PDA

View Full Version : Nicaragua Hotels

Admin
01-01-00, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Meat Loaf
03-08-08, 12:49
I've received numerous private messages (PMs) from ISG participants inquiring about Managua hotels. Not that many are available. We have about five or six hotels that I know about and from what I hear, they are not girl-friendly.

I've had this experience personally upon my first visit to Managua last year.

How embarrassing to be turn away at the door with a lady: That's worse than your mom not permitting you to have girls in your bedroom during your high school years.

The auto-motels are usually located in shady neighborhoods. And charge a gringo-tax.

Maybe someone else knows more about Managua hotels than I, but from what I do know-- it aint good.

Besides, who wants to listen to '80s American music all day, everyday, anyway?

DrDewman
03-09-08, 03:11
I had been to Managua 3 times and have stayed at Casa Real $75.00 per night. Not a bad place but the cab drivers had a hard time finding it even with their business card. On driver even told me to get out of the cab as he did not know where it was at. I have also stayed at El Almendro, I did not get the special I have since heard about, with tax it came to $73.00 right around the corner from Casa Real but on a main road and easier to find.

Over Christmas I stayed at Hotel Cristo Rey which I had seen on previous trips walking to Club Fenix from the Metro Centro area. It is right on the Rotonda Santo Domingo. They have 24 hour security although I felt very safe in the area. I do not go out alone late at night or after 10 pm at least.

The rooms are large and very clean, the owner Henry Silva Rosales was a great help and just an excellent host. Henry called taxi's and got me a great rate every time. I went to the airport for less than $5.00.

The standard rooms are $40.00 and the deluxe room is $50.00. The Deluxe room has a microwave and refrigator and an extra chair in the room.

All of the rooms have a digital safe.

Nice clean pool, and breakfast is included and it's only one block from Club Fenix. I am staying there again for 4 nights starting on March 17th.

I like the area, about a 10 minute walk to the Metro Cento, close to the flea market and heading in the right direction to Gloria's as well.

DrDewman
03-09-08, 23:49
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the hotel is very chica friendly. I had 2 girls one night,no charge. My friend had 4 girls one night and no charge for the girls at all.

The telephone number is 270-0112 or 655-7409 cell

email address is: hotelcristoreymga@hotmail.com

Bluefielder
06-07-09, 20:31
I am usually in the Brazil and Thailand forums, but I am headed to Managua in a couple of weeks. I am looking for the best hotel based on these criteria:

1. Closeness to the action (clubs , streets)
2. Medium to low price
3. Chica friendly
4. Safe

Can anyone help?

Dash

Bluefielder
06-07-09, 21:39
I am coming to managua on June 24th. What is the best hotel as far as:

1. Central to the clubs and street action?

2. Chica friendly

3. Inexpensive but clean

DrDewman
06-09-09, 15:38
Hey Cdevins,
I posted quite a review on the Hotel CristoRey which is just a block or so from the Club Fenix. It is also real close to Good Time and not far from Carbean Morena and very close to the Metro Centro mall as well.
Safe in the room as well, the staff is very friendly and helpful as well.

It is not a five star but, girl friendly and pretty clean and I always stay in the back area by the pool so it is pretty quite as well.
Telephone # 011 505 2 270-0112
web site--www.hotelcristorey.com
[email]email--hotelcristoreymga@hotmail.com

Talk with Norma, she is the marketing director, very beautiful and speaks some English, she will take good care of you. The rate is $46.00 per night for us Americans and that includes breakfast and tax.

If you need an English speaking driver, call Michael Peters 011 505 8 851-8104 very dependable and will pick you up from the airport and take you to the hotel for $10.00

I have been to Nicaragua at least 10 times and will be back on July 3rd if you are still around.
drdewman

Nica Bound
06-12-09, 03:21
Dr. Dew is giving good advice here. Stayed there one night and it was as described. Place is kinda fortified looking...urban survival style. And the marketing gal is cute, we need someone to TOFT with her !

Bluefielder
06-15-09, 20:00
This is excellent, thanks Drew

Hey Cdevins,

I posted quite a review on the Hotel CristoRey which is just a block or so from the Club Fenix. It is also real close to Good Time and not far from Carbean Morena and very close to the Metro Centro mall as well.

It is not a five star but, girl friendly and pretty clean and I always stay in the back area by the pool so it is pretty quite as well.

Talk with Norma, she is the marketing director, very beautiful and speaks some English, she will take good care of you. The rate is $46.00 per night for us Americans and that includes breakfast and tax.

If you need an English speaking driver, call Michael Peters 011 505 8 851-8104 very dependable and will pick you up from the airport and take you to the hotel for $10.00

I have been to Nicaragua at least 10 times and will be back on July 3rd if you are still around.

drdewman

Bluefielder
06-16-09, 02:38
I will be in Managua from July 8 to the 15th. If anyone can assist in facilitating a good time with las chicas, let me know.

Dr. Dew is giving good advice here. Stayed there one night and it was as described. Place is kinda fortified looking...urban survival style. And the marketing gal is cute, we need someone to TOFT with her !

DrDewman
06-16-09, 05:06
Great job Admin, breaking it up, so that anybody can find the information they need and not have to search through pages and pages of old post.
I for one am very pleased with the new look and hope it helps everyone find information quicker.

drdewman

Bluefielder
10-24-09, 04:27
I am heading back to Managua soon.

I will post the dates when I know them. Fun, fun fun!

Skyguy

Victorn
01-19-10, 04:33
I once stayed at a small hotel which seems quite secure as all guest cars are parked inside gated parking lot.

It has a swimming pool next to a bar.

The innovation: sex workers are selected to attend the bar and provide for a fee sexual services to hotel guest/

The name: Hotelito

Meat Loaf
01-19-10, 12:25
I once stayed at a small hotel which seems quite secure as all guest cars are parked inside gated parking lot.

It has a swimming pool next to a bar.

The innovation: sex workers are selected to attend the bar and provide for a fee sexual services to hotel guest/

The name: Hotelito

Do they simply add the price into the bill before you make reservations or when pad the bill when you check-out?

Victorn
01-19-10, 23:16
Do they simply add the price into the bill before you make reservations or when pad the bill when you check-out?No, as it is an OPTION not a must, you are on your own to negotiate the fee for services rendered with the sex worker .

The time I took advantage of this service , there were 2 or 3 girls , Nicas, working the bar as clients not as employees.

I mentioned my wishes to the bar attendant ( employee ) and forthwith 2 girls joined me to find out how long I wanted their services and how much I was prepared to pay. A pleasant feature as I did not have to get out of the hotel and look for some girls.

I discovered they were Nicas intending to travel to Guatemala or El Salvador to earn more money than in their own country.

Very pleasant and agreeable.

No, it is not an invention of my imagination; ask any taxi driver ; the hotel is secure but on a high traffic avenue a little bit run down.

A secret I kept for myself for 3 years not wanting to get it spoiled but now the secret is out in the gringo community.

Meat Loaf
01-20-10, 14:01
I discovered they were Nicas intending to travel to Guatemala or El Salvador to earn more money than in their own country.

A secret I kept for myself for 3 years not wanting to get it spoiled but now the secret is out in the gringo community.

They "dream" of selling p*ssy in Guatemala or Costa Rica.

You've been here for three (3) years reading Meat Loaf posts and have not purchase ISG Senior Membership. That's not cool. Pay Jackson although we are grateful for your postings.

I aint no fun if Gringos in the USA can't fly here and steal / f*ck the girls that you financially support on a daily basis. LOL.

Meat Loaf
02-19-10, 21:39
For those with yachts:

http://www.marinapuestadelsol.com/fotos.html

Meat Loaf
02-22-10, 18:19
This location reminded me of my years in the USA-university and Yuppie-America. Lots of white boys and girls drinking, smoking herb, and appearing as if their parents still support them. In the mix were a few old-timers.

This locale is owned by some Dutch people and the lady looks good. She didn´t like hearing about her patrons smoking dope outside of the premises and commented that a marijuana cigarette carries the same incarceration penalty as a kilo of Colombia´s Finest.

Across the street is the Big Foot Hostel so lots of backpackers are present on this block.

Every Friday night, Via Via has a live concert.

Meat Loaf
02-22-10, 18:42
if you are my peer then you should stay at the perla hotel.

http://www.laperlaleon.com/inicio.html

Meat Loaf
03-11-10, 14:22
The nicest hotel in town is the Victorian Hotel located at the entrance to the marina. This hotel is located on the beachfront and is nice. They have about 15 rooms and charge US $115 per night.

BluntForceTrauma
03-11-10, 14:42
http://www.hotelencantodelsur.co.cc/

Somatize
03-30-10, 17:47
Is this hotel quiet at night?

When I stay at Hotel Confort I can never sleep.

It is next to a night club that plays music streamly loud.

Hey Cdevins,

Web site-www.Hotelcristorey. Com

[email]email-hotelcristoreymgaathotmail.com

Talk with Norma, she is the marketing director, very beautiful and speaks some English, she will take good care of you. The rate is $46. 00 per night for us Americans and that includes breakfast and tax.

If you need an English speaking driver, call Michael Peters 011 505 8 851-8104 very dependable and will pick you up from the airport and take you to the hotel for $10. 00

Drdewman

Meat Loaf
03-31-10, 13:26
Throughout the entire country one should only pay "2 Baras" (ie. C $200) for a nice hotel room with shower, firm bed, cable television, and 24-hour access. With aire conditioning the vale is "3 Baras."

When you meet a taxi driver tell him, "Necesito un hotel que vale 2 Baras. Y nada feo o en el sector calientote."

Throughout the entire country the taxi driver will take you to a hotel that cost "2 Baras."

Spanish-speaking ability will tremendously aide and protect you for the "set up." Also, it will not be in a commercial area or maybe it will.

For Meat Loaf it doesn't matter: I always pay "2 Baras" for a hotel room anywhere in the country.

I'm Meat Loaf!

Victorn
03-31-10, 16:37
Hi Meat Loaf

It's been some time since checking the responses to my posting here on Nicaragua.

My contributions to the ISG are so well looked for that some fellow in the Dominican Republic wanted to pm for FACTS on a chica friendly hotel in Puerto Plata. My postings DO increase readership.

I DID pay my contribution under a different posting name back in the year 2003 and used to be a SENIOR contributor but for SIX years I was busy at work and never came to this forum.

I am back under my present name and in the span of less than 6 months have contributed solid facts for mongers in Central America and the Caribbean.

You've been here for three (3) years reading Meat Loaf posts and have not purchase ISG Senior Membership. That's not cool. Pay Jackson although we are grateful for your postings.

Victorn
03-31-10, 16:44
hi meat loaf,

not all north americans are ceos; in fact, the great majority of gringos in nicaragua are not.

la perla is expensive: more than 70 bucks a day; enough to pay lodging for a week in leon in other places like hotel america.

you can rent a furnished apt in leon with internet access for less than 300 bucks a month.

if you are my peer then you should stay at the perla hotel.

http://www.laperlaleon.com/inicio.html

BluntForceTrauma
03-31-10, 18:26
Casa de Huespedes Santos

Big private room, big bed, private bath, cable TV, .50cents an hour for fast internet, huge lobby area, 7 bucks a night. Direccion: Tica bus, 1 cuadra al lago, 1.5 abajo.

Best thing going is that it is a stones throw away from club 27 de Mayo.

Public pools are nothing more than big toilets: PISScinas. You know you always do, so do I, and so does everyone else.

Meat Loaf
04-01-10, 09:30
Hi Meat Loaf

It's been some time since checking the responses to my posting here on Nicaragua.

My contributions to the ISG are so well looked for that some fellow in the Dominican Republic wanted to pm for FACTS on a chica friendly hotel in Puerto Plata. My postings DO increase readership.

I DID pay my contribution under a different posting name back in the year 2003 and used to be a SENIOR contributor but for SIX years I was busy at work and never came to this forum.

I am back under my present name and in the span of less than 6 months have contributed solid facts for mongers in Central America and the Caribbean.

Victorn,

Yes, you are a valuable contributor.

You sound like an American Woman in saying that, "I've been too busy at work to get piece of d*ck or give my husband / boyfriend / baby daddy / any male a piece of p*ssy." I know that a veteran monger like yourself was not "beating your meat" for six months due to occupational efforts.

Thanks Victorn: Eres Tuani.

Tonytouch22
04-05-10, 06:16
Casa de Huespedes Santos

Big private room, big bed, private bath, cable TV, .50cents an hour for fast internet, huge lobby area, 7 bucks a night. Direccion: Tica bus, 1 cuadra al lago, 1.5 abajo.

Best thing going is that it is a stones throw away from club 27 de Mayo.

Public pools are nothing more than big toilets: PISScinas. You know you always do, so do I, and so does everyone else.Site says $8, thats what I'm talkin about! Do you know if they are girl friendly? What should a taxi cost to make rounds to the local hotspots?

BluntForceTrauma
04-05-10, 22:21
Daytime, ain't no Managua Nica paying more than 50 $Corbobas from far east to far west in the city. Nighttime, prices rise, especially for location. The honest cabbies drive honest hours, then go home to eat and sleep with the family. Who in the hell wantsa drive at 3 in the morning? At that time, you better be armed and be with friend. Get a grey-haired cabby, just tell the others 'no'.

Don't be a gringo here. Wear pants, carry no water bottle, don't smile.

BluntForceTrauma
04-05-10, 22:35
Never stayed there myself.

Butt used to stay across the street years and years ago for cacahuate.

However, whatever they may charge for an extra chica is 2x, likely 1x2 or less.

Listen pal, in all my travels, especially if going by Ticabus, this is the place you wanna rest.

27 de Mayo will do you well sin taxista. After 9:00pm or so they open.

During the day, give me a hoot. Buy me a beer. Known this place since '85, "kaboom boom blast pah pah pah screams". I'm real close to Santos.

BFT out

Meat Loaf
04-07-10, 14:37
Daytime, ain't no Managua Nica paying more than 50 $Corbobas from far east to far west in the city. Nighttime, prices rise, especially for location. The honest cabbies drive honest hours, then go home to eat and sleep with the family. Who in the hell wantsa drive at 3 in the morning? At that time, you better be armed and be with friend. Get a grey-haired cabby, just tell the others 'no'.

Don't be a gringo here. Wear pants, carry no water bottle, don't smile.

Taxi fares from Carr. Norte to Carr. Sur at night can be C$ 150.

Don't be no Gringo if you choose not to get assaulted by the populace.

Taxi cabs run on 2 shifts for 12-hours. The drivers makes C$150 per day in salary. Hence, robbing your Gringo-a*s is a promotion.

Good Advice "Blunt Force Trama."

Tonytouch22
04-08-10, 05:06
Thanks for the report fellas. I'm not new to central america, and have learned a lot from my experiences.

I'll be up next week, if there is anything/anyone I shouldn't miss, let me know.

Meat Loaf
05-01-10, 14:42
A few days ago, a political group set their sights on foreigners.

They stormed into the hotel; they threw rocks into the hotel room windows; they shot grenades at the hotel; and they destroyed the lobby of a 5-star international hotel.

The hotel they attacked is located immediately next to MetroCentro mall.

Foreigners were scared: Foreigners stay at 5-star hotels to avoid violence, but the violence came looking for them.

Yesterday, I witnessed about 15 police officers standing guard in-front of the hotel as to protect the patrons and prevent more "playto."

Word on the street by we locals is entertaining: Media discourse interpreted by foreigners is scary and fearful.

Lesson to Learn: Nicaraguans don't care nor think about building a pretty image as to attract foreigner tourists and / or investors. This is why this incident at a 5-star hotel is funny and entertainment for we locals.

Iddfs
05-02-10, 06:39
A few days ago, a political group set their sights on foreigners.

They stormed into the hotel; they threw rocks into the hotel room windows; they shot grenades at the hotel; and they destroyed the lobby of a 5-star international hotel.

The hotel they attacked is located immediately next to MetroCentro mall.

Foreigners were scared: Foreigners stay at 5-star hotels to avoid violence, but the violence came looking for them.

Yesterday, I witnessed about 15 police officers standing guard in-front of the hotel as to protect the patrons and prevent more "playto."

Word on the street by we locals is entertaining: Media discourse interpreted by foreigners is scary and fearful.

Lesson to Learn: Nicaraguans don't care nor think about building a pretty image as to attract foreigner tourists and / or investors. This is why this incident at a 5-star hotel is funny and entertainment for we locals.I thought the fighting was at the Holiday Inn. Close to the UCA.

Also, the hotel next to Metrocentro is the Intercontinental Metrocentro. The Hilton is a couple of blocks south of Metrocentro on the Carretera Masaya.

BluntForceTrauma
05-04-10, 08:24
Yeah, the Hitler, ...I mean Sandinista Youth were out in force last week, going around singing their carols. Besides Los Robles where they held in terror 20 or so politicos, they were throwing rocks all day and destroyed 4 cars. Cops in cahoots. Then Holiday Inn was harassed, Carretera Masaya near MetroCentro was harassed, next day it was down near Pricesmart/Bolonia.

Just a buncha happy kids, too young to have ever had a bullit fly over their heads. These are no Sandinistas, these are punks who will be robbing you next chance they get.

Meat Loaf
05-04-10, 09:29
I, Meat Loaf, want to commend ISG Regular Member, "Iddfs," for his knowledge of Nicaragua and staying on top of the events that occur here!

I don't know if he acquires his information from the online newspaper or where, but he stay current everyday.

"Iddfs," has been an ISG Regular Member since 2007, but has never paid Jackson his US $20. "Iddfs," has posted seven (7) superb postings since year 2007.

Why don't you pay Jackson his US $20 so I can induct you into the "Managua Mongering Hall of Fame?"

I cannot reward you and give you your well-deserve praise and admiration if you are an ISG Regular Member which equates to being a leech / mamon.

Pay Jackson his US $20 and I can induct you: ISG Senior Members would love to PM you for information, guidance, and association.

No mas chupe, por fas.

Noguera
05-05-10, 21:27
I have held my tongue long enough. If you are going to wax eloquently about how much you know about Nicaragua and show everyone what an “insider” you are …… then get your facts straight! Don’t give us all your 2nd hand BS … I was smack dab in the middle of this turba (Spanish for riot or demonstration).

The protest/demonstration/riot was at the Holiday Inn on Tuesday afternoon, and I was right in the very middle of it. Not by my choice, but by accident. I was trying to drive back to the Holiday Inn but the street was closed by the police. I wove my way through the barrios and came out just across the street from the Holiday Inn. There were riot police everywhere and people down the street shouting, throwing rocks and bottles, and using their morteros (super bottle rockets). I got out of my car to see what was going on and the next second the people around me started throwing rocks at the police and even hit a police car. Well … needless to say, I moved down the street on foot out of the melee and left my car. A few minute later the police let me drive through their police-line into the parking lot of the Holiday Inn.

Look guys, I was there. I saw this first hand. I saw the faces of these protestors. People not 5’ away from me were throwing the rocks and protesting. These were not street punks and thugs. This had nothing whatsoever to do with these people robbing you in the barrios. These were Ortega’s thugs being paid 50 Cordobas each to protest. There was no damage to the Holiday Inn and no tourists were leaving out of fear. No political group set their sights on foreigners. The hotel was not stormed. No rocks were thrown through hotel windows. And there was no damage whatsoever to the lobby of a 5-star hotel. Within an hour everything was back to normal and the good citizens of Managua were going on about their lives as normal. The only real problem was moving around the city as every few hours different streets were shut down by the police due to these bands of political hooligans. This is just the way Nicaragua can be. Not every day. Not even most days. But … some days! This had nothing to do with crime in the barrios, and even less to do with sex and chasing women (which I think used to be the point of ISG!). This had nothing to do with 200 years of discrimination against blacks in America. It was all about Nicaragua’s Supreme Court Justices and Ortega/Sandinistas throwing a temper tantrum because they did not get what they wanted.

Guys … get back to the point … brothels, women, night clubs, strippers, and chasing women in Nicaragua!

Meat Loaf
05-06-10, 09:59
I have held my tongue long enough. If you are going to wax eloquently about how much you know about Nicaragua and show everyone what an “insider” you are …… then get your facts straight! Don’t give us all your 2nd hand BS … I was smack dab in the middle of this turba (Spanish for riot or demonstration).

The protest/demonstration/riot was at the Holiday Inn on Tuesday afternoon, and I was right in the very middle of it. Not by my choice, but by accident. I was trying to drive back to the Holiday Inn but the street was closed by the police. I wove my way through the barrios and came out just across the street from the Holiday Inn. There were riot police everywhere and people down the street shouting, throwing rocks and bottles, and using their morteros (super bottle rockets). I got out of my car to see what was going on and the next second the people around me started throwing rocks at the police and even hit a police car. Well … needless to say, I moved down the street on foot out of the melee and left my car. A few minute later the police let me drive through their police-line into the parking lot of the Holiday Inn.

Look guys, I was there. I saw this first hand. I saw the faces of these protestors. People not 5’ away from me were throwing the rocks and protesting. These were not street punks and thugs. This had nothing whatsoever to do with these people robbing you in the barrios. These were Ortega’s thugs being paid 50 Cordobas each to protest. There was no damage to the Holiday Inn and no tourists were leaving out of fear. No political group set their sights on foreigners. The hotel was not stormed. No rocks were thrown through hotel windows. And there was no damage whatsoever to the lobby of a 5-star hotel. Within an hour everything was back to normal and the good citizens of Managua were going on about their lives as normal. The only real problem was moving around the city as every few hours different streets were shut down by the police due to these bands of political hooligans. This is just the way Nicaragua can be. Not every day. Not even most days. But … some days! This had nothing to do with crime in the barrios, and even less to do with sex and chasing women (which I think used to be the point of ISG!). This had nothing to do with 200 years of discrimination against blacks in America. It was all about Nicaragua’s Supreme Court Justices and Ortega/Sandinistas throwing a temper tantrum because they did not get what they wanted.

Guys … get back to the point … brothels, women, night clubs, strippers, and chasing women in Nicaragua!

1. Whatever hotel is unimportant to me. Thanks for the brand clarification.

2. News cameras showed the lobby in disarray.

3. Police in riot gear at a Holiday Inn should make a tourist feel comfortable?

4. "Protesters" throwing rocks, bottles, and morteros (ie. large bottle rockets) at a Holiday Inn should make a tourist feel comfortable?

5. Political "protesters" throwing rocks, bottles, and morteros at a Holiday Inn should make a tourist feel comfortable?

6. Non-thugs, crime in the barrios, and street punks not the culprits: The culprits being paid protesters over a political action in the Supreme Court should make a tourist feel comfortable? If a Holiday Inn hotel is the location where "hired political protesters" organize to throw rocks, bottles, and morteros and police officers in riot gear should make a tourist feel comfortable? What would happen with the thugs, street punks, crime in the barrios?

In summary, "Noguera" validated earlier post and even strengthened the advisory. If this is how they behave at a Holiday Inn which is an international hotel then where is a tourist safe?

Please write more posts "Noguera."

The Dirty Pirate
07-03-10, 05:08
What is the nicest hotel that allows guests in Managua?

Macho Dik
07-07-10, 18:11
Hey Cdevins,

drdewman

Hey Mate,

is Hotel Intercontinental or hotel hilton pricess are good selections aside from the hotel cristo rey, since I am in managua for business and I prefer to stay some good name hotel to prevent counterpart questioning my intend to Managua. also is the said 2 hotel also close to club fenix and good time? are they girl friendly?

Hope to hear from you at the soonest, as I am arriving this weekend.

Cheers,

MD

The Dirty Pirate
07-08-10, 16:00
I've stayed at Cristo Rey it's not so bad but the others much nicer. If you don't want any chicas for the night, you might as well opt for the nicer hotel. Fenix is close to Cristo Rey (1 block) and you can have chicas for the night. When I stayed I was the only guest in the hotel, one morning the maid seen me and asked if I wanted huevos and made me some, that was cool. I also know Michael Peters, he's a cool guy and a reliable taxi, with perfect English if your Espanol isn't so hot or you don't feel comfortable with shared taxi rides.

Ttriumph48
10-14-10, 03:31
Gentlemen, I am off to Nicaragua for the first time. "cherry boy". I wish to buy cigars, find good rum, and conduct auditions for that all important GFE.

Can you help a brother out. Also, any advice on the action in the beach areas both east and west coasts.

Thanks again

The Dirty Pirate
10-20-10, 06:06
Flor de Caña 7 year, enough said.

Grand Pollo
10-23-10, 00:05
Hey Mate,

is Hotel Intercontinental or hotel hilton pricess ......also is the said 2 hotel also close to club fenix and good time? are they girl friendly?

MD

On foot, no , by taxi yes

and no.

Grand Pollo
10-23-10, 00:06
Flor de Caña 7 year, enough said.

If that is all you can afford. The 18 year old is so far above 7 y/o it is impossible to describe.

Mike P Psych
10-29-10, 02:47
Hey Cdevins,

drdewmanI have been staying at the Hotel Cristo Rey for a week - my first trip to Managua - I agree with everything said my DrDewman about the place - it is great and all the staff are very helpful - I shall return - and soon!

John Gault
11-15-10, 20:34
Hotel Yolaina
Sorry I origianly posted this in the Managua section, and then relized it belongs here.
Free breakfast, hot water,free laundry, wireless internet, airconditioner. Large pool, total girl friendly and a bar area also.
This hotel was just built recently.

The service is great The hotel manager ( He speaks perfect English ) could take you where you need to go and out to clubs and bars around town and out of the city..... also airport pickup.

hotelyolaina.com

Ready Ru
12-17-10, 17:27
I stayed 3 nights in May, at the Hotelito Kelly in Managua. Not sure where it is, but everyone seemed to know about it. Had a decent pool and bar area with actualy very good food. Don't expect any towels, but the room was clean with hot water and A / C. Had a hot 22 year old Nica with me so I didn't leave the hotel much. The lady at the front desk was somewhat of a *****. My friend had stayed there amonth earlier and said the same thing. Overall a good stay at 35. 00 a night. I think I still have a phone # for the hotel if anyone needs it.

Sunset Strip
12-30-10, 05:36
Anybody have any information on the Hotel Casa Pilar?

Thanks.

SS

Shamester
12-30-10, 19:04
I have been staying at the Hotel Cristo Rey for a week - my first trip to Managua - I agree with everything said my DrDewman about the place - it is great and all the staff are very helpful - I shall return - and soon!Do they take credit cards?

Artisttyp
12-30-10, 20:15
Anybody have any information on the Hotel Casa Pilar?

Thanks.

SSI think I've emailed them before. Rooms go for around $30 if I remember correctly.

Sunset Strip
12-30-10, 20:49
I think I've emailed them before. Rooms go for around $30 if I remember correctly.Where do you stay when down there?

It seems most guys stay at the Cristo Rey.

thanks
SS

Artisttyp
12-30-10, 21:54
Where do you stay when down there?

It seems most guys stay at the Cristo Rey.

Thanks.

SSI've never been down there but I've researched it a few times. Yes the Cristo Rey seems to be a good choice because it is in walking distance of some clubs.

It seems to me like managua is the kind of place where you need to be there to see what works for you. The situation in san salvador was very similar. Since everything is so spread out you need to figure out what you want to be close to.

I'd start with the Cristo Rey for a few days. Can't go wrong with a recommendation like that.

Sunset Strip
12-31-10, 06:06
Artisttyp,

I will do that. And I will post my experience here.

By the way, I was in Tijuana again last week. Had a good time there. I am trying to branch out into more areas of Latin America this year.

SS

Shamester
01-01-11, 20:04
No, as it is an OPTION not a must, you are on your own to negotiate the fee for services rendered with the sex worker.

The time I took advantage of this service, there were 2 or 3 girls, Nicas, working the bar as clients not as employees.

I mentioned my wishes to the bar attendant (employee) and forthwith 2 girls joined me to find out how long I wanted their services and how much I was prepared to pay. A pleasant feature as I did not have to get out of the hotel and look for some girls.

No, it is not an invention of my imagination; ask any taxi driver; the hotel is secure but on a high traffic avenue a little bit run down.

A secret I kept for myself for 3 years not wanting to get it spoiled but now the secret is out in the gringo community. Anyone with updated information on this hotel? How much for the chicas? Quality of the chicas?

Thank you.

Shamester
01-01-11, 20:07
No, as it is an OPTION not a must, you are on your own to negotiate the fee for services rendered with the sex worker.

The time I took advantage of this service, there were 2 or 3 girls, Nicas, working the bar as clients not as employees.

I mentioned my wishes to the bar attendant (employee) and forthwith 2 girls joined me to find out how long I wanted their services and how much I was prepared to pay. A pleasant feature as I did not have to get out of the hotel and look for some girls.

No, it is not an invention of my imagination; ask any taxi driver; the hotel is secure but on a high traffic avenue a little bit run down.

A secret I kept for myself for 3 years not wanting to get it spoiled but now the secret is out in the gringo community. Meant to quote this post. Legit? What are the prices and quality of chicas?

Shamester
01-01-11, 20:13
I stayed 3 nights in May, at the Hotelito Kelly in Managua. Not sure where it is, but everyone seemed to know about it. Had a decent pool and bar area with actualy very good food. Don't expect any towels, but the room was clean with hot water and A / C. Had a hot 22 year old Nica with me so I didn't leave the hotel much. The lady at the front desk was somewhat of a *****. My friend had stayed there amonth earlier and said the same thing. Overall a good stay at 35. 00 a night. I think I still have a phone # for the hotel if anyone needs it.Is this the same place with freelancers working at the bar as mentioned in previous posts? Please provide location and address.

Shamester
01-01-11, 20:26
Is this the correct telephone and address? Are the freelancers still hanging out at the bar?

Telephone: 505 2 2783715.

Address: CC Managua Fte Ppal Entr

Ready Ru
01-04-11, 15:13
Is this the correct telephone and address? Are the freelancers still hanging out at the bar?

Telephone: 505 2 2783715.

Address: CC Managua Fte Ppal Entrcan't seem to find the info from last trip. I remmember looking it up on the internet before I left last time. I don't recall any freelancers at the bar, but I was there during the week and not on the weekend. Except for sitting by the pool one afternoon, I spent almost all three days in room with chica. At $35, I had one of the best rooms up stairs. At first I was offered a smaller room at $25 a night. Felt too much like being in a little box for me. Probably should have taken it. Like I said, spent most of the time in bed anyway!

Shamester
03-13-11, 02:42
http://www.hoteldlido.com/english.html

Chinchuliar
03-15-11, 10:45
http://www.hoteldlido.com/english.htmlD'Lido's not that great, but an on / off girlfriend barged in there drunk at 3am once and demanded to be taken to my room. They didn't bat an eyelid.

Beerdrinker
03-15-11, 19:05
I'm traveling alone, and I've never been to managua. How much is it to stay at the cristo rey? Is this where I should stay? Is it guest friendly? How far is it from the discos?

Shamester
03-16-11, 00:07
I'm traveling alone, and I've never been to managua. How much is it to stay at the cristo rey? Is this where I should stay? Is it guest friendly? How far is it from the discos?$46 / night. What are your travel dates?

Shamester
03-16-11, 00:13
D'Lido's not that great, but an on / off girlfriend barged in there drunk at 3am once and demanded to be taken to my room. They didn't bat an eyelid.Thats too bad. I have the following questions:

1. How is hotel security?

2. Is the hotel located in a decent neighborhood safe for walking around?

3. How convienent is the hotel to other attractions.

4. How far is it from Fenix?

Beerdrinker
03-16-11, 01:02
I'm heading to managua next week. You have stayed at the cristo rey before? How far is it from the action? Is it guest friendly?

Shamester
03-16-11, 19:03
I'm heading to managua next week. You have stayed at the cristo rey before? How far is it from the action? Is it guest friendly?Please set-up your private messages by paying for a membership.

Beerdrinker
03-16-11, 19:45
Why can't you answer the questions in a public forum? I don't want my credit card billed and tracked by a sex website.

===============================================

Hi Beerdrinker,

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "I don't want my credit card billed and tracked by a sex website"?

If you mean is there any danger that your credit card data might be stolen, then I can tell you that both the shopping cart service and the credit card service I use to process the credit card transactions are both conducted on secure, encrypted websites, so your credit card information is secure.

If you mean is there any danger that your credit card statement will show that you've purchased a membership to this forum, then I can tell you that the credit card charge will be made under another name (which I won't write here because I don't want it being found by search engines) that looks like it's a contribution to a charity.

If you mean is there any danger that a law enforcement agency might force me to divulge your forum username, then the answer is no because I delete the shopping cart transaction data every few days, and that's the only connection between your credit card charge and your username. In other words, the credit card charge doesn't include your username, only the shopping cart database has this info, and I have total control over the shopping cart's database.

In addition, the forum's servers are located in Montreal, Canada, safely outside the USA legal system.

If you mean is there a possibility that I will take your money and dissapear, then then answer is no. This has been a membership website for several years, and nobody here has ever reported a single problem with using their credit card to purchase a subscription. Believe me, if there had ever been a problem, it would have been reported it here.

Thanks,

Jackson

PS: There is also an option to purchase a subscription by mail using cash.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/subscriptions.php?#subscriptionbymail

Grand Pollo
03-17-11, 01:53
Why can't you answer the questions in a public forum? I don't want my credit card billed and tracked by a sex website.What nonsense and a ridiculous thing to worry about. Non full members usually boil down to people not wanting to spend twelve bucks.

Chinchuliar
03-17-11, 10:12
Thats too bad. I have the following questions:

1. How is hotel security?

2. Is the hotel located in a decent neighborhood safe for walking around?

3. How convienent is the hotel to other attractions.

4. How far is it from Fenix? 1: Fine.

2: As safe as anywhere.

3: It's slightly, but not hopelessly, out of the way from the "other attractions" (whatever they may be).

4: I've never been to Fenix and can't picture where it is, I'm afraid.

Grand Pollo
03-18-11, 01:15
1: Fine.

2: As safe as anywhere.

3: It's slightly, but not hopelessly, out of the way from the "other attractions" (whatever they may be).

4: I've never been to Fenix and can't picture where it is, I'm afraid. It is not close to Fenix. Cristo Rey is, apparently. D'Lido is in Altagracia near the old US Embassy which is close to the Lottery Office. Fenix is in the Rotonda Santo Domingo so it is close to Metrocentro and allegedly this Cristo Rey place which some people think is OK.

Since walking is out of the question the distance is not much of a factor. Spanish and a good taxi are.

Beerdrinker
03-19-11, 03:28
I have called the Cristo Rey Hotel at all different times on many different days. And they never answer the phone. I emailed them (they have 3 websites listed on their website). Two of the emails are non-existant. The third one works. But they don't repsond. I emailed them twice almost a week ago. And I still haven't got a response. Any advice friends?

Grand Pollo
03-20-11, 21:37
Any advice friends?Stay at a different hotel.

Ready Ru
03-20-11, 22:54
Stay at a different hotel.It might say something about the service there, LOL

Golfinho
03-20-11, 23:38
I have called the Cristo Rey Hotel at all different times on many different days. And they never answer the phone. I emailed them (they have 3 websites listed on their website). Two of the emails are non-existant. The third one works. But they don't repsond. I emailed them twice almost a week ago. And I still haven't got a response. Any advice friends?If you want to stay there because you think you can walk to the Fenix, then good luck. You will get mugged. I've seen it happen. Last spring, to a _SG member.

Beerdrinker
03-21-11, 01:07
Very true. Thanks. But where should I stay then? Center of action. Walking distance to bars and discos. And chica friendly?

Ready Ru
03-21-11, 12:51
Very true. Thanks. But where should I stay then? Center of action. Walking distance to bars and discos. And chica friendly?Already gave you the info. Isn't anywhere close enought to stay in walking distance. If traveling alone, take a cab. Find cabbie at airport that speaks english and keep his. Managua is spread out, dirty and very sketchy in places. You can turn a corner and be in the worst getto ever. Lot of people living in that enviroment can be jelous very quickly of a "deep pocketed gringo". I once took a drunken stroll in neiborhood across from the Holiday Inn, Bad frickin Idea! Fortunately I can defend my self. Managua has no real parke central. Therefore no central gathering area.

Golfinho
03-21-11, 13:21
Already gave you the info. Isn't anywhere close enought to stay in walking distance. If traveling alone, take a cab. Find cabbie at airport that speaks english and keep his. Managua is spread out, dirty and very sketchy in places. You can turn a corner and be in the worst getto ever. Lot of people living in that enviroment can be jelous very quickly of a "deep pocketed gringo". I once took a drunken stroll in neiborhood across from the Holiday Inn, Bad frickin Idea! Fortunately I can defend my self. Managua has no real parke central. Therefore no central gathering area.No matter how you try to describe Managua, nothing can prepare someone for how bad it really is. Everyone except a complete fool is going to realize instantly this is the furthest thing from a nice place to be.

BluntForceTrauma
03-21-11, 14:14
Managua is spread out, dirty and very sketchy in places. You can turn a corner and be in the worst getto ever. I once took a drunken stroll in neiborhood across from the Holiday Inn.Once dated one of the hottest 95 pound Nicas from Matagalpa who lived with kid's Momma in that same neighborhood, . One of the worst. That entire area Between Holiday Inn and Pricemart should be gassed as a compassionate measure. No Gringo should ever venture there.

Anyway, H Cristo Rey is at Rotundo Santo Domingo. That's all you need to know for Chrissakes! You can throw a rock and likely hit the roof of Fenix from there. Sure, plenty have been mugged around there, even some carjackings!

All alot of fun. Like the one guy said, the city is sketchy, and turn one too many corners. Hahahaaa. 1st, walk around in PANTS AND SHOES, tuck your GD shirt in, don't be a hippie. Carry any real money inside of your sock and shoe.

Ready Ru
03-21-11, 17:03
Once dated one of the hottest 95 pound Nicas from Matagalpa who lived with kid's Momma in that same neighborhood, . One of the worst. That entire area Between Holiday Inn and Pricemart should be gassed as a compassionate measure. No Gringo should ever venture there.

Anyway, H Cristo Rey is at Rotundo Santo Domingo. That's all you need to know for Chrissakes! You can throw a rock and likely hit the roof of Fenix from there. Sure, plenty have been mugged around there, even some carjackings!

All alot of fun. Like the one guy said, the city is sketchy, and turn one too many corners. Hahahaaa. 1st, walk around in PANTS AND SHOES, tuck your GD shirt in, don't be a hippie. Carry any real money inside of your sock and shoe. If carrying money in shoe, make sure you tie it tightly, Only made it back with one shoe from the episode I mentioned earlier. Had 2 chasing me after I took out their buddies knee. AHHH, the memories, LOL.

Shamester
03-21-11, 17:19
Very true. Thanks. But where should I stay then? Center of action. Walking distance to bars and discos. And chica friendly?IMO the board is telling you to change your mind-set. It appears Managua is not set-up for walking around. Proceed with caution. Follow the board's advice.

BluntForceTrauma
03-22-11, 00:32
Had 2 chasing me after I took out their buddies knee. AHHH, the memories, LOL.Ahhh, each and every 19 de Julio, I recollect and know I was a lucky squirt.

Last was a blast!

Proud punk wants free money, I say "No" about 7 times. 8th time, I tell proud punk that he can shine my boots if he wants a coin. Proud punk was insulted, poor kid, hurt his thief feelings! . He's with his punk friends.

They come at me, more than just a fist in my hand, KAH-PLING! Yet there were so many of them, like 10. Off I go running my azz off, over the CParks Gazeeboo, see a friend up top and say: "There's going to be a pelea!" And good GD thing there was!

19 de Julio punks come across a 2nd group, standing around in the park, not friendly, me runnin' my azz across the park. A gang fight erupts, and I escape. That was a close one.

Listen newbies to Nica, don't be led by the hand. Do a little' ree ahh church will ya?

97% of Nicas are 100. 3% wants your azz. This 3, more, think Que_Daffy is a good guy in every way.

I generally don't go out after dark no more.

BluntForceTrauma
03-22-11, 00:43
I guess mommy changed your dippies regularly and fed you well with formula.

When the light bulb went out, your poppy got out the phonebook, looked under "Repairmen."

Did you comm with them in inglish or Spanish?

All sorts of preverted scum pass by H Cristo Rey, and the slave laborers receiving your msgs. Are likely sick of these sorts who need a walking hand.

The place is a 1st class Hotel, minus the preverts.

Grand Pollo
03-22-11, 02:28
Very true. Thanks. But where should I stay then? Center of action. Walking distance to bars and discos. And chica friendly?Unless you are penniless or have a phobia about taxis, or cannot speak a word of Spanish what's this walking around nonsense, since you can't and shouldn't. Period. Full stop. End. Nada. Fin.

You cannot walk around. The addresses and such are shite, everything is miles from everything else. And taxis cost a dollar fifty. For you maybe two bucks, two and a half.

You can rent a car and they will rent you a driver ( a bit on the expensive side) . You can rent a taxi by the hour or day. You can find a good taxista, get his number and have him on call. Lots of options.

So with a car or taxi, this mistaken concept of walking distance, central to the action, blah, blah, is not an issue.

Try El Conquistador near Plaza Inter, there you MUST use a cab but it is not a lot, has internet, they have lots of English speakers on staff and are pretty cavalier about companions.

Looking at your posts you have been to Costa Rica, maybe once, maybe more but it is set up for gringos in bunches and walking around and with English spoken various places and sort of clean and safe-ish and Managua is not like that. You have to speak the language, have your head on a swivel, avoid confrontations (the guns alone that everyone has is reason enough), and use a car. I suggest you reconsider your plan.

Ready Ru
03-22-11, 12:38
Very true. Thanks. But where should I stay then? Center of action. Walking distance to bars and discos. And chica friendly?Thinking Granada is more suited for you.

Grand Pollo
03-23-11, 02:08
Thinking Granada is more suited for you.The walking part would work out and he can wear his sandals with socks on underneath in Granada, quite right.

Grand Pollo
03-23-11, 02:11
I guess mommy changed your dippies regularly and fed you well with formula.

When the light bulb went out, your poppy got out the phonebook, looked under "Repairmen."

Did you comm with them in inglish or Spanish?

All sorts of preverted scum pass by H Cristo Rey, and the slave laborers receiving your msgs. Are likely sick of these sorts who need a walking hand.

The place is a 1st class Hotel, minus the preverts. What language is this written in? What is this supposed to mean or how is it supposed to offer advice, assistance or anything? And the post before it for that matter? Are you Meat Loaf reincarnated?

Golfinho
03-23-11, 02:49
What language is this written in? What is this supposed to mean or how is it supposed to offer advice, assistance or anything? And the post before it for that matter? Are you Meat Loaf reincarnated?LOL. He wishes

Ready Ru
03-23-11, 04:57
Looking through the photo gallery tonight and realized that "Claudia's" is the casa that I was in back in January 2010. I spent 3 days with a little lady that worked there named "diana". Her real name stared with an x of all things and I would have to look up emails to know how to spell it, let alone pronounce it. It was where I also met the one I spent time with on my last trip in July, at Hotel dito or what ever the fuck its name is. Wondering if Claudias is still opened? I was taken there by a couple of brothers who live across the street. One of them lives in San Fransisco. Can't seem to get ahold of them. Is it still open? I've posted the second girls photo before. Realy hot! I'll post them again tomarrow at work, if I get a chance. Right after I write my child support check to my Nica ex wife. Live and learn fellas, LOL. Probably be in Honduras again next month though. Only bad thing about my New Honduranian love is it keeps me from Nicaragua.

BluntForceTrauma
03-23-11, 16:01
Xiomara?"Cee Ohh Mar Rah"

Point was, how would you like to be the slave laborer receiving emails in English from a guy who is asking about if the place is "chica friendly", or however it may have been put forth? Slave laborer is supposed to spend the time to translate the msg, only to have the joy of cleaning up the room that the foreigner just screwed a working girl in?

Ready Ru
03-23-11, 19:00
Xiomara?"Cee Ohh Mar Rah"

Point was, how would you like to be the slave laborer receiving emails in English from a guy who is asking about if the place is "chica friendly", or however it may have been put forth? Slave laborer is supposed to spend the time to translate the msg, only to have the joy of cleaning up the room that the foreigner just screwed a working girl in? Xinalthayana, is her name. Know her?

BluntForceTrauma
03-23-11, 19:31
Xinalthayana, is her name. Know her?Sorry, butt no. However that is one of the sexxxiest names I've ever heard!

I've got to look for that pic.

I imagine alotta good Nica Indian blood in her, long black hair.

Bbilly
04-09-11, 23:13
Any current advise on best hotels? Best meaning not the cheapest and not the best quality, but the best deal overall?

Grand Pollo
04-12-11, 03:13
looking through the photo gallery tonight and realized that "claudia's" is the casa that i was in back in january 2010. ..... wondering if claudias is still opened? .it has been closed for a long time, in fact i am pretty sure even before january 2010. after the big push against mp's due to the **** problem in bolonia, that's when a few closed up and they all quit advertising in the classifieds, though those ads are creeping back more subtly.

cervezeria mou which became la flaca went out of business later (much) than claudias but it is gone too.

i think you can find a new lorenas, the old glorias, the existing morena in the altamira location and that is about it. other than local mps, bars etc, example salvadoreno 2.

ICantStayAway
04-17-11, 16:45
They are very nice there. Free pickup at the airport in a nice blue van with their name on the side, but the hotel is below my standards. I changed to the Holiday Inn.

I stayed in room #6 for 2 nights. NOISY starting at 6:30 in the morning. Why, when I was the only one there.

Then at breakfast, they gave me powdered coffee. I don't care if I'm staying in a hut at the edge of a river, I don't care for instant coffee."presto", she said.

Plus the water pressure was spotty. Sometimes water and a few times no water. The pressure was too low for the suicide shower to work well.

I would have left after the first night but was meeting someone there. It's not the worst hotel I've stayed at but.

Gringo7900
04-23-11, 13:01
I am looking for REASONABLY PRICED HOTELS / MOTELS IN SAN JUAN DEL SUR, NICARAGUA. Something around the $40-60 / night price.

Range. Any and all info will be appreciated.

Mike P Psych
05-10-11, 02:00
Does anyone know if the new Hotel Yolaina in Managua is in fact open for business. The web site (info@hotelyolaina.com) has disappeared

Undakovabrotha
05-17-11, 20:49
Does anyone know if the new Hotel Yolaina in Managua is in fact open for business. The web site (info@hotelyolaina.com) has disappearedI could not find Hotel Yolaina. Cristo Rey is a complete dump. I am not sure how folks stay there. I mean I have lived in austere environments while in the military. So, I can handle just about anything. Why stay somewhere not hospitable for life. Haha. The hotel is in the Barrio. I mean straight hood!

I stayed at Hotel Bello Horizante. Chica friendly, safe, and quiet. 35bucks / nite. I walked around the block at nite without issues.

Undakovabrotha
05-22-11, 20:06
I like this Hotel. Hotel Spa Granada is very basic. The Spa is excellent. They do not have phones in the rooms. They do offer wifi. They have good professional massage staff and they look good too. Please do not look for happy endings. The owner is from New York. The pool area is top notch and great sites. The visitors I met are from Germany, France, and England. You do not need to know Spanish.

Mongers, I suggest this place because of the "chica" friendly status. I had a few drinks at Kelly's Bar.

I took the bus over from San Jose Costa Rica. I suggest Transnica vs Tica Bus Lines. Transnica stops midway through Costa Rica and the border for bathroom break. Tica does not stop, so people are using the bathroom in the back of the bus and OMG it stinks.

Ready Ru
05-23-11, 13:23
Did you meet the girls in parke central? They hang at the corner gazebo around dark and later. Silvia is the one with a star on her front tooth. A little pushy, but she's a sweet girl. There are several others who work under her. She's the one who will usually try to start up conversation with you. Blanca is one of the better girls out there as far as looks.

Undakovabrotha
07-04-11, 21:25
Did you meet the girls in parke central? They hang at the corner gazebo around dark and later. Silvia is the one with a star on her front tooth. A little pushy, but she's a sweet girl. There are several others who work under her. She's the one who will usually try to start up conversation with you. Blanca is one of the better girls out there as far as looks.Yea, I hooked up with 2 of them. The first one I went with was a waste of time. I forgot her name. She was a older Morena. Now, the second one was a little thicker 19 years old Morena. Only thing I had to do was lay there. She did the rest. She was working so hard that she was sweating all over me. My friend went with a young Asian looking Nica. He said it was a waste of time.

I really like Granada. Good cheap fun! I will fly in to MGA this time instead of taking the bus from Costa Rica.

AlLostInSpace13
09-20-11, 22:37
Hello,

Does anyone local know that if the hotel cristo rey is still operating? Email not replied and website is down.

Thanks,

Spaceman

AlLostInSpace13
09-24-11, 02:52
They're open, just slow in replying to inquires.

Spaceman.

Hello,

Does anyone local know that if the hotel cristo rey is still operating? Email not replied and website is down.

Thanks,

Spaceman

John Gault
10-27-11, 18:02
This is my hotel in Managua when I'm not staying in Granada (Gringoville) with the novia.

The hotel reopens around Nov. 5th. Pablo is the manager, and a friend. He speaks perfect English, and is very helpful to mongers. He will take you to all the hot spots, and also will pick up, and drop off at the airport for $20.

Hotel has a large pool, and also breakfast, and laundry is included in the room rates. Hot water, Wi fi, and a nice bar upstairs.

http://hotelyolaina.net/contactus.html

World Travel 69
11-02-11, 14:38
How is the area for walking around in? Mainly before midnight, for this old man.

This is my hotel in Managua when I'm not staying in Granada (Gringoville) with the novia.

The hotel reopens around Nov. 5th. Pablo is the manager, and a friend. He speaks perfect English, and is very helpful to mongers. He will take you to all the hot spots, and also will pick up, and drop off at the airport for $20.

Hotel has a large pool, and also breakfast, and laundry is included in the room rates. Hot water, Wi fi, and a nice bar upstairs.

John Gault
11-02-11, 17:28
How is the area for walking around in? Mainly before midnight, for this old man.There is a Pizza Hut, and a pancake house, and also a On the run that I always walk to with no problems so far. The hotel is in the north section of the city about a 10 minute ride to the Galaria mall.

Of course my Novia thinks I'm nuts walking all the time, but I tell her I'm superman (LOL) , and that shuts her up.

World Travel 69
11-02-11, 19:12
I forgot, is there a safe in the room, or is it in the lobby?

John Gault
11-02-11, 23:09
I forgot, is there a safe in the room, or is it in the lobby?Damm if I can remember, but I think it has a lobby safe.

Noguera
11-03-11, 06:02
The Hotel Yolaina that Gault is talking about is in a good part of town. You shouldn't be in any danger walking around that area even before midnight.

Pana Nyc
11-07-11, 07:20
fellas anyone can recommend a 3-4 star hotel that is chica friendly and has hi-speed internet in managua? i was thinking at staying at the camino real so far but i'm looking for other options, i plan on rotating chicas maybe 2 per day with no problems.

DoubleBlack
11-21-11, 05:16
Hi Fellows,

This will be my first trip to Managua. What good hotel 4-5 start do you recommend that is chica friendly. I don't care if they request her I'd or charge a fee as long as they let them go up to the room.

Thanks

DoubleBlack
11-23-11, 02:03
Hello Fellows,

I call the hotel to find out the policy on after hrs visits to the room, and I was told that as long as they do not stay the whole night, I can have visit to my room. If it is TLN I had to pay $ 20. 00.

I hope this info helps

Nixonbd
01-16-12, 23:21

http://hotelyolaina.net/contactus.htmlSo this hotel is girl friendly? I will be making my first trip to MGA in July.

World Travel 69
01-16-12, 23:23
Yes, bring as many as you can handle.

So this hotel is girl friendly? I will be making my first trip to MGA in July.

Nixonbd
01-17-12, 00:15
Yes, bring as many as you can handle.It say it is located in the North, but not in town. How far is it to get into town, say to the casinos? The hotel looks pretty decent. Looks a lot like one I stay at in Panama City.

World Travel 69
01-17-12, 17:03
It say it is located in the North, but not in town. How far is it to get into town, say to the casinos? The hotel looks pretty decent. Looks a lot like one I stay at in Panama City.
Look at the earlier post as to where it is. Then look on google map. It is south-west.

It is five minutes from the Casinos.

Either Pablo or Silvo will be your guide to all the good places.

We four of us had a great time at the Good Time strip club last night, after getting laid at Fenix.

John Gault
01-17-12, 21:04
Look at the earlier post as to where it is. Then look on google map. It is south-west.

It is five minutes from the Casinos.

Either Pablo or Silvo will be your guide to all the good places.

We four of us had a great time at the Good Time strip club last night, after getting laid at Fenix.I'm in MDE right now

Please say Hello, to Pablo, and Silvo for me. They know me as Victor.

Thanks

Nixonbd
01-18-12, 23:18
Anybody heard anything about this place? It looks to be close to the Intercontinental and is $60 / night on Hotels. Com

Ready Ru
02-22-12, 03:31
Just returned from week in Nicaragua. Can definately say that I have found a new friend in Pablo at hotel Yolaina. And honestly, (especialy for non spanish speakers) the best hotel in Managua. Super clean, friendly and safe, thumbs up for a great experience!

Iddfs
03-27-12, 07:38
Hello, Fellows,

I call the hotel to find out the policy on after hrs visits to the room, and I was told that as long as they do not stay the whole night, I can have visit to my room. If it is TLN I had to pay $ 20. 00.

I hope this info helpsDo we know if this information is still correct? I will be going in May and would like to stay in this area.

Thanks in advance.

TomJackin
03-27-12, 07:45
Just returned from week in Nicaragua. Can definately say that I have found a new friend in Pablo at hotel Yolaina. And honestly, (especialy for non spanish speakers) the best hotel in Managua. Super clean, friendly and safe, thumbs up for a great experience!I can confirm that big time!

EnamoredOutlaw
10-19-13, 04:09
So is this hotel still recommended. Last post about it was like 20 months ago?

Ready Ru
10-19-13, 14:26
So is this hotel still recommended. Last post about it was like 20 months ago?Tell Pablo that Superman says hello.

Iddfs
03-13-14, 01:52
Is Hotel Hex by Bello Horizonte girl friendly?

Thanks in advance.

Beerdrinker
07-23-14, 07:17
Hotel Yolaina was very difficult to find, no signs, no taxi drivers ever heard of it. Only a small convenient store in walking distance. No one spoke english, as Pablo was on vaca. The hotel is a hangout spot for locals, and we never knew who worked there, and who was simply hanging out. But they were all drinking all day long and hanging by the pool being unfriendly.

There was no organization, and very poor management. Had no idea who was in charge, but different people were asking me on a daily basis to pay them for the room. When we tried to leave, the maid put her broom in front of the salida, and woukdnt let us leave until she made a few phone calls to be sure we paid. The icing on the cake was the extremely loud live band playing by the pool every morning at 8 am! The rooms didn't have safes. There was barely any hot water. Internet never worked. But it was chica friendly.

TomJackin
07-23-14, 09:14
Hotel Yolaina was very difficult to find, no signs, no taxi drivers ever heard of it. Only a small convenient store in walking distance. No one spoke english, as Pablo was on vaca. The hotel is a hangout spot for locals, and we never knew who worked there, and who was simply hanging out. But they were all drinking all day long and hanging by the pool being unfriendly.

There was no organization, and very poor management. Had no idea who was in charge, but different people were asking me on a daily basis to pay them for the room. When we tried to leave, the maid put her broom in front of the salida, and woukdnt let us leave until she made a few phone calls to be sure we paid. The icing on the cake was the extremely loud live band playing by the pool every morning at 8 am! The rooms didn't have safes. There was barely any hot water. Internet never worked. But it was chica friendly.Sorry, but I have stayed there and found the place to be very accommodating, especially Pablo and staff.

Sounds like you just had a bad stay, but I do not think that is the norm for Hotel Yolaina.

World Travel 69
07-24-14, 16:20
Most of the guys there are labors that live there.

It is too bad Pablo wasn't there. You would have had a great time.

The internet work fine when I was there. It did work better downstairs close to the modem.

I guess you did not look on the Map, because it would been easy to find if you did.

There was no organization, and very poor management. Had no idea who was in charge, but different people were asking me on a daily basis to pay them for the room. When we tried to leave, the maid put her broom in front of the salida, and wouldn't let us leave until she made a few phone calls to be sure we paid. The icing on the cake was the extremely loud live band playing by the pool every morning at 8 am! The rooms didn't have safes. There was barely any hot water. Internet never worked. But it was chica friendly.

NinoGordo
10-17-14, 03:51
Great hotel (muy bueno) that I am sure you all have passed by time and time again.It is over by the Huembes market. It is 110% chica friendly but it is also like a little "family" hotel but you can rent rooms for $15 for 3 hours which is awesome and you do not have to deal with the AUTO HOTEL drama (although the current map for Managua has some really good options for the auto motels http://www.diezymedio.com/).

The name of the hote is PACHELLY (Pista Mercado Roberto Huembes Contiguo al Gallo mas Gallo. 2270-7874 or 2270-8385.

Entonces, if you are leaving Galerias or the Rotonda Central America heading like you are going to the airport but well before the main turn to Huembes Market, it is there on the main road a section or so down from Hotel Kelly (which I will check out some other time. Kelly's looks like it has possibilities).

Pachelly's has a Facebook site and it has an info (AT) hotelpachelly (DOT) com email address as well.

NicaFanatico
12-19-14, 23:28
Hi all,

I used to Live in Nicaragua and up until 5 months ago had a Nica GF but nevertheless am out of touch with safe places to stay that are girl friendly with airport pickup or trustworthy taxistas. I speak Spanish, know Managua well and am current with pricing on most things.

So what recommendations do you have?

Specifically I get in late on the 24th of this month and want to check in and go out again to somewhere like Fenix or Good Times, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Mr HC
01-13-15, 16:28
I am looking for a nice, western style hotel or condominium that is chica friendly. Price is not an issue. The ideal spot would be somewhere near the action or with action on site. I am thinking Managua but am open to suggestions since I have never been to Nicaragua before.

Thanks in advance to all who respond.

Mexidan
01-23-15, 00:17
I have a good impression of this hotel. Two of the owners, Pablo and George, are brothers that live on site. They are Nicas that have also lived for many years in the United States. They speak very good English. The hotel is somewhat difficult to find, but telling taxi drivers that it is "donde fue el Restaurante Quelite" solves this issue as all taxi drivers seem to know this landmark.

ROOM:

$40/ night cash, or $48/ night credit card.

Air conditioner, refrigerator, cable TV in unit. Full size beds. Closets with ample space.

All rooms open to courtyard with pool.

Local-food style breakfast cooked on site.

No room safe, but room itself feels very safe and secure.

Chica friendly.

I kept valuables locked in luggage but never had any problems.

AM / PM nearby for supplies.

Owner George was gracious in showing us around town and making introduction with freelancers.

$15 airport to hotel pickup if scheduled in advance.

Pictures and reviews available on booking.com.

50 seeórdoba taxi price from Fenix to hotel.

Mixture of western mongers and Latino vacationers at hotel, but no issues observed concerning walking dates in / out of hotel.

Grand Pollo
02-12-15, 04:15
No room safe, but room itself feels very safe and secure.

Chica friendly.

50 seerdoba taxi price from Fenix to hotel.

.A hotel with no safe should make the chicas even more friendly. Seriously no safe? Bad idea.

Is the seerdoba a new measure of currency there?

World Travel 69
02-13-15, 16:37
Jackson's spell checker sucks.

Seerdoba = Córdoba

A hotel with no safe should make the chicas even more friendly. Seriously no safe? Bad idea.

Is the seerdoba a new measure of currency there?

You69Me
04-23-15, 00:50
Does anyone know the Hotel Yolania Email contact or website.

I have a good impression of this hotel. Two of the owners, Pablo and George, are brothers that live on site. They are Nicas that have also lived for many years in the United States. They speak very good English. The hotel is somewhat difficult to find, but telling taxi drivers that it is "donde fue el Restaurante Quelite" solves this issue as all taxi drivers seem to know this landmark.

ROOM:

$40/ night cash, or $48/ night credit card.

Air conditioner, refrigerator, cable TV in unit. Full size beds. Closets with ample space.

All rooms open to courtyard with pool.

Local-food style breakfast cooked on site.

No room safe, but room itself feels very safe and secure..

Fuddzie
08-31-16, 11:30
Having a difficult time finding chica friendly hotel in Granada.

Grand Pollo
06-30-17, 06:31
ROOM:

$40/ night cash, or $48/ night credit card.$8 extra for a credit card is a ripoff, dude. Maybe a dollar or at most two.