PDA

View Full Version : The Mansion Incident #2

Orco Man
09-21-08, 05:34
A good budy of mine told me that the Masion got robbed again on Friday?

Passports, laptops, etc were stolen from guests. Is this true?

MiamiHeatLuver
09-21-08, 17:19
This is a cut and paste, credit goes to original poster!

Mansion robbed last night!

I have a good friend visiting Colombia right now and is staying at the Mansion. I received this email from him this morning.

"Well not good news. The Mansion was robbed tonight, 3 people tied up, guns to their heads and most of all room safes were opened, personal PC's, cameras, PASSPORTS, credit cards, cash, all were stolen.

I was lucky I was out tonight and came home to it. Of course I am one of the lucky ones, I lost ALL the above mentioned items. I guess I am glad to be alive, along with all others. I do not think I will be returning here again.

Its late (4AM) and I am going to try to get some sleep. I guess I/we have to fly to Bogata to the American Embassy to get new passports, not sure how we will pay for it, or what the Mansion will do. Will keep you informed as more unfolds."

Having been to Medellin (last year) and having stayed at the Mansion this just blows my mind. The Mansion is in the best part of town and there are M-16 carrying police everywhere in that area. Unfucking believable!

Manizales911
09-21-08, 21:07

I have a good friend visiting Colombia right now and is staying at the Mansion. I received this email from him this morning.If this is true it is such a shame as I have traveled all over the world and Greg and company's establishment is the best I have ever been fortunate enough to have stayed at, bar none. Greg,if you want to start a collection up for the guests that lost their things I volunteer to be the first donor.

Nino Bravo
09-21-08, 23:35

I have a good friend visiting Colombia right now and is staying at the Mansion. I received this email from him this morning.And this guy doesn't believe that the police are corrupt in Colombia? Please. Police presence does not always equate safety. By no means. If police corruption exists in the U. S. , it certainly does in Colombia. Think about it!

Tweeners
09-21-08, 23:47

I have a good friend visiting Colombia right now and is staying at the Mansion. I received this email from him this morning.Has Aussie Greg posted his account anywhere yet?

Until he chimes in, I'll take this with a grain of salt.

Phunluv
09-22-08, 00:47
Well, here I was worrying that DAS and DHS were keeping an eye on the Mansion but it looks like some other people were keeping an eye on them too. . .

Could there have been a disgruntled former employee or, ahem, recently fired security guard that helped this group plan this heist?

Or are certain people "up there" in Poblado and elsewhere in Medellin sending a message by "letting" the Mansion get robbed?

Or maybe it was just the recent TV segment about gringos chasing chicas and coke in MDE and which briefly showed the Mansion that got the antenna up of the wrong kind of people?

Or maybe just after years of guys thinking they're money-saving geniuses bringing low-end putas from the poorest barrios into the Mansion, the word gets around. . . to the young guys in those barrios. The ones that don't have a job or at least not a legit one if you know what I mean.

Whatever the case is, quite frankly, I'm amazed a place like the Mansion has been able to operate for as long as it has without running into more trouble. Can't speak for Thailand and the rest of SEA as I don't know that region at all, but the idea of a gringo owning and operating a venue with P4P ties in SA just sounds like an iffy proposition at best, right from the get go. It's a testament to Greg and crew he's been able to play this game for as long as he has; but a month ago I posted here a warning about MM getting too high-profile, yet most ISG members just shrugged it off. Well, there you go guys! :)

The worst part is losing the passport. You have no other option but to go to the embassy in Bogota.

Ricker
09-22-08, 16:14
has aussie greg posted his account anywhere yet?

until he chimes in, i'll take this with a grain of salt.well believe it amigo. my brother was at the castillo when it happened and the police came running to the castillo thinking it got hit too.

i was with one of the partners the next day in miami.

i'm sure, and this is obvious, that way upgraded security measures are in store.

i know of robberies just like this one in cali and another place in medellin.

doesn't have to be street chicas that some guy alluded to in a post here to put the word out about rich gringos in a hotel.

just as easily could have been a typical mansion chica, they're poor too, a maid, a delivery man, a construction worker, there's many of them.

good luck greg and the boys getting the place up to speed.

Aussie Greg
09-22-08, 17:41
Account from Aussie Greg.

Yep, robbery at 1.00am Friday night at the Mansion.

Most of our guests were out partying, my fucken so called security guard let them into the foyer after they asked to see one of our guests (I think it was an inside job from one of the prepago's) it was a guy and a girl and after they got inside they pulled there guns on him, needless to say he doesn't work for us anymore, we now have a Colombian police detective on the job "armed".

I guess it getiing like Rio now!

Any questions, just ask.

Aussie Greg

Has Aussie Greg posted his account anywhere yet?

Until he chimes in, I'll take this with a grain of salt.

Code Pinker
09-22-08, 23:34
The mansion robbery was an inside job. There is no way it was a random act. Anyone who thinks otherwise does not know anything about Medellin.

First, the mansion is in a very secure part of Poblado. No robber is going to go into that area without knowing exactly who and what they are robbing. If some thief was to go into the "wrong" house they would end up dead quickly. Or if they went into the "really wrong" house their entire family would end up dead quickly. Poblado probably has more hardcore mafia players living in it then any other place in the world. Not only are the mafia guys living in Poblado but so are their mothers and families. Before doing any type of home invasion in Poblado you better know exactly where you are hitting.

Next, these robbers took the time to tie everyone up and go room to room getting laptops and other things. The police in Poblado could have responded to a call at the mansion in less than 2 minutes. These robbers were very confident in that they were doing. So they somehow knew that no one at the mansion knew how to call the police and that there was no automatic alarm system. Or, perhaps they knew that the police were not going to respond. If it is the later then you can bet the police or someone important have already targetted the mansion. If the mansion has been targetted then it's days are numbered. This will not be the last robbery. Indeed, this will be the "warning" for something much worse to happen if the mansion does not get it's act togther.

This was absolutely a planned robbery by professionals. More than likely it was done by some paracos. It is the paracos that guard Majorista so they clearly know about the mansion given the Walmart Gringos love Majorista so much. The paracos probably contacted the local police in Poblado and got the green light to do this robbery. If that is the case then the police have decided the mansion has to go. This is how things work in Colombia.

It has been said before, and it needs to be said again and again. The problem here is not that the mansion has hookers in it. That is perfectly permitable in Colombia. The problem here is the LOWLIFE gringos who are staying in places like the mansion. These losers think they are so smart because they can find some drugged out street girl for $20. However, what you idiots bring with your little sweethearts is the lowest of the low in Medellin.

It was only a matter of time until something like this happened. As I understand it the robbers got many thousand of dollars in computer equipment, cameras, cash and a shitload of other things. These guys are all up in the barrio right now bragging to other thieves about how they cleaned out these stupid gringos. Most Colombians make minimal wage which is around $300 a month. These guys scored a couple years salary in an hours work. There WILL be more coming once the word gets out.

Medellin is going to quickly become very dangerous for gringos once all the robbers know how easy it is to score big time with these idiots. And who do we have to thank for our new status? Of course the answer very clearly is the Walmart Gringos. You idiots thought you were so smart finding ghetto girls but now the ghetto shit you attracted is going to hunt you fuckers down.

I think every gringo in Medellin should go out tonight and punch a Walmart Gringo in the face. When you see one walking around Parque Lleras with his ghetto hooker just walk over and sucker punch the retard. You idiots are fucking up Medellin for the rest of us! Go the fuck back to Walmart where you belong and stay the fuck out of my city!

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Wanderer1000
09-23-08, 03:40
Hi Greg,

Were you at home when it happened?

David Smash
09-23-08, 07:07
The mansion robbery was an inside job. There is no way it was a random act. Anyone who thinks otherwise does not know anything about Medellin.

First, the mansion is in a very secure part of Poblado. No robber is going to go into that area without knowing exactly who and what they are robbing. If some thief was to go into the "wrong" house they would end up dead quickly. Or if they went into the "really wrong" house their entire family would end up dead quickly. Poblado probably has more hardcore mafia players living in it then any other place in the world. Not only are the mafia guys living in Poblado but so are their mothers and families. Before doing any type of home invasion in Poblado you better know exactly where you are hitting.

Next, these robbers took the time to tie everyone up and go room to room getting laptops and other things. The police in Poblado could have responded to a call at the mansion in less than 2 minutes. These robbers were very confident in that they were doing. So they somehow knew that no one at the mansion knew how to call the police and that there was no automatic alarm system. Or, perhaps they knew that the police were not going to respond. If it is the later then you can bet the police or someone important have already targetted the mansion. If the mansion has been targetted then it's days are numbered. This will not be the last robbery. Indeed, this will be the "warning" for something much worse to happen if the mansion does not get it's act togther.

This was absolutely a planned robbery by professionals. More than likely it was done by some paracos. It is the paracos that guard Majorista so they clearly know about the mansion given the Walmart Gringos love Majorista so much. The paracos probably contacted the local police in Poblado and got the green light to do this robbery. If that is the case then the police have decided the mansion has to go. This is how things work in Colombia.

It has been said before, and it needs to be said again and again. The problem here is not that the mansion has hookers in it. That is perfectly permitable in Colombia. The problem here is the LOWLIFE gringos who are staying in places like the mansion. These losers think they are so smart because they can find some drugged out street girl for $20. However, what you idiots bring with your little sweethearts is the lowest of the low in Medellin.

It was only a matter of time until something like this happened. As I understand it the robbers got many thousand of dollars in computer equipment, cameras, cash and a shitload of other things. These guys are all up in the barrio right now bragging to other thieves about how they cleaned out these stupid gringos. Most Colombians make minimal wage which is around $300 a month. These guys scored a couple years salary in an hours work. There WILL be more coming once the word gets out.

Medellin is going to quickly become very dangerous for gringos once all the robbers know how easy it is to score big time with these idiots. And who do we have to thank for our new status? Of course the answer very clearly is the Walmart Gringos. You idiots thought you were so smart finding ghetto girls but now the ghetto shit you attracted is going to hunt you fuckers down.

I think every gringo in Medellin should go out tonight and punch a Walmart Gringo in the face. When you see one walking around Parque Lleras with his ghetto hooker just walk over and sucker punch the retard. You idiots are fucking up Medellin for the rest of us! Go the fuck back to Walmart where you belong and stay the fuck out of my city!

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.Well I don't think there is any dispute that it was an inside job. If they got away with as much as they did. I hope that the victims are ok and got home safely. I would LOVE to hear a first hand account from someone who was there. But as far as these "Wal-Mart" gringos dude there is no way to totally avoid them in ANY country.

Tweeners
09-23-08, 12:15
it was a guy and a girl and after they got inside they pulled there guns on him
This was absolutely a planned robbery by professionals. More than likely it was done by some paracos. It is the paracos that guard Majorista so they clearly know about the mansionOne of these is not like the others.

When someone who was there can attest to the exact number of intruders, we should have a better idea of what went down.

Both explanations can be perfectly plausible.

I find it hard to believe one guy and one girl had that kind of pull that they were given a big okey dokey by the cops to hit the MM.

Conversely, for only two amateurs, they did seem awfully well versed at what to do to get the guests tied up and goods collected in a timely manner.

I find it also somewhat hard to believe that there was no alarms tripped?

We shall see what the future holds.

Q Bert
09-23-08, 13:10
I will say one thing. Most hotels have a private security company and installed silent alarm panic buttons. These guys come on motos and are there in a minute (don't know about the Police being there in two minutes). What happens after they arrive and see robbers with guns is beyond me but I guess it could get ugly fast. This might be a good idea for Greg to look into though.

Also, I don't know if the police gave a green light to rob the Mansion. This is highly speculative IMHO. I do think that parts of Poblado are "secured" by paras and it might be pretty dangerous for petty thieves to invade their area.

Greg, do you get street-taxed (pay protection money) where you are? I guess that would be my question.

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.

Hunglow1625
09-23-08, 14:02
Why is it Admin. Continues to let this coward "Code Punk", trash the Gringo's on here?

This guy has serious issues, almost obsessed with hatred towards us, I'm beginning to think one of us stole his woman from him maybe. So easy to trash talk there behind your monitor is'nt it pink? And, no you wouldn't!

Sexmetv
09-23-08, 14:21

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.Code Pink,

Not to be argumentative, but what is the purpose of your post? Yes we know there are wal-mart gringos (a term I still like) and yes we know there are guys in Medellin that don't like gringos, with all that said, what is the purpose of your post? Are you saying a) no one should stay at the mansion because it's not safe? 2) the mansion should get an alarm system? 3) greg should find another vocation because his days are numbered 4) greg should have a mafia appreciation days so the mafia folks will back him up?

What you have stated in your post (I. E. An inside job), I and others have already figured out (indeed greg has confirmed as much with respect to the inside job) so I'm not sure what you have added to the conversation except for more conjecture.

I guess my point is, the Mansion got robbed that is a fact, what is also a fact is that is that it got robbed because 1) security was lax and 2) there was valuable shit in there. A point which would appear to contradict your wal-mart premise (I. E. Laptops, cameras etc, Put another way if only Wal-mart gringos were in the Mansion would you not agree that there would be nothing to rob?

I think the reality is less sexy and goes something like this. Poor girls go into the mansion, sees the valuable stuff and recognizes that a "toy cop" for a security guard isn't going to be a problem. Gets another poor guy-friend and comes back when most folks are out drinking and partying and execute their plan with little resistance.

I'm all for you taking shots a the so-called "Wal-mart" gringos and you are entitled as I am to an opinion, but to try and use this horrible episode as a forum to continue launching your attacks is in my opinion, at best a stretch and at worst in very poor taste and certainly not as funny as your earlier post when you were simply making an obsevation.

Regards

Member #3437
09-23-08, 15:38
How come 'Code Pinker' shows 1 report?

Do comedians get some type of special post count?

Jesus, Wal-mart 'mongers' at the mansion. It would take a years salary, computer savy, social skills, and knowledge of how to get to and from the airport to make it to the mansion. The middle aged guys who work at wal-mart are semi-retarted. Almost every guy I have met at the mansion is a self employed businessman, or a pilot, or a semi-retired middle aged divorced guy traveling around the world enjoying himself. Sure, I have met a few nerds and social rejects (not just at the mansion) and certainly had a few "whatthefuck! " moments watching these guys, but they are the exception not the rule. Mongering requires knowledge, a certain personality type, money, free time, social skills, and a personal sense of self confidence to do it correctly. Most guys without these required things don't, can't choose this lifestyle. Sure, a few try, but they usually quickly become diss-allusioned and stop.

Whatever Pinker's anger is at the other american travelers, I suspect it has little to do with Wal-mart and more to do with his inability to score anything decent without huge outlays of cash.

El Greco
09-23-08, 17:36
I think every gringo in Medellin should go out tonight and punch a Walmart Gringo in the face. When you see one walking around Parque Lleras with his ghetto hooker just walk over and sucker punch the retard. You idiots are fucking up Medellin for the rest of us! Go the fuck back to Walmart where you belong and stay the fuck out of my city!What ever you say Sir, whatever you say.

You are only making fool of yourself from your very first post.

Or are you posting nonsense again with a different handle?

Zig Monger
09-23-08, 18:04
Was there last week, and had a wonderful time as always staying in my favorite room 11. Hey Greg, have you thought about the possibility that Isias was behind it....I heard that he was camping out at the Castillo the week before, trying to collect some money that he thought he was owed.

Thanks for another great time!

Ziggy

Sailor2006
09-23-08, 18:42
This report was deleted pursuant to the restrictions in the Colombia Forum prohibiting negative posts, said restriction being necessary to thwart the Serial Antagonists who would seek to destroy this forum as part of their strategy to dissuade anyone from visiting what they consider their private playground in Colombia.

"Code Pinker"

This isn't your city? Unless you were born here? Or unless your colombian and have lived here many years? Just becuase you purchased an overpriced penthouse from a "scamming gringo agency" doesn't mean its your city!

Its a real pity what happend to the mansion, it is. Its nobody's fault. What were people really thinking, ITS Colombia this shit happens. If you actually pick up a newspaper and read come articles you will find lots of stuff, killings, theft ect. Ovido mall last year saw lots of cars being broken into or stolen in ovido! To think that you can come to Colombia in pure safety, wake up this is the third world. Yes poblado has alot of security, and many wealthy people but crime is still here and it will continue.

The same enviorment that allows us to sleep with beautyfull women on a daily basis is the same reason why the mansion got robbed, lots of people without jobs, or the hope of ever getting a job. They have no money and still they see all this money around them in poblado, its why some girls ride a bus 45 mins or jump in a taxi 4-5 heads deep to reach the mansion in the hopes of earning 150K in a few hours (weeks worth of work if your lucky to work). What amazes me is people are actually suprised!

Blaming this on M-street girls, is silly but "code pinker" however enjoyfull his posts are, is dead wrong again. Most prepagos in Medellin are from the barrio, trust me I met a chica a few days ago, the type of girl code pinker would pay thousands of dollars for she lives in centrol not poblado, parties on 33rd and 80th not park illares. Now she does spend alot of money on clothes and shit, anywaz back to my point. If she is selling her body its becuase she doesn't have anymoney, regardless of how much you pay becarefull you can still be robbed, and many of the high class girls guys pay ashit load of money are girls the go for 100K when they have to trust me!

Don't let this stuff scare you away from Medellin, come vist my city! LOL

Code Pinker
09-23-08, 21:36
There are a number of complete idiots on here who just do not understand how Colombia works. There is no "law and order" in Colombia like in the United States. Things work here through a process of what the people who control things want. If someone high up wants something done they will just have criminals do it with the consent of the police, the politicians or whoever else is needed.

We do not know exactly what happened at the mansion. However, it looks to me like it was a very clear "message". Word on the street is the thieves did not even wear masks and left fingerprints everywhere. They were very very confident in that they were doing. They knew no one is going to catch them.

Do you idiots know there are at least 6 other security guards in the buildings around the mansion? All of them are armed and have walkie-talkies. Their walkie-talkies are linked with the police. If one makes a call the police will respond in less than 3 minutes. The mansion is very close to a police depot.

So a group of three criminals somehow knew they could do a home invasion in one of the most secure areas of the country without concerns of hiding their faces and they knew they could spend over 30 minutes inside the house without worry someone would call the police. The police in Medellin ride with two cops on a motorcycle. The cop on the back carries an M16 or a fully automatic Uzi. The response time to the mansion would be about 3 minutes. They shoot criminals dead without any fear of lawsuits. There are no Rodney Kings in Colombia. In fact, often criminals are beat to death by angry mobs and no one is ever prosecuted when this happens. Remember this is not the United States in any way. Remember where you are.

I am going to have to try and dumb down the conversation a bit in hopes some of the stupider people here get the message. Did you guys ever watch the Sopranos? Remember Tony? He was the big Italian mafia guy. I am going to use this analogy so even the stupidest of posters will be able to understand what I am saying.

Now, if you were a robber would you want to go to Tony’s house? I bet you would not! You would want an easy target. Robbing Tony would be a bad, baaaaad thing. You would probably get killed. If you made Tony really mad he might even kill some of your friends. Bad! Do you understand this? Bad!

In Poblado there are people who make Tony look like a joke. In fact Tony would probably say "you don’t want to fuck with those guys in Poblado". This is where the most violent drug traffickers in the world live. These people could order every gringo in the mansion dead with one single phone call and it would be done with approval of the police. Ring ring. Kill them all. It is that simple.

So these criminals knew EXACTLY where they were going. They knew EXACTLY who they were robbing. There is no room for error when you do a home invasion in Poblado. I do not think there has ever been a home invasion in Poblado before this. It is just too dangerous for the criminals. These guys knew Tony was not going to be inside the mansion. They knew it was a bunch of stupid gringos. They knew no one was going to call the police on them.

There was a time when some of these drug guys kidnapped American DEA agents and tortured them to death. They actually used medical doctors to keep them alive as long as possible so they could torture them longer. This was done as a "message" to anyone who was fucking with them. Remember, a "message" is very important in Colombia.

Another fine resident of Poblado was known as the "shoe maker". He use to take people he did not like and make them stand in a box of cement until the it became hard. He would listen to them beg for their lives while the cement was drying. He would then toss them off a bridge into a river.

Now, these guys do not give a shit about gringos. If you leave them alone they have absolutely no interest in you. But they are here. They are living in Poblado. You might even have bumped into one of them at one time. They tend not to look like criminals like in the United States. They usually do not have a bunch of tattoes or stupid indicators of what they do.

On Sunday they go to Church with their mother and wife. Their children all go to private school and speak English. Remember the Sopranos? Tony often was in contact with the Church. The big mafia types always keep an pleasant outside appearance. I hate using movie references but most of you guys are too stupid to understand anything else so I am explaining this as slowly as possible.

Now one day mommy calls up her mafia son and says "these dumb gringos are turning Medellin into a *****house". The son thinks silently "but I love those *****s to! " but tells mommy "I will look into this". Now he does not want to kill all the gringos. He just wants mommy happy. He likes hookers as much as we do but he knows not to make a public display of his hookers. He goes to Church every Sunday with his wife and family while keeping his hookers secret. That is how it is done unless you are a stupid Walmart Gringo.

So mafia son decides he is going to send a message to all the gringos. Allow me to interpret this message because most of you are not reading it.

Here is what he said:

I can go to exactly where you are. I can take your leader and put a gun in his face. I can kill you if I want. No one is going to call the police on me. I am going to take all your belongings. I have your passports (that is clearly a way to intiminate you clowns). I can do whatever I want. Remember where the fuck you are.

Do you idiots understand the message now? People in Medellin are tired of you idiots. No one wants to see you and your ghetto trash walking around Parque Llerras. And it looks very clearly you have finally pissed off someone who is going to send a message. If you do not listen to this message then the next time it will be worse. Far, far, far worse.

So what can we do? Obviously there are always going to be Walmart Gringos who just cannot understand what is being said. We need to send the Walmart Gringos a very strong message. We need to tell them to stop fucking around in our city. When you see one with his ghetto girl just walk right up to him and get in his face. If needed give him a good punch in the head so he will understand. I do not like advocating violence but most of these guys are too stupid to understand anything else.

Also, I look at this as "self defence". Medellin could very easly become a very dangerous place for gringos if these idiots continue to offend the wrong people. We may all become targets for thieves because of the actions of the Walmart Gringos.

Word on the street is these guys got over $30, 000. 00 dollars from the mansion. That is like 10 years salary for a Colombian. Right now every criminal is talking saying "man those gringos all have bags of cash on hand. " They know none of you idiots have guns. So it looks like the Colombian criminals just discovered how easy it is to make in their minds a fortune. Who do we have to thank for all of this? Walmart Gringos!

Greg, I hope you read this. I have stayed at your place in the past and would like to stay there again. However, you really need to come to grips with the people who are staying there. I do not want to see you have more problems. Listen to the message very clearly. People are tired of the Walmart Gringos in Poblado. I suggest you raise your prices a lot so these guys will all go to another area. No one is going to care if they are parading around with their ghetto trash in a shithole like Laureles. But Poblado is Poblado. It is the best Colombia has to offer and the people here are taking notice.

I love Colombia. I have never felt in danger here. It is in fact very safe if you understand how the system works. I hope no one reads this post and decides not to come here. But we are guests in their country and need to act as they do if we want to continue here. Colombians do not care about prostitution. The supreme court here has already ruled it is perfectly legal. However, Colombians are very sensitive to how the world sees them since they have had such a bad reputation in the past which they want to change. Making a spectical of Medellin is something the Colombians do not want. They do not mind if you enjoy their hookers like they do but you have to understand they would never be seen dead in public with a street *****.

Everyone here has been put on notice.

Listen to the message before you fuck it all up.

Aussie Greg
09-24-08, 00:26
Yep,

Really, I was more worried when Uncle Ted walked into my room naked and I looked up to see him, I throught they had come back to fuck me up the ars!!

He had to cut me loose.

Aussie Greg.

Hi Greg,

Were you at home when it happened?

Legal Tender
09-24-08, 03:47
This distraction with Code Pinker’s rants and raves does us all a disservice. The incident at the Mansion is as serious as cancer. Other than the acknowledgment of the robbery and the sketchy details, we don’t know what happened. Knowledge is power and we need to know the details in order to evaluate the safety at the Mansion. More importantly, what measures have been taken by Greg and his partners to insure, to the greatest extent possible, that this will type of event will not be repeated in the future. And, what was done for those guests that lost their personal property, money, and PASSPORTS?

Now is the time for some answers without the distraction generated by this gnat who calls himself Code Pink a/k/a Code Pinker.

Dickhead
09-24-08, 04:41
To simplify:

Evaluation of safety at the mansion = poor.

Rock Harders
09-24-08, 04:59
Mongers,

Actually, Code Pinker is absolutely correct in his evaluations of the situation in Medellin in terms of the way tourists need to behave in order to avoid trouble. The people who visit Medellin need to understand that Medellin IS NOT a large, diverse city at all, but is in fact a small world run by a select few who all know each other and only hang around and socialize with people of their social/economic level, and all this takes place in and around Poblado. These people do not want the scum of their society being strutted around by a bunch of low-rent sex tourists in THEIR high end socializing zone. Even worse, they do not want a non-discreet sex-tourist frat-house operating out in the open in THEIR high end neighborhood, in front of their children, wives, and extended families. Code Pinker is correct in that Medellin is essentially an armed fiefdom controlled by a select few of former / current narcotraficantes / businessmen who are not to be disrespected.

This does not go to say that gringos cannot or should not visit Medellin; when proper discretion is taken, Medellin can be a safe, interesting and fulfilling sport-fucking destination. Examples of this discretion would be fucking a Mayorista or 53rd girl on those premises or within the privacy of your apartment, they should not be taken out to the bars/restuarants/clubs of Parque Lleras or Las Palmas. The upper classes of Medellin are not bothered by Americans that speak Spanish in Medellin who come to enjoy the weather, culture, and pussy, those who are respectful, discreet, and actually have something to add to the place through their presence. However, if lowlife, no-nothing weekend sex tourists disrespect the Poblado crowd enough, Medellin could become a dangerous place for all gringos, which would be a shame.

On another note, I just cannot fucking believe that the Mansion did not have several heavily armed guards on the premises at all times prior to this incident. I have been to Medellin several times in the past year and at both times stayed in apartments in Poblado that had a minimum of two armed guards on duty at all times, 24/7. One or two would typically stay in the front office while the other would patrol the grounds. These apartment complexes were not filled with cash-laden gringos, just regular Poblado citizens. Considering who was inhabiting the mansion, the staff should have had well-armed security in place at all times, and protection agreements with the police and/or paramilitaries. The mansion staff failed their clients by not providing this type of security, which is provided at every single hotel and apartment building in Poblado.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Aussie Greg
09-24-08, 05:29
Still full at the Mansion, rooms available at El Castillo.

We will always set the pace in Medellin.

Aussie Greg

This distraction with Code Pinker’s rants and raves does us all a disservice. The incident at the Mansion is as serious as cancer. Other than the acknowledgment of the robbery and the sketchy details, we don’t know what happened. Knowledge is power and we need to know the details in order to evaluate the safety at the Mansion. More importantly, what measures have been taken by Greg and his partners to insure, to the greatest extent possible, that this will type of event will not be repeated in the future. And, what was done for those guests that lost their personal property, money, and PASSPORTS?

Now is the time for some answers without the distraction generated by this gnat who calls himself Code Pink a/k/a Code Pinker.

Aussie Greg
09-24-08, 05:35
LT,

Mmmmmmmmm, I guess still being full says alot for what you have to say.

Aussie Greg

Code Pinker
09-24-08, 06:16
Sailor: I do not consider Medellin to be my private playground. But I am tired of the lowlife gringos who are treating it like it is only a playground. There are women and children in Pobaldo and people who are trying to raise families. Good honest people. They do not want to see Walmart Gringos running around everywhere with grillas.

Here is what happened at the Mansion for all those inquiring minds. I have confirmed this story with several people who live in Poblado as well as two cops.

A girl showed up late at night. She knocks on the door. Given the fact that hookers go in and out of the mansion all night this was not something that seemed unusual. When they opened the door she pulled out a gun and then two armed men appeared who all entered the house.

None of the 6 security guards in the other buildings saw shit. You know why that is? Probably because the cops had given the green light to hit the place and it was approved by the people who control Pobaldo. The same people who do not enjoy looking at low class gringos in Parque Lleras.

None of the bandits wore gloves. There are finger prints everywhere. They did not hide their faces. They stayed inside the mansion ransacking the place for 30 minutes. They went room to room opening all safes. They wanted the passports so they knew who all the gringos were.

These guys clearly know the police are not going to find them. And the reason for that is because the police are not even going to look. They will say they are doing their best but nothing is going to ever be found.

You guys know all Colombians get finger printed many, many times over a year. If you buy a cell phone you are finger printed. If you exchange money you are finger printed. You are finger printed when you get your identification card that ALL Colombians must carry. You are finger printed when you open a bank account. You are finger printed when you get a drives licence. There are probably 100 other examples where you are finger printed.

These guys did not care about putting prints on anything. That is because they had permission to go in there. These were not petty desperate thieves. The fact the girl knew how to use a gun would make me think she was probably military or had some police training. It is unusual to see Colombians female act this ballsy. They were not worried about the cops which are 3 minutes away from responding. You guys really need a lesson on how things work in Colombia.

The politicians know killing a bunch of gringos will get very bad international media attention. But scaring a bunch of Walmart Gringos is ok. They have sent you guys all a message that is loud and clear. The next time the lesson is going to be a little more extreme. I am betting they are going to have one of the paracos beatup and rob someone at Majorista. I will put money on something like this happening very, very soon.

These robbers walked away with a LOT of money. I have heard it was over $20, 000 dollars. That makes all gringos the target of crime now. They are all saying to their pals "those gringos have bags of cash and no guns".

I would like to congradulate you all on making the city I love a little more dangerous for us all. Good fucking work!

I suggest Greg beefs up the security a lot. But more importantly is he has to stop letting these Walmart Gringos stay there. Start explaining to these guys to not make assholes of themselves in public. Write up a list of "rules" for how to act in public in Medellin. Learn to give the girls more money so not to make us all look like cheapasses. When you see a Walmart Gringo wondering around Parque Lleras cluelessly with his grilla dressed in hooker boots tell him this conduct is unacceptable. Tell him to go to a shitty area like Laureles or anywhere outside of Poblado. If he does not listen then esculate the situation.

Guys, we all have to work together! We got to save our Medellin from the Walmart Gringos. As I said before an excellent way of doing this is to spend lots of MONEY! Walmart Gringos HATE seeing others spend money since they have none to spend. Give the girl a brand new hundred dollar bill and tell her she diserves more. Buy her a box of chocolates as well. The girls love presents and will be much more passionate in bed if they think you care about them. The Walmart Gringos go crazy when I give the girls presents but I love doing it if only so I can tell Walmarters about it.

Spend spend spend! Offer the mansion more money for a room. Lets all make Greg even more rich so he can pick and choose his clients. Greg got tied up and everything for us all so we really should give him our full support at this time. I have heard some stories that it was almost like that very scary scene in Pulp Fiction involving the Gimp if you guys need some imagines of what Grey suffered for us.

Once Poblado is full of gringos who are blowing all kinds of money and have expensive high class girls then the bad perception the Colombians have of us will change. We got to work together to get rid of the Walmart Gringos!

Tweeners
09-24-08, 06:30
I hope no one reads this postUnfortunately I did, a couple minutes of my life I'll never get back.

When all the facts are in regarding what happened, people can make some more informed decisions about where they want to go and what they want to do.

Obviously this puts AG in the cross-hairs as to how he intends to rectify the situation going forward, I'm sure he understands that.

I will agree 100% that you're guests in a third world country and if you feel the need to draw attention to yourself then be prepared for the consequences.

I prefer being low key myself, I just find it easier to get around if you're under the radar.

Phunluv
09-24-08, 07:55
Although Pink's posts are a bit over the top, there IS a grain of truth regarding the "social cleansing" aspect when it comes to the paracos (paramilitaries). And I DID post here about a month ago that the MM and gringos in general were getting too high-profile in MDE because of a TV segment that did NOT portray gringos visiting MDE in a positive way. Not to mention some of the silly gringo behavior that's becoming more common, like parading your tacky looking street puta in the swankiest part of town.

It doesn't take a genius to link this incident with these concerns that were mentioned a month back and/or with a certain former security guard at the MM that was fired for skimming the guests when they ordered something from outside.

Sailor2006
09-24-08, 14:25
I LOVE THIS GUYS POST's, they amuse me in the morning. Very funny. Now all the "rich guys" are scared. LOL the smart and brave ones will now carry guns, the scaredy cats will not return or blame others when it all comes down to increase tourism, its like the beggers on the street, whom do you think they bother more, locals or gringos? Homeless man will litterally RUN if they see a gringo, they RUN.

Crime and tourism are historical, Coastarica saw a spike in crime with tourism, Mexico is seeing its highest kidnapping rates in years, and I am willing to bet also its highest levels of ex-pat communites as well. Even the united states saw killings against forign tourist in florida. Tourists are easy targets, no body likes them anywaz even if they work at "leahman brothers" and not wallmart.

Bombs use to go off in poblado, kidnappings occured not too long ago, and they are still homeless who often wonder in "park illares". Ever wonder why the most popular place in "el poblado" where the "rich and powerfull" go to dinner and clubbing, where all the prettiest girls can be found has beggers selling gum or just plain begging, those guys and kids can get pretty annyoing no? . Its becuase the police don't dare throw them out, as long as they obey the rules, and are not in high numbers they are allowed to do as they wish for fear of not creating more class tension that already exists.

As for the crime, well I expected as much when I moved here, third world has gourgous poor girls desperate to sleep with me for money, wouldn't be a far fetch to think it also has desperate poor guys turning to crime. I think most normal guys living her expect this and made preperations for it, don't take risks always watch your back ect. Its these new guys whom recently moved down here buying property from scam agencys being told Colombia has changed, theres no crime, not in poblado, thinking poblado was like the states, except with poor girls from the barrios runing down the hill to be with them from anywhere between 20 bucks to 500 bucks.

YEAH. No such thing as the perfect place, or paradise; welcome to reality, and gringos arent to blame all tourist are to blame, were being introduced to colombian crime that has always been here LOL what you guys think every building here has the armed guards for nothing? I rember one stupid gringo telling me that poblado has to get rid of those armed guards then adm. Fees for apartments will go down! LOL, WOW he sells apartments. Colombians have had to live with the fear of kidnapings bombings and theft for a long time and they have built their lives around this. To them they rember the days of "la volienca" and the bombings of the narco wars its what kept the tourism at bay preventing ex-pat inflation.

If anything its the so called rich gringo whom will make more of an impact on Medellin then anything eles, they create price inflation This guy wants to pay 400 million for my apartment, creating the hope of ooh I hope a stupid gringo buys my apartment so I can get double or triple the price. With the increase of tourism natrually comes more crime, with the increase of idoits whom over pay comes price inflation and over valued property; I would perfer the crime. Personally

Bango Cheito
09-24-08, 16:45
Code Pinker may have only 2 posts to his name, and I don't personally know him from Adam but he's right on the money with his posts. There's NO way this would have happened without the DAS being in on it. Anybody who thinks otherwise has NO CLUE about this country, and frankly, had better just not come here.

Tweeners
09-24-08, 18:51
It doesn't take a genius to link this incident with these concerns that were mentioned a month back and/or with a certain former security guard at the MM that was fired for skimming the guests when they ordered something from outside.Having never been there and living through others in this forum and others, I'd suspect that is bang on.

And I agree with both of you, that taking a street walker and parading her through the nicest parts of town shows a complete lack of judgement. Heck that would stand out in Vegas as well!

Lessons to be learned for some, absolutely. But I still think there's another side to this story that's not being told and some of the fear mongering posts are over the top. Who's to say that these nitwits destroying the scene even read here?

For the most part, a large majority of the posters here, do use their heads correctly (both of them!)

Legal Tender
09-24-08, 20:36
I'm not sure how to quote a previous post, but Greg wrote:

"Still full at the Mansion, rooms available at El Castillo. We will always set the pace in Medellin."

With all due respect, the Titanic was full, also. By analogy, how about the twin towers of the World Trade Center? The past is the best predictor of the future, unless changes are made. Albert Einstein said that inanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result.

My point is simply this: Is it unreasonable to expect an explanation of planned changes at the Mansion to prevent a future similar event? And, was any assistance offered to the guests who were in a world of shit without any cash or passport? For whatever it's worth, I enjoy the Mansion and think Greg is a stand-up guy. But safety is safety and business is business.

When I wrote despairingly about Code Pink, perhaps I was ambiguous. Pink obviously is well versed in the culture of Medellin. But these diatribes about his self labeled "Wal-Mart" gringos are not productive. The issue is not wealth or spending ability, it is about class, respect for all people and especially those who control Medellin, and for ones self. You can take the dude out of Walmart, but you can't take Walmart out of the dude.

The answer to my questions is not “ we are still full . . . . [and] set the pace in Medellin.”

Marzon
09-24-08, 22:30
This surely is the crazy train to funky town. Some of these bedwetters really need to lighten up and enjoy themselves more, which I thought was the whole point of travelling/adventure. Maybe guys like pink & rock would be happier with penis extensions, a new toupe, or maybe a job. Just live life and stop polluting this board.

Aussie Greg
09-24-08, 23:52
T.V. segment.

Did anybody see the two DIM T.V. programs that they did at the Mansion for the football team. !! was the T.V. presenter noce or what.

Aussie Greg

Mr Lotto
09-25-08, 00:11
I LOVE THIS GUYS POST's, on that already exists.

As for the crime, well I expected as much when I moved here, third world has gourgous poor girls desperate to sleep with me for money, wouldn't be a far fetch to think it also has desperate poor guys turning to crime. I think most normal guys living her expect this and made preperations for it, don't take risks always watch your back ect. Its these new guys whom recently moved down here buying property from scam agencys being told Colombia has changed, theres no crime, not in poblado, thinking poblado was like the states, except with poor girls from the barrios runing down the hill to be with them from anywhere between 20 bucks to 500 bucks.

YEAH. No such thing as the perfect place, or paradise; welcome to reality, and gringos arent to blame all tourist are to blame, were being introduced to colombian crime that has always been here LOL what you guys think every building here has the armed guards for nothing? I rember one stupid gringo telling me that poblado has to get rid of those armed guards then adm. Fees for apartments will go down! LOL, WOW he sells apartments. Colombians have had to live with the fear of kidnapings bombings and theft for a long time and they have built their lives around this. To them they rember the days of "la volienca" and the bombings of the narco wars its what kept the tourism at bay preventing ex-pat inflation.

If anything its the so called rich gringo whom will make more of an impact on Medellin then anything eles, they create price inflation This guy wants to pay 400 million for my apartment, creating the hope of ooh I hope a stupid gringo buys my apartment so I can get double or triple the price. With the increase of tourism natrually comes more crime, with the increase of idoits whom over pay comes price inflation and over valued property; I would perfer the crime. PersonallyYou bring up a lot of interesting points but I believe some of them need clarification. As far as crime goes the murder and crime rates have dropped here significantly over the past seven years and in fact the murder rate for Medellin is now lower than a number of US cities including Wash DC, Baltimore, St Louis, Atlanta, Detroit, New Orleans, to name a few. I feel safer walking at night in El Centro than I do any of those cities and others. Will the crime rate go up as tourism increases here, nobody knows but we do know that Colombia and Medellin have been working hard to improve security here and reduce crime. Are they going to throw all that away as tourism increases?

You seem to be concerned about rising real estate prices here and the rich Americans are the blame now and more so in the future. Well the nice steady price appreciation that is occurring here (unllike the speculative debacle that recently occurred in the US because of poor lending practices and greed on the part of the banks) is occurring without US buying, which represents well under 1% of sales in Medellin. Conversely here you pay cash or put at least 30% down with a 17% interest rate 15 yr amortization mortgage if you are a Colombian. No speculative frenzy here. But more importatanly is the $ per sq meter for property here. Medellin is one of the lowest priced cosmopolitan cities in the world bsed upon that metric. And the other higher priced cities pale in comparison to what Medellin has to offer.

Finally your concern about continuing higher real estate prices. Yes they probably will go up as more US and European buyers and corporate interests enter the market. But this international particpation will also be doing something else. Creating higher paying jobs (and new jobs) so more of the poor people can move up to the middle class. Creating a growing middle class is the key to shedding a third world status. The educational infrastructure is here and the people are motivated. So they deserve the chance and international investing here will be a major key.

The downside to this scenario is that you sold your aptartment too cheaply and left several million pesos on the table and the rest of us have to pay more for meals, drinks and pussy. It still beats the US.

Cuba Tourist
09-25-08, 00:17
Greg,

Would you be willing to write out a full report on what happened exactly? That would help us to understand the whole incident.

Thank you.

Sylvester
09-25-08, 01:32
Spend spend spend! Offer the mansion more money for a room. Lets all make Greg even more rich so he can pick and choose his clients. Greg got tied up and everything for us all so we really should give him our full support at this time. I have heard some stories that it was almost like that very scary scene in Pulp Fiction involving the Gimp if you guys need some imagines of what Grey suffered for us.

Once Poblado is full of gringos who are blowing all kinds of money and have expensive high class girls then the bad perception the Colombians have of us will change. We got to work together to get rid of the Walmart Gringos! You think a bunch of gringos throwing money around like Daddy Warbucks is a solution? Are you serious? That makes absolutely NO sense! Firstly, doing that attracts MORE, not less attention to yourself. Secondly, doing that will NOT make the locals think better of you. They will conclude you are just another gringo pendejo with more money than brains! This practice did NOT work for Costa Rica and it will NOT work in Colombia.

You mention throwing in an extra c-note, and giving gifts to prepagos. What the hell for? They are not your girlfriend, they are girls you hired for the night or hour. You pay fair market value and treat them decently. Why are you trying to romance a hooker? You think she likes you any better? On the contrary, she is laughing behind your back and telling her friends what a huevon you are.

Throwing money around is a BAD idea. Might as well just paint a bulls-eye your ass. Bring vaseline because you will get fucked!

Chido
09-25-08, 02:11
The truth will hurt becasue the fact is that Medellin was not long ago one of the most dangerous cities in the world. The same people who made is so still live there and are looking for easy targets and the Mansion and all the non spanish speaking foreigners who go there are the easist (and with money) targets around. Why would someone want to tell the truth about the real dangers when there's a good thing going? The issue is that if you travel to a place like Colombia and are in a high profile situation you will be a target. It goes with the territory. Take this as a warning and those who escaped unhurt and only less some personal items consider yourself lucky. People who commit robberies like these will not hesitate to use deadly force.

Sexmetv
09-25-08, 02:38
Rock Harders,

Totally agree with your point, if the Mansion is full of guests and being paid in US$ then surely they can bring in two armed security guards to patrol (I don't think one is effective personally). I think it is money well spent and if it results in a slight increase in the price to stay at the Mansion then so be it! You cannot but a value on security (and the pain in the ass of having to fly to Bogota to get yourself a new passport) and I think you're suggestion is bang on.

Pink

If you are in Medellin say late October, early November let me know, I would like to meet you and grab a beer, I think you would be a blast to shoot the shit with - even though I still disagree with some parts of your posts, but hey, if we all thought the same what fun would that be.

Mongers,
On another note, I just cannot fucking believe that the Mansion did not have several heavily armed guards on the premises at all times prior to this incident. I have been to Medellin several times in the past year and at both times stayed in apartments in Poblado that had a minimum of two armed guards on duty at all times, 24/7. One or two would typically stay in the front office while the other would patrol the grounds. These apartment complexes were not filled with cash-laden gringos, just regular Poblado citizens. Considering who was inhabiting the mansion, the staff should have had well-armed security in place at all times, and protection agreements with the police and/or paramilitaries. The mansion staff failed their clients by not providing this type of security, which is provided at every single hotel and apartment building in Poblado.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

Ferolga777
09-25-08, 02:43
Well, I hope everything works out for everyone and that Greg amps up the security at the Mansion and pays whoever he needs to pay for protection.

I think Code pink is gratuitiously insulting to the budget tourists he dislikes. However, his perspective shows knowledge of Colombia that I see lacking in the more cheerful posts.

I won't speculate on morbid potentialities. Maybe time to reflect soberly on the best course of action.

Ryback2
09-25-08, 03:06
Anyone else here think it is a shame they didn't hit El Castillo instead? Or a big shame BASIL wasn't visiting the mansion when the gunmen hit?

That would have been the shortest robbery in history!

El Greco
09-25-08, 13:16
Mongers,

Actually, Code Pinker is absolutely correct in his evaluations of the situation in Medellin in terms of the way tourists need to behave in order to avoid trouble. The people who visit Medellin need to understand that Medellin IS NOT a large, diverse city at all, but is in fact a small world run by a select few who all know each other and only hang around and socialize with people of their social/economic level, and all this takes place in and around Poblado. These people do not want the scum of their society being strutted around by a bunch of low-rent sex tourists in THEIR high end socializing zone. Even worse, they do not want a non-discreet sex-tourist frat-house operating out in the open in THEIR high end neighborhood, in front of their children, wives, and extended families. Code Pinker is correct in that Medellin is essentially an armed fiefdom controlled by a select few of former / current narcotraficantes / businessmen who are not to be disrespected.

This does not go to say that gringos cannot or should not visit Medellin; when proper discretion is taken, Medellin can be a safe, interesting and fulfilling sport-fucking destination. Examples of this discretion would be fucking a Mayorista or 53rd girl on those premises or within the privacy of your apartment, they should not be taken out to the bars/restuarants/clubs of Parque Lleras or Las Palmas. The upper classes of Medellin are not bothered by Americans that speak Spanish in Medellin who come to enjoy the weather, culture, and pussy, those who are respectful, discreet, and actually have something to add to the place through their presence. However, if lowlife, no-nothing weekend sex tourists disrespect the Poblado crowd enough, Medellin could become a dangerous place for all gringos, which would be a shame.

Suerte,

Rock Harders

EDITOR'S NOTE: I would suggest that the author or another Forum Member consider posting a link to this report in the Reports of Distinction thread. Please Click Here (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/announcement-reportsofdistinction.php?) for more information.That's a very reasonable report of yours Rock Harders.

Believe it or not gentlemen I stayed two weeks in Poblado two years ago and I did not choose to stay in the mansion because I was afraid to. It was a matter of time for this incident to happen. Too many loaded gringos in one place. I choose another nice place and was going almost every day to Parque Lleras dating normal, not hookers, Colombianas. One of them of the upper classes. Good times I had with another two wing men living in Buenos Ayres and very fluent in Spanish.

I never felt threatened there. On the contrary I had an incident with a guy threatening me with a knife a night, walking alone back to my hotel, in Cartagena. Thank God it didn't turn to be serious.

Anyway no need to punch nobody in the nose or break their legs or even cut their penises in order not to go back to Poblado. Just spread the word that everybody has to behave their selves there.

You wouldn't go to the opera with shorts and snickers would you?

Thanks

El Greco

Cachorro
09-25-08, 16:56
Code Pink,

Forget about your war on NMGs for just a moment. You should really turn your attention to NPD.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder, that is.

Cachorro
09-25-08, 17:26
Code Pinker may have only 2 posts to his name, and I don't personally know him from Adam but he's right on the money with his posts. There's NO way this would have happened without the DAS being in on it. Anybody who thinks otherwise has NO CLUE about this country, and frankly, had better just not come here.I really doubt it. Certain guys are implying prior knowledge from:

DAS
Policia Militar
Whatever other branch of the police could potentially respond to emergency calls. There are a bunch of separate police organisations in Colombia
Paramilitary groups present in Poblado

Minimum of two different private security companies on neighboring properties.

You are suggesting that all of the above were warned in advance and agreed to stand down?

We know that the Mansion has cultivated a relationship with the local police. Even so, you guys think they knew about this and allowed it to happen?

Sorry, but I'm not convinced.

Menteng
09-25-08, 18:03
Greg,

Would you be willing to write out a full report on what happened exactly? That would help us to understand the whole incident.

Thank you.Well, Greg. How about it?

Tiny 12
09-26-08, 00:02
I spent some time in Medellin back in 1999 and got to know a lawyer pretty well who worked in something equivalent to the district attorney's office. He worked hand-in-hand with the police, as part of a team. Fatalities among the police back then were off the scale. I figured at the time that if you spent, say, 20 years as a policeman, there was about a 50/50 chance you'd get wasted. In certain neighborhoods in Medellin, the bad guys controlled everything. If the police had to go in to control order, investigate a crime, etc. , they had to do it the same way the U. S. Army used to in Sunni neighborhoods a few years ago. I remember driving around Medellin at night in bad neighborhoods, and being seriously worried about what would happen if the car broke down. If you were in Medellin, petty theft was the least of your worries.

So fast forward to 2008. From what I've read, the city is vastly safer than it used to be. A few gringos get their laptops and cash stolen. Nobody gets hurt. Management hires off duty police protection. I think you guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

And this conspiracy theory seems pretty shakey. Yeah, the powers that be are out to rid Medellin of the hordes of sex tourists and Walmart gringos. While the security situation in Colombia has improved a lot in recent years, I don't think protecting B&B's from robberies is one of the police's priorities. It used to be their first priority was not dying. I'd expect preventing or solving robberies is still pretty low on the scale of what they think is important.

Ricker
09-26-08, 02:20
Code Pinker may have only 2 posts to his name, and I don't personally know him from Adam but he's right on the money with his posts. There's NO way this would have happened without the DAS being in on it. Anybody who thinks otherwise has NO CLUE about this country, and frankly, had better just not come here.Give me a break.

The place was hit because it became known as an easy target.
Little or no security at the time.

Inside job or not, they knew exactly what they were doing and that it wasn´t Code Pink´s or Tony Soprano´s casa.
They knew that it was a casa full of gringos with money.

To think the DAS was in on it is funny.

A similar casa, a marriage agency in Cali full of gringos was robbed in a very similar manner in Cali several years back.

I wonder what robbery the DAS is planning next :)

Beavis
09-26-08, 06:55
In all reality this is probably a blessing because it will deter the Del Rey morons from adventuring elsewhere. A little reality check every now and then will help preserve the wonderful fun we have had in the country a little longer.

John Gault
09-26-08, 13:46
I have read all the reports and comments on the incident at the Mansion. I have been to Lima, CR, Cali, Ctg, BAQ, and Santa Marta, but never to MDE so let Me give My take as a sort of an outsider.

First it seems to Me that The Mansion is a great experence for guys who either do not speak much Spanish or who have never been to MDE. That said the problem from every post is that the powers to be in Poblado do not like what goes on at this hotel. Since it would seem almost imposible to change the way visitors act at the Mansion, the only reasonable answer is to change the location of the hotel. Start over some place in MDE where you will not offend the powers to be in Poblado.

Yes easy for Me to say but to contiune to operate in a place where powerful poeple do not want you is crazy.

Just My two cents and by the way In all my travels I have never seen anyone who works in a low paying job who is a true Monger.

Tweeners
09-26-08, 22:01
If this incident had little to no effect on the current occupancy at the MM, would it make sense for Greg to start blacklisting those that act like ass-hats and draw unneeded attention to themselves?

If he has a full house, it would seem the next step should be not accepting reservations from those that can't show proper respect for the locals and fly under the radar.

Aussie Greg
09-27-08, 15:21
Mr Tween,

We have had one cancelled reservation, considering we have hundreds. I have taken action and I have waited for Medellin Bob to come back from Chicago to make some more.

With the incedent, we only have one person that will not be coming back to the Mansion!

Sundays are a laid back afternoon now, NFL, hotdogs and new young fresh girls, what a mix.

Not interested in the guy's who talk shit about us, I'm to busy, we are the largest, biggest, longest running, sucsessfull, well known foriegn bed and breakfast hotel in Colombia, not a bad achievment that every body wants to be part off. (jesus, I sound like a long playing record)

I'm off to Santa Fe de Antioquia for a couple of days, back for the New York Jets game at the Mansion on Sunday.

(I found out about it, the Australian punter was sacked on the Tuesday, and then re signed on the Saturday, so I guess I'm still a JET! )

Regards to every body and go Hawthorn in beating Gellong in the AFL grandfinal in Melbourne last night, Gellong are a mob of pussy cats!

Aussie Greg.

If this incident had little to no effect on the current occupancy at the MM, would it make sense for Greg to start blacklisting those that act like ass-hats and draw unneeded attention to themselves?

If he has a full house, it would seem the next step should be not accepting reservations from those that can't show proper respect for the locals and fly under the radar.

Ferolga777
09-27-08, 17:02
Well thank god everything is back to normal. Enjoy.

Admin
09-28-08, 18:40
Greetings everyone,

Given that the last 10+ posts in this thread were about real estate in Colombia, I assume that everyone is finished discussing "the Mansion Incident".

Therefor, I have moved all the posts about real estate in Colombia to the thread titled "Buying Propertry in Colombia" and closed this thread to future posts.

If you want to discuss property in Colombia, please post here:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2178

If you want to discuss crime in Colombia, please post here:
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?t=2871

If you want to continue discussing and otherwise beating this dead horse because you harbor some sort of enmity towards the Mansion and/or Aussie Greg, then DON'T post anywhere.

Thanks,

Jackson