PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Bangkok Hotels

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Admin
01-01-00, 02:00
2006 Bangkok Hotels

Ralph Kramden
01-01-06, 13:25
This 4 star hotel is an outstanding value for those including me who don't mind staying away from the center of Bangkok. I stayed there for 1600 BHT/night last week. The breakfast buffet is very good and the hotel is very conveniently located on the MRT. It is only a 3 minute walk to the MRT Rachadapisek stop. From there, Asok station on the BTS is only 20 minutes, also only two stops away from the MPs near the Emerald Hotel and one stop from the Poseidon. I commuted to Bumrungrad Hospital in 45 minutes by train and foot. Can't tell you if girl friendly or not because I like to use MPs, but did see a couple of monger/girlfriend pairings. I will definitely stay there again.

1Ball
01-02-06, 01:26
Could any of you send me in the right direction please?
I am looking for a friendly hotel in the Siam area with a fairly large LAP POOL.
most hotels have pools, but some are rather small, or strangely shaped.
I swim laps every morning.

thank you

Freeler
01-02-06, 01:38
1Ball,

Perhaps you better post this question here:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1662

Samus is a swimmer, he will know!

Piper1
01-02-06, 08:00
I would recommend Ruamchitt Plaza on Suk, above Thermae. Good value (B900) with an awesome roof top pool ... and is girl friendly.
I'm a lap swimmer too, so this place sounds good for my next layover Jan 6. Plus it has Bush Garden pool-table bar - even better. And I hear there are friendly girls in the area.

Is the pool a lap pool - 25+ metres?

cheers

Piper

PS - anyone want to buy my voucher for Amari Airport Hotel 6 Jan? No? Didn't think so. Free if anyone wants it - I can leave it at reception.

PPS - astounded at how cheap the hotels are in BKK - first time I've checked.

Duniawala
01-02-06, 08:06
I'm a lap swimmer too, so this place sounds good for my next layover Jan 6. Plus it has Bush Garden pool-table bar - even better.

Is the pool a lap pool - 25+ metres?

cheers

Piper
50 ft is more like it. But the hotel is nice though.

Piper1
01-02-06, 08:17
50 ft is more like it. But the hotel is nice though.
Thanks - small pool, but good price (9 beers) and good location etc. I'm booking as we speak.

Member #3401
01-02-06, 09:20
Could anyone tell me if Grand China Princess is guest friendly

ThaiVisitor
01-02-06, 10:05
Mandarin hotel charge B800 to bring a guest into the hotel.
As I understand, there's no charge if you register the girl but there will be additional charges if there is an additional girl which was what I had the last time I was there.:D

Cheers
Tee Vee

1Ball
01-02-06, 14:31
i'm a lap swimmer too, so this place sounds good for my next layover jan 6. plus it has bush garden pool-table bar - even better. and i hear there are friendly girls in the area.

is the pool a lap pool - 25+ metres?

cheers

piper

ps - anyone want to buy my voucher for amari airport hotel 6 jan? no? didn't think so. free if anyone wants it - i can leave it at reception.

pps - astounded at how cheap the hotels are in bkk - first time i've checked.

piper, the ruamchitt plaza seems to have a nice pool.
http://www.asiatravel.com/ruamchitt/v2.html
photographs can be deceiving though. i know you will be there next week, even if you don't use it, since you will probably go to bush for the pool tables, can you take a quick peek, and report back? another important point for me, is in room internet. does a anyone know if it is available there ?
the price just seems a bit low for something decent.

1ball.

1Ball
01-02-06, 14:51
1ball - I'll use the pool and the pool tables. Will also have time to check out other pool-table places like Gullivers as you recommended.

I'll let you know about Ruamchit pool, but Duniawala mentioned it's about 50 feet - so 18 metres or so - smallish, but good enough.

cheers

Piper
sounds good Piper. it looks good on the website, but you never know.
BTW, thanks for the link to 4 points. Will be arriving Feb 1 or so. Let's have that party !

Piper1
01-02-06, 14:56
Just remembered - I did check out the rooftop pool when I was wandering around there - too small for lap swimming - maybe 10 metres. So yes, the pic is deceiving.

I still might stay there - other possibility is Town Lodge Soi 18. Read some interesting reports here and elsewhere.

cheers

Piper

1Ball
01-02-06, 14:58
Just remembered - I did check out the rooftop pool when I was wandering around there - too small for lap swimming - maybe 10 metres. So yes, the pic is deceiving.

I still might stay there - other possibility is Town Lodge Soi 18. Read some interesting reports here and elsewhere.

cheers

Piper

LOL. am checking it also.
great minds think alike !

Duniawala
01-02-06, 15:08
1Ball/Piper

The Ruamchitt is a budget hotel. No stars. The rooms are decent size (except do not take rooms ending in '2' like 2502) and bigger than Manhattan. The place looks worn out but it is clean and decently kept. No in-room safe - only at reception. No breakfast included, but you can go to the 8th floor and they have a small kitchen serving basic breakfast off the menu.

The TV in the room looks new but the cable service sucks. Only a few channels come clear. CNN & HBO are the only English ones.

Individual ACs in the room, sometimes a little noisy.

The pool is on the 8th floor. I am not a swimmer so I never use it. But I do see other people using it, so it must be ok. As for size about 40-50 ft looks right, but don't hold me to it.

The only internet is in the 2nd floor bar called M's Bar. Opens at 5 pm. They have a couple of computers on the internet but it was free last time I checked. Just have to buy beers or other drinks.

On the plus side is the Bush Garden Bar and the Thermae below it. So it is really convenient for downstairs-upstairs activity.

I like it for it's convenience and the friendly staff. And it's totally girlfriendly. You can take 2 at the same time with no problem, but they balk at more. One time I did it they wouldn't let me take them, till I told them that the 3rd one was for my friend (who had checked in at the same time as me).

Have fun.

Member #3401
01-03-06, 00:19
I am looking for a good budget hotel in the Suk area that is guest friendly with in room internet access. I prefer if there is not signing in or joiner fee for my guest(s).

I presume WORABURI SUKHUMVIT would have to meet these requirements given its situation in Soy 4?

LEELA INN is in Soy 3?

PRINCE PALACE is closer to the central area but has better facilities than the two others as well as being closer to my non-mongering activities.

I am going to prepay for my whole stay so it would need to be satisfied that there are no problems bringing guests in.

I have stayed at Grand China Princess but with family. I looked like others were brining guests in but don't know whether a joiner fee was charged.

Evil Penivel
01-03-06, 19:00
I am looking for a good budget hotel in the Suk area that is guest friendly with in room internet access.

The three you name are all low end, but the Prince Palace is the best of them. the Leela Inn is the BKK equivalent of a Skid Row flophouse, they don't always change the sheets between guests. Avoid it all costs. The Woraburi is a run-down hotel for younger hardcore Nana partiers. No problems with bringing back girls if you're in a double room, but they charge a joiner if you have a single. The Prince Palace is five notches above the Leela and three notches above the Woraburi, but not exactly luxurious. It's main attraction is its location in the garment district, but if that's not your business, not much point in staying there. It was guest friendly several years ago, but I don't know about today. I have no idea about Internet access.

Cheers,

EP

Coma Boy
01-03-06, 19:08
The Woraburi is a run-down hotel for younger hardcore Nana partiers. No problems with bringing back girls if you're in a double room, but they charge a joiner if you have a single.And so they should. A single room is for single occupancy.

Charging a joiner-fee when a single-room has been booked doesn't make them un-girl-friendly, just sensible. And what sort of bonehead books a single in the first place.

Anyway, Woraburi isn't too run down, it is only about four years old, it ain't great though, and many of the guests are fucking losers. The largest suite in the place isn't too bad though given its bargain price.

Forgive typos, I just caught my face on the corner of a glass coffee table. So fucking painful.

PosterLion
01-03-06, 19:29
Have you been drinking too much again Sir? Mai pen rai... I'm just jabbing you a bit.

On a different note, I'm thinking of making an impromptu jaunt to Chaing Mai Friday morning to check out a gal I know from BKK. I need to get out of BKK because the Mia/not-yet-100-%-ex Mia is driving me bats.

Can you recommend me a decent and cheap guest house to stay at while I'm there. It's probable that I'll just shack with her in the guesthouse she's at already but one never knows and good info is good info.

If you can help me out then feel free to post here on in th CM section which I reckon would be more appropriate.

thanks in advance.

poster

P.S. I now place myself under public arrest for breaching article 1 chapter 1 verse 1: failure to RTFF. But hey man! I'm in a hurry and need to plan my trip and at the same time there is a hottie girl that has called me wanting to meet me tonight so as to breach my moral standing. I told her not to worry because the memory of the last time has my morals standing already.

I'm off! wing wing wing! ;)

poster

Rawwy4
01-04-06, 03:21
Just thought I would inform everyone that Landmark charges 1k Bhat for bringing in guests and they have to leave their ID cards at the security desk. This wasn't what the receptionist told me when I asked her before inviting my guest to my room. Just wanted to check is the 1k normal for Landmark or was the security desk trying to rip me off?

Thankfully for me, I managed to get them in FOC :)

Evil Penivel
01-04-06, 19:14
Just thought I would inform everyone that Landmark charges 1k Bhat for bringing in guests and they have to leave their ID cards at the security desk.

I have stayed at the Landmark many, many times and never encountered any problems whatsoever, no matter how many girls I brought back. Asking for the girl's ID is pretty much standard in BKK and for your own protection, but asking a 1,000B joiner isn't. Unless there's been a recent sea-change in policy (and that is possible, I've heard from others that the Landmark is less guest-friendly that it once was), it was either private initiative by the security guy or else the hotel took a dislike to you for some reason and wanted to discourage you from returning as a guest.

Coma Boy
01-04-06, 20:31
Landmark is as friendly as ever, just an asshole security guard.

Anyone asked for a fee by him should report it to hotel management, or just kick his ass.

Rawwy4
01-05-06, 00:47
If the security wasn't going to allow me, I was going to go see their managers, as I had asked the receptionist on the hotel's policy about invited guests. Usually, I play nice first, then I push my way around after that, afterall, we're guests.

Piper1
01-05-06, 02:56
1Ball/Piper

The Ruamchitt is a budget hotel...
Update on Ruamchitt - going rate was 900, but they quoted me 1300 including taxes. Booked out until next Wednesday, so no good for my layover tomorrow night.

Staying at Town Lodge instead - small GF hotel - 2800 including taxes. I read a few reports about it - sounds like a fun place to stay (and Toxic Bar in the basement).

1Ball
01-05-06, 03:06
Just booked 5 nights at the JW Marriott for 80 USD / night on priceline.
With taxes, it comes to 95 per night.

Kens14
01-05-06, 06:06
for information:

i'm currently staying at the stable lodge - soi 8, it's a great little hotel and totally girl friendly. i'm paying 1,395bht / night (no breakfast). the hotel is very well located for nana (back route past [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s means you don't have to venture onto suk), and walking distance to soi cowboy.

the rooms are a fair size, v.clean, ac, tv, minibar and a powerful shower with plenty of hot water. they all have a balcony.

the hotel is danish owned and the emphasis is more family oriented than mongering. so i haven't brought any daytime action back- i'd feel a bit uncomfortable. however, after 11pm all the families are safely tucked up and you can do what you want ! the desk staff are professional, security guard friendly. they take the girls id card & ring you to ask whether everything is ok when she leaves.

the hotel is a little revelation, excellent for [CodeWord901] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord901)'s and a few other bars in soi 8 - i think my former favourites (manhattan & somerset) have just been relegated !

Member #3409
01-05-06, 08:40
Stayed at the Banyan Tree many a time and not once had to pay a joiner fee nor had a girls ID taken. The security guards always seem to make it known to you that they are looking away and not seeing that you are bringing a bird in.

My last few visits I've had a regular girl who spends most nights with me and they more or less treat her like my wife which is good, even to the point of turning down the bed for a couple at night.

Dumdass
01-05-06, 10:13
Hi,

Would like to know if the Amari Atrium is girl friendly? It says on the website that you have to use your hotel key card to use the elevator. Nothing about joiner fee.

Also, can fellow mongers help enlighten me on the subject of girl friendliness? Does it only comes into play if I'm bringing in guest(s) at night or overnight? What about having guest(s) over during the day?

Thanks for your time. Tried searching for it, but nothing came back. Except for some indirect mention.

Capt JB
01-06-06, 03:41
Just booked 5 nights at the JW Marriott for 80 USD / night on priceline.
With taxes, it comes to 95 per night.

1Ball,

That is not a bad rate for the JW Marriott. I have stayed there several times and it has always been great. The girls love the place because they get treated as if they were wives by the staff. When you check in ask them how much to upgrade to the executive floor. This gives you and your girl/girls breakfast in the executive lounge on the 16th floor between 6am & 10am for free. They also open the lounge back up at 4 pm with open bar and finger foods and around 6pm put out heavier foods such as bar-b-que ribs, shrimp ect. This can pretty much cover your food needs for the day.
I just tried priceline at $75 for 7 days but it was a no go. I will try again in a couple of days. Am also thinking of giving the Majestic Grande a try. Ever stayed there?

Fly for Thai
01-06-06, 04:23
stayed in jw marriott and majestic suites before, and ms has been very accomodating for my needs. the marriott is great but ms is a much better value. only problem is no high speed internet.

i sent an email to majestic suites a couple days ago. here is there response to my question to them about bringing a laptop and high speed internet availability:

thank you for your email. the power outlet has two
sockets for flat plugs. we do have people who bring the
laptop and use in our rooms. there is a wireless lan available
in our rooms.

looking forward to being of service to you soon.

so i guess they do have high speed. can anyone else confirm this?

thanks

Gypsie King
01-06-06, 06:32
i was there in september and they had wi-fi in the bedroom. you pay a flat fee for 24 hours access on your laptop. i don't remember the price exactly, it was around 200 or 300 baht.

i sent an email to majestic suites a couple days ago. here is there response to my question to them about bringing a laptop and high speed internet availability:

thank you for your email. the power outlet has two
sockets for flat plugs. we do have people who bring the
laptop and use in our rooms. there is a wireless lan available
in our rooms.

looking forward to being of service to you soon.

so i guess they do have high speed. can anyone else confirm this?

thanks

Coma Boy
01-06-06, 08:07
What about having guest(s) over during the day?Everywhere is 100% guest-friendly during the day (before 9pm).

JuiceSpike
01-06-06, 14:12
fly,

i believe that the majestic only offers regular not high speed internet becuase i asked them last may when i had to stay there for 2 days waiting for my room to open at another hotel.

you can use your laptop across the street at starbucks, they have a wireless highspeed (thai standards) connection.

juice

Chelsea Boy
01-06-06, 14:51
high speed internet acess also can be found in the amari boulavard hotel,just go into the bar on the ground floor,next to the reception.set up your laptop and away you go.

Fly for Thai
01-07-06, 01:52
Well, one thing is for sure. Either Gypsie King or JuiceSpike is more or less right. Guess I'm going to go with Gypsie's account since it agrees with Majestic Suites response. If Starbucks is free and it's just across the street I'm going to go with that place then and save the 1/2 a barfine price for 24 hours of internet.

I think that this has been brought up before but I would like to touch on it again. Laptops and digital cameras used in the USA can often be plugged right into outlets in Thailand. No special adapters are needed. Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks

Fly for Thai
01-07-06, 02:21
fly,
you can use your laptop across the street at starbucks, they have a wireless highspeed (thai standards) connection.
are you referring to the starbucks in bumrungrad hospital? or is it across the street near a tony roma's i think??? i thought there was some sort of coffee shop next to the subway restaurant near majestic suites. anyone know what kind of place that is? does it have a hot spot?

what is (thai standards)? will my wireless card work over there or not? does that refer to a speed? so long as it's faster then dial up i don't care.

guess i'm addicted to the laptop. it's nice to have all the info i've accumulated on thailand with me.

Traveler1234
01-07-06, 02:24
are you referring to the starbucks in bumrungrad hospital? or is it across the street near a tony roma's i think??? i thought there was some sort of coffee shop next to the subway restaurant near majestic suites. anyone know what kind of place that is? does it have a hot spot?

what is (thai standards)? will my wireless card work over there or not? does that refer to a speed? so long as it's faster then dial up i don't care.

guess i'm addicted to the laptop. it's nice to have all the info i've accumulated on thailand with me.

'slower' than fast/normal broadband speed :d

Capt JB
01-07-06, 07:33
Well, one thing is for sure. Either Gypsie King or JuiceSpike is more or less right. Guess I'm going to go with Gypsie's account since it agrees with Majestic Suites response. If Starbucks is free and it's just across the street I'm going to go with that place then and save the 1/2 a barfine price for 24 hours of internet.

I think that this has been brought up before but I would like to touch on it again. Laptops and digital cameras used in the USA can often be plugged right into outlets in Thailand. No special adapters are needed. Can anyone confirm please?

Thanks

My laptop and digital camera will both plug into 110 or 220 volt power. Take a look at your transformer plug on each item. Looking at my Fujifilm camera transformer right now and it says 100 to 240 volts AC input and 5 volts DC output.

Coma Boy
01-07-06, 10:51
Are you referring to the Starbucks in Bumrungrad hospital? EVERY Starbucks in LOS has wireless internet access.

Hung Man 1808
01-07-06, 11:17
i was there in september and they had wi-fi in the bedroom. you pay a flat fee for 24 hours access on your laptop. i don't remember the price exactly, it was around 200 or 300 baht.

that is an improvement on the situation last march. i enquired about internet connection, and was told a 'laptop' port was in each room. which turned out to be a connection for dial up internet access, and i didn't have an account.

so it was over to starbucks across the road for their wi-fi access. around 600 baht for five hours access if i recall correctly, with a decent speed. it was still a pain to take the laptop across, and held up activities one day, as i was waiting to download mail while my new found thai friend and her sister were waiting to take me out. what a waste of valuable time!

in 2001 i used to visit the internet cafes further down sukhumvit in one of the office towers (near the sheraton grande). you could lug your laptop in there and connect using a network cable. however, despite being relatively young and fit, i was finding it enough of a battle to lug myself from soi 4 to this location everyday, let alone take along a laptop.

even if the in room wi-fi isn't very fast at majestic suites, at least you can connect up and download items (like mail) overnight while you are busy with other activities. going elsewhere with your laptop, you can't multitask.

JuiceSpike
01-07-06, 13:58
fly,

yes, the sturbacks is near a tony roma's on suk. check your pm. what i mean by high speed "thai standards" is the sometimes spotty connection. i'm used to fast cable speeds connection.

juice

Kens14
01-07-06, 15:53
i can't help on the in-room service, but mcbeans coffee in soi 8 has an excellent free wi-fi connection. the speed runs upto 100mbps, as fast as my broadband at home. on top of that they have a smoking area, plug points and do stunning coffee & great snack sandwiches.

as for 'lugging your laptop there', i invested in a twinhead f10dt. it only cost 7,000hk$, is the size of a piece of a4 & weighs only 700grams - can't beat it !

how about getting out of the hotel room, scoping bkk by day whilst checking the inbox ?

Fast Eddie 48
01-07-06, 18:13
AW grand business inn in suk soi 11 have WI-FI , new hotel didn't try just saw
the linksys router in the hall way they also have a internet cafe down stair by
the resturant 80 baht an hr , nice location 1200 bht a night .

fast eddie 48

Thunderbird2
01-08-06, 03:15
Does any body have any Experience of the Asia Hotel. I think it is near the MBK center. I would proberly go in march or April. Does any body know if they let you bring girls back? I would obviously book a double room.

Thanks

The Traveler
01-08-06, 12:22
Fast Eddie,

1ball stayed there a few months ago and he reported that the wi-fi reception was quite bad on certain floors/rooms.

Acerboy
01-08-06, 16:17
AW grand business inn in suk soi 11 have WI-FI , new hotel didn't try just saw
the linksys router in the hall way they also have a internet cafe down stair by
the resturant 80 baht an hr , nice location 1200 bht a night .

fast eddie 48
fast eddie,

I stayed on the 4th floor of the grand business inn(GBI). Had no problems with connections. They have routers on certain floors.I even managed to hook on to GBI router when I was staying at the Swiss Park Hotel, which is close by. Customer service is so so at the reception desk especially from the old lady at the counter.

Coma Boy
01-08-06, 19:03
Does any body have any Experience of the Asia Hotel.I've never stayed there, but I know it very well, it is connected to Ratchatewi BTS, and is in an excellent location.

It is a major package tour, and tourist hotel, with a popular ladyboy cabaret, and Elvis impersonators etcetera.

I would doubt it is GF, then again, as they probably don't have too many mongers staying, they may well overlook the occassional guy bringing in a guest.

There a security guards at the lifts but they are super friendly, try making friends with them before when you check-in. Especially the happy chubby lady with all the badges.

If questioned when bringing in a guest, just laugh about it and point out you've booked a double room.

Doesn't really answer your question though, sorry.

Sean_Double
01-08-06, 20:32
Does any body have any Experience of the Asia Hotel. I think it is near the MBK center. I would proberly go in march or April. Does any body know if they let you bring girls back? I would obviously book a double room.

Thanks

T-Bird,
I can't answer definitively whether the Asia Hotel is GF or not, but I've stayed there with my slutty looking Thai girlfriend..just kidding, and no one batted an eye. I don't know what they'd have done if I'd brought in a trio from the Biergarten so I'm not really answering your question either.
The location is really good, but if shopping at MBK or whatever is the reason for staying there, its really just about as easy to stay on Sukhumvit and take the BTS. The rooms are sort of a drab '70's style and seem sort of worn down.
On the plus side, they have a very good Vietnamese restaurant.

Cheers,
Sean

Piper1
01-08-06, 21:15
Have to give this place 5 stars for fun and style. I arrived about 1030pm from the airport. First thing I did was pop my head into Toxic bar next to reception. A guy asked me if there was no-one at reception - I said there was - just having a look. Turns out it was Ring The Bells (RTB) who I'd read about - manager of the bar. He came out to make sure I was looked after. I was. I took my luggage up to my jacuzzi room - wonderful! I could see a good night coming up (and thus it was).

Town Lodge is at the end of Soi 18, and it's only a couple minutes walk to Sukhumvit, and the Tuk-tuk driver is there if you want him, free of charge. A modest tip highly appreciated by the driver. It's only a few minutes from any of the hotspots. Check-out time is really up to you. I checked out at 2pm.

The rooms are new, nicely decorated (I had the Marylin Monroe jacuzzi room, but no Marylin, so I had to make do with busty Fon and energetic Nee, at different times of the night).

Toxic Bar was a bit quiet in the short time I was there (except for one Wowser34 - I'm trying to get him to post on this site - he's a wild guy and a damned good writer if you don't need punctuation). Toxic Bar is great to chill out and easy to chat to people.

The now-famous Jen the bartender will melt you with her smile. She's gorgeous, highly educated (and smart too). If you speak French, she will gladly oblige.

Ring The Bells is a cool guy and can show you around town if he's not busy, or at least tell you enough to get into trouble of the nicest kind. He and Wowser showed me around many places over a few hours. I'm still recovering.

I paid 2900Bt for the room - well worth it. I actually had a free room at Amari Airport Hotel if I wanted it, but chose to try out Town Lodge instead after reading about it. Glad I did. Great atmosphere and people and better than a sterile 5 star.

Oldbuthappy
01-09-06, 00:12

ThanksQuite often there is a voltage rating on the power cord or attachment. On my Dell laptop cord it states: 100 - 240 Volts AC 50 - 60 cycles. I can use it in USA, Japan, other parts of Asia and Europe. Best to check the rating before you blindly plug it in

Fast Eddie 48
01-09-06, 00:40
fast eddie,

I stayed on the 4th floor of the grand business inn(GBI). Had no problems with connections. They have routers on certain floors.I even managed to hook on to GBI router when I was staying at the Swiss Park Hotel, which is close by. Customer service is so so at the reception desk especially from the old lady at the counter.

to acerboy

Do you mean that skinner old indian looking one she do have a bit of an attuide but most staff is very nice to me , mostly is very girl friendly and
that the most important .

fast eddie 48

Traveler1234
01-09-06, 15:34
Those posters who made the time and effort to reply to Tony's half-a-million-or-so RTFF questions might be interested in his reply to a polite pm I sent him asking if he was going to post his "detailed report":

"FUCK YOU MOTHER FUCKER BASTARD"

TT - you should feel honored to get a pm reply. I also pm him a while back with same request and he was silent...LOL!

Seriously speaking, let's leave him alone, I'm sure he's not a bad mother f.... dude :D

Player2
01-09-06, 17:14
I am very sorry Terry but I never sent you any PM.

Coma Boy
01-09-06, 17:57
"Fuck you mother fucker bastard" - LOL! Good advice for all of us, I guess.

I like to think of myself as a mother-fucker bastard.

And Tony, why deny it? Mister T wouldn't just make this up.

Thunderbird 2 - The Asia Hotel, surprisingly appears to be guest-friendly after all. I just left there at 23:30 and the guards weren't in their usual lift spot. Plus the lobby is always full of people anyway, reception wouldn't spot a stray girl in the crowd when you ask for your key, and once you got to the lift I don't think the guard (if he/she is even in position) would say anything either.

I asked one of the girls who works in the lobby bar as well, and she'd never heard of a joiner-fee policy.

Best advice anywhere, when in doubt is to be super-friendly, ultra-charming, and don't act guilty, oh and never pay a joiner-fee to a guard, if it comes to that just grin and bear it and have it placed on your bill. You can dispute this on check-out if necessary.

Anyway, I reckon Asia is GF.

Terry Terrier & Tony USA- that is so fucking funny, I needed a laugh, it's been an emotional day.

JuiceSpike
01-09-06, 18:06
Terry,

Very funny burst... :eek:

Tony: if you never sent Terry a PM do now... Apologize for anything and everything.

juices

Player2
01-09-06, 18:16
Terry,

Very funny burst... :eek:

Tony: if you never sent Terry a PM do now... Apologize for anything and everything.

juices

I have sent Terry and Traveler an apoligized PM explaining the whole situation.

Traveler1234
01-09-06, 18:27
I have sent Terry and Traveler an apoligized PM explaining the whole situation.

Just for the record, and I am not bashing TonyUSA - he has been sending me a trail of PMs since this morning:

1. to apologize (not sure why since he didn't do anything to me)
2. then telling me his wife found out about ISG and she was the one that actually pm TT with the F... message! ROFLMAO
3. 3rd and 4th PM was for me to retract my post - which of course I won't, since I didn't say anything negative, just the plain facts.

So once again, for the record: "let leave TonyUSA alone and give him the benefit of the doubt"...he's got enough problems with his old lady catching him jack off while reading all the detailed FR posted by others :D

Coma Boy
01-09-06, 18:34
Tony's wife caught him?

Surely she's not gonna forgive his Thai sexploits.

She could be reading this right now, in fact, it may be used as evidence during the divorce.

Nevermind, no-one needs a wife these days.

I feel for Tony, but that is fucking funny...

Traveler1234
01-09-06, 18:40
Tony's wife caught him?

Surely she's not gonna forgive his Thai sexploits.

She could be reading this right now, in fact, it may be used as evidence during the divorce.

Nevermind, no-one needs a wife these days.

I feel for Tony, but that is fucking funny...

That's what he said, his wife sent the PM to Terry Terrier cuz she found the messages and his ISG site....

Coma Boy
01-09-06, 18:50
Well, the moral of this story is to either kill/divorce your wives, stay single, or just be a lot more fucking careful when discussing infidelity online.

Poor Tony.

JuiceSpike
01-09-06, 19:02
Tony,

Man, sorry but I can't stop laughing... it's tragic enough that is too funny. How did this happen? If is it all true I feel for you as it sounds the wife is not a "happy camper..." :D

Cheers. Hey, life is short. Live it up and hard.

juices

Member #2924
01-10-06, 01:54
Can anyone tell me if the Emporium or Marriott Mayfair Apts are girl friendly?
Is there a preference between the two with respect to amenities and service?
How far is the Emporium from skytrain?

In advance, thanks for any responses.

Catmonger
01-10-06, 07:52
Capture programs are the end of many marriages. Or is it online sex discussion / planning? Chicken or egg.

I don't care who you are, that IS funny.

Piper1
01-10-06, 13:20
Recently there were a couple of posts about BKK hotels with large lap-swimming pools. FYI - here's one below. I'll try it on my next layover in a few months.

For four years I've travelled to and from Australia two or three times a year with Brunei Airlines, stopping a few hours at Brunei Airport on the way, when I could have had layovers in BKK instead! I'm still slapping myself on the head. 10-12 potential visits to BKK missing from my life. Stoopid stoopid me!

The Crown Hotel
503 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 29
Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
Phone: 258-0318/258-0319 (ask for Mr. Dang, manager)
Fax: 662-258-4438

JuiceSpike
01-10-06, 16:12
Player or Tony,

If you are going to change your handle name I suggest you also change the reports you posted under Tony USA becuase your wife will figure it out soon enough that is the same guy...

Actually, I suggest you start looking for a "smart" divorce attorney.

Seriously, just delete all your posts before your wife can print them, etc.

Also, the name Player does not really fit you. Think about... :)

juices

Traveler1234
01-10-06, 16:48
Player or Tony,

If you are going to change your handle name I suggest you also change the reports you posted under Tony USA becuase your wife will figure it out soon enough that is the same guy...

Actually, I suggest you start looking for a "smart" divorce attorney.

Seriously, just delete all your posts before your wife can print them, etc.

Also, the name Player does not really fit you. Think about... :)

juices

Actually should not fear his wife reading his past posts...not much in them except silly questions. Maybe she can answer some of them...

Seriously, Tony, just post a FR of your visit to LOS and all will be forgiven. That's all we really want to read...some good hard action!

LOL

Sean_Double
01-10-06, 17:33
Recently there were a couple of posts about BKK hotels with large lap-swimming pools. FYI - here's one below. I'll try it on my next layover in a few months.

Yo Piper1,

Thanks, good tip. For those of us who are used to swimming a mile or two every day these small pools that most hotels have can create a challenge. Who wants to swim 400 short laps in a small or crowded pool?

BTW,

A couple of years ago, after about 50 trips to Thailand I discovered that my athletic club at home has reciprocal guest privileges at three of the probably nicest private athletic clubs in BKK. Two of these have wide 50 mtr. pools and the other one a rarely used 25 mtr. pool. I just mention this because it's allowed me to stay in a nice little hotel with a small pool and work out in the big boy pools. If you happen to belong to an athletic club at home its worth checking out whether they have these arrangements.

The other benefit of the BKK private BKK athletic clubs is they're a great place to meet upper class college age or young professinal type girls if that's what you're after. These places are definitely not the place to take your Isaan bargirl girlfriend for a dip though, the rules of one of them (that I'll leave unnamed) has a blanket rule against "a foreign guest bringing a Thai national as a guest."
Cheers,
Sean

Thegreekgod
01-11-06, 01:01
Would anybody be able to recommend any economical hotels with room DSL access in Bangkok?

Coma Boy
01-11-06, 05:04
Can anyone tell me if the Emporium or Marriott Mayfair are girl friendly?

Is there a preference between the two?

How far is the Emporium from skytrain?
Emporium is connected to the sky-train, and a much better location if you like Sukhumvit, if you need to be in the business district go for MM.

Of course they're GF, they're apartments.

Acerboy
01-11-06, 05:27
Would anybody be able to recommend any economical hotels with room DSL access in Bangkok?
Grand business inn suk soi11, Bhat1200/night. RTFF and you will see this hotel and others stated.some reading will help. economical? state you budget, makes life easier for the rest to recommend.

Allover
01-12-06, 08:58
JuiceSpike,

When you change your handle here all of your prior posts automatically change to the new handle. Its one of the many interesting features of these boards.

T Vega
01-14-06, 09:46
Would anybody be able to recommend any economical hotels with room DSL access in Bangkok?The Grand business inn is a good choice suk sio11 very central I was there the beginnin of Jan. and will be staying there again at the end of the month.

Business inn phone number is 66 22557 1558 they could connect you to the Grand business inn they are charging 1500 per night. You could save a little of money by calling Blue house travel 66 2930 0973. sorry I don't have thier web site they charge 1380 per night plus breakfast. As for safes they have the boxes in the lobby and they hold all the keys you are given an envelope which you sigh and they tape. I have not had any problem the staff has been very good.

Hope this helps

The Traveler
01-15-06, 13:06
Kuranyi,

the Grand President has some decent sized pools. But many upscale hotels like The Marriott, Imperial Impala and others have nice pools too.

Why not have a look at their websites to see pics and decide then ?

Sean_Double
01-15-06, 20:52

The Crown Hotel
503 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 29
Bangkok, 10110, Thailand
Phone: 258-0318/258-0319 (ask for Mr. Dang, manager)
Fax: 662-258-4438

Yo Kuranyi,

If lap swimming is what you want to do you might want to follow Piper1's tip about The Crown.

If you just want to relax and take a dip in a smaller impeccably clean, nice, smaller pool at a moderately priced hotel you might want to try the Federal on soi 11.

Cheers,
Sean

Retired Army
01-16-06, 03:22
GBI is a nice place in a good location. The only bad thing I have heard about it is that it is noisy inside the hotel. You can hear converstaions in other rooms and every time a door shuts on your floor. What I do in these situations is save the foam ear plugs from the aircraft and use my Bose noise canceling headset.

Freeler
01-16-06, 22:43
Dik,

Why shout?

JuiceSpike
01-16-06, 23:13
Dik,

600 baht sounds a bit high but some bars at NEP may ask that. Usually the bar fines in gogos is 400 to 500 for either long time or short time.

Gogo girls ask from 1,000 to 2,000 for short time and 2,000 to 3000 for long time. If you are a newbie the girls will more likely ask for the higher price.

GO GET SOME!

juices

The Traveler
01-17-06, 00:59
Juice,

standard barfine at NEP is 500 and some ask for 600.
Never heard of 400 anywhere, at least for a couple of years now. It once has been 150-200 at gogos and 50-100 at bars :( but that was long before your time during the good old days.

ThaiVisitor
01-17-06, 04:43
DEAR GUYS,

I AM NOW IN SUKUMVIT AREA AND i NEED YOUR KIND ADVISE ON HOW MUCH REALLY THOSE LADIES IN THE BAR AT nep IS CHARGING FOR LT AND ST, I HEARD THE BAR FINE IS 600 BAHT. PLEASE HELP AND WHICH BAR IS BEST AND NOT RIPLING.

THANKS
Rainbow Series (1, 2, etc, etc) charges 600 Baht for barfines. Many others are 500 Baht. Haven't heard of 400 Baht, not in the last 5 years.

Try Rainbow 3, its good. Angel Witch is also one of the better ones.

By the way, its my opinion only.

Actually, you should just bar hop abit to find which suits you. Just be sure you know how to differentiate between ladies and layboys.

Cheers
Tee Vee

Capt JB
01-17-06, 06:42
Hi!
I am looking for a nice hotel pool in the sukhumvit area.Any recommendations?
Thanks
Kuranyi

I have stayed at the Marriott a couple of times and their pool is very nice. No problem taking your guests to the pool.

Gypsie King
01-17-06, 08:03
Rainbow Series (1, 2, etc, etc) charges 600 Baht for barfines. Many others are 500 Baht. Haven't heard of 400 Baht, not in the last 5 years.

Try Rainbow 3, its good. Angel Witch is also one of the better ones.

By the way, its my opinion only.

Well, I share that opinions, I like to see the rainbows girls, they are my kind of body type favorites. But after several trials, I discovered that they are used to the japanese customers who must go for a quickie and don't bargain much the price.

Angel witch is a lot better, I will say that 2/3 of the time, the angel witch was really a sweetheart aiming to please. And prices can be discussed better with them without the cussing you get from some rainbow girls.

Coma Boy
01-18-06, 13:47
Guys, I've heard that Dynasty Inn's new project in soi 6 is very good.

It's called New/Grand/Grande Dynasty or something, and is apparently much nicer than the shitty crappy old Dynasty Inn in soi 4.

My friends are staying there right now, and they prefer it to Majestic Suites, and most other places in the area (apart from Maj-Grand and JWM).

Could become the number one monger hotel in the Nana zone.

JuiceSpike
01-18-06, 15:00
Coma,

Four years ago I had to stay in the Dynasty Inn Soi 4 for a night (my flight to Samui was cancelled and no other hotels available) which was a big mistake... The room had so much mold that you could smell it. I stayed up all night in their coffee shop drinking coffee and reading and falling asleep...:D

Do you know if the new Dynasty is far inside soi 6 away from Suk?

juice

Coma Boy
01-18-06, 15:08
Juice-

It's on the stretch of soi 6 that is connected to soi 4, before the corner leading back up to Suk, after that group of five or so crappy bars.

I'd seen this place being built for ages but had no idea what it was to be. Then some friends called me up two nights ago and said they were staying there, it just opened on their first night there.

Am out of town (CNX) but if they're still there when I fly back down to BKK I'll go inspect.

Yeah, Dynasty Inn, Nana City Inn, Rajah, Nana Hotel, etcetera are all fucking disgusting. Similar to many of their patrons in fact: mouldy, smelly, scabby, shitty, shit.

Cheongka
01-18-06, 17:04
Hi!

I am looking for a nice hotel pool in the sukhumvit area. Any recommendations?
Thanks

KuranyiNana hotel. The most happening area. You can get lots of FL there a night or just walk across....:)

Patrick
01-18-06, 19:07
Does anyone know anything about the Royal Nana on Soi 4, I was told it's an ok place last time I was in Bangkok so did a search here and on the web but have found nothing. I have a feeling that it's probably a shit hole also but if anybody knows could they please advise!
Thanks.

Retired Army
01-19-06, 03:56
Does anyone know anything about the Royal Nana on Soi 4, I was told it's an ok place last time I was in Bangkok so did a search here and on the web but have found nothing. I have a feeling that it's probably a shit hole also but if anybody knows could they please advise!
Thanks.

I assume you are referring to the Nana Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 4, directly across from Nana Entertainment Plaza. It's definitely not a four or five star accomodation. More like a two or maybe a three on a good day. It's O.K. is about the best recommendation you will get. It has a good night club on the bottom floor and is very girl friendly. It also has all the basic amenties, such as a pool, sit down toilet, bed with occasionally clean sheets, etc. It's also very conveniently located close to the Skytrain and action. Just insist that you don't get a room directly over the disco unless you like to be kept up until 01:00.

Syphonoid
01-19-06, 08:43
I usually stay one night or two at the most at the nana and then have a look around. The royal nana is seperate and is opposite side of the road near The Grace hotel - cant remember if it is before or after the grace as you head away from sukhumvit, havent ever been there but have seen the sign.

The nana is pretty ordinary, "worn out" is how I would describe it, excellent location for activites and you can get looked after if you are nice and friendly to the housemaids. Clean sheets everyday, towels lots of water etc.

Will be heading back to BKK for my 5th trip in February. Love the place, the girls etc etc etc.

JuiceSpike
01-19-06, 16:40
Thanks, I know where it is now. The hotel was under construction for a loong time... at least for 4 years.

juice

Retired Army
01-20-06, 04:21
The royal nana is seperate and is opposite side of the road near The Grace hotel - cant remember if it is before or after the grace as you head away from sukhumvit, .

If it's across from the Grace Hotel then it is on Sukhumvit Soi 3 not 4.

Taz Marine
01-20-06, 04:53
Moved from Pattaya thread for Uzinuzin.

I had no problem at Dynasty BKK. The room was ok (I had a large room) but the real benefit was the location and the friendly staff. It was my second hotel stay in BKK and was much better than my first which was Somerset. The things I didn’t like about the Somerset were the water pressure and temperature.

Red Cork
01-20-06, 08:51
i have not been to bkk for a couple years now. will be arriving evening 28th. jan. i'm looking for a girl friendly hotel that is very clean with pool near sukhumvit. i don't like nana, grace,dynasty,manhatten,or ambassador.
i stayed at royal president suites last time on expense account. it was nice but too pricey this time as it's my own coin. would like to find something around 1500 baht.
any suggestions fellow pooners?
any info on the federal hotel?

Member #3399
01-22-06, 21:52
Hi all

7th trip to Thailand and first with my wife. Headed to Hua Hin and I am looking for a nice hotel less that 100 dollars a night that is near to but not in the middle of the action.

Any suggestions please pm or advise, I have reviewed the hotels in Hua Hin and it seems quite upper end for sure.

Additionally is it worth it to spend a night or two in the Shangra la hotel in BKK, should one book in advance.

Freeler
01-22-06, 22:05
Canada,

List of Hua Hin hotels in 'Other Areas"

Marpa
01-23-06, 00:37
I spent a week in Hua Hin last year, with my wife, and stayed at Hyatt Regency Hotel. This was one of the upper end hotels 110 dollars but it is very luxurious and we certainly were spoilt there. The only snag was that it was one of the furthest away from the centre (about 15min.).

We thought that if we returned we would stay at the H.H.
Marriott Resort & Spa which looked similiar, with large grounds, pools and beach concession, was cheaper, 70 dollars and better positioned. It was closer to the centre but not that close to the centre of the action.

A popular Hotel and a landmark in H.H. is the Sofitel Central. This is right in the heart but has lots of grounds
and you can feel well concealed, away from the hustle outside once past the gates. It was 85 dollars a night.

If you're there with the wife its best to pamper her & choose a very good hotel if you want to keep returning. Take her to a Spa and keep her occupied, go for separate rooms and enjoy your ML while she is having a massage. At the hotels massages can be quite expensive, the corceige at our hotel recommended Ruen Kaew Thai Massage & Spa along the main road tel.0-3251-6222-5. The price for a 2 hour oil massage was 400 bht . This had a goldfish bowl, which can be overwhelming, fortunately my wife had no clue about this type of parlour, more so as it was recommened by our hotel. We let the reception choose the girls and once in separate cubicals, the girl was quick to agree to give a special service for an extra 1000 bht.

We have also stayed twice at the Shangri-la Hotel in Bangkok and would most definately recommend it. We had booked our hotels on the net with pricisionreservations.com, who are reliable, safe and best of all, obtain you a very competitive price.

Hi all

7th trip to Thailand and first with my wife. Headed to Hua Hin and I am looking for a nice hotel less that 100 dollars a night that is near to but not in the middle of the action.

Any suggestions please pm or advise, I have reviewed the hotels in Hua Hin and it seems quite upper end for sure.

Additionally is it worth it to spend a night or two in the Shangra la hotel in BKK, should one book in advance.

Fast Eddie 48
01-23-06, 01:30
Nana hotel. The most happening area. You can get lots of FL there a night or just walk across....:)

to cheongka / kuranya

windsor suite near askoe skytrain station and soi cowboy , Large room and
nice pool 2500 baht a night , Much better place than the nana hotel have no problem bring girl back even some post said that is not girl friendly.

fast eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48
01-23-06, 01:35
i have not been to bkk for a couple years now. will be arriving evening 28th. jan. i'm looking for a girl friendly hotel that is very clean with pool near sukhumvit. i don't like nana, grace,dynasty,manhatten,or ambassador.
i stayed at royal president suites last time on expense account. it was nice but too pricey this time as it's my own coin. would like to find something around 1500 baht.
any suggestions fellow pooners?
any info on the federal hotel?

to red cork

I don't think you will find a hotel with a nice pool for 1500 baht near sukhumvit area , should just go to pattaya instead you like to swim
I think nana is the close as it gets .

fast eddie 48

1Ball
01-23-06, 02:18
1ball,

that is not a bad rate for the jw marriott. i have stayed there several times and it has always been great. the girls love the place because they get treated as if they were wives by the staff. when you check in ask them how much to upgrade to the executive floor. this gives you and your girl/girls breakfast in the executive lounge on the 16th floor between 6am & 10am for free. they also open the lounge back up at 4 pm with open bar and finger foods and around 6pm put out heavier foods such as bar-b-que ribs, shrimp ect. this can pretty much cover your food needs for the day.
i just tried priceline at $75 for 7 days but it was a no go. i will try again in a couple of days. am also thinking of giving the majestic grande a try. ever stayed there?

sorry capt jb, only just now saw your post. i was doing some research on the jw, and there was your question. i must have been on my lovely 30 plane ride when you posted.
yes i have stayed at the mg. about 1 year ago, or a couple of weeks after they first opened. very nice, though a very small lobby, so the walk of shame takes place under the bright lights, not that anyone really cares, it seemed 90% of guests were hobbyists. the pool is crappy though, and i like to swim laps. breakfast also was poor at best.
if you can hit priceline, and get the marriott for 80$ or so, there is no comparison.
since you have stayed at the marriott before, (so have i, but i don't remember this) what is the deal with their high speed internet? is it available in the rooms ?

Capt JB
01-23-06, 07:34
sorry capt jb, only just now saw your post. i was doing some research on the jw, and there was your question. i must have been on my lovely 30 plane ride when you posted.
yes i have stayed at the mg. about 1 year ago, or a couple of weeks after they first opened. very nice, though a very small lobby, so the walk of shame takes place under the bright lights, not that anyone really cares, it seemed 90% of guests were hobbyists. the pool is crappy though, and i like to swim laps. breakfast also was poor at best.
if you can hit priceline, and get the marriott for 80$ or so, there is no comparison.
since you have stayed at the marriott before, (so have i, but i don't remember this) what is the deal with their high speed internet? is it available in the rooms ?

thanks for the information. the jw marriott has high speed internet in the rooms and charge you for its use. i had hopes that my wireless laptop would hook on to their system for free but that did not happen. it did happen at the marriott in pattaya.

Coma Boy
01-23-06, 09:12
windsor suite near askoe, large room and nice pool 2500 baht a night... have no problem bring girl back even some post said that is not girl friendly.Windsor is NOT GF. There is strict enforcement of joiner-fees. The only way round this is to return to the room before 9pm.

The Traveler
01-23-06, 22:00
Has anybody ever stayed at The Grand Hotel on Ratchadapisek Road ?

http://www.thegrandhotelgroup.com/bangkok/index.php

It's quite new as far as I know.
Would like to know if the rooms really look like at their website.
Is the pool and gym any good ?

Fast Eddie 48
01-24-06, 04:11
Windsor is NOT GF. There is strict enforcement of joiner-fees. The only way round this is to return to the room before 9pm.

to coma boy

I stay there 2001 and 2002 like the pool , bring girl back from soi cowboy 3
time , they never check id in the front desk may be thing is change or i been
lucky .

fast eddie 48

Coma Boy
01-24-06, 06:45
Has anybody ever stayed at The Grand Hotel on Ratchadapisek Road?It's nowhere near as nice as it looks on the website.

Good location for those who like that part of town, bad for the NEP fans though. Could do with a total refurb, the rooms are worn out, not particularly clean and showing their age.

I wouldn't stay there again.

Member #2041
01-24-06, 09:26

i gotta disagree about the majestic grande. at least when i stayed there in november, the breakfast was consistently outstanding, as were the rooms and the service. the best price you can get at the jw marriott on priceline nowadays is $80 plus fees and taxes, which comes out to more like $95 per night or more, and no breakfast is included in that rate. i will acknowledge that the pool at the marriott is much nicer, especially for doing laps, but to me, that was the only major advantage of the marriott vs. the majestic grande, and the fact that the mg cost $20 less per night vs. the best priceline rate, and that included a breakfast that was, to me, easily worth $8-10/person.

1Ball
01-24-06, 09:46
2041, as stated previously, I was at the MG right after they opened. Maybe they have worked out the bugs, but the breakfast was boring at best. Of course, I have a favorite little woman on Soi 11, opposite Zanzibar, who makes the BEST Hainanese chicken and rice, and I normally go there first thing in the AM. Better than any breakfast buffet.
Will report back after my stay at the JWM, in regards to breakfast. Capt JB suggests I upgrade to their executive floor, where breakfast will apparently be included.

Player2
01-24-06, 16:58
I gotta disagree about the Majestic Grande. At least when I stayed there in November, the Breakfast was consistently OUTSTANDING, as were the rooms and the service. The best price you can get at the JW Marriott on Priceline nowadays is $80 plus fees and taxes, which comes out to more like $95 per night or more, and no breakfast is included in that rate. I will acknowledge that the pool at the Marriott is much nicer, especially for doing laps, but to me, that was the ONLY major advantage of the Marriott vs. the Majestic Grande, and the fact that the MG cost $20 less per night vs. the best Priceline rate, and that included a breakfast that was, to me, EASILY worth $8-10/person.

I think MG is a better bet comparing MG and JWM.

Capt JB
01-25-06, 03:22
2041, as stated previously, I was at the MG right after they opened. Maybe they have worked out the bugs, but the breakfast was boring at best. Of course, I have a favorite little woman on Soi 11, opposite Zanzibar, who makes the BEST Hainanese chicken and rice, and I normally go there first thing in the AM. Better than any breakfast buffet.
Will report back after my stay at the JWM, in regards to breakfast. Capt JB suggests I upgrade to their executive floor, where breakfast will apparently be included.

The breakfast in the executive lounge at the JW Marriott is really first class. They have a buffet as well as a cook doing eggs to order, waffles. About anything you could want and of course your girlfriend is welcome with no questions asked. This goes on from 6am to 10:30 am. They open the lounge back up at 4pm with open bar and finger foods. Around 6pm they put out heavier items such as bar-b-que ribs, large shrimp, roast beef, a number of Thai dishes ect. Pretty easy to make your evening meal here. Between that and a late breakfast you just about have your food budget covered. Granted it's a few bucks more but what the hell.

Rikusa
01-25-06, 07:07
Stayed at Majestic Grande 7 days through Christmas and was treated very nice. Breakfast was free for both me and my friends. Was booked in a grande superior for 2990 Baht. But was upgraded to a suite at no charge as there where no smoking superior rooms available. Pool is very small right next to the breakfast room. Moved Then to Majestic suites for 3 weeks and enjoyed the smallness and service. No bugs as was reported here weeks ago. 1165 baht a night was a deal. TG showed me foodland for good cheap grub. Soi 5 across from Amari.

Coma Boy
01-25-06, 07:33
JWM beats MG hands down.

Especially the restaurants and lobby etcetra, but the rooms and corridors are starting to show their age a little. The suites are great.

The best thing about MG is the weird lift and crazy carpets and colour schemes in the corridors.

Member #2041
01-25-06, 08:37
JWM beats MG hands down.

Especially the restaurants and lobby etcetra, but the rooms and corridors are starting to show their age a little. The suites are great.

The best thing about MG is the weird lift and crazy carpets and colour schemes in the corridors.

Considering that they are across the street from each other, I certainly don't see any problem eating at the JWM's restaurants when staying at the MG. In fact, the last time I stayed at the MG, I ate in 2 of the Marriott's restaurants. It's my view that the regular rooms are equivalent in the two places. For my money, if the price is the same, or at least within $20/night of each other, I'd stay in the Marriott. For any more of a premium than that, I'd stay at the MG.

Borg Killa
01-25-06, 15:31
This is where I always stay when I head over to BKK, I love the location. Easy access to the skytrain, easy access to Siam Square and the 3 Malls across the road Discovery, etc etc.

After a long day walking about the row of foot massage joints is great.

CM2 is downstairs alot of FLs and Russian girls

The hotel requires you to register your girl before you head to your room, I have no problems with that. Staff are very polite and apologize for any inconvenience. I tell them its ok. Better for my own personal safety ($$$$).

They have just refurbished the rooms a few months ago and it is quite nice.

Cheers

Borgkilla

The Traveler
01-25-06, 23:27
It's nowhere near as nice as it looks on the website.

Good location for those who like that part of town, bad for the NEP fans though. Could do with a total refurb, the rooms are worn out, not particularly clean and showing their age.

I wouldn't stay there again.
Coma,

thanks for the info.
May I ask how long ago you have been there ? My travel agent - who is a friend of mine (btw, a cute Thai) - told me that it is somehow new (guess she means new refurb), but has not stayed there before personally.

I don't mind the location as I am no big NEP fan and MRT is quite close. Maybe I will do a few nearby soapies even though that isn't my favourite. Location is quite convienient for Ratchada Soi 4 and RCA might do this time.

Thanks in advance

Coma Boy
01-26-06, 05:29
About nine months ago I think.

The Traveler
01-26-06, 23:01
Coma,

thanks again.
Will give it a try anyway cause it sounds like a good deal (my travel agent lists it as a first-class 4-5 star hotel) but if not clean or worn down I will be out before they can even ask for my name.

Wilsafris
01-27-06, 05:38
hey guys, I am staying at the dynasty inn on soi 4, and yes it is true the dynasty group has officially opened a new hotel on soi 6 called the dynasty grand hotel. I went to check it out, and it is very nice with a very nice swimming pool, for anyone who cares. The prices are 1800 per night but that does not include breakfast or taxes. As per dynasty inn, the staff is great. Been staying at dynasty inn for 5 years and many of the staff from DI are not at dynasty grand.

To get there, walk down soi 4, away from suk road. You will pass raja on the right and others, but just keep walking and you will soon see a sigh for soi 6. Hang a left ther and it will be half way up the block on the right hand side. The pool is on the 3rd floor and if you are staying at the DI you can go poach on the pool with your room key. As for the total walking distance, it is less than 6 minutes walk from dynasty inn.

Other than that, everyone always bad mouths the DI. Not sure why, because every time I have been there, the staff was great, the food was great, the guest policy was great and the room was--well. Maybe not great but adaquate considering the proximity. I suggest you get a room in the back part of the hotel, not in the lobby part of the hotel. As for bugs, I have seen a few ants, but never seen roaches or others. Of course, do not open the windows or you will be infested with mosquitos. And they are no fun anywhere!

Member #3401
01-27-06, 23:48
I have booked at the Omni for some days in March. It looks like it has a reasonable gym. And as far as I can read in this forum it is GF. Has anyone got any info re this. I booked a one bedroom suite but noticed on my reservation it said 1 adult (no price difference for 2). Have anyone ever been charged joiners fees on the Omni? Will girls have to be registered? Some sites state that the Omni has in-room cable interenet while others say Wifi in the lobby. What is the fact there.

Thank you

Coma Boy
01-28-06, 05:34
it looks like it has a reasonable gym.

have anyone ever been charged joiners fees on the omni? will girls have to be registered? some sites state that the omni has in-room cable internet while others say wifi in the lobby.i used to live there.

it has the most shit gym i've ever seen. don't even bother using it. it's just some old rusty crap in a small room with an old smelly spunk-stained carpet.

nice pool though. rooms are very dated.

lobby has wifi, and you can arrange to have in-room net access for a fee.

no joiner fee (it's not a hotel!), but security will ask for the girl's id if she looks like a hooker. just tell him no if you don't want her to hand over her card (for example if she's ****, or if you trust her). this card-thing is for your protection.

best thing about omni is the bacon-sandwiches at the little lobby cafe.

1Ball
01-30-06, 02:14
The JW Marriot charges 600 Bt for the convenience of wifi in your room.
however, when I bring my laptop to the 4th floor, to the business center, I am able to connect immediately, for free. Judging by the people who work there, they tell me there is no signal available unless I buy their pre paid card, however, it works like a charm.

YllowSnow
01-31-06, 00:20
How does Majestic Suites handlebrinig in two girls? I have brought in one without a problem. I've never brought in two at the same time. Is that just accepted with no problem like one, or do you need to pay an extra joiner fee?

If it is a problem, can someone offer a different suggestion please? You can pm me if that is easier.

Thanks in advance.

Tiger 888
01-31-06, 14:36
Just got back to Hong Kong from Bangkok. Tried to stay in Town Lodge on Jan 25, but they were fully booked. The Swiss manager of the Toxic bar inside Town Lodge booked me into another Hotel that was just going to be opened on the following sunday.

It is in the small alley between soi 18 and 20. Unfortunately I lost the namecard, so I attached a drawing (Sorry, I don't know the name). It is right besides Drop Inn. Billy, the owner is Scottish, standard rooms are 1300 Baht, I think including breakfast. But the day I stayed there they were not officially open yet, so things were not really ready. (After Billy came to know that they charged me the full price, he returned 200 Baht to me because the Cable TV was not connected yet)

Wlan available in the rooms. A good option if town lodge is full. Also a very quiet location in the middle of the action. Good value for money as Town Lodge is. Very helpful staff.

Tiger

Coma Boy
01-31-06, 21:34
How does Majestic Suites handlebrinig in two girls?It's not a problem.

1Ball
02-01-06, 04:05
How does Majestic Suites handlebrinig in two girls? I have brought in one without a problem. I've never brought in two at the same time. Is that just accepted with no problem like one, or do you need to pay an extra joiner fee?

If it is a problem, can someone offer a different suggestion please? You can pm me if that is easier.

Thanks in advance.

Actually, they do handle it a bit differently. The doorman will hold the door open a couple seconds longer, so he can let you and both girls in.

1Ball
02-02-06, 12:40
I booked 5 nights with Priceline offered 80$, and was given the JWM. Very nice hotel, GF, nice rooms etc.
Decided to stay an extra night, so cocky old me, got online again, and bid 80$ again, and my bid was accepted.............at the Westin. So here I am this morning, sitting in a cab for 40 minutes, to drive a distance, which on foot can be done in 10 minutes. With all the traffic, and one way streets, this was a nightmare. Oh well, live and learn.
One interesting point, they do have condoms in the mini bar. Of course, they are size 49, big enough for CB, but at least they have condoms.
OK, gotta go find my victim for the night. L8R.

Coma Boy
02-02-06, 13:05
Of course, they are size 49, big enough for CB, but at least they have condoms.I wear the 29 these days.

The 49s were so big that they'd just slide right off me.

Bandy
02-02-06, 17:40
I always thought that Asia Hotel on Phaya Thai Road is totally girl-friendly. Recently (Jan '06) , a friend of mine stayed in the Superior room (1707 B inclusive all taxes) and was charged a 600 B joiner fee for the girl he took. Did the Asia hotel change their policies? May be some knowledgeable guys can answer this. Thanks.

Bandy

Freeler
02-02-06, 18:45
Coma,

29?
You use 'em for fingerin', I presume?

Johnny Drama
02-05-06, 20:51
I'd like to know if anyone has stayed at this hotel recently? I can get a deluxe room for 32 usd per night (normally 190 usd without my airline rate) which seems to be a good price with an excellent location. I know someone posted info on the Novotel which is GF, and this is owned and operated by the same chain, so should I assume its ok?

Thanks

Mn Student

Traveler1234
02-05-06, 22:32
I'd like to know if anyone has stayed at this hotel recently? I can get a deluxe room for 32 usd per night (normally 190 usd without my airline rate) which seems to be a good price with an excellent location. I know someone posted info on the Novotel which is GF, and this is owned and operated by the same chain, so should I assume its ok?

Thanks

Mn Student

If you RTFF or do search, the answer might already be posted.

Both Novotel Lotus on soi 33 and Siam Sq are girl friendly. At Soi 33 sometimes guard asks to check ID, sometime they don't...know sure why of the inconsistent 'policy'.....

Traveler1234
02-05-06, 22:38
i have booked at the omni for some days in march. it looks like it has a reasonable gym. and as far as i can read in this forum it is gf. has anyone got any info re this. i booked a one bedroom suite but noticed on my reservation it said 1 adult (no price difference for 2). have anyone ever been charged joiners fees on the omni? will girls have to be registered? some sites state that the omni has in-room cable interenet while others say wifi in the lobby. what is the fact there.

thank you

1ball is dead on. your one bedroom suite is excellent - i booked on-line and got two nights plus bkft and both way airport transfer (volvo) for about b$5600 (??) on a visit last november. rooms out-dated but are large, w/ walk in closet, kitchen, l/r....great for party they deliver drinks, etc. up if needed and your a stones throw from the pink zone.

the elevator has glass enclosure around it and you need to slide your room key to access open. guard is there to check id...but stay away from **** girls...asking only for trouble. if they don't charge for double, just register for double and not single....avoid any hassle.

wifi in lobby is excellent and you'll often be able to pick up a stray if she's on the way out (or at least get her number for later)!

Jaimito Cartero
02-11-06, 05:12
however, when I bring my laptop to the 4th floor, to the business center, I am able to connect immediately, for free. Judging by the people who work there, they tell me there is no signal available unless I buy their pre paid card, however, it works like a charm.

If you're at a nearby hotel, let say Majestic Suites, you may also be able to tap into the free signal. I know I did, when I had a 7th floor room. Was a mid strength signal.

Jaimito Cartero
02-11-06, 05:17
I have always had good luck at the Majestic Suites. It was the first place I ever stayed at in Bangkok, so I guess I return to my home.

As I mentioned in another post, you can tap into the Marriott's free Wi-Fi on some floors. I was on the 7th, and got a good mid-strength signal.

They are now putting seals on the beverages, so you can't just replace the items you use. No biggie, I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

If you use a credit card, they now do the same hokey thing I saw at Bumrumgrad Hospital last year. They charge it in US dollars (Perhaps since it's a US issued card?), and set their own exchange rate which is almost 3% worse than you can get otherwise. I think it's Bangkok Bank that handles their processing.

Twizted
02-12-06, 03:07
I'm finding $61/night for Majestic Grande on Precisionreservations, does anyone know where to get it cheaper or is this the best bet?

Honolulu Jimmy
02-13-06, 04:02

however, when I bring my laptop to the 4th floor, to the business center, I am able to connect immediately, for free. Judging by the people who work there, they tell me there is no signal available unless I buy their pre paid card, however, it works like a charm.Look, just go for the Exec Floor rooms as the lounge on 16 has great WIFI. Go get a Lox Info card at the mini mart at Soi Nana, the outbound call is only 10Baht or go over to StarBucks they have it there.

Member #2041
02-13-06, 23:51
If the $61 price for Majestic Grande includes taxes, then that's definitely the best price. But I suspect that if you tried to get that price, they'd hit you for maybe an additional $12-13 a day in taxes. The best I saw was 2900 Baht complete, including taxes and service. That comes out to around $72-73 last I looked.

Red 73
02-15-06, 00:22
Just got back from my first mongering trip to Bangkok (golf in the morning, girls at night, what a great combination), and wanted to give my two cents on the JW Marriott. Three times I brought girls back, and never a problem:

1. Two NEP girls I picked up in the Nana hotel parking lot, coming in at 2AM, very obviously working girls, and not a problem from anybody

2. A freebie I picked up in the Hard Rock Cafe, so drunk I had to literally carry her from the cab to the room, and the doorman not only gave me no problem, but ran ahead of me and pushed the elevator button for us.

3. A young gal (18) from Sukhumvit Plaza. Her bar manager wanted to know what hotel I was staying at because she didn't want any hassles with ID checks, and when I told her I was in the Marriott, then it was no problem.

Also, the sandwiches in the bakery are great and the girls in there are very nice.

Blink157
02-15-06, 13:08
Hello to all,

When I was in BKK , I used to stay in Boss Tower, serviced apartments.

Studio type (Studio type D)was always enough for me, price is 950 TBhat. Its clean and room is quite big, has daylight and its QUIET. :)

They had also pool on the roof.

For the action to sukhumvit you need taxi, 5 minutes if I remember right.

Groundfloor they used to have footmassage.

I stayed 2000 there and I liked it, nice to see that price havent changed since that time.

GF friendly at my time and I think also till today.

Discount for monthly rates avaible.

http://www.bosstower.com/

IMHO good value for money.

Happy hunting!!

Blink157

Le Licheur
02-20-06, 03:16
Since I had a late flight and was staying only for a short time, I booked this hotel in December.

Good news is it's close to the airport and they provide free shuttle. The price was ok (1900 bhat per night) and there was lots of space in the room.

Bad news is the bathtub was so small it was hard to stand in it and the hotel refused to honour a confirmed written agreement for a late checkout at no charge. They insisted on a regular checkout or extra charge.

Bottom line is I would not recommend this place except for a short stay.

Enjoy58
02-20-06, 19:03
Hi,

I shall be travelling to BKK early March and am thinking of booking in Honey Hotel on Soi 19. would be happy to receive latest update on state of the hotel, rate, and whether GF.

Thanks

Spursman
02-25-06, 17:31
Hi Everyone,

Carried out a search but it yielded no worthwhile info so I wonder if anyone has any recent feedback about Admiral Suites on soi 22?

Booking directly thru the website;

www.admiralsuites.com

Looks to be the cheapest option and the rooms look good for the price.

But could anyone advise me on:

How far down soi 22 is it located?

What's the best rate you've received?

Many thanks.

Capt JB
02-26-06, 11:32
I spent 1 week at the Majestic Grande checking in on Feb 3. The hotel is new and in very good condition. Room was very confortable and the hotel staff very easy to work with. Girl friendly however they do require the lady to leave her ID card with reception until she leaves the hotel.

The swimming pool is located on the shady side and gets very little sun during the day making the water quite cool. They do have a nice sauna and steam room which can be used for no additional fees.

The cost of using their inhouse internet connection is a bit pricy however I was able to lock onto another provider for free with my wireless laptop.

Breakfast buffet was good and they did not add anything to my bill for bringing a girl with me to breakfast. They also have a very nice buffet lunch.

I found myself needing to stay in BKK for an additional 2 nights however was unable to remain at this hotel as it was sold out. I had to move to the Grand President for the final two nights. I had a Royal Suite with seperate living room & bedroom, small kitchen area with microwave & large fridge as well as a bar for about the same price I was paying at the Majestic Grande. This room was a very good value for the money. Also very girl friendly.

Upon checking out I went to Pattaya for a week however had to return to Bangkok for 2 days prior to departing for home. Had a really hard time finding a room and ended up staying at the Evergreen Hotel. Very nice hotel however not located in the action area. Hotel was rather expensive (about $200 US) per night including taxes ect. but all of the better Bangkok hotels were full. The hotel was excellent, just not in the area I would have prefered.

Retired Army
02-26-06, 14:42
Hi,

I shall be travelling to BKK early March and am thinking of booking in Honey Hotel on Soi 19. would be happy to receive latest update on state of the hotel, rate, and whether GF.

Thanks

I stayed in the Honey my first trip to BKK in 1973. I used it again last year for a ST. The hotel hasn't changed a bit in 32 years. Infact, the same sheets were still on the bed, just a little more crusty.

Thai Viking
02-26-06, 18:18
Hi,

ThanksI stayed there in Jan 04 and June 05, paid 700 and 900 b/night. This hotel is really quiet and suits me very well. The rooms are really large, separated bedroom and living room, inroom safe and a refrigerator. It also have a small svimmingpool. The staff are friendly, and there is a small cafe next to the hotel where you enjoy your breakfast (I think it was included).

Member #4611
02-27-06, 03:10
[QUOTE=Spursman]Hi Everyone,

"Carried out a search but it yielded no worthwhile info so I wonder if anyone has any recent feedback about Admiral Suites on soi 22? "

It is about 100yrads on from the Imperial Queen's Park.

Stayed there a lot but the prices have gone up dramatically over the last year or so. They used to do deal where the week was about 1400 a night I think but they put a Japanese business dev guy in charge and they really seem to be targetting that market. Hence the price increase. I have seen 2300 baht (you may find less) on the net and that is way too much. The rooms are OK but the bathroom drains smell. If you do stay there avoid the rooms at front. The garbage truck parks outside and they sort the trash in the middle of the night.

Better options for a lot less in the area would be Town Lodge (1200 baht)- some nice girls in their bar- on Soi 18, Drop Inn (1400) at Sukhumvit end of 20. Or if you really want to go up market the Davis. At Rama 4 end of 24 (2600)

Hope that helps

FK

Jeffrothom
02-27-06, 21:55
Can anyone give me a idea if The Reno is guest friendly? And overall rating of hotel?

Nandu
02-28-06, 10:48
Just got back to Hong Kong from Bangkok. Tried to stay in Town Lodge on Jan 25, but they were fully booked. The Swiss manager of the Toxic bar inside Town Lodge booked me into another Hotel that was just going to be opened on the following sunday.

It is in the small alley between soi 18 and 20. Unfortunately I lost the namecard, so I attached a drawing (Sorry, I don't know the name). It is right besides Drop Inn. Billy, the owner is Scottish, standard rooms are 1300 Baht, I think including breakfast. But the day I stayed there they were not officially open yet, so things were not really ready. (After Billy came to know that they charged me the full price, he returned 200 Baht to me because the Cable TV was not connected yet)

Wlan available in the rooms. A good option if town lodge is full. Also a very quiet location in the middle of the action. Good value for money as Town Lodge is. Very helpful staff.

TigerAnyone has found this hotel's web address or phone number?. Any Comparison between this and Drop Inn, Ruamchittplaza?

WCP
02-28-06, 12:39
I stayed at the new Dynasty Inn Grande for one night an my way home from Patong. The hotel is nice with large rooms, I had a deluxe with a single king size bed. I paid 1880 baht for one night. The bathrooms have a seperate shower and tub and are very big. With the hotel being new it is very clean with all new furniture. They have in room safes, the ones you program in your own number.

It is girl freindly but if you bring two girls back they want 500 baht for the second girl. They took info from the girls ID's at the front counter and logged the girls in but I don't believe the actually took the ID's.

This hotel is not the Dynasty Inn next to Nana. It is located on a road (don't know the name) that connects Soi 4 and 6 about another 100 meters or more down Soi 4 from Dynasty Inn going away from Sukumvit.

Jimbehr2000
03-01-06, 08:22
Capt JB. I have always liked the Royal Suites at Grand Prez but they were really getting shabby on my last visit. I know they are slowly renovating their Royals. Was your suite in decent condition with newer furniture? If anyone else has stayed there recently I'd like to hear your opinion.

Boy Toy
03-01-06, 13:20
hi, read your quote, are you sure that novotel lotus is girl friendly?

i am staying there in april, i read however in another website
( bkktonight.com) that this hotel wasearlier, but is no more girl frindly, please confirm.

thanks

boy

If you RTFF or do search, the answer might already be posted.

Both Novotel Lotus on soi 33 and Siam Sq are girl friendly. At Soi 33 sometimes guard asks to check ID, sometime they don't...know sure why of the inconsistent 'policy'.....

Enjoy58
03-01-06, 18:43
I stayed there in Jan 04 and June 05, paid 700 and 900 b/night. This hotel is really quiet and suits me very well. The rooms are really large, separated bedroom and living room, inroom safe and a refrigerator. It also have a small svimmingpool. The staff are friendly, and there is a small cafe next to the hotel where you enjoy your breakfast (I think it was included).Thanks for your feedback. Seems a good place to try. Previous reports have claimed Honey Hotel to be GF. Hope status has not changed.

Coma Boy
03-01-06, 19:55
Novotel on 33 is GF if you've booked a double.

That was the case about one year ago when I spent several weeks there. I doubt if their policy has changed.

Traveler1234
03-02-06, 00:57
hi, read your quote, are you sure that novotel lotus is girl friendly?

i am staying there in april, i read however in another website
( bkktonight.com) that this hotel wasearlier, but is no more girl frindly, please confirm.

thanks

boy

As of Nov 15, 2005, it was GFE. I doubt it has changed...I mean, it's on Soi 33 and what are all those nice places when you turn left upon exiting hotel?

If you're worried, I would just book a double and then no problems.

Boy Toy
03-02-06, 06:14
thanks for the reply, i reconfirmed with the hotel , it is GFE , provided if you book a double room, which i have done, so i guess i am pon the right track, however this locality is new to me , genrally i stay at the royal benja , in soi 5, however wanted to chane this time, how iare the surroundings of theis hotel, what are the fun places around this?

thanks again for the prompt reply.

cheers

BT

As of Nov 15, 2005, it was GFE. I doubt it has changed...I mean, it's on Soi 33 and what are all those nice places when you turn left upon exiting hotel?

If you're worried, I would just book a double and then no problems.

Traveler1234
03-02-06, 08:16
thanks for the reply, i reconfirmed with the hotel , it is GFE , provided if you book a double room, which i have done, so i guess i am pon the right track, however this locality is new to me , genrally i stay at the royal benja , in soi 5, however wanted to chane this time, how iare the surroundings of theis hotel, what are the fun places around this?

thanks again for the prompt reply.

cheers

BT

There are a string of bars when you exit left of hotel. Monet is my personal favorite but check them all out. One of the first bars has a uniform motiff, one night they wear cowboy outfits, another, something different....if you go in stay clear of Annie. She's hot looking but dead in bed. Prices on Soi 33 considerable higher vs Cowboy Soi or Nana - RTFF for more details.

There's a good pizza place on same street. And Livingston's on that block....never went in but heard excellent things about the management.

If you make a right out of hotel to Sukhumvit, turn right again and head toward Nana (long walk). Cowboy Soi is walking distance, the rest take the BTS. Again RTFF for more info.

If you want to hook out with the fellowship, post on travel thread your dates, etc. and I'm sure someone will PM you. If no replies before you land, PM and I'll give you some names off line.

Jeffrothom
03-03-06, 22:02
Can anyone been responsive and give me a idea of what the RENO HOTEL IS LIKE?

Please.

Duniawala
03-04-06, 08:23
Can anyone been responsive and give me a idea of what the RENO HOTEL IS LIKE?

Please.
IF YOU RTTFF YOU WOULD FIND YOUR ANSWER. Do a search and then ask specific questions. We do not like to answer lazy people.

Asialover1
03-04-06, 08:47
[QUOTE=Spursman]Hi Everyone,
"
Carried out a search but it yielded no worthwhile info so I wonder if anyone has any recent feedback about Admiral Suites on soi 22? "

It is about 100yrads on from the Imperial Queen's Park.

Stayed there a lot but the prices have gone up dramatically over the last year or so. They used to do deal where the week was about 1400 a night I think but they put a Japanese business dev guy in charge and they really seem to be targetting that market. Hence the price increase. I have seen 2300 baht (you may find less) on the net and that is way too much. The rooms are OK but the bathroom drains smell. If you do stay there avoid the rooms at front. The garbage truck parks outside and they sort the trash in the middle of the night.

Better options for a lot less in the area would be Town Lodge (1200 baht)- some nice girls in their bar- on Soi 18, Drop Inn (1400) at Sukhumvit end of 20. Or if you really want to go up market the Davis. At Rama 4 end of 24 (2600)

Hope that helps

FK

Love Sex 22
03-04-06, 22:03
is royal queens park girl freindly?i stayed there one night for transit was to tired to bring a girl but near the elevators there was a security guard.

Montecristo
03-05-06, 13:43
6 years ago, i stayed on this hotel, very close to soi cowboy, GFE, rooms were simple but cheap (around 1000-1200) i think.

I was now checking the same hotel in the amari hotelsl site, and the special prices for internet were around 50$, around 2000 bht.

That seemed too expensive for a cheap hotel.

Is it possible to be quoted higher prices through the internet, than arriving there and negociating at the desk ?

Thanks in advance

Duniawala
03-05-06, 18:38
Sending me a childish cuss word filled PM isn't going to give you an answer. Why don't you realize the brothers are ignoring you. If you don't know how to search and RTFF all you have to do is ask.

Gulfro
03-05-06, 20:31
Gents,

Do they sell alcohol in Bangkok airport (arrival)?

If they do, is it cheaper to buy it from there?

Also, is there any customs limit on how much I can buy and take with me from the airport?

Regards.

Traveler1234
03-05-06, 23:15
can anyone been responsive and give me a idea of what the reno hotel is like?

please.

guess you just don't get it, your first two posts on isg and you've got a couple of brothers peeved already.....

rtff......a simple search will tell you back in april 05 cb posted a short comment....now all you gotta do is find it. then ask a polite question and see what happens.

1Ball
03-06-06, 00:37
Sending me a childish cuss word filled PM isn't going to give you an answer. Why don't you realize the brothers are ignoring you. If you don't know how to search and RTFF all you have to do is ask.
Duni, lemme see it !

Capt JB
03-06-06, 03:01
After spending a week at the Majestic Grande I was unable to extend the booking for 2 additional nights and had to relocate as the Hotel was full. I was fortunate to be able to book the additional nights at the Grand President through one of the online booking services. I booked the Royal Suite for around 3,600 bt a night. This is a nice size one bedroom suite with seperate living room, bar & kitchen area. Really was a nice room for the money.

1Ball
03-06-06, 05:28
Duni, no need to show us the PM he sent you, this is the one he sent me.
this guy is hilarious.
Quote: Hey Loser

You want to see it, tell you what I told some of your other Brothers Too bad you cant get pussy with-out paying for it in some fuckin third world country. Fuck you too! Now lets make this a chain letter and you can forward it to some of your other BROTHERS. Yeah yeah yeah I know Im gonna get kicked off of this forum. Big Deal. Get a life,lose some weight,brush your teeth,shave your balls and maybe some chick will want to fuck you?
unquote.
Anger management anyone ???

Coma Boy
03-06-06, 06:19
What a sweet guy.

Good advice for all though: brush teeth, shave balls, lose weight...

And yet this a-hole can't even work out how to use the search-function, or Google, and can't afford a decent hotel.

Duniawala
03-06-06, 10:19
Duni, no need to show us the PM he sent you, this is the one he sent me.
this guy is hilarious.
Quote: Hey Loser
Yeah yeah yeah I know Im gonna get kicked off of this forum. Big Deal.
unquote.
?

We don't want to kick you off the forum, Jeffrothrom. Somebody has to provide the laughs. We all get so bored fucking the TGs day in and day out.

Traveler1234
03-06-06, 15:19
guess you just don't get it, your first two posts on isg and you've got a couple of brothers peeved already.....

rtff......a simple search will tell you back in april 05 cb posted a short comment....now all you gotta do is find it. then ask a polite question and see what happens.

well, after i posted the above, this is the pm that i got from j:
but i dont fuckin care about some fuckin losers who are pissed at me! do you get it! this is fun! and i did search and find the write up about the reno,and it really wasnt informative. what happens when i get a bunch of funckin losers mad at me i get beat up? or better yet kicked off this site? ooh im so scared! fuck you,yeah fuck you! this is fun. lets meet brother and will see about a search you'll been searchin for you fuckin teeth.

so much for his rtff, looks like he now wants to make war and not love in los.....lol

1Ball
03-06-06, 15:33
I just discovered he fell out of his stroller as a baby, and was traumatized by sleeping inside a trash can.

Jimbehr2000
03-07-06, 05:56
Thanks for the pics, Capt. JB. Looks like your suite was in good shape.

Alphamale
03-07-06, 12:20
Hello All,

I have some experience in Thailand but only in Pattaya and I have a trip going through in July where i have to be in Bangkok for 5 days. I have ben studying the forum but have not really got any definite areas to gun for.

I just wanted some advice on where to stay that is within walking distance to Nana Plaza (where I have gathered is a place with a few discos and bars of whcih i prefer to pick up my girls)

The only requirements i have is that it be around 1200 baht or so and is obviously girl friendly.

Thanks in advance for any info and willing to buy a drink for anyone who does and is there around the same time.

Frank Furious
03-07-06, 21:15
For Nana I would stay in the JW Marriott or Majestic Grande if you want a good 5 star place. There's Majestic Suites and Nana Hotel if you want to spend less.

Here's a couple of photos showing the layout of the Nana area taken from above.

If you arrive at night and are new to the area you should still be able to find your way around pretty quick, if staying close by.

In Nana_day_ariel.jpg you can see the NEP courtyard layout and Nana Hotel on the right. Majestic Suites is the large white walled block on the left next to the passing sky train. I think that's the Majestic or may be it's the building behind it if not. The petrol station is behind the advertising board.

Nana Entertainment Plaza doesn't look like much here, but I think it's a really exciting place. That 2 am stand off outside the Nana Hotel - if only there was something like that in London.

Dinghy
03-07-06, 22:11
Alpha - try rong-ram NANA (well... duh) if you got any closer to Nana plaza you would be IN it. (about 1000B) There are others - just do a little reading (use the "search function") you might be happier, though, with something down toward Cowboy - the venue seems "better". Plan on being wet - July is usually the rainy season. Buy a cheap bumbershoot

(RTFF - some here would accuse me of being too nice...)

Traveler1234
03-07-06, 22:38
Hello All,

I have some experience in Thailand but only in Pattaya and I have a trip going through in July where i have to be in Bangkok for 5 days. I have ben studying the forum but have not really got any definite areas to gun for.

I just wanted some advice on where to stay that is within walking distance to Nana Plaza (where I have gathered is a place with a few discos and bars of whcih i prefer to pick up my girls)

The only requirements i have is that it be around 1200 baht or so and is obviously girl friendly.

Thanks in advance for any info and willing to buy a drink for anyone who does and is there around the same time.

A: read the FAQ and Report of Distinction threads...there are quite a few suggestions that fit your request.

When done, if still more questions, give a holler/post again.....

Boy Toy
03-08-06, 07:50
Hello All,

you can try the following-

1) grace hotel- 900-1200 baht.
2) nana hotel - 1000-1300 baht.
3) mmajestic suites- 1250 baht.
4) royal benja palace- 1400-1600 baht , best value for your money , only if u are non asian though, they have a surchage for fuckin middle easterns and indians, good rooms and excellent breakfast, for bookings try asia travel.com.

cheers

BT.

Retired Army
03-08-06, 23:26
gents,

do they sell alcohol in bangkok airport (arrival)?

if they do, is it cheaper to buy it from there?

also, is there any customs limit on how much i can buy and take with me from the airport?

regards.

get it at the baggage claim when you arrive. last time i bought it was 1 liter per person limit, per customs. however, you could probably go to several different duty free stores and get extra. customs is pretty lax. if you are caught plead stupidity and they will just probably confirep001e all your booze for their own consumption. no need to travel with it. it isn't that much more expensive, even in foodland or top's. the only exception is wine. in bkk it is paeng mak!

Retired Army
03-08-06, 23:29
My vote for the Nana Entertainment area is the Majestic on Sukhumvit. Good value for the money, but book early.

Shady Verbal
03-09-06, 03:01
Woraburi is a good, non-grungy spot near NEP. A little bit of a walk on Soi 4, but a good deal at 900-1200 baht.

Lover Boy #2
03-09-06, 09:25
Here ya go dude.....please don't threaten me in PM...I'm giving it up!!
(this board needed a little comedy though)

Frommer's Review

Just a stone's throw from the skytrain, the "Reno" is the best of many down the small quiet road, Soi Kasemson, near the National Stadium stop of the skytrain and close to Siam at the city center: a convenient and popular little budget enclave. Reno is nothing special, even with a recent face-lift offers just basic rooms and limited services -- but they do have a nice little coffee shop and Internet nook, and the price is right so they're often full (if so try any along the road and expect to pay as little as 500B/ $12).

Address 40 Soi Kasemson 1, Rama 1 Rd

Location The Shopping/Embassy Area

Phone 02215-0026

Fax 02215-3430

Room Information 50 units

Prices 840B-1,180B ($21-$28) double; from 1,300B ($32) suite

Credit Crds MC, V

In Room Amenities A/C, upper standards have TV

(I never stayed at this place, but Arthur did like it)

Duniawala
03-10-06, 03:09
get it at the baggage claim when you arrive. last time i bought it was 1 liter per person limit, per customs. however, you could probably go to several different duty free stores and get extra.
you sure about that? i have bought up to 3-4 litres at one place, no questions asked. and while customs have at times asked to peek into my luggage, they never bothered about the king's power shopping bag.

Globotto
03-10-06, 13:35
If anyone is looking for an apartment preferably for a long term stay
on Nana Soi 4 PM me. It is 32sm studio with balcony.
6000/weekly 18,000/monthly plus utilities.
13,000/monthly on a 6 month lease.
We will have to iron out the details.

Jeffrothom
03-11-06, 17:29
Sorry about the outbursts but the electric shock therapy never worked and the prozac makes me limp. My mother didnt drop me as a kid just smoked crack! All fooling aside sorry bro's for the negitivity. Thanks for the responses its always fun.

Member #3414
03-12-06, 03:34
One comment on the Westin, in case it helps anyone.

You come in on the ground floor, with a long walk to the elevator, then have to get out at the seventh floor and take another long walk past the concierge and check-in desks to get to the elevators that go up to the rooms. No problems at all bringing guest in, but if you’re embarrassed and want somewhere to sneak a girl in discretely without being seen, this isn’t the hotel for you. Didn't bother me, but might have done when I was new to this hobby.

Retired Army
03-12-06, 15:45
Yes, I am sure about the 1 liter per person. That is the official Thai Government policy. However, it isn't enforced very often. I once wanted to buy two bottles and they wouldn't sell the second one to me because of the limit. I had to give them a second passport to buy the bottle. Then on the next trip back in with a friend, he bought three bottles, they sold them to him and never said a thing. Different shop though.

Trond Hauger
03-13-06, 17:16
Is this hotel girl friendly?

Please let me know quickly.

Best regards,

Trond

Capt JB
03-14-06, 04:15
I stand corrected. The duty free liquor store is after you clear immigration but before you clear customs. I have bought 2 & 3 bottles at a time and carried them in the liquor store bag through customs walking through the nothing to declare line. Never seen anyone stopped yet but if it is the law guess it could happen.

Boy Toy
03-14-06, 06:26
no it is not, also the location is bad for mongering, nothing around, a very dull area .

Is this hotel girl friendly?

Please let me know quickly.

Best regards,

Trond

Coma Boy
03-14-06, 07:01
no it is not (GF), also the location is bad for mongering, nothing around, a very dull area .The location is okay, not bad at all.

Just because it isn't walking distance to The Beergarden doesn't mean it's "a very dull area". Bangkok has far more to offer than the Nana neighbourhood.

Also, it should be GF if you book double-occupancy.

Wet Nose
03-16-06, 01:14
Does anyone know of girl-friendly hotel close by to Khao San Road? Say 1000 baht a night, doesn't have to be too ritzy.

Pavlohh
03-18-06, 19:12
Currently Asia travel have this rated as 4 star for 1600B per night in the Deluxe (Garden Wing) section.

Has anyone stayed here is it a good Hotel. Is the Garden Wing a separate building.

And most inportant is it a GF hotel.

Thanks

Coma Boy
03-19-06, 02:43
Windsor Suites is NOT GF.

Probably one of BKK's least guest-friendly hotels, more suited to tourists and couples. Keep looking.

Retired Army
03-21-06, 23:23
Another good option is the Asia Hotel. It's right on the BTS line and GF. When I stayed there a few years ago the bell boys wouldn't leave me alone because they thought I should have a girl in my room at all times. And at the time they had a massage parlour with take-out/up to your room service.

Globotto
03-24-06, 10:27
The location is just across from Rajah Hotel which is about 200M down Soi4.
Its a girl friendly building. I am offering a discount 6 month lease at 12,000/month plus utilities.

Stykler
03-25-06, 02:26
Hi all,

After reading the FAQ and forum I have noticed that there is not much latest info on the President Solitaire on Soi 11.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk from the President Solitaire to Sukumvit, and is this hotel girl friendly?

Thanks,

TKM

Haney
03-25-06, 07:52
The President Solitaire is very Girl Friendly with no joiner Fee. The basic rooms are great and the suites even better. It is a bit of a walk from Nana. During the normal hours they have tuk-tuk service to Sukhumvit. A cab on the way back if you have a girl in tow is recomended.

Coma Boy
03-25-06, 07:54
Can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk from the President Solitaire to Sukumvit, and is this hotel girl friendly?PS is girl-friendly, it's a serviced apartment. No such thing as a non-GF serviced apartment.

The walk to Sukhumvit takes about ten minutes unless you get stuck in Bed Bar en-route.

Fresh Meat
03-25-06, 16:39
Hi,

I am planning a trip to BKK to Beijing via phon peh and hanoi. Since I am not aware of these countries and am pretty raw , I need you advice to stay in hotels which are GFE and are cool and clean. I am looking forward to monger but my intention is to stay in for a week in each of these places. Basically I am slow mover lol. I went to gohostels.com and have got lot of small hotels but i need your advice as to which one is good for my mongering purpose.

Thanx

Fresh Meat

Csun213
03-26-06, 04:46
Have not been to Thailand for a long time and will go to Bangkok with another friend. Someone recommended Asia Hotel. I know nothing about it. Is it located in a good area for girl hunting? Plus is it girl friendly? I think you can get a room by booiking on line for Superior Single 1,450 + 10% service tax and +7% for value added tax. Is this normal? Thanks

Coma Boy
03-26-06, 06:56
Someone recommended Asia Hotel. Is it located in a good area for girl hunting? Plus is it girl friendly? I can get a room by booking online for Superior SingleIf you're booking a SINGLE then no, it most likely won't be GF. Book a double or pay the joiner fee.

It's an okay hotel, good location but not a sex-tourist neighbourhood, and probably one of the most touristy hotels in BKK.

Csun213
03-26-06, 07:48
If you're booking a SINGLE then no, it most likely won't be GF. Book a double or pay the joiner fee.

It's an okay hotel, good location but not a sex-tourist neighbourhood, and probably one of the most touristy hotels in BKK.

Thanks. Where would you recommend that is close to Skytrain since I hear that the traffic is terrible. We are interested in 2 single room that is around 1200-1500 that is girl friendly. Thanks for any help.

Coma Boy
03-26-06, 08:03
Where would you recommend that is close to Skytrain since I hear that the traffic is terrible. We are interested in 2 single room that is around 1200-1500 that is girl friendly.I think most places that are GF require booking a double room, or they just don't offer single rooms. Try somewhere inexpensive like the Grand Dynasty on Suk soi 6, or Woraburi Inn on Suk soi 4, if you need to be in the Nana area.

If you wanna stay near Siam then Reno Hotel, Wendy Guesthouse, etc. on Soi Kasemsan are within your budget.

Asia Hotel is connected directly to the skytrain. The traffic is bad but bearable, and there are always plenty of motorbikes to help you get to the nearest MRT or BTS.

The Traveler
03-26-06, 12:05
Have been at the Grand Hotel at Ratchada during my last trip.
Rooms are ok, nothing special but bathrooms are bigger than usual. Even though they advertise as a 4 star hotel, they definitely fall into the 3 star category. Hotel had seen its best days. Rate was about 1800 incl. breakfast.

Location is perfect for the soapie lovers, it's directly opposite Poseidon. MRT is just a 3min walk away.

NoCBJ4Me
03-29-06, 21:40
I should have believed the reports about Rembrandt Hotel but I had stayed there before several times with no trouble bringing girls back to the room - only having to leave ID at front desk.

New rules now - book a double room - the first girl you sign in with is the ONLY girl allowed from then on without incuring a 1200 baht surcharge per visit. The exception is the executive level rooms, which I am sure are very expensive, with no surcharge.

I liked the rooms / pool, which is why I booked a room there last week. I will never go there again. I wasn't able to check out early either because I had booked with precisionreservations.com and they said Rembrandt would not refund if I left early.

Lesson learned...

Retired Army
03-29-06, 22:44
The Park Hotel on Suk 7? Directly across from the Bier Garten. You could take a water buffalo up to your room and no one would say anything.

NoCBJ4Me
03-30-06, 01:18
Thanks for the info RA but I'll pass on the water buffaloes, they smell like shit. I like a cute spinner you can throw over your shoulder and walk up stairs with. I will keep the Park in mind for my next visit to LOS.

The Park Hotel on Suk 7? Directly across from the Bier Garten. You could take a water buffalo up to your room and no one would say anything.

Spursman
03-30-06, 23:19
PS is girl-friendly, it's a serviced apartment. No such thing as a non-GF serviced apartment.

The walk to Sukhumvit takes about ten minutes unless you get stuck in Bed Bar en-route.Ssorry to say this, cos you're a nice guy & this was your 1500th post!
but there is such a thing as a non - GF serviced apartment.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced serviced apartment right now for my visit in May. I settled upon the Ambassador Royal Suite Apartments. Upon confirming the booking, I thought I'd better check for girl friendliness as I know the Ambassador Hotel recently changed it's policy and was informed that even customer's renting serviced apartments ( I had booked a 54m2 1 bed ) would be charged 650b !

Naturally, I cancelled my booking.

Schmada
03-31-06, 02:40
Hi all,

After reading the FAQ and forum I have noticed that there is not much latest info on the President Solitaire on Soi 11.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to walk from the President Solitaire to Sukumvit, and is this hotel girl friendly?

Thanks,

TKMStayed there last week. Definetley girl friendly. The platinum suite is still hard to beat. Great jakuzzi.

Allover
04-01-06, 10:22
Can anyone recommend a hotel or serviced apartment with two bedrooms and two baths? I'm traveling with a male friend and want to stay near Nana. I got a 2 bedroom suite at Grand President last year but the room was very rundown. Love the location of GP but I'm wondering if there is something else out there for 2 people.

The World
04-01-06, 16:00
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could recommend and decent two bedroom serviced apartments in central Bangkok.

Basically mate and me would prefer this to getting two hotel rooms (for obvious reasons, we require seperate rooms!!)

Have found this one http://www.bosstower.com/ , just was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations.

Thanks!

Love Seeker
04-02-06, 18:23
i am planning a trip to the land of smiles may 12 – june 2. i am thinking of spending one week in bangkok and two weeks in pattaya.

i have not made a trip to thailand since 1993. i know much has changed; when i was last in bangkok there were no skyline trains. during my 13 year absence, i had a nine year marriage that has been over now for three years and i am just now getting back on my feet financially. question? do you know why divorces cost so much??? answer. because they are worth it!!! my divorce cost me $300,000.

i would like some help in suggestions of hotels to stay at in both bangkok and pattaya. i am a 48 year old upper middle class american and will be traveling alone. i find it much more fun to be around other middle class western (well maybe not the french, the last time they were useful was in the battle of new orleans in the war of 1812) mongers. so a hotel with other western mongers would be a plus. i don’t want to be in a 4 or 5 star hotel with families where girls are not really welcome.

my requirements for a hotel are 1) safety: meaning in room safe, front desk that will hold id’s of the girls until i have told them it is ok to return it, will check the id to make sure that the girl is a girl(important) and 18 or over (also important). i do not want the trouble **** girls could bring. the hotel should have security guards that really provide security. it would take all the fun out of a trip to thailand to be drugged and rolled.

2) location: i do not want to rent a car or bike. so walking distance to the action would be nice.

3) good restaurant and bar: with both western and thai food that provide room service and are open late.

please post or pm suggestions. also if you will be in thailand during my holiday, please pm me.

Retired Army
04-02-06, 18:45
I recommend the Majestic Suites on Sukhumvit Soi 2.

I think it has everything you are looking for. However, I am not certain about the restaurant. But, there are plenty places close to get something to eat.

Another place you might consider is the Novotel on Suk Soi 33. Just browse the forum and you will see lots of recommendations. I would recommend staying away from any place that is less than 2,000 THB per night. Not that there aren't some good hotels for less than 2,000, but you are taking a chance.

You probably want to be close to Sukhumvit, so get a map of the area and look for something close to the BTS Skytrain between Phloen Chit and Prong Pong (Emporium) stations. You can probably find some kind of a map on the internet.

About two weeks in Pattaya, you might want to reconsider. Two weeks is a long time to spend in Pattaya. Three days is all I can take. Why not split up your trip a little and go to some different places. Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai are wonderful and have a lot less tourists than Pattaya or Phuket. Also consider a trip to Vientiane, Laos. Take the night train to Non Khai and cross the Friendship bridge to step back in time thirty years. My favorite place.

If you need any additional information PM me and I will help you all I can.

Rikusa
04-02-06, 18:56
Ls,

Majestic Suites is right next to Nana Entertainment Plaza. 30 US Breakfast included. Majestic Grande is a block away 75 US Breakfast for both you and your friends. All night restaurants are close by. Try Foodland on soi 5 and Gullivers for good grub and afternoon FL. Everything is within walking distance and Suk is wide open for Mongering till 6 am. Thermae is a mere shell of its former self IMHO. Spent 30 days between both hotel in january and couldnt have been more pleased.

Dont get a girlfriend FFFF.

Retired Army
04-02-06, 21:36
Ls,

Majestic Suites is right next to Nana Entertainment Plaza. 30 US Breakfast included. Majestic Grande is a block away 75 US Breakfast for both you and your friends. All night restaurants are close by. Try Foodland on soi 5 and Gullivers for good grub and afternoon FL. Everything is within walking distance and Suk is wide open for Mongering till 6 am. Thermae is a mere shell of its former self IMHO. Spent 30 days between both hotel in january and couldnt have been more pleased.

Dont get a girlfriend FFFF.

I stand corrected. In my previous post I was referring to the Majestic Grand, not the Majestic Suites. However, the Majestic Suites are fine, but the Grand is more upscale, newer and expensive. Can't beat the location of the Majestic for action.

Rikusa
04-02-06, 22:39
Retired Army,

I in No way was correcting your post as I was responding prior to yours being posted.
I have read many of your posts and will ask many questions when next I return to Bangkok. I seem to never be able to leave Bkk once there. Even when I have all the intentions to do so! Would like too travel a little through out Thailand. You seem to have the skinny on how to get around.

Thanks again for your many informative posts

Drogon
04-03-06, 00:51
About novotel lotus (on soi33) I used to like it for year but it is no longer guest friendly.

(other reports from another board also tell the same thing)

Either non guest friendly or you have to pay a guest fee.

Really a shame.

Coma Boy
04-03-06, 07:01
I am a 48 year old upper middle class American... I am thinking of spending one week in Bangkok and two weeks in Pattaya.

Question? Do you know why divorces cost so much??? Answer. Because they are worth it!!! My divorce cost me $300,000.If you're upper middle class you'd hate Pattaya. Try shortening the visit to a few days, visit a beach or Chiang Mai.

Then again, Pattaya may not be as bad for Americans as you may luckily misinterpret the British Chav behaviour as charming. You Americans are lucky, most of your red-necks, hicks and ex-cons can't afford to fly to LOS. I'd probably be able to put up with another nation's scum far more easily than those from my own country.

Congratulations on the divorce, money well spent.

Traveler1234
04-03-06, 15:40
About novotel lotus (on soi33) I used to like it for year but it is no longer guest friendly.

(other reports from another board also tell the same thing)

Either non guest friendly or you have to pay a guest fee.

Really a shame.

???? as of last Oct, no problems walking a girl up at 11 pm at night? And I've stayed there for several years.

See my other post on Bkk massage parlors re action around the hotel, etc.

Phantomtiger2
04-03-06, 19:15
[QUOTE=Love Seeker] Question? Do you know why divorces cost so much??? Answer. Because they are worth it!!! My divorce cost me $300,000.

For the price of your divorce, you could've live like a king in Pattaya for life.

Retired Army
04-03-06, 20:07
Retired Army,

I in No way was correcting your post as I was responding prior to yours being posted.
I have read many of your posts and will ask many questions when next I return to Bangkok. I seem to never be able to leave Bkk once there. Even when I have all the intentions to do so! Would like too travel a little through out Thailand. You seem to have the skinny on how to get around.

Thanks again for your many informative posts

Ask anything you want. I am not one of those who will tell you to RTFF. All questions are legitimate as far as I am concerned.

Retired Army
04-03-06, 20:09
Retired Army,

No problem, someone else pointed it out to me in a PM. Natural mistake. We usually refer to the Majestic Suites as simply the Majestic.

Giotto
04-03-06, 20:27
GF or not, change in policy lately?

I will find try to find out tomorrow.

Giotto

Csun213
04-04-06, 04:44
After reading on the forum, I think we will probably stay at the Nana Hotel. It seems to be girl friendly and close to the fun area. Just want to hear other people's opinions before we book the rooms. There will be 3 of us, should we book 3 singles or book 3 doubles in order to avoid problem with bring the girls back to our rooms. Also does anyone have Nana's website? How do we book the 3 rooms from the U.S.? Thanks for any help.

Capt JB
04-04-06, 06:08
After reading on the forum, I think we will probably stay at the Nana Hotel. It seems to be girl friendly and close to the fun area. Just want to hear other people's opinions before we book the rooms. There will be 3 of us, should we book 3 singles or book 3 doubles in order to avoid problem with bring the girls back to our rooms. Also does anyone have Nana's website? How do we book the 3 rooms from the U.S.? Thanks for any help.

Might as well book doubles as the rate is the same.
www.nanahotel.com

If you want something a cut above the Nana Hotel check out Majestic Grande which is about a block away and also girl friendly.

Capt JB
04-04-06, 06:15
i am planning a trip to the land of smiles may 12 – june 2. i am thinking of spending one week in bangkok and two weeks in pattaya.

i have not made a trip to thailand since 1993. i know much has changed; when i was last in bangkok there were no skyline trains. during my 13 year absence, i had a nine year marriage that has been over now for three years and i am just now getting back on my feet financially. question? do you know why divorces cost so much??? answer. because they are worth it!!! my divorce cost me $300,000.

i would like some help in suggestions of hotels to stay at in both bangkok and pattaya. i am a 48 year old upper middle class american and will be traveling alone. i find it much more fun to be around other middle class western (well maybe not the french, the last time they were useful was in the battle of new orleans in the war of 1812) mongers. so a hotel with other western mongers would be a plus. i don’t want to be in a 4 or 5 star hotel with families where girls are not really welcome.

my requirements for a hotel are 1) safety: meaning in room safe, front desk that will hold id’s of the girls until i have told them it is ok to return it, will check the id to make sure that the girl is a girl(important) and 18 or over (also important). i do not want the trouble **** girls could bring. the hotel should have security guards that really provide security. it would take all the fun out of a trip to thailand to be drugged and rolled.

2) location: i do not want to rent a car or bike. so walking distance to the action would be nice.

3) good restaurant and bar: with both western and thai food that provide room service and are open late.

please post or pm suggestions. also if you will be in thailand during my holiday, please pm me.

majestic grande hotel should meet all of your needs.
http://www.majesticgrande.com/

Coma Boy
04-04-06, 06:31
I think we will probably stay at the Nana Hotel. Just want to hear other people's opinions before we book the rooms.It is a total cesspit shithole, stay ANYWHERE else.

Giotto
04-04-06, 07:41
Csun123,

normally I did not want to get involved in that issue, because I have an own lodge here in Bangkok, but Coma Boy is right. Better stay in Majestic Suites or Majestic Grande, if you want to be close to the Nana area.

Giotto

Dacian
04-04-06, 13:53
The nana Hotel is a great place to stay on ones first or even second sex tourist trip to Bangkok. It's relatively cheap, across the road from the nana entertainment plaza, just up the road from nana sky train station and its carpark is the centre of attraction when the nana plaza and the nana disco (situated in the hotel) shut down. But once you get past the promise of bright lights and fast pussy and start thinking with your big head instead of the little one, you start to realize that the place is a sleaze pit with no class what so ever. But then agian, if the shoe fits! . I must confess I still tend to spend my first night or two there each time I return to BKK. Its just seems to be convenient and easy. But I always seem to have regrets after woulds. Like the Thai's say. "up to you".

Duniawala
04-04-06, 14:36
Csun123

I second CB's comment. The place is a piece of crap. I don't know what the fascination is with Nana Hotel. Plenty of hotels to choose from in that price range. Check out asiatravel.com (among others) to get a list of hotels in various price categories.

Traveler1234
04-04-06, 15:25
GF or not, change in policy lately?

I will find try to find out tomorrow.

Giotto

Any update....I have business clients that usually stay here and I don't want them surprised next visit :)

Giotto
04-04-06, 15:31
Traveler1234,

the GM was not in today.

We discussed this issue with him when we thought about our own policy, about 3 months ago. That time Novotel Lotus was charging joiner fees for customers which booked cheap rates via internet.

Normal booking via travel agencies: No joiner fees.

But - a system like that is very difficult to implement. I don't really believe that this can work.

I see the GM at least once a week, I will update the forum as soon as I know more.

Giotto

Retired Army
04-04-06, 15:43
After reading on the forum, I think we will probably stay at the Nana Hotel. It seems to be girl friendly and close to the fun area. Just want to hear other people's opinions before we book the rooms.

There are much better choices than the Nana. The only thing the Nana has going for it is the location which is directly across from the entrance to the Nana Entertainment Plaza. Other than that, it is a shithole.

NoCBJ4Me
04-04-06, 16:06
Traveler1234,

Why not just email / call and ask if there is an additional joiner fee if you have booked a double room? They know what the deal is and that business travelers frequently want to bring P4P to their room.

I have done in the past with success. Only when I didn't ask I had prior to reserving a room is when I had problems.

I had trouble at Rembrandt Hotel a couple of weeks ago because I didn't ask. I had stayed there 4 or 5 times in the past. They had either changed their policy or had decided to enforce the old policy. In the past, I never had trouble there. Now, if you book a double, the 1st girl signed in is the only one allowed back and anyone else will cost you a 1200 baht joiner fee.

nocbj4me

Any update....I have business clients that usually stay here and I don't want them surprised next visit :)

Csun213
04-04-06, 17:42
From all the reaction, we have decided not to stay at the Nana Hotel. Now, would someone please recommend a nicer hotel for about 1200-1500 which is girl friendly? I really appreciate all the people that takes time out to make sure that we do not make a mistake and stay at a bad hotel. The members on this forum have helped me out a lot of times on good informatins and I really appreciate it. I have been doing searches on the internet the problem however is that they all look great from the pictures that are posted so I don't really know what they look like in real life. This is why I need help from the members that have been there and can give me a real opinion. Thanks

Coma Boy
04-04-06, 17:46
The Nana Hotel is a great place to stay on ones first or even second sex tourist trip to Bangkok.What are you, a fucking retard? It is NEVER a good place to stay.

Once you get past the promise of bright lights and fast pussy you start to realize that the place is a sleaze pit with no class whatsoever.Oh, sorry, you're forgiven.

Forget Nana Hotel. For those too lazy to FRTMFF here's a quick list of local hotels, every single one at least ten billion times better than Nana Hotel.

JW-Marriot (Soi 2)
Grande-Dynasty (Soi 6)
Majestic Grande (Soi 2)
Majestic Suites (Soi 4 almost)
Landmark (Suk, close to Nana)
Omni Tower (Serviced Appartment, Soi 4)
Woraburi Inn (Budget Hotel, Soi 4)
President Solitaire (Soi 11)

For Soi 33 stay at Livingstones or Novotel.

For Cowboy stay at Sheraton or Westin.

For Ratchada or Phetburi stay at Emerald, Palazzo, Radisson, Swissotel or The Grand.

For RCA stay at Maxx Hotel or any Ratchadapisek hotel.

For Soi 22, Thong-Lor or Ekkamai stay at Emporium Suites.

For Siam, Sathorn, riverside, or anywhere else, stay anywhere you like and take a fucking cab.

My personal Bangkok favourite: Emporium Suites.

Coma Boy
04-04-06, 17:48
Now, would someone please recommend a nicer hotel for about 1200-1500 which is girl friendly?Go for Woraburi, Omni, Maj-Suites or Grande-Dynasty. All under 2000 THB and walking distance from NEP.

Csun213
04-04-06, 17:56
Go for Woraburi, Omni, Maj-Suites or Grande-Dynasty. All under 2000 THB and walking distance from NEP.

Thanks Coma Boy, it seems that a lot of people recommend Majestic Suites so I think we will book there. Does anyone have their website? Is it better to book directly through them for a better price or just book on Asiatravel.com? Asiatravel.com shows that the studio is for 1250 and superior for 1350 but does not seem to be any difference. Can we just book either the studio or superior room to bring girls or do we need to book a double room? Thanks

Traveler1234
04-04-06, 18:07
Traveler1234,

the GM was not in today.

We discussed this issue with him when we thought about our own policy, about 3 months ago. That time Novotel Lotus was charging joiner fees for customers which booked cheap rates via internet.

Normal booking via travel agencies: No joiner fees.

But - a system like that is very difficult to implement. I don't really believe that this can work.

I see the GM at least once a week, I will update the forum as soon as I know more.

Giotto

Strange policy they appear to have. My business associate brought up gal from Monet last Oct, nodded to the guard and up the elevator he went. Our rooms are booked through my Thai office at corporate rate....and I think lower than internet rate.

I assume Livingstone is GF....you're not charging a joiner fee, now r u? :)

Scotty Monger
04-04-06, 18:12
http://www.majesticsuites.com/

but I got a slightly better deal through:

http://www.asiahotels.com/

MS is totally GF, no need to book a double, IMHO.

Giotto
04-04-06, 18:19
Traveller1234,

no joiner fees at Livingstone's.

But don't get me wrong: What I was talking about (Novotel) was the policy the GM explained to us. I also got different comments from guests here, who stayed in Novotel before. Some where charged.

In your case - corperate customers - they will not charge joiner fees, for sure not. You take yearly room contigents...returning customer. Internet customer usually do not come twice.

Giotto

Retired Army
04-04-06, 19:58
http://www.majesticsuites.com/

but I got a slightly better deal through:

http://www.asiahotels.com/

MS is totally GF, no need to book a double, IMHO.

Just go with the Majestic, you won't be sorry.

Csun213
04-05-06, 00:31
Great, after all the feedback we have now decided on Majestic Suites. One last question for people who have stayed at the Majestic Suites . Does anyone know what the difference between Studio at 1250 and Superior at 1350. I know that 100 is not that much however since we have to reserve the rooms sight unseen, it would be nice to know the difference before reserving them. Thanks.

By the way, http://www.asiahotels.com no longer have Majestic Suites listed on their site. At least I could not find it. Thanks for any help.

Terry Terrier
04-05-06, 01:21
Does anyone know what the difference between Studio at 1250 and Superior at 1350. I know that 100 is not that much however since we have to reserve the rooms sight unseen, it would be nice to know the difference before reserving them.

The better rooms are on the small side, I heard that some of the cheap rooms are tiny. 100bt is about the price of a ladydrink in the adjacent Nana Plaza estabishments.

Rikusa
04-05-06, 01:24
Sizes is difference. studio is very small w/ bed taking up entire room.

But very good location and value.

Retired Army
04-05-06, 01:35
The better rooms are on the small side, I heard that some of the cheap rooms are tiny. 100bt is about the price of a ladydrink in the adjacent Nana Plaza estabishments.

Just pay the 100 baht.

T.T. is correct that rooms are a little small, albeit clean, modern and comfortable.

Coma Boy
04-05-06, 06:24
Even the largest rooms at MS are very small. Book the largest one possible.

Csun213
04-05-06, 18:32
Great, thanks to all the members, we now know that we will stay at the Majestic Suites and will book the largest room possible. Thanks for helping us avoid making a bad mistake with hotel.

FastFreddy
04-06-06, 13:01
I've searched, but there does not seem to be any reports on the Sofitel Silom. Does anyone know if they are GF, charge joiners fees etc. etc. Many thanks for any help on this.

FF

Prince Harry
04-06-06, 14:30
I paid 600 baht per night at the indra regent per night for a guest, never again.

Sponsor74
04-06-06, 20:20
Great, thanks to all the members, we now know that we will stay at the Majestic Suites and will book the largest room possible. Thanks for helping us avoid making a bad mistake with hotel.
Hurry up because Majestic use to be overbooked. Try at least 1 month in advance. Good Luck

Drago
04-08-06, 09:14
Hi everyone,

I'll be at the swisshotel in BKK for some business at the end of April.

Does anyone know if it is GF?

Thanks a lot for helping

Drago

Berty Boy
04-10-06, 18:23
I have just got back from a week in LOS where I spent a couple of nights at the Majestic Grande. Only a couple of complaints.The first they only had a twin room available and I had pre-arranged meeting with two girls , which I wanted to video and there dosen't seem be any sercurity present as the girls were able to come straight up to my room, without any warning from reception. This was after I had left the room and the girls called me to say they were at the hotel. Later I picked up another coulpe of girls and there wasn't any checks made or IDs left with reception(Luckily I knew one of the girls fairly well) and we all just walk straight in and went to the lifts. Is this the norm, as I am about to book again for July.

Point Shooter
04-10-06, 20:12
I have been to Bangkok many times and I always stayed at Premier Travelodge. It is located on Soi 8 (Soi Preeda), next to Nana BTS station stairs (on the Nana side). The corner building on main Sukhumvit Road. The staff is very friendly and they are the same for last 8 years. No problem with girls. They just take ID. Costs 600 Baht per night. And most rooms have double bed (same rate). Nice A/C and clean toilets. It also has a travel agent inside (Manida Travels). Manida herself is a real nice lady. The hotel is in the center of activity. Beer Garden, Ambassador is 2 min walk. Nana is 5 mins.