PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Admin
01-01-00, 02:00
2006 Travel Plans & Announcements

Love Sex 22
01-03-06, 19:56
Will arrive to Bangkok Jan / 18 will stay for 3 weeks . Send me a line if you interested to meet for drinks and laughs .

Piper1
01-04-06, 04:23
I'm arriving at my BKK hotel about 10pm Friday Jan 6, leaving next day 5pm. Won't be sleeping much. If you want to catch up for a game of pool or scrabble, drop me a line.

Cheers

PIper

Evil Penivel
01-04-06, 14:04
Anyone who'd like to meet up to have a drink and swap stories, please PM me. I'll be in LOS Jan. 20 - Feb. 1, mostly in BKK but may take some days in Pattaya or elsewhere.

Cheers,
EP

Gouiche
01-04-06, 15:11
Hi,

I am getting confused and lost in postings. I am going to Bangkok - Pattaya - Patong in a few weeks and look out for recommendations for hotels/bungalows these places with the following requirements:

- girl friendly (NO additional charges!)
- friendly, service-minded staff
- wireless (wi-fi) internet access (eventually on pay - accessibility is decisive)
- central/approachable from hotspots
- 1.000 - 1.700 bath maximum
- value for money
- breakfast

Anyone, who can help?

As I am into bdsm, I also would appreciate recommendations in that respect.

Gouiche

Coma Boy
01-04-06, 20:41
Treat yourself to 24 hours of CBT here:

http://www.thaimistress.net/home.html

Goderos
01-05-06, 06:38
Hey guys,
Arriving BKK Jan 11th 10pm. Leaving next morning Jan 12th 8:30am. Anyone heading out that nite? Could I tag along and help your cause. Flexible in activities, I am open to most anything. Not made any plans yet but may head to nana plaza if no takers. PM me with your contact. Thanks in advance.....

Fast Eddie 48
01-05-06, 07:38
Anyone know when the new airport in bangkok will open , planning a trip this
march for a week , it should of open last oct when i was there last was delay
for many dumb reasons .

fast eddie 48

Member #3409
01-05-06, 09:19
Anyone know when the new airport in Bangkok will open , planning a trip this March for a week, it should of open. Last Oct when I was there last was delay for many dumb reasons .

Fast Eddie 48No real date has been set. There are many on-going issues, so I think you can be assured that in March it will still be the old one.

JuiceSpike
01-05-06, 13:07
Fast Eddie,

I read somewhere that the new airport will open:

1. when they finish it
2. when officials stop bribing each other
3. when they have the air traffic control sytem set up
4. when they finish it this fall

juice

Freeler
01-05-06, 16:08
Fast Juice,

They're already talking about...... drumroll........ extending the new airport!
Budget airlines want to keep using Don Muang.
So do I!

After a lot of rescheduling, they now plan to open it 'according to schedule' in July. Let's assume 2006....:)

1Ball
01-05-06, 17:34
It might turn out that airlines like Nok, Orient Thai, Air Asia, etc, along with freight companies will use Don Muang, and regular airlines will use the new airport. If memory serves me right, it is about twice as far from the pink as Don Muang is. Will take twice as long to get into town, which could mean bars are closed by the time one hits town, if the flight is coming in from the USA a tthe usual ungodly hour of

I guess it will be the parking lot sale for many who have just landed.

Coma Boy
01-05-06, 17:42
1Ball, I drove past the new site last year and it didn't seem any longer a journey than from Don Muang.

Can't you guys get flights that land during the day?

1Ball
01-05-06, 20:24
CB,
if you are leaving from the USA, you have 2 choices:
1. take off in the day, arrive at midnight or so.
2. take off at night, land at noon or so.

it is a fukken long way, regardless

They let you drive? Oh shit...............

LittleBigMan
01-06-06, 00:36
CB,

On my last stay in November, I read in the BK Post that an official announcement was going to be made in a few days to the exact time frame for the airport to be open although they already had the official ceremony held. Coming from Pattaya in a limo as soon as I came to the new airport exit I started the clock, 15 minutes later and 2 tolls( 1st one was 40 baht and the 2nd I think was 25 baht ) there was the exit to Sukhumvit. From that exit 15 minutes later I was at the old airport. Previously I have been told by taxi drivers that the distant is the same except it's in opposite directions from Sukhumvit.

LBM

Capt JB
01-07-06, 07:19
CB

Thai Airways direct flight from New York leaves New York at 11:05 am NY time and arrives in BKK at 4:05 pm BKK time. 17 hr flight but it beats the Cathy Pacific direct flight from JFK to Hong Kong which takes just over 16 hrs after which you spend another 3 hrs on the flight from Hong Kong to BKK plus the hour or so between planes in Hong Kong. Plus you don't arrive in BKK at 11:00 pm when Cathy Pacific, Northwest, and one other large flight all seem to get there at the same time.

Coma Boy
01-07-06, 10:37
So, it's only the West coast guys that arrive late at night. Fucking hippies!

Am gonna take that BKK-NYC flight later this year, it'll make a great visa run.

Love NY!

Capt JB
01-07-06, 16:53
So, it's only the West coast guys that arrive late at night. Fucking hippies!

Am gonna take that BKK-NYC flight later this year, it'll make a great visa run.

Love NY!

CB

The BKK to JFK direct flight leaves BKK at 1:05 am and gets to New York at 6am. They fly this route around 4 times per week.

Frank Pole
01-09-06, 05:12
I always fly in from SFO (I don't think I'm a hippy ;P). I leave about noon and get into BKK about midnight. It is easier to arrive at midnight and go to sleep than it is to be up all night on the plane and land in the afternoon with the blazing sun in your eyes as you walk around like a zombie.

Catmonger
01-10-06, 07:46
Fast Juice,

They're already talking about...... drumroll........ extending the new airport!
Budget airlines want to keep using Don Muang.
So do I!

After a lot of rescheduling, they now plan to open it 'according to schedule' in July. Let's assume 2006....:)Can you imagine the stuff we aren't reading in the papers? Trying to get that thing done.

LOL

BenDover57
01-11-06, 02:05
Do any of you more experienced guys know the cheapest way to fly from Japan, Shanghai, or Whuan to BKK. I have checked the on-line flights and cannot believe the cost of the airfares for a 3-4 hour flight.

I am traveling from USA to Tokyo, Pusan, Shanghai, and Whuan, and it seems like I should be able to extent my travel to BKK for a few $$$, but I have not broken the code with the airlines. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Traveler1234
01-11-06, 02:13
Do any of you more experienced guys know the cheapest way to fly from Japan, Shanghai, or Whuan to BKK. I have checked the on-line flights and cannot believe the cost of the airfares for a 3-4 hour flight.

I am traveling from USA to Tokyo, Pusan, Shanghai, and Whuan, and it seems like I should be able to extent my travel to BKK for a few $$$, but I have not broken the code with the airlines. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I can't really help per se as I travel on company account - business class.

I think the problem you are encountering is the routing. You're primarily in what is termed East Asia (or more north) and Bkk is much further south. You might be better off looking for stand-alone tix from Shanghai to Bkk and back, which is 3 hrs each way. I believe both Pusan and Tokyo are at least 5-6 hrs?

A good travel agent would know how to work the system.

Sean_Double
01-11-06, 03:55

Thanks.

Yo Bedover57,

I guess the most germaine questions would be if you have already bought your ticket and do you have any flexibility in airlines, dates, etc. If you haven't bought your ticket yet you should be able to add Bangkok to the circle trip itinerary that you already have and it should only add a couple of hundred extra bucks.

If you have already locked into a ticket and an itinerary you are sort of screwed because all of the cities that you mentioned have expensive roud trip fares to BKK. One thing, if you're routing between cities includes Hong Kong and you can stopover, there are daily Emirates flights HKG-BKK-HKG where a round trip ticket is about $240.00.

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Sean

Apple Court
01-11-06, 17:14
Air Asia has $150 flights from Xiamen(XMN)-BKK on Boeing 737.

Devil Doc
01-12-06, 04:56
I am leaving for BKK in the morning, can hardly sleep tonight. Will be arriving late on the 13th. So the Docter will be in town for 5 days. Seeing if anyone in BKK and interested in having a drink and exchanging lies.

PM me if you are intersted.

Tokyohomeboy
01-12-06, 11:52

Thanks.I do the trip your describing everytime I have business in Japan. The trick is to book your flight USA-BKK, with a stopover in Japan. Many times of the year this routing is cheaper than USA-Japan alone.

Cali Dude 1
01-15-06, 03:05
I'll be in Bkk the week of the Superbowl. Does anyone know of any breakfast bars(that darn time difference) that will be showing a live feed of the Superbowl monday morning. Man, monday morning superbowl that just sounds all wrong,well at least i'll be in LOS.

Thanks guys!

Cali Dude 1
01-17-06, 05:13
I just realized that the Ultimate Fighting Championship is going on 2/4 20:00 Vegas time, 2/5 10:00 BKK time.

Anyone know of a good spot with some UFC fans in BKK. Liddell/Couture 3. the first two were great, I hate to miss the third.I got the first round!

Retired Army
01-19-06, 04:11
I'll be in Bkk the week of the Superbowl. Does anyone know of any breakfast bars(that darn time difference) that will be showing a live feed of the Superbowl monday morning. Man, monday morning superbowl that just sounds all wrong,well at least i'll be in LOS.

Thanks guys!

I expect that the JUSMAG (Joint U.S. Military Assistance Group) compound, located on Satorn Road, will have their usual Super Bowl event year in the bar. As long as you don't wear a turban,flowing white robes with a beard, and carry an AK-47 you can get in by just leaving your passport or I.D. at the main gate. However a word of caution, there are going to be several drunk retired military types who can get obnoxious when provoked. Especially if you are a long haired, commie, pinko, hippie type.

Kill Bill
01-19-06, 07:04
Hi guys, I just booked bangkok for the beginning of may. I know its hot.

And not the high season, but is it still worth going this time of year?

Please give me your thoughts on going this time of the year.

Thanks

Freeler
01-19-06, 10:18
From today's BKKPost:

SUVARNABHUMI AIRPORT / THAI AIRWAYS

One dead, three hurt in catering plant fire

POST REPORTERS
Thai Airways International's catering plant under construction at Suvarnabhumi airport caught fire while about 200-300 people were working there last night. One died in the blaze and three were injured.

Chokchai Panyayong, THAI's vice-president supervising the airline's investments at Suvarnabhumi airport, could not confirm whether the fire would delay the opening schedule of the airport tentatively set for June.

Three workers were seriously injured after jumping from an upper floor to escape the flames. The fatality was Jessada Chanram, an air-conditioning mechanic.

Thick smoke billowed from the second floor of the four-storey building around 4.20pm. Three elevator technicians who worked on the second floor jumped off the building and injured themselves.

Woranont Termsap, 25, broke his legs, while elevator technician Wasant Bankhan injured his back. Another worker, Weerawat Meedee, 28, sustained broken arms and legs.

Twenty-fire engines were deployed to control the fire.

The 3.9-billion-baht catering plant is three kilometres from the airport terminal.

Deputy Transport Minister Chainant Charoensiri said the fire started as welding sparks set fire to insulating material. The blaze took a little over an hour to put out. Damage to the building would be examined today.

Anucha Mokawet, director-general of the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Department, said interior decoration workers caused welding sparks which set the insulating material ablaze. Transport Minister Pongsak Raktapongpaisal quoted Mr Wasant as saying the lights went out as he and his colleagues were installing an elevator inside the building. Mr Pongsak said the building appeared to be slightly damaged.

Somchai Sawasdeepon, airport director, said the sprinkler system did not work because it was still being installed.

Coma Boy
01-20-06, 06:55
And not the high season, but is it still worth going this time of year?It's hot, but there is plenty of air-con and swimming pools in LOS.

May is a good time of year to visit as it's not high season. Normal tourists are harmless enough, but the sex-tourist-tourists are fucking fools.

CocoLove
01-21-06, 17:55
Any ideas? I be in Soi22 in March. Are the bars any good? Have you fellow members any places for me to visit? I will be with a buddy, looking forward to a month of fun. Any ideas would be helpful? I want the rates now.

Sean_Double
01-22-06, 23:30
Any ideas? I be in Soi22 in March. Are the bars any good? Have you fellow members any places for me to visit? I will be with a buddy, looking forward to a month of fun. Any ideas would be helpful? I want the rates now.

Yes Cocolove the bars in Bangkok are very nice. May I suggest that you and your buddy start your month of fun really close to soi 22 at: Jet Set
32/19 Sukhumvit Soi 21. Maybe take a stroll up to soi 11 and visit the Banana Club.

Have Fun,
Sean

Terry Terrier
01-23-06, 00:09
Cocolove,

This is a good message board, with a wealth of information. Take some time to read back through the threads - the quality of your trip will be improved immeasurably. Here's a start for you:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=424768&postcount=51

Fast Eddie 48
01-23-06, 01:21
Hi guys, I just booked bangkok for the beginning of may. I know its hot.

And not the high season, but is it still worth going this time of year?

Please give me your thoughts on going this time of the year.

Thanks

to bill

May is the the worst time not as wet as july to sep , it is low season hotel
is cheap and the girl is plentlyful , I been in bangkok and pattaya few time in may is not that bad less monger around.

fast eddie 48

JerryT
01-23-06, 03:21

Thanks guys!The Burbon Street Bar in Washington Square. They have provided free breakfast starting about 0630 am. Excellent place to watch the game. Small, with about 10 TV's and beer on tap. Good folks. Been there in 03 when the Buc's won.

The Fiend
01-23-06, 16:36
Recently booked a flight to arrive on 6th June and return on 21st. Planning 4 days Bangkok, then 7 days Pattaya before returning to Bangkok for last 4 days. Have i got the mix right? I like the shows Angelwitch put on so want to spend a bit of time in Nana Plaza.

Not bothered about it being low season. But any suggestions as to where to stay as I prefer an in-room safe, but on a budget?Leaves me more money for mongering.

Capt JB
01-27-06, 06:21
Recently booked a flight to arrive on 6th June and return on 21st. Planning 4 days Bangkok, then 7 days Pattaya before returning to Bangkok for last 4 days. Have i got the mix right? I like the shows Angelwitch put on so want to spend a bit of time in Nana Plaza.

Not bothered about it being low season. But any suggestions as to where to stay as I prefer an in-room safe, but on a budget?Leaves me more money for mongering.

Majestic Grande has reasonable rooms with room safe and very close to NEP.

Chelsea Boy
01-27-06, 13:48

Not bothered about it being low season. But any suggestions as to where to stay as I prefer an in-room safe, but on a budget?Leaves me more money for mongering.Try Majestic Suites on Suk just around the corner from Nana,small hotel but fills all your requirments.Cheap and has in-room safe.Very girl friendly.About B1500 per night for a double.Web site www.majesticsuites.com.th

Member #3399
01-27-06, 20:28
Hi all

A request to the Married or formerly married Mongerers out there and I know there are a few of us out there. I am bringing my wife to Thailand very soon and I wish to introduce here to the pleasures of FFM Menages activities.

She is bucking the idea but not so badly as to threaten divorce and this will either be the best or worst holiday of my life.

I am looking for techniques other than bondage and hallucingens althought tips on the safe application of those methods are welcomed.

Perhaps some of you may suggest this is a bad idea or a great idea. We are white western non swinging canucks for a brief social backdrop. Lets hear the good, bad and the now divorced.

Dinghy
01-27-06, 21:09
Canada - I'm not stupid (eh!) but I sort of miss what you are asking? WHOOSH - (that''s the question going right over my HEAD)

JuiceSpike
01-27-06, 21:35
Huh? What are you really looking for? A 3's? A mistress? A divorce?

juices

1Ball
01-28-06, 00:25
I'm going to be watching this one closely for the next couple of days. Should be interesting.
C008, please let us know how it turns out, regardless of what you read here.

Rikusa
01-28-06, 02:51
Canada - I'm not stupid (eh!) but I sort of miss what you are asking? WHOOSH - (that''s the question going right over my HEAD)
C008- Well first of all stay away from Soi Cowboy and NEP until after you slide her into the Bangkok life style. Try maybe taking her to a highend joint you read about here like Soi 33, Maybe a soapie could work if its her idea which girl(s) join you for a 2 hour session. (Posiedon) Make it seem like its her idea. Look in Bangkoktonite might have a good idea whats good for joint mongering. Good luck, hide your assets

Member #3399
01-28-06, 03:10
What I am looking for is tried and true techniques for converting or tricking a wife into having sex with Thai women while in Thailand.

Tried the divorce thing it did not take. Surely I am not the only dreamer out there, I have often seen Westerners bringing western women into gogos and then leaving with a third rather useful wheel. I met a married Eastern lady last trip that was an actice aggressive Bisexual. You know the whole when in Rome eat a Thai pussy thing.

I am thinking about large gifts, I have been begging for awhile and it is starting to work but I am looking for other means. This path has been travelled before I am sure I just want to know how many crashes have occurred and what kind of plannning prevented the crashes.

1Ball
01-28-06, 05:25
C008, I cannot offer any advice, as i have not tried what you are fantasizing about.
What I can say is you are treading on very thin ice. Even if you are able to "trick" (poor use or words) your wife into allowing a TG into your room, what happens when you are hapily banging away at your hired help, saying "hey baby, isn't this great ! ", and she suddenly goes completely fucking nuts !
YOU ARE PLAYING WITH FIRE. If you value your marriage, send her to a spa, and go to Eden.
good luck !

Coma Boy
01-28-06, 05:40
just force her.

if it backfires and she hates it, then divorce or murder will solve any problems.

i'll [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123) and kill her for you for a small fee.

Ostevo
01-28-06, 08:50
Could someone tell me if its easier flying out of u-tapao or BKK to get to Phuket?

BKK air out of u-tapao is 2925 AI, where as you can fly Airasia out of BKK to Phuket for 1230 bht AI, both one way.

Any suggestions?

JuiceSpike
01-28-06, 13:51
Is your wife bisexual? If not, divorce and find a wife that is...

juice

Duniawala
01-30-06, 07:42
What a dumbkopf.

Don't you know that after a threesome, she might like her and the lifestyle better than you. Is that worth the risk? The time for 3some is when you are a girlfriend/boyfriend. Not after you are married. Wise up Canadian James Bond.

Capt JB
01-30-06, 13:43
I am getting ready to return to LOS again this week and have been considering buying a cell phone as my US cell phone has no service there.
What is the best service to obtain for a guy who is there once or twice a year. Should I get a cheap phone that you just buy time for as needed or would it be better to just rent one for 3 weeks at a time.

My area of travel is BKK & Pattaya but that could expand.

Dinghy
01-30-06, 14:45
as to phones - there are numerous used phones available at the various markets for anywhere from 1000B to 4000B and from numerous vendors as well (but usually higher priced than the markets.and "new")

A "prepaid" phone card is the best (in fact I don't remember seeing any "monthly plans". )

SOME phones available in the US will work in GSM land (tri-band particulsrly) but the tracfones phones frequency will generally work (850 - not used, and 1900 - mostly available) are not the "norm" of 900/1800 standard. IF you buy a tracfone it needs tobe unlocked and reflashed to reset it's "unique" software to standard "NOKIA" but local purchase is easier.

SIMS are available most anywhere phones are sold and recharge time is also relatively inexpensive

The instructions on the recharge card are in THAI ONLY so be forewarned

Bring it back or give it away - "up to you" (won't work in US AT ALL unless it's also the 850/1900 capable model - it works in the REST OF THE WORLD except North/South America - "we" use 900/1800)

Member #3399
01-30-06, 15:16
"Divorce and kill her", "what a dumbkoof", great comments. I am pretty honest and forward with my wife and aggressively seek new adventures and experiences personally all of the time. I think only those who have traveled roads, should comment on the roads traveled, I am confident that the makers of these comments have never actually found a good partner. I am laying odds tha tnow, before the trip, it begins in 3 days, that it is a 65% chance of clear and unadulterated success.

I guess some of the negative comments on this board about some of the participants are true meaning I guess some of you fail to function in normal manner, job, wife children and the rest.

I mean is it beyond some of your comprehension that an educated western woman may actually enjoy and actively participate in such a tryst. Are men the only people capable of experiencing physichal pleasure and great lust. I have heard of actual bisexual women and some women, my wife included, actually enjoy physical pleasure and are attractive and it is a holiday. With regarded to her "enjoying it and leaving me", she can be replaced, no worries mate, I am an actual functioning member of society of normal looks and far above normal job and salary, education etc.

I guess I am the only participant here willing to try this route, I am surprised but not undaunted. Well I will provide a report so that others may follow my lessons. I feel a little like Neil Armstrong (just kidding).

JuiceSpike
01-30-06, 16:23

You ain't Neil Amstrong and you might want to come back down to earth before you leave it.

You are still ambiguous as to what you are looking for and still have not answered this:

Is your wife bisexual? Or is she interested or curious?

You may think you are educated but if can't even articulate what you are looking for then you won't get any information you are looking for...

juices

Coma Boy
01-30-06, 16:48
Should I get a cheap phone that you just buy time for as needed or would it be better to just rent one for 3 weeks at a time.Just buy one that you like, expensive or cheap. Throw in an AIS SIM and buy time as needed.

Use this same handset every time you visit. If the SIM ever expires just buy another, they're very cheap.

Coma Boy
01-30-06, 16:52
I think only those who have travelled roads, should comment on the roads travelled, I am confident that the makers of these comments have never actually found a good partner.You've hit the nail on the head there!

Seriously though, tell her EXACTLY how you feel, honesty is actually sometimes the best policy.

(Then kill her).

JuiceSpike
01-30-06, 22:10
"(then kill her)" Nasty funny.

Duniawala
01-30-06, 23:58
Wait a minute. Didn't 008 mention in his first post that his wife was unwilling. Now he says he is going to trick her in a 3some and didn't mind if she left him, as he is such a hansum man that he can get a replacement.

008, I wonder what you would say if she wanted a 3sum with you and another man. I bet you wouldn't be that cocky then would you. Why did you even get married in the first place?

Suddenly I feel Havrum is in a much better state of mind.

1Ball
01-31-06, 01:48
008, here is a thought.
Why not get in touch with Havrum, and have your wife fuck his Ho. He doesn't care about her, and you don't care if your wife divorces you. (Didn't you actually threaten her with divorce ? )

Capt JB
01-31-06, 01:59
Dinghy & Coma,

Thanks for the advice guys. I will wait till I get over there and pick one up in BKK.

Pittsdaulga
01-31-06, 02:43
I wanted to know what those that have gone to the Land of Smiles can suggest for someone who is wheelchair bound and wants to go do his thing over there. Where's the best place you think I should visit? The big city of Bangkok or whould Phuket be cool? I'd like your advice on Hotels, the streets/sidewalks and bars/clubs. I'm sure the country doesn't really have guys like me in mind, but there's got to be some place there that comes close to being accessible. For a slight reference I've been to Amsterdam and made it through there without too much troubles. I couldn't go everywhere But I still have a blast.

Thanks guys!

Dinghy
01-31-06, 22:38
First off, I don't ride a chair - but my dad did for many years, so I am a bit sensitive to "access". Wheelchair - well... that's a bit of a problem. Thai's don't seem to have that much kerb access ramping and the sidewalk heights vary. they don't necessarily seem to do lifts (elevators) either - stairs are the "norm". In fact I have rarely even seen chairs - the ones I saw were usually attended - pushed by someone else.

You wouldn't be able to do "public transport" (ordinary bus, baht bus, even taxi - unless you can enter/exit on your own) because they just are NOT set up to handle it IF you wanted to stay somewhere close to "action" (say Nana, for example) you might be able to handle it (how good are you at "obstacles") foot traffic is worse than you can imagine but can be traversed - slowly. Rooms are generally no "handi-capable" (no special rails, bars, heights of things, etc etc)

I mean, if you are up to it (pun intended) go for it. They (poo-ying) see the baht, not the chair.

I'm not being nasty - just trying to pass on information realistically

Coma Boy
02-01-06, 06:04
Some of the BTS stations have disabled access.

The girls won't even notice.

Sean_Double
02-01-06, 07:30
This'll sound callous, but one of the reasons that the BTS is as effecient as it is and was able to be built is that it isn't especially handicapped friendly.

Sadly,
Sean

Traveler1234
02-02-06, 21:23
Piper1, Coma Boy, Meaty, 1Ball and the rest of you senior LOS lords - the gods have smiled and looks like I'll be landing around Feb 22 for a couple of days. If anyone in town (Meaty - Catherine or Long Beach time?), PM for a drink, etc.

Jaimito Cartero
02-03-06, 12:23
I'll be in BKk next week for 4 or 5 days before heading off to PNH. I'll be in the Nana area if anyone wants to meet up.

NoCBJ4Me
02-03-06, 19:04
Is there a source for cheap flights. I want to fly out to LOS in the next week or so for a month in Paradise. I am on East Coast of US.

Has anyone tried traveling as an air courer? Is it a good way to go cheaply?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Fast Eddie 48
02-03-06, 20:34
Is there a source for cheap flights. I want to fly out to LOS in the next week or so for a month in Paradise. I am on East Coast of US.

to nocbj4me

Just check fare on Cathay pacific from san francisco to bkk w stop in hong
kong in march fare is $ 860 included tax , they also have flight from new york
may cost a little more .

thai air way have flight from san francisco to bkk 3 time a week with stop at osaka japan do any one have contact for discount fare .

fast eddie 48

Soi Two Dog
02-04-06, 01:05
Fast Eddie,

Far be it from me to contradict a senior member and as a very junior poster many people will probably have this info posted prior to my post passing the ‘Jackson litmus test”.

But for what it is worth Thai Airways currently doesn’t have San Francisco service.
Their 3 weekly flights from Los Angeles to Bangkok via Osaka have been replaced with 3 weekly nonstop (Sunday Tuesday and Friday) flights. Current cost is about USD $1100.

I’ll be flying this route in a few days, they also fly nonstop from New York to Bangkok.

I agree Cathay Pacific currently has low fares as well as EVA, China Air and if you are traveling on the right days, All Nipon Airways as well.

Jaimito Cartero
02-04-06, 01:21
You can get a 30 day fare on EVA or JAL from the NYC area. The JAL is probably the best since it's nonstop JFK to Narita and then to BKK. About $850-$860 including taxes. You can also check in your weekend paper and there should be travel consolidators, so you could get it for as little as $500-$600, but don't bank on it.

Getting a gig as a courier can take some real work, and you can't always choose the exact dates you go and such.

I'd check Travelocity, Expedia and the like for pricing. Travelocity is nice, since you can enter your airports, and flexible dates and get the best price.

Traveler1234
02-04-06, 03:58

Another option: cheapflights.com

Ljohnson
02-04-06, 09:00
My buddy and I will be in Pattaya Feb. 20 - 23. We will likely stay at either Dynasty Inn or Diamond Beach.

LJ

Duniawala
02-04-06, 16:06

Used to be very cheap, but nowadays they charge 50% of the fare or something on those lines. But you don't get to take any carry checked baggage only a carry on. And you are fixed by the outgoing and return dates and fly the carrier of their choice.

So if you are willing to go with just a backpack for a week or so, it's not too bad. These flights to popular destinations are in heavy demand so call far in advance.

Fast Eddie 48
02-05-06, 07:46
Fast Eddie,

Far be it from me to contradict a senior member and as a very junior poster many people will probably have this info posted prior to my post passing the ‘Jackson litmus test”.

But for what it is worth Thai Airways currently doesn’t have San Francisco service.
Their 3 weekly flights from Los Angeles to Bangkok via Osaka have been replaced with 3 weekly nonstop (Sunday Tuesday and Friday) flights. Current cost is about USD $1100.

I’ll be flying this route in a few days, they also fly nonstop from New York to Bangkok.

I agree Cathay Pacific currently has low fares as well as EVA, China Air and if you are traveling on the right days, All Nipon Airways as well.

to soi dog

Why don,t you check www.thaiairway.com , sfo to bkk is a new service just
starting on dec last year 3 flight a week w stop at osaka , please check and
the source before you speak you know who is a newbie junior.

fast eddie 48

Freeler
02-05-06, 17:29
Nok Air fails to lift off, skids off runway

BANGKOK, Feb 5 (TNA) - A Thai budget airline jetliner skidded off a runway Sunday afternoon as it was making an emergency landing at Bangkok International Airport following engine trouble, according to company executives.

Somchainuk Engtrakul, acting president national carrier Thai Airways International, Nok Air's parent company, said some 109 passengers were aboard Nok Air flight DD7506.

The Boeing 737-400 was departing Bangkok to the southern resort island of Phuket Sunday afternoon but was forced to abort its takeoff shortly after the left engine developed trouble and stopped functioning before it lifted off.

The problem forced the plane to skid off the runway, according to Mr. Somchainuk.

THAI emergency centre director Surapol Isarangkura na Ayutthaya said that all passengers were safe and that no one was injured. They were transferred to another aircraft.

An investigation is underway to determine the cause of the engine malfunction, he said.

Sean_Double
02-05-06, 17:50
to soi dog

Why don,t you check www.thaiairway.com , sfo to bkk is a new service just
starting on dec last year 3 flight a week w stop at osaka , please check and
the source before you speak you know who is a newbie junior.

fast eddie 48

Fast Eddie,

Don't know if you were kidding or not. Hope so because Thai Airways does NOT fly from San Francisco to anywhere. Soi 2 Dog was right on concerning flights.

FE, if you look at airline schedules like this:

1 TG5605B 06MAR SFONRT SS1 1137A 330PŠ* MO/TU
OPERATED BY UNITED AIRLINES INC.
2 TG6001B 07MAR NRTBKK SS1 535P 1055P * TU
OPERATED BY ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS COMPA

you might be fooled into thinking SFO-TYO is a Thai Airways numbered flight, but its actually a United flight. Its called a code share.

Thai might have announced that they would be flying from SFO to Osaka last december, but if they did it never happened. Its also been announced that the new airport would be opening last december as well. Hint:
It's not open yet and won't be for a long time..don't tell the cab driver to take you there, you'll miss your flight.

Cheers,
Sean

Fast Eddie 48
02-06-06, 01:08
Fast Eddie,

Don't know if you were kidding or not. Hope so because Thai Airways does NOT fly from San Francisco to anywhere. Soi 2 Dog was right on concerning flights.

FE, if you look at airline schedules like this:

1 TG5605B 06MAR SFONRT SS1 1137A 330PŠ* MO/TU
OPERATED BY UNITED AIRLINES INC.
2 TG6001B 07MAR NRTBKK SS1 535P 1055P * TU
OPERATED BY ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS COMPA

you might be fooled into thinking SFO-TYO is a Thai Airways numbered flight, but its actually a United flight. Its called a code share.

Thai might have announced that they would be flying from SFO to Osaka last december, but if they did it never happened. Its also been announced that the new airport would be opening last december as well. Hint:
It's not open yet and won't be for a long time..don't tell the cab driver to take you there, you'll miss your flight.

Cheers,
Sean

to sean

Here is the schedule sfo to bkk , hope this help

https://wftc3.e-travel.com/PL/thai5/EN/TimeTableServlet

www.thaiair.com

Gypsie King
02-06-06, 01:35
to sean

www.thaiair.comI went on the website and selected SFO to BKK, and the flight reported by Thai airways is coded "OP" means operated by another airlines. It's a code share and NOT a Thai flight.

Quickfix
02-06-06, 02:06
Hi All,

I’m heading up to Phuket 24 March with good mate and would like to find some good massage places? Please if anyone has any names of the best places in town let me know.

Kind regards

Quickfix

Sean_Double
02-06-06, 02:07
to sean

www.thaiair.com

Well Fast Eddie it doesn't really help. Niether one of your URLs are valid.
Thai Airways does NOT fly from San Francisco to Bangkok via Osaka. Only United flies from SFO to OSA. Apparently Thai Airways doesn't know that they fly from SFO either. This from their website:
http://www.thaiairways.com/About_Thai/Public_Information/Information/Destinations.htm

North America
(1 country/2 destination)

U.S.A. : Los Angeles, New York

Hey, its no big deal, but your sounding kind of smug dishing out misinformation.

Cheers,
Sean

Fast Eddie 48
02-06-06, 02:17
Well Fast Eddie it doesn't really help. Niether one of your URLs are valid.
Thai Airways does NOT fly from San Francisco to Bangkok via Osaka. Only United flies from SFO to OSA. Apparently Thai Airways doesn't know that they fly from SFO either. This from their website:
http://www.thaiairways.com/About_Thai/Public_Information/Information/Destinations.htm

North America
(1 country/2 destination)

U.S.A. : Los Angeles, New York

Hey, its no big deal, but your sounding kind of smug dishing out misinformation.

Cheers,
Sean

thank s sean

Then cathay pacific is a better option $860.00 they offer double mileage til
end of march 31 2006 .

fast eddie 48

Retired Army
02-16-06, 01:04
It's a United/Star Alliance code share flight.

Daring Mood
02-16-06, 11:51
Gentlemen
The information for mongerers flying from the US to LOS is detailed and very informative.

However, I am stuck here in London, and i have trawled the online ticketing sites for cheap flights departing asap and returning mid to end of July and they are all quoting close to Euro 1,000 return. This seems really expensive especially when a ticket for London purchased in Bangkok is considerably cheaper.

So I have a few questions

1). If you flew from London to BKK what did you pay and who did you buy your ticket from?
2). I don't mind breaking the flight and will fly anything (except Gulf Air) that will get me there

If anyone from the travel industry is reading this perhaps you could explain why ticket prices vary so much, and what are the peak / non peak seasons for travellling to Thailand from the UK, as this obviously has a bearing on prices.

Much obliged, and TIA
Daring Mood

Coma Boy
02-16-06, 12:21
If you flew from London to BKK what did you pay and who did you buy your ticket from?
I don't mind breaking the flight and will fly anything (except Gulf Air) that will get me thereTry Trailfinders on High St. Ken. Or Travelbag, wherever they're based now. Also www.expedia.co.uk and www.lastminute.com may or may not be of use.

A lot of cheap flights stop over in Dubai or Abu Dhabi, but you may find some good deals that stop in Singapore etc.

I always use Thai Air for BKK/LHR and fly business but it isn't exactly a bargain.

Piper1
02-16-06, 12:40
True, there are cheap flights via Dubai, but I find it cheaper using a travel agent than online booking. Also, in this global marketplace, it's amazing that ticket prices vary so much depending on the country of purchase. eg my brother was quoted nearly AUST$3000 for a return Sydney-Dubai ticket, but I bought the same ticket for him for AUST$1000 at a Dubai travel agent.

My advice - compare travel agent prices to online prices before deciding.

Lemon Tree
02-16-06, 13:06
Daring Mood

I fly from Germany (Airport is Hamburg) via Dubai to Bangkok and back again. Fly with Emirates Airline in May this year. Pay for that rail and fly ticket 539 Euro. As far as I know, Emirates goes from London too. Try to find out with www.emirates.com . I booked the flight in a travel agency. You should fist try to ask a travel agency before booking online. I agree with Piper 1 that this is the better and sometimes cheaper way.

Enjoy your life

Lemon Tree

Duniawala
02-16-06, 14:27
Gentlemen
However, I am stuck here in London, and i have trawled the online ticketing sites for cheap flights departing asap and returning mid to end of July and they are all quoting close to Euro 1,000 return. This seems really expensive especially when a ticket for London purchased in Bangkok is considerably cheaper.

If anyone from the travel industry is reading this perhaps you could explain why ticket prices vary so much, and what are the peak / non peak seasons for travellling to Thailand from the UK, as this obviously has a bearing on prices.

Much obliged, and TIA
Daring Mood

1. Try travel agents for international flights where they still get commissions. Am not a Londoner but I have heard there are plenty of "chop shops" there, who sell heavily discounted tickets. You probably tried them anyway. Many times I have gotten good rate info from
www.mobissimo.com.

2. Peak season - When your kids are out of school - translation summer and winter holiday times. Summer peak season - June 1 - August 31, winter Dec 1- Jan 15. Start/finish date vary +/- 1-2 weeks depending on airline.

Duniawala
02-16-06, 14:55
Will be in BKK on 26th and leave on 27th. I am in transit this time. Anybody want a beer, pm me.

Poster, how about getting together at the Bush Garden at 6-7 p.m. on the 26th, Staying at the same hotel.

The Traveler
02-16-06, 23:24
Duni,

I will be there. Will bring my new GF with me if you don't mind.
Poster will be on a visa run as far as I know.

Richard Kopf
02-16-06, 23:51
True, there are cheap flights via Dubai, but I find it cheaper using a travel agent than online booking. Also, in this global marketplace, it's amazing that ticket prices vary so much depending on the country of purchase. eg my brother was quoted nearly AUST$3000 for a return Sydney-Dubai ticket, but I bought the same ticket for him for AUST$1000 at a Dubai travel agent.

My advice - compare travel agent prices to online prices before deciding.

I won't go too far into it as it can be very confusing. I am a travel agent based in Australia for over 10 years.

Ticket prices vary according to airline, route, how recently the fleet or particular aircraft was modernised, cost of living in the country of origin, IATA rules, season (weather) in the place of origin/destination, whether it is holiday time at either origin or destination, what the airlines' future sales are like (low loadings attract sale fares) and a myriad of other factors.

Emirates is a good example. On the Sydney route, some of their aircraft are new Airbus 340-500s and some are older Boeing 777s. In business class the discounted fares SYD-DXB vary from 5230.00 to 7360.00 depending on whether you take the non-stop Airbus with the new seats or the older 777 via Singapore or Bangkok, with the old seats. Emirates alone has 29 different fares between Sydney and Dubai and they only sell advertised fares. Many airlines also sell wholesale fares with different rules to travel agents (that's why agents are usually cheaper) so there could be hundreds of fares between 2 points and you can expect some fares to change weekly, or even daily.

BTW, airline tickets are NOT in a global marketplace. It breaks IATA regulations to sell a SYD-DXB ticket as a DXB-SYD (which is what the agent in Dubai did for your brother) and agents who do that may be charged the difference in fare. The traveller may also be denied boarding as once the return flight has been used, the outward flight is invalid. It is also not allowed to sell 'cross-border', which is selling a wholesale ticket from a country other than the origin, or perhaps reversing the order in which the coupons are used.

Prices may also vary to due availability, as with domestic carriers. They may advertise fares of $25.00 but after they are sold, the fares, move up and around 1/3 of travellers on the flight would be paying 10 times that, or more.

I think I've probably confused the situation, but in all honesty, the best way to get the right price is to check the fare with the airline on the website, with a large travel agency chain which advertises that it's cheap, then go to an agent you like, and ask them to match or better the fare. Definitely do not believe a that any agency has a real buying advantage over another. Alliances ensure that most agencies buy at the same price so they should be happy to get your business away from another. Having said that, margins are being forced down by internet agents and airlines so discounting will soon disappear. Booking direct with the airline online is generally not the cheapest way now and if everyone keeps doing it, it will send agents out of business over the next 10-30 years and then, with no competition, the airlines, which generally collude on pricing, will increase fares.

Whew.

Davidep
02-18-06, 20:05
I will be in Bangkok with my friend on Tuesday, the 28th.

Come monger with us.

Dinero
02-18-06, 22:41
Gentlemen,

I keep hearing about how Russian broads are imported into the country, and I'd like some tips on where to find them. I'm going in March. Also, I keep hearing the ******* in charge of Thailand these days has initiated some kind of crackdown. Are there still live sex shows? If so, where? One more thing: What's the availability of ganja, and what are the dangers.

Dinero

Yi Ren
02-19-06, 20:36
Gentlemen,
I keep hearing about how Russian broads are imported into the country, and I'd like some tips on where to find them. I'm going in March.

Ummm... why not go to one of the CIS countries?

One more thing: What's the availability of ganja, and what are the dangers.

If that's what you're after, stay home. You won't like the consequences if caught in any of the SE countries. Not much news regarding drug offenders getting hanged or imprisioned makes it to the States, but believe me, it happens on a regular basis.

Cheers,
-Y

Freeler
02-19-06, 20:36
Dinero,

RTFF and then, should you have any questions left, ask them.

Coma Boy
02-20-06, 06:35
I keep hearing about how Russian broads are imported into the country, and I'd like some tips on where to find them.

What's the availability of ganja, and what are the dangers?Just go to Russia or E-Europe.

Ganja is very easy to find, but you definitely don't wanna get caught with it.

Duniawala
02-20-06, 16:24
Come on guys. Don't give him all those bad advice.

Dinero, ganja is available at the Bangkok Hilton. Just ask the receptionist.

Dinero
02-22-06, 04:10
Well,

That's all very encouraging. Meantime, let me clarify that I was merely interested in knowing if there was a diversity of pussy in Thailand. I look forward to sampling the thai girls, maybe a few expat broads on vacation at the resorts and a couple of Russians if I can find them. Since I'm young I have a reasonable chance of meeting those goals.

As to the ganja, I'll skip it. There's no reason to get my balls chopped off for possession. Thank you for the comments, gentleman, particularly to Freeler.

Dinero

Freeler
02-22-06, 17:10
Dinero,

Well, you got the message:)

Yi Ren
02-22-06, 18:37
Come on guys. Don't give him all those bad advice.

Dinero, ganja is available at the Bangkok Hilton. Just ask the receptionist.

Oh wait, did Dinero mean gananga, the ginger-like thing that supposedly has some aphrodesiac properties? No probs, bro - you can get it just about anywhere at good prices!

Good luck!

-Y

1Ball
02-22-06, 22:53
I will be in BKK for 3 nights, March 10, 11, 12.
If anyone wants to buy me a nice dinner, a good bottle of wine, and 2 cute TGs to fuck, while listening to a bunch of lies, drop me a line.

Firedick
02-23-06, 06:50
You do make it sound tempting. :)

Duniawala
02-23-06, 07:06
Oh wait, did Dinero mean gananga, the ginger-like thing that supposedly has some aphrodesiac properties? No probs, bro - you can get it just about anywhere at good prices!

Good luck!

-Y
Yi Ren, the word you were looking for is galangal. But ganja is better at the BKK Hilton.

Duniawala
02-23-06, 07:17
So we have a few getting together at the Bush Garden on the 26th at 6:30 pm. The first round on me. So far Traveler, his girlfriend, Yi Ren, Giotto and Trav 1234 are scheduled to attend. Anyone else want to join, you are most welcome.

Coma Boy
02-23-06, 10:22
As to the ganja, I'll skip it. There's no reason to get my balls chopped off for possession.Dude, if you wanna smoke, smoke. Just be careful.

Traveler1234
02-24-06, 01:17
So we have a few getting together at the Bush Garden on the 26th at 6:30 pm. The first round on me. So far Traveler, his girlfriend, Yi Ren, Giotto and Trav 1234 are scheduled to attend. Anyone else want to join, you are most welcome.

Due to cross signals, my fault, won't be in attendence. Flying off that morning for Shanghai....see you all next time.

The Traveler and I may still try to hook up Saturday night for a quiet drink, anyone around PM.

Yi Ren
02-24-06, 17:53
Due to cross signals, my fault, won't be in attendence. Flying off that morning for Shanghai....see you all next time.

The Traveler and I may still try to hook up Saturday night for a quiet drink, anyone around PM.

I won't be able to make Saturday night (need to send off the "Home Minister" early Sunday AM), but am definitely up for Sunday night, after a stint at the karting track in RCA. Unfortunately, I'm off to Langkawi early Monday (yes for work), so can't make an all-nighter of it.

Cheers,
-Y

Yi Ren
02-24-06, 17:59
Yi Ren, the word you were looking for is galangal. But ganja is better at the BKK Hilton.

Dang! Close enough for government work. :)

As for the Hilton, I like the sunsets at the Mandarin Oriental. (Just did one earlier tonight, then hit Patpong for some shopping and my fav sidewalk cafe at the SSP Tower 3 on Silom.)

Cheers,
-Y

Buzz00
02-24-06, 21:28
I wrote a report about Russian chics in Pattaya if thats your thing. You had better bring along mega bucks if you want to spend anytime at that club.

Beer starts at 200.- baht a pop and the girls, well, you could lay out a few thousand baht and still not get into their pants, or g-strings for that matter.

I will say though that I thought the chics were hot, but its all about taste.

As for the ganja, I think you would rather hang on to your balls.

Cheerrs.

Traveler1234
02-25-06, 00:18
I won't be able to make Saturday night (need to send off the "Home Minister" early Sunday AM), but am definitely up for Sunday night, after a stint at the karting track in RCA. Unfortunately, I'm off to Langkawi early Monday (yes for work), so can't make an all-nighter of it.

Cheers,
-Y

I now have to stick around for at least another 48 hours and have confirmed with The Traveler for Sunday 6:30 pm at Bushgarden. See you there?

Meaty
03-02-06, 09:56
so, songkran is coming up and a good friend of mine, sidthesexist will be in town. we have decided to have a full day of fun, and would like to invite fellow brothers to join us.
this is our plan for thursday the 13th of april 2006, feel free to join in at any stage of the events. the plan is to expose ourselves to plenty of p4p but not blow a hole in the bank by doing it. experienced and new members are invited, even those who fail to rtff before posting are welcome ! so here is the schedule, and then below that are field reports i have found relating to each venue to give you a taster of what to expect.
if you want to confirm you’ll be there or want more info just drop me a pm. i’ve no doubt events will continue into the early hours, but any more preparation than the below and we all know it won’t be stuck too !

schedule
10:00am – [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) bar, bbbj, sukhumvit soi 8

11:00am – gullivers tavern, breakfast, pool, and breaking the ice, sukhumvit soi 5

12:30pm – eden club, sukhumvit soi 7/1

2:30pm – a bar beer (name tbc) drinks, war & wh0re stories and pool, same soi as eden club

4:00pm – aviva massage, relaxing ttm or om, where extras are available if you want, sukhumvit soi 8

5:30pm – the dollhouse a go go, take advantage of the happy hour prices, soi cowboy

7:00pm – suzi wongs, to see the infamous shows, soi cowboy

8:30pm – entrance to nana plaza, to stitch up some bible bashers with katoeys and knuckle sandwiches ! (just kidding)

and from there, well who knows…….

fr’s or info on each venue
to save bandwidth i have edited out some parts

[CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) bar - sukhumvit soi 8, enter soi, take 2nd small soi on right, bar 20m up on left
credit to piper1 from another forum, posted on 28th december 2005

i popped into [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) last night……isaan gal named jin - 6 to 7 in looks, but nice enough. good english and nice personality. soon enough we were upstairs behind the curtain, with her on her knee-pad doing her job. as i'd been sapped so much earlier in the day, she had her work cut out for her. i actually felt sorry for her after 20 minutes of her doing her best, as hard, fast and deep as she could. i just couldn't finish.

after 30 minutes i suggested full-sex (price went up from 700 bj to 1100 fs - price fixed by management).

after 20 minutes of doggy, ramming hard and fast with my balls booming against her sweet brown butt, i still couldn't finish. i had to leave soon for the plane. she had taken off her school-girl top and bra, but still had on her short school-girl tartan skirt. as i'm a teacher of sorts (adult students), i fantasized she was one of my students, trying for a better grade. (don't hate me). i still couldn't finish.

we had to be relatively quiet, with others only a curtain away from us, but after another 10 minutes of the pounding, she started whimpering. that helped - a few minutes later i finished, exhausted. i collapsed onto the sofa and sat back, and she lay her head on my lap for a few minutes panting away. nice touch. 100 tip.
budget – 700 for bbbj, 1,100 for fs, 1,600 for on site st

gullivers tavern – sukhumvit soi 5, same soi as foodland, 20m further into soi on right
couldn’t find anything recent on this place, but it’s a huge sports type bar, loads of pool tables, air con, decent enough grub, big tv screens, and fl’s

eden club – sukhumvit soi 7/1, walk along sukhumvit, past soi 7, take the next soi, (7/1), club is 15m up on your right hand side, look for the big wooden door.
this isn’t a fr, but a list of services available from no other than eden papa

this is what we usually provide : xxx means : everybody can do

services that you would like to perform with the ladies :
oral sex bare xxx
cum on face xxx
rimming xxx
uniform play xxx
cum in mouth xxx
vaginal sex (with condom) xxx
lesbian performance xxx
vaginal fingering xxx
anal sex (with condom)
anal fingering
spanking
light bondage
[CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) on body
[CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) in mouth
foot worship

services you want the ladies to perform on you :
bare back blowjob (bbbj) xxx
rimming xxx
use toys (strap-on, dildo's,etc... ) xxx
anal fingering xxx
cum sharing xxx
spanking
light bondage
[CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) on body
[CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) in mouth
deep throat
foot worship

when something special is required always ask for it before chosen the ladies clearly stated on the menu:
##special fantasies ? let us know##
budget –2 ladies, 3,200 includes everything, 1.5 hrs

a bar beer – in soi 7/1 a few doors along from eden
no fr required, it’s just a beer bar !

aviva massage – soi 8, enter soi 8 from sukhumvit, take the first small soi on the right, its about 15m up on the left, http://www.avivabkk.com/
credit to slipkid from another forum, posted on 21st february 2006

i visited aviva 4 times on a recent jan/feb trip. very satisfied. the room was clean and big enough, the shower fine. the massages were great, and after that whatever i wanted was provided. the 3 girls i had were friendly and had a good attitude. prices(meaty edit, slipkid means tips not prices) basically 500/1000/1500 for hj, bj, fs. i recommend "pim" or "gea".
credit to ibfarang from another forum, posted on 23rd february 2006

had another good experience here a couple of weeks ago with anny – decent rack but a little thick, good performance in all areas. she was recommended by one of the mama-sans. same same as my earlier experiences 600b 1.5 hour oil, + 1500 b fs. was actually planning on just a hj this time around but good ol’anny convinced me to pony up the extra baht for fs.
budget – 1hr oily 400, 1.5hr oily 600, 2 hr oily 800, tips as mentioned in fr above

dollhouse a go go – soi cowboy, coming from asoke end, walk half way down soi cowboy and its on your left, purple and yellow colour.
no fr’s required, it’s a go go bar, but happy hour was around 50baht a drink
http://www.dollhouse-agogo.com/girls-bangkok.html

suzi wong – a little further down the soi on your right
no fr’s required, it’s a go go bar

Boy Toy
03-02-06, 10:21
Daer Frends,

I have booked an airasia flight to phuklet from Bangkok departing at 1555 , prior to that I am reaching there from Hong kong at 1400 on the same day, leaving me with only 1 hour 55 minutes for everything, my query is-

1) will the air asia , flight for phuket leave from the same terminal as the one where i arrive from Hong kong? if no, then what is the fastest way to reach the other terminal? i have heard they have free shuttle service.

2) is one hour fifty five minutes enough for immigrtaion, customs, going for one terminal to another and reaching the air asia counter at least one hr before take off?

Hope it is not a close call.

please advise.

thanks

BT

Meaty
03-02-06, 10:50
Daer Frends,
Hope it is not a close call. please advise. thanks, BT
It is a close call, but you should be okay, you can run from international to domestic or get the shuttle bus outside, just hope your HK to BKK flight is not delayed in any way. Thai Air let you check in up to 20 minutes before departure on domestic (unofficially), don;t know about Air Asia, i'm guessing if they have empty seats and passengers waiting they'll sell tickets and board them.

CocoLove
03-02-06, 17:49
Hi,

Looking for good places to go, any ideas, will be in Thailand March 12 to April 10th, any fellow memebers got ideas let me know, cannot wait to visit. Will try and get photos up after holiday.

Odin Man
03-02-06, 17:49
Arriving tomorrow, Staying from 3rd to 10th.

Staying at Maj. Grande again, many hotels seems to be very full these days.

Never been to Beergarden, would be nice with company, anyone willing to join for a beer and a stare, pls. PM.

Eddie Imps
03-02-06, 18:06
Hi all,

I read somewhere that you can fly to Clark Air Force Base from Utapo airport.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Dinghy
03-02-06, 21:12
Meaty - you forgot the NUMBER ONE stop (either 930 am or the evening before) for that itinerary - kai-yaa to buy either vitamin V or C (or both) FIRST.

I used to be able to keep up that kind of pace - when I was young and in my prime... that's a KILLER (but what a way to go...) me jep jai...

Member #2041
03-03-06, 08:21
Well Eddie Imps, I'm sure that if you are U.S. Military, and your orders say you can, then they will let you on the Military transports that travel all the time from U-Tapao to the Phillipines. As for whether there are COMMERCIAL flights that do this route, I have no idea, but on the commercial side, U-Tapao certainly doesn't strike me as being an international airport.

Meaty
03-03-06, 08:27
Meaty - you forgot the NUMBER ONE stop (either 930 am or the evening before) for that itinerary - kai-yaa to buy either vitamin V or C (or both) FIRST.

I used to be able to keep up that kind of pace - when I was young and in my prime... that's a KILLER (but what a way to go...) me jep jai...
LOL, so will you make it ? Vit V will be the order of the day, but not until AFTER Eden ! Eden will remain au naturel :D

Dinghy
03-03-06, 18:24
Unfortunately I am STUCK in Bratet-Farang until at least mid-April - probably May. local committments (as in "JOB")

lately for me, V is the "primer" and C is the "activator".

Once is nice, 2 is absolute eaven, 3 and I would be dead...from exhaustion

Retired Army
03-04-06, 01:45
Hi all,

I read somewhere that you can fly to Clark Air Force Base from Utapo airport.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Utapo to Yakota. I think once every other week. It's most likely a C-17 coming from Diego Garcia and is usually pretty full.

Clark is no longer a U.S. military base.

Retired Army
03-04-06, 01:47
If you go to JUSMAG on Satorn Road they have a Space A office that can help you.

Retired Army
03-04-06, 01:54
If you have the time, the U.S. Air Force has maintenance contract at Utapao
for its C-130s. Sometimes you can catch a hop out on one of the birds being returned after maintenance. This requires you to be in the area and in close contact with the "powers that be" at the base.

LittleBigMan
03-06-06, 00:04
Has anyone travel recently on Eva Air Deluxe coach service? Is the seat bigger? if so compare it between business and coach seat. How about the food do you get more compare to regular coach?

Planning my trip in May, Cathay coach fare right now is $884.00 SFO/BKK
versus Eva Deluxe coach $1131.00 approximately 241.00 difference. Is the service on Deluxe worth the extra 241.00

Thanks,
LBM

Dinghy
03-06-06, 00:36
LBM - depends on your point of view - seat spacing is BUSINESS, food is coach

Tote your own food, sit comfortably - is it worth $250 more or less? "up to you"

Duniawala
03-06-06, 10:35
Has anyone travel recently on Eva Air Deluxe coach service? Is the seat bigger? if so compare it between business and coach seat. How about the food do you get more compare to regular coach?

versus Eva Deluxe coach $1131.00 approximately 241.00 difference. Is the service on Deluxe worth the extra 241.00

Thanks,
LBM
Don't know about Eva Air, but I flew in Premium Economy in Thai which I heard is similar. Wider seats, more legroom 42" pitch, footrest and more recline. The price is steep. $1400 RT LAX/BKK, but worth it IMHO for the 17 hr non-stop flight.

Dirty Tom
03-07-06, 08:50
Hi LBM,

I did travel 2 months back on SFO-TPE sector on Eva Air Evergreen Deluxe Class and I would suggest you go for the extra money (if you feel like) coz you get an extendable leg rest, bigger seats, Business-class-like feeling.

Not sure how much more food they give.

I travelled one way so mine had about 94$ higher than the Economy but I found it worth it - to sleep all the time!

Have fun dude! Let me PM you to further this dialog.

Take care,

-Rocky.

Thanks,

LBM

Meaty
03-10-06, 06:55
Well TIT !
The get together planned for Apirl has hit a hurdle of ultimate proportions, Eden will be closed on the 13th and 14th of April, for Songkran !
Will check the rest of the plans and report back, keep those PM's coming, looks like there'll be quite a large gathering at this pace, perhaps we could meet at Sanam Luang, and march on Thaksins residence, if all of you who PM'ed are genuine, we might out number the genuine protestors !
Oh, and just in case any of you were worried about attendees, i can happily confirm OTG and his dog pound won't be there :D

Coma Boy
03-10-06, 07:00
Meaty, during Songkran the majority of bar-girls aren't in Bangkok.

It's the one time of year that they all head back to Issan to party with the family.

Also, bear in mind, that if you intend to do your all-day mission during Songkran you're gonna be wearing wet clothes all day. But at least they'll have a chance to dry off a little everytime you're gettting some.

Roaming Rob
03-10-06, 08:38
Boy Toy,

I just did the same thing about 2 weeks ago. Yes you should be able to make it. My flight landed at Terminal 1 and cleared everything in about 30 -40 mins and did the walk over to the domestic terminal which took about 10 mins. One bit of advice is if you happen to land at terminal 1 you can actually clear customs in terminal 2. There is a short walk-way leading from the baggage claim area that connects both Terminal 1 and Termina 2. If you go out of Terminal 2 then you just go upstairs and there is a walk way of about 300 meters or so that will take you to the Domestic Terminal.

I will tell you that I believe Air Asia offically says they close the check in at 45 mins prior to flight time. But from my experience they still allowed me to check in as late as about 25 mins. I would not suggest waiting that late and chancing it. But I think you will be fine or you could take the shuttle outside like the others have suggested.

Hope this helps,
Rob

Traveler1234
03-10-06, 19:26

Thanks,
LBM

Situated btw business and coach, larger seats, more pitch, like business class. Can't remember re food but pretty much the same.

Legroom and comfort on long flights worth the extra bucks plus no noisy families, etc. (usually) to contend with.

Montecristo
03-15-06, 19:05
Almost all sites about Thailand or Cambodia recommend, that the country should be visited, from November to February.
Unfortunately, i will only have chances in mid april, which i think is the hot dry season.

I was once in Thailand in February, i ask if is it really worst to go in this season, they say its too hot, i would like to travel a little and possibly go to Cambodia, but if the weather is so important, i can wait till November ......

Thanks in advance

Montecristo

RockyMtnWay
03-15-06, 21:29

Thanks,

LBMI flew EVA Deluxe BKK-TPE-LAX in January (and will be using it to fly back to Asia next month). As best I can tell it is business class seats with mostly economy class service (a row is 2-4-2 seats on a 747). The seats are 38 inches apart in Deluxe Class, 44 inches in Business Class. The extra room over economy is great if you are tall or wide. I'm 6' 0" tall and had about eight inches of legroom in front of my knees. Just be warned that all that extra space will spoil you. It will be hard to fly economy after EVA Deluxe :-)

RMW

Dr Robert
03-15-06, 22:19
I will be visiting these two days if anyone wants to monger as a group.

Piper1
03-16-06, 13:34
I'll be back in BKK for work May 22-25, and I'm planning on taking an extra week (before or after these dates) for party time. I'll definitely get away from central BKK during the non-work days. Not sure where yet - suggestions welcome. Maybe include a side trip to Burma for a few days.

Anyone planning on being around at that time? Maybe catch up for a quick tour or a glass of lemonade.

Cheers

Piper

Deejay3
03-16-06, 13:40
Hi,

I am visiting bkk next week 20th March for a week if anyone wants to meet up for a drink.

Traveler1234
03-16-06, 14:02
I'll be back in BKK for work May 22-25, and I'm planning on taking an extra week (before or after these dates) for party time. I'll definitely get away from central BKK during the non-work days. Not sure where yet - suggestions welcome. Maybe include a side trip to Burma for a few days.

Anyone planning on being around at that time? Maybe catch up for a quick tour or a glass of lemonade.

Cheers

Piper

I'll probably be there the week before, so if your plans change, PM. And my plumbing on the way to mending....LOL

1Ball
03-16-06, 14:06

Cheers

Piper
those days sound about right Piper. can't imagine you and I getting into much trouble with lemonade though. might have to switch to diet coke if we really wana go wild.
:D

Anyone else, I will be in BKK next week arriving evening of March 22 for 3 nights. Will be out looking for Piper's dream girl, and getting her overly stretched out for him. Want to join in, let me know.

1Ball
03-17-06, 07:36
I am heading South next week end, just off of Trat, to a couple of islands called Koh Maak, and Koh Kood, south of Koh Chang. The goal is to try to find a nice piece of oceanfront land I can call home, once I get tired of the running around.
There is zilch info on these 2 places. I am pretty sure I know the answer to my question, but here goes anyway.
Anyone been there can confirm it would be better to bring my toy with me, rather than try to find one there? I would imagine slim pickings, if any at all, are to be found there.
Thank you

Coma Boy
03-17-06, 07:49
Anyone been there can confirm it would be better to bring my toy with me, rather than try to find one there? I would imagine slim pickings, if any at all, are to be found there.1Ball, definitely take one or more girls with you. Ideally girls who don't mind if you wannna spend time with any locals you may meet.

I may be on Ko Chang around the same time, checking out a few developments myself.

Noel 1445
03-17-06, 14:36
Hey fellow mongerers,

I'm heading to Bangkokk early April.

I Would love to meet up with anyone up for it.

FKKguide
03-17-06, 21:37
.....The goal is to try to find a nice piece of oceanfront land I can call home, once I get tired of the running around.

Thank youHi,

I lived in LOS for 5 years and was married to a Thai MBA, so I know a bit about the situation.

Be aware that you CANNOT buy Thai land legally as a foreigner. Anybody who tries to convince you otherwise is a fraud. TG love to make their ferang BF buy land and cars in their name and then kick em out with their families help.

Many corrupt lawyers run the same scam with them as strawmen.

You can only buy 1 condo per building, too. In LOS to rent is cheaper than owning anyway. Try leasing something longterm.-- Check some of the issues by googling with "Thai real estate." The was a good link on stickman.com

Now here's a weird concept: you can buy or build a house and lease the land under it but what are you going to do if the owner withdraws the lease?

So move with extreme caution. Good luck.

FKKguide
03-17-06, 21:41
April to Nov is the WET season in SE Asia, lots of rain, flooding ect.

Almost all sites about Thailand or Cambodia recommend, that the country should be visited, from November to February.

Unfortunately, i will only have chances in mid april, which i think is the hot dry season.

I was once in Thailand in February, i ask if is it really worst to go in this season, they say its too hot, i would like to travel a little and possibly go to Cambodia, but if the weather is so important, i can wait till November.

Thanks in advance

Montecristo

Retired Army
03-18-06, 20:00
[QUOTE=Fkkguide]Hi,

Be aware that you CANNOT buy Thai land legally as a foreigner. Anybody who tries to convince you otherwise is a fraud.
QUOTE]

Retired Army
03-18-06, 20:07
Hi,

Be aware that you CANNOT buy Thai land legally as a foreigner. Anybody who tries to convince you otherwise is a fraud.

This is generally true but not not entirely. As a business you can own land. So if you want to incorporate in Thailand you can buy land. There are a few hoops to jump through, but it isn't all that bad. You have to have some Thai stock holders and make a profit. I know a guy who owns a noodle stand for the business and uses his maid as a silent partner. He had a lawyer prepare the papers properly so he can get rid of the partner if necessary. He gives his maid part of the profits of the noodle stand for doing nothing and everyone is happy.

Flood800
03-18-06, 20:19
I am heading South next week end, just off of Trat, to a couple of islands called Koh Maak, and Koh Kood, south of Koh Chang. The goal is to try to find a nice piece of oceanfront land I can call home, once I get tired of the running around.

As a compromise, may be an oceanfront condo of your own, high above the waves (yes, I know there isn’t much of that!) and sip a cool beer watching the sunset…

Foreigner are allowed to buy and own a condo, as these are not freehold. Believe that there are some new developments underway.

R

Cebu Local
03-19-06, 00:59
April to Nov is the WET season in SE Asia, lots of rain, flooding ect.Actually It depends what part of Southeast Asia you are in,For example Thailand s Noth Eastern and Central zone have monsoon season from May to November.The Southern region has two monsoons and has rain from May to January.As a rule of thumb the dry season goes shorter,the further south you go.So here is a quick summary Chiang Mai north November to May dry season Central Thailand December to May,Surat Thani and below only March and April are Dry seasons.In the Philippines We have 4 climatic zones with different rain patterns.Dont generalize on SEA climate

Deejay3
03-19-06, 12:54
Hi! I am from England where I was born but my parents are from India. Does any one know if Marc from Eden club has a problem with this.

Meaty
03-20-06, 04:17
Hi! I am from England where I was born but my parents are from India. Does any one know if Marc from Eden club has a problem with this.
I heard about a bloke from Luton who went in there, same background as you, there were 30+ girls in there, Marc asked the girls if they were willing to do it with him to line up (he asked in Thai so the guy didn't understand), anyway, none of the girls lined up, so the guy asked if Marc would go with him instead, but he said he wouldn't, so i'm guessing Marc would have a problem with what you describe.
Then again, you could always ask Marc ?!?!?

Mr_Hoffy
03-20-06, 05:32
I have a friend who's ancestry is from the South of India. He's a US citizen.

Since I'm caucasian I have not experience any direct discrimination.

It sound like Thai girls have huge problem with darker skin people.

Is that true?

I also don't understand

so the guy asked if Marc would go with him instead, but he said he wouldn't, so i'm guessing Marc would have a problem with what you describe.
Then again, you could always ask Marc ?!?!?What you mean by "go with him instead".? Why would Marc be needed to go with him. What are the girls concerned about that would need Marc's attention?

Yi Ren
03-20-06, 18:48
I'll be back in BKK for work May 22-25, and I'm planning on taking an extra week (before or after these dates) for party time.
<...>

Yum, lemonade! :-)

Depending on when I get back from Yurrup, I'm game. Please keep us posted on logistics.

-Y

Retired Army
03-20-06, 23:17
I don't think Marc has a problem with dark skinned individuals. He welcomes Africans into his club.

Dinghy
03-21-06, 22:28
Particularly Indian folks - look more or less like Khon Issan

Meaty
03-22-06, 03:10
Particularly Indian folks - look more or less like Khon Issan
Did i miss the sarcasm in your post, the same as everyone seemed to miss it in mine ?

Dinghy
03-22-06, 05:16
no - it's TWUE it's TWUE (line from Blazing Saddles)

I only heard of MONEY driving Eden. I don't remember much about "ethnicity" being a problem if the BHAT is there

Freeler
03-22-06, 18:53
Hi,

The brand new BKK busterminal on (well, just off) North Road and Sukhumvit in Pattaya has a few new features compared to the old terminal.

Not only are there the familiar buses to Ekamai and Morchit but now also two new connections.

One to the Southern busterminal (Sai Tai) in Thonburi - every two hours on the even hours during the day. Price B117. Beats the hell out of going to Ekamai or Morchit first and then a taxi to Thonburi.

The other new route goes along Aranyaprathet, Surin, Yasothon to Mukdahan on the Mekong River. This one's nicknamed the BG express already:). I didn't look at departure times or prices.

Busfare:
In general busfares are up some 20% from july 2005.
Strangely, the VIP from Pattaya to CM was just a few Baht more then the 1 class aircon. I took the VIP from Pattaya to Pilok for B430, the 1 class air was B420 and takes two hours longer.
The VIP had vibrating seats, great airco and plenty space for tall people. Even Joe Zop can now travel in comfort on Thailand's buses!
Buses in Korat were B7, up from B5 and in Pilok the aircon buses were B10, up from B7.

Trainfare:
Trainfare hasn't changed since July 2005, in fact it hasn't changed in 15 years or so. Only some surcharges changed and or went up, but not the basic price.

Traintravel:
The railroad track from Korat to Ubon has been improved and allows trains to travel faster. Not that you arrive earlier according to the timetable, but you do arrive on time!

Taxis:
I noticed no pricechanges for taxis. Airport to Morchit was B110 as usual on the meter and the prepaid Pattaya to BKK Airport is still B800.

(Based on travel experience in March 2006)

Coma Boy
03-23-06, 08:09
I only heard of MONEY driving Eden. I don't remember much about "ethnicity" being a problem if the BHAT is thereLast year a black friend of mine from the UK was turned down at Eden. This guy is a polite, young, healthy, good-looking (works as model) dude and only a couple of the oldest girls were interested.

Then again, I know several other non-whites who frequent the place.

Phantomtiger2
03-24-06, 00:50
Any bros have advise on whether there is train service from CM to Siem Reap (cambodia)-include cost and time? and if not , how about the bus service ?(cost and travel time)

thanks

Meaty
03-24-06, 04:13
Any bros have advise on whether there is train service from CM to Siem Reap (cambodia)-include cost and time? and if not , how about the bus service ?(cost and travel time)
thanks
The only advice i would give is FLY ! The bus on the Cambodia side may not even be a bus, and the road is definetly not what you or i would call a road. This is all 2nd hand info, i have never done the trip myself, but i've read many stories on forums and know of freinds that have and ALL said it was as absolute nightmare, and not worth saving the few dollars. Plenty of bucket airlines around these days, check them out.

Dinghy
03-24-06, 11:45
Well, I HAVE made that trip (Aran to Siem Riep). The worst part is the DUST (last year anyway - did it in June) - the cab was leaving a rooster tail of red clay dust maybe 500m long behind us. Some of the potholes were large enough to swallow mini-busses and it gets "rough" about 10km out of Zwei (after the pavement quit - the dust was immediate, the rough road came a "bit" later). There are advantages and disadvantages to flying - is IS a bit more money but it also IS a LOT less time and just a small bit of visa hassle since you can get it at the airport on arrival (and it is REALLY $20 at the airport). Of course, if you want to go from BKK-SR, there aren't too many options in airlines. Coming out of PP (or SR on a return) there is a $25 airport tax (double don muang) But even with that, I would rather fly (unless I just want an "experience" - and believe me, once you experience it, you WILL fly the next time)

Total travel time (assuming you get the 6am train BKK to Aran to SR) is about 12 hours including the border hassles FLY is about 1 hour plus the airport hassles, the higher price, getting to/from the airport. In your case, since you are coming out of CM, you wouldn't take the "southern route" thru Trat - but it is a nice diversion even if it is a 4 hour boat ride from Ko Kong to snooky and another 4 bus ride from Snooky to PP, then another 5 or 6 PP to SR (can't make it in one day) - won't make the connection on Snooky.

So the advice is to bite the bullet and fly (at least to PP)

Mc Fly XXX
03-27-06, 15:45
Just booked 3 nites in BKK. Anyone wanto to join for a beer and some girls?

Then PM me.

The Traveler
03-27-06, 22:15

thanks
Phantomtiger,

I just did that tour with Royal Orchid (Thai Air) but by air. A decent 3-4 days/nights package tour will be around 15.000+ baht.

Phantomtiger2
03-27-06, 23:33
Phantomtiger,

I just did that tour with Royal Orchid (Thai Air) but by air. A decent 3-4 days/nights package tour will be around 15.000+ baht.

Thanks all bros for replies,
Guess I will fly instead, so will start checking on any good/inexpensive packages to Siem Reap.

PT

Meaty
03-28-06, 05:36
the below will now take place on saturday the 8th of april, to avoid the songkran closures, so if you're in town and want to join, drop me a pm, all those that confirmed for the 13th, apologies, but things were getting tough, please re-confirm for saturday the 8th of april kicking off at 10am in [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) on soi 8

so, songkran is coming up and a good friend of mine, sidthesexist will be in town. we have decided to have a full day of fun, and would like to invite fellow brothers to join us.
this is our plan for thursday the 13th of april 2006, feel free to join in at any stage of the events. the plan is to expose ourselves to plenty of p4p but not blow a hole in the bank by doing it. experienced and new members are invited, even those who fail to rtff before posting are welcome ! so here is the schedule, and then below that are field reports i have found relating to each venue to give you a taster of what to expect.
if you want to confirm you’ll be there or want more info just drop me a pm. i’ve no doubt events will continue into the early hours, but any more preparation than the below and we all know it won’t be stuck too !

schedule
10:00am – [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) bar, bbbj, sukhumvit soi 8

11:00am – gullivers tavern, breakfast, pool, and breaking the ice, sukhumvit soi 5

12:30pm – eden club, sukhumvit soi 7/1

2:30pm – a bar beer (name tbc) drinks, war & wh0re stories and pool, same soi as eden club

4:00pm – aviva massage, relaxing ttm or om, where extras are available if you want, sukhumvit soi 8

5:30pm – the dollhouse a go go, take advantage of the happy hour prices, soi cowboy

7:00pm – suzi wongs, to see the infamous shows, soi cowboy

8:30pm – entrance to nana plaza, to stitch up some bible bashers with katoeys and knuckle sandwiches ! (just kidding)

and from there, well who knows…….

fr’s or info on each venue
to save bandwidth i have edited out some parts

[CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) bar - sukhumvit soi 8, enter soi, take 2nd small soi on right, bar 20m up on left
credit to piper1 from another forum, posted on 28th december 2005

budget – 700 for bbbj, 1,100 for fs, 1,600 for on site st

gullivers tavern – sukhumvit soi 5, same soi as foodland, 20m further into soi on right
couldn’t find anything recent on this place, but it’s a huge sports type bar, loads of pool tables, air con, decent enough grub, big tv screens, and fl’s

eden club – sukhumvit soi 7/1, walk along sukhumvit, past soi 7, take the next soi, (7/1), club is 15m up on your right hand side, look for the big wooden door.
this isn’t a fr, but a list of services available from no other than eden papa

budget –2 ladies, 3,200 includes everything, 1.5 hrs

a bar beer – in soi 7/1 a few doors along from eden
no fr required, it’s just a beer bar !

aviva massage – soi 8, enter soi 8 from sukhumvit, take the first small soi on the right, its about 15m up on the left, http://www.avivabkk.com/
credit to slipkid from another forum, posted on 21st february 2006

credit to ibfarang from another forum, posted on 23rd february 2006

budget – 1hr oily 400, 1.5hr oily 600, 2 hr oily 800, tips as mentioned in fr above

dollhouse a go go – soi cowboy, coming from asoke end, walk half way down soi cowboy and its on your left, purple and yellow colour.
no fr’s required, it’s a go go bar, but happy hour was around 50baht a drink
http://www.dollhouse-agogo.com/girls-bangkok.html

suzi wong – a little further down the soi on your right
no fr’s required, it’s a go go bar

Meaty
03-28-06, 05:38
..Or you can join in our ISG hook up on the 13th of April so other bro's also note your unattendance...
Note the date change OTG/Prov01, the ISG hook up is now set for Saturday the 8th of April, so if you do join, be there on the 8th not the 13th.

1Ball
03-28-06, 06:08
Anyone know which airlines fly to Ranong from BKK ? I have checked OneTwoGo, Nok, air Asia, and come up empty.

I have also checked to TG site, which states they fly there, but no matter what dates I enter, it comes up as unavailable.

Thank you

Meaty
03-28-06, 06:57
Anyone know which airlines fly to Ranong from BKK ? I have checked OneTwoGo, Nok, air Asia, and come up empty.
I have also checked to TG site, which states they fly there, but no matter what dates I enter, it comes up as unavailable.
Thank you
Not sure they're still around but Phuket Air do the service
http://www.phuketairlines.com/about/about_affiliated.html
scroll down towards the bottom half of the page and the flight times and contact details are all there.
Good luck.

1Ball
03-28-06, 15:42
Thanks Meaty, Phuket air has ceased operations. Actually most of their aircraft seem to be losing parts, parked on the tarmac at Don Muang. From what I hear, it is doubtful they will start up again.
Any other airline fly to Ranong ?

Sponsor74
03-28-06, 17:10
Thanks Meaty, Phuket air has ceased operations. Actually most of their aircraft seem to be losing parts, parked on the tarmac at Don Muang. From what I hear, it is doubtful they will start up again.
Any other airline fly to Ranong ?
not sure BUT I believe I have seen this air line in the black list in Europe. Therefore. be carefull and check it first before you flight with this airline

Freeler
03-28-06, 17:43
Phuket air,

Was indeed blacklisted and not permitted to land in several EU countries.
Latest I heard is that they are 'upgrading' their fleet by buying old/redundant KLM planes.
Yeah, great idea!
Better say a prayer before you board...

Plugger
03-28-06, 17:55
Guys, airasia in Malaysia is abandoning a lot of their regional flights into Thailand. Apparently now the only 2 destinations available from Kuala Lumpur will be Bangkok and Phuket. Also I hear they have plans to cancel some flights within Thailand as well.

1Ball
03-28-06, 18:26
As I mentionned Phuket air is DEAD. As you land at Don Muang, if you land on the left on the golf course, you can clearly see "the fleet" of Phuket air aircrafts, some with missing engines, some with missing doors, etc. There is also an old 742, sitting at Jakarta airport, which is also being stripped.
Phuket air was banned into Europe over a year ago, it was just a matter of time as to when they would be 100% grounded.

NoCBJ4Me
03-29-06, 19:41
meaty,

wish i could go on the bar crawl with you but i had to leave for home last week. call [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) about arriving at 10am because they normally don't open until 11am.

have one for me! and a beer too!

nocbj4me

the below will now take place on saturday the 8th of april, to avoid the songkran closures, so if you're in town and want to join, drop me a pm, all those that confirmed for the 13th, apologies, but things were getting tough, please re-confirm for saturday the 8th of april kicking off at 10am in [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) on soi 8

Freeler
04-03-06, 19:37
from today's BKK Post:
Airport '7 months behind schedule'

(TNA) - The director of the new Suvarnabhumi Airport claimed the project was on time and would be ready by next month - but hours later his boss Deputy Transport Minister Chainant Charoensiri said the controversial airport would not be ready before 2007.

It will take at least seven months to give the finishing touches to the airport, said Gen Chainant.

It is impossible for the Suvarnabhumi airport to be opened commercially in June as planned, because it will take seven months to test systems and to complete unfinished work such as furnishing about 200 shops in the passenger terminals.

In addition, the specialised heavy-duty canvas used to cover the roof needed repairing and it would take about seven months, he said.

Somchai Sawadeephol, the airport director, said just hours earlier that everything at the airport was excellent, the last testing of the Information Management System (AIMS) was under way, and finishing touches and all decorating would be finished by the end of next month.

Mr Somchai said the Airports of Thailand Plc has approved the decoration plans, and airlines have submitted their documents for moving their offices into the airport. He said there has been much progress overall.

Gen Chainant begged to differ. The state-of-the-art IT connections for about 40 systems have not been completed and each system and the overall system must be tested prior to the airport's functional opening, he said.

The International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) will inspect Suvarnabhumi Airport before the commercial opening, Gen Chainant said. It is too soon to talk about the commercial opening now. - (BP, TNA)

JuiceSpike
04-03-06, 22:55
Since the project is behind schedule and over budget why don't they scrap the idea of having planes land there and turn it into a mega gogo bar complex with short time hotels and use the runway as a parking lot with food stalls.

Juices

Retired Army
04-03-06, 23:07
Since the project is behind schedule and over budget why don't they scrap the idea of having planes land there and turn it into a mega gogo bar complex with short time hotels and use the runway as a parking lot with food stalls.

Juices
This is a hell of a good idea! The baggage conveyor can be a moving gogo stage.

Fast Eddie 48
04-04-06, 21:55

Juices

to juice

This is not a bad idea , I am sure that thaskin will approve if he get a cut of
the actions.

fast eddie 48

Roamer7
04-07-06, 02:28
To all you experienced travelers:

I have 14 days to travel and get some pix to post in here, but my experienced is limited to only 4 previous trips to Costa Rica.

What is the best to get the most: travel to one country only (Brazil, Columbia, Thailand, Philippines, or Indonesia) or travel to several Central American countries?
Please please PM and/or include U.S. phone#. I truly appreciate any coaching from you experienced/ senior members.

Thx.

Retired Army
04-07-06, 21:54

I have 14 days to travel and get some pix to post in here, but my experienced is limited to only 4 previous trips to Costa Rica.

What is the best to get the most: travel to one country only (Brazil, Columbia, Thailand, Philippines, or Indonesia) or travel to several Central American countries?
Please please PM and/or include U.S. phone#. I truly appreciate any coaching from you experienced/ senior members.

Thx.

What the hell do we know about Central America? IMHO I would rather go to one country, establish a operating base, and then make short trips out into the country for a couple of days until I have a good understanding of the country and the people.

Freeler
04-08-06, 07:54
new airport 'will not be open in july'

construction delays, cost increases blamed

amornrat mahitthirook
the contractor has admitted that suvarnabhumi airport cannot open in july, as caretaker prime minister thaksin shinawatra announced, due to delays in construction and cost increases. a source at the transport ministry said the new airport could not meet the july opening schedule because many construction jobs were delayed, which held up operational tests.

to speed up construction, parties responsible for the project intend to divert over 40 construction contracts to fast outsourcing, without open bidding contests. the practice could lead to favours of specifications for particular contractors, the source said.

''all parties know that the airport cannot open this july but no one dare speak out, fearing that it could deal a blow to mr thaksin, who made the announcement.

''if the opening was postponed until december, those 40 contracts would be subject to open bidding contests,'' the source said.

many airlines had expressed concern over the delay and doubted the airport would open in july, the source added.

a source in ito joint venture, the constructor of the airport, said it needed another three to four more months to finish work and officials responsible for the project were already aware of the situation.

a source at airports of thailand plc (aot) said that, apart from delayed construction, ito joint venture was demanding an additional six billion baht from aot for increasing construction work at the new bangkok airport.

the joint venture led by italian-thai development plc said it had to do more work than specified in its original contract but aot has not agreed to the additional sum. the dispute is also delaying completion of the airport.

according to the source, more construction work was assigned because the government wanted to increase the capacity of the new airport from 30 million passengers a year to 45 million.

higher costs of raw materials also add to the dispute.

to settle the issue, aot asked a committee of outsiders to examine the additional construction work and compared the cost claim with market prices.

the committee consists of representatives from the engineering institute of thailand, the association of siamese architects, the council of engineers, the office of the attorney-general, the comptroller-general's department and the ministries of transport and commerce.

earlier the joint venture demanded an extra two billion baht, but the aot approved only 600 million baht. the final additional cost should not reach the six-billion-baht claim, the source said.

the original cost of the new airport stood at 120 billion baht.

suvarnabhumi airport director somchai sawasdeepon said verification of the extra money claimed would delay the airport's opening but careful consideration was worth the time.

however, caretaker transport minister pongsak raktapongpaisal insisted yesterday that the airport could open in july and don muang airport would close at that time.

he said luggage conveyors and scanners next to the western runway have been tested, but the tests for those near the eastern runway had just started. the tests will be completed next month.

signalling systems for aprons and taxi-ways have been tested and the airport hotel will open next month when the public will be welcomed to visit the new airport, he said.

the roofing of the concourse buildings will be replaced in june simultaneously with repairs to leaks in the roof of the airport information management system building.

tests of aircraft refuelling systems will start next month

Seeko
04-10-06, 13:04
Could someone in BKK look around at a local travel agency and inform me how much it is for a round-trip tix from BKK to Manila after Songkran?

(The THAI online booking lists 15240 Bt with tax.)

Thanks in advance...
Seeko

The Traveler
04-10-06, 19:53
Seeko,

why not ask them yourself ?

I have made good experiences with the below travel agent during the last two decades (almost).
They are located in Soi Nana, directly at the Nana parking lot.

JP TRAVEL

TEL: +66(0)2-254-9989 / 02-254-8777 / 02-252-9644
FAX: +66(0)2-255-2233

mail : jean@jptravel.co.th

NoCBJ4Me
04-10-06, 20:16
Roamer 7

It all depends on what you want to do -to sightsee or hunt for pussy.

Since the purpose of this forum is pussy hunting, I assume that's what you want.

It also depends on what type woman you are attracted to. If you try to move around too much, you will spend half your vacation time in transit. I say go to one place and Thailand, for me, has the best bang for the buck. Thailand has lots of women. Women / living is relatively cheap there. I've also heard similar reports about Brazil.

If you want info on Costa Rica, Brazil, or other countries, you won't find it here - go to that countries ISG thread.

Good Luck

Thx.

Seeko
04-11-06, 15:34
why not ask them yourself ?
JP TRAVEL

TEL: +66(0)2-254-9989 / 02-254-8777 / 02-252-9644
FAX: +66(0)2-255-2233

mail : jean@jptravel.co.th
Will do. Thanks... I owe you a drink.

Seeko

Bob1000
04-11-06, 18:59
I am heading to BKK next week. I have been to places such as Pattaya, Phuket and ChangMai. I plan to visit Hua Hin next. Any advise on places to stay and the best way to get there.

The Traveler
04-11-06, 20:20
Seeko,

buy Coma that drink.
He was walking up Suk to get me the contact info a few months ago cause I lost their business card and couldn't find the info on the net. Stupid me was looking for PT Travel :(

Rebad
04-12-06, 05:10
What are the dates for Cobra Gold 2006.

And does it present a problem for an regular guy to find women in BKK and Pattaya during this time?

Retired Army
04-12-06, 13:20

And does it present a problem for an regular guy to find women in BKK and Pattaya during this time?

Minimal impact on BKK, might want to stay away from Pattaya during C.G. I was down there once during C.G. and it was just "stupid."

Seeko
04-12-06, 13:53
Probably, the same time frame as last year--May.
http://www.apan-info.net/cobragold/

A "regular guy" will always have a problem finding women in BKK and Pattaya. One must be a philantropist, eccentric, or plain crazy to meet and hook up with a TG.

Seeko
04-12-06, 13:56
Seeko,
buy Coma that drink.
He was walking up Suk to get me the contact info a few months ago cause I lost their business card and couldn't find the info on the net.
Ok, but he might have to wait longer than expected.
I might go straight to Manila, vice a twin-city tour. Sigh...
Seeko

1Ball
04-12-06, 19:47
For those wanting to travel in September, CX has a pretty good deal. 699$ to HKG, and only an additional 24$ to go onto BKK SIN, DPS. Check it out.

http://www.travelzoo.com/Top20.asp?id=100235221

Jaimito Cartero
04-12-06, 19:57
For those wanting to travel in September, CX has a pretty good deal. 699$ to HKG, and only an additional 24$ to go onto BKK SIN, DPS. Check it out.

Yes, this is a good rate. I believe Jakarta is on the list as well. You can credit many CX fares to American Airines too (but check for sure before you book).

Fast Eddie 48
04-13-06, 20:09

to I ball

That is not included tax with airport and fuel tax need to add $ 180 usd more
fuel tax is up 200 % in 3 yr .

fast eddie 48

1Ball
04-13-06, 22:47
Fast Eddie, so I guess it's a shitty deal.
Do like me, fly 1st. You never have to shop around for deals.

Piper1
04-14-06, 21:29
I'll be in BKK late May for about 6 days. One or more of those days I'll be working at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre. The official hotel for my stay is Dusit Thani. I've RTFF and found only one report on Dusit Thani Hotel - a guy stayed there in the 90s and they wouldn't let him bring his girl in. Anyone have updates on the Dusit?

Or recommendations for other hotels near the convention centre?

Please don't make me stay at Livingstones - Giotto 1Ball and Meaty have sadistic plans for me, involving buffet left-overs, chandalier attachments and the four-person jacuzzi (all at the same time).

But seriously, Livingstones could be an option if it's close enough. I don't know the area.

cheers

Piper

1Ball
04-14-06, 22:51
I'll be in BKK late May for about 6 days. One or more of those days I'll be working at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre. The official hotel for my stay is Dusit Thani. I've RTFF and found only one report on Dusit Thani Hotel - a guy stayed there in the 90s and they wouldn't let him bring his girl in. Anyone have updates on the Dusit?

Or recommendations for other hotels near the convention centre?

Please don't make me stay at Livingstones - Giotto 1Ball and Meaty have sadistic plans for me, involving buffet left-overs, chandalier attachments and the four-person jacuzzi (all at the same time).

But seriously, Livingstones could be an option if it's close enough. I don't know the area.

cheers

Piper
Piper, as Freeler likes to say, Google is our friend.

[url]http://www.qsncc.co.th/about_qsncc/ncc_map.htm[/url

Giotto's den of iniquity (ooops, my rates just went up 300% ) is not far from Novotel on soi 33. So it looks like an easy walk, or a leisurely 2 hour cab ride. If you are afraid of the chandeliers, and the Jacuzzi, there are many suitable hotels in the area.

The Westin is good and totally GF, however the set up there is very strange. You have to take an elevator to the 7th floor, get out, walk through the lobby onto another elevator. People might stare as you walk in with 3 nasties on your arm. and of course, with your histrionics, you will probably need to check out every morning, due to neighbor complaints ;)

Of course, if you stay at the Westin, it is less than 2 minutes to the MRT, and 1 stop only to "the Queen". you can get the Westin on Priceline for about 75-80$, but you might end up at the Marriott. That is the gamble with Priceline. There are worse things, the Marriott is VERY GF, and 1 minute to NEP.

Pros and cons, pros and cons....so many choices.

Giotto
04-15-06, 06:49
Piper, as Freeler likes to say, Google is our friend.

[url]http://www.qsncc.co.th/about_qsncc/ncc_map.htm[/url

Giotto's den of iniquity (ooops, my rates just went up 300% ) is not far from Novotel on soi 33. So it looks like an easy walk, or a leisurely 2 hour cab ride. If you are afraid of the chandeliers, and the Jacuzzi, there are many suitable hotels in the area.

The Westin is good and totally GF, however the set up there is very strange. You have to take an elevator to the 7th floor, get out, walk through the lobby onto another elevator. People might stare as you walk in with 3 nasties on your arm. and of course, with your histrionics, you will probably need to check out every morning, due to neighbor complaints ;)

Of course, if you stay at the Westin, it is less than 2 minutes to the MRT, and 1 stop only to "the Queen". you can get the Westin on Priceline for about 75-80$, but you might end up at the Marriott. That is the gamble with Priceline. There are worse things, the Marriott is VERY GF, and 1 minute to NEP.

Pros and cons, pros and cons....so many choices.

1Ball,

that's a funny map somehow, QSNCC is closer to the SET building than to the text in that map in the center of the smaller Sukhumvit roads...

"den of iniquity", I had to check the dictionary first...Hmmm.

No surcharge. This time it is worse than that. We will simply add your last remaining one to our chandelier, when you come here, better stay in Nana hotel...:)

Piper1,

Cannot recommend to walk from Livingstone's to there, it is really hot here. To go there I would cross Sukhumvit road and catch a taxi. Most probably the taxi would go through the small side roads to Rama 4 and turn right at the SET building. 5 min. . But unpredictable in the rush hours.

To take no risks: Skytrain to Asoke, underground to QNSCC. 10 min. all together.

Westin is closer to QSNCC. But Livingstone's the unique "den of iniquity".

Giotto

Ljohnson
04-15-06, 10:24
I plan to arrive in Pattaya May 25. I want to stay for 3 days or so and then fly to the Phillipines for another 3 days or so before returning to BKK.

Can I buy my r/t ticket for BKK-MNL-BKK from a travel agent in Pattaya? Will I get a different price than if I book it before leaving the U.S.? If I can do this I will have some added flexibilty, but I don't know if it's possible.

Thanks for any advice. I've never used a travel agent outside the U.S. and am a bit nervous about doing so.

LJohnson

Freeler
04-15-06, 11:15
Ljohnson,

We people living outside the US always turn to US based travel agents for our tickets, because we don't trust our own:rolleyes:.

Yes, there are travel agents in Pattaya. Yes you will get a different price - it will be higher or lower.
And, :eek:OH MY GOD:eek:, they will charge you in local currency!

1Ball
04-15-06, 11:45
.....when you come here, better stay in Nana hotel...:).....Giotto
OOOOOH. How did you know it is my favorite. Everything there is so new and Soooo elegant. No contest, Giotto, sorry. ;)

1Ball
04-15-06, 11:50
LJ, Traveler gave an email addy a couple of days ago. I use a very good one in BKK on soi 11, inside the Ambassador. I know it is not Pattaya, but if you need their contact info, PM me. I have known them for a while, and can vouch to their honesty. I have even bought a tix from them via email, faxed them my CC info, and they FedEx me my ticket.
You should have no problem finding a travel agetn in Pattaya though. just make sure they are not in a small cubbyhole and only take cash.

Phantomtiger2
04-15-06, 18:48
Ljohnson,

Yes, there are travel agents in Pattaya. Yes you will get a different price - it will be higher or lower.
And, :eek:OH MY GOD:eek:, they will charge you in local currency!

Which right now may not be that great as the $US is dropping against the stronger baht.

Retired Army
04-19-06, 03:17
Does anyone have any inside informnation on a ticket from BKK to FRA? Checked the internet and can't find a deal.

Mercboy
04-19-06, 10:26
Anyone in BKK April 26-30?

Duniawala
04-20-06, 14:56
Does anyone have any inside informnation on a ticket from BKK to FRA? Checked the internet and can't find a deal.
Let's face it. The oil prices are going up and up. It has crossed the $70 mark and speculation is it will go throuh $120 by the end of the year. Also, the airlines have cut back on their capacity.

I would say it would be an extremely difficult event if you could find a "deal".

Retired Army
04-20-06, 17:46
I would say it would be an extremely difficult event if you could find a "deal".

Best price I could find was 31,000 THB on Emirates: BKK-Dubai-FRA.

Also, Royal Brunei is suppose to have some deals, but I can't get on the internet. Have to visit my travel agent on Suk Soi 11.

Sean_Double
04-20-06, 18:17
Retired Army,

The 31,000 is a good deal if it includes all the taxes and fuel surcharges. KLM has a BKK-FRA fare that is good thru June for 22,000 bht. (@$564.00), but after you add all the taxes etc, its $806.00 or just under 31,000.

Thats the baseline lowest fare. If your agent on soi 11 can do that or better go for it.

Cheers,

Sean

Fast Eddie 48
04-20-06, 22:04
I will be in brazil next month for business from the US , do anyone know the
a good air fare from sao paulo to bkk , best I got so far is lufhansa to franfurt
and thai air to bkk $ 1245 usd.

fast eddie 48

Retired Army
04-20-06, 22:17
I will be in brazil next month for business from the US , do anyone know the
a good air fare from sao paulo to bkk , best I got so far is lufhansa to franfurt
and thai air to bkk $ 1245 usd.

fast eddie 48

That's not bad. I am paying $800 from BKK-FRA

The Wanderer
04-26-06, 13:50
Planning on being in Pattaya.

Does any one fancy a beer or two?

Wadzilla
05-08-06, 07:29
Will be in BangKok from the 3rd of july till the 6th.

Anyone here interested in catching up for beer/mongering :)

Duniawala
05-11-06, 18:32
Unfortunately won;t be making it to the Livingstone's pool party on the 27th. However, so far 2 of us are getting to gether on May 18, 7 pm at the Sports bar. Any other ISG members wants to join, make it there.

Sean_Double
05-20-06, 17:12
I've got a ticket to come to BKK from San Francisco next week and return on June 22 on United Airlines. It was a pretty good deal, but is non refundable.
Here's my dilemma: I'm coming home with my TGF and can't get her on the same flights or airline for that matter for under about $800.00 one way BKK-SFO. Asiana or Korean have flights available for about $450.00, but it'd be nice to be on the same plane.
I'm here in the U.S. and can't get my hands on the back page of a Bangkok Post or remember the names of the agencies on soi 11 that usually have discounts that are unavailable here for BKK originating flights.
Any experience with an agency that might have good fares on United in BKK would be greatly appreciated and will be rewarded with beer.

Cheers,
Sean

1Ball
05-20-06, 22:05
Sean Double, I use a travel agency on soi 11, inside the Ambassador hotel. Their name is Privilege travel, the girl's name is Punyavee. Very trustworthy.
kast@samart.co.th

Terry Terrier
05-21-06, 01:33
Sean,

The Bangkok Post has a list of travel advertisers online here:

www.bangkokpost.com/classifieds/inside.html

Whilst I'm not disputing 1ball's recommend (or anyone else's), I've found New Line Travel (Honey Hotel branch) to be very reliable, tel: +66 2651-0021.

Ljohnson
05-21-06, 20:29
My buddy and I will arrive BKK on May 28 after 4 nights in the Philippines (A.C.) We will proceed directly to Pattaya where we have rooms at the Dynasty Inn. Will remain in Pattaya until May 31. On that day we return to BKK to meet my Bangladeshi fiance (I know, I know) who is flying in from Dhaka; her first time ever outside Bangladesh. It should be interesting.

And so it goes.

LJohnson

Abse2
05-22-06, 09:53
I myself and my friend are arriving in Bangkok on the afternoon 12th June at the budget hotel Nana and then departing for Pattaya 3 days later.

This is our fourth trip to LOS and atleast not the last.

We still have to fully discover Bangkok as we always shoot off to Pattaya.

Anyone fancy a beer and discuss Bangkok pls pm me.

Guys anyone who is thinking off coming to Bangkok, Thai Air are still doing return fare from London Heathrow for £409.65 which is direct.

This is a good deal and I think Eva Air are not that far behind.

Hope to see you fellow mongerers out there.

EZ Feelin
05-25-06, 13:00
This is Ez Feelin, I normally post in the Bangladesh section, you may remember. I am glad to see that you have finally been able to take your Bangladeshi lady out of here. Way to go.

I hope to be in Bangkok for a few days next month, around the 21st (returning from Hongkong) and plan on staying at Giotto's Lodge/Livingstone's after reading all the positive comments in the Thailand section.

Cheers
Ez Feelin

My buddy and I will arrive BKK on May 28 after 4 nights in the Philippines (A.C.) We will proceed directly to Pattaya where we have rooms at the Dynasty Inn. Will remain in Pattaya until May 31. On that day we return to BKK to meet my Bangladeshi fiance (I know, I know) who is flying in from Dhaka; her first time ever outside Bangladesh. It should be interesting.

And so it goes.

LJohnson

Giotto
05-25-06, 13:39
This is Ez Feelin, I normally post in the Bangladesh section, you may remember. I am glad to see that you have finally been able to take your Bangladeshi lady out of here. Way to go.

I hope to be in Bangkok for a few days next month, around the 21st (returning from Hongkong) and plan on staying at Giotto's Lodge/Livingstone's after reading all the positive comments in the Thailand section.

Cheers
Ez FeelinEZ Feelin,

we prepared the Housekeeping room for you, hopefully you will not be disappointed... :) !

Giotto

Sean_Double
05-25-06, 17:14
Thanks for the heads up on the local BKK travel agents. Things worked out well, I got quotes from some of the agencies listed on the back page of the Post and Punyavee at Privilidge Travel emailed me right back with a good price.
I'll be in BKK from June 6 to the 21st. Beers on me.

Cheers,
Sean

Crypton
05-25-06, 17:18
Thanks for the heads up on the local BKK travel agents. Things worked out well, I got quotes from some of the agencies listed on the back page of the Post and Punyavee at Privilidge Travel emailed me right back with a good price.
I'll be in BKK from June 6 to the 21st. Beers on me.

Cheers,
Sean
Hey SD,

I am arriving in BKK on June 6 as well (head to Jakarta on June 12). Please PM me your e-mail and we can meet up.

Cheers.

Fast Eddie 48
05-25-06, 23:40
Hey SD,

I am arriving in BKK on June 6 as well (head to Jakarta on June 12). Please PM me your e-mail and we can meet up.

Cheers.

to sean / crypton

what is the latest air fare on thai airway jakarta to bkk one way .

fast eddie 48

1Ball
05-25-06, 23:59
to sean / crypton

what is the latest air fare on thai airway jakarta to bkk one way .
fast eddie 48
FA48, TG has expensive O/W. If you want cheap, and don't mind taking a bit longer, I suggest Air Asia.
FYI, TG R/T CGK BKK is about 450$

SidTheSexist
05-26-06, 10:02
Guys,
Im arranging for a mate of mine from back home to meet me in BKK in Aug. Been all over the net looking at prices for the flight. Is 650+GBP, really the going rate???? I remember 2 years ago, the last time I made the flight, I picked a good deal from the net for just under 500GBP or thereabouts.

The package holidays on offer seem like quite a deal, but I assume that the flight tickets will be non transferable ie, you cant cash in on a cheap deal and then change the ticket to stay longer once you arrive in BKK?????

Am I looking on the wrong sites, or is this what everyone is paying to get out here, these days?
Cheers
Sid

The Traveler
05-26-06, 16:08
Guys,
Im arranging for a mate of mine from back home to meet me in BKK in Aug. Been all over the net looking at prices for the flight. Is 650+GBP, really the going rate???? I remember 2 years ago, the last time I made the flight, I picked a good deal from the net for just under 500GBP or thereabouts.

The package holidays on offer seem like quite a deal, but I assume that the flight tickets will be non transferable ie, you cant cash in on a cheap deal and then change the ticket to stay longer once you arrive in BKK?????

Am I looking on the wrong sites, or is this what everyone is paying to get out here, these days?
Cheers
Sid
Sid,

please remember that the fuel price went up dramatically compared to two years ago. Also keep in mind that the flights in a package are usually charter flights, not scheduled ones. Therefore you can not change the date, but you can usually prolong the complete package.

Fast Eddie 48
05-26-06, 16:59
FA48, TG has expensive O/W. If you want cheap, and don't mind taking a bit longer, I suggest Air Asia.

to 1 ball

Are you sure air asia fly bkk to jakarta not according to their web site ,

fast eddie 48

Sean_Double
05-26-06, 23:30
to 1 ball

Are you sure air asia fly bkk to jakarta not according to their web site ,

fast eddie 48

Fast Eddie,
Air Asia's sells their flights by segment rather than thru fares. Air Asia does indeed fly from Bangkok to Jakarta, but you must change planes in Kuala Lumpur.
In order to use their website you then look for flights between BKK and KUL, then from KUL to Jakarta.
Most budget airlines, like Southwest in the US, use this system in their websites.

Cheers,
Sean

Terry Terrier
05-27-06, 00:25
Guys,

Cheers
Sid

Sid,

The problem you face is that though it's low season in Thailand, it's Summer school holidays in the UK. Thus, any destination (ranging from Blackpool to Brisbane) will be premium price. It may be worth Googling for non-UK travel agents and getting quotes from a few of them.

As far as I'm aware, all packages from the UK to Thailand use scheduled flights, so finding a cheap package that fits your dates may be your cheapest option. But bear in mind that package deals normally require at least two travellers in a party.

Bold Focker
05-27-06, 13:17
Guys,

I'm arranging for a mate of mine from back home to meet me in BKK in Aug. Been all over the net looking at prices for the flight. Is 650+GBP, really the going rate? I remember 2 years ago, the last time I made the flight, I picked a good deal from the net for just under 500GBP or thereabouts.

The package holidays on offer seem like quite a deal, but I assume that the flight tickets will be non transferable ie, you cant cash in on a cheap deal and then change the ticket to stay longer once you arrive in BKK?

Cheers,

SidI got a flight from Manchester with Etihad Airlines £388 via Adu Dhabi. I leave 11th July rtn 3rd August. I also got flight on 15th from bbk to phonm penh for £15 with air asia.

If anyone is about on the 12th July I would like to meet up with someone for a few beers and other things!

Dinghy
05-27-06, 13:38
Sid - I don't know in the UK but in the US there are travel agents who are "consolidators" - they sell "regular" tickets at discounts. Thus, getting from say New York to BKK goes thru an Asian destination like Tokyo or Seoul or HK. They might also want to check Aeroflot (assuming they are willing to use Aeroflot) thru Moscow but Aeroflot has a rather restricted schedule SVO-BKK.

Bold Focker
05-27-06, 21:08
The internet site I used was onlinetravel.com.

just went onto it date 11th sept to 3rd oct is still £388. i know this is not date you want but you could try other dates.

http://www.onlinetravel.com/flights/FlightResults.asp?PersistID=Q16;{0C6B56B3-802E-4625-92E0-038E33ECED82};200605271532;28800

Guys,

Cheers
Sid

Sean_Double
05-28-06, 18:51
Guys,

Cheers
Sid

Yo Sid,

Lufthansa has a London Bangkok fare that is valid Aug.1 to Sep. 30th that is 308.00GBP roundtrip. Its hard to get many dates to work because the fare is mostly sold out. This fare is available directy with Lufthansa or through travel agents.
This itinerary is available today:
1 LH4733W 09AUG LHRFRA SS1 500P 730P * WE
2 LH 782W 09AUG FRABKK SS1 1035P 155PŠ* WE/TH
3 LH 783W 02SEP BKKFRA SS1 1155P 555AŠ* SA/SU
4 LH4724W 03SEP FRALHR SS1 825A 900A * SU

Other dates may be available too.
Here's the fare breakdown:
LON LH X/FRA LH BKK 268.10WFLASH LH X/FRA LH LON 268.10WFLAS
NUC536.20END ROE0.574407
FARE GBP 308.00 EQU USD 581.00 TAX 37.74GB TAX 24.53UB TAX
.11DE TAX 31.22RA TAX 180.00YQ TOT USD 863.60

It comes to 462.00GBP with all the taxes. The reason the fares all seem high is pretty much due to all the taxes and surcharges thae airlines have tacked on the last couple of years.

Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Sean

Crypton
05-29-06, 22:58

Actually, Thai's fare (non-stop) BKK-CGK RT is a little over 14,000 baht. But you need to buy this in Thailand. The same flight costs almost $800 if booked in the US. I am planning on flying to CGK and will buy the ticket in BKK.

Fast Eddie 48
05-29-06, 23:22
Actually, Thai's fare (non-stop) BKK-CGK RT is a little over 14,000 baht. But you need to buy this in Thailand. The same flight costs almost $800 if booked in the US. I am planning on flying to CGK and will buy the ticket in BKK.

to crypton

This is kind of high i pay around 9800 baht 2 yr ago did you check with garuda
air way , Hong hong to cgk round trip is $250 us purchase in hk last yr with
cathay pacific , air asia need to go to KL first and it take too long , I am plan
this trip on aug .

fast eddie 48

ThaiLearner
05-30-06, 13:11
You could try

www.travelsupermarket.com

ThaiLearner
05-30-06, 13:19
Hi there

I will be arriving in Thailand on the 24/9/06 flight QF2 at 1535hrs and will revisit pattaya and also have plans to visit Phuket .

Does anyone wish to hang out anytime?

Also not sure which way around to visit Phuket 1st then Pattaya 2nd.

I will then return home early on the 08/10/06

Dinghy
05-30-06, 17:38
If you go to Phuket first, you can FLY to Utapao (the airport is 1 hour or so from Pattaya - less by minibus) from Phuket (Bangkok Air) and save a lot of the transport hassle

ThaiLearner
05-30-06, 20:01
Thanks for that

What advice do you have for Phuket .

Eg where to stay, best bar & go go .

Also do you know much on who provides good cheap sea fishing and Padi scuba diving

1Ball
05-30-06, 22:02
Crypton, what you are suggesting doesn't work!
He wants to fly CGK BKK, not the other way around. And while BKK CGK BKK is actually B11,000, not B14,000, the flight CGK BKK CGK is US$450 on TG.
However, the best way to go O/W is still Air Asia, even though it is a pain as you actually have to clear customs in KLIA, and check in again, so make sure there is plenty of transit time.

Rockabilly77
06-01-06, 02:51
Hey all!

Will be arriving in BKK on June 14th and will be heading to pattaya first while, then from there wherever and whenever we feel like moving on we will.

I am 29 and my buddy is 51. (no he isnt my dad). LOL

We are from Canada and I've been to LOS once last year around the same time.

We like to party so if anyone wants to meet anywhere and have a couple and share some stories, let me know.

Dinghy
06-01-06, 18:06
Rock - either take or buy an umbrella. It was getting pretty wet at times last week when I left (but that might have been from the remnants of the typhoon over China.)

Rockabilly77
06-02-06, 07:47
Rock - either take or buy an umbrella. It was getting pretty wet at times last week when I left (but that might have been from the remnants of the typhoon over China.)Thnx for the advice. I don't mind the rain, after all ill be sitting in a beer bar most of my days anyways.

Any ideas on the soi I am refering to?

Dinghy
06-03-06, 04:50
Go see my response in PATTAYA HOTELS - 10 and it's probably Eastiny Residence as another noted

Oh - you might not like it if it gets steamy after a downpour - Thai outdoor SAUNA

Rockabilly77
06-03-06, 18:39
Go see my response in PATTAYA HOTELS - 10 and it's probably Eastiny Residence as another noted

Oh - you might not like it if it gets steamy after a downpour - Thai outdoor SAUNALast time we were there at the sametime and found the rain not to be bad at all. Perhaps theis year may be diffrent but i beleive there was only a few days of bad rain.

I like the fact there is alot less people around at that time. All the complexs are almost empty so trolling for your nights catch is alot easier.

Bold Focker
06-06-06, 00:18
I will be arriving in BKK on the 12th July for 3 days, I will then be going to PP in cambodia until the 28th July. I then come back to BKK until the 3rd August.

Would like to meet up with fellow mongers, if you are about during these times, PM and will will meet up for a beer.

Rockabilly77
06-06-06, 02:10
One week left till we are in Patty!

Does anyone want to meet up? Let me know. I will be spending alot of time @ lucifer!

JuiceSpike
06-07-06, 15:56
I kind of like the rain as long as it does not last the whole day... Besides, who pays too much attention to the weather when your are busy pussy hunting. :D

juices

Rockabilly77
06-09-06, 08:26
I kind of like the rain as long as it does not last the whole day... Besides, who pays too much attention to the weather when your are busy pussy hunting. :D

JuicesAgreed, seemed to me that when I was there the rain came and went so fast. Me and my buddies sat and had one beer and watched a wheel borrow get filled to the top in like 6min and then pow that was it. No more rain.

Where I am from it rains 70% of the time anyways so whatever.

Besides, your either on the hunt for a hole or your pluggin a hole, so who gives fuck what's going on outside!

:)

Gilgamesh
06-13-06, 21:43
I don't post much, and most of my experiences are in TJ (AB) I was wondering about the best times of year to come and visit. :) I'm trying to "branch" out and see what other places have to offer for my next vacation.

Thanks

Long Time Boy
06-14-06, 07:02
This is when the weather is milder and the rain less likely. But, then again, anytime is a good time for LOS.