PDA

View Full Version : Nother example of how things work in the R. P.

TurdyCurdyOne
03-24-11, 00:40
www.pinoymoneytalk.com/problems-with-bpi/

(For those who devote their tourist stays to mostly drinking and screwing with lots of money flowing in the right direction no need to read things like this-someone will tell you when you wake up.)

Red Kilt
03-24-11, 04:28
www.pinoymoneytalk.com/problems-with-bpi/

(For those who devote their tourist stays to mostly drinking and screwing with lots of money flowing in the right direction no need to read things like this-someone will tell you when you wake up.) According to my friend in HSBC bank, there are around 2 million bank transactions EVERY DAY in the Philippines.

You have quoted 2 unfortunate examples where the BPI has been slack. I recall a teller in Brisbane, Australia being fired last year fro exactly the same as your second example.

I have had an account with BPI for 11 years, and there has been zero glitches.

If your 2 examples are supposed to prove something about corruption in the Philippines then I guess you really don't know much about statistics T C One.

Econo Tech
03-24-11, 07:52
If your 2 examples are supposed to prove something about corruption in the Philippines then I guess you really don't know much about statistics T C One.RK. I am with you. .

Me have never had any issues with any banks. And my fiance's Landbank and PNB never had issues.

Not sure what the OP is on anyway, some strong shit.

Well, RP sucks for a lot of things and one of the things that works fine is banking. And that the foreign remittance feeds the bank is more than enough reason for them to not fuck it up.

Oh. They make one of the best beers too. SM

Tanglin
03-24-11, 10:22
Oh. They make one of the best beers too. SMCall me strange, but I prefer Tiger to SM.

Jambo
03-24-11, 12:40
How did you manage to start a new thread?

Pinoy Money Talk? Seems an oxymoron?

Buko Max
03-24-11, 13:23
How did you manage to start a new thread?Any senior member can start a new thread since the installation of the new software!

It will be interesting to see what topics will surface.

Red Kilt
01-09-12, 09:37
Just to kick along this moribund thread, I thought I would alert noobies and others to the wide practice of karaoke in the Philippines.

Before your next trip, you can practice by singing along with this rather sentimental rendition of Julio's "To all the girls I've loved before", with some minor variations.

http://touretteskaraoke.com/index.php/karaoke/25-karaoke/104-to-all-the-girls

Tanglin
01-09-12, 10:47
Just to kick along this moribund thread, I thought I would alert noobies and others to the wide practice of karaoke in the Philippines.

Before your next trip, you can practice by singing along with this rather sentimental rendition of Julio's "To all the girls I've loved before", with some minor variations.

http://touretteskaraoke.com/index.php/karaoke/25-karaoke/104-to-all-the-girlsJust don't sing "My way," especially if you don't know the crowd.

Questor55
01-09-12, 20:59
Just don't sing "My way," especially if you don't know the crowd.Haha, very good advice Tanglin! As a rule of thumb, if you don't know the crowd, then best to keep a low profile until the guys look and act friendly.

FreebieFan
01-10-12, 02:06
Call me strange, but I prefer Tiger to SM.VERY VERY strange. Tnink we had a "which beer was best" thread back in 2010.

Questor55
06-04-12, 02:47
Any senior member can start a new thread since the installation of the new software!

It will be interesting to see what topics will surface.Certain Moribund threads were 'Individual Specific' and no longer serve ANY purpose at all. Can either David 33 or Jackson push the DELETE button?

Member #4351
06-04-12, 14:03
Sorry, I'm not that important. Jackson is the man in charge.