PDA

View Full Version : Angeles City Hotels & Accomodations

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Pip Jaeger
05-23-12, 13:42
As this hotel has been reviewed many times, and there's a ton of info about it on the web, I won't go into a lot of detail. Suffice it to say that this is great place to stay, no issues with bringing in any ladies. The staff there is great, they always have a smile for you and after a couple of days it felt more like a second home as opposed to a hotel. Close enough to the action to be convenient, but far enough away to be quiet.

I had booked a pool view deluxe suite via an Agoda flash deal for $79. 00 USD (plus tax) per night. The room was very quiet and spacious; good Wi-Fi signal and no issues with it while I was there. I like the location, close enough to walk to the clubs on Fields– about 10 minutes – if I felt like it and about 5 minutes to the clubs on Perimeter. They also offer a free car service (mini-vans) , which comes in handy when you're with a lady or if the weather turns bad (don't forget to tip the drivers, a great bunch of guys). The only time they charge for the service is if you use it for an airport pickup / drop off – 400 pesos to Clark (didn't ask about Manila).

My one and only gripe – slow service at the Resto; even a simple omelet (special of the day) one morning took about 25-30 minutes. But it was worth the wait; for that matter the couple of meals I did eat there, both in the room and at the Resto were very good. And I can't say enough about the mango or mango / pineapple shakes – add a shot or two of dark rum if you want to kick up a notch!

Wolfie0066
05-26-12, 05:45
I'm going to The PI this year instead of Thailand. This will be my first trip there. I'm flying into MNL during the first week of August. Is there anyway to arrange for a taxi before I get there? Or should I just hire one at the airport? How much should I pay?

Sammon
05-26-12, 13:13
To Ekspat,

Devera get alot of Korean tour group book up most of the room even they have 7 th floor after fully open and rise the price they still will get book fully, not easy to get a nice room at a decent price anymore here in AC, never stay at the exec room yet so not sure how much larger the room are might try it next time.

Fast Eddie 48Devera could get popular and the rates will go up. Right now it is nice and new. There is some big construction going on the next plot to Devera. Do not know if it is a new hotel? Or Devera extension with pool and more rooms.

Prices in AC accomodation have gone up significantly in spite of more hotels opening. When I was there just out of curiosity I stopped by or called few hotels to see if they had vacancies. All said they do. So rooms are not filling up and sooner or later lots of hotels will have promotions.

My stay at Devera hotel was comfortable except couple of late night brawls in next room. It seems a Korean guy got this girl pregnant and wanted her out. Girl was pleading, banging on the door, yelling to let her in. Security came and tried to sort it out. As usual generally in AC hotels do not call police.

WestCoast1
05-26-12, 17:08
I'm going to The PI this year instead of Thailand. This will be my first trip there. I'm flying into MNL during the first week of August. Is there anyway to arrange for a taxi before I get there? Or should I just hire one at the airport? How much should I pay?Contact your hotel in AC. They will provide their car / van service to pick you up at the airport. Cost is 2500-3000 peso. Same upon return if you want, or you can take the bus back for about p600. Having the car waiting for just you is nice. The driver waits across the street, with a hotel shirt on and a sign with your name. No waiting in line for taxis.

Alternately, you can dicker for a better price for a taxi (hit / miss) at the airport.

Fast Eddie 48
05-27-12, 16:18
Devera could get popular and the rates will go up. Right now it is nice and new. There is some big construction going on the next plot to Devera. Do not know if it is a new hotel? Or Devera extension with pool and more rooms.

Prices in AC accomodation have gone up significantly in spite of more hotels opening. When I was there just out of curiosity I stopped by or called few hotels to see if they had vacancies. All said they do. So rooms are not filling up and sooner or later lots of hotels will have promotions.

My stay at Devera hotel was comfortable except couple of late night brawls in next room. It seems a Korean guy got this girl pregnant and wanted her out. Girl was pleading, banging on the door, yelling to let her in. Security came and tried to sort it out. As usual generally in AC hotels do not call police.To Sammon.

I think that buliding is a condo so far only six floor are open seven floor will open soon and the pool and resturant at the roof, I am sure why may is normally a slow season I check pacific breeze are also book full so I stay at the central on my last night and head to Olongapo for a few days and have a good time there.

Fast Eddie 48

JohnnyXNg9876
06-17-12, 16:36
I spent 2 night here and it was fully booked except for a junior suite. Everything looked new and staff was very caring and accommodating. It's about 5 min walk to field ave. After checked in, I went there around 1:30am and did bar hopping. It looked like good stocks got depleted because it was not impressed with the quality and asking barfine was 1800-2000. So I went back emptied hand and felt I wasted my time here. Next evening, I realized that Devera was next to Pony Tail bar. I checked it out aroung 6pm and they had 75 in stock. I took the advice fom this forum and I talked to a Mama. She presented 7 fresh meat and BF was only 1500. I got a fresh one.

Name: Anita.

Look: 6. 5 on stage; 5 in plain clothes.

Sex: 6 (I had to coach her a lot)

Pussy: 9 (I was hurting her. Her exbf popped her cherry and I was her second man)

Anal: na.

BJ: 3 (she's new, she tried hard and almost vomited a few times)

GFE: 9.

Damage: 1500 bf + tips

Jack Burton
06-24-12, 14:44
Eddie,

Are you considered a light sleeper? Do you get woken up regularly by odd noises when you sleep even if it's the slightest of noises to most people? I do and maybe less so than before but still am considered a light sleeper. I think when someone asks about quiet rooms, that's usually an indication that they are probably a light sleeper and if you are not one like that, then you may not understand the problems that come with it. I love nice beds too, but I find out the hard way that even with a nice mattress, I can't sleep well with noises from trikes and construction or people making noise by talking in the hallways or videoke machines just outside a window.

Jack,

Also, if it gets really bad and you are willing to pay for it, you may want to just pay up and stay at Wild Orchid. It's a little expensive for what you get, but the rooms in back by the pool were extremely quiet, but you have to pay for that luxury. There was no ethernet connection in room though. For me, staying on actual Fields or Perimeter are pretty tough propositions for light sleepers.Thanks. I once had a job where I had to stay in a hotel next to the interstate. After day one, my productivity was nil because the interstate had heavy semi traffic 24/7. In the wilderness, I have been known to wake from a car seven miles away. Although conditions have to be just right for me to hear that. According to tests, I could hear everything a dog can hear, up to 200K Hz. So I probably would not retire to AC, but it sounds like great fun for a vacation.

X Man
06-25-12, 15:08
Well, you got to feel for those dogs. They don't have choice.

Thanks. I once had a job where I had to stay in a hotel next to the interstate. After day one, my productivity was nil because the interstate had heavy semi traffic 24/7. In the wilderness, I have been known to wake from a car seven miles away. Although conditions have to be just right for me to hear that. According to tests, I could hear everything a dog can hear, up to 200K Hz. So I probably would not retire to AC, but it sounds like great fun for a vacation.

Sprite13
06-29-12, 05:17
Hey gents,

I'm planning my first trip to AC. 2nd to the Phils in late August. Some typical newbie questions:

- how long is it to reach AC by taxi from the international airport in Manila? Is it safe to cab it if the flight lands late at night in MNL (say around 9-11pm)? Or would you guys recommend to spend the night in MNL and get to AC the following day?

- what would be a good hotel to stay, which is near the action for around 1000-1300 / night? Not concerned about brakefest but wifi is a must and a pool would be a nice bonus but not vital.

- weather wise, is that a good season? Or is it the rainy season / hurricane season?

- roughly speaking, what are the current rates for ST and LT at the bars in AC?

Apologies for the newby questions, I will read the entire AC section as my trip approaches.

Thanks!

X Man
06-29-12, 14:22
I prefer to spend a night or two in MNL and then take one of the hotel bus services like FLy the Bus. But the cheapest hotel with a pool is going to be 2500 or over in Manila. Has anyone stayed at Copacabana lately? It has a pool and is directly across from the EDSA Entertainment ctr, and is also near a bus station. If you plan to go to AC the next day, you probably don't need a pool.

Nevertheless, a late night ride to AC has some advantages. Traffic should be light, so about one hour. Also you avoid the check in / check out at a Manila Hotel. I'm not sure how much a cabbie from the airport will charge you, but they would probably be more trustworthy than a taxi you flag on the street somewhere. For safety reasons, you might ask how long he has already been driving. You don't want a sleepy driver.

There will be a lot of rain July thru September. You can buy an umbrella at the mall. Take (or buy) sandals for when the rain is heavy to avoid wet shoes. X.

Hey gents,

I'm planning my first trip to AC. 2nd to the Phils in late August. Some typical newbie questions:

- how long is it to reach AC by taxi from the international airport in Manila? Is it safe to cab it if the flight lands late at night in MNL (say around 9-11pm)? Or would you guys recommend to spend the night in MNL and get to AC the following day?

- what would be a good hotel to stay, which is near the action for around 1000-1300 / night? Not concerned about brakefest but wifi is a must and a pool would be a nice bonus but not vital.

- weather wise, is that a good season? Or is it the rainy season / hurricane season?

Apologies for the newby questions, I will read the entire AC section as my trip approaches.

Thanks!

WestCoast1
06-29-12, 17:33
Nevertheless, a late night ride to AC has some advantages. Traffic should be light, so about one hour. Also you avoid the check in / check out at a Manila Hotel. I'm not sure how much a cabbie from the airport will charge you, but they would probably be more trustworthy than a taxi you flag on the street somewhere. For safety reasons, you might ask how long he has already been driving. You don't want a sleepy driver.

X.Your AC hotel will provide a car to pick you up at the Manila airport for less than a cabbie will charge you. A cabbie from the Manila airport will want 3500-6000 pesos. Your AC hotel will charge you 2700-3000, depending on whether you want a car or van for pickup. Also, the hotel driver is dedicated to getting you to your hotel and knows exactly where it is.

Fast Eddie 48
06-29-12, 21:49
Hey gents,

Thanks!To Sprite 13.

Hotel for 1300 p I think Central park at 1400 p is a good options and location same owner as the Pacific breeze near by you can use the pool there just get a courtesy pass form the front desk should paid a little more 1950 p at Pacific breeze better room, taxi to ac from Manila will cost 2500 p one way I would spend 1-2 day in manila first, I was in AC and manila late may for 10 days it was dry only rain one day that mean it will be very late wet season like last yr when all the flood in early aug.

Barfine most small bar at field start at 1500 p include FS tip is option I tip 200-300 p if service is good, the bigger bar with better Quality girl like the Camelot, Blue nile and Crystal palace is 1900 to 3000 p don't be cheap if you are only going to be here for a few days go for a 3000 p super hot girl for one night about 75 USD now I am back in the US and I say to myself I should of barfine the 3000p girl not to save 1500 p for a 1500 p girl.

Fast Eddie 48

Sprite13
06-30-12, 08:15
Thanks guys for your feedback and answering my questions (X-Man, West Coast and Fast Eddie 48) very much appreciated guys!

So to recap, a cab ride from the MNL international aiport at night to AC will take about an hour and should go for around 2700-3000, sounds good to me. After spending almost 24 hours on a plane, I wouldn't mind paying for a private car to get me to my hotel without any hassle. Much better than hagging with a cab outside the airport.

Is there like a guide to the AC scene in here like the one in say the tremendously helpful Bubba guide in the Rio forum? Rio was my fav playground before but lately, I've been having the yellow fever and it's been Asia for the past 2 years.

Fast Eddie,

Thanks for the hotel suggestion (Cental Park) , I'm going to look at it. Is it near the action or not?

Also, if I were to arrive at my hotel around midnight, which bar would you suggest for a first timer for his first night in AC? Open to all suggestions guys!

Thanks again!

Docwiltro
06-30-12, 11:32
Hey gents,

Thanks!I always spend a few days in MNL before heading up to A. C, but you don't have to. If you want to leave directly from the airport, you can pick up transportation (about 2 hrs to A. C.) at the small building across from the exit of the arrivals terminal (or you could venture down the ramp to the pick-up area for the same service). It should cost somewhere between p2, 700 and p3, 000). If you need pesos, change a see-note before leaving the terminal (you'll see the money changers against the back wall).

I always stay at Sunset Garden in A. C. Which fits your price range, and they do have a pool, wi-fi and a resto.

August weather can be quite rainy in the Philippines, and you could run into something; so, be sure to bring a small umbrella, flip-flops, and maybe a rain jacket: you'll be OK. The bars will still be open.

LovingAsia
06-30-12, 13:04
I always stay at Sunset Garden in A. C. Which fits your price range, and they do have a pool, wi-fi and a resto. August weather can be quite rainy in the Philippines, and you could run into something; so, be sure to bring a small umbrella, flip-flops, and maybe a rain jacket: you'll be OK. The bars will still be open.I like Sunset Gardens. Tall palm trees and nice pool, large beds, not far from Perimeter road bars, and 15mins stroll to Fields. Only thing is the wireless is not password protected. On returning home, Google Analytics picked up on people from Phils visiting my homepage which has nothing to do with Phils, and I still get the occassional hit. I wouldn't use unsecured wireless for internet banking.

Anything you need, you can pick up cheaply locally. Umbrellas all around for about 100 pesos.

Undercoverh
06-30-12, 15:09
I always spend a few days in MNL before heading up to A. C, but you don't have to. If you want to leave directly from the airport, you can pick up transportation (about 2 hrs to A. C.) at the small building across from the exit of the arrivals terminal (or you could venture down the ramp to the pick-up area for the same service). It should cost somewhere between p2, 700 and p3, 000). If you need pesos, change a see-note before leaving the terminal (you'll see the money changers against the back wall).

I always stay at Sunset Garden in A. C. Which fits your price range, and they do have a pool, wi-fi and a resto.

August weather can be quite rainy in the Philippines, and you could run into something; so, be sure to bring a small umbrella, flip-flops, and maybe a rain jacket: you'll be OK. The bars will still be open.The attached pic, I saw on Youtube under "JPD." Are you the same guy? I watch your videos of meeting girls in AC and I am a fan. Keep up the good work if you are the same guy.

In another posted, you had mentioend Candy Bar. I have gone there often and I like it a lot! The price was around 1,100P the last time I was there. The girls are nice and have always provided me with good sex. I prefer Candy Bar over most of the bars on Fields Ave. There are several post of Candy Bar on YouTube for guys who want to take a look inside the bar. The girls are not 10s, but they look good to me. I have always loved nice and sweet brown skin Filipinas and Candy Bar has them (as opposed to the whiter skin Filipinas at the big clubs on Fields Ave).

Sammon
06-30-12, 16:58
Thanks guys for your feedback and answering my questions (X-Man, West Coast and Fast Eddie 48) very much appreciated guys!

So to recap, a cab ride from the MNL international aiport at night to AC will take about an hour and should go for around 2700-3000, sounds good to me. After spending almost 24 hours on a plane, I wouldn't mind paying for a private car to get me to my hotel without any hassle. Much better than hagging with a cab outside the airport.

Is there like a guide to the AC scene in here like the one in say the tremendously helpful Bubba guide in the Rio forum? Rio was my fav playground before but lately, I've been having the yellow fever and it's been Asia for the past 2 years.

Fast Eddie,

Thanks for the hotel suggestion (Cental Park) , I'm going to look at it. Is it near the action or not?

Also, if I were to arrive at my hotel around midnight, which bar would you suggest for a first timer for his first night in AC? Open to all suggestions guys!

Thanks again!If you are looking for cheap vacation (looks like you are) ,

1. Go to balibago. Com It has all info about hotels and prices. Call individual hotels and try to negotiate the best price. Sometimes they give you a discount if you are staying for a week or more.

2. Hotels on and around fields avenue are on the expensive side.

3. Bars on fields avenue charge more for barfine.

4. If you are arriving late why not stay one night in Manila? There are cheap hotels near Manila bay cafe. You can get a girl there cheap if you are not too picky.

5. Next morning just walk down to swagmans and take fly the bus for 600 pesos. It will drop you and your bags to your chosen hotel in AC.

Your thinking of paying 3000 pesos for taxi will cover room, girl and maybe bus fare.

6. You can go to perimeter bars and barfine girls cheap. But do stop in fields avenue bars for experience.

7. There are discos where you can pick up freelancers cheap. Just lock up your valuables in safe deposit box. All hotels have them either in the room or at reception.

Key Master
06-30-12, 19:00
Hey gents,

Thanks!I think you should start reading now! You have a lot to dig thru and seem to be a little bit out of touch. Not every bit of advice will be true for everyone here. A lot of differences in the people for why they go there and what they want to get out of it.

Fast Eddie 48
07-02-12, 01:46
I think you should start reading now! You have a lot to dig thru and seem to be a little bit out of touch. Not every bit of advice will be true for everyone here. A lot of differences in the people for why they go there and what they want to get out of it.To Key,

You are right everyone is different many Newbie question all you can do is offer adivce if they don't listen no alot you can do, for Sprite newbie never been to AC is better for him to just stay 1-2 night in Manila and take the fly by bus to AC but again he might not even like AC after he see the Place and want to leave and go back to Manila.

Fast Eddie 48

Sprite13
07-02-12, 07:20
Thanks guys, very much appreciated for all your feedback.

The bar / gogo experience is not new to me, I lived in BKK last year and Soi Cowboy was a place I spent a lot of time plus I would go on the weekends to Pattaya.

Is the gogo scene in AC similar to BKK / Patts or different?

Nordmann
07-08-12, 17:01
Hi Guys!

I have been to AC twice and just want to quickly share my hotel experiences. First time (2010) I stayed at the Donald Paul Appartelle. The owner was really nice, a crazy American, however my room was quite shady and not cosy at all. It was dark and bathroom didn't look really clean. No internet in the room and downstairs heavy problems with the connection. Price was quite low, but I think you get much better for the same money. So no recommendation for this one from my side.

Second time (2011) I stayed at Pacific Breeze, which was a bit above my usual budget, but I wanted to give myself a good time after a tough year. I think location of PB is just perfect, quite, but just a few steps from the action. I didn't have any problems there, safe and internet was working without any probs, room was very clean and security makes sure no girl leaves the hotel before the guard / reception has doublechecked with you that everything is ok. Only complain I have is that the mattress was quit hard, I couldn't sleep very well because of that and was suffering pain in lower back. However, that's just a personal thing and I might be totally fine for others of you. So from my side a recommendation for this Pacific Breeze.

This year my wingman and me are thinking of renting a nice 2 bedroom apartment in AC rather than going to an hotel again. It should be close by the action as well (walking distance). I tried google and this thread but couldn't really find something. We are just staying 2 weeks. Does anybody has any advice regarding apartments? Would be much appreciated.

Sorry for any language mistakes, but I am not a native English speaker.

Nordmann

It Travel
07-09-12, 16:12
Hi Guys!

Second time (2011) I stayed at Pacific Breeze, which was a bit above my usual budget, but I wanted to give myself a good time after a tough year. I think location of PB is just perfect, quite, but just a few steps from the action. I didn't have any problems there, safe and internet was working without any probs, room was very clean and security makes sure no girl leaves the hotel before the guard / reception has doublechecked with you that everything is ok. Only complain I have is that the mattress was quit hard, I couldn't sleep very well because of that and was suffering pain in lower back. However, that's just a personal thing and I might be totally fine for others of you. So from my side a recommendation for this Pacific Breeze.

NordmannDo you remember the price?

IT

It Travel
07-09-12, 16:25
Here is their link. I stay there all the time and it's a good hotel. The cheapest room is about $48. 00 a night and goes up to about $70. 00 or so. They have 24 hour bar / restaurant, pool, free wi-fi, when a girl leaves they will call your room to make sure all is OK, gym on top of the new wing, and it's clean and quiet. I would highly recommend it also. They can also arrange airport pickup for about 400-500 pesos.

http://www.pacificbreezehotel.com/Problems in bringin in more than one (I want to make a nice birthday party!)

IT

It Travel
07-09-12, 17:53
No problem at all. I have had 4 girls in my room at one time. These were local girls that I know from going there for work all the time and not bargirls. I have seen guys at the pool area with harems. I will be there in August again for work so if your there then let me know and I'll buy you a beer.A pity for the beer. May be next time I'll be in another paradise in August. Russia with the palewhite blondes (and brunetkas too). Totally different from the LBFM og Philippines.

Some are not beauties. Like Inga I just post a memento. But they are so horny that nothing is impossible. Just a couple of samples... a pig and a girl to love...

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1080-Anal-Connoisseurs&p=696282&viewfull=1#post696282

Ivol one of my best pics in the FSU (Former Soviet Union...)
http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=86690
her lips was definitevely the best place for my tongue (bith upper and under!)

PS may be next year! (for the beer)

IT.

It Travel
07-10-12, 06:36
Thanks for the treat. One thing I did forget to tell you is that the way the PB controls who comes in and out of your room is that when you leave the Oahu Wing there is a young guy at the door you hand your key too and when you come back you just tell him the room number and he gives you your keys and up to the room you go. They don't ask for any information from the girl when you go in and just ask her what room she left on her way out and they call you to make sure your balls are still attached. If you are in the main wing where the rest / bar is you just give your key to the front desk when you leave the building. Housekeeping also uses your key that you leave at the front desk or with the door guy to get into your room to clean. I am already well aquainted with the girls from Russia. I spent some time there at the embassy in Moscow when I was in the Marines. I go back every couple years and visit some friends. Have a good trip wherever you go.Thanks seems a good situation for safety.

I hate when they rob my nuts ihihih.

Hi there.

IT

Ekspat
07-22-12, 14:06
Devera could get popular and the rates will go up. Right now it is nice and new.I guess it is already popular and prices have gone up recently. The rate for my preferred room is now roughly 20% higher than in May. Most likely for other rooms as well.

But still good prices for a new modern hotel and the convenient location IMO.

AfAsia
07-23-12, 21:24
Arrived on a Sunday, believing traffic would be light from Manila. Wrong! It was heaving with rain. I alighted at Wild Orchard, intending to stay 3 nights. I stayed one night, booked out at sparrow fart, not before nuking a freelancer starfish. Had a job getting her to go, she being quite talented in the 'cling on' department. I guess she wanted to knock about the hotel pool and bar area, which I admit is rather pleasant. The food is fairly good given the standard of food in AC. Hell Gentlemen! How do you all survive on the sub par food in AC? So busy mongering you don't notice the rippoff tastelessness.

Rate of 4200p per night with 5% discount for cash payment. Rooms are huge and rather bland. A tip. Get all the 'Goodies' out of sight, or else She is going to help herself. I was fairly happy to move on to the older Orchid Inn Resort.

AfAsia
07-23-12, 21:57
Located several hundred yards from Wild Orchard Resort in A. Santos st, just a short walk. On my way I witnessed the most ridiculous sight, early morning, of monger chasing his Pinay around in circles before a crowd of local onlookers. What fools some make of themselves. The spectacle was not worth watching I kept walking onward to Orchid Inn Resort.

Reception put me in one of the front rooms close to the road. I stayed one night in this particular room then insisted they move me to a quieter, worthy room, which they did. Windowless room, hardly noticed, afterall I'm only resting or doing sport most of the time. Put all the 'GOODIES' out of sight. Smallish bed for this Rugby player, but I suppose it makes it cosy for you and the girl. The bed took strain. Rooms are fairly small. They have a Showroom out front of reception which is larger according to my judgement. Never mind.

Stayed at Orchid Inn for 8 nights, most pleasant, with daily use of the pool for excersize. The Orchid is well located, I shall stay here in future and comes recommended by Yours Truly.

On Raymond st you have most of your freelancers operating and the location of Phillies bar is an excellent pickup spot for freelancers of whom I prefer over bargirls and the proverbial barfine.

BrainDrain
07-29-12, 22:48
Hi, Just to be sure when I read in the forum about Angeles Beach Club is that the same place as ABC Hotel?

I have my first trip to Angeles soon and just want to be sure.

Tiger 888
07-31-12, 04:56
Has anyone stayed in the Tune Hotel? There are so many positive reviews on Tripadvisor.

Mc Don
07-31-12, 07:16
Hi, Just to be sure when I read in the forum about Angeles Beach Club is that the same place as ABC Hotel?

I have my first trip to Angeles soon and just want to be sure.Yes, same place

Mc Don
07-31-12, 07:18
Has anyone stayed in the Tune Hotel? There are so many positive reviews on Tripadvisor.Its not a mongering hotel. I have stayed in few tunes (not in AC) and I can tell you rooms are small, beds are small and you end up paying from everything like aricon extra. Not bad if you have to crash for few hours but it would be pain in the ass to stay longer. You are also far from Fields so keep that in mind if you intend to play on fields.

Tiger 888
08-04-12, 01:38
I guess it is already popular and prices have gone up recently. The rate for my preferred room is now roughly 20% higher than in May. Most likely for other rooms as well.

But still good prices for a new modern hotel and the convenient location IMO.What about the construction noise there? They say they do build on the 8th floor.

Fast Eddie 48
08-04-12, 06:08
What about the construction noise there? They say they do build on the 8th floor.To Tiger

I stay at Devera in May during the construction on the 5th floor didn't hear any nosie, all construction should be done by now not sure about the resturant and the pool on the roof top just email them and get an update.

Fast Eddie 48

Ekspat
08-04-12, 10:27
What about the construction noise there? They say they do build on the 8th floor.They do. It was noisy at daytime, but for me still okay, not too bad. At night of course no construction ongoing.

Lopkx
08-05-12, 03:09

I have my first trip to Angeles soon and just want to be sure.Yes it is the same.

Teamsatan
08-12-12, 13:43
Also stayed at the Orchid inn. Jasmine wing down the back.

Reccomend the 1st or 2nd floors. Ground floor was a bit stifling for me.

Found the rooms a little run down but still clean.

The maid alocated to each floor was fine.

Some rooms receive wifi better than others.

Front desk were efficient although a smile wouldn't kill them.

Security was really good. Call when girl leaves. Call if girl arrives without invitation.

The cantina was ok. Being my first trip and first hotel in the phils, I thought the service and food were ordinary.

But after travelling a bit the realisation is that all food and service in the phils is ordinary.

So the Orchid inn is about average. Someone could teach the waitresses to smile and maybe act like they remember you after a few days. Really I spent 8 nights there every breakfast there and yet everyday was like I just landed. Zero recognition. Maybe I am not handsome enough?

The pool is great.

ATM in the hotel.

Money changed at the hotel.

Pool table.

Sure it has some small problems but the owner has done a pretty good job with this hotel.

I will be happy to go back there again.

Docwiltro
08-16-12, 10:34

I have my first trip to Angeles soon and just want to be sure.As others have said, it is one in the same. IMO, it is the best hotel in Angeles if you can afford a buck-fifty a night for hotel accommodations. I don't stay there because of the expense, but I always stop in for the lunch buffet and later, for a few drinks at the roof-top lounge. Recently, they added a new addition, all suites: the top notch place to hang your hat in Angeles. The only other hotel I'd put on the same level is the Wild Orchid, but ABC is a class operation all the way. Check out the pool parties, the best ones in Angeles City.

http://youtu.be/WgmkbbCWQAU

GoodEnough
08-16-12, 15:51
As others have said, it is one in the same. IMO, it is the best hotel in Angeles if you can afford a buck-fifty a night for hotel accommodations. I don't stay there because of the expense, but I always stop in for the lunch buffet and later, for a few drinks at the roof-top lounge. Recently, they added a new addition, all suites: the top notch place to hang your hat in Angeles. The only other hotel I'd put on the same level is the Wild Orchid, but ABC is a class operation all the way. Check out the pool parties, the best ones in Angeles City.

http://youtu.be/WgmkbbCWQAUI've stayed there twice recently and I agree completely. The place is wonderfully ostentatious, a little outré and lots of fun.

Manfield04
08-16-12, 17:19
Hello Teamsatan,

I have booked a Deluxe Room at Orchid Inn at PHP 2650 a night for 6 nights but after reading your report I'm a bit discouraged to go there. I had thought it to be a good hotel! Don't know what to do?

Also stayed at the Orchid inn. Jasmine wing down the back. Reccomend the 1st or 2nd floors. Ground floor was a bit stifling for me.

Found the rooms a little run down but still clean. The maid alocated to each floor was fine. I will be happy to go back there again.

MadisonGuy
08-16-12, 17:24
If you want an american feeling hotel Lewis Grand hotel is the place to go. They have awesome food, to me it was way above ABC. Personally I couldn't take more than one night at ABC, it was too scummy. It had a moldy stench and I had a lot of problems with things breaking, I stayed in the newer rooms. The front desk girls and door guys were awesome other than that it was a disaster. If you go for a GFE experience I don't think it can be had in this place.

Member #4698
08-16-12, 19:02
I have stayed at ABC and Lewis. They are both very good. Both hotels are extremely GF, duh. Here is my comparison valuation:

ABC is a shorter walk to Fields. ABC has pool girls for EWR (a big plus). ABC has the bordello decor. ABC rooms are a tad bigger with couches and all bathrooms have separate Jacuzzis (a plus).

Lewis Grand has normal western decor airy rooms. The Lewis is cheaper. The Lewis restaurant is much better (a plus). The Lewis pool is much, much, much better because the pool is 3 or 4 times larger than ABC's pool and in the sun most of the day. (A shading option is provided for every lounge chair.) In addition the Lewis pool patio surrounding the pool is 10x larger than at ABC. So all in all the pool is a big plus for the Lewis. You are more likely to encounter normal guests at the Lewis, which is anthropologically interesting but otherwise not a big deal for me.

I am coming back to AC in February. I already booked the Lewis Grand. The pool and the restaurant won me over. I will miss the ABC pool girls and walk a little further to the action.

Escort Fan
08-16-12, 21:00
(.) Both hotels are extremely GF, duh. (.)Is there such thing as a non GF hotel? Just curious if a AC hotel owner has lost his sanity.

AfAsia
08-17-12, 07:48
Hello Teamsatan,

I have booked a Deluxe Room at Orchid Inn at PHP 2650 a night for 6 nights but after reading your report I'm a bit discouraged to go there. I had thought it to be a good hotel! Don't know what to do?Don't get discouraged, you reading too much into your stay. I spent 8 nights at Orchid Inn, standard room, and I intend to do so in future. Location is ideal.

Key Master
08-17-12, 08:46
Hello Teamsatan,

I have booked a Deluxe Room at Orchid Inn at PHP 2650 a night for 6 nights but after reading your report I'm a bit discouraged to go there. I had thought it to be a good hotel! Don't know what to do?Did you put a deposit down? If not, you can probably just cancel it if you want to. The other thing is, if you get there and don't like it, and it's not a crazy time when the place is really busy, it's not likely you'll have a problem changing to another hotel. Lots of people are constantly changing their plans when they are there.

WestCoast1
08-17-12, 14:39
Is there such thing as a non GF hotel? Just curious if a AC hotel owner has lost his sanity.I don't think there is any such thing as a non-gf-ly hotel in AC. The whole place seems designed to bring girls into your hotel.

WestCoast1
08-17-12, 14:41
Hello Teamsatan,

I have booked a Deluxe Room at Orchid Inn at PHP 2650 a night for 6 nights but after reading your report I'm a bit discouraged to go there. I had thought it to be a good hotel! Don't know what to do?Most hotels offer a discount for cash. Don't pay for the whole stay with a CC on your first day (you may have trouble getting a refund if you xfer hotels in the middle of your stay). Offer to pay daily.

Mc Don
08-17-12, 15:22
I have stayed at ABC and Lewis. They are both very good. Both hotels are extremely GF, duh. Here is my comparison valuation:

ABC is a shorter walk to Fields. ABC has pool girls for EWR (a big plus). ABC has the bordello decor. ABC rooms are a tad bigger with couches and all bathrooms have separate Jacuzzis (a plus).

Lewis Grand has normal western decor airy rooms. The Lewis is cheaper. The Lewis restaurant is much better (a plus). The Lewis pool is much, much, much better because the pool is 3 or 4 times larger than ABC's pool and in the sun most of the day. (A shading option is provided for every lounge chair.) In addition the Lewis pool patio surrounding the pool is 10x larger than at ABC. So all in all the pool is a big plus for the Lewis. You are more likely to encounter normal guests at the Lewis, which is anthropologically interesting but otherwise not a big deal for me.

I am coming back to AC in February. I already booked the Lewis Grand. The pool and the restaurant won me over. I will miss the ABC pool girls and walk a little further to the action.You haven't been in the last year or so. The pool is extended and it has a build in bar / restaurant on the other side. It also has a secret room for fucking and few other things. ABC's pool is much much better then LGH unless you need the pool for swimming. As you said with the pool bar girls the atmosphere is also much better around ABC then LGH. As for the sun you are right but do you really need it and want it? Its worm enough even in the shade infect I prefer the shade that ABC has.

As for the restaurant hm, I find LGH resto little better then the SM mall restaurants but thats about it. Its cheaper the ABC and has more choice but other then the Filipino food (I would say best Filipino dishes in AC) the rest is mediocre at best. Best thing about the resto is the fact that they have an indoor area as well which at times when its too hot or a raining hard is useful. The food overall is good but nowhere near as good as ABC. ABC has lot less choice, lot smaller menu which can get boring and stail if you stay there for a week or more and you only eat in the hotel but the food is great. Also Variasia (the new resto) is a good addition if you enjoy asian food. ABC restaurants are much more expensive then LGH but they also have deals like a 3 course meal for 500p which is great value and better option at least for me as I sleep in and combine breakfast and lunch into one LOL.

What wins it for me is ABC's car service and the BED. I can use and abuse the car service as much as I like for free and there is plenty of them around. Trips to the malls, to GF's place to anywhere within AC are free. Same with airport pick up and drop offs to Clark.

Ahhh the BED. Capitals on purpose. Building 2 bed is best bed for fucking that I have ever experienced. I love it so much that I now have one in Aus. You just have to try it to understand what I am talking about. The new building has the most comfortable beds for sleeping but I still prefer the old beds. LGH has bigger beds (they can both handle 4-5 girls LOL) but not the same. Don't get me wrong they are both GREAT but I prefer ABC.

I can understand guys wanting a normal hotel and yeah the bordello decor is not for everyone. At the end of the day the way I see it I spend 5-6 months a year in normal 4 – 5 stars hotels like LGH so when in AC I want something different.

Manfield04
08-17-12, 16:04
Thanks for the sensible advice. I haven't paid yet but I have been informed that my booking is confirmed. I may follow your advice to pay daily. Thanks again.

Most hotels offer a discount for cash. Don't pay for the whole stay with a CC on your first day (you may have trouble getting a refund if you xfer hotels in the middle of your stay). Offer to pay daily.

Manfield04
08-17-12, 16:08
I haven't deposited anything yet as I was not asked. However, they have informed me that my booking is confirmed. I'll follow your advice and those of Westcoast and Noddy. Thanks.

Did you put a deposit down? If not, you can probably just cancel it if you want to. The other thing is, if you get there and don't like it, and it's not a crazy time when the place is really busy, it's not likely you'll have a problem changing to another hotel. Lots of people are constantly changing their plans when they are there.

BrainDrain
08-17-12, 23:37
ABC is a shorter walk to Fields. ABC has pool girls for EWR (a big plus). ABC has the bordello decor. ABC rooms are a tad bigger with couches and all bathrooms have separate Jacuzzis (a plus)I know it will be obvious, What does EWR stand for?

Am looking forward to a ABC Hotel pool party. Hopefully there will be one when I am there. The hotel's Events page is out of date.

Mc Don
08-18-12, 06:46
I know it will be obvious, What does EWR stand for?

Am looking forward to a ABC Hotel pool party. Hopefully there will be one when I am there. The hotel's Events page is out of date.EWR. Early work release aka bar fine. Pool parties are around the same time every year. Have a look at the events page and you will a pattern. They do them just before the drain the pool. The thing is you can have your own pool party, just pick up a girl or two and tell them to invite their friends the following the day. You will be surprised how many friends will show up and how quick the whole thing can get out of control but still lots of fun

Wicked Roger
08-18-12, 11:56
Am looking forward to a ABC Hotel pool party. Hopefully there will be one when I am there. The hotel's Events page is out of date.Last ABC pool party to my knowledge was 8 June. Just one of very few 'cultural' events in AC

Mc Don
08-18-12, 14:25
Last ABC pool party to my knowledge was 8 June. Just one of very few 'cultural' events in AC8 July WR. There is one always around indenpendence day 4of July which is the best one. Other times from memory are around end of October October and early March.

KyCuriosity
08-19-12, 14:40
How is Hana Hotel nowadays? I've never stayed there but as a budget traveler I can't stay at the LG this year. I've gotten bedbug bites every time I've stayed at Walkabout. It's been about 2 years since I've visited AC and I was hoping to visit in 4-5 months. Any word on the value of Hana Hotel? Basically am I going to lose a finger to a massive bug or my feet rot off by walking barefoot on the floor?

Fast Eddie 48
08-20-12, 00:12
I just check Devera hotel for end of OCT they still offer promotion discount you can book a JR Standard room for as low as 1200 p a night. The room is very small but have inroom safe, large flat screen tv and frig.

Fast Eddie 48

Teamsatan
08-20-12, 16:36
Hello Teamsatan,

I have booked a Deluxe Room at Orchid Inn at PHP 2650 a night for 6 nights but after reading your report I'm a bit discouraged to go there. I had thought it to be a good hotel! Don't know what to do?Hotels are like women. Everyone has different tastes.

Sure the OI is a little rough around the edges but it just has a nice "feel".

Try it you may love it.

Sammon
08-20-12, 17:51
I just check Devera hotel for end of OCT they still offer promotion discount you can book a JR Standard room for as low as 1200 p a night. The room is very small but have inroom safe, large flat screen tv and frig.

Fast Eddie 48I think it is better to book slightly bigger room for promotional price of 1500 pesos. Still the room feels small compared to superior room at Royal amsterdam at 2200 pesos.

Fast Eddie 48
08-20-12, 23:43
I think it is better to book slightly bigger room for promotional price of 1500 pesos. Still the room feels small compared to superior room at Royal amsterdam at 2200 pesos.To Sammon,

The small room without window is not a big deal for me even the DLX room is not that much bigger, I just want a clean room with frig and inroom safe and a big bed enough for 3 some.

Fast Eddie 48

Sprite13
08-29-12, 04:14
I will be in AC in 2 weeks time and I'm very excited. After a quick read and search here, seems that the Devera is a good option for a first timer, not far from the action, not too expensive and quite comfortable if the pictures on their website are real.

Quick question: I'll have an international flight to catch at 9am on a Wednesday morning form Manila. I'm thinking of partying the night in AC and leave AC around 5am straight to the international airport in MNL. How's traffic at that time? Is that enough time to make it on time for an international flight? Is that enough time or should I play it safe and spend the night in Manila? I'd rather stay in AC than MNL to be honest. Thoughts / suggestions guys?

Much appreciated.

Ekspat
08-29-12, 05:12
Thoughts / suggestions guys?The traffic from AC till EDSA North should be okay at 5am. Then it depends on the weather IMO. If it's dry you are safe but in case of a heavy downpour across Manila your flight is most likely gone.

My 2 Sen.

WestCoast1
08-29-12, 07:10
I will be in AC in 2 weeks time and I'm very excited. After a quick read and search here, seems that the Devera is a good option for a first timer, not far from the action, not too expensive and quite comfortable if the pictures on their website are real.

Quick question: I'll have an international flight to catch at 9am on a Wednesday morning form Manila. I'm thinking of partying the night in AC and leave AC around 5am straight to the international airport in MNL. How's traffic at that time? Is that enough time to make it on time for an international flight? Is that enough time or should I play it safe and spend the night in Manila? I'd rather stay in AC than MNL to be honest. Thoughts / suggestions guys?

Much appreciated.Spend the night in Manila. You will want to be at the airport a good 2-3 hours prior to an international flight. Checkin at the counter can sometimes take an hour alone, much less going thru outbound immigration and x-ray security. I'd rather be at the airport by 6am (not 7am) , which means departing your Manila hotel by 5:30, or your AC hotel by 4:30am, just to make sure. Also I assume you are taking the AC hotel private car directly from the hotel to the Manila airport. If you take the bus, it makes multiple stops at other hotels for pickup, stops along the highway for a [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140)-break, and stops in front of Swagman hotel in Malate, where you have to then x-fer to a taxi to the airport. Hate to see you miss an int'l flight (for weather or other reasons) , and get hit with a large ticket-change fee, just for one more night in AC. You can get a ST Havana Cafe or MBC girl in Manila for your last night. Bahala ka.

Wicked Roger
08-29-12, 10:14

Much appreciated.Sprite.

Take and follow WC's advice.

I have made the trip from AC to Manila at 1am and it still took me 2 hours to Cubao (in a private taxi) and this was not a wet day or a weekend! Just that there is always a problem on the roads in this country and as you get closer to the airport the poor road system just casuss more grief and trafic jams.

This is not Singapore, Thailand or HK this is the Philippines which is backward in its infrastructure. Pattaya to the international airport in Bangkok was 70 minutes the other day and I think not much difference in milage (?). So nice being on fast good roads and we were not travelling very quickly.

The airport is messy (and that is being nice) and WC is correct, it can take a long time to process. Murphy's Law says if you are in a hurry things will happen to slow you down and you could miss the flight.

So go to Manila the night before and party instead

X Man
08-29-12, 12:45
It has a pool, but if you don't like LG, you won't like Hana.

How is Hana Hotel nowadays? I've never stayed there but as a budget traveler I can't stay at the LG this year. I've gotten bedbug bites every time I've stayed at Walkabout. It's been about 2 years since I've visited AC and I was hoping to visit in 4-5 months. Any word on the value of Hana Hotel? Basically am I going to lose a finger to a massive bug or my feet rot off by walking barefoot on the floor?

Sprite13
08-30-12, 04:07
Thank you guys for the very informative feedback. Very much appreciated. Looks like the soundest option would be to spend the night in Manila and that's what I'll be doing.

If anyone's in AC between the 14 to the 18th of Sept, pm me and would love to go for drinks and hunting with experienced AC hands.

Cheers guys.

BrainDrain
08-31-12, 11:01
What an excellent hotel for enjoying a stay in Angeles. Certainly not cheap but how good is the service.

It it gaudy and ostentacious. Yep.

24 hour Free porn channels can be flicked on and seem to be enjoyed by the ladies. When you consider western hotels charge equivalent of P800 for inroom porn, in AC it's free as P800 gets you a living breathing pornstar in your room.

On nites when I had multiple ladies the room can be serviced in twenty minutes. Clean sheets, clean towels, new toiletries, emptied bins. On one nite I did notice one of my earlier condoms was still in a bin. Ooops nearly came unstuck on that one.

I didn't try the resto.

In room bed was nice. Dedicated wi-fi in each room is good.

The driver service is also good. I utlised that for my longer trips. So free delivery in / around town.

The place was a full house the nights I was there. Must be doing something right.

Fortunately I'm only here for a short time so I enjoyed it.

Dg1980
08-31-12, 11:59
Hey fellas!

I currently have reservations at PB and infinity. I need to choose one and release the other.

So far I have had some good reviews for both. PB has pool and airport pickup which I'd say give an advantage, but Infinity has nicer rooms and cheaper rate.

Anyone have any insight which may help tip the scale one way or another?

Dg1980

X Man
09-01-12, 02:18
I gave a short reply earlier because I didn't have much time. I stayed there only once. I looked at a regular room and it wasn't acceptable. I don't remember why. Maybe no window. But I did stay in their "family" unit. It was huge and had extra beds. Not really necessary, but I didn't like the smaller rooms. I think the pool is the only reason you might want to stay there.

Sky Ryder
09-04-12, 07:29
I decided to stay at the Devera this trip and was glad I did. I still like the Breeze and Amsterdam location, but the Devera has good rates, it is a clean, new hotel and the staff is friendly.

I will use it again, if I decide not to stay in the middle of everything on Fields.

Thanks for the info from the guys that posted first about this hotel.

I paid 2250 for an nice room and they charged me 5200p pesos for the round trip transport to NAIA in Manila, well worth for the time savings, plus I had really difficult flight times for public transport.

Manfield04
09-11-12, 03:22
This is my first trip to Angeles City and I have booked a Deluxe Room at PHP 1850 per day at Phoenix Hotel.

Can anyone advise me if this is a good deal? Is the hotel as good as it used to be?

Thank you.

GosiwonBusan
09-11-12, 08:54
De Vera Hotel is talked about a lot on this forum, so I booked up and am staying there now. *

Firstly this is my second trip to AC. Last time I had a few nights at Pacific Breeze right in Fields (walking street) and a few at ABC (a ten minute walk from the end of Fields). At PB I had the cheapest room and at ABC I choose the cheapest option. *

I am staying in the DeVera Jr ex room (2100 a night). *

The DeVera looks new and everything is clean and in great condition. So why the report? *TV has about 20 poor TV channels, only 1 has music (mostly Korean-I live in Korea so it's ok for me) , no porn. If its your first time to AC you would be surprised at how many girls watch the porn channel, or at DeVera look for it. *

The shower. It is a pipe from the ceiling into a square shower head, not moveable at all. Inconvenient for both me and the girl. The shower is a big reason why I won't return to DeVera. 1 tiny bar of soap is an inconvenience, had to go to the store to buy, not expensive, but I would have expected it to be standard. **

I had an afternoon girl and then an over night sweetheart. The room comes with only 2 towels. I asked at reception for another, and the lady said it was 50 paso. I don't care about the cost, but she made a massive deal out of it. At ABC there are more towels in the room than you can use. *

Now you can tell me that some people staying at the hotel are not sex tourists, and I would take your word for it, but most of us are here to fuck hard and often. The problem is that my room is on the second floor and I can constantly hear beds moving on the floor. I can almost distinguish the sound of different rooms, as 1 stops another starts. Other than this the place is perfectly silent. I never hear other people or traffic, just beds squeaking on the floor. Not to sure how to suggest to the owner to put carpet under the feet. *

Overall. For about the same money, if you ignore the shower DeVera is in a whole other class to PB, and the difference in price between DeVera and ABC is massive, maybe double, depending on the room you choose. The main pro of ABC, was the bathroom is a great place to play in. Massive counter, bath, huge shower. *

I guess we all look for different things in a hotel. Do note the difference between DeVera and ABC is the cost of a bar fine!

KyCuriosity
09-11-12, 17:48
Can anyone else confirm that the Central Park hotel is getting demolished? I just saw a picture on the Margarita Station website.

King Squared
09-13-12, 02:49
Can anyone else confirm that the Central Park hotel is getting demolished? I just saw a picture on the Margarita Station website.I was just in AC. I noticed that it was closed. I emailed them and they said they are renovating the hotel and it would take at least 6 months. Too bad. Central Park was my go to hotel in AC.

King Squared
09-13-12, 02:58
Hey fellas!

I currently have reservations at PB and infinity. I need to choose one and release the other.

So far I have had some good reviews for both. PB has pool and airport pickup which I'd say give an advantage, but Infinity has nicer rooms and cheaper rate.

Anyone have any insight which may help tip the scale one way or another?

Dg1980I just stayed at the Infinity Hotel and I can recommend it. The hotel is pretty new I think. It's located above the Paradise Beer Garden. There are only 4 rooms, all located on the 2nd floor (above the bar). The bar wasn't open when I was there so I don't know if it is noisy when the bar is open. Everything in the room was in pretty good condition. I was in the economy room but it was still pretty big. There was room for a table with 2 stools and a love seat sofa. The air-conditioner is pretty new and there is a sound system for the tv. Some rooms are bigger than others but right now all the rooms are 1500 pesos. The only thing to note is there are no windows in the rooms. Also there's only a small staff working there and no one was able to provide me with the correct password for the wifi. I would consider staying there again because 1500 pesos is a great value for what you get.

Fast Eddie 48
09-13-12, 22:08
I was just in AC. I noticed that it was closed. I emailed them and they said they are renovating the hotel and it would take at least 6 months. Too bad. Central Park was my go to hotel in AC.To King,

Yes they are rebuliding a bigger hotel I heard 4 floor may rename to Pacific Breeze new hotel price will go up, I think it will take more than 6 month.

Fast Eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48
09-13-12, 22:35
De Vera Hotel is talked about a lot on this forum, so I booked up and am staying there now. *

Firstly this is my second trip to AC. Last time I had a few nights at Pacific Breeze right in Fields (walking street) and a few at ABC (a ten minute walk from the end of Fields). At PB I had the cheapest room and at ABC I choose the cheapest option. *

I am staying in the DeVera Jr ex room (2100 a night). *

The DeVera looks new and everything is clean and in great condition. So why the report? *TV has about 20 poor TV channels, only 1 has music...To Gosiwon,

I didn't paid extra for towel I call front desk have maid bring extra towel no problem tipping is and option, yes some people don't like the rain shower you cannot made adjustment.

Fast Eddie 48

Sky Ryder
09-20-12, 09:54
FYI,

I stayed at the Devera again this past weekend. I like the location and the staff, but want to point out a few issues. There another hotel being constructed next door and the work starts about 9:00 am and you CAN hear it. Also the floors are all marble and with concrete walls, anything that is said in the hallway is magnified. This is a bit of a pet peve with me, I wish that people would "think" a little before having long conversations with their buddies or the girls in the hall. Yes I can hear.

I don't expect anything to change, but feel better for venting. LOL.

Still a good hotel!

Llantarnam
09-21-12, 21:29
I'm trying to sort out accommodation for my trip after Christmas.

Would like to stay near the action (ABC?) , but was wondering how noisy it gets. I have looked through lots of reports on Trip Advisor and nobody appears to complain about noise, but I assume all the people wandering up and down Fields must cause a racket.

BrainDrain
09-21-12, 21:50

Would like to stay near the action (ABC?) , but was wondering how noisy it gets. I have looked through lots of reports on Trip Advisor and nobody appears to complain about noise, but I assume all the people wandering up and down Fields must cause a racket.I stayed at ABC and can recommend it. The noise is not an issue. Most (all) of the rooms are already back from the streets with the rooms opening onto the inner sanctum of mongering heaven.

I didn't feel crowded on the street in AC. While it is busy with plenty of people it isn't crowded like Shanghai train stations.

X Man
09-22-12, 10:58
THe noisiest room I ever had was a front room at America hotel. The noise was from the trikes. I doubt you would have problems at the ABC.

Would like to stay near the action (ABC?) , but was wondering how noisy it gets. I have looked through lots of reports on Trip Advisor and nobody appears to complain about noise, but I assume all the people wandering up and down Fields must cause a racket.

Llantarnam
09-22-12, 11:40
I stayed at ABC and can recommend it. The noise is not an issue. Most (all) of the rooms are already back from the streets with the rooms opening onto the inner sanctum of mongering heaven.

I didn't feel crowded on the street in AC. While it is busy with plenty of people it isn't crowded like Shanghai train stations.Thanks for the ffedback.

There look to be lots of decent hotels around Fields at reasonable prices. I know ABC is more expensive than most, but it is still good value when you conside what you can pay in some other Asian cities (I'm a frequent visitor to Singapore). I'm not going until March so I guess there is plenty of time to look around, but ABC is definately in pole position.

WhatsUrName
09-22-12, 12:53
Guys,

I was in AC in the first part of September. I stayed at the Orchid Inn Resort. The location for the Orchid Inn Resort is ideal. Pretty close to everything. The rooms have free wi-fi and in-room safe. I had the superior deluxe room at 2750 PP per night.

At first I hated that hotel due to the noise. Everything from all day heavy construction to loud motorcycles to horns and a funeral party next door were driving me bat shit. I had them move me to a room in the far back, and it was much quieter.

I would consider Orchid Inn Resort again for future visits to AC. However, I would probably be open to trying something else if the value is there.

Pip Jaeger
09-22-12, 17:26

Would like to stay near the action (ABC?) , but was wondering how noisy it gets.I stayed at the ABC for just over a week when I returned from Cebu. Even though my room faced Fields (PM Suite, new tower, one of those with the circular balconies overlooking Fields) it was very quiet; the street noise was barely detectable. You also may want to check out the Lewis Grand, although it's not square in the center of the action, it's still quite convenient and also very quiet; especially the rooms that face the pool; no street noise at all.

Another consideration, both hotels offer a free shuttle service (but please remember to tip the drivers). Their min-vans come in handy if you've got 2, 3 or more girls in tow and, above all, if it's raining or even if the streets are wet and the numerous pot holes are still filled up with water.

Fast Eddie 48
09-22-12, 18:20
Guys,

I was in AC in the first part of September. I stayed at the Orchid Inn Resort. The location for the Orchid Inn Resort is ideal. Pretty close to everything. The rooms have free wi-fi and in-room safe. I had the superior deluxe room at 2750 PP per night.

At first I hated that hotel due to the noise. Everything from all day heavy construction to loud motorcycles to horns and a funeral party next door were driving me bat shit. I had them move me to a room in the far back, and it was much quieter.

I would consider Orchid Inn Resort again for future visits to AC. However, I would probably be open to trying something else if the value is there.To Whaturname.

Try the Devera hotel I stay in the 7th floor nice and quiet even there is bar on both side, but it is no easy to ger reservation they are full all the time.

Fast Eddie 48

Chchpunter
09-23-12, 01:17
Hi everybody,

Finally I am about to make my first trip to AC this November. I read about different hotels and have found the Wild orchid and the orchid inn which is a bit cheaper. Any advice on which hotel has the best pool parties? Can you bring girls from the parties directly to your room? Or are there any better hotels fpr mongering? Thanks for your advice,

Chchpunter

X Man
09-23-12, 11:23
LOL, this hotel used to be impossible to book. With all the new options available, it has become remotely possible! A few more reviews like this one and we will be back at the impossible realm. I have editted WUN's post because I'm a selfish bastrd and need to get a room in the December high season.

Guys,

I was in AC in the first part of September. I stayed at the (the place that shall not be mentioned). The location for the (the place that shall not be mentioned) is ideal. Pretty close to everything. The rooms have free wi-fi and in-room safe. I had the superior deluxe room at 2750 PP per night.

I would consider (the place that shall not be mentioned) again for future visits to AC. However, I would probably be open to trying something else if the value is there.

Fast Eddie 48
09-25-12, 21:44
Hi everybody,

Finally I am about to make my first trip to AC this November. I read about different hotels and have found the Wild orchid and the orchid inn which is a bit cheaper. Any advice on which hotel has the best pool parties? Can you bring girls from the parties directly to your room? Or are there any better hotels fpr mongering? Thanks for your advice,

ChchpunterChchpunter,

The wild Orchid is much better hotel newer and pool is larger is also twice as much than the old Orchid hotel, the pool at the Wild Orchid party is the best in AC, the pool party girl are avalible any thing is possible in AC if the price is right.

Fast Eddie 48

Mc Don
09-26-12, 16:35
Chchpunter,

The wild Orchid is much better hotel newer and pool is larger is also twice as much than the old Orchid hotel, the pool at the Wild Orchid party is the best in AC, the pool party girl are avalible any thing is possible in AC if the price is right.

Fast Eddie 48Best pool parties are at the ABC.

Llantarnam
09-26-12, 19:58
Best pool parties are at the ABC.I am staying at ABC for 4 nights after Christmas.

I have heard mention of pool girls and pool parties, but do not fully understand the process. Does this mean there will be freelance girls around the pool that you can pick up for afternoon action?

Fast Eddie 48
09-26-12, 22:25
Best pool parties are at the ABC.Mc Don,

I am sure you are right but never stay there before just been there for dinner for a 100 USD a night too much for me.

Fast Eddie 48

Mc Don
09-27-12, 15:35
Mc Don,

I am sure you are right but never stay there before just been there for dinner for a 100 USD a night too much for me.

Fast Eddie 48If you happen to be in town when they have a party you can attend even if you are not a guest. I think they charge 1000p but you get free grog so it works fine. Its up to you if you want to join in the pool, have a look on youtube you will find some videos and get an idea of what goes on there although the best bits are obviously edited.

Mc Don
09-27-12, 15:39
I am staying at ABC for 4 nights after Christmas.

I have heard mention of pool girls and pool parties, but do not fully understand the process. Does this mean there will be freelance girls around the pool that you can pick up for afternoon action?Pool bar girls are similar to the bar girls, you can hire one for 3000p. Most are local pampangan girls. The bar opens from around 10am until midnight. Girls are usually exclusive to ABC guests. You can put the bill on you room charge too and pay for the whole thing on the end.

If you are there for NY there is always a great party, I think last year it was on the helipad on top of the hotel. Worth checking out.

Llantarnam
09-27-12, 17:46
Pool bar girls are similar to the bar girls, you can hire one for 3000p. Most are local pampangan girls. The bar opens from around 10am until midnight. Girls are usually exclusive to ABC guests. You can put the bill on you room charge too and pay for the whole thing on the end.

If you are there for NY there is always a great party, I think last year it was on the helipad on top of the hotel. Worth checking out.Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not arriving until March, so will have to see what's on when I get there. The prospect of being able to charge it to your romm is a bit worrying. Could run up a terrible bill if you'are not carefull!

Kim53
09-27-12, 18:55
Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not arriving until March, so will have to see what's on when I get there. The prospect of being able to charge it to your romm is a bit worrying. Could run up a terrible bill if you'are not carefull!Spend and afternoon 7th Spetember at the ABC Pool Bar. Took my camera with me and girls wanted to be photographed.

Here's a few of the session they put up.

Mc Don
09-28-12, 10:00
Spend and afternoon 7th Spetember at the ABC Pool Bar. Took my camera with me and girls wanted to be photographed.

Here's a few of the session they put up.Nice pics. Strongly recommend the last one Analyn. As her name suggests. This one can be wild and likes it rough if you push the right buttons.

Dick Hertz
10-05-12, 16:33
I will be in AC at the end of the month and looking to stay at the Devera hotel but would like to know if they allow two girls in the room. The Pacific Breeze is where I normally stayed and never had a problem but it is booked.

Fast Eddie 48
10-05-12, 17:33
I will be in AC at the end of the month and looking to stay at the Devera hotel but would like to know if they allow two girls in the room. The Pacific Breeze is where I normally stayed and never had a problem but it is booked.To dick

Never check girl I'd I have bring in girl without problem not sure if they will charge for second girl, I am staying at royal Apartelle now I bring in 2 cousin that I meet at field late at night I only like on of the cousin but she is shy don't want to come back to the hotel alone so we agree on 1500 php on both until morning no problem at the front desk they take the girl I'd the room is large and the shower can fit 8 people is big most hotel is full is weekend and devera only have the Suite for 2800 php.

Fast Eddie 48

Kaukaukane
10-06-12, 02:03
I will be in AC at the end of the month and looking to stay at the Devera hotel but would like to know if they allow two girls in the room. The Pacific Breeze is where I normally stayed and never had a problem but it is booked.Yes, have had up to 4 in the room.

Dick Hertz
10-06-12, 02:51
Fast Eddie 48

The only reason I want to know about two girls is sometimes I take a cherry girl and her friend. The cherry girls in AC have great oral skills and the other girl must do it all. I never had a problem at PB or HRA and they never check for a I'd which I did not like but I never take anything I think is to young without checking myself. Thanks for your help.

Fast Eddie 48
10-07-12, 06:42
I try to book Devera and Orchid this weekend both are full only suite are avalible so I stay at Royal apartelle nice large room for 1498 peso friendly staff right next to Camelot

My favorite bar in AC, Devera have many korean customer now they don't even return email.

Fast Eddie 48

Literate Cad
10-10-12, 19:03
Going to Manila for the first time this weekend, and want to stop in Angeles for a few days. I wasn't expecting it to be busy (and haven't made any reservations) but it sounds like it will be pretty full. Should I expect it to be hard to find a room without a reservation? Any recommendations on where I should stay? If anyone is going to be there and wants to get a beer, I would love to meet a fellow monger. Shoot me a PM. Thanks in advance.

PS. How should I get from downtown Manila to Angeles? Was going to take a cab but is there a cheaper / easier way?

Ej2208
10-13-12, 09:47
I will be in AC in mid Nov for about 10 days. I am looking to stay at the Lewis Grand or the ABC for the 1st few days then move closer to fields to the Bourbon Street Condo. I see online the executive room at the Lewis Grand and the standard room at the ABC is around the same rate. Can anyone advise me which hotel has better rooms? I'm mainly looking for the most comfortable place to relax / recover from a night of mongering and partying.

Tally Wacker
10-13-12, 17:20
I will be in AC in mid Nov for about 10 days. I am looking to stay at the Lewis Grand or the ABC for the 1st few days then move closer to fields to the Bourbon Street Condo. I see online the executive room at the Lewis Grand and the standard room at the ABC is around the same rate. Can anyone advise me which hotel has better rooms? I'm mainly looking for the most comfortable place to relax / recover from a night of mongering and partying.LG is more of a resort style hotel and from what I have read ABC has a more Playboy feel to it. Both of those hotels are on the high end for AC so I'm sure you will get a good night rest at either one. LG also has a Special King room that is not advertised. There are only two of these rooms and the price is lower but the rooms usualy go quick.

Screaming Beaver
10-14-12, 04:04
I will be in AC in mid Nov for about 10 days. I am looking to stay at the Lewis Grand or the ABC for the 1st few days then move closer to fields to the Bourbon Street Condo. I see online the executive room at the Lewis Grand and the standard room at the ABC is around the same rate. Can anyone advise me which hotel has better rooms? I'm mainly looking for the most comfortable place to relax / recover from a night of mongering and partying.ABC is in my opinion the better of the two hotels compared to the Lewis Grand. It's also closer to the main action on Fields. If it's your first time there, it's a no brainer. You will love it.

BrainDrain
10-14-12, 08:04
ABC is in my opinion the better of the two hotels compared to the Lewis Grand. It's also closer to the main action on Fields. If it's your first time there, it's a no brainer. You will love it.I've stayed at both places. ABS is in a league of its own. It is purpose built for mongers. The Lewis Grad when I was there was dead, no bar action, big open foyer, no style. The ABC always something happening.

As for moving closer, no real need. The ABC has a fleet of vans ready to take you and pick you up. I load their number into my phone and just text the concierge to come get me and my new girlfriends where ever I am.

Also, the LG charges for airport pickup. The ABC includes it. Small bucks I know. It is more that the ABC will look after you from the moment you arrive until you leave. Your ongering pleasure is in their hands, and they know how to please.

Book a deluxe suite with jacuzzi.

Member #4208
10-14-12, 08:43
ABC is in my opinion the better of the two hotels compared to the Lewis Grand. It's also closer to the main action on Fields. If it's your first time there, it's a no brainer. You will love it.The ABC ist the 1st choice in ac. If you can so book the new wing.

X Man
10-14-12, 14:54
Where is downtown Manila?

Going to Manila for the first time this weekend, and want to stop in Angeles for a few days. I wasn't expecting it to be busy (and haven't made any reservations) but it sounds like it will be pretty full. Should I expect it to be hard to find a room without a reservation? Any recommendations on where I should stay? If anyone is going to be there and wants to get a beer, I would love to meet a fellow monger. Shoot me a PM. Thanks in advance.

PS. How should I get from downtown Manila to Angeles? Was going to take a cab but is there a cheaper / easier way?

YG365
10-16-12, 04:12
I recommend you guys book your rooms at the popular hotels in Angeles Asap during high season! I just barely was able to get a room for my stay later on this year! Most of the hotels mentioned on this site that are popular are gone too.

Goodluck,

YG

Rubberyman
10-18-12, 04:38
I recommend you guys book your rooms at the popular hotels in Angeles Asap during high season! I just barely was able to get a room for my stay later on this year! Most of the hotels mentioned on this site that are popular are gone too.

Goodluck,

YGYep.

Just tried booking my usual hotel, and they had to have me shift half way through the five days I am in AC because they were pretty much full up.

Not to say that accommodation is tight, merely that you may not be able to get your first choice of hotels.

Fast Eddie 48
10-18-12, 19:00

PS. How should I get from downtown Manila to Angeles? Was going to take a cab but is there a cheaper / easier way?To Literate Cad.

For a Newbie like you that don't know your way around manila you should just take a taxi direct to you hotel in AC or take the fly by bus from Swagman or southcross both at ermita cost is only 600 peso.

Fast Eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48
10-18-12, 19:42

Goodluck,

YGTo YG.

I was in AC 2 week ago most hotel like Devera, Orchild and pacific breeze are all book full and I stay a few night at the royal apatelle next to the Camelot club very large room for 1498 peso anight big shower can fit more than 8 inside, AC need more hotel as more newbie monger are coming here and driving the damn price up.

Fast Eddie 48

BrainDrain
10-19-12, 08:49
Yep.

Just tried booking my usual hotel, and they had to have me shift half way through the five days I am in AC because they were pretty much full up.

Not to say that accommodation is tight, merely that you may not be able to get your first choice of hotels.Guys we do talk up a subset of the hotels in AC. Keeping an open mind, being flexible with rooms and travel dates all helps in getting the rooms we want.

YG365
10-19-12, 10:36
Yep.

Not to say that accommodation is tight, merely that you may not be able to get your first choice of hotels.Rubberyman,

If you're still up there in a week, hit me up and we can hang out.

YG

YG365
10-19-12, 10:40
To YG.

I was in AC 2 week ago most hotel like Devera, Orchild and pacific breeze are all book full and I stay a few night at the royal apatelle next to the Camelot club very large room for 1498 peso anight big shower can fit more than 8 inside, AC need more hotel as more newbie monger are coming here and driving the damn price up.

Fast Eddie 48Fast Eddie,

I hear ya! How was your time? I couldn't get nothing at all of those hotels but I lucked out with Lewis Grand for about $80 a night. I was even considering ABC for I believe $120 a night but one of my nights was already full and I'll take the savings!

YG

X Man
10-19-12, 11:12
A subset? Isn't that the point. To recommend the subset of good hotels? Most of us can't be flexible with dates. THe holidays do create hotel inconveniences as some people have explained.

Maybe BrnDrn feels the same. I have no idea, but there are a lot of interesting hotels that can create that unique experience. Walkabout, America, Hana and some of those places on the side streets are a few I've had the pleasure of enjoying.

Guys we do talk up a subset of the hotels in AC. Keeping an open mind, being flexible with rooms and travel dates all helps in getting the rooms we want.

Rubberyman
10-20-12, 00:05
Rubberyman,

If you're still up there in a week, hit me up and we can hang out.

YGApologies. I should have said (because it's important) that I was trying to book for mid November! If you are still there then though.

Fast Eddie 48
10-20-12, 15:44
Fast Eddie,

I hear ya! How was your time? I couldn't get nothing at all of those hotels but I lucked out with Lewis Grand for about $80 a night. I was even considering ABC for I believe $120 a night but one of my nights was already full and I'll take the savings!

YGTo YG365.

I have a much better time back in May like I said the attuide of the girl is getting worst and quality is lower than my last trip so I only stay 2 night and head to Subic bay and Manila have a better time there, you might want to check with Pacific breeze after you arrive they have cancelation all the time I walk in a few time and got lucky.

Fast Eddie 48

BrainDrain
10-22-12, 03:59
Maybe BrnDrn feels the same. I have no idea, but there are a lot of interesting hotels that can create that unique experience. Walkabout, America, Hana and some of those places on the side streets are a few I've had the pleasure of enjoying.The hotels that get regularly reported on in this forum are the culmination of many years of carious punters experiences. Using the forum means no need to hunt around for a hidden gem, as someone would have already found it.

Of all the hotels in Angeles, this Forum has defined a subset of the better establishments across the various budget points. So that a visiting punter can stay at one of the preferred hotels for their budget, they need to have flexibility of dates.

For instance, for a booking that I wanted at ABC I was told that they had no availability for my trip, a Monday. Monday stay. That was true but what they didn't say was that they could do Tuesday. Monday. I changed and made the preferred hotel Tuesday-Monday booking which was wonderful. I then booked an alternate hotel the first night.

I have found that Angeles (Philippines) hotel staff will answer the specific question and do not often offer alternative arrangements, have to eek those out of them.

All the best.

BD

Mc Don
10-23-12, 13:35
The hotels that get regularly reported on in this forum are the culmination of many years of carious punters experiences. Using the forum means no need to hunt around for a hidden gem, as someone would have already found it.

Of all the hotels in Angeles, this Forum has defined a subset of the better establishments across the various budget points. So that a visiting punter can stay at one of the preferred hotels for their budget, they need to have flexibility of dates.

For instance, for a booking that I wanted at ABC I was told that they had no availability for my trip, a Monday. Monday stay. That was true but what they didn't say was that they could do Tuesday. Monday. I changed and made the preferred hotel Tuesday-Monday booking which was wonderful. I then booked an alternate hotel the first night.

I have found that Angeles (Philippines) hotel staff will answer the specific question and do not often offer alternative arrangements, have to eek those out of them.

All the best.

BDVERY TRUE. You have to ask and be prepared at times to switch if you have a preference. 4 me this days I have 2-3 hotels I enjoy and if I can't a room in them then I don't skip AC or take a side trip for a day or two. Lucky the folks at ABC (my preferred choice) tend to almost always accommodate one way or another.

BrainDrain
10-29-12, 02:33
VERY TRUE. You have to ask and be prepared at times to switch if you have a preference. 4 me this days I have 2-3 hotels I enjoy and if I can't a room in them then I don't skip AC or take a side trip for a day or two. Lucky the folks at ABC (my preferred choice) tend to almost always accommodate one way or another.So Mc Don, are you on the frequent stayer package at ABC. I forget the benefits and the criteria. I think it is something offered to people whom have stayed 14 days at ABC.

Actually, just checked the web and found the benefits.

* Automatic room upgrade to the next room category (if available)

* 10 % discount at the restaurant.

* 10% discount at the pool bar.

* 10% discount at Love and Music bar (located along Fields Avenue)

* 10% discount at our in-house Spa.

* Priority wait list for room reservations.

Wonder if that is worth it.

Llantarnam
10-29-12, 20:51
So Mc Don, are you on the frequent stayer package at ABC. I forget the benefits and the criteria. I think it is something offered to people whom have stayed 14 days at ABC.

Wonder if that is worth it.But no discount on the inhouse working girls?

BrainDrain
10-31-12, 08:25
But no discount on the inhouse working girls?I recall that the price for the EWR for the ABC hotel girls is P3000. Is tax added to that on the bill?

As I don't work for the HSU, I'd also be happy to see this charge slip through on my account to my employer. Any ideas on how that charge is worded on the bill statement that they provide at checkout?

All the best.

BD

YG365
10-31-12, 08:30
Rating. 5 stars out of 5 in my book.

Rooms. Were large, clean and amazing.

Staffs. Great!

Pool. Amazing!

Restaurant. Food was average from American standards but if you compare it to other restaurants in the Philippines, I think it's good.

Bonus. TV channels were good with ESPN, HBO and Stars available. Wifi was also good, allowing you to connect multiple things to it. Restaurant and Room service available 24 hours.

Screaming Beaver
11-10-12, 01:59
Have you looked at the AC hotel thread? Pacific breeze is the most over recommended hotel. Which means it's hard to book. Good luck.Pacific Breeze is not only over recommended but it's also over rated. If you don't mind paying over $60 for a dark room, hard mattress, ants crawling everywhere, etc. Then that's your place. Yeah, I know they make you feel at home by remembering your name, big deal.

There's better product no more than a seven iron away from the PB for the same price.

Mc Don
11-10-12, 16:32
But no discount on the inhouse working girls?Get to know them, then you learn how you get ST for free or next to nothing from them

Mc Don
11-10-12, 16:46
So Mc Don, are you on the frequent stayer package at ABC. I forget the benefits and the criteria. I think it is something offered to people whom have stayed 14 days at ABC.

Wonder if that is worth it.That is the standard VIP package in a nut shell. Is it worth it, hm, you decide 4 yourself. I spend about 4-6mths a year in hotel rooms around the world so for me the bordelo style works as it is different to the typical business hotel elsewhere. Its also a home away from home for me. Every time I have downtime in Asia its the first place I go to. I know everyone by first name and they know me as well, they have looked after me in time of need (called in doctors etc) so yeah 4 me its worth it. Over the years I have also become friends with the owner, his son, the managers and bar owners and so on. I also have a bag of clothes and a collection of special uniforms that they keep for me there so I can always travel very light.

Mc Don
11-10-12, 16:49
I recall that the price for the EWR for the ABC hotel girls is P3000. Is tax added to that on the bill?

As I don't work for the HSU, I'd also be happy to see this charge slip through on my account to my employer. Any ideas on how that charge is worded on the bill statement that they provide at checkout?

All the best.

BDIts billed as TRAVEL EXPENSE or something else. Just let them know what you want it to say, they will do so. No tax applies, no VIP discount applies either.

MadisonGuy
11-10-12, 18:47

Rooms. Were large, clean and amazing.

Staffs. Great!

Pool. Amazing!

Restaurant. Food was average from American standards but if you compare it to other restaurants in the Philippines, I think it's good.

Bonus. TV channels were good with ESPN, HBO and Stars available. Wifi was also good, allowing you to connect multiple things to it. Restaurant and Room service available 24 hours.I could not agree more, I really hated ABC could not say enough bad about it. The mildew smell was enough to put me off, but things were broke in room and hard to figure out, it just had this really scummy feel to it. The staff was awesome other than that two thumbs down.

Riddler
11-13-12, 09:59
Just booked a room for 4 December / 6 nights in DM Residente (Think I stayed there a couple years ago). Saw on their website that massage is available and figure a rub and tug after the 24 hour travel session would be a good way to start my visit and preferable to a sleeping pill for my afternoon nap. Anybody know if their hotel-provided massage includes a long, slow HJ? Realize this is the city of provider angels but don't want to assume anything and be frustrated / disappointed.

BTW, rate is 950P / Night for JR Standard room per their website (

http://www.dmresidente.com.ph/hotel.php

) but they wanted me to send the $$ via Western Union. RIGHT. Booked via Agoda (couple bucks more at USD $25. 50 / Nt) and booking shows that's for 2 people. Wonder if they'll gaff me extra for multiples on those occasions when one is not enough? First person to correctly answer these two questions wins a free beer either in the above time frame or later in the month after my short excursion to Sagada, rice terraces and hot springs. Figure I'll need the break to replenish my supply of swimmers. Will probably buy a beer even for incorrect answers.

Fast Eddie 48
11-14-12, 01:58
Just booked a room for 4 December / 6 nights in DM Residente (Think I stayed there a couple years ago). Saw on their website that massage is available and figure a rub and tug after the 24 hour travel session would be a good way to start my visit and preferable to a sleeping pill for my afternoon nap. Anybody know if their hotel-provided massage includes a long, slow HJ? Realize this is the city of provider angels but don't want to assume anything and be frustrated / disappointed.

BTW, rate is 950P / Night for JR Standard room per their website (

http://www.dmresidente.com.ph/hotel.php

) but they wanted me to send the $$ via Western Union. RIGHT. Booked via Agoda (couple bucks more at USD $25. 50 / Nt) and booking shows that's for 2 people. Wonder if they'll gaff me extra for multiples on those occasions when one is not enough? First person to correctly answer these two questions wins a free beer either in the above time frame or later in the month after my short excursion to Sagada, rice terraces and hot springs. Figure I'll need the break to replenish my supply of swimmers. Will probably buy a beer even for incorrect answers.To Ridder

I check out this hotel 8 yr ago is was a dump back then and away from field not a good area to walk at night, the jr standard is very small is not thrill budget place there are many other hotel near field are much better spend a little more, if you must book this you should do it with Agoda don't like sending money with western union and why do you want just a HJ waste of time and swimmer when you can get BBBJ so cheap in AC go to santo st aka Blow row.

Fast Eddie 48

Riddler
11-14-12, 17:04
To Ridder

I check out this hotel 8 yr ago is was a dump back then and away from field not a good area to walk at night, the jr standard is very small is not thrill budget place there are many other hotel near field are much better spend a little more, if you must book this you should do it with Agoda don't like sending money with western union and why do you want just a HJ waste of time and swimmer when you can get BBBJ so cheap in AC go to santo st aka Blow row.

Fast Eddie 48You completely and succintly answered my questions re quality of hotel-provided massage / HJ and upcharge for +1 visitors. NOT! Nonetheless, you're a WINNER of the free beer offer. BTW, in my original post, I stated "Booked with Agoda" meaning that it's a done deal. (Booked is Past tense=completed action.) I am familiar with the location, no problems during my stay there 2 years ago.

Re your "Why HJ" comment. We all like different things and for me a good massage and HJ after a long flight is ideal. Familiar with BJ Row but not high on my list. Partook of services there but was alcohol fueled during a walking tour when I was carrying my own bottle of whiskey and washing it down with beers. Looking at my pic taken on BJ Row from 2 years ago, have an amplified understandng of the terms "Beer Goggles" and "Any port in a storm."

Riddler
12-09-12, 00:44
Received a PM for info on my stay here and want to share my impressions with the world or at least our limited world:

DM Residente is a P950 / NT roof over your head. Clean but have had to request room cleaning daily. Not the Hilton but has a good bed, hot water, working refrigerator and air-con that I seldom use. No window in the room but I'm in the room to sleep and hump, so is a positive for me. I'm in the annex bldg across street from reception, pool restaurant and have nearly absolute silence. Maintenance issues (blew bulb in bedside lamp, leak from sink drain) were fixed promptly. Convenient to Fields, though as one poster mentioned, late night walks might require one to have the personal radar set to "High Gain." I'm generally a daytime type, so has not been a problem. Would stay here again.

It Travel
12-10-12, 09:34
Hi mates!

I just wonder if thre is some kind of "sexy" hotel in AC.

I'm just meaning an hotel like the "in"famous Penthouse one in Pattaya, with mirrors, dance pools, etc. Etc.

Otherways a good tip for a suite with a big (three at least) jacuzzi?

Thanks.

IT

Ekspat
12-10-12, 12:44
Otherways a good tip for a suite with a big (three at least) jacuzzi?Lewis Grand Executive room with jacuzzi is good for you and 2 girls. I've stayed there many times. Confirmed.

Enjoy!

Member #4698
12-10-12, 16:43
Hi mates!

I just wonder if thre is some kind of "sexy" hotel in AC.

I'm just meaning an hotel like the "in"famous Penthouse one in Pattaya, with mirrors, dance pools, etc. Etc.Are You kidding? ABC puts the Penthouse to shame. ABC is THE bordello hotel in town. Lewis Grand is also very good, but not as "sexy".

Mongerman69
12-14-12, 22:48
Anyone ever stay there? Are they lady friendly?

Chris Long
12-23-12, 05:49
I'm coming to AC for the first time in Jan. And staying at the loretta_apartelle, is it guest friendly or will there be a fee for me to bring someone back to my room. Is this hotel in a good location and does it have wifi in the rooms.

Thanks.

Chris

Lakeside
12-25-12, 11:54
I have studied the forum but could not find any information on the acceptance of 2-3 girls joining me in a suite at ABC hotel Angeles. Are there any problems respectively do they check I'd's and register the girls?

X Man
12-26-12, 05:25
I've been at ISG for years and years and I've never heard of a hotel in AC that is not guest friendly. As for ABC, I can't imagine them discouraging a little orgy here or there. X

Mbsl65
12-26-12, 08:36
I had two girls with there. As long as they do have I'd and check-in with the front desk ABC will have no problem IMHO.

I have studied the forum but could not find any information on the acceptance of 2-3 girls joining me in a suite at ABC hotel Angeles. Are there any problems respectively do they check I'd's and register the girls?

Ekspat
12-26-12, 08:59
To make one thing clear, EVERY hotel in AC is girlfriendly. No exception! A hotel not girlfriendly would go bankrupt within days.

And there is no walk of shame, as long as you bring at least one girl. The only walk of shame would be if you get back at night alone.

Cheers!

Pip Jaeger
12-26-12, 17:14
I have studied the forum but could not find any information on the acceptance of 2-3 girls joining me in a suite at ABC hotel Angeles. Are there any problems respectively do they check I'd's and register the girls?When I arrived for breakfast on the morning of my 6th or 7th day at ABC with only one girl in tow, my regular waitress quipped about me NOT being with 3-4 girls. I told her the other girls were still upstairs sleeping. Gf#1, much to her credit, added that I had worn them out the night before so they won't be down till lunchtime. The waitress simply blushed and left to get our coffee, LOL.

ABC did not check any of any of the girls' identification cards, but they will not allow an unknown girl to simply go to your room un-escorted. I had a few girls coming and going, if the front desk did not recognize them then I had to go down to the lobby and walk the girls back upstairs. If they recognized them, then the front desk would still call, ask if I was expecting guests, ask their names (first names were sufficient) , and then of course ask if was ok for them to come up.

You do not need to register any "guests". But I did register one of the girls who stayed with me for a week. That was only to get an extra key card and to avoid any potential problems if she went wandering around on her own.

Streetlooker
12-26-12, 19:23
One time I was staying at Clarkton and the hotel clerk asked me when retrieving my room key. Why you have no girl tonight? I just said NEED SLEEP.

Fast Eddie 48
12-26-12, 22:59
One time I was staying at Clarkton and the hotel clerk asked me when retrieving my room key. Why you have no girl tonight? I just said NEED SLEEP.To Streetlooker

If you walk back to the hotel late at night without girl the Receptionist at paicific breeze or Deverra will ask you what the matter no girl tonight and my answer is night still young honey is only 11. Pm.

Fast Eddie 48

Fast Eddie 48
12-26-12, 23:07
I'm coming to AC for the first time in Jan. And staying at the loretta_apartelle, is it guest friendly or will there be a fee for me to bring someone back to my room. Is this hotel in a good location and does it have wifi in the rooms.

Thanks.

ChrisTo Chris,

I stay at the Royalle apartelle last month good locations is above the Camelot bar at field few door down form the Magaritaville, the room and shower are very larger but the Tv is small is a cheaper option at field not sure about your budget I like the Pacific breeze start at 48 USD and up.

Fast Eddie 48

Gtopppp
12-27-12, 15:27
Happy New Year, guys,

Safety is the first priority,

I wonder,

Is there any hotel that when the girls left, the guards will call to ask?

Or the girls can be always free to leave?

I have heard somebody's money was stolen by girls in Thailand.

Thanks for sharing information

Fast Eddie 48
12-27-12, 22:16
Happy New Year, guys,

Safety is the first priority,

I wonder,

Is there any hotel that when the girls left, the guards will call to ask?

Or the girls can be always free to leave?

I have heard somebody's money was stolen by girls in Thailand.

Thanks for sharing informationTo GT,

That is why you don't pick up any SW on Field only pick up girl at bar, if anything happen you can alway go back to the bar or report to police to go back to the bar to find the girl, I only have security guard in Manila to hold the girl I'd also in Thailand but none of the hotel in AC that I stay at check girl I'd but you can request the Security guard to do so.

Fast Eddie 48

X Man
12-28-12, 10:26
I was on my way to the Clark airport at 6am and I was surprised at all the activity on the main street. Even on Raymond, the short time bars were all lit up and girls hanging out as usual. If I had known, I might have gotten up 30min earlier and started the day off with a BJ. LOL.

To Streetlooker

If you walk back to the hotel late at night without girl the Receptionist at paicific breeze or Deverra will ask you what the matter no girl tonight and my answer is night still young honey is only 11. Pm.

Fast Eddie 48

FruitNinja
12-28-12, 14:54
To GT,

That is why you don't pick up any SW on Field only pick up girl at bar, if anything happen you can alway go back to the bar or report to police to go back to the bar to find the girl, I only have security guard in Manila to hold the girl I'd also in Thailand but none of the hotel in AC that I stay at check girl I'd but you can request the Security guard to do so.

Fast Eddie 48I've been told that the PB will not let a girl leave until the room renter says it's ok.

Simonhesays

Sky Ryder
12-28-12, 15:09
I've been told that the PB will not let a girl leave until the room renter says it's ok.

SimonhesaysThe Devera front desk will always call your room to make sure it is okay for your "guest" to leave.

Sammon
12-28-12, 16:36
To Chris,

I stay at the Royalle apartelle last month good locations is above the Camelot bar at field few door down form the Magaritaville, the room and shower are very larger but the Tv is small is a cheaper option at field not sure about your budget I like the Pacific breeze start at 48 USD and up.

Fast Eddie 48I have stayed at Royal apartelle few times. Sometimes I had booked at Royal Amsterdam and for some reason they did not have the room and booked me at royal apartelle.

I believe I paid around 1300 pesos per night. It has large room, big shower bathroom, computer desk and wi fi cable. There is a big mirror on the wall next to the bed and some girls get a kick out of it watching their fuck sessions.

Big bed but not very comfortable. Flimsy sheets and bedspreads. Wall A / see unit not good and noisy. Lots of noise from outside because it is surrounded by many bars. Spiral staircase to get upstairs is a killer if you had one too many drinks. One time a drunk girl almost broke her neck if I did not held her tightly.

Riddler
12-29-12, 05:14
The Devera front desk will always call your room to make sure it is okay for your "guest" to leave.Also received calls asking if it was OK for visitors to come up to my room. Generally received a call to leave but they missed a couple times.

Fast Eddie 48
12-31-12, 01:18
I have stayed at Royal apartelle few times. Sometimes I had booked at Royal Amsterdam and for some reason they did not have the room and booked me at royal apartelle.

I believe I paid around 1300 pesos per night. It has large room, big shower bathroom, computer desk and wi fi cable. There is a big mirror on the wall next to the bed and some girls get a kick out of it watching their fuck sessions.

Big bed but not very comfortable. Flimsy sheets and bedspreads. Wall A / see unit not good and noisy. Lots of noise from outside because it is surrounded by many bars. Spiral staircase to get upstairs is a killer if you had one too many drinks. One time a drunk girl almost broke her neck if I did not held her tightly.To Sammon.

The new standard room rate is now 1590 Php but they Just upgrade to flat TV on all the room to 32-40 inch, yes the staircase is a shits step are high not easy go upstair maybe a elevator is good.

Fast Eddie 48

Osuul
01-12-13, 06:21
I stayed in 2 hotels on my trip in December. Devara and galaxie hotel.

Devara had a cool restaurant on top but small rooms and the worst a big construction side right next to it which woke me up in the morning.

Galaxie hotel seem fairly new. Much bigger rooms, a big pool and the best its right in the middle of the bar street.

Fast Eddie 48
01-16-13, 00:41
I stayed in 2 hotels on my trip in December. Devara and galaxie hotel.

Devara had a cool restaurant on top but small rooms and the worst a big construction side right next to it which woke me up in the morning.

Galaxie hotel seem fairly new. Much bigger rooms, a big pool and the best its right in the middle of the bar street.To Osuul,

The roof top pool at Devera open yet they still offer the standard JR at 1200 php rate but I try to book it for March, they didn't respond back to me and I email them 3 time.

Fast Eddie 48

Osuul
01-20-13, 12:11
To Osuul,

The roof top pool at Devera open yet they still offer the standard JR at 1200 php rate but I try to book it for March, they didn't respond back to me and I email them 3 time.

Fast Eddie 48I booked it via Expedia.

I don't think the construction will be finished by then. I don't recommend going there till its finished.

Mngr18
01-24-13, 01:20
Hey all,

I'm going to Philippines for ten days and will be in angeles city for 2-3nights. Can't wait. Will report on my excursions.

Looking for a hotel in the $30-50 range. Just looking at hotels. Com I noticed a couple. Has anyone stayed at the century hotel?

Osuul
01-26-13, 00:28
Hey all,

I'm going to Philippines for ten days and will be in angeles city for 2-3nights. Can't wait. Will report on my excursions.

Looking for a hotel in the $30-50 range. Just looking at hotels. Com I noticed a couple. Has anyone stayed at the century hotel?Dude, my post is just 3 posts down.

Puskas
01-26-13, 16:13
Hi, any information about this hotel?

Thanks!

AfAsia
02-11-13, 11:31
Tried booking Orchid Inn via Agoda hoping to get a promo rate, however according to Agoda; Orchid Inn was fully booked. Checked with the hotel website direct and Chona had me a room in minutes with a prompt response to emails. Somebody is getting chocolates. Wonder what the deal is with Agoda pulling porkies like that?

Agoda favouring alternatives?

X Man
02-11-13, 13:02
Interesting theory and it hadn't crossed my mind. It could be possible.

My own theory is that OI saves some rooms to avoid any commission they have to pay Agoda, or possibly to satisfy any repeat customer that might show up. They get enough word of mouth biz / repeat biz and in high season they are fully booked with or without Agoda.

Can anyone shed some light on the business arrangements between hotels and web sites?

Tried booking Orchid Inn via Agoda hoping to get a promo rate, however according to Agoda; Orchid Inn was fully booked. Checked with the hotel website direct and Chona had me a room in minutes with a prompt response to emails. Somebody is getting chocolates. Wonder what the deal is with Agoda pulling porkies like that?

Agoda favouring alternatives?

WestCoast1
02-11-13, 16:17
My own theory is that OI saves some rooms to avoid any commission they have to pay Agoda, or possibly to satisfy any repeat customer that might show up. They get enough word of mouth biz / repeat biz and in high season they are fully booked with or without Agoda.

Can anyone shed some light on the business arrangements between hotels and web sites?Spot on. A percentage of the hotel's rooms are blocked off for the various hotel websites (agoda, asiatravel, priceline, orbitz, hotel. Com, etc). The rest of the rooms are saved for the actual hotel. This allows the hotel to allow for walkins, previous guests, whales, etc. The actual hotel can also sell any open rooms normally blocked off for the various sites. When the rooms that are blocked off for the various outside websites are sold, the hotel appears to be "sold out" for the night on those sites; but calling the hotel or trying the actual hotel website might show rooms available. Thought this was common knowledge.

Sammon
02-11-13, 16:35
Spot on. A percentage of the hotel's rooms are blocked off for the various hotel websites (agoda, asiatravel, priceline, orbitz, hotel. Com, etc). The rest of the rooms are saved for the actual hotel. This allows the hotel to allow for walkins, previous guests, whales, etc. The actual hotel can also sell any open rooms normally blocked off for the various sites. When the rooms that are blocked off for the various outside websites are sold, the hotel appears to be "sold out" for the night on those sites; but calling the hotel or trying the actual hotel website might show rooms available. Thought this was common knowledge.To add to this certain websites have kind of exclusive deals with a perticular hotel. In such cases they give very good discounts. One clear example is asiatravel for rooms at bayview park in Manila. Nobody can match their prices including hotel website.

It is expensive to book through the hotel direct. But in AC it is a different story. Besides taxes are included in the quoted price and if you pay cash it is further discounted.

Red Kilt
02-12-13, 04:03
It is expensive to book through the hotel direct.Not in my experience Samm.

I find it always works for me if I call the hotel direct and ask for the local resident rate for XYZ dates and for the lowest rate possible for a standard double. All you need to "prove" local residency when you check in is a Phil Driver's License (or a pinay wife beside you hehehe)

If the telephone clerk does not seem "empowered" to give me the better rate then I ask to speak to the sales manager. Last time that I stayed in Waterfront in Cebu I was given a 50% discount by the Sales Manager because they had no conventions on at that time and low occupancy rate.

I always check room rates on hotel sites, Agoda and Hotels dot com first. In Philippines I always get a better rate by direct calling. Of course, for other countries, I go through the various sites.

Paul Kausch
02-12-13, 04:24
Not in my experience Samm.

I find it always works for me if I call the hotel direct and ask for the local resident rate for XYZ dates and for the lowest rate possible for a standard double. All you need to "prove" local residency when you check in is a Phil Driver's License (or a pinay wife beside you hehehe)

If the telephone clerk does not seem "empowered" to give me the better rate then I ask to speak to the sales manager. Last time that I stayed in Waterfront in Cebu I was given a 50% discount by the Sales Manager because they had no conventions on at that time and low occupancy rate.

I always check room rates on hotel sites, Agoda and Hotels dot com first. In Philippines I always get a better rate by direct calling. Of course, for other countries, I go through the various sites.My experience, where ever I am, is I get the best rate dealing directly with the hotel. If it's low season, a weekend in a location where most of the travelers are on business, in a convention city when no convention is going on, you can get a surprisingly low rate by asking to speak with the manager on duty and just asking that person to make you an attractive offer. That room costs the hotel almost as much when it's empty as when it's occupied. Many hotels are getting smart, they use sites like Agoda as a marketing tool. Smart travelers use these sites for the reviews and to quickly evaluate a large number of hotels. It is always best to make a note of the Agoda price and then check the hotel's website. If the hotel has a loyalty program join it before make your reservation. It just takes a few minutes. By entering your loyalty card number you will often see even lower prices. I'm about to take a trip on business. I've saved about 15% on average (relative to Agoda) by doing this.

Jack4765
02-14-13, 01:32
I just went back 26 pages to see if I could see a review of the Sienpost Hotel.

Has anyone stayed there or know of anyone? The prices are excellent and the pictures look good but I have been fooled by the doctored pics before. Especially in A / C.

Thanks

PinkPearl
02-14-13, 02:44
I made a booking with the ABC hotel. They have confirmed my booking but are asking for credit card details to guarantee it. I am not very keen to use my credit card in the Philippines. Are there hotels in Angeles which would keep your room without credit card guarantee. I would appreciate any advice from guys who have booked hotels without using credit cards.
Be careful if that's an issue. I booked ABC online through a travel site, when I checked in they put a pretty hefty hold on my card while I stayed for 2 weeks. Three weeks after checking out they hadn't released the hold. Called them, they said it was the card issuer. Called them and they said it wasn't. Called ABC again, talked to a manager who said he'd look into it. Two days later the money was released. More hassle than I would want.What's wrong with AC? Don't they want business? I've never had to deal with any of this crap in Thailand.

Is Manilla any better?

When I booked at the Savannah and Pacific Breeze a couple years ago they did not require a credit card, though the Savannah required me to pay in advance when I arrived.

One trick I have used when hotels and such when they want a credit card and I don't trust them is to purchase a refillable debit card (visa or mc) then put on just enough to cover the deposit. You can then give them that number pretty much worry free.Is that like a Pre Paid Credit Card?

Pay in advance? What if the hotel sucks? You move to another hotel and lose your "advance" payment?

I'd pay only one day in advance, if the place seems ok after checking out the room.

WhatsUrName
02-18-13, 21:24
Hi Guys,

I just got back from my vacation week in the Philippines!

I spent 4 nights in Angeles City. I stayed at the ABC Hotel and want to post my thoughts on staying there.

I really enjoyed this hotel. I loved my room! It was huge! It looked just like the photo in the "Millennium Option. Junior Suite" section of their website:

http://www.angelesbeachclubhotel.com/accomodation.php.

I setup my reservation at their website. I didn't provide a CC number in advance (to my recollection) , but I did have to reconfirm a few days in advance via email.

They are pretty well integrated into the "Swagman Fly the Bus" shuttle service, and I was dropped off fresh from Manila right in front of their hotel. When I was ready to go back to the beautiful, tropical island paradise of Manila, I simply picked up the phone and asked the front desk to make the arrangements. They even added the 600 peso fee to my room bill for my convenience. I was picked up and dropped off in Malate. About 8 blocks from Manila Bay Cafe.

It's the fanciest hotel in "our" area and the girls love to go there. I paid a little bit more than other hotels but the VIP treatment I recieved everywhere in the city was worth it. I look forward to staying there again in the future.

WhatsurName

BrainDrain
02-25-13, 22:20
Hi, has anyone used the ABC to MNL helicopter service?

Someone told me it is currently not available.

Jimmy Boy 99
02-26-13, 00:22
I have the option to stay in an executive room at the Pacific Breeze, a superior room at the Royal Amsterdam, and a king-bed room at the Best Western The Mint in April for about the same price. For those who are familiar with these hotels, how do the rooms and facilities compare. Do you have any recommendations as to which to stay at and why? Thanks

X Man
02-26-13, 01:50
I think the location of the Best W is not convenient. Pac. Breeze has a pool so that's my choice. The RA is very nice, but no pool. X.

I have the option to stay in an executive room at the Pacific Breeze, a superior room at the Royal Amsterdam, and a king-bed room at the Best Western The Mint in April for about the same price. For those who are familiar with these hotels, how do the rooms and facilities compare. Do you have any recommendations as to which to stay at and why? Thanks

WhatsUrName
02-26-13, 04:27
Just a tip with regard to staying at the ABC hotel. They have a comparatively lavish mini bar stocked full of overpriced drinks and candy. I had them remove all of this when I was shown my room, and then went straight down to 7-Eleven and bought my own water, beer, candy, and snacks. I didn't have to mess with that for the rest of the tirp.

Tally Wacker
02-26-13, 05:10
Yep, good call with where ever you stay in Phil.

Just a tip with regard to staying at the ABC hotel. They have a comparatively lavish mini bar stocked full of overpriced drinks and candy. I had them remove all of this when I was shown my room, and then went straight down to 7-Eleven and bought my own water, beer, candy, and snacks. I didn't have to mess with that for the rest of the tirp.

Irony Monger
02-26-13, 05:44
Yep, good call with where ever you stay in Phil.Agreed. Pretty much whenever I check in to any hotel in PI I ask if there is a mini bar. If they say yes, I say "clear it out". I've only gotten push back once, and that was at Pacific Breeze, but eventually they agreed that it would be fine for me to empty the fridge and put everything in a bag, then replace it upon checkout. About 30 seconds later they also said that housekeeping could do that for me. I rolled my eyes. Only in Phil.

KyCuriosity
02-27-13, 17:44
I just thought this was funny. I emailed Brass Knob to ask about their rooms and availability. Here is a copy of the very short conversation:

ME:

Subject: The Brass Knob Hotel. Angeles City Philippines Contact: In room safes.

"Do any of your rooms have in-room safes? I'm looking for the 1500P room for one night in July. Thank you for your time and consideration."

Reply:

Dear Sir,

Yes, we have wifi inside the room,

And also have available room from *

Just email us again to let us know what date

Your check inn,

Thanks & Regards.

Norma.

Brass Knob

Rubberyman
02-28-13, 11:37
I just went back 26 pages to see if I could see a review of the Sienpost Hotel.

Has anyone stayed there or know of anyone? The prices are excellent and the pictures look good but I have been fooled by the doctored pics before. Especially in A / C.

ThanksI stayed there a couple of years ago. It was quite nice, large rooms, friendly staff, quite well appointed, pool. Photos pretty much like the real thing. The downsides were: roomsafes were keyed rather than combination (so if someone gets your key while you are asleep you can be cleaned out) , it is a bit back from the main road, so not sure I would like to walk it after dark. At that time, too, there was some construction going on. It didn't affect me, but if someone had a room close to the work it wouldn't have been fun. Not sure if that has finished or not. It should have, but this is the Phils.

Irony Monger
03-03-13, 06:06
I have the option to stay in an executive room at the Pacific Breeze, a superior room at the Royal Amsterdam, and a king-bed room at the Best Western The Mint in April for about the same price. For those who are familiar with these hotels, how do the rooms and facilities compare. Do you have any recommendations as to which to stay at and why? ThanksOut of the three hotels you listed I have only stayed at the Pacific Breeze. Lighting was really bad in the room, but otherwise the hotel was good. So if you plan on taking pics, bring a good flash or some other lighting. If pics are not on your priority list then it is a decent place to stay. Chics dig the pool there.

TriKey43
03-04-13, 05:12
Hello All,

I will be going to ac in June. I'm wondering if anyone has every stayed at a hotel called Swagman? If so, what was your experience please? However, I'm not looking for a fancy place

To stay while traveling on a budget. But, I would like some ideas on which low budget hotels are good and close by the fields avenue night life.

MichelinBoy88
03-10-13, 21:15
Out of the three hotels you listed I have only stayed at the Pacific Breeze. Lighting was really bad in the room, but otherwise the hotel was good. So if you plan on taking pics, bring a good flash or some other lighting. If pics are not on your priority list then it is a decent place to stay. Chics dig the pool there.I've always stayed at the PB when I am in AC. The staff there are wonderful and very nice (not to mention cute). <= I don't think they can be BF'd though. The security guys out front are very helpful. Anyways, the rooms are like they say "dim". The bed is ok and sheets are not that soft / plush but hey. After a drunken night would you really care? The rooms with a jacuzzi are quite fun when you bring girls back at night. Lots of memories there. PB is one of the few hotels along that strip that has a pool which the girls love but be careful not to entertain them too long at the pool or they may never leave.

All in all, I've always been pleased staying at the Pacific Breeze. I have hear good things about a relatively new hotel next door called Valentino's. Has anyone stayed there?

Fast Eddie 48
03-12-13, 12:47
Hello All,

I will be going to ac in June. I'm wondering if anyone has every stayed at a hotel called Swagman? If so, what was your experience please? However, I'm not looking for a fancy place

To stay while traveling on a budget. But, I would like some ideas on which low budget hotels are good and close by the fields avenue night life.Trikey,

Swagman is a dump and far from field where the action is at if you can afford 40 USD a night there are many place near field, I don't think you want to stay at hotel that is middle of no where just try to save a few bucks but getting rob is not worth it.

Fast Eddie 48

Null Avenger
03-13-13, 20:51
Getting ethernet (they call it cable I think there) in room is pretty difficult. I only know of two and they are sister hotels, Central Park and Pacific Breeze.Wild Orchid has ethernet plugs in rooms [at least the lagoon rooms, but probably all of them]. Unlike most hotels Wild Orchid has 4 internet links.

Devra has ethernet plugs in some rooms [the front desk says in Superior rooms and above], but you should specify at booking time.

[Late to the party I know].

Ej2208
04-02-13, 15:11
This is a late post but below is a review of the hotels I stayed in on my last trip to AC. I would say ABC is the best hotel by far in AC. IMO.

Lewis Grand.

Rating. 3 stars out of 5 in my book.

Rooms. Were large, clean and but the bed and pillows were very hard and could not sleep.

Staffs. Their service wasn't bad but wasn't good. Felt like they was trying to nickel and dime me out of everything even when I was already paying $$$ for the room.

Pool. Was closed.

Restaurant. The food was good for the Philippines The Restaurant is 24 hours.

Overall:. TV channels were good with ESPN, HBO and Stars available. Wifi was a little slow, but allowing you can connect multiple devices. Room service is available 24 hours. The car service SUCKS if you requested a ride to fields or SM you would have to wait 45 minutes to an hour and half so I just walked every time. The location is kind of far and from the action area they need to get more cars.

Angeles City Beach Club (ABC)

Rooms. Were large, clean the beds were very soft so you can get some good morning sleeping while recovering from the night.

Staffs. Service was GREAT no ISSUE was too small or big. Was treated like VIP when I was staying in there cheapest room. GREAT customer service.

Pool. Very nice but not too much sun

Restaurant. The food was good and The Restaurant is 24 hours.

Overall. TV channels were good with ESPN, HBO and Stars free PORN available. Wifi was fast while in the room. I will be back in a FEW more months. Again GREAT SERVICE. The longest I had to wait on car service was 10 to 15 Mins. It is it is centrally located so you can enjoy barhopping on Fields or Perimeter.

Bourbon Street Condo Hotel.

Rating. 4 stars out of 5 in my book.

Rooms. Were large, clean, the beds OK, It's like having you own apartment in the middle of the ACTION.

Staffs. Service was GREAT and very friendly and helpful Staff. But they only provides basic service since this is a condo acting as a hotel.

Pool. The Best in AC since you have access to Wild Orchid Pool.

Restaurant. The hotel does not have a restaurant but you can use Wild Orchid restaurant or go down stairs and eat at Cuba Cuba or tequila reef that's across the street.

Overall: TV channels were good with ESPN, HBO and Stars available. Internet was very slow some rooms have Wi-Fi and some only are wired connected. The Location of the hotel is great your near action but it is very quiet in the rooms. Overall nice place to stay definitely come back again. Its feel more like you are relaxing in your apartment then in a a small hotel room.

Ekspat
04-02-13, 15:57
Angeles City Beach Club (ABC) Rating. 5 stars out of 5 in my book.If we consider the rating on AC only, I can agree. But in International standards, ABC is a good 3. 5 star, maybe with a lot of good will a 4 star. Same for LGH. Really nothing to write home about.

Ej2208
04-02-13, 16:11
If we consider the rating on AC only, I can agree. But in International standards, ABC is a good 3. 5 star, maybe with a lot of good will a 4 star. Same for LGH. Really nothing to write home about.Keywords: 5 stars out of 5 IN MY BOOK. I never said anything about a International or local rating system.

X Man
04-03-13, 01:58
EJ, that's all that counts! LOL.

I personally like a pool where I can do a few laps. The pool at ABC is basically indoors (no sunshine) and meanders around among the various bars and restaurant tables.

Keywords: 5 stars out of 5 IN MY BOOK. I never said anything about a International or local rating system.

X Man
04-03-13, 02:15
Valentino's has appropriately located mirrors, which I really like, and big balconies looking out toward Fields. It is located a few blocks in, but right between Santos and Raymond St. Where the infamous short time bars are. It is not next door to PB, but in the area where the new wing of Orchid Inn is located.

Unfortunately there is a massive construction project right across the street. There is a lot of dirt and noise. Also my balcony door could not lock which made me uncomfortable- I was on the 2nd floor. And lastly, if you are near the stairs, you will hear people clomping up and down on the tiled floors at all hours of the night.

The staff were nice enough to give me a discount when I pointed out a few of these problems. Nevertheless, I won't stay there again until the construction project is finished. I might have a few pictures somewhere. X.

snip.

All in all, I've always been pleased staying at the Pacific Breeze. I have hear good things about a relatively new hotel next door called Valentino's. Has anyone stayed there?

X Man
04-03-13, 02:41
See previous post for review. Also, pictures taken outside of the room are done using 200mm lens from the balcony.

Chrisde99
04-11-13, 06:52
this is my fourth day at the abc and i find it a perfect hotel.

the abc driver was waiting promptly for me at manila airport. he was a very safe and polite person.

checking in took less then 5 minutes. no credit card asked for. paid an advance of 2500 pesos.

room standard jacuzzi. lovely, spacious, clean. wonderful bed with one side fully mirrored. nice sitting area just as is shown in their website.

huge bathroom with jacuzzi that can sit 3 easily. large supply of towels which can be replaced at any time of the day. separate shower area.

flat screen sony tv with about 40 channels including 5 movie channels and plus 5 porn channels all free.

free high speed wifi.

normal safe in room which also took in my macair laptop.

excellent service with everyone extremely polite and efficient.

their car service was great. they would drop you or pick you up from anywhere within angeles. of all the times i requested a service it was only once when they said i would have to wait for 10 minutes.

ideally located about 5 minutes from fields and 10 minutes from walking street and 15 minutes (all by walk) to perimeter road.

24 hour 7-11 shops / moneychangers less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

most bargirls love it when you tell them you are staying at the abc.

the only cons i could see was the food. expensive and not the best. the room rents are also on the higher side compared to other similar hotels.

StephenIberico
04-11-13, 13:36
Hey guys.

Looking at hotels for my second stay in AC and looking at Devera Hotel, what is it like? Says its close to Ponytails which would be close enough to Fields for me. Any fellow mongers stayed there? Looked through forum but didn't see many reviews for this place.

Gracias,

Esteban

X Man
04-12-13, 08:19
Thanks for the ABC report. How much are you paying? Are those car rides free?

I remember when they first opened their rooms were $99. A few people here at ISG said they would never survive at that price.

Does anyone know if Clarkton still runs a shuttle bus? X.

This is my fourth day at the ABC and I find it a perfect hotel.

SNIP.

Most bargirls love it when you tell them you are staying at the ABC.

The only cons I could see was the food. Expensive and not the best. The room rents are also on the higher side compared to other similar hotels.

Ekspat
04-12-13, 09:02
Hey guys.

Looking at hotels for my second stay in AC and looking at Devera Hotel, what is it like? Says its close to Ponytails which would be close enough to Fields for me. Any fellow mongers stayed there? Looked through forum but didn't see many reviews for this place.Devera is right next to Ponytails and walking to Fields is less than 5 Minutes. I stayed there several times, no problems. Sometimes you have to wait quite some time for the lift, because there is only one. Be aware, some of the standard rooms do not have a window, what is a clear no-no for me.

Cheers!

Sammon
04-12-13, 15:10
Most bargirls love it when you tell them you are staying at the ABC.Funny!

Bargirls will fuck you wherever you are staying even if it is a dump. I stayed in windowless rooms in Royal amsterdam to higher class hotels. These girls do not really care where you stay. Color of money is most important to them.

Ofcourse some girls like to play in the pool and spend a day lavishly at your expense. Once I took two girls to Subic for a all day enjoyment. They really made sure I spent the least amount money. They were bargaining.

Everywhere.

Some girls like you and want to spend more time with you. Some just want to fuck you and leave. Impressing girls in AC saying you are staying at ABC or any other place does not make them like you more.

Pute Nut
04-12-13, 15:25
Funny! Bargirls will fuck you wherever you are staying even if it is a dump.Basically, yes. They are just trying to evaluate your potential tipping power and what kind of comfort level the bed they will be fucked upon will have. I hate that question (as I don't casually reveal my hotel in 3rd world dumps) and sometimes say Wobbly Boot (a flea pit which ironically is situated just next to ABC). Sensing I bullshit them, they usually comeback with a reply along the lines "that's OK too, nothing wrong with that..blah blah". Meaning pay up and let's go, stupid. Their pinoy trike driving BFs will fuck them on less comfortable mattresses for free, so whichever way you slice it, any AC hotel is an upgrade.

Ekspat
04-13-13, 09:35
Impressing girls in AC saying you are staying at ABC or any other place does not make them like you more.I am staying at ABC or LGH, because I want to stay there. I think I am worth it for myself and I don't like to stay in a rathole just to save 50 bucks. Just simply for myself and if the girls like it's a another plus, but comes secondary.

Fast Eddie 48
04-13-13, 23:06
this is my fourth day at the abc and i find it a perfect hotel.

the abc driver was waiting promptly for me at manila airport. he was a very safe and polite person.

checking in took less then 5 minutes. no credit card asked for. paid an advance of 2500 pesos.

room standard jacuzzi. lovely, spacious, clean. wonderful bed with one side fully mirrored. nice sitting area just as is shown in their website.

huge bathroom with jacuzzi that can sit 3 easily. large supply of towels which can be replaced at any time of the day. separate shower area.

flat screen sony tv with about 40 channels including 5 movie channels and plus 5 porn channels all free.

free high speed wifi.

normal safe in room which also took in my macair laptop.

excellent service with everyone extremely polite and efficient.

their car service was great. they would drop you or pick you up from anywhere within angeles. of all the times i requested a service it was only once when they said i would have to wait for 10 minutes.

ideally located about 5 minutes from fields and 10 minutes from walking street and 15 minutes (all by walk) to perimeter road.

24 hour 7-11 shops / moneychangers less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

most bargirls love it when you tell them you are staying at the abc.

the only cons i could see was the food. expensive and not the best. the room rents are also on the higher side compared to other similar hotels.to chrisd99,

if the bargirl like the room abc so much did you have to kick them out of the room the next day or you have a runner that want to leave after just one shot.

fast eddie 48

Betong
04-15-13, 04:46
I don't like to stay in a rathole just to save 50 bucks.50 bucks less than ABC is still around P3000 and you certainly can do better than a rathole for that price. In fact right now I reckon, for me at least, the sweet spot in value for money in AC hotels is around P2000-2500. But for people willing to spend more, both ABC and LGH are great choices.

Chrisde99
04-17-13, 02:14
They loved the room. But my standard was great sex in the night / cuddle in the night with her hands on my cock when I wanted and a good blowjob in the morning and send her packing. I like the mornings to myself for recovering!

Chris

To Chrisd99,

If the Bargirl like the room ABC so much did you have to kick them out of the room the next day or you have a runner that want to leave after just one shot.

Fast Eddie 48

Sad Sam
05-14-13, 15:00
Recently I was in AC and had a flight out of Manila international airport. I looked on this site and did not find all the ways one could get between the two places. So for any of you contemplating that I thought I would add this report. I am not sure where to post this but I guess omewhere is better than nowhere.

Apart from the taxi and the public bus options, there are a couple of more convenient options in between.

1) Now, the Swagman Fly The Bus has an airport drop off option. The total cost will be 600P. The advantage of this is that they will pick you up directly from your hotel in AC and drop you off at your terminal in Manila. So, from that point of view it is much more convenient than having to take additional transportations from the two bus stations, if you take the public bus. However, be warned that this option will take longer since they need to pick up people from various hotels and then also some dead time at the Swagman hotel in Manila. It seems like they have 3 trips a day. 8AM. 12 noon and 5 PM from AC.

2) There is the Philtranco bus from Clark airport to Manila airport. It is also I believe 600P. They seem to run at 11:30Am. 12:30 PM. 5PM and finally at 2AM! You will have to get to the Clark airport but from there it is a direct bus to the Manila airport. This is likely to be faster than other forms of transportation except for taxi. I could not confirm the timings but you may want to call them or better yet speak to the counter at the Clark airport or Manila airport to be certain.

Good luck.

Claudio
06-07-13, 20:53
Anyone has some experience with the "Pation Inn" Appartments in AC?

Thanks a lot

Irony Monger
06-07-13, 22:29
1) Now, the Swagman Fly The Bus has an airport drop off option. The total cost will be 600P. The advantage of this is that they will pick you up directly from your hotel in AC and drop you off at your terminal in Manila. So, from that point of view it is much more convenient than having to take additional transportations from the two bus stations, if you take the public bus. However, be warned that this option will take longer since they need to pick up people from various hotels and then also some dead time at the Swagman hotel in Manila. It seems like they have 3 trips a day. 8AM. 12 noon and 5 PM from AC.Any idea what the total trip time is? If you catch the 8am bus, what time do you get to the airport in Manila?

JonChiang
06-10-13, 01:47
Any idea what the total trip time is? If you catch the 8am bus, what time do you get to the airport in Manila?In my recent experience, I took Fly the Bus at 8 am, arrived Swagman Hotel Manila at 9:45 am.

I asked front desk to rent a car to NAIA, they told me having a car at 11 am and charged me 300 peso.

Because I was not in hurry, so I waited there.

I arrived NAIA Terminal 3 before 11:30 am.

I think the total fare is 900 peso from AC to NAIA.

But I don't know how much they charge for NAIA drop off service if I'm in hurry.

Fast Eddie 48
06-11-13, 00:04
In my recent experience, I took Fly the Bus at 8 am, arrived Swagman Hotel Manila at 9:45 am.

I asked front desk to rent a car to NAIA, they told me having a car at 11 am and charged me 300 peso.

Because I was not in hurry, so I waited there.

I arrived NAIA Terminal 3 before 11:30 am.

I think the total fare is 900 peso from AC to NAIA.

But I don't know how much they charge for NAIA drop off service if I'm in hurry.Jon,

If you just take a meter taxi from Swagman Manila to NAIA is less than 150 Peso no need to wait, the fastest way is take taxi form AC hotel direct to NAIA should be around 1300 peso take 2 hr or less.

Fast Eddie 48

Buko Max
06-11-13, 13:56
Anyone has some experience with the "Pation Inn" Appartments in AC?Have not stayed there in several years but the Patio is a fairly good place to stay. Located next to Swagman in the Diamond Sub., it is very quiet and about a 15 minute walk to Fields. There are not many units so the place fills up. The staff is friendly and helpful.

JonChiang
06-13-13, 12:21
Jon,

If you just take a meter taxi from Swagman Manila to NAIA is less than 150 Peso no need to wait, the fastest way is take taxi form AC hotel direct to NAIA should be around 1300 peso take 2 hr or less.

Fast Eddie 48Thanks Eddie.

When I arrived Swagman Manila, I forgot I can take taxi outside.

Newbie going Manila first time, I were just familiar to take jeepney or trike in AC. Hahaha.

But in next time I will try to take bus from Dau to Pasay.

Sky Ryder
06-13-13, 13:07
I spent four nights at PB last week. I had three reserved and wanted to extend for an extra night. As it turns out I had to change rooms, okay no problem. Actually I packed my things a left for the afternoon and when I came back they had moved my luggage into the new room. I asked to settle the bill and they charged me for one of the waters. Now I did drink the bottle of water, but it was not in the refrig and was placed no where near the other mini bar goodies and was labeled with a Pacific Breeze label, so I assumed it was comped. Wrong. This kind of unsettled me.

So I settle my bill for the second room before going to sleep since I had an early out. When I left the key to get in the car at 5:00 am the next morning, they asked me to wait until they checked the mini bar. I told them I didn't consume anything and did not have a guest that night. Both things are true. They still asked me to wait. I did. 15 minutes, and then the girl told me that I had consumed two Diet Pepsi's. I'm like I don't even like that drink and I never opened the refrig. Well there is really no way to prove I didn't drink them and I was already 20 mins late getting on the road, so paid the damn drinks and left. I have never given a thought to taking inventory of the mini bar before when I check in, but I will now and most probably ask that all of it be removed from the room so that there won't be any "misunderstanding" in the future.

I am not sure if I will go back to PB or not, the last two times I have stayed there have both had some "service" issues that kind of irritate me. Nice location, but not sure if I will return. Just an FYI on the mini bar.

Sammon
06-13-13, 14:51
I spent four nights at PB last week. I had three reserved and wanted to extend for an extra night. As it turns out I had to change rooms, okay no problem. Actually I packed my things a left for the afternoon and when I came back they had moved my luggage into the new room. I asked to settle the bill and they charged me for one of the waters. Now I did drink the bottle of water, but it was not in the refrig and was placed no where near the other mini bar goodies and was labeled with a Pacific Breeze label, so I assumed it was comped. Wrong. This kind of unsettled me.

So I settle my bill for the second room before going to sleep since I had an early out. When I left the key to get in the car at 5:00 am the next morning, they asked me to wait until they checked the mini bar. I told them I didn't consume anything and did not have a guest that night. Both things are true. They still asked me to wait. I did. 15 minutes, and then the girl told me that I had consumed two Diet Pepsi's. I'm like I don't even like that drink and I never opened the refrig. Well there is really no way to prove I didn't drink them and I was already 20 mins late getting on the road, so paid the damn drinks and left. I have never given a thought to taking inventory of the mini bar before when I check in, but I will now and most probably ask that all of it be removed from the room so that there won't be any "misunderstanding" in the future.

I am not sure if I will go back to PB or not, the last two times I have stayed there have both had some "service" issues that kind of irritate me. Nice location, but not sure if I will return. Just an FYI on the mini bar.This happened to me in Cebu. They told me I took Gatorade and wanted 300 pesos. Asked them to check again and they called whoever. Then agreed that I did not take anything. I gave them a earful of why they should not do this. They had a sheepish grin but no apology.

Irony Monger
06-14-13, 03:43
I asked to settle the bill and they charged me for one of the waters.

When I left the key to get in the car at 5:00 am the next morning, they asked me to wait until they checked the mini bar. I told them I didn't consume anything and did not have a guest that night. Both things are true. They still asked me to wait. I did. 15 minutes, and then the girl told me that I had consumed two Diet Pepsi's.

Just an FYI on the mini bar.Anytime I check into a hotel in PI, I ALWAYS have them clear out the minibar. They will grumble a bit, but I tell them that this is because I want to put my own items in the fridge, which is true, but the main reason is so they can't charge me for items I didn't use.

Red Kilt
06-14-13, 06:09
Anytime I check into a hotel in PI, I ALWAYS have them clear out the minibar. They will grumble a bit, but I tell them that this is because I want to put my own items in the fridge, which is true, but the main reason is so they can't charge me for items I didn't use.I posted this link a few weeks ago.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/hote.429-2inhc.html

Just remember it is a piece of humor but there is a lesson there too. I don't recommend stealing the minibar contents nor do I recommend playing a stunt that ends up with the room boy / girl having to pay for the missing items.

Any time I have ever been asked to pay a false minibar charge for which I was not responsible then I just flat out refuse to pay. It has always been waived if you stand your ground or ask to speak to a manager.

X Man
06-14-13, 13:54
I was in an Olongapo (barrio barreto) hotel and, after I reported no drinks taken, a Filipino guy came up and slammed down a half open bottle of beer. My gal wasn't a drinker and I don't waste a drop, so there was no way it was mine nor hers. He was aggressive and I was back. Of course the boss was away, since it was Jan 2. As I went to find transportation, the staff asked my gal,"why is he that way?". I should name the hotel, but maybe they've changed staff by now. I haven't been back to Subic since. They have a way of shooting themselves in the foot.

I posted this link a few weeks ago.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/hote.429-2inhc.html

Just remember it is a piece of humor but there is a lesson there too. I don't recommend stealing the minibar contents nor do I recommend playing a stunt that ends up with the room boy / girl having to pay for the missing items.

Any time I have ever been asked to pay a false minibar charge for which I was not responsible then I just flat out refuse to pay. It has always been waived if you stand your ground or ask to speak to a manager.

CalvinH
07-05-13, 18:31
Sorry if this is repetitive and a newbie question. I tried a search and didn't find any info.

Has anyone stayed at the Fields Plaza Suites? Any feedback? I'm assuming is close to the action as looking on a map, it looks like it's on the edge of the bar area.

http://www.fieldsplazasuites.com

WestCoast1
07-06-13, 10:21
Hotel Review – Apartelle Royal, Fields Ave, next to Camelot bar. Close to Natalia hotel and Alaska bar.

Greetings: from two flights of stairs (no elevator). You're in for a healthy walk fella. Two sets of stairs just to get to the receptionist. Its got 14 rooms on 3 levels. Even the smallest room, I think around 1500p, is very spacious. Hope I remember to include pics. When I was checking in, the receptionist said the owner was running a promo. 15% discount, so about 1300p / night. Sweet. I had the smallest room (Standard). Very roomy. Full queen bed, nice firm mattress. Website claims 32' tv, but I measured 40' in the room. Room left over for several large comfy chairs and coffee table. Large bathroom with a shower you could fit 6 people in if you wanted. Fridge, room-safe, plenty of closet space with drawers. Plenty of light in the room also, about 6 lights recessed into the ceiling.

Back to the stairs. At checkin, got the key and the lady pointed down the hall to my room. Off I went in search of it. At the end of the hall there's another set of stairs going down, to a basement (so I thought). Down I went, and realized that I was still a full level above the street. So the initial sets of stairs, that I found difficult to climb, weren't two half-sets, they were a full flight each, puttting I think the receptionist on floor 3. My first thought was: I need to change rooms back upstairs; I don't want to negotiate 2 floors up and 1 floor down everytime I enter / leave the hotel. But on second thought, its extremely quiet in the back and bottom of the building. Those rooms on that floor are very isolated. No music, no nothing! So I stayed. And I could use the exercise with the stairs.

Solid wifi connection, there are only 3 rooms downstairs and the router is close by. Unfortunately, the high-quality PLDT connection comes / goes with the rains. When its up, it runs smoothly.

No restaurant and no breakfast included.

The nicest bunch of ladies at the desk and cleaning crew. Over 5 days / nights we got on a chummy basis, and they were glad to provide anything extra needed.

The phone line for the credit card. I paid daily, but on several days the phone line for the CC machine was dead. 'Sir you try later. ' I did. And did. It just never worked. Finally they took the machine downstairs to a bar and used the bar's phone line to process my CC.

Nobody batted an eye as I brought girls in from the left, right, and center, in one's and two's.

No phone in the room.

Aircon: worked very well, and the key is a door-key, not electronic card. You can leave all the stuff on in the room anytime you leave, including the aircon. Even when I turned it off while I was out, the chambermaid turned it back on for me and left it on for me (sweet). The security guys and ladies working inside were very sweet to me, and I brought them some breads everyday (no WONDER they kept smiling at me).

In 5 nights, I saw another guest a total of 3 times. One coming out of his room, one at the receptionist, and one meandering down the hall. Its a very quiet place (except for the music from Camelot bar close to the receptionist).

Pro's: Good on cost. Large comfy room.

Con: All those stairs! I go in / out of a hotel at least 3 times / day, often 2x that. And the height of each stair is fairly tall. I'd come in with pinay, and have to hold her hand so she could navigate up (like watching a child mountain-climb) , or she'd have to grab the hand-rail with both hands. If you're knees are bad, stay away.

There is a separate large jacuzzi room available. My pics similar to those on the website,

http://www.apartelleroyal.com/

WestCoast1
07-07-13, 09:10
Natalia Hotel, near Alaska and Camelot bars. High-rise with elevator. Spacious lobby with restaurant. Also in the lobby, right at the front window facing Fields, are several couches and a large flat-screen TV with sports-net playing (lots of basketball). Breakfast is included in price; choice of Filipino (tocino, etc) or american. Right outside in the foyer is a money exchange, offering 43+ pesos / dollar. Also in the lobby is a convenience store.

I chose the Executive room for p2200. Good choice. Very roomy, queen bed, quiet and away from the noise of the street. Split aircon worked very well. Wifi was strong and relatively fast. The only time it disconnected was during a power outage one day. The power would go dead in the hotel for about 30 seconds before a generator kicked in, and the router would disconnect. A minute after the generator kicked the electricity on, it was back on it worked fine. Also in the room: large closet, safety box in the closet, two large overstuffed chairs, a couch, and small table. There is at least one light controlled by rheostat for dimming at the headboard of the bed (very romantic fella). The lady that took me up to the room, for good measure, stuck an extra key-card on the power slot. 'You keep that aircon going if you want. ' Nice!

The only thing that seemed to throw the thing off was the bedspread. It appeared to be right out of a 1950's movie scene, something your grandmother would have quilted.

Nice staff. Very attentive and helpful.

http://www.nataliahotel.com/

Pic is from the money exchange in the foyer.

Fast Eddie 48
07-08-13, 01:00
Hotel Review – Apartelle Royal, Fields Ave, next to Camelot bar. Close to Natalia hotel and Alaska bar.

Greetings: from two flights of stairs (no elevator). You're in for a healthy walk fella. Two sets of stairs just to get to the receptionist. Its got 14 rooms on 3 levels. Even the smallest room, I think around 1500p, is very spacious. Hope I remember to include pics. When I was checking in, the receptionist said the owner was running a promo. 15% discount, so about 1300p / night. Sweet. I had the smallest room (Standard). Very roomy. Full queen bed, nice firm mattress. Website claims 32' tv, but I measured 40' in the room. Room left over for several large comfy chairs and coffee table. Large bathroom with a shower you could fit 6 people in if you wanted. Fridge, room-safe, plenty of closet space with drawers. Plenty of light in the room also, about 6 lights recessed into the ceiling...To west coast,

I stay there early this yr and I agree with you about the stair you have to have long leg they are tall stair, I see that they just upgrade TV to flat screen and is upstair of Camelot club good locations.

Fast Eddie 48

Member #4566
07-20-13, 05:40
There are those who recommend choosing lodging because it is close to the action. But all the action I have to concern myself with is inside my pants when it performs on the bed in my hotel room. That being said, I highly recommend the several hotels located in proximity to the Swagman Hotel in the Diamond Subdivision. The Patio, the Marble Inn and the Koala are great places to stay. Each have spacious rooms for around 1000 Pesos. They are small family businesses and they take care of you or leave you the fuck alone as you wish.

CJTraveller
07-23-13, 04:23
Sorry if this is repetitive and a newbie question. I tried a search and didn't find any info.

Has anyone stayed at the Fields Plaza Suites? Any feedback? I'm assuming is close to the action as looking on a map, it looks like it's on the edge of the bar area.

http://www.fieldsplazasuites.comI stayed there a couple of years ago, it is a killer deal to get a 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom unit and split the cost with a wingman. Way expensive if you get a 1 bedroom just by yourself.

The location is excellent, the hotel excellent in almost every respect, the "almost" part is that it does not have a pool (although you can use the pool at its sister property ABC if you want to take a trike 2 km west).

I did not try the restaurant or room service, but there are plenty of options close by, Paradise Beer Garden is virtually right outside the door.

Highly recommended, I plan to stay there again, a wingman being the only precondition.

CJTraveller
07-23-13, 04:35
Does anyone have any feedback one way or the other on the Orchid Inn Resort? I'm not talking about the Wild Orchid, but rather the smaller property between Santos and Raymond Street.

I'm planning my next trip and am considering trying the hotel. The location looks perfect, close enough to walk pretty much everywhere along Fields without the need for a trike unless it's raining. Web reviews are mixed / inconclusive. In general I am OK with value but don't want to compromise overly much. I like clean, with reasonable service, decent A / C, good hot water and good internet / TV / cable. The pool looks fine.

Last trip I stayed at Pacific Breeze, and it was fine, other than upon repeat I will prefer to stick with the main building for easier pool access.

Any impressions on Orchid Inn Resort in general or how it compares to PB?

Fast Eddie 48
07-23-13, 18:40
Does anyone have any feedback one way or the other on the Orchid Inn Resort? I'm not talking about the Wild Orchid, but rather the smaller property between Santos and Raymond Street.

I'm planning my next trip and am considering trying the hotel. The location looks perfect, close enough to walk pretty much everywhere along Fields without the need for a trike unless it's raining. Web reviews are mixed / inconclusive. In general I am OK with value but don't want to compromise overly much. I like clean, with reasonable service, decent A / C, good hot water and good internet / TV / cable. The pool looks fine.

Last trip I stayed at Pacific Breeze, and it was fine, other than upon repeat I will prefer to stick with the main building for easier pool access.

Any impressions on Orchid Inn Resort in general or how it compares to PB?CJ,

The Orchid inn is a old hotel sister hotel of wild Orchid room are very small but cost much less than wild Orchid, this hotel been in AC for a long time one of the first one with a pool you should stay in PB not much more in price.

Fast Eddie 48

CJTraveller
07-24-13, 04:36
To CJ,

The Orchid inn is a old hotel sister hotel of wild Orchid room are very small but cost much less than wild Orchid, this hotel been in AC for a long time one of the first one with a pool you should stay in PB not much more in price.

Fast Eddie 48Thanks Fast Eddie,

I'm planning an early 2014 trip with the first leg in Puerto Galera (first time there) and the second leg in AC. Will probably spend a couple of nights in Pacific Breeze but book in the main building this time, and then jump to finish the AC leg at ABC.

Slippery
07-24-13, 10:42
To CJ,

Fast Eddie 48I stayed at Orchid Inn as recently as 10 days ago and stayed at Pacific Breeze as recently as 3 weeks ago and have used both hotels frequently over the years. Eddy is misinforming you. Pacific Breeze is less expensive than Orchid Inn, particularly if you pay cash as they will give you a 10% discount. Orchid Inn's set rates are more expensive than Pacific Breeze and only give a 5% discount for paying cash. Both places have ATMs and both places have various sizes of rooms. Orchid Inn's rooms are somewhat more outdated than Pacific Breeze, although still very comfy. Street noise at either place is not an issue.

I'd rather sit at Orchid Inn's bar than Pacific Breeze's as you are on a busy corner and can watch the world go by as opposed to being at the back of the Hotel at Pacific Breeze where you see only guests and staff. Management and service at both places is very friendly and efficient. Pools are about equal but the pool at Orchid Inn gets more sun. Quality of food is also about equal. I generally stay at Pacific Breeze and use Orchid Inn when Pacific Breeze is full. Never had a complaint about either place.

X Man
07-24-13, 14:31
Orchid has a pool, and is one of the oldest hotels blah, blah. I don't think Eddie "misinformed" anyone. Slippery is the one who takes a cheap shot, but doesn't really give any kind of review that would support his msg. As for the corner bar, I've stayed at the INN and never bothered to sit at the corner bar. WHy? To watch. Watch what. OMG, watch the trikes go by. How exiting.

I stayed at Orchid Inn as recently as 10 days ago and stayed at Pacific Breeze as recently as 3 weeks ago and have used both hotels frequently over the years. Eddy is misinforming you. Pacific Breeze is less expensive than Orchid Inn, particularly if you pay cash as they will give you a 10% discount. Orchid Inn's set rates are more expensive than Pacific Breeze and only give a 5% discount for paying cash. Both places have ATMs and both places have various sizes of rooms. Orchid Inn's rooms are somewhat more outdated than Pacific Breeze, although still very comfy. Street noise at either place is not an issue.

I'd rather sit at Orchid Inn's bar than Pacific Breeze's as you are on a busy corner and can watch the world go by as opposed to being at the back of the Hotel at Pacific Breeze where you see only guests and staff. Management and service at both places is very friendly and efficient. Pools are about equal but the pool at Orchid Inn gets more sun. Quality of food is also about equal. I generally stay at Pacific Breeze and use Orchid Inn when Pacific Breeze is full. Never had a complaint about either place.

Slippery
07-24-13, 16:04
Pacific Breeze is and has been less expensive than Orchid Inn for years and Orchid Inn's website prices are old prices. That's where Eddie misinformed. Geez, I stay a Pacific Breeze every two weeks and at Orchid Inn once a month or so. Like I don't know how much I pay? Duhhhhhhhhhh.

X Man
07-25-13, 17:19
Sounds like you spend too much time in AC. Can you say Duhhh, one more time. It kind of suits you.

I think Fast Eddie gave a quick hotel review which I think summed things up pretty well. Thanks Eddie. Prices of course depend on which level of rooms you are referring to and then again there is value to consider. I find PB rather sterile and the annex rather horrid. Granted, there are some bad rooms at Orchid Inn, in the old wing.

Slippery tells us that the website has "old prices", but he doesn't tell us if the actual prices are better or worse. Might I suggest that he spend more time typing useful info rather than rattling cages.

And if someone is "misinformed" that's okay, but it seems a lot more hostile when you write,"he is misinforming you". Maybe I'm splitting hairs. LOL.

Pacific Breeze is and has been less expensive than Orchid Inn for years and Orchid Inn's website prices are old prices. That's where Eddie misinformed. Geez, I stay a Pacific Breeze every two weeks and at Orchid Inn once a month or so. Like I don't know how much I pay? Duhhhhhhhhhh.

Slippery
07-25-13, 17:39
For years X you split hairs, getting to the point of being placed on moderation. Perhaps I have legitimate reasons for spending some time in AC. Perhaps you're envious. I do believe I provided some useful information in comparing and contrasting the two places. You take offense at the use of the word "misinformed." It wasn't even directed at you so who's "rattling cages?" I stand on what I said about prices and don't really care if you agree or not.

Fast Eddie 48
07-25-13, 21:44
Pacific Breeze is and has been less expensive than Orchid Inn for years and Orchid Inn's website prices are old prices. That's where Eddie misinformed. Geez, I stay a Pacific Breeze every two weeks and at Orchid Inn once a month or so. Like I don't know how much I pay? Duhhhhhhhhhh.To Slippery,

I stay at Orchid about 6 month ago Standard room is 1580 p w cash discount paid upfront, Last year I stay at PB Deluxe room is 1900p is more now, so don't screw up again hope you are taking about Orchid inn not the Wild Orchid resort, I just recommend JC travel paid more Peso and stay in PB is worth the extra money a better hotel than Orchid inn.

Fast Eddie 48

Slippery
07-26-13, 02:00
To Slippery,

I stay at Orchid about 6 month ago Standard room is 1580 p w cash discount paid upfront, Last year I stay at PB Deluxe room is 1900p is more now, so don't screw up again hope you are taking about Orchid inn not the Wild Orchid resort, I just recommend JC travel paid more Peso and stay in PB is worth the extra money a better hotel than Orchid inn.

Fast Eddie 48PPeace bro. Some people just like to start pi$$ing matches. But PB is still less expensive by about $10. 00 a night and a nicer place. I'm certainly not talking about Wild Orchid. I never stayed there. Maybe we both have things bassackwaydrs. I just stay at Pacific Breeze and Orchid s Inn so that's why I remarked with personal experience in the last three weeks. . Sorry that X was so offended. Nothing directed at you. Our antagonist will probably remark though . Our antogonist does'nt like either place. Both are probably too expensive.

X Man
07-26-13, 14:39
"our antagonist" "sorry that X was offended" "our antagonist will probably remark" "both are probably too expensive (for the antagonist).

Are people learning to debate on the Internet, or is this Fox News syndrom? LOL.

I've done reviews here at ISG, including pictures, for both hotels. Eddie may not have been especially informative, nor completely accurate, but he did not "misinform" people when he made a remark that suggested rooms at pb are more expensive than oi. Having stayed at both hotels, I think OI offers better value for roughly the same priced rooms. That is MY opinion and I'm not trying to say that anyone else's opinion is wrong.

I've also stayed at Wild Orchid. Orchid Inn and WO are both owned by the same group and it does cause confusion. WO is newer, bigger and is much more expensive. The cheaper rooms (which are not cheap) are quite small. But have nicely located mirrors. This place, as well as the WO in Olongapo (at Subic Bay) , have massive pools.

PB and OI also have pools. I like the OI pool better, but that is only my (in capital letters) opinion. If someone were to say that PB pool is bigger, I would probably agree, but I don't think it's better. Peace. X.

PPeace bro. Some people just like to start pi$$ing matches. But PB is still less expensive by about $10. 00 a night and a nicer place. I'm certainly not talking about Wild Orchid. I never stayed there. Maybe we both have things bassackwaydrs. I just stay at Pacific Breeze and Orchid s Inn so that's why I remarked with personal experience in the last three weeks. Sorry that X was so offended. Nothing directed at you. Our antagonist will probably remark though . Our antogonist does'nt like either place. Both are probably too expensive.

E Z Rhino
07-28-13, 12:55
Stayed here July 2013 for several nights. This hotel is 6 or 8 blocks south from the end of Fields at McArthur. It was about 2800 pesos per night, booked directly off the internet, which was less than the same booking through hotels. Com. This included breakfast and dinner. The dinner was quite good (for Philippines) and was the reason I didn't switch to another hotel. Included wifi worked fine.

During this off-season, they seemed to be in transition. Finally refurbishing the rest of their rooms, and replacing the last CRT TVs with flat panels. I guess the pool is finished but its not integrated with the hotel, you cross a bit of parking lot to get there. Gym is not finished either. Place is attached to a new disco or two, which pump up the bass until 4 or 5 AM on Friday and Saturday nights, making many of the rooms uninhabitable. Some rooms have no windows. Bed was firm but fine. Girl friendly, natch.

They couldn't arrange a late night CRK pickup, suggested I take a taxi for 500 pesos, which I did. For return flight I took the jeepney out to CRK for 12 pesos (plus a bit of a walk).

Its possible to walk out the back of the parking lot and work your way over to A Santos. Past a small trike stand and Cherry's Bar. But I didn't feel safe trying this after dark, so then you must take the long way around on McArthur (many cars, few sidewalks) then in past the casino. Either way you're really not in the middle of the action, and have a longer walk at night.

Bottom line, this may be a 3 star hotel, but its just a bit disjointed, and just a bit too far out of the way. Next time I will stay right on (or within a block or two of) Fields or Perimeter. Still not sure where. Wild Orchid quoted me 3900 in person. I'll do more internet research next time.

http://centuryhotelangeles.com/
Century Complex Driveway.
Angeles City 2009, Philippines.
+63 45 322 4888

Sammon
07-28-13, 16:32
Stayed here July 2013 for several nights. This hotel is 6 or 8 blocks south from the end of Fields at McArthur. It was about 2800 pesos per night, booked directly off the internet, which was less than the same booking through hotels. Com. This included breakfast and dinner. The dinner was quite good (for Philippines) and was the reason I didn't switch to another hotel. Included wifi worked fine.

During this off-season, they seemed to be in transition. Finally refurbishing the rest of their rooms, and replacing the last CRT TVs with flat panels. I guess the pool is finished but its not integrated with the hotel, you cross a bit of parking lot to get there. Gym is not finished either. Place is attached to a new disco or two, which pump up the bass until 4 or 5 AM on Friday and Saturday nights, making many of the rooms uninhabitable. Some rooms have no windows. Bed was firm but fine. Girl friendly, natch.

They couldn't arrange a late night CRK pickup, suggested I take a taxi for 500 pesos, which I did. For return flight I took the jeepney out to CRK for 12 pesos (plus a bit of a walk).

Its possible to walk out the back of the parking lot and work your way over to A Santos. Past a small trike stand and Cherry's Bar. But I didn't feel safe trying this after dark, so then you must take the long way around on McArthur (many cars, few sidewalks) then in past the casino. Either way you're really not in the middle of the action, and have a longer walk at night.

Bottom line, this may be a 3 star hotel, but its just a bit disjointed, and just a bit too far out of the way. Next time I will stay right on (or within a block or two of) Fields or Perimeter. Still not sure where. Wild Orchid quoted me 3900 in person. I'll do more internet research next time.

http://centuryhotelangeles.com/

Century Complex Driveway.

Angeles City 2009, Philippines.

+63 45 322 4888The price looks good which includes breakfast and dinner buffet. My question is it for two people? This way food is taken care of for two and only lunch needs to be bought. Then it is a good deal. Walk from near the Casino to fields is ok till about 11 PM. After that better take a trike. I did walk from the Casino many times along mccarthur late at night after gambling. Nobody really bothered me except one time couple of ladyboys asked me if I like company. I just kept walking.
I have used the short cut to santos few times during the day. The road winds through local housing. Once again this route is not advisable at night.

I believe this hotel has the same entrance as the Casino.

E Z Rhino
07-28-13, 17:14
The price looks good which includes breakfast and dinner buffet. My question is it for two people? This way food is taken care of for two and only lunch needs to be bought. Then it is a good deal. Walk from near the Casino to fields is ok till about 11 PM. After that better take a trike. I did walk from the Casino many times along mccarthur late at night after gambling. Nobody really bothered me except one time couple of ladyboys asked me if I like company. I just kept walking.

I have used the short cut to santos few times during the day. The road winds through local housing. Once again this route is not advisable at night. I believe this hotel has the same entrance as the Casino.I was traveling solo so I don't know what their deal was for two... check their website or just call them. Things seem in flux there. Right now they have 2 classes of rooms, but they may be upgrading them all. Century has the same car entrance of McArthur, but is a separate building from the casino, nestled behind it. Yeah walking along MacArthur my concern was more, getting run over, than getting robbed. Plus thinking, if I were on the strip I'd be home by now. Maybe in some ways there are better deals or more luxury if you go further a-field (so to speak). For my next trip I just want to be in the thick of things.

BrainDrain
07-29-13, 04:41
Hotel is under renovation. Currently only levels 7 & 8 are being used for guests. Hotel rooms are fine. Quite clean and OK. Location is walking distance to Fields. Hotel has a free shuttle which is available from 10am each day. Most trikes and girls know this place as Mint Hotel.

Breakfast available at the rooftop. Served in an aircon breakfast room. Cooked full breakfast was P295 from memory.

Staff are OK but don't have the same professional edge as say the ABC Hotel. Then again, it is one third of the price. Price I booked at Mint was USD40 per night (ABC would have been USD115).

Reception offers a security box service. Meaning that passports are sealed into an envelope and put into their safe. Not as convenient as an in-room safe as I find the in-room safe I also use for managing the daily cash supply where as here I was relying on hiding my cash in my special hiding place.

Location is OK, choice of a few coffee shops around the place. Quite a few restaurants, Yellow Cab pizza across the road. Not as much foot traffic as staying closer to Fields.

Got quite annoyed at night though. The walls are quite thin. The TV from the adjoining rooms can come through and interrupt the sleep. I ended up using ear plugs. Not ideal.

Would I stay again, yes I would stay when on a budget. It's budget priced at the moment and good quality rooms.

Happy travels.

FLT09
09-03-13, 03:52
I have been RTTF and have noticed a few hotels that seem good. I will be going to AC later this month. I noticed a few have renovations going on. Anybody have a particular place they like to stay at? I usually go for a place in between $50-60.

As for Pacific Breeze. Has anyone stayed in one of the jacuzzi rooms?

I will keep RTTF and get as much info as I can, but any suggestions are well appreciated.

FLT.

Buko Max
09-03-13, 05:10
Hotel is under renovation. Currently only levels 7 & 8 are being used for guests. Hotel rooms are fine. Quite clean and OK. Location is walking distance to Fields. Hotel has a free shuttle which is available from 10am each day. Most trikes and girls know this place as Mint Hotel.Do they offer free airport pick-up?

Fast Eddie 48
09-03-13, 06:17
I have been RTTF and have noticed a few hotels that seem good. I will be going to AC later this month. I noticed a few have renovations going on. Anybody have a particular place they like to stay at? I usually go for a place in between $50-60.

As for Pacific Breeze. Has anyone stayed in one of the jacuzzi rooms?

I will keep RTTF and get as much info as I can, but any suggestions are well appreciated.

FLT.To FLT109.

I am at AC now staying at Devera hotel only open 2 yr nice hotel standard starting at 1350p always full, there are 2 new hotel opening this month the penthouse and queen hotel so business is good the demand is strong, the Jacuzzi room at pacific breeze is small not worth the money.

Fast Eddie 48.

Fast Eddie 48

Slippery
09-03-13, 09:54
I'm in Pacific Breeze as I write this although in a regular room. I have however stayed in their Jacuzzi rooms in the past. Jacuzzi rooms are simply a larger room with Jacuzzi in them. As per Jacuzzi, I can take it or leave it. Price, comfort and service are my primary considerations and PB is excellent with those.

Here's your word of caution with PB. PB consists of 2 buildings, the main building and the annex across the street. The annex is three floors without an elevator. At my age and in my orthopedic condition, I hate stairs. The main building is much more convenient and if you make a reservation, tell them you want the main building and they will do everything they can to accommodate you. BTW the Jacuzzi rooms are in the main building.

Finally, PB gives a 10% discount if you pay cash up front. If they ask for a CC to make a reservation, pay cash when you get here.

FLT09
09-03-13, 14:42
Thanks for the tip Slip and Fast Eddie.

The jacuzzi seemed tempting. I was picturing some fun I could have in a room like that. I will check out Devera as well, thanks for the tip.

Edit: After checking out Devera I sent in a reservation. What type of room are you staying in? I Went for one of the jacuzzi rooms, just can't get that thought out of my head now. Hopefully rooms will be available.

FLT.

Fast Eddie 48
09-03-13, 17:30
Thanks for the tip Slip and Fast Eddie.

The jacuzzi seemed tempting. I was picturing some fun I could have in a room like that. I will check out Devera as well, thanks for the tip.

Edit: After checking out Devera I sent in a reservation. What type of room are you staying in? I Went for one of the jacuzzi rooms, just can't get that thought out of my head now. Hopefully rooms will be available.

FLT.

To FLT.

I am stay at the standard 1350 a night small room on a budget this trip the Jacuzzi room is larger no sure the cost, if can afford ABC Jacuzzi room is the best in town and very expensive.

Fast Eddie 48

FLT09
09-03-13, 17:52
To FLT.

I am stay at the standard 1350 a night small room on a budget this trip the Jacuzzi room is larger no sure the cost, if can afford ABC Jacuzzi room is the best in town and very expensive.

Fast Eddie 48I booked 5 nights there. I could only get 3 nights, p2700 a night, in an executive jacuzzi, so the last 2 nights I went with the junior suite, p3750 a night. I figured I would roll the dice and see how it goes. Being the birthday week I figured I would splurge a bit more, hopefully it is worth it LOL. ABC would be nice but more than I am willing to spend though.

If you hear or see anything that would make a person think twice while you are there let me know. Thanks again.

FLT.

Sad Sam
09-28-13, 16:53
I am looking for the newly remodeled places that are in the 1500-1800 range for good size rooms with large beds and close to the action. Unfortunately Devera and Infinity are both full. I am trying to decide between these two. Any one have experience with either of these? I haven't seen these mentioned much.

Thanks

YG365
09-29-13, 12:19
Currently staying at the Devera Hotel. Great staff that's very accommodating. The rooms are of satisfaction as well. Distance to Walking Street isn't far either with the location of the hotel right next to ABC Hotel and Pony Tail's.

Only cons of the hotel are the tiny bathrooms, the elevator and lack of pool or gym I suppose. If you're a big dude, good luck trying to squeeze on to that tiny toilet! Also the shower doesn't have a door or curtain. So if you're a big dude, the bathroom floors going to get wet fast! Although I like the price of the hotel, I think I might stay at one with a hotel the next time I'm here.

Titanio
09-29-13, 22:22
It is just a great hotel, convenient to Fields and Walking street, but still in a quiet area, and even safe enough to walk home any time of the night. Oh, and they cdo a gesat breakfadt as well at the pool bar.

Fast Eddie 48
09-29-13, 23:12
Currently staying at the Devera Hotel. Great staff that's very accommodating. The rooms are of satisfaction as well. Distance to Walking Street isn't far either with the location of the hotel right next to ABC Hotel and Pony Tail's.

Only cons of the hotel are the tiny bathrooms, the elevator and lack of pool or gym I suppose. If you're a big dude, good luck trying to squeeze on to that tiny toilet! Also the shower doesn't have a door or curtain. So if you're a big dude, the bathroom floors going to get wet fast! Although I like the price of the hotel, I think I might stay at one with a hotel the next time I'm here.To YG365.

If you want a big shower stay at the royal apartelle above the Camelot you can fit about 6 girl in the shower but bathroom is run down need remodeling, I stay at Devera a few week ago I like the rain shower yes the standard room is small but very clean.

Fast Eddie 48

YG365
09-29-13, 23:42
To YG365.

If you want a big shower stay at the royal apartelle above the Camelot you can fit about 6 girl in the shower but bathroom is run down need remodeling, I stay at Devera a few week ago I like the rain shower yes the standard room is small but very clean.

Fast Eddie 48Ya. I like the rain shower as well and how clean to hotel is. I guess I've been spoiled because I usually stay the ABC or Lewis Grand Hotel. I just went the cheaper route this trip because I'm staying for a longer time.

I really think 5-7 days is ideal for a trip to Angeles.

BrainDrain
09-30-13, 03:49
Do they offer free airport pick-up?Oops, apologies just saw this message. I know they have a shuttle service. I'll look for my email history and find out.

BrainDrain
10-01-13, 01:58
Do they offer free airport pick-up?The airport pick-up is included in the room accommodation. Just email the hotel prior to your arrival.

Buko Max
10-04-13, 12:57
Have stayed in both of these properties but not lately. Here are my short reviews:

Medgar

This hotel was built five+ years ago and is fil-am owned. Very quiet and closer to perimeter road bars. During the rainy season, the road is subject to flooding. Every room has a kitchenette if you like cooking your own grub. The beds are above average size with box springs. They have an entertainment room perfect for watching American football during the season.

950 Condotel

Located directly on Fields above JJ's Supermarket making it a great location. Next door to Margarita Station. Hard to tell there is even a hotel here. My standard room had no windows and was small so you might want to book a deluxe. They have a great rooftop resto perfect for watching the sunset and getting the night started!

Buko Max
10-04-13, 13:04
The airport pick-up is included in the room accommodation. Just email the hotel prior to your arrival.Thanks BD! I'll give them a shot next time I'm in town since I'm a BW rewards member.

Capistrano
10-04-13, 14:18
Heard from the news that Clark Airport will be open for international flights like NAIA, it was a good news for Angeles City, Balikbayans will have a stop-over there for some fun.

Stroker Ace88
10-13-13, 03:29
Heard from the news that Clark Airport will be open for international flights like NAIA, it was a good news for Angeles City, Balikbayans will have a stop-over there for some fun.Clark has had International flights for a loooong time. You need to RTFF / Internet more.

This is not breaking news.

Dg8787
10-13-13, 08:21
Does anyone have any info or report on the remodeled Queens Hotel and Restaurant? As far as price, quality and service?

Switched
10-14-13, 07:37
Heard from the news that Clark Airport will be open for international flights like NAIA, it was a good news for Angeles City, Balikbayans will have a stop-over there for some fun.You can get an idea of Origins and airlines here: http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus/flightStatusByAirport.do?airportCode=CRK&airportQueryType=0

Mostly budget airlines and incoming flights are few and far between.