PDA

View Full Version : Is a "Phillippines Fight Club" thread a good idea?

Admin
11-01-09, 01:05
Greetings everyone,

It has been suggested to me that I start a "Philippines Fight Club" thread to give combative members a place to vent their aggressive behavior.

Personally, I'm against the idea, largely because personal experience with similar threads in other parts of this forum have lead me to conclude that, instead of providing a venue for members to argue to exhaustion, these "Fight Club" threads simply foster more bad behavior, generally reaching new heights of discord.

Anyway, I'm posting this survey to ascertain the opinions of the membership on this subject, so let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jackson

Starchild2012
11-01-09, 04:18
To Admin,

I would request you to please remove the old threads that are not active and useful before starting anymore new threads.

The newbies who join the ISG Philippines thread have to unnecessarily go to many threads to find what they are looking for.

The threads are:-

1.USA Politics >> No Post since 06/27/06

2. Domino in The Philippines >> No Post since 10-01-06

3. Quezon City > Double threads

4. Robbed walking on the street near L. A. Cafe > 05-27-09 >Has been debated long enough.

5. Wrong Info in Angeles City > 06-28-09 > Wroung info has not posted any post in PH thread for a long time.

and may be

What, if anything, should I do about The Departed and/or his reports? >>Departed had not posted any more info about his mongering and has already moved to Malaysia.

If we could clear these thread before starting new ones, it would be helpful for the newbies to find info easily.

Thanks.

Greetings everyone,

It has been suggested to me that I start a "Philippines Fight Club" thread to give combative members a place to vent their aggressive behavior.

Personally, I'm against the idea, largely because personal experience with similar threads in other parts of this forum have lead me to conclude that, instead of providing a venue for members to argue to exhaustion, these "Fight Club" threads simply foster more bad behavior, generally reaching new heights of discord.

Anyway, I'm posting this survey to ascertain the opinions of the membership on this subject, so let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Jackson

Warbucks
11-01-09, 06:36
Every so often someone will post something. Another guy takes offense and here we go and then the board has to read through all of it. The fight threads while they are silly provide some board members who seem to have something “against” other board members (for some odd reason which is crazy because most of us have never met each other and probably never will) the ability to attack each other while leaving the other threads intact. whoever said words don’t hurt apparently wasn’t an ISG member.

Run Mann
11-01-09, 10:23
First, fighting is already against the forum rules so by creating a FC thread; you would have to eliminate the no flaming rule for the PI board which would not only encourage but endorse fighting.

Second, In Theory, it's a good idea but in reality would turn into another useless thread like the Thai FG thread has become. Most of the fighting occurs in the main threads and members rarely take the time to move to their discussion to a specific thread even when they are not fighting because there's no incentive (or penalty) to do so. The oft-ignored Photo Gallery Chit-Chat and the Thai EXPAT threads are prime examples of threads that are largely ignored/abused.

Third, members would need some type of motivation or incentive to move their flaming to a specific thread and somehow get their opponent to follow-suit to make this work.

Brymor
11-01-09, 10:37
First, fighting is already against the forum rules so by creating a FC thread; you would have to eliminate the no flaming rule for the PI board which would not only encourage but endorse fighting.

Second, In Theory, it's a good idea but in reality would turn into another useless thread like the Thai FG thread has become. Most of the fighting occurs in the main threads and members rarely take the time to move to their discussion to a specific thread even when they are not fighting because there's no incentive (or penalties) to do so. The oft-ignored Photo Gallery Chit-Chat and the Thai EXPAT threads are prime examples threads that are largely ignored/abused.

Third, members would need some type of motivation or incentive to move their flaming to a specific thread and somehow get their opponent to follow-suit to make this work.

Totally agree with Run Mann, I don't think we should encourage childish, spiteful posts by giving these members licence to continue with this kind of behaviour. Also agree with Born Loser 5 in that there are many obsolete threads that need removing to tidy up the Philippines Forum. There is maybe a case for changing the 'other areas' thread into more specific areas for example some of the larger islands like Mindanao, Leyte etc....just a thought

Robbaf
11-01-09, 11:59
Every so often someone will post something. Another guy takes offense and here we go and then the board has to read through all of it. The fight threads while they are silly provide some board members who seem to have something “against” other board members (for some odd reason which is crazy because most of us have never met each other and probably never will) the ability to attack each other while leaving the other threads intact. whoever said words don’t hurt apparently wasn’t an ISG member.Words never hurt me, but they do offend me and others here.

I have met and partied with 15 memebers of ISG and never had a problem.

NicFrenchy
11-01-09, 16:19
Warbucks is right!

A FC thread is actually a good thing. This is a forum for grown men full of sperm so things can get misinterpreted and fly off-topic pretty often. Some members will hate each other's guts and rules or no rules, there will Always be flaming, that's human nature.

Why not understand that some people need to "Vent" and scream at each other? why try and force people to always do the right thing? what is this a fucking church?

We do have a fight club thread in the Thailand board adn it gets pretty entertaining sometimes.

I am all for a FC Thread.

NicFrenchy
11-01-09, 16:25
I have met and partied with 15 memebers of ISG and never had a problem.

So have I, but what's that have to do with a fight club?

Everyone knows that most member's Online Persona is different than the real person they are in life.

I constantly argue and fight with Tansak KTV (aka The Rabbit) on ISG but the truth is, we always meet up adn have a great time when he comes to Bangkok. He's a great successful guy in person.

Cunning Stunt
11-01-09, 16:41
Ah, there is really very little real spite in it, at least on a personal level. It would be pure stupidity to hate someone you have never met although you do get a strong sense of distaste towards certain individuals (as they may towards you). Sex forums are by their nature full of testosterone charged guys who are bound to lock horns once in a while but its really more like handbag at ten paces than any real nastiness. If we were to all meet together in a small room we would probably all [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) ourselves laughing. Either that or WWIII would break out;).

I think that a lot of misunderstandings are much more to do with cultural differences than anything else. Whilst the Brits and Antipodeans are used to [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140)-taking and self mockery as part of everyday male life, unfortunately irony does tends to skim over the heads of many other nationalities. Therefore comments which are meant purely in jest are interpreted as serious by those who do not understand the nuances. Similarly the dry humour of Americans is often lost on Brits and Antipodeans. And nobody understands Gallic and Teutonic humour, probably because it does not exist:D.

P.S - note to the moderator - pssst, you know that you have spelt Philippines wrong in the title?

Azmodeus Fl
11-01-09, 17:20
If it keeps the flaming out of the other boards then please create it. I hate it when you have two or three people posting back and forth as to who is right and who is wrong or the biggest idiot who ever lived.

FreebieFan
11-02-09, 00:42
Sure now and again someone says something that we don't like so we respond, but compared to most boards this one is quite laid back.

For the board with the least amount of "fights" try reading the KL Malaysia board. It goes like this." I went to massage parlour and scored a great chick, she was so wet and all over me."

Reply from a guy with 1 post will be " can you pm me her contacts"

Thats all that goes on on that board.

The Departed
11-02-09, 09:01
I see the problem lightly differently. The problems with Thailand especially but also the Philippines is, like all good brothels, they are open to everyone. You get cheap Charlies, Napoleon types (mount, fuck for five minutes, dismount), those who love and pamper their hookers and many more kinds of weirdos.
Prostitutes attract all kinds of moths to their flames. So too do you. You have guys just want information. You have 50+ stereotypical bald/fat/white guys who have to tell someone they finally lost their virginity to a brothel girl. Uou have guys just want to socialize (and many of the Thai fight club guys fall into that category). You have the totally naïve and the totally street smart, the criminal and the criminally innocent, the highly literate and the totally illiterate, the washed and the unwashed, the long winded and the anally retentive.
When all these guys post together, sparks and bullshit will fly.
With the Thai thread, you need a special quarantine section: Fight Club/All other business simply to dump the dross into. You probably need one here to dump all the bullshit into. But the bullshit will still seep out into the more mainstream threads.
Ideally, from some people’s point of view, reports would do a who, why, where, when, how much type format, perhaps on a form. But people, me being one, want very specific pointers concerning, for example safety. I want to know if I go into a place, I will not be knifed, shot, kidnapped, arrested or beheaded.
Though many of us are brothel rats, yet, in my case at least, some things never cease to amaze me. The main thing is how men can hand their hearts, wallets, balls and all else over to hookers. I find those things the most amazing reads here. In another contentious thread on the Thai board, there is a link to a millionaire, psychotic hooker. A warning to stay away from weirdos like that is valuable for all. The photos and erotic recounts, unless well written, do not interest me though they are probably your best and most popular perfume.
You are, in short, serving too many master and all you can really do is periodic cleanups. In a large and active site like this, there is no alternative. (I did not vote)

X Man
11-02-09, 10:12
Full of sperm? Speak for yourself Sperm boy!

Oh, wait. This is not the FC...not yet? :-)

X

This is a forum for grown men full of sperm ...SNIP

Slowalk
11-03-09, 03:29
This site has taken on a new unintended objective. Its not really a guide anymore. All the travell and places to visit information is buried within the mass of useless banter. (I'm guilty of contributing noise as well.) I was unable to use this site while touring Eastern Europe last spring. I advise everyone who asks travel advise for the places I've been to read the original WSG. Nothing has changed in 15 years.

Its up to you. Its your site. First, what's the purpose of the site? Is it a sex travel site? I voted the "Offensive Behavior..." answer. What's to gain from reading "name calling"?

NicFrenchy
11-03-09, 03:47
Full of sperm? Speak for yourself Sperm boy!

Oh, wait. This is not the FC...not yet? :-)

X

Right... can you do the same in English? I did not get it

Cunning Stunt
11-03-09, 04:11
This site has taken on a new unintended objective. Its not really a guide anymore. All the travell and places to visit information is buried within the mass of useless banter. (I'm guilty of contributing noise as well.) I was unable to use this site while touring Eastern Europe last spring. I advise everyone who asks travel advise for the places I've been to read the original WSG. Nothing has changed in 15 years.

You are right, of course, but if the forums consisted solely of reports, no one would need to pay membership fees and Jackson would starve to death.

I’m as guilty as the next man for posting meaningless piffle but I hope that I have leavened this with many hard and factual reports (and photos) and what is more I have provided members with contact details of highly recommended providers. This is the real meat behind the forums and it can still be found in abundance (although there is still not enough sharing of contact details).

When I am in UK, I rely on a site called p@nternet (name changed slightly) for p4p action. This well established and popular site is solely devoted to field reports on individual working girls (and orgy parties such a Lady Marmalade) and is an excellent up-to-date guide to what’s available, wherever that you happen to be in UK. Unfortunately (although it has been tried and failed) there is no international version. Maybe, there could be a separate thread on each forum devoted to field reports of this nature?

But, I know what you mean about meaningless one line comments. I’m guilty as charged but one of the worst culprits posted just before (and after, meat in the sandwich, eh) you and there are oh so many on the Thai Forum.

Robbaf
11-03-09, 22:36
So have I, but what's that have to do with a fight club?

Everyone knows that most member's Online Persona is different than the real person they are in life.

I constantly argue and fight with Tansak KTV (aka The Rabbit) on ISG but the truth is, we always meet up adn have a great time when he comes to Bangkok. He's a great successful guy in person.Nothing at all. I was replying to WB.

(for some odd reason which is crazy because most of us have never met each other and probably never will)

NicFrenchy
11-04-09, 06:23
The thing is, the way the forum is built isn't optimal for searching or getting info on places but if people would make a little effort and use the search Function correctly then they would easily find what they are looking for.

I have made a post on how to efficiently use the search: http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=642457&postcount=1203

Most people being accused of Chit-chatting on the forum are also the ones that write useful reports and provide newbies with informative answers to their (most of the time) dumb questions. So yes, sometimes there is a lot of blabber and not enough reports but then again, instead of wasting space crying about it, why not write reports of your own?

Cunning Stunt
11-04-09, 08:04
Most people being accused of Chit-chatting on the forum are also the ones that write useful reports and provide newbies with informative answers to their (most of the time) dumb questions. So yes, sometimes there is a lot of blabber and not enough reports but then again, instead of wasting space crying about it, why not write reports of your own?

I think that what Slowalk meant was that many active posters on ISG forums are reactors and not initiators. Simply put they answer posts of other members (Great pics, man …etc) but seldom introduce any fresh ideas or viewpoints of their own to throw into the mix. And I would hazard a guess that 90% of members regularly posting to the forums have not themselves submitted a real report on a girl/venue or place in the previous six months.

You, for example, used to post some great reports, particularly on the Bangkok MP scene. But ever since you threw your dummy out of the pram over the OTH saga, nada. You are now just another reactor cluttering up the ISG bandwith with smartass replies to other members posts but not sharing your real knowledge base. And before anyone points it out, I am aware that I am guilty of the former vice but not I think the latter.

FreebieFan
11-04-09, 08:25
Looks like the discussion has morphed from the need for a fight club (because ocassionally we can't stand each other, because we all monger in the same backyard and all think were invincible) etc into a " why are we here on the forum"

Theres a need for back chat, to prove who has the fastest quips and best retorts/one liners as well as the need for some genuine posts now and again.

Most countries and individual cities boards have got a mix of all the above although its true that as we all age, are less new to the board and become more familiar with each others styles, that the facts become less and the quips become more.

Unless of course you are ocassionally very well oiled and feel the need to vent. As ocassionally occurs.

Guilty on all counts Your Honour!

Run Mann
11-04-09, 10:01
If it keeps the flaming out of the other boards then please create it. I hate it when you have two or three people posting back and forth as to who is right and who is wrong or the biggest idiot who ever lived.
That’s just it, it won't stop it, most of us ignore the rules here, if we all followed the rules, this thread and the accompanied discussion would not be necessary. Slowalk is on the money, as structured today the purpose of this forum has become increasingly perplexing but it's still a great resource to fill a variety of needs.

Jambo
11-04-09, 15:31
I wish the forum structure as a whole allowed multiple sub-threads under the sections. So under "Manila" there could be a long thread just about LA Cafe, and other threads about the hotels and any changes.

Also would be fun under "Philippinas" to have some fun with "Lady looks Like a Dude" and "Chicks Sticking out their Tongue" threads and things like that.

But the forum has been like this for a long time, so no going back I suppose.

NicFrenchy
11-05-09, 01:39
Correct me if I am wrong but the real reason you stopped posting reviews was cause the Tulip girls you were screwing and reviewing, were reading those self same reviews, or being told of them, and they knew it was you who was posting those reviews.Yes, you need correction because you are wrong. That wasn't the reason at all. None of these girls ever knew who I was. and I have not been to Tulip since Jan 2008 (posted a lot of reviews since that date).

Tulip girls have always been reading reviews (still are now), the problem I had was getting bad PMs from total losers who printed my reviews and showed them to the girls, DEMANDING the same service.

Now if you have done a little P4P you will know that a girl's behavior can change from one guy to the next so what she allows a man to do, she might not do with the other one. Some people can't understand that.

Anyhow, nice attempt but that's not the reason.

Admin
12-03-09, 20:01
I wish the forum structure as a whole allowed multiple sub-threads under the sections. So under "Manila" there could be a long thread just about LA Cafe, and other threads about the hotels and any changes.

Also would be fun under "Philippinas" to have some fun with "Lady looks Like a Dude" and "Chicks Sticking out their Tongue" threads and things like that.

But the forum has been like this for a long time, so no going back I suppose.Hi Jambo,

Except that we'd end up with multiple threads about LA Cafe because some members would start a new LA Cafe thread every time they had something to ask or write about LA Cafe.

Thanks,

Jackson

Sxxxx
12-03-09, 21:28

But the forum has been like this for a long time, so no going back I suppose.Sorry , good grief no.

A new thread only when existing postings on a specific subject justifies it.

You do not create a thread and then hope the traffic follows , not in my mind anyway. Hope is not good enough , the traffic has to be already there.

Jan 156
12-24-09, 04:14
Hi Guys

I spend most of my time in other threads and have just popped onto the Philippines one for info, so I tend not to pick up on the personalities so
much (but I see the equivalents on the threads where I am more active). The questions seem to apply across the board so just offering my tuppence worth.*

Firstly, on the 'fight club' or having a dedicated thread for hostilities. I tend towards the view that on this particular board it might create more probs than it would solve. I've seen forums where there is an equivalent thread, and they can work to an extent as they provide a space where the hostilities just burn themselves out. But I think they work in those cases for two reasons:

Firstly there tends to be a hobby or club that has its own, natural, generally accepted 'good behaviour' rules. The interest in the hobby wins out. This isn't quite so easily the case with mongering. At root, there is no shared 'hobby' except with the women you monger with. Social interaction between mongers leading up to that tends, at least in my experience, to be based on other shared values and some chat about mongering at best. I might get on well with you cos we share common values, we both like biking or hanging at the beach, or cos I like you or like your posts. We might feel a mutual need or desire to share information. But there are too many, and often sharply divisive, attitudes to getting one's end away for that private act to become a shared bond. In itself, even before we consider a financial exchange, it hovers dangerously towards treating people (ie sexual partners) as a means to an end, rather than treating people as an end in themselves which is more 'correct' behaviour (unless the ultimate 'ends' are truly noble and shared as far as possible by both people). In non p4p situations, any over-investment in one's own selfish need is amplified by the idea of contract ("I'm paying for it therefore I'm entitled to it), as with any other service. But unlike other providers of services, whose work is not only generally accepted by society but accorded clearly defined rights, sex workers are vilified and disempowered. The monger's responsibility for acting as a decent human being in such circumstances is to a much greater extent a personal one. Any tendency towards abusiveness is amplified, for instance, and the woman lacks even the normal right of reply that can help curtail, for instance, domestic abuse. This doesn't imply mongers are abusers, any more than saying men generally are absive towards women. Just that the possibilities are greater and the monger has to hold himself more responsible and accountable if he cares to do so. That works its way down to how you use a forum to discuss and further such things, and the potential for some unreconstructed tosspot to shit-stir can be almost unlimited.*

Secondly, forums where 'fight club' threads work with any success, need to be heavily moderated, throwing combatants out to fight it out as soon as there is a general sense that it is the only way forward. Apart from the vast amount of work this would entail for Jackson, it would be almost impossible for one person, I feel, to be so deeply involved with everything that is going on, not just in one community, but in dozens. All at the same time. Neither do ISG members tend to welcome such a heavily moderated approach. Jackson tends to look at different solutions to different problems, rather than the one-answer-fits-all template that is the downfall of so many forum moderators. Often his ability to discuss it with members before making his decision (yes, his decision, it's not a 'democracy' lads, and neither could it work as such), that pause for thought, often leads to the aggro burning itself out without further action 'from above.'

Finally a thank you to the member who posted this (http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showpost.php?p=642457&postcount=1203) guide to using the search function.*

Using the search facility has its limits. Especially when people talk shit (I spent 20 minutes searching the Philippines forum yesterday and then just gave up and googled for what I needed to know). But NicFrenchy seems to have posted something that is worthy of a sticky or even an FAQ. (I'm going to try his instructions to the letter, rather than my usual way of searching, and then maybe cross-post it when I'm in other ISG boards rather than joining in the RTFF choruses.)

My apologies for typos on this long post - I'm just doing the reply from my
mobile phone. I'm also here on pre-trip research rather than report posting. I hope that anyone questioning whether I post any useful information to justify such digressions will maybe read my field reports in Brasil, UK, or even Cambodia.*

Regards