PDA

View Full Version : Tagalog Phrases

D Cups
02-17-12, 15:59
Maybe it's my background having taken law for a number of years that leads me to have a finer attention to detail and uncover your bola, anyways I digress.

Scientia potentia est.Hi Stroker,

I've always heard it pronounced boola boola. Is that correct, counselor?

Guys, we really should start a thread on Tagalog phrases. It has helped me in the past to know things like kiki and didi and soo-soo. What do you think? Anyone fluent in Tagalog?

Uncle Goober
02-18-12, 05:33
I've always heard it pronounced boola boola. Is that correct, counselor?DC,

I think that because different regions have different accents / dialects, therefore various of us will have heard different stresses on pronunciation.

The Luzon girls tend in my experience to say something somewhere between bull-a and boll-a, rather than bool-a / boo-la. Not so much experience with Cebuanas, only been there 7 times.

Cheers.

Stroker Ace88
02-18-12, 10:23
Hi Stroker,

I've always heard it pronounced boola boola. Is that correct, counselor?

Guys, we really should start a thread on Tagalog phrases. It has helped me in the past to know things like kiki and didi and soo-soo. What do you think? Anyone fluent in Tagalog?DCups,

In the Visayas most of the girls I have come across (and on) only pronounce it in a singular term. The real term is 'bola-bola' but most have shortened it to just the singular 'bola'. Bola-Bola does have many different meanings; balls, food items that are round shaped, in some places in the Philippines it can mean big knife like a machete, and it also means 'bull s*it'. I most often use it in the later reference.

They do this with other things too. Example, 'lapu-lapu' converts to 'lapu' the singular when discussing the place, but most still use the full term 'lapu-lapu' when talking about the lapu-lapu type of fish.

Also a tip for less experienced guys who chat with women from the Philippines. Most will use text message short-hand to save both time and space. So for example when you get a message from a girl and she says,"Hi hun me I'm living lapux2 can you by kuya mtorbke I wuvu!" That means "Hi rich foreigner I am staying with my auntie in lapu-lapu and I want you to send me money so my local boyfriend can buy a motorbike to transport me back and forth to meet you at your hotel in Cebu City".

A word followed by 'x2' always means times 2, she is not telling you she is into super-hero movies.

Red Kilt
02-18-12, 13:49
Guys, we really should start a thread on Tagalog phrases. It has helped me in the past to know things like kiki and didi and soo-soo. What do you think? Anyone fluent in Tagalog?Do a Google search DC.

There are 100s of sites with these sorts of phrases in them. Many bar sites also have a section called "Useful phrases".

Remember that Tagalog and Bisayan are quite different in many aspects. Throw in Ilonggo and Ilokano terms and phrases and so such a site needs good moderation or it gets messy.

I will PM you a few of them but you don't need them. The girls know the english equivalents very well.

Riverman
02-21-12, 06:18
Hmm really 1997? Your first post was December 6th 2009, long way away from 1997 di ba. Are you counting lurking? I do think you have been around for awhile because your profile was upgraded to senior status using the old standard of 25 posts but maybe 5yrs not the 15yrs you claim. I can remember a time when the old forum software would display when a member joined and any previous aliases used in their profile, but that feature was dropped along the way in subsequent platform upgrades.

Here is your premiere post when you claimed to be heading to the Philippines for the first time in March or April 2010.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1512-Living-in-the-Philippines&p=962666#post962666

2 years? So if your first trip was in March 2010, and you stayed in the Philippines since that date, that would make your stay almost 2yrs. But as you posted Feburary 4th 2011 (link below) you spent 6 weeks in Spring 2010 and you were back for 8 more weeks. That makes 14 weeks. Three and a half months your first year is a far cry from living in the Philippines for the past 2 years.

http://www.internationalsexguide.info/forum/showthread.php?1004-Cebu&p=1119692#post1119692

Personally I could care less if you have spent 5mins 5months or 50years in the Philippines, it's none of my business. You did however make it my business after I tried to enlighten you on your double-post and you replied with some bola. Maybe it's my background having taken law for a number of years that leads me to have a finer attention to detail and uncover your bola, anyways I digress.

Scientia potentia est.Regarding, the double post / double title. I believe what has happened is that after typing up my report and submitting I was given a message from the server that my session was timed out and that the report did not upload. This caused me to log back in and repost the report. This being the case, I would caution other infrequent or new posters to type up their report in Word or something on their pc or laptop before posting it, so they avoid this problem.

Regarding my residence in cebu, for the past 2 years I have spent 75% of my time there, rather than the USA. Therefore, I consider that I live here. I do go back and forth, but most of my time is here and over the next year, probably 90% of my time will be here.

Cheers

D Cups
02-21-12, 14:24
DCups,

I The real term is 'bola-bola' but most have shortened it to just the singular 'bola'. Bola-Bola does have many different meanings; balls, food items that are round shaped, in some places in the Philippines it can mean big knife like a machete, and it also means 'bull s*it'. I most often use it in the later reference.Good to know, Stroker. Thanks! I hope nobody gets their boolas cut off by a boola for talking too much boola. Haha

SergeantRay
02-23-12, 02:26
I think this thread should be dedicated to Bisaya / Cebuano.

Of course, Cebuano is the language spoken in Cebu. I'd put Tagalog in one of the other threads, such as Manila.

A difficulty with Cebuano is that it's so hard to find good instructional materials. There are few good ones in Tagalog, and Cebuano is even harder to find.

Bisaya. Com is an interesting resource.

Bonus:

A machete is called a "bolo" in Tagalog. In Cebuano, it's a "sanggot," which is also a sickle.

D Cups
02-23-12, 16:28
Hello,

How are you? Kamusta ka?

I am fine mabuti.

What is your name? Ano ang pangalan mo?

My name is Jeff Ang pangalan ko ay Jeff.

I am a professor from Calif Ako ay propesor mula sa.

I don't understand Hindi ko mainfindhan.

Is that right? Ta la ga?

How much Kung magkano?

Too much Masayadong marami.

Less Mas kaunti.

Good mainam.

Bad masama.

Please paki.

Thank you salamat.

You're welcome Walang anuman.

Where is the bank? Saan ang bank?

Where is the bathroom? Nasaan ang banyo.

Where is American food? Saan ang.

Yes O o

No hindi.

Where ca I find. Saan ko mahahanap.

Come visit me Bisitahin ang lumapit sa akin.

Sexy girl Sexy babae.

You are very pretty Ikaw ay very pretty.

I like it Gust ko ito.

I want.

I want you.

All night Gusto ko.

Gusto ko sa iyo.

Lahat ng gabi.

Big boobs Malaki sou-sous.

Bigger boobs Mas malaki.

Do you have a boyfriend? Ang maroon kayong isang kagintahan?

Feels good Nararamdaman mabuti.

In your mouth Sa iyong bibig.

Between your breasts Sa pagitan ng iyong sousou.

Suck sumipsip.

Play with my balls Makipaglaro sa aking mga bola.

Lick it Dilaan ito.

Swallow lunok.

On your face Sa iyong mukha.

You are beautiful Ikaw ay maganda.

You are the best Ikaw ang pina kamhusay na.

Can I take your picture? Puwede bang kumuhang iyong mga larawan?

Make love Gumawa ng pag-ibig.

Harder mahirap.

Softer hinaan

Boomer085
02-26-12, 20:32

Of course, Cebuano is the language spoken in Cebu. I'd put Tagalog in one of the other threads, such as Manila.

A difficulty with Cebuano is that it's so hard to find good instructional materials. There are few good ones in Tagalog, and Cebuano is even harder to find.

Bisaya. Com is an interesting resource.

Bonus:

A machete is called a "bolo" in Tagalog. In Cebuano, it's a "sanggot," which is also a sickle.ROFL thanks for the laugh, but I give you 100 kudos points for trying. I speak both tagalog and bisaya. They are all wrong.

Machete= "itak" in tagalog (bolo, jungle bolo can be understood too)

Machete= "Sundang" in bisaya (sanggot is the curved one, scythe or a sickle used for harvesting "palay" the un-milled rice)

The ones in tagalog below lots of it isn't exactly right but its pretty close.

Buko Max
03-10-12, 09:01

Of course, Cebuano is the language spoken in Cebu. I'd put Tagalog in one of the other threads, such as Manila.I second your motion! The only people that speak Tagalog in Cebu are tourists from Manila!

PULUTAN: Food you eat while you are drinking.

Member #4351
03-10-12, 17:35
Boto = pussy.

Tintin = cock

Stroker Ace88
03-10-12, 18:07
I second your motion! The only people that speak Tagalog in Cebu are tourists from Manila!

PULUTAN: Food you eat while you are drinking.One step further would be PICA-PICA, which roughly translates into 'finger food' that can be consumed while drinking.

SergeantRay
03-10-12, 19:46
"Sumsuman" is Bisaya for "pulutan."

Boomer,

I'm glad I can add amusement to your life. If you'd like to roll on the floor some more, try "guna" for a "sanggot."

D Cups
06-17-12, 17:08
Mattrick, can you translate all the tagalog words to Cebuana, please?

Or at least your favorite ones?

Say you are sweet on a sweet Cebuana and you really want to impress her. What do you say, please? . Thanks.

I second your motion! The only people that speak Tagalog in Cebu are tourists from Manila!

PULUTAN: Food you eat while you are drinking.

Member #4351
06-18-12, 00:39
Say you are sweet on a sweet Cebuana and you really want to impress her. What do you say, please?"ako patukaron ang ako guitar ug kantahan teka"

This means: "I'll play my guitar and sing to you".

Wicked Roger
06-20-12, 18:57
"ako patukaron ang ako guitar ug kantahan teka"

This means: "I'll play my guitar and sing to you".Try "puwet loboton" to a cute Cebuana. She will react

D Cups
06-20-12, 22:12
What does it mean, Rog?

David, thank you for the other translation.

Try "puwet loboton" to a cute Cebuana. She will react

Wicked Roger
06-21-12, 20:42
What does it mean, Rog?

David, thank you for the other translation.Ask the lady DC as she will be surprised by your knowlegde. But as you know WR I let you reason as to where that phrase will take you with the girl. But while Visayan it could also be Greek LOL

Tanglin
06-22-12, 00:46
Try "puwet loboton" to a cute Cebuana. She will reactIndeed she will. And did ;-)

Roycankor
06-22-12, 17:42
Next month will be my 7th trip to Cebu City and surrounding areas and I am aware that many people speak Tagalog, but the majority spoke Cebuano / Visayan / Bisayan. So my question is. Shouldn't this thread be called "Cebuano Phrases"? And perhaps even throw in Cebuano slang? I've been trying to learn their language from my gf who lives and works in CC but it's difficult with their mixtures of slang, especially when they text. Hehehe.

Just a peso for your thoughts.

Trevor2522
02-13-19, 03:22
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YrGmXAALKg&frags=wn

Great YouTube Video on Filipinas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=126Q03ujlsc&frags=pl%2Cwn