PDA

View Full Version : GF friendly hotels Yangon

Riverstar
01-01-11, 09:52
I know that the Panorama is GF friendly as I stayed there last year I am returning next month and would be grateful for any other reccomendations just in case they are full.

Thanks

RCA Knight
01-01-11, 13:58
Panorama is always very full, should reserve ahead of time. Nearby Asia Plaza, Central Hotel, Trader Hotel, all GF friendly, but all collect IDs when enter. A little away, Summit Parkview also GF.

Mayday14
01-02-11, 20:20
Another topic that doesn't merit it's own thread!

Majority of hotels are GF but may be picky over the type of ID, pink card is the official Government ID but many girls, especially in Emperor, may not have this (it's relatively expensive) so have so other form which hotel may or may not accept. Any girl I've taken from Music Club has had the proper ID and other places it may be possible for the girl to borrow/rent one (1-3k)

Sedona (and sometimes Grand Mee) has the reputation of being especially picky about this.

Golfinho
01-02-11, 21:44
I know that the Panorama is GF friendly as I stayed there last year I am returning next month and would be grateful for any other reccomendations just in case they are full.

ThanksAsia Plaza. Asia Plaza. Asia Plaza. Asia Plaza. Your date has no I'd? No problem. The friendly staff just informs you that the responsibility is on you. Up to you. To accept or not. Aisa Plaza. Unless you want or need something cheaper.

Katana57
05-08-11, 08:38
Hi Guys,

Which would you choose. Asia Plaza, or Central hotel.

Doppel One
05-09-11, 02:30
Hi Guys,

Which would you choose. Asia Plaza, or Central hotel. Central Hotel is NOT particularly girl friendly, in fact, I would avoid staying there again at all cost from a mongering perspective.

Member #2453
05-09-11, 12:59
Central Hotel is NOT particularly girl friendly, in fact, I would avoid staying there again at all cost from a mongering perspective.Green: Strand, Traders, Asia Plaza, Panorama.

Yellow / Red: Park Royal, Kandwaja Place

Cristal
05-14-11, 20:08
Green: Strand, ......The Strand?

Why on earth would a monger stay there?

At the insane tariff $200 / night, I can have a harem of 10 girls servicing my needs through out the night! LOL

Member #2453
05-15-11, 13:36
The Strand?

Why on earth would a monger stay there?

At the insane tariff $200 / night, I can have a harem of 10 girls servicing my needs through out the night! LOLWhy Not. If the Company Pays. They would surely not appreciate if I stay at Asia Plaza and save them some money.

Katana57
05-16-11, 01:21
Green: Strand, Traders, Asia Plaza, Panorama.

Yellow / Red: Park Royal, Kandwaja PlaceLooks like Asia Plaza or Panorama.

Last time, I stayed at the Park view, and was given a hard time about taking a girl back!

Cristal
05-16-11, 20:06
Why Not. If the Company Pays.Well said!

MoonSky1
11-23-11, 13:35
First Trip in 2010 I stayed in Thamada-Hotel.

I booked from home over travellagency. 20 nights for 432 Euro.

Small room with breakfast and 2 people.

Get Girl inside was no problem, if the stuff not see.

Once they call me back after I stayed allready in elevator with a girl.

If they see Lady, there was a hard procedure to get Lady inside.

She have to show I'd-Card, fill out a letter (Name, Adress,.) and sign it with a fingerprint.

Most freelancer-girls can't write, so some waiter fill it out for a tip.

It`s over 1 year ago, maybe there is a change now.

Hotel is at a one-way road, so taxi have to drive everytime a little more.

In front of Hotel is a outside restaurant, with good prices and friendly stuff, they not speak one word english.

And close like 95% auf the shops at 22:00 to 22:30.

There I meet a travellguide, he charge me 10 dollar a day. He was very friendly and talk good english.

But he tell me only bullshit-stories, thief me money and was not able to check me only one girl in almost 3 weeks.

He show me around in expensic stores.

Example, Massage shop little far. 2 hour 35 Dollar. I found alone by walking a shop for 45 minute 5000 Kyat. Other Shop "21".45 minute now 3000 Kyat.

Londry, one shirt 1000 Kyat, Jeans 2000. That`s to expensive, so we go by Taxi (4000 Kyat one way!) to a shop with same prices.

Later I found restaurant Lady, she want clean for free, but I prefer other place. One pack clothes 3000-4000 Kyat

Member #1453
11-30-11, 03:48
Any report on East Hotel? Looking at staying there in January. Is it GF (with double room booked)? Are waiters able to provide? Any massage lady available for play like the one under the bridge at the panorama? Any help much appreciated.

On The Road
06-20-12, 20:51
Hi all, I would like to have some updated information about girlfriendly hotels in Yangon.

I'm not looking for expensive. 5 stars hotels, but cheap and clean one.

Thanks.

Marrow
06-21-12, 18:14
Me too, cheapest possible, for a week or two.

On The Road
07-04-12, 14:38
Any news / info?

Any cheap girlfriendly hotel?

Thanks

Sarangdharp
07-05-12, 02:56
You can try East Hotel, around USD 60. You can book it on Agoda hotels site. Quite GF but it is a non-smoking hotel. Cheers.

Any news / info?

Any cheap girlfriendly hotel?

Thanks

Liggi1
07-05-12, 10:53
Is Parkroyal girlfriendly?

Pedro 917
07-05-12, 18:00
Is Parkroyal girlfriendly?Yes or at least it was 18 months ago. It's a nice set up with the Music Club downstairs with a large selection of girls.

If you decide to take one back to the room they register at the desk and leave their ID. You then get shaken down for $10 by the hotel, it would appear this is standard procedure and they will call your room when the girl leaves to check everything is OK with you, so really this is all in your interest and somehow seems to make it legit with the establishment.

The girls are all familiar with this procedure and it works well and smoothly!

So, the hotel may be at the top end of the price range but for a hassle free experience it takes some beating, my advice give it a go and Enjoy!

Pedro 917

Liggi1
07-15-12, 08:27
The Parkroyal now charege 20 US $ Joiner Fee. The ladies in the Music Pub downstairs want 100! US $.

In the Emporer the ladies want 40.000 Kyatt, but 30.000 Kyatt is OK.

I came back from Yangon yesterday.

Loso69
07-20-12, 20:38
I have a preference for serviced apartments. The GMER (The Grand Mee Ya Hta Executive Residences) quoted me 150 USD for a standard 1 BR apartment. Too rich for my blood. MiCasa Hotel Apartments are a more reasonable 92 USD, if you make the reservation through their website. Now let's see if I can convince the girls to cook me breakfast. LOL.

The Clover, East and Panda Hotels are non-smoking!

Loso

SailSingapore
07-26-12, 06:39
Yes or at least it was 18 months ago. It's a nice set up with the Music Club downstairs with a large selection of girls.

If you decide to take one back to the room they register at the desk and leave their I'd. You then get shaken down for $10 by the hotel, it would appear this is standard procedure and they will call your room when the girl leaves to check everything is OK with you, so really this is all in your interest and somehow seems to make it legit with the establishment.

The girls are all familiar with this procedure and it works well and smoothly!

So, the hotel may be at the top end of the price range but for a hassle free experience it takes some beating, my advice give it a go and Enjoy!

Pedro 917Senor Pedro : I am staying at The Governors Residence in Rangoon for 5 nights : is there any action at their bar? Is it a girl-friendly hotel?

Thanks

Pedro 917
07-28-12, 20:51
Senor Pedro : I am staying at The Governors Residence in Rangoon for 5 nights : is there any action at their bar? Is it a girl-friendly hotel?

ThanksHi SailSingapore.

I am afraid that I have only been to Yangon once and only for four days so I have no experience of any other hotels sorry!

I am contemplating another trip early next year so would be grateful if you could post about your experience in Governors Residence as I might be interested,

Thanks take care.

Pedro 917

SailSingapore
07-30-12, 05:18
Hi SailSingapore.

I am afraid that I have only been to Yangon once and only for four days so I have no experience of any other hotels sorry!

I am contemplating another trip early next year so would be grateful if you could post about your experience in Governors Residence as I might be interested,

Thanks take care.

Pedro 917Will do so Sir. Cheers.

Zenlove
07-30-12, 06:16
Will do so Sir. Cheers.The Governors Residence is not girl friendly. Sneaking a girl is quite difficult at the GR. I recommend Park Royal or Traders as the lobby is always crowded and one can mingle in with the crowd. Also in Park Royal the disco is a good pick up joint but the girls are on drugs and have started charging around $100. Sometimes these same girls hang out at the small mall next door around 7pm. If you can start a chitchat with them there the price can be lower. I took one for $60 and kept her as a steady partner all night thereafter for $100 per night. She could speak some English as she worked for a tour company, very presentable and most importantly a great performer. After her work with the tour company she would come to the hotel around 7pm and leave for work at 10am after enjoying the breakfast together. Some of the hotel front desk girls also can be negotiated I was told. Dollars and Euros has a tremendous following.

Jim Mac
07-30-12, 14:27
Does anyone know if the Alfa Hotel is girl friendly? Anyone stayed there? It seems reasonably priced on AsiaTravel compared to other hotels.

SailSingapore
10-07-12, 12:30
The Governors Residence is not girl friendly. Sneaking a girl is quite difficult at the GR. I recommend Park Royal or Traders as the lobby is always crowded and one can mingle in with the crowd. Also in Park Royal the disco is a good pick up joint but the girls are on drugs and have started charging around $100. Sometimes these same girls hang out at the small mall next door around 7pm. If you can start a chitchat with them there the price can be lower. I took one for $60 and kept her as a steady partner all night thereafter for $100 per night. She could speak some English as she worked for a tour company, very presentable and most importantly a great performer. After her work with the tour company she would come to the hotel around 7pm and leave for work at 10am after enjoying the breakfast together. Some of the hotel front desk girls also can be negotiated I was told. Dollars and Euros has a tremendous following.Yes. I stayed there 5 nights & NO chance of smuggling a WL in & way too many staff at one & only entrance.

I used Summer Motel (15, 000 kyat) just around the corner (NOT The Summer Palace Hotel) for my trysts : clean, accommodating, friendly.

Found a 19 year old 5'6" Mandalay spinner at JJ's with a great bod & fantastic attitude for dining then dancing (hip-hop mostly) then "together sleeping" : met her each night at 8 pm & we split up at about 1 am each night. Limited English skills but totally awesome & bold in bed.
Paid her 50,000 kyat a night for fun & frolic ...

Kenlim
10-09-12, 09:21
Yes. I stayed there 5 nights & NO chance of smuggling a WL in & way too many staff at one & only entrance.

I used Summer Motel (15, 000 kyat) just around the corner (NOT The Summer Palace Hotel) for my trysts : clean, accommodating, friendly.

Found a 19 year old 5'6" Mandalay spinner at JJ's with a great bod & fantastic attitude for dining then dancing (hip-hop mostly) then "together sleeping" : met her each night at 8 pm & we split up at about 1 am each night. Limited English skills but totally awesome & bold in bed.

Paid her 50, 000 kyat a night for fun & frolic.Taikor when you going again can I tag along me newbie la. Never been to mayanmar before. Thanks in advance if you allow me to.

Parnelli
10-11-12, 03:35
Planning on side trip from BKK and Pattaya around Nov 20. Never been to Burma. Most of recommended GF hotels such as East, Traders, etc. Are already booked 5+ weeks ahead. Park Royal, I think the name was, is available, but over $200, a little steep when I pay less than $50 in Thailand. I see Panda and Clover City are affordable and available. Anyone know if GF?

Biz99
10-18-12, 07:04
Planning on side trip from BKK and Pattaya around Nov 20. Never been to Burma. Most of recommended GF hotels such as East, Traders, etc. Are already booked 5+ weeks ahead. Park Royal, I think the name was, is available, but over $200, a little steep when I pay less than $50 in Thailand. I see Panda and Clover City are affordable and available. Anyone know if GF?I was there last week and stayed at the Central Hotel again. Buddy who stayed at Panda said that he would never go back.

Yangon hotels have gone crazy now. These rates are all double and triple what they were even 2 years ago. Just not enough rooms since things have opened up. Forget value comparisons to anywhere as the supply- demand is whacked.

Try a search for Yangon travel agents and you might find one who returns email. Otherwise, Agoda. It is going to be tough as we look to high season.

Monger1313
10-28-12, 00:58
The Governors Residence is not girl friendly. Sneaking a girl is quite difficult at the GR. I recommend Park Royal or Traders as the lobby is always crowded and one can mingle in with the crowd. Also in Park Royal the disco is a good pick up joint but the girls are on drugs and have started charging around $100. Sometimes these same girls hang out at the small mall next door around 7pm. If you can start a chitchat with them there the price can be lower. I took one for $60 and kept her as a steady partner all night thereafter for $100 per night. She could speak some English as she worked for a tour company, very presentable and most importantly a great performer. After her work with the tour company she would come to the hotel around 7pm and leave for work at 10am after enjoying the breakfast together. Some of the hotel front desk girls also can be negotiated I was told. Dollars and Euros has a tremendous following.Yes, this still works at the Park Royal; just left there.

Monger1313
10-28-12, 01:20
Justr left Rangoon after a nice stay at the Park Royal. There is a spa, very reasonably priced. Made a contact during an in-Spa foot massage ($20 for an hour). She suggested that I opt for an in-room body massage next day. That turned out to have been a very good move. We were both happy, I with the service and she with the tips. Saw her each day until I left. She implied that most of the otgher masseuses were also in the game. She was so petite and cute (plus decent English) that passed up the opportunity to test the thesis and stuck with her.

Daddy San
11-02-12, 18:33
Monger1313.

Park Royal is a great base for mongering. I stayed there in February 2011 for something like 70 USD a night.

Recently, the hotel prices seem to have gone through the roof.

How much die you pay and through which agency / channel did you book?

JohnnyVegas
11-23-12, 01:58
Yes. I stayed there 5 nights & NO chance of smuggling a WL in & way too many staff at one & only entrance.

Paid her 50, 000 kyat a night for fun & frolic.Good info. Sounds like you had a blast. So where would I find such a beauty like this?

SailSingapore
11-23-12, 05:09
Good info. Sounds like you had a blast. So where would I find such a beauty like this?Go to JJ's pick-up bar / restaurant / entertainment : go early at 8. 8:30 pm for best choice.

JohnnyVegas
11-23-12, 16:06
Monger1313.

Park Royal is a great base for mongering. I stayed there in February 2011 for something like 70 USD a night.

Recently, the hotel prices seem to have gone through the roof.

How much die you pay and through which agency / channel did you book?Yep. Now they're charging US$220 + tax, etc. WOW! And they're saying it's 5* Hotel!

SailSingapore
11-26-12, 05:42
Yep. Now they're charging US$220 + tax, etc. WOW! And they're saying it's 5* Hotel!Try Traders : may get a better deal and it is a better hotel for sure!

Otari
12-21-12, 04:18
Can you recommend any ST hotels in Yangoon?

What is the rate?

SailSingapore
12-22-12, 07:41
Can you recommend any ST hotels in Yangoon?

What is the rate?The best one I found is near Shwedagon Pagoda : it is called SUMMER MOTEL & the rate is 15, 000 kyat for ST. Do not confuse it with the much more expensive Summer Palace Hotel

It has aircon, tv & relatively clean with largish rooms.

Also has ice cold big bots of Myanmar beer in stock at about 2, 500 kyat

LifeIsABeach
12-24-12, 00:55
Monger1313.

Recently, the hotel prices seem to have gone through the roof?I am looking at Myanmar as my next mongering trip. Is Rangoon (Yangon) a big city?

I noticed some cheaper hotels away from the main now expensive hotels and clubs. Does it matter to stay away from the main drag?

Do the girls mind and would be easy to get back to hotels (I mean transportation)? I have not checked if the hotels are GF yet as that would be the next step.

Thanks for the help.

Joel Gardner
01-21-13, 09:12
Was recently in Burma and stayed at the Asia Plaza Hotel as my regular Park Royal was fully booked and also way too expensive. Walked a few distance away near the flyover and asked whether they know of anybody for massage. They said they will send someone in ten minutes but that did not happen. So went again and was lucky to see a MILF who was around and they requested her to which she obliged. She came to the hotel in 5 minutes as promised. Had a good time with her with massage and extras and could not go to the hilt as she was having her off day. Overall rating.

Looks: 8/10.

Body : 7/10.

Boobs: 6/10 32 D cups.

Pussy: hairy unshaved. Offered to shave her next time.

Price: USD 30 for 2 hrs.

WIR: Definetely yes as she has given me her contact Number

Richard Dawkins
01-28-13, 06:35
Excel Treasure hotel is a real dump and seriously expensive for what you get. Avoid it like the plague if you can find somewhere better. That said, it is very girl friendly. Brought 2 girls back, see my report in other thread. No need to register your guest or pay any kind of fee, just head straight to the elevator and up to your room. Hotel even has condoms in the mini-bar if you get caught without. It's about a 10 minute taxi ride to JJ Club or Emperor Club. Taxi should cost you 3000 Kyat (exchange rate is 830. 860 Kyat = 1 USD). Always taxis waiting just outside the hotel.

Tim Bone
02-01-13, 14:40
I did a search on Summit Parkview hotel where I will be staying later this month, and it's stated that it's GF even very GF. But in some older posts it says it has a joiner fee. Anyone with recent experience who can elaborate?

Tim Bone
02-12-13, 12:19
Can confirm myself, a 15USD joiner fee

Anzac
02-27-13, 12:46
Heading to Yangon next week and can see the temperatures pushing the 40c mark. Does anyone have a suggestion.

For a public swimming pool or a hotel that charges a nominal fee to use theirs?

Thanks.

Golfinho
02-27-13, 13:37
For a public swimming pool or a hotel that charges a nominal fee to use theirs?What's nominal? Cheap charlie's be lucky to get a bathtub they can afford in Yangon these days.

Anzac
02-28-13, 12:33
What's nominal? Cheap charlie's be lucky to get a bathtub they can afford in Yangon these days.Yeah thanks for the helpful reply. DH.

Sal1968
03-08-13, 03:45
Hi all, I'm planning a trip to Yangon in the very near future and currently booked at the Sedona. Is that a girl friendly hotel these days? And if ok to take girls to your room, do they charge anything extra for this? And if Sedona is not gf, what other similar hotels would you recommend. The Strand is not available and Traders has some availability, but for their most expensive rooms only.

Thanks in advance.

PcTools
03-11-13, 09:01
Just back from Yangon yesterday. Overall hotel is very pricey compared to other country e. G Cambodia. According to the locals there, previously the same hotel only cost you USD20 and now shoot up to USD120.

For cheaper one or for a quicky, Summer Motel is highly recommended. 15000 kyats for night time and whole day is 34000 kyats, but is bit far outside town area. No breakfast also. For those who plan going yangon can book hotel thru website which is cheaper. I stayed at New Ayer Hotel which what you see from the photo from their website is different from the actual environment. I recommend MGM hotel for value stay and is located near downtown. Easy access to everywhere and got sky KTV at level 2 and massage parlour next door only. Book online for cheaper rooms. Wifi in room too. Most importantly is GF. You can even arrange with the bellboy or the lift boy there for girls.

ChengC
03-27-13, 17:42
Just back from Yangon yesterday. Overall hotel is very pricey compared to other country e. G Cambodia. According to the locals there, previously the same hotel only cost you USD20 and now shoot up to USD120.

For cheaper one or for a quicky, Summer Motel is highly recommended. 15000 kyats for night time and whole day is 34000 kyats, but is bit far outside town area. No breakfast also. For those who plan going yangon can book hotel thru website which is cheaper. I stayed at New Ayer Hotel which what you see from the photo from their website is different from the actual environment. I recommend MGM hotel for value stay and is located near downtown. Easy access to everywhere and got sky KTV at level 2 and massage parlour next door only. Book online for cheaper rooms. Wifi in room too. Most importantly is GF. You can even arrange with the bellboy or the lift boy there for girls.Hi,

Can you please explain about the "night time"? When it starts? And for how many hours? And the exact location of this hotel?

PcTools
03-28-13, 01:37
Hi,

Can you please explain about the "night time"? When it starts? And for how many hours? And the exact location of this hotel?If you mean Summer Motel, I reached there around 11pm. So I think starts at 9pm maybe? And you can stay till breakfast time, around 9am I checked out. I can't pinpoint the exact location as its bit outskirt (residential area). Most taxi driver should knows.

ChengC
03-29-13, 08:00
If you mean Summer Motel, I reached there around 11pm. So I think starts at 9pm maybe? And you can stay till breakfast time, around 9am I checked out. I can't pinpoint the exact location as its bit outskirt (residential area). Most taxi driver should knows.Thanks!

Hope its price would go further up till I come!

ChengC
04-09-13, 23:24
Hello every monger!

I've found a hotel which is called "Royal White Elephant Hotel". It locates a bit out from city center, close to Inya lake, here's the website & address & phone number: http://www.rwehotel.com/index.htm

Address : No-11, Kan Street, HlaingTownship. 11051.

Yangon, Myanmar.

Tel : (+95-1) 500822, 503986, 539776.

Fax : (+95-1) 504112

A double room costs from MMK 35, 000 or USD 61 (the price in kyat is 1/3 less than in USD, wrong quoting?)

And currently they offer 50% off discount for all room prices! (from 13 16 apr.)

Hope anyone who tries out this place tell about it!

LifeIsABeach
04-21-13, 04:12
Hello guys,

While posting on Hotels, please do state if they are GF (girl friendly) or not. Can you bring a lady or ladies back to the hotel? Is there a joiner fee and also how much?

The price at the time will help too.

Thanks

ChengC
04-22-13, 14:52
Hello guys,

While posting on Hotels, please do state if they are GF (girl friendly) or not. Can you bring a lady or ladies back to the hotel? Is there a joiner fee and also how much?

The price at the time will help too.

ThanksWHY DON'T YOU GUYS JUST BOOK A "DOUBLE ROOM"?

The same question has been over and over repeated. Are everyone just so xxxb?

BionicMan
04-22-13, 16:44
WHY DON'T YOU GUYS JUST BOOK A "DOUBLE ROOM"?

The same question has been over and over repeated. Are everyone just so xxxb?You might even book for 6 but it depends on the hotel policy, still. Once in Dubai, I booked for two and in the eveni grey asked me for the passport of the second guest as they need to report to police (so maybe reporting different second guests every day might not be recommended). In Vietnam you may not take a Vietnamese girl in your room after 9pm, etc. So the booking might just cover the possible joiner fee, not the fact the hotel is GF.

LifeIsABeach
04-23-13, 05:46
You might even book for 6 but it depends on the hotel policy, still. Once in Dubai, I booked for two and in the eveni grey asked me for the passport of the second guest as they need to report to police (so maybe reporting different second guests every day might not be recommended). In Vietnam you may not take a Vietnamese girl in your room after 9pm, etc. So the booking might just cover the possible joiner fee, not the fact the hotel is GF.Totally agree. Booking double room does not mean anything. If WGs are not allowed, then it does not matter. If the Hotel allows WGs and you have a double room, you may get round the joiner fee if the hotel has one. Best to ask upfront then there are no issues later. There are the reasons I requested that mongers report on the hotel's policies.

Thanks

ChengC
04-23-13, 14:28
That would be totally unacceptable if the hotel asks some thing more from a double-room client! I remember some one from early reports (probably some time 2007?) claimed to have been charged ca. USD10 for the so called "joiner fee", further more he even paid another USD10 to have his WG allowed into breakfast buffet, and later learned that he could have just paid USD5 more for a double room which would include all further costs!

And from some reports some guys who paid for a double room tried to argue with reception after being asked for joiner fee and were later spared, after the reception checked their booking! Or maybe it was just simply fraud scam? Or misunderstanding caused by language barrier?

Fine, I'll find it out when I travel there as scheduled. Unfortunately cheating is common practice here in Asia (I'm from here too! But I might be much less vulnerable since I resemble Asian!)

There aren't too many choices of hotel in Yangon since the rise of prices (mostly above USD200!) , but there should be some places where the "locals" go, and pay "local" prices! For those places the "joiner fee" would sound some "unfamiliar"!

BionicMan
04-23-13, 16:27
That would be totally unacceptable if the hotel asks some thing more from a double-room client! I remember some one from early reports (probably some time 2007?) claimed to have been charged ca. USD10 for the so called "joiner fee", further more he even paid another USD10 to have his WG allowed into breakfast buffet, and later learned that he could have just paid USD5 more for a double room which would include all further costs!

And from some reports some guys who paid for a double room tried to argue with reception after being asked for joiner fee and were later spared, after the reception checked their booking! Or maybe it was just simply fraud scam? Or misunderstanding caused by language barrier?

Fine, I'll find it out when I travel there as scheduled. Unfortunately cheating is common practice here in Asia (I'm from here too! But I might be much less vulnerable since I resemble Asian!)

There aren't too many choices of hotel in Yangon since the rise of prices (mostly above USD200!) , but there should be some places where the "locals" go, and pay "local" prices! For those places the "joiner fee" would sound some "unfamiliar"!You can't say that. A double-room might be for single use, if there is a breakfast included you may have to pay for a second breakfast even if you are eating alone (don't think that they graciously give breakfasts for free. It is in the room rate anyhow!)

I for one prefer a double bed, regardless if I plan to bring a girl back or not. And in many countries I do not, so I demand for a double bed or king bed just for its size.

Hotels are run also for non-mongers.

Recently I booked a room for a layover of 7hrs (flight was around 3am) with a friend of mine (a guy) and we had a twin bed room.

When talking to the bell boy, he said,"there is no disco in this hotel, it is a family hotel" LOL.

Another guy got his plane delayed by 4hrs and he came by to have a shower. (hey. Ti wasa not a gay party!) and at the end we were 3 in the (twin bed) room.

I am sure that if I was to bring a girl in (me and her) they might have objected.

LifeIsABeach
04-24-13, 06:59
During my last trip to Phillipines and Cambodia last year, on the last night when I got back to Manila from Cambodia for the flight back, I booked at a hotel in Manila to just sleep as the flight came in late at 4 in the morning. I was flying out to USA that evening. I had booked a single room. The room was big but the bed was the smallest bed I have seen. It was the size that children sleep on. I was too tired to go downstairs and complain. I spent most of the night falling off the bed. In the morning I complained and they said that I should have booked a duble room for a normal size bed! I had no such problem in Cambodia or Angeles City. It was that hotel. So, be careful and do not assume anything.

James Dean 2
05-18-13, 09:24
Just back from yangoon.

One of my worries before going was whether my hotel will be GF. Posting so others can benefit.

Clover City centre hotel is totally GF.

If you book a double room there is no joiner fee etc.

My room was without breakfast so they did'nt care about another mouth to feed in the morning.

The reception is manned by young girls in the day time so you might feel uncomfortable asking etc.

The night is manned by guys and they are pretty open and accommodating.

The hotel is right behind "traders" and walking distance to Emperor's club.

The taxi back is 2000 Kyats.

On a side note, emperoro club is just as described by the other posts here.

30, 000 for overnight if you don't mind haggling a bit. They do start at 40/50 but fine with 30 eventually.

The mamasan always speaks english and you can clarify all your doubts.

For me I always confirm BBBJ, # of pops allowed and what time they leave in the morning.

I had a good time at Emperor's. Wish you the same!

ChengC
05-19-13, 00:49
Just back from yangoon.

One of my worries before going was whether my hotel will be GF. Posting so others can benefit.

Clover City centre hotel is totally GF.

If you book a double room there is no joiner fee etc.

My room was without breakfast so they did'nt care about another mouth to feed in the morning.

The reception is manned by young girls in the day time so you might feel uncomfortable asking etc.

The night is manned by guys and they are pretty open and accommodating.

The hotel is right behind "traders" and walking distance to Emperor's club.

The taxi back is 2000 Kyats.

On a side note, emperoro club is just as described by the other posts here.

30, 000 for overnight if you don't mind haggling a bit. They do start at 40/50 but fine with 30 eventually.

The mamasan always speaks english and you can clarify all your doubts.

For me I always confirm BBBJ, # of pops allowed and what time they leave in the morning.

I had a good time at Emperor's. Wish you the same!How much you paid for a double room?

Thanks!

ChengC
05-19-13, 17:16
How much you paid for a double room?

Thanks!I've got the price already from AGODA.

But please tell me, which club you went to?

Thanks!

Asian Summer
05-19-13, 20:01
Thank you for your information, Mr. Dean!

Have you stayed at Clover or Clover City Center? For July I booked a double room in Clover City Center already via Agoda. I have read that the City Center is GF, too.

Joel Gardner
05-24-13, 11:47
Was in Yangon recently stayed at the Panorama. While walking around the lady under the flyover volunteered to give a massage. Decided to give it a try. The massage was good as compared to the price which was 5000Kyat. Extras also available. Was also helped by the room boys later on with a model like lady. This one was not girl friendly and was waste and expensive.

James Dean 2
06-23-13, 18:35
I stayed at Clover.

Both the hotels are next to each other. Same owner I would guess.

Cannot confirm if city centre is GF but I would guess yes.

Have fun

Thank you for your information, Mr. Dean!

Have you stayed at Clover or Clover City Center? For July I booked a double room in Clover City Center already via Agoda. I have read that the City Center is GF, too.

James Dean 2
06-23-13, 18:37
All the clubs mentioned in the forum here.

My favourite was Emperor.

I've got the price already from AGODA.

But please tell me, which club you went to?

Thanks!

SailSingapore
06-24-13, 06:41
All the clubs mentioned in the forum here.

My favourite was Emperor.The other good club is JJ ENTERTAINMENT

Skittels2
07-03-13, 20:55
Reading the last remark regarding the Panorama hotel and the model is the Panorama gf friendly or not? Will be there end of the month a couple of times with a tour.

Any info regarding Mandalay Kalew or Bagan?

Thanks in advance

Joel Gardner
07-10-13, 10:48
Reading the last remark regarding the Panorama hotel and the model is the Panorama gf friendly or not? Will be there end of the month a couple of times with a tour.

Any info regarding Mandalay Kalew or Bagan?

Thanks in advancePanorama Hotel is girl friendly. If you need, you can talk to some of the room boys, they will arrange according to your needs but always bargain the price and do not overpay.

Skittels2
07-10-13, 15:43
Panorama Hotel is girl friendly. If you need, you can talk to some of the room boys, they will arrange according to your needs but always bargain the price and do not overpay.Thanks Joel,

Any Guidelines for St. Lt price and a tip for the boys?

With à bit of luck I will be 4 nights in that place.

Skittels2
07-11-13, 08:12
I have booked a double room a fake but I am in a tour package.

Does the Panorama charge a joiner fee for st vs lt?

Or do those room, boys bypass all that.

Don't want to get awkward situations with my female tour guide LOL.

Ramon Pillar
07-15-13, 18:15
Stayed in cover city center took double room no breakfast so no problem completely GF just took document of girl went to Emperor and JJ and JJ is a lot better 40000 lt both places girls so sweet so treat them well!

NormanBrightside
08-11-13, 16:15
Stayed in cover city center took double room no breakfast so no problem completely GF just took document of girl went to Emperor and JJ and JJ is a lot better 40000 lt both places girls so sweet so treat them well!Completely agree Ramon. Even with a bad experience still preferred the JJ centre and also thought the girls were really sweetin and possible to make a nice connection with them which always helps the experience. While the cost of travel and hotels is expensive and the scene itself is not nearly as developed as somewhere like Thailand, the people have a warmth and generosity that really endeared them to me. I would definitely visit again.

John Traveller
08-14-13, 17:49
Spent a few nights in Rangoon in July. Hotel New Ayelar and Hotel MGM are both gff. If you have PAID for a double room no joiner fee is required. New Ayelar is the best of the two, but costs 50 bucks, MGM costs 27. These are prices on Agoda, walk-in prices are higher. One of the floors in MGM are renovated and has nice rooms, but this hotel has a noise problem and is being renovated.

JohnnyVegas
08-16-13, 14:52
Anyone have any problems with Traders' being Girl Friendly? I figured I would stay somewhere nice but don't want to have any hassles. I remember reading there's a good disco there to find WGs. So it's only an elevator ride away? For my second night probably JJ. I'll report back on both. What about some DAYTIME action. Any suggestions for soapies, massage parlors, BJ bars, escorts, etc?

Thanks guys. Let me know if anyone will be in town early Sept and we can be wingmen!

DmxFourLife
09-01-13, 12:36
Hi guys! Please let me know traders or Park Royal.

Need something easy like go down from your room. Have few drinks choose a girl come up! Bang.

Go down have some food and drinks! Choose a girl come up and again bang.

DmxFourLife
09-01-13, 12:38
Hi guys,

Tranders or Park Royal?

Need something easy.

Go down pick a girl come up and bang.

Again go down pick a new girl come up and bang.

Joyra
09-10-13, 14:58
hi guys,

go down pick a girl come up and bang.

Again go down pick a new girl come up and bang.park royal!

Joyra
09-10-13, 15:16
Stayed at The Grand Mee Ya Hta in the downtown, very near to Traders and Park Royal.

They have very well appointed apartment for USD 150 per night. Absolutely girl friendly. On certain nights I called for 5 girls to choose from and the reception just called me to inform that 5 ladies are going to my room. I had thought that they would object to it, but then it was a pleasant surprise.

Checked in in the morning, was very tired due to night flying, checked the room and saw a menu from the massage centre, called them and they promptly sent a girl to the room for body massage. Girl was good. 2minutes into the massage and she asked me if I wanted a hand job. I said NO, I would be interested in boom boom. She quoted me USD 50 for a bang. Finally we agreed at USD 30. Well, she just lowered her trouser and asked me to start fucking. No way dear, you need to take them out completely. She refused. I said bye bye. Just paid the massage charges and the tip.

Had some good fun in the night. Would post in the next report.

Cheers!

Ontheknox
10-10-13, 14:32
Stayed at The Grand Mee Ya Hta in the downtown, very near to Traders and Park Royal.

They have very well appointed apartment for USD 150 per night. Absolutely girl friendly. On certain nights I called for 5 girls to choose from and the reception just called me to inform that 5 ladies are going to my room. I had thought that they would object to it, but then it was a pleasant surprise.

Checked in in the morning, was very tired due to night flying, checked the room and saw a menu from the massage centre, called them and they promptly sent a girl to the room for body massage. Girl was good. 2minutes into the massage and she asked me if I wanted a hand job. I said NO, I would be interested in boom boom. She quoted me USD 50 for a bang. Finally we agreed at USD 30. Well, she just lowered her trouser and asked me to start fucking. No way dear, you need to take them out completely. She refused. I said bye bye. Just paid the massage charges and the tip.

Had some good fun in the night. Would post in the next report.

Cheers!Hi Joyra,

Please let me know how to book The Grand Mee Ya Hta. Its website is not working. Even Agoda, I could not find.

Cheers

Hilo77
10-15-13, 03:59
Looks like Traders just got a little less friendly.

From the beeb:

"An explosion has shaken one of the most prestigious hotels in Burma's main city Rangoon, say police.

One American guest was reportedly injured in the blast at the Trader's Hotel. There was little sign of damage to the outside of the building."

Digits
11-19-13, 21:15
No mention of MK Hotel in Yangon that I came across on this thread. Has anyone stayed there? Any feedback?

Golfinho
11-19-13, 21:36
No mention of MK Hotel in Yangon that I came across on this thread. Has anyone stayed there? Any feedback?Yes. This one is OK. It is too new to have developed clientele whereby they would have immediately increased price. The reality of Myanmar at present. At 85$ US a night, probably your best bet if you are a no money guy, seeking basic standard and GFriendly, especially now with SE Asian games and high season begins.

Digits
11-20-13, 17:26
Thanks Golfinho. I am attending a conference for most of the week at the Strand. I am extending for another three days on my own to see around town. Not looking for anything fancy (certainly not at $300 / night) , as long as it is very clean, and with good WiFi. MK seems like a good bet. Thanks again for the quick feedback.

Yes. This one is OK. It is too new to have developed clientele whereby they would have immediately increased price. The reality of Myanmar at present. At 85$ US a night, probably your best bet if you are a no money guy, seeking basic standard and GFriendly, especially now with SE Asian games and high season begins.

ConquerorVal
12-24-13, 12:09
Stayed at the Hotel Grand United-Chinatown which turned out very well for me considering my restrictions. Traveling with SO / family allows me for only short time excursions. This location worked out perfectly as it is less than five minutes walk away from the Ambassador club. I was able to arrange a short time tryst from here (on that later). So for people with limited freedom of movement and time, and being ok with the Ambassador I highly recommend this place. The club also opens relatively early. I also wanted to visit the Pioneer club, but unfortunately it does not open until 10:00 pm. Try to explain that to the wife.

In terms of girl friendly, I am not sure. The reception is on the fourth floor, and usually at the main entrance there is always somebody hanging around. When I returned from the club / excursion at around 11:30, the security for lack of a better word was already sleeping on a cot. I suspect it would not be a problem. Also, relatively speaking the hotel is very reasonable. For the three of us it was about $75. 00 / night including breakfast and free wifi.

ConquerorVal
12-24-13, 15:49
walk away from the Ambassador club…. being ok with the Ambassador?????.Don't know where I got this name, but I was referring to the Emperor Club. There is no Ambassador club best to my knowledge. Sorry.

Scorchin
12-24-13, 16:03
Anyone have any problems with Traders' being Girl Friendly? I figured I would stay somewhere nice but don't want to have any hassles. I remember reading there's a good disco there to find WGs. So it's only an elevator ride away? For my second night probably JJ. I'll report back on both. What about some DAYTIME action. Any suggestions for soapies, massage parlors, BJ bars, escorts, etc?

Thanks guys. Let me know if anyone will be in town early Sept and we can be wingmen!I recall one or two readily available ladies in the foyer. As in all of Myanmar I am certain $5 to Security will resolve any problems.

ConquerorVal
12-25-13, 04:13
Visited Traders last week for their lunch buffet, and there was significant security at the entrance x-raying bags and scrutinizing guests. Not sure whether its because of the SEA games or recent bombing.

ConquerorVal
01-07-14, 17:29
Walked by Traders today and security is still on. Must be because of the bombing as the SEA games have finished. Also, met a fellow monger at the Emperor Club last night (more on that later) who was staying at the same hotel as me and my family-the Grand United and he took a girl with him back to his room. So I assume its girl friendly. I timed it, and the Grand United is less than five minute walk from the Emperor-convenient.

LifeIsABeach
01-08-14, 03:23
Walked by Traders today and security is still on. Must be because of the bombing as the SEA games have finished. Also, met a fellow monger at the Emperor Club last night (more on that later) who was staying at the same hotel as me and my family-the Grand United and he took a girl with him back to his room. So I assume its girl friendly. I timed it, and the Grand United is less than five minute walk from the Emperor-convenient.Hi, what is the hotel like and rate / night?

ConquerorVal
01-11-14, 10:04
Hi, what is the hotel like and rate / night?All accommodation in Myanmar is poor value. Grand United has two locations-I chose Chinatown because where there is Chinatown pussy action is not far. The rooms are small, basic, and clean with pretty good free wi-fi and acceptable breakfast. Getting around the city in a taxi will cost you anything from 1000 to 3000 kyat, which is dirt cheap. Because, I went during the high season the cost was about $80. 00 US with taxes, breakfast included. Other acceptable options were significantly more costly. The only drawback is the street noise and the windows are not sound insulated. Its a very lively part of the city. Both times I went to visit the Emperor Club, coming back at around 11:30 pm, the doorman was already in deep sleep on his cot. It has a pretty good rating on the Tripadvisor.

Tim Bone
02-09-14, 05:50
I'm there. Still a 15$ joiner fee. And they really scrutinize the girl's ID. The one I brought back from Emperor Friday had had an old paper version one and was questioned for a while before the reception was convinced it was hers. Last year I had a girl turned back when the ID wasn't accepted. Saw it happen to a Japanese guest the day before as well.

Golfinho
02-09-14, 19:55
I'm there. Still a 15$ joiner fee. And they really scrutinize the girl's ID. The one I brought back from EmperReally? Really scrutinize.

Only reason to stay at Parkview, stale and staid that it is albeit with good breakfast spread, if you're getting up for it, is for proximity to Pioneer. I. O. O. The best place in town, that is unless you are here solely for a fish barrel shoot, of the poor, semi-enslaved girl variety if that's your sport a la The Emperor. Pioneer gets going after midnight. For beer, it is draft only, yet they are now permitting you to enjoy chewing gum in the club. Yes, the changes in Myanmar are for real. Pioneer might not be the place for lower level sex tourist dreks, I. E. Mongers on a budget. But many girls here are freelance, as opposed to the Emperor brothel. Pioneer frequented by the Yangon 'elite', I. E. The priviliged and useless offspring of the general staff. Converse, interact, socialize, get to know the country you're visiting, make friends, and take home a date. It's still small money.

Steven007
03-13-14, 17:40
Is the AGGA Youth hotel is girl friendly. I booked it because it is budget rated.

SteelBaton
06-07-14, 04:47
Traders, was rechristened the Shangri-La after a decent refreshing of the rooms and reopened in May 2014. This was the hotel that had the bomb go off in one of the rooms a few months ago. The hotel has responded appropriately and forcefully. But it makes the place a lot less girl-friendly than before. Now everyone has to go through a metal detector and everything has to be x-rayed. There are uniformed guards. At the lifts, which before you could just ride up to any floor with a girl are now staffed with security guard desk and a sign that says registered guests only. During my stay I still brought 3 girls up to the room but it involved more interactions with hotel staff and guards than I'd have liked. So it is still GF but a lot less so and in the future I won't stay here. If you are staying there and the girl has an I'd you probably won't have a problem, but who know when they will change their policies. Eventually they will.

Golfinho
06-09-14, 13:21
So it is still GF but a lot less so and in the future I won't stay here. If you are staying there and the girl has an I'd you probably won't have a problem, but who know when they will change their policies. Eventually they will.Can be predicted as a trend these policies. New hotels recently opened, some are charging joiner fees, 10 to 20 USD. Will see what happens when the Novotel comes on line, but definitely they will be looking for a different clientele than the demographic here.

So, the good news is: amongst the GF new ones are Diamond Crown, Bahosi, Wardan. And the old favorite Panda. Rates are from 70-100 USD, all are solid choices, and all located outside but near enough walkable to the Chinatown, and also near actual restaurants.

Bucu Travel
06-11-14, 12:43
Are there any new informations about the Parkroyal Hotel? I'll be there in August.

Pelosky
06-16-14, 21:07
Traders, was rechristened the Shangri-La after a decent refreshing of the rooms and reopened in May 2014. This was the hotel that had the bomb go off in one of the rooms a few months ago. The hotel has responded appropriately and forcefully. But it makes the place a lot less girl-friendly than before. Now everyone has to go through a metal detector and everything has to be x-rayed. There are uniformed guards. At the lifts, which before you could just ride up to any floor with a girl are now staffed with security guard desk and a sign that says registered guests only. During my stay I still brought 3 girls up to the room but it involved more interactions with hotel staff and guards than I'd have liked. So it is still GF but a lot less so and in the future I won't stay here. If you are staying there and the girl has an I'd you probably won't have a problem, but who know when they will change their policies. Eventually they will.Many thanks for this, as I was wondering what the current situation was. Apart from the unwanted 'interactions' with hotel staff and guards, were you charged a joiner fee? For me this is the major turndown of the Parkroyal, especially considering that room rates are very high at present. I also believe that at the Parkroyal no I'd no go. You have to register the girl and you have to pay the fee to bring her up. Not sure how friendly the Shangri-La was before. Many years ago, one girl mentioned that if you wanted to bring back two girls you could do so at the Parkroyal (then Sofitel I think) but not at the Traders / Shangri-la. The advantages of the Parkroyal are free entry to the Music Club (for those who care) and the staff won't be surprised if you come back with a friend. But still you have to pay. The Shangri-La seems to be the better hotel of the two, although they might be less familiar with your new found friends and may make things more complicated.

Finally, given that you stayed at the Shangri-La but not eager to go back, which hotel (s) would you consider as an alternative for your next stay? I was (and still am) undecided between Parkroyal and the Shangri-La but do welcome any input on similarly rated places to stay, GF and if possible not too far from the centre.

Thanks again for your help. I'm definitely tempted to stay at the Parkroyal by now.

Boeing 787
06-18-14, 17:16
The Grand United hotel Chinatown in Yangon is 100% girl-friendly. I have just bring one girl each time, (no threesome) no problem, the girls had just to leave her ID card at the guard.

AgentOrange
09-14-14, 12:49
I echo Beijing 787 on Hotel Grand United (Chinatown) being girl-friendly. The good thing about it you can go straight to your room without passing reception. Emperor is also within walking distance.

SteelBaton
10-07-14, 15:39
I might have too many sheets to the wind, but I believe that I stopped by the PR and found that the Music Club was gone and was now a family restaurant or something. At any rate I struck it off my list. There is no joiner charge at the Shang, and there should not be for the price you pay!

Many thanks for this, as I was wondering what the current situation was. Apart from the unwanted 'interactions' with hotel staff and guards, were you charged a joiner fee? For me this is the major turndown of the Parkroyal, especially considering that room rates are very high at present. I also believe that at the Parkroyal no I'd no go. You have to register the girl and you have to pay the fee to bring her up. Not sure how friendly the Shangri-La was before. Many years ago, one girl mentioned that if you wanted to bring back two girls you could do so at the Parkroyal (then Sofitel I think) but not at the Traders / Shangri-la. The advantages of the Parkroyal are free entry to the Music Club (for those who care) and the staff won't be surprised if you come back with a friend. But still you have to pay. The Shangri-La seems to be the better hotel of the two, although they might be less familiar with your new found friends and may make things more complicated.

Finally, given that you stayed at the Shangri-La but not eager to go back, which hotel (s) would you consider as an alternative for your next stay? I was (and still am) undecided between Parkroyal and the Shangri-La but do welcome any input on similarly rated places to stay, GF and if possible not too far from the centre.

Thanks again for your help. I'm definitely tempted to stay at the Parkroyal by now.

Asian Summer
10-29-14, 18:17
I was in the Summer 2014 in the Parkroyal. At the entrance there is a inspection of all items and a review of the ID card. The girl has to register at the front desk, the room number is required, too. Everything else is easy. The hotel is very nice but also very expensive, the breakfast is fantastic. It's a good place to relax. If you need to pay attention to the money, there are better alternatives.

Oceani
01-01-15, 23:42
I echo Beijing 787 on Hotel Grand United (Chinatown) being girl-friendly. The good thing about it you can go straight to your room without passing reception. Emperor is also within walking distance.I'm headed to Yangon and I'm hoping to find a hotel there that won't maintain a record of my having brought a girl back to my room. Do you think Hotel Grand United might be a good choice? From what you're saying, it sounds like a girl wouldn't have to leave her I'd with reception and call up to my room.

Golfinho
01-02-15, 02:45
I'm headed to Yangon and I'm hoping to find a hotel there that won't maintain a record of my having brought a girl back to my room. Do you think Hotel Grand United might be a good choice? From what you're saying, it sounds like a girl wouldn't have to leave her I'd with reception and call up to my room.Doubtful. Unlikely. Perhaps, if you arrived late (Yangon late after 11:30) and she departs early (5 am), depends on the boys at the door and if you've talked to them and tipped in advance. Before last year, ID. Checks were lax at the Grand United, since they've opened their two other hotels, things have gotten more regulated / professionalized. But, what's your care, just have the Mamasan give the girl a fake ID.

Oceani
01-02-15, 03:18
I was in the Summer 2014 in the Parkroyal. At the entrance there is a inspection of all items and a review of the ID card. The girl has to register at the front desk, the room number is required, too. Everything else is easy. The hotel is very nice but also very expensive, the breakfast is fantastic. It's a good place to relax. If you need to pay attention to the money, there are better alternatives.I've stayed at the Parkroyal. Very nice hotel. Great food, nice pool area for central Yangon. I'd like to stay there and find a new girl at the basement pickup club (Music Club) each night. But I don't like how PR not only keeps a female visitor's card at the reception desk, they also make her declare what room she's headed to.

Doesn't the hotel probably maintain a record of which customers were visited by girls? What's to stop them from passing that info on to the Burmese gov't? Let's say the govt wants to get dirt on the companies customers work for, that sort of thing.

I wouldn't be so paranoid about this issue if it were Thailand. But with the Burmese gov't and its relationship with the big hotels and with the commercial sex scene in general, I just can't tell.

Anyone have thoughts / insights about this?

Oceani
01-02-15, 04:52
Doubtful. Unlikely. Perhaps, if you arrived late (Yangon late after 11:30) and she departs early (5 am), depends on the boys at the door and if you've talked to them and tipped in advance. Before last year, ID. Checks were lax at the Grand United, since they've opened their two other hotels, things have gotten more regulated / professionalized. But, what's your care, just have the Mamasan give the girl a fake ID.But does Grand United keep track of what room a girl is going to? I just want there to be no paper trail.

Golfinho
01-02-15, 10:34
I wouldn't be so paranoid about this issue if it were Thailand. But with the Burmese gov't and its relationship with the big hotels and with the commercial sex scene in general, I just Anyone have thoughts / insights about this?What about the Burmese gov't relationship with the hotels, 'commercial sex scene'? Care to share your insights? Otherwise, you are beyond paranoid and shouldn't even be partaking if you are so frightened.

It has been more than several years now since Burmese girls could not be caught out in the street after dark with foreigner without risking nasty visit to a police station. But even back then, where was the onus on the customer? This is Asia where you can be as much a man as you want, unless you're too afraid or don't know how. Have a visit to the Pioneer, meet some of your Burmese peers, share your concerns and get laughed at. BTW, the Music Club is over, you'll have to actually venture outside the Park Royal front door to find yourself a date if you stay there.

Oceani
01-02-15, 17:28
BTW, the Music Club is over, you'll have to actually venture outside the Park Royal front door to find yourself a date if you stay there.Did the place close down? I was there in 2013. Not that amazing an experience, but that was really because I didn't know what I was doing.

I thought I saw some online comments a month ago suggesting that Music see was still the same as ever, but maybe I read wrong. I wouldn't want to drop 180 bucks per night on the PR, only to find that the club is gone. The PR's a nice hotel, but a fair rate for what it offers would be, maybe, 130 usd, so to me the presence of the club was the only thing justifying the higher rate. Much thanks for pointing this out.

So, are there any hotels left in Yangon with a pickup spot in the same building? I guess I'm just lazy (in addition to paranoid). Plus, I go to SEA in the summer, when it's humid as hell.

I've read that the Irish-style bar at Sedona used to function as a pickup spot for FLs at some point -- but I can't find any info about that recently, so maybe that operation shut down.

Thanks for your reply. I actually loved Yangon (a lot of commenters here seem to think it's just a stinking hole), and I think if I spent more time there my paranoia would go away.

Golfinho
01-03-15, 15:13
Did the place close down? I was there in 2013. Not that amazing an experience, but that was really because I didn't know what I was doing.Bar under the Park Royal is now called like Club 5, Nostalgia place or something. Don't bother.

Pick up place? Where do you think this is, your hometown? Try under the Ponsodan Street bridge, next to the Ruby Mart. Saturday mornings, or after local paydays for best selection.

Oceani
01-03-15, 19:53
Bar under the Park Royal is now called like Club 5, Nostalgia place or something. Don't bother..Thanks for the info. Seriously, you've saved me quite a lot of money with the warning about Music Club. I think I might just stay at International Yangon Hotel and try Pioneer. That was the one part of town I didn't get to last time.

Thanks too for talking sense about paranoia.

Tercar 66
01-19-15, 12:31
Hi guys,

Just returned from Yangoon and this is my report.

Stayed in Royal park hotel for USD 200 per night, if you need a cheaper option then check in at Thamada hotel just next to Park Royal for USD 65 per night. Good hotel with breakfast and safe in the room. They allow girls in the room taking their ID card. The only problem is that will not call you when the lady will leave to check if every thing is okay. You can leave instructions if you wish as the reception to let you know when the girl leaves.

Anyway now about my stay at Royal park hotel. After checking in went for a SPA for USD 25 for one hour. She allowed me to touch her everywhere but wanted extra USD 30 for handjob. They come to your room at the same rate. At night went to the bar below the hotel called Club 5. They do not have cover charge for hotel residents but for outsiders they charge USD 12 with one drink. They have a live Filipino band, on Sunday there is no cover charge and no live band. Just drink and pick up. Excellent quality of girls, they will not go lower than 100 USD, but managed to negotiate one very good babe for USD 80 for 2 pops.

The next day went to Pioneer. USD 7 for entrance including one drink, good selection of girls, picked up one for USD 80 for full night.

The third night went to Sedona hotel. USd 12 cover charge, lousy babes. Did not waste time there when to DJ bar. They charge USD 10 for entrance, good quality girls, got one luckily for USD 50 for the night.

The forth night want to Olympic hotel for a massage. They charge USD 8 for traditional body massage. Not worth a visit. Then went to Emperor. USD 5 cover charge with on drink. They too have a few good ones but they don't speak English, they start from USD 60 for the night.

Yangoon is a safe place to hang around and monger at night and the best places to pick up is Royal park hotel, Pioneer and DJ bar.

Have fun, until next time and next country.

Cheers

Cucumber
01-27-15, 04:53
Stayed at Grand United Hotel Chinatown recently. about 90 USD per night. Rooms are clean, but there is a l o t of noise from the street and basically the standard is upper backpacking level. On the other hand you are in the thick of it and there is a lot of interesting life on the street.

Cucumber
01-29-15, 16:14
This hotel is very definitely girl friendly. It is a tall narrow building (9 floors? The reception is on the 4 rth floor, and there is only a totally non-interventionistguard at the entrance. From the entrance you take the lift directly to your floor without any need to even pass by the reception. It is about 6 minutes walk from Emperor (which I would however say is overrated). I suspect there are a lot of other options around in the neighbourhood, but I am not aware of them.

Cucumber
01-29-15, 21:54
Took a girl into Chatrium. No extra fee, but they wanted I'd, and the lady at the reception didn't believe it was authentic and started asking the girl lots of control questions. She was definitely not [CodeWord902] (http://isgprohibitedwords.info?CodeWord=CodeWord902), so it wasn't about that and she was quite decently dressed so it wasn't about that either. One also has to sign a form confirming that one took a guest in. Since she was so skeptical about the girl, she also made me write explicitly on the I'd that "I take responsibility for taking the guest to the room". It ended up as a bit of a discussion. If you are going to monger and don't enjoy that kind of thing then stay away from Chatrium.

Oceani
02-06-15, 22:37
The next day went to Pioneer. USD 7 for entrance including one drink, good selection of girls, picked up one for USD 80 for full night.Did you stay at that hotel next to Pioneer? International, I think? Decent place? Any hassles?

BigSwingingDon
03-28-15, 04:44
Note long ago I had two clients, one who used the Asia Plaza and one who used Shangri-La hotels for seeing girls. Here are the pros and cons.

Same at both:

Girls are allowed into guests room but hotel must see girls IDs.

Asia Plaza.

Cost: $60 if you book online with Agoda; $80 if you just show up.

Pros:

- lower price.

- easy to bring girls in without too much embarrassment since the hotel lobby is small, but it usually has tourists hanging about.

- good location.

Cons:

- not super nice compared to a 4 or 5 star.

- they will charge you for each girl (usually $25). So if you have one girl in the afternoon, that's $25 and then a different one in the evening, that's another $25. And, you have to pay before the girl can go to the room. If you pay for a double room to begin with the first girl will be free but they usually charge for the next.

Shangri-la / Traders.

Cost: $225 or more depending on the season.

Pros:

- nice rooms.

- no extra charge for the girl. Can bring as many as you want so long as you don't attract too much attention.

- the hotel is a 5 star and probably doesn't want any bad publicity, so it is unlikely that they would allow any police to bust into your room. Once they have allowed the girl to go with you, you probably have some protection. The owners and managers would be well connected to local Burmese people.

- good location.

Cons:

- bringing a girl through the lobby is a walk of shame since there are lots of western tourists and businessmen, they will all look and know what's happening. However, if you have a local guide (like me) the guide can bring the girl directly to your room.

- the hotel is 5 star and probably someday they will stop allowing girls into the hotel.

- you and the girl have to pass through security and a metal detector with guards, sometimes there is a line of guests waiting to get in and you have to wait in this line. (A guide can do this for you if you don't want to stand there with the girl).

Other options: Some clients have asked about a hotel that won't take down the girls information. I am trying to find a 2 or 3 star hotel where that is possible. So far no luck.

Here are some photos, the 3rd one is the security at the Shangri-La.

JerryRao64
07-06-15, 09:28
Note long ago I had two clients, one who used the Asia Plaza and one who used Shangri-La hotels for seeing girls. Here are the pros and cons.

Same at both:

Girls are allowed into guests room but hotel must see girls IDs.

Asia Plaza.

Cost: $60 if you book online with Agoda; $80 if you just show up.

Pros:

- lower price.

- easy to bring girls in without too much embarrassment since the hotel lobby is small, but it usually has tourists hanging about.

- good location.

Cons:

- not super nice compared to a 4 or 5 star...Queens Park is affordable and GF friendly, I took my Vietnamese Girlfriend there, of course I booked in Advance, no issues with Multiple National passport, mine is Indian. Cost USD 65, perfect room for a date.

Golfinho
07-07-15, 04:38
Queens Park is affordable and GF friendly, I took my Vietnamese Girlfriend there, of course I booked in Advance, no issues with Multiple National passport, mine is Indian. Cost USD 65, perfect room for a date.There had been some major renovation going on there end of last year. Much needed, place was a dump. Owner has interest in a couple hotels in town, neither of which renovations turned out especially good. Nice neighborhood, though. If you like the area, try Hotel 51.

SteelBaton
08-16-15, 15:10
There had been some major renovation going on there end of last year. Much needed, place was a dump. Owner has interest in a couple hotels in town, neither of which renovations turned out especially good. Nice neighborhood, though. If you like the area, try Hotel 51.On a recent trip and from talking to others it seems that, as expected, the nicer hotels are getting tighter on allowing girls to the rooms. More scrutinity of IDs more questions of guests.

Anyone have a suggestion for the best 3 star hotel that doesn't require the full ID inspection and hassling of the girls and guests?

From what I know the 5 star hotels are a lot more prickly.

Traveler1234
08-16-15, 16:36
Chatrium Royal Lake Hotel is GFE but needs to show ID and sign her in. Data point from late July 2015 visit.

According to others, Sedona is also GFE.

SteelBaton
08-17-15, 01:47
Chatrium Royal Lake Hotel is GFE but needs to show ID and sign her in. Data point from late July 2015 visit.

According to others, Sedona is also GFE.Traveler- I think ALL hotels in Yangon will ALLOW a GF visitor following inspection of Indentification, signing in and sometimes signing out. I just don't like all the hassle and time that this takes, especially with other guests standing around gawking at the young local lady and the middle-aged foreign man. In the past 6-9 months this has increased. At the Park Royal the general manager came out to oversee the process with the last young lady I brought there. Took about 10 minutes.

So, I'm interested in the nicest hotel close to the action (no further than Park Royal) that doesn't follow the whole detailed sign in process. I'd like to just walk in with my date and go to a decent room. So could be a 2 star, 3 star or better a 4 star.

I tried a pretty cheap place recently, but there was weak Air Con and the room was intolerably hot. So I'm wondering if anyone has another option that is decent.

Cheers

(PM if you have a good suggestion but don't want it too public)

Bruce52
10-02-15, 07:36
This hotel is very definitely girl friendly. It is a tall narrow building (9 floors? The reception is on the 4 rth floor, and there is only a totally non-interventionistguard at the entrance. From the entrance you take the lift directly to your floor without any need to even pass by the reception. It is about 6 minutes walk from Emperor (which I would however say is overrated). I suspect there are a lot of other options around in the neighbourhood, but I am not aware of them.Based on this review, I made a reservation here. I'll be there in about 10 hours (flying from Seoul). Hoping to meet other folks from this board. Sent a couple of PMs to BigSwingingDon but got no response yet.

Bruce.

Manfield04
10-17-15, 19:35
I stayed at Hotel Grand United Chinatown recently. It is very girl friendly. I brought a girl from Emperor Club during my stay there. The girl had to leave her ID with the watchman.

After the deed, while leaving the girl at the entrance of the hotel, I saw the watchman give her another ID. The girl told him it was not hers. Then, he rectified, meaning that another WG was at the Hotel.

The reception is on the 4th floor. So, no need to go to reception with the girl. One can take the girl directly from the Entrance of the Hotel to the room.

Manfield04
08-29-16, 18:31
Stayed at the Hotel Grand United Chinatown again this year. Was given the same room as last year. Very girl friendly. When I brought a girl at night, I was helped by the Security Guard and the hotel boy to take the girl to the room.

Golfinho
08-31-16, 20:27
Stayed at the Hotel Grand United Chinatown again this year. Was given the same room as last year.A real shame they used such cheap windows constructing this place as the street noise is horrendous. Room at the far end of the hall is least worst.

Liggi1
09-28-16, 15:51
Is the Best Western girlfriendly? I think it is better hotel than Grand United Chinatown?

SteelBaton
10-01-16, 06:52
Is the Best Western girlfriendly? I think it is better hotel than Grand United Chinatown?ALL hotels in Yangon are GF if the girl has an ID. Doesn't have to be exactly her ID, just close enough. I have never had a problem bringing a girl back to my hotel, 5* to no star, 3:00 am or 9:00 pm. The only possible consideration is whether the hotel is set up in a way that you can sneak the girl into your room without being stopped by reception. I sometimes prefer this as the girls name doesn't end up recorded with my own. Traders makes this possible because there is a bar on the second floor that has access to the elevator banks. Not sure about the hotel you mention.

Only exception that I have heard is for one of the expensive boutique hotels that has government connections and doesn't like hookers on the property.

One thing to note is that the cheaper hotels will charge you for extra guests so make a booking for a room for 2. If you bring a girl in the afternoon and a different one in the morning evening, they may charge you for the second girl.

Tim Bone
10-04-16, 08:17
ALL hotels in Yangon are GF if the girl has an ID. Doesn't have to be exactly her ID, just close enough. I have never had a problem bringing a girl back to my hotel, 5* to no star, 3:00 am or 9:00 pm. The only possible consideration is whether the hotel is set up in a way that you can sneak the girl into your room without being stopped by reception. I sometimes prefer this as the girls name doesn't end up recorded with my own. Traders makes this possible because there is a bar on the second floor that has access to the elevator banks. Not sure about the hotel you mention.

Only exception that I have heard is for one of the expensive boutique hotels that has government connections and doesn't like hookers on the property.

One thing to note is that the cheaper hotels will charge you for extra guests so make a booking for a room for 2. If you bring a girl in the afternoon and a different one in the morning evening, they may charge you for the second girl.Some different experiences myself. At Summit Parkview they scrutinize the girls IDs. Had one rejected since she only had a copy of her original. Also had problems another time with one who had an old paper version, but after a lot of control questions they let her come. For my own security they claim. Also they charge 15 USD joiner fee. Not sure if it helps to book a double. Not my definition of girl friendly. At Park Royal the joiner fee was 20 USD some years ago. Not sure what they will charge today.

Rick Rock
11-03-16, 08:49
Stayed at the Hotel Grand United Chinatown again this year. Was given the same room as last year. Very girl friendly. When I brought a girl at night, I was helped by the Security Guard and the hotel boy to take the girl to the room.Didn't she have two legs to walk there herself?

Manfield04
11-03-16, 15:49
She was legless. She was waiting for you to carry her but you did not come. So sad for her, she had to be carried on a stretcher. Decidedly, it takes all sorts to make a world.

Didn't she have two legs to walk there herself?

Fresh Meat
11-03-17, 09:43
Beautyland Hotel II is this hotel girl friendly in downtown Yangon?

Monger652
11-04-17, 13:56
Just checked in to Clover city center and the reception guy confirmed: no charge for additional guest as long as you are solo and booked a room for two.

JitenS
10-21-19, 13:08
Hi guys,

I'm going to Yangon in few days. Can anyone suggest a good GF hotel with bathtub? It's difficult to fi the one with bathtub.

Golfinho
10-24-19, 00:54
Hi guys,

I'm going to Yangon in few days. Can anyone suggest a good GF hotel with bathtub? It's difficult to fi the one with bathtub.Yuzana Garden.

Melman111
10-24-19, 19:22
Hi guys,

I'm going to Yangon in few days. Can anyone suggest a good GF hotel with bathtub? It's difficult to fi the one with bathtub.Park Royal Hotel (5 star) and has bar where you can meet ladies (ask for 100 Dollars for few hours).

JitenS
10-26-19, 15:53
Park Royal Hotel (5 star) and has bar where you can meet ladies (ask for 100 Dollars for few hours).Thanks mate.

JitenS
10-26-19, 15:54
Yuzana Garden.Thanks mate.

Osbern
10-27-19, 07:45
Is Hotel G which near the Parkroyal girl friendly?

BTW, I have to say this hotel is good in every perspective. I just like to know whether it's G friendly since it's too close to the Parkroyal and the Club 5.

Golfinho
10-31-19, 04:46
Is Hotel G which near the Parkroyal girl friendly?
BTW, I have to say this hotel is good in every perspective. I just like to know whether it's G friendly since it's too close to the Parkroyal and the Club 5.Rooms at Hotel G are small. Entrance is through the restaurant, which is nothing but a glorified, overpriced pizza parlour. Our preference is the Loft Hotel just up the street. The Loft is discreet, private, GF, very quiet, with primarily European clientele. Their restaurant is excellent. For a recent stay (room 201) the cash rate was 58 usd.

Yiddo
12-23-19, 04:24
If you stay in either of the two Grand United hotels in Chinatown, round the corner from Emperor, you enter at street level where there is just a guy who will take the girl's card, and then you take the elevator straight to your floor without going near Reception which is on the third floor.

Amadeuss
01-01-20, 02:26
If you stay in either of the two Grand United hotels in Chinatown, round the corner from Emperor, you enter at street level where there is just a guy who will take the girl's card, and then you take the elevator straight to your floor without going near Reception which is on the third floor.Does it refer to both hotels that you go direct with the elevator to your floor without passing lobby?

Manfield04
01-01-20, 20:37
The reception is on the 4th floor. You don't need to go to the reception. You can take the lift from ground floor to the level where you have your room. The security guard will keep the ID of the girl for your safety and hers too. At the end, she gives the security guard some tips.

Does it refer to both hotels that you go direct with the elevator to your floor without passing lobby?