PDA

View Full Version : Airport Transportation

Admin
01-01-00, 02:00
Thread Starter.

Lima Busy
07-03-09, 21:47
As more and more guys setup shop in Lima I get more requests for security services. I have a middle eastern friend who rents the Penthouse for long periods of time and has need to avail himself from "time to time" of special services. Recently, he had a friend arrive to "resupply" and invited me and a few girls along for the ride to the airport. Really quite the experience and "highly recommend" it if you are carrying large amounts of cash or withdrawing large amounts from your bank.

Here are there hourly rates and PM me if you need the contact info.

AIRPORT - DOWNTOWN TRANSFER PRIVATE CHAUFFEUR & 01 GUARD

30 - 60 USD

AIRPORT - DOWNTOWN TRANSFER ARMOURED VEHICLE & 01 GUARD

75 - 145 USD

PRIVATE CHAUFFEURED TRANSPORT
REGULAR TYPE SEDAN & 01 GUARD

35 - 70 USD

ARMOURED VEHICLE & 01 GUARD

105 - 155 USD

ARMOURED VEHICLE 01 BODYGUARD

130 - 180 USD

REGULAR SECURITY GUARD
UNIFORMED - LIGHT ARMED

20 - 45 USD

CLOSE PROTECTION
BODYGUARD - REGULAR ARMED

30 - 65 USD

CLOSE PROTECTION
BODYGUARD - HEAVY ARMED
55 - 95 USD

CLOSE PROTECTION
02 BODYGUARDS - REGULAR ARMED
90 - 160 USD

CLOSE PROTECTION
02 BODYGUARDS - HEAVY ARMED
110 - 220 USD

Sound7
12-10-09, 00:18
Express Bus from Airport to Miraflores.

Is this 24/7 schedule and what is the price?

Thanks in advance.

S7

Lima Busy
12-12-09, 22:08
Never heard of it! Most people use "green taxi", only S/45 to Miraflores!

Sound7
12-13-09, 04:06
http://wikitravel.org/en/Lima

There is also an Express bus to Centro and Miraflores leaving from the Arrival hall; ask at the airport information desk.

One gets a good city look sitting in coach bus.

Does Wikitravel/Lima need to be updated ?

Never heard of it! Most people use "green taxi", only S/45 to Miraflores!

Lima Busy
12-18-09, 21:42
http://wikitravel.org/en/Lima

There is also an Express bus to Centro and Miraflores leaving from the Arrival hall; ask at the airport information desk.

One gets a good city look sitting in coach bus.

Does Wikitravel/Lima need to be updated ?
Ok, I was thinking a "public bus". Here is a link to one!
www.perushuttle.com

Mister Monger
12-19-09, 14:28
Not sure why but it seems that no one has stated the fact that you can get a very cheap taxi from the airport to Miraflores, by simply walking PAST all the official looking taxi guys with laminated passes, and tell them that you are going to walk outside the airport in order to catch a much cheaper taxi into town, for only 20 soles (which I did yeaterday), most likely someone will agree to this price well before you have to acctually walk outside of the airport. But if not, just do it, as soon as you hit the main road, taxis will be happy to take you to MF for as little as 15 soles. Obviously you will need to speak some spanish to negotiate these prices, but it is very doable. I also have just gotten the official hostel airport transport guy (who normally chages 50 soles) to give me his cell number, and is going to pick me up from my hostel at 6:30 tomorrow and take me for 25 soles. Worth it to not have to negotiate a fare in the street at 6:30 am for sure. His number is 988-179-789. Good luck people.

Rick52
12-20-09, 05:14
Not sure why but it seems that no one has stated the fact that you can get a very cheap taxi from the airport to Miraflores, by simply walking PAST all the official looking taxi guys with laminated passes, and tell them that you are going to walk outside the airport in order to catch a much cheaper taxi into town, for only 20 soles (which I did yeaterday), most likely someone will agree to this price well before you have to acctually walk outside of the airport. But if not, just do it, as soon as you hit the main road, taxis will be happy to take you to MF for as little as 15 soles. Obviously you will need to speak some spanish to negotiate these prices, but it is very doable. I also have just gotten the official hostel airport transport guy (who normally chages 50 soles) to give me his cell number, and is going to pick me up from my hostel at 6:30 tomorrow and take me for 25 soles. Worth it to not have to negotiate a fare in the street at 6:30 am for sure. His number is 988-179-789. Good luck people.Yea I agree, that's what I did in the past. Just as soon as you walk out of the airport you'll see like a place where buses stop (much cheaper if you know which to take) or taxi drivers right there. Watch out though, those still might want to charge a bit extra but still cheaper than inside. You can always talk to him in lower it, never get bought in with the number he throws at you. If they guy gives you hard time just wait a few secs or 1 min and another taxi should pull up with a better price. Be carefull with which taxi you choose though, I don't know how safe they are. I always had good luck when I used to go oftain.

I used to go often to Peru but never stayed in Lima other than my last experience for 2 night only. I had a few scary moments in the past taking those taxis late at night when I got in Lima around midnight. They sometimes take empty back roads as a shortcut at night and some of those roads are scary at night where there empty if you don't know Lima (like me). I could of sweared the car was going to make a stop and a group of guys pop up and I was going to get beat up and robed at the same time LOL. But 5 years and nothing ever happened to me yet, I guess you can try and ask them not to take roads off main roads for safety.

I have a number a taxi driver who offers taxi service if you plan to travel out and tour. He drives you out even to cuzco and far places on his car. Once there he like your private taxi cab till he takes you back. Real nice guy, and take me to my home town (huancayo, 5-6 hours) many times. If I remember correctly I think he charges you depending on where you go and every day he stays there he charges like 40 Soles per day. He makes stops on the way to places you might enjoy. I can give his info and you talk to him directly and get the prices sorted out. He also helps you find girls and helps you get good deals instead of getting ripped off. He speaks zero English though.

Sound7
12-31-09, 21:11
LIMA Transportation Exerpeince Airport to Park Kennedy - Miraflores

Green Cab from Domestic Terminal:

Flat quote of 45 soles.

Outside Airport: 25 Soles. Negoitated.

One bad driver demanding $25 USD instead of 25 soles. Late night travel.

Outside Collective to Miraflores: 3 Soles. Flat rate.

Las Palmas to Airport: Special Airport Taxi. 40 Soles.

No special express airport transport located as indicated in Wikipedia article other than the ciollective.

BKKguru
06-26-10, 04:34
Hi,
I have a few questions:

-Is there a desk or kiosk for the "Green Cab" at the Airport?
-Do they accept Credit Cards?
-Do I have the pay the full Cab fare at the Airport itself?

Thanks!

LIMA Transportation Exerpeince Airport to Park Kennedy - Miraflores

Green Cab from Domestic Terminal:

Flat quote of 45 soles.

Outside Airport: 25 Soles. Negoitated.

One bad driver demanding $25 USD instead of 25 soles. Late night travel.

Outside Collective to Miraflores: 3 Soles. Flat rate.

Las Palmas to Airport: Special Airport Taxi. 40 Soles.

No special express airport transport located as indicated in Wikipedia article other than the ciollective.

Garota Lover
06-26-10, 15:37
Hi,
I have a few questions:

-Is there a desk or kiosk for the "Green Cab" at the Airport?
-Do they accept Credit Cards?
-Do I have the pay the full Cab fare at the Airport itself?

Thanks!On the night of May 20, 2010, the Lima airport kiosk at the "Green Cab" quoted me 40 for a cab ride to Miraflores. Somehow, I assumed the 40 was in USD, so I ended paying $40 for the ride. I guess, they meant 40 Soles, but they didn't bother correct me, and accepted my $40. Well, such is life!

Sound7
07-29-10, 20:54
Was the sign with fare posted in Sol missing?

On the night of May 20, 2010, the Lima airport kiosk at the "Green Cab" quoted me 40 for a cab ride to Miraflores. Somehow, I assumed the 40 was in USD, so I ended paying $40 for the ride. I guess, they meant 40 Soles, but they didn't bother correct me, and accepted my $40. Well, such is life!

Sly One
07-30-10, 13:47
You always negoiate the price up frount before getting in the cab.

The correct price airport to Miraflores is $USD20.

Sounds like you just gave the guy a $USD 20 tip.

No point crying over spilt milk.

Suggest you read "Sly Ones First times Guide to Lima" Free on this site Before you waste anymore of your money.

Sly

Member #4359
08-04-10, 01:22
As many posters have said, you can find better deals than the "official" green taxi rate of 45 soles. With that said, the green taxi drivers have always seemed to me to be more professional, have later model cars, and I have felt more secure with them than others I have used. When you consider how easy it would be to get mugged first thing after leaving the airport and before even reaching Miraflores (usually midnight or later as flights from the USA seem to all arrive late at night), I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. I've used the cheap ones myself but from now on I don't think I'll take the chance.

Xpartan
08-09-10, 00:02
I am arriving at Antalya Airport around 7pm on the 18th of August. I want to start from Olu Deniz as soon as possible an as early as possible. Is there any way easy, quick and cheap. To reach Olu Deniz fdrom the airport of Antlya? Any regular buses at this time of the day? I understand it si approx 200kms and 3 hours. Is it correct? If not possible, what is the earliest time I can leave Antalya to join Olu Deniz? Any details? Thanks in advance.

Thomas.

Um, you kinda mixed up your continents here, buddy. No biggies, but asking this question on a Turkey board would yield a better result, IMHO.

Bunny Hunter
08-09-10, 23:17
Look, the 45 soles is only $16 and some change in USD. It's for a fairly long cab ride (which would easily cost 3-4 times as much in a major city in the US). Sure, you might be able to save $2 or $3 or maybe even $8, but it's a pittance compared to the overall investment (and risk) associated with a trip to Lima. Don't be penny-wise and pound-foolish.

My experience with the green taxi folks has been _superb_ and hassle-free. Plus, the guy was cool enough to wait while I dropped my stuff off and then hauled me over to Relax y Vida #3 and then met me again afterwards for a ride back to my apartment. Excellent service all around!

Xpartan
08-10-10, 07:13
Look, the 45 soles is only $16 and some change in USD. It's for a fairly long cab ride (which would easily cost 3-4 times as much in a major city in the US). Sure, you might be able to save $2 or $3 or maybe even $8, but it's a pittance compared to the overall investment (and risk) associated with a trip to Lima. Don't be penny-wise and pound-foolish.

My experience with the green taxi folks has been _superb_ and hassle-free. Plus, the guy was cool enough to wait while I dropped my stuff off and then hauled me over to Relax y Vida #3 and then met me again afterwards for a ride back to my apartment. Excellent service all around!

I agree saving a few bucks on a can ride to Miraflores isn't probably worth it, but my Green Taxi guy was a superb asshole. He missed the address on Malecon and started screaming at the top of his lungs at us that we were waisting his time. Probably hoping to squeeze a few extra bucks out of us. Of course, he shut the fuck up when we yelled back, but nevertheless...

Sly One
08-10-10, 13:25
I agree saving a few bucks on a can ride to Miraflores isn't probably worth it, but my Green Taxi guy was a superb asshole. He missed the address on Malecon and started screaming at the top of his lungs at us that we were waisting his time. Probably hoping to squeeze a few extra bucks out of us. Of course, he shut the fuck up when we yelled back, but nevertheless.Next time just get the rego number and make and model of the car and call the cab company in the morning as say the guy was an asshole and very abusive and you will never use there services again.

I bet he will be fired immediately and you will also be saving us from the same trouble.

Sly

El Greco
08-10-10, 15:58
As many posters have said, you can find better deals than the "official" green taxi rate of 45 soles. With that said, the green taxi drivers have always seemed to me to be more professional, have later model cars, and I have felt more secure with them than others I have used. When you consider how easy it would be to get mugged first thing after leaving the airport and before even reaching Miraflores (usually midnight or later as the flights from the USA seem to all arrive late at night), I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. I've used the cheap ones myself but from now on I don't think I'll take the chance.

On my first time visiting Lima I was sheduled to arrive, and I did, about midnight but took me about 90 mins to go through customs because three planes arrived at that time. The owner of the apartment had made arrangements for a private taxi for $20us to wait for me and was persuading the driver over the phone to keep waiting for me as I was told later. The driver was a young guy and most propably in order to cut the corner he took me through some very isolated, dark and scary route to Miraflores. He kept talking to someone else over a walkie talkie and really did scare the shit out of me because I thought that he was organising my robbery with some partner. Remember it was 2am and seemed to me that we were in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately that was not the case and he took me to my destination with no problem. Honestly I couldn't believe it that nothing happened that night. Anyway I was finally happy and tipped him well.

On my departure although it was earlier about 20:00 hrs I asked the owner and I also told the taxi driver to only use the major roads going to the airport.

Believe you me guys the worst time to get robbed is from the airport to your hotel because you carry everything with you. Don't be a cheap Charlie at that time. Safety should be our main concern and not a few dollars.

Jaimito Cartero
08-10-10, 16:02
On my first time visiting Lima I was sheduled to arrive, and I did, about midnight but took me about 90 mins to go through customs because three planes arrived at that time. The owner of the apartment had made arrangements for a private taxi for $20us to wait for me and was persuading the driver over the phone to keep waiting for me as I was told later. The driver was a young guy and most propably in order to cut the corner he took me through some very isolated, dark and scary route to Miraflores. He kept talking to someone else over a walkie talkie and really did scare the shit out of me because I thought that he was organising my robbery with some partner. Remember it was 2am and seemed to me that we were in the middle of nowhere. Fortunately that was not the case and he took me to my destination with no problem. Honestly I couldn't believe it that nothing happened that night. Anyway I was finally happy and tipped him well.

I've been taken that route a number of times, myself. It can be a bit scary, but I've never had a problem with an airport ride.

If in doubt, have a cell phone and pretend to talk to a friend and tell them that you're coming in such and such taxi number.

WlFunGuy
11-24-14, 07:35
I know this thread is old but just adding my 2-bits of info.

When I travel to / from airport, especially at night, I'll pretend to make a phone call and tell my "friend" the license plate as well as the drivers I'd hanging from the mirror. I don't try to be quiet. I want the driver to know what I am doing.

Never had a problem.

LifeIsABeach
11-25-14, 05:51
"The driver was a young guy and most propably in order to cut the corner he took me through some very isolated, dark and scary route to Miraflores. " Unfortunately, Lima does not have a direct freeway route from Miraflores to the airport. You have to go through this area. On my last trip departing from Lima, the Taxi driver took me through a scenic route along the ocean and then it ended and we had to go through the tough areas of Lima to get to the airport. The Green taxis are S45 to Miraflores and you can get someone lower but not worth the hassle.

Member #4530
12-07-14, 21:30
I know this thread is old but just adding my 2-bits of info.

When I travel to / from airport, especially at night, I'll pretend to make a phone call and tell my "friend" the license plate as well as the drivers I'd hanging from the mirror. I don't try to be quiet. I want the driver to know what I am doing.

Never had a problem.I do the same. I also use my phone to snap a photo of the license plate before I step in and if there's any ID available from my seat, I snap a photo of that too. Drivers find it curious and I don't think that's ever upset one.

If the driver demands a higher rate than expected at the destination, I pull out my phone and make a phone call to my nonexistent local friend to inquire the proper rate.

Once in Saigon I had a fuckhead taxi driver who demanded like USD50 for a USD10 ride. I very politely explained to him my good Vietnamese friend was only a few minutes away on his motobike and was coming over to help negotiate and I repeatedly apologized to him that I don't speak Vietnamese. I kept talking on the phone and looking up and down the street for my nonexistent friend. After 20 minutes of us both looking up and down the street and me saying "any minute now", the driver took my USD10 equivalent and split.

Sly One
01-23-15, 08:03
I have been living in Lima for near on 10 years and I am in and out of the airport (Domestic or International) at least once per month.

So this is how the local does it?.

Airport to Miraflores.

I always use Taxi Green They are the last taxi stand as you leave the Airport both for domestic and international arrivals and always seem to have a taxi available without booking.

Cost about $USD20 in Soles or USD $. As at Jan 2015.

Miraflores to Airport.

I use Ph: 3555555 is a local taxi company they will pick you up at you apartment and take you to the airport and they are around $3 cheaper that Green Taxi.

Cost about $USD17 in Soles only.

Both of the above choices are Secure Taxis I. E. There is a record of your trip and your driver registered somewhere with the company and the taxi will have a cell phone sometimes GPS on board.

There're are cheaper methods to getting to Miraflores like lugging your bag all the way to the street (about 10 minutes) and catching a street taxi. Yes you will save a few bucks (like about $8) but you also have increased your security risk as you are getting in an unknown car with an unknown driver and there is no record with anyone of the trip should there be a problem.

Travel well my friends.

Sly

Exoticspirit
02-27-24, 17:44
Well it's about time as this new airport express bus service from Lima looks pretty good!

https://www.airportexpresslima.com/