Pages : [1] 2

Admin
01-01-08, 01:00
Thread Starter.

Bad Boy Billy
02-16-08, 03:11
First cab off the rank - WOO HOO.

Ok Billy only stays in 2 hotels in Shanghai:

1. Ramada Plaza in Nanjing Lu - I stay here only if I am attending any trade shows at the New Shanghai Exhibition Centre in Pudong - it is a simple 5 minute walk down Nanjing Lu to get subway to Pudong.

2. All other times I stay at Hua Ting Hotel and Towers - a bit aged now but still 5 star - I get 'mates rates' here so this is why I stay here.

BOTH TOTALLY GIRL FRIENDLY.

I have previously been rejected with a girl post 11pm at Sofitel Hyland in Nanjing Lu - so avoid that like the plague.

Happy hunting guys - keep the Shanghai 'girl-friendly hotel' reports coming - it is a great asset to all.

Fritobugger
02-16-08, 04:30
I had no problem at the Westin Bund Center. Also no problem at the Supreme Tower in Pudong.

The Joyage chinese business hotels are very definitely girl friendly.

Ebauche
02-17-08, 03:16
thanks for the hotel thread.

any recommendations for a chinese-brand 4/5-star, either pudong or puxi (near hilton?) that has:

- in room high-speed internet, either free or daily charge

- decent breakfast (chinese is fine, don't need psuedo-western).

- of course, girl-friendly.

Fuzimiao
02-17-08, 16:00
Brand new budget hotel, rooms immaculate, from 157 rmb, free internet. (wired) Rooms bookable on internet. (Chinese website). Very GF. I checked in with two lady friends carrying my baggage, the porter brought a third toothbrush to the room. Lady visitor came and went at all times of the night.
Display cabinet at reception is filled with condoms.
No restaurant, but a good 24 hour restaurant with English menu directly across the street.
fz

Fuzimiao
02-17-08, 16:34
GF but if shy, simply walk into the bar left of entrance, at rear of bar is back
passage to lifts.

fz

GermanBoy 2
02-17-08, 17:09
Thanks so much for opening this thread jackson.

I am still searching a hotel in shanghai which is central located (think near peoples sqaure is a good choice? ) and not too pricy, cause it will be not my compay who is paying. Gf of course. So does anybody knows something about "Magnificant International Plaza" or "Bailemen" who seems both arround 400 rmb/night?

Would apreciate every suggestion in this price kategory.

Thanks a lot.

BionicMan
02-17-08, 23:23
Have been at Interconti Pudong in '05/'06 and '07 and prived to be GF when I took back the KTV girls for at about midninght/1a.m.
They left at different times at night or early in the morning and did not get any trouble or check.
Have had a friend getting 2 outcall girls at 8pm and meeting them in the lobby with no problem going together to the room.
The spa is legitimate and the girl lifts a huge towel when you lay down or get up, so their view is barred. This adds to the fact they leave the room when you undress or dress.
So I did not feel like trying for something.

BionicMan
02-17-08, 23:33
This is GF too also if you bring your own even at a later hour at night or early morning and you are not bothered by the walk of shame since you cannot go un-noticed to the lifts.
I think I spotted a few freelancers in the lobby bar but I am not interested to those.
Outside of the hotel you can be easily approached by some smiling ladies (later 30's, 5 in look).
Just had a laugh with one of them as I made clear to her I knew the game she was for and was not interested to. Do not know then if they are same of those "bar scam" or just freelancers operating outside the hotel.
Making a right out of the hotel there is soon a street to the left with a series of night bars. Had a beer in a couple of them. Fairly expensive for local standards, but affordable for foreigners as still cheaper than in Europe. Did not see any WG or BG, so wondering if they ar just drinking holes.
Another bar attracted my attention, this time making a right after having walked a bit right of the hotel. I do not know if that is the old Hardrock Cafè (could well have been by its furniture), but was full of expats, some local girls, but no sign of them approaching.
So either they are "civilian" girls or action is very discreet.
If someone knows more and can put some more light/infos on those two areas nearby Portman that will certain help the punter.

Pointpanic
02-18-08, 11:51
I think you are talking about the infamous Tongren Lu Bar street which is a string of bars to the right of the Portman Ritz Carlton and then left on Tongren Lu. Yes, the girls are available. If you turn to the right you are at Malone's where there are some girls available. There are somemps in the vicinity.
This is GF too also if you bring your own even at a later hour at night or early morning and you are not bothered by the walk of shame since you cannot go un-noticed to the lifts.
I think I spotted a few freelancers in the lobby bar but I am not interested to those.
Outside of the hotel you can be easily approached by some smiling ladies (later 30's, 5 in look).
Just had a laugh with one of them as I made clear to her I knew the game she was for and was not interested to. Do not know then if they are same of those "bar scam" or just freelancers operating outside the hotel.
Making a right out of the hotel there is soon a street to the left with a series of night bars. Had a beer in a couple of them. Fairly expensive for local standards, but affordable for foreigners as still cheaper than in Europe. Did not see any WG or BG, so wondering if they ar just drinking holes.
Another bar attracted my attention, this time making a right after having walked a bit right of the hotel. I do not know if that is the old Hardrock Cafè (could well have been by its furniture), but was full of expats, some local girls, but no sign of them approaching.
So either they are "civilian" girls or action is very discreet.
If someone knows more and can put some more light/infos on those two areas nearby Portman that will certain help the punter.

Eliok
02-18-08, 11:58
Hi,

I will be staying at the St.Regis in Pudong.

Any ideas about their health center? CAn you get extras in a massage? (HJ, BJ or FS?).

If not any Saunas near (like walking distance?) It is my first time there and don't know the area.

Is the hotel girl friendly? Activities in the bar?

Thanks for the help. I will report upon return.

Drainaps
02-18-08, 12:14
Salvo Hotel is 5* and conveniently located close to the Bund and People's Square. You can get deals at around 600 RMB on eLong (Chinese Expedia partner), which is a real Bargain. Other than that, the Bund Hotel, not far from Salvo on Guandong Lu lists on eLong at around 600 RMB and is amazing value for a very nice 4*.
New Harbour serviced apartments are nice, you get a kind of "suite": sitting room, bedroom and a kitchenette for around 550 RMB incl. Breakfast. On Yongsou Lu, very close to the Bund and People's square too. My favourite.

All of the above you can check on Tripadvisor, and are guaranteed girl-friendly.

Further down the scale and closer to People's Square is Charms Hotel, a 3* listing for 400+. If on a tight budget, try Motel 168. There's one very close to People's Square, on the street with all the music instrument shops (can't remember the name, is it Zhejiang Lu? Can someone help here?)

I guess I have carpet-bombed the area.... Glad to be of help.

Thanks so much for opening this thread jackson.

I am still searching a hotel in shanghai which is central located (think near peoples sqaure is a good choice? ) and not too pricy, cause it will be not my compay who is paying. Gf of course. So does anybody knows something about "Magnificant International Plaza" or "Bailemen" who seems both arround 400 rmb/night?

Would apreciate every suggestion in this price kategory.

Thanks a lot.

Woodman
02-18-08, 16:35
While in Shanghai I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt and the JW Marroitt - both are girl friendly. In fact both have ladies in their bars that can be picked up.

Woodman

Nicosanx
02-23-08, 05:34
Most of Shanghai hotels are GF and should you walk back at any time with a girl in your hotel room, security will 95% of the time turn their back.

Girl alone can walk into hotel without being asked any question should it be prior 10.30 - 11.00.

Past this time, you might have to pick her up in the lobby without or with registration at the front office.

As mentioned in Shanghai thread, the girl dress might do some difference.

Some years ago, not many Chinese would have stayed in a 4 or 5* hotel and it was more difficult to bring a girl. Today, security can not distinguish guests from "working" girls and therefore do not implement the scrutiny that they should in order to avoid confrontation. (wait for the Olympic period; it might change).

Bad Boy Billy
02-24-08, 05:58
Most of Shanghai hotels are GF and should you walk back at any time with a girl in your hotel room, security will 95% of the time turn their back.

Girl alone can walk into hotel without being asked any question should it be prior 10.30 - 11.00.

Past this time, you might have to pick her up in the lobby without or with registration at the front office.

As mentioned in Shanghai thread, the girl dress might do some difference.

Some years ago, not many Chinese would have stayed in a 4 or 5* hotel and it was more difficult to bring a girl. Today, security can not distinguish guests from "working" girls and therefore do not implement the scrutiny that they should in order to avoid confrontation. (wait for the Olympic period; it might change).

Nicosanx we do appreciate your input - as we appreciate input from all sources.

BUT

Partiucularly in this thread - might I suggest we all be 'HOTEL SPECIFIC'.

It would be better if contributors listed hotels as they actually STAY in them.

For example - last week I stayed in ABC Hotel in Pudong - totally girl friendly as I walked in at 01.30 in morning with a sluttily dressed w.h.o.r.e underarm and nobody batted an eyelid.

General broad brush statements like yours COULD be misleading to visitors.

I hope I do not sound like a teacher or sound derogatory to your posting - but as I pointed out in the 2nd post in this thread I was once 'stopped' at elevator in Sofitel Hyland in Nanjing Lu with a harlot in tow at about midnight one night.

This makes this hotel 'UN-GIRL-FRIENDLY' - there are many other hotels where you can be sure - just check this thread for definitive information on a 'hotel by hotel' basis.

Stareway
02-24-08, 07:55
Secretary has booked this hotel for three nights next month. It seems that it's quite far out of town; near the Fudan University. Is the anything happening around here, or is it a lot of taxi rides to fun?

I've tried searching but to no avail.

SW

Arctic1
02-24-08, 21:42
The Hong Kong Plaza Service Apartments are absolutely GF. This place has been mentioned on ISG before, and I am grateful to the poster for the recommendation. As the previous poster said, the hotel is a couple of blocks from Xin Tiandi and across the street from a subway stop. I paid 1,070 RMB per weekday (900 weekend rate), plus 70 RMB for internet. It sounds a little pricey, but I'm not as tight as Santa.

I checked in with a girl just before 6:00 p.m. They did not bat an eye, giving me two keys without asking her for any identification. Registration lies on the building's 8th floor, so subsequent comings and goings bypass this area.

Ebauche
02-25-08, 19:03
with all due respect, and not intending to flame anyone at all since this thread is just starting out....

but can we make it a "rule" that when reporting on a particular hotel that complete location and contact info be included? sort of a standard report format for this sh hotel thread?

suggested format -

hotel name
street address
website
rate range (in rmb? or usd? or euro?)
hotel facilities:
- rooms
- internet access. in room? wireless or plug in? high speed? included in room cost or extra? how much extra?
- breakfast. buffet? decent? included in room cost or extra? how much extra?
commentary - gf? sauna on premises? sauna nearby (names, please)? hotel bar good or bad hunting ground? reasonable "walk of shame" or discreet? other?

thoughts?

Eliok
02-25-08, 20:39
great idea!

i am trying to find all that info from the st. regis in pudong.

i actually know the rate as they have booked it for me $350 a night; but i am desperate to find the answers to the other questions like sauna in premisses or nearby. girl friendliness. etc.

thanks for the help.

with all due respect, and not intending to flame anyone at all since this thread is just starting out.

but can we make it a "rule" that when reporting on a particular hotel that complete location and contact info be included? sort of a standard report format for this sh hotel thread?

suggested format -

hotel name
street address
website
hotel facilities:
- rooms
- internet access. in room? wireless or plug in? high speed? included in room cost or extra? how much extra?
commentary - gf? sauna on premises? sauna nearby (names, please)? hotel bar good or bad hunting ground? reasonable "walk of shame" or discreet? other?

thoughts?

OldAsiaHand
02-26-08, 02:36
Most recently, I stay either at the Renaissance Yantze in Puxi or the Courtyard in Pudong and have never had any problems. I've also stayed at other hotels in the past, Hilton, Equatorial, Ritz Carlton Portman, Jin Jiang, Hengshan, Rainbow, Galaxy. I only had a problem once at the Hilton, but this was ages ago. Can more recent guests at the latter hotels update the current situation?

OAH

World Guy Sh
02-27-08, 00:38
Crowne Plaza at Fudan is a bit of a trek from the centre. Unless you have business out that way I would try and be more central in Puxi. If you need a western style business hotel try the Hilton, Royal Meridian or JW Marriott. You should be able to get excellent rates.

The Crowne Plaza on Panyu/Fanyu Lu is also at least closer to much of the action, has an OK sauna directly oppositie and some BBS's nearby. SH is no more than 10 mins away by taxi.

Hilton - Changshu Lu
JW Marriott - Tomorrow Square (People's Square)
CP - Fanyu Lu
Royal Meridian - Xi Zang (Tibet) Rd

The Westin in Henin Lu is also nice but perhaps abit out of the way, although great for the Bund if you like high end Russian girls (Bar Rouge etc). JWM has girls in the lobby and bars. Hilton has reports of being a little un GF in past history.

This is a useful map:

http://www.smartshanghai.com/maps/smsh_map.php

Click the box for major hotels and you will have a great understanding of what is where. Use the 'Hilton' as a near as damn it location for the Shanghai Hotel.

WGS

Bad Boy Billy
02-27-08, 05:35
with all due respect, and not intending to flame anyone at all since this thread is just starting out....

suggested format -

hotel name
street address
website
hotel facilities:
- rooms

thoughts?

personally i think that is way too much information.

my thoughts were that reason this thread was created was to only advise as to girl-friendlieness / girl-un-friendliness of individual hotels.

i will only give that information - i will also add snippets from time to time on cheap deals for hotels that i regularly stay in.

Ebauche
02-27-08, 17:22
Personally I think that is way too much information.

My thoughts were that reason this thread was created was to ONLY advise as to GIRL-FRIENDLIENESS / GIRL-UN-FRIENDLINESS of individual hotels.

I will only give that information - I will also add snippets from time to time on CHEAP deals for hotels that I regularly stay in.
I thought it was about Shanghai hotels in general. There have been questions other than GF-status, you know.

Plus, why not help everyone make the best OVERALL hotel decisions for their trip?

Gilbert Grape
03-01-08, 14:30
Good one Ebauche. Its quite good to gauge all the details of a hotel than just choosing one which is simply GF.

Hotel Name Crowne Plaza @ Pan Yu Lu.
Street Address Pan Yu Lu connecting to Yanan Lu.
Rate range - 100$ onwards
Hotel facilities:
- Rooms - All Types
- Internet access - Inet available at 120Rmb Extra per day (more than 90 mins usage)
- Breakfast. Buffet? - Standard, good.
Safety : Its a safe hotel.

Commentary - GF? Sauna on premises? Sauna nearby (names, please)? Hotel bar good or bad hunting ground? Reasonable "walk of shame" or discreet? Other? : Tough to say, Ive had outcall services and i never want to be seen with a hooker. I have not seen any hookers on the main foyer floor actually in my 8-10 visits there. The outcall girls are properly dressed anyway so they easily access my room. There is a Sauna smack opposite the hotel. Few BBS on same street.

Hotel Name : Motel 168 on Yanan Lu.
Street Address : Yanan Lu (W)
Rate range - 30-45$
Hotel facilities:
- Rooms - All Types but small but clean.
- Internet access - Inet available FREE
- Breakfast. Buffet? - Chinese Breakfast for 25Rmb - not much Euro food on offer.
Safety : Its a safe *enough* hotel but there will be many massage cards thrown under the door.

Commentary - GF? Sauna on premises? Sauna nearby (names, please)? Hotel bar good or bad hunting ground? Reasonable "walk of shame" or discreet? Other? Definately GF but not overly either. Please ignore the hooker touts standing outside the foyer, they can be quite aggressive - please dont accept their girl service - you might as well wank yourself in the hotel bath.

I thought it was about Shanghai hotels in general. There have been questions other than GF-status, you know.

Plus, why not help everyone make the best OVERALL hotel decisions for their trip?

Atlante18
03-02-08, 01:32
Most recently, I stay either at the Renaissance Yantze in Puxi or the Courtyard in Pudong and have never had any problems. I've also stayed at other hotels in the past, Hilton, Equatorial, Ritz Carlton Portman, Jin Jiang, Hengshan, Rainbow, Galaxy. I only had a problem once at the Hilton, but this was ages ago. Can more recent guests at the latter hotels update the current situation?

OAHNext month I will stay at Renaissance Yangtze Shanghai Hotel for 3 days. Can I find good quality girls in the Hotel bar/disco? Otherwise, what is the action in the hotel surroundings? I need 2 - 3 girls per night, for myself and the people with me.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

GermanBoy 2
03-02-08, 15:12
Maybe this hotel is an option for everybody who has to pay for its own without a company and who want to save a bit money

The Magnificent International hotel is located on 381 Xizang South Road, which is 1. 2 kilometer or 15-20 minutes walk to nanjing lu in a absolutely safe area (as everywhere). I checked some websites but get the best price by calling the hotel for my own. (if jackson allows, the hotel number is: 0086 21 53836588). Price for room with king size bed is 320 rmb, including all taxes, service charges and breakfast for two. (the official rate printed out in the lobby is 900 rmb).

Its no hilton, but absolutely ok and clean. Room offers tv (cnn, star movie) minibar, table, chairs, air condition and enough space for bagage. Bathroom is equipped with all you need to. No idea about internet access. Breakfast is a buffet, nothing special, but all right. Eggs, bred, marmelade, coffee, juices. And a lot of Chinese stuff. I never had a problem bringing a girl with me home. Receptionist was always very busy looking in the other direction when we entered. A little problem are elevators. They have only two and they are small. There is a business center I never used and no massage place inside hotel.

Arround the corner there are some barbershops. If you go out from hotel and turn left, walk 100 meter till there is a crossing. Turn right and after some more 200 meters on the left side are 4. In the narrow streets arround are more, I never tried. This barbershop-street guides you directly to Xintiandi Lu where are a lot of uperclass bars and restaurants. Its maybe 8 minutes walk from hotel. Some agencys at the web call the hotel also magnificent international plaza. All in all a good choice.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

German Man
03-04-08, 20:28
Maybe this hotel is an option for everybody who has to pay for its own without a company and who want to save a bit money

The Magnificent International hotel is located on 381 Xizang South Road, which is 1. 2 kilometer or 15-20 minutes walk to nanjing lu in a absolutely safe area (as everywhere). I checked some websites but get the best price by calling the hotel for my own. (if jackson allows, the hotel number is: 0086 21 53836588). Price for room with king size bed is 320 rmb, including all taxes, service charges and breakfast for two. (the official rate printed out in the lobby is 900 rmb).

Its no hilton, but absolutely ok and clean. Room offers tv (cnn, star movie) minibar, table, chairs, air condition and enough space for bagage. Bathroom is equipped with all you need to. No idea about internet access. Breakfast is a buffet, nothing special, but all right. Eggs, bred, marmelade, coffee, juices. And a lot of Chinese stuff. I never had a problem bringing a girl with me home. Receptionist was always very busy looking in the other direction when we entered. A little problem are elevators. They have only two and they are small. There is a business center I never used and no massage place inside hotel.

Arround the corner there are some barbershops. If you go out from hotel and turn left, walk 100 meter till there is a crossing. Turn right and after some more 200 meters on the left side are 4. In the narrow streets arround are more, I never tried. This barbershop-street guides you directly to Xintiandi Lu where are a lot of uperclass bars and restaurants. Its maybe 8 minutes walk from hotel. Some agencys at the web call the hotel also magnificent international plaza. All in all a good choice.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.I stayed in this hotel about two weeks ago, and I fully agree with you. The business centre has four dead-slow PCs with a (free) dead-slow internet access. Room Internet is charged but probably not faster. When I come to Shanghai I will book that place again.

World Guy Sh
03-05-08, 00:21
If you are looking for a hotle in Shanghai, chances are that you won't know much about the scene here. Two reports from Albert that all visitors to Shanghai should read:

A list of every location from BBS's to saunas to Bars to:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=608050&postcount=1298

A Monger's Guide to Shanghai - A definitive introduction:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=437583&postcount=4772

As we build a list of GF and UGF hotels I suggest we replicate the approach on the Beijing Thread and attach these to that list. If I get the chance I'll start to build it.

Ericklein
03-17-08, 12:08
I stayed in Hilton during my last visit in Shanghai. Opposite the hotel, there are a lot of bars with girls that you can "pick up" and take them to your hotel. I had no problem bringing the girl to my room from the opposite bar.

Ericklein
03-17-08, 21:06
Some months ago, I stayed in crowne plaza, because I read in another forum that you can find working girls in the bar of the hotel. I went to the bar on the first evening, but there was no sign of a working girl. Just a few tourists.

I contacted some amateur working girls through internet adds (expatriates) and invited one of them to come to my room. She came without even having to call me from the reception. Very GF hotel (some months ago)

Qwer123
03-19-08, 16:12
Stayed there recently. I asked for a massage in my room, although expensive the girl was really good at her job. Offered to finish with HJ with a tip. When I refused, she said that if I want, she can also get me a girl for FS. I was surprised and asked her whether these girls worked in the spa downstairs. But she did not want to tell me. Good hunting.

You can ask for a massage at anytime during the night, despite what the hotel guide says.

Jaguar120
03-24-08, 16:23
The problem with the Grand Hyatt is that you need your key to use the elevator. The only exception is the top floor where the bar is located.

I called for a outcall massage "Sunshine Girls". She had to come to the lobby floor (59) and call me and I had to go down to get her. A little goofy and awkward approaching her and taking her back up.

By the way, had a cute thing (Jenny? ) show up who really did a nice massage. When I kept suggesting more, she kept insisting "no, no, no, I don't do that". Well, the game was afoot, and by the end of the hour she did HJ, CBJ, and FS, every step of the way insisting "I don't do that". She even had condoms! What an act!

Anyway, if you go to the bar on the top floor and have their outrageous priced drinks, I guarantee that, if you are alone, you will be approached by a working girl. They usually start out at $300 USD, but like everything else in China, it's all in the negotiation. The nice thing is that you can put your arm around her and gauge her body and personality.

The other problem with the Hyatt is that it's in Jin Mao tower. Not really near anything except the Shangri La hotel.

Cheapy
03-25-08, 00:34
Boyz, do I get tired of the reading the Hilton, Hyatt, and Sheraton reports from the corporate guys from suburbia. Ugh. They are ruining China by paying Vegas prices!

You can book any Chinese hotel from sinohotel.com Cost: 300/400 RMB, order an "an mo" in-room for another 140 RMB, and then negotiate FS for another 300RMB. Room, massage and FS for a $100USD.

No scams and on your turf. The good life.

Steven Jones
03-25-08, 01:17
Some months ago, I stayed in crowne plaza, because I read in another forum that you can find working girls in the bar of the hotel. I went to the bar on the first evening, but there was no sign of a working girl. Just a few tourists.

I contacted some amateur working girls through internet adds (expatriates) and invited one of them to come to my room. She came without even having to call me from the reception. Very GF hotel (some months ago)

I got a massage here last time I stayed, very good massage but that was all i got.

My friend on the other hand got a little extra, for a 50rmb tip he got a bbbj and he shot in her mouth! This was from one of the girls from the massage palour on th ground floor, they sent them p to our rooms.

Bj1217
04-10-08, 09:25
Could some one recommend a 3 stars GF hotel near the bus station in Shanghai.

I only have few hours in Shanghai, any recommendations?

This site rocks.

Keep it up guys.

Cheapy
04-11-08, 00:43
There are at least two bus stations in Shanghai and both are not adjacent to any hotels (in my experience).

Checkout sinohotel.com for reasonable rooms in the desired area. (most hotels feature a map on the feature page).

Always book a Green Tree Hotel, if that's an option. Super nice for the price (American managed).

Cheapy

Fitz1971
04-26-08, 22:18
Eton hotel is a great 4+star hotel in Pudong. Great value for around $105 USD. I stayed here because of the high ratings on tripadvisor.com

Very close to metro and only a few metro stops from B2, although I will not return to B2 (read previous reports).

I'm not sure if they are girl friendly. I'm coming to Shanghai again during the week of the 14th, but I'm not sure where I'll be staying.

Fitz

Fuzimiao
04-28-08, 13:40
Eton hotel is a great 4+star hotel in Pudong. Great value for around $105 USD. I stayed here because of the high ratings on tripadvisor.com

Very close to metro and only a few metro stops from B2, although I will not return to B2 (read previous reports).

I'm not sure if they are girl friendly. I'm coming to Shanghai again during the week of the 14th, but I'm not sure where I'll be staying.

Fitz

A friend HK every two weeks, stays here, never alone, yes definitely GF. Restarant is excellent too!, why waste time!

fz

Narak Farang
06-30-08, 07:56
Thanks Friends!

This forum is Great. I am new to Shanghai. Would You please recommend a good hotel near the Action (not too pricy). I am not so familiar with shanghai streets and I don't know wich street is better to stay. I think near the bund is better.

Thanks for your guides.

Narak Farang
07-02-08, 14:12
Anybody ever stayed at Rui Tai Hotel (Jing An) in shanghai? Is it Girl friendly? Near to action? Its a bout 450 CNY with breakfast + broadband internet.

Thanx for your helps.

Fast Eddie 48
07-03-08, 06:46
Thanks Friends!

This forum is Great. I am new to Shanghai. Would You please recommend a good hotel near the Action (not too pricy). I am not so familiar with shanghai streets and I don't know wich street is better to stay. I think near the bund is better.

Thanks for your guides.Narak,

I stay in Yan An hotel near Jinan temple area is a large hotel at a good locations walking dist to the Hilton and Shanghai hotel. Is also 10 min walk to Tongren rd bar area and Jinan temple airport bus station.

For a standard room w double bed in the main tower is 70 USD a night, they also have budget room behind the main buliding for 40 USD a night no in room safe no breakfast buffet, they have a sauna on the 3 fl offer FS to your room for 500 rmb.

Fast Eddie 48

San Chex
07-11-08, 10:22
Narak,

I stay in Yan An hotel near Jinan temple area is a large hotel at a good locations walking dist to the Hilton and Shanghai hotel. Is also 10 min walk to Tongren rd bar area and Jinan temple airport bus station.

For a standard room w double bed in the main tower is 70 USD a night, they also have budget room behind the main buliding for 40 USD a night no in room safe no breakfast buffet, they have a sauna on the 3 fl offer FS to your room for 500 rmb.

Fast Eddie 48Fast Eddie,

Is their service any good. And do you know what kind of service they have in their sauna. Is the FS for 500 rmb for over night(LT) or just ST.

I'm deciding between Shanghai hotel and Yan An hotel.

Which one would you recomend?

San Chex
07-11-08, 11:01
Narak,

Fast Eddie 48Fast Eddie 48,

How is their service, is it any good? Do they have sauna services like shanghai hotel(red rope). The 500 rmb FS in your own hotel room is it LT or just ST.

The room you stay in is it the standard or budget? When was the last time you stayed at Yan An hotel?

I'll be in shanghai in august and im thinking about Shanghai hotel or Yan An hotel.

Fast Eddie 48
07-12-08, 06:51
Fast Eddie 48,

How is their service, is it any good? Do they have sauna services like shanghai hotel(red rope). The 500 rmb FS in your own hotel room is it LT or just ST.

The room you stay in is it the standard or budget? When was the last time you stayed at Yan An hotel?

I'll be in shanghai in august and im thinking about Shanghai hotel or Yan An hotel.San,

I stay there in may this yr this is a 3 star place, I didn't see any girl that I like they only have 5 to pick from. Go to the shanghai hotel quality is much better there only 5 min walk.

I have stay in both standard and budget depend if my company is paying or not the main tower have much better room service is good and cute receptionist and speak good english.

Fast Eddie 48

Fastm5
07-19-08, 09:11
The problem with the Grand Hyatt is that you need your key to use the elevator. The only exception is the top floor where the bar is located.

I called for a outcall massage "Sunshine Girls". She had to come to the lobby floor (59) and call me and I had to go down to get her. A little goofy and awkward approaching her and taking her back up.

By the way, had a cute thing (Jenny? ) show up who really did a nice massage. When I kept suggesting more, she kept insisting "no, no, no, I don't do that". Well, the game was afoot, and by the end of the hour she did HJ, CBJ, and FS, every step of the way insisting "I don't do that". She even had condoms! What an act!

Anyway, if you go to the bar on the top floor and have their outrageous priced drinks, I guarantee that, if you are alone, you will be approached by a working girl. They usually start out at $300 USD, but like everything else in China, it's all in the negotiation. The nice thing is that you can put your arm around her and gauge her body and personality.

The other problem with the Hyatt is that it's in Jin Mao tower. Not really near anything except the Shangri La hotel.I suggest you to stay at Hyatt on the Bund which just opened earlier this year.

Very nice hotel and much better than Grand Hyatt at Jing Mao.

Carage
07-29-08, 12:35
Narak,

Fast Eddie 48That hotel is a decent place to stay considering its price and location.

It should also rank pretty high on the safety scale 'cuz it's a PLA money maker.

I heard there are Russian girls or Korean girls in their sauna.

The restaurant on the other wing offers decent Jiang Zhe cuisine.

Vitc77
08-13-08, 10:57
Hi bros

Is there anyone have try Jian Guo Hotel in Xu Jia Hui? They have a sauna in there but do not know if they have anything to offer?

About WG, how was the standard if they have special services?

Thanks

Firebird
08-13-08, 23:40
I have been searching the forum but came up empty handed concerning information about the Holiday Inn Pudong. As this was organized by my company, I do not have much of a choice.
I have an upcoming trip and would like to get prepared. I would appreciate it if someone could give me some feedback:
- is the hotel girl-friendly?
- any good saunas nearby? Names?
- any clubs nearby to pickup freelancers for some LT? If you could supply the names of the clubs I am sure search will come up with something.
Thanks and stay safe

Guybert56
08-14-08, 00:10
The Inn is within 20 minute walk of 4 very highly reported venues.

1. Bao Dong in the same guilding as the Courtyard Marriott 4F is a soapland
2. SiYuan Club is a very nice sauna in Merrylin Hotel across from the Intercontinental
3. World Plaza, the farthest away, is west on Century Blvd then south on Pudong Lu to the tall brown marble building. Paradise on B2
4. Sacrosa is then close by on Pudong Lu behind Wagas. It is closed to foreigners until after the oly,,,

There's a hotel near the Inn that has a sauna, heretofore unreported. The name of the hotel escapes me but it is something International. Not the Regis, but near it.

Lots of bbs and mp action on Weifang Lu and Laoshan Lu about 10 minutes from the Inn.

Most freelance action is in the street in front of the Inn but I do NOT recommend as many are touts and do not go with TOUTS!!

I have been searching the forum but came up empty handed concerning information about the Holiday Inn Pudong. As this was organized by my company, I do not have much of a choice.
I have an upcoming trip and would like to get prepared. I would appreciate it if someone could give me some feedback:
- is the hotel girl-friendly?
- any good saunas nearby? Names?
- any clubs nearby to pickup freelancers for some LT? If you could supply the names of the clubs I am sure search will come up with something.
Thanks and stay safe

Firebird
08-15-08, 01:53
Guybert 56 - THANKS for that report - EXCELLENT information

Guybert56
08-21-08, 04:09
I think I found a really nice place to do off-site "meetings"... The Embassy Suites on 1607 Pudong Lu is a nice quiet place with a second floor Chinese Restaurant with outside entrance for discreet coming and goings. The room is a nice suite layout with mini bar and hot water dispencer, free ADSL, really good TV listings (if you have time for that) good lighting and really nice clean linens, etc. I was able to get a 580 RMB Company rate including breakfast and fruit in the room. My lady friend seemed really pleased with all the amenities!

Does not have a sauna!

Any other possibilities anyone could add?

Afriend995
10-02-08, 07:36
While in Shanghai I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt and the JW Marroitt - both are girl friendly. In fact both have ladies in their bars that can be picked up.

WoodmanI stayed at the JW MArriott in late 2006 or early 2007, and it is a great hotel with great views. However, I never saw any working ladies on the premises, and when I called-in a girl, I had to go to the mid-hotel lobby or to the ground floor lobby to meet them and take the "walk of shame". Has something changed? I also visited what I thought were all of the hotel bars (top floor, main lobby, and mid-lobby if memory serves) and I never saw any indication.- did I miss something?

Otherwise, a recommendation for a similarly nice hotel and location, with nearby local talent is greatly appreciated. I will be in SH in 3 weeks for only 2 days, and by then I will likely be dead tired from a long trip. (Sadly, this is likely why my visits to Shanghai have always been a but less fun than they shoud be.)

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Asiabound69
10-05-08, 03:43
Jw does require the walk. Have stayed there many times. So whats the big deal about it? If you take a look around you will notice you are not alone I've seen a few WGs in the bar on the 40th floor (2 up from the mid lobby), although not every night. It is a great hotel.

I stayed at the JW MArriott in late 2006 or early 2007, and it is a great hotel with great views. However, I never saw any working ladies on the premises, and when I called-in a girl, I had to go to the mid-hotel lobby or to the ground floor lobby to meet them and take the "walk of shame". Has something changed? I also visited what I thought were all of the hotel bars (top floor, main lobby, and mid-lobby if memory serves) and I never saw any indication.- did I miss something?

Otherwise, a recommendation for a similarly nice hotel and location, with nearby local talent is greatly appreciated. I will be in SH in 3 weeks for only 2 days, and by then I will likely be dead tired from a long trip. (Sadly, this is likely why my visits to Shanghai have always been a but less fun than they shoud be.)

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Afriend995
10-06-08, 05:39
I suggest you to stay at Hyatt on the Bund which just opened earlier this year.

Very nice hotel and much better than Grand Hyatt at Jing Mao.Any 1st hand experience of how the Hyatt on the Bund compares to the JW Marriott? Am I correct to presume that the Hyatt allows the girls to go straight-up to the room to avoid "the walk"?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Allover
10-23-08, 08:49
Is the Courtyard convenient for sightseeing and is it girl friendly? I only have a few days in Shanghai and I want to monger and sightsee. I'm concerned it would be difficult and time consuming to get downtown each day and night.

Courtyard's rates are good but I'm worried about their location. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Fritobugger
10-23-08, 09:55
Is the Courtyard convenient for sightseeing and is it girl friendly? I only have a few days in Shanghai and I want to monger and sightsee. I'm concerned it would be difficult and time consuming to get downtown each day and night.

Courtyard's rates are good but I'm worried about their location. Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

If you searched or read the Shanghai forum you would know that the hotel has a full service sauna and that it is within walking distance of at least 4 other decent to great full service saunas plus is almost across the street from some HE massage places and down the street from several BBS. It is also near the strip of BBS places on Eshan Lu. All in Pudong and all very near (or inside) your hotel.

Probably the wrong forum for sightseeing advice unless you are interested in the color of the wall paper in the massage rooms.

Good luck. Let us know how the view is!

Frito

Allover
10-23-08, 17:30
Fritobugger:

I did search the forum but I didn't fully explain my concern. I plan on visiting the clubs near the Hilton and place like Judy's and Manhattan. Will the girls at places like Manhattan hesitate to come to Pudong or charge a premium due to the distance?

I did read about the 4 nearby places but your response clearly summarizes action near the Courtyard and I'll bring your info with me on my trip. I appreciate your response even with the sarcasm. Thanks again for the help.

Fritobugger
10-24-08, 09:52
Fritobugger:

I did search the forum but I didn't fully explain my concern. I plan on visiting the clubs near the Hilton and place like Judy's and Manhattan. Will the girls at places like Manhattan hesitate to come to Pudong or charge a premium due to the distance?

I did read about the 4 nearby places but your response clearly summarizes action near the Courtyard and I'll bring your info with me on my trip. I appreciate your response even with the sarcasm. Thanks again for the help.

I can't speak to the TRL girls at the places you mentioned but I have never had a problem with some freelancers or KTV girls coming out to my place (compound way out in Pudong) for anything more than their rate plus taxi fare.

I don't usually like overnight guests unless they are one of my regluar freelancers but if that is what you are seeking I would try to pull one of the BBS girls from near the hotel. The BBS girls are probably easier for overnight than the sauna or massage girls but it would require some mandarin skills. I don't dig the TRL scene so I can't help there.

Flood800
10-24-08, 14:33
I don't think any of the ladies would ask for any 'extra' due to the distance, as long as you give them the taxi fare. If they do ask for 'extra' just tell them no, or find another one - there are lots of them about!

If you are concerned about the cost of taxi, don't be, the fare is cheap by western standards, and you will be charged according to the meter, it even prints out a receipt!

One small tip, if you are going from Pudong to the Hilton, or Mahattan, use the metro, it will save you time and it is VERY cheap.

Happy hunting!

Fritobugger:

El Frances
10-24-08, 21:00
Hello,

Can you advise me some GF hotels (i.e. bringing a girl from outside at night) in the area of Jin Jiang hotel/maoming road which i like very much. It's a very nice area to walk at evenings, nice restaurants and bars. Very relaxing.
It should be in the 500-800 RMB range, tax included.
Thank you for helping!
Cheers

El Frances
10-26-08, 11:20
I’d like to draw members’ attention to the differences in price I have noticed during my booking investigation. For the same room, I have found the following prices: asiarooms 985 RMB, Hoteltravel 953 RMB, Sinohotel 830 RMB. For another room: asiarooms 863 RMB, sinohotel 688 RMB. This pattern of prices differences among these three websites seems to be relatively consistent for the various hotels I have checked.

Fastm5
10-26-08, 12:59
Any 1st hand experience of how the Hyatt on the Bund compares to the JW Marriott? Am I correct to presume that the Hyatt allows the girls to go straight-up to the room to avoid "the walk"?

Thanks in advance!

CheersHyatt on the bund is better. However, not much mongering next to hotel.

Hyatt will allow the girls to go up if she has key. They will not stop her. But without the key, she can't use the elevator.

Plus there are two towers. Unless she know where to go, she will get into trouble.

Galinsoga
10-29-08, 13:20
Gentlemen,

In preparation for a visit to Shanghai in about 10 days time I have done lots of forum reading, have made my plans for places I would like to visit etc. Maps have been printed and locations marked and important guidance/ reports have been saved to the secure place on the hard drive etc ie I have done my homework.

The one thing that could stall all of the plans is a lack of mobility. I will need to get from my hotel (Regal Int. East Asia. No choice in that) to various other locations. For example day 1 will be to get to the Hilton/ Equatorial and then walk to find the Shanghai Hotel for post-flight relaxation. Later in the visit I will wander further following the advice on the forum about how to find places of interest from named hotels.

I know I can always pick up a reliable taxi from outside any of the bigger international hotels but with no knowledge of the language getting to where I want could be a problem.

Hotel Cards are likely the best answer because they are likely to be in Chinese and will have a proper location/ address. Surely between the guys on this forum we must have a collection of cards covering almost all of the "important" hotels?

Can I make a suggestion that folk scan them and post the images (with an English translation if that is necessary). It would help me short term and maybe others as well.

Thanks guys

Galingsoga

Pushkin13
10-29-08, 23:28
Hotel cards on this forum are not necessary.

They are already available on most (all?) hotel web sites. These cards can be printed off prior to coming to Shanghai to show to taxi drivers etc.

I suggest that only cards of MPs etc. without an easily accessible website in English be posted.

Just my opinion. :)

Galinsoga
10-31-08, 14:05
Hotel cards on this forum are not necessary.

They are already available on most (all?) hotel web sites. These cards can be printed off prior to coming to Shanghai to show to taxi drivers etc.

I suggest that only cards of MPs etc. without an easily accessible website in English be posted.

Just my opinion. :)Pushkin

Just as a test I looked at the websites for Marriott Hongquiao, Sheration Hongquiao and Regal Int East Asia. None of them have an option to print an hotel card in English or Chinese. Other hotel websites may be more helpful.

However, the SmartShanghai map does have its own links to some hotels and those links have a bilt-in facility to print a full Chinese script + English address (and includes some useful (? ) vocabulary)

Galinsoga

Skipper1
11-03-08, 05:58
Hyatt on the bund is better. However, not much mongering next to hotel.

Hyatt will allow the girls to go up if she has key. They will not stop her. But without the key, she can't use the elevator.

Plus there are two towers. Unless she know where to go, she will get into trouble.You guys need to get off this kick wondering if hotels in Shanghai are girl friendly or not. I understand in many parts of SE Asia this may be of some concern but not in Shanghai OK? I can't remember the number of times I've stayed in Shanghai. At all of the 5-star hotels and brought back countless numbers of girls. And have never ever been in the least questioned or even looked at in an uncomfortable manner. Have a good time and quit worrying about petty crap like that. It's Shanghai for cryin' out loud. It's been called the ***** of the Orient for a few hundred years for a reason.

Mark17
11-10-08, 19:02
Gentlemen,

In preparation for a visit to Shanghai in about 10 days time I have done lots of forum reading, have made my plans for places I would like to visit etc. Maps have been printed and locations marked and important guidance/ reports have been saved to the secure place on the hard drive etc ie I have done my homework.

The one thing that could stall all of the plans is a lack of mobility. I will need to get from my hotel (Regal Int. East Asia. No choice in that) to various other locations. For example day 1 will be to get to the Hilton/ Equatorial and then walk to find the Shanghai Hotel for post-flight relaxation. Later in the visit I will wander further following the advice on the forum about how to find places of interest from named hotels.

I know I can always pick up a reliable taxi from outside any of the bigger international hotels but with no knowledge of the language getting to where I want could be a problem.

Hotel Cards are likely the best answer because they are likely to be in Chinese and will have a proper location/ address. Surely between the guys on this forum we must have a collection of cards covering almost all of the "important" hotels?

Can I make a suggestion that folk scan them and post the images (with an English translation if that is necessary). It would help me short term and maybe others as well.

Thanks guys

GalingsogaWhy dont you just pick up the card for your hotel at the desk... and then ask the concierge to write down the address (one on each card) for the places you want to go. It will give you flexibility to go from one place to another.

I have done this in SHanghai and BJ, and the Hilton concierges were very good for writing the address for me.

Jakehandy
11-11-08, 03:15
You guys need to get off this kick wondering if hotels in Shanghai are girl friendly or not. I understand in many parts of SE Asia this may be of some concern but not in Shanghai OK? I can't remember the number of times I've stayed in Shanghai. At all of the 5-star hotels and brought back countless numbers of girls. And have never ever been in the least questioned or even looked at in an uncomfortable manner. Have a good time and quit worrying about petty crap like that. It's Shanghai for cryin' out loud. It's been called the ***** of the Orient for a few hundred years for a reason.Any good spots around the Hilton Hotel in shanghai?

Tks,

Alberta

Mark17
11-11-08, 15:41
Any good spots around the Hilton Hotel in shanghai?

Tks,

AlbertaSee my previous reports. JJ's massge is about three blocks away, the SH hotel is diaginally behind the Hilton on the next street. There are about 6-8 bars right across the street. But mostly sit and by drinks talk girls, but some take outs, the old bar street is a few blocks down to the right (posted about Pretty Girl before), and there is a massage place across the street where you can olny get a HJ. Tongren Lou is about a 5-10 minute walk ot 10 rmb cab ride if its rainng (Manhattan, Judy's, Malones.) Good location. Except I do not know any barbershop type places around it.

El Frances
11-14-08, 12:45
Hello,

Can you advise me some GF hotels (i.e. bringing a girl from outside at night) in the area of Jin Jiang hotel/maoming road which i like very much. It's a very nice area to walk at evenings, nice restaurants and bars. Very relaxing.
It should be in the 500-800 RMB range, tax included.
Thank you for helping!
Cheers

Mason hotel

Chin Mann
11-14-08, 15:47
Any good spots around the Hilton Hotel in shanghai?

Tks,

AlbertaThere is a newly opened bar called Club L.A. with good drinks and nice environment on Tongren Lu. You can dance, play pool or just have a drink to relax and chat with the other people there. Have been there again and again, cool place, to have beer, listen to music, people and service good. Overall, very nice place

Pizdyets
12-09-08, 04:30
Brought a respectable looking WG back to the Hilton only to have her rejected. Really, she didn't even dress like a WG - just regularly. Doorman didn't speak any English (other than "no"), but when I spoke with the manager on duty, he said she had been rejected the prior evening due to lack of proper ID. I asked if she had ID this time, and she said no. Thought about bribing them, but it was late, and she wasn't that hot, so I dropped her and headed to my room solo. Hadn't had this happen to me in Shanghai before...

Pizdyets
12-11-08, 13:13
Brought a respectable looking WG back to the Hilton only to have her rejected. Really, she didn't even dress like a WG - just regularly. Doorman didn't speak any English (other than "no"), but when I spoke with the manager on duty, he said she had been rejected the prior evening due to lack of proper ID. I asked if she had ID this time, and she said no. Thought about bribing them, but it was late, and she wasn't that hot, so I dropped her and headed to my room solo. Hadn't had this happen to me in Shanghai before...

update... brought another girl back and had a very different experience. Considering what happened before, I warned this new girl that she'd have to present her ID to security and she said it'd be no problem. So, we walked in all prepared for a showdown, but there was not one soul in the lobby when we arrived. Cool, I thought. But then the elevators didn't work. We seriously waited for 5 minutes before I yelled at the front desk for some help. The front desk girl apologized to us and said it would be there presently (which it was). But no request for ID whatsoever... Go figure.

Night Bear
12-15-08, 04:06
Brought a respectable looking WG back to the Hilton only to have her rejected. Really, she didn't even dress like a WG - just regularly. Doorman didn't speak any English (other than "no"), but when I spoke with the manager on duty, he said she had been rejected the prior evening due to lack of proper ID. I asked if she had ID this time, and she said no. Thought about bribing them, but it was late, and she wasn't that hot, so I dropped her and headed to my room solo. Hadn't had this happen to me in Shanghai before...I had the same experience in the Hilton and also in some other Beijing hotels. Meanwhile I get every girl registered independent from the late arrival in the Hotel. Just to be sure that nothing will leave my room unexpected. And to be honest most of the hotels knows exactly if a girl is on the room or not and also how long. Sometimes it is also helpful to get a second keycard during the check in with the hint that my girl friend will arrive later. That was never rejected.

Just my personal experience

NB

Vista Sushi
12-15-08, 06:45
update... no request for ID whatsoever... Go figure.Like everything in China, . Enforcement is spotty. You did the right thing by bribing the first time. Had you been a lot earlier, the lobby bar area is usually crawling with WGs. Can't imagine much enforcement going on at that time. But, who knows with a Hilton. You can get a lot more with a Chinese branded hotel for a lot less.

Pizdyets
12-15-08, 06:52
I had the same experience in the Hilton and also in some other Beijing hotels. Meanwhile I get every girl registered independent from the late arrival in the Hotel. Just to be sure that nothing will leave my room unexpected. And to be honest most of the hotels knows exactly if a girl is on the room or not and also how long. Sometimes it is also helpful to get a second keycard during the check in with the hint that my girl friend will arrive later. That was never rejected.

I actually did exactly that when I checked in. They refused a second key until my "guest" showed them her passport. But you can't deny that the location is convenient with lots of good restaurants around (I particularly like the Indian place directly across the street once I've tired of Chinese during a long stay), a subway stop nearby, as well as being within stumbling distance from TRL. It's also pretty damn cheap as international chain hotels go in Shanghai - I paid just over $100/night for my twin room. But the service - and more distressingly the cleanliness (or lack thereof) - will keep me from returning, at least in the near future.

Phenyl
12-15-08, 14:42
Galinsoga,

As previously suggested. Ask the concierge at your hotel (regal east asia. They have good english language staff) to write down the name in Chinese for the taxi driver. Once you get to THAT hotel, grab a name card. Make it a habit to grab name cards from every hotel you stop at to form your own collection. Just remember to take your own hotel card with you for the way back!

Cheers,

Phenyl

Pushkin

Just as a test I looked at the websites for Marriott Hongquiao, Sheration Hongquiao and Regal Int East Asia. None of them have an option to print an hotel card in English or Chinese. Other hotel websites may be more helpful.

However, the SmartShanghai map does have its own links to some hotels and those links have a bilt-in facility to print a full Chinese script + English address (and includes some useful (? ) vocabulary)

Galinsoga

Gaolei
12-15-08, 18:32
I find that I often find myself collecting match book covers as a way to get back to a hotel, bar or restaurant. They are often easier to find than a hotel card and they are usually in Chinese and English.

Night Bear
12-16-08, 04:17
I actually did exactly that when I checked in. They refused a second key until my "guest" showed them her passport. But you can't deny that the location is convenient with lots of good restaurants around (I particularly like the Indian place directly across the street once I've tired of Chinese during a long stay), a subway stop nearby, as well as being within stumbling distance from TRL. It's also pretty damn cheap as international chain hotels go in Shanghai - I paid just over $100/night for my twin room. But the service - and more distressingly the cleanliness (or lack thereof) - will keep me from returning, at least in the near future.I fully agree. Thats the reason I have moved my bears den to the Intercontinental Pudong. A 25 RMB cab drive away from TRL. Absolutely no problem to enter whether you get the girl registered or you go strait to the elevator. And that also at 3AM.

Just my personal experience

NB

Pizdyets
12-16-08, 07:57
I fully agree. Thats the reason I have moved my bears den to the Intercontinental Pudong. A 25 RMB cab drive away from TRL. Absolutely no problem to enter whether you get the girl registered or you go strait to the elevator. And that also at 3AM.

Yeah, but it's in Pudong. :)

Stayed at the Shangri-La and also the Hyatt a few times. Nice hotels, beautiful rooms, fantastic service. But again, Pudong... I'm a Puxi kinda guy, what can I say? :)

Sfinil
12-23-08, 17:11
Hi,

I'm going to shanghai for the first time and I was hoping someone can clarify for me. If a hotel has a sauna on site, is it a given that they have in-room massage? Or does it depend on the hotel? Is it any more expensive to have the girl come to your room? Thanks for the help (BTW, I can read the forum to get the answer to this part, but if anyone answering my question wants to recommend a hotel with a sauna under $150 a night. I'd appreciate it).

DoItUnderwater
12-27-08, 22:19
Yes, if there is on-site sauna you can usually get room service. Exception is the 5 stars that sometimes limit to only legitimate massage. Good 3 star hotels will be just fine.

Shanghai is a big city so choosing hotel may depend on where you need to be (assuming you are going for work). The best mongering concentration is in Pudong (east of the river).

If you walk around you will get offers from guys and girls on the street. Do NOT go with the guys who tell you they will get you a beautiful girl. YThere are plenty of them and you can get your own easily.

Hi,

I'm going to shanghai for the first time and I was hoping someone can clarify for me. If a hotel has a sauna on site, is it a given that they have in-room massage? Or does it depend on the hotel? Is it any more expensive to have the girl come to your room? Thanks for the help (BTW, I can read the forum to get the answer to this part, but if anyone answering my question wants to recommend a hotel with a sauna under $150 a night. I'd appreciate it).

Qubei
12-28-08, 00:19
First off I would like to thank all posters in this forum. I have found some very useful information.

I am going to work in Shanghai for some time and wonder if and in that case were I can find good service levels like I’m used to in FKK clubs in Germany. I’m thinking about BBBJ and high possibility for DFK, but also the option to finish CIM. Are saunas like SH and World Plaza my best bet?

No Will
01-12-09, 16:49
I am a consultant for a chinese firm and must come to Shanghia Jan 20-25.

Historically, I stayed in the Hilton (great breakfast buffet) and the Ecuatorial, when my company was paying.

Now that it is "on my dime", I checked on the internet and found the Shanghai Hotel picture were nice and reasonable rate ($64 standard, $114 executive room).

While I plan to enjoy the sauna during my visit, has anyone stayed in the actual hotel?

Fast Eddie 48
01-12-09, 23:32
I am a consultant for a chinese firm and must come to Shanghia Jan 20-25.

Historically, I stayed in the Hilton (great breakfast buffet) and the Ecuatorial, when my company was paying.

Now that it is "on my dime", I checked on the internet and found the Shanghai Hotel picture were nice and reasonable rate ($64 standard, $114 executive room).

While I plan to enjoy the sauna during my visit, has anyone stayed in the actual hotel?NO WILL,

I stay in Shanghai hotel last yr.

This is a 3 star hotel room is smaller than Hilton, and service is not as good, but 64 usd is not a bad.

I think I paid 79 usd last yr.

The sauna is going down hill on quality on talent and service.

Fast eddie 48

Beijing Xiber
02-20-09, 14:47
Galinsoga,

As previously suggested. Ask the concierge at your hotel (regal east asia. They have good english language staff) to write down the name in Chinese for the taxi driver. Once you get to THAT hotel, grab a name card. Make it a habit to grab name cards from every hotel you stop at to form your own collection. Just remember to take your own hotel card with you for the way back!

Cheers,

Phenyl

Phenyl:

The website www_sinohotel_com has most popular China hotel names in Chinese. Check it out.

BJXB

Eagleray
02-27-09, 11:58
My appreciation to Fast Eddie 48 on his recommendations of the Yan An Hotel on some earlier posts. I just got back from a week in China on biz. 3 nights in Nanjing on business and 3 in Shanghai for fun) and stayed a couple of nights at the Yan An based on his recommendation. (made the mistake of staying at a hotel down near the Bund the first night called the Nanjing Hotel and moved locations. Ok budget hotel, but very noisy, under construction and more "shopping" then the sort of fun I was looking for within walking distance)

The Yan An was a great hotel and the location was fantastic. Easy 10 min walk to any of the bars around the Hilton, the Shanghai Hotel, Tongren Lu bars, Malones, etc. The hotel was nicely appointed, my room was a single Queen bed with the room very well done on the Non-Smoking 7th floor, nice bathroom with a shower and a separate bath, digital safe and overall all lived up to it's 4 star hype. 708rmb which I figured was fine considering a budget hotel is up to around $79. $89 in the states. I was also walk-in with no prior reservation. Breakfast was included and was very well done. Mostly Chinese, but they had all kinds of sweets and fruit and included eggs and some toast and bacon. Real coffee! So I was happy!

Since I plan on coming back sometime soon again, I checked out the annex for the cheaper rooms and found that to be a bit dumpy and dingy. (I think if I remember it is an old Sheraton) and it is in back of the main building. To each his own on that one. It would do the job if you just need a bed. I don't remember the price. I think under $50US though.

I did not have a chance to check out the sauna on location. But I had no prob with bringing some company back in the room anytime. No one paid any attention to me at any point when my "company" and I sauntered back to the room at 2 in the morning and then back and forth during the day a few times.

For the first timer in Shanghai, (which I was) running kinda blind other then what I picked up reading all the posts about Tongren Lu, Shanghai Hotel, JJ's, action around the Hilton, etc, etc. This hotel worked out really sweet.

As far as my couple of days of exploration went in Shanghai, I'll put that other info on the proper thread as soon as I can. Not much for the Nanjing thread though. Had to work all the time.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

El Frances
02-27-09, 21:59
I looked on
Sinohotel
standard room (probably old wing) 288 RMB, 258 on WE

elong.net
standard 288
deluxe 598
plus 60 for BF

These sites are always cheaper than western sites, and often don't ask for advanced payment.

Fast Eddie 48
02-28-09, 06:00
I looked on Sinohotel
standard room (probably old wing) 288 RMB, 258 on WE

elong.net
standard 288
deluxe 598
plus 60 for BF

These sites are always cheaper than western sites, and often don't ask for advanced payment.EL France,

The standard room for 288 rmb is not in the main building, it is on the back older room without any frig and mini bar.

Fast eddie 48

Eaglestar
02-28-09, 08:39
Galinsoga,

Cheers,

PhenylOne other way of doing this is to use a service named "Guanxi" which, if I remember correctly, is owned by the people who publish City Weekend magazine.

To use Guanzi simply send a phone text message to 106695882929 entering the name of the hotel, restaurant, bar etc. Momentarily you will received a text message from Guanxi with the name, address and phone number and instructions to "reply" with only the letter 'C'. Again momentarily you will receive another text message with the same info in Chinese characters. I save these in the Memo section on my phone and all I have to do is show it to the taxi driver and off I go.

Seems better to me than having 100 business cards or match book covers.

ES

Smokey Joe
03-02-09, 13:35
Hi All,

I know you guys have probably answered these questions a million times befor but. I am visiting shanghai in a couple of weeks and would apreciate any advice on the following questions.

Best hotels to stay for price, safety and finding ladies. Do the hotel have pick up bars inside them, Best place to pick up girls for the night.

Any help greatly received.

Dragon D
03-03-09, 08:28
Just to add my 2 cents,

I find the Howard Johnson greenland on yan an west road and pan yu road to be a good deal. Weekend rates are 480 if you book through ctrip or ask the reception to do it for you and they usually will. Regular weekend rate is 580 and 196 for breakfast. Also with the discount weekend rate breakfast is only 96 RMB for a decent spread.

As for girl friendly it is the most friendly in town. I have pranced up and down the lobby with a hooker and never as much got a wink.

BionicMan
03-03-09, 12:43
Hi All,

I know you guys have probably answered these questions a million times befor but. I am visiting shanghai in a couple of weeks and would apreciate any advice on the following questions.

Best hotels to stay for price, safety and finding ladies. Do the hotel have pick up bars inside them, Best place to pick up girls for the night.

Any help greatly received.

this is a million dollar question.....or, better, a lifetime time to RTFF! try at least on doing homework on the 7 pages of 2009

Smokey Joe
03-03-09, 16:01
this is a million dollar question.....or, better, a lifetime time to RTFF! try at least on doing homework on the 7 pages of 2009Thanks for your help, i have had a hotel booked for me which is called the Lijing hotel on Hangkou rd, if any one knows of this hotel and could give ideas on where to visit from this area it would be apreciated.

I have looked over the threads but not sure on this hotel or area.

Thanks

Seawolfman
03-08-09, 06:19
Hello,

I will be in Shanghai later this month and was wondering if any of these hotels are GF: Jin Jiang Tower, Le Royal Meridien and Radisson Shanghai New World (these are the choices given to me by my company)

Thanks.

No Will
03-12-09, 21:13
Took a 15 rmb cab ride from La Casa hotel to Renissance Hotel. Much more action in the bar and out front. Would recommend it if you are looking for street girls. Went around the corner to the Zhongtian Sauna 86 Xianxia Lu, Near Zunyi Lu

Not hard to find. Next to the The City Centre Shopping Mall. Next door to Waggas which is a restaurant, big sign outside.

The entrance os a bit sketchy in a door, down some crummy stairs following signs, but the walk is well worth it. 1st class once you get inside.

Typical locker room and well staffed fishbowl. About 15-20 ranging from very young to young. All quite attractive.

I picked 901, but saw quite a few others that are worth returning to see.

"Chair Wash" and Soapy massage were great.

Once dried off, the cat bath, rimming and BBBJ followed.

May positions and LOTS of moaning later I finished up 800rmb poorer, but satisfied.

Gislaved
03-14-09, 03:47
For the records, the hotel is GF.

Had no problems the last two nights. No comments when arriving with a WG.

I was told by one of the guys outside that the annex has a sauna that provides FS. Did not check it out.

Baudelairemod
03-14-09, 14:49
For the records, the hotel is GF.

Had no problems the last two nights. No comments when arriving with a WG.

I was told by one of the guys outside that the annex has a sauna that provides FS. Did not check it out.Hi,

I will be for the first time in China next february for work. I read with interest your short review about Hengshan Picardie Hotel. I guess you had no problems with the last two nights because these where the nights in which you decided to get a girl, right?

And then if you allow me, i would have another questions: is the area nice to pick up girls or go to saunas?

Thanks

Schaf29
03-14-09, 21:49
Dear All,

I will be in Shanghai for the first time in my life for 6 or 7 days in April, no business, pure pleasure and am looking for a hotel recommendation. I would like to stay in a nice 5star hotel, GF and close to the best spots, price up to 150 Euro. Could you please recommend me a nice place? At least the best area. Will be rewarded with reports obviously!

Thanks very much in advance,

Schaf

Gislaved
03-15-09, 10:53
Hi,

I will be for the first time in China next february for work. I read with interest your short review about Hengshan Picardie Hotel. I guess you had no problems with the last two nights because these where the nights in which you decided to get a girl, right?

And then if you allow me, i would have another questions: is the area nice to pick up girls or go to saunas?

ThanksCorrect I did pick up girls twice.

There are a lot of bars around this area and if you walk the Hangshan road in the evening, you will be approached

In the neighbourhood there is Zapatas. Tongren Lu is a bit further away but will cost you less then 20 RMB with a taxi.

Shanghai hotel is also within walking distance.

Bad Boy Billy
03-15-09, 22:29
Hello,

I will be in Shanghai later this month and was wondering if any of these hotels are GF: Jin Jiang Tower, Le Royal Meridien and Radisson Shanghai New World (these are the choices given to me by my company)

Thanks.Le Royal Meridien 100% GF - stayed there for 4 nights last April and took a w.h.o.r.e in each night from Tongren Lu - no problemo.

Am also booked in again for 4 nights May 3 to 7.

Oakley08
04-17-09, 00:39
Hello,

Thanks.Jin Jiang Tower is definately GF. I have stayed there on 5 different occasions with many take ins and no problem at all. Another hotel I frequent is Galaxy Hotel in Hongqiao area very close to Hongqiao airport. This is also very GF and has a nice KTV on 26th floor if anoyone wants a nice night in.

Lad78
04-17-09, 12:16
Jin Jiang Tower is definately GF. I have stayed there on 5 different occasions with many take ins and no problem at all. Another hotel I frequent is Galaxy Hotel in Hongqiao area very close to Hongqiao airport. This is also very GF and has a nice KTV on 26th floor if anoyone wants a nice night in.They also used to have a full service sauna in the Galaxi, but last year the manager was arrested.

Is it still operating?

from the Shanghai Daily last year:

TAO Juan, manager of the sauna in the Galaxy Hotel, was given a sentence of five months yesterday by the Changning District People's Court for introducing prostitution. Tao became the manager in June and was in.

Sogetthis
04-29-09, 16:39
Can anyone give some idea what the sauna in this hotel is like? How is the massage and any extras offered?

Not asking about what's around the area - I know there's lots, but what about in the hotel itself?

Thanks!

Digits
05-21-09, 18:16
Since there aren’t many references to the Renaissance hotels on this thread and I have to stay at a Renaissance during my trip to Shanghai, could anyone familiar with these hotels recommend one over the others?

My choices are

Renaissance Shanghai Zhongshan Park Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Yuyuan Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel

While the availability of surrounding, in-hotel and in-room services are considerations, they are not the only ones; I am also interested in proximity to interesting parts of town, walkability, relative safety, etc.

Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Digits

Lex Moon
05-22-09, 01:19
Since there aren’t many references to the Renaissance hotels on this thread and I have to stay at a Renaissance during my trip to Shanghai, could anyone familiar with these hotels recommend one over the others?

My choices are

Renaissance Shanghai Zhongshan Park Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Yuyuan Hotel
Renaissance Shanghai Pudong Hotel

While the availability of surrounding, in-hotel and in-room services are considerations, they are not the only ones; I am also interested in proximity to interesting parts of town, walkability, relative safety, etc.

Any feedback would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Digits

The only one I know is Renaissance Shanghai Zhongshan Park Hotel.
A very new hotel. Very convenient and safe.
Not much P4P action except a few cheap BBS located 5-10mins walk away (not easy to find). Easy to find freebies if you can sweet-talk a sales gal working in the large adjacent shopping mall.

Taxi will cost about 30rmb to the famous Shanghai Hotel sauna.

Bkk212
06-01-09, 18:17
Hi,
For those of us who are on a budget there's a hotel on Nanjing West road #696 that very clean and basic for 250 CNY/night, it's the Alive(Ju-an) hotel.

It's within walking distance of malls with restaurants and walking distance of the People's Square, where there are other types of buffet.

But this hotel is just a basic clean hotel, no frills, except LCD tv's with only CNN.

And it must be girl friendly (not sure as I wasn't so lucky) as the hotel lobby is on the 3rd floor and the rooms are above it. So you don't pass anyone on the way to your room. It's close to the Nanjing subway.

For those who can't wait the 1 hour for a taxi at the airport there's a shuttle bus from the airport direct to the Jiang temple station.

As I noted this information is for budget travellers. Going rate in People's Square was from 200-1500 for ST, about 2 hours.

Pushkin13
06-02-09, 00:35
Hi,

As I noted this information is for budget travellers. Going rate in People's Square was from 200-1500 for ST, about 2 hours.

A couple of quick questions: (i) who quoted these rates to you, (ii) were they from "sole traders" or touts, and (iii) where in People's Square [Its a BIG area!!]?

I have had good service at the Park Hotel. The bar has recently been closed but in the lobby there is a free-lancer who provides good service (God bless her!), usually there between 9pm and 12/1am. She (or her Mummy) opens at 800 but folds to 600 ST.

Bkk212
06-02-09, 18:52
Hi,
I was quoted these prices by both solos and touts. The touts I never believe or trust so I wasn't about to converse with them. The usual sales pitch, nice young girl come with me, I will never do that.

Next were the free lancers, I met quite a few, spoke for a bit and then they quoted their price, for them, I made certain what we were discussing. The freelancers ranged from 200-1500 ST. The 1500 CNY girl was a stunner. But I can't afford this price.

Maybe People's Square isn't the right location I found most of them in the shopping district next to the People's Square. It's between Nanjing East/West Street.

Also there was some freelancers in People's Square opposite the Park hotel, I found them while I was walking in that area. But I didn't stop to speak with them.

Didn't get a chance to visit Tongren Road but will next time.

Fitz1971
06-02-09, 22:27
Can anyone give some idea what the sauna in this hotel is like? How is the massage and any extras offered?

Not asking about what's around the area - I know there's lots, but what about in the hotel itself?

Thanks!
I stayed there a while back. Did inquire but the pricing was extremely high, something like 900 or more.
Fitz

Pushkin13
07-05-09, 04:51
Definitely GF.

A large lobby, but a couple of pillars, and a meeting lounge/bar area for visitors off to the left, softens the atmosphere for the walk of shame.

No problem with a SWT on my arm at 11:30pm.

New hotel, 4.5/5 stars, stylish, good value for money at about 700kuai/night.

Enjoy.

P13

Stopover
07-13-09, 10:40
Hi Guys

I will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott Pudong in a week's time. The forum is a bit sparse on the scene there. Can anyone suggest the nearest Saunas, BBS or especially pickup locations. The Courtyard is at the crossing of Dong Fang Road and Wei Fang Road and the nearest subway station appears to be Century Avenue.

TIA

Stopover

BionicMan
07-16-09, 11:54
Hi Guys

I will be staying at the Courtyard Marriott Pudong in a week's time. The forum is a bit sparse on the scene there. Can anyone suggest the nearest Saunas, BBS or especially pickup locations. The Courtyard is at the crossing of Dong Fang Road and Wei Fang Road and the nearest subway station appears to be Century Avenue.

TIA

Stopover
Merrellyn (opposite Intecontinental, a 5 minutes walk from CYM) is a sauna, and so is Baosan , right behind CYM, aside the Purple Mountain hotel, plus some other options. There is one sauna to the right opposite the hotel when you exit. I am not sure if it had reports, as I could not match name and location and report. Another sauna is jsut aside the hotel, to your left, in the China Mobile building on the corner entrance... As usual RTFF and search for Pudong.
Just stay away from the touts in front of the hotel.
You might bump into some freelance naerby the hotel lifts, but I did not see any last time this year, whilst I saw a couple approaching me the previous time last year.
In view of the Expo 2010, the Shangai scene seems quite changing.
Happy Mongering

Salaryman
07-16-09, 16:03
Hi guys,
I'm planning a short trip to Shanghai next week and intend to stay at the above hotel at 1111 Li Yang Road near the Bund. I could not find any reference in this forum as to whether this hotel is GF or not. I guess this hotel is pretty new. Would appreciate your advice on this matter and also any actions in and around the hotel area.
SM.

Stopover
07-16-09, 21:06
Thanks Bionic,

I will update my maps, libido, condoms etc. Judging from your bountiful suggestions it seems like I may have stumbled on an OK hotel. I booked it when a freebie (well, she will be a freebie if I score) suggested the place because it is not far from where she lives. I will report any successes and may report failures if they are not too humiliating!

Merrellyn (opposite Intecontinental, a 5 minutes walk from CYM) is a sauna, and so is Baosan , right behind CYM, aside the Purple Mountain hotel, plus some other options. There is one sauna to the right opposite the hotel when you exit. I am not sure if it had reports, as I could not match name and location and report. Another sauna is jsut aside the hotel, to your left, in the China Mobile building on the corner entrance... As usual RTFF and search for Pudong.
Just stay away from the touts in front of the hotel.

You might bump into some freelance naerby the hotel lifts, but I did not see any last time this year, whilst I saw a couple approaching me the previous time last year.
In view of the Expo 2010, the Shangai scene seems quite changing.
Happy Mongering

Dench58
08-10-09, 15:47
Hi folks,

Just spent few days in Shanghai. Was staying in Hilton, close to Shanghai hotel sauna. But it is closed now and I did not get any clear message if it is temporary or permanent. Nevertheless, many saunas around hilton and shanghai hotels, be carefull prices are sometimes very high. In one they asked for 2000 Yan/90 min. I found normal rates, full body massage 150 Yan + "special massage" 500 Yan paid directly to the the girl. Unfortunatelly did not manage to find water full body massage place.

Anonmyous
08-14-09, 09:22
Hi folks,

Just spent few days in Shanghai. Was staying in Hilton, close to Shanghai hotel sauna. But it is closed now and I did not get any clear message if it is temporary or permanent. Did the Shanghai Hotel Sauna close down? Can anyone confirm this?

Sky Ryder
08-17-09, 14:27
Hello Gents,

My company puts me up in Pudong, so when I am on their dime, that where I stay. I am going to spend a couple of extra days in town this week and wanted to see about staying a little closer to the action, however in light of the current economic conditions price does matter. ( I can get a good corporate rate in Pudong). I was hoping for a recommendation of a decent place maybe 3 or 4 stars that would be close to the MAGLEV station for when I need to get back to the airport or maybe something GF near Tungren Lu.
Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Sky

BionicMan
08-17-09, 15:32
Hello Gents,

My company puts me up in Pudong, so when I am on their dime, that where I stay. I am going to spend a couple of extra days in town this week and wanted to see about staying a little closer to the action, however in light of the current economic conditions price does matter. ( I can get a good corporate rate in Pudong). I was hoping for a recommendation of a decent place maybe 3 or 4 stars that would be close to the MAGLEV station for when I need to get back to the airport or maybe something GF near Tungren Lu.
Sky
Pudong should offer sufficient entertainment by itself (rtff)
Taxi in Shangai are not so expensive that even a ride from Puxi to the MagLev station will not cost you a fortune, as bad as it can be. A ride from Pudong to some otehr 'hot' spot on the otehr side of the river will be, at its turn, not prohibitive at all.
The only "down" of staying in one side of Shangai and needing to go to the other side, is the traffic.
I once traveled the otehr way around from pudong to an unknown (to me...and apparently also to the can driver) destination in Puxi for approx 50 minutes (a long ride as there was no traffic) and it costed me 70RMB.

Waldeck2
08-18-09, 03:17
Easy to navigate. Here are two web sites which will get you were you want to go.

http://www.exploreshanghai.com/metro/

http://www.smartshanghai.com/maps/smsh_map.php

If you can't figure it out from this and rtff then go without.

Subway line two will take you to the Maglev.

Hello Gents,

Sky

Daniel8888
08-18-09, 05:53
I will Be in Shanghai Next month. Is the Howard Johnson or portman Ritz-carlton recommended by any of you? Any Action around that area or Even Better on site Sauna with roomservice?

Thanks a Lot for your help.

BionicMan
08-18-09, 11:30
I will Be in Shanghai Next month. Is the Howard Johnson or portman Ritz-carlton recommended by any of you? Any Action around that area or Even Better on site Sauna with roomservice?

Thanks a Lot for your help.The staff attention and service you get at the Ritz Carlton is ovbiously superior. From the moment you step out of the car you are escorted by the reception staff to check in, stometime check in is in the room itself.
It is a pricy hotel, though, and so are the services offered inside.
You might bump into one or two WG at the lobby bar in the evenings.
Few restaurants are in the same complex (but not part of the hotel "price scheme"). Some bars are nearby, 5 minutes walking distance, as well as lots of shopping malls.
You will be often approached by some 'streetwalkers' when you tranist in front of it in the evenings, usually working in couples, not young ones, offering massages in your room. Didn't try them as I do not trust much those "mobile services"
As saunas and other mongering establishments are well spreaded in town, it should not be a difficult task to reach one of those often mentioned here in the forum.
I can't recall well, but there should be a famous (mongering) bar nearby.
At least there is one 5 minutes walk, exiting the hotel on the right. Never figured out its name, but appears to me it could either Malone or another popular one. two floors, full of expatriates, with a micture of asian (freelance WG??) and foreign girls (I did dout they were WG)
Maybe some more informed mate here can clarify this.

AsianLover
08-18-09, 14:54
First off, there are several HJ hotels in Shanghai, but none are as nice as the Ritz. The Ritz is on west Nanjing road, just a stone's throw from Tongren Lu. The Ritz is pricey, but a very good hotel in an excellent area. If you want to monger, there are girls that congregate to the west of the hotel. TGL is a famous mongering street that has lots of bars with WGs. Look up Malones, Manhattan's and Judys.

There are saunas nearby, but be careful with them as the police have been cracking down on them. For the better saunas, you will probably want to take a taxi.

Also, avoid any touts suggesting you go with them for..... They are there to rip you off.

Firebird
08-19-09, 01:26
Usuallly I stay in the Holiday Inn but this time company is putting me up in the Rainbow hotel on West Yan'an road (Yan'an Xi Lu)
I just made a search of the forum to find out if some info was available but I came up empty handed

To all the Shanghai regulars, what is the action around the Rainbow hotel?
Any good places to find local talent? or perhaps inside the hotel?
any idea if any problems bringing girls in?
Appreciate any info - many thanks
Firebird

Lad78
08-19-09, 08:43
Usuallly I stay in the Holiday Inn but this time company is putting me up in the Rainbow hotel on West Yan'an road (Yan'an Xi Lu)

I just made a search of the forum to find out if some info was available but I came up empty handed

To all the Shanghai regulars, what is the action around the Rainbow hotel?

Any good places to find local talent? or perhaps inside the hotel?

any idea if any problems bringing girls in?

Appreciate any info - many thanks

FirebirdThe Rainbow Hotel is in the Hongqiao area, near the Reinassance.

You have some BBS on the small roads around it (if they are still there), as well as a nice Sauna within walking distance (the zhongtian). Don't know if it has been affected by the recent raids though.

I think they also used to have a sauna "in house" (as well as ktv) but if I remember correctly the manageress was arrested last year or so for prostitution so i'm not sure what is the situation right now (or maybe I'm confusing with the Galaxy hotel just beside it..). Don't think you will have any problems with bringing girls back to the hotel.

Lad78

Johnjohn Bob
09-19-09, 20:37
visited shanghai several times in the past few years but, due to hectic schedules, never considered engaging in mongering activities. well, it's first time for everything.

decided to stay at jc mandarin due to location and did not research isg for options as mongering was not in the original plan. however, when hit with a bout of insomnia and an unexpected burst of energy, decided to give it a try.

in elevator saw some poster about a night club in the basement so started to wander around the lobby trying to find my way (hate asking for directions).

in the corridor to the left of the reception desk there is a good looking young girl at the desk they have in entrance to a restaurant and looking like a hostess so decided that this must be it. i ask if this is the place to get a drink and she just points me into the corridor to her left. old woman comes up and starts talking in english. where i am from, she is from taiwan, this is a nice bar. etc. etc.

i see a sign piano bar but no sign of any piano or even piano music. the old woman is obviously the boss as at her sight a bunch of young girls sitting at the bar stops chitchat and rep001ters in the four corners of a small room. i find myself the only customer.

don't really like this kind of situations as in general i am a shy guy but it is obvious that i found the place. being in the gambling mood i decide to just order a beer and see who will sit beside me..2 min and here she is. older than other girls. lily or lela or something like that.. she is probably closer to 30 but speaks good english and i feel like just talking for now.

there is the obvious pressure to buy lady drinks at 120 a pop (beer is 40) so i get to talk about the price. she quotes 2, 000 rmb and without having the slightest idea on what should be the price (no research done) i say that i would agree for a 1, 000. it creates the usual chinese-style haggling, checking with the boss (the old taiwanese woman) and we end up at 1, 500 but i specifically ask for min 3h, the boss agrees with a sour face and the whole dog & pony show about the price is over.

i do know that i overpaid so please no spiffy comments. since it was not planned, i had no idea what to do with my time, it's 1am, i am at the hotel (convenience has its price) and don't feel like looking into some other place so decided what the heck. i can afford it.

i got surprised by the boss demand to be paid in full and up front. but curious how it turns out, pay the 1, 500 cash while the girl is kind of hiding in the corridor. weird customs.

the boss tells me that the girl will not come with me but will be in my room in 10 minutes. ok, i am taking a risk here but what the heck. i know where to find them. decided to play along. at least there is no "walk of shame" through still surprisingly at 1am crowded lobby

in 10 minutes the girl shows up and immediately starts talking about more money. that spoils my mood and i have the first ping of regret. i know that i paid the top price and i just don't like when they push like this.

she undresses and is indeed very petite. this is my first prc ever so i am just curious.. very tight as it looks like she never had any kids. refuses to do bbbj, complains about the size and does a very average cow girl. but she is tight and i haven't had sex for a while so i finish much earlier than planed. hoping for the second round soon, i start talking but it is immediately obvious that she is now just trying to get out.completely different attitude from before and instead of a nice conversations as it was at the bar, now it is more like a question and a short answer session.

her obvious lack of interest in providing any more services gives me several more pings of regret and i am no longer in the mood to continue. i decide to just cut is short and let her go as i am pissed off at myself for taking her while there were other younger girls around. they may not be able to converse in english but that turns out not be such an asset after all. i really hate this kind of attitude and especially from a highly paid wg

she asks for a tip (aka taxi money) and i just ignore it and she leaves.

so my first prc experience is definitely a big disappointment.

in summary: looks 8 / service 3 / attitude 1

so piano bar at jc mandarin is definitely the right place to find wgs but not sure if the price i paid was normal or much higher than what was possible. i would be curious to find out from any other punters that may try it out.

there were several very nice looking girls in the "piano" bar but looked very young (not being expert in prc they could be 25 but looked to me like 18), but they did not even smile and i had no clue if they speak english at all.. from perspective of time and experience, i should have gone for looks not "brains"!

it will take something special to get me into prc mood again.. after some research on isg it looks like it is quite normal behavior. after the price is paid, it is over from their perspective. oh, well. live and learn, eh?

editor's note: i would suggest that the author or another forum member consider posting a link to this report in the reports of distinction thread. please click here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Pushkin13
09-20-09, 02:40

I got surprised by the Boss demand to be paid in full and up front. But curious how it turns out, pay the 1, 500 cash while the girl is kind of hiding in the corridor. Weird customs.

So my first PRC experience is definitely a BIG disappointment.

In summary: Looks 8 / Service 3 / Attitude 1

An expensive, but ultimately - perhaps, a cheap lesson.

Never pay first.

Just my opinion.

P13

Bad Boy Billy
09-20-09, 17:09
I got surprised by the Boss demand to be paid in full and up front. But curious how it turns out, pay the 1, 500 cash while the girl is kind of hiding in the corridor. Weird customs.

Never pay first.NEVER EVER pay TOTAL amount up front - NEVER.

There are some instances where part payment is required - ie BBS to take girl out etc

But if payment is demanded up front - you can be sure of one thing - you are going to be 'stiffed'.

Same goes anywhere in the world for w.h.o.r.e.s - pay exit fee only up front.

Ice Dragon
09-20-09, 18:30
Stay here often with GF, last week I was suprised to be asked for GF ID card when checking in, new rules they said, I've never been asked before, anywhere in Shanghai.

ID

Shinichi1985
09-21-09, 17:59
Hi guys,

I will come to Shanghai this october. Any informations about the "Days Hotel Tongj"? I hope it is girl friendly.

Happy Monger!

Jake277
11-01-09, 16:18
Guys,

Been to Shanghai more than I can count and getting to ISG is spotty at best and need VPN's at some point's.

The questions is is Graigslist be blocked ?

Jake

Ice Dragon
11-02-09, 15:22
Having been asked for GF i.d. when checking in at several hotels in Pudong, I've changed tactics. I let GF check in, nobody ever bothers me coming and going!

ice

Pcpc1688
11-03-09, 07:05
visited shanghai several times in the past few years but, due to hectic schedules, never considered engaging in mongering activities. well, it's first time for everything.

decided to stay at jc mandarin due to location and did not research isg for options as mongering was not in the original plan. however, when hit with a bout of insomnia and an unexpected burst of energy, decided to give it a try.

in elevator saw some poster about a night club in the basement so started to wander around the lobby trying to find my way (hate asking for directions).

in the corridor to the left of the reception desk there is a good looking young girl at the desk they have in entrance to a restaurant and looking like a hostess so decided that this must be it. i ask if this is the place to get a drink and she just points me into the corridor to her left. old woman comes up and starts talking in english. where i am from, she is from taiwan, this is a nice bar. etc. etc.

i see a sign piano bar but no sign of any piano or even piano music. the old woman is obviously the boss as at her sight a bunch of young girls sitting at the bar stops chitchat and rep001ters in the four corners of a small room. i find myself the only customer.

don't really like this kind of situations as in general i am a shy guy but it is obvious that i found the place. being in the gambling mood i decide to just order a beer and see who will sit beside me..2 min and here she is. older than other girls. lily or lela or something like that.. she is probably closer to 30 but speaks good english and i feel like just talking for now.

there is the obvious pressure to buy lady drinks at 120 a pop (beer is 40) so i get to talk about the price. she quotes 2, 000 rmb and without having the slightest idea on what should be the price (no research done) i say that i would agree for a 1, 000. it creates the usual chinese-style haggling, checking with the boss (the old taiwanese woman) and we end up at 1, 500 but i specifically ask for min 3h, the boss agrees with a sour face and the whole dog & pony show about the price is over.

i do know that i overpaid so please no spiffy comments. since it was not planned, i had no idea what to do with my time, it's 1am, i am at the hotel (convenience has its price) and don't feel like looking into some other place so decided what the heck. i can afford it.

i got surprised by the boss demand to be paid in full and up front. but curious how it turns out, pay the 1, 500 cash while the girl is kind of hiding in the corridor. weird customs.

the boss tells me that the girl will not come with me but will be in my room in 10 minutes. ok, i am taking a risk here but what the heck. i know where to find them. decided to play along. at least there is no "walk of shame" through still surprisingly at 1am crowded lobby

in 10 minutes the girl shows up and immediately starts talking about more money. that spoils my mood and i have the first ping of regret. i know that i paid the top price and i just don't like when they push like this.

she undresses and is indeed very petite. this is my first prc ever so i am just curious.. very tight as it looks like she never had any kids. refuses to do bbbj, complains about the size and does a very average cow girl. but she is tight and i haven't had sex for a while so i finish much earlier than planed. hoping for the second round soon, i start talking but it is immediately obvious that she is now just trying to get out.completely different attitude from before and instead of a nice conversations as it was at the bar, now it is more like a question and a short answer session.

her obvious lack of interest in providing any more services gives me several more pings of regret and i am no longer in the mood to continue. i decide to just cut is short and let her go as i am pissed off at myself for taking her while there were other younger girls around. they may not be able to converse in english but that turns out not be such an asset after all. i really hate this kind of attitude and especially from a highly paid wg

she asks for a tip (aka taxi money) and i just ignore it and she leaves.

so my first prc experience is definitely a big disappointment.

in summary: looks 8 / service 3 / attitude 1

so piano bar at jc mandarin is definitely the right place to find wgs but not sure if the price i paid was normal or much higher than what was possible. i would be curious to find out from any other punters that may try it out.

there were several very nice looking girls in the "piano" bar but looked very young (not being expert in prc they could be 25 but looked to me like 18), but they did not even smile and i had no clue if they speak english at all.. from perspective of time and experience, i should have gone for looks not "brains"!

it will take something special to get me into prc mood again.. after some research on isg it looks like it is quite normal behavior. after the price is paid, it is over from their perspective. oh, well. live and learn, eh?

editor's note: i would suggest that the author or another forum member consider posting a link to this report in the reports of distinction thread. please click here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

sorry to hear that man. i find that you should have better luck at the saunas around. girls are penalized for not providing good service at these places. i had takeout many times and for free so too speak.

pc out

Vodich
11-05-09, 07:26
I'll be traveling to Shanghai in a couple of weeks and will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Jinqiao. Does anyone know if it would be an issue for me to bring a girl back to my room at this hotel. Any recommendations on where to go around here for mongering would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Vodich
11-05-09, 07:30
I will be traveling to Shanghai in a couple of weeks and will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Jinqiao. Does anyone know if it will be a problem for me to bring a girl back to my room at this hotel? Also, any recommendation on places to go for mongering around here would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vodich
11-06-09, 06:12
Sorry about the double posts.

Jake277
11-07-09, 00:40
I will be traveling to Shanghai in a couple of weeks and will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express Shanghai Jinqiao. Does anyone know if it will be a problem for me to bring a girl back to my room at this hotel? Also, any recommendation on places to go for mongering around here would be appreciated.

ThanksIf this Holiday Inn is like any of the rest you shouldn't have a problem. If possible meet or walk in with the girl. I am assuming that they won't have security at the elevators ? Even if they do it's prbably all good.

Good luck and enjoy the walk of shame

Pushkin13
11-12-09, 05:53
Try Park Hotel, about 400 metres from the NanJing Lu pedestrian mall.

Many touts outside. I would suggest asking for a lineup of 4 or 5, and you chose the one you want. 500RMB is the going rate. Don't pay upfront (perhaps 100 to the tout initially, and 400 to the WG, after the deed). If you want to see her again get her digits, for a cheaper f**k later.

Don't follow touts. Don't go to any beer bar, that they suggest. Let him/her bring the girls to you.

Good service from the bar girl in the Park. She is great. She will start at 800 ST, but will fold to 600, and if she likes you 500. She will be in your room within 5 or 10 minutes of sealing the deal.

Maybe 800 LT.

Don't go with touts or women in NJ Lu. If you like the look of them, give them your hotel card and tell them you will see them in the foyer in another 20/30 minutes.

You need a key pass to use the lifts to get to the accommodation floors.

The hotel is GF.

Hope that this helps.

P13

Vodich
11-17-09, 06:42
Thanks for the reply.

If this Holiday Inn is like any of the rest you shouldn't have a problem. If possible meet or walk in with the girl. I am assuming that they won't have security at the elevators ? Even if they do it's prbably all good.

Good luck and enjoy the walk of shame

Actifed
11-17-09, 18:39
Is Swisshotel in Shanghai a good location for mongering?

Acerboy
11-18-09, 05:31
Guys,

Will be in Shanghai with a friend end of this month for 3 nights. Looking at Haiyatt 99 Qinjiang Road(not Hyatt) and Anting Villa Hotel, Anting road. I'm not familiar with both hotel and location. Any input is welcome eg shops close by etc. This is a holiday trip. Or suggestion for another hotel is also good. Looking at rates of RMB400-600/night. Salvo hotel is another option

Acerboy
11-18-09, 05:33
http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W49728&page=2&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2009-11-28

Does any one know what's the name of the mystery hotel on wotif as above or have you tried any of the wotif msytery hotel in SH lately?

Thanks

Lad78
11-18-09, 09:29
Guys,

Sorry have to post this here but there is no specific hotel thread for Shanghai. Will be in Shanghai with a friend end of the month for 3 nights. Looking at Haiyatt 99 Qinjiang Road(not Hyatt) and Anting Villa Hotel, Anting road. I'm not familiar with both hotel and location. Any input is welcome eg shops close by etc. This is a holiday trip. Or suggestion for another hotel is also good. Looking at rates of RMB400-600/night. Salvo hotel is another optionthe Haiyatt Hotel is a very nice hotel but the location is quite poor, a bit in the middle of nowhere. However, taxis are cheap, and the hotel itself has a very nice IN HOUSE sauna with full service.

Anyway, the haiyatt hotel is more a business hotel, if you want to be right in the middle of some action, you better stay more downtown, Puxi side.

There's plenty of reccomendation on this board

Enjoy

Deep Fritz
11-19-09, 09:56
Is Swisshotel in Shanghai a good location for mongering?

Easy answer, very easy to track by yourself: its walking distance (5-10 min) to all the places on Tong Ren Lu (the 'passing away strip'), very clos to Mallones as well as Golden 18 and the places north of Beijing Lu

Beside a nice new hotel.

Deep Fritz

Acerboy
11-20-09, 08:18
the Haiyatt Hotel is a very nice hotel but the location is quite poor, a bit in the middle of nowhere. However, taxis are cheap, and the hotel itself has a very nice IN HOUSE sauna with full service.

Anyway, the haiyatt hotel is more a business hotel, if you want to be right in the middle of some action, you better stay more downtown, Puxi side.

There's plenty of reccomendation on this board

EnjoyLad78,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I've booked a down town hotel near people's sqare

Gunnarharrison
12-20-09, 17:47
First let me say thank you for all the great posts. I promise to reciprocate after my upcoming trip to Shanghai.

I've noticed from your posts that Tongren Lu is closing up and it's proximity to the Ritz Carlton portman was one of the reasons I chose this hotel to stay in for a week.

Should I still stay there, are there still enough great bars like Manhattan that I can walk to?

Or should I switch hotels? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks again for all the great info.

Looking forward to my trip to shanghai in January.

Maddog40
12-21-09, 22:50
First let me say thank you for all the great posts. I promise to reciprocate after my upcoming trip to Shanghai.

I've noticed from your posts that Tongren Lu is closing up and it's proximity to the Ritz Carlton portman was one of the reasons I chose this hotel to stay in for a week.

Should I still stay there, are there still enough great bars like Manhattan that I can walk to?

Or should I switch hotels? If so, any recommendations?

Thanks again for all the great info.

Looking forward to my trip to shanghai in January.

Not sure if you have business in town or just here to play but there are other hotels close to action. Does location make a difference?

I could suggest hotels in Pudong such as the Marriott which is close to a couple of saunas but not as many bars for pick up.

Also depends on type of action you want, your comfort level with the language, travel around the city and more. The Ritz area is English friendly with English style adjoining restaurants. Expensive area but may be other areas with better/different mongering styles available.

It would help to give suggestions if we knew some of these details and your goals while in town.

MD40

Dragon D
12-22-09, 02:00
This is a great place with spacious room, internet, in room safe, etc...

Weekend rates good if you book through Ctrip... something like 580. They had a special a while back that if you paid another 100 you got free internet and breakfast. On yanan road close to jinan.

Very girl friendly.

Gaolei
12-23-09, 03:51
This is a large hotel at the corner of Shanxi and Nanjing roads, often called Citic square. Prices are good, location excellent and the rooms are big. I upgrade to the higher priced room for free internet, breakfast and lounge. The cost is an additional 100 RMB, the price of internet and breakfast.

It is very GF. There is a front desk, but the suites are controlled by an office at the lounge up in the 20th floor region. They never see you come in the hotel, and could not care less.

Stegram
12-29-09, 21:08
I've stayed here a couple of times. Reasonably priced and never had a problem bringing special friends in.

Also. Is very close to Nanjing Road. For shopping, eating and drinking.

My newbie friend hit the spa on the first day there while I was working (without checking with me first!) and ended up paying 3000 RMB for in room FS. Dumbass.

Bradwolftzer
01-04-10, 11:22
One of the BEST places I went to in Shanghai was this place called 999. It is a massage brothel place that has a lineup of the most beautiful asian girls I've ever seen. The building is this black building. When you walk up the doorman opens the door and you go inside. The host takes you to this place where you put all your belongings into a locker and a special key that only you can open it with. I took a shower and then a got in a robe they brought me. Me and my wing get in this dark room where a line of 28 women in bikinis stand smiling looking at us. All I could think was, OMG i'm so boned. I choose number 23. She comes and takes me into a room and proceeds to do all sorts of nasty things things to me. First we shower together. She puts me on this plastic bed and rubs her huge asian tits on me. Then she tells me to lay down and puts soap all over me. She rubs her body all over me. All I can think is omg this beautiful angel is rubbing her soft perfect body all over me. After about 20 minutes of this we head to the bed. I feel completely relaxed and wonderful and soft.

She asks me what uniform she wants me to wear. Can you believe it. Shes gonna roleplay. I choose the schoolgirl uniform and my cock gets super excited. She starts with a light lick on my nipples. Slowly sucking them then flicking it. Runs her lips slowly down my stomach and then gives me the most softest bare back blowjob ever. As she sucks my cock I look at the mirrors which surround me. I get a perfect visual of this girl sucking my cock. It's like watching a porno film. After sucking me for a while I'm incredible hard. She then takes a condom and .... puts it on my toe.

I'm like WTH. She says squats and slides her pussy on it and starts to squeeze my toe. Must be a eastern speciality. I'm not aroused by it, but I can't stop staring. She gets back to sucking my balls and as she is looking at me with those eyes I get so horny I rub ny hands up her arms and chest. I pull off her shirt. She rubs the condom onto my throbbing cock. I grab her and start fucking her hard. She moans really loud. I normally can tell a fake ***** moan, but man this girl could either really do it well cause I got more and more turned on. After doing her from all positions I cum. Then she gives me another handjob. We kiss and just cuddle for a while. We talk a bit and find out a bit about her. Shes a girl from the farm provinces. Ahh... I love shanghai.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php) for more information.

Jamie5063
01-04-10, 18:34
I've stayed here a couple of times. Reasonably priced and never had a problem bringing special friends in.

Also. Is very close to Nanjing Road. For shopping, eating and drinking.

My newbie friend hit the spa on the first day there while I was working (without checking with me first!) and ended up paying 3000 RMB for in room FS. Dumbass.
3000 how many women did he bring back 6 or 10 bulk discount

Radner
01-11-10, 16:57
Hey Guys.

First off I want to thank the ISG and its members for the great info on this board! I am going to SH in a few weeks and I have gone through the forum and as many others have said, its a GREAT resource!

I want to ask for opinions on the best Hotels for In-House services. As I've read the Shanghai Hotel would have been great for this but now the sauna is closed.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to reporting afterwards.

Waldeck2
01-13-10, 01:29
Merrylin. Sauna on 3rd floor. 680 rmb. Performance varies.

Hey Guys.

First off I want to thank the ISG and its members for the great info on this board! I am going to SH in a few weeks and I have gone through the forum and as many others have said, its a GREAT resource!

I want to ask for opinions on the best Hotels for In-House services. As I've read the Shanghai Hotel would have been great for this but now the sauna is closed.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to reporting afterwards.

Laowei137
01-14-10, 02:14

ThanksI think it's safe to say that any and all Hotels in Shanghai, or any other part of China, are girl friendly.

Laowei137
01-14-10, 02:33
Hello, Gents,

My company puts me up in Pudong, so when I am on their dime, that where I stay. I am going to spend a couple of extra days in town this week and wanted to see about staying a little closer to the action, however in light of the current economic conditions price does matter. (I can get a good corporate rate in Pudong). I was hoping for a recommendation of a decent place maybe 3 or 4 stars that would be close to the MAGLEV station for when I need to get back to the airport or maybe something GF near Tungren Lu.

SkyI don't know if your star rating is European of Chinese, but if you want nice cheap "european 3-star equivalent" you can go for a Home-Inn, Green Tree Inn or (to a lesser extend) even Motel 168 around the trainstation. I've stayed in european 3-stars that were considerably less nice (and about 10 times more expensice)

With a member card you can get a room with internet access for around 150 RMB. Totally girlfriendly. All mentioned hotels even offer 8 hour rooms for 100 RMB. Subway 1 and 3 right at your doorstep, 24/7 a taxi at the trainstation (19 RMB to get to TongRen Lu, 15 RMB to Nanjing Lu & People's Square)

Take subway nr. 1 to People's Square and there change to nr. 2 to get to the Maglev. Would take you around 45 minutes to get there. Or just take a taxi: 150 RMB from the center to PuDong Airport. The Maglev is, when memory serves me right 50 RMB. So it's just a 100 RMB more. Or. If money is a concern: take the bus from the Trainstation to PuDong Airport, a whooping 5 RMB and takes about the same time as the Taxi or Subway & Maglev will take you.

On a side note, they are going to extend the nr. 2 subway to go all the way to PuDong Airport.

Gislaved
01-14-10, 18:01
Hi Guys,

My company has booked me into Rayfont Hotel.

Does anyone have any information about this place?

GF friendly?

Many thanks in advance!

Radner
01-15-10, 07:09
Merrylin. Sauna on 3rd floor. 680 rmb. Performance varies.Thanks waldeck, appreciate it!

I found out that Merrylin is in pudong. While that's still cool, i might end up there, I'll mostly be in Puxi for work.

Any suggestions for puxi?

Btw I plan on staying at the hotel.

Waldeck2
01-15-10, 12:15
You can't receive messages. Give the man his 20 bucks!

Thanks waldeck, appreciate it!

I found out that Merrylin is in pudong. While that's still cool, i might end up there, I'll mostly be in Puxi for work.

Any suggestions for puxi?

Btw I plan on staying at the hotel.

Radner
01-16-10, 05:40
You can't receive messages. Give the man his 20 bucks!Alright buddy, done and done.

You're absolutely right! The board is worth sooo much more than the 20 bucks. I'm glad to support this forum!

Not sure how long the sub takes to take effect.

Thanks Waldeck.

Presidio
01-24-10, 07:51
http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W49728&page=2&viewType=all&refId=65662&startDay=2009-11-28

Does any one know what's the name of the mystery hotel on wotif as above or have you tried any of the wotif msytery hotel in SH lately?

ThanksThat's a tough one since there are so many 5* hotels listed on Wotif for Shanghai. You gotta find some unique amenities (e.g. tennis ct, airport shuttle), and eliminate those hotels that don't have what the Wotif mystery hotel has.

Docspidey
01-27-10, 04:33
Hey guys!

Anyone have information on the Astor House Hotel? Is it girl friendly? Any recommended places nearby?

Any help would be appreciated!

DS

Shkeai
02-26-10, 08:55
Hey guys,

Just FYI most of the Chinese chain hotels (Motel 168, Hanting express etc) have short term rooms available at fairly cheap prices. The deal is usually for 3 hours and typically costs about 60 - 100 rmb. So if for some reason your hotel is not gf, or you dont want to bring anyone back to your place these chains are pretty good options.

Ive never had any problems bringing a girl with me. However you do need your passport to register even if your not staying the night.

Sound7
02-26-10, 23:48
Docspidey

You can update us about this location and hotel.

Attached a location map. The place is rated 3 star and the going rate for the Expo is around $60.00 last month.

Hey guys!

Anyone have information on the Astor House Hotel? Is it girl friendly? Any recommended places nearby?

Any help would be appreciated!

DS

Sound7
02-27-10, 04:17
Copy of passport and visa adequate to register?

Hey guys,

Just FYI most of the Chinese chain hotels (Motel 168, Hanting express etc) have short term rooms available at fairly cheap prices. The deal is usually for 3 hours and typically costs about 60 - 100 rmb. So if for some reason your hotel is not gf, or you dont want to bring anyone back to your place these chains are pretty good options.

Ive never had any problems bringing a girl with me. However you do need your passport to register even if your not staying the night.

Shkeai
02-27-10, 07:05
Copy of passport and visa adequate to register?Not sure to be honest. If it is adequate you would however also probably need a copy of the last date of entry stamp. Given that the reception usually just make a photocopy themselves it might be ok.

Waldeck2
02-27-10, 08:01
I have always used my passport, not a copy of my passport.

I do not know if a copy will be adequate. Does anyone else know?

Copy of passport and visa adequate to register?

Mark17
03-01-10, 04:26
I have always used my passport, not a copy of my passport.

I do not know if a copy will be adequate. Does anyone else know?I doubt a copy of a passport is ok to register. Depends on the hotel. They also need to see the stamp from immigration, to show the date you entered China.

A copy of the passport and visa is ok to carry around, in case of a police visa check. Happened to me in SH last month, and my copy was adequate to satisfy the police.

AsianLover
03-10-10, 17:38
My sales agent wants me to stay at the Regal International East Asia Hotel in the Xuhui district. I am not familiar with this part of Shanghai as I usually stay on West Nanjing Road.

Is the Regal in a good area for mongering? Is it WG friendly?

Also, how far a walk would it be to get to Zapatas?

AL

Gaspq Bo
03-14-10, 10:10
The area is not so good.

Zapatas is 7 minutes walking and it is still good fishing pool.

My sales agent wants me to stay at the Regal International East Asia Hotel in the Xuhui district. I am not familiar with this part of Shanghai as I usually stay on West Nanjing Road.

Is the Regal in a good area for mongering? Is it WG friendly?

Also, how far a walk would it be to get to Zapatas?

AL

Proximan
03-15-10, 22:26
Hi everybody. I will stay for Expo from 11th till 15th June in Shanghai. Which hotel can you recommend to me which is

- not to far from Expo

- girlfriendly

- close to night clubs / discos where I can pick up girls

- 4* or 5*

Can you also recommend any night club or disco to me where I can pick up any freelancers?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Lost Dude
05-04-10, 14:30
I was in Shanghai a couple weeks ago for the F1 race. I stayed in the Radisson New World at People's Square. I didn't partake in any activities because I was in town with a bunch of coworkers. However, I did see WG's coming in through the hotel lobby. I never say any of them stopped by the hotel staff. Also, I didn't see any of the signs warning against late night guests that some people have noticed in other hotels. Doesn't mean they weren't there, but I didn't see them.

Stew2
06-15-10, 13:17
This is a great place with spacious room, internet, in room safe, etc...

Weekend rates good if you book through Ctrip... something like 580. They had a special a while back that if you paid another 100 you got free internet and breakfast. On yanan road close to jinan.

Very girl friendly.

Stayed here, and largely agree. But do note that internet is not free, prices are higher during expo (as seemingly they are everywhere). Location is decent - about a 5-8 minute taxi ride to the bars around Tongren/Nanjing xi lu, for example. Directly across the street from Longemont (a good landmark, as it is very tall and has neon stripes at night) as well as the Rayfont.

Not much of interest in the immediate neighborhood, though I did wander the back streets north of the hotel and found some interesting food stalls, restaurants there - and a lot of interest in me as seemingly few foreigners in that area. I tried Maple spa (a legit massage spa about a block west) and received a very good massage there. Also checked out New Lotus Garden Sauna next door, but decided against going in from seemingly hostile attitude of greeter when I tried to ask a question ... maybe not a good sample of what is there, though, based on other reports.

As to girl friendliness of HJAS, the place is set up ideally if your room is in the west wing - the patio door to the bar is open very late, and you can walk right through the bar with your girl to the elevators without ever passing through the lobby. No one raised an eyebrow when I did this two nights in a row. There did seem to be someone at the concierge desk and a sign about registering guests so I'm less certain about the east wing, for which elevator you need to pass through the lobby. So you might ask for a room on the west side if concerned.

Cunning Linguist
06-16-10, 08:55
Perhaps I "misposted" in another thread (East China Shanghai) as I was unceremoniously ignored. Oh well. Life goes on. At least I was not flamed. I shall try in this thread, arguably more apt.

I have read the forums correctly for the past couple of months, the Shanghai expo has led to a crackdown on saunas, including the Shanghai Hotel Sauna. Do you think this will continue well into August? I need to know as I have to make hotel arrangements. I wanted to partake of a nice girl at the sauna before my trip to Beijing and then on south. Any information would be very much appreciated as I am now making arrangements.

Sunshine X
06-18-10, 04:54
Hi and many greetings,

I will go to shanghai soon and maybe will check in at howard johnson plaza in huangpo.

Have found nothing in thread about this hotel.

Maybe there is anyone, who has some experiences about this hotel.

Many thanks.

Yours,

Sunshine

Stew2
06-18-10, 08:25
Perhaps I "misposted" in another thread (East China Shanghai) as I was unceremoniously ignored. Oh well. Life goes on. At least I was not flamed. I shall try in this thread, arguably more apt.

I have read the forums correctly for the past couple of months, the Shanghai expo has led to a crackdown on saunas, including the Shanghai Hotel Sauna. Do you think this will continue well into August? I need to know as I have to make hotel arrangements. I wanted to partake of a nice girl at the sauna before my trip to Beijing and then on south. Any information would be very much appreciated as I am now making arrangements.

CL - I'm not sure how anyone could really know the answer to that. If you read through recent posts, it seems that some of the pressure has been lifted and some saunas are operating somewhat under the radar, but for how long and which ones will it be when you get there? Who can know?

Cunning Linguist
06-19-10, 00:29
CL - I'm not sure how anyone could really know the answer to that. If you read through recent posts, it seems that some of the pressure has been lifted and some saunas are operating somewhat under the radar, but for how long and which ones will it be when you get there? Who can know?
I know you are right. However, I was hoping that somehow, some way, someone just might have an angle on this from up close. I will be hoping that the Shanghai Hotel Sauna will offer full service in August. If not, oh well, there is always the possibility of hankering after the famous Mongolians in Beijing.

It looks like there is a need for Sauna forecasting, i.e., a "weather report" of sauna conditions in China. Only those with their feet on the ground there are able to report back to those who, at the moment, are far, far way from the action. In any case, your response is most appreciated.

BionicMan
06-19-10, 21:34
I was in Shanghai a couple weeks ago for the F1 race. I stayed in the Radisson New World at People's Square. I didn't partake in any activities because I was in town with a bunch of coworkers. However, I did see WG's coming in through the hotel lobby. I never say any of them stopped by the hotel staff. Also, I didn't see any of the signs warning against late night guests that some people have noticed in other hotels. Doesn't mean they weren't there, but I didn't see them.The sign I have seen, pretty much in the same period, was kind of discrete.
Recpetion counter, an A3 tanding board, bilingual, saying that due to law no unregistered guests are allowed in the rooms after 11pm.
Did not see it being enforced or ignore.
Was there.
In cae of inspection, LE would have been happy to see it as a sign of the hotel fullfilling the orders.
Unless clear evidence, or a specific (crime? and so unavoidable) report, I don't think LE will raid the room of a 4-5 star hotel....
Maybe hotel would not have enforced it. Maybe yes.
The hotel was the Courtyard Marriott, Pudong

Valkyrie
06-30-10, 07:48
Dear faithful members

I am wondering what is everyone's impression on Yachts Hotel-Jinqiao Service Apartment. They apparently has pretty nifty promo at RMB 346. Room looks good from photo. But I need opinion from someone local.

As it is around Pudong, I need not ask how far it is to go around the good spots. It is obviously close. But just in case, I will ask exactly how far, as I only have address books. And my map reading skill is just terrible.

My trip is scheduled from 5th to 8th (unconfirmed).

If anyone have better ideas, it is welcomed.

Acejack
07-01-10, 03:51
1. rtff

2. open your dusty wallet and stay 5 star if its your first time in Shanghai, why risk a crappy accomodation in a place you dont know ?

Fast Eddie 48
07-01-10, 03:52
Dear faithful members

I am wondering what is everyone's impression on Yachts Hotel-Jinqiao Service Apartment. They apparently has pretty nifty promo at RMB 346. Room looks good from photo. But I need opinion from someone local.

As it is around Pudong, I need not ask how far it is to go around the good spots. It is obviously close. But just in case, I will ask exactly how far, as I only have address books. And my map reading skill is just terrible.

If anyone have better ideas, it is welcomed.Valkyrie,

Do you have the Adress in Pudong that a very good deal ,it is hard to find anything under 500 rmb now ,you need to know Pudong is a big area and your hotel may be out of nowhere do your home work .

Fast eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48
07-01-10, 03:58
1. rtff

2. open your dusty wallet and stay 5 star if its your first time in Shanghai, why risk a crappy accomodation in a place you dont know ?Ace,

Give the newbie a break he already said he is a terrible reader or maybe he is on a budget ,I agree on your first time in Shanghai you should stay in the Nanjing rd or the bund area .

Fast eddie 48

Hoeman
07-01-10, 05:17
Dear faithful members

If anyone have better ideas, it is welcomed.

I dunno the exact location of Yachts Hotel, but Jinqiao is a far off area in Pudong. You will be quite far to downtown area in Puxi. That being said, there are mongering spots in Pudong (some members have noted this on the forum).

Hoeman

Valkyrie
07-01-10, 06:39
Thanks for the info, Hoeman.

Running out of newbie to snub nowadays does not excuse being rude to someone that did their due diligence. I hope you have one soon to appease your insatiable appetite. Sorry. Your snarky comment is not enough to ruin my holiday mood. I still feel my superiority.

1. rtff

2. open your dusty wallet and stay 5 star if its your first time in Shanghai, why risk a crappy accomodation in a place you dont know ?

Mike666
07-01-10, 07:24
dear faithful members

i am wondering what is everyone's impression on yachts hotel-jinqiao service apartment. they apparently has pretty nifty promo at rmb 346. room looks good from photo. but i need opinion from someone local.

as it is around pudong, i need not ask how far it is to go around the good spots. it is obviously close. but just in case, i will ask exactly how far, as i only have address books. and my map reading skill is just terrible.

my trip is scheduled from 5th to 8th (unconfirmed).

if anyone have better ideas, it is welcomed.

like hoeman, i don't know exactly where the yacht hotel is. but, i can tell you that jinquai is a pretty "westernized" area of pudong. a bunch of restaurants serving western food, supermarket, nice neighborhood, but not much in the way of action. depends on the location, you can walk/ taxi to line 6 or 2 (probably not walking in this humid weather).

if you plan to stay in jinqiao, probably focus on the dongchang area and read up on the reports (ie: sarcosa). there might be rep001tered bbs on side street but don't bet on it. do write up your experience on the sh-hotel thread. pm me if you want to know a bit more. cheers

Dis Dick
07-03-10, 12:06
When I come to China I usually spend my weeks at Kunshan for business, but when I leave I stay at the Ramada near Pudong the day before my flight leaves. There is a beautiful young girl who works at the hotel's gift shop. I want to take her up to my room for a good time. Even just a BJ would be nice. I wouldn't mind paying for it, but I don't know if she's that kind of girl.

So whats the best way to handle the situation when I go next time? I don't know if she's married, I honestly didn't look for a ring, but does that even matter in that culture? And if she's a freebie, whats the best plan for getting her back to my room?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks

Levitian
07-08-10, 08:35
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=945

Levitian

Acejack
07-08-10, 09:59
if you are turning to jackson for advice regards your girl friend who works at the hotel DD .....

YOU MUST HAVE NO GAME

spend 30 seconds on your girlfriend lead DD and once you fail cough up 500rmb at a spa

even you can get lucky there ;)

and in the future try to keep it real

Member #3055
07-12-10, 14:05
Hi,

I will be in Shanghai soon. The company booked me in the Kerry centre at Nanjing Rd. Does anyone know if this is GF?

Stew2
07-13-10, 02:13
Hi,

I will be in Shanghai soon. The company booked me in the Kerry centre at Nanjing Rd. Does anyone know if this is GF?

I don't know if it is, but it sure is convenient - you are right across the street from Judy's, a block from Malone's, and 2 blocks from Manhattan's. Would be a real drag if your hotel wasn't GF!

Forbidden Kid
07-15-10, 14:02
I am currently staying there and there is a sauna/massage place that doesn't work under Holiday Inn. Anyone know if they have anything extra offered?

Thanks.

FK

FernandoAlonso
07-22-10, 03:46
Any recent experiences on GF? Bringing ladies back? I never stayed there before but as I normally have either a regular or a pair of Manhattan beauties wanted to check. Thanks for the help

fa

Member #3055
07-23-10, 03:23
The Kerry Centre (long term apartments) is GF.

So far brought 2 girls in without any questions

Black Berry09
07-27-10, 15:56
Does anyone have idea about radisson hongquan. Do they have a spa and is it GF.

Ggg180
07-29-10, 21:12
Just come back from a potentially dangerous and bad situation, I was in Xintandi having drinks and when I was leaving to take taxi I was approached by a girl who offere to go out drinking with me, careful as I was I said I would not pay for any services and to my surprise she said she didn't want any cash from me. She recommended a "club" and this is where I made the mistake as club means KTV in China, not disco so I followed her to a grotty KTV north of Xintiandi where warning bells rang but I thought I will just have one drink, I ordered two beers and the girl behind my back ordered 8 whiskeys. I told her off for ordering drinks without my permission but they were already in ice so could not return.

I quickly realised this was not good so I said ma dan asking for the bill and was presented with a 3900RMB bill which was service fruit etc. I refused to pay, luckily I was not too drunk and am 6ft tall so I said in my worst mandarin that wo di peng yau shi gung an whic roughly means my friend is police and then pretended to make a call, I threw down a few hundred RMB and they let me go. the girl then pretended to cough up on my behalf. I just walked away, got into a cab and shouted "gan ne lao mo" to her which means go f your mother.

I was pissed off to fall victim to the old scams so warning buddies, remember the word for POLICE and always shout louder than them. Never let them stare you down and talk two inches from their face. This is very out of character for me as I regard myself as a mild mannnered individual but when put in a corner, you must fight !

Mahal
08-03-10, 05:24
I was told by a local that the Japanese stay at the Okura because of the many hookers available in the hotel (and of course because Okura is a Japanese chain).

So I went to the hotel and walked every floor from the top bar to the lobby, checked out the Health Club, which appears legit, even the conference rooms. Did not find anything other than photos of ex-presidents, kings and queens who have stayed there.

Was not particularly impressed by the hotel other than said photos and the nice garden in front. Old rooms, hard beds.

Was I mis-informed or did I completely miss the action?

Thanks

Mahal

Mahal
08-03-10, 05:28
I am currently staying there and there is a sauna/massage place that doesn't work under Holiday Inn. Anyone know if they have anything extra offered?

Thanks.

FK

I am sure it is too late now but you can check this post:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=931211&postcount=1142

Mahal

Levitian
08-03-10, 05:33
I was told by a local that the Japanese stay at the Okura because of the many hookers available in the hotel (and of course because Okura is a Japanese chain).

So I went to the hotel and walked every floor from the top bar to the lobby, checked out the Health Club, which appears legit, even the conference rooms. Did not find anything other than photos of ex-presidents, kings and queens who have stayed there.

Was not particularly impressed by the hotel other than said photos and the nice garden in front. Old rooms, hard beds.

Was I mis-informed or did I completely miss the action?

Thanks

Mahal

The Okura Garden is mainly frequented by Japanese, that's true. I certainly also have seen some nice chicks hanging around there in the coffee shop in the ground floor, but not more like any other 5-star hotel in town. And I guess they are more or less running the same restriction policy during the EXPO like any other hotel.

Levitian

Clean Gene
08-03-10, 07:32
When I come to China I usually spend my weeks at Kunshan for business, but when I leave I stay at the Ramada near Pudong the day before my flight leaves. There is a beautiful young girl who works at the hotel's gift shop. I want to take her up to my room for a good time. Even just a BJ would be nice. I wouldn't mind paying for it, but I don't know if she's that kind of girl.

So whats the best way to handle the situation when I go next time? I don't know if she's married, I honestly didn't look for a ring, but does that even matter in that culture? And if she's a freebie, whats the best plan for getting her back to my room?

Any suggestions are helpful.

Thanks

No messages.

White Snake
08-04-10, 19:05
I am staying at Skyway Pullman in Sept.

Does anybody know what is offered in their spa?

Kimi1
08-15-10, 17:09
Ok ive read the forum; sent PM to some member as well as still have not been able to solve the problem.

Because of the crackdown I do not want to visit the saunas (so no Henting Elite, Sarcosa, Boan Hotel and Shanghai Hotel) see I have RTFF!

For bars Im been able to guess Malones, Manhattans and Judy.

However this questions keeps coming up from new members but which hotels has working women at the bars of their hotels. Yes I know this will be more expensive than the bars and quality will be low but any suggestion would be helpful.

So hotels (3 or 4 star) with bars that offer women. Any suggestions? I plan to stay at the hotel and sample the bar!

BionicMan
08-15-10, 22:49
Ok ive read the forum;

However this questions keeps coming up from new members but which hotels has working women at the bars of their hotels. Yes I know this will be more expensive than the bars and quality will be low but any suggestion would be helpful.

So hotels (3 or 4 star) with bars that offer women. Any suggestions? I plan to stay at the hotel and sample the bar!Ritz Portman, but it is a 5 star hotel.

Seen at the bar quitea f ew times what defientely is a WG (W lady I would rate by the age)

Can't report on price and services, surely no cheap

Big Macii
08-19-10, 22:22
Did anybody know what's in the hotel "The Green Garden" located in the Pudong District is possible?

Willa1
08-22-10, 03:57
Stayed the weekend at the Swissotel Grand Shanghai 2 weeks ago. Great location. 2 blocks from Manhattan & other bars, 1 block from subway. No action in the bar, but had 2 visits from Manhattan. First on (Vietnam) they asked for ID, but did not charge nor was it on the bill. Second one no problem, just up to the room. Not sure why the difference. But very little hassle, 5 star hotel. And great weekend rate with breakfast.

Will

Black Berry09
09-10-10, 15:07
Is it safe to get escort girls in the hotel? any number of service providers?

Money11
10-08-10, 10:43
Anyone had any experiences at the Westin on the Bund? I am coming in a few weeks and staying here. I prefer room service activities so if anyone has any contacts or experiences to share that would be great. where is the closest sauna?

Kangoo1
10-09-10, 15:06
This is new hotel, anyone has infor if this is GF?

Money11
10-10-10, 13:03
Ok ive read the forum; sent PM to some member as well as still have not been able to solve the problem.

Because of the crackdown I do not want to visit the saunas (so no Henting Elite, Sarcosa, Boan Hotel and Shanghai Hotel) see I have RTFF!

For bars Im been able to guess Malones, Manhattans and Judy.

So hotels (3 or 4 star) with bars that offer women. Any suggestions? I plan to stay at the hotel and sample the bar!The Portman does have 3-4 girls working the Jazz Bar, 2 are worthwhile, one is strictly a WG. Cost is about 700-800 RMB, safe and pretty straightforward.

AsianLover
10-10-10, 13:17
I have a choice of staying at either one of these hotels. I have stayed at the Mandarin before and it is convenient to Manhattan, Malones', etc. and is girl friendly. The problem is that the place is rundown.

The Swisshotel looks much better but I am not sure how girl friendly it is and if there's any action at the bar.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated.

AL

DutchMountain
10-10-10, 21:09
Agree that the JC is getting a bit worn out, but I like the fact you can enter the hotel without going through the lobby! That's a plus if the girl you're with really does look a little too much like a WG!

And if you don't score at Malone's or Manhattan there's always the KTV downstairs!

There are some reports from guys who have stayed at the Swissotel in this forum. It seems to be pretty GF.

Dutch

I have a choice of staying at either one of these hotels. I have stayed at the Mandarin before and it is convenient to Manhattan, Malones', etc. and is girl friendly. The problem is that the place is rundown.

The Swisshotel looks much better but I am not sure how girl friendly it is and if there's any action at the bar.

AL

Money11
10-12-10, 16:32
I am staying on the bund and would like to go to Hetin gelite.

How far is it from the Bund?

Is there a quality Sauna closer?

Mark17
10-14-10, 02:26

ALWhy don't you read the report that was posted 5 postings before you wrote this?

DutchMountain
10-14-10, 21:01
So hotels (3 or 4 star) with bars that offer women. Any suggestions? I plan to stay at the hotel and sample the bar!The JC Mandarin has a KTV downstairs. The bar on the first floor (Cuba's) is almost always empty. Typically the girls at the KTV are nice and speak reasonable English - but they'll cost you. The few times I've been there I paid 2000 RMB for three hours in my hotel room, but that also included several Guiness for me at the bar and two drinks for the girl.

Dutch

Jes007
10-20-10, 11:29
I'm travelling to Shanghai and booked Golden Tulip Puxi Ashar Suites as this was central and I could get good rates. Anyone with recent infomation about this hotel? There seems to be mixed opinion as someone wrote that this is GF and the others say the opposite. I think the place changed the name from Cityview to Golden tulip.

During my previous visits I stayed far from city, Hotel Blue Horizon (Gaoke Rd), Best Western Sunshine and Ramada Plaza, and JC Phoenix apartments in Pudong and never had issues with bringing girls in.

Answer apreciated.

Vitrea
10-20-10, 22:49
Gentlemen, Planning my first trip to China. Read the forums quite extensively. Any saunas near this hotel within walking distance? I will have company so it is hard to take long taxi rides...

Thank you

Frisk
10-21-10, 02:21
Can someone make a reccomendation for a Hotel close to the Hongqiao International Airport?

Needs to be GF friendly but does not have to be budget.

Why So Serious
10-21-10, 04:45
I'm travelling to Shanghai and booked Golden Tulip Puxi Ashar Suites as this was central and I could get good rates. Anyone with recent infomation about this hotel?

Answer apreciated.Stayed there 2 months ago. It's GF. Recept didn't say a word when I brought one in at 1am. It might be the Expo but there's a lot of people milling around its small lobby at all hours of the day so no problem bringing someone in. There was a problem with service though. They ran out of towels on the first night I stayed there and I had to dry off with the bathrobe.

Jes007
10-21-10, 09:03
Stayed there 2 months ago. It's GF. Recept didn't say a word when I brought one in at 1am. It might be the Expo but there's a lot of people milling around its small lobby at all hours of the day so no problem bringing someone in. There was a problem with service though. They ran out of towels on the first night I stayed there and I had to dry off with the bathrobe.

Thanks. I will provide my feedback next week!

Money11
10-27-10, 20:12
I am staying in The Bund and am looking for the closest walkable saunas or 10 minute cab rides. If anyone can share any informationt hat would be great...PMJ me is you have any details on affdordable gilrs who will come to your room and give a good massage.

Thanks

Yamaha1
12-04-10, 10:41
Thanks. I will provide my feedback next week!How was the Golden Tulip, I see its got some of the best rates in the area around it.

Kinky Ginge
12-08-10, 11:58
I'm travelling to Shanghai and booked Golden Tulip Puxi Ashar Suites as this was central and I could get good rates. Anyone with recent infomation about this hotel? There seems to be mixed opinion as someone wrote that this is GF and the others say the opposite. I think the place changed the name from Cityview to Golden tulip.

During my previous visits I stayed far from city, Hotel Blue Horizon (Gaoke Road) , Best Western Sunshine and Ramada Plaza, and JC Phoenix apartments in Pudong and never had issues with bringing girls in.

Answer apreciated. I've stayed at the Golden Tulip twice this year, can't really compare it with other hotels in the area (it's the only one I've stayed at) , but on a western / European level it's 3 to 4. I had a business room or suit, nice decor, clean, modern styling. From memory it was just under 1000 Yuan, but that was during Expo so rates might have come down now. The breakfast as with many China hotels is rubbish, don't wast your money, Mcdonalds and Starbucks are 20 yards away. Location is handy for everything.

On the plus side, the lifts don't need a key card to be used, so if you invite a friend over she doesn't have to be met in reception. Judies Bar is only a 5 minute walk away, where very obliging local and foreign girls can be found for a price, I met a very well proportioned Nigerian girl who did all that she promised and more for a very reasonable price.

All in all, I'd stay there again rather than gamble looking for somewhere else.

Kinky Ginge
12-08-10, 11:59
How was the Golden Tulip, I see its got some of the best rates in the area around it.

ChinaTenPoints
12-14-10, 23:34
Hi,

When going to Shanghai I used to frequent the bars at Tongren Lu. As this has recently been closed down, does anyone know a good alternative in the area? I will be staying at the Portman.

Cheers

Lost In Shanghai
12-15-10, 02:02
This is new hotel, anyone has infor if this is GF?This hotel is in Xujiahui. I've been a visitor to the hotel in and out a lot working with hotel guests. I can't say it is not GF, but it is not especially visitor friendly. I would be greeted (and scrutinized) by no less than 4 staff between the driveway and the elevator. And the elevator requires card access.

Also, it is not especially convenient to the venues listed in this forum, except Hailang, which is a little over a mile walk.

Gaolei
12-16-10, 03:03
Hi,

When going to Shanghai I used to frequent the bars at Tongren Lu. As this has recently been closed down, does anyone know a good alternative in the area? I will be staying at the Portman.

CheersGo out to Nanjing road, take a left and walk to Shaanxi Lu, take a left and walk a block. At the next street take a left and walk until you see Big Bamboo, Manhattan and a brt across from BB, I forget the name. You are on the road behind the Portman. Continue up the street to Tongren and take a left. Look for Malones on the right side.

Continue to Nanging road and take a left, soon you will see the Portman again. Easy Huh?

Iahewr
12-16-10, 04:46
I am staying on the bund and would like to go to Hetin gelite.

How far is it from the Bund?

Is there a quality Sauna closer?Take the Number 55 bus (Wu Jiao Chang-bound) and get off at Si Ping Road and the Lian Road. It's about a 15 minute ride usually. It could take longer sometimes.

ChinaTenPoints
12-19-10, 22:03
Easy Huh?Thanks Gaolei.

I'll check it out in a few weeks. Maybe followed by a report?

XYlooking
01-13-11, 02:45
Can anyone provide any feedback regarding activity in the vicinity of the Renaissance Yangtze Shanghai Hotel?

Thanks,

XY

Mark17
01-17-11, 15:34
Go out to Nanjing road, take a left and walk to Shaanxi Lu, take a left and walk a block. At the next street take a left and walk until you see Big Bamboo, Manhattan and a brt across from BB, I forget the name. You are on the road behind the Portman. Continue up the street to Tongren and take a left. Look for Malones on the right side.

Continue to Nanging road and take a left, soon you will see the Portman again. Easy Huh? You forgot to mention Judy's. As you walk up from Malones to Nanjing Lu, cross the street and you see Judy's on the corner.

Pcpc1688
01-17-11, 18:52
You forgot to mention Judy's. As you walk up from Malones to Nanjing Lu, cross the street and you see Judy's on the corner.Big Bamboo is on Nanyang Road. Its a small street but that is it.

PC out

CroningFool
01-31-11, 09:42
Address: Yan An Zhong Lu, jin Rui Jin Yi Lu (Middle Yan An Road, near to Rui Jin Yi Road)

Cost: 400 RMB per night, booked it through Ctrip.

I stayed at this hotel last week, having booked the room through Ctrip (Awesome website BTW for fellow mongerers in Shanghai). Anyway, I took a takeout from Manhattan at about 3:30 in the morning and had no problems whatsoever. I am not sure if it was due to it being the early hours of the morning, but there was not a concierge in sight when I walked into the lobby. In the day time, the lobby is usually staffed with 2 concierge (s?). All I saw was a sleepy receptionist behind the reception desk.

The lift require no special key card to operate, so one can order a lady up to the room I suppose.

I thought that for 400 RMB (+200 RMB deposit) , the room I got was decent too. Only potential problem is that there are reminders everywhere that "Guests are not allowed in rooms after 11 pm". That said, I encountered no problems so I would say this is a girl friendly hotel.

NombreScreeno
02-18-11, 18:05
Stayed there last year, the rooms are big, lots of spacious room in the suite. Stayed there with a friend, had no problem each bringing a girl back at 3AM

NonLinear
02-24-11, 17:06
Searched and saw that several recommended massage parlors near the Eaton Hotel in Pudong?

Any body stayed at Eaton Hotel? Recommend it?

NL

Thekraz
02-25-11, 09:46
Searched and saw that several recommended massage parlors near the Eaton Hotel in Pudong?

Any body stayed at Eaton Hotel? Recommend it?

NLWe use the Eton Hotel for most of company travelers as it is close to the financial district in LuJiazui. Nice upmarket hotel, slightly pricey, GF friendly, plenty of massage places and bars, easy access to cabs and Metro line.

However it is in Pu Dong financial area, not quite the same as on the Puxi side for fun places but still good hotel.

NonLinear
02-26-11, 01:01
We use the Eton Hotel for most of company travelers as it is close to the financial district in LuJiazui. Nice upmarket hotel, slightly pricey, GF friendly, plenty of massage places and bars, easy access to cabs and Metro line.

However it is in Pu Dong financial area, not quite the same as on the Puxi side for fun places but still good hotel. Thanks. I'm thinking of staying in the Eton Hotel for my first day in China for my next trip. It is close to the Maglev and seems to be nice. I fly into Shanghai and then take the train to Hangzhou the next day. In the past, I've taken the bus to Hangzhou when I arrive, which is tiring and not so pleasant. Getting in much earlier to a nice hotel in Shanghai and then relaxing and perhaps going to a MP sounds good. I can take the fast train to Hangzhou the next day.

I don't know Shanghai as well as Hangzhou. From what I can tell, you are exactly right that the Puxi side is a lot more fun.

Tybao
03-05-11, 22:45
This hotel is in Xujiahui. I've been a visitor to the hotel in and out a lot working with hotel guests. I can't say it is not GF, but it is not especially visitor friendly. I would be greeted (and scrutinized) by no less than 4 staff between the driveway and the elevator. And the elevator requires card access.

Also, it is not especially convenient to the venues listed in this forum, except Hailang, which is a little over a mile walk. I stayed there last year, they made my 'GF' register at the front desk. I told them she wasn't staying the night and they said visitors have to register. She didn't mind but some girls might.

DutchMountain
03-10-11, 09:18
Here's a first for me.

Last week I was staying in Shanghai, at one of the 5 start hotels on Nanjing Lu. I'd come back to the hotel around midnight. Since I had meetings the next morning I'd just gone for a drink at Manhattan but came back alone.

The lobby was reasonably quiet with just a few members of staff hanging around and a couple of guests checking in, coming home for the night etc. There was a Chinese girl sitting in the lobby. Dressed in a winter coat, seemingly minding her own business.

I crossed the lobby and went to the elevator. To my surprise she got in as well but didn't press any floor button. Coincidence I thought. Must be staying on the same floor. But as soon as the elevator doors opened and we got out she asked "Want massage, we go to your room together?"

Since I really had an early morning meeting, and partially because I was surprised to get this question I said 'sorry, no thanks' and she dissappeared ' OK, bye' and back into the elevator.

This is the first time since coming to China (over 6 years) that someone's actually approached me in the hotel itself! And although the hotel is GF it is a typical 5 star hotel.

I don't know if anyone else had a similar experience recently?

Dutch

Member #4144
03-10-11, 11:47
Here's a first for me.

Last week I was staying in Shanghai, at one of the 5 start hotels on Nanjing Lu. I'd come back to the hotel around midnight. Since I had meetings the next morning I'd just gone for a drink at Manhattan but came back alone.

The lobby was reasonably quiet with just a few members of staff hanging around and a couple of guests checking in, coming home for the night etc. There was a Chinese girl sitting in the lobby. Dressed in a winter coat, seemingly minding her own business.

I crossed the lobby and went to the elevator. To my surprise she got in as well but didn't press any floor button. Coincidence I thought. Must be staying on the same floor. But as soon as the elevator doors opened and we got out she asked "Want massage, we go to your room together?"

Since I really had an early morning meeting, and partially because I was surprised to get this question I said 'sorry, no thanks' and she dissappeared ' OK, bye' and back into the elevator.

This is the first time since coming to China (over 6 years) that someone's actually approached me in the hotel itself! And although the hotel is GF it is a typical 5 star hotel.

DutchI take it that the girl was not so hot so you could easily say NO?

Fillmore

Pointpanic
03-10-11, 13:11
At five star US hotel near Jingan station where professional dressed girl hung around hotel room phones in lobby around the corner from elevators. Perhaps after a previous session. Obvious as while she was there as she would duck around the corner or pretend to call rooms if staff approached so I just invited her up for 4 red mao. Delightful service as she was pleased with her self for the opportunity to earn a few more maos. Couple of years ago though.

Point.

Here's a first for me.

Dutch

Going Low
03-15-11, 09:18
Anybody been to this hotel, is it girl friendly?

I'm staying there during a construction fair next week, so I would appreciate some advise from you guys.

It's reasonable priced hotel on Taixing road with breakfast and free internet.

LaowaiForChina
04-19-11, 15:20
Read some reports about the Eton Hotel in Pudong. Indeed a nice place as such. Just make sure you avoid the inhouse massage. They do offer some extras like HE, but it's way too expensive, and the girl mainy focuses on upselling you into more time or different types of massage. Not worth it. As mentioned before, rather check out the strip of bars in the street at the back of the hotel. Lots of girls waving at you. Didn't try it out, maybe next time.

NonLinear
05-21-11, 22:49
Read some reports about the Eton Hotel in Pudong. Indeed a nice place as such. Just make sure you avoid the inhouse massage. They do offer some extras like HE, but it's way too expensive, and the girl mainy focuses on upselling you into more time or different types of massage. Not worth it. As mentioned before, rather check out the strip of bars in the street at the back of the hotel. Lots of girls waving at you. Didn't try it out, maybe next time.I agree with the above.

I was too jet-lagged to try the MP parlors one street north of the hotel, but there were several that looked promising.

The Eton Hotel is very nice, even if you don't try out the numerous nearby MPs, not to mention the "Happy Beaver" bar on the same street.

Oakley08
05-22-11, 09:02
Anybody been to this hotel, is it girl friendly?

I'm staying there during a construction fair next week, so I would appreciate some advise from you guys.

It's reasonable priced hotel on Taixing road with breakfast and free internet. Any luck staying here? I am looking to stay there next month.

Oakley08
05-22-11, 09:06
Can someone make a reccomendation for a Hotel close to the Hongqiao International Airport?

Needs to be GF friendly but does not have to be budget. Obviously too late to help you but might help others. Galaxy Hotel is very close to Hongqiao Intl and is very GF. Stayed there many times and no problems at all. They also have a KTV on 26th? Floor if you want to stay in. Usually some lookers in there. Last time it ran me about 1, 200.

Laowei137
06-13-11, 02:03
... they made my 'GF' register at the front desk... She didn't mind but some girls might.Most WG's have a fake ID, so don't mind to register at all. Ever seen those telephone numbers spray-painted on the walls around town? If you want a fake ID (fake stamp, fake documents, fake anything) you can call those numbers.

ShangHangin
06-15-11, 07:57
I agree with the above.

I was too jet-lagged to try the MP parlors one street north of the hotel, but there were several that looked promising.

The Eton Hotel is very nice, even if you don't try out the numerous nearby MPs, not to mention the "Happy Beaver" bar on the same street.While I can not comment on the Eaton, behind the hotel is Changyi Lu as mentioned. Many MPs and girlie bars. If you are not careful, the girls will drain your wallet at the "Happy Beaver". The Sports Bar has a regular group of Phlips who are good fun to chat with, but in most cases not going home with you. Same at the Old Tavern. But in all cases, be warned of the girlie bars, they are hard on your wallet.

The MPs are not bad, have done "take away" from them for FS.

Oakley08
08-09-11, 05:49
I have seen a few requests on here in the past asking about a good option for an affordable hotel in Jing'An with good proximity to Manhattans, etc. I recently stayed at Rui Tai Hotel Jing'An and was very pleased. The location could not be better. Its literally right across the street from Nanjing Xi Lu Metro station and has the following western establishments within 1 minute walk from the hotel: DQ, Carls Jr, Papa Johns, McDonalds and Starbucks for anyone that likes a taste of home once in awhile. Lots of other shopping all around the area as well. And most importantly, Manhattans is a 8 to 10 minute walk or just a few minute taxi ride from the hotel.

I think I paid about $65 / night and that included free internet and free breakfast buffet as well. Its not the four seasons or anything but its a very clean and comfortable hotel with staff that speaks passable english. The breakfast buffet was nothing to write home about but they had a mix of western and asian with all the staples such as bacon, sausage, egg station, etc.

I think its my new favorite hotel for convenience and price.

Oh, and its very GF. Tested it many times and no problems at all.

AsianLover
08-10-11, 13:35
I am thinking of staying there instead of the Mandarin, which is girl friendly. Does anyone know how the Swissotel is girl friendly?

AL

Hungry Expat
08-11-11, 19:20
I am thinking of staying there instead of the Mandarin, which is girl friendly. Does anyone know how the Swissotel is girl friendly?

ALI stayed last year at the Swissotel Grand Shanghai.

In the night it was no problem to bring back the girl.

You can walk to Manhattan and other bars.

But the way back you should take a taxi.

SamCan
09-12-11, 02:31
Posted this under Shanghai, realized it probably belongs here. I usually stay at the Shanghai Hilton. I have never had a problem signing a girl into my room. I would like to stay at the Hongqiao Hilton for various reasons. Is it girl friendly? Do you just sign them in? I leave in 4 days and need to know so please help this long time lurker.