PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Bangkok Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

The Traveler
11-16-05, 23:04
Ginas,

Gold Orchid
that's a nice hotel and girl-friendly. Location isn't good, it's located at Viphavadi Rd not far from Central Ladprao. You got to take a cab to go the mall but there you can take the MRT. Rooms are nice and clean, Key card, electronic in room safe, TV, sofa (I had a suite),, king size bed, minibar, big bathroom with combined shower and bathtub. Pool and sundeck is nice and quiet, rooms aren't due to being close to the highway. Breakfast buffet is good but doesn't change. Nice and very friendly staff.

(Again sorry for quality)

I have some more made with my digicam if interested. Just got to search for them, they are somewhere "hidden" between all the nudes :)

Fast Eddie 48
11-16-05, 23:18
Ginas,

Golden Orchid (not Gold Orchid)
that's a nice hotel and girl-friendly. Location isn't good, it's located at Viphavadi Rd not far from Central Ladprao. You got to take a cab to go the mall but there you can take the MRT. Rooms are nice and clean, Key card, electronic in room safe, TV, sofa (I had a suite),, king size bed, minibar, big bathroom with combined shower and bathtub. Pool and sundeck is nice and quiet, rooms aren't due to being close to the highway. Breakfast buffet is good but doesn't change. Nice and very friendly staff.

(Again sorry for quality)

I have some more made with my digicam if interested. Just got to search for them, they are somewhere "hidden" between all the nudes :)

to travler

Can you tell me which mall and which mrt station golden orchid hotel is close
to and what is the contact number or web site and the cost per night , the
room look like a suite .

fast eddie 48

Berty Boy
11-16-05, 23:28
Skyway,

I have stayed at the Majestic Suites on my last three visits(the last being Oct)I had a standard double room,(208)for 6days and then switched to a deluxe on the seventh.(706)The deluxe room had more insects in the bathroom and threroom was grubbier.I'm usually very happy with this hotel,even room 208 which must have the worst view in the hotel is very comfortable.I had a friend who works at one of the Japanese only hotels around Soi 55 visit me in the room and she could not believe that the state of the stained sheets on the bed.The Japanese she told me, would not accept this. I have just booked my flight for March and although I have been offered one night free in the Mandarin I think I will spend a little more and stay at Landmark.

The Traveler
11-17-05, 00:05
to travler

Can you tell me which mall and which mrt station golden orchid hotel is close
to and what is the contact number or web site and the cost per night , the
room look like a suite .

fast eddie 48
Fast Eddie,

read carefully, I said it's not too far from Central Ladprao.
The MRT station is Phahoyothin, not Ladprao as many might think. Take the exit which leads to St.John's univ and grab a cab. It's exactly before the DTAC building (opposite side of the street as the Thai Inter headquarter) which most taxi drivers know.

Tel : +66-2-616 3000
Fax : +66-2-616 3990
www.goldorchidbangkok.com

It was a suite and I paid only 1.500 because my GF works for Thai Inter. Call them or check their website to get the normal rate (5.300 for the junior suite). I also had a look at the superior and deluxe rooms (would have been 850 for me), they are nice and sufficient but for that rate I couldn't resist and took the suite for a couple of weeks. It's a bit noisy in the morning but not really disturbing and if you get up early as I did (6am) you won't care anyway.

Sponsor74
11-17-05, 00:47
Skyway,

I have stayed at the Majestic Suites on my last three visits(the last being Oct)I had a standard double room,(208)for 6days and then switched to a deluxe on the seventh.(706)The deluxe room had more insects in the bathroom and threroom was grubbier.I'm usually very happy with this hotel,even room 208 which must have the worst view in the hotel is very comfortable.I had a friend who works at one of the Japanese only hotels around Soi 55 visit me in the room and she could not believe that the state of the stained sheets on the bed.The Japanese she told me, would not accept this. I have just booked my flight for March and although I have been offered one night free in the Mandarin I think I will spend a little more and stay at Landmark.

These are really bad news. MS is and was my favourite BUT with all these changes I will se for other alternatives, any advice in this range of price, max THB 1200? and near to a sky train station? Thanks in advance

Sponsor74
11-17-05, 00:49
Ginias,

I have just stayed at these two hotels :

Royal President
it's a very nice serviced apartment and girl friendly. Location is good at soi 15 just in the middle between Soi Cowboy and NEP.
Rooms have electronic keycards, big in room safe, marble bath, seperate shower and bathtub, vdo player, dvd, big TV, sofa (I had a deluxe), king size bed and minibar. Breakfast buffet is very good, pool nice plus sauna and gym. Only downturn is the construction close by which I did not find disturbing as the windows are quite good.

Below a few pics (sorry for bad quality, made with my mobile)
and the prices per night?

The Traveler
11-17-05, 01:08
Sponsor,

sorry, forgot to mention them as I was also answering lots of questions simultanously via PM and thought I have typed it here instead of the PMs.

Please keep in mind that I got reduced rates because my GF works for Thai Inter

Gold Orchid

Superior/Deluxe 850 baht (normal price around 2.000 as far as I remember)
Junior Suite 1.500 baht (normal price is 5.300), I couldn't resist for that price even though the Deluxe is sufficient

check their website for more info

Royal President

Deluxe 2.100 baht (not much reduced from the normal price which is 2.500)

http://www.royalpresident.com/hotels/royalpresident/default.asp

Long91
11-17-05, 02:23
DAMN! And I just paid for 3 nights Starting on the Kings Birthday. I hope they take of the roaches by then. Damn!

Coma Boy
11-17-05, 08:27
Just when I thought I successfully smuggled two Thai Girls in for a three some, there was a knock at the door that would not go away. It was the Thai Girl Gestapo with his little invoice book. Did not care about how many girls, but just wanted his additional 600 THB joiner fee per girl. I think he gets paid on commission.What a fucking asshole! You shouldn't have even opened the door, or opened it told him to fuck off and slammed it in his stupid face.

He shouldn't be disturbing a guest when they are obviously busy. You should have ignored his invoice book, told him to put it on your bill and complained about him at check-out.

I once had two night-staff come knocking on my door when I was just about to start fucking, they asked about a joiner-fee and I told them to contact me the next day. They never did.

Skyway
11-17-05, 09:00
Thanks for the comments on my post about raoches at Majestic Suites! Yeah I was statying at room 706 - which i think is the Roach capital Room of BANGKOK. AVIOD that room. Now in the new room on the 4th floor has no insects option but the air from A/C stinks (so still have that option!). All in all AVIOD MAJESTIC SUITES. Glad to be leaving this place tonite!

Lolo123
11-17-05, 18:07
Hi friends,

I am visiting LOS in the coming month and thinking about stay in Ratchadapisek.

Please recommend me low budgets and girl friendly hotel in area.

Sponsor74
11-17-05, 18:12
Sponsor,

sorry, forgot to mention them as I was also answering lots of questions simultanously via PM and thought I have typed it here instead of the PMs.

Please keep in mind that I got reduced rates because my GF works for Thai Inter

Gold Orchid

Superior/Deluxe 850 baht (normal price around 2.000 as far as I remember)
Junior Suite 1.500 baht (normal price is 5.300), I couldn't resist for that price even though the Deluxe is sufficient

Royal President

Deluxe 2.100 baht (not much reduced from the normal price which is 2.500)

Thanks for your reply. I will be there in MS soon in double superior room at reduced price of Baht 1350. Iwill revert with a report if the room is OK or not

Rikusa
11-18-05, 04:31
Majestic Suites has changed in a year! Travelling 12/18-1/17 in BKK. Staying at MS for a couple of weeks. Should I change reservations? Last year stayed there and was treated very well, Room was very clean and staff friendly enough. Never a question about joiners. Has something changed?

Thanks for the heads up!!

Looking for Pattaya hotel close to walking street. Any ideas?

Singapore for 2 days. Stay where?
Malaysia 1 night?
indonesia 1 night?

Any ideas?

Allover
11-18-05, 08:18
Traveler or others:

How does the Royal President stack up vs. Grand President? I love the Grand President's location but my 2 bedroom suite a few months ago was surprisingly worn, outdated, and in need of major refurbishment. I have enjoyed staying at Grand Pres many times thru the years but plan to try something else next time.

The Traveler
11-18-05, 18:04
Allover,

the rooms at the Royal President are usually somewhat better than at the Grand President. I only refer to the "standard room types" in the price range of 2000-3000 baht. Never looked at the suites so I can't comment on them

It seems that all rooms and floors had been refurbished to some extent, I haven't seen any worn down rooms.

That's what I have posted a couple of weeks about both serviced apartments in question :

Royal President Soi 15
Superior 2.500
Deluxe 2.800
plus 10% service charge

Best value for money, all rooms very clean with good furniture, kitchenette, big in-room safe and electronic key-cards, well maintained, girl friendly. They have a nice pool, sauna and a small gym. Breakfast buffet is good but not included in walk-in rate.

Grand President Soi 11
Topaz Studio 2.750
Opal Studio 3.000 (Tower 3)
Executive 3.150 (Tower 1)

Good value for money, all rooms are clean with ok furniture, a small kitchenette, big in-rom safe and electronic key card system, well maintained and girl friendly. They have two pools. I found the Topaz and Opal a bit small but they are sufficient. Request the above stated buildings, the room layout is better.

The difference between a Topaz and an Opal Studio is that the Opal is renovated. If an Opal is requested you will be charged a higher rate but if you book a Topaz you might get an Opal if lucky without being charged.

I would always prefer the Royal President over the Grand President as they charge almost the same price but the rooms at the RP seem to be nicer and bigger. I also like the bathrooms, especially in the deluxe.

Coma Boy
11-18-05, 18:49
President Solitaire is one step up from Royal President if I remember correctly.

Grand President is definitely the worst of the three.

Allover
11-19-05, 04:58
I usually get a Grand or Royal Suite (both 1 bedroom) but I got a 2 bedroom last trip because I travelled with a friend. A sign in the elevator said the 1 bedroom suites were in the process of being upgraded. I was surprised how run down their rooms are getting.

Visited a friend at Solitaire. Solitaire is MUCH nicer than Grand President and I guess Royal Pres. I like being closer to Sukhumvit than Solitare's location, especially in that heat. I know they have a shuttle but I don't want to deal with that. I don't even know if it operates at night.

I'm leaning to staying at Landmark next trip. Never been there but I'll RTFF before I book.

Bill Lee
11-19-05, 06:22
Hi you all.

I'm coming into BKK on Saturday, Nov. 26 and leaving on Thursday, Dec. 1, 2005.

I have been told by my travel agent that the two hotels, Royal Benja and Grand Business Inn that I was looking at are booked.

I want to be near Bumrungrad Hospital and JW Marriot.

Can anyone here direct me to a clean decent hotel about 2,000 Baht or less a night?

Bill

Jaimito Cartero
11-19-05, 06:30

Can anyone here direct me to a clean decent hotel about 2,000 Baht or less a night?

Majestic Suites are good. They've also opened a high end place, Majestic Grande that might be a little above your budget. I've always had good service here.

www.majesticsuites.com

Coma Boy
11-19-05, 06:33
I want to be near Bumrungrad Hospital...

...a clean decent hotel about 2,000 Baht or less a night?You could stay at Bumrungrad's residences:

http://www.bumrungrad.com/htm/eng/main.asp?Filename=patient/out/residence.asp

Bill Lee
11-19-05, 06:42
Thanks CB

I didn't think I could bring home someone? Any other idea?

Bill

You could stay at Bumrungrad's residences:

http://www.bumrungrad.com/htm/eng/main.asp?Filename=patient/out/residence.asp

Yi Ren
11-19-05, 09:41
[QUOTE= Looking for Pattaya hotel close to walking street. Any ideas?

Singapore for 2 days. Stay where?
Malaysia 1 night?
indonesia 1 night?

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Pattaya: I've only stayed at the Marriot in Pattaya. Nice, but don't know what your budget is. I never had problem with bringing girls, but don't know policy.

Singapore: I usually stay at the Traders next to Tanglin Sq. It's about a 5-10 min walk from OT, if that's relevent. Of course Hilton is across from OT. Never a problem w/girls at Traders.

Malaysia: I assume KL? I like KL Sentral Hilton (no prob w/girls). Very nice, big flat screen TV w/DVD player, very convenient to KLIA. Also just a 5-10 min walk to the Monorail to hop down to Bukit Bintang or Jalan P Ramlee area discos. Although I know a number of Asian business colleagues that have stayed at the Concorde, next to Hard Rock (don't know about girl friendly-ness, tho).

Good luck.

The Traveler
11-19-05, 14:25
Singapore: I usually stay at the Traders next to Tanglin Sq. It's about a 5-10 min walk from OT, if that's relevent. Of course Hilton is across from OT. Never a problem w/girls at Traders.

Yi Ren,

the Marriot Group is girl-friendly all over Thailand.

All hotels in Singapore are girl friendly.
BTW, the very same girls that you can pick at OT (Orchid Tower) can also be found in Pattaya and BKK. Only saw ugly ones during my last trip and ran into a few I have seen in LOS before. Just less than a handful cute Filipinas there. Better pick Singaporean regulars in discos or semi-pros at a (hotel) bar.

Coma Boy
11-19-05, 15:45
Bill, just try to grab a room at Majestic Suites as J-C suggests, or if you can pay a little extra go for a small room at Majestic Grande. Act fast MS fills up quickly in high-season.

Woraburi Inn further down Soi 4 isn't too bad apparently.

Traveler1234
11-19-05, 23:43
Hi you all.

I'm coming into BKK on Saturday, Nov. 26 and leaving on Thursday, Dec. 1, 2005.

I have been told by my travel agent that the two hotels, Royal Benja and Grand Business Inn that I was looking at are booked.

Bill

Omni service apt, Soi 4, 200 meters back from Nana. www.the-ascott.com
Definitely GF, one and two bedrm suites, a little run down but great service, nice people, large rooms, bath and you can literally walk to the action.

Two nights for one bedroom, w/ breakfast, car from/to airport B$5800 if memory serves correct....might be too late get it?

fyi, landing later tonight and staying at newer service apt, kanary house, not close to what you want though...anyone want to get together to monger, pm me, leaving wed for HK.

Andy1705
11-20-05, 01:45
hope nobody minds my fivepence worth but i had some direct experience earlier this year. i stayed at bumrungrad residences and had no problem taking a young lady back for the night. we did in the main, avoid the reception area, but did not find anything to worry about.

an alternative and fairly cheap is royal asia lodge. a little run down but they do advertise that they are girl friendly. http://www.royalasialodge.com/ refers. i have stayed here for my stopovers for three years. it is in soi 8, but some way down the road and have a free 24hr tuk-tuk up to sukhumvit road, from where it is a five minute stroll to nana. also two mins to the infamous beer garden and [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s bj bar is at the end of soi 8. and jeaan marc's eden club is just over the road. heaven. around tbt1800 per night i think.

a

Bill Lee
11-20-05, 03:56
Thanks everybody. I wind up booking at the Zenith for 2300 Baht for their Hemingway room.

I'll be free on evenings of Nov. 27, 28, 29 and 30th. During the day time for the 27th and 30th.

PM if anyone wants to monger out. This is my first trip to BKK. I'm coming back with another senior member.

Bill

Yi Ren
11-20-05, 11:00
Yi Ren,
<...>
BTW, the very same girls that you can pick at OT (Orchid Tower) can also be found in Pattaya and BKK. Only saw ugly ones during my last trip and ran into a few I have seen in LOS before. Just less than a handful cute Filipinas there. Better pick Singaporean regulars in discos or semi-pros at a (hotel) bar.

Yes.... see my last post in the Singapore forum from last week's trip there. Met a cute ChiangMai chick (sorry, but most Issan exports don't do it for me - I think that's why I'm tiring of most BKK farang monger places, and have just started heading out to KTVs with my local buds).

Anyway, I told her I wasn't paying Singaporean prices, but if she wanted to hook up she could call me when she was back in BKK. Spent 3 nights with her and not single request for money (but course, I know why she's there, and did give her something, along with feeding her - quite well, I might add - and buying drinks). She was fun to be with. Will be back in a couple of weeks to look for Singaporeans for a change (if my Taiwan GF doesn't meet me there).

Cheers

Terry Terrier
11-20-05, 12:48
Bill

The Zenith is not girl-friendly. There is a 500bt joiner fee.

If you have not paid up-front, you would do better to cancel and book somewhere like the Grand President or Business Inn on Soi 11. Price through an online agent is within budget, and they are a 10-15 minute walk to Bumrungrad or a short, cheap taxi ride (I believe there's a back road?).

Coma Boy
11-20-05, 13:36
Surely the Zenith is guest-friendly if a double room is booked?

Paying the 500 Baht joiner fee per night may be cheaper than changing the booking from single to double occupancy.

If Bill cancels he should tell them the real reason- a good way of complaining about hotels practicing morality in place of hospitality.

Terry Terrier
11-20-05, 14:28
Surely the Zenith is guest-friendly if a double room is booked?

Paying the 500 Baht joiner fee per night may be cheaper than changing the booking from single to double occupancy.

If Bill cancels he should tell them the real reason- a good way of complaining about hotels practicing morality in place of hospitality.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=401827&highlight=zenith#post401827

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=408649&highlight=zenith#post408649

Tamurlane26
11-20-05, 16:25
A nice hotel and very friendly staff but agree with the comments on location - it is not easy to get the taxis or the tuk-tuks to take you down there especially after a long night.

For girl friendliness they are good and the security is another strong point as they request the ic before the girl can go up - this is an issue for some people but I have never had a problem with it.

Also from a techie point of view being able to wifi anywhere in the hotel is a good point and they set it up for you - i needed vpn access and they set it up so i could roam freely.

All in all a good stay if a problem with the location

Coma Boy
11-20-05, 16:49
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=401827&highlight=zenith#post401827

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=408649&highlight=zenith#post408649
Wow! The Zenith management really fucking suck! What assholes!

How can they ask for more money when someone has booked a double though? Surely that is the point of a double- two people.

I guess on checking-in, if it is too late for Bill to cancel, he should explain that his girlfriend will be meeting him later that night. They can hardly argue with that.

Let's loot and burn the place.

Song Tang
11-20-05, 17:00
Has anyone used sawadee.com to book their rooms? Their quotes seem to be a little less than going straight to the hotel, but they require an advance and full payment before arrival. Just checking to make sure this site is legitimate. Has anyone had a bad experience at woriburi hotel?

Thanks!

Bill Lee
11-20-05, 17:50
I did read the posts while booking, the Grand Business Inn and Grand Bengal (1st and 2nd choice) were booked. I saw that the Grand and Royal President had mixed reviews. I opt for the Zenith because it was close to the Marriot and Bumrungrad, two places I have to go to.

Lastly, LT was not a major motive on this trip. I'm carrying too much valuable (laptop, gifts etc...) to be worry about someone sneaking off with them in the middle of the night. So I guess I'll stay in the room during the day time and make like a rabbit all day long. Are pricing any different if you want multi-fun during the day?

Bill

Gladiator
11-20-05, 18:58
Bill,

When I stayed at the Zenith a few years ago they charged a joiner fee only after certain time (9 or 10 pm as far as I remember, there was a notice with the time on it in the room anyway), which was a problem for me because I used to pick up girls well after that time.

I once took a girl in before that time, at around 7-8 pm, and there were no security guards around so they didn’t charge me, even though I stayed all night with the girl in my room, but it seems that the security guys didn’t start hassling customers with guests till 9-10 pm.

If they continue with the same policy and you take girls in only during the day you might be OK.

I will never stay in this hotel again anyway, with so many GF hotels around it is pointless to stay in a non-GF one.

Wet Nose
11-20-05, 19:21
Song Tang,

Yes, sawadee.com is legit. I used their booking service just a few weeks ago. If you have any doubts, you can always call the hotel after you've paid the fee.

Tamurlane26
11-22-05, 15:50
This is perhaps odd for the Hotel Section to post some photos of the suites here as some might accuse me of working on behalf of the hotel !! All of which is not true.

I followed the recommendation of another member and checked in for the suite and was greatly impressed.

Better still was in the night I popped into Toxic and came across an old friend of mine - she then followed me up - as the girl I was with said she wanted to see me make love to someone else. Needless to say when push came to shove she changed her mind which left one in a dilemma when you have both in the room.

Answer is use the jacuzzi - so slipped into the jacuzzi with one from Toxic and left the other smouldering - the advantages again of a suite. Played around in the jacuzzi and then decided to ask the newcomer to leave - so to do this we had to have a shower to wash off the bubbles. So whilst the other was on the bed sulking i decided to use the shower as the location for the fun and games. To keep up the charade left the shower pointing to the floor and proceeded to enjoy a session with the other girl on the bathroom floor - a rapid session but made sure did not shoot the load so to speak.

Then said our goodbyes and proceeded back to bed with the first girl - "did you make love to her in the shower" - "no my dear otherwise how could I come again now" !!!

So enjoy the pictures of the crime scene and definitely worth a revisit - the journey to the airport at lunchtime took 35 minutes - another plus for a wonderful staff and a well priced stay.

Suite - THB 2900 - Deluxe TB 1900 - Normal - TB 1400 - would not recommend the normal as you can get the same thing closer to the action and the room is small.

One drawback - internet access is confined to a small room in the front but you can plug your laptop into the network - so a small price to pay

Coma Boy
11-22-05, 16:07
Chalky, nice hotel, but your girl looks kinda young.

The Traveler
11-22-05, 21:57
This is perhaps odd for the Hotel Section to post some photos of the suites here as some might accuse me of working on behalf of the hotel !! All of which is not true.

Chalky,

no way. I usually post pics of the rooms as well and others did that too. Pics say more than a thousand words and it is easier to get an impression how the room really looks like.

Keep going.

Notidik
11-23-05, 10:28
Bro Coma Boy,
Not funny la! Me and friends will be there on the 2nd but still cannot decide where to stay as I really dunno where's the happening place. 6 months ago I stayed at Novotell Siam Square which was costly around B4000 but that was ok because under company's tab. Now have to dig own pocket so looking for a cheaper alternative. Found from a travel website on Grand Nikko at Ratchadapisek (hope I spelled it right) so wonder if the location is good with happenings as it's only for B1400 and it's a 4 star?

Very funny Satan!

Samu Ray
11-23-05, 13:12
I am in Chiang Mai now. 11-23-05. Before coming to this place I stayed in BKK, in the Sukhumvit area. I won't mention which hotel I stayed in. There were jumbo size bugs, the toilet waste pipe backed up, it shure was disgusting. In Pattaya there is a magazine, free, for tourists in which they recomend not even gurgle with tap water. I remember reading posts on this board inquiring hotels with pools! unless they use bottled water to fiil up the pool, they won't even provide you with bottled water to brush your teeth!

The Traveler
11-23-05, 20:09
Bro Coma Boy,
Not funny la! Me and friends will be there on the 2nd but still cannot decide where to stay as I really dunno where's the happening place. 6 months ago I stayed at Novotell Siam Square which was costly around B4000 but that was ok because under company's tab. Now have to dig own pocket so looking for a cheaper alternative. Found from a travel website on Grand Nikko at Ratchadapisek (hope I spelled it right) so wonder if the location is good with happenings as it's only for B1400 and it's a 4 star?
Satan,

Ratchadapisek is a good location if you like MPs. At Ratchada Soi 4 is an area with clubs, discos and indoor bars. Lots of regular Thais there and only a few farangs. It's a good place to hunt non-P4Ps but speaking Thai would be of great help.

Asoke is the extension of Ratchada, so Soi Cowboy isn't that far. During daytime you might take the subway (MRT) and if you change to BTS at Asoke station Nana won't be far as well. But at night you got to take a cab but traffic won't be a big issue at that time.

Player2
11-25-05, 04:38
Hi All :

Kindly let me know the web site of Novotal Siam Sq. Is it a GF hotel ?
Any more info on this hotel pricing Etc. and area will be greatly appreciated.
I am coming back to BKK in about 10 days.
I will be posting a very detailed report as soon as I get back to USA.

Regards to all.
Tony USA

Traveler1234
11-25-05, 07:14
Hi All :

Kindly let me know the web site of Novotal Siam Sq. Is it a GF hotel ?
Any more info on this hotel pricing Etc. and area will be greatly appreciated.
I am coming back to BKK in about 10 days.
I will be posting a very detailed report as soon as I get back to USA.

Regards to all.
Tony USA

Well, you're really getting up there w/ your number of posts Tony boy. I think your question has been answered at least half a dozen times since I joined back in late September.

If you do RTFF, it's spelled Novotel and there are two locations....Siam Sq and Soi 33....that should give you a hint re being GF or not!

However, looking forward to your very 'detailed FR'......

Notidik
11-25-05, 07:41
The Traveler,
Thanks for your short but detailed advice. I have loaded this info onto my mobile so that I proceed to those areas you mentioned. Based on your details I have booked the hotel Grand Nikko. Its B1400 per nite and I wonder why is it priced so low? Hope it's good as the pictures shows....

Satan,

Ratchadapisek is a good location if you like MPs. At Ratchada Soi 4 is an area with clubs, discos and indoor bars. Lots of regular Thais there and only a few farangs. It's a good place to hunt non-P4Ps but speaking Thai would be of great help.

Asoke is the extension of Ratchada, so Soi Cowboy isn't that far. During daytime you might take the subway (MRT) and if you change to BTS at Asoke station Nana won't be far as well. But at night you got to take a cab but traffic won't be a big issue at that time.

Notidik
11-25-05, 07:54
Bro Traveler,
I have one more question. I have been to The Caribbean once last year and I really like the girls there. I think they should have easily 100-150 girls working there. It's not a disco or MP but more a bar with live performance. Any idea if I can get going with the girls there? Any rules any price? Thanks again man...opps what's the road name there if you know? Need to tell the taxi man..

Ditto88
11-25-05, 11:37
Brother Satan,

Carribbean is super expensive !! even more expensive than Soprano and the chance of getting laid at these places are like 1 % unless you are handsome and really loaded or a regular. The girls will string you along for a ride with drinks and before you know it, the bill comes to 30,000 baht and you are left without a pussy to warm your little brother.

Like what Coma Boy said, better leave these kinda place to the rich thai chinese. Better to go for a 2,500-3,800 shot at the MP's like Champ Elysee, Poseidon, Mirage..etc around Ratchada.

Sorry guys, know that it is a hotel thread...!!

Bro Traveler,
I have one more question. I have been to The Caribbean once last year and I really like the girls there. I think they should have easily 100-150 girls working there. It's not a disco or MP but more a bar with live performance. Any idea if I can get going with the girls there? Any rules any price? Thanks again man...opps what's the road name there if you know? Need to tell the taxi man..

Song Tang
11-26-05, 00:01
Song Tang,

Yes, sawadee.com is legit. I used their booking service just a few weeks ago. If you have any doubts, you can always call the hotel after you've paid the fee.Thanks, Wet Nose. Did they have to confirm with you whether the rooms was available or was their website accurate on the availability?

Long91
11-26-05, 15:32
The one a few doors away from Majestic Suites. I have to put them on the "Fuck these guys list!" After conferming with them twice about my RES. and my flight coming in at 11:50pm. I arrived to find they gave up my room. I read some where it happened to another guy. They offerred me a room a few doors away at the Top Inn, a friends hotel for 900 baht. Ha Ha. when I got there they said 1200 baht. I told them that the lady that sent me said 900 baht, and was told this was a newly remodeled room. what the hell, it was 1:30,I was tired as hell, just had a glimpse of the parade and I wanted some ass. Room not as I expected. Room was nice sized, clean, new cheap furniture and a good amount of space. Bad- 2 twin beds, shitty bathroom with drain in floor that smelled like rotten eggs, wall access panels hanging off, small as hell, and no fuckin hot water in shower (no Bathtub). But the thing that got me and was the deciding factor that led to me getting no ass, was, how my window, which had a ledge, had the lock broken. It was also strange that there was an escape ladder leading right down to it. Imagine that. Needless to say the not responsible for contents left in room clicked in my head. I propped a ashtray against the window so that it would fall if any one started to open the window. And than they would fall if I saw there ass. You can see it in the pic.

Nico1561
11-26-05, 18:46
Wow, what a place. 5 star quality at 3 star prices. The staff-to-guest ratio is amazing. Lots of service, lots of amenities, lots of quality. It cost me 2900 baht a night and I thought it was well worth it.

Thats Jim
12-03-05, 05:02
I stayed here for my two weeks in Bangkok, and I was very pleased with my stay at the Town Lodge. My first two nights I stayed in a suite on the 4th floor, which was ok, except they don't have an elevator.

So I asked to move so I got a standard room, on the second floor, from then on, which I thought was great. I didn't realize there was a mini fridge in the room till my second week there, which made it nicer by being able to store your own beverages.

It wasn't an unreasonable walk to the BTS or MRT station from there. The Soi Cowboy is basically across the street (sukmvhit) from the end of Soi 18. I found several reasonable restaurants ( A/C) for 100-300 THB on Soi 20.

They were very girl friendly, espically about bringing two girls.

There is free tuk-tuk, that will take you to a certain distance. Just go to the tuk-tuk driver and tell him where you want to go. One time I asked the front desk I wanted to go to SOi 7, and she said she couldn't authorize that far. But if you ask him, he's happy to take you.

Suite - THB 2900 - Deluxe TB 1900 - Normal - TB 1400 - would not recommend the normal as you can get the same thing closer to the action and the room is small.

Price for Standard(shower) is 1200 THB and Deluxe(bath tub) is 1400 THB.

One drawback - internet access is confined to a small room in the front but you can plug your laptop into the network - so a small price to pay

If you have wireless (w/ WPA) you can access it anywhere on the first floor (sometimes on the second floor if lucky). While I was there they were trying to install AP's on other three floors so you access the WLAN from your room.

Royal Parkview Hotel
This is a tall hotel on Soi 18. I stoped in here when I was looking for a place to stay. They quoted me a price of 1800 THB for the Junior Suite, Which on the internet they have for 2350. It was Ok, but it services a lot of bus tourists, and the quoted me a price of 800 THB for a guest. Though you may be able to walk a guest if its busy.

Premier Inn ?
This is a bare minumum hotel which allows guests. Its 900 THB , for either a that faces Soi 20, or w/ no window. Crowded bathroom.

Don King 888
12-04-05, 19:22
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Arnoma hotel is girl friendly? Was at the resaurant there earlier this year and saw a couple securitiy guards near the elevators. Just wanted to know if they charged joiner fees or not, or is it better to book as a double. It is across from the Central World Plaza on Radjamri.

Thanks

Tasman
12-04-05, 23:26
Hi,

Does anyone know if the Arnoma hotel is girl friendly? Was at the resaurant there earlier this year and saw a couple securitiy guards near the elevators. Just wanted to know if they charged joiner fees or not, or is it better to book as a double. It is across from the Central World Plaza on Radjamri.

ThanksI was there for 5 nights 2 weeks ago. VERY girl unfriendly. 1000 Bht jioner fee. Ask then FO.

Seydlitz
12-08-05, 17:47
Gents,

Has anybody stayed at the Grand Mercure Park Avenue Hotel (30 Sukhumvit Soi 22)? It is apparently the fullly renovated old Jade Hotel.

It looks great, and good value. A review from a fellow monger would be nice though.

Seydlitz

Nico1561
12-09-05, 21:19
Gents,

Has anybody stayed at the Grand Mercure Park Avenue Hotel (30 Sukhumvit Soi 22)? It is apparently the fullly renovated old Jade Hotel.

It looks great, and good value. A review from a fellow monger would be nice though.

SeydlitzI haven't stayed there but their website looks pretty good. Next time I'm in town I might check it out.

Long91
12-10-05, 09:51
Stayed there 3 nights this week. Nice, quiet, guest friendly. They give you 2 free bottles of water every day. Room is kind of small but makes it up in style, cabinet and desk space. Perfect for a monger. Ample storage space. nice design. Safe is small but fit my dell laptop, Ipod, Digital camera, Jewelry etc... with no problems. Staff is up kinda early cleaning, but oh well. I will give breakfast a 6. Its presentation scores the most points. No where secluded to eat. You are about 10' at most from the elevator. Heard there were reports of insects in the rooms and bathrooms. I searched and searched to never find any in my 3 nights stay. I will stay here again. Oh, I used Sawadee.com to book and had no problems. They want you to pay in full before arrival with no refunds. Up 2 you.

Player2
12-10-05, 11:13
Hi,

Thanks

I made res. for double and it was not a problem bringing in the lady.
But I know if your reservation is single than they charge you 1000 baht.

Kens14
12-11-05, 12:23
Hi,

I'm in BKK 3rd-7th Jan 06. I've tried to book at my usuals (Manhattan & Somerset) and they're fully booked. Precisionreservations seem to be taking 5 days to get back to me after initial booking enquiry to tell me that they're booked. I am now getting worried as I know this is the high season.

Does anyone here have any good recommendations for a hotel in the Suk area which will not be fully booked ?, or an online booking service which will get straight back to me. I know I should RTFF, but as you know from my posts I have provided info here. Further, if you care to take a trip over to the HK forum you'll see that I'm far too busy investigating another field of play to spend hours trying to book a gf hotel in Suk !

many thanks in anticipation of any help that I get,

Kens.

Seydlitz
12-11-05, 15:26
Does anyone here have any good recommendations for a hotel in the Suk area which will not be fully booked ?, or an online booking service which will get straight back to me.

You could just book from accor.com. They have 3 or 4 hotels in the Suk area.

Their website has interent special deals that you can book instantly on-line. While often more expensive than the discount rates advertised by the web travel agencies, at least you can secure a booking within seconds.

Bircow
12-11-05, 16:44
Kens!

Try Aiarooms. Cheap and good respons. Used them for many years. Never had a problem.

BTW, try Majestic Grande if your prepared to spent 3.000 a night. Best for that money in Suk.area in my opinion.

Samu Ray
12-11-05, 18:28
In sukhumvit area, soi 4, same soi Nana Hotel sits on, if you walk away
from Sukhumvit for three shorts blocks, you will see small Hotels for about
500 bhts. One of them, Happy Inn, it has ten rooms, a/c, bathroom inside,
no cable tv. It is always full. If they have something available, it will keep
you out of the srteet until you find something better! There are three or
four Hotels with better service around the same area.

Fly for Thai
12-11-05, 23:03
Hey guys.

I'm returning to Thailand in February 2006. This time I'm bringing a friend and we are each going to need our own room. I contacted Majestic Suites and Majestic Grande hoping for a special rate. I've stayed at both places before but never during a peak period. Majestic Grande was happy to offer the same rate that is advertised on their website. Majestic Suite tried to put us both in a double. Sharing a room with another guy while in Bangkok makes about as much sense as bringing a girlfriend to Bangkok, unless you are into that kind of thing.

I sent a couple more emails to Majestic Suites looking for two single rooms. I was told that they didn't have single rooms left. Now I know they book up early but this is ridiculous. So I phoned Majestic Suites (USA-Thailand). Guess what, I got two single superior rooms for the dates I need. No price break but hell those rooms are pretty cheap anyway. I got my email confirmation a day later. Unfortunately, it was for the right dates but for the wrong month. January instead of February. Called Thailand again (can't wait to see what this going to add up to on my Cingular phone bill). Got the dates corrected and a new confirmation sent to me.

I'm curious to see if they are overbooked when I get there in February. Anyone ever check into Majestic Suites when it's overbooked? Do they move their overflow to Majestic Grande?

Finally, has anyone stayed at Livingstone's Lodge yet?
It looks a little pricey. This is what Livingstone's sent to me when I requested pricing information:
Room Type
No. Rooms
Walk-In Rate
FIT Rate

Superior Room

Deluxe Room

Junior Suite

Executive Suite

http://www.livingstones.co.th/boutique-lodge/

Rawwy4
12-12-05, 06:49
G'day all,

I'm travelling to BKK on a short working trip, going in on 27/12 and leaving 29/12 & I will be putting up in Landmark Hotel. As I don't travel that frequent to BKK, I'm not familiar with BKK.

Just a few queries:

1) Does Landmark Hotel have it's own massage facilities and do they send the massuers to the rooms?

2) If not, where can I go that's walking distance as I do not have too much time to travel.

3) What are the charges in these places?

4) Where's a good place to pick up girls?

5) Where can I get overnighters?

Thanks in advance,

Wy4

Sainter21
12-12-05, 07:36
Kens 14,

I've stayed at the Nana, Manhatten and Honey, but I would recommend Ruamchitt Plaza on Suk, above Thermae. Good value (B900) with an awesome roof top pool. Matches the above places in terms of quality and is girl friendly.

booking@ruamjit.com

But I reckon you could rock up and score as room on the spot easily enough.

Duniawala
12-12-05, 11:49
Kens14

Stayed at the Manhattan after your recommendation. Although the place is nice and a little better than Ruamchitt Plaza, I don't think it is worth the extra.

I am sure you will get a room at the Ruamchitt. Or some other. I always use http://www.asiatravel.com as I have found their service very good.

Have fun.

1Ball
12-12-05, 14:00
A little help for the locals in place ?

hi guys, I know I am getting around to this a little late. I am looking for a room for 4 nights in Janaury, the 15th to be exact, in the Siam area, 4 or 5 star, which is not going to be full of guys and their BGs. I only have 1 website which offers instant confirmation, and I am striking out.
If any of you on the ground know of such a place, and could go the extra mile and call them, please report back to me via PM.

One thousand thank yous.

Kens14
12-12-05, 14:17
Dear all,

well our web community has come through for me, many thanks for all of your help and recommendations.

I've booked a room at The Stable Lodge - never stayed there, but it looks GF. My thinking is that once I'm in BKK, if I feel like it's going to be a busy day I'll book a day or two in the Ruamchitt Plaza. I've stayed there before & whilst it fulfills all the necessities I found it just a bit dark & grimy for my liking. So I figure I'll play at the Ruamchitt, whilst resting and keeping clean at The Stable Lodge - this way I get to keep my belongings separate from my pickups.

I know I could just book in a top level 5* for the same price as two rooms, but I love the idea of flexability and escape - I used this 2 room strategy in Brazil before and it was ideal.

Thanks,

W14, aka Kens14.

Nico1561
12-12-05, 16:29
In good faith I searched the archives to find any data on the Windsor hotel. My search came up with 140 pages of entries in the hotel section of the forum. Thus I have 2 choices: scroll through 140 pages until I find the post I'm looking for, or else ask whether anyone has any info on the Windsor, in which case I risk getting a nasty response telling me to search the archives.

In the future I'll no longer wonder why people ask a general query instead of searching themselves for the data. It may not be due to laziness but rather the inefficient search operation.

LittleBigMan
12-12-05, 18:02
After looking at the website for Livingstones it looks like they finally decided to finish the job of building rooms at the Livingstones. But the prices Fly for Thai posted are on the high side. In Nov-2004 and May-2005 I went by and did a tour and the rooms were not finished at that time and the place was real quiet. My last trip Nov-05, I just walk by but my next trip I'm going to have to check this place out in person. Although the prices are high it is a place you can monger and not be seen.

LBM

Marcopolo
12-12-05, 19:14
Guys,

I'm in Bangkok next week and am staying at a place in Lumpini (Bangkok 10120). Any idea how far this place is from the heart of the action?

Thanks in advance,

Nimboo

The Traveler
12-13-05, 00:05
...Does anyone here have any good recommendations for a hotel in the Suk area which will not be fully booked ?...

Kens,

what about the often mentioned and well known Grand President and Royal President. Best value for money in my opinion. Have you tried to contact them ?

http://www.bangkok.com/grandpresident/
http://www.grandpresident.com/hotels/grandpresident/default.asp

The Grand Business Inn in Soi 11 is a decent and clean but simple hotel

http://www.hotels2thailand.com/thailand-hotels-pic.asp?pic=4&id=754
http://www.hotels2thailand.com/bangkok-hotels/grand-business-inn-bangkok.asp

The Traveler
12-13-05, 00:10
Kens14,

oops, just saw your below post. The Stable Lodge is GF, don't worry.
You could also try to book a room opposite of it at The Promenade, nothing special but OK for your needs and also GF.
Down the same soi is the Royal Asia Lodge, rooms are worn down a bit but it is also GF and will fit your needs.

Marcopolo
12-13-05, 06:32
I arrive in Bangkok on Dec 27 and am staying at Charlie House (450bht) at Lumpini. Any one heard of this place?

How far is it from the action?

Thalenoi
12-14-05, 01:50
You would be better of by booking a Sukhumvit area hotel around 1000 baht, getting better value and within walking distance of the action. Will save you many bucks on taxis to/from the action and time it takes to get there.

I arrive in Bangkok on Dec 27 and am staying at Charlie House (450bht) at Lumpini. Any one heard of this place?

How far is it from the action?

Fly for Thai
12-15-05, 06:24
After looking at the website for Livingstones it looks like they finally decided to finish the job of building rooms at the Livingstones. But the prices Fly for Thai posted are on the high side.
LBM

I agree, those prices do seem high. But has anyone stayed there for less? Has anyone stayed there at all?

Also has anyone been denied a room at Majestic Suites do to overbooking?

Patrick
12-15-05, 19:45
Fly for Thai,
I tried to book a room for December at the Majestic a couple of months ago but it was fully booked even then, although I have been placed on the waiting list if anybody cancels. I have one week before I go to BKK and have not heard so I can only assume that it is still full, I have managed to book another hotel in Suk for my intended stay!

NY Buttman
12-16-05, 03:44
I am planning return trip to BKK in Feb. On my last trip stayed at Marriott Spa and Resort at Riverside. Nice hotel with excellent facilities and girl friendly, however quite far from the action. I am thinking about staying at Sheraton grand sukumvit or President Solitare hotel, this time around. Does anyone know if it is girl friendly?

Mike Asian
12-17-05, 00:10
I just came back from a three week stay in Thailand and had no problems finding a hotel in Bangkok. Arrived on a Wed. at 1 AM and got a room at Dynasty Inn on Sukhumvit for two days. Just a few yards from Nana Plaza. Nice rooms at 1100? Baht. Moved to Ratchada Rd. and The Siam Beverly. Across from Nataree and Subway Soapies. Think it was 1400 Bht.

Went travelling, came back to AC Park, Siam Beverly, Pattaya for a week, back to Bangkok to Bourbon Street in Washington Square. Not to bad a room, but not much action around there and I went to Raumchit on Sukhumvit for 1200 Bht for my last night. I went to all these hotels without a reservation.

Dashing Don
12-17-05, 15:10
I had been trying to get a reservation for five nights in January WITH breakfast at the Landmark on Sukhumvit by using their website but somehow the 'breakfast included' option wasn't available. Or I just couldn't find it.

Paying as you go, on a per breakfast basis, sometimes for yourself alone and sometimes with your girl, is an expensive proposition that can cost $40 or more, so I just like to have it included.

Then I read Travellers report of 12/12 where he provided a link to 'hotelstoThailand.com' and I got what I wanted. I'm not a frequent reader of the Bangkok Hotels section and probably wouldn't have spent the time reading hundreds of posts so I was happy to find the info in a recent post by The Traveler.

Thanks Trav,

Don

PosterLion
12-17-05, 15:36
I commend you as it looks like you are one of the few and one of the proud brave dilligent souls that took the time to understand and use the under-utilized and under-rated search function!

Congrats on your discovery of one of life's simple pleasures. It helps you be all you can be! :)

poster...

MartinNL
12-17-05, 21:29
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is very GF. Stayed there several times and never had problems bringing girls in, even > 1. Recently I also called 2 ladies which I have met before to visit me and the hotel staff escorted them to my room after calling me in advance with the question if I was expecting them.

I am planning return trip to BKK in Feb. On my last trip stayed at Marriott Spa and Resort at Riverside. Nice hotel with excellent facilities and girl friendly, however quite far from the action. I am thinking about staying at Sheraton grand sukumvit or President Solitare hotel, this time around. Does anyone know if it is girl friendly?

OzzieSuds
12-17-05, 22:04
I just spent two weeks in BKK using several hotels. Westin Sukumvit was overpriced (B5000 plus) and has lobby on 7th floor with long walk to primary elevators past bellboys and reception etc. Guest friendly but not really. Braodband B200 per HOUR! Grand President is a lot cheaper (B2400) but is undergoing renovation. Also has three towers in separate locations. Tower three entrance is over grease pit for German Restaurant which stinks. Charge extra for broadband (B200 perday) President Solitaire is excellent value (~B3200 including wireless internet ) with nice rooms and very good and discrete service. It is a long walk to Sukumvit though. Also stayed at Miracle Grand near airport which is OK but a conference attendee trap as there is nothing for miles.

Member #3401
12-18-05, 00:28
Anyone got any ideas about luggage storage in Bangkok. I arrive fairly late and leave for at trip to Cambodia early next morning. Expect to be back in BKK about 10 days later. Airport storage might be too expensive. Any idea how much? Expect on night in BKK and maybe one or two nights before travelling on.

The Traveler
12-18-05, 01:46
Blik2,

many hotels will store your luggage for free. Just ask at the reception of your hotel.

Marc25
12-18-05, 04:34
Anyone know how to get better rates from jwmarriott direct or an agency that will let you pay direct but gives you better rates

Tamurlane26
12-19-05, 11:09
Rest assured gentlemen I am going there tomorrow and will do the complete survey and including pictures of the rooms for the more discerning readers. It seems a nice place and the location is also good

Let us see if it lives up to the billing

Tamurlane26
12-22-05, 10:16
My apologies first as I was not well and did not take photos - which is just as well given that my bar fine to christen the bed was a disaster - please avoid Annie from Goya !!

The setup is superb I have to say the whole ambience is very impressive and if you wanted to go nowhere but within Livingstones for your stay you could have it all - two bars good food and nice GRO's in house ! Pool tables - the second nicely secluded for some serious players and a swimming pool to top it all off.

The rooms are nice - agree with the earlier comment that some might find it pricey but then the style is very Thai - nice wooden flooring and comfortably sized. The suites with the jacuzzis are well worth it - they are bigger than the Lodge - which was the subject of my last review !!

The difference here is that it is a self-contained unit of entertainment but if you want to venture out and about you have a whole street of bars and clubs to enjoy and 5 minutes walk from the skystrain to take you down to nana if that is your delight.

Staff friendly and no issues with girls feeling intimidated by them - you have may have an issue if this hotel starts getting taken over by the couples of the world who recognise a bargain !!

Is it worth recommending - YES

Guido the manager is a WSG friendly individual - he mentioned to me the jacuzzis were just nice for having a party and not to worry there was plenty on display in the bar if you got bored or could not find something yourself.

Final plus point for the traveller is that the internet access is superb and good quality in every room and wifi by the pool.

Well worth a visit

Traveler1234
12-22-05, 15:45
My apologies first as I was not well and did not take photos - which is just as well given that my bar fine to christen the bed was a disaster - please avoid Annie from Goya !!

The setup is superb I have to say the whole ambience is very impressive and if you wanted to go nowhere but within Livingstones for your stay you could have it all - two bars good food and nice GRO's in house ! Pool tables - the second nicely secluded for some serious players and a swimming pool to top it all off.

The rooms are nice - agree with the earlier comment that some might find it pricey but then the style is very Thai - nice wooden flooring and comfortably sized. The suites with the jacuzzis are well worth it - they are bigger than the Lodge - which was the subject of my last review !!

The difference here is that it is a self-contained unit of entertainment but if you want to venture out and about you have a whole street of bars and clubs to enjoy and 5 minutes walk from the skystrain to take you down to nana if that is your delight.

Staff friendly and no issues with girls feeling intimidated by them - you have may have an issue if this hotel starts getting taken over by the couples of the world who recognise a bargain !!

Is it worth recommending - YES

Guido the manager is a WSG friendly individual - he mentioned to me the jacuzzis were just nice for having a party and not to worry there was plenty on display in the bar if you got bored or could not find something yourself.

Final plus point for the traveller is that the internet access is superb and good quality in every room and wifi by the pool.

Well worth a visit

Hope you feel better.

Is Goya the Soi 33 bar where the girls wear different outfits each night. If so, I remember Annie, cute young thing wearing a red cowboy hat one night...I bought her a drink but she either spoke very little English or was just a cold fish (strange since I did buy her a drink). Got her number but then threw it away when I left.

Piper1
12-22-05, 17:10
Hi Guys - I'll be in BKK in a few days, from around 10am to 10pm (after airport time is accounted for). Looking forward to it.

On the way back I'll arrive BKK 930pm, and depart 5pm next day. Thai Air is putting me up at Amari Airport Hotel - not Fortuna after all. :(

I've done my research (be gentle with me Trav1234 ;) ), but no mention if Amari Airport Hotel is GF. If it's not, I may need to book another at my own expense. Any advice on this?

cheers

Piper

Traveler1234
12-22-05, 17:40
Hi Guys - I'll be in BKK in a few days, from around 10am to 10pm (after airport time is accounted for). Looking forward to it.

On the way back I'll arrive BKK 930pm, and depart 5pm next day. Thai Air is putting me up at Amari Airport Hotel - not Fortuna after all. :(

I've done my research (be gentle with me Trav1234 ;) ), but no mention if Amari Airport Hotel is GF. If it's not, I may need to book another at my own expense. Any advice on this?

cheers

Piper

Piper - a well constructed question requires an even better constructed response. Hopefully I'm not getting a bad rep for my RTFF to newbie questions :-)

I can't help per se with Amari but there were postings back in Oct re your specific situation. I personally would stay in town. A 'gentle' RTFF for these will provide more details.

In short, you've time for up to 3 or 4 escapades. Landing 9:30 pm is actually perfect...you'll have plenty of time to get into town, get a hotel close to Nana action areas for ST and/or LT. (Or you can just taxi to MP, then check into hotel and try to squeeze #1A at Nana area!) #1 and/or #2.

BeerG is open for morning action...#2.

Edens Club opens at 12 or 1 pm - 90 minutes of heaven (again mixed reviews on this place, I personally have yet to try it). #3

And plenty of time to catch your flight.

Happy holidays and enjoy.

1Ball
12-22-05, 17:49
Piper, I am pretty sure Amari airport is GF, I seem to recalll a few members mentionning it in the past, but it is far from the action.
if money is not an object, I would stay in the "pink" zone. It will be much easier for you to pick up some ST during the period you are there, and head back out for another. If you stay at the Amari, you will spend your time in ST hotels, and if you have 2 or 3 STs, the money you spend will be better spent on a nice 4 star hotel on Suk.
Also arriving at 9.30 PM, you can fly into town (figure of speach), and be in a bar by 10.30 PM. By going the amari route, you will check in, then have to go into town, all the while thinking you have to take a cab 30 minute back with your new love. If she is a dud, then what do you do? drive back again, to look again? Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

JMHO, of course. I am looking forward to reading your exploits

Piper1
12-22-05, 18:47
Thanks 1Ball and Trav1234 -

I'm in two minds - since I have a free room on my trip back to Dubai, right at the airport, I'll probably check in at Amari Airport Hotel then head to Nana (newbie-safe) area as you suggest. Once there, I'll have a look around, and play it by ear whether I take an extra room there or not.

I just spent an hour or so searching another forum - mixed reports about Amari, but bottom line - it's GF (for an 800 joiner fee). Also has a massage centre, with 10-20 quality gals available for full service at 4000 for two hours (I can hear you screaming from here :)). Also a day-room option (starting from three hours at about US$30. Both options okay if one has only a few hours to spare.

I won't use either option, even on my shorter first stop-over (10am-10pm). Prefer to have a look around the Suk/Nana area and have a ST girl and room there.

Thanks again,

Piper

PS - For those interested - I also read of massage places with HJ in airport Terminal 2, and even some WGs hanging around in Terminal 2 and in Amari cafes and lobby.

PPS - received a PM suggesting I try hook up with someone who knows the place, to show me around. Happy to do that, so let me know. Have to warn you though, I'm fickle - I may dump you for someone prettier in no time. ;)

Coma Boy
12-22-05, 18:59
but bottom line - it's GF (for an 800 joiner fee).That makes it NON-GF.

Piper1
12-22-05, 19:05
That makes it NON-GF.
Hi Coma Boy - going by Dubai definitions, non-GF means "no girlfriends allowed in at all" (maybe fellow Dubai guys will correct me on this - I rarely use hotels in Dubai). Here, some "GF" hotels will charge double rates or a nominal fee to let you bring your girl in, some don't charge extra.

cheers

Piper

Traveler1234
12-22-05, 19:08
Thanks 1Ball and Trav1234 -

I'm in two minds - since I have a free room on my trip back to Dubai, right at the airport, I'll probably check in at Amari Airport Hotel then head to Nana (newbie-safe) area as you suggest. Once there, I'll have a look around, and play it by ear whether I take an extra room there or not.

I won't use either option, even on my shorter first stop-over (10am-10pm). Prefer to have a look around the Suk/Nana area and have a ST girl and room there.

Thanks again,

Piper

PS - For those interested - I also read of massage places with HJ in airport Terminal 2, and even some WGs hanging around in Terminal 2 and in Amari cafes and lobby.

PPS - received a PM suggesting I try hook up with someone who knows the place, to show me around. Happy to do that, so let me know. Have to warn you though, I'm fickle - I may dump you for someone prettier in no time. ;)

Hey brothers, Piper1's reputation in Middle East precedes him. Help him out...Meaty - u in town to show him our favorite Catherine MP during his 10 am to 10 pm layover?

Coma Boy
12-22-05, 19:32
Piper, in Bangkok GF refers to either no joiner-fee when walking in with a girl, or two girls, or three ladyboys, or having only to pay a joiner fee if single-occupancy was booked.

Non GF means having to pay a joiner-fee even with a double-room booked. I don't think there is anywhere in Thailand that doesn't allow a girl back. Worst case scenario here is the dreaded joiner-fee which really isn't that bad on a holiday but for those here long-term would be annoying.

I have some questions about Dubai, I'll PM you.

Piper1
12-22-05, 20:23
Piper, ... I don't think there is anywhere in Thailand that doesn't allow a girl back. CB - Very different story here. Technically, you can be arrested for being in the same hotel room, or even same car as a gal if she isn't your wife or family member. Very rare in practice, but it happens.

I have some questions about Dubai, I'll PM you.
Answered your PM.

cheers

Piper

Jaimito Cartero
12-22-05, 20:36
Hi Coma Boy - going by Dubai definitions, non-GF means "no girlfriends allowed in at all" (maybe fellow Dubai guys will correct me on this - I rarely use hotels in Dubai). Here, some "GF" hotels will charge double rates or a nominal fee to let you bring your girl in, some don't charge extra.

cheers

Piper

Well it's all semantics, but I always say if they charge anything extra it's *not* GF. 800 Baht is near the cost of a love motel cost near Nana, so I certainly wouldn't encourage them.

Coma Boy
12-23-05, 05:17
800 Baht is near the cost of a love motel cost near Nana.The love motels start at around 270 Baht, plus they have gyno chairs.

Such value!

Bees11
12-23-05, 08:27
I just downloaded the asiarooms website and I accessed the Swiss Park Hotel and I saw that it was classified as a 4 star hotel and it cost only $28 US a night including breakfast.

I was just wondering from anyone has stayed there is it good value and most importantly is it GF friendly?

Swiss Park Hotel

Address : 155/23-24 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Sukhumvit Rd., Bangkok 10110, Thailand

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/swiss_park.html

Tamurlane26
12-23-05, 15:17
Correct - you could not miss her - she has a huge lion tattoo on her back and a tiger on the right leg - there is nothing like a good piece of tattoo work to identify poor performers !!

As is am now in Saudi for a few days so recovery is guaranteed as there is nothing else to do apart from look at camels !!

Was curious though on the Gulf Air from Thailand to Bahrain the plane was well stacked with talent and am assuming that our Bahrain counterparts are planning an enjoyable if not expensive Christmas !

Greetings to all and have a happy holidays

Member #3401
12-26-05, 04:13
Could anyone tell me whether the following hotels are GF - ie if joiner fees etc are required?

Leela In
Euro Inn

Sting
12-26-05, 09:38
well, good hotel but joiner fee :-(

Member #4530
12-26-05, 11:45
Swiss Park Hotel - not guest friendly unless you book double occupancy - than it is tolerated. Rooms are nice but nowhere near 4-star. Buffet breakfast has improved in last year. Has small swimming pool. Major construction on east side (Soi Cowboy direction). The staff will put all farangs who've booked through discount agencies on that side of the building unless you kick and scream. Most rooms have two small beds and no matter how much you ask for one king bed, your often end up with the two small beds. Large rooms. Cleanliness is excellent. All rooms have in-room safes. Hotel website at: http://www.swissparkhotelbangkok.com/

Waffles

I just downloaded the asiarooms website and I accessed the Swiss Park Hotel and I saw that it was classified as a 4 star hotel and it cost only $28 US a night including breakfast.

I was just wondering from anyone has stayed there is it good value and most importantly is it GF friendly?

Swiss Park Hotel

Address : 155/23-24 Sukhumvit Soi 11, Sukhumvit Rd., Bangkok 10110, Thailand

http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/swiss_park.html

The Traveler
12-27-05, 23:00
Waffles,

the Swiss Park isn't guest friendly at all. I had a look at their rooms on my last trip, asked about room rates and guest policy.

If you book a single they will charge you 400baht joiner fee and if you book a double - which cost 200 baht more than a single - they will still charge you an additional 200 baht joiner fee.

So the only advantage of booking a double will be a second breakfast.

Sting,

as already said, I had a look at the rooms in the Swiss Park and I got to say that they are worn down. The Grand Business Inn close by is a much better deal.

BTW, electronic in room safe at the Swiss Park for those interested.

Member #4530
12-28-05, 10:37
I've brought 50+ guests in to the Swiss Park over the past few years and there is no joiner fee if you've booked double occupancy. They may have said otherwise to discourage mongering guests.

The hotel is not guest friendly. The staff does not particularly appreciate P4P guests but they tolerate it (w/ double occupancy).

I stay there as its in my price range and my business associates in BKK believe I'm staying in a "clean" hotel.

Agree there's many hotels as good or better nearby.

Waffles,

the Swiss Park isn't guest friendly at all. I had a look at their rooms on my last trip, asked about room rates and guest policy.

If you book a single they will charge you 400baht joiner fee and if you book a double - which cost 200 baht more than a single - they will still charge you an additional 200 baht joiner fee.

So the only advantage of booking a double will be a second breakfast.

Sting,

as already said, I had a look at the rooms in the Swiss Park and I got to say that they are worn down. The Grand Business Inn close by is a much better deal.

BTW, electronic in room safe at the Swiss Park for those interested.

Sameer Good
12-29-05, 06:42
Hello 1Ball - another total new bie visiting Bangkok here too - can you tell us which zone's fall into the "Pink" zone please? :) If you can also recommend a few good hotels in the Pink zone - wud really apriciate it.

Thanks

Piper, I am pretty sure Amari airport is GF, I seem to recalll a few members mentionning it in the past, but it is far from the action.

if money is not an object, I would stay in the "pink" zone. It will be much easier for you to pick up some ST during the period you are there, and head back out for another. If you stay at the Amari, you will spend your time in ST hotels, and if you have 2 or 3 STs, the money you spend will be better spent on a nice 4 star hotel on Suk.

Also arriving at 9.30 PM, you can fly into town (figure of speach), and be in a bar by 10.30 PM. By going the amari route, you will check in, then have to go into town, all the while thinking you have to take a cab 30 minute back with your new love. If she is a dud, then what do you do? drive back again, to look again? Aaaarrrrgggghhhh

JMHO, of course. I am looking forward to reading your exploits

Berty Boy
12-29-05, 23:42
I have been offered a free nights stay at the Mandarin Hotel, in Sliom Road, with my flight in March.Can anyone tell me if it is GF or not? I tried using the search feature on this thread but got no results.

Traveler1234
12-30-05, 03:24
Hello 1Ball - another total new bie visiting Bangkok here too - can you tell us which zone's fall into the "Pink" zone please? :) If you can also recommend a few good hotels in the Pink zone - wud really apriciate it.

Thanks

Sameer Good - sent you a pm to your other 'newbie' post and got blasted by fellow seniors for being so gentle with you. So much for my new year's resolution...

To maintain my senior standing, suggest you do the following:

RTFF
FAQ
Reports of distinction

If you come back with what is 'RTFF' or still can't figure out what the 'pink zone' is by then, send me a pm and I'll recommend a really good English teacher to help your reading skills....:D LOL

Coma Boy
12-30-05, 08:04
I have been offered a free nights stay at the Mandarin Hotel, in Sliom Road, with my flight in March.Can anyone tell me if it is GF or not?If it is free it doesn't really matter if it is GF or not.

Worst case scenario is that you pay a small joiner fee.

Retired Army
12-30-05, 10:25
You might consider the Park Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 7. It's conventiently located directly across from the Beer Garden.

Sameer Good
12-30-05, 14:40
Hey There - gosh sorry about dirtying the forum guyz... didnt mean to ;-)

RTWF RWER GHEJ LEKD SERFKR KWJFGT

Sameer Good - sent you a pm to your other 'newbie' post and got blasted by fellow seniors for being so gentle with you. So much for my new year's resolution...

To maintain my senior standing, suggest you do the following:

RTFF
FAQ
Reports of distinction

If you come back with what is 'RTFF' or still can't figure out what the 'pink zone' is by then, send me a pm and I'll recommend a really good English teacher to help your reading skills....:D LOL

Chelsea Boy
12-30-05, 17:25
If it is free it doesn't really matter if it is GF or not.

Worst case scenario is that you pay a small joiner fee.Mandarin hotel charge B800 to bring guests in to the hotel.

Chelsea Boy
12-30-05, 17:28
Mandarin hotel charge B800 to bring a guest into the hotel.

Piper1
12-31-05, 03:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marteau
Thx for picture !

I know this room very well.

Isn't the hotel in soi 7/1?

Star Inn, something like that.

Marty - I would have thought many of the rooms looked the same, no? Someone PM'd me asking where the room was (he liked the mirrors). I told him I thought my honeymoon suite was called Starr Inn (my new love brought me there, she's so romantic). Thanks for confirming. I think it's next to Eden Club.

Now where are the rooms with the slings etc???
Cheers

Piper

Frank Pole
12-31-05, 08:10
Mandarin hotel charge B800 to bring a guest into the hotel.Is that with paying for single or double occupancy?

Berty Boy
12-31-05, 20:05
Thanks Chelsea Boy,

in response to coma Boy's comment, I have already arranged my first nights entertainment with a couple of girls who are willing to let me photo and video the session.We have even talked about a third girl(I will decide when I see a picture)The idea of staying in Silom Road appealed to me, as after my last trip I wanted to get away from the Nana area and a certain Bg. So at 800bt a girl, it would be cheaper to take a deluxe room at the Majestic, who are used to me parading in and out with several girls in tow.I only intend to stay in BKK 1 night before moving onto PTTY.