PDA

View Full Version : Cebu Hotels

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Admin
01-01-00, 01:00
Thread Starter.

Red Kilt
11-29-10, 14:09
I stayed at the Cebu Parklane in Cebu (near Ayala Mall) for 3 days last week while I was on business.

The room safes are small & cute and look good but they are NOT BOLTED DOWN. Just for fun I picked mine up and carried it across the room.

I guess staff would have a problem removing the safe from the hotel but it would fit in a large wheeled suitcase easily.

I met up with fellow ISG'er redman69 and he was the one who pointed it out to me. It gave us both a bit of a giggle.

Wicked Roger
11-29-10, 15:17
The room safes are small & cute and look good but they are NOT BOLTED DOWN. Just for fun I picked mine up and carried it across the room.

RK

We both know something small and cute that does like being tied down :D And carried across the room. In fact Hug Monster's chains for his cupboard would have been well received in your hotel room last week LOL

Speaking of odd things.....where did HM disappear to..(a fertile figment of someone's imagination ??)

Member #4147
12-03-10, 06:18
Jeers to da Waterfront Hotel Mactan. Had some friends bring over 3 pizzas & a staff member there insisted on a 150p per pizza "corkage" fee. Not wanting to make a stink since 4 girls were waiting I paid but thats a 1st.

Vitrea
12-03-10, 10:21
With nearly a quarter of this 5000 post thread discussing accommodation, it is deserving of a thread of its own. I am planning a trip to Cebu and it is difficult to sort hotel vs non hotel discussions.

Wicked Roger
12-04-10, 04:50
Thnaks Jackson, excellent thread. And thanks to everyone else who supported this idea.

Talking of Cebu hotels, the Radisson however nice is still very expensive on the web sites.

The new Diamond Hotel and Suites is around 4000 pesos net net or less on some sites. I visited this hotel, and is excellent, may stay there if the rates are good and cant get the Elizabeth to drop it rates post soft opening.

The Diamond is located diagonally across the road from the Parklane. More like a boutique place but nice rooms and I was told I would get free wifi.

Brymor
12-04-10, 19:47
Well done Jackson, this thread will only serve to improve the Cebu board.

Vitrea did you really count through all the posts to arrive at that conclusion? I think you need to get back to Cebu quickly and spend your free time indulging in more enjoyable pursuits :-)

I have just booked 6 nights in January at one of my old favourites the Montebello. Works out at 3000 per night for two adults and two kids. This is the best hotel in Cebu City (IMHO) if your Filipina needs to bring her kids. It has a massive pool, kids pool, small lake which the kids can fish in and lots of lawned secure gardens in which they can run around and play, in complete safety and it is also very gf.

I will then be heading off to CDO for 5 nights and then returning to Cebu for a couple of days and then out to Bohol. I plan to stay at the Marriot on my return to Cebu from CDO as it is nice to splash out on a bit of luxury now and again. They were doing a special on line rate last time I was in Cebu (about $110 I seem to remember) anyone know if there are any deals to be had for January. I will be arriving after the Sinolug festival is over.............M

Vitrea
12-04-10, 23:16
Well done Jackson, this thread will only serve to improve the Cebu board.

Vitrea did you really count through all the posts to arrive at that conclusion? I think you need to get back to Cebu quickly and spend your free time indulging in more enjoyable pursuits :-)

I have just booked 6 nights in January at one of my old favourites the Montebello. Works out at 3000 per night for two adults and two kids. This is the best hotel in Cebu City (IMHO) if your Filipina needs to bring her kids. It has a massive pool, kids pool, small lake which the kids can fish in and lots of lawned secure gardens in which they can run around and play, in complete safety and it is also very gf.

I will then be heading off to CDO for 5 nights and then returning to Cebu for a couple of days and then out to Bohol. I plan to stay at the Marriot on my return to Cebu from CDO as it is nice to splash out on a bit of luxury now and again. They were doing a special on line rate last time I was in Cebu (about $110 I seem to remember) anyone know if there are any deals to be had for January. I will be arriving after the Sinolug festival is over.............M

Ha..ha. I saw that the last post was numbered # 4980 so that was easy. I will look at the Marriott as well. Earning some points in these major hotel chains is always a plus for me.

Member #4351
12-05-10, 02:15
During the last three weeks I have been trying to get a price quote from the Marriott for my next stay there. They still haven't decided on next year's rates.

Member #4147
12-05-10, 05:34
During the last three weeks I have been trying to get a price quote from the Marriott for my next stay there. They still haven't decided on next year's rates.Seems they change month by month but over the last 2 yrs steady increase. If you are not gold or higher w/Marriott thereby accessing executive lounge I thik its over priced. That being said I am at said Marriott now.

Vitrea
12-05-10, 06:34
During the last three weeks I have been trying to get a price quote from the Marriott for my next stay there. They still haven't decided on next year's rates.

David, how can you tell if it is this year's rate or next year's rate? They have the rates for January on their website and all the other hotel sites...(just for my information...)
It is coming up around $120 USD/day.

BTW, the photos of Marriott are not that impressive. The pool looks small and the interiors look aged but several members on this forum seem to think it is one of the nicest hotels.

Member #4351
12-05-10, 15:17
I get a special long stay rate, and evidently they haven´t got those figured out yet. As far as the small pool goes, you´re right...its small. I suggest you just pick some place to stay for the first night and then check out the different options available to you. Maybe you would prefer the new Radisson.

Wicked Roger
12-05-10, 15:30
I get a special long stay rate, and evidently they haven´t got those figured out yet. As far as the small pool goes, you´re right...its small. I suggest you just pick some place to stay for the first night and then check out the different options available to you. Maybe you would prefer the new Radisson.

IMHO the Radisson is expensive. More than Mariott when I last checked but maybe less on the web sites. But still top end.

If price is not an issue fine, but if it is try Mortman's suggestion as has nice pool. I had a wander around when I was last in Cebu, is OK. The PArklane has a reasonable pool also

Pekkakoo
12-05-10, 15:46
Stayed in Elisabeth Hotel for 4 nights last week. A new hotel, very clean, and good location next to Ayala. Girlfriendly too, no problems. Only thing was that service sucked. I dropped my laundry on Friday night they said will be ready on Sunday night or Monday morning. I should have tried to find a faster laundry somewhere but was too tired after traveling. What happened that I heard nothing from them until Monday and had to start asking. First they couldnt find my laundry at all, I keep asking and asking, they always said they tell housekeeping and they call me then and they promise to call me later but I hear nothing. Finally they call me that they had brought it to a wrong room and try to find it. I had to leave for Bohol on Tuesday and had to go buy t-shirt and underwear to have somthing clean to wear. Finally they can deliver it at 11 on Tuesday morning 1 hour before I leave. Also the internet sucked big time, some it guy helped me in the room and booted theur modem but no big help, very slow connection, had to disconnect all the time to get it working again because it just got frozen. Breakfast was decent and without 1) service and 2) internet I would recommend this hote 100% now I would look for other options until these things get fixed.

Member #4351
12-05-10, 16:31
As far as laundry goes, from the Elizabeth if you walk over to the Ayala Entrance past the truck unloading bays and Metro, you will see a laundry to the right about 10 meters. Cheap and get your clothes back within two days.

Questor55
12-05-10, 19:40
As far as laundry goes, from the Elizabeth if you walk over to the Ayala Entrance past the truck unloading bays and Metro, you will see a laundry to the right about 10 meters. Cheap and get your clothes back within two days.Yeh, Okay, I apologize for that 'groaner'. Back to laundry. I have always found the private laundries are my best bet. Cheaper and faster than

Hotel services. No need to pick up days hence. Just tell them you want

Express service and pay the extra 50% for same day service. It will still

Be less than half what you would pay at a hotel. I go to Lavanda Queen

On Escario St., close to the Parklane.

Wicked Roger
12-05-10, 21:46
Stayed in Elisabeth Hotel for 4 nights last week. A new hotel, very clean, and good location next to Ayala. Girlfriendly too, no problems. Only thing was that service sucked. I dropped my laundry on Friday night they said will be ready on Sunday night or Monday morning. I should have tried to find a faster laundry somewhere but was too tired after traveling. What happened that I heard nothing from them until Monday and had to start asking. First they couldnt find my laundry at all, I keep asking and asking, they always said they tell housekeeping and they call me then and they promise to call me later but I hear nothing. Finally they call me that they had brought it to a wrong room and try to find it. I had to leave for Bohol on Tuesday and had to go buy t-shirt and underwear to have somthing clean to wear. Finally they can deliver it at 11 on Tuesday morning 1 hour before I leave. Also the internet sucked big time, some it guy helped me in the room and booted theur modem but no big help, very slow connection, had to disconnect all the time to get it working again because it just got frozen. Breakfast was decent and without 1) service and 2) internet I would recommend this hote 100% now I would look for other options until these things get fixed.

Interesting different take on the hotel as my experience is completely different...well almost. Internet wifi was great except when they changed the password and did not tell me

Laundry is always delivered 48 hour later (says so on the sheet) so I planned for that or went outside.

Service..was OK only issue was at 6am breakfast was not set up which was an issue the days Cebu favourite had a 7am school start...but that improved

And it is a soft opening still so I give the hotel some leeway

As always GF no hassles there just a wry smile from the doorman

My problem is getting from them a decent room rate for Xmas - still no reply for the last 10 days, the manager there is dimwitted and cant see a good thing ...sent me the wrong info to my request regarding 60+ room nights

So IMHO a good hotel, clean, ncice, but needs a little few things but as a soft opening I was very happy and will go back if rates are OK

Vitrea
12-06-10, 00:01
..............Service..was OK only issue was at 6am breakfast was not set up which was an issue the days Cebu favourite had a 7am school start...but that improved............

LOL. The nonchalant comment that your Cebu fav is a school girl brings smiles. You are the man.

Vitrea
12-06-10, 00:10
If you bring lady friends to the hotels like Mariott or Radisson are the lady friends allowed in the pool? ( I am planning on booking a room for two). Even if they are allowed, in general, do the girls have a problem playing in the pools with an obvious non-local? I guess some of it depends on the particular girl, where she is from and how likely she is to run into someone who may recognize her etc. Or, may be I am over analyzing this based on my experiences in other countries. Any thoughts?

DriveAllNight
12-06-10, 00:47
Or, may be I am over analyzing this based on my experiences in other countries. Any thoughts?Yes, you are overanalyzing. (No flame here, I had similar worries before becoming a Phils frequenter.)

Stay at a hotel in Makati, you'll see barely legal Pinays cavorting in the hotel pool with poriners triple their age. Stay at a hotel in Malate, you'll see the same thing. Puerto Galera, ditto. Angeles or Subic, ditto again. Except in those places the poriners will sometimes be closer to quadruple the girl's age.

And nobody cares. It's normal in Phils, accepted.

The only thing you'll maybe get is the odd dirty look from a female western tourist. But who cares? She might whisper her outrage to her western husband at her side. But while he's sitting there listening to her [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) and moan, the reality is that he probably wishes it was him that was going to be giving that most delicious of beatings to a cute little brown thing tonight.

Worzel
12-06-10, 08:59
Hi Guys,

Looking for cheap(but not nasty) hotels in cebu, near the action, would rather spend my money on more interesting activities than a flash hotel room.

Thx

Wicked Roger
12-06-10, 14:56
If you bring lady friends to the hotels like Mariott or Radisson are the lady friends allowed in the pool? ( I am planning on booking a room for two). Even if they are allowed, in general, do the girls have a problem playing in the pools with an obvious non-local? I guess some of it depends on the particular girl, where she is from and how likely she is to run into someone who may recognize her etc. Or, may be I am over analyzing this based on my experiences in other countries. Any thoughts?

I agree with the fellow poster. The other thing I would add is to buy some very skimpy bikinis ...my favourite site is wicked weasel but these can be a tad expensive...and make all the guys jealous. Cebu favourite and I have just chosen her next bikini and they is not much of it......but it will definitiely raise my blood pressure :D

Member #4351
12-06-10, 15:24
Yeh, Okay, I apologize for that 'groaner'. Back to laundry. I have always found the private laundries are my best bet. Cheaper and faster than

Hotel services. No need to pick up days hence. Just tell them you want

Express service and pay the extra 50% for same day service. It will still

Be less than half what you would pay at a hotel. I go to Lavanda Queen

On Escario St., close to the Parklane.

The one in Ayala mall I mentioned is a branch of this same company.

Questor55
12-06-10, 20:07
If you bring lady friends to the hotels like Mariott or Radisson are the lady friends allowed in the pool? ( I am planning on booking a room for two). Even if they are allowed, in general, do the girls have a problem playing in the pools with an obvious non-local? I guess some of it depends on the particular girl, where she is from and how likely she is to run into someone who may recognize her etc. Or, may be I am over analyzing this based on my experiences in other countries. Any thoughts?Most girls are used to swimming in their T's and shorts. Few own bathing suits. Invest in a couple of string bikinis, (easily adjusted for size). Otherwise, you will probably be told your cavorting friends must leave the pool, putting a 'damper', so to speak, on planned activities. Girls are thrilled to be given sexy string bikinis, and trying them on in your room.

Will be a fun prelude to things to come.

Brymor
12-06-10, 21:25
Hi Guys,

Looking for cheap(but not nasty) hotels in cebu, near the action, would rather spend my money on more interesting activities than a flash hotel room.

Thx

Worzel
Try the Diplomat Hotel situated on F. Ramos Street. It is three star and you can get a good sized double room for around 1200 pesos with room safe. I have stayed there before to escape from my gf and it is clean, secure and well located. It is a five minute walk to the Mango Square bars, a few minutes walk to Robinsons Mall and a short cab ride away from Ayalla and the restaurants in Lahug. If you want somewhere cheap and girl friendly then this is my recommendation. I once even brought three girls to my room at the Diplomat without so much as a raised eyebrow from the security guard. Of course for that price you do not get breakfast, there is no free wifi, no swimming pool and rooms are large but basic. If you are on a budget then this place takes some beating

Cheapy
12-06-10, 23:48
Just finished 3 months in Philippines and now I'm comfortable with the GV Tower Hotel (850p per nite - promo rate). Location is in Colon, not an upscale area for sure, but actually convenient for provence girls coming
into town to see "daddy".

Cheapy

Worzel,

Try the Diplomat Hotel situated on F. Ramos Street. It is three star and you can get a good sized double room for around 1200 pesos with room safe. I have stayed there before to escape from my gf and it is clean, secure and well located. It is a five minute walk to the Mango Square bars, a few minutes walk to Robinsons Mall and a short cab ride away from Ayalla and the restaurants in Lahug. If you want somewhere cheap and girl friendly then this is my recommendation. I once even brought three girls to my room at the Diplomat without so much as a raised eyebrow from the security guard. Of course for that price you do not get breakfast, there is no free wifi, no swimming pool and rooms are large but basic. If you are on a budget then this place takes some beating

Vitrea
12-07-10, 06:26
Most girls are used to swimming in their T's and shorts. Few own bathing suits. Invest in a couple of string bikinis, (easily adjusted for size). Otherwise, you will probably be told your cavorting friends must leave the pool, putting a 'damper', so to speak, on planned activities. Girls are thrilled to be given sexy string bikinis, and trying them on in your room.

Will be a fun prelude to things to come.

Questor55 and WR, than you for the great bikini tip. Buying online is not an option for me. Are there bikini shops in one of the malls?

Questor55
12-07-10, 07:16
Questor55 and WR, than you for the great bikini tip. Buying online is not an option for me. Are there bikini shops in one of the malls?SM Mall and Ayala Mall are your best bets, Vitrea. Both have large department stores that carry bikinis, as do a number of smaller shops. Expect to pay around 500-600 pesos for a string bikini and another 100 or so, for a wrap around sarong. The sarong is likely to be essential, as the girls will be too self conscious to parade around without this additional cover.

Some will take convincing before they take the plunge and remove the sarong. Usually followed by a sense of elation that they actually did something this daring. However, afterwards, they are probably ready for anything.

I always buy several at a time, so that I don't have to keep running back to the bikini shop. BTW take lots of photos of your bikini clad babe, so she can show them off to her friends.

Vitrea
12-09-10, 06:01
Any of these nice hotels like Marriott or Radisson, any of these offer free wi-fi in the rooms? At least in their lobby? Even if they have fast Ethernet connection in the room, I can use my own wireless router. Thank you.

YellowStar45
12-10-10, 06:03
Elizabeth good hotel but watch out for over booking I pay cash my hotel stay but they wanted a depoist of 20. 000. 00 peso so I did went I left I pay bil in full ask for my rec. For deposit. Can't find it but went we do we know you pay in full tow weeks later get credit card bill they chanrged my card the 20. 000. 00 so be careful thank Charles.

Bonker04
12-10-10, 21:54
Any of these nice hotels like Marriott or Radisson, any of these offer free wi-fi in the rooms? At least in their lobby? Even if they have fast Ethernet connection in the room, I can use my own wireless router. Thank you.The Radisson Blu by SM Mall offers free wi-fi in the rooms. Also Parklane International does as well!

Stroker Ace88
12-10-10, 22:47
The Radisson Blu by SM Mall offers free wi-fi in the rooms. Also Parklane International does as well!Just to clarify,

Parklane offers free corded internet access in the rooms, free wifi in the lobby. The wire should be located near the desk or in some rooms behind the TV.

Red Kilt
12-11-10, 05:23
Just to clarify,

Parklane offers free corded internet access in the rooms, free wifi in the lobby. The wire should be located near the desk or in some rooms behind the TV.

Parklane has a good fast internet system in the room as SA said. The cord (wire) is usually in the desk drawer.

WR knows it is fast because we had a good "connection" when I was last there (he was in KSA typing with one hand while I (and a friend) were teasing him with a web cam LOL)

Wicked Roger
12-11-10, 15:21
Parklane has a good fast internet system in the room as SA said. The cord (wire) is usually in the desk drawer.

WR knows it is fast because we had a good "connection" when I was last there (he was in KSA typing with one hand while I (and a friend) were teasing him with a web cam LOL) Up to the 4th floor at Parklane is wifi beyond that is LAN Ethernet cable etc and it is efficient / fast. Excellent wifi in the lobby as is the coffee (one waitress is also very cute in the coffee shop. Maybe 'spoilt' my chances with her as she saw me come and go with many as well as my Cebu favourite was tehre in school uniform at times. But you never know)

As for one hand typing RK. You know I hate to boast but I have to use 2 hands and type with my toungue. Maybe thats why Cebu favourite loves me.

Elizabeth hotel wifi. See earlier FRs but is free and I found it great, fast, effficient etc

Kaukaukane
12-12-10, 05:03
Anyone know if the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel (formerly Eddie's) is gf? Change in ownership / management sometimes bring about change in policies.

Thanks

Rampana
12-12-10, 18:12
Anyone know if the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel (formerly Eddie's) is gf? Change in ownership / management sometimes bring about change in policies.

ThanksHA hA HA.

What a question.

Go and read the CEBU Thread then you will know the answer.

This hotel is the most close stay to all the Mango Bars, so please......

Kaukaukane
12-13-10, 02:08
With all due respect, I did a search on both the "Cebu" and "Cebu Hotel" thread. Perhaps you would be kind enough (and respectful) to assist. I'm asking about the Beverly Boutique and NOT Eddie's. The hotel being in close proximity to the bars does not mean it is gf.

HA hA HA.

What a question.

Go and read the CEBU Thread then you will know the answer.

This hotel is the most close stay to all the Mango Bars, so please.

Slippery
12-13-10, 03:16
I need to stay near Southwestern University in Cebu for about three days. A good hotel recommendation would beappreciated. I have only been to Cebu once and that was just for overnight. Price would be $50. 00-75. 00 a night.

Thankis

KongKing
12-13-10, 04:56
With all due respect, I did a search on both the "Cebu" and "Cebu Hotel" thread. Perhaps you would be kind enough (and respectful) to assist. I'm asking about the Beverly Boutique and NOT Eddie's. The hotel being in close proximity to the bars does not mean it is gf.With due respect Kaukaukane if you followed Rampana's advice and read the Cebu threads you would have quickly found that the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel was called Eddies. For instance "On the Road" just 8 days ago in the Cebu thread said: "As for the Hotel, I'm in the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel aka Eddie's. In fact everyone knows it as Eddie's. Not a Boutique hotel, not a business one but a perfect mongering location." It does not take much to RTFF.

Also if you had Googled you would have also quickly found their home page:

http://beverlyboutiquehotel.com/

And yes it is very girl friendly.

Kaukaukane
12-13-10, 06:49
I searched on "Beverly" on both the "Cebu" and "Cebu Hotel" tread and got no hits. Perhaps a glitch on the search function or just my level of privelege? I also did read the treads. I look at the hotel's website and found nothing on whether it was gf. I wrote the hotel and got no response. I did exhaust all resources without success before asking about the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel. I know it was formerly Eddie's. I did spend a lot of time trying to find and answer to my question. Do humbly appreciate an answer to my concern and will now be able to book rooms for eight of us knowing it is gf. Thank you again.

With due respect Kaukaukane if you followed Rampana's advice and read the Cebu threads you would have quickly found that the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel was called Eddies. For instance "On the Road" just 8 days ago in the Cebu thread said: "As for the Hotel, I'm in the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel aka Eddie's. In fact everyone knows it as Eddie's. Not a Boutique hotel, not a business one but a perfect mongering location." It does not take much to RTFF.

Also if you had Googled you would have also quickly found their home page:

http://beverlyboutiquehotel.com/

And yes it is very girl friendly.

X Man
12-13-10, 10:59
"Thank you again"? Where was the first ty?

Who cares if you book eight people. Do you thing KK got a comission for giving you an answer? Try to show a little respect. X.

I searched on "Beverly" on both the "Cebu" and "Cebu Hotel" tread and got no hits. Perhaps a glitch on the search function or just my level of privelege? I also did read the treads. I look at the hotel's website and found nothing on whether it was gf. I wrote the hotel and got no response. I did exhaust all resources without success before asking about the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel. I know it was formerly Eddie's. I did spend a lot of time trying to find and answer to my question. Do humbly appreciate an answer to my concern and will now be able to book rooms for eight of us knowing it is gf. Thank you again.

Member #4351
12-13-10, 15:59
The 2011 Marriott rates have come out. They´ve gone up: $114. 00 a night without breakfast buffet. I think they are following the Radisson´s lead.

Wicked Roger
12-13-10, 17:58
The 2011 Marriott rates have come out. They´ve gone up: $114. 00 a night without breakfast buffet. I think they are following the Radisson´s lead.Well no surprises there then and with tax even more. Try the Elizabeth (you have to call and email and wait as not the fatest in town but patience does get rewards) , email me David will give you some details. Also Parklane is showing good rates still on www.hotels.com And I see www.hoteltravel.com Is becoming more competitive again

Member #4351
12-13-10, 18:03
Supposed to include tax, but still a lot more expensive than what I was paying there a few months ago.

Rampana
12-13-10, 18:30
I searched on "Beverly" on both the "Cebu" and "Cebu Hotel" tread and got no hits. Perhaps a glitch on the search function or just my level of privelege? I also did read the treads. I look at the hotel's website and found nothing on whether it was gf. I wrote the hotel and got no response. I did exhaust all resources without success before asking about the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel. I know it was formerly Eddie's. I did spend a lot of time trying to find and answer to my question. Do humbly appreciate an answer to my concern and will now be able to book rooms for eight of us knowing it is gf. Thank you again.@Mr. Kaukaukane.

Of course they will not propose on their website "We are a mongering hotel", but I can ASSURE you from many stays in Cebu City: IT IS. IT ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. And it ALWAYS WILL BE.

Everyone knows that. Except you? Or just kidding us?

Respectfully.

Yours.

Ram

WestCoast1
12-14-10, 02:54
I look at the hotel's website and found nothing on whether it was gf. I wrote the hotel and got no response. I did exhaust all resources without success before asking about the Beverly Boutique Business Hotel."Dear BB Hotel:

My friend WC says he brought two girls into your hotel in one day. He said he walked the second girl out thru the lobby naked, with what appears to be mayonaise on her face. Its OK for my eight friends to bring in 16 girls at a time? And I'm still waiting to hear back from you on my last question about the Swedish Bikini Team spending the night in my room. Its OK?

Sincerely,

KK"

Member #4647
12-19-10, 23:53
I am looking for hotels in the 800-1200 peso range. I have previously stayed at the diplomat but had some problems there on my last visit. Here are some of the hotels that I've been looking at, if someone has information on these it would be appreciated.specifically are they gf?

1 Hotel Cesario in Lapu Lapu.

2 NS Pensionne near Osmena Circle.

3 Pacific Pension on Osmena blvd near crown regency.

4 Sampaguita Suites near Magellan's Cross.

5 Cebu Guest House across from Lighthouse restaurant on Mango

Red Kilt
12-22-10, 09:11
I am looking for hotels in the 800-1200 peso range. I have previously stayed at the diplomat but had some problems there on my last visit. Here are some of the hotels that I've been looking at, if someone has information on these it would be appreciated. Specifically are they gf?

1 Hotel Cesario in Lapu Lapu.

3 Pacific Pension on Osmena blvd near crown regency.

4 Sampaguita Suites near Magellan's Cross.

5 Cebu Guest House across from Lighthouse restaurant on MangoThere is a Sampaguita Suites diagonally across from Robinsons (Cebu Midtown) corner at Fuente Osmena. It is in the old Cinema building. The rooms are very cheap, relatively new but extraordinarily small.

I never stayed there, but I met a friend from years back by chance one afternoon in a mall and when she invited me back to her room to "see her embroidery" it was Sampaguita Suites. I never knew it existed.

I remember having to get her diagonally across the bed as my feet were against one wall and I was worried about banging my head against the other one (there was enough banging going on without my head getting involved too LOL).

I exaggerate a trifle but you get my point.

Damn cheap and good location though. Mid-way between Silver Dollar and the Mango Bars and virtually next door to Julianas disco.

Buko Max
12-22-10, 14:11
I am looking for hotels in the 800-1200 peso range. I have previously stayed at the diplomat but had some problems there on my last visit. Here are some of the hotels that I've been looking at, if someone has information on these it would be appreciated.specifically are they gf?Was under the impression that most hotels in Cebu are girl friendly. What sort of problems did you have at the Diplomat? You must have been throwing a party in your room as they are fairly tolerant towards guests.

Your list is awfully short as there are many hotels in this price category! Cesario is owned by Bella Vista (next door) and is not a good value. Stayed there one early morning after a late flight and the room was in dire need of refurbishment. NS would be the only one I could recommend on your short list. More like a hotel then a pension house, the rooms are spacious with a decent sized bed.

Pacific is in a good location and a friend swears by the place but never stayed there. Never knew Sampaguita had a location in Colon. Would only recommend that area to well seasoned visitors. Have passed by Cebu Guest House countless times with their billboard in view advertising their low prices but you get what you pay for!

Jackzonian
12-22-10, 15:19
I did NOT stay at the Boyla but the front lobby was very clean and the two gals running the front desk were friendly and cute and helpful. There is water front but no "beach" to speak of. You can jump in and swim around, but "beach front" is a couple of hundred yards left or right of the place. There is a pool, looked nice. They have a web-site that seems pretty accurate. For the price, compared to the others in the vicinity, seems like a no brain-er. When I visited (to go snorkeling) she offered P-900 on the spot. Check out the website and decide. Next trip I would do it to get away from the congestion of central Cebu. Mind you, getting back into town weekdays at almost any hour. A nightmare. Traffic to make you want to jump off the bridge. (BTW Don't panic if the taxi takes you over the older "south" bridge. It is the more direct route to central Cebu than going via the Airport bridge.)

That's all I got.

J

Rampana
12-22-10, 17:54
Was under the impression that most hotels in Cebu are girl friendly. What sort of problems did you have at the Diplomat? You must have been throwing a party in your room as they are fairly tolerant towards guests.

Your list is awfully short as there are many hotels in this price category! Cesario is owned by Bella Vista (next door) and is not a good value. Stayed there one early morning after a late flight and the room was in dire need of refurbishment. NS would be the only one I could recommend on your short list. More like a hotel then a pension house, the rooms are spacious with a decent sized bed.

Pacific is in a good location and a friend swears by the place but never stayed there. Never knew Sampaguita had a location in Colon. Would only recommend that area to well seasoned visitors. Have passed by Cebu Guest House countless times with their billboard in view advertising their low prices but you get what you pay for! Hi,

I know all hotels in your list. The only one I wouldn't recommend is the "Cesario". It is much overpriced and dirty also. Small rooms and stinking of cold smoke (although I am smoker myself).

Ram

Feet6279
12-23-10, 05:57
Is it possible to stay at Shang ri la during the day and go into city at night for the girls?

I plan on bringing company home at night?

Money not an issue.

If not what is the best luxury hotel in Cebu city?

Red Kilt
12-23-10, 11:15
Is it possible to stay at Shang ri la during the day and go into city at night for the girls?

I plan on bringing company home at night?

Money not an issue.

If not what is the best luxury hotel in Cebu city? Of course it is possible but it is going to be a chore for you. You will need to add on at least an hour plus because of travel to and fro, which means taking an hour OFF your play time. It is at least 30 mins plus to the city from Mactan if you travel after 9 pm, and then you have to find the cab that will take you back again (if money is no object then that is OK because many drivers will want a return fare as they figure there will not be a fare back to the city after 2 am).

If beach is your prime reason for going, then stay on Mactan.

If mongering, then look at Marriott, Waterfront (city) or Marco Polo for the more "luxury" hotels close to the action,

Read the forum comments regarding the variations within these hotels.

Feet6279
12-23-10, 11:56
Of course it is possible but it is going to be a chore for you. You will need to add on at least an hour plus because of travel to and fro, which means taking an hour OFF your play time. It is at least 30 mins plus to the city from Mactan if you travel after 9 pm, and then you have to find the cab that will take you back again (if money is no object then that is OK because many drivers will want a return fare as they figure there will not be a fare back to the city after 2 am).

If beach is your prime reason for going, then stay on Mactan.

If mongering, then look at Marriott, Waterfront (city) or Marco Polo for the more "luxury" hotels close to the action,

Feet6279
12-23-10, 12:01
Thanks red. For better or worse I picked the radisson, which may be concerning since you do not mention it here. It seemed a bit newer. I arrive tomorrow so if you think I should change let me know.

Any thoughts on finding the better looking (model like) woman. I am not looking for the same type of gitls I can get at wanchai in Hong kong. Perhaps I am asking for too much.

I am not a beach guy. Prefer nice book and comfortable rooms.

of course it is possible but it is going to be a chore for you. You will need to add on at least an hour plus because of travel to and fro, which means taking an hour off your play time. It is at least 30 mins plus to the city from mactan if you travel after 9 pm, and then you have to find the cab that will take you back again (if money is no object then that is ok because many drivers will want a return fare as they figure there will not be a fare back to the city after 2 am).

If beach is your prime reason for going, then stay on mactan.

If mongering, then look at marriott, waterfront (city) or marco polo for the more "luxury" hotels close to the action,

Red Kilt
12-24-10, 02:51
Thanks red. For better or worse I picked the radisson, which may be concerning since you do not mention it here. It seemed a bit newer. I arrive tomorrow so if you think I should change let me know.

Any thoughts on finding the better looking (model like) woman. I am not looking for the same type of gitls I can get at wanchai in Hong kong. Perhaps I am asking for too much.

I am not a beach guy. Prefer nice book and comfortable rooms. Radisson Blu is5-star and newly opened, although the building itself was originally built as a Sheraton. It was completed 10 or 11 years ago but it has sat there as a white elephant because of major issues with cracking throughout the building. Seems the issues were finally resolved because it is up and running now after a soft opening and the rates are H-I-G-H.

It is sort of mid-way between city and Mactan, and has an SM Mall next door with a walkway to it.

Check out the Hotel thread for more details from WR and others.

Sprite13
12-25-10, 08:08
I'm looking at possibly staying at the Diplomat and on agoda, it says that wireless is subject to additional charge. Does anyone know how much extra we're talking in here?

Thanks guys.

Wicked Roger
12-25-10, 08:25
Radisson Blu is5-star and newly opened, although the building itself was originally built as a Sheraton. It was completed 10 or 11 years ago but it has sat there as a white elephant because of major issues with cracking throughout the building. Seems the issues were finally resolved because it is up and running now after a soft opening and the rates are H-I-G-H.

It is sort of mid-way between city and Mactan, and has an SM Mall next door with a walkway to it.

Check out the Hotel thread for more details from WR and others. RK is right, Radisson is too high and not sure how it can survive in normal months with no Sinulog etc.

See the Cebu Hotel thread lots info there, try Parklane, Elizabeth also as well those RK noted elsewhere

Bonker04
12-25-10, 08:30

I am not a beach guy. Prefer nice book and comfortable rooms. Stayed there a few nights about a month ago. It is a very nice hotel, rooms are great, free wi-fi, but yes, it is expensive! One tip you might be interested in, regardless of room grade you can upgrade to executive lounge access for 1000 php per day for 2 people and you get a nice breakfast (for 2) all drinks and snacks all day up to about 11pm. You don't need to book that in advance, just visit the lounge on the 20th floor and arrange it direct. And it is very convenient for the SM Mall.

If you are a radisson gold plus member, don't book it though an agency like Hotels. Com like I did, it was no cheaper than booking direct and it didn't qualify for the Hotels. Com book 10 get one night free deal, and also didn't attract Radisson points either so I lost out both ways! Worth checking anyway!

It has a nice pool area and gym, but the pool loses the sun about mid day!

On balance I still prefer Park Lane International's value, unless you like a pool, then the Park Lane's is crap and doesn't get much sun!

WestCoast1
12-25-10, 11:53
I'm looking at possibly staying at the Diplomat and on agoda, it says that wireless is subject to additional charge. Does anyone know how much extra we're talking in here?

Thanks guys. Just email them.

Email: reservations@diplomathotelcebu.com

Tel. : +6332-2530099.

On a different note, some gent recently asked which hotels were girl-friendly. OMG Diplomat is. Two other gents in PM asked me to relay this gem. Here is the short version, as to how an unusual Tuesday went as far as waltzing the girls in / out. On a Monday evening, I had a Cherry Blossom girl spend the night. Starting Tuesday morning:

8am, walk her out the front door (girl #1) , dropping my key at the front desk. Waltz her down to Bo's coffee for breakfast. Watch her walk into the fabric of the street as she leaves.

8:40am, walk back in the front door.

10am head out the door to the mall as it opens. Get accosted by two girls looking for some 'work'.

11am, walk in the door (girls #2, 3). Gal at front desk doesn't even look up from her paperwork, just hands me the key.

2pm, walk them out the front door.

3:30pm, head back to the mall to do the shopping I didn't get done earlier. Get accosted by two more girls. Same thing, desperate to earn some money. Am beginning to think I'm god's gift to women. Shopped quickly.

4:15pm, walk in the door (girls #4, 5). Different lady at the front desk hands me the key, again she doesn't even look up to see my two 'guests'. Was too tired to perform after the previous 3 girls, but we did massage and had fun in the room anyway.

7pm-ish, walk them out the front door, watch them walk away.

10pm, showered, napped, out the door, went to the massage place by Abuhans to check it out (very expensive, several thousand pesos) , then across to Bo's for a bit. Saw some streetwalkers by Robinson's. One agreed to p1000 for LT.

11pm, walk in front door (girl #6). Different lady at front desk (evening shift) just smiled at me.

Admittedly getting multiple two-packs in the mall in one day is unusual. I had other days there in the malls that were dry. But it goes to show how little anyone inside the hotel cares about the number of 'guests'. There heads should have been spinning like a top. Always tip the door guy.

Further
12-25-10, 12:13

My first choice in '09 and first 2 months of '10 when I traveled to Cebu from Dumaguete for a few nights. Liked the location, value, service and beds. Totally GF, not a problem.

What is a problem is the noise. One side has a school, so you'll wake to children playing and PA announcements. Across the street from the front of the building there are now two places that have music. About 50 yards away is place with live music but it's neither loud or good. The side opposite the school has a second floor bar that gets noisy on the weekends. I don't remember if the places with music were 7 nights a week or just weekends.

I sleep with industrial strength earplugs that knock 32db off the top, so the noise is not a problem for me.

Further
12-25-10, 12:17
I'm looking at possibly staying at the Diplomat and on agoda, it says that wireless is subject to additional charge.

Thanks guys. IIRC all the budget places I used in Cebu charged for wireless, all used the same system with scratch off cards purchased for specific denominations.

Further
12-25-10, 12:36
I am looking for hotels in the 800-1200 peso range.

Standard room at NS is now P 1312. For same price can get a better room at Crowne Garden.

http://crownegardenhotel.com/

Stayed for a month. GF. Taxi to Mango bars not a problem after 9pm when there is less traffic. Lots of dining options nearby, especially at the IT Park which is in walking distance. Short taxi ride to Ayala Mall. Noise not a problem. Beds in the Phils are either too hard or too soft. Crowne has too hard, NS Pensionne has too soft.

Rampana
12-25-10, 19:20

Thanks guys. It was php 90 for 1 hr (one year ago) and very weak quality most of the time

Sprite13
12-28-10, 12:39
I'm at the Diplomat now, and the internet pricing is for 1h. 2 hrs or 3hrs. I got the 3hrs for 180PHP. Quality is low indeed. But better than nothing. I'll be moving to an hotel that does offer reliable wifi after new years as wifi is vital for me. Any suggestions for a hotel located in a nice area of town, girlfriendly, with a pool and free wifi? Price under 50 bucks a night.

Thanks gents.

Rampana
12-28-10, 13:23
I'm at the Diplomat now, and the internet pricing is for 1h. 2 hrs or 3hrs. I got the 3hrs for 180PHP. Quality is low indeed. But better than nothing. I'll be moving to an hotel that does offer reliable wifi after new years as wifi is vital for me. Any suggestions for a hotel located in a nice area of town, girlfriendly, with a pool and free wifi? Price under 50 bucks a night.

Thanks gents. CASA ROSARIO on the other site of the road round the corner of NS Royal and near to Redemption Church have an EXCELLENT WiFi in the rooms, but as told already, the rooms are shitty.

And also overprised for that.

But if you want to ignore this low quality, then you will have an expert WiFi-quality.

Ram

Buko Max
12-28-10, 14:06
I'm at the Diplomat now, and the internet pricing is for 1h. 2 hrs or 3hrs. I got the 3hrs for 180PHP. Quality is low indeed. But better than nothing.Ask the management to move you to a room that has better conductivity because the WiFi worked fine for me!

Wicked Roger
12-29-10, 00:51
Stayed her for the first time over the Christmas period for a change from the normal place, wanted a place with a larger pool.

Hotel is OK pricier than I normally pay (it was Christmas but I mean pricier than by normal haunts for the same period). Not greatly impressed given I paid more. Service very slow in general, wifi good of course, restaurant OK nice selection, Cebu fav liked it as larger pool and her family came over Christmas day used pool (only cost me 300 pesos extra)

All in allw as fine but perfer others as location to Ayala far better (walking distance unlike this hotel). May stay agin but unlikely unless prices are reduced. Not a bad hotel just not the right location for me.

Speaking to a ISG member who says Marriott in Feb is as low as $90 a night. Still more expensive than my 2 favourite places but if that continues could wortha shout but security there is tighter as noted in other FRs

Rampana
12-29-10, 17:11
Ask the management to move you to a room that has better conductivity because the WiFi worked fine for me!You can even ask for a room facing F. Ramos, then you will have free WiFi from the korean language school across Diplomat Hotel.

Ram

Sprite13
12-29-10, 17:20
Thanks for the tips guys! I'll ask them that Rampana tomorrow.

Cheers.

Jackzonian
12-29-10, 20:57
The Cebu Grand is Ok. There is free Wifi but spotty depending on your room location. I took my laptop to the top floor (7) near the pool. There was a transmitter there and I got good signal. The pool is nice. The place is under construction, the parking lot is a mess. I got my room thru Agoda so it was pretty good value, I think US$57 which included a free buffet breakfast which was also pretty good. It wasn't extravagant but the omlette was made to order with everything. Hung over and bleary-eyed, breakfast and free coffee was a lifesaver.

On the 7th floor I met a guy with a room who was paying the same I was, but his room was Gigantic and had a brand new Widescreen HD tv. I had a 15 year old Sanyo. I think you got to ask the front desk and re-locate to get that deal.

Last: only about 5 minutes to Mango, average US$1. 00, and when you come home with a filly, the guards just smile and wave you through. (But I was giving them 20p pretty consistently as I came and went.) The cutie chicks at the front desk don't even look up. The front desk is 10 yards off to the right anyway as you head left for the elevators. Easy. No drama.

Worth checking out if you get stuck, but I think other reports talk about better hotels closer to Mango. The CG was Ok for the few days I was there.

J

Member #4351
12-29-10, 22:56
Marriott: $90 PLUS taxes for stays of 15 days or more without breakfast buffet.

Jackzonian
12-30-10, 22:02
I should have written: US$47 for the Cebu Grand. I had in my mind the Makati Palace, Manila.

Wicked Roger
01-01-11, 09:52
Seen the Alpa Suites advertising room rates with breakfast f or 2 persons at 2500 pesos a night (massive banner near the Elizabeth hotel) and oppsiate the Elizabeth is the Golden Prince asking 2000 pesos a night. Wifi I think in GP is extra, Alpa npt sure.

Elizabther has 30% promotion until 1o jan (Sinulog prices) so around 3000 pesos net. Wifi is free and is good except a small hiccup and that requires me asking them to reboot etc so the floor has coverage.

Of course for real cheap try Pier Quattro. Around 650 pesos a night a "clean shithole" as described by mayte from the UK who got his via Expedia. It is in a bac part of town (well sort of) , wifi is free and good, and as he pointed out to Putknuf. He room costs as much the charge for wifi in the Marriott. Was an amusing way to look at things.

Diplomat is around 1200-1800 persos per night also as visited it to meet Nail The Wood and Sprtie13 is staying there also

Wicked Roger
01-02-11, 04:40
Golden Prince asking 2000 pesos a night. Wifi I think in GP is extra, Golden Prince is free internet.

Eddies is now 1200-1500 pesos as met a guy staying there last night

Buko Max
01-03-11, 17:04
The Cebu Grand is Ok. There is free Wifi but spotty depending on your room location. I took my laptop to the top floor (7) near the pool. There was a transmitter there and I got good signal. The pool is nice. The place is under construction, the parking lot is a mess. I got my room thru Agoda so it was pretty good value, I think US$57 which included a free buffet breakfast which was also pretty good. It wasn't extravagant but the omlette was made to order with everything. Hung over and bleary-eyed, breakfast and free coffee was a lifesaver.

On the 7th floor I met a guy with a room who was paying the same I was, but his room was Gigantic and had a brand new Widescreen HD tv. I had a 15 year old Sanyo. I think you got to ask the front desk and re-locate to get that deal. Cebu Grand is one of the oldest hotels in Cebu and is still family run. They are slowly but surely refurbishing every room in the hotel. Last year I got a rate of 1800 php for one of their latest redone rooms. To get a better rate, stop by the sales office (to the right of the front desk) and inquire as to what kind of deal is available.

Mayntain
01-04-11, 04:59

Thanks gents. I got tired of payin those prices, so I got hooked up with smart-bro wireless and its about P20 per hr!

Rampana
01-04-11, 19:15
I got tired of payin those prices, so I got hooked up with smart-bro wireless and its about P20 per hr!I did the same when I have been at Diplomat last time, but unfortunately the SmartBro connection wasn't much better either!

How was your connection with that there in Diplomat?

Ram

Fistmaster
01-05-11, 12:51
Hello,

Is it in all hotels in Cebu no problem to enter with a girl or do some charge extra if she stays overnight?

Wicked Roger
01-06-11, 16:07
Saw this advertised on the back of a taxi yesterday, location below.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?hl=en&rlz=1T4LGEL_enAE361AE361&wrapid=tlif12943261790311&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=JY+Crown+hotel+cebu&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=JY+Crown+hotel&hnear=Cebu+City, +Philippines&cid=2094958315000303707.

Rates between PHP1800-2500 a night (suites are 2500)

And it does monthly rates of between 20, 000 to 30, 000 pesos.

Never been there but just for information

Gaijin Gigolo
01-06-11, 19:48
All,

I'm looking at week in Cebu City / Mactan / Lapu Lapu later this month and would like to know if anybody has stayed in the Lancaster condotel or any similar property? I know it's not in Cebu City but that's ok. I'm looking for something much more discreet than most hotels offer, something with a private entrance. Don't want to see any guards or reception on my way in with the lady friends I will bring home.

Can anybody relay any feedback on such a place? Or a hotel that offers the kind of private entrance I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance.

GG

Red Kilt
01-07-11, 04:18
All,

I'm looking at week in Cebu City / Mactan / Lapu Lapu later this month and would like to know if anybody has stayed in the Lancaster condotel or any similar property? I know it's not in Cebu City but that's ok. I'm looking for something much more discreet than most hotels offer, something with a private entrance. Don't want to see any guards or reception on my way in with the lady friends I will bring home.

Can anybody relay any feedback on such a place? Or a hotel that offers the kind of private entrance I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance.

GGHey GG,

I have lived here for 14 years, and a lot of time in Cebu.

You do NOT wish to stay in a property that allows you to enter without passing by any guards or through security.

If you can do it so can half the populace. Such a place will be very insecure.

Even haberdashery shops here have armed guards. Bored shitless but they are still provided with employment.

Almost every hotel / pension house / apartment will have security at any public entrance.

You will just have to face the fact that at some stage somebody will see you enter and leave.

Most properties also now have CCTV on each floor that can be checked later if something irregular happens. They all realised they needed it as backup after a popular actress Nida Blanca was found stabbed to death in her car in her condo parking bay and nobody had any record of her entering or leaving.

WestCoast1
01-07-11, 06:27
Hello,

Is it in all hotels in Cebu no problem to enter with a girl or do some charge extra if she stays overnight? FM: I have yet to run into a hotel that bats an eye when I bring girls in. Sometimes the security at the door will want to see an I'd. Try the Diplomat in Fuente / Cebu. Read this for girl-friendly:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?3160-Cebu-Hotels&p=1105689&viewfull=1#post1105689

Osuul
01-07-11, 16:32
FM: I have yet to run into a hotel that bats an eye when I bring girls in. Sometimes the security at the door will want to see an I'd. Try the Diplomat in Fuente / Cebu. Read this for girl-friendly:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?3160-Cebu-Hotels&p=1105689&viewfull=1#post1105689

The waterfront hotel (the one in the city not the one near the beach) charged nothing for one girl but like 100 for the second. They all had to check in with I'd. Same at kiwi lodge as far as I could see.

Gaijin Gigolo
01-07-11, 17:36
Hey GG,

I have lived here for 14 years, and a lot of time in Cebu.

You do NOT wish to stay in a property that allows you to enter without passing by any guards or through security.

If you can do it so can half the populace. Such a place will be very insecure.

Even haberdashery shops here have armed guards. Bored shitless but they are still provided with employment.

Almost every hotel / pension house / apartment will have security at any public entrance.

You will just have to face the fact that at some stage somebody will see you enter and leave.

Most properties also now have CCTV on each floor that can be checked later if something irregular happens. They all realised they needed it as backup after a popular actress Nida Blanca was found stabbed to death in her car in her condo parking bay and nobody had any record of her entering or leaving. Point taken mate. So then, anything come to mind where at least I wouldn't have to check girls in everytime I come home with one? That's why I'm curious about the Lancaster and places like that.

Gaijin Gigolo
01-07-11, 17:38
FM: I have yet to run into a hotel that bats an eye when I bring girls in. Sometimes the security at the door will want to see an I'd. Try the Diplomat in Fuente / Cebu. Read this for girl-friendly:

Does the Diplomat require girls to check in with I'd? I have stayed at CebuMidtown before and they do not require the ladies to check in.

Rampana
01-07-11, 19:28
does the diplomat require girls to check in with i'd? i have stayed at cebumidtown before and they do not require the ladies to check in.
that never happen to me, really. the guard does not even care about this. sometime i even had to "force" the guard at the elevator to "check in" or verify i'd (e. g. to avoid **** girls or w/ fl from robinsons/junquera).

and the diplomat hotel is the main place i stay when i am in cebu city.

ram

Mongrinastrlnd
01-08-11, 00:12
The waterfront hotel (the one in the city not the one near the beach) charged nothing for one girl but like 100 for the second. They all had to check in with I'd.Enforcement of this is haphazard at best. I've walked into Waterfront Lahug right past the guards significantly after 10 (when the I'd requirement is supposed to start) with a girl without so much as an acknowledgement of my existance.

Red Kilt
01-08-11, 02:42
Point taken mate. So then, anything come to mind where at least I wouldn't have to check girls in everytime I come home with one? That's why I'm curious about the Lancaster and places like that.GG,

As you will see in recent posts on this thread, most hotels do not bat an eyelid when you come in with a girl or two.

The major ones (Waterfront in Lahug, Marriott) sometimes ask for an ID later in the night.

I recommend Parklane across from Ayala. It is quite a good hotel and never asks for ID.

If you don't want to come in the front door and walk through the lobby then do as I do and walk in through the underground car park entrance, across to the elevator and straight up to the rooms. The guard is sitting there (usually half asleep) and always just gives me a wave. It is actually easier to do that if you are walking from Ayala Mall (about 5 mins stroll) anyway. You can also get the taxi to stop at the parking entrance. Saves going up and around to the front door.

Wicked Roger
01-08-11, 09:44
GG,

As you will see in recent posts on this thread, most hotels do not bat an eyelid when you come in with a girl or two.

The major ones (Waterfront in Lahug, Marriott) sometimes ask for an I'd later in the night.

I recommend Parklane across from Ayala. It is quite a good hotel and never asks for I'd.

The Marriott is more strict on IDs now.

Try the Elizabeth near by as same as Parklane but no way to avoid the doorman. Never asked me for anything even though it knows I have a live in (never asked her I'd when we checked in together) and have had multiple ladies visiting during the day. And the 'walk of shame' (if you are bothered with that) is about 3 metres to the elevator.

Most hotels in Cebu will not bother you. Depends on you budget thats all

Gaijin Gigolo
01-08-11, 19:14
that never happen to me, really. the guard does not even care about this. sometime i even had to "force" the guard at the elevator to "check in" or verify i'd (e. g. to avoid **** girls or w / fl from robinsons / junquera).

and the diplomat hotel is the main place i stay when i am in cebu city.

ramthanks a lot rampana. ummm. i knew there were **** girls in junquera, but at robinson place mall too?

Gaijin Gigolo
01-08-11, 19:15
GG,

The major ones (Waterfront in Lahug, Marriott) sometimes ask for an I'd later in the night.

I recommend Parklane across from Ayala. It is quite a good hotel and never asks for I'd.

If you don't want to come in the front door and walk through the lobby then do as I do and walk in through the underground car park entrance, across to the elevator and straight up to the rooms. The guard is sitting there (usually half asleep) and always just gives me a wave. It is actually easier to do that if you are walking from Ayala Mall (about 5 mins stroll) anyway. You can also get the taxi to stop at the parking entrance. Saves going up and around to the front door. Thanks again. I presume you're talking about the underground car park at Parklane yah? Thanks for the tip.

Gaijin Gigolo
01-08-11, 19:16
The Marriott is more strict on IDs now.

Try the Elizabeth near by as same as Parklane but no way to avoid the doorman. Never asked me for anything even though it knows I have a live in (never asked her I'd when we checked in together) and have had multiple ladies visiting during the day. And the 'walk of shame' (if you are bothered with that) is about 3 metres to the elevator.

Most hotels in Cebu will not bother you. Depends on you budget thats allThanks much Wicked one.

Rampana
01-09-11, 18:31
thanks a lot rampana. ummm. i knew there were **** girls in junquera, but at robinson place mall too?

yes, they are.

ram

Gaijin Gigolo
01-09-11, 19:37
Yes, they are.

RamShit. Best be careful then.

Osuul
01-09-11, 23:09
In general I was a little concerned about the "walk of shame" at the waterfront (first time in the PI) but after I have seen the constant stream of men getting back to the hotel with girls I relaxed.

It even gave me some ease of mind since I knew the girl was IDed just in case anything happened or went missing.

But it can be a pain when you are at the check in and the girl doesn't have a foto I'd. (Mine used some kind of foto proof thing from her hygiene check which she needs to work in a bar)

Wicked Roger
01-11-11, 12:38
just a few thoughts on the elizabeth hotel where i stayed recently.

soft opening is over but rates still good. after a week or so of emails and calls plus the obligatory reminders i got a rate or 2900 pesos a night net for a double deluxe (this means 1 large double bed, always check the bed before you confirm booking). sinulog prices are more of course. parklane was pricey on www.hotels.com (you can't book elizabeth that way only direct). diplomat was cheaper as was others but marriott and radisson were more expensive. it is next to ayala which i like (metro entrance.

new hotel, nice appointed in the rooms, i like the large shower plenty room for 3 or more but no bath tub may annoy others. rooms are nice – see earlier frs.

much has been said of the wifi and before i had no hassles. this time relatively unrep001hed but there was a 3 day period where it was incredibly slow and bloody annoying that it was easier to go to bos coffee shop and use its wifi. but that said the staff came to the room an awful lots and the matter was repaired (something was wrong with the routers and / or access points on the floor). after that wifi was fine and quick.

breakfast – was served from 6am last time and was for a while then changed to 7am. not an issue until cebu favourite has her 7am classes but the staff again good some food and juice and it was ok.

walk of shame is 3 metres if you care (i don't as many of you know) and having many girls visit during the day while cebu favourite was at school was no hassles juts the odd wink from the doorman and security guard.

in house safe for those who need to know, mine did not work for while but was eventually fixed. but i did not resort to hug monster's methods, just locked the valuables in the suitcase.

overall a good hotel, nice clean. nice rates, better can be had elsewhere i know. close to ayala, free wifi and i will stay again. but be prepared to be patient when booking as they don't respond to email very quickly

Red Kilt
01-11-11, 13:48
Just a few thoughts on the Elizabeth Hotel where I stayed recently.

Soft opening is over but rates still good. After a week or so of emails and calls plus the obligatory reminders I got a rate or 2900 pesos a night net for a double deluxe (this means 1 large double bed, always check the bed before you confirm booking). <SNIP

Good FR as always WR.

2900 per night is very good for such a property in such a site.

As someone who has travelled all over from north to south and with expenses paid too, I use 3000 per night as a maximum bench mark, especially for Cebu or Davao. Anything over that is overpriced, even for better properties, especially with breakfast and wifi thrown in.

Of course, in places like Tacloban, Iloilo, Bacolod, Tuguegarao, General Santos, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro etc you should be able to get good clean places for around 2000 php and less.

Wicked Roger
01-11-11, 17:35
Good FR as always WR.

2900 per night is very good for such a property in such a site.

As someone who has travelled all over from north to south and with expenses paid too, I use 3000 per night as a maximum bench mark, especially for Cebu or Davao. Anything over that is overpriced, even for better properties, especially with breakfast and wifi thrown in.

Of course, in places like Tacloban, Iloilo, Bacolod, Tuguegarao, General Santos, Butuan, Cagayan de Oro etc you should be able to get good clean places for around 2000 php and less. And a good hard bed, perfect for the things we like the most and can easily take 3 people.

Rates will vary and until they decide to get onto the discount web sites it will always be harder to book.

I see now it has opened one in Manila so maybe worth a try also.

But the rate was great given Sinulog was close and the staff always friendly and helpful. And I can be a demanding guest (but a softie underneath). Although a more demanding and a tad kinky monger LOL

Gaijin Gigolo
01-11-11, 20:05
After surveying all the hotels that have been recommended (thanks much for that) I've realized there are also a fair number of houses and condos for rent on a weekly basis in Cebu City and especially on Mactan, and quite often are surprisingly cheaper (or at least much better value) than hotels such as Parklane, Cebu Midtown and places like that. Any thoughts on the 'commute' I guess you could call it, between Cebu City and Lapu Lapu? I imagine most of my girls will be those I've met online (DIA and places such as that) so I doubt I'll be doing a whole lot of club hopping and I'm not into the bikini bars at all really. I'm thinking I could arrange to meet my prospects in the malls (Ayala, SM) or elsewhere in Cebu City and bring them to whatever house or condo I could end up renting in Lapu Lapu. Has anybody ever stayed in Lapu Lapu and if so, how much of a time waster is it to go back and forth? Also, any action at all on Lapu Lapu? How about the mall there? Also, does anybody have a recommendation for car rentals in Cebu? Again, thanks much for the input.

Osuul
01-11-11, 21:28
After surveying all the hotels that have been recommended (thanks much for that) I've realized there are also a fair number of houses and condos for rent on a weekly basis in Cebu City and especially on Mactan, and quite often are surprisingly cheaper (or at least much better value) than hotels such as Parklane, Cebu Midtown and places like that. Any thoughts on the 'commute' I guess you could call it, between Cebu City and Lapu Lapu? I imagine most of my girls will be those I've met online (DIA and places such as that) so I doubt I'll be doing a whole lot of club hopping and I'm not into the bikini bars at all really. I'm thinking I could arrange to meet my prospects in the malls (Ayala, SM) or elsewhere in Cebu City and bring them to whatever house or condo I could end up renting in Lapu Lapu. Has anybody ever stayed in Lapu Lapu and if so, how much of a time waster is it to go back and forth? Also, any action at all on Lapu Lapu? How about the mall there? Also, does anybody have a recommendation for car rentals in Cebu? Again, thanks much for the input.Save and guarded?

Jackzonian
01-11-11, 21:37
If this is your first trip to Cebu, I caution you against renting a car. The traffic is sick-bad, and driving is like a rally derby. There are a million taxis around, they are inexpensive and they dominate. They know what they are doing. If you drive, when you get where you are going, you will be so stressed out you will want to crawl into a corner and drink. I took a couple of rides from Cebu City to Mactan and it was a nightmare. And a time killer BTW.

Also, note some posts say the DIA girls can kill time too, showing up way late or not at all. The locals who don't dance are at the outdoor bar complex on Mango Ave, about couple of hundred meters up from the gogo bars.

Just my $0. 02

Gaijin Gigolo
01-12-11, 16:11
If this is your first trip to Cebu, I caution you against renting a car. The traffic is sick-bad, and driving is like a rally derby. There are a million taxis around, they are inexpensive and they dominate. They know what they are doing. If you drive, when you get where you are going, you will be so stressed out you will want to crawl into a corner and drink. I took a couple of rides from Cebu City to Mactan and it was a nightmare. And a time killer BTW.

Also, note some posts say the DIA girls can kill time too, showing up way late or not at all. The locals who don't dance are at the outdoor bar complex on Mango Ave, about couple of hundred meters up from the gogo bars.

Just my $0. 02Actually this will be my fourth trip. Thanks for the input though, much appreciated.

Gaijin Gigolo
01-12-11, 16:12
Save and guarded?I just want to be able to pull up, get out, and go into my place with my girl without having to deal with signing her in and out and having to chit chat with security. This is why I'm looking hard at condos and even houses that rent by the week.

Member #4147
01-12-11, 21:30
Spent 12 days at the Mactan Crown Regency last month. Walkable to giasano but not the nicest walk. Taxis were not readily abundant. If you are leaving SM I suggest walking over to the Radisson and having them get you a taxi so you may relax in their lobby and it beats standing in cue@SM for extended periods. Crown Mactan was passable but underwhelming. Giasano could be a nice meeting point but personally I have not had success picking up girls at any mall in Cebu for what its worth. FYI, I will be at the Marriott last 10 days of this month & Parklane 1st 10 days of Feb.

After surveying all the hotels that have been recommended (thanks much for that) I've realized there are also a fair number of houses and condos for rent on a weekly basis in Cebu City and especially on Mactan, and quite often are surprisingly cheaper (or at least much better value) than hotels such as Parklane, Cebu Midtown and places like that. Any thoughts on the 'commute' I guess you could call it, between Cebu City and Lapu Lapu? I imagine most of my girls will be those I've met online (DIA and places such as that) so I doubt I'll be doing a whole lot of club hopping and I'm not into the bikini bars at all really. I'm thinking I could arrange to meet my prospects in the malls (Ayala, SM) or elsewhere in Cebu City and bring them to whatever house or condo I could end up renting in Lapu Lapu. Has anybody ever stayed in Lapu Lapu and if so, how much of a time waster is it to go back and forth? Also, any action at all on Lapu Lapu? How about the mall there? Also, does anybody have a recommendation for car rentals in Cebu? Again, thanks much for the input.

Gaijin Gigolo
01-13-11, 06:25
Spent 12 days at the Mactan Crown Regency last month. Walkable to giasano but not the nicest walk. Taxis were not readily abundant. If you are leaving SM I suggest walking over to the Radisson and having them get you a taxi so you may relax in their lobby and it beats standing in cue@SM for extended periods. Crown Mactan was passable but underwhelming. Giasano could be a nice meeting point but personally I have not had success picking up girls at any mall in Cebu for what its worth. FYI, I will be at the Marriott last 10 days of this month & Parklane 1st 10 days of Feb.Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Brymor
01-15-11, 09:07
I just want to be able to pull up, get out, and go into my place with my girl without having to deal with signing her in and out and having to chit chat with security. This is why I'm looking hard at condos and even houses that rent by the week.I believe another poster addressed this issue recently, but you will find it almost impossible to find anywhere that does not have a security guard and this is especially true of condos that would have foreigners renting.

Even if you were to splash out big money on a private house, they will still come with security guards that will stop your car or taxi to verfify the occupants as it enters the estate.

Quite frankly the kind of Condos that do not have security guards are the kid of Condos that you would probably not want to go within a million miles of.

Everyone knows your business here and I had the same view as you when I first started coming to Cebu several years ago. I spent ages looking at Condos and even contemplated buying here at one stage. I have yet to find a decent Condo that doesen't come with its own completey bored security guard, who's only highlight during his working day is to watch what new woman his foreigner is bringing back that particular day.

If you do find anywhere that is also very safe and secure, let me know as I also love my privacy. I have had to learn to sacrifice that during my stays here

Red Kilt
01-15-11, 13:01
i just want to be able to pull up, get out, and go into my place with my girl without having to deal with signing her in and out and having to chit chat with security. this is why i'm looking hard at condos and even houses that rent by the week.if you have been in the pi 4 times already i am surprised that you are not freaked out by the idea of living alone in a house or flat out in lapu lapu. i am puzzled why you want to bypass security all the time. in most hotels they won't even notice you.

as i said earlier in post #82, you really need security.

if you take a house or condo, everyone within a 500 meter radius will know about the foreigner moving in and you will be an object of curiosity.

if you were a longer-term resident you would build up a relationship with your neighbors and they would come to like you and protect you, but as a short-term "fly-by-night" renter you won't have time to do that.

so you will be a potential target for robbery when you are not home. foreigner's imported gear (sports shoes, tee shirts, suitcase etc) are all valuable commodities, and you will certainly need to keep your laptop with you at all times. it is rare for houses to have lock up garages for cars too so if you get a car it will need to sit out on the street all night.

if you start arriving back at all hours of the day and night with different girls you will get the neighborhood moral majority pissed off at being an evil foreigner defiling the local girls, not to mention the local guys who will be jealous of you, especially when they get into their drinking sprees and want to fight anyone. remember that there are millions of filipinos who do not like mongers coming here on sexual rampages with their women.

finally, the girls you bring back know where you live and may well assume they can return next day to continue the "relationship" unless you have already told them that you prefer to "fuck and forget". there is a chance that this may [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) them off greatly. this may anger them to such an extent that they inform their local bf or flatmate or even friendly trike driver and you may become a target of violence. being alone in a house also allows you to be a target of trumped up charges of [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123) or molestation - no witnesses and no protection.

the likelihood of this happening is greatly reduced when you have the relative anonymity of a hotel, and you have security protecting the elevator.

with bar girls they understand the rules and accept that you will fuck and forget them, but the girls you intend to target may not understand what you are doing and you could find yourself in trouble. i have a mate who moved hotels during one visit to cebu last year because a dia girl made it difficult for him to stay in the one hotel after he told her he was seeing another girl the next day (see false charges above).

you will not have that luxury of being able to move and hide if you pay for a house for a week or two, and you will certainly have to make an advance payment plus some sort of "bond / deposit".

Gaijin Gigolo
01-15-11, 19:28
if you have been in the pi 4 times already i am surprised that you are not freaked out by the idea of living alone in a house or flat out in lapu lapu. i am puzzled why you want to bypass security all the time. in most hotels they won't even notice you.

as i said earlier in post #82, you really need security.

if you take a house or condo, everyone within a 500 meter radius will know about the foreigner moving in and you will be an object of curiosity.

if you were a longer-term resident you would build up a relationship with your neighbors and they would come to like you and protect you, but as a short-term "fly-by-night" renter you won't have time to do that.

so you will be a potential target for robbery when you are not home. foreigner's imported gear (sports shoes, tee shirts, suitcase etc) are all valuable commodities, and you will certainly need to keep your laptop with you at all times. it is rare for houses to have lock up garages for cars too so if you get a car it will need to sit out on the street all night.

if you start arriving back at all hours of the day and night with different girls you will get the neighborhood moral majority pissed off at being an evil foreigner defiling the local girls, not to mention the local guys who will be jealous of you, especially when they get into their drinking sprees and want to fight anyone. remember that there are millions of filipinos who do not like mongers coming here on sexual rampages with their women.

finally, the girls you bring back know where you live and may well assume they can return next day to continue the "relationship" unless you have already told them that you prefer to "fuck and forget". there is a chance that this may [CodeWord140] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord140) them off greatly. this may anger them to such an extent that they inform their local bf or flatmate or even friendly trike driver and you may become a target of violence. being alone in a house also allows you to be a target of trumped up charges of [CodeWord123] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord123) or molestation. no witnesses and no protection.

the likelihood of this happening is greatly reduced when you have the relative anonymity of a hotel, and you have security protecting the elevator.

with bar girls they understand the rules and accept that you will fuck and forget them, but the girls you intend to target may not understand what you are doing and you could find yourself in trouble. i have a mate who moved hotels during one visit to cebu last year because a dia girl made it difficult for him to stay in the one hotel after he told her he was seeing another girl the next day (see false charges above).

you will not have that luxury of being able to move and hide if you pay for a house for a week or two, and you will certainly have to make an advance payment plus some sort of "bond / deposit". excellent points and all duly noted. cheers mate.

i am living in singapore and plan to be in the region until whatever point i decide to 'retire'. so i am now seriously considering buying a condo unit as i see myself making frequent visits to the land of milk and honey over the next several years. while i am not occupying said unit myself on long weekends and vacations, i would very likely look to rent the thing out on a weekly or monthly basis, employing a local to serve as caretaker / agent. then once i decide to quit working full time in a few years, i would likely move into it semi-permanently. i see this an investment that would potentially pay for itself in just a few years. i have a friend who did this with a condo in bali and did very well, having paid the thing off in just two years with what he charged people to stay there. anyway....will see how it goes...i plan to do a lot of recon this time around.

Gaijin Gigolo
01-15-11, 19:35
I believe another poster addressed this issue recently, but you will find it almost impossible to find anywhere that does not have a security guard and this is especially true of condos that would have foreigners renting.

Even if you were to splash out big money on a private house, they will still come with security guards that will stop your car or taxi to verfify the occupants as it enters the estate.

Quite frankly the kind of Condos that do not have security guards are the kid of Condos that you would probably not want to go within a million miles of.

Everyone knows your business here and I had the same view as you when I first started coming to Cebu several years ago. I spent ages looking at Condos and even contemplated buying here at one stage. I have yet to find a decent Condo that doesen't come with its own completey bored security guard, who's only highlight during his working day is to watch what new woman his foreigner is bringing back that particular day.

If you do find anywhere that is also very safe and secure, let me know as I also love my privacy. I have had to learn to sacrifice that during my stays hereThanks for the advice mate. I will be doing a lot of recon this trip. As mentioned in my response to Red Kilt, I am seriously considering investing in a Condo at someplace like The Persimmon. Will post a report once I'm done. Looks like I'll be staying in The Parklane as it seems to offer the least amount of interference to guys and their dates.

Gaijin Gigolo
01-15-11, 19:37
Spent 12 days at the Mactan Crown Regency last month. Walkable to giasano but not the nicest walk. Taxis were not readily abundant. If you are leaving SM I suggest walking over to the Radisson and having them get you a taxi so you may relax in their lobby and it beats standing in cue@SM for extended periods. Crown Mactan was passable but underwhelming. Giasano could be a nice meeting point but personally I have not had success picking up girls at any mall in Cebu for what its worth. FYI, I will be at the Marriott last 10 days of this month & Parklane 1st 10 days of Feb.Thanks a lot for the input mate. See messages.

Redman69
01-15-11, 23:33
I stayed there. Great place. Never asked me or any one a question. Great buffet breakfest. Safe location. They also have a LAN internet conection. Allways worked great. Did not play the wifi game. Staff is great. Walking in late at night you can go thru the garage to get to the elevators. There is a gaurd. But never said anything. So there are multple entrances. One gals uncle or something worked there. So the garage took care of that.

It was reccomended to me. And I recommend it. If you like Electronic Dance disco music. Pumps One is a three block walk. Hope this is helpfull.

Suwon
01-16-11, 14:50
I am staying at the Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino in Cebu. My flight gets in at 2:00 a. M, and I'm just wondering if it is safe / possible to walk from the international arrivals area over to the hotel at that time of morning?

Gaijin Gigolo
01-16-11, 16:05
I stayed there. Great place. Never asked me or any one a question. Great buffet breakfest. Safe location. They also have a LAN internet conection. Allways worked great. Did not play the wifi game. Staff is great. Walking in late at night you can go thru the garage to get to the elevators. There is a gaurd. But never said anything. So there are multple entrances. One gals uncle or something worked there. So the garage took care of that.

It was reccomended to me. And I recommend it. If you like Electronic Dance disco music. Pumps One is a three block walk. Hope this is helpfull. Very helpful indeed. Thanks a lot mate. GG

X Man
01-17-11, 13:01
I did exactly that one evening, but not at 2am. It a short walk. I remember passing a guard at a gate. It is possible that this gate gets locked at night, but I doubt it. You might go to the Waterfront Mactan web site and ask them directly. X.

I am staying at the Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino in Cebu. My flight gets in at 2:00 a. M, and I'm just wondering if it is safe / possible to walk from the international arrivals area over to the hotel at that time of morning?

Brymor
01-22-11, 14:03
Just checked in at the Waterfront Lahug today. Got an amazing deal through Asia Travel for $100 per night or about 4000 pesos. That is an amazing deal when you consider the cheapest price I could get the Marriott for was about 7000 pesos. In my humble opinion the Waterfront is my preferred choice out of the two, but the Marriot is slightly better located. Just arrived from Cagayan De Oro today. My hand baggage was security checked and hand searched at CDO Airport but they failed to do anything about my aftershave, shower gel, bottled water, creams and lotions. My lap top bag was hand searched but they did not open the central zipper containing plud, adapter and leads for the charger. I set off the metal detector alarm because I had my cell phone in my pocket and a digital camera in a pouch on my belt, but the guard nonchalently waved me through. I didn't feel very reassured.

When I arrived at the waterfront, security was good and they even had an explosives dog sniff my suitcase. I think he enjoyed the smell of my unwashed boxer shorts! 6 members off staff on reception and it took nearly 30 minutes before I was attended to

Brymor
01-23-11, 03:01
Having checked in yesterday, I had a wander round the casino and the large thoroughfare leading to the casino. I was approached by two WG's quoting a price of 1500 though they were not very good looking.

Had breakfast this morning and as I was going back to my room at 9. 30am two other girls approached me asking if I wanted a full body oil massage in my room for 1500. If the girl had been very cute I might have succumbed, but neither girl inspired me very much. Just thought it was funny to be approached in the hotel so early in the morning

Gaijin Gigolo
01-23-11, 07:35
Does anybody know if the Parklane has an internet cafe or is there's a 24 hour place nearby? The laptop I was planning to bring just conked out on me.

Unrelated...smart or globe sim card? I expect to do a lot of texting but not much calling...any recommendations?

Red Kilt
01-23-11, 07:41
Just checked in at the Waterfront Lahug today. Got an amazing deal through Asia Travel for $100 per night or about 4000 pesos. That is an amazing deal when you consider the cheapest price I could get the Marriott for was about 7000 pesos. In my humble opinion the Waterfront is my preferred choice out of the two, but the Marriot is slightly better located. . <SNIP

6 members off staff on reception and it took nearly 30 minutes before I was attended toYou did well Mort.

I was amazed to get a similar deal at Waterfront Lahug on Agoda in mid-November but for 3600php per night for 4 nights (double room).

I actually didn't believe it until the receipt came up showing 4 x 3600 + taxes (still very cheap for a 4 to 5 star hotel in the middle of Cebu).

We had a great time there although I must admit the efficiency of the reception/check-out staff leaves a lot to be desired.

It pays to shop around especially at different times of the year. I asked the Sales Manager about the low price and she told me that they sometimes can do very good deals on the phone if they have plenty of vacancies and especially if I quote my local residency status (they accept a local Driver's Licence as proof).

I prefer Waterfront over Marriott despite Marriott being a little closer to Ayala Mall. It is a really easy walk if it is not too hot or sunny, but taxis to Ayala are plentiful anyway for 50 php.

Like Mortman, I think Waterfront Lahug will be my hotel of choice in Cebu from now on IF I can get the good price. Otherwise, it is the Parklane.

Mongrinastrlnd
01-23-11, 08:39
Unrelated...smart or globe sim card? I expect to do a lot of texting but not much calling...any recommendations?Coverage is pretty much the same anywhere in Cebu. Globe would be SLIGHTLY better for data.

The answer depends on which network you will be corresponding with the most. If they're all on one or the other, go with the flow and you can get promos with goodly sized (or unlimited) amounts of in-network texts for P20 / day or less.

If its a mixed bag and there's Sun thrown into the mix, go with Globe, they have a 200 all-network text promo for P20 / day. (Text ATXT20 to 8888).

Smart had a promo with lots of out-of-network texts, (Megalahatxt) but it expired end of December.

No matter what you do, you're going to want to take advantage of your carrier's promos in some form one way or the other if you do more than 20 texts/day.

MauiDude
01-23-11, 09:01

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?3160-Cebu-Hotels&p=1105689&viewfull=1#post1105689I have had some of the hotels on mactan beach area give me grief for guests.

One, maribago was really hostile and rude to me about bringing a girl and I thought I entered a prison.

I have not had a problem with the waterfront in town or at the airport. But I keep low key also.

Other areas of the Philippines have hounded me and really watch and try to get more money.

The security can be you friend. The first time I went to cebu I stayed at a place by sunflower disco? Don't remember the name.

No problem with guests. And the security guy was going to set me up with girls. (his cousins) I never tipped him so never met them.

Maybe I should of tipped just to see if they were hot?

Gaijin Gigolo
01-23-11, 16:30
Coverage is pretty much the same anywhere in Cebu. Globe would be SLIGHTLY better for data.

The answer depends on which network you will be corresponding with the most. If they're all on one or the other, go with the flow and you can get promos with goodly sized (or unlimited) amounts of in-network texts for P20 / day or less.

If its a mixed bag and there's Sun thrown into the mix, go with Globe, they have a 200 all-network text promo for P20 / day. (Text ATXT20 to 8888).

Smart had a promo with lots of out-of-network texts, (Megalahatxt) but it expired end of December.

No matter what you do, you're going to want to take advantage of your carrier's promos in some form one way or the other if you do more than 20 texts / day. Excellent advice, thanks. Will likely end up with a Globe sim, sounds like but will check for deals first.

Redman69
01-23-11, 18:28
It has a bussiness center that has a printer and internet. But it is only open during the day I think. Just ask the staff about internet cafes I am sure the are plenty in the area.

Cyber Whip
01-23-11, 20:03
Excellent advice, thanks. Will likely end up with a Globe sim, sounds like but will check for deals first.I found Globe was probably the least reliable. Texts always very late also very spotty service in Bohol.

I have used Smart for 3 years and seems much better. It seems alot of the locals use smart also, so there is "free" txts between smart users. The main reason I use smart is it has international roaming feature that can be activated and deactivated online. Also has some other online services.

Sun has been picking up lately. I think they have the best prepaid broadband service. I don't know about their coverage.

Mr Hawaii
01-24-11, 08:03
About 7 yrs. Ago my taxi driver in Cebu city wanted to set me up with his "cousin". I would learn later it was his wife's sister. Talk about HOT! She was a virgin, and it took me 2 trips to Cebu before I could get into her pants, but boy was it worth it! Incredible body. I would put her up against anything I saw in my 15 yrs. Of mongering in the P. I. Anyway, the point is, there's nothing to lose in looking. Pay the pesos for her transportation, meet her outside of your hotel (safety reasons. Yours) , and see what happens. I would see this girl each time I went to Cebu city, for about 5 or 6 yrs. Straight. Guess she got tired of waiting, don't know where she it now.

Mongrinastrlnd
01-24-11, 14:04
This is something I worked up for another forum. Can't post it directly here either because seems very few boards have bbcode support for table tags. I threw it up on free hosting and here it is:

Monger's Guide to PI Prepaid Mobile (http://pimobile.x10.mx/)

X Man
01-24-11, 14:42
Different strokes for different folks. I couldn't get out of WF Lahug fast enough. Great pool, fantastic lobby, but mostly you have to get a taxi in and out. Seemed like a long wait in the breakfast buffet line in order to get an omelete. Reminded me of my Navy days. Oh, and what kind of 4 star Cebu hotel doesn't offer mango at their breakfast buffet?

If you have a steady gal, Waterfront might seem comfortable, but I personally feel constricted by the place. X.

Like Mortman, I think Waterfront Lahug will be my hotel of choice in Cebu from now on IF I can get the good price. Otherwise, it is the Parklane.

Python75
01-24-11, 15:18
Stayed in Alpa City Suites located on the corner of Hernan Cortes and F. Cabahug Sts. (Ayala Access Road). This is on the corner of Mandau and is equidistant from Ayala and SM malls. Taxi about 50 pesos. I found the location convenient. Very impressed with the hotel. It is new, the bedrooms are large and clean with tiled floors and the staff very accommodating.

Has internet access and two computers in the foyer. 50 pesos an hour (even if you use them for less than an hour they still charge you the 50 pesos.) No swimming pool.

There are a few small shops including a laundrette and chemist 30 meters on the left as you come out of the hotel.

Surprisingly quite a few taxi drivers did not know where it is so it may be an idea to print out a few address slips to hand to them.

Very girl friendly. The foyer is small and lots of staff. Receptionists, security, restaurant staff etc will see you escort various women back to your room. This did not bother me but you may wish to bear this in mind if you are uneasy about everyone knowing your business. I stayed there 5 days and brought different women back in the afternoon and then again in the evening. Including 3 girls at once. The staff just smiled at me. Wishing me a good day.

Wicked Roger
01-24-11, 19:56
Different strokes for different folks. I couldn't get out of WF Lahug fast enough. Great pool, fantastic lobby, but mostly you have to get a taxi in and out. Seemed like a long wait in the breakfast buffet line in order to get an omelete. Reminded me of my Navy days. Oh, and what kind of 4 star Cebu hotel doesn't offer mango at their breakfast buffet?

If you have a steady gal, Waterfront might seem comfortable, but I personally feel constricted by the place. X. Stayed there for a 2 days over Christmas but had a steady with me, was OK nothing special for the extra pesos so I went back to the Elizabeth which I really liked. I stayed there as pool for Christmas day, steady had her family drop by etc so was useful. Check in was slow (I arrived around 11pm) I remember and service in lobby also but was an OK hotel. I just prefer to be closer to Ayala.

Alpa Suites is interesting P75 but is internet 50 pesos for the PCs and free in rooms as I like the new hotels such as Elizabeth which is 3 minutes walk to Ayala. But I do like free wifi

Python75
01-25-11, 01:21
Alpa Suites is interesting P75 but is internet 50 pesos for the PCs and free in rooms as I like the new hotels such as Elizabeth which is 3 minutes walk to Ayala. But I do like free wifiThey had internet connections in the rooms which their web site says is free.

Mongrinastrlnd
01-25-11, 01:42
I stayed at Alpa for a couple nights. Good value for the money but a tad too far away from everything for my tastes.

Rooms are decently big, no complaints about the service, only real negative other than the location was the restaurant seemed really shoehorned into the corner of the lobby.

Brymor
01-25-11, 03:09
For those of you that like your annonynimity the Waterfront comes top of my list. Yes it may be one of the top hotels in Cebu but because it has a large non resident crowd that visit each day to go to the restaraunts, casino or just meeting for drinks in the enormous lobby, security cannot distinguish between those people that are guests and those that are not. The elevators are set away and out of sight of reception and they are very fast, meaning no embarrassing wait to get your girl away to the room.

X Man I don't have a problem with the breakfast here at all, I haven't had to queue for anything yet although I kind of agree with your comments about the fruit. The choice of breakfast foods is massive, but you only get two options for fresh fruit, pineapple or water melon.

I am on the 7th floor at the far end of the building and wi fi reception is excellent. The lunch and dinner buffets are great value and they are now doing a late night buffet (from 10pm. 2am I think) for an amazing price of 135 pesos per person. You don't have to be a guest here to enjoy the buffets and they are held in the restaraunt which is seperate from the main building.

Security here makes me laugh. If you go through the main entrance you must have your bags searched, there is a sniffer dog on hand (presumably for explosives) and you have to walk through a metal detector. However there is a seperate entrance near to the casino which allows you to walk up two flights of stairs and into the lobby. Often there is a security guard here, but he does not carry out any checks. Kind of makes a mockery of having all those expensive security assets at the main entrance when you can walk in virtually unchecked through an alternative entrance!

M

Cansx
02-07-11, 12:12
Second time here had a great condo room on the 11th floor. Has million dollar view and nice staff. I paid 30k a month I think this is the best value in cebu. Not all condo rooms are the same so check out more than one room.

Cyber Whip
02-07-11, 23:29
Recently tried tried RB for a few nights. Price was about $100 a night, breakfast included. New place next to SM, so location is very good. Heard it was built 10 years ago on bad ground (reclaimed area) and had foundation issues. SM bought it and "fixed" the problems, opened maybe 6 months now. Rooms are nice, comparable to Marriott. No bath tub, shower only, but not a big issue for me. Food was not that good, room service in particular, also tried the buffet, there was a few decent things there but in general most of it was not as good. Not sure exactly, but, it seemed girl friendly, maybe it was the hours I was passing through the lobby, but, I was never stopped. Semi-connected to SM Mall, there is an uncovered area of about 50 feet. Wasn't too bad, might try another stay there, but I generally prefer Marriott. I didn't like the TV setup in the rooms. Nice LCD TV but I like to buy or bring DVDs and watch a few movies during my stays, but TV is mounted to wall in such a way there is no access to connect additional cables.

Wicked Roger
02-08-11, 19:41
Recently tried tried RB for a few nights. Price was about $100 a night, breakfast included. New place next to SM, so location is very good. .Thnaks CW. Am pleasantly surprised at the price as it has been in excess of 7/8000 pesos a night, maybe common sense has prevailed? The Marriott is also nice but the security is tigther in respect of the girls. I like the Parklane and Elizabeth as no such issues and much better value for money IMHO.

But given that prices at RB maybe falling it would be worth it to check when I return to Cebu

Cyber Whip
02-09-11, 13:23
Thnaks CW. Am pleasantly surprised at the price as it has been in excess of 7/8000 pesos a night, maybe common sense has prevailed? The Marriott is also nice but the security is tigther in respect of the girls. I like the Parklane and Elizabeth as no such issues and much better value for money IMHO.

But given that prices at RB maybe falling it would be worth it to check when I return to Cebu.That was a special corporate rate I had but I seen a list of prices the desk clerk had for standard room rates. They didn't seem to be far from that.

Wicked Roger
02-09-11, 18:41
That was a special corporate rate I had but I seen a list of prices the desk clerk had for standard room rates. They didn't seem to be far from that.Thanks CW.

BTW what company was it you work for again? LOL

Member #4351
02-14-11, 01:45
Just got a double room at the Elizabeth for 2400 a night without breakfast for a couple of friends. This is a special weekend rate, but I got them to extend it. Hotel is bustling. Beau-coup gringos in the lobby. Some cuties at the front desk doing OJT.

Wicked Roger
02-14-11, 14:28
Just got a double room at the Elizabeth for 2400 a night without breakfast for a couple of friends. This is a special weekend rate, but I got them to extend it. Hotel is bustling. Beau-coup gringos in the lobby. Some cuties at the front desk doing OJT.That is a good rate and breakfast you can walk to Ayala.

There are some cuties I agree but I am not tempted despite one wearing very high heels one day and smiling suggestively as she can't come to my room etc (thoiugh I could go to Sogo). Another time.

Hairy Wonder
02-15-11, 05:21
That is a good rate and breakfast you can walk to Ayala.

There are some cuties I agree but I am not tempted despite one wearing very high heels one day and smiling suggestively as she can't come to my room etc (thoiugh I could go to Sogo). Another time. I would think the biggest issue with hooking up with one of the cuties there at the hotel, would be the possibility of a confrontation later on when you bring another girl into the hotel while she is on duty. But sometimes it is difficult to resist those high heels! :D

Denkicash
02-18-11, 06:48
I've just spent a few weeks in Cebu and stayed at a number of inexpensive places, and because it was Chinese New Year a lot of places were full so I got a bit off the beaten track here's a bit of feedback for why'all.

Cebu Miditown

The least inexpensive place I stayed at 2600 a day, selling point was that it has an actual bathtub. They didn't card the girl I bought in, but you do have to walk your girls through reception so if you are not keen on that. For some reason the area in front of Robinsons / Mid-Town seems to be the 1 place in Cebu that Viagra touts hang out. If you want some, they seem to have it, if you don't then all I can say is that they weren't very responsive to my attempts to debate the futility of trying to sell a very specific medicine to someone who does not have the associated illness LOL.

Casa Amigo (Echavez Street)

Very cheap (around 700). Friendly staff. Seems very GF. This is the kind of place that I think you could parade in and out with various combinations of girls and it would be zero problem. Some of the other customers struck me as being girls from the provinces who were on a whoring trip to Cebu (like 5 girls to 1 double room, all dressed sexy and smoking). Some would say this place is kind dirty, I would say it's badly aged.

Allsons Inn (also Echavez Street)

Very good value at around 800, nice, clean rooms, with cable, hot shower, and air-con that is not too loud. This was the overall best place I stayed, and a good option if you are sticking with the same girl for a few days in a row. I got the impression that if you were bringing different girls at different times they would hit you up with extra person charges. There is also a nice bakery on the corner nearby.

FYI. Echavez Street is just past Mango Park Hotel and Lighthouse Restaurant

Chicochulo
03-06-11, 20:19
All of the reports I have read have given me great info to work with. So, upon landing in Cebu, I've booked the Marriott for the first night, just to get settled and relax after a long journey. The next 2 nights I'm booked into the Parklane. My last night, for convenience, is at a hotel near the airport. My question is, should I try to prearrange more hotel bookings now or, when I'm in Cebu, make the effort to roam around town to see what's available / bargain hunt? A side trip to Bohol or CDO is on my wish list, if possible. Probably the main reason I haven't booked the main body of my hotel arrangements yet. Your comments and advice would be much appreciated.

CC

Redman69
03-06-11, 20:46
Well you have not mentioned cost. I like the way you have set up. There is a supper ferry to bohol you can take for a day trip with food. About 3K each all day. Then there is the Diplomate which is cheap. Never been there but to many have said girl freindly not to be true. There are also good deals online for the Waterfront in Lahug. Near the malls. It has a big casino.

Also I found in just a week girls were showing up at the door from previous times and causeing problems with current conquest. So moving will have its benifits.

Mongrinastrlnd
03-06-11, 23:29
Well you have not mentioned cost. I like the way you have set up. There is a supper ferry to bohol you can take for a day trip with food. About 3K each all day. Then there is the Diplomate which is cheap. Never been there but to many have said girl freindly not to be true. There are also good deals online for the Waterfront in Lahug. Near the malls. It has a big casino.

Also I found in just a week girls were showing up at the door from previous times and causeing problems with current conquest. So moving will have its benifits. Waterfront Lahug is my hotel of preference there. Stayed with them reasonably cheap (USD80 / night all-in I believe booked on short notice) for a few nights last September. Do not care for Parklane at all (bad experience with front staff).

Had one night in Cebu last month and stayed at Diplomat. As mentioned cheap and obviously was a decent hotel once but kind of run-down now. Had absolutely no problems with girl-friendliness (was on a tight schedule and just brought back my favorite Cebu bargirl). Would not stay there again though despite the cheap price. Life's too short when there are options of Waterfront's quality.

Chicochulo
03-07-11, 20:32
Thanks for the good info. You are right, life is too short to be overly concerned about an extra 20 dollars a night. The extra comfort and sense of first world service does make the trip worthwhile. I will take your advice and book a few nights there.

CC

Buko Max
03-07-11, 20:51
My question is, should I try to prearrange more hotel bookings now or, when I'm in Cebu, make the effort to roam around town to see what's available / bargain hunt? A side trip to Bohol or CDO is on my wish list, if possible. Probably the main reason I haven't booked the main body of my hotel arrangements yet. Your comments and advice would be much appreciated.Cebu has an overabundance of hotel rooms in all price categories and locations. There is no reason why you should prebook your entire stay unless you have three suitcases and a case of wine like some members here. Many hotels are running promos that can only be used on a walk in basis. Deals can also be struck with hotel management if you present yourself correctly.

Questor55
03-09-11, 06:47
Harolld's Business Hotel opened about a month ago.

It is located a few blocks south of Parklane, west one block at the main intersection.

Possibly offering good promo rates.

Any information from members?

I'm presently in Davao, otherwise would check it out.

MauiDude
03-15-11, 18:01
Very bad expierence there

Do I blame the hotel or the girl.

Girl from bar no I'd. They refused to let her in.

I had reserved room for two.

Came in at night with girl and they were very hostile and unfriendly.

Not allowed to come in and some goon followed us around to make sure I did not try to sneak her in.

She said she had no identification with her.

So I guess they are both fucked and I did not get fucked by her in the right way.

Okay so I got to check the girl for I'd before I take her from the bar and make sure the.

Brymor
03-15-11, 18:59
Sorry to hear about your experience, I have never had a problem at the Waterfront and I recently spent a week there in January. I was going to post this in the Cebu thread when I read your other similar post there, but I just saw your post here. I don't understand why you were singled out, the Waterfront is usually very busy most times of the day and night, with many non residents. You and your girl could have easily been going to the casino, to eat at one of the several restaurants, or just sit and have a drink in the massive lobby so I am not sure how or why they targeted you and why they even thought you were going to a room.

Maybe your girl looked young, I don't know. I have taken 18 year old Jonquera street hookers to my room at the Waterfront in the past, dressed in micro skirts and very little else and yet I have never had a problem.

In fact I did a field report on the Waterfront a couple of months ago, I rate it as one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, if you don't like your movements being scrutinised. The lobby is massive, the elevators to the rooms are situated away from the prying eyes of reception staff and they are far enough away from the front door security staff to be of no concern.

I reckon you were just unlucky, any other guys here had a bad experience with girls at the Waterfront?

Osuul
03-15-11, 19:54
Sorry to hear about your experience, I have never had a problem at the Waterfront and I recently spent a week there in January. I was going to post this in the Cebu thread when I read your other similar post there, but I just saw your post here. I don't understand why you were singled out, the Waterfront is usually very busy most times of the day and night, with many non residents. You and your girl could have easily been going to the casino, to eat at one of the several restaurants, or just sit and have a drink in the massive lobby so I am not sure how or why they targeted you and why they even thought you were going to a room.

Maybe your girl looked young, I don't know. I have taken 18 year old Jonquera street hookers to my room at the Waterfront in the past, dressed in micro skirts and very little else and yet I have never had a problem.

In fact I did a field report on the Waterfront a couple of months ago, I rate it as one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, if you don't like your movements being scrutinised. The lobby is massive, the elevators to the rooms are situated away from the prying eyes of reception staff and they are far enough away from the front door security staff to be of no concern.

I reckon you were just unlucky, any other guys here had a bad experience with girls at the Waterfront? I posted in the cebu thread, but anyway. I found the hotel to be very good. Even lost a few kilos as I used the gym every day and also did a some sports in bed.

Only the girls were a little disappointing.

Fast Eddie 48
03-15-11, 22:59
Very bad expierence there

Do I blame the hotel or the girl.

Girl from bar no I'd. They refused to let her in.

I had reserved room for two.

Came in at night with girl and they were very hostile and unfriendly.

Not allowed to come in and some goon followed us around to make sure I did not try to sneak her in.

She said she had no identification with her.

So I guess they are both fucked and I did not get fucked by her in the right way.

Okay so I got to check the girl for I'd before I take her from the bar and make sure the. To Maui dude.

I stay at the North Wind hotel last yr down to st from the Waterfront nice clean room for 34 USD a night good location next to Sunflower and cross the st from the village, short taxi ride to mango bar st very friendly staff and is up to you to check girl I'd in the front desk and they will contact you when the girl leave to make sure everything is ok.

Fast Eddie 48

Thaijuan14
03-17-11, 03:05
I am planning a trip to Cebu in May. I have read where The Waterfront Hotel is highly recommended. I usually book through Expedia and they Show two Waterfront hotels-The Airport and Cebu City. Which one are you guys talking about? Also, from the travelers review, it looks like Cebu City is better, but I want to make sure.

I have been to Manila years ago and had a good time mainly because I was married to a filipina and her relatives showed me around. I wanted to try another part of the PI that wasn't so congested. From the reports, Cebu looks like a city I would enjoy. I do speak Tagalog (I know they speak Cebuano) so how much english is spoken?

Also, I know this is a long shot, but I wouldn't mind meeting a nurse there to take back. Of course, I would take several trips to know her. Anyone knows of a hospital nearby? When I visited BKK, the nurses told me they were happy living there, because they got a good pay raise and it is a nice place to live. I am "guessing" the nurses in Cebu may want to come to the states, so I will at least give it a try.

Thanks for any advice and comments.

Chicochulo
03-17-11, 04:51
mauidude.

although i am not an experienced cebu monger yet, a few question come to mind. first of all, the i'd issue. you might have been lucky that the security guard was on the ball. **** scams are obviously alive and well in cebu. also, what are the chances the girl was known be the hotel staff as being a trouble maker? anyway, i'm checking into the waterfront for one night. i'll be direct with the front desk about my intensions and quiz them about there policy regarding my gf visitations. i'll report my research data to you fellas.

cc

Osuul
03-17-11, 05:30
I am planning a trip to Cebu in May. I have read where The Waterfront Hotel is highly recommended. I usually book through Expedia and they Show two Waterfront hotels-The Airport and Cebu City. Which one are you guys talking about? Also, from the travelers review, it looks like Cebu City is better, but I want to make sure.

I have been to Manila years ago and had a good time mainly because I was married to a filipina and her relatives showed me around. I wanted to try another part of the PI that wasn't so congested. From the reports, Cebu looks like a city I would enjoy. I do speak Tagalog (I know they speak Cebuano) so how much english is spoken?

Also, I know this is a long shot, but I wouldn't mind meeting a nurse there to take back. Of course, I would take several trips to know her. Anyone knows of a hospital nearby? When I visited BKK, the nurses told me they were happy living there, because they got a good pay raise and it is a nice place to live. I am "guessing" the nurses in Cebu may want to come to the states, so I will at least give it a try.

Thanks for any advice and comments. Its the waterfront hotel & casio.

Before 10 there is no I'd check since hunderets of people go in and out. After 10 they might check.

But as long as they have I'd I never had a problem. And when I was outside having a smoke late at night there were taxis with guys and girls coming one after another. All the girls checked in, no problems. Also some girls were at the breakfast buffet. So if you stick to the I'd rules, no problem.

Mongrinastrlnd
03-17-11, 11:00
I am planning a trip to Cebu in May. I have read where The Waterfront Hotel is highly recommended. I usually book through Expedia and they Show two Waterfront hotels-The Airport and Cebu City. Which one are you guys talking about? Also, from the travelers review, it looks like Cebu City is better, but I want to make sure.The one that most people here talk about here is the Waterfront in Cebu City, which most of us refer to as Waterfront Lahug (vs Waterfront Mactan / Airport).

And the reaction of security to girls late at night that people have talked about recently depends heavily on the girl's appearance. If she's in stiletto heels and micro-mini and looks obviously like a bargirl you'll get more hassle than if she looks like your girlfriend / wife on a night out.

Thaijuan14
03-19-11, 13:50
Thanks guys for the heads up, I would have been hating the trip had I checked into the wrong hotel. I probably would have chosen the airport, because of the closeness to the airport.

I joined a website called blossoms. Com, it is also known as cherry blossoms from the old days. I am getting a lot of e-mails from women in Cebu. I was on blossoms last year, but changed my mind about going to the PI. I met a really nice woman on there that I wish I still had contact. I guess it doesn't matter, I have so many responses, I have to figure out who I want to meet. Of course, I am also getting a lot of mail from other parts of the country.

You know, this is paradise, when you can you get so much attention from women-beautiful women. I went to Thailand last month and loved the place. I would not live there because the weather is too hot and rainy. I don't think I would move to Cebu, at least they can speak english-and I know some Tagalog.

I have read the reports about living in Cebu, and the other parts as well. I don't think there is a perfect place to live-that isn't boring. I don't think I would want to live there, I don't want to be the odd man out. When I went to Manila, I would get a lot of looks, but then again, I was doing a lot of looking too!

If I were retired, I would be based in the US and just travel to foreign countries and leave when my visa expired and spend time in another country. I love the Caribbean as well and have wanted to move there, but I think its better to "visit" foreign countries.

Punter 127
03-19-11, 15:06
If I were retired, I would be based in the US and just travel to foreign countries and leave when my visa expired and spend time in another country. I love the Caribbean as well and have wanted to move there, but I think its better to "visit" foreign countries.The last place I would want to be based is sex prison. I retired an moved here two years ago, I live on less than half my pension here. Last year I 'visited' Thailand (twice) , Germany, Colombia, Argentina, Paraguay, and the USA (twice). I could not have traveled like that living on a pension and based in the land of the over regulated, taxed and controlled!

Asianatic
03-27-11, 13:29
Radisson Blu

Just booked the Raddison Blu for 70Euro a night which I believe is a great deal. However, I had to book it Single otherwise it would have been 85Euro. Anyone can comfirm if it would cause a problem to bring a girl inside or not since I made a booking in Sgl?

It has been 15 years since I went to Cebu prior and hope I made a good choice in terms of location.

Member #4351
03-27-11, 14:21
Asianatic, if that rate includes breakfast, I imagine that the price difference is just that, the added breakfast cost for your guest. I can't imagine that they will give you a hard time if you bring a girl to your room. Let us know.

Brymor
04-03-11, 10:51
Just booked an incredible deal with the Waterfront for 7 nights in July for less than $90 US Dollars per night including breakfast for two. I checked out AsiaRooms. Com and found that the rates they were quoting for an identical week was more than double the price.

I have stayed at the Waterfront several times in the past, it is my preferred choice of hotels in Cebu City if I decide to indulge in a little luxury and this is by far the best deal I have ever had there.

Red Kilt
04-03-11, 11:09
Just booked an incredible deal with the Waterfront for 7 nights in July for less than $90 US Dollars per night including breakfast for two. I checked out AsiaRooms. Com and found that the rates they were quoting for an identical week was more than double the price.

I have stayed at the Waterfront several times in the past, it is my preferred choice of hotels in Cebu City if I decide to indulge in a little luxury and this is by far the best deal I have ever had there. I got a similar deal to you late last year Mort but mine was for 3300 php per night nett) (around $80) and just for a 2-day short trip. I got mine by calling the hotel direct and asking for the sales manager and then asked her for their best deal for a local resident (I am an expat living in Manila).

Deals like this are great to find at Waterfront but they are not always there. Sometimes they are fully-booked with a convention and rates are top level but if you can arrange to stay there when the rates are lower then grab it.

It is my preferred hotel in Cebu now too. Close enough to Ayala Mall; next door to Sunflower Disco and just a short taxi ride to Mango bars or Silver Dollar.

Brymor
04-03-11, 15:21
Yes I agree it is also my number 1 preferred choice when in Cebu City, though I am fond of the Monteobello and its sister hotel the Cebu Grande. The Waterfront reminds me of the few times (many years ago) that I spent in Las Vegas, some of the Vegas hotels as I remember were very similar. I will spend a week there, then a week in Mindanao and then hoping to try a completely new area to explore for my last week of mischief before returning back to Cebu.

X Man
04-03-11, 16:01
It is not my intention to agitate anyone here at ISG, but I would not stay at the Waterfront. First of all, what does it tell you when a hotel not near the water calls itself the Waterfront? What does it tell you when a dog has to sniff your crotch when you enter the lobby. It tells me that Filipino hotshots go there / stay there, and that creates certain risks.

It has a nice pool and a good breakfast buffet according to some. (I found the service excuciating slow at the omellet fryer)

X

Brymor
04-04-11, 06:04
It is not my intention to agitate anyone here at ISG, but I would not stay at the Waterfront. First of all, what does it tell you when a hotel not near the water calls itself the Waterfront? What does it tell you when a dog has to sniff your crotch when you enter the lobby. It tells me that Filipino hotshots go there / stay there, and that creates certain risks.

It has a nice pool and a good breakfast buffet according to some. (I found the service excuciating slow at the omellet fryer)

XX Man I am not in the least agitated. I think hotels are comparable to the way we like to choose our women, we all have our own preferences and considerations. For me the Waterfront ticks most of my boxes and for what I am paying in July, (less than $90 per night) you would be hard pressed to find similar levels of comfort and quality anywhere else in Cebu at that price

Allover
04-20-11, 04:51
I will be going to Cebu with a wingman in June and have a few questions.

1) Are the take out bars like Red Lips, Pussycats, Sisters near Mango Square and is Julianna's a place to find FLs?

2) I'm looking at either Waterfront Lahug or Parklane easily accessible to these bars?

3) Which has nicer, more modern rooms- Waterfront or Parklane? Parklane costs about US$65 and Waterfront is US$80. I'm assuming both are GF.

4) Does anybody know of hotels of similar quality to the two I mentioned that has connecting rooms?

Thanks for any info the experts here can provide.

Mongrinastrlnd
04-20-11, 05:11
I will be going to Cebu with a wingman in June and have a few questions.

1) Are the take out bars like Red Lips, Pussycats, Sisters near Mango Square and is Julianna's a place to find FLs?

2) I'm looking at either Waterfront Lahug or Parklane easily accessible to these bars?

3) Which has nicer, more modern rooms- Waterfront or Parklane? Parklane costs about US$65 and Waterfront is US$80. I'm assuming both are GF.

4) Does anybody know of hotels of similar quality to the two I mentioned that has connecting rooms?

Thanks for any info the experts here can provide. 1. Yes (relatively, under a 5 minute walk) and yes.

2. Not walkable, well under P100 taxi ride (70-80ish at a guess) though, even at the new rates.

3. Parklane is more modern, but Waterfront is overall more posh and luxury. You may be able to find cheaper online promos at Waterfront if you check around. Waterfront sometimes requires guest registration after 10pm (never happened to me) , no hassles though if you've booked as double occupancy.

4. No clue.

Buko Max
04-20-11, 13:57
I have stayed at the Waterfront several times in the past, it is my preferred choice of hotels in Cebu City if I decide to indulge in a little luxury and this is by far the best deal I have ever had there.Waterfront Lahug is a great property with attached casino it almost has a 'Vegas' feel to it. The amenities are some of the best Cebu City has to offer but I think the standard rooms are rather disappointing! When in monger mode, not very convenient to shuffle in women as the 'walk of shame' can be embarrassing!

4) Does anybody know of hotels of similar quality to the two I mentioned that has connecting rooms?I would forego both the Waterfront and Parklane and suggest the Crown Regency, the tallest hotel in the Philippines. You are staggering distance to the Silver Dollar and a five minute walk to Mango Avenue bars, with Robinsons in between. The walk of shame is diminished but they will still see you on the numerous closed circuit video cameras. :o

Buko Max
04-20-11, 14:33
So I hope some persuasive Cebu expert will direct me to THE hotel. Food or other service is secondary to location and a reasonable price.The Diplomat is the only property on your short list that fits your criteria. Some guys like it as it is on a busy street with many shops and restaurants. Easy walking distance to Mango bars (about ten minutes). Just make sure you get a room in the new wing.

The closest hotel would be the Beverly Boutique (formally Eddie's). They are set up for mongers and don't care what you do, friendly as well. You can also haggle on the room price when you show up at reception.

There are numerous unassuming hotels and pension houses in that area. Might want to take a few hours out to investigate. I myself like to switch up hotels to keep the ladies guessing! :D

Saigon John
04-20-11, 16:33
4) Does anybody know of hotels of similar quality to the two I mentioned that has connecting rooms?Hotel Elizabeth offers some connecting rooms. Those rooms are *not* separated by noise-proof doors. I did not appreciate that part of my stay. The hotel is conveniently located 2 minutes away from Ayala Mall and is appreciated by many members of this site. Do not book the room through the hotel's website (

www.hotelelizabeth.com.ph/cebu/

) but call to obtain a promotion rate.

http://fb.me/Zk6x6TVI

Given a choice, I prefer the Waterfront Lahung. Gym and breakfast buffet there are better. The hotel rooms are old though. A couple of weeks ago I booked a Deluxe Room for less than USD 90 / night through wotif. You will not attract attention if you bring a different girl to the breakfast buffet each day because the hotel is crowded. A very monger friendly institution!

The Crown Regency has better rooms and is slightly cheaper than the Waterfront Hotel but the facilities are not of the same standard. As stated by Mattrick, the location is great for anybody who frequents the take out bars and Mango Square.

The recently opened Radisson Hotel next to SM Mall is in a class by itself in Cebu city: A good place to spend a few days with a classy girl, but the wrong choice to spend a monger vacation. Wotif offers a discount rate of USD 107 / night.

Irony Monger
04-20-11, 18:25
3. Parklane is more modern, but Waterfront is overall more posh and luxury. You may be able to find cheaper online promos at Waterfront if you check around. Waterfront sometimes requires guest registration after 10pm (never happened to me) , no hassles though if you've booked as double occupancy.I personally had a decent experience at the ParkLane after I got checked in (that process took over an hour since I wanted to upgrade from the room I booked on Agoda) , but others have had really bad experiences with the staff there. I suggest you check out Dragon Slayer's forum for comparison.

Mayntain
04-25-11, 01:17
Hotel Elizabeth offers some connecting rooms. Those rooms are *not* separated by noise-proof doors. I did not appreciate that part of my stay. The hotel is conveniently located 2 minutes away from Ayala Mall and is appreciated by many members of this site. Do not book the room through the hotel's website (

www.hotelelizabeth.com.ph/cebu/

) but call to obtain a promotion rate.

http://fb.me/Zk6x6TVI

Given a choice, I prefer the Waterfront Lahung. Gym and breakfast buffet there are better. The hotel rooms are old though. A couple of weeks ago I booked a Deluxe Room for less than USD 90 / night through wotif. You will not attract attention if you bring a different girl to the breakfast buffet each day because the hotel is crowded. A very monger friendly institution!

The Crown Regency has better rooms and is slightly cheaper than the Waterfront Hotel but the facilities are not of the same standard. As stated by Mattrick, the location is great for anybody who frequents the take out bars and Mango Square.

The recently opened Radisson Hotel next to SM Mall is in a class by itself in Cebu city: A good place to spend a few days with a classy girl, but the wrong choice to spend a monger vacation. Wotif offers a discount rate of USD 107 / night. don't forget the Holiday Plaza hotel on Ramos st. The Volvo bar is right across the street and mango about 2 mins in taxi.

Fredje1961
04-27-11, 06:49
Anybody got experience with that one? One of my tagged contacts recommended it.

Buko Max
04-29-11, 05:27
Anybody got experience with that one? One of my tagged contacts recommended it.Rooms need to be revamped!

The casino has no gaming tables.

Not really a good value although the location is great!

Blade1
04-29-11, 10:14
Anybody got experience with that one? One of my tagged contacts recommended it.I usually stay there when I'm in cebu city I was there March this year I like the place. Sure you can probabley get better value at other hotels. Personally I have no complaints about the rooms that I've been to they have been fine, nice and clean and I haven't seen any cockroaches and ants either.

I would recommend trying to get the rooms that are tiled instead of carpeted because the carpets always seems to be dirty. Also I like the fact that you can leave your room key at the front desk when you go out. But the best thing is the location thats the main reason I stay there its right next to robinson mall, McDonalds, pharmacy etc etc. Its just some minutes straight walk to mango square where they have discos (julianas and beat) and restaurants and if you keep walking a couple of minutes you have all the mange ave girly clubs.

Korkavado
05-08-11, 08:01
The Bellavista.

I stayed at the Bellavista on Lapu Lapu for 3 days. On Pusok Road. Close to the airport.

I must say this hotel must have been very nice when new and sparkling. A beautiful entrance with nice ceiling design. A lot of very nice woodwork, crown molding and decorative trim throughout.

The room was decorated very nice, with fridge and mini bar.

But as the hotel is older, it seems dated. New carpets are needed. The view from either side of the hotel is tin roof shacks.

If ever there was a love hotel this is it. 75 percent of the guests were middle aged asian and western men, with a girl or girls half their age. Really my kind of place.

They were running a promo rate of 2600 pesos per night. They have a pool on the roof, but I never made it that far.

Besides several girlie street bars in the direction from the hotel towards the new bridge, all the cab drivers that waited out front asked if I wanted they could take me to apartment girls. There I could select from among around 50 girls to bring back to my room. I asked the price and he said 3500 pesos all day-all night.

I already had my DIA girl.

Once I brought my DIA Cebu girl there and her 3 sisters and none of the staff batted an eye.

Kork

Buko Max
05-23-11, 14:32
The Bellavista.

I stayed at the Bellavista on Lapu Lapu for 3 days. On Pusok Road. Close to the airport.

I must say this hotel must have been very nice when new and sparkling. A beautiful entrance with nice ceiling design. A lot of very nice woodwork, crown molding and decorative trim throughout.

The room was decorated very nice, with fridge and mini bar.

But as the hotel is older, it seems dated. New carpets are needed. The view from either side of the hotel is tin roof shacks.

If ever there was a love hotel this is it. 75 percent of the guests were middle aged asian and western men, with a girl or girls half their age. Really my kind of place.

They were running a promo rate of 2600 pesos per night. They have a pool on the roof, but I never made it that far.

Besides several girlie street bars in the direction from the hotel towards the new bridge, all the cab drivers that waited out front asked if I wanted they could take me to apartment girls. There I could select from among around 50 girls to bring back to my room. I asked the price and he said 3500 pesos all day-all night.

I already had my DIA girl.

Once I brought my DIA Cebu girl there and her 3 sisters and none of the staff batted an eye.

KorkThanks for the review! Your assessment of this property is an example of how some local hotels fall into disrepair! The funny thing is their website claims the entire hotel was refurbished in 2009! Even with the promo rate, one questions whether it is a good value. The only saving grace is that they are located near the airport.

You really didn't miss much not checking out the pool except the views as it has been emptied since last year! Their sister hotel next door (forgot the name) is in even worse shape and it is in dire need of a make over.

Your cabbie was suggesting a trip to the casas as there are a few nice ones on Mactan. The problem is that his commission is somewhere between 1000 and 1500php. The actual price for the girl is around 2000php!

GregLondon
05-31-11, 13:11
Having tired of the overpriced rates of hotels in Cebu I've been experimenting with living in a condo in Cebu. I know there are quite alot of condo options in Mactan but I prefer Cebu City for the greater action. I found it a real struggle to get somewhere on a short term basis (1 month) as most places wanted a 6 month plus contract with a months deposit and a month in advance. My other key criteria were good internet access, a pool and relatively easy to find (so that I could realistically just give girl's directions). I did eventually find somewhere that fitted my criteria though its pretty small (30 sq m) and a studio unit. But its a good location, wifi / cable TV brand new furniture and a good location between Ayala and SM at P30k for a month its a significantly discount on the hotel options (around 2000P a day) though electricity / water is extra (5000P a month) and no breakfast. This place (in the Persimmon Building) rents for 20k a month for a 6 month rental and 10k a week for a shorter rental.

Red Kilt
05-31-11, 13:28
Having tired of the overpriced rates of hotels in Cebu I've been experimenting with living in a condo in Cebu. I know there are quite alot of condo options in Mactan but I prefer Cebu City for the greater action. I found it a real struggle to get somewhere on a short term basis (1 month) as most places wanted a 6 month plus contract with a months deposit and a month in advance. My other key criteria were good internet access, a pool and relatively easy to find (so that I could realistically just give girl's directions). I did eventually find somewhere that fitted my criteria though its pretty small (30 sq m) and a studio unit. But its a good location, wifi / cable TV brand new furniture and a good location between Ayala and SM at P30k for a month its a significantly discount on the hotel options (around 2000P a day) though electricity / water is extra (5000P a month) and no breakfast. This place (in the Persimmon Building) rents for 20k a month for a 6 month rental and 10k a week for a shorter rental.I guess you have to wash your own sheets and towels too Greg.

Unless you and your visitors are not too fussy about spots on the sheets LOL.

Brymor
05-31-11, 20:35
Having tired of the overpriced rates of hotels in Cebu I've been experimenting with living in a condo in Cebu. I know there are quite alot of condo options in Mactan but I prefer Cebu City for the greater action. I found it a real struggle to get somewhere on a short term basis (1 month) as most places wanted a 6 month plus contract with a months deposit and a month in advance. My other key criteria were good internet access, a pool and relatively easy to find (so that I could realistically just give girl's directions). I did eventually find somewhere that fitted my criteria though its pretty small (30 sq m) and a studio unit. But its a good location, wifi / cable TV brand new furniture and a good location between Ayala and SM at P30k for a month its a significantly discount on the hotel options (around 2000P a day) though electricity / water is extra (5000P a month) and no breakfast. This place (in the Persimmon Building) rents for 20k a month for a 6 month rental and 10k a week for a shorter rental.I too have looked at apartments as an option instead of hotels for short stays of about one month. When you add the P30K for the apartment for the month, the P5K for power and say another P10K a month for buying breakfasts (for two) each morning, the saving is just not significant enough for me to want to take that option and as RK aptly pointed out, that may or may not include clean towels and bedding. The other thing to remember is that many hotels will discount their rates if you stay a minimum amount of time, so that can save money. Personally I would get bored in the same place for a whole month. I was chatting to a letting agent on DIA from Cebu the other day and she suggested you can get decent (by Western standards) apartments for P10K a month on a long term rental. I am thinking of going to Cebu for at least 6 months next year so if anyone can recommend a trustworthy landlord or letting agent, please PM me

GregLondon
06-01-11, 03:20
I guess you have to wash your own sheets and towels too Greg.

Unless you and your visitors are not too fussy about spots on the sheets LOL. I've had a couple of girls staying with me (along with a stream of guests) who have done all the cooking and cleaning so that was not a problem but I agree with Mortman that once you factor in Elec and Breakfast the saving is not great and you sacrifice flexibility. On the plus side its nice to have a big LCD TV wired up to hifi, full size fridge, sofa bed and kitchenette, something one wouldn't generally get for a 2000P Cebu hotel room.

I think 10k / per month is not realistic for a good location and wifi connectivity / pool etc. But P15k a month for a place in Mactan and P20k a month in Cebu City is doable for a 6 months contract.

AussieBaz
06-13-11, 07:31
Hi guys I'm just wondering is there any floating hotels or rooms in cebu or close by. Thanxs in advance

Chevy 68
06-13-11, 09:07
I take it there is nothing like this on cebu. So which hotel has the biggest rooms? I was disappointed with the size of the mariot and stayed at Midtown and went back to Mariot only for the breakfast. At least I had a couch at midtown with a desent place just to sit down.

Cansx
06-14-11, 06:08
Try the richmond I used to stay at that dump midtown way over priced.

WestCoast1
06-16-11, 16:17
Gents, I'd like to stay downtown. In the vicinity of Colon / Palaez or Sancianko. Recommendations? I need wifi. Anyone have experience with Cebu Century or Cebu Business hotels?

Red Kilt
06-17-11, 00:13
Gents, I'd like to stay downtown. In the vicinity of Colon / Palaez or Sancianko. Recommendations? I need wifi. Anyone have experience with Cebu Century or Cebu Business hotels?Cebu Business Hotel is a budget hotel set up to cater for large government or corporate group seminars and workshops.

Beds are wire spring and not comfortable. There are one or two rooms furnished for "foreigners".

Not recommended WC.

Cheapy
06-17-11, 01:57
Also GV Tower. Has promo rate of 850p. Wifi in lobby (sometimes). Very close.

To action. Beds are comfortable. Good security.

Cebu Business Hotel is a budget hotel set up to cater for large government or corporate group seminars and workshops.

Beds are wire spring and not comfortable. There are one or two rooms furnished for "foreigners".

Not recommended WC.

AchillesHeel
06-23-11, 01:24
Hey great thread, and useful since I'm landing in Cebu late night tonight. I've been looking for a monthly rental for the last month, and I think it's hard for foreigners to find fair deals. So, with the help of my DIA chat buddies, I have been offered two places, one in Mactan and one in Banilad for 5000p a month! Now, I don't know if there's a catch (well one catch is the apartment is right in front of my DIA girls home, I guess to keep an eye on me) but I'll report my findings. I'm going to look around for the weekend and crash at a Cebu City hotel until I find the right place.

But without the girls on DIA I would probably be looking at 20000p a month places.

X Man
06-23-11, 08:23
If you have been to the Philippines before you probably alread knew that what might seem nice to a Filipino could very well be a bit too, ummm, simple for the average 1st world traveler. I don't mind roughing it sometimes, and did the Khao San road (Thailand) pensions in my college days. But one month in a run down apartment might get old real quick. Let us know how it goes. X.

Hey great thread, and useful since I'm landing in Cebu late night tonight. I've been looking for a monthly rental for the last month, and I think it's hard for foreigners to find fair deals. So, with the help of my DIA chat buddies, I have been offered two places, one in Mactan and one in Banilad for 5000p a month! Now, I don't know if there's a catch (well one catch is the apartment is right in front of my DIA girls home, I guess to keep an eye on me) but I'll report my findings. I'm going to look around for the weekend and crash at a Cebu City hotel until I find the right place.

But without the girls on DIA I would probably be looking at 20000p a month places.

Roycankor
06-23-11, 08:32
[QUOTE=AchillesHeel; 1169060]So, with the help of my DIA chat buddies, I have been offered two places, one in Mactan and one in Banilad for 5000p a month! Now, I don't know if there's a catch (well one catch is the apartment is right in front of my DIA girls home, I guess to keep an eye on me) but I'll report my findings.

[QUOTE]I was also planning a 21 day trip to cebu (since thats the visa limit without an extension). AchillesHeel, can you plez let me know the names of those places that your "friend" found for you?

And plez inform us about the quality of these 2 places compared to lets say. Eddie's (or rather Beverly Boutique) or Elizabeth hotel or just about any mid priced hotels. Is there a deposit? I assume the electricity and water bills will be extra charge depending on the useage.

Thanks, I wait for your report.

Member #4351
06-26-11, 02:59
For those of you who have been hesitant to stay at the Marriott because of the walk of shame past the cuties at the front desk and all the people in the lounge, you will be happy to know that the hotel has opened up a new entrance from Ayala Mall Terraces/parking garage to the restaurant. So if you don't enter during lunch or dinner, your walk to the elevators will go unnoticed (except for the security cameras of course).

GoodEnough
06-26-11, 03:15
[QUOTE=AchillesHeel; 1169060]So, with the help of my DIA chat buddies, I have been offered two places, one in Mactan and one in Banilad for 5000p a month! Now, I don't know if there's a catch (well one catch is the apartment is right in front of my DIA girls home, I guess to keep an eye on me) but I'll report my findings.

[QUOTE]I was also planning a 21 day trip to cebu (since thats the visa limit without an extension). AchillesHeel, can you plez let me know the names of those places that your "friend" found for you?

And plez inform us about the quality of these 2 places compared to lets say. Eddie's (or rather Beverly Boutique) or Elizabeth hotel or just about any mid priced hotels. Is there a deposit? I assume the electricity and water bills will be extra charge depending on the useage.

Thanks, I wait for your report. Php5, 000 is about $116. I'm guessing that you're going to find it's not up to Western standards, though it could be that you got lucky. What seems "nice" or even "very nice" to the average Filipina may seem barely livable to you as X has said.

Stroker Ace88
06-26-11, 06:32

But without the girls on DIA I would probably be looking at 20000p a month places. Are you going to trust DIA girls who you have never met to offer you a "fair deal" as you put it?

IMHO your main concerns in the Philippines should always be; security, condition of appartment-condo, amenities offered, location and finally price.

The DIA girls you have made friends with MIGHT be nice girls but chances are they have plans for you. 5000p a month for an appartment raises so many red flags. In the Philippines whenever a westerner wants help in obtaining goods or services like an appartment rental or car purchase, the locals no matter the connection will add on there own additional charge to the price of the goods or service. If they quoted you 5000p a month the actual price for a local would be around 2-3000p and they added on there own fee to bring the total to 5000p. Chances are as other senior members have warned you about, the place is a sh*thole with no AC, no security and only a local might find the place acceptable.

Ok, lets say you look at the place and its seems ok, and the girl seems nice and you take the place for 5000p a month. So the girl and her family will make friends with you because they live across the street. They will tell you don't worry about the Veco or water bill they will take care of it. They will get the bill, add on the westerner fee and then collect from you double the original bill. They will do this with every possible thing they can think of to try to lighten your wallet, and all with a smile.

So what will happen to your belongings when you leave for the day to sightsee or go out to dinner? The same locals who sit and watch you come and go day after day will be there when you return and you will find everything gone and the place trashed. You will ask all the locals if they saw anything and of course no one will know anything. Now all your things are gone and you will owe the owner for damages.

What will happen if you want to be a butterfly and see lots of different women? Do you think the original girl who found you the appartment will accept you seeing other women right across the street from her?

There is a reason so many people from the West who choose to call the Philippines home live in gated communities. Unless you know the girl, her family and the area you will choose to stay in very well I don't see this working.

If acceptable mid-range western hotels in Cebu charge roughly 2000-4000p per night what will you get for 5000p a month?

All I can say is good luck and hats off to you if you can pull it off. I am curious to hear how things work out so post a trip report on the regular Cebu thread when you have the time.

Frenzy3
06-26-11, 07:29

But without the girls on DIA I would probably be looking at 20000p a month places. Where is it is it furnished have air con, I rent a 3 bed house for 10k pm unfurnished I have lived in a 5k house furnished and air con so yes they exist, if it has air con expect to pay 4k in elec I pay 8k in elec with 2 air con. These are short term prices ie month to month.

I love cebu

Cuba Tourist
06-27-11, 13:13
I just arrived at the Elizabeth Hotel, which is nice but no pool. Can anyone suggest a nearby pool? Also, would love to get together with anyone in the city now. Just pm me.

Paulr1950
06-27-11, 19:03
I just arrived at the Elizabeth Hotel, which is nice but no pool. Can anyone suggest a nearby pool? Also, would love to get together with anyone in the city now. Just pm me.The 1 I use is at the waterfront 200pso or with snack 300 not bad eye candy at times as well.

Cheapy
06-27-11, 23:26
I'll be in Cebu city August until December 2011. Looking for 1 bedroom or large studio.

In the 10-15, 000p range. Have found a couple in LapuLapu but wanted to be more in metro.

(Banilad, Mabolo, Osmena).

Please PM me if you guys have any leads. 4th time to Cebu so I have a good feel for the city.

Salamat.

Roycankor
06-28-11, 09:46
Looking for 1 bedroom or large studio.

In the 10-15, 000p range. Have found a couple in LapuLapu but wanted to be more in metro. Hello, Cheapy, can you inform us of the couple of places that you've found in LapuLapu for the 10-15 price range? Do you know if its fully furnished?

Thanks for the info.

Have a great time in cebu. I love going there, many great looking girls and cheap too.

AchillesHeel
07-05-11, 02:26
Where is it is it furnished have air con, I rent a 3 bed house for 10k pm unfurnished I have lived in a 5k house furnished and air con so yes they exist, if it has air con expect to pay 4k in elec I pay 8k in elec with 2 air con. These are short term prices ie month to month.

I love cebuOk sorry for the long delay. Was looking around at the different places and then got a nasty chest cold / flu I don't know but it laid me out for a few days. Anyway upon arrival in Cebu if you're just looking for a comfortable hotel to crash in close by, Best Suites Hotel is it. Around 1200p and free wi-fi. It was great. When you're ready to move into Fuente, there are some budget hotels to choose from, that are hard to find without local help. First off is the Fuente Oro Hotel, right off the circle, a block in from the McDonalds. Clean, great free breakfast, decent in-room wi-fi for 1200p. I stayed there for a long weekend before moving out to my apartment in Mactan, and it was convenient and girl friendly. I am never one to stay at the high end hotels, I have better things to do with my money than waste it on overly swanky digs. Wi-fi is the most important thing for my business.

For those of you who are budget conscious as well, PM me for three other hotels that are the same or cheaper than Fuente Oro. Now onto the apartment search- As Frenzy said, if you look long enough there are some deals to be had just depends on location. I ended up traveling farther than Banilad to see my DIA girls place, but it was nice and clean. I kept it in mind, but it was really far from everything so I headed to Mactan to see a condo unit. It was listed as 5000p, but since I am only staying a month the USA owner jacked it up to 8000p. Still, it was a great deal, and it worked with my plan. It's a 1BR with air con, tv, hot / cold shower and lots of ants. Really cute girl from DIA just hooked me up for nothing, the owner is her BF, so no foul play here. Also her cute friend was living in the spot and hopefully I can hook up with her later! Anyway just be aware that the further out you go meaning more jeepney and trike rides, the cheaper the deals are.

For the month of August I'm coming back to the Circle area. I found a 8000p "room" if you could call it that, not so far from Fuente Oro. Now this place is part of Pearl Homes, which is apparently mainly occupied by foreigners, so more than just me think it's livable, if just short time. Air con, wifi and hot and cold with a fridge in a tiny room in Fuente. If I go stir crazy I can always treat myself to a night at Fuente Oro, but for my stay here it'll do fine.

I'll try to put up some pics of the Mactan place I'm at now, and later I'll report on my DIA dates thus far- Anyone want to hang out in Lapu Lapu, I'm here for a bit.

AchillesHeel
07-05-11, 02:42
[QUOTE=Stroker Ace88; 1170064]Are you going to trust DIA girls who you have never met to offer you a "fair deal" as you put it?

IMHO your main concerns in the Philippines should always be; security, condition of appartment-condo, amenities offered, location and finally price.

Ok, lets say you look at the place and its seems ok, and the girl seems nice and you take the place for 5000p a month. So the girl and her family will make friends with you because they live across the street. They will tell you don't worry about the Veco or water bill they will take care of it. They will get the bill, add on the westerner fee and then collect from you double the original bill. They will do this with every possible thing they can think of to try to lighten your wallet, and all with a smile.

So what will happen to your belongings when you leave for the day to sightsee or go out to dinner? The same locals who sit and watch you come and go day after day will be there when you return and you will find everything gone and the place trashed. You will ask all the locals if they saw anything and of course no one will know anything. Now all your things are gone and you will owe the owner for damages.

What will happen if you want to be a butterfly and see lots of different women? Do you think the original girl who found you the appartment will accept you seeing other women right across the street from her?

Yeah, well checked out the place with the girl, she's a graphic artist and we get along on a lot of levels. The neighborhood is quiet and the family is literally there 3 meters away! Guess that means not a lot of guests without everyone knowing. But the place had a hard fence surrounding it, so if there was someone planning to "git the foreigner" it would take some work. The thing is I want to live more on a local level, I'm sure many westerns won't understand this, but I'm not here for a vacation, I'm here to live and study and finally get to know more about the place and people, as well as shag as much as I can. But I'm willing to have to figure some things out like security and who I can trust, on my feet this time. I appreciate your points, though.

Check out my recent post to see the results. I'm pretty happy with the place I found, not gated and my unit stands alone in a building of empty torn out units, but hey, great place to work out! Had to get a SmartBro USB for internet at home, but it's not too bad on weekdays. I couldn't have found any of these options if not for my friends from FB and DIA, so I think it's a valuable resource that just requires you to be considerate in your chats. You never know who's going to help you out.

Asianatic
07-06-11, 19:28
Stayed at Radisson Blu last month for 3 nights and brought in all 3 nights my DIA date without any problem. I have to say that on the first night, I had to go through reception to announce a wake-up call and got a suspicious look. When we went up to the room I got a phonecall (that was at about 5am) but I did'nt pick up. I'm sure it was reception. No problem.

The second night, returned about the same time 4-5 am with the same lady who dresses normally, not too sexy. Door security never mentioned anything. Receptionist sleeping. OK. Straight to elevator.

Third night, same thing. Receptionist sleeping, no hassle. My DIA date spent all 3 nights with me without any problem.

The hotel is very plush and comfortable. I loved the place.

Cornelius
07-06-11, 19:54
Dear Friends.

Have checked a large number of previous post and am unsure as to how girl friendly the Marriott is?

The reason I choose it is that I have a lot of marriott points I need to burn.

Should I book for two persons?

Any registration required when coming in late with a lady in tow?

Thank-you to all for info.

Corny.

Member #4351
07-06-11, 21:23
Some of the many posts mentioning the Marriott, you might want to utilize the ISG search funcion:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?3160-Cebu-Hotels&p=1170010&viewfull=1#post1170010

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1004-Cebu&p=1156148&viewfull=1#post1156148

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1004-Cebu&p=1156100&viewfull=1#post1156100

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?3160-Cebu-Hotels&p=1120860&viewfull=1#post112086

I always stay there.

MadisonGuy
07-06-11, 21:23
Dear Friends.

Have checked a large number of previous post and am unsure as to how girl friendly the Marriott is?

The reason I choose it is that I have a lot of marriott points I need to burn.

Should I book for two persons?

Any registration required when coming in late with a lady in tow?

Thank-you to all for info.

Corny.I think all hotels in Philippines are girl friendly, that being said I always book for 2 because rate doesn't change and if they get high and mighty and try to charge or something I just tell them it's my GF I was coming to meet and booked the room for two. Doubt you'll have to do that but it works in latin america.

Cornelius
07-07-11, 04:57
Some of the many posts mentioning the Marriott, you might want to utilize the ISG search funcion:

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?3160-Cebu-Hotels&p=1170010&viewfull=1#post1170010

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1004-Cebu&p=1156148&viewfull=1#post1156148

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1004-Cebu&p=1156100&viewfull=1#post1156100

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?3160-Cebu-Hotels&p=1120860&viewfull=1#post112086

I always stay there.Thanks for the input David_33 & Madisonguy

Brymor
07-08-11, 01:37
Checked in on Tuesday afternoon for 7 nights at a speial deal of $85 per night. What I forgot is that the hotel refuse to charge your credit / debit card with the dollar rate quoted, they actually convert the dollar rate into pesos at a preferential rate to them so that the seven nights works out at about 33, 000 pesos. A bit of a cheek if you ask me. When I complained I was told I can still pay cash in dollars but that means going to a foreign exchange and trying to convert my Euros into dollars. I need to check this option out since 33, 000 pesos works out at nearly 5000 pesos per night and is a lot more expensive than the actual price of $85 per night.

The room is ok and as has been reported here many times the breakfast buffet and amenities here are awesome. I was coming back to the hotel at about midnight last night and as I got out of the taxi I was greeted by about 5 girls standing directly outside the main entrance all begging for me to take them to my room for massage with extras. They made no attempt to be discreet, in fact quite the opposite, they were calling out to me quite loudly and other male guests arriving also. Personally I don't mind I found it a bit entertaining but I am surprised the hotel security allows this as the hotel is high end, with many business customers and families staying there, as well as mongers. I was approached inside the hotel by another couple of unattractive pros but politely declined.

The wifi in the room is on the whole ok, but now and again the signal seems to be too low for a connection. I went into the lobby last night with my laptop to use the wifi there and enjoy the live music only to be told there is a 250 peso charge for the privilidge, even for customers of the hotel.

MauiDude
07-08-11, 02:29
I think all hotels in Philippines are girl friendly, that being said I always book for 2 because rate doesn't change and if they get high and mighty and try to charge or something I just tell them it's my GF I was coming to meet and booked the room for two. Doubt you'll have to do that but it works in latin america.I do the same when I book hotel. But then when I come in at night sometimes they demand to see the girls I'd.

And they do not let her in without I'd. I was at waterfront in lahug cebu and they did that.

The girl was from a bar and they refused to let her in. I had two thugs standing around me ready to ponce.

If I tried to get her on elevator.

It was a bad expierence as they were like nazi police. And not very friendly about it. And the girl did not have I'd?

Or she did and she said she did not. So make sure of the hotel if they ask for I'd or make sure the girl has I'd.

Cebu seems to be the worse for demanding I'd

Red Kilt
07-08-11, 02:39
Checked in on Tuesday afternoon for 7 nights at a speial deal of $85 per night. What I forgot is that the hotel refuse to charge your credit / debit card with the dollar rate quoted, they actually convert the dollar rate into pesos at a preferential rate to them so that the seven nights works out at about 33, 000 pesos. A bit of a cheek if you ask me. When I complained I was told I can still pay cash in dollars but that means going to a foreign exchange and trying to convert my Euros into dollars. I need to check this option out since 33, 000 pesos works out at nearly 5000 pesos per night and is a lot more expensive than the actual price of $85 per night.Businesses are not permitted to charge for services in USD. They must charge in pesos. I found the same in Vietnam. They had to charge you a converted dong rate.

If you are on any website (like Agoda, Asia Rooms etc) you should always do the conversion into pesos on the site to find out what is the current rate that you will be charged.

Most institutions or businesses here (like foreign embassies for example and airlines) fix a forex rate and it stays the same until there is a shift of 3% either way; then they change it. Don't expect rates to reflect daily forex fluctuations.

Brymor
07-08-11, 04:40
Businesses are not permitted to charge for services in USD. They must charge in pesos. I found the same in Vietnam. They had to charge you a converted dong rate.

If you are on any website (like Agoda, Asia Rooms etc) you should always do the conversion into pesos on the site to find out what is the current rate that you will be charged.

Most institutions or businesses here (like foreign embassies for example and airlines) fix a forex rate and it stays the same until there is a shift of 3% either way; then they change it. Don't expect rates to reflect daily forex fluctuations.Thanks RK it is useful to know information like that since it will prevent me looking like an ass if I had decided to formally complain. Despite travelling here many times I did not know that!

Allover
07-08-11, 05:55
I stayed there for two nights about 1 month ago. I booked through Agoda which man the room was prepaid. No conversion hassles and I got a rate of about $75 including breakfast. Breakfast buffett at Waterfront Lahug is excellent. Rooms are ok, nothing special. During the two nights I stayed the were about 5-6 girls that were available at all times day and night. The girls were very average and I found better elsewhere. Hotel location for me was not an issue but you'll need to take a taxi every time you leave the hotel.

Had the Hotel Elizabeth responded to my numerous emails, I would have probably stayed there due to their proximity to Ayala Mall. Hotel Elizabeth never responded to a single email.

Frenzy3
07-08-11, 06:15
The room is ok and as has been reported here many times the breakfast buffet and amenities here are awesome. I was coming back to the hotel at about midnight last night and as I got out of the taxi I was greeted by about 5 girls standing directly outside the main entrance all begging for me to take them to my room for massage with extras. They made no attempt to be discreet, in fact quite the opposite, they were calling out to me quite loudly and other male guests arriving also. Personally I don't mind I found it a bit entertaining but I am surprised the hotel security allows this as the hotel is high end, with many business customers and families staying there, as well as mongers. I was approached inside the hotel by another couple of unattractive pros but politely declined.The hotel "hires" the girls I think there is more in the basement, I never stay there but have had girls tell me it is the only hotel that has this arrangement.

FreebieFan
07-08-11, 06:41
Businesses are not permitted to charge for services in USD. They must charge in pesos. I found the same in Vietnam. They had to charge you a converted dong rate.

Most institutions or businesses here (like foreign embassies for example and airlines) fix a forex rate and it stays the same until there is a shift of 3% either way; then they change it. Don't expect rates to reflect daily forex fluctuations.Most major hotels will now allow you to charge the bill in either host country currency or home (whereever the credit card was issued) currency, based on the prevailing rate. This is a standard practice for all major chains, ie Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt etc. However as there arent a huge number of major chains represented this good practice maybe not have reached Philippine shores yet.

Allover
07-10-11, 22:45
Doesn't it always make sense to pay in the local currency when paying by credit card? I would guess my credit card exchange rate is better than a hotel determined exchange rate.

Allover
07-10-11, 22:49
I should add that I use a Capital One card that doesn't have a foreign exchange fee.

Brymor
07-11-11, 04:22
Doesn't it always make sense to pay in the local currency when paying by credit card? I would guess my credit card exchange rate is better than a hotel determined exchange rate.Normally that would make perfect sense however my case is slightly different. I booked the Waterfront on line using their own website which quoted me a rate of $85 US dollars per night. However they will not allow you to pay with a credit / debit card in dollars, they convert the quoted rate into pesos. The rate that the hotel uses to convert the currency (dollars into pesos) is a very poor rate when compared to prevailing rates at the time, meaning the $85 per night actually works out at over $100 per night once you calculate the true cost in pesos. My credit card company will then convert the pesos I have paid back into UK sterling which will again cost, therefore all in all not as cheap as I first anticipated but I am still happy wit the hotel even at $100 per night when compared with what the Marriot is now charging.

Roycankor
07-18-11, 18:23
I realize this is the cebu hotel thread, but I believe it also covers resorts in mactan. So has any fellow ISG member stayed at the plantation bay resort in mactan?

I've been there to visit a friend who was on vacation, but next month will be my first over night stay. When I was visiting, I saw many gorgeous ladies (both guests and workers) there.

I've just booked onine for a weekend package stay and was wondering if others have any interesting experiences there.

For those who have stayed there, any action with the ladies who work there? In-room massages or house keeping staff? Perhaps some of the girls from the nightly dance shows or the cute waitresses after their shifts?

Or am I just better off bringing a STer to my room from lapu lapu or cebu city?

I just though since there were sooo many gorgeous girls (these are obviously working girls, and I mean the legit working girls, not the working the streets girls or the working at the bar girls) already there, why not? And since I'm only there for the weekend, whats the chances of doing the dirty deed and feeling awkward if I cross paths with her in the hotel.

Plez share your experiences and what I should try and shouldn't try.

Thanks for your input.

Member #4351
07-18-11, 19:02
I can't comment on that particular hotel, but my feeling is that just about the only way you will get together with a girl who is working for a five star hotel is by marrying her. Getting a good hotel job in Cebu is extremely difficult. These girls study for years, have to find an OJT spot and then with luck get a temporary contract job which is renewed periodically depending on how well she works. If she is caught going out with a guest; bye bye.

I might be wrong, but this my impression after frequent stays in the Marriott.

Brymor
07-19-11, 08:31
I can't comment on that particular hotel, but my feeling is that just about the only way you will get together with a girl who is working for a five star hotel is by marrying her. Getting a good hotel job in Cebu is extremely difficult. These girls study for years, have to find an OJT spot and then with luck get a temporary contract job which is renewed periodically depending on how well she works. If she is caught going out with a guest; bye bye.

I might be wrong, but this my impression after frequent stays in the Marriott.

I think many of the more upmarket hotels have an unwritten rule that the staff do not date / fraternerise with the guests. One of the receptionists at a hotel I once stayed in (in Cebu) told me that she would be sacked if she was caught staying with a guest. Whether this was a polite attempt to brush off any possible attention from me, or whether it was true I can't say, but in my experience I would say David_33's assessment is correct.

On a different note I went up to my room yesterday at the Waterfront on the 10th floor this time. I specifically asked for a non smoking room (even though I sometimes very occasionally indulge). The floor has non smoking signs everywhere yet when we entered the corridoor from the elevator, it stank everywhere of cigarette smoke. I walked past a room with its door open and saw a group of Korean men sat down talking and smoking. Inconsiderate selfish bastards I thought and I called reception to complain. Half an hour later as we were leaving, I noticed the door was closed but clearly there was smoking still going on, as the area by the room still smelled of fresh cigarette smoke, as did the corridoor. I went downstairs to complain to the General Manager who assured me that security would go up and speak to them.

I felt better that night playing blackjack in the casino upstairs when I was sitting with a soft 15, and took two aces to make a soft 17 which I stuck on. Two Koreans to my left playing with three thousand each, both lost their hands by going bust, when the aces would have given them winning hands. I would be lying if I said that I did not feel a sense of satisfaction seeing them lose about $70 each on that hand.

BionicMan
07-19-11, 15:19
Most major hotels will now allow you to charge the bill in either host country currency or home (whereever the credit card was issued) currency, based on the prevailing rate. This is a standard practice for all major chains, ie Marriott, Starwood, Hilton, Hyatt etc. However as there arent a huge number of major chains represented this good practice maybe not have reached Philippine shores yet.They do so as they take a little stake for the own benefit, maybe negotiating better rates with the CC company, regardless of what appears then in our statement of accounts. Kind of stake on transactions, comissions.

Otherwise they would not have incentive to do so

Mr Hawaii
07-20-11, 06:38

I might be wrong, but this my impression after frequent stays in the Marriott.Went to Cebu about 3 times a year for about 15 years. One time I talked a newly hired housekeeper from Midtown Hotel into going out with me, then we made the mistake of going back to my hotel room in the Midtown Hotel, where she had just been hired. The security guard ratted on her and she was fired. Spent a few days with me then had to return to Davao. Spoke with the manager about it, but "that is our policy".

Roycankor
07-20-11, 09:36
I can't comment on that particular hotel, but my feeling is that just about the only way you will get together with a girl who is working for a five star hotel is by marrying her. Getting a good hotel job in Cebu is extremely difficult. These girls study for years, have to find an OJT spot and then with luck get a temporary contract job which is renewed periodically depending on how well she works. If she is caught going out with a guestYes I realize getting and maintaining any employment is difficult, especially a legit and well paying (according to PI standards) job is scarce, but I have read in a few PI threads about in-room massages with extra services (wink wink) followed by a good tip (depending on how good she looked and her performance).

I'm sure since everyone is always trying to find ways to make a few extra dollars to line their pockets with, this should not be too difficult (I hope).

Any members out there who have called in for room service (food, massage, or even housekeeping) got any "extra kind" service?

Roycankor
07-20-11, 09:46
I think many of the more upmarket hotels have an unwritten rule that the staff do not date / fraternerise with the guests. One of the receptionists at a hotel I once stayed in (in Cebu) told me that she would be sacked if she was caught staying with a guest. Whether this was a polite attempt to brush off any possible attention from me, or whether it was true I can't say, but in my experience I would say David_33's assessment is correct.If one needs / wants female friend / s to stay the night, yes, I would say better not to physically associate with staff, better to get a STer from lapu lapu or cebu city. How about just a short "visit" to your room? Sweet talk her in the hallway, the swimming pool, at the restaurant, or at the front desk (wherever she may be working at) and get her to in and out after you go in and out of her?

Just letting my imagination run (LOL). Only if all of you could have seen the numerous fine-looking ladies at Plantation Bay. WOW. I had a hard time keeping my eyes straight forward as I was chatting with my friends sitting pool side.

Can't wait to stay at the PB resort next month. Hope to have an amazing report and many good pics for you all.

Brymor
07-20-11, 13:36
Yes I realize getting and maintaining any employment is difficult, especially a legit and well paying (according to PI standards) job is scarce, but I have read in a few PI threads about in-room massages with extra services (wink wink) followed by a good tip (depending on how good she looked and her performance).

I'm sure since everyone is always trying to find ways to make a few extra dollars to line their pockets with, this should not be too difficult (I hope).

Any members out there who have called in for room service (food, massage, or even housekeeping) got any "extra kind" service?My guess is that you will be a guest at the hotel for a much shorter period of time than you anticipated, if you have that kind of attitude, especially with housekeepers, food service waitresses or receptionists. In house massage is a different thing altogether. Not all Filipinas are available to you just because they are poorly paid and if you walk round the hotels with that kind of view, you will sooner or later come seriously unstuck.

Member #4351
07-20-11, 17:25
There are cameras in the halls of the good hotels. Check the ceilings. In the Marriott there are four guys with their eyes glued to the screens watching what is going on. In addition, the housekeepers leave the doors open when they clean. In-room massage in the Marriott is provided by Annie's in the Ayala Mall. No hanky panky possible. But there is absolutely no reason to resort to desperate measures to obtain pussy in Cebu. If one is so inept that they can't find it just by walking around, buy the local paper and call one of the massage ad numbers.

That said, if you are really attracted to some cutie who works in the hotel and are getting positive vibes from her, just tell her that you will be staying in a different hotel in the future, and if it would then be possible to get together for a lunch or a coffee or something. I think that this would be the best strategy.

Enchoo
07-20-11, 18:08
Northwind is about 1288 pesos and GF! For the GFE

W20415
07-29-11, 23:23
To Maui dude.

I stay at the North Wind hotel last yr down to st from the Waterfront nice clean room for 34 USD a night good location next to Sunflower and cross the st from the village, short taxi ride to mango bar st very friendly staff and is up to you to check girl I'd in the front desk and they will contact you when the girl leave to make sure everything is ok.

Fast Eddie 48Did you book your hotel at North Wind on line? I'll be in Cebu in September and it sounds like what I am looking for and in the right location. When you say "the village" what are you referring to? Are there SW near by?

Buko Max
07-30-11, 12:42
Just letting my imagination run (LOL). Only if all of you could have seen the numerous fine-looking ladies at Plantation Bay. WOW. I had a hard time keeping my eyes straight forward as I was chatting with my friends sitting pool side.

Can't wait to stay at the PB resort next month. Hope to have an amazing report and many good pics for you all.Yes I would think that a nice luxury resort known throughout the country would attract a few lovelies! Stayed there a few years back and for me it got boring quick mainly due to it's isolated location and lack of beach frontage. From my observations, there are three groups of people that stay there:

Upper class Filipinos from across the country

Filipinos that have made it in the west and are showing off to their local families

Western and Asian tourists that never leave the resort during their entire stay

If I were you, I would seriously consider B.Y.O.B. (Bring Your Own Babe)

Buko Max
07-30-11, 13:13
I checked on the price of flights and it's only $115. Oo round trip to Cebu. For that price I think I have to go check it out. Too many hotties in my messenger list need my attention. That said, I need to find the best place to stay. Any Suggestions? Some one said there was a lot of action around the Century hotel. Any reccomendations?The best place to stay for you would NOT be downtown in the Philippine's oldest city. As a first time visitor, there is no reason to be subjected to the crumbling infrastructure and filth that lies in Colon. Rather, I would give the Midtown area serious consideration especially if you plan to meet DIA contacts since it is a transportation hub and easy for girls to get there. What is price range and requirements?

X Man
07-30-11, 13:53
Yea, once had a gal who worked MPEZ and we hit it off very well. Even visited her papa on some mountain top. Took her to alona beach where I fkn her three times a day. Next time I visited, she had some remote Australian relatives visiting at Plantation and kept me waiting. (pictures confirmed a big mixed blood get together) I was surprised she didn't invite me to join them considering how close we had become. WHen I finally met her she was a bit distant. Fkd her anyway. I lost touch for a while and next time I was in town, her sis answered the phone. Yep, she's a housewife in Australia.

If Mattrick and others haven't already sent the msg, find your beach on Cebu Island or Bohol. Not Mactan.

Yes I would think that a nice luxury resort known throughout the country would attract a few lovelies! Stayed there a few years back and for me it got boring quick mainly due to it's isolated location and lack of beach frontage. From my observations, there are three groups of people that stay there:

Upper class Filipinos from across the country

Filipinos that have made it in the west and are showing off to their local families

Western and Asian tourists that never leave the resort during their entire stay

If I were you, I would seriously consider B. Year oldB. (Bring Your Own Babe)

HenryV
08-03-11, 21:45
The best place to stay for you would NOT be downtown in the Philippine's oldest city. As a first time visitor, there is no reason to be subjected to the crumbling infrastructure and filth that lies in Colon. Rather, I would give the Midtown area serious consideration especially if you plan to meet DIA contacts since it is a transportation hub and easy for girls to get there. What is price range and requirements?Before I knew better, I once stayed at the "Mercedes" in old downtown Cebu. Was almost bitten to death by mosquitos. Sat up all night becasue you would hear them whizzing by. Anyone know a good bars in this section of town, could never find any.

Alaways liked the Raja on Osmena Circle. You are in walking distance of food, the Silver Dollar, and the Mango Street bars. Indeed, the walk to the Mango Street bars can be an adventure if you are into fl's.

Buko Max
08-24-11, 14:58
Always liked the Raja on Osmena Circle. You are in walking distance of food, the Silver Dollar, and the Mango Street bars. Indeed, the walk to the Mango Street bars can be an adventure if you are into fl's.The Rajah doesn't get many accolades here as it is getting a bit tired. Very similar to the Midtown both in price and condition. Street kids hang out on that part of the circle and can be a pain!

W20415
08-31-11, 23:55
The best place to stay for you would NOT be downtown in the Philippine's oldest city. As a first time visitor, there is no reason to be subjected to the crumbling infrastructure and filth that lies in Colon. Rather, I would give the Midtown area serious consideration especially if you plan to meet DIA contacts since it is a transportation hub and easy for girls to get there. What is price range and requirements?I have decided not to go to Manila at all. Instead I am going to stay in Cebu the whole week. I am convinced not to stay down town over night. I will take your advise and find something mid town. How ever I do want to check out the SW scene down there. Is there a short time motel close to the action around Century? I plan on getting out of there by early evening.

Buko Max
09-01-11, 08:55
Is there a short time motel close to the action around Century?Yes Sogo has a Cebu location downtown:

http://www.hotelsogo.com/branch/cebu.html

Queensland has a new location a little farther out on V Rama.

Buko Max
09-27-11, 07:03
You should consider the Raja on Osmena Circle.

"Friendly," and can walk to Silver Dollar. The Mango Street Bars are a little hike, but I enjoy walking.Have heard that they have a very good promo going at the moment!

Buko Max
09-27-11, 07:41
3 senior citizen from Singapore coming to cebu 3rd week of October first time need a good hotel where the sex action is walking distance I know RTFF haha some are out dated we like to drink have fun than later sex thanks guys for the help.Here are my picks for hotels that are within a ten minute walk to Mango Ave. Bars:

Good: Grand Prix, Apple Tree, Palladium, Fuente Pension.

Better: Holiday Plaza, NS Royal Pension, Fuente Oro Business Suites, Rajah

Best: Century Plaza, Midtown, Crown Regency, Beverly Boutique*

* Beverly Boutique formally known as Eddie's would be more like a 'good' hotel as far as price, comfort and amenities go but they are the closest property to the girlie bars. In theory, you could hole up and eat all your meals there as the food is pretty decent.

William Saw
09-29-11, 11:31
Here are my picks for hotels that are within a ten minute walk to Mango Ave. Bars:

Good: Grand Prix, Apple Tree, Palladium, Fuente Pension.

Better: Holiday Plaza, NS Royal Pension, Fuente Oro Business Suites, Rajah

Best: Century Plaza, Midtown, Crown Regency, Beverly Boutique*

* Beverly Boutique formally known as Eddie's would be more like a 'good' hotel as far as price, comfort and amenities go but they are the closest property to the girlie bars. In theory, you could hole up and eat all your meals there as the food is pretty decent.Thank you brother.

Sopwith
10-08-11, 06:50
I'll be in Cebu City the end of November.

Can anyone recommend some upscale hotels, not resorts? I have been to the Parklane, very nice and near Ayala. The Radisson Blu looks nice but I; m not sure if it is near any major mall.

Member #4351
10-08-11, 08:26
I'll be in Cebu City the end of November. Can anyone recommend some upscale hotels, not resorts?The Marriott

XTroller
10-08-11, 08:48

Can anyone recommend some upscale hotels, not resorts? I have been to the Parklane, very nice and near Ayala. The Radisson Blu looks nice but I; m not sure if it is near any major mall.You could spit and hit SM Mall from the Radisson. It couldn't get any closer to a mall unless is was IN the mall.

Buko Max
10-08-11, 10:32
Would also include the Crown Regency, Waterfront Lahug, Marco Polo and perhaps the Elizabeth too.

William Saw
10-10-11, 03:09
Thank you brother.Have book into rajah park hotel some same is not bad some is shit.

Anyway book for 3 nights if no good will check out for other hotel

Mr Hawaii
10-11-11, 06:42

Can anyone recommend some upscale hotels, not resorts? I have been to the Parklane, very nice and near Ayala. The Radisson Blu looks nice but I; m not sure if it is near any major mall.Loved the location of Midtown Hotel. In the center of Cebu city, all the girls and taxis know where it is. Robinson's is downstairs from the hotel, so you can shop for anything, including food, without leaving aircon. Money changer next to supermarket, food court next to supermarket, all without going outside. Can pick up a girl in the mall and go to your room thru the mall without going outside. Walk to Love City, Volvo's, Thunderdome, and other bars. Short taxi ride to Ayala, longer to SM, but nowhere near the Manila traffic hassles.

William Saw
10-11-11, 08:45
Have book into rajah park hotel some same is not bad some is shit.

Anyway book for 3 nights if no good will check out for other hotelHave decide on Harolds hotel is this hotel near mango or the pubs.

Red Kilt
10-11-11, 09:13
Loved the location of Midtown Hotel. In the center of Cebu city, all the girls and taxis know where it is. Robinson's is downstairs from the hotel, so you can shop for anything, including food, without leaving aircon. Money changer next to supermarket, food court next to supermarket, all without going outside. Can pick up a girl in the mall and go to your room thru the mall without going outside. Walk to Love City, Volvo's, Thunderdome, and other bars. Short taxi ride to Ayala, longer to SM, but nowhere near the Manila traffic hassles.I always stayed at MidTown on my company tab back in the days when I was in Cebu every month (1998 to 2001) but now, after checking it out late last year, I find it very rundown and very much overpriced for what it is.

I agree with Mr H that it is in a very convenient location and his reasons for liking it are sound too EXCEPT for the over-priced rates. I also have had a some issues with the low-grade FLs who hang around Robinsons but that is another story.

IMHO, Waterfront (Lahug) and Parklane are much much better for me in terms of class and quality; they are closer to Ayala and I can get cheaper rates at either of them too. It is just as easy to get to the Mango bars from them as it is from Midtown.

I am just offering an alternative view of Cebu Midtown, and certainly not pissing on Mr H's opinion.

GoodEnough
10-11-11, 11:18
IMHO, Waterfront (Lahug) and Parklane are much much better for me in terms of class and quality; they are closer to Ayala and I can get cheaper rates at either of them too. It is just as easy to get to the Mango bars from them as it is from Midtown.I'll be in Cebu for the weekend on business and will stay at the Parklane again as I did the last time I was there. It's clean and it's close to everything I need, including some really good restaurants. While not disparaging anyone, I can't see the point of staying in a dump when there are better values to be had, just for the sake of a small convenience.

GE

X Man
10-13-11, 03:40
Has anyone ever eaten at the Chateau de Busay? I can see from their web page that they also have some rooms. Has anyone stayed there, or inquired? How much?

X

Sammon
10-18-11, 14:12
I always stayed at MidTown on my company tab back in the days when I was in Cebu every month (1998 to 2001) but now, after checking it out late last year, I find it very rundown and very much overpriced for what it is.

I agree with Mr H that it is in a very convenient location and his reasons for liking it are sound too EXCEPT for the over-priced rates. I also have had a some issues with the low-grade FLs who hang around Robinsons but that is another story.

IMHO, Waterfront (Lahug) and Parklane are much much better for me in terms of class and quality; they are closer to Ayala and I can get cheaper rates at either of them too. It is just as easy to get to the Mango bars from them as it is from Midtown.

I am just offering an alternative view of Cebu Midtown, and certainly not pissing on Mr H's opinion.I stayed at Allure hotel. I had girlfriends staying with me so no mongering. It is a very nice hotel in Manadau specifically banilid. New hotel only 9 months since opening.

Right now they have specials ar 1900 / night. Included is a nice buffett breakfast. There is a spa attached to the hotel. Rooms are clean. Very friendly staff and girl friendly. Location is little far from malls and mongering spots. But if you have a GF staying with you it is a pleasant hotel.

We went to the waterfront Lahug casino and while talking to a manager there he said right now they have specials for $90 / night.

Redman69
10-18-11, 16:55
On Adgoda for 51. 00 dollars a night. Was going to Parklane because I like it and the location. But when I saw 51. 00 no breakfest at the regency for 2 people I went for it. Good price. And there is a Thai massage legit place two blocks away. 225. 00 peso per hour. Broke down and did Regency. Just a FYI

Cuchulain
10-21-11, 04:11
Hey guys,

I was looking for a hotel room that has a jacuzzi in the room. I have found a few near the airport but would prefer midtown or ayala area or IT park or anywhere closer.

Thanks for the help.

X Man
10-21-11, 14:41
Oh, you found a few? Please tell us which places. I'm sure senior members will be answering your question soon, but as a newbie to Cebu, I wonder where these places would be. [

QUOTE=Cuchulain; 1208559]Hey guys,

I was looking for a hotel room that has a jacuzzi in the room. I have found a few near the airport but would prefer midtown or ayala area or IT park or anywhere closer.

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Tank Not Mt
10-22-11, 23:21
Any comments on The Marco Polo Plaza? Or the Radison Blu?