PDA

View Full Version : Buying-Renting-Driving Motorcycles in Cebu

Sam 14
01-27-12, 05:17
Anything comments you guys would like to give me would be much appreciated. I know murderbikes are dangerous as hell in terms of getting smashed up. I got a couple thousand hours on then on Koh Samui and other Thai places, and have seen friends killed. But I'm a pretty advanced rider and use alot of caution. Haven't been to PI yet though. Here's my Idea. I thought I'd go to Cebu. Hang out for a few days to get the feel, then rent a motorbike. Looks like they're going for around 500 a day in other places according to the guide book? I don't even know if they rent them in Cebu, but I suppose I could get a month rate at maybe 300 a day? Anyhow thought I'd head out and do a little ferry hopping. Check out some of the other islands. Maybe head down to Dumaguete. Is that a stupid idea. Or even possible you think? My biggest concern I guess is getting the bike on to the ferries which I wouldn't imagine being much of a problem. Although on Bali, you can't take a rental car off the island. The other thing would be getting fucked over or robbed out on some road, or my throat slit up on some mountain? Or the bike ripped off. I know alot of the places I've been in Latin America don't even rent them due to that. Thanks alot for any imput. The more the better.

GoodEnough
01-27-12, 15:21
I'm probably not as experienced a rider as you, but my bike was the only transportation I had during my first couple of years here. I finally sold it because I realized that the drivers here are just too nuts, and I didn't want to tempt fate any more than I already had. Here in Davao, where I live (and now drive a large Pajero) , my driver told me that there are about 30 accidents a day just in this city, between motorcycles and jeepneys, and guess who comes out on the loosing end of those confrontations every time? Granted, the cycle drivers are as nuts as the other drivers, so smart, defensive driving may improve your odds. The fact is though, that with drivers routinely ignoring all other road traffic, and engaging in the most imbecillic behavior imagineable, skill just isn't always enough to save you.

GE

Sam 14
01-28-12, 06:38
RRM: Reading through your (relatively short) 17 posts, almost all of them are questions about what to expect when you arrive (see below). You posted the 'Motorbike' question 6 times on different threads. You have yet to write a single descriptive Field Report from filipines (or anywhere). Please go to phils first, write a report, and then ask questions.

Also, spend the $20 (as you travel Columbia, brazil, and Thailand, so we know you can afford it) so we can PM you. Such a cheapie.Haha. Ok man. Good point. I got it. Instead of always asking questions, especially not something dumb like how are the beach girls in a place I'm debating whether or not to go, I should give back something informative for you all. Since the only place I know good is Thailand, Maybe I should go to that forum and post some reports to maybe enlighten someone. I doubt if I have anything that hasn't already been said 100, 000 times over though. I got a really hot one from Tiger Bar named Pow, we shagged for an hour and it was 1, 500 baht for her and 600 baht bar fine. She wouldn't do long time. Then I banged 25 more. But seriously, maybe I ought to scroll for guys asking questions, then I can try to help. I think I did that once. I answered some guys question about a good place to stay on Samui. I guess I'll try to make time to do more of that. Thanks for pointing out my selfishness.

Haven't been to PI yet so don't have a damn thing to report. And I won't have anymore stupid questions to bother you with after I go. But Ill be sure to add a full report when I get back.

I suppose the reason I never posted about the other 3 places I've been: Colombia, Dominican Republic, and Sri Lanka is because they were all huge disappointments. In that order, from biggest to least. And I wasn't expecting much. I didn't post because I didn't think it would do anyone any good to talk a bunch of negative self richeous shit about places these guys seen to really enjoy. But I did post the answer to the question I had asked about the motorbikes in DR. I left the name and number of the only decent deal I could find in the whole country, where I went, and how I thought that was the best way to do it. Besides that, I don't think you really want me to go in there and say it like it is, do you. That S. E Asia smokes Latin America on every level, and that they're wasting their money? Then soon enough you won't be able to move on Walking Street. You can't even move now. Or Phuket, same. The last few times I've been there, there's so many sex tourists I had to come back to the US to get away from falangs. Samui has no resemblance of what it was in 2000. And you guys will be writing about your little secret spots in the Phils like they were in the good old days.

But you're right. Maybe I should pay the $20. Nothing I have any business in requires text messaging, but maybe I will do it just to help support the site. And as a bonus, just for once I may even get an answer to the question I had. I only ask after spending hours in the forums. I thought that was the purpose of the site. Or is it just for arguing about how ethical it is to hide their cell phones, and chest thumping about ass fucking some broke girl for 1000 pesos? But I do thank my friend Good Enough for his valuable input.

Buko Max
01-28-12, 15:29
Here's my Idea. I thought I'd go to Cebu. Hang out for a few days to get the feel, then rent a motorbike. Looks like they're going for around 500 a day in other places according to the guide book? I don't even know if they rent them in Cebu, but I suppose I could get a month rate at maybe 300 a day? Anyhow thought I'd head out and do a little ferry hopping. Check out some of the other islands.Have not seen any rentals in Cebu City proper but there are a few out on Mactan. My advise to you would be to rent once you get to your destination island. Have seen rentals for as little as 250 php per day on Bohol. Once you get out of the big cities, you would be surprised at the hospitality of the locals and how easy the riding gets!

Stroker Ace88
02-02-12, 06:33
Have not seen any rentals in Cebu City proper but there are a few out on Mactan. My advise to you would be to rent once you get to your destination island. Have seen rentals for as little as 250 php per day on Bohol. Once you get out of the big cities, you would be surprised at the hospitality of the locals and how easy the riding gets!Some good advice posted by Mattrick. Anyone looking to rent a bike using daily-weekly rentals should rent area specific. There used to be a few places in Cebu City that rented daily but no more due to price increases for insurance and some foreigner accident scams that had been making the rounds in Cebu City.

It was more then likely a Korean fourm since most of the customers are Korean and the like. A few years back I did mention the place after I visited but have not seen anything about this KTV on ISG since.

Yes sounds like they missed their payments. Being in that business, I'm sure they took every measure to make sure all their employees were of legal age. Dental exams are not very accurate and can be off by as many as two years!No the forum in question is a local foreigner expat forum, not a Korean forum. Locals do not know how to read Korean with few exceptions and will not know what info is exchanged.

Boomer085
02-26-12, 16:01
Anyone have any experience renting a vehicle in cebu? I'm a Flip but have been out of the country for a long time. How is the driving compared to say Canada or US? Amounts and insurance would be nice.

Sam 14
08-23-12, 07:11
His name is paul http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/cebu-motorcycle-motorbike-rentals.php

Sam 14
10-25-12, 04:19
Sorry for the long sarcastic rant to your post earlier. You were right. I was new to the site and I didn't realize most of you guys here know your shit and the site was so cool. Thanks

WestCoast1
10-25-12, 06:57
Sorry for the long sarcastic rant to your post earlier. You were right. I was new to the site and I didn't realize most of you guys here know your shit and the site was so cool. ThanksSpot on stud. Report back when you can about any experiences you might have, good or bad.

WestCoast1
10-25-12, 07:04
And you guys will be writing about your little secret spots in the Phils like they were in the good old days.These are the good old days (and I'm not even in-country right now). Some good spots (no secret) :

* Manila Bay Cafe and G-Point Cafe in Malate.

* EDSA Entertainment complex.

* Havana Cafe, Greenbelt mall, Makati.

* P Burgos street, many good bars, Makati.

* Fields Avenue bars, Angeles City.

* J (uliana's) Disco, Cebu City.

* Dorm girls, ask any taxi driver, Cebu City.

* Ayala mall, cebu city.

* Colon / Peleaz street streetwalkers, cebu city.

Amadeuss
06-25-15, 17:25
Its an old thread. But still may ask:

In Angeles there are two rentals used to foreigners. You can get a "wreck" for 1000 and a good one for 1600 per day. Motorbikes, big ones you can get for 600 to 1000/ day.

Is there nowadays any car-rent or motorbike rent in Cebu?

Please don't say I saw a sign here or there. But tell me if you rented by yourself.

Thanks.

Member #4351
06-25-15, 18:16
The expert on this topic would be Pip Jaeger. PM him.

Buko Max
06-29-15, 06:31
Is there nowadays any car-rent or motorbike rent in Cebu?One of the best places to rent a motorcycle is on Mactan. Expat owned place has well maintained equipment albeit at higher rates. PM for more info.

Many choices for rental cars in Cebu as American outfits Hertz, Avis and Thrifty all have outlets. But I would go with one of the many local companies that include a driver.

SinfullyKorean
10-04-22, 12:59
I called around and found EJ's motorbike rental offering the best prices. The guy was very nice. Prices seem pretty high right now. Most places are charging 500+ per day for short term rentals. I only needed it for 3 days. EJ's was offering a motorbike for 400/ day for a blue 125 CC Click. They operate out of an apartment. Some bikes aren't in good condition, so test driving is a must. In fact, the employee insisted I test drive mine before I commit to one.

Turgid
07-25-23, 14:35
Is it safe to ride a motor cycle in Cebu?