PDA

View Full Version : Travel Announcements Only (No questions or comments please)

Pages : [1] 2

Admin
01-01-00, 02:00
2007 Travel Plans & Announcements

Member #4147
01-04-07, 05:48
Greetings & Happy New Year!

I begin my 2nd BKK visit next week, morning of Jan. 10th, staying at the Majestic Grande for 7 nts. Would like to expand my horizons beyond Nana. Soi Cowboy time! Might be nice as I'm traveling solo to meet up w/seasoned soi dogs. Send a pm if you wouldn't mind helping a newbie.

Thanks in advance

Fun Times69
01-08-07, 09:36
If anyone is unfortunate enough to be travelling to Bangkok via Doha from Europe book a place in their business class lounge. Doha is a hellish airport to hang around in waiting for a connecting flight.

I experienced 6 hours waiting for my flight to the UK back in November and the facilities offered to economy class passengers are possibly the worst I've ever seen in any airport that claims to be a hub.

http://www.dohaairport.com/services_almaha.html?linksr09

It costs about £14 GBP to sit on a comfortable chair watching TV and getting free refreshments. Anyone who has experienced Doha before would recommend this without hesitation. You have to book it in advance so don't think you can turn up and hand over the money once you realise you'd kill yourself without getting into the lounge.

Ultra Pilot - I was a newbie too and still am. Hang out in Livingstone's a bit and you'll meet up with other mongers very quickly and get some brilliant tips. The food and atmosphere is great too. If I were you I'd cancel my booking with the other hotel and stay at Livingstones. Its really good - have a great time!

Member #2041
01-08-07, 18:39
I experienced 6 hours waiting for my flight to the UK back in November and the facilities offered to economy class passengers are possibly the worst I've ever seen in any airport that claims to be a hub.
Does this include Suvarnabhumi? Where they haven't got chairs or restrooms?

Fun Times69
01-09-07, 08:14
Does this include Suvarnabhumi? Where they haven't got chairs or restrooms?

I didn't notice much about Suvarnabhumi as I was looking forward to my final destination far too much when I arrived and managed to get to the airport only 1 hour before my flight was due to depart when I was leaving. Total time spent there probably less than two hours!

I did notice that the taxi rank was hard to find because its on a lower level, wierd really. And it does look rather grubby even through its only a couple of months old - they should have done a much better job.

Back to Doha - OMG! I'm using Qatar again in March for my next trip to LOS and that airport renders anyone brain dead unless you plan ahead.

Capt JB
01-11-07, 02:44
I am spending the Month of Feb in LOS and plan to fly down to Phuket for a vew days to do some diving. Any suggestions on the best airline to use for this?

ThaiLearner
01-11-07, 11:50
I am spending the Month of Feb in LOS and plan to fly down to Phuket for a vew days to do some diving. Any suggestions on the best airline to use for this?

I flew from bangkok to Phuket with Thai air chose them as i wanted a good connecting flight when I arrived from London. I got my bags checked through and the flight was very good on time they provide food and drink included in the price. You can also use

Air Asia
Bangkok Air
Nok Air
Fly12go

Prices very have also used Bangkok air from Phuket to Pattaya and they were also very good.

Member #2041
01-11-07, 17:56
Nok Air and Air Asia will be the least expensive - unless you have alot of luggage - the discount airlines have tight baggage restrictions and anything over 15 kilos will get you a surcharge.

1-2 Go is also a discounter, but they run big 747 jets on the short haul flight, so it will take you as long to board and disembark the plane as the flight itself takes.

1Ball
01-17-07, 00:55
This may be of interest to those planning on flying TG from JFK or LAX in the near future.

from the Bangkok post.

THAI may cut nonstop flights to US
Route revamp could affect summer service

By BOONSONG KOSITCHOTETHANA

Thai Airways International is considering replacing its direct flights to the United States with one-stop services in the wake of losses and fierce competition.

The flag carrier's non-stop Bangkok-New York service is likely to be replaced with flights with stopovers in major Chinese cities such as Beijing or Shanghai, while Bangkok-Los Angeles flights would stop in South Korea.

The change in THAI's North American operation is part of a route revamp that could affect the forthcoming summer flight timetable, beginning in April. The new timetable was not expected to see any new routes being introduced, according to THAI president Apinan Sumanaseni.

Pressured by shareholders to improve yields, THAI is taking a hard look at the economics and viability of its entire system.

Fierce competition on the so-called Kangaroo route _ flights from Australia and New Zealand _ especially by Dubai-based Emirates _ may force THAI to cut flight frequencies, he said.

Part of the revamp also involves changing the type of aircraft used. For instance, it may use the B747-400 jumbo jet, A340-600 or B777-ER on US-bound services instead of the A340-500 that holds only 200 passengers.

The higher capacity aircraft and the stopovers would help THAI to shore up profitability on those routes.

Capt Apinan conceded that THAI stood to lose some appeal by dropping its non-stop North American flights, directed over the North Pole, but it was more worried about the financial burdens these services entailed.

THAI operates five direct flights a week to New York and the same number on its Bangkok-Los Angeles route. Its services to Moscow and Johannesburg introduced last year were doing fine, he noted.

Along with making efforts to reduce operating costs and improve profitability, Capt Apinan said THAI would proceed with the previously proposed establishment of a new wholly owned airline subsidiary, tentatively known as Royal Orchid Airlines, or Euarng Luang in Thai.

The new airline would take over THAI's domestic operation, which has been suffering losses, using a more cost-effective and less complicated operating model.

The new carrier will be positioned between the conventional premium airline and the low-cost carrier. With the creation of the new airline, THAI would become a fully-fledged international carrier.

Silly Fool
01-17-07, 03:56
Lots of friendly 8s and 9s. More to come -off to find Giottos!

Mr Enternational
01-19-07, 07:35
I am leaving for BKK in the morning. I should arrive there at at midnight on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I will be staying at the NaNa and will go immediately to Angel after check in. I will be going to Livingstone's later on in the week to enjoy another delicious steak and salad. PM me if anyone wants to get together.

Hoe Hunter
01-20-07, 08:44
I will be going to Bangkok for a pleasure/business trip sometime in February.

Length of stay would probably be around 10 days.

I had a few questions, and if anyone could answer them, I would really appreciate it.

1. How much will the hotels/motels cost me on a daily basis? Iam not looking for 5 star hotels, but just normal hotels, nothing fancy.

2. I keep reading posts about sukhumvit soi #. What part of the city would be the best place to stay, and easily accessible to the bars/massage parlours/strip clubs etc.

3. On some websites that I visited, it says 700-800 Baht for a massage. Does that include full service such as oral, intercourse etc.

4. How far is Pattaya from Bangkok? Whats the best mode of transportation to get to Pattaya from Bangkok?

5. How many days should one stay in Bangkok to make the trip worth it?

6. What are the good shopping malls. From what I hear, brand name clothing such as Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, are dirt cheap.

Also, I will keep reading these forums in the days to come to keep myself more informed.

Any help from you folks will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Rikusa
01-21-07, 00:27

I had a few questions, and if anyone could answer them, I would really appreciate it.

1. How much will the hotels/motels cost me on a daily basis? Iam not looking for 5 star hotels, but just normal hotels, nothing fancy. 35-75 a day for reasonable 3-4 star. Try Majestic Grande, Grand Presidents or Livingstones lodge.

2. I keep reading posts about sukhumvit soi #. What part of the city would be the best place to stay, and easily accessible to the bars/massage parlours/strip clubs etc. I try to stay central on Sukhumvit Soi 11-15, Others prefer Soi 33 (Livingstones lodge) Depends on your needs. Me being Non-socialble like to fly alone without much interaction with other Mongers like central non club like atmosphere

3. On some websites that I visited, it says 700-800 Baht for a massage. Does that include full service such as oral, intercourse etc. No! Bargaining will be required. Remember your on Vacation, Dont be a cheap charley! you will miss some opportunities for great experiences. Also, Never choose longtime unless you've spent time with the TG and know you have a connection. I've found going into Massage places when asked to view line up. I allways have the ladies stand and ask a few questions at least. Seems to provide a little insight into my choices.

4. How far is Pattaya from Bangkok? Whats the best mode of transportation to get to Pattaya from Bangkok? 2 hours+, Depends on preference Taxi OR PRIVATE CAR are nice but 25 US. Not much but executive buses at Ekamai are quick and clean cheap forms of transportation. Dynasty grande on Soi 4 by Nana is a great location and has a hotel in Pattaya with bus service! If your staying there.

5. How many days should one stay in Bangkok to make the trip worth it?
Bored after 10 days, Dont want to leave after 30 days. Its up to you. If you encounter a special friend keep her! They are few and far between.

6. What are the good shopping malls. From what I hear, brand name clothing such as Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, are dirt cheap. malls are not cheap, Quite the opposite. The street for knock offs is cheap. But crappy products. Emporuim, silom, MBK are just a few along the BTS overhead train that runs along Sukhumvit

Also, I will keep reading these forums in the days to come to keep myself more informed.

Thanks!

Look at reports of distinction for many more educated ideas
Best advice was to not have great expectations, Just educated experiences!

Tiger 888
01-21-07, 04:04

1. How much will the hotels/motels cost me on a daily basis? Iam not looking for 5 star hotels, but just normal hotels, nothing fancy. 35-75 a day for reasonable 3-4 star. Try Majestic Grande, Grand Presidents or Livingstones lodge.
]2. I keep reading posts about sukhumvit soi #. What part of the city would be the best place to stay, and easily accessible to the bars/massage parlours/strip clubs etc. I try to stay central on Sukhumvit Soi 11-15, Others prefer Soi 33 (Livingstones lodge) Depends on your needs. Me being Non-socialble like to fly alone without much interaction with other Mongers like central non club like atmosphere
3. On some websites that I visited, it says 700-800 Baht for a massage. Does that include full service such as oral, intercourse etc. No! Bargaining will be required. Remember your on Vacation, Dont be a cheap charley! you will miss some opportunities for great experiences. Also, Never choose longtime unless you've spent time with the TG and know you have a connection. I've found going into Massage places when asked to view line up. I allways have the ladies stand and ask a few questions at least. Seems to provide a little insight into my choices.
4. How far is Pattaya from Bangkok? Whats the best mode of transportation to get to Pattaya from Bangkok? 2 hours+, Depends on preference Taxi OR PRIVATE CAR are nice but 25 US. Not much but executive buses at Ekamai are quick and clean cheap forms of transportation. Dynasty grande on Soi 4 by Nana is a great location and has a hotel in Pattaya with bus service! If your staying there.
5. How many days should one stay in Bangkok to make the trip worth it?Bored after 10 days, Dont want to leave after 30 days. Its up to you. If you encounter a special friend keep her! They are few and far between.
6. What are the good shopping malls. From what I hear, brand name clothing such as Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, are dirt cheap. malls are not cheap, Quite the opposite. The street for knock offs is cheap. But crappy products. Emporuim, silom, MBK are just a few along the BTS overhead train that runs along Sukhumvit

Thanks!

Look at reports of distinction for many more educated ideas
Best advice was to not have great expectations, Just educated experiences!
I made your questions and answers post a bit more readable.

Hoe Hunter
01-21-07, 12:04
Thanks for the prompt reply everyone.

After doing some googling today, I came across this hotel.

Its called Maxx Hotel Bangkok.

Address is 288 Rama 9 Road, Asoke-Din Daeng Huaykwang ,Bangkok,Thailand.

Its located in the Phetburi district.

Does anyone know how good the hotel is, or maybe how far it is from Sukhumvit district?

Any help is highly appreciated.

They have good room rates starting @ 45 USD.

AncntFornicatr
01-22-07, 01:32
I haven't found anything recently on the best way to get from the airport to Nana Hotel. Will be arriving about 4 pm and think the limo is overly expensive. Are the taxis on a lower level than baggage arrival. Haven't been to LOS for a couple of years so have not had the pleasure ;-) of exploring the new airport. I hope Nana still has the great breakfast spread.

1Ball
01-22-07, 07:56
Ancient F.
I have landed at "so, u wana boom" (thanks OTH, my apologies for plagiarizing) 4 times since it opened. I believe taxis are 1 floor below arrivals, however, I have always headed to departures, and hoped into a cab which had dropped off a passenger. I always insist on the meter before getting in, and it is about 250 baht all in.
have fun.

Bob Falang
01-22-07, 08:56
I will be in BKK on 25-Jan, then on to Pattaya for the weekend. I am staying at Nana in BKK, and somewhere near walking street (not sure where yet) in Pattaya.

PM if you want to hang out. I am in my early 40s and American. I work in High Tech.

AncntFornicatr
01-22-07, 21:32
Thanks for the info. I believe I will be arriving at Nana about the same time as Bob and will definitely get together in the bar for a bit of liquid refreshment. Then maybe the disco for a bit of feminine refreshment.

AncntFornicatr
01-23-07, 08:00
Tried to PM you Bob but said you were not available. I will be in the Nana bar about 7pm on the 26th.

Hoe Hunter
01-27-07, 11:09
Hey!

I was wondering if anyone knows much about Hotel Manhattan on Soi 15 on Sukhumvit road.

I booked it for 3 nights @ BHT 1200/night.

I only booked it for 3 nights, just incase it turns out to be a shithole.

Anyone had any bad/good experiences there, or know much about that hotel?

Also, should I convert US Dollars to BAHT in the U.S or will I get a better rate in BKK.
I know it does not make ton of a difference, but its always better to know, as its my first trip to South East asia.

Any help is always welcome & appreciated.

Thanks!

Devil Doc
01-28-07, 02:27
Hey!

I was wondering if anyone knows much about Hotel Manhattan on Soi 15 on Sukhumvit road.

I booked it for 3 nights @ BHT 1200/night.

I only booked it for 3 nights, just incase it turns out to be a shithole.

Anyone had any bad/good experiences there, or know much about that hotel?

Also, should I convert US Dollars to BAHT in the U.S or will I get a better rate in BKK.
I know it does not make ton of a difference, but its always better to know, as its my first trip to South East asia.

Any help is always welcome & appreciated.

Thanks!Hotel Manhatten is ok, When I last stayed their serveral years ago. Is better the Nana Hotel, but is same tyope of hotel. I prefer to stay at the Majestic. Is at 1300 baht a night.

Exchanging $ for baht ot what ever forgien currency, you alwas get better rates in the country you a re going to. Exchange enough money at the airport to get you to your hotel. IF you are arrivng late in the evening then change enough to get you to the next day. You get better rates away from the airport. This holds true for most places you go outside of the US.

DO NOT EXCHANGE ANY MONEY IN THE U.S. Rate are very bad.

If you have any other question about BKK, just PM me. I was a newbe once.

Young Wild 1
01-28-07, 12:45
Anyone looking to hang out when in town? Check out some of the night life and the ladies? Let me know. In my late 20's. PM me.

Thanks

BuleDaddy
01-29-07, 05:03
Late at night w/no traffic, what is the approx. ride time? Is the walk from Immigration to the baggage claim and out to the cabs much further than DM was?

Gangles
01-29-07, 11:37
Can anyone enlighten me please?

I had been told that one of the discount airlines intends to, or has, started direct flights between Clark Philippines and Bangkok.

Has anyone heard this?

Have these flights started?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Gangles

Billy Ibrox
01-29-07, 14:01
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6309539.stm Some changes to the new Third World airport.

http://www.thai-blogs.com/index.php?blog=5&title=buses_and_taxis_at_suvarnabhumi_airport&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1 Good lowdown on transport from the airport.

Also, as an from 1 February, the departure tax goes up to 700 baht.

I have the condoms and surgical gloves packed. Pattaya here I come.

Billy Ibrox
01-29-07, 14:58
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/

On this site. There is a huge thread on the new airport with lots of bad moutihng of the customs scammers. But no answer to my question:

how much for a taxi to Pattaya? Anyone know what they are asking?

It also says taxi guys picking up at arrivals risk getting done with 1000 baht fines.

Shomohin
01-29-07, 15:46
Late at night w/no traffic, what is the approx. ride time? Is the walk from Immigration to the baggage claim and out to the cabs much further than DM was?

About 30 minutes without traffic I would say. The hardest part is shooing away all the people trying to get you to hire them as taxi service once you exit baggage claim.

NicFrenchy
01-29-07, 16:29
Late at night w/no traffic, what is the approx. ride time? Probably been discussed before but it is much better to take a Taxi rather than a Limo.

Taxi to Nana will cost you Approx :
Meter: 200
Surcharge Airport: 50
Toll: 65
Total: approx 315 thb
Time with no Traffic can be about 30mn (from the time the taxi leaves the Airport).

Is the walk from Immigration to the baggage claim and out to the cabs much further than DM was?As far as I heard, yes, it is further. I travel inside Thailand a lot and the distance from Checkin counter to Bkk Airways or Thai Airways is very long.

I hate this new Airport!

Thor93
01-29-07, 17:44

After immigration and customs you have to find your way down to the lower levels for the taxis. The hard part is getting through the mass of people who congregate where you pop out.

Just find your way to one of the escalators that take you down a level to where the taxis are. There are signs, you just have to look for them.

LittleBigMan
01-30-07, 02:05
BuleDaddy,

My trip in October 2006, NW-27, first time in new airport. If you can avoid it don't take the glass elevator use the escalators suggested by Thor93, too small and too many people waiting. Go down to lower level, I saw two sets of taxi stand and decide to walk over to the further end. Got right in and was somewhat worry after he told me no need to tollway. He did turn on meter and it took me approximately 20 minutes, in the end he came down Sukhumvit and made a left into Soi 4, Nana Hotel. Since I had too large coolers and made it to the hotel happy with plenty of time to party in Angel Disco, I paid him 300 Baht and that included tip.
LBM

Retep1
01-30-07, 11:30
I will be in march in Pattaya and have the intention to go to the North. Can somebody tell me about flight connections to the North.

Thanks in advance

Daddy07
01-30-07, 16:57
I’ll be arriving at BKK airport February 13th at 11:40 p.m. on the United Air Lines flight from Tokyo Narita, and have arranged for a car and driver to take me directly to Pattaya at a cost of 1,200 baht plus tolls. If any of you will also be on that flight, and going to Pattaya, and would like to share the cost of the ride, please PM me for the details.

Daddy

Dinghy
01-30-07, 18:40
The only way to get north by air is to go back to BKK (which one? Beats me but at tis time it's Souwanaboum - might be Donmuang for domestic in a month or 2 but who knows - it's THAILAND, remember)

You can't get ANYWHERE by air from Pattaya unless you can flap your arms very fast...(and, no, Utapao is NOT in Pattaya - some 90km away IIRC)

Go look under travelocity.com and maybe airaisia.com as well for schedules

Phantomtiger2
01-30-07, 20:13
I will be in march in Pattaya and have the intention to go to the North. Can somebody tell me about flight connections to the North.

Thanks in advance

If you cant find a good flight schedule, dont forget there is alot of train schedules available from BKK to CM and up north.

PT

Phantomtiger2
01-30-07, 23:19
BANGKOK, Thailand (AP) -- The taxiways are cracked, the terminal has leaks and some airlines even wonder whether it's safe to fly into Thailand's new international airport.

Bangkok's sleek and modern Suvarnabhumi Airport, which opened to great fanfare in September, was supposed to transform the Thai capital into Southeast Asia's leading air hub. To say it has had a rocky start would be an understatement.

Critics at home have derided the new airport as a national embarrassment and a monument to the alleged corruption of deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Thaksin, whose administration handed out most of the airport's building contracts, was ousted in a coup just days before Suvarnabhumi opened on September 28.

"There is so much bad news about this airport -- and so much that needs to be fixed," said Yodiam Teptaranon, a board member of Airports of Thailand, or AOT, the national airport authority. "Everything seems to be happening all at once. It makes everyone concerned."

Transport Minister Thira Haocharoen recommended on Monday that Bangkok's old and now shuttered Don Muang airport be reopened for domestic flights that do not connect to international routes. The reopening, which is expected to get Cabinet approval next week, would help ease congestion while repairs are made at Suvarnabhumi and could be permanent, he said.

The most urgent problem is cracks on the tarmac. Early last week, airport authorities said that more than 100 cracks were detected in taxiways leading to Suvarnabhumi's two runways. The cracks first emerged about two weeks after the airport opened and have spread to 25 separate locations, said Somchai Sawasdeepon, the airport's general manager.

As a result, planes are unable to use 11 out of 51 air bridges for boarding aircraft, causing inconvenience to passengers who are shuttled by bus to and from their planes.

Thira, the transport minister, admitted last week that "some airlines have concerns" about the airport's safety.

Thailand's Department of Civil Aviation decided on Friday to hold off on renewing the airport's international safety certificate, known as its Aerodrome Certificate, because needed repairs to taxiways were not yet finished. The airport can continue to operate without the license.

"You're beginning to see the evidence of Thaksin's wrongdoing in this -- our mother of all airports," he told a gathering of foreign journalists on Monday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as I warned you guys last year,
Be prepared to use the old Don Muang airport again in the near future.(so far for domestic flights only but who knows as the old airport may remain open permanently.)

Cheers.

PT

Redfield10
01-31-07, 07:26
I will be staying at the Raming Lodge in Chiang Mai and also at the Indochine hotel in HCMC. Can I assume they will have hair dryers in the room? I know most hotels do, but.

Thanks!

Member #2041
01-31-07, 09:23
Utapao is not 90 km away from Pattaya. It is less than an hour by bus, and those buses don't average anything close to 90 Km/hr. I'd say it's more like 50 Km away.

However, if SoYouWannaBoom remains open, it is not much further from Pattaya.

The only way to get north by air is to go back to BKK (which one? Beats me but at tis time it's Souwanaboum - might be Donmuang for domestic in a month or 2 but who knows - it's THAILAND, remember)

You can't get ANYWHERE by air from Pattaya unless you can flap your arms very fast...(and, no, Utapao is NOT in Pattaya - some 90km away IIRC)

Go look under travelocity.com and maybe airaisia.com as well for schedules

Thor93
01-31-07, 16:35
Probably been discussed before but it is much better to take a Taxi rather than a Limo.

Taxi to Nana will cost you Approx :
Meter: 200
Surcharge Airport: 50
Toll: 65
Total: approx 315 thb
Time with no Traffic can be about 30mn (from the time the taxi leaves the Airport).

As far as I heard, yes, it is further. I travel inside Thailand a lot and the distance from Checkin counter to Bkk Airways or Thai Airways is very long.

I hate this new Airport!

If you go with the airport limos that try to snag you either right before or immediately after you get out of customs, they will cost you about 900 baht. You will be approached by their representatives as you come out. They are legitimate and will provide a receipt. Just be careful that you don't get snagged by a gypsy driver hanging out there. The legitimate guys will take you to a desk there and do the receipt before you get in the car. The advantage is they are clean, comfortable and usually pretty quick in getting you away from the airport. The problem is they are 3 times what the taxi downstairs will cost.

From a safety perspective though, they eliminate the risk of getting a beat up old taxi, with a crazy driver. Using the taxi's is often playing Russian Roulette. I find the newer the taxi, generally the better the driver, but that is not a hard and fast rule. Some of these drivers will scare the crap out of you with the way they drive. And some of the taxis are on their last legs. Luckily most are in good shape, but you might want to think twice about getting in one that looks beat up.

If you are a real high roller, book a hotel limo. The Grand Hyatt will hit you up for 2900 baht for the ride, but it is in a brand new Mercedes.

NicFrenchy
01-31-07, 16:55
If you are a real high roller, book a hotel limo. The Grand Hyatt will hit you up for 2900 baht for the ride, but it is in a brand new Mercedes.Brand new Mercedes indeed, and if you're a REAL High Roller, you'll also have a girl waiting to suck you dry in the back seat on the way to the hotel ;)

(but that will cost you about 10k)

Dinghy
02-01-07, 18:47
Utapao is not 90 km away from Pattaya. It is less than an hour by bus, and those buses don't average anything close to 90 Km/hr. I'd say it's more like 50 Km away.

However, if SoYouWannaBoom remains open, it is not much further from Pattaya.

Uuuuh - 90 km... 90 minutes (more like an hour on the bus, but - whatever... it's a ways and it's near Sattahip and you STILL can't get anywhere except Phuket or Koh Samui)

Evil Penivel
02-01-07, 20:00
Late at night w/no traffic, what is the approx. ride time?

You can get to the lower Suk area from the new airport in about 20 minutes late at night. What takes time is navigating the late-night traffic jams on and around Sukhumvit Road. Depending on where your hotel is located, it can take anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes to cover the distance between the expressway exit and your final destination. Even at 1.00 a.m in the morning, I've spent 15-20 minutes in standstill traffic around Sois 3 and 4, but that's been rare. I'd say my average time between the time the limo pulls out of the airport to arrival at my hotel has been between 35 and 45 minutes.

Is the walk from Immigration to the baggage claim and out to the cabs much further than DM was? The walk between the arrival gate and immigration control can be much longer at the new airport, but that depends to some degree on which airline you use. The distance between immigration control, baggage claim, customs and the limo departure area is roughly the same as it was at DM, maybe a bit longer, although not noticeably so. I always use the AOT limos directly outside the customs areas. The company is paying for it anyway, so I don't need to hassle with the metered taxis on the lower level and sometimes longish queues for them.

Evil

Member #2041
02-03-07, 20:40
FYI, China Airlines is running a fare special to Bangkok right now: $612 + plus Tax from the U.S. to BKK. With tax from LAX, the total fare is $687. Their flights lay over in Taiwan for just under 2 hours.

You have to book it directly on the China Airlines website, and you might have to sign up for their Dynasty Club Frequent Flyer program to get the fare (no charge).

You need to ticket the flights by Feb. 9th, and the trip has to begin before the end of March (return flight must be within 90 days of the departure). This is an outstanding fare for the peak season in Thailand.

www.china-airlines.com

Traveler1234
02-04-07, 00:35
You can get to the lower Suk area from the new airport in about 20 minutes late at night. What takes time is navigating the late-night traffic jams on and around Sukhumvit Road.
Evil

Arriving monday at 10:30 pm so will test the roads. Hopefully taxi will know backdoor to Soi 33 and not come in via Sukhumvit.

From Rama IX, during weekday 11 am time slot, took 15 minutes and B$220.

Pro Quest
02-05-07, 13:56
Hi Guys,
This is slightly off subject but I am sure that the right persons will be reading this can give me some leads.
I have the opportunity of a 3 month Contract in Bangkok, with a company I am familiar with, and would be paid based on an hourly rate, without benefits other than a car.
This would mean that I would find my own accommodation and pay my own taxes.
In order for me to budget correctly for this (hourly rate) I need to consider the cost of a couple of main items.
Accommodation - I would be living alone, but would like somewhere with internet access & ideally 2 bedrooms so that my family can visit in school holidays, ideally serviced too, although this is not essential. My office is in Vibhavadee-Rangsit Road, Khet Chatuchak Area, so an acceptable commute by public transport or car is required.
Tax - what is the basic rate of tax for Thailand for a foreigner? Or is there an English web-site where I can make some calculations.
I would prefer PM's on this subject rather than cluttering up the forum. Many Thanks PQ.

Old Thai Hand
02-05-07, 14:42
Should be in the Living in Thailand thread. But, I'll post it publicly as it may be of some interest to others.

Tax rate: depends on your salary
There are 2 types of tax rates.
a/ fixed 15% applied to foreigners.
b/ or a variable rate based on income

The variable rate will likely be the one applied.

web site: http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

accomodation: It's probably cheaper for you to live around where you are working as you're unlikely near any rapid public transit - probably only buses.

In that area a 2-BR would range from 25,000-40,000/month depending on size and location. You could of course pay more, but unlikely any less.

Opebo
02-05-07, 18:59
In that area a 2-BR would range from 25,000-40,000/month depending on size and location. You could of course pay more, but unlikely any less.

Good god, is Bangkok really that bad? It is cheaper to live back in the US! I believe there are still places for less than that. Heck I stay in a hotel for 600/night when I bear the misfortune of visiting the Capital, so that is only 18,000/month even without a discount.

As for tax, why pay it if you are only here for 3 months? For that matter if your stay is so brief it is advisable to stay in a hotel at a monthly rate rather than have to buy furnishings.

Troposcat
02-05-07, 19:31
Brand new Mercedes indeed, and if you're a REAL High Roller, you'll also have a girl waiting to suck you dry in the back seat on the way to the hotel ;)

(but that will cost you about 10k)I will arrive 2 March at 8: 20 AM. I'm staying at the Boss Tower. Is there anyway I could get this kind of welcome to Thailand. I know this will be very early in the morning for a working girl and then finding a driver that wouldn't mind but If any of you have any tips on how I could arrange this I'd be willing to be a high roller for one day. I don't even need the brand new Mercedes.

NicFrenchy
02-06-07, 02:53
i will arrive 2 march at 8: 20 am. i'm staying at the boss tower. is there anyway i could get this kind of welcome to thailand. i know this will be very early in the morning for a working girl and then finding a driver that wouldn't mind but if any of you have any tips on how i could arrange this i'd be willing to be a high roller for one day. i don't even need the brand new mercedes.very easy.... you can book a nice limo (a real one, with the tinted glass between you and the driver (might cost around 3-4k)

then call an escort agency and book a girl to pick you up at the airport. be specific that you are at least looking for a blowjob in the car. i am sure they will accept it.
they might charge you a little extra. (5-6k).

this is thailand, everything could be arranged... it's just a matter of how much ;)

Old Thai Hand
02-06-07, 04:34
Good god, is Bangkok really that bad? It is cheaper to live back in the US! I believe there are still places for less than that. Heck I stay in a hotel for 600/night when I bear the misfortune of visiting the Capital, so that is only 18,000/month even without a discount.

As for tax, why pay it if you are only here for 3 months? For that matter if your stay is so brief it is advisable to stay in a hotel at a monthly rate rather than have to buy furnishings.

1/ A hotel room isn't a 2-BR apartment. But, I agree with you that, if he picked a studio room, he'd be down around 5,000-8,000/month (not the 18,000 of your hotel room). Adding even 1 BR raises the price a lot.
Around me, a 2-BR can run anwhere from 40,000 - 300,000/month depending on location and size.

Yes, Bangkok is very expensive if you want to, as a friend of mine says, "live like a white man".

2/ Even if he's on a short-term contract, if he's on a work permit which is required by law, he'll have to pay taxes. The only way around it is to be hired as a guest consultant. Even then, he should pay 3% tax on his fee.

Opebo
02-06-07, 06:42
Adding even 1 BR raises the price a lot.
Around me, a 2-BR can run anwhere from 40,000 - 300,000/month depending on location and size.

Yes, Bangkok is very expensive if you want to, as a friend of mine says, "live like a white man".

Interesting, and bizarre. Makes one wonder why anyone resides in the awful place. I could get perfectly nice two bedroom apartments all day long for around $600-800 US back home, or whole enormous houses for a payment of 40-60,000 baht.

2/ Even if he's on a short-term contract, if he's on a work permit which is required by law, he'll have to pay taxes. The only way around it is to be hired as a guest consultant. Even then, he should pay 3% tax on his fee.

Couldn't he just come under a tourist visa?

NicFrenchy
02-06-07, 07:05
1/ a hotel room isn't a 2-br apartment. but, i agree with you that, if he picked a studio room, he'd be down around 5,000-8,000/month (not the 18,000 of your hotel room). adding even 1 br raises the price a lot.
around me, a 2-br can run anwhere from 40,000 - 300,000/month depending on location and size.

yes, bangkok is very expensive if you want to, as a friend of mine says, "live like a white man".i fully agree with that. you can get a studio for 5,000 around victory monument or a studio around 8,000 on sukhumvit 22 (trying to stay close to sukh.)

i live in sukh and live in a 2br appartment with all facilities (fully furnished, cable tv, telephone,internet wireless hi-speed) 50k/month. don't really care as the company pays for it.

also, may i advise you to rent an appartment building rather than a condo?

condos have many different owners and in case of a problem, you probably won't have immediate assistance (unless they have a building manager).

appartment buildings on the other hand, it's the same owner for all the units and always lives on premises or has a technician team on site.

Old Thai Hand
02-06-07, 11:34
Interesting, and bizarre. Makes one wonder why anyone resides in the awful place. I could get perfectly nice two bedroom apartments all day long for around $600-800 US back home, or whole enormous houses for a payment of 40-60,000 baht. Couldn't he just come under a tourist visa?

It depends where you're talking about in the US. You can rent a whole house in BKK for 8,000-10,000/month, too if you live out around Udom Suk, Bagna, or up towards Don Muang. It's all about location, like anywhere. if you want to be central, it's going to cost you.
Try getting an apartment in NYC for $800. - maybe Harlem or Alphabet City...but Manhattan??? try, $2,000 for a box. Yet, in Butte, Montana you can rent a house for $1,000/month.

So, I think your assessment is a little off the mark.

BTW, "One resides in the awful place" because this is where the money and jobs are for those of us who choose to live and work here.

He could possibly stay on a tourist visa. But, he'd have to leave every month and could only stay the 3 months. If they wanted to extend his contract, he'd be screwed. They could pay him under the table. But, they'd have to be sure that nobody found out.

Opebo
02-06-07, 17:09
Try getting an apartment in NYC for $800. - maybe Harlem or Alphabet City...but Manhattan??? try, $2,000 for a box. Yet, in Butte, Montana you can rent a house for $1,000/month.

So, I think your assessment is a little off the mark.

Doubtless, as I know little of such worldly matters. But I was referring to rents in my home, that most average of cities, St. Louis Missouri. Obviously a backwater, but definitely not Montana.

He could possibly stay on a tourist visa. But, he'd have to leave every month and could only stay the 3 months.

Actually one may stay 3 months without leaving under a regular tourist visa procured in one's homeland - two months plus a one month extension purchased in Thailand. Last time I visited I got three in succession, so 9 months worth, with only two visa runs. This may have changed under the new xenophobic rules of course.

Phantomtiger2
02-06-07, 17:57
Try getting an apartment in NYC for $800. - maybe Harlem or Alphabet City...but Manhattan??? .

Correct, cheap or expensive definitely depends on desired location as $800/month anywhere in NYC is very old prices as they have vanished to a galaxy far far away.
Even Harlem and ABC city in lower east side NY are up and coming places full of yuppies now, and as for Harlem---well, ex-Pres. Clinton have his office there so guess where the prices have headed.

PT

Lemon Tree
02-06-07, 18:18
Gentlemen,

is there someone who made already the trip with the Sirithara Ocean Queen from Pattaya (Bali Hei Pier) to Koh Samui?
Any advices, any experiences? Thanks in advance.

Lemon Tree

Member #4147
02-06-07, 23:25
3rd visit in 3 months but on my own this time. Arr Feb 17 late, dep Feb 24 early. Got to see some different sights & test another TGF this time around, way too hooked on current squeeze & would like to get out of bed a bit more. Curious about Qbar as I'll be at the President Solitaire. Heard good things about Hollywood disco & am interested in Angels disco as I have never tried any of them. Anybody game I thought a bee line to the Qbar Sat the 17th @11pm could be a good start. Any thoughts or recommendations appreiciated. If your TGF has a petite 18 yo friend, so does & is mine. A party could be in order.

Old Thai Hand
02-07-07, 03:59
o****

st. louis??? truly a backwater. explains a lot.

bangkok, whether gawd-awful in yours and others' eyes is a big, expensive asian city of 10+ million people. it may not be tokyo. but, there are districts here that rival any world-class city with the prices to go with it.

you mentioned earlier that you stay in a 600 baht/night hotel. while i'm sure it's liveable. i'm also sure it's pretty basic. there aren't any good hotels in bkk under 1,000 baht/night and even that's pretty rock-bottom. that shit-hole nana hotel is in that price-range and look at it.

1Ball
02-07-07, 04:24
That shit-hole Nana Hotel is in that price-range and look at it.
OTH, I thought the Nana was a 5 star hotel. Isn't that where you go for your ST encounters, with the little dark skinned northern girls? ;)

Opebo
02-07-07, 04:33
St. Louis??? truly a backwater. Explains a lot.

Not precisely. It is almost exactly at the average for cost of living and income in the US.

You mentioned earlier that you stay in a 600 baht/night hotel. While I'm sure it's liveable. I'm also sure it's pretty basic. There aren't any good hotels in BKK under 1,000 baht/night and even that's pretty rock-bottom. That shit-hole Nana Hotel is in that price-range and look at it.

I'm not sure what you mean by the terms 'basic' and 'good', but the place has air, copious hot water, cable TV, and a restaurant. I'm not sure what more a hotel could have. It is not directly on the skytrain though, but rather merely near the subway. I seem to remember paying about 800 last year around Nana - I think at Maxim Hotel near Eden. Nice enough place.

Taipei Hotel in Chinatown is only 250/night fan room and about 380 for air. I have yet to stay there as they require the presentation of a passport, but the price is right. No cable though.

Gangles
02-07-07, 06:07
I have found out that Cebu Pacific now provide direct flights from Manila airport to Bangkok.

And it is pretty cheap.

Member #3200
02-07-07, 14:24
i plan 2 do the phils/thailand double later this year
wondering how cheap a return flight would be bewteen those 2 countries & is it best 2 purchase the flights in bangkok or here in canada

thank you

Phantomtiger2
02-07-07, 18:12
AMORNRAT MAHITTHIROOK

The board of Airports of Thailand Plc yesterday approved the use of Don Muang for domestic flights with no international connections and set March 15 as the possible date for the relaunch of services at the old airport.

It targeted March 15 for the resumption of regular services for Don Muang, which was closed on Sept 28, when the country's main airport moved to Suvarnabhumi.

The March 15 date was set to allow sufficient time to prepare for an expected surge in air travel to the provinces during the Songkran holiday.

Sources in the Airports of Thailand (AoT) board said its president Chotisak Asapaviriya told the meeting that the March 15 move was possible. However, he told reporters afterwards that he could not guarantee complete success.

Airlines with domestic services _THAI, Nok Air, Thai AirAsia and One-Two-Go have supported yesterday's decision.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will try to keep you guys informed of any more news or changes.
Suggest you check ahead and plan travel accordingly.

Cheers

PT

Gangles
02-10-07, 02:39
I believe that the cheapest way to buy flights on Cebu Pacific is over the internet.

G

Gangles
02-10-07, 02:43
I am a newbie to the Bangkok scene. Can anybody help?

I am looking for a hotel for about 1500 TBH, not in the Sukhumvit road area, but close to it, within striking distance.

Where can I buy generic viagra, cialis etc at a good rate, guaranteed to be not fakes..

My great appreciation in advance.

G

Wonderer
02-10-07, 23:13
It seems things are even worse! Dong Muang will reopen even for international flights. This will make connecting through BKK a nightmare, and 4 to 5 hrs of connection time is expected.

It might also become confusing when you don't know in which of the two airports you are going to land.

From the information I have, the situation is pretty chaotic and the Thai government does not really know how to handle.

For details, see the following link: http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/02/06/business/airport.php (link might work only for a limited period of time)

Wonderer - who wants to go to Thailand before the reopening

1Ball
02-10-07, 23:35
i plan 2 do the phils/thailand double later this year
wondering how cheap a return flight would be bewteen those 2 countries & is it best 2 purchase the flights in bangkok or here in canada

thank you
Kuwait air flies between BKK and MNL for about US$220 R/T, if the tix is bought in BKK. PM me for a good honest travel agent on Suk soi 11.
Air Asia also flies to Clark, but prices fluctuate wildly, check the dates you want on their website http://www.airasia.com/

Member #2041
02-11-07, 00:26
It seems things are even worse! Dong Muang will reopen even for international flights. This will make connecting through BKK a nightmare, and 4 to 5 hrs of connection time is expected.

It might also become confusing when you don't know in which of the two airports you are going to land.

IMHO, one can use this to their advantage. This provides all the more reason to overnight in Bangkok rather than transferring directly on through, since one could not be sure that both their arrival and departure flights are going in and out of the same airport.

BostonBread
02-11-07, 17:18
Searched the boards, but really could not find anything, thus I figured I would ask - looking for a cheap flight from Hong Kong to Phuket for a few days in LOS. Any recommendations? Thanks!

R 2 D 2
02-11-07, 17:45
Had to make an urgent trip to SE Asia and will be stopping in BKK for 2 nites, 1 full day. Arriving on 14th Midnite and leaving on early 16th. Since it was an urgent trip, I don't think I will have enough time to do my research that I hopes somebody could help me (If you got some info on hand)

Since I will be arriving at around 11:30 pm. Wanted to make the best of my time in BKK, I think I will book with Majestic Suites and was wondering if anybody could suggest things like taking taxi or arranging with hotel for pick up. Then where to go from there? Any Kind of service is fine, just looking for some good fun play from the day I arrive till the time I leave to make the best of the time I am there and ANY info will be nice. Since probably (with the time delay in posting) the next time I will be checking for response I will already in BKK so internet cafe info will be appreciated. I mean, am I allowed to surf this site or is it banned?

Argh, I hope the above make sense. I will also post in BKK Report section.

Thnx all in adance.

R2D2

Member #4147
02-12-07, 05:27
Interest is swelling as more members reply. So come one, come all! Lets greet & meat. Its my 1st night in but should be there by 11pm. I see there is a cover & they don't allow shorts, FYI. I'll put on a red silk shirt to ease finding me. As response has grown I'll try an additional suggestion, a Soi Cowboy expedition Sunday the 18th. Rendezvous @ Livingstone's if its OK w/the Boss? Anyone have ideas, I'm there all week but expect to be bed ridden for much of the visit.

Pittsdaulga
02-12-07, 05:29
All,

I was wondering if anyone had an idea if $911.51 round trip from Chicago to Bkk was a good price or not. About a week or two ago it was $875.00. Should I buy now or should I chance it and see if it goes down.

The dates I'm searching is from May 22 - June 6th. I can be somewhat felxable, but I figure those are the best dates for cheeper airfair. I found the above prices from Travel.Asia.com. The other major sites quote about $1,200.00 round trip, give or take $60.00. All of the before mentioned quotes are not including tax and fees...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Phuquer
02-12-07, 16:12
R2D2, I hope you read this before you get on your flight. If I were you, I would call Grand President and book a room for your first night, and ask for internet. Their number is 662-651-1200. The price shouldn't be more than 1800Baht. As for fun, I would check out the Grace Hotel coffee shop and see if I can't find someone I like. There was a massage parlor in the basement a few years back, but mostly older women there. Not sure if it still exists. Another place I would head to is Sabai Sabai on soi 11 across from Ambassador Hotel. They are open 24 hours and have some nice cuties. Good luck.

NicFrenchy
02-12-07, 16:26
As for fun, I would check out the Grace Hotel coffee shop Just wondering: Has anyone actually ever stayed at the Grace?

How are the rooms?

Mercboy
02-12-07, 18:30
Looking for someone in BKK, or Southeast Asia in general, to help me set up a number of trips locally. US specialists charge an arm and a leg.

Any referrals would be appreciated.

Manfest
02-13-07, 17:30
Exchanging $ for baht ot what ever forgien currency, you alwas get better rates in the country you a re going to. Exchange enough money at the airport to get you to your hotel.

Most countries/cities have plenty of banks on any major street that will change your money for a reasonable rate. Not knowing the scene in BKK, does this hold true, or do members have any specific recommendations for FOREX? Also, ATMs generally give good rates. Do the ones in BKK use the same networks as the U.S. (ie cirrus, star, maestro, etc.) so I can use my current card without any special manipulations? Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Thor93
02-13-07, 17:39
Most countries/cities have plenty of banks on any major street that will change your money for a reasonable rate. Not knowing the scene in BKK, does this hold true, or do members have any specific recommendations for FOREX? Also, ATMs generally give good rates. Do the ones in BKK use the same networks as the U.S. (ie cirrus, star, maestro, etc.) so I can use my current card without any special manipulations? Thanks in advance.
Cheers

The ATM's in Thailand generally accept US credit cards with no problem. But often if you have never used your card outside the US, the bank will place a security hold on the card when they see a first time transaction from overseas. If that happens you will have to call them to unlock the card. This has happened to me a few times with. I have also actually had the bank have the retailer call them when I was trying to make a purchase. I had to verify it was me making the purchase.

To be safe and avoid the hassle, you should call your card company before traveling and let them know you will be using the card overseas.

Pittsdaulga
02-14-07, 02:13
Manfest,

Thor93 is absolutely right about contacting your credit card company and/or your bank if you are planning on using your Debit card. I work in the loss-prevention department at a bank and when a customer calls to notify us that they are going out of the country, we ask when they are leaving, returning and where they are planning to go.

If I'm not mistaken STAR ATMs are only in North America. You'll want to look for Cirrus ATMs. We also warn our customers about using their debit card for hotel bookings and car rentals as the pre-authorization is usually held against your available balance. Basically, the Hotel or car rental place will put a hold on your cash and then put the completed charge through. They are not double billing you, but for 1 - 3 business days it seems like it.

If you have a lot of cash it won't matter too much, but if your on a budget. You'll be calling your bank and yelling at them to give your money back.

For the record, it's not the banks fault ;)

LittleBigMan
02-14-07, 03:39
R2 D2,

If it's not too late. You can catch a taxi on the lower level, since Majestic suites is just off Soi 4, ( Nana Hotel ) just tell the driver to go to Nana. M.S. is on Sukhumvit and you are not allow to stop in front of the hotel, but that time of the night if you don't have a lot of baggage it might be possible. If not get off at the corner of soi 4 and Sukhumvit and walk back to M.S.

There is a internet cafe 2 or 3 stores down from M.S. it is inside the Sub-way sandwich shop.

Fast Eddie 48
02-15-07, 07:34
Just wondering: Has anyone actually ever stayed at the Grace?

How are the rooms?

to nicfrenchy

I stay there long time ago back in 1995 their room on the main tower smelly room and badly need remodeling , the north tower is newer but more expensive if you are a arab you will feel right at home I can't recommend this place it all ,if you want smelly room go to nana hotel it closer to the actions .

fast eddie 48

Silly Fool
02-15-07, 12:32
Interest is swelling as more members reply. So come one, come all! Lets greet & meat. Its my 1st night in but should be there by 11pm. I see there is a cover & they don't allow shorts, FYI. I'll put on a red silk shirt to ease finding me. As response has grown I'll try an additional suggestion, a Soi Cowboy expedition Sunday the 18th. Rendezvous @ Livingstone's if its OK w/the Boss? Anyone have ideas, I'm there all week but expect to be bed ridden for much of the visit.I will post a full report on my recent 9 day stay in BKK when work eases up. In the mean time steer clear of the over hyped, underwhelming Q Bar. Nothing special IMHO.

Lemon Tree
02-17-07, 04:04
Gentlemen,
Some days ago I asked about information’s for a ferry from Pattaya to Koh Samui. Seemed, that nobody of the honourable readership had any idea about that. Therefore I started my own findings.
Here is the result:

There is a ferry from Pattaya via Koh Phangan to Koh Samui since 29th of April 2006. This ferry starts from the Bali Hei Pier.
Departure time is 4:30 pm; arrival time is 7:30 am.
More information and tickets are available in the Sirithara Ocean Queen office on the Bali Hei Pier ticket office.
Some information about the ship:
Company: OCEAN QUEEN Co Ltd. - THAILAND - owned by Siritara Enterprise Co. Ltd
Ships name: Siritara Ocean Queen
BRT: 6.262
Lenght over all: 122 metres
Breadth: 16 metres
Decks: 8
Cabins: 131 for maximum 375 guests.
Prizes for one person:
Starts at 1.750 Baht (Economy-Class) und ends at 7.500 Baht in the Ocean Suite.

So far the official part.
Now the unofficial part:
Former names of the ship:
Bashikiria-Odessa Song-Royal Dream-Silver Star-Nandini-Olviara -Ocean Princess.
Year of construction: 1964
Under the name “Oliviara” this ship has been in former times a gambling boat in Thailand for the Ocean Princess Group.
My opinion:
The names Bashikiria and Odessa Song lead me to suspect, that the ship was built in the former Sowjet Union. And the announcement of Siritara Enterprise Co. Ltd, this ship is the biggest luxury ship in Thailand makes me smile.
Finally I decided to go better by plane from U-Tapao to Koh Samui. Seems to be cheaper, faster and more secure.
In a German newspaper, printed in Pattaya, I found photos of the ship and the official induction in April 2006. PM, if you are interested.
Enjoy your life.

Lemon Tree.

Medved99
02-18-07, 07:55
I am headed to Chiang Mai in April but would prefer not to stay in a big hotel. Instead I would like to stay in more of a private bungalow type setting outside of the city. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Bold Focker
02-27-07, 03:39
does anyone know the cost of a metered taxi from bkk new airport to pattaya.
I wil be arriving on 1st march at 00:50am. Is there any other modes of transport. Bus or mini bus at this time of day?
Sorry if this has already been mentioned but I am on hand held so very time consumming searching!

LittleBigMan
02-27-07, 08:06
Bold Focker,

You can go down to the lower level after you get your bags and get into the taxi line. They will write you a slip and obtain a cab that will take you to Pattaya. Price 1200 baht, and this was at midnight.

LBM

MeatMan
03-05-07, 15:38
Coming back from SongKran till May 28th...Anyone wanna hookup for a beer? I'll be at Subway chowing down on a sub next to Nana. You guys know where it is so there's no need for an explamation. Look for the bald black dude!

Vinny_Viagra
03-09-07, 17:32
I'm bringing a group of about 20 to Thailand in June. Is there some way to get a pick up at the new airport and to be driven to Hua Hin. Any ideas? I would like it all arrange up front.

J Ride
03-14-07, 04:53
Me and two of my buddies are going to go destroy Pattaya from April 11th to the 24th. I hope to see some of you guys there!

Freeman 418
03-14-07, 13:08
Hi.. a thai friend recommended this airlines for flights, such as BKK to Phuket.. im thinking of booking..

Has anyone used this airlines? they seem almost half the cost of some other flights from BKK to Phuket..

http://www.fly12go.com/th/main.shtml

??

fm

Fast Eddie 48
03-14-07, 16:41
Hi.. a thai friend recommended this airlines for flights, such as BKK to Phuket.. im thinking of booking..

Has anyone used this airlines? they seem almost half the cost of some other flights from BKK to Phuket..

??

fm

to freeman

I use this air line for the first time last year from bkk to chiang mai flight is cancel ,they want me to wait 4 hr in the airport I said no fxxxxx way demand
to get a flight on thai airway .I did fly back to bkk with them very old plane and bad service .

fast eddie 48

Brain666
03-14-07, 18:04

??

fm

don't know them.
They charge 1750 Baht to Phuket.

My flight with Air Asia in Feb. was 1250 + taxes = 1800 Total. Not so muach more. The 1250 are only 800 or less during early mornbing, late night. Brand new Airbus planes .

So alternatives are there

regards

Brain666

Member #2041
03-14-07, 18:18
One-Two-Go is a major discount airline in Thailand, but I would recommend either Nok Air or Air Asia as providing better service on the BKK-Phuket route. One-Two-Go uses old 747s and packs around 500 people on each flight, which means you'll spend an extra 30+ minutes getting on and off the plane. Nok Air and Air Asia fly 737s which are much more convenient for a short-haul flight. Airfares should be similar for all 3 airlines.

Pirate1
03-14-07, 21:45
One-Two-Go is a major discount airline in Thailand, One-Two-Go uses old 747s and packs around 500 people on each flight, which means you'll spend an extra 30+ minutes getting on and off the plane. .I fly 1-2 before 2 years ago. Service was not bad for price, on time and everythin smooth as was the flight. Use to have a better schedule than other cheap flights so took and never look back. Remember dunn need great 1 class service cause flights are so short anyway. I book seat near exit so easy on , 1st off.

Pirate1

Tiger Hat
03-15-07, 02:33
That's a good price for a flight. Especially, at the end of May. If this is your first time in Thailand, you are going to love it.

All,

I was wondering if anyone had an idea if $911.51 round trip from Chicago to Bkk was a good price or not. About a week or two ago it was $875.00. Should I buy now or should I chance it and see if it goes down.

The dates I'm searching is from May 22 - June 6th. I can be somewhat felxable, but I figure those are the best dates for cheeper airfair. I found the above prices from Travel.Asia.com. The other major sites quote about $1,200.00 round trip, give or take $60.00. All of the before mentioned quotes are not including tax and fees...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tiger Hat
03-15-07, 02:37
I am going back to Thailand for the 5th time during the first week of July. Is anyone going to be there at that time.

Freeman 418
03-15-07, 05:54
Thanks for warning me about One-Two-Go.. you guys are legends.

I tried Asia Air on the net, and their booking server is down. Then I tried Nok Air, and their website is so badly designed it's hard to find the "Go" button. (No wonder Asian companies have to call in foreign IT guys to get anything done).

Will probably end up going with Asia Air or Nok.. thanks for the advice.

F.

One-Two-Go is a major discount airline in Thailand, but I would recommend either Nok Air or Air Asia as providing better service on the BKK-Phuket route. One-Two-Go uses old 747s and packs around 500 people on each flight, which means you'll spend an extra 30+ minutes getting on and off the plane. Nok Air and Air Asia fly 737s which are much more convenient for a short-haul flight. Airfares should be similar for all 3 airlines.

Member #2041
03-15-07, 07:38
I've never had the slightest problem booking flights on Nok Air's website, and I've done this 3-4 times. Air Asia's website seems more complex, but that's because they fly to many more destinations, and have to support several other languages besides English and Thai.

Kilgore Trout #2
03-16-07, 03:11
Please bare with me, I know I've asked alot and truly appreciate your input.

I have recently gotten my passpost. What do i need to do to obtain my Visa? Is this something I do once I arrive in Thailand or do I do in US.

Thanks,

KT2

LittleBigMan
03-16-07, 10:24
KT#2,

You have a automated 30 day visa coming from the U.S.
There is also a BKK hotel tread, check again scroll down!

LBM

Diver98
03-17-07, 19:07
Hi,

I'm taking a package tour and will be in Chang Mai on 3-27 for about 4 days, then North and East, ending up in Bangkok in about 10 days or so. Any mongers with local experience, I'd be happy to meet-up. Thanks!

Oosik1
03-17-07, 21:19
Please bare with me, I know I've asked alot and truly appreciate your input.

I have recently gotten my passpost. What do i need to do to obtain my Visa? Is this something I do once I arrive in Thailand or do I do in US.

Thanks,

KT2

You can apply for a visa at your local post office. But go online and look up the U.S. State Department where you will find a heading for TRAVEL or VISA. If you are a AAA member, go to one of their stores, get your free passport photos taken, and find out what you need to do to obtain a visa.

Pirate1
03-17-07, 22:11
You can apply for a visa at your local post office.Dunn know bout this. No wayz post office get you visa to anywhere. Think you mean US passport offered there along with sell you stamps.

Anyways, already answer by another mate. US citizens dunn need visa for Thailand for 30 dayz, just show up at airport with valid passport and good to go.

Pirate1

NicFrenchy
03-18-07, 03:49
just show up at airport with valid passport and good to go.Exactly. That's all you need.

BostonBread
03-18-07, 06:02
I had a panic attack in the line in immigration the other day thinking, did Thailand change their requirements for a visa? They didn't. I read this in the airport that if you are going to be there for a period of 90 days over a six month period, no visa required. Over 90 days, yes. I seem to recall the 30 day deal as this is most common in many countries. If you are planning on 30 days + then search on US gov websites to confirm. If you can not find anything, just say you are going to be there less than 30 days!

Have fun. Sure is warm here, but hot women keep it cool.

Kilgore Trout #2
03-20-07, 15:06
Thanks fellas for all the info on the Visa.

I've been checking the internet for 3-days now and have yet to find a website that lives up to it's "Bargain rates" to thailand, they all have many hidden fees, or simply say the "bargain' flights are all sold out.

Please let me know if there is a reliable service/website I can use to get a cheap ticket to Thailand. I've even callled the airlines directly and am having no luck...I thought this was the slow tme of gthe year and that getting a cheap ticket would be relatively easy? Am i Naive? Any advice would be greatly apprecieated....I would like to fly from the Philadephia Airport (PHL) to Bangkok in the next couple of weeeks.

KT2

Pimpmaster
03-20-07, 23:07
Hi Kilgore Trout #2,

Try www.expedia.com

Its a good working site at least for us Europeans. But should work for US to. I love it, because you can patch- work your travel like you want (flight, accomodation, car, etc.).

They always calculate all the available alternatives through (indicated prices are with all fees included). Because normally flying over the weekend is more occupied, it makes sense to play some scenarios of +/- 3 days departure and arrival. Costs are also dependend on your departure airport as well as if you want to fly directly or if you can live with some stops.

An other website just discoverd: http://www.asiatravel.com I have used it to book my hotel for the first days, so that I don't have to run and look after an 11 hour flight. Flight booking should be possible too, but I did not try it.

Concerning "low season" from 13- 15th April they have their new years party. And it's easter for us western people. So its more a medium season, than a low season. Try to flight before. Or after. The easter holiday time.

By the way don't forget your vaccinations and look for your own protection (condoms);

ThaiLearner
03-21-07, 12:44

I've been checking the internet for 3-days now and have yet to find a website that lives up to it's "Bargain rates" to thailand, they all have many hidden fees, or simply say the "bargain' flights are all sold out.

Please let me know if there is a reliable service/website I can use to get a cheap ticket to Thailand. I've even callled the airlines directly and am having no luck...I thought this was the slow tme of gthe year and that getting a cheap ticket would be relatively easy? Am i Naive? Any advice would be greatly apprecieated....I would like to fly from the Philadephia Airport (PHL) to Bangkok in the next couple of weeeks.

KT2

Not sure when you are going but you have left it late if you going in the next couple of weeks, alot of the flights from England have already been booked up. I waited 1 week to book my flight at the beginning of the year and it went uo £70. You could try going between May-September but this is rainy season. I have been been end of September beginning of October and most of the days have been sunny and dry.

Aslan
03-23-07, 08:53
I'm making another trip to Thailand on May 5 and wondered if anyone else would be there during that time. Met a guy from California on my last trip in November and we had a great time hitting the bars and hanging out on sirkumvit after hours. I'll probably stay at Nana for a few days unless anyone has a suggestion. A hotel with a cd player in the room would be nice.

Jaimito Cartero
03-23-07, 09:10

KT2

What do you consider cheap? $1000? Prices are up going to Asia for the most part. In general, you need to either buy right before you want to fly (1 or 2 weeks), or 3-4 months in advance. I use this website to help find decent prices, but you still have a lot of work to do, in finding flights that have these fares on it.

http://www.farecompare.com

You should also check out of other east coast cities, NYC, EWR, etc, as the price can be hundreds lower.

Traveler1234
03-23-07, 14:27

KT2

You've certainly been busy, Mr. Senior USA Monger. A couple of polite suggestions from a fellow east coaster:

1. Pay jackson the subscription fee so that your pm works; you'll find some of us might be more willing to share that way.

2. The flights to Bkk from philly is pretty simple - if you want the most direct flights, you've got a couple of options: TG non-stop via JFK, Eva Airlines and China airlines via Taiwan, JAL via Tokyo, most via JFK and/or Newark. Any of the on-line agencies will give you pretty much the same price range. You might save a few bucks with a less direct route....is it worth it?

3. Many of your initial queries have been answered numerous times on all the LOS threads, including the Reports of distinction and Giotto forum threads.

Given your status as senior monger in states, respectfully didn't post the proverbial RTTF. But I've noticed that it now seems like you're ready to publish a how to book for LOS :). At some point, lay back and let it come to you.....you've got plenty of time in LOS to figure out the lay of the land.

IMHO

Traveler1234
03-23-07, 14:29
What do you consider cheap? $1000? Prices are up going to Asia for the most part. In general, you need to either buy right before you want to fly (1 or 2 weeks), or 3-4 months in advance. I use this website to help find decent prices, but you still have a lot of work to do, in finding flights that have these fares on it.

http://www.farecompare.com

You should also check out of other east coast cities, NYC, EWR, etc, as the price can be hundreds lower.

Further to my other post, JC is 'the expert' on flights/travel....take his advice if you want to save those extra pennnies.

JC - remember me as 'dtsm' on that 'other board' :D

Member #2041
03-23-07, 18:35
The cheapest airfares to Asia are invariably on the airlines' own websites. My last two tickets were on Cathay Pacific ($755 round trip from L.A. to BKK through Hong Kong last November-December), and China Airlines ($726 from L.A to BKK through Taipei this April). Both were found on their websites when the best fares that showed up on Expedia from the same airlines were at least $90 more, and both were short (under 2 hour layover) routings.

Phantomtiger2
03-23-07, 18:43
As an East Coaster myself, just from my own experiences in the past, there is really no such thing as a "cheap" airfare from this coast. Most of the really good deals are usually offered from the west coast (all you lucky devils).
On those rare blue moons a fantastic deal will turn up for us east coasters (I would say once every 3 years or so) but not worth waiting for so best to cough up a few hundred and just enjoy being in LOS than at home.---IMO

PT

Member #3200
03-24-07, 01:54
If you think you east coasters get hosed, try travelling from Toronto.

For no reason-1 week the price is almost 1,300 US, 4 days later the price is closer to 1,600 US for May (which last time I checked was low season)

I was lucky enough in Nov/Dec 2 get my flight for 1,250US, but now the price is a joke for May 17-27th

I want to go back but not at insane prices. I don't want to but if the price doesn't normalize I won't be going until Xmas.

Like the rest of you, I need a fair price & help soon.

Aslan
03-24-07, 07:45
I work for an airline. These are some sites that I look at quite a bit:

Quixo.com
Kayak.com
cheapflights.com
angeltravel.com
cheapoair.com

The best day to travel on the weekend is Saturday and through the week Tues, Wed, or Thurs. If you purchase tickets and have four flights within the reservation keep in mind that the fare basis may actually be for four one way flights each having different restrictions. That being said two flights of the four may be the lowest available fare and the other two segments may be expensive. The fare basis is a coding that airlines use to tell in brief if a ticket non-refundable, refundable, how many days in advance it must be purchased, what days of the week you can travel, how few or many days you can stay, etc. Basically restrictions that all fares are coded with. The easiest way to find a good fare is calling an airline and asking for the lowest available fare between two points. When they start asking you for times and days is where you screw yourself. Just say I want to fly lax to BKK and want to know what the lowest fare could be. They can pull up a city or origin and destination and their fares will appear coded with the price. When they tell you what the best fare is at that time ask them what the restrictions are and if they can build a reservation based on that fare. Often if you are somewhat flexible you can do better. These fares change pretty often. Yield mgmt will look at the flight and see how well it is selling and change the fares accordingly to make the most money off the flight. You may find that building a reservation in parts can help you find a better fare also. For example, book lax to BKK with China air if they have a good deal then get from denver to lax on some fare sale with another airline. Make sure all your connections will work, book the flights, then call each airline to be sure seats are selected. Get the agents employee number that gave you the seat assignment and have them put a note in the reservation that this is an international reservation. Hang up and call back a second time to make sure your seats were assigned and if not you have the agents number you just spoke to to dispute this. Airlines do not want to screw up international reservations because this is expensive for them. If you're booking on the internet you may pick your seats online and when you call the airline to verify there is no seating assignment. You may even be told that there is no seating assignment available. Most airlines will allow you to cancel a reservation based on this lack of information if you do it early because you aren't being given the information you need to make a sound decision. If no seating assignment is available have them put a note in your reservation comments that no assignment was available at the time of purchase. You can even have them put the capacity of the plane and number of seats available at that time in your reservation. If you get bumped because you don't have a seating assignment you can point to this comment and put the blame on them. Any time a reservation is changed the employee number of the agent that made the change will be noted within the reservation details along with the date and time of the change. When you talk to an agent ask them their employee number. They will notice you are paying attention and will make fewer mistakes.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I certainly hope that the author or somebody else will post a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Belmont
03-31-07, 04:12
Time it right Fares are loaded into reservation systems three times daily but only once a day on weekends. Many airlines sneak in sales on Friday nights, so Saturday is a good time to shop _ from web CNN

Also, I saw a good far on EVA in December then it disappeared, then again good in February then gone so I tried a higher class and behold I GOT A TICKET IN ELITE CLASS. Cost $1100. Tought I was shut out of econ, But scored a ticket in "EVA elite" 2-4-2 " seating instead of 3-4-3" I'm glad of that. But searching at EVA for Economy said: "NO SEATS AVAIL" I was Glad when I searched higher class! Little more, more space, little more $$

BELMONT

Raverboy
04-02-07, 09:53
Am planning to be in BKK 4-6 May for the usual debauchery and distractions and was wondering if anyone would be up for a drink (or three) at the usual spots. Cheers!

Opebo
04-02-07, 19:46
Can anyone recommend the best strategy for avoiding the horror that is Song Kran?

Should one just hole up or try to leave the country? I have escaped successfully to the Philippines before, but one escape attempt to Cambodia led to disappointment and miserable soakings. Yes, they seem to celebrate this festival of abuse and boredom everywhere in Southeast Asia.

Lastly can anyone remind me how long the vicious water throwing lasts in various locales? I've heard that almost everywhere it is a full week (I can't remember from my previous experiences - so traumatic I've blocked them from memory).

Fast Eddie 48
04-03-07, 03:46
Can anyone recommend the best strategy for avoiding the horror that is Song Kran?

Should one just hole up or try to leave the country? I have escaped successfully to the Philippines before, but one escape attempt to Cambodia led to disappointment and miserable soakings. Yes, they seem to celebrate this festival of abuse and boredom everywhere in Southeast Asia.

Lastly can anyone remind me how long the vicious water throwing lasts in various locales? I've heard that almost everywhere it is a full week (I can't remember from my previous experiences - so traumatic I've blocked them from memory).

to opebo

I am with you on this they get all the white paste all over your shirt and it is no fun at all , I will stay away april 12 -15 of thailand if you don't like to get wet and dirty .

fast eddie 48

Pirate1
04-03-07, 23:17
Mates,
Thee Water holiday is not for the fainthearted. Dunn go to zee CM or Pattaya or some parts BKK as thee fun gets out of hand, stick to me smaller locations and notz 2 bad. This not for everyone but me hearty soul had whale of time. Makes mid age man feel young at heart. Fun for sum but not for all, goes with them feelin and thou be alright.
Me always plan for this time or zee Loy Krathong.

Me thoughts only mates.

pirate1

Opebo
04-04-07, 03:10
How long does the tiresome event last in different locales? I've heard it is around a week in places like Pattaya or Bangkok, but can one hope for just three days in the smaller untouristed areas?

Capt JB
04-04-07, 21:38
I find the non-stop Thai Airways flight from JFK to BKK to be the most conveniennt. It is 17 hours 1 way but as there are no connections & the chances of your bags being lost or delayed in Japan, Hong Kong, or China are reduced. Many of the other airline flights with connections take from 24 to 30 hours from JFK to BKK.

All of the airlines seem to jack up the price in December & January so I guess there is no getting around that.

Pirate1
04-06-07, 23:29
EDITOR's NOTE: This report was deleted because it was not written in English. While I encourage contributions from all volunteers, the Forum is an English-only website. Please do not post reports in any language other than English. Thanks!

Frank Lucas
04-07-07, 01:34
Hello All,

Will be in BKK for the second time at the above dates then on to PI. If anyone will be around, please pm and advise. It's always fun meeting fellow mongers.

Woodway

Opebo
04-07-07, 05:37
Thanks, Pirates. I live in a small place in Isaan, and am hoping for the least possible disturbance. Some people here have told me that going to Bangkok is the best - most Thais leave, and if you avoid the few tourist areas such as Cow-san Road or Patpong, Nana, etc., it is possible not to get wet.

Does anyone know if this is so? Are cheap hotels in Bangkok generally full for SongKrap or fairly empty?

Dr Poosey
04-07-07, 12:17
Thanks, Pirates. I live in a small place in Isaan, and am hoping for the least possible disturbance. Some people here have told me that going to Bangkok is the best - most Thais leave, and if you avoid the few tourist areas such as Cow-san Road or Patpong, Nana, etc., it is possible not to get wet.

Does anyone know if this is so? Are cheap hotels in Bangkok generally full for SongKrap or fairly empty?Indeed most of the Thais are leaving Bangkok. Came back from Isaan today and the busses to Bangkok are empty. On the other side it's a nightmare so I wish good luck fo those leaving the capital.

Baby Huey
04-08-07, 13:20
Hello All,

Will be in BKK for the second time at the above dates then on to PI. If anyone will be around, please pm and advise. It's always fun meeting fellow mongers.

Woodway

I will be in Bangkok 21-26 of April. Your PM is turned off...

NormanBrightside
04-09-07, 17:28
I'm going to be in Pattaya on those dates so if anyone fancies grabbing a beer then pm me, it would be great to meet up. While I've dabbled in FKK's and Prague, it's going to be my first time in LOS so should be a blast.

Aslan
04-10-07, 04:15
I will arrive on May 6th and will probably stay around Nana that evening before heading off to Phuket. Wondering if anyone would like to meet up and check out the ladies that evening.

Member #3200
04-10-07, 04:33
I hope to be there during that time-nothing confirmed yet but I should know within 2 weeks if I'm going back or not this soon.

Big Yuley
04-10-07, 09:10
Hi,

I'm travelling to Thailand in August for 10 days and would love the companionship of 1 or 2 ladies (depends on price) for the entire stay day and night.

I am all new to this. Can somebody point me in the right direction on who to contavt etc.

Thanks,

Big Yuley

Traveler1234
04-10-07, 15:10
Hi,

I'm travelling to Thailand in August for 10 days and would love the companionship of 1 or 2 ladies (depends on price) for the entire stay day and night.

I am all new to this. Can somebody point me in the right direction on who to contavt etc.

Thanks,

Big Yuley

August....good!
You've got plenty of time to read all the goodies in the Thailand forum. Start with the 1) FAQ - it's old but still fairly accurate; 2) report of distinction - look for the topics of fancy to you.

Then post a specific question and we'd be happy to help out.

PS - I'd also suggest you buy full subscription so that you can receive PM from fellow members. You'll find it a worthy investment :)

Traveler1234
04-11-07, 02:24
Very interesting article in today's WSJ, can download below.

Two quotes that caught my eye:

We don't want to attract a yob culture," says Ewa Binkin, a spokeswoman for the Polish tourism board, using a British term for hoodlums and louts.

The British spent about $1 billion on stag and hen parties in 2004, according to estimates by Morgan Stanley. Josey Walker, who sells package trips to Eastern Europe from Web sites Stag Republic and Hen Nation, says groups typically spend about $600 to $800 per person, per weekend, including flights and hotel. "It used to be you would go to the corner pub," he says.

Who says they're cheap fxxkers :)

Traveler1234
04-12-07, 16:16
Public Taxi Stands To Relocate to 2nd Floor (Arrivals Level)

SUVARNABHUMI: -- Suvarnabhumi airport is preparing to relocate public taxi stands to the second floor of the main airport building, on the same floor as the arrivals terminal, pushing out influential private limousine operators.

Suvarnabhumi airport director Serirat Prasutanond said yesterday that taxi stands would move up from the frontal road on the first floor of the passenger terminal to the second floor after the Songkran festival ends on April 17.

Passengers arriving at the airport exit from immigration and customs checks on the second floor of the new Bangkok airport building.

Buses will also be allowed to pick up passengers from the frontal road on the second floor instead of waiting at the remote bus terminal located away from the main terminal building.

Limousine services and vehicles of hotel associations and group tour operators will be relocated from the second floor down to the first floor.

Mr Serirat said ...the illegal but influential groups of limousine service providers were cashing in at Suvarnabhumi and that airport authorities had been catching up to 250 illegal limousine operators every day.

Abse2
04-12-07, 18:51
After some pleasurable time in Dubai am a bit bored now, so am hitting bangers and than wonderful Pattaya end of April, don't fancy Songran(dirty sewer water) on me.

Since Fifty Fifty has departed from DXB, its Bangkok for me, will be staying at the Dirty Nana Hotel, please PM me if anyone fancy a beer on me.

Pls can someone just revise for me if the standard rates 1000 bts ST and 2000 LT still apply in banger and half of that in Pattaya.

Abse2

Notidik
04-13-07, 04:43
Public Taxi Stands To Relocate to 2nd Floor (Arrivals Level)

SUVARNABHUMI: -- Suvarnabhumi airport is preparing to relocate public taxi stands to the second floor of the main airport building, on the same floor as the arrivals terminal, pushing out influential private limousine operators.

Thanks T1234,

I have been sourcing for this information and the airport website (really lousy site, sorry) didn't really help either.

Will be there next and now knows where to hail a public cab.

Rossie
04-13-07, 15:52
Hello All,

WoodwayI'm arriving on 19 also Im staying in Nana Hotel for 4 nights.

Rossie, Dublin.

Buttman Returns
04-14-07, 17:55
Hi there,

Travelling to Pattaya in June and would like to take a taxi straight from the airport.

Due to a leg injury, would like to avoid queuing for a public taxi.

Are there any other options around the B1000-1500?

Can anyone please recommend a website?

Cheers!

Duniawala
04-14-07, 22:04
Hi there,

Travelling to Pattaya in June and would like to take a taxi straight from the airport.

Cheers!
Usually, there is not much of a line at the taxi stand. Wait is no more than a few minutes. Other options are that you get a limo service. You will see the counters as soon as you exit customs. The cost is much more (I don't know, maybe someone can post it here). Have fun.

Petemcc
04-15-07, 07:28
Hi there,

Cheers!

Someone posted this one recently on this forum:
http://www.bb-lets.com/index.php?id=110
But search the forum, there's lots of info about cars to Pattaya

Freeman 418
04-15-07, 11:10
I was there on a Tue at 4:30pm, and the queue took all of 8 minutes.. the line moves quite fast.

You could probably pre-book with some driver/company and get picked up for 1000-1500, but really the line isn't that long.

Hi there,

Cheers!

Buttman Returns
04-15-07, 15:18
Someone posted this one recently on this forum:
http://www.bb-lets.com/index.php?id=110
But search the forum, there's lots of info about cars to PattayaThanks for that, mate. Looks good and not overly priced. :-)

And thanks Duniawala and Freeman418. Good to know that the queue is not as bad as I thought.

Dentist
04-17-07, 21:02
Gentle People, I'm looking for a good dentist. Are the prices in Thailand cheaper than Seoul? A crown in Seoul is about US $460, an implant US $2.5K. Been checking the Philiphines and almost concluded that the level of service there and quality may not be that good. I know folks come to Thailand for cancer and other medical treatment because of the comparetively lower costs and good quality.

The only return offer I can make is travel/lodging info in Seoul and most of Korea. Long term resident here so most things I know or can find out quickly.

Thank you.

Ljohnson
04-18-07, 09:34
Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok provides complete dental services. Just Google "Bumrungrad" and check out there website.

I had a complete physical there last November. My girlfriend had one in June. I have made another appointment for her this May. I might go to the dentist there also in May.

I cannot say enough good about Bumrungrad. I (and my friends) have enjoyed excellent service there at about 1/10 to 1/8 what you would pay in the U.S. And it is first class treatment.

You can make an appointment online.

LJohnson

Aslan
04-27-07, 08:41
I'll be in Bangkok for a few days and though I would like to try a new place will probably end up staying at Nana. Kind of dirty, but you have to admit Nana is in a great location with NEP close by, Angel disco downstairs, and it has a good breakfast. I'm American and last time I went met a few guys I ended up hitting the bars with. Pretty good time. I'll be there the 6th to the 11th and then I'm off to somewhere else. Anyone interested in getting a beer or hitting a club or two let me know. Masterplan says I have pm's turned off, but from what I'm seeing I need to pay to get private messages? Who knows.

Tajska07
04-27-07, 14:46
Hey guys,

Is it true that it is illegal to make pornographic videos in Thailand?

I have plans to make a Thai reality pornsite, but i recently came accross two articles. One was about a webmaster arrested in Thailand and the other of some actress having legal problems for making a porn flick.

God if this is true it is fo weird. This countries have some very strange laws.

Anyways even if it is true my website is still gonna happen pretty soon.

Happy fucking to everyone.

Duniawala
04-28-07, 03:20
I'll be in Bangkok for a few days and though I would like to try a new place will probably end up staying at Nana. Kind of dirty, but you have to admit Nana is in a great location with NEP close by, Angel disco downstairs, and it has a good breakfast. I'm American and last time I went met a few guys I ended up hitting the bars with. Pretty good time. I'll be there the 6th to the 11th and then I'm off to somewhere else. Anyone interested in getting a beer or hitting a club or two let me know. Masterplan says I have pm's turned off, but from what I'm seeing I need to pay to get private messages? Who knows.
So, did you pay and still not get access to PMs? I would send a message to Admin.

Duniawala
04-28-07, 03:22
Hey guys,

I have plans to make a Thai reality pornsite, but i recently came accross two articles. One was about a webmaster arrested in Thailand and the other of some actress having legal problems for making a porn flick.

God if this is true it is fo weird. This countries have some very strange laws.

Happy fucking to everyone.
Would love to answer you, but what is your question, really. Your second para answers yours first para. And in the last, you state your mission.

M P Lurker
04-28-07, 08:54
Would love to answer you, but what is your question, really. Your second para answers yours first para. And in the last, you state your mission.
Well you did answer, but like me, had nothing useful to add.

Belmont
04-29-07, 05:43
I'll be traveing to Thailnd May19 till June3.
Plan on a couple days in BKK the on to Pataya for 8 days then a couple in BKK.
Any other newbies or experianced mongers traveling those dates?
I was going to met a Brit friend who knows his way around there, that I met in Colombia, but he's conected now and can't make it.
See ya soon!!

Retired Army
04-29-07, 05:52

Yes, it is illegal.

This countries have some very strange laws. It's their country and their laws. Who are you to tell them they are strange. I think anyone who makes pornographics videos is sick. You don't know anything about Thailand.

I hope you enjoy the Bangkok Hilton. they have a special room for you where you will be the star of your own porn show.

M P Lurker
04-29-07, 08:08
<cut>
I think anyone who makes pornographics videos is sick.
<cut>

Perhaps you have a very narrow definition of pornography.
Here is the wicktionary definition.
"The explicit depiction of sexual subject matter, especially with the sole intention of sexually exciting the viewer. "
I thought this whole web site was closely related to matters of pornography.
Perhaps we are all "sick" puppies, but most of us think that there is nothing wrong with talking about sex and even viewing pictures of it.

As to the making of porn videos. Some do it for fun or fantasy and others do it to make money.

People will always be happy to appear in porn videos if the money is right.
Most people have to work to get money.

I like to watch a girl putting on a show for me, e.g. masturbating. Real is better than video of course, but not always available.
Only certain styles of porn appeal to me (I'm not big on the stuff that is "ugly" in my view).

Goteborg
04-29-07, 10:46
Thanks T1234,

I have been sourcing for this information and the airport website (really lousy site, sorry) didn't really help either.

Will be there next and now knows where to hail a public cab.To start with. Sorry for some bad spelling. But think you know what I mean anyway I think.

If you want to get a taxi whitout have to stand in any lines and wait for some time.

Then I can suggest that you go up to the 4: th floor (departure) and just grab a taxi that have left people that are leaving BKK.

They are more then willing to pick you up.

Mature Man
04-30-07, 07:27
Hi Guys,

Will be visiting a place near Chumphon called Pathiu in late May.

Would anyone have any details on mongering out there?

Thanks in anticipation.

M P Lurker
04-30-07, 10:51
Hi Guys,

Will be visiting a place near Chumphon called Pathiu in late May.

Would anyone have any details on mongering out there?

Thanks in anticipation.
Chumphon is in the south near Ranong, but I have only ever passed through quickly going from Surat to Prajuap.
You should have posted in "Other Areas" thread really.
Click on that thread, then click "search this thread" in top right corner.
Paste in the word "Chumphon" but spell it wrongly "Chumpon" instead (not sure why evryone has it that way) and a few posts will show up.

Big Yuley
05-01-07, 02:42
Thanks everyone for there input.

I have been searching through all the reports and places to go etc etc, and at this stage I have a list of about 35 places to go in the space of a week.

Wow.

The more you look the more info and good reports you get.

But I must try Eden Club.

If I am to go to all these places in the space of 6 or 7 days, I might need to buy some "Blue Pills" to make sure the soldier is always ready for duty.

Even though I am young, I am sure that I will need some assistance in that area if I am to visit all or many of these places.

Member #2041
05-01-07, 15:41
I just thought that I'd let everyone know that Cathay Pacific's May deal of the Month is LAX, SFO, or JFK to Bangkok for $734 + $84 tax, for a total of $818.

This is for travel from September 1 through November 30 U.S. departures.

You have to book this on Cathay Pacific's website during the month of May. I just booked my ticket for September. They are also offering the same fare from California to Bali as well. Each of these flights is through Hong Kong.

The next best fares I've seen for September travel California to Bangkok are $875 on China Airlines, and $909 on EVA (in coach - Evergreen Deluxe is $1160)

Fast Eddie 48
05-01-07, 17:03
I just thought that I'd let everyone know that Cathay Pacific's May deal of the Month is LAX, SFO, or JFK to Bangkok for $734 + $84 tax, for a total of $818.

This is for travel from September 1 through November 30 U.S. departures.

You have to book this on Cathay Pacific's website during the month of May. I just booked my ticket for September. They are also offering the same fare from California to Bali as well. Each of these flights is through Hong Kong.

The next best fares I've seen for September travel California to Bangkok are $875 on China Airlines, and $909 on EVA (in coach - Evergreen Deluxe is $1160)Member #2041,

The Cathay deal have some restrictions no bonus mileage no change on flight date . I book for with a travel agent in SF china town is $910 usd inc tax k fare and price go up to $995 usd after may 23 , so saving 100 usd is not that much and you have to book 3 month ahead .

Fast eddie 48

Member #2041
05-01-07, 23:12
Member #2041,

The Cathay deal have some restrictions no bonus mileage no change on flight date . I book for with a travel agent in SF china town is $910 usd inc tax k fare and price go up to $995 usd after may 23 , so saving 100 usd is not that much and you have to book 3 month ahead .

Fast eddie 48

I can hire 3 ST ladies for the difference between an $818 and a $910 flight. It does provide 16,590 Asia Miles (from LAX, SFO is a few less). You CAN change this ticket for a $100 change fee, and since I already know my dates are solid in September, I have no problem booking 3 months in advance - and as you pointed out, if you wait until after May 23 to book your seat, you will need to pay another $85 on your fare. I simply mentioned this fare so that folks could be aware of it and make their own decisions as to whether it met their needs - not to try to have a contest with you about getting a better deal than you did.

I didn't say that other fares, though higher, might not be better deals for other folks. But the fare you described is clearly not as good a deal for ME, and because this deal only came out this morning, many folks might not otherwise know about it.

LittleBigMan
05-02-07, 08:31
CathayPacific!

In my opinion and from my experience traveling on Cathy! DON'T BOOK YOUR RETURN FLIGHT AT 11:30 from BKK-HKG, take the earlier flight to HK. The aircraft that leaves at 11:30am originates from India and each time I booked this flight it is late and I barely make my connections to SFO. The flight is out of control and the flight attendants seem to have given up! I don't want to go into details about my experiences but personally I don't know how Cathay ever got to me Airline of the year!

LBM

Patarse
05-02-07, 11:22
Hey guys,

I will be in Pattaya 3 to 21 May. Anyone there same time want to catch up for a beer, PM me if you're interested will be staying soi 7.

Patarse

Member #2041
05-02-07, 15:33
CathayPacific!

In my opinion and from my experience traveling on Cathy! DON'T BOOK YOUR RETURN FLIGHT AT 11:30 from BKK-HKG, take the earlier flight to HK. The aircraft that leaves at 11:30am originates from India and each time I booked this flight it is late and I barely make my connections to SFO. The flight is out of control and the flight attendants seem to have given up! I don't want to go into details about my experiences but personally I don't know how Cathay ever got to me Airline of the year!
LBM
Well, I'm on that flight, but fortunately for me, if I miss my last connection (a tight one to LAX) it's not a catastrophe, I will just relax in Hong Kong for a few hours.

Uncle Fred
05-03-07, 05:53
EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted because appeared to be a commercial message and/or it contained links to a commercial website. Please post reports consisting primarily of a commercial nature and/or reports with a link or links to commercial websites in the Classified Advertisement section of the Forum. Please read the Forum's Posting Guidelines and the Forum's FAQ for further information.

Konaki
05-03-07, 12:09
Hello Mongers

I'm in my hotel on Karon, First night and jet lagged as hell.

If any fellow monger is on the Island and want to share a beer, PM me, I'm here until the 12th of May.

Big Yuley
05-10-07, 12:47
Ok,

I'm a paid up member (true to my word) and need some helpful advice

I am hitting Thailand in August. Staying in Bangkok for 4 nights at Livingstones and going to play the field and experience as many women as my dick will allow (bring back to room, massage parlours, soapys and have to try a bj bar or 2).

I am then either travelling to Krabi or Koh Samui and plan to spend time with a full time companion. Obviously with this I am planning on booking a lady from BKK Rendevous escorts. I have picked out my lady. Not going to name her at this stage. I will be with her (planned) from Saturday night at about 5pm to Thursday around lunch time, so 5 nights and another half day. The qoute was 32000 Baht (yes approx $1100 Aussies dollars which seems a fair bit). Probably rather excessive im sure many will say. I have spoken to the young lady in question and am very impressed. Of course she might be a dud in the sack.

On top of the dollars you also have to add airfares to and from (nothing as i can get return flights to krabi for about $180 for both so only another $90 Aus).

After all the ramble. What are the chances of getting a girl wiling to spend 4 or 5 days with you on such short notice?

Does anyone have some advice?

I think i have gone ot one of the most expensive escort agencies and im sure there are others but from what i have seen bkk rendevous seems to be high quality.

Big Yuley

Big Yuley
05-11-07, 08:00
Ok all,

Visiting Bangkok in August. Staying 4 nights at Livingstones and then going to beach resort for another 4.

4 days in Bangkok going to play the field and hava as many women as my dick will take.

When I am going to beach resort I want a full time companion. Have contact BKK rendevaous and had contact with a particular lady and very impressed with her. Price tag for 5 nights (having her last night in Bangkok prior to travelling to either Krabi or Koh Samui) is 32, 000 Baht.

Yes I know people are thinking what an idiot. Yes probably am. Havent made any deposit etc as yet.

I know the name of the game in Thailand is you can get what you want and not pay much, but I am not Bill Gates but I'm not screaming poor either.

So as a first time visitor for mongering to Thailand is this a good option. Or can I get a girl to travel to Krabi/Koh Samui for 4 or 5 days on such short notice for cheaper price that I meet her there.

Concern with booking in advance for big money is, what if she is shit in the sack?

Ok guys I'm a full member now so please help via this forum or by PM

Big Yuley

LukeSkyWanker
05-11-07, 13:26
Surely your not serious I took a girl from Pattaya to Phuket once for 4 days and only gave her 1000 Bht a day of course I paid for the flight, Hotel, Food and bought her a few clothes. She had a great time and rang me almost daily for 3 months most of the girls would go with you just so they can say they have been somewhere else instead of Pattaya, another + is because they are on new turf and not sure how they stand they will really look after you!

May the force be with you.

Big Yuley
05-11-07, 13:33
Surely your not serious I took a girl from Pattaya to Phuket once for 4 days and only gave her 1000 Bht a day of course I paid for the flight, Hotel, Food and bought her a few clothes. She had a great time and rang me almost daily for 3 months most of the girls would go with you just so they can say they have been somewhere else instead of Pattaya, another + is because they are on new turf and not sure how they stand they will really look after you!So as a newbie to this, if I like a girl I spent time with from a bar, do I ask her if she will come with me? With only a few days notice will they be happy to go and able to? Or do I have to look for girls from other places apart from the bars?

Thor93
05-11-07, 13:42
Ok all,

Visiting Bangkok in August. Staying 4 nights at Livingstones and then going to beach resort for another 4.

4 days in Bangkok going to play the field and hava as many women as my dick will take.

When I am going to beach resort I want a full time companion. Have contact BKK rendevaous and had contact with a particular lady and very impressed with her. Price tag for 5 nights (having her last night in Bangkok prior to travelling to either Krabi or Koh Samui) is 32, 000 Baht.

Big Yuley

Big Yuley, the odds are that in the first four days you will find a suitable companion you would want to take with you to the beach. There should be no need to spend that kind of money on someone to accompany you. It is not that hard to find a willing Thai girl to spend 4 days on the beach with you. Most would do it for almost nothing other than the chance to stay in a nice place, eat nice meals, and get a few gifts.

Any Thai girl asking 32,000 up front is one to be avoided. Those are agency prices and there is no need to pay that kind of money. If you can walk and talk and look halfway decent, you can find better on your own.

Big Yuley
05-11-07, 13:48
Big Yuley, the odds are that in the first four days you will find a suitable companion you would want to take with you to the beach. There should be no need to spend that kind of money on someone to accompany you. It is not that hard to find a willing Thai girl to spend 4 days on the beach with you. Most would do it for almost nothing other than the chance to stay in a nice place, eat nice meals, and get a few gifts.

Any Thai girl asking 32,000 up front is one to be avoided. Those are agency prices and there is no need to pay that kind of money. If you can walk and talk and look halfway decent, you can find better on your own.Cool Thor,

Thanks for that.

You read everything on here about girls staying with you long time for 200 or 2500 Baht and then you get told this women will charge you the "discounted price" for 5 nights of 32000 Baht.

And its the try before you buy theory. At least if i pick a girl and take her back to the room, i know what she is like in the sack.

I pay 32000 Baht for this one without getting a test drive. I might spend the first night with her and realise that she is a star fish in bed and im stucj with her for 5 nights.

Brain666
05-11-07, 14:41
Ok,

I'm a paid up member (true to my word) and need some helpful advice

I am hitting Thailand in August. Staying in Bangkok for 4 nights at Livingstones and going to play the field and experience as many women as my dick will allow (bring back to room, massage parlours, soapys and have to try a bj bar or 2).

I am then either travelling to Krabi or Koh Samui and plan to spend time with a full time companion. Obviously with this I am planning on booking a lady from BKK Rendevous escorts. I have picked out my lady. Not going to name her at this stage. I will be with her (planned) from Saturday night at about 5pm to Thursday around lunch time, so 5 nights and another half day. The qoute was 32000 Baht (yes approx $1100 Aussies dollars which seems a fair bit). Probably rather excessive im sure many will say. I have spoken to the young lady in question and am very impressed. Of course she might be a dud in the sack.

On top of the dollars you also have to add airfares to and from (nothing as i can get return flights to krabi for about $180 for both so only another $90 Aus).

After all the ramble. What are the chances of getting a girl wiling to spend 4 or 5 days with you on such short notice?

Does anyone have some advice?

I think i have gone ot one of the most expensive escort agencies and im sure there are others but from what i have seen bkk rendevous seems to be high quality.

Big YuleyI fully agree with the other members before that it is a complete waste of money to reserve a companion through an overpriced agency.

As you are staying in Livingstone’s lodge and I have just stayed there for 4 days I can tell you that they have a nice selection of girls there for various tastes. Very nice attitudes. This is almost like an agency and we all agree that a look and see and feel before is much better then to decide based on a photo. And it is always better if you have e test run before (and don't do only one) with a girl you intend to spend 4 days with. If you don't find in Livingstone’s a one you like then there are for sure enough to go with you in the typical areas.

Please read the threads. It is absolutely no issue to find a girl who will accompany you.

And the girls can arrange. Even 1 day in advance is not a short notice in Thailand.

You should come along with a max of 3000 baht for the girl + expenses on food etc. From a bar you may need to have an arrangement regarding the barfine.

And as others mentioned the bandwidth is more somewhere from 0 to 3000 baht.

Probably some experts can tell more as this is a common method to take girls to vacation.

Regards

Brain666

Vinny_Viagra
05-11-07, 15:19
Can someone advise me. I am taking some friends to Koh Samui. Having never been there I thought it would be a nice place to see. I'd rather not go to a place like Pattaya which is over run with hookers. Is Samui similar to Pattaya. We are looking for a peaceful friendly place were we will not be affected by the night trade. Any guidance??

Unknown9398
05-11-07, 15:54
Long time lurker and recent member here. I'm happy to say that I'm on my way to BKK in the morning from Korea, where I work. It's my first trip to the LOS. I'll be staying at the President Park for a week. When I get back, I'll post some photos and report on what I encounter. I hope to visit Eden, Soi Cowboy, the Artist Bars, and a massage parlor or two.

Thanks to all the previous posters who have provided such good info about BKK for us newbs to use.

Thor93
05-11-07, 16:53
From a bar you may need to have an arrangement regarding the barfine.
And as others mentioned the bandwidth is more somewhere from 0 to 3000 baht.

Probably some experts can tell more as this is a common method to take girls to vacation.

Regards

Brain666

Absolutely good advice.

My bet is that you will find your companion in the Sports Lounge at Livingstones. If you do, I am sure that if you speak to Giotto, he will work out an equitable agreement on the barfine for the days you take the girl away. Your biggest danger might be that you won't want to give her back at the end.

Another alternative would be to take the girl from the agency the first night and try to work your own deal with her. Of course if you have already discussed the 4 days with her, the well is probably poisoned. In my earlier days in Bangkok I often would end up with a companion from high class escort agencies. I would only pay the agency for the first night. Subsequent nights were either greatly reduced or in several instances, no payment at all. It all depends on the chemistry between you and the girl. For that to happen though you need a part-timer, not a hardened professional. And it might take a couple of different girls to find the right one.

On second thought, just keep going downstairs to the Sports Lounge until you find the right one. It is a lot easier and cheaper.

Thor93
05-11-07, 16:55
Can someone advise me. I am taking some friends to Koh Samui. Having never been there I thought it would be a nice place to see. I'd rather not go to a place like Pattaya which is over run with hookers. Is Samui similar to Pattaya. We are looking for a peaceful friendly place were we will not be affected by the night trade. Any guidance??

I have only been there with my TGF, but Samui is much less intense. There are areas with P4P, but you have to go looking for them. Generally speaking the advice for Samui is to bring your own with you, but there are girls available, just not in huge numbers.

Member #2041
05-11-07, 18:14
I think you'll be fine anywhere in Koh Samui except for Lamai. Personally, I go to Lamai, because it IS loaded with action. Chaweng also has plenty but it is not in your face, you need to look for it at least a little.

If you stay somewhere in Bophut, you won't find ANY action at all.

Traveler1234
05-11-07, 18:28

Others have already answered and you basically just earned back your subscription to Jackson's forum :)

Paying B32,000 (arund US$1,000!) from any escort agency for 5 days is absolutely ludicrous. Don't worry about finding company .... once you land and get settled in, you'll figure out the lay of the land very quickly, especially if you stay at G's and listen to his advice.

Looking into my crystal ball, I forsee you taking two babes with you .... LOL

Thor93
05-11-07, 19:48
When I am going to beach resort I want a full time companion. Big Yuley

I think you have gotten the idea about where to find the companion. So maybe it is time to give some advice about the girl herself.

Find someone that speaks decent English or a language you speak. If you are stuck in there for 4 days with someone you can't even talk to, you might just go crazy despite the sex. It is the rainy season and you may be stuck in the room for long periods of time.

Really take a close look at how she dresses when off duty - ie not working the bar. You are going to be in a resort area with lots of farang women. While the husbands will most likely be envying you, you don't want a girl that looks like she just came off stage at some go-go place. Be prepared for lots of disapproving looks from lots of older western women. You want someone that knows how to dress decently and doesn't look too out of place.

Although it is the rainy season, you will still be out on the beach inbetween showers. Make sure you find a girl that doesn't mind going in the sun with you. My TGF just doesn't get the idea of why farangs would deliberately expose themselves to the sun. When we go to the beach, I end up sitting out by the pool or the beach alot by myself. I don't mind, but some guys might.

Get an idea of what she will eat. If you decide you want western one night, will she be able to order something or will you be out on the street at a cart after wasting a nice meal she doesn't touch. Once again it might not matter, but better to know ahead of time.

The more I think about this, the less I like the idea of taking someone new for 4 straight days. It can be really risky. Just remember you will be with her 24 hours a day and if you fly her down there, she will be hard to get rid of.

Think long and hard about it.

Traveler1234
05-11-07, 20:21
The more I think about this, the less I like the idea of taking someone new for 4 straight days. It can be really risky. Just remember you will be with her 24 hours a day and if you fly her down there, she will be hard to get rid of.

That's why taking 2 actually has a lot of merit....think about it for a minute and I think you'll agree ;)

1Ball
05-12-07, 01:16
Big Yuley, maybe I have missed the post which spells out where you are going? Which resort? If I have, my apologies.

the reason I am asking, is if you are going to a small island, like koh Samet, for example, then you definitely need to bring company with you. If you are going to Samui, read a few posts below, and you will find that to find company on site is very easy. Phuket? Fogedaboutit. They are everywhere. So my question is, do you really want the same girl for 4 or 5 nights? Why not taste a different fruit. Something tells me that as you are sitting in a bar, or a restaurant, or whatever it is you are going to do with this girl, other than have sex, your eyes will pass over dozens of beautiful women who you would like to meet, but the "ball and chain" will be there, and you seem like too much of a gentleman to ask her to go for a long walk on the beach, while you bang away at a couple of cute things. So, my advice, if you are going to a place where there is lots of P4P, is to GO ALONE. Looking for the girl you want to spend the night with is half the fun.

If you really do want bring your own, please lose the phone number of that agency, nothing good will come of it. Go out, and find a freelancer during your stay in BKK, and find out if the chemistry is right. Thor makes some excellent points namely how she dresses, what she eats, etc. But you have 4 nights in BKK, more than enough to find a nice girl, where you don't have to pay a bar fine. Believe me, most girls, if asked at 8.00 AM, will be ready to go by noon. I would also suggest you tell her it is for a couple of days, rather than 4 or 5, though the tour might be extended, and is she ok with that? Then you have a choice, after 2 days, to keep her, or send her home, without her losing face. I would also make a point of agreeing to the price, before you go. IMHO, 1500 to 2000 per day is more than enough. Remember, she is now out of BKK, in a nice place, food and board included, and I am sure, as she passes a shop which has a really cute dress in the window, and hangs onto you, while squealing "oh teerak, I love this dress", you will get it for her. So there will be bonuses on top of the 1500 agreed upon amount.

So now, you are looking at 6,000 to 8,000 for 4 nights, plus a bit of shopping, a far cry from the 32,000 quoted. And remember, just because you pay a lot, doesn't mean you get a lot.

JMO of course.

PS. I just read the part where you mention Krabi, or Samui. I haven't been to Samui in 23 years, when it was still paradise, no big hotels, no airports, nothing. AAAAHHH. But I digress. I was in Krabi 2 years ago, and you will have no problems finding someone nice, fun, and exciting. The added advantage of course, is she will be a local, she knows where to eat, where the fabulous secret beach is, and since she is a local, I am willing to bet she is fine with going to the beach, and getting some sun, unlike the BKK girls, who want to be as white as possible.

PassinThrough
05-12-07, 02:02
Big Yuley,

I have to add my two cents. I agree with the other guys, why book an escort for 32000 when you will no doubt find someone in Bangkok to go with. If you want you can also find a girl or several girls in the places you are going. If you want to spend time with the same girl during the whole trip, or evan a majority of it, you can easily find someone in Bangkok to go with you. Most of the girls would jump as a nice paid vacation as long as you are a nice guy and show them respect and some fun.

If you want to stay with the same girl, I know there are some nice things to be said about that, then definately find one you like in Bangkok and spend a couple nights with her there to make sure you like her enough to take her away with you. I can also recommend Livingstones, it is a great place and the girls there are really nice and friendly. I think any of them wuld love to go away for a few days with a nice guy and it won't cost you 32,000 baht.

PIT

Big Yuley
05-12-07, 02:30
Big Yuley, maybe I have missed the post which spells out where you are going? Which resort? If I have, my apologies.

the reason I am asking, is if you are going to a small island, like koh Samet, for example, then you definitely need to bring company with you. If you are going to Samui, read a few posts below, and you will find that to find company on site is very easy. Phuket? Fogedaboutit. They are everywhere. So my question is, do you really want the same girl for 4 or 5 nights? Why not taste a different fruit. Something tells me that as you are sitting in a bar, or a restaurant, or whatever it is you are going to do with this girl, other than have sex, your eyes will pass over dozens of beautiful women who you would like to meet, but the "ball and chain" will be there, and you seem like too much of a gentleman to ask her to go for a long walk on the beach, while you bang away at a couple of cute things. So, my advice, if you are going to a place where there is lots of P4P, is to GO ALONE. Looking for the girl you want to spend the night with is half the fun.

If you really do want bring your own, please lose the phone number of that agency, nothing good will come of it. Go out, and find a freelancer during your stay in BKK, and find out if the chemistry is right. Thor makes some excellent points namely how she dresses, what she eats, etc. But you have 4 nights in BKK, more than enough to find a nice girl, where you don't have to pay a bar fine. Believe me, most girls, if asked at 8.00 AM, will be ready to go by noon. I would also suggest you tell her it is for a couple of days, rather than 4 or 5, though the tour might be extended, and is she ok with that? Then you have a choice, after 2 days, to keep her, or send her home, without her losing face. I would also make a point of agreeing to the price, before you go. IMHO, 1500 to 2000 per day is more than enough. Remember, she is now out of BKK, in a nice place, food and board included, and I am sure, as she passes a shop which has a really cute dress in the window, and hangs onto you, while squealing "oh teerak, I love this dress", you will get it for her. So there will be bonuses on top of the 1500 agreed upon amount.

So now, you are looking at 6,000 to 8,000 for 4 nights, plus a bit of shopping, a far cry from the 32,000 quoted. And remember, just because you pay a lot, doesn't mean you get a lot.

JMO of course.

PS. I just read the part where you mention Krabi, or Samui. I haven't been to Samui in 23 years, when it was still paradise, no big hotels, no airports, nothing. AAAAHHH. But I digress. I was in Krabi 2 years ago, and you will have no problems finding someone nice, fun, and exciting. The added advantage of course, is she will be a local, she knows where to eat, where the fabulous secret beach is, and since she is a local, I am willing to bet she is fine with going to the beach, and getting some sun, unlike the BKK girls, who want to be as white as possible.Either Krabi or Koh Samui.

I went to Koh Samui about 5 years ago ( with my g/f at the time) and stayed at Chaweng and noticed plenty of bars where there were attractive Thai girls asking me and my g/f to join them for a drink so im sure there are plenty of places to pick up a nice lady to play with.

Krabi I dont know anything about.

1st 4 or 5 nights at Livingstones in Bkk.

One other question I have got. If i leave it to the last minute and ask a lady i like in BKK to join me, how easy is it to book a ticket by plane to either of these locations at the last minute?

Cheers

Big Yuley
05-12-07, 02:40
Big Yuley,

I have to add my two cents. I agree with the other guys, why book an escort for 32000 when you will no doubt find someone in Bangkok to go with. If you want you can also find a girl or several girls in the places you are going. If you want to spend time with the same girl during the whole trip, or evan a majority of it, you can easily find someone in Bangkok to go with you. Most of the girls would jump as a nice paid vacation as long as you are a nice guy and show them respect and some fun.

If you want to stay with the same girl, I know there are some nice things to be said about that, then definately find one you like in Bangkok and spend a couple nights with her there to make sure you like her enough to take her away with you. I can also recommend Livingstones, it is a great place and the girls there are really nice and friendly. I think any of them wuld love to go away for a few days with a nice guy and it won't cost you 32,000 baht.

PITI read some of the post re the dirty looks etc from western women. I am only 33 years old so it will not look to bad and i dont care if elderly western women look at me as i have a young Thai hottie hanging off my arm.

They are only jealous as they will not be getting my man meat later in that night!

Big Yuley
05-12-07, 04:14

JMO of course.

PS. I just read the part where you mention Krabi, or Samui. I haven't been to Samui in 23 years, when it was still paradise, no big hotels, no airports, nothing. AAAAHHH. But I digress. I was in Krabi 2 years ago, and you will have no problems finding someone nice, fun, and exciting. The added advantage of course, is she will be a local, she knows where to eat, where the fabulous secret beach is, and since she is a local, I am willing to bet she is fine with going to the beach, and getting some sun, unlike the BKK girls, who want to be as white as possible.You compare that it will cost my the same for return airfares from Melbourne to Bankgkok, and 4 nights accom at LIVINGSTONES for the same amount of cash that this lady will cost me.

I think my mind is made up.

LittleBigMan
05-12-07, 06:03
Big Yuley,

I agree with the other posters, if you are going to be staying at the Livingstones you should be able to find what you need. I understand it's not the money with you but locking yourself into a deal leaves you no flexibility if something goes wrong. When you leave Bangkok and go to your other destinations you should go alone and leave again your options open so you can sample and sample to your heart desire in the candy store.

Good luck, LBM

Wheelchair_Guy
05-13-07, 13:28
I will be flying into Bangkok on Sunday the 20th and heading straight to Pattaya for my annual two-week Birthday trip.

While I find almost all Thai girls attractive, I admit to a constant craving for big breasts.

Real or surgically enhanced does not matter -- as long as the the pussy is real.

As it has been a year since my last trip and things are constantly changing, I would be grateful if anyone could PM with any recent info on large-breasted beauties.

Names and places would be a big help.

I happen to be paralyzed and in a wheelchair, but I have no problem pushing from Soi 13 down to Soi 6 or anywhere around Walking Street.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Wheelchair Racer

Big Yuley
05-13-07, 14:23
Big Yuley,

I agree with the other posters, if you are going to be staying at the Livingstones you should be able to find what you need. I understand it's not the money with you but locking yourself into a deal leaves you no flexibility if something goes wrong. When you leave Bangkok and go to your other destinations you should go alone and leave again your options open so you can sample and sample to your heart desire in the candy store.

Good luck, LBMThe reason i want a full time companion in Koh Samui or Krabi is that when i am there i wasnt to stay in a very good resort (4 or 5 star) and obviously i am concerned re the place being Girl Friendly. I have read about many hotels on the islands that ar GF but not to many reports on the 4 and 5 star places.

Any advice on the GF nature of 4 and 5 stars resorts in Koh Samui or Krabi???

Big Yuley

Terry Terrier
05-13-07, 20:40
Big Yuley,

Assuming that you are sticking to your criterion of taking a girl to your chosen 5* resort hotel, it doesn't matter if it's gf or not. Simply register her as your fiancee on arrival (assuming you've booked a double :)).

Pittsdaulga
05-13-07, 20:52
Quick question if you don't mind. What hotel are you staying at in Pattaya? Is it accessible and what's the rates? I've been looking online and I can't find a cheep accessible hotel... your experience would be appreciated. I'll be in Pattaya from 5/26 - 6/1 w/a couple friends.

Thanks!

Pitts

Big Yuley
05-13-07, 23:13
Big Yuley,

Assuming that you are sticking to your criterion of taking a girl to your chosen 5* resort hotel, it doesn't matter if it's gf or not. Simply register her as your fiancee on arrival (assuming you've booked a double :)).Yes Terry, thats assuming I travel with the girl.

But if I don't and just play it by ear when I arrive at the resort destination and go to a bar and then come back with a girl, well.

Thor93
05-14-07, 03:48
Yes Terry, thats assuming I travel with the girl.

But if I don't and just play it by ear when I arrive at the resort destination and go to a bar and then come back with a girl, well.

It really is going to depend on the hotel. And at the hotel the physical layout is also going to come into play. A lot of the resort hotels are spread out and you can come and go to the rooms without having to run the gauntlet in the lobby. Read the forum and reviews to figure it out, but often until you actually get there you might not know how much hassle is going to be involved.

Another factor in the resort areas is where the hotel is located. Many of the 5 star hotels are out by themselves and a long way from any action. That does make a strong case for bring your own.

Both Krabi and Samui offer lots of choices on hotels, but you have to be careful on just where the hotel is actually located. You will want to go to one of the hotel sites and read reviews of the hotel. With a Thai girl in tow you will want a hotel close to town, preferably within walking distance.

PassinThrough
05-14-07, 04:12
I am going to be in Bangkok on the 25th, let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up for a beer and maybe a tour of Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza. You can find me at Livingstones.

PIT

Ljohnson
05-14-07, 08:12
My girl and I plan to take the overnight train from Bangkok to Chiang Mai several days from now. My question has to do with smoking on the train. I understand that smoking has been banned on the trains. But if we get a first class sleeper cabin for the overnight 13 hour ride, can we get by with smoking (cigarettes, that is) in our enclosed private cabin, with the window open (I presume there is a window?)

Surely, they do not require smokers to refrain from smoking for the duration of the 13 hour ride, do they? Any help will be appreciated. I want to take the train but my girl says she will not go if she cannot smoke.

Thanks,

LJ

Big Yuley
05-14-07, 08:50
It really is going to depend on the hotel. And at the hotel the physical layout is also going to come into play. A lot of the resort hotels are spread out and you can come and go to the rooms without having to run the gauntlet in the lobby. Read the forum and reviews to figure it out, but often until you actually get there you might not know how much hassle is going to be involved.

Another factor in the resort areas is where the hotel is located. Many of the 5 star hotels are out by themselves and a long way from any action. That does make a strong case for bring your own.

Both Krabi and Samui offer lots of choices on hotels, but you have to be careful on just where the hotel is actually located. You will want to go to one of the hotel sites and read reviews of the hotel. With a Thai girl in tow you will want a hotel close to town, preferably within walking distance.I went to Koh Samui about 5 years ago and stayed at Chaweng Beach at a high class resort and you could make your way to the room without going through lobby, but can think of name of resort.

Will have to check it up.

Alejandro66
05-14-07, 10:30
Quick question if you don't mind. What hotel are you staying at in Pattaya? Is it accessible and what's the rates? I've been looking online and I can't find a cheep accessible hotel... your experience would be appreciated. I'll be in Pattaya from 5/26 - 6/1 w/a couple friends.

Thanks!

Pitts

I know for sure that Areca Lodge (www.arecalodge.com)is fully accessible as well as, on a more expensive side, the Marriot.
A friend of mine told me that most rooms at Sabai Lodge in soi 3 are accessible too.
Hope this can help.

Regards,

Alex

Baldoon
05-14-07, 10:44
Can any fellow mongers offer me a better plan?

I don't get out much these days, having been in a longtime relationship with a Thai lady for many years. As we live in a smallish town I don't take any silly risks with the local talent.

However I have the opportunity for a little adventure shortly, when I will have six hours between flights in BKK during which time I will be free to do as I please. I am planning to hop a taxi down to Sukhumvit, sink a few beers and then visit Darling Massage before going back to the airport.

My question for those more currently experienced than I is: can you suggest a better use of this freetime? For background, I know my way around Bangkok and all the mongering venues and speak Thai reasonably well. What do you recommend colleagues?

Thanks for any replies.

Brain666
05-14-07, 16:59
Can any fellow mongers offer me a better plan?

I don't get out much these days, having been in a longtime relationship with a Thai lady for many years. As we live in a smallish town I don't take any silly risks with the local talent.

However I have the opportunity for a little adventure shortly, when I will have six hours between flights in BKK during which time I will be free to do as I please. I am planning to hop a taxi down to Sukhumvit, sink a few beers and then visit Darling Massage before going back to the airport.

My question for those more currently experienced than I is: can you suggest a better use of this freetime? For background, I know my way around Bangkok and all the mongering venues and speak Thai reasonably well. What do you recommend colleagues?

Thanks for any replies.

For this I think Eden is the best suggestion.

2 enthisiastic Girls for 3600 in 90 minutes.

regards

Brain66

Traveler1234
05-14-07, 18:13
for this i think eden is the best suggestion.

2 enthisiastic girls for 3600 in 90 minutes.

brain66

if you want to warm up first, head to [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) for bbbjcim, then head over to edens. that should empty your bladder for a few hours ;)

Thor93
05-14-07, 21:06
if you want to warm up first, head to [CodeWord900] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord900) for bbbjcim, then head over to edens. that should empty your bladder for a few hours ;)

i don't think he will have time for more than one or the other. 6 hours between flights leaves at best only 3 or 4 hours time on the ground outside the airport. i would say only time for eden.

Daddy07
05-14-07, 22:10

humm... he didn't mention anything about [CodeWord117] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord117), but i believe that is possible at eden too. :)

Thedeno
05-15-07, 00:35
I fly to the lovely LOS on Wednesday. I'll be in BKK from Thurs until Sun (DIG 5/17-5/20), then down to Pattaya from 5/20 until 5/28 (Dynasty Inn...with maybe a side trip in there somewhere).

If any other board members will be around then, drop me a line and we can grab a beer together and compare notes.

Denis

Wheelchair_Guy
05-15-07, 02:15

Thanks!

PittsPitts:

I usually stay at the Sandy Spring on Soi 13 which had adequate accessbility for my wheelchair.

But they have discontinued their VIP program (the rooms are about 1300 Baht a night with a great location).

For my upcoming arrival on Sunday, I will be checking out a different hotel that is supposed to be wheelchair accessible so I will give it a try.

I will be in Pattaya for 2 weeks from May 20 through June 3.

C ya,

Wheelchair Racer

Big Yuley
05-15-07, 10:03
I emailed BKK rendevaous to inform them that I would not be going ahead with my booking of the particular lady as I thought the price was rather excessive (32, 000 BAHT for 5 days), particularly as my return airfare to Thailand and accom in Bangkok isn't costing me that much. And given they wanted 10, 000 baht upfront, I said it was too much sight un seen.

The response I got was thanks for wasting our time you time waster. You didn't fool us for a minute.

So obviously I made the correct decision. If they treat "Potential clients" like that, you can only imagine the poor service that may transpire if I went through with the booking.

My advice is do not contact BKK rendevaous at all.

BIG YULEY

Pittsdaulga
05-17-07, 01:01
Wheelchair Guy and Alex,

Thank you both for your help. Areca Lodge and Sandy Spring Hotel both look nice. I think I'll check into Sandy Spring, it looks closest to the fun. At least I think.

See ya' there!

Pitts

Member #4147
05-17-07, 14:01
Bangkok Birthday Bash Begins Sunday. Bringing my buddy to bkk for his first visit & to celebrate his 44th. Would like to find a gogo bar to put him onstage as he doesn't embarrass easily. So suggestion are welcome but should probably be limited to NEP or Cowboy as we'll be staying at the Majestic Grande. Also seeking less smokey gogos as my friend is not very tolerant of smoke. You want to cross paths - pm away. May have an informal meeting @ Livingstone's Monday night prior to a Cowboy crawl.

Long Time Boy
05-20-07, 03:09
Have been to BKK many times (see previous posts) and am coming again in June. This time I'd like to participate in some orgy or gangbang action.

Does anyone know where this happens?

Does anyone want to set up a session/s?

PM me or answer in thread

Any other ideas for good times welcome.

LTB

FreeWolf66
05-21-07, 07:31
I am going to bkk and Pattaya June 4 through June 12. Anyone looking to be a wingman contact me. I've been several times but if you have new places let me know. If not let me be your informer. Drunkards need not apply. If you don't respect locals get lost.]

Amocuba
05-28-07, 04:02
Amocuba in Pattaya August 2007 and looking to hook up with other board members. Once I get my schedule put together I will post. Anyone in Pattaya at that time?

FreeWolf66
05-29-07, 03:00
Hey guys,

I don't mind being a travel advisor. I'll be there 5 June through 13 June.

Pier999
05-29-07, 14:17
I have been a longtime observer and looking forward to submitting reports. I have spent hours reading posts and in some ways more unsure. First if I could ask for input on a where to stay. I have narrowed it down to Majestic suits and Livingstones and though of splitting it up. I will arrive at 9 pm on thrs, and will stay throught the following weekend, leaving Sunday. Should I start my trip near soi cowboy/ Livingstone or NaNa/ Majestic suites. Is Majestic suits charge for joiners? If I bring my laptop do both hotels have US power or do I need to buy converter. I may be traveling alone so would it be easier to meet guys to hang out with at Livingstone? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

BuleDaddy
05-30-07, 01:24
Beating the Farhang out of his money is up there with football and kickboxing as the national sport!!! Bewhere! Note that the cops released her until they can get "solid forensic evidence". Normally the farhang gets "flying lessons" off a balcony or accidently suffocates with a plastic bag over their head and they call it suicide. Pinoy women do it too.

71 Year Old Dane Murdered in Chiangmai (ex-wife realeased without bail)

CHIANG MAI: -- A 71 year old Danish resident of Chiang Mai in Northern Thailand, Paul During, was on 25 May 2007 found murdered in his home.

The Dane was found by the neighbours who earlier in the day had heard him fight with a woman, possibly a former girlfriend who had apparantly come back to ask for a car, he had bought in her name.

The body of the Dane was found in his one story house in Tatan south of the city centre near the Ping River which he had rented for the past three years.

He was found naked near the door to the terrace with a broken nose and the back of his neck was swollen. There was sign of blood in the house an there was blood and hair on a walking stick, which the police has taken as evidence.

Police Officer Tennik Jansee from ChangPeuk police station in Chaingmai investigated the murdered said that there was also a hole in the door of the Dane's bedroom and the keyhole was damaged.

The Nissan pick-up truck was found parked in the garage unlock, the cabinet in the front of the car was open. The police checked the license and the car belongs to Anong Chaiyawut, 52 years from Chiangmai.

According to neighbors the Dane has been living in this house for about three years with Anong and bought her the car. Later, Anong broke up with him and move in with another foreigner. After that, the Dane brought a woman named .June to live in the house with him. Before the incident, June had gone back to visit her birthplace and it was during her absence, that Anong came by and asked for the keys to the car. But the Dane refused to give it to her and they could hear they had a fight about this before there was suddenly silence.

The neighbor found it strange and went in to see and found the Dane lying naked on the floor, dead.

The police suspects that the Dane was murdered by the girl with whom he was fighting. Then he was hit by the stick and he fell on the ground, hit the floor with his head which caused his death. The woman then tried to find the car's key but couldn't find it so she ran away.

The investigation team has collected all the finger prints as evidence and the forensic confirms that the Dane did not die by natural cause. But the body needs to be examined in more details to determine if he was murdered or died by hitting the floor.

The police was able to bring in Anong for questioning. She denies any involvcement in the death of her ex-husband. She was later released while the police awaits the forensic report in order to be able to to make an arrest based on solid evidence.

Gangles
05-30-07, 10:24
The gf and I had traveled to Bangkok early May from different countries. Both of us found that the locks on our checked bags had been removed. Must have happened in Bangkok, since we traveled from different countries, different airlines, different routes. So make sure that you have nothing of value in your bag. May be worthwhile thinking about plastic wrapping the bags from here on in.

Fox Two
05-30-07, 22:56
...If I bring my laptop do both hotels have US power or do I need to buy converter. I may be traveling alone so would it be easier to meet guys to hang out with at Livingstone? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

@Pier999

Although I'm pretty sure Livingstones has US style power supplies, getting a converter would be wise. Your power supply should read something like input 100-240V 50-60 Hz, so you won't need a transformer. If it doesn't then get one of those too.

If you want to meet with other ISG folks talk to Giotto for introductions. He's a great guy even if he looks like David Letterman. =)

Cheers

Fox Two

Member #4655
05-31-07, 00:38
Am staying Livingstones 5 june for 4 days. Giotto is away in Sing so he cant make any intros to other esteemed members. Any of you that will be there in that window and would like to meet for a beer pleae pm me. Would love to exchange some "war stories'.

Max

Duniawala
05-31-07, 14:08
Wed May 24.

After leaving the newbie to his luck at the customs, I weave past the touts and go down to Level 1 for the taxi. At the booth (more like table on the pavement) I say Sukhumvit, Rembrandt hotel. OK: 50 B Airport Surcharge, 65 Tollway and 300 to Suk. Total: 405 B. Pay to Taxi driver. OK?

No OK, I said. (On my last trip I got ripped off as the taxi never took the tollway, but took the full 400 anyway.) Meter taxi please. OK, OK, you give 375B OK. No OK, I said meter only please. Grudgingly they gave me the Taxi slip and reminded me twice that I have to pay the surcharge and the tollway. Fine I said and got in to the taxi.

I tell the driver, go hotel, no tollway. Who needs the tollway at 6 in the morning anyway.

Total damage: 180 B Fare +50 B Airport charge = 230B.

Beware newbies, don't go for the scam and save the money for a few beers.

Daddy07
05-31-07, 14:30
Wed May 24.

After leaving the newbie to his luck at the customs, I weave past the touts and go down to Level 1 for the taxi. At the booth (more like table on the pavement) I say Sukhumvit, Rembrandt hotel. OK: 50 B Airport Surcharge, 65 Tollway and 300 to Suk. Total: 405 B. Pay to Taxi driver. OK?

No OK, I said. (On my last trip I got ripped off as the taxi never took the tollway, but took the full 400 anyway.) Meter taxi please. OK, OK, you give 375B OK. No OK, I said meter only please. Grudgingly they gave me the Taxi slip and reminded me twice that I have to pay the surcharge and the tollway. Fine I said and got in to the taxi.

I tell the driver, go hotel, no tollway. Who needs the tollway at 6 in the morning anyway.

Beware newbies, don't go for the scam and save the money for a few beers.

This is the kind of information which makes this forum valuable. It's the sort of advice we all can use. This is a report of distinction. (Now if I only knew how to get it there)

Thanks Duni
Daddy

NicFrenchy
06-01-07, 10:31
Wed May 24.

Beware newbies, don't go for the scam and save the money for a few beers.Hahahahahaha, the Taxi hustling LOL

It's no news to us Expats but Highly Valuable info for Newbies.

Thank you for posting that.

I have to say this type of scam never happened to me... the guys at the table always gave me the Paper (useless piece of Sheet anyhow) and I was on my way. I have to admit I tell them my destination in Thai so they assume I live here (and I do).

Make sure you learn how to say the Address where you go in Thai. For Example if you go to the Davis hotel on Sukh Soi 24, say: "Pai Sukhumvit Soi Yip See Khap" you don't need to say the hotel name, you can tell the driver when you approach soi 24.

Also, Learning the Thai numbers is a MUST. You'll need that Everywhere.
I remember I was in Chiang mai and a Thai was quoted 40thb for an item at the night market, out of curiosiy, I asked how much the same item would cost (in English) and was asked for 200thb, but special discount 50thb for you sir, only 150thb. Hahahahaha, nice try.

Member #4655
06-02-07, 06:47
Colleagues,

In previous visits to LOS I used to go to some of the BJ bars in Asoke plaza during the morning. When i was there 6 months back looked like lots of those bars had closed up and there was lots of construction going on there. Not sure current situation.

I like the sound of a hj maybe bj in a dark bar in the evening too so am going to head out and explore in NEP in the hope of a fumble in the gloom.

My usual haunt was 5 star in Cowboy but last time I was there quality was certainly on the slide, although they were all as friendly as ever! Never spent much time at NEP but am looking to broaden my horizons.

Would appreciate any suggestions about bars where girls will do hj's. Happy to give a full and comprehensive report.

Max

Dinghy
06-02-07, 11:45
Extra information -

A possible solution to a notable rip-off - it's possible depending on time of day to get an "ordinary" BUS from the public bus centre to downtown for 35B or so (instead of the 400B taxi ride - they ALL cost 400B INBOUND right now) or the 150B express bus ride. Yes a bit more time but lot lower cost. If you are going to the Nana area, try #553 (might be 533 or 353 - I didn't write down the bus number) that goes to Victory Monument. Get off somewhere before the monument and take a cab the rest of the way for maybe 45B. (77B total I seem to remember) I'm not sure if the bus runs all night - it might and it sure beats waiting for the express bus that seems to never leave (last one at about 11pm or so). Going back out the meter cab fare was 170B from Asoke BTS station. I SWEAR BKK taxi drivers are masters of the art of rip-off though. No meter, no go! Seems also that even with an agreed negotiated fare, that amount seems to be "raised" when you get there (meter is ALWAYS cheaper) IF you are heading south (Trat, Chantaburi, in between) the busses leave Ekkamai until about midnite - but it would put you into Trat about 430AM after leaving midnite. No idea of how to ride the bus back out TO the airport though, except for the airport bus and i didn't figure out when it STARTS (so those of you with 6am departures, it might be "difficult" - just use a cab)

For those of you who get hungry at the airport before departure, go down to the first floor and then go in the direction of traffic to the food court. (literally the last door straight ahead before the wall on the south side of the terminal. pretty much right by the taxi stand but inside the terminal. Don't go outside - the door is inside. Prices are only a little higher than "street" prices in BKK - most dishes are in the 30 to 40B range - a few higher. (food service aimed at the locals - you need to like Thai food since NO western food is available) Buy "coupons" at the desk right inside the door. No baggage trolleys allowed inside, but individual bags are allowed. What you don't spend, you can get refunded on the way out (for those who remember the system at Royal Asia in Pattaya, it's similar but they don't use the cards - just coupons. 100B (about $3 US) will get you pretty much anything on their various menus. In the "normal" restaurants in the rest of the terminal, 100B won't buy much (besides, the food is "better" where the locals go, anyway)

Yes, I'm "frugal"

Duniawala
06-02-07, 20:14
Extra information -

A possible solution to a notable rip-off - it's possible depending on time of day to get an "ordinary" BUS from the public bus centre to downtown for 35B or so (instead of the 400B taxi ride - they ALL cost 400B INBOUND right now) or the 150B express bus ride. Yes a bit more time but lot lower cost. If you are going to the Nana area, try #553 (might be 533 or 353 - I didn't write down the bus number) that goes to Victory Monument. Get off somewhere before the monument and take a cab the rest of the way for maybe 45B. (77B total I seem to remember) I'm not sure if the bus runs all night - it might and it sure beats waiting for the express bus that seems to never leave (last one at about 11pm or so). Going back out the meter cab fare was 170B from Asoke BTS station. I SWEAR BKK taxi drivers are masters of the art of rip-off though. No meter, no go! Seems also that even with an agreed negotiated fare, that amount seems to be "raised" when you get there (meter is ALWAYS cheaper) IF you are heading south (Trat, Chantaburi, in between) the busses leave Ekkamai until about midnite - but it would put you into Trat about 430AM after leaving midnite. No idea of how to ride the bus back out TO the airport though, except for the airport bus and i didn't figure out when it STARTS (so those of you with 6am departures, it might be "difficult" - just use a cab) ................

Dinghy, you are right, but for us folks with a couple of suitcases to lug around it is impractical to catch a bus. If I only had a carry on, then it make sense. Otherwise we have to take a taxi.

Yin Yang
06-02-07, 21:16
I can't confirm that all taxis now are 400Bt - yesterday I actually got a meter taxi from the airport to Livingstone's without any hassle. Also, and I think it has been said before: Actually the 400Bt aren't such a rip-off. For instance, I paid 230-something Baht on the meter plus 65Bt tollways fees plus 50Bt airport charge, i.e. about 350Bt in total. Depending on your destination 400Bt flat fee might thus be pretty close to what you'd pay on the meter.

Still I prefer the meter option because I think it is the better and more transparent one ...

YY

Brain666
06-03-07, 00:22
Extra information -

A possible solution to a notable rip-off - it's possible depending on time of day to get an "ordinary" BUS from the public bus centre to downtown for 35B or so (instead of the 400B taxi ride - they ALL cost 400B INBOUND right now) or the 150B express bus ride. Yes a bit more time but lot lower cost. If you are going to the Nana area, try #553 (might be 533 or 353 - I didn't write down the bus number) that goes to Victory Monument. Get off somewhere before the monument and take a cab the rest of the way for maybe 45B. (77B total I seem to remember) I'm not sure if the bus runs all night - it might and it sure beats waiting for the express bus that seems to never leave (last one at about 11pm or so). Going back out the meter cab fare was 170B from Asoke BTS station. I SWEAR BKK taxi drivers are masters of the art of rip-off though. No meter, no go! Seems also that even with an agreed negotiated fare, that amount seems to be "raised" when you get there (meter is ALWAYS cheaper) IF you are heading south (Trat, Chantaburi, in between) the busses leave Ekkamai until about midnite - but it would put you into Trat about 430AM after leaving midnite. No idea of how to ride the bus back out TO the airport though, except for the airport bus and i didn't figure out when it STARTS (so those of you with 6am departures, it might be "difficult" - just use a cab)

Yes, I'm "frugal"

Dinghy,
Nothing against frugal people and of course every body’s budget is somehow limited and sometimes it is also principle.

I see it more from a broader perspective. Time vs. money.

Yes I could take the bus and save about 300 baht.
But this is definitely too inconvenient for me coming with a suitcase and hand luggage and not as a backpacker.
And not to forget, coming to LOS for only a few days, I am ready for a certain surcharge to get to the girls quicker.
The sky train everybody can see constructed on the way to downtown may be an option in the future, but this takes probably another 2 (?) years to be completed.

With Taxi the actual 'rip Off' is about probably 50-100 baht if you count around 200-250 for the pure meter + highway and Airport fee.

So still I don't like the principle, but if the surcharge is that 'little', I can live with it.
It still can be balanced with other expenses such as ladies, massage fees, tips etc. Compared to the total I spend there the 100 rip of (or even the 300 compare to bus ride) wouldn't show up as huge percentage in your final 'expense report'.

regards

Brain666

Duniawala
06-03-07, 15:56
With Taxi the actual 'rip Off' is about probably 50-100 baht if you count around 200-250 for the pure meter + highway and Airport fee.

So still I don't like the principle, but if the surcharge is that 'little', I can live with it.

As you say, it is not the money, it is the principle. 50-100 B is not going to make any dent compared to what we spend. However, we are talking about an international airport with an officially sanctioned taxi stand. (A 50 Baht surcharge is nothing but a tax). If they process 1000 taxis a day, that's a 50,000 B extra. No small change, is it.

Thor93
06-03-07, 16:44
As you say, it is not the money, it is the principle. 50-100 B is not going to make any dent compared to what we spend. However, we are talking about an international airport with an officially sanctioned taxi stand. (A 50 Baht surcharge is nothing but a tax). If they process 1000 taxis a day, that's a 50,000 B extra. No small change, is it.

Precisely. When they first opened all was legal and above board, but it did not take long for them to figure out a way to tweak the system to beat us out of a little bit more.

The first time it happened to me, I had a bit of a discussion with the driver about it. He told me he had to pay the dispatcher. I guess they are beating the airport authority out of their 50 baht fee in addition to a bit more on the fare. As you said, it all adds up.

What is amazing is that it is happening right off the official line right in front to the desk. I guess no one in authority there bothers to look or more likely they are getting their cut.

Dinghy
06-03-07, 23:17
Ah, yes - but the point was that you DON'T have to go by taxi - there are "alternatives". Now maybe to Pattaya at midnite, it's "practical" to share a cab with someone else. you'll still get there at 2am or so anyway. My most recent trip into Suwanaphoum was at 8pm at night. Express bus wasn't leaving for an hour, taxi was 400B (yes, they were ALL 400B and there was no way the driver was going for the meter - my response - "Mai tum metuh, mai ja bai!" and I walked (which pissed him off no end - he had the dispatch slip in his hand, but it was my call, not his) "City" bus (A/C) left about 10 mins later from the bus terminal (express service from 2nd floor to the city bus terminal). Aside from not knowing exactly where I was (except for a vague idea) it wasn't a bad trip (but I don't know that I would recommend it to someone who speaks no Thai)

IF you go to the city bus terminal and want to go to Pattaya, busses leave at 9, 11, 1, 3 and 6... I seem to remember - go to the window and get a ticket. Same 2 or so hours as a cab, just not quite as convenient to get to a hotel by baht bus (who, BTW are also crooks)

There is an element of "adventure" in travel in Thailand. I like it.

BTW - there WAS a 50B "airport taxi departure fee" even from Don Muang so this isn't "new". Taxi meter from Livingston's area (soi 31) to the airport was 175B (no tollway - in the evening roads were relatively "clear" - tolls would have added maybe 50 to that. maybe I just got an honest driver.)

Sprite13
06-05-07, 07:50
Wasn't sure where to post this but here it goes. I am a regular at the Brasil forum as I travel there frequently but I have been thinking for a while now to give Asia a try and more specifically Thailand. I have been reading the Thailand forum for a few days, lots of info but still for a total newbie to the Thai scene, it can be a bit daunting. I am planning a trip there for the fall of this year or early next year. A few questions to the experts in here:

Where in Thailand would you suggest as being the best place in terms of the quality of the girls and their GFE?

Which city would you recommend as the best overall in terms of safety, overall cost, a beautiful beach and hot and sexy girls?

Where are the must cities to visit in Thailand for both leisure/beach and other touristy/cultural stuff and the hobby?

I do not speak a word of Thai but I am willing to invest some time and $ into if not speaking the language fluently, at least a few words/phrases to get me through. Besides Thai, are there a lot of Thais that speak any western mainly latin languages?

I appreciate the feedback, comments and tips concerning Thailand and preparing my first trip there.

Cheers.

Franga
06-05-07, 12:34
I appreciate the feedback, comments and tips concerning Thailand and preparing my first trip there.

I was in Brasil last yr and hit the mainly low end spots in Rio, S. Paulo, Belo H., Manaus. A lot of variety with the girls in Brazil I found, and I had a good time there.

If you have never been to Thailand then you should definitely come. For me Pattaya is the best. The ambiance of the beach and the coconut trees on Beach Road just does it for me, together with low prices for the girls, and ease of getting around. I would recommend Pattaya over Bangkok. Freelancers on Beach road, Pattaya go for 500B ST ($15USD). They are quite good if you sort through all the chafe, but are not overly great performers. Some struggle with size, and most have been knocked up with usually one or two kids. Hence pussy tightness is a bit of an issue. I suppose you get what you pay for!
Despite this I have had some great sessions with a lot of them, and always enjoy the “hunt”.

BTW, there is no surf in Pattaya, as in Rio, and the water is slightly dirty. I never swim in the sea as I have a good pool where I stay. For me the sea is just there for ambiance only.

There are hundreds of beer bars full of Isaan girls too in Pattaya, but it is a bit difficult to find something attractive, IMO. The bar fine is 200b, and ST with the girl is 500B.

For better bodies you can try the go-go bars. There are some nice racks in there (try Happy a go go in Walking St), and the girls are usually childless. Prices are much higher though. 600Baht for bar fine and 1000 to 1500B ST I believe, though I have never partaken in these places.

If you want something similar to a thermas visit, you can visit the Body massage places. In Pattaya, they charge 1600B for 1.5hrs. Tip will be an extra 500B.

Safety is not really an issue in Thailand, especially in comparison to Brazil. Just take the usual precautions against overcharging and stealth pilfering (by the girls when you are with them).

Language is not a problem here. All the girls I have met in Pattaya speak English. Some quite good. Their English has gotten better over the years I have noticed. I don’t believe they speak other languages, but I am not sure about this.

For other localities to visit. Patong in Phuket has a really magnificent beach, and a lot of mongering. Koh Samui island is good, plus some mongering . Chiang Mai is passable for a tourist visit (minimal mongering). Trek around the Mae Hong Song area. Other minor destinations for tourism are Koh Samed, Koh Chang, Sukothai, River Kwai.

For an out of the way mongering destination while you are in the area, try Cambodia. Here you can try Vietnamese chicks, which are lighter skinned, and some have nice fulsome racks as well.

Overall in comparison to Brazil you will get much bigger bang for your buck in Thailand, and it is always warm, safe, and with good food too. The girls are friendly and yes they do smile a lot! The only downside is the lack of variety that you get in Brazil.

Rubberyman
06-06-07, 00:05
Dinghy,

I agree with you. The other thing I would suggest is that if they won't turn on the meter, and insist on 400Bht, make sure to have exactly 400Bht to give them at the end of the trip - and no tip.

Big smile saying "400Bht include tip"...after you have your luggage out. (I never travel with anything bigger than a day pack that I take with me).

I am coming on my first trip out of the new airport next week. If I have any of my typing fingers left, I shall let you know if it worked.

Duniawala
06-06-07, 14:29
Dinghy,

I agree with you. The other thing I would suggest is that if they won't turn on the meter, and insist on 400Bht, make sure to have exactly 400Bht to give them at the end of the trip - and no tip.

Big smile saying "400Bht include tip"...after you have your luggage out. (I never travel with anything bigger than a day pack that I take with me).

I am coming on my first trip out of the new airport next week. If I have any of my typing fingers left, I shall let you know if it worked.
To clarify the issues for the newbies at the new airport.

In Don Muang there is a booth where you get the taxi slip. In Suvaranabhumi, when you come out to the Taxi stand there is table set up on the pavement.

There are usually 2 people sitting there. The one on the left (as you face them) is the one trying to wrestle the 400 B fare. Most people (including me) tend to go to the first person available, in which case is this hustler.

The person on the right will give you the Don Muang style taxi slip without much hassle. Even if you are dealing with the hustler, just a couple of polite no will do the job. She then has no choice but to give you the slip.

Toad Thelittle
06-06-07, 17:21
Hi Long ime Boy,

I've visted BKK a few times and had the same question, about an orgy or gangbang. I will be there in a few days, 10th/11th June.

I'm also interested in just watching someone in action. :)

When I floated the question someone suggested I just sponsor someone's session! ;)

You think that will work?

Saibb
06-06-07, 17:37
400 baht cab fares from airport? Would this also include a 5 klick ride to Bangli? Anyone had any luck catching a cab from the arrival area or is this discouraged?

Later, SB

Sprite13
06-13-07, 07:48
I was in Brasil last yr and hit the mainly low end spots in Rio, S. Paulo, Belo H., Manaus. A lot of variety with the girls in Brazil I found, and I had a good time there.

Thank you very much Franga for your informative post. Much appreciated!
More questions to follow as my trip nears. :)

Khun Larry
06-13-07, 09:04
To clarify the issues for the newbies at the new airport.

In Don Muang there is a booth where you get the taxi slip. In Suvaranabhumi, when you come out to the Taxi stand there is table set up on the pavement.

There are usually 2 people sitting there. The one on the left (as you face them) is the one trying to wrestle the 400 B fare. Most people (including me) tend to go to the first person available, in which case is this hustler.

The person on the right will give you the Don Muang style taxi slip without much hassle. Even if you are dealing with the hustler, just a couple of polite no will do the job. She then has no choice but to give you the slip.

Good info Dunia

I have used the new airport 3 times and gone up to the arrival level for a meter taxi or 200 - 250 baht flat rate. I think the meter was about 200 last time to Sukhumveit / Asoke intersection. Many taxi available

Amocuba
06-22-07, 22:42
Looks like we will have a good size group of friends meeting in Pattaya for most of the month of August 2007. Any other ISG members in Patts during August?

I have been online looking for a reasonably priced ticket for July 30-Aug 19 from Chicago to Bangkok. My days are flexible but only by a couple of days. Many prices I have seen were $2k or more. I was hoping to find a R.T. ticket under $1200 or $1500. Any help?

Dinghy
06-23-07, 12:53
Try to find an Asian consolidator in your area. The Asian travel agents seem to get the best deals - the "others" don't seem to care about price as much. You might be able to find $1500 or so (remember, it's peak travel season to the FIRST STOP ON YOUR TRIP - Japan or Korea) You might want to consider checking Thai out of JFK (of course, the ORD or MDW-JFK will add to the cost) but I don't have any idea what their price is for that time

Also try an alternate destination - see if anyone goes thru HK (Cathay) they might have better rates

Amocuba
06-23-07, 15:56
Try to find an Asian consolidator in your area. The Asian travel agents seem to get the best deals - the "others" don't seem to care about price as much. You might be able to find $1500 or so (remember, it's peak travel season to the FIRST STOP ON YOUR TRIP - Japan or Korea) You might want to consider checking Thai out of JFK (of course, the ORD or MDW-JFK will add to the cost) but I don't have any idea what their price is for that timeI generally fly EVA which stops in Taiwan. Eva or an AA partner would be my first choices however once the ticket gets over 2 grand I am more flexible in my airline choices.

Joe Island
06-23-07, 16:27
For all who look for the cheapest airfares available. $1000-1500 is way to much. I know of a company that has 3-4 flights per month all year round and is only charging $500-700 per ticket tax and all included.

Duniawala
06-24-07, 05:42
For all who look for the cheapest airfares available. $1000-1500 is way to much. I know of a company that has 3-4 flights per month all year round and is only charging $500-700 per ticket tax and all included.
What company is that? We all would like to know.

Amocuba
06-24-07, 14:30
For all who look for the cheapest airfares available. $1000-1500 is way to much. I know of a company that has 3-4 flights per month all year round and is only charging $500-700 per ticket tax and all included.I have searched, Travelocity, Ortbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Eva, Thai, United, AA and a Fare Forcasting site. Those half dozen sites have worked great in the past but NON are yielding ANY fares like you hinted at....A bit of content in your post would be helpful. Telling us we "Need to look harder" is not quite the answer to the question I am looking for (maybe it was helpful to another member).

My original question:

"I have been online looking for a reasonably priced ticket for July 30-Aug 19 from Chicago to Bangkok. My days are flexible but only by a couple of days. Many prices I have seen were $2k or more. I was hoping to find a R.T. ticket under $1200 or $1500. Any help?"

Have received a couple helpful replies from members though.

Thank you guys.

Franga
06-24-07, 19:37
I was hoping to find a R.T. ticket under $1200 or $1500. Any help?

One consideration if you want to go via Vancouver, and Hong Kong, on 3 different airlines is:

Chicago to Vancouver $569usd RT with United (check Kayak.com)
Vancouver to Hong Kong $864usd RT with Oasis Hong Kong (see Oasishongkong.com)
Macau to Bangkok $208usd RT with Air Asia (see Airasia.com)

This totals $1641usd RT, so not much better than All Nippon $1651( found on Kayak.com)

Oasis is a new budget airline that is starting services from Hong Kong to Vancouver on 28 June 2007. It already flies London to Hong Kong.

In Hong Kong you would have to get a 40 minute ferry across to Macau to catch the Air Asia flight.

This route is probably only worth it if you actually wanted to see Vancouver, Hong Kong and Macau. Otherwise it may not be worth the stuffing around.
Just a thought only.

Member #2041
06-24-07, 22:15
Franga, you left out the cost of the ferry between Hong Kong and Macau. And the pain in the butt of lugging your suitcases between discount airlines that don't have baggage handling agreements with other carriers - including across Hong Kong to the ferry to Macau. Your statement that this method is probably not worth doing if you didn't plan on actually seeing all of these different places is possibly the understatement of the century.

I believe that there are more effective ways to save $10

Sean_Double
06-25-07, 03:09
My original question:

"I have been online looking for a reasonably priced ticket for July 30-Aug 19 from Chicago to Bangkok. My days are flexible but only by a couple of days. Many prices I have seen were $2k or more. I was hoping to find a R.T. ticket under $1200 or $1500. Any help?"

Have received a couple helpful replies from members though.

Thank you guys.
Yo Amocuba,

The reason that you are not finding any fares under $2k (someone mentioned $1650.00) is that the flights on the return around aug 17-24th are simply sold out at low fare levels. The flights going over on Jul. 30th are fine and could be bought cheaply thru a consolidator if there was correspondingly cheap space on the return.... there's not. It's not a matter of search engines; if the space isn't there it simply isn't available at a low price. It's unrealistic this year to imagine getting a $1200 ticket from ORD to BKK in the summer anway; the taxes and fuel surcharges alone are about $260.00.

When I checked this out it looked like you could get a ticket for around $1600.00 all in if you came home on the 24th or 25th. It's one of those Hobbesian decisions that seems to color all my trips as well; cheapest price or convenient dates.

Cheers,
Sean

Joe Island
06-25-07, 05:47
That company doesnt fly asia anymore I called to find out some info and just found out. Try out http://www.cheapoair.com/ and get a flight from ORD to LAX for about $300. Then LAX to BKK for about $900-$1050. Best I can come up with.

Duniawala
06-25-07, 07:36
June 1 - August 30 is the high season. Fares are $200-300 higher than the low season.
September/October and Jan 15-Feb is the shoulder season. Fares are about $100 higher.
Rest of the time is low season.

Airlines have cut down on the capacity between US and SE Asia, so they have high load factor. So they have done away with discounting.

Quite a few airlines have done away with large Travel agent commissions. Even Thai has done that, so it is not cheap anymore to fly with them. July 30-Aug 9 fare LAX-BKK RT is $1381.

Best bet EVA air. They have a promo from Vancouver at CAD 1099. (USD 1025) Must purchase ticket by June 30. See the pdf file attached.

Fast Eddie 48
06-26-07, 07:13
Cathay Pacific are having a speical from SFO, LAX or JFK for $815 USD included all tax but read the policy some restriction stop at Hong Kong no stopover .

www.cathaypacific.com go to USA site

Fast eddie 48

Nuff Said
06-26-07, 19:06
Evaair is offering some July flights for $960.00 from SFO

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/deals/America/Promotion_SFO_062101.htm

MerryPenguin
06-26-07, 21:36
I'm landing in Bangkok on Tuesday (3/7) evening for my first ever trip to SE Asia and would really appreciate it if there were any experienced mongers who would be willing to show a newbie the ropes. There's some beers in it for you.

Giotto
06-27-07, 06:44
I'm landing in Bangkok on Tuesday (3/7) evening for my first ever trip to SE Asia and would really appreciate it if there were any experienced mongers who would be willing to show a newbie the ropes. There's some beers in it for you.MerryPenguin,

come for a beer or a dinner to Livingstone's, there are always some ISG members here. Worst case: Only me :) ...

Giotto
http://www.livingstones.co.th

MerryPenguin
06-27-07, 18:23
MerryPenguin,

come for a beer or a dinner to Livingstone's, there are always some ISG members here. Worst case: Only me :) ...

Giotto

http://www.livingstones.co.thThanks Giotto.

I'll take you up on that.

Nuff Said
06-27-07, 22:43
http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/deals/America/Promotion_sea_062101.htm