PDA

View Full Version : China Daily Life

Ace Gallant
04-20-08, 13:53
This thread is created for members to post their good/bad experience while in China. Members posting reports here may not necessary be living in China. He / She may just like to report on some of the his/her experience when dealing with people from China. I had very often heard members relating to some incidents and used the term: "TIC" = This Is China! This thread would serve very for members to post such incidents. Other member may feel free to comment further.

Stories or incidents posted may or may not be related to the topic "Men looking for women for the purpose of sex" but basic rules of my forum applies; no flaming or posts encouraging fights among members.

Enjoy!
AG

Ace Gallant
06-16-08, 03:56
Since the person who initially requested this thread felt that it is unsafe to post here which he thinks that there is a danger of reveal his identity; I am posting this on his behalf and relating the story as told by him from his friend. Let give his friend a name of Mr. ABC.

Mr. ABC is a Managing Director of a US base company and wants to starts a business in China Shanghai. 18 months ago he came to Shanghai and had engaged a local Chinese guy to help him up in doing Sales and Marketing Research. His objective for this guy is simple (let’s give him a name: Tommy Yu); look for Sales opportunity for his company and hopefully signs a deal directly with his company (in USA) so that he has a business case to justify to register an office in Shanghai.

The first 3 months was a ‘training’ period where time and money was spent on training this Sales Research Manager, so claimed to be very experience in the local market. During this period Tommy had ‘gathered’ a bunch of ‘potentials’ in which he will arranged to do his Sales call. Although the first 3 months there was no Sales, Mr. ABC had extended his contract as he had promised sales within the next 2 months. During the next few months, Tommy had arranged for Mr. ABC to meet up with all these so called potentials and had spent a lot o money entertaining these people, which includes dinners, KTVs, gifts, etc. There was even a Sales call which Tommy had deem to be very important and a 100% chance to close the Sales. However that required Mr. ABC, himself and an Engineer to fly to Cheng Du for a 3 days trip in order to do the final presentation. Another client was also given Mr. ABC a very promising deal in which Tommy had endorsed that the deal is worth Millions and will be closed in next 3 months. As such a Prototype was given to the client (let give it a name: XYZ) for free testing.

However little did Mr. ABC knows that all these clients has totally no intentions to purchase anything or sign any deals with Mr. ABC. They are basically some made believe worked out between Tommy and these so called clients so that it enable him to stay employed and so that he can continuously “entertain” these claim using the Mr. ABC funding. During his office hours while Mr. ABC is back in USA, he would come into the Service Office to surf the net, engage in stock market transactions, and kill his time. It’s a great job for him as he is able to spent company’s funds, to do what he wants, entertain his friends, travel and yet get paid for doing so.
A year passed and it comes to contract renewal, Mr. ABC confronted Tommy on not fulfilling his quota and wanted to fire him. However, Tommy in turn pleads and begs Mr. ABC saying that his dad back home is in hospital and due to the fact that his one year of work he was not on commission scheme, he has no ‘drive’ to close any Sales. Mr. ABC on hearing this, given Tommy sympathy extended his contract for another 6 months and put him on commission scheme without any salary deduction.

Yet another 6 months had passed and Tommy had yet to close any Sales thus Mr. ABC have no choice but to terminate his contract. To his surprise, Tommy turns around to threaten Mr. ABC saying that since the company fires him, he has to rights to compensation of two months since he had been an employee for 18 months. Should the company refuse this, he will report the company to the Ministry for illegally operating in China without a license.
Mr. ABC was largely disappointed by this as he had felt that his kindness toward Tommy was betrayed and he had been cheated by not only Tommy but also all these “Potential Clients” (All are reputable companies in China). He returns to USA and resign from his seat as the Managing Director.

From this incident, he had learnt that; When in a foreign land; one should never trust anyone especially when comes to business expenditures.
Sympathy must be given only when one has verified the truth. I guess these rules apply to anyone in any countries but it has to be taken into consideration more seriously in Asia and especially China.
While chatting with a couple of friends working in legal firms; they had told me the following: The new labor law in China is overly protecting the employees, as such that if you employ the local Chinese staff, you have to have a very valid reason to fire them. The compensation law is such that a person can join a company, get all the training, does not do any work, and when he get fired, he has the rights to demand for compensation. This is already causing a huge problem for the huge manpower turnover rate in China and also it is encouraging many people to be lazy.

Now what has all of these got to do with ISG? Yes…especially the part of Sympathy. Remember, the girls will tell you any cock and bull stories about their family been poor, or they had been forced into prostitutions, etc. etc. These are part and puzzle of the sex trade. What they want to make the money and get out of this trade. If you believe them, most of the time, you’ll be in for a ride. Do not believe them and you are indirectly NOT supporting the sex trade. The decision is yours.

TIC!
AG

Ace Gallant
06-16-08, 05:32
Yet another story from another member who frequent Chang Ping. I had introduced this member to a KTV manager of Peninsula Hotel in CP sometime back. The Manager name is Zhang Xiao Zhou. He used to be working in Miraton Hotel as the Porter Manager and had since moved to Peninsula Hotel as the Assistant Manager Front desk manager. Sometime back in Dec last year, he was then transferred to the Entertainment Department as one of the Managers there. He had helped a number of members on ISG to make bookings of both Hotel rooms and KTVs rooms, transportation etc. However, after hearing this story from this member, I felt that it is important to post this here to warn members of his scam.

This member, (let’s give him a name Mr. XYZ.) live in Suzhou and frequent Dongguan (both for work and pleasure). After I had introduced him to Mr. Zhang, had been making all booking through him since last year. He had also introduced a lot of other customers to Mr. Zhang and most likely Mr. Zhang had gotten lots of commission from Mr. XYZ.

Sometime early this year, Mr. XYZ received a call from Mr. Zhang who said that he is in Hangzhou and wants to go over to pay Mr. XYZ a visit in Suzhou. Appointment was made for the weekends for Mr. Zhang to meet Mr. XYZ for lunch and Mr. XYZ was nice enough to arrange for a hotel room for Mr. Zhang on Saturday of that weekend.

On Saturday morning Mr. XYZ received a call from Mr. Zhang, saying that he is locked up Police station due to the fact that he had a prostitute in his room when the Police raided his hotel. Now he is in Jail and need help to get out. He wants Mr. XYZ to transfer 5000RMB to his account so that he can pay off the Police inspector otherwise he might need to stay in jail for two weeks.

Further to that he told Mr. XYZ that he should keep this a secret otherwise he might get into trouble with his employer for such crime.
Fortunately Mr. XYZ, been a foreigner does not have any ideal on how to transfer any money in China and called his friend for help. His friend, (Mr. ABC, living in Shanghai) who knows some Police Officials, had called Hangzhou Police department to investigate on whether they have a Mr. Zhang Xiao Zhou in jail for the crime of engaging prostitutes. The check turns up negative and thus Mr. ABC, advised Mr. XYZ that it is most likely to be a scam. Mr. XYZ received another call later in the afternoon from Mr. Zhang about the money transfer and Mr. XYZ questions him about his name not showing up in the detention list. Mr. Zhang suddenly that he does not know which Police station he is in. Mr. XYZ then told him to fuck off. However, Mr. Zhang still does not stop calling him every 5 to 10 mins for the next hour trying to several other stories in which Mr. XYZ ignored.

On one trip later visit to CP, Mr. XYZ discovered from Mr. Zhang’s co-worker that he had owe the banks and loan sharks a lot of money and he is on the run.

Having heard this story, I heard from other sources that scam like this are common in all third world countries especially in Asia. So… believe or not to believe… it’s up to you.

TIC!
AG

Ace Gallant
06-17-08, 08:58
With the recent Earthquake in Sichuan, there had been a lot of donation drive to raise funds for the Earthquake victims. Mr. John, a foreigner had related me a true story in which he encountered three weeks ago while walking on Huaihai Lu, City center of Shanghai. He was approached by a man who was holding up a box with a hand drawn Red Cross and holding a laminated document written in Chinese. Mr. John could not make up on what is written as he is only able to understand simple spoken Mandarin. The man explained to him in mandarin that he is collecting funds on behalf of his company for the Earthquake victim funds. Below is the conversation as related by John.

John: What is this for?
Man: We are collecting the funds to help out victims of the earthquake to rebuild their homes.
John: What organization are you from?
Man: Oh don't worry, my company is registered with the government to raise funds.
John: OK... show me your company license from the Government.
Man: Here it is! (He show him the laminated which looks like a normal document printed from any normal computer printer. The document was in Chinese and does not bear any sign of government endorsement. John could not read Chinese and have no ideal what is the document for.)
John: No No.. I want your company registration from the government for the fund raising.
Man: Oh! That is in the my company, we do not bring that out.
John: Ok.. give me your company name. I call the Police to check with them. If they say ok, I will donate.
Man: Ok.... never mind. (At this point he walks away quickly).

John cannot understand why will anyone try to take this as an opportunity to cheat.

TIC!
AG

Dan Hawaii
07-02-08, 18:20
Around 7 years ago me and 2 other friends went to CP, it was the dark time where mongering and quality of girls was at its darkest hour in CP, when all the busts and raids occured. Anyways, my friends and I came from Vietnam and I was the one who told them about CP. There was this vietnamese WG girl my friend had, she spoke Vietnamese fluently to my friend who was born in Vietnam and speaks Vietnamese better than English. She said she was 'abducted' and held against her own will. Like she was tricked to coming to China (from Vietnam) and was forced into the trade. I told my friend, bullshit, but he seemed to believe her and gave her 200usd. I'm pretty sure it was a scam and asked why he gave her so much money, because my friend is NOT the stupid gullable type..., he told me he has a daughter and wanted good karma for her. WOW, that Vietnamese WG girl should have won an oscar.

I even asked my HK friend that goes to CP every weekend about it and he was skeptical.

AG, believable or not?? What's your take on this?

Ace Gallant
07-03-08, 06:07
Around 7 years ago me and 2 other friends went to CP, it was the dark time where mongering and quality of girls was at its darkest hour in CP, when all the busts and raids occured. Anyways, my friends and I came from Vietnam and I was the one who told them about CP. There was this vietnamese WG girl my friend had, she spoke Vietnamese fluently to my friend who was born in Vietnam and speaks Vietnamese better than English. She said she was 'abducted' and held against her own will. Like she was tricked to coming to China (from Vietnam) and was forced into the trade. I told my friend, bullshit, but he seemed to believe her and gave her 200usd. I'm pretty sure it was a scam and asked why he gave her so much money, because my friend is NOT the stupid gullable type..., he told me he has a daughter and wanted good karma for her. WOW, that Vietnamese WG girl should have won an oscar.

I even asked my HK friend that goes to CP every weekend about it and he was skeptical.

AG, believable or not?? What's your take on this?

Sounds like a typical story that I had heard many times before. But the fact that she is Vietnamese .....Hmm... who knows? There aren't many of them around you know... In my opinion since your friend felt rich and do not mind the 200 bucks... just give and forget about her. Don't even think about Kama!

TIC!
AG

Mock A Bee
07-09-08, 03:43
This is from an official notice that is being circulated by the Chinese Govt:

To safeguard the security of air flights during the Beijing Olympics period, enhanced security check will be conducted in the following airports effective from 20 July, 2008:

Beijing Capital International Airport, Shanghai Hongqiao Airport, Shanghai Pudong Airport, Qingdao Airport, Tianjin Airport, Shenyang Airport, Qinhuangdao Airport, Shijiazhuang Airport, Taiyuan Airport, Ji’nan Airport, Hangzhou Airport, Nanjing Airport, Hefei Airport, Changchun Airport, Harbin Airport, Hohhot Airport, Dalian Airport as well as airports in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and in Tibet Autonomous Region.

People entering into the above airports will be subject to security check at the entrance of the terminals.

Passengers are advised to get to airport earlier than usual to avoid missing the flight.

MAB

Mock A Bee
07-16-08, 02:46
This is the list of forbidden items and actions while in a Chinese Olympic Venue:

Restricted articles:
1. hard-packed drink and food
2. fragile articles
3. musical instruments
4. carry-on bags, suitcases and handbags which are too big to carry to the seats
5. flags of countries and regions not participating either in the Beijing Olympic Games or Paralympic Games and other flags over two meters in length or over one meter in width
6. flag poles of over one meter in length
7. banners, leaflets, or posters
8. unauthorized professional videotaping equipments
9. knives, bats, long-handle umbrellas, long poles, sharp-ended stands for cameras and video cameras, and other objects that may cause harm and injury to people
10. animals (with the exception of guide dogs)
11. vehicles (except for strollers and wheelchairs)
12. unauthorized walky-talkies, loudspeakers, radios, laser devices or wireless devices that interfere with the electronic signals of the Olympic Games.

The following is inappropriate behavior:
1. smoking at a non-smoking area; crossing over the guardrail
2. using umbrellas or standing up for a long period of time in the seating area, thus obstructing the field of vision of other spectators
3. flash photography

Other Banned Items just to cover the bases:
1. weapons and equipment including guns, ammunition, crossbows, and daggers
2. fireworks, firecrackers and other flammable materials
3. corrosive chemicals and radioactive materials

Bnlee2
07-16-08, 04:38
this is the list of forbidden items and actions while in a chinese olympic venue:

restricted articles:

4. carry-on bags, .....

9. knives, bats, long-handle umbrellas, long poles, sharp-ended stands for cameras and video cameras, and other objects that may cause harm and injury to people

the following is inappropriate behavior:

2. using umbrellas or standing up for a long period of time in the seating area, thus obstructing the field of vision of other spectators

other banned items just to cover the bases:

1. weapons and equipment including guns, ammunition, crossbows, and daggers
2. fireworks, firecrackers and other flammable materials

3. corrosive chemicals and radioactive materialssome comments, additions and concerns.

#4. i guess i can't bring my wife to the games. i'll just tell her that the chinese govt. is to blame. no loss. i'll just pickup a mongolian that is still hanging around bj. i actually like that. seeing the olympic with a nice mongolian on my side without the useless chatter that i normally hear when i am at home. i usually nod and say. "sorry, honey. i have to go. very busy day. i will be home late. do not wait for me. "

#6. i cannot tell a lie. my flagpole is much less than one meter in length. but more than 7" in length. so i guess that i'm within their limits. never hanged a flag on it but there is always a first time to everything.

#9. i guess its okay to take my samurai sword with me. i usually have it hanging off my left side. i just use it occassionally when i'm getting off the train and going out to the taxi stand. its a great tool for crowd control. love seeing these taxi and private limo driver run like hell.

#10. i know this is not politically correct. but how can a blind person see people performng in the stadium. oh. sorry. maybe the dog like watching humans jumping through hoops. sorry. forgot about the animals concern.

#11. damn. i normally drives my hummer up the stair right to my stadium seats. btw, the hummer is also another great crowd control tool and gets you to your seat very efficiently. i'm sorry that they will not allow me to use my hummer, especially when gas in now cheaper in china than the us of a.

comment on inappropriate behavior.

#1. no smoking? but everyone does it. its the national pasttime. i guess i better practice my speech. "me no speaky chino. say habla espanol". its okay, they think that us abc are a bit wacko. i think i can get away with this.

#2. no standing is okay with me. the last thing i want is for a guy to stand up for a long time looking at an event and then blowing gas in the wind toward my face, especially when i'm smoking. damn, then there may be a mega explosion in the stadium. ten thousand pla will descend and shoot up the place. not a pleasant scene.

comment on other banned items.

#1. damn no weapons. but i'm so use to it in america. the land of the freed. imagine going out at night without my trusty. 357. every walk around nyc without some 'heat'. you will never make it back to the hotel. you will be a statistic and story in the next daily news. dirty harry (clint eastwood) carry one around and he was the mayor of carmel. its the american way.

#2. okay. i can agree, but carrying m80's in your pocket is just good to have to clear the path when walking down a crowded walkway.

okay guys. this is just my pov. i just had a few drinks at one my fav ktv in shenzhen and its was a ***** to log on. after i got on i just want to comment her. ahh. tic

Ace Gallant
07-16-08, 09:46
This is the list of forbidden items and actions while in a Chinese Olympic Venue:

Restricted articles:
1. hard-packed drink and food
2. fragile articles
3. musical instruments
4. carry-on bags, suitcases and handbags which are too big to carry to the seats
5. flags of countries and regions not participating either in the Beijing Olympic Games or Paralympic Games and other flags over two meters in length or over one meter in width
7. banners, leaflets, or posters
8. unauthorized professional videotaping equipments
12. unauthorized walky-talkies, loudspeakers, radios, laser devices or wireless devices that interfere with the electronic signals of the Olympic Games.

The following is inappropriate behavior:
3. flash photography

What a shame.... China spent Billions of dollars in publicity, preparing and building up for the Olympics but they would implement every rules in the books to prevent people from going to enjoy the games. But this is good for the Olympics! Well done!

Restricting issuing Visas for entering into China > Hotels are suffering in these few months. . But again this could be for the good of Security?

No Flash Photography, Movie cameras etc... What's the point of going than? .> But true enough it might obstruct view of others or blind those in the games. BN.... this is why guide dogs are the only animals allowed in!

Lucky they did not ask you to surrender your cell phones?? > That is banned on board any aircraft! as it might "interfere with the electronic signals" > someone missed that!

I think someone up there in the Chinese Government better review these restrictions otherwise it may cause great revenue lost for this Olympics! But I am soooooo... touched that they cared for our safety for those of us who are attending the Olympics!

I have 4 spare tickets to the Olympics.... any takers? Selling cheap!

TIC!
AG

Bnlee2
07-21-08, 04:40
It is amazing how the Chinese government can make changes. I was just told that the Beijing airport will be closed for five hours 7PM to midnight on August 8th during the Opening ceremony. I guess there will be no aircraft incident to marr the opening ceremony.

Car traffic and less pollutions effective today when they go to the "odd/even" license plate routine on all private vehicles in BJ.

Bnlee2
07-25-08, 23:47
I just saw this video earlier today. The music was good. I just wish that i have opening ceremony tickets on August 8th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPhGVb57IZ0

Ace Gallant
07-26-08, 16:40
It is amazing how the Chinese government can make changes. I was just told that the Beijing airport will be closed for five hours 7PM to midnight on August 8th during the Opening ceremony. I guess there will be no aircraft incident to marr the opening ceremony.

Car traffic and less pollutions effective today when they go to the "odd/even" license plate routine on all private vehicles in BJ.

Since the Airport is closed that means the Radar will not be monitored, isn't that's a danger? Anybody could just fly a small plane loaded with Explosive and ram straight into the opening ceremony isn't it?

On another incident, there were so much improvements when you are entering into Shanghai via the Pudong Airport yesterday. The immigration counter for foreigners were empty and you can just pass through without any queue. They had 8 counters for foreigners opened and there were no one! While the counters for the local were jammed packed with only 5 counters opened. Hey wait a minute....? Isn't this because they are restricting foreigners from coming into China by restricting the numbers of Visa issued? Oh...now I know why.....

But that not the whole story.... as a foreigner, we will be delighted to clear immigration in 2 minutes only to be greeted by the 50 minutes queue at the customs because of the new Luggage X-Ray scan. Every single luggage including hand carry were scanned through the single advance x-ray scan machine installed for the whole airport! I must take my hats off to the customs officer as the queue built up and they seems to try to rush through by using their eagle sharp eyes in looking at the screens and clearing each bag in a single second! They must had been so well trained that they would be be to spot any dangerous goods within a blink of their eyes!

Wow! TIC!
AG

Bnlee2
07-26-08, 20:35
Since the Airport is closed that means the Radar will not be monitored, isn't that's a danger? Anybody could just fly a small plane loaded with Explosive and ram straight into the opening ceremony isn't it?
Wow! TIC!

AGAce,

I think it is the complete opposite. The airspace radar will be turned on. If anything is caught flying through Beijing's airspace, China will probably shoot it down and then ask the pilot why was he flying through the airspace. By then, the pilot should be dead as a door nail blown up into a gazillion pieces. China would probably tell people that it is part of the pyrotechnic show.

Any bros have some extra tics to opening ceremony, please pm me. Please no seat outside the stadium.

TIC

Ace Gallant
07-27-08, 07:01
Ace,

I think it is the complete opposite. The airspace radar will be turned on. If anything is caught flying through Beijing's airspace, China will probably shoot it down and then ask the pilot why was he flying through the airspace. By then, the pilot should be dead as a door nail blown up into a gazillion pieces. China would probably tell people that it is part of the pyrotechnic show.

Any bros have some extra tics to opening ceremony, please pm me. Please no seat outside the stadium.

TIC

Nah... BN... I know that ....and I was just joking.... I am private pilot remember??.... .... BUT!.....

Basically you can fly a small wooden aircraft (Gilder) filled with TNT, at a low altitude and dive into the Stadium without even the radar detecting it! That's why Gilder is on the banned list!

Enjoy!
AG

El Greco
07-27-08, 14:02
Nah... BN... I know that ....and I was just joking.... I am private pilot remember??.... .... BUT!.....

Basically you can fly a small wooden aircraft (Gilder) filled with TNT, at a low altitude and dive into the Stadium without even the radar detecting it! That's why Gilder is on the banned list!

Enjoy!
AG

From my experience from the last Athens 2004 Olympics not only the air traffic radar was working but they also hired two special balloon type aircrafts (don't know a better word to describe them) equipped with very high tech equipment that they were able to spot a needle on the ground while monitoring the near airspace as well.
They were flying in turns 24/7. Both of them during the day time.
After the olympics we show some funny videos eg a policeman doing a police woman behind a car during night time when both were on duty.

No way even for a glider to get unnoticed in that airspace. Lots of money spent for security purposes at that time.
We are still trying to recover from those expenses.

Ace Gallant
07-27-08, 16:27
From my experience from the last Athens 2004 Olympics not only the air traffic radar was working but they also hired two special balloon type aircrafts (don't know a better word to describe them) equipped with very high tech equipment that they were able to spot a needle on the ground while monitoring the near airspace as well.

They are called "Blimp".

They were flying in turns 24/7. Both of them during the day time.
After the olympics we show some funny videos eg a policeman doing a police woman behind a car during night time when both were on duty.

Not too sure they are going to do the same thing here in China but Policeman doing a police women behind a car during night time when both were on duty, will never happens in China.... :)

Come to think of it... I doubt they will have the Blimps up the the air... if they cannot afford to hire more x-ray luggage scanning machines at the airport; so that the queue will not be that long, why will they spend the extra RMBs for those blimps? Or maybe I am wrong??

No way even for a glider to get unnoticed in that airspace. Lots of money spent for security purposes at that time.
We are still trying to recover from those expenses.

Well, its is not a matter of money spent or not spent, its a matter of whether it was spent wisely. The question is; if someone wants to sabotage the Olympics would they wait till now or the last few hours to do the planning, executions? They would have done all the planning and started execution long time ago. Why wait till the last few hours?

Maybe I had been too disappointed by the fact that no one seems to think through the priorities and seriousness of every things they had done like; Blocking the overseas web sites, ISG? Are those going to help in the security of China Olympics? OK.. Ok... I was wrong... everything is just a joke!

Enjoy!
AG

El Greco
07-29-08, 14:02
They are called "Blimp".
EnjoyAG

Those "Blimps" were like Zepelins. Small Zepelin type aircrafts.
Their only problem was the very strong winds. They could not hold, good enough, their position with winds 8+. Fortunately not such winds were encountered over Athens at that time.

Enjoy the olympic games at Beijing it is a very good experience.
All those visitors created a great party atmosphere every night at the center of Athens after the games.

By the way you are having a very nice and very polite forum here.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks
El Greco

Mock A Bee
07-31-08, 02:41
From the NY Times online

BEIJING — The International Olympic Committee failed to press China to allow fully unfettered access to the Internet for the thousands of journalists arriving here to cover the Olympics, despite promising repeatedly that the foreign news media could “report freely” during the Games, Olympic officials acknowledged Wednesday....

For full story:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/31/sports/olympics/31china.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

TIC!
MAB

Ace Gallant
07-31-08, 03:50
From the NY Times online

BEIJING — The International Olympic Committee failed to press China to allow fully unfettered access to the Internet for the thousands of journalists arriving here to cover the Olympics, despite promising repeatedly that the foreign news media could “report freely” during the Games, Olympic officials acknowledged Wednesday....

For full story:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/31/sports/olympics/31china.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

TIC!
MAB

I've tried to access the web page (NY times) without the VPN and it seems to be blocked too! Man!!! What's next? TIC!

AG

Ace Gallant
08-16-08, 11:10
i was at a hengshan lu bar and i overheard this from many foreigners: "the chinese are cheating in the olympics!"

i don't pay much attention to the olympics but i thought the judges are sworn in for they work? after hearing all these complaining about cheating at the olympics, i decided to turn on the tv and watch what's on... female gymnastic was on… but hey??? isn’t that chinese girl looks kind of **** to be in the olympics? i thought the minimum age is 18? she looks like she is only around 12!!! well… she has totally no tits!!!!  …ok ok… maybe i was carried away by her beauty… well… you guys know that i am a sucker for girls that are skinny and flat …. hmm… she looks kind of …. juicy…..oops… carried away again….

i was than watching the repeats of the lady synchronized diving… in which the chinese had obtained a gold… but…i thought i saw the arms of one of the diver slower than the other? or was my eyes cheating on me again?? must be my eyes… afters all they got gold right?

come to think of it…. the olympics judges cannot be bought right??? or do they get a nice evening with the female participants???

tic!
ag

Ace Gallant
08-19-08, 07:52
This is perhaps why China government is preventing unlimited access to the internet for the press during the Olympics:

http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=tSEWj4DMJvs

TIC!
AG

Ace Gallant
08-22-08, 04:02
I can't believe how the Chinese place pride above everything.

I was listening to the radio reporting in live from the Olympics when our American team won the gold in Beach Volleyball, when the announcer commented: “The Americans were lucky to win because the morning rain had affected the performance of our national team!”

Hmm… seem like it never rain in China? Or it’s always raining in America? But even so, it rained in the morning not during the match right?

When the Announcement that Phelps Michael had won the 8th Gold in this Olympics, the Chinese were saying… “Well, that’s good but it’s no match with our China’s team winning 46 Gold!”

Either the Chinese are bad in comparison between actuals or .....???? Wouldn't a fair comparison be Phelps Michael vs Zou Kai (China Gymnastics) 8 golds vs 3 golds? Hmm.... no wonder why I can never get my managers in China office to keep within the budgets... because they just cannot compare between Actuals and Budgeted!

TIC!
AG

Fritobugger
08-22-08, 04:40
The chinese have this weird inferiority complex and superiority complex working at the same time. Creates a very unstable mind set. If they win its because they are better, if they lose then it is not their fault. The tendency to consider the smallest thing an insult really indicates a lack of maturity and self confidence.

Wapec
08-22-08, 05:04
ace

when i look at the chinese female competitors what i am really looking for is that sexy deep bush of underarm hair. not to mention the unwaxed forest between their legs.

yum yum......

\w

isn’t that chinese girl looks kind of **** to be in the olympics? i thought the minimum age is 18? she looks like she is only around 12!!! well… she has totally no tits!!!!  …ok ok… maybe i was carried away by her beauty… well… you guys know that i am a sucker for girls that are skinny and flat …. hmm… she looks kind of …. juicy…..oops… carried away again….

i was than watching the repeats of the lady synchronized diving… in which the chinese had obtained a gold… but…i thought i saw the arms of one of the diver slower than the other? or was my eyes cheating on me again?? must be my eyes… afters all they got gold right?

come to think of it…. the olympics judges cannot be bought right??? or do they get a nice evening with the female participants???

tic!
ag

Ace Gallant
09-23-08, 20:28
i was at the airport security when the security pulled out a bottle of 120ml perfume from a chinese guy's bag two position before me. they told him that liquid above 100ml is not to be brought on board and confirep001ed it. i was thinking… hmm… great! airport security was working well!

when it came to the turn of the guy in front of me, an american white man (as he spoke with american english), the security pulled out a 100 ml bottle and asked what is inside. the bottle has no label and only has a 100ml marking. the guy said “this allows me to sleep on the plane.” the security without opening the bottle to check of it’s contents, returned it to him and allows him to pass. at this point, i said to the security: “hey! are you sure?” and explained to the security in chinese what the guy said the content was and make extra efforts to explained that the liquid put people to sleep! of course at this point, the guys wasn’t happy and started saying “mind your own business!” in reply i told him; “what makes you think that i do not assume that you are a terrorist getting on the same flight as me and the liquid it going to be use to knock out the pilots?”. however at this point the security replied to me in chinese… “yes, i know but it is hard to explain to laowai that we have to confirep001e this item, they usually will give us a lot of trouble, besides it is within 100ml limits.” at this point i asked for his supervisor. of course by the time the higher officer arrived we were already holding up the queue.

i explained to the higher ranking officer the whole incident and also that it was not my intention to cause trouble but i would not want to see a potential high risk pass right in front of me without me doing anything. i urged the security to open up the bottle to sniff the content and if they are not asleep after that perhaps it will be ok for the guy to bring it on board the plane. the officers did not dare to do it but finally, confirep001e the bottle. that makes the american guy very unhappy but definitely gives a whole lot of others a peace in mind that there is no potential terrorist attack on their flight. but what surprised me was, the higher ranking officer actually said thank you to me before i left the security check point!

what i didn’t understand was: “why would the first airport security officer let a potential security risk pass, just because he thinks he would get into trouble with a laowai?” isn’t this suppose to should be at least part of his job? and, why did he thinks that we americans are trouble makers? perhaps he’s right…. i was causing a bit of trouble there by holding up the line….?

tic!
ag