PDA

View Full Version : Cagayan De Oro City

Pages : 1 [2]

GoodEnough
05-23-13, 10:19
I arrived today in CDO, and it's my first visit after a long absence. The last time I was here, the Seda Hotel hadn't yet opened, now it has and so far it looks like a mixed blessing. The ambience is more or less "modern stark," an not unpleasant. The rooms are adequately sized, with modern, but inexpensive furnishings, a standard wall-mounted plasma TV, free Internet (Wifi) throughout, and what appears to be a built-in audio system. The location, immediately adjacent to the new Ayala Mall is excellent and since the lobby is on the 4th floor, and all the rooms are above the lobby, there's little to no noise from the street.

The service staff however seem to be still learning their jobs, and while quite pleasant, don't appear very quick or efficient. Check-in, for example took about twice as long as it should have. When I came to the desk, I handed over a credit card, and waited, and then waiting some more while the desk clerk fiddled with her computer. Eventually I asked if she like my confirmation number, and she appeared somewhat startled, saying something like: "Oh, you have a reservation?" You would think, would you not, that typing my name into the computer would have automatically alerted her to the fact that I had booked previously, but evidently she hadn't actually entered my name and was instead searching for rooms. While checking in, I asked at least twice if she was assigning me a smoking room with a large bed, to which she responded in the affirmative both times. Yet, on entering the room, the first thing I noticed was a little sign on the desk informing me that this is a non-smoking room, and the fact that there were no ashtrays more or less corroborated this assumption. Yet, when I called downstairs to inquire, I was assured again that indeed, mine is a smoking room, so I asked if that were true, why the sign telling me the opposite. I received the equivalent of a verbal deer in the headlights response; sort of a bewildered "huh?" About 20 minutes later, an ashtray arrived.

On a more positive note, the hotel driver met me at the airport as requested, in a new Toyota, and the driver was efficient in getting me here and quite pleasant.

On balance, the physical plant, being newer and un-worn, is significantly nicer than the Mallberry. I've not yet tried the breakfast (included in the room price) , but anything other than Jollibee would be preferable to the crap served at that hotel for breakfast, so I'm sure it will be a step up.

On balance, the hotel is attractive, utilitarian, and in no way elegant nor terribly sophisticated. I had expected something a bit more grand. I'm paying Php4, 200 with breakfast included, which is about Php1, 400 than I used to pay at the Mallberry, and the price differential is warranted.

GE

Red Kilt
05-23-13, 12:05
I. SNIP. While checking in, I asked at least twice if she was assigning me a smoking room with a large bed, to which she responded in the affirmative both times. Yet, on entering the room, the first thing I noticed was a little sign on the desk informing me that this is a non-smoking room, and the fact that there were no ashtrays more or less corroborated this assumption. Yet, when I called downstairs to inquire, I was assured again that indeed, mine is a smoking room, so I asked if that were true, why the sign telling me the opposite. I received the equivalent of a verbal deer in the headlights response; sort of a bewildered "huh?" About 20 minutes later, an ashtray arrived.That's a concern for me if they don't yet know which floors are segregated for smokers and non-smokers.

It's difficult to suddenly re-adjust a smoking room into a non-smoking one once they allow smokers in a room.

GoodEnough
05-24-13, 03:11
That's a concern for me if they don't yet know which floors are segregated for smokers and non-smokers.

It's difficult to suddenly re-adjust a smoking room into a non-smoking one once they allow smokers in a room.It gets worse. When I made my report yesterday, I hadn't yet tried to cope with their breakfast. Cold, buffet style and basically inedible, or with the atrocious lack of service in the dining area. I sat outside on an undecorated, unattractive terrace for 45 minutes without anyone clearing my table or asking if I might like some more coffee. That, plus yesterday's negative comments, plus the lack of hot water in the shower this morning have led me to conclude that this is worse than the Mallberry. At least in the latter there are 3-4 dining options and some of the food is not too bad. True, the service sucks in both places, but the Mallberry is also within easy walking distance of a reasonable restaurant. I won't stay here again.

GE

Dragon Slayer
05-28-13, 18:46
GoodEnough thankyou. At $ 105 / night the Seda is horrifically overpriced. Even at the fucking Mallberry they would approach me in the downstairs lobby café to inquire if I want more coffee, water, etc. And the Mallberry is close to Rosario Blvd and a good 30 places to eat. La Vetta is a decent restaurant run by European men.

In six visits to the Mallberry I tried the "free" breakfast once. It was beyond terrible! It opened at 06:00AM. I was there 35 minutes after it opened. Poached egss on a hot plate were ice cole, like they had been sitting there for an hour. Rice was hard enough to use to play hardball with here in America. I asked for coffee from a Staff of Five (5) Filipinos haging about doing

NOTHING. THey looked at me like I asked for a bottle of Krug 1995. Never did get the coffee. I left without eating anything.

But I pay a good deal less than P4100 at the Mallberry. Check in takes less than a minute as they have all my information. The Room is always Non Smoking. I will most likely visit CDO again this Trip. I will stay at the Mallberry. Is Stella still the GM?

Dragon Slayer

Spermhead
02-02-14, 15:26
Dear all members,

I will having an official visit this month and staying at Seda. May I have some info on any massage place around this hotel? Thinking of having lingam massage or any good 'extra'.

Thanks in advance.

Sojourner
05-22-14, 07:05
I am here in CDO and I staying at the Tune hotel. It is a lower budget place than those frequented by DS and GE, with a small room, but it is new, very clean and nicely appointed with a queen size bed. Someone with real interior design skills did the layout here so the tv is on the wall in front of the bed and there is a fold-out desktop for eating / writing on the wall beside the bed.

I can walk to Ayala or Geisano in less than 5 minutes and the staff here is friendly and well trained. The front desk staff appears tobe almost all female and from their looks I'd say the hiring manager is a guy with a good eye for beauty as well as good service skills.

Wifi is free here and you get a login good for up to 3 devices, flat screen tv with cable. Shower, not bath, No pool (to me a pool is a nice way to let a somewhat more modest girl to get half naked without fear). But if you want to stay fairly cheap and in a nice place, this seems quiet and very nice IMHO.

Dragon Slayer
06-01-14, 10:59
Sojourner,

Thank you. Prices per night for this Hotel please. For the guy inquiring about massage and at the SEDA. Go to the front desk.

And have them arrange your massage. I have never had a massage at any Place in CDO. With the dozens of Clubs with women dancing nude here, I am certain there have to bee hundreds of massage parlors. Most hotels have massage services. Inquire if it is just or massage or the girl will fuck / blow you for extra.

I will most likely skip CDO this coming Trip. I have birthdays for two of my sons and this will keep me busy as we will have parties both times.

Dragon Slayer.

Dragon Slayer
06-03-14, 10:02
Guys,

It has been four years since I was last in CDO. I like the city but the airport sucks and it has the most fucked up taxi drivers on the planet. All worthless pieces of shit who view foreigners / westerners, no matter how well dressed or articulate, as fools and wimps waiting to be ripped off. I have posted numerous times on how the Trip from the airport to the mallberry Hotel is around P160. Asshole cab drivers will grab your bags out of your hands and take them, running, to their vehicle and announce that they will give you a "very special rate" of 850 pesos to the Mallberry Hotel.

On a few occasions I had to literally rip my bags away from the cocksucker and threaten to drop him on the concrete. Security guards and airport personnel turn their backs on this and permit these scumbags to do what they wish. Most likely, they receive a payment for this "service" City Hall is too incompetent and much too corrupt to realize that they are losing tourist business.

Mallberry Hotel is equally incompetent. I gave up completely when, in April 2010, my teenage daughter was in a huge wedding at the home of a very wealthy Filipino Chinese Family in CDO. She was one of 12 bridesmaids. I made arrangements for her to stay at the Mallberry Hotel at my rate and I prepaid the bill. She registered and had a decent room. Each day she went with Family to use the swimming pool at the Hotel. Stella, then hotel GM personally assured me vai a phone conversation in April 2010 that my daughter could swim in the hotel pool "anytime she wished".

Each day when she went to the pool the asshole Filipino pool boy told her the pool was "Reserved" No one was in the pool and my daughter told me that no one went swimming in the pool over the next few hours. Still, asswipe would NOT permit her, as a paying guest to use the pool. I called Stella. As usual the lying tramp told me, "oh Sir Slayer, you are mistaken. She could use the pool anytime. FUCK YOU STELLA. I hope they fired her worthless, lying ass!

I am unaware of any decent hotel in CDO. I tried three other hotels in the past and they all were horrible. GoodEnough says there is no such thing as a decent hotel in CDO.

IN CDO there are tons of lovely ladies. However they are NOT accustomed to meeting western men. You must work three times as hard to meet lovely, young Filipinas in CDO as you do in Davao City, Cebu City, Makati City or Ormoc City. Plenty of pros here and far more Clubs with women dancing nude than the population would warrant. This of course means simply that poverty is rampant and work and employment in non existent.

In my six trips of a week each in CDO from 2008-2010 I never saw a single westerner except on the two occasions when I visited Spooks Club. This Club has no cover charge and no minimum. I found it to be a very sleazy club and did not return after my second visit. But I did notice some extremely slimy looking ex-pats here. No one I would allow within a hundred meters of me however.

Dragon Slayer.

Golfinho
06-03-14, 14:26
I visited Spooks Club. This Club has no cover charge and no minimum. I found it to be a very sleazy club and did not return after my second visit. But I did notice some extremely slimy looking ex-pats here. No one I would allow within a hundred meters of me however.

Dragon Slayer.How are you defining 'slimy' Slayer?

Dwight Fry
06-03-14, 21:16
It has been four years since I was last in CDO. I like the city but the airport sucks and it has the most fucked up taxi drivers on the planet.You have been away too long! The new airport is about a hour away from CDO towards Illigan. Shuttle buses have fixed price to town. There are a few new hotels popping up including Tune.

Dragon Slayer
06-04-14, 06:32
Golfino,

Are you a Regular at Spooks? I stated that I visited ONLY twice. First time I did not like the layout or the idea of no minimum spending and no cover to get in to the Club. In other words, the very detritus of society can enter. This is NEVER good for any establishment. And, at 6'4" 240 lbs and liking to dress nicely (imported swiss cotton long sleeve, oxford cut dress shirts, black leather florsheim shoes, black socks, dark, custom made cashmere wool pants) I sort of stick out in most places in the Philippines. On my second visit to Spooks Club I ordered a draft beer, left it at my table where I was sitting alone and covered it with a napkin as I hit the toilet to take a [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140). Got back and three lowlife Filipinos were in my seats And one or all drank my beer.

I handled the above matter very diplomatically. Told the four what puny little pieces of shit they were and to get the fuck up and join me outside for some karate lessons. None would speak or move. ALL looked like they were witnessing Judgment Day. I then yelled some explitives at them concerning what I did to their sisters and wives / girlfriends. Still nothing. Wondered if the little cocsuckers did not understand English or were all deaf! I tired of this and decided to simply depart. Told the Manager and the bartender of my experience. No reply from either so I gave them a FUCK You and left. Never to return!

On each occasion I saw some older ex-pats of unknown origin dressed like they lived on the streets with unkempt hair they might have washed a week earlier. Looked at if they cut their own hair in front of a mirror to save fifty pesos. Of course they were all smoking but then 90% of ex-pats I meet in the Philippines are heavy smokers. Their very demeanor and appearance was that of someone who could give a fuck how he looked or what anyone thought of him.

The significance of this is not that they appeared to be slimy, but that this was the only occasion in any of my six visits to CDO, each of a week in length from 2008-2010. I saw one guy with the owner of La Vetta once and that was it. I frequented Fantastic Club regularly and saw only filipinos in there I never had any trouble there or in any other Club that I visited. Only other westerner I saw at Mallberry Hotel was GoodEnough when he was in CDO on business. Otherwise the Hotel was full of Filipino guests.

In Davao City, Cebu City, Makati and even Ormoc City on Leyte, I run into many westerners either visiting or living there. I do not seek out these men, they just are at the same restaurants, Cafes and coffee shops I frequent. Where the ex-pats hang out in CDO is for their crown solely.

Dragon Slayer.

Golfinho
06-04-14, 06:41
I visited ONLY twice. no minimum spending and no cover to get in to the Club. In other words, the very detritus of society can enter. This is NEVER good for any establishment. And, at 6'4" 240 lbs and liking to dress nicely (imported swiss cotton long sleeve, oxford cut dress shirts, black leather florsheim shoes, black socks, dark, custom made cashmere wool pants) I sort of stick out in most places in the Philippines. On my second visit to Spooks Club I ordered a draft beer, left it at my table where I was sitting alone and covered it with a napkin as I hit the toilet to take a [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140). Got back and three lowlife Filipinos were in my seats And one or all drank my beer.Never been nor likely to go. Clearly sounds like a place of note for the low budget exclusively. Was the air conditioning adequate to your sartorial accoutrement?

Dragon Slayer
06-24-14, 14:26
Golfino,

The a / see at Spooks Club was okay. Drink prices (beer is all I drank there) were same as in other Clubs. Women were very primitive as if they were "caught in the Bush and dropped off at the Club". Women got nuce on stage and some were hot looking. I tried to buy one a drink but she could not speak any English.

I had better luck at other Clubs but I advise ALL to avoid the sleazy Club, Hot Babes. This is located at the end of a cul de sac a block away from the Club, Fantastic (now under a different name). I took a girl out of here and we returned to Mallberry Hotel. In my room she got naked, laid on the bed covering her face and pretending to be crying I told her to leave and she jumped up like a spider had bitten her. She called a friend on her cellphone and was out of my room in under a minute, fully dressed. I paid a hefty barfine for nothing!

The friend was most likely waiting outside the hotel or down on Rosario St for her. She had planned this and just wanted to get her share of the barfine and then head off with her friend for the balance of the night. To be honest, I had most fucked up experiences with women in CDO than all the other Philippine cities I visited combined.

Dwight Fry,

Yes it has been four years since I last visited CDO. Just could not think of a good reason to go there. My daughter did not even like the city and hated the Mallberry Hotel. She likes Davao City, Ormoc and Cebu City. Only Hotel I ever heard her complain about was the Mallberry Hotel.

Dragon Slayer.

WestCoast1
06-27-14, 02:26
One of the many, many older hotels in the Divisoria section of town on Velez, corner Pacana. Typical facade, decent lobby and restaurant. Rooms are dated and in need of paint. I had a Business Class room (least expensive) at p1950/ night (breakfast included for 2; and +250 for extra girl, and boy did I have an extra girl on certain days). The Staff is very good, from door security to the front desk and the room cleaners. My name was remembered and they went out of their way to accomodate me.

In the area: Around the corner on Borja street is a salon; got a hair cut and manicure. Across Velez corner Borja is a bread bake shop; ever morning I stop and pick up 50-100 p hopia or such and give to the Staff as tip. Up the street towards the city park on Neri St is Jolibee, and one block over from that on Tiano St is a McDo (open early). One block from the hotel on Pacana is Innovations Laundry. Across the street from Innovations is a coffee shop with free wifi. One block north from the hotel on Velez is a restaurant (Bagong Lipunan) with a sign that says "Best Pancit in town", and dammit, its true (try the guisado). Its a gritty area (most of CDO is gritty), but everything in the world is a 5-minute taxi ride away. In the area is Beat and Pulse discos (next door to each other and across from Dynasty Court hotel, which closed since Christmas and has reopened). Pulse has a cover charge, and is probably the most popular place in town. We went early on a Saturday to get a table, and the the place packed up by 10 pm. There are two malls (Centrio / Ayala and KetKai) within 7 minutes by taxi, and at least one market area (Cogon) about a 7 minute walk from the hotel. Along the Neri street in the area of McDonalds is a fresh-fruit vendors area; plenty of bananas / apples / mango on the cheap.

Hotel breakfast is buffet with the usual assortments of eggs, fish, meats, fruits, coffee / juice (see pic).

Wifi was typical provincial slow, router too far down the hall, and disconnected about 2 x / day.

http://www.theviphotel.com.ph/rates.html

Dragon Slayer
06-28-14, 03:52
WestCoast 1,

Thank you for your Report. Does this Hotel have a swimming pool? What is the price per night for the nicer rooms? Does the Hotel have a separate Bar area where you can go for a drink with a lady? How is the evening dinner? Is Room Service any good? Do they have a good Beef Tenderloin steak on the menu?

Tell of the "extra girl" you had. Guys enjoy hearing these stories.

Guys,

In CDO I had some very bizarre occurrences with woman there. I posted years ago here on most of these. Like the girl who worked right next door from the Mallberry hotel at Limkatkai Mall. For a week I tried to get her to come by for lunch or dinner but she claimed to have to work. Not until I was checking out and flying to Davao City (mercifully), did she get "All excited" about meeting me. I told her emphatically to NOT COME TO MY HOTEL AS I WAS LEAVING. In spite of this, she came by with a gorgeous friend who did not utter a single word (mute?

I was literally packed and on my way downstairs with my bags when she knocked at my door. I told her she had a week to meet me but refused. I said, "I have a flight to take now out of here (mercifully). I have no time for you". She kept on talking, about what, I have no fucking clue. She simply wanted to tell her friends and family she had met a foreigner. Texted me as I was in the taxi saying "how happy" she was to have met me (what the fuck! I texted back two words: "Blow me"!

Dragon Slayer.

WestCoast1
06-28-14, 04:54
WestCoast 1,

Thank you for your Report. Does this Hotel have a swimming pool? What is the price per night for the nicer rooms? Does the Hotel have a separate Bar area where you can go for a drink with a lady? How is the evening dinner? Is Room Service any good? Do they have a good Beef Tenderloin steak on the menu?

Tell of the "extra girl" you had. Guys enjoy hearing these stories.No pool. Prices for the rooms, per the website:

Business Class P1,950.00. VIP Class P2,800.00. Junior Suite P3,200.00. Executive Suite P3,800.00.

I asked the front desk about the better rooms, and I waltzed into some while the maids were cleaning them. They are simply bigger versions of my room, with more beds, or couches and a separate living area. These rooms are also in need of renovation. This is a 3-star hotel, in need of renovations. Don't let the name fool you, its little different than Marigold (now closed) or Philtown or Dynasty Court; nothing on the order of Mallberry, KetKai Luxe, or Seda. There is no hotel bar, just the dining room, and they serve beer (I didn't see liquor). I did not partake of dinner or room service. I tend to stay away from hotel dinners or room service for a reason: the girl is with me, and almost every time the ambiance or the situation is lost on pinay. They are much more attuned to bbq or Mcdo, and the experience is wasted on them.

In CDO I had some very bizarre occurrences with woman there. SNIP

I was literally packed and on my way downstairs with my bags when she knocked at my door. I told her she had a week to meet me but refused. I said, "I have a flight to take now out of here (mercifully). I have no time for you". She kept on talking, about what, I have no fucking clue. She simply wanted to tell her friends and family she had met a foreigner. Texted me as I was in the taxi saying "how happy" she was to have met me (what the fuck! I texted back two words: "Blow me"!

Dragon Slayer.In the same vein, I thought only I had these kinds of experiences. I've had this kind of experience in CDO, Butuan, and Surigao. In YM chat prior to my trip, she's keen to meet. Then when I'm in town she has trabajo that keeps her too busy to meet (two days previous in chat she was unemployed and bored). She txts daily with "How are you" and "don't forget your breakfast" and "What are you doing now?" drivel. Then on my last day when I'm checking out of the hotel she suddenly is racing to the hotel to meet me in a jeep / tryke. WTF? When I txt back that the hotel car is now dropping me at the airport, she txts back for me to wait there, as she's now on her way to the airport. WTF?

In a stranger vein, an online chatmate I've known for over a year wanted to meet. I dropped my luggage in the room on my first night, and sent her a txt. Right away she shot back: "I'm coming there to your hotel now. Want to spend the night with you there. " Ding ding ding we have a winner! I met her outside the lobby and she brought a friend. I suggested a drink. They took me up the street to a bar and we got some beers. I asked how old the friend was and she said 15. Shit! I made an excuse (tired from the flight) and went back to the room. She txt for hours and hours wanting to come to the hotel. In the morning she txt and I asked her to stop by. We chat in the lobby for a bit and she tells me her father wants to meet, because she told him she spent the night with me. Shit! No thanks, go home and tell him the truth please. The next day she stopped by unannounced and we chat in the room for a bit. She showed me pics of her son, and her FB. I asked her specifically if she remembered talking about sex in YM as a condidtion of staying with me. She said yes, but she could not have sex with me. She just wanted to stay and spend the night, minus sex. See ya honey.

For the next several days she was full of txts requesting she spend the night, no sex. I find this, and the previous shy behavior that DS describes (wants to meet, makes excuses not to meet, then at the very end comes screaming to the hotel to meet), both very odd. Other gent's explainations are welcome.

WC.

DS I will PM you with some hotel info.

Red Kilt
06-28-14, 11:54
No pool. Prices for the rooms, per the website:

Business Class P1,950.00. VIP Class P2,800.00. Junior Suite P3,200.00. Executive Suite P3,800.00.

I asked the front desk about the better rooms, and I waltzed into some while the maids were cleaning them. They are simply bigger versions of my room, with more beds, or couches and a separate living area. These rooms are also in need of renovation. This is a 3-star hotel, in need of renovations. Don't let the name fool you, its little different than Marigold (now closed) or Philtown or Dynasty Court; nothing on the order of Mallberry, KetKai Luxe, or Seda. There is no hotel bar, just the dining room, and they serve beer (I didn't see liquour. WC you must have stayed there when there was no workshop or seminar being held.

VIP Hotel is used by government agencies for large seminar groups. They place additional mattresses in the "larger rooms" so that participants can stay 4 and 5 in a room which means their per diems will go much further since they share the (discounted) room charge.

I stayed there many times between 1998 to 2002 as part of the training groups for 2 separate government agencies. We could fit 100 to 120 people into the place easily. I used to be given one of the "special" rooms because I was a VIP but believe me it was still very ordinary.

All food was very mediocre and was the buffet-style which is the usual fare for workshops / seminars.

VIP Hotel is DEFINITELY only a 2 or 3 star place.

It is most definitely NOT a place for DS to contemplate.

WestCoast1
06-28-14, 12:47
WC you must have stayed there when there was no workshop or seminar being held.

VIP Hotel is used by government agencies for large seminar groups. They place additional mattresses in the "larger rooms" so that participants can stay 4 and 5 in a room which means their per diems will go much further since they share the (discounted) room charge.
There was in fact a seminar going on, twice. For the first one (my second night there), a international NGO used the restaurant over 2 days and one night. Lots of customers in the rooms. For the second seminar a group had the restaurant just for the day, and I did not see any of the participants head to the elevator. In fact, other than my second night, I only saw two other guests utilize a hotel room on my floor, and each was there on the third night, for one night only. Other than the second night (seminar) and third night (one of those two guys just mentioned), I did not see a single guest use the elevator. My girl and her friend had been over several nights, and they would use the large open area just outside my hotel door in the hallway to get a better wifi signal on their phone, and one of them asked me if there were any other guests in the hotel. I could not confirm that, so for fun we walked the hallways of several floors, quitely, listening for any sign of activity. Nothing.

In a related item, I stayed in a neighboring province at the city's hotel / convention center, several nights. I checked in at noon, and didn't see another hotel guest the entire time. My girl and I would see hotel employees, cleaning (unoccupied) rooms, workers working on things. For 2 days the place was silent except for my girl and I. Finally several small seminars came in one morning, to be gone by evening. Still no customers in the hotel rooms. On our way out to dinner one evening I asked the girl at the front desk if I was the only customer. "Yes sir you are. " Um, is this an off-season for your hotel? "No sir! We don't need customers to fill the rooms. We can have conventions only. " Um, so the hotel could go unused for a month and that would be OK? "Yes sir. " In other words, my pesos were gravy. The hotel also rents the use of the pool to the public, and daily / nightly we saw quite a few locals paying the fee to swim.

Staying in Butuan last year for a few nights at Dottie's Hotel along the highway into town, a Mayor's convention descended on the lobby one morning. Mayor's (and staff) from all over the country showed up. Dottie's is a 3-star place. Admittedly it has a nice pool and outdoor eating area. But no wifi in the rooms. The various Mayor's staffs started showing up around 10 am. The rooms were not ready. The lobby (its large) filled with hundreds of people by noon. There is wifi in the lobby (and out by the pool), which quickly bogged down and died from all the laptops that popped out while conventioneers waited for rooms to be readied. Why would the annual Mayor's convention choose Butuan? Or this hotel? There's a clearly nicer place (Altamont Inland Resort) just across the street with much nicer facilities.

Dragon Slayer
06-30-14, 15:06
Guys,

Thank you for your input. Westcoast1 I remember GoodEnough telling me back in 2009 about the VIP Hotel, "believe me Slayer, you DO NOT want to stay there". Any Hotel that specializes in conventions or seminars is NOT going to be a good place to stay. I will report on my former Hotel in Cebu, Crowne Regency, and how it deteriorated in quality and service once it began the "Seminar Trade".

Has anyone EVER gone swimming in the pool at Mallberry Hotel? I asked this back in 2010 and again last year. No replys! I heard so fucking many guys complain of being told that the pool was "unavailable" by the puny cocksucker who works there, I could not believe it. Each time, the pool was empty. Then my daughter and her cousins twice went to go swimming in the pool when she was a Guest at Mallberry Hotel. Each time the asshole told her it was "reserved". Of course it was EMPTY!

I had received a personal assurance by Stella, Hotel GM back then, that my Daughter could swim in the pool whenever she wished. This was the FINALITY for me! Stella has no control over her Hotel! She tells foreign guests what they want to hear and denys everything later ("oh no, you must be mistaken. She could use the pool any time she wanted".

One of my other WEIRD EXPERIENCES came when I had some Filipina, age 23, come to my room to meet me. She was one of there "born again" thumpers, preaching gospel and talking non-stop on this topic. I could not figure what switch would turn her off. Then the asshole from the Hotel comes by to fix the wifi connection for me. He ignores me and asks her in vasayan how she knows me (none of his fucking business). I have to personally escort him from the Room and slamming the door shut on his fucking nose! I then escort Miss Bibile Gospel Lady out the same way.

Dragon Slayer.

Dragon Slayer
06-30-14, 15:24
Guys,

Another strange experience was with the Lady I met in CDO back in 2009. She owned her own dress shop on a street literally full of these Dress Shops. Lived with her daughter and Father in an apartment above the Shop. She dressed like she lived on the streets in very poor clothing. Yet she owned a four wheel drive truck and a motorcycle which she rode to see me each time at the Hotel.

This girl looked much, much better with her clothes off! She had a great body and was a fantastic fuck. Problem was, she had recently been dumped by "Gas Station Steve", who lived in and worked at a Gas Station owned by himself and his family in a rural part of Canada. He also smoked three packs of Marlboros and could not get his dick up even with Viagra or Cialis. As a result, she became a World Class Blowjob Girl! Gave me a fantastic BJ 10 minutes after we met. Another one an hour or so later. She sucked up and down T Rex like there was no tomorrow! When I "shot a load" into her mouth, she drank it like a starving woman.

I got her into fucking on the second day we met, a Sunday. It was like she was Reborn! We fucked four (4) times that Sunday and I came inside her each time. She screamed and wailed outloud and sounded like a banshee over the marshes of southern Ireland on a cold autumn night! She then wanted to fuck all the time! I had to insist on a BJ to get her to give me another one of her awesome blows. And Did She Ever Blow Me!

Problem with her was she was always dressed like a street urchin and kept badgering me to stop dressing nicely and wear a white t-shirt, shorts (fucking shorts? Bare feet and sandals. I told her I would NOT go into the back yard of my Home looking like that! And she did not like dining out at any place but a carenderia or fast food place. I think she really missed Service Station Steve and re-live that time.

No amount of explaining that Gentlemen DO NOT dress in such a manner or that I like to dine at decent places (La Vetta is the only one I know of in CDO) would suffice. When I left CDO I appreciated fucking her and her fabulous bjs but I knew she was not a lady I wanted to spend any more time around. Later I met the gorgeous 21 year old who danced at Fantastic and everything changed. Requires separate post.

Funny how the best woman I ever met in CDO was a prostitute and dancer at Fantastic Club. And she DID dress very nicely and act like a Lady wherever we went. GoodEnough was more than a little shocked when he heard I was bring her with me to Davao ("You are hanging out with a CDO prostitute! Slayer have you lost your fucking mind? What! You are bring her to Davao! You have lost your mind!

She looked absolutely gorgeous and treated me great. She was a Lady in every way. I fucked it up!

Dragon Slayer.

WestCoast1
07-24-14, 05:14
From the main forum:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1012-Other-Areas&p=1598078&viewfull=1#post1598078.

Dragon Slayer
07-25-14, 06:37
Guys,

I get texts on how and where to meet lovely, CDO pussy. I seriously recommend hitting the Club formerly known as Fantastic. The guys at the Mallberry and taxi drivers will know wher it is and what its new Name is today. Melody, my former Honey in CDO, was working here when I met her. Her Family knew where she worked and had no problem with this apparently. Fuck, they desperately needed money.

Melody lived in the squalid dump, Carmen, with her family. She had younger sisters at the time age 16,18 and 19 and 20. The 19 year old turned 19 when I was there and I took the Family to La Vetta to celebrate this. Her 20 year old sister gave birth. Her 16 year old sister, pregnant at 15, miscarried. All of this in the week I visited CDO that time. Last I heard from Melody, her 16 year old sister was pregnant again by another Filipino piece of shit. Like the first Piece of Shit, this POS ran off once he heard she was pregnant. The beautiful 18 & 19 year olds, both in college studying back then, had gotten pregnant. Both by Filipino Pieces of Shit that ran off once they got the girl pregnant. I am certain they had to drop out of School.

The 20 year old who gave birth was there with a lowlife Filipino, unemployed (of course) and living with her Family in the shack they called a home (when I raised dogs, I kept them in a place far nicer and cleaner than this shack). While I was with Melody, the guy had punched his pregnant girlfriend (the 20 year old). She was 9 months pregnant but this had nothing to do with stopping this Piece of Shit from showing her who was the boss.

I would bet serious money that ALL if NOT MOST of these ladies are TODAY dancing NUDE at the Club Fantastic (new Name? My guess is that Melody has returned to CDO and resumed work at Fantastic. All of these women would be great fucks and give great blowjobs. I will see what I can if I get to CDO.

Dragon Slayer.

Brastrav
07-27-14, 16:36
Gents,

As you might know the new airport of Cagayan de Oro is called Laguindingan Airport. According to Google Maps it's more or less 33 km away from Cagayan de Oro city centre. What is the best and cheapest way to go to the city centre from the airport and go back to the airport again? Are the shuttle buses with fixed prices the only option? Taxi's? Other possibilities? Any information is very welcome.

You have been away too long! The new airport is about a hour away from CDO towards Illigan. Shuttle buses have fixed price to town. There are a few new hotels popping up including Tune.

WestCoast1
07-27-14, 21:13
Gents,

As you might know the new airport of Cagayan de Oro is called Laguindingan Airport. According to Google Maps it's more or less 33 km away from Cagayan de Oro city centre. What is the best and cheapest way to go to the city centre from the airport and go back to the airport again? Are the shuttle buses with fixed prices the only option? Taxi's? Other possibilities? Any information is very welcome.You walk out of the airport with your luggage. Lots of touts for the shuttle vans. You can choose any of half a dozen companies that have vans on the premises, waiting to take people directly to your hotel. Cost is p199 for most ever van there (they tell you up front). The only (occasional) problem is: you have to wait in the van until it has enough passengers to make the trip into town (about 50 minutes). Return trip is identical. Magnum is one such service I've used this way several times. There are vans that hold about 8 passengers, and some larger shuttle busses that hold about 20. I would guess a taxi to / from the airport would want about 400 pesos.

Amanut
07-27-14, 22:57
You walk out of the airport with your luggage. Lots of touts for the shuttle vans. You can choose any of half a dozen companies that have vans on the premises, waiting to take people directly to your hotel. Cost is p199 for most ever van there (they tell you up front). The only (occasional) problem is: you have to wait in the van until it has enough passengers to make the trip into town (about 50 minutes). Return trip is identical. Magnum is one such service I've used this way several times. There are vans that hold about 8 passengers, and some larger shuttle busses that hold about 20. I would guess a taxi to / from the airport would want about 400 pesos.When I was there in October 2012 I took a taxi both ways. As I recall it was 300 or 350 pesos each way.

KongKing
07-28-14, 02:45
When I was there in October 2012 I took a taxi both ways. As I recall it was 300 or 350 pesos each way.If you are talking October 2012 then you are talking about the old Lumbia airport, closed since June 2013. I think you might have been had with a 300-350 charge. Metered taxis would have charged you 140-160 from Lumbia to downtown, But that is history now.

You walk out of the airport with your luggage. Lots of touts for the shuttle vans. You can choose any of half a dozen companies that have vans on the premises, waiting to take people directly to your hotel. Cost is p199 for most ever van there (they tell you up front). The only (occasional) problem is: you have to wait in the van until it has enough passengers to make the trip into town (about 50 minutes). Return trip is identical. Magnum is one such service I've used this way several times. There are vans that hold about 8 passengers, and some larger shuttle busses that hold about 20. I would guess a taxi to / from the airport would want about 400 pesos.Good info there Westcoast. There are yellow airport metered taxis and for downtown CdO expect 450-600 p.

KongKing.

Amanut
07-28-14, 04:06
If you are talking October 2012 then you are talking about the old Lumbia airport, closed since June 2013. I think you might have been had with a 300-350 charge. Metered taxis would have charged you 140-160 from Lumbia to downtown, But that is history now.
KongKing.You are correct wrong airport. I figured that out just after the edit button disappeared LOL. The reason it sticks in my mind is that I landed without a hotel so called booked at the Mallberry Suites from the airport. While I was on the phone with them I asked what the taxi rate should be. They told me I would be asked for 350 but 300 was fine LOL. Not important in the grande scheme of things as I convinced a Filipina there to try her first cim which was followed by a swallow. That's important LOL.

Dragon Slayer
07-28-14, 04:58
Guys,

I had an 18 year old in CDO take a 10 hour bus ride to Davao City. My son had been dropped off by his Mother earlier that day. No way I could return him as this would give her all she needs of an excuse to keep him from me. So it meant no pussy. She had to fly back Sunday morning on the only flight from Davao to CDO. Had classes Monday.

She told me that Fantastic is still operating under that Name. Has a neighbor who dances there. So this IS definitely a Place to visit. I tried six (6) Clubs in CDO and I liked this one the best. I did NOT like Spooks at all.

Dragon Slayer.

Jp Slicky
07-28-14, 12:54
Would have be possible to get a babysitter while you did your deed?

KongKing
07-29-14, 21:33
She told me that Fantastic is still operating under that Name. Has a neighbor who dances there. So this IS definitely a Place to visit. I tried six (6) Clubs in CDO and I liked this one the best. I did NOT like Spooks at all.Dragon Slayer.As with a lot of DS reflections he is relying on long term memory. Spooks has been closed for 4 years. Syreens replaced it and that too has gone. Downstairs is now a coffee shop and a poor version of a sports bar. Upstairs is a night-club called GHQ (General Headquarters). A reasonable show can be viewed there with some of the old stage hands, but also with some fresh new youngsters.

Fantastic moved more than 2 years ago from its downtown Divisoria site to about a kilometer up Tiano Brothers Street alongside Lexis Grill, and near to Philtown Hotel and Star Entertainment. It is a shadow of its former self. Two visits this last year and the place was pretty near empty. The only redeeming feature is they have thrown away the plastic white cane chairs they had in the former place and replaced them with nice comfortable lounge seats (like GHQ, Club Love Oro and Gion).

KongKing.

Dragon Slayer
08-02-14, 05:05
JP Slicky,

I thought of that. My Son would be a little upset perhaps. Also, I was not sure as to how, in a 5 Star Hotel, to request a Sitter and a separate room for some serious fucking. Nothing in this Hotel is cheap. Can imagine the Fee for an extra room to fuck my brains out. I should have determined if she could stay longer before having her go to Davao My Son was picked up by his Mother late Sunday afternoon.

Kong King,

You know from my Posts that my last Trip to CDO was in February 2010. My Daughter came in April 2010 to be a bridesmaid in a huge wedding. She stayed at the Mallberry and was NOT a Happy Guest.

I considered making the Trip this time but decided against it. Be back soon and I will fly direct from Manila to CDO.

Dragon Slayer.

Dragon Slayer
08-21-14, 12:54
Guys,

This upcoming Trip I will visit CDO again. Been three and one half years now. I was there for a week each time for six visits in 2009 & 2010; last trip was in February 2011. Just got sick of the Mallberry Hotel and the fact that many of the women here are interested in meeting foreigners, BUT ONLY IF you pay them P 1500 - 2000 for fucking them. Not a lot of money but the idea that you must pay the women just to come see you sort of turns me off. I can easily hit the CLubs here (there are dozens of them) and have women meet me back at my hotel to fuck me when they get off work. Idea of having a regular lady come by but expect payment is a bit much.

I do think the city warrants a visit after a long time away. I will check out the Limkatkai Hotel and stay there or at the Mallberry Hotel. After all this time things might have improved. A new GM may have helped.

I finally got online in my Facebook after more than a year absence. Found a message there from last November sent by Melody, my Lady whom I met in CDO back in January 2010. She was dancing then at Fantastic Club. I messed this up months later when she viewed my camera and saw photos of a girl in Davao giving me a blowjob (damn good BJ I might add). She would not see me after this and a Trip to CDO to get her was useless as she had moved to Manila to live with the sister of her worthless Father.

Time changes things. So, I think a Trip is in order. I know the Family Name and the Barangay (real fucking dump). I think I can go during the day and ask for the Family and I should have no trouble, especially if I spend a little money. I saw a photo of her four younger sisters who, back then, were age 16,18, 19 & 20. I met the 18 & 19 year olds then and they were both beautiful. Last I heard all four (4) were pregnant back in 2010. All the Filipino guys had disappeared leaving the girls alone. I imagine the Place where they live is now full of little babies running around.

This could be fun.

Dragon Slayer.

WestCoast1
08-21-14, 13:40
Guys,

I do think the city warrants a visit after a long time away. I will check out the Limkatkai Hotel and stay there or at the Mallberry Hotel. After all this time things might have improved. A new GM may have helped.

This could be fun.

Dragon Slayer.Consider half your nights at each hotel. I'm interested in your comparison. The pool water at the Luxe when I was there was heated.

Dragon Slayer
09-18-14, 17:18
Guys,

I got an I'm when I was online from the 18 year old here that I had come by bus to meet me in Davao City last July. She was the one who arrived at 12:30 AM Saturday night and wanted to eat. I order room service for her and she eats a full meal and tells me she needs to sleep. SO, she goes to sleep. I had my Son dropped off unexpectedly by his mother the afternoon before. I often fight with the "demon from hell" over time with my Son. Cutting off the money flow always works. But I was NOT going to refuse to get him, ginving her another excuse not to let me have him.

During Saturday she dines with us in the private, rooftop Club and then we tour the Hotel. Afterwards, I purchase a MP polo shirt for her and take her to Henny's De Bonte Koe Restaurant. She is constantly complaining about how "bored" she is. Reminds me of the first time I had the other, huge titted, 19 year old in Cebu fly to Davao City. Like her, this one lives in a slum area in CDO close to Barangay Carmen. I have been to Carmen a few times. It is absolutely terrible!

Anyway, I flew her back to CDO at dawn. She hustles some money out of me when home, saying she will use it to return to Davao for me. Naturally, this does not happen. Undeterred, the little tramp opens a webcam last week to chat with me. She looks quite ugly without the makeup. But she has a very cute 18 year old girl friend with her. I get the other girl's cellphone # in the off chance I visit CDO soon. Meanwhile, Hustler is telling me she is "so hungry" and needs money for Jollibee (fast food chain in Phils; my children all love it). I remind her o fhow she treated me when in Davao City (for only one day).

She is undeterred by anything that I say. Insists that I wire her money and I simply and politely reply, "go fuck yourself"! She calls me koripot (vasayan for stingy) and I reply, "Right"! She goes offline and hopefully will not be heard from agin. I still might try the girlfriend. She is just another hustler but she is also cute and might just fuck me for the hope of dollars.

Dragon Slayer.

Questor55
10-06-14, 19:00
Two foreign nationals, one in his late sixties and the other in his seventies, were murdered yesterday at a beach resort in Opol, the beach area close to CDO. The two Swiss citizens were reported to be there with two Filipinas. They were shot and killed in the parking lot of a beach resort.

See The Inquirer newspaper for more details.

Dragon Slayer
10-16-14, 10:08
questor55,

thank you.

guys,

when you get to cdo you are in a pretty remote part of the mindanao. the mindanao has often been referred to the "wild west" part of the philippines. it is a place where the people are very poor and life is deemed cheap. many of these resorts are located away from populations and have little or nothing in the way of trained security personnel. you need to be aware if you venture into any of these areas.

i imagine many of you read the articles about the young couple from thee uk who were vacationing in phukhet thailand. i saw a photo. the girl was a very beautiful, slender blonde. she was with her boyfriend at a resort and was seen in a tiny bikini bathing or walking about. they were attacked by two young punk migrant workers from myanmar (burma). in the photo the two could easily pass for 16. neither one could have been more than 5'3" tall or weigh more than 110 lbs. they assaulted the couple with garden hoes. killed the man, then they both raped the woman and then killed her. they were quickly caught and had blood from the crime on their clothing and hair particles from the girl they both raped.

you do have to use common sense and care when you travel to southeast asia. many of the people here are extremely poor. cheap drugs are readily available and the youn g men often act without a thought to the possible consequences of their actions.

keep to areas where there are other people around and avoid strangers and their offers of drinking together. keep within the confines of the resort and inquire as to the security and safety measures that the resort has before you make a reservation.

dragon slayer.

Dragon Slayer
11-26-14, 02:19
Guys,

Aside from the new Airport and the new Limkatkai Hotel, has anything of any significance happened in CDO? I have not visited for some time now mainly because it falls far short of Davao or Cebu for dining, hotels and pussy. It does have a significantly large number of Clubs where the women dance nude or semi-nude. I think this is mainly do to the extreme poverty here creating a huge supply of available women willing to work in these Clubs and fuck strangers for small amounts of money.

When I was seeing Melody here, who danced at Fantastic (new name now), she quit the night I met her. She was absent one night earlier in the week and the P 1500 penalty amounted to more than she earned working five nights there. She essentially worked for free and had to pay the Club money to make up the difference. Most of the Action in these Clubs is upstairs. I discovered this early as Filipinos would come in and then chat with the fat, ugly mamason. They did not leave with the girl but went around back and up the stairs where the girl was sent to blow and fuck him for "pocket change". I only saw a girl taken out the one night I was there with Horny Al. Al took one new girl out as did a wealthy Filipino who sat at a table watching the first, new girls audition. He took the one girl someplace close by, fucked her and then she was back in the Club. Obviously, the guy was married and had to get home.

Did anyone stay recently at the Marlberry Hotel? After my daughter was here for a wedding in which she was a bridesmaid, I felt no reason to stay again. She was extremely unhappy with how it went and the fact that for two (2) consecutive dasy she was denied swimming in the pool, in spite of being a Hotel Guest and the pool being empty. I am just wondering if under a new GM the Hotel has improved.

Dragon Slayer.

WestCoast1
11-26-14, 15:57
Aside from the new Airport and the new Limkatkai Hotel, has anything of any significance happened in CDO? Not really. The night cafe in the divisoria has disappeared. CDO city-proper is a larger version of Butuan (a barrio). Other gent's view on this? Davao / Cebu have some upscale areas, CDO might have that, but not that I've seen.

I have not visited for some time now mainly because it falls far short of Davao or Cebu for dining, hotels and pussy.Falls way short in terms of dining and hotels. CDO is filled with sub-p1500 'oldie-hotels', and only 2-3 'nice' hotels (p4 k+). A friend stayed at Malberry several months ago: the pool was not in service. I would guess that the pool has not been available for guest use for a long time (if anyone has used it in the last year, please report).

It does have a significantly large number of Clubs where the women dance nude or semi-nude.

Most of the Action in these Clubs is upstairs. I discovered this early as Filipinos would come in and then chat with the fat, ugly mamason. They did not leave with the girl but went around back and up the stairs where the girl was sent to blow and fuck him for "pocket change". I only saw a girl taken out the one night I was there with Horny Al. Al took one new girl out as did a wealthy Filipino who sat at a table watching the first, new girls audition. He took the one girl someplace close by, fucked her and then she was back in the Club. Obviously, the guy was married and had to get home.IMHO, one should stay out of the gogo bars in CDO. They are simply over-priced. The bars typically want 3000+, the girl will want a large tip on top of that, the girls are not terribly attractive (you can find many local ladies prettier just walking down the street), and they aren't known for staying for more than the time it takes you to get off. Its a stunning rip-off. One would think this biz model would put the places out of biz (they come, they go, they move), but this must be a format that caters more to rich local pinoy, who don't mind the rip-off in exchange for their wife / GF not finding out what he does when he's gone for a few hours.

The gogo bars appear to be geared to the ST (which they won't mention after you've spent p4000+ in the bar as you're walking out with your date, thinking she's yours for the night -- she's not). If you are new to CDO, and just need a quickie and are not in the mood to woo dating site girls, then definitely jaunt into the gogo bars, quickly grab a girl, shag her at your place, and don't be unhappy about the 4-5000 you just spent. You can stay in Manila and get much better (and longer) service (from much prettier girls) from the Burgos / EDSA girls for about the same price.

Unless you are good at woo-ing shy provincial dating site girls to jump in the sack for you on the first date, CDO is probably not a place to go for the sport. Its also not the safest place to be.

Questor55
11-27-14, 03:28
This was the Premier hotel in CDO for many years. Previously I have stayed at the Dynasty Court several times and the Mayberry Suites (once was enough!

I was expecting the price to be the typical run down wreck, but actually it is quite okay for the price, service, included breakfast, nice city views, decent rooms and swimming pool. Earlier this year I stayed there on two occasions and consider this hotel to be a good mid-range option. Paid 2200 P and was given a free upgrade.

WestCoast1
11-27-14, 19:19
This was the Premier hotel in CDO for many years. Previously I have stayed at the Dynasty Court several times and the Mayberry Suites (once was enough!

I was expecting the price to be the typical run down wreck, but actually it is quite okay for the price, service, included breakfast, nice city views, decent rooms and swimming pool. Earlier this year I stayed there on two occasions and consider this hotel to be a good mid-range option. Paid 2200 P and was given a free upgrade.Q: Thanks. Always wondered about the place. Wifi any good? How did you get that rate? Here is from the hotel's website. Also, transport into town: Available metered taxi's at the front door? Jeeps nearby?

Tariff Rate

Standard Room
Single PhP 3,400.00
Double PhP 3,700.00

Superior Room
Single PhP 3,900.00
Double PhP 4,100.00

Business Class
Single PhP 4,100.00
Double PhP 4,300.00

De Luxe Room
Single/Double PhP 4,500.00

Suite
Cagayanon PhP 7,686.00
Penthouse PhP 8,540.00
Carmen Hill PhP 8,540.00
Macajalar Bay PhP 9,516.00

* Extra Bed PhP 1,146.00

Tariff rates are inclusive of government tax and service charge, with set breakfast.

================

And from their reservation system:

Superior Room
With Breakfast, plus other inclusions
Free PHP 2,459.02 3,000.00 Incl. Taxes & Fees

Questor55
11-28-14, 21:23
I believe I booked the first time on Trivago, but I may have contacted the hotel and asked about promo rates. always ask for this! Quoted 2200 P incl. When I arrived at reservations, as always, I put on my friendliest demeanor. This is always a good idea, as many foreigners have acted otherwise and Filipinos greatly value respect and a friendly smile. As soon as they confirmed my reservation, I asked if an upgrade might be available. "No problem, Sir, we are not so busy this week. " So I got an upgrade on an already discounted room. This is my usual 'Modus Operandi'. It all begins with that friendly smile and positive attitude. Next time I returned, I only phoned reservations, asked them to check their computer, and confirm that I would get the same room and rate. "No problem Sir". Taxi from downtown was about 80 P. Long winding drive through the treed property, so it's quite far from the main road going up to SM Mall. Call the front desk for a taxi and the guard near the highway will flag one down. Never had to wait more than a few minutes. So, yes, I will return to Pryce Plaza.

Amanut
11-29-14, 13:34
Q: Thanks. Always wondered about the place. How did you get that rate? Also, transport into town: Available metered taxi's at the front door?

I stayed there about 18 months ago. I was returning from Camiguin Island with a late thirties Filipina who suggested we stop and enquire. A promo rate of 1,800 pesos including breakfast for two was offered at the front desk. When we went
to the room I realized the price was for two single beds. I was going to go and complain but my friend in a typical not confrontational Filipina way suggested that she would be sleeping on top of me all night anyway so please just accept the room as it was offered. I was rewarded by being awoken by a BBBJ with cimsw.

This lady is from CDO, separated and was concerned about being seen with me in the public areas of the hotel. She is professional and was concerned about her public image, and although she has been separated for more than ten years she
commented about the adultery laws in the Philippines. She also knew her boss was attending a function in the hotel that night.

I did wander around a bit on my own and was impressed with the bright openness of the place. Nice grounds and nice lounge with a view of the city for having a drink. The breakfast was set, but good and filling.

Even though I felt the rooms were a bit dated I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

WestCoast1
11-29-14, 20:38
This lady is from CDO, separated and was concerned about being seen with me in the public areas of the hotel. She is professional and was concerned about her public image, and although she has been separated for more than ten years she
commented about the adultery laws in the Philippines. She also knew her boss was attending a function in the hotel that night.Interesting that she would stay in a place she knew her boss was staying. So many other hotel locations in CDO she would know to choose from.

Q, A: Thanks for the info.

Dragon Slayer
11-29-14, 20:52
Guys,

I have met many lovely, young ladies in CDO. But I had to work harder at it then I ever have in Davao, Cebu, Ormoc or Makati. I found plenty of semi-pros who wanted to come and fuck me fast for P 2,000; This IS more than would see in an entire month! The prices quoted to westerners, Japanese, Koreans and Chinese in the Clubs IS the Foreigner (sucker) rate. As I mentioned, most Filipinos fuck the girls in the upstairs rooms for P500-P1000. These guys are all married and they just want to fuck someone different. I did have a few of the ladies agree to meet me at my hotel when they got off work and blow and fuck me for 2,000 pesos. This was the best alternative. Meant that you had to stay awake until 02:30 AM.

Some of the women in the Clubs are quite beautiful and have lovely bodies. Thing is, they all get fucked regularly by Filipino men in the upstairs private rooms. Not sure this if the best option for getting laid. Meeting women on the streets of CDO or in the Malls works best. A little effort but you get to see them up front and you just need to get them to join you for lunch or dinner back at the hotel. Then up to your room for a blowjob!

I am aware of NO ONE EVER being permitted to use the swimming pool at the Mallberry Hotel. I argued with the former GM, Stella, many times over this. Her response (lies) was always the same: "you must be mistaken. The hotel pool is always open to our guests to use during the day and evening". One America tried to bring his entire Family to swim at the pool one Saturday back in 2008. He was told by the asshole Pool Boy that he must payhimP 500 to use the pool. Informed that the man was a regular guest at the Hotel did not matter to this slimeball.

I told you how back in April 2010 my teenage daughter was at the Hotel for three nights. On two (2) consecutive afternoons she went to the swimming pool and was informed by the same cocksucking Pool Boy that the pool was "RESERVED". No one was at the pool area or using the pool at the time on either day. My telephone call to Stella concerning this got "oh you must be mistaken. Your daughter could have used the swimming pool any time". I never stayed at this fucked up Mallberry Hotel again.

I am NOT SURPRISED that things have not changed at the Mallberry Hotel. They could fucking care less if any westerners ever stay here. Same goes for Japanese, Korean and Chinese. This hotel wants and gets the filipion business it desires. The restof us can drop dead!

Back in 1999 I spent three (3) horrible nights at the New Dynasty Hotel in CDO. When I checked out I had to use ALL my restraint from assaulting the Manager. IT WAS THAT TERRIBLE!

Dragon Slayer.

Amanut
11-30-14, 02:23
Interesting that she would stay in a place she knew her boss was staying. So many other hotel locations in CDO she would know to choose from.

Q, A: Thanks for the info.I agree. Very odd indeed, although he was not staying there as he was apparently simply attending a function like the Filipino version of the Loyal Order of the Water Buffalo for the evening there. Based on the drunks I saw wandering around.

She is from CDO, and the only thing I could think of was perhaps in the past she had seen the very nice lobby there and wanted to experience the rooms before going home to her family. Or she wanted to try the lifestyle she perceived her rich boss lives. She works for the govt, is well educated, concerned about public perceptions, and refused to come to my room in the Mallberry the evening I arrived. Her reason was that her friends frequent the adjoining mall and may see her. On a previous trip she met me in Cebu and on that trip insisted that I register her under my last name, not her's.

She never set foot outside the room at the Pryce that night, and in the morning chose a table facing away from the door in the back of the restaurant. Westy, we need a Filipina manual.

WestCoast1
11-30-14, 16:24
Westy, we need a Filipina manual.Dammit. If only there was a pinay manual! And a manual for raising kids. It was easy to find a Chilton's manual for my Honda. Dammit!

I have met many lovely, young ladies in CDO. But I had to work harder at it then I ever have in Davao, Cebu, Ormoc or Makati.Concur. I will re-mention a story from my first visit to CDO a few years ago. I planned 3 nights there, and went with 19 dating site girl's phone numbers. All 19 had agreed previously, on cam in chat, to cut the chase and meet for coffee, then sex. Over the course of several days I met them all (in public), and struck out with all of them. ALL OF THEM. "Hehe I cannot your hotel. My padder kill me hehe". These are shy women (and liars -- I'll prove that shortly). I was a bit surprised at the % of girls who had no interest in coming to my hotel (after expressing such interest in chat). I reminded most of them that they had agreed to a drink followed by hotel, and all of them (ALL OF THEM) denied it. They were in complete denial. I'm not making this up, as I don't usually agree to meet women who don't agree ahead of time to go to my hotel for fun. "Never I say that. Never". Later, after I had struck out with a bunch of them over the course of an afternoon and hearing repeated denials, I went back to the hotel and jumped on to my YM chat logs for each of the girls. I emailed them a chunk of the chat log from a week prior, which looked something like:

Me: so you're OK to going to my hotel room for boomboom. Sex / Girl: sure why not / Me: I mention before I will be taking pictures. Still ok to that? / Girl: yes. But can you help me? / Me: of course blah blah.

In following chats, from a few hours later to a few weeks later, every single girl admitted to lying, either in the original chat, or sitting in the Ketkai Starbucks: "Yes I lie to you before in chat. I never mean that I will come to your hotel. Just I say that at that time". Careful gents: Yes often times means NO in the province, and fibbing is cultural.

Having said that, I've also had luck in the province in other situations, and also from dating sites. Every situation varies.

I am aware of NO ONE EVER being permitted to use the swimming pool at the Mallberry Hotel. SNIP One America tried to bring his entire Family to swim at the pool one Saturday back in 2008. He was told by the asshole Pool Boy that he must payhimP 500 to use the pool. Informed that the man was a regular guest at the Hotel did not matter to this slimeball.Friend of mine stayed there this year, and got a similar story: the pool was not operational at the time.

Back in 1999 I spent three (3) horrible nights at the New Dynasty Hotel in CDO. When I checked out I had to use ALL my restraint from assaulting the Manager. IT WAS THAT TERRIBLE!I've stayed there also, for several nights last year. Dynasty Court, in Divisoria? Older, run-down, p1500-range. Pretty much every hotel in CDO (excepting the new Centrio and Luxe hotels) are older and run-down. Even the well-named VIP hotel near the Divi is older and run-down. I thought it was p500-1000 overpriced at p2000/ night for the basic room (paint peeling in almost every part of the hotel except the lobby).

The Dynasty was similar: I was in several rooms (had the run of the place, as there were only two customers in the hotel over the several nights I was there). I didn't like the original room (terrible window view), so they let me walk not only the hallways looking for a better room, but all floors of the hotel. Originally I was on floor 3, looked at several other rooms on that floor. Went to floor 4 and looked around, and settled on room 405 (end of hallway, right across the street from two discos). Decided an hour later that the music might be loud when the bars opened after sundown, so I asked if I could look at rooms on floor 5. Browsed several rooms there and found a room on floor 5 that I liked. After looking at at least 10 rooms, I hadn't seen a single room that didn't have chipped paint and / or cracks in the walls. The hallways were in need of paint, and the carpet in the hallways and every room was 10 years past needing replacement. Why, I asked, were there no other customers utilizing rooms? The room attendant showing me around opened every door I pointed at. "I don't know sir. Just you are the only customer". In the middle of the night I awoke to: ants!

The following day another guest (pinoy) checked into the hotel. I was asking myself: how the F*CK do these people stay in business? I asked a floor attendant if there were usually more customers, as this was a weekend. "Ah. Sometimes only". Are there nights with no customers in the rooms? "Yes po". To be fair, there is a large dining hall (breakfast buffet) adjacent to the lobby. The lobby is lovely and the lobby / dining hall (for conventions, its too big to be for the few customers of the hotel) give the impression that you are in a REALLY NICE hotel (but you're not). A month after I stayed there, the Dynasty Court hotel closed its doors. A few months later it re-opened. The website was still up / running the entire time, but nobody has responded to the emails I sent. Its my understanding they are doing walk-in business only.

There are a plethora of sub-p1500 hotels spread across town. VIP (2000+) and Philtown (p800-1400) are average places (at best). There seems to be no middle-ground hotel (possibly other than Pryce, which is a taxi ride away from everything) that fits the gap between upscale (Luxe / Centrio) and the older / rundown places. There are newer places, like Marianne Suites, p1400 for most expensive premium deluxe room. But be careful: they don't take credit cards, and while new / modern, Marianne rooms are spartan and TINY (I had the largest room, and there is no closet to hang clothing). The website makes the place look neat (hype), but the restaurant has small tables and those small plastic chairs (like you see in internet cafes).

Questor55
12-01-14, 07:13
Thanks WC for your in-depth account on Dynasty Court. I always got the same room whenever I stayed there. Not by request, but I guess they pulled it up on the computer and maybe because it was as good as it gets there. It was on the fifth floor, back, overlooking the park and the round-about. Second room in from the corner. Good size, a little tired, but not bad at all for promo rate of 1500 P. Breakfast also quite decent in an attractive dining room. Egg chef on hand to accept orders. Last stayed there about a year and a half ago. Always been reasonably busy whenever I've stayed. Excellent staff throughout. Much better than that damned Malberry! So, as of now I'll stick with the price and keep Dynasty as my back-up.

Dragon Slayer
12-03-14, 02:28
Guys,

A lot of Members here have NOT liked the Mallberry Hotel. Does Dynasty Court now have a swimming pool? Sounds like the morning breakfast is decent. I had breakfast included with my room at the Mallberry Hotel always. GoodEnough told me he never ate iit as he heard it was not good. I awoke at dawn one morning and decided to try the breakfast. I went over to the breakfast room at 06:45 AM (breakfast began at 06:00). Only a few people and a Staff of half a dozen Filipinas standing about. I asked for coffee and got a blank stare from three of them. Now even in China and Japan if you request coffee, there is an 80% or better chance they will bring it to you immediately.

I went with a plate to the buffet table. Fried eggs were on a large plate stacked on top of each other. They were ICE FUCKING COLE AT 06:45 am! I then tried the rice. It was in SOLID BLOCKS. So fucking hard you could use them for a pickup game of Baseball. Would need a hammer and a chisel to get at them! The rest of the food looked inedible, except for the toast piled on a plate. I went to this and found the toast was as fucking hard as leather! Same chisel would be required here!

I looked the the Staff of young waitresses standing around DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I yelled to them and they looked at me like they had never seen a shite man before! They ALL SIMPLY IGNORED ME!

I finally gave up and headed down to the lobby and ate breakfast paninis and drank coffee from the Café. Cost me a good P500 for a couple cups of coffee and two paninis but at least I could eat this. I spoke to the Hotel GM, Stella once again concerning the breakfast. Got a "I will look into this" reply. Sort of what I got when asking why the swimming pool was ONCE AGAIN UNAVAILABLE! And NO, the pool was clean and empty in the middle of the day when people would like to use it! No Group was in the Hotel or likely to be showing up at any time to "take over" the poo.

My best time in CDO was when I met Melody, former dancer at Fantastic Club (different name now). She was 21, beautiful and had an awesome body. She had five sisters at home, all gorgeous. Sadly, all of them were hell bent on making certain that their lives would be ruined. The 20 year old was pregnant and her Piece of Shit Filipino boyfriend was living (freeloading) with them. She gave birth a couple months later. Shortly before she gave birth her boyfriend got pissed off and beat her.

Her beautiful sisters, age 18 and 19 were both attending college. A few months later I heard that both were pregnant! In each case, the Piece of Shit Filipino Boyfriend had ranoff to leave her alone to give birth and see are for the baby. Her other sister had just turned 16 and was already 5 months' pregnant. Something happened and she lost the baby (most likely due to no money for prenatal care). A few months' later I heard that she was once again pregnant by a new, Piece of Shit Filipino Boyfriend (first one ran off as soon as he heard she was pregnant).

Fortunately, I never saw the Family again. A young infant in the "house" and three (3) young women to give birth around the same time, all with no father to help support the baby. And if you saw the pathetic shack in which the Family lived you would bee brough to tears. First time I was there I had to step outside to "re-group". No human being should have to live in such a manner. And then they had an infant baby added and soon, three more newborn babies.

Dragon Slayer.

Questor55
12-03-14, 05:03
Your description of the terrible breakfast at Malberry, DS, brought back my nightmares regarding my very worst breakfast ever at the Malberry. I still don't get it. Why would all those Filipinos who can afford 4000 P plus, put up with that crap? I guess the answer is that it just adds to all the other crap they put up with in this seriously flawed country.

Golfinho
12-03-14, 05:07
Guys,

A lot of Members here have NOT liked the Mallberry Hotel. Does Dynasty Court now have a swimming pool? Sounds like the morning breakfast is decent. I had breakfast included with my room at the Mallberry Hotel always. GoodEnough told me he never ate iit as he heard it was not good. I awoke at dawn one morning and decided to try the breakfast. I went over to the breakfast room at 06:45 AM (breakfast began at 06:00). Only a few people and a Staff of half a dozen Filipinas standing about. I asked for coffee and got a blank stare from three of them. Now even in China and Japan if you request coffee, there is an 80% or better chance they will bring it to you immediately.

I went with a plate to the buffet table. Fried eggs were on a large plate stacked on top of each other. They were ICE FUCKING COLE AT 06:45 am! I then tried the rice. It was in SOLID BLOCKS. So fucking hard you could use them for a pickup game of Baseball. Would need a hammer and a chisel to get at them! The rest of the food looked inedible, except for the toast piled on a plate. I went to this and found the toast was as fucking hard as leather! Same chisel would be required here!.As no human being should have to dine on eggs cole. Or breakfast panini. Re-group.

WestCoast1
12-03-14, 06:18
Guys,

DC does not, to my knowledge, have a pool. I walked into the place a while back (after they re-opened) to inquire as to why they never responded to my email inquiries, to be told "Just you call us sir". The convention room, where breakfast is served, is fairly nice. The breakfast was buffet. Not a huge selection, but the food was warm and good. Having said that about the convention room, the rest of the hotel is a decade late in renovation. This was never anything more than one of the 2- or 3-star places in CDO. Probably Mallberry and Pryce would be a step up (Pryce has a pool). Luxe (assuming they complete their gym) and Ceda would be the next step up, closer to Dusit-level (and considerably newer), both with pools. Breakfast and the restaurant at Luxe were top-end. Luxe had a p3300 promo previously. Currently they are running a p4400 promo for the deluxe room (queen bed, plenty of room, nice bathroom, table / chairs, couch, wall-ceiling mirror, nice view) that is normally 5500. Ceda is running 4000 for the same type of room. I'm a bit surprised either one of these places exist in CDO. Kong?

From the website: http://limketkailuxe.com/accommodations/.

Our superior guest rooms are perfect for single or twin sharing with a queen-sized bed with goose down feather pillows and 300-thread count linen. This room is furnished elegantly with a 48 LED TV with cable channels, coffee/tea-making facilities, mini-bar, toilet & bath with tub, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, desk phone and an electronic safety deposit box.

BrainDrain
12-20-14, 02:48
For the next several days she was full of txts requesting she spend the night, no sex. I find this, and the previous shy behavior that DS describes (wants to meet, makes excuses not to meet, then at the very end comes screaming to the hotel to meet), both very odd. Other gent's explainations are welcome.

WC.
Just doing some research on other areas in RP with a week long trip planned to Surigao. Looking at this original report I wonder if I can use reverse psychology and tell the girl I'm leaving a day earlier, changed my plan whatever.

I've got a list of chat pals whom have agreed to meet with my expectations having been agreed. It seems even our experienced mongers get caught out by the innocents.

Will update how it goes.

WestCoast1
12-22-14, 13:31
Just doing some research on other areas in RP with a week long trip planned to Surigao. Looking at this original report I wonder if I can use reverse psychology and tell the girl I'm leaving a day earlier, changed my plan whatever.

I've got a list of chat pals whom have agreed to meet with my expectations having been agreed. It seems even our experienced mongers get caught out by the innocents.

Will update how it goes.Just a reminder of my post below (#296). Mindanao province girls are shy creatures, and often say anything on cam in order to meet a gringo.

Mua Tur
12-22-14, 16:26
Just a reminder of my post below (#296). Mindanao province girls are shy creatures, and often say anything on cam in order to meet a gringo.Westi, you are the finest one in regards of reading about Filipino girls. I met a girl online from Zamboanga now staying at Makati. For whom soon m arriving in Phil. Copy to your comments.

BrainDrain
12-23-14, 11:49
Thanks for the words of wisdom guys. As at this moment I have a short list of 7 ladies most of whom appear to be non-professionals. My ranking is for.

Employed girls of which there are two. I might learn something.

One university student whom will need to take a 4 hour bus (she'll be motivated if she arrives).

One mother of two kids, needs Peso for family needs. Certainty.

3 others in various states of shyness, uncertainty etc.

I'll update the outcome in two weeks.

BD.

Sammon
12-23-14, 17:05
Thanks for the words of wisdom guys. As at this moment I have a short list of 7 ladies most of whom appear to be non-professionals. My ranking is for.

One university student whom will need to take a 4 hour bus (she'll be motivated if she arrives).

BD.Out of big cities girls tend to be reserved. Yes, all want sex but will not jump into bed the moment they arrive. Beware of the people they bring them with. Most likely it will be like feed me and my friends or friends and family.

Be careful they do not get upset after sex and remorse. Play your cards right and you maybe ok.

I have gone to small places and have dated locals. Always asked them to show up at the hotel alone. Feel safer. Yes, had great GFE experiences and fortunately never been in trouble. Many a time money talks.

Have fun but be alert for scams. Yes, even the country girls can scam you.

BrainDrain
01-20-15, 07:40

One was totally busy. The second came over in the evening and we totally hit it off. She's still in contact and keen to love me for life. Hmmmm. Works as a receptionist and thinks I'm "handsoooome".

She got all kind of freaked out in the days prior so I had to cut her loose and avoid her. Ended up blocking her on FB.

Another one that was on the wrong track. Wanted to know what gifts I had brought for her, the kids are expecting gifts as well. Had to do an abort on this as I was heading to be the cash cow.

Sometimes I just had to go with it. My new little university honey turned out to be the sweetest.

Always amazed at how little sex they describe themselves as getting, no sex 12 months, no sex life two years etc etc.

BD.I definitely need to visit again.

Dragon Slayer
01-21-15, 02:12
Guys,

It is customary to bring pasulobong (gifts) with you for the people you will meet. This IS especially true if you are travelling a long distance and expecting romance (good hard fucking and a nice blowjob or ten). If the Lady has children, YOU BRING THEM SOMETHING! Chocolates, such as Hershey's large chocolate bars that sell for $ 1. 50 to $ 2. 50 each, depending on if it is a 4. 25 oz or a 7 oz bar are great! I fill my bag with three dozen of the large Hershey chocolate bars and a dozen bars of M&M chocolates, plus o2 dozenf the small gift pack of four gourmet chocolates. Total cost runs me about $ 90 US.

Now, I have children who constantly say, "Daddy I want chocolates and toys". I bring plenty of chocolates and the specific toys my children want. If a hot looking lady has children around the same age, I get something for them also. They love this and really appreciate it. Cost is nominal. The lady eats some chocolate and gets in the mood for "Love". I get her naked fast and fuck her good at least twice so she gets used to me fucking her right away. I always get the lady dinner after we fuck. Remember the "reward" factor with animals, it works with people also.

As to the Lady bringing along friends or family for the first Meeting, sometimes there is nothing you can do about this. I simply have them meet me in the hotel lobby or they all go to my room. I give them soft drinks and NOTHING MORE. I am not going to get set up to feed the Family as they want. Last Trip the one girl first brought along her sister and the following day brought her two fat sisters. I gave them each something to drink and then ignored them as I got on my computer at the desk in my room.

When the met me the first time, I took them to the Lobby Lounge In vasayan the Little Weasels told the waitress to bring them menus and they ordered dinners. Assholes were there solely to "work me like a NYC construction project". Why, the second time I had them go to my room. Had the third fat vulture along hoping to get dinners again for all. DID NOT HAPPEN!

Dragon SLayer.

Dragon Slayer
06-02-15, 23:30
Guys,

It has been a few years since I visited CDO. I was always complaining about the Mallberry Hotel here. I was, with a discount, still paying a good amount for the room there. Has anyone been to the Mallberry recently? I heard that Stella, the GM, is gone. Did anyone ever manage to go swimming in the hotel pool? It was the most fucked up Place I ever stayed at, save for the Park Lane Int; l Hotel in Cebu!

I determined that the ladies were far more plentiful in Makati, Cebu, Davao and Ormoc. I did meet some nice ladies in CDO but I had to work at it at least five (5) times harder than I did in the other cities that I frequent. Only easy pussy in CDO was the Pros and the vast abundance of semi pros. These girl would blow and fuck a foreigner that they did not know from king kong, as long as he paid them 2,000 pesos for an hour or two fucking. Some of them were very beautiful and sexy. ALL of them were from very poor families and were pretty crude and unrefined women.

Fucking the pros got old fast. I heard that you could work out a deal to fuck them for a 1,000 pesos but all the ones I met wanted at least 2,000. When I mentioned a smaller amount they would not agree to it. I did meet regular ladies but it took tons of hard work. I remember arriving at the entrance to the Barangay where this one lived and then getting a text from her telling me she left to go shopping with her auntie and would not be able to join me for dinner. I ended up finding another lady who went with me at a moment's notice, as I immediately called her and asked if I cold get her for dinner. Took her to La Vetta's and she was beautiful.

Sadly she had to return home to her infant son as she left him with a neighbor when I called. I messed this up when she wanted to return the next day but bring her aunt along. I said no and that was it for her. I should have allowed the old buzzard to accompany her, put on my charming Slayer self and see what happens. Of course, in Davao when I did do this a couple years later, the old auntie tried to get me to sit through a presentation for some multi level marketing nonsense. Like I came all the way to the Mindanao to endure that bullshit. But when I said I had my onw business and no need or desire to get into some ripoff deal in the Philippines, the young lady would not see me again.

I am thinking of making another trip here for a couple days but only if things have improved. I know I will have to endure the hustlers at the new airport and the long ride into CDO. I think this is enough.

Dragon Slayer.

WestCoast1
06-04-15, 04:20
I am thinking of making another trip here for a couple days but only if things have improved. I know I will have to endure the hustlers at the new airport and the long ride into CDO. I think this is enough.

Dragon Slayer.Couple of thoughts. First, if you don't have dating site girls lined up ready to sex you, its probably not the place to go. Even if you do, these are shy province girls, and often back out at the last minute.

Second, the new airport is clean compared to the Lumbia airport (ala Manila T3). Exiting the building, you will encounter about 6 different companies that provide large aircon vans for transporting passengers to their hotel (or mall dropoff for locals), all charging p200 (Magnum is the most popular). You might have to sit in the van (aircon running) for a bit until they get enough customers to run the thing into town. They drop you right at your hotel and don't ask for a tip. The bad part is that it takes 50-60 minutes to get into town. Returning to the airport after your stay, I think they charge you an extra p50 to transport you from your hotel to the mall (Magnum office was at Ayala / Centrio Mall) for your van ride back to the airport. On my last trip, the van from the mall to the airport was very large, seating about 20, with two aisles of seats, and a separate luggage compartment in the back, with good aircon.

Third, unlike T3/ Manila, the new airport checkin procedure is (relatively) faster. Getting my boarding pass and getting thru the security checkpoint to the gate does not take long.

WestCoast1
06-26-15, 12:23
Mallberry: Walked into the place one morning recently to do some recon. I've walked right by this place (its on a cross-street to Limketkai Avenue) multiple times on my early morning strolls, and simply did not notice the large script letters MS on the side of the building. The rates sheet at the front desk shows about 9 different types of rooms (confusing: whatever happened to small / medium / large? Asked to see a Deluxe room (p2400), and the (hot) receptionist and a door guy showed me up in the elevator. Before the lift arrived I remembered to ask about the pool. "Oh sir its for repair right now. Not operation. We are making it better for the customers". Really. When do you plan to see it operational? "Oh sir I cannot answer that. We don't know". Up we went, and they showed me a relatively run-down room with one full-size bed (relatively thin) and one twin size bed. The window shows a slum outside (hey, its CDO). Peeling paint on the walls. I should have taken pics. It reminded me soooo much of the Dynasty Court rooms (both before -- and after -- their renovation; see below).

On the way back down in the elevator the girl asked if I'd like to reserve a room for tonight. No thanks, toots, I'm staying 90 second's walk away at the Luxe. Where they are running a promo all month long for 2750 on (relatively) luxurious Deluxe rooms. With a bitchin' heated outdoor pool and bar area. (What I wanted to say was: Why the hell would I want to pay 2400 for this run-down place, when new luxury exists just up the street for $8/ more per night? I pocketed the rate sheet and stepped off the elevator, and thought I'd have another go at the hottie receptionist and the pool: How long has the pool been out of service? "I'm not sure sir. We are making it better for the guest". I see. Well then, a third run at it: When is the last time you recall the pool being operational for guests? "I don't know sir. Just we are making it better for the guest". Run #4: I see, sweetie. Has it been operational in the last 6 months? Any? The girl looked at the door security guy who was standing there with us. I could see the question (or its re-asking) caused consternation. The girl said: "We are making it better for the guest sir". Fine, I'm getting the party line. Thanks!

And now for some Pilipina audacity (and its about time dammit): As I headed to the front door, the girl said: "But sir do you want to reserve the Deluxe room for tonight?" Hahahahahahaha I didn't even turn to acknowledge her. But I wanted to turn and say: Are you effing kidding me, did you NOT hear me say that I was staying at a nicer hotel for about the same price?

Seda Centrio: Walked in and asked to see a Deluxe room (only 2 room sizes: Deluxe and Executive -- Exec has a kitchenette). Luxurious looking room, like the Luxe, but slightly smaller. Interestingly I struck up a fun conversation with the bellboy they sent with me to show the room. On the way to the room when I mentioned I was staying at Luxe, he said: "Honestly sir I can tell you Luxe is more luxury hotel than Seda. But still this is very nice place". I was not convinced, as the lobby, resto, pool, and 'club' area (1 on each floor, like a separate lounge to sit and have coffee or meetings) are lovely. I took some pics of both the Deluxe and Exec room, will post later. Room rates were about:

Deluxe 5000.

Club (deluxe room with Club access -- the room at the end of the hall with the coffee and meeting tables) 6000.

Executive 7000.

The bellhop said they run promos for discounts all the time. He was kind and showed me around the hotel (not just the room).

Dynasty Court: Was across the street at a nightclub with my pinay. About midnight walked out and decided to have a look at the newly-renovated DC. Lobby identical. While the lights were off in the convention room (where breakfast is served), everything inside looked identical. Asked to see a Deluxe room. Was taken up in an elevator that has not changed since my stay 2 years ago. Flooring in the hallways has not changed. The room itself has not changed (cracked paint on the walls). The bellhop *did* say they closed, were bought out, were under new management, and had made renovations. Was told by others that for some period of time the scaffolds were up around the exterior. However, I could not see a single change from prior to the closing (and I was not drunk -- this time).

Dragon Slayer
07-04-15, 01:16
Westcoast 1 and Brain Drain.

Thank you for your posts here. If I were to return to CDO I would ride a taxi into town. I had my fill of the fucking mini vans anywhere in the world. In San Francisco the asshole picked me up late and I missed my flight to San Diego for a Meeting. In Pattaya City, Thailand, once the van did not show as it was full and I nearly missed my flight to Tokyo. In my City at the airport I waited an hour for the van for the central part of the City to arrive (saw vans for all sorts of places but not the main part of the city) to arrive. It then took three (3) trips around the entire airport until it was packed with passengers. I was first one on board and the last one dropped off. In CDO five (5) years ago I was told there was a "complimentary" van waiting to take me to my Hotel. I got in and the driver told me he had to wait for more passengers to fill the van. I got out!

I could go on for hours relating lousy trips in fucking mini vans. I pay the taxi, get in "alone" and the driver immediately takes me to my destination. Saving a little money is NOT worth the fucking nonsense or missing a Meeting or a Flight! I need comfort also. A minivan in Hilongos, Leyte seven (7) years ago started out with only me. When it reached Baybay two hours later it had fifteen (15) passengers, six (6) more than it was permitted. I had to hold me bag on my lap and people were shoved into each other. At Baybay, I promptly told the driver "Fuck You" and hired a taxi for the 30 mionute ride to Ormoc.

I stayed at the Dynasty Court Hotel in CDO back in 1999. It is on my List of the worst, fucking, piece of shit hotels in the world! Incompetent Staff, rude, front desk employees and a room the size of a closet. Air conditioning broke in middle of the night. I had to scream like all hell to get the asshole at the front desk to move me to a new room. I checked out in the morning and took my bags with me to the place where I ate breakfast. Told the manager in the shitty, chocolate brown (gross), polyester sport jacket that he was a TOTAL FOOL!

The experience that Westcoast 1 had with the girl at the front desk is what I had EVERY FUCKING DAY at the Mallberry Hotel. They are given a short course in English and learn a few expressions. Two thirds of the Hotel Staff at the Mallberry cannot speak English at all. And they ALL have NO COMPREHENSION of western culture. Made the most stupid comments to me all the time! I was told by the Hotel GM, Stella, to inform her of any problems I encountered. PROBLEMS! I had nothing but problems at the Piece of Shit Mallberry Hotel.

The had a genuine midget security guard working there when I last visited. He held up traffic exiting the Hotel as he spoke to a Filipino in a car in front of my taxi and several other cars. I got out and told him to let the guy move his vehicle so the rest of us could get out. All 3'10" of him started yelling at me. I am 6'4" and 240 lbs. I got out again, shook my fist at him, punched my left hand hard with my fist and moved towards him. He may have set a Philippine record for the 100 meter dash then. I got back in the taxi laughing hysterically.

If I ever DO return to Cagayan de Oro City, I will NOT stay at the Mallberry. If I get a decent rate at the Luxe, I will try it. For meeting beautiful, young, regular (not prostitutes) women, CDO is FAR SHORT of Makati, Ormoc or Manila. Infinitely inferior to Cebu or Davao!

Dragon Slayer.