PDA

View Full Version : 2006 General Reports

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Rio Bob
03-12-06, 22:29
I had a good chuckle reading the report thread today. A poster said that don't be a BFE because it is the right thing to do, do it because it serves your own purpose. Well, I recall the same poster having a less then enjoyable experience with a Japanese Brazilian, Flavia who you can find at Help and who I saw at lunch today. With me Flavia went well beyond a GFE. After I read the negative post about her, I asked her how someone could have such a bad experience. She said, basically, if a guy is a jerk, her gets treated like one. Seems someone is not very good at pretending.

Treat women well because it is the right thing to do. A by-product is that most of the time they will reciprocate. Some of you guys age, but you never seem to get it. BTW, thanks for the good laugh.

Is this Flavia the Japanese girl who has been going to Help for almost 10 years now, on the tall side and thin, she speaks English and she used to dress up as a cheerleader and other outfits on a regular basis? I know who she is I have spoken to her on several occasions but never went with her.

Exec Talent
03-13-06, 00:15
Is this Flavia the Japanese girl who has been going to Help for almost 10 years now, on the tall side and thin, she speaks English and she used to dress up as a cheerleader and other outfits on a regular basis? I know who she is I have spoken to her on several occasions but never went with her.

Bob,

Checked my archive of private messages and we discussed your bad experience with her back in 2004. I have the habit of archiving data which is good because it helps me to keep track of what I have told to whom.

Rio Bob
03-13-06, 02:52
Bob,

Checked my archive of private messages and we discussed your bad experience with her back in 2004. I have the habit of archiving data which is good because it helps me to keep track of what I have told to whom.

Ok we might have discussed her, I don't have a record of it but I know for a fact I never did her. My recollection of any discussion on this board was with another board member who was with her and had a bad experience because she wouldn't do BBBJ on him. I was in Rio shortly after that and spoke about the poster with her and she told me her health was more important then this posters desires. To be honest with you I do remember that I was very drunk the night I spoke to her but I do remember that my impression of her was that she had a lot of mileage on her and I really wasn't interested as she has been frequenting Help for years and I prefer something more fresh as I find her very stale and used and dirty with an attitude. So yes that is my bad experience. What does this have to do with me trying to explain why it is beneficial to mongers to treat the girls nice when this girl is something I wouldn't consider or ever did?

Figures
03-14-06, 00:07
leaving for rio in less than two weeks. already made a deposit with a company for a luxuary apt in ipanema for $195.00 per night. i have been waiting for pictures and finally got them. now i am really worried as the pictures don't look like a $195.00 apt to me. i obviously have to call and talk to m contact about this but i'd like to get some feedback on luxuary apts from anyone that has rented. is it unreasonable to expect to get a true luxuary 2 bedroom apt in rio with high speed internet for $195.00? i wouldn't be inclined to stay in the place they sent pictures of for $50.00 a night. i had hoped to stay in an apt but if this is what the apt look like for this money i'll shift to a 5 star hotel and be done with it. geez.

Bravo
03-14-06, 04:54
leaving for rio in less than two weeks. already made a deposit with a company for a luxuary apt in ipanema for $195.00 per night. i have been waiting for pictures and finally got them. now i am really worried as the pictures don't look like a $195.00 apt to me. i obviously have to call and talk to m contact about this but i'd like to get some feedback on luxuary apts from anyone that has rented. is it unreasonable to expect to get a true luxuary 2 bedroom apt in rio with high speed internet for $195.00? i wouldn't be inclined to stay in the place they sent pictures of for $50.00 a night. i had hoped to stay in an apt but if this is what the apt look like for this money i'll shift to a 5 star hotel and be done with it. geez.

for 200 bucks a night, you should have an incredible apartment in rio. anything less than "jaw dropping" quality, is a waste of money.

can you tell us what agency you went thru and what apartment you are getting?

Cunnilinguist
03-14-06, 05:18
I think the point is being missed here, I don't think anybody is advocating being nice to GDP's just because they deserve it or for anything that has to do with them. It's about using psychology and acting in such a way to get what you want. If you want to maximize your experience with these girls what people are saying here is treat them with respect and if you act like a real BFE then you will get real GFE in return. That's it, it's about taking care of yourself and knowing how to get what you want. Because if you mistreat them then you will not get what you want, you will get a rush job, lousy service and you won't be getting your money's worth and what good is that?

I agree 100% on the issue of self-preservation, not only is it rule 1 in advanced mongering 101 but it's just plain prudent. There is no altruism in prostitution, EVERYONE has an ultimate aim (even the so-called "nice" guys). You can’t mix virtuous intentions with vice motives, it’s like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I’ve heard and read too many horror stories of clients (and providers for that matter..) getting burned for “doing the right thing”.

Enjoy the GDP, treat her with respect, impress her (both in and out of the bed), make her feel like a lady, and have her laugh. But, don’t “fall” into becoming a “boyfriend”, and why any true monger would want to do this, in all places…Rio. Remember she is only a restaurant meal, that one pays for; you don’t have to go to the back in the kitchen to cook the meal, nor clean the plates. :)

The CunningLinguist

RonnyRon
03-14-06, 06:36
The place should be a rooftop penthouse apartment with a private pool and jacuzzi. If you don't like the photos now, you will not like the place in person. $200 a night is a lot of money for any apartment in Rio and Bravo is absolutely right. The place should be drop dead gorgeous. Yes, there are many luxury two bedroom apartments available in Rio for less. Please do let us know what agency you are using. You have every right to expect more.

RonnyRon

Royalflush
03-14-06, 12:55
...should get you a beautiful 3 - 4 bdrm apartment in Ipanema with direct ocean views. Fixtures and furniture should be top notch. I paid something like 120USD/night for a gorgeous 3-bdrm on Viera Souto in Ipanema, with a garage, but I didn't have ocean views.

If you want a recommendation, RioApartments.com has a nice selection of apartments at all levels, and they're very pleasent to deal with.

Figures
03-15-06, 15:44
Thanks for the help. Man do I feel like I need help with this. I sent $540. 00 via paypal for a deposit already. The folks that got the apt for me is Ken at Americoa. I am willing to pay the $195 per night. That is not the issue. But I was expecting what I was promised. A luxuary penthouse with private pool, 2 br. The place does have two bedroom but it looks pretty low level to me. If I can figure out how to attach a picture I will so everyone can see if they think I'm being to demanding. I haven't made contact with him yet to discuss this and now I fear I'm screwed on the deposit and out of time to make other arrangements.

Since I am planning on having some fiestas in the apt one of my concerns was having guests. Does anyone know if I need to be concerned with having guests in if I arrange to rent an apt through another source?

I'm attaching some pics for you to look at. They show the master suite, pool, living room, and view. The master suite looks like my closet at home, my hot tub is bigger than the private pool, the view is nice but not a view of Ipanema beach by any stretch, and the bathroom is just nasty. Has anyone delt with Americoa before? I've spoken with Ken and he seemed nice and helpful when I talked with him. My mistake was agreeing to a deposit without pictures but their agency has been highly recommneded on another board so I felt comfortable trusting them. In fairness I have not spoken to him about this yet so they may be totally cool and work this out but I'm very disappointed because I was expecting a LOT nicer apt for my money than this.

Do you guys think I'm off base on this or not? Any recommendation of people that can get a NICE apt for me that won't hassle me about "guests". I'm even willing to rent in the SUPER nice category. Like a house or on the beach if that is what is takes. I leave a week from Friday and I don't have a clue how I'm going to fix this now.

RonnyRon
03-16-06, 02:18
I would contact him immediately and express your feelings. I have never heard of this guy or the company. Do they have a website? If, they are in the apartment business, he should be able to find something to your taste or they should refund your money without a problem. Again the place should be really nice for $195.00 a night. It's the beginning of the low season, so yes you still have time to find another place. Here is a link for a place, which sounds just like what you are looking for:

http://www.viviun.com/AD-41440/

Scroll to the bottom to see all the photos. I've never used them, but the place is class A+. Rent It For: $269 - $309 USD per day. Only place I have ever seen that I would even think about paying that much for.
RR

Java Man
03-16-06, 06:51
RonnyRon:
That's an amazing apartment. whats the rental?

Cunnilinguist
03-16-06, 17:35
RonnyRon...Thanks for the tip!!!

WHY…. AM I not surprised that your fine tastes extends to apartments…

That is the BEST apartment rental I've seen so far, absolutely stunning!!! (Compared to what I've seen there so far...)

If you know of any other sites, can you please list them (if not to much trouble), much appreciated. Great Taste!!! :)

Figures...

I believe this is the web site to the agency you're renting from:

http://www.amerioca.net/

If you can post pics of the place just to compare, the apartment listed by RR, though more expensive; should provide you with great reference point to measure by.

CL

Cunnilinguist
03-17-06, 06:01
EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted because it contributed nothing of value and in fact constituted a complete waste of bandwidth.

The purpose of this Forum is to provide for the exchange if information between men on the subject of finding women for sex. Let's stick to the subject.

Exec Talent
03-17-06, 18:24
Sorry, can't hear you. You are on ignore. Take a hint.

Cunnilinguist
03-18-06, 02:41
EDITOR'S NOTE: This report was deleted in accordance with the WSG Forum's Zero Tolerance policy regarding reports containing any personal attacks or derogatory comments directed towards another Forum Member or the Forum Membership in general.

Please be advised that Forum Members who succeed in having three or more of their reports deleted for personal attacks, racial epithets or other derogatory comments, will be banned under the Forum's Serial Antagonist Policy.

Member #4156
03-18-06, 15:19
What's going on CunningLinguist?

If you ever get a chance to finish that primer for Salvador, I'm still interested bro.

Thanks!

Gladiator
03-18-06, 15:55
Has anyone ever tried the agency www.garotanacional.com in any city?

This is the former www.sexomais.com that has just been renamed.

Is what you see what you get?

Sunset Strip
03-18-06, 15:56
Many of us go to movies while in Rio. Most films are in English. You will see (LEG) after the title, which means it is the legitimate or actual Hollywood film with Portuguese subtitles only.

the website for the cinema company in Rio is www.severianoribeiro.com.br

On this site you can see which movies are playing and showtimes.

The two locations I know of are Roxy, which is in Copacabana on Avenida Copacabana, near Help. And Rio Sul, which is in Rio Sul Mall, a short ride or walk from Copacabana.

You can choose a location "ëscolha a cinema", choose a film "ëscolha o film", or choose a city ëscolha a cidade", via the web site.

The site is good if you are getting ready to return to Rio or Brazil because you might not want to see a film at home and just wait to see it in Brazil.
I saw Crash the night before I left the US, and now it is coming out soon in Rio.

The movies are good if you are alone and want to get away from the girls for a while. You also learn some Portuguese because you see the subtitles while hearing the English.

But taking a girl is also good because movies are one of the few middle class venues in Copacabana where she can go with you and not be surrounded by other gringos, other working girls, and the whole sex scene atmosphere.

TJ

Sunset Strip
03-18-06, 16:01
The website I posted below is correct. I was just on the site. I think they take it down in the mornings to change the showtimes for that day.

TJ

Rio Lover #2
03-19-06, 10:16
Ronny Ron

Incredible apartment and great pictures they show. Are the girls included in the $ 195?

I usually stay in smaller apartments in Copa and usually pay 120 brl per night, not luxurious but ok; I only need them for the nights. If I want something different, with a special girl I sometimes go to Motel VIPS for a night.

RL

DFWdude
03-19-06, 20:16
Ok guys, I made a trip to Rio last Sept and met a girl at 4x4. We kind of hit it off and exchanged emails and wrote back and forth for about a month. I went back to Rio in Oct and saw her again, out of 4x4 and spent quite a bit of time with her. Well we continued to write for the next several months (I sent her some Christmas gifts as well.)
I was just in Rio again in late January. We spent a good deal of time together and one night while having some fun, I neglected wearing a condom......(Spare the lectures....)
Well about a week ago she sent me an email telling me she is pregnant with my baby..Whoa....She was still working at 4x4 when I was last there.
So I do have my reason to be somewhat skeptical if the baby (if there really is one) is even mine. She wants me to start sending her $$$$ to help out with her expenses.

Dont get me wrong guys...If its mine, I will live up to my responsibility, but I dont want to get taken for a fool either.

I told her my reasons for my concern and she got REALLY pissed.

Exec Talent
03-19-06, 20:48
I am not a medical expert (even staying at a Holiday Inn Express would not help me) but if I were in your shoes, I would consult one. Find out what tests can be run now to determine paternity. I do not care if I am deeply in love with a girl and she has never been out of my sight, should she get pregnant and we are not married it is paternity test time. If she gets offended, well that is just too bad. Does it indicate a lack of trust? Sure. But, you obviously did not have an exclusive arrangement (doesn’t really matter that she is a working girl). I cannot imagine that any test would be that inconvenient or painful.

I have the number, e-mail and web site of a location in Copacabana that does this type of testing. If you need it, PM me. Again, I do not know too much about the testing, just where it is located and their contact information.

Ezinho
03-19-06, 21:12
Well about a week ago she sent me an email telling me she is pregnant with my baby...

You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, but ummm....well.....who is she? Would be interested to know if I know her. Or if you don't want to say who she is, could you at least describe her, how long she's been at 4X4, etc.

Is her pic anywhere on this site?

Anyways, I thought Termas girls were usually on birth control? I remember asking a couple girls about this at L'uomo one time and they said they were on the pill (it's not 100% effective, I know). Well, you should definitely question her about this long and hard, since you already have sent her stuff (gifts, etc) maybe she's just trying to get more out of you. But Exec's right, it's test time.

Gipse
03-19-06, 21:20
ok guys, i made a trip to rio last sept and met a girl at 4x4. we kind of hit it off and exchanged emails and wrote back and forth for about a month. i went back to rio in oct and saw her again, out of 4x4 and spent quite a bit of time with her. well we continued to write for the next several months (i sent her some christmas gifts as well.)

i was just in rio again in late january. we spent a good deal of time together and one night while having some fun, i neglected wearing a condom. (spare the lectures.)

well about a week ago she sent me an email telling me she is pregnant with my baby. whoa. she was still working at 4x4 when i was last there.

so i do have my reason to be somewhat skeptical if the baby (if there really is one) is even mine. she wants me to start sending her $$$$ to help out with her expenses.

don't get me wrong guys. if its mine, i will live up to my responsibility, but i don't want to get taken for a fool either.

i told her my reasons for my concern and she got really pissed. dfwdude,

please don't fall for this bs. this is the oldest trick in the book. something similiar happened to me a few years ago. she wanted money for an abortion. i asked for the results of the pregnancy test. after all the drama there was no contact for over a month and then one day i received a fax of the pregnancy test results, dated the day before (not over a month old). anyway, i didn't believe her but due to both guilt and responsibility send her a load of money. on my next trip there i find out from her friend that she paid a pregnant neighbour for the [CodeWord109] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord109) and claimed it as hers at the clinic. i have also paid for unregistered college classes and nonexistant medical operations in my previous foolish life.

Vampyr
03-19-06, 21:56
If you met her in Sept. she should at least have a pudge(I know, not always), 7mths pregnant and working at a terma with a belly, this is an obvious set up. Tell her you will send money for an abortion or better yet ride it our for a few more months and tell her you will help out when she gives birth to the child. Unless you have neglected to divulge some other info, I would believe that the girl is taking you for a ride.

I will be heading to Rio on the 30th-4th, if any members want to join me on my Terma expeditions feel free to contact me.

Also, have any members been to Baronetti recently? I need to hit the best Rio has to offer at least a few times during the trip and I wonder if they are still considered the top club(trend wise). In Miami every season brings new competitors, I would expect the same from Rio to some extent.

Starfe
03-20-06, 01:53
You will love being a dad. Embrace the moment & the child. Please keep us up to date on how your new family is doing. Consider this time in your life to be the very best time.

congrats

starfe

Mangera
03-20-06, 02:32
I don't know what is more scary, catching a VD or getting a hooker pregnant(assumming it is true)? Either way, you are screwed. Either one will change your life forever.

Unfreakenbelievable, where a rubber pal!

How about scenario # 3? Maybe you got both, a VD, and a hooker pregnant. Suggestion brother, go have a chat with a lawyer, see what your options are.

Good Luck!

Mangera
03-20-06, 02:34
If you met her in Sept. she should at least have a pudge(I know, not always), 7mths pregnant and working at a terma with a belly, this is an obvious set up. Tell her you will send money for an abortion or better yet ride it our for a few more months and tell her you will help out when she gives birth to the child. Unless you have neglected to divulge some other info, I would believe that the girl is taking you for a ride.

I will be heading to Rio on the 30th-4th, if any members want to join me on my Terma expeditions feel free to contact me.

Also, have any members been to Baronetti recently? I need to hit the best Rio has to offer at least a few times during the trip and I wonder if they are still considered the top club(trend wise). In Miami every season brings new competitors, I would expect the same from Rio to some extent.Baronetti? Could you please elaborate on this place.

Thanks!

Exec Talent
03-20-06, 03:21
I get a little roused (as opposed to aroused) when guys here comment on working girls like they are some lower life form. Hell, I once had the daughter of a prominent executive try to pull the “you got me pregnant routine” on me. Some friends clued me in that prior to us getting together, she had been sneaking around behind daddy’s back with the wrong crowd. When I confronted her she admitted that she was pregnant by some other guy and didn’t want daddy to find out. After that, we didn’t see too much of each other. I guess she got tired of only taking it up the ass!

Comgo
03-20-06, 04:00
Ok guys, I made a trip to Rio last Sept and met a girl at 4x4. We kind of hit it off and exchanged emails and wrote back and forth for about a month. I went back to Rio in Oct and saw her again, out of 4x4 and spent quite a bit of time with her. Well we continued to write for the next several months (I sent her some Christmas gifts as well.)
I was just in Rio again in late January. We spent a good deal of time together and one night while having some fun, I neglected wearing a condom......(Spare the lectures....)
Well about a week ago she sent me an email telling me she is pregnant with my baby..Whoa....She was still working at 4x4 when I was last there.
So I do have my reason to be somewhat skeptical if the baby (if there really is one) is even mine. She wants me to start sending her $$$$ to help out with her expenses.

Dont get me wrong guys...If its mine, I will live up to my responsibility, but I dont want to get taken for a fool either.

I told her my reasons for my concern and she got REALLY pissed.

I had a girl in 4x4 try to have sex with me without a condom as well around the same time (Sept. 2005). What's her name?

Lh Svens
03-20-06, 10:11
Hi,

I don´t see many black girls on the pics, is it a matter of taste? Or is there not so many black girls around, up in Natal? And I don´t mean mulattas, really black girls. If you could give me an idea, thanks.

Sekoya
03-20-06, 17:50
Hi,

Or is there not so many black girls around, up in Natal? And I don´t mean mulattas, really black girls.

Not really, no.

I was there last May, and I specifically noticed the absence of black people in Natal. I don't believe you'll find many north of Salvador, as African slaves were primarily brought to the areas where sugar cane was grown. Their decendants seem to haved stayed in those general areas.

That's why you probably won't find many in the far south of Brazil, either. (Florianopolis, Porto Alegre)

Cunnilinguist
03-20-06, 22:32
What's going on CunningLinguist?

If you ever get a chance to finish that primer for Salvador, I'm still interested bro.

Thanks!

Keldeson, How's it going bro....

I'm half way through the Salvador primer, which is definitely getting done, because I'm going down for Carnival 2007. You will be the first one I email it to.

Thank You
CL

Rio Bob
03-21-06, 02:50
Well about a week ago she sent me an email telling me she is pregnant with my baby..Whoa.....

Does she know your real name? Now I now why I tell nobody my real name.

Does she have your address? I never even tell anybody in Rio the correct state I live in.

Sometimes i give a non pro my cell number, thats it.

If she knows your phone number then change it, if she knows your email then change it, if she is lying she will get the hint and move on, just ignore her and she will go away, it would be very difficult for her to come here to the states and track you down.

Find a new place to monger or stay away from 4 by 4.

Even if you do run into her in Rio tell her your staying for a month and that you will take a paternity test with her if she has a baby then get out of town the next day. Never tell anyone what day you are arriving or departing, even the non pros I meet on the internet I never tell them the exact day I am arriving or what day I am leaving.

I know how you feel, many years ago I had a girl from Japan pull the same stunt on me, she worked in the Playboy club in Tokyo, years later I even seen the kid but I never took the test she wanted me to take, I always said yeah yeah sure no problem but it never happened , she finally went away.

Rio Bob
03-21-06, 14:06
I hate to be this blunt. Ok, no I don't. Rio Bob, or whatever your name is, you have serious listening skill problems. The guy was not trying to deny responsibility for the child, if it was his. Unlike some people, he was willing to be a man.

I certainly have met a few nice guys in Rio, but some of you are down right scary.

Your a funny guy, always trying to antagonize somebody, last week you called me a jerk now this week you say I'm not a nice guy. LOL

Figures
03-22-06, 00:57
Leaving this Friday for Rio and need a little help with how to handle money. Has anyone had an first hand experience using the American Express cheque card? It's like paper travelers cheques only it utilizes a debit card arrangement...replacement if lost or stolen in 24 hours etc. I checking into old fashioned travelers checks and they cost $2.00 per hundred according to my bank. That would really add up consider the budget I have planned for this trip. I've seen many of you post you use the ATM's in and around Rio but my credit card company has a nasty habit of freezing any charges that look suspicious to them. Fu*^&ng unbelieveable since I've got a $30,000 credit limit, no balance and 800 credit score. Anyone got any ideas on this?

Pipe Layer99
03-22-06, 08:13
Thanks for all the info about Rio. I've travelled in Spain, Italy, Romania, and the Czech Rep. Planning my first trip to Rio. Looking forward to checking out the termas!! Trip will be between 4-11 Apr if any of you will be there, let me know.

Sunset Strip
03-22-06, 19:28
I am leaving Rio soon and want to buy some DVDs off the street. In the stores most of the DVDs are region 4 coded which mean you probably cannot watch them on US (region 1) DVD players.

Has anybody bought DVDs off the street and were you able to watch them on your US player?

Thanks,
TJ

Ibiza007
03-22-06, 19:39
Not sure what will play where, but I can tell you the reason they are R$10 is that they are recorded from a video cam in a theatre, sound and quality sucks. Be careful.

They played fine in my laptop computer, but Ithink home systems may be different.

IBZ

I am leaving Rio soon and want to buy some DVDs off the street. In the stores most of the DVDs are region 4 coded which mean you probably cannot watch them on US (region 1) DVD players.

Has anybody bought DVDs off the street and were you able to watch them on your US player?

Thanks,
TJ

Sunset Strip
03-22-06, 20:37
Ok. Since you were able to find a system that did play them, I will go on and buy a few. I guess the reason these DVDs work on some US systems is that the camcorder used to record the movie is probably US system compatible.

TJ

RonnyRon
03-23-06, 02:05

Thanks,
TJ

Yes, I got some music videos and the quality was execellent. From what I could tell they were studio quality. I believe the same is true about the movie DVDs. Not like here in the states where someone goes to the movie and records it.

RonnyRon

RonnyRon
03-23-06, 02:21
Let the bank know before you leave that you're traveling to Rio. I have never used American Express cheque card, so I don't about that, but if you traveling AA there is an American Express counter as soon as you clear customs. There is also an American Express office connected to the Copacabana Palace. How did your apartment situation turn out?

RR

Rio Bob
03-23-06, 02:45
Leaving this Friday for Rio and need a little help with how to handle money. Has anyone had an first hand experience using the American Express cheque card? It's like paper travelers cheques only it utilizes a debit card arrangement...replacement if lost or stolen in 24 hours etc. I checking into old fashioned travelers checks and they cost $2.00 per hundred according to my bank. That would really add up consider the budget I have planned for this trip. I've seen many of you post you use the ATM's in and around Rio but my credit card company has a nasty habit of freezing any charges that look suspicious to them. Fu*^&ng unbelieveable since I've got a $30,000 credit limit, no balance and 800 credit score. Anyone got any ideas on this?

I have used this amex cheque card twice in rio, I had nothing but problems with it, they are not ready to deal with this south american country. Don't load up your cash on this card, you may find yourself in Rio not being able to access your money and it will ruin your vacation, the best way to do Rio now is to take cash and change at a local cambio.

Lancer520
03-23-06, 08:48
Leaving this Friday for Rio and need a little help with how to handle money. Has anyone had an first hand experience using the American Express cheque card? It's like paper travelers cheques only it utilizes a debit card arrangement...replacement if lost or stolen in 24 hours etc. I checking into old fashioned travelers checks and they cost $2.00 per hundred according to my bank. That would really add up consider the budget I have planned for this trip. I've seen many of you post you use the ATM's in and around Rio but my credit card company has a nasty habit of freezing any charges that look suspicious to them. Fu*^&ng unbelieveable since I've got a $30,000 credit limit, no balance and 800 credit score. Anyone got any ideas on this?All you have to do is call your credit card company and let them know that you will be traveling to Brazil and that you will be using your card while there. You should have no problem after that. Most credit card companies now flag charges out of the US unless you notify them first... Best bet is still to bring cash. You can get a good rate at Ben Brothers Jewlers on Rua Xavier De Silvera. It's 2 blocks from Help and he usually gives 5 to 10 Reals over the going rate.

Truant
03-23-06, 17:24
last monday i shopped about 6 cambios in copacabana behind copacabana palace hotel and they were all quoting a range of 2.05-2.10 per dollar. balcony bar was offering only 2.00. band news was showing 2.15 so i hold out for the old standby--l'uomo's--they were giving a hefty 2.20 for every slimy dollar. what a bargain. didn't make it to helpee that night. they were probably the same.
truant

Rio Bob
03-23-06, 17:30
last monday i shopped about 6 cambios in copacabana behind copacabana palace hotel and they were all quoting a range of 2.05-2.10 per dollar. balcony bar was offering only 2.00. band news was showing 2.15 so i hold out for the old standby--l'uomo's--they were giving a hefty 2.20 for every slimy dollar. what a bargain. didn't make it to helpee that night. they were probably the same.
truant

considering that todays rate is 2.13 then 2.05 - 2.10 is pretty poor, does anybody know the rate from an atm including fees which i guess will vary from bank to bank.

at the end of the day it closed at 2.16 as the dollar was very strong today, so we are moving in the right direction.

CaptainNemo
03-23-06, 20:20
Brazil's currency weakened and stocks tracked New York bourses lower on Thursday as investors kept an eye on a political scandal involving the country's market-friendly finance minister Antonio Palocci.

The finance chief came under renewed pressure last week when a witness testified before a congressional committee that Palocci had frequented a villa in Brasilia allegedly used by his aides to divvy up cash from an extortion ring and meet with prostitutes.

Anyone know where this villa is?

BootyTapper
03-24-06, 00:05
Rasta and Captain you guys are very correct. The Real will end this long ride of gains against the dollar and give us mongers back the power to purchase. Its a touchy situation down there politically and despite having the resources to be a very strong economy, its a mess.

I really don't wish the country any bad, but the faster that Real sinks and stays down, the more fun us mongers are going to have. Its going to happen this year for sure and like you guys hinted its going to be around or after elections. As fast as investors get a true forecast about the problems and a new goverment, the real will react immediately on the market. I always have fun when I go to Rio, but the best trips were the trips when the exchange rate was more than $3R to $1US.

Double
03-24-06, 06:41
Regarding the credit/bank card use in Rio. Call the cust care and let them know that you will be in Brazil, give them your travel dates, and they will note your account. This will allow you to use the cards without any worries.

Have a great trip.....

DD

Franga
03-24-06, 17:42
I have struck a problem here in Brazil. I need to send some money to a girl in the Philippines from Brazil. Usually I use Western Union, and have had no problems.

Here in Brazil, I have been told that Brazilian Law prevents the sending of money out of the country. That is why there are no Western Union offices in Brazil. There are agencies in the Banco do Brasil, but these are just for receiving money (I am led to believe)

Does anyone out there have any suggestions on how to send a small amount of money (about $350USD) to the Philippines?

Thanks for any advice. I am in Salvador at the moment

Ibiza007
03-24-06, 21:53
I am wearing the paint off my pole now ( at 2 to 1), if it hit 4 to 1 I would need a transplant.

IBZ

Rasta and Captain you guys are very correct. The Real will end this long ride of gains against the dollar and give us mongers back the power to purchase. Its a touchy situation down there politically and despite having the resources to be a very strong economy, its a mess.

I really don't wish the country any bad, but the faster that Real sinks and stays down, the more fun us mongers are going to have. Its going to happen this year for sure and like you guys hinted its going to be around or after elections. As fast as investors get a true forecast about the problems and a new goverment, the real will react immediately on the market. I always have fun when I go to Rio, but the best trips were the trips when the exchange rate was more than $3R to $1US.

BootyTapper
03-25-06, 00:30
I am wearing the paint off my pole now ( at 2 to 1), if it hit 4 to 1 I would need a transplant.

IBZIbiza you are sick with this one! Don't wear off your paint bro, let the garotas do that for you. Patience, its coming, get ready for a party, hell have two garotas!!

Wandering Fool
03-25-06, 11:20
I often use cash and therefore hit the atms frequently in Rio. Fortunately I keep receipts from these. Returning from one trip, my account seemed a little lower than it should have been. I compared my statement to my receipts and identified one $300us withdrawl that I didn't think I had made. I called my bank who credited me and did an "investigation". The money stayed credited so I guess I won.

I am very aware of the various scams at the atms, everything from swiping your card through a fake swiper to people overlooking your info and I'm quite sure this was not theft -just, well, who knows.

The one confusing thing is that on your statement they don't always match the date to the actual withdrawl because for example, withdrawls on weekends show up on Monday.

I was mostly using the HSBC in Ipanema which is a nice area.

Ibiza007
03-25-06, 15:05
If the exchange rate goes to 3 to 1 or , 4 to 1, I would be getting my mail at 4x4.

If the 4x4 girls wear the clear coat off my pole, I will just call Mako.

IBZ

Ibiza you are sick with this one! Don't wear off your paint bro, let the garotas do that for you. Patience, its coming, get ready for a party, hell have two garotas!!

Spazzio
03-25-06, 18:23
Hi,

Are the somebody some know Victoria/ES.

I am happy to have some key information about this city.

Thanks in advance

BootyTapper
03-25-06, 19:07
If the exchange rate goes to 3 to 1 or , 4 to 1, I would be getting my mail at 4x4.

If the 4x4 girls wear the clear coat off my pole, I will just call Mako.

IBZIbiza its going to happen! So you will be a permanent resident at 4x4, just make sure no raids happen and you get arrested. I am going to research those arrest today online. I know in that country jealousy is a problem, in whatever sector of life you look in, its there. If you are successful there is alot of hating and suddenly the police start getting anonymous calls about you. To me its one of the things that will keep that country with the label, "third world country". No progress can be made if everybody is hating and not embracing change. In America we would love more competition, downthere people die for going against the establishment.

RonnyRon
03-25-06, 21:30
You can use Western Union online and make the transaction with a credit or debt card. You need to setup an account.

http://www.westernunion.com/index_consumer.asp

RonnyRon

Sunset Strip
03-25-06, 21:44
You can also use paypal to send money to anybody with an email address from what I have been told. www.paypal.com

Also, most banks now allow you send electronic checks to anybody in the world you want.
Just go to your bank's online bill pay section and you should be able to make a payment to a person.

I just paid the rent on my office in the US from Brazil this way. They got the check two days later. Just specify the day you want the person to receive the check and your back will get it two them by that date.

TJ

Franga
03-26-06, 16:58
RonnyRon and TJ Fannatic,

Thanks for the great advice. I will use the on-line Western Union Service. I didn't previously know about this one. This is going to make my life a lot easier.

Cheers guys,

Franga

Ibiza007
03-26-06, 22:58
I rented 3 DVD's today from Blockbuster in Copa. I put one in my notebook and it immediately said my DVD was a region 1 player and that I had the option to select a region 4 player option. Here is the catch, I got a message that said i could only do this switch 4 times and that even reloading windows would not allow more changes. So I selected region 4 to play the DVD's in Rio. I have a second notebook that I will leave as region 1. I will leave the NB that I have now selected as region 4 here in RIO, until I leave.

But what is a pain is that I think if I switch back to Region 1, USA, I think I have used 2 of my 4 lifetime changes, for this dvd player. The message read like it would be a ***** to go over 4 switches.

My question is, is this a software issue, or a real issue with formatting the DVD permanently after 4 switches? Can the DVD player lock itself up, and only play one region (or what ever region is the 4th choice) in the future? I am sure it is possible, but it does not seem logical.

Can I get a DVD playing program that will allow dual or more regions? Or is the issue the drive itself? Any technophiles out there know about this?

What is weird, is that the bootlegged DVD from the street did not cause this message, it played just fine in setting "Region 1- USA". Does this mean the bootleg DVD does not play in Rio? That does not make sense. Maybe only STUDIO DVD's - Warner, Paramount, Sony, etc, are locked at delivery, to say blockbusters (and other legal outlets) around the globe.

I am puzzled by this one?

TJ Fanatic - have you run into this? Maybe not, as my bootlegged DVD's worked perfect.

Along time ago, I was in Jakarta and bought a handful of DVD's, and got home and had a handful of coasters, as none of them worked in my region.

IBZ

Perkele
03-27-06, 05:21
Most of the DVD's are region coded and majority of the DVD players can be changed multiregional.

Computers are different story. You have to find a program that "removes" the region code. Google and you'll find. Unfortunately finding a SW that works with all regions and is free is difficult to find. Good luck though.

About removing the region code from normal DVD player. Rule number 1 all major manufacturers usually have HW coded players, this means that its not possible to do at home, unless you know the players and know how to mess around with circuit boards etc.
Non mark, usually chinese, players are bit easier. There are several web pages with codes to remove certain region. These are cheaper and usually same players as more expensive major manufacturer's.

So try find from Google.

Java Man
03-27-06, 05:27
i have this program on the laptop i purchased in the US. (i got the same warning about only 4 region switches.) i've rented DVD's from the Blockbuster in Copa. only one DVD failed to play: 9 1/2 weeks.

the bootlegged DVD's work because they've removed the region codes from them. they're region free. if you know how to copy DVD's, you can remove the region codes, btw.

http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

Spazzio
03-27-06, 16:33
Hi,

Thanks in advance

Ibiza007
03-27-06, 18:17
Did you use the free version or the paid version of this software?

Good info about 4x4. I think I have always paid in cash, so I never asked if they would take CC. I THINK most others termas will not take CC for the whole bill. Am I correct in this thinking, or are people able to charge the total bill to their cc's. I am sure I have seen the girls with envelopes of cash, maybe from the shift the day before, as it may take a day to balance the books from the night before. Sometimes they leave early, and maybe that days cash is not available to them.

One time in MC, I was short some cash, so i asked the girl I was interested in to loan me $R50 so we could cabina now, she agreed, as she still came out ahead, vs. me paying her nothing. Anybody ever had credit extended for a terma GDP? I paid her back many days later. She got her normal house fee/cut less R$50, so better than nothing, as it was about 1 hour before closing.

Thanks Chingon

IBZ

i have this program on the laptop i purchased in the US. (i got the same warning about only 4 region switches.) i've rented DVD's from the Blockbuster in Copa. only one DVD failed to play: 9 1/2 weeks.

the bootlegged DVD's work because they've removed the region codes from them. they're region free. if you know how to copy DVD's, you can remove the region codes, btw.

http://www.dvdidle.com/dvd-region-free.htm

Java Man
03-28-06, 06:17
paid version?!......there's a paid version?
i got mine from one of my many friends on eMule. or maybe it was on Shareaza. :)

hopefully it will come with a valid crack code. if not, get serials 2000.
and if you dont understand my hacker speak...."google everything."
BTW, getting everything can be time consuming.

if that don't work for ya, i guess you'll have to buy it. (actually not a bad investment)

i gotta get back to copy....i mean creating a back-up of this DVD i recently purchased. :)

Surferr3
03-31-06, 07:17
I wanted to know if it is safe to use a credit to joint those sex sites from sao paulo? Can they try and over charge you?I have joined three sites and bever had a problem.

Good luck.

Chocho Negro
04-01-06, 21:57
Hi,

Thanks in advanceBest place is probably STAR DRINK in Vila Velha, close to Praia de Itaparica.

Second best may be PLAY MAN in Vitória and then third JUMP in Vila Velha.

All these places offer good quality and are fairly safe, asking price starts usually at 150 reais but you certainly can land almost every lady for 100 reais and get one or two hours of nice mongering.

Others places are DELIRIUS and PYKUS in Serra, but I never went there, Serra is not very safe, at least to my standards.

Then in Vila Velha you have also LADY LAURA and SCORPIONS and SAYONARA and several others more on the Rodavia do Sol between Vila Velha and Guarapari, and also in Vila Velha.

These are definitely different, sometimes very low profile and cheap, and sometimes you may find a true gem there also, but it is easier to find the better ladies in the three first places.

All taxi drivers know all those places and how to bring there. Do never agree with a taxi driver to pick you up a few hours later (except if you know him for years, and then you don't need this info neither). Always call for a new taxi.

Lots of adds also in the newspapers GACETA and TRIBUNA. Nice girls and very good prices, if you speak some portuguese.

Websites: number one is www.ilhadoprazer.com.br
Other websites:
www.ciadasgatas.com
www.hellen.cjb.net
www.alanys.cjb.net
www.gatalidia.com
www.gabiloirinha.********.com
www.gabrielly-moreno.com
Some web ladies tend to start asking 200 reais. Usually it is far too much.

Semi-pros or less, as occasional pros, or new friends who needs some extra cash now and then, and some attention and a sincere smile, can be found almost every day at the SHOPPING VITÓRIA, you need to spend some time, walk around, speak portuguese, start with eye contact, be friendly and educated, take her out for nice dinner and eight out of ten will spend the rest of the night with you, and they will be almost every time better than pros. Of course, YMMV, and your prefs may be different.

Hope this helps,

CN

Dollars
04-02-06, 07:27
You can pay all your charges (including the fee for the girl) with a CC at 4x4! I do it all the time and the bill shows up as cafe millenium bill.

Sunset Strip
04-02-06, 22:18
I think Perkele and Chingon answered the DVD question fairly well.

I have not bought any DVDS in stores because I knew about the region coding issue beforehand and saw that the DVDS said region 4.

I think it is possible to buy an all region DVD but I personally do not believe it. It is like the cellphones that claim to work everywhere. Then they tell you, except Brazil because they use something different.

Ibiza 007,
Do you live in Brazil? How did you get to rent from Blockbuster? I tried since US blockbuster card are called UNIVERSAL MEMBERSHIPS, but then was told you can only rent in the US.

TJ

Ibiza007
04-03-06, 00:35
I live in Rio, and as with everything else in Brasil, you need a CPF, proof of residence and an ID/passport. With these three things you can do about anything, including bank accounts, blockbuster, phone contracts, etc.

IBZ

I think Perkele and Chingon answered the DVD question fairly well.

I have not bought any DVDS in stores because I knew about the region coding issue beforehand and saw that the DVDS said region 4.

I think it is possible to buy an all region DVD but I personally do not believe it. It is like the cellphones that claim to work everywhere. Then they tell you, except Brazil because they use something different.

Ibiza 007,
Do you live in Brazil? How did you get to rent from Blockbuster? I tried since US blockbuster card are called UNIVERSAL MEMBERSHIPS, but then was told you can only rent in the US.

TJ

Amerioca
04-03-06, 04:58
I live in Rio, and as with everything else in Brasil, you need a CPF, proof of residence and an ID/passport. With these three things you can do about anything, including bank accounts, blockbuster, phone contracts, etc.

IBZ

I lived on Djalma Urlrich for many months...the penthouse above Bob's. Frequented the Blockbuster on NS Copa soon after they opened. Received a card after showing them a CPF, a copy of my lease, and passport. Also, to close the deal, I showed them my BB card from CONUS. This was over two years ago.

Java Man
04-03-06, 05:01
How to use your US Blockbuster Card: Just like in the States, they have to fill out a membership card. They'll ask for your ID/passport and a local address. At first you can only rent up to 3 movies.

On the subject of DVD players: Some of the portable and home players can be re-porgrammed to be region-free:
check the Make and Model number at:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

Amerioca
04-03-06, 05:11
RonnyRon and TJ Fannatic,

Thanks for the great advice. I will use the on-line Western Union Service. I didn't previously know about this one. This is going to make my life a lot easier.

Cheers guys,

Franga

If you are sending money via WU out of California, I don't think they will let you...unless they recently changed their policy. If in Cali, or another state that WU does not allow monies to be sent to Brasil, you can go Moneygram International. Monies can be picked up at Itau or AMEX locations.

Amerioca
04-03-06, 05:15
How to use your US Blockbuster Card: Just like in the States, they have to fill out a membership card. They'll ask for your ID/passport and a local address. At first you can only rent up to 3 movies.

On the subject of DVD players: Some of the portable and home players can be re-porgrammed to be region-free:
check the Make and Model number at:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

I used my laptop to watch movies before acquiring a home dvd player. With the laptop, I used a cracked version DVD Region Free software to play DVDs of Brasil origin. I used Limewire to download the software.

Routard
04-03-06, 18:49
HBO shows each Sunday evening "Filhos do Carnaval", the story is about an influent family living in Rio. And of course, at times the men go to relax at the Termas. If anyone is curious about what a Terma looks like from inside...

Sunset Strip
04-03-06, 20:43
What time does this show come on? I have never seen it on regular HBO, nor could I find it on the online HBO schedule.

Thanks,
TJ

Routard
04-03-06, 23:10
What time does this show come on? I have never seen it on regular HBO, nor could I find it on the online HBO schedule.

Thanks,
TJ

You confirm what I allready suspected, it's only on HBO for Latin America.

Routard

Sunset Strip
04-05-06, 17:24
Hey, is the show in English?

I ask because I am going to get some friends to start recording Brazilian TV for me so I can work on my Portuguese.

I have found that watching movies or TV with English or Portuguese subtitles helps me learn.

TJ

Ceylon1
04-08-06, 07:10
Hola Amigo

Oct 05 - purchased 3 pirated musical DVD's on the street in Vitoria ES for R 10 each.

1. Eo Tchan 10 anos
2 . Gino & Geno
3. Rio Negro e Solimoes

works perfectly on the DVD player on my Compaq Presario computer.
wish I had purchased more

Just returned from Thailand - purchased pirated musical DVD's - works OK on my computer.

Ceylon1

Thanks,
TJ

Shaguar
04-13-06, 06:07
I want to take a sex vacation in May. I have up to 2 weeks for this. Cost is a consideration. I enjoy 1-on-1 sex but would really like some wild orgies including double penetration (DP) action. So I guess I'm looking for a swinger oriented scene, and definitely something anal friendly. This is my first time, and though I would like to do this as part of a roving group of pussy-hunters, it looks like I'll be solo. Please give me some advice on whether I should go to Brazil or the Dominican Republic. I don't know when I will have the chance again, and I really need the vacation.

I would like something which offers other activities as well, like sight seeing, snorkelling, or that stuff in case constant sex gets boring! My interests include beautiful women, big clits and hairy vaginas.

Lorenzo
04-13-06, 19:35
Shaguar,

Why don't you RTFF for crissake, both Brazil and DR, then decide for yourself? I've never been to DR, so I can't comment, but I've never found a better mongering spot than Brazil. As far as what you're specifically looking for, in Brazil you'll find:

Beautiful women: in abundance

Big clits: who knows until you get their pants down? But no more or less than anywhere else.

Hairy vaginas: never.

Lorenzo

Shaguar
04-14-06, 06:11
Lorenzo,

Thanks for your comments. I don't want to waste anyone's time, I just wanted some opinions. I am going to be travelling alone (rats!) so I guess I am anxious. The feedback has pointed toward Brazil, and I must admit, I love anal so that is probably where I am headed.

Double
04-14-06, 17:57
I had the same question about the DR. I was thinking about going there because it is so much closer to the U.S. However, when I look at the photo on the escort sites for Rio, I just could not see the DR and having woman as beautiful a the Brazilian garotas. Check out some of the sites if you have not already to see what you think. www.Hotside.com.br...www.Escortgirl.com.br.
You may even see a couple of big clit providers on the site.

Another thing about Rio it the Termas, they are clean and full of chicks-it is a great environment that cannot be found in Central Amer.

There are many great post that decribe the Brazil experience. The thing that sold me was the ladies themselves. When you find the right lady the experience is gfe all the way. The garotas I encounter in Brazil seem to love expessing themselves sexually. Man, when they start saying OI, and que gostoso, and moaning....boy I can't do it justice. You must go. My first trip had my head spinning. I extended my stay by 10 days. I could not leave.

Gladiator
04-14-06, 19:10
Shaguar,

I've been to both countries and can confirm that mongering-wise Brazil is much better than the DR in every sense - they are in different leagues.

The DR, however, is cheaper if you are thinking specifically about Rio/SP.

Bubba Boy
04-15-06, 01:17
Does anyone know of a viable self storage type place where one could leave maybe a suitcase of crap rather than carry it back and forward to Rio with each trip. I am thinking a professional organisation rather than some dodgy "pay some guy" type of a deal.

Latin1
04-15-06, 03:51
Any ideas on staving off the " Monger Cold "? It seems to hit about day 5.

Is there anything I can buy at the pharmacy when I arrive, or do I need to get something at home before leaving?

Thank you

Shaguar
04-15-06, 05:47
Shaguar,

I've been to both countries and can confirm that mongering-wise Brazil is much better than the DR in every sense - they are in different leagues.

The DR, however, is cheaper if you are thinking specifically about Rio/SP.Yeah, I am thinking about Rio, since I have been told that it is the best place for a first timer. I'm not too worldy so I want this to be easy. I will be a little more to get the Brazilian experience, who knows when I'll do this again. The DR seems too touristy, and ever since I watched "Blame it on Rio", I've wanted to paint that town white. Did I say I love women who love anal?

El Austriaco
04-15-06, 17:31
Yeah, I am thinking about Rio, since I have been told that it is the best place for a first timer. I'm not too worldy so I want this to be easy. I will be a little more to get the Brazilian experience, who knows when I'll do this again. The DR seems too touristy, and ever since I watched "Blame it on Rio", I've wanted to paint that town white. Did I say I love women who love anal?
Go to Rio. I have been to Brazil four times (for a total of nine months, and I am there right now), and twice to the DR (though only to Boca Chica and Santo Domingo, for about a month total). Many consider Rio to be the P4P capital of the world with 24/7 options for all budgets, while the DR is minor league by comparison. Without going into many details here, the DR only compares favorably with Rio in terms of travel time from the US and possibly security (or the personal perception of security, at least). For P4P and non-P4P activities, a big-city experience, world-famous beaches in a city environment, tropical rainforest, cultural tradition, head to Rio. In addition to getting your "Blame it on Rio" fix, of course :)

And yes, anal is much more common in Brazil than in the DR.

You know, as long as you stay in Copacabana, Rio is very touristy, too, but it is relatively easy to venture beyond the tourist joints and get a more authentic Brazilian experience. Read the board, between the inevitable chit-chat, there´s a lot of useful information out there to help you achieve this.

EA

Lorenzo
04-15-06, 17:51
any ideas on staving off the " monger cold "? it seems to hit about day 5.

is there anything i can buy at the pharmacy when i arrive, or do i need to get something at home before leaving?

thank you
this probably happens to everybody. it is due to your body's lack of resistance to the microscopic organisms in the new environment, and it has nothing to do with mongering. there is nothing you can do to prevent it, but if you stay long enough, or visit often enough, you will develop resistance. i developed some fierce colds, and other ailments as well, the first few times i came to rio, but have had no such problems in recent years. apparently the resistance developed. i'm assuming you're taking the usual precautions: drinking only bottled water, not using ice in your drinks, not eating salads or any unpeeled fruits or vegetables. if you're not, you should be.

remember also that most of brazil is tropical, so a lot more infectious organisms are endemic than would be in a more temperate climate. this is just one of the risks you assume when you travel.

lorenzo

Cachorro
04-16-06, 01:29

Is there anything I can buy at the pharmacy when I arrive, or do I need to get something at home before leaving?

Thank you
Just real simple things.

- Drink lots of water
- Wash your hands before you eat
- Keep a good diet or consider taking vitamins (in Brazil ask for "complexo B")
- Try and get as much sleep as your body needs

Even with those precautions, you may still catch something.

Rio Bob
04-17-06, 23:38

Thank you
Favorite Thing:

I got this tip from some site maybe this one I dont know but I get it too;
I guess you can blame it on lack of sleep and too much activity. Maybe those are one in the same but I really don't think so. Anyway, if you get sick go to a pharmacy and get Trimedal. It takes care of cough, sore throats, fever, aches and pains caused by fever, upset stomach. It takes care of everything. Good thing to keep in your pocket.

BootyTapper
04-17-06, 23:44
latin1 ways you wont get sick

dont kiss the girls in the mouth
dont lick their assholes (mouth to rectum sex)
dont eat their cunts
bring your own food
bring a shower filter
wear a mini air filter when you take you air filght cost about 100 bucks
dont let that horrible tap water touch your mouth

Funkignitor sounds like you are going to make Latin1 "a bubble child"...lol! He should find some good medicines in the drug store. Another thing I would add is if its not hot, try not to use the air conditioner.

Garota Lover
04-22-06, 20:23
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-04-01-brazil-sextourism_x.htm

Track Star
04-24-06, 15:16
Hello Track Star here,

I wonder if anybody knows of a place to find nice prices to Rio from Seattle. I paid just around $800 to fly to Italy roundtrip in February and I want to pay around the same to fly to Rio in October roundtrip..the best I found so far is $954 from Bobby on BlameitonRio4travel.com

Planning to depart Seattle 18th or 19th of October and return from Rio 30th or 31st of October.

Anybody having some valuable input..please let me know. Paying $154 less means one or two more Garotas from MP and maybe 5-6 garotas at Vila Mimosa, but then again I am not sure I dare go there.

I look forward to hear from you mongers.

Track Star

Turf Builder
04-26-06, 02:30
I'm looking for Rio hotel suggestions. Will be staying with the gf in Rio next month. Would like a hotel in Copa, Ipanema or Leblon, that is nice and clean, within walking distance of the praia and not expensive. I've stayed at Marina Palace and Sol Ipanema. Both were nice but a tad pricey.

We will be spending one day at the US consulate up on Avenida President Wilson, but I am assuming that we do not want to stay near Flamengo/Gloria area.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Turf Builder

Lorenzo
04-26-06, 16:06
Turf Builder,

You need to be a little more specific and state exactly how much you are willing to spend. That is the only way to answer your question intelligently. Terms like 'pricey' are relative and vary widely from person to person.

Lorenzo

Double
04-26-06, 18:08
I would look into the Rio Rioss. It is just behind the Rio Athon Palace Hotel. It is one block to the beach, and one block to Help if that is important to you. They are also girl friendly as long as you pay for a double when you arrive.

Rio Rioss Hotel
Rua Aires Saldanha 48
Copacabana, Rio de Janiero

tel. (0055) (21) 2522-1142

www.rioroiss.com.br

Turf Builder
04-27-06, 00:38
Turf Builder,

You need to be a little more specific and state exactly how much you are willing to spend. That is the only way to answer your question intelligently. Terms like 'pricey' are relative and vary widely from person to person.

LorenzoMarina Palace is currently running about $136 a night. If possible, would like to find something more in range of $100 or less.

Thanks

Leygreen
04-30-06, 21:31
Today in the British press

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2157888,00.html

Lorenzo
05-01-06, 06:23
Turf Builder,

The best deal you will get by far is to stay at the Hotel Gloria, which of course is in Gloria. You can get a room there for $94 a night if you book through Expedia. I plan to stay there when I visit in August. This used to be the best hotel in Rio before the tunnel was built.

Lorenzo

Sperto
05-01-06, 08:59
When mentioning prices of girls, hotels etc, it would be very good if you could specify if you mean R$ or US$.

Turf Builder
05-02-06, 01:42
Thanks much Lorenzo, I'll check them out.

Turf Builder,

The best deal you will get by far is to stay at the Hotel Gloria, which of course is in Gloria. You can get a room there for $94 a night if you book through Expedia. I plan to stay there when I visit in August. This used to be the best hotel in Rio before the tunnel was built.

Lorenzo

Jayf1970
05-02-06, 14:49
Any suggestions for good rates on calling US from Brazil? Calling from the hotel is outrageously expensive. The calling cards are better, but still end up costing about R$0.5 per minute, at least. Sounds to me like there´s go to be a better way to call US. Its costs less than a third of that to call all the way from Asia. Thanks a lot in advance.

Bubba Boy
05-02-06, 14:57
The best deal for the frequent traveller is to subscribe to a VOIP service. For a fixed rate per month you can have free calls back to the US from anywhere in the world.

Jayf1970
05-02-06, 14:59
I don´t mean organic soy burgers and wheat grass juice, but how about subway? Virtually anything I can find to eat in Rio is very greasy, meaty, and cheesy (except salads, may be; but I don´t eat salads). I can do that for a few days but a week or more of that, I don´t feel that great.

Any recommendations for a place that has simple sandwiches / subs? How about ethnic food - vietnamese, indian, etc? Any pointers greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, guys.

Jayf1970
05-02-06, 15:03
along the lines of local calling cards. I´m guessing the cards sold in Copa are probably the most outrageous ones. Is it possible to get cheaper cards?

I don´t travel that often and when I do, don´t need to call home that frequently. So I´ve been reluctant to start with VoIP.

Euro100
05-02-06, 23:43
Any suggestions for good rates on calling US from Brazil? Calling from the hotel is outrageously expensive. The calling cards are better, but still end up costing about R$0.5 per minute, at least. Sounds to me like there´s go to be a better way to call US. Its costs less than a third of that to call all the way from Asia. Thanks a lot in advance.

try skype.com

Turf Builder
05-03-06, 01:34
My solution won't work at a public phone, but can used from a hotel or apartment phone and good for infrequent calls. I use an ATT calling card. 1000 minutes for $34.75 from Sams Club. Using it in Rio to call the US is equivalent to a 250 minute card. So calls to the US are still less than .16 per minute. And it can be used all over the world. I use it in Europe, Japan etc.

Turf Builder

along the lines of local calling cards. I´m guessing the cards sold in Copa are probably the most outrageous ones. Is it possible to get cheaper cards?

I don´t travel that often and when I do, don´t need to call home that frequently. So I´ve been reluctant to start with VoIP.

Tiber22
05-03-06, 12:45
try skype.comYou should use Voipdiscount, it just costs 10 USD every 4 months and from Brasil you can call every landline or cellular phone in the US, and from US you can call every landline phone in Brazil.

You can even buy phon numbers to attach to your account and even have call forwarding service. Much better than skype.

Samu Ray
05-03-06, 17:05
Does anyone know if there is a cellular phone that I could buy, that I would
not have to pay monthly fees. I am ignorant on cell phones. I travel mostly
to So East Asia, Europe and So America. I would like to be able to make calls
to the USA from overseas. Thanks a lot!

Jochen
05-03-06, 18:24
Does anyone know if there is a cellular phone that I could buy, that I would not have to pay monthly fees. I am ignorant on cell phones. I travel mostly to So East Asia, Europe and So America. I would like to be able to make calls
to the USA from overseas. Thanks a lot!http://www.united-mobile.com/cms/website/index.php?lang=12&idcatside=26

Java Man
05-03-06, 22:45
Samu Ray
you'll need to do some research. use google.com:
get yourself a quadband phone, as it will allow you the best chances of finding coverage worldwide. it will have to be "unlocked" meaning it's not tied to a specific cellular carrier. an unlocked phone can be expensive, but it depends on the brand, model and where you buy it. (search ebay and google.)
you'll have to buy a SIM card in whichever country you are in and then you'll have to buy minutes. (SIM stands for Subscriber Identity Module. it is a smart card which securely stores the key identifying a mobile phone service subscriber, as well as subscription information.) you need to know which cell companies allow you to buy minutes in the country you'll visit. more than likely, you'll need the help of a local to buy the SIM card, as they require a local ID and address and other information. if you stop buying minutes, the SIM card "expires" after several months of non use.

i just bought an unlocked quadband phone on Amazon.com: the Motorola RazR for $215. when i return to Rio, i can buy the minutes at any newspaper stand.
n brazil, cell carriers Claro, Vivo and Tim sell minutes. lastly, because you're not on a monthly plan, the per minute phone call rate is higher.

Fast Eddie 48
05-03-06, 23:02
Does anyone know if there is a cellular phone that I could buy, that I would
not have to pay monthly fees. I am ignorant on cell phones. I travel mostly
to So East Asia, Europe and So America. I would like to be able to make calls
to the USA from overseas. Thanks a lot!

to samus ray

Most cell phone company charge you a monthly service that is how they make
money , Your phone company can issue you a unlock code so you can use the
phone oversea , You will need a tri band or quad band phone and buy a pre
paid sim card in the country that you visit some you can charge or add vaule
it depend on the country or card , Philllipine is the cheapest in asia cost is only $6.00 us for a pre paid sim card rechargable good for 20 local call.

pm me if you need more help and see you in thailand
fast eddie 48

Perkele
05-04-06, 00:16
Samu Ray
if you stop buying minutes, the SIM card "expires" after several months of non use.

Claro, Vivo and Tim sell minutes.

Just couple of observations here.

1. When you add minutes to your subscription you'll hear a message where they tell the date. This is the last date when your credits are valid. If you don't add credit before that date, your number is registered 3 months from that date. So normally its around 6 months from the date when you added last credits.

2. Vivo isn't GSM operator. Anyway TIM has the by far the best coverage in Brasil. Although if you're only in Rio it doesn't really matter which one you use.

3. Calling is cheapest when calling to fixed phone or to another cellular of the same operator. Most expensive it is to call abroad and from operator to another.

4. If calling long distance calls in Brasil you have to choose long distance carrier. Cheapest option for TIM is to use prefix 041, Oi 031 etc. Find this out when you buy the SIM card.

5. All numbers need to be registered and usually for this a CPF is needed. I think that most of the retailstores do help with this though.

6. Good luck

Samu Ray
05-04-06, 01:22
To those persons that took time to answer my question on cellular phones,
thanks a lot! you are all wonderful!

Bubba Boy
05-04-06, 05:25
Just one thing to add to Perkeles post. A passport is ok as a subsitute for a CPF. I have brought more sim numbers than I care to remember. Tim never has a problem with a Passport.

Further points.
You can get a great unblocked, quad bank phone off Ebay. Motorola has 2 good quad bands, L6 and Razr. L6 I have seen for USD$100, Razr I have seen for $190-$200. Every time I go through Miami I grab a couple of Razr's, they are 3 times more expensive in Rio and are major status symbols. Nanos are also something that is desired in Rio, USD$250 in Miami USD$550 in Rio.

Third point, if your US phone is blocked you can get it "desblocked" in Rio for R30-R70 depending upon how complicated the phone. Most stores in Centro will do this. Some porto and local knowledge is probably best for this, not really an option for a first time visitor with zero porto skills on a 1 week stop over. You will waste a whole day looking for a store and going through all the business.

Jayf1970
05-04-06, 17:54
Its sold at this internet cafe at Rua Xavier da Silvera (this is the Rua to the right of Othon Palace) and Av. Copacabana. When you hit Av. Copacabana, make a right and about 20 feet to your right, you will see the signs for internet cafe. Most of the times there is a woman standing on the sidewalk with a sign.

Rates are 0.25 per minute to US if calling from a local Rio number. If using a 0-800 number, the rate jumps to 0.70 per minute. Hope this is useful.

CaptainNemo
05-04-06, 18:12
With your U.S. driver license, you can get the SIM. As a matter of fact, with a hotel address, you can get the SIM card.

Don't give to big stores. Go to the small desk in the malls or these small distribution business. They do anything for a buck. No Id, they make up one for you.

I try to leave as litter trace as possible in Brazil.

Member #4156
05-07-06, 10:42
Any of you economic geniuses care to attempt to explain what's going on with the currency rate?

Kapalika
05-07-06, 12:19
Any of you economic geniuses care to attempt to explain what's going on with the currency rate?September 2003 their was a major shift in momentum that did not start to show up until June 2004. During this time it appeared that the rate was stationary at 3/ dollar but as I said momentum had shifted to long term down (chart on far right). After June ’04 bearish pressure built up – you can see the second chart from the right the weekly went into a whats called a head and shoulders formation – basically a major technical reversal point. The “technicals” often show up strengths/weaknesses in momentum long before they eventuate in price. So June ’04 was the first major downthrust (usually there are three major thrusts in Elliott wave theory). The second happened March/April last year – price pulled back to its yearly average and bounced of it. On the daily chart (3 rd from the right) you can see the last such downthrust that took off in Mid January 2006. from 2.25 we are now at 2. If you sold short you would have made a fortune and if you were on the other side of that trade your shitting your pants. Where does this end you ask? Go back to chart one and you can see my Fibonacci retracements. Price is sitting right on a major support level at 2.05. If this level is broken then next major support over the next year or 2 is going to go down eventually to 1.5982. Basically the dollar has been going through a tough time with all the major currencies and the real is no exception. Personally I feel you better get used to these levels for a while. As I said earlier – typically waves have 3 major moves and as those have been exausted their will be some correction or retrcement as its called. Ive drawn thaose in on the second chart from the right if it bounces of 2.05 then it will go up to 2.79 long run. If it doesn’t bounce as I said – get used to these levels. This week (go back to the weekly chart is sitting on a major reversal point Ive drawn a time fib projection and you can see the previous swing hi/lo 2.618 projection ends here – bottom line – its going up soon…(four hour chart on far left shows a head and shoulders reversal that means a reversal may be install ….lets see what happens next week or two).

Cachorro
05-07-06, 13:58
Any of you economic geniuses care to attempt to explain what's going on with the currency rate?
It's kind of the consensus view right now, that's all. Brazil reals good, USA dollars bad. Financial institutions make sheep look like individual thinkers, as the saying goes.

Markets will focus on some things and ignore other things.

Brazil's currency is short and medium term positive because:
- All commodity exporting countries are booming right now.
- Brazil has high interest rates so is considered an attractive place to park money
- Government has been honouring all its obligations as far as debt etc. No defaults.

USA dollar is short term negative because:
- Signals were sent that interest rates in the future will be steady or will go lower.
- Overextended consumer credit and chance of an asset correction in property market, leading to defaults etc
- Continues to run a large trade deficit and government spending deficit.

That does not mean the currencies will move in that direction forever. Personally I think the real is starting to look expensive and the US dollar too cheap. But no one really knows which direction it will go.

Bubba Boy
05-07-06, 15:33
Excellent summary by Cachorro. One risk to the currency is a major financial shock like a good scandal or a debt default. Until this happens the Real is going to be strong in the short term.

I am currently waiting for the currency to weaken so I can buy an apartment their, I am prepared to wait a year or 2 because one thing that tends to happen in Brasil is someone always stuffs things up after a few good years. Something has to give soon, their economy does not justify a currency as strong as they have now.

If George Bush died it would not hurt ;-)

Track Star
05-07-06, 22:51
If George Bush died it would not hurt ;-)

Amen to that!! We would get rid the most corrupt, evil president in US history. He is running the errand of big oil, business and the banking industry. And his numbered secret bank account in Bahamas, Switzerland or wherever it is will be overflowing with back-end pay from the aforementioned business after his presidency is over as a thank you for running their errands!! Belive me on this one.

Track Star

Bubba Boy
05-07-06, 23:21
When you speak of evil men don't forget Dick Chaney. The man makes your average Favela Boss look like an Angel ;-)

Most favourite ex president to hang with in a Terma. No contest, has to be Bill Clinton. Any Kennedy would give Bill a run, but I don't think they could keep up with Bill. He would do 4 programas a night for sure.

Track Star
05-08-06, 01:09
[QUOTE=Bubba Boy]When you speak of evil men don't forget Dick Chaney. The man makes your average Favela Boss look like an Angel ;-)

Most favourite ex president to hang with in a Terma. No contest, has to be Bill Clinton. Any Kennedy would give Bill a run, but I don't think they could keep up with Bill. He would do 4 programas a night for sure.

Yes, Bill Clinton is a man that could appreciate and relate to the Copa sex scene..

Rio Bob
05-09-06, 00:10
I just checked out Air fares to Rio up to Feb 2007 and Continental Airlines has fares $550 plus tax from Newark. this is very good as the prices recently have been in the $1000 as most of you know and I wouldn't expect these prices to last either, I just bought mine for the next trip.

The Watcher
05-09-06, 01:18
I just checked out Air fares to Rio up to Feb 2007 and Continental Airlines has fares $550 plus tax from Newark. this is very good as the prices recently have been in the $1000 as most of you know and I wouldn't expect these prices to last either, I just bought mine for the next trip.

Where did you find these prices? I went to the Continental Airlines website and the cheapest I got from Newark for the end of July was $816. Did you use Expedia or Travelocity or another site? Thanks.

Hoo Doo
05-09-06, 05:08
Where did you find these prices? I went to the Continental Airlines website and the cheapest I got from Newark for the end of July was $816. Did you use Expedia or Travelocity or another site? Thanks.Rio Bob tells no lie. I just booked my mid-july flight out of Newark on the Continental home page for $639 including tax.

The Watcher
05-09-06, 15:30
Rio Bob tells no lie. I just booked my mid-july flight out of Newark on the Continental home page for $639 including tax.

I would never accuse Rio Bob of lying. I just couldn't find it on the Continental site. The following is part of what I found there:

"Round Trip
Depart: New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Date: Thu., Jul. 27, 2006 Time: Anytime Cabin: Economy
Arrive: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
> Start New Search

With Stops
from
$816.00"

I guess I just picked the wrong dates. I will try again.

Rio Bob
05-09-06, 15:55
I would never accuse Rio Bob of lying. I just couldn't find it on the Continental site. The following is part of what I found there:

"Round Trip
Depart: New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty) Date: Thu., Jul. 27, 2006 Time: Anytime Cabin: Economy
Arrive: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
> Start New Search

With Stops
from
$816.00"

I guess I just picked the wrong dates. I will try again.

As we all know prices for airfares are based upon a complex formula and supply and demand, yes your dates were 816 but I checked aug 10 for example and they were 550, try another week, I have not seen prices like this in years, the only other carrier that even comes close is Varig and they are close to going out of business so maybe Continental is competing with their current price and trying to put more of a hurtin on them.

Ezinho
05-09-06, 18:10

Checked out Travelocity.com and put in flexible dates when I searched, and looks like not only Continental has the $550 fare from Newark, but American does as well. At these prices it almost makes up for the crappy exchange rate (almost).

There must be something going on because I checked from San Francisco to Rio and there is a $619 fare on American, that's the lowest I've seen from here in Northern California in a while...

Triple Input
05-09-06, 20:32
Going to Recife during the first week of July and finding anything from LAX to REC is pretty expensive. Around 1200-1400. Anybody have any ideas on better pricing.

Thanks

Rio Bob
05-09-06, 21:31
Yes this was a good find, I had no intention of buying my next ticket now, I was going to wait, I had been playing around on the Continental website and noticed the price drop. Having seen this before I knew it wouldn't last so I made a decision on my dates and bought the ticket. I also just checked Orbitz and Varig has a flight that leaves 9 am and arrives 11:15 PM in Rio, you can be in Help by 12:30, I would love this flight as I dont like overnight flights but I dont trust Varig.

Pounddog
05-10-06, 02:30
Word to the wise, avoid that 9 am Varig flight out of JFK as they cancel it quite often for "technical problems". A couple of friends and I were booked on that flight back in February, the flight ended up getting cancelled and we did not arrive in Rio until the following morning. Plus, our return flight via São Paulo on Varig got cancelled as well. A sinking airline company for sure.

Bubba Boy
05-10-06, 02:49
Anybody thinking of flying with Varig should be aware they are on the verge of bankruptcy, balancing very finely on the brink of no return. I am in Rio now, have been here a few months and it has been on the news daily. The pilots even had a protest on Ipanema beach a few weekends ago. My point being it is possible that if you buy tickets with Varig they will fold before you get a chance to use them. They announced a half assed rescue plan tonight but it was just a joke.

Royalflush
05-10-06, 14:05
For those of you living in Brasil, what do you hear about GOL? I understand that they're like the Jet Blue of Brasil--and their stock is up more than 40% over the last month or so.

Track Star
05-10-06, 16:42
hello track star here,

brazil-mongers of the world do yourself a favor and avoid varig.

last fall i got back to seattle 27 hours delayed because of those fuckers.

they held the international flight from rio to lima, peru with stop in sao paulo for an extra 1 1/2 hr to get more people onboard.

the result was that i missed my usa flight to usa that nite. got booked on another usa flight even later that evening. sat on the plane for 4 1/2hr because of technical problems and that flight got cancelled.

had to stay over that nite in sao paulo and fly out the next evening. arrived in seattle 27hrs late tired, pooped and with very low regard for varig which initially caused the whole problem because of their rio departure delay.

they are about to kick the bucket. not good to do any ticketing via them right now.

just my cents worth.

track star

Bubba Boy
05-10-06, 17:20
Gol are ok, nice new boeing planes, be careful when using then for anything other than short hops. The longer flights will stop at one place or many places. A friend of mine went to the North and it took him 16 hours, stopped every city.

http://www.voegol.com.br/

They have real cheap flights between Sao Paulo and Rio from and to the international airports. Domestic to Domestic airports are not that cheap.

El Austriaco
05-10-06, 18:23
Last time I flew to Rio de Janeiro (February 2006), I was booked on an Avianca flight from Mexico City via Bogotá. I had already been on exactly the same flight in 2005, without any problems. This time, the Mexico City to Bogotá segment was actually operated by Mexicana. Due to a snowstorm in Montreal, the Mexicana plane was 5 hours late in arriving in Mexico City, as a result of which I definitely would have missed my connection in Bogotá. Ultimately, they booked me on a Varig flight to Sao Paulo later that day. Fine with me, except for the five hour wait at Guarulhos for the 45-minute hop to Rio de Janeiro. All in all, I arrived in Rio about six hours later than scheduled. So my Varig experience wasn't all that bad.

The return trip with Avianca was without a hitch. Rio to Sao Paulo (just a stopover) to Bogotá, connect to Mexico City.

Not sure whether Avianca is a viable option flying out of the States, though. Don't see why they shouldn't be.

EA

Monger 3
05-10-06, 21:52
For those of you living in Brasil, what do you hear about GOL? I understand that they're like the Jet Blue of Brasil--and their stock is up more than 40% over the last month or so.

Me and some friends used it from Salvador to Rio...no stops...and only about 200R each way...with exchange rate at 2.45ish...easy and accomodating...

TAM has also been good for intra-Brasil flights too...

Helpmann
05-11-06, 00:09
Not sure whether Avianca is a viable option flying out of the States, though. Don't see why they shouldn't be.

EAI'm flying to Rio via Avianca from New York (JFK) in a couple of weeks.

I hope it works out.

-Helpmann :)

George90
05-11-06, 00:56
Going to Recife during the first week of July and finding anything from LAX to REC is pretty expensive. Around 1200-1400. Anybody have any ideas on better pricing.

Thanks

I have flown to Recife several time on TAM from Miami. Over the past year, the fare has been around $1,100 for 2 week advance purchase. I once saw a fare of $750 at 4 weeks advance purchase but I did not have firm travel dates and could not take advantage of it. Flying from the west coast, which is much farther, you could expect the fare to be higher.

Our summer is the low season for Brazil, and fares are generally lower. You can find some bargains until early August.

Exec Talent
05-11-06, 02:20
EA

I have taken Avianca from both Ft. Lauderdale and Miami with stops in Bogota then Sao Paulo and Rio. Everything went well.

Exec Talent
05-11-06, 02:23
I too had a problem while traveling on Varig but it was more because of the Federal Police strike than anything they had done. Keep in mind that they partner with United, so should something happen do what I did and insist on being placed on a United flight.

Mangera
05-11-06, 20:46
The Real hit 2.09 for every dollar today. Thank goodness, hope this trend continues. Its been on a downward trend for a couple of weeks, its about time the bleeding comes to a stop. Laters!

Carlos Primeros
05-12-06, 20:54
A week after Carnival I had to fly from Rio to Europe on a very urgent business.
TAP, Lufthansa and Iberia had been solidly booked, all classes. Only Varig had some first-class seats and I had to buy a first-class ticket.

They used a 767 for the flight and my god - they even did not have the fist-class cabin cleaned!!!! My seat was stained with old food and drinks!!! - I paid over 4000 USD for a rotten, stinky, dirty seat with a very bad service.

Never again Varig. Stay as far as possible away from this airline.

Carlos

Member #4156
05-13-06, 01:12
This week (go back to the weekly chart is sitting on a major reversal point Ive drawn a time fib projection and you can see the previous swing hi/lo 2.618 projection ends here – bottom line – its going up soon…(four hour chart on far left shows a head and shoulders reversal that means a reversal may be install ….lets see what happens next week or two).

Looks like you were right!!!

California Guy
05-15-06, 19:27
This is not good!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060515/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/brazil_police_attacked

BootyTapper
05-15-06, 21:01
This is not good!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060515/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/brazil_police_attacked

I have been watching it on RedeTV and reading about it in O Dia. Nothing about it looks good. The number increased by 40 since yesterday because in O Dia they said it was 30 people. Most of the dead were police and federal agents, I think it was only 5 gang members dead. I pray this does not spread to Rio because its all over Sao Paolo right now.

Track Star
05-16-06, 06:01
Hello Fellow Mongers,

I heard this joke on the Jay Leno show and I feel that is appropriate to share it with people who are genuinely interested in screwing.

"I liked Bill Clinton because he screwed only one individual at a time while Geoge Bush screws the entire nation!"

Track Star

Exec Talent
05-31-06, 16:32
I suggested in another area of the forum plotting the Real-Dollar exchange rate against the Dow's movement. It has worked for me in making "exchange" timing decisions. The day after the DOW sell off and drop of 180 pts the rate is about 2.32:1.

Member #4042
05-31-06, 19:03
I am going to Manaus but I am gonna have to spend the night in SP because the connecting flight is the next day( June 2).

Is the situation in SP good enough to monger tomorrow night (june1)? It is still too risky?

Should I better stay in Guarulhos and forget about sex until I get to Manaus?

Pipe Layer99
06-01-06, 01:01

ThanksCheck out: www.blameitonrio4travel.com

Their prices are good for airfare.

Talves
06-01-06, 01:17
I am going to Manaus but I am gonna have to spend the night in SP because the connecting flight is the next day( June 2).

Is the situation in SP good enough to monger tomorrow night (june1)? It is still too risky?

Should I better stay in Guarulhos and forget about sex until I get to Manaus?Nothing to worry about. Everything is back to normal here.

Pipe Layer99
06-01-06, 07:25
Going to Rio solo in 3 weeks - anyone else going 20 - 27 Jun?

Pipe Layer99
06-02-06, 04:35
Trip moved up a week. Any players in town 13 - 20 Jun?

DD

Track Star
06-02-06, 06:15
This company seems to have a good relationship and good airfares via Continental especially for us flying out of Seattle

For example flying around 19th of October from Seattle and returning on October 30th their fare is a total of just around $900..that is about as good as it can get departing out of Seattle.

www.flycheapol.com

Track Star

Freddy5440
06-02-06, 07:01
I am planning a trip in July and need to go to SP on business and want to do some mongering while there.Any advice appreciated.Should I spend time in SP or head back to Rio?I am early 50's what are the best options for mongering in either city.

Pipe Layer99
06-04-06, 00:20
Just booked a flight from Chicago to Rio for $739 I used blameitonrio4travel
A friend turned me on to them. He has used them numerous times over the last 3 years. Good price.

Hondo12
06-09-06, 21:02
Do any of you know where I can get some of those Brazilian Diet pills, the original version. Emagrece Sim? I'm in the US and looking to have some shipped to me.

Rio Bob
06-10-06, 02:39
Do any of you know where I can get some of those Brazilian Diet pills, the original version. Emagrece Sim? I'm in the US and looking to have some shipped to me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/EMAGRECE-SIM-Brazilian-Diet-Pill-100-Natural-Wow_W0QQitemZ9527901739QQihZ007QQcategoryZ31820QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vcc/brazilianbasics/emagrece/189813/
just google it, plenty out there

Hondo12
06-10-06, 19:01
http://cgi.ebay.com/EMAGRECE-SIM-Brazilian-Diet-Pill-100-Natural-Wow_W0QQitemZ9527901739QQihZ007QQcategoryZ31820QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vcc/brazilianbasics/emagrece/189813/
Just google it, plenty out thereI don't think those are the original non-FDA approved pills.

Rio Bob
06-12-06, 19:51
I suggested in another area of the forum plotting the Real-Dollar exchange rate against the Dow's movement. It has worked for me in making "exchange" timing decisions. The day after the DOW sell off and drop of 180 pts the rate is about 2.32:1.

Im not sure how this "exchange" timing works but the DOW has been down about 700 points in recent weeks and today the rate is about 2.29:1. It would seem to me that by your theory by now the exchange would have been about 2.70:1, too bad it isn't.

Member #4156
06-13-06, 07:52
Are the best right now. The exchange rate is ridiculoso. If you're comming Rio in the near future, no need to bring a whole lot of cash with you IMHO. I've been to atleast 7 places and just out of curiosity I asked at what rate were they exchanging. Most said 2.1:1. Some 2.15:1, just straight up robbery. Help was giving out the highest rate at 2.20:1 on the night that I went. You can't go wrong withdrawing money from the ATM even after you pay the R$6.00 transation fee.

El Greco
06-13-06, 14:34
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060608/ts_afp/brazilairlinecompanyvarig

Does anyone have an update on the subject?

El Greco

Java Man
06-13-06, 17:05
from BBC news today

"Brazil court agrees to Varig sale
Debt-ridden Brazilian airline Varig could be saved after a bankruptcy court judge agreed "in principle" to sell it to a group of the carrier's employees.

But the workers, who offered $449m (£244m) for the beleaguered firm, have been given until Wednesday to clarify how they would finance the deal.

The consortium was the only bidder for Varig, and its offer was well below the minimum price of $860m.

Some analysts have said it is unlikely the workers have the financial backing.

'Do everything possible'

The proposal by the NV Participations, representing the TGV (Trabalhadores do Grupo Varig) employees' association, involves paying $124.5m in cash and issuing debentures - a form of unsecured bond - to cover the rest of the cost.

Judge Roberto Ayoub said that another auction was a possibility if the workers did not come up with the money .

"The judiciary will do everything possible to save this company and any other company in a similar situation," he said.

The struggling carrier's domestic and international assets, including 52 aircraft, are at stake.

But the new owner would not have to assume any of the airline's estimated $3.5bn debt.

Competition

Varig has been under bankruptcy protection for a year.

It was the top airline in Brazil until 2004, but was then overtaken by TAM and later by Gol.

The airline has suffered financial problems for years because of rising costs and growing low-cost competition.

It now has just 16.7% of the domestic market, but remains the leading Brazilian carrier internationally, with a 66.4% share.

Last year it cut 13% of its 12,000-strong workforce in an effort to stave off bankruptcy.

Since 1945, Varig has been majority-owned by the non-profit Ruben Berta Foundation."

From Reuters june 9:

"US court orders Varig to return jets to Boeing

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A New York State Supreme Court on Friday ordered troubled Brazilian airline Varig (VAGV4.SA: Quote, Profile, Research) to turn over a number of aircraft to various plaintiffs including Boeing Co. (BA.N: Quote, Profile, Research)

An injunction called for Varig, which declared bankruptcy a year ago, to stop operating the aircraft on Monday and to return them to the plaintiffs by June 16. The injunction also called for Varig's nonoperating aircraft to be returned to owners by July 1.

A Boeing spokesman said late Friday that it had 10 airplanes at the airline but the court order listed seven planes. Earlier Brazilian news reports put the airplane total at seven.

Founded in 1927, Varig -- short for Viacao Aerea Rio-Grandense - has long been one of Brazil's best-known companies globally. But it has been struggling for years, racking up debt and losing market share to more cost-efficient rivals like TAM and Gol.

On Thursday an employee group, known by its Portuguese acronym TGV, was the lone bidder at a public auction, offering $449 million for Varig. But the bid was well below the minimum price of $860 million stipulated by the court overseeing the auction, raising doubts about whether it would be approved.

Brazilian Judge Luiz Roberto Ayoub had said he would decide on Friday whether to authorize the sale of Varig, which has been operating under bankruptcy protection for the last year.

But he decided to postpone the ruling until Monday after receiving a new bid from a little known investment fund called the Multilong Corporation, which offered $800 million for the troubled carrier. A company official could not immediately be reached for comment.

An earlier round of bidding failed to produce an offer that met the court's minimum price of $860 million, triggering the second auction process without a minimum bid requirement.

A decade ago, Varig controlled nearly 50 percent of Brazil's aviation market. Today its market share has dwindled to 16.5 percent.

In addition to Boeing, Varig's creditors include General Electric Co. (GE.N: Quote, Profile, Research) and several state-owned entities, such as giant oil firm Petrobras (PBR.N: Quote, Profile, Research)(PETR4.SA: Quote, Profile, Research) and the government's airport authority Infraero."

Gilgamesh
06-13-06, 21:46
I don't post much, and most of my experiences are in TJ (AB) I was wondering about the best times of year to come and visit. :) I'm trying to "branch" out and see what other places have to offer for my next vacation.

Thanks

BH Bound
06-16-06, 05:26
Found this on another forum...the WSG. This idiot just gave me another reason I can't go back to Rio. Here's this tool's little banter. I hope he dies slow for all the lives he ruined.

I'm sorry to say that my life is ruined forever. I spent 8 months of the last year in Rio. (4 months, then back to the US to check up on my business, then another 4 months in and I just got back a 2 months ago). I contracted HIV in Rio, and I'm not sure if it was on my first trip or my second trip, but I know it was in Rio. I had unprotected sex with almost all of the women I was with (I always paid whatever the women wanted....even up to 1000 reais for a night for a stunner), and it's hard to tell who I contracted it from, since I was with a different woman almost every day. I probably had sex with between 150 and 200 women all unprotected. I don't know when I contracted it. It could have been my last fuck in Rio or my first. All I'm saying, is that please don't make the same mistake I did, and wear a condom. Honestly, I will probably return to Rio and continue having sex with women while I still can. Reflecting back on my life, I think I went crazy in Rio because it was my first time there, and was never really good with women. I fell in love with a different woman every other day. I can't beleive a woman would agree to have unprotected sex with someone knowing that they have the HIV. Please, don't be an idiot like I was and wear a condom.

PS. I was debating whether or not to post this on the forums, since I've never really posted or been a member. I just read from time to time. I decided that after numerous tests, and being sure, that it was my responsibility to let the community know that I may have added to many girls being infected and to tell you to remember to practice safe sex.

Three I
06-16-06, 16:34
Found this on another forum...the WSG. This idiot just gave me another reason I can't go back to Rio. Here's this tool's little banter. I hope he dies slow for all the lives he ruined.

I'm sorry to say that my life is ruined forever. I spent 8 months of the last year in Rio. (4 months, then back to the US to check up on my business, then another 4 months in and I just got back a 2 months ago). I contracted HIV in Rio, and I'm not sure if it was on my first trip or my second trip, but I know it was in Rio. I had unprotected sex with almost all of the women I was with (I always paid whatever the women wanted....even up to 1000 reais for a night for a stunner), and it's hard to tell who I contracted it from, since I was with a different woman almost every day. I probably had sex with between 150 and 200 women all unprotected. I don't know when I contracted it. It could have been my last fuck in Rio or my first. All I'm saying, is that please don't make the same mistake I did, and wear a condom. Honestly, I will probably return to Rio and continue having sex with women while I still can. Reflecting back on my life, I think I went crazy in Rio because it was my first time there, and was never really good with women. I fell in love with a different woman every other day. I can't beleive a woman would agree to have unprotected sex with someone knowing that they have the HIV. Please, don't be an idiot like I was and wear a condom.

PS. I was debating whether or not to post this on the forums, since I've never really posted or been a member. I just read from time to time. I decided that after numerous tests, and being sure, that it was my responsibility to let the community know that I may have added to many girls being infected and to tell you to remember to practice safe sex.

Brother sorry to hear that and God bless you brother.
I have been to Brazil but I didn't see any girls theres!

Track Star
06-16-06, 21:40
Yes Brazil would definitely not be a place you would "stumpfen" girls without a condom. These girls are high usage. They see a lot of guys. Some of them are bound and guaranteed to have HIV.

I did the same stupid shit BH did when I was still in college when visitnig Panama back in the 87 and was scared for a long time before I got tested and found out that I was negative.

After that kind of fear I would not screw any hooker in this day and age without a condom. Wearing a condom is a requirement every time as much as you brush and floss you teeth every day.

I know some guys thinks condoms suck...I like em you last longer and gotta fuck harder!!!

My cents worth.

Track Star

George90
06-16-06, 23:27
It wasn't BH who did that. BH reposted a story from another forum.

However, I have difficulty believing the story and feel it is a plant from a feminist to scare us into not mongering anymore. It looks like BH fell for it (unless he himself is part of the conspiracy).

Anyone who has been to Brazil and had any type of sex there, never mind P4P, should be able to see clues that the story was written by some without mongering experience.

The first major clue is the length of time spent in Brazil. Visas are needed for Americans to travel to Brazil and the MAXIMUM stay is 3 months at a time, and 6 months total within a year. Therefore, this person, whom I am assuming is American because he owns a business in the US which requires at least US residency, cannot spend 4 months at a time in Brazil and certainly cannot spend a total of 8 months out of a year in Brazil.

The second clue is the statement that he also paid whatever the woman wanted. (WTF????) (If that is not a feminist wish, what is?!?!?!) How many of us never bargain with a GDP? How may threads have there been extolling men to not pay high prices?

Has anyone ever met a GDP in Rio who even ASKED for $R1,000 for a night?? This is a ridiculously high price that no GDP would charge. Even "stunners" would max out at $R350! This writer has no clue about GDP prices in Brazil.

I don't believe a real monger would stay months in Rio and have sex with 100 women. A real monger would choose 4-6 women he liked the most and have marathon sex with only them, sometimes 2 or 3 at the same time. He would live in an apartment with them. No monger wants the hassle of looking for new women every night for months on end.

Safe sex through condom use is vigorously promoted by the Brazilian government. It has succeeded in reducing HIV transmission by huge amounts in the past 10 years, moreso than any other country. GDPs in particular, and Brazilian women generally, simply won't have casual unprotected sex with anyone. The claim of unprotected sex with ALL 200 women is pure crock!

After writing this, I think that post should be reported to the administrator for spreading dangerous lies.

Gladiator
06-16-06, 23:56
I agree with George: every sentence of that post smells of BS and it is clear that the idiot who wrote it has never mongered in Rio.

Anyway, even in the hypothetical case that it was true: who cares? It wouldn’t really reveal anything that we aren’t aware of, would it? We all know that in Rio, like everywhere else, there are girls with STD’s (including HIV); we all know that some mongers (not many, fortunately) bareback some girls; we all know that some of those barebackers occasionally get STD’s (including HIV) and, in turn, pass them on – it is part of Rio’s (and any other city’s) sex dynamic, it’s always been like that and it always will, it’s not a big deal.

Ee2002
06-17-06, 02:06
Gladiator is right, this should not change anything for us.You should be covered up when being with ALL GDPs and assume that they all might have something.I saw this thread on the other site by the original poster, I doubt BH Bound is part of a conspiracy for posting a thread like this from another site.The original poster was criticised and even replied to the criticisms.Whether its true or false its a good wake up call for those that do or consider fucking a GDP bareback.Trust me there are plenty of GDP's in Rio who will do this either for extra pay, or they prefer without and dont care,or like their sex partner and feel confortable with him,or are trying to get pregnant or are just straight loco or drunk.

I wouldn't worry too much about that thread because there is nothing we could do about it.Although there are plenty of holes in that story, there are probably numerous guys out there doing the same thing(i have met a few,but not with HIV).The only thing you could do is take your own precautions and get tested every once in a while or if your that alarmed by it give up the life all together.Mongering is a high risk hobby but someones gotta do it, Be Safe guys.

BH Bound
06-17-06, 02:15
Yeah, the original poster is not me, I've wrapped up every time...because I'm not an idiot. I don't know whether to beleive it or not, but for me, there are so many places in the world and even in South America that are cheaper, and now, safer than Brazil, so why not explore more and get out of my comfort zone? I'm more of the cautious type, so this asshole forced me out of my comfort zone and I'll be hitting up Colombia for the first time :D.

Sal Dali
06-17-06, 16:24
You've got to be kidding. I hear this sort of foolishness from time to time, but there's no place for it on this board. We've got to be smarter than that to adequately protect ourselves.

SD (MD)

HIV is a government created condition. There is no such thing as HIV it is a bogus test. There are std's and full blown aids but this hiv is bad science.

Three I
06-18-06, 07:31
Understand this in order for a test to be accurate you must first isolate the antibody. The HIV antibody has never been isolated therefore the test is bogus, Junk science.

Technically he is right!
There are many sight dedicated to this subject if you care to look!

George90
06-19-06, 05:18
Technically he is right!
There are many sight dedicated to this subject if you care to look!

I have visited some of those sites. I agree that Sparks is technically correct. There is no HIV antibody and the HIV tests look for the presence of certain specific proteins. Unfortunately, the presence of those proteins can be caused by other illnesses, foods, and medicines, leading to false positives.

Still, the level of detail in that stuff has little practical usefulness. If you are engaging in high risk behavior and you test positive, then you are HIV+

Sprite13
06-20-06, 03:44
Hello gents,

I'll be going to Brasil in July for 3 weeks, 1 week in Rio, 1 in the south in Santa Catarina and I'd have one more week during which I'd like to visit and try the Nordeste. Which city there would you recommend for 1 week of wild and crazy fun in the Nordeste? Also, where in the Nordeste in that period, is the weather better to allow beach play?

Valeu.

Bubba Boy
06-21-06, 01:35
Varig cancelled most of their flights today. I believe all their domestic flights were stopped and some International flights. I believe Boeing and a few other suppliers won court orders to reposses some planes as well a couple of days ago. I am not saying this will be the final end of them but it does not overly promising. Be careful if you are about to buy tickets with them.

Johan
06-22-06, 19:08
Varig cancelled most of their flights today. I believe all their domestic flights were stopped and some International flights. I believe Boeing and a few other suppliers won court orders to reposses some planes as well a couple of days ago. I am not saying this will be the final end of them but it does not overly promising. Be careful if you are about to buy tickets with them.

Bubba Boy is partially correct to advise not to buy tickets from Varig. I am one of those unfortunate souls who happened to purchased not one but TWO tix from Varig a few months ago for trips in July and August. Now, I am stuck with these unusable tix and seems unlikely that other carriers may honor Varig's tix. So, now, I am in a catch 22 if I should wait for more news to come in or buy new tix for Brasil.

Bubba Boy is incorrect that Boeing won court orders to repo the planes. Nothing to do with Boeing. Varig leases 80% of their aircrafts from leasing companies, all major banks in the midwest. One particular bank I know is US Banc. So, as far as Boeing is concerned, they pocketed their money long time ago as Boeing sold the plane and received cash from the Banks and the Banks lease the planes to Varig. So, it is the banks and other creditors (fuel suppliers, governments, food suppliers, maintenance companies, employees and passengers who bought tix). Finally, if the "market" is a good indicator if Varig would recovery, it is NOT promising. Last week, Varig's IOU was traded 30 cents to the dollar in the market and as of yesterday, it traded 5 cents to the dollar indicating the market perspection that it has about 5% chance of getting back the money.

So, if you are like me, holding Varig tix, wait for one more week to see what's happening and prepare to purchase a new tix from another carriers. If you are yet to purchase tix, definitely DON'T purchase anything from Varig. This thing is going down. :(

Lorenzo
06-22-06, 21:25
Johan,

It may not be as bleak as it sounds...maybe. I too have a Varig ticket for an August domestic flight, GIG-FEN-GIG. I was aware of Varig's plight when I bought the ticket, but it appears to be the only airline that flies to FEN. However, if you purchased the ticket with a credit card, you can always contest the charge with your credit card issuer if they do cancel the flight. I believe there may be a time limit on this, maybe 60 days, but I am still within this.

Moreover, I'm not so sure other airlines won't honor Varig tickets. I don't know about Brazilian airlines, but in the past, in the US, other airlines have honored tickets on airlines that went belly up. They didn't have to do this, but they did it as a goodwill gesture. It makes good business sense; after all, a grateful customer may well be a source of repeat business.

My suggestion is to sit tight and wait to see what happens. Good decisions are never made in panic mode. BTW, where can I read something about this? After I read Bubba Boy's report I googled Varig but didn't see anything, nor have I when I've done it a couple of times since. Nor does Varig's website mention anything. I'm not disputing the reports; I would just like to know the source.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo
06-22-06, 21:29
I came across this article since my last post: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/13/business/worldbusiness/13fobriefs-006.html?ex=1307851200&en=90437461efcb973f&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss. It looks like Varig might pull through after all, if this purchase goes through.

Lorenzo
06-22-06, 21:36
This is the most recent article I could find: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4684599.stm. It looks like it's still up in the air (pun intended).

Jasss
06-22-06, 22:09
http://www.forbes.com/finance/feeds/afx/2006/06/21/afx2829682.html
dont look to good from here.

Bubba Boy
06-24-06, 04:22
Bubba Boy is incorrect that Boeing won court orders to repo the planes. Nothing to do with Boeing. Varig leases 80% of their aircrafts from leasing companies, all major banks in the midwest. One particular bank I know is US Banc. So, as far as Boeing is concerned, they pocketed their money long time ago as Boeing sold the plane and received cash from the Banks and the Banks lease the planes to Varig. So, it is the banks and other creditors (fuel suppliers, governments, food suppliers, maintenance companies, employees and passengers who bought tix). Finally, if the "market" is a good indicator if Varig would recovery, it is NOT promising. Last week, Varig's IOU was traded 30 cents to the dollar in the market and as of yesterday, it traded 5 cents to the dollar indicating the market perspection that it has about 5% chance of getting back the money.

Not that is is really relevant on a website like this but:- A lease of a high value item like a jet is not as simple as going to the bank and getting a loan. They are very complex to finance. Generally speaking one syndicate may finance the fuselage. Another may finance the interior fitout. Another may finance the engine or engines. Various other parts can also be split up. Any one of these companies can take out a court order, ground the plane and attempt to get its cash back. The court order that Boeing successfully undertook was to repo 8 planes, this would probably be due to unpaid invoices on parts. Even if a plane is paid in full you need to buy parts every month to keep it going. General Electric, a large engine supplier also was party to the suit. The TV reports in Rio indicated that the US, France and Portugal financiers were all looking to repo Varig planes. Varig stopped flying to all the destinations that had court action to repo planes.

Portraiture
06-26-06, 10:51
Hi all,

In the middle of planning my first ever trip to Rio and Brazil! Just bought my airfare from Continental for ~$955 from the US East Coast.

I'm trying to settle on a hotel now. It seems that everyone has his favorite hotel here, and everyone has a reason not to stay at all the other hotels!

Anyhow, I am looking for a hotel which is both girl-friendly (i.e. no fees) and has the comfort level that we are used to getting out of American chains... I am considering the Sheraton, which from reading the forums I gather is reasonably girl-friendly, although really far from the action. However, there are some really BAD reviews of the Sheraton (Leblon) on tripadvisor.com, complete with photos of moldy A/C and flaking paint etc etc.

Another option that I have been considering is the Parthenon Queen Elizabeth. I think Bubba mentioned that it was girl friendly, but that's the only comment I recall and he only did it 2 - 3x per week I think. Can anyone else confirm that the Parthenon is girl-friendly? I don't mind registering her, but fees would be a letdown.

Thanks again, and I'm open to any and all recommendations! (aside from an apartment - just not my style).

Rio Bob
07-04-06, 23:25
Brazil Real Ends Little Changed After Central Bank Buys Dollars
July 4 (Bloomberg) -- Brazil's real ended the day little changed after the central bank purchased U.S. dollars on the currency spot market for a second day.

The bank bought the U.S. currency in an auction for 2.1660 reais per dollar as part of an effort to replenish foreign reserves. The bank resumed dollar purchases yesterday for the first time since May 16.

``The central bank move today might weaken the real a bit, but nothing dramatic,'' Fernando Vicente, a fixed-income and derivatives trader at Banco Prosper, said in an interview from Rio de Janeiro. The real isn't likely to fall too far because of ``significant dollar flows from exporters and foreign investors recently,'' he said.

The real was little changed at 2.1687 per dollar at 4:35 p.m. New York time, after most trading had ended. Trading was lighter than usual because U.S. markets closed three hours early yesterday and are shut today for the Independence Day holiday.

Exports rose 17 percent in June to $11.4 billion from May, pushing the trade surplus to its highest level in six months, a government report showed yesterday. The data reinforced confidence in the real and Brazil's assets, said Nathan Blanche, a partner at economic consulting firm Tendencias Consultoria.

``The fundamentals are very strong -- we are reminded of that every time data comes out,'' Blanche said in an interview from Sao Paulo. He expects the real to trade at 2.15 to 2.17 per dollar within a few months and 2.20 per dollar at year-end.

The dollar futures contract for Aug. 1, 2006, settlement, the most-widely traded on the BM&F commodity and futures exchange in Sao Paulo, exchanged hands at 2.184 reais per dollar from 2.1938 reais yesterday.

The yield to the 2015 call date on Brazil's benchmark 11 percent bond due in 2040 rose to 7.33 percent, while the yield to maturity rose to 8.77 percent from 8.72 percent yesterday, according to JPMorgan Chase & Co. The bond's price, which moves inversely to the yield, fell 0.70 cent on the dollar to 124.00.

To contact the reporter on this story:
Adriana Brasileiro in Rio de Janeiro at at abrasileiro@bloomberg.net
Last Updated: July 4, 2006 15:40 EDT

Figures
07-06-06, 22:03
Need a little help here. We are returning to Rio first of August and have paid a depsoit on an apt in Rio. Something has come up that has caused us some concern about how legit this apt may be. If anyone has ever stayed there or knows anything about it we would really appreciate hearing from you. The link is http://www.riodreamapartment.com/flash_content/flash_content.html
Really don't want to find ourselves arriving in Rio to find out this place is a scam.

Bubba Boy
07-08-06, 04:57
I didn't stay in the apartment but went over their to view it one day, I was thinking about renting it but it was a bit over the top for me. My Rio partner in crime loved it, but then he is a pimp. It is pretty much like it is portrayed in the pics. It is located on Rua Franciso Sa (spelling anybody?), near the corner of Av Senhora Copacabana, opposite the Portinari Design Hotel.

I still have the guys contact details that was going to rent it to me, he is legit, I am sure he would help you with your concerns. I am thinking many agencies have the right to rent it out, hence you may have dealt with someone else. What would you like to know about it?

The Watcher
07-08-06, 05:36
The link is http://www.riodreamapartment.com/flash_content/flash_content.html

How much does this dream apartment cost?

Rio Bob
07-08-06, 17:18
How much does this dream apartment cost?

Well, I don't know but if you click on the PayPal icon on the bottom of the first page the daily amount is pre filled out for you at $100 a day. I don't know how true this is but if this is the daily rate and from what I see in the pictures this rate is too good to be true for an apartment like that.

Bravo
07-08-06, 18:23
Well, I don't know but if you click on the PayPal icon on the bottom of the first page the daily amount is pre filled out for you at $100 a day. I don't know how true this is but if this is the daily rate and from what I see in the pictures this rate is too good to be true for an apartment like that.

If I remember this pace is 195-300US a night! Not worth it in my opinion, especialy since its not a beach front apartment.

Figures
07-08-06, 18:39
The reason I asked is I've already reserved the apartment and paid a deposit for two weeks beginning first of August. The guy I've been dealing with is Ilan. Our agreement was for a $300 US deposit and the balance due if it was as respresented upon arrival. Couple of days ago Ilan sends me an email saying they are having problems with folks not showing up and he now wants half of the amount up front as a non refundable deposit. This was NOT what we agreed to and so I told him as much. The whole changing the terms and asking for that much money site unseen reeks of a scam. I was hoping if someone could tell me if the folds at the link I sent and/or the apt itself are ligit as in does it really even exist? For all I know there isn't even an apt like that. The rate for those who are curious is $300 per night if you stay two weeks. The rate doesn't bother me but trying to change our pre agreed to terms a few weeks prior to our departure is bad business. I realize the apt is not beach front but it has everything else I am looking for and it is my understanding it is very close to the beach. I wanted a pimped out place to party while in country.

Bubba Boy
07-08-06, 19:18
We were quoted $3500 per month from memory, but then it was in the low season.

The more I stay in Rio the more I find cool apartments for less money. Generally I can get a newly renovated apartment in Ipanema for USD$1500 per month (2BR). I tend to find the agencies that only deal with Gringos tend to ask USD$2500-$3000 pm for an equivalent apartment - but they are more geared towards a week or 2 stay, where as I tend to stay 2 -3 months

Java Man
07-09-06, 17:00
well I was concidering it for my next trip, but the 50% non returnable deposit is a deal killer for me. things happen & I wouldn't want to lose money on top of it.

Bubba Boy:
care to share the contact info for the cool apartments you've found?
thanks

Bubba Boy
07-09-06, 17:55
The 'dream apartment' does exist, whether or not the you will end up in the apartment is another thing. Rio is kind of like the wild west. As far as him changing terms, I would tell him to get f**ked. A deal is a deal. If you give in to someone that lives in Rio, more likely than not you are about to be F**ked.

One agency that does deal with the apartment and is honest is http://www.apartmentsrio.com/system/index.php . Run by Jonny. Maybe you could go through him if you really want it. I would not have a problem giving Jonny a 50% deposit.

As far as finding better cheap apartments, it is just a matter of getting O Globo each Sunday. They have a ton of temporary apartments listed each week. You simply sift through them. You need to be on the ground to do it of course, this isn't a problem for me because I stay with a "friend" the first few weeks each visit and then move to my own place. I tend to find the agencies are small and you really need to find a place, put the cash down and grab it on the spot. Not ideal for everyone but cool for me.

The Watcher
07-09-06, 18:11
[QUOTE=Figures]Couple of days ago Ilan sends me an email saying they are having problems with folks not showing up and he now wants half of the amount up front as a non refundable deposit. This was NOT what we agreed to and so I told him as much. The whole changing the terms and asking for that much money site unseen reeks of a scam. QUOTE]

Under no circumstances should you send Ilan any more money. If it is a scam, you may have already lost $300. And, if it is a scam, you would lose $2100 (7 x 300) if you send more money. As the old saying goes, "don't throw good money after bad".

Insist on your original deal - the worst that can happen is that you lose $300.

My personal advice is to check into a hotel on your first night and go see apartments that you are interested in - that is the only way to insure that you get what you want.

I once paid a deposit by paypal on an apartment with a person that I had rented the same apartment from before. When I arrived, she gave me some story about how the building instituted a new rule that apartments could not be rented to single males. It was total BS - I am sure someone else came along who was willing to pay more the apartment; however, there was nothing I could do. Furthermore, it took two weeks to get my deposit back. Since that experience, I have never paid in advance

Kwmartin
07-09-06, 18:55
The apartment is still listed as being available for the first two weeks in aug.

Bubba Boy
07-10-06, 01:02
Has anyone gotten a decent priced ticket out of Miami to Rio in July? I am seeing nothing but $1300 for a return ticket. Kind of a crazy price.

Gatorman
07-10-06, 01:46
Hello Bubba. I purchased a ticket for July a couple of weeks ago for 750 dollars-which I thought was kind of expensive. I searched a lot of sites before I even found this. I think the July holidays for Brazilians and the problems with Varig have made good prices more rare for July. Prices seemed to be a little better for mid-August and after. I hope Varig finds a way to stay in business so that other airlines have to be more competitive with their rates.

Bubba Boy
07-10-06, 03:02
Appreciate the info, can you tell me where you got it from?

Ardgneas
07-10-06, 23:46
Has anyone gotten a decent priced ticket out of Miami to Rio in July? I am seeing nothing but $1300 for a return ticket. Kind of a crazy price.Mid-July and onwards means the Brazilian holidays and high prices which the uncertainty re Varig isn't helping e.g. I've four flights to/from Brasil this month on AA, one is sold out in coach and business and on the other 3 only full fare coach fares are left. I fly from Europe on AA so can't offer any advice on cheap fares I'm afraid.

Sainter21
07-11-06, 02:04
Hi all,

Hoping to get a little more info from the experienced mongers out there as to where is the best place besides Brazil or Argentina for mongering in South America, taking into account quality, quantity, price, etc?
Based purely on the number of reports it seems it would be Lima. Is this correct?

Cheers.

QuackUp
07-11-06, 02:05
I just finished seeing the Brazilian movie Lower City. I know it's playing only in limited engagements here in the u.s., but the film is pretty good and emphasizes what I tell all the new guys I take down to Brazil. Don't fall in love with a gdp.. In fact never fall in love with a working girl no matter where she is from . I recommend this film.

Ee2002
07-11-06, 11:11
Quackup, Good film, almost made me want to go back to Salvador.Basically about two Brazilian friends who fall for a GDP from a stripjoint/casa in Salvador,Bahia.You can guess the rest when it comes to those situations.Remember bros before hos,LOL.It's in Port with English subtitles.The Brazilian name is Baixa Cidade looks like it came out in 2005.Its an independant film with very limited shows in the U.S.Check the net or local independant theathers for shows.Recommended for all mongers(nude scenes and sex)...

Java Man
07-11-06, 19:43
view trailer and theatre locations at:
www.lowercitymovie.com

Ezinho
07-12-06, 01:03
Has anyone here started to look into Carnival next year (Feb 17-20), in terms of airline tickets, apartments, etc? My visa expires next February, and I would like to make one more trip before it dies, especially since I probably won't be getting another one anytime soon. Checking airfare from SFO, the cheapest I can currently find is about $1150 plus taxes. I've never been to Brasil during Carnival, so I'm not sure if this is too much. To be honest, after reading BubbaBoy's post below, I was expecting it to be higher. I've heard it's smart to book 6 months or so in advance, so that's why I'm starting to look now. Anyone else starting to look into Carnival next year? Any recommended sites with package deals maybe?

Ah, what the hell, it's my 150th post, here's a pic for putting up with all my stupid questions...

Crypton
07-13-06, 14:44
Has anyone here started to look into Carnival next year (Feb 17-20), in terms of airline tickets, apartments, etc? My visa expires next February, and I would like to make one more trip before it dies, especially since I probably won't be getting another one anytime soon. Checking airfare from SFO, the cheapest I can currently find is about $1150 plus taxes. I've never been to Brasil during Carnival, so I'm not sure if this is too much. To be honest, after reading BubbaBoy's post below, I was expecting it to be higher. I've heard it's smart to book 6 months or so in advance, so that's why I'm starting to look now. Anyone else starting to look into Carnival next year? Any recommended sites with package deals maybe?

Ah, what the hell, here's a pic for putting up with all my stupid questions...

Ezinho,

Did you check the Varig website? They have a sale now and may have good prices for February.

Cheers.

Crypton
07-13-06, 14:48
Hi all,

Hoping to get a little more info from the experienced mongers out there as to where is the best place besides Brazil or Argentina for mongering in South America, taking into account quality, quantity, price, etc?
Based purely on the number of reports it seems it would be Lima. Is this correct?

Cheers.

Have you cchecked the Quito thread? If not, you should. It's just amazing. I've never been to Lima but have been to Quito. It'd be hard to beat, IMO.

Carlos Primeros
07-14-06, 13:30
Yesterday O Globo reported that Varig is scaling back their services beginning from 18 July on. flights to Miami, Frankfurt, Copenhagen etc. are suspended.

I really would wait what the auction of Varig will bring. Only the employees union of Varig (VarigLog) is most probably making a bid.

Better fly TAM or some of the US airlines.

Carlos

Brugal8
07-14-06, 15:31
I don't know if this is the right place to post this question but the moderators can put it where it belongs.

Reading the forum over the years I've noticed that brazilian and colombian girls are all over the world, breazilian in particular travel the most since they have more demand (THOSE BUNDAS DRIVE MEN CRAZY)

So far I can say that there is a big brazilian presence in prostitution in the following countries: Spain, Portugal and Switzerland.

Do the mongers know other countries that have a lot of brazilian girls.

Benjoe
07-14-06, 21:05
So far I can say that there is a big brazilian presence in prostitution in the following countries: Spain, Portugal and Switzerland.

Do the mongers know other countries that have a lot of brazilian girls.I can't say "a lot", but I've seen them in the Netherlands, Germany and England. Second-hand knowledge: Mexico, Argentina, Japan and Singapore.

Ezinho
07-14-06, 22:12
Ezinho,

Did you check the Varig website? They have a sale now and may have good prices for February.

Cheers.
Yes, Varig has some very good deals (from LAX), but with the financial problems they have been having, there is no way I would buy a ticket for one of their flights.

Also checked out United, and for some reason, their website says that there are no flights available to Rio! Is this because United is part of Star Alliance with Varig? With these two carriers cutting back/canceling their service, no wonder the airfares are so high right now.

Sainter21: I've spent a little time in Quito and second Crypton's recommendation. If you like the cheap little termas in Centro Rio, you'll love Quito. Only problem is there are no Brasileñas in Ecuador...

Pipe Layer99
07-15-06, 00:28
Fellas,

I've only been to Rio 1x, but I have a buddy who has been every year for the past 3 years. He used blameitonrio4travel everytime and recommended it to me. I used it in Jun 2006 and paid $740 US. (Chicago to Miami to Rio)

On my itinerary I found out they actually booked the ticket through a travel agency in Miami. Here is the POC in Miami.

Renato Escobar
305-670-0800 xt 1126
305-670-5058 FAX
1800-353-2445 Toll Free

Good Luck, Donnie D

Ibiza007
07-16-06, 17:36
Quick note on a news report I saw on Globo,

Tijuca crime info, for one month.

Not sure what month, but is was like this:

Average assaults PER DAY in just Tijuca; ( one barra)

135 PER DAY, 5 per hour, this is just Tijuca, This daily figure was on Globo.

About 50 per hour and about 1350 a day ( my estimate is to multiply by 10, minimum for all of Rio), maybe 20, a shitload of crime, so, My point is , I have never been affected, but It, crime, is a common occurance in RIo, so be careful.

IBZ

Exec Talent
07-17-06, 16:12
If you would like to catch a movie while in Rio, here is a good site for checking what is playing, when and where. Many movies are in English with Portuguese subtitles (LEG) so both you and your favorite girl can enjoy them.

Be advised that some theaters do not take credit cards (Rio Sol Mall for one). Price of admission is R$17.50 per person.

http://www.gc.oglobo.com.br/cinemas/

Exec Talent
07-17-06, 16:18
Rastaman,

I did not make the post which prompted your question, but I will offer my answer.

I was at a Brazilian birthday party last night and they had a Gansta rap video playing which contained a scene depicting a bloody convenience store robbery. After a lot of shooting, Snoop is with a guy who is holding a gun to a another guy's head and asks the audience if he should "do him." I asked them if they could put something else on. I find the glamorization of violence extremely offensive. And, I find Americans who come to Rio bringing that persona offensive. However, I also found the rednecks in L'uomo with their baseball caps on backwards yelling "don't this here meat taste good!" almost as offensive.

Some people do have issues with race. I am not one of them. I do take issue, however, with people who reflect poorly on the US.

Crypton
07-17-06, 16:55
Only problem is there are no Brasileñas in Ecuador...

True - but plenty of Colombianas ;) who are pretty darn nice too.

Where are you now Ezinho? Back in the USA?

El Mujerista
07-19-06, 17:30
To follow on to some earlier discussion in the Rio forum regarding SIM cards in Brazil, when I arrived on Monday I found that my latest Oi! card had expired. One of my first stops was Lojas Americanas in Copacabana, where I purchased a new Oi! SIM card (ask for an Oi! Chip, pronounced "chip-py") for R$20. No passport required, no ID requested whatsoever.

I'd recommend taking the phone with you and having the clerk install the chip in the phone at the store. There is a number that must be called to activate the card, and some dialogue in Portuguese after that. If you're not comfortable with the language, let the clerk make this call for you.

I bought the card just before 5 p.m. The clerk said it would take 24 hours to activate, but by the time I had done two garotas at L'uomo and sat down to dinner, it was up and running.

Happy Hunting,
EM

Bubba Boy
07-19-06, 19:16
Does any one have any decent books written on South America?. Here are a few I am aware of or have read.

A Death in Brazil - Peter Robb, story more about the history of Brasil over the last 20-30 years. Told by a gringo travelling through the north etc.

Marching Powder - Rusty Young & Thomas McFadden, story about Thomas in a South American jail.

Killing Pablo - Mark Bowden, story about the chase and ultimate killing of one of the worlds largest drug exporters. Based in Medellin Columbia.

501 Portuguese Verbs - Barron's Educational Series, inc. The best list of verbs and their conjugations in all tenses. A must for anybody speaking porto.

Eleven Minutes - Paulo Coelho - haven't read yet.
Honeymoon with my brother - Franz Wisner - haven't read yet.

Ee2002
07-19-06, 23:26
Abusado: O Dono do Morro Dona Marta by Caco Barcellos about a drug gang in Rio.All in Portuguese, but good book.

O Doce Veneno do Escorpiao: O Diaria de uma Garota de Programa by Bruna Surfistinha about a GDP in Sao Paulo, again good book but in Portuguese.

Portuguese Grammar by Sonia Althoff, good book.500 verbs is good but you need another book to better explain the verb use at times, especially as it relates to Brazilian portuguese.This book can be bought online through Sonia portuguese.com.

The first two books can be bought at most Brazilian book stores,not sure about Amazon or anything here.

RexG
07-20-06, 04:08
I’ve read a lot of non-fiction books about South and Central America. Some that I would recommend:

Brazilian Adventure by Peter Fleming. Account of an ill-fated 1930’s expedition into the interior of Brazil.

An Innocent in Cuba by David McFadden. Travels through Cuba written by an older Canadian. The chica scene gets frequent coverage although the author [says he] doesn’t partake.

At the Tomb of the Inflatable Pig by John Gimlette. Travels through and history of Paraguay including extensive coverage of Asuncion.

Mi Moto Fidel by Christopher Baker. Motorcycle trip through Cuba. Author casts his seed far and wide (and writes about it).

Chasing Che by ?. Retraces Che’s motorcycle trip through much of South America. (The movie is probably more enjoyable than the book.)

Travels in a Thin Country by Sara Wheeler. Account of her early 90’s trip down the entire length of Chile. Sara would make a great traveling companion.

Odyssey to Ushuaia by Andres Carlstein. New York to Tierra del Fuego by motorcycle.

The Old Patagonian Express by Paul Theroux. Riding the rails from Boston (?) to Patagonia.

Java Man
07-20-06, 23:34
From today's Bloomberg.com

"Brazil's Varig Sold in Auction to Former Cargo Unit (Update2)

July 20 (Bloomberg) -- Varig, Latin America's oldest airline, averted liquidation as its former cargo unit agreed to invest more than $600 million to take over its operating assets and preserve many of the company's 9,500 jobs.

Varig Logistica SA, which was bought this year by a group led by investor Marco Antonio Audi, was the only bidder at the auction supervised by Brazilian bankruptcy court. Varig Log will pay 277 million reais ($128 million) for assets including the company's routes, airport slots and the 80-year-old airline's brand and invest $485 million to maintain service to destinations such as Frankfurt, Aruba and Buenos Aires.

``Varig will be back on its feet in no time,'' Varig Log President Joao Luis Bernes de Souza, told cheering employees after the sale was announced at Varig's Rio de Janeiro headquarters. ``We will make Varig's star shine again,'' he said, referring to the airline's golden star symbol.

The sale paves the way for the carrier's recovery and payment of some of its almost 8 billion reais of debt to employees and creditors including aircraft leasing companies, banks and the Brazilian government. It also benefits consumers, as Varig will continue to compete on some routes with rivals such as TAM SA and Gol Linhas Aereas SA, which have been serving Varig's customers since the bankrupt airline was forced to cut more than half its flights last month, Audi said.

Aviation Benchmark

``We will make this airline the benchmark of civil aviation in Brazil as it once was,'' Audi told reporters at a press conference. Varig was founded by German immigrant Otto Ernest Meyer in early 1927 in Porto Alegre, the capital of Brazil's southernmost state of Rio Grande do Sul, and had become Latin America's biggest airline, before filing for bankruptcy protection last year.

Varig's Chief Executive Officer Marcelo Bottini declined to specify how many aircraft will continue to fly or what routes will be maintained in the short term. Varig is operating with 13 airplanes, down from 58 at the end of 2005, according to court documents.

``Our priority is to increase the number of flights to around 20 in the very short term, but we are still negotiating with the leasing companies, so it's hard to say anything now,'' he said at a press conference.

Audi is one of the investors in Volo do Brasil SA, which controls Varig Log. Audi, Luis Eduardo Gallo and Marcos Haftel are the main investors. Private equity fund MatlinPatterson Global Opportunities Partners LP has a 20 percent stake in Volo do Brasil, which acquired Varig Log early this year for $48 million, said Jose Carlos Mattos, a spokesman for Varig Log.

New Unit

Under a reorganization plan, a new unit will be created to assume debt of the company, whose formal name is Viacao Aerea Rio- Grandense SA. Another new company will be created to integrate Varig's operating assets, according to court documents.

Varig Log is seeking to use 100 million reais of 10-year bonds to cover part of the carrier's debts. Creditors have the option to receive 83 million reais in cash instead of the bonds. Half of the bonds or cash will be paid to workers and the other half to secured and unsecured creditors, court documents said.

Sao Paulo-based Varig Log also agreed to leave real estate assets with the so-called ``old Varig'' and contract some services from that company after the sale of the assets. Varig Log paid $24 million to take part in the auction today."

Kenn
07-21-06, 20:51
www.ebuybrazil.com

I was just called by someone that found this website and asked me if I had anything to do with it.. "I DO NOT" !!!!

This guy copied all the photos from apartments on my website and he is using them to SCAM people into thinking they are for sale.... NONE OF THE APARTMENTS HE LISTED ARE FOR SALE. He even listed one I just bought as being for sale. News to me.....

I checked the website out with (Whois) and as long as it's public information, I have no problem posting his name..
Matt McGuisness
8 N. 1st ST. Alhambra, CA..

Exec Talent
07-21-06, 23:43
this was posted elsewhere and i have permission from the poster to repost it here. what i like about this particular poster is that his posts come from actual experiences.

lessons to be learned:

1). consider any garota not worried about getting her money suspect.
consider any garota not working vm who wants less than
brl$150,00 as suspect and up to no good.

2). dump any garota at the least mention/appearance of drug activity.

3). be careful of garotas working in crews of three or four. they will try to
hustle you in some manner after they know you have fucked their friend.
for example, everytime they see you they will ask for money, or ask you
to buy them a drink if you're sitting at mp or ta. they'll
ask you to pay their way into helpee.

4). train your porteiros not to let anyone up who does not enter the
building with you. also, train them to call you if you have a potential
guest in the lobby.

5). beware because some of these girls will actually stalk you.
you'll be somewhere you had'nt been in a couple of days and
a crazy chick you've had some drama with will show up from out of the blue. for example,
you stop in at an internet shoppe to check your e-mail and some crazy
chick you've had drama with will show up. or, they continually call you on your cell, crying,
telling you that they "love you and want to have your baby".

6). don't deal with the friend(s) of any garota that you've had drama with!

7). if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all this may sound obvious, but over and over again i see guys being unable to shake the first girls (usually unattractive) whose attention they first caught.

Anonymous
07-22-06, 07:28
first hand experience with 5 & 6 below. my first encounter was courtesy of a trip to mp. after spending time together for a few hours back at the apartment, the young lady consistenly called the next three days begging to see me and since my buddy was spending ample time with one of her friends she consistently quizzed him in addition to making me feel a tad uncomfortable in help. fortunately she never made a scene or got out of hand, but i did have my concerns. from there, i became more cautious, selective and after several other women found one that worked out quite well. my first trip was a true learning experience but treating the women with respect goes a long way.

this was posted elsewhere and i have permission from the poster to repost it here. what i like about this particular poster is that his posts come from actual experiences.

lessons to be learned:

1). consider any garota not worried about getting her money suspect. consider any garota not working vm who wants less than brl$150,00 as suspect and up to no good.

2). dump any garota at the least mention / appearance of drug activity.

3). be careful of garotas working in crews of three or four. they will try to hustle you in some manner after they know you have fucked their friend. for example, everytime they see you they will ask for money, or ask you to buy them a drink if you're sitting at mp or ta. they'll ask you to pay their way into helpee.

4). train your porteiros not to let anyone up who does not enter the building with you. also, train them to call you if you have a potential guest in the lobby.

5). beware because some of these girls will actually stalk you. you'll be somewhere you had'nt been in a couple of days and a crazy chick you've had some drama with will show up from out of the blue. for example, you stop in at an internet shoppe to check your e-mail and some crazy chick you've had drama with will show up. or, they continually call you on your cell, crying, telling you that they "love you and want to have your baby".

6). don't deal with the friend(s) of any garota that you've had drama with!

7). if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all this may sound obvious, but over and over again i see guys being unable to shake the first girls (usually unattractive) whose attention they first caught.

Rump Humper
07-23-06, 07:26
Here is a UK company that does overseas mortgages. Dont know yet if they will do one in Brazil.

http://www.mortgagesoverseas.com/

Exec Talent
07-23-06, 14:48
Earlier I posted a warning of sorts to newbies regarding girls they might meet in Rio. It came from someone with firsthand knowledge and contains advice which will help guys avoid many of the hardcore scammers.

But, contrary to what some posters would have you believe, that does not mean you cannot find love in Rio. All you have to do is go to the US Consulate (I wonder how many of the naysayers have ever been there) and talk to married couples applying for visas.

Recently, I was checking in for a flight to Rio and the guy checking me in commented that his wife was from Rio. I asked where and he gave me a knowing look and said Copacabana. I asked how many years he had been married and he said sixteen. Next time I see him I am going to ask him if I can post the story of how he met and married his wife.

I am compiling a list of tips on finding love in Brazil and gladly will send it to anyone who asks. That way the guys who have trouble getting warm looks without paying for them won’t have anything to flame.

Java Man
07-23-06, 19:55
ET:
just how difficult is it for a brazilian to get a US visa? Tourist, fiancee or work?
I've heard of GDP's being able to come to the US legally. I'm just wondering how they get around ALL the requirements.

Bubba Boy
07-24-06, 15:00
It is very difficult for a brasilian to get a visa. They need to show that they have some thing to return to. Ie an apartment (owned), family, studies, preferalbly all 3. It also helps that they have some stamps in their pasport to prove they have visited a country and left within the time frame of their visa. A trip to Europe for a week or so is the best stamp, proves they are genuine tourists and can afford short trips oversees. A trip to Europe for a 3month stay, ie hooking there - is not a plus.

Fiance visa is abit different, the embassy just needs to known the relationship is genuine. Of course the wait can be quite long to get processed. Can be 3 months, can be up to 2 years. Longer than 3 months is the norm - think 12 months.

Almotu
07-27-06, 01:44
Please keep the gay comments to a minimum :-P

I have a general hygiene question. I like to get rid of most of my bushy/long hair around my crotch and a-hole area before my mongering trips. (since I don't get any action here at home, I don't mind the jungle down there) I normally shave using normal everyday shaving gel & razor. I don't go bald but down to male pornstar standards. Things look bigger & everything is cleaner and I have gotten compliments from the chicas. It's great to see a chica take it all in! But shaving is a big pain in the neck takes some time when you are trying not to nick yourself in the balls 8-)

I thought about using those female hair removal products like Nair, etc. Does anyone have any insight on this subject? I don't want a Brazilian bikini wax or anything like that. Just like to be clean and tidy for about two weeks without itchy stubble to entertain the ladies!

Java Man
07-27-06, 02:24
Almotu:
get yourself any beard trimmer with the plastic length guides that are placed over the blades. use that to cut the hair down to size. then get the Finishing Touch hair removal razor to remove any stubble. here's a link for that:

http://www.alltvstuff.com/ft1.html

up to you how much you wanna spend on the beard trimmer.
the Finishing touch is less than $10.
you should be able to find both at a pharmacy.

yes it's great to see a chica to take it all in, they'll spend more time there once the hair is gone. there's no chance of a hair making them gag. Plus it makes the equipment look bigger and nicer. LOL

i let the GF gimme a trim, it's good foreplay too. :D

Bubba Boy
07-27-06, 02:30
Just kidding, why the hell would any one think that because one shaves their nuts and ass that they would be gay? Anyway, waxing is the best option, if you get it done in Rio, and you can in any beauty salon, the chances are if a guy does it he will be gay (why does this always have to revert back to gayness). Be very careful using "Nair" or related product, I have heard of nuts being irritated and turning red, including a burning pain occuring. If you go this route test a little before you go "all out".

My wingman in Rio, who is an avid "sem cabello" kind of guy, always shaves. He has been doing it for years. Most of the people that I know, including the girls, always revert back to shaving as the best option. Must be something in this. May be the best way to go.

The Watcher
07-27-06, 06:57
Almotu:
get yourself any beard trimmer with the plastic length guides that are placed over the blades. use that to cut the hair down to size. then get the Finishing Touch hair removal razor to remove any stubble. here's a link for that:

http://www.alltvstuff.com/ft1.html

up to you how much you wanna spend on the beard trimmer.
the Finishing touch is less than $10.
you should be able to find both at a pharmacy.

I followed your advice - it worked. Thanks.

DJ FourMoney
07-27-06, 11:52
I use standard shaving products and a razor.

I am NOT gay, women just like it clean. Just like we don't like hair in our mouths when we go down, neither do they.

Euro chicks really dig it ;)

Not sure about Latinas...

Please keep the gay comments to a minimum :-P

I have a general hygiene question. I like to get rid of most of my bushy/long hair around my crotch and a-hole area before my mongering trips. (since I don't get any action here at home, I don't mind the jungle down there) I normally shave using normal everyday shaving gel & razor. I don't go bald but down to male pornstar standards. Things look bigger & everything is cleaner and I have gotten compliments from the chicas. It's great to see a chica take it all in! But shaving is a big pain in the neck takes some time when you are trying not to nick yourself in the balls 8-)

I thought about using those female hair removal products like Nair, etc. Does anyone have any insight on this subject? I don't want a Brazilian bikini wax or anything like that. Just like to be clean and tidy for about two weeks without itchy stubble to entertain the ladies!

Rio Bob
07-27-06, 23:19
Anyway, waxing is the best option, if you get it done in Rio, and you can in any beauty salon, .

I never even thought of shaving down there before but once a GDP in Rio who I've known for years mentioned it to me that I should do it and that many guys do. And they're not gay if they are with her I can assure you.

Waxing? Im trying to picture this and how it is done. You walk into a beauty salon that does waxing, most likely a woman does it I hope. I guess you remove all your lower clothes so she can work on the area, ummmmmh this sounds very interesting especially if you have the right waxing operator.

Almotu
07-28-06, 01:12
Shaving it myself always paints a funny picture 8-) Bare-assed and twisted up like a pretzel - hand mirror in one hand & bic shaver in another - just for the sake of cleaniness. ha! ha!

I guess the best option is to get a GDP that you are familiar with to shave you. God knows your life is in her hands though! This would be a nice addition to a termas menu of services.

I have heard about the Nair nightmares as well. When a girl shaves there cooch, what kind of products do they use and how to they get to the a**hole area?

Crypton
07-28-06, 01:27
Waxing? Im trying to picture this and how it is done. You walk into a beauty salon that does waxing, most likely a woman does it I hope. I guess you remove all your lower clothes so she can work on the area, ummmmmh this sounds very interesting especially if you have the right waxing operator.

Plus it hurts like a *****! I am like Almotu - I keep it clean for the mongering trip and well trimmed when home. Once you start shaving the balls, it's hard to let it grow back! I agree that girls generally like it better when it is clean and non-odorous even if they do not say it. I just use a combination of razor and a beard trimmer.

Exec Talent
07-28-06, 01:57
It has become a joke between me and my girl that when we go to Carretao that they will TRY to charge me the gringo price of R$27.90 per person instead of the regular price of R$24.90. So much so, that we made a small wager of R$1 before we went tonight (she insisted on upping it to R$2). Well, guess who is R$2 richer? I finally found a way to make some money on them trying to rip me off for being a gringo.

What is even funnier is that it is one of two of the same managers who presents me the bill each time. Maybe they have a bet that one time I will not catch them.

Exec Talent
07-28-06, 18:14
if anyone is serious about having this done while they are in rio, let me know. i have a massage therapist friend who does bikini waxes for women as well as pubic area waxes for men.*

* provided for informational purposes only. no endorsement of this activity is implied.

Java Man
07-28-06, 19:21
i've seen the GF get the bikini wax. not something I want to do: Put some hot wax on my privates, then having the hairs ripped from my skin! :eek: it takes several applications to get the smooth bald look. I prefer having the GF giving me a trim, much more fun. :D

Zorglub
07-28-06, 19:59
It has become a joke between me and my girl that when we go to Carretao that they will TRY to charge me the gringo price of R$27.90 per person instead of the regular price of R$24.90. So much so, that we made a small wager of R$1 before we went tonight (she insisted on upping it to R$2). Well, guess who is R$2 richer? I finally found a way to make some money on them trying to rip me off for being a gringo.

What is even funnier is that it is one of two of the same managers who presents me the bill each time. Maybe they have a bet that one time I will not catch them.

Are you speakin of Carretao located rua Ronald de Carvalho in copa ?

Exec Talent
07-28-06, 20:23
Are you speakin of Carretao located rua Ronald de Carvalho in copa ?

Yes, that is the one. We actually prefer the one on Rua Siqueira Campos (and don't recall having any Gringo Price issues there), but the one that always tries to overcharge me is on Ronald de Carvalho.

Price is R$24.90 except for Saturday, Sunday and holidays when it is R$27.90. Last night was Thursday and the price was R$27.90 until I pointed out the "mistake," like I have several times before. Apologies offered and the price quickly changed.

Zorglub
07-28-06, 21:29
Yes, that is the one. We actually prefer the one on Rua Siqueira Campos (and don't recall having any Gringo Price issues there), but the one that always tries to overcharge me is on Ronald de Carvalho.

Price is R$24.90 except for Saturday, Sunday and holidays when it is R$27.90. Last night was Thursday and the price was R$27.90 until I pointed out the "mistake," like I have several times before. Apologies offered and the price quickly changed.

Good to know; went there many times and never noticed such a thing.

El Greco
07-30-06, 00:58
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4080037.html

Portraiture
07-30-06, 03:47
Hi all,

Just wanted to report back on a disappointing incident on my recent trip to Rio. By the recommendation of several posts on the board, I decided to stay at the Parthenon hotel in Botafogo, which was very nice and spacious, with two bedrooms complete with kitchen. The area itself was also very nice, filled with locals and nary a tourist in sight, which I much prefer.

Over the course of 5 days I had 7 girls over for 2 hours each. The hotel would send someone up with the girl after calling me to confirm, and handed me a form to sign. There was no mention of guest fees until the second night, where I was warned that a R29.40 fee would be charged if my guest stayed over an hour.

No warnings were given subsequently, but at checkout they had each and every occasion charged on the bill, plus the 1st night they actually charged R39 as the room rates were higher then.

I was a little miffed at this, especially after indications from previous posters that the other Parthenons were girl-friendly. Just a warning to all other guys thinking of staying at the Botafogo Parthenon. If I were doing only termas I would definitely stay there again, but not if I were taking girls back.

Almotu
07-30-06, 18:08
Portraiture,
Sorry about your experience. Thanks for the heads up. I am guessing that you were using the escort website for your 2hr guests. Personally, I have never stayed at a Parthenon in Rio but have been tempted. They all do seem to have modern/up to date facilities. I never have a problem with them with bringing girls back in Sao Paulo.

As with most hotels, if you book the room with double occupancy (usually $R20-$R40 more than the single rate) then you should have not problems. Perhaps you have an overzealous front desk person. Maybe they KNOW your girls were coming from KarlaModels or ScortShow - dressed too slutty? Some hotels frown on a parade of girls being 'delivered' to a guest. If you are booked in as a double then you should have no problem coming into the hotel as a couple (without even having the girl hand over her ID - if you know her well enough that she won't cause you any problems).

At the end of the day, they were charging you an additional $US15 or so?
If the room and service is good, then it would not be a deal breaker for me. Did they provide free in-room internet?

The surprise factor SUCKED big time. Normally, I check my room bill every few days (just in case) so if there are wrong charges on the bill then it can be corrected when things are still fresh in everyone's memory.

Almotu

Almotu
07-30-06, 18:10
Sorry, I forgot to ask you in the previous post.

When were you there (at the Parthenon Botafogo) and how much did you pay per night? You got a suite or standard?

Garota Lover
07-30-06, 20:19
I was wondering if someone knew where to meet the girls I see on ************.com? I've been to Rio, but these girls are not available on the usual places such as Meia Pataca, Help, etc. Does anyone know where these girls work?

Thank you!

Bubba Boy
07-31-06, 01:09
You see some of the Mikeinbrasil girls at the Termas. I have down 5 or so that appear on the mikeinbrasil website in Termas. The problem in locating a specific one is that they tend to come and go and move around a bit.