PDA

View Full Version : Blocked ISG

Playboy2001
05-16-11, 08:11
Could some one please PM me how to access ISG from UAE, which was blocked by ISPs including Etisalat.

Sincere thanks in advance,

PB

Mr Enternational
05-16-11, 08:21
Could some one please PM me how to access ISG from UAE, which was blocked by ISPs including Etisalat.Use a proxy such as http://www.quickbypass.com/

Blackwhite99
05-16-11, 18:39
Or buy a VPN when you're in the free world next time. Just do a Google search and pick any on the first page. Cost is around $50 a year.

Could some one please PM me how to access ISG from UAE, which was blocked by ISPs including Etisalat.

PB

Fifa3000
05-17-11, 15:07

PBRecently I found that ukexpatsurfer (or similar name) works in UAE and they offer a free 2 day trial. Their service is not very good so use trial to access a better VPN service.

Dennise Bruckner
05-21-11, 13:42

PBUse Tor.

https://www.torproject.org/

Nice Guy 99
05-21-11, 17:49
Use Tor.

https://www.torproject.org/It works, it's OS agnostic, and it's free.

Fifa3000
06-14-11, 17:31
I'm a newbie to site and to Dubai. But stuck here for all summer. I'm a bit nervous of being tracked by phone history, especially if calling any web published numbers, and of sim being registered to me. Is concern justified or any local hints or tips to avoid?

Thanks.

F

JanosB
06-14-11, 18:08
You can buy a new sim for 60 days from ETILsat, it won't be on your name.

Fifa3000
06-16-11, 17:09
You can buy a new sim for 60 days from ETILsat, it won't be on your name.Oh. Thanks for that. When I went to Et I was asked for passport / I'd etc. I will try again

Cheers

Semenation
06-28-11, 16:50
To unlock ISG in UAE.

Goto Google. Search "Anonymous Proxies".

Pick the first few links. There would list of proxies.

Copy Any one you want eg: 121. 129. 123. 23 but not the port number I. E after the ";" I. E like :80 or :8080.

Without the port number and paste the into proxy menu of your Internet explorer Option located in connection tab.

Click Ok and Goto Google again.

If the page opens login to ISG any time without any prob. If it doesn't chose another free proxy and do the process again untill you get things working.

I am in dxb and sending message with the same procedure.

(If you still don't understand let me know I ll post a detailed procedure for it).

=============================================
EDITOR'S SUGGESTION: This is interesting, but you might consider re-posting it under the Proxy Server topic in the Site Administration section of the Forum where it will benefit the Forum Members who are specifically looking for this type of information. Thanks!

Roadking 04
09-30-11, 04:11
For those of you that have not been able to access ISG while in the UAE I found this site while doing a web search for proxy servers. It has some good info and reviews. http://vpnreviewz.com/best-vpn-service-providers/

Candyman74
10-01-11, 07:51
I use hidemyass. Com. The VPN is around $70 per year and you can easily setup you iPad or HP touchpad to connect wirelessly. In addition to access to ISG you can mimic a UK server to watch sky and BBC shows or USA severs to watch American shows. I used secure tunnel before but this is cheaper and way better.

Pm me if you need info.

Ps. Is it just me or has the quality at the AMPs flat bottomed recently!

Safe mongering folks.

Cm

Big Daddy 1906
10-01-11, 08:51
I have to put in my 2 cents in for Witopia. It is fantastic and allows you to claim IP addresses from over 30 US cities. The cost is quite reasonable and the customer service is fantastic! PM for details.

Gilla
11-02-11, 00:53
For those who are able to access ISG before travelling to uae, take a backup of the forum you are interested in. Go to the forum, and in the top right corner, under "Thread Tools", click on "Show printable version". Then click "Show 1000 post (s) from this thread on one page"

Select All and copy paste to Word or print to pdf format.

E. G.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/printthread.php?t=2394&pp=1000

DoofDuff
11-02-11, 14:27
Just go to astrill. Com and sign up.

I love their service and they are quite reliable.

Snow1998
11-02-11, 20:34
I have to put in my 2 cents in for Witopia. It is fantastic and allows you to claim IP addresses from over 30 US cities. The cost is quite reasonable and the customer service is fantastic! PM for details.Ditto. Been using it for 3 years now.

Wilts Boy
11-04-11, 14:39
To unlock ISG in UAE.

Goto Google. Search "Anonymous Proxies".

Pick the first few links. There would list of proxies.

Copy Any one you want eg: 121. 129. 123. 23 but not the port number I. E after the ";" I. E like :80 or :8080.

Without the port number and paste the into proxy menu of your Internet explorer Option located in connection tab.

Click Ok and Goto Google again.

If the page opens login to ISG any time without any prob. If it doesn't chose another free proxy and do the process again untill you get things working.

I am in dxb and sending message with the same procedure.

(If you still don't understand let me know I ll post a detailed procedure for it).Whilst this might be a good suggestion, word of warning, make a note of the proxy server numbers before you go, as when you try to search for them when in the UAE, all the proxy server sites are blocked by Etisalat. Spoilsports

Freetibet0478
12-15-11, 08:45
Download 'Hotspot Shield' and install. Run the app and it does it work! This is the best that I have seen for the PC. If you have trouble downloading the software the next best is to use torrents!

Cheers and have fun!

Freetibet0478
12-15-11, 08:46
Found an app in the appstore!"Covert Browser" Its free and works well in unblocking!

Cheers.

FT

Kabul
12-30-11, 23:22

Project TOR allows you to serf without leaving any tracks never tried it in the UAE but have used it in other places which block sites.

Also be careful with free proxy sites, they are bad for viruses and monitoring your traffic (catching passwords etc)

I use private proxy available from http://www.privacypartners.com/index.html Costs $25 every three months. Side benefit is that you can look like you are online from the USA, handy for ordering stuff from the USA as some sites block you with a non US IP address.

That I know works in the UAE and also blocks your surfing history from your network and ISP. Just use Firefox and set remote DNS lookup to true and you should be OK everywhere.

Nice Guy 99
01-02-12, 22:01

Project TOR allows you to serf without leaving any tracks never tried it in the UAE but have used it in other places which block sites.It works in the UAE. It does not work in China.

Strickjb
01-02-12, 22:57
It works in the UAE. It does not work in China.Check out www.strongvpn.com As well. Gives you a US IP address. Works well for me.

Switched
01-03-12, 06:54
If you are using Firefox, CNET has free add-on software (Cocoon) that will allow you to surf secure sites through a US proxy. This has been free for about 6 months now, but is worth paying for.

Not sure if it will work from the UAE, but it's the first thing I would be trying.

BJohn1
02-23-12, 12:24
Thats what I use, works perfectly.

FearMe
03-05-12, 12:56
I use my opera browser on my mobile or iPad. Don't know why, but none of the sites are blocked when I use it that way. You connect either on WiFi or 3g.

UOTE=BJohn1; 1251047]Thats what I use, works perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Wilts Boy
03-23-12, 13:54
I use my opera browser on my mobile or iPad. Don't know why, but none of the sites are blocked when I use it that way. You connect either on WiFi or 3g.

UOTE=BJohn1; 1251047]Thats what I use, works perfectly.[/QUOTE]Can confirm also Opera does no block any sites (as proven by this post) and have been using on Iphone, Ipad and my laptop. Also to cover my bases took out a 30 days VPN connection with VPNFire for just $2. 99, and this is working great also.

All those previous frustrating trips!

11Bravo
04-12-12, 23:51
For a receive only capability:

Just subscribe to the thread, and have the subscription sent to an e-mail account (easy to set up a specific e-mail account for this purpose) , with an update period of either instantaneous or daily. Then just simply login to check your e-mail. Granted, you won't be able to post, but you will be able to receive the lastest news while you're in the "dead" zone.

And if you haven't done your homework, easy to switch the page view (Thread Tools -> Show Printable Version -> Show 1000 post (s) from this thread on one page) , then save the output to your notebook before deaprtig home. Of course, this only works for literate punters.

Double Shooter
04-13-12, 06:13
For a receive only capability:

Just subscribe to the thread, and have the subscription sent to an e-mail account (easy to set up a specific e-mail account for this purpose) , with an update period of either instantaneous or daily. Then just simply login to check your e-mail. Granted, you won't be able to post, but you will be able to receive the lastest news while you're in the "dead" zone.

And if you haven't done your homework, easy to switch the page view (Thread Tools. Show Printable Version. Show 1000 post (s) from this thread on one page) , then save the output to your notebook before deaprtig home. Of course, this only works for literate punters.Greetings to the Professor of P2P. His sagacious advice is greatly appreciated.

11B, you delivered one valuable pearl of wisdom a couple of years back. It was a software package to encrypt part of your hard drive, so you can store confidential information such as saved ISG pages, safe from prying eyes. Kindly repeat the advice. Of course, a google search comes up with dozens of potential candidates, but it is always better to go with sound advice from a reputed source.

11Bravo
04-13-12, 22:41
It was a software package to encrypt part of your hard drive, so you can store confidential information such as saved ISG pages, safe from prying eyes. Kindly repeat the advice. Of course, a google search comes up with dozens of potential candidates, but it is always better to go with sound advice from a reputed source.Thanks, just stopped in to verify that things are the same (they are).

What you're looking for is truecrypt, at truecrypt.org

The below might sound complicated, but it's so simple to use. Download the software, install, and there's a wizard to set up your encrypted volume (s). You first set up the "containing outside" volume (it's actually just a file) , then within this one, you create the hidden volume, all done by the wizard. For instance, I'd create a 4gb volume, then within, create a 3.5 gb hidden volume.

I've never encrypted a full disk or partition, just using the volume encryption. It creates a file with a .tc extension. When you double click on it, the software opens, and allows you to mount it as a separate disk (it looks like another hard drive on your computer) once you enter the password. Decryption is done on the fly. Just don't forget to dismount when you're done (again, done from the program's gui).

I highly recommend this, have used it myself. What I really like is the "Hidden Volume" feature (below is from truecrypt.org) ; there's actually a picture that shows what's happening when you go to the actual site :

Hidden Volume

It may happen that you are forced by somebody to reveal the password to an encrypted volume. There are many situations where you cannot refuse to reveal the password (for example, due to extortion). Using a so-called hidden volume allows you to solve such situations without revealing the password to your volume.

The principle is that a TrueCrypt volume is created within another TrueCrypt volume (within the free space on the volume). Even when the outer volume is mounted, it should be impossible to prove whether there is a hidden volume within it or not, because free space on any TrueCrypt volume is always filled with random data when the volume is created* and no part of the (dismounted) hidden volume can be distinguished from random data. Note that TrueCrypt does not modify the file system (information about free space, etc.) within the outer volume in any way.

The password for the hidden volume must be substantially different from the password for the outer volume. To the outer volume, (before creating the hidden volume within it) you should copy some sensitive-looking files that you actually do NOT want to hide. These files will be there for anyone who would force you to hand over the password. You will reveal only the password for the outer volume, not for the hidden one. Files that really are sensitive will be stored on the hidden volume.

The user can mount the hidden volume the same way as a standard TrueCrypt volume. TrueCrypt first attempts to decrypt the standard volume header using the entered password. If it fails, it loads the area of the volume where a hidden volume header can be stored (I. E. Bytes 65536–131071, which contain solely random data when there is no hidden volume within the volume) to RAM and attempts to decrypt it using the entered password. Note that hidden volume headers cannot be identified, as they appear to consist entirely of random data. If the header is successfully decrypted (for information on how TrueCrypt determines that it was successfully decrypted, see the section Encryption Scheme in the documentation) , the information about the size of the hidden volume is retrieved from the decrypted header (which is still stored in RAM) , and the hidden volume is mounted (its size also determines its offset).

Brigade112
06-30-12, 01:14
Guys,

If you are using pc or laptop then use hotspot shield latest versions and search through google or torrent.

If you are using android and apple devices including mobiles or tablets then use opera mini browser.

Kabul Guy
06-30-12, 12:00
Thanks, just stopped in to verify that things are the same (they are).

What you're looking for is truecrypt, at truecrypt. Org.I use truecrypt as well. IMHO one of the best freeware utilities out there.

Almost all of my portable and flash drives are encrypted volumes. I have them set so that when I plug them in truecrypt automatically mounts them. As soon as they are plugged in the password screen opens up. I also used the disk manager to set those drives to not having a drive letter associated with them so that I do not use up drive letters and leave the ones associated with my encrypted files available.

To make life easier I also have a bat file that copies the password to my clipboard and all I have to do is hit the hot key sequence for the bat file and then use the ctrl-v hot key to paste the password. (I use long complex passwords and this is much easier than typing the password every time if a little less secure.)

I also have used nested encryption for specifically sensitive files. This allows you to put an encrypted file on an encrypted volume. An encrypted file can have any extension so you can make it look like a word or any other common file. Anyone trying to open it with application associated with the file extension will get an error message.

11Bravo
07-01-12, 11:04
Almost all of my portable and flash drives are encrypted volumes. I have them set so that when I plug them in truecrypt automatically mounts them. As soon as they are plugged in the password screen opens up.Agree, it is fantastic freeware. All my "travel" drives use TrueCrypt, just in case they get lost. For security, I never use auto-mount. I can take the few extra steps to mount manually. Hopefully, you're using "Hidden Volumes" if carrying dark matter. Otherwise, if you ever do get stopped, what are you going to do? Plead amnesia?

To make life easier I also have a bat file that copies the password to my clipboard and all I have to do is hit the hot key sequence for the bat file and then use the ctrl-v hot key to paste the password. (I use long complex passwords and this is much easier than typing the password every time if a little less secure.)Myself, I couldn't live without Roboform. You have 1 password that opens up a database of all of your passwords. I use the desktop version that keeps database locally (another version allows keeping in cloud). For browsing, definitely works with IE and Firefox, auto-saving and auto filling password pages securely. No need to type. Can also keep "secure notes" for such things as truecrypt volumes, telephone pins, etc. Free version keeps 10 passwords. I liked it so much, bought the paid version. They also have a portable version, RoboForm2Go that runs from a flash drive, that I use for my notebook.

Superman
07-31-12, 04:46
Not sure if many would remember me, but I used to be quite active in the Dubai scene back in the days of Justsumfun (JSF10) with whom I have mongered quite a bit, back when going to York actually meant good quality.

Don't recognize many of the names here except that of 11Bravo, can't seem to find Piper or Sporadic.

Anyway, I'm having a short stopover at Dubai before heading to London. I was wondering if Firoza or Emma are still around. Has the Indian house been shut down? And if I pick up the gulf news, which AMP should I target? Also, are there any clubs / bars where I can find Pinays. I remember that there used to be a pinay provider (pimp). And I still have the number in my inbox. But I suspect that that number must be dead now.

Sorry. I know I should have RTFF, but am in a rush now.

PMs would be appreciated. Or any general information.

Excuse the spellings and the grammar, I'm typing under the influence.

11Bravo
10-10-12, 11:04
Will put this here, not about bypassing blocks, but another helpful program for windows computers (you run linux or Mac, you're on your own, though there is a free minimal linux version). This issue has come up here in some PM's on how to recover a failed disk. Best solution, act before it fails.

Google: hdsentinel

It's where you'd expect to find it, as in .com

Monitors your hdd's for temperature and health status, as reported by SMART status (never could figure out which of those indicators were important or not). This does, with recommendations on what to do: keep an eye on, back up now, pray... Light impact. Very well thought out, and no, I'm NOT a shill. Temps and status appear in system tray, and there is a gadget you can run for a SMALL desktop display. Can sound an alarm on over-temps. Keeps a log so you can monitor increasing reallocated sector counts. Not only works on internal drives, but also on a number of external ones.

The pro version which I bought, besides the basics, has a number of additional features that were worth it to me. Not exactly cheap, BUT a real deal if you get the family pack (5 computers). You might not have 5, but bet your family does...

Download the trial version and install. When it starts, a pop-up window will appear with a discount code for 15% off, and yes, it is valid for the family pack. Write down the code (I didn't, so had to uninstall, then reinstall). These are lifetime licenses. Future updates free AND you can move the license from 1 computer to another (uninstall from old, then install on new).

For ME, like a fire extinguisher. Hope you'll never need, but glad you have WHEN something starts to happen. Obviously, you should be backing up your OS disk, but sometimes not practical to back up data drives of non-critical data. At least this will give you a head's up...

Naked Gunz
10-23-12, 11:21
Am using HOTSPOT SHIELD Elite as I do my due diligence on ISG from a military base. Has worked great so far!

BionicMan
10-25-12, 06:53
Was in transit in Dubai the other day and whilst I could not access ISG (and some other "sex oriented" websites) through Safari on my iPad (same no access through IE on the PC) , as "blocked site", I could successfully browse on ISG etc through Opera.

Opera can be downloaded as an iPad application for free. I can't add software on my laptop, so I can't voucher for PC use but I reckon it will work.

Kabul Guy
10-25-12, 21:56
Was in transit in Dubai the other day and whilst I could not access ISG (and some other "sex oriented" websites) through Safari on my iPad (same no access through IE on the PC) , as "blocked site", I could successfully browse on ISG etc through Opera.

Opera can be downloaded as an iPad application for free. I can't add software on my laptop, so I can't voucher for PC use but I reckon it will work.Get a personal VPN. Costs 50 to 100$ a year and allows getting around all blocks as well as protecting your connections when on public WiFi.

Google VPN or look at Witopia or hidemyass

John Auro
10-25-12, 22:50
Am here at a guest house from some church (!) for 2 weeks.

Internet comes by WLAN cable.

Sites from web cam show up, but when I actually want to connect with some of the girls, no connection comes up. (loading and loading.)

I checked e-mule, its also not connecting.

You think these VPN, Witopia or Hidemyass will help in this case?

Thanks

John

Vitrea
11-22-12, 09:46
I don't know how I missed this particular thread! I spent a lot of time reading about Dubai posts and hotels but did not realize that ISG is blocked in Dubai. One senior sent me a very helpful PM with several contacts and to my shock I was blocked. I only had one night and imagine my frustration, more for being a fool and not pre planning. When I visit countries that block, I email myself the useful data which I did not do this time.

I ended up downloading buying Stealthy and tried Chrome and Firefox but the plug in did not work. I spent two hours of prime time and finally was able to use webproxy. Stealthy and accessed ISG. It was slow but it worked so I can at least get club names and addresses.

I tip my hat to the senior who helped me and was very generous with information. You know who you are. (smile)

BionicMan
11-22-12, 11:08
Sites from web cam show up, but when I actually want to connect with some of the girls, no connection comes up. (loading and loading.) JohnI have the same problem with cam4, but nothing to do with LE blocking. Can't access the live image anywhere when I click on the individual. Just comes the regular page, but the image do not load. Maybe some firewall in my company PC?

Flash had been updated, tho'

Tits Bum
12-20-12, 12:00
Am here at a guest house from some church (!) for 2 weeks.

Internet comes by WLAN cable.

Sites from web cam show up, but when I actually want to connect with some of the girls, no connection comes up. (loading and loading.)

I checked e-mule, its also not connecting.

You think these VPN, Witopia or Hidemyass will help in this case?

Thanks

JohnYep witopia is the best. Been using it for many years. Reliable, stable and quick.

RushRider
01-12-13, 13:41
Used HMA for my 4 day visit. It worked perfectly. Great resource and super easy to use for a one month subscription for $10.

Thanks for the info guys.

Rush

ChelseaBill
01-15-13, 17:43
Gents,

Greetings from The Cristal Hotel, Abu Dhabi.

I have used, with great success, 'Identity Cloaker' all around the world. Even here in the UAE and sick Saudi.

Even though I use a MAC, Identity Cloaker works on the 'Parallels' partition (steam driven Microsoft Windows partition). Also, when there has been an occassional hiccough, the tech support has been extremely swift (an hour or two) contacting me to sort out the problem. Identity Cloaker is user friendly and you don't have to be an IT geek to install or use it (trust me, I'm not!)

Good luck mongering 'Carefree wherever you maybe! '

Bill

Leblon
01-29-13, 22:45
Am using HOTSPOT SHIELD Elite as I do my due diligence on ISG from a military base. Has worked great so far!I had this page information downloaded to my laptop. When I arrived to Dubai I read it and downloaded Hotspot Shield to my laptop and installed it.

Now I am able to use another forum and other sites.

This Hotsport Shield is free trial version and and it says that I can use it only 7 days.

I don't know if I can install it again after 7 days

Passing By
02-15-13, 14:22

Opera can be downloaded as an iPad application for free. I can't add software on my laptop, so I can't voucher for PC use but I reckon it will work.There is one catch here and I will try to explain it:

There are two Opera applications for smartphones:

Opera Mini this is the one to download if you want to stop being blocked.

Opera Mobile this one will not help you in any way.

The reason why Opera Mini is not blocked is because this application is made in such way that it works like a proxy. When you request a web page Opera mini's servers will try to compress it, send it to you, and than decompress it on your phone (this way you'll have smaller internet traffic because the data you receive is compressed). But one of the side effects of this is that you will get the page from Opera's servers (which are not blocked) instead of getting them from ISG directly.

So if any of you guys got Opera and it's still not working try getting Opera Mini instead and it will probably work.

Hope this helps!

Leblon
02-15-13, 21:42
I had this page information downloaded to my laptop. When I arrived to Dubai I read it and downloaded Hotspot Shield to my laptop and installed it.

Now I am able to use another forum and other sites.

This Hotspot Shield is free trial version and and it says that I can use it only 7 days.

I don't know if I can install it again after 7 daysAfter 7 days trial version Hotspot Shield really stopped working. I tried to reinstall, but they are maybe registering my laptop hostname? Some hidden Windows register? Since reinstall did not work even if I had different ip address and different internet connection provider.

So I decided to pay.

Was there option that I could continue using it free if I accept advertisements to my email?

Anyway, I decided to pay that 20-30 dollars (29?) to be able use it for a year.

There were options to pay for shorter time, but with the payment methods that I was not familiar.

So I am connected now to Forum, while in Dubai, using Hotspot Shield. I have noticed that some sites don't work so well always, for example Youtube, if I have Hotspot on. But it is easy to turn off (Pause Protection). I am having it on only when connecting to another forum or watching other bad boy sites.

I am using only laptop, I don't know about smartphone connections.

If you visit Dubai for a short time, download trial version for 7 days usage. And if that is not enough time for you then choose payment options you like, it is not so expensive.

Cons68
02-16-13, 07:44
Thanks for a quite informative report.

I would add that there are some differences between opera proxy and a vpn.

-using the proxy your carrier can still record your url, not sure if it done in the UAE by any of the carriers, or if there are differences between pre and postpaid. I know other markets better. VPNs protect your navigation, but there is proof you used a VPN, something that is illegal in the UAE.

-with opera your navigation history is kept in their servers, and you have agreed (without reading them) to their terms of service, with a vpn your navigation history is in their servers, and you have agreed (without reading them) to their terms of service. But at least with a paid provider you may be able to sue.

-other alternatives include TOR (supposedly under the German Secret Service control, no kidding) or having a machine setup in a different place (we have one in the US) but they are more complex technically.

Finally a couple of legal reminders, yes using a VPN is illegal I know of no one that has been arrested for it, yet. People are arrested every week for selling VoIP cards (yes the ones you see in dubizzle, they do not last for long).

Communications are logged here, couple years ago Etisalat pulled the text of SMS sent by a couple accused of adultery. Some of the SMS were more than one year old. You may think that they are as incompetent on this area as they are fixing invoice mistakes but you would be wrong.

Have fun.

There is one catch here and I will try to explain it:

There are two Opera applications for smartphones:

Opera Mini this is the one to download if you want to stop being blocked.

Opera Mobile this one will not help you in any way.

The reason why Opera Mini is not blocked is because this application is made in such way that it works like a proxy. When you request a web page Opera mini's servers will try to compress it, send it to you, and than decompress it on your phone (this way you'll have smaller internet traffic because the data you receive is compressed). But one of the side effects of this is that you will get the page from Opera's servers (which are not blocked) instead of getting them from ISG directly.

So if any of you guys got Opera and it's still not working try getting Opera Mini instead and it will probably work.

Hope this helps!

FrenchTouch
03-05-13, 01:07
I just finished directing installation online with one of my regulars, the regular in Dubai, actually, and it worked fine, she can access the dating site where we met. Am such a nice guy.

Will use it when am back there.

FT.

Project TOR allows you to serf without leaving any tracks never tried it in the UAE but have used it in other places which block sites.

Also be careful with free proxy sites, they are bad for viruses and monitoring your traffic (catching passwords etc)

I use private proxy available from.

http://www.privacypartners.com/index.html

Costs $25 every three months. Side benefit is that you can look like you are online from the USA, handy for ordering stuff from the USA as some sites block you with a non US IP address.

That I know works in the UAE and also blocks your surfing history from your network and ISP. Just use Firefox and set remote DNS lookup to true and you should be OK everywhere.

Mikev
03-11-13, 20:38
HMA is great but many of their IPs are being blocked and they always update them. Right now I'm searching for a new provider and I see VPN4ALL has 25% off:

http://starvpnreviews.com/vpn_discounts_prom/

Has anyone used this this VPN?

Pieter01
04-16-13, 05:08
Any new apps available for iPads so that I can visit ISG in Dubai

I can take a laptop also is it better to use.

Tax.

P

ExpatNLookin
04-16-13, 05:40

Tax.

PEither buy a subscription in hidemyass. Com and configure it on your iPad using PPTP config.

Or download HotSpotShield from the app store, and buy a month of subscription.

Muttley81
04-16-13, 07:34

Tax.

PWitopia is a multiple device VPN and is excellent. Download software for laptop and input settings for iPad, iPhone etc available under one payment. Only restriction is you can only use your username to login to two devices at once.

Snow1998
04-16-13, 16:42
Witopia is a multiple device VPN and is excellent. Download software for laptop and input settings for iPad, iPhone etc available under one payment. Only restriction is you can only use your username to login to two devices at once.I use witopia vpn pro. Have it on my laptop desktop ipad and iphone. Easy to setup on ipad very clear instructions. Works like a charm.

JustAStranger
04-30-13, 02:54
Hi there,

Thought I would contribute to this thread, the program that I use to by pass the proxy is SecurityKISS pretty reasonable with a daily limit of 300 MB and you can opt to have the paid service for more usage, I have tried it as well and is very reasonable just have to watch out for your firewall as it may block it.

Blackwhite99
04-30-13, 10:03
WiTopia Pro does the trick for me too.

I bought 1 license and installed it on my Mac Book Pro, then followed the very simple instructions and set it up on my iPad and iPhone. I use the London server to connect, it occasionally drops out but restarts easily enough.

I use witopia vpn pro. Have it on my laptop desktop ipad and iphone. Easy to setup on ipad very clear instructions. Works like a charm.

Kabul Guy
05-12-13, 14:27
The difference between a proxy and a VPN can be significant depending on what you want.

With a proxy only your browser is covered. They are generally OK to get around firewalls and ISP blocking but once a proxy is identified it can be blocked just like any site. There are some free ones out there but then can be bad for catching passwords and vuiruses so if you use a proxy then us one from a well rated pay site.

A VPN creates an encrypted tunnel from your computer to the server that then goes out to the internet. This encrypts all traffic from your computer to the gateway to the network. I like these because the cost is about the same as a good pay proxy service and you have 100% coverage. When you log in on a public Wi-Fi your email passwords are protected with a VPN and would not be protected with a proxy.

VPN has various protocols and it is difficult to block all of them. Open VPN has been blocked but I simply used a different protocol on that network.

VPN can also make you look like you are in a different physical location just as can proxies. Handy for Netflix etc.

Just remember as mentioned to use remote DNS lookup or the local ISP will know what sites you have visited. (DNS translates the web page from the text based to the IP address number, think of it like telling your phone to call John Doe and the computer looks up his phone number for you.)

Get a good VPN they are no more difficult to set up and easy to use on your computer, smartphone etc.

I have successfully used Hide My Ass and Witopia, liked them both.

Guym24
06-07-13, 20:48
It was strange to see that ISG was blocked in Dubai. And I tried some proxy site but it did not work on my mobile.

Joe Karnavic
06-09-13, 11:36
It was strange to see that ISG was blocked in Dubai. And I tried some proxy site but it did not work on my mobile.Guym.

Dubai is an Islamic country. Hence it is not strange that all sex and porn sites are blocked here. We bye pass the block by various methods which are all discussed in this thread. Just go through few pages of this thread.

Again warning to all new comers to this place. This has been posted by Cons and Dubaiman earlier in detail.

Dubai is an Islamic country. The law of the land is called Sharia. As per this law if you are caught with woman who is not your wife attracts sever punishment and deportation. They allow this in order not to scare tourist. Hence do not get cocky and make out with your WG in public places. Do not pickup fight at hotel reception if they do not allow girl to your room. If you do that you can be behind bar in no time.

Drinking alcohol is an offence even if it is easily available. It is bit of a paradox. If you sit in a pub and drink and do not make any scene it is not an issue. If you pickup a fight when you are drunk it is an criminal offense. Do not go to public places like shopping malls, cinemas etc after drinking. Any complaint by public and you are behind bar.

Behave sensibly and you will be safe.

RoundUp
01-11-14, 08:25
I can confirm that access to ISG is possible in Dubai with Opera Browser on mobile device (Android). Enable Off-road mode and it works. For free. This posting is written via Opera.

NightOwl69
06-14-14, 10:08
I have came across this VPN which works fine, I am using it now with an android device. It also works with windows but I haven't tested that. Better than hotspot shield and its free. http://www.psiphon.ca

Cheers

Burkster
06-14-14, 22:29
I can give you a better one. It's called "Hola! If you use Firefox or Chrome, just install the extension and then it's smooth sailing from there. No technical shenanigans to get involved in. Free as well.

They also have an app for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS.

https://hola.org/

P.S. The main website is blocked. But you can go to the Chrome Webstore or Firefox Add-ons and search for it from there. Android Play Store too.

Sen69
06-15-14, 04:24
I can confirm that access to ISG is possible in Dubai with Opera Browser on mobile device (Android). Enable Off-road mode and it works. For free. This posting is written via Opera.Opera Mini works on Apple devices as well.

"Using Opera Mini browser you can open blocked site. First Install opera mini browser. Now open Opera Mini and browse any site you like.

You must be wondering that how Opera Mini opened the sites easily and others not? Here is the answer- Opera mini uses Proxy servers to receive all the data, so your Wi-Fi don't know if the data is coming from any blocked site or not. This trick is not only for wi-fi, you can use it any internet connection. You can use this trick at mobile. "

Sen69
06-15-14, 11:41
I can confirm that access to ISG is possible in Dubai with Opera Browser on mobile device (Android). Enable Off-road mode and it works. For free. This posting is written via Opera.Opera Mini works for Apple (iPhone & iPad) as well.

"Using Opera Mini browser you can open blocked site. First Install opera mini browser. Now open Opera Mini and browse any site you like.

You must be wondering that how Opera Mini opened the sites easily and others not? Here is the answer- Opera mini uses Proxy servers to receive all the data, so your Wi-Fi don't know if the data is coming from any blocked site or not. This trick is not only for wi-fi, you can use it any internet connection. "

SiliconeLover
08-26-14, 13:29
Opera Mini works for Apple (iPhone & iPad) as well.

You must be wondering that how Opera Mini opened the sites easily and others not? Here is the answer- Opera mini uses Proxy servers to receive all the data, so your Wi-Fi don't know if the data is coming from any blocked site or not. This trick is not only for wi-fi, you can use it any internet connection. "Hi Sen69,

I tried to use Opera Mini on my iPhone 5 during my stay in Dubai in October 2013, and it worked fine. Upon my return there in April 2014, it no longer worked properly, and I had read on the internet that the authorities had somehow been able to block the proxy connection used by Opera Mini for iOS.

Any response to this from your side?

Thanks,

SL.

Sen69
08-26-14, 15:07
Hi Sen69,

I tried to use Opera Mini on my iPhone 5 during my stay in Dubai in October 2013, and it worked fine. Upon my return there in April 2014, it no longer worked properly, and I had read on the internet that the authorities had somehow been able to block the proxy connection used by Opera Mini for iOS.

Any response to this from your side?

Thanks,

SL.Might be they have closed that option. I'm using VPN most to the time to bypass blocked sites. Several VPN possibilities however I'm using OverPlay and pay 10 USD per month. They have cheaper solutions however the option I have give me possibility to select specific country and they are having several servers in each country. I. e. If you are using US VPN servers you are looked at as a US person browsing. There are several VPN providers however OverPlay give seamless installation, while for some of the other coding is needed. UAE may have blocked this as well but spending 10 or 20 USD probably don't kill your budget. In Qatar Opera Mini and OverPlay work. It's pretty easy to check out by googling sex and see what happens.

NightOwl69
08-26-14, 18:22
I am using opera mini on iPhone now and it's working fine. On android I use opera mini or psiphone. It's free and available at google store.

Wicked Roger
08-27-14, 00:13
I am always incredulous that posters openly FR on what VPN etc they use etc as recent have done. Others who want to know what we use look at this site (and others) and once they see you openly bragging about Opera mini etc, they can then find ways to block access.

IMHO, keep all this to PMs not the open forum or you ruin access for many others.

What I use etc will always be secret and not mentioned on this thread. Many know what I use through the PM function but I would never state the product here a the LE / authorities will read and then find ways to stop our enjoyment.

Sen69
08-28-14, 19:43
I am always incredulous that posters openly FR on what VPN etc they use etc as recent have done. Others who want to know what we use look at this site (and others) and once they see you openly bragging about Opera mini etc, they can then find ways to block access.

IMHO, keep all this to PMs not the open forum or you ruin access for many others.

What I use etc will always be secret and not mentioned on this thread. Many know what I use through the PM function but I would never state the product here a the LE / authorities will read and then find ways to stop our enjoyment.You advice against bragging about Opera mini. As Opera mini has been a well known secret for LE people during the last 5 years they already are well aware of the functionality and bragging doesn't give new info.

For accessing blocked sites long time back I used Tor network which worked but was quite slow. Then came DNS server, Proxies, Google Translate, VPN, Opera mini, Opera PC Turbo, you name it.

Opera mini uses Opera's own proxy servers, which are placed in "friendly countries" and which process and receive the data and UAE would not know whether data is coming from a blocked site or not, Information sent from and to the tablet is encrypted. Yes UAE can block this"illegal" browsing by blocking Opera mini meaning blocking access to Opera. Opera mini is a headache and LE everywhere know about it.

To my knowledge only China has been able to corner Opera. Don't think UAE can copy what China did in 2009:

"Opera plugs hole in Great Firewall of China.

Opera has sealed the hole its Mini browser tunneled through the Great Firewall of China.

With the international version of Opera Mini. The company's Java-based mobile browser. Chinese users had found a way of freeing themselves from local net filters, accessing sites otherwise banned by the government. The browser shuttles all net traffic through compression servers located outside the country, and naturally, those servers lack Chinese filters.

But on Friday, as reported by the BBC's Beijing bureau, Opera switched all Chinese users from Mini's international version to a Chinese version that uses local compression servers. And local filters.

Chinese Opera users, the BBC says, no longer have access to Facebook.

Opera confirmed the move with The Reg. "The difference between the Chinese and the international versions is that the former connects to compression servers within China while the latter connects to servers outside China," the company said in a canned statement.

"In more direct terms, this means that users of Opera Mini in China are using Opera's servers in China to fetch, compress, and process the Web pages before they are returned to the mobile phone. ".

The company would not discuss the reasons for the change. But we're assuming the decision wasn't made on its own. Opera did confirm that Chinese users have no choice in the matter. They must "upgrade" to the Chinese version and use the local proxy servers. ".

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/24/opera_mini_and_china/

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8376555.stm

The VPN I'm using can also get access to Server in China and I will try to test that out.

All LE people know about Opera mini however as a lot of other people may not know I think it is good to brag as some people struggling to access good sites as ISG may be helped.

Wicked Roger
08-28-14, 23:46
All LE people know about Opera mini however as a lot of other people may not know I think it is good to brag as some people struggling to access good sites as ISG may be helped.Bit too techie for me Sen69 but all I am saying is regardless of whether LE know or not, don't brag. Just PM the person as I have done in the past and asked questions about a certain service. Keep it off the boards in general terms just mention that you use something and PM for details.

As many are not IT experts and are basic users (eg me) and can say far too much on the subject on an open forum.

Sen69
08-29-14, 05:58
Bit too techie for me Sen69 but all I am saying is regardless of whether LE know or not, don't brag. Just PM the person as I have done in the past and asked questions about a certain service. Keep it off the boards in general terms just mention that you use something and PM for details.

As many are not IT experts and are basic users (eg me) and can say far too much on the subject on an open forum.Hi WR,

As an ISG newbie I admire your knowledge about mongering, have read a lot of your posts and have learnt a lot reading those posts. I notice however that you comment that you are not an IT expert. Neither am I however my knowledge in that specific area is more than basic? I probably know more about IT than mongering.

You commented that "No wonder LE know what sites to block". I then had to be a bit technical explaining that for Opera mini it is not about blocking sites but blocking the whole program (re VPN is is about blocking sites). Being a bit techie in my view posting openly about Opera is more or less the same as posting that there is prostitution in Dubai.

I have been reading ISG a lot lately. 6 months back I did not know about the site. Obviously a lot are having problems accessing ISG and a lot of them spend too much $$ on mongering to afford to pay 20 buck for access to PM.

I'm aware that I sticked my neck out and I'm sure there are It specialists out there who will arrest me if I'm wrong.

Cons68
08-30-14, 16:11
Then yes, the opera website will be blocked. May I remind if you buy a legitimate Apple phone here it will not have Facetime enabled and you will lbw unable to get it working even if you use a European SIM in Europe. Then of course you should buy a grey market one.

For some time you could bypass Etisalat's firewalls from your berry, when this became evident they strong armed RIM.

Mind control is priority #1 here, forget at your own peril.

Hi WR,

As an ISG newbie I admire your knowledge about mongering, have read a lot of your posts and have learnt a lot reading those posts. I notice however that you comment that you are not an IT expert. Neither am I however my knowledge in that specific area is more than basic? I probably know more about IT than mongering.

You commented that "No wonder LE know what sites to block". I then had to be a bit technical explaining that for Opera mini it is not about blocking sites but blocking the whole program (re VPN is is about blocking sites). Being a bit techie in my view posting openly about Opera is more or less the same as posting that there is prostitution in Dubai.

I have been reading ISG a lot lately. 6 months back I did not know about the site. Obviously a lot are having problems accessing ISG and a lot of them spend too much $$ on mongering to afford to pay 20 buck for access to PM.

I'm aware that I sticked my neck out and I'm sure there are It specialists out there who will arrest me if I'm wrong.

Sen69
08-30-14, 18:31
?... may i remind if you buy a legitimate apple phone here it will not have facetime enabled and you will lbw unable to get it working even if you use a european sim in europe...the facetime issue may differ. for 3? countries (uae, ksa and oman) facetime is software blocked by apple before shipping. reason either restriction of ip based communication technology or operator greed and wish for higher bills? i had one of those blocked units and could not even find facetime mentioned in settings. solution could be to jailbreak and edit the software configuration with warranty issues. that might not help you using local sim-card however wifi solution might work. example of greed is qatar where one operator is blocking and the other not. both blocking before. skype more or less doing the same and is blocked or speed slowed down in a lot of countries due to threat of revenue loss for telecom companies.

MaximusBibicus
08-31-14, 08:59
Don't underestimate knowledge of WR, he is the holy grail of all.

Hi WR,

You commented that "No wonder LE know what sites to block". I then had to be a bit technical explaining that for Opera mini it is not about blocking sites but blocking the whole program (re VPN is is about blocking sites). Being a bit techie in my view posting openly about Opera is more or less the same as posting that there is prostitution in Dubai..

Sen69
08-31-14, 18:28
Don't underestimate knowledge of WR, he is the holy grail of all.Don't think I underestimate WR, I only noticed he described himself as a basic IT user.

NightOwl69
12-05-14, 12:07
Hi.

I am not sure if this post would be considered and add hence it will be deleted or not. Anyway my vpn provider just sent me 15% discount link. I thought it might be useful here. If your vpn up for renewal or you want a new one here is the link https://my.hopthewall.com/index.php?a=services&rc=1Qm2AOQr.

You get 15% discount and I also get 15% discount on my renewal. If the post is not inland with fourm rules my apology.

Be safe.

Cons68
12-05-14, 18:48
Thanks a lot!

Hi.

I am not sure if this post would be considered and add hence it will be deleted or not. Anyway my vpn provider just sent me 15% discount link. I thought it might be useful here. If your vpn up for renewal or you want a new one here is the link https://my.hopthewall.com/index.php?a=services&rc=1Qm2AOQr.

You get 15% discount and I also get 15% discount on my renewal. If the post is not inland with fourm rules my apology.

Be safe.

AugustChrist
09-25-15, 21:51
I'm using HMA and since a week it can't get connected and the link to the website is blocked. Just FYI. Support did not find the solution yet.

Cheers.

AC

TheNone
09-27-15, 08:17
Use this betternet VPN. Its available for iOS, android and windows. And free.

Thanks me later.

Regards.

TheNone.

Member #4374
10-12-15, 13:15
ISG is blocked in UAE and for those looking for a reliable and affordable VPN I recommend Strongvpn. I've been using it for the past 5 years and can't be happier. It works with Windows, Mac, IOS, and Android. The price is also reasonable ($55 per year with PPTP access to 4 countries). The only limitation is that it doesn't allow simultaneous connections. The other free options but slower are Psiphon3 and Freegate. Hope it helps.

Cheers

Sen69
10-12-15, 17:44
ISG is blocked in UAE and for those looking for a reliable and affordable VPN I recommend Strongvpn......I'm having OverPlay (12 countries) but Opera Mini and Opera Turbo works fine without VPN.

Member #4374
10-12-15, 18:20
I'm having OverPlay (12 countries) but Opera Mini and Opera Turbo works fine without VPN.It's good to know that Overplay works here. Before purchasing the service from Strongvpn I emailed Overplay and they offered me a free trail account for 3 days (due to lot of positive reviews on the internet), but I couldn't get it working.

Cheers

Shinjuku
10-12-15, 18:22
I'm using HMA and since a week it can't get connected and the link to the website is blocked. Just FYI. Support did not find the solution yet.

Cheers.

ACI use HMA as well. Not had any problems.

BlackCitizen
10-27-15, 08:55
On Android FlashVPN is free and works. You can pay little money for the No Ad version.

Enjoy.

JakeMac
10-27-15, 14:55
I'm no expert but this is what I found. I loaded VPN onto some of my devices before I left the Western World and they work fine in the UAE. However, after arriving in the UAE, I tried to load the Apple app versions once I was here and while I could download the app I was not able to log onto to it -- onto the VPN I already had the account with. My advice is to get your VPN apps and software setup before traveling to the UAE. I'm sure there are work arounds and perhaps much more obscure VPNs than the popular one I am using; but if you want less hassles, get everything set up while in a country that has no restrictions.

BlackCitizen
10-27-15, 18:08
I'm no expert but this is what I found. I loaded VPN onto some of my devices before I left the Western World and they work fine in the UAE. However, after arriving in the UAE, I tried to load the Apple app versions once I was here and while I could download the app I was not able to log onto to it -- onto the VPN I already had the account with. My advice is to get your VPN apps and software setup before traveling to the UAE. I'm sure there are work arounds and perhaps much more obscure VPNs than the popular one I am using; but if you want less hassles, get everything set up while in a country that has no restrictions.Dear Jack,

Some VPN are beaten by the telcos systems here. I had a paid version of another VPN which I stopped using since it does not work anymore. The telcos here are always looking for ways to block even VPN service. Only the sofisticated ones survive. Strangely they are not always the expensive ones. I am actually using a free VPN wich at least protecteur ISG, Craiglist and MR.

Ultimate Avatar
10-28-15, 08:13
I would always recommend the paid ones compared to free ones. There are loads of them around if you get to google and search for VPN and this will lead you to some very good VPN service and it all depends what you like and choose one.

Happy browsing.

Cheers,

UAV

SheldonC
02-14-16, 11:58
How about just using Tor browser? (Google torproject to find where to download). It's free and it works anywhere!

Thanks.

Dear Jack,

Some VPN are beaten by the telcos systems here. I had a paid version of another VPN which I stopped using since it does not work anymore. The telcos here are always looking for ways to block even VPN service. Only the sofisticated ones survive. Strangely they are not always the expensive ones. I am actually using a free VPN wich at least protecteur ISG, Craiglist and MR.

Snow1998
05-14-16, 05:50
Some good info by Alex for blocked ISG.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?2394-Dubai-Reports&p=1878769&viewfull=1#post1878769

RaveMonger
05-15-16, 14:46
Some good info by Alex for blocked ISG.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?2394-Dubai-Reports&p=1878769&viewfull=1#post1878769Here's an easy solution for those who would like to access the blocked website. Just download Firefox Mozilla, then install HOXX as an add-on (Free) and then switch it on within the browser itself by selecting the country with available free servers and you can access everything you want. You will also require to register a free account with HOXX.

The above is simple and easy process.

Plush Tiger
05-15-16, 20:54
I have not followed the whole thread but while searching for a VPN, I came across this article:

http://www.emirates247.com/business/technology/vpn-use-punishable-under-law-dubai-police-2015-03-12-1.583914

According to officials it is illegal. I guess they mean for individuals as many multi national corporations and banks in particular have to use it. Anyhow, it is better to be discreet and I think that the telcos keep improving their system and as soon as one provider becomes popular they block access to their domain.

Burkster
05-25-16, 20:55
Slightly off topic.

What do you guys recommend for watching BBC iPlayer? I am happy to pay a nominal fee per month for the VPN service.

Stier1970
05-25-16, 20:57
Hi Burkster,

Use Zenmate. It's free and works perfect.

KR

Slightly off topic.

What do you guys recommend for watching BBC iPlayer? I am happy to pay a nominal fee per month for the VPN service.

BjWicked
06-13-16, 04:46
It would be very useful if the admins integrate the forums with Tapatalk, we will be able to use our phone to post reports and reply to other members. Instead of going to computer or use the family tablet.

I am ready to help if required.

MolsonFun1
07-29-16, 17:42
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/if-you-get-caught-using-vpn-uae-you-will-face-fines-545000-1572888

Any computer expertz care to share how easy or difficult it will be to track down and arrest anyone using a VPN?

Kind of scary, and I see my days might come to an end on here.

Plush Tiger
07-31-16, 10:32
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/if-you-get-caught-using-vpn-uae-you-will-face-fines-545000-1572888

Any computer expert care to share how easy or difficult it will be to track down and arrest anyone using a VPN?

Kind of scary, and I see my days might come to an end on here.I am not an expert in all these issues as I studied a bit the topic at university a few years back hence my knowledge is not updated. However I know that in principle if you use a VPN, you will open a TCP connection towards server's port 1723. So by monitoring traffic towards all this port, from your phone, at the central Internet nodes of the telco, LE will know that you are trying to open a VPN connection. They can also try to identify all connections towards VPN services IP addresses. Then whether you are browsing from home or on your phone, you are assigned an IP address by your telco which is static so there is a corresponding table associating your account with the IP address. From there it is easy to identify you since when opening an account you provided your Emirates ID or passport. Furthermore, we know for sure that they do monitor internet traffic as whenever you try to open certain pages, they deny access which means that all traffic goes through some central node. The only solution then it sot connect from a place where there WiFi access without the need to identify yourself. I think that rules are different from free zones or from your work which is very risky as your sysadmin can know which sites you connect to. I am not sure if this applies to companies as some do use VPN to connect to headquarters. But indeed this will make access to our favorite social network more difficult. The critical part is that if and when they put in place a specific system to monitor this, if they don't communicate on fines and arrests you won't hear about it until they knock on your door. The little hope is that they put this in place for other issues than targeting mongers (in the latter case everybody knows what hotels and places to target).

Snow1998
07-31-16, 18:20

Any computer expert care to share how easy or difficult it will be to track down and arrest anyone using a VPN?

Kind of scary, and I see my days might come to an end on here.My VPN provider has assured me what I browse via the VPN is not visible to any 3rd party or the internet service provider. To enable this encryption certain settings were adjusted as instructed by my VPN service. So without knowing what I have been accessing I guess it would be difficult to prosecute.

Plush Tiger
08-02-16, 10:08
My VPN provider has assured me what I browse via the VPN is not visible to any 3rd party or the internet service provider. To enable this encryption certain settings were adjusted as instructed by my VPN service. So without knowing what I have been accessing I guess it would be difficult to prosecute.Hi Snow,

That is true that it is very difficult technically to see the content of the connection, however, the new law seems to indicate, what will be punished is the very fact of using a VPN no matter what websites you are browsing. It could be as well that the simple fact of having on your devices any VPN apps even if you are not using may expose you to punishment. So better be careful.

SedanDevil
08-02-16, 15:08
The Gulf Business dot Com page had some clarification.

Committing a crime using a VPN or using VPN to hide the commission of a crime is what the new law is targeting.

Legitimate users will not be affected.

No crimes here. We all tell fictional stories about imaginary events that have never occurred. All similarities to persons and places is strictly coincidental.

My VPN provider has assured me what I browse via the VPN is not visible to any 3rd party or the internet service provider. To enable this encryption certain settings were adjusted as instructed by my VPN service. So without knowing what I have been accessing I guess it would be difficult to prosecute.

Wicked Roger
08-03-16, 01:01
The Gulf Business dot Com page had some clarification.

Committing a crime using a VPN or using VPN to hide the commission of a crime is what the new law is targeting.

Legitimate users will not be affected.

No crimes here. We all tell fictional stories about imaginary events that have never occurred. All similarities to persons and places is strictly coincidental.I think using a VPN to use Skype and not use Etisalat's over priced and poor service is a crime. But am not going to read the telco laws to clarify this (but I read that some time ago that using non accredited telecoms was illegal as in Skype and other messenger apps that allow the millions of expats to call home for a small price).

Rad11
08-03-16, 18:09
Guys,

I use opera on my smartphone. And I can open ISG.

There is no problem of any kind and I use my phone data.

Or my home or work networks.

So no need for VPN but on chrome I can't open anything.

Sen69
08-22-16, 02:34
I recently installed Opera VPN on iPad from App Store. Works easy and perfect (in Qatar). Anyone tried? I'm an Opera Mini fan. Don't use VPN that often. Have paid OverPlay version but have had connection problems lately.

Naked Gunz
09-13-16, 04:10
Express VPN, all the way!

Fredo24
09-14-16, 12:24
Hi Snow,

That is true that it is very difficult technically to see the content of the connection, however, the new law seems to indicate, what will be punished is the very fact of using a VPN no matter what websites you are browsing. It could be as well that the simple fact of having on your devices any VPN apps even if you are not using may expose you to punishment. So better be careful.It is simply impossible to see the content of an encrypted message, which is what a VPN does. As the message is encrypted, the Great UAE Firewall cannot see which websites you want to go to.

It is however very easy to simply see which IP address is using a VPN (as all the traffic from that IP address will be encrypted).

I do think there are ways to overcome that by using proxies in foreign countries (making various hops before you actually start the VPN), but that is advanced hacking.

However, almost all larger companies make use of VPNs to encrypt their data traffic. It is not imaginable they will forbid these companies to use their VPNs. So instead of simply looking for encrypted traffic, they will probably try to make an exhaustive list of VPN services IP addresses and blacklist these in their DNS. That is what Netflix also does. That means that if you set up your own VPN service, which can be located in any country, you would still be able to use a VPN. Setting up a VPN service just for yourself is very easy if you have a friend e. G. In Europe.

Most likely this is targeting Daesh more than the use of ISG or other "decadent" services. 90% of the people I know in UAE are using a VPN.

I know the telecom world pretty well and there is talk in UAE of even forbidding Whatsapp for the same reasons (encrypted traffic. Although the NSA can probably read everything anyway). I think the Android world will be more censored soon in fact.

Alex7J
09-14-16, 15:53
It is simply impossible to see the content of an encrypted message, which is what a VPN does. As the message is encrypted, the Great UAE Firewall cannot see which websites you want to go to.

It is however very easy to simply see which IP address is using a VPN (as all the traffic from that IP address will be encrypted).

I do think there are ways to overcome that by using proxies in foreign countries (making various hops before you actually start the VPN), but that is advanced hacking.

However, almost all larger companies make use of VPNs to encrypt their data traffic. It is not imaginable they will forbid these companies to use their VPNs. So instead of simply looking for encrypted traffic, they will probably try to make an exhaustive list of VPN services IP addresses and blacklist these in their DNS. That is what Netflix also does. That means that if you set up your own VPN service, which can be located in any country, you would still be able to use a VPN..If I had so much knowledge I would have fucked women for free in Dubai.

IndianKing
09-19-16, 07:06
The VPN law is really confusing here in UAE. Recent article doesn't really help either LOL. I think they are more interested in blocking calls than they are for preventing sites like ISG.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/government/use-of-vpn-in-the-uae-still-confusing-despite-recent-law-change

Rocky Bigboner
04-03-18, 06:09
I live in KCA and have etisilat elife and etisilat cellular and I can't get any VPNs to work. I am in Canada for a few days so have been able to hop on to this forum.

Has anyone been able to use VPN with success on elife? Does it work on Du in the capital? Anyone with skype?

Rocky Bigboner
04-03-18, 14:42
Hi Anyone have luck with a VPN in Khalifa city A using etisilat and E Life?

Can't get on ISG for the last few months because nothing works on any of my apple or android devices. I tried Zenmate and a bunch of other free ones, I used to have HMA (paid) and that stopped working.

I am in Canada for the next couple of days so I can access it here so any help will be appreciated. Please DM me.

AmRev2017
04-03-18, 19:43
Just install Browsec plugin on your Chrome and turn it on.

There won't be any problem after that.

Cheers!!

Kerb Krawler
04-03-18, 20:42
I live in KCA and have etisilat elife and etisilat cellular and I can't get any VPNs to work. I am in Canada for a few days so have been able to hop on to this forum.

Has anyone been able to use VPN with success on elife? Does it work on Du in the capital? Anyone with skype?I have used VPNGates without any hitches in AUH, since I struggled to get any decent viewing. (8-10 years). It is a paid service approx US 120 per annum. Worth it IMO.

Note: I don't use Skype or any other VOIP chat lines.

Claxton
04-03-18, 20:52
Hi Anyone have luck with a VPN in Khalifa city A using etisilat and E Life?

Can't get on ISG for the last few months because nothing works on any of my apple or android devices. I tried Zenmate and a bunch of other free ones, I used to have HMA (paid) and that stopped working.

I am in Canada for the next couple of days so I can access it here so any help will be appreciated. Please DM me.Check your PM.

Rocky Bigboner
04-04-18, 05:15
Check your PM.Thanks Claxton and Burkster. I'll give it a shot when back.

Cons68
06-30-18, 14:45
Folks, it seems TOR can now be blocked reasonably easily. Please check.

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/18/06/26/2021237/venezuela-is-blocking-access-to-the-tor-network

Given how keen LE in the UAE is on new shiny toys I would expect this to be the case soon (assuming did not happen yet).

I am currently not in the UAE, I will check when I am back and post an update.

Good luck.

SamiHeart143
06-30-18, 14:55
Folks, it seems TOR can now be blocked reasonably easily. Please check.

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/18/06/26/2021237/venezuela-is-blocking-access-to-the-tor-network

Given how keen LE in the UAE is on new shiny toys I would expect this to be the case soon (assuming did not happen yet).

I am currently not in the UAE, I will check when I am back and post an update.

Good luck.My Dear,

Tor is old game now. I'm using something amazing. Fast. Easy. Reliable. Free. And 1000 x better than TOR. If you want details PM me, lets keep the conversation going.

Cheers,

Sam.

Ronny69
12-26-18, 10:02
Brothers,

I'm going to shift in UAE for business reasons.

I'm a porn addict. Please suggest the way to access to porn in UAE?

Even VPN is illegal please suggest the way out?

How will you guys access to ISG from UAE?

Help will be appreciated.

I will reciprocate & I can provide some good contacts in Delhi & Hyderabad.

Thanks,

Ronny.

Ronny69
12-26-18, 10:43
Brother,

I'm from India and relocating to UAE.

I'm a porn addict. Need your help how can I access to porn?

Is VPN legal? Can they catch you if you are using VPN to access porn or ISG?

How do you access ISG?

Answers to these questions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I will return the favor sometime.

Thanks.

Ronny.

Languine
12-26-18, 20:55
Brother,

I'm from India and relocating to UAE.

I'm a porn addict. Need your help how can I access to porn?

Is VPN legal? Can they catch you if you are using VPN to access porn or ISG?

How do you access ISG?

Answers to these questions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I will return the favor sometime.

Thanks.

Ronny.Hello,

I don't think you will find troubles if you use VPN private for porno and whack off. Enjoy boss.

BornToRule
05-20-19, 12:19
Hello guys,

Can anyone suggest me a VPN (for laptop) which doesn't require installation? Though I am familier with many VPNs, but they do require installing them in your system before you use them.

Thanks in Advance.

Geneva Guy
05-20-19, 15:44
Hello guys,

Can anyone suggest me a VPN (for laptop) which doesn't require installation? Though I am familier with many VPNs, but they do require installing them in your system before you use them.

Thanks in Advance.Try the EPIC browser, you can set many countries as your IP address, I have used it and seems to work good.

GG.

Tool Shedd
08-01-19, 15:34
I am using Nord VPN. It works wonderful at the Yas Island Rotana. It is blocked at my work housing and at Al Diar Dana. Does anyone know a work around for this? I am only in Abu Dhabi on weekends, and I hate to taxi out to the Rotana (which I did tonight) just to check the forum and Abu Dhabi boards.

Please give me some ideas. I looked back on this board, but nothing recent has been posted on this issue.

I will taxi back to the Rotana Saturday before I leave town, hopefully someone can post something that will get me through this.

Thanks in advance.

Tool Shedd.

Cons68
08-01-19, 17:29
Hello,

I don't think you will find troubles if you use VPN private for porno and whack off. Enjoy boss.Actually using a VPN is illegal in the UAE. Rarely enforced, but illegal.

Kitgraf
08-11-19, 21:37
Guys,

You could also rent a server and use it as your VPN. Easy to set up and way more secure.

Peterbry
10-06-19, 09:26
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. I know there are several threads on where to go in Abu Dhabi to 'pick up' ladies in bars but I have more of a technical question. In my country I tend to use Seeking to meet ladies as a 'sugar daddy' arrangement, but I'm moving to Abu Dhabi for about 4 months in a few weeks and I've been reading how the UAE as a whole is very restricted in terms of internet access. One way around this it seems is to use a VPN but, again from reading posts on the internet, even this is now getting clamped down.

Can anyone confirm if:

A) Using a VPN in Abu Dhabi is OK, or does that still get you in to trouble? I've read it's not illegal to use a VPN, it's only illegal to use a VPN for criminal purposes and it seem using a VPN to access porn / escorts is a criminal offence?

B) If you can use a VPN, which one is best? I see on this thread NordVPN is discussed, but it seems it is also getting blocked now. How about ExpressVPN? Or are there other, better options?

C) Can you use a VPN to access Seeking, and is Seeking useful in Abu Dhabi to find ladies to meet?

D) If Seeking isn't any good for meeting ladies in Abu Dhabi are there any other websites that are good for meeting ladies in Abu Dhabi? Or is it all done via 'bars'?

'Picking up' ladies in 'known' bars isn't really my thing. And also being new to the city I wouldn't want to fall foul of any local laws, which I hear are quite strict.

Thanks.

Plush Tiger
12-07-19, 19:43
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum. I know there are several threads on where to go in Abu Dhabi to 'pick up' ladies in bars but I have more of a technical question. In my country I tend to use Seeking to meet ladies as a 'sugar daddy' arrangement, but I'm moving to Abu Dhabi for about 4 months in a few weeks and I've been reading how the UAE as a whole is very restricted in terms of internet access. One way around this it seems is to use a VPN but, again from reading posts on the internet, even this is now getting clamped down.

Can anyone confirm if:

A) Using a VPN in Abu Dhabi is OK, or does that still get you in to trouble? I've read it's not illegal to use a VPN, it's only illegal to use a VPN for criminal purposes and it seem using a VPN to access porn / escorts is a criminal offence?The law is ambiguous as many corporate have VPNs but as for other things, it seems that you are let to do an illegal thing as there's a big gray area and all of a sudden they would start enforcing it.

As for the ones that work I am using Zen VPN and Browsec. The later sometimes gets me on the operator's banned page when I tray to go to the ISG landing page.

I hope it helps.

Plush Tiger
12-13-19, 12:17
I am using Browsec which works fine except when I try to go to the main UAE thread, I land on the infamous "Surf Safely" page instead. There's an easy work around: I have bookmarked the pages and I go directly to my favourite sub threads. I have noticed a pattern, it seems that pages with UAE in the URL are blocked. This seems benign but it raises two questions. The first is why do they selectively block a few pages. The second which is more worrisome is how? Do they have means to see where you are browsing despite using a VPN? Kinda scary. Anyone has noticed a similar pattern?

Surf safe!

Snow1998
01-01-20, 13:58
I am using Nord VPN. It works wonderful at the Yas Island Rotana. It is blocked at my work housing and at Al Diar Dana. Does anyone know a work around for this? I am only in Abu Dhabi on weekends, and I hate to taxi out to the Rotana (which I did tonight) just to check the forum and Abu Dhabi boards.

Please give me some ideas. I looked back on this board, but nothing recent has been posted on this issue.

I will taxi back to the Rotana Saturday before I leave town, hopefully someone can post something that will get me through this.

Thanks in advance.

Tool Shedd.A bit late but did you find a solution?

I had issues with witopia as well and their customer support have given me work around IP addresses to get by.

Maverick Dubai
01-06-20, 13:03
So still using the premium version of hss from the Apple store but dies out within 35-40 minutes. Click out and then reconnect and it starts working. Dunno if this helps anyone but do let me know.

SamiHeart143
01-09-20, 12:10
So still using the premium version of hss from the Apple store but dies out within 35-40 minutes. Click out and then reconnect and it starts working. Dunno if this helps anyone but do let me know.Dude,

I'm using much better secret than HSS. HSS is nothing. PM me to gt info. Your life will be chnged.

Xavieos
01-21-20, 20:51
Dude,

I'm using much better secret than HSS. HSS is nothing. PM me to gt info. Your life will be chnged.Hi, I'm interested in this. My VPN is not working well lately with ISG.

I wanted to send you a PM, but I can't find the option to do so. Can you contact me, please?

===============================================

Greetings,

It appears from your post that you don't quite understand the Forum's Private Message service.

To use the Forum's Private Message service, both you and the Forum Member you are trying to contact must be either a subscriber or a Senior Member.

Admin

Plush Tiger
06-17-20, 07:21
Hi there,

I found out that using an alternative browser, (its logo is an onion and its name sounds like that of a viking God).

Hope it helps.

Dizaster
11-23-20, 05:23
I use VPN chrome extensions and they work perfectly fine, back in the day (10 years ago) it wasn't that easy, used to operate on hotspot shield and it was a hassle to initiate a stable connection on it.

Oh the good ol' Days.

Plush Tiger
02-03-21, 06:30
There must be a lot of members to this forum LOL.

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/news/6-out-of-10-uae-residents-use-vpn-report

Despite that it is supposedly forbidden save for companies. Maybe people are "working" from home.

Plush Tiger
08-23-21, 14:19
There must be a lot of members to this forum LOL.

https://www.khaleejtimes.com/news/6-out-of-10-uae-residents-use-vpn-report

Despite that it is supposedly forbidden save for companies. Maybe people are "working" from home.https://www.khaleejtimes.com/technology/uae-do-you-use-vpn-to-make-internet-calls-know-these-rules

BionicMan
08-23-21, 22:40
Hi there,

I found out that using an alternative browser, (its logo is an onion and its name sounds like that of a viking God).

Hope it helps.It used to be ok, very slow but worked, then after I updated it. Zero!

I am lucky when I go to a 5* hotel as there is no limit, everything is accessible through its Wifi as when at home. Don't ask me why.

ZenMinded1
09-10-21, 19:59
Hi all,

As advised by Plush Tiger in the Dubai Reports thread, copy pasting my tip here:

I tried multiple VPNs, cheap ones, expensive ones, hyped ones, obscure ones, and then invested time and effort to setup my own AlgoVPN on google cloud. Once you set it up, or maybe find someone on fiverr or similar to set it up for you, and if you know what you're doing it takes about 20 minutes, it's a revolution. Superfast speeds (as you basically have your own private VPN), whole world of choice (where you setup your cloud server is where AlgoVPN will position you after connecting), quick connection using wireguard and all that for about 10 USD / month.

For setting it up for all of you horny dogs, with multiple users things just run into the same issue as with commercial VPNs, which is bandwidth. Also, I am actually not that tech savvy to be able to maintain a bunch of users using a cloud console, but it's a good idea if someone here is. There is no way to audit traffic by either AlgoVPN or admin of an installation on a cloud, there's only logs of amount of data transferred.

Komnetkijken
09-15-21, 14:20
Hi all,

As advised by Plush Tiger in the Dubai Reports thread, copy pasting my tip here:

I tried multiple VPNs, cheap ones, expensive ones, hyped ones, obscure ones, and then invested time and effort to setup my own AlgoVPN on google cloud. Once you set it up, or maybe find someone on fiverr or similar to set it up for you, and if you know what you're doing it takes about 20 minutes, it's a revolution. Superfast speeds (as you basically have your own private VPN), whole world of choice (where you setup your cloud server is where AlgoVPN will position you after connecting), quick connection using wireguard and all that for about 10 USD / month.

For setting it up for all of you horny dogs, with multiple users things just run into the same issue as with commercial VPNs, which is bandwidth. Also, I am actually not that tech savvy to be able to maintain a bunch of users using a cloud console, but it's a good idea if someone here is. There is no way to audit traffic by either AlgoVPN or admin of an installation on a cloud, there's only logs of amount of data transferred.I gave it a try but so far didn't get it working. I have installed a OpenVPN server in Google Cloud. That was easy enough. But I got stuck on connecting my device to this VPN-server. I might watch some more YouTube videos, there are tons of them.

For sure, it's more convenient to just use nordvpn.).

ZenMinded1
09-15-21, 18:14
I gave it a try but so far didn't get it working. I have installed a OpenVPN server in Google Cloud. That was easy enough. But I got stuck on connecting my device to this VPN-server. I might watch some more YouTube videos, there are tons of them.

For sure, it's more convenient to just use nordvpn.).Too bad. Though AlgoVPN on their github page (full instructions on how to install step by step scrolling down) specifically mentions there is no open VPN installation at all, the point is it's all automatic. I remember there was one step where you have to enter a path to some file on the cloud server, that one bugged me to no end until I figured it out, after that worked like a charm.

Mdacoltpk100
09-16-21, 11:07
You guys should also look into downloading Epic browser on your Windows machine. Has a host of built in proxy servers, so no need for VPN when accessing your choice sites.

A proxy server is where your data hits the internet. In UAE it is the Etisalat server, but Epic redirects to other more suitable proxies automatically. Very easy to use.

AUHumble
09-25-21, 04:01
https://9to5mac.com/2021/09/16/iphone-exploit-sold-by-us-firm/

Plush Tiger
08-06-22, 13:15
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/uae/uae-use-of-vpns-to-access-blocked-content-on-the-rise-in-2022

Big up to Nord VPN which is shooting itself in the foot, by flagging this, they will be the next VPN provider to be blocked.

Snow1998
08-23-22, 03:14
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/uae/uae-use-of-vpns-to-access-blocked-content-on-the-rise-in-2022

Big up to Nord VPN which is shooting itself in the foot, by flagging this, they will be the next VPN provider to be blocked.I was shown this article by a friend, its interesting as the whole idea of a VPN is to mask ones IP and except for the vpn provider no one theoretically can see what content one is browsing.

Plush Tiger
01-02-23, 07:18
If you're in the market for a VPN, don't bother to pay for this one, it does not work anymore.

Tokio1234
05-10-23, 21:38
I set up my own Wiregard VPN Server with a Raspberry Pi. The server sitting at home somewhere in Europe and works great.

For Synology user are also Solution to install a Wireguard VPN.

You can also make a combination with adguart as aDNS then you have ad free Brausing experience.

Plush Tiger
02-04-24, 16:07
This article (https://www.khaleejtimes.com/business/tech/uae-residents-permitted-to-use-vpns-misuse-is-a-problem-says-cybersecurity-chief) shows that they are tracking usage, know that everyone or almost is using it and tacitly allow it (I guess free internet calls) and are really about cybersecurity and limit access to certain "sensitive websites". Keep a low profile!