PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Bangkok Hotels

Admin
01-01-00, 02:00
2002 Bangkok Hotels

Deep File
05-21-02, 01:32
Hellrider:

I put a visiting colleague at the Novotel on 33 last week and while I was there I asked the receptionist for their rates... she quoted me 3,300/nite (the dialogue was in Thai). But you can book online at
http://www.siam-online.net/thailand/hotels/novotellotus.htm for 2,100. It's a very couth hotel... just a word to the wise on pricing.

Bill
06-06-02, 09:08
Skinless,
I stayed at the Nana for 15 days total, these are my observations:

+'s Excellent, well stocked bkfst 6a-10a. Not Greasy. Not sure about the 2nd voucher. 2 georgeous waitresses work the am shift. Welcome drink. Daily paper. Bubble bath soap for you and yur girl. Hot water and great pressure, clean towels. Good job on your laundry. 19 " tv. good reception. Empty fridge except 2 free water/day. Will discount further for longer stays over 1-mo.? Offer late ck out till 8pm for 535b. Will hold bags for 3months. Proximity to NEP. Good view, large windows if room over 5th floor.

-'s I found tiny roaches in my bathroom, headboard and on fridge, both my rooms. Killed em' and no more. Service varies, Security for girls ID, but hardly look at the pictures. Sometimes when opening your safe box, they will not ask or even look at your Id xerox given you. DONT LOSE! Once I woke to pounding across the hall at 11am. CAlled the operator, she said "good morning" " Cannot stop, now not time to sleep!" I fuckin slammed the phone down. A/c is not consistently cool, but always quiet. and maid svc , room condition will vary. Cloudy pool water. Food not hot if you stroll in after 930 am. 70's decor.

Overall, You get alot for your dough. Relatively speaking. The comfort and condition and sturdiness of the large bed where I did most of my activity is 5 star. I hope they don't jack up the rates when the new pool is done in Nov.

I hope you find the Nana as satisfying as I did.

Clix
06-07-02, 02:24
Anyone have any information on the Sheraton Grande Sumkumvit?
I may use my Starwood points for a extended vacation there, but only if it is near the action.....
Please someone help me, I have never been to Thailand and am tying to save on $$ all I can but still have a good time...
Thanks

Ploughman
06-08-02, 05:38
Am heading back to Bangkok in 2 weeks or so for my 20th trip. Have stayed in a number of places in the Sukhumvit area and the two best, IMO, are the Royal Asia Lodge on Soi 8 and the Nana Hotel. Royal Asia Lodge is bookable online at www.bangkokbudgethotel.com and very quiet and comfortable for B950 or so (about $21-22). No problems with guests-of-guests. Nana Hotel is around B1070 and also quite good, though often hard to get into. Honey Hotel on Soi 19 is pretty good.

In places like those you can expect double bed, cable TV, frig, nice bath, pool, etc...like a $60 room in the U.S. I would recommend against the name-brand places like the Sheraton, Marriott, the swanky ones along the river, etc. Those charge 3-10 times what the best independents charge for a room that's no bigger and *maybe* only slightly better. Top top it off, many don't allow you to bring in girls.

You can do quite well in Bangkok spending only $20 or so a night on the hotel. Just pick the location carefully and ask to see the room before paying.

Clix
06-08-02, 11:36
Thanks Ploughman!

Monkeynuts
06-08-02, 23:45
Help
I am travelling to Bangkok for the first time in August with a friend and i and am looking at various hotels on the internet
Would like something comfortable clean and central to the action
am looking at Mandarin, Royal City, Sathorn Villa, Sol twin towers
Can anybody advise on these or recommend anywhere else to stay
Thanks in advance

Seydlitz
06-11-02, 16:51
Has anybody stayed at the Manhattan recently ?

My recollection is that it is a decent mid-range hotel, well situated at Sukhumvit Soi 15.

It is rather inexpensive (1,000 - 1,500) and totally girl-friendly.

Clix
06-11-02, 22:58
Hi fellow mongerers,
I need some travel advice and hotel advice. I have never been out of North America, but am going to get my ass to Asia this fall.
Please assist me where you can -

Two asian airlines, Malayasia and Cathay, have a special good for 21 days with numerous cities for each included. Sort of an Asian Travel pass.
Costs and primary cities included for mongering (Kuala Lampur and Hong Kong are included in both I think)-

Malayasian - just under 800. cities include Bangkok and phenm Pehn
Cathay - just under a 1000, includes Bangkok and Manila.

Has anyone used these passes who can offer pros and cons?
How about the airlines for service ? Pros and cons appreciated.

Sheraton Grande Sukvimhit (I can't spell) in Bangkok is where I would like to spend some time while in Bangkok (not because I am a high roller, but I have points for free rooms). Is it close to action and guest friendly.
Anyone having information I thank you in advance for responding to me on the board or at my email address clixxx@hushmail.com
Thanks

Hukster
06-13-02, 09:11
Hi guys,
has anyone ever stayed at the Siam Beverly off of Soi 22, or the Rex hotel off of Soi 33? I will be in Bangkok on august 17th, and am looking for a nice hotel for around 1000bht or 1100bht per day. I'm also wondering if I book a double will that suffice for having a guest, and not having to pay a guest fee. Guest fees are A rip off.

Hukster
06-13-02, 09:20
Originally posted by clix
Hi fellow mongerers,
I need some travel advice and hotel advice. I have never been out of North America, but am going to get my ass to Asia this fall.
Please assist me where you can -

Two asian airlines, Malayasia and Cathay, have a special good for 21 days with numerous cities for each included. Sort of an Asian Travel pass.
Costs and primary cities included for mongering (Kuala Lampur and Hong Kong are included in both I think)-

Malayasian - just under 800. cities include Bangkok and phenm Pehn
Cathay - just under a 1000, includes Bangkok and Manila.

Has anyone used these passes who can offer pros and cons?
How about the airlines for service ? Pros and cons appreciated.

Sheraton Grande Sukvimhit (I can't spell) in Bangkok is where I would like to spend some time while in Bangkok (not because I am a high roller, but I have points for free rooms). Is it close to action and guest friendly.
Anyone having information I thank you in advance for responding to me on the board or at my email address clixxx@hushmail.com
Thanks

Hukster
06-13-02, 09:33
Clix,
I don't know about the passes, but Philippine Airlines has a sweet deal in August from LA or Frisco for $598.00 plus tax round trip to Bangkok.

Joe Zop
06-13-02, 15:22
Clix -- personally, I'd be cautious if I were you about trying to do too much, especially if this is your first time out of North America. If you're looking at 21 days or so, I'd think in terms of perhaps three one-week stops in various places. The first time I went to SE Asia, I got a ticket into Bangkok and back out of Singapore (substitute your favorite ports here) for the same price as a straight low-budget round-trip. I then used various local measures to get around (flights, trains, etc.) That can be half the fun, honestly, if you've got the right attitude. Short flights using airlines in the region are incredibly cheap -- check out www.travelselect.com for example, which is one of my favorites for the region, as they've got a good selection of the SE Asian airlines, and it's easy to check between regional cities. Even if you decide to go the travel pass route, I'd still pick a small number of stops. That said, the prices on the passes sound pretty good, depending on where you're going from.

I've never flown Malaysian, but had good experiences with Cathay the couple of times I've used them. Never stayed in the Sheraton, but it's listed at www.angelfire.com/super/sanukmaps/images/Sukhumvit.html as being girl-friendly.

Joe Zop
06-13-02, 18:14
And to be clear, as I agree with Freeler on geography, on that particular trip I used local transport within the country, but flew down to Singapore for the last leg. His scenario sounds excellent, and if you wanted to you could easily fiddle around with the destinations to suit your needs/desires by popping in Kuala Lumpur or Phnom Penh or somewhere else as opposed to one of the spots he mentioned. But give yourself some time to settle in and explore a bit -- I've taken to making my itineraries up on the fly because I like the option of deciding to stay or leave according to the time I'm having. As Freeler notes, it's simple enough to decide at the last minute, and doesn't really cost you much more, if anything.

Clix
06-14-02, 13:39
Many thanks to Feeler, joe_zop, and jean-paul(?- back channeled), for the wonderful information. It is most appreciated.
This mirrors to a tee what zenbuckaroo suggested also.

As I am late getting out of town for work for the next three weeks in one of the crappiest towns in the world for mongering, (capital of the old south), brevity is required.

I look forward to any further information from you all and others.

Stay safe and have fun.
Thanks
Clix

Yoyohpw97
06-19-02, 02:14
hi guys, I hope to be in BKK for my first time in october, does anyone have any information about the Lido hotel???

Hukster
06-19-02, 07:39
I don't have any info on the Lido, but I've checked out a lot of hotels, and the best deal still seems to be the Nana, unless anyone has anything to say goragatory about this hotel. 1070BHT per night net. including Buffet breakfast. Guest friendly, with a pool, and disco.

Phoenix
06-19-02, 18:13
Husker,

It looks like you will be in BKK at the same time I will be there. Have you been there before? I have been to Rio 10 times over the last 2 years but have never been to SE Asia. I am looking for advice on BKK. I was also thinking of a side trip to PP and maybe Phuket or Pattaya. I will arrive the 16th and depart on the 26th. Input from anyone would be helpful. If you need any info on Rio, Let me know I will be there Sept 12 to the 28th and again Dec 5-16th.

Phoenix

Caligula
06-19-02, 19:02
Hey Husker,

When are u planning on going to LOS. I plan to be there in Oct / Nove & am also planning on visiting Phi Phi, phuket & koh Samui as well as a few days in BKK.

Hukster
06-20-02, 03:28
Phoenix,
Have you decided on a hotel as of yet for BKK. I am also thinking of visiting some other areas when I'm there. I've written a half dozen "E" mails to different hotels in BKK. Most book through agents which is not good. Will cost you more money. For instance I have gotten rates from hotels direct, then went to travel agents gotten higher rates for same hotels. I'm leaning towards the Nana so far. Looks like the best facilities. You also have to find out what the guest policies are for your particular hotel. some charge extra for guests. Others are free, but hold there ID at the front desk. This is my first visit to BKK, but i've done a lot of research.

Caligula,
I will be in BKK 8-17-02 to 9-8-02.

Apac Boy
06-20-02, 18:59
don't book ur whole stay online....book for the 1st night. the 2nd day, walk around sukhumvit and compare prices. also you can check out the rooms to see if you like it. IMO, nana rooms are crap...

tapioca

Hukster
06-21-02, 08:42
Thank you Tapioca. I also looked at the Dynasty 950BHT per day Rooms looked nice, but no pool. On the other hand I don't realy know if I would have time to use the pool. Should I book 2 days on line, then as you suggested walk around and look at rooms? Can you get A better deal by bargening in person? On line is no bargening just one flat price.

Caligula
06-21-02, 12:37
Hukster,

check out www.royalasialodge.com

rooms look great,2 pools + jacuzzi, girl friendly, free tuk tuk to sukhumvit and an internet users rate of just 890b.

( have edited the typo on the url, sorry to those of u who tried it b4)

Apac Boy
06-21-02, 18:03
i've stayed at the dynasty before and it was kinda gross....no wonder people call it the die nasty. i say just pay a lil bit more and stay at Majestic Suites. rooms are smaller but it's so much cleaner than both nana and dynasty. never stayed at royal asia..website looks great though

tapioca

Yoyohpw97
06-22-02, 08:50
Thanks for your informations guys, I don't know for the moment where I 'll do my check in, but I have the time to take more informations on this board.

@+ , and have good hunt

Hukster
06-22-02, 09:52
Thank you tapioca, and caligula. The royal asia looks good. Have you stayed there b4? I will also check out Majestic suites. Websites can be deseving, wspecially if they were last updated in 1999.
Look at the picture of the disco at the Nana. You can tell by the shirts the guys are waring that the picture was from the vietnam R&R days of the late 60's or early 70's. Anyway guys thank for the good info, and i'll keep searching.

anyone else have some good hotel info?

LarryOne
06-25-02, 02:45
Tap,

How are the beds at Majestic? I agree with you that the rooms at Nana are not the greatest but the beds are huge and quite fun to throw around the girls on! One night before New Years last year I had to stay at the Park behind Biergarten - here we are talking shit hole (or at least the room I ended up in) It was cheap but there were two small beds in the room. I could barely fit with one chickidee in them. I can just imagine how little room for two. Location was awesome though. All you had to do was to wake up and roll down to Biergarten and pick up what you fancied (girls started to roll in as early as 10AM).

Hukster
06-25-02, 08:29
L.O.
Looked at the Majestic, also looke at the royal asia.The Royal asia looked better, jacusi, and a much better price.
Has anyone stayed at the Royal Asia?

Joe Zop
06-25-02, 18:04
I stayed at the Royal Asia about a year ago and it was ok enough that I'd have no problem staying there again. Clean, not as run down or with the feel of a thousand people having been in your bed as you get with a number of places in the area and spacious enough rooms (I had a small suite.) The air conditioning can be a bit of a pain, as they have one of those "insert this to turn on the power" things attached to the key that you see in lots of places, so you've got to let things cool down a bit after arriving. One caution -- the pool and jacuzzi are on the roof, outdoors, so that can either be really nice or kinda useless, depending on your wants, weather and time of day.

Joe Zop
06-25-02, 21:08
Hmm, so you just insert the plastic one with the magnet, is that it? Where do you find something like that? I've got more plugs and adapters than one can shake a stick at (one of the necessary accumulations of going to various continents) but I've never come across one that circumvents those various places in the third world (and increasingly in various places in the states, I might add) where they control the entire room's electricity near the door with something you insert. How do you deal with the various types of these things? -- I've seen at least three different kinds. Have you ever had anyone react to that when, say, the maid service comes in and finds everything still blazing?

Joe Zop
06-26-02, 18:13
Thanks, that's useful info -- any sense of the percentage that do or don't need magnets? It's easy enough to carry a couple of pieces of plastic in my suitcases, but I'm not wild about having magnets floating around my electronics :-) not that I'd be totally averse if it keeps me cooler...

Desert Rat
06-27-02, 00:47
I am considering booking a flight and hotel to BKK during the first two weeks of September. Are there any national holidays, festivals, etc...that would interfere with a visit during that time frame in Thailand? TIA

Joe Zop
06-27-02, 01:26
Desert Rat -- nope, nothing in September. The only Thai holiday that's really a pain in any event is Songkran.

Hukster
06-27-02, 08:12
Does anyone know if the Embassador is girl friendly?

Slhyd
06-27-02, 13:59

MadSkillz
06-27-02, 21:58
You will only find over priced non extra guess friendly hotels on the internet. Just about all 4-5 star hotels will try to charge you for bringing in girls including Ambassador. Don't be a sucker. Smaller hotel will let you do as you like. Off the top of my head here are places that don't give you a problem: Honey (Soi 19, Federal Soi 11, Most hotels on Soi's 3 and 4. Myjestic on Suhkumvit near Sio 4. My pernsonal favorite is Dynasty Hotel next to Nana Plaza. You don't even have to go through the lobby to get to your room.

Phoenix
06-28-02, 02:06
Husker,

Thanks for responding. I have been out of town for the last week working in Vegas. I confirmed my reservation and will arrive on the 17 of August. I will leave on the 26th of August. I am leaning towards the Nana Hotel just to be close for the first night until I get the lay of the land. I arrive at 2:30. Maybe we could have a beer.

Hukster
06-28-02, 08:32
Phoenix,
good idea. Drop me a line my E mail is huksterone@msn.com. My name is Barry.
I assume your from Phoenix, I live in LA. Two people traveling half way around the world, and get together to have a beer in Bangkok.

I arrive on the 17th of august. 10:15 AM.I will be in Thailand for 3 weeks. I was leaning towards the Nana, but everyone says the rooms are crap. I am going to book 3 nights on the internet, and look around to see whats what on the hotel scene. I understand you can do much better n person.

Hukster
06-28-02, 08:39
Madskillz,
Thanks for the info. When was the last time you stayed at the Dynasty. I was thinking of the Dynasty, or the Majestic. I've been trying to decide if I book A hotel with A pool, if i'd really use it.
Siam Beverly also looked good although located on oi 22. near all the expat bars. I'vebeen told a little more layed back in that area.

On The Road
06-28-02, 12:47
Hi everybody.
I'll arrive in Bangkok on 12th of August and I'm looking for a good and cheap hotel, near to the action and with no problem for taking girls in. Could someone help me?
Furthermore, any suggestion on a good travel itinerary will be really appreciated. My e-mail is RRunner3@hotmail.com
Thanks in advice and sorry for my bad english.

IOTR

On The Road
06-28-02, 12:57
I saw the Royal Asia web site, and it seems to me good enough.
Any further advice about it? Consider that this is my first trip to BKK.
Thanks again.

Hulk
06-28-02, 22:55
I'm traveling to Bangkok soon and will be staying at the Sheraton Royal Orchid. Can anyone tell me if this hotel allows girls for short time visits to my room?

Does the Sheraton on Sukhumvit allow girls?

MadSkillz
06-29-02, 00:44
Hukster,
I have been in Thailand about 13 years and stayed at Dynasty Inn 7 months ago and will be there again tonight. It runs 990 baht and they have a website for on-line booking. I never stayed in Myjestic but had a friend who did. He loved it and it's a fairly new place. I think it's more that Dynasty and also on the web. Both are 2 minute walk to Nana Plaza. The Siam Beverly must be near Soi Cowboy. The Federal Hotel on Soi 11 also has a pool. It's cheap but it's very old. It's probably better to get a place then go scouting for what suits you. Have fun. I'm on my way as we speak.

For Hulk, forget it. The Sheraton is a 5 star hotel. Not only will it be expensive but they will give you a hard time about bringing girls in.

Pulse
06-29-02, 10:41
Hulk,

Sheraton royal Orchid seems to allow girls to your room - I walked thru the lobby with one ok. This was September last year so don't know if theres been any changes.

Good luck & happy hunting!

On The Road
06-30-02, 10:37
So, no answer yet, and I try to ask again.
'Cos this is my first trip to thailand, I would like to have the most from this holiday.
I checked out lots of info and, 'cos I don't want to spend too many money on an hotel, I saw two hotels: Royal Asia and Nana.
I booked both, for three nights from my arrival date.
With the Royal Asia Hotel I have a rate of 890 bath/night. They say over their web site that there is a free tuk tuk service from the hotel to nana plaza 24h/day.
On the other side, nana will cost me 1070 bath/night, with morning breakfast included. and it seems to me that this hotel is really in te middle of the action.
Now. While I know that Nana is guest friendly, is Royal Asia as friendly as Nana?
And what about Royal Asia hotel. From the web site it seems to be a very good hotel, but as often happens, it could be a great mistake believing only on two photos. Any suggestion?
Thanks again for any suggestion. My email ts RRunner3@hotmail.com.

IOTR

Seydlitz
06-30-02, 14:26
ItalyOnTheRoad,

maybe the reason why you did not get an answer is because your question has been answered many times already.

Let me try to help you on this one, though.

Budget: around 1,000 baht per night should buy you a decent A/C room in a reasonably located hotel. Royal Asia is below that because it is a bit removed from the scene, and it is not that great either, it seems. I never stayed there so I cannot comment more.

Nana hotel is overpriced for what it is, because it is right next to NEP. Personally I hate the "sex tourist" flavor of the place

There are several good alternatives in that price range (1,000 - 1,300 Baht). Manhattan is one, there are other.

Girl friendliness: all hotels in Bangkok are girl-friendly, with the exception of the 5-star palaces like the Oriental etc. But you are not in the same budget either. Even then, I suspect that you can get a girl in your room easily, but that should be a high-price escort, just like in any other hotel in the world.

To avoid hassle, book a double room and keep away from luxury places. That should give you all the flexibility you need.

On The Road
06-30-02, 18:19
Thanks Seydlitz for the answer.
I read most of the forum and the old forum, and I found lots of info 'bout Nana hotel, but just a few 'bout Royal Asia.
That hotel seemed to me not so bad, over their web site, but I don't know if it is true or not... Just so.
Indeed, thanks again., I'll see directly as soon as I'll be there.

Hukster
07-01-02, 06:50
Italy on the road,
I'll be in BKK on the 17th of August. I'm debating between the Dynasty, or the Royal asia. The Royal Asia has A pool, and Jacuzi, while the dynasty does not. Another hotel that doesn;t look bad is the Majestic.

jimnick
07-02-02, 00:10
Italy - OK here is the low down on the Uptown hotels. I have stayed at the Intercon (being rebuilt), the Sheraton Royal Orchid and Sukumvit, the Hilton, the Westin Banyan and the JW Marriott. I have never once had anyone ever say anything to me. I mean at night coming home, during the day at the pool or at breakfast or dinner or walking through the lobby with a girl on one arm and a parrot on my head. Well no parrot. Maybe as a farang I look like I belong but to be honest I have never even thought about this issue. If you drag your ass in at 3 AM with a girl that looks like she threw a sweatshirt on over her g string then they may ask you for her identity card according to some of my friends but then I think in that case it is probably a good idea for them. The person who said that you should book a double is right since they cost nothing or $3 extra a night. Then you can take the lady to breakfast and enjoy the feeling and she may stay with you for the rest of the day to go to the pool. The thai people are the nicest and friendliest in the world. I have been going there for 13 years or so and travel about 150,000 miles a year and there may be other issues regarding cleanliness of the streets and poverty but hassles is not one of them.

jimnick
07-02-02, 00:22
A short reccomendation is that you should like where you stay in BK for no other reason than you will be sleeping and swimming and entertaining there. There are a ton of good reasonably priced places. Go to www.asiatravel.com as it is a place that has hotels in all categories. I am looking at the site and the hotels go from $20 a night - The WHite Orchid looks fine. BK is not a free town so you have to ask yourself what kind of room would you get in Milano or even Napeoli for $20 and is that where you want to sleep. Also treat yourself to a night or two at a good hotel and enjoy the amenities since the services are great and the prices at $100 are cheap compared again to almost anyplace anyone who is on this board would pay in their home town. My two pennies is that the Nana Hotel is low value for the money, Royal Asia is OK but ont on the line. If you are new to BK and you want to go explore on your own then make sure you are close to the over head train. That is you number one consideration. on that you can get most places in 10 minutes. You will save mroe time and money on it than you will on finding the last $ savings on the hotel. Just my opinion

Phoenix
07-02-02, 00:51
jimnick,

What is your opinion on the Royal President for a first time visitor to BKK. I will only be in BKK for 3 nights and want to see a "show" and a few high quality girls and a few very fun girls.

Phoenix

jimnick
07-07-02, 22:10
I like it quite a lot for several reasons. I have stayed there 2 times and my brother lived there on and off for several years as a director or commercials and films. One it is cheap compared to most 4-5 star hotels. Two it is a short walk to Sukumvit and is around the major hotels there and close to the monorail. Three at the end of the street as you are walking to sukumvit there is a Korean (?) massgae parlor which is only B quality but the prices are dirt cheap so if you want a rub or a rub and tug for not much money or just a place to get cool it works. The only downside is that it is 5 minute walk from the main street which was not a big deal for me but may be for you. I think there are also 2 swimming pools if I remember although one was small. They were nice people when I was there and very easy to deal with. As far as being there for 3 days you have two choices depending on your budget and desires. There are a few massage parlors people like on this board, Darlings is not far from this hotel I think about 3000 baht for 1.5 hours (not there in the last year) plus tip usually around 500 if she makes you happy. The other places also are around the 2500 to 3000 baht for the upscale joints and 1500 to 2000 for the lower quality. The other alternative is to find yourself a girl who meets you at the airport and stay with you the entire time and is available 24 hours. I have been reccomending a girl by the name of Sindy at thequeensmassage@hotmail.com. I liked her and her attitude of being the girlfriend that does everything and smiles and looks nice and is presentable. I get nothing from them but there are other companies you can get the same service from. Prices vary but negotiate about 4000 a day or less and you get as much as you can handle. So those are the two ways to see everything. Enjoy and let the board know what happens.

Chikan
07-21-02, 03:11
Hey Guys,
Wondering if anyone has had any experience with the "Tai-pan" hotel on 25 Sukhumvit Soi 23 Sukhumvit Road???? $27 US a night was the cheapest I could find and it looks good?! Any other good ones beside Majestic Hotel? Looking for a good location and not out in the "burbs"...:) Thanks.......

Hukster
07-21-02, 03:57
Chican,
Try the stable lodge. They have there own web site. I will be staying there next month double room $25.50 US
including tax. There web site looks very nice, every room has a balcony, nice pool, and restuarant.

scorpiossting
08-01-02, 11:30
Hi, I am going to Bangkok and Pattay after many years for two weeks at the end of this month. Will be staying at the Ambassador in Bangkok...has anybody else stayed there and if so, any problems or hassles bringing girls in? Also, can anyone recommend a hotel in Pattaya that is close to the beach and walking street and not too expensive ($30-40) with a no hassle policy. Thanks.

Luke Skywalker
08-02-02, 07:16
to scorpiossting

you could try the penthouse hotel in Pattaya, it's quite funny actually. It has a GO-GO on the ground floor and a camera in the GO-GO that can be seen on the TV in your room. Also there is a mini stage in the room (a Go-Go pole) so you can have a private show.....its Baht 900~ Its on one of the pattayaland streets.

Or the diamond beach has its own massage place on the first floor, although the women in there are very ordinary. It is in the middle of walking street, and has 3 or 4 GO-GOs at its door step.

try looking at www.freelancerbar.com it has info on hotels and pattaya..... although the actual bar itself is nothing to write home about.

enjoy

Chikan
08-02-02, 14:59
hey luke,
i read on a forum (i think bangkok tonight) about a guy who stayed at the penthouse hotel and found out about a "peepcam" hidden in his room. the story goes like this "he went to the bathroom and started to brush his teeth and wandered back into the bedroom and flipped on the tv. scrolling through the channels, he selected the "in-house" channel where you can see the girls in the go-go downstairs. while he was standing there brushing his teeth, one of the girls started to imitate him by moving her index finger back and forth simulating his brushing strokes. the guy then started waving at the tv and she started to wave back! the guy figured that the hidden cam must be in the mirror'd ceiling above his bed, but didn't want to rip everything apart to prove his point. he checked out of the place shortly thereafter." this was fairly recent too.....

Hukster
08-04-02, 03:33
Freeler,
I booked a double room, because thats what there standard rooms come as. The rooms at the stable lodge are all double rooms with one double bed.

Joe Zop
08-04-02, 14:05
originally posted by chikan
hey luke,
i read on a forum (i think bangkok tonight) about a guy who stayed at the penthouse hotel and found out about a "peepcam" hidden in his room.

there was a very similar story a couple of months ago about eden in bkk, which was very angily denied by the owner. no idea if this is simply a spate of rumors that are making the rounds or the real thing. given the huge number of hidden cam stuff out floating around, it could be either.

Chikan
08-04-02, 23:41
Guys,
I've noted down some info about the "Woraburi Inn" - that it's about 450B a night, new, guest friendly and that it's a good deal. The problem is, I don't where it is? Anyone heard of this place and more importantly WHERE it is? Thanks a lot.

Hukster
08-04-02, 23:59
Chikan,
What info do you have on this hotel besides the price.
Where did you find the info? Let me know, and maybe I can help.
Remember, you usually get what you pay for.

Chikan
08-05-02, 01:09
hukster,
I think I got this info. on the "nanaplaza" board a long time ago when it was free on Delphi......now I think's its a pay site. I don't know why I didn't note the address, just that a lot of people were raving about it (good area, new, smaller rooms but decent and clean). Upon checking my notes, can't seem to find out the location etc..etc..thanks for any help.

Chikan
08-05-02, 06:51
Freeler,
Yes thanks...that steers me in the right direction. All this talk about the cheap US dollar and staying at 1200B + hotels does nothing for me, as the Cdn dollar here is about as worthy as the Mexican peso! (.65 cents to 1 US dollar). Pathetic. Anyways, thanks....3 weeks to go until lift off! :)

Joe Zop
08-05-02, 15:30
Chikan, don't worry -- you're still a rich farang. And that good exchange rate means I hemorrhage money in Canadian casinos as opposed to American, though my contributions are likely not enough to salve the economy :)

Chikan
08-05-02, 18:42
Freeler,
Sorry, I meant: 1 US $ = approx $1.59 Cdn....which means I loose out big time if I convert my Cdn $ here to US funds (in order to get that US$ to 42B rate). Many hotels on the web are advertised in US$ only (go figure)...so that's why I'm looking for something cheap(er) than 1200B night or more. I'll be bringing Cdn TC's and yeah, I can get about 26.5 or so which is ok I guess.
joe_zop,
Lots of Americans come up here to spend their $$. Some stores give our neighbours to the south 50% exchange rate! Not too shabby! I feel like it's the 3rd world up here sometimes. . . anyways, enjoy the casinos! Every little bit helps :)
Guys, on a side note, what do you think of the Ruamchitt Travelodge for 800B a night (double)? Thermae is underneath it and since I arrive late, thought it would be convienent. Anyone stayed there b4?

Joe Zop
08-05-02, 20:59
Freeler -- the problem is that in the now increasingly distant past the two currencies were fairly close in value, and pricing on things, including wages, were also similar. (When I was a kid the value was the same, we loved Canadian coins because they were far cooler looking than their US equivalents, and the only thing we didn't like is that they wouldn't work in most US vending machines...) Canadian wage increases have not kept pace with the decline in currency value against the dollar, so real wages and standard of living have declined somewhat relative to US -- so, for example, the average income level in Toronto is around US$25,000 as opposed to US$35,000 in similar categories south of the border.

So I don't think Chikan has a problem doing the math -- he's just doing a bit of economic moaning about yet another injustice perpetrated by Yankee domination of the conversation :) And forgive me, Chikan, if I'm misinterpreting this, but as I live in Michigan and have fairly frequent contact with my good neighbors on the other side of the lakes, this is a reasonably recurrent topic of conversation at times. (I, of course, have had my own share of envy over health care, costs and availability of medicine, non-idiotic foreign policy approaches, better tasting beer, and governmental support models that don't translate into the US.)

Joe Zop
08-05-02, 21:43
I always figure the ugliest bill is the last one I've got left in my wallet :D but one thing's for sure -- Thailand is far friendlier to wide varieties of currency than most places. As long as it can be changed into baht, and is available to an outstretched hand, nobody cares what type is was when it started out.

And Chikan, I agree with Freeler -- by and large I've found that those places on the web that price things in US dollars tend to be more expensive than the ones that list things in baht. Given that they're 42 to the USD, rounding off in dollars tends to mean the price has snuck up...

Samurai
08-06-02, 01:32
I'm going to be staying at the Grand China Princess Hotel located in Chinatown. Does anybody know if this hotel is girl-friendly. I do not see any posts regarding chinatown. Is there any action in the chinatown area? Thanks

Chikan
08-06-02, 18:09
joe_zop,(Freeler)
Your post was spot on. Economic moaning is what I do best! haha. Yes, Korat is where I'm headed for a day or two, and maybe this Phitsanilok place as well, b4 going up north. Oh yeah, anyone heard about the Ruamchitt Travelodge? good or bad? Cheers all! :)

Josip
08-06-02, 20:00
Does Royal Asia Lodge in Bangkok still exist ? Their website is still running, but their e-mail addresses don't seem to be working anymore ?

Joe Zop
08-06-02, 21:11
josip -- are you saying their email is bouncing, or they're not responding? I recall them being somewhat slow to reply to email when I booked with them; I think it was close to a week before I got confirmation (which was no bother since I'd booked far in advance.)

nam yai
08-07-02, 00:54
At Woraburi Inn you have to pay for a kingsize bed 745 bath or they let you pay for your lady guest .... still a good deal. Very nice rooms.

Chikan
08-07-02, 04:17
nam yai,
Can you tell me more about the "Woraburi Inn"? Like the pricing,...etc..you say that you have to pay 745B which entitles you to bring a lady along otherwise they charge you? Are the taxes/service charges included? Details my man! :) Thanks!

nam yai
08-07-02, 13:40
Chikan,

About Woraburi Inn,

I have only visit the rooms there and have not staied there my self, but it cost 745 bath for a delux ( or superior, I can´t remember). The room was very nice with a big refridgerator, a big tv, nice bathroom, good working AC and a comfortamble bed. I didn´t look at the swimmingpool but they have one. Freindly staff!

They have cheeper rooms for 350 bath but they won´t let you bring guests.

I´m gonna stay there next time around, and i can recomend it for other too.

nam yai
08-07-02, 13:45
One more thing about Woraburi Inn,

It´s on the same street as Nana entertaiment plaza but a five minute walk so it´s no noice from the street.

And as I meant earlier. If you pay for a delux or superior (room for two) you can bring one more to stay for free.

Have fun!!!

Chikan
08-07-02, 18:42
nam yai,
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it when I arrive the end of this month.

Josip
08-08-02, 00:55
Well, yes, joe_zop, my e-mails simply bounced. The hotel sent me an e-mail within 24 hours after I'd filled in their online registration form. Guess I'll just have to keep trying. What I find strange though, is that not a single website I've been able to track down that deals with Bangkok hotels actually lists them ! Is it maybe because royal asia lodge is somewhat of a "sextourist only" hotel ? Any experiences in royal asia lodge by anyone out there ?

Joe Zop
08-08-02, 01:31
Hmm, I don't know where you're looking, but I've found them on lots of sites (bangkok.com, for example.) I suspect that they don't partner with internet room brokers, which drops them off a lot of lists.

I stayed there about a year ago and found them decent enough, not really a completely sextourist-oriented hotel like Nana. If you look through past postings you'll find comments.

Odd about the email, though.

Josip
08-09-02, 00:55
Well, must've been a one-off glitz. Their e-mail addresses seem to be working perfectly now. Thanx, joe_zop !

MuffDriver
08-11-02, 05:46
Anyone got a recommendation (or two) for BKK airport hotels where I can order in a full service massage? Can I get such a massage from ladies available through the hotel, or do I need to go through someone/somewhere else? Thanks.

MuffDriver
08-11-02, 15:47
My flight doesn't arrive until about 11:00 p.m. Assuming the flight arrives on time (not always true) and after I clear customs, it will probably be around midnight when I arrive. If you have some other suggestions for someone arriving that late in the evening, that would be great. Of course, I was planning to head down to Pattaya the next morning.

Joe Zop
08-11-02, 17:00
Muffdiver -- my flight arrival time is usually even worse -- arriving at about midnight, and then all the customs stuff after that. Even so, I've never had any trouble getting to or into a hotel in Bangkok at that point. I always book in advance, and let them know I'm arriving quite late. I have never gone directly from there to Pattaya at that point, though, as I just go into Bangkok since, as Freeler notes, it's simple enough to catch a taxi. Personally, I'd forget about the train as an option at that point; it's a long flight, and there's no point in saving a tiny bit of money as opposed to doing things the easy way, especially on your first trip there.

MuffDriver
08-12-02, 22:39
Thanks for the advice Joe. Got any hotel recommendations for me in Bangkok? how about Pattaya?

Thanks.

AGL
08-12-02, 23:14
whoaa wait a minute.... guys wait a minute. all muffdiver wants to do is stay at the airport hotel for a few short hours before heading off to pattaya early the next morning..... why send him into town that late at night.... muffdiver you can for sure get some bush at the airport hotel..... the trick is to go to their massage service (24 hour) and not ask for room delivery.... that stops at a certain hour but you can go for 24 hour service whithin the hotel. nock one or two off and then get some sleep.... fun will begin the next day trust me... sure the airport is not quite as fun as downtown but hell it isnt 8:00pm either... and don't forget to visit the airport massage (past customs) upon leaving thailand.... spend your money there instead of duty free.... you'll fly very relaxed...!

i'm arriving thailand 9/19.... no firm plans yet.. anyone else flying solo that weekend...?

-agl

MuffDriver
08-13-02, 02:05
agl,

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thanks for setting the record straight. Now, so I DO get off a few times before heading down to Pattaya the day after I arrive at BKK, can anyone recommend a particular hotel near BKK airport where I can get the kind of 24 hour IN-hotel massage service (bush, that is) that agl is talking about? What should I expect to pay for this type of special service?

Thanks guys! I have a feeling this is going to be my first of many visits to Thailand.

JuiceSpike
08-13-02, 04:05
muff.....

if it is your first trip to Thailand make a stop in Bangkok before you headout to Pattaya or wherever you are going to... I have arrived late to Bangkok before and you can get plenty of action even if its late at night...

Get a hotel near Nana area and head to the Grace hotel coffee shop (basement) and you will find many girls looking for cash..... they will be there until 4 or 5 in the morning but if you can get there around 2:30am its good because many girls from the go-go bars go there after bars close.... or you will find (sometimes) nice looking but greedy university students looking to make an extra baht....(do not pay more than 1,000 for short time, better yet start offering 800 baht and stick to that until you can because it can work with many girls....)

Spending a couple of days in Bangkok on your first trip it's a good idea because you can see where the center of the action is in Thailand and learn a few tricks or be tricked..... either way you learn something before you head out to the provinces....

enjoy.

MuffDriver
08-13-02, 18:20
Freeler,

I will heed your words and will have my mind made up before I get to BKK for the reasons you mention. I'm inclined to make a reservation at an airport hotel and take a taxi or hotel shuttle there directly, so I get there quickly.

By the way, looking at the photos of the girls in Thailand (on this site), I wonder whether most girls go "au naturel" or whether most trim/shave/wax below the belt? Anyone care to give an opinion/perspective?

Muffdriver (I'm more of a driver than diver, as diving may be risky when it comes to rented muff)

P.S. No apology necessary for the use of CAPS. I appreciate your helping me avoid making rookie-type mistakes.

Joe Zop
08-13-02, 18:25
Excellent advice, Freeler. Anything's a good enough plan or approach as long as you stick to it. Nothing good will come of hopping of your plane and changing your mind while you're tired. And I agree with Jiuce that on a first trip you really should see the Bangkok scene as well. The nice thing, of course, is that Pattaya's easy enough to get to anytime you want to from there. And it's not like there's exactly any huge benefit to jumping up out of bed and getting going all that early in any event.

That said, I know there's action at the Amari Airport, but that's a pretty pricey place to stay. I recall a couple of others as well, but I'll need to check my links, as I've never really wanted to stay out in that area; the one time I stayed overnight near the airport I ended up running into town anyway :)

AGL
08-13-02, 21:23
muffdriver - all good advice. as you can see there is no shortage of options available to you. freeler good call on the amari link. can you provide links for nana area hotels you are recommending. very helpful to see the pics of the places so can make a decision based on individuals comfort level.

-agl

Seydlitz
08-13-02, 22:00
Muffdriver,

about Thai working girls and their pubic hair, as far as I experienced, most have very limited pubic hair "au naturel" as you say. They do not have to wax their pubes or any other area of their body, contrary to hairy western women. This is part of what makes them attractive to us.

Joe Zop
08-13-02, 22:03
It's a wonderful link, but the prices aren't always the best. I also look at http://www.travelideas.net/thailand.hotels/bangkok.html, http://www.planetholiday.com/Hotels/, http://thaihotel.com/, http://www.asiacyberholidays.com/, and http://www.asiatravel.com/ (among many others) to shop and compare. It usually pays to look around a bit, I've found, but you also have to be careful that the amenities are the same -- including VAT, breakfast, etc. -- so you're comparing apples and apples.

Duniawala
09-17-02, 06:34
Hi everyone

Great forum. I have been visiting the LOS for some time now. Iwas there last in May 02 and before that spent 3 weeks in LOS. BKK, CM and Pattya.

I know lot of you don't like the Thermae but I always had good luck there. The hotel I usually stay in is the Ruamchitt Plaza hotel (sukhumvit soi 15). Nothing great but clean rooms with AC, hot/cold shower. And they don't charge for TG guests.

The best part is after coming in on a late flight from LAX, you register in the hotel. Take a shower, go down to Thermae and come back up the lift (elevator) with your TG. Have one or two shots and be ready for the next day.

BTW the hotel charges 900 baht per day (internet rates thru asiatravel.com) Right next to clinton plaza so you are in the middle of the action on Sukumhvit.

Calif
09-18-02, 00:38
Hello there,

I was planning ot be in BKK next week.

wondering if anybody had tried Zenith Sukamvit. The rate I am being quoted is !,500 Bhat. Has anybody got better rate ? Is the Hotel girl friendly ?

Also considering Amari Atrium Hotel ? Any feedback on that ? Is it girl friendly ?

MuffDriver
09-19-02, 22:35
Freeler,

You were EXACTLY right. It was best not to stay out by the airport, even though my flight arrived rather late. My (uh, actually Freeler's) advice to any newbie (like myself) is to get to a hotel near Nana and start enjoying yourself right away. I just got back from Thailand last night, and I'm already making plans to return next month.

Muffdriver

Joe Zop
09-19-02, 22:53
Muffdriver, glad to hear you had a great trip -- please give us a lowdown. A couple of questions to get you started, if you don't mind, to help the other occupants of the asylum: What, as a newbie, did you find most different during your trip from what you'd read here in advance, what did you find out that no one could have convey to you in advance, and what's the most important thing you'd tell another newbie about your trip?

Think about this from your new status as grizzled veteran with more recent information than many...

And everyone repeat after me: Freeler's always right, Freeler's always right :D

lug
09-19-02, 23:57
I was told that booking a serviced apartment instead of a hotel was a better bet. The rooms are upscale and no problem with guests. I booked the Omni toweres near nan plaza. Does anyone know if this is good information? The room rate was $50 U.S.

SlimGuy
09-20-02, 11:46
Originally posted by Calif
Hello there,

I was planning ot be in BKK next week.

wondering if anybody had tried Zenith Sukamvit. The rate I am being quoted is !,500 Bhat. Has anybody got better rate ? Is the Hotel girl friendly ?

Also considering Amari Atrium Hotel ? Any feedback on that ? Is it girl friendly ?

Websites listings of girl-friendly hotels and girl-unfriendly hotels.
http://www.nanapong.com/guestunffl.shtml
http://www.**************.com/hotels/girl_friendly.shtml

MuffDriver
09-20-02, 15:06
Joe,

I'd be happy to provide the details of my recent visit. As the last of my three flights from the USA arrived at 22:50, I quickly gathered my bags, picked up a local area map (which merges the street and Skytrain maps into one very handy document) at the information desk on the arrivals level and went to the taxi stand on that same level. I know that this goes against the veterans' advice of going up to the departure level, and I paid a little extra as a result. I was quoted 350 Baht by the taxi stand, which was conveyed to my driver, who did NOT turn on his meter. So, guys if you want the best taxi deal (200-250 Baht) to Sukhumvit (Sanuk-is-it?), take the advice from our brethren and head up to the departure level to grab a cab and make sure the meter is turned ON! I knew I was paying an extra $2-3, but I didn't feel like hauling my bags upstairs, so I agreed with the quoted rate and went on my way to the Majestic Suites.

The Majestic is a good choice, as many here have discussed. It's a clean and modern hotel very near the action in Nana, which made bringing Thai girls back to my hotel very easy. The hotel staff was very friendly and efficient and didn't blink an eye when I walked in with my "guests".....clearly, they've seen it all before, as they didn't even ask for my Thai bird's identification card. I booked my hotel on the Internet (http://www.asiahotelsgroup.com/bangkok.html) and paid 1060 Baht, which included all taxes and a substantial American breakfast. My room was small, but it was just fine for my purposes. A big plus was the safe located in the room, so I could stash away my valuables. Also, the Nana Skytrain station is only a few minutes walk from the hotel.

Since I had about 22 hours of elapsed flight time under my belt, my brain was a bit foggy by the time I checked into the hotel. By contrast, my twig and berries were enthusiastically purposeful, so I was determined to get a taste of Thai that night. As a result, I chose not to have to figure out the nuances of the go go scene, and decided to go to Annie's Sauna Massage located on the first floor of the Ra-Jah Hotel (18 Sukhumvit Soi 2-4, phone: 0-2251-5680 or 0-2255-0040). I arrived at Annie's about 12:30 a.m., and even though it was officially closed at midnight, the people at the bar below were only too happy to point me the way upstairs. There is only a small selection of girls at that time of night who are pretty average looking, but one of them was good enough for the job that night. I paid my 1000 Baht (total) for a 90 minute session, selected my girl, and got busy.

Important note on Annie's: I saw three different Mamasan's while I was there on subsequent visits. Two should be avoided; the first is a rather tall Thai lady, and the second is another who always casts a fake smile. The Mamasan with the fake smile WILL screw you out of any money she can. Ask for the third Mamasan, "Na", if she's available. You'll know her by a very noticeable limp....she was in a motorcycle accident. Say you were referred by a friend or whatever. The price is always 1000 Baht, but if something goes wrong, you'll have a better chance of getting satisfaction through Na. Tell Na what you're looking for....don't be shy, as they've heard it all before. Na knows which girls are willing to do certain deeds particularly well.

Before going to Thailand, I thought that the soapy massage parlor experience was a fixed format: bath, soapy massage, then sex. This isn't necessarily true. Tell the Mamasan what you want up front (less bath/massage time, for example) and confirm it with the girl as soon as you get into the room. This way, you spend time on the activities you prefer most. The woman I selected wanted to screw as soon as she pulled my underwear down. I strapped on a helmet and went on the job. After finishing, she gave me a bath and asked me if I wanted to spend the night at no extra charge. I'm sure I could have poked her all night, but I was a little skeptical and chose to err on the side of caution and went back to the hotel. Next time, I'd do things differently and stay the night with her.

The next day I went to Pattaya. Every man should spend time there. I know some people don't care for Pattaya, but I enjoyed it more than Bangkok. The prices (on everything) are better and the girls are nearly as attractive as Bangkok. I took the Skytrain to the Ekamai (Eastern) station, paid my 90 Baht, and rode the air conditioned bus for 2 hours to Pattaya. As this is the Bangkok board, I'll keep my comments on Pattaya to a minimum. The beer bars in Pattaya are FULL of girls who don't pressure you for lady drinks. They'll be happy to sit with you for an hour or so, playing Connect 4 and/or Jenga. It's a good way to develop rapport, evaluate your chemistry, and get some assurance that you'll have a satisfying experience. The going rate in Pattaya is 200-300 bar fine plus 500 S/T or 1000 L/T. You can probably get L/T for less than 1000 Baht.....500 Baht is probably rock bottom. I also visited Suzie's Massage on Soi 4. They charge 1500 flat rate for 90 minutes of suds and sex. Tip the massage girls 200-500 Baht; any more than that is unnecessary and only builds up the expectations by the girls.

To answer Joe's questions specifically, I didn't find much of anything different than what I read here on the board. Of course, these boards always contain conflicting information, so you have to weigh the evidence and decide for yourself what you believe you should expect from the girls. Of course, things don't always go as you would expect....chalk it up to experience and move on. Don't get soured by it. The important thing is to DO YOUR HOMEWORK before going to Thailand. My advice to any newbie is to read this site THOROUGHLY (take notes!) and check out the other sites mentioned on the FAQ's. I found Stickman's site very insightful. Also, you'll surely bump into other guys while in Bangkok, Pattaya, etc. Talk with them to get additional perspectives.

The other advice I'd give to a newbie is to maintain a healthy skepticism about anything a girl or mamasan/papasan tells you, but treat them with respect anyway and you're likely to get what you want nearer the price you want to pay. When they smile at you, smile back. Stay positive. Remember, the bar and massage staff are there to make (take your) money. Keep your wits about you and don't get talked into being anyone's girlfriend.....be a "butterfly" and have a good time. Once you select a girl from a beer bar in Pattaya (or anywhere else I suspect), you'll have a hard time shaking her off you if she sees you during a subsequent visit, even if your evening with her was mediocre. Vary your bar selections, and if you don't want to see the same girl again, take steps to avoid going near the bar where she works.

A word or two on Katoeys. Everyone says/writes that they are very dangerous, and I believe this. They are reportedly light-fingered and in some cases can cause you physical harm with weapons that they carry. I was walking by a beer bar, and one put his/her arms around me and started kissing me on the cheek. I tried to gently take his arms off of me and then his body went limp. I nicely dragged him back to his girlfriends and laid him on their laps. The entire time I was very aware of my wallet, which I ALWAYS kept in my front pocket and only filled with the cash I would need for a day or so. If you get confronted by one, don't yell at them, hit them, spit on them, etc. Remember these are guys whose favorite sport may very well be Thai boxing, and even if they don't kick your ass, they may get in a good punch/slash or two. Just tell them "no no no" and select the least confrontational action(s) that will get you away from them quickly.

A last word on dollars and cents. A lot of guys on the board recommend against overpaying and overtipping. I have to agree with them. Be fair.....choose to be generous (within reason) for spectacular service, but don't ruin it for the guys that follow you to Thailand by raising the girls' price/tip expectations.

I've probably written too much detail, but these are my experiences/impressions. I can't wait to get back again next month!

Joe Zop
09-21-02, 00:48
An absolutely excellent report, Muffdriver -- filled with appropriate detail (decidedly not too much!) and right on point. I think you also had exactly the right sensibility and attitude, which explains why you had such a successful trip.

Thanks for the pointed answers to my questions -- I think you help give other newbies a strong sense of how to go about things in a way that will work for them. Congrats on a great trip, and thanks for sharing the benefits of your experience with the rest of us!

Now, of course, the trick is to manage to remember once in a while what the rest of your life looks like... :D

Phuquer
09-25-02, 01:24
I stayed at the Grand President a few months ago and was really happy with the place. The price was great, the rooms were excellent, and it was girl friendly. My question is, this time I wanted to try out the Royal President (on Soi 15). I don't want to become too familiar in the same place. Does anybody have any experience with this place? I don't want to check in and find out it is not up to par with the Grand President, or is not girl friendly. It is a little further away from the center of the action, but I think it's not so bad. Let me know your advice, comments, experiences there, etc. Thanks.

Apac Boy
09-25-02, 08:01
royal president same same grand president

tapioca

Phuquer
10-02-02, 23:52
Thanks for the info, Tapioca. I liked the Grand President, but I'm a bit worried that it would be too easy for my TG to find me staying there. I think staying at Royal President might throw her off. Think I'm being too paranoid??? I'm going to BKK for 8 days in a few weeks, but don't want to visit my TG while in Thailand, as she will be coming here for 6 months next year. Thought I would take a little vacation on my own before she gets here. :)

Originally posted by tapioca
royal president same same grand president

tapioca

LarryOne
10-05-02, 15:10
Agl,

Planning a new trip to LOS in Nov. I am curious - there is a massage place at the airport???? You said inside customs, where? How do I find it? Is it "full" service? If this is the case - boy have I wasted time walking around duty free and looking at the orchid stands.

Larry

Rabagast
10-08-02, 12:36
HOTEL BOIKOT
I was a couple of day in Bangkok last week for business and stayed at the Remberandt Hotel. I gott home at night with this nice non pro girl i meet i a bar with some friends who lives in BKK.
We decided to go back to my hotel after dancing at the Ministy of Sound Club. There i got aproched by this man working in the hotel, if wanted to bring a "guest" to my room i had to pay 975 Bhat ekstra. I did have a 5000 Bhat a night room (dubbel)
And it was Hotel Policy. So koklusion: NEVER STAY AT THE REMBERANDT HOTEL, DON'T EAT AT THEIR RESTURANTS ETC.

November
10-14-02, 21:23
Hello All,

I saw a website for the Woraburi Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 4.
The place looks great on the site (of course) and the price is
900 B /nt. Anyone here stayed at this place and if so.....

1) How far of a walk is it to the main action?

2) Girl friendly?......and..

If you have stayed here, which of the rooms would you recommend.

This is my 1st trip to Bangkok and I think that Nana, Ruamchitt Plaza, Majestic or this place are in the running.

Speaking of Ruamchitt, Is it true that Thermae now closes at
2:00 am?

Thanks!

Jodomas
10-15-02, 01:26
Has anyone stayed at Asia Hotel Bangkok. Plannig a trip for next week and they are offering 1150THB for a double room. Is it guest friendly? Are rooms ok? Need to stay in that area otherwise I would stay on Sukhumvist.

Dick Johnson
10-15-02, 09:06
Asia Hotel is a decent but not spectacular hotel. 3 stars. Very short cab ride to Siam Square/MBK, also to Sukumvit. Rooms are okay, clean but not too luxurious. Owned by Chinese. I was there 2 yers ago but I think little has changed last time I pased by there 3 mths ago. They do ask for girls' ID and 500 baht fine. Most girls knows the hotel.

Dick Johnson
10-15-02, 09:14
Grand President has more residents and thus more facilities. If you like highrise then that's it. Royal President's rooms/suites tend to be cozier/newer furnished. Owned by the same company. I stayed at the 1 and 2 bedroom suites and found it to be very comfortable. Search on the net if you want to find better deals on furnished apts.

Thaipan
10-15-02, 12:51
Originally posted by NOVEMBER
Hello All,

I saw a website for the Woraburi Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 4.
The place looks great on the site (of course) and the price is
900 B /nt. Anyone here stayed at this place and if so.....

1) How far of a walk is it to the main action?

2) Girl friendly?......and..

If you have stayed here, which of the rooms would you recommend.

This is my 1st trip to Bangkok and I think that Nana, Ruamchitt Plaza, Majestic or this place are in the running.

Speaking of Ruamchitt, Is it true that Thermae now closes at
2:00 am?

Thanks!

Nana Plaza is only a short walk away on Soi 3.

All bars etc now close at 2 am.

Sanuk!

Thaipan

Asian_Pimp
10-16-02, 21:16
I will be in Bangkok from Nov. 28 - Dec. 1. I booked 3 nights at the Ambassador Hotel for 950 baht per night. Has anyone stayed or know any information about this hotel? Is this hotel Guest Friendly? Any info would help thanks.

Asian Pimp

Duniawala
10-16-02, 22:14
November

If u r planning to pick up TG from the Thermae. Ruamchitt plaza is a good bet. You just go down , pick up and go upstairs to the room. And they don't charge xtra for the girls to go to your room

I paid 1000 B per night when I was there last week. Book thru Asiatravel

chisel
10-17-02, 00:09
Hi Guys,
Just a quick message about hotels. I stayed at the Narai Hotel near Patpong. A nice hotel but they charge pretty hard if you want to bring a guest back. We thought we had managed to bring girls back to the rooms without being spotted but these visitors were added to the bill. Makes for an unpleasant shock when leaving the hotel and paying up. May be best to ask for so you know what you are in for. The last morning I was there I picked up a girl about 4am in the morning and by the time we were back at the hotel it was about 5am. We had to leave for the airport at 7.30am and I was still slugged for that visit. Some hotels are bettter than others so be wary, stayed in Koh Samui at the Samui Yatch Club (nice hotel bad location) and never had to pay a cent. Happy hunting.

Jodomas
10-17-02, 04:21
asian_pimp;

I have stayed at the ambassador several times. Hit or miss. Lately more miss than hit. I have never been charged for bringing guests but some of my friends have been charged. Stay at the tower wing if you can. In the main wing some floors have been remodeled the ones that are not are a dumb. The security guard working the elevators at night at the tower wing will check a list to see howmany guest are staying in the room and keeps the girls ID. The girls complain about this guy asking for money when they return to pickup their ID. If you return with the girl to pickup the ID he would backoff. A way to bypass this guy is to take the escalators wich they turn off at night to the second floor were the chinesse restaurant is and take the elevator from there. Also insist on a double bed. It used to be a very good 3 star hotel but not anymore. For that price there are better places in Bangkok.

jodomas

PosterLion
10-17-02, 06:03
Hello all ye forum!

I have some questions about the Majestic Hotel for any of you that have stayed there. I will be taking my second trip to Thailand on October 31st. The first time I stayed at city lodge which was not bad but pricier than the hotels I have read about on this board. Gracias to all of you that submit your reports as this is how I found out about the Majestic.

Okay, here are the questions, Their website lists four room styles:

Single Studio * 1165b
Single Superior * 1295b
Double Superior * 1500b
Deluxe * 1865b.

I can't decide what type room to order up... Do they all have double beds (or queen or king)? I guess i just want to know what is the bang for the buck and at what level should I book for the ultimate price to satisfaction ratio. I'd hate to book the Single Studio and find that it has an Eastern European style single bed that requires major effort to turn over in without falling ff said bed.

So my question boils down to this; should I book the studio, the single superior, the double superior, or the Deluxe?

Any information would be much appreciated! I will be sure and give a detailed account upon my return home.

Thanks in advance!

Progman
10-17-02, 06:43
posterlion,

I'm not sure about the Single Studio but the Single Superior has a queen bed and the other rooms have king size beds. All the rooms are small. Don't let the term “Suites” fool you. They are all very nice rooms and you cannot beat how close the hotel is to Nana Plaza. These rooms also have western style bathrooms with lots of marble. There are plenty of English speaking TV channels. No porn that I can remember. The restaurant is small but offers decent food (not spectacular) for a reasonable price. The free breakfast is nothing to write home about. Another BIG plus is all the rooms are well insulated from the street and other noises that surround the hotel. I can't, however, say the same for the interior walls. On several visits I could hear women moaning and screaming.

...(prog)

PosterLion
10-17-02, 07:06
Prog,

Gracias Amigo! I will book the superior and be done with it. I had better hurry of course because it may not be available, lol...

I had a laugh and a sorrow at your mention of the inner walls. On my first trip to Bangkok I was with the one and only bar girl I picked up and we heard the people having sex in the next room. we both grinned and proceeded to have our own fun. The next night however, from the same room, I sat and listened to the most pitiful crying I had ever heard from a man. He was sobbing about the bar girl that left him. another bar girl was there consoling him and it was well... It was enough to make one very humble. Anyhow, I appreciate your information and I will submit this and go and try to book a room!

Gracias!

Dazzler61
10-17-02, 13:57
November

I stayed at the Woraburi for a few days about 2 weeks ago. I found it to be a very nice, clean place - staff very friendly, especially the maids :-) - the rooms was excellent (stayed in a junior suite - 990Bt per night) - 24 hr room service at great prices - bar on ground floor open 24 hours - pool on the roof (small but well maintained) - no problems taking girls in (no extra charges or hassles).

It's about 500 metre down Soi 4 - not a long way to walk.

For what it's worth, I'll stay there again when I go back.

Dazzler

Asian_Pimp
10-17-02, 23:07
jodomas:

Thanks for the info. I can always cancel my reservation. Which hotel would you recommend around that price 1000baht more or less? I want to stay some place that is decent. I looked at the Woraburi on the web and it looks like their rooms are like some apartment. I am looking into something that looks at least like a hotel room. Can you help? Thanks.

asian_pimp

Originally posted by jodomas
asian_pimp;

I have stayed at the ambassador several times. Hit or miss. Lately more miss than hit. I have never been charged for bringing guests but some of my friends have been charged. Stay at the tower wing if you can. In the main wing some floors have been remodeled the ones that are not are a dumb. The security guard working the elevators at night at the tower wing will check a list to see howmany guest are staying in the room and keeps the girls ID. The girls complain about this guy asking for money when they return to pickup their ID. If you return with the girl to pickup the ID he would backoff. A way to bypass this guy is to take the escalators wich they turn off at night to the second floor were the chinesse restaurant is and take the elevator from there. Also insist on a double bed. It used to be a very good 3 star hotel but not anymore. For that price there are better places in Bangkok.

jodomas

Jodomas
10-18-02, 03:44
asian_pimp

I have not stayed at the Woraburi but it seems like a good deal. The pictures in the web are the Suite, Deluxe, and President respectively. Some friends have stayed at the Manhatan and they highly recomend this hotel. Everyone in this board seems to like the Majestic. I might give the Woraburi a try next time. Let us know what you think if you stay there.

jodomas

Asian_Pimp
10-18-02, 09:03
I think I'll go with Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel. It looks pretty good from www.asiatravel.com and the Prices are not too high too. I'll let you know how it is when I come back, but I won't be going til end of November (if you could wait for my post) heheh :).

Asian Pimp

asian_pimp

I have not stayed at the Woraburi but it seems like a good deal. The pictures in the web are the Suite, Deluxe, and President respectively. Some friends have stayed at the Manhatan and they highly recomend this hotel. Everyone in this board seems to like the Majestic. I might give the Woraburi a try next time. Let us know what you think if you stay there.

jodomas

Bkktg
10-18-02, 16:53
I have booked the JW Marriott for a few nights... before I book more, can anyone confirm that it is definitely girl-friendly?

I need to know that before booking more nights as my rate is great but non-refundable.

Bkktg
10-18-02, 17:26
Freeler, I have been to BKK a few times, tried a few of the Nana/Sukhumvit hotels as well as serviced apartments but I feel that THB 2000-2500 (plus tax) is a great deal for the Marriott.

JuiceSpike
10-18-02, 21:41
bkktg,

The Marriott is girl friendly.

sultan
10-19-02, 14:07
Need a hotel recommendation in Bangkok. Majestic Suits seem highly recommended on this board. What size beds to they have? What is the difference between Studio, Superior, and Delux rooms?

Thanx for your help.

Joe Zop
10-19-02, 14:35
Umm, Sultan, this question was at least partially answered only about ten or so messages ago. Using the search option of the forum is a fairly simple way to track stuff like that down, if you're unwilling to just read back through a couple of days worth of posts.

sultan
10-19-02, 18:04
Thank you joe_zop, somehow I missed that post that indeed gives a partial answer.

Yet if anybody knows if Majestic's Delux room is significantly bigger that the other ones, or can offer a better alternative, I would like to know.

Thaipan
10-24-02, 15:57
Originally posted by bkktg
Freeler, I have been to BKK a few times, tried a few of the Nana/Sukhumvit hotels as well as serviced apartments but I feel that THB 2000-2500 (plus tax) is a great deal for the Marriott.

I stayed in the J. W. Marriott in August and agree that it is VERY girl friendly, I even had the night duty manager open the door for me and the bg I had bar fined in the early hours of the morning.

That said the Bangkok J W Marriott is probably the very best hotel I have stayed anywhere in the world ... and yes I travel a lot. The staff are really great and you can get a 1st class non sexual massage at their health club too, yeah I know what you are thinking, I had plenty of the other sorts else where!

I recommend the place, especially if you get a room at the executive level, free bar from 6 - 8pm!

Thaipan

Seoulmac
10-26-02, 04:43
The Ministry of Sound is about a 5 min walk from Sheraton, maybe 10 or more from Mariott. It is tucked away on a side street. Interesting note, Sheraton Grande is very nice but did you notice they have a restaurant called the Living Room!?!? Coincidental I suppose but have noticed some very nice tall girls at Spassos downstairs.

Bottler
10-28-02, 17:10
Hard Rock is in Siam Square, right next to Sky train. Get there early have a meal then stay at the bar, watch the house band and wait for the action to come to you.....it will!

Hope to be there this coming saturday!

Lalake
10-28-02, 18:10
getsome:
I have stayed many nights at both the marriott and sheraton.
as for the living room, it is in the lobby of the sheraton, Sukhumvit soi 12, 10 mins by taxi from marriott (but, its nor really a pick-up place) . To be clear, the disco in sheraton is Riva's. Spasso is in the Grand Hyatt Erawan (basement also), also 10 mins from marriott, but, in the opposite direction from sheraton. Both Spasso and Riva's are highly recommended. But, the cost (for drinks and ladies) is much more than most places. I've found its worth it though.
As for taxis, they're dirt cheap. Average cost is 40 Baht, which is less than $1 US. All the places you mentioned are so close to Marriott.
As a side note, I have always had fun going to Nana (G-Spot, Hollywood for beers early), then on to Spasso or Rivas for more fun later.
A trip to Eden is something I havent done, but, suspect its fun.
cheers,
lalake

TonydaSnake
10-28-02, 21:03
Hello all-have some info and need some info

Just got back from bangkok, stayed 3 weeks at Dynasty Inn on Soi 4, across from Nana hotel and 100yds from NEP. Completely satisfied with service, 990bht/night, room. Only charged extra when I brought two girls to room same time. But there is a back building where one could bypass going past the desk, maybe next time! Overall two thumbs up for Dynasty Inn.

However, if I return to Bangkok my plan is to stay 1 month or longer (up two 3 months). I am interested in renting a room at that point. One Thai lady I consorted with took me to her room (Soi 22) and it was pretty damn nice!. The cost 4500bht/month vs 30,000bht equivalent staying at a cheaper hotel. That's 90,000bht over 3 months or a lot of extra fun for someone on a budget. So does anyone have info on the rental scene, both pros and cons? I can imagine they might charge farang a higher rent, but I'd try to get around that by rental through a Thai contact.

Jodomas
10-29-02, 03:55
Tonydasnake;

Most hotels will give discounts on monthly stays.

jodomas

Sublime
10-29-02, 09:03
asian_pimp

jodomas

Sublime
10-29-02, 09:14
asian_pimp

jodomas

First time on this forum. I've herd that Woraburi has two way mirrors in some of their rooms with camcorders behind them. This was a big rumor going around town early this year.

SUBLIME.

TonydaSnake
10-29-02, 17:58
Thanks to Freeler (and jodomas) for your very sharp response to my query about rentals vs. hotels. This is the exactly the kind of thoughtful response I lok for on the WSG.

I will look at low end hotels the next time I go, since I didn't know they dropped so far below what I thought was the bottom price of 600bhat or so. As far as apartments go, the one that interested me was all concrete construction, and I couldn't imagine sound coming through those thick walls and ceilings. However, I could hear the neighbors across the way sitting around with door open socializing. Still, like apartments anywhere, it comes down to good scouting which is near impossible with me in USA! Your point about ST girls is excellent with me running into that problem at least 3 times at my hotel. They were blocked downtstairs which wouldn't happen in a rental. One last drawback to rentals is that you have to go buy everything including matress; but my intent was to bring good camping gear including a couple of extra thick inflatable sleeping pads. But that wold leave me wide open for theft I suppose. So in the end, I'll probably compromise and look for the best 500bhat hotel value I can find! Thanks!

TonydaSnake
10-30-02, 20:50
thanks for weighing in wildman, since I really want to consider hard the pros and cons of rentals. the bottom line is I know if I check into a hotel first thing than it will be hard to leave that convenience, money saved or not. maybe I answer my own question, then. but on my trip I was on a 4000bhat/day budget to include ALL expenses. I was hoping to get in two 3F's per day as often as possible, but found it very hard to due on 1000bhat/day hotel expense; and enjoying higher budget items like eden's were not to happen. Although I hope to have more cash and more time next trip, it didn't escape me that renting would have solved my budget crunch, but open other issues. In the end I felt my 3 weeks in LOS was perfect but for two things, having to count bhat too often, and not knowing any thai. I like your ideal of using ST rooms for 3Fs, but how to solve the security issue of passport and credit cards. do you think leaving them in a padlocked rental is secure enough? or would you carry them in a hidden travel wallet every time you go out? my other gear (clothes, bedding, cook gear, etc) I would not be too concerned about.

TonydaSnake
10-31-02, 06:13
Wildman, the one rental I visited that I liked was also on soi 22. And I visited one on soi 4, action central, that wasn't bad either. So with all the sage advice, I've made my decision...I'll get myself a rental pad and take my ST girls there blindfolded. Eeez brilliant!! No? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Thanks all...

Firedick
11-06-02, 10:08
Gentlemen,

This is going to sound like someone posting in my name, but...

I'm looking for a NON girl friendly hotel in May. I have family visiting to go diving. I can handle Phuket, but I usually stay in Sukumvit in BKK. Any suggestions in the $40-50 dollar range ? Something that presents well. Maybe even "sort of" girl friendly as long as I'm discreet.

Thanks for you input.

FD

Bkktg
11-10-02, 17:16
I have four upcoming stays in BKK, and have booked the JW Marriott for two of them. I'd like to try some other upscale hotels too, can anybody comment if

-Marriott Bangkok Resort&Spa
-Le Meridien President
-Hilton

will give you hassles when bringing back a bargirl? Rates seem reasonable and I'd get elite status benefits at the Hilton even though it's a bit out of the way.

Thanks!

Play3er
11-12-02, 09:02
Wildman - was wondering whether you could help me on this. I'll be in LOS soon with a couple of colleagues who are punters for the nightlife and was wondering whether you know of any hotel which is of reasonable rate US$40 to US$60 (will be extending our stay and would like to get a good deal on the room rates so that we can enjoy the nightlife more.

In addition, do you know of hotels which have adjoining rooms (meaning there's a door in between the rooms and we can open the door to go to the next room)?

November
11-16-02, 22:08
This is no doubt a stupid question. When I am making reservations via internet, Is there any problems associated
with giving them your credit card info? I assume that it is just
part of the confirmation thing.

Joe Zop
11-17-02, 04:33
The bottom line is that all the development for safeguarding credit card information is at its core primarily to safeguard the interests of the credit card companies, not you, but it does of course also protect you. I know you've American, November, so I'll simply note that US law absolves you of all but the first $50 if you notice your credit card being used in an unauthorized manner and report it right away. Yes, it can still be a hassle, and yes, it can take some time and thereby constrict your liquidity, but the fact that you're protected is still the bottom line. The truth is that your credit card information is more at risk from hackers getting access to credit card databases than via online transactions, and needless to say companies are very worried about such access and work to protect it. Giving information out over the phone or in persoan are far more likely to result in abuse than are online transactions.

November
11-17-02, 13:03
OK J.Z. ......I'm sold

Norhead
11-21-02, 19:18
Royal Benja Hotel

Hello! I have been to Bangkok several times, usually stayed in budget-hotels. Through some business colleagues, I have a got a discount rate at Royal Benja Hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 5. Have some of You any experience with this hotel? Girlfriendly?

Play3er
11-27-02, 09:19
Hi there

Will be coming to BKK soon and was wondering whether there are any comments on the Ambassador hotel? They have quite good rates (if booked from the web site) and it is something like US$25 per room/night. Appreciate your comments.

TonyTony
11-27-02, 12:36
Ambassador hotel? They have quite good rates (if booked from the web site) and it is something like US$25 per room/night. Appreciate your comments.

Good hotel, good location. For about 35,000 Baht/month you can get 70sqm Serviced Appartment. Great value, as the location is prime (few minutes walk to Asok BTS, to Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy) and services great. Great "health center" also, if you are into that, etc...

There is a lot of other options though around Sukhumvit, you may look on this page:

http://www.ehotelbooking.com/ServicedApartments.htm

Roayl President is my favourite.. Center Point is great.

Play3er
11-28-02, 06:20
Tonytony - Thanks for your input. Have looked through the website and it is very informative on the serviced apartments available in BKK. Would prefer that too but because will be coming to BKK this time on own expenses and not company tab, would prefer to limit on accomodation expenses since will only use it to sleep and not for bringing the girls back (may change my mind when I'm there, though !).

So, can I conclude that the Ambassador Hotel and Serviced apartments are in the same location?

TonyTony
11-28-02, 06:44
So, can I conclude that the Ambassador Hotel and Serviced apartments are in the same location?

It is exactly the same place and building. Sukhumvit Soi 13.

LarryOne
12-10-02, 06:18
Last two nights in BKK last week. I stayed at the Wuraburi Inn. The room and service was pleasant. Rooms were fresh (no musty smell like at Nana hotel), cheap and definitely girlfriendly. 750 bath per night incl breakfast - pretty good for BKK. I would perfer something more central but as I had to keep a somewhat low profile this place was absolutely ok as they have a free shuttle down to Nana or Shukumvit. And no I did not see any of the rumoured see through mirrors (until I see proof I think that it might just be an urban legend). Oh and they also have a pool and decent restaurant.

Positives:
Fresh, cheap, good service

Negatives:
Little off to the side (this could of course be an advantage if that is what you prefer)

Sandog
12-10-02, 06:40
Hi guys,

I need some advice here. I will be in BKK late this month and don't know where to stay. By reading from this board, most of you prefer Majestic hotel but do you have any input about Royal Asia Lodge. Any advice is appreciated. BTW, what is a good club in Nana for ST and LT??

Thanks,

San Dog

TonydaSnake
12-10-02, 18:51
sandog,

there are SOOOOOO many factors that it is hard to make a hotel recommendation. Mostly, it has to do with your budget! There are guys in Bangkok on the cheap, those who bdget $100/day and those who have a more open checkbook. All types can find room in the Sukhumvit corridor since Airconditioned hotels go from around 650bhat/night to 1000bhat and then on to the luxury places. Most Thai girls live in simple rooms with fans and pay around 4000bhat per month. The option of a room or serviced apartment are avaible to you too and might make sense if staying more than a month.

I've heard some guys boast about their expensive room and how it really turned Thai girls on but I personally believe that is ego talking and the need of the more well funded to justify their often foolish expenditures.

If you're staying a week I wouldn't worry about it. If closer to a month I'd by getting a room on soi 4 "nana" (dynasty inn, nana hotel, raja hotel)) for 1000 bhat/night and the very next day I'd be asking every foreiner I see for recommendations on the cheap places!! If you save an extra 400bhat/day that is an extra 12000bhat or 12 ST hos or 3 sessions at Eden's or.........

Concerning clubs in NEP, Fantasia is small but full of good bodies; Angel Witch has good looking girls as most posters will agree. Again to save money get phone numbers of several girls you like in a gogo. Call them at 2:00am or before the start of business the next day. Save BF (600bhat) and ST room (300bhat). That adds up! Spend your time at gogo just having fun and networking; this is easy if you "bust a nut" prior to going!

TonydaSnake
12-10-02, 20:46
Sandog, more more quick thought on Bangkok hotels.

Don't rely too much on this forum, but use the full power of the internet. Do web searches of Bangkok Hotels, sex hotels in bangkok, etc., whatever you can think of. Also, check the hotel FAQ's in this forum; I found one where just about every hotel on sukhumvit was listed in detail (can't remember where though).

But make some choices and start emailing the hotels. Most are happy to carry on a correspondence, and this gives you a good chance to cut a better deal.

Freeler
12-10-02, 21:24
Tonydasnake,

"If you save an extra 400bhat/day that is an extra 12000bhat or 12 ST hos or 3 sessions at Eden's or......... "

Absolutely my kind of math:)!

SexReview
12-11-02, 09:20
Say what you want but in Bangkok if you are going to look for girls you can’t beat the Nana Hotel. On ever point the Nana gets thumbs up and is where you want to be. What other hotel offers a Disco that is loaded with Freelancers every night? What other hotel offers a 24-hour food restaurant? What other hotel is 90 feet from a major e entertainment Plaza? What other hotel gives you no problem with girls? What other hotel includes a good breakfast in the room rate? What other hotel has a lobby that has girls in it almost 24 hours a day? What other hotel offers the range of rooms from standard to suites at a very good price? What other hotel has a staff that is as helpful as the Nana? When you put it all together it is the place to be at. One thing you may or may not know is the Nana has many guys that live there for months. Many of the regular clients of the hotel don’t even take their suitcase home with them they keep a packed travel bag at the hotel in storage. Yes other hotels are good but overall the Nana has to come out on top for those looking for the best total package. I have stayed in many hotels in Bangkok and around the world the Nana is not the newest hotel but it is among the best for what it is. If you want a better room request the new wing or upgrade your room for a few hundred baht, the same cost as a couple of drinks and the room is much better. For a deluxe room you will pay only about 35 dollars per day (1500 baht), a standard room is about $24 dollars a day (1000 baht). The last thing I will say is you need to pre-book you can’t just walk in and get a room. Email the Internet department they are very good and will confirm with you the next day.

TonydaSnake
12-12-02, 06:02
Sexreview,

The Nana is a solid sex hotel, but I would rather teach a tourist to fish (find hotel), than give him a fish (review hotel). Many experienced Bangkok goers have their favorite hotel and it is not Nana. For many, being in the middle of Ho central is not all it's cracked up to be. I am not going to trash Nana; I would stay there no problem, but there are plenty of other excellent choices!

LarryOne
12-12-02, 06:13
I agree with you Tony. There are so many choices of where to stay. This trip I stayed a few nights at Nana and I do like the location and all that sexreview mentioned but my room had a nasty musty scent to it, no bueno...

Once I stayed at Grand President which was very good (this is probably my favorite) and close to everything. On the otherhand, aq friend of mine always stays at the Majestic while in BKK so one just have to look around a see what fancy ones liking.

Freeler
12-12-02, 20:15
Y'all

My advice to first timers: Book a room on the web for 2 or 3 nights in the Sukhumvit area.
On the second day check out other hotels in the area whether you like your room or not, you may find something better/ cheaper but just as good / quieter/ busier...

Ndara
12-13-02, 21:13
If you are on a tight budget but want to have a fun time for a long time my advice would be:

1) check www.thaiapartments.com, there are many places for 6-8000 baht a month, which are very nice and close to the sky train stations of Thong lo, Ekkamai, phra khanong and on nut. of course there are plenty of place for 2-3000 baht as well but then they will be dirtier, noisier and certainly not be in a good location.

2)buy a fan, very cheap, and use the a/c only when necessary and you'll save a lot of money.

3)buy most of your alcohol in 7/11 and drink only a little while in the bars, it saves you surprisingly much money.

4) catch the girls after they finish work, i.e, 0200, for ex. outside Nana plaza, angeles disco, soi cowboy or even Thermae will have some beauties. not only do you save the barfine, but the girls will no doubt agree to go with you for a much smaller fee and as thaigirls don't like to sleep alone the chance of getting free sex if her roommate has a "date" already is very real.

5)choose Pattaya if sex is your only concern as it will end up cheaper- apartments are cheaper( even some really good monthly rates on hotels/GH:s), no need for taxi, bardrinks are cheaper, and girls are definetely cheaper in Pty than Bkk.

6)Is partying every day really a must? cut it down to every second day and you will not only be able to stay for a much longet time but you will probably appreciate your nights out more as well( of course this is just common sense but it is worth remembering if you really want to stay for a long time on a limited budget)

7)don't get hooked up on the same girl. Not only will it far too often result in arguments and silly conversations, but often it will turn out more expansive as well.

8)avoid the high season( nov-feb) and you'll save some money, but the saving is not that much if you have an apartment etc.

these were just some thought, very apparent thoughts maybe, but perhaps it helps someone.

Cambodia Pro
12-17-02, 05:32
List of Hotels that allow girls , .

Can't make it any easier fellows,

http://**************.com/hotels/girl_friendly.shtml

It even includes a newbies doc which I will use .

Jodomas
12-19-02, 04:01
Has anyone stayed at Chatra Court. Guest friendly? Seems like a nice place in their web page. Only 1200 baths and a 10% disc including VAT and continental breakfast.

Check it out at http://www.chatra99.com/index.htm.

jodomas

AsiaTraveler2
12-19-02, 04:13
Guy's ..

Just an FYI ... Ambassador charges 500 baht for guests in the Tower Wing. They have a guy standing there, by the elevators, so there's no way around it.

AsiaTraveler2
12-19-02, 04:15
criminal_Bush;

The Bankok Tonight site is great .. use it all the time, but it can get dated very fast. Especially these days. Especially in terms of hotels allowing guests or whether they charge for them.

Jodomas
12-19-02, 04:57
Asiatraveler2

You are probably registered as a single. Try taking the escalator to the second level where the chinese restaurant is and take the elevator from there. This guy also hit the girls for money when they go to get their ID back. If you return with the girl he won't. I have stayed at this hotel many times but now I try not to. This are only a couple of reasons why I try to avoid the Ambassador.

jodomas

AsiaTraveler2
12-19-02, 06:32
jodomas;

Thanks for the info .. you are right! Forgot about the escalator! Little head, probably affecting my thought process! I did register for a double, so that was not the problem. Quite frankly, one of the guy's wanted cash instead of billing to the room. I'll give you one guess where the money went. Did not want to make a big deal out of it, since I do like to stay there. I book alot of last minute visits and they always have a room available. It's also near a place that I like to eat at. Thanks!

Cambodia Pro
12-20-02, 00:48
Boycott Hotels that are not girl friendly.

I passed the Ambassador because of this reason. Take your business away from them , and they will learn.

SexReview
12-21-02, 08:58
Originally posted by criminal_Bush
Boycott Hotels that are not girl friendly.

I passed the Ambassador because of this reason. Take your business away from them , and they will learn.

I don't think a boycott would change the hotels and make them learn. The hotels that aren’t girl friendly really don't care about getting the sex travelers dollars. They have build business on other types of customers.

But more to the point why would anyone picks a hotel that is not guests friendly when there are so many good hotels in the cities that are? If you are traveling to Thailand for entertain pick a hotel that will help you with your quest not hurt it.

ClitSucker
12-22-02, 16:53
Hi there I am from Malaysia and I am planning to stay in the Ambassador Hotel ... I am planning a few NIGHTS out and NIGHTS in (By that I mean go out and get sex.. ) Is it a good Idea? If not my budget for hotel is about bht 1300..

Can anyone help? Thanks..

Merry Christmas Everyone....

Clitsucker

SexReview
12-22-02, 18:25
Originally posted by ClitSucker
Hi there I am from Malaysia and I am planning to stay in the Ambassador Hotel ... I am planning a few NIGHTS out and NIGHTS in (By that I mean go out and get sex.. ) Is it a good Idea? If not my budget for hotel is about bht 1300..

Can anyone help? Thanks..

Merry Christmas Everyone....

Clitsucker

If you don't mind paying a joiner fee when you bring a girl back, The Ambassador is OK. Other hotels in the area are much better without joiner fees, check the information on the board here. I have posted several times that The Nana Hotel is my choice when in Bangkok.

AsiaTraveler2
12-23-02, 16:43
sexreview;

While there are options, those who travel on short notice will have problems from time to time getting their first choice. I have a short list of hotels, since I like a combination of things .. location next to Skytrain station, near Nana, Places I prefer to eat within minutes by foot, reasonable price for the quality of lodging, etc etc etc. The Ambassador always has availability. 500 baht is not a big deal to bring a guest. My first choice would be the Majestic Suites, but they always seem to be booked. I don't care for some of the other hotels. If I recall correctly, the Nana is not all that close to the Skytrain station. If I'm wrong, let me know, and I'll take another look at it. I have their webpage bookmarked.

SexReview
12-24-02, 01:31
Originally posted by Asiatraveler2
sexreview;

If I recall correctly, the Nana is not all that close to the Skytrain station. If I'm wrong, let me know, and I'll take another look at it. I have their webpage bookmarked.

Asiatraveler2,
The Nana Hotel is close to the Skytrain, it is less than a five minute walk, I know because I take the Skytrain whenever I can. If you know where the Nana Entertainment Complex is the Hotel is right across the street. Take a look at it I think you will like the hotel.

The Majestic Suites is a very good hotel and I have stayed at the hotel, if you book over the internet you should be able to get a room. It is smaller than the Nana Hotel and not a lot of girls around it or in the lobby so if I have a choice for those reasons I pick the Nana Hotel.

You are right 500 baht is not a lot of money about $12 dollars US. But when you look at it as the room is only about 1000 baht to charge, a 50% joiner fee is not reasonable and for what are you paying? The rooms you rent in these hotels are all for two so why pay more for a guest? If you rented, a car would you are willing to pay an extra fee if you had a passenger in the car?

I always book rooms everywhere that I go for two, if I pay more it is very little and that way the hotel can never say anything to me.

ClitSucker
12-24-02, 09:41
Thanks Sexreview and AsiaTraveller2,

I will be booking a double room as I will be bringing my gf (she is open minded) and so we were thinking would there still be a joiner fee even though she (the third person - female) is a 'friend' and even could be another tourist?

Thanks for your help....

OzGuy
12-28-02, 04:32
Guys,

Does anyone know wether the Montien Hotel near Patpong is girl friendly ?? .... I have no choice in where I will be staying for the 2 nights I will be there .... pre-booked from airline .... so, I was hoping one of you guys might know.

Thanks, keep it up ;-)

OzGuy.