PDA

View Full Version : Pros & Cons: The Book on Mongering

Admin
01-01-09, 01:00
Thread Starter.

Fuzz Bucket
01-21-09, 02:39
Recently, Jackson allowed the authors of a fictional thiller called PROS & CONS to use his Website as part of their storyline. One of their main characters stumbles onto the FKK clubs of Germany, then expands his hobbying ways to the DR. But the book is mainly set in Boston, and then gravitates towards the DR.

The authors attempted not to take sides in regards to immigration, the criminal justice system, or prostitution. Their main intent was to tell a story, and try to be as factual as possible.

Obviously the "mongering way of life" as portrayed in the book has raised some eyebrows. But it has also created some interesting dialogue between men and women in regards to sexuality in general.

Jackson will shortly be loading a banner onto the ISG for the first time, for which the authors are extremely grateful. Also, several excerpts of the book will be placed on the site for your review.

For a great vacation read and more about PROS & CONS, go to www.faze2publishing.com

Fuzz Bucket
01-22-09, 21:53
Frank Milano was a hobbyist in the world of international hedonism. While wearing his favorite Yankees cap, Frank wove his way through the crowd and past the many shops in the departures terminal. As he rounded a corner and entered the long narrow corridor connecting the departure terminal to the passenger loading gates—and long before he saw them—Frank heard their music once again. This was the second time in five days he had passed the same four jovial brown-skinned musicians dressed in matching flowery blue shirts and tan pants, all wearing different-style straw hats. Their lot in life was to provide a welcome greeting to arriving passengers at Puerto Plata’s Gregorio Luperon International Airport on the north shore of the Dominican Republic. As Frank walked towards his departure gate, he watched the faces of the newly arriving passengers as they strolled by the musicians who were belting out lively música folklórica, otherwise known as merengue music. The quartet played cheerfully and smiled at each new person who passed, in hopes they would drop a buck or two in the can marked tips. Frank imagined this was a scene that played out on many a Caribbean island.

As a hobbyist, Frank knew where to play. He’d learned of the lifestyle almost by accident while serving in the US Air Force stationed at Rhein-Main AB in Frankfurt, Germany, where a fellow airman had introduced him to the Frei Korper Kultur sex clubs. The number of attractive women in these clubs was astounding. The fall of the Berlin Wall had added a flood of eastern bloc beauties who now entered legally into what had been known as West Germany. Frank soon realized it was much easier to pay for sex than to track it down in a bar, trying to be Rico Suave. Paying for sex was a "business transaction" with a near 100% success rate and far better than the hit-or-miss alternatives. As long as he was dealing with another mature, consenting adult, he saw no harm. In fact, it seemed more civilized, since he was not being disingenuous about his intentions.

On one of his many sojourns to an FKK club, Frank bumped into an American businessman who had discovered the German sex clubs through the International Sex Guide Web site. The man explained that the ISG was a great place for like-minded gentlemen to research the best places to practice their favorite "hobby. " *****monger was the term generally given to men associated with this lifestyle; however, practitioners preferred monger, for even the ISG had a philosophy of political correctness. He told Frank that, over time, the ISG had grown in stature amongst hobbyists; its reports were informative about countries and cultures, not just about sexual romps with women. Through this international Web site, Frank soon realized that his adventures in Frankfurt barely scratched the surface of the world’s oldest profession.

Fuzz Bucket
01-24-09, 18:24
Starting to read at the beginning of this short thread that Jackson just began should help explain the fictional novel called PROS & CONS. Hope this pops up on "New Reports" for the first time.

Fuzz Bucket
01-25-09, 21:39
Less than two days after her sermon regarding professional conduct, Superintendent Devon Burke scheduled a follow-up roll call meeting. At the correctional center, it was never good to see the administration arrive before the 7-3 shift, especially on a weekend. But there she was greeting sleepy-eyed officers as they entered the lobby. Word quickly spread amongst the 11-7 officers that many of them would be forced to work overtime. Those “frozen” to stay were ordered to report to the superintendent’s roll call.

Frank couldn’t believe that he was being forced to work overtime again today. He was exhausted from working the previous shift. He even had to write a disciplinary report on two detainees found engaging in a sex act. Frank caught detainee Jimmie Campbell, a black career criminal in his forties, going down on a red-headed, 22 year old named David Quinn. Jimmie had spent the night trying to convince Frank that such acts were “okay in jail.” Jimmie pled, “Please, Frank, don’t write it up. I’ve got information and can help you out with stuff. C’mon Frank, you know it doesn’t count in jail.”

Frank was exhausted from a long day at school and a longer night at work. Angry at being forced to work another eight hours, beat, and in no mood, Frank shot back, “No, Jimmie, it counts wherever the fuck you are. Only in here it’s against the law. There’s no such thing as consensual sex in prison, period.”

Jimmie shook his head in disbelief and despair. Frank put his hand on Campbell’s shoulder and said, “Look, Jimmie, I’m not judging you, but be real, either you can put it in your mouth or you can’t. It’s no big deal to me. Some of my best friends suck dick,” he teased, “only they’re mostly all women.”

Blurry-eyed, Frank reported to the roll call room and thought that two roll calls with the superintendent inside of a week was definitely a nightmare. Frank wondered if his remarks to Jimmie Campbell would get back to her. Frank actually got a little excited envisioning Burke saying the words “suck” and “dick” in the same sentence. Corporal Dave Galvin was in the back of the roll call room when he tapped Frank’s shoulder and in an Irish whisper asked if he thought Burke was hot. As the superintendent entered the roll call room, she looked Galvin straight in the eyes and asked if he had a problem. “No ma’am,” Galvin replied with a bit of embarrassment. The superintendent gave him a look that seemed to say I knew you had no balls. She then waited for stragglers to file in for her roll call briefing.

Sergeant Nate Trotter gave Galvin and Frank a playful tap on their backs and whispered, “I thought she was a dike, but have you ever seen her eat a hot dog in the lunch hall?” Trotter simulated, holding a phallic wiener in one hand to his open mouth, while cupping his other hand below.

As Trotter darted his tongue across the imaginary meat, Frank declared, “Jeez, Trot, you look like you know what you’re doing there.” The officers’ muffled guffaws again drew the attention of the superintendent.

“Problem Officer Trotter?” the superintendent barked.

Trotter dropped his eyes and shook his head. Devon was a pro at not letting distractions sidetrack her. She just put Trotter and “his boys” in her memory bank, filed under “disrespectful.”

Member #4351
01-25-09, 22:07
This should be interesting.....and Jackson is well loved in Boston.

Fuzz Bucket
01-25-09, 23:31
33 = Are you serious, or tongue in cheek?

Member #4351
01-25-09, 23:38
tongue in cheek...Jackson isn´t just a pretty face..he´s famous in Boston. Jackson, if this can´t be mentioned...delete please.

Albert Punter
01-26-09, 03:35
It seems an interesting book.

I only notice that on top-right corner of this page a link to faze2 website appears, whereas on faze2 doesn't appear a link to ISG in the links page.

It would be good to have it. At the end ISG is mentioned in the book.

Fuzz Bucket
02-03-09, 17:37
All,

Attached is the new trailer for the book. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FWO7hPiVak

Ponderosa
02-14-09, 18:23
Well, I have done trip reports before in the Dominican Republic forums here in the ISG, but never a “Book Report” anywhere since my High School days. Don’t ask me why, but I was contacted by Nmcoz and offered a free copy of the book for a “Book Report” posted in this section on the book “Pros and Cons”. Being not only a monger, but evidently a “free book” wh*re, I said “sure, send it to me”. To be fair with everyone here in the forum, Nmcoz requested, and I had as my only stipulation, that I would not be influenced by getting a freebie book. If he would have offered an extra Seventy-five bucks though, I think I could have been bought out (LOL). Again to be fair, I don’t know a positive or negative “review” from me would impact sales for the book anyway, but it is a good scam and the only “freebie” I ever got from being a semi-vocal board member on this board.

Now in an effort to keep up my end of the bargain, I shall post a review. Actually it is a pretty good book, a thriller to be specific. I do have a bit of a problem with some of the ads here calling it “the book” on mongering, but I will say it does weave the ISG and the art of mongering into a story involving incarceration of a Dominican during a drug sting gone bad. Two of the characters engage in the fine art of international punting although it is not central to the storyline of the book.

As far as the presentation of mongering, I must say it does provide a fair and unbiased presentation of how and why a character in this book chooses this lifestyle, as well as a non judgmental view of it. Much of the book is set in the Dominican Republic, and the portions dealing with the North Coast (Sosua, Puerto Plata) were well in line with my own experiences, and the portions dealing with the South Coast (Santo Domingo, Boca Chica) fit well with my experiences reading what other board members have experienced. I also found the narrative regarding the Dominican Police to be believable with my encounters with them, and the personalities of the putas similar to my experiences. Although this is not a highly erotic book and I don’t want to give much away, there is one line in the book where the chica mounts her “novio” and says something like “enjoy my pussy, baby” and I could see myself there. It was spot on.

The vast majority of the book revolves around a drug deal/sting operation gone bad and set at a Boston Correctional facility and the sequence of events that transpire because of this. It is an easy read and I found it to keep my interest.

All in all, I liked the book, and found it a bit refreshing to read about punting and not see a moral judgment tied to it.

Thanks for the free book.

P

Piper1
02-15-09, 00:11
I'm interested in a good read. The vid promo looks interesting. Happy to review the book if you email me a printable copy. If interested, PM me for my email address.

Piper

Fuzz Bucket
02-15-09, 23:28
P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our work. We also thank you for what you wrote. Your $75 is in the mail! :)

Re: Your comment on our ISG banner ad about us calling PROS & CONS "The Book" on Mongering. As you know, one of our characters is a hobbyist and is a member of the ISG. We think our portrayal of him might be typical whereby he loves what he does, but it doesn't consume his life, as it is only a hobby. Plus, we liked the play on words.

Thank you again.........

NMCOZ

Well, I have done trip reports before in the Dominican Republic forums here in the ISG, but never a “Book Report” anywhere since my High School days. Don’t ask me why, but I was contacted by Nmcoz and offered a free copy of the book for a “Book Report” posted in this section on the book “Pros and Cons”. Being not only a monger, but evidently a “free book” wh*re, I said “sure, send it to me”. To be fair with everyone here in the forum, Nmcoz requested, and I had as my only stipulation, that I would not be influenced by getting a freebie book. If he would have offered an extra Seventy-five bucks though, I think I could have been bought out (LOL). Again to be fair, I don’t know a positive or negative “review” from me would impact sales for the book anyway, but it is a good scam and the only “freebie” I ever got from being a semi-vocal board member on this board.

Now in an effort to keep up my end of the bargain, I shall post a review. Actually it is a pretty good book, a thriller to be specific. I do have a bit of a problem with some of the ads here calling it “the book” on mongering, but I will say it does weave the ISG and the art of mongering into a story involving incarceration of a Dominican during a drug sting gone bad. Two of the characters engage in the fine art of international punting although it is not central to the storyline of the book.

As far as the presentation of mongering, I must say it does provide a fair and unbiased presentation of how and why a character in this book chooses this lifestyle, as well as a non judgmental view of it. Much of the book is set in the Dominican Republic, and the portions dealing with the North Coast (Sosua, Puerto Plata) were well in line with my own experiences, and the portions dealing with the South Coast (Santo Domingo, Boca Chica) fit well with my experiences reading what other board members have experienced. I also found the narrative regarding the Dominican Police to be believable with my encounters with them, and the personalities of the putas similar to my experiences. Although this is not a highly erotic book and I don’t want to give much away, there is one line in the book where the chica mounts her “novio” and says something like “enjoy my pussy, baby” and I could see myself there. It was spot on.

The vast majority of the book revolves around a drug deal/sting operation gone bad and set at a Boston Correctional facility and the sequence of events that transpire because of this. It is an easy read and I found it to keep my interest.

All in all, I liked the book, and found it a bit refreshing to read about punting and not see a moral judgment tied to it.

Thanks for the free book.

P

Fuzz Bucket
02-15-09, 23:38
P,

Thanks for your offer, but at this point, we need more sales to pay Jackson for his services. :)

But here's our conter offer........buy our book from the web and or order it from a big box store like Borders or B&N, and if you don't like it, we'll give you your money back.

Thanks for also taking the time to look at our video as well........

NMCOZ..........

I'm interested in a good read. The vid promo looks interesting. Happy to review the book if you email me a printable copy. If interested, PM me for my email address.

Piper

Fuzz Bucket
02-18-09, 22:36
All,

Based on Ponderosa's review below and Piper's follow-up offer, I'd like to extend the same counter offer to all on the ISG. Meaning.........if you buy, read, and then think the book's a piece of shit, we'll return your money. And you can keep the book and use it for kindling.

With all the time you guys spend on planes and/or the beach, I can't help believe you don't need something good to read!

Thanks for listening to the sales pitch..........

Ova & out,

NMCOZ

Bunda Man
03-02-09, 03:56
I read Pros and Cons while on the plane to and returning from my recent trip to San Jose, Costa Rica. I paid for my copy. The price is reasonable. The mongering aspect of the book peaked my interest, and while mongering is not central to the story, that aspect blended perfectly with the focus on prison life and Dominican drug gangs to make for a fast-paced thriller.

I am unaware of a book, intended for mainstream audiences, where mongering is potrayed in the specific way it is in Pros and Cons. In that regard, it is unique. Couple that with the other multiple story lines and you have a great read.

I also found the book to be well-written and well-researched. The plot really should be the next popular television crime drama. I highly recommend the book to everyone on the board and have even recommended it to my non-mongering friends and colleagues.

Fuzz Bucket
03-03-09, 05:05
BM,

Hope you had a good time in CR. Really appreciate you buying a copy of the book and taking the time to write a review.

Ova & out,

I read Pros and Cons while on the plane to and returning from my recent trip to San Jose, Costa Rica. I paid for my copy. The price is reasonable. The mongering aspect of the book peaked my interest, and while mongering is not central to the story, that aspect blended perfectly with the focus on prison life and Dominican drug gangs to make for a fast-paced thriller.

I am unaware of a book, intended for mainstream audiences, where mongering is potrayed in the specific way it is in Pros and Cons. In that regard, it is unique. Couple that with the other multiple story lines and you have a great read.

I also found the book to be well-written and well-researched. The plot really should be the next popular television crime drama. I highly recommend the book to everyone on the board and have even recommended it to my non-mongering friends and colleagues.

Member #4351
04-14-09, 16:24
Bought the book on Amazon. Started off a little slow, but once you get into it, it picks up and gets pretty interesting. I would recommend it to those forum members who read books.

I would like to know if I win an all paid mongering trip to Sosua for finding the planted error on page 152. Its obvious that using the incorrect word "phase" instead of "faze" in the sentence, "did not seem to PHASE him all that much." was done on purpose given the name of the publishing company; (faze2) and the names of the authors; (DeFAZIO).

Ponderosa
04-28-09, 01:43
I would like to know if I win an all paid mongering trip to Sosua for finding the planted error on page 152. Its obvious that using the incorrect word "phase" instead of "faze" in the sentence, "did not seem to PHASE him all that much." was done on purpose given the name of the publishing company; (faze2) and the names of the authors; (DeFAZIO).

Actually, I was hoping to get in on this "free trip" stuff by noting that the only non-fictional character in the book is Lino, the current owner of Cristal's Night Club (cathouse) and former owner of Cristal's Mustang Ranch and Resort (known once again as Field of Dreams Hotel).

Man, I will do anything for a freebie (LOL).

P

Fuzz Bucket
04-29-09, 22:16
Senor 33,

First of all, thank you for buying our book. We really appreciate your support along with the other (3) people who have bought our book to date. (Ok, so it's been more than (3), but it certainly seems like it!) Thanks as well for your honest review and subsequent report.

Finally, nice catch re: phase. Believe it or not, it's an honest/ironic mistake. For your efforts, you win a free Presidente the next time I'm in the DR.

Sincerely........thank you again for your support & review!

NMCOZ

Bought the book on Amazon. Started off a little slow, but once you get into it, it picks up and gets pretty interesting. I would recommend it to those forum members who read books.

Fuzz Bucket
04-29-09, 22:26
Yo P,

In the Prologue, a character named Lilo is mentioned, not Lino. He is a cab driver/tour guide and not the owner of Cristals. But I will tell you, you are on the right track re: the only non-fictional character in the book.

As you've already wasted one guess, your free trip has been downgraded to a free lunch..........

Thanks for helping keep the interest alive.

NMCOZ.........

Actually, I was hoping to get in on this "free trip" stuff by noting that the only non-fictional character in the book is Lino, the current owner of Cristal's Night Club (cathouse) and former owner of Cristal's Mustang Ranch and Resort (known once again as Field of Dreams Hotel).

Man, I will do anything for a freebie (LOL).

P

Fuzz Bucket
04-29-09, 22:32
BM,

I completely forgot to thank you for your support and review. Sorry for the delay.

Note: We've recently hooked up with a movie dude to flip the book into a screenplay. We plan on having Jackson play himself! :)

Thanks again,

NMCOZ..........