PDA

View Full Version : East China - Shanghai Hotels

Pages : 1 [2]

SamCan
10-04-11, 01:13
So I asked about the hilton Hongqiao and got No answer. I went there but my girl could not make it so I don't know. I would not stay there again as it is in the middle of nowhere.

Now the Sheraton Hongqiao! It is not a bad hotel. It is a little dated but still a 4star plus. I got a weekend rate before the national holiday weekend for $150 a night with breakfast. Not always that cheap but decent. The best part is coming! It is really girl friendly. I brought my girl in at least 6 different nights. It is obvious we are not a match. She is 24 and Chinese, I am a late 40s white guy. There is always a security guard in the lobby. I saw different guards over the nights I was there. The only thing they ever did was hold the elevator door for me and my girl! LOL.

The bar lobby has 3=4 WG in it. They are pretty much regulars. One was 29 (5) the others were in their 20sand maybe a 6 and 7. There is on over 30YO in the bar but I was not interested in her at all! The guards know they are there and let them stay. I saw the guard tell the girl to sit back with her drink. She had left the table to talk to one of her friends. That is as much as they do. I watched 2 guys pick one of them up on seperate nights and walk them right to the elevator past the guard. This was around 11pm. My girl and I were coming in after 2am. It does not seem to matter what time of night!

Across the street from the hotel is a circular building with 3 massage places. On the first floor the girls (6-8) do HJs. They were offering special massages. Since my 24 Year old tfreebie takes it all out of me, I passed.

So get an afternoon HJ, head over to Manhattans (15 mins by taxi most) and if you strike out, pick up a WG at the hotel as a back up. (the lobby bar closes at 1230. I don't know how long they stay after that.)

Rob169
10-13-11, 12:38
I'm going to Shanghai next week and I will de stauing at Majesty Plaza hotel in Jiu Jiamg Road.

Does anyone know some place to go mongering around here? Or if there are some activity in the hotel?

What's about some massage place?

Thanks in advance.

Mattoz
10-14-11, 10:46
Hi guys,

Been a few years since was in China last, no doubt a lot has changed so will be looking forward to it. Just hoping for some a couple of suggestions on a convenient hotel in Shanghai to stay at the end of the month. Only in town for 1 night initially as moving on to another city for business, so looking for some where that is not over the top expensive but still good. 4 star eg. Been there a few times before but can't for the life of me remember where is was. Intend to check our Sacrosa again, been there a number of times in the past and enjoyed, but see a lot of posts about Bodhi, seems might be better? Thoughts?

Would appreciate some thoughts on hotels, maybe something that has sauna / action inside or close by, or not too far from Sacrosa or Bodhi. Will of course report back on endeavours.

Many thanks.

Matt

Gaolei
10-17-11, 02:33
Look at the Golden Tulip Ashar. It is near the corner of Nanjing and Shaanxi roads. Rooms are good, about 100 US per night. Location is great. Manhattan is a short distance away. 4 minute walk.

ShangHangin
10-18-11, 05:43
Hi guys,

Been a few years since was in China last, no doubt a lot has changed so will be looking forward to it. Just hoping for some a couple of suggestions on a convenient hotel in Shanghai to stay at the end of the month. Only in town for 1 night initially as moving on to another city for business, so looking for some where that is not over the top expensive but still good. 4 star eg. Been there a few times before but can't for the life of me remember where is was. Intend to check our Sacrosa again, been there a number of times in the past and enjoyed, but see a lot of posts about Bodhi, seems might be better? Thoughts?

Would appreciate some thoughts on hotels, maybe something that has sauna / action inside or close by, or not too far from Sacrosa or Bodhi. Will of course report back on endeavours.

Many thanks.

MattMatt,

If you want to stay in Pudong near Sacrosa, try the Marriott Courtyard, Purple Mountain or the Intercon for reliable accommodations. Can also try the Merrylin hotel which has SiYuan on the 3rd floor, making your life easy and enjoyable.

SH

Fifty Shades
10-20-11, 13:55
Haven't been to shanghai for a couple of years and plan to try manhattan's on an upcoming trip. But a google search shows two different addresses, one on Ju Lu and the other on nanyang Lu near xikang lu. They are a fair distance apart. From the posts, I think the Ju Lu location is probably the most current, but did the bar move recently? Or are there 2 bars? Is Ju Lu still a good street for other bars? Any suggestion on whether tongren lu or Ju Lu is a better bet? I see references to bar rouge as a high end place on the bund with higher quality girls. Any advice on that? In return, I will post on my experiences when I get back.

Thanks!

SamCan
10-20-11, 23:38
Haven't been to shanghai for a couple of years and plan to try manhattan's on an upcoming trip. But a google search shows two different addresses, one on Ju Lu and the other on nanyang Lu near xikang lu. They are a fair distance apart. From the posts, I think the Ju Lu location is probably the most current, but did the bar move recently? Or are there 2 bars? Is Ju Lu still a good street for other bars? Any suggestion on whether tongren lu or Ju Lu is a better bet? I see references to bar rouge as a high end place on the bund with higher quality girls. Any advice on that? In return, I will post on my experiences when I get back.

Thanks!You want the Manhattan behind the portman (ritz carlton) , just take a left or right out of the ritz and walk directly behind to the next block. Or take a cab to the Big Bambu restaraunt / sports bar. It is right next door. You can google that too. If you want a good burger stop in. You want the Bbambu in shanghai not Honqiao. I never go to bar rouge so I can't say. I have heard it is 2X to 3X the price. Go to Manhattans. (after midnight) the girls are hot. If you can't find anything there you are way too picky. I believe the other Manhattan is "old Manhattan" across from the Hilton. That ain't it!

B

AA123
10-25-11, 17:44
http://www.wotif.com/hotels/china-shanghai-hotels.html

5 star.

The Langham, Yangtze Boutique, Shanghai US$138.

Bodi Boutique Hotel US$67.

Jin Jiang Tower US$99.

4. 5 star.

Yun's Paradise Waltz Boutique Hotel, Shanghai US$60.

http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/wotif-hotel/archive?l=f&id=18

JohnnyHunk
12-07-11, 01:21
I will be staying at this Howard Johnson for 10 days. Any good mongering / VIP massages places close by?

Thanks for your help.

Haibao
12-08-11, 11:39

Thanks!Ju lu lu and tong ren lu are losed except a few bars. Sometimes it is also nice to the tong mill, a nice place but now with only a few bars but you have the full attention of the girls. Sometimes they think you are an atm machine. But anyway, I have quite good time there.

NonLinear
12-28-11, 04:25
I have seen a few requests on here in the past asking about a good option for an affordable hotel in Jing'An with good proximity to Manhattans, etc. I recently stayed at Rui Tai Hotel Jing'An and was very pleased. The location could not be better. Its literally right across the street from Nanjing Xi Lu Metro station and has the following western establishments within 1 minute walk from the hotel: DQ, Carls Jr, Papa Johns, McDonalds and Starbucks for anyone that likes a taste of home once in awhile. Lots of other shopping all around the area as well. And most importantly, Manhattans is a 8 to 10 minute walk or just a few minute taxi ride from the hotel.

I think I paid about $65 / night and that included free internet and free breakfast buffet as well. Its not the four seasons or anything but its a very clean and comfortable hotel with staff that speaks passable english. The breakfast buffet was nothing to write home about but they had a mix of western and asian with all the staples such as bacon, sausage, egg station, etc.

I think its my new favorite hotel for convenience and price.

Oh, and its very GF. Tested it many times and no problems at all.Thanks for the tip. It seems like a very good hotel based on reviews on tripadvisor.com, and it is cheap. I like it's subway-friendly location-two stops away from the Pudong Hooters, and close to other venues.

I just booked it for my next trip to Shanghai.

NL

Sam Suffit
02-01-12, 16:42
Hi Everyone,

I am preparing my first visit to China (next month). My company booked me at the Swisshotel. Shanghai. I could not find any recent information related to this place in this forum. Does anybody know if it is allowed to bring girls in the room? Are there action in the hotel itself or nearby?

Hope someone can help me to find my way.

Sam.

PS: I am not used to China forum so I initialy posted my question in the genereal Shanghai section. My appologies.

Haibao
02-02-12, 08:48
Hi Everyone,

I am preparing my first visit to China (next month). My company booked me at the Swisshotel. Shanghai. I could not find any recent information related to this place in this forum. Does anybody know if it is allowed to bring girls in the room? Are there action in the hotel itself or nearby?

Hope someone can help me to find my way.

Sam.

PS: I am not used to China forum so I initialy posted my question in the genereal Shanghai section. My appologies.Check this forum and you will find the answer.

Georgeist
02-08-12, 13:03
I'm planning to stay at Shanghai Hotel. Reasons: its sauna on the 2nd floor and its central location.

Any comment if its GF friendly?

Georgeist
02-08-12, 16:18
Is Shanghai Hotel girl friend friendly?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

HotHunk2123
02-21-12, 08:47
I have booked this hotel for an upcoming business trip to Shanghai, Is this hotel girl friendly? I couldn't find anything in the forum search. Some help would be appreciated.

Chuckle One
02-21-12, 22:39
I have booked this hotel for an upcoming business trip to Shanghai, Is this hotel girl friendly? I couldn't find anything in the forum search. Some help would be appreciated.I have never had a problem. They even have an Irish Pub downstairs in which you can find a few WG every night. I am sure they get picked up and taken to the rooms upstairs very often. They are all Chinese and definitely older than what you might find in Manhattan or the Saunas but to each his own.

Ham And Bacon
02-22-12, 07:13
Is Shanghai Hotel girl friend friendly?

Thanks in advance for the reply.Yes, Shanghai hotel is very girl friedly. At least it used to be. The only problem is that your local collegues may smile a bit when you tell them staying in Shanghai hotel. It is diffiult to convince them that you acidentally stay at a hotel with well known sauna. I don't know if the sauna is open again but anyway the hotel have a certain reputation.

There are other othels just beside. If I remember correct Meridian is another one. A bit closer to metro, about same price, better reputation, no problems with girls, sometimes some WGs in the lobby bar later night. And it is still easy to go Shanghai hotel for a sauna. The sauna beside temple is also wery close. Another hotel is Hilton. More expensive, more WGs outside, probably in the bar, too. I have no experiene of my own with Hilton.

Ham And Bacon
02-22-12, 16:27
Yes, Shanghai hotel is very girl friedly. At least it used to be. The only problem is that your local collegues may smile a bit when you tell them staying in Shanghai hotel. It is diffiult to convince them that you acidentally stay at a hotel with well known sauna. I don't know if the sauna is open again but anyway the hotel have a certain reputation.

There are other othels just beside. If I remember correct Meridian is another one. A bit closer to metro, about same price, better reputation, no problems with girls, sometimes some WGs in the lobby bar later night. And it is still easy to go Shanghai hotel for a sauna. The sauna beside temple is also wery close. Another hotel is Hilton. More expensive, more WGs outside, probably in the bar, too. I have no experiene of my own with Hilton.Wrogn direction. Not Meridian but Equatorial.

SamCan
02-23-12, 00:15
Yes, Shanghai hotel is very girl friedly. At least it used to be. The only problem is that your local collegues may smile a bit when you tell them staying in Shanghai hotel. It is diffiult to convince them that you acidentally stay at a hotel with well known sauna. I don't know if the sauna is open again but anyway the hotel have a certain reputation.

There are other othels just beside. If I remember correct Meridian is another one. A bit closer to metro, about same price, better reputation, no problems with girls, sometimes some WGs in the lobby bar later night. And it is still easy to go Shanghai hotel for a sauna. The sauna beside temple is also wery close. Another hotel is Hilton. More expensive, more WGs outside, probably in the bar, too. I have no experiene of my own with Hilton.Not Hilton, I stay there often. No girls in the bar (or rarely, unless you mean the top floor that I don't frequent)

They are also strict on signing in after 10pm

AsianLover
03-09-12, 17:13
I am looking for a hotel in the Jingan disctrict which is close to my main office, and of course Malone's and Manhattans. I have stayed in the JC Mandarin with is girl friendly, but run down with very hard beds. I have also stayed at the Swissotel, which is a few blocks away. It was GF too but more expensive and the rooms are sort of small. They also charge a lot for wifi.

My budget does not permit me to say at the Ritz or someone where like that. However, I am also looking at the Hilton and URBN Hotel. Also, the Radission Ble at Peoples square has some good deals so I would like to know what you think about these hotels.

Thanks all,

AL

SamCan
03-10-12, 13:30
I am looking for a hotel in the Jingan disctrict which is close to my main office, and of course Malone's and Manhattans. I have stayed in the JC Mandarin with is girl friendly, but run down with very hard beds. I have also stayed at the Swissotel, which is a few blocks away. It was GF too but more expensive and the rooms are sort of small. They also charge a lot for wifi.

My budget does not permit me to say at the Ritz or someone where like that. However, I am also looking at the Hilton and URBN Hotel. Also, the Radission Ble at Peoples square has some good deals so I would like to know what you think about these hotels.

Thanks all,

ALAL, did you even read my post below you? When people say RTFF, I think they could be a little more helpful since there are so many posts here. But when you don't look down one post? Sheeesh, Hilton is not GF. If you get in before 10pm maybe. If you don't mind signing the girl in, it is no problem. If this is an issue, go elsewhere.

Gaolei
03-13-12, 01:22
Checkout the City hotel on Shanxi Nan Lu and Yanan road. It is close to everything, cheaper than most, GF, decent breakfast and reasonable internet.

Levitian
03-13-12, 06:15

There are other othels just beside. If I remember correct Meridian is another one. A bit closer to metro, about same price, better reputation, no problems with girls, sometimes some WGs in the lobby bar later night. And it is still easy to go Shanghai hotel for a sauna. The sauna beside temple is also wery close. Another hotel is Hilton. More expensive, more WGs outside, probably in the bar, too. I have no experiene of my own with Hilton.Why should this be a joke? I think it is a very legit question. Are you local? Have you asked any local about Shanghai Hotel and its sauna? I guess 99, 9% of the locals have no clue.

Levitian

Joinem
03-13-12, 23:30
Checkout the City hotel on Shanxi Nan Lu and Yanan road. It is close to everything, cheaper than most, GF, decent breakfast and reasonable internet.I have stayed there a couple of times and I agree. Pleasant neighborhood, too.

-J

OzzieSuds
03-14-12, 00:53

There are other othels just beside. If I remember correct Meridian is another one. A bit closer to metro, about same price, better reputation, no problems with girls, sometimes some WGs in the lobby bar later night. And it is still easy to go Shanghai hotel for a sauna. The sauna beside temple is also wery close. Another hotel is Hilton. More expensive, more WGs outside, probably in the bar, too. I have no experiene of my own with Hilton.Couple of years ago I was booked into Shanghai Hotel by some conference organisers along with a number of other foreigners. Apart from me I don't think anybody else was aware of the Sauna and the famous red rope services.

Bab Com
04-19-12, 16:39
If you plan to stay anywhere in China,

I strongly suggest you to use www.ctrip.com

They have English website, CB payment and English assistance on the phone.

You can book by internet or by phone.

Regards

Ham And Bacon
04-23-12, 15:57
Why should this be a joke? I think it is a very legit question. Are you local? Have you asked any local about Shanghai Hotel and its sauna? I guess 99, 9% of the locals have no clue.

LevitianI though the question was a joke since Shanghai hotel is probably the most often mentioned among Shanghaise hotels in this site. If you don't know that hotel you have not read any posts here.

What it comes to reputation. I don't know how many local knows the hotel but I know local people who know. Every now and then they tell some jokes about me staying in that hotel. Maybe the risk is small but one may consider it.

TimCha
04-23-12, 21:32
I've been looking at hotels suitable for my budget for my Shanghai trip. Do any of you know if these hotels would give me trouble about taking a "visitor" to my room?

Manhattan Bund business hotel: http://hcom.tripadvisor.se/Hotel_Review-g308272-d576893-Reviews-Manhattan_Bund_Business_Hotel-Shanghai.html

Baron business hotel: http://hcom.tripadvisor.se/Hotel_Review-g308272-d1449700-Reviews-Baron_Business_Hotel-Shanghai.html

Or is it mainly the more expensive hotels that will allow it?

LeadSilverback
05-06-12, 07:38
I have been RTFF and using the search but I haven't found anything recent (last 3 months) with info about the JC mandarin. A couple of old reports mention it is GF but I wonder if this is still the case. Also. Does it have onsite sauna? Has anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance.

DonLuis
05-07-12, 10:37
Hy guys,

I will go next week to Renaissance Zhongshan Shanghai. Would like to know if there are any good massages place (+HJ at least) in the area, as the hotel does not seem to have a sap / sauna.

Thanks,

DL

Trust 4
06-19-12, 14:54
Would you please help me about your experience and knowledge about SSAW hotel in Shanghai. Is it GF, any action within the hotel. How is surrounding and nearby good pick up points etc.

Thanks in advance

Chuckle One
06-21-12, 14:40
I have been RTFF and using the search but I haven't found anything recent (last 3 months) with info about the JC mandarin. A couple of old reports mention it is GF but I wonder if this is still the case. Also. Does it have onsite sauna? Has anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance.I usually try to stay a few nights at this hotel when I am in Shanghai. I have never had problems bringing guest to my room.

It is very conveniently located if you like the scene at Manhattan plus it is easy access to a few Saunas and MPs. An added bonus is a few QQ apartment girls in the Jing'an district which are also close by.

Carage
07-03-12, 18:00
I just read this in the news.

http://www.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/international/20120703/130444

A family of 6 have all been infected with genital warts after sharing the tub in a Shanghai hotel.

The report has not identified the exact hotel, but just beware when you use the tub.

I guess this could apply to stuff like soapy massages too, even though they use a disposable plastic cover.

Peter71
08-20-12, 08:44
I spent a night at the city hotel on a week end. At 1 am after having caught a girl for the night I had problems with the concierge at the hotel in the loby.

Discution after eating with the daughter of a register. Fortunately she was dressed corectement otherwise if she had looked like a working girl I do not think I could make it up to my room.

The city hotel for me too complicated, the next time I go back to Ruitai jingang or this hotel is GF.

De plus cet hotel est actuellement rafraichissement de facade batiment.

Moreover, this hotel is currently building frontage refresh.

Knowledge has also to take the elevator you must have the electronic map of the bedroom door so no easy if you want a outcall girl.

Msukc
10-02-12, 00:07
Anyone know if this is girl friendly?

Staying there on Saturday and will report out the events!

Straffman
02-06-13, 12:36
My company has booked me in here. Does anyone have any experience or know if it is girl friendly?

Red Hawk
02-13-13, 13:41
My company has booked me in here. Does anyone have any experience or know if it is girl friendly?I too am looking at staying there in the coming weeks so if anyone knows then most appreciated.

Thanks

Fritobugger
02-14-13, 03:37
At their prices, it better be. Looks to have lots of guys at the doors.

I too am looking at staying there in the coming weeks so if anyone knows then most appreciated.

Thanks

Bamboo Pete
06-16-13, 13:54
I'll be in Shanghai for the first time, and have searched the forum for girl friendly hotels which are within 15 minutes walking distance to Manhattan, as I arrive at the airport at

Midnight and want to go there as soon as I've checked in the hotel.

I used the search tool of Agoda, so I could see the exact locations where the places are. I just add the current price, just for orientation – of course prices will change.

BTW, Agoda is good to search for hotels but don't always have the best prices.

JC Mandarin 110 USD

Equatorial. 86 USD.

Shanghai Hotel. 79 USD

Golden Tulip. 79 USD

Ruitai. 68 USD- No window room. 87 USD – DeLuxe room.

Swissotel. 143 USD.

Baolong .62 USD.

I first tended to Golden Tulip, but the reviews at several hotel portals are very bad. Shanghai Hotel and Equatorial are a bit too far, Swissotel too expensive, JC Mandarin has very good reviews, but very high additional costs on internet and breakfast. Baolong reception is not 24hours and that's a bit risky as I arrive middle in the night.

Well, my choice would be Rui Tai, but I have not seen any posting for this hotel in the forum lately. Is it still good and still GF?

SamCan
06-16-13, 21:25
I'll be in Shanghai for the first time, and have searched the forum for girl friendly hotels which are within 15 minutes walking distance to Manhattan, as I arrive at the airport at

I used the search tool of Agoda, so I could see the exact locations where the places are. I just add the current price, just for orientation – of course prices will change.

JC Mandarin 110 USD

Equatorial. 86 USD.

Shanghai Hotel. 79 USD

Golden Tulip. 79 USD

Swissotel. 143 USD.

Baolong. 62 USD.

I first tended to Golden Tulip, but the reviews at several hotel portals are very bad. Shanghai Hotel and Equatorial are a bit too far, Swissotel too expensive, JC Mandarin has very good reviews, but very high additional costs on internet and breakfast. Baolong reception is not 24hours and that's a bit risky as I arrive middle in the night.

Well, my choice would be Rui Tai, but I have not seen any posting for this hotel in the forum lately. Is it still good and still GF?I can't talk to which is girl friendly. I always stay at the hilton shanghai. They make the girl produce their I'd but that is the end of the issue. Never stopped me from taking one to my room.

Taxis are like $3-4 USD for almost any distance you speak of. The cabs line up at manhattan and will be there when you walk out with your choice. If you can't spring the $4. Not many girls are going to be willing to hop in the car. (you big spender!)

If you don't want the hotel to know where you are going as you are shy about it. Tell them you are going to the Big Bambu restaurant. It is a great sports bar with american / western food. Which is literally next door.

Pushkin13
06-17-13, 13:10

JC Mandarin 110 USD

Equatorial. 86 USD.

Shanghai Hotel. 79 USD

Golden Tulip. 79 USD

Swissotel. 143 USD.

Baolong. 62 USD.

Well, my choice would be Rui Tai, but I have not seen any posting for this hotel in the forum lately. Is it still good and still GF?Have not stayed in Shanghai hotels for a couple of years, . So I might be a little out of date. But I can recommend the Swissotel. Easy walking distance to clubs and FS spas. 5 mins walk from Jinang Temple Metro Station. .

Enjoy and report.

P13

St Brooklyn
06-17-13, 16:10
[QUOTE=Bamboo Pete; 1434902]I'll be in Shanghai for the first time, and have searched the forum for girl friendly hotels which are within 15 minutes walking distance to Manhattan, as I arrive at the airport at

I used the search tool of Agoda, so I could see the exact locations where the places are. I just add the current price, just for orientation – of course prices will change...QUOTE]I've stayed at the Golden Tulip many times without issue. But last stay was 2012 or so.

Musarney
06-17-13, 19:18
Hi,

Last year in September I stayed for a couple of nights in Ruitai. Girls had to show their ID in order to stay overnight. Otherwise no problems.

BTW, Agoda is good to search for hotels but don't always have the best prices...

Bamboo Pete
06-17-13, 20:12
I can't talk to which is girl friendly. I always stay at the hilton shanghai. They make the girl produce their I'd but that is the end of the issue. Never stopped me from taking one to my room.

Taxis are like $3-4 USD for almost any distance you speak of. The cabs line up at manhattan and will be there when you walk out with your choice. If you can't spring the $4. Not many girls are going to be willing to hop in the car. (you big spender!)

If you don't want the hotel to know where you are going as you are shy about it. Tell them you are going to the Big Bambu restaurant. It is a great sports bar with american / western food. Which is literally next door.Thanks, SamCan. It's not that I want to save the money for the taxi. I'm more afraid to get ripped off by taxi drivers, as warned in the forum.

I also have the problem that I arrived arround midnight at the airport and can't take the metro anymore. So I think the taxi driver will know this and take advantage? Other problem is, will they find the hotel middle of the night? Any hint how I could get a Chinese adress card of Rui Tai?

Teltel
06-18-13, 05:40
Thanks, SamCan. It's not that I want to save the money for the taxi. I'm more afraid to get ripped off by taxi drivers, as warned in the forum.

I also have the problem that I arrived arround midnight at the airport and can't take the metro anymore. So I think the taxi driver will know this and take advantage? Other problem is, will they find the hotel middle of the night? Any hint how I could get a Chinese adress card of Rui Tai?Many hotel and booking websites have a printable address to show the taxi driver. You may have to try a couple or so sites to find one for your hotel. I suggest you print a few copies m case the driver keeps one.

Teltel

Marty47
06-18-13, 15:16
Been traveling to SH for a long time. I found a quick and safe way to get around in a taxi. Put the phone number of your hotel in your phone (China phone is best) but if you don't have one your international phone. When U get to taxi stand at airport just dial the hotel and tell them to tell driver where to go. Hand the phone to driver and he will get everything correct. Same with being down town during anytime, it has been working for me for years in and out of China. There is always somebody at the taxi stand that speaks english and will tell the driver the hotel name-cost after Midnight is about 180-220 RMB-before midnight 150-200 rmb-depending on where you stay.

Many hotel and booking websites have a printable address to show the taxi driver. You may have to try a couple or so sites to find one for your hotel. I suggest you print a few copies m case the driver keeps one.

Teltel

BionicMan
06-18-13, 16:19
. If you can't spring the $4. Not many girls are going to be willing to hop in the car. (you big spender!)I agree, even if it looks a short ride, better take a cab for many reasons, inclucing those mentioned by you.

SamCan
06-19-13, 10:24
Thanks, SamCan. It's not that I want to save the money for the taxi. I'm more afraid to get ripped off by taxi drivers, as warned in the forum.

I also have the problem that I arrived arround midnight at the airport and can't take the metro anymore. So I think the taxi driver will know this and take advantage? Other problem is, will they find the hotel middle of the night? Any hint how I could get a Chinese adress card of Rui Tai?I know the stories are out there and I am sure they are true. I, however, have been going to SH for many years and never had the problem. Don't take a taxi from someone that walks up to you at the airport or the train. Always take the official taxi stands. You will be 99% safe.

The suggestions here are fine. Hotel cards, hotel numbers, tell the guy that is at the stand. I have learned how to say the hotel street in Chinese. When I say the hotel in Chinese, they figure I am no newbie and never have a problem. Hilton Shanghai is on Huashan lu (pronounced "wash on loo"). Really not too hard. When you choose a hotel, one of us can help you know how to say it under the Chinese phrases sectin.

Good luck

Jj1973
06-19-13, 11:16

I also have the problem that I arrived arround midnight at the airport and can't take the metro anymore. So I think the taxi driver will know this and take advantage? Other problem is, will they find the hotel middle of the night? Any hint how I could get a Chinese adress card of Rui Tai?When you arrive at the airport after the luggage carousel you will enter the arrivals area. There will be a number of people offering taxi services. Ignore them Just head to the information counter or any available counter really and give them your hotel details (hotel confirmation will have name and address). Ask them to write the address for you in Chinese. They will do so and probably ask you if you want a taxi. Just thank them and head to the main taxi stand. Once you arrive at the hotel, be sure to take a hotel card and keep that on you. The concierge in your hotel can also help in writing Chinese addresses for you if you decide to go on an adventure anywhere.

Failing that, try going to google. Hk before you leave and enter hotel name and address. Very often iot will show address in both Chinese and english.

Oh, and always ask the taxi man to use the meter when you get in. Just say fa pyo.

Enjoy

Stegram
06-19-13, 17:50
Agree with the "don't take the Taxi that isn't in the line". EXCEPT. I've gotten to the Airport taxi line, and with a quick calculation figured that I was going to be standing in the muggy heat for 40 minutes to an hour. Guy comes up. He wants 100 RMB for a 20 RMB ride. RIP OFF.

But wait a minute. 80 RMB is about $12 US. Am I willing to stand here in the heat for an hour for $12? No f'and way! I negotiate him down to 60 RMB and I am happily in the AC in my hotel room while the guy that was in line next to me still has another 20 minutes to wait.

Don't get ripped off but remember that we USA and Euro customer get a great rate of exchange.

SamCan
06-20-13, 03:30
Agree with the "don't take the Taxi that isn't in the line". EXCEPT. I've gotten to the Airport taxi line, and with a quick calculation figured that I was going to be standing in the muggy heat for 40 minutes to an hour. Guy comes up. He wants 100 RMB for a 20 RMB ride. RIP OFF.

But wait a minute. 80 RMB is about $12 US. Am I willing to stand here in the heat for an hour for $12? No f'and way! I negotiate him down to 60 RMB and I am happily in the AC in my hotel room while the guy that was in line next to me still has another 20 minutes to wait.

Don't get ripped off but remember that we USA and Euro customer get a great rate of exchange.Point well taken, I stood in the rain at Yue gardens in shanghai. Taxi driver wanted 100rmb for a 25 RMB ride. After I told him to leave and waited 35 more minutes. I paid the 100 RMB gladly. being ripped off is really based on your perpective.

MachoManDaw
06-20-13, 09:02
Can't find a single place to go or an outcall near this area. Most of the outcall are coming from Shanghai City and taxi fares are expensive.

Bamboo Pete
06-21-13, 07:46
I know the stories are out there and I am sure they are true. I, however, have been going to SH for many years and never had the problem. Don't take a taxi from someone that walks up to you at the airport or the train. Always take the official taxi stands. You will be 99% safe.

The suggestions here are fine. Hotel cards, hotel numbers, tell the guy that is at the stand. I have learned how to say the hotel street in Chinese. When I say the hotel in Chinese, they figure I am no newbie and never have a problem. Hilton Shanghai is on Huashan lu (pronounced "wash on loo"). Really not too hard. When you choose a hotel, one of us can help you know how to say it under the Chinese phrases sectin.

Good luckThanks to all posters for your helpful advises. Trying to attach the Chinese instructions I have downloaded. Getting back to your offer, how to pronouce the street. Should I tell the driver "Taixing road" or better "near West Nanjing Metro Station".

Masslin
07-01-13, 11:40
Thanks to all posters for your helpful advises. Trying to attach the Chinese instructions I have downloaded. Getting back to your offer, how to pronouce the street. Should I tell the driver "Taixing road" or better "near West Nanjing Metro Station".I think you should just print this word file and give to the taxi driver and tell him "qing dai wo qu zhe ge di fang" (mean place take me to this place).

Wild Wind
11-04-15, 13:00
I arranged for an independent to come to this high end hotel. It requires key to use elevator so I had to meet her in lobby. There were plenty of staff around but no one gave me any trouble. Just walked her right to the elevators and up we went.

Captain America
11-17-15, 01:25
Walked outside yesterday at 6 pm for my evening walk and was approached by a young guy asking if I wanted a pretty lady. For 300 RMB he said I could come to his club, pick a lady and bring her back to the intercontinental. Sounded appealing (especially given prices quoted everywhere else), but also somewhat too good to be true. Took a card with phone number and went for the walk. When I got back a few hours later (after my massage with happy ending), he was still there, along with a tall lady that said she was the lady manager. If she had been talent at 300, I would've had to take her up to my room right then. LOL.

Not sure if the intercontinental is girl friendly, but the manager lady was dressed conservatively, so I think I could've walked her up to the elevators no problem. I'll pass along teh number to senior members if requested by PM.

Captain America
11-17-15, 01:28
Piling on to the taxi reports. I was offered a 200 RMB ride form the airport, but decided to go with a regular taxi. Waited in line for 20 minutes and ended up paying 260 RMB. Not sure I'd make the dsame decision next time.

Jude Bright
11-17-15, 01:31
I think you paid too much. Could you tell me from where to where?

Jb.

CriticalThinke
11-04-16, 08:28
Piling on to the taxi reports. I was offered a 200 RMB ride form the airport, but decided to go with a regular taxi. Waited in line for 20 minutes and ended up paying 260 RMB. Not sure I'd make the dsame decision next time.Why not just hop on the Maglev? This past September I paid about 30 rmb (reduced rate for travelers arriving on flights). Less than 30 minutes later, including the wait and boarding, I arrived at the changeover to Line 2, hopped on that for a couple RMB and arrived Nanjing Rd over near Grand Central Hotel more quickly than most of the times I've taken taxis from the airport.

I'll never bother with a taxi again.

Damnson
12-14-16, 18:41
I used the Bund hotel in shanghai which seemed like it was green friendly. I never though really had to check as I discovered a side entrance to the lifts so never really has to walk through the entrance.

Prices are not to bad online as seems likes its in a very popular place.

HardInThePants
12-15-16, 15:26
The Paramount Gallery Hotel is within walking distance. It has the lobby on one of the upper floors. You can bypass it with the elevator from ground floor with your key-card. Very clean and nicely furnished rooms. Good breakfast buffet, western and Chinese!

I'll be in Shanghai for the first time, and have searched the forum for girl friendly hotels which are within 15 minutes walking distance to Manhattan

BassMaster
12-15-16, 23:50
Had a great experience while in Shanghai, using my mongering skills honed from advice from the usasexguide.info site! Stayed at the Pullman Shanghai Hotel, and went for a walk one afternoon. Left the hotel and turned right to the corner, the left for two blocks. On the second floor was a massage parlor. I walked up and a woman saw me through the door and acted surprised to see a westerner. I went in and said Hello, it was 300 RMB for an hour so I said sure. She was cute and very friendly, also quite playful as she was kidding around when we first got in the room. There is a shower in the room, which is common and I took a shower followed by a short but good massage. I turned over and she immediately dove in for a BBBJ which was awesome. Was instantly rock hard and asked if she would do FS by pointing at her now naked pussy. She wanted another 300 RMB, we settled on 500 for the hour massage, BBBJ and FS. She pulled out a cover and away we went. After we exchanged wechat contact information.

That evening I went out with our hosts and spent the night at a nice KTV and had a blast. Upon arriving back to the hotel, I contacted her on wechat and invited her over after agreeing to give her more money in the morning. No discussion of how much. She was in my room in less than 15 minutes. We took a shower together after which I brushed her hair, which she really liked. She started another BBBJ, grabbed a condom and we went at it again for round 2 and it was pretty GFE. I had previously locked all valuables in the safe, but really wasn't worried. We spent the night sleeping together buck naked.

Morning came and she was ready to go again, so was I so round three which was awesome again. It came time to leave and I gave her $100 US. I easily could have give her less and doubt she would have said anything, but she was great fun and it seemed fair. It was the first time she had ever seen any US dollars.

Treat people nicely and you never know what can happen. I am trying to find a reason to head back to Shanghai!

Canada
12-19-16, 18:13
Walked outside yesterday at 6 pm for my evening walk and was approached by a young guy asking if I wanted a pretty lady. For 300 RMB he said I could come to his club, pick a lady and bring her back to the intercontinental. Sounded appealing (especially given prices quoted everywhere else), but also somewhat too good to be true. Took a card with phone number and went for the walk. When I got back a few hours later (after my massage with happy ending), he was still there, along with a tall lady that said she was the lady manager. If she had been talent at 300, I would've had to take her up to my room right then. LOL.

Not sure if the intercontinental is girl friendly, but the manager lady was dressed conservatively, so I think I could've walked her up to the elevators no problem. I'll pass along teh number to senior members if requested by PM.I stayed at Intercontinental last time and did not have any issues. Came and went with a girl regularly.

OrlandoMan
12-20-16, 16:56
Hi,

Any advise for staying by the airport.

Idefix
12-28-16, 17:18
Had a great experience while in Shanghai, using my mongering skills honed from advice from the usasexguide.info site! Stayed at the Pullman Shanghai Hotel, and went for a walk one afternoon. Left the hotel and turned right to the corner, the left for two blocks. On the second floor was a massage parlor. I walked up and a woman saw me through the door and acted surprised to see a westerner. I went in and said Hello, it was 300 RMB for an hour so I said sure. She was cute and very friendly, also quite playful as she was kidding around when we first got in the room. There is a shower in the room, which is common and I took a shower followed by a short but good massage. I turned over and she immediately dove in for a BBBJ which was awesome. Was instantly rock hard and asked if she would do FS by pointing at her now naked pussy. She wanted another 300 RMB, we settled on 500 for the hour massage, BBBJ and FS. She pulled out a cover and away we went. After we exchanged wechat contact information.Hi BassMaster,

Was this the Pullman Skyway at Dapu Road? If so, would you have more details for how to find this massage place?

Vompat
04-26-17, 14:15
Dear fellow mongers,

Coming back to Shanghai next month first time for about 10 years. That time Shanghai Hotel sauna was the place to stay. Is there a hotel with such a sauna anymore? Rather in Pudong since I am working there.

Thanks in advance & my report will follow.

V.

ImageCreator
03-16-18, 01:56
Will be there in just over a month. Anyway, just a greetings to the forum and my appreciation for the advice. I will say, I stayed at Charms last time and booked there again this time (though I've considered switching. I basically have it as a contingency backup). They have two entrances to their ground floor, so I never had any issues with women coming to the hotel. The only two I brought seemed already to know the system well (enter through the small gift shop side rather than their lobby entrance which opens directly to the concierge).