PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Bangkok Hotels

Pages : [1] 2 3

Admin
01-01-00, 02:00
2007 Bangkok Hotels

Chadley
12-31-06, 09:00
I am planning my first trip to Bangkok. Which hotels are closest to the red light district - Soi Cowboy, etc?

John Doe69
12-31-06, 16:29
I did my bookings with http://www.agoda.com/ they offer a good price and you can also chat directly with a person if you have a special request.
You collect "reward points" that you can use as a discount for later bookings.

Jdoe

Traveler1234
12-31-06, 19:03
I am planning my first trip to Bangkok. Which hotels are closest to the red light district - Soi Cowboy, etc?

Too many to list, depends on your budget, requirements, etc.- if you do a search, Duni actually provided a fairly comprehensive list of hotels, listing which are GFE or not, price, etc. Go to Reports of distinction and you should find it.

LittleBigMan
01-01-07, 00:34
Chadley,

Your question is very general it really depends on your budget and how close you "really" want to be to the red light district and Soi Cowboy?

Two years ago I stayed at a place called Penny Black Hotel and Restaurant, this place was right at the entrance of Soi Cowboy ( Asoke ) right around the corner was the rail sytem and one stop to Nana ( Soi 4 ). It was just renovated at that time and things were really nice and clean. Good size room and firm bed, big bathroom ( european style bath ). I don't stay long in Bkk and I don't usually spent alot on rooms and my budget can run from 800 to 1700 baht, I usually look for location and it has to be clean minus the roaches! The price 2 years ago was 1000 and I personnel felt this price had the best bang for the bucks being right at Soi Cowboy. Want a chick its like going right outside to a 7/11 for something, it is that quick! For myself I like to stay close to Nana so I have not been there since. What it looks like now I can't say! I have not heard of anyone ever speaking of this place pro or con.

The Penny Black, No.4 Soi sukhumvit 21 ( Asoke ) Klongtoey-Nua, Wattana, Bangkok 10110. Tel 66 02-260-6460-5, 02-2605388, Fax: 66 02-260-6201, E-mail" pennyblack@loxinfo.co.th, www.PennyBlackBangkok.com

Good luck,

Chukichz
01-03-07, 08:34
Not knowing the area, I read various reviews about Bangkok hotels. I ended up going to Regency Park on Soi 22. I didn't know what to expect of the area so was pleasantly surprised to find it was in the heart of the action. In addition to beer bars it was surrounded by massage parlours. There were 2 that I liked; across from the hotel there is a street perpendicular to Soi 22. At the end of this street was a Korean type massage parlour. The massage was very good and a hj that was one of the best. Secondly, across the street from the hotel was Lavendar massage. I had nong (rhymes with song). Very enthusiastic. She is no beauty but has, at least for me, a killer body. If you like large thighs, she has them. Had complete sex with her ending up riding me in reverse cowgirl (I love that position!). I was a 2 hour session with lotion ending in veryk good sex. She requested 2000 baht and I happily complied.

As far as the hotel, I believe it was around $50/night and although the room was average by US standards, it was comfortable and roomy. The breakfast is very good. They have eggs to order and a large buffet with many offerings, including many asian style foods. The staff are professional and friendly. I don't know if the hotel is girl friendly as I did all incall except for having a couple of girls come to the room that worked for the hotel massage service. I would recommend it.

Napalm
01-04-07, 14:38
I've stayed at Penny Black two or three times in the past year or so. Usually only for a couple nights at a time. The rooms are decent sized with an apartment sized fridge, tv with cable, ac, soap/shampoo/toothbrushes and toothpaste in the bathroom which you probably won't want to use but the girls can use. The rooms are fairly clean but have dirty/old carpet which could definitely use replacing. When I was there last (about 2 months ago) it was 1500 baht/night.

Obviously very girl friendly, considering it's location. If you make a left from Soi Cowboy and head toward Sukhumvit there are escalators on the left which will take you down to the lower level where there is a nice little arcade area where you can get a quick haircut (I think it was 200 baht IIRC) use the internet, etc. also much easier to cross the street this way than up top at street level.

There is a steak house at the opposite end of Soi Cowboy on the same side which has decent food. All in all I would recommend this place and will probably be staying there again next month.

CarneChaser
01-04-07, 20:13
Anyone ever stay at the Fortuna Hotel? Any negatives? Any better ideas?

Thanks

The Traveler
01-06-07, 12:23
I ended up going to Regency Park on Soi 22. ...
I don't know if the hotel is girl friendly ...

Chulkihz,

the Regency Park is girl-friendly, at least it was when I stayed there a couple of years ago, so this info might be outdated.

Yi Ren
01-06-07, 14:38
Posted this the other daz in the Bangkok forum, then realized it probably ought to be here... -Y

Well, the movers came yesterday afternoon, packed up all my stuff, and I suddenly found myself homeless. "No problem", I thought, "I'll just call Livingstones".

So, after more than a year of maintaining an apartment in Bangkok, and being a semi-regular visitor of the Sports Bar and benefactor of Giotto's famous hospitality, I finally stayed at Livingstones Lodge on Sukhumvit Soi 33.

Being that my TGF was in attendance, the festivities were somewhat ah, limited. However, I had a "deluxe" room, which was spacious, clean, and was stocked with 3 sets of bath towels (nudge, nudge, Thor93) to service the jacuzzi/spa thingie that looked like it was designed for two, but could fit 4. Or 6, depending on how cozy one wanted to be.

Alas, it had been a very long and busy day, and we chose to retire to the comfy bed rather than engage in water activities (but I should've asked if down pillows were available - foam pillows just don't work for me).

TGF couldn't figure out the spa plumbing anyway (what is it about TGs: they just can't seem to handle more than one water spigot!). I couldn't quite get why the bathroom floor had 6 levels, tho (OK, it was only 3, but I found one on my way to the toilet late at night).

Oh, and Piper, you'll be happy to know my 5:30am wake up call was only a couple minutes late. ;^)

All-in-all, a good place to stay at a reasonable price, and highly recommended. I'll be staying there when I can get back to BKK. The late-night giggling adds to the atmosphere, for sure! ;^)

In the meantime, I'm trying to keep a stiff upper lip, since I haven't seen much in the UK to make other body parts stiff (well, OK, I exagerate slightly, but not whole lot.)

Cheers,
-Y

Thor93
01-06-07, 15:10
Being that my TGF was in attendance, the festivities were somewhat ah, limited. However, I had a "deluxe" room, which was spacious, clean, and was stocked with 3 sets of bath towels (nudge, nudge, Thor93) to service the jacuzzi/spa thingie that looked like it was designed for two, but could fit 4. Or 6, depending on how cozy one wanted to be.

-Y

Ah, the infamous 3 towels, but were there now also the really small hand/face towels - quite useful for those quick late night clean ups? In any event I am very glad to hear that Livingstones is on the way to official world class status.

Giotto
01-06-07, 17:22
Ah, the infamous 3 towels, but were there now also the really small hand/face towels - quite useful for those quick late night clean ups? In any event I am very glad to hear that Livingstones is on the way to official world class status.Thor93,

3 big, 3 medium, 3 small towels. We learn from our guests every day :) !

Giotto

Daddy07
01-06-07, 17:41
Thor93,

3 big, 3 medium, 3 small towels. We learn from our guests every day :) !

GiottoGiotto,

By "3 small towels," I assume you mean "washcloths." How wonderful that you supply them to your guests now. I had to ask for them when I stayed with you, but no one knew what the hell I was talking about, until I saw one of the maids using one for dusting the furniture, and I asked her to bring me some every day. Alas, I only received the one during my five day visit, and she would leave it in the bathroom dirty but take the bath towels to the laundry. Guido told me: "No one uses washcloths in Thailand." Glad you are now becomming civilized.

Daddy

Thor93
01-06-07, 18:28
thor93,

3 big, 3 medium, 3 small towels. we learn from our guests every day :) !

giotto

and that is why livingstones is such a great place for a mongerer. giotto listens to his guests and tries to accomodate.

but there really is a need for those towels. with all of those jacuzzis, the place is really built on [CodeWord118] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord118). most tg's just love lose jacuzzis. now he just needs a way to figure out how to fill them faster.

Ralph Kramden
01-07-07, 14:32
I stayed in this hotel the last week of December for the second year in a row and would recommend it. It cost USD58 per night for a Deluxe room including a good buffet breakfast and unlimited Internet usage. The slightly lower priced Superior room does not get free Internet. The hotel is conveniently located on the MRT at the Ratchadapisek stop. I don't know if they are girl friendly because that is not my style, but I saw 2 or 3 tourist-girlfriend situations during my stay. However, their policy is that "all guests must register". I just don't know if there is any fee or not. The hotel is one subway stop away, and within walking distance, from the Poseidon, and two subway stops from the Emerald Hotel and a cluster of MPs. I like this hotel because it is located away from the terrific noise and poor air quality of the Sukhumvit area. But one can easily use the subway to get to the downtown area, which I did every day I was in Bangkok. The hotel is clean and well staffed, and I think rated 3 or 4 stars depending on who does the rating.

For those who like non-sexual oil massage, body wraps and facials, the hotel has an excellent spa that has these services, plus lower priced traditional Thai massage. The ladies there never solicited me for sex.

Normad2020
01-09-07, 06:29
Thanks Brother for the information. I have requested my office to book me into D'MA Pavilion Hotel which I was made to understand is near to Bangkok Palace. As I gathered from the forum, this hotel is girl-friendly. I hope the situation remains the same towards the end of January 2007. BTW, is there any soapy massage places that you can recommend near to the hotel that I will be staying? Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Think this hotel is a bit out on it's own, but a short taxi ride to Nana and a little further to Soi Cowboy. Usually better to flag down a moving taxi on the street than use the guys hanging round outside the hotel. Insist on using the meter.

I think Bangkok Palace is Accor Group (Novotel, Ibis...), in which case it may not be so GF. Staying at Ibis Siam (Ratchaprarop) was once (but not always) asked to pay a joiner fee. Staff were pretty insistent and I think it was official hotel policy, rather than night staff looking for a few extra Baht. Don't think Novotel Siam Square is GF either.

I find joiner fees intensely annoying and generally, if one is requested I won't use the hotel again. As has been pointed out in this forum, older Japanese men seem to be able to bring in who they like.

Dressing neat, not being too drunk and not having a girl looking like a real hardcore hooker may help. Definitely don't walk into the hotel looking like you're expecting to pay.

Resistance sometimes works, but this is Thailand so best not to argue. I try to ignore the request, then if this isn't possible ask to sign for it rather than pay cash. Where the fee isn't hotel policy, this can effectively waive the fee, or at least get a discount.

Capt JB
01-11-07, 02:52
I was able to book a room in the Grande Westin Sukhumvit for $105 through Priceline. Tried $100 for a five star a few days ago with no results but $105 did it. This is a great hotel and very girl friendly. Stayed there a year ago, It seems that all 5 star requests go to J W Marriott or Grande Westin in Sukhumvit district

PassinThrough
01-11-07, 03:02
JB,

You did better than me, I got mine for $115 but that is a little later in the year. JW was going for around $130 a night. You are right they are both Girl Friendly and the Westin Grande is very close to Soi Cowboy. Have a fun time

PIT

Too Jaded
01-12-07, 12:42
All,

I posted an extensive review of my first day in Bangkok at Livingstones Lodge. I am providing a link here so as not to cross post.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=550461&postcount=3402

I am a newbie to Bangkok so I am not offering this as authoritative advice, but rather as a report of my personal, favorable experience at Giotto's lodge.

Happy and safe mongering to you all!

2J

Piper1
01-12-07, 13:11
Too Jaded - what a great report. You've captured the essence of Giotto's.

SteLateBloomer
01-12-07, 16:50
Hi Guys,

This is my first trip to Bangkok. Can someone tell me where to locate livingstone, address and contact numbers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cheers

Giotto
01-12-07, 18:27
Hi Guys,

This is my first trip to Bangkok. Can someone tell me where to locate livingstone, address and contact numbers will be appreciated.

Thanks,

CheersSteLateBloomer,

Bangkok, 7 Sukhumvit Soi 33.

www.livingstones.co.th

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2536

Giotto

Bloke
01-13-07, 16:19
I did not want to stay in the Suk area for obvious reasons so decided to stay here for 3 days en route to Australia before Christmas. Very handy locale for shopping etc. As I was with my family mongering was out but I could get away for an hour for a "Thai massage". Absolutely nothing doing service wise in this hotel though there is a traditional Thai massage centre connected to the Asia across the road that runs down the side of the hotel (called Asia massage). Anyway nice oily massage (400 baht per hour) followed by a quickie fuck (1100 baht) sorted me out. The girl was cute too, 26, name of Tia with largeish tits for a Thai, recommended if anyone is travelling under similar circumstances as me.

Run Mann
01-21-07, 12:47
Here is an excellent link for making Hotel reservation from Hotel Travel with an interactive strip map detailing the location of the hotels the world over. This is a map of Sukhumvit area in Bangkok, not sure of how reasonable the rates are booking through them but the map with Hotel locations for all these countries makes this a value for world travelers.

http://www.hoteltravel.com/thailand/bangkok/sukhumvit_map.htm

Some American
01-24-07, 01:36
Hi,

I've been active on the New York board of the USA Sex Guide for quite some time. I'm a first time visitor to Thailand and I'm wondering, am I better off reserving a room ahead of time, or does it make more sense to do so once I'm there, from the airport, or just show up? I am on a budget and would like to keep the room under $30 per night.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Zip Head
01-24-07, 21:58
Just got back from 2 weeks in Bangkok and Phuket.

Stayed at the Dynasty Inn in Bangkok for the third year in a row....I think it is a great hotel for the money. Right across the street from the Nana Hotel and in the midst of the excitement of Sukhimvet (sp?). 1300 bht a night and very clean, good showers, aircon and excellent staff at the front desk. Safe in the room and totally girl friendly.

Dutchiedutch
01-24-07, 22:14
Looking also for a hotel, whas this the one?

http://www.dynastyinn.com/beta_DynastyInnBangkok.htm

Thanks,

Just got back from 2 weeks in Bangkok and Phuket.

Stayed at the Dynasty Inn in Bangkok for the third year in a row....I think it is a great hotel for the money. Right across the street from the Nana Hotel and in the midst of the excitement of Sukhimvet (sp?). 1300 bht a night and very clean, good showers, aircon and excellent staff at the front desk. Safe in the room and totally girl friendly.

Dutchiedutch
01-24-07, 22:20
This Hotel? http://www.dynastyinn.com/beta_DynastyInnBangkok.htm

Dreams
01-25-07, 06:10
Hi,

I've been active on the New York board of the USA Sex Guide for quite some time. I'm a first time visitor to Thailand and I'm wondering, am I better off reserving a room ahead of time, or does it make more sense to do so once I'm there, from the airport, or just show up? I am on a budget and would like to keep the room under $30 per night.

I recommend you to book ahead.

Within in your budget, Majestic Suites is not a bad deal.

NicFrenchy
01-25-07, 06:16
Agree.

Majestic suites or Nana Hotel are a great choice.

But you better make your search and book before you arrive in Thailand.

Also, can't help you if we don't know your period of Travel. Prices in these hotels are seasonnal.

Member #2041
01-25-07, 08:07
It depends on what you're looking for in a hotel. I have my preferred downtown Sukhumvit area Bangkok Hotels classified as follows:

When I just need an inexpensive, clean, guest-friendly place with bed, shower and in-room safe, I go with: the Majestic Suites or the Dynasty Inn. IMHO, these are both nicer than the Nana Hotel.

When I need an upscale place to impress someone, or I am seeking luxury: my picks would be: the Plaza Athenee (great value when booked with Starwood Pts as a Category 2), the Sheraton Grande, or the JW Marriott.

For a general purpose full service hotel with a restaurant, pool, and health club - the Dynasty Grande is my favorite, and the best value around for this, IMHO, a better deal than the Majestic Grande or Landmark.

Those are, IMHO, the first ones to consider.

If I wanted to be a bit removed from the midst of all the working ladies on the streets for purposes of discretion, The Plaza Athenee is just a few blocks away from the action, but you won't see it unless you venture further down Sukhumvit.

Strikesfun
01-25-07, 17:18
Dynasty is the way to go you should plan to head to Pattaya they have a shuttle that will get you there. You are right in the center of the main action.

Terry Terrier
01-25-07, 19:48
Hi,

Mostly shitholes available in the Sukhumvit Pussy Zone at this price. But the Woraburi (a few minutes walk past Nana Plaza on Soi Nana) and the Royal Asia Lodge (at the bottom of Soi 8) are both ok and fit your criterion if you book in advance on a site such as asiarooms.

Pointy Stick
01-30-07, 17:30
Has anyone had any recent experience with the Sukhumvit Crown Hotel in 7 Sukhumvit soi 6? Is it GF? Its either this or the Dynasty Inn which are within my budget range. I have just arrived so I'm looking at spending about a week in Bangkok.

Thanks in advance

Member #2041
01-31-07, 09:41
Has anyone had any recent experience with the Sukhumvit Crown Hotel in 7 Sukhumvit soi 6? Is it GF? Its either this or the Dynasty Inn which are within my budget range. I have just arrived so I'm looking at spending about a week in Bangkok.

Thanks in advance

IMHO, with the current (< 35 Baht to the dollar) exchange rate, you should up your budget to $35/nt or so and you will see a big improvement. The Majestic Suites and Dynasty Inn are much better for around $35 than most of the places that you could book for under $30. And those two places will definitely need to be booked in advance during the busy travel season.

Rambis Youth
01-31-07, 12:30

Thanks in advance

Haven't been inside but sure looks a dump on the outside. It's in a good position though.

John Euro
01-31-07, 18:01
Have been staying in January in BKK at some 4 & 5 star hotels as I like to move to another area sometimes after a few day’s.

I noticed at The Sherathon Grande Suk. several times that ,when Thai girls walking in the lobby on there own ,this towards the elevator have to show there ID to the security staff having also to open the hand bag for checking.

One day I saw the security guy holding the girl asside and calling to a room and the guest as to pick up the girl in the lobby and agree that she came up. It's a bit embarrassing sometimes when other guest’s in the near.

At another occasion I have seen security staff discussing with a Thai girl in front of the elevator , finally they escorted here to the room I think . looks not as girl friendly as the Westin opposite the road .

Girls at Avia told me how difficult it is to get in there when a customer call’s them for a service.

It does not get any better withy all the additional security mesasures in big hotels .

The Traveler
01-31-07, 22:13
John Euro,

that rather sounds like tight security - which should be welcomed by all of us - than being girl-unfriendly.

I think there is nothing wrong if you have to pick up your guests at the lobby. In Singapore this is the norm as you need a keycard to use the lift. This keeps people who do not belong there away from the rooms.

Josh69
01-31-07, 23:48
Hi,
Any recommendations on hotels near the nana skytrain station with internet access and guest friendly will be much appreciated. Budget around us $50. Thank you.
Josh

NicFrenchy
02-01-07, 06:40
John Euro,

That rather sounds like tight security - which should be welcomed by all of us - than being girl-unfriendly.I agree, it is for the guest's security that they do these things.

Even better when Security keeps the ID card of the girl... and when the girl leaves and want her card back, they call your room to see if everything is ok. Great Security measures!!

John Euro
02-01-07, 12:06
I agree totally with these security measures, no problem to me, I stayed at the Davis the first week January and there you need also a key card for the elevator , even to go down or going to another floor, this is not new to me, they should have it everywhere.

I can tell story’s from years ago in other country’s (even US) where girls knocking on your door at night or a girlfriend that as been followed to the room by a stranger.

John Euro
02-01-07, 12:40
Here is the story:

More than 10 years ago but worth to share even when it does not belong in the BKK hotel area as this can happen everywhere (don’t think in Asia), its mainly to show how hotel security as to work.

My business girlfriend had room in the LA Beverly Hills Hilton and used it as a temporary office till the real one a few blocks away was ready.

She had daily post packages delivered to the room, going in and out all day, so security knowing here very well by name and they know she was staying alone. One night a guy was following here to the room, she thinking it was another guest, she opens here door and before she could react he jumped in to the room with here and trow her on the bed trying to get sex, a real strong big guy no way to defend for here.

The girl very clever say’s, slow on man, let have a drink first and relax, I am interested to but not this way.

She took a big champagne bottle (just received that day as a present) from the closed, she start looking for some glasses but did not find them, of course, mini bar was not so popular at that time.

She dial’s the security nr, give here name and asked for 2 champagne glass, the guy on the other end and say’s, this is not housekeeping this is security,

A: she say’s I know this but a need only 2 glass, . .

Q: Are you in trouble mam? –

A: yes. Indeed I need these 2 glass quickly.

Within seconds later, the door smashes open, hinges broken off and 3 security guys like Rambo on top of the stranger just like in a movie,

I was there a few day’s later and a security guy told me what kind of " treatment and remodelling " they have given to that guy before handling over to the police, I save you the details.

Pointy Stick
02-05-07, 12:46
Hi,

Any recommendations on hotels near the nana skytrain station with internet access and guest friendly will be much appreciated. Budget around us $50. Thank you.
JoshI took the advice of the forum and checked into the Dynasty Inn which pretty much fits the bill except for inhouse internet which you can find just about anywhere. Confirm it is GF and they keep their ID cards w3hich is no surprise considering the location next to the NEP. It's about 1280 baht a night. Excellent value for money IMHO.

R 2 D 2
02-06-07, 23:48
Is Majestic Grande and Majestic Suites the same?

Am looking for Majestic Suites type hotel, perhaps with airport pickup service? or is that some kind of a tour package? Any help is much appreicated.

Le Licheur
02-08-07, 05:45
No they are not the same. I stayed at the Majestic Grande last year and it's a nice place. I didn't actually go into the Majestic Suites but it didn't match up to the Grande from the outside.

Duniawala
02-08-07, 16:00

Am looking for Majestic Suites type hotel, perhaps with airport pickup service? or is that some kind of a tour package? Any help is much appreicated.
Try Asiatravel.com. After you confirm reservation they will send you an email with airport pickup and tourist info.

Member #2041
02-08-07, 17:29

Same ownership, very different hotels. Majestic Suites is a good value 2* hotel that costs around 1200-1400 baht/night.

Majestic Grande is an upscale 4* hotel with full amenities, including a pool, fitness center, and a couple of good restaurants that costs 2900-3500 baht/night

A similar pairing would be the Dynasty Inn and the Dynasty Grande - same ownership, with the Dynasty Inn being a basic inexpensive place, and the Dynasty Grande being a more upscale place with pool, health club, and restaurant.

Delwand
02-08-07, 17:37

Thanks in advanceI stayed there for one night about 3 weeks ago. The rooms are old and the furniture is worn out but atleast they keep it clean and it's definately girl friendly.

I highly recommend the new Sofitel just beside it if you can spring a few extra bucks.

Sainter21
02-13-07, 17:45
Hi Gents,

I´m looking to stay in Bkk for a month in an apartment up to B12000, however the places I have found through various searches have minimum rental periods of 3 or 6 months.
Anyone know of places that will rent for a month only?
The other option is long term discount at a hotel. Any recommendations?

Cheers.

The Traveler
02-13-07, 22:09
Sainter21,

check this website, maybe you may find something to your taste

http://www.bangkokapartments.info/

Gangles
02-21-07, 06:41
Help.

As a newbie to the Bangkok scene, I need some advice. I plan to spend about a week in Bangkok, with an old flame. This is my first visit to Bangkok.

There is a fair possibility that we may not fire as we once did, and in this case I would want to head into the Sukhumvit area for some quick servicing to relieve the pressure. However, she is likely to be very offended if we stay in the heart of the bar area, where your excellent recomendations are centered.

So I am looking for a hotel, good value for money, just outside the mail bar area, but within reasonable striking distance. Probably about 1500-1800 TBH per night would fit the budget.

Any ideas please?

Gordita Lover
02-21-07, 09:13
Here is what I'm looking for:

1) Wireless internet, preferably in room, but 24 hours or nearly 24 hours in the lobby or whatever is fine, too.

2) Under $50 USD with taxes; but preferably under 1500 BHT.

3) Girl-friendly

4) Close to public transit

5) Decent bathroom, decent bed

Okay, I did some research on asiatravel.com. These seem to be some of the better deals. Can you please give me your impressions and tell me whether they meet my requirements above to the best of your knowledge:

Unico Leela Hotel Nana
74 Sukhumvit Road, Sukhumvit Soi 3 (Nana Nua)
1000-1600 BHT

Pratunam City Inn
1091/209 Petchburi 33 Rd., Rajthevee
1070-2500 BHT

Majestic Suites
110-110/1 Sukhumvit Road, between (Soi 4-6)
1350-2050 BHT

Dynasty Inn
5/4-5 Soi Nanatai, Sukhumvit Rd., Klongtoey
1280 BHT

Only Dynasty wasn't on asiatravel.com. (Which seems to save a decent amount of money over the rates given on the hotels' site.)

Rambis Youth
02-21-07, 12:33
Regency Park Hotel on Soi 22 might be worth a look. Pretty close to the action but not too obvious.

It's in your price range and the Emporium is not too far way to keep your friend's attention.

Giotto
02-21-07, 15:23
...So I am looking for a hotel, good value for money, just outside the mail bar area, but within reasonable striking distance. Probably about 1500-1800 TBH per night would fit the budget.
...Gangles,

Superior rooms in Livingstones in Soi 33 are THB 1,800.00 ++, and if you use the option of the ISG discount (voucher or 4+1) it should be within your budget.

Giotto

Thor93
02-21-07, 16:48
Gangles,

Superior rooms in Livingstones in Soi 33 are THB 1,800.00 ++, and if you use the option of the ISG discount (voucher or 4+1) it should be within your budget.
Giotto

However, she is likely to be very offended if we stay in the heart of the bar area, where your excellent recomendations are centered.

Gangles,
Having had some experience with bringing a non-working girl onto Soi 33 and into Livingstone, I reluctantly have to offer some caution. It is hard to hide what goes on there and some non-working women might be truly offended.

I agree for the money that Livingstones is hard to beat and it is a great place to stay, but your girlfriend will see the P4P scene up close and personal unless you only let her out of the room during daylight hours. And even then you still might see some things. I won't comment on what you might hear from some of the other rooms at night if some of the more famous members of this forum are in residence.

On the flip side, if your girlfriend is the least bit adventuresome it could loosen her up. If you go though, I am sure that Giotto will go out of his way to make your girlfriend feel welcome. And that personal type of service and attention is something that few other hotels in Bangkok offer.

I

Terry Terrier
02-22-07, 08:47
Long-time punter/monger favourite the Grand President (along with the rest of the President group) now states on AsiaRooms that a nightly 350bt joiner fee is applicable, payable in cash to reception. A receipt is issued, presumably so that the customer can claim it back on expenses:D, or would that be to stop the staff from using private enterprise initiative?

Allover
02-22-07, 10:21
GP's policy change would be a shocker if this is true. I always stay there because I think they have the best location in town. Easy access to Bier Garden, Nana, BTS, etc. I also think the walk to Nana is interesting. I like the sidewalk vendors in the area.

If someone on the ground can confirm or deny the new joiner fee, I would appreciate it. GP's website doesn't mention it.

Adimondo
02-22-07, 13:08
Hello & thank you for the great informational work!

Decided to book Majestic Suites for my stay in BKK mid January. Filled out the online booking form and sent it away. No response. Tried to contact them via 2 e-mail addresses which were displayed on the homepage. No response. Booked eventually via www.sawadee.com and everything worked perfectly. No commission. I paid the same rate which was displayed on the homepage.

Room at 1,250 Bht was somewhat cramped, however fully equipped with up to date high tech. Extremely clean, perfect hygiene. Bathroom was on highest standard. Nice corner tub. Refrigerator & minibar full of everything. Mineral water with hotel logo on the bottle was free of charge. However my visitor drank a bottle of French mineral water which was charged twice by the cashier. Oh, well. The rate includes breakfast which is fresh & tasty and will be served at your table. No bufet.

All in all a highly recommended residence in BKK. Location is between Marriott and Landmark Plaza near Soi 4 (Nana) corner. It is advisable to book long time (up to 3 months) in advance.

It's an excellent deal!

Giotto
02-22-07, 13:31
Having had some experience with bringing a non-working girl onto Soi 33 and into Livingstone, I reluctantly have to offer some caution. It is hard to hide what goes on there and some non-working women might be truly offended.
...Thor93,

After reading your concerns now for the xth time let me give you a clear statement:

Yes, it is hard to hide what is possibly going on in Livingstone's, but a non-working Thai women will NOT be truly offended. They all know what is going on in all Thai hotels/hotel bars. Offended might be women who pretend to be non-working having problems or seeing risks to be confronted with their own past.

Giotto

Thor93
02-22-07, 15:39
Thor93,

After reading your concerns now for the xth time let me give you a clear statement:

Yes, it is hard to hide what is possibly going on in Livingstone's, but a non-working Thai women will NOT be truly offended. They all know what is going on in all Thai hotels/hotel bars. Offended might be women who pretend to be non-working having problems or seeing risks to be confronted with their own past.

Giotto

Giotto,

I agree with your basic assessment. Most non-working Thai girls know what goes on. Offended might be the wrong word, but Gangles used it and I picked it up. The real issue is probably that a non-working girl may not fully trust the guy in that type of environment where it is all out in the open. She acts offended but is really worried the guy is going to butterfly on her. And basically anyone who is on this forum is probably guilty of at least thinking that if not actually acting it out.

Your hotel is really in a unique and very enviable niche there in Bangkok. I do think though that your main customer base is probably single male travelers. Not all girlfriends and wives are understanding of how things work in Thailand, especially non-Thai women. And I think you would have to agree that on Soi 33 and within Livingstones, the whole P4P scene is quite open on display and that is what Gangles originally said would offend his friend.

The Traveler
02-22-07, 21:59
Thor93,

Giotto
Giotto,

yes, non-working Thai girls do know what is going on in these places even though it's often only hear-say. Nevertheless some non-working Thai girls do in fact feel offended.

A friend of mine - who is the daughter of a brigadier general and definitely never ever worked as P4P- once visited a Gogo with a couple of friends and me, just out of curiosity as she never had seen one before. She wanted to leave after a couple of minutes telling me to be offended seeing what was really going on. Since she was single at this time she didn't fear any "competition" as well.

So you are wrong, knowing what is going on doesn't mean to be not truly offended.

Ask yourself how you do feel when seeing something that is contrary to your moral standards or which you judge as being wrong. Will you be less offended simply because you know about it ?

Phantomtiger2
02-23-07, 00:56
Can't truly speak for the local women (non p$p working types) as I never had a real relation with any but I suspect most don't really care as long as someone close to them are not involved.
But from my experiences and observations, the only women that are offended by what goes on are all the Western women (tourist). They also must know what to expect as Bkk reputation precedes them but they are often shocked just the same. Some find this whole affair amusing but others are truly shocked and I often overheard them say so.--Just my own thoughts.

PT

Rikusa
02-23-07, 02:50
GP's policy change would be a shocker if this is true. I always stay there because I think they have the best location in town. Easy access to Bier Garden, Nana, BTS, etc. I also think the walk to Nana is interesting. I like the sidewalk vendors in the area.

If someone on the ground can confirm or deny the new joiner fee, I would appreciate it. GP's website doesn't mention it.

Stayed at GP for a month in December. No Joiner Fees. Saw the same 350 baht fee on asia rooms. Sent an e-mail to GP and they responded no Extra charge. Also noted on the Solitaire website that they did have a 250 baht guest fee. So decided on GP. Great location, Good breakfast and very nice staff. Booked 1 month royal suite for 60000 Baht was impressed that there was no extra charges Seems like alot but like the idea of a full kitchen and 2 TV's included breakfast and newspaper, BTS card for 600 baht (left only using 200 baht with the maid) Plus excellent street vendor opposite side of the street about 100 yard down towards Sukhumvit for clean inexpensive meals.

Allover
02-23-07, 05:31
Rikusa: Thanks for confirming the Asiaroom error re: GP joiner fees. I suspect Solitaire does not enforce a joiner fee policy. GP has some pretty miserable rooms now ( mostly Tower 3) but I know they are upgrading. Was your Roayl Suite recently renovated or at least in decent shape?

Giotto
02-23-07, 05:38
Your hotel is really in a unique and very enviable niche there in Bangkok. I do think though that your main customer base is probably single male travelers. Not all girlfriends and wives are understanding of how things work in Thailand, especially non-Thai women. And I think you would have to agree that on Soi 33 and within Livingstones, the whole P4P scene is quite open on display and that is what Gangles originally said would offend his friend.Thor93,

also agreed. But it is not so much about Livingstone's, it is about Bangkok hotels in general. Hyatt Eriwan with Spasso, Novotel Siam Square with CM 2, Sheraton with Riva's, JW Marriott with Nana around the corner ...

The p4p scene in Soi 33 is with all the bars is of course more obvious. I am sometimes surprised if I see the huge number of weddings and the usually high occupancy of the Novotel Lotus here in Soi 33 in the center of all the bars - nobody really seams to care about all that.

I think "regular" (and you know my opinion about this term) Thai women are much more relaxed reg. this issue than we think. The experience I have here in Livingstone's is that this problem usually only occur with ex-working girls. Never had any negative comment from a "regular".

Giotto

Yin Yang
02-23-07, 05:42
Thor93,

GiottoThai women aren't stupid, so of course they will know what's going on in Bangkok (and everywhere else). But certainly you won't manage to give the impression of being very serious about a relationship with a TG if you stay in a place where the availability of P4P is all too obvious to her. Remember that Thais are masters in the art of tact, which includes hiding and deceit (even of those things everyone knows!).

On a different note, I've made the experience that a non-P4P TG won't have such a big problem with the business. Her main concern will be NOT to be mistaken for a WL. If you want to invite a Thai friend to your room, it therefore is a good idea to choose a hotel where you can avoid the "walk of shame" in front of curious receptionists.

YY

Giotto
02-23-07, 09:15
Thai women aren't stupid, so of course they will know what's going on in Bangkok (and everywhere else). But certainly you won't manage to give the impression of being very serious about a relationship with a TG if you stay in a place where the availability of P4P is all too obvious to her. Remember that Thais are masters in the art of tact, which includes hiding and deceit (even of those things everyone knows!).
Yin Yang,

I agree again. But if you are seriously interested building up a relationship with a Thai woman you should not select a hotel in the Sukhumvit area anyway. Take one of the hotels at to the river then, far away of any action.

Giotto

Yin Yang
02-24-07, 14:45
Yin Yang,

I agree again. But if you are seriously interested building up a relationship with a Thai woman you should not select a hotel in the Sukhumvit area anyway. Take one of the hotels at to the river then, far away of any action.

GiottoYep, because just passing by the street walkers and places like NEP at night on the way to a Sukhumvit hotel inevitably raises suspicions. And are they unfounded? Probably not!

But it will still make a slight difference if you stay, say, at Nana Hotel or at the Majestic Grande, I guess. Well, it's a tough life that we have to make such choices :)

YY

Maphrao
02-26-07, 02:43
Hello & thank you for the great informational work!

Decided to book Majestic Suites for my stay in BKK mid January. Filled out the online booking form and sent it away. No response. Tried to contact them via 2 e-mail addresses which were displayed on the homepage. No response. Booked eventually via www.sawadee.com and everything worked perfectly. No commission. I paid the same rate which was displayed on the homepage.

Room at 1,250 Bht was somewhat cramped, however fully equipped with up to date high tech. Extremely clean, perfect hygiene. Bathroom was on highest standard. Nice corner tub. Refrigerator & minibar full of everything. Mineral water with hotel logo on the bottle was free of charge. However my visitor drank a bottle of French mineral water which was charged twice by the cashier. Oh, well. The rate includes breakfast which is fresh & tasty and will be served at your table. No bufet.

All in all a highly recommended residence in BKK. Location is between Marriott and Landmark Plaza near Soi 4 (Nana) corner. It is advisable to book long time (up to 3 months) in advance.

It's an excellent deal!Hi everybody,

Can you book a single room / rate at 1250 be and do a double occupancy at Majestic Suites?

Member #2041
02-26-07, 08:27
Hi everybody,

Can you book a single room / rate at 1250 be and do a double occupancy at Majestic Suites?

The only issue with single/double occupancy at the Majestic Suites is that I believe that they will charge you extra for a 2nd Breakfast if your lady joins you and you only booked a single.

Maphrao
02-26-07, 09:35
...with single...occupancy at the Majestic Suites ...they will charge you extra for a 2nd Breakfast ...Thanks M2041,

I usually book a double to avoid any hassle, but U confirmed me what I already read about Majestic on the forum : GF with single occupancy (which is not so usual). Now the gap between (superior may be a little bit bigger than studio) the first single in the list price and the first double is 340 B so I will take the basic studio I guess.

reminder : http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/majestic/ Single Studio 1250 B - Single Superior 1350 B - Double Superior 1590 B

Member #2041
02-26-07, 20:28
The only issue with the single studio room at the Majestic Suites is that it is VERY small. I almost always book the single superior room when I stay there, as it is noticeably less claustrophobic. IMHO, it's $3 a night well spent.

Gangles
02-27-07, 01:15
Hello gentlemen,

Thank you for your thoughts about hotels in the Sukhumvit area, and the P4P scene.

I have been looking in the Sathorn area, as it is still close to Suk, and also gives quick access to the MRT system, entertainment, and of course massage parlours, as I originally asked.

I am looking at the Pinnacle Lumpinee hotel, off Rama IV road, it is within my budget, and gets good reviews on the web page.

Does anyone have experience of this hotel?

Best wishes in advance,

Gangles

Crypton
02-27-07, 02:00
Thanks M2041,

I usually book a double to avoid any hassle, but U confirmed me what I already read about Majestic on the forum : GF with single occupancy (which is not so usual). Now the gap between (superior may be a little bit bigger than studio) the first single in the list price and the first double is 340 B so I will take the basic studio I guess.

I have stayed at MS many times and always book a double - initially to avoid the hassle but now because there is just more room (the MS rooms are small to begin with). I would avoid the studio.

Surfer
02-27-07, 02:11
this joiner fee thing is getting out of hand. After having to ring the manager at 3am at the Ambassador to avoid the BS, and having been VERY disappointed with how far downhill the Omni has gone, was planning on stying at the GP in April but NOT if this new joiner fee policy is true. It is more the principle of getting fleeced than the 350Baht.

1Ball
02-27-07, 03:27
I sent an email to the GP an hour ago, as this seems to be a topic with no answer.
here is their response.

"Dear Sir,
Thank you for the reply. Kindly inform you we do not charge joiner fee but the breakfast is additional charge at THB 270 net per person per day."

I guess............now we know !!!

Allover
02-27-07, 07:38
Thanks for confirming what I suspected 1Ball. The joiner fee will not be enforced at Grand President. I think it would cost them dearly if they tried to charge it. Now I will plan to return to GP on my next trip in April or May. Surfer can now return to GP as well.

Since GP is a longtime favorite of many here, does anybody know where to find their lowest rate? I've been booking on their website and trying to negotitate with their live online agent but she won't negotiate. Any suggestions?

Terry Terrier
02-27-07, 09:27
Since GP is a longtime favorite of many here, does anybody know where to find their lowest rate? I've been booking on their website and trying to negotitate with their live online agent but she won't negotiate. Any suggestions?

Plain old footwork, I'm afraid. Google for 'bangkok+hotels' or 'grand president+bangkok' then sift through the results to compare rates. Be aware that some online agents only add the taxes at the booking stage (you can go this far in their procedure without giving out personal info).

ThaiLearner
02-27-07, 12:52
I sent an email to the GP an hour ago, as this seems to be a topic with no answer.
here is their response.

"Dear Sir,
Thank you for the reply. Kindly inform you we do not charge joiner fee but the breakfast is additional charge at THB 270 net per person per day."

I guess............now we know !!!

Don't eat breakfeast there go some where else for it

Sainter21
03-05-07, 03:09
Ok, stupid question alert.......hey, I am a newbie. Generally, how much do you end up paying for the utilities over the couse of a month. I guess I´ll have the air-con on during the night and the tv for a few hours a day...no cooking, a daily shower. I get the feeling that some places have low rates, but then hit you with expenses.

Btw, I considering Greenery House (8-13k a month, my budget) with pool and gym, although the location could be a problem. The other options were Sathorn Saint View or Rompo Mansion, but I´ve since read some bad reports on these.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Retired Army
03-05-07, 15:34
Ok, stupid question alert.......hey, I am a newbie. Generally, how much do you end up paying for the utilities over the couse of a month. I guess I´ll have the air-con on during the night and the tv for a few hours a day...no cooking, a daily shower. I get the feeling that some places have low rates, but then hit you with expenses.

Btw, I considering Greenery House (8-13k a month, my budget) with pool and gym, although the location could be a problem. The other options were Sathorn Saint View or Rompo Mansion, but I´ve since read some bad reports on these.
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Assuming the apartment management is reading the meters and collecting the payment: a thousand is a good ball park figure. More if you use the Aircon a lot and remember that the water heater is probably also electric.

Sainter21
03-05-07, 21:09
Cheers mate. Further to my report, I have a few alternatives.
I arrive in Bkk very early, so I was thinking of booking a hotel for that night and spending the day finding a place. But where do I look? Suk 71 has been suggested. Are there signs, can I go to an agent? Are contracts written in English?

Or, I could long-stay in a hotel. Does anyone know of a (half) decent hotel on or around Suk (or near bts/subway) that would charge no more than B13000 a month.

Cheers guys.

Dinghy
03-05-07, 22:47
Raja is about 10k/month

Crawforn
03-06-07, 05:30
Raja is about 10k/monthIs that Rajah Hotel, Rajah Mansion or somewhere else?

Freeman 418
03-06-07, 13:37
This is very good advice.. I stayed with a TGF last year (and before) at river-side, and it was a nice environment, overlooking the river, nearby markets, peaceful etc.
I stayed at Royal River a few times now, which to my eyes was a 4-5* place at a very low price (maybe because it is a bit out of the action).

Yin Yang,

Giotto

Member #2041
03-06-07, 23:26
This is very good advice.. I stayed with a TGF last year (and before) at river-side, and it was a nice environment, overlooking the river, nearby markets, peaceful etc.
I stayed at Royal River a few times now, which to my eyes was a 4-5* place at a very low price (maybe because it is a bit out of the action).

Or better yet, you could book one of the many excellent establishments on Wireless road, such as the Conrad or the Plaza Athenee. The location is known for it's proximity to most major embassies and consulates, and they are pretty much all top tier 5* hotels and do NOT have any reputation as monger hotels - but, low and behold, they are guest friendly, and really only a few blocks away from the action on Sukhumvit Road - should you actually need to partake in the action if things don't go so well with your desired lady.

I'm partial to the Plaza Athenee, as it has a superb pool and it's a good deal for Starwood preferred guest members.

Babyj
03-07-07, 16:04
I will be a first time visitor to Thailand and am looking for a girl friendly establishment in Bangkok. Thanks for any help

Kurtweiler
03-07-07, 16:23
I know that Majestic Grande Hotel (Sukhumvit soi 2) is run by the same company that runs Majestic Suites. Does any one know if Majestic Grande will accept me bringing ''guests'' to my room?

Texas123
03-08-07, 01:21
Last December I stayed at the Dynasty Inn Grande Hotel and did not have to pay "extra" for my girlfriend for the night. I am reading on other sites a 500 baht rate is now added to your bill (just started) - is this crap or should I prepare to stay at the Majestic Grande?

The Majestic Grande Hotel is VERY girl friendly. However, if paying for room via credit card, be aware of the 10% conversion rate they add to the room bill. Also, they charge for Internet access and it is rather expensive (compared to other hotels).

Giotto
03-08-07, 16:11
I will be a first time visitor to Thailand and am looking for a girl friendly establishment in Bangkok. Thanks for any helpBabyj,

look here:

http://www.internationalsexguide.in...splay.php?f=754

Giotto

Delwand
03-12-07, 22:11
For my next trip I thought I would check livingstones out however I also want to stay closer to the Nana area for one of the 2 weeks Im in town. So does anyone know a hotel close to Nana that has internet acces in the room. This is absolutely essential. Have been browsing around the net but the hotels in that area dont seem to mention anything about internet on their websites. Could some wise bkk veteran help me out?

My budget is betwen 1000-3500 baht.

The Traveler
03-13-07, 23:19
For my next trip I thought I would check livingstones out however I also want to stay closer to the Nana area for one of the 2 weeks Im in town. So does anyone know a hotel close to Nana that has internet acces in the room. This is absolutely essential. Have been browsing around the net but the hotels in that area dont seem to mention anything about internet on their websites. Could some wise bkk veteran help me out?

My budget is betwen 1000-3500 baht.
Delwand,

the Grand Business Inn (1500 up) has WiFi in some of the rooms (reception may be bad in others) - search the Bangkok Hotel thread for more info.

The J.W. Marriott provides wired internet access in the rooms and WiFi in the public areas. It may be far above your budget but is as close as you can get to Nana, except for the infamous Nana Hotel itself.

Member #4378
03-13-07, 23:55
for my next trip i thought i would check livingstones out however i also want to stay closer to the nana area for one of the 2 weeks im in town. so does anyone know a hotel close to nana that has internet acces in the room. this is absolutely essential. have been browsing around the net but the hotels in that area dont seem to mention anything about internet on their websites. could some wise bkk veteran help me out?

my budget is betwen 1000-3500 baht.

dynasty inn grande (not dynasty inn) is very nice hotel, very close to nana and with an internet access in the room. the rooms have wired (high speed) internet access. you may need to bring a long cable if you want to move your laptop close to the bed since the rooms are large. there is also wireless access in the lobby. room rate - 2280.

Member #4378
03-13-07, 23:58
Last December I stayed at the Dynasty Inn Grande Hotel and did not have to pay "extra" for my girlfriend for the night. I am reading on other sites a 500 baht rate is now added to your bill (just started) - is this crap or should I prepare to stay at the Majestic Grande?

The Majestic Grande Hotel is VERY girl friendly. However, if paying for room via credit card, be aware of the 10% conversion rate they add to the room bill. Also, they charge for Internet access and it is rather expensive (compared to other hotels).

You need to pay extra 500 bhats if you bring 2 girls. There is no charge for 1 girl to my best knowledge, unless something has changed in the last month.

1Ball
03-14-07, 01:45
Delwand,

the Grand Business Inn (1500 up) has WiFi in some of the rooms (reception may be bad in others) - search the Bangkok Hotel thread for more info.

Delwand, the GBI now has WIRED internet in all the rooms. Fast connection, quick downloads. They have long cables which they will loan you for a 200Bt refundable deposit. Of course, they may run out, meaning to bring your own is a guarantee of immediate connection.

Price starts at 1600 net, NOT inc Bfast. Breakfast on the street beats theirs hands down, for 30Bt.

Bocken
03-14-07, 05:23
I know that Majestic Grande Hotel (Sukhumvit soi 2) is run by the same company that runs Majestic Suites. Does any one know if Majestic Grande will accept me bringing ''guests'' to my room?I'm shamelessly bumping this, since I'm also interested in knowing the answer to this question.

Guest policy at Majestic Grande? Does anyone know? :)

Member #2041
03-14-07, 08:29
I'm shamelessly bumping this, since I'm also interested in knowing the answer to this question.

Guest policy at Majestic Grande? Does anyone know? :)

How 'bout RTFF?

I personally have specifically mentioned their guest policy at least a few times, and I am by no means the only poster who has.

Berty Boy
03-14-07, 13:33
I was in BKK end of Jan/Feb staying at the Swiss Park hotel and for the first part I had the Executive Suite as it was the only room available for period. Nice room but I hate the twin beds setup. I had a single room for the night before I go flew back and I was charged 430bt joiner fee for binging back a girl.

I understand I was charged because itis a single room, but would like to know how these charges work. I had a threesome in the Executive suite with no extra charge but I have booked again and the only rooms available are single.
Would I be charged 2x joiner fee if I bring two girls back? Also I plan to have a visit from a tulip girl during the day, so does the charge apply for ST visits?

Duniawala
03-14-07, 15:33
I was in BKK end of Jan/Feb staying at the Swiss Park hotel and for the first part I had the Executive Suite as it was the only room available for period. Nice room but I hate the twin beds setup. I had a single room for the night before I go flew back and I was charged 430bt joiner fee for binging back a girl.

I understand I was charged because itis a single room, but would like to know how these charges work. I had a threesome in the Executive suite with no extra charge but I have booked again and the only rooms available are single.
Would I be charged 2x joiner fee if I bring two girls back? Also I plan to have a visit from a tulip girl during the day, so does the charge apply for ST visits?
Why not just ask the hotel directly. They will give you straight answers. Then let us know here. Happy hunting. :)

Traveler1234
03-14-07, 15:38
Why not just ask the hotel directly. They will give you straight answers. Then let us know here. Happy hunting. :)

Absolutely right on - more times than not, a simple question will get you a straight answer. Every new hotel I try in LOS, after I hand them my passport and cc, next question is "are you GFE and what are the rules"?

Each and everytime always get a polite and direct response - sometimes even a twinkle and wink ;)

1Ball
03-14-07, 16:56
Berty, it sounds like it might be time to find other accomodations. This place sounds like a dud. I certainly would not return, after that kind of service.

Berty Boy
03-14-07, 19:26
Thanks for the advice guys. Just called the Swiss Park,and the charge only applies to a single room and is per person ST or LT. The problem I find with this and other hotels is you are only guaranteed a double bed in the single room. They do have doubles with double beds and they are indistinguishable from the single. I had the same problem at the majestic Grande.
I have six days in BKK(3 either side of 10 days in Pty). I have a double room for the second leg, but will have to consider a change for the first.

Sainter21
03-16-07, 03:08
Hi guys,

I've been searching for apartments and had little luck thus far. I'm looking for something in the 10000 - 13000 baht range, near the bts or metro, preferably on or near Suk, and preferably a pool. I know I'm asking alot for that price, but I'm not looking for a palace, just a place thats half decent (low cockcroach count) that I can crash at night, and occasionally take some company back.
I've found and tentatively booked Rajah Mansion (not Hotel) and was hoping for some feedback, good or bad, or perhaps a suggestion that fits my criteria.....remebering that I'm not looking for a palace.

Thanks heaps guys.

Giotto
03-16-07, 17:47
Hi guys,

I've been searching for apartments and had little luck thus far. I'm looking for something in the 10000 - 13000 baht range, near the bts or metro, preferably on or near Suk, and preferably a pool. I know I'm asking alot for that price, but I'm not looking for a palace, just a place thats half decent (low cockcroach count) that I can crash at night, and occasionally take some company back.
I've found and tentatively booked Rajah Mansion (not Hotel) and was hoping for some feedback, good or bad, or perhaps a suggestion that fits my criteria.....remebering that I'm not looking for a palace.

Thanks heaps guys.Sainter21,

In my POV no chance to find that for this price (with pool?). If - look in the area Thong Lor / Ekkamai or even Sukhumvit 103 (no Skytrain there, Motorbike THB 40 to the station).

Giotto

Imready777
03-17-07, 05:29
I will be at the Marriott Resort & Spa for a business trip at end of April - seems like it is quite isolated (but beautiful) place.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to have one of the massage places send someone over to this hotel for massage or overnight stay?

I have read the forum and many posters recommend staying away from the hotels own massage service.

If so - which place would you recommend calling?

Duniawala
03-17-07, 15:06
I have read the forum and many posters recommend staying away from the hotels own massage service.

Although I have not heard of any, it may be because they tend to be expensive compared to the ones found in general. But do give them a try. They will be good in massage but the extras may or may not be available. Also, they may send up a girl to your room for massage.

Kojack
03-18-07, 23:35
Anyone have info about Golden Palace Hotel at Sukhumvit soi 1 ?

http://www.goldenpalacehotel.com/accom.htm

Rooms conditions + gf or not.

Thanks.

Retired Army
03-19-07, 07:45
I will be at the Marriott Resort & Spa for a business trip at end of April - seems like it is quite isolated (but beautiful) place.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to have one of the massage places send someone over to this hotel for massage or overnight stay?

If so - which place would you recommend calling?

You are correct, it is beautiful, but away from the action. The Marriott Resort and Spa caters towards families and a "working girl" is going to stand out like a sore thumb. You can call one of the high class out call massage services and probably get someone, but it's going to cost $$$$, especially for overnight.

Do you have the option of changing to the J.W. Marriott on Sukhumvit? I think you will find its location much more to your liking.

John Euro
03-19-07, 13:38
To Imready777

Several girls in Sukhumvit area massage parlors told me that it is becoming very difficult lately to get in to the 5 star hotels to visit guests, (see previous report) Forget extra’s in a 5 star hotel massage rooms or there Spa’s to get extra's. I have been trying many times but the good old time is over, till 4.5 years ago you could get a HJ, BJ or sometimes more in many 5 stars hotels, even Shangri La, Orchid Sheraton etc, at that time there was only a sauna + massage and the massage was for tired " business men ", LOL but since they changed all these places in to a luxury and expensive Spa to make more money, the kind of employees is changed to a higher level.

Beside the high price, the massage is not better than in many legitimate place outside.

I have seen in Windsor Suites Soi 18 a sign in the massage room, saying something like " don’t do any impolite or indecent to the massage lady " you are warned. A friend was asking lately in a 5 star spa for a HJ half way the massage and the Lady told him right away that his massage time was over and he could leave the room with a red face.

If you walk in to the hotel lobby with a good looking Lady on your arm (nice Escort) and take them to the room, I don’t see much problem (I did not have) in the day time but late evening could be, my trick is going first to the restaurant by the stairs to 2e or 3e level and not direct to the elevator.

John

Sainter21
03-20-07, 02:03
OK, further to my post about apartments. What about hotels that offer a monthly discount that wouldn't exceed Baht 15000.

I'm looking for a cheap hotel on Suk or down one of its Soi's that meets the following requirements. I know there are heaps of them, but I need names and locations from people who have stayed there or atleast seen them. Oh, and I'm aware of Suk 11 and The Atlanta.

* A room that is bigger than a cupboard.
* Private bathroom, with occassional hot water.
* A low cockroach count.
* Has a tv that picks up more than 3 perfectly tuned channels that show Thai soaps and gameshows....even though the channels may be blurry.
* Provides towells that you can't see through and are bigger than hand/face cloths.
* Provides soap that is bigger than a box of matches and that don't disintegrate instantly with water or soap that actually creates a lather.
* Air con that is quieter than a freight train and blows cool air.
* Has a window, even though it may look out into an alleyway or airshaft.
* Isn't located above a bar, or requires you to walk through a bar to access the rooms.
* Doesn't have a lobby full of bar girls lurking about.
* Has walls that go all the way to the roof, don't wobble when you close the door, and is soundproof from the room three doors down the hall.
* Oh, obviously girl friendly.

Am I asking too much?

Cheers.

Traveler1234
03-20-07, 02:30
Try Omni service apt, Soi 4. Not sure what they charge long term...might work out. Clean, good security and right in heart of Pink zone.

Member #2041
03-20-07, 03:05
Try Omni service apt, Soi 4. Not sure what they charge long term...might work out. Clean, good security and right in heart of Pink zone.

The Omni apartments is more like 1700 baht per night, and close to 30000 on a monthly rate.

The Traveler
03-20-07, 22:45
Sainter,

Cheap Apartments :

Kameo Court
25 Soi 7, Sukhumvit Road, North-Klongtoey, Wattana District Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel : (66) 0-2252-1644, 0-2252-0313
Fax : (66) 0-2252-0211
Email : sales@kasemkij.co.th
27 qm Studio 13000 baht + electricity (4 baht) + water

Krystal Court
Soi 7, Sukhumvit Road, North-Klongtoey, Wattana District Bangkok 10110, Thailand
Tel : (66) 0-2252-1644, 0-2252-0313
Fax : (66) 0-2252-0211
E-mail : sales@kasemkij.co.th
44qm Studio 19000 baht + electricity (4 baht) + water

Karolyn Court
1041/10 Soi Nai-Lert, Wireless Road, Pathumwan Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel : (66) 0-2255-9262, 0-2251-2698
Fax : (66) 0-2255-9262
E-mail : sales@kasemkij.co.th
57qm Studio 18000 baht + electricity (4 baht) + water

Also take a look at this website
http://www.bangkokapartments.info/

Cheap hotels, maybe you can get a discount for long term stay :

Leela Inn Hotel
74 Sukhumvit Road, Sukhumvit Soi 3 (Nana Nua),

Sawasdee Krungthep Inn
30 Rambuttri Road, Phanakorn
Standard room 450 baht

JS Tower Service Apartment
393/11 Soi Sawaddee 4, Sukhumvit Soi 50-54,
Superior 700 baht

m in Bangkok
888/65 Mahatun Plaza, Ploenchit Road
Apartment for 700 baht

Sawasdee Sukhumvit Inn
123 Sukhumvit 57, Sukhumvit Road,
Standard room for 750 baht

First House Hotel Bangkok
14/20-29 Petchburi 19 Road, Soi Juldis
Standard room 850 baht

Ten Stars Inn
44/1,44/2 Soi Petchburi 17, Petchburi Road,
Standard room 850 baht

Samran Place
302 Petchburi Road, Ratchathewi
Standard room 850 baht

Residence Rajtaevee
588/1 Petchburi Road, Rajtaevee
Standard room 900 baht

Pittsdaulga
03-21-07, 03:23
Traveler,

Do you know if the hotels you listed are GF friendly? In perticular the Leela Inn Hotel?

Thanks in advance!

Pitts

Fast Eddie 48
03-21-07, 22:56
OK, further to my post about apartments. What about hotels that offer a monthly discount that wouldn't exceed Baht 15000.

I'm looking for a cheap hotel on Suk or down one of its Soi's that meets the following requirements. I know there are heaps of them, but I need names and locations from people who have stayed there or atleast seen them. Oh, and I'm aware of Suk 11 and The Atlanta.

* A room that is bigger than a cupboard.
* Private bathroom, with occassional hot water.
* A low cockroach count.
* Has a tv that picks up more than 3 perfectly tuned channels that show Thai soaps and gameshows....even though the channels may be blurry.
* Provides towells that you can't see through and are bigger than hand/face cloths.
* Provides soap that is bigger than a box of matches and that don't disintegrate instantly with water or soap that actually creates a lather.
* Air con that is quieter than a freight train and blows cool air.
* Has a window, even though it may look out into an alleyway or airshaft.
* Isn't located above a bar, or requires you to walk through a bar to access the rooms.
* Doesn't have a lobby full of bar girls lurking about.
* Has walls that go all the way to the roof, don't wobble when you close the door, and is soundproof from the room three doors down the hall.
* Oh, obviously girl friendly.

Am I asking too much?

Cheers.

to sainter 21

AW business inn soi 13 on suk very good locations walking distance to thermae and nana plaza , cost 500 baht a night small room with private bath and a small tv and frig, I stay here a few time until the new AW grand open across the soi cost is higher 1500 bht a night girl friendly not sure about monthly rate .

www.awgroup.com

fast eddie 48

The Traveler
03-21-07, 23:41
Traveler,

Do you know if the hotels you listed are GF friendly? In perticular the Leela Inn Hotel?

Thanks in advance!

Pitts
Pittsdaulga,

nope, I don't, but you can ask them

Telefon: (662)65527906
Fax: (66-2) 655-2798
Web: www.leelainn.com

Anyway, the place has mixed reports , you get what you pay for
http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/leelainn/review.html
http://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Review-g293916-d305717-Reviews-Leela_Inn-Bangkok.html

Run Mann
03-22-07, 00:09
Leela Inn is GF, the name is now Unico Leela Hotel.

Traveler,

Thanks in advance!

Pitts

Sugardaddyfou
03-22-07, 04:32
I will be in Bangkok for business in April and will be staying at the Sofitel in Silom. I have never been to Bangkok before so need help from the regulars here.

I understand the Sofitel is a 5 star but is it GF? Is it near entertainment areas of note? What are these areas? Where would one find highclass escorts (local or foreign flavors) in bangkok? any magazines that advertize such services?

Would be grateful for any help

Tors Ham
03-22-07, 11:29
I will be in Bangkok for business in April and will be staying at the Sofitel in Silom. I have never been to Bangkok before so need help from the regulars here.

I understand the Sofitel is a 5 star but is it GF? Is it near entertainment areas of note? What are these areas? Where would one find highclass escorts (local or foreign flavors) in bangkok? any magazines that advertize such services?

Would be grateful for any helpHi,

I did stay there one night but it was many years ago and I think the rooms are (was) great.

Yes there were girl friendly at that point (they didn’t refuse), but they did charge me a joiner fee, can’t remember how much.

I got the bad eye from the service staff and guards, not a pleasant stay I would say.
Wouldn’t stay there again, but things can have changed for the better.

I would put my bath in http://www.centrepoint.com/Locations/ApartmentRates.aspx#0003

If you want to stay at the Silom area, this one supposes to be OK, but that’s 2 hands info I got.

TH

Digits
03-23-07, 17:55
I had stayed at the MS twice on previous trips and do not have anything bad to say about the place; very reasonable rates, clean rooms, great service and staff, and very good location.

On a recent trip, I did not have enough of an advance notice to book MS or many other hotels on my list for that matter as they were all sold out. So I ended up booking a room at the DI. Based on he comments on this forum, I considered it a safe bet; and frankly at the end of the day, it wasn’t bad. A couple of notes about DI in comparison with MS though:

- It was suggested here that I should ask for a room in the new section, which I did when I booked, and received a confirmation. Upon check-in, they told me that would cost more (200B I think). I opted for it, but I didn’t like the bait and switch tactic.

- At DI breakfast is not included in the rate, at MS it is.

- On one of the days there I asked for a couple of extra towels which they promptly delivered. Upon check-out they charged me an extra 150B for that!! MS never did that.

- I would rate staff friendliness and professionalism as good there while I would rate MS’s as very good if not excellent.

- Cleanliness was similar, although MS edges ahead of DI in this area as well.

Would I stay there again? Under similar circumstances, probably yes.

Rawraw
04-01-07, 11:58
I will be a first time visitor to Bangkok in early May.

Could anyone recommend a 4-5 star hotel with broadband, which is close to the hot spots?

Thanks in advance.

Inch15
04-01-07, 14:56
Hello everyone,

I would appreciate e very much if anyone could help me to make a booking at Grace hotel, Bangkok or provide me a contact to the hotel.

Thnx

The Traveler
04-01-07, 22:20
Hello everyone,

I would appreciate e very much if anyone could help me to make a booking at Grace hotel, Bangkok or provide me a contact to the hotel.

Thnx
Inch,

did you ever hear of Google ?

Grace Hotel
12 Soi Nana Nua, Sukhumwit 3 Rd., Bangkok 10110, Thailand.
Tel. +66 (0) 2253 0651-70
Fax. +66 (0) 2253 0680
e-mail : gracethailand@hotmail.com

Iasiai
04-03-07, 23:13
I just wanted to make sure.

But is the Majestic Grande Hotel on Soi 2

Girl Friendly. I can't image why not, since they own the Majestic Suites. Felt I needed an upgrade this time, so decided to try something new.

Any comments on the Majestic Grande Hotel?

Dreams
04-04-07, 15:44
I just wanted to make sure.

But is the Majestic Grande Hotel on Soi 2

Girl Friendly. I can't image why not, since they own the Majestic Suites. Felt I needed an upgrade this time, so decided to try something new.

Any comments on the Majestic Grande Hotel?
Did exactly like you plan to do, i.e when to Majestic Suites first time in 2005, then decided to upgrade in 2007 to Majestic Grande.
Majestic suites was fine for the price, but majestic suites is 10 times better in terms of rrom equipment, sercies etc.. Willl definitively go back to majestic grande..

FoxySimone
04-05-07, 07:27
Hi,

Does anyone know if ROYAL PRESIDENT on 43 Sukhumvit Soi 15 is girl friendly?

Sporadic
04-05-07, 12:11
Hi,

Does anyone know if ROYAL PRESIDENT on 43 Sukhumvit Soi 15 is girl friendly?
It most certainly IS GF.

Super Gato
04-06-07, 03:10
Did exactly like you plan to do, i.e when to Majestic Suites first time in 2005, then decided to upgrade in 2007 to Majestic Grande.
Majestic suites was fine for the price, but majestic suites is 10 times better in terms of rrom equipment, sercies etc.. Willl definitively go back to majestic grande..

To answer your original question. Majestic Grande is GF. My first night there I just walked up with a girl. The second time, the doorman did take her ID.

I loved that hotel. Great location. And with 114f heat index arctic cold aircon. For my second stay there, they remembered me and there was a little cake in my room with the fruit basket which was a nice touch.

The rate I had included breakfast on the 7th floor and was quite good.

The only downside was the wireless broadband was sort of pricey and flaky. The wired connection always worked and used the same login credentials.

Imready777
04-06-07, 14:59
Grand President

Booked the exec studio directly with hotel for 2399B which included free internet and breakfast. And that is a big feature of this hotel- the breakfast buffet really is excellent! Also the dining room it is served in (or outside on patio if you don’t mind heat) is modern and clean. Room itself definitely shows signs of age but clean. One thing to watch out for – some damn "birds" at the nearby Ambassador hotel – they wake you at dawn with endless hours of shrieking – and believe me it is LOUD and you have not heard anything like it. No idea what bird it is. Sounded like wild cats. Anyway I asked front desk if I could move and they instantly agreed, good service. That’s when they told me they know all about the bird so understand why I want to move. So avoid the rooms on side of Ambassador hotel when you check in! The hotel is GF (they take id) and no join fee.

Sofitel Grand Sukhumvit

Booked a studio for 2800B by directly emailing hotel reservations manager. Upon check in was upgraded to platinum suite including free drinks voucher for the bar – very impressive. All mod cons, everything is digitally controlled, modern furniture, very clean and excellent service! As someone else said, not luxury hotel but very close to it for the value. The hotel amenities (restaurant/bar etc) not too inspiring but I doubt anyone ever stays in given the amount of ‘entertainment’ surrounding the hotel. It is 2 min walk down soi6 to Nana skytrain and 3or4min down soi4 to Nana plaza. Not sure if it was GF but lots of staff, doormen etc always around in lobby area to pass by.

Chirs N
04-07-07, 16:33
Gentlemen,

First off, thanks for the great information.

Would anyone happen to know if the Sheraton or the Westin are GF?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alifco
04-08-07, 00:09
Advise hotel in BKK, Sukhumvit, 1000-1500B, with internet acsess in the room, GF. Usually stayed in Bangkok Sahara Hotel - everithing was fine but no internet.
Also lookin for the same hotel in Pattaya, not far from WS.

Member #3414
04-08-07, 08:52
Gentlemen,

First off, thanks for the great information.

Would anyone happen to know if the Sheraton or the Westin are GF?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've taken girls back to both, so I'd say yes. The Sheraton is the nicer hotel, albeit a little pricier.

Depending on how confident you're feeling, you might also want to consider that access to the elevators is more discreet at the Sheraton. At the Westin, you have to walk across a wide lobby area past the concierge to get to the elevator, then another one on the main reception floor to get round to the elevators that take you to the bedrooms.

Gangles
04-08-07, 13:56
Thanks for the advice about hotels in Bamgkok, everything went great.

For my next stint, next month, I would like to try a serviced apartment near or on Sukhumvit. I am looking for about 3 star standard, girl friendly.

Does anyone have advice on what is available?

Boy Toy
04-09-07, 05:14
Thanks for the advice about hotels in Bamgkok, everything went great.

For my next stint, next month, I would like to try a serviced apartment near or on Sukhumvit. I am looking for about 3 star standard, girl friendly.

Does anyone have advice on what is available?Try the Grand President or President Park. They are in Sukhumvit and are GF. Ttry asiatravel.com for good deals with these hotels.

Chirs N
04-10-07, 19:30
I've taken girls back to both, so I'd say yes. The Sheraton is the nicer hotel, albeit a little pricier.

Depending on how confident you're feeling, you might also want to consider that access to the elevators is more discreet at the Sheraton. At the Westin, you have to walk across a wide lobby area past the concierge to get to the elevator, then another one on the main reception floor to get round to the elevators that take you to the bedrooms.Thanks for that Punt12. I believe there are 2 Sheratons in BKK. Which one are you referring to?

Appreciate the help.

Gangles
04-12-07, 02:24
Hello Boy Toy,

Thanks for the information.

Are they hotels, or do they have serviced apartments?

My real interest is serviced apartments, mainly because I do not like living in hotels, I have stayed in too many during my life. And I have better control in an apartment.

Best wishes,

Gangles

Boy Toy
04-12-07, 12:46
They really are service apartments, check out thier website-

www.presidentpark.com

Hello Boy Toy,

Thanks for the information.

Are they hotels, or do they have serviced apartments?

My real interest is serviced apartments, mainly because I do not like living in hotels, I have stayed in too many during my life. And I have better control in an apartment.

Best wishes,

Gangles

Kittycat
04-14-07, 06:03
Hi Bro,

I planning to visit Bangkok on June, possible to advice on the accomodation issue in Khaosan Area?

I'm a bit confuse since too many guesthouses and hotels in Khaosan Area. Which one the best, according to you bros' experiences. In term of cost, girlfriendly, cleanliness and facilities.

Thanks and Regards

Kitty

Member #3200
04-14-07, 13:32
I hope 2 be leaving 4 Thailand may 17th for 10 days and I can't find any hotels/motels for less than 1200bhat. The nosedive of the US$ or the strength of the bhat is making hotel prices more expensive each & everyday for this Canadian & mid-late May is low season.

Anyone know of a place in BKK around the suk area which has A/see, no roaches 4 less than a 1000

Thank you for helping.

MasterBlaster
04-17-07, 11:54
Is Swissotel Le Concorde in Racha Rd GF?

Horntoad
04-17-07, 16:21
Is Swissotel Le Concorde in Racha Rd GF?

It is a very nice hotel but definitely not GF. My friend had a non working girl that went to visit him and still had problems even though she was dressed very nice.

MasterBlaster
04-17-07, 16:39
It is a very nice hotel but definitely not GF. My friend had a non working girl that went to visit him and still had problems even though she was dressed very nice.

Thanks. Anything close by that is GF? I am a newbie and I don't even have a reference as to how distant each block is from another (how many minutes of walk). I picked Swissotel because it is in front of the Ratcha MPs. Can I get to the Ratcha MPs quite fast from other blocks? I am pretty clueless as to how to get around the Bangkok entertainment district.

Horntoad
04-17-07, 17:11
Thanks. Anything close by that is GF? I am a newbie and I don't even have a reference as to how distant each block is from another (how many minutes of walk). I picked Swissotel because it is in front of the Ratcha MPs. Can I get to the Ratcha MPs quite fast from other blocks? I am pretty clueless as to how to get around the Bangkok entertainment district.

MasterBlaster,

Try the Palazzo Hotel. http://www.palazzobangkok.com/index.php#
It is definitely GF but not as nice as the Swissotel. There is also a new wing there which is very nice with flat screen tv and inroom safe. The old tower doesn't have an inroom safe which made me very apprehensive but I have stayed there numerous times and the staff is very honest. Just need to be careful with the girls.

It is actually a much better location than the Swissotel because it is across the street where all the MP's are. You have four soapies within a block from you (Mirage, Nataree, HI Class, Emmanuelle).

Bogman
04-17-07, 17:41
I'm visiting Bangkok for the first time later this year staying at Majestic Grande Hotel Sukhumvit.

With lot's of massage parlors around I was wondering if you are staying in a 3/4**** hotel & have a massage, is it possible you will be offered extra's or must you ask are extra's available.

Thanks

MasterBlaster
04-17-07, 17:50
MasterBlaster,

Try the Palazzo Hotel. http://www.palazzobangkok.com/index.php#
It is definitely GF but not as nice as the Swissotel. There is also a new wing there which is very nice with flat screen tv and inroom safe. The old tower doesn't have an inroom safe which made me very apprehensive but I have stayed there numerous times and the staff is very honest. Just need to be careful with the girls.

It is actually a much better location than the Swissotel because it is across the street where all the MP's are. You have four soapies within a block from you (Mirage, Nataree, HI Class, Emmanuelle).

Looks like a excellent choice. I think I'll switch and insist on an inroom safe. Thanks once again. I owe you a round of beer if ever your are around the area next week.

Horntoad
04-17-07, 21:45
I'm visiting Bangkok for the first time later this year staying at Majestic Grande Hotel Sukhumvit.

With lot's of massage parlors around I was wondering if you are staying in a 3/4**** hotel & have a massage, is it possible you will be offered extra's or must you ask are extra's available.

Thanks

It's always possible for extras but don't expect the same level of service as you would in an oil massage place. There are so many around, why bother with the hotel massages? They are going to be much more expensive also. There are so many choices around such as Tulips, Oranges, Angels, Eden(if you want a threesome), etc which will give you more value.

Finrod
04-18-07, 06:41
I hope 2 be leaving 4 Thailand may 17th for 10 days and I can't find any hotels/motels for less than 1200bhat. The nosedive of the US$ or the strength of the bhat is making hotel prices more expensive each & everyday for this Canadian & mid-late May is low season.

Anyone know of a place in BKK around the suk area which has A/see, no roaches 4 less than a 1000

Thank you for helping.
Highly doubt you'll find anything on Sukhomvit with a/c and without roaches for less than 1000b. But if you're willing to stay in another part of town, there is this one: http://www.bangkoksuite.com/. You could have found it had you taken the time to search this thread. Why don't you go there and verify Eddie's report for us. The cheap charlies here will thank you. Well maybe not.

Evil Penivel
04-18-07, 11:04

Thank you for helping.

I'm a high-roller myself, but it's part of my job to know about thrifty Charlie digs in BKK. Some of the hotels below I've stayed one night to test them, but I've seen the rooms in all of them.

Here's a very basic, but clean, no-roach hotel with A/C at 700B/night, on Soi 7 close to Nana: Thai House Inn (http://thai-house-inn.port5.com/#rooms)

An even cheaper place is NumberOne Guest House (http://www.numberonebangkok.com/index_en.htm) Trivia Question: Why does this place occupy a special place in the history of Bangkok P4P? It will be fun to see if any "veterans" get the answer right.

Another lower Suk hotel, but at 1,400B/night: EverRich Inn (http://www.everrichinn.com/)

Not the best location, but very low price: Honey Hotel (http://www.bangkokhotels.info/honey.htm)

Way outside the Suk area, but great value for money at 650B/night. Taxi/moto will get you to the lower Suk. The colorfully named NasaVegasHotel (http://www.nasavegashotel.com/)

A good one on the lower Suk if you can afford 1,300B/night:
Stable Lodge (http://www.stablelodge.com/)

Another great choice, probably best value for money of all at 1,400B/night, but on Soi 18: Town Lodge (http://**************.com/hotels/town_lodge.shtml)

Keep in mind that many Bangkok pubs have rooms they rent out. Most are under 1,200B/night, quite a few under 1,000B/night. Just ask at any pub. Also, you can do the "average method" of hotel accommodation. Say you are staying in BKK seven or 14 days and your budget is 1,000B/night. If you take half the nights at 700B/night, you can afford to switch to a 1,300B/night hotel for the remainder.

Evil

Mc Kuang
04-18-07, 12:24
Hi all,

The master out there.

Anyone stay or try Bedrooms hotel at soi77?

Is it girl friendly?

Black Magic
04-18-07, 12:30
Hi Guys,

Have done a fair bit of reading through the thread, and lots of good information to be had. However not alot of information on places offering 2 bedroom accomodation.

I will be travelling to Bangkok in a month or so with a friend of mine for an entertaining trip, since we are both relatively new to the game we thought it would be easier to stay in a place together but still have the privacy for female company and thus were looking at options for 2 Bedroom places to stay. Can anyone suggest some places close or reasonably close to the action ie Nana / Soi if its a few stops away by train or cab thats not a big drama. Cant seem to find a lot of GF hotels that offer 2 BR so perhaps Serviced apartments are a better option. At the moment Omni apartments is an option I know Grand President also offers 2 BR but not sure on rates and/or if they allow bookings for only 3-4 days. Price range is somwhere between 3000-6000bht a night. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Black Magic
04-18-07, 13:06
Hi Guys,

Have been going through the thread and lots of good info to be found, however didnt find much info on 2 Bedroom Accomodation.

Traveling to Bangkok with a friend of mine, we are both relatively new to the scene and thought it would be easier to stay in a 2BR place so we could have our own privacy with any female company.

Looking for a place closeish to the action of NEP/Cowboy cab or few train stops not to much drama. Cant seem to find to many hotels with 2 BR accom that are GF so also looking at serviced apartments so far OMNI is an option but ideally something a little nicer, Grand President looks like they offer them but not sure on rates and availability for short stay as well. Anyone suggestions on this would be great something from between 3000-6000bht per night is the range we are looking at.

Gangles
04-18-07, 14:15
Try the Business Inn, on Suk Soi 11/1. It costs TBH 800 per night, rooms are clean, but small, I think Aircon, worth a look.

Gangles

Member #3200
04-18-07, 16:05
Thank you very much 4 all the info Evil

The Honey Hotel didn't show prices on their site-do you know what their nightly room cost is a small pool 4 less than a 1000-works 4 me

I'm trying 2 get there next month-less prep time than my last time in December, this trip is 4 only 10 days so I'm trying 2 keep my per day expenses lower as I'm travelling from canada so flight is expensive

This is a fast paced trip so less I spend on rooms which I won't be in much except 4 sex more I will have 4 sex

Pattaya is where I'll spend most of my trip 6 nights anyways.

MasterBlaster
04-18-07, 17:25
I want to spend about a day in a hotel where I can find Russians with no fuzz. I was thinking of Novotel on Siam Square but I am also hearing conflicting reports on it. What are my choices?

German Shuaige
04-20-07, 09:48
Stayed there recently on biztrip. Although located on ground zero of soapy massage parlors a clear no stay for mongering brothers.

They check hotel lobby from every late afternoon onwards and if you want to bring your friend back they charge you a 1000 Bath on the spot. Whole thing seems like an inquisition procedure which makes u and the girl definetley feel uncomfortable.

Reception is lousy and slow, beds are terrible - forget about this place. You are far better out in any other hotel in Sukhumvit area.

Daddy07
04-20-07, 19:58
I want to spend about a day in a hotel where I can find Russians with no fuzz.

Before you spend the day with her, just ask the Russian girl if she has shaved recently. :)

Daddy

Member #4378
04-20-07, 20:36
I want to spend about a day in a hotel where I can find Russians with no fuzz. I was thinking of Novotel on Siam Square but I am also hearing conflicting reports on it. What are my choices?

Another option is Grace Hotel (by Nana Plaza). Mostly, you can find russian girls from Uzbekistan (even some siberians).

Fun And Sun
04-21-07, 16:35
Stayed at the Dynasty Inn during a few days in Bangkok in April 2007.

Firstly, can definitely confirm that it is very girl friendly. No problem whatsoever, and the staff don't even raise an eye brow when you come home with different girls at different times in the evening. (Had a lot of energy during my first few days of the trip.)

Room cost: 1,200 baht for a basic room that was pretty clean, but spotted a cockroach trap in a corner which was a bit of a put of.

Location: Right next to Na Na plaza, and can walk to Soi Cowboy although it is a bit of a treck.

Other guests: Seemed to be mainly mongerers.

Summary: not that nice, fairly clean, very girl friendly. It has all the basics, but that's it. Bed not that large, chairs not that comfortable (but then, I wasn't in Bangkok to sit in my hotel room). Would recommend it for the convenient location, but it's not all that nice of a hotel.

Undisputed
04-22-07, 18:21
Thanks for the great info. I was considering Majestic Grande, Dynasty Grande, or President Grand for saty in early May. The Everrich hotel peaked my interest for the better rate and good location. I assume by putting it here it is girl friendly? I would appreciate any advice on that as well as thoughts vs the other hotels listed above. The forum did not appear to have much info on this hotel.

Thanks

I'm a high-roller myself, but it's part of my job to know about thrifty Charlie digs in BKK. Some of the hotels below I've stayed one night to test them, but I've seen the rooms in all of them.

Here's a very basic, but clean, no-roach hotel with A/C at 700B/night, on Soi 7 close to Nana: Thai House Inn (http://thai-house-inn.port5.com/#rooms)

An even cheaper place is NumberOne Guest House (http://www.numberonebangkok.com/index_en.htm) Trivia Question: Why does this place occupy a special place in the history of Bangkok P4P? It will be fun to see if any "veterans" get the answer right.

Another lower Suk hotel, but at 1,400B/night: EverRich Inn (http://www.everrichinn.com/)

Not the best location, but very low price: Honey Hotel (http://www.bangkokhotels.info/honey.htm)

Way outside the Suk area, but great value for money at 650B/night. Taxi/moto will get you to the lower Suk. The colorfully named NasaVegasHotel (http://www.nasavegashotel.com/)

Another great choice, probably best value for money of all at 1,400B/night, but on Soi 18: Town Lodge (http://**************.com/hotels/town_lodge.shtml)

Keep in mind that many Bangkok pubs have rooms they rent out. Most are under 1,200B/night, quite a few under 1,000B/night. Just ask at any pub. Also, you can do the "average method" of hotel accommodation. Say you are staying in BKK seven or 14 days and your budget is 1,000B/night. If you take half the nights at 700B/night, you can afford to switch to a 1,300B/night hotel for the remainder.

Evil

Tiger 888
04-23-07, 04:03
Another great choice, probably best value for money of all at 1,400B/night, but on Soi 18: Town Lodge (http://**************.com/hotels/town_lodge.shtml)...

Evil
Unluckily they host their site on one of the Bangkok Forums so that Jackson censors the url. I attach a namecard here.

For the time being (Condo construction next door) they give a 200 Baht discount if you fill the "noise complaint" form, even though the noise is almost non disturbing at the moment, which wasn't the case all the time.

But be aware, If you don't ask for it they will not tell you. Since Rudy is no longer physically involved there, they lack a bit of attitude.

Rudy now runs a boutique Hotel in Phuket which is best value for money. Only 10 rooms and mostly full. www.baipho.com

Another hotel that used to be great value for money is the Malaysia Hotel (But I haven't stayed there for 10 years, so it should be checked out again). The funny thing there was that they would not charge a joiner fee if you book a single room no matter how long or often she would stay, but they would charge a double if you checked in together. It's near Lubphini Park, a bit off Sukhumvit.

ArchieLeach
04-23-07, 07:18
Tiger,

Please tell us more about Baipho in Phuket (you can do so in the Phuket Forum if you prefer to do it there).

I am going in Oct and it looks good to me. Is it GF? :)

Tiger 888
04-24-07, 04:05
Tiger,

Please tell us more about Baipho in Phuket (you can do so in the Phuket Forum if you prefer to do it there).

I am going in Oct and it looks good to me. Is it GF? :)I haven't stayed there yet, just know the owner who has a small share in Town Lodge too. He is a good Swiss photorapher and a genious when it comes to design and quality of service. Definitely a girl friendly place (I asked him). He opened late last year and is fully booked most of the time since. So book early.

M P Lurker
04-24-07, 12:03

Evil
Evil,

This is great information, but I would like to know which have free Internet in room or wireless (or a reasonable low charge)? Sometimes the web sites are a bit vague on this issue.

Big Yuley
04-25-07, 00:24
Ok, I have booked my flights to Bangkok.

First time traveller for the purpose of sex so I need everyones help.

I

Big Yuley
04-25-07, 00:29
Ok,

I have booked my flights to Bangkok and need everyones help.

First time vistor to Bangkok for the purpose of sex.

Ok, can people please recommend a good hotel (3 or 4 stars (maybe 5 if not over the top price wise) that is GF.

And when I book the hotel do I booke for 2 people or 1?

I am planning on bringing back a lady most nights so I am wondering what I need to do.

And I read on many posts about the front desk take ID from the ladies.

So when I come back to the hotel with a girl at night, do I have to report them in at reception? Or can I just walk in with the lady and go up to my room with her?

I know many of you are probably thinking does this guy know what he is doing?

The answer is not really. Its new to me, so I don't want to get there, come back with a girl on most nights and get into trouble in anyway.

Please Please help.

I'm travelling in August and can't wait.

Hope to have plenty of pics and reports for you guys.

M P Lurker
04-25-07, 10:59
Ok,

I have booked my flights to Bangkok and need everyones help.

First time vistor to Bangkok for the purpose of sex.

Ok, can people please recommend a good hotel (3 or 4 stars (maybe 5 if not over the top price wise) that is GF.

And when I book the hotel do I booke for 2 people or 1?

I am planning on bringing back a lady most nights so I am wondering what I need to do.

And I read on many posts about the front desk take ID from the ladies.

So when I come back to the hotel with a girl at night, do I have to report them in at reception? Or can I just walk in with the lady and go up to my room with her?

I know many of you are probably thinking does this guy know what he is doing?

The answer is not really. Its new to me, so I don't want to get there, come back with a girl on most nights and get into trouble in anyway.

Please Please help.

I'm travelling in August and can't wait.

Hope to have plenty of pics and reports for you guys.
You can look through this thread to find many hotels recommended.
Also consider Livingstones Lodge also known as Giotto's Lodge which has its own thread.
It was good for me recently as not too pricey , has free wireless internet and a pool which is important in the hot weather. Defintely girl friendly and the Sports Bar even has girls for a "dine in-house".
Most Hotels around Sukhumwit Road are girl friendly but many will want to see the girls I.D. or more likely keep it till she leaves. This is no big deal. Some places are lax about checking the girls. Some Hotels want to charge extra for the girl. I would avoid these Hotels. You can check in for just one but ask for a double bed room and be prepared to pay the 2 person price which is often the same as the one person price.

Avoid super sofisticated Hotels and family style Hotels.

Aslan
04-26-07, 05:06
I'm looking for a girl-friendly room near Nana and would really like a cd player in the room to set the mood because I am a romantic. If the room is multiple girl-friendly for those times when I'm not feeling so romantic even better.

When I meet my tee rak I will need a room close to Nonsi station. She works very close to there and will stay with me a few days before we go off to the islands. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

M P Lurker
04-26-07, 14:09
I'm looking for a girl-friendly room near Nana and would really like a cd player in the room to set the mood because I am a romantic. If the room is multiple girl-friendly for those times when I'm not feeling so romantic even better.

When I meet my tee rak I will need a room close to Nonsi station. She works very close to there and will stay with me a few days before we go off to the islands. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
There are plenty of hotels near Nana already covered by other posts in this thread and you weren't very specific abaout what you wanted.
BTS Station Chong Nonsi is very close to several Hotels in Silom Road e.g. Narai Hotel, and Tower Inn which I stayed at.
See attached map for some nearby hotels and then search the web to get the details.

ArchieLeach
04-27-07, 17:28
I'm going in October and have decided to stay at Livingstone's Lodge (Giotto's thread) based on recommendations, reports of ISG members, and how helpful he has been in my planning.

It sounds like the type of place you're looking for too. If you go, be sure to tell us all about it. You'd beat me there, I'm going in Oct.

Tingtongmakmak
04-29-07, 17:01
Grand Mercure Park Avenue

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/jade/pictures.html

Does anyone had experience and comment regarding this hotel? Is it girl friendly and are the Superior Rooms clean and comfortable to stay?

Many thanks!

Big Yuley
04-30-07, 08:40
I'm going in October and have decided to stay at Livingstone's Lodge (Giotto's thread) based on recommendations, reports of ISG members, and how helpful he has been in my planning.

It sounds like the type of place you're looking for too. If you go, be sure to tell us all about it. You'd beat me there, I'm going in Oct. As a newbie to all of this I am leaning that way also.

At least I know if I come back that night with a "play thing for the night" from one of the bars, I will not be confronted with security and reception at hotel with the 20 questions.

Question 1. Why is she her?

Answer 1. I am taking her to my room to fuck ever hole she has all night and take pics to post on website!

Yeah go for it.

Livingstones might be the one, as you also have a selection of women from the hotel as well if I am reading correctly.

Sanuk Finder
04-30-07, 19:54
I stayed there in February 2007.

Its the renovated Jade Pavillon, now managed by Accour.

Nice rooms, stylish, wooden floor, great fitnessarea with new equipment. But a little bit on the pricy side. And I am pretty sure that guests are not very welcome.

Mongers are not their target group. I was there with my wife. Too bad so I couldn't check their guest policy.

Overall recommended.

ArchieLeach
04-30-07, 23:05
It sounds like you're relatively new to BKK and definitely new to BKK P4P. That's one reason the place might be good for you. I've been to BKK and know it pretty well and usually stay at pretty good places, but the place just looks good and friendly for me. It looks like exactly what we're looking for. The 4 and 5 star places lack character and charm, and there's no one there that's looking for what we're looking for, at least not that they're willing to admit. So there's no one to talk to about similar interests.

At Livingstone's, the other customers that I've talked to in PM etc, and the owner Giotto, have all been very helpful so far. Again I'm still months away, yet everyone's been helpful. It makes me want to stay there. I like the idea that there are girls there, but they aren't pushy. It's a hotel, not a brothel, but it also fills all your needs if you want. That's an appropriate combination.

I probably sound like a commercial. I'm not. I have no affiliation with the place. Heck, I haven't even stayed there so take everything I say with that in mind. But I do say that their helpfulness and the recommendations I have received do make it seem like the perfect place for me.

I will be reviewing it after I stay (and I won't hesitate to give criticism where it's due). But I'm fair. And I also think that people who have received a good service should also be willing to support it and I have appreciated their help so far. I think that a business should be as actively supported and rewarded for their good service as they are criticized for their bad service. Few people take as much care in pointing out the positives. As a business owner myself, I actively promote businesses that give me good service.

If you stay there, please tell everyone what you think. I will be reading with anticipation.

Tingtongmakmak
05-01-07, 15:40
I stayed there in February 2007.

Its the renovated Jade Pavillon, now managed by Accour.

Nice rooms, stylish, wooden floor, great fitnessarea with new equipment. But a little bit on the pricy side. And I am pretty sure that guests are not very welcome.

Mongers are not their target group. I was there with my wife. Too bad so I couldn't check their guest policy.

Overall recommended.Thanks for the reply. Too bad it's not guest friendly.

What about the Royal Park View Hotel http://www.bangkok.com/royal-park-view-hotel/ ? Anyone know if it's guest friendly? How are the rooms?

Thanks again!

Saucy Tim
05-03-07, 02:06
Grand Mercure Park Avenue

http://www.sawadee.com/hotel/bangkok/jade/pictures.html

Does anyone had experience and comment regarding this hotel? Is it girl friendly and are the Superior Rooms clean and comfortable to stay?

Many thanks!In line with Accors Asian group policy. All hotels are not guest friendly. They do require you keep the same guest throughout your entire stay, and some even request the name at the time of the reservation. Hotel is ok, but heard that the rooms and bathrooms are small. Better to stay at another guest friendly place.

Fremont Dc
05-07-07, 23:46
Does anyone know how girl friendly the Intercontinental is?

Thanks in advance

GourmetBob1
05-10-07, 23:41
I have been coming to BKK since 98. Always on a tight budget. Here are my experiences.

Bourbon Street: Washington Square soi 22: Excellent farang friendly staff, with a superior and well known restaurant. The rooms are sparce, but very acceptable. They added full hot water a couple of years ago to replace electric units. Major step forward. Hard beds. Excellent first stop if on a budget and don't know BKK. The saff are very friendly.

Regency Park-Soi 22. Very nice rooms for the money, but I would recommend Manhattan (see below)

Dynasty- Soi Nana. Right in the action. Large rooms. Not much in the way of a restaurant. But O'Briens is an easy walk (Sukumvit and Soi 5) which is the best burger/breakfast place I have found. And 24hours.

Manhattan-Soi 15. A real find. Like Regency Park, but more convenient with an excellent 24 hour restaurant. Very convenient because taxis can go left or right on Sukumvit (from the odd numbered soi's before Asoke). Something they cannot do after Soi Asoke. Very easy trip to airport as Soi Asoke is so close. Girl friendly, but they leave id at the desk. Don't be fooled by the pool in the website. Not easy to get to and not all that attractive.

Livingstone's: Easily the best bet. Easily. I kick myself for not going there before (didn't know of this site). I have now stayed there the last 3 times and will continue. Have stayed with the girls from their bar (their description of the girls is accurate), brought girls. And had girls meet me there. Very very friendly place. Both Giotto and Guido are on premise much of the time and are very approachable. Met interesting farangs, many of whom live in BKK and like the bar and "escape" nature. The rooms are absolutely first rate, with separate bath and shower (superior rooms), great TV, flawless wireless. They have a fine restaurant, which serves beside the excellent pool. I go there and literally do not leave the property for the first 24 hours. It is like being in Pattaya or Phuket. Without leaving BKK. It is not the cheapest place listed here, but by far the best value for the additional few hundred baht per night.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Giotto
05-12-07, 20:54
Yikes, GHOSTS!!!

Though we think the occupancy rate in Livingstone's Lodge will drop to zero soon - here an extraordinary review of the Lodge.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=596760

The Management
Livingstone's Lodge Co., Ltd.

http://www.livingstones.co.th

Sukhumvit Sam
05-13-07, 09:33
yikes, ghosts!!!

though we think the occupancy rate in livingstone's lodge will drop to zero soon - here an extraordinary review of the lodge.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=596760

the management
livingstone's lodge co., ltd.

giotto,

do you worry about what kind of occupancy rate you may have when bangkok is under a meter of water?

it seems that the entire city is sinking. fast.

bangkok gets that sinking feeling - bangkok post, 03 may 2007

bangkokpost.com from reuters reports

thailand's best known disaster prognosticator said on wednesday global warming will put bangkok a metre under water in less than 20 years, adding: "you will need a motorboat instead of a car." smith dharmasaroja, head of thailand's national disaster warning centre, told the reuters news agency that rising seas and natural sinking will put bangkok under water by 2025 - unless work starts now on a huge dyke to protect the capital. "if nothing is done, bangkok will be at least 50 centimetres to one metre under water," reuters quoted mr smith as saying during an interview in bangkok.

mr smith gained notoriety 12 years ago when he predicted thailand was in danger of being hit by a tsunami. largely dismissed as a crackpot and retired from government service with the meteorological department, he was brought back as a disaster expert after the 2004 tsunami, which killed more than 5,000 people in thailand alone. the problem, he says, is two-fold. the city is subsiding at a rate of 10cm per year, partly due to excessive pumping of underground water. global warming is causing seas to rise and there is evidence of severe coastal erosion just downstream from bangkok.

to avert disaster, smith said, the city needed to construct a massive dyke to protect it from rising seas and increasingly violent storms. "the system has to be started right now. otherwise it will be too late to protect our capital city," he said. mr smith, as usual, was rep001hing when asked about how authorities are facing the threat. "the government does not pay any attention at all."

http://www.angkor.com/2bangkok/2bangkok/forum/showthread.php?p=14476#post14476

Giotto
05-13-07, 09:42
Giotto,

Do you worry about what kind of occupancy rate you may have when Bangkok is under a meter of water?

It seems that the entire city is sinking. Fast.
Sukhumvit Sam,

LOL ... don't worry, we will change into a diving school then :) .

Giotto

JohnThomas0519
05-13-07, 22:18
Definitely a 5 star hotel and girl friendly. Stayed there last year. Picked up a working girl in the bar. The bar manager actually facilitated the meeting. Did not even remember bringing her to room. Service was more pricey than normal. Hate to admit of being careless and a little drunk. But she did not help herself to any valuables.

Giotto
05-14-07, 11:29
Modifications on our website: We show the room rates now.

The booking page offers to select smoking/non-smoking rooms. And some more modifications...

BTW: The Promotion for ISG members was prolonged until 31.10.2007 .

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=594980

Giotto

1Ball
05-15-07, 03:42
I was in town for 2 days last week, on my way to Bali, and decided to try something new. Reflections Bangkok is a nice hotel, near Victory monument. (Skytrain is ARI). It is a theme hotel, with all rooms done in a different style. 30 rooms, and you get to pick the style you room you want, by clicking on the door of the room that interests you. (on the website). It boasts a very nice pool, with funky outdoor furniture. The restaurant is very good, and the beds very comfortable. There is no joiner fee, unless you decide to be greedy, and bring back 2 girls, in which case, they want 500 Bt, however they seem very relaxed about the whole thing, and I am sure you could walk up with a gaggle of girls, with no problem.
The studio is 2850 Bt, and the superior is 3,600 Bt, both inclusive of taxes, and good breakfast.
Even though it is not in the pink zone, it is only a few BTS stops away, and very welcoming. I enjoyed it. it was nice to spend a couple of nights in a different part of town.

http://www.reflections-thai.com/

Traveler1234
05-15-07, 12:59
I was in town for 2 days last week, on my way to Bali, and decided to try something new. Reflections Bangkok is a nice hotel, near Victory monument. (Skytrain is ARI).

http://www.reflections-thai.com/

Which room did you stay in - 504?

;)

Cool Sinbad
05-15-07, 13:06
Hi Guys,

Has anybody stayed at the Dream Hotel on Sukhumvit Road. Wjhat's it like? Is it girl-friendly?

Cool Sinbad

Cool Sinbad
05-15-07, 13:07
Hi Guys,

Has anybody stayed at the Dream Hotel on Sukhumvit Road. What's it like? Is it girl-friendly?

Cool Sinbad

Cool Sinbad
05-15-07, 13:08
Hi Guys,

Has anybody stayed at the Dream Hotel on Sukhumvit Road. What's it like? Is it girl-friendly?

Cool Sinbad

Ooooops....sorry guys...tried to correct a spelling mistake and hit the wrong button twice !!!!

Cool Sinbad

Piper1
05-15-07, 13:30
I was in town for 2 days last week, on my way to Bali, and decided to try something new. Reflections Bangkok is a nice hotel, near Victory monument.1Ball, their webpage says it's a hotel for "The intellectual world traveller". I guess that rules me out. Wait a minute - how did you get in?

Looks interesting (seems similar to Giotto's), but it will be a while before I get back to BKK. Next trip to Australia will probably be via Bali, where I break a window and stay in your vacant beach house for free. ;)

1Ball
05-15-07, 22:18
1Ball, their webpage says it's a hotel for "The intellectual world traveller". I guess that rules me out. Wait a minute - how did you get in?

Looks interesting (seems similar to Giotto's), but it will be a while before I get back to BKK. Next trip to Australia will probably be via Bali, where I break a window and stay in your vacant beach house for free. ;)
I wore a disguise, a goatee, and spectacles, and spoke with a thick french accent.
The house in Bali doesn't have windows; besides, you have met my secretary, she will meet you at the airport, bring you to the house, hand you over the list of preferred phone numbers, and run away!!!!

Piper1
05-15-07, 22:27
besides, you have met my secretary, she will meet you at the airport, bring you to the house, hand you over the list of preferred phone numbers, and run away!!!!LOL. Maybe I'm not fussy. Yes, I met your secretary, and she's cute. I wouldn't say no.

1Ball
05-16-07, 00:13
LOL. Maybe I'm not fussy. Yes, I met your secretary, and she's cute. I wouldn't say no.
Piper, you need to borrow those spectacles I wore for my disguise. Cute is not the word I would use to describe her. She was not blessed in the looks department. :(

Gangles
05-19-07, 12:00
I stayed at the Royal Benja hotel in Bangkok, as a pleasant start to a couple of weeks of decadence. It is very large, at the end of Sukhumvit Soi 5, and a bit run down. The room was very large, and had most fittings. It had a stand alone table with two easy chairs. Things worked. The price was about 1400 TBH, which I bought through the internet. It is girl friendly, I saw a number of WG’s pas through the lobby. They handed their ID to the security desk near the elevators, no questions asked.

All in all, a good deal, and a good place to stay if you are looking for middle level accommodation close to the action, but far enough away so that the gf was not faced by girlie bar action.

Champs1000
05-20-07, 21:10
Hi all,
I need a little help from you fellow hobbyist.

I will be in Thailand from the 7th of October to the 4th of November. 4 nights in Bangkok, 10 nights in Phuket, 10 nights in Pattaya and my last 4 nights back in Bangkok. Now on my 2nd stay in Bangkok I will be staying at the Livingstone lodge (to finish my trip with a bang) as for my first stay I did the RTFF thing and I have come up with 4 different choices for my 4 nights stay in Bangkok. Now what I am looking for in a Hotel room is: low cost, guest frendly, in room safe, nice room, close to the action near or on Sukhumvit road (close to soi Cowboy).

These are my 4 choices:
1-The Manhattan : http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/manhattan.html
2-The Ruamchitt Plaza & Hotel : http://www.asiatravel.com/ruamchitt/index.html
3-City Lodge Sukhumvit 19 : http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/city_lodge_sukhumvit_19.html
4-Jasmine City : http://www.thailand-hotelpro.com/bangkok-hotels/jasmine-city/

Now all these hotels have there good and there bad. I would like some feedback from you on which of there you would pick for your 4 days stay and why. Your experiences, good or bad, is apreciated.

I think overall the best choice is the Manhattan…it is a bit old but and the rooms are soso but it has everything else. If you have an other suggestion please go ahead.

Thanks all for you info…you can PM me back or post the information so it can maybe help someone else.

Champs1000

Cactus J
05-20-07, 23:15
I have only stayed at the Manhatten so can only say that it was very good value. Guest friendly, good breakfast buffet, shopworn rooms and generally a good staff. Well located but a fair haul to Soi Cowboy. No view from the back as the new building has proceeded far above the hotel.

Cactus J

Member #2041
05-21-07, 01:20
Champs, I wouldn't pick any of those places as my top inexpensive picks in the Sukhumvit. I would also point out that, of the places you listed, Jasmine City is quite a bit more expensive than the other places you listed - If your budget actually extends to over 3000 Baht/nt, a whole lot of nicer places are available to you, such as the Majestic Grande and Dynasty Grande near Nana Plaza.

If you really want to be near Soi Cowboy, rather than Nana, I'd recommend the Grottino Residences or the Town Lodge.

If you didn't mind being closer to Nana Plaza, the best inexpensive places are Majestic Suites, and Dynasty Inn. Personally, I prefer the area by Nana Plaza to the area by Soi Cowboy, but both have their advantages.

Member #2041
05-21-07, 01:40
I stayed at the Royal Benja hotel in Bangkok, as a pleasant start to a couple of weeks of decadence. It is very large, at the end of Sukhumvit Soi 5, and a bit run down. The room was very large, and had most fittings. It had a stand alone table with two easy chairs. Things worked. The price was about 1400 TBH, which I bought through the internet. It is girl friendly, I saw a number of WG’s pas through the lobby. They handed their ID to the security desk near the elevators, no questions asked.

All in all, a good deal, and a good place to stay if you are looking for middle level accommodation close to the action, but far enough away so that the gf was not faced by girlie bar action.

Gangles, did YOU experience the girl-friendliness of this hotel yourself, or were you there with your significant other? This hotel has been frequently cited as charging a substantial joiner fee - which may well simply have been added to the guest's room bill outside of your visibility. Frankly, given the hotel's location, facilities, and rates, it would be a significant piece of information to hear that this place was in fact guest friendly with no joiner fee.

Munchie
05-21-07, 21:48
Hi all,

I will be in Thailand from the 7th of October to the 4th of November. 4 nights in Bangkok, 10 nights in Phuket, 10 nights in Pattaya and my last 4 nights back in Bangkok. Now on my 2nd stay in Bangkok I will be staying at the Livingstone lodge (to finish my trip with a bang) as for my first stay I did the RTFF thing and I have come up with 4 different choices for my 4 nights stay in Bangkok. Now what I am looking for in a Hotel room is: low cost, guest frendly, in room safe, nice room, close to the action near or on Sukhumvit road (close to soi Cowboy).

These are my 4 choices:

1-The Manhattan: http://www.asiarooms.com/Thailand/Bangkok/manhattan.html

2-The Ruamchitt Plaza & Hotel: http://www.asiatravel.com/ruamchitt/index.html

3-City Lodge Sukhumvit 19: http://www.asiarooms.com/Thailand/Bangkok/city_lodge_sukhumvit_19.html

4-Jasmine City: http://www.thailand-hotelpro.com/Bangkok-hotels/jasmine-city/

Now all these hotels have there good and there bad. I would like some feedback from you on which of there you would pick for your 4 days stay and why. Your experiences, good or bad, is apreciated.

I think overall the best choice is the Manhattan. It is a bit old but and the rooms are soso but it has everything else. If you have an other suggestion please go ahead.

Thanks all for you info. You can PM me back or post the information so it can maybe help someone else.

Champs1000Hi Mate,

Let me be the first to suggest the Nana hotel! I know that there are a lot of conflicting views on this place but in its favour:

In the middle of the action right next to NEP

Angels Discos in basement loads of freelancers

Below 1200baht per night including breakfast and its a great breakfast!

Free newspaper. Bangkok post

The Nana car park. Loads of freelancers

Very girl friendly

The place is a legend and still very good value for money.

I guess on the down side its rather old and tired looking and some might say its a bit sleazy. But if you really want sleazy try the Leela inn! That was possibly the worst hotel I had nearly stayed in recent memory AVOID! I had just come back from Samui and had not sorted out a Bangkok hotel. The Nana was full when I tried to book. Got caught by one of the booths in the airport. The Leela looked good in the brochure and the salesman was friendly and hey it was only for 2 nights before flying home. The place was a dump! Holes in the carpet, dirty walls damp and dark. My mate had a cockroach in his room. He told the porter who very kindly killed it for him!

I walked out of there and realised that I was not going to sleep in that place even for one night. Ended up trying the Nana in person and there were spaces. Phew!

I am hoping to get out to BKK in July and have been researching hotels. I have stayed at the Nana a few times and wanted to upgrade this time but not over do it as I have other things to spend my hard earned money on.

Was thinking of the Majestic Grand. Good reports on this place but still a little pricey.

Livingstones Lodge- Plenty to read about this place on this forum, it sounds like fun, might give it a try.

Or back to Nana!

In terms of the places you have listed I have not stayed at any except the city lodge many years ago (if its the same place) and it was fine.

Hope this helps a little

Cheers

Munchie

Nandu
05-22-07, 09:26
Hi all,

These are my 4 choices:
3-City Lodge Sukhumvit 19 : http://www.asiarooms.com/thailand/bangkok/city_lodge_sukhumvit_19.html

I think overall the best choice is the Manhattan…it is a bit old but and the rooms are soso but it has everything else. If you have an other suggestion please go ahead.

Thanks all for you info…you can PM me back or post the information so it can maybe help someone else.

Champs1000Manhatten has joiner fees.

Ruam chit plaza is ok. No joiner fee. Try Royal Asia lodge/Paradise in Soi 8. It is little far but they have a free drop and pick up to Nana sky stn. No joiner fee.

If it is only for bonking then these are fine.

LittleBigMan
05-23-07, 09:54
Munchie,

Since I normally just stay in BKK, for 24-36 hours and I'm not a big spender on Hotels I usually stay at Nana, in one of their regular rooms for 1270 Baht. When I came in Feb, no reservation and just walked in as usual they told me that they were booked and that all they had was a suite on the 3rd floor ( Swimming pool floor ) for 1680 Baht, being tired and in a hurry to get on with my activities I said O.K., when I entered the room I was really surprise, big clean and bright room and the bath was much different that the regular rooms. For my budget this was a surprising upgrade in the same old location!

LBM

Freeman 418
05-23-07, 12:11
Hi all,

These are my 4 choices:
Champs1000

Manhatten seems a bit over-rated/priced for what you get, and the place has seen better days.

I stayed in Ruamchit Plaza for a few nights (i don't think anyone could stay for more than 2-3) .. the rooms look nothing like the brochure. It IS cheap, like was under 1000bt when i last stayed (last yr), but the rooms are a bit small, dark, and look like regular use of ST stay. There's a bar on the ground level full of girls who are either freelancers, or else bar girls having their night off (ie. not right time of month) lol. Strange place.. Good side: cheap, no joiner fee, no questions at the desk (not even any looks), and it's central to most places you wanna go.

1Ball
05-23-07, 13:02
I stayed in Ruamchit Plaza for a few nights........There's a bar on the ground level full of girls who are either freelancers, or else bar girls having their night off
Freeman, are you sugggesting this might be an alternative to Gulliver, Beergarden or Nana disco? What were the girls like?

Munchie
05-23-07, 23:34
Munchie,

Since I normally just stay in BKK, for 24-36 hours and I'm not a big spender on Hotels I usually stay at Nana, in one of their regular rooms for 1270 Baht. When I came in Feb, no reservation and just walked in as usual they told me that they were booked and that all they had was a suite on the 3rd floor ( Swimming pool floor ) for 1680 Baht, being tired and in a hurry to get on with my activities I said O.K., when I entered the room I was really surprise, big clean and bright room and the bath was much different that the regular rooms. For my budget this was a surprising upgrade in the same old location!

LBMHi LBM,

Thanks for the update, I will check it out. Sounds like it might be the Nana for me again.

Cheers,

Munchie

Muf Diver
05-25-07, 05:46
In April 2007, I made a reservation for 4 days at Grand Business Inn through a reputed online booking agency. Upon arrival around 11 a.m., I was able to check-in immediately.

However, I noticed that there was chewing gum stuck to the floor, dirt on the floor, and cigarette burn marks on the carpet. Even though I had requested a nonsmoking premier room, I was unable to get it. I went to the reception and asked them for a different room, but was told that none was available, and they will see whether they can find me another room later.

I immediately contacted the agency who made the reservation for me. They contacted the hotel, and the reception staff told them that no other rooms were available, and they will not be able to change my room. Accordingly, I cancelled my remaining 3 days' reservation with Grand Business Inn, and made my own online booking with another hotel (Grand President).

When I was about to check out next morning, I requested a copy of a cancellation fax from the reception staff. I believe the reception lady who attended me was "Savena,” or with a name similar to it. This lady was VERY RUDE, and refused my request for a copy of the cancellation fax they claimed to have received from the agency the night before!

This lady was a disgrace to the friendly and smiling people of Thailand. She single-handedly gave me a new perspective to the Land of Smiles. This lady had no inter-personal skills, and did not care about a customer's legitimate request. This lady had no business working for a hotel. At best, she was suitable for selling fried Issan delicacies from a street corner.

Lastly, through out my one-day stay I heard hammering and construction related noise in the hotel. The only advantage of this hotel was that it was very close to the Skytrain station.

I warn everyone who is contemplating a stay at this hotel to stay away. This hotel is NOT business or GUEST friendly. I saw then questioning a girl who wanted to up with a guest, as she was a criminal. There are a hundred other hotel options available within 4 square blocks from this hotel. Please stay away!

Tiger 888
05-25-07, 06:41
In April 2007, I made a reservation for 4 days at Grand Business Inn through a reputed online booking agency. Upon arrival around 11 a.m., I was able to check-in immediately.

However, I noticed that there was chewing gum stuck to the floor, dirt on the floor, and cigarette burn marks on the carpet. Even though I had requested a nonsmoking premier room, I was unable to get it. I went to the reception and asked them for a different room, but was told that none was available, and they will see whether they can find me another room later.

I immediately contacted the agency who made the reservation for me. They contacted the hotel, and the reception staff told them that no other rooms were available, and they will not be able to change my room. Accordingly, I cancelled my remaining 3 days' reservation with Grand Business Inn, and made my own online booking with another hotel (Grand President).

When I was about to check out next morning, I requested a copy of a cancellation fax from the reception staff. I believe the reception lady who attended me was "Savena,” or with a name similar to it. This lady was VERY RUDE, and refused my request for a copy of the cancellation fax they claimed to have received from the agency the night before!

This lady was a disgrace to the friendly and smiling people of Thailand. She single-handedly gave me a new perspective to the Land of Smiles. This lady had no inter-personal skills, and did not care about a customer's legitimate request. This lady had no business working for a hotel. At best, she was suitable for selling fried Issan delicacies from a street corner.

Lastly, through out my one-day stay I heard hammering and construction related noise in the hotel. The only advantage of this hotel was that it was very close to the Skytrain station.

I warn everyone who is contemplating a stay at this hotel to stay away. This hotel is NOT business or GUEST friendly. I saw then questioning a girl who wanted to up with a guest, as she was a criminal. There are a hundred other hotel options available within 4 square blocks from this hotel. Please stay away!
Doesn't LOS translate into "land of scams" also?

Oelg
05-25-07, 12:47
I stayed at the Grand President recently for 5 nights very GF, good staff, good attitude, good security.

I was pretty active, by the 5th night I didn't have to tell them my room number.
Soi 7 is a recently, by my understanding, developed area for bars.

Down Under Bar excellent place for local expats, plenty of live sport on TV.

Well run by host/owner Don, who is friendly and makes any new face weclome.

Champs1000
05-26-07, 02:24
Manhatten has joiner fees.Hi Nandu,

Thanks for the info. Since when hasthe Manhatte had A joiners fee. I iread the tread most of all the pos say that they do not. Where diyu gett informaton?

Thanks

Champs1000

M P Lurker
05-26-07, 02:26
This hotel used to be good and popular. 24 hour Cafe and free wireless internet available most of the time. Its probably gone downhill due to being too busy.
Muff Diver was probably unlucky to get a room that had been stuffed by the previous guest and gum, burn marks etc. can be hard to get off the carpet immediately.
However I have stopped staying at the hotel due to a few weaknesses.
Beds were a bit too firm for my liking (mattress not best quality).
Also no swimming pool, and worst of all was the noise due to construction of new sections of the Hotel.
Last time I tried Dynasty Inn Grand and Livingstones Lodge.
Both of these places solved the problems, however Dynasty Inn Grand is a little awkward by taxi as have to enter Sukhumwit Soi 4 and more expensive than the other options.
Its hard to beat Livingstones Lodge for overall facilities at a reasonable price as long as you are not looking for extreme oppulence.

Champs1000
05-26-07, 02:28
Hi all,

Any info on this place? I am looking to be near Soy Cowboy and this place is right there (50 yards away) plus at about 3000b for a luxury appatent like room. Does not seem to bad.

Has anyone, Ayone been there? any joiner fees.

Thanks again everyone

Champs1000

Saucy Tim
05-26-07, 13:05
Hi all,

Any info on this place? I am looking to be near Soy Cowboy and this place is right there (50 yards away) plus at about 3000b for a luxury appatent like room. Does not seem to bad.

Has anyone, Ayone been there? any joiner fees.

Thanks again everyone

Champs1000Champs1000,

Jasmine City is certainly nice and well located serviced apartment. They have now starting charging 1000 Baht joiners. Amazing Thailand.

PinkPearl
05-27-07, 16:37
Can air conditioning be adjusted by guests? If not will it be too warm or cold in the hotel room?

Will mosquitos be a problem on the lower floors of hotels or outside?

Not up 10 or 20 floors?

Giotto
05-28-07, 09:18
An exceptional comprehensive review of Livingstone's Lodge, positive and negative issues.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=599326

And our comments:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=600064

The Management
Livingstone's Lodge Co., Ltd.

Member #3200
05-29-07, 04:48
I stayed at the thai house inn on suk soi 7 right beside the beergarden, the rooms are quite the small, some people might call it dumpy, but for 700bhats, the room was clean, great central location, girl friendly, free lobby computer internet, who cares if there's no tv in the room, if you are staying 4 a day/night before heading 2 Pattaya or elsewhere, great for the cheap charlies like myself.

It has a bed, no cockroches & right where the action is so can't go wrong.

Oelg
05-29-07, 13:19
Are these hotels GF?

Thanks

Evil

Fedora
06-04-07, 14:50
Anyone tried Citadines Shukumvit 16?

It's fairly new, run by Ascott, seems reasonably priced - can't find any reviews here. Seem like a good location? Staying for 3 weeks and this looks decent, but would would feel safer with input.

Thanks
Fedora

Run Mann
06-04-07, 15:45
I stayed at Citadines serviced apartments for four days in March 07 and highly recommend it. Citadines is comparable to most four star hotels, very clean and in a quiet area with a Foodland store a few feet away. No swimming pool but a nice little fitness center on the top floor. Hotel itself is a little out of the way of normal traffic but there is a Motor-bike/Taxi stand nearby.

Fedora
06-04-07, 16:20
Hi Run Mann - Thanks for the info. I booked it. Will report back.
fedora

I stayed at Citadines serviced apartments for four days in March 07 and highly recommend it. Citadines is comparable to most four star hotels, very clean and in a quiet area with a Foodland store a few feet away. No swimming pool but a nice little fitness center on the top floor. Hotel itself is a little out of the way of normal traffic but there is a Motor-bike/Taxi stand at nearby.

Indo Phile
06-06-07, 16:12
I'll be in town soon and want to stay in Sukhumvit. I've looked through this forum but don't find many reports about the better quality hotels, like the 5 star ones. Any news on Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 or Centre Point Thong Lo? Is the Dream Hotel real? Strange name. What about The Davis?

Any advice on 4 star hotels?

Thanks in advance

Jan 1969
06-06-07, 20:24
I'll be in town soon and want to stay in Sukhumvit. I've looked through this forum but don't find many reports about the better quality hotels, like the 5 star ones. Any news on Centre Point Sukhumvit 10 or Centre Point Thong Lo? Is the Dream Hotel real? Strange name. What about The Davis?

Any advice on 4 star hotels?

Thanks in advanceCentre Point are serviced apartments and definitely not 5 star. The Davis is on Soi 24 and a 20 minute walk from Sukhumvit road, although they do provide a free shuttle. Would rate The Davis 4 star.

5 star hotels on Sukhumvit road that I would recommend:

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, JW Marriott, Westin Grande Sukhumvit and Sofitel Grand Sukhumvit. All of those were Girlfriendly when I stayed. The Sofitel is good value for money for a Platinum room which has a separate livingroom and bedroom.
When I visited bkk last April/May I stayed at Livingstone's on soi 33, which cannot be compared to any of the above mentioned hotels as it is a totally different concept.

I'll visit again in August and will stay at Livingstone's.

Hope this helps, and enjoy yourself while in BKK.

Member #2041
06-07-07, 02:49
IMHO: For girl friendly 4-5* places right in the heart of the action, I would say that the JW Marriott and Sheraton Grande are the best choices. One notch below would be the Westin Grande and the Landmark. Another notch or two down, but much cheaper, would be the Majestic Grande and the Dynasty Grande. I've not stayed at the Sofitel or the Amari Boulevard, but I have heard mixed reports as to the girl-friendliness of these two places. I've heard good things about the Davis, but it's a pretty good walk to the nearest action.

If you don't mind being just a few blocks further from the action than the first places I listed, and want a REALLY nice 5* property, I really like the Plaza Athenee and the Conrad on Wireless Road.

Indo Phile
06-07-07, 04:29
Thanks guys. Very helpful. Good to hear first hand knowledge.

PassinThrough
06-07-07, 09:59
Hello, I wanted to write up a recent experience I had a Livingstones Lodge that I think shows the quality of the lodge as well as the general level of service available in Bangkok. First let me state that I have stayed at Livingstones a few times and I like it a lot. I like the owner, I like the staff and I like the girls that work in the bar, one especially. Given that, this may be a biased opinion but it is completely accurate.

A few days ago I mentioned to Guido, the manager, that I wanted to get out of Bangkok and see some of the countryside. He was really helpful and contacted some friends of his and set me and some of my friends up on an all day excursion in a private van with our own guide. It was a great tour and was very resonably priced. We all got back to the lodge late and were pretty tired. I was sitting at the bar and asked for a papaya shake. The bartender told me that were out of papayas so I started to order a coconut shake but the supervisor heard and came over. She said that there was a store nearby that sold fresh papayas and she would go see if they had any. 10 minutes later she came back with a bag of them and they made my shake for me. I was very stunned that she would do this and very happy, this is not something that you would see in a hotel in the U.S. or Europe.

Livingstones is not the cheapest place to stay in Bangkok, though it is inexpensive in comparison to the JW or Westin. It is a great place for me and for anyone who values quality and service and is willing to pay a little more to get them. They have my business from now on.

The Lodge is located right off Sukumvit on Soi 33, a quick hop away from Soi Cowboy and a 2 stops on the BRT from Nana. Frankly you can't really get any more girl friendly that here, they have girls working in their bar and you can bring anyone back from the clubs without even getting a glance from reception, the management or any of the other guests.

I hope some find this helpful.

PIT

Giotto
06-08-07, 07:29
If somebody wants to check out our website after this report from PassinThrough:

The Management
Livingstone's Lodge Co. Ltd.

Barrella
06-08-07, 10:35
I would not consider Annies a very good soapy as far as quality is concerned.

I have only ever seen one cute gal in there. The majority of them are are in there late 20s early 30s, dark skinned, from Northeast Thailand, and have stretch marks or other signs of baby toting.I do not agree with this statment as of late. There seems to be a big push or change at annies and the quliaty seems to have gone through the roof. I found this site the other day.z

http://forka.org/sauna/

I went into annies again to check it out as I stopped going there if the truth be known. Some of the girls on the pics where there but not all so the mamasan said email in your booking or telephone as the main girl I was interested in was already booked out for the hole day.

Anyway I might be wrong as beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Giotto
06-08-07, 19:45
Come on friends. Nobody stayed Dream hotel?

Any info - general quality, construction all finished, girlfriendly.Bircow,

What I heard: Construction finished, girl friendly, excellent quality, expensive.

Giotto

Erogenous
06-09-07, 11:15
Hi all,

I am in urgent need of advice to decide on a hotel for my maiden trip to BKK. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to sit and read through all the reports and make a decision on where to stay so I'll list my requirements and hope for a recommendation.

+ Price around $80USD (A MUST)
+ Wireless/wired internet in room (A MUST)
+ Good location (near skytrain, eden or akane33)
+ Mirrors in rooms (around bed) (DESIRED, but not necessary)
+ Good decor (PREFERRED)
+ Room with a view (city) (DESIRED, but not necessary)
+ Security (safe, entrance security)
+ Decent breakfast included (A MUST)
+ No charge for late checkin/out (can checkin/out whenever I want) (PREFERRED)

I have found a few in the past that I have shortlisted based on information I have had from this, and other forums and here they are in order of current preference.

1. Majestic Suites
2. Majestic Grande (more expensive)
3. Swiss Grottino
4. Town Lodge Art Deco Hotel
5. Giotto's Lodge (Livingstone's)

Which of these would you recommend/not recommend, or are there any places that are far superior in terms of value when compared with these?

I look forward to posting some reports when I get to sample the delights of Thailand!

Spin the Globe
06-10-07, 15:17
Erogenous;

I just finished my 5th trip to Bangkok. I am normally there for work and on the company expense account and therefore choose a higher-end place. Normally, my favorite hotel is The Westin Grand Sukhumvit (with company discount around $120 USD/night+ taxes and other charges it ends up at 150USD ++). It is a great hotel with perhaps my favorite hotel bar in the world, 7th floor, beautiful bartendresses/waitresses-but the bar drinks are quite expensive.

This trip I finished work in a nearby country and decided to take a few days off and go to Thailand (therefore no more expense account) and chose to look for a cheaper alternative.

I had seen Evil P’s write-up on a few cheaper hotels. I browsed most of their web-sites and then called the Ever Rich Inn to book.

Here is my experience with the Ever Rich:

I booked the King Size room and it was 1500 B per night (roughly $45USD). The web-site shows the King size to be 1600, Queen 1400 and a twin bed room 1700. So, why they gave me 1500 on arrival I do not know. This included all taxes and breakfast. Breakfast was a set-menu with about 5 options, the mornings I woke in-time to eat it was cooked to order and included coffee, juice eggs, and toast. There were other choices. Internet is available- it is wireless and costs an additional 200B per 24 hrs. I only needed this option 1 day and it was fairly fast, and had no connectivity issues. (So with room, breakfast AND internet cost was around $50 USD) If you just need email etc, there is an internet café on the corner of Soi 7 that is 2 Baht /minute with a 20B minimum.

Perfect location on lower Sukhumvit for all of the action. Skytrain (Nana Stop) is roughly 1 block.
Also, the Nana Plaza bars are very close by-less than a 3 minute walk. Soi Cowboy is a short ride away by Taxi or Tuk-Tuk. Then the rest of BKK is “easily” accessible by Skytrain. Also, the location is right on Sukhumvit and in-between Sois’ 5 & 7. ( you asked for close to Eden and Eden Club is on Soi 7).

Security:

24-hour doorman, and a safe in the room (safe required a 500 B key deposit, that was returned upon checkout). Also, the hotel is very girl friendly.

View:

I had a window—I heard someone else asking the owner for prices and apparently for 100 B less you an take a room with no window. So yes, I had a window, but the view was of some old building across the way. But again, I normally stay at the Westin on a very high floor and the views of that area are truly nothing to remember.

Décor-Mirrors:

Very basic –slightly run down décor. No mirrors around the bed As for your other hotels on the list-I did pass by the Majestic on my way to Nana Plaza. It had a much nicer lobby, but I did not view the rooms.

So to answer your questions directly:

Price around $80USD (A MUST) yes—cheaper at around $44 USD
+ Wireless/wired internet in room (A MUST) yes at around $6 USD/day
+ Good location (near skytrain, eden or akane33) VERY close to Skytrain and Eden)
+ Mirrors in rooms (around bed) (DESIRED, but not necessary) NO
+ Good decor (PREFERRED) Not great—very basic
+ Room with a view (city) (DESIRED, but not necessary) No—but does anywhere in that area have a good view???
+ Security (safe, entrance security) 24-hour doorman and a safe in the room
+ Decent breakfast included (A MUST) good –but basic, made to order free breakfast
+ No charge for late checkin/out (can checkin/out whenever I want) (PREFERRED) ?? check-out posted as noon, but the owner seemed nice and would likely work wih you

To conclude—I took a chance on this hotel with very little to go by except for their web-site and Evil P's brief mention-thanks Evil! All-in-all it was a great value, and a perfect location. (in the heart of lower Suk, , shopping, internet café, Starbucks, Nana Plaza, Soi 7 and Skytrain all a few paces away.) Also after the bars close many girls congegrate on the street at the food stalls right in that area.

Again, the hotel is VERY basic and is certainly no comparison to the Westin Grand—but at 1/3 rd or less of the price and a better location for the action, I found this hotel to be a great value. On one other trip I stayed at the Amari Blvd Hotel, which is right around the corner from the EverRich on Soi 5.
The Amari had a much nicer lobby, but the rooms were not much better than the Ever Rich and the price is more than double.

Mastorr
06-15-07, 12:58
This hotel is girlfriendly ?

Thanks ............

Erogenous;

I just finished my 5th trip to Bangkok. I am normally there for work and on the company expense account and therefore choose a higher-end place. Normally, my favorite hotel is The Westin Grand Sukhumvit (with company discount around $120 USD/night+ taxes and other charges it ends up at 150USD ++). It is a great hotel with perhaps my favorite hotel bar in the world, 7th floor, beautiful bartendresses/waitresses-but the bar drinks are quite expensive.

This trip I finished work in a nearby country and decided to take a few days off and go to Thailand (therefore no more expense account) and chose to look for a cheaper alternative.

I had seen Evil P’s write-up on a few cheaper hotels. I browsed most of their web-sites and then called the Ever Rich Inn to book.

Here is my experience with the Ever Rich:

I booked the King Size room and it was 1500 B per night (roughly $45USD). The web-site shows the King size to be 1600, Queen 1400 and a twin bed room 1700. So, why they gave me 1500 on arrival I do not know. This included all taxes and breakfast. Breakfast was a set-menu with about 5 options, the mornings I woke in-time to eat it was cooked to order and included coffee, juice eggs, and toast. There were other choices. Internet is available- it is wireless and costs an additional 200B per 24 hrs. I only needed this option 1 day and it was fairly fast, and had no connectivity issues. (So with room, breakfast AND internet cost was around $50 USD) If you just need email etc, there is an internet café on the corner of Soi 7 that is 2 Baht /minute with a 20B minimum.

Perfect location on lower Sukhumvit for all of the action. Skytrain (Nana Stop) is roughly 1 block.
Also, the Nana Plaza bars are very close by-less than a 3 minute walk. Soi Cowboy is a short ride away by Taxi or Tuk-Tuk. Then the rest of BKK is “easily” accessible by Skytrain. Also, the location is right on Sukhumvit and in-between Sois’ 5 & 7. ( you asked for close to Eden and Eden Club is on Soi 7).

Security:

24-hour doorman, and a safe in the room (safe required a 500 B key deposit, that was returned upon checkout). Also, the hotel is very girl friendly.

View:

I had a window—I heard someone else asking the owner for prices and apparently for 100 B less you an take a room with no window. So yes, I had a window, but the view was of some old building across the way. But again, I normally stay at the Westin on a very high floor and the views of that area are truly nothing to remember.

Décor-Mirrors:

Very basic –slightly run down décor. No mirrors around the bed As for your other hotels on the list-I did pass by the Majestic on my way to Nana Plaza. It had a much nicer lobby, but I did not view the rooms.

So to answer your questions directly:

Price around $80USD (A MUST) yes—cheaper at around $44 USD
+ Wireless/wired internet in room (A MUST) yes at around $6 USD/day
+ Good location (near skytrain, eden or akane33) VERY close to Skytrain and Eden)
+ Mirrors in rooms (around bed) (DESIRED, but not necessary) NO
+ Good decor (PREFERRED) Not great—very basic
+ Room with a view (city) (DESIRED, but not necessary) No—but does anywhere in that area have a good view???
+ Security (safe, entrance security) 24-hour doorman and a safe in the room
+ Decent breakfast included (A MUST) good –but basic, made to order free breakfast
+ No charge for late checkin/out (can checkin/out whenever I want) (PREFERRED) ?? check-out posted as noon, but the owner seemed nice and would likely work wih you

To conclude—I took a chance on this hotel with very little to go by except for their web-site and Evil P's brief mention-thanks Evil! All-in-all it was a great value, and a perfect location. (in the heart of lower Suk, , shopping, internet café, Starbucks, Nana Plaza, Soi 7 and Skytrain all a few paces away.) Also after the bars close many girls congegrate on the street at the food stalls right in that area.

Again, the hotel is VERY basic and is certainly no comparison to the Westin Grand—but at 1/3 rd or less of the price and a better location for the action, I found this hotel to be a great value. On one other trip I stayed at the Amari Blvd Hotel, which is right around the corner from the EverRich on Soi 5.
The Amari had a much nicer lobby, but the rooms were not much better than the Ever Rich and the price is more than double.

Spin the Globe
06-17-07, 16:29
Mastorr;

Yes- the hotel is girl friendly.

Cloud Cloud
06-18-07, 07:56
I think you missed "Grand President" on Soi 11 on your list. Perfect location . Hope this info is not too late.

Blunderer
06-18-07, 20:40
Please do also consider the President Solitaire.... no I don't work for them, but I have stayed there many times and it is brilliant.

Big plasma in every room, really nice huge beds, little kitchenette - hard to explain, but just 'feels' nice and classy.

It is girl friendly. If you are staying for more than a few days, negotiate a deal with them.

They are on Soi 11 where it does it's twisty bit. About 5 mins walk to Nana BTS and about 7 to NEP/Beer Garden/Grace.

Redfield10
06-19-07, 02:03
I've stayed at Majestic Suites and also the Dynasty Inn. But someone mentioned a basic place. Nothing fancy, but clean called either Orchid Inn or Orchid House. I think it's on Soi 4. Down the road away from Sukhumvit (not far) and still close to the action.

Is anyone familiar with this place? If so, what's it like and how much does it cost? You can PM me if you like.

Thanks!

LovelyButterfly8
06-19-07, 18:49
Hi all,

I am in urgent need of advice to decide on a hotel for my maiden trip to BKK. Unfortunately I just don't have the time to sit and read through all the reports and make a decision on where to stay so I'll list my requirements and hope for a recommendation.

+ Price around $80USD (A MUST)
+ Wireless/wired internet in room (A MUST)
+ Good location (near skytrain, eden or akane33)
+ Mirrors in rooms (around bed) (DESIRED, but not necessary)
+ Good decor (PREFERRED)
+ Room with a view (city) (DESIRED, but not necessary)
+ Security (safe, entrance security)
+ Decent breakfast included (A MUST)
+ No charge for late checkin/out (can checkin/out whenever I want) (PREFERRED)

I have found a few in the past that I have shortlisted based on information I have had from this, and other forums and here they are in order of current preference.

1. Majestic Suites
2. Majestic Grande (more expensive)
3. Swiss Grottino
4. Town Lodge Art Deco Hotel
5. Giotto's Lodge (Livingstone's)

Which of these would you recommend/not recommend, or are there any places that are far superior in terms of value when compared with these?

I look forward to posting some reports when I get to sample the delights of Thailand!Hi,

The Grand Marriott hotel is a very nice hotel too. It 's near BTS station. You can go everywhere with nice traffic and for everything you want and need are there.

M P Lurker
06-20-07, 12:10
Guys,

I'm interested in hotels around Sukhumwit or Silom with cheap or free Internet (preferrably wireless) and a nice pool and NOT too close to obvious mongering spots, and price not too much over 2500 Baht.

Grand Business Inn has good Internet but dips out with no pool, noisy, and too hard beds.

Dynasty Grande was good except for location having to enter via Soi 4 where too many girls know me although I could walk in soi 6 instead.

Livingstones Lodge was easily the best value and will be used when in "mongering" mode.

I guess the Grand President Soi 11 fits the bill .
Majestic Grande?
Swiss Park?

In Silom, the Tower Inn was quite good for me.

Any other major suggestions? or do I need to go up in price?

On the web, not too many hotels seem to advertise free wireless internet.
Is it really scarce. or merely scare in my price bracket.

The Traveler
06-20-07, 12:45
Erogenous, Mick Licker,

I think LovelyButterfly meant the JW Marriott, it's indeed a very nice hotel at a great location but has no mirrors around the bed and usually not much of a view.

At most hotels check-in is usually at 14:00 and check-out at 12:00, but you can get an early-check-in and/or late check-out for about 50% of the daily rate.

I personally prefer the Royal President when being in Bangkok, very nice and clean rooms with all amenities. The hotel is a bit laid back in Suk Soi 15 and only a 1-2 min walk from Suk. It's a serviced apartment with daily clean-up and even though it's close to the action it still is a good address for business trips as no bars or gogos are hitting you in the face.

They have a nice enough pool area, a small sauna, gym and a good breakfast buffet. You shouldn't be concerned about breakfast anyway (you said it's a must) as food is extremely cheap in LOS and good restaurants and foodstalls are virtually everywhere.

I don't recall if they provide WiFi as I didn't bring my laptop. Internet cafes are cheap too and always close by, so no need to bring your own.

Traveler1234
06-20-07, 15:29
Mick:
Novotel Lotus on soi 33 is another option. Good business hotel, 8th floor for breakfast and other meals, no sure re wifi - didn't have it when i was a regular (before moving over to Livingstone's - down the soi). But did have internet in room, used to be B200 a day but I gotta believe they've changed to keep up with competition (check their website).

The Traveler - nice to see you back :)

Saucy Tim
06-20-07, 15:54
Guys,

I'm interested in hotels around Sukhumwit or Silom with cheap or free Internet (preferrably wireless) and a nice pool and NOT too close to obvious mongering spots, and price not too much over 2500 Baht.

Grand Business Inn has good Internet but dips out with no pool, noisy, and too hard beds.

Dynasty Grande was good except for location having to enter via Soi 4 where too many girls know me although I could walk in soi 6 instead.

Livingstones Lodge was easily the best value and will be used when in "mongering" mode.

I guess the Grand President Soi 11 fits the bill .
Majestic Grande?
Swiss Park?

In Silom, the Tower Inn was quite good for me.

Any other major suggestions? or do I need to go up in price?

On the web, not too many hotels seem to advertise free wireless internet.
Is it really scarce. or merely scare in my price bracket.Centre Point Wireless like all Centre Point apartments have free broadband internet 24 hours/day. Wired( Lan) connection. 1 BTS stop away from Nana. 3 mins walk to BTS and around the 2300 Baht per night range at the moment.

Hermescali
06-22-07, 16:15
I am thinking about choosing another hotel from the usual ones I have been using so far. The President Solitaire which I used on my recent trips is getting more and more expensive. Also maybe I would like to stay in another part of town for a change. Getting to the hotspots at night is cheap and easy. I will also meet some non-pro girls, so staying away from Sukhumvit might be a good idea. But then, these girls also like going to places like Q-Bar, so the President Solitaire location is also good.

Anyways, I found good offers from the following hotels:

King Park Avenue, Twin Tours, or Windsor Suites (I know Sukhumvit again)

Has anybody any experiences with these hotels? Are they girl-friendly?

I am also interesting in other recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

1Ball
06-22-07, 17:14
The Windsor is NOT GF. So, I would suggest another choice.
Check out the Giotto thread, he owns Livingstone's, which might be exactly what you are looking for. The standard rooms have everything one needs.
You can also check out thier website.
http://www.livingstones.co.th/
Have fun.

M P Lurker
06-22-07, 17:47
Mick:
Novotel Lotus on soi 33 is another option. Good business hotel, 8th floor for breakfast and other meals, no sure re wifi - didn't have it when i was a regular (before moving over to Livingstone's - down the soi). But did have internet in room, used to be B200 a day but I gotta believe they've changed to keep up with competition (check their website).

The Traveler - nice to see you back :)
Thanks to T1234 and saucy Tin fir those options. I will indeed consider them strongly in a few weeks.

Etaoin2003
06-24-07, 23:33
Dumb question, I suppose, but ... as we're heading into the warmest part of the year, is this considered the "off" season for hotels? Are crowds up or down?

Jungle Bluebird
06-27-07, 12:11
Etaoin2003

Bangkok does not really have a low or high season. However, Phuket, Samui etc. hotels now offer super rates as room occupencies are at the lowest of the entire year. When you book direct you can get super deals.

Also less girls, at least the good ones (P4P) go back home during the raining season (stay with kid and mum).

To a limited extent also this holds true for Bangkok girls.

JB

Dumb question, I suppose, but ... as we're heading into the warmest part of the year, is this considered the "off" season for hotels? Are crowds up or down?

Khun Larry
06-28-07, 15:16

Etaoin

I just asked a friend in BKK about the lady situatin and received this email today:
--------------------------
It is a buyer's market. The ladies are complaining that there are no customers. There is a wealth of new talent and the bars and clubs are staying open past 2 am.

Standard complaint: "too many ladies and so little time" so what ever you can do to help would be appreciated.
---------------------------

As JB said BKK does not really have a low season but that is mainly for hotels as the Indians and Asians take up the rooms Farangs use in the winter. For sure there are many fewer farangs around and many ladies in need of your baht. I have an apt in BKK so not sure about latest prices but in PTY I stay at a cheapie place for 500 b. A nicer place is LEK hotel which is about 1000.

Giotto
06-28-07, 20:42
As JB said BKK does not really have a low season but that is mainly for hotels...Hmmm...

Bangkok has a low season as well - and it is right now.

Giotto

AsiaTraveler2
06-30-07, 23:27
Hmmm...

Giotto

I agree. I just got back and it was definitely a buyers market. Lot's of fun to be had.

AT2

Hot Lover
07-02-07, 08:51
I plan to visit Bangkok in 2 weeks and would like to explore Soi Cowboy. Can anybody recommend a nice hotel with reasonable prices. The hotel should be close to the scene, GF friendly and not demanding a joiner fee.

Member #2041
07-02-07, 14:41
I plan to visit Bangkok in 2 weeks and would like to explore Soi Cowboy. Can anybody recommend a nice hotel with reasonable prices. The hotel should be close to the scene, GF friendly and not demanding a joiner fee.

The abbreviation for the best hotel in the area is RTFF

Acerboy
07-02-07, 15:52
Bro I'll make this easy for you but you should RTFF.

Check out Livingstone Hotel. Go the thread in Thailand and you can check how you can book a room there. And yes it is close to the action. :p

Freshc
07-02-07, 19:42
Hi all,

I'm thinking of staying in the Nana Hotel near the Nana Plaza Entertainment Center in early October.

Is this hotel a reasonable choice?

Hot Lover
07-03-07, 14:48
Bro I'll make this easy for you but you should RTFF.

Check out Livingstone Hotel. Go the thread in Thailand and you can check how you can book a room there. And yes it is close to the action. :pMany thanks Acerboy will do so.

Khun Larry
07-04-07, 04:44
Hmmm...

Giotto

you need to learn to read