View Full Version : 2003 Bangkok Hotels

Pages : [1] 2

Admin
01-01-00, 02:00
2003 Bangkok Hotels

BraBreaking
01-02-03, 08:55
Hi Fellows

Does anybody know Ruamchit plaza hotel. It is the same building where the famous Therame Coffee Shop is located.

Please let me know whether they allow girls without joiner fees and other particulars worth mentioning.

Thanx and Happy New Year

AsiaTraveler2
01-02-03, 12:09
sexreview

I do know the Nana Hotel, but did not realize that the skytrain station was that close. I thought it was more like a 10 minute walk. Not lazy, but just not a big fan of the traffic fumes. I don't really like being that close to the action anyway .. right next to Nana Plaza. Yes, it has some pluses, but I like to be away from it sometimes as well. Thanks for the info.

Duniawala
01-03-03, 06:18
A very Happy and a Prosperous New Year to all. And it is starting out great for me. Will be in BKK on the 6th.

Brabreaker
Ruamchitt is an ok hotel. Rooms are clean and AC for 1000 B per night. You can book thru Asia Travel. They don't charge any extra for the girls, except they have some policy of not letting you go with more than 2 girls.

Good idea for them to leave the ID at the desk if u r picking up freelancers at the Thermae. I never had any problem.

Toosh
01-03-03, 16:44
Is the quality of the Dynasty Hotel better than the Nana hotel? I like the location of Nana and Dynsaty but have seen many complaints about Nana's smell and over all quality. Is the Dynasty better in that regard? I do not wish to stay in a hotel that is not clean or smells.

TonydaSnake
01-04-03, 07:00
Toosh,

At the risk of invoking Wildman's wrath for answering a simple question, the two hotels are comparable as you would expect being in the same price range.

You simply MUST check out your room before checking in!!! The reason is each hotel in this price category has good rooms and bad ones. A simple checklist would be look for big waterspots on ceiling (room leaks during hard rains), excessive musty odors, ample hot water and working toilet! Both hotels have rooms that fail this simple list.

Other differences: Nana has more foot traffic and a busier lobby which makes it a good choice for the extroverted type A, but not as good for someone who likes a quieter lobby area. Nana has a range of rooms (price wise) and gives discounts based on longer stays. I'm not sure if Dynasty does.

Toosh
01-04-03, 16:02
tonydasnake,

Thanks for the good information. People like you make boards like this an invaluable tool. What I will probably do is to book a reservation for two nights somewhere and use those days to rest up from a 12,000 mile flight and to find a good place for the rest of my stay (10 days). I have seen that strategy discussed here before and have used it myself in the past.

I have a guestion about my aforementioned strategy with respect to availability and discounts. I have read in some prior posts here that you very much need to find a place in the good monger areas before the weekend as the rooms fill up. Is that true? I will be arriving in mid February. Also, based on your experience in Bangkok, are the local hotels/serviced apartments more likely to offer a discounted or weekly rate since you are standing in front of them (ready to purchase) as opposed to just one of many e-mail inquiries? I have found that in some areas of the world that is the best approach.

Dana
01-04-03, 18:37
I stayed at the Royal Asia Hotel at the end of Soi 8, and it was very girl friendly and nicer than most of the low end hotels. I paid 890 baht a night. The staff was very helpful, and even though it seems a bit out of the way they had a 24 hour tuk tuk service to pick you up from Sukumvit. The tuk tuk driver will also do a condom run for you!!! He quickly brought me back 3 condoms for 50 baht one night when I was in an emergency situation! I've stayed at the Nana before, and it's in a great location but it's pretty noisy, and a real dump of a place to be honest. I'd stay there again only if I had to. The Dynasty really is a little better if you can get a room there, but don't expect too much from any of these cheaper hotels. Majestic Suites is also in a great location, but I've never been able to get a room there because they always seem to be booked.

TonydaSnake
01-04-03, 20:22
Any hotel or serviced apartment that caters primarily to Thais or locals would be a likely candidate to jack UP the rate for you, a farang I assume. Just as you would be more likely to pay more for food, taxis, touring and sex.

That's not to say you don't eat, tour or have sex since cost is relative and it would still seem inexpensive, but...

Commit to a hotel (but not length of stay) prior to going; and leave the subtleties and attempts to go local for future trips. Talk to people when you get there or keep in touch with this board and make adjustments if you have the energy and still have the desire.

I had many thoughts in my head just like you, but after 30+ hours travel enroute, I decided I was satisfied with my hotel choice and remained so.

Apac Boy
01-04-03, 23:08
dood, don't stay at nana or dynasty...
majestic is cleaner (although smaller)...

serviced apts around that area is the best choice though...rooms are much nicer. mid feb shouldn't be that bad, u can still find rooms when u get there...go do a search for "serviced apartments bangkok" and find ones near suk...

tapioca

JuiceSpike
01-05-03, 02:40
wildman,
What is the TSM discount?

I stayed at the Grand President last November and it's a good deal. Will be staying again in 2 weeks.

juice.

Apac Boy
01-05-03, 12:30
wildman,
did u ever bargain for a month stay at Grand President? Best rate I got for a month at Royal President for the Executive Studio was 30,000bht (low season rate)...
if not a monthly rate, what was the best rate u got (including any discounts) for a weekly stay at either places??

tapioca

JuiceSpike
01-05-03, 15:10
wildman,
thanks.

juice

JuiceSpike
01-06-03, 03:28
Wildman,
You wrote about the Grand President: "They are always refurbishing rooms, and sometimes the solvent they use makes most of a whole floor uninhabitable..." I experienced this the last time once but did not asked to be moved because I was gone most of the day. Thanks for the tip about upgrading...

The only problem with this hotel is the exotic birds (in cages) from across the street: at 6:30 am they start making noise so loud that I'm sure it wakes everybody up. Once I called the front desk and they chuckled, they told me there was no way to shut them up....

juice.

Apac Boy
01-06-03, 09:18
i love da staff at royal president...
i buy them drinks and food sometimes and they help me out wit da ladies...

one time, this girl that's like a regular comes to see me there around midnight...i already brought up another girl 10 min. ago and the security guy saw me go up...he stopped the regular from going up to the room and lied to her that i left already...

of course, he might be lying cause dats what he told me...i doubt it though...that guy was kewl...i told him i get him a girl for ST after his shift ended...he declined though. :(

too bad President Park's so damn far from nana...those rooms are way better than any of the others...

tapioca

Member #4351
01-06-03, 17:39
I've been researching hotels a few weeks, and in searching for one which meets my criteria; close to Nana Plaza, reasonably priced, pool, gym, and girl friendly I came up with Omni Towers. I haven't seen anything on this thread about it. Can anybody give me some information? Thanks.

Dashing Don
01-06-03, 19:16
David,

I always stay at Le Meridien on Ploenchit Road, which is an extention of Sukhumvit (maybe about 20 blocks from Soi 1). It is a five-star hotel and costs about $90 per night. The Meridien group is a french luxury hotel group that has hotels worldwide. To stay at a Meridien in NY would be about three times or four times as much. If you are staying in BKK for a long time, then cost-wise, maybe its best to get an apartment.
I have never had any problem bringing guests into the Meridien and, if you are with a girl that you really like, the view from the room if it is on the upper floors is spectacular. There's nothing like doing it with a Thai honey with BKK as a backdrop!!!

The Sukhumvit area is very noisy and much as I love the action, when its time to go back to the hotel, I went to withdraw to someplace quiet. The Meridien fits the bill perfectly.

It is an easy cab ride to Nana or Patpong. The next time I go, in February, I will learn how to use the Skytrain. A station is right outside the hotel.

Don

Member #4351
01-06-03, 19:31
Don, I stayed at the Meridian en Phuket once...real nice but it rained every day. I'll only be in BKK a few days, then Pattaya a few days, then Cambodia and back to BKK. I don't want to spend a ton of $$...or I'd stay at the JW Marriot which is closer to Nana. I hope that someone knows something about Omni Towers. As far as a little noise goes, I always bring ear plugs.

LoveLOS
01-07-03, 05:57
Originally posted by david_33
I've been researching hotels a few weeks, and in searching for one which meets my criteria; close to Nana Plaza, reasonably priced, pool, gym, and girl friendly I came up with Omni Towers. I haven't seen anything on this thread about it. Can anybody give me some information? Thanks.

Not familliar with the Omni Towers, but I have two recommendations: Landmark and Manhattan. The Landmark is the better quality, and their weekly rate is not bad. Not sure about ammenities at the Manhattan, just been recommended by friends.

LoveLOS

Toosh
01-07-03, 15:01
Wildman,

I have checked out the Grand President and it looks like a good deal. However, I have e-mailed them twice and in both e-mails I have directly asked them about their guest policy and in both of their responses to me they have ignored the question.

What has been your experience with "guests" there and have they ever told you what their policy is? Perhaps their policy has changed. The person at the Grand President that I corresponded with was Kwan (Secy to RM).

Finally, I am interested in getting a studio. Have you had any experience with the topaz or executive studios at the Grand President? If so, any preference? I realize this is a subjective question but I would be interested in hearing your opinion.

Toosh
01-07-03, 19:36
Wildman,

Thanks for the info. You have been a lot of help.

Toosh

Member #4351
01-07-03, 21:10
Just checked out the Landmark. It looks nice...but pretty expensive (although the published rates may be high). I think I'll mail them and see what they offer.

SexReview
01-07-03, 22:42
Originally posted by david_33
Just checked out the Landmark. It looks nice...but pretty expensive (although the published rates may be high). I think I'll mail them and see what they offer.

Dave,
I have stayed at the Landmark it is a very nice hotel, they are on the high side at around $100 dollars per night. They have a very good buffet dinner for around 850 baht again not cheap but well worth trying even if you don't stay at the hotel.

Dashing Don
01-08-03, 07:28
Sexreview,

Re the Landmark; what kind of reception do you receive when you show up with your lady at 2am??

Is it necessary to book a double room when first arriving at the hotel, or are they cool about visitors?

Don

Duckman
01-08-03, 07:49
Wildman,

I've stayed at the Omni Towers. It's very nice and guest friendly. I got a one bedroom apartment for 2000 baht per night. It included living room, a small kitchen and a large bedroom with walkin closet.

SexReview
01-08-03, 08:59
Originally posted by Dashing Don
Sexreview,

Re the Landmark; what kind of reception do you receive when you show up with your lady at 2am??

Is it necessary to book a double room when first arriving at the hotel, or are they cool about visitors?

Don

Don,
Never had any problems with girls at the Landmark. I did check in with a girl who was with me for part of my trip. I book all my rooms for two, I have found that it doesn't really add to the cost and it makes things go a little more easy. I am reviewing a few posts tonight, and then back on a plane for the 24 hour trip to Thailand. Will be in the LOS by Thursday.
Sexreview

Member #4351
01-08-03, 16:09
Thanks Duckman. It looks like the Omni is the way to go. Did you get a chance to check out the pool and gym? How long did it take you to walk to Nana?

Duckman
01-09-03, 16:53
David_33,

Omni Towers has some glass enclosed elevators. I saw the pool while using them and it looked nice. I never used it but I could see some people doing laps. It's an outside pool on one of the lower floors. I didn't check out the gym.

It's about a 5 minute walk to Nana.

Member #4351
01-10-03, 00:58
Thanks for the info. It's so difficult to choose a hotel from amongst so many. I always stayed at the Montien before, but I'm burned out on the Patpong scene, and having problems bringing girls back. Let´s see how the Omni works out....

Apac Boy
01-10-03, 02:17
well, found the answer to my last question...here's another one.

which hotel is better:

Novotel Lotus on Soi 33, Novotel in Siam, Le Meridian President

tapioca

Dick Johnson
01-10-03, 14:32
Lotus for soi 33 mongers, Siam for siam square shoppers, Le Meridian for Nana/sukumvit mongers.

Apac Boy
01-10-03, 20:38
i should have specified which hotel is better in terms of dollar/value ratio.

tapioca

Seydlitz
01-10-03, 23:47
Dick Johnson,

Is there all that much to monger about on Soi 33 ?

Shamas
01-17-03, 07:06
Dana

I'm coming to BKK in mid april for two weeks. Read your report on Royal Asia, and a few others about it on other boards, looks like the type of place I'd like. How is their walking map? Is breakfast included in the 890bt rooms? It's my first trip to BKK.

Thanks

Shamas

Dick Johnson
01-17-03, 09:17
Seylitz, I think soi 33 is alright but it has it's drawbacks. Most people prefer Nana, Cowboy etc because

-You see the girls naked/half naked
-the barfine at soi33 average 1500(+ ST or LT)
-much more choices of girls at Nana or Cowboy.

soi 33 is just a bunch of bars catering to higher spending tourists/businessmen. You step out of the Lotus and you are faced with a bunch of bars. I enjoyed mongering there. But I wouldn't spend too much time there next time.

-Dick Johnson

Knobrm
01-19-03, 04:28
Is it generally OK to take 2 (or more) girls to your room in BKK?
Looked at web and thought Grand President, Royal President or Omni would be for me (good room, pool, reasonable price). Are they OK with 2 girls?

Joe Zop
01-19-03, 19:18
Shamas:

Breakfast is NOT included in the Royal Asia room rate, and, to be honest, I found their breakfasts expensive and rather underwhelming. Good enough, nothing special. I usually went elsewhere.

Can't help you on the walking map side of things, as I didn't look for that, but they've got plenty of lit floating around, and are pretty helpful when you ask. I stayed there during four different stop-overs in Bangkok on the trip I just ended, at various times over a ten-week period, and the rooms were always clean and quiet. Never had a bit of trouble there, regardless of who I might bring back or when I might turn up.

The only negative for this hotel, for some folks, is that it's way at the end of Soi 8. For me that is however a bonus, as it's quieter than other places since it's away from the main road, and the hotel's tuk-tuk service is fast and easy enough.

Shamas
01-19-03, 20:11
Thanks Joe_Zop,

The location is OK with me, thanks for the heads up. The only time I eat breakfast is when I'm in Costa Rica, that's because it's included and great.

Shamas

Monger22
01-27-03, 22:17
Sukimvit crown 15 us per nite. all mirrored rooms.

I stumbeled on ammbasador hotel tower wing years ago. nice room great view modern room service great sukimvit location great weekly rate an discount includes breakfast 27 us per day. old wing 23 per day. all the trimmings of a marriott at better prices approx 10 places to eat in the hotel. opened apartment hotel next door. larger units good weekly rate.

Just a monger 22 recomandation. food for thought

IrishLager
02-02-03, 07:31
I'm staying at Le Meridien President which looks to be a classy place. It's $55USD a night which is on the pricier end of things in BKK, but located very near Sukhumvit where the lower numbered sois begin. Does anyone know if they allow girls in your room there? Is there any such thing as non girl friendly hotels in BKK? I figure they'd know that they'd lose a lot of business if they didn't allow girls.

SuckMeUp
02-06-03, 04:42
Last time I stayed in Nana in 2000 .But it was not an excellent experience especially when you get in the 4th floor where all the porters sit and chat and comment about you and the girl.This time I am planning to stay at the Grace hotel in Soi3.Any news about this hotel good or Bad?
I am an Indian and so I though since the middle eastern people stay there I may look one amoung the crowd though not perfect.
CAn you get the girls at the lobby as we get at Nana?

RobyG
02-13-03, 08:36
Man Oh Man !! Face it, it's about gettin the most Peso's from the each and every tourist in any country you travel to. I was born n raised in Alaska and I'd see the hundreds of cruise ships come n go out of the ports with shops, bars, and guides takin them for for the same ride.

Anyway I'm coming over to Bangkok and Phuket and Im stayin in good ole apartment residences too many of may friends have been chumped out by the hotel staff pocketing the extra unreported so called joiner fees at 500-1000 baht. Please !! a room is a room. As long as you don't trash it they should be happy enough that you decided to give em your hard earned money and not take it to another hotel or apartment managing group. Smell a rat it is a rat in your sense of worth. Anyone give you $@#% say no and take ur business elsewhere. The Sukhumvit strip is strafed with tourist traps if you stay off it a bit you be fine.
One ??? Hows the guest friendlyness among the Pucket groups of hotels and apartments??? Good/Bad/Pain in the Butt or What?
I intend to do some diving and fishing and mongering down there as well.

Joe Zop
02-13-03, 15:57
I disagree with you, Roby. If you do your research properly and stay at a girl-friendly hotel, then you don't need to worry about joiner fees, and you can know exactly what you're paying. I've paid extra for bringing a girl in exactly two times in my multiple trips to LOS, and knew it in advance in one of them as it was stated and posted policy (and the place outweighed an extra 200baht.) The second time it was my own fault, because I didn't ask. There are many hotels, including those on Sukhumvit, who understand that there are plenty of guys who make repeat trips, want to command their loyalty, and act accordingly. Sure, there are others, and you should complain or walk if you're in one, but there's enough information floating around and enough hotels that you don't need to worry overly much about it. If you're up-front about your intentions, book the room as a double and ask questions when you check in then you shouldn't have any trouble. (That's obviously no comment whatsoever on apartment residences, which are generally a great way to go.)

And the same thing is true in Phuket -- if you're staying in a "family-oriented" hotel you're likely to pay a joiner fee, but if you stay in one of the ones discussed on this board you won't. Read through some of the past posts and you'll find discussion, names and prices.

Philo
02-17-03, 00:20
Re: Joiner Fee

Booked Tai-Pan (nice Soi Cowboy base) in Nov 02 through asiahotels.com: B1100 double/2 persons. Brought in a girl: JF B500; 2 girls B1000. Returned in Dec 02 (walk in) paying B1900. No JF.

Anyway, close to Nana you can stay at the Parkway Inn (l.t. B1000) and Majestic Suites (B1295) and a lot of other places without any JF or hassle.......

ph

Joe Zop
02-17-03, 03:20
For what it's worth, Sanukmaps has the Taipan down as girl-unfriendly, probably precisely because of such fees.

JohnnieBravo
02-22-03, 07:20
Hello Guys,

After finally working up the courage and reading everyone's exciting post I have finally sprung for a trip to BKK to see what all the excitment is about. Please excuse any ignorance in any of the questions I ask. I have read many many pages of the previous posts and like everyone else, am in need of a place to stay for my week long adventure. In some of the past posts, and the Nana Hotel it was I believe the subject of roaches was mentioned. For my own part, that would be a total turn off to me as I would be nervous about what would be happening when I turned off the light. So please, let me hear from some of you other guys about a hotel that is girl friendly where you have NOT experienced a roach problem. Insofar as price goes, I would like to be around the $50 - $60 USD per night if that is possible and be closer to the action. The last part of my question is, has anyone had any safety concerns regarding a girl that they have spent the night with?? Either just taking all you $$ and leaving in the night while you were asleep, or worse? Any input that you could give me would be greatly appreciated as I must confess I have travelled a lot within the US but never outside it. Thanks again.

Freeler
02-22-03, 08:02
JohnnieBravo,

Don't expect BKK hotel advice from me.

It's like the saying goes: 'Every rose has a thorn and every room has a roach'
You don't worry about the thorn and you shouldn't worry about the roach.

Here is how to deal with roaches:

When you're out at night, leave the light in the room on, keep the bathroomdoor open and the light in the bathroom off.
Roaches HATE light and will stay in/go to the bathroom.
When it's time for shut eye, close the bathroomdoor and turn on the light. Any roaches will disappear down the drain or not show themselves at all.

You can safely go to sleep (unless there are ghosts about, they can be a problem...:))

Knobrm
02-22-03, 13:05
Was in BKK for 3 nights couple of wks ago and stayed in Grand President apartments on Soi 11. 1600B/night/double w/ nice breakfast from asiatravel.com for studio but was upgraded to one bedroom apartment cause no available studios at the time of check in.

Nice place for the hobby, close to everything, no hassles with girls. Take their ID at the lobby though.

Seydlitz
02-22-03, 13:38
JohnnieBravo:

welcome to LOS !

about roaches: the vast majority of all the roaches I ever saw in my life I saw them in London, when I was living there !

In Thailand, bugs are everywhere, but so are their predators (lizzards etc.). In most hotels, and definitively in those in the price range you indicated, roaches can be found occasionally, but the places are not infested with them. Thai hotel owners enforce a level of cleanliness a few notches above the SE Asian standards.

You should not worry about roaches too much, repulsive as the idea of having them crawling over you when you sleep might be. And look at the bright side of it: if you find a roach in your room at night, maybe the lovely Thai lady who will be in your bed by that time will enjoy having it as a snack ! It will remind her the good old times at the farm in Isaan...

Which brings me to your second area of concern: ladies. Most of the girls are fine and they will provide you with good service with no hassle. Some won't but it is rare indeed. Over the years, I have been disappointed by poor service quite often, but never have I been robbed or anything.

A few words of advice: try not to look too much like a newbee, do not overspend (and I consider myself a liberal spender, compared to some of my esteemed colleagues on this forum), do not discuss price with the lady, unless possibly there is something very specific that you want (anal for example), ...

I understand from your post that you intend to take girls LT, that is long time, or overnight. While it is a good option, IMHO, since it gives you more of a GFE, maybe you might be better advised to stick to ST and have the girl leave after you are done with her.

That way you will not have to worry that she would cut you to pieces in your sleep and sell your organs to a clandestine hospital...

Joe Zop
02-22-03, 16:10
JohnnieBravo:

I can't speak for Nana, as it's simply not my cup of tea in terms of a place to stay, but I agree with the previous posters that while there are bugs everywhere, roaches included, they are at a reasonable minimum in most decent hotels in Bangkok. I've stayed in lots of places in LOS, up and down the scale from 100baht guesthouses to five-star hotels, and honestly, I dealt with more roaches in the south in the US, where I was in far better hotels. It's not something you should spend too much time worrying about, and Freeler's advice is practical and good.

I'm someone who prefers long time/overnight connections, and I also have never really had a problem. That said, I'm always careful with my valuables and don't simply leave things out and about, either. (I'm also a rather light sleeper.) If you're nervous about this, then my advice would be to avoid freelancers and focus instead on women from either the go-gos or beer bars -- places where you have to pay a barfine, as that means the woman is an employee there, and you therefore can track her down and have recourse available if there's misbehavior. As a newbie, if you're concerned about security, I'd be particularly cautious about or even avoid places like Nana disco, Grace Coffee Shop, Thermae, or the Biergarden. Even though there's a lot of action going on there, many beautiful and stunning women, these are also all freelancer places, and it's with freelancers you're most likely to have robbery or mickey in the drink problems. (And let me note, before anyone dives in and says that I'm being an alarmist, that I've no problems with any of these places personally.) You will pay more at other places, but you're generally going to be safer. You might also want to read through the archives here and focus on which hotels require taking holding onto the IDs of the women you bring in -- if they're not simply able to reclaim the ID and leave without the hotel checking with you, you have protection against robbery. Again, I don't personally find these precautions critical, but I am an experienced international traveller, and I focus a great deal of my attention on the personality of the person I'm sharing the night with as opposed to simply the physical attributes. I don't think you need to spend an excessive amount of worry over this whole thing -- keep most of your valuables in the hotel's safe-deposit box and just carry walking-around money with you (and enough to pay your companion.) That's good advice for international travelling in any event.

I agree with Seydlitz regarding looking like a newbie (particularly a drunk newbie) and about overspending, but that is in terms of simply throwing money around willy-nilly -- I think demonstrating you're not a cheap charlie, that your essential nature is generous and you're not going to give the girl as close to nothing as you can get away with helps reduce the money tension. This can be as simple a thing as asking the lady how many baht she personally gets from the drink you buy her and then encouraging her to get another one, which says that you understand the practicalities of the game. It's a relatively inexpensive way to demonstrate you're jai dee (have got a "good heart.")

Finally, a simple caution that if you're out drinking, the beer that's served has a much higher alcohol content than you're used to, and combining that with a hotter climate and some degree of fatigue or jet lag means you can be affected more quickly and radically than you expect, so be particularly careful at the beginning of your trip. You won't feel it until you don't feel anything, and I've seen large numbers of tourists so drunk they don't know where (or who) they are, and they're the ones who are most likely to get ripped off.

JohnnieBravo
02-22-03, 23:31
Thanks a lot for all of that GREAT input: Freeler, Knobrm, Seydlitz and Joe_Zop it was all very informative. A couple more questions.....does anyone have a specific recommendations about a hotel that they like that is near the action, has good working AC or better yet good working AC that is individually controlled (I live in a cooler climate), is clean and keeps the bugs down to a bare minimum? Also, as one who likes variety, are there any women there that are available that are less thin then the traditional Thai women.......some say that are a little taller in stature (not kayotes..lol) and maybe have a bit more meat on the bone or are a little more chubby...as in Monica Lewinsky, for instance?? Also, I have heard rumors about Russian women or women from the former Eastern Block countries working the scene in BKK. Is this true? and if so, has anyone on here had any experience with them. Thanks also for the roach advice, I guess I can also buy a can of bug spray around there somewhere and spray it down before I leave for the evening in case I get real paranoid.....lol. Thanks again for the BKK newbie advice guys!

Knobrm
02-23-03, 16:34
johnniebravo,

no roaches in grand president serviced apartments, it is clean; actually not so different from us apartments at least in ca (where i lived earlier). it also has a large key-coded safe (laptop also fits in) so no need to worry about gals leaving with your stuff - just lock all your valuables into your safe. as many other places, gp also takes girls' id when coming in; at least reduces the risk of problems. there was individual ac control but never tested if it works; speed control worked that i remember. anyway temperature was just fine.

gp on soi 11 is about 10 minute walk from nep, and less than 5 min to nana skytrain station that can take you anywhere (easy access to sc by skytrain). taxis & tuktuks available also in front of entrance, cost per ride is about a dollar so no need to worry about that either. i can honestly recommend that to everyone in the hobby. go check it at asiatravel.com

there are a lot of gorgeous (equals petite with good shape to me) ladies in bangkok, but sure a lot of plumpier as well; maybe not so many of monica size but those also (i guess market is small for that size...) so no worries. whatever you like you will find it in bkk!

go try eden club as well to get some thrill for your life.

if you have never been outside of us it is about time for you to see the world! los will be a memorable experience for you; you can experience something that you can just not get back home. still remember my first trip to bkk.

i recommend to take a side trip to pattaya also to see the game there also.

Freeler
02-23-03, 17:16
JohnnieBravo,

You really are an anti-hero, Johnnie!
Afraid of a couple of bugs...
Well, everything Bayer and their colleagues are not allowed to sell in Europe and/or N. America goes to SE-Asia to go on sale at supermarkets, nightmarkets, malls, everywhere.
These insecticides have 'funny' names like Bay-gon.
Yes, it's great fun killing insects.
Don't worry about the bugs!

And, PLEASE, don't get me started on Russian women in Thailand.

Dick Johnson
02-23-03, 18:11
Roaches are food. I've still got digi pics of all the roaches, scorpions they sell on those motorbikes. I heard they taste like chicken, just crunchier(yeah right).

-Dick

Freeler, please get started on Russian women in Thailand.

Joe Zop
02-23-03, 19:35
JohnnieBravo, I've never seen a bug at the Royal Asia on Soi 8, where I've stayed often, and for the price range you mention you can get the Presidential Suite :) Individual air conditioning turned on and off by a slab attached to your key and controlled by a dial in your room. Me, I generally do a regular room for about $20, or splurge for a suite for another ten bucks or so. But there are really tons of far more excellent hotels up and down the Sukhumvit area that would fit your bill.

And you'll have no trouble finding variations on Thai women -- there are enough floating around who have more meat on their bones to keep you happy, I'm sure. You may have a little trouble combining your height and weight desires, as the taller ladies tend to be thinner, but I doubt you're going to be wandering around in despair. You might need to move out of the most popular and high-traffic bars, but only to other places in the same areas. Considering that there are literally thousands of working women in the two main areas in Bangkok, finding someone who fits your desired bill isn't something you should spend a huge amount of time worrying about.

There are some Russian/eastern bloc ladies wandering around, but the ones I've seen never held a candle to even a mediocre example of Russian beauty. They are more expensive and more mercenary from what I've been told. There are a hundred better countries to go looking for them, including the States, most of Europe and the middle east, honestly. I can see the attraction of having them in LOS -- but for Thai men, more than anything else, who might want to boff a tall blonde, which isn't exactly the normal TG makeup (though with the hair-coloring craze that's seems to be sweeping the country now, the blonde part is at least nominally more available...)

JohnnieBravo
02-27-03, 00:16
Thanks again everyone for all the great hotel input. I checked out the Royal Asia homepage and it looks good.......you've convinced me :-) Joe_Zop, I will book a few nights there. From what i've heard and everyone has been saying Pattaya is well worth a visit. Does anyone have any recommendations then for a place to stay there that meets the qualifications of my previous post? Also, anyone have recommendations on good places to eat in BKK? Thanks again for everyone's help.

PosterLion
02-27-03, 02:09
DJ,

Yeah, you are right to say they don't taste like chicken. I never developed a taste for the roaches, never tried the scorpians, much preferred the grasshoppers. They went good with Thai whiskey, along with those eggs that are white all the way through. Quite a romantic snack to have with your TG while sitting around in bathtowels after a shower. lol... :)

Grasshoppers rule!

Knobrm
02-28-03, 16:31
Good places to eat? - LOS has great girls but Thai food is at least as good as the girls! There is plenty of places where you get good spicy stuff and a beer for $5. Try Tom Yum in one of the food court stalls opposite to Soi 7 beer garden

Originally posted by JohnnieBravo
... Also, anyone have recommendations on good places to eat in BKK? Thanks again for everyone's help.

Play3er
03-03-03, 10:29
Johnie Bravo - Please let me know the URL for the Royal Asia website. I've checked on places like Asiatravel mart and Planet holidays, they don't seem to have the information on the hotel.

Cheers

Dick Johnson
03-03-03, 12:14
Posterlion, so the grasshoppers are pretty good and the roaches is an acquired taste;-) LOL. Yeah, as a post coital snack with a Thaigirl wrapped in a towel it is pretty romantic, in a Thailand sort of way:D!

Thailand really has good food. Dick goes to Thai restaurants in US frequently. It's freakin addictive. Someone a long while ago here said Thai food sucks and it is only cheap Chinese food has no idea what they're missing and got chewed by Dick. The Thais really know how to use their spices. Tom Kha Kai(Spicy galanghal chicken coconut soup) is a must have and one of my favourites. Rad Na(Lard Na), Pad see ew, Tom Yum, red & green curry are all delicious.

There's a restaurant called Seafood Palace on sukumvit around 24(?) near skytrain that many cab drivers and some Thai girls will take you too that I do not recommend. I was taken by two girls there and the food was so so but the bill was huge.

There's a fine Sharksfin Restaurant across the street 200 yards inside soi21(?guestimate) that's expensive but the taste is right on. You gotta love a restaurant where the owner is inside the glass enclosed kitchen almost all the time. But fine restaurants are all over the map in BKK. BKK is one of Asia's best places for dining.

-Dick

Shamas
03-03-03, 17:59
Play3er

http://www.royalasia.co.th/

Pattaya

Sabia Lodge and Sabia Inn are in the same price range and both are "our" type of place.

Shamas

Just Me
03-04-03, 17:55
Dick J,

U are absolutely correct that the Thai Food in BKK is right up there with any food in Asia Pac. absolutely fantastic.

I remember about 8 years ago going to a small seafood restraunt on the outskirts of BKK, near a Uni.
Me, my TG, and her sister. ate some of the best seafood that I've had. Small, nothing restraunt. Food may have been the best I've had in Asia.

Total bill. 6 bucks each. 18 total. Best thing was, went back to my TG's place, and got it on with the sisters. what a dessert.

just me

Play3er
03-07-03, 04:34
Shamas - Thanks for the tip. Had a look and was quite impressed with their set-up and have sent an online registration form but still no reply/confirmation. Is this normal or should I just send a direct e-mail?

Joe Zop
03-07-03, 06:04
Play3er -- they're slow sometimes, but they'll get back to you. Nothing automated, as it's just a family-run hotel, so it's a matter of when they check their email and respond. The last time I reserved with them via the net it was two or three days.

Dick Johnson
03-07-03, 07:26
Thanks, Just me. In Thailand I never go to a Mcdonalds. In some countries I thank god I find a Mcdonalds. Even the "mall restaurants" are pretty good, whether it is Japanese food or Thai food etc.

Talking about seafood, in some beach/island areas they have live lobsters that are pretty inexpensive and very tasty.

Also in Thailand you can find a huge variety of foods, European cuisine, Cantonese, Indian, Arab etc. And the majority of them are pretty good.

PurpleNGold
03-07-03, 07:55
While we're talking about food, anyone know of any Thai restaurants in Southern California that make an authentic tasting Som Tom? I miss that, and haven't found anyplace that will make it with the chunks of crab (shell and all).

Diver69
03-08-03, 02:47
Originally posted by Shamas
Play3er

http://www.royalasia.co.th/

Pattaya

Sabia Lodge and Sabia Inn are in the same price range and both are "our" type of place.

Shamas Do you have website or address for Sabia Lodge/Inn?

Is Royal girl friendly too?

Shamas
03-09-03, 00:25
I misspelled Sabai

Sabaicenter.com/ for Sabai Lodge
Sabaiinn.com/ for Sabai Inn

I have not stayed at any of the hotels yet, according to JoeZop and their web site, Royal Asia is very girl friendly. I've made reservations for RA and am really looking forward to my stay.

Shamas

AsiaTraveler2
03-09-03, 08:20
Originally posted by Dick Johnson
Thanks, Just me. In Thailand I never go to a Mcdonalds. In some countries I thank god I find a Mcdonalds. Even the "mall restaurants" are pretty good, whether it is Japanese food or Thai food etc.

Also in Thailand you can find a huge variety of foods, European cuisine, Cantonese, Indian, Arab etc. And the majority of them are pretty good.

Dick;

Agree 100%. I love Thai food, but the variety of good restaurants is what makes Bangkok great. There are a couple of malls, which are Japanese owned, which have great Japanese food. Can't recall the name of the malls off the top of my head, but they are connected to the Sky Train stations by ramps. I also have had Italian and Indian food .. no complaints at all! Enjoy!

AT2

AsiaTraveler2
03-09-03, 08:29
Ambassador Hotel:

I figured out why I was being charged 500 baht for bringing in TG's. I set my reservation for a double room, but did not register 2 people. I set up a reservation for myself and a "Mrs." Did not have any problems getting in the TG for free. They have a log, and it shows number of people registered. Hope this info helps.

I enjoy the Ambassador, since it has a full range of services. Decent buffet breakfast (included in the room charge), The beer garden right outside the side entrance, A nice massage place by the side entrance, 24 room service, Workout\Health Center, Nice sized pool, Sabai Sabai 24 hour massage place and 7-11 right across the street, Very close to Sky Train station, Comfortable Business Center with internet access, etc.

AT2

JohnnieBravo
03-09-03, 22:58
Since we are on the subject of food I happen to love Japanese Sushi a lot and was very much looking forward to sampling it in BKK as I have read there are some good places for Sushi in BKK; however, the tour books I have read have scared me to death about eating anything raw. Is there any fellow Sushi lover out there that has had any experience with eating Sushi in BKK and has any particular recommendations or has had any good experiences? problems? Also, what about raw oysters on the half shell?......will have to have somthing to keep my stamina up.....lol.

Freeler
03-10-03, 00:55
JohnnieBravo,

'the tour books I have read have scared me to death about eating anything raw'

Well, you're reading the wrong books.
You can't have sushi, som tam, yam wun sen or springroles without fresh ingredients.

When are you going to stop worrying and whining?
All your worrying is going only to cause you problems. People who are looking for someone to scam will have you for breakfast.
All your whining will attract scammers like shit attracts flies. They will show you 'safe' places to eat. And you will overpay like the firsttimer you are and then you will pay the scammers for their 'help'.
I asked this before: Are you S-U-R-E that Thailand is a destination for you, JohnnieBravo?

JohnnieBravo
03-10-03, 06:04
freeler:

first of all, i am very mindful of scammers. we have lots in the us especially in the larger cities as i'm sure you are well aware.

second, according to the center for diesease control there is reason to be concerned about eating food served raw, such as sushi. this is a quote from their homepage "eat only thoroughly cooked food or fruits and vegetables you have peeled yourself. remember: boil it, cook it, peel it, or forget it." all i was inquiring was whether anyone else on the board ever had any problem arising from eating sushi in bkk. this you did not even address.

instead, and lastly, all you did was take and uncalled for cheap shot (and this was not the first time) as to whether i am sure bkk is the right destination for me. furthermore, by suggesting that merely by making reasonable precautionary inquiries, that that somehow makes me paranoid and a sure target for the scammers is unacceptable. a main goal of this board as i understand it, is to exchange information so as to be helpful and supportive to ones fellow hobbyist. i hope in the future you can continue to make the mostly good post you have made in a more constructive way.

thanks,
johnniebravo

PosterLion
03-10-03, 06:24
The board looks ready for battle again and the lurkers are restless.

Meanwhile, there are:

a few good men

whack whack whack whack
smack smack smack
whack whack smack whack
smack smack
WHACK

we get more done
than most...

A little poesy for all you all.

DJ,
The grasshoppers are pretty good. Get in your teeth though.

Asiatraveler2,
Thanks for the post on Gulliver's on the BKK board. I'd heard about the new one near Suk. I was thinking about going to the one on Khaosan Rd. simply because I'd never seen the place before. I'd heard mention of it so... yada yada

Freeler,
I like the attitude about not worrying too much. It isn't healthy!

JohnnieBravo,
When did you say you where going to BKK? If you don't want to risk stomach virus (or worse), just eat as safely as you can. I ate all the stuff I tried because I was offered it and I am the type that will throw a certain degree of caution to the wind. Sometimes, you pay for it. Up to you! This is Bangkok!

23 days until arrival. :)

norok!
poster...

PurpleNGold
03-10-03, 06:29
originally posted by johnniebravo

second, according to the center for diesease control there is reason to be concerned about eating food served raw, such as sushi. this is a quote from their homepage "eat only thoroughly cooked food or fruits and vegetables you have peeled yourself. remember: boil it, cook it, peel it, or forget it." all i was inquiring was whether anyone else on the board ever had any problem arising from eating sushi in bkk. this you did not even address.

i'm not gonna get involved in the argument about whether you are too paranoid for bkk or not. but, in an attempt to help you make up your mind about what to eat, i'll throw this into the ring. there are only a couple of scenarios as a result of your question, so..

1) no one responds: you have to decide whether you want to go with the cfdc's recommendation all on your own.

2) you get mixed responses: you have to decide whether you want to go with the cfdc's recommendation all on your own.

3) you get responses indicating that no one, who bothered to respond, has had any problems: you have to decide whether you want to go with the cfdc's recommendation in spite of the glowing recomendations.

4) you get responses indicating that everyone, who bothered to respond, has had serious problems when ignoring the cfdc: you have to decide whether you want to go with the cfdc's recommendation after it appears to be validated.

ultimately, it boils down to whether or not you want to ignore the cfdc.

btw, i ate som tom and fruit (from the street vendors) every day. never tried sushi while i was there because i wanted to eat thai while in thailand. no diseases or stomach ache here.

JohnnieBravo
03-10-03, 06:48
Purplengold:

It was NOT the fact that he did not address the question about what to eat, what not to eat or the CDC's recommendations, that I was talking about, it was the fact that he used my post not to inform, but rather to dis and all I was saying is that I didn't think that was in keeping with the good spirit of this forum. Nuff said on that! Thanks for relaying your experiences regarding the food though.

JohnnieBravo

Skinless
03-10-03, 06:50
johny, wtf r u going to los to eat japanese food for anyway? j food is bland, none blander, and that is why we take wasabe with it. the guys here will poke anything so they are not necessarily the best sources of advice on matters of hygiene. japanese places catering to non japanese are not particularly great, esepcially as foreigners won't have a clue between good and bad sashimi/sushi etc.
the reason thais take so many spices etc is to kill the germs.

freeler is into making his baht give him value for money. therefore, he does not go to thailand to eat japanese food. he seems to prefer thai pussy, another form of raw meat with its own problems. if you are owrried about road stalls etc, skip them. and peeel your fruit and veggies. and don't take any ice or frozen foods on the street. and don't stay at the miami as it is a shit hole. and don't ....

SexReview
03-10-03, 07:13
Originally posted by skinless
Johny, wtf r u going to LOS to eat Japanese food for anyway? J food is bland, none blander, and that is why we take wasabe with it. ....

If you are looking for Japanese food in Bangkok try Fuji. It is a chain that you will find in Thailand. I've been to the locations in Bangkok and Pattaya both of them are great and fresh. Prices are good and they have large menus. The Bangkok Location is about 10 minutes from the Nana area by taxi heading towards Patpong. The Pattaya location is at the Big C mall. Give them a try you will like the food if you like Japanese.

Freeler
03-10-03, 07:34
JohnnieBravo,

You still don't fully get it, do you?

I've been giving you information all along:

YOU CAN EAT THE DAMNED FOOD!
DON'T BE SCARED OF COCKROACHES!

On many trips I spent at least a year in total in Thailand and quite a few months in other tropical countries. And I NEVER had a problem with food (or STD, Skinless).
The ONLY people who have a problem with food are the ones who believe 'official' recommendations.

Furthermore: It is IMPOSSIBLE to eat Thai food, or sushi
(as I did mention),
without the fresh/raw ingredients
(as I too did mention).

So you will be pealing your own fruits? Don't make me laugh! Where are you going to clean your knife?
So you will drink your drinks without ice?
I heard so many people say that, and when they first use icecubes they ask: 'Did you boil the water?'
As if the restaurant make their own icecubes...

BTW Some people are concerned about bottled water too:)!

JohnnieBravo
03-10-03, 07:53
freeler:

ok, ok, i knew you had to have raw ingredients for sushi and some thai food that's why i was asking about if anybody ever had any trouble. it wasn't clear to me that you had actually addressed the question if you had any trouble, not just the fact that the food would obviously have to be raw. however, you obviously did address this clearly in this second post. if i missed it in the first post, i am sorry. so very well, let this be the end of all this and lets get back to talking about the best cuisine of the los;-)

johnniebravo

p.s. i see your point about the inconvience of peeling and your point about the bottled water is noted as well. thanks.

AsiaTraveler2
03-10-03, 08:33
originally posted by johnniebravo
second, according to the center for diesease control there is reason to be concerned about eating food served raw, such as sushi. this is a quote from their homepage "eat only thoroughly cooked food or fruits and vegetables you have peeled yourself. remember: boil it, cook it, peel it, or forget it." all i was inquiring was whether anyone else on the board ever had any problem arising from eating sushi in bkk.

johnny;

i would suggest as a first timer, just stick to the cooked food. there are enough thai, chinese, indian, italian, and other places to satisfy you. most of the sushi in the new shopping plaza's connected to the sky train are ok in my book, but i have traveled alot and my system is used to it by now. any first timer in hong kong, bangkok, phillipines, or any destination in that part of the world will probably experience some problems .. diahrea, etc. it's the water. after my 3rd visit or so, all of that stopped. apparently the system adapts. to enjoy your stay .. be conservative on the first and 2nd visits. drink bottled water when possible, stay away from fresh fruits and vegatables, etc. better safe than sorry. it's your first trip .. why do anything stupid. let your system adapt. everyone is different, so you will have to find your own comfort level and see what your body can handle. stay away from stall food on your first few visits. just use common sense. don't let anyone on the board sway your gut feelings on this. i think they have all forgotten what it was like on their first visit to that part of the world. all of my travel companions have gotten something at one time or another, on their initial visits, when they took chances. keep your priorities straight .. experience some nice cooked thai food, experience the culture, and enjoy the sex! covered of course! nothing sucks worst than getting sick on your first few days in the ultimate sin city. is sushi worth it? there's other places and other times for that! enjoy!

Dick Johnson
03-10-03, 10:24
If you get sick during your vacation you are just flushing money down the toilet lying in bed in hotel, going to hospitals etc. Can't even fuck. Most of BKK is OK. Some of the food in parts of Thailand, Cambodia, China etc are not too clean. If you just get the runs it is not a big deal.

The Fuji restaurant chain is not bad, reasonably priced and pretty tasty. I find that I have to order more than 1 dish to satisfy my appetite sometimes, esp after all that sex and also becuz in US the portions are bigger. But there are so many good restaurants in Thailand.

The bakeries in Thailand are pretty damn good, with all those pastries and ham/salad etc sandwiches. You can find some around Siam Square. Gotta watch the waistline though. I think grasshoppers have low calories, right posterlion LOL.

I find the bottled water(the ones in the cheaper looking bottles) in LOS to not taste as good. It seems to have just a little bit of bitter taste lol.

Skinless
03-10-03, 10:59
you can buy knives/machettes etc very cheaply everywhereso peeling anytihng is not a problem. the tropical fruit is certainly worth checking out and large helpings wil give you the runs. always carry toilet paper. if you get the runs, down some coca cola or pepsi to stop it. because freeler did not get anything does not mean you will not. just be careful and do what you are ocmfortable with. the food stalls outside nana are pure shit, there for drunken and undiscerning mongers at 2 am. use your sense just like you would at home.

on another topic: is the miami the shittiest hotel in bkk? or are there worse ones?

clark1
03-10-03, 12:36
Hi,

I was wonder if someone have some good advice on what hotels in Bangkok offers the best view, from the rooms, of the city?

Love floor to ceiling windows...

Thanks in advance

Toosh
03-10-03, 15:25
JohnnieBravo,

I did my first trip to LOS last month. Like you I had concerns about the food there as well. However, I did not have any problems. I ate at the food stalls, drank pleny of mixed drinks with ice, and consumed a lot fresh fruit there as well. I can't speak to the sushi as I don't eat that sh** (IMO).

However, I think Asiatraveler2 is giving you good advice. Unfortunately, after you've had a shitload of vodka tonics (with ice) caution seems slide down the priority list when it comes to food. At that point, if the ho wants to eat at the food stall chances are you will too.

EnjoyTBs
03-11-03, 06:02
JohnnieBravo,

You worry on the wrong subject. Like Asiatraveler2 mentioned, “Just use your common sense”

The foods offer in Thailand to monger like all of us in this board are most likely to be cleaner then the pussy that we consume. Place more caution on where you put your dick….lol.

Stop worrying too much, this will spoil your holiday.

SexReview
03-11-03, 07:06
About getting sick from food in Bangkok, since I'm not a doctor and I am writing this from the United States so I can't tell you what to do. But I can tell you what I've done in Thailand that works for me. I have had a problem a couple of times in country because I eat almost everything. I carry Ciprocep with me in my travel kit. Ciprocep or Ciprofloxacin 250-mg pills are available in any drug store in Thailand. It comes in a foil 10-pack and cost a few hundred baht. I would take two or 500 mg and then take one more 250-mg pill every six to eight hours. Always the problem is gone in less than 24 hours for me. I have talk to my doctor here and he tells me he knows of this drug and has use it with good results. The interesting thing is in the US it cost about $7.00 dollars per pill. Don't let a problem ruin a great trip.

Freeler
03-11-03, 07:17
JohnnieBravo,

I somehow misplaced a food/diarrhea post in the Bankok section...
(03-10-03 19:38)

ThaiFan
03-12-03, 01:52
Indra Regent Hotel, Rajprarob Road. Does anyone have any info on this hotel? Am booked in on a package holiday. Is it girl friendly? Is it walking distance to Sukhumvit Road?

Thanks

Thaifan

Skinless
03-12-03, 13:47
MIAMI HOTEL IS A SHIT HOLE:
Did I report that checkout time is 12 noon. I went out at 10 am. When I returned at 10.30 am, they had already made the cum stained bed and taken the towels away to hurry me up out the door. I had to use my own towel. I left it there after me.
Take in a lady and you pay 20 bt. No ID card, 40 bt.
Use the luggage storage, 10 bt a piece.
600 bt minimum to stay in this shit heap.
Nice pool with Lonely Planet and Freeler types lolling around it.
Empty over priced restaurants with middle aged pimps posing as waiters.
Its only advantage:near Thermae and some frsh f meat outside it at 3-4 am if you need a poke.

DO NOT STAY IN THIS SHIT HOLE. Nana has some advanantages. This shit hole has none.
If you are going to Bkk, book in advance as I found rooms hard to get and I had to stay in this SH hotel.

Freeler
03-12-03, 21:35
Skinless,

Wrong again!

Freeler types do NOT waste their valuable time in BKK.
And paying B600 (HAHAHA) is totally out of the question.

Joe Zop
03-12-03, 22:58
"Freeler types" -- my god, does that mean are more of you running around? :D

Freeler
03-12-03, 23:21
Joe_zop,

:D No way, there can only be one me, and I am him! :D

Jodomas
03-13-03, 03:15
thaifan;

Indra Regent Hotel. Far from action. Area is only good for shopping. Dead area at night. Is across the street from Bayoke hotels. Only been in the lobby and looks ok. Don't know if it is guest friendly.

jodomas

Shamas
03-14-03, 07:00
Joe Zop,

I have reservations at the Royal Asia Lodge in mid April, a few Qs if you would please

I read a report that said soi 8 is a pedestrain only street, is this so and if so what is the best way to get to it from Suk'mvt Rd.?

I like to bring my own CDs as few radio stations play bluegrass and country, do they have inexpensive boomboxes? I usually take a $25 WMart special with me when I go to Costa Rica, but with the long travel time I don't want to tote one around if I don't need to. I never bring the boombox home, I always give it to the girl I like the best who also happans to by my last date of my trip.

Thanks for your time

Shamas

Joe Zop
03-14-03, 07:38
Soi 8 is NOT a pedestrian only street. It's at times a narrow congested mess near Sukhumvit, but that's not the same thing, and most Sois in the area aren't any different. A cab can take you from the airport to the hotel, and then the Royal Asia has a free tuk-tuk that will take you up and down the street whenever you wish. It's very efficient, 24/7, and there's a call button near Sukhumvit.

You can find relatively inexpensive boomboxes in a variety of places in Bangkok, from up and down Sukhumvit to Patpong to Pantip Plaza, depending on how much time you want to spend on the quest for the perfect one. Electronics are actually not cheaper that in the US, generally, unlike just about everything else in the country, but for things like boomboxes they're not expensive.

Have a blast!

Toosh
03-14-03, 15:36
joe_zop,

When I was in Bangkok I checked out the Royal Asia and thought it was good value. I am thinking of staying there while I am in Bangkok on my next trip. They told me they had a call box near Sukhumvit but on my way out I did not see it. As you reach Sukhumvit coming from the Royal Asia where is the call box located?

Knobrm
03-14-03, 15:55
After reading your comments about this Royal Asia Place I think I will also try it next time if rooms available. How far is it from Suk?
Is it further away than Grand President on Soi11 is from Suk?

Joe Zop
03-14-03, 16:01
when you look from sukumvit down soi 8 the call box is located just inside the first small alley on the right, maybe twenty meters or so from sukhumvit. it's mounted on the wall there, and is obvious, since it's the only thing mounted there.

if you go too far and hit the second alley, well, then you're at [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900)' sister site "alley cats" where you won't get the tuk-tuk to come, but you probably won't care :)

Toosh
03-14-03, 19:05
joe_zop - Thanks for the info.

knobrm - The Royal Asia is farther from Sukhumvit than the Grand President which is where I was on my January visit. You probably will want to use the tuk-tuk especially if you have a ho in tow. The rooms at the Royal Asia are not as nice as the Grand President but then again I rather spend the money I save on the ho's or vodka tonics.

Knobrm
03-16-03, 18:24
What is gues policy of Majestic Suites for single room? if I take that do they charge some joiner fee for TG?

Is room equipment for single person only or is it basically ok for 2?

Play3er
03-21-03, 09:57
Didn't know that there was a callbox for the Royal Asia. Walked all the way back from the main street to the hotel. It was indeed a pleasant walk since there were other people walking too!

SexReview
03-21-03, 12:08
Originally posted by Knobrm
What is gues policy of Majestic Suites for single room? if I take that do they charge some joiner fee for TG?

Is room equipment for single person only or is it basically ok for 2?

I never paid a joiner fee at the Majestic Suites, they are very cool about having guest visit.

Joe Zop
03-21-03, 15:58
Ouch, play3er, that walk can be a pain if you do it often, though it's certainly an easy street to walk up and down, and there are some nice vendors and shops on it. I don't think I'd be so willing to stay at Royal Asia if it weren't for that box -- I walked often enough, but I like not having to do that or take a cab unless I want to do so.

Zidaho
03-23-03, 00:43
I'm thinking about a reservation at the Royal Benja: Four star hotel at 39 Sukhumvit Rd, Soi 5 for $36.00 US per night. Has exercise room and pool! Sounds like a good place, hopes it's girl friendly!! Has anyone been there? Found it at Hoteltravel.com anyway the pictures look good!!! I expect to be there April 24. I have enjoyed the postings on this site . . . THANKS!!!! Lon

BadbadHombre
03-24-03, 20:58
I'm a newbie planning a trip to Thailand. Thinking about staying at either the JW Marriot or Landmark. Would appreciate any comments! Girl-friendly places? Thanks in advance!

Duckman
03-29-03, 02:12
Zidaho,

The Royal Benja is listed on sanuk maps as not being guest friendly. When I was in Mae Hong Song I met a couple that stayed there and they thought it was great. But of course they were not trying to bring any guests to their room.

This hotel is also quite a walk from Sukhumvit.

Duckman

Duckman
03-29-03, 02:28
Knobrm,

I stayed at the Majestic Suites once and wouldn't have a problem about staying there again. I didn't have a reservation and the only room they had available was a single studio room (1165 baht). It was clean and nice. It had I believe a double bed and a very nice marble bathroom but the room itself was very small.

The next day they had a double deluxe room (1865 baht) available and I moved to it. It was more like the size of a standard room in most hotels. I was very happy with this room.

The best things about this hotel are it's location near Nana and the rooms are quite nice for the price. The rooms are actually nicer than many hotels that are much more expensive. I've stayed in a lot of different hotels.

To summerize, very nice rooms, no roaches, very guest friendly, marble bathrooms, all rooms less than 2000 baht.

Duckman

Zidaho
03-29-03, 03:49
Thanks Duckman, I'll reconsider now . . . as I remember the on-line agent did seem a bit evasive about my girl friendly question.

I've learned a good deal this past week in reading the archives!!! Great resource, thanks to the senior members.

Dick Johnson
03-29-03, 05:57
At Majestic, they call their small rooms suites.

Other than that, good location and nice rooms.

Dinghy
03-29-03, 06:51
I finally got to BKK - report on Royal Asia Lodge - internet price 890 plus 7% tax (about $22 total). Double king - single room, refrig, AC, I need to ask if the hot water actually gets hot (was "outside temp" - which was about 80 last PM)... Accpetable room but a bit of a walk from Sukhumvit (but I need the exercise anyway) guest friendly (they run a copy of the ID) tuktuk service available 24 hours. internet in hotel but a bit pricey compared to the baht/min places - 3x as much - B50/15 minutes

water problem was thatthe circuit breaker had tripped. I needed to reset it myself once I saw how the maintenance guy did it (just push button (lots of output for such a small package - I wonder whywe dont use thes in states?)

JohnnieBravo
03-29-03, 19:40
Duckman:

Great report on Majestic Suites. Just wondering about how long ago the time that you stayed there was that you were referring to on your report. Thanks and also did you ever stay at the Royal Asia Lodge? That has gotten some very good write ups on here as well.

JohnnieBravo

Dick Johnson
03-30-03, 05:13
Nana Hotel-bigger rooms. Majestic-smaller, nicer rooms. Both very convenient for Nana mongers. There are many other hotel around though.

Duckman
03-30-03, 06:11
JohnnieBravo,

I stayed at Majestic Suites last July. I haven't stayed at the Royal Asia but I did check it out. The rooms at the Royal Asia were nice but not quite as nice as the Majestic.

If you don't mind the walk or riding the hotel tuk tuk, Royal Asia is probably the better bang for the buck.

Duckman

Dinghy
03-30-03, 11:47
duck - the best part is that it's Q U I E T (almost no noise at all)

and if youre an overweight farang you can even walk the 500metres down to the hotel <grin>

oh, one thing also about soi 8 - alley cats is the second alley in off 8th. posted "price list" that goes from 800 bj to 1500 for 1 and 2800 for mixed doubles. cheap draft beer B55 calrsberg

went to Pattaya. saw on Pat board tha King Kong was busted for offering on-site services. Must be diffeernt in Pattaya and BKK since alley cats had a posted price list

Zidaho
04-07-03, 06:46
thanks again duckman re majestic suites and dinghy, i really like quiet so i may check out the royal asia. i'm going to take a big empty suitcase to carry my purchases back home. can i expect to safely store suitcase in a hotel storage closet for 3-4 weeks? naturally, i'd have those little padlocks on zippers. a friend who left for los last week said he moved from royal benja because they charged a 500 baht joiner fee. he said after moving to nana his social life really improved! however, after a few days he said the foam mattress in the nana room was getting hot and uncomfortable. my friend also said he had some dental work done for about $60.00 that would have cost $200.00 in usa. also he has made appointment on april 24, to have liposuction on a belly band for $1,600. -vs- $5,000. in usa. just out of curiosity how much of a transaction fee do the atm's charge on credit cards and debit cards, though now that i ask, it occurs to me i could probably ask the bank who issued my cards. i'm thrilled about this trip!! yipeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Traveler
04-07-03, 23:27
Re Royal Asia Lodge:
Try to get room 604, had that one and was ok. Avoid 303 was worn down. They have also rooms they call suite, but just two rooms connected. One made up like a living room, but very basic and a small kitchen. Not worth the money.
Check girls ID (depends on girl at reception)

Royal Asia Suites has better rooms/suites. Try these if you like to spend money.

There is also The Promenade at Soi 8. Less far to walk. They have now a sign in front of the hotel announcing a walk in rate of 1.000 baht. Expect to still get a room for 800. Same quality like Royal Asia, IMHO even slightly better.

Stable Lodge and some others are also there, but I hven't seen the rooms.

Better value for money is the Grand President (Soi 11 or 13) and the Royal President (Soi 15). Daily rate is about 2000, but very nice rooms with TV, video, cd, kitchenette. Very good breakfast buffet at Royal President. No ID checks, girl friendly.

Try to get the Regency Park at Soi 22 over the internet. Walk in rate is about 2500, internet just 22 - 24 US. Nice rooms, but a bit far from Nana, closer to soi cowboy.

Tai Pan is also good value for money, close to soi cowboy. You got to book a double to avoid joiner fee. Saw it for about 19 - 22 US over the internet. Walk in is around 1500.

Imperial Impala also quiet ok. Also got to book double and try to stay low profile.

Best site I found so far is
http://www.budgetasiatravel.com/index.html

Jayf1970
04-08-03, 01:01
Bringing two girls to the room.

Is this a problem? This topic doesn't seem to have been discussed much. I am sure some of the discerning fellow WSG'ers have run into this. *********.com recommends staying at the grand president if you expect to bring back more than one guests to your room; but I'd rather stay at the Nana Hotel - it seems to be the most recommended hotel on this forum. Any input would be highly appreciated.

By the way, any fellow mongers up for a gangbang (strictly heterosexual)? I'm planning to visit in the 2nd or 3rd week of May.

Zidaho
04-08-03, 07:29
Traveler,
I think I inadvertantly deleted the message I was ready to submit. I am not familiar with this laptop. Anyway, thanks for the Hotel report! My friend who I think is still going with me, unless he talks himself out with the SARS issue, is picky and at least now I have another place nearby to recomend. I'm definitley making reservation for room on-line, that really improves the booking rate! Thanks for the timely post

Traveler.

Buzzz
04-08-03, 08:35
Does anybody know if the Bel Aire Princess hotel is joiner friendly? I am planning to stay there in May.

Ralph Kramden
04-11-03, 16:11
I had my best experience ever in a Bangkok hotel last week at the Emerald. It is on Rachadapisek Rd, only a 3 minute walk from the Mirage, and surrounded by 9 different massage houses according to my count. It is also 20 minutes from the airport, 200 baht, and about 20-30 minutes from Sumkumvit Soi 20. It is a 3 star and has excellent facilities and service. I booked on the web for $30/night including breakfast and tax. There is also good shopping and restaurants nearby. There will be a subway stop right in front when it is complete. They do charge 700 baht for a room guest. I was not there long enough to find out for sure, but there seemed to be free lancers in the hotel lobby bar. There is also a disco in the basement, Sparks.

JohnnieBravo
04-12-03, 09:31
Hello Everyone:

Just trying to finalize my hotel plans for BKK. Am considering the Landmark, Royal Asia Lodge, Majestic Suites and maybe the Nana. Anyone ever have any experience with a hotel simply called "The Grand Hotel". It seems like a really really top ranked place that I've seen some good deals on from time to time. I suppose though it's prob. one of those things that's too good to be true and is not girl friendly. Also, does anyone know where in relationship to the Sukhumvit area it is located......a ways I know but was just curious as to how far. Thanks again for all the great posts on here.

Joe Zop
04-12-03, 15:05
The Grand Hotel is basically north quite a ways up Asoke, the main road near Soi Cowboy (which then turns into Ratchadapisek Road once it crosses New Phetburi.). If you stay there you should plan on cabbing it to and from the action on Sukhumvit, as it is a fairly long way away. It is in the area of a slew of soapies, and there are some discos in the area. Sanukmaps doesn't list it as either girl-friendly or unfriendly.

Be cautious on information on this as there's also the Grand Inn, which is very near Nana on Soi 3 and Sukhumvit, and is listed as girl friendly.

Dick Johnson
04-12-03, 15:14
Emerald is a hotel for soapy slaves. If soapy is your thing, consider it a good choice. You can walk to Emmanuelle and many other MPs.

But if you are a Go-Go Dog. Consider the Sukumvit area like Nana, Majestic, Landmark etc.

Zidaho
04-14-03, 03:20
I did a google search for "sanuk maps" and gee . . . a picture is worth a thousand words! That was a good tip, thanks guys!! Now I kinda know where I'm going. Possible to get one of these sanuk maps at a bookstore when I arrive? Jeez, a map makes it so much easier to understand where hotels and best action you descibe taking place. I wonder is there is a comprable sanuk map for Phuket, Pattaya, and Chiang Mai. Advise appreciated!!!!

Najene
04-14-03, 09:08
Hey Guys;
I'm landing at BKK Airport at 10:45 PM on Saturday nite in May and my lady will be waiting. We need a nearby hotel for the nite as we will be leaving for the Boondocks where her parents live on Sunday morning. Any have a suggestion about a hotel that late at nite that won't want more than around 1000 baht?
najene

Joe Zop
04-14-03, 14:01
Zidaho -- the only thing you can easily find in LOS vaguely similar to what you find in the sanukmaps group is the Groovy "(Insert City) by Night" map series, which I find pretty underwhelming, out of date, and overpriced, though they do generally point out the main areas. Better to simply print out the sanuk maps before you go; just fold one up and pop it in your pocket. As far as other places -- there are links to maps for Chiang Mai and Pattaya listed in the Thailand FAQ on this site. There's also a decent one for Phuket somewhere, but I can't find where I got mine at the moment -- I'll see if I can track it down.

Joe Zop
04-14-03, 14:16
Najene -- the hotels in the airport area tend to be a bit pricier, probably because there's less competition. I've stayed at the Comfort Suites, but they're in the 1500baht rate. You can find a couple of hotels in your range at http://www.bangkokhoteltravel.com/hotelsort.htm#Airport but I've not stayed at either of the less expensive ones, so can't give you a first-hand report.

Good luck with your lady -- I'd love to see a report from you about how things have gone/are going, as it's always good to learn from other people's experiences. Just ignore the naysayers -- the bottom line is there are many approaches, and the one that makes you happy is the right one.

Phuquer
04-14-03, 16:20
Hey, Najene. I am glad to hear things are working out. I agree with Joe_Zop. As long as you are happy, that's all that matters. What works for me might not work for you, and vice-versa. Just keep your eyes open and protect yourself. You are our friend, and we don't want anything bad to happen to you. As far as hotels, since you are getting in at about 11, it really wouldn't be late to go to the Sukhumvit area and find a place there. I usually stay at the Grand President on Sukhumvit Soi 11. It's a really nice place, and you can get a room there for about 1350baht. With the taxi ride, it would be about 1500 total. 500baht more than you wanted to spend, but that's not too much. GP's number is 02-651-1201. Good luck, and enjoy your trip. Happy Songkran to everybody!

SoLong69
04-15-03, 09:39
Hey Jayf1970. I stayed at the City Lodge on Sumkumvit Road and had no problem at all bringing in 2 girls. It's a nice, clean place and close to all the action. By the way, I will be in Bangkok in early may and would definitely be up for some gangbanging. Drop me a line at seoulonely@hotmail.com and lets set something up.

Thaipan
04-15-03, 15:10
Originally posted by JohnnieBravo
Hello Everyone:

Just trying to finalize my hotel plans for BKK. Am considering the Landmark, Royal Asia Lodge, Majestic Suites and maybe the Nana. Anyone ever have any experience with a hotel simply called "The Grand Hotel". It seems like a really really top ranked place that I've seen some good deals on from time to time. I suppose though it's prob. one of those things that's too good to be true and is not girl friendly. Also, does anyone know where in relationship to the Sukhumvit area it is located......a ways I know but was just curious as to how far. Thanks again for all the great posts on here.

The Nana is a dump and is definetly not in the same league as the Landmark! The Majestic Suites might be a good option, it is just round the corner from NEP and I have heard good things about it but never stayed there.

One more thing about the Nana, it is being refurbished externally (at the end of March) currently and that might still be going on the way they were doing it - it will take them for ever to finish!!!

Thaipan

PosterLion
04-15-03, 16:00
INFO on Majestic Hotel

I have stayed there twice and it is quite nice for my purposes. There is an electronic safe in the closet and a control panel for lights, TV, and air-con on the table beside the bed. The floors are marble (or immitation marble, they look nice) and everything works properly.

I used the mini bar and restocked it by shopping at the 7/11 across the street. 7/11 sells everything the mini bar has except Diet Pepsi in cans. The hotel is perfectly situated between Nana Hotel and Grace Hotel.

A standard BKK night move is to go to the Grace Hotel from Nana Hotel after Nana Disco closes. The Majestic is on Sukumvit just off Soi 4 across the street from the 7/11 I mentioned. The Landmark is right next door but it is 3, 4, or 5 times the price.

The staff at the Majestic were good to me and try to keep me out of trouble by calling my room when a girl comes by to visit. Be careful with the butterflying! It can get you into trouble, or not, your mileage will vary. :)

poster...

Apac Boy
04-16-03, 08:44
yeap...i concur...

nana's a piece of shit...but what other hotel can u sit down at the lobby and look at that many weirdos walking around? i still wouldn't stay at that shit hotel though...

majestic rocks! i don't mind the smaller rooms...it's sooo clean.

tapioca

Vin
04-16-03, 12:12
Originally posted by PosterLion
INFO on Majestic Hotel

I have stayed there twice and it is quite nice for my purposes. There is an electronic safe in the closet and a control panel for lights, TV, and air-con on the table beside the bed. The floors are marble (or immitation marble, they look nice) and everything works properly.

I used the mini bar and restocked it by shopping at the 7/11 across the street. 7/11 sells everything the mini bar has except Diet Pepsi in cans. The hotel is perfectly situated between Nana Hotel and Grace Hotel.

The staff at the Majestic were good to me and try to keep me out of trouble by calling my room when a girl comes by to visit. Be careful with the butterflying! It can get you into trouble, or not, your mileage will vary. :)

poster...

I'm considering the Majestic for my virgin-trip in june. Questions: King-size beds? Want a lot of space for my exploits. Nice bath-rooms, hot water etc.? Be grateful for answers and tips.

Duckman
04-16-03, 17:37
Vin,

I've stayed at both the Nana Hotel and the Majestic. I agree with Tap. I think the Nana is a dump. The Majestic is much better. It is very nice and if you get a Double Deluxe room which is what I like I think you'll have plenty of space. It's the size of a standard hotel room. Their single rooms are very small but still nice and clean. Hope this helps.

Duckman

Vin
04-17-03, 12:19
When I book the room should I book for 2 persons? Or just ask for a double deluxe? Two king-size beds would be excellent, one for sleeping, and one for 'the hobby':)

Thaipan
04-17-03, 13:00
Originally posted by vin
When I book the room should I book for 2 persons? Or just ask for a double deluxe? Two king-size beds would be excellent, one for sleeping, and one for 'the hobby':)

I always book for 1 person and have never had a problem in being charged extra for a "guest" but have not stayed at the Majestic.

Thaipan

PosterLion
04-18-03, 00:51
VIN,

It's hard to go wrong at the Majestic except that it is maybe 1 or 2 hundred baht more than some other places but the rooms are quite nice, there is no guest fees, and it is close as you need to be to the action. It is literally a 60 second walk to NEP.

I always sign up for the single suite I think. Just check their website, I always sign up for the room that is 1295 baht. I believe that quote also includes the taxes.

It is a good balance between location and cleanliness. The Nana is more or less a dump (from what I hear) but I am going to stay there once just to say I have. :)

If you have never been then you are not going to complain about this place much I don't think. Your mind is going to be (literally) spinning from all the girls that will be wanting to sleep with you. You have been warned, now take the plunge.

poster...

PosterLion
04-18-03, 00:58
VIN,

The bed is king or queen I can't say for sure. I've never fallen off yet so it must be a king. I doubt you'll notice one way of the other. Man, I remember my first time now.

PosterLion
04-18-03, 01:18
ONE more thing...

It seems like I've done everything but answer your questions. The water has always been hot but sometimes it takes maybe two minutes before it warms up. I seemed to notice that the upper floor toilets don't flush quite as well as the lower floors, a minor issue. The bathrooms are a solid marble like substance and very clean, much cleaner than mine at home. Even the street noise is kept out well but you will sometimes hear screaming (or crying) in the next room.

I have heard it all there (and I've only been 3 times). Don't become the sobbing guy I heard on my first trip that lived next door to me, "boo hoo hoo, i'll never have a girl like that again." I swear men, those were his exact words. It was so excruciating I had to put my ear on the wall to listen closer.

I think I added that part because this is your first trip. :)

poster...

PurpleNGold
04-18-03, 01:59
Not exactly hotels, but....

Anyone know how to go about renting a regular apartment for monthly rates? While I was there last, I accompanied my BG back to her place. There was one apartment that had the door open and there were a group of backpackers hanging out there.

I know that the BG was paying 6000B for the month, which would be much cheaper than a hotel for a couple weeks.

Jayf1970
04-18-03, 03:02
How far is the Grand President from NEP? From Soi Cowboy? Is it easy to find cabs in front of the hotel?

Vin
04-18-03, 10:56
Thanks, guys :)

Room booked for 4 nights but will probably stay longer. Takes days to acclimatise I guess, and to get laid enough to be able to think straight. Never been this excited about an upcoming trip, and that's all thanks to you guys, lol.

PurpleNGold
04-18-03, 20:17
Originally posted by jayf1970
How far is the Grand President from NEP? From Soi Cowboy? Is it easy to find cabs in front of the hotel?

Short walk to either (a couple blocks), and, that's a good thing because traffic is so heavy along Suk that you don't want to waste so much money on cabs. GP is on Soi 11, NEP is on Soi 4 and Cowboy is Soi 20 (I can't remember the exact soi for Cowboy, but that's within a soi or 2).

The cabs are too easy to find. They'll bug you every time you step out of the hotel. Just smile and say "No thanks."

Dinghy
04-20-03, 17:20
anybody know of a hotel with mini-bars that have LOCKS? The prices are low compared to US prices but I still don't like paying the higher prices for the raid

From Soi 11 to NEP is about a 10 minute walk. To Soi cowboy, about the same. also Soi Cowboy runs parallel to Suk between 23 and 22, north side of Suk. If you are riding Skytrain, get off at "asok". The major problem (soi cowboy) is needing to cross the main road (waiting for the light to change and then the "BKK traffic roulette") They are building an underpass but it isn't near done yet

JohnnieBravo
04-21-03, 07:32
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the great post and info....I have learned so very much! I decided to book a more upscale place for the first night there and then walk around a little and have a look see at some different places to avoid any possible dissapointments. I booked a night at the Westin Grande Sukhumvit 259 Sukhumvit Road in BKK. Has anyone had any experience trying to bring any "guest" into this hotel? I booked a room for 2 but I don't know if that'll do it or not. I figured even if they are not girl friendly I could always get a soapie my first night there to relax me after my long flight and then go at it the next day after I found a place I liked more long term. As always, any positive suggests or thoughts from the more experience BKK campaigners would be greatly be appreciated.

JohnnieBravo

Duckman
04-21-03, 14:57
JohnnieBravo,

I haven't stayed at the Westin Grand Sukhumvit (formerly the Grand Pacific Hotel) but my girl has and she says it's very nice. It is girl friendly and only a short walk to Soi Cowboy.

Duckman

JohnnieBravo
04-22-03, 01:04
Duckman:

Perfect! That's great news! Thanks a lot for the info.

JohnnieBravo

Jodomas
04-22-03, 06:21
Has anyone stayed at The Ambassador Royal Suites. They are offering a one bedroom suite for 1500 baths. I used to stay at The Ambassador Hotel before but the hotel is been going downhill lately so I have avoided it the last two years. The suites looks good in their website but given that is the Ambassador I'm reluctant to book. I think the suites is the glass building with the large arch across the hotel on soi 12. Here is the link.

http://www.amtel.co.th/bkkroyal

jodomas

Monger22
04-24-03, 04:16
I have, they are nice. Right out door from Ambassador lobby. Years ago had buffet rest. on first floor.
I still use Ambassador Towers not the hotel sec. in front towards Sukimvit. Towers are good.
You can negotiate a better rate at checkin than posted internet rates in both suites an towers.

Zidaho
04-26-03, 04:58
I'm a CHICK magnet!! Stayed the first night Thursday at Majestic Suites, and due to weekend bookings was moved to Grand President Friday and Saturday night. Fine with me, much nicer room far better breakfast and 500 baht cheaper! 1,350 baht has a pool weight room and door man at Tower 2 offered a 2:00 am 2 hour massage with a lovely young masseuse for 600 baht. She settled after GREAT 2 hour massage for another 1,400 baht for memorable sex. Leaving for CM tomorrow!

Spitfire
04-26-03, 12:04
All of my searches indicate that the JW Marriott is girl-friendly. However, I can't find out if they charge a joiner fee or if they require the lady to register. Can anyone tell me?
Thanks!

JohnnieBravo
04-26-03, 20:03
What is the opinion of this board regarding booking a BKK room in advance using an online service vs. going there in person and seeing what kind of a deal one can get? Which does everyone here feel is cheaper? Thanks again for everyones input

Seydlitz
04-26-03, 20:19
JohnnieBravo,

online bookings will almost always be cheaper than "walk-in" prices. Keep in mind that breakfast is usually included in online bookings, while it is often not in walk-in prices.

As always, YMMV, and there might be other examples, but I'd stick to internet bookings for value for money, if you know what you want.

If you need to see the hotel first, of course, then walk-in is the way to go.

Joe Zop
04-26-03, 22:09
I agree with Seydlitz -- it's almost always cheaper online. You can get deals if you're a good negotiator, but that's tough to do if you're standing there with your luggage and easier to do if you're considering moving from another place.

PurpleNGold
04-26-03, 22:48
What about just staying with the nights LT each night? Save on hotel cost, no? Anyone ever tried this?

Philo
04-26-03, 23:12
The (to my limited knowledge) cheapest way to stay BKK for a night is this: Live on the street, in cafes/bars/gogos and internetplaces til 12 pm-2am. Then you take your girl to a ST-hotel.

I once did it twice with the same girl from Rainbow I.

For this place: pass Grace Hotel on Soi 3 ca. 200 m., take the first road to the right for some 2-300 meters (your girl will know): 400 B till noon next day.

Have shover, have toilet, have condoms (and even mirrors) and can buy cheap beer and order food from the man who closes the curtains.

Quite nice and surrealistic if you ask me ......... (there are even free toothbrushes :))

Philo
04-26-03, 23:48
..... sorry, I forgot what I really was going to say: In high season I got Tai-Pan (the best for Cowboy fucking) on internet for B 1100, but I had to pay a B 600 joiner fee (1200 fucking B for two girls from Apache).

When I walked in the door in march this year the clerk almost kissed me and I had a room with breakfast for two for much less then B 1700 (1100+600 as over).

Whatever these smartasses below say: hotels are like Thai pronouns: Phom, Khun, Kao and Rao (not forgetting farang Man) is not the full story.

Forget e-booking, walk in the door, and if you not like the price, go to the next (half-empty) farang-looser-shed...........

Monger22
04-27-03, 00:08
My imput on hotels is internet is cheapest overall. However i now just show up an have had excellent prices. I ask for weekly rate not nightly an negotiate from there with a smile. Helps if you have stayed there an know the hotels. First time visitor might want to do internet>
Suggestion....Book your flight from tour desk of airline, this includes 2 nights at hotel an airport transfers. Use the 2 nights to go to a hotel of ur choice an negotiate a room rate an check the areas out. I sometimes book this way thru Thai Air Travel in LA.
Its cheaper than just calling Thai reservations an booking a flight.
Ohh an i always get free breakfast.
Any one stay at Crown on Soi 4 recently? That was always a cheap place to stay first couple nights till you strike a deal someplace else. An those mirrored beds.......Ill save that for another post.

Bkktg
04-27-03, 15:02
JohnnieBravo,

I stayed four nights at the Westin Grande - no problems with girls. I wouldn't say that they were particularly friendly but nobody cared. Will stay again next month - as said earlier it is nice and right next to Soi Cowboy.

The Traveler
04-28-03, 23:53
Philo :

Sorry, but you paid far to much. Saw the Tai Pan for 890 baht in december on the net. When I had been in BKK in march I went there and tried to bargain. My thai is fluent, but no way to get below 1000 baht. I also asked them about their guest policy. They told me, that if you book a double no joiner fee will be charged.

I think if you know the hotel, try to get a good deal over the net. Otherwise you will want to see the room first. Only way to get better rates than over the net is to be a long time guest and refer to old special rates.

PurpleNGold
04-29-03, 04:50
Anyone with advice for a place on Sukhumvit, that's girl friendly and doesn't require a credit card?

Bottler
04-29-03, 19:26
purplengold

Try the Royal Asia Lodge Soi 8 (at the end but there is a tuk tuk pick up)

www.royalasialodge.com

Very girlfriendly and no extra charge...quite tidy also!

The Traveler
04-29-03, 20:10
purplengold:

Almost all midrange hotels at suk are girl-friendly, otherwise they would be out of business.

Soi 8 Stable Lodge, Royal Asia 895b incl tax, The Promenade 1000b (sign in front of hotel), but I would just pay the old price 800b. All these hotels are a bit worn down, but still ok if you just expect basic rooms.

Opposite NEP, Nana hotel (real crap) or the famous Majestic Suite. Nice and clean (small) rooms. Prime location. See post two weeks ago.

Also Dynasty Inn and Manhattan are basic but ok and close to the action.

My advice if you like a bit quality, try Grand President (soi 11) or Royal president (soi 15). I had been at Royal President, nice suite with 42 sqm, beautiful huge bathroom, all marble, tub and a seperate shower with glass door. Sleeping/Living room with Kitchenette, vcr, radio/cassette/cd-player, internet connection. Price is about 2000b.

If you don't mind the distance or prefer soi cowboy over NEP, check Regency Park. Walk-in is about 2400 (without trying to bargain, just asked) but you can get it over the net for about 21-24 US. Nice and clean rooms.

Philo
04-29-03, 20:28
T_T

if you don't mind I just want to add that if you stay GP (around B 1400) you should not stay in the west building (kind of small flats in the building that houses the breakfast room (italian restaurant)). The 2 rooms I was given smelt like the BKK sewer ......

PurpleNGold
04-29-03, 20:29
Thanks for the info. Royal Asia looks nice.

Last time I stayed at Grand President and liked it, but it was almost twice as much and I certainly didn't use the extra space :)

The Traveler
04-30-03, 22:58
purplengold :

If you like soi cowboy, there is also a hotel directly at the entrance of soi cowboy at Asoke. I once stayed there over ten years ago so this info is a bit dated out and rooms might be worn down till today.
Came to bkk with a friend and was hanging around picking up girls but had no room. So my girl showed me this place which I had seen many times but never really recognized. Thought it might be very loud due to location, but no, rooms very also quite nice and clean. Aircon, minibar, cable-tv, tub, shower almost the same quality like Royal Asia or the Promenade, but only 600b.
Just check it out if you are there, it might be an opportunity for your next trip and prime location.

Just one more thing about the Royal Asia. They are girl-friendly, but some of the people at the reception insist on doing a copy of your guest id, some don't. This is for your own security, but I don't like that, especially when I know the girl or when she might be of a younger age. You never know if they might set you up for a few extra baht.
Also beware, all prices there are without 7% VAT and 10% service charge, they will add it afterwards.

At the Promenade they don't care at all about your guests. Rooms are of same quality or even slightly better. Would stay there instead. Tell them you have been there before and used to pay 800b. This is the old price and this is the going rate for old customers.

Have a nice time ...

Dinghy
05-04-03, 14:41
anybody suggest winging it and just finding a room uopn arrival (get in at midnite and by the time I get down to Nana region it's about 1 or so) Last trip stayed at Royal Asia and they are OK but not inexpensive (book off the web and you'll pay the 890 plus - worked aout to about 950/night with taxes and the like)

sounds like with the utter depression in visitors, prices are down significantly (for everything except poon, of course)

SexReview
05-04-03, 17:30
Originally posted by dinghy
anybody suggest winging it and just finding a room uopn arrival (get in at midnite and by the time I get down to Nana region it's about 1 or so) Last trip stayed at Royal Asia and they are OK but not inexpensive (book off the web and you'll pay the 890 plus - worked aout to about 950/night with taxes and the like)

sounds like with the utter depression in visitors, prices are down significantly (for everything except poon, of course)

Yes the number of travelers is way down but I would not recommend going to Bangkok at 1:00 AM without having a room booked. Even if you book the first night only, the last thing you want to be doing is looking around for a hotel at 1:00 after a long flight. Some hotels like the Nana will not even take walk ups even if they have rooms open. You may pay a few hundred baht more but if will be worth it.
Sexreview

Dinghy
05-05-03, 04:46
somebody (maybe Bangkok forum) suggested statying in a ST room for the night (maybe alone, whatever) as an alternative

Monger22
05-06-03, 02:30
Never had a problem showing up at midnight an getting a good room at a good rate. Especally in Bkk. Angeles id not do it but BKK yes. Never a worry.

MeatMan
05-06-03, 06:18
You guys got any tips on hotels on the wing...Names of hotels etc..thanx!

The Traveler
05-06-03, 20:26
MeatMan :

Just scroll down the other pages. Lots of info about bangkok hotels. If there is any info missing or you need anything specific feel free to ask.

Patch Adams
05-07-03, 00:36
Hello everyone,

I have been going to BKK for the past 6 years and have been staying in the Royal Asia, never had a problem getting a room on arrival, no matter what time I get there, infact this past march I got there about 10 am and they gave me a junior suite till a regular room became available that afternoon. IMHO you cant go wrong with RA.

Patch

WISteve
05-08-03, 12:55
Just back from Bangkok for my first visit and stayed for the 14 days at Majestic Suites on Suk. between Soi 4 and Soi 6. I was impressed with the cleanliness and efficiency of all involved. I rented a double for 1500 baht and found it well worth it. The first week they were fairly lax about the ladies coming in, but the last week asked for the id cards, which is probably a great idea in my book. One day they shorted me a towel and I mentioned it at the front as I was coming in the front door. I met the housekeeping lady in the hall on the eighth floor with towels in hand when I got up to my room! The hotel is located just 100 feet from the traffic police station on Suk Av /Soi 4 so it is VERY convenient for walking back from NEP and the TG's are facinated with the little electronic "key" they give you. Good security at the front door and the free American breakfast in the morning is great.

PurpleNGold
05-10-03, 07:29
Originally posted by The_Traveler
Also beware, all prices there are without 7% VAT and 10% service charge, they will add it afterwards.

Thanks for the info.

BTW, when I stayed at Grande President, they tried to hit me up with that 10% service charge. I was pretty pissed because I had already tipped the bell boy (who actually kept trying to hang around hoping for more), the cleaning lady, the room-service guy , etc... Anyway, I just politely, but firmly refused to pay it. I showed the manager my booking slip, pointed out that there was no mention of a 10% charge and let him know that I would be disputing it. They took it off my bill.

Moral of the story? Stand up for your rights. That charge is bullshit and we shouldn't be paying it in addition to tipping.

Fawn The Guyver
05-10-03, 18:30
A Friend told me he first stayed in TaiPan then in Menam River Side and and bouth hotels have got him with a girl and thay wanted a nice high charge.

berra
05-11-03, 11:10
A ver good lowbudget hotel are Crown Hotel about 150 m and left, from Nana/Rajah hotel. Clean room with air condition and
mirrors in the wall and roof. TV and bathroom. Doubleroom
600 bath and no problem with a girlfriend in the room. Five min
walk to Sukhumkvit road.

Humper
05-18-03, 08:57
Hi. I am off to LOS. I want to stay at a nice hotel, is Landmark good? Any recommendations for a high-end hotel. As I am flying in late at night, are there any good 4-5 star hotels that have discos for pick up? I am in BKK only for a day.

Dinghy
05-18-03, 21:11
Humper - for an easy place to read hotel reviews go to
freelancerbar<dot>com and find the "hotels" section. they have reviews, soem recent, some older but probably the type of info you seek (from what I remember, landmark was a nice hotel but I don't remember their guest policy) I tend to promote "Royal Asia Lodge" (google search will find their website) with the roughly 950B room rate (what I like most of all is that it's QUIET, even if it's a 500metre or so walk up soi 8 to Sukumvit) But just my 2 cents worth

Born in 1964
05-31-03, 16:15
Hi All,

Same question as Humper - Looking for detailed reviews of the Landmark - location looks good - is on a "girl friendly" list - but want it straight from the *****ses mouth!

Philo
05-31-03, 21:26
Landmark is GFly. And its fucking expencive. Stayed there high season: You can drag in whatever creature you like - she will be treated as a (low class) queen ....

By the way 64. You'll find no *****s here. Only gentlemen :D

Humper
06-01-03, 12:07
Hi... Just got back from Bangkok. The Landmark is a great hotel! I highly recommend it. Just stay away from the club floors. Service is great, food is excellent. They are Girl Friendly. BTW -- a great place to pick up high-end girls -- the HUNTSMEN PUB in the basement is open daily till 2AM. My plane landed at midnight, and was at the hotel by 12:30am. Checked in and went to eat at the coffee shop. Heard the live music from the Pub. Within 5 minutes was able to pick up a beaut! 3000 baht for all night!

Philo
06-01-03, 20:33
Are you married?

This is a strange and somewhat frightening tale:

www.stickmanbangkok.com/reader/reader286.html

Do any of you guys promoting Majestic Suites know if this story is plausible?

Joe Zop
06-02-03, 01:13
There are a million ways to get to personal information from what a hotel might tell you, really, and I wouldn't heavily blame the Majestic specifically for this. All it takes is some guy coming in, saying he'd spent time with this really nice guy by the name of so-and-so, and the guy accidentally left X or Y when he left, and he'd like to return it, or he told you, but you don't remember his home town. Once you've got the city and state it's not too hard to track someone down, or if you're halfway clever you can charm the whole address out of someone different at the hotel by coming in with the guy's name, city, and state. Presuming that some hotel flunky won't just give it to you in any event, which often happens.

I've gotten people's addresses and phone numbers from hotels all over the place -- it's really not that hard to do. Heck, given that people can charm out personal passwords and credit card numbers, why would be getting something as simple as an address be tough?

Skinless
06-02-03, 01:39
Philo: I hate to disagree. These women provide very basic services. They open their orificeds for $$. And many of them are cute and were nice homely girls before they first waddled out of the rice paddy. Guys fall in love with them, guys get very jealous over them and jealous guysdo odd things. They attract losers who cannot get a bonk in their own country and those losers get jeaous over their little Noks. But these little Noks have very poor IT skills and assholes like John Skinless crack their passwords and read what they are up to. (Gooid news: JS has the new BB One's password so he is still monitoring the emails between her and the Czech loser). Tapioca and I were monitoring the emails of a Nana Plaza babe who ws being stalked by a mad Brit who was blocking nayone else emailing her (he would block entire sites such as hotmail when JS would send emails to her). These guys can be dangerous, both to the Noks and to the Jocks who fock the Noks. Oh ye, and Stickman is a prickman. His articles are funny. Read the ones I quoted in the Korat section.

So, Philo: never give these babes any confidential info. They are there for us to enjoy. Nothing more.

SexReview
06-02-03, 08:31
Originally posted by philo
Are you married?

This is a strange and somewhat frightening tale:

www.stickmanbangkok.com/reader/reader286.html

Do any of you guys promoting Majestic Suites know if this story is plausible?

Guys the answer to this one is really simple. I know this will not be a popular view on the board but it is the truth. If you are married or trying to hide something you don’t belong in Thailand fucking around. If you don’t have a wife at home to answer to then you have no problems with what you do with these girls. You guys are the ones that married the girls in your home country in the first place. I have a few friends that tell me how they would love to divorce the wife but it will cost them half of the assets that they have. One married friend who is worth about 4 million dollars, and he hates his life because there is nothing between him and the wife. But he loves his money so he says “I don’t want to give my wife 2 million dollars to leave her”, well if he did he would have his freedom and the other 2 million left which is more than enough to play forever in Thailand. If anyone found out my information and tried to blackmail me it would end fast because I control my own left and don’t need to run around and hide.

Philo
06-02-03, 14:44
Well guys, I learn everyday .....

joe_zop: I'll remember what you say. Good to know if you fall out with somebody.

skinless: Got the point. Please remember that some of us loosers can get farang meat - we just don't want it anymore. Who wants to try to find your way into a 60-100 kg bottom when you can cover this LBFMs ass with your one hand....

SexReview: I agree. I dropped my european GF sep 02 because I had by then decided to go Thailand - and knew exactly what was going to happen. Have had 3 condom breakages in 6 months, dated at the Y 2 times and some 10 BBBJs. Sooner or later I am going to do BB fucking - Khao San Road or Mae Sai - I don't care....

And I wouldn't expose a wife to this risk.

By the way - your multidollar friend is even more stupid than the TGs and me :D

MeatMan
06-02-03, 17:45
The greatest myth ever to decive humanity is the myth of marriage.Yeah weve been all duped into beliveing that marriage is the end-all remedy to our loneliness.TO HELL WITH THAT!

Marriage=Imprisionment.You'll be begging to be castrated

Philo don't worry(that is if your single) You are endowed through your sound judgement.

STAY F-R-E-E,STAY S-I-N-G-L-E!

Will be in Bangkok in November/December.... FINALLY!

MEATMAN

Born in 1964
06-02-03, 23:06
Philo -

Thanks for the update on LMARK, just booked for 7/5. Any fellow mongers going to be in town around then? I'm there for 16 days of testing all the interesting and complex theories found on this board!

Bruce_Lee
06-03-03, 04:33
Me and a couple of friends are trying to find the best hotel deals between 3 different cities: Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya, any suggestions for decent hotels at reasonable prices?

Maximus #2
06-04-03, 10:50
hey guys,

can anyone tell me if there are any good st hotels close to nana? i've read somewhere that some of the st hotels have their own lineups of girls, but some are suspiciously ****. does anyone know if this is correct, and what st hotels should be avoided due to **** girls?

thanks, max

Philo
06-04-03, 18:10

You'll like it. Tell us the rate for 14+ days in low season ( dec 02 it was B 4000).

And do not forget the pub (se post below) that I never saw.....

Philo
06-04-03, 18:38
MeatMan

Don't you worry. I am single .......

Born in 1964
06-05-03, 04:09
Philo - Booked for 4 nights @ $90 per, including taxes, breakfast, service, upgrade to deluxe and airport pickup (clutch at the hours I'm going to get in)... After that - Am heading to Phuket & (?) for more hobby action, scuba & RR.

In Phuket - am staying at Patong Villa for 2k baht/night - 7 nights in a crazy suite. Also including all the same. They also assured me that there would be no "joiner" fees. Leaving the last few days open for either return to bkk or samui or ???. I know the hobbying is limited on samui - but if the weather sucks in phuket - it might be good in samui from my limited understanding of the way the monsoon works on the different sides of the mainland.

After all - going down on a TG and going down 120 feet are both way kewl. Now... both in the same day... twice... but hey - its vacation!

Now - I've got a six hour "lay" over in Tokyo - anyone know of any near-narita MP's??? ;)

Philo
06-06-03, 22:41
originally posted by maximus #2 hey guys, can anyone tell me if there are any good st hotels close to nana? i've read somewhere that some of the st hotels have their own lineups of girls, but some are suspiciously ****. does anyone know if this is correct, and what st hotels should be avoided due to **** girls? thanks, max

there's a sth off soi 3/soi nana. pass grace hotel and take the first (?, any nana girl will know...) soi to your right. decent deal: cheap beers, free toothbrushes and mirrors all over. paid b 400 from 2 am till 11 am.....

but all hotels close to nana allow hookers - and there are st-rooms in nep itself - so why bother?

Philo
06-06-03, 22:48
Enjoy yourself, 64....

Dinghy
06-07-03, 04:14
64 - as long as you don't go down 120 feet on a TG... ;-)

hmmm... there's a thought - going down on a TG at 120 ft.

lick lick, breathe lick breathe breathe. nothing like usng up your bottom time "down deep"...

Freeler
06-07-03, 08:41
Skinless,

'Good news: JS has the new BB One's password so he is still monitoring the emails between her and the Czech loser'

How? Did you just ask her for it?:)

Born in 1964
06-07-03, 15:47
Philo - saw on the other board that you are in LOS 1st part of July -- let me know if you want to get together for a beer.

LoveLOS
06-11-03, 06:53
Concocting my next scheme to get myself and no companions to the LOS:

Keeping in mind the local Thai's "opinion" of certain hotels, I obviously would not want to tell my Thai business associates nor my Thai daughter-in-law (Thankfully their apt is too tiny to invite me) that I was staying in a flophouse like the NANA...

Can I get away with the Majestic as a "business address" or should I opt for the Landmark for respectability. I would rather save the $$ for the ladies.

Thanks!
LoveLOS

Peterhk
06-13-03, 19:50
Hi to all WSG brothers in Thailand,
this is PeterHK usually posting on the Hong Kong board. All Hong Kong brothers greet you guys too !

We currently have got an incredible offer that some of us HongKong brothers are interested in. For just 4500 Baht, any Hong Kong'er can get 5 days holiday in Thailand, 2 nights Bangkok, 3 night Pattaya.

Included in the 4500 Baht are:

Flight ticket (HK-Bangkok-HK)
Hotels (3 x 3Star , 1x 4Star)
All foods (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
All bus transfers
Several entry tickets to shows

Isnt that incredible ? Don't ask me how they do it.

I need your help. Could anyone advise us HK brothers, which places are best for some hot action, especially regarding that we got nill experience on Thailand ? A small in-a-nutshell would be highly appreciated.

Welcome to HK too !!

Cheers,

PeterHK

Seydlitz
06-13-03, 21:04
LoveLOS,

frankly, most Thai people will assume that a single male Farang in Bangkok WILL enjoy pay-for-play with TGs anyway.

What your selection of hotel will convey is your relative rank on the pecking order of a very materialistic society: the more visibly expensive the better.

If you want to convey a good impression with your Thai business associates, pick an expensive hotel. If you impress them enough they might even take you to places where you will be able to enjoy the sex scene the Thai way.

In all cases, stay away from the Nana hotel. If you really want to stay in that area, JW Marriott is a good choice, and you should be able to get a deal there for 140 USD or so. And they are quite girl-friendly as well.

Phuquer
06-16-03, 14:33
LoveLOS,

You could stay at the Grand President Executive Serviced Apartments (actually a hotel) on Suk Soi 11. It is near the action, but just a little bit away as to retain respectability. Prices are not that high (1350baht as of Feb.), and quite a few farangs live there for months at a time. It is a very respectable and clean hotel, but it IS guest friendly, and action can be had at the massage parlor on the pool level, if you choose. It's my usual home base whenever I am in BKK. Enjoy.

LOS Traveller
06-17-03, 06:26
... and there are ST-rooms in NEP itself - so why bother? [/i]Has anyone actually ever used the ST-rooms at NEP? And where are they because I have never seen them.

And to Born in 1964:

In Phuket - am staying at Patong Villa for 2k baht/night - 7 nights in a crazy suite. Also including all the same. They also assured me that there would be no "joiner" fees. Keep us updated as to whether they take the girl's ID -- some Phuket hotels are REALLY obnoxious about taking the id and asking questions.

In Phuket, the bar girls like to play a game where each of you gets a nail and whoever can hit it into the wooden stump all the way in first wins -- chances are, the falangs lose every time. I've watched them send a 2" nail into a wood stump in three hits. Don't bet too much.

Jony Vegas
06-19-03, 23:15
Clarification needed please

Is the Grand President Hotel girl friendly or not? Also, I tried an internet booking and there is no availablity in any romm types thru August.

However, I came across another name hotel named President Park, at 95 Sukhumvit Soi 24. Is this near the action? Anyone know if this hotel and if they are girl friendly?

Thanks,
Vegas

Jony Vegas
06-19-03, 23:37
Hotel/Location question

Having never been to BKK. I see there are at least two main areas, Soi Cowboy and Nana. Is one location better than the other, and how far apart are the two areas? I am trying to decide where to book a hotel, and would like to stay in the area that is most convenient to the best action. Are there other areas better?

Are these areas close to or in the "downtown district"?

Also, I see some hotels have massage service onsite. Do all of these masseuses also provide more than a massage? It could be nice on a lazy day to head to the onsite masasge parlor for full sex.

Thanks,
Vegas

JuiceSpike
06-20-03, 00:03
J Vegas,

Grand President is very girl friendly. This hotel is on soi 11 which is in between Nana and Soi cowboy. It is a convenient location. Good staff and the rooms (executive studios) have a small couch, chair, refrigerator, microwave, tv, cd stereo, nice, cleam bathroom. If you want massage in your room call room service or got to the pool floor and there is a massage place there next to the gym.

About reservations:

To get the best deal don't use the internet. Call them, you spend a couple of dollars but you get a good deal and they will confirm your reservation via email. I just made my resrvation for 2 weeks and I arrive there on Monday. Rooms are available. The website is not updated very often.

To make reservations:

Call this number 66- 2- 651-1200. Ask for sales department. Ask for an executive studio room weekly rate. They will quote you around 12,500 for the week. Bargain. Tell them you can pay 10,000 bath a week and they will do it. I got mine for less than that but I have stayed there 4 times in the last year. When you arrive to a weekly rate make sure you tell them this is a net rate, no additional charges on top, and ask them to write this down on their confirmation email and show the email when you check in. They are a little tricky about how they do things but don't take it. Be nice but firm. They will respect you more. Also, check your bill very well at check out time. Once I had an ediot clerk try to charge me more and had the manager woken up (it was 3:30am) to have him come to the hotel to correct things. It was a funny scene because she did not want to wake up the manager but I insisted. He showed up pissed. Not at me. Ever since I get really good service.

There you go. Have fun. If you are new to Thailand: good luck.....

juice.

Joe Zop
06-20-03, 01:37
LOS Traveller -- the ST rooms in Nana are, if I remember correctly, on the top floor. Rooms are underwhelming, but you're not there for the ambience. It's been a couple of years since I used the place, so I my info may be out of date, but things don't tend to change all that much at ST places.

Jony Vegas -- you can walk between Nana and Soi Cowboy if you want to, so don't worry all that much about being at one or another, plus they're right next to consecutive subway stops, so it's only a couple of baht and a couple of minutes to get to one or the other if you don't want to hoof it. There's not a huge amount of difference in terms of the number of places in one or the other so again it's not really a big difference between the two. Nana's probably a bit more popular, with at times slightly higher quality women, as well as somewhat more expensive, but the difference isn't as great as it's been in the past. I tend to stay closer to Nana simply because you've also got things like the Biergarten, Eden, and Grace nearby, and Thermae's nominally closer. But it's no big deal one way or another.

The Sukhumvit area isn't really in the "downtown district" per se, as it's more on the eastern side of town, but it's pretty much the most heavily trafficked area for English speakers or tourists, especially for those who are dealing with the monger scene. Keep in mind that Bangkok's a huge sprawling mess, not a place you're simply going to walk around in from one place to another unless they're local -- you're going to be taking taxis to get to, say, the old city area to see the temples or other tourist spots, or use a combination of the BTS and taxis. The bottom line is basically that this is the best area to stay because the monger scene is one that primarily takes place at night, and you don't want to have to travel a long way if you've got a new companion with you. It's easier to fight the traffic for other things.

As far as hotel masseuses being full-service, some are and some aren't. Even in places where they aren't, some are, if you get my drift.

Jony Vegas
06-20-03, 18:50
Joe Zop & Juice:

Thank you very much for the info. I have been reading the Thailand posts for a while and you have very informative posts. Having never been there and having never seen the city layout, your information is invaluable.

I have been to 17 countries and know how improtant it is to get the "inside scoop" to be in the right place, negotiate the best deals, etc...so thank you ver much!!!

My favorite destination of late is Rio (where I post usually). However, I am very interested in experiencing a bit of asian quisine :)

Thanks Again,
Vegas

Taodan
06-20-03, 22:29
Gentlemen,
How much in Thai baht(s) is reasonable do you tip bellboy when he carries your luggage(s) to your room?

The Traveler
06-21-03, 20:53
taodan,

I usually give them 20 baht. If I have a lot of luggage and he has to carry it the whole way I give a bit more.

Jodomas
06-30-03, 14:46
Grand President- Girl friendly. I stayed there last May on a Topaz studio and after some negotiations through emails was quoted 1200 baths net a night cash payment. Rooms are ok but a bit wornout, however at this price was good value considering location when you compare it to the Ambassador next door. Another plus is the mirror closet doors next to the bed. Large electronic safes in every room.

The security gard at the entance will take the girl's ID and log it for your own safety. I personally like this. No problems with him asking the girls for money when they return for their ID like at the Ambassador. This guy is a character he stands firm on high salute every time you come in. I also like the fact that there is no lobby only a small sitting area in the building I stayed which is the one across the soi from the front desk. It is somewhat discret. At 2am you only see other mongers returning with their girls.

jodomas

hercules
07-03-03, 03:25
Going to BBK next week. Thinking of staying at the Stable Lodge. Anyone know if it is still girl friendly? How about the Jade Pavilion? I stayed at the Royal Asia last time, but didn't really like it.

Thanks for any info

Hercules

Zero Charisma
07-04-03, 05:36
Originally posted by hercules
Going to BBK next week. Thinking of staying at the Stable Lodge. Anyone know if it is still girl friendly? How about the Jade Pavilion? I liked the Jade Pavillion, but they will probably charge you an extra 250 Bht for bringing an unregistered guest to your room. I avoided this by making the reservation for two people. But on check in they wanted me to give the other guests name which was hard since I hadnt met her yet ;) They didnt make a problem out of it though. Its a bit far from Nana though, if thats where youre planning to hang out.

Stay away from the Ruamchitt Hotel though (above the Thermae cafe) since I brought a girl there for one hour one day and they wanted me to pay an extra 250 Bht when I checked out. When I refused to pay they stopped me leaving the hotel! Would have gotten ugly if I hadnt coughed up.

Jon50
07-04-03, 12:31
If you want a clean, quiet, inexpensive and girl friendly place to stay, check out the Federal Hotel on Soi 11. Most of the staff there have been working at this place for the last 25 years. It's not anything like the Nana and it doesn't need to be. It's got a great pool and a great resturant. The most conveinent hotel is the City Lodge on Soi 9 right on Sukumvit. It's in between Nana Plaza and Soi cowboy. There's so many fertile fields in that area just past the ambassador on the way to Soi Cowboy, it's wonderful. If you drink too much, it's just a short stumble back home. The only drawback is that this place is a little pricy at about 28 bucks a night but a very good value.

Enjoy!

SeattleGman
07-04-03, 21:09
I agree the mirror doors and side wall is a bonus. One of the girls I had really enjoyed watching the action.

Yes, the older gentleman guard (building 3) was a character saluting and all. He was cool with the girls. Glad to hear he didn't try to get money from the girls (I didn't know some guards do that).

I checked out the Nana Hotel and I wouldn't have stayed there. I thought it was too much of a dump, but I could see how some wouldn't mind. There is a lot of action around there, but heck -- there is action everywhere so it doesn't really matter.

Originally posted by jodomas
Grand President- Girl friendly. I stayed there last May on a Topaz studio and after some negotiations through emails was quoted 1200 baths net a night cash payment. Rooms are ok but a bit wornout, however at this price was good value considering location when you compare it to the Ambassador next door. Another plus is the mirror closet doors next to the bed. Large electronic safes in every room.

The security gard at the entance will take the girl's ID and log it for your own safety. I personally like this. No problems with him asking the girls for money when they return for their ID like at the Ambassador. This guy is a character he stands firm on high salute every time you come in. I also like the fact that there is no lobby only a small sitting area in the building I stayed which is the one across the soi from the front desk. It is somewhat discret. At 2am you only see other mongers returning with their girls.

jodomas

SeattleGman
07-04-03, 21:11
Traveler

What about restaurants? And other services like tour guides, cabs, etc. I was unclear on the Thai customs.

Originally posted by The_Traveler
taodan,

I usually give them 20 baht. If I have a lot of luggage and he has to carry it the whole way I give a bit more.

Jake II
07-05-03, 13:43
hello everybody,

i am a newbie at this. i just made air reservations for bangkok for sept. 19. first trip out of country. i haven't made hotel reservations yet. have been looking at websites and ran accross windsor suites. can annbody tell me or any expierences there? it says they have high speed internet hookups in room. any help would be much appreciated.

Jake II
07-05-03, 13:45
Forgot to ask if they're "girl friendly? Windsor Suites that is.

Chikan
07-05-03, 17:52
Hercules,
Stay away from the Stable Lodge. I stayed there last year in Sept.2002 and it wasb't good at all. First when I checked in, the guy behind the counter was very very CHEEKY and RUDE. Didn't seem to give a *hit about anything. I wasn't impressed with the room either, noisy and worn out.
I checked out the next day (ThankGod), and just wandered aimlessly down Suk. and found "The Parkway Inn" (I think it's very close to the Majestic Suites Hotel) which was cheaper, cleaner and quite comfortable! Good value there!
Just my 2 cents...have fun!

Duniawala
07-06-03, 12:55
Originally posted by Zero Charisma

Stay away from the Ruamchitt Hotel though (above the Thermae cafe) since I brought a girl there for one hour one day and they wanted me to pay an extra 250 Bht when I checked out. When I refused to pay they stopped me leaving the hotel! Would have gotten ugly if I hadnt coughed up.

That's a new one for me as I have stayed many times in that hotel and never had anyone ask me for extra whether it is one, two or three girls. They have a very laid back attitude. I even had the bell boy go get me a nice dish at 3 am one time when my flight came in late.

Anyone else heard about this? I will be there again in mid August.

Thai-1-on
07-07-03, 18:38
Reading about hotel experiences are interesting. Peoples opinions are different probably because what is important to each is different. I want a hotel that is clean, safe, decent food if I choose to eat there and guest friendly, for me and any guest I bring. Here are a few of my hotel experiences.

I've stayed at Majestic Suites, Grand President and the Ambassador and all have their qualities. Right now the Ambassador has a deal for 1100 baht with breakfast and the staff has always been great. Decent rooms, no hassle wanting extra towels or bringing anyone back to my room. No safe in room, but safety deposit boxes at front desk. One thing I like is no matter where you are in Bangkok, I have never had a taxi driver not know where the hotel was. Which has happened with the other 2.

Just my experience and I'm in BKK about 3 months a year.

DDW
07-07-03, 19:42
Hi all

I can strongly recommend the Amari boulevard. It's on Soi 5 near the heart of the action and is girl friendly. It's also a good 4* hotel. I paid in advance through a uk travel agent and paid £30GBP a night - expensive compared to some of the places you can get, but very comfortable and worth it in by book!

Marauder
07-07-03, 23:40
I just spent 5 weeks in Thailand. I spent about 10 days in Bangkok, and every time I stayed in the Royal Asian Lodge. Not because it was especially good, but because every time I came to BKK it was late and I didn’t feel like finding another one.

This Hotel is about 600 meters from Sukhumvit, so getting anywhere is a little time consuming. They have a free Tuk Tuk to the main road, but sometimes you will wait 20 minutes for it to come. It is on soi 8, so once you get to Sukhumvit, you are close to Nana station making it easy to get around that end of the city. Also you are 15 minute walk from Nana Plaza.

The rooms are decent, but a little dirty sometimes (not always) I did see spiders once. I stayed in 401, 402, and 403. 401 did not produce much hot water, I stayed here when I had very bad sun burn (just back from Koh Chang) and the cold water was annoying.

They do have a 9th story pool and Jacuzzi. I saw them but I did not use them, just looked. It has a nice view of the city on the 9th floor.

They have internet in the lobby. But it is horribly expensive and the computers are so slow, it is just about useless. It was 50 bhat for 15 minutes. But it is ok, if you take the Tuk Tuk to Sukhumvit, turn right, and walk about 20 meters (just past the barber shop) there is a very good (512 K ADSL) internet café with flat monitors, optical mice and laptop hookups for 1 bhat/minute (10 minute minimum) and from 5-8 pm it is .75 bhat/minute.

The front desk staff, restaurant staff, and tuk tuk drivers are very very nice, seriously top notch. The owner is friendly too, but very very pushy about selling you suits and shirts. They have a tailor shop, I let them make me 5 shirts for 100 US. He nickled and dimed me so much it ruined the experience. (He said $100, and charged my credit card 4300 bhat (should be like 4127). I asked for monograms, he said sure, for $10/shirt. Come on! I went down there carrying post cards, and he offered to mail them for me for 20 bhat each. (it costs 12 bhat at the post office). So I just don’t trust the guy.

In addition, they charge out the wazoo for telephone. They charge 3 bhat a minute to receive calls from anywhere, and I don’t know how much, but lots to talk to people in Bangkok on cell phones. On average my phone bill was over 150 bhat/night.

Oh, also when I checked out on my last day at 4:30 am their credit card reader was not working so I had to run to the ATM at 4:30 and make my taxi wait. Again minor irritation.

This hotel is ok. It is cheap (890/night) and it does the job. No problem with guests, they just copy their IDs. Very nice people and acceptable location redeem some points lost due to pushy clothing sales people and hidden costs. I give it a 6, but 3 of those points come from the nice staff. Next time I will find a different hotel.

1Ball
07-09-03, 15:01
Originally posted by Jake II
Forgot to ask if they're "girl friendly? Windsor Suites that is.

jake II.
i would suggest the Grand President over Windsor any day. they both are clean, have a seperate living room, and kitchen area, but Windsor is far from everything except cowboi. Windsor is on soi 21 or 22, president is on 11. President is right in the middle of things, and the food carts on soi 11 offer some great quick food. you can email the president directly at gpsales@presidentpark.com, and ask for a good deal, though i was there last week, and they are running at 90%, so deals might not be that good for a first timer.
good luck.

1ball

ps. GP is girl friendly, will take ID from the TG

Jake II
07-09-03, 23:06
Originally posted by 1ball
jake II.
i would suggest the Grand President over Windsor any day. they both are clean, have a seperate living room, and kitchen area, but Windsor is far from everything except cowboi. Windsor is on soi 21 or 22, president is on 11. President is right in the middle of things, and the food carts on soi 11 offer some great quick food. you can email the president directly at gpsales@presidentpark.com, and ask for a good deal, though i was there last week, and they are running at 90%, so deals might not be that good for a first timer.
good luck.

1ball

ps. GP is girl friendly, will take ID from the TG Hey, thanks for the suggestion but I've alreay made reservations at the Majestic. Maybe I'll try the GP next time. Windsor wanted 1000B per joiner. Too much since I am looking for some thresomes and maybe a foursome or two. (I'm such a pig) Anybody with tips on staying at the Majestic and the area in general would be welcome.

Zork
07-10-03, 03:05
Haven't seen my long-standing favourite mentioned in a while.
Sukhumvit Crown, in a small alley off Soi 8 (or taxi entrance from Soi 6).
800 baht, with aircon, working hot showers, cable TV. Rooms are not the newest but they have an old-time charm that I like (especially the bathrooms tiled in 60's style).
Quiet but very convenient location between Skytrain stop, Nana, Thermae and beer garden... Girl friendly, they keep girls' ID but no surcharge or questions asked.

Osakagin
07-10-03, 15:42
Hi everyone.

I have been looking forward to my next visit to the LOS and Bangkok and recently I have been checking out internet sites for some Bangkok hotel prices.

The cheapest 3 star hotels in the Sukhumvit area that look reasonable are the:

Ambassador $26

Park Hotel $30

Manhattan Hotel $25

Jade Pavilion $27

City Lodge Hotel $33

I was just wondering if I could get some kind of a guide as to

1. what these hotels are like??

2. which is the best value for $??

3. most importantly which of these hotels are "girl friendly" for bringing back overnight guests??

4. if there any other similar hotels that would be better value and receptive to overnight guests??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Osakagin

Slick Rick
07-12-03, 03:54
Osaka

Try Nana Hotel or Dynasty. They are across the street from each other. For around $28. I always stay at Nana hotel. Rooms are OK, but can't beat the location. 1 inute walk to skytrain, across the street from the major night life area Nana plaza. Have a very famous disco inside, good for late night pick up and 24 hr room service.

Jaimito Cartero
07-15-03, 04:18
Donny - Hey, read some messages, read the FAQ or General info section.

A message in almost EVERY section does not motivate someone to help you out.

Jaimito Cartero
07-15-03, 04:21
Osakagin,

Try Majestic Suites. I paid 1200 baht a night (including breakfast, taxes) for my stay in May. Get a Superior Room, and email Bob for a better price.

Nice room safe, okay breakfast, excellent service. Just around the corner from Nana too. I found it pleasing between Nana and the Soi Beergarten and independents on the street.

Tulan
07-15-03, 13:19
Hi,

From my friend told me, Baiyoke hotel is good too.

Tulan
07-15-03, 14:06
Hi

About 30-45 min journey by taxi from the airport. Pretty easy to find as it is located physically behind Caesar's. I came from the airport(north) so my taxi had to make a left turn at the junction of Hway Kwang and Ratchada. Din actually know where it was prior to arriving despite SC's directions cos din take down and had no access to net thereafter. Lucky for me, the taxi I was in was caught in a traffic jam at the said junction. Looking left and right, the taxi driver and me were looking around for the hotel... in the end, she (the taxi driver) managed to spot the hotel. All I saw was Poseidon on the right, Emmanuelle on the right. haha.

After reaching the hotel, though the tag on the registration counter says standard room 1200 bahts. After I had registered, the counter staff enquired, 600 or 700 bahts room? I was there for one night so I opted for the 600 baht option. The bellboy helped me to shift my stuff to the room. My room was near the swimming pool on the third floor.

After settling into the room, checked out the various switches and buttons in the room. TV with remote, got satellite tv channels with chinese shows, star movies, etc. Hmm, the only complaint I have is that the balcony door cannot be locked from the inside, only from the outside. Weird configuration, din bother to change rooms as too tired and lazy already and after surveying, the balcony is not exactly accessible from my neighbouring rooms.

Room size about 2 times a typical hotel 81 room. Price is about half of a hotel 81 room. Rooms quite dated and has a musky smell of an old aircon, but no big problems for me. Can't expect much from S$25.

Location is good for those into the MP scene. heh heh. Internet shop got one around the corner on the "main road", and another one which looks more like an internet shop on the main Ratchada road. One JJ minimart (24 hours I think) on the "main road" just around the corner on the right side with Chinese shopkeepers (who speaks Mandarin / Hainanese / Thai) and one "Boon Kee" Hainanese Chicken Rice across the road. Within 5 min walk is the Hway Kwang area where there are more choces for food and drinks. Got around three to four 7-11 outlets too.

Bed is good and firm. Good for bonking, but I was alone so no FR on that. Overall, not bad for 600 bahts. Oh yes, they accept VISA too, without surcharge

Hulk
07-18-03, 03:03
I've only been to Bangkok once and it was on business, so my time to monger was very limited. On that trip I stayed at the Shangri-La which seemed to be out of the way for anything interesting, but it was the hotel that my company's local office selected since it's close to our offices there.

I'm returning to Bangkok in a couple weeks for a 10-day mongering trip. I plan to stay at the Marriott as I've heard that it's guest-friendly. I know that I can get much cheaper hotels in the area, but I'd rather pay the extra $ to stay at a nice hotel.

My question is: are they still guest-friendly? I know that these higher-end hotels sometimes change their policies about overnight guests frequently.

SexReview
07-18-03, 07:11
Originally posted by Hulk
I've only been to Bangkok once and it was on business...
I'm returning to Bangkok in a couple weeks for a 10-day mongering trip. I plan to stay at the Marriott as I've heard that it's guest-friendly.
My question is: are they still guest-friendly? I know that these higher-end hotels sometimes change their policies about overnight guests frequently.

The JC Marriott is still guest friendly and a great hotel that is close to the action. You may also want to look at the Landmark Hotel which I think is a little better and also guest friendly.

The Traveler
07-18-03, 20:57
SeatlleGMan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
What about restaurants? And other services like tour guides, cabs, etc. I was unclear on the Thai customs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restaurants, depends what kind of and if you go alone or in a huge group. Also check if you already got charged a service charge like in most hotels. Usually up to 50 baht if service was ok, otherwise just the small change, for a huge group and long dinner even 100 up.

Tour guides, never used one, but assume for a whole day might be - depending on provided services - up to a few hundred baht (100 - 300)

Cabs, no tip or just small change, depending on how friendly he was, max 20 baht

Thai customs ? Why should you tip them ? Do you also tip every policeman you see ?

In most situations 20 - 50 baht should be appropriate.
Remember, tipping is not expected like in the US but welcomed.
If you try to tip upcountry, they sometimes won't even understand what you try to do, cause it's not common practice over up there.

DDW
07-18-03, 22:30
Hi Guys

I'm in BKK in September. I'm planning to stay at the Amari Boulevard on Soi 5. Does anyone know if this is girl friendly (I think it is) but do they charge extra if you bring a guest back? I have booked a double room for myself.

Thanks

D

Jock123
07-19-03, 10:16
Originally posted by DDW
Hi Guys

I'm in BKK in September. I'm planning to stay at the Amari Boulevard on Soi 5. Does anyone know if this is girl friendly (I think it is) but do they charge extra if you bring a guest back? I have booked a double room for myself.

Thanks

D

DDW. I stayed at the Amari Boulevard about four months ago, and they were certainly not girl friendly. I had a long and potentially embarrasing discussion with the security guards at 10pm before they would let me take a girl to my room. If I were you I would go elsewhere - it's not worth the hassle.

Jock

Member #1087
07-20-03, 02:16
Hi Guys

Has anyone booked any hotels with "sawadee" or "asiatravel" or can someone suggest a reliable hotel booking service. I tried booking through a travel agent, but the prices at these sites seem to be much lower than the travel agent. All the booking web sites need a credit card to book a room but I'm reluctant to give the credit information to unfamilliar sites out of North America.

Thanks

Orb

Don_aus_HH
07-22-03, 13:28
Hi #1087,

I have booked with www.asiatravel.com for 3 or 4 times during the last 5 years with no problems. Reliable service as far as concerning my bookings. They seem to have some of the best hotel prices available.

I just booked the D'MA Pavilion hotel for the third time, it's a 4* hotel at a VERY low price (I pay 1000 THB for a double room with breakfast) and in a nice location, but NOT too close to the action. But taxi prices are cheap and Nana, Patpong etc are only 5-10 minutes by taxi (50 THB ?)

The good thing about the D'MA was always that there was no question about the girls I brought with me. Hope this is still the same, last visit is 2-3 years ago

Have fun in BKK

Don

Duniawala
07-22-03, 14:53
Asiatravel is pretty good and reliable. go to www.asiatravel.com. You can book without CC but it takes a couple of days to get confirmation

Jaimito Cartero
07-22-03, 20:16
Asiatravel may tell you that there are no rooms available at a particular property, when there are.

The told me that Majestic Suites had no rooms, even though when I emailed directly they had plenty.

Q Bert
07-22-03, 22:07
Hear a lot about Majestic Suites on here. My question: can you check in at 1:30-2:00 am? My flight arrives at 11:30 pm! I want to throw my bags in a place, party, then head back to the airport for a 10:00am flight to Phuket the next day.

Never been in Asia either! I promise to post some nice photos if someone gives me a hand here!

Joe Zop
07-22-03, 23:14
Asiatravel may do what lots of other travel brokers do -- reserve blocks of rooms at substantial discount prices (and then have to pay for them whether they're full or not), so when they're gone, they're gone as far as the agent is concerned, even if there are still other open rooms at the hotel. Lots of times I've booked rooms at hotels after being told by various brokers they were no longer available -- sometimes at the same prices. On the other hand, I've also been told there are no rooms when I've called direct even though rooms are still available online, since the available rooms are part of such a pre-paid block.

I've booked through Asiatravel with absolutely no difficulties, but if you want to be at a particular hotel it's worth trying several approaches if one doesn't work.

MeatMan
07-22-03, 23:42
This may come as a dumb question guys and if it comes of as being that, I apoligize.

Are there any girl friendly hotels that have Internet hook-up for a lap-top? I want to bring one along on the trip..thanx!(ie. Dynasty Inn)

As always info is greatly appreciated

MEATMAN

Aussietoy
07-23-03, 12:34
Been a long time since my last post on the forum. Will be heading to Bangkok shortly and will be staying at a hotel called the Royal River Hotel in Bangplad,Bangkok.

I have done most of my hunting in the Phils and Singapore, which i love, but the Thai's also have the special little something bewteen their legs too. Is anyone familiar with the Royal River Hotel in terms of guest friendly?

I will be meeting a thai friend over there, but she is a really good catholic girl (maybe i should dress as a priest, ask her to commit some sins and then confess them to me). As she is likely to have to be home at a certain time each, i will be along way from melbourne and no doubt feeling in need of companionship for several hours each evening.

Standard practive in Phils or Singapore is just to bribe the bellboy, but i do always try to pay repect to local customs. any advice about this hotel will be appreciate by this shy, unassuming, horny, pussy eating aussie.
cheers

The aussietoy

Hoshirara
07-23-03, 15:14
Hi!

I hope you could advise about very cheap hotels in Bangkok, preferably in Sukhumvit Road, which are girlfriendly.

As I am still a student I don't have that very much money. I hope to find a place for less than 500 baht a nite. I only require a/c really. I'd really appreciate information about places.

Thank you

H

Jaimito Cartero
07-23-03, 20:53
I've been negotiating with the Grand President and Majestic Suites via email for my 25 night stay in Bangkok.

I believe I have the GP as low as they're going to go (7500 baht a week). This works out to be about 1071 baht a night. This is about 10-15% more than Majestic Suites, and I'm wondering if the room and service is worth the higher price.

No breakfast included, but taxes, tips, normal cleaning and such included.

The serviced apartments I've seen online are either more expensive, or too far from the area I like (Sukhumvit).

Boss Towers seems to be the most affordable (13,000 baht per month, I think), but does charge extra for water and electricity. Seems a little farther out of the main Sukhumvit area than I want.

Jake II
07-24-03, 01:17
Originally posted by MeatMan
This may come as a dumb question guys and if it comes of as being that, I apoligize.

Are there any girl friendly hotels that have Internet hook-up for a lap-top? I want to bring one along on the trip..thanx!(ie. Dynasty Inn)

As always info is greatly appreciated.

MEATMAN Hey MEATMAN, I have res. at the Majestic and Mr Pong tells me that if I bring my laptop, I can "hookup to the internet nicely" and there is no joiner fee so I "can bring in any cute girl nicely". He also said there is a business centre.