PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Thai Women - Opinions & Advice

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Martians
08-24-06, 04:35
Guys I came across this today and I thought some of ye might be interested. Some guys wouldn't get a ball in a bath or a bonk in Bangkok but for the normal folk, there are a few pointers here. Of course, Thailand is for shagging not for love stories. Remember all slapper look the same upside down

The sweet art of CYBER-SEDUCTION

Thursday August 24th 2006

More of our romantic pursuits now take place online. But, as ED POWER warns, the normal rules of engagement do not apply in the world of virtual flirting

Flirting isn't what is used to be. Back in the day, all you needed was a persuasive smile and a line in cheesy compliments. Presto - you were fighting potential romantic partners off with a big stick.

Now, in order to convince someone you aren't a complete idiot, you are expected to be a prince of punctuation, a master of the bon mot. Frankly, it's a minor miracle the human race has managed to stagger onwards. Forget global warming: the real threat to the survival of the species is a generation of tongue-tied singletons.

Blame technology. As the internet and mobile phone reduce social lives to a daily discourse of email and text message, so have the rules of flirtation irrevocably altered - arguably for the worse.

Courting by email and text, we can't now rely on nuance and innuendo. In the cold vacuum of cyberspace, there is no reading between the lines or letting body language do the talking. Lurve is no longer a game for the bumbling amateur.

So one is forced to conclude from the unfortunate experience of Joseph Dobbie, a sincere young Englishman seeking love. Having chatted to a nice young lady at a party, Dobbie rushed home and composed for her a cringeful email, purple with overripe phrasing and gushing declarations of affection.

The woman in question did what you or I would in that situation: she forwarded the email to all of her friends, who in turn passed it to everybody they knew.

Quicker than you could say 'public humiliation', Dobbie was the talk of cyberspace.

Poor old Dobbie fell victim to the classic email trap: anything you write can and most probably will be used against you. Going over the top made him look like a needy fool, but of course, you can't win - had Dobbie erred too far on the side of caution, he risked looking emotionally deficient.

Obviously, there's a lesson here: attempting to adequately express your feelings through email is like trying to relay the plot of Mulholland Drive via a game of charades. Inevitably, people will suspect something funny is going on inside your head.

The other problem with cyber-flirting is its tendency to give rise to false impressions. Get to know someone by email and you are essentially getting to know a fantasy, a person who exists only in your imagination. Reality seldom lives up to expectations (that, after all, is why it's called reality).

"When you do finally meet, it can all fall apart - and quite often does," says Dave Roberts, author of E-Luv: An Internet Romance, a novel casting a humorous eye on the pitfalls of cyber- dating. "I know of a woman who was so repulsed by the man she'd fallen in love with through email, that she ran away the minute she saw him at the airport."

That's not to say that, when it comes to romance, the internet isn't entirely without its uses. For the terminally shy, cyber-flirtation is sometimes a godsend.

"It does seem to make relationships easier to sustain for people who are a bit shy or socially awkward," says Dave Roberts. "You tend to get a bit more adventurous when flirting and say things you wouldn't say in person. It's much less embarrassing to type something than it is to say it, especially when it's someone you haven't actually met in real life."

Nonetheless, if you wish to avoid making a Joseph Dobbie-sized prat of yourself, it is important to set some ground rules, according to Jill McGrath, managing director of internet dating site Maybe Friends.

"When you are flirting with someone by email it kind of slows the process of getting to know them down a bit," she says. "Therefore, you need to tread more carefully. You should be especially sensitive about humour. You have to watch your p's and q's.

"You may think something is funny but the other person might get the wrong end of the stick. So always be polite. Also, ask questions that require an answer. If you just write about yourself, there is no reason for the other person to respond."

With McGrath's words ringing in our airs, we present the definitive guide to cyber-flirting (by deliberate omission we've glossed over the first rule: take with a pinch of salt fluffy newspaper pieces written by saddo journalists).

1. NEVER USE CAPITALS
Capital letters are for losers. You want to give the impression that you're composing those devastatingly witty emails off the cuff. Busy - and by implication successful - individuals don't have time for capitals.

They have meetings to go to, clients to woo, other interesting people with whom to flirt. The same applies to spelling: there's nothing wrong with the occasional 'hte' or 'nda'. In cyberspace, dodgy spelling is the equivalent of designer stubble. The recipient will think you're a bit of a rebel.

2. PUNCTUATE PERFECTLY
Curiously, the same rules do not apply to punctuation. In fact, poor grammar is analogous to eating with your mouth open. Your mates may not mind; your family might politely look the other way. Potential amours, though, will scurry for the hills, knowing they could never give their heart to someone who doesn't know the difference between a semi-colon and a hyphen.

3. STICK TO TWO HOURS RULE
In cyberspace, as in life, nothing snuffs out a blossoming romance faster than the whiff of desperation. Dashing off a reply the moment a mail has popped into your inbox suggests - correctly - that you are a little bit on the needy side.

Instead, wait two hours before hitting 'send'. By the same token, should the object of your advances decline to answer your mail, resist the urge to resend it, along with a lame excuse about your employer's servers going down. Nice girls don't date cyber-stalkers.

4. DON'T EMAIL FROM WORK
Never forget, the guys in the IT department are always gazing over your shoulder. Once set loose in the ether, there's no predicting where your email may end up. Consider the case of Clare Swires, a London lawyer sacked after the saucy missive she posted to her boyfriend became a media sensation.

Finding their company linked to a salacious email, Swire's superiors showed no hesitation in giving her the boot. There's no reason to believe your bosses would be any more merciful.

5. NEVER WRITE WHAT YOU WOULDN'T SAY
Dumping a person by email is unforgivable, obviously. But also think twice about asking someone out by mail. They may wonder why you couldn't muster up the gumption to do so by phone. Also, it's easier to say no by email, depriving you of the opportunity to win them over with the narcotic force of your personality.

6. WARNING: IT'S TOO WITTY
We all, I'm sure, know individuals who, while dry and dreary in the real world, write fantastically witty emails. In fact, there is compelling evidence that the funnier a person is in cyberspace, the less entertaining they are in the flesh. Conversely, someone whose emails read like extracts from a computer manual may turn out to possess a dazzling personality. You never can tell.

7. BE CAREFUL WHO'S ON YOUR FORWARDING LIST
Boasting to your mates about this cracking bird you're flirting with is well and good. Accidentally sending the email to her can, alas, rather ruin your chances. In addition, never forward to a love interest an email about a) football b) Star Wars c) previous girlfriends. Not unless you wish to see your relationship hitting the 'trash' basket.

8. AVOID !!!! MARKS
In cyberspace, the exclamation mark is the equivalent of constantly speaking at the top of your voice. People will think there is something wrong with you. Yes they will!!!!

9. NEVER EMAIL 'I LOVE YOU'
Why, they will justifiably ask themselves, could you not summon the courage to do so face to face? The same applies to talk of marriage, children or - the real biggie - buying a home together. Those already in a relationship should note that rekindling last night's argument about whose turn it was to scrub the dishes (it was yours, by the way) is almost always a bad idea. Who wants to be reminded they're dating a slob?

10. NO LENGTHY, PLAINTIVE EMAILS
Nobody opens their inbox expecting to be waylaid by a sentence like this: 'I know that it makes me feel good to believe that maybe, if you are ever upset, knowing that I will be keeping your smile alive might help you through'. Confronted by such a cringeful apparition, most people will laugh themselves silly. And then they'll send your humiliating email to all their friends.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Mick Ireland
08-24-06, 20:27
I will be travelling to Thailand next year as was wondering whats the best place to go Bangkok or Pattaya?

===============================================

With all due respect, why did you post this in the Thai Women - Opinions & Advice?

In the future, please consider the subject of your report and what would be the most appropriate thread to post it in before you actually post it. Specifically, the Thai Women - Opinions & Advice is for posting Opinions & Advice about Thai Women, not travel questions.

On behalf of your fellow Forum Members, Thank You.

Jackson

Martians
08-25-06, 04:58
guys, lay off my english teacher. she did her best. toffee supporters don’t gang [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123). no need to. plenty of cheap pussy around merseyside, many in red.

as recently reported, i will be in pattaya from 4th onwards, hanging out in the dogs bollox with the select few. the management there are selective with who(m) they let in so if that bothers you, better to skip it as skid the sexist has pointed out..

for those who want to meet me in the flesh, and who cannot or will not go in there, i will be staying at diana inn, which is managed by an english mate of mine who married a thai slapper and lived happily ever after. she was a go go dancer but they have been married for years, with kids and no problems, so you can never tell.

my mate is wide though and is a good source of advice for newbies and what not. he has seen it all and is constantly amazed at the wankers who leave their brains at the airport and get taken in by a slapper.

if a real martian read this board, he would think i have no brains given all the attacks on me, my mates and even my english teacher (and my fucking schoolmates, for fuck’s sake). maybe so. it doesn’t take much brains to make money so i shouldn’t worry too much.

one of the little strokes i do is bringing slappers into england to work in parlours in liverpool and london mostly. the ideal is someone who has worked the pole for about two years, has reasonable slapper english and is wide, so she can string along the punters.

it is hard to find the right slapper though. the pole dancers around walking street fuck too much to be able to take in a proper business opportunity, beer bars are a waste of time. the birds who prowl the shopping malls are hit or miss and too time-consuming. the best are go go places or bars with a slow but steady turnover. we take in about 6 slappers a month but are looking to expand to about 12. the money is very good.

if you want to be part of the team, contact me. roll on the weekend mates.

in the meantime, to all my many friends and admirers, admin has aksed that my previous post here be put in reports of distinction. now, as i make obviousl i did not write it all myself. i am after all a scouser. but i still get a gold star. miss gillspepie would be proud.

mick ireland: your question is too general. if you want wall to wall pussy, gold and sea, go to pattaya. if you want over priced pussy, shopping, traffic jams and buddhist temples, go to bangkok. bangkok is worth at least a night (one night in bangkok...) also, pattaya is easy to get to from bangkok. if oyu stay at a well known monger hotel like nana, there are minibuses will drop you there. so even a scouser could do it. with a little bit of help. ok mate.

SidTheSexist
08-25-06, 06:45
Martian(s)
I actually do like your posts and find them informative as well as funny, however, I was just a little concerned with your somewhat aggressive attitude. Keep up the wit and the humour and you will be alright, but be careful not to harp on with the aggressive footy hooligan attitude you seem to be bottling up inside. You should at least make the most of being above the reds. It aint going to last long:D
Interesting you have directly named the manager's wife of a very famous hotel, a "slapper". Also funny how your mate finds guys who fall in love with exactly the same type of girls as his wife, are so stupid!! And very interesting indeed that you are willing to meet up with anyone in the flesh, having openly announced your a people smuggler!! Be careful big boy!!
Peace
sKid

Martians
08-25-06, 07:23
i have to call you that to fit into the thread. i am not a football hooligan; the money went out of that a long time ago. i simply follow one team and therefore never wear prada red. yes, those cunts will do well this season but if they knock chelsea off the perch, there might be hope. plus, watching keano the psycho create mayhem in the stadium of light should be a laugh, we’ll do ok.

yes, his wife worked the pole. so fucking what? he makes no secret of it. he does not go around with a big fucking board saying “i married a slapper” but he makes no secret of it. it has worked out for them. he is a sensible bloke and maybe she sees they have a good life. he is no fucking fool though. the fucking stories he tells. same as the receptionists. they see some shit not just in diana but in many places. and they have the grapevine. everything, son, is information.

pattaya is high octane and it is a place where piranha will pluck fat western fucks clean. funny and sad. the worst thing is there is nothing can be done for these morons. they meet some fucking scrubber, get mediocre sex and they think they
won the jihadists’ jackpot with a rake of randy virgins. there is nothing can be done for these aztecs. besides the pen pushing divorcees, the biggest clowns are the riggers working in the mid east. they come to pattaya, met a slapper and buy an over priced bar, staff it with a dozen zombies and drink themselves stupid before fucking off back to saudi. what a bunch of jokers.

also funny how your mate finds guys who fall in love with exactly the same type of girls as his wife, are so stupid!! not so. we are not talking about love. we are talking about wankers who arrive off the plane and sign over their life to the first slapper who gives them the glad eye. big difference. he can explain the whole routine as to how to live with a slapper for years and not get done over. it all boils down to controlling the cash flow. and the slapper in question.

i am not a people smuggler, we simply facilitate ladies wanting to work in england and guys wanting to shag them. and we facilitate ourselves as well. and we don’t carry big slgns saying “we import and export slappers. no slapper too big or too small”.

finally, i am not a big boy, not even downstairs where i am quite thick as many a lucky slapper can attest.

anyway sid, the problem is not me. it is guys who want to jump on anyone who comes onto the thread. but you never know who will have the information. of course, if all they want to do is make silly in jokes well that’s fine. if they’re about 10 years old.

Meaty
09-13-06, 11:00
... He can explain the whole routine as to how to live with a slapper for years and not get done over. It all boils down to controlling the cash flow. And the slapper in question..
I think you'll find the most important point, and one your mate is missing is calling the lady something more endearing than a slapper

... I am not a people smuggler, We simply facilitate ladies wanting to work in England and guys wanting to shag them. And we facilitate ourselves as well... Therefore a people smuggler, or trafficer IS EXACTLY WTF YOU ARE - does it say on the Uk visa app that they will be working in brothels ? No, so it's illegal and IT IS PEOPLE SMUGGLING

...Anyway Sid, the problem is not me..
WRONG, the problem IS you and others like you, lets hope the new visa regulations but a spanner in your works and helps the Thai population realise westerners are NOT all the same.

Humilde
09-25-06, 16:14
I live in T land and am very average joe. Not handsome, muscular, witty, etc. I am an overwight, tatoo laden, cigarette puffing, heavy drinking blue collar guy devoid of romantic grace.

Things I observe about the Farang Bar girl scene. We are no dating threat to upscale Thai women. I refer to the sophistocated, good looking, often educated women seen at upscale malls. Instead we find ourselves at westerner catering venues as Pattaya, Nana, etc, where the girls are very Isan. Uneducated, not very bright. Thai people referto them as "sumong yun", or mosquito brains. It does seem fitting does it not? They are often well versed at extracting our money. Pretending to love us til they get our life savings, then they say goodbye and buy respect from a Thai low level man. Why are we so fascinated with these brain dead largely unattractive women?

Anyone know? Beside sex?

Retired Army
09-25-06, 16:45
Why are we so fascinated with these brain dead largely unattractive women?

Anyone know? Beside sex?

Because they aren't conniving, fat Western women who suck the soul out of your life?

Old Thai Hand
09-26-06, 02:06
I live in T land and am very average joe. Not handsome, muscular, witty, etc. I am an overwight, tatoo laden, cigarette puffing, heavy drinking blue collar guy devoid of romantic grace.

Things I observe about the Farang Bar girl scene. We are no dating threat to upscale Thai women. I refer to the sophistocated, good looking, often educated women seen at upscale malls. Instead we find ourselves at westerner catering venues as Pattaya, Nana, etc, where the girls are very Isan. Uneducated, not very bright. Thai people referto them as "sumong yun", or mosquito brains. It does seem fitting does it not? They are often well versed at extracting our money. Pretending to love us til they get our life savings, then they say goodbye and buy respect from a Thai low level man. Why are we so fascinated with these brain dead largely unattractive women?

Anyone know? Beside sex?

I'd be careful if I was you. By your attitude and asking such questions you could bring down the wrath of a good many members here whose lives revolve around these "sumong yun", as you call them. I have one question. If you are living in Thailand, why are you still even "dating" (or whatever) these women? Why haven't you moved on to the "sophisticated, good looking, often educated women seen in upscale malls" to which you refer? Perhaps the answer lies somewhere in your first paragraph. However, Thai women don't care so much about looks as long as you are honest, clean, presentable, DON'T have tattoos and AREN'T blue collar. So, I'd say the last two are probably a bit of an impediment to you moving beyond the bar scene. Although, there a lots of lower class Thai girls who are attractive and not in the P4P scene. At least you should try to move beyond the bar scene, instead of complaining about these women.

Dolphin12
09-26-06, 09:25
... per month, and only under the condition that she stop her apartment in bkk and go live at home with her parents.Just my comment on your statement about staying at home. I agree: No matter how much you give to the girl, if she stays in pattaya, bangkok or any other tourist place, she will not stop working. As you can see on pic 320: She needed 2 phones to sort situations out. Some more pics of the phone loving girl for your pleasure.

Humilde
09-28-06, 06:29
Because they aren't conniving, fat Western women who suck the soul out of your life?But I was referring to the conniving Thai girls, many of which ARE "nasty looking" and expertly versed in any lie(s) to get our money. I agree about many western women. oK, so in Thailand, instead of fat ugly western conniving, you often get thin ugly conniving, and for added sohistication, tattoo laden puffing a cig.

Dolphin12
09-29-06, 07:33
I like the girl in the pic, do you have more body pics
of her....without phone...

Oh sorry, I forgot that you said: Without the phone. Here you go:

Retired Army
09-29-06, 08:46
But I was referring to the conniving Thai girls, many of which ARE "nasty looking" and expertly versed in any lie(s) to get our money. I agree about many western women. oK, so in Thailand, instead of fat ugly western conniving, you often get thin ugly conniving, and for added sohistication, tattoo laden puffing a cig.

Makes you wonder what they would be dating back home?

Buzz00
09-29-06, 10:18
[Originally Posted by Humilde
But I was referring to the conniving Thai girls, many of which ARE "nasty looking" and expertly versed in any lie(s) to get our money. I agree about many western women. oK, so in Thailand, instead of fat ugly western conniving, you often get thin ugly conniving, and for added sohistication, tattoo laden puffing a cig.]

I beg to differ : having been in Pattaya now for a week I have not been with any woman that resembles nasty,tatoo laden and puffing on a cig. Maybe you should lay off the beer and see what you are choosing.

There are cute women around, one needs to look and not jump on the 1st skirt that crosses the horizon. I can say though, that there are many dudes hanging out with really unpleasant looking women, why I have no idea at all.

There was one woman that had asked for a 10,000 baht bar fine for spending a week with me- now did she really think I was going to comply.
She was from Waow's bar in Jomtien so be careful.

We all talk about the conniving women where ever they may be and Thailand is no different but we can go with them or not. Its not that difficult to see who has $$ signs in her eyes and who has a sembalance of decency. These women are out there one only needs a little bit of patience and to stop thinking with the lower part of our body - lay off the beer bottle until the deal is closed.

Thats it for the time being and be careful in Pattaya - the LB's seem to be nailing tourists more and more afte the bewitching hour.

More later.

Cheers.

Admin
09-30-06, 18:46
Gentlemen,

The purpose of this Forum is to provide for the exchange of information between Men on the subject of finding Women for Sex.

Let's get back to the subject.

Thank You,

Jackson

Humilde
10-03-06, 12:18
Makes you wonder what they would be dating back home?Touche!

Kamo33
10-04-06, 03:46
Hey gang,

It's finally time and I am heading for LOS.

Just wondering if some of you seasoned travellers had some gift suggestions for things to bring deserving new friends. You know, cheap things from here in North America that go over big with the ladies in Thailand. I know, call me sentimental ( or just mental) but I like to give little gifts. Everybody loves a present.

Thanks and wish me luck na.

Piti.

Old Thai Hand
10-05-06, 12:57
Hey gang,

It's finally time and I am heading for LOS.

Just wondering if some of you seasoned travellers had some gift suggestions for things to bring deserving new friends. You know, cheap things from here in North America that go over big with the ladies in Thailand. I know, call me sentimental ( or just mental) but I like to give little gifts. Everybody loves a present.

Thanks and wish me luck na.

Piti.

Money is always a nice touch. I suspect you've never been here.

There's nothing and I mean NOTHING that you can buy cheap in North America that you can't buy cheaper here.

Buy them something, if you're so inclined when you get here.

JuiceSpike
10-05-06, 14:00
OTH,

Are you sure that everything is cheaper in Thailand than in Norh America?

Hmmm. I think not. Cosmetics are more expensive, Apple computers are more expensive, BMWs are more expensive, etc., due to the import tax and other reasons...

juices

Old Thai Hand
10-05-06, 16:48
OTH,

Are you sure that everything is cheaper in Thailand than in Norh America?

Hmmm. I think not. Cosmetics are more expensive, Apple computers are more expensive, BMWs are more expensive, etc., due to the import tax and other reasons...

juices

Yes, you are right about computers and Beemers. Cosmetics? Sure, if you want to buy Mac cosmetics or some other name brand, perhaps. But, you can get pretty cheap cosmetics here made elsewhere that are quite good.

But anyway, I stand corrected. Perhaps Kamo can buy the ladies a beemer or an Apple computer, then.

JuiceSpike
10-05-06, 17:26
OTH,

Not surprised to see you don't get it. In your statement you said ANYTHING found in North America is CHEAPER in Thailand. Please provide a list of goods and services found in North America (USA) also found in Thailand cheaper.

Look forward to seeing this list.

I think you made a misleading statement. No big deal but for newbies it might be.

juices

Retired Army
10-05-06, 19:29
There's nothing and I mean NOTHING that you can buy cheap in North America that you can't buy cheaper here.

OTH,

Going to have to disagree with you here. Just go to TOP's and look at the imported foods from the U.S. They are twice as much in BKK.

I also wanted to purchase a Lazy Boy recliner in BKK, but it was almost 40,000 THB and I saw the same one on the internet in the U.S. for less than $500. Now I could have bought a locally made one for around 4,000 THB but the quality just wasn't the same.

Retired Army
10-05-06, 19:32
Hey gang,

Gold jewelry is always well received.

Dinghy
10-05-06, 19:49
Money is always a nice touch. I suspect you've never been here.

Buy them something, if you're so inclined when you get here.

You mean that's also produced there. A lot depends on the shipping costs and tariffs. Of remembering that you are a canuck, you might be more influenced by the higher prices north of the border, too. true, most of what I buy (silk, clothes, dental work, med procedures) IS cheaper in muangThai (but some things STILL I take with me - prescription meds - not because they aren't probably cheaper (after the insurance costs, though they might mot be, just because I HAVE them - vitamin C and V because I don't need a scrip are) and other whatnot - I'm just lazy I guess)

Lamonger
10-22-06, 16:30
Help a fellow monger here,

I have lots of experience with women and people in general so please keep your advice to yourself unless you know a lot about Thai women and culture.

I live in US and have visited LOS a small number of times. As most “smart” tourists I have bought some books in an attempt to study the culture or rather the difference between the two. I have a good grasp on some of the more basic Thai beliefs and the way women look at men and vise versa. I have a little experience with Thai girlfriends and know the drill a little bit.

While staying in the US I visited a Thai house of pleasure for the millionth time. There as can be expected I met a pretty good looking Thai girl about 30 years old. As you can imagine I have done this close to a million times before, but this time was with a little quirk. She needed a place to stay for a couple of days and elected to stay with me. I was rather excited about the prospect of having a pretty good looking girl sleep with me for a few nights of course. Well it just so happened that she was way nicer to me than was ever necessary + she was a world traveled and spoke a few languages. She turned out to be a very good company not to mention rather good in bed. The whole two days she was all over me like “white on rice” with lots of attention stimulating conversations and lots of sexual advances. Oh did I mention long sensual massages?

I am sure you can see where this is going. We obviously hit it off pretty well and she went home. (don’t get excited I don’t have a lot of money or a nice house and I look about average to boot) Since then we have been speaking on the phone a good deal when she is in Bangkok. When she goes home for a few days I loose contact until she comes to Bangkok to take care of some business.

Don’t get your hopes up, I am not delusional as you probably are hoping. Everything is going well for about a month now, but I do have some questions as I feel they are related to the culture and the mix of her travel and absorption of the Western culture.

She seems very friendly and loves to have sex. She loves going out and doing things like dinner, sight seeing and shopping (thou she does not buy anything) at least for herself. Did buy a few knick knacks for me.

However she is extremely weary of getting close on a personal level. Since I had only 2 days I did not get very far (but made a small dent).

On the phone she will not talk about anything but sex. It’s either phone sex or I want to got to so sleep or my friends are waiting.

She has remotely consented that a life together is possible but she wants time.
For a long time she had articulated that she will not make a good wife and basically that she is not worthy. With a lot of persistence and a little psychology I was beginning to turn the corner. But, since she went to LOS I have had nothing but phone sex and I miss you very much. Good news is that she is planning to come in a month again, thank god for long term VISA’s.

Question starts here?

My problem is that she will not talk about anything she is planning to do. I don’t know if she is coming to see me or work again? I don’t know how long she will stay and what she plans to do. I don’t know how much money it will take to support the family, which is obviously why she is working. And of course I can’t seem to get any information about the past failed relationships, which are holding her back.

What about this behavior is Thai and is there something I don’t know?

Why will she not discuss anything on the phone and insists that we speak in person?

Why can’t she express one single emotion besides the basic ones (happiness, sickness etc) is this a Thai way of behaving?

How do Thai people express their emotions to each other and fall in love (I know about the money and gifts already)?

Thank you everyone for your advice in advance

Old Thai Hand
10-23-06, 09:10
While staying in the US I visited a Thai house of pleasure for the millionth time. There as can be expected I met a pretty good looking Thai girl about 30 years old. As you can imagine I have done this close to a million times before, but this time was with a little quirk. She needed a place to stay for a couple of days and elected to stay with me.

Lamonger

Before I attempt to add my POV on this, can you clarify something? Am I to understand that the girl is a hooker in LA in a Thai brothel? Or, am I reading your report wrong?

Retired Army
10-23-06, 10:36
I live in US and have visited LOS a small number of times.

Then you really don’t know Thailand, Thai people or Thai culture. I first lived in Thailand in 1973. Have visited almost every year since and have live here for over five years. So this is where my comments are coming from. And I only understand a small portion. The rest I have to leave up to my Thai GF/wife and at times she doesn’t understand or can’t explain why Thai’s do what they do.

As most “smart” tourists I have bought some books in an attempt to study the culture or rather the difference between the two.

I read a book once about riding a bicycle. Didn’t do much good when I put my ass on the seat for the first time.

I have a good grasp on some of the more basic Thai beliefs and the way women look at men and vise versa.

You say you have a good grasp, but then ask the questions you do? I don’t think you understand Thai’s at all.

I have a little experience with Thai girlfriends and know the drill a little bit.

Guys more experienced than you have been taken for everything they own.

While staying in the US I visited a Thai house of pleasure

This pretty well sums it up…

She needed a place to stay for a couple of days and elected to stay with me.

“Any port in a storm.” Hell, I would have stayed with you…

I was rather excited about the prospect of having a pretty good looking girl sleep with me for a few nights of course.

Who wouldn’t be?

She turned out to be a very good company not to mention rather good in bed.

One would expect this, considering her line of work.

When she goes home for a few days I loose contact until she comes to Bangkok to take care of some business.

Or when she goes to Pattaya, or to see her husband, or other farang boyfriend(s)

However she is extremely weary of getting close on a personal level. Since I had only 2 days I did not get very far (but made a small dent).

There are probably things she doesn’t want you to know.

On the phone she will not talk about anything but sex. It’s either phone sex or I want to got to so sleep or my friends are waiting.

Sex is where the money comes from.

She is sizing you up to see just how large of a pigeon you really are.

For a long time she had articulated that she will not make a good wife and basically that she is not worthy.

She would know best and probably isn't lying.

With a lot of persistence and a little psychology I was beginning to turn the corner.

So what are you a psychologist, or just the kind of guy who has to save women from themselves?

But, since she went to LOS I have had nothing but phone sex and I miss you very much.

Setting the pigeon up for the take down.

My problem is that she will not talk about anything she is planning to do.

She is keeping her options open.

I don’t know if she is coming to see me or work again?

Which one is the greatest probability of financial return?

I don’t know how long she will stay and what she plans to do.

Neither will she; but, she probably has plans.

I don’t know how much money it will take to support the family, which is obviously why she is working.

However much you have, it isn’t enough.

And of course I can’t seem to get any information about the past failed relationships, which are holding her back.

Which means she probably has a Thai husband or farang boyfriend(s) somewhere.

This is typical Thai bargirl behavior and there is much you don’t know.

Why will she not discuss anything on the phone and insists that we speak in person?

It’s easier to get money that way because it's harder for you to say no to her face.

Why can’t she express one single emotion besides the basic ones (happiness, sickness etc) is this a Thai way of behaving?

Probably because she is so emotionally scared. However, the Thai’s typically don’t express emotions in public.

How do Thai people express their emotions to each other and fall in love (I know about the money and gifts already)?

Even I can’t answer this one. You either know it or you don’t. One of the complaints I have about my GF/Wife is she isn’t very demonstrative when it comes to showing affection. But I have learned that this is typical Thai because parents aren’t good at showing affection to their children. Perhaps OTH can help on this one.

Buko Max
10-23-06, 11:18
RA,

Please refer to vB code at the bottom left hand corner of the page.

In a few minutes, you can clean up your post.

Thanks

Retired Army
10-23-06, 12:24
RA,

Please refer to vB code at the bottom left hand corner of the page.

In a few minutes, you can clean up your post.

Thanks

Thanks,

I learned something new today. Time for a beer.

Old Thai Hand
10-23-06, 13:16
Probably because she is so emotionally scared. However, the Thai’s typically don’t express emotions in public.

Even I can’t answer this one. You either know it or you don’t. One of the complaints I have about my GF/Wife is she isn’t very demonstrative when it comes to showing affection. But I have learned that this is typical Thai because parents aren’t good at showing affection to their children. Perhaps OTH can help on this one.

I think that Thai families are very affectionate, just not perhaps as demonstrative as Western families. Maybe it depends on the family. My GF seems to come from a very affectionate and loving family and as a result, in contrast to what you say about your wife, is very demonstrative and makes no bones about hugging me a lot, holding my hand or even giving me a little peck in public. Obviously TGs don't "suck face" in public like Western women do. But, who the hell wants that anyway? When I see Farang tourists (usually backpackers) slobbering all over each other on the Skytrain, or what-have-you, I want to go up to them and tell them to "STOP" for God's sake and "get a room!". Maybe it depends too on the age of the girl. I don't know how old your wife is RA, but my GF is 21. And since I get to observe the mating rituals of students of a similar age every day, I'd say that things are much different in terms of public displays of affection with this generation, than they were even 10 years ago.

Having said that, when I see mongers with their rent-a-date making out excessively in public, I want to tell the guy he's making an ass of himself and offending the sensibilities of most Thais. Somehow, when my GF does it, it's cute and inoffensive. But, when BGs do it with their monger dates, it looks gross and out of place. I can't explain it, really, it's just different.

Retired Army
10-23-06, 14:35
I think that Thai families are very affectionate, just not perhaps as demonstrative as Western families. Maybe it depends on the family. My GF seems to come from a very affectionate and loving family and as a result, in contrast to what you say about your wife, is very demonstrative and makes no bones about hugging me a lot, holding my hand or even giving me a little peck in public. Obviously TGs don't "suck face" in public like Western women do. But, who the hell wants that anyway? When I see Farang tourists (usually backpackers) slobbering all over each other on the Skytrain, or what-have-you, I want to go up to them and tell them to "STOP" for God's sake and "get a room!". Maybe it depends too on the age of the girl. I don't know how old your wife is RA, but my GF is 21. And since I get to observe the mating rituals of students of a similar age every day, I'd say that things are much different in terms of public displays of affection with this generation, than they were even 10 years ago.

It must be the age difference then. My wife is in her late 30's and she will hold hands with me in public, but even a small kiss at the airport is out of the question. She claims that "good" Thai women don't kiss men in public.

I never knew her father, but from what I understand he was pretty much a traditional Thai male with many girlfriends and a love for the bottle. Her mother is Chinese and I don't get a real sense of warmth from her. Maybe because I am a farang, but I don't see her as being overly affectionate towards anyone. Friendly yes; but, not affectionate. Not what I am used to coming from a Methodist family in the Bible Belt.

Old Thai Hand
10-23-06, 14:51
It must be the age difference then. My wife is in her late 30's and she will hold hands with me in public, but even a small kiss at the airport is out of the question. She claims that "good" Thai women don't kiss men in public.

Your wife definitely sounds like she's from a (slightly) older generation (meaning no disrespect, BTW). Maybe you might want to enlighten her that things have very definitely changed. I have students at Chula from the most traditional HiSo Thai families anywhere, all "good" Thai girls, and they are not even close to being the same conservative, reserved students like those I had 10 years ago. They're much more open, demonstrative and affectionate, with each other and certainly with their BFs. There's even some general affection of a sort between the girls and guys in the class, who are just friends.
When I met the parents of my current students, they all hugged and showed great affection to their daughters and sons.

When I met my GFs mother, she hugged her daughter in front of me and even her father shows a great deal of genuine affection, at least in terms of calling her every week to see if she's ok. As far as I know, he doesn't have any mia nois, nor does he drink much. As I said, her family are very close and very loving, which benefits me because she in turn is that way with me.

When Thai women trot out the 'good girl" gamut in order to avoid affection, I usually give them a wide birth. There are plenty of still "good girls" around who are more modern and liberal in their affections.

Yi Ren
10-23-06, 21:16
Your wife definitely sounds like she's from a (slightly) older generation (meaning no disrespect, BTW). Maybe you might want to enlighten her that things have very definitely changed. I have students at Chula from the most traditional HiSo Thai families anywhere, all "good" Thai girls, and they are not even close to being the same conservative, reserved students like those I had 10 years ago. They're much more open, demonstrative and affectionate, with each other and certainly with their BFs.
My current Thai GF is quite affectionate, and she's in her mid-30's. To be honest I was slightly taken aback the first time she showed overt affection (kissing instigated by her!) in a public place like a bowling alley.

To be clear, this lady has never been in, around or in anyway involved in the "the business".

For sure, there must be individual differences, but I've come to think the traditional strict Thai convservativism is not quite as universal as what some of us might have been led to believe - not saying it's wrong, mind you, nor that it's not alive an well in some places/families.

Cheers,
-Y

Yi Ren
10-23-06, 21:25
<Can't quite figure out what to cut, so have top-posted>

LA Monger,

Dude, you are like, so clueless. Live with your nice memories - it's not reality. You will thank me, for sure.

Cheers,
-Y

QUOTE=Lamonger]Help a fellow monger here,

I have lots of experience with women and people in general so please keep your advice to yourself unless you know a lot about Thai women and culture.

I live in US and have visited LOS a small number of times. As most “smart” tourists I have bought some books in an attempt to study the culture or rather the difference between the two. I have a good grasp on some of the more basic Thai beliefs and the way women look at men and vise versa. I have a little experience with Thai girlfriends and know the drill a little bit.

While staying in the US I visited a Thai house of pleasure for the millionth time. There as can be expected I met a pretty good looking Thai girl about 30 years old. As you can imagine I have done this close to a million times before, but this time was with a little quirk. She needed a place to stay for a couple of days and elected to stay with me. I was rather excited about the prospect of having a pretty good looking girl sleep with me for a few nights of course. Well it just so happened that she was way nicer to me than was ever necessary + she was a world traveled and spoke a few languages. She turned out to be a very good company not to mention rather good in bed. The whole two days she was all over me like “white on rice” with lots of attention stimulating conversations and lots of sexual advances. Oh did I mention long sensual massages?

I am sure you can see where this is going. We obviously hit it off pretty well and she went home. (don’t get excited I don’t have a lot of money or a nice house and I look about average to boot) Since then we have been speaking on the phone a good deal when she is in Bangkok. When she goes home for a few days I loose contact until she comes to Bangkok to take care of some business.

Don’t get your hopes up, I am not delusional as you probably are hoping. Everything is going well for about a month now, but I do have some questions as I feel they are related to the culture and the mix of her travel and absorption of the Western culture.

She seems very friendly and loves to have sex. She loves going out and doing things like dinner, sight seeing and shopping (thou she does not buy anything) at least for herself. Did buy a few knick knacks for me.

For a long time she had articulated that she will not make a good wife and basically that she is not worthy. With a lot of persistence and a little psychology I was beginning to turn the corner. But, since she went to LOS I have had nothing but phone sex and I miss you very much. Good news is that she is planning to come in a month again, thank god for long term VISA’s.

Question starts here?

My problem is that she will not talk about anything she is planning to do. I don’t know if she is coming to see me or work again? I don’t know how long she will stay and what she plans to do. I don’t know how much money it will take to support the family, which is obviously why she is working. And of course I can’t seem to get any information about the past failed relationships, which are holding her back.

Thank you everyone for your advice in advance[/QUOTE]

Yi Ren
10-23-06, 21:36

In my limited experience, there is great vaiability here. I have know BGs that while were almost completly unhibited in private, will express concern over relatively innocuous displays of affection in public.

On the other hand, my Thai GF, who is in her mid-thirtys, and has had NO connection -- past or current -- to the bar trade, has surprised me by her desire to show affection to me in public, even though I have been concious of being conservative myself.

She may well be an exception, but then that means I've met two in less than a year. YMMV.

Cheers,
-Y

Seydlitz
10-23-06, 23:23
In my limited experience, there is great vaiability here. I have know BGs that while were almost completly unhibited in private, will express concern over relatively innocuous displays of affection in public.

Not just BGs, I'd say. My GF is 25 and she is very conservative in public. She says "we do everything in the bedroom, but nothing in public". To give an idea of the gap, she loves to have sex outdoors in our private swimming pool (admittedly in a very secluded location), but she will not hold my hand at Emporium. Not that I'd really want that (the hand holding I mean).

In fact, she is very affectionate , but in a reserved way. And very distant in public, which suits me well.

Petrol Pete
10-24-06, 00:12
Hey Retired Army,

Your the best, you rule my friend.

Retired Army
10-24-06, 20:27
Hey Retired Army,

Your the best, you rule my friend.

Thank you. I hate to see good hearted guys taken advantage of.

Retired Army
10-24-06, 20:28

On the other hand, my Thai GF, who is in her mid-thirtys, and has had NO connection -- past or current -- to the bar trade, has surprised me by her desire to show affection to me in public, even though I have been concious of being conservative myself.

She may well be an exception, but then that means I've met two in less than a year. YMMV.

Cheers,
-Y

Seems like we are running about 50/50 here. Might be the age difference or the fact my GF is from Surin not Bangkok.

Old Thai Hand
10-25-06, 04:57
Seems like we are running about 50/50 here. Might be the age difference or the fact my GF is from Surin not Bangkok.

Normal Isaan women (not BGs, obviously) are quite traditional. That might explain it, RA. But, my GF comes from Amnat Charoen, near Ubon and although she's traditional in some ways (i.e. extremely quiet, well-spoken and well-behaved and conservatively dressed in public), she is as I said affectionate in public too. But, she doesn't do it in an overt way; certainly not the gross, over-the-top way you see BGs do it with punters. She's still polite, demure and quite charming when she does it, because she's the product of a good upbringing and still knows how to be a proper Thai lady.

Let's face it, the problem is that, 99% of men coming here only encounter BGs, freelancers etc. who's behaviour is not typically Thai anymore. So, they get a completely distorted view of how Thai women are supposed to behave. The hapless monger walking down Suk. slobbering all over his LBFM, who's tarted up in short-shorts, bare-mid-riff, tits hangind out, talking in loud, gutteral Isaan dialect and walking like, well, a hooker is oblivious to the fact that this isn't in the slightest, a representation of Thai womanhood and is in fact a slap in the face of Thai womanhood and Thai culture.

Lamonger
10-25-06, 06:50
You know, I respect your post the most of all the answers.

I hope you are wrong, but realize your have much higher chances of being right then I do.

I hope this is your whole post and this is the whole message I was supposed to get.

LA

[QUOTE=Yi Ren]<Can't quite figure out what to cut, so have top-posted>

LA Monger,

Dude, you are like, so clueless. Live with your nice memories - it's not reality. You will thank me, for sure.

Cheers,

Y

Lamonger
10-25-06, 06:56
You have basically said what I was expecting and hoping to hear from you.

And even though you decided to rip on me a little I appreciate it.

You are exactly the kind of a person I was hoping would give me advice.

If I understand it correctly my confusion in certain aspects, is more then normal and fits well with the concept of us understanding Thai women?

In either case, thanks for taking the time to give me your angle.

LA

[QUOTE=Retired Army]Then you really don’t know Thailand, Thai people or Thai culture. I first lived in Thailand in 1973. Have visited almost every year since and have live here for over five years. So this is where my comments are coming from. And I only understand a small portion. The rest I have to leave up to my Thai GF/wife and at times she doesn’t understand or can’t explain why Thai’s do what they do.

Opebo
10-25-06, 06:58
Normal Isaan women (not BGs, obviously) are quite traditional. That might explain it, RA. But, my GF comes from Amnat Charoen, near Ubon

Your girlfriend is an Issan girl after all? I must say that is a bit amusing. One hopes, for your sakes, she is pale enough to meet your exacting standards.

and although she's traditional in some ways (i.e. extremely quiet, well-spoken and well-behaved and conservatively dressed in public), she is as I said affectionate in public too. But, she doesn't do it in an overt way; certainly not the gross, over-the-top way you see BGs do it with punters. She's still polite, demure and quite charming when she does it, because she's the product of a good upbringing and still knows how to be a proper Thai lady.

Ugh, sounds like my aunt. And I like short shorts.

Let's face it, the problem is that, 99% of men coming here only encounter BGs, freelancers etc. who's behaviour is not typically Thai anymore. So, they get a completely distorted view of how Thai women are supposed to behave. The hapless monger walking down Suk. slobbering all over his LBFM, who's tarted up in short-shorts, bare-mid-riff, tits hangind out, talking in loud, gutteral Isaan dialect and walking like, well, a hooker is oblivious to the fact that this isn't in the slightest, a representation of Thai womanhood and is in fact a slap in the face of Thai womanhood and Thai culture.

Prostitutes are always a 'slap in the face' to 'respectable women', simply because the underlying reality is they undercut the market, selling cheaply what 'nice women' make men pay incredibly dearly for. Of course women hate them - that's why they've always been so vehement about whiping out our hobby through Police Action.

Though I must agree with you that one should not walk about in public with one's prostitute, or preferably any woman. When I do have to walk from pickup point to short-time hotel I always make a point of having her walk behind me.

Lamonger
10-25-06, 07:05
OTH,

Do you have an opinion on my post?

If anyone could have a valid point it would be you.

If you would not mind, give me a piece of your mind.

And don't worry I will read your post objectively.

LA

Old Thai Hand
10-25-06, 13:35
your girlfriend is an issan girl after all? i must say that is a bit amusing. one hopes, for your sakes, she is pale enough to meet your exacting standards....

prostitutes are always a 'slap in the face' to 'respectable women', simply because the underlying reality is they undercut the market, selling cheaply what 'nice women' make men pay incredibly dearly for. of course women hate them - that's why they've always been so vehement about whiping out our hobby through police action.

though i must agree with you that one should not walk about in public with one's prostitute, or preferably any woman. when i do have to walk from pickup point to short-time hotel i always make a point of having her walk behind me.

despite my calling a truce, not wishing to engage in fights with you, you still obviously can't stop yourself. you've proven with this post with the same old extremist stance about women, that you like to bait and therefore are nothing but a serial antagonist and troll.

and, oh ya....my gf is as white as the driven snow...lol

you see o****, people like me and retired army and others here prefer to find company among the beautiful and respectable women of thailand. i suggest,you would be better to go back to trolling for katoeys on beach road, buying cheap, forlorn pussy in the brothels in udon, or seeking the desparate and helpless in the child prostitution areas, like k11 in cambodia, where you are obviously more at home.

Retired Army
10-25-06, 19:55

We have been saying this for months, but I am not sure anyone is listening or cares. And that is a shame.

Retired Army
10-26-06, 06:20
If I understand it correctly my confusion in certain aspects, is more then normal and fits well with the .

just don't let the little head do the thinking. That's what the big head is for. But, when the blood flows from the big head to the little head the big head doesn't think very well.

Lamonger
10-27-06, 09:51
I know the feelig, I'll keep it in mind before I proceed.

Thanks for your input. Hope I can make the best of it.

LA

just don't let the little head do the thinking. That's what the big head is for. But, when the blood flows from the big head to the little head the big head doesn't think very well.

Giotto
10-28-06, 15:43
Might be of interest here, too.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?p=523462

Giotto