PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Coma Boy
06-11-05, 15:58
MG did a lot more than just internet promotion, they had pretty extensive advertising and marketing campaigns, and received a lot of press attention, editorials etc.

But yes, definitely now the best choice for mongers who want to be within walking distance from NEP.

SB Lumens
06-12-05, 13:06
1ball,

I took you up on the great advice.

Got the Solitaire Suite package for $81, all included. Just checked in.

Just my luck, they upgraded me to a Premier Suite!! 80m2 of luxury!

Great call, Thanks!

SB

SB, not wanting to confuse you, but I say the President Solitaire. 3 minutes up the street for GP, but miles above.

But my overall choice would be neither. It would be the Majestic Grande.

Frankfurter
06-13-05, 11:28
i currently stay at the mg and it's really a great hotel. very nice gym, pool, sauna, good breakfast bar.

got the internet special, my room is in the 24th floor, great view towards siam square.

bringing the lady's, no problem, although they have to surrender their id, which is just fine.

i had problems getting my laptop to run on their wi-fi network and asked for assistance: they send up the manager, a gorgeous silk-clad lady in her late twenties, she was sitting in my room, fixing my computer and i couldn’t take my eyes off her crossed legs when she was working away! i didn’t have the guts to ask her, what she is doing after work! oh well! missed opportunity! went to [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)’s instead (again!)

Phuquer
06-13-05, 14:52
Frank, now what you have to do is fool around with the wi-fi settings again so it won't work. Then call the manager again and ask him to send somebody up to help you get it working again. When the silk clad girlie arrives and fixes it, then don't let the opportunity pass you by a second time. Just ask what she's doing after work. She won't get angry with you or anything. You just might score.

1Ball
06-13-05, 16:16
Frank, now what you have to do is fool around with the wi-fi settings again so it won't work. Then call the manager again and ask him to send somebody up to help you get it working again. When the silk clad girlie arrives and fixes it, then don't let the opportunity pass you by a second time. Just ask what she's doing after work. She won't get angry with you or anything. You just might score.

Of course. She only sees 200 middle aged guys, bringing in their hired help for the night, every single day. Go for it, she has never heard it before, and will be thoroughly impressed. !!! :rolleyes:

Phuquer
06-13-05, 16:45
:D I am sure. But if you don't go for it, then you will always regret it. While in China, I called the front desk to send help teaching me how to use a calling card (IP Card). They sent the young girl that takes care of my floor (each floor has a "key" girl that holds your keys when you go out. She was soooo sexy. I joked with her, but didn't ask her out. The next day, I gave her a small box of american chocolates. She was so happy, but didn't want to take them. I insisted, and told her that to thank me for the chocolates, she could go out with me for dinner. She couldn't that night, but said we could on Saturday (2 days later). Too bad my ex-sister in law came by later that night to take me to Guangzhou. The key girl was kind of upset. Didn't talk to me at all the next couple of days. If I would have acted quicker, I would have had a chance. BTW, I was staying in a hotel that has it's share of mongers, but I was polite, well dressed, and didn't fit the "typical" monger profile, I guess. YMMV.

Coma Boy
06-13-05, 16:53
i get plenty of dates that way.

remember- you will only regret the things you didn't do. (except perhaps if you make the katoey mistake).

or as some old greek dude once put it:

"you can never step in the same river twice; an opportunity missed is missed forever".

as long as you're polite she won't be offended, and so the worst that can happen is she says no. (or has you thrown out of the hotel, arrested, gang-raped and deported).

1Ball
06-13-05, 19:41
i. (or has you thrown out of the hotel, arrested, gang-raped and deported).

cb, you forgot to add gang-raped by a gaggle of katoeys !!

Coma Boy
06-13-05, 20:05
cb, you forgot to add gang-raped by a gaggle of katoeys !!i thought the collective term was "herd".

Freeler
06-13-05, 20:43
Coma,

I'd say a 'pride' fits better...

Joe Zop
06-13-05, 23:22
Yeow, that's just too irresistible to ignore! (And I will note that all of these are real terms, coming from various animal groupings.)

How about a shrewdness, a business, an obstinancy, a skulk, a bloat, a cackle, or an unkindness of katoeys? Or perhaps an intrusion, a boil, a siege, or a plague?

Though I confess these seem the most apropos:

a prickle of katoeys,
a down of katoeys,

or, best of all,

a gulp of katoeys... :rolleyes:

Coma Boy
06-14-05, 06:36
Good work JZ.

"Little Johnny was violently throat-fucked by a plague/siege/skulk/cackle/prickle of angry katoeys".

Hmm, all those terms seem to work well.

Whatever animal group uses the term "unkindness"?

Jimmy Red Cab
06-14-05, 10:04
Amazing what the internet can do for business. The MG has been open for what, 6 months, and already a wait list. it is the big brother of Majestic Suites, and we all know how that place is "Monger Central".

Good for them. Good service, nice rooms, good value, and bring in 10 girls a day, they don't care.

Majestic Grande now features in the 2006 Kuoni brochure for those of you who prefer package trips.

Nandu
06-14-05, 11:13
Hi all. I need help.

I'm looking for updates on hotels on or around Suk between B750 - B1200, with pool.
My short list so far,

Honey. (stayed there before....ok)
Woraburi. (seems nice, if a little far up Soi 4)
Miami. (get the impression its run down)
Stable Lodge
Royal Asia Lodge.
Ruamchitt Plaza.
Reno (away from action, but on skytrain)
Swiss Park

Is anyone able to give an update on these places, or suggest others. How would they compare to Nana?

Would I get a discount for staying 10 nights?

Thanks heaps.I have stayed at Royal Asia Lodge, the rooms are neat with TV, fridge etc and good Aircon, and they have a small pool which I do not use. It is a girlfriendly hotel and they have tuk-tuk to drop you at the Nana station as the hotel is about 5-6minute walk from Sukhumvit. You can try Ambassador also which is in the same tariff and GF hotel.

Joe Zop
06-14-05, 15:41
CB, it's an "unkindness of ravens."

Freeler
06-14-05, 16:21
Joe,

I'm wondering why you left out, certainly not forgot:D, a descent, a slither, a pitying and, of course...a wad:(...???

Dinghy
06-14-05, 16:44
Royal Asia "pool" is a very large hot-tub sized on the roof (just relax, can't "wai nam", though)

1Ball
06-14-05, 16:52
joe,

i'm wondering why you left out, certainly not forgot:d, a descent, a slither, a pitying and, of course...a wad:(...???

freeler, you win.

"gang raped by a wad of katoeys".

Joe Zop
06-14-05, 17:43
Freeler, great ones -- there are just sooo many to choose from, and I was trying to hold back, as this kind of thing plays into my worst tendencies... Always liked "a murder" as well, but how about a bloat, a prowl, a harem, a sneak, a siege, an infestation, a mischief, a destruction, a knob, a scurry, a pounce, a scourge, an ostentation, (gotta admit that "an ostentation of katoeys" is spot on) an ambush, a cowardice, an implausibility, a deceit, or a nuisance? Or even a "culture of katoeys" as with bacteria, or better still a "mutation of katoeys" as with thrushes... :D

Ok, I've simply gotta stop before I go over the edge!

Vision Thing
06-15-05, 02:43
I have stayed at Royal Asia Lodge, the rooms are neat with TV, fridge etc and good Aircon, and they have a small pool which I do not use. It is a girlfriendly hotel and they have tuk-tuk to drop you at the Nana station as the hotel is about 5-6minute walk from Sukhumvit. You can try Ambassador also which is in the same tariff and GF hotel.I stayed at Royal Asia Lodge last year and was not impressed at all. While the rooms were big, the cleanliness was poor and the deferential at best. While it does have the amenities Nandu mentioned, I think you can definitely get better value for money at the Stable or Swiss Park - even if they cost a few dollars more.

My 2 cents.

Shenzhenwizz
06-15-05, 04:32
Hi,

I am coming into Bangkok tomorrow and booked into Holiday Inn. Can some body suggest if it is a GF hotel. If it is not then what is the way around it ? Pls also suggest places nearby where i can find the action.

Thks a ton.

Coma Boy
06-15-05, 05:59
CB, it's an "unkindness of ravens."Ravens are very fucking cool.

Phuquer
06-15-05, 14:41
Hi Shenzhenwizz,

The best way around it is to RTFF and do a search for Holiday Inn Bangkok. This question has been answered and reported on over and over and over again.

Ralph Kramden
06-15-05, 14:58
Sorry about that Phuquer, but I am in a helpful mood.

The Holiday Inn-Bangkok is most definitely not girl friendly. I suggest you stay in the Silom Village area. The Silom City Inn is a not bad cheap business hotel that will make you register the girl, but for no charge.

It seems to me that with a name like Shenzhenwizz you need all the help you can get from a kindred spirit.

Shenzhenwizz
06-15-05, 15:56
Hey Ralph,

Thanks a lot. Would you pls suggest a few more Hotel options for me in the area that are girl friendly.

Thanks a lot!

1Ball
06-15-05, 16:17
I wonder if there are any computer experts out there who could write a program that brings up an automatic "RTFF, asked and answered" answer to someone who asks a question which has been answered 10 times.

You could forward it to Jackson, who could incorporate it into the forum.

JMHO.

Phuquer
06-15-05, 16:30
Ralph Kramden, nothing to be sorry about. Thank you for helping out. But this one is a really easy one to answer, and it really has been asked many times. All he had to do was click on "Search This Thread" right on the top of this page and enter Holiday Inn. His question would have been answered. If we keep on spoonfeeding the new members all the information, this forum will never move forward. I want the new members to learn to help themselves first. If after doing an honest search they can't find what they want, then an ISO or question post will be appropriate.

Ted Num
06-15-05, 17:05
Any updated info about Manhattan Hotel related to:

- service
- confort
- GF

Thanks a lot

Jimmy Red Cab
06-16-05, 02:36
Hi,

I am coming into Bangkok tomorrow and booked into Holiday Inn. Can some body suggest if it is a GF hotel. If it is not then what is the way around it ? Pls also suggest places nearby where i can find the action.

Thks a ton.

Oh Boy, have you picked the wrong hotel, nice enough place but NOT girl friendly, security will pounce as soon as you head for the lift, they charged me 1500 baht joiner fee a few years back---fellow mongers please note.

Hax
06-16-05, 08:38
My current choices offered by my travel agent are...

Indra Regent
Classic Place
Hotel Narai
Century Park

Looking to get back urgently to agent to get everything booked and signed off.

(Prices are all within a similar range with the deals offered by travel agent, Century park looks like the nicest from a web search)

Does anyone know if any of these are decent hotels?, girl friendly?, convenient for mongering? .... but also close to shopping, convenient for 'daytime' tourism?, (a swimming pool for relaxing would be good too) Also I'm there for 5 days after a trip to phuket (fri, sat, sun, mon, tue nights) ... where should i head first? (mid august) ... looking for a good show first then maybe some p4p if i find the right one.

Marpa
06-16-05, 09:13
Hax,

I'm not familiar with any of the hotels you mentioned, but I'm going to Bangkok in two weeks time and booked to stay at Dursit Thani Hotel. I was given very good recommendations i.e. girl friendly, very central for mongering (walking distance to Patpong), good Spa and swiming pool. It is a 5 star hotel, I booked on-line with
Precision Reservations and got a superior room for only USD 94 per night.

Hope this helps.

Marpa
06-16-05, 19:20
I stayed at the Holiday Inn last February. Unfortunately was there with the wife so wouldn't know much about GF but I would recommend you try the Massage parlour
downstairs, its full of young girls waiting to be called. You can have a girl come to your room or have a massage there.I had two massages, obviously not in my room, both girls were very quick to offer extras. I think I paid THB 1000 each time for the extras. The second time I was there the girl was an 8 about 22yrs and had her strip naked to give me a boob massage. Quite an experience !

Hi,

Thks a ton.

Naughty
06-16-05, 20:23
Does anybody got the skinny on the Prince at the corner of Nana Nua and New Phetchburi or the Promenade over on Soi 8?

(Yes I searched, and no, there are no hits on the search:) )

Phuquer
06-17-05, 05:14
Prince Hotel near Plaza Entertainment Center, right? I looked at it the last time I was in LOS. It looks pretty nice. Not sure if it is girl friendly, but I will guess that it is. Close to Plaza, but a little out of the way if you want to go to Nana Plaza, Soi Cowboy, or Patpong. I walked from Nana Plaza to Prince hotel, then past Soi Cowboy and it was a VERY long walk. My feet still throb when I think about it.

Singken Ken
06-17-05, 09:12
Hi everybody and greatings from Ibiza,

What about Nana Hotel? is girl friend?

If I go whit two girls to a double room I must to pay extra?

Thanks in advance

Singkenken

Dinghy
06-17-05, 13:28
Promenade is about 1000B, GF

Phuquer
06-17-05, 16:50
Was checking the info on the Prince Hotel. The one you are talking about on New Phetburi appears to be girl friendly (according to some other boards I read). Beware, though. There is another Prince Hotel, the Prince Palace Hotel. That one doesn't appear to be girl friendly, and it's in a different part of town. Make sure the taxi driver is clear about where he is supposed to take you.

Simmer
06-17-05, 18:35
...was there with the wife...had her [masseur] strip naked to give me a boob massage...Interesting. Either you're one of the rare females on WSG or you're a bloke with tits?

Coma Boy
06-17-05, 19:30
What about Nana Hotel? Is it girl-friendly?No comment.

1Ball
06-17-05, 20:22

Singkenken

No comment.

actually CB, I do have a comment.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME ??????????? YOU CAN'T TAKE 5 MINUTES TO RTFF? YOU MIGHT ACTUALLY LEARN SOMETHING YOU IDIOT.

(Sorry, It must be that time of the month)

JuiceSpike
06-17-05, 21:32
Yes, the Fucking NANA hotel accpets girls for FUCKING... NO fee! :D

juice

Marpa
06-17-05, 21:40
Okay Simmer, it was a bad choice of words. Sorry about that. What I meant to say is that the girl massaged me with her boobs.

Her boobs were pretty hard and natural, she poured oil over them,rubbed them all over my body, then worked on my prick till I came.

Interesting. Either you're one of the rare females on WSG or you're a bloke with tits?

Sean_Double
06-17-05, 21:56

If I go whit two girls to a double room I must to pay extra?

Thanks in advance

Singkenken
Singken Ken,
Yes, if you go with two girls to a double room you do have to pay extra; you will need to pay each girl.
Cheers,
Sean

The Traveler
06-18-05, 00:02
Does anybody got the skinny on the Prince at the corner of Nana Nua and New Phetchburi or the Promenade over on Soi 8?

(Yes I searched, and no, there are no hits on the search:) )
Naughty,

did you really search ?
I have posted about The Promenade a couple of times, answering the same questions :)

The Promenade at Soi 8 is definitely girl friendly.
Rooms are OK but nothing special, standard equipment, AC, TV, mini bar, in room safe (rather a box than a safe), queen size bed, bath tub and a bit worn down.
They have a pool and gym on roof top but forget about both. The pool is too small for being called a "swimming pool" and everything at the gym is broken.

There is a sign in front of the hotel saying the room rate is 1.000. Just tell them that you will pay cash and that you have been there before paying just 800 (old price) or 900 (new price).

It's better than the Royal Asia but you can get better ones if you book over the net and add just a couple of hundred baht.

Phuquer
06-18-05, 03:41
OH MY GOODNESS!!! One day, I truly expect to hear "Is it possible to find a girl to get laid in Thailand?" from somebody.

If for some reason you decide to read my itinerary (not that any newbies actually do read my itinerary, the FAQ, or any parts of this forum):

(http://www.*************.info/forum/showpost.php?p=364994&postcount=1460)

you will see that there is a small selection of hotels that are popular among the mongers. All the hotels mentioned are VERY girl friendly. No need to pay .01 satang more at any of them.

1Ball
06-18-05, 04:06
Phuquer, you are wasting your time. They find the site, empty their brain into the nearest toilet, and decide to ask a really dumb ass question. much easier than RTFF, where the dumb ass question, and dozens of other questions would be answered. it might also make for some interesting and sometimes amusing reading. Why don't they RTFF? Fuck if I know.

Morons.

might I suggest you merely post the link to your itinerary, without a commment, in the future. Would be interesting to read the follow up dumb ass question.

Joe Zop
06-18-05, 05:08

Amazing!!!

Congratulations, Singken Ken -- I truly believe that you have managed to post the single more idiotic question ever in the Thai area of the forum! I didn't think it was possible to come up with something that even I have absolutely no sympathy for answering, but you've done it, and so I hereby nominate this to the forum faithful: can we designate this the officially most silly question ever?

ROTFLOL!

Freeler
06-18-05, 08:51
Singken Ken,

Can you spell brain?
Do you have one?

Your 'question' goes to show what kind of people go to Ibiza... Like we didn't know:D!

Joe Zop,

Even you are at a loss over sooo much stupidity. I mean, is it an 'idiotic' question or just 'silly' after all?

Naughty
06-18-05, 14:06
[QUOTE=The Traveler]Naughty,

Did you really search ?
I have posted about The Promenade a couple of times, answering the same questions :)[QUOTE]

Yes, I really did, and no, I didn't get any hits. I have found the forums search function to be sort of hit or miss on a couple of occasions.

I heard from a Thai friend that Prince tends to actively discourage long noses, preferring to do business with asian customers so I wondered if anyone had tried it out.

I'm surprised the Promenade is in run down condition. It had a pretty good outward appearance when I was last in the area, though I didn't stay there.

JuiceSpike
06-18-05, 16:04
You guys have no patients.... wait until a Thai pro gets a hold of a newbie and takes him for a spin... :D

juice

Phuquer
06-18-05, 17:05
Mr. 1Ball, that is a good idea. When we get a question that can be answered either by the FAQ or the itinerary, we should just respond by quoting the question and then posting the link, either:

http://www.*************.info/forum/showpost.php?p=364994&postcount=1460

or

http://www.*************.info/forum/announcement.php?f=253

I think a lot of newbies don't even understand what RTFF means. I don't think that this is going to work, mind you. But let's try it as an experiment for at least a few days. No comments, just the links.

Phuquer
06-18-05, 17:08
You guys have no patients.... wait until a Thai pro gets a hold of a newbie and takes him for a spin... :D

juice
I don't even think he can make it from the taxi to the front desk at the Nana Hotel without getting snagged. I wish I could be there to see it. :D I wish they ( http://www.knk.samart.teleeye.net/ ) would put a camera in front of the Nana Hotel, Grace Hotel, and Nana Plaza, so we could watch all the action as it unfolds.

The Traveler
06-19-05, 04:44
I'm surprised the Promenade is in run down condition. It had a pretty good outward appearance when I was last in the area, though I didn't stay there.
Naughty,

that largely depends on what you are used to. The rooms are OK, but a bit old. Wallpapers and carpets often don't look that nice anymore and bathrooms sometimes would benefit from a new painting. They haven't renovated any room for over fifteen years. But all in all a fair price/quality ratio.

The Traveler
06-19-05, 04:47

juice
Juice,

since most of us aren't doctors we of course don't have any patients :)

Naughty
06-19-05, 05:18
Was checking the info on the Prince Hotel. The one you are talking about on New Phetburi appears to be girl friendly (according to some other boards I read). Beware, though. There is another Prince Hotel, the Prince Palace Hotel. That one doesn't appear to be girl friendly, and it's in a different part of town. Make sure the taxi driver is clear about where he is supposed to take you.I'm aware of the Prince Palace. It's about the only one you can find if you Google Prince. Over toward the river and old BKK, and located on the upper floors of a tall office building it is. Appears to be new and very nice as well as very reasonably priced (trying to build clentele and word of mouth to offset the central but somehow sort of isolated location I think.) I'll probably check it out, at least have a look, later this year when I do a little traveling.

I stayed in the Prince, the one on Phetburi once a few years ago but an Isaan lady I was traveling with booked the room. The staff seemed a bit surprised when I showed up and later on I heard about the hotels preference for the asian trade. Something about asians being less inclined to cause trouble when they come back to the hotel half blotto than other human sub-species are.

It was nice enough back then (a few years ago) but nothing special. Clean and comfortable etc, an excellent value. It had a fishbowl, but I got a strong impression that it was out of bounds for me; I think it was restricted to asians only. I'm sure you could have got a girl through a bellboy easy enough.

I was hoping to hear it had eased up as I happen to like the location for various reasons.

Prado
06-21-05, 15:49
Dear All,

Does any of you know which hotel is GF and has newly renovated rooms with decent shower and bathtub along Ratchadapisek road? Should be within my budget of BHT 2000 for a twin sharing. The only GF hotels I know are very run down for e.g Palazzo, Siam Beverly Hotel. Poor room atmosphere, no cable tv, low shower pressure etc. Felt embarassed when I brought back a girl from a top tier establishment nearby. Infact I was equally embarassed as if i was being stopped at the lift when I bring a girl back to a none GF hotel.

I just can't possibly treat myself with a luxury room and having able to bring a girl back! Help! Urgent!

Prado

Seydlitz
06-21-05, 17:30
I stayed at Palazzo three years ago. It was rather nice. I booked a junior suite for about 3.000 baht af far as I recall.

Top floor with balcony, large living room area, large room, queen sized bed, large bathroom.

Very girl-friendly. Nobody even blinked one evening when a Japanese customer came in with in tow two very provocative ladyboys sucking his thumbs :)

Not top-luxury, but more than decent. Next door to Mirage, one of the good MPs. The location is not great for Suk-mongers, although the metro system shoul dmake it more accessible than it was then.

Asian Monger #2
06-22-05, 01:42
Are there any girl-friendly-no-joiner-fee hotels in the Thaniya area or Ramaland Bldg @ Rama 4 road vicinity or near to Pan Pacific? I know that Montien is a BIG NO NO. My budget is around THB2,500~2,800. I'll be in BKK from 27~29 this month.

I searched for Majestic Grande located at 12 Sukhumvit road soi 2 but no idea if it's near to Ramaland Bldg.

Please advise. Thanks.

AM2

Fred Gold
06-22-05, 02:48
My company had put me at the Holiday Inn Silom. What I found that was that I gave the girl my room key and we walked in together, her obviously carrying the key. No one stopped her. Just make sure you tell her which elevator to take. Before about 22:00 security is very lax for bringing someone up. After then you just have to be more assertive. I think this should work anywhere.

Happy Hunting

Prado
06-22-05, 12:34
I stayed at Palazzo three years ago. It was rather nice. I booked a junior suite for about 3.000 baht af far as I recall.

Top floor with balcony, large living room area, large room, queen sized bed, large bathroom.

Very girl-friendly. Nobody even blinked one evening when a Japanese customer came in with in tow two very provocative ladyboys sucking his thumbs :)

Not top-luxury, but more than decent. Next door to Mirage, one of the good MPs. The location is not great for Suk-mongers, although the metro system shoul dmake it more accessible than it was then.Palazzo is still GF but I want a more luxury room for a treat, with a girl of course. I've managed to narrow down my search. Thanks to *********. I understand that there are only 2 GF hotels along Rachada Rd.

Merchant court and Palazzo. So, that left Merchant Court in hand. Anyone out there who has been to Merchant Court with a girl, pls comment. Is it really a GF hotel?

I was there once but never managed to get a girl back to my room. During the reception check in process, they asked for the other guest's name. Told them she was not in BKK yet but I wanted another key for her. Did not fill in the form but wrote her name (asked her for it in advance since I know this hotel might give me a bit of trouble). They gave me an extra key but as I mentioned before, never brought her back in the end and hence not able to tell if it is GF or not.

Prado

Gaolei
06-23-05, 23:34
Anyone been to these hotels recently. I have managed to get girls in these hotels, but I heard the Montien is guest unfriendly and Ramada charges a joiner's fee. I guess I just got in when nobody was watching.

Prado
06-24-05, 01:46
So anyone can provide help on GF hotel with decent room atmosphere?

Grand Hotel?

Emerlad?

Merchant Court?

Palazzo?

Will appraciate it. Thanks

Prado

Asian Monger #2
06-24-05, 03:08
Gaolei,
You are very lucky indeed! I stayed in Montien years ago and they charged 1,000 joiner fee. Hotel rates are high too! A definite NO NO.

Blue Flix
06-24-05, 13:44
http://www.bangkok-leconcorde.swissotel.com/
http://www.asiatravel.com/valuair/bangkok/merchant_court/

Swissotel Le Concorde (Merchant Court) is only GF friendly if you booked as double when you check in.

Else they will stop you and ask for additional payment. If you intend to bring someone back after 9pm, it is cheaper to check in as double than pay up later.

There are NO rooms below $2000Baht.

You pay for what you get. It is a VERY NICE high-class hotel.

Ralph Kramden
06-24-05, 15:08
Prado

The hotels you listed are all decent or much better, but that area is an MP district. If you want to meet up with women and take them to your room, I would suggest something closer to Suhmkumvit.

I can tell you from personal experience that the Emerald has no visitors charge during the day, but it does from the evening on. It is not a first class hotel.

The Merchant Court is a first class hotel. I would be proud to take any womean there, but GF, I don't know.

Prado
06-24-05, 16:28
Ralph,

I always visit the MP and later in the night bring the girl right after she gets off work. The proximity of the hotel is for my convenience since I can just walk back to my hotel and also bring her or get her to drop by without much effort. If it is a better idea to stay in Suhmkumvit, here is a list of some hotels labelled as GF hotels by bankok tonight:

Majestic Suites
Landmark Hotel
Grace Hotel
Star Inn Hotel
Grand President (Service Apt)
President Solitaire
Centre Point Sukhumvit
Manhattan Hotel
Somerset Hotel
Royal President
Drop Inn Bangkok
JW Marriot
Dynasty Inn
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Stable lodge
Emporium Suites
President Park

Any recommedations? I've never stay in Suhmkumvit before. Hope you can help a bit. Thanks

Prado

The Traveler
06-24-05, 17:16
Gaolei,

I used to stay at the Montien and also tried the Tawana Ramada once.
Both are girl UN-friendly, the Montien charges 1.000 as Asian Monger #2 said and the Ramada will charge you 800 baht joiner fee.

A friend of mine - a cute Thai btw - is a travel agent and just had a look at the rooms at the Ramada. She told me that it is not as good as it has been. Rooms are run down a bit.

Coma Boy
06-24-05, 19:34
Any recommedations? I've never stay in Suhmkumvit before. Hope you can help a bit. Thanks.From your list the best choices are:

Majestic Suites
Landmark Hotel
President Solitaire
JW Marriot
Emporium Suites
President Park

Plus, don't forget about Majestic Grande.

Ralph Kramden
06-25-05, 15:56
Prado,

I respect the fact that everyone has their own personal proclivities, but it seems to me you are paying double by boning a girl in an MP and then having her come to your room to spend the night. Keep in mind that she may start work around 6 to 7 PM and then service up to 6 or 7 customers, which means she could be pretty well used by the time she gets to your room.

May I suggest you arrange for her to come to your room in the afternoon before she starts work, when she is fresh. I did this a couple of times with a Mirage girl and it worked out (in actually) great.

From Coma Boy's list, the Emporium Suites sounds like a good bet to me. From there the Rachada MP district is only one BTS station and then 2 or 3 stops away on the subway, plus you will be well situated to look for free lancers in the Nana area.

Who knows, you might even run into Samus Aran at an Emporium restaurant and get tips from the "Master Monger" himself.

Prado
06-25-05, 16:43
Prado,

Keep in mind that she may start work around 6 to 7 PM and then service up to 6 or 7 customers, which means she could be pretty well used by the time she gets to your room.

May I suggest you arrange for her to come to your room in the afternoon before she starts work, when she is fresh. I did this a couple of times with a Mirage girl and it worked out (in actually) great.

From Coma Boy's list, the Emporium Suites sounds like a good bet to me. From there the Rachada MP district is only one BTS station and then 2 or 3 stops away on the subway, plus you will be well situated to look for free lancers in the Nana area.

Who knows, you might even run into Samus Aran at an Emporium restaurant and get tips from the "Master Monger" himself.Ralph,

I only go for the top tier models, they (models) only service max 3 customers a day. Sometimes 1 (real top tier model) arrangement with a very reliable mamasan. I normally don't take the same girl back to hotel if after visting the MP. Just a back up plan in case I really find one that I think it's worth the overnight companion. I find that staying near these MP are much more convenient since, if after the tiring pick I can just walk back for a rest and head back down if time permits. It really makes it far more convenient in terms of time for travelling esp the bad traffic during peak times. But since there is a subway in operation now, it doesnt make any difference. In the past, I had to beat the traffic in order to get to the MPs for the best selections and I found it a waste of time and very frustrating esp when the load was heavy.

Prado

Ralph Kramden
06-26-05, 05:05
Prado

I have a better understanding of your selection process now. You are in a much different and higher class league that most Bangkok mongers operate in. Therefore, you would probably be disappointed in chasing free-lance street tail, and should stay out of the Suhkumvit area.

Here are a couple of suggestions:

I stayed at the Fortune Hotel last December. It is a nice hotel, reasonably priced, in a great location adjacent to a shopping mall and right on a subway stop. About being girl friendly I don't know. I don't particularly like the bar scene, but like being serviced in the early evening at an MP and then relaxing the rest of the night. If I can make a good connection with an MP or other girl for outside activities, then that is fine.

I am looking to stay at the 4 Star Chayopaya Hotel on Rachada Road this next December. It is also very reasonably priced and near a subway stop. Don't know about GF status.

Other than that, you might check out the Merchant Court. I would call them before you book and ask what their guest policy is. It is not a busy hotel from what I have seen visiting there several times. They might be open minded.

Then there is always the Emerald. Here is a link to a reservation web site that lists Rachada Hotels and shows a map.

http://www.bangkokhoteltravel.com/bangkok_maps/ratchadaphisek_ramkhamhaeng.htm

Rhino Tusk
06-26-05, 05:51
I've stayed at Tawana Ramada once and didn't pay a joiner fee. However, I was stopped at the elevator by security on one occasion. I told them I had booked for 2 people and, interestingly, they let me register the girl on the spot. Other times, no security person was present and we went to my room uninterrupted. Agree with other poster that the hotel is showing signs of wear, but great location for patpong enthusiasts (if there are any left).

Prado
06-26-05, 15:59
Prado

Other than that, you might check out the Merchant Court. I would call them before you book and ask what their guest policy is. It is not a busy hotel from what I have seen visiting there several times. They might be open minded.

Then there is always the Emerald. Here is a link to a reservation web site that lists Rachada Hotels and shows a map.

http://www.bangkokhoteltravel.com/bangkok_maps/ratchadaphisek_ramkhamhaeng.htmRalph,

I might stick to Merchant Court. Will they actually tell you if it is possible to bring a MP girl back without any joiner fees? Actually I have been to both of the above mentioned. I posted something on the non GF of Emerald. Went through HELL with that hotel. Had an escort from Venus and at that time did not know there is such thing as GF hotels. She called from the lobby and said she was stopped by the lift man. I went down and blasted them since the receptionist asked me for BHT 500 joiner fee. At time I didnt know what joiner fee was but I was sure not going to pay. They gave up and I took the girl up after she left her ID without the receptionist after I threatened them. By the way, this Alex from Venus. He's crapt. Told me the girl was a free lance but it turned out that she was a girl from a bar. I never let her stayed overnight cause I was quite turn of after knowing she was not what it was claimed.

As for Merchant Court, they actually asked for the other guest's particulars during check in. So I'm a bit worried in this aspect since I am not going to be able to provide it since I dont even know who I'll be bringing back to my room. The last time I was there, filled in a MP girl's name that I got from her after quite a bit of persuasion since you know they never reveal their real names. But I never got the chance to try out to see if it works since she never turn up that night. She chickened out after knowing I had a sandwich at her MP. She knew I was damn horney and would fuck her all night non-stop. Anyways, I'll do the same this time and hopefully the girl will come without obstacles. Thanks for the suggestions. Will report once I get back from my short mongering trip to LOS. Ciao

Prado

Fast Eddie 48
06-27-05, 08:26
A W Grand business Inn open 6 month ago.

1200 baht a nite.

Location Sukhumvit Soi 11.

They also have a budget inn across the street for your budget monger for 500 baht a nite, very girl friendly and friendly and helpful staff.

Walking distance from Nana and Thermae. I stayed there 5 times already have a travel agent and business center.

http://www.awgroup.com

Coma Boy
06-28-05, 07:07
The lobby of that place (AW Grand Business Inn) looks great through the windows, and is a perfect location. But how are the rooms? Any pool? I was put off as the outside of the building looks pretty shitty, and it is only about five floors high, and I like being high.

I still think JW Marriot is a Nana monger's best bet, but have to say whether or not you stay there, anyone who misses Western food should check out their New York Steakhouse- my favourite non-Thai restaurant in BKK (after Wrap-It in Emporium). Excellent wines, excellent Martinis and unbelievably good meat, service, decor, waitresses etc.

Sabai
06-28-05, 09:17
Does enybody now anything about World Inn Hotel in Bangkok.

Is there any ploblems to bring gils to the hotel.

Spursman
06-28-05, 21:02
Dude,

World Inn is basically a short time hotel... Eden use it.

Stay there if you want - but I prefer to use it solely for fucking.

Jayf1970
07-01-05, 22:58
I had stayed there 2 years ago and liked it. They have a gym, swimming pool. It was 1200B a night if you rented for a week.

Anybody stayed there lately? Are they girl friendly?

Any other recommendations for monger friendly hotels that have a gym and a swimming pool? Or alternatively, are there any gyms (like Golds Gym) that one can visit in the area.

Thanks a lot!

Jayf1970
07-02-05, 02:08
Or would it be ok to show up without a reservation?

Thanks,

JayF

Alex P Keaton
07-02-05, 09:33
Or would it be ok to show up without a reservation?

It is low season, which means that you could show up without a reservation and get some hotel somewhere. But you might not get your first choice, particularly if it is a small, popular hotel like Majestic Suites.

The Traveler
07-02-05, 10:52
I had stayed there 2 years ago and liked it. They have a gym, swimming pool. It was 1200B a night if you rented for a week.

Anybody stayed there lately? Are they girl friendly?

Any other recommendations for monger friendly hotels that have a gym and a swimming pool? Or alternatively, are there any gyms (like Golds Gym) that one can visit in the area.

Thanks a lot!
jayf1970,

the GP is still girl friendly, no need to worry.
Some hotels in that area have nice gyms that can be used, but you need to pay a fee. Which one is best for you largely depends on your preferences (free weights, machines etc.)

The Traveler
07-02-05, 10:54
Is it a busy season ?
JayF,

the answer is yes and no, depending on your travel dates :D

Lorenzo
07-02-05, 14:13
If you're into luxury type hotels, as I am, you might be interested in the Conrad. Usually bringing girls back to luxury hotels in Bangkok is a strict no-no; as a rule you won't get any farther than the elevator. The Conrad is a pleasant exception. I stayed there last week and was able to walk right through the lobby with a girl a picked up at a bar, and took her to my room with no problem. I was so elated with by this that I did it a couple more times, still with no problem. Their internet rate for a room with king size bed is US$135 a night, which is cheap by international luxury hotel standards. The Conrad is on Wireless Road (Wittayu in Thai).

Lorenzo

Coma Boy
07-02-05, 14:50
Usually bringing girls back to luxury hotels in Bangkok is a strict no-no; as a rule you won't get any farther than the elevator.Actually, bringing girls back to luxury hotels is a yes-yes.

Metropolitan, Banyan Tree, Mandarin Oriental, Shangrai La, Regent, Royal Orchid Sheraton, Peninsula, JW Marriot, Conrad, Sukhothai are all extremely guest-friendly.

The staff in top-end hotels are usually well trained to treat the guests with respect and so it is considered the guest's prerogative whether or not he sleeps alone.

One forum-poster once very aptly quoted the JW Marriot's manager- "we practice hospitality, not morality".

I think it is only lower-end hotels with unscrupulous night-staff, or hotels that rely heavily on package tourists and families, and thus want to maintain a clean image that are unfriendly.

Prado
07-02-05, 18:03
Actually, bringing girls back to luxury hotels is a yes-yes.

Metropolitan, Banyan Tree, Mandarin Oriental, Shangrai La, Regent, Royal Orchid Sheraton, Peninsula, JW Marriot, Conrad, Sukhothai are all extremely guest-friendly.

The staff in top-end hotels are usually well trained to treat the guests with respect and so it is considered the guest's prerogative whether or not he sleeps alone.

One forum-poster once very aptly quoted the JW Marriot's manager- "we practice hospitality, not morality".

I think it is only lower-end hotels with unscrupulous night-staff, or hotels that rely heavily on package tourists and families, and thus want to maintain a clean image that are unfriendly.I totally agree with Coma Boy regarding the none GF hotels are ones which are low end with unscrupulous night-staff, or hotels that rely heavily on package tourists and families.

I had problems with the Emerald once but after i reliase that they rely mostly on package tourists and families. I began to choose other conveninet hotels nearby the MPs. Palazzo for e.g. are catered mainly for mongers and thus no problem at all. Don't know the rest nearby. As mentioned, I 'll report after getting back next week.

Prado

Prado
07-03-05, 02:16
Somewhere in the thread or in the forum, someone mentioned Precisionreservations.com has pretty good deals. However, I found out otherwise. This website charges an average of USD20 for their service charge on top of the room rates (incl. tax & SVC) for each erservations made. This is indeed not a very good deal. So please guys, dont recommend this website anymore. Thanks

Prado

Tingle Tree
07-03-05, 08:31
I recently spent 4 nights in Bangkok and stayed at the Majestic Grande Hotel having been a fan of the Majestic Suites in the past. I booked into a Executive Grande deluxe room and paid US$361 for the four nights.

The location is great as it's a short walk through Annie's car park to Nana.

There were no hassles about it being girl friend friendly, although one evening a clerk approached me at the lift and requested ID. I politely told him to mind his own business. No hassles.

The food service is pretty good.

I found the pool area small but enjoyable to use including the jacuzzi.

My only complaints involved low water pressure for hot water being on the 24th floor. Hot water was almost impossible to obtain in the shower and on one afternoon, none at all. Most times, I could get hot water in the bathtub. Strange problem? On two occasions, one of the lifts was out of operation resulting in a long wait.

The hotel represents good value for money and is a good alternative to the nearby Landmark. Staff and service are top class.

I'd happily stay at MG again so long as the teething problems had been fixed!

Raul D
07-03-05, 09:31
I'm looking into booking into the Majestic Suites but they don't actually show any of the rooms on their website. What's it like there? I'm also looking at the Grand President. It seems they have nice rooms for around 2000 BHT. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Raul

Alex P Keaton
07-03-05, 13:57
I'm looking into booking into the Majestic Suites but they don't actually show any of the rooms on their website. What's it like there?

It's an eight-story hotel with eight rooms per floor, four on each side. If your room faces the front, your windows will look out over Sukhumvit Road. If your room faces the rear, your windows will look out at the adjacent building if you're on a low floor or at the Nana sign if you're on a high floor. The rooms are relatively small but have a big bed, a decent bathroom with good hot water, a mini-fridge, a cable TV, and a closet with an electronic safe in it.

Coma Boy
07-03-05, 14:14
Raul D-

Even the Deluxe rooms at Majestic Suites are tiny, it is fine for a night or two, but any longer and you'd start to feel a little claustrophobic.

But it is obviously a great location (less than three seconds walk to the nearest hooker), and the rooms are new and nicely outfitted. Also has a good in-house movie channel.

Prado-

It is probably me that recommends Precision Reservations, I hadn't ever noticed the extra charges, yet have probably paid them a million times. Guess I should have paid a little more attention.

I like PR as they've always been very reliable and tend to use PR more for trips outside Thailand- Laos, Nam, Manilla, Yangon, etcetera etcetera.

Would be good to hear of other hotel-booking websites that any of you guys have had good experiences with.

Darren Roberts
07-03-05, 15:42
Lorenzo is right. This hotel very girl friendly. I bought back on five nights by Taxi and they were treated like royalty by the bell boys - etc.

There is also a disco in evening -Club 87- that is full of free lance hookers. However they get tipped off by bar staff of the guest status and charge accodingly e.g. 4,000 to 7,500 a night and hard to negotiate dwn because they know that someone else is on way (I was told the 4,000 quote was cheap for that place). I bought back two seperate girls from Soi Cowboy and one (for three!!!! nights) from Sukhamvit 1 Plaza. Much cheaper that way and as I said they were treated like my wife.

In the bar (at Conrad) one girl tried to sting me for all her previous drinks of herself and two friends, probably thinking that as I had a hard on and two gin& tonics I would not check the bill for a third drink. I just told the staff that I was not going to pay for there previous drinks and walked out (went to Soi and got an all nighter for 2,000).

One girl I found drunk in lift who collapsed when i was inside. Bought the lift down to ground (1st floor) and straight away a bell boy was there to look after her, telling me I could go and it was OK - so they probably monitor lifts.

Girls can not get to rooms by themselves, as you need to place your key card in lift and then it will only go to your floor.

As for the hotel itself - fantastic.

Prado
07-03-05, 16:12
Raul D-

Prado-

It is probably me that recommends Precision Reservations, I hadn't ever noticed the extra charges, yet have probably paid them a million times. Guess I should have paid a little more attention.

I like PR as they've always been very reliable and tend to use PR more for trips outside Thailand- Laos, Nam, Manilla, Yangon, etcetera etcetera.

Would be good to hear of other hotel-booking websites that any of you guys have had good experiences with.Coma Boy,

Here are the 2 websites that I often use. Quite realible. No service charge except www.chiangmai-online.com. There is a CHARGE of 4% by the Bank for payment by Credit Card which is absorbed by the travel agent.

1) http://www.resorthotel.net

2) http://www.chiangmai-online.com

I prefer to use agents based in Thailand. Their prices tend to be more competitive than the ones outside Thailand.

Anyone, if you think there are better deals out there than the above. Please shout out. Thanks.

Prado

Duniawala
07-03-05, 16:26
I always had great service from www.asiatravel.com. They are very professional. Rtaes are good and never had any problems with the reservations. And no surcharge.

Xpat05
07-03-05, 16:34
I'm looking into booking into the Majestic Suites but they don't actually show any of the rooms on their website. What's it like there? I'm also looking at the Grand President. It seems they have nice rooms for around 2000 BHT. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RaulRaul, Coma Boy and Alex have already provided great advice. My 2 cents are the Majestic Suites offer the better value for money. Many of the topaz and executive studios in GP are already a little run-down and for the price I definitely would not recommend this hotel. Majestic Suites offer a good location (though I would favor GPs location because of its proximity to Q-Bar, Bed Supper Club, my favorite street bars and some other places), nice BUT TINY rooms and a bad coffeeshop. However the rates are very down to earth. If the place is not fully booked yet for the time, you want to visit, give it a try. You will not regret it.

The Traveler
07-03-05, 21:12
There were no hassles about it being girl friend friendly, although one evening a clerk approached me at the lift and requested ID. I politely told him to mind his own business. No hassles.

Tingle Tree,

his request for your girl's ID was for your own protection. They often keep copies of the IDs in case you might find out later that something was stolen and they call you when the girl leaves the hotel alone to check back that everything is ok.

So - even if you were polite - telling him to mind his own business wasn't neither very smart nor a friendly gesture (mind your wording). He was just doing his job.

Lorenzo
07-03-05, 21:56
To respond to the feedback from my earlier post about the Conrad and the girl-friendliness of luxury hotels, I guess things have changed for the better since the late 90s. At that time I tried to bring a girl into the Dusit Thani and couldn't get as far as the elevator. I was able to sneak a girl into the Montien, although this is slightly sub-luxury. However, I seriously doubt that anyone could get a girl into the Oriental. I recently took a girl there for lunch and they didn't even want to let her in the front door, until they realized she was with me. I think it was because she was wearing a miniskirt. If anyone has been successful getting a girl up to a room in that renowned establishment, please post. I deliberately have refrained from staying there for that very reason, but if it is indeed girl-friendly I would love to do so, since it is reputed to be one of the world's greatest hotels.

Lorenzo

The Traveler
07-03-05, 22:28
Lorenzo,

as long as the girls are dressed properly they do not object and will let them in. If you are worried just buy your girl a long dress at a street vendor so that she can cover her miniskirt. As long as it isn't obvious that she is a P4P you will have no prob.

BTW, when I pick a gogo girl I usually expect them to wear jeans or a long dress but one once was wearing a miniskirt as well. I was quite shy about it, even though it was very sexy, because it looked quite slutty. The girl at the reception just smiled at me.

Regulars are usually dressed properly so no prob of bringing them back home no matter where you stay.

Seydlitz
07-03-05, 23:09
Lorenzo,

I would like to chime in; I do not believe that the staff in high-end hotels would make any fuss about your bringing a girl in, as long as she is not shockingly slutty. But that would be true anywhere in the world.

I have never stayed in a top-hotel in Bangkok, but I have taken a girl for drinks and snacks at the Oriental (the bar and the swiming pool area), and for dinner at the Shangri-La (nice Mongolian barbecue on the terrace along the river BTW). No issue whatsoever, and I am pretty sure that I would have been able to bring her to my room, had I been a resident.

Technically, I do not think that they could object to your choosing to spend teh night with this or that person, as long as you have booked a double room. They might want her to register, but that is in your best interest too.

Very little face to save indeed. The real embarassment is rather when you are with your own real long-term sweetheart, and she is treated like a guest for the night by hotel staff. In Thailand, any Thai lady seen in the company of a Farang man is often assumed to be some sort of prostitute anyway.

Coma Boy
07-04-05, 05:32
If anyone has been successful getting a girl up to a room in The Oriental, please post.Yes, can confirm this. The Oriental may be a little anal about some things, yet the service is excellent, and they treat your guests as well as they treat you.

Prado
07-04-05, 15:47
Tingle Tree,

his request for your girl's ID was for your own protection. They often keep copies of the IDs in case you might find out later that something was stolen and they call you when the girl leaves the hotel alone to check back that everything is ok.

So - even if you were polite - telling him to mind his own business wasn't neither very smart nor a friendly gesture (mind your wording). He was just doing his job.I totally agreed with what The Traveller has said. If the staff only wanted the ID, then it should be fine and nothing very offensive. It is also for the hotel's own safety. Just in case the girl nick any stuff belonging to the hotel. I think they are more concern about their belongings more than the guest's. Just my 2 cents.

Prado

White Tiger
07-05-05, 01:17
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has used Grand Diamond hotel before in their stay in Bangkok? Any info on it is greatly appreciated.

Travelling with family this time so won't be looking at hotels on Sukhumvit, most likely to be staying in hotels near Siam area for shopping purposes.

Thanks in advance

WT

Coma Boy
07-05-05, 07:38
Travelling with family this time so won't be looking at hotels on Sukhumvit.There is more to Sukhumvit than just sex, in fact it is the longest road in all of Asia.

There are plenty of great hotels on Sukhumvit that aren't full of sex-tourists.

White Tiger
07-05-05, 10:34
Hello CB,

That's not what I meant, sorry for the misunderstanding.

What I'm trying to say is I'm looking for hotel in Siam area so its closer to the shopping, and as for sukhumvit its closer to nightlife.

I know where to find hotels that's pack with sex tourists. Hotels in Pattaya :)

Does anyone know which hotel in the Siam area that has massages that provide FS? :D

WT

Tingle Tree
07-05-05, 14:18
Traveller, I take your point. But, I spend about 3 months year in hotels and am usually escorted by lovely, local ladies, so I am hardly new to this game.

My view is that as the customer (who books a double) I will decide if the lady is to register or not. In this particular case, the lady had already stayed with me for several nights so she was known to be staying with me.

Why I took offense is that a group of 3 couples were standing waiting for the lift and he singled her out. Her dress was more than suitable.

I know a bit about loss of face, so his action was unappreciated and inappropirate for him to initiate unless it was done for all present. I was not rude but stated that registration was my decision and not necessary.

By the way, for the first time I was challenged at a large hotel in Singapore and I was then very assertive to the clerk advising that I never had a problem at the hotel in the past. In that case, I believe he was looking for a 'backhand' payment after midnight and unsupervised. For the record, a double room was booked.

Otherwise, the majestic Grande was great and very, very girl friendly.

I also know that despite some observations some hotels frown on guests, restrict to one person only as a guest for several days or demand guest fees.

Love Bangkok but head to Indonesia next!

Tingle Tree
07-05-05, 14:33
Traveller,

I take your point. But, I spend about 3 months year in hotels and am usually escorted by lovely, local ladies, so I am hardly new to this game.

My view is that as the customer (who books a double) I will decide if the lady is to register or not. In this particular case, the lady had already stayed with me for several nights so she was known to be staying with me.

Why I took offense is that a group of 3 couples were standing waiting for the lift and he singled her out. Her dress was more than suitable.

I know a bit about loss of face, so his action was unappreciated and inappropirate for him to initiate unless it was done for all present. I was not rude but stated that registration was my decision and not necessary.

By the way, for the first time I was challenged at a large hotel in Singapore and I was then very assertive to the clerk advising that I never had a problem at the hotel in the past. In that case, I believe he was looking for a 'backhand' payment after midnight and unsupervised. For the record, a double room was booked.

Otherwise, the majestic Grande was great and very, very girl friendly.

I also know that despite some observations some hotels frown on guests, restrict to one person only as a guest for several days or demand guest fees.

Love Bangkok but head to Indonesia next!

The Traveler
07-05-05, 20:37
Tingle Tree,

your respond to the clerk sounded a bit aggressive and you haven't mentioned these details.
In this case I think it was correct to set things straight with him.

Coma Boy
07-06-05, 05:03
Why I took offense is that a group of 3 couples were standing waiting for the lift and he singled her out. Her dress was more than suitable.She may have been suitably attired but Kohn Thai can spot a bar-girl a mile away.

Frankfurter
07-06-05, 12:59
Quote:
I know a bit about loss of face, so his action was unappreciated and inappropriate for him to initiate unless it was done for all present. I was not rude but stated that registration was my decision and not necessary.

Tingle Tree:

Don't worry too much about 'loss of face'. Although the concept is very important in SE Asia, the girl is a pro and couldn't care less. She is so cool about the incident you describe that 'loss of face' is the least idea which crosses her mind at that moment IMHO.

Acerboy
07-06-05, 15:54
MG superior room was small but otherwise the service and staff was very good. The rate was USD62 for 2 with breakfast. Check out www.asiarooms.com .No issues with visitors as I saw many mongers with girls.

The Traveler
07-06-05, 18:17
Frankfurter,

I am not sure, but guess that Tingle Tree felt embarrassed that the clerk asked for her ID in front of other guests. Therefore I guess he meant that he lost face.

Anyway, any Thai staying with a farang will be looked at as a P4P girl, no matter if she is one or not.

Probably the clerk didn't know that she was already staying with him for a few days, so he might be excused. On the other hand he could have done that in a smarter way and no need to do that in front of other guests.

Dick Hackman
07-15-05, 08:47
I use Precision reservations regularly. Works great.

I got a pretty nifty room at the Davis hotel for $55/night incl. taxes and fees.

Does anyone know if they are Girl Friendly? Is there a polite way to approach the subject? Is it only a matter of having booked for double occupancy?

There are no signs posted and the place is rather swank.

Coma Boy
07-15-05, 20:59
Have previously stayed at The Davis without any problems.

Just ignore any comments when you return to your room, it is unlikely they will say anything but if they do then politely find a way to say- "Why the fuck do you think I booked a double room you piece of shit!".

Politely, of course.

Fman
07-16-05, 07:25
Hi All,

I will be in bangkok in tuesday evening. I could not book hotel for some reason. This is my third visit. Now, could someone please help me which is the best hotel I can go and get a room. The hotel should be with swiming pool and girl friendly. I prefer shukhmit or MP area. What about the GP or president park? do they charge more, if not reserved? my plan is three days.

Please help?

The Traveler
07-16-05, 19:38
Fman,

it's low season and there shouldn't be any prob to get a room anywhere.
The price largely depends on your bargain skills, you can get a better price by just walking in (again, it's low season) but some internet prices are hard to beat.

Why not use a local travel agent ? There is a small travel agent in Suk Soi 5 right hand side, a bit before Gullivers. She once got me a good rate for the Royal President.

Phuquer
07-17-05, 18:30
I use Precision reservations regularly. Works great.

I got a pretty nifty room at the Davis hotel for $55/night incl. taxes and fees.

Does anyone know if they are Girl Friendly? Is there a polite way to approach the subject? Is it only a matter of having booked for double occupancy?

There are no signs posted and the place is rather swank.
Isn't the Davis Hotel owned by the massage parlor king Chuwit Kamolvisit, the guy that wanted to be Governor of Bangkok??? I would guess it is girl friendly.

Coma Boy
07-18-05, 05:45
Isn't the Davis Hotel owned by Chuwit. I would guess it is girl friendly.The Davis is girl-friendly.

John Aldrich
07-18-05, 16:57
Why dont you try nana hotel through their website. I got a great deal there. Room with breakfast 1230 Baht. 24 hour check out. No payment online. Login to their website. I think its www.nanahotel.com or go through google. If you go through other discount portals the rate is higher. And it is centrally located, girl friendly, decent swimming pool, disco and bang opposite nana entertainment center apart from that walking distance to all the mongering places and the sky station too.

Cheers,

Hi All,

I will be in bangkok in tuesday evening. I could not book hotel for some reason. This is my third visit. Now, could someone please help me which is the best hotel I can go and get a room. The hotel should be with swiming pool and girl friendly. I prefer shukhmit or MP area. What about the GP or president park? do they charge more, if not reserved? my plan is three days.

Please help?

Gaolei
07-18-05, 20:47
A few years back, I was staying at the Holliday Inn, but the place was such a hassle that I wanted to find something else. I saw the Ramada and, since I had a hotel card for them, I decided to try to stay there. I went to the front desk and was quoted an outrageous price for a room for the night. I had just seen a sign in a window of a travel agent down the street that had a great price, so I asked the hotel for the same deal. They said the price was impossible. Well, I walked out and down the street to the travel agent and booked the room for a great price. An hour later, I had my luggage and checked in at the impossible price and got a good room.

Just to show, the travel agencies can often do much better than the hotel, so stop in in Pattaya before heading to BKK and book the room, or stop at an agent in BKK.

PS, the Ramada was a hassle, but just a small hassle.

Chris H
07-19-05, 06:12
Hi All,

Please help?

I have only stayed at Majestic Suites, and that is the only place that I will stay. Great service and location, and very girl-friendly. I think it will be hard to beat, except if you are lookiing for a luxury hotel, which this is not, but perfect to bring the females back to.

Chris H

Coma Boy
07-19-05, 11:13
Ignore Chris H's recommendation- Majestic Suites does NOT have a pool.

Majestic Grande does though, as does JW Marriot etc. etc. etc.

Frankfurter
07-19-05, 11:24
Coma,

I think Chris confuses the Majestic Suites with the new Majestic Grande, which certainly has a nice pool (and gym, sauna etc.)

AliasDonkey
07-19-05, 13:33
Any one used www.asiarooms.com to make hotel reservations?

The reason I'm asking is I don’t know if this is a legit site as it was never mentioned in the FAQ before as far as I know.

They have the cheapest rates so far on the hotels I'm looking at.

Phuquer
07-19-05, 17:26
They said the price was impossible. Well, I walked out and down the street to the travel agent and booked the room for a great price. An hour later, I had my luggage and checked in at the impossible price and got a good room.
Had a similar experience when I went to Macau in December. I was in Guangzhou headed to Macau and it was getting late. I decided to call some hotels to book a room before I got to Macau. I called all the numbers I could find and all said sorry, they were fully booked. Then I asked a friend in Guangzhou and he said "No problem, an agent here could find you a room in Macau". He wasted so much time, and in the end told me "Sorry, fully booked. You can try to find a room when you get to Macau." I didn't want to head to the Macau Airport and sleep there, so I asked to be taken to an internet bar in Guangzhou. There, I went on Travelocity and was able to book a room in a hotel that I had called on the phone and they had said they were booked. I paid for the room through Travelocity. When I got to the hotel, the girl that told me they were booked checked me in. I had to wait a few minutes as they finished cleaning the room, but everything worked out.

Chris H
07-19-05, 17:49
I have only stayed at Majestic Suites, and that is the only place that I will stay. Great service and location, and very girl-friendly. I think it will be hard to beat, except if you are lookiing for a luxury hotel, which this is not, but perfect to bring the females back to.

Chris H

Where on this post do you see that I said that the Majestic Suites has a pool? Come with your facts straight or learn how to read.
I also need to learn how to read, because FMAN did say that the hotel needs to have a pool. My fault.

Chris H

Coma Boy
07-19-05, 18:25
Fear not- I know you didn't say that MS had a pool.

Just wanted to keep the F-Man happy.

Daring Mood
07-19-05, 18:52
Staying at the Silom City Inn (http://www.silom-cityinn.bangkok.com/rooms.htm). Rate Baht 1300 for two / Baht 1100 for one, for double standard room, inclusive breakfast (not bad) for two and wireless LAN. Quiet location (between Surawong and Silom Soi 22 ---5 minute Tuk Tuk ride from Patpong and the Sala Daeng BTS [which will get you to Nana/Asoke areas]), very comfortable, friendly staff, and above all GF (if you go for the Baht 1300 rate, no hassles bringing your own woman). Highly recommended.
You can make a booking before you come to Thailand, even if you arrive 2.00am, and they don't require credit card details.

Cheers
Daring Mood

SB Lumens
07-20-05, 09:42
Asiarooms.com is a great site. The hotel quotes can't touch their prices.

BTW, I saw a post recently which touted:

www.precisionreservations.com

Beware. They add on a chunk of fees in the booking process.

Good Luck,

SB

The reason I'm asking is I don’t know if this is a legit site as it was never mentioned in the FAQ before as far as I know.

John Aldrich
07-20-05, 19:14

Yes I did to travel to bangalore in India. It turned out to be much costlier than even the published rate, forget the discounted rate. I checked into Taj West end through them and they charged me @ US$210 + taxes per day. Luckily I paid just for one day. When I landed there I realised the published rate was just about US$ 145 plus taxes, but then I had already paid through the credit card. I extended my stay there on the listed tariff of US$145 plus taxes for then next 5 days.

I wrote back to Asia Rooms with the copy of the bill that I received for the 5 days vis a vis the forst day when I booked through them. And I got an answer that they levied a service charge on the rack rate and that is why it was costlier.

Have never tried them anywhere else after that. You could be right. Maybe they are not legit.

Coma Boy
07-20-05, 20:16
Asia Rooms are legit, they are just unreliable, some hotels won't honour reservations made through them. Not sure why.

Acerboy
07-21-05, 05:22
Asia Rooms are legit, they are just unreliable, many hotels won't honour reservations made through them. Not sure why.I have booked rooms twice via Asia rooms in Bangkok. One was Majestic Grande. No problems at all in checking in and even getting early check in. Their rates was cheaper than going directly to the hotel or other websites. Maybe they have a good presence in Thailand, that is where their call centre is. My 2 cents.

AliasDonkey
07-22-05, 02:08
Asiarooms.com is a great site. The hotel quotes can't touch their prices.

Good Luck,

SBYah I did a test run with www.precisionreservations.com and they do tack on a tax per day at the end. This of course is not shown in the price on the initial web page.

So I take it you do use asiarooms.com? So is it legit?

How about you the rest of you guys do you use something else or used this search engine before?

Member #4611
07-22-05, 06:54
I have found www.accomline.com to be reliable.... have booked hotels around the world with them and generally seemed competitive. No hidden fees and you get reward system dollars to be used against future purchases.

Cheers,

FK

Frankfurter
07-23-05, 05:16
I knew it would happen:

All the Arabs moved over from the Grace Hotel to take over the Majestic Grande, the lobby looks the Al Alwi Soul in Jeddah, in the back where the fish market is.

AliasDonkey
07-24-05, 03:33
I knew it would happen:

All the Arabs moved over from the Grace Hotel to take over the Majestic Grande, the lobby looks the Al Alwi Soul in Jeddah, in the back where the fish market is.Thanks for the inadvertent info i guess since i am a westerner of a country that is historically non arab friendly I better watch out LOL.

Coma Boy
07-24-05, 09:15
Thanks for the inadvertent info i guess since i am a westerner of a country that is historically non arab friendly I better watch out LOL.Yeah, watch your back dude, they will definitely kill you if they get you alone in the lift.

Beware!

Gyaos
07-26-05, 19:16
Good Luck,
SB

I just used them and what they are doing is adding the 17% tax + a very small service fee. They flatten it out to $10 per day. Unfortunately, Presicion Reservations are now doing it for Planet Holiday. Planet Holiday was much better when they did it themselves and were also all inclusive of the tax. Now the tax is seperated. They offer a best-rate guarentee, but mixing, matching, etc. could be so time consuming.

Anyway, right now it's $49 + $10 here or at Asiarooms it's $53, all in. Both have breakfast. So long as the reservation works, I'll be quite happy either way. Next time, I'll be shopping harder. When I booked, it was $48 + $10. So I'm paying $5 extra, $15 for 3 days. The difference of a morning newspaper delivered.

I sure can't wait when everyone who's controlling the price of oil and gas are arrested, however.

Gyaos.

C Me Type
07-31-05, 17:54
Fellow Brothers,

Does anyone know if the Windsor Suites are girls friendly. My buddy's first time going to LOS in Mid August. Checked the board already, but no information on this hotel. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Cmetype

Coma Boy
07-31-05, 18:15
Officially Windsor Suites is NOT guest-friendly, but you should be able to talk your way around any joiner-fees.

Fast Eddie 48
07-31-05, 22:53
Fellow Brothers,

Does anyone know if the Windsor Suites are girls friendly. My buddy's first time going to LOS in Mid August. Checked the board already, but no information on this hotel. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

CmetypeSee me type.

This happen to me the first time i stay there 4 yr ago. Security stopped me and
my babe told me there is a 400 fee to bring girl back. I went to the front desk
talk to shift manger and told him "We will check out" He said "Have the girl reg
id no charge. I walk by the security show him my wallet and smile.

This also happen to me in ambassdor. I also got away from paying. 4-5 star hotel is good only if you need a larger pool. From now on i stay in the small hotel or ask up front if you can bring girl back or not just to be safe.

The Windsor suite cost about 2200 baht a nite. They also have a smaller inn across the street about 1400 baht a nite. Check www.asiaroom.com

You can use the pool and faculity in the hotel.

Fast eddie 48

Hooky
07-31-05, 23:20
It looks like I will go with the Majestic Grande for my brief September trip. Price is at ~$70/nite which includes tax, etc. When I inquired with Precision Reservations I also notice a discrepancy in the posted price of $59 and the $70 quote that I got. It was easily explained using the "live chat" help function--as mentioned the $70USD figure included the taxes. Howver I intend to book directly with the hotel using their website. (same price)

Originally I thought I would go the Priceline route and probably get the JW Marriott, it looks like it is going for around $83/nite currently.

I think I will be happy at Majestic, though I wonder if another $10-15 is really that much more for the Marriott. Oh well, I can always stay there on my next trip! Sometimes I just think too much!

While I am there, I hope to also check out some other properties for future reference, like Royal President and a couple other "upscale" but not too pricey places.

Good source of information here.

Prado, I PM'd you, hope you are still around, I am interested in hearing more about how you operate in BKK. High-end model types sound pretty good to me! I tend to prefer quality over quantity. On my short list are Eden Club and one of the BJ Bars, perhaps Lol ita since they have a website at least, makes me think it might be a nice environment! (Then again I may be wrong!)

I am up for any suggestions, this is my second trip to BKK, the last one was a few years back though! Stayed at Nana Hotel last time, I have a bit more discretionary income at this point and want to optimize my experience! I very much enjoyed hanging out in the lobby at Nana and learning from the experience of the old-timers that gathered there everyday. Haha, back then the net was pretty new still and I was working off of Mac Horn's "A Gentlemen's Guide to the Erotic Women of Asia" book that a friend gave me! Lol that brings back memories!

Cheers!

PS I like this map from the HotelTravel website: http://www.hoteltravel.com/thailand/bangkok/sukhumvit_map.htm
It has a nice (though not complete) list of the hotels in the Suk area with corresponding numbered icons on the map.

Hooky
08-01-05, 18:50
***CORRECTION TO PREVIOUS POST***

I didn't realize at the time I posted that the Priceline figures I gave for JW Marriott DO NOT INCLUDE TAXES, whereas the $70/nite rate on Maj. Grande does include the taxes.

That would actually make the JW Marriott prices from Priceline come up to around $100 based on Pricelines taxes and service fees.

Sorry for any confusion, I was a little info deficient on that myself.

====================================================

BTW the Rembrandt looked appealing and very reasonable, however they told me (by email) that there was an 1100B joiner fee for an overnight companion(only sir).

1Ball
08-03-05, 17:00
there was a mention of the AW Grand Business inn, on soi 11, a few weeks ago, by CB. Does anyone have any concrete info on this place? quality, price, etc?

Will be in BKK in September, and thought I would give it a try.

Oh, and CB, let's finally have that beer ?

JuiceSpike
08-03-05, 17:55
1 ball,

That hotel is right off Suk on soi 11. It's a new hotel and I believe the rooms range between 700 to 900 bt. Cheap. The rooms look a little cheap too (brochure) but they are new.

juice

Coma Boy
08-03-05, 18:51
Have never stayed there, but walk past a million times per day. It looks nice from the outside, probably a great budget option, and in such a perfect location.

1Ball- am in BKK permanantly now, so yeah, whenever you're in town let's chase ladyboys together...

Hooky
08-03-05, 23:56
To me, the rooms shown in the photos on the website for AW Grand Business Inn don't really look that new or modern.

Here is the link to their website, click the banner for the photo thumbs page: http://www.awgroup.com/gbi/home.htm

Rates are as follows, I had a little trouble finding the page they were on so put the link for that as well.

The Grand Business Inn
( Sukhumvit Soi 11 City Center ) American Bkfst: INCL single 1200 twin 1500 triple 2000 JUNIOR SUIT 2000 THB. /Room/Night .01APR05-31OCT05

http://www.awgroup.com/hotel/hotel_data_B.htm

=======================================================

Is the assumption that this place is GF? Anyone know for sure? (I know, RTFF!!!! Lol! )

1Ball
08-04-05, 00:38
so CB, you live on Soi 11? you sly dirty dog, smack dab in the middle of
"the pink".

There is a woman in a pick up truck who makes the best boiled chicken and rice, she parks right at the curb by Zanzibar. She was there 3 months ago, have you seen her?

Hey can you do us a favor, and walk into the AW, and look at the rooms, and ask if GF ?

Thanks a bunch.

Coma Boy
08-04-05, 04:00
So CB, you live on Soi 11? You sly dirty dog, smack dab in the middle of "the pink".

Hey can you do us a favor, and walk into the AW, and look at the rooms, and ask if GF?I am just staying in the pink zone while I am waiting to move into the property I bought. I would never dream of buying in that area, because as you know I am the perfect gentleman.

The lobby of AW looks excellent, I will pop in sometime and ask about rooms and hookers.

(PS: This is funny- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/essex/4741017.stm )

Fast Eddie 48
08-04-05, 22:23
AW Grand is girl friendly. I stayed there in Jan this year. They was just opened. 1200 baht a nite. The room is very nice and clean much larger than Majestic Inn. They will check girl ID and call you by phone make sure is everything is ok before the girl leave the lobby.

I also stay in the old AW Business Inn across the street. 500 baht a nite. The
room is half the size and not as clean.

Fast Eddie 48

Magna White
08-10-05, 09:11
Hi,

I will be in Bangkok next month. While trying to find a decent room for around 1000b per night, I wonder if here is any hotel offer in room internet connection within this price range. I used to stay in Pataya where some new hotels start to offer this service (The Metroploe, Pine Wood residence, ect.).

My job needs me to keep hooked up all the time even I am on vacation.

Cheers!

AliasDonkey
08-10-05, 15:26
[QUOTE=Hooky]It looks like I will go with the Majestic Grande for my brief September trip. Price is at ~$70/nite which includes tax, etc. When I inquired with Precision Reservations I also notice a discrepancy in the posted price of $59 and the $70 quote that I got. It was easily explained using the "live chat" help function--as mentioned the $70USD figure included the taxes. Howver I intend to book directly with the hotel using their website. (same price)

I got a cheaper price through asiarooms.com ($61)

Gyaos
08-10-05, 21:30
The Windsor Suites Hotel is not girl friendly after 10pm. If you bring a girl after 10pm, they will charge you 1000 baht (guest room rate). This is strictly listed in their manual and they adhere to it. This will also happen if the girl comes to meet you too like at 1am, unless she is registered to stay.

Book a double and register the girl before hand and you won't have trouble. Also, if the hotel knows you, they won't bother you as days progress. Ironically, Sheraton Grande is girl friendly, but their room rates are double/triple that of Windsor, so go figure. Is it easy to Priceline Sheraton Grande? Let me know.

As for the next door Windsor Hotel from the Windsor Suites, I recommend staying in the Windsor Suites instead. Good price, good security (so far since I've stayed there) and friendly people. Excellent breakfast spread, decent restuarants and their room service menue is affordable and has very delicious items. Many from Japan stay in the Windsor Suites and I like the hotel very much. Since I speak Japanese, I fit right in there. The room is just what I look for. It's just right for me.

Gyaos

SoftLover
08-11-05, 09:51
Hi,

I will be in Bangkok next month. While trying to find a decent room for around 1000b per night, I wonder if here is any hotel offer in room internet connection within this price range. I used to stay in Pataya where some new hotels start to offer this service (The Metroploe, Pine Wood residence, ect.).

My job needs me to keep hooked up all the time even I am on vacation.

Cheers!I just walked into the Grand Business mentioned below ro take their card. They confirmed the price of THB 1200 for a single and said that wireless Internet in the rooms is free. I'll definitely try it next time.

I am currently using the free wireless Internet at the lobby of Grand President where I booked a Topaz Suite through wired-destinations.com at USD 43.

Magna White
08-13-05, 02:11
Softlover,

Many thanks for the info.

I will try it out next month and post what I find there.

Hooky
08-13-05, 03:38
Softlover, could you give us a rundown on your impressions/experience with the Grand President?

====

In response to the question about the Sheraton Grande, apparently the JW Marriot is the most common 5 star hotel to get with Priceline when you ask for Sukhumvit area. Though it is possible to get the SG or the Westin Grand. There is a whole intricate way that the bidding works there, I found that the forums on betterbidding dot com explains it pretty well if you are willing to do a little reading.

====

BTW I finally booked at the Majestic Grande at ~$70USD/nite on their website ("Grand Superior" room). I figured if I wanted to change anything about my reservation, then I could do it directly and wouldn't have to go back through an agency.

I didn't go for the larger room although it was only ~$6 more, the reason being that it was stated here that the larger rooms ("Grand Premier") on the 8th floor should be avoided due to water noise from the restaurant below on the 7th floor. But when I pulled up the available rooms on the website, the only Grand Premier rooms were all located on the 8th floor. So that is why I took a pass on that. (I don't like noise!!!) ;) I can't even tell if there are any of those rooms on any other floors. Anybody know?

Kens14
08-14-05, 12:41
Short Field Report:

Just come back from BKK stayed at Manhattan Hotel Soi 15 for 5 nights, then after travelling came back and stayed at The Raumchitt Plaza (corner of Soi 15) for 4 nights.

The Manhattan - booked through UK tour company (East Siam) and got a rate of 980 Baht/night for a double. This is great value as Manhattan are doing 1,700 on the internet. This hotel is lovely, clean and totally GF (as long as you book double). However, the buidling noise from the back is horrific in the morning - so ask for front room.

Raumchitt Plaza - we arrived back in BKK at 12.30am, so had to find somewhere quickly - Manhattan was full, so popped around corner Raumchitt offered double at 1,200/night. The rooms are pretty jaded, but it was essentially clean and had ac, hot water, etc. They are not just girl friendly in this hotel, the whole place is actually set up to service the Thermae trade from before. As such it is entirely expected that you may be taking a few friends every day up to your room. No problems, no questions asked. Two of the girls told me that it was a short time hotel and they didn't actually expect people to stay there for a few days at a stretch !

The best Soi 15 hotel is the Somerset, but it's a bit out of my budget for this trip.

SoftLover
08-14-05, 17:53
Softlover, could you give us a rundown on your impressions / experience with the Grand President?My pleasure. I arrived at the hotel at 6 am and could go to my room immediately. It was in Tower 3 which is located on the left side of Soi 11, down a lane opposite to the main hotel entrance. I found the room huge - even with 3 girls the bed wouldn't have been crowded - and with a kitchen plus CD- and videoplayer better equipped than what I really needed. I asked the housekeeper for two extra towels and they were automatically replenished the next day. The only weak points of the room were a leaking shower head and a very slow hot water supply.

The free wireless internet is accessible in the lobby, the café and the breakfast room on the ground floor of the main building. This worked out very well for me although during a longer stay I might treat myself to in-room internet at 220 baht.

This was the first time I booked through wired-destinations.com. They have a handy interface which I used to add another day just 2 days before my arrival. Prices may be quite the same everywhere except at the hotel itself. I tried to reserve a Topaz Studio last spring by calling the hotel but they said they were all full and gave me the next better suite a special rate of about 3100 baht, breakfast not included, which is about twice the 43 USD I paid this time!

I had booked a single room but the only charge at checkout was 7 baht for 2 calls to Eden. No hassle with security. So chances are I may not try the Grand Business until time is too short for an Internet booking at the Grand President.

JuiceSpike
08-14-05, 18:32
Hooky,

The hotel is locate on soi 11 (pink zone). The rooms vary: some are nicer than others as they are going through remodeling. The hotel has 3 towers, the one I like is across the street from the other two. The service is standard nothing special and the prices are standard for BKK 2,000 bt and up).

The one thing I like about this hotel is the location. It has a nice mix of skanking and everyday life.. It is a great location for people watching if you sit on the german restaurant on the first floor of the third tower. There is a good mix of restaurants, hotels, condos, clubs and massage on soi 11. A nice slice of Bangkok. Also, it is located on walking distance from the Nana skytrain station.

juice

Coma Boy
08-14-05, 19:38
Yeah, Raumchitt Plaza is a ST hotel, you must've been the first person to spend more than a few hours there in years.

It's where each Thermae girl fucks about six times per night.

Ljohnson
08-14-05, 22:09
I passed through Bangkok 4 times during the past month. I decided to stay in Nana Plaza area as I had not been there. I chose the Dynasty Inn. I was pleased with the location, rooms and service and price. I paid 1,090 baht for a room with everything I needed. The place is completely girl friendly and close to the Nana Plaza action. A 24 hour internet cafe is directly across the street. Decent food available in the lobby/restaurant. I recommend it if you are staying near Nana Plaza.

LJohnson

Rhino Tusk
08-14-05, 23:53
Windsor Suites aren't guest friendly before 10 PM either, I was required to pay the (then) 800 baht joiner at 3:30 PM. However, other times no security were present at the elevators, and nobody at the front desk said anything. I only had to pay extra for that one guest, of the 4 I brought in, but it was enough to not want me to stay there again. Pity since I liked the place, separate sitting room, 2 tvs, nice breakfast, good location, for about 1900.

I've gotten the Sheraton Grande from priceline twice for $70 USD bids, better than JW Marriott, and certainly better than the Westin, I think.

Duniawala
08-15-05, 00:20
Yeah, Raumchitt Plaza is a ST hotel, you must've been the first person to spend more than a few hours there in years.

It's where each Thermae girl fucks about six times per night.

Hey, I like the place. It's not too bad for the money. I have stayed there many times. It's better than the Nana Hotel in some respects. I don't know about you but I have never seen being rented out by the hour. They also have a decent a/c beer bar on the ground floor.

Kens14
You paid too much. Next time tell them internet rate is 900. They will honor it. BTW, have they opened up the second floor Bush Garden bar yet?

Coma Boy
08-15-05, 05:25
It's better than the Nana Hotel in some respects. LOL- that's not difficult, Nana is one of the worst hotels in BKK (aside from the location). Oh, and Rajah is even worse.

C Me Type
08-15-05, 07:45
Bro's
Does Nana Hotel have in-room safe, and is the check-in safe deposit boxes secure?

Thanks,
CmeType

Kens14
08-15-05, 07:53
Duniwala,

I didn't see an obvious second floor of Bush Garden, but they have recently opened a bar called M's Bar just above Bush Garden - probably the place you were referring to.

We popped into M's Bar at about 1.30am Tues morning, it was fairly empty, but had a good selection of friendly girls, sports on the big screen and continues to served beers until 3am. - can't go wrong really !

Syphonoid
08-15-05, 10:51
I have stayed at Nana Hotel numerous times. Normally just the first couple of nights and then move on. The saftey deposit boxes on the ground floor are secure. I have used them every visit and no problems. I would prefer an in room safe, its a bit of a nusiance going down the elevator to grap the digital camera if you forgot on the way up. Normally I stay up near the top in the rooms with the balcony. I would say the Nana. Whilst in a great location, it is getting a little tired.

Coma Boy
08-15-05, 12:25
Does Nana Hotel have in-room safe, and is the check-in safe deposit boxes secure?Check out their web-site:

http://www.nanahotel.co.th/html/infor.html

Note the two freaks in the disco photo.

The hotel sucks by the way, but serves its purpose.

Run Mann
08-15-05, 13:52
They have safe deposit boxes at the front desk, but no safe is in the rooms, surprisingly I haven't heard too many stories of patrons being ripped off here by the Hotel staff/employees.

Bro's
Does Nana Hotel have in-room safe, and is the check-in safe deposit boxes secure?

Thanks,
CmeType

Gaolei
08-23-05, 17:11
I booked the Ramada Tawana (across the street from Patpong) through Asiarooms.com with no problems at all. They even sent an SMS to my phone to confirm the booking.

On arrival at the hotel, I was handed an envelope with my key and an official notice about guests. They allow guests in the room up to 1800 hours. After that time you are encouraged to meet guests in the lobby or at the bar and not in the room. Any guest after 1800 will have to leave an ID card and you can expect to be charged extra for a guest in the room.

Oh by the way, it is $57 per night and the rooms are great and so is breakfast.

Taz Marine
08-27-05, 14:44
I’m trying to reserve a room at Dynasty Inn but they want me to email or fax my credit card information. I don’t feel too comfortable sending that information for obvious reasons. I tried calling to give it over the phone but they said they couldn’t accept it that way. Are all hotels this way?

Taz Marine
08-27-05, 16:39
It looks like I will be going with Majestic Suites since they have a secured way of providing my credit card information. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Single Studio and the Single Superior?

Elvis30
08-28-05, 01:29
I have stayed at the Majestic several times , but usually in the deluxe room, which is just bigger than the others. I think some may just have a shower as well.

1Ball
08-28-05, 02:48
I’m trying to reserve a room at Dynasty Inn but they want me to email or fax my credit card information. I don’t feel too comfortable sending that information for obvious reasons. I tried calling to give it over the phone but they said they couldn’t accept it that way. Are all hotels this way?

Taz, I have stayed there in the past. they also asked for this. if in low season, and you are not arriving past 8.00 PM, you should be OK without guaranteeing the room. ask them, they will probably say yes.

I also have stayed with them during the month of February, where everything is fully booked, and I faxed them my CC details. Never had a prob.

They have different size rooms. Make sure you tell them you are a very big man, and need a larger size room.

Good luck

Donhay
08-30-05, 06:54
I will be going to Bangkok next month and have pick either President Park or Royal President Executive Serviced Apartments, as my accomodation. Will like to know which place is recommended or have any other suggestion? THanks
Would love to stay in a place near the shopping area and entertainment. Thanks

The Traveler
08-30-05, 09:42
Donhay,

Royal President is the better choice. Rooms are ok at both places but President Park is too far from Suk. Long walk to BTS and you might need/want to take a taxi.

The Pieman
08-30-05, 12:46
As a Bangers regular I would recommend the Manhattan - never had a problem with bringing a girl back.They also have a very nice Sauna and relief on the 2nd floor.You choose from a dozen or so girls and they are as accomodating as your needs.Prices for HJ start at 500 Thai Bat - short time 1000+

Most will happily oblige by visiting your room - saves having to go out and find one and face the walk of shame through the lobby!

Its located on Sukimvit 13 - -middle of all the action too.

Vincent H
08-30-05, 20:12
Hi,

I'm looking for some advice, I will be in Bangkok in a few weeks and it looks as if I will be staying at the Majestic Grande Hotel. The problem is that quite a few people who work for the same company will also be there at the same time, I know of some who will be with wives & children, the company would not be happy with people getting involved with local nightlife.

So my question is this, how easy/difficult will it be to get from the street to my room (accompanied by a "friend") without meeting my co-workers?

Doughtful that I can change hotels but if I could is there a four or five star hotel nearby that where it is possible to avoid "the walk of shame"?

I know the questions are a little random but I will be grateful for any assistance.

Thank you

Gyaos
08-31-05, 01:48
Killed three (3) cockroaches in my room on the 22nd floor at this hotel. Never again will I stay there. It used to be a good hotel, but now it is a roach motel.

Coma Boy
08-31-05, 02:51
Doughtful that I can change hotels but if I could is there a four or five star hotel nearby that where it is possible to avoid "the walk of shame"?Yeah, JW Marriot is a five star hotel within about one minute of M-Grande. Totally guest friendly.

Member #2041
08-31-05, 06:43
Vincent,

If the JW Marriott is booked, another 2 blocks away is the Landmark. Also totally friendly.

Vincent H
08-31-05, 18:36
Thanks everyone for the advice, much appreciated.

Just found out today that at least three people (tow of whom are bosses)have upgraded themselves to the JW Marriot. As the only two choices I have are the JW Marriot & the Majestic Grande I think I will go with the Marriot as I've read it has a side entrance.

Is this true? - is so I may bypass reception and save any trouble.

Once again - thanks for your help

Trond Hauger
08-31-05, 23:19
Hi!

Have any of you any info if this hotel is girl friendly?

It is situated in the Sukhumvit area.

Thanks for any info.

Trond

Elvis30
09-01-05, 01:21
The JW does have a side entrance, which lets you walk through the otherside of the lobby and avoid the front desk. There are still other guest in the lobby, but this is usually not a problem. I have stayed at both hotels and the JW edges out the new Grande IMHO.

Coma Boy
09-01-05, 03:25
Just found out today that at least three people (two of whom are bosses) have upgraded themselves to the JW Marriot...Why do you think these guys have also upgraded? Don't worry, if they bust you coming in with a hooker, they'll probably be doing exactly the same thing.

Or perhaps you'll catch them at it, and you can blackmail a promotion out of it.

Survival Camp
09-01-05, 08:30
Are there any specialties in Ambassador Hotel, Bangkok? Am planning for a bachelor trip sometime next week. Looking for a hornymoon trip.

Advise any?

Bircow
09-01-05, 17:15
Trond,

RP is not girlfriendly in traditionael talk. They charge you Bht. 600 for letting girls in - and the the staff speakes up loudly about it every time you come 'home' with a guest.

Beware also on the heavy construction going at one side off the building (towards Sukhumvit road)

Stayed there for many years, never had a problem and was treated well.

2 weeks ago - everything different. I never stay there again

The Traveler
09-03-05, 10:20
Trond,

I have stayed at the Regency Park about 2-3 years ago.
Everything fine, girl-friendly, OK rooms and breakfast buffet.
Only the in-room "safe" was a bit small. Merely a tiny metal box at the wall in the wardrobe, big enough for your wallet, passport, keys and mobile.

Bircow
09-03-05, 13:53
Believe me friends. I have many years experince with RP. Therefore I tried to get the discussion with the manager when they wanted joiner fee last time.

The young staff-boy brought my story to the manager (heard it), but manager didn't even bother tell me himself. Sent boy back to say, nothing to talk about, it's joiner fee now, Bht. 600 pr. chick. Stay away friends.

Mayntain
09-04-05, 03:14
I would like to book a room a couple of days before i get to Bangkok.What are my chances of getting a room around the Nana Plaza on short notice?

Classico
09-04-05, 08:54
Hi all,

I will be visiting BKK on business soon. Have been booked to stay at the Hotel Intercontinental (ex Le Meridien).

As this is my first trip to BKK, am wondering whethers the nearest action for Traditional Thai Massage as well as Body Massage? For Body Massages, have been reading about Caesars, Utopia, Eden, Poseidon, etc.

Did some research and since I cant find any mention about the hotel, I suppose its quite far from the action?

Any advice from members here much appreciated.

Coma Boy
09-04-05, 18:05
What are my chances of getting a room around the Nana Plaza on short notice?It is very very easy, your chances are good.

Seydlitz
09-04-05, 20:52
Believe me friends. I have many years experince with RP. Therefore I tried to get the discussion with the manager when they wanted joiner fee last time.

The young staff-boy brought my story to the manager (heard it), but manager didn't even bother tell me himself. Sent boy back to say, nothing to talk about, it's joiner fee now, Bht. 600 pr. chick. Stay away friends.

Bircow,

I used the Regency Park for years with no trouble at all. I always book a double room. It is tru that on most occasions I stayed there with my Thai girlfriend, who checked in with me.

But on a few occasions I brought back a chick and the night staff did not make any fuss about it. The lady registered her ID, and when she left the front desk called me to check that I was OK.

It would be a pity if this fine affordable hotel became girl-hostile.

Fast Eddie 48
09-04-05, 23:16
I would like to book a room a couple of days before i get to Bangkok.What are my chances of getting a room around the Nana Plaza on short notice?To Mayntain,

I never made reservation in advance in Bangkok. This city has many hotel in off season. When you arrive go to a travel agency in Sillom and Sukhimvit area they can find you a hotel. You can get a better rate than the internet. Sometimes if you just go to the hotel directly, if they have room you can get a good rate, but in high season Dec to Feb is a bit tough.

Fast eddie 48

Mayntain
09-05-05, 07:12
I'm flying to Cebu first and then I would like to go to Bangkok for about 4 or 5 days. If you book a room in advance you have to pay in full first and no refunds. I didn't like that policy much, you never know what can happen and lose your cash. I contacted a travel agent in Cebu, but they only had what seemed like business hotels. I'm going for the women, so those would not work for me. How much cash do you guys think I will need for about 5 days in Bangkok? Women, drinks, hotel, food?

Taz Marine
09-05-05, 15:41
I am having a hard time reserving a hotel during Sept 9-12. I’m using Sawadee.com and each hotel I pick I’m getting an email back with Sorry, fully booked during the time you requested. I arrive at 11:45 pm on the 9th. Is there any special events going during this time that has all the hotels booked?

Thanks,

Taz

Coma Boy
09-06-05, 03:02
How much cash do you guys think I will need for about 5 days in Bangkok? Women, drinks, hotel, food?That is kind of a dumb question. It depends on the girls you choose, what food you like to eat, whether or not you're a heavy drinker, and what hotel you choose.

Basically anywhere from about 10,000 Baht to 80,000 Baht.

Wanja
09-06-05, 15:19
I have stayed at Nana Hotel numerous times. Normally just the first couple of nights and then move on. The saftey deposit boxes on the ground floor are secure. I have used them every visit and no problems. I would prefer an in room safe, its a bit of a nusiance going down the elevator to grap the digital camera if you forgot on the way up. Normally I stay up near the top in the rooms with the balcony. I would say the Nana. Whilst in a great location, it is getting a little tired.You forgot to mention the smell in every room (change 3 times) it is dirty also with holes in the sheets and stinking pillows in one word never again!

Coma Boy
09-06-05, 16:41
Yeah, aside from The Ra-Jah Hotel, Nana Hotel is one of the worst in the Nana zone.

Very convenient though.

Gaolei
09-06-05, 21:51
I will be working in Bangkok at mid month. I usually stay at the Ramada and never before in Nana area. Anyone have any advice for me before I book a room here? Please leave a message or PM me. What is the difference between Majestic Grande and Suites?

Fast Eddie 48
09-06-05, 22:26
I'm flying to Cebu first and then I would like to go to Bangkok for about 4 or 5 days. If you book a room in advance you have to pay in full first and no refunds. I didn't like that policy much, you never know what can happen and lose your cash. I contacted a travel agent in Cebu, but they only had what seemed like business hotels. I'm going for the women, so those would not work for me. How much cash do you guys think I will need for about 5 days in Bangkok? Women, drinks, hotel, food?To Maytain

This depends if where you go or do you want where to go. I've been to Bangkok
more than 10 times. My average spending is about $ 60.00 USD a day. I stay
in business inn, it's about $ 15.00 usd a night. $20.00 for the girl. Sometimes I
paid more. If you go to a more expensive hotel and KTV or club you will pay a lot
more.

Fast Eddie 48

Mugsey
09-06-05, 23:00
Gents,

Your recommendations please.

Looking for a GF hotel in the Nana area for 2-3 nights with a budget of 1500-2000 Bht a night.

Have stayed at Nana Hotel before, but looking for something a bit nicer and not so smelly.

Cheers in advance

Elvis30
09-07-05, 00:15
I have stayed at the majestic several times and think it's a great small hotel. They don't have a pool, but the the money and rooms the place can't be beat IMHO.

Coma Boy
09-07-05, 03:15
What is the difference between Majestic Grande and Suites?MS is a tiny shoe-box like place. Very convenient, clean, and has a great little movie channel, but after two nights you'll start getting nightmares and fantasising about necrophilia.

MG is a nice big spacious, modern hotel, with a good pool, costs more but beats MS hands down.

Enjoy58
09-07-05, 13:09
Hi,

I am new to the Forum, but not new in Bangkok. I have stayed at First Hotel, Pratunam during my last few visits, in their Tower Wing. Always booked DBL. However, last visit they charged me joiner fee of 600 Bt, hence I dont want to stay there this time. Please recommend a good GF hotel, preferably in Suk area, but away from Nana, with clean rooms and swimming pool around 1000 bt per night. Have stayed at Manhattan, but found it slightly shabby.

Thanks in advance

Jimmy Red Cab
09-09-05, 10:42
MS is a tiny shoe-box like place. Very convenient, clean, and has a great little movie channel, but after two nights you'll start getting nightmares and fantasising about necrophilia.

MG is a nice big spacious, modern hotel, with a good pool, costs more but beats MS hands down.

I think you are being slightly unfair regarding Majestic Suites, for sure the rooms are not large but the rates are half what you would pay at the new Majestic Grande. If I were in Bangkok for a few nights I would go for the more expensive option but I normally stay for 21+ nights. I spend very little time in my room anyway, I don't travel 6000 miles to watch the movie channel.

Elvis30
09-09-05, 23:48
The bottom line is what are you willing to pay for a hotel. The 4-5 star hotels offer better accomadations and services, so if you can afford that go for that type of hotel. The vast majority of mongers are looking for a nice place for a decent price, so they don't usually don't want to pay more for something that will not enhance there trip that much. Just depends on the individual.

Coma Boy
09-10-05, 03:39
I think you are being slightly unfair regarding Majestic Suites...No, I still think MS is an excellent hotel; great value for money, great location, clean, nicely outfitted, etc.

But no pool and cockroaches, and even the largest rooms are very small.

Basically it is great for a few nights but not for a long-term stay.

SB Lumens
09-10-05, 10:55
No, I still think it is an excellent hotel; great value for money, great location, clean, nicely outfitted, etc.

But no pool and cockroaches, and even the largest rooms are very small.

Basically it is great for a few nights but not for a long-term stay.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite CB's major back-pedaling on this issue, dozens of posts have attested to the efficiency of the MS, as most are not going to be staying in the room for most of the day. The service it top-notch.

Also, the MG rooms are shockingly small and expensive compared to the President Group hotels (really service apts.). Much better locations to food, etc. compared to MG. BTW, MG DOES have a pool
http://www.bangkok.com/majesticgrande/recreation.htm

It is also quite surprising for a major new hotel to NOT have cable internet. If you check it out compared to others, it's hard to see how this place books up. For example, you can get 2x the space for the same price at one of the President Group service apts.

SB

Coma Boy
09-10-05, 13:48
Despite CB's major back-pedaling on this issue...Whichever direction I pedal I maintain that Majestic Suites is great, but very very very small.

Ideal for a short stay, but you wouldn't want to live there.

I mention this as the fame of MS may mislead some visitors to assume it is a typical Sukhumvit hotel. Its fame in the forum is mostly due to its location.

Asia Smiles
09-10-05, 14:05
arriving in bkk second week oct.

stayed in jw marriott and majestic suites before, and ms has been very accomodating for my needs. the marriott is great but ms is a much better value. only problem is no high speed internet.

so can someone comment how the grand president or grand business inn compare to ms. from the comments i've read the grand business inn seems like a good value, and has internet (although it is not mentioned on thier website).

i am thinking of trying the grand business inn but not sure how it compares to the hospitality and convenience of ms.

thanks to all for the great reports.

Member #1088
09-10-05, 14:27
Hi guys, anyone info about this hotel in BKK?

PVC

DownTowner
09-11-05, 06:47
I need to find a Hotel near the Airport that has a big bath of jucuzy in room.
Thanks in advance.

Freeler
09-11-05, 10:57
DownTowner,

In some cases a definition is helpful.
Please define 'near' as you use it in your question.
Is 'near' a 1 hour taxi ride or a five minute walk?

Macho Dik
09-11-05, 12:26
Hi fellow mongers,

Please give some advise on which hotel in the Sukumvit area (near Nana) have a nice and clean hotel (4 or 5 stars) that is totally girlfriendly and won't give any problem of bringing girls at night. Of course with internet access as well. Will be glad to have some idea about the rate per night.

Thanks in advance!

Nite_Runner
09-11-05, 16:18
Was wondering if anyone had any recent info on this hotel - I stayed there a few years ago and it was okay... GF friendly and good Breakfast bar...

n_r

Coma Boy
09-11-05, 17:17
Just stay at the Amari Airport Hotel.

Beige
09-11-05, 17:27
Gents,

Your recommendations please.

Looking for a GF hotel in the Nana area for 2-3 nights with a budget of 1500-2000 Bht a night.

Have stayed at Nana Hotel before, but looking for something a bit nicer and not so smelly.

Cheers in advanceI always use the Federal hotel which is about 7 mins walk from Nana (1 road down from Amari Boulevard hotel) Its GF friendly with no surcharges, basic with pool but good and normal doubles are 1500 baht. Some folk prefer the 800 baht 'bunker rooms' in the basement- big bed, huge mirror, no windows, where no one can hear your GF scream!! Bit too sleazy for me but everyone to their own! Worth reserving hotel as it seems to be very popular.

Patrick
09-11-05, 19:35
Nite runner, I have stayed at the swiss park as recently as April this year, it would seem it is still the same as when you stayed, GF and good breakfast plus good location just of Suk but near enough to walk to the action.

Coma Boy
09-11-05, 20:17
Which hotel in the Sukhumvit area (near Nana) have a nice and clean hotel (4 or 5 stars) that is totally girlfriendly and won't give any problem of bringing girls at night. Of course with internet access as well.JW Marriot of course, and next time FRTFF you FF!

Member #2041
09-12-05, 01:42
Macho Dik, aside from the JW Marriott, the other choices that fit your requirements well are the Landmark and the Majestic Grande. Any of those 3 will meet your needs.

Donhay
09-12-05, 06:27
I will like to enquire abt the quality of the rooms in Zenith Hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 3 and how far is it to BTS? THanks

Seydlitz
09-12-05, 11:24
Macho Dik, aside from the JW Marriott, the other choices that fit your requirements well are the Landmark and the Majestic Grande. Any of those 3 will meet your needs.

I was under the impression that the Landmark was girl-hostile.

JuiceSpike
09-12-05, 13:54
Landmark is girl friendly but there is always lots of people going in and out of the lobby and there are long stairs to walk up to the entrance... Some people might stare at you when you bring your girl in, escpecially during the day.

Here is a link with a partial list of girl friendly hotels:
http://**************.com/hotels/

juice

Coma Boy
09-12-05, 15:33
I was under the impression that the Landmark was girl-hostile.It is DEFINITELY 100% guest-friendly.

Don King 888
09-12-05, 16:04
Does anyone know if this hotel is Girl Friendly? Apparently it used to be called Jade Hotel and got a facelift. It is located on Suk 22.

DolphinBKK
09-13-05, 07:14
This place has good service and is fairly cheap. 800 baht per night for a decent room in the back of Sukhemvit Soi 7/1. Good location, if you don't mind walking by the EDEN club and all those other bars on way to your hotel. I always play pool at Absolute 7 bar. They didn't even check my friend's ID when we went upstairs ... although she does look japanese thai.

Dazzla
09-13-05, 09:37
I have also stayed there when i got back from Pattaya and the Majestic didn't have any rooms left. The rooms were ok, with a tired bathroom. The breakfast was a bit poor, totally g/f and the staff were really nice.

They must have known it was my birthday from the registration card and when i got back there was a shot glass(empty unfortunately) and some chocolates and a birthday card. For the price it served it's purpose and just a few steps away from Eden and the DownUnder bar.

JuiceSpike
09-13-05, 21:03
If you are not sure if a hotel is gf friendly you can also email the hotel and ask them directly. Don't be shy about this. If the hotel tells you "yes" print their email and bring it with you when you check in just in case you hear something different.

juice

Phuquer
09-14-05, 17:53
I will like to enquire abt the quality of the rooms in Zenith Hotel in Sukhumvit Soi 3 and how far is it to BTS? THanks
Zenith Hotel is not girl friendly. Just so you know.

Nandu
09-15-05, 11:33
I'm flying to Cebu first and then I would like to go to Bangkok for about 4 or 5 days. If you book a room in advance you have to pay in full first and no refunds. I didn't like that policy much, you never know what can happen and lose your cash. I contacted a travel agent in Cebu, but they only had what seemed like business hotels. I'm going for the women, so those would not work for me. How much cash do you guys think I will need for about 5 days in Bangkok? Women, drinks, hotel, food?Mayntain,

Bangkok is heaven on earth and you can get anything at any rate you want. You will get a hotel room at US$20-30(Ruamchitt Plaza or Ambassador or Dynasty Inn) and food between 10-15$/day, MacDs, Pizza co etc. Drinks 20-30$/day and women from 20-60$ per day. On an average 100$ a day you can have a ball of a time. Fo 5 days including your local transport etc 700$ should be fine. Tell wherelse you can get this kind of a treat?

Nand

Macho Dik
09-17-05, 02:31
Dear All,

Thanks for your suggestion but I am kind of confuse as to which among the hotels you fellow mongers mentioned are totally girl-friendly:

1) Which means no harssment on your extra partners
2) No extra charge for the night
3) With a safety precaution for you to record the ID of the girls you bring in)

Aside from those mentioned above, as I am on a business trip and won't. Like to let my business partner feels I am on a cheapy hotel but of coarse I don't. Want to spend much more than a usual 4 or 5 stars hotel (my rate is ranging between 2000 to 2500 bht per night), so please advise which among the below mentioned hotels will suite my needs:

1) JW MARRIOT
2) LAND MARK
3) MAJESTIC GRAND
4) OR OTHERS

As my trip is quite near and I hope I can get the informations as soon as possible. thanks again for your kind help.

Prado
09-17-05, 17:19
Dear All,

Thanks for your suggestion but I am kind of confuse as to which among the hotels you fellow mongers mentioned are totally girl-friendly:

1) Which means no harssment on your extra partners
2) No extra charge for the night
3) With a safety precaution for you to record the ID of the girls you bring in)

Aside from those mentioned above, as I am on a business trip and won't. Like to let my business partner feels I am on a cheapy hotel but of coarse I don't. Want to spend much more than a usual 4 or 5 stars hotel (my rate is ranging between 2000 to 2500 bht per night), so please advise which among the below mentioned hotels will suite my needs:

1) JW MARRIOT
2) LAND MARK
3) MAJESTIC GRAND
4) OR OTHERS

As my trip is quite near and I hope I can get the informations as soon as possible. thanks again for your kind help.

Macho Dik,

The hotels you mentioned are all located in the Sukhumvit Area So I presume that you are looking for a hotel there for your convenience. I've listed the hotels that are all GF (inclusive of 1 & 2 but 3 may sometimes happen for some hotels, no guarantee but if there is any monger out there who has been to one that meets all 3 criteria, pls let our buddy know) in that area as follows:

Catergory I

Majestic Suites
Majestic Grande
Landmark Hotel
President Solitaire
Manhattan Hotel
Royal President
JW Marriot
Emporium Suites
President Park
Davis Bangkok Hotel

Category II

Nana Hotel
Grace Hotel
Star Inn Hotel
Centre Point Sukhumvit
Somerset Hotel
Dynasty Inn
Stable lodge
Drop Inn Bangkok

I have break them up in 2 categories. Cat I consists of more upscale hotels prices ranging well over your budget and cat II more into your budget but you must double check since I cannot possibly help you check every detail of the hotels as I am not a regular in that area too.

Prado

Irish Lad
09-17-05, 18:42
Hello guys.

I'll be in Bangkok for my first time in December and am looking for a good hotel with the following:-

1. Girl friendly.
2. Swimming pool.
3. Close to Eden Club
4. Budget up to $200 per night.

Full report from me as always afterwards.

Regards

Irish lad

Peter Pan 2
09-17-05, 19:39
Irish Lad,

I always stay at the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit which is close to all the action, right on a subway and MTR crossing with direct lines to all parts of the city and with a fantastic pool and sauna area. Rooms are very luxurious and spaceous and they have 2 great restaurants as well as a very nice sitting lounge with live music in the evenings. Tip: always google the hotel name together with discount and you can find great deals on the rates.

Have fun,

Peter

Vincent H
09-17-05, 20:54
I am needing a little advice about the Majestic Grande hotel as I will be staying there shortly.

From what I have seen many of the bar-girls and freelancers tend to wear skimpy / revealing clothes, so my question is will this cause a problem when I bring one back to the hotel?

I dont think so but it would be good to confirm the details of bringing in a guest.

Many thanks for you help

Member #2041
09-17-05, 21:25
Irish Lad:

with that budget, any of the following will do you well:

JW Marriott,
Landmark,
Sheraton Grande
Westin Grande

Macho Dik
09-18-05, 03:32
Macho Dik,

The hotels you mentioned are all located in the Sukhumvit Area So I presume that you are looking for a hotel there for your convenience. I've listed the hotels that are all GF (inclusive of 1 & 2 but 3 may sometimes happen for some hotels, no guarantee but if there is any monger out there who has been to one that meets all 3 criteria, pls let our buddy know) in that area as follows:

Catergory I

Majestic Suites
Majestic Grande
Landmark Hotel
President Solitaire
Manhattan Hotel
Royal President
JW Marriot
Emporium Suites
President Park
Davis Bangkok Hotel

Category II

Nana Hotel
Grace Hotel
Star Inn Hotel
Centre Point Sukhumvit
Somerset Hotel
Dynasty Inn
Stable lodge
Drop Inn Bangkok

I have break them up in 2 categories. Cat I consists of more upscale hotels prices ranging well over your budget and cat II more into your budget but you must double check since I cannot possibly help you check every detail of the hotels as I am not a regular in that area too.

PradoDear Prado,

Thanks for your very informative data. I believed I should be staying nice this time. as in the past I always feel embarass on Hotel security and give you a strage looks when you are bringing in a Gal, specially when they are waering a bit too bar girl like attire. and that is why most of the time, I will ask my gal to wear something casual when I am bringing in to my hotel. like as before, my business assosciate have book me at the Emerald garden Hotel and I really felt very embarrased when the security has approached me at the elevator with other guest around. So I hope this time I will be using one of those hotel you mentioned.

In your Cat I, I thing those are 5 stars hotel, can you give me an idea on how much (more or less) will their rate be. anyway, this is in case you have an idea or else, I will ask my assosicate to do it for me, I believed they are one of the biggest group and probably they can get some special rate. but as I told you, i really don't. want them to have an impression that I am going to mixed business with pleassure, since the location is very sensitive for the mongering places. please advised. thanks again

Gaolei
09-18-05, 03:33
Thanks to a lot of good advice, I am staying at the Majestic Grande.
It is on Sukhumvit Soi 2. If you go out the door and directly across the street through a small alley past the Ra Jah hotel, you are on Soi 4 and 100 meters from Nana.

The room is beautiful, the breakfast great, good bath, walk-in shower and large screen TV, along with a king bed. And, most important, guest friendly!

Irish Lad
09-18-05, 04:14
Thanks guys.

Picking the wrong hotel could be a disaster, as happened my friend in Dubai recently.

I look forward to it very much.

IL

Coma Boy
09-18-05, 04:57
I am needing a little advice about the Majestic Grande.

From what I have seen many of the bar-girls and freelancers tend to wear skimpy / revealing clothes, so my question is will this cause a problem when I bring one back to the hotel?Would it really have hurt you to have read just one or two pages of the forum first?

Anyway, skimpy clothes will not cause a problem at MG. You could walk in with three naked Katoeys and still have no problems.

All About Bob
09-18-05, 09:50
Irish Lad

Personally, I would stay at the Peninsula, you can stay there for the same price as the other, no problems with girls, lovely pool, great food and service, only problem is not near Eden, but you can get the sky trian with no problems, late at night theres very little traffic to get back to the hotel.

Enjoy

Steen22
09-18-05, 12:44
hi

i got in real late (after 1 a.m.) from my long trip and didnt want to spend the money on an expensive hotel as i was checking into some nicer accomodations the next day anyway. so i checked into hotel 27 on sukumvit soi 22. its more of a short time kind of a hotel, though you probably have alot of working girls living there. its about 300 b for the night. next morning a fairly attractive girl in her twenties strikes up conversation with me. eventually invites me into her room telling me sad story of how her cell phone was stollen and her dutch boyfriend will kill her if he calls and she is not there to answer the phone. she only needs 2000 baht she says. well i did not budge...but she starts getting affectionate with me and then she starts telling me all the kinky stuff she has done. shows me pics of she and her bf in holland. she is into [CodeWord101] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord101), anal, group, all kinds of stuff. one thing led to another and next thing you know it i am deep in her ass pounding away...when the cleaning lady comes in. well that killed it...so we went to her room and ended up picking up with some bbbj and some straights sex. she had a tight body with a shave pussy. not a bad looking girl at all. the sucker that i am - i took compassion on her and gave her the money. i guess she entertained me too much with her great stories. anyway - never know what you will find at hotle 27. its at the end of the alley of suk 22.

hank

its a wery funny place hotel 27 its the cheap charly haven and its a wery good street kitchen at the end of alley

Prado
09-18-05, 15:52
Irish Lad:

with that budget, any of the following will do you well:

JW Marriott,
Landmark,
Sheraton Grande
Westin Grande

Member #2041

So far these are the prices I have got for one twin sharing superior/delux room:-

JW Marriott (BHT4840)
Landmark (BHT3690)
Sheraton Grande (USD151)
Westin Grande (BHT5520)

None of them is within Irish Lad's budget. Unless there is corporate rate that I dont know of.
Prado

Prado
09-18-05, 16:03
Dear Prado,

Thanks for your very informative data. I believed I should be staying nice this time. as in the past I always feel embarass on Hotel security and give you a strage looks when you are bringing in a Gal, specially when they are waering a bit too bar girl like attire. and that is why most of the time, I will ask my gal to wear something casual when I am bringing in to my hotel. like as before, my business assosciate have book me at the Emerald garden Hotel and I really felt very embarrased when the security has approached me at the elevator with other guest around. So I hope this time I will be using one of those hotel you mentioned.

In your Cat I, I thing those are 5 stars hotel, can you give me an idea on how much (more or less) will their rate be. anyway, this is in case you have an idea or else, I will ask my assosicate to do it for me, I believed they are one of the biggest group and probably they can get some special rate. but as I told you, i really don't. want them to have an impression that I am going to mixed business with pleassure, since the location is very sensitive for the mongering places. please advised. thanks again

Macho Dik,

Sukhumvit Area is not that obvious, definately not as obvious as Ratchadapisek. If it is the area that you're referring to and not LOS itself.

Anyway, I can only provide you a link of the website I always use to book my hotels. The prices published are final i.e. inclusive of all SVC and Tax. So you can be assured how much your credit card's been charged.

http://www.bangkok-hotel-thailand.com/destinations/sukhumvit.htm

Amendment for Catergory I

Landmark Hotel
President Park

These 2 hotels/apartments are only 3 stars, not 4-5 stars. All the rest all start above BHT 3K. You can check it out on the above link provided. Happy mongering!

Prado

Phuquer
09-18-05, 16:43
Would it really have hurt you to have read just one or two pages of the forum first?

Anyway, skimpy clothes will not cause a problem at MG. You could walk in with three naked Katoeys and still have no problems.
:D Are you talking from experience?!?!?!? :D:D:D

Coma Boy
09-18-05, 16:52
:D Are you talking from experience?!?!?!? :D:D:DUnfortunately yes, but I learned a lot that night!

Member #2041
09-18-05, 17:54
Prado,
Irish Lad's budget was $200 per night - That's around 8000 Baht. All of those places charge less than 8000 Baht.

Denis
09-18-05, 18:03
Irish lad,
No need to pay 200US$, save some cash for fun!
Normally I pay 150US$ at the Gran Sheraton and this hotel is more than perfect. (GF of course)
The Banyan tree is also 150 US$, but pretty remote (the restaurant on the roof top is great)
The advantage of the Gran Sheraton is the location as you are on Sukhumvit and if you are lazy , you can find nice higher class girls at Riva's which is the disco inside the Sheraton.
DEnis

Seydlitz
09-18-05, 18:31
if you are lazy , you can find nice higher class girls at Riva's which is the disco inside the Sheraton.
DEnis

Denis,

How much do you think such a plaything would accept for an all-nighter?

Coma Boy
09-19-05, 09:34
I generally hear 3000-5000 from Rivas chicks for LT.

(I always get them down to 2000 though).

Prado
09-19-05, 16:13
Prado,
Irish Lad's budget was $200 per night - That's around 8000 Baht. All of those places charge less than 8000 Baht.

Member #2041

Very sorry, I have mistaken Irish lad with Marcho Dik. I thought it was a question posted by Macho Dik but it was Irish Lad instead when I look back to the posts. They all asking similar questions.

Prado