PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Patrick
05-25-04, 22:13
The Traveler,
thanks for the info, any ideas for a first time visitor to BK on where is a good place to stay somewhere 4 or 5 star? The forum has so many suggestions they leave you reeling!!

Cloud Seeker
05-25-04, 23:07
Jaimito and JackDaniels,

Thanks for the info, guys. I'll pick Amari/Landmark next time I am around.

Good to know.

The Traveler
05-26-04, 09:34
Patrick

if you really need a 4-5 star I would follow JackDaniels recommendation and stay at the Landmark. Ask for a room in the upper storeys, great view. Nice rooms, girl-friendly, convienient location, superb lobby (as a meeting point to hook up with other forum members or just to have a drink), good food at the restaurant, friendly staff.

1Ball
05-28-04, 23:23
JC, you seem to be the master at getting nice places for peanuts in BKK, via priceline. i have never had much luck. Could you do some of us a favor, and give us a step by step on how to get something like the Shangri-la, or similar for the outrageous prices you have quoted?

Anybody not interested, can skip his response.

Thank you

JackDaniels
05-29-04, 18:23
The Traveller is absolutely right - a high level floor will give you a nice view and the Bangkok city view at night is actually quite good.

I quite understand that not all have the means to stay at the Landmark/Amari Boulevard and hotels of that ilk. However, I look at the visit to Thailand as an entire package including flights etc. I do not want to waste time checking out of one hotel and into another as I had to do on the last occassion. All this eats into my holiday and pleasure time. Compared to other global destinations and holidays, the extra that I would pay for these hotels (over say the President Solitaire) is not really that much. I am only able to travel a couple of times a year and I really want to have an enjoyable time. For this I am prepared to pay another $200 or so for the week in BKK for the extra comfort/convenience.

Have fun.

Jaimito Cartero
05-29-04, 18:54
I agree that a nice room can make your stay much more comfortable. When I came back from Chiang Mai on Wednesday morning, I stopped at the hotel to leave my things there. It was a little after 10:30am, and I didn't think they'd have a room yet. When I left there was a big FedEx conference going on, like rats scurrying around the Titanic.

I get there, and a manager asks me to take a seat for a minute. They ask when I'm checking out (4:30am), and then come back in a couple of minutes. They give me a room on the 22nd floor, and it's a couple of notches better than the nice one I had the first 8 nights I was there. I think it's usually a $75 upgrade to get this room.

Here's a picture from the 16th floor of my first room. You have a partial river view, when you're at the window.

Jaimito Cartero
05-29-04, 19:00
Here's a picture of the standard upgraded room. I'll upload the super deluxe room if anyone is interested.

Knobrm
06-01-04, 14:26
I am planning to spend a long weekend in BKK and was wondering should I stay in GP royal suite in tower 1/2, or try President Solitaire instead. Usually stayed in topaz suite of GP.
Any comments from those who have tried both

knob

Lance Manion
06-02-04, 01:44
Hi All:

Thanks for all the useful info. I travel for the first time to BKK in late August. Since I'm using frequent flyer miles, I've decided to splurge on my lodgings. Several people have mentioned The Oriental as the best hotel in the city. Several questions:

1. Is it in a convenient locale for hobbying?
2. Girl friendly?
3. Worth the dollars (approx. $175 USD/night)

Other options include The Landmark or Amari. I know from the boards that both are girl-friendly and in the center of the action. Can anyone give a definitive recommendation. Looking for a decent size pool and health club also, American TV networks (I would like to keep tabs on the Republican convention since my work involves some politics). Also thought of the suites at the President but some recent posts seem to state that its not a great place.

Lastly, some have had great luck with Priceline getting the Shareton or Westin. Any intel on these hotels and whether they allow guest w/no charge.

Again, thanks for all the information.

Lance

FreakFunk
06-03-04, 00:10
Hiya,

Has anyone ever stayed in the Bangkok Asia? I picked it because of the metro station connected to the hotel?

What about Seaview hotel in Phuket?

Tough Love
06-03-04, 05:02
Knobrm,

I stayed at both on my last trip which is about 3 weeks ago ( sigh ! I miss BKK !!). I had also written a FR about these two hotels ( actually they are S.A.'s - serviced apartment ) President Solitaire is the " top of the line " for the group that owns all the " President..." S.A.'s. I definitely will choose to go back to Solitaire instead of the other 3. ( I had stayed in all of them : President Park, Royal President, Grand President ). Comparing similar size rooms ( 1 bedroom suites in all ), I will rank them as follows : 1. P.S. 2. P.P. 3. R.P. and 4. G.P. But ironically, GP has the best location in my opinion. Why they don't make GP their showcase #1, high end , I will never understand. Only thing about P.S., if you like nice lobby, then look elsewhere because it's actually quite gaudy in my view.

Jimmy Red Cab
06-03-04, 07:56
For all you fans of Majestic Suites, they now have new room safes where you enter a four digit code, no more carrying the key around.

Focus Four
06-03-04, 08:55
To All,

Just returned from my vacation at LOS, as mentioned before, I stay at Swiss Part, soi 11, the hotel is consider o.k. at its price range (990b/night including BF through internet booking), but they do charge on girl whom you bring back to hotel (400b) and the girl got to register at the reception counter. Just a few minute walk, you will reach the famous soi 7 Beer garden, and if you are not happy with the girl quality there, you may walk another 3 minutes to soi 5, there is a pub with at least 10 pool table and crowded with pretty chick. Do have a wonderful time during my stay.

Thanks for all brother out there who provide so many useful informations for newbies to pay LOS a first visit.

Giotto
06-03-04, 12:35
Lance Manion,

The Orientals Bangkok is considered to be one of the best hotels of the world. If you pay US $ 175 there it must already be a special rate.

Expect that you can take girls there for sure, but it will be quite unusual if you do. This is a hotel for VIPs, old English style - and the service is extraordinary. You can also expect that if you take girls there, that somebody will of the hotel management will talk to you and tell you that this was not a really good idea...

If you mention landmark or Amari in this context you really compare a Mercedes with a Fiat. That hotel is in a different world. Better select J.W.Mariotts, Sheraton of The Westin (all in Sukhumvit, close to the action) then.

Giotto

Firedick
06-03-04, 16:44
FF,

Your pic is of the Asia Bangkok, not the Asia Airport. Two different hotels, careful when you book.

FD

The Traveler
06-03-04, 19:16
Lance Manion

1. no
2. no
3. yes, great location at the river, nice rooms and superb service. Used to be one of the 10 best hotels in the world for several years.

Close to it is a pier where you can rent a boat for a nice tour through the klongs.

I recommend Landmark over Amari.

Westin is not girlfrendly as far as I know and Sheraton is. Maybe someone else might confirm that.

Giotto
06-03-04, 20:29
The Traveler,

Westin is girl friendly.

Giotto

Michi
06-03-04, 22:07
Just a non monger question in between: Does anybody know a wireless lan access hotel in BKK? If it is combined with agirlfriendly place like Sheraton or MAriott it would be fine. In the mongering area would be best!!!
Hope someone can help,
Mike

Harry Cari
06-04-04, 12:22
Does anyone have information on dropinn hotel

Size of room

Decent bathroom

Distance to Sukhumvit

Lance Manion
06-06-04, 16:35
Traveler and others,

Thanks for the feedback. Guess the Oriental is out. The concensus is that Landmark, Westin and Sheraton all could meet my needs. Also still intrigued by the Grand President which I guess are more like executive apartments. Would this be preferable to hotel? The kitchen etc. seems like it could be convenient, but does it have a good health club and pool?

Also does anyone haver suggestions for places to visit during a 10-day trip. My thought is BKK then one of the beaches (Phuket or Pattya - but which is best for relaxation and ladies?) then Ankor Wat then back to BKK. Is this logical or doable? Any suggestions.

Again, thanks for all the helpful advise. Feel free to contact me if you need info on the Washington, DC area.

Lance

J Lee
06-07-04, 02:08
Hi,

Does anyone know some information regarding Zenith Sukhumvit Hotel? The address is as follows:

Zenith Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok
29/117 4th Fl. Sukhumvit Soi 3 (Nana-Nua)
Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110

The price is relatively cheap (39 USD) but I want to know if it's convienent in regards to the skytrain and girl friendly? Thanks for the input.

Jim

Adjarn
06-07-04, 12:25
Lance,

10 days is enough to do BKK and one of the beaches. You could easily spend 10 days in only one of the places you mentioned. IMO, Phuket is a lot better than Pattaya for several reasons which will probably be debated in the forum. 1) only 1 hour away by plane, 2) lower prices on women, and almost everything else, 3) excellent beaches, the best in Thailand, 4) many many things to do besides the beaches and the babes, some of the nation's best golf/scuba, etc 5) many close excursions, like Phi Phi island, 6) cleaner, healthier environment 7) Less pollution 8) BGs in Pattaya know all of the scams and will try to milk you out of your money. 9) Phuket is less crowded.
IMO, Phuket also has better looking women, and since most won't try to scam you, you are more likely to enjoy your experience. I know others will debate this. There is a different type of woman who goes to Phuket vs. Pattaya.

Adjarn

Cloud Seeker
06-07-04, 15:02
Lance Manion,

GP is great value (I had a room for US$39/night) and very girl friendly, but rather shoddy (see my earlier reports, late May). If you are staying short term (which you seem to be), fork out extra dough and stay at Landmark (which I will certainly do next time).

It's your vacation and how often do you go on vacation? It's worth to spend an extra US$80 a night for the extra comfort as the place where you stay will contribute to a positive (or negative) experience.

If you are interested in trips, I suggest a one day trip to Ayuthaya (ancient capital of Sukhotai Kingdom). It starts around 7 a.m. or so and ends at 16:00. You go to Ayuthaya on a tour bus (and visit such beautiful places as Bang Pa In on the way to) and come back on a three-hour cruise on Chao Phraya, complete with a great buffett. I paid US$45 for the trip. I think it's organized by Viator/Sun River Cruises or smth along those lines. Let me know if you need any further details, I can try and get details from my travel agent. I personally loved the trip.

Hope this helps,

Cloudy

The Traveler
06-07-04, 19:33
Adjarn

"... 2) lower prices on women, and almost everything else ..."

Pattaya is a definately cheaper than Phuket regarding girls and hotels. Sure you will find all extremes (cheap and expensive) at both places, but in average Pattaya is cheaper. No doubt about it.

Freeler
06-07-04, 21:32
Adjarn,

"There is a different type of woman who goes to Phuket vs. Pattaya."

True!
Women with friends or sisters in Phuket go to Phuket, those with friends or sisters in HuaHin go to HuaHin and - do you see this one coming? - those with friends or sisters in Pattaya go to Pattaya:).

Dutch Boy
06-07-04, 22:31
Any idea's for the not so wealty younger travelers (c'est moi) who still want a little bit of comfort, but are not in the state 2 spend 75 bucks a night. And also don't want to sleep in a rat invested shithole!

JackDaniels
06-07-04, 23:08
Giotto, if we are talking cars, could we say that:

The Oriental is a Rolls Royce or Bentley
The Shangri La is a high end Mercedes
The Landmark is a mid level Mercedes
The Amari is a mid level BMW
The Grand President is a Ford
The Nana Hotel is a Trabant
The Khao San Road places are tuk-tuk's

Duckman
06-08-04, 05:59
J Lee,

The Zenith is near Bamrungrat Hospital and not too far from Nana Plaza. It's probably about a 5 minute walk to Nana Plaza and just a little more to the Ploenchit BTS station. I'm not sure if it's girl friendly though.

Joe Zop
06-08-04, 17:12
Dutch Boy, there are a million decent places in Bangkok for between twenty and thirty bucks a night, many mentioned in this thread. Just read back through and keep in mind that 1000baht is about twenty-five bucks.

Adjarn
06-08-04, 17:42
Feeler,

Excellent point about where the girls come from. Most of the girls who work at the same bar usually come from the same place or near by.

In my experience, I've also found that a lot of the girls in Pattaya have also worked in many other places. In that, I mean that Pattaya is also a place where the more experienced girls end up, rather than start. In Pattaya, they all say "I'm new" or "I've only been working at the bar for a few days" in perfect English and wearing a ton of gold, but everytime I'm out on the prowl in Phuket I meet at least a few girls who are really just off the bus and can't speak a word of English. ( I know a lot of guys might not enjoy spending time with someone they can't speak with, but I can speak enough Thai to make the time very enjoyable). Total GFE, if that's what you're looking for.

Like I said in the original post, it can all be debated because we all have different tastes and comfort levels. I think we can also all agree that there is always something for everyone waiting in the LOS.

Gladiator
06-08-04, 23:21
Adjarn,

You can't compare Phuket with Pattaya, unless your top priority is a clean beach rather than sex. Pussy-wise Pattaya beats Phuket in every sense.

A couple of years ago I went to Phuket after having spent some time in Pattaya: I was about to suffer a depression when I got there. Yes, the beach was nicer (though nothing to write home about), but the sexual scene was tiny in comparison with Pattaya's vast sex universe.

As has been clarified before everything is more expensive in Phuket, including the girls -you can still get chicks there for THB 1k per LT as in Pattaya but there are also quite a few of overpriced TG's, asking for Bangkok prices.

It is much easier to find a fresh girl in Pattaya than in Phuket. Most of the chicks I hunt in Pattaya are in the 18-21 yo range, many of them with little or no English language skills at all, new to the trade.

What I did see in Patong were a lot of cockroaches, the bloody bastards were all over the place: in the beer bars, on the streets, etc. Some times when I walked along Bangla Rd I spotted tens of them in just a few metres, it was disgusting.

SexReview
06-08-04, 23:23
Adjarn posted " In that, I mean that Pattaya is also a place where the more experienced girls end up, rather than start."

I must disagree with this one, of all the major tourist places in Thailand that I've traveled too, Pattaya has the most girls right out of the country. And no they do not speak English, maybe a few words but Thai is the Language of choice. Which is not a problem since my Thai is very good. When I'm in Pattaya I always have girls that I know turning me onto the fresh girls in the city. Many times they are only a few hours off the bus.

But you really must speak Thai if you want to have a shot with them. Too many guys coming to Thailand are just too lazy and will not learn even basic Thai. And if that is the case you will very rarely get these fresh ones. If you want them learn not only to speak Thai but to read and write as well it is an investment that will pay off many times over.

Sexreview

Adjarn
06-10-04, 18:01
I'm happy to see a friendly debate over where is the best place to find the best p***y in the LOS. I knew it would happen. At least we can all agree that the LOS is one of the best places in the world to find beautiful women.

I think I was originally responding to Lance's post about which might be the best place for women and beaches. I wasn't that impressed with the beach at Pattaya. Jomtien is better, and you can always head out to Koh Samet or Chiang. Besides golf, what else would you guys recommend doing in Pattaya, besides mongering?

I can say that Phuket has awesome beaches, depending on what time of year you go there. Patong beach isn't the best of them by far, it's just where a lot of the bars are. So, if anyone went to Phuket and only stayed in Patong, you really missed out on what else is offered. Not to mention, all of the prices in Patong beach are 2 or 3 times higher than other places on the island for just about everything.

Back to the debate, I too prefer the company of younger hotter women (18-22) and can also speak a fair amount of Thai. In all of my experiences in Pattaya, most of the girls were asking $1000-1500 ST -$2500 LT and +, plus $500-600 bar fine. Looking through the thread, many guys are paying more than this. In Phuket, I've only seen these prices in the GoGo bars, and have never seen a bar fine over $500, even at Rock Hard. All of the open air bars are $1000 LT plus 300-400 bar fine.

I admit openly that I live in Phuket and only go to Pattaya 1-2 times a year, so maybe I just don't know the scene as well as others. So, having said that, perhaps some of you guys can let us know where to go to find great quality women at cheaper prices? "Inquire minds want to know."

Gladiator,

Sorry to hear about your roach experience. I strongly blieve that it's much better to be smoking them vs. hurdling them.

Adjarn

Bill
06-12-04, 23:10
Adding my 2 centz.

In my experience, Pattaya has a shiitload of freshies off the country province bus. Not as many in the capital city. As they gain knowledge and english speaking skills, the prettier ones realize they can make more money in Bangkok or Phuket, so they give it a try and leave with some other bar girl who is in the know.

It seems that after 1000's of fukks, drinks and pills later, these jaded and haggard women long for a slower and laid back pace that places like Pattaya offer. As well as the fact that they no longer can score big bucks nightly like the younger, more nubile girls that are constantly in rotation in Bkk.

Torn between wellwater, and broke-dick country thai men or making moves on a lonely pension receiving falang, they make their decision.

Pattaya is known for its sheer number of old and gray retired expats looking for a cheap relaxed, oceanside community. These geezers tend to gravitate to a stable, mature woman to go through the daily paces of life with.

Beach road freelancers are an obvious mix of before and after.

Lance Manion
06-14-04, 00:49
Hi All:

Again, thank you all for the valuable information. Looks like Pattaya is the better place for hobbying and Phuket for the beaches. Hate to say this, but I'll probably head to Pattaya - I can always go to the beaches in Florida!

Cloudy, thanks for the suggestion. Looks like I'll go for the Landmark, but where to stay in Pattaya? I'll post on that board, but thought some of you amy have suggestions for an upscale girl friendly venue.

Also, Cloudy thanks for the info on the day trip to Ayuthaya. Sounds great, but no thoughts on Angor Wat? I'll brush up on the Cambodian boards, but was wondering if anyone has done this from BKK or Pattaya.

Lastly, any suggestions for tailors or restaurants? Also, are there any good books about Thai history and culture (not necessarily guidebooks).

Please let me know if I can return the favor if you need info on the Washington, DC area.

Lance

PS - Adjarn to live in Phuket and visit Pattaya - what a life if those are your choices (and I agree with your thoughts about roaches).

Member #3346
06-15-04, 03:58
Where is the best place to monger near the Peninsula? I'm looking for a MP to go for a couple hours while my GF is in the spa. I don't think I would have enough time to get down to Poseidon or Darlings, bust a couple nuts then get back.

LukeSkyWanker
06-16-04, 21:08
Hi guys,
Luke skywanker and her indoors will be arriving Bangkok July 11th I am looking for suggestions on a good hotel clean, not too girl friendly and cheapish (I am with the missus) up to 2500bht is a reasonable figure. I will probably stay 3-4 nights then off to Phuket or Samui or some other beach type resort which is not to expensive. Greatful for suggestions..........

Lance, regarding Pattaya hotels Dynasty inn soi13 is good just done 5 days there 990bht a night also on soi 13 Sandy springs looks good they said they would match 990 when I asked 4 weeks ago. Flippers/Eastinys on soi 8 are ok but very noisy Lek hotel did a great buffet breakfast fo 99bht til 13:00hrs everyday.

May the force be with you.

Firedick
06-16-04, 21:45
Luke,

I asked a similar question a few months ago (bringing family). I got a lot of good info from the guys. Thanks again dudes ! My favorite of the group was Joe Zop's suggestion of the Asia Hotel (Bangkok not airport). I checked it out but did not stay there. Will do with family. It had an upscale/non girlfriendly feel. It also has it's own BTS Skytrain access. Right at the Ratchathewi stop of the Suk line.

For sight seeing with the missus, pick up a Nancy Chandler map of Bangkok. It's got all the "touristy" stuff on it you need.

Good luck.

FD

Sam007
06-23-04, 05:10
Does anyone know if the President Solitaire is a friendly hotel with working girls? I will be there the end of August on R & R from Iraq. Any input on what to do would be appreciated.

Firedick
06-23-04, 08:11
Sam007,

Since anyone coming from Iraq deserves a break, heres a post I found doing a quick "Forum Search" (on the left).

By JimHart69, posted 5/03/04.

If you want to stay in the Sukmitvit area, the best hotel in my book is President Solitaire on Soi 11. It is a 8 minute walk from Sukmitvit or they do have a stuttle, this is the only negtive. If I am staying in Bangkok any more then a few days this is where I stay. Girl friendly, Large rooms, great pool area, quiet, 42 inch T.V.s in all the room. This place is great, check out there site. Internet address: http://www.presidentsolitaire.com/hotels/presidentsolitaire/default.asp

You can find a hell of a lot of info if you search and read. And you'll prevent someone who's having a bad day flaming you with "RTFF" (check terms and abbreviations above), which is, actually, good advise.

Good luck, good trip.

FD

Jaimito Cartero
06-23-04, 08:12
Sam, if you do a search, you'll find more info on GF hotels. The Solitare is GF. It's a little out of the way from Sukhumvit and Nana, but I think they have a shuttle to Sukhumvit.

If I had to recommend a place closer to the action with great service, I'd say check out Majestic Suites. Get their medium or large rooms though. Worth the extra money compared to their standard. It's a medium sized hotel, so they book up early. I think you can email one of their managers at bob@majesticsuites.com

Jaimito Cartero
06-23-04, 08:16
Wanker-If you want to impress the missus, you could probably get the Shangri-La by the river for $70 US per night. Sign up for the frequent visitor plan, and you get an upgraded room. I think everyone gets a huge breakfast buffet included too. I th ink these rooms are usually in the $150 per night range, so a good deal.

With the Golden Circle free membership you also get a free fruit bowl every day, newpaper, etc. And you get to take the cute little Shangri-La slippers home with you if you desire.

It's fairly close to the Skytrain station, and they have a Tuk-Tuk to take you there. I can give you some tips on booking by Priceline if you want. Just PM me.

Jimmy Red Cab
06-23-04, 12:04
Sam007,

I have just returned from Bangkok and as usual stayed at the Majestic Suites, I find this hotel ideal because of the location. If you have a room at the back of the building you can actually see the bars of Nana Plaza, if you are at the front you can see the Sky Train go past your window (it is silent by the way). I normally go for the double superior room @ 1500 baht. All rooms have a personal safe, TV, mini-bar at sensible prices and you will not have a problem taking your newly found friend back to your room. Booking is essential as this hotel is very popular. Check out their site at www.majesticsuites.com

Phuquer
06-23-04, 17:00
I am compiling a list of girl friendly hotels to be posted in the Thailand FAQ. We all know about the President Group Apartments, Nana Hotel, Majestic Suites, Landmark, etc. Please PM me with any other hotels you may have stayed in so that I can put it on the list. The format I need is as follows:
Name of hotel,
Address or general area of the hotel,
Price you paid,
Month and Year you stayed there,
Girl Friendly or not,
Contact info if you have it (Website, email, or phone number of the hotel),
and any comments you would like to make (good or bad) about the establishment.
I am doing this to try to help all the board members get basic information about accomodations (such as prices and phone numbers) without digging through the forum. If they need additional info, such as reviews and opinions, they can search the forum. Maybe this might help get info to the new members (I am sure they are a great bunch of guys and don't want to annoy us, they just want help) and also help the veteran posters by saving us from all the RTFF posts, the replies they get, and the flame wars that sometimes gets started. I will post this message in the Bangkok and Pattaya Hotels sections, also. Sorry for the cross posting, but I think this is relevant, and I would like to get the maximum number of responses. Thanks.

Stinky
06-24-04, 20:52
First off, I'm sure you're already aware of this, but don't stay at the ambassador. I was newby, I was desperate, I didn't know any better. First night I stayed in the cheap wing for 1100. There was no joiner fee, but the room was a shithole. Second time I stayed in the tower for 1600. Better room (still a shithole), with a decent view. The problem is, all the fucking cowboys hang out by the elevator at nite and they tried to demand 600 baht joiner fee from me. I was waisted and told them to fuck off, at which point my ***** got pissed off at me and kicked me in the ass and left. After all the commosion, the guy just said fine, no pay, no pay, but the ***** was long gone. I wanted to wring his fucking neck. And there was a cockroach in the the room so fuck that place. The service sucks, the halls are infested with cowboys and pirates trying to suck money out of you, the restaurant sucks, and the place is generally a giant shithole. Like I said before, you probably all know this.

I then moved to the Royal Benja and EUREKA. Its a the end of soi 5, I'm sure you all know about it. I must say, that if you can afford luxury, stay at the Sheraton or whatever, those places are beyond comarison. But if you're looking for a bargain, I recommend this place. I walked in sweating like a caucasian, and I was instantly treated by all like a white god. I asked the chick at the desk, how much for a room and she said the rack rate was 3000, but she would give me a special deal of 2000 (all bullshit of course), but I was tired and didnt care. I asked if I could see a room so she took me upstairs. She kept saying that she was giving me a good and deal and I asked sarcastically if that was becuase I was special. After that she got kind of flirtatious and send she would put me on "nice room on top floor."

When we got down to the lobby I jokingly asked if I could stay for two nights for 2100 and she said "oh, I don't know, I don't know." She wrote down her cell number on the back of some paper and looked at me and said I should call her for "whatever" and she would see what she could do.

She called me in my room about five minutes later and told me she could give me a deal but she couldn't talk about it over the phone so I would have to come down. I thought this was more bullshit but whatever. She told me that she would write down that I was with the Siemans telephone company so I could stay there for a special rate of 1400 a night. I said ok I'll stay for five nights at that price. She gave me five free drink coupons for the bar and then tried to engage me in conversation about my hair and everything for as long as she could. When I finally broke away she reminded me to call her number if I wanted "anthing." As I went up in the lift, I began to wonder if there was even a difference between a ***** and a normal girl in bangkok, but whatever.

Incidentally, on the back of the paper that she wrote her name on was a list of the other guests staying at the hotel along with the prices they were paying. Two guests were staying for 1100 although the rest were much higher than mine - up to 3000 baht. I've checked on travel sites and the best I can find is 1300, so I figured for just walking in off the street I got a good price.

The rooms? Fantastic. Like I said before, if you want luxury, pay more and stay at the Sheraton etc. If you want budget price but tons of space, huge bathroom (HUGE), gigantic room with a king size bed and queen sized bed, sofa, no bugs, proper sattelite TV, and all that shit - this is the place. I was on the top floor31st) so there was a huge panoramic view of the entire ***** strip which I found to be ultra-cool.

Anyway, I called her back on her cell and went and fucked her at her hotel. I didn't pay her so I figured in fact she wasnt a *****. My green eyes, youth, and hairy chest seem to be great assets in bangkok.

It was cool to shag the receptionist of the hotel, but I also found that I had to avoid her for the rest of my stay, because I like to bring home a new ***** everynight.

Is the place ***** friendly? Hell yes.

Every night I would walk in super pissed with some tart on my arm and I was treated like a king. No bullshit whatsoever. "This way sir, have a good night."

What really impressed me about this hotel was on my last night. On my way to the airport, my passport fell out of my suitcase into the trunk of the taxi cab. He was already gone; I was completely fucked.

So what did I do?

I called my trustry hotel receptionist and informed her of my problem. She shen tracked down this taxi guy on his cb and told him to return to the airport. She said that if he didnt get back in time for my flight, she would have my passport delivered to her hotel and at which point (mindnite) she would come in her car and pick me up and take me home with her.

I ask you guys: the Royal Benja isnt a five star hotel, but what kind of a fucking hotel treats you like this?

If you want a large clean hotel on Soy 5 which is completely ***** friendly and with gigantic rooms with a view, this is the place.

My only complaints are that the bacon at breakfast (which is included in the price) was a little disgusting, and I didn't get to fuck the entire receptionist staff.

Next time, I'm in Bangkok, at the Royal Benja I will stay.

P.S. I won't be giving the name of the receptionist because she's mine. I also have a fondness for one of the waitresses at bush gardens, but she too will remain unamed.

I have to say that Bangkok is completely backwards. You pay the girls peanuts, you have to kick them out of your room the next day at supper time or else they won't leave, and they cry when its time to go. For anyboyd who's ever mongored anywhere else, bangkok is like the fucking twilight zone.

Lh895
06-25-04, 20:32
OK fellas here is are my choices:

Bangkok Inn or Landmark

Can someonne give me the pros and cons for these two?

LH895

The Traveler
06-25-04, 20:57
Stinky

three years ago the Royal Benja WASN'T girl friendly. They charged 600 baht joiner fee. So when did you stay there ?

BTW, the service provided for you in your story was more a personal thing than in any way related to the hotel.
I had a similiar experience at a serviced appartment. The sales manager (a young, cute and tall thai chinese) approached me - Tap, Seydlitz, do you remember ? - and I invited her to a fancy restaurant and afterwards shagged her, or better she shagged me, at her appartment. Sad, a couple of weeks later she left and went to Australia to do her MBA.
Seydlitz, thanks again for pointing out to the restaurant. :)

The Traveler
06-25-04, 21:17
lh895

a few weeks ago there were several posts regarding the Landmark. Can't comment on the Bangkok Inn.

Seydlitz
06-25-04, 22:13
Traveller,

yes, I remember that lady vividly. She showed me a junior suite at the serviced appartment place. She was indeed classy. And she did mention going abroad for studying. Her English was surprisingly good, BTW.

The restaurant was the Spice Market at The Regent Bangkok . A great place for a romantic evening with a nice lady.

The restaurant is a bit on the pricey side, though, and a place in which the run-of-the-mill Issaan BG that most mongers consort with in LOS would feel rather out of place.

I wish I too could have the opportunity to link up with somewhat more sophisticated Thai ladies, if only to enjoy nice evenings in fine restaurants, but with no Thai language skills and limited time in LOS, one's options are indeed mostly limited to BGs.

Those are fun too, though....

Terry Terrier
06-25-04, 22:20
Good report Stinky

Just one question though. What is a 'white god'?

Stinky
06-26-04, 13:56
I seem to have gotten a few PM's about the Royal Benja so I'll just respond to them here.

FIRST: about the guy who said there was a joiner fee of 600, perhaps there was. But I was there at the end of May and there was no fee. One night, I even called a girl that I had pulled from a previous night because I was too hung over to go out. The doorman brought her up to my room and there was no fee whatsoever. Just a smile. I mean, one time I picked a girl up who had a car and we just rolled right up into the entrance, parked, strutted through the lobby with a couple bottles of wine, got my key, and it was just smiles, smiles, smiles.

Frankly, I don't get the deal behind joiner fees anyway. Its like going to Colorado with the hotel AND the ski resort charging you to go skiing, or going to Rome and having the hotel AND the church charging you to see the Sistine Chapel. What the fuck did they they think you're in Bangkok for? To see that gay elephant building?

You pay the hotel for the room, and you pay the girl for the shagging. End of story. Seriously, I hate those smug bastards that hang out around the elevators at nite looking for cash - fucking cowboys. If you ever get stuck, demand a receipt. Then watch the smiles melt from their faces.

Ha ha ha ha ha... it just occured to me that the joiner fee is only twelve euros, but whatever.

SECOND: What is a "white god?" Well... I know that every white guy in Bangkok has a glimmering dollar sign above his head as far as the locals are concerned, so that accounts for alot of the "courteous" treatment. Nonetheless, what is commonplace in southern Ireland seems to be quite exotic to Southeast Asians. They were quite obsessed with stearing into my green eyes for long periods of time (cat eyes as they called them) and burrying their faces in my chest and inhaling deeply (don't ask, I didn't). If you were suggesting that there was some kind of racist connotation to what I said then... ugh... I can't be bothered to get into such a banal conversation.

THIRD: The HOTEL. I must repeat that this was my first stay in Bangkok, so I'm no expert. I stayed at the:

AMBASSADOR - (shit)

FOUR WINGS - (shit, far away)

ROYAL PRESIDENT - (pretty good, no joiner fee, you can bargain the price down, superior tv channels, great service, large rooms, bit expensive, MARBLE(granite) FLOORS - I really like this; you never know what is living in a Bangkok hotel room carpet).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

ROYAL BENJA - Look, I can fully appreciate what that guy said below about the treatment from this receptionist having nothing to do the hotel itself. So, if you're all expecting to show up in the lobby with your wee wee's hanging out and expecting free blowjobs, its not going to happen. Nonetheless, I enjoyed my good fortune immensely. How cool is it to fuck the hotel receptionist? Also, God bless the veterans, but I'm 25 and fit so its fair to say that the girls might be slightly more friendly with me.

I REPEAT: the Royal Benja is not a luxury hotel; it is not a new hotel. Nonetheless, it is a clean and semi-tasteful hotel with a reasonable breakfast buffet, large rooms/bathrooms, and relaxed atmosphere, great view, and perfect location.

I didnt check out the pool, but I wasn't there to swim.

Also, if you book this place over one of those travel sites on the net, you can find if for about 1000 - 1400 a night including breakfast. I strongly recommend you request a room on a high floor, facing sukhumvit road. I'm pretty sure that most of the rooms are roughly the same quality, but if you end up with a shitty one, ask to change.

I guess you all know this, but if you walk in off the street, ask to see a room first. This way they'll show you their nicest room, and that is what you will get.

CARPETS - They have these synthetic, easy to clean carpets. Not a bug in site. I hate bugs.

FREE TOOTHBRUSHES (Toothbrushes!) - If you end up with one of the numerous hot-but-stinky gals, you can indulge in a little pre-coital oral hygene with them. Right on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the hotel website, its got a map:

http://www.royalbenja.th.com/

P.S. If you book this hotel and find that you're disappointed, my apologies. Majestic Suites seems to have a good rep, but good luck getting a room unless you book well in advance.

English Dan
07-07-04, 20:36
Hi

Is anyone aware of an inexpensive short time hotel near the airport? SOmething that is within ten minutes for 400 baht for a few hours?

Thanks

Hank

Native Humper
07-09-04, 06:16
There is a short time motel in the airport. I have stayed there many times.

Global Citizen
07-10-04, 03:56
Hi All,

Just arrived in BKK and checked into the President Solitaire hotel - this is an all suites hotel and located on Sukhumvit Soi 11 off the beaten path. Very quiet, elegant and fantastic rooms !

I arrived at 2am and they were out of the small suites (that I had booked) so they upgraded me 2 levels to this HUGE suite.

All rooms have 42 inch plasma TV, broadband internet connection, and a kitchenette !

The price, if you book directly with the hotel through the internet is 2,700 Baht.

All in all very good value - not sure if guest friendly yet but will check that out tonight.

GC

Lord Farquard
07-10-04, 12:18
Their sister property, the Grand President, IS "guest friendly". I just came back and stayed there 4 nights, 2400B for a grand suite, close to both the Nana and the Cowboy, I would stay there again.

SB Lumens
07-11-04, 04:12
Hello,

I'm staying at the Grand President (as I write this). Is GF. I booked a double (same price as single I think), in a 50m3 Executive Suite. Really nice living area, kitchenette, and large bedroom WITH SAFE.

TGF is sleeping away in the bedroom. Security brought her up last night! Seems like they do check ID which is fine.

GP is on Soi 11, just up from the Nana BTS. Really a good location, with a 7-11 just about 200m down soi.

Walking past Ambassador makes me glad to be in GP!

Producer
07-15-04, 15:47
I plan to stay at the Emporium Suites (same as shopping mall Emporium) next August, they have offered me THB 3630.- net per night, double occupancy. Has anybody stayed there and could share his experience regarding GF policy, quality of apartment and breakfast? I know the price appears to be at the higher end when compared to other serviced apartments but the location and view should make up for it, in particular during rainy season. Thanks in advance for your comments that I highly appreciate.

Producer

Duniawala
07-15-04, 21:03
Producer wrote:

" I know the price appears to be at the higher end when compared to other serviced apartments but the location and view should make up for it, in particular during rainy season. Thanks in advance for your comments that I highly appreciate."

Depends on what views are you looking for?

English Dan
07-16-04, 05:33
Native Humper

Thanks for ur post but I dont need the short term hotel in the airport as it is for my arrival and not departure. I need a place for a couple of hours to get cleaned up before my gf arrives and we head down to Pattaya.

Again, I ask: Does anyone know a short term hotel near the airport in the 400 bth range or less. Dont want to go all the way in to BK.

Thanks Hank

Gigi04
07-16-04, 11:49
President Solitaire hotel, bottom of soi 11

As mentioned below.

Very good hotel, 2700 BT, guest friendly, was quiet last week but now fully boooked .

Must be all the recommendations from wsgforum.com

The Traveler
07-16-04, 18:31
Hank Stram

I know that there are a few cheaper hotels in the Rangsit area, but can't point at a certain one.

Another way to get cleaned up before your GF arrives would be if you go to the massage above the departure level, get an oily, take a shower afterwards, change clothes and meet her at Pizza Hut opposite that massage. Instead of spending the money solely for the hotel and taxi, you can rest and also get a massage.

1Ball
07-16-04, 19:15
Hank Stram,

there is a hotel which rents rooms in 3 hour blocks. Problem is, I can't remember the name, but it is 5 minutes at the most out of the airport, on the way into town, on the left hand side. They have a shuttle, and I know you can inquire about it at the hotel res. kiosk right outside of customs.

Come to think of it, I beleive the Amari also has rooms for a few hours, but the price will be higher. Sorry i can't be more helpful.

Gzono
07-17-04, 14:51
Hi crew,

Re hotels: Ambassador is shit-old rooms and got busted three times bringing back my girls one at 10.00 am !-demanded extra 600. However, I worked it out. If you bring back a licensed girl ie from a bar then its OK if you bring back a street chick you get a No No. I encountered the guy who refused her entry after she left and he said she was a lady boy-shit I had to apologise profusely, so I went out and dragged another from the beer garden and it was fine.

PS On the way home I read an article about AIDS in Asia. Guys we should be more careful-even BJs can score at worst AIDS and at best a STD. A Doctor in Singapore tells me it's really bad-eg Bangkok and places like Batam who service shipping crews from around the world-apparently these guys are bad news for diseases.

Uncle Al
07-17-04, 18:05
Hi,

Which area is best to stay in Bangcock?

Thanks.

Sukhumvit
Riverside - Silom
Siam Square

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization throughout the text. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no capital lettering. Thanks!

LittleBigMan
07-19-04, 02:05
Has anyone information for the Marriort Resort and Spa, is this resort girlfriendly?

LBM

GettingTang
07-19-04, 02:18
Marriot,
Nice location for mongering, that's about it. Not girl friendly, overpriced, probably a potential terrorist target with it being a US hotel, some rooms are outdated.
TANG~!

LittleBigMan
07-19-04, 21:34
GettingTang,
Thanks, cross that off the list!
LBM

1Ball
07-19-04, 22:15
Paperposter,

Personally, i have found the best area to stay in Bangkok is right at the airport, that way, you don't have to worry about taking taxis, worrying about traffic, etc. It is also very convenient when it is time to leave.

You might find some other useful information if you look up the following

http://www.wsgforum.com/vforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1029

RCA Knight
07-21-04, 18:46
My uncle was in Bangkok to visit me for 4 days and I looked around for a hotel to book him. A friend told me a new place just opened called Meritus Suites on Silom road. So I went there to check it out.

The room was very super nice and the view was astounding. I booked here for my uncle and requested a high floor. Each room has living room. The view is even better when you get a nice babe together. Imagine you open up all the curtain on a very high floor and see the river and the glitering lights of Bangkok night while you are working on your girl.

The rate was about 5000 bahts incl. everything, it is much more worth than rooms at Marriott or Hyatt or these river side hotels or these Sathorn expensive hotels like Sukothai or Bayan Tree which are total rip off . I stayed Byan Tree once when my mom visited me last year and you paid 2 times more than Meritus for the same thing only they give you a free bull shit massahe at Banyan Tree. I think Meritus Hotel is a very good value. Make sure you know the location because it is too new many taxi drivers do not know it yet.

Diggler17
07-22-04, 04:00
Hello all,

I'm taking my first trip to Thailand the last two weeks of Oct.
I was hoping for some input from some members about a few hotels that I have narrowed down.

Imperial Impala
Park Hotel
Royal Benja
Regency Hotel

My big concerns are girl friendly, A/C, decent showers, maybe some breakfast. Any feedback would be GREAT! I'm counting down the days.

Dig17

Member #2065
07-22-04, 15:47
Any forum member ever stay at Palloza Hotel or Siam Beverly Hotel at Ratchada? What are your comment about them? Are both of the hotels are girl friendly and no joiner fee charge?

Any nice bar or karaoke around Ratchada area that can recommend?

Looking forward for some reply.

Timber Tree
07-22-04, 19:09
Planning to go to BKK, and it is your first time there.

As soon as you arrive from the BKK airport, just go outside a get a taxi. If you have the address of your hotel, I suggest the you print it out and hand it over to the Taxi driver. It should not cost you more 300 - 400 BT if it is in Bangkok.

OK now for the hotel.

If you are in a budget, try Royal Asia Lodge, they have a free Tuk-Tul service 24hrs and it is a about 2 block away from Nana and the bars. I've always noticed that they clean the room very late in the afternoon.

Or you can also try Nana Hotel, you are practically in the center, pick up a girl, or go to a bar.

Food, if you are feeling adventurous you can always try the local cuisine.

I've seen posting that the room that they want a room with a kitchen and living room, almost all the amenities of home. But if you are in a short period of time, I'd prefer to just stick to basics.

And me personally, I just want a clean room under 1200BT, and girl friendly.

Another suggestion when travelling get a unlocked cell phone. You should be able to use it all over Asia. And buy a lcoal SIM card when you get there. This should make your travel a lot easier and smoother.

LittleBigMan
07-22-04, 19:39
Diggler17,

Go back on this forum! Concerning the Royal Benja see Sticky posting on 6/24, go back further and you might find the answer to the rest of your questions.
LBM

Havana Moon
07-22-04, 20:26
RCA Knight.

5000Bt!? No, thank you. I have other interests where to put my bath in.

The Traveler
07-22-04, 21:14
Diggler

Regency Park is girl-friendly, nice rooms, good breakfast buffet, in room safe (small).
Royal Benja used to charge a joiner fee 2 yrs ago, but another member reported that this not the case any more. Rooms are nice, bathrooms too, and big.

BuffyRules
07-23-04, 00:20
Hi,

Are the Westin(s) and/or Sheraton girl friendly?

BR

Firedick
07-23-04, 03:20
Diggler,

I only know (of the four you listed) the Park. Great location, but a tiny pool and the rooms are on the "rough" side. In desperate need of a remodel.

FD

SB Lumens
07-23-04, 08:34
I can give a high recommendation to the Majestic Suites which is just around the corner from Soi 4 and NEP.

Very impressive in that they remember your name, and no problem with TGF or freelancer. Very helpful staff.

However, ask for a room on a higher floor. The cell phone reception on the 2nd floor was scheisse.

SB

SirHumpsaLott
07-24-04, 11:29
Does anyone here have any info on the Penthouse Pattaya Thailand Hotel?

Night Spotting
07-25-04, 06:38
A bit of a newbie question that I couldn't find an answer for in the past couple pages.

Do I need to book a reservation for a double/twin room if I plan to have company or is a single ok?

Thanks much.

Dinghy
07-25-04, 09:34
humpy - go into the search section and look for "Penthouse" and "Pattaya". Several posts about penthouse there. (Some others might encourage me to write "RTFF" - but it's easier to just tell you where to look - since it is in PATTAYA and PATTAYA HOTELS - but the hotel section is relatively "new" so there are more posts in the Pattaya section - dating back a couple of years at least)

The Traveler
07-25-04, 18:09
sirhumpsalott

Have a look at their website

http://www.penthousehotel.com/

Aardvark
07-25-04, 18:45
Please not the Penthouse is in Pattaya, not Bangkok.

I have stayed at the Penthouse Hotel five times. The first two times they were great. Apart from the bugs that is. The last three times they did not treat me so well.

On my third stay when I checked in I went up to my room and found out I had been downgraded in room class. When I went down to the desk and asked what was going on I was lied to. Only when I pulled out copies of the emails the woman in charge of the front desk admit that they had put me in a lower room class. After a lot of discussion they agreed to move me to the correct class of room the next morning.

On my fourth stay the same thing happened, but at least they told me at the desk as I checked in (but only because I asked) and they promised that it would not happen again.

On my fifth stay (November 2003) the same as the fourth, except that they did not know when they would have a premier room available for me. The owner (I believe he is Australian) was sitting off in the brunch area and I had a short chat with him about the situation. He agreed that they would upgrade my room for the first night. We shook hands on this agreement and he walked back to the front desk. He talked to the woman running the front desk in Thai and then it was back to the same thing. When I asked for a taxi and was taking my bags out the door with the woman yelling at me that I had not paid them for the taxi from the airport (they had my credit card number and faxed signature on a form authorizing them to charge it to my credit card) that they came up with check into this room and we will move you this evening.

You can't beat the location. Their prices are reasonable. Their bar has good pool playing and decent girls. Their breakfasts are good. Unless you are right over the bar the rooms are quiet. However, the bugs have gotten worse every year. I used to recommend them to everyone, now I recommend that you stay elsewhere.

I now stay at the Residence Gardens, the location isn't as good, but all of the rooms are mini suites, there is a pool and they have room safes. The restaurant is much better.

Aardvark
07-25-04, 18:50
I forgot to tell you. If you book the Residence Gardens through http://www.pattayapages.com you can get booked for 1350 baht per night.

GettingTang
07-25-04, 20:01
Majestic Suites, is a great place to stay, smaller, personal hotel, but there is no pool here. It is located very nicely in the center of all the action.

TANG~!

QxGuy
07-25-04, 21:59
Are the Westin(s) and/or Sheraton girl friendly?

Yes.

The Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is very friendly. No problems and when you walk in off of the street using the Riva's entrance you bypass the lobby upstairs.

If you have made a wise choice in women, the elevator guy will give you his approval with a thumbs up as the doors close.

qxguy

1Ball
07-27-04, 02:24
Hank Stram, you were looking for a hotel near the airport a week ago.

I came accross this , thought it might help

http://www.travelideas.net/thailand.hotels/bangkok-airport.html

Big Ears
07-27-04, 05:03
Take care at the Penthouse Hotel in Pattaya.

It is 100% dedicated to providing facilities for fucking, which is great, but it is also 100% dedicated to getting the punter to spend money.

All around the rooms there are little gifts for you to buy at highly inflated (aka US Hotel Mini-Bar) prices. That's not an issue if you keep your hands off but with the wrong girl it can get real expensive.

Jimmy Red Cab
07-27-04, 08:18
Night Spotting,

The thing you have to remember is that not all hotels are "girl friendly"---that is not to say they wont let you take a girl to your room but they will charge a fee---even if you have booked into a double room. This is a scam to get more money out of you so make sure you stay in a girl friendly hotel such as the majestic suites on Sukhumvit Rd. A single room will not be that much cheaper than a double.

B Billy
07-27-04, 09:55
Going to be in BKK and Phuket for the next 10 days...Any members want to meet up and go cruising in either area PM me. Dont know BKK very well so looking for someone that knows all the good places. Been in Chaing mai and not too impresses, maybe I just dont know where to look.

Night Spotting
07-28-04, 10:34
Thanks Jimmy,

I booked a single deluxe at Majestic and I suppose if there's any problems I can try renegotiate my reservations. Maybe make a stink about it and see if they'll cave but I've heard that's not the best course of action in Thailand.

Harry Cari
07-28-04, 16:01
Anyone had an experience at Drop Inn Hotel, Bangkok?

Big Nana
07-28-04, 17:36
Hi guys,

I'm heading to BKK 8/13. Is Presidentsolitaure sill gf? How far from Nana is it located? Are there any other hotels with similiar ratings, pool, club near or closer to Nana?

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization and punctuation. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no caps or punctuation. Thanks!

Coreolis
07-28-04, 20:09
Dear all,

I am going to thailand for a job interview and will have to select the hotel in which I have to stay on my own.

I will be reimbursed by the co. I am goign to be interviewed by.

I need advice about some things.

1) I dont want to be in a hotel which is too famous for mongering

2) Since they have left it to me to select a hotel but have not specified any price limit, I am in a bit of a quandry as to where should I draw the line at in terms of price. So that they dont feel ripped off. I mean in terms of reasonableness.

3) is it common practice in thailand to let subjects choose their own place of accomodation or this is an odd one out. Because this is a very big thai co. I am talking about.

4) Last is if there are any guidelines I should follow in the interview (any tips like how humble should i behave and stuff like that) am a little looped out. Any tips on salary negotiation will be welcome (I belong to the IT field and posses a masters in the same my designation will be something like project co-ordinator on the management side of business)

5) I have read the previous posts but am not being able to make a decision since my context is a little diffrent from the usual requirements of brothers coming to thailand hence this explicit request for info regarding hotels.

Thank You in advance all of you who repsond.

Thank you so much all of you.

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to remove the forced hard returns in the text.

For those of you who may not be familiar with this concept, a "hard return" is created when you press the "enter" key while typing, thus artificially shortening the length of the text by forcing it to begin on the next line. Hard returns are also caused by some word processing and email programs.

More preferable would be a "soft return" wherein the text is allowed to continue automatically on the next line when it reaches the right side of the screen thus automatically adjusting to the varying width of each viewer's screen.

If your reports are being composed in a word processing or email program that is artificially inserting hard returns in the text, then please consider composing your Forum reports in another program or in the Forum's "Add New Report" window.

To avoid delays in future reports, please consider composing your report in the Forum or in a word processing program that does not insert hard returns in the text. Thanks!

Harry Cari
07-28-04, 20:31
Could someone tell me distance from Admiral Suites to Sukhumvit. Meters or blocks would be ok.

Thanks

SB Lumens
07-28-04, 22:34
NS,

I would avoid making a stink at the Majestic. They are so kind and helpful there, we wouldn't want to spoil this fine small place!

I just returned from there, but had a double. Might have been same price as single? Try www.asia-hotels.com for good rate.

One other thing, if they give you a room on 2nd floor, ask for one higher up. The cell phone reception is pretty poor at low elevations!

Jimmy Red Cab
07-29-04, 03:01
Night Spotting,

You will not have a problem at the Majestic Suites even if you have booked a single room, they are VERY girl friendly. Good choice of hotel, excellent location.

Rhino Tusk
07-29-04, 18:41
Coreolis,

I would recommend you use Priceline and book a 5 star hotel at a very reasonable cost. I stayed at Shangri-La on my last trip, one of the best hotels in town and 5 minutes from BTS station, for a bid of $55 USD (+ tax). They even included breakfast, great views of the river, and they are guest friendly.

English Dan
07-29-04, 20:16
Harri,

I stayed at Admiral! It is just past Jade Pavillion. My guess is its a good 1 km or a little over a half mile walk to Sukumivt on Soi 22. But soi 22 is a great road to walk on with alot of pubs, Karaoke places, massage places and internet and laundry shops even. Also, just outside Admiral you can catch the motorcycle taxis. They will take you to emporium metro stop for about 20 baht or so.

Hope this helps.

Hank

Cloud Seeker
08-01-04, 16:45
AVOID ATLANTA HOTEL

Folks,

Just a warning here (more for newbies):

I was perusing through the 2003 Lonely Planet (10th edition) that profiled some of the hotels on Sukhumvit and here is one hotel that is totally not guest-friendly: Atlanta.

I am quoting Lonely Planet verbatim:

"The Atlanta is the only hotel in the neighbourhood that openly forbids sex tourists." (p.184)

Just thought this might be useful to someone who is completely new to the forum.

Cloudy

Cloud Seeker
08-01-04, 16:55
P.S.

To follow up on my previous report, Atlanta hotel is also uber-cheap, so it's probably quite dumpy, and I don't think that fellow members on this board will want to stay there anyway.

Still, if anyone is looking for ultra-cheap lodging, AVOID Atlanta at all costs (see my previous post).

Cloudy

Member #2330
08-02-04, 06:51
Does anyone have any information on these 5 BKK hotels located on Ratchadaphisek Rd (I've searched the various threads for past info, but no hits):

1. The Grand Hotel

2. Chaophya Park Hotel

3. Emerald Hotel

4. The Merchant Court Hotel

5. Fortune Hotel

My friend in BKK recommended these since they are near where I'll be spending most of my days, but said nothing about whether they're GF or not.

Thanks in advance.

Winzheng

Chris H
08-03-04, 17:00
Member2330, If you are willing to stay in a different area, you can't go wrong with Majestic Suites. IMHO

Kojack
08-05-04, 23:40
anybody have experience on St. James hotel at Sukhumvit soi 26 ?

Big Ears
08-06-04, 01:59
St James has too many twin bed rooms for my liking - stayed there once, booked "large bed" but got two singles - complained .... "sorry all gone".

Kens14
08-06-04, 08:55
I stayed at The Somerset, Sukhumvit Soi 15. A great little hotel that I can't recommend too strongly. I paid 1,800BHt / night for double occupancy. Very comfortable, clean and quiet.

I had absolutely no problems at all bringing 'friends' back. The staff were courteous and discrete. However, the best thing about the hotel was the in-room massage service, which you can get through room service !

I dialled this up - 1,200BHT for 1hr, 1,800Bht for 2 hrs. I choose 2 hrs and a lady called 'nee' turns up. She was 28 (or so she said) and really nice, I'd give her a 7, but I do like those mid 20's-30's ladies. I opt for the oil massage and immediately it was totally clear that this was not 'run of the mill'. She asks me to underess totally and get on the bed. She is wearing a little black minidress - skirt well above the knee.

Anyway, she gets down to business & relaxes me - gives me a really nice oil massage for an hour. However, I've been doing my telegraph pole impression for an hour, so then she asks me if I want special massage. Silly question or what ! She quotes 5,000Bht on top of the 1,800Bht. I laugh at her and tell her to just give me the rest of the massage. Anyway, I manage to get her down to a price of 2,500Bht all in (special massage and oil massage).

As soon as we get down to business she's doing the whole moaning and yelping bit - "you too big", "slow down, me Thai lady" etc etc. I'm holding back (I do have good control in these matters). So for about 20 minutes I slam her and she just makes out that it's splitting her in half. Then she starts saying "I want you come inside now", this just 'stiffens' my resolve to last. I did her for about 50 mins in the end - she looked pretty cheesed off at the end.

The Somerset: In-room massage service, at the end of a phone for small money before you've even got out of bed in the morning ! - what a way to start the day in Bangkok!!

I checked out a site

Andix
08-06-04, 22:38
Does anybody know how to get a good deal for a room at Landmark hotel on Sukhumvit road ? I plan on trying out this hotel on my next visit.
Anybody had a recent experience here ? I cannot seem to find anywhere a good deal here. Prices seem to start at 100 US dollars plus tax and Vrt.

I would appreciate your response. You can also PM me.

Thanks,
Andix

Tilaceer
08-06-04, 22:45
Member 2330,

Stayed in the Grand a few years back. Nice Hotel, about 2700 baht from memory. Friendly girls working in Lobby Bar. I was there on a work conference, and the hotel did frown on guests bringing ladies back indiscreetly.

JackDaniels
08-06-04, 23:37
Landmark rarely does deals. Last time I was in BKK I tried again but no luck. However, across the road is Amari Boulevard which I thought was quite good provided you stay in the refurbished wing - the rooms there are also about $100. I thought the location was actually better than the Landmark.

Scotty Monger
08-07-04, 05:43
i am currently doing some research for my upcoming trip to thailand, and thought i would post some links that i have found to be useful. most of this information will be old news to thailand veterans, but i thought it might be useful to first-time travelers to the los. the links provided in this post in no way represent all of the available and/or useful links for hotel accommodations in bangkok.

the first list contains sites that are useful for doing broad searches & comparisons between the various hotels. again, these do not represent all of the possible links, just ones i found useful. in addition, most of these sites contain reviews and ratings from past lodgers, for what they are worth.

bangkok hotel links

1) http://www.asiahotels.com/ i used this site to book my double superior room at majestic suites for 1,275b ($32) all in per night, versus the 1,500b ($37.5) “rack rate” published on the majestic hotel site. you can get the smaller single studio for 960b ($24) on this site. the rack rate is 1,165b ($29). i did contact bob at majestic suites directly at bob@majesticsuites.com to inquire about weekly rates, and he quoted prices similar to the asiahotels.com rates. also, this hotel is 100% guest friendly, regardless of whether you book a single or double room. they may make the girl leave her id at the desk, for security reasons.

2) http://www.bangkok-hotelpro.com/

3) http://bangkok-hotelguide.com/

4) http://www.bangkok.hot-travel.org/

5) http://www.bangkokhoteltravel.com/

6) http://www.farangs.com/

this second list contains sites for some specific hotels in and around the nana plaza-to-soi cowboy area, which is loosely called “the sukhumvit road farang ghetto”. i have a map of this area that i could post for your reference, but i'm not sure this is allowed due to copyright issues. again, these do not represent all of the possible or even preferred hotels in this area of bangkok. i am not personally recommending any of these hotels, but they are well known to most veteran bkk mongers.

many of these can be found in the general links provided above, but may also have their own specific hotel links. the goal here is to provide quick & easy access to hotel links for hotels that are located in an area of bangkok that is frequented by mongers, not to necessarily recommend any of them.

sukhumvit road “farang ghetto” hotel links

1) http://www.majesticsuites.com/main.html (located on sukhumvit rd., between soi 4 & soi 6, and near the nana post office.

2) http://www.royalasialodge.com/ another hotel operated by a sikh indian family, as is majestic suites. (located at the furthest end of sukhumvit/soi 8. it’s about a ½ mile walk to sukhumvit rd., but you can take a break at [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)’s to have a drink and a blowjob). they also have a complimentary tuk-tuk service to haul you from the hotel to sukhumvit rd., and vice versa.

3) http://www.royal-president.bangkok.com/ (located on soi 15, about a ½ mile from sukhumvit rd.)

4) http://www.grand-president.bangkok.com/ (located on soi 11, about a ½ mile from sukhumvit rd.)

5) http://www.solitaire-bkk.bangkok.com/index.htm (also located on soi 11, but a bit further away from sukhumvit rd. than the g.p.)

6) http://www.nanahotel.co.th/html/ (located on soi 4, just off of sukhumvit rd., essentially across from nana plaza).

7)http://www.woraburi.com/new/woraburi_inn/woraburi_inn.html (located on soi 4, a bit further down the soi from the nana hotel)

8) http://www.landmarkbangkok.com/ (located on sukhumvit rd., between soi 4 & soi 6)

9) http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/bkkdt (located on sukhumvit rd. at soi 2)

10) http://www.hotelmanhattan.com/ (located on soi 15, close to sukhumvit rd.)

** terry terrier has provided the following hotel links**

1) www.dynastyinn.com (covers the bangkok and pattaya properties)

2) www.gracehotel.th.com/

i could not find a specific link for the ambassador towers, another well-known property frequented by mongers.

one more time. i am not necessarily recommending any of these properties. my motivation is simply to help provide quick access to potentially useful links for bangkok accommodations, and nothing more. if anyone else finds any other specific hotel links, send them to me via pm & i will add them to the list.

luego

All About Bob
08-07-04, 11:13
Hi all,

If you are already in Bangkok, and want to book rooms especially for the Landmark, there is a travel agent called TV AIR in the Emporium shopping centre, they charge 2700baht for a room with breakfast, they also have other good deals, especially for flights I find them the best

Good luck

Patrick
08-07-04, 18:37
I have just spent a week at the landmark and it seems to be a standard $100 per night plus taxes which works out to be more like £117 per night. The hotel can pick you up from the airport, and there are other things on offer within the hotel that might be regarded as a deal, but nothing off the price!!

PosterLion
08-07-04, 19:12
Member #2330

No info, just pictures.

The Emerald

PosterLion
08-07-04, 19:15
THE GRAND...

WSG IS TOO SMART. I already uploaded this image in the Massage section. :)

Andix
08-08-04, 04:06
All About Bob,
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I'm not in Thailand. But I'll keep the info handy for other time.

Scotty Monger,
Great, organized research about Sukhumvit lodging!

JackDaniels,
Is Amari Boulevard girl-friendly ?

Thanks to all,
Andix

Dashing Don
08-08-04, 15:39
Re the Landmark:

I've stayed there before and its a great hotel. Guest friendly, great breakfast buffet and terrific swimming pool (outdoor). Good restaurants including ' The Huntsman', an English bar/restaurant. Its 5 star all the way. Last time I was there, Feb of '03, it cost about $100 per night.

They were recently running a special on their 'junior suites' and I booked 4 nights in late August. Cost: $588 or $147 per night. Its been eighteen months since I've been in BKK and I want to enjoy it to the full. Also, the location is great, Suk. 4 or 5. Can't remember exactly.

Don

Terry Terrier
08-08-04, 18:16
Re: TV Air travel agent:

www.tv-air.com/

JackDaniels
08-08-04, 19:10
Andix - Amari Boulevard is girl friendly. You can book the room for two and there is no additional charge but if you book for one, you will have to pay a guest charge. I paid for two as it is just a few dollars more.

The Landmark has better facilities especially if you stay on the Executive Floor but I thought the Amari Boulevard refurbished rooms were really good. The location is definitely better with the 24 hour Foodland supermarket and good value counter meals. In the next soi are many barber shops with their girls in their brightly coloured uniforms - very nice indeed !

Landmark and Amari B are opposite each other across Suk Road.

Coreolis
08-08-04, 19:58
Dear All,

Hi,

Anybody has any experience or any information about:

Asia Hotel Bangkok / Right in the heart of Bangkok
296 Phayathai Road, Bangkok 10400, Thailand

How is the hotel in general? Is it guest friendly, safe and do they provide what they advertise?

All inputs are welcome

Jimmy Red Cab
08-08-04, 21:31
Dashing Don,
Regarding your comments on the Landmark, you say you paid 147 dollars a night, if you can afford that type of money I wish you good luck but I always stay at Majestic Suites--a two minute walk away for 1500 baht a night. I admit the rooms are not big enough for a party and there is no swimming pool but I do not go to Thailand to swim. Each to his own but I just need a room to sleep, wash and shag.

SexReview
08-09-04, 08:38
JackDaniels posted

"Amari Boulevard is girl friendly. You can book the room for two and there is no additional charge but if you book for one, you will have to pay a guest charge. I paid for two as it is just a few dollars more."

How can you call this girl friendly, they are charging you more to bring a girl into the hotel? And if you don't check in with the girl the joiner fee is really high like over 1000 baht each time.

Girl friendly is a hotel that doesn't charge a added fee for bring girls.

Sexreview

Duniawala
08-09-04, 10:00
Coreolis

Asia Hotel is primarily a transit hotel for Thai Airways. That means that Thai Airways puts up the people who are going internationally and have a 8+ hrs layover. I am not sure about girl friendly but has a lot of families staying there, specially people going from Los Angeles to India.

You can check the hotel info at:

http://www.asiatravel.com/asiahotel/index.html

You can ask the staff at Asia travel if they allow you to bring girls up to the rooms. I did the same on my first mongering trip to Thailand. They replied in the positive and then I booked the hotels in BKK and Pattaya.

Hope this helps.

Popularis
08-09-04, 17:07
bangkok report 2-8 aug 2004

day 1 – aug 2nd 2004

this was my holiday of a lifetime on which i’ve spent a good deal of money. as such it won’t be appropriate to everyone reading it, being as it is, a very subjective account. i don’t know whether some of the things i did on the trip where in anyway the best way – they were just mine as a newbie. i would, of course, welcome feedback; but the point is just to recount in as much detail what i did in the hope that it offers one perspective on my very enjoyable trip.

faced by a long haul flight from london to bangkok of approximately 11 hours i decided to spend most of my meagre savings on travelling first class with eva air, a taiwanese airline. i managed to pick up a discounted ticket of £1,800 which compared to other airlines which would have cost be between £4-6k. only 8 seats in first class upstairs on 747 which were comfortable and lay-flat, food was excellent as was unobtrusive serve. i very much doubt the seats were what you would get on say ba or virgin but at half the price they did the job. the thing that stood out about eva was their complete efficiency at all stages of the process.

at heathrow travelling business class or first allows use of the sas “london lounge” which is an excellent facility consisting of free internet, papers, cinema room, massage chairs, international newspapers, and as much snacks and alcoholic drinks as you see fit to consume.

arrival at bkk was uneventful, my only comment being the extremely long time need to queue and progress through immigration.

outside the terminal there is a taxi meter booth where you tell them where you are going to and a car is beckoned over. it appears this is the official service and i think reduces the chance of any scams. journey to hotel was fast and could have been faster if i had opted to take the toll roads which i did on the return back at a total of i think 50bht.

checked in to landmark hotel on skhumvit just around the corner from nana plaza. excellent “lifestyle rooms” on floor 21 costing me £57 pn. free room service breakfast, beautifully furnished rooms, deep bath & shower, air con, mini bar, pay tv & satellite, 3 free laundry items, late checkout 18:00. free use of club on 27 floor, complimentary drink each night in bars. 10% off any restaurant meals. staff are excellent, as is the hotel and its facilities. ideally located just around the corner from nana plaza.

the hotel is definitely girl friendly - after 22:00 a security (not uniformed) sits at a desk near the lifts. as you walk in just approach the desk and say room number and he takes the girl's id card. when she leaves to collect her card he rings up and asks whether your room is in order before he gives it her. please note this is a quality 4* hotel by any international standards and you need to behave accordingly. indeed two of the girls i brought back from nana/soi went and changed into more appropriate clothes from what they originally had on after paying bar fine so as to be dressed appropriately for the hotel.

showered and despite being only around the corner a decided to walk down to soi cowboy and headed into baccarra. girls on lower level were dancing around in bikinis whilst on the above floor which could be view through a glass floor were girls dancing in schoolgirl uniforms. from memory it was 130bht for a heineken and the barfine was 600bht. my beard, only a reasonable short one, seemed to cause some amusement amongst the girls. bought a super looking girl a lady drink and soon after asked her how much for short time. she wanted 3000bht! i knew from having read the forums that this was expensive, but she was an absolute stunner, so i haggled down to 2000bht – expensive i know but after my long flight and her looks i was prepared to settle at that price. on the upside she was very attentive, a good kisser and let me have two pops.

by the time we said goodbye it was 01:30 and after a long day’s travelling i was ready for some much needed sleep.

day two

after room service breakfast i decided to check out the famous pantip plaza shopping centre – a dream for computers and electronics. there are many touts – primarily on level three – pushing ‘sexy dvd’. expressing an interest i was taken to the back of a nearby shop where i was able to browse through a good collection of various sex dvds. i was able to pick up 15 dvds for 1,500bht. being a cautious person i viewed them but binned them before returning to england as i didn’t want any inconvenience when returning through customs. i walked all the back from pantip plaza to my hotel past the plethora of pavement stalls mainly selling clothing, wallets and ties. one thing of note was the way in which vendors do not seem to bother attempting to make themselves heard above the busy traffic and all communicate between each other is sign language.

having returned to the hotel the jet lag was catching up with me and a slept into early evening before heading out to nana plaza. i must say that nana felt a little more intimidating than soi cowboy for the simple reason that in having to climb the staircases on each side of the complex there are some very push touts, some of whom appeared a little unsavoury. having circled the complex i decided to go into angel witch. this is a small but good bar with some very pretty girls performing some reasonable well choreographed routines. the place was quite packed, especially with japanese.

a young looking girl took by fancy, and after agreeing 1,500bht we went back to landmark. she was a good kisser but wouldn’t do bj, riding me cowboy style she also seemed to enjoy herself as she got very wet.

time for me sleep.

day 3

decided upon a little more shopping in the daytime and ended up having 6 shirts made at paul’s fashions across the road from landmark. this cost me 4000bht, but having not really shopped around i don’t know if i paid over the odds. nonetheless every was perfect and they were ready within 24 hours.

i felt that the flight was far too long to be awake so decided to try and acquire some sleeping aids for the return journey. this was a fairly hit and miss experience i have to stay as i understand the authorities have tightened up on the availability of prescription medicines. several pharmacies said they could not dispense halcion to me, but there were two near soi cowboy who had a more flexible attitude. xanax was also apparently available. i must make it clear that i am a doctor and would not advise people attempting to pick up prescriptions medications about which they no little. always consult your doctor first.

after all the walking over the past couple of days i decided to indulge in a foot massage and got a good service at buathip massage, 4/13 sukhumvit soi 5, bangkok not far from landmark. from memory it was less than 250bht for the hour. each time you go you are given a discount on your next visit. girls didn’t speak much english but were good masseuses.

evening time having arrived i was back at nana, this time checking out holywood 1. i have to say the place was very quiet despite it being 11:30 and there were not many girls around. nonetheless i barfined one who provided enjoyable entertainment back at the hotel for 1,500bht.

day four

had a long lay in this morning before heading out across the road to buathip massage again, this time for a thai massage. they asked if i minded whether a blind male masseur did it. of course this made no difference to me as i guessed the very fact the guy was blind meant he would know precisely what he was doing – and he did. i tipped the guy 100bht.

killed time roaming around really until 22:00 to check out hollywood 2. this is on the top floor of nana and much bigger than hollywood 1 with more girls dancing on two carousels. i don’t know whether the two stages were for two different types of girls or not. on balance i think the girls at angel witch in nana were best out of the three i visited.

barfined (600bht) a very pretty girl for 1,500 short time for plenty of fun at the hotel. unfortunately she spoke absolutely no english but had a great [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901) look – her idea was checked at the hotel and they didn’t raise any questions so that’s all i have to go on as regards age. she told me she was twenty though i’d say she looked 16/17 by western standards. i thought quite hard about this afterwards as to whether by going with a girl with [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901) looks i was some kind of pervert. on balance i conclude that i needed to avoid comparing apples with oranges at it were. i felt that i was going with a thai girl with young looks who was of legal age, and it would be a different ball game entirely if i were purposefully seeking out a girl of young looks on the basis that she was ****. if a girl is an adult but happens to look young i think i’m relatively comfortable with that in relation to the ability of the girl to consent as an adult, which is something not true of those seeking out those below the

day five

not a great deal to share about day five really. i was starting to flag a little - i don't know if jet lag was catching up with me or not.

really only pottered about the shops during the day catching a couple of beers and a meal at the londoner brew pub, basement of ubc ii building, corner of soi 33, sukhumvit road.

evening time it was back down to soi cowboy to check out lucky star bar. met a nice aussie expat there who i had a good chat with, assuring me there was little chance of this club being raided tonight as it was owned by the police themselves. this bar wasn’t all that big but had a good atmosphere and some nice girls performing some well choreographed routines. despite nearly leaving on account of some obnoxious dutch guy who was extremely drunk and not handling it well i met up with a lovely girl whose rather large breasts i had become fascinated with. she also spoke excellent english and despite looking about 20 turned out to be 30.

agreed 1,500bht and took taxi back to landmark hotel. i don’t know whether there had been more raids at nana that evening but there was a load of police cars outside on the hotel drive watching people coming and going. having said this they didn’t trouble me or the girl at all and we had a lovely time in the room. she was by far the best i had and i’m convinced she also had a good time. experience over youth definitely won out on this occasion.
age of consent because they have a predilection for children.

after plenty of fun i was in my bed asleep, avoiding the police raid on nana at 01:30 shutting the place down. given the rather tame nature of the scene there nowadays i wonder about the reasoning of cutting off what i would have thought would be a major contributor to the local economy by attracting the tourist dollar. it obviously not only damages nep and soi cowboy but the whole host of associated industries like the taxi drivers, street vendors, pharmacies and hotels. the impression i got from the locals i talked to were that none were happy with the clampdowns by prime minister thaksin shinawatra. however i could not help notice that there are elections for bangkok’s governor at the end of the month and one of the popular candidates is ex massage parlour king chuvit kamolvisit – maybe some sense may return to the scene if he is elected.

day six, seven and lasting impressions

more shopping today, primarily for some silk ties which i picked up for 99bht each.

i was sitting near a park watching the work pass by whilst enjoying an ice cold coke and cigarette when i was approached by one of the tourist police hold a butt he’d picked up from the group near by bench. he asked me for my passport, to which i told him it was at my hotel. he then said i had to come with him to his kiosk, presumably to extract some fine or other. when i said ‘why’ he seemed a little perplexed and sat down on the bench with me explaining that you ‘don’t go to the toilet in thailand’. fortunately i was able to show him the butt of the cigarette i had smoked which i had extinguished in my now empty coke can. he then moved off rather sheepishly. i don’t know whether this was a genuine mistake on his part or a little attempt to extract a backhander. i suppose it could have been either, but would like to think it the former of the two.

having to be up early for my flight on sunday i very reluctantly decided not to go out on saturday night, but have some room service and watch a couple of movies.

day seven

checked out of the hotel and hailed a cab to the airport taking the toll road. brought my duty free allowance of cigs and aftershave before progressing very efficiently through all check-ins and security. slept nearly all the flight back after using the sleeping aid i had acquired earlier in the week.

lasting impressions

bangkok is one of the most fascinating cities i have every visited. as a newbie experience it is awesome and i suppose only repeated visits will show whether or not it is possible to tire of the place. i was struck by how clean the streets were despite there being in parts an unsavoury stink in some parts which might have only been down to the rain that had arrived for periods of the visit. there are many beggars, but i don’t think an abundance of them. of course i was moved to see the child beggars which i could not help to be moved by. above all what stood out for me was that despite bangkok being a vibrant, bustling city the people themselves seemed relatively at ease with themselves and each other than any western city i can think of. to those who like me until very recently have not visited bangkok i think it is a ‘must do’. hopefully i will have the fortune of experiencing their hospitality again in the not too distant future.

thanks to all those who’ve read the report.

Wacko 04
08-09-04, 18:21
Coreolis,

I happened to stay 2 nights at Asia Hotel in Bangkok City. It is so so crowded at the lobby, etc, that no one nothers who you walk in with. I booked my room thru the internet and chcked in and called my thai FL to come over and she stayed the night. In fact 1st night she arrived after 3am as she had a birthday party to attend and i met her at the lobby adn walked her to the room with no problems. 2nd night she arrived around 10pm and no problems also.

I would say that Asia Hotel is girl friendly. But not teh Asia Airport Hotel which i stayed earlier on work assignment as near to working place. That one 1 was caught twice when came back late at night with a girl and she had to give her ID particulars and i had to pay teh extra misserable 200Bt for the additional person staying overnight in teh room which they register her and gave her a buffet breakfast voucher to ahve breakfast with me. So it is actually not too bad where the 200Bt comes with breakfast.

Dashing Don
08-10-04, 00:48
Jimmy Red Cab,

First off, love your handle. Red for passion no doubt. Or perhaps 'red' for the color of the bedbug bites that are included for 1500 baht at the Majestic Suites.

Then again, your use of the word 'shag' might mean that you are from england. But aren't those cabs black?

Anyway, $147 per night only gets a very average room in the US, and probably England too. So stop trying to make out that I'm like Bill Gates for staying at the Landmark for a few days.

This them is very common on the Thai board. Its the guys who want a comfortable night's sleep at a decent hotel and don't mind tipping the gals a few bucks, vs. the guys who want to pay 3baht on the Pattaya beach bus. Enuff a'ready.

Lets hear some great humping stories instead,

Don

White Tiger
08-10-04, 04:31
Popularis,

Regarding the cigarette incident, I believe its a scam. I got that done to me too except I wasn't as lucky. My cigarette butt was on the floor and he showed me this pamphlet indicating a 2000Baht fine. At this time, I told him I haven't got the money with me (I lied, thousand bills in left pocket, smaller bills right pocket) and I emptied my right pocket to show him I was telling the truth. Anyhow, I ended up paying 200Baht of which I'm sure he pocketed.

Alex

Bob1000
08-10-04, 06:31
Just book myself through Priceline.com for a $45 per night at the Holiday Inn in Silom. Any experience with this hotel in Silom?

Jimmy Red Cab
08-10-04, 11:07
Dashing Don---you wrote------
"Anyway, $147 per night only gets a very average room in the US, and probably England too. So stop trying to make out that I'm like Bill Gates for staying at the Landmark for a few days."

As I live in London I am fully aware of hotel prices but you can't compare London & New York with Bangkok, prostitutes in London want £800 for an overnight stay whereas Bangkok girls expect £40 or less. I am not a "cheap charlie" because I stay at the Majestic Suites, I have never seen a bad report on this hotel and there are no bed bugs OR cockroaches.
My next visit to Bangkok will be for 23 days---maybe you would think again if you had to pay 147 dollars for 23 nights.

Just for the record, not all London cabs are black, they can now be any colour and sometimes covered in adverts.

Thumbs Up
08-10-04, 12:51
Jimmy Red Cab,

I'm with you my friend. The Majestic Suites is an excellent hotel with a great location. Yes, the rooms are on the small side but they are clean, modern, and inexpensive. That is why it's often difficult to get a reservation there. The notion that you will get red bedbug bites staying at the Majestic is nonsense IMO. That certainly has not been my experience.

Finally, I make good money in the USA and I very much appreciate the information that is provided here by the 3 baht guys on the Pattaya beach bus. These "3 baht guys" have provided me with a helleva lot of invaluable information and have saved me mucho baht.

Thanks guys. You know who you are.

Chris H
08-10-04, 14:23
Jimmy Red Cab is right, there is nothing wrong with Majestic Suites. Just because you don't want to spend a lot of money and get ripped off, does not mean that you are cheap, it may mean that you are smarter than others.

Chris H

Scotty Monger
08-10-04, 15:39
Lets not have another flame war over something so trivial. The Landmark is a good hotel, and so is Majestic Suites, in its own way. Some want 4-5 star luxury for their short stay and are willing to pay for it. Others have longer stays, where budget is a concern, and must find an acceptable 2-3 star hotel. The Landmark works for the former, and Majestic Suites works for the latter. Isn't it great that both of these options are available on basically the same block in BKK?!

While I respect each monger's right to stay where he pleases, and feel that neither of these 2 options is by definition, "wrong". I would be less than honest if I didn't say that paying $147 a night for any room in the "Sukhumvit Road Farang Ghetto" area of BKK is sort of like being "King Shit on Turd Mountain"!

BTW, book your Majestic Suites double Superior room at www.asiahotels.com and you save about 15%, making the nightly cost 1,300baht, including all taxes, fees, and breakfast for two! Also, if you are staying a week or longer in BKK, contact the manager directly at bob@majesticsuites.com, as he can meet or beat the prices posted on the other websites for longer stays.

Luego

Dashing Don
08-10-04, 19:18
Sukhumvit happens to be downtown BKK. Neighboring hotels include Sheraton, Marriot etc. There are many business people around this area. 'Farang ghetto' ala Angeles City, its not. You think you can stay in these hotels for 1500 baht just because the cost of living in BKK is not as high as the US? No way.

Check out Popularis' report below, and his ringing endorsement of the Landmark.

Anyway, enough of this bullshit. Maybe its time for a division of the Bangkok Hotel section, with budget, mid-range etc. Then we can go our separate ways.

Don

Patrick
08-10-04, 19:21
I am intending to visit bangkok again later this year and instead of the landmark I was wondering about an alternative in the same area - maybe the majestic suites could be the one, as I am staying for a longer time I need a less expensive hotel so I can use my money else where!! So all this aside is it a ok place to hang out for a few weeks?

Terry Terrier
08-10-04, 20:11
Patrick

There is a lot of good reading in this thread on the Majestic Suites (hint, hint!).

But I can tell you that I stayed there on my visit in the Spring. I booked a superior double ( I heard the cheaper rooms are too small). It was modern, clean and fitted out to a high standard.

The staff are all friendly, very helpful and all speak good English.

Security is good, with electronic door and safe locks.

If you like to hang out at the hotel in the day, this place isn't for you: No pool, no leisure centre, tiny lobby, tiny bar/cafe. The daytime food is ok, but the breakfasts just about fill a hole.

The hotel is 100% girl friendly, and the Local WG's like it because of it's friendliness and comfort of the rooms.

Cloud Seeker
08-10-04, 20:32
Popularis: nice report. You talked a lot about shopping; perhaps, if you do decide to visit the city again, you might give the temples a shot (Wat Pho; Grand Palace; Wat Saket - with an observation deck that allows for stunning views; Wat Arun - across the river; Wat Traimit - Buddha statue made out of pure gold in Chinatown, etc.). For me, they were one of the highlights of the trip. It's a shame to spend all this money and 24 hours of flying (as I did) just for Nana and Soi Cowboy.

Folks, regarding the hotels. I stayed at Grand President, but for the limited time that I spent in BKK, I should have splurged on Landmark. Simply put, if you're in BKK for a few days only, it pays to pay the extra price and get a nicer room. For extended stays (e.g. 23 days), unless you are in the upper income bracket (which I am not), a room at GP (or equivalent) might be a better idea.

GP isn't bad, but the rooms are average - what else do you expect for US$39/night? You couldn't find a 1-star motel in North America for that kind of money.

For some, Landmark will be appropriate; others will be better served by staying at Majestic. Why argue about this? It's always the Thailand forum that tends to attract these wars - see how the boys on the Indonesia and Philipinnes conduct themselves.

I say as long as you're not staying in a 200-Baht dumpster in the backpacker ghetto of Banglamphu and Khao San road, you're fine.

Cheers,

Cloudy

Scotty Monger
08-10-04, 20:36
Don,

Try as I might, I couldn't find anyone that was knocking the Landmark, per se. It's just in a higher price range (with many more amenities) than Majestic Suites, and as I mentioned they both have their pluses and minuses.

Many BKK mongers stay longer than 4 nights, and so look for lower cost options, including serviced apartments.

I know many mongers who are forced to stay in hotels outside of this area, when their wives, family, or fellow businessmen travel with them, precisely because it is a "Farang Ghetto" compared to other areas of "Downtown" BKK. I'm using this term to simply signify that it is an area of BKK with a large population of farangs who are there for the expressed purpose of mongering. I am not stating that it is a slum, It's just not an area of town (or the world for that matter) that I would personally spend $147 a night on a hotel. To each his own.

Luego

Patrick
08-10-04, 21:27
TT,
ok I get the hint !!
But thank you for telling me what I wanted to know, I have checked out their site and will probably give it a try on my next visit, I wasn't much of a user of the extras at the landmark any way so it should be more for me at the Majestic.
Thanks again,
Patrick.

Terry Terrier
08-11-04, 00:02
Just been looking at the hotels section of bookings.nl (who I sometimes book flights with). They have some very good rates for some of the up-market hotels, which may be of interest to you high rollers out there.

BTW, each country's ebookers sets it's own prices.

Jimmy Red Cab
08-11-04, 02:02
Bob1000,
I have stayed at the Holiday Inn on Silom road, nice enough hotel until you want to take a girl back to your room, they charged me 1500 baht----needless to say I would never stay there again, live and learn.

Jimmy Red Cab
08-11-04, 02:48
Terry Terrier,
I have to agree with you, there are no facilities at the Majestic Suites---but in less than a 5 minute walk you have everything you could want---pool bars, 24 hour restaurants, beer bars----you are literally in the heart of Bangkok.

Bob1000
08-11-04, 06:13
Jimmy Red Cab,

Thanks for the head up. I am actually visiting my GF in Thailand. I should register her at the time of check in so that I would not be hit with this 1500 baht rip-off.

Bob1000

JackDaniels
08-11-04, 20:30
Sexreview - OK, by your definition (no extra charge) the Amari Boulevard is not girl friendly. I thought the definition of girl friendly is when the hotel allows the girl in. In any case, I always book a double room for two. This may not be very economic, but it is convenient.

Popularis - great report but in the wrong section ? :)

Kens14
08-12-04, 14:04
The Amari vs. the Majestic Suites vs. Fleapit Towers.

I do not what the whole beef is about guys. I've just spent 4 happy nights in The Manhattan (Soi 15, I do like this Soi having stayed at The Somerset earlier).
I paid 1,400Bht double occupancy, breakfast & taxes. When bring back a girl there was no problem, they were polite & discreet. They took the ID off this girl the first day, but the 2nd & 3rd time I bought the same girl back they just smiled & welcomed her !

The rooms are large, clean & quiet - great place. Stop arguing & enjoy the delights of this wonderful city before Taksin 'cleans' it all up!

SB Lumens
08-13-04, 10:35
Here's something I've not seen discussed but is very important:

NOISE!

The Executive Suite (50m3) in the Grand President is really fantastic, but there is a tropical bird facility on the north side of the building (confirmed to me by a friend w/ a condo on the south side of the bldg to the North). These cocks are really loud at 9am.

Majestic 2nd floor is poor for cell phone reception and light. Ask for something higher.

SB

Member #2065
08-13-04, 15:55
Where will be a better place to stay around Sukhumvit or Ratchada area? Anyone can recommend some GF hotels around that areas and maybe with room rates below 1500 baht? As don't feel like to spend to much on rooms as better to spend on others :-).

Death Warrior
08-14-04, 08:29
I've just come back after spending a week in BKK. Was staying at Majestic suites, which is a perfect location for all of the action. Was staying on 5th floor in a room that overlooks the back of NEP, however, the double glazing is so good, you cannot hear any noise from outside. Staff are friendly and there is absolutely no fee for taking any girls back. If the security guard is there when you take you girl back, he will keep her ID card and give her a visitor pass.

Just wanted to let everyone also know, that if they take their laptop and it has a wireless card, you may be able to get free Internet access. I managed to get a signal which was coming from the Marriot. It only worked when I was using the laptop on the desk near the window and at times signal was lost. Do not set any SSID and it may also work for you.

Poseidon Guy
08-15-04, 00:21
Hey guys,

I've booked a room at "Manhattan Hotel" on Sukhumvit, is this place "Lady friendly"? Or do I have to pay extra for her?

I've tried to use the "Forum Search" but this function is down right now.

Thanks!

P.S. I been to Poseidon on Rachada about 60 times, so if anyone needs info on this place let me know.

Terry Terrier
08-15-04, 03:47
Member #2065

There is a very detailed post by Scotty Monger two pages back from this one covering hotels in the Suk district.

Less polite members will just tell you to RTFF (it means read the f*****g forum).

White Tiger
08-15-04, 06:05
Poseidon,

Manhattan is girl friendly, but occasionally they do ask for girls ID. You can ask for a free ride on the hotel car for one time only and they charge a fare after that. They usually take you to some shopping area, MP and wherever you request I suppose.

If you do go for a ride with the hotel car, ask for James. He is a nice fellow and say alex recommend you (tell him the alex that got scam by the tourist cop for littering back in july).

Regards,

Alex

Poseidon Guy
08-15-04, 06:12
Terry Terrier,

Thanks for the info.

Draco
08-20-04, 23:37
For what it's worth, I've found the JW Marriott and the Amari Boulevaard were absolutely no hassle with bringing a lady in. At the Marriott, I brought one lady in one night about 2:30 and two ladies in the next night at about 12. Lots of people were up and around at 12. Just move along and look natural. The ladies were cool, not making a show, so I guess the staff said ok.

At the Amari, I brought two ladies in about 11, went out for a bite and came back about 12. On both occasions, no hassle, even though there was a guard at the elevator.

Looking for a few recommendations for my next trip there in a week. It's on my nickle, so I'd like to spend less than these charge. But, a small tight room is not at the top of my list (saw many positive comments on Majestic, but many said it was small).

Anybody know about RoyalAsia over about Soi 8?

Juan Julana
08-23-04, 10:24
Guys,

Next month is my first time to BKK.

I wonder, can I book (or, Is it recommended) the hotel at my arrival in BKK airport? It's usually common in Asia to have small hotel kiosks in arrival terminal.

Thanks!

Scotty Monger
08-24-04, 01:26
draco,

the double superior room & the deluxe room are larger than the regular rooms at majestic. you can book these through asiahotels.com & save about 15% over the rack rate. here are the 2 direct websites for both majestic suites & royal asia lodge. i am staying at majestic suites at the start of my trip, before heading to pattaya. i'll spend the last night or 2 of my trip at royal asia.

luego

1) http://www.majesticsuites.com/main.html (located on sukhumvit rd., between soi 4 & soi 6, and near the nana post office.

2) http://www.royalasialodge.com/ another hotel operated by a sikh indian family, as is majestic suites. (located at the furthest end of sukhumvit/soi 8. it’s about a ½ mile walk to sukhumvit rd., but you can take a break at [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)’s to have a drink and a blowjob). they also have a complimentary tuk-tuk service to haul you from the hotel to sukhumvit rd., and vice versa.

Sam007
08-25-04, 01:05
Does anyone have any input on the Tower Inn? Would do a search but that option isn't available as most of you know.

SB Lumens
08-25-04, 08:39
JJ,

Man, why wait until after the long, long flight to hassle with a reservation? On my last trip, my bag was lost at NRT. However, i knew that I had an awesome suite awaiting me at Grand President. So given that and being LOS, I didn't care too much about the lost bag (delivered by Thai Air w/in 12hrs).

Point being, nothing better than being able to tell the cabbie your destination about 2min after getting your bag. No hassle, no worries.

Good luck.

Juan Julana
08-27-04, 07:55
SBL,

I guess you got it right! My reason was, I'm not sure that I want to spend my 4 days in BKK only.

Anyway, I'm considering Westin BKK now. Checking their web site, they currently have a package: executive room + breakfast + one limo to/from airport + free broadband internet + etc.. for $160++.

Is Westin at strategic area (say, compare to Landmark). Are they girl-friendly?

Thanks!

Nauskas
08-28-04, 01:16
Anybody know an inexpensive and clean hotel near the Novatel or Hard Rock area ?

I have stayed at many of the big expensive ones,(on busienss) in addition to Majestic Suites and Royal Asia.

Thought I would find a change of pace closer to the SIAM Skytrain station.

On a different note- wouldn't it be easier if someone asked some of the hotels like Majestic to offer a WSG discount.

You just tell them its a global travel club and people who mention it get the discount. Deal is done, girl friendly questions are gone and everyone has a rate they can count on.

I have an ITAN travel agent credential and have dealt with many revenue managers at various hotels. I can say its very easy and I am sure Majestic Suites and others would give priority service, lower rates etc over time, based on the business related to the effort.

Jackson- if you wanted something more than just a word, a page could be added to the WSG Charities site to make it more bonified.

Producer
08-28-04, 13:50
recently spent some days in bangkok and stayed at the emporium suites (delxue apartment type of accommodation), above the emporium shopping mall on sukhumvit soi 24, next to benjasiri park. please find below my personal experience/judgement:

booking

i checked travel agents on the internet but decided to directly negotiate with emporium sales - contact details to be found on their website, just type "emporium suites" at google. after three emails, i had negotiated a rate of thb 4800 nett/night for the grand deluxe studio 90sqm which equals a suite for x-times the price at e.g. sheraton grande. none of the online travel agents i checked offered any rate close to the one i negotiated. the rate included breakfast, daily fruit plater, newspapers, sauna/gym, 5% emporium discount card etc.

emporium suites are located above the emporium shopping mall. the entrance and driveway is next to benjasiri park where you leave late at night through the parking garage when you watch a movie at the emporium. there is a direct access within the building to the shopping mall, thus giving you very easy access to the bts skytrain station, excellent food court, movie theater, drugstores, book stores etc. a bank is also located on the same premises with atms. especially during rainy season, the bts access is unbeatable. i found the benjasiri park just in front of the door to be a pleasant way to escape the bkk hustle once in a while.

apartment

the view of the apartment was stunning (40th floor) and can only be matched according to my earlier experience by places such as banyan tree and baiyoke. the apartment had a kingsize bed, working desk, tv set with vcd/dvd, stereo, sofa, sofa chairs, dining table, separate kitchen with fridge/microwave/oven etc, bathroom with large bathtub (though not jacuzzi), extra shower cubicle. the furniture was sort of western designer stuff but also comfortable. downside: no washing machine (only in public area) and the apartments are not too well isolated when it comes to noise. there is high-speed internet access in the room at additional cost.

girl-friendliness

i cannot say much about this aspect since i have not brought anyone back to the apartment. however, i noticed once a group of "brothers" sitting in the lobby with a bunch of obviously freelancers and they apparently had fun without being bothered by other guests.

service

from my experience, service is excellent and much better than at any 5 star hotel i have stayed at in bangkok, especially when it comes to special requests such as e.g. technicians. one of my cds got stuck in the player, a technician showed up within less than 5 minutes, brought a new player and retrieved my cd in the meantime. the entire staff speaks decent english (even the room cleaners), is always very friendly and at service. be it calling a bellboy or asking for a new door card, everything is fixed within few minutes. laundry service was not cheap but ok for the quality - same price but much better quality than at e.g. president park.

security

the entrance and lobby are well-staffed at all times. the bellboys will always give you a handnote with the taxi plate number when you take a taxi. the elevators can only be used with your personal key card. security staff can be seen "patroling" the various facilities.

type of guests

mainly due to the price, emporium suites caters primarily to westerners and expats with their families. but you will also meet upper-class, foreign-educated locals and a group of koreans and japanese on business.

facilities

breakfast was always busy but quality-wise excellent, offering everything from bread, pastries, cornflakes, hot food (western/asian) to japanese miso soup. the free-form swimming pool is great, and the gym is well-equipped (free towels etc.). there is also a beauty/massage shop that i have not used. the lobby with its bar is designed in a fancy way. more important were for me the further above mentioned facilities within emporium shopping mall and the bts station that is only 2 minutes away.

conclusion

there are definitely much cheaper ways to accommodate yourself in bangkok but if you look for - as i did - some 5-star like, hazzle free environment and base for your adventure, i recommend you to check it out. if you don't spend a lot of time working in the room, the smaller studio for less thb will do it, too. you get much more for your bucks here than at shangrila, sheraton grande & co.

Virgil
08-29-04, 14:41
Gentlemen,

Can anyone tell me if Grand China Princess is a girl friendly hotel?
Would I be better off booking in at Nana Plaza Hotel?

Thanks

Virg'

1Ball
08-30-04, 14:34
can you guys help me out? i have been shut out of Priceline, the grand Pres wants 3 grand for a 1 bedroom, and the Majestic is full.

I am looking at the amari Atrium for this week end, the search function is down, i have gone back abt 10 pages, i can't see it if it is there. Is the Aston Atrium friendly? Something tells me it has to be , being that it is spitting distance from the biergarden.

Thanks

Tomster
08-30-04, 14:46
Guys,

Just booking me winter hols in sunny Bangkok, and as usual I was planning on staying at the excellent President Park. However, when I was on the site making the booking, I came across another serviced apartment building called President Solitaire, obviously owned by the same company.

I've tried to do a search in the forum to see if there is any existing posts on it, but the search dosen't seem to be working, so apologies if I'm repeating any previous posts.

It looks pretty special, 42 inch plasma and DVD in every room, monthly rate pretty reasonable at around 60,000 - 80,000 baht, and even underwater music in the swimming pool for the fish amoung us...

Anyways, has anybody styed there, and most importantly is it girl friendly? It looks kinda classy, I'm just a bit worried that it may be a little bit up it's own bum, although the same company owns the Grand President, and the President park, which are both very girl friendly as you all know.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

JackDaniels
08-30-04, 15:10
I have stayed at the Solitaire - the web site makes it look absolutely luxurious but it isn't. The lobby and staricase are smaller than it appears on the web, the 42" plasma TV is just OK, the rooms are OK and not exactly executive suites, and it is located in the back streets and a good 15 minute walk to Suk Road. I checked out after 2 days and checked into the Amari Boulevard (refurbished wing) and I was much happier !

Sam007
08-30-04, 16:09
I am currently at the Solitaire and it is great. I have the Platinum suite and it is everything I expected. No hassles whatsoever.

Joe Zop
08-30-04, 17:56
1ball, I believe despite it's location, the Amari is UNfriendly. That's how Sanukmaps has it listed.

Tomster
08-30-04, 21:27
JackDaniels,

Thanks for that mate, I guess some things are too good to be true!

The website looks amazing, but I know from personnal experience that President Park is quiet and well run, so i'll stick with what I know I guess.

That plasma screen does look kinda good though...

Cheers Jack.

JackDaniels
08-30-04, 23:20
I have also stayed in the President Park which is quite good but again it is quite far from the action. Really depends on what you want. I like to be in a good location and I do like to pop out of the hotel several times of the day; if its for a meal, a coffee or just a walk - so location and convenience is important for me. Other guys might have everything planned out in advance, for example lunch and visit to a massage place followed by an early evening drink and a trip to the beer bar, back for a shower and then out to NEP. So their return to the hotel might be just once or twice in a day whereas mine might be 4 or 5 times. So it depends on what you are looking for in a place of abode.

BKK Dreaming
08-30-04, 23:40
Do any of the hotel discount places have a better price for Dynasty Inn than the normal 990 baht ?

Stinky
08-31-04, 02:31
Whats wrong with the fucking Royal Benja you bastards? Its in the best location, the rooms are huge and clean as fuck. Its girl friendly. Free breakfast, free drinks. All this shit for 1000 - 1400. Whats the prob? You dont even have to check out until 4 p.m. Who cares if your chick has to give her ID. Thats for your own benefit.

Speed Touch
08-31-04, 14:19
1 ball,

Try the Manhatton (do a seach on google for Manhatton Bkk) - recommened by a fellow WSG memeber. Or try thr dynasty on Soi 4.

Freeman #2
08-31-04, 18:43
Can anyone please give me any information on the hotel rates in BKK (tourist class) clean and nice hotel and in chiangmai as well. I will be visiting BKK in Oct 04. Please Quote the rate and name of the hotel.

Thank You

Rhino Tusk
09-01-04, 05:40
Juan,

Yes, Westin is well located near Landmark, across the street and more towards Soi Cowboy. I was able to book there next month using Priceline for a $60 bid (breakfast not included).

Terry Terrier
09-01-04, 22:55
1ball

From the stuff that I have read, the Amari Atrium is ok if you book a double. If you book a single, there is a joiner fee.

All

I'm struggling to find any guest reviews of the Royal Asia Lodge on any sites anywhere. I'm back in town soon, and this place looks to have it's merits. Can anyone help me out here?

1Ball
09-02-04, 00:01
Thanks TT, though what i meant was the Amari on soi 5. The atrium is too far.

thr royal asia lodge is OK, nothing more. it is old, but it is cheap, it is also quite a walk in the heat of the day to Suk, but they have a little Tuk tuk shuttle. Be sure to ask them where the bell is at the end of the soi. You can ring the bell once you are ready to head back up, and they will come get you

The Traveler
09-02-04, 05:15
Terry Terrier

The Royal Asia Logde is in Soi 8 at the dead end, a bit worn down. Nothing special, fairly clean, standard equipment like small tv, small fridge with minibar, phone, air. You even have to pay a deposit for the tv remote. Safe is available at the reception.

The Promenade in the same soi, but no so far inside, has the same basic equipment but has a bit more atmosphere and is much more to my liking. 800 per night, just tell them you have been there before and pay cash.

The Traveler
09-02-04, 22:20
1ball

Couldn't send you a PM cause your box is full, so I hope you read this before you leave to LOS.

I recommend the Regency Park, definately girl friendly. It's located at Soi 22, close to Emporium and Barons. Short walk to BTS and soi cowboy. Nice rooms, quiet, small in-room safe.
Check the following sites for reservation

http://www.accorhotels.com/accorhotels/index.html
http://www.bangkok-hotels-asia.com/bangkokhotels_by_name.htm

There is a special internet offer at the Regency (Accor Group) for 1750 instead of 2800 for a superior. You also can get the same room for 24US$ at Bangkok-Hotels-Asia.com

Hope it helps

Crossword
09-03-04, 20:22
Stinky,

I was under the impression that Royal Benja is not girl friendly from what I read on other forums.

If it is girl friendly, there appears to be nothing wrong with it, as you put it so colourfully, and appears well worthy of consideration.

A-Todd
09-06-04, 07:39
Zenith Hotel

Does anyone know if there's still a 500B fee for bringing a guest with you?

Thanks
Todd

Big Daddy C
09-13-04, 15:16
Hi

I'm a newbie on this board. Will be travelling first time to Bangkok in october. Wanted to know if Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is girl friendly.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Big Daddy

Rhino Tusk
09-13-04, 17:58
Big Daddy,

I've stayed there twice and can confirm the Sheraton Grande is guest friendly.

Pistola
09-13-04, 22:10
The Royal Asia Lodge is very run down. Much better The Promenade on the same road.

Ciao

Elvis30
09-14-04, 00:17
Question,

If you prepaid your hotel using a web service, has anyone had problems with the hotel trying to charge you again on your credit card?

Tamaman
09-15-04, 23:20
I arrive in BKK at 11pm and fly to Samui the next day at 6am so no time to go downtown. Any recomendations where I can stay close to the airport. If I'm in need of a quickie (and who isn't?), where will I find some quality girls close to Don Muang?

Thx

EDITOR's NOTE: Posting of this report was delayed pending revisions to add standard capitalization throughout the text. To avoid delays in future reports, please refrain from using the "chat room" style of writing with no capital lettering. Thanks!

Gonzo2
09-16-04, 03:41
I made the experience that royal assia lodge is too far to walk and you will wait for taxi all the time. Cheap but pool is tiny bathtub on roof top.

Promenade hotel is much musty smell and dark to hide carpet stain and bugs. Ok if you want quiet and cheap rate. You will be happy to save and spend little more money for cleaner and modern room because you spend alot of money for airfare to thailand. Don't be too cheap, its not fun or clean.

Playboy II
09-16-04, 09:15
Is the Peninsula Hotel a girl friendly hotel? Has anyone had difficulties taking girls back to their rooms in this fine establishment? I'm considering staying there next weekend.

Coma Boy
09-16-04, 10:56
Elvis,

I wouldn't worry too much about that if I was you.

I have been booking rooms online all over Asia for years and have never had any problems.

Besides most credit card companies will quickly deal with such a problem on your behalf shoud it arise.

Duniawala
09-16-04, 15:10
Elvis: Never had that problem, but some hotels will request a CC for any incidentals charged to your room.

Member #2533: Try the Ruamchitt Plaza Hotel bet Soi 11 & 15. It is above the Thermae. Pretty clean rooms and girl friendly.

Mike Asian
09-16-04, 15:35
Greetings all,

My first post and it happens to be in the LOS! Stayed in Bangkok about half of the three weeks I was there. First stayed at the Federal, Sukhumvit Soi 11 - 800B. Not bad, desk never stopped me when I went to the room with a girl.

Also stayed at the Sathorn Villa for 800B. Nice studio room - living roon, bedroom, bath and kitchen area. A little far from the action, but a short walk to the skytrain.

Silom Village Inn for 1199B on Silom nice room with a safe in the closet. Rooms are around a shopping mall and restaurant...never saw the front desk until I checked out

Coma Boy
09-17-04, 11:33
Playboy,

I stayed at The Peninsula for four nights a few months ago and brought a different girl back each night. I had booked the room for two people. I didn't have any problems.

Firedick
09-17-04, 20:19
Interesting to hear that babes are OK at the Peninsula. I would have guessed the oposite. Thanks. FD

Gonzo2
09-17-04, 22:56
Duniawala,

I ask to see 2 rooms in Ruamchitt hotel on top of Thermae bar.

Very old carpet, old noisy window ac and furniture 1960 or 1970. Smelling like mold. They dont care.

Cheap, and I know why if you look. Better pay little more for clean and comfort.

Coma Boy
09-18-04, 08:38
Also when I checked in I was with a girl so perhaps that helped.

Playboy II
09-19-04, 02:46
Thanks, Coma Boy:

I wonder if the fact that you checked in with a girl had anything to do with your not having a problem, or has the Peninsula relaxed their "no girl friendly" policy? Anyone else with recent experience overnighting with girls into the Peninsula?

Playboy II
09-19-04, 02:53
Thanks, Coma Boy:

I wonder if the fact that you checked in with a girl had anything to do with your not having a problem, or has the Peninsula relaxed their "no girl friendly" policy? Anyone else with recent experience overnighting with girls into the Peninsula?

Mr Nico
09-19-04, 07:09
Hello and thanks for all help on this forum.

I use to stay at Majestic Siute and its good I think.

1500bath for a room is little to much if you shall stay a long time. Do anybody know if there is rooms with the same standard for lower price? Maybe around 1000btah (close to the action) and girlfriendly.

PS: If you go to Pattaya you have to stay on Sunshine hotel. Cheep, clean and right in the middle of the action.

Thanks for now.

Nicoo

Fat Shaft
09-20-04, 02:46
Nico,

You might like to try the Ambassador on Sukumvit 11 I think. You could get a room with Breakfast for 1000 Bhats - New Wing for long stays

Cheers

Guh
09-20-04, 10:55
Hello,

I'll be in BKK in November. Does someone knows, if they allow two girls in Majestic Suite?

Thx you for the info.

Gus69
09-20-04, 11:18
I stayed at Peninsula in February, had booked a double(same price for single), checked in about 4pm on my own.

I told reception my friend would be joining me later!

About 9-30 I returned with a TG, i just went to reception and told them I had booked in earlier and my friend was now here. no problem at all, I expect they smell this bullshit every day.

The riverside retreat package is very good if staying over the weekend, and I would not hesitate about staying there again subject to finance.

Daring Mood
09-20-04, 11:36
Stayed at Holiday Inn, Silom late week. This hotel is NOT girl-friendly. They have over zealous security guards who pounce on any foreign guy with TG in hand, whether wife, office colleague, or pillow for the night.

When Daring Mood originally checked into the hotel the receptionist asked him if he had, or would be having, company. Answering in the negative she mentioned that if he was to bring any TG to keep him company for the night then he would have to pay Baht 770 for the night. What with this attitude?

Quite pathetic, and probably the crappiest hotel experience in 15 years of travelling to BKK.

Avoid the Holiday Inn Silom, even if you have the wife in tow. Shangri la, Sheraton (Riverside), Marriott (Sukhumvit) are all hassle free, with much friendlier, less Gestapoesque staff asin Holiday Inn

My humble opinion of course,

Daring Mood

Raznazu
09-20-04, 13:05
Hi all,

A newbie yet to visit BKK but eagerly looking forward to it. I have read this board for the last 7-8 pages and must thank members, specially Scotty Monger, for all tthe inputs. I do have a few questions, which I hope will not sound too naive.

I need to stay within a short walk of Shangri-La which is the venue of a conference I am to attend. The maps are a bit confusing, but I have narrowed it down to the following service apartments - Centre Point Silom, Elegance Suites, Meritus Suites and Sathorn Villa. Please give me comments as to cleanliness and safety walking to and from these locations at night, and also whether they are girl-friendly. Mike Asian, how was your stay.

As a general rule, is it better (and cheaper) to call a girl in from an outside agency, or to try the in-house facility if they have one?

Lastly, Joe Zop, what is (are?) "sanukmaps"?

Thanks

Mike Asian
09-20-04, 19:32
Raz -

http://***************************sanukmaps/ has some detailed maps of patpong, soi cowboy, nana, sukhumvit, etc. Shows bars, massage parlors, hotels, soapies, etc. Some very useful maps to take with you.

As far as Sathorn Villa, the girl I was with checked me in for 800B, which was great for the room I got. If after midnight, when skytrain ends, I took a taxi to the hotel.

Member #2041
09-20-04, 19:34
Sanukmaps are a great set of street maps of Bangkok oriented toward us mongers. All of the monger venues are included, as well as their proximity to local transportation infrastructure and hotels, and the hotels are listed in terms of their friendliness to mongers. Do a google search for Sanukmaps and you'll find the yahoo group address.

Rhino Tusk
09-21-04, 02:16
Guh,

I've taken 2 girls up to my room at Majestic Suites before, they left their IDs at the desk in the usual manner.

Raznazu,

I've stayed at the Shangri-La six times, my favorite hotel in bkk. I was able to book on Priceline for a $55 USD bid ($65with tax), and they even included breakfast. Never felt intimidated walking to/from the BTS at night.

Joe Zop
09-21-04, 04:44
Raznazu, Sanukmaps is a Yahoo group that exists basically to store a series of maps that document the various P4P spots in Bangkok. There are maps for the general Bangkok night life zones, Patpong, New Petchaburi, the general Sukhumvit area, Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, etc. They can be handy just to print out and stick in your pocket if you're wandering around the areas looking for specific places.

White Shark
09-21-04, 08:19
Any update news on Sofitel Silom??
It was the Monarch Lee Garden since a while before...

Take Care

WS

Coma Boy
09-21-04, 08:34
Guh.

Even three girls is fine at Majestic, although you'll get a few giggles from the security guy.

Majestic Suites is pretty much designed for and aimed at mongers. It is perfect if you're just in BKK for a couple of nights, any longer and it would start to get claustrophobic as even the deluxe rooms are tiny.

Hamilton Isle
09-22-04, 08:22
Hi guys,

I apoligize if I am covering old ground here but my forum search turned up nothing.

I have been offered a airfares/accommodation deal to BKK with the 2 hotel choices being The Montien and the Merchant Court. Any and all information on these two hotels would be appreciated...including girl friendliness, room size and comfort level, distance from Sukhumvit, food etc.

Thanks in advance,

HI

Rhino Tusk
09-22-04, 19:37
White Shark,

I've heard the Sofitel Silom is no longer very friendly towards bringing guests in. I haven't stayed there for over a year, last time I registered a girl with me that I brought up from Pattaya. My girl was quite hot, and dressed accordingly. The girl at reception nearly threw a fit and assigned us to a room that hadn't been made up yet (a standard room, when I had booked a superior). A few minutes after, someone called from the front desk and said they made a mistake and assigned me the wrong room. However, I'm sure it was done deliberately.

Haven't stayed there since if guests not welcome. Otherwise, I liked the place. Natural hardwood floors, separate walk-in shower, excellent breakfast buffet, nice cigar bar on 2nd floor. Poor pool facilities, however. I think I paid about 2600.

Chris H
09-22-04, 22:19
Majestic Suites is your best bet for the money and service in that area.

Chris H

Member #1701
09-23-04, 03:47
Rhino / WS,

Was at the Sofitel Silom for an overnighter early Sept. Rooms were nice as they have had a recent reno. Wonder why they did not have any slippers to go with the hardwood floors tho ...

As to being lady friendly, I had called up an FL recommended by a friend and she arrived at about 2pm. I had called down to inform reception that I was expecting a visitor. Security did stop her at the lift landing area and checked back with reception. They allowed her up.

Went out for dinner and returned to the room with her and Security was glancing our way (mainly at the FL) - but no further incidents.

One thing about Sofitel Silom tho - nothing happening in the immediate vicinity.

Capt JB
09-23-04, 07:02
Arrived in BKK last Saturday and checked in to the JW Marriott. Paying $106 (US) a night but they upgraded me to the executive floor as I have a Marriott Rewards card.

They could not be more girl friendly. They treat the girls with the same respect as they would your wife. Executive floors come with access to executive lounge which has a buffett breakfast and made to order omlets ect. (free) Also in the evening they have food and open bar, enough to make dinner from at no charge and your girl of the day is welcome for both breakfast and evening food & drinks. This has got to be worth a few extra bucks. I have no problem spending a few extra bucks on this place. In room safe is handy too.

This place is just around the corner from the Nana and all the action.

Jaimito Cartero
09-23-04, 07:34
You can also get some of the other 5 Star hotels in the Sukhumvit area for $65-$70 (with taxes and fees) through Priceline. Most will still upgrade you to Club rooms if you're a frequent stay guest.

WayneKing
09-23-04, 07:37
Dear All
I might be shooting myself in the foot here but having done a very intensive tour of all the shortime hotels in the Suk area there is one clear winner that should not be missed. It is the Penny Black at the Asoke end of Soi Cowboy.
Now, I kid you not, this place is up to most 4* hotel standards room wise. Huge double bed - Full 60 channels of UBC (great for watching movies/football etc in between mongering sessions. 1 min walk to sky train/underground. If you take the room for the night it is Bht 1,000. This includes a reasonably priced fully stocked mini bar. I expect you can probably haggle if you stay more than one night!!
Obviously it is positively encouraged to take girls up to your room. As many as you can handle!!!
Try it and see. You will be amazed!!
ST was bht400 i think, but compared to Asoke Place ST 300 there is no comparison.
Wayne

Wacko 04
09-23-04, 14:05
Wayne,

You mean this Penny Black hotel is right to the end ot the Soi Cowboy place ? After the Black & White bar ? I understand at the end of Soi Vpwboy is a T junction road. So turn left or right ?? Though it might be noisy from teh music and noise fropm the bars up to the rooms ??

Sure will try this place out next time as last i stayed was Ambassador Hotel which was not girl friendly. Whenever anyone went up the lifts, their security were all eyes and stopped anyone with a TG.

Also too many middle east and pakistanies staying there.

1Ball
09-23-04, 20:17
Try as I may, i can't find out how far from Suk the President Solitaire is.

I have seen their tuk tuk going up and down Soi 11, but is it really that far?

The owner of the President Group has offered to put me up there for a couple of nights, as we are doing business together, so I guess for free, I'll walk to it, would just like to know how much of a walk it is.

Thanks in advance.

Bergen Bob
09-23-04, 22:33
President Solitare is about 10 min walk from Sukhumvit. During daytime they have a free tuk-tuk service.

I think it's a little bit too long walk in high humidity, but it only costs 35 bath with at taxi.

JackDaniels
09-23-04, 22:39
The walk to Pres Solitaire is about 15 minutes or more.

1Ball
09-23-04, 22:59
pretty far. :(

thanks JD

Guh
09-24-04, 07:16
Rhino Tusk, Coma Boy,

Thank you very much for the informations regarding Majestic.

Guh

Thunderbird2
09-25-04, 01:46
I am going to Thailand in November for the first time in about two and a half years. I was hoping to stay in a different type of hotel to the ones I have stayed in before.

On the asia travel web site is a hotel called "House By The Pond" Have any of you regulars any info on this hotel, good or bad.

I know that it is some way from Suk' and on a side road about half way down Soi22 but is it girl friendly and are the rooms as good as on the web site.

Thanks.

WayneKing
09-25-04, 10:34
Wacko...
You go to the Asoke end of Soi Cowboy...oppositre Country Road is the Penny Black. It is quite a big open bar with two or three pool tables. Next to it is the hotel. It really is very good. I think they must have re-decorated it within the last six months. FULL UBC eg 60 channels. Big bed and smart shower facilites. The windows seem pretty thick as I have not had problems with noise. One side looks out to Asoke the other right into Soi Cowboy. I think there are six floors and if you stay the night you get one of the higher floors.
I recently won a very tough game of golf the other day and to celebrate I picked a pair from Cowboy. Amazingly neither had ever been there. All the girls got to Asoke Place for ST...which is one of the worst ST hotels in Thailand!!!
When they saw this place for Bht 100 more they could not believe it. It really put them in a great mood and an excellent couple of hours was had by all (well me, thats for sure.)
I am going to stay there on Weds night this week as it is a big Euro Football night. I can get ESPN, Star Sports, SuperSport Gold. I shall select another pair of beauties and settle down for a good few hours viewing...in between games, halftime etc..will be where I put in my best sporting performance!!!Even if the game is 0-0 I will score plenty!
Wayne

Terry Terrier
09-25-04, 22:03
Hi

Anyone got any experience of the Widsor Suites? Girl friendly? Good hotel? Location? Any info much appreciated.

TIA

terryterrier

Terry Terrier
09-25-04, 22:04
That was Windsor Suites, btw, hic...

Wally Foot
09-25-04, 23:11
I stayed at the Windsor Suites about three years ago, and literally five minutes after I had checked in, and was on my way up to my room in the lift, the porter offered me a lady.

When I later brought one back to my room, I was charged I think 1000 Bhat. The hotel is okay, a bit mid-range, a little run-down, but I moved after a couple of days later to the much more personal, and cheaper, if rather more modest Stable Lodge Hotel.

The Windsor Suites is quite well located, just off Sukhumvit, about halfway between Nana and Cowboy, and fairly convenient therefore for the Skytrain.

Best wishes,

Wally

Duniawala
09-26-04, 15:29
Thunderbird2

Send a mail to Asia Travel and ask them if the hotel allows you to bring girls to the rooms. On my first visit to BKK, I booked through them and asked them. They replied in the affirmative.

Rhino Tusk
09-26-04, 16:24
Terry,

I've stayed at Windsor Suites on Sukhumvit Soi 22 and it is not girl friendly. Going up to my room with a girl, I was stopped at the elevator and charged an extra 800 baht. However, other times I was not stopped, so I guess it depends on who's watching the elevators.

Otherwise, the hotel is good value for the money. Separate sitting room, in-room safe, TV in each room, good breakfast buffet. I think I paid about 2100, but wouldn't stay there again because of the guest policy.

It's a short walk to Soi Cowboy, not far from Suk on Soi 22. Bei Otto German Restaurant is across the street.

Terry Terrier
09-26-04, 19:47
Rhino Tusk, Wally Foot

Thanks for the replies. Joiner fee's a no-no.

I'm looking for a decent priced suite at that end of Suk. I can get the President at a fair price, but was looking at alternatives.

Member #2041
09-27-04, 20:35
Anyone know anything about the Davis Bangkok? It's an upscale boutique hotel that's across the street from the President Park. It looks like a bonafide 5* luxury place, and can be gotten for ~$75 per night + tax. Which would be a great deal, if it really is as nice as it appears on the websites, and it were girl-friendly.

Wally Foot
09-29-04, 00:09
The Stable Lodge I referred to in a recent post may be a good choice for those who wish to stay somewhere reasonably central on Sukhumvit. It is on Soi 8, and is girl-friendly. I stayed there three or four years ago and found it cheap, clean and welcoming, with no problems bringing a girl back, despite the fact that it seems a little family orientated. It has its own website - check it out.
Remembering that trip prompted me to hunt out a few photos I took in the Stable Lodge of a go-go girl from the White House in Clinton Plaza. now demolished. I will post them in the Photo Gallery, if anybody is interested.

Magnet
10-02-04, 09:13
I will be going to stay in Ambassador Hotel on Soi 11, Sukhumvit. Any idea if they are girl-friendly?

Many thanks!

Skyway
10-03-04, 10:39
Hi all,

Could someone tell me if the BANYAN tree BKK is girl friendly. Planning to travel there next month. Also is it pretty far from the action areas - do I need to take a skytrain of cabs to get to nana and cowboy?

Another question: Could you please tell me how is the Marriott in Pattaya? Is it girl friendly and not too far from action areas? This is the first time I go to both places!

Finally, when does the season in Thailand start? NoV Dec or jAN? and when do the prices get pushed up?

I realy appreciate the info. Thanks a bunch. I am open to any suggestions regarding going to stay at a good quality hotel! I will be there probably end of OCT maybe 15 Nov for one month!

Coma Boy
10-04-04, 16:22
Skyway.

Banyan Tree is an amazing hotel and was girl friendly when I stayed there a few years ago. But, I always book for two people so that may or may not have made a difference.

It is located pretty close to Patpong and Lumpini, and if the traffic is okay I think it is only about ten-fifteen minutes in a taxi to Nana or Cowboy.

I think the closest BTS station is Sala Daeng. BTS for Nana is Nana, and BTS for Cowboy is Asok. The BTS is great in the daytime but at night you're better off taking taxis.

I guess officially high season is from November to February but there are always many tourists around from mid-October till after Songkran in mid-April.

Mister Handy
10-04-04, 18:12
Someone sent me a PM asking about the Marriott vs. the Westin, and as I've stayed at all three of the reported-girl-friendly 5*s available on Priceline, I thought I'd make a brief report here.

The three hotels are the Westin Grande (North side of Sukhumvit, a block from Asok), the Sheraton Grande (South side, across from the Westin), and the JW Marriott (South side of Sukhumvit, a block West of Nana plaza). All three are available on Priceline (PL) from time to time in the $60-80 range, as well as through various discount travel agencies at times, or in the $110-160 range via the Hotel chains' own web sites. For those specifically interested in bidding via PL, there are various sites on the web for tracking PL bids.

I've stayed at all three, although more often at the Westin and only once each at the other two. All three are very nice true 5* properties, at least now that all the rooms at the Westin are renovated. Before, you could end up with either a renovated room or an older one. I didn't find the Sheraton is not quite as nice as either despite being generally a little more expensive. The Westin has their "heavenly bed" and is particularly comfortable, the room may be a little nicer as well but it's very close to a toss-up between the Westin and the Marriott.

Location-wise, the real question is "do you prefer Nana or Soi Cowboy?" The Sheraton and Westin are a block away from Soi Cowboy, the Marriott a block away from Nana plaza.

All three are right by the Skytrain (Nana for the JW, Asoke for the other two) and the Westin/Sheraton are right by the Asoke/Sukhumvit stop on the new subway.

JW Marriott and Westin both have in-room internet, the Sheraton doesn't. As I tend to bring work with me, it's very helpful for that, and costs about $10 a day. You'll need a laptop, obviously. Also, all three have in-room safes, although the ones at the Westin and Marriott are too small to stash a laptop in.

The JW Marriott is very girl-friendly; no ID-check hassle for me, although others have had to deal with it, my good luck I guess, and no joiner fee. If you use the side entrance closer to Sukhumvit, it's very discreet, you'll just get a knowing glance from the security guy.

The Westin has no joiner fee when I've been there (YMMV from reports elsewhere) but it has a rather less discreet entrance and they've always checked ID.

I can't report on the girl-friendliness of the Sheraton from personal experience; I was dead tired after a 11pm arrival the one night I stayed there, and did not go out and do a barfine. It's been reported as girl-friendly elsewhere, however so do your own due-dilligence.

These are the only three 5* Sukhumvit-zone hotels reported on PL that I've ever seen on any of the PL bidding sites, and they seem to come up in order of frequency Westin most often, Marriott slightly less, and the Sheraton much less than the other two. I consider bidding for this zone safe, even if a girl-friendly hotel is a must as I'm sure it is for most of us.

I've seen mixed-reports on the girl-friendliness of the Shangri-La but there are some very good deals to be had for it on Priceline (in the Silom zone IIRC) so if you'd like a 5* and are willing to chance it, give it a shot and please do report back.

Alex P Keaton
10-04-04, 21:19
Skyway,

High season begins in Thailand, and prices go up, in November. (That's why I'm going from October 15-30.)

Ragnar
10-04-04, 23:22
I recently made a room reservation at Majestic Suites, Bangkok. Upon completion of the online form, I was given a confirmation number. Is this confirmation number all I need for the reservation? Is no credit card/deposit required? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ragnar

Rendorseg
10-05-04, 01:04
CENTURY PARK HOTEL --
I'll be staying there from about Dec 23 - Jan 3.
Does any one know if that is chica friendly or not?
Thanks lots.
Rendorseg

Easy Go
10-05-04, 03:09
I stayed at the Banyan Tree back in May and had no problem bringing my TGF back. You might want to keep it low key as it's an upscale place. I really liked it. The open air resturant on the roof is a very cool to have dinner.

If you want to walk out of the hotel and be in the middle of the action, it's not the place to stay. The taxi ride isn't far but the traffic can be a nightmare at times.

It's a bit out of the way but there were always taxis available. The only real problem was getting back as the typical taxi driver was unfamiilar with the hotel. Make sure you have good directions for the driver.

I ended up going to CM2 most nights and I found myself wondering why I wasn't staying at the Novatel. Can anybody tell me about the hotel?

Easy Go

ThaiDude
10-05-04, 06:13
The Davis is a very nice place to stay for the price. It's also owed by Chuwit, Thailand's former massage king, if that has any bearing on your decision. It's located at the end of Sukumvit 24. Centrally located in downtown but not walking distance to places you would want to go.

Banyan Tree is one of my personal favorites hotel in BKK. Easy Go is right about taxi having a hard time finding it because they're not familiar with the name. You should carry around the hotel's card/map with you at all time especially if you don't speak Thai or can't give direction in Thai. It's located in the financial district of Sathorn and might be far from the hobby action. Personally, that has no bearing for me so I tend to stay there.

Novotel. It's an aging 4stars hotel and the price is reflective of that. It's still nice/clean enough to stay and if you dig CM2 scene, perfect. It's located right in Siam Square (Thai version of Shibuya) so you hop outside and oogle at all the hottest girls BKK has to offer.

Gonzo2
10-05-04, 09:23
When to go to Bkk, the Grace hotel maybe good choice. On Soi 3 100m from Nana/Sukhumvet intersect. Price cheap or 1000b and security guard. If you have passport in locking box at ckeck in. Not for arab hater. Many arab stay here but not bothering you.

Food in restaurant ok and clean. Chery cheese cake I like. Room have 2 beds fridge, tv, centril a/c. Pool is ok for exercisng and not many people. Good barber shop 100baht. Girls some in 2 coffee shop and not good looking if you like big and mix girl, but have some next to street for 1000b. bowling alley, playing pool and ping pong. Easy to walk to beer garten and no car for accident. Foodland I walk in 3 minute.

I have a nice girl from by schwarma sandwich and fruit seller. By Grace hotel and we s/t with good kissing and shower too. No baby and tits very young for 22year. Tall thai and long leg. She give me satisfy and I give 1000b. Happy time I never forget.

Skyway
10-05-04, 11:36
Thanks all for the info. So what hotel would u rate as better quality Banyan Tree or Sheraton on Suhkumvet?

Phuquer
10-05-04, 16:55
Magnet,
I clicked on Forum Search to the left of the screen, then in Search by Keyword I typed Ambassador, in Search Options I selected Search Forum Thailand, then I clicked Perform Search. Within 30 seconds I had an answer to your question. I don't want to pick on you, but I would like all the new users to read through the forum first before asking simple questions that have been answered over and over. When you are a member of this board for a few months, you will see what I mean. This is a great board with tons of information at our disposal, but we all have to do our part to search for it. If it is not posted, then we should ask. It doesn't make sense to have the same questions answered 3 and 4 times. I hope you understand that my post is not attacking you, but giving you advice. Another piece of advice is that I would avoid staying at the Ambassador. Over the years I haven't heard any good reviews for this place. And the people that I know who have stayed there (non-mongers) have said that the place is run-down. There are better choices available very near there at the same price, or just a few $ more.

Coma Boy
10-05-04, 17:51
Ragnar.

Yeah, all you need is your booking confirmation number.

They have never asked me for a deposit or card details.

A very trusting and very convenient little hotel.

Enjoy.

Rendorseg
10-05-04, 20:30
Phuquer
As for myself, I indeed did my homework but alas my WSG search came up dry as regards CENTURY PARK HOTEL .... so if any of you know about this rather large hotel do kindly let me know...
Gracias.

Coma Boy
10-05-04, 21:15
Skyway.

IMHO Banyan Tree is much better than Sheraton.

ThaiDude
10-05-04, 22:55
Skyway,

Without a doubt, Banyan Tree. The one great and distinguising feature of every Banyan Tree BKK is that their all their basic room is a suite. Moreover, the interior, decoration, and feel of the place is that of a resort or a spa, albeit a high end one. Little details count and I love things like their toiletries, bath kit, bath robes, and two TVs (one in sitting room and one in bedroom).

Then there's their first class service. I became a convert at a very professional and courteous way they dealt with my couple out-of-control partyings there. If you have the budget to spare, try partying in their Penthouse where you have private elevator and floor to yourself...unbelievable experience.

I stayed at Sheraton Sukimvit's President Suite and I prefer Banyan Tree's normal room to it (unless you love having a huge size suite but then the prize will be a lot higher as well). Otherwise, the only advantage Sheraton Sukumvit has is that it's less than 5 minutes walk from the BTS.

I believe my corporate rate for Banyan Tree is at about $130 USD including ABF. If you decide to stay at Banyan and want that discount PM me. If you can do better through online reservation then more power to you.

Have fun.

Rat Fink
10-05-04, 23:08
I'm looking for cheap, plain (think motel 6) lodging in BKK close to everything. I also want to book online since it will be my first couple of days in country. Some searches have turned up Pinnacle Inn Sukhumvit for 780 baht when booked through farangs.com (early December).

http://www.farangs.com/pinnacle-inn-sukhumvit.htm

Does anyone have experience with this place? It's listed at 43 6/13-16 Soi NaNa Nue, Sukhumvit 3/1 Sukhumvit Road, which I simply cant parse as far as location goes. Most importantly, is it girl-friendly?

Also, anyone have experience booking on Farangs.com? They book through directrooms.com.

If it's an awful place, what would you reccommend in the <1000baht range?

Searched for info on the Pinnacle in the board, but found nothing.

Phuquer
10-06-04, 02:40
Rendorseg, I did a search for the Century Park and found remarkably little info about it. I was only able to find a website with the address/facilities info, and some prices. From what I saw, the prices for single and double are the same, so I would guess that it is guest friendly, but don't quote me on that. I'll try to email one of my friends in Bangkok to see if they can give them a call.

Global Citizen
10-06-04, 04:54
I have been to BKK several times over this past year and have always used this Brit travel agent to book my tickets and hotels - I am not sure if I am allowed to post his contact info so PM me if you want the details.

GC

Duckman
10-06-04, 06:17
Rendorseg,

The Century Park Hotel is a very nice hotel near Victory Monument. I don't know if it's girl friendly but I really doubt it. I've never seen any obvious working girls staying there. It hosts lots of asian tourist groups.

Their rooms are very nice. Comparable to the JW Marriot. It's much less expensive than the Marriot at less than $40US per night. It's a good place to take your girlfriend or wife.

Waterboy70
10-06-04, 06:28
Rat Fink,

Sukhumvit 3 is a major road quite close to everything and close to Nana plaza as well, but have not heard of the hotel, would be a small hotel, may be more for ST uses, would suggest Honey hotel in Sukhumvit 19, that is very girl froiendly, within woalking distance of both Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy as well as all the other entertainment places that you are looking for.

Happy hunting

Jodomas
10-06-04, 06:40
Rendorseg

Century Park Hotel-stayed there last May and it is not guest friendly. 1000 bath fee to bring a girl and I was booked as a double. Far from action.

Otherwise great value. Nice rooms, good service, breakfast lacks omelette station. Good 10-15 minutes uphill walk from Victory Monument BTS station.

I stayed there on my way back from Pattaya and my girlfriend was joining me the next day so it was a good choice.

Here is the hotel link:

http://www.centuryparkhotel.com/index.html

I have used Precision Reservations a few times and so far nothing to complain about. This is the link.

http://www.precisionreservations.com/ph-aspx-hotel_id.10643-db-hoteldatabase/HotelDisplay.htm

jodomas