PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 [2]

MeatMan
07-25-03, 23:48
Originally posted by Jake II
Hey MEATMAN, I have res. at the Majestic and Mr Pong tells me that if I bring my laptop, I can "hookup to the internet nicely" and there is no joiner fee so I "can bring in any cute girl nicely". He also said there is a business centre.

Jake,

God bless ya man!!..My Questions have been answered.I can smell the Thai pussy from here!!...(sniff!!) AHHHH!!! :o

JayDawg
07-28-03, 07:44
Hoshiara,

Any that low you might have to go to KhaoSan Road, its the pack packers paradise, and they have places that go for 500 baht a night, and some lower.

Check the web for places on Khaosan Road, you will find a few that might be of interest to you.

Jay

Mistapenus
07-30-03, 03:35
RE: GRACE HOTEL

I have noticed this problem several times. When I take a ho up to GH of course we go through the lobby, she waits for me while I pick up the key, she hands her car to the guard, etc.

They get quite a bit intimidated by the scene there. Nothing really about arabs for me but most of the girls don't like them, fear them.

They also fear black men and anything too exotic. Some bars actually prohibit their ladies to go to GH (eg. Angelwitch) since a few had been beaten up by Arabs there.

I had this gorgeous girl from Angelwitch coming up once and when she heard we we going to the GH she was about to turn back. After much pleading she rang mamasan from her cellphone who then authorised her to go to GH.

But after all this it wasn't that much fun. She was still tense all the time there. Otherwise GH is quite a reasoable place, clean, cheap but I've never had a really good fuck there and it maybe partly because of this. Next time will go to Nana Hotel for 100 baht more.

LarryOne
08-05-03, 04:10
JC,

I have stayed at the Grand President and I thought it was great. Nice rooms, clean, good price and good service. It is little bit on a side street but that is actually a good thing if you prefer to be a bit to the side of "Mega mongering mecca". You can still cut through the Park Hotel parking lot to get to the Biergarden within 2 minutes walk and you are close to Sukw. RD. Enjoy.

LarryOne

Babu
08-06-03, 13:21
HI guys,

My company is planning a trip to BK and if i m not mistaken it boils down to 2 hotels now which is Asia Hotel and Baiyoke Sky. Can anybody tell me which one is girl friendly and is nearer to the action, food and shopping in order for me to give my input to the decision maker.

Thanks in advance

Joe Zop
08-06-03, 18:35
Both of those hotels are fairly close to each other, and both are near a lot of shopping options, such as the World Trade Center, Siam Center, etc. It's not too bad to get from there to the Sukhumvit area -- I'm pretty sure there's a BTS station right near the Asia Hotel, perhaps even connected to it, and you're only four or so stops away from the action, so just a couple of minutes. (You have to walk some from the Baiyoke Sky to get to a station, but it's not ridiculously far, and, of course, you may need to cab it back if you're making a late night of it, since the BTS closes.) You can also easily transfer to the other line if you want to get to Patpong. Plus you can always just east on Phetchaburi for a lot of massage places. Don't know about girl-friendliness on either of these, but it's probably dicey, as they're outside of the action areas and more in the main downtown section.

Babu
08-07-03, 04:44
Thanks Joe for the info

JohnnieBravo
08-09-03, 04:48
Mistapenus:

Regarding the Grace Hotel.........I did not stay in the rooms there so I cannot comment about that, and yes, there do appear to be lots of gentlemen there of Arab and Persian decent; however, I loved it as a mongering location. It was a place that you could sit in the lobby and was relatively cool, enjoy some drinks and watch hundreds of beautiful women walk by, back and forth all night long. Plus after 2:00 a.m. the downstairs opens up and becomes packed with tons of beautiful freelancers (negotiate price upfront). In short, to monger in comfort, the Grace Hotel is a destination in and of itself.....cleaner looking and far more spacious then the Nana.

JohnnieBravo

Jodomas
08-10-03, 17:03
I have stayed at the Bayoke Sky twice and had no problem with guests. However, I have read otherwise form other mongers. The hotel is very good but the area is dead at night and is a walk to the BTS. Less than 100 TBH taxi to the action. Never stayed at the Asia but I have read conflicting stories as well.

GettingTang
08-11-03, 00:11
My Bangkok hotel experiences:

When selecting a hotel for mongering in Bangkok the items below should all be considered.
Myself, I have in the past rented two hotel rooms. One cheap hotel close to the mongering scene in the hustle a bustle and another to relax at, more of a resort style, in a more quiet area of the city. Trust me the Sukhumvit area is capable of getting the better of even the most hardened nervous systems. If you're prone to anxiety, panic disorder, or dislike noisy, smog filed areas, then this is a must. Not to mention if you are on holiday with any family members, a second "get away" hotel on the cheap is great. My choice for the second, fun bun, hotel has always been the Ambassador. This hotel is very nice and very cheap! I also have on occasion offered one of the girls of my selection to stay there while I have to run back to my main family, to keep the families suspicions at bay! The girls will love you for this, especially those who have taken up residency in gogo bars from the villages. Make sure they understand the room is just for their private use and you may come back for a slamming session at any moment.

At the Ambassador, I always get a nice room for about $22 US. This is a cheap price to pay for a daytime, or middle of the night escapades away from the family. On one occasion after banging this nice Thai girl twice I did fall asleep and woke up at dawn the next morning. Wife was suspicious, but I had a good excuse already planned out for this scenario.

Now don't get me wrong, the Ambassador is good enough to stay in full-time. It's a very modern, clean hotel, centrally located within walking distance to most all the action. It's guest friendly and CHEAP! It has a descent pool, good food, nice lobby and is full service. But because it is located right in one of the busiest areas of all of Thailand, it also gets all the smog and city traffic noise. If this does not bother you, then just stay there. If you're with the family, you can always get a second room on one of the wings and they will never see you come or go! It's also within walking distance to the famous Thermea Coffee house, a must for any monger!
GETTINGTANG~!

Baby Huey
08-13-03, 20:29
Does anybody have any information on the New Long Term Hotel/Apt. named President Solitaire? It looks like a great place, a little pricey, but I will be on a Business trip, thus the business will be paying or the room. I also will be there for two weeks, and it would be great to have great room on this trip.

It looks like it is off Sukhumvit enough not to be in the middle of thing, but I hope not to far. I will be having a few meeting at the hotel, so this looks like a good hotel. They are guest friendly also. The web site address is presidentsolitaire.com

I am looking for information on the distance to Sukmitvit?

Distance to the STS.

Any infor would be great, jimhart69@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

Jodomas
08-14-03, 17:11
jimhart69;

It's about 7-10 mins. walk to Sukumvist, up the soi from Grand President. I saw a nice tuk-tuk with uniformed driver from the President Solitaire at Grand President. Maybe this tuk-tuk will drop guests at Sukumvist or at least at GP and then is a 3-4 mins. walk to Sukumvist.

Don't know about guest policy but given it is from the President family I would think it is girl friendly.

Never been inside but looks nice outside.

jodomas

Bandy
08-14-03, 21:04
Originally posted by aussietoy
..........will be staying at a hotel called the Royal River Hotel in Bangplad,Bangkok..................
Is anyone familiar with the Royal River Hotel in terms of guest friendly?
The aussietoy
Royal River allows guest, but you will have to pay a separate charge. The hotel, although nice, is located on the other side of the river and is way out of all the actions. It might cost you couple of hundred bhat by taxi from Sukhumvit area. Hope this helps.

Bandy

GettingTang
08-15-03, 04:20
Does the Majestic Suites have a pool? Everything I find about this hotel is a positive, being a sun worshiper, I gotta have a pool though. I have found no info on a pool. my criteria for a hotel.........

1. hotel located close to action (sukumvit)
2. full service facility, has got have a nice pool?
3. Quiet, clean modern room? (no small boxes)
4 want to pay $45 or under $US.

Is this possible? I usually stay at the ambassador, it's a bit musky and old for my tastes. Room are full of roaches and musky odors. I like an open airy room with lots of light, maybe a suite with a bedroom. Any tips is grateful!

Jaimito Cartero
08-15-03, 05:31
No pool at the Majestic Suites. Nice hotel though, great service.

I'm going to be staying at the Grand President, just down the street, and I think they have a few pools on the property. I think it would just fit under your price range for a short stay. A bit cheaper for long stays.

MikeyMae
08-15-03, 07:18
Guys, I'm heading to Bangkok for the first time at the end of the month and I have a question. I'm staying at the Sol Twin Towers Hotel and I would appreciate some directions to get to the various red light districts (Patpong, Nana Plaza, etc.). From what I've gleaned from their website, it's walking distance from the National Stadium and Jim Thomson's house (?). Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

Headhunter2000
08-15-03, 11:56
Mikey, be sure to grab one of the free maps at the airport when you arrive. They are on a stand as you are walking toward Immigration. The map is very useful and includes the BTS Skytrain routes.

From your hotel it's a short walk to the National Stadium BTS Station. You can take the skytrain to Nana (Nana Entertainment Plaza), Asok (Soi Cowboy), or Sala Daeng (Patpong). So there you have it: all 3 red light districts just a few minutes away.

You are also within walking distance of S. Botan massage parlour which is discussed in the BKK-MP section. Just walk north along Rama VI.

Have fun.

Byeon Kwang Sae
08-16-03, 08:35
can anybody give me a sound recommendation for a bangkok hotel that has a “real” high-speed internet connection in the room? i am looking for a cable (dsl or isdn) not a telephone line dial-up.

two or three caveats - -

1.)the location must be in the lower falang ghetto (sukhumvit soi 1 thru 33)

2.)low-rent to mid-price range would sure be nice

3.)must be girl friendly

any recommendations?

thanks.

DVS Mind
08-16-03, 21:56
This is my first trip into BKK, I need some advice on lodging. Reading through the forum has helped me narrow down my hotel choices to just a few. Here is my dilemna:

There are 6 [six] of us going from the US, we would rather get a "suite" instead of individual rooms. Figuring we'd pair of bedrooms, I was looking for hotels with 3 bedroom suites.

Grand President: Are they a full service hotel or are they just off-site apartment suites? They have a suite posted on their website which says 3 bedroom, has anyone ever seen their suites?

Emerald Hotel: Is it truly a 3 bedroom suite or is it a 2 bedroom with a roll-in bed?

I know the hotels are visitor friendly only because I learned in here!

After BKK, we're off to New Delhi for a week.

You can bet I'll have some stories for the forum[s] when I am back.

-DVS

MeatMan
08-17-03, 02:56
Byeon Kwang Sae,

Pretty much the same question I asked a while ago but, nothing in response:( anyone know?

1Ball
08-17-03, 16:00
DVS, i stay exclusively at grand President, and it is a full service "hotel", though all rooms are suites.
the 1 bedrooms have a seperate LR, kitchen area, which is semi stocked, seperate bathroom, sometimes with a shower AND a tub.

have not seen the 3 bedrooms, but if you send a mail to "gpsales@presidentpark.com", not only can you work them for a good rate, since you are looking for accomodations for 6, but they will probably send you a floor plan. Make sure you get them to throw in B'fast, they can get a little sneaky, and "omit" it from their final quote.

hope that helps.

1 ball

GettingTang
08-18-03, 00:18
Originally posted by 1ball
DVS, i stay exclusively at grand President, and it is a full service "hotel", though all rooms are suites.
the 1 bedrooms have a seperate LR, kitchen area, which is semi stocked, seperate bathroom, sometimes with a shower AND a tub.

have not seen the 3 bedrooms, but if you send a mail to "gpsales@presidentpark.com", not only can you work them for a good rate, since you are looking for accomodations for 6, but they will probably send you a floor plan. Make sure you get them to throw in B'fast, they can get a little sneaky, and "omit" it from their final quote.

hope that helps.

1 ball

Hey,
I checked out the hotel. They look great, nice modern rooms, plasma television, cable, and a CD sound system. My questions are this.
How close is it to the action, the main sukmuvit area?
Are they guest friendly?
Thanks,
GETTINGTANG~!

Jaimito Cartero
08-18-03, 00:33
GT - They're right close to it. Easy walking distance to Nana, and they're real close to the Nana skytrain. I'm checking in Tuesday night.

LoveLOS
08-18-03, 05:21
Originally posted by Jaimito Cartero
GT - They're right close to it. Easy walking distance to Nana, and they're real close to the Nana skytrain. I'm checking in Tuesday night. Jaimit
Thot I saw on BKKTNGHT you will be in LOS when I am (9/10-14). Hope we get to share a beer. LoveLOS

1Ball
08-18-03, 08:49
Tang, have never seen a plasma TV at the GP before, but maybe in the 3 bedrooms....

Guest friendly, depending on the time of night, the guard wil keep your guest's ID.

3 minute walk to Sukhumvit, make a right, it is 4 minutes to Nana, make a left a 10 minute walk to Cowboi

1 ball

Jodomas
08-18-03, 15:28
The one with plasma tv is the President Solitaire farther up Soi 11 from Grand President.

jodo+

GettingTang
08-18-03, 18:59
Ok, I was wrong about the plasma TV thing, but seriously, who the hell goes to thailand to watch television? From my take on the hotel it's not bad. I usually stay at the Ambassador, but think this will be much better, more relaxed.

Curious, I have never been to Bangkok in October, I hear it rains daily almost non stop. Is this true? Checking the weather chart, it's amazing. The rain literally stops on the spot the second week of November and cools off by about 10 degrees! No wonder the high season begins in November.

GETTINGTANG~!

DVS Mind
08-19-03, 00:04
RE: BKK Hotels

I've narrowed it down to the two hotels: Grand President and President Solitaire.

The GP was a 2bdrm with a roll in bed as they don't have availability for the true 3 bdrm. For some reason or another they won't budge on the rate, it's cheaper to book thru asiatravel.com.

The PS seems to be a higher end hotel with all the goodies in the room etc. Yet the rate is cheaper by almost 1500 bht.

I haven't seen the PS being mentioned recently in the forum, my concern is we'll have problems bringing in guests. There are 6 of us and figuring our habits, there many be 2-3 guests at a time in the room. Do ou guys think it should be a concern.

Does tipping get you what you want in BKK? For example give cash to the guard, the bellboy etc..I know generally speaking , money gets you what you want especially in INDIA [only other SE Asian] place I've been to.

Thanks,

DVS

GettingTang
08-19-03, 05:54
Originally posted by DVS Mind
RE: BKK Hotels
Does tipping get you what you want in BKK? For example give cash to the guard, the bellboy etc..I know generally speaking , money gets you what you want especially in INDIA [only other SE Asian] place I've been to.

Thanks,

DVS

Are you kidding? LOL, true tips are most often not expected by the working girls and eateries, but you can count on security guards, police officers, and desk clerks to "look the other way" with a tip every now and then! This I know for certain. It's almost law in Thailand. Give the security guard a nod or bow, tip and show him basic respect and you can bet he will leave you alone.

LoveLOS
08-19-03, 07:24
Corrected itenerary September 13 thru Sept 17....

And thats my final answer.

Planning on staying at Grand President.

LoveLOS

Wantoknow
08-19-03, 16:13
Will there be any more raids or clean sweeps as the G-7 or APEC meeting is going to be held in Bkk in October? It seems hotel rooms are hard to find during the week of October 22-28.

Boxing Rule 222
08-20-03, 20:38
I feel the most convenient hotel would be the Ambassador Hotel. I would recommand the wing instead of the tower, I stayed in both.

The Ambassador is located right in the middle of both Soi Cowboy and Nana plaza. It is the most a 40 baht ride in meter taxis to either place.

I do agree that there are many Indians that stay in this hotel but i never had any trouble.

The place is girlfriendly as long as you have a double room paid for.

GettingTang
08-23-03, 21:58
Tried six different Asian hotel booking websites for a reservation at the Grand President in Bangkok. All say they are sold out for the dates I was looking to book. (November 5-13) What's up with that? The Asian summit thing is supposed to be over by the end of October. Anyone else having similar problems with other hotels around Sukumvit? Sure there are zillions of luxury and sweet first class hotels around the outskirts of the main fun area, but who wants to be that far away from all the action. I have to be right down there in the mix of it all.

Lots of recommendations for the Ambassador. I have stayed there about 4 times and refuse to any longer. This place has basically become dive the past 8-10 years. Everything in the rooms is old, smells and there are billions of roaches everywhere! One even landed on my chest during my last stay at 3 AM in the morning.

The hotel sprays the rooms weekly with some sort of smelly roach poison. My room smelled like an Iraqi Bio chemical lab last time, plus I got very sick. I think it was from the bug spray they use. I will no longer stay there!

Please folks, I'm open for suggestions, help me! I have stayed at many of the suites, but I have got to have a pool for sun-worshiping in the afternoons.

Looking for a nice comfortable clean MODERN hotel with a pool, close to the action?

Any advise is appreciated!

GETTINGTANG~!

Duniawala
08-24-03, 04:43
GT

Try asiatravel.com

Chuck Boon
08-24-03, 12:43
I will be going to Bangkok from Oct. 14th to the 20th am looking for a high end one bedroom suite for round $100 US a night. I work for the Marriott Corp. so I get a bit of a discount if I stay at the Mayfair-Marriott Executive Apartments, but I don't know if the rooms there look luxurious, or just bland. I saw some photos of the rooms in the President Solitaire, and they look quit impressive. Has anybody here ever stayed at the Mayfair-Marriott? What was your impression of the place?

Chuck Boon
08-24-03, 13:43
One more comment... I was looking at how Orbitz.com is rating hotels in BKK and just had to wonder what they are thinking.

J.W. Marriott............ three stars
President Solitaire... two stars
Asia Hotel................ four stars!!!

Do I smell pay-off here?

Jodomas
08-24-03, 16:37
GT

Try to contact them directly via email. In April I was able to negotiate a rate of 1200 THB w/taxes no breakfast cash payment for a Topaz studio.

These are the email and web addresses

gpsales@presidentpark.com

www.grandpresident.com

Let me know how it goes. I'm planning my next trip around those dates. It's the only time I will be able to take time off from work.

jodo+

Phuquer
08-24-03, 20:34
GT, the Grand President phone number is 66-02-651-1201. I would prefer to call them personally, rather than doing it by email. I get to bargain with them by phone this way. Make sure you get the name of the person you deal with, and ask them to send you an email confirmation, or give you a confirmation number. ALSO, make sure they note that breakfast is included, otherwise they will try to add another 150baht whenever you eat their breakfast buffet (which is pretty good). Their swimming pool is outside on the 8th floor, and they have a cocktail lounge (with girls available), massage place (with girls available), and a pretty good excersise room with lockers and a sauna. This place is my homebase when I am in BKK, and I recommend it to everybody I can. GP should be paying me a comission for all the business I send them, but really, it is a pretty good and safe place. Girl friendly, too, by the way.

JackDaniels
08-31-03, 19:36
Originally posted by Phuquer
GT, the Grand President phone number is 66-02-651-1201. I would prefer to call them personally, rather than doing it by email. I get to bargain with them by phone this way. Make sure you get the name of the person you deal with, and ask them to send you an email confirmation, or give you a confirmation number. ALSO, make sure they note that breakfast is included, otherwise they will try to add another 150baht whenever you eat their breakfast buffet (which is pretty good). Their swimming pool is outside on the 8th floor, and they have a cocktail lounge (with girls available), massage place (with girls available), and a pretty good excersise room with lockers and a sauna. This place is my homebase when I am in BKK, and I recommend it to everybody I can. GP should be paying me a comission for all the business I send them, but really, it is a pretty good and safe place. Girl friendly, too, by the way.

I wrote to them but no reply! Do you know if Royal President and President Park are all part of the same group ?

Cheers.

LOS Traveller
09-01-03, 04:53
This is an old post - but I never saw a response. And it is kind of strange also as I see very few posts about the Dynasty Inn -- as it is an outstanding hotel right in the middle of the Nana action. I have stayed there many times and love it.

But, to answer your question - Dynasty doesn't have a hook-up. But their phone system is analog which means you can plug their phone cord directly into your modem and use dial up services to access your internet service provider (pre-paid Thai ISP's are easy to get and use -- email me for more info).

I think I was charged a few baht per call by the hotel but I can't remember. I did the same at Majestic Suites and know that I wasn't charged for the local calls.

Originally posted by MeatMan
This may come as a dumb question guys and if it comes of as being that, I apoligize.

Are there any girl friendly hotels that have Internet hook-up for a lap-top? I want to bring one along on the trip..thanx!(ie. Dynasty Inn)

As always info is greatly appreciated.

MEATMAN

Philosopher
09-13-03, 20:33
I have been to Thailand a few times, and have stayed at the Grace, Malaysia, Boston Inn.
I have read about the Grand President in this forum, and the Honey elsewhere.
I am planning to see if I can get cheap and friendly pussy amongst the beer bars in the sois off Sukhumvit and Nana Nua, or whether I should try the Thermae.
Any advice as to where to stay, or what area to wander through?
I am also planning to visit Pattaya again, and Chiang Mai, for the first time.
While in Pattaya I met a guy who only paid the girl 40 Baht a day, or so he said. Is this possible?
I'm going in November, and really looking forward to it!

Aardvark
09-13-03, 21:48
The Grand President is not as inexpensive as it used to be and has started being a little run down. If you email them and ask for rates then ask for the Nanapong or TSM discount. You don't have to be a member just mention one or both and ask for the discount.

Phuquer
09-14-03, 04:14
I wouldn't do anything with Grand President by email. Give them a call. Yes, Grand President, Royal President, and President Park are owned by the same group. But the prices are a little different, and the others aren't as willing to lower the prices as Grand President. Also, GP is right in the middle of everything. If you stay in the main buildings, the rooms are quite nice. Not run down at all. The rooms in building C (across the street) are a bit on the worn down side, but you don't have to pass the lobby at all to get to the rooms. And you don't have to cross the street to eat breakfast. I prefer this building. More private. But to each his own. If you want nicer rooms, the main building is the way to go. Oh, and you can get a DSL line in your room, for an additional cost. I think it is expensive, but it is available. I prefer to use the internet computers in the travel agency on the other side of the Ambassador Hotel. Very inexpensive, and private. Cheers.

JackDaniels
09-14-03, 16:37
Phuquer

Thanks for the feedback. I am quite tempted by President Solitaire. Its a little further away (10 minutes walk ?) but with transport provided, it should be OK. Prices are higher than GP, RP and PP but it does look amazing. Both RP and PS said guests are OK.

Cheers.

Aardvark
09-14-03, 22:24
Actually email workls quite well, then you can carry printouts of the rates they have emailed you. I was able to solve a problem at checkout once this way. Many others have fixed problems at checkout this way also.

Phuquer
09-14-03, 23:23
President Solitaire??? I hadn't heard about that one. If you go, let me know what you think about it. Where exactly is it? As far as email goes, I prefer to talk to the clerk by phone, and if there is a problem with the price I want to pay, I can ask to speak to the manager right then and there. I always ask for the clerk's (or manager's) name, and always get a confirmation number. I also ask them to make a note that breakfast is included. Lastly, I ask them to email me a copy of the confirmation. But I do prefer to do the dealing over the phone. That way, any confusion is cleared up as we speak. Just my way of doing things with them. Probably not the best, but it works for me.

JackDaniels
09-14-03, 23:34
Phuquer

This is the link to President Solitaire.

http://www.presidentsolitaire.com/hotels/presidentsolitaire/default.asp

It is part of the same group and is a lot more luxurious and more expensive too. It is located further down Soi 13 - there is a map on the site.

Cheers.

Jaimito Cartero
09-20-03, 05:35
I tried to post some more info about the GP when the messaging server screwed up a couple of weeks ago.

While the GP isn't horrible, the desk staff aren't too helpful. Get a room on a higher floor, and *do not* take a Jade room. They say it's an upgrade, but it's a corner room that's slightly bigger, but not updated lately.

The only one I'd tip was the maid. The guard downstairs didn't do anything for me. Room service was not great. They messed up orders two times out of four.

Though I never saw a room, Bright City Towers a few buildings (north?) up Soi 11 seems decent. Especially for a month stay or longer. 17,000 baht for a month for their small (25 SM), and free laundry service. Only 40 rooms though.

You can get laundry done at the Fondue restaurant/bar upstairs near the 7-11 that is across from the Ambassador hotel. 100 baht per kilo. I looked around a bit for cheaper washing, but it's not like Buenos Aires where you can get 8 kilos done for $US2.

At the Apex hotel in Pattaya, the rates were much cheaper. 8 baht for ss shirts, 5 baht for underwear.

Jaimito Cartero
09-20-03, 05:50
In my last stay of a week at the GP, they put me in a higher floor room, but again, no renovated room. The tub took 20 minutes to drain, the hot water volume was pathetic, and carpeting in the hall was in sad shape. One chair support was broken, there was some sort of dark mold in the bathroom, and the A/C would not adjust correctly. (Too cold all the time, and I like it a tad cold!)

One thing during my stay was problems with my room card. I've used this same system in hotels all around the world, and have never had 1/10th the problem I had here.

At first I thought carrying the key in my shirt pocket with my digital camera was demagnetizing it. I stopped carrying them together. Sometimes the key would work, sometimes not. A few times I was able to walk up and down the hallway, holding the key, and then it worked. (The same thing happened in both rooms, on the 3rd and 6th floors).

The last night, I came back, and it didn't work. I used the phone in the hall and called the front desk. It took them 15 minutes to send someone. It had worked 45 minutes earlier with no problem.

Freeler
09-20-03, 07:16
Jaimito Cartero,

Laundry: 100 baht per kilo.
I have to assume you made some kind of typo there....
All of your recent remarks/reports were right on the money, this one seems more than a little off...

PS The girl in picture - helluva little fuckmachine! B300.

GettingTang
09-20-03, 08:28
Jaimito Cartero
Great pics! I plan to try and soon post some photos from my room also. You should do the same. The photos from the website are a bit misleading, IMO. Way too much interest in this hotel from this board, considering the price it costs. I'm paying $47.00 per night and for half that the ambassodor is only one notch below this place. Will shoot many phtos of the room, the view, or lack of, and the surrounding areas. I went out and bought a high powered fan, just to try and drown out some of the street noise. It's starting to Fuk with my head all the horns and loud buses etc. I thought all the pesky chirping birds stayed at the Ambassador only. I noticed them chirping away their little beaks off at 6AM this morning also! Must be a conspiracy.

GETTINGTANG~!

Freeler
09-20-03, 09:58
GettingTang & other none sleepers,

Simply buy some earplugs.
Since I started using them on the road my life has improved considerably from its already high standard.
Silence...
The most beautiful sound in the world.

Joe Zop
09-20-03, 14:59
I'll second Freeler's comment on earplugs -- they're a standard part of my travel gear (along with a sleeping mask, which I don't use as often) and have been for years. Also, combine them with a pair of noise-dampening headphones on the airplane and you end up less fatigued from the trip.

Jaimito Cartero
09-20-03, 17:29
Freeler - Well, I checked around a bit in the Sukhumvit area, and 100 baht a kilo was the cheapest I could find. I thought it was a bit high. I saw a 4 hour laundry near Gullivers that charged 2-3 times more, and let's not even talk about what GP charges for stuff.

Jaimito Cartero
09-20-03, 17:34
Tang - Yeah, well I paid $25 a night for my GP stay, and I guess that after the great service I got last time at Majestic Suites it was just a let down.

I do have some pictures of my first room, I'll have to load the CD into the computer, and photoshop them together.

And not to give anyone the impression that the GP is a dive, it's not. It's just that with the great variety of good hotels around, I think it's been over pumped up.

Bizzie
09-21-03, 01:33
My first post in BKK section..
My dream will come true in December, so I'll need to ask a few questions to help with reservations:

Hotel PresidentSolitaire has caught my eye, especially the internet, DVD/CD, plasma TV.
Any one have any thought on this hotel? Is the website misleading?
Seems like the Grand President is not worth the effort.

Any other hotels that have similar accomodations/amenities as PS, and are in a good location (not in a noisy neighborhood).

What is the best website (Asiatravel.com?) to get good rates? Or should I go through the hotel?

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I will ask the senior citizens..errr..senior members, about the best mongring strategy for a BkK-newbie later-:)

Jaimito Cartero
09-21-03, 01:52
You'll almost always get the best deals direct through the hotel. It doesn't hurt to contact a broker, as it may give you a good idea on pricing.

You do want to make sure you're near the action, if you're bringing girls back to your room. December and January are high season, so you'll probably pay more.

Bill
09-21-03, 04:58
Freeler,
eeegads, that's not a girl, its an old woman obviously who's born children with her dark lopsided nips. 300b is way too much, in fact many of us would rather beat off. Gross.

Jaimito Cartero
09-21-03, 05:38
Bil - I think you're way too picky. She looked fine to me, and I've been known to pass on heavy stretch marked girls.

I've seen lots worse pictures posted on WSG.

Bizzie
09-21-03, 18:45
JC,
Thanks. December rates are higher all around.

I want to book the PresidentSolitaire, but I'm waiting for any info from anyone regarding their girl policy.

How far is this hotel from the action? Short walk or Taxi?

Jaimito Cartero
09-21-03, 20:29
Well the Solitaire is a bit up from Sukhumvit. It's address is listed as Soi 11, but it's closer to Soi 13. They do have a golf cart that will take to different places, but I have no idea what hours it operates.

Just looking at it on the map, I'd say it was approximately 1 km from Nana. Not a bad walk unless you're a big fat guy (cough).

Both the Grand and Royal Presidents are girl friendly. I would just ask if you could bring female "friends" in without any problem. I'd be surprised if they were unfriendly.

And while all the things they list are nice (plasma and such), as long as the room is nice, I'd forget about them.

One thing to note, when a girl asks, "Where are you staying"?, this is just another way to figure out what you can pay.

Their free wireless internet service is a nice option if you have a laptop equiped for it.

Bizzie
09-22-03, 04:56
To JC,
Thanks. That helps.

Does anyone know of a map ONLINE that has the hotels on it.
I have seen these for other cities.
Thanks.

Jaimito Cartero
09-22-03, 05:32
If you look in the Thailand FAQ section, there are some links to other sites. One of which is for *********.com, which has some okay maps to hotels in the different areas. I don't know of any "scale" maps out there, but I never looked too hard.

Some maps, such as the Groovy Maps series has lots of typos and outdated info. They had the GP as the Grand Resident (Thai pronucation, perhaps?), and a number of other errors.

Jaimito Cartero
09-22-03, 06:38
Here are a couple of pictures of my first room at the Grand President. No girls, just the room.

Joe Zop
09-22-03, 12:03
The sanukmaps yahoo group has some excellent maps of not only Bangkok but Pattaya and Chiang Mai. The Bangkok maps indicate where hotels are located and which ones are girl-friendly.

JuiceSpike
09-22-03, 14:18
Guys,

The Grand President Hotel Apartments has 3 buildings on soi 11. Building 1,2, 3. The best rooms are on building 1 and 2.

juice.

Freeler
09-22-03, 15:36
Jaimito Cartero,

Somehow that room looks better with a TG on the table....:D

Freeler
09-22-03, 16:07
On maps,

KasikornBank, formerly known as ThaiFarmersBank, has a free map of ChM, BKK, PhuketTown and Pattaya.
It's free and good and easy to carry and has some additional tourist information as well, like embassy phone#'s, transport-info etc.
Pick it up.

Jaimito Cartero
09-22-03, 19:11
That's the biggest Thai girl I've seen. I would be afraid to have that much weight on the table. Now if the rooms came with a naked Thai girl, I'd probably recommend the GP a lot more.

Jaimito Cartero
09-23-03, 07:38
Here is an actual girl in my room! I picked her up in Bier Garten, and actually paid 1000 baht, ST for her. She was pretty good, but when we were walking to GP, her cell phone rang and another farang was seeing when she was available.

We were right in the middle of it, and then the damn phone rings again. She tells him, she'll be back to BG in 15 minutes. Not what I want to hear while I'm in the middle! She then starts to get up, like she's going to leave. I quickly put a stop to that. We finished hurriedly, but it ruined what would have been a much more stellar session.

Freeler
09-23-03, 17:38
Jaimito Cartero,

I just knew you had to respond in this manner:)!
Your 44yo, nice tits, something to hold on to when you're fuckin' her g:):)d, shown here:
http://www.wsgforum.com/vforum/attachment.php?postid=123973
looks a lot better. And has more experience. And was a cheaper lay. And didn't give you any cellphone bullshit. And you will think of her with a smile on your face.
The one in your post below is just a waste of time memory.

Skinless
09-23-03, 18:20
JC: I am with Freeler on this one. The 500 bt lady gave it her best shot, she had a nice smile and I bet she was a good bonk. I say this even though I prefer the younger ladies myself - but not the mobile phone toting ones if I can help it. This is what I said about the 500 bt Bkk lady on the Bkk board:

JC: And don't be hard on this lady: she is trying to compete and I, for one, would gladly fuck her (nice hooters btw). We want these women to fuck them, not to draw oil paintings. ....My heart goes out to them and warm tears run down my cheeks when I think of their wretched lives. You should have paid her more and paid the younger tramp you photod in your hotel less - and you should have fucked her up the ass just so she knows the order of things. These older women are often better bang for the buck - though smoking cigarretes does show she probably never went to finishing school and so is not fully my type. Glad you got your ass rimmed too. Something for the next fussy guy to think about.

JC: You must learn to love these women. BTW, I had a great 3 some in Nana with two old Beergarden ladies. And when I saw them in Beergarden next day, they gave me a great wink. They far outclass the Nokia brigade. I remember one of these Nokia freaks asking me for 4,000 bt as she was a great fuck. Well I am a great fuck and they never give me 4,000 bt. JC: Be proud of the older lady and ashamed of the other j/o.

Shit, if you have ANY sense, you will go back to her, beg her forgiveness, give her flowers, give her 500 bt and get your ass rimmed again.

JC: I have just read your Bkk reply. The young tramp was the hassle, not the older refied lady with the nice wave and nicer hubcaps. When you are trawling the bottom end,see if they grasp at the money or are in a hirry to do the deed. If they are, dump them. Always go for the unhurried experience.

I think you owe that older lady an apology for libeling her here. Go back, apologize and offer 500 bt damages. And do get the double shot.

Joe Zop
09-23-03, 18:55
It's also not a terribly difficult thing to just convince the TG that she needs to turn the cell phone off while she's with you short-time, especially after she's used it once on the way over. If she argues, tell her she can turn it on again just as soon as the two of you have finished your session, as you don't like to be interrupted. If she refuses, sadly say you need to call things off -- there aren't many who will risk throwing a session out the window on that issue. I've got utterly no problem with ladies trying to line up other dates, as long as it's not going to interfere with my time and enjoyment, as was the case here.

And Skinless and Freeler, while I agree with you that the older TG is just trying to make a living, so is the younger. No disagreement that more experienced providers can give a better session or that they face obstacles due to the constant influx of newcomers -- rather similar to the issues around stunners and their periodic tendency to be receivers as opposed to participants. But youth and enthusiasm are also turn-ons -- viva la difference!

Jaimito Cartero
09-23-03, 19:19
Well, by lowpoint, I wasn't really refering to quality. I was referring to age/looks mostly. (How's that for back pedalling?) Yes, the younger one was nicer looking, but I just hate being hurried.

Actually she came up to me in Thermae the night I took the terrible twosome out of there. I'm a big butterfly man, so it's rare that I see the same girl more than once. (Only saw "Kai" in Pattaya for a day and a half)

I was in Bier Garten a few days before and saw this very nice girl and was starting to talk with her. One of her regulars came in, and she just ran off so quick that there were skidmarks. That pisses me off a bit.

My best experience on my first trip was with Ton of Eden. And she's 41 or 42, so I don't discriminate.

And while 2 or 3 pops in a hour sounds like fun, I'm just not up to it anymore. Actually, I didn't do more than one a day for the whole time until I went to Eden the day before I left.

Skinless
09-23-03, 19:23
So Mr Zop likes the young ladies. That is nice. I have helped many young ladies in my time, watched them give it their best shot as they bbbj'd me. God - and John Skinless - loves a trier But there my friend is the difference. These Nokia fuckwits don't try. Enthusiasm, Mr Zop!Enthusiasm, Mr Zop! Enthusiasm, Mr Zop! She is supposed to be a hooker, not a fucking phone receptionist. Phone freaks are clock watchers, heart no good, pussy often not much better either. They think because they are young and because they get fucked every day by imbeciles with baht to burn, life owes them a living. Life might. But John Skinless doesn't. JC: go back and fuck the 500 bt lady again and if you want to fuck a young lady, at least fuck one who is pretty and/or nice. The only time Ms Nokia should open her mouth is to give a bj.

Hey JC: take an old lady for a long lay. Take young ones for the orgy (vitamin v too maybe). ALWAYS tell them you love them and they are special. AND BELIEVE IT FIRMLY YOURSELF. Then when the party is over, move on.

Jaimito Cartero
09-23-03, 19:24
JZ - This was the only time I had problems with a cell phone. I got rid of my cell phone in the US a couple of years ago, since they're so annoying. Really, why would I want to let people reach me anywhere?

I would prefer to take a hammer and smack the damn phone. I did find a independent girl on the beach in Pattaya who didn't have a cell phone. She was 1/2 crazy, though it took me a couple of hours to determine this. I'm 1/4 crazy, so I can put up with a bit. As long as they're not going to bite my dick off. ;)

I'll post her picture in the correct forum, since this has gone off topic a bit.

Freeler
09-23-03, 19:38
Joe Zop, Skinless and JC,

Before cellphones made it to Thailand, courtesy of my Finnish friends, the girls already used the phone to scam. Back in the old days, when the Thai language was a total mistery to me, a girl apparently made the receptionist call my room and say there was a caller for the girl.
--???--
I didn't tell her which hotel I stayed at to begin with. After the call, which was obviously faked, she had to leave in a hurry to be with her dying uncle.
I helped her out the door a little quicker than she expected.
NO pay, NO free return trip to Patong from Phuket town on my motorbike. Bye-bye. And she didn't argue.
Cellphones just made their scams a little less obvious.

Joe Zop
09-23-03, 23:03
Precisely, Mr. Skinless, enthusiasm is always the key and age and looks are secondary. But in the Quest for the Holy Tail, seekers are always hoping for a combination of all three.

I do beg to differ a bit on the cell phone side of things. There are many, many young women for whom a cell phone is simply an extension of themselves -- that's how they stay in touch with the world. There are plenty of "Nokia babes" who are great to spend time with, once you get them thinking that they need to pay attention to you as opposed to whomever is on the other side of the line. Certainly, as Freeler's story makes clear, there are plenty of scam artists out there, but let's not paint with too wide a brush on something that in many cases is just people talking to people and not understanding they're being rather rude.

Bizzie
09-23-03, 23:11
To Joe Zop,

I found a map on BKK which was shoet on information.
I could not find the "sanukmaps yahoo group" you had mentioned. Are these the correct spellings? Any link?

JC,
Eveyone is down on Grand President, so I'll have to skip it.
Would you senior LOS mongers put Nana Hotel in the same category?
I am only going to be there for a few (3-4?) days, and generally like a nice hotel, close to the action.

Thanks.

Joe Zop
09-23-03, 23:17
Well, it appears that Jackson has now added Yahoo's address to the banned words list because people have taken too many liberties with promoting their various groups. However, the address is listed in the Thailand FAQ -- just do a search there for sanukmaps. I'd simply upload the maps here, but I suspect they would violate the forum's space requirements for pictures, and reducing them basically eliminates their usefulness.

It would probably pay to take a good look at the FAQ in any event, as it has links to other useful maps as well as tons of pertinent info.

And I'd personally not stay at the Nana, as it's pretty run down and there are tons of options fairly close.

Jaimito Cartero
09-23-03, 23:24
BA - I've never stayed at Nana, but I was there during the breakfast buffet, and it looked decent.

I stayed at Majestic Suites, and got their mid level room. It's a small hotel, but just around the corner from Nana. Excellent service, everyone very helpful, and my first choice for stays of a week or less.

I would book direct through the hotel directly, and Bob is always helpful with rates and such via email.

No swimming pool, and no view, but nice rooms, and excellent
service.

I think it's www.majesticsuites.com

I stayed at GP over 3 weeks, and never used the pool.

Skinless
09-23-03, 23:42
Badass: Maps in Thai FAQ section, questions 3,5 etc. Nana is fine for bonking. Book in on line. You will be surrounded by about 5 million hookers with 5 million Nokias - so not so much need for maps.
Nokia babes like this one who really pay attention (Freeler's originally)

Freeler
09-24-03, 04:52
Skinless, all,

For the sake of truth: The 'nokia_babe_pays_attention' pic wasn't mine, but came from a poster on (mainly) the PI board.

Bizzie
09-24-03, 17:02
Thanks to all.
I'll be booking next for a trip in late December. I do like 4-5* hotels, but those seem to be further away.

Are the days from christmas until new year any different in BKK.
Meanig the girls don't skip out to go visit their mommies around christmas, do they?

That's a funny picture, Skinless!!

Freeler
09-24-03, 18:58
Badass,

Not much different, no.
BUT!!!
There is this thing called NewYear. There are three of them in Thailand every year* and everybody with relatives in Isaan will go to their relatives. Everybody leaves on December 30 or 31 and returns on January 1, 2 or 3. The message here is: don't try to leave BKK just before NewYear and don't attempt to go there just after NewYear - that's by rail, bus or domestic flight..
Of course many BG's in BKK have relatives in Isaan. But there are so many BG's in BKK that you won't notice it if a few thousand are missing:)!

*Western, Chinese and Thai...

Bizzie
09-25-03, 05:06
Freeler,
How is it possible that you picked the exact dates that I am looking at for a flight out?-:)

Anyway, I dont mind the busy airports, as long as BKK town is not a pussy-less ghost time between 12/24 and 1/2

After all, I am making a long journey to stay only a few days for one reason alone...wall to wall pussy.

Bide59
09-25-03, 08:49
Jaimito Cartero,

are the Majestic suites "guest friendly" or do I have to pay to take a girl home ?
Plan to be in Bkk in November and would like to stay at Nana for the first time.

Thanks,
Bide59

Jaimito Cartero
09-25-03, 09:10
Majestics Suites is very girl friendly. If you want to get the free breakfast, book a double, otherwise, don't worry about it.

Bide59
09-25-03, 11:39
Jaimito Cartero,
thanks for the fast response.
Any bar or other amusement place around the hotel you could recommend ?
Thanks again,
Bide59

Freeler
09-25-03, 15:13
Badass,

I just know shit:D!
Planning to touch down on December 25 myself, early morning. So if you're delayed...
Now, I do like big pussy myself, but isn't wall-to-wall a wee bit too big:)?

Photo: big pussy. I took advantage of this girl's assets on three different trips and she never let me down. Awesome feeling!

Bizzie
09-26-03, 01:07
Freeler,
I'll be there around that time, but flight is not booked yet.
Hotel is still pending too.
I would love to get directions from some old hands while there.
I am torn between the dates, Should I spend the christmas eve in BKK?

Your Big Pussy lady is missing a coule of teeth:D

Skinless
09-26-03, 01:39
Freeler: On a more philosophical note, Big pussy lady does look like The Lady with the Teeth. I also notice the pussy is shaved (hard not to notice). This is obviously not done to make her look pretty, an impossible task in any event. What do people (Mr Zop) think the reason is working women shave their pussies? One Nana lady told me it was coz so many guys like DATY? Could this be true?

Freeler
09-26-03, 02:15
badass,

christmaseve: lots of girls dress up like santa, that is, they wear a santa hat and sometimes a red dress. you will see merry christmas and happy new year banners all year round.
i come to the kingdom at year's end because it's fuckin' winter in my part of the world and i don't like to be cold.
honestly, there is no christmas in thailand, but of course you will here jingle bells and stuff.
and newyear is nothing special either, hardly any fireworks or typical new year food.
happy newyear in thai: sawadee pii mai.
big pussy lady didn't miss any teeth at all, one or two were a little out of line tho. bpl did not get the dental care thai kids are getting today. dental care now is very good, in fact few countries in the west provide dental care to kids the way thailand does.

skinless,

did you lose you skin to be more beautiful? some pussies look (and smell!) better without the bush, some don't. in this case it helped add to the overall impression - the damned thing looked even bigger.
i quit eating out a long time ago. i don't consider it safe anymore.
bpl does not have the bj skills that the lwth possesses, but she is a much better fucker. she is harder to find 'coz' she has no fixed working address like the lwtt.
btw, i do have pics of the lwtt showing her face. i won't post them. it would put too many viewers off their morning grapefruits:d!

Jaimito Cartero
09-26-03, 04:53
Bide - You're right around the corner from Nana. Read the Bangkok forums a bit. This is where some good action is. You have a lot of clubs, plus the disco at the Nana Hotel. You can find plenty of freelancers hanging around outside on the street by the Nana Hotel in the evening.

You'll also find freelancers across the street in front of the Tony Roma, all along Sukhumvit. Go up Soi 5 and 7 and you'll find plenty of girls there too. Normal girl lines: "Where you go, I go with you", "You handsome", "I like you".

Joe Zop
09-26-03, 14:58
Skinless, you might be right about TG pros shaving because of DATY, although I've also had some gogo cuties tell me it just works better with their g-strings or bikini bottoms. Of course, for many TGs shaving is truly a minor issue, as they don't have all that much in the way of bush in the first place.

Badass, if I had to choose when to actually be traveling I'd definitely choose Christmas -- New Year's can be a nightmare all around the kingdom, and while it can be a nice time to be there, it can be a miserable time to travel as all the local transport is booked up and jammed with people. Unlike New Year's, the Thais don't care the least about Christmas -- it's a farang thing, and everything around Christmas is done for farangs. The other thing to note is that because you've got a fair number of people who use the holidays as a time to vacation in LOS, there are plenty of places that jack up their prices during that period. You see this both at hotels and restaurants. There are, of course, others that do not, but it's a good idea to find out for sure.

Bizzie
09-27-03, 00:16
JZ and Freeler,
Thanks for the advice. Flights are done!
BKK around christmas for a few days and then the German FKK clubs around New year. (he said while drooling on the keyboard:))

Although I was sold on the Prsidentsolitaire 'cause of nice amenities, I'm told here that it's a little too far. I really prefer a higher end hotel (but nothing outrageous) and hotels near Nana don't seem to be that. So I don't know.

I haven't f****d or s****d a hairy pussy in a long time. It has to be shaved or finely trimmed.
What do you do If an unwanted hairy cat leaps at you? Should I check before hand? Ask her to shave? Shave her myself?:D

Jaimito Cartero
09-27-03, 09:01
Bad - I've never had a girl demand DATY. There were a few this trip that I didn't even go south on. While I think it gets them in the mood better if they've squirmed around a bit, I don't think you'll have any problems.

I don't know how to ask if they're shaved or not. I don't think it would be too hard to figure or pantomine out.

Joe Zop
09-27-03, 14:57
Badass, TGs tend in general to be somewhat less bushy than others, so I doubt you'll have a huge problem. There are exceptions, of course, but if it's a big thing for you, you can always stick to gogo ladies who dance in microscopic bottoms...

And as far as somewhat nicer hotels, you could always do the Sheraton, which is on Sukhumvit not far from Soi Cowboy and which is definitely girl-friendly.

cougar
10-02-03, 19:13
Hi, I am new to the forum. What is DATY?

Hi,

I see this question in the Forum all the time, so I have to ask: In your browser, can you see the link labeled "Terms and Abbreviations" in the black menu bar at the top of this page? Apparently there must be some problem with the visibility of this link in some browsers, so any feedback you could give me would help me identify the specific problem.

jackson@wsgforum.com

Thanks,

Jackson

Diver69
10-04-03, 17:47
OK - my apology - after posting this message, I did a search and found numerous entries on this hotel. So, please forgive me for the oversight (following numerous forums over the past year or so will do tricks to your mind) and doing things in reverse. But, any additional comments is still appreciated.

Woraburi Inn on Suk Soi4?

Hi all,

I'd asked a question on the same hotel on the Pattaya board - but since this is a Hotel board, I figured I's post here too.

Anyone stayed at this Woraburi Inn Sukhumvit Soi 4 before? Are they guest friendly? There's a big price jump from Standard to Superior room (450 to 800) - do you know if it's worth the extra 350?

I think this hotel is under the Sawasdee group. I was gonna stay at Royal Asia Lodge, but then I found this and was wondering if I should go with this Woraburi instead.

Counting the days to November when I touch down in the LOS.

Thanks for any info.

Diver

Joe Zop
10-04-03, 22:28
Jackson, I suggest using a clear 30pixel gif in a cell at the beginning of the table as a way of ensuring that the top menu opens to the proper height. That's always worked for me.

Skinless
10-05-03, 00:35
Jackson: I can see the link labeled "Terms and Abbreviations" in the black menu bar at the top of this page. It is as clear as black and white to me.

Cougar: Sorry I don't know what the term DATY means. Maybe it is in the Terms and Abbreviations and Jackson is fed up seeing this question being repeatedly asked. What do you think?

Keiko: If you are reading this, I want to DATY today.

Bizzie
10-06-03, 05:48
I was just messing around...

I had dome research on the hotels in BKK for my trip in December. I had read on another board that the Marriott was on ethe hotels that someone had gotten for cheap.

I had nothing better to do one night and I named the price. It said the price is too low to ahv any chance. I changed the date and figured that there is no way that this price wil be accepted for a 5* hotel aroudn christmas.

Well. I was wrong! It accpted $56/night or $68 with taxes. including christmas eve and day.

Shit! I really didn't want to stay at an American hotel chain, again. I wanted some local flavor. I was checking out the President group hotels.:(

No way to change the dates now. I really wanted to take a couple of days detour to Pattaya.
Anyway, can't complain too much. This is a great price!
See what messing around will get you.:)

(I've read that this isa friendly hotel, correct?)

Are you guys serious? DATY= dinning at the Y or licking pussy.

DavidC
10-08-03, 09:38
hi brothers

I got this cheap package from SFO to BKK, only 830ish including all the fees, r/t flight and 4 nights at the amari atrium hotel, heard the hotel is not girl friendly but oh well that's what the s/t hotels are for

Jaimito Cartero
10-08-03, 17:42
Most of the packages can be beat if you look a little. For instance, Northwest has a nice little coupon that they're sending out in the mail. (Along with grocery ads, etc) $488 from LAX or SFO to most Asian destinations. About $530-$540 with taxes. Then get a hotel near the action, and you'd end up paying just $630-$650.

For short stays in Sukhumvit, I'd try Majestic Suites.

DavidC
10-08-03, 21:46
hey JC
thanks for the info bro, I looked up the ticket prices on different sites and they were all over 1000! which is why I thought the package I'm about to get is cheap. Any more info about the NW deal?? can I just call up and request it even though I don't have hte actual coupon and any deadlines to use it??

Jaimito Cartero
10-08-03, 23:40
Well if you look in your mail, you might have one yourself. The coupon code is PD837, but you need to have an individual certificate number.

You might try checking flyertalk.com - They're a discussion group that covers all sorts of travel specials and stuff. You might be able to trade someone for one of those coupons.

In the two trips I made to Bangkok this year, I paid $530 and $650, and I['m not in CA. They are always having sales. LAX and SFO are the main gateways.

What I always do is check the Dream Maps section of travelocity.com - Click in your departure city and then go to the Asia map. In checking from LAX, China air has tickets for $553 plus tax.

The Northwest coupon is good for two fares, and flights are available. $536.90 total for a flight I checked in November.

Most cheaper fares require a 6 or 7 night stay (from departure date, so 5 or 6 days in Thailand).

Duniawala
10-09-03, 15:51
davidC

Here is a link to get cheap tickets on the NWAirlines. Its a cash and miles deal and you can go as low as $325 with 20K miles or $505 with 5k miles

http://www.nwa.com/features/cashnmiles_pac.html

There are other deals available. You can also buy miles at 2 cents a mile and it will be still cheaper.

Have fun!!

LittleBigMan
10-11-03, 22:44
Gentleman,

There is a small catch to the program with NWA, If it matters to you!

This program of travel does not include frequent flyer miles, you get nothing for this trip!

LBM

Jaimito Cartero
10-11-03, 23:04
LBM - Correct on no mileage for the cash and miles deal.

However, full mileage on the PD837 coupon deal. The fares to BKK are so cheap, I'd never use any miles to go there. If you're at least Gold level frequent flyer, you get enough miles to go to Central or South America for free for one flight to Thailand.

GettingTang
10-12-03, 00:00
Since we are discussing air travel for the moment in this section, I thought I might add my two cents worth.

My preferred route is HNL (Honolulu) to BKK. I reside in the SO Cal area, but find a week trip to Honolulu and then on to Bangkok my preferred route. This way I can acclimate to the weather before going :).

As for airfares. When I travel this route HNL to BKK, I almost never even buy my ticket in advance. I have purchased tickets on the day before travel from HNL and managed to always find a deal at or below $600 RT from Hawaii! Where else can you get a bargain like that. China air also has route that only takes 14 hours total travel time from HNL! Most always for below $600! There are gobs of travel agents in the greater waikiki and Honolulu area that can score you these routes!

My schedule is hectic and my dates often have to change from one day to the next. I have found this route to be great. If you try buying a last minute round trip from the mainland, USA, it will be far more expensive, but for some reason out of Honolulu, the price stays the same.

Also, use China air, not as good of service as JAL or Korean, but they charge no penalty fee for changing your return dates. JAL, often won't even allow a change of dates on special fares and Korean charges $100 to $150 for the return date change! China, just basically lets you walk onto any flight they have open seats on.

GETTINGTANG~!

Diver69
10-12-03, 01:00
GT,

I posted on Cebu, PHI forum a question to u. Can u check? Looking for more details on your recent trip.

Diver

The Traveler
10-13-03, 18:45
Hi

does anyone post about hotels in this hotel threat ?

The Traveler
10-13-03, 18:52
To Jackson

I cannot see the link labeled "Terms and Abbreviations" in the black menu bar at the top of this page !
I cannot see the whole bar.

Might be, because I bookmarked the thailand section so I don't have to click through the whole site.

My current config is WinMe, IE 6.0.2800.1106 incl. Updates SP1, Q813489, Q330994, Q818529, Q822925, Q828750

Hope it helps

Freeler
10-13-03, 21:06
Traveler,

The black bar disappears after you right-clicked and opened in new window.
Just go to : http://www.wsgforum.com and LEFT click to the page you want to bookmark. The black bar will appear on opening the page.
I guess it's a flaw in the forum-program, not an IE flaw for a change:D!

The picture shows the forum after only LEFT clicks, there is also the bar on the left hand side.

Freeler
10-13-03, 21:10
Here's the same page as below after RIGHT clicking and open page in new window...

The Traveler
10-13-03, 23:05
Freeler

thanks for the info, but I don't have any prob with it. I just saw a post from Jackson below, who asked for some feedback, cause he thought it might be a browser bug.

Have fun

Jock123
10-17-03, 03:39
Does anybody know if the Conrad is girl-friendly?

Thanks.

Thunder_Boy
10-20-03, 12:51
Girl Friendly US Hotel Chains?

I was wondering if the US chains give you grief about bringing women to the room. I was considering a stay at the Westin near the World Trade Center.

cougar
10-23-03, 16:27
Is Ambassodor Hotel a girlfriendly hotel?

Thanks

Cage Monkey
10-30-03, 12:08
Tried to reserve a room at the Majastic Suites, but they are fully booked during my time period. However, Bob there will reserved me a similar rate at the Grand President. Near as I can tell, it is a better rate than that I could find anywhere else for the same room. Apparently there is an arrangment between the two hotels. The rate is not a huge discount over the best I could find for the same, but all my dealings with Majastic have been nothing but postitive.

Last time I was there, I used Thailandhotels.com for my reservation for a better rate than what I could get directly for the Majastic. A few days after I left, Bob emailed me to inform me that I had been double charged on my CC. Both the .com and Majastic suites charged me, and he wanted me to know how I wanted it handle before even I knew about it! Cannot complaine about their customer servce at all! So, Majastic Suites is ALWAYS my first choice in Bangkok, and highly recommend it to others.

Cage Monkey

LoveLOS
11-02-03, 02:58
Jock - Don't think so. Think Sukhumvit area...

Thunder - Not Girl Friendly. Go with Mariott in Sukhumvit for 5 star USA chain that is girl Friendly. Get on the skytrain for two stops to get to WTC - fast and easy.

For those wanting 5 stars and girl friendly at a reasonable rate for that level of hotel, there are only two five star hotels in Sukhumvit, the Mariott and the Landmark. Both are girl friendly. Try using http://www.priceline.com and select only Suk and only 5* level. A bid of $55 a night was working well in September. Still spendy compared to the $20-$30 rates most of the middle-of-the-road hotels charge, but beats the $100+ website quoted rates!

Cougar - Ambassador is absolutely Girl friendly.

Cage - I stayed at GP last trip. Good rooms with safe and girl friendly, not to worry.

Take me with you.... LoveLOS

Bergen Bob
11-02-03, 08:32
Hi,

I am comming to Bangkok for just 1 night in December, and I'm stying at the Amari Boulevard Hotel.

Is that near the "action" and is it a girl friendly hotel?

Hope to get a reply to my questions.

Joe Zop
11-02-03, 17:21
The Amari Boulevard is very close to the action, not far from Sukhumvit and Nana, but to the best of my knowledge it is NOT a girl-friendly hotel.

SexReview
11-02-03, 18:34
Joe,

You are right, the Amari Boulevard hotel is not guest friendly. A friend of mine took his live in girlfriend and checked in with her they still charged him 2000 baht ( as I remember) for a second person and about 500 baht for her breakfast the next day. I would recommend that Bergen Bob rent a second hotel for play or change hotels all together.

Bergen Bob
If you want to change hotels all together the Landmark and JC Marriott are both in the area and equal to the service level of Amari, but guest friendly.

Sexreview

Bergen Bob
11-02-03, 19:17
Thanks for the answers.

I will change my hotel booking to Landmark.

Bergen Bob

Bill
11-03-03, 21:27
Nana hotel's comfortable king size bed. I shouldn't even be recommending this hotel, its hard enough to get into as it is.

Wanderlust
11-05-03, 15:37
BUDGET LODGING SUKHEMVET

In 2002 I hung out in Thailand for 4-5 months. My budget was somewhat restricted. Here’s a short piece on some of the Bangkok hotels I stayed in. The prices have remained close. With the exception of “The Ponds”, this info and much more can be found in the Thailand edition of” Lonely Planet travel books which cater mainly to the backpacker crowd, always budget concience. I think Lonely Planet has a web site.

ALL GIRL FRIENDLY

Golden Palace: 490bt. About 200 meters down SOI 1 off Sukhemvit This is the best all around deal I came across for day to day prices in the heart of Suk. Wonderful honest staff, good service. They will also let you store your belongings in the back room as you travel. I had no problems with this. On site restaurant, room service, safety deposit box, fax/tele, A/C, Queen bed, balcony to pool ( a nice high dive for the adventure seeker- me) Usually hot water in bath. The pool is very nice here and has an attendant to fetch drinks and food for your lazy ass.

Sukhemvit Crown: 470bt. A/C room 390bt. Fan room. 1 block down Soi 8, Alley to right (back entrance). This is also the location of Alleycats BJ bar and soi 8 beer garden. 2 Blocks from ground zero central. 2nd best deal daily lodging (no pool). Same as above but older. Honest and helpful staff here too. Storage. This place has full size mirrors above beds.

The Ponds: 16000-22000+ monthly. This is a first class monthly and a great deal. Security at gate, maintained and walled grounds in a jungle setting with antique rock carvings ect. I really liked this place but it was a way off the beaten path for walking. It’s a seven minute walk to Sukhemvit. Free morning paper,Cable T/V, telephone (internet compatable), Full kitchen with pots/pans/dishes/coffeee maker, Separate bed room, Balcony, couch and love seat, storage, hot water. Great staff. This outfit has 3 buildings nearby. Ask for the penthouse at the rooftop pool it is only 16000bt if it is available and it is very cool especially in a lighning storm. I’m serious! If your looking for excellent deal on monthly hang in here with me on directions.

East on sukhemvit to soi 22. OK, those are the only street names I remember! BUT… walk down Soi22 about 8 minutes. There will be 2 chinese ma and pa hole in the wall stores on the right side next to each other. Take a right when you get to the corner (MC taxi’s hang here) and continue walking about another block. Entrance on right. Fairly small obscure sign.

MIAMI HOTEL: Stay away unless you like problems......

OliverM
11-06-03, 18:24
GRANDE SHERATON SUKHUMVIT

Does anybody know this Hotel ? Is it girl-friendly? I already booked it so I can't change it anymore so that I'm only interested in this case and no alteratives.

Thanks Guys & Greetings from Germany

Olli

SexReview
11-06-03, 23:52
OliverM,

The GRANDE SHERATON SUKHUMVIT, is very girl friendly they love to see you coming in with a girl because they we be adding a few thousand baht to your bill for a joiner fee. If you booked the room as a single, try to rebook it as a double and you maybe can get one girl in that way, but other than that you will be paying for your guests, sorry for the bad news.

Sexreview

AsiaTraveler2
11-07-03, 16:06
Cougar;

The Ambassador is girl friendly, but be sure to book a double room for you and your "Mrs." That way, they don't charge you extra for the "guest". If you book just a double and don't make the reservation for 2 people, you pay the "joiner" fee. It's really stupid, but necessary if you want to save some grief. The log that they keep near the elevators notes how many people are booked for the room. If you book 2 people, the security guards by each tower won't charge you. Hope this helps.

AT2

Oetziboy
11-08-03, 19:33
JOE - reg. Amari Htl. Boulevard

I'm guest since they open the first wing at the Amari, so I guess not less than 15 years, I had never ant problems or surcharge (joiner fee) yust ask them to "VIP" status, they will handle you green room card instead of the grey one, yust show it descretly to the card when you're on the way back, the security will even not ask your name by noticing the green colour card in your hand

Joe Zop
11-08-03, 20:00
Excellent information! Do they give VIP status for free simply on request? Any other aspects to it?

QxGuy
11-09-03, 02:40
The SGS is definitely girl friendly with no additional charges.

I have stayed there on six trips in the last two years. Never an extra charge and the entry off the street at Rivas is completely "no hassle".

qxguy

Oetziboy
11-09-03, 19:51
JOE ZOP
actually I had to pretend my VIP status, I mean to say that they did not give the green card automatically, but ones I have said I have VIP status they did handled over the green one.
I believe if you're regular guest you should not have problems at all (may remind that the Boulevard is not exactly a punter place.....)

SexReview
11-10-03, 01:06
qxguy,

I would not say a hotel is girl friendly if you must sneak in through the side entrance. If the GRANDE SHERATON SUKHUMVIT was truly girl friendly you could walk right in the front door and not have any problems which is not the case. With so many good hotels being 100 percent open to guest why deal with those who are not?

Sexreview

Sainter
11-15-03, 07:28
I'll be going through Bangkok for a couple of days next month and a need some hotel advice. Can anyone suggest a particular area where there are numerous hotels to choose from? My budget is around 1000bht or less. I usually like to walk around before I make my choice. Also if there are bars and clubs in the immediate area it would be an added bonus.

Thanks.

Globotto
11-16-03, 09:07
I recommend the Sukhumvit Crown Hotel its between Soi 6 and Soi 8. The room costs 800baht and there is a great big mirror next to the bed which is worth 50% of the price if you are the voyuer type.

The Hotel is tucked back a block from Sukhumvit so it a little hard to find but its quite back there and included is a free breakfast.

Bottler
11-16-03, 17:24
Sainter

You could try the Royal Asia Lodge in Soi 8 or The Dynasty Inn, Soi 4. Both within your budget and ok places to stay and right near the action. (also girl friendly)

Sainter
11-17-03, 07:48
Thanks heaps for the help guys.

Bkktg
11-20-03, 23:52
getsome,

The Westin is on top of Robinson Sukhumvit dept store, between soi 17 and 19. No joiner fees or ID checks.

Renovated rooms are great, much nicer and bigger than at the JW Marriott.

BostonBread
11-28-03, 05:38
Great source of info. Heading to Thailand soon. I've found the info here very good. Looking for a recommendation for a five star hotel that doesn't charge you for visitors and no id checks? Westin sounds good, but I'm looking to live it up when in paradise. Also, will have a weekend free and thinking to head to Phuket. Would you recommend an inexpensive hotel there? (on my dime!)

Thanks.

Cruk
11-30-03, 07:58
Just spent 2 nites at Majestic Suites. Excellent location, great service and easygoing attitude + its affordable.

Highly recommended, but book early.

Cheers,

Cruk

PS _ Is it me or do the Pattaya ladies look better and try harder than the BKK lasses ???

Jimmy Red Cab
12-01-03, 00:07
Cruk,

I am staying at the Majestic Suites in January for the third time, excellent location, guest friendly and a superior room costs just £25 a night. Don't just turn up in high season, it will be fully booked.

Nobody Home #2
12-02-03, 05:06
I am staying overnight by the Bangkok airport. Arriving after midnight and departing at 8am, not much time in Bangkok. Does anyone have any suggestions for hotels by the airport, that have working girls in the area? Other than getting in a cab and going down to Nana Plaza, don't really have time for that, any other ideas out there? Help me out guys!

Thanks.

Bill
12-03-03, 18:59
Nobody,
As others have said, you have time to get laid 1-3 times if you arrive in Bkk after midnight. Catch a meter taxi to Nana in 30 minutes or less and get a hotel near Nana plaza, ex. Dynasty, Grace, or the Nana if they have an opening. Rooms will be 26 bucks or less. Forget about sleep, just head straight across the street in the plaza or take a freelancer on the street. It's that simple. No traffic between 12am and 530 am. Just do it! And don't forget to report!

Lh895
12-04-03, 01:18
Is anyone familiar with the Bangkock City Inn? Is this a guest friendly place or am I better off at the Landmark?

LH895

Wanderlust
12-04-03, 04:53
SAINTER

One more for you to check out is Golden Palace soi 1. Nice pool, honest staff, lock boxes, A/C. All around good deal for 800bt.
PHONE: (02)-2525115 or (02)-2525169

Also here's the # for Sukhemvit Crown Soi 8 (next to Alleycats) as mentioned by Globoto earlier. Alot of my friends like the Crown, but they have no pool. The huge mirror by the bed is pretty handy. PHONE: (02)-2535672 or (02)-2538401

Shamas
12-04-03, 06:40
My work mate TCJ just came back from his second BKK excursion. He and his TGF had reservations at the Ambassador Hotel. His reservation called for a room with a king bed, he didn't get it. Was told by the desk man that they would take care of it the next day, didn't happen. He was also told he could extend his stay for all ten days. On his third day they told him that he had to check out because they had overbooked. Not quite what I would like to have happen to me.

His TGF called a friend at the JWMarriot, no discounts available due to heavy booking. The friend suggested they try PBs Hotel 40 Suk Soi 3. They checked it out and were very happy with the room they were able to choose. 800bt per night double occupancy with breakfast. They never ate at the resturant, but the room service was very good and they have both Thai and American food, all very good. I have their business card, it doesn't indicate an email address nor website, here's the phone number 02-6511525-7, 02-2536060, Fax (662) 2532510.

Shamas

Freeler
12-04-03, 16:12
Shamas,

Of course I don't know the excact circumstances, but many Thai hotels have a simple rule: A booking is only a booking if it's paid in advance.
This happens throughout the B100-B10,000 pricerange. If you are told this is the rule at your hotel, you better make up your mind: pay and stay or ...
I've seen a guy geting kicked out of his B100 guesthouseroom in HuaHin simply because he wouldn't say how long he wanted to stay. He was taken away by TouristPolice.
I didn't let that ruin my breakfast - It was none of my business.

Shamas
12-05-03, 05:32
Feeler

Thanks for the info, I'de be really pived if I had gotten treated like TCJ and his TGF. My friend used his CC and one of the major tour agencies to reserve the room. Guess I'm a bit spoiled.

I'm going to do a BKK trip later in the year and will use either the Fortuna or PB Hotel, both appeal to me.

Thanks

Shamas O'Dognasty

BostonBread
12-06-03, 04:48
Ooops. I couldn't figure out why no one was recommending a nice hotel. I mistyped my original message. Looking for an expensive (by Thai standards) hotel that is girl friendly and in a decent location. My definition of expensive is $200 and under (USD).

Thanks.

LoveLOS
12-07-03, 06:52
Meal of Soy Hooters,

Try the Landmark or the JW Mariott in Sukhumvit area. Both five star, girl friendly, near the action, and rack priced at about $150...

Others can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe all better hotels will do ID checks, but my definition of girl friendly is as follows:
a: They look or even keep the girl's ID (safer for you if she is a thief)
b: They don't say a word about her line of work.
c: There are no raised eyebrows even if this is the fourth girl of the day.
d: They smile and bid you good day/night
e: They don't charge you a joiner fee.

Can't help you in Phuket, suggest you post your request on that board for local help...

enjoy,
LoveLOS

Sting
12-07-03, 19:47
Hi guys...

I am going to Bangkok next week and I 'll stay at Nana Hotel. Has anyone some information about this hotel (price, girlfrienly, telfone number)

Thanks in advance

Sting

Duniawala
12-08-03, 02:59
[quote]
Ooops. I couldn't figure out why no one was recommending a nice hotel. I mistyped my original message. Looking for an expensive (by Thai standards) hotel that is girl friendly and in a decent location. My definition of expensive is $200 and under (USD).
------------------------------------------------

MSH
Just book your hotel through such sites as asiatravel.com. And please go through the past posts before you ask other questions.

Kramer Zeus
12-08-03, 12:44
Is the Emerald Hotel on Ratchapisek girl friendly, i.e. allow guests with no guest charge?

Jimmy Red Cab
12-08-03, 14:57
Sting,

I have stayed at the Nana hotel, I personally found the rooms a bit tatty and in need of refurbishment. I had no problem taking guests back to the room, in fact the lobby seems to be the place to pick up a girl. I prefer The Majestic Suites, just round the corner in Sukhumvit Road, but don't just turn up in high season. This is web-site for Nana Hotel

http://www.nanahotel.co.th/html/

Laloupe
12-09-03, 00:41
just a question about hotel!!!!!!!

I tried during my stay in thailand two hotels (manhattan and pinnacle hotel lumpinee)

What is the best hotel near nana plaza?
What is the best hotel near soi cowboy?

http://www.woraburi.com/new/woraburi_inn/room.html

is it good?????

tell me please

BostonBread
12-09-03, 06:29
Lovelos,

Thanks for the advice. I concur with your list of requirements. Especially like the ID check thouht.

Thanks again. Rethinking time in Phuket versus Pattaya. Any recommendations on which? Wounldn't mind the scuba in Phuket but am a monger at heart.

Sainter
12-09-03, 14:26
Laloupe,

Here's a list of hotels within 50 metres of Nana Entertainment Plaza.

1) Nana Hotel - 1070 baht
2) Park Inn - 990 baht
3) Majestic Suites - 1165 baht
4) Dynasty Inn - 990 baht
5) Nana City Inn - 900 baht

Hope this helps.

Ralph Kramden
12-09-03, 14:38
Kramer Zeus

The Emerald is girl friendly, but they try to project a regular tourist image, so it is not free. If you bring a girl in for the evening, they assume she is for all night, so charge you 700 b. However, if you bring a girl in during the afternoon, then I was not charged. You will have to check her in and she will have to turn her ID into security. Security watches closely. Ironically the hotel owner is an MP owner as well.

Recently I tried to book at the Emerald for late December. Their prices seemed to be in the $50 range for the same service that was $34 before, so I booked the Siam Beverly across the street for $24. It will be my first time there, but I heard it was a pretty good hotel. Nontheless, I like the neighborhood.

Sandyhop
12-10-03, 10:13
Hi Travel gurus,

Need some advice from you all. Will be travelling to Bangkok on 20th Dec. Checked with the airlines for packaged tours, was told all booked. No airlines with package tour available. So have not decided on hotel booking as yet.

The question: Is it possible to first reach Bangkok (by other means of transport.. road, rail) and then check for hotel availability (the adventurous type). Since this is a peak season so not sure when I will be reaching there. Or is it wise to book a hotel first and then stat the travel.

How long does it take from KL to reach Bangkok via Rail, Bus?

Appreciate your advice on this.

Sandy.

Freeler
12-10-03, 16:37
Sandyhop,

Check Puduraya busstation for a nightbus to HadYai.
If possible buy a ticket in KL for an overnight train from HY to BKK. If this doesn't work out and the trains are full when you arrive in HY, go to the busstation ('Bokoso') and buy an aircon busticket. Overnight airconbuses are not as cold as the Malaysian ACbuses, but still: just shorts and a t-shirt are not enough.
Count on 36 hours of traveltime KL-HY-BKK
Bus KL-HY: appr RM35
Train HY-BKK 2nd class sleeper, appr B650 one way.

Yes, you could train it all the way, but you will probably have to stay the night in Butterworth/Georgetown.

You could fly KL-Phuket, taxi(B200?) to Bokoso and take an overnightbus (B450 - departures from 5pm-6.30pm) to BKK.

I'm sure you will find a room, even in high season. Book only if you are sure of your arrival day and time!

Jaimito Cartero
12-10-03, 16:53
Kent - Generally Girl Friendly refers to no extra charges for bringing a girl in. So, by saying the Emerald is GF is not correct. I haven't heard of any hotel NOT letting you bring a girl in. Perhaps the Oriental or something, but even there, I'm sure you can bring whomever you want up.

Sandyhop
12-10-03, 17:15
Thnx a heap Freeler.

You have given quite detailed instructions. Am sure to have a adventorous time reaching Bangkok. Exactly what I needed for a break from my routine. Promise I will post my experiences after completing my trip.

Also gathered quite some info on the night life, will try it out and post my reports to this forum. Got a list of hotels recommended by various people from this forum, will try to get into one.

Once agian thank you to all the guys in this forum for sharing your experiences with all, really helps for new guys like us.

Sandy

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to correctly spell the words "you", "are" and "because". To avoid future delays, please refrain from using "u" instead of "you", "r" instead or "are", "em" instead of "them", and "cuz" instead of "because" in future reports. Thanks!

Plugger
12-11-03, 09:38
Yo Sandy,

Check out www.airasia.com. They have plenty of seats at fantastic prices. For example you could fly from KL to Alor Star for 20Ringgit, then catch a bus to Hatyai. Personally, it's even worth it to fly from KL to Johor Baru then catch a flight from there to Bangkok. It's only 100 ringgit return. I realise that going to JB is like going backwards, but if you want to save money, that's the way to go. On the subject of hotels, on arrival at Bangkok airport there are many hotel booking counters there. It shouldn't be a problem. Otherwise take a taxi straight to Nana Plaza and try your luck there. Refer to Sainter's post regarding hotels there. It's very accurate.

Jimmy Red Cab
12-11-03, 12:32
Jaimito Cartero,

While I agree that vitually all hotels will allow guests the real problem is how much they charge you. I once took a girl back to the Holiday Inn(Silom Road) and was charged 1500 baht which I thought was outrageous.

Sandyhop
12-14-03, 06:09
Thanks Plugger,

But the flight from JB to BKK for airasia is not yet started. They are launching it in Feb 04. So the choice i have is to catch airasia flight as close to say Penang. From there catch something (bus, taxi) to HatYai and from there either the train or bus as Freeler had mentioned.

Maan is it going to be a adventerous trip. Because am not sure if the people in the interior part understand English which is the only language I know in this region. But I am getting ready for this trip, whatever it takes will make it to BKK. And once reached then will worry about getting into a decent hotel, i.e. going by the words of you guys, that we can get a decent hotel even in peak seasons.

And of course later on will check on the night life attractions, Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy etc etc.

Might try the newbie services guide of our moderator's friend Globotto guy as well.

Coming back should not be a problem as by then I would have collected quite some info on moving around at this place.

After completion of this trip will post my experiences here.

1Ball
12-14-03, 11:55
it is high season now here, and i couldn't get a res at Grand President before I arrived, having sent a mail 3 days prior, so i arrived 8.30 PM on friday night without a room. Took an hour inside the arrival hall at the hotel counter to find a room.

My advice, book a room online, even if only for 1 night, at least 1 week prior to arrival, then you can go find something else during the day.

Stayed at the Grand President 2 weeks ago, and I no longer recomend this place. Prices are climbing very quickly, and they now want 1650 per night PLUS tax, and it doesn't include breakfast. Will try the Ambassador next time. Good reviews ???

1ball

Sainter
12-14-03, 12:44
1ball, yeah it's peak season and the hotels are getting pretty packed. Over here in the Soi 4 area, I can report that the Nana Hotel is fully booked through till January. Dynasty Inn and Majestic Suites are also near enough to booked out. The only place with many rooms available is the Nana City Inn(900 baht).

Sandyhop
12-14-03, 14:58
Wow. Looking at the posts there are different views about the hotal availability. Some say its available, some say booked.

So my decision will be I guess based on when I reach there. I will be starting from Penang at round 9:00 AM. So will be going to HatYai and then to Bangkok. So can you guys let me know when can i reach BKK. Is thisa good route and is it possible to reach the same dia via Bus, Taxi, Train combination, or will be reaching there the next day.

I am planning to book my hotel based on this info. If not then will decide of the hotel after reaching BKK.

Freeler
12-14-03, 16:12
Sandyhop,

Starting from Penang?
Your easiest route:
Train 36, Butterworth 13.10 - Bangkok 09.55 next day.
This is the only direct B'worth-BKK connection by train. Call KTM for prices, buy the return leg ticket immediately upon arrival in BKK.
Do get a second class aircon sleeper. They are the best value for your money.
One more tip: Get out at SamSen railwaystation in BKK. It is a bit further from Sukhumvit, where I guess you want to find a hotel, but there is a lot less hassle getting a taxi compared to Hualampong CentralStation. There is also no queue at the advance booking desk. And there is some GOOD food to be had.

Sandyhop
12-15-03, 17:03
Hey Freeler and all,

Great info maan. Appreciate it.

One last request. Am planning to book the Park Hotel in Sukhmit. Charges some 33 USD per night. Is it worth it and is it as they say girl friendly.

Sandy

BostonBread
12-17-03, 01:04
OK. I was recommended a hotel by a friend. Emporium Suites. I booked for two as recommended by this board to avoid extra charges. But with this said, does anyone know if it is girl friendly? I know some of the upper scale places are not but I figured I would ask this board if anyone knew.

Thanks again.

Bottler
12-18-03, 12:24
Just back from BKK, rooms were scarce at the Nana and the Dynasty, but the Promenade (800bht) and the Royal Asia Lodge (900bht) both in Soi 8 had some availability. Must say the Promenade is looking rather scruffy these days.
BTW Soi Cowboy had lots of fully unclothed dancing going on!

SexReview
12-19-03, 10:57
Bottler,

Nana Hotel always will tell you they are full if you just walk in it seems. But I have never failed to get a room if I email them or call them, speaking Thai I think may help a little but not much.

Sexreview

Scorpio
12-22-03, 06:26
Currently staying at "Nana Condo" located in Soi 4 just about 100 Meters away from Nana Entertainment Plaza (NEP) on the left side of the street. 800 THB per night, just walked in without a reservation and got the last available appt. Went to check for vacancies at the Dynasty Hotel, but they're fully booked until January 5th.

Cheers, Scorpio

Jaimito Cartero
12-22-03, 08:37
Scorpio - Saying, "The left side of the street" doesn't really tell you anything unless you give other directions. Such as, "It's on the left side of the street when you're walking on Sukhumvit from Soi 11 towards Soi Nana".

I know that I often have a hard time with directions in cities I don't know. For instance, I have NO idea on the cardinal directions in Bangkok. I don't know if Soi 1 is West of Soi 3.

I find that if I give a location of a business (3 doors down from the Subway) it's a lot more informative.

Scorpio
12-22-03, 10:09
Well it is on the left side of Soi 4, having Sukhumvit in your back, and on the same side as Nana Plaza. There is a British Pub and a Steakhouse just before getting there. It is easy to miss if you are driving by car, but most of the locals and taxidrivers know it.

Cheers, Scorpio

Dinghy
12-22-03, 21:44
Scorpio - you might be better in Suk directions with "toward Nana" or "away from Nana" (or some other roadway/landmark). I got really confused last time I was there for 2 days - didn't know which way was which. JC understands direction ikn BKK I guess since that's what he recommends, too (now if I just remember which direction Nana is...)

LittleBigMan
12-22-03, 21:59
JC,

Nana Condo,

As mentioned earlier, go down Soi 4, left side or same side as NEP. Nana Condo, will be reach when you come upon a big foot massage, tradition massage, oil massage etc. on the corner of a alley. Make a left and go through parking structure and look for office.
Other notable markings are opposite the foot massage is a small laundry mat and Nana City Inn Hotel for 900 baht high season.
Across the street from foot massage are two or three phone booths and a inside bar!

LBM,

MeatMan
12-23-03, 21:28
Does anyone have information on the Woraburi Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 4?If so,info on this place would be appreciated.It's just one of the hotels where I will "set up shop",thanks!.Arriving New Years Eve.

The timing couldn't be better!:rolleyes:

MeatMan

Seydlitz
12-24-03, 11:33
The *****-a-buri ? What an appropriate name for a hotel in that location !

Pun intended !

Sandyhop
12-26-03, 13:25
Hi All,

Please check out this link.
http://www.2bangkok.com/2bangkok/Scams/Sapphire.shtml

As per the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), they want to make the tourists aware of the BIG GEM SCAM going on in Bangkok. Day in and day out 100's of tourists are getting victimised by this highly organised scams which are executed to perfection.

This is a warning message to all the tourists (1st timers and regulars).

My reports will follow later when I get some more free time from mongering.

Sandy

Sainter
12-28-03, 12:43
Scorpio, since you're staying at Nana Condo, can you find out how much the monthly rental is there? I thought I saw a sign saying 8000 baht. If that's the case it would be great value for money.

Also, if anyone out there can recommend any condo's within walking distance of NEP, it would be greatly appreciated. My budget is probably 15000 baht a month or less.

Thanks and a Happy New Year to all.

Dale Arnold
12-28-03, 18:54
I am flying through BKK on business in early Jan. My company is putting my up overnight at the Airport Amari. I hear that the hotel has some girls available. Wondering if anyone has partaken, and if you had any advise.

Thanks in advance.

Love Sex 22
12-29-03, 10:16
I got a monthly rate of 34000 , for a Jade Studio at the Grand President Hotel , for Jan/15 .Does any body got a better rate?

Thanks for any coments.

Scorpio
12-29-03, 10:24
Hi Sainter,

I don't think you will get a monthly rate of 8000 THB at Nana Condo.
The manager is on vacation and the really old lady there (maybe her mother) just told me "same, same, day or month stay".
I currently pay 800 THB per night which isn't really cheap, compared to some nearby hotels.
I suggest you call them and try to negotiate a better deal, the manager (she) speaks English.
The attached picture shows their address and phone/fax-numbers including directions in Thai.

Good luck, Scorpio

Jaimito Cartero
12-30-03, 04:52
LS22 - I stayed at the GP for about 4 weeks in August and September. I left for 5 days in the middle for Pattaya, but had the Jade rooms both times.

In both instances they said they "upgraded" me to a Jade room. While the room may be larger, it seemed pretty outdated to me and a bit run down. The two I stayed in were always on the corner, and the rooms could get a little noisey at times. (This after I asked for a quiet room, of course.) Plus there are big support pillars that take up much of that supposed extra room.

From seeing the normal rooms as I walked by (as maids were cleaning them), they looked more updated and nicer.

The maids were always super nice in this place. They washed my dirty dishes, if I was carrying groceries or stuff in, they'd drop whatever they were doing and help me. If I had the do not distrurb sign on, they'd leave me alone. (Very important if you go to sleep at 6am!)

If you needed your room cleaned at 4pm, no problem.

Just a couple of buildings away from the GP is Bright City Towers. They have very good monthly rates, which include laundry service! 120 pieces for a studio or double for a two room apt. This is a much smaller place (40 rooms?), but the people seemed friendly when I went in to check on things.

Prices for a month is 17,000 baht for their studio. (25 SQM)

http://brightcity.netfirms.com/

I paid $25 a night at GP (for a Jade room) during August/Sep. with no breakfast. Total price, no taxes or other BS. They will negotiate a bit unless they know they're going to be totally full. You may try asking for the TSM rate, or just negotiating in general. They have Topaz rooms listed at $684 per month on their website.

One final comment I would make: Why stay a month in Bangkok? I did it, and really regretted not spending more time elsewhere. I enjoy BKK, but think that a couple of weeks at the most would let you discover the real high points. I'd say stay a week or two in Pattaya or check out other parts.

Bizzie
12-30-03, 10:06
For a first class experience...
I recommend the JW Marriott.(completely friendly!)

Don,t pay the full price, but bid on Priceline.
If not sure how much to bid, check biddingfortravel.com (I think).
It gives to currently successful bids for various hotels/airlines plus advice on what to do in case of rejection.

I paid 56/night plus tax, which I think came to around $62/night. But again, the hotel and room were great. Great service!
Daily Fruit Basket and several bottles of water.

Jaimito Cartero
12-30-03, 20:19
Badass - I don't think most people would want to pay $62 a night for a whole month. The difference between $25 and $62 is pretty large when you multiply it by 30. :)

Scorpio
12-30-03, 20:46
Jaimito,

I fully agree with you,

Scorpio