PDA

View Full Version : Rookie's Questions about Bangkok

Pages : [1] 2

Giotto
02-19-07, 10:20

Khushi39
02-19-07, 13:54
Giotto,

Reading your reports is a treat and you seem to be an expert on LOS. I am planning to be in LOS in the first week of March for 4-5 days. Please advise and if not too much trouble me make me an itinerary and a list "MUST DO's" in the Land Of Smiles. Would Bangkok be enough or should I travel to other places?

Fun Times69
02-19-07, 21:38
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=562072&postcount=2590

An excellent checklist by Asia Traveller 2 that has been added to the reports of distinction in the Thailand Thread.

AsiaTraveler2
02-20-07, 01:04
Giotto,

Reading your reports is a treat and you seem to be an expert on LOS. I am planning to be in LOS in the first week of March for 4-5 days. Please advise and if not too much trouble me make me an itinerary and a list "MUST DO's" in the Land Of Smiles. Would Bangkok be enough or should I travel to other places?

Khushi39,

With only 4-5 days, I would suggest you enjoy BKK only. It's too short to be traveling around too much. You will lose too much time just getting to the other places like Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Phuket, etc. Bangkok alone, can take weeks to explore.

AT2

Giotto
02-20-07, 09:46
... Please advise and if not too much trouble me make me an itinerary and a list "MUST DO's" in the Land Of Smiles. Would Bangkok be enough or should I travel to other places?...Khushi39,

Not easy to answer this question, what are you interested in? Thai culture, temples, beaches, countryside, nightlife - what is it?

Giotto

Dah1973
02-21-07, 12:31
Thanks Giotto for thread.

Have been trolling through various sites and threads about the Songkran period in Thailand.

Due to work commitments I could not book differently and Songkran is smack in the middle of my 20 days stay in Thailand. What I planned to do was stay a couple of days in Bangkok and arrange my onward travel.

Now some questions:

How is the Hotel availability in general, do I have to book way in advance?
A lot of Thais will be traveling during this period (I guess), how is the situation with flights (Thais mostly travel over land?).

Read reports that a lot of BG's will be traveling back home, so low availability. Can't guess it is that bad?

I have read about the custom of water sprikling upto buckets of water poured on you. Is this a 24 hour thing, day and night. Or are there like "cease fire" times when you could go out without being drenched.

Finally, where would be the best place to spend Songkran (apart from your hotel room being afraid of gettig wet;-))

Will definetly visit the Livingstone Lodge, as I want to see this african theme of yours.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Khushi39
02-21-07, 17:21
Giotto,

NightLife, rather mongering is the purpose of this visit.

Giotto
02-22-07, 07:02
...NightLife, rather mongering is the purpose of this visit.Khushi39,

this report gives a good overview about the options:

http://www.internationalsexguide.in...&postcount=2590.

Cannot really give you a "must do" list, but as a Bangkok rookie you should try to find out first what your preferences are:

- Check out Soi Nana, Soi Cowboy and Soi 33 in the first night, and you will know what style of bar you prefer. Find out whether you like shows (Angelwitch in Nana, Long Gun/Suzie Wong in Soi Cowboy).

- Check out the afternoon action in Biergarten Soi 7 and Gulliver Soi 5, and the lower Sukhumvit area street walkers.

- If you like discos check out CM2 in Novotel and Spasso in Hyatt Eriwan.

- Oil Massage: Start with Orient Massage and Angels (Soi 26).

- Soapy massage: Darling and Poseidon.

If you checked all that your 5 days are over. Then you know approx. 0.1 % of what can be discovered here in Bangkok.

Giotto

Giotto
02-22-07, 07:18
Dah1973,

some answers below:

How is the Hotel availability in general, do I have to book way in advance?
A lot of Thais will be traveling during this period (I guess), how is the situation with flights (Thais mostly travel over land?).Hotel availability is usually not a problem. Sonkhran marks the end of the high season in Bangkok/Pattaya, but if you book right now there should not be any problem to get a room in all categories.

Correct, Thais are travelling, and it will be difficult to get flights to Chiang Mai during this period. And correct - most of the Thais are traveling by car during that time.

Read reports that a lot of BG's will be traveling back home, so low availability. Can't guess it is that bad?Our experience here in Livingstone's is that approx. 30 % of the girls go home during Sonkhran. But there are still enough left. Anyway - it makes sense to find a girl before that period and stay with her some days, it is also fun to move around through Bangkok together with somebody, in the daytime.

I have read about the custom of water sprikling upto buckets of water poured on you. Is this a 24 hour thing, day and night. Or are there like "cease fire" times when you could go out without being drenched.It usually SHOULD end when it gets dark. Here in Soi 33, as a more Thai cultivated area, this is still customs. In Soi Cowboy it then really starts...things get more and more out of control due to foreigners playing the water games during this time.

You basically CANNOT go out during that time without being drenched. Just be prepared that it can happen everywhere anytime.

Finally, where would be the best place to spend Songkran (apart from your hotel room being afraid of gettig wet;-))If you like the water battlefield: Khaosan Road!!! It starts there at noon, and I was never there when it ended late night. Patpong is also very good for the nightly water battle, the market there does not even open during Sonkhran.

If you don't like the water battlefield - New York would be a good place to be then. Or may be Singapore :).

Giotto

Dah1973
02-22-07, 13:33
Giotto.

Thanks for the great info. Maybe I should book Livingstones over Songkran, as you have all "services" needed inhouse. Still have to get my head straight on my travel plans.

Giotto
02-23-07, 09:06
Thanks for the great info. Maybe I should book Livingstones over Songkran, as you have all "services" needed inhouse. Still have to get my head straight on my travel plans.Dah1973,

You are welcome. If you are a Bangkok rookie book here, we then can help you making the right decisions for that rough days.

But you should also be able to find what you are looking for if you stay somewhere in the lower Sukhumvit area.

Hope to see you here, at least for a beer.

Giotto

Delwand
02-24-07, 20:42
Well Im not really a rookie to Bangkok however in this case Im stearing kind of blind. I was originally set to visit Bangkok in early April but now because of my job I had to re-scheduele my trip to mid may instead. Now my question is, how is the selection during the low season?

I've only visited Thailand during the absolute peak times before ( dec - feb ).

Will I be dissapointed with the quality and quantity of ladies available?

Are the bars around soi cowboy, NEP, soi6 etc open during the low season?

Is the selection in the fishbowls slim during this time?

If Giotto or any other kind soul could answer any of these questions I'd be very grateful and will definately buy a round or 2 when I arrive :)

Giotto
02-25-07, 11:20
Delwand,

Some answers below:

Will I be dissapointed with the quality and quantity of ladies available?No, you will not be disappointed, there are not so many girls in the bars, but also much less customers. So all in alll the selection options are still good. No quality problems either, if there is one it is the same in the high season.

Are the bars around soi cowboy, NEP, soi6 etc open during the low season?All bars are open.

Is the selection in the fishbowls slim during this time?Yes, slimmer, but only in those places frequently visited by western customers. Usually the massage parlours have a lot Asian customers, and they are still here during the low season.

If Giotto or any other kind soul could answer any of these questions I'd be very grateful and will definately buy a round or 2 when I arrive :)Thanks. Don't worry about that, just come over here and have some fun.

Giotto

RogueTrader8888
03-04-07, 01:28
Can you recommend a good place that offers body-to-body slip & slide oil massage? Saw a slip on the internet and it seems like a must do activity in Bangkok.

Giotto
03-04-07, 08:45
Can you recommend a good place that offers body-to-body slip & slide oil massage? Saw a slip on the internet and it seems like a must do activity in Bangkok.RogueTrader8888,

Angels (Soi 26) and Tulip (Thong Lor) offer that for sure - talk to the receptionist once you enter the place, before you select a girl.

Giotto

Freeman 418
03-06-07, 12:57
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=562072&postcount=2590

An excellent checklist by Asia Traveller 2 that has been added to the reports of distinction in the Thailand Thread.

Thanks a lot for starting this thread, and the info in it..

I've been to BKK 3x already, and 4th coming up in March.. however, I'm nowhere near complete in checking off lists such as the above..

Member #3397
03-14-07, 18:09
Hi everybody,

It's my first post here - and in a week first visit to BKK.

I'll stay in Sukhimvit area and I;ve a question about party schedule at Q-bar - is it worth to go there at any day of week? It will be nice to pick-up nice FL but I'm afraid when I go on Wednesday the choice & quality can be poor.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jerry

Giotto
03-15-07, 07:07
I'll stay in Sukhimvit area and I;ve a question about party schedule at Q-bar - is it worth to go there at any day of week? It will be nice to pick-up nice FL but I'm afraid when I go on Wednesday the choice & quality can be poor.
...Jerry99,

Q-Bar is not really a pick-up joint. There might be some semi-professionals / professionals around, but it is not a place where you openly discuss ST/LT rates with a girl. Things work differently there...

They have a reasonable crowd during all week, but it is packed on Fridays and Saturdays. Personally - I don't like the place.

Giotto

Silly Fool
03-15-07, 12:08
Jerry99,

Q-Bar is not really a pick-up joint. There might be some semi-professionals / professionals around, but it is not a place where you openly discuss ST/LT rates with a girl. Things work differently there...

They have a reasonable crowd during all week, but it is packed on Fridays and Saturdays. Personally - I don't like the place.

Giotto
At 500 baht cover charge this is not a freelancers type of place-but you will see a lot of farangs of all ages take their LONs there for a dance or a drink. Like Giotto, i would hit one of the locals nightclubs-forget the language problems and just smile the night away. It will be reciprocated

Member #3397
03-15-07, 17:52
At 500 baht cover charge this is not a freelancers type of place-but you will see a lot of farangs of all ages take their LONs there for a dance or a drink. Like Giotto, i would hit one of the locals nightclubs-forget the language problems and just smile the night away. It will be reciprocatedThanks guys for you advices. Could you recommend some special clubs (e.x. your likes) ? Sorry for nooby questions, but I want to have good time in BKK.

Giotto
03-17-07, 08:38
Thanks guys for you advices. Could you recommend some special clubs (e.x. your likes) ? Sorry for nooby questions, but I want to have good time in BKK.Jerry99,

try "CM2" in the basement of Novotel, Siam Square. More expensive "Spasso", Hyatt Eriwan Hotel.

Giotto

ArchieLeach
03-27-07, 02:23
I'm familiar with all the usual routines in BKK, and love them.

But I'm curious about some other services that I don't normally see discussed in Bangkok.

1) In HK and SNG there are Health Centers where you can get a shower, steambath, sauna, hot tub, great massage and some pampering while sitting in a nice comfortable robe, being treated like a king (and then a HJ relief as well). I've never seen this in BKK. Are there places like this in BKK?

2) Most of the action in BKK also seems to be pretty "normal". I mean considering how wild the P4P scene is in BKK, I'm always surprised how relatively "straight" the sex is. I don't mean straight as opposed to gay. I mean straight as opposed to kinky. It all seems to be pretty tame (with the slight exception of Eden, but even that's pretty routine stuff isn't it? ) Now I'm pretty routine and boring myself. I'm not particularly adventurous, but I'm still surprised there's not more kinky stuff going on. Is it just me, or is everyone else as boring as I am? I might be up for trying something if it were available, but it doesn't seem to be. Maybe it's because the girls are all Buddhist and there's some prohibition against Kink that I don't know about. How do Germans get off? LOL JK

Giotto
03-27-07, 09:44
1) In HK and SNG there are Health Centers where you can get a shower, steambath, sauna, hot tub, great massage and some pampering while sitting in a nice comfortable robe, being treated like a king (and then a HJ relief as well). I've never seen this in BKK. Are there places like this in BKK? ArchieLeach,

There are SPAs and some saunas, but I never found a real good one here in Bangkok. Many good SPAs (no special). The HK style of sauna - I did not find anything comparable to that here. Soapies and Oil Massage places, that is the basic business here.

2) Most of the action in BKK also seems to be pretty "normal". I mean considering how wild the P4P scene is in BKK, I'm always surprised how relatively "straight" the sex is. I don't mean straight as opposed to gay. I mean straight as opposed to kinky. It all seems to be pretty tame (with the slight exception of Eden, but even that's pretty routine stuff isn't it? ) Now I'm pretty routine and boring myself. I'm not particularly adventurous, but I'm still surprised there's not more kinky stuff going on. Is it just me, or is everyone else as boring as I am? I might be up for trying something if it were available, but it doesn't seem to be. Maybe it's because the girls are all Buddhist and there's some prohibition against Kink that I don't know about. How do Germans get off? LOL JKI can assure you, that Germans get off somehow, and some of them write about it in the forum. I consider that to be part of my privacy, and only recommend places where you can find women.

"Straight" - no way. It depends on your behavior, whether you are able to wake the woman in your Thai companion up. If you make it - I assure you that you will not sleep, and you will beg her later in the night to stop, and give you a break. Thai women in general really like sex.

I think many tourist which are picking a bar girl from the pole or in a beer bar for a few hundred baht really miss the experience. So much more what you get when you treat the lady like a queen for a few hours only - you will get it back later in the night 100 times.

Giotto

Khushi39
03-30-07, 17:54
Giotto

You are the man for Bangkok! I am finally going to make it to LOS. Arriving Wednesday morning, want to drop by to share a beer with you and tell you that you have made me an avid reader and keen to travel to Bangkok. Whats a good time to drop by?

Heyholetsgo
03-31-07, 01:02
Hey Giotto! I'm heading down for my debut thai trip to have a relaxing easter break. Am picking hotels now and do you know if the metropolitan is girl-friendly? Which of the more high-end hotels would not bother me? Many tks, will stop by for a beverage next week.

Giotto
03-31-07, 08:29
Giotto

You are the man for Bangkok! I am finally going to make it to LOS. Arriving Wednesday morning, want to drop by to share a beer with you and tell you that you have made me an avid reader and keen to travel to Bangkok. Whats a good time to drop by?Khushi39,

I am in Samet next week, back Thursday night. Any time then.

Giotto

Giotto
03-31-07, 08:30
Hey Giotto! I'm heading down for my debut thai trip to have a relaxing easter break. Am picking hotels now and do you know if the metropolitan is girl-friendly? Which of the more high-end hotels would not bother me? Many tks, will stop by for a beverage next week.Heyholetsgo,

Sorry, no idea whether metropolitan is girl friendly.

Livingstone's Lodge is a hotel, and girl friendly.

www.livingstones.co.th

C U then next week.

Giotto

Silly Fool
03-31-07, 12:05
Thanks guys for you advices. Could you recommend some special clubs (e.x. your likes) ? Sorry for nooby questions, but I want to have good time in BKK.
Barfine one of Giottos fine ladies from the Sports lounge at Livingstones and ask her to take you to her favourite club. It will be one of your holidays highlights.

Giotto
03-31-07, 19:20
Barfine one of Giottos fine ladies from the Sports lounge at Livingstones and ask her to take you to her favourite club. It will be one of your holidays highlights.Jerry99,

Barfine me :) !!!

Giotto

ArchieLeach
04-01-07, 07:50
OK, now I've lost my appetite. : O JK

I bet Giotto does know all the places.

BTW, what's Sirocco like? I want to go take pictures there.

http://www.thedomebkk.com/web/sirc_home.html

And I've been to Supper Club in Amsterdam, I hear Bed Supperclub is just like it, but to be honest it actually looks a lot nicer than the original in AMS.

http://www.bedsupperclub.com/home.php

If anyone's up for it when I'm there, I'll go. We can take some ladies. WooHoo.

Member #3397
04-01-07, 11:21
Jerry99,

I've barfined somone else.

You know.

We had wonderful time at Hollywood.

But Q-bar I've visited too.

Duniawala
04-02-07, 18:43
Jerry99,

Giotto
Believe me Jerry99, don't make that mistake. I bar fined Giotto once, and I am regretting it to this day.

Member #3397
04-02-07, 21:31
Duniawala: I didn't. As stated below - I barfined someone else. for 100% it's a girl :)

Giotto
04-03-07, 13:16
Believe me Jerry99, don't make that mistake. I bar fined Giotto once, and I am regretting it to this day.Duniawala,

May I ask why you regret it TO THIS DAY?

Giotto

Giotto
04-03-07, 13:17
Duniawala: I didn't. As stated below - I barfined someone else. for 100% it's a girl :)Jerry99,

Thanks, now I feel better :) !

Giotto

Duniawala
04-03-07, 14:52
Duniawala,

May I ask why you regret it TO THIS DAY?

Giotto
Did I say to this day? Sorry, it was a typo. :D

No, the nightmares went away the day I took out the Pesky One. :):)

ArchieLeach
04-04-07, 05:59
Short Time / Long Time / "Flex Time" A new invention?

I would like to ask for some expert opinions.

I am uncomfortable sleeping (actually sleeping) with a woman in the bed. I’m used to living alone and it’s always been an issue. When I have girls over, I want them to leave. It’s always an uncomfortable situation. And it’s caused a lot of hard feelings with girls. Obviously they don’t like that. But I can’t sleep. I’m uncomfortable, self conscious, and anxious. I snore a lot, I like to toss and turn constantly etc etc etc. And the thought of getting up in the morning and getting ready for the day and sharing a bathroom is horrible.

This isn’t much of an issue mongering, except for LT. For these reasons I hardly ever take a girl LT. But it’s clearly the best value. And the idea of having a girl there at night for a shot or two and then one more in the morning before starting the day is great. I’m sure that’s why most people like it. You start and end your day on a good note. But my issues with having company make it awkward and uncomfortable.

So what’s always happened is that I go out and pick up a ST, then release her after about an hour (longer if I can get her to agree). Then I go to sleep and when I get up I have to start off looking for a place to go. So I usually go to a MP or something similar. It’s actually not bad. I like MPs (and Soapies in LOS). So it’s nice. But picking up a girl and bringing her back to the room is good also because it represents a good time and good value. So I’m happy.

But occasionally I would like to get the benefits of LT without the downside (trying not to drool on a SYT while I slip into a coma and snore like a dragon). Obviously that’s my dilemma. Of course, being a passionate monger and not just a passive bystander (and being someone who like a challenge), I decided to try to find a compromise (and convince everyone I was crazy at the same time).

So here’s my question, my suggestion, and my solicitation for your thoughts and opinions (and those of any WG you would care to bounce the idea off of):

I would like to hire BGs or FL for LT. But I don’t want to use all their time. I want to split it up and let them go for a while. Here’s what I mean; I would like to convince a girl to go LT and pay for LT. But I want her to leave after about two hours. She can go anywhere and do anything she wants. She can go get another ST customer. She can go eat, hang out with her friends, sleep, whatever. But all the time she is still on my LT clock. I’m just letting her have freedom of movement. But then, instead of having had her stay with me all night, I want her to return in the AM for an hour or so for another playdate. Basically I’m saying "Here, I will pay you as if you are here the whole time. You would agree to stay until 8 or 9 AM for LT. But instead I’m willing to let you go free from midnight until 8AM. Just come back by at 8AM and finish off our LT for an hour, then you’re off again".

So she could go get another customer for ST in the gap. Or she could get an LT customer if he’d agree to finish by 7: 30AM. Or she could go home and hang out or sleep in her own bed. But come back and finish our LT in the AM. Basically she gets an LT, with the freedom of a ST, the chance to make more money, but the agreement to finish in the AM for a pop.

Would they like this, or am I dreaming? And how on Earth would you explain it to a TG who hardly speaks English? I imagine a confused expression. As usual I think way too much about these things and once again fail to take the opportunity to just shut up, have a beer and relax. But that’s half the fun.

Your expert opinions would be appreciated.

Archie

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Thor93
04-04-07, 09:59
I suppose it is possible you could find some that would come back, but most TG's in the business would have a hard time understanding why you would turn them loose if you paid for long time. The risk is if you turn her loose early enough she can find another paying customer and forget all about you.

My bet is you would find this is percentage deal with some returning as requested but others never showing back up. Try it and let us know what the numbers are.

Duniawala
04-04-07, 15:17
I have to agree with Thor93 on this.

One thing I wasn't clear about. Do you not like the girl sleeping in the same bed or in the room. In case of former, why not take two beds in the room?

There is another approach. Develop a friendship with one particular girl, over a period of time. When you get to know each other well, she will most likey accommodate your request.

Happy hunting.

1Ball
04-04-07, 16:45
I have to agree that if you pay her the full LT rate as she leaves before you fall asleep, with the promise of an 8.00 AM return, the chances of her showing up are slim to none.

If however you give her 1/2 as she leaves, with the promise of the other 1/2 upon her return, your odds might improve dramatically.

The thing is, as she leaves you at midnight, she might hook up with a wild man, who wants to go out to an after hours bar, and bring her back to his place at 5.00 AM for some more fun. I doubt she will crawl out of bed at 8.00 AM, still drunk, to come see you again. You just don't know what she will be up to during your snoring hours, and therein lies the risk. But, at least, you are only out 1/2 the money.

Good luck.

Freeman 418
04-05-07, 15:00
This is a good idea, I hadn't thought of.. though would of course involve a fair amount of bargaining and even attempting to explain such a concept to a TG would be a frightening scenario. Of course, anything is possible in theory.. but in practice..

Like ArchieLeach, I don't often take LT.. I live a single life of freedom at home, and am used to sleeping on my own, and doing my own thing when travelling.
Each trip I will take 2 or so LTs just for the experience, but for me, since I'm not into screwing all night, or shots in the mornings.. (tends to make me too whiped out/tired during the day), I don't get the full value of the LT.. basically I'm paying to house her for the night.

Since most rooms only come with a king/queen bed.. the 2 bed thing wouldn't be so practical, but might be an option as 1Ball says. Asking her to meet at 8am in the morning would also be extremely hard to do, since 1) as you know, TGs (esp. bargirls) like sleeping until around 1pm (I often have to kick them out of my bed around midday since I'm starving for food by then), and 2) between 12am - 5am in her "free time" as you say, she wouldn't be going home but working.. so slim chance she will take 2 hrs sleep then leave again for a session. Once they're out of your room, they're out.

Maybe take girls for LT you are def. comfortable to sleep with, get to know them, or else use the 2 bed option. Else, perhaps just chill-out with the morning urge, and save the enthusiasm for later that evening.

I have to agree that if you pay her the full LT rate as she leaves before you fall asleep, with the promise of an 8.00 AM return, the chances of her showing up are slim to none.

If however you give her 1/2 as she leaves, with the promise of the other 1/2 upon her return, your odds might improve dramatically.
Good luck.

Duniawala
04-05-07, 15:01
I have to agree that if you pay her the full LT rate as she leaves before you fall asleep, with the promise of an 8.00 AM return, ..................... .................................... You just don't know what she will be up to during your snoring hours, and therein lies the risk. But, at least, you are only out 1/2 the money.

Good luck.
Actually, you are better off as you will be the winner. If ST is 1000 and LT is 1500, then you would be out of only 750. Damn, why didn't I think of that?

1Ball
04-05-07, 17:48
Actually, you are better off as you will be the winner. If ST is 1000 and LT is 1500, then you would be out of only 750. Damn, why didn't I think of that?
Duni, you Cheap charlie, that is not what I meant. And for the record, I would never hand a TG 1500 for LT, that is just plain rude.

What I meant is you are going to have to book her for 2 ST sessions. It takes a lot more effort for a girl to get her ass out of bed at 8.00 AM, shower, put on her make up, get in a cab, and come on over to your room, to walk in to a situation where you are probably still sleeping, and hop into bed with you, morning breath and all, compared to you just rolling over, slipping on the rain coat and sliding it in, while she might still be partially asleep. In my opinion, it will actually cost you more than 2 ST, more like 2 1/2 due to the aggravation factor.

Your other possibility, once you have bought your DTAC SIM card, is to start compiling a list of phone numbers of TGs you meet along the way, assuming you are staying for more than 2 or 3 days. Call them the night before, and arrange for them to come see you at 8.00 AM. Again, a premium will have to be paid, as no self respecting bar girl wants to be out and about at that time. They like to sleep late. It will however, be hit and miss, as many will promise to be there, and not show up. I believe the key to success is based on the time you call them. If you call her at 7.00 PM, and she tells you she is at home, hanging out, with no plans to go out that night, then you have a good chance she might show up, assuming of course, she is telling you the truth. But in my opinion, it is always better to be safe than sorry, so booking 2 might be a good idea. If by chance, both of them show up, then, (oh, I'm sorry, is that a problem?) :)

Third choice, just grab the lotion, and have at it. ;)

ArchieLeach
04-05-07, 21:09
Glad to see I’ve sparked some curiosity.

ST’s fine, and I love going to the MPs in the AM (ok, it’s more like Noon or early afternoon), but I’m always looking to make things more perfect. I’m always pushing the envelope. To me that’s what makes it all so fun (oh, and the sex part is pretty good too).

2 Beds = Not an option for me. It's just having her in there that's the stressful part. I'm used to living alone and being a disgusting male without concern for grossing out a poor unsuspecting TG with my impressive feats of flatulence or random scratchings. Don't misunderstand, I'm actually quite clean and reserved in such things, but still, what you can do when no one's around is incomparable to what you can do when a woman's in the room, even if she is a WG. I'm not the type of person to treat her much differently than any woman who would be there. So the unease is the same whether she’s a BG or a girl at home who I’ve known for years. Not to put too fine a point on it, but I don't see how you guys can get up in the morning and shit, shower, and shave with a chick in the room. I hate that.

As I see it from your postings, the two most difficult things are:

1) Getting an open and clear line of communication with a BG to the point of fully developing the game plan without losing a salient point along the way.

2) Getting a TG to actually shake her little ass back to my place in the AM.

Obstacles to overcome indeed, but financial and sexual bliss await their resolution.

Or, I could just follow 1Ball’s suggestion and shag ‘em silly at night and juice the Jurgens on the AM.

Giotto
04-06-07, 07:37
Actually, you are better off as you will be the winner. If ST is 1000 and LT is 1500, then you would be out of only 750. Damn, why didn't I think of that?Sir,

Correct, I like that model, too. Don't listen to the Vice President, this is what we call "Efficiency Economy" here in Thailand. Now I understand it :) !

Giotto

Duniawala
04-06-07, 14:56
Duni, you Cheap charlie, that is not what I meant. And for the record, I would never hand a TG 1500 for LT, that is just plain rude.
Hey, me no cheap charlie. With the dollar going down, it is getting more and more expensive. Hmm…… maybe the TGs should have their rates set in US Dollars, just like some hotels.:)

1Ball
04-06-07, 14:58

Sir,

Correct, I like that model, too. Don't listen to the Vice President, this is what we call "Efficiency Economy" here in Thailand. Now I understand it :) !
Giotto

Good to know the price of the girls in the sports lounge have come down to realistic levels. I am sure they are delighted to know they can now be had for the measly sum of 1500 LT, or can be booted out in the middle of the night with with a purple, 2 reds and a blue, and asked to come back a few hours later for the same princely sum.

Duni, the international currency problems are of no concerns to a TG. How much does an order of Som Tam cost? That is the important stuff. And they pay for it in Thai Baht, not US$. And no offense, but 1500 LT IS Cheap Charlie, unless she gets 500 for taxi ;)

Duniawala
04-06-07, 15:02
Actually, I have had a couple of girls from the lounge at 1500 LT. Rest were like 2,000. Sorry, but I am not going to say who. Don't want to upset the cart.

1500 LT from the Thermae is quite common though.

Giotto
04-06-07, 17:34
Actually, I have had a couple of girls from the lounge at 1500 LT. Rest were like 2,000. Sorry, but I am not going to say who. Don't want to upset the cart.
Sir,

That were the special TQM prices!!! I thought you knew that...

Giotto

Traveler1234
04-06-07, 17:44
Sir,
That were the special TQM prices!!! I thought you knew that...
Giotto

Duni failed to mention the barfine was B3,000 :D

Giotto
04-06-07, 19:32
Duni failed to mention the barfine was B3,000 :DTraveler1234,

and the doubled room rates... :)

Giotto

Duniawala
04-07-07, 16:32
Traveler1234,

and the doubled room rates... :)

Giotto
Bestards!:)

Traveler1234
04-07-07, 17:14
Bestards!:)

Double room rate for the damn dungeon...man, that is really over the top ;D

Giotto
04-09-07, 10:09
Double room rate for the damn dungeon...man, that is really over the top ;DMr. Marketing Director,

Correct, we should have tripled the room rate :) .

Giotto

Duniawala
04-09-07, 14:36
Mr. Marketing Director,

Correct, we should have tripled the room rate :) .

Giotto
And after all that I have done for the Lodge and its Master, this is how I get paid. :(:(

Traveler1234
04-12-07, 16:42
Mr. Chairman and Owner:

Can i suggest that each room is provided with one of these new gadgets:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=585137&postcount=2778

NicFrenchy
04-12-07, 17:24
Mr. Chairman and Owner:

Can I suggest that each room is provided with one of these new gadgets:
But wait, instead of this device, why not provide a naked Tilac photographer?

(as part of the hotel amenities of course)

Duniawala
04-13-07, 00:42
Mr. Chairman and Owner:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=585137&postcount=2778
ROFLMAO

The Marketing Director has now lost his head. Instead of promoting a 2nd TG in the room, he now wants to wank with one hand and shoot with the other. Ewww! :D

Traveler1234
04-13-07, 01:36
Hey, just ordered the 'pro' version, which includes a tripod.

Unfortunately leaving for HK tomorrow and won't have it in time to test.....if it works well, I think Piper will need to get one for his three and four somes.

And come to think of it, can bring to the sports bar and take pictures of myself along with ms nympho, pesky, J, etal, etal, etal ;)

Giotto
04-13-07, 07:04
Mr. Chairman and Owner:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=585137&postcount=2778Mr. Marketing Director,

not necessary. If you need a cameraman to make the nasty pictures - I volunteer! That belongs to the "special services" you can get at Livingstone's Lodge only :) .

Giotto

Sonic Bam
04-13-07, 08:32
Think you will need the tripod - with a camera on the end of a stick hand wobble will be a problem.

I'm sure Giotto could have loaned you a stick, some duct tape and a shaving mirror for the duration of you visit. Would have saved you money. How many of these things do you think they have sold?

I can just imagine some of the ladies reaction when you whip this piece of apparatus out. Picture the scene -

T1234 - "Hold on my darling, please stop sucking/bouncing/wriggling whilst I compose my picture. Please, stop now. Look, stop that and hold postion! Okay you can start again. Bugger, it is all blurred and how did that buffalo get in the picture?"
Young lady of choice - "Why does falang have camera on end of stick? Doesn't he want boom boom? My jaw starts to hurt."

T1234, what on earth did you enter into Google to find the site for this thing? Giotto, you could start a competition for people to post suggestions, I just tried a few and no hits (possibly not imaginative enough)! 1st prize, self portrait of T1234. 2nd prize, picture of T1234 and Giotto?

Traveler1234
04-13-07, 12:38
Think you will need the tripod - with a camera on the end of a stick hand wobble will be a problem.

I'm sure Giotto could have loaned you a stick, some duct tape and a shaving mirror for the duration of you visit. Would have saved you money. How many of these things do you think they have sold?

T1234, what on earth did you enter into Google to find the site for this thing? Giotto, you could start a competition for people to post suggestions, I just tried a few and no hits (possibly not imaginative enough)! 1st prize, self portrait of T1234. 2nd prize, picture of T1234 and Giotto?

Show us some of your pictures using your 'stick' and duct tape, or whatever....:(

Traveler1234
04-13-07, 15:30
ROFLMAO

The Marketing Director has now lost his head. Instead of promoting a 2nd TG in the room, he now wants to wank with one hand and shoot with the other. Ewww! :D

You forgot to mention the built in cameras in the dungeon...shall I share the film with everyone? :D :D :D

Duniawala
04-14-07, 09:31
You forgot to mention the built in cameras in the dungeon...shall I share the film with everyone? :D :D :D
There are cameras in the dungeon? Oh my gawd, what is this world coming to. George Orwell was right. Dr. G, please take down the cameras from the dungeon right away, please.

Giotto
04-15-07, 01:40
There are cameras in the dungeon? Oh my gawd, what is this world coming to. George Orwell was right. Dr. G, please take down the cameras from the dungeon right away, please.Sir,

Sorry, NO, NO. NO!!!

Giotto

Brain666
04-21-07, 06:30
Hey established members, your funny jokes about the cameras may make some of the rookies a bit confused even if it is basically obvious.

To bring you established visitors/ residents back to subject I would like to ask you for some homework.

As I am heading to LOS and the Lodge next Friday night (27th) and only have time until Tuesday I need to plan my schedule a bit in advance.

Last time I missed my soapy and massage schedule (except for Annie’s) as my LT girls stayed LTLTLT until late afternoon.

I RTFF'd the forum but I am not 100% clear as there are so many options and so many reports that it is hard to pick.

So I ask you experienced guys (incl. Giotto of course) to give me their ranking based on the 'today’s' assessment (as things change over time)

1) Real soapies (I want to enjoy long soapy body sliding from nice GFE type girls)
2) Massage places (Oil etc.) - Your top recommendation of Massage type and place and girls).

And of course I will do my reports, no doubt about it.

PM for secret hints would be appreciated if there are and of course I respect privacy conditions.

Regards

Brain666

ADDED 2 h later: Giotto, I will take your update massage guide into account of course.

Giotto
04-21-07, 09:03
1) Real soapies (I want to enjoy long soapy body sliding from nice GFE type girls)

2) Massage places (Oil etc.) - Your top recommendation of Massage type and place and girls).
...Brain666,

1) Darling Turkish Bath, Soi 12

Though it is not one of the huge places I like the mixture from massage and special services there.

2) Angel, Soi 24/1

In my opinion the Oil massage place with the best selection and good service.

Giotto

ArchieLeach
04-22-07, 00:05
Brain,

Giotto just recently did a mammoth review of MPs, it was great. Here's a link to that thread in the Bangkok Massage Parlors Forum:

Click Here! (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1421)

Thomasman
05-23-07, 00:13
Have read Giotto’s reports which are of great help but I am specifically looking for a soapy on an air mattress with the special Japanese Seaweed Gel. Does anyone know which places use this gel.

Champs1000
05-25-07, 00:59
Hi Giotto,

I am looking for information on 2 things.

1- I am a Canadian is it better for me to change my money in Baths in Canada or should I do it in Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket. If the answer is in a city in Thailand what is the best place that you woud recommend to change my Candian Dollars.
2- I need to buy a plane ticket from Bangkok to Pucket. I read thay it is better to buy the Ticket in Thailand and I would get a better price. Where do you recommend I buy this ticket in Bangkok.

Thanks.

PLease post the answer so that everyone can benifit but you can also send me a PM if you prefer.

Champs1000

Brain666
05-25-07, 02:30
Hi Giotto,

I am looking for information on 2 things.

1- I am a Canadian is it better for me to change my money in Baths in Canada or should I do it in Bangkok, Pattaya or Phuket. If the answer is in a city in Thailand what is the best place that you woud recommend to change my Candian Dollars.
2- I need to buy a plane ticket from Bangkok to Pucket. I read thay it is better to buy the Ticket in Thailand and I would get a better price. Where do you recommend I buy this ticket in Bangkok.

Thanks.

PLease post the answer so that everyone can benifit but you can also send me a PM if you prefer.

Champs1000

Not intending to overwrite Giottos 'master answer', but this is how I do/ did:

1) with an ATM card (Should be with maestro, Cirrus or such) you are always better to withdrawl Thai Baht from the ATM's which spread widely around Thailand. The exchange rate you get is always better then you get at Aiports, banks etc. at home. Withdrawl by credit card (they charge higher fees as w/o Maestro etc.) is still cheaper and as highest equal to cash exchange. So for me only ATM is the way to go. You can directly withdrawl at Bangkok airport.

2) Buying a ticket in Bangkok doesn't necessarily men that you have to be in Country or even visit a travel agency. A budget airline like 'Air Asia' has its website where you can book your flights in advance, pay by credit card, print out your E-ticket (the Air asia E-Ticket even includes a Bar code foe easy checkin) and thats it.
Paid in the most expensive mid day period 1200 baht + Taxes = 1800 Baht 1 Way Bangkok --> Pukhet

regards

Brain666

PassinThrough
05-25-07, 06:25
One thing to be aware of when using ATM cards is that most banks add a minimum of a 1% charge for international transactions. So if you take out $250 canadian it will actually take out $252.50. In my opinion this is still better than using a foreign exchange but some times the bank doesn't give a great exchange rate. What I would do is bring some canadian cash with you, it is always better to do an exchange in the country you want the currency for. When you get here do a withdrawl using your ATM for say 2000 baht and then see how much came out of your account (assuming you can check your account online). From that you can check around at foreign exchanges and see if you can get a better deal. If not use the ATM and redeposit the cash when you get home.

PIT

Giotto
05-26-07, 11:16
...Champs1000,

1. Change money here in Thailand, not in Canada, not at the airport and not in hotels. If you have an ATM card - best solution to use it here. Exchange rates are generally better here in Thailand.

2. You can book a ticket here, easy, our front desk staff will help you with that.

C U soon.

Giotto

ArchieLeach
05-27-07, 17:16
Giotto,

Where is the nearest (most convenient) ATM to the hotel? Is there one at 7-11 on the corner?

Are there limits on daily withdrawal amounts? I usually do this while I travel instead of bringing traveler's checks or cash, but sometimes it is difficult to get enough money out of machines. Here is the US your bank puts a limit on how much you can take at one time to limit exposure to fraud. Mine does not limit me. But also sometimes the machine owners limit the amount a machine will give to more easily regulate when they need to refill.

I also own a few ATMs here as another side business, so I'm interested from that view as well.

Brain666
05-27-07, 19:15
Giotto,

Where is the nearest (most convenient) ATM to the hotel? Is there one at 7-11 on the corner?

Are there limits on daily withdrawal amounts? I usually do this while I travel instead of bringing traveler's checks or cash, but sometimes it is difficult to get enough money out of machines. Here is the US your bank puts a limit on how much you can take at one time to limit exposure to fraud. Mine does not limit me. But also sometimes the machine owners limit the amount a machine will give to more easily regulate when they need to refill.

I also own a few ATMs here as another side business, so I'm interested from that view as well.

The nearest I spottet was just accross 7-11 at the corner Soi 33/ Sukhumvit. Usually in each sky train station should be one at least.

Regardless of the card I used so far in Thailand I was limited to 10.000 baht each withdrawl. And I think this was by the local banks as my limit is much higher.

regards

Brain666

Giotto
05-27-07, 20:24

Are there limits on daily withdrawal amounts?
ArchieLeach,

At the corner of Soi 33 / Sukhumvit, there are 4 ATM machines.

The limit is (funny, but true) 20 banknotes (!). Usually the machines are filled with all kind of banknotes incl. 1000 baht notes, that means you can then get THB 20,000.00 as a maximum. If the machine runs out of those notes it can be that you can only get THB 2,000.00 (100 baht notes).

Giotto

Finrod
05-28-07, 04:48
I did once take out 13.000 baht from an ATM at the local BTS station near Soi 33. Believe that is the Phrom Phong station if memory serves me. Not remembering which bank's ATM that was.

Giotto
05-28-07, 05:55
I did once take out 13.000 baht from an ATM at the local BTS station near Soi 33. Believe that is the Phrom Phong station if memory serves me. Not remembering which bank's ATM that was.Finrod,

Correct. There are also ATMs at the BTS station, and then on the way back to Soi 33 are some more.

The closest to Livingstone's are at the corner of Soi 33 and Sukhumvit, not more than 200 m from here.

Giotto

Pier999
05-29-07, 21:33
I will be taking my first trip to BKK with a friend in June. We are both in our 30s and getting out of looong relationships. The plan is to party like rock stars. We thought it may be wise to spend half our time near NANA at the majestic suites and half at Livingstone near soi cowboy. Where should we start, NANA or SOI cowboy? Are the two places far from each other? The more I read ISG the more I second guess my judgment. Any pearls of wisdom would be great.

1Ball
05-29-07, 23:29
Pier999. Nana and Livingstone's really are not far enough from each other to warrant staying in both locations. Cowboy is pretty much in between them both. IMO, moving after a few days, to go stay 10 minutes away will be a pain in the ass. Pick one place, and you will see how easy it is to get to the other. I would suggest Livingstone's. Much more personal service than any hotel in the Nana area. Also a great pool area / resto where you can sit and relax and chat with girls, as it is 10 feet away from the Sports lounge.

If you must stay in Nana, Magestic Suites (MS) is old and run down, with small rooms. I would suggest the Majestic Grande. The other drawback to the MS is there really is no place to sit down and hang put, except the coffee shop. Do a search in the hotel thread, you will get tons of info about it.

Have fun.

Giotto
05-30-07, 11:12
I will be taking my first trip to BKK with a friend in June. We are both in our 30s and getting out of looong relationships. The plan is to party like rock stars. We thought it may be wise to spend half our time near NANA at the majestic suites and half at Livingstone near soi cowboy. Where should we start, NANA or SOI cowboy? Are the two places far from each other? The more I read ISG the more I second guess my judgment. Any pearls of wisdom would be great.Pier9999,

The Vice President (1Ball's) answered - nothing to add from my side.

I hope to see you here at Livingstone's.

Giotto

Fox Two
05-30-07, 22:29
...The plan is to party like rock stars.... Where should we start, NANA or SOI cowboy?

@Pier999,

When you say "party like rock stars" it can mean several things. Do you mean it as good times, lots of sex, lots of food/drinking in a friendly atmosphere? Then Livingstones is fine. If you mean lots of sex, out of control behavior, loud music til 6 AM then perhaps another place is in order, closer to Nana.

I get the feeling you are probably the former of the two, so Livingstones should be fine for you. Try that first and if it is too tame for your tastes check in to a hotel closer to Nana. There are plenty of hotels that are inexpensive and willingly take walk in reservations.

If you have a few days, you might also want to consider splitting your time between Bangkok and another place like the Samui/Phuket/Pattaya depending on what the ratio of action to relaxing scenery you are interested in. Giotto and others can fill you in when you get into town.

However you choose, enjoy your trip and don't forget to post your exploits.

Cheers,

Fox Two

Minty Polo
06-01-07, 23:23
I'm thinking of coming to Thailand this month for the first time but have a tendency to cum quickly. What would happen if I came twice in say 30 mins, would a session be deemed over and the lady leave (be it massage parlour or bar girl)?

Duniawala
06-02-07, 22:02
I'm thinking of coming to Thailand this month for the first time but have a tendency to cum quickly. What would happen if I came twice in say 30 mins, would a session be deemed over and the lady leave (be it massage parlour or bar girl)?
In a massage parlor, massage will continue for the time you paid for. So if you come quickly, and you have another hour left massage will still continue till the time is up. With the bar girl, she will probably leave, unless you have her for LT. In which case she will leave in the morning and you can get a few more shots.

May I suggest, however, that you experiment with Vitamin V. Should give you long lasting power. Start with a low dosage first. Note: Vit V (slidenfil) is not recommended if you have high blood pressure. In that case Cialis (Tadalfil) is recommended.

Welcome to LOS.

Petemcc
06-03-07, 00:44
In a massage parlor, massage will continue for the time you paid for. So if you come quickly, and you have another hour left massage will still continue till the time is up. With the bar girl, she will probably leave, unless you have her for LT. In which case she will leave in the morning and you can get a few more shots.

May I suggest, however, that you experiment with Vitamin V. Should give you long lasting power. Start with a low dosage first. Note: Vit V (slidenfil) is not recommended if you have high blood pressure. In that case Cialis (Tadalfil) is recommended.

Welcome to LOS.

There is no problem taking viagra with high blood pressure. Where the problem lies is if you take nitrates for angina, and if you don't believe me I can scan the page from a recent edition of MIMMS.

Tadalafil does the same thing as sildenafil-it works by inhibiting the same enzyme, PDE5, though the method is slightly different. It is also contra indicated if someone is on nitrates for angina

So, if you just have high BP, and no angina meds, there should be no problems whatsoever, but you see, that's why in civilised countries it is a prescription only medication so doctors can check you out first of all.

Duniawala
06-03-07, 16:01
Petemcc, thanks for the corrections.

Petemcc
06-03-07, 23:51
Petemcc, thanks for the corrections.

It's my pleasure, glad I can be of some use stuck over here 7 months from heaven!

Raphael Lovaa
06-05-07, 01:48
Where is the best place to find some non or semi pro girl in Bangkok area? I just went to the massage parlour during my last journey in bk.

I woud like to bring a girl in my hotel, but the pro are usally not really gfe. I know this question might be stupid because it depend of the chemistry beetween the two person.

But if anybody can help, sugest me a bar or place I particular.

Rapha

Giotto
06-05-07, 06:11
Raphael Lovaa,

Basically all the RCA area, and you can try Q-Bar.

Giotto

Where is the best place to find some non or semi pro girl in Bangkok area? I just went to the massage parlour during my last journey in bk.

Raphael Lovaa
06-06-07, 00:55
Thank you for your help giotto, I saw a report about rca, that suposed it the " place to be " if you want partying with the local in bk is it easy to go there by BTS? And do you need to be well Dress? For going to the Qbar it seem to be? What the best time to find some girl during the week, I guess Friday or Saturday night? I don't know anything about Bk night life.

Pier999
06-06-07, 03:19
1Baller & Fox 2 thanks for the input. I think after 27 hrs. of travel time Livingstone sounds like a good place to relax, recharge and start my 10 day vacation. I get the impression that there is plenty of action on premises or within walking distance, bars & massage joints, and 10 minutes from NaNa & Soi Cowboy. After recovering from my long journey I think the 2nd and last weekend in Bangkok should be spectacular. I don’t mind splurging, though nothing crazy. Can anyone recommend a hotel/ gogo/ restaurant/ club / events, other then Thai boxing which is a given/ etc. that would be a memorable farewell to this great city. I appreciate any input and anxiously anticipate submitting my reports.

Pittsdaulga
06-07-07, 00:58
My friend and I just came from the Lodge two weeks ago and we too had quite a long travel time ourselves. The Lodge is a prefect place to go after the long flight. We came in about midnight and checked in, dropped our bags at the room and went straight to the sports bar on site.

Lovely women and a warm welcome were had as we stepped into the bar. Within 30-40 mins a very nice girl came over to us and we started to flirt. Upon my friends’ insistence we (she and I) retired to my room where she introduced me to her culture.

Please understand that I refrain from using any of the girls names as I have a deep regard for their well being and character. The women at the Sports Bar are much different than that you find at Soi Cowboy or Nana.

Please note, I had not the chance to see/visit Nana, but if anything, that should tell you something about the girls at the lodge. I had very little desire to seek Nana after meeting the girls at the Lodge.

I hope this helps you and others Pier. Have yourself a great time!

Pitts

PassinThrough
06-07-07, 10:23

I woud like to bring a girl in my hotel, but the pro are usally not really gfe. I know this question might be stupid because it depend of the chemistry beetween the two person.
Rapha

Raphael,

I am not sure where you live but you will find many of the girls in Bangkok give whaty is considered GFE service, even the ones working the bars. I have always had a good time with girls from Livingstones, Soi Cowboy and Nana. I picked up a girl from Nana last year that was so great we stayed together during my whole trip, I could not have asked for a nicer, cuter and hornier girl. If you want to get all services I would go to Eden club, there is a lot about that on the boards so I won't go into details. My advice is talk to the girl before you bar fine her, be upfront about what you want to do and don't be afraid to change girls if she doesn't want to do that. Just be polite and maybe buy her a drink before you let her go.

Have a great time in BKK, though I don't know how you couldn't

PIT

PassinThrough
06-07-07, 10:24
Pitts,

Glad you and the guys got home safe and sound. Tell them I said Hi. It was great hanging out with you. I am still at Livingstones and having a great time. Drop me an email when you get a chance.

PIT

Raphael Lovaa
06-08-07, 02:33
Hi Pit,

Thnx for the tips, it true that my last journey in bk was a short trip I had a connexition to vietnam and I only stay two days in bk so I just try th e masage parlor "the embassy" the prestation was nice but the girl wasn't gfe at all so was abit disapointed.

But after reading you report I am sur that I have some good time.

Now I have to find the one. Thai girl are so lovely LOL.

I will keep you in touch guy's.

By the way can you tell wich is the closer bts station.

Yin Yang
06-08-07, 08:49
By the way can you tell wich is the closer bts station.
Raphael,

if you're looking for the Eden Club, it's about half-way down Sukhumvit Soi 7/1, very near Nana BTS Station. However, if you're after GFE, it probably isn't the place to go: Eden specializes (and excels) in sessions with two ladies including all extras. Thus it's more like a porn than like a GF experience, IMHO.

YY

Pier999
06-10-07, 13:37
I am an avid world traveler and often by myself, but my travel companion and friend has little experience outside the State we live in. He has expressed a great deal of anxiety when I tell him that we my separate for a number of reasons (girls being the greatest reason) and he may have to find his way to and from nana, soi cowboy, etc. He has express fear of getting lost and or being a victim of crime. Is Bangkok any different them lets say New York City when dealing with these concerns? Staying at Livingstone, I would like to know how far and difficult is it to get to and from nana and cowboy ie. 50 yards, get on train for 2/3 stops and you’re their, less then 5/10 min. I always carry my hotel’s card so I can take a cab. Does my friend have legitimate concerns? Can some one recommend a mapquest type website so I can print accurate maps with directions?

Pittsdaulga
06-11-07, 04:56
Pier999,

My friends and I are newbies but they got around without any troubles. Just tell your friend to get a cab w/a meter (45 baht each way & make him turn on the meter) and have them take him to soi cowboy or Nana. Soi Cowboy is like ten blocks away and Nana was about 15. Tell him to be aware of whats going on around him, watch for pickpockets ect (much like New York or Chicago) and he'll be fine. If he's scared/worried about going out himself, tell him to just step out to Soi 33 to find a lady or better yet, just chill at the Lodge (if your staying at Livingstones).
For a newbie, the ladies at the Livingstones are nice, gental and very very safe. Never in BKK did I feel afriad or nervous by myself and I'm a little guy in a wheelchair at Livingstones let alone Soi Cowboy.

I hope this helps... if you have any other questions, please ask or PM me.

Pitts

Giotto
06-11-07, 05:30
I am an avid world traveler and often by myself, but my travel companion and friend has little experience outside the State we live in. He has expressed a great deal of anxiety when I tell him that we my separate for a number of reasons (girls being the greatest reason) and he may have to find his way to and from nana, soi cowboy, etc. He has express fear of getting lost and or being a victim of crime. Is Bangkok any different them lets say New York City when dealing with these concerns? Staying at Livingstone, I would like to know how far and difficult is it to get to and from nana and cowboy ie. 50 yards, get on train for 2/3 stops and you’re their, less then 5/10 min. I always carry my hotel’s card so I can take a cab. Does my friend have legitimate concerns? Can some one recommend a mapquest type website so I can print accurate maps with directions?Pier999,

Nobody needs to have any concerns. Except some pick pocket activities Bangkok is very safe, compared to the big cities of the western world.

You can even walk from here to Soi Cowboy within 10 min. . To move to Soi Nana is either a 10-15 min. Taxi ride or 2 Skytrain stations and 300 m of walking (all together).

Maps: I will check, I never found a good one which is really actualized and gives a reasonable overview about how close those places really are.

Giotto

Doctopuss
06-11-07, 08:46
Pier999,

Maps: I will check, I never found a good one which is really actualized and gives a reasonable overview about how close those places really are.

Giotto

Hope this helps...the BTS map does wonders for a new visitor (I know it helped me get around like a local). It not only provides you the direction, approximate proximities but it also shows you prominent location milestones.

The second map is the zoom in of the Sukhimvit with Nana and Cowboy clearly marked (hey even Eden is marked). I guess livingstones is on the bottom right of the map (not shown)...just a station away from Asoke.

Another important reason to get around in BK on the BTS with this map is that one has to know the end stations to get on the right Sky train (on the right direction/track)...so make good use of it...because it does help. Ofcourse if you want to shop...if I remember correctly, MBK is at Central station.

Keep Exploring!
Doc!

Giotto
06-11-07, 09:57
Hope this helps...the BTS map does wonders for a new visitor (I know it helped me get around like a local). It not only provides you the direction, approximate proximities but it also shows you prominent location milestones.
Doctopuss,

Thanks for the maps.

Livingstone's Lodge is in Soi 33, Skytrain station Phrompong, only one station away from Asoke (Soi Cowboy) and two from Soi Nana.

Giotto

Minty Polo
06-12-07, 22:19
What are the differences in price between Bangkok and Pattaya for ST and LT?

Giotto
06-14-07, 04:41
What are the differences in price between Bangkok and Pattaya for ST and LT?Minty Polo,

Basically Pattaya is cheaper. The prices might be same in the gogo bars, but generally you can make cheaper deals in Pattaya.

Giotto

Creman
06-14-07, 05:44
I will have some time between flights passing through Bangkok in a couple of weeks from now. The time that I will be able to have some fun would be from around 5:30 pm through to aorund 8:30 pm. This allows for travel time and immigration etc going to and from the airport. If you are after some GFE type action, where would recommend? I do recognise that it is a bit early for when things start happening but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Giotto
06-14-07, 07:03
I will have some time between flights passing through Bangkok in a couple of weeks from now. The time that I will be able to have some fun would be from around 5:30 pm through to aorund 8:30 pm. This allows for travel time and immigration etc going to and from the airport. If you are after some GFE type action, where would recommend? I do recognise that it is a bit early for when things start happening but any suggestions would be appreciated.Creman,

No chance. 3 hours for finding a girl and trying to make sure that the chemistry between you and her is ok, and then some action - no chance.

Giotto

Creman
06-14-07, 09:12
Creman,

No chance. 3 hours for finding a girl and trying to make sure that the chemistry between you and her is ok, and then some action - no chance.

GiottoThanks Giotto. I might be being too conservative on getting back to the airport. In truth, the outbound flight does not go until just after midnight and I will already have my boarding pass so perhaps I could push things to leave central Bangkok by 10pm or is this too risky. If 'do-able', would appreciate any advice on where would be the best place to have some fun within the limitations of time. Failing the GFE service, would something like the Eden Club which I read about be more appropriate? If I pull this off, I will in kind write a review about how the whole process worked or didn't work for a punter in transit.

Kindest regards,

Mike

Giotto
06-15-07, 04:52
Thanks Giotto. I might be being too conservative on getting back to the airport. In truth, the outbound flight does not go until just after midnight and I will already have my boarding pass so perhaps I could push things to leave central Bangkok by 10pm or is this too risky. If 'do-able', would appreciate any advice on where would be the best place to have some fun within the limitations of time. Failing the GFE service, would something like the Eden Club which I read about be more appropriate? If I pull this off, I will in kind write a review about how the whole process worked or didn't work for a punter in transit.
...Creman,

Don't really get your schedule, but even at 10 pm you need at least 45 min. from central Bangkok (let's assume this is the Sukhumvit area) to the airport.

I suggest to concentrate on the soapies around Rama 9 road. Victorias Secret, Long Beach, etc. or those at New Petchburi Road Evita, Meree, Bangkok Cozy, Tarawadee etc. .

Giotto

Pier999
06-17-07, 14:42
I am a 30 something who wants to attract the girls with my preverbal peacock feathers. I know it is all about the money but I like to think showing the girls a good time and being a handsome, well dressed, and well adorned guy will get me more mileage, even if I am 25 pounds overweight. I once read, I think on ISG, that wearing shorts is either culturally frowned upon or not fashionable. Any insights form those metro sexual guys out there? I live in Florida and plan on wearing shorts during the day while sight seeing, what about at night? More importantly I just inherited some flashy gold jewelry, and a cheesey golden horse’s head framed by a diamond horse shoe ring. When I wear the watch and ring on the same hand it is always noticed and commented on. It seems Thais like gold, and I am not worried about loosing these pieces after multiple jewelers and pawn brokers offered my a few hundred dollars each. My greater concern is that I may attract the attention of those people that may attempt to violently remove these items from me. Also, will the bling bling make a different in attracting the best girls at gogos or clubs. I want them to fell that they need to give me the VIP treatment to land me and keep me coming back. I intend on paying them the going rate for their service, not looking for discounts. Set me straight guys. I know this is such a stupid, gay post but who else can I ask.

Thanks

NicFrenchy
06-18-07, 04:40
I am a 30 something who wants to attract the girls with my preverbal peacock feathers. I know it is all about the money but I like to think showing the girls a good time and being a handsome, well dressed, and well adorned guy will get me more mileage, even if I am 25 pounds overweight.

This is very debatable. YES the girls are doing this for the money, however they also are human beings who love to be treated as Ladies. If you treat the ladies with respect, they'll show you a very good time.

Being young and handsome (I am also 30 and not too ugly) has advantages and disadvantages.
Yes the ladies will like you and they might pick you over other guys in the bar. But some ladies simply do not go with young guys. Why? because they are under the impression that young guys will fuck them all night while an older man will get one shot and go to sleep : Same price, less work and Pain (keep in mind they have sex very often).

I once read, I think on ISG, that wearing shorts is either culturally frowned upon or not fashionable. Any insights form those metro sexual guys out there? Wearing shorts during the day is totally acceptable.

But remember the Thais (especially women) like to dress up at all times of day and night. They take good care of themselves and like people who do the same.

In the evening, make sure you wear pants (jeans are also ok). Unless you plan on going out in Khao San Road, don't wear shorts.

More importantly I just inherited some flashy gold jewelry, and a cheesey golden horse’s head framed by a diamond horse shoe ring. When I wear the watch and ring on the same hand it is always noticed and commented on. It seems Thais like gold, and I am not worried about loosing these pieces after multiple jewelers and pawn brokers offered my a few hundred dollars each. My greater concern is that I may attract the attention of those people that may attempt to violently remove these items from me. Also, will the bling bling make a different in attracting the best girls at gogos or clubs. I want them to fell that they need to give me the VIP treatment to land me and keep me coming back. Leave the BLING BLING at home. All it will achieve is bring Negativity.

Hustlers will try to hustle you if they see this, and girls will think you are filthy rich and quote you outrageous prices.

You don't need gold to get ladies into your bed.

Freeman 418
06-18-07, 11:33
Those knee length shorts are good, cargo pants type shorts are fine.. I wouldn't be walking around in tennis shorts personally. Apart from looking gay, yeah you might have problems if you went to a government building or a temple.

As for jewelry.. it's a personal decision. Personally, I dislike jewelry and never wear it.. gets in the way of showers, massages and the like. As quoted by French, you will also have every tout on the street on your tail.
But again, try it and report back what happens lol.. u can always take it off.

I am a 30 something who wants to attract the girls with my preverbal peacock feathers. I know it is all about the money but I like to think showing the girls a good time and being a handsome, well dressed, and well adorned guy will get me more mileage, even if I am 25 pounds overweight. I once read, I think on ISG, that wearing shorts is either culturally frowned upon or not fashionable. Any insights form those metro sexual guys out there? I live in Florida and plan on wearing shorts during the day while sight seeing, what about at night? More importantly I just inherited some flashy gold jewelry, and a cheesey golden horse’s head framed by a diamond horse shoe ring. When I wear the watch and ring on the same hand it is always noticed and commented on. It seems Thais like gold, and I am not worried about loosing these pieces after multiple jewelers and pawn brokers offered my a few hundred dollars each. My greater concern is that I may attract the attention of those people that may attempt to violently remove these items from me. Also, will the bling bling make a different in attracting the best girls at gogos or clubs. I want them to fell that they need to give me the VIP treatment to land me and keep me coming back. I intend on paying them the going rate for their service, not looking for discounts. Set me straight guys. I know this is such a stupid, gay post but who else can I ask.

Thanks

Giotto
06-26-07, 06:24
I am a 30 something who wants to attract the girls with my preverbal peacock feathers. I know it is all about the money but I like to think showing the girls a good time and being a handsome, well dressed, and well adorned guy will get me more mileage, even if I am 25 pounds overweight. I once read, I think on ISG, that wearing shorts is either culturally frowned upon or not fashionable. Any insights form those metro sexual guys out there? I live in Florida and plan on wearing shorts during the day while sight seeing, what about at night? More importantly I just inherited some flashy gold jewelry, and a cheesey golden horse’s head framed by a diamond horse shoe ring. When I wear the watch and ring on the same hand it is always noticed and commented on. It seems Thais like gold, and I am not worried about loosing these pieces after multiple jewelers and pawn brokers offered my a few hundred dollars each. My greater concern is that I may attract the attention of those people that may attempt to violently remove these items from me.
...Pier999,

I just realized that I never answered to this post.

Dress Code: Though you are most likely dealing with P4P girls I would recommend to wear long pants and shirt. No shorts. The overwhelming majority of Thai women I know like well dressed men. To be handsome is not that important, but to be clean, have no body odor and to be well dressed - that is important.

As for gold and jewelry - leave it at home. Showing wealth will immediately increase the prices.

Giotto

Andy G
06-26-07, 12:59
I was wondering what the thai mentality was for using the pill?

Are any of the girls on it at all?

I broke a condom last time I was there and got thinking about the shit I could end up in if she got pregnant.

Thoughts appreciated!

And as for previous topic definitely wear dress pants/shirt/shoes and no bling when you go out at night and the hotties will flock to you!

Spartan
06-28-07, 14:34
Hi All,

I will be in BKK in July and I'm aware that BKK is famous for its good suits and good prices? Do you have a tailor to recommend to me, am planning on getting a suit while I'm having a good time in BKK?

You feedback is appreciated. Also since I can spend 24 hours a day mongering any additional past time to recommend during the day besides eating & shopping?

Thanks a heap,

Spartan

M P Lurker
06-29-07, 06:24
I was wondering what the thai mentality was for using the pill?

Are any of the girls on it at all?

I broke a condom last time I was there and got thinking about the shit I could end up in if she got pregnant.

Thoughts appreciated!

And as for previous topic definitely wear dress pants/shirt/shoes and no bling when you go out at night and the hotties will flock to you!

Strangely some girls do not take the pill for fear that it will be seen as evidence of being sexually active or promiscuous and someone might find their pills. They do have condoms however. They would rather take the risk of broken condom, slip off etc.
Some girls use vaginal sponges as extra protection but these in fact can cause condom breakage due to abrasive action.
Other girls are smarter.
If you should have a condom accident, please explain to the girl she needs the morning after pill (if not taking the pill already). She May well be far more concerned about STDs and forget danger of pregnancy.
Some girls are very poorly eductaed about pregnancy. Thats why there are so many young unmarried girls getting pregnant.

M P Lurker
06-29-07, 06:31
Thanks
I agree with the others. Dress well, very clean, smell nice.
After that its your attitude that matters most. Girls prefer to be treated with respect and like like guys that are arrogant. Girls tend to think young good looking guys are likely to love themselves too much. This causes some girls to go for older ordinary looking guys.

If you are too flashy with jewelery you are either a show-off (Thai call it "dat jarit") or gay.

Giotto
06-29-07, 06:33
Hi All,

I will be in BKK in July and I'm aware that BKK is famous for its good suits and good prices? Do you have a tailor to recommend to me, am planning on getting a suit while I'm having a good time in BKK?

You feedback is appreciated. Also since I can spend 24 hours a day mongering any additional past time to recommend during the day besides eating & shopping?

Thanks a heap,

SpartanSpartan,

Yes, some tailors can be recommended. But you should have at least 3-4 days here in Bangkok, that they can really do high quality work, some fitting sessions are necessary.

Giotto

Spartan
06-29-07, 17:21
Spartan,

Yes, some tailors can be recommended. But you should have at least 3-4 days here in Bangkok, that they can really do high quality work, some fitting sessions are necessary.

GiottoI will be in BKK for 5 days so I should be ok, any to recommend?

Duniawala
06-30-07, 00:56
I will be in BKK for 5 days so I should be ok, any to recommend?
I have been using Harry's Boutique located above the Thermae (Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel lobby) for the last few years. Considering that my body shape is a challenge he has delivered flattering results over the years. His prices are reasonable.

Giotto
07-01-07, 07:37
I will be in BKK for 5 days so I should be ok, any to recommend?Spartan,

To be honest, I don't know the name of the shop. But we always contact the same taylor if a customer needs some work to be done.

I will check it out and come back to you.

Giotto

Prince Harry
07-01-07, 13:01
I agree with the others. Dress well, very clean, smell nice.
After that its your attitude that matters most. Girls prefer to be treated with respect and like like guys that are arrogant. Girls tend to think young good looking guys are likely to love themselves too much. This causes some girls to go for older ordinary looking guys.

If you are too flashy with jewelery you are either a show-off (Thai call it "dat jarit") or gay.

Don't wear shorts or a wifebeater at night,dress well for better results.

Khushi39
07-07-07, 19:26
Giotto I am a big fan of yours and consider your Bangkok reports most authentic. During my last visit I had the pleasure of staying at the lodge for a night of fun after my touring buddies left.

Could you please help with Pattaya? We would like to stay at a place which is close to the beach and also close to all the "fun" spots. After a great experience at Somerset serviced apartments, we would prefer serviced apartments. (saves on the extra charges hotels add on for overnight guests).

Once the dates are finalized, I for one, would like to stop by for your very friendly hospitality at the lodge.

Giotto
07-08-07, 07:06
Giotto I am a big fan of yours and consider your Bangkok reports most authentic. During my last visit I had the pleasure of staying at the lodge for a night of fun after my touring buddies left.

Could you please help with Pattaya? We would like to stay at a place which is close to the beach and also close to all the "fun" spots. After a great experience at Somerset serviced apartments, we would prefer serviced apartments. (saves on the extra charges hotels add on for overnight guests).

Once the dates are finalized, I for one, would like to stop by for your very friendly hospitality at the lodge.Khushi39,

To be honest, I cannot really help you with Pattaya. Last time I was there is at least 2 years ago, and I simply don't like it there.

But we work with a travel agent here in Bangkok, he should know. I will get him involved and come up with a recommendation.

Hope to see you again at the Lodge.

Giotto

Booboo Monger
07-21-07, 19:24
Hi Giotto,

I am planning a short solo trip to BKK in the next few weeks(first time). I have been reading this forum and thought Livingstones Lodge would be nice. Some questions I would like some information on please:

* How do I apply for the promotion offer?

* I would like to make a booking but pay in cash when I arrive please because I am trying to avoid a paper trail on this trip - is this possible?

* This is a general rook question I think - After I pay the BF what is expected in terms of payment to the girl? What would be a typical amount for an overnighter?

* This is a short trip and I am looking to maximize my action in terms of quality and minimize downtime/bad service etc. I looked at escort agencies - they seem pricey but I have heard the results are good. I would also like to have a little hunt although being new to the city I would definitely make my ambitions modest here. Seems like your sports bar is well supplied and Livingstones is also in the Nana/Soi area. Could you make any recommendations about how to spend my mongering time.

Cheers!

Giotto
07-21-07, 23:43
Hi Giotto,

I am planning a short solo trip to BKK in the next few weeks(first time). I have been reading this forum and thought Livingstones Lodge would be nice. Some questions I would like some information on please:

* How do I apply for the promotion offer?

* I would like to make a booking but pay in cash when I arrive please because I am trying to avoid a paper trail on this trip - is this possible?

* This is a general rook question I think - After I pay the BF what is expected in terms of payment to the girl? What would be a typical amount for an overnighter?

* This is a short trip and I am looking to maximize my action in terms of quality and minimize downtime/bad service etc. I looked at escort agencies - they seem pricey but I have heard the results are good. I would also like to have a little hunt although being new to the city I would definitely make my ambitions modest here. Seems like your sports bar is well supplied and Livingstones is also in the Nana/Soi area. Could you make any recommendations about how to spend my mongering time.

Cheers!Booboo Monger,

I ask myself: You have time to write those questions in reports, why don't you take the time to read the forum?

1.) Promotion

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2536

2.) Cash

Sure. We appreciate cash.

3.) Girls Fee

There are thousands of reports reg. this issue. The service fee depends on the girl. Something in between THB 500 (for cheap charlies) and THB 10,000 per night. Can be more or less, depends on you. What I know for sure - the girls expect cash - they don't have credit card machines.

4.) Escort Agencies / Mongering Time

No. Cannot make any recommendations. You have to find out what you like. Escort Angencies - I would consider that may be in Hongkong or New York, but not in Bangkok.

I recommend: Read this forum. Then - you will know what you can do in this city.

Or - just come here and talk to me.

Giotto

Giotto
07-21-07, 23:50
Hi Giotto,

Cheers!Booboo Monger,

one more thing: It's about giving and taking. 3 reports, and only questions.

In the beginning it would be a good idea to write something about your mongering life up to now, whatever place it took place. Add some value to the forum ... and everybody will answer your questions.

Giotto

Booboo Monger
07-22-07, 17:59
Ok! point taken, sorry for offence caused. My mongering life up until now is basically non-existent really. I have read the forums a fair bit but got confused on some points. My time is short before I leave so I just wanted to make sure I had some specific information about my concerns.

I made a booking and mentioned my situation in the special details.

Thanks for your help, looking forward to writing a report from LL. :))

Giotto
07-23-07, 12:23
Ok! point taken, sorry for offence caused. ...
Booboo Monger,

Then I have to apologize.

My recommendation would then be that you really come here (whether you stay at the hotel or not) and get an overview about the options here in Bangkok, from my POV. You will then know where to start hunting.

Hope to see you one day.

Giotto

Markos Greece
07-31-07, 01:22
Hi I am a Greek guy that travels a lot to Asia both for busines and pleasure.

I have been many times to China, Taiwan, Singapore and other places but only once in BKK and that was 9 years ago... (experienced in escorts and sauna clubs...)

So I need your help.

I am looking for LT, GFE experience, but I will stay at high class hotel in Riverside area.

What is your recomendation?

Giotto
07-31-07, 11:19
Hi I am a Greek guy that travels a lot to Asia both for busines and pleasure.

I have been many times to China, Taiwan, Singapore and other places but only once in BKK and that was 9 years ago... (experienced in escorts and sauna clubs...)

So I need your help.

I am looking for LT, GFE experience, but I will stay at high class hotel in Riverside area.

What is your recomendation?Markos Greece,

Difficult to say. May be you start with the hostess bars here at Soi 33, and check out whether you like the style of this bars. Then there are the more upmarket places, men's clubs (Pegasus etc.) and discos (Spasso).

Soi Nana or Soi Cowboy are always alternatives.

Think about the riverside hotel - it is a hell a lot of traffic to get there, you will loose a lot of time. There are 4/5 star hotels in the Sukhumvit area, too, much more convenient / close to the action.

Giotto

Markos Greece
07-31-07, 23:21
Giotto,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I will follow your suggestions.

Duniawala
08-10-07, 00:05
So Dr. G, in your research of the Massage Parlors, did you come across any couples massage places?

Giotto
08-10-07, 05:01
So Dr. G, in your research of the Massage Parlors, did you come across any couples massage places?Sir,

to be honest - no. I usually go alone to those massage places where you can get a happy ending. All others of course appreciate couples, there are even rooms where you can get a massage together (eg. Cefle), but - no happy ending.

But I basically don't see any problem, if the female part of the couple is open minded. Just talk to the receptionists about what service is expected.

I know from couples even visiting the Eden Club and having fun there together with a group of girls.

Giotto

Shorty1
08-10-07, 09:49
Hi Giotto!

I will check in at LL on 18.08.07 and leave Sunday.

I've heard, that there is a election/referendum on 19.08.07.

Is it as usual, that Bars are closed and Alcohol is prohibited on Saturday and Sunday?

Giotto
08-11-07, 06:34
Hi Giotto!

I will check in at LL on 18.08.07 and leave Sunday.

I've heard, that there is a election/referendum on 19.08.07.

Is it as usual, that Bars are closed and Alcohol is prohibited on Saturday and Sunday?Shorty1,

We don't know it up to now. Usually the police is VERY STRICT on those election days, that means - no alcohol. But we still got no indication from the police.

Our bar will be open, for sure. Usually many bars close when they cannot sell alcohol, but there are always places open, here in Soi 33 as well as either Soi Nana or Soi Cowboy.

Giotto

Blink157
09-25-07, 08:48
Hi there,

new to the Giotto Thai forum, but not new to Thailand or Bangkok.

I have two questions.

Number one, is termae still existing?? Its a fun place when I visited 2000 and earlier and I miss it.

Secound question, I have to fly over BKK with my favourite airline Emirates, cause no flights avaible on that time to Manila.

So my plan is to stay a few nights in BKK and then take Thai or SIA to Manila and back and then Emirates back to FRA.

Im now viewing hotels near sukhumvit and also thinking to stay in your place, if no fully booked, cause my flight is on decmber 18, arriving noon on december 19 in BKK.

My question is, I need some thai travel agent to book me on a flight to Manila BEFORE Im arriving in BKK, cause I know its kinda pretty tight around christmas.

Can you give me any referrels who to contact, so I can make reservation soon for my flight.

Thanks and I really have to say enjoying here to read ur stories , specially about soapies...I try them all when IM there.....joke.

regards

Blink

Duniawala
09-25-07, 19:48
Hi there,

new to the Giotto Thai forum, but not new to Thailand or Bangkok.

I have two questions.

Number one, is termae still existing?? Its a fun place when I visited 2000 and earlier and I miss it.

regards

Blink
It's neither. It is THERMAE. And yes it still exists.

Blink157
09-26-07, 10:18
It's neither. It is THERMAE. And yes it still exists.

Hi,
I used to sneak out at the back door from theame (near the cr) an stayed in a hotel called sumerset. I googled but out of my search came funny names. Do you know if this hotel stil exist and whats the name??

Maybe Giotto is fully booked around december so I need a backup plan, dont wana stay under the MRT or skytrain in Bangkok...:D

regards

Blink

Blood Red
09-26-07, 16:05
Hi,
I used to sneak out at the back door from theame (near the cr) an stayed in a hotel called sumerset. I googled but out of my search came funny names. Do you know if this hotel stil exist and whats the name??

Maybe Giotto is fully booked around december so I need a backup plan, dont wana stay under the MRT or skytrain in Bangkok...:D

regards

Blink

Somerset Hotel which used to be on Soi 15 no longer exists there. I did see a Somerset hotel close to Chit Lom while walking, so it may have re-located but it is definitely not on Soi 15 anymore.

Duniawala
09-26-07, 18:46

regards

Blink
I am sure Dr. G would be glad to confirm your reservation. However, if you want to stay near the Thermae, you can try the Manhattan, next door (on Soi 15) or stay at the Ruamchitt Plaza in whose basement the Thermae is.

Giotto
09-27-07, 09:45
...I have two questions.

Secound question, I have to fly over BKK with my favourite airline Emirates, cause no flights avaible on that time to Manila.

So my plan is to stay a few nights in BKK and then take Thai or SIA to Manila and back and then Emirates back to FRA.
My question is, I need some thai travel agent to book me on a flight to Manila BEFORE Im arriving in BKK, cause I know its kinda pretty tight around christmas.

Can you give me any referrels who to contact, so I can make reservation soon for my flight.
...Blink157,

Thanks for your questions

1.) Thermae

Still existing, but - to be honest - I never go there. But as I heard it is still busy after 11 pm.

2.) Travel Agent

December is high season, if you want to book you should do that very soon now. If you are interested in Livingstone's - book via our website, there are still some rooms free in december.

Of course we can do a flight reservation via travel agents - we can also do that now, and you settle the bill when you arrive in Bangkok. We just need to know your preferred flight dates and the name - please send me an E-Mail or PM if you need assistance.

Giotto

Puppy Bunny
09-28-07, 23:42
Oops, sorry if I totally wrong in a post ;)

I am planning to visit BKK in October - which is the best place to stay for fun? :)

Puppy Bunny
09-28-07, 23:45
What is the best place to stay in BKK for fun in October?

Giotto
09-30-07, 08:53
What is the best place to stay in BKK for fun in October?Puppy Bunny,

No question, Livingstone's Lodge :) .

http://www.livingstones.co.th

Giotto

Armj7
10-18-07, 23:08
Hi,

I've read to the reports and as per this site's recommendations I will be staying at Livingstone's. I will be staying a total of 8 days in Thailand. First time in thailand. So I am excited but tinged with the fact that this could be a visit I might not be able to repeat.

I have 2 questions which I could not find in the forums.

Why are so many many people staying near the Nana complex when patpong is the bigger rld with more girls (that's what I read on the www)? And not many reports on Patpong?

This is my first trip to Thailand so just mongering will make me feel empty. Would like to see other aspects of thailand. In between my stay at Livingstone's I plan to go to either Koh Samui or Pattaya for 4 days. Which want would the forummers recommend? Is mongering in Pattaya too godd to be missed (recent reports have been mived) or are the beaches and scenery in Koh Samu a better attraction and something worth a first time visitor to visit?

Please give your views. It would be greatly appreciated so I can make the necessary arrangements asap.

Also anyone have a an idea of the daily amount they will likely spend? This trip might set me back a bit if I am active everyday.

Thanks

Armj7
10-19-07, 06:12
I will be staying in Livingstone's. This is my first visit to thailand and I am quite excited. I will be there for a total of 8 days. But in between my stay in BKK I would like to go elsewhere. If my first visit to thailand is just mongering I would feel a bit empty. I need to see the sights to feel completely satisfied and more appreciative of the country.

So other than the sights of BKK I plan to spend 4 days in either Koh Samui or Pattaya. Which do forummers recommend? Is mongering in Pattaya too good to miss? Are the beaches and scenery at Koh Samui a must for a first time tourist to Thailand and the mongering nothing to sniff at? It is unlikely I will be back soon and this could be my first and last trip.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Giotto
10-19-07, 08:20
I've read to the reports and as per this site's recommendations I will be staying at Livingstone's. I will be staying a total of 8 days in Thailand. First time in thailand. So I am excited but tinged with the fact that this could be a visit I might not be able to repeat.

I have 2 questions which I could not find in the forums.

Why are so many many people staying near the Nana complex when patpong is the bigger rld with more girls (that's what I read on the www)? And not many reports on Patpong?

This is my first trip to Thailand so just mongering will make me feel empty. Would like to see other aspects of thailand. In between my stay at Livingstone's I plan to go to either Koh Samui or Pattaya for 4 days. Which want would the forummers recommend? Is mongering in Pattaya too godd to be missed (recent reports have been mived) or are the beaches and scenery in Koh Samu a better attraction and something worth a first time visitor to visit?

Please give your views. It would be greatly appreciated so I can make the necessary arrangements asap.

Also anyone have a an idea of the daily amount they will likely spend? This trip might set me back a bit if I am active everyday.
Armj7,

Thanks for your question, I will try to give you some answers.

Patpong

I doubt that Patpong is the bigger area compared to Soi Nana. I think there are more girls working at Nana (and the surrounding Sukhumvit area) than in Patpong.

Patpong is also very commercialized, if gives visitors the impression that they are in danger to being ripped off. It is overrun by tourists, too famous, and a bit away from the normal mongering areas.

Pattaya/Samui

Depends on your expectations. Pattaya is highly specialized for the mongering industry, with a huge numbers of girls working there. There is also a beach somewhere - but I doubt that somebody is going there because of the nice beaches...

Samui really has nice beaches, a coconut island, beautiful hotels - but it is much more expensive than Pattaya. Not too many girls working there - only a small area in Chaweng, more girls available in Lamai.

If you go for the girls - Pattaya, if you go to enjoy beaches and landscape - Samui.

Consider Ko Samet.

Money

Depends on your lifestyle. Hotel, a girl every day, food --> can be easily THB 8,000 each day in Samui. Less in Pattaya

See you at Livingstone's soon.

Giotto

Tpl 288
10-19-07, 21:00
Giotto,

I am planning to come to bangkok by myself next week and would like a GFE experience LT with english speaking, fun and very good looking (pref stunners) girls. I will be staying at Davis Hotel.

Is there any discos, bars or places I should go for this? I read in the other forums that Grand Hyatt has a good disco for pickups.

Any places you recommend?

Thanks

Armj7
10-19-07, 21:36
Thanks Giotto for your advice. I will be in Livingstones on teh 25/11.

Giotto
10-22-07, 11:51
Is there any discos, bars or places I should go for this? I read in the other forums that Grand Hyatt has a good disco for pickups.
Tpl 288,

Spasso in Hyatt Eriwan has a good selection, but the girls are expensive (they ask for THB 5,000 LT, some for more). CM2 in Novotel Siam another option. Hard Rock Cafe ...

Closer to the Davis are the hostess bars in Soi 33.

Giotto

1Ball
10-22-07, 16:07
tpl 288, the CONRAD is also a good place, but you will drop some serious green (or in this case, purple), on those women. (5,000 to 7,500).They will look fabulous, will they provide better service than a girl who costs only 1,500 to 2,000? I don't think so.

Tpl 288
10-22-07, 20:20
tpl 288, the CONRAD is also a good place, but you will drop some serious green (or in this case, purple), on those women. (5,000 to 7,500).They will look fabulous, will they provide better service than a girl who costs only 1,500 to 2,000? I don't think so.1Ball - I take your point re price, hard to choose when you will only be in BKK in my case for a short time (2 days), however service is also never guaranteed even if you choose a girl that cost 1,500 to 2,000 BHT right?

Giotto - what do you mean by hostess bars? Are they not similar to go-go bars?

Thanks both for the advice

Giotto
10-23-07, 05:55
1Ball - I take your point re price, hard to choose when you will only be in BKK in my case for a short time (2 days), however service is also never guaranteed even if you choose a girl that cost 1,500 to 2,000 BHT right?

Giotto - what do you mean by hostess bars? Are they not similar to go-go bars?
Tpl 288,

just for information, 1,500 to 2,000 is at the lower end of the price range already - you may find cheaper options in Biergarten Soi 7 or Nana Parking Lot, Thermae - that is it.

A hostess bar is NOT a GoGo bar. The girls are not dancing on poles. They are usually nicely dressed at hostess bars, and sitting with customers, getting invited for drinks, and only if the chemistry is ok between a possible customer and them they consider to go out with him.

Just come to Soi 33 to check it out - the good hostess bars here in the road are Monet, The Office Bar, Livingstone's Sports Lounge and Renoir (later at night). If you don't like it you can move from here to the GoGo Bar area in Soi Cowboy. After 11 pm you then can move to the discos Spass, CM2, Club 88 etc. .

Giotto

Tok57
10-28-07, 10:59
Giotto,

I am planning to come to bangkok by myself next week and would like a GFE experience LT with english speaking, fun and very good looking (pref stunners) girls. I will be staying at Davis Hotel.

Thanks

Giotto

For work reasons I have to stay at the Sheraton Grande. I was hoping to come to the Sports Bar at Livingstones to fulfil the exact requirement stated above. Is my assumption correct? I am not bothered about price but are places like Spasso friendly and easy?

Also I am confused about the references to receptionists and waitresses. can all of them be barfined at livingstones?

Thanks,

Tok

Giotto
10-28-07, 20:04

Thanks

Giotto

For work reasons I have to stay at the Sheraton Grande. I was hoping to come to the Sports Bar at Livingstones to fulfil the exact requirement stated above. Is my assumption correct? I am not bothered about price but are places like Spasso friendly and easy?

Also I am confused about the references to receptionists and waitresses. can all of them be barfined at livingstones?
...Tok57,

My recommendation is: Make a decision where you stay, Davis or Sheraton :).

Giotto

Giotto
10-28-07, 20:16
I was hoping to come to the Sports Bar at Livingstones to fulfil the exact requirement stated above. Is my assumption correct? I am not bothered about price but are places like Spasso friendly and easy?

Tok57,

You will most likely find girls here at the Sports Lounge, who fulfill those requirements. But - places like Spasso, CM 2 etc. are also friendly and easy places, normal discos as you find them everywhere.

Receptionists: That are the ladies which you find in front of Livingstone's, they bring you in and get you seated somewhere - some of those can be barfined, this are usually ladies working in the Sports Lounge.

Front Desk Staff and Waitresses: Cannot be barfined, this are the socalled "regular" Thai women, whatever that might be (OTH - HELP!!!).

Giotto

Fox Two
10-29-07, 06:13
Good day all,

Other than Sabai Sabai, are there any other decent massage places open past 1AM? I'm due to arrive at LL around 1:30 AM in a few weeks and would be interested in a massage and some other horizontal "refreshment".

Cheers!

F2

Giotto
10-30-07, 12:29
Other than Sabai Sabai, are there any other decent massage places open past 1AM? I'm due to arrive at LL around 1:30 AM in a few weeks and would be interested in a massage and some other horizontal "refreshment".
...Fox Two,

Good question. Some massage places offer 24 hour outcall service...I just don't know which one. Will try to find out.

Giotto

Kanpo
11-01-07, 20:30
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if I would be allowed entry into the country if I don't have a ticket for a flight taking me out. I'm planning my first trip and it will be extended one, and I don't want to be tied to an itinerary.

Thanks

Kanpo
11-02-07, 01:44
Hello,

Do most hotels take American Express in Thailand. I'm assuming "yes", but need to make sure. How about there at Livingstones? And how about the bars, discos, etc. I would imagine that's more cash oriented.

Thanks

Giotto
11-03-07, 05:05
Do most hotels take American Express in Thailand. I'm assuming "yes", but need to make sure. How about there at Livingstones? And how about the bars, discos, etc. I would imagine that's more cash oriented.
Kanpo,

Most of the hotels take American Express cards. We do, too. The major discos also, not sure about smaller bars.

The Management
Livingstone's Lodge Co., Ltd.

http://www.livingstones.co.th

Blunderer
11-03-07, 07:14
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if I would be allowed entry into the country if I don't have a ticket for a flight taking me out. I'm planning my first trip and it will be extended one, and I don't want to be tied to an itinerary.

Thanks

In theory I believe you need a ticket out as well, or, the means to pay for one. I have heard rumours of people being checked for a ticket in the last year or so, but it always a cousin's friend's aunt's butcher.

I've always been led to understand that a credit card is proof of sufficient funds.

I've never (in a metric boatload of trips) been asked for anything of the sort. If you want to be really safe, buy yourself a high priced fully refundable, then cash it when in country. If I got questioned, I'd just say I was taking the train to Malaysia in a couple of weeks.

Kanpo
11-03-07, 12:21
Giotto and Blunderer, thanks for the advice. If there is a room available, I will be staying at Livingstones at least for my first several days in town. Sounds like a great place to start to get the lay of the land (pun definitely intended). I hope to be able to make reservations in week or so for towards the end of November.

Bluegreen
11-03-07, 14:54
Hello,

ThanksMalaysia Airlines refused to let me fly into Thailand even though I had a return ticket, because the ticket was for 60 days later and I was only planning to get the 30-day visa-on-entry (then take a short break to Cambodia/Vietnam or whatever before the 30 days was up, and come back to Thailand on another 30 day visa - I just didn't want to have to decide all the dates/tickets so far in advance). Anyway, they made me run back to the Malaysia Airlines office in the airport, wait 45 minutes in a queue, and very kindly altered my return date on the booking. Thai immigration said nothing, but I had to find a Malaysia Airlines office later in my holiday to change my return flight back to the original date. I was warned about a £50 ($100) fee for each time I changed my flights, but both times the Malaysia Airlines staff sympathised and did it in such a way that it was free (and then refused a tip!).

If your airline will actually fly you into Thailand on a one-way ticket (with no special visa/arrangements) you could risk trying to explain to Thai immigration. - but it's much easier to buy a fully-refundable return ticket, and then cancel & refund it once you're in Thailand. Or just arrange a proper visa before you go.

Blunderer
11-03-07, 23:05
Bluegreen,

Interesting. I suspect if you can actually get on the plane, as long as you have a credit card or a decent amount of cash with you, convincing Thai immigration won't be much of a battle at all. Worst case, you could get them to frog-march you to a ticket vendor and get a fully refundable at the airport - I can't imagine it ever going that far.

I wonder if you were on a Malaysian passport, and, if so, whether that had an impact on MAS's decision to fly you. I've had MAS fly me all over the world on one way tickets and they've never blinked - including to the States and the UK - both places notorious for over zealous border entry policies.... I am on an EU/US/Oz/Canadian/NZ sort of level passport. I can only assume that that mitigates my problems somewhat (but by no means does it mitigate them completely!).

Member #4147
11-05-07, 20:00
Every time I come to Thailand I try to do it better. I arrive in BKK Nov 13 for a week or so, beginning @ a new place for me Majestic Suites for a couple days, followed my @ a week at the Majestic Grande. On my last couple visits I exchanged my money at the airport and was done with it. This time as I have enough baht left from my previous visit to get me thru a day I thought there may be better rates near the MS. I want to get @$2k us & suspect there could be 1k thb hanging in the balance. Read a report suggesting TCM bank Soi 11. Anyone have suggestions or want to cross paths?

Giotto
11-08-07, 12:24
Every time I come to Thailand I try to do it better. I arrive in BKK Nov 13 for a week or so, beginning @ a new place for me Majestic Suites for a couple days, followed my @ a week at the Majestic Grande. On my last couple visits I exchanged my money at the airport and was done with it. This time as I have enough baht left from my previous visit to get me thru a day I thought there may be better rates near the MS. I want to get @$2k us & suspect there could be 1k thb hanging in the balance. Read a report suggesting TCM bank Soi 11. Anyone have suggestions or want to cross paths?Ultra Pilot,

I don't think that it makes a big difference where you change the money. The most important thing is to bring the foreign currency into Thailand and change it here - don't change in your home country. Alternatively use an ATM card - here in Thailand.

Giotto

M P Lurker
11-09-07, 06:35
Ultra Pilot,
I don't think that it makes a big difference where you change the money. The most important thing is to bring the foreign currency into Thailand and change it here - don't change in your home country. Alternatively use an ATM card - here in Thailand.
Giotto
I absolutely concur. If you change money to Thai in your home country you will be ripped off badly. Rates at proper exchange places here are generally pretty good, but Hotel rates are usually not good.
In the end its not worth hunting around for a long time to save a few measly Baht.

I have opened a Thai Bank Account with Bangkok Bank.
So my usual method is to do a large Electronic International transfer to my Thai bank account but do it in my home currency, allowing conversion to Thai Baht to occur in Thailand. This avoids the home banks ripping me off.
I can even do it over the internet from right here in Thailand after checking the going Rates on Bangkok Banks website:
http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Web+Services/Rates/FX+Rates.htm
If my Thai bank account runs out, I can always fall back to ATMs accessing my home bank accounts, but sometimes I am not using home accounts when I don't want the home government to be absolutely sure of where I am located.

Daddy San
11-11-07, 16:37
Hi Giotto and other BKK experts,

I am planning a 6 weeks SE-Asia trip with a good deal of mongering in Thailand and especially in BKK in February.

My last visit to BKK was almost exactly 20 years ago and I gather that things have changed since.

That's I am collecting as much info as I can, and this forum is an invaluable, although not the only source.

There seems to be a lot of relevant info on another forum, which many of you here are surely familiar with, whose name is "unmentionable" here. The name consists the Bangkok airport code and that part of today when the sun has gone down. (I hope that this won't get me banned!).

Their $117 membership fee, the price of 2 STs, is no problem at all, provided it's worth it. So my question to you is:

Is the info provided there worth the money?

Looking forward to your unbiased recommendations, as PMs if you wish,

Papa San

Giotto
11-12-07, 05:08
There seems to be a lot of relevant info on another forum, which many of you here are surely familiar with, whose name is "unmentionable" here. The name consists the Bangkok airport code and that part of today when the sun has gone down. (I hope that this won't get me banned!).
Daddy San,

it's more for local expats, and I think you can find much more useful information (as a quasi newbie) in this forum.

Giotto

Khushi39
11-12-07, 14:09
Giotto,

Not really a newbie, been to LOS a number of times, enjoyed your hospitality in March this year and hoping to be back ASAP. Have been thru the massage parlour, go go bars and soapies routine. Where are the Coyote Bars?

I am attaching links from youtube. And I hope this is not a violation of forum rules.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQUErisbVSQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5o_TF9Uaf8

You seem to be the most knowledgeable and from my experience a great help too. Where are such clubs? Names? Reviews?

Giotto
11-12-07, 19:13
Giotto,

Not really a newbie, been to LOS a number of times, enjoyed your hospitality in March this year and hoping to be back ASAP. Have been thru the massage parlour, go go bars and soapies routine. Where are the Coyote Bars?

I am attaching links from youtube. And I hope this is not a violation of forum rules.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQUErisbVSQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5o_TF9Uaf8

You seem to be the most knowledgeable and from my experience a great help too. Where are such clubs? Names? Reviews?Khushi39,

Yikes! Don't know. Cannot watch the videos either - the links do not work. Piano? - ... I try to find out.

Giotto

Wolfie Mike
11-13-07, 00:24
Giotto (and other Forum participants)

I shall be making my first visit to Bangkok in March for a conference. Unfortunately I will be part of a large senior team from my organisation and will be staying at JW Marriott. I'd much prefer to stay at Livingstone's and will be seeing if I can add a day or two at one end of my visit to do just that.

How far is JW Marriott from Livingstone's? How long by taxi - as I plan to escape my colleagues for some personal time on several evenings?

This may/may not be a silly question but is the Marriott GF? I ask as some Marriotts in other mongering destinations are definitely not GF.

Hoping to see you in March...WM

1Ball
11-13-07, 00:59
Wolfie, the JW is the second most GF hotel in BKK.

How far is Livingstone? You can walk it in 20, take a skytrain and be there in 15, or take a taxi and be there in 1 hour.

Giotto
11-13-07, 04:55
How far is Livingstone? You can walk it in 20, take a skytrain and be there in 15, or take a taxi and be there in 1 hour.LOL.

If you walk to Soin Nana and cross Sukhumvit there, and take a taxi on the opposite side of Sukhumvit - you only need 20 min. with a taxi, may be less.

Giotto

Member #1432
11-14-07, 11:26
Hi,

Am staying at "THE ASCOTT SATHORN". Can you pls suggest some good Massage centres around?

Thanks in advance.

Giotto
11-14-07, 20:44
Hi,

Am staying at "THE ASCOTT SATHORN". Can you pls suggest some good Massage centres around?

Thanks in advance.Member #1432,

There are some smaller massage parlours on Suriwong Road.

Forget it, take a taxi to Sukhumvit Road, Ratchadapisek Road, New Petchaburi Road or the Rama 9 area.

Giotto

Wolfie Mike
11-16-07, 16:06
Giotto, 1Ball

Thanks for your help. Good news that the JW is close to Livingstone's. :)

NSA Cruzer
11-16-07, 16:31
I absolutely concur. If you change money to Thai in your home country you will be ripped off badly. Rates at proper exchange places here are generally pretty good, but Hotel rates are usually not good.

In the end its not worth hunting around for a long time to save a few measly Baht.

I have opened a Thai Bank Account with Bangkok Bank.
So my usual method is to do a large Electronic International transfer to my Thai bank account but do it in my home currency, allowing conversion to Thai Baht to occur in Thailand. This avoids the home banks ripping me off.
I can even do it over the internet from right here in Thailand after checking the going Rates on Bangkok Banks website:
http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/Web+Services/Rates/FX+Rates.htm
If my Thai bank account runs out, I can always fall back to ATMs accessing my home bank accounts, but sometimes I am not using home accounts when I don't want the home government to be absolutely sure of where I am located.Hi Mick Licker,

You mentioned that you don't want to use your home ATM card in Thailand so the govt won't locate you. Unfortunately, if (quote) the 'large electronic transfer' (unquote) you performed from your home bank to the Thai Bank account is above a certain threshold, then the govt will know where you are. Even a small amount, the govt can track you.

My advice for you, or anybody, is if you want to transfer funds (large or small) overseas;

A) don't transfer from your 'home' bank there will always be a record regardless if you are below the reporting threshold;

B) don't use a bank. Use the post office, money order, or wire-transfer service. Minimal ID required and reporting methods are not as stringent as the banks;

C) Use a pre-paid debit card (one not attached to a bank) as no reporting requirements;

D) Never change money at 'home', always change at the country of destination and search for the black market FX changes.

The best way is to take cash with you and exchange your USD, EUR, AUD, GBP. Etc at the country of destination and convert back before departing. After all, THB are not a highly-sort FX currency back at home. Furthermore, the prying eyes of govt don't know where you are as you will not use your ATM.

Kanpo
11-20-07, 05:48
Hi,

Well, pulled the trigger and booked the flight. My first trip and I'll be staying at Livingstones (provided my reservation request can be filled) I'm arriving on the 26th at 1:10 a.m. and wondering if there's the opportunity to exchange some traveller's cheques at the airport at that time of morning.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.

Kanpo
11-20-07, 11:45
What's a reasonable amount to spend for a taxi from BKK airport to Livingstones?

Thanks

Fox Two
11-21-07, 09:55
What's a reasonable amount to spend for a taxi from BKK airport to Livingstones?

Thanks

It cost about 340 THB (tolls and small tip incl) for my friend and myself. We used a metered Taxi from the curbside line (not from the touts offering special rides inside the airport for 600 THB). When it's your turn, just give them the address from the website. Ask the taxi driver to pay the toll and tell him you'll pay everything at the end of the ride. Toll was 40-60 THB, I forget. Meter ended up at about 260-ish and change. Bottom line, don't pay more than 400 THB at the most since you will probably not be carrying small change with you.

Giotto
11-22-07, 04:48
Hi,

Well, pulled the trigger and booked the flight. My first trip and I'll be staying at Livingstones (provided my reservation request can be filled) I'm arriving on the 26th at 1:10 a.m. and wondering if there's the opportunity to exchange some traveller's cheques at the airport at that time of morning.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.Kanpo,

I never exchanged traveller's cheques that late / early, but that is an international airport, and you should find a money changer / bank in the airport building which does that.

Otherwise - just come over to the Lodge, then we find a solution here.

Giotto

Giotto
11-22-07, 04:51

ThanksShould be THB 250 - 300, not more than that.

The taxidriver shall go the EXPRESSWAY, exit Rama 9 (I think already the second exist after entering the expressway).

Then going to Petchaburi Road, to Sukhumvit Soi 39 (Phrompong), and from there through the small roads to Soi 33.

This is by far the fastest way to come here, whatever traffic might be.

Giotto

Kanpo
11-22-07, 07:24
Thanks Giotto,

I'm all packed and will be leaving in the morning. Look very much forward to meeting you

Glenn

Member #3428
11-22-07, 08:26
I'm arriving on the 26th at 1:10 a.m. and wondering if there's the opportunity to exchange some traveller's cheques at the airport at that time of morning.

yes you can, there were two places at the airport after immigration that were open at that hour the last time i was through there (recently).

M P Lurker
11-22-07, 12:16
Should be THB 250 - 300, not more than that.

The taxidriver shall go the EXPRESSWAY, exit Rama 9 (I think already the second exist after entering the expressway).

Then going to Petchaburi Road, to Sukhumvit Soi 39 (Phrompong), and from there through the small roads to Soi 33.

Giotto
That suprises me after I had a bad experience doing what you describe approximately in reverse, to get to the airport. The little Sois were bad news on that evening.
But perhaps coming from the airport is much better.

Last time coming from the airport early in the morning we looked down from the expressway to the road under Rama 9 and it was jammed. We continued on expressway without much problem to Sukhumwit exit and had a reasonable run from there. So are you really sure the Rama 9 exit will win?

Now I must admit I haven't tried all arrival times and concede you must really have the experience on the board, but I was suprised.

Tiger 888
11-22-07, 13:40
Should be THB 250 - 300, not more than that.

Giotto300 is already the very high end. If going by meter I most of the time manage to get to soi 18 for 200-230 Baht including a 20-30 Baht tip. Soi 33 is supposed to be closer. Tollway (25 Baht) is not necessary, but it seems to me the drivers get a boost on their ego taking the expressway. So almost everyone is going for it. The ones who don't get the tollway charge as an extra tip.

Giotto
11-22-07, 18:19
Last time coming from the airport early in the morning we looked down from the expressway to the road under Rama 9 and it was jammed. We continued on expressway without much problem to Sukhumwit exit and had a reasonable run from there. So are you really sure the Rama 9 exit will win?
Mick Licker,

Sure. If Rama 9 is jammed Sukhumvit is more jammed. Rama 9 is always faster.

Giotto

M P Lurker
11-23-07, 12:08
Mick Licker,
Sure. If Rama 9 is jammed Sukhumvit is more jammed. Rama 9 is always faster.
Giotto
Not when I arrived early on a Friday morning, probably 7:30AM. Sukhumwit was O.K. (not too bad) from expressway to Soi 33, but road underneath the Rama 9 expressway looked very slow, so we didn't exit in that region.
Remainder of expressway was moving quite well. Maybe we just beat the major rush. So I understand that if we were later, our decision may well have been quite wrong.

When I went to the Airport it was the Sois on the way to Rama 9 that were extremely slow moving. Took me well over 1 hour to get onto the expressway, and then thankfully very fast to the airport from there. Made me wish I had tried Sukhumwit road to get to the expressway as it has never taken me over 1 hour to go along Sukhumwit in that direction. Is there any improvement coming back from the airport via the Sois? Perhaps the cabs use different Sois coming the other way.

Xerman
01-22-08, 15:56
When you say "first trip, " I think you mean to Thailand. You should have a great time. Also, you made the right decision to stay at Livingstones. I have stayed there once now and in my future trips it is going to be my place to stay (if Giotto will allow me back? ). It is a superb location.

Enjoy your trip.

Xerman

Hi,

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.

Giotto
01-23-08, 08:43
Also, you made the right decision to stay at Livingstones. I have stayed there once now and in my future trips it is going to be my place to stay (if Giotto will allow me back? ).
Xerman,

Hmmm....let me think about that :) !

Giotto

SexWithSmile
01-23-08, 10:02
All the suggestions about the itinary to take are great, but try to say that to a Thai taxi driver.

My suggestion is that the IT Wizzard Dr. G. writes down in Thai those instructions, and put them on the Livingstones website for users to print them - et voila! no more problem to arrive to the Lodge.

And Giotto can always send some misleading instructions to the guests he does not want to see coming.

Darth Luca
01-24-08, 01:34
Hello Mr Giotto,

I will be having my first trip to Bangkok and Pattaya in February. As a newbie i researched the the whole forum intensly. My travel agency book either River Side Hotel or Twin Towers Hotel included with the airline tickets. But after my research i decided to stay at the Livingstone's Lodge ( that is if you accept me )

I do not want to stay somewhere I don't know and everybody in the forum respect you and Livingstone's Lodge, so i guess this is the best place for me stay. So I will buy airline tickets and make hotel bookings seperately.

I would like to use the Promotion Option No. 3. I can not send u a PM right know as I do not have the privelige to send PM now. And I can not buy PM cause I am at work and I can only acces the site via proxy site and this forum is considered as an Adult Site as our hardware firewall. I will buy the PM after I get of work but it will take about 7 days to be activated (as stated here).

Since I am working at the airport and I would like to buy my ticket today before I leave work and especially before price gets higher, is it possible for you to confirm a booking for the dates 03FEBRUARY - 11FEBRUARY with the Promotion Option No. 3 ?

I have also send an e-mail to info@livingstones.co.th and will call later (dont want to wake you up). I hope i can reach you on the phone when I ask to speak with Mr. Giotto.

Hope to hear from you soon as this is quite important to me to plan my trip in advance

Giotto
01-25-08, 13:24
Since I am working at the airport and I would like to buy my ticket today before I leave work and especially before price gets higher, is it possible for you to confirm a booking for the dates 03FEBRUARY - 11FEBRUARY with the Promotion Option No. 3 ?
Darth Luca,

I know that we are very full during this period, it is Chinese New Year. All bookings will be confirmed via E-Mail - and if you have the confirmation and stay from the 3rd to the 11th then you can of course apply for the ISG promotion No. 3.

I read before your question in the Bangkok Hotel thread, whether the two mentioned hotels are guest friendly. And - I could not answer that question, I don't know both of those hotels.

Hope to see you here at Livingstone's.

Giotto

Montrealer2
02-03-08, 01:35
I was just wondering how hard Police control sp's in the street. I'm thinking of hitting the NEP and the parking lot, but am a bit worried regarding law enforcement (the last thing i want happen is to be stopped by cops in another country). Obviously, I will never do anything stupid and will always be discrete, but do the police do undercover stings, or am I being paranoid!!!!??/

Thanks in advance,

M2

Giotto
02-04-08, 07:31
I was just wondering how hard Police control sp's in the street. I'm thinking of hitting the NEP and the parking lot, but am a bit worried regarding law enforcement (the last thing i want happen is to be stopped by cops in another country). Obviously, I will never do anything stupid and will always be discrete, but do the police do undercover stings, or am I being paranoid!!!!??/
Montrealer2,

No reason to be worried.

There is some police late night at the Nana Parking Lot, but I think it is more a symbolic presence. If they take action (sometimes) they target the girls, not the customers ( no case I know about ).

I never heard about any undercover activities of the police.

Giotto

M P Lurker
02-04-08, 10:11
Montrealer2,

No reason to be worried.

There is some police late night at the Nana Parking Lot, but I think it is more a symbolic presence. If they take action (sometimes) they target the girls, not the customers ( no case I know about ).

I never heard about any undercover activities of the police.

Giotto
I have been at Nana parking lot 2 or 3 times during a police raid.
I have never been concerned for myself. One time walked away with 2 or 3 girls on my arm, not because I wanted to book them but only to assist their escape. I had just returned from a wild sex session and a little drunk as well so I wasn't horny at all. But was just chatting to some girls for fun.

Another time witnessed a German man talking with the police and claiming that several ladyboys worked for him, in rather badly pronounced Thai (I had trouble undertstanding his Thai) but to no avail. The ladyboys got knicked, and he was just ignored. The police would have understood him better if he spoke English (but useless anyway).

So don't be concerned. Police are generally not at all interested in tourists wandering around having a good time, even if you are drinking on the street or consorting with all the Thais that they want to grab..

Montrealer2
02-04-08, 13:07
Mick, Giotto!

Thank you. You guys are class acts!

Would it be safe to assume that the best hours to get the best-looking girls in BKK are (generally-speaking):

GO-GO BARS : 7-9pm
MASSAGE PARLORS: 12-2pm
Street: at night 12-2am

(this is the general feel that I get after having read hundreds of reports on ISG).

Would it be safe to assume the same holds true in Phuket and Pattaya?

Terry Terrier
02-05-08, 02:07
M2,

It's wise to avoid the Pattaya street scenes (in particular the beach side of Beach Road) at night-time if you are new to them. There are a lot of unsavoury characters who will jump on a noob faster than you can cast them a glance.

In Patts, a good option is the hundreds of beer bars, which are good 'hunting grounds', with almost countless girls ranging from fresh-faced, newly-off the-bus-from-Issarn ones through to hardened, been-around-the-block-a-few-times ones, with every type in-between. One of the big pluses of these bars is you can spend time at your leisure chatting in a relaxed atmosphere to a girl who has caught your eye.

The Bangkok lower Sukhumvit street scene is fine and can be a lot of fun, with some good finds even beyond 2am. The only major worry in this location is pickpockets. I ALWAYS use one of those secret wallets that can be bought at most major airports.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Montrealer2
02-05-08, 12:23
Thanks for your wise words TT!

M2,

It's wise to avoid the Pattaya street scenes (in particular the beach side of Beach Road) at night-time if you are new to them. There are a lot of unsavoury characters who will jump on a noob faster than you can cast them a glance.

In Patts, a good option is the hundreds of beer bars, which are good 'hunting grounds', with almost countless girls ranging from fresh-faced, newly-off the-bus-from-Issarn ones through to hardened, been-around-the-block-a-few-times ones, with every type in-between. One of the big pluses of these bars is you can spend time at your leisure chatting in a relaxed atmosphere to a girl who has caught your eye.

The Bangkok lower Sukhumvit street scene is fine and can be a lot of fun, with some good finds even beyond 2am. The only major worry in this location is pickpockets. I ALWAYS use one of those secret wallets that can be bought at most major airports.

Hope you enjoy your trip.

Daddy San
02-11-08, 16:27
Hi there,

How long does it usually take to clear immigration & customs at BKK?

Do they process foreign nationals ("aliens") in a civilised fashion or the US way?

Giotto
02-11-08, 22:26
Hi there,

How long does it usually take to clear immigration & customs at BKK?

Do they process foreign nationals ("aliens") in a civilised fashion or the US way?Daddy San,

Civilized. It last something between 10 min. and 1 hour, depending on the dat/time of arrival.

Giotto

Santij
02-17-08, 10:59
I have 8 hrs wait time to get my next flight in Bangkok. Can some one give me details like is it possible to go out to the city and have 1 hr session and come back to airport with in 8 hrs? If so, can some one give me the plan .. like where to go and how to proceed and how much its going to cost?.

I searched little bit this forum, but did not find these details .

Thanks a bunch in advance

Giotto
02-18-08, 07:27
I have 8 hrs wait time to get my next flight in Bangkok. Can some one give me details like is it possible to go out to the city and have 1 hr session and come back to airport with in 8 hrs? If so, can some one give me the plan .. like where to go and how to proceed and how much its going to cost?.

Thanks a bunch in advanceSantij,

I moved this report over to this thread.

This question was discussed many times in the Bangkok thread of the main Thailand forum. Generally, with 8 hours time to go, there should not be any time problems at all.

Where to go depends on your preferences. You might read Mick Lickers report on Soapy Massage Parlours in the "Massage Parlour" thread, and pick the place you might like. I would recommend to simply go to "Darling" in Sukhumvit Soi 12.

Giotto

Weatherman
04-15-08, 02:19
Mr. Giotto,

Your forum and its advice are a tremendous asset to the world. I have them book marked and read the posts every few weeks. I've mainly mongered in the US, Mexico, and Canada. However, I'm getting my first chance to visit Thailand this summer.

As a result, I'm starting to make plans for my first visit to LOS. I've been re-reading posts on your forum as well as the Thailand threads. Since my company is paying to get me to India, I don't really have a choice on dates. I will be flying in from Bangalore, India for 5 to 7 days of fun and debauchery after my business trip. I have three questions at this time and will probably have more.

First, what are some good choices for flights from Bangalore? In my preliminary checks, I found a round trip price of $236 US. Is that a reasonable price.

Second, what type of weather can I expect in Bangkok the first two weeks in July? I know that this is the start of the monsoon season. However, I didn't pick the dates for the trip to Bangalore, just the vacation after the trip. I am also aware that the monsoon is more predictable than summer severe weather here in the states. However, am I looking at a washout? In addition to mongering, I want to visit some tourist sites, palaces, and temples for the experience and the note of plausibility.

Third, I'm interested in seeing Ankor what in Cambodia. Is that a day trip or should I plan for an over-night stay there as well?

And thanks for the tips in advance. With the right planning I think I can pull this off.

Duniawala
04-15-08, 16:54
................First, what are some good choices for flights from Bangalore? In my preliminary checks, I found a round trip price of $236 US. Is that a reasonable price................
That IS a good price. What airline is it?

1Ball
04-15-08, 17:20
Mr. Giotto,
Third, I'm interested in seeing Ankor what in Cambodia. Is that a day trip or should I plan for an over-night stay there as well?

Weatherman, Angkor Wat is an amazing place, and some people spend a week wondering around, so a day trip is really not a good idea.

My thought would be to take the first flight out in the morning, spend a night there, and fly back on the last flight the next evening.

Sunrise at Angkor is SPECTACULAR, and something you will remember the rest of your life, so I hope you are an early riser, it is absolutely worth it. Hope you in shape also, as the best views are from high up. lots of climbing. Again, worth every drop of sweat.

Doesn't answer all your questions, but I hope that helps.

Traveler1234
04-15-08, 18:41

Thanks a bunch in advance

1. One+hour to get into town- B250 to Thonglor
2. Two hours at Tulip (or Darling) for porn like experience B800+2000 tip (do search for complete details)
3. One hour to eat, relax
4. Two+ hrs thai massage at CEFLE, Soi 33 (Giotto's can help arrange) B300 plus 300 tip
5. Back to airport, write a report for ISG and board your flight B250

B5000 more than enough to cover it all

Weatherman
04-16-08, 01:55
That IS a good price. What airline is it?Duniawala,

The airline is Air India. It is an Airbus A300, so it presumably has wings and real seats. I've been on some flights in the states that had canvas seats on tube frames.

It is a red-eye from 12:30 AM to 6 AM (local times each). But that is OK. I figure I'd just sleep on the flight then decompress and nap during the first day in Thailand. That way I should be ready for the first night out!

Thanks for the feedback!

Now I just need the dates to be firm so I can book the flight.

Giotto
04-18-08, 07:03
Your forum and its advice are a tremendous asset to the world. I have them book marked and read the posts every few weeks.
...Weatherman,

..."tremendous asset to the world" - thank you, but i am really not so sure about that :).

Most of the questions are answered, here my comments on the open ones:

Weather in July

Correct, it's raining season, but nobody can really give you an advice how much it will rain. I had years here with nearly no rain in July, and years with rain showers every day. But most likely it will be hot, humid and it will rain sometimes.

Angkhor Wat

As I know you CANNOT make it as a day trip from Bangkok, you need to stay at least one night in Siem Reap! You need at least 2 days, I flew there once early in the morning and back late the next day. If you really want to see something that's the minumum you need.

It's not only the big temple, there are hundreds of temples...and the floating village is also worth a visit.

Giotto

PassinThrough
04-19-08, 10:45
Weatherman,
As I know you CANNOT make it as a day trip from Bangkok, you need to stay at least one night in Siem Reap! You need at least 2 days, I flew there once early in the morning and back late the next day. If you really want to see something that's the minumum you need.
Giotto

If you really want to see Angkor Wat then 4 days is about the minimum if you have a good guide and a driver. Even with that amount of time it will feel rushed. You want to see the temples like Banyaan and the Pink Sandstone temple as well as Angkor Wat, Elephant Terrace and many others. Also a trip to Tongle Sap is really good to see the floating villages. If you want to shop that is at least half a day in
Siem Reap. Basically if you go for one or two days you are only scratching the surface and missing a lot.

PIT

Andy G
04-19-08, 15:16
Obviously your biggest problem is you have limited time. I would spend 3-4 days in Bangkok and stay at Giottos to maximise your time. Then 2 days in Siem Reap then back for a final night in Bangkok

I spent 2 nights in Siem Reap, got there late afternoon but researched the temples I wanted to see as i had limited time as well. You can arrange a moto driver (tuk tuk style) the night before to pick you up at say 6.00am (this is very easy to do) and he can drive you around all day. In the very early morning is awesome, not many people around and not to hot. It will be very hot from about 10am so be prepared

Must see Tomb Raider temple, Banyon and of course Angkor Wat

I probably saw 10% of the entire site but I left satisfied knowing I could go back there again one day.

Good luck and enjoy

Petemcc
04-19-08, 17:18
OK guys, I am asking you this rather than on an open forum because I think you have a fair idea of who and what I am-be that bad or good.
I've hooked up with a couple or three girls on dating websites and I want to take them out in Bangkok for coffee in one case, and a meal in another 2, or was it the other way around? Not sure. Anyway, they look like nice ladies, like over 30 years old, some have kids, so I wonder about the following:
1. What are the chances of a girl on a dating website wanting a short time fuck with someone who treats them well for a few hours?
2. Where is a good place to go for a meal? Now that is a loaded question, because obviously Livingstones does top meals, but will normal TGs know that the location is in mongerville, or is the area quite diverse, and acceptable for an ordinary TG? Clearly, meal, few drinks, temptation, upstairs is the go, and if it fails, no taxi back, just straight into the bar for some nice company.
3. Best place for a coffee? Now I am not a conneseaur (forgive the spelling, too tired to check), instant does me, but a nice place, near enough Livingstones to make a proposition seem attractive?
4. Finally, as per 1 above, are older TGs, who are on dating sites gagging for a good fucking or not?

Thanks gentlemen

Pete

Terry Terrier
04-20-08, 00:07
OK guys, I am asking you this rather than on an open forum because I think you have a fair idea of who and what I am-be that bad or good.
I've hooked up with a couple or three girls on dating websites and I want to take them out in Bangkok for coffee in one case, and a meal in another 2, or was it the other way around? Not sure. Anyway, they look like nice ladies, like over 30 years old, some have kids, so I wonder about the following:
1. What are the chances of a girl on a dating website wanting a short time fuck with someone who treats them well for a few hours?
2. Where is a good place to go for a meal? Now that is a loaded question, because obviously Livingstones does top meals, but will normal TGs know that the location is in mongerville, or is the area quite diverse, and acceptable for an ordinary TG? Clearly, meal, few drinks, temptation, upstairs is the go, and if it fails, no taxi back, just straight into the bar for some nice company.
3. Best place for a coffee? Now I am not a conneseaur (forgive the spelling, too tired to check), instant does me, but a nice place, near enough Livingstones to make a proposition seem attractive?
4. Finally, as per 1 above, are older TGs, who are on dating sites gagging for a good fucking or not?

Thanks gentlemen

Pete
Pete,

If you just want a shag with a non-pro gal, don't leave any tracks. No hotel bookings under your real name, no 'phone numbers that can lead out of Thailand, etc, etc (btw, there is no guarantee that girls in Thailand (younger or older) met through dating sites are not on the game: I've had plenty of intel that quite a lot of them are.

My advice is: Leave the difficult fucks to the guys who live in LOS, and keep your own fucks simple by paying for them.

Of course, if you're looking for a full-blown relationship, then only apply my first paragraph and proceed with caution.

NicFrenchy
04-20-08, 06:03
My advice is: Leave the difficult fucks to the guys who live in LOS, and keep your own fucks simple by paying for them.

unless your motive is only to have a good time and attempt the "Date" game with a non P4P Thai girl. My guess is don't expect too much on the first date.

If your only motive is to fuck, then Terry is right with the above quoted comment.

Petemcc
04-20-08, 16:21
unless your motive is only to have a good time and attempt the "Date" game with a non P4P Thai girl. My guess is don't expect too much on the first date.

If your only motive is to fuck, then Terry is right with the above quoted comment.

Thanks for the advice guys. It's a two pronged idea, if I can get a fuck on a first date-wow, excellent, bonus. If not, just a nice time with a nice girl, then back to Livingstones to get a nasty girl!!

But what about my questions about the best place to go for a meal etc? Can you help there? Leave the fucking or not to me, I just need suggestions for locations.
Petemcc

NicFrenchy
04-20-08, 17:19
But what about my questions about the best place to go for a meal etc? Can you help there?

That's a very difficult question.

It all depends on what you want to spend and what kind of food you llike.

Since you are staying at the Lodge, I will recommend Sukhumvit Restaurants:

Limoncello http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/limoncello.html
La Villa http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/lavilla.html
the Great American Rib Company (Sukumvit Soi 36)= best ribs in BKK
Crepes & Co http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/crepes&co.html
Baan Khanitha http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/baankhanitha&gallery.html
Le Dalat Indochine http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/ledalat.html
Rang Mahal http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/rangmahal.html
The Cedar http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/thecedar.html

My Favourite: Chez Philippe http://matrix.bangkokpost.co.th/entertainment/restaurants/review.php?id=390

Petemcc
04-20-08, 17:35
That's a very difficult question.

It all depends on what you want to spend and what kind of food you llike.

Since you are staying at the Lodge, I will recommend Sukhumvit Restaurants:

Limoncello http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/limoncello.html
La Villa http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/lavilla.html
the Great American Rib Company (Sukumvit Soi 36)= best ribs in BKK
Crepes & Co http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/crepes&co.html
Baan Khanitha http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/baankhanitha&gallery.html
Le Dalat Indochine http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/ledalat.html
Rang Mahal http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/rangmahal.html
The Cedar http://www.thailandsbestrestaurants.com/restaurants/thecedar.html

My Favourite: Chez Philippe http://matrix.bangkokpost.co.th/entertainment/restaurants/review.php?id=390
thanks for that.
Pete

Giotto
04-21-08, 07:24
Petemcc,

Some additional info's reg. your questions:

1.) Chances

It's a poker game. You might be lucky. Dating sites are in this days often misused by working girls to find customers. And then many of the women writing in there are looking for a farang/higher-income boyfriend / husband - they are usually willing to fulfill the expectations, if you know what I mean.

2.) Dinner

I agree with NicFrenchy on the following options:

Some of the other options are a bit out of the price line for a first dinner.

3.) Coffee Shop

There are some coffee shops around here - one is on Sukhumvit when you come down from the Skytrain brigde on the way to us, opposite the Emporium. That's a small nice-and-easy place. But - I would go there to discuss problems with business partners, but not for a date.

Try the food court upstairs in Emporium, you will find several places which might fit.

4.) Older Thai Women

Older Thail women are most likely looking for a boyfriend / husband, and not so much for a one-night experience. The combination of Older Thai women, dating site and a one-night stand sounds like a lot of trouble to me.

Giotto

Petemcc
04-21-08, 13:03
Thanks.

Pete

Terry Terrier
04-22-08, 00:17
Pete,

The Londoner (www.the-londoner.com/) is an option and is very local to your hotel. It's a vast, busy basement pub/restaurant that has an extensive pub-type menu, plus a smaller Thai one. It has it's own micro-brewery, and when I was last there (a while ago) the beers were excellent but bloody expensive.

Petemcc
04-22-08, 02:02
Thanks again.
The whole idea may have gone tits up however, but we'll see!

Pete

NicFrenchy
04-22-08, 02:40
Pete,

The Londoner (www.the-londoner.com/) is an option and is very local to your hotel. It's a vast, busy basement pub/restaurant that has an extensive pub-type menu, plus a smaller Thai one. It has it's own micro-brewery, and when I was last there (a while ago) the beers were excellent but bloody expensive.

I would not recommend this pub to bring a first date

Petemcc
04-22-08, 15:47
So I have this 34 year old seperated Bangkok nurse, with children, who she doesn't live with, knows I am married and wants to meet with me for dinner.
"ok.no problem .however i will be the best friend to u too,don't worry ,i understand "

She also said she is easy with food.

Is she shaggable back at the Lodge?

Pete

NicFrenchy
04-23-08, 00:34
Is she shaggable back at the Lodge?

Pete

My personnal guess: Yes.

But it all depends on how you play it. Go to Dinner in a nice Place, maybe offer to take her dancing afterwards?
She is 34 and probably knows what she wants anyway :)

One thing though, I am not sure that bringing her back to soi 33 could be a good idea, she will definitely notice all the Hostess bars around it and seeing how Partial TGs are with "prostitutes" my guess is that it might turn her off.

M P Lurker
04-23-08, 15:03

Thanks for that recommendation.
When I eat out in Aus I like Japanese and French.
But I hadn't yet found a good French Restaurant in Sukhumwit.

So hope to try it soon.

Petemcc
04-24-08, 01:14
My personnal guess: Yes.

But it all depends on how you play it. Go to Dinner in a nice Place, maybe offer to take her dancing afterwards?
She is 34 and probably knows what she wants anyway :)

One thing though, I am not sure that bringing her back to soi 33 could be a good idea, she will definitely notice all the Hostess bars around it and seeing how Partial TGs are with "prostitutes" my guess is that it might turn her off.

Thanks. This is a difficult one because I have to catch a plane at something stupid like 0830 the next morning, so I'll be up at 0600, or earlier. Anyway, that aside for a moment, how about Livingstones itself? I was treated to a meal there by Mr G himself, and it was top quality food. How much does a seperated 34 years old nurse need to feel a bit special for one night? I know you say LL is bang in the middle of the hostess bars, but once through the pillars, it is a different world. Or-and I am not good at this dating game, because being married, and a monger, I don't have to, is it taking the [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) a bit by asking her to come and eat at my hotel?
My thoughts are she is not up for any horizontal action, so it's straight into the sports bar, no time to waste as it's an early start in the morning.
Comments and thoughts please?
Pete

NicFrenchy
04-24-08, 03:42
Thanks. This is a difficult one because I have to catch a plane at something stupid like 0830 the next morning, so I'll be up at 0600, or earlier. Anyway, that aside for a moment, how about Livingstones itself? I was treated to a meal there by Mr G himself, and it was top quality food. How much does a seperated 34 years old nurse need to feel a bit special for one night? I know you say LL is bang in the middle of the hostess bars, but once through the pillars, it is a different world. Or-and I am not good at this dating game, because being married, and a monger, I don't have to, is it taking the [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) a bit by asking her to come and eat at my hotel?
My thoughts are she is not up for any horizontal action, so it's straight into the sports bar, no time to waste as it's an early start in the morning.
Comments and thoughts please?
Pete

Forget your Flight, if you have a chance to score then you'll have plenty of time to sleep on the plane.

LL is a real Paradise and I am sure she will love the food and being around the pool. Book a Jacuzzi room and tell her about it while dining, like "My room is very nice and has this huge Jacuzzi inside", my guess is she will be curious about it ;)

The thing you need to prepare yourself for is that she will surely ask you why you booked this Hotel (LL), especially after seeing the bars around soi 33 and the cuties from the sports bar itself. Just be ready with a "it had very good reviews on the internet" type answer.

I will say it again, I think that you have a chance of scoring with her. She knows that at 34 she is not young anymore and that there are a lot of younger and prettier girls available all around the country so even if she is looking for a long term relationship, she might sleep with you just to keep herself in the game.

Best of luck ;)

Petemcc
04-24-08, 09:48
Forget your Flight, if you have a chance to score then you'll have plenty of time to sleep on the plane.

LL is a real Paradise and I am sure she will love the food and being around the pool. Book a Jacuzzi room and tell her about it while dining, like "My room is very nice and has this huge Jacuzzi inside", my guess is she will be curious about it ;)

The thing you need to prepare yourself for is that she will surely ask you why you booked this Hotel (LL), especially after seeing the bars around soi 33 and the cuties from the sports bar itself. Just be ready with a "it had very good reviews on the internet" type answer.

I will say it again, I think that you have a chance of scoring with her. She knows that at 34 she is not young anymore and that there are a lot of younger and prettier girls available all around the country so even if she is looking for a long term relationship, she might sleep with you just to keep herself in the game.

Best of luck ;)

That's very helpful, I will send LL a message asking for the Jacuzzi room upgrade, why the fuck not eh? I have a harrowing 2 days in court the days after, so yeah, good idea.
PEte

Cool Jaybabe
06-29-08, 06:03
Mr G or anyone else with knowledge,

I did my RTFF (not throughly though) but wasn't able to find much information about Hostess Bars. My question is pretty simple.

How do they work? How are they different than beer gardens or Go-go bars.

Any pros or cons of Hostess Bars vs others

Giotto
06-30-08, 07:19
How do they work? How are they different than beer gardens or Go-go bars.

Any pros or cons of Hostess Bars vs othersCool Jaybabe,

Hostess bars are targetting the up-market customer - they are basically more expensive than Gogo- or beer bars (though I recently found out that the beer prices in Soi Nana/Soi Cowboy are higher than here in Soi 33).

If you enter a hostess bar you will immediately learn about the general style of the bar. In a good one you will be guided to a seat, ask what you want to drink, and later then some ladies will come and talk to you. In a bad one you will be surrounded by a bunch if girls when you enter, and you will not even have time to look for a seat before they ask you to buy them a drink. If that happens to me I usually turn around and leave the bar immediately - rip-off alert!

Sit down, relax and establish eye contact to a lady you like. Invite her for some drinks, but watch your bill - and do not allow her to invite her friends for drinks (then you are lost, transfer your salary directly to the bar owner). Check out whether the chemistry with that lady is ok, and - after a while - if you think it is ok you can directly ask her whether she "goes out" with you. You always have to expect that some of the girls don't, they only work in the bars for entertaining and drinking with customers. But in general the girls will go.

Don't be shy - ask directly about bar-fines (to be paid to the bar) and other fees (to be paid to the girls), about ST and LT rates. If you agree you "bar-fine" her, pay for the bill (on which you will find the barfine) and leave.

Don't expect this ladies to be sex monsters - most of them are normal women with normal/average sexual desire. If you want a "special technique" experience go to the massage parlours or Eden Club.

Giotto

Casparza
06-30-08, 15:30
Hi there,

I'll arrive to LL at 02.00am and a quality massage & some extras will be good after long flight. I wonder where can I find a outsider massage service to my room?

I saw some MP's have 24hr service but I dont know which one have good massage / techinique ?

Or can I find her from sports bar in LL ? *but I dont interest full service for first night.

Thank you.

Giotto
07-02-08, 07:24
Hi there,

I'll arrive to LL at 02.00am and a quality massage & some extras will be good after long flight. I wonder where can I find a outsider massage service to my room?

I saw some MP's have 24hr service but I dont know which one have good massage / techinique ?

Or can I find her from sports bar in LL ? *but I dont interest full service for first night.

Thank you.Casparza,

We have a few girls with a real massage training, and one of them is really good. But - the question is whether she is still available at 2 am when you arrive...

Incalls are also possible, but - to be honest - after 2 am the men usually expect specials, and the girls working at that time are usually not good in real massage.

Try to get in as early as possible - hopefully the bar will still be open. Contact the mamasan, Auntie or me - and we will try to arrange something for you. If nobody is available with reasonable massage skills - then you can decide whether to call an agency or to let it go for that day and go to a high level massage place the next day in the morning.

Giotto

Casparza
07-02-08, 13:53
Thank you Giotto,

I'll do it as you advised.

Rgds

Casparza,

We have a few girls with a real massage training, and one of them is really good. But - the question is whether she is still available at 2 am when you arrive...

Incalls are also possible, but - to be honest - after 2 am the men usually expect specials, and the girls working at that time are usually not good in real massage.

Try to get in as early as possible - hopefully the bar will still be open. Contact the mamasan, Auntie or me - and we will try to arrange something for you. If nobody is available with reasonable massage skills - then you can decide whether to call an agency or to let it go for that day and go to a high level massage place the next day in the morning.

Giotto

Cool Jaybabe
07-08-08, 04:51
Giotto, thank you very much for response to my inquiry.

I get the idea now. I hear Soi 33 if full of hostess bar. I am planning a rookie visit may be November. I hope to see you there.

Regards,

Jay

Cool Jaybabe,

Hostess bars are targetting the up-market customer - they are basically more expensive than Gogo- or beer bars (though I recently found out that the beer prices in Soi Nana/Soi Cowboy are higher than here in Soi 33).

If you enter a hostess bar you will immediately learn about the general style of the bar. In a good one you will be guided to a seat, ask what you want to drink, and later then some ladies will come and talk to you. In a bad one you will be surrounded by a bunch if girls when you enter, and you will not even have time to look for a seat before they ask you to buy them a drink. If that happens to me I usually turn around and leave the bar immediately - rip-off alert!

Sit down, relax and establish eye contact to a lady you like. Invite her for some drinks, but watch your bill - and do not allow her to invite her friends for drinks (then you are lost, transfer your salary directly to the bar owner). Check out whether the chemistry with that lady is ok, and - after a while - if you think it is ok you can directly ask her whether she "goes out" with you. You always have to expect that some of the girls don't, they only work in the bars for entertaining and drinking with customers. But in general the girls will go.

Don't be shy - ask directly about bar-fines (to be paid to the bar) and other fees (to be paid to the girls), about ST and LT rates. If you agree you "bar-fine" her, pay for the bill (on which you will find the barfine) and leave.

Don't expect this ladies to be sex monsters - most of them are normal women with normal/average sexual desire. If you want a "special technique" experience go to the massage parlours or Eden Club.

Giotto

Cool Jaybabe
07-11-08, 06:05
Anyone who is fimilar with CM2 at Novatel Hotel.

I see lots of references made to CM2 at Novatel Hotel but couldn't really find much details doing RTFF. is this a pick up Joint like Spasso at Hyatt?

If yes any pros vs cons on place like that vs Go-Go and Hostess Bars?

Revcolinn
07-11-08, 17:04

I see lots of references made to CM2 at Novatel Hotel but couldn't really find much details doing RTFF. is this a pick up Joint like Spasso at Hyatt?

If yes any pros vs cons on place like that vs Go-Go and Hostess Bars?

I spent two nights at CM2 in March this year as i was staying at the Novotel. Great disco type club with a range of available women Thai, Indian, Russian Uzbek, and african. I must say the quality may have been a little above the regular go go bars but not much above if at all the women at LL or some of the places on Soi 33.The prices of the 'other" women i.e. other then Thai was way above the going rate. A gorgous Uzbek woman was available for 4500 bht for ST. Drinks expensive but not outragous. There may be a very outside chance you will find an non P4P woman but i doubt you will score.

If you want to dance , have some fun and play a little this is a great place ...if you want to fuck for a reasonable price this is not your place.

The rev

Giotto
07-12-08, 16:35
A gorgous Uzbek woman was available for 4500 bht for ST. Drinks expensive but not outragous. There may be a very outside chance you will find an non P4P woman but i doubt you will score.
Revcolinn,

Welcome back, good that you are alive! Long time no hear!

CM2 - of course it is a pick-up joint, comparable to Spasso, but not as expensive and not as exclusive. But most of the girls will go - asking prices will be THB 2,500 - THB 5,000.00

WARNING

At least ONE of our customers had a horror experience with a girl from Uzbekistan, picked up in CM2! She created massive problems in his private life ... the story is unbelievable, but cannot be told here.

Guys, be careful out there, some of those girls are professionally ripping off customers, no limits at all.

This is NOT A JOKE!

Giotto

Fon Tok
07-18-08, 23:51
Does anyone know of a good watch shop in Bangkok with a competent watchmaker who can clean an antique 1950 Omega self-winding watch? I brought it over from America as a present for my teerak and it steamed up a bit in the humid climate here. I'd like to have it serviced.

They do not have to speak English. I just need an address or location, and/or phone number.

Cool Jaybabe
07-20-08, 06:11
Giotto or other senior members,

What would you advise to rookie making a first trip to LOS. BKK or Pattaya? While mongering remains primary objective, it is vacation none the less. It doesn't have to be stressing. Since P. Has a beach, (though no one claimed to ahve seen one, since there are otehr beaches and some golfing around, I am leaning towards Pattaya. I have a week to spend but so I can't do both. As I said monegring is primary objective and that need to be kept as primary consideration. Please advise.

Regards,

Jay

Giotto
07-21-08, 04:38

What would you advise to rookie making a first trip to LOS. BKK or Pattaya? While mongering remains primary objective, it is vacation none the less. It doesn't have to be stressing. Since P. Has a beach, (though no one claimed to ahve seen one, since there are otehr beaches and some golfing around, I am leaning towards Pattaya. I have a week to spend but so I can't do both. As I said monegring is primary objective and that need to be kept as primary consideration. Please advise.
...Cool Jaybabe,

Don't ask me about Pattaya - I don't like it at all. Consider Phuket or Samui ...

May be I can give a better answer next week, I am on my way to Pattaya :) for a few days ...

Giotto

Indo Phile
07-26-08, 01:53
What is counting as low or slow season in BKK? Is it the same for all Thailand?

Thanks in advance.

Giotto
07-28-08, 07:42
What is counting as low or slow season in BKK? Is it the same for all Thailand?

Thanks in advance.Indo Phile,

Low season starts after Songkran (15.04), and ends mid of october. There is a lot of rain in the months september and october.

It is basically the same all over Thailand, but the raining season is slightly different in the south, it rains more earlier, and less later in the year.

Giotto

Indo Phile
07-28-08, 13:38
Thanks Giotto.

Cool Jaybabe
07-29-08, 04:06
Giotto, you are back!

How was Pattaya?

Cool Jaybabe
07-31-08, 04:08
Giotto, you are back!

How was Pattaya?Nevermind Giotto, I read your report in Pattaya forum. I get the idea.

Bold Focker
08-03-08, 15:42

Regards,

JayI would not consider Bkk for more than 2 days. If you have a week Pattaya is your only choice. Pattaya is far cheaper and a lot easier to get around.

The average bar girl in pattaya will accept 1000bt for a all nighter. lucky if you get that in BKK.

I will be in bkk on the 12th to 14th Aug and then i am heading to Pattaya for a week if you are there then!

Normad2020
08-09-08, 04:03
Hi Giotto & Other Brothers,

My boss has asked me to organize a trip to Bangkok in mid-October 2008 to celebrate the "death of his bachelorhood". There will be about 5 of us and my questions are:

(1) Between Ambassador & Zenith Hotel, which would give us better access to the great Suk nightlife?

(2) Which is a better MP for great Soapies?

(3) Are there any local "adult tour" that you can recommend?

(4) Any other suggestions would be most welcome as we have 4D/3N in Bangkok.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
normad2020

Giotto
08-16-08, 03:58
Normad2020,

Some answers:

1) Ambassador / Zenith Hotel

Cannot recommend any of those hotels. If you want to stay in the lower Sukhumvit area try Majestics Suites, President Park, JW Marriotts etc. , one of those hotels mentioned in the Hotel thread of the Thailand forum.

2) Soapies

Read the Massage Parlour thread, there is a guide from Mick Licker including Google maps.

3) Adult Tour

Adult tour - no recommendation from my side. I know some of those guys who offer tours through the night life ... Read the Bangkok thread, try to find a girl you like who also speaks reasonable English, and make her your guide through Bangkok's nightlife.

Giotto

Normad2020
08-16-08, 13:10
Thanks Giotto for the advice. It seems my choice of hotels sucks. I will try to book into Majestic Suites and will refer to the soapie forum for information. Once again thanks.

Cheers
normad2020

Normad2020,

Some answers:

1) Ambassador / Zenith Hotel

Cannot recommend any of those hotels. If you want to stay in the lower Sukhumvit area try Majestics Suites, President Park, JW Marriotts etc. , one of those hotels mentioned in the Hotel thread of the Thailand forum.

2) Soapies

Read the Massage Parlour thread, there is a guide from Mick Licker including Google maps.

3) Adult Tour

Adult tour - no recommendation from my side. I know some of those guys who offer tours through the night life ... Read the Bangkok thread, try to find a girl you like who also speaks reasonable English, and make her your guide through Bangkok's nightlife.

Giotto