PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : [1] 2

Admin
01-01-06, 01:00
Please use this thread to announce your travel plans and your intentions to meet up with other Forum Members.

Member #3437
04-16-08, 19:07
Looks Like I am coming back to Lima in May. I wasn't really planning this trip but I will be in Colombia and have a special deal to return to the jungle waiting for me and also the airfare from Bog to Lima is real cheap, so I will be spending several weeks in and around Miraflores.

See you guys soon!

Member #3437
04-18-08, 16:57
that thing you have to peer round is not a column....it's the linebacker. which bartender - glasses or black ponytail?

westfla - you know your travel dates yet and how much is the bog / lim flight?

suerte!

polvo

travel dates not set, but i will be around the 15th. the tr girl i was referring to i will have to tell you in person as she swore me to secrecy...but lima busy will tell you if you ask him.

rob..if you are reading... i will be in lima for probably a week, then heading up to the amazon, then back in lima for a few days. short trip this time.

Member #3437
04-21-08, 15:56
Okay, Arriving in Miraflores on the 12th. Anyone else around? What is the current status of activities in Mirafores? Is TR still closed? Have the girls moved into pizza calle?

For anyone interested, I will be having coffee on the 13th at the usual place with the usual suspects.

Member #4351
04-21-08, 16:47
For those who are thinking of coming to Peru in May: during the 15, 16, 17 there will be the "Cumbres de América Latina, el Caribe y la Unión Europea (ALC-UE)" an international get together with a bunch of presidents and ministers from European and Latin American countries arriving in Peru. These dates have been declared public holidays and all businesses must be closed. Travel within Lima will be restricted. I like many others will be fleeing Peru during these dates. Not the best time for mongering. The APEC which will be as big or bigger is planned for Nov. 13-16. All hotels will be filled during these events and the good restaurants will be booked.

Polvo
05-07-08, 14:33
Gents:

Just a heads up. I just received a registration form from the police to complete and return to ensure that I can come an go from my home from May 15th to May 17th.

It appears that there is going to be a cordon thrown up in parts of Miraflores during this conference and, specifically, on the 15th through 17th May. I am positive that one part of the cordon extends from West of the Reducto and may include the area bounded by Benavides and Larco down to Larco Mar. Anyone who has a hotel or apartment or hooker in that area better double check if they need to to get onto the "official" list.

At the very least ensure you carry your DNI or passport on you during the above dates - and I obviously recommend through the 17th.

This is going to be a pain in the ass.

Suerte!

Polvo

Admin
05-08-08, 16:46
Greetings everyone,

The Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

Pursuant to this purpose, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

Thanks,

Jackson

LatinaLover#1
05-09-08, 16:55
Do they have internet IN the room?

Their website only says free internet.

Lima Busy
05-10-08, 02:06
Do they have internet IN the room?

Their website only says free internet.
No, they have a computer in the lobby for everyone to use.

LatinaLover#1
05-10-08, 15:19
I normally stay at the San Marten Hotel in Miraflores. They recently raised thier prices, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Can I find a nice apartment or apart-type hotel in this area of Miraflores for @ $50 U.S.? Obviously it needs to be Girl friendly and internet in the room, a/c is not a must now.

Thanks

Miraflores Apt
05-10-08, 19:18
I normally stay at the San Marten Hotel in Miraflores. They recently raised thier prices, so I'm looking for alternatives.

Can I find a nice apartment or apart-type hotel in this area of Miraflores for @ $50 U.S.? Obviously it needs to be Girl friendly and internet in the room, a/c is not a must now.

ThanksIn the future you should post in the Hotel thread! Too answer your question, there are loads of apts in the $40-$50 price range. Actually if you stay for a few weeks or months the prices get better. Aparthotels are generally more expensive about $85.00 per night but offer more services and in most cases A/C (in that price range).

It has already gotten cold in (Miraflores) and as it is another La Nina projections are that it will be colder than last winter. I would recommend that you look for a apartment with heat or buy a couple of space heaters when you arrive!

MA

Lima Busy
05-11-08, 00:39

Thanks
Generally when booking an hotel always book double occupancy. When booking an apartment always put 2 people in the online form and state that your girlfriend will be staying with you. If they object to overnight guests find a different apartment. Most have internet, rarely A/C (exception apart hotels).

Should be no problem finding what you want at your price point.
LB

Psychman
05-11-08, 13:31
as of wend and then staggered over the next few days, a crew of us will be decending into town for the next week to two weeks, staying at the ml. let me know if you are around. all expereinced mongers, two spanish speaking, a couple have lima experience (myself included). will be hitting the various hotspots during the day and evening, along with rep001tered dates with pros, semi pros, thinking about being pros, and whatever else strikes our fancy...

TheKnife
05-15-08, 03:06
I'll be Lima 22 may thru 28 may, staying at LB's Bachelor pad in Miraflores. I'll be doing a combination of pros and nonpros. I speak Spanish.

If anyone wants to join up, let me know

Eddie

Jockey16
05-16-08, 20:27
hi psychman,

did you guys arrive to ml yet?

later,

jockey

as of wend and then staggered over the next few days, a crew of us will be decending into town for the next week to two weeks, staying at the ml. let me know if you are around. all expereinced mongers, two spanish speaking, a couple have lima experience (myself included). will be hitting the various hotspots during the day and evening, along with rep001tered dates with pros, semi pros, thinking about being pros, and whatever else strikes our fancy...

Polvo
05-19-08, 23:31
Frequent travellers may already have this knowledge but for us naifs it may be useful:

Delta has a partnership with Northwest (and may merge), and with Continental airlines. Northwest has a partnership with Continental as well. Continental has a partnership with Copa airlines. Copa is an "associate" with Delta's skyteam alliance.

Which means that you can often persuade any of the above using their frequent flyer miles to get you booked on any of the above flights.

One for instance is that if Delta is offering you a trip from the Sex Prison to Lima for 52,500 miles you can often get onto Continental for 35,000 miles. Another, if Northwest offer you a coach for 70,000 miles you can sometimes get a first class on Copa for the same. (Note that Northwest's South American routes suck and they invariably book you on Delta or Continental "codeshare" flight anyway.)

Worth trying. The collective may not catch up!

Suerte!

Polvo

Jockey16
05-25-08, 05:49
Hi Psychman,

Sorry you couldn't come down to the lobby to see Naty and Sara (Tabu's Friends) so that you could add an opinion to Tabu's credibility or the quality of girls he had that day.

Later,

Jockey16

Hi Psychman,

Did you guys arrive to ML yet?

Later,

Jockey

Psychman
05-25-08, 21:04
Hi Psychman,

Sorry you couldn't come down to the lobby to see Naty and Sara (Tabu's Friends) so that you could add an opinion to Tabu's credibility or the quality of girls he had that day.

Later,

Jockey16

My group had the time of our lives- trust me, we were not without...we have a great time with each of us finding our own non pros (meaning, no payment at all), semi pros, and pros..... I will write more later. Thanks to David for introducing us to A and J. I very much loved my couple of hours with sweet 18 year old A- a very nice GFE, who is very coachable..

FreshWind
05-29-08, 18:00
Just returned to Lima from Medellin. At the Maria Luisa for 3 days.

Flights on LAN to Medellin via Quito are still a great value. PM me if you are in town or have suggestions.

Xxxgoat
06-10-08, 23:41
after 16 months in peru i am taking a vacation in colombia.

my 1 bedroom furnished apartment in miraflores, 2 blocks from parque kennedy, is available for sub renting beginning 3 july. i will be gone 1 to 3 months.

security building, hi speed internet, cable tv, etc.

if any fellow board member is interested, pm me for details.

goat

OutdoorLover52
06-14-08, 23:30
I will be arriving in Lima early July 2. I have an apartment rented for two weeks. If anyone wants to go out and enjoy the beautiful women get back with me. It wil be my first time in Lima so any help would be appreciated. I am coming in from Ohio.

Korkavado
07-14-08, 17:41
Hi,

Just booked a flight to Lima via LAN from Miami nonstop RT for $358.

Am really looking forward to visiting Lima. I am still undecided on where to stay, the Maria-Luisa or an Apart-Hotel. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, and hope to see you there.

Korkavado

Sushilover808
07-29-08, 20:34
I flew from Honolulu, Hawaii to Lima, Peru for only 30,000 American Airlines miles. I had to stopover in DFW & MIA for a few hours but free is free! I was charged a slightly higher air tax than usual but later discovered that it included the departure tax from Lima Airport.

Frequent travellers may already have this knowledge but for us naifs it may be useful:

Delta has a partnership with Northwest (and may merge), and with Continental airlines. Northwest has a partnership with Continental as well. Continental has a partnership with Copa airlines. Copa is an "associate" with Delta's skyteam alliance.

Which means that you can often persuade any of the above using their frequent flyer miles to get you booked on any of the above flights.

One for instance is that if Delta is offering you a trip from the Sex Prison to Lima for 52,500 miles you can often get onto Continental for 35,000 miles. Another, if Northwest offer you a coach for 70,000 miles you can sometimes get a first class on Copa for the same. (Note that Northwest's South American routes suck and they invariably book you on Delta or Continental "codeshare" flight anyway.)

Worth trying. The collective may not catch up!

Suerte!

Polvo

Polvo
07-29-08, 20:54
I flew from Honolulu, Hawaii to Lima, Peru for only 30,000 American Airlines miles. I had to stopover in DFW & MIA for a few hours but free is free! I was charged a slightly higher air tax than usual but later discovered that it included the departure tax from Lima Airport.

That's excellent. At the moment the whole of August is 70,000 miles on AA if you leave from Sex Prison. Plus, now, a "passenger" fee of $100. Twats.

Suerte!

Polvo

Sushilover808
07-30-08, 09:21
That's excellent. At the moment the whole of August is 70,000 miles on AA if you leave from Sex Prison. Plus, now, a "passenger" fee of $100. Twats.

Suerte!

PolvoDear Polvo,

Yes, you are correct that NOW there are only 70K mileage award tickets because summer is high season, certainly not "off-peak". I just finished a search and found that 30K tickets are available starting in September:

Economy Off-Peak - 30,000 Award Miles Per Ticket Award Miles Per Ticket

Total Award Miles Used 30,000 miles
Taxes and Fees Per Ticket *
Taxes 72.75 USD
Total Taxes 72.75 USD
Award Processing Fee(s) 5.00 USD
Total Award Processing Fee(s) 5.00 USD
Total Price 77.75 USD

But I did not see any $100 passenger fee.

Aloha, sushi

Polvo
07-30-08, 14:30
.......But I did not see any $100 passenger fee.....

Akami Sushilover: That's because you can plan!! :-)

AAdvantage Award Fees - Ticketing 21 days or more prior to departure
Award Processing Fee applies when ticketing via AA.com $5
Award Service Fee applies when ticketing via Reservations $20

AAdvantage Award Fees - Ticketing less than 21 days prior to departure
*Travel ticketed 20 - 7 days prior to departure $50
*Travel ticketed 6 days to 2 hours prior to departure $100

So, the moral of the story is......for Holoholo, prior planning is essential!

Pau

Polvo!

Sushilover808
07-31-08, 23:51
Akami Sushilover: That's because you can plan!! :-)

AAdvantage Award Fees - Ticketing 21 days or more prior to departure
Award Processing Fee applies when ticketing via AA.com $5
Award Service Fee applies when ticketing via Reservations $20

AAdvantage Award Fees - Ticketing less than 21 days prior to departure
*Travel ticketed 20 - 7 days prior to departure $50
*Travel ticketed 6 days to 2 hours prior to departure $100

So, the moral of the story is......for Holoholo, prior planning is essential!

Pau

Polvo!Polvo,

Yes, of course, you are 100% correct! There are significant Award fees when booking less than 21 days prior to departure. However, IMHO I still think it's still substantially cheaper than paying for a ticket. Especially when fares purchased less than one week prior to travel are often considered business fares and cost much more than normal. Free is almost never free but heavily discounted.

Aloha,

John

Polvo
08-01-08, 15:55
.....IMHO I still think it's still substantially cheaper than paying for a ticket. ....Free is almost never free but heavily discounted.

The value of one frequent flyer mile when used for international travel is approx. $0.02 according to case law ($0.01 for contiguous States). (Used by IRS for calculating "benefit", divorce lawyers and other assorted scumbags.)

Suerte!

Polvo

Sushilover808
08-02-08, 05:14
The value of one frequent flyer mile when used for international travel is approx. $0.02 according to case law ($0.01 for contiguous States). (Used by IRS for calculating "benefit", divorce lawyers and other assorted scumbags.)

Suerte!

PolvoI live in Hawaii. Most times travel HNL is more expensive than from MIA or LAX because Hawaii is the most remote group of islands in the world. For example, when I flew to LIM in April 2008, RT flights were anywhere from $1000 to $1500 for economy class. At 30, 000 miles for a RT ticket, it makes the value to me $0. 03 or more. Airfare prices are even higher today than a few months ago so miles are even more valuable to me.

Aloha, john

Polvo
08-20-08, 13:43
Gents:

Given that a large number of people seem to be migrating to Medellin just a note that Copa Airlines are running a $109.00 round-trip fare between Medellin and Lima. So when your visa expires - here's a cheap way back to the land of the Cholos (via Panama!!).

http://www.copaair.com/planifiqueviaje/ofertasweb/default.aspx?ID=8579&lang=en

Maximum stay of 60 days in destination, travel between Wednesday, August 13, 2008 and before Sunday, November 30, 2008. Purchase must be made at least 24 hours prior to departure and purchase before August 31st.

Suerte!

Polvo

Lordunderground2
08-20-08, 19:37
I'm in Lima today 8/20 and 8/21 if any of you would like to get together this would be the first time I can actually get to meet someone from the forum let me know I'll be flying back to the U.S. 8/22. You can pm me and then I can give you my peruvian cell phone number.

Artisttyp
09-09-08, 02:30
I am in lima. I have a few things to mention but It will take me some time to post the info. I haven´t gotten settled yet.

If anyone is around let me know. I would rather communicate by email so please send me a pm with your email. I have a blackberry...until soon.

Artisttyp

Jaimito Cartero
09-10-08, 21:49
Continental has some nice airfares on direct flights out of Newark to Lima. You might find these fares in December on Saturdays only, but I think the days expand in January, so lots of availability then.

Jaimito Cartero
09-11-08, 18:35
Not a direct flight, but connecting.

Polvo
09-11-08, 18:55
AA has matched NYC-LIM $338+ tax ($400ish all in) Not a direct flight, but connecting.

And its $298 + tax from Miami which is where one connects. Cheap NYC/MIA flight!!

Suerte!

Polvo

Jaimito Cartero
09-11-08, 22:41
Normally, you'd have to pay me more to transit through Miami! I'd rather go through DFW!

Captain Napalm
09-24-08, 04:36
I'll be flying TACA/LASCA, Oct 19-26.

Avianca seems to have decent rates, if you want to connect through Bogota

Artisttyp
10-22-08, 19:21
Has anyone done this connection and would you feel any altitude sickness while waiting around the airport ?

With oil under $68 a barrel I am very tempted to buy my ticket way in advance of my next trip. I saw that avianca is offering $415 Rt from NYC with 1 stop in bogota.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I opted out of doing the same thing for an upcoming trip to medellin but I might have shot myself in the foot.
I return through miami on american airlines jusy a few days before thanksgiving. A reported 3000 flights will be cut daily. If I miss a connection it will be that much harder to find another flight....altitude sickness anyone?

Professor10
10-22-08, 21:51
Can any experienced monger let me know if the Doubletree (Independencia) or the JW Marriott is more girl-friendly than the other? I have points for both the Marriott and Hilton (Doubletree) and on a Miraflores map - it shows that each is about 10-15 blocks away from the Parque Kennedy. I am looking to travel sometime in January.

Gonzo
10-23-08, 04:42
Has anyone done this connection and would you feel any altitude sickness while waiting around the airport ?I did BOG while going between MDE and CTG. Spent about 3 hours in the port waiting for my plane, and after a couple of hours, I noticed that I was feeling a little light headed. So if you're sensitive to altitudes, you could feel it, it doesn't take too much time.

But as soon as the plane pressurized, el problema desaparecio.

Helpmann
10-23-08, 11:41
Has anyone done this connection and would you feel any altitude sickness while waiting around the airport ?On my way to Rio, I had an eight-hour Avianca "lay over" in Bogota. I left the airport and took a taxi to Santa Fe, the red light district. During the layover, I banged a couple of girls at "La Piscina de Dia" and later grabbed dinner in the Parque 93 district.

I never felt the effects of altitude sickness.

-Helpmann :)

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=479963&postcount=562

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=473554&postcount=1271

Artisttyp
10-23-08, 15:26
Thank you both for your responses. I had trouble while visiting quito ecuador and I vowed never to go through it again. I believe bogota is even higher than quito.

For some reason I thought maybe the airport would be inclosed enough that I wouldn't feel anything. I would rather not risk it. It is a helpless feeling when you can't breath well. Not to mention lugging around a bag with you.

Thank you again for the responses.

Jaimito Cartero
10-23-08, 16:20
It took me awhile to get used to Quito as well. Bogota shows a little lower elevation. Say 500 feet or so. I think there are plenty of other options than Avianca.

Artisttyp
10-29-08, 19:14
I know this doesn't apply to most people. However if you stay long term in lima and are from the NYC area check these dates out. I managed to get a non stop flight both ways for $495 which includes taxes. Restrictions apply ($100 penalty for changes) but I think it is worth the gamble.

LAN offers the most *comfortable non stop flights from NYC.

This is a great time to be in lima. The weather is good and people are in a good mood and excited about easter approaching.

One could get away with staying at a cheapo hostel during these dates. The only thing you might need would be a fan in your room.

Jaimito Cartero
10-29-08, 20:20
Lan is fairly nice, but I'd still take Continental for about $100 less. Plus if you're elite on CO or NW, you've got a very good chance at free upgrades into First Class.

Artisttyp
10-29-08, 20:27
Lan is fairly nice, but I'd still take Continental for about $100 less. Plus if you're elite on CO or NW, you've got a very good chance at free upgrades into First Class.

Continental is not nearly as nice an LAN. I just came back using continental airlines. They added TV's on the seats but also a power box under every aisle seat in coach. This means a third of your already cramped coach seat will be taken up by this box.

An aisle seat is the only sane possibility for me. Ive never seen a non stop flight on continental newark to lima for $400. Please let us know when they come up.

El Greco
10-29-08, 21:25
If I miss a connection it will be that much harder to find another flight....altitude sickness anyone?

I spent almost a week in Quito with no effect whatsoever.

While in Bogota two years ago I was in need of a pill everyday to get rid of the headache.

I stoped smoking in 1990. Back then when I was heavily smoking I could not walk more than 500 yards while in Johanesburg 5500 feet high.

Suerte

Jaimito Cartero
10-29-08, 22:10
Ive never seen a non stop flight on continental newark to lima for $400. Please let us know when they come up.

Do you not read this forum? I posted about the CO flights a month and a half ago. Since the fare came out, it's harder to find the X and L fare classes for the lowest price, but they're there if you actually want to do some legwork.

I see a lot of forum members switch airlines for a $10 difference in ticket price. If you'd just stick to one airline (or at least one alliance), you'd be flying in first class for free in many cases.

Artisttyp
10-29-08, 22:48
Continental has some nice airfares on direct flights out of Newark to Lima. You might find these fares in December on Saturdays only, but I think the days expand in January, so lots of availability then.

Good post. I didn't see it even with all the RTFF I do. Who knows if my dates would have coincided though. I am happy with what I got. Everything worked out just fine for me.

I used to stick with one airline but I find different airlines serve different routes better than others. Also I don't want the pressure of the miles programs anymore. They get you by the balls.

Jaimito Cartero
10-30-08, 01:10
I used to stick with one airline but I find different airlines serve different routes better than others. Also I don't want the pressure of the miles programs anymore. They get you by the balls.

You can find most FF programs have enough partners that you can stick with one alliance and do okay. And it's not about them having YOU by the balls, but the reverse.

I earned American Airlines Platinum for 1 1/2 years by doing a challenge on LAN in Biz class. Only one flight! All for $899 plus tax, at the time. I also got an additional year of Gold status, since AA only steps you down one year.

The status match on AA isn't so easy these days, but you can still put LAN miles into AA. I recently redeemed the miles in my AA account, and turned them into an 7 night stay at the Conrad in Bali. A very nice 5 star hotel.

I have heard that LAN has some good rewards, but I think the miles expire (no matter what) in 2-3 years. I think David is an expert on them, so maybe he can chime in.

The airlines are really looking for new customers these days. If you're elite in one program, most will match you with no problem. I've even heard of some scoundrels who Photoshopped an elite card and got status from it.

I used to fly 25-40k per year, and didn't have status anywhere. For one year I made sure all my flights were in one alliance, and got up to the first 25k level status. After the free upgrades, bonus miles and such, I've never looked back. 200k last year, and about about 175k this year.

Things will be getting tougher, as mergers go through, like the NW/DL that did today. If you do have a lot of miles hanging around, I'd use them sooner, rather than later.

Member #2041
10-30-08, 01:31
You can find most FF programs have enough partners that you can stick with one alliance and do okay. And it's not about them having YOU by the balls, but the reverse.

I earned American Airlines Platinum for 1 1/2 years by doing a challenge on LAN in Biz class. Only one flight! All for $899 plus tax, at the time. I also got an additional year of Gold status, since AA only steps you down one year.

The status match on AA isn't so easy these days, but you can still put LAN miles into AA. I recently redeemed the miles in my AA account, and turned them into an 7 night stay at the Conrad in Bali. A very nice 5 star hotel.

I have heard that LAN has some good rewards, but I think the miles expire (no matter what) in 2-3 years. I think David is an expert on them, so maybe he can chime in.

The airlines are really looking for new customers these days. If you're elite in one program, most will match you with no problem. I've even heard of some scoundrels who Photoshopped an elite card and got status from it.

I used to fly 25-40k per year, and didn't have status anywhere. For one year I made sure all my flights were in one alliance, and got up to the first 25k level status. After the free upgrades, bonus miles and such, I've never looked back. 200k last year, and about about 175k this year.

Things will be getting tougher, as mergers go through, like the NW/DL that did today. If you do have a lot of miles hanging around, I'd use them sooner, rather than later.

I disagree. Up to a couple of years ago, I had elite status on both AA and DL. I came to the conclusion that the program benefits had been downsized to the point that they were simply not worth the effort. During the past 2 years, I have simply burned most of my over 200K FF miles balance on each of these carriers via international flights, and I am now much more pleased to fly domestic carriers like Virgin, Southwest, and Jet Blue, simply based on price and schedule - and they let me check a bag for free. Internationally, other than the flights that burned these miles, I pretty much use Cathay Pacific for my Asia trips now, and with my Credit cards, I no longer get DL or AA miles, but rather, Starwood SPG points or else cash back - each of which is now a substantially better deal than flyer miles on any domestic program nowadays. And I am damn happy to have used up my nearly half a million FF miles when they still had some value.

John Gault
10-30-08, 02:21
Good post. I didn't see it even with all the RTFF I do. Who knows if my dates would have coincided though. I am happy with what I got. Everything worked out just fine for me.

I used to stick with one airline but I find different airlines serve different routes better than others. Also I don't want the pressure of the miles programs anymore. They get you by the balls.I agree with you about the pressure of the miles programs. I have mucho miles with Spirit and have been turned down every time I try to use them.

Jaimito Cartero
10-30-08, 04:56
I agree with you about the pressure of the miles programs. I have mucho miles with Spirit and have been turned down every time I try to use them.

As I understand it, Spirit is a low cost carrier, and has only a basic frequent flyer program. If your airline isn't in one of the three major alliances (Skyteam, Star Alliance or Oneworld), then your redemption options are often much more limited.

I disagree. Up to a couple of years ago, I had elite status on both AA and DL. I came to the conclusion that the program benefits had been downsized to the point that they were simply not worth the effort. During the past 2 years, I have simply burned most of my over 200K FF miles balance on each of these carriers via international flights, and I am now much more pleased to fly domestic carriers like Virgin, Southwest, and Jet Blue, simply based on price and schedule - and they let me check a bag for free. Internationally, other than the flights that burned these miles, I pretty much use Cathay Pacific for my Asia trips now, and with my Credit cards, I no longer get DL or AA miles, but rather, Starwood SPG points or else cash back - each of which is now a substantially better deal than flyer miles on any domestic program nowadays. And I am damn happy to have used up my nearly half a million FF miles when they still had some value.

Certainly, most frequent flyer programs have gone down the tubes a bit the last couple of years. It's good that you got some value out of your miles. I burned through about 500k in one week in September, when some new fees were going to be started. I'll admit that I'll have the other million plus blown by this time next year. During an average year, I earn 400k-500k miles, so next year, with a lot of award flights, it could only be 50% of that.

In reality, most people don't know how to work a frequent flyer program. They let miles expire, or are surprised that their supposed free trip, now comes attached with $500 in fuel surcharges and other nonsense.

Flying domestic on JetBlue, VirginAmerica, Southwest and others is probably a good idea. However, most don't have good redemptions for First/Biz class international flights. I could care less if I get a free upgrade PHX-LAX. If I can fly to EZE, or SIN in Biz class for free, or by upgrading a relatively cheap coach ticket, that's the way I'll go.

Member #4351
10-30-08, 16:07
Yeah, since I live here in South America, I stick to LAN. Living here in Peru, I can´t do the kind of expert flying like Jaimito to get my high FF level. I fly 50,000 kilometers a year including two medium range flights in business (Lima-BsAs) which puts me in the highest FF level (Comodoro, emerald one world), giving me automatic upgrades, extra luggage allowance, first class (not business) lounge access, double miles, etc. etc. However, LAN has now raised the minimum ticket price giving one access to upgrades. This hits me on my Lima-LAX flights which are the most important flights for me. Take me home to Calif. as well as put me on the Cathay Pacific flights to the Far East. Now have to pay around $1050 or something in order to get upgraded. Fucked up! But at this point LAN is pretty much without competition and can get away with this kind of BS.

Jockey16
11-01-08, 10:55
David,

I did LAX - Bogota - Lima for $626 vs LAN's $1,050.

Had to wait 4 hrs in Bogota but gave me a chance to check out the city.

You can leave the airport and return without paying airport taxes.

Used to fly LAN but as you said.

LAN had no competition and it raised its prices. Still the best airline IMO.

Later,

Jockey16

Yeah, since I live here in South America, I stick to LAN. Living here in Peru, I can´t do the kind of expert flying like Jaimito to get my high FF level. I fly 50,000 kilometers a year including two medium range flights in business (Lima-BsAs) which puts me in the highest FF level (Comodoro, emerald one world), giving me automatic upgrades, extra luggage allowance, first class (not business) lounge access, double miles, etc. etc. However, LAN has now raised the minimum ticket price giving one access to upgrades. This hits me on my Lima-LAX flights which are the most important flights for me. Take me home to Calif. as well as put me on the Cathay Pacific flights to the Far East. Now have to pay around $1050 or something in order to get upgraded. Fucked up! But at this point LAN is pretty much without competition and can get away with this kind of BS.

Helpmann
11-02-08, 14:42
Hi Guys,

In three-weeks, I'll be in fucking and sight-seeing my way through Lima and Cusco for another South American adventure. If any ex-pats, locals, or vacationers are available for drinks, I would love to shoot the shit over a couple of pisco sours.

Cheers!
Helpmann :)

Jaimito Cartero
11-02-08, 22:25
I did LAX - Bogota - Lima for $626 vs LAN's $1,050.

I have a Avianca ticket to Lima for about $230 all in, RT, but won't be using it, since I don't like the routing or the times. There are some real deals out there if you keep your eyes open.

Jaimito Cartero
11-02-08, 22:27
TAM released a $465 all in fare to LIM from JFK. Connects in Sao Paolo or Rio. Supposedly you can even do a stopover for a little bit more.

American Airlines has basically matched it, but not sure what the total is with taxes. (Connects in MIA)

Delta has also jumped in. Make sure you check all the NYC area airports if you don't see the prices from JFK.

Charlie Horse
11-03-08, 01:54
I think JC has mentioned it previous posts, but Kayak.com is helpful when looking for fares.

I found a Sprit fare out of LGA for dates in December for under $400.00all-in. Now if I could only find the time.

Bandy
11-03-08, 23:03
Bookingbuddy.com is another site which includes Kayak.com and other consolidators. But nobody is better than Jaimito Cartero, who consistently provides the most cost effective up-todate information regarding airfares for all the most coveted mongering destinations.

Bandy

Sarma567
11-04-08, 17:31
Currently Avianca is offering the best deals to Lima. Check their web site.

Thanks,

Sarma

Polvo
11-05-08, 18:41
Latest:

Reservations must be on hold by 11:00 a.m. (ET) November 10, 2008. Tickets booked on AA.com must be purchased within 1 day of making reservations, or by 11:59 p.m. (CT) November 10, 2008, whichever comes first.
Outbound travel is valid November 4, 2008, through January 27, 2009; all travel must be complete by January 29, 2009. A 2-day minimum stay is required. A 30-day maximum stay is allowed.

Suerte!

Polvo

Member #2041
11-06-08, 06:27
Latest:

Reservations must be on hold by 11:00 a.m. (ET) November 10, 2008. Tickets booked on AA.com must be purchased within 1 day of making reservations, or by 11:59 p.m. (CT) November 10, 2008, whichever comes first.
Outbound travel is valid November 4, 2008, through January 27, 2009; all travel must be complete by January 29, 2009. A 2-day minimum stay is required. A 30-day maximum stay is allowed.

Suerte!

Polvo

FYI, with taxes, this ends up being a $399 round trip. Since I'm on the west coast, it ends up costing me over $700. Not all that attractive.

Member #4351
11-06-08, 15:45
Orbitz LAN sale LAX-Lima: $662
http://www.orbitz.com/App/GetDealsDetailsContent?deal_id=air-lan-airlines-fare-sale&mc_url=AIR_OFR4_LAN&WT.mc_ev=emailclick&mc_au=20081103_DLS_03X&strf=3&umt_un_ca=ri_email&WT.mc_id=200811_DLS&WT.dcsvid=43632950

AlLostInSpace13
11-09-08, 14:12
My Bangkok trip fell through, but I'm glad to find a reasonably priced flight to Lima. I have been RTFF all the way to July, so I've got all the latest tips in the forum. I picked Lima over Rio b/c of the exchange rate. I hope it would be a good decision. I have never mongered in Lima before. My last trip there was with my wife for sightseeing.
My current plan is to get a box of nice Cuban cigars and sit in a cafe and read during the day and then go out for putas hunting at night.
Hope I will have good reports to follow. Bye for now.

Belmont
11-13-08, 03:38
I was coming to LIM 11/14, but all hotels seem to be sold out!
I may have to cancel. Is there something going on in Lima?
Anyone have suggestions? I tried about everything in the hotel secion of forum!
THANKS

Doc Bill
11-13-08, 05:31
Yes there is a huge international convention in Lima the week of 11/17. I was lucky enough to get an apartment.

So guys, I´ll be in Arequipa 11/14-17 and Lima 11/17-27, unless I go up to Iquitos to play some more with the monkeys. Please get in touch. Lima Busy will be able to reach me til I get a cellphone.

DB

Belmont
11-14-08, 00:50
Thanks to fellow board member!

I was coming to LIM 11/14, but all hotels seem to be sold out!
I may have to cancel. Is there something going on in Lima?
Anyone have suggestions? I tried about everything in the hotel secion of forum!
THANKS

HarryFlashman
11-21-08, 19:49
I arrive in Lima this Sunday 23rd. I will be around for up to 3 weeks (I leave on 13th Dec). If anyone wants to hang out, go for a drink, play some tennis or chase some girls drop me a line.

Scrivs

Pinga
11-22-08, 08:41
Currently Lan has a great deal for flights to Lima starting end of this month. The better deals are in January and after with RT costing $405 including taxes from JFK. I was even surprised to find same low prices for Easter week in April which as we all know generally gets hiked up as most families take their kids while they are on Easter vacation. I am booking mine now for January and might book for April also. Similar deals from Miami and LA. Just go to LAN's website( lan.com) and do it before they cut it off.

Client 9
11-23-08, 08:51
Hello, brethren of gringo nation. I will be in Lima from early December to mid-January. I don't know anyone in Lima, and I am looking for a laidback wingman.

I have spent two years traveling in Latin America (Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica and Cuba) but this is my first trip to Peru. I also have lived in Florida (Miami and Orlando) for many years. I speak highly fluent Spanish.

The Peru forum seems much friendlier than the Colombia forum. I hope that some of the Peru veterans would like to meet, and I also would like to meet other Peru rookies like myself.

If interested, I now can receive private messages and I will be checking my inbox. Maybe we can even get a group together for a party?

Member #2041
11-23-08, 17:31
Currently Lan has a great deal for flights to Lima starting end of this month. The better deals are in January and after with RT costing $405 including taxes from JFK. I was even surprised to find same low prices for Easter week in April which as we all know generally gets hiked up as most families take their kids while they are on Easter vacation. I am booking mine now for January and might book for April also. Similar deals from Miami and LA. Just go to LAN's website( lan.com) and do it before they cut it off.

FYI, the best available price from LAX to Lima in late January was $534 all inclusive on this deal. I need to see if I can cut loose some time to go do this.

Pablo for Fun
11-24-08, 00:36
Anyone want to hang out on these days, let me know?
Lima days will be 11/29, 11/30, 12/6
Cusco days will be 12/1 to 12/5

This is my first time, so I welcome any suggestions. My plan so far is to sight see in Lima during the day time and play at night time (pro, non-pro).

I think I need to book a hotel, and because I don't know the area better I'm thinking of staying at a hostel just to meet people - I hope that is a good idea.

LongMarch
11-30-08, 19:08
Is there a way to get from Perú to Bolivia by avoiding Immigracion on both sides?

Bartonsky
12-01-08, 05:22
I plan to be in Peru in February. What area is best to stay? I am looking at an apt and he mentions: miraflores, San Isidro and Barranco? I am more familiar with Buenos Aires. Is there a recoleta type area there?

Thanks

Jaimito Cartero
12-02-08, 08:02
BS,

You need to read the forums, and *not* post the same thing multiple times. If the software seems to be responding slow, load the page again to see if your original post shows up or not.

Member #4351
12-02-08, 14:50
Since he isn´t a senior member Jackson checks his posts first, ergo the delay.

Jaimito Cartero
12-02-08, 20:13
Since he isn´t a senior member Jackson checks his posts first, ergo the delay.

Ah, I hadn't even thought of that. :)

Dos Lunas
12-03-08, 07:33
Checked Kayak, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia and others over several days including LAN. Expedia gave me the best deal relative to dates, times, and direct flight. However, I did see even better deals among these sites as low as $540 but it required 2 stop overs on the way for 45 min each to Guatemala and Costa Rica.

Jaimito Cartero
12-04-08, 06:13
That's not a great deal on LAN, but not horrible, either. You could probably fly to NYC, and get the direct Continental flight, and still come out a bit cheaper, if you wanted a bunch more miles. More people aren't that enthused about miles, though. :)

Have you checked the flights on Lan's site? The US site gives a 3% discount if you buy there, and doesn't charge a booking fee. You'd save $20 or so, if you can get the flights you want.

Dos Lunas
12-04-08, 08:05
That's not a great deal on LAN, but not horrible, either. You could probably fly to NYC, and get the direct Continental flight, and still come out a bit cheaper, if you wanted a bunch more miles. More people aren't that enthused about miles, though. :)

Have you checked the flights on Lan's site? The US site gives a 3% discount if you buy there, and doesn't charge a booking fee. You'd save $20 or so, if you can get the flights you want.Tried LAN direct but they wanted $850. Of course I forgot to consult the wizard, Jaimito Cartero, during my search, which could have saved me some more $ as you did for my Bs As trip. I won't forget next time!

Paintergle
12-04-08, 16:14
I will be in Lima dec 22- 29 staying at the eucaliptus rm 5, anybody in town want to meet up for lunch, drinks, whatever I am easy to get along with, 53 fit, and david I amy need some hook ups from you if your in town then, and sly any parties that week? Looking forward to a great time. Advance thank you to all on this form and the information.

Greg

Member #4351
12-05-08, 16:01
No problem, but I have no idea of what the "eucaliptus" is. I don´t imagine you are staying in a tree. If you haven´t paid Jackson his $19.95 to have the option of PMing, I suggest you do so.

Pinga
12-09-08, 01:29
Its official, I bought my RT from NYC for $405 and will be traveling in late January. Maybe this time I can attend one of Sly's parties or meet up with fellow mongers. I just read in today's Daily News that Peru set the world record for the biggest seafood dish at 6.2 tons in Callao.

Jaimito Cartero
12-09-08, 08:53
LAN just loaded a coach fare to or from Lima-Quito for $12 plus tax, round trip. Works in reverse, too. Add all the nasty little taxes, and it comes to $94-$99 all in. I thought I'd post this little nugget for those living in Peru and need to travel to UIO. About $300 less than the next competitor.

Remember if you buy on the US www.lan.com site, you save 3% too. I see dates from Christmas and later, but I haven't researched the fare very much. I think you have to buy tickets by Dec 11th.

Jockey16
12-09-08, 10:13
I received an offer from LAN to fly LAX to Lima for $416 RT.

I went to their site and found the offer, tried to book for mid March, but when I got to the last page, the website would not honor it.

Call lan.com (option # 3) and was told to make a reservation just to 'freeze' the reservation. Wrote and called them to confirm that they had received my email and asked for instructions since the reservation would only be held for 24 hrs.

Was told not to worry since I had done all I could do and that my reservation would be extended in the event that my reservation would be honored. I included copies of every step of my reservation.

To make a story short, I called again and was told that they could not honored my reservation because IT HAD EXPIRED.

I wrote to the back office (salesatbo. Lan.com) and finally was asked to write to customer service and was told that they would investigate my case and would let me know in 10 working days.

I have advised them that I would report this case of false advertisement to the diferent governmental consumer entities and the radio and tv consumer programs.

Waiting for their answer.

Later,

Jockey16

LAN just loaded a coach fare to or from Lima-Quito for $12 plus tax, round trip. Works in reverse, too. Add all the nasty little taxes, and it comes to $94-$99 all in. I thought I'd post this little nugget for those living in Peru and need to travel to UIO. About $300 less than the next competitor.

Remember if you buy on the US www.lan.com site, you save 3% too. I see dates from Christmas and later, but I haven't researched the fare very much. I think you have to buy tickets by Dec 11th.

Lima Busy
12-09-08, 19:24

I am sure these fares will go fast for guy's on Visa runs (cheapest option), and might come in handy for those mongers interested in (rumoured, Quito-Tehran)direct flights!

Jaimito Cartero
12-09-08, 19:57
I received an offer from LAN to fly LAX to Lima for $416 RT.

I went to their site and found the offer, tried to book for mid March, but when I got to the last page, the website would not honor it.

All travel websites have some glitches. I've booked a few flights on LAN, and never had much problems. If you can't book it on LAN and it's a publicly available fare, I would always try and book it on another site. www.expedia.com often works well. You can also try to enter the dates of your trip into http://matrix.itasoftware.com/cvg/dispatch and choose the cheapest fare by specific date or monthly. If you see the fare on there, select it, and then have it list the exact routing. This way you can select it on Expedia, or lan.com

$416 is quite cheap. Was this for a round trip, or one way fare? It's been awhile since I've seen fares in this price range. People often don't read the fine print in these offers. I checked for valid fares on ExpertFlyer, and they do list a LAN fare of $418, but I'd guess that they haven't released any seats for it. The fare basis is: QLECK517.

I get emails from LAN, and in going back the last month, the cheapest I see is $488 plus taxes, which is not bad from LAX. I'd guess $560 total with taxes. However, just because they advertise a fare, doesn't mean that they'll have seats on the day you want. :)

Kuttappan
12-10-08, 06:48
Flying out in few hours!!! I am visiting a south american country for the first time. I chose Peru because of all the reports in the Peru forums. I am looking forward to bring back a lot of good memories.

Jaimito Cartero
12-10-08, 07:16
Flying out in few hours!!! I am visiting a south american country for the first time. I chose Peru because of all the reports in the Peru forums. I am looking forward to bring back a lot of good memories.

You should find a lot of interesting stuff to do here. At least most of the people in the street look happy. Perhaps it's because of Christmas!

Lokman
12-16-08, 20:40
In Lima now. Any younger punters (I'm under 30) looking for a punting partner let me know!

I'm more into Emmanuelle’s and VIP ladies scene though. not really into heading to Tequila Rocks or under S./150 girls though etc, although it could happen!

IamLookin
12-19-08, 18:36
I am trying to decide where to go but I have been told many chicas are with their families that week. Anyone have an opinion on that ?

Lima Busy
12-20-08, 01:05
I am trying to decide where to go but I have been told many chicas are with their families that week. Anyone have an opinion on that ?
It is more or less the same all over Lam.

Jaimito Cartero
12-20-08, 01:11
Given the right contacts and money in your wallet, you can almost always find chicas. Maybe not on Christmas or New Years day, but other than that, you should be able to cope.

Davidb3069
12-20-08, 16:53
I'm a Quito, Ecuador ex-pat traveling to Lima (Miraflores) from 12/27 to 1/2. I am staying at the Radisson Miraflores. What should I be paying for taxi fare from the airport to the Radison? This is my first time to Lima and I don't have a lot of time to research, unfortunately. I bought a couple of the $100 LAN tickets. What's the average taxi fare for a day trip of 15-20 minutes? Comparible fare in Quito would be about $1.50-$2.00.

What's the main tourist area in Lima/Miraflores that is similar to Jose Calama y Reina Victoria in Quito? Bars similar to Shooters?

Thank you in advance for the help.

David B.

Lima Busy
12-20-08, 17:58
Official airport taxi (green taxi)is only S./45 to Miraflores. The Radisson Decapolis is smack dab in the heart of Miraflores and any place in Miraflores is a S./4 taxi ride or a 5-10 min walk. Central Lima (historic district) about S./10 and takes about 30 min (depending on traffic).

As you are here for the holidays you will pay maybe 1-2 soles more for most taxi's,especially at night. Never been in Quito(never will) so I can't compare areas.

It is summer here now and Miraflores has a major "beach vibe" going on!

Jaimito Cartero
12-20-08, 21:04
I've never paid more than 30 soles for the Airport to Miraflores taxi ride. As others have noted, go outside the exit door, and head left. One guy recently said he paid 20 soles.

When I came to LIM last month, guys were shouting out prices, and I said "30", the guy said "40". I kept walking. He then said $20 US, which is more than 60 soles. They must think tourists are idiots.

Davidb3069
12-22-08, 23:20
Official airport taxi (green taxi)is only S./45 to Miraflores. The Radisson Decapolis is smack dab in the heart of Miraflores and any place in Miraflores is a S./4 taxi ride or a 5-10 min walk. Central Lima (historic district) about S./10 and takes about 30 min (depending on traffic).

As you are here for the holidays you will pay maybe 1-2 soles more for most taxi's,especially at night. Never been in Quito(never will) so I can't compare areas.

It is summer here now and Miraflores has a major "beach vibe" going on!

Thanks for the information. I will do checks before I leave to know what clothes to pack.

I would expect to pay a little more at night. Even here, it's 50 cents more at night (at a minimum) after 9pm (every day but Sunday, which is 7pm).

I'm assuming Lima is like Colombia where the best exchange rates are derived from ATM machines? I saw posts on the exchange rates upwards of 3.08.

All info is appreciated.

David B.

Davidb3069
12-22-08, 23:22
I've never paid more than 30 soles for the Airport to Miraflores taxi ride. As others have noted, go outside the exit door, and head left. One guy recently said he paid 20 soles.

When I came to LIM last month, guys were shouting out prices, and I said "30", the guy said "40". I kept walking. He then said $20 US, which is more than 60 soles. They must think tourists are idiots.

A lot of tourists are idiots :) I get in about noon on LAN so I won't be up against the night hustlers at least for my first fare.

David B.

Smokers Rule
12-24-08, 22:26
I will be in Lima for the first time from 12/25 to 1/10.

If anyone would like to get together, let me know :)

Miraflores Apt
01-01-09, 19:50
Anybody in town NOW that wants to trade up to the "Bachelor pad" it is open till the 14th of Jan (only $65. 00 a night). Great place to party with your girlfriend by the pool!

PM me.

MA

Miraflores Apt
01-03-09, 01:06
Anybody in town NOW that wants to trade up to the "Bachelor pad" it is open till the 14th of Jan (only $65. 00 a night). Great place to party with your girlfriend by the pool!

PM me.

MABut I have extended the lease to the end of the summer and can now offer some days for those of you who plan to be in Lima in February!

Jaimito Cartero
01-04-09, 12:05
If you use miles for flights, you should be aware of changes to some frequent flyer plans in the near future.

NW is one of the biggest changes. Going from 60k mileage for Biz class to 90k on January 15th. And these are the minimum miles. It can cost up to 180k if you choose the wrong time.

In general, I'd recommend burning any miles you have, as it's doubtful they'll be worth more next year.

For 2009 I have 1 1/2 paid trips, and 3 1/2 reward trips so far.

Artisttyp
01-04-09, 14:27
If you use miles for flights, you should be aware of changes to some frequent flyer plans in the near future.

NW is one of the biggest changes. Going from 60k mileage for Biz class to 90k on January 15th. And these are the minimum miles. It can cost up to 180k if you choose the wrong time.

In general, I'd recommend burning any miles you have, as it's doubtful they'll be worth more next year.

For 2009 I have 1 1/2 paid trips, and 3 1/2 reward trips so far.

LAN sent me an email saying they were changing their rewards program as well. Luckily all mine are wrapped up in chase reward points that are good for 5 years. I may hold on to these for a LONG time.

Although I must say the amount of people traveling for christmas was startlingly low. There was quiet an eerie feeling at the airport.

I tried using my 25,000 on US Airways a few months ago but that wouldn't even get me to san diego. It could have a year earlier.

Jet blue doesn't accept cash on board their planes anymore. I am curious to know what kind of debit card fee there is to purchase the $1 head phones they offer ?

I'm just waiting for it to get worse and it will.

Jaimito Cartero
01-05-09, 11:47
Luckily all mine are wrapped up in chase reward points that are good for 5 years. I may hold on to these for a LONG time.

Although I must say the amount of people traveling for christmas was startlingly low. There was quiet an eerie feeling at the airport.

I tried using my 25,000 on US Airways a few months ago but that wouldn't even get me to san diego. It could have a year earlier.

I don't know of any reward program that is getting better. Even credit card programs often devalue, so I wouldn't count on the program being the same five years down the road.

US Scareways suck for awards. I burned my last 30k on an Indonesia to Saigon RT in Biz for 30k. They have added all sorts of fees since then, I think. I'd try and book an inter-South America or Asia trip with the miles. That'd probably be the best value for those miles. They also expire quickly, so keep an eye on them.

All my CO flights to LIM after Thanksgiving and in the middle of December were 100% full.

Maxisol
01-12-09, 00:16
Hello,

I'm a peruvian guy who lives in Europe- I'm visiting my country in february after three years, and I'm planning of course to find some nice girl company! ;)

I speak perfect spanish and can help anybody who wants some help finding or contacting chicas out there, so anybody who wants to go out and take a beer some day just send me a message.

See you guys!

Maxi

Mikluha
01-14-09, 15:23
I am planning to be in Iquitos for a week Jan. 16-23. Would be happy to meet other members while there.

Also, a question to those who know Iquitos: is Eldorado Plaza Hotel chica-friendly? There is also hotel El Dorado (without a "plaza" in its name), and Victoria Reggia, and Maranon. Where would you recommend to stay, for the optimum combination of room quality, chica-friendliness, availability of a swimming pool and of course price?

And, if I may, a question about jungle trips: what can one do to see the amazon jungle without spending several days and going very far from Iquitos? Like, making a day or two-day trips, perhaps?

Lima Busy
01-14-09, 20:01
You may get a better response if you post this in the Iquitos thread as well!
Suerte,
LB

I am planning to be in Iquitos for a week Jan. 16-23. Would be happy to meet other members while there.

Also, a question to those who know Iquitos: is Eldorado Plaza Hotel chica-friendly? There is also hotel El Dorado (without a "plaza" in its name), and Victoria Reggia, and Maranon. Where would you recommend to stay, for the optimum combination of room quality, chica-friendliness, availability of a swimming pool and of course price?

And, if I may, a question about jungle trips: what can one do to see the amazon jungle without spending several days and going very far from Iquitos? Like, making a day or two-day trips, perhaps?

LongMarch
01-21-09, 14:25
Yup. That's correct. I am getting thrown out of my "arriendo/pieza" (I. E. Rental room). For simply have two different women over in a span of 5 days.

On top of that, the chica and I were too loud when we were having sex. From smashing cabezas into the wall as well as the mattress into the sueldo.

Yup these Chilenos are "mojigatos" (prudish people). They don't have a clue how to enjoy life. All they can talk about is how good their economy is.

Freaking pathetic country if you ask me.

In any event, I'll be on way up to Perú a little bit before February 15th.

ĄViva El Perú!

Levantaa
01-24-09, 08:15
I'm going to check out some of the night clubs in Lima Centro sometime this week. They have a dedicated following on the Spanish board but there's virtually no information here (probably because they're pretty self-evidently not worth the trouble if you have more money than time!) PM me if you'd like to join in.

Blizz
01-24-09, 13:07
Hi,

Would be great to meet up with other members, for exploring the city and fun together. I booked my ticket to Lima, arriving on 17th of feb.

I am coming from Europe and this will be my first time in Peru. I am pretty familair with P4P in SE Asia. However never went the other way to South America, so any advice would be appreciated.

Some questions (I did read this forum before posting):

- Would it be possible to bring Euro's and exchange them, or would ATM give good value as well. (Don't want to change Euro into Dollars)

- I am planning on staying in Lima 2x 1 week max. Would it be better to get a chica friendly hotel or an apartment, considering the price and comfort.

Thanks and perhaps see you in Lima.

Blizz

Member #4351
01-25-09, 15:29
Levantaa, wait and see how much those clubs charge you and what you get for your money, THEN talk about money and time.

Blizz, you can easily exchange Euros in soles. Stay in an apartment.

Artisttyp
01-25-09, 15:47
I'm going to check out some of the night clubs in Lima Centro sometime this week. They have a dedicated following on the Spanish board but there's virtually no information here (probably because they're pretty self-evidently not worth the trouble if you have more money than time!) PM me if you'd like to join in.

Most of those centro clubs are for drinks only. A girl will sit down chat with you and order a drink. She will then try to get you to take her to a private "champagne" type lounge for 50 soles. From what I hear not much happens back there.

My advice would be to just go have a beer not expecting much. If you happen to vibe with a girl maybe buy her a beer and get her number for afterwork purposes.

If you stick to that concept you could hit 4/5 of those bars in one night and understand the scene very quickly. You will find that it is more frustrating than anything else.

The place you might want to do more investigating is avenida la marina. There you can go to similar type places but have the option of having a session at a hostel next door. The clubs usually have a deal going on with a hostel. You buy the girl a drink in the club then work out something for the session. I've never done it but I know it is available.

Carolinaman
01-26-09, 06:00
Hi,

Would be great to meet up with other members, for exploring the city and fun together. I booked my ticket to Lima, arriving on 17th of feb.

I am coming from Europe and this will be my first time in Peru. I am pretty familair with P4P in SE Asia. However never went the other way to South America, so any advice would be appreciated.

Some questions (I did read this forum before posting):

- Would it be possible to bring Euro's and exchange them, or would ATM give good value as well. (Don't want to change Euro into Dollars)

- I am planning on staying in Lima 2x 1 week max. Would it be better to get a chica friendly hotel or an apartment, considering the price and comfort.

Thanks and perhaps see you in Lima.

Blizz

Blizz...I see that you are not set up to receive PM's.
You might want to consider this since it makes it easier to communicate privately. For example if I am going to be there at the same time you are I normally would not want to put my phone number or location that I am staying on the board. BTW It is my first visit to Lima for fun in that the other times have been for business and were limited in duration.

Member #4351
01-26-09, 18:06
Yes, pay Jackson his $19.95.

Peter Pan 2
01-28-09, 18:04
Hi,

I am a Dutch businessman and will visit Lima for the first time Feb 1-11. Would love to meet up with fellow mongerers for drinks, lunch, etc. Any good tips on the local jewels much appreciated also. Hope to meet a few of you who make this board into such a great source of information.

PP2

Artisttyp
02-01-09, 23:06
I will be in lima from march 3 to april 3. I expect to get into alot of trouble (the good kind). If anyone is around I'd love to grab a beer.

La Ley 14
02-02-09, 21:11
Hello all,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I'm a non-white mid 30s peruvian american. I'm a pretty active guy who lives and works near the NY area. I'm fairly conservative so the whole mongering concept is relatively new to me; new in that I always thought I wouldn't have the nerve to do it. Well two years ago I was with taxi driver friend who was driving me around after a long night of drinking. We ended up at the Eclipse. My memory is a little blurry but I ended up taking a gorgeous girl back to my apt, it was well worth it. Ever since then I've been to Peru at least three times each of the last couple of years. Besides Eclipse I've only gone to Club69 and Emmanuelle (my favorite). These places are not cheap. The entrance fee is 50 soles and so are drinks. Girls are $100 and up. This is all the mongering I want to do and I'm not looking to explore more than that. I use to have a friend who accompanied me last couple of times but he can't make it this year. If you think your up to try these places base on what you read on this forum let me know and we can meet up for a beer in Miraflores. Preferably fellows in my age range so its not awkward if we hang out. Please feel free to PM, good luck all.

La Ley

La Ley 14
02-02-09, 21:22
Hello all,

I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I'm a non-white mid 30s peruvian american. I'm a pretty active guy who works and lives near the NYC area. I'm also fairly conservative so the whole mongering concept is relatively new to me; new in that I always thought I wouldn't have the nerve to do it. Well, two years ago I was with a taxi driver friend who was driving me around after a long night of drinking. We ended up at the Eclipse. My memory is a little blurry but I ended up taking a gorgeous girl back to my apt and spent an awsome night-morning together. Ever since then I've been to Peru at least three times each of the last couple of years. Besides Eclipse I've only gone to Club69 and Emmanuelle (my favorite). These places are not cheap. The entrance fee is 50 soles and so are drinks. Girls are $100 and up. This is all the mongering I want to do and I'm not looking to explore more than that. I use to have a friend who accompanied me last couple of times but he can't make it this year. If you think your up to try these places base on what you read on this forum let me know and we can meet up for a beer in Miraflores. Preferably fellows in my age range so its not awkward if we hang out. Please feel free to PM, good luck all.

La Ley

Jaimito Cartero
02-18-09, 20:40
If you're heading to Lima in the next few months, you might want to check out the sale. East Coast and West Coast cities for $500 or less, in most cases.

Polvo
02-19-09, 18:17
If you're heading to Lima in the next few months, you might want to check out the sale. East Coast and West Coast cities for $500 or less, in most cases. What airline??

Polvo

Jaimito Cartero
02-19-09, 19:05
What airline??

Polvo

Various airlines. Check out this link:

http://airfare.travelzoo.com/international-airfare/538791?utm_source=top20_us&utm_medium=email_top20

TheOtherOne
02-23-09, 05:09
I will be in Lima March 27 to April 3. Anyone that will be there during that time, lets get together to have a beer? I am staying at Maria Luisa hotel.

Menteng
03-01-09, 19:43
Will be in Lima soon. Any info on ATM's at the airport and Miraflores? I don't feel comfortable travelling with cash.

Echob
03-01-09, 21:03
I will be in Lima March 19 to 25th. Anyone that will be there during that time, and is interested, lets get together to have a beer. I am staying at Maria Luisa hotel.

Artisttyp
03-01-09, 22:37
Will be in Lima soon. Any info on ATM's at the airport and Miraflores? I don't feel comfortable travelling with cash.I recommend you bring at least $100 in cash. I could not find a working atm at the airport last time. There are two money exchanges in the baggage claim area. Use the one that offers no service charge and watch out for fake bills and coins (all over lima!).

Once in Miraflores you can use the Citi Bank ATMs next to the McDonalds across the street from the huge store "Saga Falabella". I've never had any problems with it.

Menteng
03-02-09, 13:40
Use the one that offers no service charge and watch out for fake bills and coins (all over lima!).

Do you mean that even that changer will give fake bills and coins? And how does a newb like me will know the difference?

Member #4351
03-02-09, 15:54
As I PMd you, there is a yellow ATM machine which worked fine last time I checked, about 20 meters in front of your nose as you leave customs. NEVER change money with the money changers in the airport. Also NEVER rent a phone from the cuties who try to grab you as you enter baggage reception.

Artisttyp
03-02-09, 16:05
Do you mean that even that changer will give fake bills and coins? And how does a newb like me will know the difference?Even a bank will give you a fake bill in lima! You will soon figure out what money is fake and what isn't. Normally I smell the bills. Money smells like money.

I once got stuck with a fake 50 soles bill ($17) and I was really pissed off....never again.

I would still bring some cash. The yellow atm that david mentioned did not accept my "plus" debit card last time.

I've never had trouble changing a little money at the airport. I always ask for it in small bills just in case they give me a fake one. Usually it's just enough to get to miraflores and a meal or two before I can get to the citi bank machine.

Member #4351
03-02-09, 16:10
You won´t have any problem changing money, the problem is the exchange rate. It is unbelievably poor.

Menteng
03-04-09, 18:33
As I PMd you, there is a yellow ATM machine which worked fine last time I checked, about 20 meters in front of your nose as you leave customs. NEVER change money with the money changers in the airport. Also NEVER rent a phone from the cuties who try to grab you as you enter baggage reception.Arrived yesterday at Lima airport and saw 2 ATM´s. Don´t know if there were more, but the ones I saw, of which I used one, worked.

Gruhmbards
03-05-09, 15:16
I will be arriving in Lima March 14th, will be gald to meet any forum member that should be there. I will be staying up to March 19th.

Franks229
03-10-09, 00:21
I will be in Lima 3/29-4/5.

I am rentining an appartment in Miraflores.

Lets get together for a beer.

Frank

I will be in Lima March 27 to April 3. Anyone that will be there during that time, lets get together to have a beer? I am staying at Maria Luisa hotel.

Gourmet
03-21-09, 21:20
I will be in Miraflores, rented apartment, from 25 March until April 1. If anyone is interested in sampling the local restaurant fare, with or without dates, I would like to have company. I'm interested in sampling the range of offerings, flora and fauna.

Member #4356
03-24-09, 07:36
I will be in Lima from March 25th to 30th.

Thanks to David33, LimaBusy, Sly and all regulars that keep the Lima thread so entertaining and informative. And a special shout to SushiLover, his pictures of the finest breasts in Lima convinced me to book a ticket. And apparently I'm not the only one, since all you pervs have overbooked the maria Luisa. (found a hotel nearby that D33 said his friend found acceptable)

I intend to sample Lima's renowned restaurants, geisha experiences at Relax y Vida, students partying at Bierhaus, and hopefully a chica who looks like she could be in a telenovela etc. (stated in order of difficulty)

Would love to meet up with a fellow traveler. Jackson assures me my IM will be turned on very shortly.

Vaughnyb1
03-25-09, 16:25
Hi,

I've Lived in lima for 2 years.

I'm American.

Let me know if I can help you out whille your here or we can have a beer or something.

PM me.

Vaughn

John Gault
03-31-09, 22:06
The Bad news - I just got 30 days community service.
The Good news- They will let me serve it in Lima.
I will be helping the poor downtroden Chicas who need a few Soles.( Must be at least a 7)
April 1st to the 30th.
Reports to follow.

DownUnderMonger
04-12-09, 00:18
Back in Lima & Peru in June.

However will be bus-ing it up from Lima to Guayaquil (or Quito but haven't decided). I'm naming the tour Trocodero to Calle 18.

Hoping to visit every small town chongo on the way.

Bludot4743
04-16-09, 01:41
I will be in Lima 3/29-4/5.

I am rentining an appartment in Miraflores.

Lets get together for a beer.

FrankI will be in Lima on the 17 0f April until the 25.

Does anyone will to show a newbiee around?

Hit me up.

Black Brad Pitt
04-30-09, 20:35
Will be in Peru May 10-14th. If anyone is available to show me around. That would be great. Also lookin for affordable girl friendly places to stay. I found a few places but still open to anything new.

Kuznetsov82
05-02-09, 21:34
I will be in Lima from May 11, would be interested in meeting someone that can show me around, I hear the guy David33 has ways of introducing to various women, I would be interested in that, willing to pay of course.

Kuznetsov82
05-02-09, 23:26
I'm 26, will be in Lima from May 11 for the first time, anyone to show me around I read here David33 can introduce to women, I would be interested, of course will pay for services.

Hope to get a reply.

Purecuntry
05-06-09, 06:23
Will be in Lima from 6 May for a week. I'm setting up some businesses, so unfortunately, I won't be able to stay for my 2 weeks vacation. Instead, will be traveling to Quito and Bogota the second week. Poor me!

Anyways, would love to connect with a couple of cool members here of a similar age group; 25-40, for some conquistador activities. This is trip #16 for me, and I have some knowledge of both pro and NP action, and a few freaky ex's that have freaky friends. I'll be activating the message service tonight, and paying the well-deserved fee.

Thanks Jackson and all fellow mongerers.

Purecuntry
05-06-09, 06:45
Will be in Lima for the 16th time for 1 week, starting on the 6th. Will be starting a business if all goes well, then traveling up to Quito and on to Bogota the next week.
Looking for any similar mongerers, english/spanish speaking, 25-40, easy going and attractive to hang with as wingmen for conquests.

I know quite a few of the pro and NP spots and girls, and have a few freak ex's with freak friends.

Also know no star, unmarked hostal in Chorillos near main transportation for 50 soles/day. Clean, secure and safe, just the basics. No questions asked.

I just paid for the membership, I should've done it sooner, we all should, but I'll be able to PM in 24 hours.

Member #4351
05-06-09, 21:04
Kuznetsov82,

I suggest you pay Jackson his $19.95 so that you will be able to send and receive PMs.

Black Brad Pitt
05-07-09, 20:40
Will be in Lima for the 16th time for 1 week, starting on the 6th. Will be starting a business if all goes well, then traveling up to Quito and on to Bogota the next week.

Looking for any similar mongerers, english/spanish speaking, 25-40, easy going and attractive to hang with as wingmen for conquests.

I know quite a few of the pro and NP spots and girls, and have a few freak ex's with freak friends.

Also know no star, unmarked hostal in Chorillos near main transportation for 50 soles/day. Clean, secure and safe, just the basics. No questions asked.

I just paid for the membership, I should've done it sooner, we all should, but I'll be able to PM in 24 hours.I'm a first timer to Lima purecuntry. I don't speak spanish though but willing to hang out with ya since you know a few spots and I don't.

Purecuntry
05-09-09, 22:44
I'm a first timer to Lima purecuntry. I don't speak spanish though but willing to hang out with ya since you know a few spots and I don't.Sounds cool, bro. I'll be around. But you have to pay Jackson his dues to use the PM service to send contact details.

He deserves it anyways, this site is fucking genius. All we need to do now is form a multinational corporation and start opening our own businesses. Kind of like a Co-op of Relax! HAHAHA.

Member #3437
05-15-09, 18:25
To Lim May 31st for a little while, then onto Argentina. Who will be around? I will be staying in miraflores.

Lima Busy
05-15-09, 20:00
To Lim May 31st for a little while, then onto Argentina. Who will be around? I will be staying in miraflores.
You coming solo or bringing "stretch"?

Polvo
05-15-09, 20:41
To Lim May 31st for a little while, then onto Argentina. Who will be around? ........

Color me there.

Suerte!

Polvo

Legal Tender
05-16-09, 07:35
I'm going to be in Lima for 10 days in June. I'm meeting my Colombian girlfriend there. Yea, I know don't bring sand to the beach, but I am. She is a lawyer, a "normal" girl.

Under these circumstances, any recommendations on an apartment or hotel. Now, I trying to figure out how to escape once or twice. I want my cake and eat it, too.

Member #3437
05-16-09, 18:24
You coming solo or bringing "stretch"?

Strech can't come. I did take him with me recently to Asia, and that was a funny time.

BTW, Is it time to post those pics yet? Richard still MIA?

Lima Busy
05-16-09, 23:40
Strech can't come. I did take him with me recently to Asia, and that was a funny time.

BTW, Is it time to post those pics yet? Richard still MIA?
Sorry to hear that! Richard showed up finally a few months back and was not happy (We) had changed his name to "Dead Richard". If you remember "Iraqi Mike" and "Shang-Hi Dave" well, Iraqi Mike was here a few weeks ago and has now changed his name to "Afghani Mike" for obvious reasons and will not be back to Lima for another year! As far as "Shang-Hi" he is MIA, but I hear he is still alive!

Legal Tender, take a look in the "hotel section" there is stuff there for every budget! If you are looking to impress the "Radisson Decapolis" is across the street from the "Miraflores Penthouse"(best location in Miraflores) just google it to see and book online!

If you are here when the others are I am sure they will be happy to have you tag along (if) you get a free night!
suerte,
LB

Member #3437
05-18-09, 14:17
Sorry to hear that! Richard showed up finally a few months back and was not happy (We) had changed his name to "Dead Richard".
suerte,
LB

Damn! I was about to pull the trigger and post those pics.

First time I was ever sad to hear someone wasn't dead.

:-)

Polvo
05-18-09, 21:01
....First time I was ever sad to hear someone wasn't dead.....

I was quite relieved. I didn't want to change the directory entry on my phone from "Drunk Richard" to "Dead Richard".

Suerte!

Polvo

Member #3437
05-19-09, 15:30
I was quite relieved. I didn't want to change the directory entry on my phone from "Drunk Richard" to "Dead Richard".

Suerte!

Polvo

hahahahahaha.

I will never forget my first night in Lima and my subsequent squabble with Richard in the bar, followed by me warning Richard to back off or face the consequences, followed by a lecture from Butch about how to ignore Richard and live and let live....followed by Butch pushing Richard out the door into the street in front of a Van, who stopped one inch short of running Drunk Richard over.

Classic travel memories......ahhhhhhh.

Etienne
05-29-09, 05:13
Hi,

Newbie in Peru starting May 30 night for a week. Anyone wants to hang out? like they say, the more the merrier! Just don't count on me for any decent traduction!

Member #4351
05-31-09, 17:45
Since LAN has raised its requirements for top freq. flier status, I now have to fly 90,000 km. a year including three RT business class flights. Last year it was 50,000 km. and two business class flights. Since the cheapest qualifying business class flights from Lima are to Bs As, I usually fly there. The prices have never changed in the past. Always around $1200 plus taxes. This price stayed steady whether purchasing far in advance, or at the last minute.

I'm going next week for a few days and checked out the LAN site this morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see a price of $624 RT in business (without taxes) half the usual fare. TACA has come out with real cheap business class flights, and maybe this is why LAN has dropped the fares. Needless to say, I got out the credit card and locked in the price.

Lordunderground2
06-02-09, 23:55
Hey everyone,

I'll be getting into Lima tomorrow night June 3rd and staying till the 5th and flying out either the 5 going into the 6th on a redeye flight back to the States if anyone wants to get together or if anyone knows of anything going on Pm. And we'll get together.

Bandito Azul
06-03-09, 07:12
Signed up for subscription and waiting for Jackson to authorize so I can PM David_33

Speak some Spanish - in town until Saturday, looking for something fun to do, I have an asian preference so thats always a plus. Having read some of these posts it seems I am missing out on a lot of fun!

My days are full but my nights are pretty free. I obtained a local cellphone and am used to the scene in Panama but from reading here it seems I am an amateur ;) Staying in a nice hotel but no idea on its chica policy. Discretion better part of valor?

Any other suggestions? Can the 24 hours pass quick enough - I feel like some action on Friday night after a heavy week!

Choch999
06-07-09, 17:30
I will only have two days. My plan is to stay at ML. During the day I want to go to relax y vida #3, then gamble a bit. What is the best casino for poker and blackjack? After that I plan on going to TR in Miraflores and if I can not find anything there I will go to Emmanual and bring something home from there. In any free time I plan on calling some escorts from Perutops. Does this sound good for a two day trip?

I know there is internet at the ML, do I need a converter in that hotel. I have been to Peru before but forget what I need to power my computer. ANy other advice?

Always Randy
06-08-09, 05:09
Hi Choch,

I am at the ML right now. For my computer, my power supply is able to convert the 220 volts. It says it accepts a range of 100-240 volts. I presume it's the same for most laptops but take a look at your power bar.

As for the plug, the ML takes 2 round pins (no ground plug) so you will need an adapter. I am lucky as I am staying in the front of the hotel close to their wireless box in the lobby so can get Internet in my room. Most other rooms I think are out of range. That's why I see people in the lobby with their computers. But who wants to read ISG there!

There are Internet cafes close to the hotel and pretty cheap. 2 to 3 soles per hour. Also a computer is available in the lobby.

Oh bonus for ML, I just found it as I am typing. Flpping channels and come across a naked woman doing what? 116 is a porn channel!

Bring a flashlight. The power went out for an hour last night in Miraflores.
Or candles which can do double duty for setting the mood with your chicas!

Have fun!

I will only have two days. My plan is to stay at ML. During the day I want to go to relax y vida #3, then gamble a bit. What is the best casino for poker and blackjack? After that I plan on going to TR in Miraflores and if I can not find anything there I will go to Emmanual and bring something home from there. In any free time I plan on calling some escorts from Perutops. Does this sound good for a two day trip?

I know there is internet at the ML, do I need a converter in that hotel. I have been to Peru before but forget what I need to power my computer. ANy other advice?

John Gault
06-08-09, 22:09

For Casino action go to Atlantic City Casino in Miraflores. A beautiful place, and some pretty dealers.
You can walk there from the ML.

Love Lima123
07-27-09, 14:30
I am understanding there is a " Peruvian Fourth of July" going on there...

Would I have difficulties in finding a Hotel/Apt and an airline ticket to Cusco ?

Thanks.

Lima Busy
07-27-09, 18:02
I am understanding there is a " Peruvian Fourth of July" going on there...

Would I have difficulties in finding a Hotel/Apt and an airline ticket to Cusco ?

Thanks.
Tue/Wed is the Holiday, most festivities have been scaled down or canceled do to H1N1. If your flexible you should not have a problem getting a flight and I am sure there are hotels vacant in Cusco.

Polvo
07-29-09, 16:53
Lima Busy alerted me to the latest economics disaster. It appears that Spirit Airlines is scaling back operations to Lima and from September 1, 2009 will only be flying on a Saturday from Fort Lauderdale to Lima and returning on the Sunday night (arrive Monday at sparrow's fart).

No publicity from the airline but try and book a seat and it tells you to [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) off.

Spirit are a terrible airline - but they are/were cheap!

Polvo.

(sorry if the title got you excited, Artisttyp)

La Ley 14
07-29-09, 23:21
No publicity from the airline but try and book a seat and it tells you to [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) off.

Spirit are a terrible airline - but they are/were cheap!

Polvo.

(sorry if the title got you excited, Artisttyp)Thanks for the heads up. I just had to reset my trip for Sept, this time its Continental.

LL14

La Ley 14
08-10-09, 22:14
Maybe hang out over a couple of beers, feel free to pm.

I'll be around Larcomar and hitting the corner bar frequently catching games.

Go Big Blue!

Good luck all,

LL14

Caballero Oscuro
08-11-09, 04:04
After spending ample time in the DR, Colombia and Argentina, I'll be spending a week in Lima. Although, my primary purpose is to do a Spanish immersion program, I will of course indulge in a few chicas in my down time. I've read the forum in depth. Thanks fellas for all the good info.

RobbyPump
09-04-09, 17:44
Well here's the story guys. I'm a 40 year old guy who's finishing up college for the 2nd time. I've been given an opportunity, by a company interested in hiring me when I leave college, to spend up to 10 weeks in a Spanish speaking country learning to speak the language. I'm moving into petroleum production, and they have a lot of interests in South America and would like to have me understanding some Spanish when I get there.

So here's the requirements. I need to present them with a proposal as to how much a 10 week stay would cost. Of course I have secondary motives for wanting to spend an extended period in an exotic land, and so I come to you.

I need to find out why you think Peru is the place to go to spend time with the chicas. Really what I'd like is more semi or non pro action, particularly since I'll be there a while. I'd prefer to stay in a city away from the gringo occupied areas. I am supposed to be learning Spanish remember, so if everyone speaks English, I'll not make much progress. I'd also like any input you might have on how much a small house or apartment might cost for the 10 weeks.

Really I'm interested in any insight you might think would be useful to someone in my position. Incidentally, I do speak a small amount of Spanish already. I'm a middle class, average looking, middle aged white guy, who doesn't mind leaving suburban America to live in less the US standard accommodations.

I hope Jackson doesn't mind, but I'm thinking of posting this in quite a few different forums to get responses from each, but feel free to offer advice on any other countries you might think appropriate as well.

Hopefully come June of next year I'll be running a blog on how things are going, and chasing as much tail as I was during my fist stint in college. In the meantime, I hope to hear from all of you as to where I should spend my 10 week mid life crisis.

Oh. And learn Spanish too. Really.

===============================================

Hi RobbyPump,

I appreciate your intentions, but with all due respect, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is provided solely for the purpose of allowing members to announce their individual travel plans so they may connecting with other members who are also traveling to or who may live in the country.

Pursuant to this purpose, the Travel Plans & Announcements thread is routinely purged of it's posts as they quickly become irrelevant.

Experience has proven that when members post questions in the Travel Plans & Announcements thread, the thread quickly turns into a discussion thread.

The Forum provides numerous other threads for discussing visas, airlines, hotels, apartments for rent, restaurants, places to visit, where to find chicas, etc.

I would very much appreciate it if you would consider re-posting your question in one of these established threads.

Thanks,

Jackson

Viper10
09-07-09, 23:17
I will be in Lima for today and tomorrow if anyone wants to run the circuit. It is my first time in Lima, but I am a very experienced traveler and am fluent in Spanish. Thanks

Viper10

DownUnderMonger
09-11-09, 23:08
Hi,

I'll be back in Lima from 28th October till mid April 2010 - anyone up for chubby chasing - PM me!

Doc Bill
09-24-09, 05:42
Hi Guys,

I´m back. With a vengeance. So if anyone wants to go spinner-chasing gimme a holler!

Doc Bill
10-03-09, 07:36
Will be back Thurs. Oct 8 if anyone wants to come out and play. If you're a Cuban salsa lover I got two VIP Tix for (David Calzado and) Charanga Habanera el 10 oct. at Timbao. Anyone interested?

I would really like to pop my Trocadero cherry, so can someone volunteer to be my wingman - I'm skiddish about going out there alone, and besides it's more fun with two. Any takers on this? LB?

Lima Busy
10-04-09, 18:01
Will be back Thurs. Oct 8 if anyone wants to come out and play. If you're a Cuban salsa lover I got two VIP Tix for (David Calzado and) Charanga Habanera el 10 oct. at Timbao. Anyone interested?

I would really like to pop my Trocadero cherry, so can someone volunteer to be my wingman - I'm skiddish about going out there alone, and besides it's more fun with two. Any takers on this? LB?

I will take you out there when you get back!

Bigmic
10-05-09, 05:11
With schedule cut backs from Lauderdale to Lima just more reason to take SPIRIT as a LAST OPTION. No other carrier will take their tickets in case of mechanical problems/delays. Cheap base price but lots add ons from the nickel and dime operation. Newer Airbus planes on this route are ok once onboard but lots of hassles to get there. Not a big surprise given the management bloodlines from USAir marketing stock.

Jockey16
10-08-09, 04:55
Hey folks,

Wait for me!

I'll be in Lima for a few more days.

Send a Pm with the details.

Later,

Jockey16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Bill

Judd
10-11-09, 04:59
Hola Dudes,

I'll be in town the weekend of Oct 23rd, and again for a few days Nov 4th thru the 6th. Anyone wanting to meet up send me a PM.

Take Care,

Judd

Ramblingman
10-22-09, 01:52
I will be in Peru November 27 to December 6.

I would appreciate if someone could show me around.

Thank you!

Bottom Feeder
10-26-09, 22:16
I would like to learn Lima especially and down and dirty bars and locations for cheap sex. (I spend most of my time in Rio de Janerio at Villa Mimosa eg). Any ideas? I'd like to meet Lima Mongers!

BF

RedVine
11-01-09, 22:35
I'll be in Lima for a few weeks and would love to meet others who want to explore the scene. Anyone who wants to meet up - PM me.

Later,

Drubiak

Prof10
11-19-09, 21:40
Which is the better month to hit Lima? May (late) or June? Only have a small window for about 6 days. NOt looking for much in the way of sightseeing, but lots of indoor fun will be on the menu.

Bbrocs
12-02-09, 04:16
Hey all,

Me and three friends are in Lima for 8 days. We have some female contacts. Read david33's section for some day casita advice. Usually have Slyone recommend some women but he's out of town. Anyway looking for some semI's to meet and greet and hang and drink. If your interested for some hunting send a pm.

BB

John Gault
12-02-09, 15:14
Which is the better month to hit Lima? May (late) or June? Only have a small window for about 6 days. NOt looking for much in the way of sightseeing, but lots of indoor fun will be on the menu.
The nights will be a little warmer in May than June. The longer you wait the closer you are to Lima's winter. Bring a light jacket.

Member #4359
12-02-09, 17:29
I'll be in Lima for a couple of weeks in January. If anyone is interested in being or having a wingman or just meeting for a drink or something just let me know.

Artisttyp
12-02-09, 18:37
The nights will be a little warmer in May than June. The longer you wait the closer you are to Lima's winter. Bring a light jacket.June gets pretty damn cold. My biggest complaint was eating out with my winter jacket on. Most restauraunts do not have heat windows or doors.

In general lima has no concept of how to battle the winter.

Ho Whisperer
01-05-10, 03:24
Will be in Lima with bbrocs and two others with some Lima experience thru the 16th. Will be extending my stay thru the 21st solo. Anyone's dates coincide with these. Anyone interested in having some drinks and meeting some chicas.

Send me a pm.

Lima Busy
01-06-10, 21:35
The Penthouse is available from Jan 24-31 at $799.00. For this week only we are including a free session with Lima's newest GFE. Introduced by Doc Bill, she
has quickly become popular with guests of the Penthouse.

Naughty Nigel
01-10-10, 19:35
Hey Guys,

I'm in town for most of the week starting on Thursday night if anyone wants to meet up for a drink and compare notes. Looking to hit up some great dining establishments as well.

Nigel

John Sperm
01-15-10, 01:02
I just confirmed my flight for the time between Feb 22 and March 3rd ... I will be in Lima during that time.. for some of you that want to hang let me know.. here and I will foward you my local number. Now if my good friend Sly One.. Bud I owe you a bottle of Jack's ... anyone else that wants to hang out .. let me know.. and David if you read this see if you can arrange a meet with Paola.. thanks bud..

Doc Bill
01-17-10, 06:07
Hi Friends,

I just booked my trip and will be in Peru March 4-21. I might go to Tarapoto during that time for a few days, to try the ayahuasca ceremony, but if anyone else is going to be in Lima then feel free to holler at me!

John Gault
01-17-10, 15:58
Hi Friends,

I just booked my trip and will be in Peru March 4-21. I might go to Tarapoto during that time for a few days, to try the ayahuasca ceremony, but if anyone else is going to be in Lima then feel free to holler at me!
Hola Doc,
I have a round trip ticket to MDE from Jan. 25th to Mar. 31st. I may end up in Lima for the month of Mar. I'll give you a holler if I get there.

Lima Busy
01-17-10, 18:10
Hi Friends,

I am sure we will bump into each other!

Srslice
01-24-10, 03:19
I'll be in Lima during this time if anyone wants to hang out.

After a long Canadian Winter I will be ready to roll!

Happy trails.

Cagep1967
01-25-10, 20:05
I am taking my first trip to Peru next week from 2/4 thru 2/10. I have been doing some research and it seems all good. I'll be working during the day and plan on some fun during the evening. If any fellow ISGer wants to hook up for a beer and possibly show me around a little I'd appreciate it.

I usually do my mongering in DR or any city my business takes me too.

I have an ATT world phone, so PM me if you want to exchange information.

Cage.

Minutemaid
01-29-10, 00:07
Hi Friends,

I just booked my trip and will be in Peru March 4-21. I might go to Tarapoto during that time for a few days, to try the ayahuasca ceremony, but if anyone else is going to be in Lima then feel free to holler at me!I'm actually going to be in Lima from March 6 - 21. Maybe I'll see you around.

Member #4250
01-29-10, 01:35
Hola. Will be in Lima early Feb (1-5) then Piura-Mancora-Colan for a week then back Lima for about a week, eh. Now you know where I'm from, eh, so PM me if you think it worthwhile to hook up.

Lildick

Jaimito Cartero
02-06-10, 19:39
Lan has some reasonable sales to Lima from around the US. They also have Biz class seats out of LAX at $1239+, but you must start travel by March 1st.

http://www.lan.com/promociones/data/norteamerica/us/pe/viaje_lima-en-us.html

Doc Bill
02-18-10, 00:41
Hi Guys,

I'll be in Peru 3/5-21, Lima and Tarapoto. Hit me up if you'd like to get together!

Artisttyp
03-01-10, 22:54
As I am hurrying to get my ass into gear and head to the airport I check the LAN site again for the hell of it. My 10:30pm departure has now been turned back to 8:40pm. Add 3 hours early arrival time + god knows how long to get through NYC rush hour traffic and what do you have left? A monger that just missed his plane.

As expected LAN's telephone lines (USA) were not reachable.

What am I doing ? Even though it is a non refundable ticket my credit card company will dispute the claim for me. At least I can get flight credit for the amount. I have pdf files of all the necessary documents.

In a way I'm kind of glad. I had mixed feelings about going due to the earthquake.

I will sit this one out guys. Good luck to everybody down there and please be safe.

Your Buddy,

Artisttyp

Manizales911
03-01-10, 23:07
As I am hurrying to get my ass into gear and head to the airport I check the LAN site again for the hell of it. My 10:30pm departure has now been turned back to 8:40pm. Add 3 hours early arrival time + god knows how long to get through NYC rush hour traffic and what do you have left? A monger that just missed his plane.

As expected LAN's telephone lines (USA) were not reachable.

What am I doing ? Even though it is a non refundable ticket my credit card company will dispute the claim for me. At least I can get flight credit for the amount. I have pdf files of all the necessary documents.

In a way I'm kind of glad. I had mixed feelings about going due to the earthquake.

I will sit this one out guys. Good luck to everybody down there and please be safe.

Your Buddy,

ArtisttypI was just reading that the main runway at JFK is closed as of today for the next four months for resurfacing and widening. What a clusterfuck that will be until it is finished. No flying out of JFK for me until it is reopened,fuck that.

Member #4351
03-01-10, 23:19
That´s strange. I´m flying LAN tonight, just checked the website and read this:
Si tu vuelo tiene un cambio de horario mayor a 1 hora, te informaremos:

vía e-mail
mensaje de texto
o llamado automático.

If they didn´t get in touch, you should be able to rebook. By the way, what does the earthquake in Chile have to do with Lima?

Artisttyp
03-02-10, 00:36
That´s strange. I´m flying LAN tonight, just checked the website and read this:
Si tu vuelo tiene un cambio de horario mayor a 1 hora, te informaremos:

vía e-mail
mensaje de texto
o llamado automático.

If they didn´t get in touch, you should be able to rebook. By the way, what does the earthquake in Chile have to do with Lima?

No they never informed me.

I have very little knowledge about earthquakes. My point is that it may not be a bad idea to postpone for awhile regardless. I go with my gut on things like this.

Malboro men will beg to differ but I don't see it as a complete loss that was my point..

No money lost not a big deal....next location.

Not to mention you can't get anyone on the phone. You are in lima..totally different ball game.

Jaimito Cartero
03-02-10, 00:42
Schedule changes happen all the time, but obviously this could be special circumstances. I do see that the normal flight time is 10:40pm for the direct LA 531 flight.

Just not showing up will invalidate the ticket. You may have luck disputing the charge, or you may not. It's a real crapshoot some days.

Personally, I would have just gotten there as soon as I could, and chanced it. Often you might get a bump voucher of some sort, if you couldn't make the flight. Did you book the flight on the LAN website?

For leisure travel, I never check bags 95% of the time, so I would have jumped on the subway.

Looking a few days in advance, LAN has zeroed out their entire LA 531 flight.

Mr Enternational
03-02-10, 00:51
If anyone is in Lima right now hit me on PM if you want to go out and grab a drink.

Artisttyp
03-02-10, 00:53
Schedule changes happen all the time, but obviously this could be special circumstances. I do see that the normal flight time is 10:40pm for the direct LA 531 flight.

Just not showing up will invalidate the ticket. You may have luck disputing the charge, or you may not. It's a real crapshoot some days.

Personally, I would have just gotten there as soon as I could, and chanced it. Often you might get a bump voucher of some sort, if you couldn't make the flight. Did you book the flight on the LAN website?

For leisure travel, I never check bags 95% of the time, so I would have jumped on the subway.

Looking a few days in advance, LAN has zeroed out their entire LA 531 flight.

That's the problem 531 is showing up as an 8:40pm departure. I'm looking at it right now. There is a yellow link at the top of the page with flight updates. Even still I have not received any contact regarding schedule changes.

I don't chase tornados. That's not why I paid to go non stop on LAN.

My CC company "visa" told me they would open a dispute with them in case they give me a hard time. All I am asking for is credit for 1 year.

It's too much bullshit to deal with. I can do something else with less hassle.

Yes I booked online via LAN. What I think is going on is people are trying to return to chile from other places. NYC has a huge community here. Like I said I don't do stressed out scenarios.

** Thank you for your input though. You are the airline guru.

Jaimito Cartero
03-02-10, 01:05
I haven't heard of any tornadoes in Lima lately.

I would heavily recommend that you keep a log of all your actions, as well as a printout of their website showing the 1 hour 50 minute early departure.

Do you really live three hours away from the airport? I flew into EWR a few months ago, and made it from there to Manhattan (IC Barclay) in a bit over 75 minutes. Friday afternoon, 5pm.

Korkavado
03-02-10, 05:09
Will be in Lima March 10 through 25. I need a vacation. My first contact will be David33 as he went out of his way to set me up with some 5 star NP ass. Always checking on the girls making sure I'm not fapper.

I'm tired of driving around for hours looking for rock ho's.

Hit me up if you want to have drink.

Vaquero
03-02-10, 06:17
so i have many frequent flier miles with american, and i speak spanish, and i have decent street smarts and all that. i'm looking to spend about a week and a half to two in september somewhere.

anyway, drinking regularly kind of bores me. what i like is bicycling, hiking, massages and screwing, along with good food. i'm guessing that out of south america, perhaps of all latin america, peru and argentina would be my best choices?

am i wrong? if so, please let me know which country and cities you'd recommend.

in an ideal world, i'd be able to go to one place that had new orleans cuisine, filipina massage therapists/hookers, bicycling paths near green hillsides, kayaking and maybe some weed and culture. any suggestions?

Jaimito Cartero
03-02-10, 06:52
I can't speak for all of South America, but I enjoy the food, massage and culture type stuff in Argentina the most. The prices have been going steadily up, so it's not the bargain it used to be.

I can't answer the biking and kayaking, but I'm sure you can find it in most locations.

Lima does have pretty good food, especially seafood. There are plenty of interesting things to do there.

I believe you can still do a stopover on some reward tickets with AA, so you could do USA-LIM-EZE-USA. The LIM-EZE leg would probably be on LAN, but there may be other options.

John Gault
03-02-10, 17:05
so i have many frequent flier miles with american, and i speak spanish, and i have decent street smarts and all that. i'm looking to spend about a week and a half to two in september somewhere.

anyway, drinking regularly kind of bores me. what i like is bicycling, hiking, massages and screwing, along with good food. i'm guessing that out of south america, perhaps of all latin america, peru and argentina would be my best choices?

am i wrong? if so, please let me know which country and cities you'd recommend.

in an ideal world, i'd be able to go to one place that had new orleans cuisine, filipina massage therapists/hookers, bicycling paths near green hillsides, kayaking and maybe some weed and culture. any suggestions?
lima, peru is as close as you can get to your wish list. other places have better one thing or another,but peru has the most of what you desire.

Kalifornan
03-07-10, 03:24
I will be in Lima during the last week of March (arriving on March 21st and leaving a week later) - if somebody wants to meet for a beer, send me a PM.

Bottom Feeder
03-09-10, 23:25
First time to Lima but have mongered in 32 other countries.

Lets share stories and/or girls. PM me.

BF

Member #4351
03-10-10, 15:21
If anyone is coming to Peru in a couple of weeks, I need some product samples; light weight, take up very, very little space, and no problems with customs. I will of course pay for them when you get here. PM me...thanks.

Chemosavvy
03-28-10, 18:42
Have you considered Medellin or Bucaramunga en Colombia?

Not only do they have a nice culture and things to do..but nice girls who love to do it with you. A lot of passion, culture, sincerity.

Of course everywhere you go, including Colombia can be dangerous but if you know how to move I think you can avoid any trouble anywhere.

Ajacks 1
03-31-10, 04:23
I will be in Lima in mid-May if any other members would like to get together for a drink and cruise the scene. I've been to Rio, San Jose, and Medellin over the last few years and I wanted to expand my horizons to Lima. I will also be making a short trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu along the way. Hit me up with a PM if you are going to be around during that time.

LuvumBare
04-13-10, 17:06
I may be going to Uruguay in July and am planning to stop in Lime on my return.

I want to fly a Star Alliance airline but it seems only Continental/Copa make this routing.

I can fly from Philadelphia, Newark or JFK.

Does anyone have an idea about flying TAM? Or any other suggestions.

Also, while in Lime I was planning on staying at the Crowne Plaza as this is a company paid trip. I don't recall seeing anything about the CP. Is it GF? How about the location?

Thanks for your help:
'bare

Albert Punter
04-17-10, 00:35
Only direct flight from Montevideo to Lima is with Taca, which is a good company.
I am pretty sure you can fly TAM with connection in Sao Paulo (not bad place either).

I may be going to Uruguay in July and am planning to stop in Lime on my return.

I want to fly a Star Alliance airline but it seems only Continental/Copa make this routing.

I can fly from Philadelphia, Newark or JFK.

Does anyone have an idea about flying TAM? Or any other suggestions.

Also, while in Lime I was planning on staying at the Crowne Plaza as this is a company paid trip. I don't recall seeing anything about the CP. Is it GF? How about the location?

Thanks for your help:
'bare

LuvumBare
04-17-10, 00:38
I'll keep this in mind.
'bare

Polvo
04-24-10, 07:53
Next week.

Polvo

Ixtoc
04-25-10, 16:31
I arrive in Lima Wednesday night the 28th and leave Monday, May 3rd. Anyone who would like to meet up for drinks or a tour PM me.

I have significant experience in Rio, Cali, BA and CR.

First trip to Peru. It would be great to hang out with someone who knows the local scene in Lima

Artisttyp
05-20-10, 17:34
Just bought my ticket this morning. August 2 until Sept 2.

Looking forward to it.

Sly One
05-22-10, 02:59
Lets hope you get there in plenty of time this time?

Sly

BKKguru
06-20-10, 03:39
Visiting Lima for one week starting July 20th.
I will be staying in Miraflores.

Please send PM if you are visiting Lima in the same week.

~BKKguru

Lordunderground2
06-22-10, 15:43
In Lima June 22nd till the 24th if anyone is around let me know maybe we can get together.

Tishamingo
07-02-10, 23:43
Finally, after 5 years, I will be back in Perů. I will stay in Lima from 30th of July to 7 August. I have reserved the hotel but I am lookin for an apartment.

Tishamingo
07-03-10, 00:11
Finally after 5 years I am coming back to Perů and I will stay in Lima from 30th of July till 7 of August. Can't wait!

I reserved an hotel but I am looking for an apartment too.

Bunny Hunter
07-11-10, 16:41
Headed to Lima for two weeks. August 2 through August 15. And am really looking forward to it! I'll be in the Miraflores area. PM me if you're going to be there anytime during that period so we can grab some cervezas and hunt bunnies together!

Plus, I hope to get to meet the famous David_33 and some of the other Lima regulars. I'll buy the first round (or two or three or whatever) while we share some hunting tales (no pun intended).

BH

P.S. Yes, I'll be able to PM once my snail mail makes it to the ISG registration HQ.

John Sperm
07-14-10, 12:33
Hello everyone I will be in Lima from July 16th thru August 3rd if anybody wants to hook up let me know via I'm, and hopefully my friend Slyone trows another wonderful party... since I had a blast the last time I was in Lima, I will be hitting regular spots and whoever wants to come you are more than welcome, my wingman skipped tow, I will be staying in Surco since that is where I have my apartment...not too far from Higuereta shopping center..and David33 I will be contacting you for some help thanks..

John Sperm
07-17-10, 00:22
lets hang uout..
Visiting Lima for one week starting July 20th.
I will be staying in Miraflores.

Please send PM if you are visiting Lima in the same week.

~BKKguru

Flyer1
07-17-10, 21:57
I'll be in Lima Aug. 5th for a couple of weeks, going solo this year.

Anyone want to catch up for a couple drinks and an outing send a pm.

Alex8038
07-28-10, 22:44
I'll be in Lima Aug. 5th for a couple of weeks, going solo this year.

Anyone want to catch up for a couple drinks and an outing send a pm.
Hey Flyer1,

I'm Alexme from Washington DC. How long are you in Lima? I'm heading there for a couple of weeks b/w 8/23. 7/13. If you're there during those days drop me a line and we get in touch. I met several sweat girls in my last trip and I need a wing man for my next trip. I'm going solo too and two is better than one. If anyone else is there during the above time, let me know.

Take care group. Keep on Rocking!

Alexme

Alex8038
07-28-10, 23:02
Hello, Group, I'm Alexme.

I've been reading the forum for over a year and I have to say that I got some great info about Diablitas in Lima. I haven't met anyone from the forum yet, but I have been taking your advice regarding the places to go, prices and motels and so far this group have not miss one. This is an encyclopedia of knowledge about chicas in Lima. Thumbs Up!

I travel frequently to Lima and I'm usual solo, but for my next trip I need a wing-man. Two do better than one. Right? I met several sweeties in Tequila and Larco Mar, but I need to meet more Diablitas.

I'm going to be in Lima from August 23 to September 13. If any of you DIABLOS would want to meet and explore the pleasures of Lima drop me a line.

Take Care Diablos

Cuero99
08-18-10, 02:46
It was going to be a longer trip but I got a week, Aug 21 to Aug 29 in 'mi querida Peru' and I'm excited. I don't know if these girls will match the fantastic paisas from 2 weeks back but Peru has its own special flavor and I know for sure nothing can compare to peruvian ceviche.

Dave7613
08-24-10, 16:43
Looking for a wingman for this Thursday & Friday.

Anyone going to be in Lima?

I'm attending Sly's bash this weekend as well. pm me.

Thanks

Taz Dude
08-31-10, 21:25
I am traveling to Lima in October.

I hope to meet someone.

Alpha Cyte
09-01-10, 01:15
Hi all,

I got my ticket the other day via Copa Airline. Will be arriving in Lima at 15:00 on Friday September 24th and staying through the first week of October. Plan is to hit the local discos over the weekend and then do some travel within Peru. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up. I am in my 30's and my Spanish is good. This will be my second trip to Lima.

Alpha

Prof10
09-01-10, 15:45
Looking to make a 'virgin' (1st) trip to Lima in April - have read all the tons of info on ISG and wondered what temperatures are like in April. Is it 'springlike' there in the 70's or is it still cold for that time of year. I will be paying my dues and contacting David_33 as well as Sly One for his famous parties.

Sly - one request is for you to host a party on the weekend of April 22, 23 of 2011.

Prof10
09-01-10, 20:54
What are these places like during this Easter holiday period. With Good Friday on Friday, April 22nd, then Easter on Sunday. Are chicas still available at all of the chongos? Troc? Relax y Vida?, etc. Etc.

Foxxie
09-09-10, 08:36
Hello, all,

So I heading to Lima for the first time in October. I'm new to the forum, and looking for any advise. I'm going to be staying in san isidro for 6 nights and five days. Will be looking some action. Any must sees or dos?

Thanks

Sly One
09-21-10, 01:57
I'm going to be out of Lima for about 1 month on business. (22 Sept -20 Oct)

See you all soon.

Sly

Alpha Cyte
09-23-10, 17:30
Hi all,

I will be arriving in Lima tomorrow Friday the 24th. Anyone want to meet up for a beer and chase women Friday night?

Cheers,

Alpha

DownUnderMonger
10-01-10, 06:15
Hey all,

Back in Lima in October (later in the month) till about Feb/March.

Anyone up for more shithole discovery PM me.

Captain Napalm
10-06-10, 16:46
Will be there from Oct 20 - Nov 3rd

Steven Jones
10-17-10, 17:50
Gonna be in Lima from the 20th of December to the 30th, just looking for an apartment now.

Pennypacker
11-15-10, 17:01
I'll be traveling to Arequipa very early Nov 24 (Wed) and returning very late Sunday the 28th. If anyone will be around please drop me a PM. I may extend my stay if I like it and find a good weekly rate somewhere with good internet so I can do some work. I plan to give thanks to Peru for all its beautiful women.

Rendorseg
11-19-10, 06:13
In case any of y'all wish to meet up I will be in town; I'm renting an apartment in Miraflores, as the wise and mighty David33 has suggested.
Rendorseg

Jan The Man
11-29-10, 20:04
I am traveling to Lima on Wednesday, returning Friday. Any ideas?

Oscar3
12-03-10, 19:16
I will be in Lima for three weeks starting this thursday (9:th).

Anyone likes to go out for party, it would be a great fun.

Member #4250
12-20-10, 20:15
Will be in Lima Dec 31 for about a week. Then north for a bit