PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Hotels

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

BrainDrain
06-17-16, 06:48
This hotel has become my favorite go to hotel now. It's close to Ayala.

The doorman prefer to direct me down the small alley past Mandarin to Ayala. I prefer to walk the main road to Ayala and go under the overpass in two stages. Either way it can be quite an adventure ot cross the roads.

The hotel itself is nice, nice rooms, nice amenities, no shortage of towels and room servicing as requested.

Room service food is OK. Some of the non-professional dating girls prefer to have food in the room so that they are not out being seen with a foreigner twice their age.

The rates I have stayed for rooms in this hotel have ranged from AUD60 - AUD110 (so P1800 - P3800) . It is worthwhile shopping prices for this venue on the web.

BD.

BrainDrain
06-17-16, 07:05
One of Cebu's older upmarket hotels has a very high standard of guest services.

I do like this hotel for its excellent breakfast buffet covering all cuisines, western, filipino, asian, indian.

I like the pool area, the poolside resto / bar and the little bells on the table to summon service.

I like the views over the city and out over Mactan.

I like being away from the city centre.

I don't like having to catch a taxi to / from everywhere. I haven't really explored any of the local streets, shops or local amenities.

The room fittings, sheets, bathroom amenities are excellent.

The checkin / checkout staff are very good. Well trained.

For this hotel I have paid in the rang of P3000 - P5000 per night. The prices here appear to be seasonal, when demand is low, they have low cost rooms. When they are full with functions, they will not be looking to sell rooms via internet.

Would I stay again, yes, when the price is right.

BD.

Wicked Roger
06-17-16, 21:11
One of Cebu's older upmarket hotels has a very high standard of guest services.

Would I stay again, yes, when the price is right.

BD.BD,

The distance to Ayala plus the bloody awful traffic on days especially around J Mall is enough to turn me off. I like to walk to the mall and wander but at MP despite all the good things you noted (and I agree with) the distance and traffic is too much of a pain for me.

I used to live p that way also so every day I drove up there and really after a month I wish I had stayed where I was.

But have stayed there for the odd meeting when I wanted to be well away from prying eyes on Ayala.

Wicked Roger
06-17-16, 21:15
I stayed one night at Mandarin hotel. Location is nice and convenient, cross a few streets and arrive at Ayala.

BD.I have stayed here previously but the WiFi is the biggest issue as each time was slow. I still like the Elizabeth as I can get 2600 net net if I asked and don't care of there is a pool or not but I have other accommodation alternatives and now use hotels such as Parklane and Quest (and the odd time Marco Polo) for 'meetings' when I don't want people knowing where I really am (I could use Queensland but these are long term meetings so to speak).

Cuties I know who have stayed there and tried to chat to me with a cam have also had some trouble with the slow WiFi.

Ms Account
06-19-16, 03:13
I have been spending a reasonable amount of time in Cebu city recently and on occasions want to get out for a few days for a beach getaway (with BYO girl). During the week I must have reliable fast internet for on the road work purposes. Weekend can compromise. This FR is a summary of my experiences to date all on Mactan. To date I have not ventured out further like Camotes mainly because reviews all point to poor internet in these remoter places so I would be restricted to the weekend only.

Would I recommend Mactan resorts for someone specifically flying to Cebu for that purpose- HELL NO! The beaches are non existant, have quite large tidal swings and the prices are insane. The Koreans are keeping Mactan resorts alive and expensive. But the advantage of Mactan resorts is convenience - 30+ minutes taxi from airport or 1 hour from Cebu city. Palawan and Boracay can't compete with that.

Costabella. Usually see priced around 3500-4500. More a local Filipino resort with lots of noisy day visitors using pools. Not so many Koreans. Terrible internet. Vowed never to go there again but for the price the room was ok.

Crimson. Expensive at 9500 pesos. Bungalow style rooms meaning no views, long walk to pool / beach. But room quality is ok. Pool was terrible like a hot murky bath. Decent beach but harsh rocky sand. Would not repeat.

Maribago Bluewater. Around 8000 pesos but quite often booked out. Bungalow style rooms so mostly no views but ok quality room. More and better pools than Crimson. Beach has sand but very shallow so no swimming. No repeat.

Plantation Bay. Expensive 10-12 K. Massive pool system which is its main selling point. Nice room. Non existant beach all rock. Enjoyed with nice atmosphere but too expensive given no beach.

Jpark. Change of owner Koreans to Filipino. Korean business dropped off and they started discounting. But still expensive 10-12 k. Massive pool system main selling point. Massive excellent room. Ok beach. Would not repeat.

Movenpick. More Western less Koreans (maybe because of permanent apartments in complex). Great modern room. Pool is small but beach was ok. I got a great rate of 5800 but usual is 7-9 K. Not so remote. You can walk to some local restaurants to avoid the costly inhouse restaurants. My preferred choice so far. I am seeing the Movenpick apartments on AirBNB at a good price but have not tried.

Key review missing is Shangri La. Will try there one day but at 15 K it will only be one night. So far my recommendation is Movenpick. I know the feedback will be travel further out of Cebu city like Camotes but Mactan has the convenience factor. Hope someone can provide feedback on any of the cheaper Mactan resorts.

PirateMorgan
06-19-16, 03:21
Does 3 g /4 g work where you are talking about. And tethering?

Ms Account
06-20-16, 16:27
Does 3 g /4 g work where you are talking about. And tethering?Use of mobile data (rather than been totally dependent on hotel wifi) is something I keep putting off. I did try it for one month in April and generally found I was reverting back to the hotel wifi because the mobile data was too slow. But I really can't say I have given it a serious try and certainly didn't try it at the Mactan resorts. I defer the question to others with more experience.

Buko Max
06-21-16, 00:43
I don't like having to catch a taxi to / from everywhere. I haven't really explored any of the local streets, shops or local amenities.The pool area is what attracts me to MP! That building was originally another hotel chain thus the small rooms.

Many things to see and places to dine along the Transcentral Hwy. From upscale to street BBQ:

Mountain View Nature Park, Tops Lookout, Temple of Leah, Taoist Temple, Mr. A's and my personal favorite to take your Honey ko, Chateau de Busay!

Heading down the hill, I like to stop into the Monastery for a craft beer.

Buko Max
06-21-16, 01:01
Use of mobile data (rather than been totally dependent on hotel wifi) is something I keep putting off. I did try it for one month in April and generally found I was reverting back to the hotel wifi because the mobile data was too slow.

Cuties I know who have stayed there and tried to chat to me with a cam have also had some trouble with the slow WiFi.People here are always complaining about internet speed but it's not the hotel's fault. If you need decent internet, skip Philippines! Let's face the facts:

The Philippines has the second slowest average download speed among 22 Asian countries.

Philippines averaged a speed of just 3.64 megabits per second (Mbps), which ranked 176th out of 202 countries worldwide.

Globally, the average broadband download speed is 23.3 Mbps, nearly eight times faster than the Philippines.

Only one Asian country, war-torn Afghanistan, had slower speeds compared to the Philippines.

Despite the slow download speeds, the Philippines also has some of the most expensive Internet connections in the world.

Wicked Roger
06-21-16, 02:52
People here are always complaining about internet speed but it's not the hotel's fault. If you need decent internet, skip Philippines! Let's face the facts:

The Philippines has the second slowest average download speed among 22 Asian countries.

Philippines averaged a speed of just 3.64 megabits per second (Mbps), which ranked 176th out of 202 countries worldwide.

Globally, the average broadband download speed is 23.3 Mbps, nearly eight times faster than the Philippines.

Only one Asian country, war-torn Afghanistan, had slower speeds compared to the Philippines.

Despite the slow download speeds, the Philippines also has some of the most expensive Internet connections in the world.Yep BM.

All that has been discussed at length on this site so what is new? What is the main thrust of your points. Living in Cebu I know all this and the point we were making is that be careful what you wish for if you need good connection for work and staying in hotels. And we spoke about hotels and issues faced by those who could select those hotels.

The fact that this country is the pits for internet speeds is nothing new very old information BM.

You do tend to FR well after the fact as you have posted FRs before with links to few old stories and make out that the country is bad. It is in many ways as are others I just find ways to focus on the positives when I can. But like GE I am able to get out of the madness regularly so I can enjoy other parts of the world where speeds are substantially better (but the girls are not IMHO LOL).

PolyOrchid
06-21-16, 16:32
But like GE I am able to get out of the madness regularly so I can enjoy other parts of the world where speeds are substantially better (but the girls are not IMHO LOL).You are so right, WR. Fast internet is nice but fast and fun girls trump that.

Buko Max
06-22-16, 02:35
All that has been discussed at length on this site so what is new? What is the main thrust of your points..Was trying to reiterate that if people think they can conduct business and depend on the internet here, think again. It is a pity that members decide on a hotel based on their WiFi speed. With the proper device (I use a Huawei 4 G Mobile LTE pocket WiFi with Mimo antena), one does not have to depend on hotels or coffee shops for a decent internet connection!

Buko Max
06-22-16, 03:14
Key review missing is Shangri La. Will try there one day but at 15 K it will only be one night. So far my recommendation is Movenpick. I know the feedback will be travel further out of Cebu city like Camotes but Mactan has the convenience factor. Hope someone can provide feedback on any of the cheaper Mactan resorts.Nice review Ms Account! Shangri La offers a day rate that comes with a buffet lunch for 1500. Their beach is decent and swimming pools are nice.

Movenpick used to be the Hilton and is the most secure property in metro Cebu evidenced by the many VIP's that stay there for various functions.

Tambuli Beach Club is a cheap resort but have not stayed there in years. The place is under constuction as they are building condos. Located in Maribago close to the Shang.

Wicked Roger
06-22-16, 06:53
Was trying to reiterate that if people think they can conduct business and depend on the internet here, think again. It is a pity that members decide on a hotel based on their WiFi speed. With the proper device (I use a Huawei 4 G Mobile LTE pocket WiFi with Mimo antena), one does not have to depend on hotels or coffee shops for a decent internet connection!Sorry if I misinterpret BM.

The pocket WiFi you use is what others have as the only way to go. I chose hotel as close to Ayala and a nice bed which the only criteria. I try to use my condo as then easier but not always possible (long story) and with PDLT I can get reasonable speed but the back up is the Huawei.

As I travel a lot you soon realize how poor the country is in connection speed.

Wicked Roger
06-22-16, 06:57
Nice review Ms Account! Shangri La offers a day rate that comes with a buffet lunch for 1500. Their beach is decent and swimming pools are nice.

Movenpick used to be the Hilton and is the most secure property in metro Cebu evidenced by the many VIP's that stay there for various functions.

Tambuli Beach Club is a cheap resort but have not stayed there in years. The place is under constuction as they are building condos. Located in Maribago close to the Shang.The Shangri La is my favorite as the beach is the best IMHO but the prices are crazy.

My problem is that the hotels are so far away from the city so if the cutie you are with is a pain and not great is hard to find an immediate replacement. The traffic to Mactan to those areas is bad also, and when I tried to find Crimson the signage was so bad I got lost for an hour!! Rooms are nice but the layout of the rooms vis a vis the beach is not the best IMHO.

I would take a favorite cutie to Shangri La for dinner for her birthday, great seafood and we know pinays love seafood.

Ms Account
06-22-16, 07:36
Was trying to reiterate that if people think they can conduct business and depend on the internet here, think again. It is a pity that members decide on a hotel based on their WiFi speed. With the proper device (I use a Huawei 4 G Mobile LTE pocket WiFi with Mimo antena), one does not have to depend on hotels or coffee shops for a decent internet connection!

People here are always complaining about internet speed but it's not the hotel's fault.The Quest hotel has a dedicated router per room and blistering fast internet at 20-30 Mbps. Hotel Elizabeth as a comparison is 2-3 Mbps even with line of sight of router. I was discussing with Jason FO Manager at Elizabeth their internet vs Quest and he said they would never invest in a router per room and recognised that their ISP just wasn't up to speed (he planned to change when the contract expired). Quest proves it can be done in the Philippines. It is a matter of making the investment. But agreed mobile data as a backup (it would never compete with 20 Mbps) is a sensible strategy.

LifeIsABeach
06-25-16, 21:02
Was trying to reiterate that if people think they can conduct business and depend on the internet here, think again. It is a pity that members decide on a hotel based on their WiFi speed. With the proper device (I use a Huawei 4 G Mobile LTE pocket WiFi with Mimo antena), one does not have to depend on hotels or coffee shops for a decent internet connection!During my last visit to Leyte, the hotel gave me a hotspot device to use in the room as their wifi was poor. It worked. I decided that I should buy one myself. While shopping at the Ayala Mall in Cebu city, I was told that these devices are carrier dependent and I need to buy a sim card for the carrier for it to work. Not being a techie, this is not what I was looking for. I wanted a device independent of carriers that I could use worldwide. Is there one or I always have a sim card not only for my phone but also for the hotspot device?

Avoloz
06-27-16, 23:26
During my last visit to Leyte, the hotel gave me a hotspot device to use in the room as their wifi was poor. It worked. I decided that I should buy one myself. While shopping at the Ayala Mall in Cebu city, I was told that these devices are carrier dependent and I need to buy a sim card for the carrier for it to work. Not being a techie, this is not what I was looking for. I wanted a device independent of carriers that I could use worldwide. Is there one or I always have a sim card not only for my phone but also for the hotspot device?In every country I visit, I get one SIM from the 'strongest' provider with data, text and voice load for the duration of my stay and put it in my phone. My phone is dual SIM, so I still having roaming on to receive SMS. When there is phone reception, there is a data connection. Pair all your devices with your phone (done once). Set up your phon as a HotSpot and Bob's your uncle. No need for any more gadgets. Enjoy.

Buko Max
06-28-16, 01:33
I was told that these devices are carrier dependent and I need to buy a sim card for the carrier for it to work. Not being a techie, this is not what I was looking for. I wanted a device independent of carriers that I could use worldwide. Is there one or I always have a sim card not only for my phone but also for the hotspot device?You need to get a SIM card for each country you operate in but there is another way you can get the frequency needed. It takes another device such as a tablet but not being a techie better scrub that idea!

The Quest hotel has a dedicated router per room and blistering fast internet at 20-30 Mbps.They must use PLDT as they are the fastest provider but one router per room? Unheard of even for so called business hotels!

Irony Monger
07-06-16, 14:30
Sorry if I misinterpret BM.

The pocket WiFi you use is what others have as the only way to go. I chose hotel as close to Ayala and a nice bed which the only criteria. I try to use my condo as then easier but not always possible (long story) and with PDLT I can get reasonable speed but the back up is the Huawei.

As I travel a lot you soon realize how poor the country is in connection speed.Actually, I have a new favorite pocket WiFi: the GlocalMe G2.

It has a "virtual SIM" that can connect to virtually any network on the planet without having to purchase a local SIM card. The rates are a bit higher than you would get from a local SIM, but saves you so much hassle on short trips. However, it also has two SIM card slots for adding local SIMs if you are going to be in one spot for a while. Best of all worlds in my opinion. Tested the virtual SIM capabilities in PI, Singapore, Thailand, and Canada with no problems. Only place I had issues was in the USA. Also running it off a SmartBro SIM in PI now. Great 4 G connections.

Wicked Roger
07-07-16, 23:08
Actually, I have a new favorite pocket WiFi: the GlocalMe G2.

It has a "virtual SIM" that can connect to virtually any network on the planet without having to purchase a local SIM card. The rates are a bit higher than you would get from a local SIM, but saves you so much hassle on short trips. However, it also has two SIM card slots for adding local SIMs if you are going to be in one spot for a while. Best of all worlds in my opinion. Tested the virtual SIM capabilities in PI, Singapore, Thailand, and Canada with no problems. Only place I had issues was in the USA. Also running it off a SmartBro SIM in PI now. Great 4 G connections.I would recommend this if you need something reliable and strong. Used it yesterday with I'm in my office and worked very well. As he said can be more expensive than the local stuff but I found it excellent and is something I will buy.

Also, this week the networks are slow and signal strength very poor (hot and cold at times) IMHO. I use Globe and the delivery of WhatsApp messages for example has taken 90+ minutes at times, lots of unsent SMS (first time of sending) and dropped calls.

Even some hotels I now lost their WiFi connections for a while.

LifeIsABeach
07-09-16, 02:59
Actually, I have a new favorite pocket WiFi: the GlocalMe G2. It has a "virtual SIM" that can connect to virtually any network on the planet without having to purchase a local SIM card. The rates are a bit higher than you would get from a local SIM, but saves you so much hassle on short trips. However, it also has two SIM card slots for adding local SIMs if you are going to be in one spot for a while. Best of all worlds in my opinion. Tested the virtual SIM capabilities in PI, Singapore, Thailand, and Canada with no problems. Only place I had issues was in the USA. Also running it off a SmartBro SIM in PI now. Great 4 G connections.Exactly what I have been looking for. Ordered on Amazon. Will have it in 2 days.

Wicked Roger
07-09-16, 06:29
the delivery of WhatsApp messages for example has taken 90+ minutes at times, lots of unsent SMS (first time of sending) and dropped calls.

Even some hotels I now lost their WiFi connections for a while.Just to show an example, met Westie and he forgot something so came back, he came, he collected, he left. Then 10 minutes later I get his SMS saying "I am coming back now to get it now" While a text message it shows the network issues (not new I know).

Everyone I know here is saying eh same regardless of operator or hotel. Some are clearly worse than others especially if full occupancy.

Irony Monger
07-11-16, 12:24
Exactly what I have been looking for. Ordered on Amazon. Will have it in 2 days.Met WR here at his office (Bo's) and showed him the G2 a couple days ago. I'm sure he will buy as he spent all day today whining about not being able to upload videos. Wonder what there were of ;)

One thing to note: if you buy a GlocalMe data plan like the 1 GB global, you cannot switch to another like the cheaper 1 GB SE Asia until the first if fully consumed, so just keep that in mind. But you can switch from the virtual SIM to either of the physical SIMs on demand. Also, if you get a local SIM card like SMARTBro, they go in upside down (circuit side up). Took me a while to figure that out.

LifeIsABeach
07-13-16, 20:45
Met WR here at his office (Bo's) and showed him the G2 a couple days ago. I'm sure he will buy as he spent all day today whining about not being able to upload videos. Wonder what there were of ;) One thing to note: if you buy a GlocalMe data plan like the 1 GB global, you cannot switch to another like the cheaper 1 GB SE Asia until the first if fully consumed, so just keep that in mind. But you can switch from the virtual SIM to either of the physical SIMs on demand. Also, if you get a local SIM card like SMARTBro, they go in upside down (circuit side up). Took me a while to figure that out.Thanks for the info. The GlocalMe G2 is sitting on my desk, unused yet. I have not even read the instructions etc as I do not have a need for it here in USA.

BrainDrain
07-13-16, 21:04
Thanks for the info. The GlocalMe G2 is sitting on my desk, unused yet. I have not even read the instructions etc as I do not have a need for it here in USA.These days anything that requires the instructions to actually be read is going to be a failure. Just turn it on and use the defaults before you leave home.

WestCoast1
07-27-16, 13:49
Also, this week the networks are slow and signal strength very poor (hot and cold at times) IMHO. I use Globe and the delivery of WhatsApp messages for example has taken 90+ minutes at times, lots of unsent SMS (first time of sending) and dropped calls.

Even some hotels I now lost their WiFi connections for a while.WR and I both had great difficulty connecting to the Internet in multiple places in Cebu a few weeks ago. I was at several hotels where the Internet was either down completely, or simply worthless. Using the Globe network was also useless at multiple times. For instance, I'd send a txt to WR about meeting at his office. An hour later we met there and were sharing a coffee, when his phone would beep and my txt finally came thru. Alternately about 1/3 of my txts FAILED TO SEND on the first try, even when I had full bars and a 4 G symbol. I'd be sitting in Bo's Coffee with full bars and 4 G + Bo's wifi running. I could not web browse, txt msg, or call anyone. I attempted to hotspot my phone to get my laptop on the Internet at times; I could connect the laptop to the hotspot easily, but could not use the Internet on the lappy: "Limited Connection" showing in the tray, which is a euphemism for "Try later fella".

WestCoast1
07-27-16, 14:20
Have stayed here before. Its literally in the Fuente Osmena circle (next to KFC). Much fewer street urchins this visit, I only got hit on twice by kids, in fact the same kid twice (not a pack), at about 6 am both times, when I was buying some hopia.

Its your basic p1800/ night place with full-size bed, table / chairs, coffee pot. Simple bathroom. Minimalistic. Rooms are date, it reminds me of Diplomat hotel on F Ramos St. My stay here a year prior had good strong Internet speed. This time, terrible. I was getting a decent signal from the router inside the room, and download speeds of 4-10 mb / s (not bad for a hotel). But outgoing speeds were either in the sub 0. 1 range. Sometimes my wifi tray icon would show "Limited Connection", which is euphemism for "Come back later". I went to the front desk to talk to them about it and showed that message to the 3 desk girls (always lookers behind the desk here). Quickly one of the girls said: "Yes sir, our hotel Internet is Limited Connection only". What? No, that message means your system is either overloaded, has gone down, or you have no bandwidth. "Yes sir, that is how our Internet is". Dejected, I went back to my room, dropped the laptop there, splashed on some cologne (well, not really, I grabbed some pesos), and went out and got a girl for the afternoon to chase my network blues away. It must have worked, as I forgot all about my internet problems at Elegant -- till now!

No problem bringing multiple girls in for my 3-some play. Plated breakfast for 2 was included in the price.

WestCoast1
07-28-16, 16:07
This place has been reviewed before. Located above Robinson's in Fuente. Spent several nights there recently. Upscale place (price reflected). Has a nice outdoor pool area. No breakfast was included (booking.com reservation I think). Pretty lobby area and restaurant. Room was wel-appointed. No problems bringing in multiple girls.

Downsides:

1) Getting to your room (or even the lobby) can be difficult. Step one: From the street, walk up a flight of stairs to get to the elevator. There is a security guard at the street level. When I arrived with luggage from the taxi, he made no attempt to help me up the flight of stairs with my luggage. I had to ask for the help, and he seemed a bit perturbed that I'd asked. He helped lug my suitcase up to the elevator level (same level as Bo's Coffee inside Robinson's on floor 1, where there is also a hotel entrance to the elevator). Step two: Elevator up to 4th floor where the lobby is, and check in. Step 3: Take a different set of elevators to my floor and get to my room. Getting out is the opposite: Elevator from my floor to the lobby; different set of elevators down to floor 1; finally down a flight of steps to the street.

2) Wifi sucked the entire time I was there. It was hit / miss, and during the hit times, extremely slow. Hotspotting from my phone was no better (should not have to hotspot in a swanky hotel).

3) This is an older hotel, remodeled in certain respects, but visible signs of wear in numerous places. See pics, these are from the walls in both my room, and another room on my floor. There were several rooms on my floor where the door was left open during various parts of the day, unoccupied. I walked into all of them, and all the rooms had walls that looked like mine. Its difficult from the western perspective to see such nice accoutrements in the room (nice bed, nice desk, nice couches, decent view from the window), and see the wall mirror and walls looking like this. However, this is pilipines!

Would not stay there again, given the price.

Red Kilt
07-29-16, 09:48
This place has been reviewed before. Located above Robinson's in Fuente. Spent several nights there recently. Upscale place (price reflected). Has a nice outdoor pool area. No breakfast was included (booking.com reservation I think). Pretty lobby area and restaurant. Room was wel-appointed. No problems bringing in multiple girls.
This used to be called Cebu MidTown and was the place where my work office always booked us between 1996 to 2000. It was one of the better hotels in Cebu (it pre-dated Marriott and the Terraces of Ayala), and I recall that 20 years ago it was in pretty good condition but starting to need some enhancement even then.

It was great because it was a 5 minute walk to (and from) the now deceased Silver Dollar, and it was easy to find girls who would happily walk the short distance.

I stayed there 5 years ago for old times sake and checked out after one night and went back to Parklane (my hotel of choice) for the remaining 4 days.

Clear Water
09-12-16, 09:00
Great hotel and across the road from Ayala Center. People come and go so very easy for casual hookups as the Building Houses Private Apartments as well. Just use just the main Road Entrance via Grand Cenia. Girls just come straight up to your rooms and do not need to submit any ID to security or such.

One thing I hate was when going to Ayala was negotiating 4 lines of traffic. Why can't they just build a Pedestrian walkway for fuks sakes. Also have to walk pass the bus port to get to the shops when a perfectly good park next door is all fenced off. WTF right?

Very good value if you are not after the Buffet Breakfast and can save yourself 1000 ph.

GoodEnough
09-28-16, 10:14
This is the third time I've stayed here and I found it to be, once again, comfortable, clean and reasonably efficient. The rooms are large and attractive, though the furnishings are fairly cheap and the "free" Internet fairly slow. The staff offer no hassles at all in coming and going from the room. The pool is large, well exposed to the sun, and though I'm not a great pool lover, many of the guests seem to enjoy it.

I reserved through Booking.com and got a price of about Php5,000 per night plus VAT and local taxes, so the two nights cost about Php13,000, which I thought was fairly reasonable for a hotel of this level.

GE.

Mr Hawaii
09-30-16, 06:50
When I went to Cebu 2 x a year, I stayed there regularly. It is quite a distance from the airport, but the location is perfect. Everyone knows the Robinson's location. Once you know your way around, it is great because you can enter the hotel from the mall, without going outside. Nobody knows if you are staying at the hotel or not. You can access the mall, or the grocery store located in the basement without going outside. The money exchange located on the 3rd floor gives good rates, and because you are within the Robinson's mall, of course, there are plenty of chances to talk to women.

At night you can walk to a lot of the bars. If you want to shop at the Ayala or SM mall, the taxi ride is not expensive, but the traffic is very heavy at the peak hours of 4-7 pm. Would recommend it to newbies. But, of course, to each his own.

Sammon
10-13-16, 00:52
Excellent hotel next to Ayala Mall. Paid 14000 for 5 nights for deluxe room with breakfast for two. Services are good, never had any problems with multiple visitors. Do not know if the security holds their I. The, did not ask. The girls came to the room directly.

Yesterday I had two girls, both college students. They wanted 1500 each. They were excellent service providers so I paid 4000 for both. They said they are studying some where (who cares).

This visit to Cebu is excellent. Some other girls I could have got but old body cannot handle too much sex. Off to Manila today. Once again have lined up two new girls. One stay two hours away from Manila and I doubt if she is coming spending her own money. I rarely send money for transportation. Other one has a job and cannot take off work. In other words have to leave early. If things change can fall back on two excellent girls I know who will definitely provide good service.

Will write a report.

Pute Nut
10-13-16, 01:30
Services are good, never had any problems with multiple visitors. Do not know if the security holds their I. The, did not ask. The girls came to the room directly.
Word of warning regarding this hotel. As per their "rules" the reserve the right to charge PHP 2000 (if memory serves) for "unregistered guests" still in your toom after 10 pm or so. I had some issues with the front desk not wanting to issue extra breakfast coupon unless guest is registered. Bringing girls in is not a prob per se, just go straight to the elevators.

There was a fat guy that often rode the same elevator as me, always with a new girl, so I guess anything goes.

Pute Nut
10-13-16, 01:37
If you want to shop at the Ayala or SM mall, the taxi ride is not expensive, but the traffic is very heavy at the peak hours of 4-7 pm. Would recommend it to newbies. But, of course, to each his own.When there's traffic, walking to Ayala is much faster than taxi or jeepney. Take a shortcut thru the small park where the youths hang out and enter thru Metro Supermarket side entrance (near supermarket taxi stand).

Sammon
10-13-16, 03:07
It says like that in the welcome letter I received on check in. But not enforced. Breakfast is only for two people. I used to take girls for breakfast but unless only one multiple girls I tell them to leave. Philippine girls hardly ever eat their fill at one sitting. For me if I have a good breakfast next meal will be evening dinner. I guess it is because girls just eat some rice only and they are hungry again in two hours. Yes, the girls if they look ok can walk straight to the elevator and get to the room. My girls are in by 6 pm. I guess if you bring in a girl after 10 pm the security registers them and hold their I. The. They do not check the rooms to see who is in your room after 10 pm.

Word of warning regarding this hotel. As per their "rules" the reserve the right to charge PHP 2000 (if memory serves) for "unregistered guests" still in your toom after 10 pm or so. I had some issues with the front desk not wanting to issue extra breakfast coupon unless guest is registered. Bringing girls in is not a prob per se, just go straight to the elevators.

There was a fat guy that often rode the same elevator as me, always with a new girl, so I guess anything goes.

Pute Nut
10-13-16, 04:34
They do not check the rooms to see who is in your room after 10 pm.Nope, for sure no 10 pm room check. All in all this is a very tight run ship, with generally well trained and discrete staff. Good value for Cebu.

Wicked Roger
10-13-16, 15:52
Excellent hotel next to Ayala Mall. Paid 14000 for 5 nights for deluxe room with breakfast for two. Services are good, never had any problems with multiple visitors. Do not know if the security holds their I. The, did not ask. The girls came to the room directly..How was the WiFi in the Mandarin? Have had mixed reviews on the speed and reliability.

I have stayed there a few times) when I needed a quiet bolt hole away from others eyes. Is on of bolt holes) and the WiFi was not as good as say Quest or as reliable).

Have fun in Manila.

Mahku
10-28-16, 19:54
When there's traffic, walking to Ayala is much faster than taxi or jeepney. Take a shortcut thru the small park where the youths hang out and enter thru Metro Supermarket side entrance (near supermarket taxi stand).Would you really walk from Fuente Osmena to Ayala? I admit that in the worst traffic it may actually be faster to walk, but in most weather at most times of day a guy would probably be soaked through with sweat walking that distance. I know I would.

Wicked Roger
10-29-16, 17:35
Would you really walk from Fuente Osmena to Ayala? I admit that in the worst traffic it may actually be faster to walk, but in most weather at most times of day a guy would probably be soaked through with sweat walking that distance. I know I would.If you don't sweat to much or get dehydrated you would likely die of lead poisoning from all the fumes, or be run over by some errant motorbike.

Madness to walk that far any time of the year in Cebu. For some walking from the Quest across the road to Ayala makes them sweat profusely at the wrong time of year LOL.

MrWoolyBooly
10-30-16, 20:15
Stayed here several nights. I can recommend for decent, reliable wifi and a decent buffet. 60 pesos from mall Ayala via taxi or Uber. Very nice relaxing pool (not for swimming) with a pleasant view on the 9th floor. Bar with nice view on the 10th floor. Had four girls in and out for various durations, and staff never blinked. If anybody can get in the pants of housekeeping girl on the fifth floor Lleuvy, you the man. Staff was overall helpful and friendly, from front desk to guard guys.

Member #4453
10-31-16, 06:33
Nice information, I did not know Caste peak was girl friendly.

Next time I will definitely stay there.

I stayed at Crown Regency Fuente Osmena a couple of years back, loads of Korean tourists, but I could not score because I was bit apprehensive.

Concierge guy helps you to score.

Stayed here several nights. I can recommend for decent, reliable WiFi and a decent buffet. 60 pesos from mall Ayala via taxi or Uber. Very nice relaxing pool (not for swimming) with a pleasant view on the 9th floor. Bar with nice view on the 10th floor. Had four girls in and out for various duration, and staff never blinked. If anybody can get in the pants of housekeeping girl on the fifth floor Lleuvy, you the man. Staff was overall helpful and friendly, from front desk to guard guys.

X Man
10-31-16, 13:21
The trick is to walk east on the same street as Lone Star. It veers north, takes you past the Richmond Hotel, and you end up on Gorordo just a few hundred meters south of Elizabeth Hotel. I guess most of you already know this route since the taxis often take this route from Ayala heading back toward red light area or F. Osmena.

Lone Star to Ayala is only about 2 km. Yes, it can be hot, and crossing some of the bigger streets can be a pain in the arse.

If you don't sweat to much or get dehydrated you would likely die of lead poisoning from all the fumes, or be run over by some errant motorbike.

Madness to walk that far any time of the year in Cebu. For some walking from the Quest across the road to Ayala makes them sweat profusely at the wrong time of year LOL.

Ms Account
12-18-16, 12:39
A few months ago I wrote a FR summarising my experience of Mactan resort hotels. This FR specifically is focused on Lapu Lapu city hotels. I have accumulated quite a few contacts in Mactan and I usually like to stay one night in Lapu Lapu on arrival to Cebu and one night on departure. In the past I usually could get The Waterfront Airport hotel for around 3600 pesos per night. In the last few months (maybe even last 6 months) I have found that Lapu Lapu hotels are heavily booked and most often the Waterfront Airport hotel is booked out or is now expensive at 5-6 K per night. Not sure if that is seasonal or an indication that the Koreans tourists are increasing or Cebu is benefiting from the new flights flying direct into Cebu. The vast majority of people I see in the foyers of Lapu Lapu hotels are Koreans. I have tried Goldberry suites. The foyer of this hotel looks very basic but the rooms are renovated and quite good for the price of around 2500-3000 pesos. Quite often this is also booked out or the one bed suite room at 5000 pesos is only available (which is a nice room but expensive). Crown Regency Suites is a run down old hotel where for 4000 pesos you get a studio with kitchen. Usually they are always available and is my last choice. In general Lapu Lapu hotels are not as good value as Cebu City hotels. Does anyone have suggestions for Lapu Lapu / Airport hotels?

BrainDrain
12-20-16, 00:47
Does anyone have suggestions for Lapu Lapu / Airport hotels?Thanks for the informative post. I'm looking too for a L2 hotel in February 17. I'm arriving late one night to catch a flight out the following morning. I'm OK with Cebu City hotels for the late night arrival but not so keen for the taxi ride back the following day. I was thinking to leave it to the girl to find a place.

For discussion looking on Skyscanner around Mactan shows the following options (prices are approx).

Park Hill Hotel P1000.

Lancaster Hotel P2000.

Hotel Cesario P1000.

The Bella Vista P2400.

Ms Account
12-20-16, 23:26
For discussion looking on Skyscanner around Mactan shows the following options (prices are approx).
Park Hill Hotel P1000.
Lancaster Hotel P2000.
Hotel Cesario P1000.
The Bella Vista P2400.The Bella Vista, Goldberry and Hotel Cesario are all located in the same vicinity on the main highway between the two bridges. This location is quite good because you can walk to Gaisano Mactan mall (bit of a walk in the heat but doable), Club Mermaid and Skyscape rooftop bar (quite a good bar and restaurant with views I highly recommend). The Bellavista always only seems to advertise twin single bed rooms so I have never booked there. Hotel Cesario from memory did not have wifi in the rooms. If you can get Goldberry at 2500-3000 pesos I would recommend that. Otherwise I am still searching for a favorite hotel.

Wicked Roger
12-21-16, 00:15
The Bella Vista, Goldberry and Hotel Cesario are all located in the same vicinity on the main highway between the two bridges. This location is quite good because you can walk to Gaisano Mactan mall (bit of a walk in the heat but doable), Club Mermaid and Skyscape rooftop bar (quite a good bar and restaurant with views I highly recommend). The Bellavista always only seems to advertise twin single bed rooms so I have never booked there. Hotel Cesario from memory did not have wifi in the rooms. If you can get Goldberry at 2500-3000 pesos I would recommend that. Otherwise I am still searching for a favorite hotel.For another alternative close to the airport and fairly close to Waterfront hotel you could try the Island Stays hotel. Bright orange is the branding color. This is at the end of the road that leads to the airport, very close to the mall and a Starbucks. Rooms are small (I have never stayed but have visited and inspected), clean and for 1 night is OK and a double room can be around PHP 1500 max.

http://www.islandsstay.com/

Pcpc1688
01-07-17, 04:20
Any comments welcome on this hotel?

Seems nice.

PC out.

Wicked Roger
01-08-17, 01:59

Seems nice.

PC out.Nice hotel yes, I find the location a pain as on Escario near the Capitol, so traffic is busy many times a day. Taxis to / from Ayala but you may need to wait as many pick up near Cebu Doctors and drive past to Ayala etc.

Some small restos nearby and a 7/11.

But friends who have stayed liked the place just the location can be awkward for lazy buggers like me LOL.

Pcpc1688
01-08-17, 03:16
Nice hotel yes, I find the location a pain as on Escario near the Capitol, so traffic is busy many times a day. Taxis to / from Ayala but you may need to wait as many pick up near Cebu Doctors and drive past to Ayala etc.

Some small restos nearby and a 7/11.

But friends who have stayed liked the place just the location can be awkward for lazy buggers like me LOL.I'll have to manage the location ughhhh.

As long as their are young piñays there all night LOL.

PC out.

Buko Max
01-08-17, 08:20
Any comments welcome on this hotel?*Great central location, lots of activity at night.

*American owned chain with loyalty program.

*Massive deluxe rooms.

*Above average breakfast buffet.

*Many restos and stores nearby.

Pcpc1688
01-08-17, 09:32
*Great central location, lots of activity at night.

What kinda activity lol?

*American owned chain with loyalty program.]

This I know since I'm American haha

*Massive deluxe rooms.

Fits more than 2 cousins and a sister or 2......heheh

*Above average breakfast buffet.

This is a good thing but Harolds had a really nice one too......

*Many restos and stores nearby.PC out.

I will love the big rooms, hows the wifi?

X Man
01-12-17, 13:08
I stayed at Bellavista once to avoid any traffic delays from Cebu when I had a flight at a rush hour time. Wouldn't repeat.

The Bella Vista, Goldberry and Hotel Cesario are all located in the same vicinity on the main highway between the two bridges. This location is quite good because you can walk to Gaisano Mactan mall (bit of a walk in the heat but doable), Club Mermaid and Skyscape rooftop bar (quite a good bar and restaurant with views I highly recommend). The Bellavista always only seems to advertise twin single bed rooms so I have never booked there. Hotel Cesario from memory did not have wifi in the rooms. If you can get Goldberry at 2500-3000 pesos I would recommend that. Otherwise I am still searching for a favorite hotel.

Buko Max
02-04-17, 04:58
I will love the big rooms, hows the wifi?WiFi is as good as can be expected. Forgot to mention they have a rooftop pool with a view!

GoodEnough
02-16-17, 11:50
Cebu is not my favorite place to hang out in the Philippines, but I've got a buddy here whom I've not seen for a while, and decided to spend three nights here to hang out with him. I've stayed at some of the self-described 5 stars here--Raddisson Blu and Marriott--and while their prices were high-end, the overall quality was more in the 3. 5 star category. This trip, I decided to once again try the Park Lane, where I had last stayed several years ago. In my view it's an excellent value for money. I've got a large room with king size bed and decent furnishings for about $65 a night including all taxes. The buffet breakfast for 2 is included in the price. The location is good, near Ayala and the center of town, and there's no problem catching taxis, Uber cars or Grab cars.

This is the best value that I've found here, and were it not for the fact that it's almost always full, precluding last minute bookings, I'd make it my default in Cebu.

GE.

Clear Water
02-17-17, 21:00
PC out.

I will love the big rooms, hows the wifi?Ok but they block torrent downloading.

Voucher needed for 6 day or 3 day pass.

Omega 3
02-20-17, 11:24
Cebu is not my favorite place to hang out in the Philippines, but I've got a buddy here whom I've not seen for a while, and decided to spend three nights here to hang out with him. I've stayed at some of the self-described 5 stars here--Raddisson Blu and Marriott--and while their prices were high-end, the overall quality was more in the 3. 5 star category. This trip, I decided to once again try the Park Lane, where I had last stayed several years ago. In my view it's an excellent value for money. I've got a large room with king size bed and decent furnishings for about $65 a night including all taxes. The buffet breakfast for 2 is included in the price. The location is good, near Ayala and the center of town, and there's no problem catching taxis, Uber cars or Grab cars.

This is the best value that I've found here, and were it not for the fact that it's almost always full, precluding last minute bookings, I'd make it my default in Cebu.

GE.Was interested to read GE's post about Parklane, and glad to learn that service obviously has improved since I stayed there a number of years ago.

At the time, was supporting a nursing student through CTK College in Catbalogan. She had a few days off, so we booked a premium stateroom on the (slow) overnight boat to Cebu City. The premium stateroom turned out to be a small, noisy cabin with a tiny ensuite CR strongly smelling of disinfectant. Better than open-deck passage. We arrived at Cebu Pier shortly after dawn, feeling quite tired, and took a taxi to Parklane, only to be met by execrable service at the front desk and from the surly bellman, and, the following morning, at breakfast. I vowed never to return, and never did.

My go-to hotel in Cebu City eventually became the Marco Polo Plaza in Nivel Hills. Enjoyed the panoramic views, the soothing green mountain, and the feeling of being in a modest "sanctuary" away from chaos.

But, was glad to read GE's encouraging post about Parklane. Some things do improve!

OM.

P.S. Subsequently, parted ways with the nursing student, who got pregnant (but not by me) her second semester at CTK, and dropped out of school with terrible grades. "C'est la vie".

Kaukaukane
03-22-17, 05:14

Seems nice.

PC out.Love it. Nice eateries of all levels within a few minutes of each other. OK breakfast but nothing to write home about. Will return again.

Mr Hawaii
03-28-17, 07:32
A little expensive. The three nights averaged $133 per night without breakfast. Location is great, adjacent to ayala mall; in fact it was 105 steps from front door to first restaurant (UCC) for breakfast at 7 am in the morning. Money changer in the mall gave good exchange rate. Taxi to the airport was 211 pesos. My taxi driver said he was 57 yo and had 18 yo wife and several girlfriends. The ride took 45", and the inside of the airport at Cebu is a total clusterfuck. Have not been there in years, so was surprised when I went in for my flight back to Manila. Taxi from Marriott to Robinson- Fuente Osmena cost 64 pesos. Absolutely no problem bringing girls into the hotel.

If you want to cause a scene, go into the Watson drugstore at ayala mall (or any drugstore), and ask where the KY jelly is. I thought I might need it, so wanted to be prepared. I looked around, then asked a girl at the counter. Well, she apparently did not know what it was, so she asked the other counter girl, who broke into a big smile, and said, "follow me, sir", and led me to the display, then she said something to the other 4 counter girls, and all had a good laugh. I said I needed enough for all of them. They are probably still laughing.

Red Kilt
03-28-17, 13:30
If you want to cause a scene, go into the Watson drugstore at ayala mall (or any drugstore), and ask where the KY jelly is. I thought I might need it, so wanted to be prepared. I looked around, then asked a girl at the counter. Well, she apparently did not know what it was, so she asked the other counter girl, who broke into a big smile, and said, "follow me, sir", and led me to the display, then she said something to the other 4 counter girls, and all had a good laugh. I said I needed enough for all of them. They are probably still laughing.I have had similar smirks passed and sly comments made between shop assistants when I have purchased either lube, condoms or both together.

Just a small tip.

KY Gel is sold as a medical item and is priced accordingly. A much cheaper (and better, because it's less "sticky") option is "Durex Play gel" which is sold in a more user-friendly tube and is almost always available within or very close to the condom display in Watson's and Mercury pharmacies.

WR has also previously posted photos of an additional use for the tube itself apart from the contents.

Wicked Roger
03-28-17, 18:13
I have had similar smirks passed and sly comments made between shop assistants when I have purchased either lube, condoms or both together.

Just a small tip.

KY Gel is sold as a medical item and is priced accordingly. A much cheaper (and better, because it's less "sticky") option is "Durex Play gel" which is sold in a more user-friendly tube and is almost always available within or very close to the condom display in Watson's and Mercury pharmacies.

WR has also previously posted photos of an additional use for the tube itself apart from the contents.I have similar experiences M H but now I know where it is I don't ask but you will get the odd smirk at times (some may think you are bakla also LOL). But as RK says the play gel is excellent and has multiple uses LOL. See the attached pictures for an example.

Pcpc1688
03-29-17, 01:46

GE.Havnt stayed there however Mandarin Plaza across street is a great value at 30-40 a night. Large clean rooms, decent wifi and breakfast ok. Even closer walk than Park lane LOL.

PC out.

X Man
03-29-17, 01:48
Thanks for the report. I have two money changers in Cebu that I regularly use simply because they have the best rates. One is below Mercury Drug at the Fuente Circle. The other is the 4th floor money changer at Ayala mall. It's a bit tricky to find. It's between Gold's Gym and the food court.

A little expensive. The three nights averaged $133 per night without breakfast. Location is great, adjacent to ayala mall; in fact it was 105 steps from front door to first restaurant (UCC) for breakfast at 7 am in the morning. Money changer in the mall gave good exchange rate. SNIP.

Omega 3
03-29-17, 03:12
Just a small tip.

KY Gel is sold as a medical item and is priced accordingly. A much cheaper (and better, because it's less "sticky") option is "Durex Play gel" which is sold in a more user-friendly tube and is almost always available within or very close to the condom display in Watson's and Mercury pharmacies.Personally prefer "Felina", a "user friendly" water-based personal lubricant with a "silky" feeling. P240 for small tube, sold at Watson's.

Asked the salesgirl at Watson's Ayala for assistance, and, based on her friendly reaction, mentally noted her for possible future reference. The list of "possibles" is growing longer daily.

Too many possibilities, not enough time.

OM.

Omega 3
03-29-17, 04:48
Love it. Nice eateries of all levels within a few minutes of each other. OK breakfast but nothing to write home about. Will return again.From BWL, just walk across Escario (at the traffic signal and crosswalk), and on past Penong's (further down Juana Osmena Street) for less than 20 meters, and you will find Big Tom. Best hamburgers in Cebu.

Also, from BWL, if you walk east (in the direction toward Gororordo or Ayala) for less than 50 meters, you will find a mini-mall area, called Escario Central, with a 7-11 at the corner, perpendicular to Escario. Walk into the mini-mall, and you will find Michelangelo (branch) with some of the best pizza and simple Italian food in Cebu. Also in this mini-mall are the tasty Tongara Ramen, plus a coffee shop, and also Politics, which serves a popular (with locals) AYCE lunch buffet.

There are more good eating joints around Best Western Lex, especially in the Vibo Axis mini-mall area (Pigafetta in particular, with great Italian fare) but a bit farther away.

OM.

Wicked Roger
03-29-17, 05:01
Thanks for the report. I have two money changers in Cebu that I regularly use simply because they have the best rates. One is below Mercury Drug at the Fuente Circle. The other is the 4th floor money changer at Ayala mall. It's a bit tricky to find. It's between Gold's Gym and the food court.The Ayala changer I always use for all currencies. Is a small place but worth the trek. After the escalator turn left and walk past Western Union and it it there on the left.

For pesos I go to the one on the ground floor near the information booth. Both good rates IMHO.

Gunners1
03-29-17, 16:05
I know we are digressing from the topic of hotels.

I find the place on the ground floor inside metro to be the best rate.

Though I have to always complete a form which is a bit of a hasstle. But the place is busy with people paying bills, buying the lotto etc. Ample opportunity to strike a conversation with some non pros when you count your pesos. I have met one girl from there. But nothing to write home about. Ended up giving her 2. 5 k in the morning.

It's always fun in cebu.

G.

The Ayala changer I always use for all currencies. Is a small place but worth the trek. After the escalator turn left and walk past Western Union and it it there on the left.

For pesos I go to the one on the ground floor near the information booth. Both good rates IMHO.

BrainDrain
03-30-17, 00:14
If you want to cause a scene, go into the Watson drugstore at ayala mall (or any drugstore), and ask where the KY jelly is. I thought I might need it, so wanted to be prepared. I looked around, then asked a girl at the counter. Can also buy lube at many 7-11 where it is often available in single use sachets.

Pcpc1688
04-03-17, 03:09
The Ayala changer I always use for all currencies. Is a small place but worth the trek. After the escalator turn left and walk past Western Union and it it there on the left.

For pesos I go to the one on the ground floor near the information booth. Both good rates IMHO.Best Money changer is in Rustans Market Ayala Mall. Walk in and turn right in a booth / office. Better than most by. 1-. 20 usually.

PC out.

Buko Max
04-03-17, 12:04
I find the place on the ground floor inside metro to be the best rate.

Though I have to always complete a form which is a bit of a hasstle.Can't be bothered filling out any forms and in some cases, they check your ID.

My go to place is and has always been the money changer on the second floor of Robinson's Fuente. Moved up from the basement since an attempted hist by a gang from Negros where a security guard died doing his job defending the women that work there. They never post the rates because it changes several times a day. Have compared their rates and they are usually the best. Always fast service because they have three women staffing the place.

NewImage
05-18-17, 10:48
Considering between 2. Seems Quest is best, Parklane cheaper.

Any deal breakers here? Opinions please.

Wicked Roger
05-18-17, 17:17

Any deal breakers here? Opinions please.Stayed in both either are OK, the Parklane is favored by GE as the newer refurbished areas are nice, the Quest is newer and also clean and comfy. If price is the one determinant then choose the cheapest in my view.

Wazoo
05-21-17, 13:56
I'm staying in the Philippines almost a month and need to shave some cost on some of those days to that I can splurge on some others. The Red Planet is a significant discount from other hotels in the area. The online reviews are good. I know it's not going to impress any dates, but is it at least girl friendly?

Buko Max
05-21-17, 14:38
Considering between 2. Seems Quest is best, Parklane cheap.Would not stay in either property! Traffic is hellacious in that area during rush hours. Parklane is an island onto itself and difficult to walk off the property. The pool area is nice with the bar but purchases and incidentals at the hotel all come with a 25% VAT / service fee. Quest is not a good value for the money as you will find out. Seems like many guys don't like to stray too far from Ayala Mall.

Wicked Roger
05-21-17, 17:05
Would not stay in either property! Traffic is hellacious in that area during rush hours. Parklane is an island onto itself and difficult to walk off the property. The pool area is nice with the bar but purchases and incidentals at the hotel all come with a 25% VAT / service fee. Quest is not a good value for the money as you will find out. Seems like many guys don't like to stray too far from Ayala Mall.How is Parklane difficult? You go out to the main road, walk over the zebra crossing, go down the alley way and you see Ayala. Or go left down the hill, turn right and half way down you can get to Ayala. Not hard.

Quest? All you do is navigate the main road which can be a bugger at times (easy in rush hour as all the cars are backed up and stopped) but is not that hard, walk into the PUV station and find your way to the H&M entrance of Ayala. All of 5 minutes.

Elizabeth where I used to stay? Even faster to Ayala via the department store exit.

Red Planet is close to Elizabeth and I agree with Wazoo is cheap does the job and girls may not be impressed but they still go there. I use / used that as a meeting hotel at times to avoid being seen at another place with a different girl.

All close to Ayala, all very walkable and IMHO easy to get to Ayala so price etc decides for many.

GoodEnough
05-21-17, 22:59
Would not stay in either property! Traffic is hellacious in that area during rush hours. Parklane is an island onto itself and difficult to walk off the property. The pool area is nice with the bar but purchases and incidentals at the hotel all come with a 25% VAT / service fee. Quest is not a good value for the money as you will find out. Seems like many guys don't like to stray too far from Ayala Mall.I don't know the Quest Hotel, but I did stay at the Parklane a couple of months ago and had no issues at all. Walking back to the hotel from Ayala was dead simple, and your statement that it's difficult to walk off the property mystifies me.

GE.

LifeIsABeach
05-22-17, 04:28
I'm staying in the Philippines almost a month and need to shave some cost on some of those days to that I can splurge on some others. The Red Planet is a significant discount from other hotels in the area. The online reviews are good. I know it's not going to impress any dates, but is it at least girl friendly?I stayed at a Chinese hotel in the same area at some discounted rates. When I got there, I found that it was in their very old building, many things not working, old tube tv etc. Not what I expected. I made a fuss as pictures do not show that online. The Manager upgraded me to the new wing and a really nice room.

I suggest, you make clear with them what you are getting. If it is what I got, pay more.

Dg8787
05-22-17, 06:08
I'm staying in the Philippines almost a month and need to shave some cost on some of those days to that I can splurge on some others. The Red Planet is a significant discount from other hotels in the area. The online reviews are good. I know it's not going to impress any dates, but is it at least girl friendly?Red planet is still impressive to 99% of the girls. Take the time to go visit their homes. Most will like the cr in red planet as the shower is better than the other higher priced hotels. Also RP has bum blaster while other hotels don't. RP elevator by passes the lobby too for more privacy.

The only thing missing is the "free buffet" built in to the other hotel prices. Some girls like the buffet and others don't. Others don't like to be seen with foreigners in public.

The only thing really missing is a swimming pool. Other than that RP has better direct access to Ayala Mall without getting killed!

Btw, book it on travel advisor as it is cheaper than their member rates.

Ms Account
05-24-17, 10:29

Any deal breakers here? Opinions please.I have not stayed at Parklane for a long time where the room was a bit run down but it seems from recent reports there has been renovations. The reason I would always choose Quest is internet speed. Maybe not important for you. But getting a reliable greater than 7/8 MB / s connection is required by a trading software I use extensively. Quest have installed Rise as their ISP. Rise is a new internet provider for commercial buildings only (although they are starting on residential buildings). I usually get 20-40 mb / s at the Quest. Very intelligently they have installed the routers in every second room (above the bed. So not sure whether that is good for the health) not in the hallway. So even if your room does not have a router you only have one concrete wall to the router. In hotels that have routers in the hall way quite often I have to stand at the room door to get connection. I have also purchased Globe pocket wifi. At best I get 7 MB / s but most often I only get 1 Mb / s. So I am still dependent on the hotel's internet. Most of the other hotels around Ayala are atrocious internet including Elizabeth, Golden Prince. Don't know about Red Planet. Just another evaluation perspective that may not be a driver for you.

Col Law
05-28-17, 10:11
Myself I find the place inside raintree mall to be the best rates, you can tell by the amount of Phil's there. A queue inside most hours but dealt with expediently Shouild add it is a cash place, not TC or cards should be my place I go

For pesos I go to the one on the ground floor near the information booth. Both good rates IMHO. Should be titled my place i go

Buko Max
05-30-17, 02:27
I don't know the Quest Hotel, but I did stay at the Parklane a couple of months ago and had no issues at all. Walking back to the hotel from Ayala was dead simple, and your statement that it's difficult to walk off the property mystifies me.During rush hours, it is difficult to walk to the Parklane as I was almost run over trying to cross the street. Not very fond of their service last time I stayed there either.

All close to Ayala, all very walkable and IMHO easy to get to Ayala so price etc decides for many.Is Ayala the center of your universe? Seems like many guys cannot stray too far from their comfort zone. Maybe it reminds you of home, eh?

Have been steering people to the Lex or Harolds as they are fairly new and service is top notch.

NewImage
05-30-17, 05:55
During rush hours, it is difficult to walk to the Parklane as I was almost run over trying to cross the street. Not very fond of their service last time I stayed there either.

Is Ayala the center of your universe? Seems like many guys cannot stray too far from their comfort zone. Maybe it reminds you of home, eh?

Have been steering people to the Lex or Harolds as they are fairly new and service is top notch.Any feedback on Golden Prince. 6 min walk to Ayala. Looks ok.

Ms Account
05-30-17, 14:27
Any feedback on Golden Prince. 6 min walk to Ayala. Looks ok.I used to stay here of and on a few years ago after they first opened their new wing. Originally they only had one wing. The building with one lift on the left looking at reception. They then opened a new bigger wing with two lifts right of reception. I have heard so many complaints of people staying in the old wing. I remember one American guy loudly complaining to reception there was no window in his room. So you need to book the new wing. Just checking bookings.com and their own direct website I am confused which room types is the new wing and which is the old wing. I can guarantee the deluxe room is the new wing which has one double and one single bed. I think the prince studio is the old wing and is a cheaper price but I can't be sure. I was shocked at the prices. I used to pay two to three years ago 2100 for the deluxe. I think the old wing was around 1850. Their own website is quoting 4100 for the deluxe room. Bookings.com is quoting 3000. At that price Elizabeth or Quest offer better value IMHO.

Ms Account
05-30-17, 14:41
Is Ayala the center of your universe? Seems like many guys cannot stray too far from their comfort zone. Maybe it reminds you of home, eh? Have been steering people to the Lex or Harolds as they are fairly new and service is top notch.I am a "close to Ayala" convert. Agree both Lex and Harolds are modern 4 star rooms at reasonable prices. Harolds Roof deck bar is one of my favourite restaurants. But I have to disagree with you. Their location is not desirable. Harolds is in the middle of nowhere. It is too far to walk to Ayala and there is nothing around there. Ok taxis are cheap but it is just inconvenient. The Best Western Lex has the strip of restaurants next door (including the Politics bar I have frequented regularly) and Capitol across the road but still for mall access it is totally inconvenient. If they were cheaper than the around Ayala hotels then I would say yeah sure forget their location disadvantage. But they are more expensive than the Ayala hotels like Quest, Elizabeth.
But maybe it depends on your mode of operation. If you have one dedicated girl staying with you then maybe Lex and Harolds are good options. But if you have multiple existing or prospective meetups (where you are going to meet them first time at a mall), then these hotels are not good options IMHO.

Wicked Roger
05-30-17, 16:45
I am a "close to Ayala" convert. Agree both Lex and Harolds are modern 4 star rooms at reasonable prices. Harolds Roof deck bar is one of my favourite restaurants. But I have to disagree with you. Their location is not desirable. Harolds is in the middle of nowhere. It is too far to walk to Ayala and there is nothing around there. Ok taxis are cheap but it is just inconvenient. The Best Western Lex has the strip of restaurants next door (including the Politics bar I have frequented regularly) and Capitol across the road but still for mall access it is totally inconvenient. If they were cheaper than the around Ayala hotels then I would say yeah sure forget their location disadvantage. But they are more expensive than the Ayala hotels like Quest, Elizabeth.
But maybe it depends on your mode of operation. If you have one dedicated girl staying with you then maybe Lex and Harolds are good options. But if you have multiple existing or prospective meetups (where you are going to meet them first time at a mall), then these hotels are not good options IMHO.Am also an Ayala body and when Iw as not close to AYala in a condo further away I was not a happy monger LOL. I prefer Ayala over SM and liek the range of restos etc and my; office' is there.

Lex is nice, Harold's is OK for me but price is also important as is location. IF the later 2 were cheaper significantly than the Ayala location hotels I may be persuaded at the time but Ayala always draws me back.

Personal choice and I like the mall atmosphere and watching the eye candy etc.

Taxis are cheap but try and get one along Escario when you need one and sometimes (especially when its the the rainy season) you will get soaked first. So when that happens I would stay in Ayala and drink more coffee etc (one day the rain was so heavy I could not even walk across the road to the condo as it was a river so I stayed in the mall for 2 hours. Can't do that if stuck on Escario IMHO).

But we all have out choices and YMMV.

Amadeuss
05-30-17, 21:00
http://abchotelcebu.com/main/

Its perfect for me, although not close to Ayala. But from the location on F. Ramos Street I can catch anytime a cab to Ayala for 70 Peso. And if I don't have a date-girl then its walking distance to the Mango Area.

The rate of 1450 P.S. Allow me savings for other activities. The girls like the room design, its new, everything works and you have direct acess to the lift without passing reception.

Pcpc1688
05-31-17, 15:19
I am a "close to Ayala" convert. Agree both Lex and Harolds are modern 4 star rooms at reasonable prices. Harolds Roof deck bar is one of my favourite restaurants. But I have to disagree with you. Their location is not desirable. Harolds is in the middle of nowhere. It is too far to walk to Ayala and there is nothing around there. Ok taxis are cheap but it is just inconvenient. The Best Western Lex has the strip of restaurants next door (including the Politics bar I have frequented regularly) and Capitol across the road but still for mall access it is totally inconvenient. If they were cheaper than the around Ayala hotels then I would say yeah sure forget their location disadvantage. But they are more expensive than the Ayala hotels like Quest, Elizabeth.
But maybe it depends on your mode of operation. If you have one dedicated girl staying with you then maybe Lex and Harolds are good options. But if you have multiple existing or prospective meetups (where you are going to meet them first time at a mall), then these hotels are not good options IMHO.I've stayed at Harold's many times and walking too Ayala isn't that bad (10 minutes, 20 if your incredibly fat LOL) Its the heat in that 10-15 min walk that sucks as you arrive sweaty for sure. I like Mandarin and dislike Quest. Mandarin has big rooms and free breakfast, Quest dark rooms and charge US prices for their so-so breakfast. Harold's has better breakfast buffet that's free. LEX is nice with huge rooms and large baths but somewhat tired and can't really walk to Ayala without fear of getting killed by Jeepney or car and the exhaust from all the vehicles dam near kill me LOL.

I've stayed at Alpa Suites too but taxi too Ayala is slow and 80-100 p per ride. Ok rooms and cheap with a good breakfast buffet.

PC out.

PC out.

Toronto
06-01-17, 06:13
In the past couple trips I tried mandarin, Elizabeth and big hotels. Elizabeth was recommended by WR and I can see why. Affordable rates, good size rooms, decent breakfast and easy walk to Ayala. I don't care about not having a pool but must say the wifi was poor. Mandarin was also affordable and easy walk to Ayala. I didn't find crossing the street to be all that difficult but if you do a short walk down to the crossing below the overpass makes it much easier. A lot of Chinese package tourists so breakfast is a zoo. BIG hotel is very convenient if meeting up with girls from areas such as mandaue and also laps lapu since Ayala is "so far" as they say. All I did was tell them to meet me at parkmall which is directly across the street so that I can wait in the hotel just as I do with Ayala meetings. You also have dining options at Times Square. The Chinese restaurant at Times Square is probably the best I had in Cebu. Rates were very reasonable but no pool. If you really need a pool you could pay day use rates at nearby westown lagoon.

X Man
06-02-17, 14:01
Thanks for the report. I've stayed at Holiday Plaza and Diplomat, both on Ramos, and the new ABC hotel is in the middle of the two. Looking at the website, the rooms look small and simple. Was breakfast included and how was that?

Its perfect for me, although not close to Ayala. But from the location on F. Ramos Street I can catch anytime a cab to Ayala for 70 Peso. And if I don't have a date-girl then its walking distance to the Mango Area.

The rate of 1450 P.S. Allow me savings for other activities. The girls like the room design, its new, everything works and you have direct acess to the lift without passing reception.

Cbea20
06-09-17, 02:22
I stayed at Red Planet to be near the airport. The room was small, the place otherwise nice. I had no occasion to bring in a girl but I'm sure it would be no problem.

I'm staying in the Philippines almost a month and need to shave some cost on some of those days to that I can splurge on some others. The Red Planet is a significant discount from other hotels in the area. The online reviews are good. I know it's not going to impress any dates, but is it at least girl friendly?

Wicked Roger
06-09-17, 03:50
I stayed at Red Planet to be near the airport. The room was small, the place otherwise nice. I had no occasion to bring in a girl but I'm sure it would be no problem.The Red Planet is near Ayala so is between 30=90 minutes to the airport depending on the day, the time, roadworks in Mandaue, roadworks on the bridge and if the taxi driver takes you t eh short cuts. Closer to airport is Days Inn and Island Resort plus the Waterfront.

RP is cheap, rooms small and for a month you may feel boxed in but YMMV and we all have different views.

If budget pricing is needed and close to Ayala also a need then RP is fine as Golden Prince nearby seems to have raised prices.

If Ayala is not a great need try airbnb towards the Mango area as many studios and 1 bed places on offer Wazoo.

Omega 3
06-14-17, 06:41
On the way from Mactan to Marco Polo the other day, passed down AS Fortuna St and J Centre Mall. I asked the taxi driver if the new Toyoko Inn was open yet, and he replied affirmatively.

Toyoko Inn is a widespread Japanese hotel chain, with decent mid-level / economical accommodations. Have stayed at several different Toyoko Inn hotels in Japan over the years. In Cebu, Toyoko Inn is located in the mid-rise new tower atop the J Centre Mall on AS Fortuna, and is currently advertising a promo price of Php 1,500 per night.

Might be interesting to check out?

OM.

Buko Max
06-16-17, 03:20

The rate of 1450 P.S. Allow me savings for other activities. The girls like the room design, its new, everything works and you have direct acess to the lift without passing reception.Had a chance to try this hotel one afternoon and walked in with my date. They were sold out of standard rooms and I suggested a family room for the same price. After a brief conversation with the manager, the clerk excepted my offer. New and super clean with a 24 hour convenience store in the same building. Close to Time Out and many other bars and restaurants.

Toyoko Inn is a widespread Japanese hotel chain, with decent mid-level / economical accommodations. Have stayed at several different Toyoko Inn hotels in Japan over the years. In Cebu, Toyoko Inn is located in the mid-rise new tower atop the J Centre Mall on AS Fortuna, and is currently advertising a promo price of Php 1,500 per night.It's about time they opened. Their soft opening was suppose to be back in February. They must have converted to Filipino time! Looking forward to trying this property as location is good and in an area I tend to frequent.

Fat Bruce
06-20-17, 19:48
My favourite hotel is Red Planet. Very clean and convenient for Ayala. Rooms are quite small but shower is good and bed is comfortable. Easy to take visitors in. Usually a fairly cheap hotel but prices do go up if you don't book in advance. Breakfast is a problem here if you like some food after a night on the job! A Macdonalds is close, not that I like their food but going there early morning gives you lots of chance to meet call centre girls coming off duty. In Cebu you need to organise your time and location carefully. I have recently found a condo very close to SM city mall San Marino. Not the best designed and some shoddy workmanship throughout but walking distance to the mall. I tend to travel between Ayala and SM city mall by the jeepney. Bit slow and hot but hugely profitable for random meet ups.

X Man
07-20-17, 13:33
Has anyone stayed at Diplomat, Holiday Plaza, or Summit lately? Wish we had more activity on this thread.

I've stayed in the Ayala area also, and given a few reviews on the hotel thread.

LevDog
07-28-17, 01:29
Has anyone stayed at Diplomat, Holiday Plaza, or Summit lately? Wish we had more activity on this thread.

I've stayed in the Ayala area also, and given a few reviews on the hotel thread.Diplomat is great. Price is good, ask to stay in the refurbished section and you will get fast internet. I have had some problems bringing in girls at times. Other times there have been no problems. Holiday Plaza internet is very bad if you need internet- one time I checked in and out when they said the internet has been out for a few days.

WestCoast1
08-06-17, 02:41

I've stayed in the Ayala area also, and given a few reviews on the hotel thread.Diplomat, basic p1500/ night place. Girl friendly.

Summit, see my report from last year. Expensive given the condition of the place and area.

Bab Com
08-07-17, 09:41

I've stayed in the Ayala area also, and given a few reviews on the hotel thread.Diplomat on first trip in Cebu.

Cheap / noisy.

Girl friendly.

I upgraded with better hotels with swimming pool and silent AC like quest just opposite archbishop Reyes and Ayala mall.

Pcpc1688
09-12-17, 10:40
Nice hotel. WRs long time fav right WR? LOL.

Crap wifi LOL imagine that huh.

Got a Jr Suite and it's large with nice bathroom.

Ok Buffett breakfast and GF friendly.

Day 1.

Too lazy so called in room Massagi and got J. 2 hours and surprise HJ for 1500 p. Little high but she was nice and had a good attitude and wet vagina.

Day 2.

Got a Badoo girl that stalked me the rest of the trip LOL. Ok but pussy wasn't clean ughhh.

Day 3.

Another Badoo girl and nice and shy. Yeah right 15-16 minutes after in room was ridum cowboy. She was a normie and I gave her 500 for cab money.

Off to Makati now.

PC out.

Wicked Roger
09-12-17, 18:09
Nice hotel. WRs long time fav right WR? LOL.

Crap wifi LOL imagine that huh.

Got a Jr Suite and it's large with nice bathroom.

Ok Buffett breakfast and GF friendly.

PC out.Yes a fav and the Wifi was better then but I would always be in a room close to the router and if the Wifi was on and off I would go to the corridor and unplug the router then replug and that always worked for me LOL.

Breakfast was OK and the hotel is so GFE I agree but I would always like breakfast in my 'office' so sometimes never bothered at the hotel even though it was free and the cuties always loved it so it had an upside.

The showers in the main rooms (no suites) are big enough for 3 girls also.

Wicked Roger
10-13-17, 17:51
As it is owned by Ayala and it has the Seda brand the Marriott the first hotel I stayed in when I first visited Cebu well before the terraces was built is to be renamed / rebranded.

http://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/150361/cebu-city-marriot-hotel-carry-ayala-brand-next-year

Mango King
10-19-17, 23:41
I stayed at Elizabeth for about 8 nights recently. First in a regular "Deluxe" room and then a Jr Suite. The Deluxe room wasn't deluxe but OK. The AC in the Deluxe room was extra humid but the AC in the Jr Suite was perfect.

The Deluxe room had a walking shower but the Jr Suite had a tub with shower which I don't like.

Pros.

- Staff was awesome. Had multiple room cleanings per day and never was even asked why.

- Close to Ayala.

- Reasonable price.

Cons.

- Terrible Wifi.

- Elevator key readers are broken and it would take 10-20 swipes to read (mgmt aware and waiting for vendor).

- A/C in Deluxe room was extra humid.

- Breakfast was terrible, but it was included in room rate so I just skipped it most days.

I booked Quest for my next trip. I hear it has better internet and prices are about the same as Elizabeth.

Wicked Roger
10-20-17, 14:50
I stayed at Elizabeth for about 8 nights recently. First in a regular "Deluxe" room and then a Jr Suite. The Deluxe room wasn't deluxe but OK. The AC in the Deluxe room was extra humid but the AC in the Jr Suite was perfect.

The Deluxe room had a walking shower but the Jr Suite had a tub with shower which I don't like.

Pros.

- Staff was awesome. Had multiple room cleanings per day and never was even asked why.

- Close to Ayala.

- Reasonable price.

Cons.

- Terrible Wifi.

- Elevator key readers are broken and it would take 10-20 swipes to read (mgmt aware and waiting for vendor).

- A/C in Deluxe room was extra humid.

- Breakfast was terrible, but it was included in room rate so I just skipped it most days.

I booked Quest for my next trip. I hear it has better internet and prices are about the same as Elizabeth.Good observations MK. I used to stay at the Elizabeth but no need now. The Wifi at times played up but never as bad as some now suggest. Also I got a room next door to the router of af any issue I just went into the corridor and unplugged it, waited 10 second and plugged it on again!

Quest is better for wWifi and has a pool (latter was never a great need for me). But I preferred Elizabeth as easier to walk to Ayala from there than Quest but as you say pros / cons and we all make our decision based on what we feel is more important to us.

I wished also they had the large showers in the junior suites also as the showers had room for 3-4 cuties and me sometimes LOL.

Breakfast was for the cuties who loved it not me, I had mine in my office.

Mango King
10-20-17, 22:46
What's your preferred hotel / condo now WR? Airbnb?

I've booked Quest for my next trip. I noticed the cheapest room at Quest looks much smaller than the cheapest room (Deluxe) at Elizabeth. So I booked a Jr Suite at Quest which conversely looks bigger than Jr Suite at Elizabeth. I also like that Quest has a Room only rate which does not include breakfast.

I also found booking direct with Quest they offer a free cancellation rate that is only about 10% more than the non-refundable rate. So I went with that rate. Once it gets close in to my actually arrival I will try to cancel and book non-refundable rate (if available). I use this strategy for many different hotels around the world. Sometimes it works and sometimes the non-refundable rates aren't available. I value the flexibility of something I can cancel. My plans change frequently so flexibility is key.

Good observations MK. I used to stay at the Elizabeth but no need now. The Wifi at times played up but never as bad as some now suggest. Also I got a room next door to the router of af any issue I just went into the corridor and unplugged it, waited 10 second and plugged it on again!

Quest is better for wWifi and has a pool (latter was never a great need for me). But I preferred Elizabeth as easier to walk to Ayala from there than Quest but as you say pros / cons and we all make our decision based on what we feel is more important to us.

NewImage
10-21-17, 11:04

I've booked Quest for my next trip. I noticed the cheapest room at Quest looks much smaller than the cheapest room (Deluxe) at Elizabeth. So I booked a Jr Suite at Quest which conversely looks bigger than Jr Suite at Elizabeth. I also like that Quest has a Room only rate which does not include breakfast.

I also found booking direct with Quest they offer a free cancellation rate that is only about 10% more than the non-refundable rate. So I went with that rate. Once it gets close in to my actually arrival I will try to cancel and book non-refundable rate (if available). I use this strategy for many different hotels around the world. Sometimes it works and sometimes the non-refundable rates aren't available. I value the flexibility of something I can cancel. My plans change frequently so flexibility is key.Booked recently for Quest direct with Hotel- got a good deal better than regular booking sites but when got account my bank charged me for converting from Phi peso to Aust dollars so Agoda would have been cheaper.

Gunners1
10-21-17, 15:09
I have always stayed at the quest junior suite. It offers amazing value for money and good internet speed. What I like about the suite is.

1. It has a full length mirror in the bedroom to admire the view.

2. It has a proper door that separates the bedroom from the living room. Has a TV in both rooms. So if she wants to sleep in you can do some work or watch different TV channels.

My. 2 c.

G.

I also found booking direct with Quest they offer a free cancellation rate that is only about 10% more than the non-refundable rate. So I went with that rate. Once it gets close in to my actually arrival I will try to cancel and book non-refundable rate (if available). I use this strategy for many different hotels around the world. Sometimes it works and sometimes the non-refundable rates aren't available. I value the flexibility of something I can cancel. My plans change frequently so flexibility is key.

Wicked Roger
10-21-17, 15:33

I also found booking direct with Quest they offer a free cancellation rate that is only about 10% more than the non-refundable rate. So I went with that rate. Once it gets close in to my actually arrival I will try to cancel and book non-refundable rate (if available). I use this strategy for many different hotels around the world. Sometimes it works and sometimes the non-refundable rates aren't available. I value the flexibility of something I can cancel. My plans change frequently so flexibility is key.Condo MK and I rent etc as am there at times so easier. I know others who visit regularly do same. If you are regular and depending on budget of course Gran Cenia (Quest) does some reasonable deals as do others in the area. Airbnb also. Some deals have minimum stay so be warned. I would stay in and around Ayala and there are plenty of condos there for Airbnb just check if WiFi etc. Some guys stay Mactan which is OK if you stay there but I won't as the trip to Ayala etc is horrendous.

I will dig up an Airbnb link I have for a good rate at a condo near where I was recently and PM you.

Mango King
10-21-17, 23:30
This is far more common than you might think. Many hotels and restaurants will offer to charge in your native currency or the local currency. Do they do this for your convenience? No, they do it to make a profit. The vendor and the card processor charge a worse-for-you exchange rate and they pocket the difference.

So anytime you are ever offered the choice of currency, always choose the local currency when using a credit card.

Booked recently for Quest direct with Hotel- got a good deal better than regular booking sites but when got account my bank charged me for converting from Phi peso to Aust dollars so Agoda would have been cheaper.

WestCoast1
11-03-17, 06:45
I meant to post this several months ago, and I thought I did, but I don't see it here in the Cebu hotels forum. Spent a week there. 3 blocks from Ayala Mall. I referred to this place in my Makati Gramercy review. The place really IS cute, not just the pics but once inside the Studio. However, so tiny you can't turn around without slapping something or someone else. Its not large enough for the kitchen table with 4 chairs (or even 2). If you were to remove the table / chairs, there *might* be enough room to prepare food in the kitchen. There's a neat wall mirror covering one entire wall and the bed touches the mirror, which can be good nawty fun. All the kitchen items are there: hot water pot, electric burner for cooking. However there's no place to prepare any food (you have to put the burner away if you want counter space to cut meat / vegetables).

Bathroom: Like Gramercy, the shower hot water was hit / miss (mostly miss, and the heating element had to be replaced).

Bright spot: Infinity pool on the roof. Swim up to the edge and look out and see Fuente in one direction (Crown Regency), and the ocean in another direction. At night the underwater lights change the water color every 5-10 seconds. The entire common-use area on the roof is lovely.

Strange spot: The owner included a laminated 14-page typed booklet, complete with local attractions and restaurants, room info, etc. Near the back of the booklet was a paragraph that read like: "This unit is not for living in. Visitors staying 2-3 nights will find this unit ok. Visitors staying longer than 3 nights will not like living here". What an endorsement!

Wifi never got above 1 mbps, and would drop offline for half an hour or more, several times a day (found it easier hot-spotting on my phone's Globe unli data).

After the host came by several times to help repair small non-working items (and the building engineer also), the owner called me one day. She apologized for the shower not working. I mentioned the strange statement in the booklet. "Oh. Yes. My husband and me lived there. One month only. Too many bad things in there. Its not for living in". Haha yet you rented it to me for a week!

Probably won't repeat.

Sid70
02-17-18, 10:04
The Mezzo Hotel is a new Hotel in the middle of the city (opening was in 2017). The location is very good. It's close to the "must be" places from Cebu like I. E. Ayala or IT Park. Over the way is the famous Icon Club located (if you like to party a bit). The Mezzo is next to Castle Peak (in case the taxi driver won't know Mezzo, just tell him Castle Peak. Castle Peak they know) and it's also close to Pacific Square where one of the best Japanese Restaurants in Cebu is (IMHO). The Yumeya Kihei. I stayed in a Premier Suite. Its pretty big and nice. I liked the the couch which you can see on one of the pictures. Was great for a great fuck.

Amadeuss
08-10-18, 00:59
All the hotels you mention here are in the 50. -$ and higher range. All of them do have annoying guards, specially if you walk in late at night with two girls. I don't like those simple minded control freaks to boost their egos.

My preferred place meanwhile is the ABC Hotel, on Ramos Street. Its new. The rooms are not big. But the bed is. Big windows. In the upper floors many medical students renting rooms on long term base. All equipment works. Never had any complain. Staff super helpful. Downstairs are coffes shops 24 hours. Taxi easy to get in front at any time of the day. To Ayala 70 Peso by cab. To Mango walk 5 minutes. Room rates 1500 Peso. And you enter the hotel by an elevator from the road by your room card - bypassing reception.

X Man
08-20-18, 23:31
Thanks for the report. I'd already done some research on this place last month. I'll pop in today and take a look around. I like staying in this area.

A few quick notes:

The Abuhan (I think the original) on Ramos Street is long gone and there is new construction on the site. Much to my surprise, there is a brand spanking new Abuhan in the old Mango bar area. Lots of glass so you can look right in from the road. I'll try to stop by during this trip.

Not far from there is one of my favorite restaurants, Vienna Cafe. Unfortunately, my spaghetti dish was too salty. I did notice that the toilet room was cleaner than before, but still no toilet seat. Where is Chef Ramsey when you need him?

All the hotels you mention here are in the 50. -$ and higher range. All of them do have annoying guards, specially if you walk in late at night with two girls. I don't like those simple minded control freaks to boost their egos.

My preferred place meanwhile is the ABC Hotel, on Ramos Street. Its new. The rooms are not big. But the bed is. Big windows. In the upper floors many medical students renting rooms on long term base. All equipment works. Never had any complain. Staff super helpful. Downstairs are coffes shops 24 hours. Taxi easy to get in front at any time of the day. To Ayala 70 Peso by cab. To Mango walk 5 minutes. Room rates 1500 Peso. And you enter the hotel by an elevator from the road by your room card - bypassing reception.

DzikaBomba
08-22-18, 10:38

My preferred place meanwhile is the ABC Hotel, on Ramos Street. Its new. The rooms are not big. But the bed is. Big windows. In the upper floors many medical students renting rooms on long term base. All equipment works. Never had any complain. Staff super helpful. Downstairs are coffes shops 24 hours. Taxi easy to get in front at any time of the day. To Ayala 70 Peso by cab. To Mango walk 5 minutes. Room rates 1500 Peso. And you enter the hotel by an elevator from the road by your room card - bypassing reception.At there Homepage is an Information about P250 fee for guests. Can you confirm that or ist that Not enforced by them?

ForkTruck
08-31-18, 13:47
At there Homepage is an Information about P250 fee for guests. Can you confirm that or ist that Not enforced by them?I stayed there for 3 nights 2 weeks ago. Entertained a couple of ladies. No problems whatsoever. You and your date get on the elevator on ground level. Swipe your key card to go up to your floor. I was on #6. Reception is on #3 so you buzz on past reception floor. No fees were added to my bill for extra guests. I also rec this place. Ideal location and clean. Room is small but I didn't care. Bath room area is bigger than some others if stayed in. An advantage I noticed was that once the guest leaves down the elevator she cannot get back up without a key card to swipe. So once out she stays out. I will stay there again.

DzikaBomba
09-01-18, 15:05
Thank you very much for your explanation!

Blanquiceleste
09-02-18, 16:03
Stayed for 4 nights last month at Pillow Hotel. This is close to the Robinson Fuente shopping center. Easy access to Mango Mall.

A real no frills hotel. Spacious rooms, but not very well appointed. Extra towels will cost you 75 peso per day. No smoking rooms entirely, including balconies. However, you can go up to level 7 where you can smoke in the terrace area. Pretty neat place. Complimentary all day breakfast is a big draw. But there is 30 peso charge for the take-out box that the breakfast comes in. The tocino is really good.

Staff and friendly but low on IQ, as one would expect. A very strict enforcement of the "Collect the ID Card" policy for guests coming over to your room. I had to turn away a hottie because she did not have an ID on her. Tough, but I respect places where rules are implemented mercilessly.

Will I stay again? Perhaps not, if I can find another place with slightly better amenities in the same price range.

Redditata
12-01-18, 21:18
Early next year I will be in Cebu for the first time, for business, for a week. My company suggests the Shangri-La Resort on Mactan, which looks amazing, but 1) I doubt they will allow girls and 2) several coworkers will be there, and 3) it is not close to central Cebu. So, I have two alternative plans, but I need you to critique them:

1) Stay at a 4 or 5 star hotel in central Cebu that allows lady visitors. I am assuming security will be checking ID, but that is probably a good thing for me (no jail bait).

2) Get a room at a 4 or 5 star hotel in central Cebu that does / does NOT allow lady visitors, but also get a room at a cheaper (but nice) hotel where I have all the ladies I want?

I need a 4/5 star hotel because otherwise my company will be a little suspicious of my intents.

What should I do? Where should I stay?

Dg8787
12-02-18, 01:45
Early next year I will be in Cebu for the first time, for business, for a week. My company suggests the Shangri-La Resort on Mactan, which looks amazing, but 1) I doubt they will allow girls and 2) several coworkers will be there, and 3) it is not close to central Cebu. So, I have two alternative plans, but I need you to critique them:

1) Stay at a 4 or 5 star hotel in central Cebu that allows lady visitors. I am assuming security will be checking ID, but that is probably a good thing for me (no jail bait).

2) Get a room at a 4 or 5 star hotel in central Cebu that does / does NOT allow lady visitors, but also get a room at a cheaper (but nice) hotel where I have all the ladies I want?

I need a 4/5 star hotel because otherwise my company will be a little suspicious of my intents.

What should I do? Where should I stay?Wicked Roger, a manager here needs your expert Cebu help. .

Sammon
12-02-18, 04:21

What should I do? Where should I stay?You can stay at waterfront casino hotel in Lahug, Quest hotel near Ayala or Mandarin next to Quest. They are all very nice hotels and girl friendly. They do not check I. The most of the time but they are safe. If you have Fed business meetings in Mactan it will be a problem because it will take roughly a hour especially during rush time. If you stay at Waterfront there are girls downstairs and upstairs near the casino waiting. Some are pretty.

There is a waterfront hotel in Mactan also. Most if not all hotels in Philippines are girlfriendly.

Wicked Roger
12-02-18, 09:25
You can stay at waterfront casino hotel in Lahug, Quest hotel near Ayala or Mandarin next to Quest. They are all very nice hotels and girl friendly. They do not check I. The most of the time but they are safe. If you have Fed business meetings in Mactan it will be a problem because it will take roughly a hour especially during rush time. If you stay at Waterfront there are girls downstairs and upstairs near the casino waiting. Some are pretty.

There is a waterfront hotel in Mactan also. Most if not all hotels in Philippines are girlfriendly.Yes I see DG surprising as we not get many managers in he Cebu board LOL.

Apart from those hotel thee is Seda (the old Marriott) and Elizabeth where I used to stay before I moved to condos.

But in the end the traffic is terrible and the roadworks and / or bridge closure just add to the pain.

One hour is an optimistic bet Sammon as at times has been closer to 2 hours (try a Friday around 5 pm).

Can't believe someone did not RTFF and find the answers LOL.

Redditata
12-03-18, 07:38
Yes I see DG surprising as we not get many managers in he Cebu board LOL.

Apart from those hotel thee is Seda (the old Marriott) and Elizabeth where I used to stay before I moved to condos.

But in the end the traffic is terrible and the roadworks and / or bridge closure just add to the pain.

One hour is an optimistic bet Sammon as at times has been closer to 2 hours (try a Friday around 5 pm).

Can't believe someone did not RTFF and find the answers LOL.Thanks to all! WR: I am a PI newbie, and I did read some of the Cebu Hotels thread, but, given that this thread spans some years, I wasn't sure if some of the reports were still accurate. It was also not clear from the thread that all of the 4/5 star hotels permitted girls to visit / stay in rooms. I have grabbed a room at the Seda Ayala, which has a good location for girl-meetng. Hopefully I don't get hassled by security too much.

My company's clients chose the Shangri La, apparently because some were bringing their families. The group from my company will mostly be working in the CC port area, but formal meetings with the clients (2 or 3 during the week) will probably be at Shangri La. If the commute getting there from CC is hell, well at least the client is paying our costs.

Wicked Roger
12-03-18, 17:05
The group from my company will mostly be working in the CC port area, but formal meetings with the clients (2 or 3 during the week) will probably be at Shangri La. If the commute getting there from CC is hell, well at least the client is paying our costs.The commute is and will be hell. To make it even more hellish try a jeepney trip there and back LOL.

Redditata
12-04-18, 08:01
The commute is and will be hell. To make it even more hellish try a jeepney trip there and back LOL.Umm, I think I will stick with cabs with working AC!

My trip is in February. I will report here about my successes and failures.

Cali Scorpio
12-06-18, 01:34
Umm, I think I will stick with cabs with working AC!

My trip is in February. I will report here about my successes and failures.Cebu doesn't have much of a bar scene after the demise of Mango Square so how you planning to find girls? Are you going to line-up freelances from online apps or have something else in mind?

Dg8787
12-06-18, 03:05
Yes I see DG surprising as we not get many managers in he Cebu board LOL.

Can't believe someone did not RTFF and find the answers LOL.What are the odds he will post a report?

100 - 1 not?

Dg8787
12-06-18, 03:07
Umm, I think I will stick with cabs with working AC!

My trip is in February. I will report here about my successes and failures.Promises promises.

Redditata
12-06-18, 04:41
Cebu doesn't have much of a bar scene after the demise of Mango Square so how you planning to find girls? Are you going to line-up freelances from online apps or have something else in mind?I already have the Pinalove app on my mobile, and I am getting used to it, but not chatting with anyone. I will be not be looking for any LT (or long distance) friendships, so, from ISG I learned to look for ladies on PinaLove who mention they offer massages. I would like ladies as close to 18 as possible, but I will accept a good-looking MILF, as long as the first date ends in bed. Any more tips about using PinaLove?

Assuming some bikini bars still have some action, I may visit those around Mango Square. The dancers will do ST, right?

I will probably avoid the indie ladies on the street at Mango Square, BUT I intend to see what's what at Ayala Shopping center, since I'm staying right there. Any suggestions about which levels usually have real ladies, and no lady boys?

I will have screw ups, but I think I can roll with them. I have some experience with aamps / Kgals / Chinese MILFs in California, but I know the PI is a different ball game. If I am fooled and a ladyboy does get as far as my room, I will not go postal, but will give him something for his brief time and get him out. THEN I will go down to the bar and chug down 2 inches of Johnnie Walker.

Wicked Roger
12-06-18, 12:03
What are the odds he will post a report?

100 - 1 not?DG you are so pessimistic my friend LOL.

Of course they all post FRs as they are good people, they take the info and then remember to thank us and post LOL.

Too many managers as we now and another popped up in the Makati thread asking about Nuru. I think his laptop had not RTFF function LOL.

South By Sw 3
12-18-18, 02:14
While I wait around for Miss A, I'll make some comments about the Junior Suite at the Hotel Elizabeth. Staff has been helpful. Well maintained.

The room has a severe lack or drawers. There are three total. All small and none next to the bed. I like to have my mongering accessories in the nightstand for convenience. I also like to distribute my gifts into different clothing drawers, so I can pick the most suitable based on the encounter. Otherwise, I'm picking through a stack of chocolate boxes for her special treat. Just like I don't keep all my cash in one pocket. Just what I'm likely to need for a specific transaction.

SbySW.

Wicked Roger
12-19-18, 16:11
While I wait around for Miss A, I'll make some comments about the Junior Suite at the Hotel Elizabeth. Staff has been helpful. Well maintained.

The room has a severe lack or drawers. There are three total. All small and none next to the bed. I like to have my mongering accessories in the nightstand for convenience. I also like to distribute my gifts into different clothing drawers, so I can pick the most suitable based on the encounter. Otherwise, I'm picking through a stack of chocolate boxes for her special treat. Just like I don't keep all my cash in one pocket. Just what I'm likely to need for a specific transaction.

SbySW.But I loved the showers as always so big you can fir 3 pinays in there LOL.

But some suites have a bath tub shower so which is it.

I put each pasalubong into separate small bags that you can buy at the National Book Store. Cheap but looks cute to them.

South By Sw 3
12-20-18, 00:35
But I loved the showers as always so big you can fir 3 pinays in there LOL.

But some suites have a bath tub shower so which is it.

I put each pasalubong into separate small bags that you can buy at the National Book Store. Cheap but looks cute to them.Drat! My junior suite has the tub. It's rated at two medium-sized pinays max. It's a safety hazard with just just me and a friend showering. More about that in a general report shortly. I got two offers for a threesome already, but not from one of the girls I've met. I'd prefer to meet the girl one-on-one before I add one of their friends.

There is construction going on on the SW side of the building. They get going at 5:30 am. They have a line of cement trucks queued up. It's possible I'd sleep through it if I weren't jet-jagged. Have to find a late night spinner to wear me out.

The food service at the Elizabeth is slow for both restaurant and room service. Despite all that time, Miss be's BBQ chicken was bloody near the bone.

SbySW.

Kabul Guy
12-20-18, 05:02
...... Any more tips about using PinaLove?

......Yes Ignore what they put in their profile about looking for long term relationships. They put that there so that any friends or family see it they can say that they are really looking for long term.

If they say massages or looking for fun then they are but if they say only looking for long term then its 50-50 if you will het them in bed within 5 minutes.

Wicked Roger
12-20-18, 08:21
The food service at the Elizabeth is slow for both restaurant and room service. Despite all that time, Miss be's BBQ chicken was bloody near the bone.

SbySW.I would not eat much at the hotel as Ayala had so many options and I like variety (food and pussy LOL).

Ricos lechon is not far from the hotel and is nice but get there early so you get the best bits.

Engine Driver
12-20-18, 09:33
Assuming some bikini bars still have some action, I may visit those around Mango Square. The dancers will do ST, right?

I will probably avoid the indie ladies on the street at Mango Square, BUT I intend to see what's what at Ayala Shopping center, since I'm staying right there. Any suggestions about which levels usually have real ladies, and no lady boys?
I was in Cebu earlier this year. Dancers will go both ST and LT. The bars had a minimum number of LDs rule which I didn't quite get. One time I just told the mamasan I wasn't paying 4 LDs plus the bar fine for LT and she just said okay to just the bar fine. One time, the girl only came ST because I didn't pay required number of LDs. It was pretty fucked system.

At Ayala Mall, I sat at Bo's Coffee and saw a few freelancers walk past. I had a chat, but they were just too ugly.

Wicked Roger
12-20-18, 12:24
At Ayala Mall, I sat at Bo's Coffee and saw a few freelancers walk past. I had a chat, but they were just too ugly.Some you would to a tungsten tipped condom for, others are LBs, some LBs come into Bos make lots of noise and at times play with there silicone boobs etc. Lots LBs walk Ayala at night as they can pop into Watsons get a free hair curl before hitting Mango.

I have never taken FLs from Ayala but seen them with others. One was in a wheelchair and she was pushing him quickly to his nearby condo before he changed his mind. They are cheap from what I have been told but then YMMV and I prefer be generous to a real cutie than the ones ED saw.

NewImage
12-20-18, 12:51
I was in Cebu earlier this year. Dancers will go both ST and LT. The bars had a minimum number of LDs rule which I didn't quite get. One time I just told the mamasan I wasn't paying 4 LDs plus the bar fine for LT and she just said okay to just the bar fine. One time, the girl only came ST because I didn't pay required number of LDs. It was pretty fucked system.
At Ayala Mall, I sat at Bo's Coffee and saw a few freelancers walk past. I had a chat, but they were just too ugly.Wandered high and low and sat at Bo's many times. The girls few in number were horrid. I stayed at Quest. Yes great hotel but being close to Ayala was no help in picking up girls, besides a meeting point.

I am not shy and was obvious what I was there for but didn't see anything above a 5 wandering around looking for customers. And I aint that desperate. Next time I go (if I go) will stay close to Mango.

But eating tip. Vietnamese Restaurant on Bo's side is good, Italian restaurant and Greek restaurant Cyma on opposite called The Terraces is excellent. A lot of other food places were crap. DON'T Go to the Chinese place Harbour City inside the mall - the food comes in bowls about the size of a finger bowl. Takes 2 mouthfuls to eat the food from the bowl. What a f*in joke.

Goferring
12-20-18, 13:28

At Ayala Mall, I sat at Bo's Coffee and saw a few freelancers walk past. I had a chat, but they were just too ugly.

Wandered high and low and sat at Bo's many times. The girls few in number were horrid. I stayed at Quest. Yes great hotel but being close to Ayala was no help in picking up girls, besides a meeting point.

I am not shy and was obvious what I was there for but didn't see anything above a 5 wandering around looking for customers. And I aint that desperate. Next time I go (if I go) will stay close to Mango.

But eating tip. Vietnamese Restaurant on Bo's side is good, Italian restaurant and Greek restaurant on opposite side of park is excellent. A lot of other food places were crap.It's been a while since I was a bar fly in cebu but I also couldn't figure out the maze of rules and requirements to effectively get a girl out there. After, minimum drinks, crazy prices and can't leave until 4 am, it just got too hard to bother with. Especially when they are competing with the hail storm that happens whenever you go online. Cebu has to be the poster child for online hookups.

The Bo's ladies are horrific. But it makes a good meeting point as everyone knows where it is. There are some patrolling just inside the mall but the quality isn't much better.

The Quest does indeed have strengths and weaknesses. Good food, nice rooms, inc "fuck me on the balcony" and big double showers if you get the right one, everyone knows where it is and will not get lost, proximity to western meals etc in ayala and girls have direct access and egress to lifts and your room door of your scared of the walk of shame (obviously a double edged sword if your security conscious). I found the rooms fully priced for their quality.

Goferring
12-20-18, 13:45
I already have the Pinalove app on my mobile, and I am getting used to it, but not chatting with anyone. I will be not be looking for any LT (or long distance) friendships, so, from ISG I learned to look for ladies on PinaLove who mention they offer massages. I would like ladies as close to 18 as possible, but I will accept a good-looking MILF, as long as the first date ends in bed. Any more tips about using PinaLove?

I'll always take an opportunity for self promotion. 😁.

If you search my posts, you will find several on the use of the Chat Apps inc my first use as a Virgin, what a girl looks for in a profile / chat and several trip reports. The Search function and Reports of Distinctions are also a wealth of info.

Redditata
12-23-18, 21:56
If you search my posts, you will find several on the use of the Chat Apps inc my first use as a Virgin, what a girl looks for in a profile / chat and several trip reports. The Search function and Reports of Distinctions are also a wealth of info.Keep up the chatter, guys! I am doing my homework: Goferring, I will be reading your posts, and I want to be so good at using PL that I can do it blindfolded (so to speak).

At the Seda Ayala Hotel, is there both a walk of shame and security guards to get through with a lady (ladies)? I just want to know what to expect and be sure I can bring them in.

I did not realize the female choices at Bo's and other Ayala meeting places were usually of poor quality. Is there a time of day when there are more and better ladies? I'm thinking about sales girls getting off work, or college girls looking to make $.

Engine Driver
12-24-18, 13:12
At the Seda Ayala Hotel, is there both a walk of shame and security guards to get through with a lady (ladies)? I just want to know what to expect and be sure I can bring them in.Unless your work colleagues are staying at the same hotel, why are you worried about the walk of shame? Sometimes the guard will ask for the hookers' ID, but so what? It's for your safety.

Is there a time of day when there are more and better ladies? .Prostitutes don't keep schedules like me or you. They are erratic and unpredictable. But they are generally creatures of the night.

I'm thinking about sales girls getting off work, or college girls looking to make $.It would be wrong to assume all sales girls and college girls are up for P4 P action. You will need to connect with them before hand on social media and establish that they are available. I understand this is quite easy in Cebu.

Happy hunting.

InterTravel224
01-13-19, 22:10
Hello friends,

I will be in Cebu City like in 2 weeks. Excited for my upcoming trip.

Other than Quest is there any other Gal friendly hotels in Cebu City. I will be staying there just one night and then heading ahead.

Probably wrong forum, but is it best to select gals from online chat / dating apps and lineup them before arrival.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

IT.

Wicked Roger
01-14-19, 02:26
Hello friends,

Other than Quest is there any other Gal friendly hotels in Cebu City. I will be staying there just one night and then heading ahead.

Probably wrong forum, but is it best to select gals from online chat / dating apps and lineup them before arrival.

Cheers,

IT.Bets PM me as the list is very long. Also plenty of information if you RTFF as many including me have noted which hotels are good, bad and indifferent depending on location as so many variables.

Look forward to the PM.

Goferring
01-14-19, 03:01
Hello friends,

Cheers,

IT.You will struggle to find a hotel in Cebu that is NOT girl friendly. For one night, the Quest would certainly make a good base.

For such a short stay, I would have a few backups just in case your first choice flakes on you. It's also highly likely you could jump on line upon arrival and have someone heading towards you within 30 minutes. Online in Cebu is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Have a good read of the forum. Lots of good info here.

Are you Indian? I don't care but some of the girls will. Unfortunately, some Indians in the past have made it difficult for their countrymen by alienating the girls by their actions. If this applies to you, you may want to factor it into your timeline and number of girls you approach. DO NOT disguise your nationality. This is one of the main things that has diminished trust with the girls and will not help you.

Enjoy, G.

InterTravel224
01-14-19, 07:33
Thank you G for your candid advice.

Yes I am an Indian, no harm in hiding my nationality. You are so rite, do you some actions of my fellow citizens I do face the brunt of gals in many countries.

Ya, I am there in Philipines for 8 days and trying to cover Boracay, Cebu City, Bohol and Moalboal.

I will have 2 days in Cebu city and want to optmize it to the best! I think the city will offer me the best out of the lot.

And you are so rite, that since time is short and not so many opportunities to real play around, I may just jump the line and take who is available which I want to avoid.

Have been following the forum from sometime now, thanks to you and other members you have shared some valuable information. Since I booked my trip yesterday, thought will just ping and seek information from all senior members here.

Are apartments better than hotels. The Mangoe area seems nice.

G: Do you have any experience in other places which I shared Boracay, Bohol or Moalboal, not much information online.

You will struggle to find a hotel in Cebu that is NOT girl friendly. For one night, the Quest would certainly make a good base.

For such a short stay, I would have a few backups just in case your first choice flakes on you. It's also highly likely you could jump on line upon arrival and have someone heading towards you within 30 minutes. Online in Cebu is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Have a good read of the forum. Lots of good info here..

InterTravel224
01-14-19, 07:36
Thanking Roger for the reply. I don't have my PM activated yet! Not a very active user on this website, though this has been my base for the limited mongering experience I have.

I did try to reach someone who had written a blog and shared the details, but probably he hasn't contacted.

With no email sharing possibility, the only way to reach out would be PM.

Bets PM me as the list is very long. Also plenty of information if you RTFF as many including me have noted which hotels are good, bad and indifferent depending on location as so many variables.

Look forward to the PM.

Goferring
01-15-19, 23:21
Thank you G for your candid advice.

Yes I am an Indian, no harm in hiding my nationality. You are so rite, do you some actions of my fellow citizens I do face the brunt of gals in many countries.

Ya, I am there in Philipines for 8 days and trying to cover Boracay, Cebu City, Bohol and Moalboal.

I will have 2 days in Cebu city and want to optmize it to the best! I think the city will offer me the best out of the lot.

And you are so rite, that since time is short and not so many opportunities to real play around, I may just jump the line and take who is available which I want to avoid.

Have been following the forum from sometime now, thanks to you and other members you have shared some valuable information. Since I booked my trip yesterday, thought will just ping and seek information from all senior members here.

Are apartments better than hotels. The Mangoe area seems nice.

G: Do you have any experience in other places which I shared Boracay, Bohol or Moalboal, not much information online.Thanks for your PM. I'll answer here so that everyone has the information.

Frankly, many girls are reluctant to go with Indians because of their reputation for not being trust worthy. There are numerous stories of girls being short paid or returning to the room with one guy only to find 3 or 4 of his friends waiting there, all expecting their turn with no extra payment. I say this as no reflection on you. Just candid information on the attitude you will be faced with when you arrive. The best remedy is just to be upfront and honest with the girls so that their concerns are unfounded.

Wih such a short stay in Cebu City, I would just jump online immediately on arrival. I and others have written on the benefits of waiting until you are in town vs making early contact before arrival. Considering the above, it will also reassure the girls that you are here and serious and not just fishing for photos or camsex. It's totally realistic to expect to find girls online and have one in your room within an hour of arrival. In cebu I found Pina Love and Filipino Cupid the best.

Apartments offer more room for your dollar, often come with extra facilities like kitchens and washing machines but have less services like security and restaurants / room service.

The other towns you mentioned are very nice but have close to no mongering scene. I would just byo which ever girl you enjoyed the most in cebu. Most are happy to travel to these towns for a few days. Just agree to a daily rate for their time.

Most active members here are happy to answer informed questions via PM. Just do your own research first so you can get the most benefit.

Enjoy, G.

NewImage
01-15-19, 23:33
Hello friends,

Cheers,

IT.Stayed at Quest due to closeness to Ayala and hopeful pick ups from FL and Boss Coffee wanders. Found the hotel excellent for facilities etc but next time would stay closer to bars and Mango type places. Found FL around Quest were non doable bordering on fugly.

Regards.

WestCoast1
01-16-19, 21:50
Stayed at Quest due to closeness to Ayala and hopeful pick ups from FL and Boss Coffee wanders. Found the hotel excellent for facilities etc but next time would stay closer to bars and Mango type places. Found FL around Quest were non doable bordering on fugly.

Regards.Also next door to Quest, Mandarin Plaza Hotel. Nice pool and free breakfast. All the hotels in the area are GF-ly.

Goferring
01-16-19, 22:01
Also next door to Quest, Mandarin Plaza Hotel. Nice pool and free breakfast. All the hotels in the area are GF-ly.Yep. I was playing on Agoda and generally found the Mandarin to be half the price (inclusive) of the Quest (exclusive). Bigger rooms and with the new fence on Roxas is actually closer to Ayala too.

Wicked Roger
01-17-19, 20:28
Yep. I was playing on Agoda and generally found the Mandarin to be half the price (inclusive) of the Quest (exclusive). Bigger rooms and with the new fence on Roxas is actually closer to Ayala too.The Quest has better / stronger WiFi then the Mandarin. Diamond Suites is very close and has large rooms and is recommended by my friends also. Quality of WiFi is important for many especially if working while mongering.

Most of the hotels in the Mango area need TLC and I would always taxi there rather than stay. Just my preferences New Image.

Cjetset
01-18-19, 06:55
I'll be back in Cebu next week if any of you savvy veterans from this site are around. But as to your post. I've stayed at about 7 different hotels and AirBB's in Cebu and I never found one that isn't girl friendly. Just be polite and don't bring a loud harem back and you are good. I think the bigger issue is finding great internet at the hotels. I like Quest cause it's a solid mid range hotel in a great location with decent breakfast and Wi-Fi. Roger turned my on to Elizabeth which is great except for WiFi. Radisson is awesome but expensive. Bai by ParkMall was just ok. Great rooftop pool area though. Maayo was good but near nothing but I stayed there for quick trips into Cebu as it's close to airport. Waterfront is becoming a tired hotel. Marco Polo is a bit tired as well but amazing breakfast and good Wi-Fi but too far out of the way up the hill. I really liked the Henry Hotel and the neighborhood with small brand new strip mall up the street and lots of great restaurants in the hood, but their breakfast was subpar. I got a great prom rate at Seda but despite the awesome location it was a disappointment as all they did was put lipstick on the old Marriott. So net, net, it's all about good internet. All of girl friendly. Enjoy!

Hello friends,

Cheers,

IT.

Wicked Roger
01-18-19, 18:16
I'll be back in Cebu next week if any of you savvy veterans from this site are around. But as to your post. I've stayed at about 7 different hotels and AirBB's in Cebu and I never found one that isn't girl friendly. Just be polite and don't bring a loud harem back and you are good. I think the bigger issue is finding great internet at the hotels. I like Quest cause it's a solid mid range hotel in a great location with decent breakfast and Wi-Fi. Roger turned my on to Elizabeth which is great except for WiFi. Radisson is awesome but expensive. Bai by ParkMall was just ok. Great rooftop pool area though. Maayo was good but near nothing but I stayed there for quick trips into Cebu as it's close to airport. Waterfront is becoming a tired hotel. Marco Polo is a bit tired as well but amazing breakfast and good Wi-Fi but too far out of the way up the hill. I really liked the Henry Hotel and the neighborhood with small brand new strip mall up the street and lots of great restaurants in the hood, but their breakfast was subpar. I got a great prom rate at Seda but despite the awesome location it was a disappointment as all they did was put lipstick on the old Marriott. So net, net, it's all about good internet. All of girl friendly. Enjoy!Also to add to this it is now that dreaded time of Sinulog. Where all hotels increase prices and there are no room to be found even on the good Airbnb stuff. So remember that everyone.

Henry is OK for dinner and the restos nearby but I never liked the location and the Maxwell on Escario is not bas as it the Lex Best Western but is pricey.

Pillows is not bad, as is Azizia Suites (close to Ayala) and MJ Suites also. Diamond Hotel and parkland are close to Ayala but it is Sinulog.

Issue now is Sinulog as this gets to a crazy time and when I always disappear (or if there I stay indoors and ignore the stupidity LOL).

Taster
01-20-19, 02:05
Hi gents,

Similar to InterTravel224, I only have one night in Cebu (mid-March). Fly in lunchtime on a Thursday and out again the Friday evening. Taking note of what people have said about traffic from the airport, especially Friday evening, I'm thinking if it might be better to stay at a mid priced resort on Mactan. Would girls be happy to travel out there (maybe meet at the airport)? I'm thinking if she doesn't show / is late etc then I'm up shit creek, as I'the be too isolated to get another girl organised in time to make it worthwhile. Or maybe the Maayo in Mandaue. Looks to be a beautiful new hotel near the airport with great pricing for when I'm there, but bugger-all to do in the area. If I bite the bullet and head into town, I'the probably stay near Ayala so I have some food and shopping options, and leave early for the airport.

Regards,

Taster.

Mango King
01-20-19, 10:47
I've had several girls who live on mactan / lapu-lapu come to me in central cebu city so you can probably find them but the numbers are lower than staying closer to Ayala.

Hi gents,

Similar to InterTravel224, I only have one night in Cebu (mid-March). Fly in lunchtime on a Thursday and out again the Friday evening. Taking note of what people have said about traffic from the airport, especially Friday evening, I'm thinking if it might be better to stay at a mid priced resort on Mactan. Would girls be happy to travel out there (maybe meet at the airport)? I'm thinking if she doesn't show / is late etc then I'm up shit creek, as I'the be too isolated to get another girl organised in time to make it worthwhile. Or maybe the Maayo in Mandaue. Looks to be a beautiful new hotel near the airport with great pricing for when I'm there, but bugger-all to do in the area. If I bite the bullet and head into town, I'the probably stay near Ayala so I have some food and shopping options, and leave early for the airport.

Regards,

Taster.

Wicked Roger
01-20-19, 17:29
Also to add to this it is now that dreaded time of Sinulog. Where all hotels increase prices and there are no room to be found even on the good Airbnb stuff. So remember that everyone.

Henry is OK for dinner and the restos nearby but I never liked the location and the Maxwell on Escario is not bas as it the Lex Best Western but is pricey.

Pillows is not bad, as is Azizia Suites (close to Ayala) and MJ Suites also. Diamond Hotel and parkland are close to Ayala but it is Sinulog.

Issue now is Sinulog as this gets to a crazy time and when I always disappear (or if there I stay indoors and ignore the stupidity LOL).Where have you been in the last 4 years as last post was March 2015!

Mactan to city is time consuming.

Best PM for more tips and any contacts.

InterTravel224
01-20-19, 20:01
Taster you don't have your PM activated!

Did you decide on your hotel stay in Mactan area!

Hi gents,

Regards,

Taster.

Taster
01-21-19, 09:55
Where have you been in the last 4 years as last post was March 2015!

Mactan to city is time consuming.

Best PM for more tips and any contacts.Hi WR and IT224,

Sorry, haven't re-subscribed yet as I haven't been active for years. I made four trips to the Phil's from 2005-2010, and on very rare occasions I got a night to myself, when arriving or leaving on a different date for instance, requiring an overnight in Manila or cebu. But I haven't been there since 2010, when I managed to enjoy a nice local girl in Camiguin. I've passed on the last few trips my wife has taken, as I couldn't see an opportunity for any "me" time, and the Phils aren't much fun if you are just with your in-laws. But this time I've got a night in Cebu, and plan to partake of the smorgasbord of pussy (but just one will do). Unfortunately the free Pina Love version doesn't let you search more specifically than "Cebu", so hard to know how many girls are out on Mactan. I'll probably end up at Seda, just so I've got something else to do, because at 55 you can't go all day / night anymore.

A belated thanks to WR and the many others such as Westcoast, who get through an amazing amount of pussy, and go to the trouble of posting photos and tips for everybody else. This is a great forum because of their efforts.

Wicked Roger
01-21-19, 18:21
Hi WR and IT224,

so hard to know how many girls are out on Mactan. I'll probably end up at Seda, just so I've got something else to do, because at 55 you can't go all day / night anymore.

A belated thanks to WR and the many others such as Westcoast, who get through an amazing amount of pussy, and go to the trouble of posting photos and tips for everybody else. This is a great forum because of their efforts.Cebu is better IMHO as it is closer to Ayala and they all know Ayala. Many girls in Mactan also but don't mix as to get from Mactan to Ayala can be time consuming. Seda is the Marriott and recent FRs say not great but Quest, Elizabeth and Mandarin also close to Ayala.

Taster
03-29-19, 10:27
Cebu is better IMHO as it is closer to Ayala and they all know Ayala. Many girls in Mactan also but don't mix as to get from Mactan to Ayala can be time consuming. Seda is the Marriott and recent FRs say not great but Quest, Elizabeth and Mandarin also close to Ayala.Thank you WR for the info. I ended up staying at the Mandarin Plaza, as it is across the road from Ayala, and I got a great price on Agoda. I've no complaints with it, the room was great for the price, although the breakfast was pretty basic. No problem with girls getting up to my room, the evening girl needed to show her ID and have details taken to be let up, but the morning girl didn't even need to do that. As you don't need to swipe your card in the lift to press your floor number, you don't need to collect the girl, they can make their own way up. The Terraces at Ayala (the outdoor restaurant area) was good for lunch, dinner, coffee, perving. I wish I had more than one night there so enjoy the local bounty.

Bang4444
08-14-19, 03:37
Thanks,

Based on reports here. I booked this hotel.

Hope I would be having good time.

I stayed there for 3 nights 2 weeks ago. Entertained a couple of ladies. No problems whatsoever. You and your date get on the elevator on ground level. Swipe your key card to go up to your floor. I was on #6. Reception is on #3 so you buzz on past reception floor. No fees were added to my bill for extra guests. I also rec this place. Ideal location and clean. Room is small but I didn't care. Bath room area is bigger than some others if stayed in. An advantage I noticed was that once the guest leaves down the elevator she cannot get back up without a key card to swipe. So once out she stays out. I will stay there again.

X Man
08-24-19, 11:27
The Cebu thread is sadly dying a slow death.

The post I'm quoting would be more helpful if the hotel was mentioned. The quoted part doesn't mention the hotel by name. I may have missed something, but I went back to 2018 and can't find the original hotel review.

My last visit I stayed at Holiday Plaza near Robinson Place (midtown) - a two star place that has some warts. The place is aging, but they are making incremental improvements. I like the location because I can easily walk to three smallish malls (Robinsons, Bo's coffee, used English book store, etc), a good money changer (Mimi's under Mercury Drug), and more. They have a very generous storage policy which is nice if you visit regularly, like I do. It doesn't take too much effort from there to get to my favorite restaurant Vienna Cafe on Mango which is next to the naughty bar area. Haven't visited many of the bars lately, but noticed that a place called Love City is now named Aquarium KTV. Hmmm, wish someone could do a review of that place.

Traffic is getting worse. A quick ride from from Ramos to Ayala isn't so quick anymore. And Taxi queue at Ayala can be 30 min. As previous post suggest, hotels near Ayala Mall are another popular place to stay.

Other than downtown, another location option may be around the new Robinsons Galleria. I recommend Buzz Cafe for a nice meal. It is somewhat in between the airport ant the other locations I have mentioned.

Hope this helps. X.

Thanks,

Based on reports here. I booked this hotel.

Hope I would be having good time.

ForkTruck
08-25-19, 05:24
Cebu is better IMHO as it is closer to Ayala and they all know Ayala. Many girls in Mactan also but don't mix as to get from Mactan to Ayala can be time consuming. Seda is the Marriott and recent FRs say not great but Quest, Elizabeth and Mandarin also close to Ayala.I have stayed in Mandaue City at Dohera hotel when ever I am pulling from Lapu lapu. I really like that hotel, Not expensive, good rooms, good food and great staff.

Maila
08-31-19, 10:10
I was thinking of staying at Quest hotel based on reviews here in the forum. I was thinking I might leave the door open for leaving early though in case I wanted to go to AC (unlikely though).

I was thinking:

1) Either just book a prepaid hotel for only 3 nights to begin with (risk: you decide to stay and they don't have space, and there's moving hassle).

2) Book cancelable hotel for 5-6 nights directly with hotel. Not sure if they'd ask for full amount up front on check in. In this situation, if I leave after 3 days, I hope I pay for 3 days?

Am I missing another option?

On a different note: there's no Marriott / Starwood in Cebu!? (I saw the only Marriott is now a rebranded Seda).

Goferring
08-31-19, 10:39
I was thinking of staying at Quest hotel based on reviews here in the forum. I was thinking I might leave the door open for leaving early though in case I wanted to go to AC (unlikely though).

I was thinking:

1) Either just book a prepaid hotel for only 3 nights to begin with (risk: you decide to stay and they don't have space, and there's moving hassle).

2) Book cancelable hotel for 5-6 nights directly with hotel. Not sure if they'd ask for full amount up front on check in. In this situation, if I leave after 3 days, I hope I pay for 3 days?

Am I missing another option?

On a different note: there's no Marriott / Starwood in Cebu!? (I saw the only Marriott is now a rebranded Seda).The Quest must do a lot of direct booking because quite often Agoda etc will be sold out but they will still have rooms available when dealing direct.

I'd just call direct and say you don't know how long your "meetings" will last and will need an early check out ability.

I've checked out early with out issue but extending your stay can be incredibly expensive if it's a last minute decison:

Agoda sells out of their allotted rooms. Obviously the cheaper rooms are the first to go so the hotel have offline rooms available but only better standard ones. Securing a room in a full hotel, at the last minute, you're going to be charged rack rate for that better room. This is multiples of the online discount room rate. Moral of the story: plan ahead and include flexibility.

Another option is two bookings: 3 days cheap and non refundable plus the remainder on a refundable second booking.

Enjoy. G.

Goferring
08-31-19, 10:43
P. S. If you are happy to splash some cash, some better room have balconies that can be put to all manner of uses 😎.

Maila
08-31-19, 10:51
The Quest must do a lot of direct booking because quite often Agoda etc will be sold out but they will still have rooms available when dealing direct.

I'd just call direct and say you don't know how long your "meetings" will last and will need an early check out ability.

Another option is two bookings: 3 days cheap and non refundable plus the remainder on a refundable second booking.

Enjoy. G.Ahh, I could try talking (too used to just doing stuff online.

But that other option sounds good. Didn't think about that. I could also do a reservation at a different hotel so long as as refundable deadline is not 7 days or so.

P. S. If you are happy to splash some cash, some better room have balconies that can be put to all manner of uses 😎.Yes, I was actually looking at the balcony rooms. I would like that.

Maila
09-02-19, 03:56
I've read in the forum backpages that Quest had a wifi router per room, and that Quest had better wifi, better than Mandarin. Does anyone have recent experience of wifi?

I've also read in the forum that hotel wifi and mobile data is not very reliable. So, that just makes me worried. I think I would just leave if I was faced with no wifi (or not go at all) I need decent wifi for mostly just general website work, but if a need pops up to do a video call, I need to be able to do it.

Wicked Roger
09-03-19, 12:29
I've read in the forum backpages that Quest had a wifi router per room, and that Quest had better wifi, better than Mandarin. Does anyone have recent experience of wifi?

I've also read in the forum that hotel wifi and mobile data is not very reliable. So, that just makes me worried. I think I would just leave if I was faced with no wifi (or not go at all) I need decent wifi for mostly just general website work, but if a need pops up to do a video call, I need to be able to do it.WiFi speeds in the country are not great and hotels can be poor once full. Quest is better than many though.

OO go and get a pocket WiFi as this can be better. I did and helps when in coffee shops and your data plan is slow.

Maila
09-09-19, 18:37
WiFi speeds in the country are not great and hotels can be poor once full. Quest is better than many though.

OO go and get a pocket WiFi as this can be better. I did and helps when in coffee shops and your data plan is slow.I've looked into some pocket wifi (mifi?) solutions. One from Xiaomi. I wasn't sure myself if it would work with mobile companies generically. Unfortunately, I have left the US, so I can't order one, which comes with service to be delivered. I was wondering if some solution was available at Cebu airport but wasn't able to find that info. I know there are cell providers selling sim cards, etc. But not if they have those devices.

Dg8787
09-10-19, 04:57
I've looked into some pocket wifi (mifi?) solutions. One from Xiaomi. I wasn't sure myself if it would work with mobile companies generically. Unfortunately, I have left the US, so I can't order one, which comes with service to be delivered. I was wondering if some solution was available at Cebu airport but wasn't able to find that info. I know there are cell providers selling sim cards, etc. But not if they have those devices.Plenty of pocket Wifi gadget sellers in PH. Plenty stores in Ayala Mall in the 3rd floor. I have seen them work well in urban areas.

No need to fret.

GDreams
09-10-19, 10:23
Plenty of pocket Wifi gadget sellers in PH. Plenty stores in Ayala Mall in the 3rd floor. I have seen them work well in urban areas.

No need to fret.Why not use the hotspot function on the mobile phone, that's all I do and connect to 4 G services.

Maila
09-10-19, 13:58
Plenty of pocket Wifi gadget sellers in PH. Plenty stores in Ayala Mall in the 3rd floor. I have seen them work well in urban areas.

No need to fret.Awesome. Thank you!

Kabul Guy
09-11-19, 03:08
Why not use the hotspot function on the mobile phone, that's all I do and connect to 4 G services.I have a WiFi router but stopped using it as soon as I got a 4 G phone. I did a couple speed tests and the speeds were the same through my phone and through the router so put the router away and only use my phone in hotspot mode.

Saves having to fund two sim cards and keep two data plans active, not that that is a significant cost issue but just a PITA.

Dg8787
09-11-19, 03:58
Why not use the hotspot function on the mobile phone, that's all I do and connect to 4 G services.Because he asked about pocket WiFi.

He has a deep concern to have a strong WiFi connection available to him at all times.

Amadeuss
10-02-19, 08:38
Next year I plan to book an appartement for a month. Budget max 20.000 Peso. Horizon101 would be my preferred place. But the AirBnB offers need prepayment and I am not keen on that.

Does anyone has an adress of a appartement owner to book direct? Or a booking portal do make a reservation without prepayment (as you can do an Booking.com for hotel rooms)?

Goferring
10-02-19, 08:41
Next year I plan to book an appartement for a month. Budget max 20.000 Peso. Horizon101 would be my preferred place. But the AirBnB offers need prepayment and I am not keen on that.

Does anyone has an adress of a appartement owner to book direct? Or a booking portal do make a reservation without prepayment (as you can do an Booking.com for hotel rooms)?Pagoda can have condos as well as hotel rooms. However, most will require payment to secure the room (s).

Have a great trip. G.

JohnnyAsia
10-08-19, 18:13
Just booked ABC hotel. Curious to know if it is girl friendly. I know Clark is better, but it is also more expensive.

Engine Driver
10-09-19, 00:17
Just booked ABC hotel. Curious to know if it is girl friendly. I know Clark is better, but it is also more expensive.The ABC Hotel was purchased by the Missionaries of Charity in 2004 as a training hotel for the poor. It now forms part of the Catholic Church's extensive property portfolio in the Philippines.

The poor from the greater Angeles City area who have basic literacy standards are selected by the Charity and are trained in all aspects of hospitality and hotel management at this hotel. This has led to many successful careers. One of the current GMs of a large 5-star hotel in Manila started his career at this hotel as bell boy under this charity program. Many of the patrons of this hotel are connected with the Catholic Church, attending conferences, seminars or prayer sessions. You will come across many men of the cloth if you stay here. Just address everyone as Father or Sister.

If you are considering mongering activities, please avoid this hotel. To enter a room with a girl, you will need to produce a marriage certificate to prove the girl is your wife.

The portrait of Mother Teresa in the ABC foyer sets the tone.

Sxxxx
10-09-19, 00:18
Just booked ABC hotel. Curious to know if it is girl friendly. I know Clark is better, but it is also more expensive.Surprising, you can afford ABC Hotel, supposedly 5 star, but you cannot afford membership of ISG?. I know there is an ABC Hotel in Angeles, but not in Cebu, over a thousand km's away. Did you mean to place your query on Angeles thread? As WR would say, get the Private Message service and then you will be able to access even more info.

Sxxxx
10-09-19, 05:31
The ABC Hotel was purchased by the Missionaries of Charity in 2004 as a training hotel for the poor. It now forms part of the Catholic Church's extensive property portfolio in the Philippines.Yes, I know it well. Often use its Confessional.

Amadeuss
10-09-19, 13:06
If you are considering mongering activities, please avoid this hotel. To enter a room with a girl, you will need to produce a marriage certificate to prove the girl is your wife.

The portrait of Mother Teresa in the ABC foyer sets the tone.Hahahaha--bullshit!

JohnnyAsia
10-09-19, 15:52
3 star ABC Hotel in Cebu:

https://www.booking.com/hotel/ph/abc-amp-homes.html

OK to bring girls or not?

Don't mind paying for subscription, but think it will take too long (post mail) before I actually go there.

The ABC Hotel was purchased by the Missionaries of Charity in 2004 as a training hotel for the poor. It now forms part of the Catholic Church's extensive property portfolio in the Philippines.

The poor from the greater Angeles City area who have basic literacy standards are selected by the Charity and are trained in all aspects of hospitality and hotel management at this hotel. This has led to many successful careers. One of the current GMs of a large 5-star hotel in Manila started his career at this hotel as bell boy under this charity program. Many of the patrons of this hotel are connected with the Catholic Church, attending conferences, seminars or prayer sessions. You will come across many men of the cloth if you stay here. Just address everyone as Father or Sister.

The portrait of Mother Teresa in the ABC foyer sets the tone.

WestCoast1
10-09-19, 17:20
Hahahaha--bullshit!Hahahaha Amaduess you found Mother Teresa!

Engine Driver
10-10-19, 10:53
3 star ABC Hotel in Cebu:

https://www.booking.com/hotel/ph/abc-amp-homes.html

OK to bring girls or not?

Don't mind paying for subscription, but think it will take too long (post mail) before I actually go there.Well fuck me dead! There is an ABC in Cebu! Well done in finding that. All I can say is that every hotel in the Phils is girl friendly. Just book for two people and make sure the chica has some ID.

Dang2000
10-13-19, 02:20
Hey folks,

Any ideas on a decent place to stay that's midrange? My tastes aren't too high but need girl friendly and of course clean and safe. I'm guessing lots of options near and around Mango but a little further (short Trike ride) is cool too.

I plan to spend most days out and about so don't want to spend a ton of cash on a place to hold my bag.

Thanks all in advance.

Wicked Roger
10-14-19, 01:01
Hey folks,

Any ideas on a decent place to stay that's midrange? My tastes aren't too high but need girl friendly and of course clean and safe. I'm guessing lots of options near and around Mango but a little further (short Trike ride) is cool too.

I plan to spend most days out and about so don't want to spend a ton of cash on a place to hold my bag.

Thanks all in advance.Always try Airbnb in IT park or around Ayala as plenty choices.

Mid range has no price tag so hard to say. Try the web sites for Quest, Elizabeth, Red Planet (cheap and cheerful) even Island Resorts (even cheaper and more cheerful) - opposite Elizabet. Also Mandarin Oriental and Golden Prince all in the same vicinity and walkable to Ayala.

IT Park is messy to get to / from.

Banilad has hotels but is a jeepney or better a taxi to Ayala.

X Man
10-14-19, 02:21
By midrange I'm guessing between 1500 and 3000 pesos. Also, you won't find many trikes on the main roads. Taxi is the way to go.

Holiday Plaza (254-6888) on Ramos, P 1800 without the buffet breakfast, great location, but a bit worn. Very flexible with storing luggage. They don't have safe deposit box in room, but you can get a lock box behind the counter. Next door to a Bo's Coffee (raintree mall).

Summit (239-3000), above Robinsons midtown, nice buffet breakfast. Look for discounts. Tiny pool.

Hotel LE Carmen, I stayed here a long time ago, but stopped because of the noise from the Mango clubs. Noise may not be a problem these days.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hotel-Le-Carmen-Cebu/204713969573382

Fuente Pension. Very simple place. Not for me. But restaurant on the top floor is nice. Across the street is Apple Trees at about 1000. Extra for a fridge.

St Mark 505 is closer to 4 k, but just a short walk to Lone Star Bar. Eddies is in the same area.

Someone mentioned ABC, this is also on Ramos. I looked at a room and it seemed a bit tiny. Cafe on the ground floor.

All the above are near Mango / Robinson's midtown.

St Moritz, close to Ayala, large rooms, good restaurant. Very dated. Love the antique money boxes.

Hey folks,

Thanks all in advance.

Dang2000
10-16-19, 03:00
Thanks X-Man.

Quick question on what you meant by noise not being a problem at Mango. Did it get shut down or something? Haven't seen much in it recently.

Thanks,

Dan.

X Man
10-17-19, 09:09
The big dance club, J Avenue, closed. There is some construction going at Mango Square Mall.

Please don't confuse Mango Square Mall with references to Mango go-go bars. Those are a few hundred meters farther east on the same street.

Thanks X-Man.

Quick question on what you meant by noise not being a problem at Mango. Did it get shut down or something? Haven't seen much in it recently.

Thanks,

Dan..

Dang2000
11-04-19, 22:07
I ended up picking horizon 101. It's OK not great but I wasn't looking for great. I am right in mango square but that not really my scene. I'm up high enough that street noise is faint and not an issue. I wish my AC was arctic cold but it's doing decent. Cozy space bjy good for the few days I'm in it.

There isn't a breakfast place on site that I am aware of but there are options a few hundred feet away.

It's def girl friendly as well. You have to escort them up but no issues so far.

I might not stay here when income back though. Perhaps a place Mactan if I can find one in my range.

More to follow. I head to Moalboal tomorrow.

WestCoast1
11-08-19, 12:06
The big dance club, J Avenue, closed. There is some construction going at Mango Square Mall. Please don't confuse Mango Square Mall with references to Mango go-go bars. Those are a few hundred meters farther east on the same street.J Ave, the former Juliana's, has been closed for a year. Just to the right (east towards the Vikings bars) are at least one smaller disco and an upstairs sports bar and upstairs disco (take escalator). Between the street-facing strip mall that houses Marshall's Irish Pub and the old J Ave building, is now a covered / tented outdoor street foods place, many vendors, a bit like Hot Asian Bazaar / Nights in Makati, Makati Ave corner Luna (near Gramercy).

Albert9989
02-02-20, 04:37
Some infos about my stay in Cebu, 1st time for me.

Hotels.

I am looking for prices max 2 k, around, and to be in center close to Ayala was not so easy to find.

1st stay at St Moritz hotel. At the end of a small deadend street with people living there on side, but no issues. Very old fashion, very wide rooms, noisy aircond, restaurant which seems good one, breakfast was very nice with fresh juices or shakes. Should be GF but didn't experience for that night.

2nd stay 2 nights at Richmond. Good offer on Agoda at 1 k per night.

But room was small, no window, bit smelly. Not good. So I ask for better and they found a very wide one, 10th floor, wide window, small balcony, queen size bed, Aircon noisy, but quite good and same price. Very GF, guard at entry check IDs even when only ID on phone! I had two guards trying taking a photo of ID on the phone of the girl, pbs with screen saver, flash, orientation, this lasted for 10 minutes with the girl taking the guard's phone in hand herself, taking pic, chatting all 3. At the end they say ok. Not very secure all that! Nothing kept from the girl, but when she left they called to get approval.

Only a small restaurant, good for breakfast which are a bit crap. I like the idea to have formulas American, french, pilipino, Spanish, polish, etc. But the content is very poor. No fresh fruit juice.

This morning the waiter had a huge bug. I ask for juice and coffee, he say no, its OR, not AND, which one you want? I say both. He stayed bugging for a moment. Then ran to the kitchen and came back with both, ok, but a cold egg! So he change for sunny side on my request. Haha. Strange.

I went also to Toledo.

I took vhire, junqueira station, 110 k for seat. 1 h30 travel through mountain, nice views along the road. But no luggage space, need to put luggage on one seat so pay another seat, 110 k more. Don't know if pilipino pays that. I paid. For return I noticed a second luggage on mine on same seat. I said I pay half. They chatted long time, then owners of 2nd luggage took it on their knees. Cashier came back and say now you pay 2 seats. I paid.

Hotel in Toledo: Estrella del Mar.

5 Kms away on the cost, use tricycle to go there, 10 k seat. Scams possible but 10 k only. Maybe you can add 10 k for luggage.

Quite good hotel, fully GFE, absolutely no control for girls going to room, at least if accompanied.

Correct restaurant. No electrical plugs in room, had to call reception and she moved the bed away from wall to show the only plug there.

Few girls available there on different sites, but didn't succeed to get one gor sex but I stayed 1 night.

That's all folks.

Another post to come for girls in Cebu.

X Man
03-13-20, 12:23
Thanks for the post Albert9989.

At one point you write 10 k (10,000) and I'm not sure what you mean. I've never made it across to Toledo.

St Moritz must have been nice back when it was built. The rooms are very large and I like the inner courtyard. The restaurant is good. At one time there was a go go bar at the hotel!

Richmond. I liked those large balcony rooms, but have not stayed there for years. Why? Because I was told that the balcony rooms were no longer for short term rent. They do mostly long term rentals. I went past recently and it looks even more rundown than usual. I may check it out next trip if they are being more flexible with the balcony rooms.

Lastly, I'd like to mention Montebello Hotel. It's a beautiful place with large pool and large garden. It is located behind Country Mall in Banilad. The location is inconvenient for me, but it's nice if you have a steady gal to hang out with. Nice for photos too. Sadly, I've learned that it has been sold to a Fil-Chinese who plans to turn it into a casino. The rooms are going very cheaply now with the COVID problem.

Some infos about my stay in Cebu, 1st time for me.

SNIP

Hotel in Toledo: Estrella del Mar.

5 Kms away on the cost, use tricycle to go there, 10 k seat. Scams possible but 10 k only. Maybe you can add 10 k for luggage.

ThomasCasey
02-11-22, 08:49
I can't wait to finally go back to Cebu! Last time I was there I stayed at Quest and had an amazing time. Thanks to everyone here who recommended it. I had no problem bringing guests back although since it was my first time there still felt a bit self conscious. This was back in February 2020 literally when they were shutting down flights from China from entering.

I also stayed at Harold's Hotel which has an amazing rooftop restaurant outdoors with an excellent view of the city. It was also guest friendly, although they check the ID to make sure the guest is of-age because the same elevators that go to the rooms also take you to the rooftop bar / restaurant where alcohol is served. Excellent stay and the price is right with huge rooms if you want.

My question is this: this next trip I plan to go in April. This time I want to try a new hotel and was looking at IT Park just to explore another area. The Seda Central Block looks nice. I was RTFF and I think someone was saying it used to be a Marriott. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea if they've historically given any pushback on bringing guests to your room? I'd hate to book it for a whole week and not be able to have fun. I'd rather just stay with Quest to take that risk out of the equation, but want to try something new. Any ideas guys?

Also I realize given the reopening who knows what the rules will or will not be as things reopen in terms of allowing guests back in any hotel.

Thanks in advance.

Dg8787
02-11-22, 19:45
I can't wait to finally go back to Cebu! Last time I was there I stayed at Quest and had an amazing time. Thanks to everyone here who recommended it. I had no problem bringing guests back although since it was my first time there still felt a bit self conscious. This was back in February 2020 literally when they were shutting down flights from China from entering.

I also stayed at Harold's Hotel which has an amazing rooftop restaurant outdoors with an excellent view of the city. It was also guest friendly, although they check the ID to make sure the guest is of-age because the same elevators that go to the rooms also take you to the rooftop bar / restaurant where alcohol is served. Excellent stay and the price is right with huge rooms if you want.

My question is this: this next trip I plan to go in April. This time I want to try a new hotel and was looking at IT Park just to explore another area. The Seda Central Block looks nice. I was RTFF and I think someone was saying it used to be a Marriott. I'm wondering if anyone has any idea if they've historically given any pushback on bringing guests to your room? I'd hate to book it for a whole week and not be able to have fun. I'd rather just stay with Quest to take that risk out of the equation, but want to try something new. Any ideas guys?

Also I realize given the reopening who knows what the rules will or will not be as things reopen in terms of allowing guests back in any hotel.

Thanks in advance.The Quest hotel is excellent. Great food there. I remember they always checked the girls ID. Sometimes there was a problem bringing 2 or more girls into the room. That was the drawback. One time one girl had to wait in the lobby while the other one went up to the room. Then they rotated. Other times I got 3 girls up with no problems. They all stayed overnight in the room.

I can't remember the name of the hotel across the Quest. That hotels Security was a real pain in the.

Let me know how it goes as I planning to go to Cebu in March or April. I might take a trip to Alona / Panglao too.

Buko Max
02-12-22, 15:35

Thanks in advance.If you want to stay in the IT Park environs, try Airbnb as there are many condos available for rent. Security is lax at most condo buildings. Be advised that many restaurants have closed in the park.

D Cups
02-14-22, 13:46
The Quest hotel is excellent. Great food there. I remember they always checked the girls ID. Sometimes there was a problem bringing 2 or more girls into the room. That was the drawback. One time one girl had to wait in the lobby while the other one went up to the room. Then they rotated. Other times I got 3 girls up with no problems. They all stayed overnight in the room.

I can't remember the name of the hotel across the Quest. That hotels Security was a real pain in the.

Let me know how it goes as I planning to go to Cebu in March or April. I might take a trip to Alona / Panglao too.Hi DG, the one across the street is Mandarin. I will be staying at Quest Feb 22 - 25 then off to Duma to find a house to rent in my retirement. But will frequent MNL, AC, Subic, Cebu. PM me buddy. Lets have a beer, get some girls and take care of this dry spell! Cheers!

Dg8787
02-14-22, 20:33
Hi DG, the one across the street is Mandarin. I will be staying at Quest Feb 22 - 25 then off to Duma to find a house to rent in my retirement. But will frequent MNL, AC, Subic, Cebu. PM me buddy. Lets have a beer, get some girls and take care of this dry spell! Cheers!Your DM is full.

Unfortunately I am stuck in US until I close a RE sale. Closing date keeps being a moving target. Hopefully I will land in PH late March or in April.

BTW, I like A, be or see cups. No competition here.

Thanks for the invite. I am looking forward to your reports, especially about Quest and their guest policies.

Did the Mandarin Hotel close up? I don’t see it on any booking sites.

Goferring
02-14-22, 22:09
The Quest hotel is excellent. Great food there. I remember they always checked the girls ID. Sometimes there was a problem bringing 2 or more girls into the room. That was the drawback. Huuh? My girl (s) always juts came straight to my room. The only stop was to knock on my door. No interruptions from hotel staff at all. But that was pre COVID.

Dg8787
02-14-22, 22:21
Huuh? My girl (s) always juts came straight to my room. The only stop was to knock on my door. No interruptions from hotel staff at all. But that was pre COVID.Haven't been there for a few years but always had the security issue. They even had the metal detector at the front door.

Also there was a Church that had services there on Sunday mornings. Security would stop any young thing not in Church attire before and during Church service. One Sunday security would not let a sexy attire guest of mine with ID thru the front door. I went down to get her and they refused to let her in to my room. Finally I said she was here for the brunch with me! We ate and then walked to the elevator and up we went.

DzikaBomba
02-23-22, 17:18
Can someone recommend me an Condo / Airbnb where I don't have this hassle with these Vaccine Card Checks / Guest Forms BS?

I booked the ABC Hotel for my Trip in May, but they require Vaccine Card, ID, and to fill out an Form for the Guests.

I think that many girls will not have one (or more) of these requirements and than I will have problem, because I don't travel so far for going to ST Hotels with them only.

It would be nice when someone could recommend me an Condo where I can bring guests in without these annoying checks.

When someone knows a nice place close to osmena circle please contact me also through PM.

Sammon
02-23-22, 22:41
Can someone recommend me an Condo / Airbnb where I don't have this hassle with these Vaccine Card Checks / Guest Forms BS?

I booked the ABC Hotel for my Trip in May, but they require Vaccine Card, ID, and to fill out an Form for the Guests.

I think that many girls will not have one (or more) of these requirements and than I will have problem, because I don't travel so far for going to ST Hotels with them only.

It would be nice when someone could recommend me an Condo where I can bring guests in without these annoying checks.

When someone knows a nice place close to osmena circle please contact me also through PM.Too many hassles to go to Philippines and enjoy. I had also planned a trip in April to Manila, cebu and maybe angeles. Immigration is an issue in itself. Test 48 hours before leaving country, apps download, health insurance (this is of no use because all are reimbursement kind. First you pay and put in a claim. If you are tested positive it would be hell in a third world country. Where they drag you to, treatment, food delivered etc. This would be hell in short).

Next is the hotel. I had booked through Agoda five star hotels. Sure enough I get a e mail from them with their rules and restrictions regarding guest policy (in other words they want you to stay alone unless you check in with vaccinated girl who has all these apps downloaded, clear photo identification.) After all this I would be scared to kiss the girl because if the girl comes down with sniffles and tests positive both you and the girl will be spending next 10 days in quarantine hotel. Guess who is paying?

Next is travel within Philippines. Once again all your apps with info should be up to date. Next hotel I have booked has the same rules and regulations. Same issues if try to get a girl. Even if the girl is for ST only if the girl for any reason tests positive she needs to give her acquaintance contacts info which can create a problem.

After considering all these I have decided it is not worth the hassle and I would not be really enjoying the trip and cancelled all reservations.

When mongering there should not be any restrictions.

I was talking to someone who said restrictions will not go away till after presidential elections.

Sammon
02-24-22, 00:08

When someone knows a nice place close to osmena circle please contact me also through PM.Too many hassles to go to Philippines and enjoy. I had also planned a trip in April to Manila, cebu and maybe angeles. Immigration is an issue in itself. Test 48 hours before leaving country, apps download, health insurance (this is of no use because all are reimbursement kind. First you pay and put in a claim. If you are tested positive it would be hell in a third world country. Where they drag you to, treatment, food delivered etc. This would be hell in short).

Next is the hotel. I had booked through Agoda five star hotels. Sure enough I get a e mail from them with their rules and restrictions regarding guest policy (in other words they want you to stay alone unless you check in with vaccinated girl who has all these apps downloaded, clear photo identification.) After all this I would be scared to kiss the girl because if the girl comes down with sniffles and tests positive both you and the girl will be spending next 10 days in quarantine hotel. Guess who is paying?

Next is travel within Philippines. Once again all your apps with info should be up to date. Next hotel I have booked has the same rules and regulations. Same issues if try to get a girl. Even if the girl is for ST only if the girl for any reason tests positive she needs to give her acquaintance contacts info which can create a problem.

After considering all these I have decided it is not worth the hassle and I would not be really enjoying the trip and cancelled all reservations.

When mongering there should not be any restrictions.

I was talking to someone who said restrictions will not go away till after presidential elections.

Boatengo
02-27-22, 17:17
Too many hassles to go to Philippines and enjoy. I had also planned a trip in April to Manila, cebu and maybe angeles. Immigration is an issue in itself. Test 48 hours before leaving country, apps download, health insurance (this is of no use because all are reimbursement kind. First you pay and put in a claim. If you are tested positive it would be hell in a third world country. Where they drag you to, treatment, food delivered etc. This would be hell in short).

After considering all these I have decided it is not worth the hassle and I would not be really enjoying the trip and cancelled all reservations..What do you mean with "apps download" and "all your apps should be up to date"? Which apps are you talking about?

Filou
03-09-22, 06:21
What do you mean with "apps download" and "all your apps should be up to date"? Which apps are you talking about?You need the Traze Contact Tracing for flights.

You need the One Health Pass (OHP) to enter the Philippines but I'm not sure if that's an app or a web site.

So many rules.

Filou
03-09-22, 06:27
And don't forget the S-Pass.

AsianPursuits
03-28-22, 22:47
Too many hassles to go to Philippines and enjoy. I had also planned a trip in April to Manila, cebu and maybe angeles. Immigration is an issue in itself. Test 48 hours before leaving country, apps download, health insurance (this is of no use because all are reimbursement kind. First you pay and put in a claim. If you are tested positive it would be hell in a third world country. Where they drag you to, treatment, food delivered etc. This would be hell in short).I just booked for May. I haven't yet bothered to navigate the immigration rules as I know they will change between now and then. Whatever will be needed I am sure I can accomplish in the last few days.

Having done business in Ph & dealt with Ph bureaucracy I am sure it can be overcome.

Big Kahuna
04-01-22, 10:27
And don't forget the S-Pass.Just departed Philippines on Mar 30 2022.

In Phil from 17 -30 Mar 2022.

For Domestic travel. No apps. Traveled to CDO and Cebu on both PAL and Cebu Pacific from Manila.

Never asked for any S- Pass or Traze App or any other app from airline or hotel personnel.

For International.

Arrived from Bangkok to Manila. Only QR code from One Health. No App.

AsianPursuits
09-18-22, 22:58
Just wondering if this short time hotel is still a viable option?

I have used it pre-covid previous for quickies.

Will need a Cebu room for about 6 hours.

Mdemde
09-20-22, 15:31
Just wondering if this short time hotel is still a viable option?

I have used it pre-covid previous for quickies.

Will need a Cebu room for about 6 hours.I'm not sure what your question is! There are many Queensland hotels in the tri-city areas of Cebu City, Manduae City and Lapu-Lapu City and there is also one in Consolacion. I have used many of them for short-time sessions, though never for 6 hours. If you want one of their rooms for 6 hours it won't be a problem.

AsianPursuits
09-20-22, 22:52
I'm not sure what your question is! There are many Queensland hotels in the tri-city areas of Cebu City, Manduae City and Lapu-Lapu City and there is also one in Consolacion. I have used many of them for short-time sessions, though never for 6 hours. If you want one of their rooms for 6 hours it won't be a problem.Thank you. Good to hear the short time hotel business is flourishing.

SsivTapti
09-30-22, 10:02
Thank you. Good to hear the short time hotel business is flourishing.FYI info there is still a covid doc requirements in many hotels and airbnb in cebu. Silly really. They want to see vaccination doc and ID's. Very strict on guests. I've not had issues other than showing docs. It's inconsistent. Some make it out to be a big deal and others don't' ask. Mask wearing is in place many places to again silly.

DzikaBomba
10-01-22, 17:37
I stayed in the ABC Hotel in Cebu close to Mango when I was in Cebu in May / June.

This Place is the best, because you go to your floor directly from the groundfloor with the Lift accesed by your keycard.

So nobody checks anything. No Vaccine Card, IDs or things like that. The Guard downstairs doesn't care about anything. He just sits there.

Just wait downstairs for the Girl and then go to your floor together with the girl with the Lift. Simple as that. It can not be more discreet. No need to go to the Reception.

But the Rooms are quiet small, but nice.

I really can recommend the Hotel. Because of the mentioned Discretion and everything else was nice.

Had zero problems. Highly recommended.

Sam Ayaka
10-15-22, 22:36
But the Rooms are quiet small, but nice.

I really can recommend the Hotel. Because of the mentioned Discretion and everything else was nice.

Had zero problems. Highly recommended.I had a look at their website. Was the Superior Room (King bed) sufficient for your stay or would you recommend upgrading to the Suite room (Queen bed w / kitchen & living)?

Thanks in advance!

DzikaBomba
10-19-22, 06:59
I had a look at their website. Was the Superior Room (King bed) sufficient for your stay or would you recommend upgrading to the Suite room (Queen bed w / kitchen & living)?

Thanks in advance!The Superior Room was small, but for me it was sufficient.

The bigger Room is not worth it in my Opinion. Its almost the same like the small, but with an additional Room and the Kitchen.

The Bed for sure was big in the Room and that is most important.

Sam Ayaka
10-20-22, 00:49
The Superior Room was small, but for me it was sufficient.

The bigger Room is not worth it in my Opinion. Its almost the same like the small, but with an additional Room and the Kitchen.

The Bed for sure was big in the Room and that is most important.Sounds good for me. Think I'll book a few days with the superior room during my stay in Cebu.

Guess another upside of a small room is that you can keep an eye on things if safety is a concern.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Sammon
10-21-22, 01:19
Mandarin hotel next to quest hotel is re opening. After massage I went around there. Although there were orange cones at the driveway the guy who was there said they were getting the hotel ready. I liked that hotel. It is inexpensive and breakfast included. Walking distance to Ayala. I found delux rooms on the high floor is very good. I stayed at waterfront this time but it is secluded and need taxi to go anywhere. Some taxi drivers have resorted to not turning meter on and quoting flat price. They must have taken a cue from Manila mafia taxi drivers.

Amadeuss
10-22-22, 15:11
Mandarin hotel next to quest hotel is re opening. After massage I went around there. Although there were orange cones at the driveway the guy who was there said they were getting the hotel ready. I liked that hotel. It is inexpensive and breakfast included. Walking distance to Ayala. I found delux rooms on the high floor is very good. I stayed at waterfront this time but it is secluded and need taxi to go anywhere. Some taxi drivers have resorted to not turning meter on and quoting flat price. They must have taken a cue from Manila mafia taxi drivers.But the Mandarin was very strict to let girls in: you must do the walk of shame to the reception desk together with the guard where you have to register your girl. And if the girl does not have a valid ID. No way to get in. I was coming back from dinner at Ayala with a lady, a professional teacher, 32 years, not indecent dressed. She had her school-pass with her, showing she is a teacher there. They refused to let her in. Bastards!

She sneaked in next morning for breakfast and.

Goferring
10-22-22, 22:36
Mandarin hotel next to quest hotel is re opening..For the immediate Ayala area I've switched to AirBnB condos. I rarely eat hotel breakfasts so I like the extra space of condos and the more complete amenities. Price is a wash or even cheaper. Many are a very short walk to the Mall for meet ups, bars, restaurants etc.

The Quest was much better before the road divider and you could literally walk across the street directly to Ayala's front door.

Dg8787
10-23-22, 00:20
But the Mandarin was very strict to let girls in: you must do the walk of shame to the reception desk together with the guard where you have to register your girl. And if the girl does not have a valid ID. No way to get in. I was coming back from dinner at Ayala with a lady, a professional teacher, 32 years, not indecent dressed. She had her school-pass with her, showing she is a teacher there. They refused to let her in. Bastards!

She sneaked in next morning for breakfast and.Sometimes asking the manager to allow you to sign a waiver will let the no ID girl into your room. You have to insist on it. The waiver is holding the hotel harmless for anything your girl might do in the hotel. I know it is weird but I have used it a few times to allow a girl in.

I have brought the girl in "just" for dining at the restaurant and after dining we went straight to the elevator up to the room.

Sammon
10-23-22, 02:32
For the immediate Ayala area I've switched to AirBnB condos. I rarely eat hotel breakfasts so I like the extra space of condos and the more complete amenities. Price is a wash or even cheaper. Many are a very short walk to the Mall for meet ups, bars, restaurants etc.

The Quest was much better before the road divider and you could literally walk across the street directly to Ayala's front door.They have taken out the road divider so you can cross the road.

Security at Mandarin is a hit and miss. Lots of tourist groups stay there. So if the girl is well dressed she will have no problem coming to the room. Girl can be registered if you book for two without extra charge.

KinkyChris846
12-10-22, 16:00
I really can recommend the Hotel. Because of the mentioned Discretion and everything else was nice.I will book there too! Thanks.

AsianPursuits
12-13-22, 09:43
They have taken out the road divider so you can cross the road.
Can confirm the road barrier is gone but it is a shit of a road to cross.

Another hotel option is Parklane, allows crossing under the overpass. Parklane has two entrances. The front through the lobby and the carpark entry which can be used walking back from Ayala with with the new squeeze and bypassing the lobby.

Business is booming at the hotel with local Filipino weddings and functions.

Blue Day
12-13-22, 10:36
Visiting Cebu in January, Can someone please suggest some nice hotel in Cebu City where girls can move in and out freely without any restriction.

I am planning to book Hotel Quest near Ayala Mall, I am solo traveler and will be booking twin occupancy. Is Hotel Quest girl friendly?

Also what will be best place for girl pick up at evening or night? Any pickup bars?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers.

Blue Day.

AsianPursuits
12-13-22, 21:30
Visiting Cebu in January, Can someone please suggest some nice hotel in Cebu City where girls can move in and out freely without any restriction.

I am planning to book Hotel Quest near Ayala Mall, I am solo traveler and will be booking twin occupancy. Is Hotel Quest girl friendly?

Also what will be best place for girl pick up at evening or night? Any pickup bars?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers.

Blue Day.Hi Blue Day and get ready for a great welcome to Cebu City.

Have you read much of the Forum? I think your same questions have been answered so many times.

Enjoy your stay, pack lots of condoms.

Sam Ayaka
12-14-22, 03:37
Here's my review on abc hotel for my few days stay there. I decide to book a few days here based on recommendations from fellow board members. Check in process was really easy and early check in was a huge plus. Take the elevator in the lobby to the third floor. The front desk staff were really friendly and helpful with answering any questions. There is a 1 k peso deposit, which I find pretty common in most hotels, who can will be refunded upon checkout.

I decided to book the superior room which has a king bed. They do have the option of a bigger room which has a queen bed in its own room along with a small living room and a dining table. The room isn't the best nor the worst but was very sufficient for my needs.

Let me start with some "issues" I experienced. There are bugs. Not to the point it's an infestation but you'll notice them here and there. No, I'm not terrified of them. See attached photo of bathroom counter and sink. Especially by the listerine bottle where there were these "ants?" Crawling all over. Knowing this I rinsed all my toiletries, dried them and placed them in my sealed luggage or backpack. I definitely don't want any bugs crawling on my toothbrush and such. There are also roaches in the room as well, and let me tell you these little fuckers are really fast. I'the recommend to keep your belongings sealed in luggage so you don't take these fuckers on a vacation back to your home country or your next hotel with you. Also, waft / whip (are these the right words? LOL) your clothes in the air vigorously before wearing or storing them away.

The shower isn't that great but gets the job done. There is a hand held shower head and rain fall head too. I wanted to use the rain fall one but seems that most of the holes are clogged and water shooting everywhere but down wards LOL. The hand held head is better for use. There has been times where I'm showering and the water just cuts off. Turning the hot and cold knobs off then on again usually solves it. There are two towels provided, a bath mat towel and a plastic non slip shower mat. The floor bath mat towel looks disgusting and dirty. At first I thought it was a left over towel from the previous occupant. After having my room cleaned the newly supplied bath mat floor towel was dirty looking as well. But oh well, I only use it to wipe excess water after drying off. I didn't bother using the plastic non slip shower mat as it seemed too dirty.

There's a safe in the closet. A mini fridge that doesn't get too cold. The tv had a good amount of channels, If you like room entertainment.

The most important part of the room is the bed. So the room is listed as a "king" sized bed, but upon my first sleep and laying down I noticed it's just two twin sized beds next to one another. It's pretty noticeable when sleeping in the center of the bed and you feel like you're sinking in between the seams of the two mattress. It wasn't too much of a problem for me but may be for heavier and larger folks.

I hope my review isn't coming off as though I'm just shitting on this place. Just listing some things I noticed. This place is really convenient to bring your girls back to as the security in the lobby doesn't pay much mind to people entering. There is a laundromat and barber shop within the elevator lobby area. Laundromat is pretty nice. 240 peso for full service (wash, dry, and fielded) laundry and done within two hours. Also a little 24 hour mini mart. Your provided room key is used to access your floor on the elevator, so have your companion wait in the lobby for you as you head down then back up together.

This is no 5 star hotel but it's great for my needs and was pretty affordable. I would stay again if I return but maybe not as long.

LittleSpinner
07-14-23, 11:44
Anyone have any recommendations for apartments blocks / airbnb condos where security are chill about guests coming and going? I'd like to be discreet and don't want the whole coming down to check in the girl process which seems like a big thing in Cebu going by all the airbnb's I've messaged. Never had this anywhere else.

Goferring
07-14-23, 18:08
Anyone have any recommendations for apartments blocks / airbnb condos where security are chill about guests coming and going? I'd like to be discreet and don't want the whole coming down to check in the girl process which seems like a big thing in Cebu going by all the airbnb's I've messaged. Never had this anywhere else.You don't have to come down if you don't want to. Just give her your room number and she can sign the register, hand over ID etc herself. If you want to be super safe just have a word to the security desk that you will be having a few friends visit over the next week and it's ok to send them up. It won't be their first time seeing a girl arrive.

Personally, I like to stay at AirBnBs close to Ayala. Lots of things to do during the day, food options and it's convenient for girls to get to and find.

MamaGuevos
07-24-23, 01:45
I have confirmed with the management of this hotel:

"Regarding unregistered guest, our staff / security will ask for the ID of the guest and register it. Not with your booking but as guest list for security purposes. ".

As far as I can tell, this is one of the best hotels in Cebu. It is not the cheapest (between $85 and $135 a night for a fancy suite facing the ocean), but certainly not exorbitant for a short stay traveler.

https://www.marcopolohotels.com/en/hotels/philippines/cebu/marco_polo_plaza/index.html

Trip advisor lists it as the #4 hotel in Cebu but #1 in value for money.

MamaGuevos
07-27-23, 02:42
Here is the response to my query to the Radisson Blu hotel about allowing unregistered guests back to the room.

Good Afternoon!

For Safety and Security of our guests visitors are required to register at the desk and should also present any proof of identification. All registered guest has the authority to access room at anytime, you may advise as well the reception if you want to unregistered your companion.

Should you have further clarifications please let us know.

Thank You,

Xxxxxx xxxxxx.

Business Class Lounge Manager.

Explorer1004
08-24-23, 04:22
Here is the response to my query to the Radisson Blu hotel about allowing unregistered guests back to the room.

Good Afternoon!

For Safety and Security of our guests visitors are required to register at the desk and should also present any proof of identification. All registered guest has the authority to access room at anytime, you may advise as well the reception if you want to unregistered your companion.

Should you have further clarifications please let us know..If you meet or walk with the girl from outside most likely she will not e required to present her ID. I have done this many times and 100% of the time I just walk with the girl to the elevator.

Mahku
08-24-23, 18:16
If you meet or walk with the girl from outside most likely she will not e required to present her ID. I have done this many times and 100% of the time I just walk with the girl to the elevator.Same here. Many times, many different girls over the years. Never been stopped on the way to the elevators.

South By Sw 3
11-02-23, 22:22
To make up for mis-posting a hotel question in the General Reports forum I wanted to provide a summary here.

I'm looking for an alternative to the Hotel Elizabeth near Ayala Mall.

* Expat American suggested the Parklane with the note that while their breakfast wasn't that good, but security was very helpful in handling an LB issue.

* NewImage recommended the Quest for their great breakfast and swimming pool.

Both had nice rooms and a great location. A quick check shows them to be identically priced.

- SbySW.

Wicked Roger
11-06-23, 09:42
To make up for mis-posting a hotel question in the General Reports forum I wanted to provide a summary here.

I'm looking for an alternative to the Hotel Elizabeth near Ayala Mall.

* Expat American suggested the Parklane with the note that while their breakfast wasn't that good, but security was very helpful in handling an LB issue.

* NewImage recommended the Quest for their great breakfast and swimming pool.

Both had nice rooms and a great location. A quick check shows them to be identically priced.

- SbySW.IMHO Quest.

But I like Elizabeth as I was one of the firsts ever guests when it opened as was an easy walk to Ayala.

John Fun
12-26-23, 11:04
Hi,

Which hotels or / and accommodations in Cebu are in your opinion the best and uncomplicated for having thresomes?

Many thanks for your advices. Report of adventure in January will follow😊.

Python75
12-26-23, 19:46
Hi,

Which hotels or / and accommodations in Cebu are in your opinion the best and uncomplicated for having thresomes?

Many thanks for your advices. Report of adventure in January will follow😊.Any hotel.

Amadeuss
12-27-23, 13:10
Hi,

Many thanks for your advices. Report of adventure in January will follow😊.Book a family room for 4 person = Philippine style. And make sure ALL your guests have a valid ID to register them once you walk them proudly to the registration desk.

Its fun in the Philippines.

KumuMan
12-27-23, 19:51
IMHO Quest.

But I like Elizabeth as I was one of the firsts ever guests when it opened as was an easy walk to Ayala.Does Quest or Elizabeth have a 7 eleven within a couple minute walk. The negative of being close to the mall is that it closes too early 10 pm.

Sammon
12-27-23, 22:15
Hi,

Many thanks for your advices. Report of adventure in January will follow😊.You can book a room at waterfront Lahug. There is no checking irrespective of how many you bring to your room.

FictionalSpace
01-14-24, 17:19
Has anyone stayed at the Fairfield? It looks like a new hotel, so I don't see much info out there. Price is good and I want my Marriott nights, but seems a bit far from the center of the city and unsure of its guest policies. Any insight would be appreciated!