PDA

View Full Version : Angeles City Hotels & Accomodations

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Llantarnam
02-06-15, 19:41
Was in AC during March last year and stayed at ABC. A nice enough place but the decor was a bit over the top and the pool a bit disappointing.

I am thinking of returning next March and was interested by the Queens hotel. Nice looking place, a bit closer to the action and cheaper than ABC. Has anyone tried this place. What is the pool like?After a lot of uming and ahing have almost decided on accommodation for my March trip.

ABC was nice, but think I will go for Queens this time. Significantly cheaper and management have confirmed that for a 5 day booking there is 15% discount for cash.

X Man
02-07-15, 15:10
That cash discount is applied for one day also. I like queens.

After a lot of uming and ahing have almost decided on accommodation for my March trip.

ABC was nice, but think I will go for Queens this time. Significantly cheaper and management have confirmed that for a 5 day booking there is 15% discount for cash.

RumBuddy
02-23-15, 17:33
My 1st stay in AC. At Devera Hotel. I'm happy at this location. It is in the middle of everything. Good bars, just a stones throw away, Walking street a few blocks away. I like the hotel. I didn't let the guy clean the room today as I started having vistors at 10 am. I simply asked for additional soap and towels, gave him 50 pesos. Later asked for some other things. I need him to clean the room tomorrow, because I seized the day today in AC.

RumBuddy
03-07-15, 20:41
My 1st stay in AC. At Devera Hotel. I'm happy at this location. It is in the middle of everything. Good bars, just a stones throw away, Walking street a few blocks away. I like the hotel. I didn't let the guy clean the room today as I started having vistors at 10 am. I simply asked for additional soap and towels, gave him 50 pesos. Later asked for some other things. I need him to clean the room tomorrow, because I seized the day today in AC.I liked the Devera Hotel, but I didn't like the fact it had such a small bathroom. It is not a deal breaker for my soon upcoming return, but I wish I knew of a better alternative.

Fast Eddie 48
03-09-15, 00:16
I liked the Devera Hotel, but I didn't like the fact it had such a small bathroom. It is not a deal breaker for my soon upcoming return, but I wish I knew of a better alternative.To RumBuddy.

I don't think you can get a nicer and cleaner hotel room in AC anymore for less than 1350 p,the Devera is still one of the best deal in AC I agree the room is small and they are always book full in advance.

Fast eddie 48.

SaltyPete
03-14-15, 12:15
My first trip to AC occurred during the last 3 days of Feb, 2015. I arrived in Manila at about 10:15 pm and had a driver from Margarita Station awaiting me. Since I always travel standby, I did not make an advanced reservation so I called Central Parks in the car and made a reservation for one night (about $75). I arrived at Central Park at 12:45 am.

The Central Park Towers is quite new. The clerk ran my credit card when I checked in, but said it was declined (which got me quite pissed off at my bank). I called the bank later and they said they did not show a declined transaction, so it was on the hotel's end. Inexperienced clerk? So I paid cash for the first night along with a P1000 deposit. The next day I was able to charge two more nights on my CC. The room was clean, and the curtains did a good job of keeping it dark during the day. But the bathroom smelled like raw sewage, particularly during the hot afternoon. I don't know if that is a general problem or specific to this hotel. I covered the floor drain and shower drain with trash cans but that didn't help and the whole room stank in the afternoons. The Air Cond was OK; it was able to barely keep the room cool. But the problem is that they only provide one key card (they will not give another, even if requested) and the room power / Air Cond is only "on" when the card is in its holder slot; so it takes awhile to cool down. Again, this may be the case with most hotels in AC, I couldn't say. I wasn't the only guest to routinely "forget" my key in my room, and even then they wouldn't provide another key, but would send security up to let me in.

I went to the rooftop bar one evening and liked it. A lot of local Filipinos go there in groups, and there were a few cute single ladies in couples as well (not pros, from what I gather). It is very cheap compared to the equivalent in Sukh Soi 11, Bangkok. I paid P350/$11 for two drinks and a plate of fried chicken and fries for the girl I was with. In a Soi 11 roof top bar, that would get you one cocktail.

I tried to check out at 11:50 am and it was quite a lengthy process. I was told to sit down while they checked my room; they would call me up. I waited for them to call me for 35 minutes, then went up to the counter on my own since I was in a hurry to catch my bus to Manila. In the rush, I forgot to ask for my P1000 cash deposit back. I like to think the clerk forgot as well, but who knows, most likely she got herself a nice P1000 tip.

Anyway, because of the smell and single key card, I will try a different hotel next time. Do most hotel rooms smell like sewage? I was glad I didn't suffer from a hangover as the smell would have been intolerable.

X Man
03-14-15, 16:57
Good post. Great rooftop with infinity pool, but confirm that the reception service is lousy and I also noticed the drain system odor. I think I was on the third floor.

My first trip to AC occurred during the last 3 days of Feb, 2015. I arrived in Manila at about 10:15 pm and had a driver from Margarita Station awaiting me. Since I always travel standby, I did not make an advanced reservation so I called Central Parks in the car and made a reservation for one night (about $75). I arrived at Central Park at 12:45 am.

The Central Park Towers is quite new. The clerk ran my credit card when I checked in, but said it was declined (which got me quite pissed off at my bank). I called the bank later and they said they did not show a declined transaction, so it was on the hotel's end. Inexperienced clerk? So I paid cash for the first night along with a P1000 deposit. The next day I was able to charge two more nights on my CC. The room was clean, and the curtains did a good job of keeping it dark during the day. But the bathroom smelled like raw sewage, particularly during the hot afternoon. I don't know if that is a general problem or specific to this hotel. I covered the floor drain and shower drain with trash cans but that didn't help and the whole room stank in the afternoons. The Air Cond was OK; it was able to barely keep the room cool. But the problem is that they only provide one key card (they will not give another, even if requested) and the room power / Air Cond is only "on" when the card is in its holder slot; so it takes awhile to cool down. Again, this may be the case with most hotels in AC, I couldn't say. I wasn't the only guest to routinely "forget" my key in my room, and even then they wouldn't provide another key, but would send security up to let me in.

I went to the rooftop bar one evening and liked it. A lot of local Filipinos go there in groups, and there were a few cute single ladies in couples as well (not pros, from what I gather). It is very cheap compared to the equivalent in Sukh Soi 11, Bangkok. I paid P350/$11 for two drinks and a plate of fried chicken and fries for the girl I was with. In a Soi 11 roof top bar, that would get you one cocktail.

I tried to check out at 11:50 am and it was quite a lengthy process. I was told to sit down while they checked my room; they would call me up. I waited for them to call me for 35 minutes, then went up to the counter on my own since I was in a hurry to catch my bus to Manila. In the rush, I forgot to ask for my P1000 cash deposit back. I like to think the clerk forgot as well, but who knows, most likely she got herself a nice P1000 tip.

Anyway, because of the smell and single key card, I will try a different hotel next time. Do most hotel rooms smell like sewage? I was glad I didn't suffer from a hangover as the smell would have been intolerable.

Dick Hertz
03-14-15, 17:17
Have anyone stayed in this place. I see mixed reviews on trip advisor so I am not sure if I should stay there.

Dg8787
03-14-15, 17:23
Good post. Great rooftop with infinity pool, but confirm that the reception service is lousy and I also noticed the drain system odor. I think I was on the third floor.Sounds like or smells like they didn't use a P-trap in the drains. Not so uncommon in older buildings but this is a new building.

ConquerorVal
03-14-15, 17:28
Stayed at ABC hotel for nine nights, and I have to admit it is a nice hotel, but way overpriced. I would not pay this kind of money again, but it is popular with the girls and the service is flawless. The food is also good. Never used their shuttle as I walked pretty well everywhere. Their adult channels were disappointing, as the quality of the movies was poor-cheapDVD versions. Stayed six nights in the standard room, and three nights in the new wing with jacuzzi, etc; Not worth the difference in cost (x2). Next time it will be Queens or Amsterdam hotel. Master Monger showed me his pad, with two levels, bathrooms (2) for quarter of the cost of ABC, but I think you need a bike to access the action places. For a first timer, not a bad place but definitely an expensive option.

Mogwai
03-15-15, 03:44
But the bathroom smelled like raw sewage, particularly during the hot afternoon. I don't know if that is a general problem or specific to this hotel. I covered the floor drain and shower drain with trash cans but that didn't help and the whole room stank in the afternoons. The Air Cond was OK; it was able to barely keep the room cool. But the problem is that they only provide one key card (they will not give another, even if requested) and the room power / Air Cond is only "on" when the card is in its holder slot; so it takes awhile to cool down. Again, this may be the case with most hotels in AC, I couldn't say. I wasn't the only guest to routinely "forget" my key in my room, and even then they wouldn't provide another key, but would send security up to let me in.

SNIP

Anyway, because of the smell and single key card, I will try a different hotel next time. Do most hotel rooms smell like sewage? I was glad I didn't suffer from a hangover as the smell would have been intolerable.I've been to the Phils 6 times now and I've stayed in quite a lot of hotels but so far only one of them provided 2 key cards. But I have to say I never asked for a second card myself. Electricity is expensive in the Phils and there are often brown outs so I can understand they don't like it when people leave the aircon on when they are not in the room. And it's also better for the environment of course.

Most hotel rooms don't smell like sewage. I've had that problem only once, in the Queens Hotel in Angeles.

ConquerorVal
03-15-15, 04:10
Most hotel rooms don't smell like sewage. I've had that problem only once, in the Queens Hotel in Angeles.If that's the case I will have to rethink Queens Hotel for my next visit. Thanks for the heads up.

Red Kilt
03-15-15, 05:44
. . . . <. SNIP.> But the problem is that they only provide one key card (they will not give another, even if requested) and the room power / Air Cond is only "on" when the card is in its holder slot; so it takes awhile to cool down. Again, this may be the case with most hotels in AC, I couldn't say. I wasn't the only guest to routinely "forget" my key in my room, and even then they wouldn't provide another key, but would send security up to let me in.
I always carry several old expired plastic credit cards / driver's licence with me to use in the key card slot. Most times it works. I even used 3 or 4 business cards (cardboard) bundled together to trigger the card slot.

I encountered a newer hotel in Sydney last year that was using a key card slot with a sensor in it that works ONLY with the specific room card, so my solution didn't work in that case. I have never yet had a situation in the Phils where it didn't work.

Just as an aside; I can understand a bad room smell to deter a guest from returning, but to be so concerned about being given only one key card without thinking of some way around it and then letting it get to you so much that you write about it seems a bit sad.

Oosik
03-15-15, 06:16
I encountered a newer hotel in Sydney last year that was using a key card slot with a sensor in it that works ONLY with the specific room card, so my solution didn't work in that case.I've run into two of those so far, including my current place in Pattaya. The first place was a BKK hotel / apartment that I rented for a month, so paid my own electricity. They had no problem giving me a second card. Still working on it here. The magic is in a key FOB, not the key itself, and I am baffled.

Hopefully as these things become more common a hacking industry will spawn, like radar detectors versus radar, and we will all have a wallet full of cards to try.

SaltyPete
03-15-15, 13:52
Just as an aside; I can understand a bad room smell to deter a guest from returning, but to be so concerned about being given only one key card without thinking of some way around it and then letting it get to you so much that you write about it seems a bit sad.I tried a couple of different personal cards in the key holder and have had success in the past, but that did not work here. I wouldn't have had a problem with the room not powered during my absence if the AC was strong enough to cool it back down in a reasonable time upon my return. That, and more importantly the smell, deter me from returning. I'll spot them the poor customer service since they are a new establishment. I must say that everyone was really friendly. Just not well trained.

SaltyPete
03-15-15, 19:05
...given only one key card without thinking of some way around it and then letting it get to you so much that you write about it seems a bit sad.Red Kilt,

As an aside to your aside, if you re-read my original post, you'd see that I did think of some way around it. Leaving it in the key holder and getting security to let me back in. Still, it was a PITA.

If you do not think my information is significant, that's cool, but others might. Apparently, here you get busted for not contributing; or dinged for contributing too much.

Red Kilt
03-16-15, 03:10
Red Kilt,

As an aside to your aside, if you re-read my original post, you'd see that I did think of some way around it. Leaving it in the key holder and getting security to let me back in. Still, it was a PITA.

If you do not think my information is significant, that's cool, but others might. Apparently, here you get busted for not contributing; or dinged for contributing too much.For someone with 1 post (now 3), you are over-reacting.

If you go back and check out my 2000 plus posts you will see that most if not all are designed to assist others.

Your information about a bad smell in the room was important for others and I acknowledged it as such.

You went on at length about how you couldn't get 2 keys blah blah blah and it seemed that this had spoiled your fun, because no where did you refer to girls or mongering or having fun.

To come on a site like this, make ONE post and then get snarky because someone tells you to lighten up a bit tells me you are going to struggle to enjoy yourself in the Phils.

Oosik
03-16-15, 06:22
I think it is important to clarify that, as shown by RK's commenting on it with suggested fixes, the information that the hotel won't issue second key cards is useful. This is, after all, the Hotels & Accomodations (sic) thread. With the reportedly poor air conditioning it would be a deal killer for me, but we all have our own peculiarities. My home is generally about 40 Celsius cooler than AC at this time of year. His issue is the dwelling on the matter. There are various thresholds of verbosity tolerance. Heaven knows I've been excoriated in the (recent) past and will again in the future.

Soapy Smith
03-16-15, 10:33
This is, after all, the Hotels & Accomodations (sic) thread. You are obviously more observant than most of us. And for some time I have meant to comment on your great handle. I actually have an oosik. I will leave it at that.

Oosik
03-16-15, 11:52
You are obviously more observant than most of us. And for some time I have meant to comment on your great handle. I actually have an oosik. I will leave it at that.A friend of mine had one. His mother-in-law came to visit. He told her it was an Eskimo tradition to kiss them for good luck. He didn't tell her what it was. He's divorced now. Don't know if that was related.

SaltyPete
03-16-15, 13:38
Another significantly insignificant annoyance with the Grand Central that I forgot to cry about. They use a PA system on each floor to call Housekeeping to a room for check-out inspection. So if you are trying to catch up on sleep after a 30+ hour journey, expect to hear "Housekeeping to Room XXX, Housekeeping to Room XXX" periodically through the hours of 9 am-12.

Regards,

Sniff and the Tears.

X Man
03-17-15, 11:03
Two things. First, if you aren't in the room, you shouldn't have the ac on. Toughen up guys! It doesn't take long for the room to cool down after you return. Salty Pete, please don't waste energy. And, hug a tree while you're at it! LOL.

But this key card exchange reminded me of something else at Central Park. I want a second card so that I can charge my toys when I'm away -- not for the AC. WHen I explained this at Central Park reception, they offered the 2nd card. But for a fee! I just laughed.

I got a good rate when I was there, I think it was 2,800 pesos. I doubt I would pay much more than that, but the rooftop vibe is really great. They must have opened the (inside) restaurant by now. Any reviews or comments?

Since I hit on rooftops, ABC has a rooftop bar which I didn't care for much. I haven't been there in a few years though.

Queens has an interesting rooftop bar (the name is Living Room) which wasn't very popular in Dec14. But maybe these places get busy in the wee hours when ISGers bring the barfine home. I was there for sunset -- also known as happy hour.

There is also a rooftop bar and restaurant above the supermarket there on the main drag. The name of the supermarket escapes me. Decent and cheap Filipino food, she'll love it. X.

Capt Munch
03-17-15, 16:20
the ( Central Park ) rooftop vibe is really great. I have been thee a couple of times. . . . agree that it is a nice escape from the local street scene and the other restaurants. Food was OK also.

There is also a rooftop bar and restaurant above the supermarket there on the main drag. The name of the supermarket escapes me. Decent and cheap Filipino food, she'll love it. X.TUGS Restaurant is on the 5th floor above JJ's Supermarket (next to Margarita Station) It does have elevator access which is just inside the JJ's Supermarket on the left as you go in. Once you get up to the restaurant level, there are a spiral staircase that will take you up to the rooftop.

As X Man says the food is more Filipino oriented and is just fine. Like the Central Park, it is nice to get away from the street hustle. A good place to take a date or meet up with friends and enjoy a nice dinner.

The Penthouse Hotel also has a rooftop area that is around the pool and you can eat in small covered seating areas. Food was good the last time I ate there. Access is by elevator but it seems to me that there may have a step or two down to the pool area. There may have been a ramp that I didn't notice.

Any of these offer a slight change of pace.

Munch.

WWLL
04-02-15, 13:45
Central Park Tower review.

Three pics at.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g469410-d7383225-r262292559-Central_Park_Tower_Resort-Angeles_City_Pampanga_Province_Central_Luzon_Region_Lu.html

I stayed in Room 818 for 15 days in February 2015.

Central Park Tower is spectacular. It is opulent yet not gaudy. Marble everywhere and granite tops in the bathroom.

These are the major good points:

View. The view from Room 818 is to the west and north. I could see most of the western part of Angeles City, SM Clark, and the mountains beyond. Sometimes I can see airplanes landing and taking off. I even caught a hot-air balloon festival though there were only 20 balloons and they flew for 30 minutes or less.

Location. Central Park Tower is about two blocks from the center of the entertainment district. It is far enough to be less noisy.

Clean- The hotel is absolutely clean.

Internet access. Included, stable and reasonably fast.

Bed. The bed was really comfortable. There is no blanket. The bedspread is plastic.

Air-conditioning. Powerful yet quiet and controllable.

The staff. The staff is unfailingly pleasant and helpful. They greet me by my first name, even in the street.

OK.

There is a restaurant on the top, 11th, floor with a pool. I tried the restaurant three times. I had breakfast there the first day, 250 pesos plus 45 pesos for a second cup of coffee. I had to run to the bathroom immediately. One evening I tried a chicken club sandwich and it took 45 minutes. On the last day after I checked out I had pancit canton. Again it took 45 minutes but it was piping hot.

The devil is in the details. I offer the following nitpicks for the benefit of the hotel owners. Central Park Tower was not fully open when I stayed there.

- The bathroom is beautiful, with a bathtub and a huge shower area. There is a rainforest shower and a regular shower. The problem is that it takes a long time, 5 to 10 minutes for the hot water to arrive and then I could not change it to warm or cold. The reason is that they use cheap hardware from China. How do I know this? The sink has the flip-coin type of stopper that was invented in China and probably patented.

- The gym is not yet operational. Guests use the gym at Pacific Breeze and that gym is up three sets of stairs.

- The front desk communicates with housekeeping staff via a loud public address system. This disturbs all the guests. They should switch to a walkie-talkie system.

- The bath towels are huge and thick but only two are supplied. There should be some hand towels and face clothe.

- Lighting for reading in bed is poor.

- The refrigerator is the size of my backpack.

- There is no hair dryer.

- There needs to be a booklet that detail the services offered by the hotel.

- The LG television is about 32 inches but the focus is off so text cannot be read. The set is mounted so that the HDMI port cannot be accessed.

"Hello. This is Guy. I am one of the managers / owners of the hotel. I hope that you don't mind me answering for Annie. I first want to thank you for the email and for the candid review of the Central Park Tower. We understand that we are not perfect and we welcome the feedback so that we know where we can improve. With regards to a few of the issues you mentioned, I would like to clarify a couple of facts that may not have been properly addressed by the staff.

1/ Although we don't put hair dryers in every room. They are available as requested if you just call the front desk.

2/ As for the lavatory / shower hardware, you are right in assuming that it came from China, but it was far from cheap. The fixtures we purchased were mid to upper price range. There were many choices at half the price but we did not select them. Why would be spend so much on marble and cheapen it with a Kmart branded plumbing device? We actually like the simplicity and robustness of the flipper type lavatory stopper.

3/ Hand towels are also available in the rooms by request if you call the front desk. However, we are already considering adding them to every room.

3/ We are currently writing the text for the information booklet. It should be posted in the rooms in the next couple of weeks.

4/ The executive and executive plus type rooms have 39" LED TVs, not 32". As for the clarity of the signal, we are addressing it too.

Again, thank you for the feedback that you have provided. We hope that you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you to Angeles.

Have a Happy Easter.

Guy Breckenridge.

Manager.

Central Park Tower Resort."

Mogwai
04-03-15, 07:02
Central Park Tower review.....

Bed. The bed was really comfortable. There is no blanket. The bedspread is plastic.Plastic, really? That must be very uncomfortable because it's not breathing.

- The gym is not yet operational. Guests use the gym at Pacific Breeze and that gym is up three sets of stairs.You want to go to a gym (!) and then you complain that it's up three sets of stairs? LOL!

PeeMan
04-25-15, 07:16
Howdy all,

Just came back from a 3-week trip. Went all over the Philippines, but spent a lot of time in AC. I stayed at four different places. Here are my thoughts on three of them; the fourth was ABC and there is already a ton of information on that hotel so I won't bore you with additional similar info. These three aren't mentioned much so I thought I would add it in. Just to give you guys more options. I liked the format and reports from Spidy so I thought I would do something simliar. Hopefully you guys find this useful.

Apollonia Reserved through agoda for approx. $30/ night. Seems like a new place. The rooms were immaculate, good water pressure, solid bed, overall a very nice room. The staff was extremely friendly: from the security guard up front (who calls trikes if you need them) to the front desk girls (they call you in the room anytime your "guest" leaves). Even had breakfast there in the tiny restaurant off the lobby-pretty good and prices were not that bad. As far as location, it is a block further from fields / Juico than La Teresita, corner of Felicitas and Federico (off Teodoro St). Most girls (and drivers) had no idea where this was, however; if you get onto Teodoro, you can see the big "Apollonia" sign on the building in the distance. Easy to find from there. Although my friends thought it was a bit far, I thought it was good. I could take the back roads and come out on Raymond (avoiding the beggars and traffic on Juico). Teodoro also has a money exchanger, Laundromat (good service by the way) and if you head to Juico, the pharmacy, 7-11, and JJ's market was all right there. (there is a smaller grocery store on Teodoro). The distance off the main road made this place very quiet (loved it).

Pros: Clean, new, inexpensive, very good value for the $$. Staff was excellent and friendly. Once you are off Juico (or on the back streets coming back from Raymond area) there is a significant drop in beggars and homeless makes the walk back a bit more pleasant.

Cons: Ok minor points: the AC was good, but in my friends room, it was aimed past the bed and towards the front door, so the room took a long time to cool down (mine was aimed low, almost parallel to the bed). Since they only gave 1 key per room, and since they had the typical power "slot" thing for the key, every time you left the room and took the key, the power would shut off (and therefore the AC) leaving the room very hot upon your return. Tried using one of my dive cert cards in the slot...did not work.

Good hunting.Thanks for the useful report. I booked a suite in Appollonia for my may trip, based on your inputs. Got it cheap on Agora.

Now to hunt for a good place at subic.

Cheers.

BrainDrain
05-05-15, 08:52
Over the past few visits I've become a fan of the Devera Hotel. Current rate is P1200 for a basic room. Paid cash and presented passport on arrival but no credit card security required.

Staff were friendly, no questions about visitors. They also call the room if the visitor is leaving or arriving without me.

Only the one lift which can be a little frustrating. Not much faster than the stairs. Free wi-fi. Lots of cable stations. The basic room is pretty small. It's not really livable for an extended visit.

They do offer just one room service per day. So if you need the room made up between visitors it is P550 per time. Alternatively nice polite conversations with housekeeping may get this done much cheaper.

I'll be back.

BD.

Fast Eddie 48
05-05-15, 19:29
Over the past few visits I've become a fan of the Devera Hotel. Current rate is P1200 for a basic room. Paid cash and presented passport on arrival but no credit card security required.

Staff were friendly, no questions about visitors. They also call the room if the visitor is leaving or arriving without me.

Only the one lift which can be a little frustrating. Not much faster than the stairs. Free wi-fi. Lots of cable stations. The basic room is pretty small. It's not really livable for an extended visit.

They do offer just one room service per day. So if you need the room made up between visitors it is P550 per time. Alternatively nice polite conversations with housekeeping may get this done much cheaper.

I'll be back.

BD.To BD.

I like Devera also but the 1200 p J standard is always book solid you need to book 2 month ahead, yes is new the room is clean and bed is nice staff are friendly book direct on their website to get at the best rate and Maggie the manager is very helpful she always give me a hard time if I come back alone know her from back in the central park days.

Fast eddie 48.

BrainDrain
05-06-15, 23:12
To BD.

I like Devera also but the 1200 p J standard is always book solid you need to book 2 month ahead,

Fast eddie 48.Oh, the times I have used them I have just rolled into the counter and paid.

RumBuddy
05-07-15, 01:42
I will stay at Devera again for my trip in a few days. I like it. Very Close to everything. Staff is very friendly. They will get me from Manila, for 2700 p. I have a few girls set up to meet, non bar girls, should be fun. I will update as I go along over the next week or so.

Sammon
05-07-15, 10:03
If you are a non smoker and hate the smell do not stay at Devera.

I stayed there many times at different floors but smoking smell everywhere. Non smoking rooms are for name sake only.

Otherwise clean rooms with nice bed. Breakfast at the roof top restaurant is good.

Dg8787
05-16-15, 20:22
Most hotels give you 2 bath towels a day and wash cloths are unheard of, at least in the budget hotels. The past 4-5 trips I have been bringing extra bath towels and wash cloths as I might go thru 2 or more girls a day. Then I send them out for laundry with my clothes. I have found any half decent bath towels are expensive in Phil. Much cheaper and better quality from home. I have been buying them at Target on sale at less than $4 each. Maybe even less expensive at Walmart.

At first I would bring a couple and then give them away to the last girls before I went home. The girls were so happy. These inexpensive towels are like luxury towels to them. No need to buy the real luxury ones as your laundry cost is by the weight and the girls hand wash them later. These towels are such a favorite that new girls would ask me for them, so I would bring more on each trip. My next trip I am bringing a dozen. LOL. Best colors are raspberry and Aqua. Also don't forget the wash cloths, they love those too!

Member #4387
05-16-15, 22:24
Most hotels give you 2 bath towels a day and wash cloths are unheard of, at least in the budget hotels.This is accurate number needed for a day of mongering:-)

Switched
05-16-15, 22:25

I stayed there many times at different floors but smoking smell everywhere. Non smoking rooms are for name sake only.

Otherwise clean rooms with nice bed. Breakfast at the roof top restaurant is good.I have stayed there 3 or 4 times and must say that smoke has not bothered be.

Once, however, I returned back from Subic a day early and there were no non-smoking rooms available, so I had a junior smoking room for a night. I was rather tired that night and did not have a girl with me so just went to sleep. The room did have a bit of a smoke smell but was bearable, however, as the night went on the smell was worse to the point that I walked out and slept on a lounge in reception until my non smoking room was available.

I will also say that when I make room inquiries, there always seems to be more room choice among smoking room availability, so I am sure that if a smoker wanted a room a smoking room would be available.

Switched
05-16-15, 22:28
Most hotels give you 2 bath towels a day and wash cloths are unheard of, at least in the budget hotels. The past 4-5 trips I have been bringing extra bath towels and wash cloths I try to avoid budget and look for mid-range, however, my issue has always been the size of the towels. I am a big guy and finding a hotel that has large towels is near impossible!

Lou32
05-23-15, 19:24
I've tried info@cpangeles.com but that address doesn't seem to work anymore.

Anybody have another address for them?

Dg8787
05-23-15, 19:53
I try to avoid budget and look for mid-range, however, my issue has always been the size of the towels. I am a big guy and finding a hotel that has large towels is near impossible!Bring your own towels big guy.

Mogwai
05-24-15, 07:47
I've tried info@cpangeles.com but that address doesn't seem to work anymore.

Anybody have another address for them?Use the contact form on their site. Or email the Pacific Breeze, it has the same owner.

info@pacificbreezehotel.com

Lou32
05-24-15, 15:01
Use the contact form on their site. Or email the Pacific Breeze, it has the same owner.

info@pacificbreezehotel.comI used the email address from their site and I forgot that Central Park is owned by Pacific Breeze.

Thanks for the suggestion but I just went ahead and cancelled my reservation.

WestCoast1
05-24-15, 16:25
I try to avoid budget and look for mid-range, however, my issue has always been the size of the towels. I am a big guy and finding a hotel that has large towels is near impossible!Don't depend on hotel towels. As suggested, bring one of your own over-sized towels. I'm not a big guy, but I find the usual 2 towels in the room are not enough for my 3-somes. I tip the maid to leave me an extra towel or two each day.

ConquerorVal
05-24-15, 17:46
Just curious if anyone has stayed at Scorebirds recently, and if the noise from High Society continues to be very loud at night. I may require some beauty sleep! On another another note, it amazes me how much taxes are added to the hotel bills, and how little PI has to show for it. Do the local Pinays get preferential room rates like Indians in India?

WWLL
05-24-15, 20:55
Has anyone tried the food at Apollonia Royale Hotel. The breakfast?

Many thanks.

===========================================

EDITOR's NOTE: This report was originally written in ALL CAPITAL LETTERING and thus was edited to normal case text. Writing in ALL CAPITAL LETTERING in the internet equivalent of shouting and is thus is prohibited on this forum.

In the future, please do not write reports in ALL CAPITAL LETTERING. Thanks!

Nolz7
05-25-15, 14:12
Has anyone tried the food at Apollonia Royale Hotel. The breakfast?

Many thanks.Yes I have and it sucks. Coffee arrived after 30 minutes and it took 1 hour for them to prepare a simple breakfast.

Fast Eddie 48
05-27-15, 02:21
Just curious if anyone has stayed at Scorebirds recently, and if the noise from High Society continues to be very loud at night. I may require some beauty sleep! On another another note, it amazes me how much taxes are added to the hotel bills, and how little PI has to show for it. Do the local Pinays get preferential room rates like Indians in India?To Conquerorval.

I check out the hotel a few month ago it was nice hotel web site said they have a ST room rate for 800 p, I arrive in AC at 3 am looking for a room for a few HR they try to upsell me a a standard room for 2800 p for that price Pacific breeze is next door for just a little more .

Yes most hotel in Manila offer discount Pinoy rate much cheaper than tourist, I am sure they do that in AC also if they have room avalible.

Fast eddie 48.

Kaukaukane
06-26-15, 03:13

I stayed there many times at different floors but smoking smell everywhere. Am a non-smoker & stayed at Devera some 20-30 times & often purchase a can of scented Lysol to tamper the smell of smoke. After repeated spraying of all fabric material, the walls and most importantly the remote head of the air con, you end up with a pretty decent smelling room. Oh, those toilet deodorizing drops also helps mask the stale smoke.

Dg8787
06-28-15, 15:10
Am a non-smoker & stayed at Devera some 20-30 times & often purchase a can of scented Lysol to tamper the smell of smoke. After repeated spraying of all fabric material, the walls and most importantly the remote head of the air con, you end up with a pretty decent smelling room. Oh, those toilet deodorizing drops also helps mask the stale smoke.For me the MASKING of smoke smell is as bad or worse than the smell of old smoke. I can't even stand the smell of smoke in the girl's hair. Have to have her finish in CG!

Naughty
06-29-15, 10:00
I really dislike the smell too but I think the folks at Devera have been making a great effort to get the non-smoking rooms cleaned up. I noticed the odor in staircase but my room was neat, clean, and an excellent value and I didn't detect even the slightest odor in there. YMMV!

ConquerorVal
08-01-15, 00:00
This review has been posted on Tripadvisor couple of days ago. Not sure how much is true. But food for thought anyway.

Exceptional service".

4 of 5 starsReviewed 2 days ago NEW.

A majority of the reviews have covered in detail the quality of service staff which is spot on, and the Hefner styled hotel accommodation facilities. Having visited here on 3 occasions over the past few months, I have got to know some of the staff quite well and their stories of how the hotel treats them is shocking. The hotel outsources its food and beverage as well as its massage services so comments are aimed at those outsourced companies and not the actual hotel company. Examples of exploitation -the bar staff have to buy their own uniforms, get paid only half their wages on time with the balance staggered based on management discretion. In addition, 70% of tips added to the hotel room tab are retained by the company with only 30% going to the staff which is paid to them one month later. The masseuses do not get paid a wage at all and only earn money based on when they perform a massage. They are expected to be be available on premises for work on shifts that start from 12 hours and can extend to 24 hours in a stretch. They earn only a seventh of the advertised massage price.

I am a Top level contributor to this forum but choosing to write this anonymity as I have it on good authority that the personal body guard of the Dutch hotel owner happens to be the local Chief of Police. While exploitation of labour is nothing new, its sad when this occurs at such as celebrated hotel property.

Golfinho
08-01-15, 00:58
This review has been posted on Tripadvisor.Having visited here on 3 occasions over the past few months, I have got to know some of the staff quite well and their stories of how the hotel treats them is shocking.
I am a Top level contributor to this forum but choosing to write this anonymity as I have it on good authority that the personal body guard of the Dutch hotel owner happens to be the local Chief of Police. While exploitation of labour is nothing new, its sad when this occurs at such as celebrated hotel property.This clown visits AC multiple times, stays at ABC and has nothing better to do. How shocking! The employees aren't even forced to have sex with the Dutch owner to keep their jobs? This reviewer needs some questions directed to his tripadvisor profile.

GoodEnough
08-01-15, 02:42
This review has been posted on Tripadvisor couple of days ago. Not sure how much is true. But food for thought anyway.

Exceptional service".

A majority of the reviews have covered in detail the quality of service staff which is spot on, and the Hefner styled hotel accommodation facilities. Having visited here on 3 occasions over the past few months, I have got to know some of the staff quite well and their stories of how the hotel treats them is shocking. The hotel outsources its food and beverage as well as its massage services so comments are aimed at those outsourced companies and not the actual hotel company. Examples of exploitation -the bar staff have to buy their own uniforms, get paid only half their wages on time with the balance staggered based on management discretion. In addition, 70% of tips added to the hotel room tab are retained by the company with only 30% going to the staff which is paid to them one month later. The masseuses do not get paid a wage at all and only earn money based on when they perform a massage. They are expected to be be available on premises for work on shifts that start from 12 hours and can extend to 24 hours in a stretch. They earn only a seventh of the advertised massage price.

I am a Top level contributor to this forum but choosing to write this anonymity as I have it on good authority that the personal body guard of the Dutch hotel owner happens to be the local Chief of Police. While exploitation of labour is nothing new, its sad when this occurs at such as celebrated hotel property.While I can't offer hard evidence that this is mostly bull- I know the Dutch owner pretty well, and he is a thoroughly good and decent guy who would not, I think, tolerate the sorts of stuff that you describe. I also know the guy who outsources the pool and sky bars, and while he's pretty much of a *******, I've never heard of the withholding of salaries, and believe me, I would have.

GE.

Golfinho
08-01-15, 02:51
While I can't offer hard evidence that this is mostly bull- I know the Dutch owner pretty well, and he is a thoroughly good and decent guy who would not, I think, tolerate the sorts of stuff that you describe.GE.It has to be bull. This 'Top Level Contributor' has one review on tripadvisor. And isn't taking messages.

ConquerorVal
08-01-15, 03:02
Just to make things perfectly clear, I am not the one that posted the Tripadvisor review. I read it and was just interested in feedback. I stayed at ABC and loved it. Maybe some competitor put up the review. I do not know. People often use the Tripadvisor to help them make a choice with regards to picking a hotel. I have contributed to Tripadvisor over 100 reviews from my recent travels and 60,000 people have read them. The impact of Tripadvisor cannot be underestimated. Perhaps the hotel owner should make some response on Tripadvisor to what appear to be false and unsubstantiated claims. Peace out!

Dg8787
08-01-15, 04:04

Exceptional service".

I am a Top level contributor to this forum but choosing to write this anonymity as I have it on good authority that the personal body guard of the Dutch hotel owner happens to be the local Chief of Police. While exploitation of labour is nothing new, its sad when this occurs at such as celebrated hotel property.I have no actual knowledge about ABC but the review is about the outsourcing companies. I do know that a few places outsource to outside companies so they don't have to have "regular employees" and provide the benefits. What he has described is pretty standard in most places. The tipping arrangement and massesses pay sadly is pretty much the arrangements from what I have heard from dozens of workers, over the past few years.

Outsourcing is done to keep the cost down and the owner's hands appear to be clean.

Once again, I do not have any personal knowledge regarding ABC.

KiwiBoy
08-01-15, 04:10
I have no actual knowledge about ABC but the review is about the outsourcing companies. I do know that a few places outsource to outside companies so they don't have to have "regular employees" and provide the benefits. What he has described is pretty standard in most places. The tipping arrangement and massesses pay sadly is pretty much the arrangements from what I have heard from dozens of workers, over the past few years.

Outsourcing is done to keep the cost down and the owner's hands appear to be clean.

Once again, I do not have any personal knowledge regarding ABC.My advice for all its worth is, don't always believe the massage girls.

GoodEnough
08-01-15, 06:35
I have no actual knowledge about ABC but the review is about the outsourcing companies. I do know that a few places outsource to outside companies so they don't have to have "regular employees" and provide the benefits. What he has described is pretty standard in most places. The tipping arrangement and massesses pay sadly is pretty much the arrangements from what I have heard from dozens of workers, over the past few years.

Once again, I do not have any personal knowledge regarding ABC.In the case of ABC, the outsourcing was done because the owner didn't want the hassle of operating a bar. However, ABC is building a fourth wing that will have a swimming pool on the roof, and a huge pool bar with cabanas. Since he's not satisfied with the way to current pool bar and sky bar are being operated, he's decided that he will operate the new bar himself, at least initially. The new facility, which should open in December, 2016, will also have a few two bedroom suites for guys who want to party with wingmen.

GE.

Dg8787
08-01-15, 06:45
My advice for all its worth is, don't always believe the massage girls.Great advice for anything. In this case I have heard from many massage girls and spa owners to know that this is pretty much standard business practices.

Member #4698
08-01-15, 13:52
ABC is building a fourth wing that will have a swimming pool on the roof, and a huge pool bar with cabanas. Since he's not satisfied with the way to current pool bar and sky bar are being operated, he's decided that he will operate the new bar himself, at least initially. This is a smart decision because a great pool is the one thing that ABC did not provide for its guests. I was very surprised when a roof top pool was not part of the design in the present annex. The absence of a quality swimming pool at ABC is a major reason why I prefer the Lewis Grand. The Lewis is also more reasonably priced and much less gaudy.

Random99
08-01-15, 18:46
Examples of exploitation -the bar staff have to buy their own uniforms, get paid only half their wages on time with the balance staggered based on management discretion. In addition, 70% of tips added to the hotel room tab are retained by the company with only 30% going to the staff which is paid to them one month later.The law is pretty clear on the distribution of tips.

http://www.manilatimes.net/management-share-service-charges/116086/

GoodEnough
08-02-15, 05:07
The law is pretty clear on the distribution of tips.

http://www.manilatimes.net/management-share-service-charges/116086/And if this were a country that operated according to the laws on the books, this might be meaningful. Read the traffic code laws sometime and you would think that driving here is similar to the experience in the States, or Canada or Europe. However, laws here are essentially not worth the (very cheap) paper on which they're written. When paying a bill in cash here, I always hand the tip directly to the service provider. If she or he decides to distribute it as part of a pool, it's up to him or her. In many cases, particularly those that involve local ownership and / or management, the service providers have only the assurance of the managers as to how much was collected. And given the propensities for cheating employees here, the latter are almost certain to get shortchanged.

GE.

Fast Eddie 48
08-03-15, 04:22
I arrive very late last night after mid night from Hong Kong Eurotel offer a 10 HR rate for 799 p and have promo for the small room no window for 1200 p a day with breakfast but I check out next morning and check in at the new central tower already have reservation there room is much larger there.

Fast eddie 48.

FreeFly55
08-03-15, 22:43
I arrive very late last night after mid night from Hong Kong Eurotel offer a 10 HR rate for 799 p and have promo for the small room no window for 1200 p a day with breakfast but I check out next morning and check in at the new central tower already have reservation there room is much larger there.

Fast eddie 48.How do you like the Central Park? Do they offer long term discounts? I'm considering staying there this November and will be staying 15+ Days. Queens gives a 25% Discount for stays of 16 days or more. I've stayed there before and wonder how Central Park compares.

Fast Eddie 48
08-04-15, 02:12
How do you like the Central Park? Do they offer long term discounts? I'm considering staying there this November and will be staying 15+ Days. Queens gives a 25% Discount for stays of 16 days or more. I've stayed there before and wonder how Central Park compares.To FreeFly 55.

I like the new Central park better is a newer hotel just one yr, I stay at Queen before they alsohave larger room also but I like the bed at central better you should email them I am sure they will offer you a discount for long stay wow 16 days in AC not sure I can handle AC for 16 days.

Fast eddie 48.

X Man
08-04-15, 13:40
I don't know about discounts. I found the rooms at Queens were nicer and a bit larger. Central Park is great for the rooftop infinity pool and bar. I like the rooftop bar at Queens as well, although it won't last long if they don't get more customers.

You might want to email them and ask directly: Email: info@cpangeles.com.

How do you like the Central Park? Do they offer long term discounts? I'm considering staying there this November and will be staying 15+ Days. Queens gives a 25% Discount for stays of 16 days or more. I've stayed there before and wonder how Central Park compares.

Golfinho
08-04-15, 16:00
I don't know about discounts. I found the rooms at Queens were nicer and a bit larger. Central Park is great for the rooftop infinity pool and bar. I like the rooftop bar at Queens as well, although it won't last long if they don't get more customers.
You might want to email them and ask directly: Email: info@cpangeles.com.The top floor bar / lounge (The Living Room) at Queens is an excellent place -- to party, chill, relax, eat, bring girls, whatever. And no one ever there. Too many (6) different type of rooms for such a small hotel which means unless reservation confirmed up front you'll he shuffled around. All rooms are small except for their largest, most expensive one (about $76 with cash 15-day stay rate) which is nice, facing the pool, although in this Executive Balcony Deluxe with both bath and shower, the water heating for the shower they can't get to work right. (Anyone else have this problem with the shower hot water?) Queens also has a good gym, and restaurant, and housekeeping around at all hours. Their TV channel packages much better more extensive than Central Park Tower, but beds not as comfortable. Windows block all outside noise AMD the sleeping environment is quiet. Get a router put in the room and no problem with the WiFi.

For Central Park Tower (skipping the details): rooms comfortable but a little small, slow elevators and really lousy restaurant. Price of the two hotels don't differ a lot; don't let that be what determines where you stay (here or wherever you go).

FreeFly55
08-05-15, 00:55
To FreeFly 55.

I like the new Central park better is a newer hotel just one yr, I stay at Queen before they alsohave larger room also but I like the bed at central better you should email them I am sure they will offer you a discount for long stay wow 16 days in AC not sure I can handle AC for 16 days.

Fast eddie 48.Thanks Fast 48, et Al.

Yes is a bit long, but my last two visits were of short duration (week or less) as I had Reservations in both Malaysia and Thailand. At both locations I found myself wishing I had spent more time in AC. This time I'm doing the 16 days in AC, figuring if I get bored I can check out Subic or other areas. After the PI's I'm wrapping up my trip in HCMC in Vietnam to get a taste of what's on offer there.

I'm not a penny pincher while traveling, but I do enjoy getting a good deal when possible. That said, since I'm staying so long; my hotel choice will mostly be decided by the overall comfort and amenities that'll make the trip more enjoyable between my nightly selections.

Indy Hundred
08-05-15, 05:14
Hotel Devera.

Staying at the Hotel Devera for the first week in August. Made the booking through Agoda.com and through their website, asked for the hotel to arrange pick up from Clark airport. I provided flight number and time and when I exited the Arrival area, Robert the hotel driver was waiting for me. Great ride into town. As this was my first time to Angeles, Robert explained the geography (where Walking St is etc) and also gave me some tips on mobile load and reinforced some basic safety tips such as keeping your phone and wallet in your front pocket. Evidently, the children with their small hands make excellent pick pocketers. He also warned me that if somebody "bumped" into me on the street, to be very aware as that is usually how the scam starts. The ride in was 400 PHP.

The Agoda rate was a great rate but unfortunately, the hotel staff had me in a smoking room. I don't mind the smoking smell and was super grateful they allowed me to check in early. It was before 11 am. I was exhausted from a long flight here and really needed to sleep / or go out and get a BF but I asked if they could switch me to a non-smoking room. One would be available in a couple of hours but I would have to transfer rooms in a couple of days. The Assistant Manager (I thin her name is Joyce) was absolutely great. Very professional, very personable, very courteous and very accommodating. She showed me the original smoking room. It smelt OK really. And when we went back down to complete the check in, she did one more search and said a non-smoking Junior Suite was available for no extra charge. Sweet! And it was available right now. Super sweet!

Issue 1: Not enough towels. I requested extra towels and after that, they will make sure that there will be 6 extra towels.

Issue 2: The shower was not draining at all. I mentioned it to the cleaner and it was fixed before I took my next shower.

The location is great. All the staff are very friendly and good looking. They are so good looking that when I would bring back my barfine, I would compare looks with the hotel girls.

Fast Eddie 48
08-05-15, 10:03
Thanks Fast 48, et Al.

Yes is a bit long, but my last two visits were of short duration (week or less) as I had Reservations in both Malaysia and Thailand. At both locations I found myself wishing I had spent more time in AC. This time I'm doing the 16 days in AC, figuring if I get bored I can check out Subic or other areas. After the PI's I'm wrapping up my trip in HCMC in Vietnam to get a taste of what's on offer there.

I'm not a penny pincher while traveling, but I do enjoy getting a good deal when possible. That said, since I'm staying so long; my hotel choice will mostly be decided by the overall comfort and amenities that'll make the trip more enjoyable between my nightly selections.To FreeFly.

If you are not a penny pincher you should go to Macau not AC that is where all the cheap charlie go, after 4 days I want to go back to Manila already then Bangkok.

Fast eddie 48.

Mogwai
08-06-15, 08:53
To FreeFly.

If you are not a penny pincher you should go to Macau not AC that is where all the cheap charlie go, after 4 days I want to go back to Manila already then Bangkok.

Fast eddie 48.So you are a cheap charlie too, Eddie? LOL.

Dg8787
08-06-15, 10:14
To FreeFly.

Fast eddie 48.I go to AC and am not a penny pincher. I pinch pesos but am not a cheap Charlie!

ShakyKaiser
08-07-15, 17:03
ABC vs Lewis Grand vs Wild Orchid.
ABC had pool girls for EWR (a big plus)..What is EWR please?

Oosik
08-08-15, 06:15
What is EWR please?Early Work Release. Bar Fine.

Fast Eddie 48
08-09-15, 13:43
I go to AC and am not a penny pincher. I pinch pesos but am not a cheap Charlie!To Dg8787.

I been going to AC since 1998 it is still a bargin trip for me I was just there for 4 days my dollar goes a long way here about 120 usd a day but I will in Macau and shanghai this week I know how to mix thing up.

Fast eddie 48.

Dg8787
08-09-15, 15:57
To Dg8787.

I been going to AC since 1998 it is still a bargin trip for me I was just there for 4 days my dollar goes a long way here about 120 usd a day but I will in Macau and shanghai this week I know how to mix thing up.

Fast eddie 48.Glad you can mix it up. I have monger in Macau and other Asia places. I personally like AC girls better whether it is a bargain or not. I have no need to mix it up. Just my personal preferences sir.

StudBucket
08-09-15, 21:23
Just got back from Angeles City a couple of weeks ago. I stayed, with the suggestions of my fellow ISG members, at The Central Park Tower Resort. I want to comment that this hotel is an unbelievable value if you are looking for 4 star acommodations in AC. I received a rate of 3800 pesos per night (about $83 USA Dollars or 76 Euros per night) and I was able to take an extra 10 percent cash discount by paying in cash at then end of my reservations. The standard room is about 10 dollars cheaper and was the same size as my room however it does not have the glass shower that opens up the room a bit more and I believe you are on a lower floor. But, this is still an excellent room with a good size of 26 sq meters. So, they don't collect payment until the end of your stay and simply take a credit card authorization which is huge plus. Then, they offer you an extra 10% cash discount and this an all year end promotion. The room was beautiful, new, with a glass shower enclosure, good views, comfortable bed, and the hotel is in great condition as it is new. It is very girl friendly and has full time doormen to let you in that act as security. The staff will try to accomodate most basic needs such as iron, adapters for outlets, and make suggestions of places to eat and visit. If you cannot afford the $65 rate, then for about $45 to $50, Valentinos across the street is still a decent value.

Mua Tur
08-14-15, 11:16
Perimeter Hotel, I found a good choice for various reasons. The reception or out looks may give us a faulty impression but inside the room, it is cozy enough. Have every facility in the room even a mini bar with fridge, safe or others we need. Have Jacuzzi room and no worry if you don't know how to use the Jacuzzi, the girls from the clubs in down stair knows how to use. LOL. Have two kind of bar in down stair one starts in morning 10.00 am until evening. The other one opens in 5.00 pm till midnight as I found. Lazy me feel very convenient with those.

Location is excellent. Stands on Perimeter road, walking street starts with in few walks. Just across the street there are a big Mall, Jolibee or all kind of foods are available within reach. The side alleys for massage I found not so far and girls were seen happy about the hotel location when I made an out call.

Kartolo
08-18-15, 12:48
Perimeter Hotel, I found a good choice for various reasons. The reception or out looks may give us a faulty impression but inside the room, it is cozy enough. Have every facility in the room even a mini bar with fridge, safe or others we need. Have Jacuzzi room and no worry if you don't know how to use the Jacuzzi, the girls from the clubs in down stair knows how to use. LOL. Have two kind of bar in down stair one starts in morning 10.00 am until evening. The other one opens in 5.00 pm till midnight as I found. Lazy me feel very convenient with those.

Location is excellent. Stands on Perimeter road, walking street starts with in few walks. Just across the street there are a big Mall, Jolibee or all kind of foods are available within reach. The side alleys for massage I found not so far and girls were seen happy about the hotel location when I made an out call.How much is the jacuzzi room?

Mua Tur
08-19-15, 03:41
How much is the jacuzzi room?It's been days past. Jacuzzi room could be 1500 php or less. Reception is not as usual hall we expected. It's just a landing of a stair case. Any one have to wait there until the reception girl open the door. Very strict about to keep the visiting girls ID.

Little embarrassing if have accompany but in security aspects it's perfect.

Fast Eddie 48
09-03-15, 10:53
Hotel Devera.

Staying at the Hotel Devera for the first week in August. Made the booking through Agoda.com and through their website, asked for the hotel to arrange pick up from Clark airport. I provided flight number and time and when I exited the Arrival area, Robert the hotel driver was waiting for me. Great ride into town. As this was my first time to Angeles, Robert explained the geography (where Walking St is etc) and also gave me some tips on mobile load and reinforced some basic safety tips such as keeping your phone and wallet in your front pocket. Evidently, the children with their small hands make excellent pick pocketers. He also warned me that if somebody "bumped" into me on the street, to be very aware as that is usually how the scam starts. The ride in was 400 PHP.

The Agoda rate was a great rate but unfortunately, the hotel staff had me in a smoking room. I don't mind the smoking smell and was super grateful they allowed me to check in early. It was before 11 am. I was exhausted from a long flight here and really needed to sleep / or go out and get a BF but I asked if they could switch me to a non-smoking room. One would be available in a couple of hours but I would have to transfer rooms in a couple of days. The Assistant Manager (I thin her name is Joyce) was absolutely great. Very professional, very personable, very courteous and very accommodating. She showed me the original smoking room. It smelt OK really. And when we went back down to complete the check in, she did one more search and said a non-smoking Junior Suite was available for no extra charge. Sweet! And it was available right now. Super sweet!

Issue 1: Not enough towels. I requested extra towels and after that, they will make sure that there will be 6 extra towels.

Issue 2: The shower was not draining at all. I mentioned it to the cleaner and it was fixed before I took my next shower.

The location is great. All the staff are very friendly and good looking. They are so good looking that when I would bring back my barfine, I would compare looks with the hotel girls.To Indy.

So Joyce is still there at Devera she been there since it open and she work at the old central park know her for over 7 yr, did she still have the braces on she have it last yr don't think she want to take it off, funny girl always give me a hard time if I return back to the hotel without a girl.

Fast eddie 48.

X Man
09-09-15, 00:26
I always thought the tree was part of the charm at Orchid Inn. Sadly, it's been trimmed (to death). The word is out that Orchid Inn will be getting some serious renovation work done soon.

The rooms on the first floor, poolside have new bathrooms. X.

Robbaf
09-09-15, 01:15
I always thought the tree was part of the charm at Orchid Inn. Sadly, it's been trimmed (to death). The word is out that Orchid Inn will be getting some serious renovation work done soon.

The rooms on the first floor, poolside have new bathrooms. X.I was there as they cut down the tree and I was amazed how they managed to cut down the tree and not cause a major traffic issue. The tree was large and it took two days to down it.

Thank god they are renovating, as the room / bathrooms were really sad the last time I stayed there. 2010??

Robb.

Stroker Ace88
09-14-15, 04:27
I have always stayed at PB in the past, I have not visited AC in a couple of years and want to get input from a few senior members on other hotels around town to try.

-I prefer to be close to the action (within reasonable walking distance) but not so close I have a hard time sleeping.

-A pool is a nice touch but not a must.

-Decent breakfast for two included.

-Available to book online.

-A joiner fee that's not a rip off or better yet no joiner fee.

-Good security but not obsessive when it comes to guests.

-non smoking rooms available.

I was also considering LG or ABC. I know they're located way from the action but wanted to hear what some senior members had to say about them.

WildHawk
09-14-15, 06:07
I have always stayed at PB in the past, I have not visited AC in a couple of years and want to get input from a few senior members on other hotels around town to try.

-I prefer to be close to the action (within reasonable walking distance) but not so close I have a hard time sleeping....
I was also considering LG or ABC. I know they're located way from the action but wanted to hear what some senior members had to say about them.Had a good experience at Lewis Grand a couple years back -- it's tasteful not exactly luxe, but with a friendly staff and no joiner fee (provided you book for 2), even should you enjoy a third, ahem, guest. Though my experience, and perhaps the rooms by now, are dated, I liked the hotel. The hotel restaurant was decent, but breakfasts are not included -- that doesn't seem to be the norm in AC. It's not so far that a walk to the heart of the action is impossible, but still a good jaunt, and a fine enough a joint, all in all.

Member #4698
09-14-15, 13:04
I like the Lewis. The corner deluxe rooms are well sized, the corner executive suites are great! Hotel staff is very friendly yet unobtrusive, the pool is grand, and the restaurant is very good. A few years back I stayed in a room and noticed the carpet was frayed in one area. As luck would have it I was shown the same room on a subsequent visit. The carpet had been replaced so I do believe management is on top of things and keeps the place in good condition. As to the question of the Lewis being guest friendly; on one particular trip I took back to my room my two favorite Pinay cousins 3 or 4 nights in a row, I partied with them in the pool area late at night, I bought them breakfast late in the morning, ect ect and all I got from hotel staff was friendly courteous service. On my next trip the bartender remembered me and I bought him a drink. So I like this hotel. Nothing fancy, just real comfortable 4.2* equivalent Floridian ambiance and quality.

I have stayed at ABC as well. It is upscale in a New Orleans bordello kind of way, but the pool is no good IMHO being way too small and in shade most of the day. Therefore, just my opinion, ABC is not worth the added expense as compared to the Lewis.

Both hotels are walking distance to Fields with ABC being a 1. 5 blocks closer. My usual MO at night, however, is to take the free hotel limo service from the hotel to Fields when available and to take a trike back to the hotel when I am with a girl although some girls enjoy the walk and I sometimes buy them a bikini on the way back to the Lewis.

X Man
09-14-15, 14:56
I think I paid 2250 for a front room at Pacific Breeze last month.

Some of the furniture is looking well worn.

I dislike that hey solder the key ring to a big hunk of wood. I prefer to have my key or card with me, especially if I'm just running out to grab something to eat. ONe night I left my key on the counter. The lady at the counter seemed busy with her cell phone. When I came back an hour later my key was still on the counter and the lady was still playing with her phone.

I talked to a guy later and he said all the best staff moved over to Central Park.

If you go back a bit you'll find reviews for Central Park and Queens. X.

-I prefer to be close to the action (within reasonable walking distance) but not so close I have a hard time sleeping.

I was also considering LG or ABC. I know they're located way from the action but wanted to hear what some senior members had to say about them.

Indy Hundred
09-15-15, 06:33
To Indy.

So Joyce is still there at Devera she been there since it open and she work at the old central park know her for over 7 yr, did she still have the braces on she have it last yr don't think she want to take it off, funny girl always give me a hard time if I return back to the hotel without a girl.

Fast eddie 48.I don't remember if she still has braces. I do remember she had a beautiful smile so the braces are probably gone by now. As this was my first trip, I never really made much eye contact and dialogue with the hotel staff esp. The female staff. I get that everyone that is staying at the Devera is probably not in AC on a business or family trip and I also get that the staff know exactly why I am in AC but still, it felt a little odd to chat with them. So sorry Eddie, but wasn't paying much attention to the hotel staff.

FreeFly55
09-20-15, 18:54

I was also considering LG or ABC. I know they're located way from the action but wanted to hear what some senior members had to say about them.I think Queens Hotel has all your requirements except for maybe the included breakfast (Kokomo's has a great breakfast and is near). Very close to the action, but just far enough for the quiet, nice room and pool, no joiner fees, online booking, and just the right amount of security. Queens also, gives a decent discount if paying cash depending on the length of your stay. I highly recommend it.

Dark Knight1
09-20-15, 20:35
Wild Orchid is my favorite place in terms of its location to the action, service, amenities and general quality of the hotel.

Blanquiceleste
09-21-15, 01:11
Had a good experience at Lewis Grand a couple years back -- it's tasteful not exactly luxe, but with a friendly staff and no joiner fee (provided you book for 2), even should you enjoy a third, ahem, guest. Though my experience, and perhaps the rooms by now, are dated, I liked the hotel. The hotel restaurant was decent, but breakfasts are not included -- that doesn't seem to be the norm in AC. It's not so far that a walk to the heart of the action is impossible, but still a good jaunt, and a fine enough a joint, all in all.I stayed at LG last year after being a WO and ABC patron for years. Very good experience. $89 for a standard room. A big plus for me is the balcony overlooking the pool. I can smoke peacefully there without messing the room. Large rooms, great beds, huge bath, well appointed in all aspects. I had 3 girls in my room on 3 days of my 5 days stay and no one batted any eyelid, let alone mention joiner fees. There is a shuttle service always available (24 x7) from the hotel to WS or any place close by (like the other side of LG on Perimeter). Some excellent daytime bars there. You can call the hotel from WS when you want to head back and the shuttle shows up in 10 min. Drivers are all personable and chatty. Some are chattier than others, if you know what I mean. Tips are optional, but slip them a 20 every time and they will be extremely happy. Specially, when going back from WS when the driver shows up and come around to open the door for you. Its a big draw with the girls.

The pool is probably the best feature and the girls love it. 2 Jacuzzi pools. A sunken bar. Plenty of sundecks. The main bar adjoining the pool is also very good and has a pool table where guests can play for free. The tabletop and cues need a change though.

Breakfast is not included but then on most days I have my fill at Kokomos. I love the food and the ambiance there.

Money well spent IMHO. Have fun!

X Man
09-21-15, 03:21
Do you remember which class of room you stayed in and what the cost was? It is one of the most expensive places in AC. A bit too much for me. I stayed there once. I loved the mirror, but the room was rather small. It was the cheapest room - a Deluxe.

Mirrors? Which hotels have the best appropriately placed mirrors? I know ABC, Wild Orchid, Valentinos have mirrors in some rooms. Orchid Inn has mirrors in some rooms, but often not close enough to the bed to have the right effect.

Any others?

Wild Orchid is my favorite place in terms of its location to the action, service, amenities and general quality of the hotel.

Dark Knight1
09-21-15, 14:50
Do you remember which class of room you stayed in and what the cost was? It is one of the most expensive places in AC. A bit too much for me. I stayed there once. I loved the mirror, but the room was rather small. It was the cheapest room - a Deluxe.

Mirrors? Which hotels have the best appropriately placed mirrors? I know ABC, Wild Orchid, Valentinos have mirrors in some rooms. Orchid Inn has mirrors in some rooms, but often not close enough to the bed to have the right effect.

Any others?Balcony and Jacuzzi room. 4,400 and 4700 respectively.

Blanquiceleste
09-23-15, 01:01
Do you remember which class of room you stayed in and what the cost was? It is one of the most expensive places in AC. ?Presume you are referring to Wild Orchid. They have always been priced at around $100 for the entry level room. ABC on the other hand is exorbitant. I don't know why. Neither is it close to Fields nor it has a great pool, but the rooms are excellent. Boudoir style almost. Probably closest to Ponytail, that's why! ROFL.

Fast Eddie 48
09-23-15, 01:28
Presume you are referring to Wild Orchid. They have always been priced at around $100 for the entry level room. ABC on the other hand is exorbitant. I don't know why. Neither is it close to Fields nor it has a great pool, but the rooms are excellent. Boudoir style almost. Probably closest to Ponytail, that's why! ROFL.To Blanquiceleste.

Not always first time I stay there I paid 58 usd a night for standard room that is back in 2002 after PB open I switch over there for their pool, wild Orchid is too expensive now but service there is great.

Fast eddie 48.

Fast eddie 48.

Blanquiceleste
09-23-15, 01:37
Not always first time I stay there I paid 58 usd a night for standard room that is back in 2002 That is remarkable. The days of glory pricing. Gone forever. I have never tried PB. I am back there in December, will give it a spin. Thanks heaps.

X Man
09-23-15, 15:22
When Angeles Beach Club (ABC) first opened they had signs which said $99. I seem to remember at least one person here saying that no one would pay that much for a hotel in Angeles city. There were also jokes about the beach, but ABC actually does have a cat-litter sized "beach" poolside. Never stayed there BTW.

I paid much less than $100 at Wild Orchid when I stayed there, but I wasn't using dollars and had a very favorable exchange rate situation. Unfortunately that situation has changed a bit.

Presume you are referring to Wild Orchid. They have always been priced at around $100 for the entry level room. ABC on the other hand is exorbitant. I don't know why. Neither is it close to Fields nor it has a great pool, but the rooms are excellent. Boudoir style almost. Probably closest to Ponytail, that's why! ROFL.

GoodEnough
09-23-15, 16:15
When Angeles Beach Club (ABC) first opened they had signs which said $99. I seem to remember at least one person here saying that no one would pay that much for a hotel in Angeles city. There were also jokes about the beach, but ABC actually does have a cat-litter sized "beach" poolside. Never stayed there BTW.

I paid much less than $100 at Wild Orchid when I stayed there, but I wasn't using dollars and had a very favorable exchange rate situation. Unfortunately that situation has changed a bit.Amazing, given I would say an average price of about $140 per night that the place is often sold out and a new building is under construction.

GE.

You69Me
09-25-15, 08:54
TripAdvisor competitions trying to destroy each other in a small scale cyber war. Then you have the cheap tourists who are never happy and try to get free rides, TripAdvisor a dump for the evil minded. "trivago" is a good accommodation search engine it only lacks a breakfast tick box. Your own experience is still the best.

Just to make things perfectly clear, I am not the one that posted the Tripadvisor review. I read it and was just interested in feedback. I stayed at ABC and loved it. Maybe some competitor put up the review. I do not know. People often use the Tripadvisor to help them make a choice with regards to picking a hotel. I have contributed to Tripadvisor over 100 reviews from my recent travels and 60,000 people have read them. The impact of Tripadvisor cannot be underestimated. Perhaps the hotel owner should make some response on Tripadvisor to what appear to be false and unsubstantiated claims. Peace out!

You69Me
09-26-15, 03:02
Correction "trivago" is a good accommodation search engine it only lacks a "room with windows" tick box. Be aware there are many cheap deals online. All you get is a dungeon type room where you never know if it's day or night. I don't like rooms without windows.

TripAdvisor competitions trying to destroy each other in a small scale cyber war. Then you have the cheap tourists who are never happy and try to get free rides, TripAdvisor a dump for the evil minded. "trivago" is a good accommodation search engine it only lacks a breakfast tick box. Your own experience is still the best.

LOLWTFBBGirl
10-17-15, 09:28
Hey guys,

After my last trip to Manila I've come to the conclusion I want to live there for 6 months to a year. I have a budget of 50-60 k a month for rent and I can't decide between Angeles or manila.

I'm leaning more towards manila over Angeles but I was wondering if anyone here lives in Angeles and could give me an idea of what the community of foreigners is like and what else there is to do besides monger? I obviously love bars and clubs but there needs to be other actives if its a year long deal.

Cheers

JjBee62
10-18-15, 02:34
TripAdvisor competitions trying to destroy each other in a small scale cyber war. Then you have the cheap tourists who are never happy and try to get free rides, TripAdvisor a dump for the evil minded. "trivago" is a good accommodation search engine it only lacks a breakfast tick box. Your own experience is still the best.Every site that has reviews has its share of useless reviews. In my experience, TripAdvisor is no worse than any others.

The trick is to learn how to weed out the garbage. When you have 5 or 6 reviews in a few days, all talking about how great the manager is, they are probably shills. When you have 1 or 2 reviews with the lowest score, it's just someone trying to trash the place because something wasn't perfect for them.

Look at a few sites for the reviews, read through a good sampling, before making a choice. Make sure you check for the important things, like a / see and private bathroom. No fun sharing 1 toilet with 4 rooms when everyone made the mistake of drinking the water.

X Man
10-19-15, 12:46
I don't, but I'm pretty sure that some ISGers live in AC. In fact, I know a few bat-shit-crazy guys who live there.

If I had your budget and time frame, I'd live in Visayans. I'd spend less on the place and then fly here or there with the money saved.

SNIP .. I was wondering if anyone here lives in Angeles ..
SNIP

Cheers

Wicked Roger
10-19-15, 18:24
Hey guys,

After my last trip to Manila I've come to the conclusion I want to live there for 6 months to a year. I have a budget of 50-60 k a month for rent and I can't decide between Angeles or manila.

I'm leaning more towards manila over Angeles but I was wondering if anyone here lives in Angeles and could give me an idea of what the community of foreigners is like and what else there is to do besides monger? I obviously love bars and clubs but there needs to be other actives if its a year long deal.

CheersIf you really think AC will give you the other activities other than bars ad girls then you will be very wrong IMHO. I only go there as Xman says if you really feel the desire.

Live in the Visaya (Cebu) as for that rental budget you can get a nice condo (same for same parts of Manila am sure also) but the Visayas is a better place and not full of crazies drinking one bottle of beer all night etc. Well that's my impression ad been there a few times and now stay I he Visayas LOL.

Hutsori
10-20-15, 06:52
Hey guys,

CheersCertainly golf is available. There is also horse riding. Years ago I took some ultralight flying lessons in AC. Clark has activities for motoring and racing enthusiasts. For long-term residents I recommend looking at education and tutorials because it's cheap yet decent; no, it's not world-class but for a hobbyist it's suitable. There are cooking classes, dance schools, music and voice lessons, photography, video and computer instruction. One can even learn how to fence. A girl I was meeting was really into archery; there used to be a range inside MOA but that's closed. Of course there are gyms, yoga and martial arts. If you're an enthusiast or a wannabe Manila has plenty of opportunities covering just abut anything. I'm sure you can find places in AC; for example a quick google shows several cooking schools and krav maga gyms in the AC area. If you desire a more sedentary lifestyle there are bridge clubs; trust me, one can spend many hours playing bridge. Of course there well-known social clubs such as the Hash House Harriers, http://thehashhouse.org/philippines/.

PPMassage
12-25-15, 11:37
Hi,

I was curious if anyone has had the massage service offered in-house at Central Park Tower hotel? And, is it strictly legit?

Thanks guys!

Bkgee
01-02-16, 03:16
Just got back from Angeles City a couple of weeks ago. I stayed, with the suggestions of my fellow ISG members, at The Central Park Tower Resort. I want to comment that this hotel is an unbelievable value if you are looking for 4 star acommodations in AC. I received a rate of 3800 pesos per night (about $83 USA Dollars or 76 Euros per night) and I was able to take an extra 10 percent cash discount by paying in cash at then end of my reservations. The standard room is about 10 dollars cheaper and was the same size as my room however it does not have the glass shower that opens up the room a bit more and I believe you are on a lower floor. But, this is still an excellent room with a good size of 26 sq meters. So, they don't collect payment until the end of your stay and simply take a credit card authorization which is huge plus. Then, they offer you an extra 10% cash discount and this an all year end promotion. The room was beautiful, new, with a glass shower enclosure, good views, comfortable bed, and the hotel is in great condition as it is new. It is very girl friendly and has full time doormen to let you in that act as security. The staff will try to accomodate most basic needs such as iron, adapters for outlets, and make suggestions of places to eat and visit. If you cannot afford the $65 rate, then for about $45 to $50, Valentinos across the street is still a decent value.I stayed at central Park for 3 trips now, and going back in May, the place is great, food is pretty good there also. Nice rooftop deck with pool, and live band on the weekends.

Bkgee
01-02-16, 03:20
Hi,

I was curious if anyone has had the massage service offered in-house at Central Park Tower hotel? And, is it strictly legit?

Thanks guys!Hey,

Don't was your time, got out to the main road. Walk down towards the big pharmacy, when you come to the block, make a left and there about 3 or 4 massage spots there with happy endings. I even get hair cut on that street, all in one shot.

Threadbare
01-02-16, 13:57
Hi,

Thanks guys!I had a good result with one of the girls who gather at the "airport" end of walking street 12 months ago. There is a group of girls there after dark dressed as masseuses handing out cards, and they will come back to hotel with you and do pretty much anything you want (even a massage!) You can see exactly who you are getting, there were probably 10 or 15 to choose from. I took one LT for 3000 as I recall, she stayed all night, as long as I wanted her really and was very good. As they work for an agency, there is some accountability and legitimacy to this system. I would add that it is also possible to "take away" girls from the parlors back to your hotel, where there is also traceability if anything should go wrong. In fact some of these "parlors" only offer "take away" service. I will be in Central Park in a couple of weeks, pm me if you're still there (or anyone else come to that!

SaltyPete
01-02-16, 14:29
I will be in Central Park in a couple of weeks, pm me if you're still there (or anyone else come to that!I stayed in Central Park in March 15, after they had recently opened. My room smelled of sewage from the commode, and it nearly stank me out. Perhaps it was an anomaly specific to the room. Has anyone else had this problem?

Mogwai
01-03-16, 09:48
I had a good result with one of the girls who gather at the "airport" end of walking street 12 months ago. There is a group of girls there after dark dressed as masseuses handing out cards, and they will come back to hotel with you and do pretty much anything you want (even a massage!) Not all of these girls will do "pretty much anything you want". I've tried 3 or 4 last year and only one of them was willing to give a HJ (which I declined), with the other ones it was strictly massage. So YMMV.

Fast Eddie 48
01-03-16, 23:39
I stayed in Central Park in March 15, after they had recently opened. My room smelled of sewage from the commode, and it nearly stank me out. Perhaps it was an anomaly specific to the room. Has anyone else had this problem?To Saltypete.

This can happen at most hotel in PI just a sewage back up, you should call the front desk have them to fix the problems or request a room change central park have a great staff they will try to keep the customer happy.

Fast eddie 48.

SaltyPete
01-04-16, 14:42
To Saltypete.

This can happen at most hotel in PI just a sewage back up, you should call the front desk have them to fix the problems or request a room change central park have a great staff they will try to keep the customer happy.

Fast eddie 48.Thanks. I mis-spoke, though. I meant to say the smell was coming up through the shower drain, not commode. And you are right, I should have asked for another room. Being my first time in the Hotel and in AC, it thought perhaps that smell was just part of the ambiance, like the sewage smell in Bangkok that wiffs by while I am enjoying a meal outdoors.

Sammon
01-05-16, 03:29
Thanks. I mis-spoke, though. I meant to say the smell was coming up through the shower drain, not commode. And you are right, I should have asked for another room. Being my first time in the Hotel and in AC, it thought perhaps that smell was just part of the ambiance, like the sewage smell in Bangkok that wiffs by while I am enjoying a meal outdoors.Most often the smell is coming from the drain next to the toilet. Upscale hotels do not have this. All the gases come up through this. Higher floors are worst. I usually cover it up with a wet used towel. The reason this drain is there is because Asian girls wash their private parts with the water from the sink instead of taking a full shower. And also they [CodeWord134] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord134) squatting on the toilet and spill everywhere. I tell my girls to take a full shower after sex every time. Most heed the advice.

Dg8787
01-05-16, 04:48
The floor drains should have a J-trap in them. Usually they dry out and the odor comes up then. Just pour a couple cups of water down them. Newer hotels should have J-trap drains.

Blanquiceleste
01-22-16, 14:10
I had remarked a few days back upon the disappearance of Lewis and how this incident might eventually lead to the LGH being run to the ground. I think it has started sooner than I thought it would.

For my upcoming trip in May I wrote to LGH inquiring about TWO rooms. The first reply came after 3 days where they responded with availability of ONE room. So I replied back asking about the SECOND room. After 2 more days I sent a reminder and I received reply in a few hours stating that the rooms were available. But this time they had messed up the dates. So I wrote back asking about the dates and I received a reply after 1 day confirming the dates I wanted, but this time they mentioned the rooms were NON SMOKING while I had clearly stated I want SMOKING rooms. I have recounted my recent experience on being allotted the wrong room on the AC thread. So I wrote back again. To ask for SMOKING ROOMS which they confirmed promptly.

So finally with all the loose ends and odds sewn up I asked them to send me a payment gateway link to confirm the reservation by paying a token deposit. Radio silence for the next 5 days and in these 5 days I sent them 3 reminders. Finally today I received the link but the room requirement specifications are again not exactly what I had asked for. Maybe they will provide it all when I get there, but my recent experience urges me to get it all in writing. So after 11 days of trying to books rooms, I am still one step away from actually doing it.

Has anyone encountered such woes on booking hotel rooms at LGH or anywhere else in PH?

KiwiBoy
01-22-16, 14:30
I had remarked a few days back upon the disappearance of Lewis and how this incident might eventually lead to the LGH being run to the ground. I think it has started sooner than I thought it would.

For my upcoming trip in May I wrote to LGH inquiring about TWO rooms. The first reply came after 3 days where they responded with availability of ONE room. So I replied back asking about the SECOND room. After 2 more days I sent a reminder and I received reply in a few hours stating that the rooms were available. But this time they had messed up the dates. So I wrote back asking about the dates and I received a reply after 1 day confirming the dates I wanted, but this time they mentioned the rooms were NON SMOKING while I had clearly stated I want SMOKING rooms. I have recounted my recent experience on being allotted the wrong room on the AC thread. So I wrote back again. To ask for SMOKING ROOMS which they confirmed promptly.

So finally with all the loose ends and odds sewn up I asked them to send me a payment gateway link to confirm the reservation by paying a token deposit. Radio silence for the next 5 days and in these 5 days I sent them 3 reminders. Finally today I received the link but the room requirement specifications are again not exactly what I had asked for. Maybe they will provide it all when I get there, but my recent experience urges me to get it all in writing. So after 11 days of trying to books rooms, I am still one step away from actually doing it.

Has anyone encountered such woes on booking hotel rooms at LGH or anywhere else in PH?I stayed there a few weeks back, and although no smoking there was an ash tray in the toilet cleaned and ready for use each day, a fellow member and long time user of the bachelor suite 610 also mentioned the room was getting a bit run down, he ended up movie I mean moving (sic), down to 101 which was directly outside the pool. I moved to ABC.

Shrek5
01-25-16, 12:40
From my point of view 5 points are important when to choose a hotel in AC:

1. Close to walking street.

2. Have a pool.

3. Good breakfast buffet included.

4. Silent at night so sleeping is possible.

5. Good price.

I haven't found the perfect hotel yet. Old Amsterdam matches 1, 4 and 5, but has no pool and no breakfast.

Rumi Apart Hotel F. Ex. Matches only 5.

Any recommendations from the experts?

Thanks

WestCoast1
01-25-16, 15:09

2. Have a pool.

5. Good price.

I haven't found the perfect hotel yet. Old Amsterdam matches 1, 4 and 5, but has no pool and no breakfast.

ThanksYes. PM me, I have some thoughts for you.

Fast Eddie 48
01-26-16, 02:40

2. Have a pool.

5. Good price.

ThanksTo Shrek 5.

I think The Pacific breeze will fit your needs is about 58 usd a night but if you can spend a little more The new Central park is a new hotel nicer room just next door stay at the higher floor for a better sleep but who sleep at AC at night.

Fast eddie 48.

Mogwai
01-26-16, 10:17
To Shrek 5.

I think The Pacific breeze will fit your needs is about 58 usd a night but if you can spend a little more The new Central park is a new hotel nicer room just next door stay at the higher floor for a better sleep but who sleep at AC at night.

Fast eddie 48.Shrek5, the Pacific Breeze is a good hotel and matches all your points. Although it has no breakfast buffet, but the fairly decent restaurant has several choices for breakfast.
Please note that the cheapest rooms (Deluxe, 2100 PhP) have no window. At least not to the world outside but only to an indoor corridor.
When you pay in cash you get a 10% discount, also in the restaurant. You can pay on checkout.

Central Park is brand new, has the same owner as Pacific Breeze and seems to be good as well (I've not stayed there yet). However if you have a room facing Real Street it won't be quiet because there are many bars there and there's also a construction site between the hotel and that street.
Central Park is also more expensive than Pacific Breeze.

http://www.pacificbreezehotel.com
http://cpangeles.com

Fast Eddie 48
01-28-16, 03:04
Shrek5, the Pacific Breeze is a good hotel and matches all your points. Although it has no breakfast buffet, but the fairly decent restaurant has several choices for breakfast.
Please note that the cheapest rooms (Deluxe, 2100 PhP) have no window. At least not to the world outside but only to an indoor corridor.
When you pay in cash you get a 10% discount, also in the restaurant. You can pay on checkout.

Central Park is brand new, has the same owner as Pacific Breeze and seems to be good as well (I've not stayed there yet). However if you have a room facing Real Street it won't be quiet because there are many bars there and there's also a construction site between the hotel and that street.
Central Park is also more expensive than Pacific Breeze.

http://www.pacificbreezehotel.com
http://cpangeles.comTo Mogwai.

I don't know any hotel in AC offer Buffet with the room most American breakfast is not very good at AC anyway, most mongering don't even get up until noon any way, I never eat breakfast here and I just go to SM Mall for lunch yes Central tower is more expensive is a nicer place.

Fast eddie 48.

Robbaf
01-30-16, 01:23
Read on another Philippines board that two guys got Staph infections while on vacation in the Philippines. Both stayed at Central Park Hotel. Anyone heard anything?

Robb.

Mogwai
01-30-16, 10:00
To Mogwai.

I don't know any hotel in AC offer Buffet with the room most American breakfast is not very good at AC anyway, most mongering don't even get up until noon any way, I never eat breakfast here and I just go to SM Mall for lunch yes Central tower is more expensive is a nicer place.

Fast eddie 48.I think Swiss Chalet has some good breakfast / brunch options. I like their cheese-ham-salami plate for example, served with good whole-wheat bread (quite rare in SE Asian hotels).

Where do you go for lunch in SM Mall? Isn't it mostly fast food there?

GoodEnough
01-30-16, 13:00
Read on another Philippines board that two guys got Staph infections while on vacation in the Philippines. Both stayed at Central Park Hotel. Anyone heard anything?

Robb.I have a friend who developed a serious staph infection a few weeks ago, but that was in Cebu. Untreated scratches, mosquito bites or any lesions can attract staph bacteria, particularly in the tropics. I doubt it has anything to do with the hotel.

Robbaf
02-02-16, 01:25
I have a friend who developed a serious staph infection a few weeks ago, but that was in Cebu. Untreated scratches, mosquito bites or any lesions can attract staph bacteria, particularly in the tropics. I doubt it has anything to do with the hotel.I understand GE and both guys have Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA); is a bacterium that causes infections in different parts of the body.

MRSA is spread by contact. So, you could get MRSA by touching another person who has it on the skin. Or you could get it by touching objects that have the bacteria on them. MRSA is carried by about 2% of the population (or 2 in 100 people), although most of them aren't infected.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-mrsa

Just posting to see if anyone else has had any problems. I always stay at the sister hotel, Pacific Breeze.

Robb.

X Man
02-02-16, 12:19
Food Court offers many choices at low cost.

Where do you go for lunch in SM Mall? Isn't it mostly fast food there?

GoodEnough
02-02-16, 22:41
I understand GE and both guys have Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA); is a bacterium that causes infections in different parts of the body.

MRSA is spread by contact. So, you could get MRSA by touching another person who has it on the skin. Or you could get it by touching objects that have the bacteria on them. MRSA is carried by about 2% of the population (or 2 in 100 people), although most of them aren't infected.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/understanding-mrsa

Just posting to see if anyone else has had any problems. I always stay at the sister hotel, Pacific Breeze.

Robb.Scary stuff Robb. One of the things that more or less surprised me about the treatment received by my friend was that normal infectious disease protocols were not practiced in the hospital. No masks, no attempt to isolate the patient and people were free to stroll into and out of his room. The hospital had no Infectious Disease Specialist on staff though it did, after several days, culture the bacterium. All in all, the treatment he received was less than optimal and it wasn't until he returned to the West that he received appropriate care.

My asawa is Registered Nurse, and she's made me somewhat fanatical about dousing every bite and scratch with alcohol and neosporin. This place is like a very large Petri dish and it's a perfect environment for the flourishing of bacteria.

GE.

Fast Eddie 48
02-05-16, 03:37
Food Court offers many choices at low cost.To X Man.

I don't trust the food Court don't think food is very clean, there are so many fast food place cheap like Bon Chon chicken and pizza hut and shakey pizza for breakfast krisp crème have good coffee.

Fast eddie 48.

WorldTraveler3
02-05-16, 19:02
I'm returning to AC later on this month just for my second trip and all the hotels seem to be over price ABC or just flee bag and ok hotel are over price for example CPT is good but then I hear.

It's a small room with sewer smell even without that is 157 USD 7500 for the room I wanted so that a no the Lewis grand is nice but its to western style for what ID use it for. And most of.

Hotel recommendation on here are the low rank ones I want something were the price matches the value 100 USD to 150 USD is fine I just want value. Oh and are you permitted to go to other hotels roomtop bar.

Or lounge etc and drink if your not a guess at the hotel I'm not sure. Thank you!

Hutsori
02-05-16, 19:06
To X Man.

I don't trust the food Court don't think food is very clean, there are so many fast food place cheap like Bon Chon chicken and pizza hut and shakey pizza for breakfast krisp crme have good coffee.

Fast eddie 48.The employees of all restaurants p!ss and p00 at the same public CRs. I don't recall seeing many wash their hands, but then merely washing hands with tepid water and scented soap probably doesn't do much more than make a virus wet and smell nicer. I've seen a few restaurants with dispensers of whatever, and the employees are supposed to use upon return to the counter.

I was in McDo and the gal was filling drinks. The cups were stacked too high, looking like the leaning McTower of McPisa. Of course two dozen spilled to the floor and scattered. The same gal scurried around picking up the cups. Then she put them back in the stack. As her manager watched. I called the manager over, made sure she could speak English well enough, and I asked "What's happening with the cups?" The manager looked confused. "The cups fell on the floor. Now they back in the stack." "Yes, sir. (name) picked them up and put them back." "The floor is very dirty, yes? Do you want the customers to put dirty cups in their mouths?" Then the manager, after of lifetime of drinking from dirty cups herself, had her epiphany. She took the girl over to the stack and they removed them.

TL;DR version: you can't avoid the shit. best to build up your resistance to it.

GoodEnough
02-06-16, 01:16
I'm returning to AC later on this month just for my second trip and all the hotels seem to be over price ABC or just flee bag and ok hotel are over price for example CPT is good but then I hear.

It's a small room with sewer smell even without that is 157 USD 7500 for the room I wanted so that a no the Lewis grand is nice but its to western style for what ID use it for. And most of.

Hotel recommendation on here are the low rank ones I want something were the price matches the value 100 USD to 150 USD is fine I just want value. Oh and are you permitted to go to other hotels roomtop bar.

Or lounge etc and drink if your not a guess at the hotel I'm not sure. Thank you!ABC is the only hotel in which I've ever stayed in this city, so I have no personal basis for comparison. Though it bills itself as a 5 star hotel, by international standards it would perhaps struggle to a 4 star rating. Having said that however, the rooms, while furnished in a Farouk-moderne (rococo) style, are clean, amply sized and extremely comfortable. I'm told by close friends who have sampled other places that nothing else--including the Lewis Grand--even comes close in terms of quality and service. I think the least expensive room at ABC is about $105 per night, and within the local context, it's a fair price. I also enjoy the fact that the hotel has a fleet of cars, available to guests at no cost, for quick trips around the city.

GE.

Fast Eddie 48
02-06-16, 02:14

Or lounge etc and drink if your not a guess at the hotel I'm not sure. Thank you!To WorldTraveler.

There are not many nice hotel at Field yes hotel price is high in AC because there are not enough room most popular hotel are full most of the time, compare to Pattaya so many hotel room avalible price is much cheaper, there are large casino hotel around AC have nicer room but if you want to stay near field ABC is the best hotel.

Fast eddie 48.

X Man
02-06-16, 03:27
I've gone to various rooftop bars and poolside bars without any problem. Despite not having a room (Queens, Wild Orchid, ABC, Central Park). The condo-hotel places may have stricter policies. For example, Penthouse and Horizon Tower One.

I've never stayed at Penthouse, but they might be worth checking out. http://www.penthousehotel.com.ph.

Wild Orchid has a nice vibe and great pool. I stayed in one of the cheaper rooms and it was quite small. I liked the mirror though.

If size is important you might consider the higher end rooms in older hotels. Clarkton Hotel is well run, but a bit far from Fields.

Many years ago I stayed at the suite at Swiss Chalet. Hopefully it's had some renovation since then.

If you don't need a pool, check out Royal Amsterdam. It's nice, but hard to get a reservation.

Or lounge etc and drink if your not a guess at the hotel I'm not sure. Thank you!

X Man
02-06-16, 04:45
Thanks Eddie. I like to get some vegetables once in a while, and the food court is an easy and cheap place to do that. The original post was from Mogwai, and he specifically asked how to avoid "fast food" at SM.

On Fields, I often end up at Red Sea. Over by Jollibee is a Vietnamese place I like, especially if I'm in the mood for noodles (Pho). Tequila Reef is okay. I was able to get fresh mango on the side with my breakfast one morning. Speaking of breakfast, I also like Angels Bakery. They have good coffee and some nice baked goods as well. Good luck getting a seat in the morning.

I hope some other will pitch in with their favorite restaurants or favorite meals. I'll be in AC next month, so would like to try out some new places. And maybe some new gals as well! X.

A bit of a hike, but I found a good place on MacArthur called Rosalino's. I got a half chicken with mashed potatoes and cole slaw for about 200 pesos. See pictures.

Also, has anyone been to a restaurant called Rumpa's? see pic

To X Man.

I don't trust the food Court don't think food is very clean, there are so many fast food place cheap like Bon Chon chicken and pizza hut and shakey pizza for breakfast krisp crme have good coffee.

Fast eddie 48.

Radical Guy
02-06-16, 17:57
I've never stayed at Penthouse, but they might be worth checking out. http://www.penthousehotel.com.ph.I stayed at the Penthouse twice, and it was absolutely fabulous. I got a great rate on Agoda.com, and I was impressed by it's cleanliness and overall luxury. The room is a bit small, but no big deal. The bed was always very comfortable and the hotel in great proximity to all the attractions.

RG.

Threadbare
02-06-16, 19:15
I stayed at the Penthouse twice, and it was absolutely fabulous. I got a great rate on Agoda.com, and I was impressed by it's cleanliness and overall luxury. The room is a bit small, but no big deal. The bed was always very comfortable and the hotel in great proximity to all the attractions.

RG.I stayed one night at the Penthouse a couple of weeks ago, booked through Agoda as they had a slightly cheaper rate than the hotel site. I contacted the hotel direct and booked airport pick up from Clark. When I exited the airport there was no one to be seen with my name, but after a quick visit to the CR (as they like to call it) he appeared, so no big deal there. When we reached the hotel I was immediately offered a free room upgrade from a standard room (Superior room) to a Residential Suite, normally priced at nearly 50% more. This is an amazing room for what I paid (3150 p) with a 60"TV, 53 square metres room, sitting area in front of the TV and a kitchen area too. The bathroom was not huge, but adequate and clean. Great room to share (see review in AC thread! We checked out the roof plaza about 1 am, and were the only ones there, apart from about 5 staff, who were able to provide food and drinks, very nice facility. All in all a really great experience, with just one fairly major mess. Up. When I checked in I asked them to book me on the Subic Swaggy bus the following day. It was too late to do it then, so they promised to do it in the morning. Sure enough I had a call about 8. 30 am to say it was booked and would leave at 12 midday. I went down at 11.30, and when the bus showed up at 11.45, it turned out to be the bus to Manila: the Subic bus went at 10 am! I was not best pleased, but the only thing they could offer was a slightly reduced rate for hotel car to Subic. I took that as I really needed to be there that day, but it spoiled an otherwise excellent experience. At the same time was another guy in the reception who had asked for a hotel car to go somewhere in AC, and had been waiting a long time. He said he normally stayed at the LGH (same owner) and had never had problem like that. I just left with the impression that the staff, pretty and friendly as they are, were not very experienced or helpful. A shame.

Threadbare
02-06-16, 19:28
I stayed recently at the Central Park Tower, booked direct. I have stayed previously at the Pacific Breeze (same owners) but wanted to try something a bit more up market. The whole experience was just as I expected, like Pacific Breeze but a bit more up market! Of course everything is brand new, so the rooms are immaculate, though same concept as PBH. I just love the roof plaza there, great views, and to answer some other comments, its open to non residents too. The food was really nice, its hard to find anything to complain about. The staff are very attentive, calling when your lady leaves to make sure everything is ok. On the roof plaza there are electronic call buttons on the table; you can call a waitress, or even ask for your bill by pressing a button! I love the roof plaza! Value for money is OK IMHO, especially taking into account the 10% cash discount. And of course close to the entertainment. I would go again. But if I was sure to get the upgrade at the Penthouse I reported on earlier, that would be the choice, that was great value for money!

Threadbare
02-06-16, 19:31
I stayed at the Penthouse twice, and it was absolutely fabulous. I got a great rate on Agoda.com, and I was impressed by it's cleanliness and overall luxury. The room is a bit small, but no big deal. The bed was always very comfortable and the hotel in great proximity to all the attractions.

RG.I stayed one night at the Penthouse a couple of weeks ago, booked through Agoda as they had a slightly cheaper rate than the hotel site. I contacted the hotel direct and booked airport pick up from Clark. When I exited the airport there was no one to be seen with my name, but after a quick visit to the CR (as they like to call it) he appeared, so no big deal there. When we reached the hotel I was immediately offered a free room upgrade from a standard room (Superior room) to a Residential Suite, normally priced at nearly 50% more. This is an amazing room for what I paid (3150 p) with a 60"TV, 53 square metres room, sitting area in front of the TV and a kitchen area too. The bathroom was not huge, but adequate and clean. Great room to share (see review in AC thread! We checked out the roof plaza about 1 am, and were the only ones there, apart from about 5 staff, who were able to provide food and drinks, very nice facility. All in all a really great experience, with just one fairly major mess. Up. When I checked in I asked them to book me on the Subic Swaggy bus the following day. It was too late to do it then, so they promised to do it in the morning. Sure enough I had a call about 8. 30 am to say it was booked and would leave at 12 midday. I went down at 11.30, and when the bus showed up at 11.45, it turned out to be the bus to Manila: the Subic bus went at 10 am! I was not best pleased, but the only thing they could offer was a slightly reduced rate for hotel car to Subic. I took that as I really needed to be there that day, but it spoiled an otherwise excellent experience. At the same time was another guy in the reception who had asked for a hotel car to go somewhere in AC, and had been waiting a long time. He said he normally stayed at the LGH (same owner) and had never had problem like that. I just left with the impression that the staff, pretty and friendly as they are, were not very experienced or helpful. A shame.

MeSoHorny
02-09-16, 13:38
To WorldTraveler.

There are not many nice hotel at Field yes hotel price is high in AC because there are not enough room most popular hotel are full most of the time, compare to Pattaya so many hotel room avalible price is much cheaper, there are large casino hotel around AC have nicer room but if you want to stay near field ABC is the best hotel.
I always thought the high prices exist because there are many guys that willing pay the price. Once the demands start dropping, the prices in theory should drop too.

Sadly there are limited options for cheap and affordable rooms in AC. There are enough two week millionaires to keep the hotels going.

Fast Eddie 48
02-10-16, 04:19
I always thought the high prices exist because there are many guys that willing pay the price. Once the demands start dropping, the prices in theory should drop too.

Sadly there are limited options for cheap and affordable rooms in AC. There are enough two week millionaires to keep the hotels going.To MeSoHorny.

I been coming to AC for more than 10 yr when I first came back in 2000 most budget monger come here for cheap sex, how days with the Korean there are more demand for highend hotel with the cost of mongering going up in Thailand and other SE Asia country AC is a bargin for them like you said the two week millionaires can come here and over spend.

Fast eddie 48.

MeSoHorny
02-10-16, 08:37
Since someone else posted about Orchid Inn in the Angeles thread.

I was wondering if anyone has stayed there since they have renovated. Have they renovated the rooms as well?

I like the location but the looks of the room doesn't seem worth it.

Tojo 5445
02-14-16, 21:59
I'm interested in booking at the Lewis Grand for my upcoming trip, but it looks as though the TV's have wood framing around them making their HDMI ports inaccessible. I'd like to be able to stream TV or shows from my home DVR while I'm there and watch them on the room's TV. There also appears to be a cable box or DVD player, I can't tell from the photos, that's hooked up. Do any of you know if it's connected to the TV w / an HDMI cable? This would allow me to simply unplug their cable / DVD player, and hook up my laptop. I've looked through page after page with no answer.

Thanks

WestCoast1
02-15-16, 01:36
I'm interested in booking at the Lewis Grand for my upcoming trip, but it looks as though the TV's have wood framing around them making their HDMI ports inaccessible. I'd like to be able to stream TV or shows from my home DVR while I'm there and watch them on the room's TV. There also appears to be a cable box or DVD player, I can't tell from the photos, that's hooked up. Do any of you know if it's connected to the TV w / an HDMI cable? This would allow me to simply unplug their cable / DVD player, and hook up my laptop. I've looked through page after page with no answer.

ThanksT: If you don't get an answer here, email the hotel directly and ask. AC is not exactly known for Internet bandwidth; you might find that streaming anything means many buffering interruptions, and lower-quality streaming (possibly 480 p) than you are used to, especially on a HD television.

GoodEnough
02-15-16, 11:07
T: If you don't get an answer here, email the hotel directly and ask. AC is not exactly known for Internet bandwidth; you might find that streaming anything means many buffering interruptions, and lower-quality streaming (possibly 480 p) than you are used to, especially on a HD television.For anyone to whom bandwidth is important in AC, the ABC just installed a dedicated line that puts out a steady 15-18 Mbps hotel-wide. It's the fastest I've found there.

GE.

Blanquiceleste
02-15-16, 13:07

ThanksI cannot offer any valuable advice here but the post did make me think about the TV sets in the LGH rooms. To be completely honest I have not used the TV even ONCE in all my time spent there. After all, between shagging the girl, lazing in the pool, hopping the bars and drinking and eating where is the time I ask you?

On a couple of occasions the young pinay in my room would fill her vacuous head with some TV while I would be either catching a nap or out in the balcony. But I swear I have not touched the TV remote in the room even once.

X Man
02-16-16, 11:44
With a hdmi cable you can have a lot of fun on the tv. Here are the pictures and or vid we just took. Aren't' you gorgeous.

I cannot offer any valuable advice here but the post did make me think about the TV sets in the LGH rooms. To be completely honest I have not used the TV even ONCE in all my time spent there. After all, between shagging the girl, lazing in the pool, hopping the bars and drinking and eating where is the time I ask you?

On a couple of occasions the young pinay in my room would fill her vacuous head with some TV while I would be either catching a nap or out in the balcony. But I swear I have not touched the TV remote in the room even once.

Key Master
02-17-16, 09:07
Lot of praise for Penthouse here lately. I'm a light sleeper and if you are also and end up on the Santos side of the building you will get destroyed by the sound of trikes 24 hours a day. It's pretty unbelievable that there is no sound insulation there.

My friend was there recently and had a lot of issues that could not or were not taken care of adequately by the hotel staff. Some of it may be due to possibly a shake up in management of the property.

I can't stay there since I am a light sleeper and at that type of cost should not have to deal with noise at that level.

Key Master
02-17-16, 09:13
I hope some other will pitch in with their favorite restaurants or favorite meals. I'll be in AC next month, so would like to try out some new places. And maybe some new gals as well! X.
I think the food quality at Windmill was pretty good. Think it's in the Royal Amsterdam Hotel right across from Oppa and Grand Central. I don't normally go for their steak offerings. The kebabs were pretty good along with some of their pasta dishes.

The only problem is that they seem to take a long time to prepare the food even when it looks slow.

GoodEnough
02-17-16, 10:39
I hope some other will pitch in with their favorite restaurants or favorite meals. I'll be in AC next month, so would like to try out some new places. And maybe some new gals as well! XI think the concept of great food in Angeles is somewhat of an oxymoron. However, I did try the Italian place--I think it's called Al Bacio--just about next to ABC. It's not great Italian food, but the quality is acceptable, the selection of wines is not bad, and the service is quite friendly amd pleasant. The waitress told me that the owner is also going to open a pastry / coffee shop adjacent to the restaurant as well as an al fresco dining terrace.

This is a city in which the number one rated restaurant on Trip Advisor is Swiss Chalet, which serves thoroughly mediocre Swiss / German food in a fairly raucous, somewhat unattractive setting and sells no drinkable wines. Next to that place, the Italian restaurant is a food Mecca.

If you're still planning on hitting Angeles give me a shout. Maybe we can meet for a day or two.

GE.

Screaming Beaver
02-17-16, 15:20
I think the concept of great food in Angeles is somewhat of an oxymoron.
GE.The best restaurant hands down in AC is Piccolo Padre. Italian chef and owner with excellent cuisine. It's certainly not inexpensive but well worth the price. I brought my favorite beaver there for Valentine's Day. I needed to make my reservations days in advance however normally you can just walk in.

Member #4566
02-17-16, 19:27
The Marble Inn has arguably the best food in Angeles. It is located on the same street as Swagman's (which has good food for the meat and potatoes lover) perhaps a nine iron shot to the north. It also has draft beer for those who like that option. I would also recommend the rooms as well. Although it is not located where the action is, thank God for tender mercies for who needs to be near that. Incidentally, I take jeeps whenever possible. The Angeles Foundation Medical School is located a 5 minute jeep ride from the Marble Inn. There is a Starbucks next door. My next project is to make that Starbucks part of my morning routine in the hopes of ingratiating myself to some medical students who might like the idea of enrolling in a residency program in my humble abode. Two can live as cheaply as one; We could share a vagina.

RameshPktr
02-20-16, 02:18
I am visiting in AC for the first time next month. On RTFM, I see most hotels charge approx. 5000 P. Is it the on going price?

Will I be able to get a decent Girls friendly accommodation within 1000- 2000 P?

Blanquiceleste
02-20-16, 06:18
The best restaurant hands down in AC is Piccolo Padre. Italian chef and owner with excellent cuisine. It's certainly not inexpensive but well worth the price. I brought my favorite beaver there for Valentine's Day. I needed to make my reservations days in advance however normally you can just walk in.I have not tried Piccolo Padre and I will on my next visit. That said I am not such a great lover of Italian cuisine.

I simply loved the food at Bif's Smoke & Grill. They have a Facebook page if you want to check it out. A bit on the pricey side but the food is fantastic and the portions are generous. I had a rack of ribs and I could not understand why they served a clump of rice with the ribs. The pork chops were brilliant. But the one thing that took my breath away was the burger. I am a burger guy and I know a good one when I see it.

The only downside is that this joint is way out in Nepo Quad. A trike ride can cost around 200 P one way (negotiated).

Blanquiceleste
02-20-16, 06:25
I am visiting in AC for the first time next month. On RTFM, I see most hotels charge approx. 5000 P. Is it the on going price?

Will I be able to get a decent Girls friendly accommodation within 1000- 2000 P?All hotels in AC are girl friendly. This has been repeated ad nauseam on this forum. One quick search on hotel booking sites like Agoda, Booking, Hotels with a price filter as per your preferences will yield sufficient results to choose from.

I really don't know of hotels other than ABC that charge 5000 P or more for a night. Are you sure you are not looking at hotels in LOS Angeles?

WestCoast1
02-20-16, 06:37

Will I be able to get a decent Girls friendly accommodation within 1000- 2000 P?You can find budget accommodations for much less, in the p1500 range, if you shop around. All hotels in the AC area are girl-friendly.

Sammon
02-20-16, 08:11

Will I be able to get a decent Girls friendly accommodation within 1000- 2000 P?Go to balibago.com.

It lists a number of hotels. Then go to individual website of the hotel and send them a e mail to find out if they have vacancy and prices for different types of rooms. Pay in cash when you stay and there will be a discount. Cheaper to book directly rather than go to agora, orbitz etc. This applies only to Angeles city. For Manila, Cebu etc it is better to book through discount hotel websites. Hotels combined.com will give you many options. Good Luck!

Kazeu
02-20-16, 09:14
I can recommend Devera hotel. Its right next to Ponytails bar. Walkable to Fields ave. I think their smallest room comes in at around 1500 php / night.

Will I be able to get a decent Girls friendly accommodation within 1000- 2000 P?

Fast Eddie 48
02-20-16, 22:03
I can recommend Devera hotel. Its right next to Ponytails bar. Walkable to Fields ave. I think their smallest room comes in at around 1500 php / night.To Kazeu.

The cheapest room in Devera is the standard small room with in room safe and double bed for 1200 php book direct on their website book ahead they do sell out fast.

Fast eddie 48.

RameshPktr
02-21-16, 03:47
Thank you all! I am much relieved after checking http://balibago.com/..

My budget to spend at AC for 5-7 days is 20 K P for accommodation and girls.

I'm still exploring the forum to know more about the ongoing price for the girls at Bar, freelancers / Street walkers.

Is 2000 P. For ST or do girls stay LT for 2000 - 3000 P?

Any particular reason for not to pick girls from street and avoid Bar fine?

Also, is there any big difference between picking girl from bar and from street?

To Kazeu.

The cheapest room in Devera is the standard small room with in room safe and double bed for 1200 php book direct on their website book ahead they do sell out fast.

Fast eddie 48.

X Man
02-21-16, 16:39
Just go there and ask people you meet. Bar hop and ask a few ladies. I've been bouncing around Asia for thirty years and I still follow the same advice I just gave you.

I'm still exploring the forum to know more about the ongoing price for the girls at Bar, freelancers / Street walkers.

Also, is there any big difference between picking girl from bar and from street?

WestCoast1
02-21-16, 16:56

Also, is there any big difference between picking girl from bar and from street?PM me for details.

Fast Eddie 48
02-22-16, 23:33

Also, is there any big difference between picking girl from bar and from street?To Rameshpktr.

If you only have 20 k budget for a week don't plan on getting a 3000 p bar girl every night but you can always get a 1000 k ugly girl st at blow row, I will not pick up any girl on the st there will be a chance of getting scam try to have a bigger budget you will have a better time.

Fast eddie 48.

Blanquiceleste
02-23-16, 12:01
My budget to spend at AC for 5-7 days is 20 K P for accommodation and girls.How have you planned this? I mean what is the rough division in budget and what is the game plan?

I am asking because even at a base rate of 1000 P per night for the hotel you are looking at 7000 P for the week. Add to it another 400 P a day for food. Will you drink at least 1 or 2 pints of beer a day? That will be another 200 P a day. Totals to 4200 P for 7 days. Add this to the hotel tariff and you have spent 11200 P for 7 days already.

This leaves you with 8800 P for mongering (lady drinks, all-in barfines, trike costs and tips). Further, if you are travelling thru Manila onward to AC and back, you need to keep some budget aside for ground transportation.

Its going to be a real tight squeeze IMHO.

Good luck and report back how it went down!

Sammon
02-23-16, 12:32
AC as a visitor is expensive. Enticing bars, enticing girls, glitzy shows, pushy mama sans and waitresses. Before long you get caught up on all this and it costs money. In spite of your best efforts to be frugal unless you are staying in your room looking at the walls you need money to enjoy the visit. Add manicure, pedicure, massage etc. Did you know the girl you just bar fined is always hungry?

Whoever is visiting AC should be ready to splurge little to make the visit memorable.

X Man
02-23-16, 15:51
Excellent info for the budget AC newcomer. I'm usually at the $100 a day range, not counting transportation in and out. I guess that's about P4,500.

Right across from Orchid Inn, one block off of Fields, there is a hotel at about 1000 P. I stayed there once just to have a "short time" place before the evening flight to Cebu. That is a stone's throw from Raymonds St, and a block from Santos, both of which have some very cheap options for YouKnowWhat. (I'm curious how the intrusive auto editor will change that last word).

If someone stayed there, they wouldn't need any trikes. I didn't use any trikes on my last two visits, but the weather was cooler than it is now. I walked quite a bit. I also had some contacts who came direct to the hotel. No EWR, no girl in high heels who might prefer the trike. Money saved.

I agree with Blanq. Five day adventure might be safer. X.

How have you planned this? I mean what is the rough division in budget and what is the game plan?

I am asking because even at a base rate of 1000 P per night for the hotel you are looking at 7000 P for the week. Add to it another 400 P a day for food. Will you drink at least 1 or 2 pints of beer a day? That will be another 200 P a day. Totals to 4200 P for 7 days. Add this to the hotel tariff and you have spent 11200 P for 7 days already.

This leaves you with 8800 P for mongering (lady drinks, all-in barfines, trike costs and tips). Further, if you are travelling thru Manila onward to AC and back, you need to keep some budget aside for ground transportation.

Its going to be a real tight squeeze IMHO.

Good luck and report back how it went down!

Mogwai
02-25-16, 10:29
Excellent info for the budget AC newcomer. Except that 400 P a day for food is not much. Unless you eat Jollibee 3 times a day and even then 400 P is not enough I think.
A (more or less) decent lunch or dinner including a drink will set you back about 300 to 400 P. Add another 100 to 200 P for breakfast and you're looking at 700 to 1000 P a day.

X Man
02-26-16, 00:50
Good point Mog. You'd have to eat with the locals to stay at 400. SM AC has a better than average food court IMHO.

I thought the p200 meal at Rosalino's on MacArthur was a hell of a bargain. (see pic).

Except that 400 P a day for food is not much. Unless you eat Jollibee 3 times a day and even then 400 P is not enough I think.
A (more or less) decent lunch or dinner including a drink will set you back about 300 to 400 P. Add another 100 to 200 P for breakfast and you're looking at 700 to 1000 P a day.

Blanquiceleste
02-26-16, 02:02
Except that 400 P a day for food is not much. Unless you eat Jollibee 3 times a day and even then 400 P is not enough I think.
A (more or less) decent lunch or dinner including a drink will set you back about 300 to 400 P. Add another 100 to 200 P for breakfast and you're looking at 700 to 1000 P a day.I completely agree with you Mogwai. But my suggestion was for someone on a shoestring budget. You could also say that 2 pints of beer a day is insufficient hydration. Likewise 1000 P will only get you a tiny shoebox of a room in a not-so-nice hotel.

I am never amazed by what people can do to stay on budget.

Robbaf
02-26-16, 02:10
Another hotel link, not sure how current it is. http://www.margaritastation.com/hotels.html.

RameshPktr
02-27-16, 18:31
Sorry for the delay in reply. I was at Dubai for last weekend couldn't access ISG.

After exploring more, I realized 20 K P for 5 days would be too stingy.

A decent accommodation will set me back by 2 K P per day. Food and drinks might be 500 P. Girls might be 2 K P / night, LT?

Keeping 500 P for extra buffer like trikes, I hope I can do decent with 5 K P / day. So, 25 K P for accommodation and fun, for 5 days.

In other places, repeating same girl has always improved the GFE and reduced the cost involved. I hope this will be applicable for AC / Manila too, isn't?

And, 2 K P for full night is common price or that is the lowest of spectrum?

Fast Eddie 48
02-28-16, 22:51
Sorry for the delay in reply. I was at Dubai for last weekend couldn't access ISG.

A decent accommodation will set me back by 2 K P per day. Food and drinks might be 500 P. Girls might be 2 K P / night, LT?

Keeping 500 P for extra buffer like trikes, I hope I can do decent with 5 K P / day. So, 25 K P for accommodation and fun, for 5 days.

In other places, repeating same girl has always improved the GFE and reduced the cost involved. I hope this will be applicable for AC / Manila too, isn't?

And, 2 K P for full night is common price or that is the lowest of spectrum?To Rameshpktr.

You want to spend 500 p for drink and food a day, I hope you are planning on eating sandwich and drink water all day.

Fast eddie 48.

Pantot
02-29-16, 01:23

And, 2 K P for full night is common price or that is the lowest of spectrum?If you are trying to save money you can pretty much walk everywhere when you are by yourself in the monger areas. Avoid the trikes they are the biggest waste of money for sevice they provide. If P2000 is your girl budget stay away from fields and stick to the bars on the area where you see the perimeter fence on the north side of the road they are more spread out but the prices are lower than fields area.

If you are trying to save money on food avoid Jollibee and all the fast food places at all costs if you with to live a long life I bet 90% of the food comes from China. Eat at the Filipino cafeterias just past Manson drug on that side road that has the concrete barriers where the trikes jump the sidewalks I think its Teodoro street hell there are no street signs. The last couple of visits I just ordered free water and the take it from the 5 gallon jugs and I didn't get dysentery. The food is pretty tasty if its a short visit.

Even if you do all that bring more money you never know. Alot of places have 90-100 peso breakfasts like phillies etc. If you not a big eater and can get by with small portions. I trust the Filipino cafeteria eateries 100 times more than the fast food places which are serving human poison IMO.

If you are going very low budget you can spend less than 2000 pesos per day on a room and get by. The girls don't give a shit what kind of room you stay in most sleep in shifts on foam pads on floors in AC.

I spend over triple what you are budgeting in AC per day because I combine these cheap charlie practices with relatively extravagant over paying on other things, multiple girls per day or 3 somes, seeing old GF etc. Taking girls to movies. Sometimes drinking alcohol, buying ladies drinks.

But that's my budget advice.

X Man
02-29-16, 10:47
FE, I just posted a picture of a P200 meal that included half a friggin chicken. Your post is unnecessarily negative and probably not helpful. This is especially not helpful considering the earlier posts giving some budget travel info. No offense, but read back a bit before you make your post. This is always good advice for newbies, but also good advice for us cranky old-timers.

To Rameshpktr.

You want to spend 500 p for drink and food a day, I hope you are planning on eating sandwich and drink water all day.

Fast eddie 48.

X Man
02-29-16, 10:54
GFE, the short answer is yes. The other answer is "no".

Your last question is a bit insulting. I've already told you that rooms can be had for 1 K. Nevertheless, good luck.

And, 2 K P for full night is common price or that is the lowest of spectrum?

Fast Eddie 48
03-01-16, 02:33
FE, I just posted a picture of a P200 meal that included half a friggin chicken. Your post is unnecessarily negative and probably not helpful. This is especially not helpful considering the earlier posts giving some budget travel info. No offense, but read back a bit before you make your post. This is always good advice for newbies, but also good advice for us cranky old-timers.To X man.

The newbie are taking about 500 p budget a day on food and drink, I know you spend more than 1000 p a day just on drink at bar included lady drinks I know I do and I am not even a big drinker just a few imported beer, I just point out the fact to a newbie what he can expect for 500 p a day why so upset.

Fast eddie 48.

BeersTerry
03-26-16, 22:50
Any updates or recent information? The last post regarding this hotel was 5 years ago.

Pute Nut
03-26-16, 23:09
Any updates or recent information? The last post regarding this hotel was 5 years ago.This is not a bad hotel. Great location near Fields, decent, clean rooms, although somewhat small. Nice layout with a courtyard pool. Decent buffets for AC.

BeersTerry
03-26-16, 23:36
Thanks, are those Saturday beauty / bikini contests anything? Collecting available talent for the bretheren?

X Man
03-29-16, 14:46
Scorebirds didn't exist five years ago.

Any updates or recent information? The last post regarding this hotel was 5 years ago.

Pip Jaeger
03-29-16, 16:04
Thanks, are those Saturday beauty / bikini contests anything? I went to one a few weeks ago. They're ok, often it depends on the crowd as to how lively the contestants are. If I remember right they're sponsored by the Dollyouse Group, so basically the "contests" are just another means of helping you part with your $$ However, since there's not a lot to do in AC during the daytime it might worth going. Sometimes they can get quite crowded, so if you and the "brethren" want a good seat then go early.

Collecting available talent for the bretheren?Not sure what you mean. If you're referring to getting phone numbers of the contestants, then yes, it's a vague possibility. If you mean scoping out what bars to go to later to barfine a girl from the contest, then yes, also possible.

BeersTerry
03-29-16, 18:29
I was talking about taking one of those nice young ladies upstairs as I was thinking of staying at ScoreBirds. Daytime fun is better than nighttime fun as I probably will be in bed by midnight.
Is someone is going to tell me that the hotel options are way better elsewhere ? Have booked accomodations in Manila and Cebu as per suggestions. Was waiting to book in person in Angles as also suggested.

Okay so I have bad eyesight. It may not have been 5 years ago. Have to read fast and drop out of screens lest someone walk in on me reading this stuff.

FunExplorer
04-01-16, 11:19
I am planning to be in Hidden Pearl Hotel (Janus Luxury Suites) in Angeles going by description of the hotel.

I would be much obliged for feedback on this hotel. I would also be thankful if you seniors could let me know if this is a girl friendly hotel. My understanding is that all hotels.

In Angeles are girl friendly.

Screaming Beaver
04-02-16, 01:17
I am planning to be in Hidden Pearl Hotel (Janus Luxury Suites) in Angeles going by description of the hotel.

I would be much obliged for feedback on this hotel. I would also be thankful if you seniors could let me know if this is a girl friendly hotel. My understanding is that all hotels..I would stay away from any hotels at this time that are located on Narcisso Street. They are rebuilding the road and the jack hammers are causing lots of noise.

In Angeles are girl friendly.Yes, all hotels in AC are girl friendly. In the event you get arrested for anything and are taken down to a cell at Station 4 you can even negotiate a GF friendly cell during your stay.

Robbaf
04-02-16, 01:46

I would be much obliged for feedback on this hotel. I would also be thankful if you seniors could let me know if this is a girl friendly hotel. My understanding is that all hotels.

In Angeles are girl friendly.I would say yes to girl friendly, as 99.9% of AC hotels know why we are there.

Robb.

Tojo 5445
04-04-16, 10:13
I stayed at Devera as the price seemed good, the reviews were alright and I really wanted a Jacuzzi Suite and didn't want to pay a fortune. I regret it a bit. The rooms are starting to age and just have a somewhat sticky feel to them. There are obviously much worse in AC, but I'll probably pay more for something nicer next time.

BeersTerry
04-09-16, 03:32
All right, I am reading too many reports that Devera has a roach problem so I will give that a miss.

ScoreBirds has too much noise.

Perimeter Hotel is full and not taking reservations.

I have now narrowed down to to Orchid Inns (as opposed to Wild Ordhid Resort, yes same owner but different property) or Amsterdamn.

Opinions? Advice?

Fast Eddie 48
04-09-16, 18:49
All right, I am reading too many reports that Devera has a roach problem so I will give that a miss.

ScoreBirds has too much noise.

Perimeter Hotel is full and not taking reservations.

I have now narrowed down to to Orchid Inns (as opposed to Wild Ordhid Resort, yes same owner but different property) or Amsterdamn.

Opinions? Advice?To BeersTerry.

So you don't think Ordhid and other hotel don't have any Roach, if you are scare of roach just stay away from SE ASIA because they are every where.

Fast eddie 48.

BeersTerry
04-09-16, 22:48
Thank you for your input too Fast Eddie, it was both informative and insightful.

Lots of things creep me out.....not just insects

Fast Eddie 48
04-10-16, 23:27
Thank you for your input too Fast Eddie, it was both informative and insightful.

Lots of things creep me out.....not just insectsTo Beersterry.

There are more creepy thing in AC than the insects like the Scammer and beggar you need to watch out for.

Fast eddie 48.

Naughty
04-28-16, 05:09
FE, I just posted a picture of a P200 meal that included half a friggin chicken.The half chicken is a great deal. Very tasty and really enough for a light meal for two.

X Man
04-30-16, 02:27
Naughty, you are quoting my Feb post which is info from my January trip. I think Rosalinda moved location back in March. They were on MacArthur. I was told they moved around the corner. Prices may have changed but they used to have a great P200 half chicken meal.

The half chicken is a great deal. Very tasty and really enough for a light meal for two.

BeersTerry
04-30-16, 16:11
Ya, after reading the reports I went for a little better hotel. Incredible how all the hotels tell you that they are filling up fast and have limited availability. Reports I had been reading say that it is slow starting in May, I assume that is the case as a friend on the ground tells me the same.

Fastpiston
05-03-16, 02:34
To BeersTerry.

So you don't think Ordhid and other hotel don't have any Roach, if you are scare of roach just stay away from SE ASIA because they are every where.

Fast eddie 48.Maybe the well fed rat I saw at the Orchid is dealing with the roaches?

X Man
05-04-16, 12:39
I woke up in the middle of the night to see a large rat on the kitchen counter (at her studio home in Olongapo). I was going to throw a shoe, but the gal stopped me. She didn't want any of the dishes to get broken. First world vs. Third world priorities! btw, Asian cockroaches sometimes fly.

Maybe the well fed rat I saw at the Orchid is dealing with the roaches?.

Sammon
05-05-16, 02:42
I woke up in the middle of the night to see a large rat on the kitchen counter (at her studio home in Olongapo). I was going to throw a shoe, but the gal stopped me. She didn't want any of the dishes to get broken. First world vs. Third world priorities! btw, Asian cockroaches sometimes fly.

.Apart from cockroaches, mice there are ants which bite, house lizards, centipedes etc. Some rooms have insect killer cans. This is common in lower class hotels.

Fast Eddie 48
05-21-16, 01:28
I just talk my buddy just got back from AC he stay at Devera that I recommend, he pick up a girl at club Asia return to Devera hotel he ask the security to check the girl ID for age and told the security to keep the ID until the girl leave and tip him 100 p,after one round the girl want to go back to the bar to pick up her check and told him she will come back in one HR look like a runner story, she leave and the security call my buddy he told him that she is coming back and don't return her ID after 2 HR 2. Am she return and stay until the morning no bad for a newbie to AC.

Fast Eddie 48.

Blanquiceleste
05-21-16, 04:19
I just talk my buddy just got back from AC he stay at Devera that I recommend, he pick up a girl at club Asia return to Devera hotel he ask the security to check the girl ID for age and told the security to keep the ID until the girl leave and tip him 100 p,after one round the girl want to go back to the bar to pick up her check and told him she will come back in one HR look like a runner story, she leave and the security call my buddy he told him that she is coming back and don't return her ID after 2 HR 2. Am she return and stay until the morning no bad for a newbie to AC.

Fast Eddie 48.Its a tip well directed indeed. But if the girl had no intention to return and share your bed for the rest of the night I would not push it. If she was "coerced" into it by the fact that the security guy held her ID card, she might just feign illness or become a complete starfish or worse yet, call the cops and cry [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123). If the girl wants to run, fuck it, let her run. Not worth keeping someone back against their wish. Its a mindfuck for everyone.

My 2 pesos worth.

Sammon
05-21-16, 05:57

Fast Eddie 48.Security guy is local. Lawfully he cannot hold I. The when the girl leaves runner or not. As for you I presume is a foreign national it is dangerous. What you are doing is pure slavery. Maybe you are from the Middle East where they do it regularly to their employees.

Runner or not she has a right come and go as she pleases. You can only complain if you want to go to the bar. But if she has opened her legs one time for you deal is done as far as bar is concerned.

Do not do it anymore. You are lucky you are not locked up. People have been locked up for less than that.

Fast Eddie 48
05-24-16, 01:37
Security guy is local. Lawfully he cannot hold I. The when the girl leaves runner or not. As for you I presume is a foreign national it is dangerous. What you are doing is pure slavery. Maybe you are from the Middle East where they do it regularly to their employees.

Runner or not she has a right come and go as she pleases. You can only complain if you want to go to the bar. But if she has opened her legs one time for you deal is done as far as bar is concerned.

Do not do it anymore. You are lucky you are not locked up. People have been locked up for less than that.To Sammon.

That is bull you have your head up your ass. Many hotel policy have security and front desk hold the visitor ID to protect their customer, hotel in Manila and Bangkok do that but it is not AC hotel policy, the security just hold the girl ID she is allow to go back to the bar to pick up her money and she is OK with that.

Fast Eddie 48.

BeersTerry
05-24-16, 11:35
I am told that girls generally cannot leave unescorted or without you saying everything is okay.

Once she has left, and if she has taken things from your room, you have no recourse.

Fast Eddie 48
05-24-16, 20:28
I am told that girls generally cannot leave unescorted or without you saying everything is okay.

Once she has left, and if she has taken things from your room, you have no recourse.To Beersterry.

Yes you are correct you can always go back to the bar AC hotel do thing different front desk will ask the girl when she leave which room is she is from and call the room made sure everything is OK but that is not always the case, hotel in Manila, Bangkok many other country policy visitor need to show and leave the ID in the front desk for customer protections.

Fast Eddie 48.

Sammon
05-25-16, 03:10
To Sammon.

That is bull you have your head up your ass. Many hotel policy have security and front desk hold the visitor ID to protect their customer, hotel in Manila and Bangkok do that but it is not AC hotel policy, the security just hold the girl ID she is allow to go back to the bar to pick up her money and she is OK with that.

Fast Eddie 48.You are wrong. Security cannot hold the I. D when the girl leaves the hotel. Security can hold the I.D while the girl is inside and give it back to her when she leaves. If she tries to enter again security can ask and hold her I.D Holding I. D for the LT promise to return is against the law. Your friend bribed the security guy to hold her I.D against her will for the express purpose to make sure she will return. The girl could have gone directly to the police and your friend would have been in a whole lot of shit!

Only in China they still hold your passport till you check out. This is for police check reason. But the girl never leaves her I. d when she enters. Sometimes they do check only.

Even in Thailand they cannot hold the I. D when the girl leaves the hotel.

Check your head and brain. It must be well inside your ass!

BrainDrain
05-25-16, 08:04

Once she has left, and if she has taken things from your room, you have no recourse.There is no city wide policy in AC. Maybe the larger more organised hotels will at least be consistent from week to week, day to day.

If you want something, then communication is the way to go. It's just another city. Be polite, be nice.

BD.

LawsonCraig28
07-04-16, 10:07
There is no city wide policy in AC. Maybe the larger more organised hotels will at least be consistent from week to week, day to day.

If you want something, then communication is the way to go. It's just another city. Be polite, be nice.

BD.It depends on the Hotel, officially there is no law, but most reputable Hotels will ask for IDs and the front desk will check with the guest to see if everything is all right. If in doubt just put a request in with the front desk and security. Their are many good hotels at a budget price that do this like Saleh Hotel, Janus, Sunmoon.

HornDog 3
07-18-16, 12:52
Does anyone have info on the hotel? I might be able to get a deluxe queen room for a very good rate. It looks like it may not be to far from the action.

Thanks for any info given.

HD3.

X Man
07-19-16, 01:56
I don't know your history in AC, so sorry if I'm stating the obvious. To get to Fields you'll have to cross MacArthur Hwy. It's a big noisy road prone to traffic jams. There may be a traffic light at the Fields intersection, but I don't remember for sure.

BTW, I've never stayed there. X.

Does anyone have info on the hotel? I might be able to get a deluxe queen room for a very good rate. It looks like it may not be to far from the action.

Thanks for any info given.

HD3.

Dg8787
07-19-16, 02:29
I don't know your history in AC, so sorry if I'm stating the obvious. To get to Fields you'll have to cross MacArthur Hwy. It's a big noisy road prone to traffic jams. There may be a traffic light at the Fields intersection, but I don't remember for sure.

BTW, I've never stayed there. X.MacArthur has fence down the middle median now. However there is a cross walk across MacArthur to Fields.

Apeman 28
07-23-16, 07:55
Was going to stay here again but Swagman bus told me its being renovated. Walked past it and there was a sign saying available for rent WTF.

Anyone know what happened? I miss the pool.

BrainDrain
07-24-16, 22:02
Has anyone ever stayed in Tarlac, POrac or San Fernando adjacent towns to AC?

Just wondering if their are random mongering oportunities as there are many less foreigners.

Met a SF University girl who had come to AC so I'm wondering if there are lots of other uni girls there.

I did swing by SM Pamanga one day, less (zero) westerners.

BD.

Docwiltro
07-28-16, 11:30
Was going to stay here again but Swagman bus told me its being renovated. Walked past it and there was a sign saying available for rent WTF.

Anyone know what happened? I miss the pool.The landowner wanted more in a new lease than the hotelier (Swiss German) was willing to pay. Their profit margin was limited because of the age of the property and also, they had many, many long time employees. It was really sad to see as SG was an institution in its own right.

Apeman 28
07-31-16, 23:50
Thanks, typical PI logic screw the foreigners. I'd dare say it will now become another bull dozed block getting the PI owner fuck all income.

Yep sad about the staff.

The landowner wanted more in a new lease than the hotelier (Swiss German) was willing to pay. Their profit margin was limited because of the age of the property and also, they had many, many long time employees. It was really sad to see as SG was an institution in its own right.

Dg8787
08-01-16, 05:18
Thanks, typical PI logic screw the foreigners. I'd dare say it will now become another bull dozed block getting the PI owner fuck all income.

Yep sad about the staff.I am trying to understand how you arrived at the conclusion the PI landlord was trying to screw the foreigner?

DrackMore
08-03-16, 10:59
Guys,

Looking for smoking Room in 4 Star Hotel like Penthouse in Fields Ave. , Please suggest.

DrackMore

Shrek5
08-18-16, 17:47
On every corner you can get a typical American or Filipinos or anything breakfast with a lot of eggs and meat, but is there also a place where they serve a sweet continental breakfast without meat and instead with cheese, yogurt, marmalade, toast, orange juice and a like?

Thanks.

Bkgee
08-29-16, 01:15
Guys,

Looking for smoking Room in 4 Star Hotel like Penthouse in Fields Ave. , Please suggest.

DrackMoreYou can try Central Park Resort, they do have smoking rooms. Rooms are about 3300 pesos a night.

FritsVanegter
08-29-16, 17:43
On every corner you can get a typical American or Filipinos or anything breakfast with a lot of eggs and meat, but is there also a place where they serve a sweet continental breakfast without meat and instead with cheese, yogurt, marmalade, toast, orange juice and a like?

Thanks.Hello,

You could try Swiss Chalet. I know for sure they have nice bread and Swiss cheese.

Greetings,

Frits

Jeff6276
09-09-16, 10:46
Will be in Angeles early December. Any suggestions on hotels close to the action? Which bars are the best?

Amanut
09-09-16, 19:56
Will be in Angeles early December. Any suggestions on hotels close to the action? Which bars are the best?I suggest you are in the correct thread. Reading it will be very helpful to you.

Johnny Five
09-09-16, 21:06
Will be in Angeles early December. Any suggestions on hotels close to the action? Which bars are the best?Your question is highly subjective. Do you want to be steps away from the action or do you mind a short trike ride? I personally like to be close, but not too close. Your budget is another variable. I have had pleasant stays at the Lewis Grand hotel on my cherry trip and also at The Pad hotel. The location of these two hotels suits me just fine. I suggest reading through the many pages of valuable info here while utilizing Google maps to best help make your decision.

Golfinho
09-09-16, 22:50
Will be in Angeles early December. Any suggestions on hotels close to the action? Which bars are the best?The forum can only be be of so much help in subjective decisions. Reserve something in your budget range for the first two nights (especially if it is a weekend), then look around and find the hotel that is optimal for you. Same basic strategy to use wherever you go.

BaboyDave
09-09-16, 23:32
Will be in Angeles early December. Any suggestions on hotels close to the action? Which bars are the best?As I can relate to the hassle in going through hundreds of forum pages to make a decision, I will avoid the usual RTFF responses (even though I have received them myself).

As for your question, there are 2 main factors to take into consideration to get any relevant information. Budget and size of party. It really depends if you'll be travelling alone or with others, as well as how much you are willing to spend.

The top tier hotels are the Fields Plaza Suites (FPS) and the Angeles Beach Club (ABC), Central park and Lewis grand are also nicer than others. On the other hand, there are budget options which are still right in the middle of the action like Queens, Pacific Breeze, Scorebirds, walkabout and Royal Amsterdam.

In the end of the day, Angeles city is small and you should factor in what most matters to you. You could also use the map view on Booking.com to see which hotel is where.

Good luck.

BrainDrain
09-10-16, 22:16
Will be in Angeles early December. Any suggestions on hotels close to the action? Which bars are the best?For the best AC experience.

I suggest that you book a penthouse at ABC Hotel.

I suggest you swing by Dollhouse each night and pick a girl from there.

For me, I will be booking a hotel away from the action and scouring the perimerter bars.

BrainDrain
09-11-16, 22:12
Over the past week I've started seeing a few mentions of "kandi apartments". Website says "Stay from Php 22,000 per month".

Anyone stayed there?

Fastpiston
09-12-16, 23:27
New at Clarkton is they no longer give 10% discount on stays paid for in cash for over 7 days. Now one gets 5% only. I am surprised at this considering the Orchid Inn is offering 30% discount on all room during September for stays over 3 days.

Fast Internet discontinued, now very slow indeed.

Restaurant used to flexible on making changes to breakfast menus, they are no longer doing this. Menu or nothing.

Fastpiston
09-12-16, 23:28
For the best AC experience.

I suggest that you book a penthouse at ABC Hotel.

I suggest you swing by Dollhouse each night and pick a girl from there.

For me, I will be booking a hotel away from the action and scouring the perimerter bars.My friend, you forgot to quote the price!

Fast Eddie 48
09-13-16, 00:52
My friend, you forgot to quote the price!To Fastpiston.

Why don't you go to agoda or booking.com and look up the rate book it yourself, this is ISG not a travel agents yes ABC got the best room in AC but expensive.

Fast Eddie 48.

GoodEnough
09-13-16, 04:50
The rack rate at ABC for the least expensive room is about $110, and the most expensive about $280, with about three options in between. The new building, number 4, will doubtless be more expensive still. The price demanded for cabanas for the New Year's party on the top of the new building is $3,000 for the best cabana, and no I didn't mistake dollars for pesos. I am guessing the new building procs are going to be quite steep.

I've never stayed in another hotel in Angeles so I can't comment on value for money. However, despite its self-proclaimed five star status, I would rate the place as, at best, a four star when compared with true luxury hotels such as Raffles in Makati for example. Still, it's a fun place, the service is friendly and good and I'd not stay anywhere else. The food is hardly gourmet, but it's certainly acceptable plus the ladies seem to love it.

GE.

Macho Dik
09-13-16, 09:25
To Fastpiston.

Why don't you go to agoda or booking.com and look up the rate book it yourself, this is ISG not a travel agents yes ABC got the best room in AC but expensive.

Fast Eddie 48.Hi FE 48.

How about Central park tower resort? Is this recomended, wish to hear more about this hotel? How this compare to Lewis grand?

I initially wish to stay in ABC but the price seems to be too high. save the money for the P*S*Y.

Cheers,

MD.

IllusionHeart
09-13-16, 10:42
Hi FE 48.

How about Central park tower resort? Is this recomended, wish to hear more about this hotel? How this compare to Lewis grand?

I initially wish to stay in ABC but the price seems to be too high. save the money for the P*S*Y.

Cheers,

MD.MD, LGH is going to cost you approx 92 US per night inclusive of taxes for a Deluxe Room (excludjng breakfast) with a balcony overlooking the pool. It is a very good place and rooms are maintained very well. WiFi is also excellent as they have a router / repeater installed in most rooms. It is slightly far from Fields if you mind a15 minute walk. They do have a shuttle (toyota innova) which is free for most of the areas people generally visit. It's not like Sofitel in Manila but highly recommended provided it meets ones budget. I have never found ABC to be VFM and the second option I would actually go for is the Wild orchid resort but that's my personal opinion.

I am a regular at LGH, have stayed there 4 times (also got upgraded to poolside jacuzzi suite during last new years stay for 4 nights) and am also booked for 5th time in near future. I have also contemplated on booking at CPH as it cost's less and is near Fields but somehow never gone ahead with it. Don't think it would compare to room quality and other infrastructure facilities at LGH.

StudBucket
09-15-16, 03:20
Over the past week I've started seeing a few mentions of "kandi apartments". Website says "Stay from Php 22,000 per month".

Anyone stayed there?We did not stayed there but last trip we took a tour of a couple of the rooms. Firstly, keep in mind this is not a hotel or apartahotel in which you get regular maid service, towels, etc. Many of the people permanently reside in these buildings and are owners of individual units there, so it is more like a condominium association. They do happen to rent units or "apartments" as they call them for owners and charge a fee, etc. They also have several buildings they own but all locations are off of the beaten path. But, we found out when touring the units you had to pay for electricity even for renting the units, were limited with towels and sheets and it did not have a lot of amenites. . But, the units were very nice, and modern. Obviously the theécor will vary from unit to unit, and some are 2 bedroom, some are 1 bedroom. One thing we do know is that is not near the main areas off Perimeter or Fields Avenue for example, and it would not be the safest walk at night from Perimeter as it is several long blocks from there. Lighting would be poor in the streets around here so you should factor in daily trike expense.

I would consider this option only if staying there long periods, at least 1 month or more, and were okay with the idea of being able to trike. But, for us, we felt the inconvenience of the locations far exceeded the benefit of the niceness factors. Angeles has many nice hotels in great locations closer to the action.

StudBucket
09-15-16, 03:26
Hi FE 48.

Cheers,

MD.MD, we have stayed at Central Park Tower Resort and absolutely love it. In fact, it is even nicer and cleaner than the Penthouse Hotel. The lobby and rooms have marble, service and staff are great, there is a great pool upstairs, and the rooms are nicely decorated. I am one who usually looks for not the most expensive hotels but the best value for the price in the 4 star range at least. I can honestly say Central Park Resort would easily rival the Lewis Grand, and you will be closer to Fields Ave. Which is a major convenience. Also, the Executive Room will only set you back about $68 a night. I am not saying they are the top of the line rooms Angeles has to offer, but I would say they are in the top 4 along with ABC, Lewis Grand, and Penthouse. But again, the cost of the rooms will allow you to stay in a great place, be in the best location (convenient location near Fields Ave.), and you can put the rest of the money into girls. Just my two cents.

X Man
09-15-16, 16:01
When ABC first opened years ago they had a big sign that said $99. Guys here at ISG said that no one would ever pay such a big price in AC. They were wrong.

They do have a bit of sand around the pool to justify the A Beach Club moniker. There is no beach and there isn't much of a pool. That's the deal killer for me.

I also went to the roof top bar. Three staff, my date, and I. I could have clicked my fingers and one would have come running. Actually, I could have winked and one would have come running. I don't really need that type of service. Just leave me alone.

The new construction directly across from the original Orchid Inn is apparently ABC. I'm not sure what building number 4 is.

The rack rate at ABC for the least expensive room is about $110, and the most expensive about $280, with about three options in between. The new building, number 4, will doubtless be more expensive still. The price demanded for cabanas for the New Year's party on the top of the new building is $3,000 for the best cabana, and no I didn't mistake dollars for pesos. I am guessing the new building procs are going to be quite steep.

I've never stayed in another hotel in Angeles so I can't comment on value for money. However, despite its self-proclaimed five star status, I would rate the place as, at best, a four star when compared with true luxury hotels such as Raffles in Makati for example. Still, it's a fun place, the service is friendly and good and I'd not stay anywhere else. The food is hardly gourmet, but it's certainly acceptable plus the ladies seem to love it.

GE.

ConquerorVal
09-15-16, 22:25
MD, we have stayed at Central Park Tower Resort and absolutely love it. In fact, it is even nicer and cleaner than the Penthouse Hotel I am not saying they are the top of the line rooms Angeles has to offer, but I would say they are in the top 4 along with ABC, Lewis Grand, and Penthouse. But again, the cost of the rooms will allow you to stay in a great place, be in the best location (convenient location near Fields Ave.), and you can put the rest of the money into girls. Just my two cents.I think Queen's hotel is as good as Penthouse and significantly better value. IMHO. Paying only $75 Cndn per night. Will have to check out the Central Park Tower during my next visit.

BrainDrain
09-15-16, 23:10
I would consider this option only if staying there long periods, at least 1 month or more, and were okay with the idea of being able to trike. But, for us, we felt the inconvenience of the locations far exceeded the benefit of the niceness factors. Angeles has many nice hotels in great locations closer to the action.Thanks for the feedback. Makes sense to stay reasonably close to amenities.

The idea of the two bedroom is appealing. I am thinking of finding a maid whom can live in bedroom 2 and do my daily chores while I'm working.

Engine Driver
09-18-16, 02:45
This is my fourth visit to AC and my fourth stay at the Lewis Grand. I will not stay here again. The place is really run down and it's obvious the owner is scrimping on maintenance. On each visit, the hotel is looking increasingly worn out. It is not worth $100 a night.

The carpets are all marked and worn. The towels are very thin and frayed. The tiles need regrouting. The pool needs a complete refurbishment. There is mould everywhere. The staff are not as accommodating and flexible as before. It is also a pain to get to Walking Street and you risk having to navigate Perimeter Road (the hotel taxi service is always not available when you need it).

Next time I shall stay at ABC or Central Park.

Golfinho
09-18-16, 03:05
I think Queen's hotel is as good as Penthouse and significantly better value. IMHO. Paying only $75 Cndn per night. Will have to check out the Central Park Tower during my next visit.Do not stay at Queen's Hotel between now and until their construction scheduled to end 30 November. The noise factor is atrocious impossible. And they well know it -- making you pay in advance and making it non-refundable if you decide to check out early because you can't take the relentless hammering that starts at 8:00 am And goes all day long.

Shining Wit
09-18-16, 09:26
This is my fourth visit to AC and my fourth stay at the Lewis Grand. I will not stay here again. The place is really run down and it's obvious the owner is scrimping on maintenance. On each visit, the hotel is looking increasingly worn out. It is not worth $100 a night.

The carpets are all marked and worn. The towels are very thin and frayed. The tiles need regrouting. The pool needs a complete refurbishment. There is mould everywhere. The staff are not as accommodating and flexible as before. It is also a pain to get to Walking Street and you risk having to navigate Perimeter Road (the hotel taxi service is always not available when you need it).

Next time I shall stay at ABC or Central Park.I was wondering whether a drop in standards might happen. According to a long standing AC blog, Lewis, the owner, disappeared about 4 or 5 months ago, and, as at the start of this month, nothing has been heard from or about him. I imagine there is a vacuum in terms of day to day management, and nobody to sanction any sort of capital expenditure. As appears to be normal in PI, the downward spiral will probably continue until somebody can take over or the place runs out of money and closes its doors.

CRamsey
09-21-16, 22:09
Could someone tell me a review about is this hotel and if could it be dangerous walk in the night from WS or perimeter to it?

Regards.

Dg8787
09-22-16, 02:13
Could someone tell me a review about is this hotel and if could it be dangerous walk in the night from WS or perimeter to it?

Regards.I can't give a review on the hotel but I am sure there are plenty of reviews on hotel booking sites.

I believe there are only a few streets to the hotel. Most of the streets are pretty dark and empty after 9 pm. Months ago there were rumors that people were mugged on Teodoro street past Norma's late at night. Only rumors as far as I know. But all in all it is not advise able to be walking anywhere after dark. Take a trike.

BrainDrain
09-22-16, 02:48

Regards.That's a subjective question of course.

I had a GF that was staying in a boarding house on Surla Street where I got hassled by some LB while waiting for her. The LB had recognised me from earlier in the night near Fillies. So it turned out OK.

For me, I'd be factoring in a trike home at night.

FredBratten
10-02-16, 15:05
Hi,

I just tried to make a booking with Score Birds Hotel and had a somewhat bad experience. First, the email did not work as I kept getting recipient errors. Two, when I tried to call they seemed to be extremely demotivated throughout the whole process.

Anyone stayed there recently and have any feedback / reviews? I am fully aware that this might be a one-of or a bad day for the staff but there are so many other options in AC.

Thanks for the help!

FredBratten
10-02-16, 18:17
Hi,

I just tried to make a booking with Score Birds Hotel and had a somewhat bad experience. First, the email did not work as I kept getting recipient errors. Two, when I tried to call they seemed to be extremely demotivated throughout the whole process.

Anyone stayed there recently and have any feedback / reviews? I am fully aware that this might be a one-of or a bad day for the staff but there are so many other options in AC.

Thanks for the help!It has worked itself out and I just received an email from SB Hotel, confirming my reservation. Hence, I do believe that it was the bad customer service routine, which can happen to the best of hotels. I will push forward and hope to enjoy my stay at SB. A little worried about the noise from HS but I will sleep in the end, anyways.

If anyone who stayed there recently want to weigh in on the subject, please be my guest! I am quite sure more readers than myself would appreciate that.

Titanio
10-02-16, 22:09

Regards.A little late reply but I stayed in Appolonia when it just opened. A great hotel. Walk to the hotel is absolutely safe any time of day and night. I even took a meal middle of the night together with the locals, on the corner one block before you turn right to the hotel. And often popped in the massage parlor same street on the left to grab my favorite girl for an FS 2 hours in the hotel room. Charged 1500 all inclusive. Better service than most of the girls from walking street deliver.

Amavida
10-02-16, 23:24

Next time I shall stay at ABC or Central Park.Gosh, It seems like only yesterday this was the big new mega hotel to over shadow all others. How time flies. Looks like about 10 years is the median age where neglect sets in on most hotels here then the death spiral continues or new management resuscitate with refurb. The owners must have made a mint from that place in its time.

GoodEnough
10-02-16, 23:48
Gosh, It seems like only yesterday this was the big new mega hotel to over shadow all others. How time flies. Looks like about 10 years is the median age where neglect sets in on most hotels here then the death spiral continues or new management resuscitate with refurb. The owners must have made a mint from that place in its time.I'll be in Angeles for a couple of days later this week, staying as always at the ABC. Admittedly the place is gaudy, furnished in a sort of Farouk-moderne style, but I haven't noticed any deterioration of the facilities in all of the years I've stayed there.

GE.

Macho Dik
10-03-16, 00:28

Next time I shall stay at ABC or Central Park.Have a walk to Lewis Grand yesterday and I was so happy that I did not booked and stay in this hotel as I initially plan, good that I check my previous info and found the one that Westie told me he stay at Central Park tower, of which I follow and that is the right decision I made.

Lewis Grand area I think is good only is you wish to BF perimeter girls and you only stick to noon mongering, at night going to field ave or walking street is indeed a pain in the Ass, as I hear from the lady look after the Australian bread house that Taxi is not around and jeepney on up to the check point so your only option is trike which I think kind of scary to ride at night.

Cheers,

MD.

Robbaf
10-03-16, 01:21
Gosh, It seems like only yesterday this was the big new mega hotel to over shadow all others. How time flies. Looks like about 10 years is the median age where neglect sets in on most hotels here then the death spiral continues or new management resuscitate with refurb. The owners must have made a mint from that place in its time.Sadly, it looks like the owner is missing.

http://www.fabbaloo.com/blog/2016/9/13/3d-print-entrepreneur-disappears-in-the-philippines

IllusionHeart
10-03-16, 03:38
Have a walk to Lewis Grand yesterday and I was so happy that I did not booked and stay in this hotel as I initially plan, good that I check my previous info and found the one that Westie told me he stay at Central Park tower, of which I follow and that is the right decision I made.

Lewis Grand area I think is good only is you wish to BF perimeter girls and you only stick to noon mongering, at night going to field ave or walking street is indeed a pain in the Ass, as I hear from the lady look after the Australian bread house that Taxi is not around and jeepney on up to the check point so your only option is trike which I think kind of scary to ride at night.

Cheers,

MD.LGH has a 24 hour shuttle service, free drop and pick up to all nearby locations, perimeter as well as Fields Avenue. You don't have to depend or wait for a trike or jeepney. Yes you do need a cellphone to call them.

Amavida
10-03-16, 05:02
Sadly, it looks like the owner is missing.

http://www.fabbaloo.com/blog/2016/9/13/3d-print-entrepreneur-disappears-in-the-philippinesThank you for the link Rob. Damn shame to see a young person lose their life like this. I looked into getting in the business but quickly shelved those plans for just this reason.

IllusionHeart
10-03-16, 20:10
Thank you for the link Rob. Damn shame to see a young person lose their life like this. I looked into getting in the business but quickly shelved those plans for just this reason.As someone has mentioned it earlier, he swims with the fishes now.

HyZigot
10-19-16, 22:21
I will be in Angeles for 10 days starting Nov end. Any hotel recommendations?

Looking for something comfortable, close to Fields / Walking St, and priced well (approx USD $45/50).

Fastpiston
10-20-16, 04:05
Sounds like the Clarkton is under financial pressure. In the Panorama, according to Harry the Horse, they are even charging for service water!! They are also charging for any variation off the menu. The service water charge makes their swimming pool look really valuable. They have also eliminated their 7 day stay 5% rooms discount. I also heard they are also putting up their room prices. Surprising when many hotels are giving extra 'rainy season' discounts. You will need to watch the Clarkton carefully as they are hitting up clients from many directions at once. Each item is relatively small, but they all add up if you stay there for a few days.