PDA

View Full Version : First Trip to Philippines

PeterTaylor
09-19-11, 14:10
Guys,

I would be grateful for some advice as I have not been to PI before.

Cathay have a deal on in January that would see me get to Manila for about £580 from Heathrow. Was thinking about Hong Kong, but they have upped prices.

Thought about spending a couple of days in Manila and 7/8 days in Angeles and then a couple more in Manila. I am mainly mongereing so only interested in quality of girls / bars / hotels.

Where best to stay in Manila? Thought about Makati as there seem to be clubs nearby? Where should I go and where to avoid?

In Angeles, I thought about ABC? What do you guys think re location / vfm / etc/

Would it be worthwhile making side trip to Cebu?

Many thanks.

Peter

Sammon
09-19-11, 14:21
guys,

i would be grateful for some advice as i have not been to pi before.

Cathay have a deal on in january that would see me get to manila for about £580 from heathrow. Was thinking about hong kong, but they have upped prices.

Thought about spending a couple of days in manila and 7/8 days in angeles and then a couple more in manila. I am mainly mongereing so only interested in quality of girls / bars / hotels.

Where best to stay in manila? Thought about makati as there seem to be clubs nearby? Where should i go and where to avoid?

In angeles, i thought about abc? What do you guys think re location / vfm / etc/

would it be worthwhile making side trip to cebu?

Many thanks.

Peterread the forum. Do not be lazy. All info is here.

Docwiltro
10-08-11, 10:20
Guys,

I would be grateful for some advice as I have not been to PI before.

Cathay have a deal on in January that would see me get to Manila for about £580 from Heathrow. Was thinking about Hong Kong, but they have upped prices.

Thought about spending a couple of days in Manila and 7/8 days in Angeles and then a couple more in Manila. I am mainly mongereing so only interested in quality of girls / bars / hotels.

Where best to stay in Manila? Thought about Makati as there seem to be clubs nearby? Where should I go and where to avoid?

In Angeles, I thought about ABC? What do you guys think re location / vfm / etc/

Would it be worthwhile making side trip to Cebu?

Many thanks.

PeterThe ABC Hotel in Angeles is IMO the nicest hotel on Field's; I've added a pic, but since it is a couple years old, you won't see the new wing: all suites from what I heard. ABC is a bit on the periphery, perhaps a 5 to 10 minute walk from the clubs on Field's.

In Makati, you cannot go wrong with the New World Renaissance Hotel across the street from Greenbelt 3 where the Havana Cafe (freelance joint) is located. The P. Burgos clubs are about a 5 minute taxi ride away.

A Cebu side trip would probably require more time; I'd stay in A. C. And Makati for a 10 day trip.

IM Punter
11-28-11, 01:14
My first trip will be in Feb 2012. I'd like a local phone num when there. Can I get a SIM card at the airport or is it possible to order one online and have sent to the US so I can hit the ground running in PI? Ideally I would like to know my phone number before I leave.

AfAsia
11-28-11, 08:39
My first trip will be in Feb 2012. I'd like a local phone num when there. Can I get a SIM card at the airport or is it possible to order one online and have sent to the US so I can hit the ground running in PI? Ideally I would like to know my phone number before I leave.Sim are available at most foodstore in Manila

Red Kilt
11-28-11, 08:59
My first trip will be in Feb 2012. I'd like a local phone num when there. Can I get a SIM card at the airport or is it possible to order one online and have sent to the US so I can hit the ground running in PI? Ideally I would like to know my phone number before I leave.Just get a SIM card at the airport. Not worth the fuss to get in advance.

Surely you have your own local number to give to people at home. You don't want them calling you on your mongering card LOL.

If you have one phone only, go to the nearest NOKIA store and buy the bottom of the line new phone (just over 2000 pisos and it will be good to use anywhere else you go)

There are several booths once you get past customs where you can buy SIM packs. You will need additional load too.

You have a choice of carriers with Globe and SMART being the bigger ones. I suggest you go with SMART as most girls tend to use SMART.

Read the handout they give you to learn how to get unlimited texts and some free calls per day or per 2 days.

For example, if you text UNLI25 to 6406 you get unlimited texts for the next 24 hours and a few calls (I forget how many) for only 25 pisos. There are lots of other offers including promos for IDD calls and texts.

Stroker Ace88
11-28-11, 17:38
read the forum. Do not be lazy. All info is here.Agreed, RTFF and ask if you do not find the answers to specific questions, but alot of the info is there. Putting in the time to read instead of post is beyond the reach of many.

Aussie Jo
12-05-11, 22:26
My first trip will be in Feb 2012. I'd like a local phone num when there. Can I get a SIM card at the airport or is it possible to order one online and have sent to the US so I can hit the ground running in PI? Ideally I would like to know my phone number before I leave.For a number for people to call you from home, consider a VOIP number or a Skype number. Your folks call your local US number and it comes to your Skype login on your PC at your hotel. For me, I don't want calls to my cell phone when I am out looking for Asian beaver.

Econo Tech
12-06-11, 05:47
My first trip will be in Feb 2012. I'd like a local phone num when there. Can I get a SIM card at the airport or is it possible to order one online and have sent to the US so I can hit the ground running in PI? Ideally I would like to know my phone number before I leave.Ah. So you can arrange your 'dates' when you land there. Haha.

Well, google up on Filipino Shops in your area, there is bound to be one nearby or around there, and you can ask them to post you.

Smart used to sell sim cards online, with cheap instruments.

Sammon
12-06-11, 15:45
My first trip will be in Feb 2012. I'd like a local phone num when there. Can I get a SIM card at the airport or is it possible to order one online and have sent to the US so I can hit the ground running in PI? Ideally I would like to know my phone number before I leave.What is the rush? You can take a taxi to the hotel, walk to the nearest 7-11 and buy sim card. If your honey is going to meet you at the airport she will wait for you with or without you calling her. These girls are used to waiting long hours in their daily life.

Barney Rubber
12-07-11, 01:38
What is the rush? You can take a taxi to the hotel, walk to the nearest 7-11 and buy sim card. If your honey is going to meet you at the airport she will wait for you with or without you calling her. These girls are used to waiting long hours in their daily life.And stay at Clarkton. Get a free airport pick-up. Buy a SIM card in the hotel. Check-in. Go down stairs in Mirrors and band a girl from the club.

Newbster
01-10-12, 23:11
Hi,

I posted a little on the hotel forum where I had my eyes opened sadly. The short story is that I'm a regular USA guy, LF love, marriage, family, kids with a Filipina. I signed up for a romance tour with a marriage agency. I booked a flight to Cebu in Feb. The guys on the forum felt that this was ridiculous and that I'd be introduced to mainly professionals and gold diggers and set up to be taken advantage of.

I'm not interested in mongering although if I can get a couple of hookups during my trip there it would be a bonus. But is not my real intent. My real intent is to find a girl who's sweet, marriage-minded, loving, std-free. You get the idea. I'm looking for something real and dating pro girls with std's isn't even close to what I'm looking for. .

So, any advice on where I should go? It sounds like Cebu is pretty fast lane (although Manila is worse). Is Davao better? What sort of plan should I follow and where should I go? I guess I could easily use my plane ticket to Cebu to go to Davao or a smaller city that isn't overrun by pro girls. Anyone please offer advice. I'm all ears. Believe me a lot of naive guys like me are signing up for this stuff. .

Thanks

Geneva Guy
01-11-12, 00:46
Hi,

I posted a little on the hotel forum where I had my eyes opened sadly. The short story is that I'm a regular USA guy, LF love, marriage, family, kids with a Filipina. I signed up for a romance tour with a marriage agency. I booked a flight to Cebu in Feb. The guys on the forum felt that this was ridiculous and that I'd be introduced to mainly professionals and gold diggers and set up to be taken advantage of.

I'm not interested in mongering although if I can get a couple of hookups during my trip there it would be a bonus. But is not my real intent. My real intent is to find a girl who's sweet, marriage-minded, loving, std-free. You get the idea. I'm looking for something real and dating pro girls with std's isn't even close to what I'm looking for. .

So, any advice on where I should go? It sounds like Cebu is pretty fast lane (although Manila is worse). Is Davao better? What sort of plan should I follow and where should I go? I guess I could easily use my plane ticket to Cebu to go to Davao or a smaller city that isn't overrun by pro girls. Anyone please offer advice. I'm all ears. Believe me a lot of naive guys like me are signing up for this stuff. .

ThanksThere are other sites for guys looking for filipina brides and some are sweet and real. But, you aren't a member so can't send you a private message and we can't post websites on the board. But look around. I found a very sweet girl from cebu who comes to meet me in Singapore. She is "separated" (so still married) as am I, so no talk of marriage (that's ok with me) but lots of fun, clean and horny as heck!

GG

Tally Wacker
01-11-12, 00:46
Hi,

The short story is that I'm a regular USA guy, LF love, marriage, family, kids with a Filipina. I signed up for a romance tour with a marriage agency. ThanksHow old are you and what part of USA are you from?

Also, you are not set up to receive private messages?

Amanut
01-11-12, 05:21
Hi,

My real intent is to find a girl who's sweet, marriage-minded, loving, std-free. You get the idea. I'm looking for something real and dating pro girls with std's isn't even close to what I'm looking for. .

ThanksMy advise is the same as on the other thread. I am no expert having only been there twice. But what worked for me was to study the forum, study the travel guides, and then start off gentle. Be a tourist. See the sites. Find a cabbie you trust, use him as a guide to see the sites and be prepared to dump him when you finally realize he is screwing you. As I said before, nothing in North America will prepare you for what is on the other side of the security guards of your hotel.

I started with Manila then Cebu and Bohol on my first trip. That was enough. I met some good people and some bad. My best contact was the woman in charge of security at my hotel. That was because every time I went out for a smoke she was there and asked me "where is your companion". She also watched me in the hotel security cam. When she realized I was alone she explained a lot to me. That being said. It has not stopped her from asking me for loans for family emergencies as recently as today. Keep in mind that emergencies happen all the time and they have been dealing with them before the met you. Today it was her mother who is very ill. My response was that my daughter is going for surgery tomorrow and I had to spend all my money on my daughter's emergency. It's BS but Filipinos always respect caring for family.

My second trip this year I was to Manila and Cebu again plus I added Palawan, CDO, and Camiguin Island. It takes awhile to get to know each area so I would just stay with Cebu for now and get a sense of what it is about.

My final piece of advise to you is to keep in mind that when these ladies say they will guide you it's often useless. They want to guide you to places they have heard about that are close but where they have not been to. Even though they were born and raised in the area, they are often so poor that they have only dreamed about going to and staying at the places they suggest.

Keep you eyes wide open. I hope the experienced members agree with most of what I have written.

Chocha Monger
01-11-12, 07:58
Hi,

ThanksAre you serious? Do you actually believe what you saw in the romance tour videos? The women looking for foreigners to marry in the Philippines are in the lower class with no prospects. To them you represent a ticket out of their impoverished country and a source of revenue to support their extended families. Of course, if you deplane all starry eyed offering love and marriage there is no end to the number of poor Filipinas who would offer you love. Just remember love means money for them. If you don't give them plenty of love (money) and be there with endless love (money) for their family you will be treated accordingly.

Don't think a pre-nup is going to save your ass in US divorce court when your wife is a poor immigrant. If the agreement doesn't provide everything she needs to survive on her own in the event of a split the judge will shit on it and throw it out. Then you'll look like a mean old coot in courts seeking to exploit poor ignorant young women from the Third World. Then you'll feel the whole weight of the justice system come raining down on you. The other members have given you a dose of reality and while the medicine is harsh I doubt it will do you any good as you seem hell bent on finding love at any cost.

You said that you are middle aged, divorced and had a string of failed relationships. Why do you think that a relationship with a poor ignorant Filipina from a foreign culture will turn out any better? The two of you will have absolutely nothing in common and then the age difference will further complicate things back in the States. You said you have no problems establishing relationships with women at home. So, what are you really looking for? The sweet loving nature of Filipinas is superficial and not unrelated to the fact that they need and want money from you. How many sweet loving Filipinas have you dated in the States?

Take your time and take a few more extended trips get to know the women and then see if you feel the same way.

Stroker Ace88
01-11-12, 09:27
Take your time and take a few more extended trips get to know the women and then see if you feel the same way.Gee, I was all ready for CM's first trip to the Philippines when I saw him posting here, but I guess not. :D

Good advice for the marriage agency guy, but doubt he will listen.

Sammon
01-11-12, 18:02
Hi,

ThanksI am not going to discourage you from finding a wife in Philippines. Although your choice of marriage agency for visit is not a good idea. All these agencies charge fees to you as well as the girl for introduction. Ofcourse the girl will want to get money from you.

In Philippines it is all about money. Very few opportunities for a foreigner to marry for pure love. All girls want marriage and the financial security comes with it. In Philippines the financial security is extended to immediate family as well as a foreigner is percieved as rich. Besides average family consists of atleast 5-10 incuding parents. So they all need money for this and that.

If you overlook girl's past life you can find lots of nice girls to marry. There are many good looking girls. If you are going to marry I suggest little older without kids. Young girls will do and say anything till they come to USA and run away or start screwing on the side. As you know you cannot control anybody in USA including wife and kids. Besides it will be socially very uncomfortable for a old man to go around with a young trophy wife unless you are multimillionaire.

Like any relationships things can go downhill after marriage be it be local or foreign bride. I would go to Phi often on my own, chat girls, meet them, do not fall in love with the first girl you meet. Girls are also choosie these days. If you are ugly, obese, heavy smoker even a poor girl will not want to be with you.

Smaller cities and provinces gets the better result atleast in the begining if you are looking for simple, honest girls. Phi girls will say what you want to hear.

Growtek
01-12-12, 03:19
I'd accept the economic angle as inevitable. You're not going to marry rich unless you have something better to offer (status or your own high income). It's going to be poor girls looking to make a better life for themselves and their parents. Because they're young and foolish they'll manage your money about as well as a US teenager would. They'll lie but the foreigner does more than half the work for the girl. Famous last words "She's different".

I met my 4' 9" Vietnamese GF 6 years ago at a restaurant in the US. She's 17 years younger than me and looks a lot younger than her current age of 33 (or maybe I look a lot older than my age of 50 heh). I think meeting her stateside was better. I boinked her the first night but have had a long time to get to know her. I know she, like most every woman has her economic interests at heart. Her family is not rich or poor. They have a small shop but have relatives who've done better. I don't send money to her family nor have I ever been asked. She's been living in my house but paying her own bills and contributing to the household until she recently lost her job.

She knows if we marry it will be with a pre-nup. I take one long trip a year if it's feasible for my schedule with a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. I have no interests in having a mistress or other emotional attachment anyways because after all this time I realize I love her.

I've had a beautiful young woman in Thailand I was going to marry and it turned out to be the worst decision of my life. The only lucky thing was I found out she was fucking around on me before the wedding.

I've seen some marriages work, some not. In either case there was an age difference although usually younger on the fails (along with lower education, lack of language skills, expectations of the punter, etc).

FreebieFan
01-12-12, 05:23
Gee, I was all ready for CM's first trip to the Philippines when I saw him posting here, but I guess not. .CM is a thinking mans TurdyCurdy1 LOL. But he still doesn't know that much about the country hes never been to. And he sure a Jack hasnt made a trip report.

Buko Max
01-12-12, 09:10
CM is a thinking mans TurdyCurdy1 LOL. But he still doesn't know that much about the country hes never been to. And he sure a Jack hasnt made a trip report.Yes and on another board he is known as Bareback Barack!

Hank Moody
01-12-12, 19:47
Last year on the morning news I saw a segment on mail order brides that led me to sign up for a free seminar at a local Los Angeles hotel. It was well presented, but seemed expensive to communicate with the girls through thier system. The all inclusive trips looked tempting as well. I looked into going on one to the Philippines, but their schedule did not fit mine.

The outfit was called A Foreign Affair. They have an upcomming trip to Cebu in January / February, is that the one you are on?

Hi,

So, any advice on where I should go? It sounds like Cebu is pretty fast lane (although Manila is worse). Is Davao better? What sort of plan should I follow and where should I go? I guess I could easily use my plane ticket to Cebu to go to Davao or a smaller city that isn't overrun by pro girls. Anyone please offer advice. I'm all ears. Believe me a lot of naive guys like me are signing up for this stuff.

Thanks

Radical Guy
01-12-12, 21:33
She knows if we marry it will be with a pre-nup. I take one long trip a year if it's feasible for my schedule with a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. I have no interests in having a mistress or other emotional attachment anyways because after all this time I realize I love her.

I've had a beautiful young woman in Thailand I was going to marry and it turned out to be the worst decision of my life. The only lucky thing was I found out she was fucking around on me before the wedding.

I've seen some marriages work, some not. In either case there was an age difference although usually younger on the fails (along with lower education, lack of language skills, expectations of the punter, etc).I am a family law attorney, and I recently represented a wife in a divorce, an Indonesian whose husband brought her to the US on a fiancee visa. When she arrived in the US, he had a prenup all written up, took her to a notary, and told her she had to sign or else no marriage. She never really had a chance to read or review it with an attorney before signing.

Well, about six years after the marriage, my client filed for divorce. The husband tried to limit her entitlements based on the prenup, but I was able to have it thrown out based on unconscionability, both in the manner in which the husband obtained the prenup, and in the substantial unfairness of the terms.

Prenups will be generally be enforced, but you need to be careful in the way they are drafted and executed. Consult with an attorney on this, and make sure that you can show that your fiancee at least had an opportunity to read and take it to an attorney for consultation. Otherwise, you might be exposing yourself financially in ways you least expect- until it's too late.

RG

GoodEnough
01-12-12, 23:07
I know I've said this before, but in light of the recent discussions about Newster's intentions, perhaps it bears repeating. Most of the longer-term expats I know here (including myself) are in long-term relationships of one sort or another. Without exception, within my circle of friends, these relationships work and the couple appear to be extremely happy with each other. Some of the guys have spouses in their own age group while for others (including myself) , there's a huge age gap. The one factor all of us have in common is that we live here, were able to take our time, and didn't make any impulsive judgments based on the loud demands of our smaller heads.

From my perspective then, based on the past 8 years of so of experience, it's not only feasible, but also easy to avoid the scammers, avoid supporting the family a the to evade most of not all of the pitfalls described by others. The key variable of course is time: time to meet lots of "candidates, time to get to know each other, and time to establish a real relationship. Marriage agencies should probably be avoided at all costs: their motivations are purely financial and it's doubtful they vet the girls. A much better (and less expensive) alternative is to decide on a specific city in which to stay, start writing to some expats who live there, and see if their partners / wives / girlfriends have any friends anxious to meet foreigners. Alternatively, go to expat gathering places (not the sleazy bars and clubs) and get to know the guys who hang out in these. I'm not a church-goer, but I have been told that the churches are other viable venues for meeting serious,"normal" women.

For whatever it's worth-and being free it may not be worth much-my advice is to stay in a place for at least a month, and longer if possible. Let the newness of the place, and the rose colored glasses that often accompany the newness, evaporate, and wait until you've established a comfort zone. I think you'll then find that there are lots of serious, intelligent and sincere women in the "candidate pool."

GE

Red Kilt
01-13-12, 04:16
. SNIP. .

For whatever it's worth-and being free it may not be worth much-my advice is to stay in a place for at least a month, and longer if possible. Let the newness of the place, and the rose colored glasses that often accompany the newness, evaporate, and wait until you've established a comfort zone. I think you'll then find that there are lots of serious, intelligent and sincere women in the "candidate pool."As one of the long-term members of GE's circle of friends, I can only endorse whole-heartedly every single one of his statements.

In fact, it should be listed as a "Post of Distinction" and I will do that when I work out how to do it.

Wife-seekers: please read and then re-read GE's post and treat it as an excellent guide to finding a wife or a long-term partner.

Stroker Ace88
01-13-12, 04:50
In fact, it should be listed as a "Post of Distinction" and I will do that when I work out how to do it.

Wife-seekers: please read and then re-read GE's post and treat it as an excellent guide to finding a wife or a long-term partner.RK,

First quote GE's post as if you were going to reply. Next copy the link from your browser and paste it in the ROD section.

Add [....URL] [/....URL] At either end. Click preview to check if the link works. (periods added to by-pass the forum software, remove them when you go to post)

Voila.

Newbster
01-13-12, 16:32
I know I've said this before, but in light of the recent discussions about Newster's intentions, perhaps it bears repeating. Most of the longer-term expats I know here (including myself) are in long-term relationships of one sort or another. Without exception, within my circle of friends, these relationships work and the couple appear to be extremely happy with each other. Some of the guys have spouses in their own age group while for others (including myself) , there's a huge age gap. The one factor all of us have in common is that we live here, were able to take our time, and didn't make any impulsive judgments based on the loud demands of our smaller heads.

From my perspective then, based on the past 8 years of so of experience, it's not only feasible, but also easy to avoid the scammers, avoid supporting the family a the to evade most of not all of the pitfalls described by others. The key variable of course is time: time to meet lots of "candidates, time to get to know each other, and time to establish a real relationship. Marriage agencies should probably be avoided at all costs: their motivations are purely financial and it's doubtful they vet the girls. A much better (and less expensive) alternative is to decide on a specific city in which to stay, start writing to some expats who live there, and see if their partners / wives / girlfriends have any friends anxious to meet foreigners. Alternatively, go to expat gathering places (not the sleazy bars and clubs) and get to know the guys who hang out in these. I'm not a church-goer, but I have been told that the churches are other viable venues for meeting serious,"normal" women.

For whatever it's worth-and being free it may not be worth much-my advice is to stay in a place for at least a month, and longer if possible. Let the newness of the place, and the rose colored glasses that often accompany the newness, evaporate, and wait until you've established a comfort zone. I think you'll then find that there are lots of serious, intelligent and sincere women in the "candidate pool."

GEHi GE,

I see this as great advice and thanks for it. I like what you say but unfortunately I have limited vacation time. I just can't take that much time from work, the 8 days I'm taking is already pushing it. More would flip my boss out. So if I go it's Cebu in early Feb for 10 days.

From what you guys have said, a woman who is around 28-30, with a real job, some university / college, preferably teacher / nurse / professional, definitely not bargirl, kids are ok, hopefully not a super poor family would be my target demographic. I'd add on a qualifier of in reasonably good shape and a little cute at least.

If anyone knows of any good women like that around Cebu who might be interested I'd be grateful for an intro.

I've sent a bunch of PM's to all of the other posters already to answer any questions asked to me. Thanks.

Red Kilt
01-14-12, 04:22
. I like what you say but unfortunately I have limited vacation time. I just can't take that much time from work, the 8 days I'm taking is already pushing it. More would flip my boss out. So if I go it's Cebu in early Feb for 10 days.

. .But just to reiterate what we are all saying:

Please treat the first trip as a pipe-opener (pardon the pun) and get contact details of a number of girls that YOU ACTUALLY MEET and that really "floated your boat".

Go back home. Stay in touch with them all and see what evolves.

As each one starts asking for some cash consideration for assistance with various things eliminate them from your list.

After 6 months you will have a good core of worthwhile follow-ups (called "keepers" in the monger lexicon).

Return again and start making hard plans with your short-list.

Whatever you do, DON"T try to find a wife in 10 days. Just find a list of possibilities.

Niteluvr
01-14-12, 04:36
But just to reiterate what we are all saying:

Please treat the first trip as a pipe-opener (pardon the pun) and get contact details of a number of girls that YOU ACTUALLY MEET and that really "floated your boat".

Go back home. Stay in touch with them all and see what evolves.

As each one starts asking for some cash consideration for assistance with various things eliminate them from your list.

After 6 months you will have a good core of worthwhile follow-ups (called "keepers" in the monger lexicon).

Return again and start making hard plans with your short-list.

Whatever you do, DON"T try to find a wife in 10 days. Just find a list of possibilities.Solid advice in any mongering destination. Have not been to the Phils but have mongered in several other Asian countries. From what I have gathered of Pinays, it pays to have a big list. Met and hung out with a few here in the States and they all seem to have that "floating" mentality, like they're not really serious about anything, just partake in any opportunities or relationships they come across that might fit their fancy at any given moment. I guess that's why they are always stuck on the low end of Asian desirables. It's inbred.

Punter 127
01-14-12, 06:13
RK,

First quote GE's post as if you were going to reply. Next copy the link from your browser and paste it in the ROD section.

Add [.... URL] [.... URL] At either end. Click preview to check if the link works. (periods added to by-pass the forum software, remove them when you go to post)

Voila.This seems a little easier to me.

1. Left click the report number (upper right conner of every post)

2. Left click your browser address line and the report link address will appear. (you must do step one before step two or you will not get the report address)

3. Highlight the address (if not already) then right click and copy the link from the Browser address line.

4. Go to ROD and click add report.

5. Type any remarks you may have in the new report.

6. Paste link in the new report and then press enter/return.

7. Preview and/or upload the report.

No need to quote the original report and you do not need to type in '[.... URL] [.... URL]' When you paste a link address, the forum software will add them for you when you click preview or upload the report.

Give it a try.

Muzza2
02-13-12, 08:03
From my perspective then, based on the past 8 years of so of experience, it's not only feasible, but also easy to avoid the scammers, avoid supporting the family a the to evade most of not all of the pitfalls described by others.At approximately 42 pesos per US dollar (as of February 2012) , we are not talking about a lot of money required to support the family. My Filipino wife sends her grandmother, the woman who actually raised her, one-thousand pesos per month for anti-hypertensive medications. This comes to whopping $23 every month. Even if I was retired and living entirely on Social Security, I could afford that (and I am not retired). We recently sponsored my wife's brother on a tourist visa to join us in Dubai (where I am currently living and working). He found work in less than two weeks and paid back whatever monies we had advanced him for this trip in addition to some money we had loaned him in the past. Family members help each other out and decent people do not take advantage of relatives.

You need to use common sense when seeking a wife of any nationality. Many have already offered good advice for avoiding the scammers. Personally I would never even consider trying to "convert" a former working girl into a wife. The prospect for success in doing this is somewhat greater in the Philippines than in Thailand, I suspect, but for any girl who has felt the need to-for whatever reason-sell herself, there is a certain quality of inner desperation and defensive callousness that never goes away and does not transport or translate well into housewifery and motherhood*

As others have written, the best way to find a Filipino wife is by spending time in the Philippines and I would definitely recommend getting involved with a local church for this purpose. I was very lucky in that I found my wife through a Filipina Internet dating website (this was six years ago though and I understand a lot has changed since then). You have to be very careful and you have to possess enough sense not to send any money to a woman you have never met in person. You need to immediately eliminate any woman who asks you for money prior to having met you. I was fortunate in that the woman I met online, who would later become my wife, was also working in the same overseas city as I was at the time, so we were able to meet in person after establishing mutual interest (and this is the only legitimate and safe way for using an Internet dating service). Not coincidentally, my wife is a devout Christian.

My wife and I have been married for five years. This is my third marriage and despite the age difference of 25 years, this is by far the healthiest and happiest marriage that I have ever known. According to Filipino government sources, the divorce rate between American men and Filipino women is around 20 percent. Anyone who is married to a Pinay can tell you why that is so. If I had a son of marrying age, I'd strongly advise him to marry a Filipina.

I am not some over-the-hill, bald, fat, and financially-challenged guy who can't find or attract a decent American woman. I'm in my 50s, well-educated with a professional degree, I have all my hair, I'm in decent shape, and earn over six figures. If I had known back then what I know now, I would have sought a Filipina the first time around. Filipino women are essentially raised to be devoted wives. Pardon the cliche but it is true: My wife's floors are so clean, you can literally eat off of them. This might not be important to many but for a guy who was previously married to two American women who never picked up a mop or dust rag the entire time we were married, it's a pleasure to be in such a marriage now. It is also a relief to be in a relationship with a woman in which not everything has to be a damn negotiation. I don't have the patience for that anymore.

If I can send a few dollars to my wife's grandmother, or sponsor another family member to give him or her a shot at a better life, it is the very least I can do to express my appreciation and gratitude for having been blessed this time around with a truly devoted, loving, caring, and beautiful wife. My best advice is that if you are going to feel resentment over sending some support money back home to the wife's family, you should immediately abandon the idea of marrying any girl of Asian descent.

__________________.

*I suspect that "Cherry Girls," I. E, girls who hang out in bars or clubs in order to have access to Western men and who do not engage in sexual intercourse, might be an exception to this rule as they are not fully participating in prostitution.

Member #4491
02-15-12, 20:51
My wife and I have been married for five years.Great to read a positive report on a successful marriage. I see good marriages around me a lot, and are surprised by the negative view some people here have on marrying or engaging in long term relations with girls from the Philippines. They make super wives in many aspects. You point at simple but important aspects of a relationship that many guys from USA, Europe and Australia wish they could have, especially with a couple of marriages in the baggage.

On the topic of sharing I think some people are just to cheap for their own good. It is all an equation of happiness, so why not share a little and feel good about this. I share my money all the time and magically there are new bills in my pocket every day. A balanced amount generosity makes me happier, and as a result I produce more and earn more. Karma.

B.

Fslag338
04-09-12, 20:42
Muzza: applause! Very balanced view and totally true.

Dan7373
07-29-12, 12:39

GEThere is more than one way to choose well a good female partner for yourself. And you don't necessarily need to get officially married to have a good long-term relationship with a woman. Official marriage is just a contract sanctioned by the government. It's not the real marriage. The real marriage is your every-day relationship with her.

From the way you describe how to choose a woman for yourself, it sounds as if the woman's looks, sexiness, and attractiveness are not even on the agenda. It's all about whom she knows, who her friends are, and what her situation in her community is. Which sounds a little strange to me. Because sexual attraction is the basic motivation why men want to have a relationship with a woman in the first place. You sound so scared of getting scammed and cheated by a woman that you've forgotten to look for the attractiveness and the sex with the woman. It's all about how to avoid getting cheated by the woman, rather than how attractive she is and how good she is in bed with you.

It's important to avoid getting cheated by a woman of course. But this shouldn't be your main consideration. The main thing is to find a woman you really like, and then you consider the other things to make sure that your relationship with her will be a happy one for both. Otherwise your marriage sounds like an arranged marriage from India or some other place like that. It's not about your personal relationship with her. It's all about her social situation in life and how well she fits into your place within society.

Your advice on how to avoid supporting and helping the woman's relatives sounds logical and effective. But I think it's a mistake to avoid helping her relatives. Because the cost usually isn't that much. The cost of living in the Philippines is very low by Western standards. And your benefit of helping her relatives is much greater than your cost. When you are helping her relatives financially, then you become a part of her extended family according to the Filipino culture. And then your marriage is not just with her, it's with her whole family. Her whole family supports your marriage with her and encourages her to be good with you in her relationship with you.

I think you are taking a big risk, when you try to divorce your marriage from the woman's culture, her community, and her extended family. Because without such support, you make your marriage exactly like western marriage, which is very insecure, often unhappy, and prone to divorce.

Red Kilt
07-29-12, 14:19
. <SNIP

I think you are taking a big risk, when you try to divorce your marriage from the woman's culture, her community, and her extended family. Because without such support, you make your marriage exactly like western marriage, which is very insecure, often unhappy, and prone to divorce.A nice little lecture from you Dan but I think you have taken an extremely literal interpretation of GE's post as a basis to describe your own take on things.

Knowing GE as I do, I know that he most certainly does NOT "divorce his marriage from the woman's culture, her community, and her extended family".

I don't disagree with most of the things that you say but as one of those described in GE's second sentence, I am sure you understand that both he and I, with long-standing and successful relationships (him for 8 years; me for 13) have some established norms within our relationships.

I believe that it is very necessary to establish that not everything that a family requires from us as the "foreigner" will be provided. Filipinos love the "thin edge of the wedge" approach to things. In fact, most SE Asian societies are a bit like this, as I have discovered in my professional business life working in Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Philippines. They take a little bit at the start and push you ever so slightly backwards and then steadily increase demands softly softly until suddenly you discover that you have lost a lot of ground through incremental creep. Filipinas do this in personal relationships too, but they also respect you when you are firm and decisive about what is acceptable and what is not. My relationship with my "family" is one of mutual respect and has grown closer over time.

Thanks for your "advice". Maybe some newbies contemplating a life here need to consider it but with some variations to your set of rules.

D Cups
07-29-12, 15:07
Thanks, M. Good to know. I am single, never married but looking for a Filipina wife in the future. Seems like we have a lot in common although I could drop about 20 pounds. Does she let you monger if you are discreet? Curious.

[QUOTE=Muzza2; 1247498]According to Filipino government sources, the divorce rate between American men and Filipino women is around 20 percent. Anyone who is married to a Pinay can tell you why that is so. If I had a son of marrying age, I'd strongly advise him to marry a Filipina.

I am not some over-the-hill, bald, fat, and financially-challenged guy who can't find or attract a decent American woman. I'm in my 50s, well-educated with a professional degree, I have all my hair, I'm in decent shape, and earn over six figures. If I had known back then what I know now, I would have sought a Filipina the first time around. Filipino women are essentially raised to be devoted wives.

Dan7373
07-29-12, 18:36

I believe that it is very necessary to establish that not everything that a family requires from us as the "foreigner" will be provided. Filipinos love the "thin edge of the wedge" approach to things. In fact, most SE Asian societies are a bit like this, as I have discovered in my professional business life working in Thailand, Vietnam, Laos and Philippines. They take a little bit at the start and push you ever so slightly backwards and then steadily increase demands softly softly until suddenly you discover that you have lost a lot of ground through incremental creep. Filipinas do this in personal relationships too, but they also respect you when you are firm and decisive about what is acceptable and what is not. My relationship with my "family" is one of mutual respect and has grown closer over time.

Thanks for your "advice". Maybe some newbies contemplating a life here need to consider it but with some variations to your set of rules.I agree that you need to watch your spending on her family and make sure that you don't start living beyond your means. But if you can afford the expense, then why not help out her relatives?

Some westerners seem to treat this issue as a matter of principle, where they won't help out her family even when they can easily afford it. Which looks really mean from the point of view of her relatives. This certainly isn't a good way to make yourself look good in front of people she cares about a lot. This kind of thing is bound to affect her feelings towards you in a negative way, even if she won't argue with you.

I suppose, if you are very careful about choosing the lady, and she isn't that attractive to begin with, then you can get away with all kinds of negative things in your marriage and still keep your marriage going relatively well. But if you go for the most attractive lady you can find, someone who might have options other than you, then you need to do everything you can to make her happy with you, so that your marriage with her will go well. And it's with a very attractive lady like this that you need to be on the good side of her relatives, so that they will support your marriage with her and persuade her to stay with you, even if you end up with marriage problems that could lead to divorce.

It all depends if you want just an average marriage with an average woman, or if you want the best woman you can get. If you want the best woman you can get and keep her too, then you need to go out of your way to make your relationship work well with her. And this is where my "advice" might come in handy.

Patrick Smith
09-02-12, 07:34
I'll be staying in Makati for 2 weeks on my first trip to the Philippines and would appreciate your advice regarding a reliable driver that can take me around and show me the night life scene.

Thanks

AColonizer
11-23-12, 13:19
Hello.

1. I need an effective travel medical kit to identify sexual-transmitted diseases in girls in Philippines: which ones can you suggest me?

2. I want to carry the main medicines against sexual-transmitted diseases for my own use: which ones can you advise me?

Thanks for help.

Wicked Roger
11-23-12, 20:37
Hello.

1. I need an effective travel medical kit to identify sexual-transmitted diseases in girls in Philippines: which ones can you suggest me?

2. I want to carry the main medicines against sexual-transmitted diseases for my own use: which ones can you advise me?

Thanks for help.Sometimes a quick RTFF helps. As there is plenty of information on this but as a starter frpom today's FR in AC.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1972-Angeles-City&p=1352396&viewfull=1#post1352396

Slippery
11-24-12, 03:02
Acolonizer, you have over 1, 000 posts and you are asking that question?

Xaftas
11-02-13, 05:32
At approximately 42 pesos per US dollar (as of February 2012) , we are not talking about a lot of money required to support the family. My Filipino wife sends her grandmother, the woman who actually raised her, one-thousand pesos per month for anti-hypertensive medications. This comes to whopping $23 every month. Even if I was retired and living entirely on Social Security, I could afford that (and I am not retired). We recently sponsored my wife's brother on a tourist visa to join us in Dubai (where I am currently living and working). He found work in less than two weeks and paid back whatever monies we had advanced him for this trip in addition to some money we had loaned him in the past. Family members help each other out and decent people do not take advantage of relatives.

You need to use common sense when seeking a wife of any nationality. Many have already offered good advice for avoiding the scammers. Personally I would never even consider trying to "convert" a former working girl into a wife. The prospect for success in doing this is somewhat greater in the Philippines than in Thailand, I suspect, but for any girl who has felt the need to-for whatever reason-sell herself, there is a certain quality of inner desperation and defensive callousness that never goes away and does not transport or translate well into housewifery and motherhood*

As others have written, the best way to find a Filipino wife is by spending time in the Philippines and I would definitely recommend getting involved with a local church for this purpose. I was very lucky in that I found my wife through a Filipina Internet dating website (this was six years ago though and I understand a lot has changed since then). You have to be very careful and you have to possess enough sense not to send any money to a woman you have never met in person. You need to immediately eliminate any woman who asks you for money prior to having met you. I was fortunate in that the woman I met online, who would later become my wife, was also working in the same overseas city as I was at the time, so we were able to meet in person after establishing mutual interest (and this is the only legitimate and safe way for using an Internet dating service). Not coincidentally, my wife is a devout Christian..Hats off Sir! Well said brother!