybe you should reconsider some small points", for my dutch ears that sounded like a job well done, with some minor changes to be made, whilst actually what he meant was that the report was terrible from the beginning to the end and I should re-write the whole thing.

Even though I almost never go to BKK (my business is in Europe) I have been following this thread, as I appreciate the fact that you are trying to build a business in a foreign country (like I have been doing for the last 15 years). Setting up a business is never easy, specially if you do it in a country which is not your own. I congratulate you and wish you all the best in your venture and it has motivated me to find some good business reason to go to BKK and stay at your place for a couple of days.

I do not find your posts rude or offensive, however I recognise that you (like me) are sometimes struggling to find the right tone in trying to be funny in a language which is not your own. Native english speakers should appreciate this, the whole world is trying to communicate in a for them second language which is not always easy. Being tolerant is not too much to ask for.

Keep it up Giotto! Do not leave this forum, continue to find the limit of your language skills and if you sometimes miss the point or seem to be rude, do not worry about it. Most of the silent majority on this board will understand that you are man with good intentions and are not trying to be rude or offensive.

Your business and your promotion of it on this board, might even inspire some other members to set up similar ventures in other countries. I wish that somebody would do so in some of the central european countries I frequent. It would certainly make my traveling more enjoyable.

Bon courage Giotto (sorry do not speak Italian) and my best wishes to you and your venture.

Pleasure

Freeler
04-17-06, 08:49
Pleasure,

"subtle english humor"
Huh?
That's a subtle joke, right?

Giotto
04-17-06, 09:14
Pleasure02,

thanks, nice encouraging words, I will try to do my best, in Livingstone's as well as in my attempts as a writer on this board.

Giotto

SidTheSexist
04-17-06, 10:19
Bon courage Giotto (sorry do not speak Italian) and my best wishes to you and your venture.

Pleasure

giotto,
You're German aren't you?

Giotto
04-17-06, 10:24
SidTheSexist,

Yes, I am.

Giotto

Giotto
04-17-06, 10:39
...that's where I will go now: The double Jacuzzi of our Executive Suite.

A glas of champagne makes it perfect then... :).

Giotto

Seydlitz
04-17-06, 11:35
I used to work in the UK for a large multinational company and if my boss at the time made a comment like "great report, but maybe you should reconsider some small points", for my dutch ears that sounded like a job well done, with some minor changes to be made, whilst actually what he meant was that the report was terrible from the beginning to the end and I should re-write the whole thing.

I used to be a foreign consultant in the UK. On my first day running a workshop exercise at a new client, the guy from the client came to me at coffee break with a smile and indicated that "he would like the two of us to reconsider the way we are interacting". I said OK and the rest of the day went smoothly. The next day, my boss called me to inquire about "the clash of personalities" that I had with the guy! I was very surprised, as I certainly did not pick up anything wrong in the whole thing. But the guy had apparently reported what he saw as a huge issue. That much for cultural sensitivities.

Seydlitz
04-17-06, 11:38
I have been criticized in posts and PMs of being too serious, unpolite and rude in my statements.

If more people feel offended about my writings in the future I will retire from the forum and will ask Jackson to erase this thread.

Giotto,

you are doing fine. Keep up the good work and do not worry too much about what the other guys are saying. If they do not like you, they will not stay at your hotel. That's all.

The rest of us will know better.

Giotto
04-17-06, 11:49
Seydlitz, Pleasure02,

thanks again. But please note:

This morning I deleted one of my posts, within half an hour after I wrote it, and after the complaint came. I thought that response was funny, but indead it was not.

I don't want to keep the impression up here that that the criticism was not justified. It was OK. My fault. And I apologized in a PM, the apology was accepted.

That's it, nothing more to add. Back to business.

Giotto (inside the Jacuzzi)

Giotto
04-17-06, 12:17
Coma Boy,

the "pool" I am just sitting in is filled with may be 40 cm of hot water...(Jacuzzi).

Our swimming pool outside is 3 m deep, on the side where the jump board is, and about 1.2 m on the other side close to the Sports Lounge.

WIFI: Everywhere, even here in the Jacuzzi. I tested it around the pool, too, wherever you sit in Livingstone's you can connect to the internet. 6 WIFI antennas.

Giotto

Giotto
04-17-06, 12:22
...now the next can with worms is opened.

Giotto

Giotto
04-17-06, 12:27
Question:

Who is with me in the Jacuzzi?

Giotto

Giotto
04-17-06, 12:34
Coma Boy,

as you know I am a polite and sensitive person, otherwise I would give you the ANSWER YOUR POST NORMALLY DESERVES...

But: Wrong. Thaksin had no time.

Giotto

Freeler
04-17-06, 14:26
http://nevon.typepad.com/nevon/2005/01/what_you_say_ma.html

Scroll down a bit and check the "translation list" of what a Brit says, what he means and what a Dutch person thinks it means.

I now have to totally re-read all of Coma's comments...:(. No, :(:(!

JuiceSpike
04-17-06, 16:04
Giotto,

You will get there eventually...

Freleer,

Your last post was quite good...

juices

Freeler
04-17-06, 16:46
Juice,

The problem is getting bigger by the minute.
How do Giotto and I know what you want to say? Where are you from? If you're British, please tell us, so we can simply disregard all you said. And what if you're a Cannuck, Ozzie, Yank, Springbok?
And what is the meaning of those "..."?

Giotto
04-17-06, 17:10
Freeler.

I checked that website.

We Germans, wrong, I AM are clearly more on the dutch side ( of that specific website ). Very interesting site, btw. .

JuiceSpike,

before I answer ( and make the next mistake ) : I will get WHERE?

Giotto

Brotherrabitt
04-18-06, 07:13
Giotto

Sorry for the mistake, I assumed (and I know, assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups) you were Italian because of the Giotto name.

Pleasure

Giotto
04-18-06, 07:42
Pleasure02,

No problem, I don't care much where people come from, I care about how they behave, what they think and how they deal with others.

Giotto: I like Assisi, I spent there some time studying the church. Long time ago.

Giotto

Pool Guy
04-18-06, 09:01
I just finished a first-time assignment in Bangkok, and had the pleasure of staying at the Lodge. As a newbie, I learned a lot, made MAJOR mistakes, and was glad to have the advice of friends (thanks Giotto!).

The Lodge is close to all of the “fun” areas, less than 15 minutes by taxi or Sky Train. If you are like me; however, you’ll just want to stay in the sports or pool side bar. However, be careful how many drinks you buy for staff, you may end up taking a swim!

I’ve enclosed some pictures (sorry for the quality, had to convert to black and white as the lab I used underexposed all prints by 1-3 stops, pm me if you want to know what labs not to use in the Sukhumvit area).

For those spending U.S. dollars, the Lodge is a great bargain. I was in Philadelphia at the Sofitel last month, spent $200.00 on a room that was smaller, did not have a Jacuzzi nor in-room safe. Also, I’ve never been to a hotel where the staff approach you and make general conversation. I think they were genuinely interested in how my stay was going in Thailand.

I hope my travels bring me back to the Lodge soon!

JuiceSpike
04-18-06, 14:29
Freeler,

Yank, mother from the UK so I have a bit of that English humor in me.... hope that's OK with you.

And the "......" is whatever you want it to be.

Giotto,

Wherever it is you want to go.

juices

Giotto
04-18-06, 14:57
Ah, is that a boring day...Songkran is over, it was raining in the morning, and now it is hot again. Furthermore elections tomorrow, no alcohol sales today. Damned boring.

Nothing happens in the thread. No complaints today. No PMs. Nothing. Did I [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) everybody off now, that nobody even jokes around here? Come on guys...

The only good news is: Some elements of our satellite system were repaired today. Now we have 5 (in words five) channels!!! This success is extraordinary, we were surviving the last 4 days with only ONE channel. The company told us that we will get 4 more receivers on thursday. They did not mention the week, the month and the year...this is Thailand.

A boring day, alone with my girls in the bar :). What can I do...

Giotto

Giotto
04-18-06, 16:27
Coma Boy,

we cannot ask our staff to talk on the road. Customers must know us, and we must know the customers.

If a bar sells alcohol today it will be closed for 30 days, and if it happens a second time the bar loses the license.

Sorry! Come back...so boring here!

Giotto

Giotto
04-18-06, 16:29
Coma Boy,

those guys from Lumpini are nice, too! A small gratification, and the bars in Nana can open till 2 am. Since a few weeks things are easing here...

Giotto

PS: Just discover a feedback from Member #3823 further down, he stayed here for some days.

Giotto
04-19-06, 05:52
Pic_401: Restaurant and Steak House kitchen, nighttime

The Management

SidTheSexist
04-19-06, 07:39
Giotto,
I forgot to mention those real nice german beers we had in your place too.
Good stuff

Sid

Giotto
04-19-06, 07:53
sidthesexist,

arhhh, you have been here already, and i don't get a connection now between your user name and your face...damned!

german beer: we have bitburger and weihenstephan (wheat beer), draft. it's really not that bad here, for a german. (i don't want to mention the other beers we have, more a kind of sparkling water looking like horse [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134)).

giotto

JuiceSpike
04-19-06, 22:21
Come on guys... Go to Giotto's place and spend some baht. Every picture of his business he posts in here has no people in it, it looks desolated.

Giotto,

Just an idea: You might want to promote your spot with pics of the girls doing something naughty: bending over, pulling up their skirts, showing off a breast, whatever your girls consider sexy and naughty and are willing to do. Skin always sells and pink even better... ;)

juices

Giotto
04-20-06, 05:33
Come on guys... Go to Giotto's place and spend some baht. Every picture of his business he posts in here has no people in it, it looks desolated.

Giotto,

Just an idea: You might want to promote your spot with pics of the girls doing something naughty: bending over, pulling up their skirts, showing off a breast, whatever your girls consider sexy and naughty and are willing to do. Skin always sells and pink even better... ;)

juices

JuiceSpike,

lol. Let me check whether I have some pictures with people...may be I am too careful with that, I normally don't want to show our customers on any pictures.

You are welcome to come here, and I will have my camera prepared for some naughty pictures of yours: bending over, pulling your skirt up...no problem with that. I will even post them here in the forum, you don't have to do that by your own :).

But - there will be no such pictures from Livingstone's and our girls. Sorry.

Giotto

SidTheSexist
04-20-06, 05:39
JuiceSpike,

But - there will be no such pictures from Livingstone's and our girls. Sorry.

Giotto

Pics on your website of girls and punters :)

Giotto
04-20-06, 05:45
SidTheSexist,

No. You will find none of them here.

Giotto

Giotto
04-20-06, 06:53
Some pictures, Loy Kratong

The Management

Piper1
04-20-06, 14:01
Nice pics Giotto - you just need to learn how to play with the red-eye button. No no, I mean the red-eye button on the camera. ;)

Giotto
04-20-06, 14:31
Piper1,

I think I need to learn a lot more than that in this business...( do I have any idea how to use this high tech digital cameras ?) :)

Giotto

Giotto
04-21-06, 05:48
Good, everything seams to be back to normal. The traffic jam is back, so there are obviously some people back in town. And alcohol can be sold again after those election days…

Two nights ago, the night of the election day. By law no alcohol until midnight.

A group of 3 walked in at 8:30 pm, one farang, an older Thai lady, and an older Thai man. The sit down in the Sports Lounge, and ordered drinks: beer! Though we could not show bottles on the tables there were options to solve the problem, special glasses…

And then it happened: our bar manager listened to a phone call from the older Thai guy to the friends in brown to check our place, alcohol were sold here. He rushed in panic into our office with that news. Fast decision, we stopped selling alcohol immediately, though huge groups were entering the bar, and we really could have good business that night…

30 min. later the bar was empty, those 3 people sitting there having their beer, all others gone. We were waiting … prepared for the worst. After another 45 min. they left, too, and the bar was completely empty.

Our friends in brown did not show up.

I try to understand that game. Obviously some Thai people are bar hopping in those non-alcohol nights, trying to find places were alcohol is sold and making a deal with the police afterwards to make some money. And in our case all that was supported by a farang, who for sure also got his share. I think there is no country in the world in which foreigners are more ripped of by other foreigners than Thailand.

What I don’t understand is why the friends in brown did not show up. Normally they would come to show there power and increase their salaries, the mia noi anyway needs a new car. But either we were well protected by our friends on the monthly payroll, or they had so many places to check that they couldn’t make all of them. Anyway – we were lucky.

This is Thailand. Surprises every day. And the biggest surprise is if something works normal, without surprises. But that won’t ever happen. One must get used to it.

Giotto

Giotto
04-22-06, 07:59
The pub. Full size pool table. It is NOT the Sports Lounge, there are two bars in Livingstone's.

The Management

Giotto
04-22-06, 08:32
Yesterday was a great day for Soi 33, many bars were full with all the returning expats, after the Songkran / election week(s)…it was very late, lot’s of red wine, I really have to change my life style if I want to survive this in the coming months.

I came down at 12.00 am and met a hotel guest sitting on the hotel bar, having his breakfast. He was in Spasso yesterday, with his friend, a Bangkok first-timer, who was “still busy” in the room upstairs. His friend has met such a beautiful girl in Spasso, and for sure not a working girl, Thai Hi-So, fluently English, had studied overseas, and they had checked that out, because both of them were from that city where she had studied, and she really must have been there, because she knew so much about the city…

Oh, I had a headache anyway – and I knew what would come next. More headache!

His friend came down, accompanied by a beautiful Thai lady, tall, medium dark skin (I think one of the taller Bangkok girls), dressed in expensive clothes(a bit Thai style), not too much jewelry.

“Can I stay one night longer? And - I want to postpone my flight back home, can the reception do that for me?”

I had problems not to fall from the bar stool. “Yes, of course we can do that. But – why?” I decided to try to prevent him from the upcoming disaster.

“Met this girl yesterday in Spasso, I want to stay a little bit longer with her. For sure no working girl, studied overseas. Hi-So Thai family. I wanted to drive her home, but she decided to stay with me all night. She doesn’t want any money…”.

Oh yes. How come that I know that story already? Different variants, but same story.

I tried it carefully. “I don’t think that Hi-So Thai women go to Spasso. There are other places they go on Fridays, dance clubs in Rhatchada, Petchburi, Rhamkamhaeng etc. etc. ”.

No reaction: “My flight is 4 pm, can you please try to postpone it to tomorrow, please? Here is the ticket!”

OK, I had to shoot a broadside. “Hi-So Thai women are not so much interested in farang, and it is very very unlikely that they sleep with a man after just meeting him a few hours before!!”

5 seconds of thinking. And then I had already lost: “But she did not want any money!!”

We went on like that for about 2 min., not long enough to convince him, and then she came back from a short sight-seeing tour around our swimming pool: “Shall we go?”

“We go out for lunch, please postpone my flight, will you?”

I thought: No, I won’t. But what can I do…

Of course I cannot be sure about that woman. But the chance is close to 100 % that she is one of those who is going for the big money. Making a guy falling in love, and then the E-Mail or phone call follows:

Big Problem, sister on motorbike drove against tree, tree fell down on house, mother injured, father got water buffalo to move tree from house to get mother out. Water buffalo had heart attack and fell on father. Sister, Mother and Father in hospital, motorbike, tree and home damaged, water buffalo dead. Please send THB 200,000.00.

Ladies, ladies, if you come to Bangkok listen to those who are through with all that…we know what we are talking about, we really try to help and open your eyes!

Giotto

Coma Boy
04-22-06, 08:56
Wow, there's one born every minute!

Still, he'll be happy until he starts receiving the bills. He probably will have to pay her 5000 Baht or so before he leaves, but probably doesn't want to admit it, either that or like you say she's biding her time.

Finding a hi-so girl in Spasso is close to impossible in the first place. There are occassionally non-working-girls at Spasso but finding one who'll go with a Farang on the first night is also close to impossible. Finally, a hi-so, non-working girl at Spasso who'll go with a Farang on the first night just doesn't exist.

Not all working-girls have the same modus operandi. Clever working-girls hunt at places like Spasso, CM2, 87-Plus, Q-Bar, etc. Many play the "long-con" and many make a LOT of money.

Old Thai Hand
04-22-06, 11:07
I think You Guys are just cynics.

I was on Cowboy last night and even there, I could sense a lot of real love in the air.

PS: Giotto - HoSo...I mean HiSo girls' families don't have water-buffalo. The story will be: "A tree fell on the Benz, my father was inside. He is crippled and cannot work and therefore, the family import-export business (actually a High Class Chinese brothel in Yaowarat with illegal Chinese girls from Yunnan ) is in peril...please send 5,000,000 baht." 200,000 is chump-change

Seydlitz
04-22-06, 12:22
I cannt see why everybody is so concerned that a sucker might be taken advantage of.

After all, it is to be hoped that this guy will have a good time, and eventually there will be a cash outlay that will balance the transaction. What is wrong with that?

It is not just because a TG asks for some money for what she has done that one has to accomodate her.

In fact, this is just like the consulting business. Suspend your disbelief, I will explain:

you pay freelance consultants the rate, agreed beforehand, stated in the contract. If afterwards you have an issue with the service delivery, you can make your case and both you and the guy can work out a sensible compromise in the interest of future business. This is like bar girls then.

With the consulting firm's own employees, there is often in place a performance related scheme that explicitely states service targets (revenue, client satisfaction etc.). If targets are reached, the guy gets his bonus. Or so goes the story. But in fact, by year end, the company has to decide how much to give as a bonus, not so much as a reward for past performance, but as an incentive for future excellence.

Back to P4P then, if one is involved with a lady who is providing satisfaction according to a business model based on a longer timespan (inpersonaling a sort of live-in GF that is), any payment to her has to be calibrated to secure the provision of further bliss, rather than being seen as the remuneration of past performance.

Such a concept might apply rather nicely to handling a real GF, or even possibly a wife.

Giotto
04-22-06, 19:29
The Traveler,

Thanks for being back in this thread. Honestly appreciated.

I heard about this farang tourist police in Pattaya, but that seams to be an official institution. I think there are many farang stranded here in Thailand, desperately looking for income sources. They don’t care about anything else but money.

Seydlitz,

Lol, your statement brings the p4p discussion to an academic level. Let’s move it to the scientific forum of Harvard University, Faculty of Economy. I like to especially discuss the different “business models” of our service providers. May be I then change from consulting newbies to consulting providers – on provision basis. Could generate new income sources then – the final step to really be a professional pimp.

On the other hand I agree with you mentioning that nothing is wrong yet if that guy had fun and was happy. May be I should not get involved in those stories in the future.

Old Thai Hand,

Yes, my statement about Hi-So and buffalos was not logical . I need a break, it is time for me to have a look to Soi Cowboy and sense the real love in the air :).

Coma Boy,

Calculus of probabilities: respect. You hit it on the point.

But (according to somebody I talked to in the early afternoon) in this case you are definitely wrong, that girl never worked before, she is Hi-So, only going to Spasso for relaxation, and she sleeps with a farang because she was horny yesterday. Forget your mathematics! ( :) )

BTW: Nobody needs to worry any more, no changes in the travel plans, the guy left in the afternoon. He came down from the clouds.

Giotto

Giotto
04-23-06, 05:55
Swimming Pool, Sports Lounge and Rooms upstairs.

The Management

The World
04-23-06, 11:48
Well I have decided to book myself and a friend a room at Livingstones (depending on if they have avaiability!) for three nights in May. I'm a bit of a BKK regular, but have not been to soi 33, so I am looking forward to the soi 33 experience!!

Naturally I will report back from my trip (or even while I'm out there, thanks to free in room Wi-Fi) and how Livingstones is.

Dugdathug
04-24-06, 05:43
I wasn't sure where to post this question. Considering I have reservations at Livingstone's next weekend, I thought I'd post it here.

My friend and I will be coming to BKK for our first time. We've traveled extensively (Caribbean, Europe, S. America, Indonesia) and have always had the best luck hiring a car with a driver. While I'm not apposed to taxis, tuk tuk, etc., we seem to enjoy getting to know one person who is honest, speaks a little english and knows his way around.

What is the best way to find such a person with a car? What might the daily rate be? It seems my googlology is inadequate in this search -- I thought someone (hint hing Giotto) might have the skinny on this.

Thanks

Giotto
04-24-06, 05:48
The World,

Much appreciated, please send a PM to me, that I can connect your real name to the ISG. Looking forward to having some drinks with you here in Livingstone's.

Coma Boy,

yes, it is possible to beat the odds. Possible. Chance under this circumstances: lower than 0.001 %.

Anyway, the story (hopefully) ended with the best outcome from my point of view. But it can still turn around, in the case, that we get a room reservation shortly, and somebody returns love sick to Bangkok.

Up to then I have to make up my mind how to deal with this issue in the future. It is somehow the private decision of each single individuum. And to feel love for some time can be a present of life, even if it ends with some financial damage and a lot of pain. But those happy days might be remembered all life. It is normally not up to me to judge about that, I should not interfere at all.

Giotto

Meaty
04-24-06, 06:07
I've been out of country for a few weeks and way off of any monger charts so apologies to Giotto for not posting sooner.

I had the unmistakable pleasure to meet Giotto and his colleague at Livingstones on Saturday the 8th of April, unfortunately we missed the Songkran show, and had already eaten so we missed out on a superb BBQ buffet and thankfully some prancing Katoeys, but this place, and the owners, get a thumbs up from me.

I was here with Sid, we had the misfortune of finding company before arriving, but thankfully they conducted themselves accordingly and adjusted well to the relaxed and upmarket feel.

Despite trying to buy Giotto a beer or two, he was far to hospitable and we sampled some of the German beers together, i don't recall the exact name, but it was a very light, crisp and refreshing beer, which Giotto claims he is one of only very few bars in Thailand that sell it. We sat by the pool and enjoyed our drinks, quiet music in the background, ideal for light conversation and a few laughs, the sports bar was pumping and everyone inside seemed to be dancing and enjoying a great time.

Sid and I booked a couple of jacuzzi rooms and both of us were very impressed, as Sid said, the beds were amazingly soft and comfortable, the rooms were nicely kitted out, there is very much an individual feel to the room, it is much more like a home from home than a typical hotel room.

I don't recall the exact room prices we paid (I do recall the ISG discount wasn't applied ;) ) but i would say they were worth every penny.

This place isn't the type of venue that would usually be my hang out, so i won't be there every other day, but its a very pleasant change to the norm.

I think Giotto has got the marketing just right, the business traveller, mid-long term Thailand expat, the discerning P4P player.

It is not somwhere one should drag there ST Nana P4P too, not because she wouldn't be welcomed, i'm sure she would be, but she would probably feel totally out of place, and you, after seeing the talent in the sports bar, would be wishing you hadn't turned up with company :o

If like Sid all you want to do is ST 10 girls a day from Beergarden :p, then Stick to "Dr Check-checks", if you're looking for something more refined, you'd be hard pushed to go wrong at Livingstones.

All the best Giotto, i will be back and look forward to buying you a beer.

Meaty
04-24-06, 10:43
Giotto, I forgot to ask, i was under the impression (wrongly i think) that the BF in Livingstones and Soi 33 in general was around 4,000 Baht. But i think i recently saw something indicating a 1,200 Baht BF at Livingstones, can you clarify for me.

Giotto
04-24-06, 11:05
Meaty,

the bfs in Soi 33 are mainly in the following range:

- Hostesses: THB 1,500.00
- Receptionists: THB 2,000.00

The standard is set by Renoir since years.

We in Livingstone's lower those rates at 11.00 pm to make the decision easier for some customers, and normally then there are only two opening hours left. The After-11pm-Prices are:

- Hostesses: THB 1,000.00
- Receptionists: THB 1,500.00

There are some bars in the road who even go lower with their prices, but we will not. The bf business is the smallest profit center of our business, and I want it to stay like this. If people only come because of the girls they can go anywhere in Bangkok.

(Pimp) Giotto

Giotto
04-24-06, 11:43
Meaty,

I don't know what to say. Thank you very much for your positive report and your wishes. We will do our best to make Livingstone's an enjoyable place to stay, to work, to enjoy, to relax, to dine ... my god, a hell a lot of things to do.

Beer: It is Bitburger Beer, draft, and we had it first in Thailand. Now there are other bars selling this beer, too. Additionally we also have a German draft wheat beer - Weihenstephan.

There are many nice girls working in Soi Nana, and of course they are welcome here. I think all that depends on the customers, and customers who stay here will guide those girls how to behave. We had no problem up to now with all that.

The beds: I selected them, the mattresses are somehow made for me. This is how I want to sleep. But you know - we all have different styles and preferences... . And yes, Livingstone's wants to give you the feeling that you are at home more than that you stay in a hotel. If you felt like that we reached our targets.

It was a pleasure for me talking to you that day, and I hope we can continue our conversation soon.

Giotto

John05
04-24-06, 15:29
Some of the girls get married to a foreigner and then get divorced. Later, they come back to Bangkok speaking English and have a lot of money from the divorce. However, in California I have never seen a 10, or even a 9, Thai girl. Very hard to get a HiSo Thai girl to leave home for a long time. Her life is much easier in Bangkok than anywhere else. She can have a servant for laundry, another for cooking, another for driving, and she doesn't have to work her tail off like we do in the USA.

I agree with Giotto that the Thai HiSo girls do go out to clubs... but more like the ones in Ratchada than a farung infested Spasso club. It is possible though. I wounder if that guy ever saw the family mansion.

Traveler1234
04-24-06, 16:22
Meaty,

the bfs in Soi 33 are mainly in the following range:

- Hostesses: THB 1,500.00
- Receptionists: THB 2,000.00

The standard is set by Renoir since years.

We in Livingstone's lower those rates at 11.00 pm to make the decision easier for some customers, and normally then there are only two opening hours left. The After-11pm-Prices are:

- Hostesses: THB 1,000.00
- Receptionists: THB 1,500.00

There are some bars in the road who even go lower with their prices, but we will not. The bf business is the smallest profit center of our business, and I want it to stay like this. If people only come because of the girls they can go anywhere in Bangkok.

(Pimp) Giotto

Giotto's rates are very competitve for Soi 33. Monet charges B$1300 and the girls ask ST B2,000 to 2,500 and up to B4000 LT but of course everything is negotiable. At midnight couple of my business associates got LT for $2500.

Hmmm....didn't know about the receptionists - I'll have to check into that when I visit next month

Meaty - was wondering why you were so silent. Did you post a FR on the April 8th get-together? I'll PM you with my arrival dates once they firm up, sometime last few days of May and I will be staying at L's on Soi 33!

Giotto
04-24-06, 16:32
I wasn't sure where to post this question. Considering I have reservations at Livingstone's next weekend, I thought I'd post it here.

My friend and I will be coming to BKK for our first time. We've traveled extensively (Caribbean, Europe, S. America, Indonesia) and have always had the best luck hiring a car with a driver. While I'm not apposed to taxis, tuk tuk, etc., we seem to enjoy getting to know one person who is honest, speaks a little english and knows his way around.

What is the best way to find such a person with a car? What might the daily rate be? It seems my googlology is inadequate in this search -- I thought someone (hint hing Giotto) might have the skinny on this.

Thanks

Dugdathug,

sorry for replying late, we just saw that report a minute ago.

We will arrange a driver for you, don't worry about that. But first come here, and then we will discuss whether you take a taxi, the sky train or a driver for all day. It really depends on what you want to do, where you want to go.

Airport pick up: We can pick you up in the airport, no problem. Please send an E-Mail to info@livingstones.co.th

Have a safe trip to Bangkok, and - see you soon!

The Management

Giotto
04-24-06, 17:01
You've lost me. What was I running from?

Coma Boy,

May be I mixed something up? Somebody was standing outside talking to our receptionists on one of the alcohol free days...and made the decision to walk away, after getting the information, that he can only play pool, no alcohol...

Wasn't that you? I will check in the thread later. I thought you were in panic because of the milk shakes :) ...

Giotto

Coma Boy
04-24-06, 17:22
Oh that, yes, that was me.

Just asked your staff out of curiousity, was strolling past anyway.

1Ball, there is fucking excellent kao man gai by Soi 22, which is seconds from Soi 33.

1Ball
04-24-06, 17:34
1Ball, there is fucking excellent kao man gai by Soi 22, which is seconds from Soi 33.
do you mean the small market which has about 8 to 10 stalls, on the left as you walk up 22?

Coma Boy
04-24-06, 17:42
ํYeah, somewhere like there. Just at the start of 22, and after-dark along Sukhumvit just before 22 (coming from Thong-Lor direction). Also at mouth of Soi 20.

But the most efficient kao-man-gai breakfast is to yell at any motorbike driver, and have him go fetch. You won't have to even take the katoey off your lap.

For those staying at Livingstones, don't forget the beer-bars of Soi 22 can be fun at times. And Mambo is close by for 1Ball's pleasure.

Giotto
04-24-06, 17:55
King Giotto, sounds perfect, though I must insist on naked, female, attractive cooks to help in the kitchen, while we perfect the Kao man kai.
apologies, now moving over to the approriate thread.

Chief Cook 1Ball,

"naked, attractive cooks" - this is a contradiction (and hopefully I used that word correctly, as a German I would say: This is contraindicated).

No, it is the other way around, due to the fact that we don't have a staff uniform for you you are allowed to do you job naked ... :) .

Giotto

Giotto
04-24-06, 19:14
Coma Boy,

I will think tonight whether we move the meeting to GP - the staff there should know "him", and they deal with "him" for a long time already, so I can learn...

Traveler1234,

Receptionists are normally working close to the road, trying to convince customers to come in. They normally speak good English, some Japanese, and their job is not that easy. Due to the fact that they have to stay outside they also don't get so many lady drinks. Their salaries are higher, and that's why the bf rates for them are higher.

John05,

yes, there are lots of stories about girls getting married and divorced, and trying afterwards to keep their life standard somehow. I don't believe, that the guy saw the family mansion, it was not enough time for that.

Giotto

Giotto
04-24-06, 20:29
I had a lot of fun here on the board and in Livingstone's Lodge today.

Starting tomorrow I will write reports about experiences and stories which really happened here in Livingstones. That one from today (which I will post tomorrow) is already so strange - nobody will believe it. Mick Jagger - LMAO.

Tomorrow. Now --> bed.

Thank you.

Giotto

1Ball
04-24-06, 23:09
Just wait until you meet 1Ball.

He swaggers around with a katoey on each arm, drinking tequila, like a pirate...
My last trip, Coma insisted on coming along as the katoey on my left arm, how could I refuse. he looked so cute with his 6" heels, stockings, and his frayed denim mini skirt showed just enough of his butt cheeks. I know he had his make up done professionally in the small soi which connects 5 to 7, though I thought he was going overboard with the butterfly shaped belly button piecrcing, but the fat oily yabba with a drool towel who finally took him home didn't seem to mind.
;)

Piper1
04-24-06, 23:16
I've booked in for Livingstones, on the condition that Giotto keeps Meaty and 1Ball away from the place during my stay, but introduces me to Coma. I like frayed denim skirts and six inch heels.

Umm, 1Ball, tell me more about that small connecting soi please.

Tamurlane26
04-25-06, 03:23
have come to the conclusion that i should get out more often having expanded my reading to this thread !! the reason being that have been staying in livingstones on my past three visits to bangkok - and very entertaining they have all been - and did not put two and two together on giotto's lodge.

to think i may have been in the company of my senior peers without realising and as i wandered lonely as a cloud - was not even aware that the girls in the lodge were available !!

blind as a bat

Traveler1234
04-25-06, 03:33
have come to the conclusion that i should get out more often having expanded my reading to this thread !! the reason being that have been staying in livingstones on my past three visits to bangkok - and very entertaining they have all been - and did not put two and two together on giotto's lodge.

to think i may have been in the company of my senior peers without realising and as i wandered lonely as a cloud - was not even aware that the girls in the lodge were available !!

blind as a bat

chaulky my boy - you now have me worried. not about you but the receptionists and bargirls at giotto's? you mean, three visits and none of them worth a second look or inquiry? or were you just busy trying to 'sneak' someone up to your room...lol

i would ask giotto for his isg promotion - 3 nghts and b$1000 credit voucher....give it to me when we meet up in kl and i can then test out the girls for you before your next visit :d

ps: our friend v in jkt im me back and i then sent email reply but nothing back for 3-4 days....next on my list is k.

Giotto
04-25-06, 03:36
Piper1,

I checked your room reservation, but I could not find any of the mentioned condition. Livingstone's feels committed to it's surcharge policy reg. Meaty and you, and I already tried to contact Meaty to wait for you in the Jacuzzi when you check in. As you see we try to do our very best to keep our guests "happy" :) .

Furthermore we will check out today whether the Jacuzzi in the Wedding Suite provides sufficient space for 4 people. Then we will reserve that for you, and there should also be space enough for Meaty, 1Ball and Coma Boy...of course that's a complimentory service of the house.

1Ball, Coma Boy,

Did you mention the word "katoey" in the "Giotto's Lodge in Bangkok" thread?

Bastards, I try to make reasonable marketing here, and you open cans of worms (Damned, this morning my feet hurt, it is hard to walk all day on those six inch heels) .

Giotto

Giotto
04-25-06, 03:48

blind as a bat

chalky26,

lol. but not that bad either. it somehow supports our concept. nobody needs to know what you are doing here, and it is only up to the guest whether he wants to wander lonely as a cloud or not.

who the hell are you? 3 times here already?

giotto

Giotto
04-25-06, 03:55
Chaulky my boy - you now have me worried. Not about you but the receptionists and bargirls at Giotto's? You mean, three visits and none of them worth a second look or inquiry? Or were you just busy trying to 'sneak' someone up to your room...LOL

I would ask giotto for his ISG promotion - 3 nghts and B$1000 credit voucher....give it to me when we meet up in KL and I can then test out the girls for you before your next visit :D

PS: our friend V in Jkt IM me back and I then sent email reply but nothing back for 3-4 days....next on my list is K.

Traveler1234,

Terminology: there are no bargirls working here, but hostesses!!! That's a huge difference (I was told to write this by my marketing consultant, though I have no idea what the difference between both is).

And I thought we have incredible sexy ones in the moment (you never know how long they stay) working here...may be I am blind?

Giotto

Giotto
04-25-06, 04:07
When the night comes...

The Management

Giotto
04-25-06, 06:09
As promised yesterday I just started writing the first report with a story that really happened here in Livingstones. And then I suddenly started thinking about the impact this can have on the reputation and discretion level of our lodge.

As a place catering to the private activities of adults we are supposed to ensure the highest possible discretion level for all our guests, hotel guests as well as customers of our restaurants and bars. And even if I (of course) will not mention any guests details – somebody who finds a story in the internet and recognizes himself being part of it might feel inconvenient and interpret this as an interference in his privacy.

May be I made a mistake already writing about the Spasso-Girl story, who knows how that guest feels if he reads those reports on the forum, and immediately recognizes that he is one of the chief characters of the story?

Livingstone’s Lodge shall be a private hideaway in Bangkok, a small oasis, a place to stay, to work and to relax – and to have fun.

Would you please give me your opinions and advices reg. this issue?

Thank you very much in advance for you statements.

Giotto

Stew2
04-25-06, 07:52
Yeah, we have enough stories of our own without having to hear the tales of others.

Also none of your guests are gonna be happy if their acts of indiscretion are reported here.

Check it out - I'm awake early!

I agree with CB - you promise discretion, so you need to enjoy your own private pleasure in noticing odd behaviors. Reports of what we do as mongers should be our own choice to offer or not. That becomes all the more important as you may have both a real name and an ISG name to match to it, and we will expect the utmost in confidentiality in that circumstance.

Giotto
04-25-06, 09:07
Stew2, Coma Boy,

I hope that nobody seriously expects me to post reports in the style: "ISG User MickeyMouse came back at 3 am in the morning and had fun in the Jacuzzi with 2 katoeys and Thaksin".

No way that somebody from Livingstone's will ever write about anything what happens upstairs. This is NOT the question I wanted to discuss.

This thread can be very boring, if it is only used for promotion and marketing purposes. I think it will die down soon, nobody is interested to read the same information again and again, or only look at some new pictures of the same venue. The right mix of stories and information would make it much more interesting to read this thread.

There are funny stories happening here all the time. Writing about "somebody's" interesting sight seeing tour, special experiences, funny incidents, almost-accidents ... this material, is that already an interference in the privacy of that person who was involved in that specific story?

But I see already, there is a damned thin line here, too. Where do all this thin lines come from?

Giotto

Stew2
04-25-06, 09:24
Giotto - try fiction - I bet you'd be good at it ;-)

Meaty
04-25-06, 09:48
Giotto, I think if names are left out, and tit bits of info changed, like dates or other variables then you are doing no more than telling stories one could hear in a bar over a beer with a new friend. I see no harm, like you said, its not going to be "and then i saw Meaty and Coma Boy skinny dipping in the pool when Piper1 caught his high heel on a stone and fell silicone first into the middle of them, etc etc", because naturally this is confidential and between the 3 of us :D
Like you said, to keep the thread interesting and moving it needs to contain 'something else' - what that might be is why you pay your marketing guru !!

Ruben X
04-25-06, 10:05
If like Sid all you want to do is ST 10 girls a day from Beergarden :p, then Stick to "Dr Check-checks", if you're looking for something more refined, you'd be hard pushed to go wrong at Livingstones.Shoot, and I was thinking of staying there. The description sounded so fine till just now.

Would I be amiss in dropping by for a beer between girl #7 and #8? A good beer might just serve the trick.

RX

JuiceSpike
04-25-06, 13:21
Isn't gossip in Thailand the most popular activity to pass time? So, Giotto go ahead telling stories about your guests. I'm sure they will be juicy.

juices

Tamurlane26
04-25-06, 15:46
Giotto and Traveller

Loved your comments and yes I guess I must have been wearing dark glasses and porting a white stick to miss everything under the sun.

Then again perhaps I have the drop on both of you - Giotto you obviously dont read the photo gallery closely otherwise you would recognise this photo as being your own lobby bar !!

Your security would remember me as he passed me the key to my room at 3am or around that time when I was coming in with the said sweet young thing. One likes to drop clues and we will see if you can guess my real identity otherwise I shall have to introduce myself in person on my next trip - which seeing as we have spoken on the phone a few times would be even more amusing.

To whit I lay down a challenge for you - if you cannot get my identity on the next visit then the least you can do is give me the room with the jacuzzi for the special room rate !! I shall only request for one night to save you further damage to your pocket !!

So to make it easier and as we are in the Lodge here is the photo again to jog the memory of your staff !! Alas my skills with a camera do not match some of my fellows here esp Coma Boy who always has me in stitches with the comments that go with his photos.

Re the other comments I have been delighted with the stays I have had in the Lodge and have recommended it to many others - location and ambience have it right up there and the team you have working for you are excellent and the rooms just nice.

A very happy customer and I have to say it was through the "Hotel Thread" that I found you in the first place.

Keep up your thread as there are bound to be many amusing stories none of which need mention names or dates - we should be able to laugh at ourselves and as long as no pictures are included then there should be no issues.

Giotto
04-25-06, 16:20
Chalky26,

First: Thanks for your report. I will submit your laudatio to our staff.

And now: I admit defeat. I cannot get the connection between the pictures, your user name and a guest staying here. I checked the photo section, and yes, one photo dated 21.04.2006 shows the bar stool and floor from our lobby bar.

Damned!

OK, the Executive Suite is yours for your next stay, at least for the requested night, and - if not booked - for the whole time you stay here in Livingstone's next time. And neither Meaty nor Piper1 will wait for you in the Jacuzzi :) .

Hope to see you soon here again.

Giotto

Traveler1234
04-25-06, 16:51
b]Would you please give me your opinions and advices reg. this issue?[/b]

Thank you very much in advance for you statements.

Giotto

I vote for discretion; otherwise you might lose some of your paying customers :D

Love Sex 22
04-25-06, 20:23
Gues where is this ?

Giotto
04-25-06, 20:36
Gues where is this ?

Love Sex 22,

must be Nirvana. Would be helpful if you posted a picture.

Giotto

Giotto
04-25-06, 21:08
Good Night, Everybody,

as you all will have recognized I did not answer any posts reg. the discretion discussion up to now. I want more statements.

I hope that all of you are working hard now on this issue - and give me some SERIOUS opinions. Meanwhile I go sleep.

Tomorrow then, when the sun shines again, and the birds are singing in the sky...Giotto, shut up.

Giotto

Dinghy
04-25-06, 21:56
Love - somewhere in California (southern california) either LA (unlikely - the topography doesn't match what I remember) or San Diego (but it doesn't match that well either) No other coastlines with PALM TREES and mountains in the background in the US. (and it is US because of the vehicles)

Piper1
04-25-06, 22:26
I hope that all of you are working hard now on this issue - and give me some SERIOUS opinions.
How about starting with a few pics, description, and pricing of the fattest, most sexy room
Giotto, methinks you already know the answer. Traveler summed it up pretty well. However, you can tell all the stories you like about what I get up to next month, but you won't, 'cos I'm pretty boring. "Piper had breakfast, then he went to work, came back, had a beer, looked at the girls, had a nap, had a swim, read a book by the pool (in the rain), had another nap ..."

Of course, if you like, you can be my personal photographer in the biggest fattest sexiest room. ;)

Love Sex 22
04-25-06, 23:48
Love - somewhere in California (southern california) either LA (unlikely - the topography doesn't match what I remember) or San Diego (but it doesn't match that well either) No other coastlines with PALM TREES and mountains in the background in the US. (and it is US because of the vehicles)

Good observation but not.

1Ball
04-26-06, 00:38
I must say I disagree with CB and TT. Say what you want, Giotto, this is your thread. If you do not mention particulars about the person especially his name, or that he is a dwarf, or he lives in Dubai, or is German, etc, I see no harm. It takes a very insecure person who cannot laugh at himself. If someone gets all bent out of shape because he recognizes himself in a post, he probably has a stick so far up his ass you don’t want him back anyway. Just remember there is a fine line between funny and rude. If you write in an anecdotal manner, rather than purposefully trying to make someone look stupid, then you will probably pull it off.

I say try it for a week or so, and see what happens.

So come on, regale us with the story of the fat oily fuck, and CB. (oops sorry, no names)

Dugdathug
04-26-06, 06:18
I for one am staying at Livingstones this coming weekend. If Giotto finds that something stupid or outrageous I've done would make this thread more interesting, I'd be fine with him writing something about it as long as it has been altered as he has mentioned below.

In fact, I'd give him permission to do so in order to secure the 1000 baht ISG bonus. Seems like a good give and take arrangement to me. Let the individual members of this forum decide for themselves by either explicitly giving Giotto artistic freedom to convey the ongoings of his property (and receiving the 1000 Baht bonus) or asking for complete anonymity (and recieving 500 baht instead).

Just my two cents.

Thug

Giotto
04-26-06, 06:45
Good Morning,

The sun is shining and the birds are singing in the sky...

I will go through all "Discretion" posts now, reply to them, and will finally give a general statement how I will proceed here in the thread.

Step by step, it is early, I need a coffee, better two.

Giotto

SidTheSexist
04-26-06, 06:59
Guys,

Just remember exactly WHO will be reading the stories, should Giotto decide to post them. Its only going to be anyone looking on this Sex forum (us) that sees the tales; which likely means they are not going to be the type of guy to get offended if they recognise themselves. And if they are regular readers/contributors, then they will/should know that theres a chance they may appear.

Its not like the stories will be going up on the TAT website.

Sid

Giotto
04-26-06, 07:11
Yeah, we have enough stories of our own without having to hear the tales of others.

Also none of your guests are gonna be happy if their acts of indiscretion are reported here.

Check it out - I'm awake early!

Coma Boy,

If this board is not about stories or experiences, then I don't know why so many people read it. It are the well written reports about happenings and locations which makes it interesting to participate. If this forum showed only businesslike written reports about bars, discos and massage places it would not even have 10 % of it's actual readership. Most likely it would die down.

Even threads with flame wars appear to be more interesting to many people than quiet informative threads. Look at the SA and the "Father of all Horrors" thread, and the hit counts...

That is one side of the coin, to get people interested to read the thread, to deliver some entertainment, but on a level which doesn't touch the reputation of Livingstone's! That's the key point!

And again: It is NOT about writing about guests experiences here. If we did that we would lose all our customers and could close down within days. The question I have risen is much more complex:

Whatever stories I write about Livingstone's, guests are always somehow involved. And even if those stories are written without mentioning any guests details (we don't have to talk about that, that's the basic rule) and it will be absolutely impossible to recognize a specific guest by the given info, the fact is that THE GUEST HIMSELF will realize that he is part of the story. How will he feel, will he interprete that as an interference into his privacy? That is the problem!

For that your reply only scratched on the surface of this issue (and that's why you have to join Meaty and Piper1 in the Jacuzzi of our Wedding Suite :) ).

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 07:26
I agree with CB - you promise discretion, so you need to enjoy your own private pleasure in noticing odd behaviors. Reports of what we do as mongers should be our own choice to offer or not. That becomes all the more important as you may have both a real name and an ISG name to match to it, and we will expect the utmost in confidentiality in that circumstance.

Stew2,

it is really not about my own private pleasure.

Yes I feel happy if I see our guests enjoying themselves. And on the other hand some have problems, don't know how to deal with the experienced p4p professionals, and then I get involved in solving problems and giving advices. Yes, I enjoy that too, if the outcome is finally successful, and I feel with our guests if they are somehow disappointed.

And I should NEVER write about such an individual story here! This is definitely part of their privacy, and only the guest himself could make a decision to post a report about his story on the board.

But then I remember the Spasso-Girl Story. I did it already! And now I realize: It was a mistake to post this story in the way I did it! If I write something here it must be further away from the guests, absolutely unconnectable to anybody staying here.

The penalty for me is: I have to join Meaty, Piper1 and Coma Boy in the Jacuzzi, too. Oh my god...

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 07:32
Giotto - try fiction - I bet you'd be good at it ;-)

Stew2,

That might be a possible solution. Though I am not a professional writer I checked in the internet yesterday about the different levels of fiction.

This is a very good idea, let's see whether it can work.

Congratulations, you don't have to join all of us in the Jacuzzi.

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 07:37
Giotto, I think if names are left out, and tit bits of info changed, like dates or other variables then you are doing no more than telling stories one could hear in a bar over a beer with a new friend. I see no harm, like you said, its not going to be "and then i saw Meaty and Coma Boy skinny dipping in the pool when Piper1 caught his high heel on a stone and fell silicone first into the middle of them, etc etc", because naturally this is confidential and between the 3 of us :D
Like you said, to keep the thread interesting and moving it needs to contain 'something else' - what that might be is why you pay your marketing guru !!

Meaty,

that's the more tolerant approach, so to say, let us take it easy, and hope that we don't [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) somebody off. It works for sure for most of us, but then there is that one guy who discovers himself as a part of my story - will he think same?

If not - we lost a customer right away.

It is not that easy. So you have to stay with us in the Jacuzzi to further discuss this issue.

Giotto

Pool Guy
04-26-06, 07:55
So much seriousness, I’d thought I’d lighten things up a bit. I hope you all have seen the MasterCard (credit card) commercials where they show you buying something, and then get something precious that has no monetary (baht) value? If so, here is my attempt at levity; part truth, part fiction.

Roundtrip ticket to the Land of Smiles…37,000 baht (thank your editor)

Limousine to Livingstone’s Lodge…800 baht

One week in the best Lodge in the world…14,800 baht

Advice for the newbie from Giotto:

Don’t fall for the girls…

Have a coffee (when you really want another tasty Singha)…

Don’t invest in your girl’s plan to open a retirement home for sick Water Buffalo…

Do have a swim and a good time….priceless!

Meaty
04-26-06, 08:03
Meaty,
.....So you have to stay with us in the Jacuzzi to further discuss this issue.
Giotto
It appears i may be in here a while, glad you've joined us though, could you pass me the soap :D

Giotto
04-26-06, 08:14
Isn't gossip in Thailand the most popular activity to pass time? So, Giotto go ahead telling stories about your guests. I'm sure they will be juicy.

juices

JuiceSpike,

Sorry, I take this very seriously. If you do not - no problem, you don't need to run this place. I need to.

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 08:19
Giotto - how about posting your wine-list (reds) with prices here...

Coma Boy,

I understand this as a hint to only post businesslike about Livingstones. No single report about stories happening here.

That's an option. And possibly the necessary result of this discussion. And then the beginning of the end of this thread. Damned, who wants to read our wine-list in this forum? Boring stuff...

Anyway: Take a towel, you are allowed to leave the Jacuzzi.

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 08:28
It appears i may be in here a while, glad you've joined us though, could you pass me the soap :D

Meaty,

I realized the same as Coma Boy did - the soap is there is the basket, you will not find it UNDER WATER... My private areas belong to my girl friend, and in future most likely sliced in pieces given to the ducks...

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 08:30
Thank you sir.

It was getting disgusting in there- pubes, dead skin, and other detritus floating on the surface, water gone cold, squashed between five sweaty guys, and someone kept putting their finger in my ass...

Coma Boy,

AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH - get out of the bathroom! NOW!

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 08:51
Giotto,

your question shows that you know that discretion is a very important part of your business and I am quite certain that you will regret it in the long run if you break the trust of your customers by posting about their behaviour, even if you don't give out personal details.

Their doing is none of your business (as long as they don't violate any laws or Livingstone rules) and therefore you shouldn't report about it. They might feel that you make fun out of them or being a wannabe smart ass. In this case they won't return.

Don't forget, you run a lodge/hotel, not a story board !

This section should provide info about your place, not about your customers.
I have seen pictures, but so far they are all quite mixed up. Why not post pics of each of your rooms incl. bathrooms plus additional info about that room like size, price and category. This way people can refer to a certain room (number or name them) for reservation.

You could also post more pics of the Sports bar and maybe even of your hostesses (of course only with their permission). No nudes, but faces or full body in a nice dress.

Post those pics and infos a bit more structured and not by random spread all over the thread. It would have been a nice thread starter, easy to find for everybody. Ask Jackson if he will move them there.

The Traveler,

First: we both agree on the necessary discretion, that seams to be no discussion issue any more. I also fear the negative impact on the long term if a start telling stories about Livingstone's. The risk is difficult to calculate.

It's exactly the point: Guests discovering themselves in one of the stories could feel as if I make fun of them, or a break the rules of discretion. On the spot. If they feel like this they will not return to Livingstone's, and step by step we will have a bad reputation. "Don't go there, they write in the Internet about what you do!" That would be the worst possible outcome.

And yes: I should concentrate on my core business, and that is to run the lodge. And not to act as a writer here in this thread (though it is real fun in the moment).

More pictures of Livingstone's will be provided for sure, that is our basic marketing strategy here, and for sure there also will be pictures of our sports bar. Pictures of our Girls will NOT be provided, for several reasons. The most important reason is that the girls come and go, and you never know whether a specific girl showed in the internet is still working here next week. And then we might have raised expectations we cannot fulfill any more. To protect the girls is another reason, we have to deal with this issue carefully too, same as with the discretion issue for our guests. (BTW: The girls on our WebSite are not working here).

I disagree only on one point: Structured organization of the tread. No, I don't like that. I did not leave Germany to create my small Little Germany here in Bangkok. This city is life pure, a lot of fun, a lot of chaos, but a lot of heart, too. I want this thread to be like that, to be alive, to be spontaneous, to have heart.

That's what Livingstone's Lodge is all about. We want to be close to the hearts of our customers.

Well, a in-depth view on the issue, so I will protect you from being scanned by Meaty for the soap, you can have the Jacuzzi for you alone after all of us left it.

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 09:01
Exactly!

There are enough stories in this city without having to read more here.

And like Mister T says- we still have no idea what room looks like what, and has what features at what price etc. I've seen the bar in real life but not here. Remember most folk want pussy and booze, not weird chandelier ball things.

You're German Giotto, you should know all about structure and precision.

How about starting with a few pics, description, and pricing of the fattest, most sexy room at Livingstones...

Coma Boy,

You don't really want me to post 72 pictures from the rooms only, 18 rooms, 3 pics. a room, 1 pic from the bathroom - no, get over here, and I show you around.

The "fattest" room should be our Executive Suite, yes, I can post some pictures of that later, no problem.

German structure and precision, wow, "... take a jumbo, across the ocean... " --> Breakfast in Germany. You are already out of the Jacuzzi, so you can head to the airport now, I better stay here.

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 09:13
Giotto,

if you still got satellite problems why not add an inhouse movie channel ?
Should be easy to add a VCR or DVD player to that system.

BTW, it's up to you what kind of movies you will show to keep your customers satisfied. :)

The Traveler,

We thought about that, too, but during Songkran we could not even manage to get a company in to install a VCR or DVD player.

We anyway plan to have this players in all Deluxe Rooms, Junior Suites and in the Executive Suite, and then provide a CD library for our guests.

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 09:17
Giotto, methinks you already know the answer. Traveler summed it up pretty well. However, you can tell all the stories you like about what I get up to next month, but you won't, 'cos I'm pretty boring. "Piper had breakfast, then he went to work, came back, had a beer, looked at the girls, had a nap, had a swim, read a book by the pool (in the rain), had another nap ..."

Of course, if you like, you can be my personal photographer in the biggest fattest sexiest room. ;)

Piper1,

I saw some of your Dubai pictures, it does not seam to be too boring in your life :) . Whether I am the right guy to work as your personal photographer - let's find it out when you are here.

You can then also try the Jacuzzi!

Giotto

Meaty
04-26-06, 09:20
....and someone kept putting their finger in my ass...
Hey, thats unfair, it might be small, but theres no way you could mistake it for a finger ?!?!?

Giotto
04-26-06, 09:26
I must say I disagree with CB and TT. Say what you want, Giotto, this is your thread. If you do not mention particulars about the person especially his name, or that he is a dwarf, or he lives in Dubai, or is German, etc, I see no harm. It takes a very insecure person who cannot laugh at himself. If someone gets all bent out of shape because he recognizes himself in a post, he probably has a stick so far up his ass you don’t want him back anyway. Just remember there is a fine line between funny and rude. If you write in an anecdotal manner, rather than purposefully trying to make someone look stupid, then you will probably pull it off.

I say try it for a week or so, and see what happens.

So come on, regale us with the story of the fat oily fuck, and CB. (oops sorry, no names)

1Ball,

The problem is that I SHOULD NOT MAKE this decisions for others, who might show insecurity or whatever. And even if this is my thread - this cannot mean that I can do with it whatever I want.

I agree, if I write something it should be in anectotal manner, or a kind of fiction. We must protect the privacy of our guests 100 %.

Sorry, Coma Boy left us already for the airport, but some of us are still in the Jacuzzi, so please join us now. Please be aware of Meaty's scanning activities...

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 09:39
A loud-mouth owner is not a wise reputation for a guesthouse.

There are many people who value discretion very highly. What happens at Livingstones should stay at Livingstones.

I don't mind reading stories, but it could also make this thread real boring. We've heard it all before. Why bother?

Actually, I don't care either way, but most hoteliers would consider it a cardinal sin. Remember the sort of venue you wish Livingstones to be...

Coma Boy,

I AM FOR SURE NOT A LOUD-MOUTH OWNER OF A GUESTHOUSE! (Adrenalin levels down now!)

I think many people expecially newbies like to read stories, even if they have returning contents. Not many of them live in Thailand, and if they had a good time here they are reminded of their (hopefully) positive experiences.

And yes, conservative hoteliers would NEVER CONSIDER to write any stories about happenings their property in a forum of the internet. But I want Livingstone's Lodge to be different. I want that guests who stayed here once read this thread again and again, and stay connected to us. I want to put a small smile into their faces, once a day: "Oh yes, I remember that, too."

And I have to do that without intefering into the privacy of our guests.

Then all of them will come back.

Please - post a report after you arrive in Germany. Is it cold?

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 09:47
Guys,

Just remember exactly WHO will be reading the stories, should Giotto decide to post them. Its only going to be anyone looking on this Sex forum (us) that sees the tales; which likely means they are not going to be the type of guy to get offended if they recognise themselves. And if they are regular readers/contributors, then they will/should know that theres a chance they may appear.

Its not like the stories will be going up on the TAT website.

Sid

SidTheSexist,

Of course it makes it somehow easier to write stories here inside the ISG forum, with a certain group of readers. So I could take the risk.

But no, there is this small issue about the individual reaction of each single person, who suddenly discovers himself as a part of a story. And whether he is member of the forum or not, you never know how his reaction will be. We must respect this part of his personality.

If stories are written her NOBODY should discover himself as a part of it.

Meaty, is there an space left for SidTheSexist, I think we are quite full now, right?

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 09:51
OK,

that's it, I hope I picked all of the reports reg. this issue. If we go ahead longer with this discussion it gets boring, too.

I will prepare the conclusion report now, and post it later then.

Meanwhile I will try to get Meaty under control here in the Jacuzzi, he has so many fingers...

Giotto

Meaty
04-26-06, 10:00
.....meaty, is there an space left for sidthesexist, i think we are quite full now, right?
giotto
i'm all for fun, games and 'scanning' in the jacuzzi, the more the merrier i say, as long as he doesn't bring the crocodile from [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) in pattaya with him !

by the way, since coma boy left i noticed the bubbles stopped, did we actually ever turn the jacuzzi on :d

Giotto
04-26-06, 10:11
The Executive Suite

The Management

Piper1
04-26-06, 10:32
Nice room Giotto, but what happened to discretion? Remove that hidden camera immediately, and make sure the tenants are out before I arrive. But ask them to disinfect the butt-plug and leave it in the side drawer. Thanks.

Giotto
04-26-06, 10:46
Nice room Giotto, but what happened to discretion? Remove that hidden camera immediately, and make sure the tenants are out before I arrive. But ask them to disinfect the butt-plug and leave it in the side drawer. Thanks.

Piper1,

don't worry, no hidden cameras, they are installed visible for everybody. Life transfer to all rooms and into the Sports Lounge, somehow it is sports, or not? And I will give you the URL where we show it life in the internet...

Everything will be prepared when you arrive, just make sure that you are not alone :) .

Giotto

Piper1
04-26-06, 10:55
(psssk, how about putting a nice big mirror on the wall/s - and ceiling)

Giotto
04-26-06, 13:16
Meaty- if it's any consolation, it felt amazing!

It it was just the two of us I'd have stayed in the jacuzzi all day, but it started to get a little too crowded and smelly in there.

All Jacuzzi Fans,

GET OUT OF MY JACUZZI NOW. Enough!

Giotto

1Ball
04-26-06, 16:50
Trav, Giotto will have 2 diffetent types of clients. Those who read ISG, and those who don't.

Those who don't read ISG will never know a funny story about something they did, or something happened to them has been posted here.

Those who read ISG, will know Giotto likes to have a bit of fun, and post funny stories. They have a choice, knowing this, to stay there, or not. They can even go up to Giotto, and ask him to not mention them in the forum.

It seems to me Giotto is in the business of being a hotelier to make money, but also to have a bit of fun.

Traveler1234
04-26-06, 17:59
Trav, Giotto will have 2 diffetent types of clients. Those who read ISG, and those who don't.

Those who don't read ISG will never know a funny story about something they did, or something happened to them has been posted here.

Those who read ISG, will know Giotto likes to have a bit of fun, and post funny stories. They have a choice, knowing this, to stay there, or not. They can even go up to Giotto, and ask him to not mention them in the forum.

It seems to me Giotto is in the business of being a hotelier to make money, but also to have a bit of fun.

The Traveler and I share both the same user name and opinion re this. If Giotto has a funny story to post, post it on the Bkk Hotel site and don't mention it happened at Livingstone's.

I assume Jackson gave Giotto this special thread to promote this hotel - which I think is great. So let's keep the chatter to the hotel.

IMHO

Giotto
04-26-06, 19:16
Really, guys,

I just leave you alone with the forum, blocked at the swimming pool by a very important customer, and now I find the thread filled up with new posts...do I have to read all that now?

Give me a minute, I try to get an overview...

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 19:35
1ball,

it's not about if this is his thread or not, it's about the fact that there are some potential customers out there who don't want to read about their holidays on a sex website.

Call those guys insecure or whatever you want, but as long as they pay and behave well they should be welcomed at Livinbgstones. Don't forget, Giotto doesn't run a meeting point for ISG members he likes, but a hotel to make a living.

You also already mentioned that it is very easy to cross the line and why should he take that risk ? For us, so we can read stupid stories that have been told a thousand times already ?

If I would be Giotto, I wouldn't do that. As Coma said, most hoteliers consider it a cardinal sin.

The Traveler,

it is not much new in this reply, I posted most of the arguments before already. But I like the idea to run this as a meeting point for ISG members, besides the fact, that of course all other Non-ISG members are welcome here, too. And the rules of discretion (and that is what we were talking about) have to be applied for everybody, regardless whether it is an ISG member or not.

Why do we talk about stupid stories, does anybody want me to write stupid stories? If we take the Spasso-Girl story, is that a "stupid story"? In my point of view not, it is a real story created by life, and it is worth to be written down, even if some of us know older variants of that story already. But this specific story is new, for sure. And for that specific customer it might have been a very important experience of his life, whatever the final outcome will be, who knows it?

Finally - to be honest - I don't give a shit on what most hoteliers consider to be a cardinal sin. What I am concerned about is what that particular customer feels, when he suddenly finds himself being a part of a story published in this thread ( I think I mentioned that many times already).

The Traveler, I think you missed the point here, but both Executive and Wedding Suite are occupied in the moment, so we don't have the double Jacuzzi available in the moment :) . You are lucky!

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 19:38
Sid,

wrong, this forum is readable for everyone, you don't have to be a member to read the posts. Therefore these stories will be going up (like) on the TAT website.

The Traveler,

correct, everybody who knows the ISG can read it.

Can somebody please explain to me what the TAT website is?

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 19:55
Giotto,

I answered that, of course only the way I see it.
If I would be you I just wouldn't do it. I personally wouldn't mind to read about myself. It's sometimes interesting for me to see how others see me and rate my actions. But if you should put something up the wrong way, those guests who recognize themselves but like to protect their identity can't set it right by correcting you or telling their part of the story. They might feel that you try to make fun out of them, are a wannabe smart ass or just care about things that aren't your business. Due to these reasons I would refrain from any comments about your guests.

To be honest, by interfering with the relationship of that guest who picked up that girl from Spasso you already crossed the line. I understand that you only wanted to help or protect him from any financial/emotional damage, but you didn't knew anything about that girl. All your comments regarding her were based on assumptions and you just confiirmed what OTH is complaining about all the time, that most farangs expect all Thai women to be a prostitute. Why is it so unbelievable that a "good" girl went to Spasso to get laid, just because she is horny and not for money ? Maybe she didn't want to get involved with a Thai as he may cross her way again. Not a smart way in case she wants(needs to keep it secret. A farang is a much better choice in this case. He will leave soon and won't cross her way again.

In short, a hotelier should keep his mouth shut regarding his guests.

The Traveler,

yes, not writing stories is the easiest way out of this discussion, but as all of us know the easiest way in life is not always the right one. If stories are written here it's all about how to do that, and how to disconnect the stories completely from their origins. And may be there are options to do that.

I still find the level of argumentation disappointing, we always come back to the flat story "Meaty watches Piper1 heels breaking, Piper1 ending up in the pool." No, it is not about this kind of stories. There are much more interesting things happening here. Nobody wants to tell something like: "This guest did that. Lol." That's really lousy. And - nobody wants to do a rating!

And I disagree with you completely about your comment on my interference in the Spasso-Girl story. Livingstone's has something to do with Giotto, and hopefully Giotto can add some value into guests staying here. If I get to know somebody and see the risk that he might get into trouble I find it my duty to talk to him about that. And I will do that again, for sure. AND THIS MIGHT BE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIVINGSTONE'S LODGE AND THE ORIENTALS! But I will try to prevent my guests from having problems, if I can.

But - the point is missed here again - completely! We do not talk about whether I should get involved into a guests potential problems, we talk about whether I should then later WRITE about that. This is a totally different issue!

The Traveler, now I really have to find a Jacuzzi for you. Room 118 is free, but the Jaccuzi is only for one. Meaty cannot join you :) .

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 20:17

1Ball,

somehow it is logical and correct, what you write. This discussion opens all ISG members the eyes, what kind of bastard Giotto is. So they must be prepared for the worst case...

But if I argued like that I would immediately lose a group of potential customers who simply cannot accept that. And I can understand those people; when I came to Asia first and started to participate in the p4p scene I was also very concerned about discretion.

And again - nobody wants to mention a specific guest or person here. We are far beyond that point.

The fun argument is important. Yes, I have fun here, but I don't need to write about that to have this fun. I have it anyway. I want to make this place a unique fun place, and information and stories about Livingstone's posted in this thread can connect guests to here, can remind them on good experiences, can make them smile, can make them come back. But if I do it the wrong way it can make them to stay away from Livingstone's, too. It's all about HOW to write the stories.

Giotto

Giotto
04-26-06, 20:22
The Traveler and I share both the same user name and opinion re this. If Giotto has a funny story to post, post it on the Bkk Hotel site and don't mention it happened at Livingstone's.

I assume Jackson gave Giotto this special thread to promote this hotel - which I think is great. So let's keep the chatter to the hotel.

IMHO

Traveler1234,

If Giotto posts something in the hotel thread it will be automatically connected to Livingstone's.

There is no special agreement with Jackson to only use this thread for promotion purposes. It is a thread about Giotto's Lodge in Bangkok, and that is Livingstone's Lodge.

BTW: Good stories about guests really having fun here and enjoying themselves would be the best promotion! But if specific persons are mentioned those stories must be written from those, who experienced them.

Giotto

The World
04-26-06, 20:57
I'm arriving to The Livingstone Lodge next Saturday for a week of getting up to no good (in a good way though). Three nights in Bkk and then four in Pattaya. Can't wait.

However Giotto has banned me from having more than 10 women in my room at one time.

Giotto
04-27-06, 05:06
I'm arriving to The Livingstone Lodge next Saturday for a week of getting up to no good (in a good way though). Three nights in Bkk and then four in Pattaya. Can't wait.

However Giotto has banned me from having more than 10 women in my room at one time.

The World,

no, we did not ban you, we banned the 10 girls. 10 katoeys and Mr. Thaksin would be ok :) .

Giotto

Giotto
04-27-06, 08:33
Luckily the discussion about discretion levels has slowed down now, and I think it is time to move on. From the hoteliers point of view this discussion was a “cardinal sin” already – but I am not a professional hotelier. And I don’t want Livingstone’s to be as cold as all other 4/5 star hotels I stayed in during the past few years…

Let us put the generally discussed question into a bigger picture: What are we going to publish in this thread, how will we use it in the future?

I decided to basically categorize the reports in the thread in 4 sections:

1. Promotions Reports

This is of course the main purpose of this thread, and everybody should know that. We will promote our Lodge here, events, activities, meetings, special promotions for ISG members etc. etc. . This will be kept on a businesslike level, posts containing information and pictures. Mostly boring promotions stuff.

Promotions reports will generally be signed by “The Management”.

2. Giotto’s Bangkok

I read a bit in all the Bangkok threads during the past few days, and I did not find many interesting posts / FRs. Somehow this sections slowed down a lot during the past months. As everybody who lives here in LOS I have my preferred places where I go, and I will start a series in which I will describe those places, and the reasons why I go there. All that based on my single point of view, and my preferred life style.

I am quite sure that we will have some interesting discussion following to some of those reports. And I am also sure, that it will start right away with the question: Why don’t you post that in the specific sections which are prepared for those infos?

The answer is: I want to keep this thread alive. And if I am really writing some good stuff (which is very unlikely) then we can copy and paste it to other threads if requested.

3. Friends of Livingstone’s

This section is meant to built of a customer relationship based on stories and reports about events and entertaining experiences or incidents here in Livingstone’s. This section contains the problem zone we discussed about during the past few days.

For that I will stick to the following rules:

- I will write about funny events, incidents and stories happening in Livingstone’s, related to the general infrastructure, the staff, all guests or at least groups of guests

- I will not write about single guests experiences

- I will not even ask guests for permission to write about those individual experiences

The 100% discretion rule will be applied in Livingstone’s Lodge.

What I will do (sometimes) is to take stories from experiences of any people I know, modify them, put them into a complete different environment, using means of fiction like exaggeration or understatement, completely change characters, but then I will draw up and work out the core message of the story. If I do it the right way I will never get any complaints, and nobody will find himself being part of the story. I will always insist on the story being true, and nobody will ever know what is real and what is fiction.

If I do it the wrong way and I will get reasonable complaints I will stop with that specific type of reports. Let’s check it out, how that works.

Target is, as mentioned before, to keep contact to our guests and friends, to remind them on their stays and visits here in Livingstone’s, to motivate them to reply and post their own reports, and to built up a community of “Friends of Livingstone’s”.

4. Guests Reports and Feedbacks

This section is then up to our visitors and guests, out of my control. I will encourage people to post their reports here, good and bad feedbacks, and if they had interesting experiences I will try to motivate them to post them here. But it is not up to me make the decision whether that specific story should be published on the forum or not.

That’s how I will proceed.

Thanks

Giotto

Stew2
04-27-06, 09:02
Giotto - I like your ideas about posting in the thread. Here are two suggestions for what it's worth:

1. It would be helpful to have all in one place basic information about the hotel itself (e.g., cost, promotions, how to reserve) .... stuff not so readily obvious on the hotel website. Sure, people can RTFF, but don't make them search too far or too long to find the basics they need if you are trying to promote the hotel! ONce you put together a single post with it all, you can, from time to time, just provide a link to that post so people will be able to find it easily.

2. How about some information about Soi 33 neighborhood? When I thought about staying there (never having been in that neighborhood and not knowing Bangkok too well, having only been there once and that long ago), the first question in my mind was, no matter how nice the hotel and how much fun, is it a good place to hang out beyond the hotel? What will I find? Will it be easy to get where I want to go when not staying there? Maybe a brief guide to the area would help you promote the hotel also.

These are just suggestions. But I would find them more helpful in getting to know your hotel than all the back and forth banter about who's in the jacuzzi and who has a katooey (yeah, I know, let's have fun too...).

Stew2

Meaty
04-27-06, 09:48
...Can somebody please explain to me what the TAT website is?
Giotto
Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)
Does this mean i can leave the jacuzzi ?
Better still, could i change the water to nice clean hot water, and perhaps Coma Boy will come back with some hotties and join me !

Meaty
04-27-06, 11:40
Both pics are excellent Coma Boy, but honestly, i swear to god i have never seen the 2 guys in the second photo :D

Giotto
04-27-06, 11:46
Giotto - I like your ideas about posting in the thread. Here are two suggestions for what it's worth:

1. It would be helpful to have all in one place basic information about the hotel itself (e.g., cost, promotions, how to reserve) .... stuff not so readily obvious on the hotel website. Sure, people can RTFF, but don't make them search too far or too long to find the basics they need if you are trying to promote the hotel! ONce you put together a single post with it all, you can, from time to time, just provide a link to that post so people will be able to find it easily.

2. How about some information about Soi 33 neighborhood? When I thought about staying there (never having been in that neighborhood and not knowing Bangkok too well, having only been there once and that long ago), the first question in my mind was, no matter how nice the hotel and how much fun, is it a good place to hang out beyond the hotel? What will I find? Will it be easy to get where I want to go when not staying there? Maybe a brief guide to the area would help you promote the hotel also.

These are just suggestions. But I would find them more helpful in getting to know your hotel than all the back and forth banter about who's in the jacuzzi and who has a katooey (yeah, I know, let's have fun too...).

Stew2

Stew2,

thanks for your suggestions.

reg. 1)

I will prepare an overview report and place it in the thread. Furthermore I will follow your advice reg. the link posted may be once a week, very good idea.

reg. 2)

Of course Soi 33 is on the list of my private places. I am a regular in all bars here, though it cannot be my "hunting" area any more (rumors --> dick --> ducks). You will read about the scene in Soi 33 soon.

Katoeys in Jacuzzis - we also need a little bit fun, sometimes, may be it was too much in the last few days, but let's try to enjoy this thread, and take things easy and not so (German) serious.

It is interesting to watch what happens in the thread: e.g. pictures with fun photos have twice as much views as our promotion pictures - the readers want some fun, so we should provide it.

Thanks again for your recommendations.

Giotto

Da Pimp
04-28-06, 03:35
Stayed in Livingstone for a few days.

Excellent room condition. Had a minor problem with bed sheets smell but the staffs were so attentitive to fix the problem in minutes. Everyone spoke good/reasonable English to answer all your questions. The Sports Bar has great atmosphere; looking through the illuminated swimming pool with beautiful girls. It really turned out to be much better than the pictures that Giotto was showing. If anyone here stayed in Orchid Inn in Angeles City, PI, you will feel somewhat similar staying in this hotel, except this hotel is newer and equiped with better facilities.

They have German management and they live up to their standard; clean and loaded with good beer. Had one night started drinking ice cold draft and ended up with a bottle of Tequila with a bunch of girls. Not cheap but not stiff either. For me and my buddy, it was a good experience.

Will I stay there again next time I visit BKK? My answer is yes. In fact, I'm heading down again around second week of May and will stay there for a week.

Giotto
04-28-06, 05:17
Dear Coma Boy,

After posting those pictures yesterday it is clearly visible for everybody that you are working as a kind of undercover agent for our hotel competitors in this part of Bangkok. Admit it! You job is obviously to destroy the reputation of our awesome lodge.

Since a few weeks I try to set up a reasonable marketing concept for Livingstone’s Lodge here, and many people joined me to discuss important issues like the size of the swimming pool, katoeys in Jacuzzis and cardinal sins of hoteliers. I posted many pictures about Livingstone’s different entertainment sections and the rooms, I really worked hard to keep the thread informative and interesting.

And then you posted those pictures. What shall the innocent reader think now about our place? Livingstone’s, the place to meet ugly katoeys? Livingstone’s, lame gay hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 33? Livingstone’s, pick up brothel for elderly single 100-kg-and-more farang ladies?

To all who are concerned about Livingstone’s now I want to clarify:

- The katoeys working here in Livingstone’s are looking much more masculine than Coma Boy on that self-portrait picture. Strong serious faces, muscles everywhere, half of them are cut already, but some of them are in the early developing stage of their hormone therapy with small breast and beautiful male nipples.

- The gay parties organized from Piper1 and Meaty take normally place in the public area around the swimming pool during dining time. Guests can than directly throw up to their dinner plates, and we don’t have the mess then on the floors upstairs in the rooms. It is really good action, and there are not only 2 men involved in that. Most of them are playing naked in the swimming pool for hours. Furthermore the restriction for participants is a minimum weight of 120 kg, so you will never see an ugly skinny man like the left one that picture.

- We provide at least 25 ladies in the top quality range of that nice farang woman shown in the Jacuzzi. Enough service providers for everybody coming here. All our ladies have to undergo our Total Quality Management test which includes requirements of minimum age (55 years), the minimum downside hanging distance for breasts, the minimum number of fat roles around the hips and the stage of cellulites they need to provide.

I can assure everyone who comes here that Livingstone’s can provide much better quality of service providers and entertainment than shown on Coma Boys pictures.

Giotto

Giotto
04-28-06, 06:44
Anyway, all those photos were taken at Livingstones...

Damned, I should have known it better...

http://www.fln.vcu.edu/goethe/zauber_e3.html

Giotto

Giotto
04-28-06, 06:47
Livingstone’s Pool Party
=================

The last Saturday of the month is coming up, and everybody knows: That’s Livingstone's Pool Party Day!

On Saturday, 29.04.2006, 7.00 pm our monthly Swimming Pool Party will take place at Livingstone’s Lodge, Sukhumvit Soi 33. Relax and have your dinner first, the events will start around 8:30 - 9:00 pm.

On the agenda:

- All-You-Can-Eat Buffet
- Caberet Show
- Games in and around the Swimming Pool
- Sexy Girls around the Pool
- Disco in the Sports Lounge

On the screens we will show the top sports events of the day:

6:00 PM: CHELSEA vs. MANCHESTER UNITED

8:30 PM: LIVERPOOL vs. ASTON VILLA

We are sure that we will have some fun, and most of us will end up in the pool during that night.

The Management

http:/www.livingstones.co.th

Giotto
04-28-06, 08:10
Last Monday. Normally Mondays are quiet days. There are some Mondays which are busy, when groups of business travelers are coming in, invited by their hosts, mainly Japanese. But normally Mondays are slow.

Last Monday. 7 pm. It is really earlyt. The Sports Lounge in Livingstone’s Lodge is packed to the rim. The staff is surprised. Chaos. Why? What has happened? Why this sudden interest in our place? And, why are all this middle aged Farang (and some Thai) women doing here? Of course – our food is outstanding, but…???.

I was sitting outside at the swimming pool, LMAO. I think I was the only one in Livingstone’s who knew what had happened. The story started early Monday morning:

In a local Bangkok website forum somebody posted, that Livingstone’s Sports Lounge were quite busy the Sunday night before. And – that we had some distinguished guests that night: THE Mick Jagger and entourage.

I first replied there, that I did not see him, but the hints got more detailed: About a black BMW limousine he was picked up with when leaving Livingstones, his entourage in a luxury van…and “Keith” was also seen with him. - I change my posting strategy to “No comment”. And I think I don’t have to explain why…we talked about discretion levels already :) .

We saw the results that Monday night. Many new faces I have never seen in Livingstone’s before. They were basically occupying the Sports Lounge and tables around the Swimming Pool – and they were waiting...and waiting… And after some hours (and some drinks) they left again, may be disappointed? Mick Jagger did not show up … that Monday.

Our bar manager topped the story. Around 10 pm I talked to him: “Has somebody today asked you for a guy named Mick? “ No, but 2 of our customers were waiting for Michel (who is one of our regular customers). And he had told them that Michael did not show up yet, but may be he would come later… :) !!!

Who knows how all that will end? Will Mick Jagger be here tomorrow and participate on our Swimming Pool Party? Will he expose his sexy body to drive all our Thai Lady’s crazy? Will he show us his “rolling stones”? Will he/they jump into the Pool? And – will he survive?

All that questions – and many others – will be answered: Tomorrow night, during the Swimming Pool Party!

Giotto

Giotto
04-28-06, 09:04
Stayed in Livingstone for a few days.

Excellent room condition. Had a minor problem with bed sheets smell but the staffs were so attentitive to fix the problem in minutes. Everyone spoke good/reasonable English to answer all your questions. The Sports Bar has great atmosphere; looking through the illuminated swimming pool with beautiful girls. It really turned out to be much better than the pictures that Giotto was showing. If anyone here stayed in Orchid Inn in Angeles City, PI, you will feel somewhat similar staying in this hotel, except this hotel is newer and equiped with better facilities.

They have German management and they live up to their standard; clean and loaded with good beer. Had one night started drinking ice cold draft and ended up with a bottle of Tequila with a bunch of girls. Not cheap but not stiff either. For me and my buddy, it was a good experience.

Will I stay there again next time I visit BKK? My answer is yes. In fact, I'm heading down again around second week of May and will stay there for a week.

Da Pimp,

thanks for your report.

Oh yes, the bed sheet smelling problem in your room, we remember that. We tried to find out why the maids did not recognize this, that we could react preemptively...but this is Thailand. We installed a daily room check by the management now, including a "smell" test...

Good to hear that you will be back soon, there will be a availibility for you - for sure.

BTW: We already ordered another truck load of Tequila :) .

The Management

Giotto
04-28-06, 09:07
You tease!! I think for that bears are in order.

The World,

we would never ever tease a guest of our house! No! That belongs to the 100,000 cardinal sins of a hotelier! :)

The Management

Giotto
04-28-06, 17:12
All,

we fixed our website 2 weeks ago, and also added a reservation request page.

It is up and running, and we get E-Mails from the website every day.

BUT - I GOT UP TO NOW 3 PMs from ISG members complaining that we did not answer. In none of this cases we had received an E-Mail from our website.

I apologize to all 3 of you, and to all the others, who had the same problem and (may be) gave up frustrated.

Please, help me to fix the problem. If we do not reply within 24 hours (normally much faster) send a PM to me, or send an E-Mail to

info@livingstones.co.th

It is NOT THAT WE ARE TOO LAZY to answer, there is a technical problem somewhere, and we must find out what causes that problem.

Thank you very much for your support.

Giotto

LittleBigMan
04-28-06, 19:35
Giotto,

Being somewhat of a laundry expert having worked in the laundry room when I use to live in the big house. If this is the same smell and I have encounter it a few times in Thailand hotel it is the people ( in house or out house ) doing the washing of your sheets. When they clean your sheets and forget about them and they sit in water for a period of time you get this somewhat stale smell and it take a few washing to get rid of it!

When the place was mention nearly 2 years ago under a different name I visit the place and found it to be nice and cozy! The front reminded me of going to summer camp! but the 3 visits I made since that time to check the progress I found each time that the place was empty and the progress to complete the rooms seem like it was never going to happen.

I congratulate you on getting the place up and running for me it's a place to have fun and not be seen. but that might change if it gets too popular.
Planning to be in town on May 17th for the day and night ( Wednesday ) anything going on that particular evening?

Thanks and enjoy,
LBM

Giotto
04-29-06, 04:28
Giotto,

Being somewhat of a laundry expert having worked in the laundry room when I use to live in the big house. If this is the same smell and I have encounter it a few times in Thailand hotel it is the people ( in house or out house ) doing the washing of your sheets. When they clean your sheets and forget about them and they sit in water for a period of time you get this somewhat stale smell and it take a few washing to get rid of it!

When the place was mention nearly 2 years ago under a different name I visit the place and found it to be nice and cozy! The front reminded me of going to summer camp! but the 3 visits I made since that time to check the progress I found each time that the place was empty and the progress to complete the rooms seem like it was never going to happen.

I congratulate you on getting the place up and running for me it's a place to have fun and not be seen. but that might change if it gets too popular.
Planning to be in town on May 17th for the day and night ( Wednesday ) anything going on that particular evening?

Thanks and enjoy,
LBM

LittleBigMan,

Thanks for the congratulations.

I was not involved in that smell issue, I was only surprised when I heard about it. Everything is completely new here, so how can something smell? And - why did nobody realize it during the daily room service and checks, all the sheets are changed every day...not understandable for me.

The development of the object indeed lasted long, for various reasons. It does not work if you try to manage such an object from far away - you must be on site and check the progress every day. Now most of it is completed, but we still have so many plans...

Right now we are working on the internal organization - I try to implement SOPs, job descriptions and quality management. It is fascinating to look into the faces of our management, when I talk about it - and I can see that they have no clue what I am talking about. "SOPs? Can I eat that?"

Anyway - we have 18 rooms, it is not that much. And even it all rooms are occupied you still don't feel that there are too many people here - I am not concerned about that his place becomes too popular. Lot's of people in the restaurant and Sports Lounge is good - who wants to dine and have fun in an empty place?

Wednesday, the 17th: Nothing special going there, business as usual.

Thanks again, and come back soon!

Giotto